时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, | 八十年代 |
[00:01] | Stephen King was the master of horror. | 史蒂芬·金是恐怖小说大师 |
[00:03] | The man seemed to write a new book every week, | 他似乎每周能出一本新书 |
[00:05] | and I devoured them all. | 我全看了 |
[00:07] | But my favorite — “Misery,” | 我的最爱是《危情十日》 |
[00:08] | a story about a woman who kept a writer captive | 讲的是一个女人囚禁了一位作家 |
[00:11] | till he wrote her the story of her dreams. | 逼他写出她理想中的故事 |
[00:13] | Schmoop-a-loop. | 小宝贝 |
[00:15] | Don’t forget we’re going underpants shopping tomorrow. | 别记了我们明天要去买内裤 |
[00:17] | I remember you saying that. | 我记得你说过 |
[00:18] | I don’t remember agreeing to it. | 我不记得我同意了 |
[00:20] | I suppose you’re too old for Underoos now? | 我想你已经大到不穿儿童内裤了 |
[00:22] | Yes! I’m in a high school! | 是 我是高中生了 |
[00:23] | God, this is a nightmare I can’t escape from. | 老天 这真是我无法逃离的噩梦 |
[00:26] | Guess I’ll have to put these in my scrapbook now. | 看来只能放进剪贴簿了 |
[00:28] | Stephen King made me want to write horror stories, too. | 史蒂芬·金也激发我想写恐怖小说 |
[00:31] | I just hadn’t found anything horrific to write about. | 我只是没找到有什么恐怖题材可写的 |
[00:34] | Let me see. | 我想想 |
[00:34] | What…is…scary? | 什么很恐怖 |
[00:37] | Kissy monster attack! | 亲亲怪兽来啦 |
[00:39] | And if my writer’s block weren’t bad enough, | 文思枯竭还不够糟糕的话 |
[00:41] | I had this to deal with, too. | 我还得应付这个 |
[00:43] | Whoo! That was good for me. | 真是神清气爽 |
[00:44] | Okay, meatloaf burgers in 20. | 肉饼汉堡20分钟后好 |
[00:52] | Wait. That was it. | 等等 有了 |
[00:54] | I already lived in my own Stephen King horror tale, | 我根本就是活在史蒂芬·金的恐怖小说中 |
[00:56] | and I was gonna write about the scariest monster of them all… | 我要写下其中最可怕的怪兽 |
[00:58] | Kissy monster returns! | 亲亲怪兽又回来啦 |
[01:00] | …my horrifying smother. | 我那可怕的爱你爱到你窒息的老妈 |
[01:02] | Feeds on chubby cheeks! | 我要吃胖乎乎的小脸 |
[01:17] | It was October 29th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的10月29日 |
[01:19] | and, unfortunately for Erica, | 对爱丽卡来说很不幸 |
[01:21] | the Halloween dance was fast approaching. | 就快到万圣节舞会了 |
[01:23] | Me and Evy came up with the perfect couple’s costume. | 我和艾菲想到了完美的情侣装扮服 |
[01:25] | I’m gonna be Seymour from “Little Shop of Horrors.” | 我扮《恐怖小店》里的西摩 |
[01:27] | And I’ll be Audrey II, the man-eating plant. | 我扮奥黛丽二世 吃人的植物 |
[01:30] | – Fits. – Excuse me, now? | -合适 -你说什么 |
[01:31] | I hope it fits — the costume. | 我希望合适 我是说装扮服 |
[01:35] | And, uh, who exactly are you taking to the dance, Erica? | 你和谁一起参加舞会 爱丽卡 |
[01:38] | I’ve got… someone lined up. It — | 已经有人了 |
[01:41] | Lainey’s hot cousin Nate. | 兰妮的帅表哥内特 |
[01:42] | What? Nate didn’t tell me you were goin– | 什么 内特没告诉我你… |
[01:44] | Yeah, he doesn’t tell you everything. | 对 他不是什么都告诉你 |
[01:45] | Oh. Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:47] | He did say you’re in a very serious relationship. | 不过他说了你们是很认真的 |
[01:49] | It’s not that serious. | 也没那么认真 |
[01:51] | I mean, we could break up anytime, | 我们可以随时分手 |
[01:53] | so I can date other people. | 我可以和其他人约会 |
[01:54] | Totally. | 绝对的 |
[01:55] | ‘Cause you have trouble committing? | 因为你不愿意许下承诺吗 |
[01:57] | Nope. I’m very open to that. | 不 我是很愿意的 |
[01:58] | Just…with the right person, which it’s not right now. | 但只是对正确的人 现在没有 |
[02:01] | Point is, I have a date. Okay. Bye. | 重点是我有舞伴 好了 拜拜 |
[02:04] | Yep, my sister had resorted to making up a date, | 我姐居然虚构有一个约会对象 |
[02:06] | and no one was more pleased than my brother. | 最开心的就是我哥 |
[02:13] | How the mighty have fallen. | 英雄也有这么惨的时候啊 |
[02:15] | Okay, I can’t deal with whatever this is, so get out. | 不管是什么 我都不想吵 出去 |
[02:17] | This is me rejoicing in your social failures. | 我因你社交失败而感到欣喜 |
[02:20] | I know you have no date this Halloween, | 我知道这次万圣节你没有约会对象 |
[02:22] | most romantic of all holidays. | 这可是节日中最浪漫的一个 |
[02:23] | Okay, I get it — You’re here to bust balls, | 我明白 你是来示威的 |
[02:25] | but please, I need you to cut me some slack. | 拜托 放我一马吧 |
[02:27] | Did you ever cut me slack during the last 16 years? | 过去16年 你有放过我吗 |
[02:31] | Before I had Lainey, | 在我拥有兰妮之前 |
