时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The ’80s had a lot of pop trends, | 八十年代有很多流行乐队 |
[00:02] | and my sister was into all of them. | 我姐全喜欢 |
[00:04] | It all began with New Kids On The Block. | 一切始于新街边男孩 |
[00:06] | Danny, Donnie, Joe, Jon, Jordan. | 丹尼唐尼乔乔恩乔丹 |
[00:07] | Danny, Donnie, Joe, Jon, Jordan. | 丹尼唐尼乔乔恩乔丹 |
[00:09] | Most of these trends lasted only a week or so, | 大部分的追星行为只持续一周左右 |
[00:11] | some even shorter. | 有些更短 |
[00:12] | Girls just want to have fun, am I right? | 姑娘们只想乐乐 我说的对吗 |
[00:15] | And it’s over. | 结束了 |
[00:16] | In fact, the styles changed so fast | 事实上 风格变得太快了 |
[00:18] | that at school it was nearly impossible to keep up, | 在学校里想跟上潮流几乎不可能 |
[00:21] | especially for Geoff Schwartz. | 尤其是对杰夫·施瓦兹来说 |
[00:22] | ‘Sup, Erica? | 好吗 爱丽卡 |
[00:23] | Really feeling the flock today, am I right? | 今天超粉海鸥啊 对吗 |
[00:25] | Flock of Seagulls is so last week, Geoff. | 海鸥乐队已经是上周的事了 杰夫 |
[00:27] | We’re all about Debbie Gibson now. | 我们现在喜欢黛比·吉布森了 |
[00:29] | But I used an entire jar of honey for this. | 但我用了一整罐蜂蜜才整成这样 |
[00:31] | I’ve been fighting off bees all morning. | 我一早上都在和蜜蜂纠缠 |
[00:32] | I told you. I’m not gonna date you | 我跟你说过了 就算我们喜欢同一个乐队 |
[00:34] | just ’cause we love the same music. | 我也不会和你约会的 |
[00:35] | Yeah, bro. If anything, | 对 兄弟 要我说 |
[00:37] | you should hate her guts for the crap she listens to. | 你应该因为她听垃圾音乐讨厌她才对 |
[00:39] | Whoa, I’m sorry. | 你说什么 |
[00:40] | Do you have a problem, Johnny Atkins? | 你有问题吗 强尼·阿特金斯 |
[00:42] | My problem is your music sucks. | 我的问题是你的音乐很差劲 |
[00:44] | Big mistake, bro. | 你错大发了 兄弟 |
[00:44] | – Yo, back me up, JTP. – That’s a polite pass, bro. | -挺我 JTP -还是不要了 兄弟 |
[00:47] | Your hair suggests you | 你的发型表示 |
[00:48] | don’t know what you’re doing with your life. | 你对你的人生很迷茫 |
[00:49] | Well, you dodged a bullet, homeboy. | 你躲过了一劫 小子 |
[00:51] | For your sake, back off my girl. | 为你自己好 别烦我的女人 |
[00:53] | – Not your girl. – I love you, Erica! | -不是你的女人 -我爱你 爱丽卡 |
[00:55] | – You will be! – You guys need to get a clue. | -有天你会是的 -你们要明白 |
[00:56] | There’s only one band on the planet that matters. | 全世界只有一支有分量的乐队 |
[00:59] | – Rush. – Here we go. | -激流乐队 -开始了 |
[01:00] | – Not again. – Rush sucks. | -又来了 -激流很烂好吗 |
[01:01] | I hate you. | 我讨厌你 |
[01:01] | They’re not the canned garbage that you listen to. | 他们不是你们听的录音的垃圾乐队 |
[01:04] | They’re real. They’re from Canada. | 他们是货真价实的 他们是加拿大乐队 |
[01:05] | It’s super-cold, | 那里超级冷 |
[01:06] | so they have to rock super-hard to stay warm. | 所以他们要摇滚地超带劲才能保持温暖 |
[01:09] | I’ll take your word for it. | 我信你可以了吧 |
[01:10] | Why take my word for it | 你可以到我的车上 |
[01:11] | when you can come to my Corolla and find out for yourself? | 自己找答案时 为什么要信我的话呢 |
[01:13] | Unless you’re afraid. | 除非你害怕了 |
[01:15] | Of being alone with you in your rusted-out piece of crap? | 在你那堆生锈的废铁里和你单独在一起 |
[01:17] | For sure. | 当然 |
[01:18] | Johnny Atkins respects women. | 强尼·阿特金斯尊重女性 |
[01:20] | He has bad hair days, too. | 他也有发型不好的时候 |
[01:23] | Not many, though. | 不过不多 |
[01:24] | You ready to step into the musical cocoon | 你准备好进入音乐之茧 |
[01:26] | and emerge – a rock-‘n’-roll butterfly? | 然后成为一只摇滚蝴蝶吗 |
[01:28] | Just play it – so I can be proven right. | 快放吧 这样可以证明我是对的 |
[01:33] | In that moment, my sister’s mind unlocked… | 在那一刻 我姐的思想释放了 |
[01:36] | …as she was ushered into a world of prog rock. | 她被引入了前卫摇滚的世界 |
[01:39] | Today’s Tom Sawyer | 今日的汤姆·索亚 |
[01:40] | Mean, mean pride | 意味着自豪 |
[01:45] | It was an instant attraction | 那是一瞬间的吸引 |
[01:47] | in more ways than one. | 在很多方面 |
[01:49] | I don’t even know – what’s happening right now. | 我根本不知道现在是什么情况 |
[01:51] | Oh, my — – This is a terrible mistake. | 老天 这是个可怕的错误 |
[01:53] | – One you’ll make again. – Don’t tell anyone. | -你会再犯的错误 -别告诉任何人 |
[01:55] | I can promise that I won’t. | 我可以保证我不会 |
[01:56] | But I definitely will. | 但我绝对会说出去的 |
[01:57] | There’s one thing – you should know about me. | 我有一点你要知道 |
[01:59] | I’m painfully honest. | 我诚实地令人讨厌 |
[02:00] | You’re a fox, but you also wear too much makeup like a clown. | 你是个美女 但你的妆太浓像个小丑一样 |
[02:03] | See? | 瞧 |
[02:06] | Knock it off, you two. | 停下来 你们两个 |
[02:07] | You’re on school grounds. | 你们在校园内 |