[02:32] | you tortured me for being the world’s biggest loser. | 你因为我是全世界最失败的人而折磨我 |
[02:34] | Come on. I wasn’t that bad. | 拜托 我没有那么坏 |
[02:35] | You made a puppet out of a tube sock | 你用长筒袜做了个公仔 |
[02:37] | and told everyone it was my girlfriend. | 告诉所有人那是我的女友 |
[02:39] | Soxanne. | 袜安妮 |
[02:40] | You wrote an op-ed in the school paper | 你在校报中写了个专栏 |
[02:42] | about what a loser I was. | 说我有多失败 |
[02:43] | I changed your name! No one knew that Gary Boldberg was you. | 我改了名字 没人知道巴里·金格伯是你 |
[02:46] | You spread a rumor about me dating the lunch lady! | 你散播谣言说我和午餐大婶约会 |
[02:49] | Doris is just a friend! | 多瑞丝只是朋友 |
[02:51] | Okay, fine! I’ve done a few evil things. | 行了 我做了几件邪恶的事 |
[02:53] | But that doesn’t mean I deserve comeuppance. Please! | 但这不表示我要遭报应 拜托 |
[02:56] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[02:57] | I’ve been waiting my whole life for this moment | 我这辈子都在等待这一刻 |
[02:59] | to come in here and call you the sad sack. | 进来叫你没人要的倒霉蛋 |
[03:02] | Oh, my God. You’re right. | 我的天 你说得对 |
[03:05] | I’m you. I’m the Barry. | 我是你 我是巴瑞 |
[03:07] | “I’m the Barry”? What — What the hell does that mean? | “我是巴瑞” 这是什么意思 |
[03:09] | You know — the mopey loser, the Barry! | 闷闷不乐的失败者 巴瑞 |
[03:10] | Okay, that is not what being the Barry means. | 巴瑞不是这个意思 |
[03:13] | I don’t want to be the Barry, but that’s exactly what I am! | 我不想做巴瑞 但我是的 |
[03:15] | This is my moment of triumph! | 这是我胜利的时刻 |
[03:17] | Don’t feel sorry for yourself for being me! | 别因为你是我而感到难过 |
[03:19] | But I really do feel like a hopeless Barry, | 我真的觉得自己是没救的巴瑞 |
[03:21] | while you’re happily living your life like anything but a Barry. | 你却过着不是巴瑞的快乐生活 |
[03:24] | Okay, I am happy, but I’m not the Barry. | 我很快乐 但我不是巴瑞 |
[03:27] | I mean, I am the Barry, but in a good way! | 我是巴瑞 但这是好话 |
[03:29] | Gah! Just shut up! | 给我闭嘴 |
[03:31] | As Barry wasn’t getting his revenge, | 巴瑞没报复成功 |
[03:32] | I was about to find out that my mom had read my horror story | 我马上就要发现我妈看到了我写的 |
[03:36] | based solely on her. | 以她为原型的恐怖小说 |
[03:37] | Don’t “Hey” Me, mister. I found your little story. | 嘿什么嘿 先生 我看到你的小说了 |
[03:40] | Oh. Okay. | 好的 |
[03:41] | Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead | 与任何活人或是死人 |
[03:44] | or big-haired and blond is purely coincidental. | 或是爆炸金发的相似纯属巧合 |
[03:48] | I just don’t understand how you could do this. | 我只是不明白你怎么能这样做 |
[03:51] | Why would you hide something so… | 你为什么要把这么了不起的东西 |
[03:53] | amazing from your mother? | 藏起来不让妈妈看到呢 |
[03:54] | You actually liked it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[03:56] | Liked it? | 喜欢 |
[03:58] | This is as good, if not better, than Stefan King himself. | 就算不比史蒂芳·金强 也是一样的好 |
[04:01] | Stephen King. And you’ve read his stuff? | 史蒂芬·金 你看了他的小说吗 |
[04:02] | Not a word. But I’ll tell you something. | 一个字也没看过 但你跟你说 |
[04:05] | He’d better look out for Adam F. Goldberg. | 他最好小心亚当·F·金伯格 |
[04:08] | Love the middle initial — very authorly. | 喜欢你加上中间名的首字母 好有作家范儿 |
[04:10] | It’s only there ’cause there’s another Adam Goldberg in school. | 加上是因为学校还有一个亚当·金伯格 |
[04:13] | He’s in 11th grade and has a beard. | 他是11年级的 长了胡子 |
[04:15] | Ooh! What if we send this story to Mr. King? | 我们把这篇小说寄给金先生好吗 |
[04:17] | Maybe he could get it published. | 也许他能出版 |
[04:18] | I-I would love that, but it’s just a first draft. | 我也想 但这只是初稿 |
[04:21] | If he’s gonna read it, it has to be perfect. | 如果要给他看 一定得是完美的 |
[04:23] | You keep working on it, | 你继续修改 |
[04:24] | and we’ll keep it under wraps until then. | 在那之前我们保密 |
[04:26] | Great news, everyone. | 各位 好消息 |
[04:28] | I’ve picked the new book for book club. | 我为书友会选了新书 |
[04:30] | Ooh! Who’s it by? | 谁写的 |
[04:31] | Only the greatest American novelist. | 美国最伟大的小说家 |
[04:33] | – Hemingway? – Hemingway? | -海明威吗 -海明威 |
[04:35] | Pfft! Yuck! | 我呸 |
[04:37] | My little Adam. | 我的小亚当 |
[04:38] | Beverly, we usually do classics or award winners. | 贝弗莉 我们一般看经典名著或得奖作品 |
[04:41] | The point of book club is to enrich our minds. | 书友会的意义在于充实我们的思想 |
[04:43] | Put a sock in it, Elaine. | 安静 伊莱恩 |
[04:45] | Last week, you picked that suck-ass “Joy Luck Club.” | 上周你选了那本烂书《喜福会》 |
[04:47] | Bevy, that book was a heart-wrenching masterpiece. | 贝弗 那本书是打动人心的杰作 |
[04:50] | Okay, what are you even doing here? | 你在这里凑什么热闹 |
[04:52] | This is a book club for ladies. | 这是女人的书友会 |
[04:54] | That’s exactly why I’m here. | 所以我才来的 |
[04:56] | Albert Solomon, book lover. | 艾伯特·所罗门 爱看书的人 |
[04:59] | Dad, stop trying to take over book club. | 爸 别想着接手书友会 |
[05:01] | Okay, everyone. | 各位 |
[05:02] | Read my boopie’s book. | 看我宝贝的小说 |
[05:04] | I guess reading one little short story…won’t hurt. | 我想看一个短篇小说没什么害处 |
[05:08] | I’m so glad you already love it. | 我真高兴你们已经喜欢上了 |
[05:14] | As my mom was helping me get my big break, | 我妈帮助我获得重大突破时 |
[05:16] | my sister was about to get one of her own. | 我姐也迎来了大转机 |
[05:20] | Are you okay, Geoff? | 你还好吗 杰夫 |
[05:22] | Oh, my gosh, did you break up? | 我的天 你们分手了吗 |
[05:24] | If so, that is sad. | 如果是这样 那太可怜了 |
[05:26] | No. Uh, Evy’s Gam-Gam’s in the hospital. | 不 艾菲的奶奶进医院了 |
[05:29] | She can’t go to the Halloween dance. | 她不能参加万圣节舞会了 |
[05:30] | That is also sad. | 太可怜了 |
[05:32] | Hey! I have a fun idea. | 我有个有趣的主意 |
[05:34] | Why don’t you two do a couple’s costume together? | 不如你们穿情侣装扮服 |
[05:36] | As friends. | 以朋友的身份 |
[05:37] | Yes. Just a couple of friends. | 对 一对朋友 |
[05:39] | We can even do “Little Shop of Horrors,” Like you wanted. | 我们可以扮《恐怖小店》 你喜欢的 |
[05:41] | I…thought you had a date. | 你不是有舞伴吗 |
[05:42] | Lainey’s cousin? | 兰妮的表哥吗 |
[05:44] | Uh, no, his grandma’s sick, too. | 他奶奶也病了 |
[05:45] | She must have caught the same bug as Evy’s grandma. | 她肯定是感染了艾菲奶奶那种病的细菌 |
[05:47] | I don’t think you can catch slipping in a tub. | 摔倒在浴缸里感染不了吧 |
[05:49] | Well, we’re not doctors. | 我们不是医生 |
[05:51] | I don’t know. I mean, Evy was the one making them, | 我不知道 衣服是艾菲做的 |
[05:52] | and I don’t even know how — | 我甚至不知道… |
[05:54] | Bup-bup. Don’t you worry. | 别说了 你不用担心 |
[05:55] | I am going to make a Broadway-quality costume with my own two hands. | 我会亲手做出百老汇级别的装扮服 |
[05:59] | Boom! Look what I rented with my own two hands. | 看我亲手租了什么 |
[06:02] | You are so gonna take Evy’s man | 艾菲在照顾她生病的奶奶时 |
[06:03] | while she’s tending to her ailing Gam-Gam. | 你肯定能把她的男人抢过来 |
[06:05] | Don’t say it like that, | 别这样说 |
[06:06] | ’cause you make it sound like I’m the bad guy here. | 听起来我是坏人 |
[06:08] | Eh, it’s dicey, but you’re my best friend. I’m on your side. | 有点冒险 但我是你最好的朋友 我挺你 |
[06:11] | That day, Erica wasn’t the only one | 那天 爱丽卡不是唯一一个 |
[06:13] | with delusions of grandeur. | 被幻觉冲昏头脑的人 |
[06:14] | Okay, blah-di-blah. Enough small talk. | 好啦 聊天聊够了 |
[06:16] | All your weeks were the same. | 你们的日子都一样 |
[06:17] | Nothing important happened in your lives. | 生活中没什么重要事 |
[06:19] | All right, down to business. | 说正事 |
[06:21] | Who here loved Adam’s story? | 谁喜欢亚当的小说 |
[06:24] | Beverly, it was good — really good. | 贝弗莉 写得好 非常好 |
[06:26] | I knew it! My baby’s the next Stefan King. | 我就知道 我的宝贝是下一个史蒂芳·金 |
[06:29] | Just — Just one tiny, little thing. | 有个小问题 |
[06:31] | Um…did you happen to notice anything familiar? | 你有注意到有什么熟悉的地方吗 |
[06:35] | What? What are you getting at? | 你说什么 |
[06:36] | Uh…Albert, you want to field this? | 艾伯特 你来说好吗 |
[06:38] | Fine. I’ll take the hit. | 行 我来撞枪口 |
[06:39] | Listen, Bevy, it’s clear | 贝弗 很显然 |
[06:41] | the soul-sucking monster in the story is you. | 小说里吸食灵魂的怪兽是你 |
[06:46] | I don’t see it. | 我没看出来 |
[06:48] | It’s name is Veeberly, has blond hair, | 她叫威弗莉 有着一头金发 |
[06:51] | and wears colorful sweaters. | 穿着色彩缤纷的毛衣 |
[06:52] | Mmmm… not connecting the dots. | 一点关系也没有 |
[06:55] | Just look at the cover. | 看封面 |
[06:56] | It’s clearly your head on a spider-like creature’s torso. | 显然你的头在蜘蛛的身体上 |
[07:04] | Beverly, it’s you! | 贝弗莉 是你 |
[07:05] | Wait, does everybody here think I’m a monster? | 慢着 大家觉得我是怪兽吗 |
[07:08] | No! No, no, no! We don’t think that. | 不不 我们不觉得 |
[07:10] | Just your child. | 是你孩子这样想 |
[07:12] | He’s the one that called you — let me get the words — | 是他说你 我来念 |