[02:08] | And you’re in my parking spot. | 而且你占了我的车位 |
[02:10] | The window’s rolled down so I know you can hear me. | 窗户没关上 我知道你们能听见 |
[02:12] | Hello. | 喂 |
[02:13] | Cut it out. | 停下 |
[02:29] | It was April 1980-something, the morning of my birthday. | 那是一九八几年的4月 我生日的早晨 |
[02:33] | And that meant one thing. | 这意味着一件事 |
[02:35] | There’s my little birthday schmoops! | 我的生日小乖宝 |
[02:37] | All I want for my birthday is for you to not call me schmoops. | 我唯一想要的生日礼物 就是你不叫我小乖宝了 |
[02:40] | Aww, you’re cute. | 你真可爱 |
[02:41] | So, look, I know how much you like big Hollywood directors, | 听着 我知道你非常喜欢好莱坞大牌导演 |
[02:44] | like Steven Lucas and George Spielberger, | 比如说史蒂文·卢卡斯和乔治·斯皮尔伯格 |
[02:47] | so I special-ordered you this. | 所以我为你特别定制了这个 |
[02:50] | Don’t hurt your little arms. It’s heavy. | 别弄伤你的小胳膊 很重的 |
[02:53] | My own Oscar? | 我自己的奥斯卡 |
[02:54] | Read it! | 读出来 |
[02:55] | “Best Son”. | 最佳儿子 |
[02:56] | Yes, you are! And that is gonna go great | 你是的 而且这和我为你举办的 |
[02:58] | with the big Hollywood-themed birthday party I’m throwing you. | 好莱坞主题生日派对配极了 |
[03:02] | Speech! | 请讲话 |
[03:03] | For once, can’t I plan my own birthday? | 哪怕一次也好 我能自己安排生日派对吗 |
[03:05] | What? | 什么 |
[03:06] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[03:08] | “Best Son”? | 最佳儿子 |
[03:09] | You gave Adam a golden trophy? | 你给亚当一个金奖杯 |
[03:11] | That squeaky-voiced turd? | 这个鸭公嗓小兔崽子 |
[03:13] | Honey, it’s not what you think. | 亲爱的 不是你想的这样 |
[03:14] | Oh, I think this is exactly what I think. | 我觉得这就是我所想的 |
[03:17] | This tiny golden man | 这个小金人 |
[03:18] | is nonliving proof of what I’ve always known. | 是对我一直知道的事实的证明 |
[03:21] | Adam’s your favorite. | 你最宠爱的孩子是亚当 |
[03:22] | That is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[03:24] | I love all my kids equally. | 我对我所有孩子的爱是平等的 |
[03:26] | I don’t have a “Best Son” Trophy. | 我没有”最佳儿子”奖杯 |
[03:28] | The only things you ever gotten me | 你唯一送给我的 |
[03:30] | are expensive gifts from the store. | 是在商店里买的昂贵礼物 |
[03:31] | Take it. This trophy represents | 拿去 这个奖杯代表了 |
[03:32] | everything that’s wrong with my life in this house. | 我在这个家中生活上的全部错误 |
[03:35] | No. I want my own trophy | 不 我要属于我的奖杯 |
[03:37] | ’cause I’m better than Adam at everything. | 因为我样样比亚当强 |
[03:39] | Can he soothe animals with just some peanut butter and a smile? | 他可以用花生酱和笑容安抚动物吗 |
[03:42] | Can he eat an entire apple in just two bites? | 他能两口吃掉一个苹果吗 |
[03:45] | Give me an apple right now. | 现在给我个苹果 |
[03:54] | Bad start. Give me another. | 头开的不好 再来一个 |
[03:55] | Don’t waste my apples. | 别浪费我的苹果了 |
[03:57] | Look, I’m sorry you feel this way, | 抱歉你这样想 |
[03:59] | but there’s nothing that’ll convince me | 但没什么能说服我 |
[04:01] | that I play favorites. | 我会厚此薄彼 |
[04:04] | See that? | 瞧 |
[04:05] | Adam’s photo is twice the size of ours! | 亚当照片的尺寸是我们的两倍 |
[04:07] | This is a misunderstanding. | 这是个误会 |
[04:09] | The photo guy made it the wrong size, | 冲洗照片的人把尺寸搞错了 |
[04:11] | and I couldn’t return it. | 我退不掉 |
[04:12] | Please. I’ve seen you return a dead goldfish, used chapstick, | 得了 我见过你退死金鱼 用过的润唇膏 |
[04:15] | and a bathing suit Dad wore for 10 straight days in Puerto Rico. | 还有爸在波多黎名连着穿了10天的泳裤 |
[04:19] | That liner was destroyed. | 衬垫坏了 |
[04:21] | Destroyed. | 坏了 |
[04:22] | I know the truth and so does he. | 我知道真相 他也一样 |
[04:24] | Just look at that smug little face lording it over me. | 看这张自以为是的脸对我耍威风 |
[04:26] | Adam?! Where are you?! You’re so dead! | 亚当 你在哪里 你死定了 |
[04:31] | Oh, no. What have I done? | 不 我做了什么 |
[04:33] | You’ve woken me up. | 你把我吵醒了 |
[04:34] | Barry thinks I got a bigger photo of Adam | 巴瑞觉得亚当的照片最大 |
[04:36] | ’cause he’s my favorite. | 是因为我最宠爱他 |
[04:38] | Every parent has a secret favorite. | 所有家长都有私下里最喜欢的孩子 |
[04:40] | Mine’s Erica. | 我最宠爱丽卡 |
[04:41] | You can’t say that. | 你不能这样说 |
[04:43] | I don’t have a favorite. | 我没有偏爱谁 |
[04:44] | Beverly. Come on. Come on. | 贝弗莉 拜托 拜托 |
[04:47] | It’s Adam, damn it. | 是亚当 见鬼 |
[04:49] | He’s my cute little munchkin who sweats when he sleeps | 他是我可爱的小宝贝 睡觉时会流汗 |
[04:52] | and then I flip the pillow over to the cool side and — | 我把枕头翻过干爽的那边 |
[04:55] | And then he whispers, “Love you, Mama,” | 然后他低声说 爱你哦 妈妈 |
[04:58] | and then I just want to gobble his delicious face! | 我就想吞下他那张可口的脸蛋 |
[05:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:01] | My God. Barry’s right. | 我的天 巴瑞说的对 |
[05:04] | Well, starting now, he is gonna know what it’s like | 从现在开始 他会知道做我最爱的儿子 |
[05:07] | to be my number-one son. | 是什么感觉 |
[05:08] | Get back here! You will pay for what your picture did! | 回来 你要为你的照片所做的事付出代价 |
[05:11] | I was just reading a book! | 我只是在看书而已 |
[05:12] | This makes no sense! | 这根本没道理 |
[05:14] | As my mom was coming to terms | 我妈在谁是她最爱的孩子 |
[05:15] | with who her favorite child was, | 这一问题上做出了妥协 |
[05:16] | my sister had no doubts who her new favorite band was. | 我姐则非常肯定她的新宠乐队是哪一支 |
[05:20] | Wait. What is happening? | 慢着 出什么事了 |
[05:22] | Why are you covering up Debbie G.? | 你为什么遮住了黛比·吉 |
[05:23] | ‘Cause I discovered something infinitely better — | 因为我发现了好太多的乐队 |
[05:26] | Rush. | 激流乐队 |
[05:27] | Holy crap. | 见鬼了 |
[05:28] | You made out with Johnny Atkins. | 你和强尼·阿特金斯打啵了 |
[05:29] | You’re a bad little girl. | 你是个坏女生 |
[05:30] | How could you possibly know that? | 你们怎么可能知道 |
[05:32] | Because he’s the only other person I know | 因为他是我认识的人中唯一一个 |
[05:33] | who’s obsessed with that lame wizard band. | 痴迷这个差劲的巫师乐队的人 |
[05:35] | Also, he’s telling everyone. | 而且 他见人就说这事 |
[05:36] | Oh, God, I knew I shouldn’t have made out with him. | 老天 我就知道我不应该和他打啵 |
[05:38] | You don’t actually like him, do you? | 你不会真喜欢他吧 |
[05:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:40] | He’s like a cocky band nerd, | 他像个自大的乐队呆子 |
[05:42] | but he’s also honest and deep, | 但他也诚实有深度 |
[05:44] | but he also has a ponytail. | 但他又留了马尾辫 |
[05:46] | It’s so confusing. | 太混乱了 |
[05:47] | I’ve dated the biggest jerks on the planet. | 我约会过全世界最混蛋的人 |
[05:49] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[05:50] | You need to end up with a nice guy like Barry. | 你需要最终和巴瑞这样的好男生在一起 |
[05:52] | Okay, please don’t gag when I mention your brother’s name. | 我说你弟名字时 你别呕好吗 |
[05:55] | Why are you gagging? | 你为什么要呕 |
[05:56] | I’m sorry, but her gaggy face is making me gag. | 抱歉 但她作呕的表情令我也想呕 |
[06:03] | Stop. | 停下 |
[06:05] | Yo. It’s Johnny Atkins. | 嘿 在下强尼·阿特金斯 |
[06:07] | Yo. So? | 嘿 有什么事 |
[06:08] | So, Erica’s expecting me. | 爱丽卡在等我 |
[06:09] | Mind if I just pop upstairs, chill for a few? | 介意我上楼去耍一下吗 |
[06:11] | Yes, very much. | 是 相当介意 |
[06:13] | All right. Then give her this flier. | 好吧 那把这张宣传单给她 |
[06:15] | Battle of the Bands this weekend. | 这个周末有”乐队之战” |
[06:17] | Speed Up’s gonna win top prize. | 加速乐队将赢得第一名 |
[06:18] | – Speed Up? – My Rush cover band. | -加速乐队 -我们是翻唱激流乐队的 |
[06:20] | Thinking Erica could join us | 我想爱丽卡可以加入我们 |
[06:22] | ’cause our guitarist got arrested for selling… | 我们的吉他手被捕了 因为他卖… |
[06:24] | – fudge. – Fudge. | -软糖 -软糖 |
[06:25] | So good, it’s illegal. | 味道好极了 违法的 |
[06:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:27] | Well, are you gonna have her call, or… | 你会让她打电话还是… |
[06:30] | I wouldn’t do that if I were you. | 要是我就不会这样做 |
[06:32] | I’m not letting Ponytail Johnson anywhere near my daughter. | 我不会让马尾辫强生接近我的女儿 |
[06:35] | Trying to keep them from each other is a classic mistake. | 拼命分开他们是典型的错误做法 |
[06:39] | It’ll only make her want him more. | 只会让她更想和他在一起 |
[06:41] | Just like with you and Bev. | 就像你和贝弗一样 |
[06:43] | Please. You loved me. | 拜托 你当时可喜欢我了 |
[06:44] | No. I hated you real bad. | 不 我相当讨厌你 |
[06:46] | Thought you were a stubborn grump. | 我觉得你是个固执的爆脾气 |
[06:48] | First night, I nicknamed you “El Lumpo.” | 第一晚 我就给你取了”肥头鱼”的绰号 |
[06:51] | ‘Cause you’re a lump. | 因为你很胖 |
[06:52] | Yeah, yeah. I get it. | 是 我懂 |
[06:53] | Really bad-mouthed you to everyone. | 跟所有人都说你的坏话 |
[06:55] | Backfired big-time, | 结果大大的事与愿违 |
[06:57] | so when you think about it, you’re welcome. | 你想到这点时 不用谢我 |
[06:59] | This is hurtful. | 这太让人伤心了 |
[07:00] | Just leave it alone for a week | 不管不问一个星期 |
[07:02] | and it’ll go away on its own. | 事情就自然烟消云散了 |
[07:04] | Was someone at the door? | 刚才有人来吗 |
[07:05] | I’m not sure. Murray, did someone stop by? | 我不确定 默里 有人来吗 |
[07:08] | No, he did not. | 不 他没来 |
[07:14] | While my dad was ignoring Pops’ advice, | 我爸无视老爷子的建议 |