[07:14] | “A vicious she-spider whose strength comes from | 恶毒雌蜘蛛 她的力量来自 |
[07:17] | her children’s blood and Jazzercize.” | 她孩子的血和爵士健美操 |
[07:20] | Well, that — that’s not Adam’s final version. | 那不是亚当的最终作品 |
[07:23] | He still has many, many changes to make. | 他还要修改很多地方 |
[07:25] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[07:27] | Once, my son said that my chicken was a little dry. | 有一次 我儿子说我的鸡肉有点干 |
[07:29] | Oh, your chicken was dry! | 你的鸡肉太干 |
[07:31] | Get out. | 滚 |
[07:33] | I love you, but get your ass out of here. | 我爱你 但给我滚 |
[07:36] | Book club is over. | 书友会结束 |
[07:40] | Oh, good. They’re gone | 太好了 她们走了 |
[07:43] | Can you believe they think Adam’s short story is about me? | 你能相信吗 他们觉得亚当的小说写的是我 |
[07:46] | Here, let me take a look. | 让我看 |
[07:48] | “It was blond and angry and was rude to waiters.” | 金发 易怒 对服务员没有礼貌 |
[07:51] | – No, this tracks. – That could be anybody. | -这有线索 -这可以是任何人 |
[07:53] | “The colorful sweaters and neon leggings | 色彩缤纷的毛衣和尼龙打底腿 |
[07:54] | hid the darkness in her heart.” | 藏在她心中的黑暗处 |
[07:56] | Why am I even discussing this? | 我为什么要讨论这个 |
[07:57] | I’ve got shrimp Parm to make for dinner. | 我要去为晚餐准备虾卷了 |
[07:58] | “She lured her victims with promises | 她用承诺的芝士海鲜砂锅 |
[08:00] | of cheesy seafood casserole.” | 来引诱她的受害者 |
[08:02] | Yes, we all know — clearly, it’s me! | 我们都知道 显然这是我 |
[08:04] | As my mom was finding out she was my monster, | 我妈发现她就是我笔下的怪兽时 |
[08:06] | Erica was about to get a fright of her own. | 爱丽卡也将要大吃一惊 |
[08:08] | Hey. Hi. Hello. | 你们好 |
[08:10] | Y-You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[08:11] | Great news — Evy’s Gam-Gam made a full recovery. | 好消息 艾菲的奶奶完全康复了 |
[08:14] | Oh, that’s just so great! | 真是太好了 |
[08:16] | ‘Cause now we’re…not going to the dance together. | 因为现在我们不会一起参加舞会了 |
[08:19] | Or… how’s this work? | 这样怎么能行 |
[08:21] | Um, I think it works like | 我想能行 |
[08:23] | I’ll go with my girlfriend but see you there? | 我和女友一起去 我们舞会见 |
[08:26] | For sure! I’m going with Nate again. | 好的 我和内特去好了 |
[08:28] | His grandma’s doing better, too. | 他的奶奶也好转了 |
[08:30] | Vitamins — am I right? | 维生素 对吗 |
[08:32] | Anyway, I’ll catch you there. | 我们到时见 |
[08:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:36] | Thanks for agreeing to go with him as friends. | 多谢你同意以朋友身份陪他去 |
[08:38] | So sweet of you. | 你真是太好了 |
[08:40] | Also. I’m onto you, homewrecker. | 还有 我盯上你了 小三 |
[08:42] | – Wha– – I lied about Gam-Gam doing better. | -什么 -我奶奶好转是骗人的 |
[08:45] | She’s in a medically induced coma. | 她处于医学昏迷状态 |
[08:47] | But I’m staying here to make sure | 但我会留在这里确保 |
[08:48] | you don’t lay your mitts on my man. | 你不会染指我的男人 |
[08:50] | Evy, I have no idea why you — | 艾菲 我不知道你为什么… |
[08:51] | Oh, sweet Erica. | 甜美的爱丽卡 |
[08:54] | I get what he sees in you. | 我明白他瞧上你什么 |
[08:56] | The olive skin, chestnut auburn hair, | 橄榄色的皮肤 栗子色的头发 |
[08:59] | easy smile. | 轻松的笑容 |
[09:01] | Thank you? | 我该说谢谢吗 |
[09:02] | You had your chance with my Geoff last year. | 你去年本来有机会和我的杰夫在一起 |
[09:05] | But you blew it. | 但你自己搞砸了 |
[09:07] | Blew…it. | 搞砸了 |
[09:09] | Oh, Evy. | 艾菲 |
[09:11] | Sure, you’re smart and confident. | 没错 你聪明又自信 |
[09:14] | But it won’t be enough. | 但这不够 |
[09:16] | Don’t you drag the back of your hand down my cheek | 别用你的手背摸我的脸颊 |
[09:18] | in a soft but threatening manner. | 看似温柔实则威胁 |
[09:20] | Only I do that. | 只有我可以这样做 |
[09:21] | Well, it seems like I’m doing it right now. | 看起来我现在就在这样做 |
[09:23] | Only the woman with the upper hand does that. | 只有占上风的女人才能这样做 |
[09:26] | Shh! We both know who that is. | 我们都知道是谁 |
[09:29] | Don’t you shush my lips with your finger! | 别用你的手指压我嘴唇上让我安静 |
[09:31] | I am the one who shushes! | 只能我让你安静 |
[09:35] | Enough! | 够了 |
[09:37] | This is a fight you can’t win, missy, | 这场战争你赢不了 小姑娘 |
[09:39] | ’cause I already won. | 因为我已经赢了 |
[09:41] | Ugh. We watched this whole thing, | 我们从头看到尾 |
[09:43] | and they’re not gonna wrestle at all. | 她们居然不打一架 |
[09:45] | This school sucks. | 这学校差劲死了 |
[09:46] | Totally. | 绝对的 |
[09:47] | Let’s go smash some pumpkins. | 咱们去砸南瓜 |
[09:50] | It was Halloween night, and I was gonna be | 万圣节当晚 我要做 |
[09:52] | the scariest kid on the block. | 街上最吓人的小孩 |
[09:54] | Little did I know, something scarier was right behind me. | 我有种预感 更可怕的在我的背后 |
[09:57] | Going somewhere, love bug? | 要出去吗 小可爱 |
[09:58] | I thought I’d go trick-or-treating — | 我想去玩不给糖就捣蛋 |
[09:59] | you know, for old times’ sake. | 怀旧一下 |
[10:01] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:02] | But first, you have some rewriting to do. | 但首先 你得重写 |
[10:05] | See, I showed your story to my book club. | 我把你的小说给书友会看了 |
[10:07] | They had some concerns. | 她们有点担心 |
[10:09] | – Not me, of course — them. – Like what? | -当然不是我 是她们 -担心什么 |
[10:11] | The main character, the Veeberly, | 主角 威弗莉 |
[10:13] | they think she should be more lovable. | 她们觉得她应该更招人喜欢才对 |
[10:15] | – What?! – And kind. And snuggly. | -什么 -和气 暖人心 |
[10:18] | Snuggly? For a horror story? | 暖人心 恐怖小说 |
[10:20] | That makes no sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[10:21] | I don’t know — I’m not a writer, | 我不知道 我不是作家 |
[10:23] | but do that exactly. | 但照我说的做 |
[10:25] | Type-y, type-y. | 快写 |
[10:26] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[10:27] | You figured out the story was loosely based on you. | 你知道这故事稍微借鉴了你作为原型 |
[10:29] | “Loosely”? | 稍微借鉴 |
[10:30] | On page 2, you accidentally wrote | 第2页 你不小心 |
[10:32] | “Beverly” Instead of “Veeberly.” | 将威弗莉写成了贝弗莉 |
[10:34] | It’s just a story. It’s no big deal. | 只是一篇小说 没什么的 |
[10:36] | Well, I’m glad you feel that way, | 我很高兴你这样想 |
[10:37] | ’cause you’re gonna change it all | 因为你要全改 |
[10:39] | and make me a great mama. | 把我写成一个好妈妈 |
[10:40] | My friends think my own son sees me as a monster. | 我的朋友们觉得我的亲生儿子认为我是怪兽 |
[10:44] | Do you know how much that hurts me? | 你知道我有多受伤吗 |
[10:46] | You realize what you’re doing to me, right? | 你知道你这是在对我做什么吧 |
[10:48] | – You’re “Misery-ing” Me. – That’s not a word. | -你这是危情十日我 -根本没这个词 |
[10:50] | You’re trapping me in my room | 你把我关在屋里 |
[10:51] | and forcing me to make changes to my story, | 强迫我改我的小说 |
[10:53] | just like the crazy lady in Stephen King’s book. | 就像史蒂芬·金小说里那个疯女人一样 |
[10:56] | Squishy, you can leave whenever you want — | 宝贝 你想什么时候离开都可以 |
[10:58] | once you fix the story. | 把小说改完了就行 |
[11:00] | Now, stop with the cockadoodie attitude | 现在收起你那疯逼态度 |
[11:03] | and get to work! | 开始工作 |
[11:06] | As I was being forced to keep working, | 我被迫继续工作时 |
[11:08] | Erica had completely given up. | 爱丽卡彻底放弃了 |
[11:11] | Hey, sport. How you feeling? | 妞儿 感觉如何 |
[11:12] | Awful. Never felt so much like a Barry in my entire life. | 可怕 这辈子没觉得这么”巴瑞”过 |
[11:16] | You do know he’s my boyfriend and I love him, right? | 你知道他是我男友 我爱他 对吧 |
[11:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:19] | Well, I’ve got some news that’ll cheer you up. | 我有让你高兴起来的消息 |
[11:21] | My cousin Nate has agreed to take you to the dance. | 我表哥内特答应陪你去舞会 |
[11:23] | Hot Nate? Really? | 性感内特 真的吗 |
[11:24] | Hey, Eri– | 爱… |
[11:25] | No. | 不 |
[11:26] | It’s Nate. Hi — Hi, Nate. | 是内特 你好 内特 |
[11:28] | Lainey, can I see you in the hall for sec? | 兰妮 来一下走廊 |
[11:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:33] | – You’re going! – No. That’s not happening. | -你要去 -不可能 |
[11:34] | – You’re gonna — – No. No. Good luck. | -你要去 -不 祝好运 |
[11:37] | Um, Nate just realized that he had | 内特刚想到他有一个 |
[11:39] | a Halloween night dental appointment… | 万圣节晚的牙医预约 |
[11:41] | that he can’t reschedule. | 他不能改时间 |
[11:43] | There is no Halloween night dental appointment, is there? | 根本没有万圣节晚的牙医预约 |
[11:44] | No. He kind of saw you and left. | 没 他看到你就走了 |
[11:46] | – Say I’m the Barry. – You’re the Barry. | -说我是巴瑞 -你是巴瑞 |
[11:47] | Oh, heard my name! | 听到我的名字了 |
[11:49] | It better be in reference to someone | 最好是指某人 |
[11:50] | with exceptional talent, who can rap and break-dance. | 有着特别的天赋 会说唱会跳霹雳舞 |
[11:53] | Okay, that’s enough. Erica, get up. | 够了 爱丽卡 起来 |
[11:54] | No one is gonna be the Barry tonight. | 今晚没人是巴瑞 |
[11:56] | You’re doing a couple’s costume with your sister — | 你和你姐穿情侣装扮服 |