[07:16] | my mom was about to turn all her attention to Barry. | 我妈则准备把所有注意力放在巴瑞身上 |
[07:21] | The heck is this? | 这是什么 |
[07:23] | Just a “Best Son” Trophy for my real best son. | “最佳儿子”奖杯 给我真正的最佳儿子 |
[07:26] | Here’s the truth. | 事实是这样的 |
[07:28] | You are an amazing athlete with a ton of trophies. | 你是了不起的运动员 赢过很多奖杯 |
[07:33] | I only gave Adam one for “Best Son” | 我给亚当”最佳儿子”的奖杯 |
[07:35] | so he wouldn’t be jealous of your greatness. | 只是为了让他不用嫉妒你的伟大 |
[07:37] | See, this makes sense. | 这才说得通嘛 |
[07:39] | And to prove you really are the best son, | 为了证明你是真正的最佳儿子 |
[07:42] | I’m gonna focus all my time and energy on you. | 我会把我所有的时间与精力花在你身上 |
[07:45] | Just please don’t say anything to Adam. | 请别跟亚当说这事 |
[07:47] | And hurt his feelings? | 伤害他的感情吗 |
[07:49] | I would never. | 绝对不会 |
[07:51] | Sorry, sucka! Barry’s number one. | 不好意思 失败者 巴瑞是第一 |
[07:53] | – The trophy’s mine forever. – Cool. | -奖杯永远是我的 -挺好 |
[07:55] | Hope you enjoyed your day as “Best Son” | 希望你很享受你作为”最佳儿子”的日子 |
[07:57] | ’cause now Mom’s only gonna focus on me. | 因为现在妈妈只会注意我了 |
[07:59] | Wait. | 等等 |
[08:01] | Did she really say that? | 她真的这样说了吗 |
[08:02] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[08:03] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[08:05] | You literally are the best brother ever. | 你真的是史上最好的哥哥 |
[08:07] | And the best son. | 还是最好的儿子 |
[08:09] | My mother’s rejection of me | 我母亲对我的抛弃 |
[08:10] | is the most wonderful birthday gift I could ever get. | 是我能获得的最棒的生日礼物 |
[08:13] | – It’s your birthday? – From the bottom of my heart, | -今天是你生日吗 -我真心的 |
[08:15] | thank you, Barry Norman Goldberg. | 谢谢你 巴瑞·诺曼·金伯格 |
[08:18] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:20] | I feel like you’re trying to tell me something, | 我觉得你想告诉我什么 |
[08:22] | but I’m too excited to figure out what it is! | 但我太兴奋想不明白是什么 |
[08:27] | Hello, Father. | 你好 父亲 |
[08:28] | Tell me something. | 跟我说说 |
[08:30] | By chance does this “Battle of the Bands” Flier | 有没有可能这张”乐队之战”的宣传单 |
[08:32] | look at all familiar to you? | 你看起来很眼熟 |
[08:34] | Just say what you’re gonna say. | 有话直说 |
[08:35] | I saw Johnny Atkins at school today. | 我今天在学校见到了强尼·阿特金斯 |
[08:37] | He told me you slammed the door in his face. | 他告诉我你当着他的面把门摔上了 |
[08:40] | Oh, that. | 那个啊 |
[08:40] | Yeah, I only did that because he’s a piece of | 我这样做只是因为他是… |
[08:43] | – You get it. – Gonna backfire. | -你明白的 -会适得其反哦 |
[08:45] | How could you be so shallow and judgy? | 你怎么能如此肤浅而且乱评判 |
[08:47] | – You don’t even know him. – Mistake. | -你根本不认识他 -做错了哦 |
[08:50] | I know he’s a teenage boy | 我知道他是个青春期男生 |
[08:52] | who associates with fudge dealers. | 并且和软糖贩子有往来 |
[08:54] | Here it comes. | 又来了哦 |
[08:56] | Johnny’s, like, super deep. | 强尼超级有深度的 |
[08:58] | He introduced me to Rush, | 他让我见识了激流乐队 |
[08:59] | he makes wax hands, | 他做蜡手 |
[09:00] | and he even wrote me a poem. | 他还给我写了诗 |
[09:02] | – I’ll read it. – Please don’t. | -我来读 -拜托别读 |
[09:03] | “Her eyes sparkle like the sun. | 她的眼睛像阳光一样闪耀 |
[09:06] | Erica.” | 爱丽卡 |
[09:06] | Don’t bash the poem. | 别批评这首诗哦 |
[09:08] | I hate that poem. | 我讨厌这首诗 |
[09:09] | And I hate that boy. | 我讨厌这个男生 |
[09:11] | You are not going out with him. | 你不能和他约会 |
[09:13] | What?! You can’t tell me who to date! | 什么 你不能告诉我要和谁约会 |
[09:14] | And yet, I just did. | 但我刚刚就是说了 |
[09:17] | It’s happening. | 成真了哦 |
[09:19] | Will you stop singing ominous warnings? | 你别再唱出不吉利的警告行吗 |
[09:22] | It’s done. | 结束了 |
[09:24] | But, of course, it had only begun. | 但当然了 这只是开始 |
[09:29] | Erica. | 爱丽卡 |
[09:32] | What’d I say? | 我说了什么 |
[09:33] | You said no going out, | 你说不能出去 |
[09:34] | which is exactly why we’re staying in. | 所以我们留在家里 |
[09:36] | That’s not in the spirit of our agreement and you know it. | 我们的协议精神不是这样的 你知道的 |
[09:39] | Yo. Dad-bro. | 嘿 爸爸兄弟 |
[09:40] | Can you close the door? | 你关上门好吗 |
[09:42] | You’re letting all the good vibes out. | 你把所有好气氛都放出去了 |
[09:43] | Shut up, Ponytail Johnson! | 闭嘴 马尾辫强生 |
[09:44] | I joined Johnny’s band, | 我加入了强尼的乐队 |
[09:46] | so we’re gonna be practicing here a lot. | 所以我们会经常在这里练习 |
[09:47] | Now, if you’ll excuse me. | 现在 恕我们失陪了 |
[09:49] | No, I won’t excuse you! | 不 不准失陪 |
[09:51] | What the hell?! | 搞什么 |