[11:58] | – end of story. – No way! | -没得商量 -别想 |
[12:00] | We already agreed to go as Harry and the Hendersons. | 我们已经同意扮《哈里和哈德森一家》 |
[12:01] | We’re supposed to be “When Harry Met Sally…” | 应该是《当哈利遇到莎莉》 |
[12:03] | Yeah. You’re Sally Henderson. | 对 你是莎莉·哈德森 |
[12:05] | I can’t do a couple’s costume with my stupid brother. | 我不能和我的傻弟弟穿情侣装扮服 |
[12:08] | What if people find out? | 要是被人发现了呢 |
[12:09] | He’ll be completely hidden inside the costume. | 他完全被装扮服遮住了 |
[12:11] | No one will know. | 没人知道的 |
[12:12] | You said this costume was awesome. | 你说这件装扮服非常棒的 |
[12:14] | I’m a stupid flower. Get it off me! | 我是朵愚蠢的花 让我脱下 |
[12:16] | Calm down. Remember why you’re doing this. | 冷静 记住你为什么这样做 |
[12:18] | Ugh! Because you’re making me! | 因为你逼我 |
[12:20] | No, ’cause you love your sister. | 不 因为你爱你的姐姐 |
[12:21] | Wait — That’s why? Then no! | 等等 这是原因吗 我不干了 |
[12:23] | – I’m no one’s puppet! – You kind of are. | -我不是任何人的木偶 -你是的 |
[12:26] | Lainey, this is the worst idea you’ve had | 兰妮 这是你答应约会巴瑞后 |
[12:27] | since you said yes to dating Barry. | 想到的最糟糕的主意 |
[12:29] | – I will fight you! – Well, come on! | -我要揍你 -来啊 |
[12:31] | You just messed with the wrong | 你刚惹了最不该惹的… |
[12:33] | Both of you, shut up! This is happening! | 你们两个闭嘴 就这样了 |
[12:35] | No way! | 不可能 |
[12:36] | I’m supposed to be mocking her pain, | 我应该嘲笑她的痛苦 |
[12:37] | like she did with me. | 就像她以前对我那样 |
[12:38] | Maybe I’ll just do a little victory dance. | 也许我可以来段胜利之舞 |
[12:40] | And it goes a little something like this! | 是这样的 |
[12:42] | Ooh! Take it! Take it! | 笑死你 笑死你 |
[12:44] | Sweetie, the costume’s only making your dance adorable. | 亲爱的 装扮服令你的舞蹈好可爱 |
[12:48] | Damn it. Everything I do in this costume fights my agenda. | 见鬼 穿这身装扮服做的一切 结果都不是我的初衷 |
[12:50] | Okay, we’re pulling the plug. Someone get me my Cool Whip. | 不干了 谁把我的奶油给我 |
[12:53] | Stop it! Both of you need | 停下 你们两个 |
[12:55] | to suck it up and be there for each other. | 都给我忍忍 互相支持一下 |
[12:56] | Fine! I’ll do it! | 好啦 我去就是了 |
[12:57] | But only ’cause I love you, baby. | 只是因为我爱你 宝贝 |
[13:00] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[13:01] | Come here. Give me some sugar. | 过来给我亲亲 |
[13:03] | Get away from me! | 给我滚 |
[13:05] | Trick or treat. | 不给糖就捣蛋 |
[13:07] | Look at you guys — I turned on the sprinklers, | 瞧你们 我打开了洒水器 |
[13:09] | and you still made it through. | 你们还是过来了 |
[13:11] | Yeah. Happy Halloween. | 万圣节快乐 |
[13:14] | Psst. Where’s Ma? | 妈妈呢 |
[13:15] | She’s taking Pops home. | 她送老爷子回家 |
[13:16] | Perfect. I can hit a few houses. | 太好了 我可以去几家 |
[13:18] | Whatever you do, do not tell Mom that — | 无论你做什么 不要告诉妈… |
[13:21] | Oh, wow. You’re just walking away, don’t care at all. | 你就这样走了 完全不在乎 |
[13:24] | My captor was gone for the evening. | 困住我的人走了 |
[13:26] | Or so I thought. | 我以为是 |
[13:27] | Balls! Balls! | 死了 死了 |
[13:31] | Ohh! Stupid clown shoes! | 破小丑鞋子 |
[13:33] | Just like “Misery,” She’d come home early. | 就像《危情十日》里一样 她提前回来了 |
[13:35] | Come on, come on, come on! | 加油加油 |
[13:37] | Every moment counted! | 每一秒都很重要 |
[13:38] | I hadn’t just written a Stephen King Story — | 我不仅只是写了史蒂芬·金式的小说 |
[13:40] | I was living it! | 我根本就是活在其中 |
[13:49] | Hey, pumpkin. | 小南瓜 |
[13:51] | How’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[13:52] | Just…writing and making the world come alive. | 只是写作 让世界又恢复生气 |
[13:54] | I know you’ve been out, mister man. | 我知道你出去过 先生 |
[13:56] | No, I-I was right here the whole time. | 不 我一直在这里 |
[13:58] | My photo cube was moved, darling. | 我的照片块移动了 亲爱的 |
[14:00] | I always proudly display it with your picture facing out. | 我总是骄傲地把你的照片朝外放着 |
[14:04] | Because you’re my little baby star. | 因为你是我的小明星 |
[14:07] | But all I saw was this. | 但我只看到这个 |
[14:09] | Photo cube. | 照片块 |
[14:10] | This conversation is over. | 谈话结束 |
[14:11] | Time to get to work. | 是时候做事了 |
[14:13] | Oh, God. Don’t break my ankles. | 老天 别打断我的脚踝[小说中的情节] |
[14:15] | Ankles? | 脚踝 |
[14:16] | I’m making you a pumpkin pie. | 我要给你做南瓜派 |
[14:18] | I got to smash up the insides. | 得把里面敲碎 |
[14:21] | That’s very thoughtful. | 想得太周到了 |
[14:22] | And you can have some once you fix the story. | 你改完小说后就可以吃了 |
[14:26] | Boop! As I remained captive, | 我继续被关押时 |
[14:28] | Erica was trying to capture Geoff’s heart. | 爱丽卡想捕获杰夫的心 |
[14:30] | Dude, sick costumes. Those put ours to shame. | 好棒的装扮服 让我们的看起来好寒酸 |
[14:32] | Oh, it’s not a competition. | 这不是比赛 |
[14:34] | It really isn’t. | 真的不是 |
[14:35] | But if it was, I’d win. | 但如果是的 我赢了 |
[14:37] | Kind of feels like I’ve won. | 感觉我已经赢了 |
[14:38] | Have you? | 是吗 |
[14:39] | Who’s in the plant? | 植物里是谁 |
[14:40] | Oh, it’s Nate, Lainey’s hot cousin. | 内特 兰妮的性感表哥 |
[14:42] | He doesn’t speak. | 他不说话 |
[14:43] | Are we at the dance yet?! | 我们到了舞会上吗 |
[14:44] | He doesn’t speak. | 他不说话 |
[14:45] | Hey, cuz, why don’t you shut up | 表哥 你不如闭嘴 |
[14:46] | and come over to the punch bowl? | 去喝潘趣酒吧 |
[14:48] | Lunch? Great! I’m hungry! | 午餐 太好了 我饿了 |
[14:49] | See you on the dance floor? | 舞池见 |
[14:51] | For sure. | 好的 |
[14:51] | So fun. | 太好玩了 |
[14:54] | Erica’s plan was going perfectly. | 爱丽卡的计划进展非常顺利 |
[14:56] | – Which way am I going?! – No, no, B-Barry. | -我要去哪边 -不 巴瑞 |
[14:58] | – Barry, no — – This plant is hard to steer! | -巴瑞 不 -这植物太难控制了 |
[14:59] | Barry, no! | 巴瑞 不 |
[15:01] | Did I fall? I think I just fell. | 我摔倒了吗 我想我摔倒了 |
[15:06] | Erica’s date is her brother! | 爱丽卡的对象是她弟弟 |
[15:10] | I… | 我 |
[15:13] | That is rough. | 太难接受了 |
[15:18] | It was Halloween night, | 万圣节当晚 |
[15:19] | and I had finished rewriting my story. | 我完成了重写小说 |
[15:21] | How’s Adam’s masterpiece? | 亚当的杰作怎么样 |
[15:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[15:25] | You’re sighing deeply because you love it! | 你深叹一口气 因为你喜欢 |
[15:27] | Well, the story sure is different now. | 现在小说是不同了 |
[15:29] | In a good way, right? | 变好了对吗 |
[15:31] | The Veeberly isn’t a mom-ster at all now. | 威伯莉不是妈兽了 |
[15:33] | Yes, she’s made of pure love, | 对 她由纯爱组成 |
[15:35] | and her sole mission in life is not to fail as a mother. | 她人生的唯一任务就是不要做个失败的母亲 |
[15:38] | That’s why her children let her move in with them! | 所以她的孩子们让她搬去一起住 |
[15:41] | Beverly, this is wrong on so many levels. | 贝弗莉 这真是错得够彻底的 |
[15:44] | Did you even see the new cover Adam made? | 你看到亚当新画的封面了吗 |
[15:46] | “Schmoopie Loves Mommy” — that’s a very off-putting title. | 乖宝宝爱妈咪 这题目真令人不痛快 |
[15:50] | Mmmm… not seeing a problem here. | 我没觉得有问题 |
[15:53] | In Adam’s first story, | 亚当原来的小说中 |
[15:55] | Veeberly was a complex, three-dimensional character. | 威伯莉是复杂的立体角色 |
[15:58] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[15:59] | You inspired Adam — you. | 你启发了亚当 是你 |
[16:02] | It’s the whole reason his writing worked. | 这正是他写得好的原因 |
[16:05] | You mean… I’m his muse? | 你是说 我是他的灵感女神吗 |
[16:07] | – Oh. No. – I’m his muse! | -不 -我是他的灵感女神 |
[16:09] | Actually, Stephen King is his — | 事实上 史蒂芬·金是他的… |
[16:12] | My baby loves me and honors me with his words. | 我的宝贝爱我 他用他的作品向我致敬 |
[16:15] | Not at all. | 完全不是 |
[16:16] | I have to make this right. | 我得改正错误 |
[16:17] | No, Veeberly — | 不 威弗莉 |
[16:18] | I-I mean Beverly. | 我是说贝弗莉 |
[16:19] | Ah, damn it. | 见鬼 |
[16:23] | Erica? | 爱丽卡 |
[16:24] | Go away. | 走开 |
[16:25] | It’s really not as bad as you think. | 没你想得那么糟糕 |
[16:27] | Please — Just leave me alone. | 拜托 让我静静 |
[16:31] | Man, she really is the Barry. | 老天 她真是巴瑞 |
[16:33] | – No offense. – No, she’s the me. | -别介意 -不 她是我 |
[16:35] | I’ve never seen her like this. I can always cheer her up. | 我没见过她这样 我总是可以让她开心起来 |
[16:38] | Well, maybe there’s someone else who can. | 也许其他人可以 |
[16:42] | Barry said you could use a friend. | 巴瑞说你现在需要朋友 |
[16:45] | And Seymour always knows how to cheer up his Audrey, right? | 西摩永远知道如何让他的奥黛丽开心起来 对吗 |
[16:47] | Not this time. | 这次不行 |
[16:49] | Come on. I’ve known you since, like, kindergarten. | 拜托 我在幼儿园就认识你了 |
[16:50] | There’s always one thing that can cheer you up, | 不管怎样 有样东西总是可以 |
[16:52] | no matter what. | 让你开心起来 |
[16:58] | I’m not singing, Geoff. | 我不会唱歌的 杰克 |
[16:59] | That’s okay. I’ll start. | 没事 我先来 |