[09:52] | Don’t do that! | 别这样做 |
[09:53] | Do not kiss him! | 别亲他 |
[09:54] | It’s my garage! | 这是我的车库 |
[09:56] | You hear me?! That’s my garage! | 听到了吗 这是我的车库 |
[10:00] | It was only the first day of Barry being the number-one son | 巴瑞成为最受宠儿子的第一天 |
[10:03] | and I was already reaping the benefits. | 我就已经得到了好处 |
[10:05] | Schmoopaloo, Mama has some truly tragic news. | 小乖宝 妈妈有些非常不幸的消息 |
[10:08] | Barry’s hockey game this weekend | 巴瑞这周末有冰球比赛 |
[10:10] | is at the exact same time as your party. | 和你的生日派对撞车了 |
[10:12] | You’re — You’re not gonna be there? | 你不会到场吗 |
[10:14] | Of course we’ll rush right back, | 我们当然会赶回来 |
[10:15] | but as far as the planning goes and everything — | 但所有的安排什么的 |
[10:18] | I’ll plan it myself. | 我会自己来安排 |
[10:19] | You don’t have to worry about anything. | 你不必担心任何事情 |
[10:20] | Okay. Headed to practice. | 好的 要去训练了 |
[10:21] | Not yet. Come and eat this chili I made you. | 不急 过来吃我为你做的辣酱 |
[10:23] | No, I’m not gonna eat a bowl of chili before I play. | 不 我不会在打球前吃一碗辣酱 |
[10:26] | It’ll slow me down! | 会让我速度慢下来的 |
[10:27] | Nonsense. It’ll give you strength. | 胡说 这会让你有力量 |
[10:29] | It’s Mama’s special power chili. | 这是妈妈的秘制能量辣酱 |
[10:31] | I don’t want it. | 我不要吃 |
[10:32] | It’s loaded with meat and beans. | 里面有好多肉和豆子 |
[10:34] | I don’t want it. | 我不要 |
[10:34] | It’s Mama’s special power chili. | 这是妈妈的秘制能量辣酱 |
[10:36] | I’m not gonna eat your special power chili. | 我不会吃你的秘制能量辣酱 |
[10:39] | Look at the meat and beans. | 看肉和豆子 |
[10:40] | I see the meat and beans. | 我看到了肉和豆子 |
[10:41] | I just don’t want to eat the meat and beans. | 我就是不想吃肉和豆子 |
[10:42] | Eat the damn meat and beans, get some power, | 吃下该死的肉和豆子 获得能量 |
[10:45] | then wash it down with some bone-strengthening buttermilk. | 然后喝些强壮骨骼的脱脂乳 |
[10:47] | No milk and no chili. I have to skate for three hours! | 不要牛奶和辣酱 我得滑冰三个小时 |
[10:50] | That’s why you need the buttermilk. | 所以你需要脱脂乳 |
[10:52] | It coats the mouth and belly from all the power-giving chili. | 它让嘴巴和胃免受能量辣酱的刺激 |
[10:55] | – No. – There you go. | -不 -这就对了 |
[10:57] | It’s so beany and meaty. | 好多豆子好多肉 |
[10:58] | Feel the beefy power. | 感受肉的能量 |
[10:59] | My tongue can’t fight the beefiness. | 我的舌头敌不过这么多的肉 |
[11:01] | Mama knows. | 妈妈知道 |
[11:03] | Now you’re ready. | 现在你准备好了 |
[11:04] | Just go make a boom-boom and I’ll take you. | 去上个厕所 我送你去 |
[11:07] | But I just have practice. | 但我只是去训练 |
[11:08] | Oh, I’m going to every practice. | 所有训练我都会去 |
[11:09] | In fact, I made these | 事实上 我还做了这些 |
[11:11] | deviled energy eggs for the ride. | 能量魔鬼蛋路上吃 |
[11:16] | What just happened? | 出什么事了 |
[11:17] | You’re her favorite. | 你是她最宠爱的儿子 |
[11:18] | Enjoy. | 好好享受 |
[11:20] | Y-You got a little something on your — | 你的脸上有一点… |
[11:22] | Ah, never mind. | 算了 |
[11:23] | As Barry was surprised by what came with being “Best Son,” | 巴瑞惊讶于做”最佳儿子”会遭遇什么 |
[11:26] | my dad gave Erica a shock of her own. | 我爸则让爱丽卡大吃一惊 |
[11:29] | What do you know? | 谁会想到啊 |
[11:30] | All of your closest friends, classmates, | 你所有的最亲近的朋友 同学 |
[11:33] | and your teacher here in our den. | 你的老师在咱家 |
[11:37] | Hey there, Erica. | 你好 爱丽卡 |
[11:38] | Why is my guidance counselor | 为什么我的辅导员 |
[11:39] | wearing shorts in my living room? | 穿着短裤在咱家客厅 |
[11:40] | Please have a seat. | 请坐 |
[11:41] | Last thing I’m gonna do is be negative about Ponytail Johnson, | 我最不想做的就是说马尾辫强生的坏话 |
[11:45] | but — Hoo-hoo! — they sure will. | 但是 哈哈 他们可愿意说了 |
[11:47] | The guy’s a total tool bag, Erica. | 这家伙真的是个混蛋 爱丽卡 |
[11:48] | See? I didn’t say it. Your best friend Lacey did. | 瞧 不是我说的 你最好的朋友兰西说的 |
[11:50] | – Lainey. – Is this a friggin’ joke? | -我叫兰妮 -这是开什么玩笑 |
[11:52] | His face is a joke. | 他的脸就是玩笑 |
[11:53] | And his poetry is awful. | 他的诗糟糕透了 |
[11:55] | And the dude only wears Rush shirts. | 这家伙只穿激流乐队的T恤 |
[11:56] | Yeah, it’s like, try a polo, bro. | 对 试下马球衫吧 伙计 |
[11:58] | Or a V-neck. I mean, what’s his deal? | 或是V领 他这算什么 |
[11:59] | – What’s he hiding? – Shut up, JTP! | -他在隐藏什么 -闭嘴 JTP |
[12:01] | My love life is none of your business. | 我的爱情生活不关你们的事 |
[12:03] | And you — Why are you even here? You’re a teacher. | 还有你 你为什么在这里 你是老师 |
[12:05] | I’m here to guide you away from dating Atkins. | 我是来指导你不要约会阿特金斯 |
[12:08] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure he’s an adult man | 我相当肯定他是成年人 |
[12:10] | living amongst the student body as an undercover cop. | 混在学生当中 其实是卧底警察 |
[12:12] | Like “21 Jump Street”? | 像《龙虎少年队》那样吗 |
[12:14] | That makes sense to me. | 我觉得有道理 |
[12:15] | You completely ambushed me. | 你这是彻底的偷袭 |
[12:17] | I can’t believe you. | 我真不敢相信 |
[12:18] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[12:19] | Your friends, your teacher, | 是你的朋友 你的老师 |
[12:21] | and that excitable boy who so clearly loves you. | 还有那个显然爱着你的易激动男生 |
[12:24] | Who is it? I’ll fight him. | 是谁 我要和他打一架 |
[12:25] | Well, I don’t care what any of you think. | 我不在乎你们怎么想 |
[12:26] | In fact, if I’m getting rid of anybody, it’s you guys. | 事实上 如果我要甩掉谁 也是甩你们 |
[12:29] | – Yeah, not buying it. – Well, you better buy | -不信 -你最好相信 |
[12:31] | ’cause I choose Johnny over all you assclowns. | 因为我会选强尼 不选你们这些坏人 |
[12:33] | – No, you don’t. – I love the guy. | -你不会 -我爱他 |
[12:35] | You’re stubborn and digging in. | 你很固执 你在死撑 |
[12:36] | We’ll see who’s stubborn when I marry him | 我嫁给他 不邀请你们 |
[12:37] | and don’t invite any of you to the wedding. | 参加婚礼时 再看看是谁固执 |
[12:41] | So, I was promised pizza. | 那个 跟我说好有披萨吃的 |
[12:43] | Where are we on that? | 在哪里吃 |
[12:44] | Also, can we add some wings? | 还有 能加点鸡翅吗 |
[12:46] | I just find that they make any situation better. | 我发现吃鸡翅能缓和气氛 |
[12:49] | Eating with your hands is fun. | 用手吃东西很有趣 |
[12:51] | Out. | 滚 |
[12:52] | Yep, my steadfast sister was doubling down on love | 我固执的姐姐对爱情加倍下注 |
[12:55] | while my brother wasn’t sure | 我哥则不太确认 |
[12:56] | how much more love he could take. | 他还能接受多少爱 |
[12:59] | Hey! Ad Rock! | 小亚当 |
[13:02] | How about a thirst-quenching Ecto Cooler | 小寿星来盒解渴的 |
[13:04] | for the birthday boy, huh? | 饮料怎么样啊 |
[13:06] | I’m not taking Mom back. | 我不会收回妈妈的 |
[13:08] | What? | 什么 |
[13:09] | No. | 不 |
[13:10] | But now that you bring it up, | 但既然你说起来这事 |
[13:11] | don’t you think Mom would be a killer party planner? | 你不觉得妈妈会是非常棒的派对策划人吗 |
[13:13] | I got that covered. | 我搞定了 |
[13:15] | Check this out. | 你看 |
[13:16] | The hell is this crap? | 这些废话是什么 |
[13:18] | The single greatest party in eighth-grade history. | 八年级有史以来最棒的派对 |
[13:20] | It’s an overwhelming feast for the senses, | 不可抵挡的感觉盛宴 |
[13:22] | and I have you to thank for it. | 这得多谢你 |
[13:24] | Please? | 拜托 |
[13:25] | My stomach can’t take any more | 我的胃再也受不了更多的 |
[13:26] | of that chili meat and buttery milk. | 辣酱肉和脱脂乳了 |
[13:28] | You got to take Mom back. | 你得把妈妈收回去 |
[13:29] | Never! From this point on, | 绝不 从现在起 |
[13:31] | you’re gonna be her delicious snuggle monster, | 你会是她可口的抱抱怪怪 |
[13:33] | and I’m gonna be left all alone. | 我会被晾在一边 |
[13:35] | Don’t you dare say that! | 你竟敢这样说 |
[13:36] | And this isn’t just for this week. | 不仅是这个星期 |
[13:38] | This will stretch months, years, decades, | 会延续到数月 数年 数十年 |
[13:41] | until she moves in with you. | 直到她搬去和你一起住 |
[13:42] | How can you be so cruel? | 你怎么能这样残忍 |
[13:43] | This is what you asked for, pal. | 这是你自找的 伙计 |
[13:45] | You brought Mom’s love on yourself. | 你自己争取的妈妈的爱 |
[13:47] | I hope no one comes to your ridiculous awesome party! | 我希望没人来参加你可笑的超棒的派对 |
[13:57] | I have that all in my Trapper Keeper. | 我都记在文件夹里了 |
[13:59] | Barry was miserable being the new number-one son. | 做新的最受宠的儿子 巴瑞苦不堪言 |
[14:01] | Meanwhile, Erica’s band | 与此同时 爱丽卡的乐队 |
[14:02] | was making my dad even more miserable. | 让我爸更是苦不堪言 |
[14:04] | This is crazy. | 真是疯了 |
[14:06] | He’s been playing the drums for over an hour. | 他已经打鼓打了一个多小时了 |
[14:07] | You’ve brought this upon yourself, Murr. | 这是你自找的 默里 |
[14:10] | It should have worked. I didn’t say a word to the girl. | 应该管用的 我一个字也没对她说 |
[14:12] | Instead of telling her yourself, | 你没自己对她说 |
[14:13] | you had everyone else in her life gang up on her. | 你让她生活中的所有人围攻她 |
[14:16] | You took a love forbidden by her father | 你让一份被父亲禁止的爱情 |
[14:19] | and made it forbidden by the world. | 上升到了被全世界禁止的高度 |
[14:21] | Oh, damn it. It sounds romantic. | 见鬼 听起来很浪漫 |
[14:24] | Love ninja nunchucked my life apart | 爱情忍者 用双截棍将我的生活击碎 |
[14:31] | That’s really good. You wrote that? | 真是不错 你写的吗 |
[14:33] | Yeah. And I never would have thought | 是 我从来没想过 |
[14:34] | to put a 10-minute drum solo in the middle. | 在中间加入10分钟的鼓独奏 |
[14:36] | I just Rush’d it up. | 我一时”激流”一下 |
[14:37] | We’re actually really good. | 我们非常棒 |
[14:39] | And, like, we’re actually pretty good, too. | 而且 我们也挺不错的 |
[14:41] | Oh, boy. Here we go. | 老天 又来了 |
[14:43] | Yo. It’s gonna be one of those. | 嘿 这是经常会碰到的情况 |
[14:45] | I told you. | 我跟你说过了 |
[14:46] | Johnny Atkins doesn’t put labels on things. | 强尼·阿特金斯是不会贴标签的 |
[14:48] | The thing is, I kind of went out on a limb | 是这样的 我豁出去了 |
[14:50] | and told everyone that | 告诉所有人 |
[14:52] | even though they think you’re human trash, | 尽管他们觉得你是人渣 |
[14:54] | I’ll be with you forever, | 我依然会永远和你在一起 |
[14:55] | so, yeah, kind of locked into this. | 所以 算是被困住了 |
[14:58] | You love me. I get it. | 你爱我 我懂 |
[15:00] | Johnny Atkins is a roller coaster that only goes up. | 强尼·阿特金斯是只向上的过山车 |
[15:02] | Oh, God, no. | 当然不是 |
[15:03] | I mean, you’ve for sure grown on me, but yuck. | 你当然影响了我 但好恶心 |
[15:06] | So you’re saying – the roller coaster goes down? | 你是说 朝下的过山车吗 |
[15:08] | No. I definitely think | 不 我清楚地觉得 |
[15:09] | we should take things to the next level, | 我们应该更进一步 |
[15:11] | even though I’m kind of like, “Ehhh.” | 尽管我的感觉是 恶心 |
[15:13] | This is rocking my world and not in a good way. | 你这话摇滚了我的世界 但不是以好的方式 |
[15:16] | Look on the bright side. | 看好的一面 |
[15:17] | One day we’ll get married so I can prove a point, | 有天我们会结婚 这样我可以证明我是对的 |
[15:19] | and that’s not nothing, fella. | 这也不错啊 伙计 |
[15:22] | Wait. What about practice? | 等等 练习怎么办 |
[15:23] | Battle of the Bands is this weekend. | 这周末就是”乐队之战”了 |
[15:25] | For me. You’re out. | 我会参加 你出局了 |
[15:26] | Mostly ’cause what you said sucked. | 主要是因为你说的话太差劲了 |
[15:37] | It was the day before my birthday party, | 我生日派对的前一天 |
[15:39] | and I was discovering that planning it without my mom | 我发现在没有我妈的情况下安排好 |
[15:42] | was a lot harder than I thought. | 比我想的难得多 |
[15:43] | I don’t care if it’ll get the other kids sick. | 我不管是否会让其他孩子生病 |
[15:45] | I promised drinks with fog! | 我保证过会有迷雾饮料 |
[15:47] | Why would a clown need to see a picture of me | 为什么小丑要在同意来之前 |
[15:49] | before he agrees to come? | 先看我的照片 |
[15:50] | You can’t make me a camera cake? | 你不能给我做摄像机蛋糕吗 |
[15:52] | You advertise specialty cakes! | 你们的广告上说有特制蛋糕 |
[15:54] | Oh, you’re a fraud! | 你们是骗子 |
[15:56] | This is a disaster, man! | 真是一场灾难 |
[15:58] | You want to talk disaster? | 你想谈灾难吗 |
[16:00] | I’ve eaten so much power chili my body has adapted. | 我吃了太多的能量辣酱 我的身体适应了 |
[16:03] | It’s starting to crave it like water or air. | 对辣酱的渴望开始像对水和空气一样 |
[16:06] | My party’s tomorrow and the vendors are impossible. | 明天就是派对了 供应商真是难以忍受 |
[16:08] | I’m a boy. I can’t plan the hugest party ever! | 我是小男生 我没办法安排有史以来最大的派对 |
[16:11] | Mom could have done it easily. | 妈可以轻易做到 |
[16:12] | Too bad she’s busy ruining my life. | 只可惜她忙着毁掉我的人生 |
[16:14] | I need her. | 我需要她 |
[16:16] | Say it again! | 再说一遍 |
[16:16] | – Say it! – I take it back. | -说 -我收回这话 |
[16:18] | Adam needs you! | 亚当需要你 |
[16:19] | Focus on him and not me. | 全力注意他 别管我 |
[16:21] | What? What’s wrong? | 什么 出什么事了 |
[16:22] | He misses being your little schmoopaloo. | 他怀念做你的小乖宝 |
[16:24] | I admit it. He’s the best son. | 我承认 他是最佳儿子 |
[16:26] | Take him back. | 把他拿回去 |
[16:27] | You really miss your mama? | 你真的想念你的妈妈吗 |
[16:29] | Okay, fine. I do. | 好的 是的 |
[16:31] | I miss you getting me everything I ever wanted | 我想念你通过恐吓威胁 |
[16:33] | through fear, intimidation, and remorseless perseverance. | 以及无情的坚持 来让我拥有我想要的一切 |
[16:37] | That is the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me. | 这是别人对我说过的最动听的话 |
[16:40] | Come to Mama. | 妈妈抱抱 |
[16:42] | But I still feel awful. | 但我依然觉得很糟 |
[16:45] | I just can’t live with the idea | 我只是无法接受 |
[16:47] | that you think I love Adam more than you. | 你认为我爱亚当胜过爱你 |
[16:49] | No. Adam’s your baby. | 不 亚当是你的宝宝 |
[16:51] | Always will be. | 永远是的 |
[16:52] | And, man, I am more than okay with that. | 老天 我完全没意见 |
[16:54] | Okay, so party’s tomorrow. What exactly do you need? | 派对在明天 你需要什么 |
[16:57] | – Everything. – Everything?! | -所有的 -所有的 |
[16:59] | Don’t panic. Give me a phone book. | 别慌 给我电话簿 |
[17:02] | Mama’s got to see a man about a mini horse. | 妈妈要见一个人 谈谈小马的事 |
[17:04] | As my mom set out to save the party of the year, | 我妈着手拯救年度最佳派对时 |
[17:06] | my dad realized he needed to save Erica | 我爸意识到他需要拯救爱丽卡 |
[17:08] | from throwing away something she loved. | 让她不要抛弃她所热爱的 |
[17:10] | Can we talk? | 可以谈谈吗 |
[17:12] | Like, just you and me, | 就你和我 |
[17:13] | or is everyone who matters in my life | 还是我生活中所有重要的人 |
[17:15] | standing outside the door? | 都站在门外 |
[17:17] | I messed up. | 我做错了 |
[17:18] | I, uh, wanted to be better | 比起那些疯狂的老爸 |
[17:20] | than all those other crazy dads and protect you, | 我想做得更好 我想保护你 |
[17:24] | but I only made things way worse. | 但我只是令情况更糟了 |
[17:27] | It’s just — | 只是 |
[17:28] | It’s not easy seeing | 只是很难接受看到 |
[17:30] | my peanut all grown up and dating guys. | 我的小花生长大了 开始约会男生了 |
[17:35] | Well, I guess we both got carried away. | 我想我们都失去理智了 |
[17:38] | I mean, I was ready to stay with some dude | 我都准备好和一个男生在一起 |
[17:39] | just to prove you wrong. | 只为了证明你错了 |
[17:42] | And the worst part? | 最糟糕的是 |
[17:43] | I’m really gonna miss being in that cover band. | 我会很怀念在翻唱乐队的时光 |
[17:45] | Just because you broke up with the guy… | 你和那个男生分手了 |
[17:49] | …doesn’t mean you got to break up with the band. | 并不代表你得和乐队分开 |
[17:53] | Battle of the Bands. Who’s in? | 乐队之战 谁加入 |
[17:54] | Me. I’ll literally do whatever you want. | 我 你说什么我都照做 |
[17:56] | Not you. | 没问你 |
[17:57] | I want to form a Rush cover band, just the girls. | 我想组一支全女生的激流乐队的翻唱乐队 |
[18:00] | Dude, does it have to be Rush? | 伙计 非得是激流乐队吗 |
[18:02] | Answer after you listen. | 听了后再回答 |
[18:15] | A modern-day warrior | 当代的勇士 |
[18:17] | Mean, mean stride | 意味着向前跨步 |
[18:18] | Today’s Tom Sawyer | 今日的汤姆·索亚 |
[18:19] | Mean, mean pride | 意味着自豪 |
[18:23] | I love you, Erica! | 我爱你 爱丽卡 |
[18:28] | Okay, everybody! Party faces right now! | 好了各位 派对表情露出来 |
[18:31] | And 3, 2, 1! | 三二一 |
[18:34] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[18:37] | And so began the most epic | 有史以来最经典的 |
[18:39] | middle-school party of all time. | 初中派对就此开始 |
[18:42] | Hell yeah! | 太棒了 |
[18:44] | The river | 似河流 |
[19:01] | What you say about his company | 你对他陪伴的评价 |
[19:04] | is what you say about society | 正是你对社会的看法 |
[19:06] | catch the myth | 抓住神话 |
[19:08] | Catch the mist | 抓住迷雾 |
[19:09] | Catch the mystery, catch the drift | 抓住神秘 抓住漂移 |
[19:12] | Cue the mini horse. | 小马上场 |
[19:18] | Mini horse! | 小马 |
[19:19] | In mini sneakers! | 穿着小运动鞋 |
[19:21] | The world is the world is Love and life are deep | 世界有世界的样子 爱与人生有深度 |
[19:27] | Maybe as his skies are wide | 也许如他的天空一般开阔 |
[19:36] | Today’s Tom Sawyer He gets high on you | 今日的汤姆·索亚 凌驾你之上 |
[19:38] | And the space he invades | 他侵入的空间 |
[19:40] | He gets by on you | 却依靠于你 |
[19:45] | Awesome camera cake! | 好棒的摄像机蛋糕 |
[19:50] | That fateful night, | 在那决定性的一晚 |
[19:51] | my sister realized she didn’t need a boy | 我姐意识到她不需要男生帮助 |
[19:53] | to achieve her rock-‘n’-roll dreams, | 来完成她的摇滚梦想 |
[19:55] | and I realized I may not have been the best son, | 我意识到也许我不是最佳儿子 |
[19:58] | but I definitely had the best mom. | 但我绝对拥有最佳老妈 |
[20:04] | And obviously the best dance moves. | 显然还有最佳舞姿 |
[20:13] | Well, | 好的 |
[20:14] | Adam hopes some day to make real movies, | 亚当希望以后有一天能拍出真正的电影 |
[20:16] | like his idol, Steven Spielberg. | 像他的偶像 斯蒂芬·斯皮尔伯格 |
[20:18] | Maybe someday this will become a real one for you. | 也许有一天你会真正拥有这样的奖杯 |
[20:21] | I’d like to thank everybody. | 我想感谢所有人 |
[20:24] | My family. | 我的家人 |
[20:26] | And my friends. | 我的朋友 |
[20:27] | And — And everybody for making this possible. | 所有令这一切成真的人 |
[20:30] | Thanks for being there when I needed you. | 感谢我需要你时支持了我 |
[20:41] | ‘Sup, Erica? | 好吗 爱丽卡 |
[20:43] | Want to go out to my Jetta | 想去我的车上 |
[20:44] | and listen to a little “Exit…Stage Left”? | 听一下《出口 舞台左侧》专辑吗 |
[20:46] | Rush? That’s, like, so last week. | 激流乐队 上周的事了 |
[20:48] | We’re into The Cure now. | 我们现在喜欢治疗乐队了 |
[20:49] | Can you guys, like, clue me in a little next time? | 下次你们能给我点提示吗 |
[20:52] | This horsehair ponytail was expensive! | 这个马毛的辫子很贵的 |
[20:58] | Are you me? | 你是我吗 |
[20:59] | I’ve had way too much fudge today. | 我今天抽了太多”软糖”了 |