[17:02] | What? You think I won’t? | 怎么 你觉得我不会唱吗 |
[17:04] | I will. I’m not afraid. | 我会唱的 我不害怕 |
[17:07] | Lift up your head | 抬起你的头 |
[17:09] | Wash off your mascara | 洗掉你的睫毛膏 |
[17:11] | You’re really doing this, huh? | 你真唱吗 |
[17:12] | Here, take my Kleenex | 来 拿着我的纸巾 |
[17:14] | Wipe that lipstick away | 擦掉口红 |
[17:15] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[17:16] | Show me your face | 让我看你的脸 |
[17:19] | Clean as the morning | 干净如晨曦 |
[17:21] | I know things were bad | 我知道事情不顺 |
[17:23] | But now they’re okay | 但现在好起来了 |
[17:26] | Come on. I know you want to sing. I can see it. | 我知道你想唱 我看出来了 |
[17:28] | Suddenly Seymour | 西摩突然间 |
[17:33] | Is standing beside you | 站在你的身边 |
[17:36] | Don’t leave me hanging. | 别让我一个人唱 |
[17:38] | Don’t need no makeup | 不需要化妆 |
[17:41] | You? Never. | 你永远不需要 |
[17:43] | Don’t have to pretend | 不必假装 |
[17:46] | All together now. | 一起唱 |
[17:48] | Suddenly Seymour | 西摩突然间 |
[17:53] | Is here to provide you | 在这里支持你 |
[17:58] | With sweet understanding | 用他体贴的理解力 |
[18:04] | Seymour’s your friend | 西摩是你的朋友 |
[18:11] | Thanks for being such a good friend. | 谢谢你这位好朋友 |
[18:13] | Always. | 随时 |
[18:23] | You feeling better? | 你觉得好些了吗 |
[18:25] | Kinda. | 好点了 |
[18:27] | Geoff said you sent him in to cheer me up. | 杰夫说你让他去安慰我 |
[18:30] | You know… I tortured you for years, | 我折磨了你很多年 |
[18:34] | and you really had every right to throw it back in my face. | 你完全有理由报复我 |
[18:36] | I just didn’t like seeing you be the Barry. | 我不喜欢看到你是巴瑞 |
[18:39] | You got in a plant for me. | 你为我扮植物 |
[18:42] | You… | 你 |
[18:43] | were there for me. | 支持我 |
[18:46] | If that’s being a Barry, then I’m okay with that. | 如果做巴瑞是这样的话 我没意见 |
[18:50] | Know what a Barry would do right now? | 知道巴瑞现在会做什么吗 |
[18:53] | Get back on that dance floor and have an awesome night. | 回到舞池开心过一晚 |
[19:00] | You don’t have to move the computer back down here. | 你不必把电脑搬回这里 |
[19:02] | You can keep it in your room if you want. | 你想的话 可以放在房间里 |
[19:03] | Not so sure writing’s for me. | 我不太确定自己适合写作 |
[19:05] | Well, I am. | 我确定 |
[19:08] | You got Stephen King’s actual address? | 你有史蒂芬·金的地址吗 |
[19:11] | I know a few yentas in Maine. | 我认识缅因州的几个八卦女人 |
[19:13] | Eh, I’m not so sure | 我不确定 |
[19:15] | Stevie King’s gonna love “Schmoopie Loves Mommy.” | 史蒂芬·金会喜欢《乖宝宝爱妈咪》 |
[19:17] | Oh, God, no! I’m sending him the Veeberly. | 当然不是 我寄的是威伯莉 |
[19:20] | But I thought you hate it. | 你不是很讨厌吗 |
[19:21] | Oh, I do. | 是的 |
[19:22] | So much. | 太讨厌了 |
[19:24] | But…you keep writing about me, | 但你继续写我 |
[19:26] | about this family. | 写这个家 |
[19:27] | It may not all be true, but… | 也许不全是真的 但是 |
[19:30] | it’s pretty darn good. | 写得很好 |
[19:35] | Thanks, Mama. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[19:36] | Sometimes we put on disguises, | 有时候我们会伪装自己 |
[19:39] | but, fortunately, the people who love us | 但好在 爱我们的人 |
[19:41] | always know what’s going on on the inside | 永远知道真正的我们是怎样的 |
[19:43] | and are always willing to help us get back out there. | 永远愿意帮我们卸掉伪装 重新振作 |
[19:46] | Turns out the best stories | 原来最棒的小说 |
[19:47] | are the ones that come from a real place — | 来源于现实 |
[19:49] | the ones that come from home. | 来源于家 |
[19:56] | My name is Stephen King. | 我叫史蒂芬·金 |
[19:57] | My best book was Stephen King’s “Skeleton Crew.” | 我最棒的小说是史蒂芬·金的《史蒂芬·金的故事贩卖机》 |
[20:02] | “It’s great,” Says one auth– says one writer. | “非常棒” 作者说的 作家说的 |
[20:05] | It’s great! | 非常棒 |
[20:08] | My name’s Stephen King. | 我叫史蒂芬·金 |
[20:10] | Most people know me for my suspenseful, chilling — | 大多人知道我是因为我的悬疑的让人恐惧的… |
[20:18] | Beverly! Where’s my Sports Illustrated?! | 贝弗莉 我的《体育画报》呢 |
[20:22] | Don’t make me read a shampoo bottle! | 别逼我看洗发水上的文字 |
[20:26] | “Cujo.” | 《狂犬惊魂》 |
[20:29] | “Big friendly dog chases a rabbit | 友善的大狗追一只野兔 |
[20:30] | into an underground cave… | 追到了地下洞穴 |
[20:32] | …A sleeping evil crueler than death itself.” | 沉睡的魔鬼比死神更残忍 |
[20:36] | Oh, this ought to hold me for about 9 to 16 minutes. | 这个应该可以看上9到16分钟 |
[20:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |