时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | In high school in the ’80s, | 八十年代的高中 |
[00:01] | you had to get creative when it came to finding your place at school, | 在学校寻找自己的位置时 你得有创意 |
[00:04] | and I knew exactly where I wanted to belong. | 我完全清楚自己属于哪里 |
[00:11] | You are the greatest Tin Boy the world has ever seen! | 你是这世界见过的最棒的铁皮男孩 |
[00:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. Tin Man. | 对不起 铁皮人 |
[00:17] | My delicious, little Tin Man! | 我美味的小铁皮人 |
[00:18] | You don’t think auditioning in full costume is too much? | 你不觉得穿着戏服试镜太夸张吗 |
[00:21] | You’re too much! | 你太了不起了 |
[00:23] | Unfortunately, not everyone shared my mom’s enthusiasm. | 遗憾地是 不是所有人和我妈一样热情 |
[00:27] | Hey, bro! | 兄弟 |
[00:29] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[00:33] | Why!? | 为什么 |
[00:34] | I have a well-established rep at school | 我在学校已经确立了我的声誉 |
[00:36] | as basically the coolest human of all time. | 我是有史以来最酷的人类 |
[00:38] | And you’ll embarrass me and yourself if you do the musical. | 如果你参演音乐剧 你会害我和你自己出丑 |
[00:41] | Sure, I’m no Ben Vereen, | 当然 我不是本·沃伦 |
[00:42] | but I’m really growing as a performer. | 但我真的已经成长为表演者了 |
[00:44] | I don’t care if you act better than Jean-Claude Van Damme! | 我不管你的演技是否比尚格·云顿更出色 |
[00:47] | You’re in high school now. | 你现在是高中生了 |
[00:49] | The last thing you want is to be branded | 你最不希望的就是被贴上 |
[00:51] | a lame-ass theater geek. | 差劲戏剧呆子的标签 |
[00:52] | You’re saying my popularity hinges solely | 你是说我唯一变得受欢迎的办法 |
[00:54] | on me not doing the musical? | 就是不参加音乐剧吗 |
[00:56] | This is high school, bro. | 这是高中 兄弟 |
[00:57] | Theater is the lowest of the low, | 戏剧是差劲中的差劲 |
[01:00] | and nothing’s gonna change that. | 没什么可以改变这点 |
[01:02] | Well, nothing except the biggest musical sensation of the ’80s. | 除了八十年代最轰动的音乐剧 |
[01:05] | One word — “Phantom.” | 一个词 魅影 |
[01:07] | – No way! – Sweet! | -不可能 -太棒了 |
[01:08] | Before “Hamilton,” | 在《汉密尔顿》出现之前 |
[01:10] | “Phantom” was king of all musicals. | 《歌剧魅影》是音乐剧之王 |
[01:11] | Even non-theater geeks loved it. | 就连非戏剧呆子也喜欢 |
[01:12] | That show made me cry, and I don’t care who knows it. | 那部戏让我哭了 我不在乎别人知道 |
[01:15] | After an exhilarating weekend in New York City — | 在纽约过了激动人心的一周后 |
[01:19] | I stayed in a hostel — | 我住在招待所 |
[01:21] | I have decided to change the musical | 我决定将音乐剧 |
[01:23] | from that that sappy schlock fest that is “The Wizard of Oz” | 从那部愚蠢的次品《绿野仙踪》 |
[01:26] | and tackle the greatest musical sensation of our generation. | 改为我们这代人最伟大的音乐剧巨作 |
[01:29] | But don’t we, like, need permission | 但我们不是需要作者的同意 |
[01:31] | from Andrew Lloyd Webber to do his show? | 才能演出他的戏剧吗 |
[01:33] | We do, and he’s granted it to us. | 是的 他批准了 |
[01:35] | – What?! – In spirit. | -什么 -精神上批准 |
[01:36] | Look, do you want to be a giant wussbag for the rest of your life or be a star? | 你这辈子是想做窝囊废还是大明星 |
[01:39] | Well, you are the adult, so… | 你是成年人 所以 |
[01:41] | We’re doing the greatest musical ever written! | 我们要演出有史以来最伟大的音乐剧了 |
[01:42] | Wait. Won’t your brother kick your ass if you do the play? | 等等 你要是参演不是会被你哥揍吗 |
[01:45] | I’ll just play it cool around Barry. | 我在巴瑞身边会表现得很冷静 |
[01:46] | He won’t even notice. | 他不会注意到的 |
[01:48] | Well, I’m off to school. Have a nice day. | 我去学校了 祝你今天愉快 |
[01:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:06] | It was November 30, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的11月30日 |
[02:08] | and Erica was planning her winter-semester schedule. | 爱丽卡在做冬季班的计划 |
[02:11] | Okay, Pops. | 老爷子 |
[02:12] | I just finished the ultimate slacker schedule. | 我刚完成了终极偷懒计划 |
[02:14] | Now that my college applications are in, | 现在大学申请已经结束了 |
[02:16] | I can finally, completely give in to my senioritis. | 我终于可以完全向毕业厌学症投降了 |
[02:19] | A lot of my friends have that. | 我很多朋友都有这个病 |
[02:20] | I-It’s not as joyful with them. | 和他们在一起不好玩 |
[02:22] | First period, I kick things off with study hall, | 第一节课 自修室 |
[02:24] | ease into my day. | 轻松开始新的一天 |
[02:25] | And then it’s on to second period — | 然后第二节课 |
[02:27] | another study hall for naps — | 自修室小睡 |
[02:28] | and then typing class | 然后是打字课 |
[02:29] | and then an easy “A” in home ec, | 然后家政课轻松得个A |
[02:31] | and then ceramics, and then intro to summer. | 再就是陶艺课 然后是夏季开场课 |
[02:33] | That’s a class? | 有这个课吗 |
[02:34] | It’s an independent study I created. | 这是我创造的独立学习课 |
[02:36] | You know, there’s a science to getting a good base tan. | 基本晒黑是门科学 |
[02:38] | Well, you outdid yourself. | 你超越了自己 |
[02:40] | This schedule really does spit in the face | 这张计划表真是把我们所知的 |
[02:42] | of education as we know it. | 教育制度的脸打得啪啪响 |
[02:44] | Got to admit, all this prepping and planning — | 我得承认 这些准备与计划 |
[02:47] | very mature of you. | 显得你非常成熟 |
[02:48] | You approve of all this? | 你赞同这个吗 |
[02:50] | She’s gonna be going to college soon. | 她很快就上大学了 |
[02:52] | My job here is done. | 我的工作完成了 |
[02:54] | Your job? As a parent? | 你的工作 作为父亲的工作吗 |
[02:56] | Yep. Gonna be phoning it in from now on. | 对 从现在开始只是做做样子了 |
[02:58] | And this has been you not phoning it in. | 之前你不是做做样子吗 |
[03:00] | I’ve been working my ass off. | 我已经很努力了 |
[03:02] | Hey, Boopie. What’s with the board? | 宝贝 板上写的是什么 |
[03:04] | It’s a year of maxing and relaxing | 全部是混A的课程 |
[03:06] | with nonstop blow-off classes. | 尽情放松一整年 |
[03:08] | Well, at least you’re taking one real class. | 至少你上了一门真正的课 |
[03:10] | – Which is…? – Home ec. | -哪一门 -家政 |
[03:11] | Running a house is the hardest job in the world. | 打理一个家是全世界最难的工作 |
[03:13] | You know, some people put a man on the moon, | 有人把人送上月球 |
[03:15] | and others put parm on a chicken. | 其他人在鸡肉上放芝士 |
[03:17] | Uh, you sound insane right now. | 你现在在说疯话 |
[03:19] | Home economics | 家政学 |
[03:20] | is the cornerstone of civilization. | 是文明的基石 |
[03:22] | Or it’s a class football players take to make drop cookies. | 或是一班橄榄球队员做美式曲奇 |
[03:25] | That’s what they’re teaching you? | 他们就教你这个吗 |
[03:27] | How to drop a hunk of batter on a sheet? | 怎样在纸上滴上一大坨面糊 |
[03:29] | When did you get so anti-drop cookie? | 你什么时候这么讨厌美式曲奇了 |
[03:31] | They’re not gonna teach you how to darn a sock, | 他们不教补袜子吗 |
[03:33] | pepper a ham or bleach an undie? | 用胡椒腌火腿 漂白内裤 |
[03:36] | I’m in the mood for drop cookies. | 我想吃美式曲奇 |
[03:38] | It’s important for you to have the knowledge | 你掌握这些知识很重要 |
[03:39] | that your grandmother had | 你外婆懂 |
[03:41] | and her grandmother had before her. | 她的外婆也懂 |
[03:43] | Yeah, well, I’ll hire a maid who has that knowledge. | 我会雇一个懂这些知识的钟点工 |
[03:45] | Until then, I have some maxing and relaxing to do. | 在那之前 我要好好放松一下 |
[03:50] | Will you make me some drop cookies? | 你帮我做点美式曲奇好吗 |
[03:51] | Unfortunately for Erica, the maxing was short-lived. | 对爱丽卡来说很不幸 放松只是暂时的 |
[03:54] | Oh, sweet mother of mercy. | 我的个亲娘 |
[03:57] | – Welcome to home economics. – What are you — | -欢迎来到家政课 -你在做… |
[03:59] | I’ll be your your sub for the day…and week. | 我是今天的代课老师 也可能是一周 |
[04:01] | – How are y– – Possibly month. | -你怎么会… -可能一个月 |
[04:02] | Only time will tell. | 到时候就知道了 |
[04:03] | What did you do to to Ms. Horokawa? | 你对堀川小姐做了什么 |
[04:05] | Oh, you mean Mrs. Silverstein? | 你是说西尔弗斯坦太太吧 |
[04:06] | I introduced her to the man of her dreams. | 我把她的理想情郎介绍给了她 |
[04:08] | They eloped. | 他们私奔结婚了 |
[04:10] | Now they’re in Belize on the trip of a lifetime. | 现在在伯利兹城享受着一生一次的旅行 |
[04:11] | You monster. | 你这个怪物 |
[04:13] | Buckle up, angel. | 系好安全带 天使 |
[04:14] | You’re about to embark on a journey through the domestic arts. | 你马上要踏上民间艺术的旅程了 |
[04:17] | – Mrs. Goldberg? – Chef Goldberg. | -金伯格太太 -是金伯格大厨 |
[04:19] | All due respect, Chef, but the team and I | 无意冒犯 大厨 但我和队友们 |
[04:21] | kind of took this class for an easy “A.” | 是为了轻松混A才上这门课的 |
[04:23] | Well, the only easy thing about this class | 这门课唯一轻松的 |
[04:26] | is the eggs over. | 是煎鸡蛋 |
[04:30] | All right, the fact that none of you are cracking up right now | 你们现在没人大笑 |
[04:33] | just shows your ignorance. | 就证明了你们的无知 |
[04:34] | First assignment — lasagna. | 第一项任务 千层面 |
[04:36] | This will be the greatest challenge of your young lives. | 这将是你们年轻的生命中遭遇的最伟大挑战 |
[04:40] | But my mom makes lasagna all the time. | 但我妈总是做千层面 |
[04:42] | Is it really that hard? | 真有那么难吗 |
[04:43] | Uh, I don’t know, Ruben Amaro Jr. | 我不知道 费城人队小经理 |
[04:46] | Does four layers of hand-rolled noodles, | 四层手擀面 |
[04:48] | freshly stewed tomatoes, and six imported cheeses | 新鲜炖番茄 六种进口芝士 |
[04:51] | sound hard to you? | 对你来说难吗 |
[04:52] | But I only know two different types of cheese — | 我只知道两种芝士 |
[04:53] | string and whiz. | 芝士棒和芝士酱 |
[04:54] | Goat, Gruyère, gouda. | 山羊芝士 格律耶尔 高德 |
[04:58] | Those are just the G’s. You want me to go on? | 这只是G开头的 要我继续吗 |
[05:00] | Mom, you can’t do this. | 妈 你不能这样 |
[05:01] | Oh, I just did. You’re in my house now. | 我就这样 你现在在我家里 |
[05:05] | In addition to our regular house, | 除开我们平常的家 |
[05:07] | which is also my house. | 那也是我的家 |
[05:08] | As Erica’s plans for senior year were crumbling, | 爱丽卡的毕业班计划彻底崩盘 |
[05:12] | my year was shaping up to be epic. | 我的学年却开始向经典发展 |
[05:14] | Dude. Ms. Cinoman just posted the cast list. | 哥们 辛诺曼老师刚公布了选角名单 |
[05:16] | I’m The Phantom! The lead. Was there any doubt? | 我是魅影 主角 有质疑吗 |
[05:19] | No one likes a diva, Dave Kim. | 没人喜欢耍大牌的 金戴夫 |
[05:20] | Oh, did you see what I got? | 你看到我得到什么吗 |
[05:22] | A lifetime of pain. | 终生的痛苦 |
[05:23] | Give it up now or be a loser forever. | 现在放弃 否则永远做废柴 |
[05:25] | Oh my God! I got Christine! | 我的天 我演克莉丝汀 |
[05:27] | Whoa, whoa. Hold up! | 等等 |
[05:28] | Since when do you do the school musical? | 你什么时候开始演学校音乐剧的 |
[05:30] | Since it became “Phantom of the Opera.” | 从变成上演《歌剧魅影》开始 |
[05:32] | But I thought we shared the same beliefs and core values, | 但我以为我们有着同样的信仰和核心价值观 |
[05:34] | mainly that theater was super lame. | 主要就是戏剧超级逊 |
[05:36] | It is, except “Phantom” being the one exception | 是的 除了《歌剧魅影》是唯一例外 |
[05:38] | because it’s romantic and full of candelabras. | 因为它很浪漫 到处是大烛台 |
[05:41] | And guess what? You’re Raoul. | 你猜怎样 你是拉乌尔 |
[05:42] | Wait… are you sure it’s not the other Adam Goldberg? | 慢着 你确定不是另一个亚当·金伯格吗 |
[05:44] | He’s an actor, too. | 他也是演员 |
[05:46] | There’s an “F.” It’s Adam F! | 中间有个F 是亚当F |
[05:47] | My first big part! | 我第一个重要角色 |
[05:48] | Suck it, other Adam Goldberg! | 认输吧 另一个亚当·金伯格 |
[05:50] | Don’t tell him I said that. I fear him. | 别告诉他我这样说 我怕他 |
[05:52] | But yes! | 太棒了 |
[05:53] | Yeah, we’re like the power couple of the show. | 我们是戏中的超级情侣 |
[05:54] | – What? – It’s acting. Don’t make this weird. | -什么 -演戏而已 别搞的这么奇怪 |
[05:56] | Yay, “Phantom!” | 好棒 魅影 |
[05:59] | She was supposed to come over and watch me provoke those hornets! | 她应该来看我激怒那些大黄蜂 |
[06:02] | – Can you believe this? – Kind of. | -你们能相信吗 -相信 |
[06:03] | It’s Andrew Lloyd Webber’s opus. | 这是安德鲁·洛伊德·韦伯的作品 |
[06:05] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[06:06] | Haven’t you heard the original West End cast recording? | 你没听过原版伦敦西区演员的唱片吗 |
[06:08] | – Dude. – Dude. | -哥们 -哥们 |
[06:09] | The Phantom loved Christine so much, he let her go. | 魅影太爱克莉丝汀 最终放她走了 |
[06:11] | You know, if I were you, | 如果我是你 |
[06:13] | I’d be worried about a showmance. | 我会担心荧幕恋情 |
[06:14] | – Oh, for sure. – No doubt. | -肯定的 -毫无怀疑 |
[06:15] | What’s a showmance? | 什么是荧幕恋情 |
[06:16] | It’s when people play lovers onstage, | 人们在舞台上扮演情侣 |
[06:18] | and it leads to chemistry offstage, too. | 导致下了舞台也有爱情火花 |
[06:20] | How do you guys know so much about theater? | 你们怎么对戏剧这么懂 |
[06:22] | We saw the musical “Hair.” | 我们看了音乐剧《毛发》 |
[06:23] | We went for the nudity, | 本来是冲着裸戏去的 |
[06:24] | but stayed for the rich musical tapestry. | 却被丰富多彩的音乐剧吸引了 |
[06:26] | You guys are nuts! | 你们疯了 |
[06:27] | My super foxy girlfriend and theater dork brother? | 我超级性感的女友和戏剧呆子小弟 |
[06:30] | Yeah, not sweating it. | 我不担心[流汗] |
[06:31] | Strange ’cause your t-shirt is quite wet. | 奇怪 因为你的T恤很湿了 |
[06:32] | Yeah you’re literally sweating it. | 你真的在流汗 |
[06:34] | You are! | 你才是 |
[06:35] | Anyhow, I’m gonna go change my shirt | 总之 我先去换衣服 |
[06:36] | and pop by rehearsal for the fun of it. | 然后为了好玩 去看下彩排 |
[06:40] | – He’s so sweaty. – Yeah, it’s like a gland issue. | -他好多汗 -好像汗腺有问题 |
[06:42] | Must be. | 肯定是的 |
[06:43] | And so Barry discovered | 于是巴瑞发现了 |
[06:44] | – the world of theater. – What the… | -戏剧世界 -什么 |
[06:46] | And it was kind of bad ass… | 其实挺酷的 |
[06:47] | – Tools? – …and very appealing… | -工具 -非常吸引人 |
[06:50] | Chicks? | 妹子 |
[06:51] | …and had frickin’ capes! | 还有拉风的披风 |
[06:52] | Capes?! | 披风 |
[06:54] | It was a beautiful mystery. | 多么美丽的谜 |
[06:56] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[06:58] | A world of massage circles | 按摩圈让孩子们 |
[06:59] | that bonded kids for a lifetime. | 成为终生的朋友的世界 |
[07:01] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[07:04] | A word. | 聊一下 |
[07:05] | Sure thing, Bar. | 好的 巴瑞 |
[07:06] | I hate to do this, but my girl was touching you, | 我也不想这样做 但我的女友在摸你 |
[07:08] | so I’m gonna have to karate kick your face. | 所以我要用空手道招式踢你的脸 |
[07:10] | You get it. | 你懂的 |
[07:11] | Hey, this guy bothering you, Raoul? | 这家伙找你麻烦吗 拉乌尔 |
[07:12] | It’s cool. He’s not show folk. | 没事 他不是演戏的 |
[07:14] | He doesn’t understand our ways. | 他不明白我们的方式 |
[07:15] | You see, the massage circle | 按摩圈 |
[07:17] | is a staple of high school drama. | 是高中戏剧的重要特色 |
[07:19] | Whatever, man. | 随便啦 伙计 |
[07:20] | Go back to your stupid tap dancing | 继续你愚蠢的踢踏舞 |
[07:22] | and lame-ass jazz hands. | 还有差劲的爵士手势 |
[07:23] | So embarrassing. | 真是丢人 |
[07:26] | At least that’s what Barry thought. | 巴瑞是这样想的 |
[07:28] | And then rehearsal began, and he was swept away | 然后彩排开始 他被作者的音乐 |
[07:30] | by the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. | 牵着思绪走了 |
[07:33] | Plus, Dave Kim got to wear a frickin’ cape! | 而且 金戴夫可以穿拉风的披风 |
[07:40] | What’s happening? | 出什么事了 |
[07:41] | All my senses are engaged. | 我所有的感觉都出来了 |
[07:43] | That day, my brother’s mind exploded. | 那天 我哥的精神爆炸了 |
[07:47] | And my mom was about to do some real damage | 我妈准备在爱丽卡的烹饪课上 |
[07:49] | in Erica’s cooking class. | 搞大破坏 |
[07:51] | ♪ To glance behind ♪ | 留下回眸一瞥 |
[07:55] | ♪ The Phantom of the Opera is there ♪ | 歌剧魅影就在那里 |
[08:01] | ♪ Inside your mind ♪ | 在你的心中 |
[08:04] | Cook. Cook, my angel! | 做菜 做菜 我的天使 |
[08:08] | Sing, my angel of music! | 唱吧 我音乐的天使 |
[08:10] | ♪ He’s there ♪ | 他在那里 |
[08:12] | ♪ The Phantom of the Opera ♪ | 歌剧魅影在那里 |
[08:16] | Well, well. | 瞧瞧 |
[08:18] | Let’s see if you’ve learned anything from me, my angel. | 看你是否从我这里学到了什么 我的天使 |
[08:20] | Stop calling me your angel. It’s creepy. | 别叫我是你的天使 真诡异 |
[08:23] | Let’s see how you did. | 看看你做的怎么样 |
[08:28] | I’m sorry. Fail. | 抱歉 不及格 |
[08:32] | You just gave an “F” to your lasagna! | 你刚给你自己的千层面一个不及格 |
[08:33] | I stole that from the freezer last night. | 我昨晚从冰箱里偷的 |
[08:35] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[08:37] | To prove this was rigged! | 证明这一切是不正当的 |
[08:38] | Sing for me! Sing, my angel of music! | 为我唱吧 唱啊 我音乐的天使 |
[08:40] | You cheated. | 你作弊 |
[08:41] | That means you really do get an “F.” | 就是说你真的不及格 |
[08:43] | Are you serious?! | 你是说真的吗 |
[08:45] | This whole thing is unfair, and everyone here agrees. | 这根本不公平 这里的人都同意 |
[08:47] | Is that true? | 这是真的吗 |
[08:48] | Pretty messed up, Chef G. | 完全一团糟 金大厨 |
[08:49] | Oh, is that right, Ruben Amaro Jr.? | 是吗 费城人队小经理 |
[08:52] | You get an “F!” | 你不及格 |
[08:53] | Everyone gets an “F!” | 所有人不及格 |
[08:55] | And scene! | 结束 |
[08:56] | With that, Barry paid our drama teacher Ms. Cinoman | 就这样 巴瑞去小小拜访了一下我们的戏剧老师 |
[08:59] | a little visit. | 辛诺曼小姐 |
[09:00] | After much personal reflection, | 在一番个人反思后 |
[09:02] | I’ve decided that I need to put aside my hate of everything you love | 我决定我需要放下 对你所爱一切的憎恨 |
[09:05] | and accept my destiny. | 接受我的命运 |
[09:07] | I’m here to be a star. | 我准备做明星了 |
[09:09] | – I don’t follow. – Neither do I. | -我没明白 -我也是 |
[09:10] | I lead. | 我做主角 |
[09:12] | And Big Tasty’s gonna make this dull-ass musical | 大甜甜会让这出愚蠢的音乐剧 |
[09:14] | more popular than a football game. | 比橄榄球更受欢迎 |
[09:16] | That’s the reach of my appeal. | 我就有这种吸引力 |
[09:17] | Ah, okay, well, auditions have already happened — | 好吧 试镜已经结束了 |
[09:20] | Do you want butts in seats or not? | 你想要观众来看吗 |
[09:21] | Of course I want butts in seats! | 我当然想要观众来看 |
[09:22] | That’s all I care about! | 我只关心这点 |
[09:23] | Then make me the lead of the show. | 那就让我做主角 |
[09:25] | Stedman, I guess. | 我想是叫斯特德曼 |
[09:26] | Wait. What? | 等等 什么 |
[09:27] | “The Phantom of the Oprah.” | 奥普拉[音近歌剧]魅影嘛 |
[09:28] | I assume it’s her longtime companion, Stedman. | 我想斯特德曼是她长时间的伴侣 |
[09:30] | The man behind the woman. | 女人背后的男人 |
[09:31] | Okay, uh, putting aside | 好吧 先不说 |
[09:33] | that you don’t know the title or the show | 你不知道名字和这出戏 |
[09:34] | and that we’re already rehearsing, | 还有我们已经开始彩排了 |
[09:36] | can you even sing? | 你会唱歌吗 |
[09:37] | Of course. I sing rap style. | 当然会 我是说唱歌手 |
[09:40] | Oh, well, there’s no rapping in this play. | 这出戏剧中没有说唱 |
[09:42] | ♪ Her name’s Oprah Winfrey ♪ | 她叫奥普拉温弗瑞 |
[09:44] | ♪ Her partner is Stedman ♪ | 她的伴侣是斯特德曼 |
[09:45] | ♪ Back off, Donahue, or else you’re a dead man ♪ | 走开 多纳休 否则你就死定了 |
[09:48] | ♪ She’s a cultural icon, collected and calm ♪ | 她是文化偶像 沉着镇定 |
[09:51] | ♪ She’s Oprah Winfrey, America’s mom ♪ | 她是奥普拉温弗瑞 美国妈妈 |
[09:54] | Well, uh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:56] | And then I break dance and kiss Lainey | 然后我跳霹雳舞后亲吻兰妮 |
[09:58] | and win whatever’s the theater equivalent of the Stanley Cup. | 然后获得戏剧界中等同于斯坦利杯的大奖 |
[10:01] | I’ll thank Oprah in my speech. | 我会在致辞时感谢奥普拉的 |
[10:02] | Okay, uh, the show’s not about Oprah. | 这出戏不是关于奥普拉的 |
[10:04] | But hear me out. Could it be? | 但听我说 可以是吗 |
[10:07] | You know what? You’re right? | 知道吗 你是对的 |
[10:10] | I want you to be the star of the show. | 我希望你做这出戏中的明星 |
[10:12] | I knew it! So what’s my awesome part? | 我就知道 我的超棒的角色是什么 |
[10:14] | You will be one of 20 stagehands. | 你将是20个舞台工作人员中的一个 |
[10:18] | What? You said I was the star. | 什么 你说了我是明星 |
[10:20] | The real stars of this show are the sets and props — | 这出戏中真正的明星就是布景和道具人员 |
[10:23] | the fog machine, the little boat, | 烟雾机 小船 |
[10:26] | the chandelier that crashes onto the stage. | 砸在舞台上的水晶灯 |
[10:28] | And you’re in charge of it all with 19 others. | 你和其他19个人一起负责这些 |
[10:32] | Come. Your dressing room awaits! | 来 你的更衣室在等你 |
[10:37] | This isn’t a dressing room. | 这不是更衣室 |
[10:39] | This is a place for me to lurk under the stage | 这是我躲藏在舞台下的地方 |
[10:41] | like some kind of creepy phantom | 就像这出鬼知道讲什么的戏中 |
[10:43] | tending to whatever this play is about! | 那个诡异的魅影一样 |
[10:45] | Creepy? | 诡异 |
[10:46] | That’s an extremely unfair characterization | 这对我们了不起的极具天赋的 |
[10:48] | of our amazingly talented stagehands. | 舞台工作人员来说是非常不公平的描述 |
[10:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:52] | Kill it with fire! | 用火烧死它 |
[10:53] | Oh, hi, Dan. | 你好 丹 |
[10:54] | Show Barry the ropes. | 给巴瑞看绳子 |
[10:56] | All right, friend. | 好的 朋友 |
[10:57] | Let’s get you into some clothes that make you more invisible. | 给你找件衣服 让你看起来更加的不存在 |
[11:02] | It was “Phantom” rehearsals, and I was ready | 《歌剧魅影》彩排 我准备 |
[11:04] | to take center stage while Barry was left waiting in the wings. | 登上中央舞台 巴瑞在旁边严阵以待 |
[11:09] | What is Lainey doing? | 兰妮在做什么 |
[11:11] | How is saying nonsense words with a bunch of nerds | 和一帮呆子说一些无意义的话 |
[11:14] | more fun than quietly watching me play video games? | 怎会比安静地看我玩电子游戏更有趣 |
[11:16] | Uh, Bar, can you help me hoist this bad boy? | 巴瑞 帮我把这个拉上去行吗 |
[11:18] | I have a hernia, and this is painfully heavy. | 我得了氙气 这东西太重了 |
[11:20] | You got this, pal. | 你能行的 伙计 |
[11:22] | I’m gonna grab a sweet shoulder rub from my girl | 按摩圈开始后 |
[11:23] | once the massage circle starts. | 我女友要给我按按肩 |
[11:25] | Oh, uh, no no no. | 不行 |
[11:27] | Y-Y-You can’t, uh, join the massage circle | 你不能加入按摩圈 |
[11:29] | ’cause you’re not one of them. | 因为你不是他们的一员 |
[11:31] | What are you talking about? Stagehands are part of the show. | 你说什么呢 舞台工作人员也是戏剧的一部分 |
[11:34] | Barry, that’s something that we say | 巴瑞 话是这样说 |
[11:36] | but not really something that’s true. | 但这不是真的 |
[11:38] | Like, there is a strict social hierarchy in theater, | 戏剧界有着严格的社交等级 |
[11:41] | and actors are at the top. | 最顶端是演员 |
[11:42] | They’re like jocks. | 他们就像体育尖子生 |
[11:44] | Stage techies like us are way down at the bottom | 我们这样的工作人员 则在最底部 |
[11:47] | like mathletes and Latin club. | 像奥数和拉丁语俱乐部一样 |
[11:49] | Damn it! I hate this backwards world! | 见鬼 我讨厌这倒退的世界 |
[11:51] | Hey, crew? | 工作人员 |
[11:52] | I’m sort of in character right now, | 我正想进入角色 |
[11:53] | and your side chatter’s really pulling me out. | 你们在一旁聊天 让我无法集中精神 |
[11:55] | You might think you’re super cool here, | 你可能以为你在这里超级酷 |
[11:58] | but when we get home, anything goes. | 但等我们回到家 一切都没了 |
[12:00] | Sorry, we’re doing that musical in the spring. | 抱歉 我们春天上演那部音乐剧 |
[12:04] | Stop making stupid inside theater jokes I don’t understand! | 别再说些我不懂的戏剧梗 |
[12:07] | Okay. I see what this is. | 好了 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[12:08] | You’re just jealous Lainey and I play tender lovers. | 你只是嫉妒我和兰妮扮演温柔的恋人 |
[12:12] | Don’t put it that way. | 别这样说 |
[12:13] | But he’s right — you are acting crazy. | 但他是对的 你表现得像疯子一样 |
[12:14] | Are you jealous? | 你嫉妒吗 |
[12:16] | Jealous? Of what? | 嫉妒什么 |
[12:17] | Of my little brother and girlfriend kissing | 我弟和我女友接吻 |
[12:19] | or watching people close to me develop a shared interest | 还是看着我亲近的人 有了共同的爱好 |
[12:22] | and thrive in a world I can’t be a part of? | 在一个我无法进入的世界中不断发展 |
[12:24] | All of those things, yes. | 所有这一切 没错 |
[12:25] | None of that applies! | 这些都不是 |
[12:26] | While my rivalry with my brother was heating up, | 我和我哥的竞争愈演愈烈 |
[12:29] | my mom and sister had gone to Principal Ball | 我妈和我姐去找鲍尔校长 |
[12:31] | to settle their beef. | 解决争端 |
[12:33] | Okay, while I agree that these lasagnas | 我同意这些千层面 |
[12:36] | both look and smell like a diaper fire, | 看起来闻起来都像着火的尿布 |
[12:38] | you can’t give the entire class an “F.” | 但你不能给全班不及格 |
[12:41] | – Can’t I? – You can’t! | -我不能吗 -你不能 |
[12:42] | The very fabric of this school | 这所学校所有的结构 |
[12:44] | is based on the fact that home ec is an easy “A!” | 是基于家政课可以轻易拿到A |
[12:46] | Okay, what are you even doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[12:47] | My entire offensive line took your class! | 我的整个进攻线都上了你的课 |
[12:50] | If you fail them, we have no football team! | 如果你给他们不及格 我们就没橄榄球队了 |
[12:53] | Well, that’s on them because they can’t cook for | 这是他们不好 因为他们不会做… |
[12:56] | Dear God, Mom! | 老天 妈 |
[12:59] | Look, boys take home ec | 那些小伙子们上家政课 |
[13:01] | to boost their depressingly low GPA’s. | 是为了拉高一下平均成绩 |
[13:04] | So it’s not important | 这么说 |
[13:05] | to learn the science behind the three C’s — | 学习三个C的科学不重要吗 |
[13:07] | cleaning, cooking, and cheesing? | 打扫 做饭 加芝士 |
[13:08] | Sure, in a pinch, | 当然 必要时 |
[13:09] | a guy’s got to know how to make a Manwich | 一个男人要会做男人三明治 |
[13:12] | or scrub a bowl if a lady caller’s stopping by, | 如果女士说要来家里 男人得把碗洗了 |
[13:14] | but your class is too hard! | 但你的课太难了 |
[13:16] | Well, if you ask me, | 要是你问我 |
[13:17] | the only blow-off class around here is gym. | 这里唯一最好混A的课就是体育 |
[13:19] | I could replace you | 我用一条短裤 |
[13:21] | with a pair of shorts, a Jane Fonda video, and a whistle. | 简方达的影带和口哨就能取代你 |
[13:23] | You think you can just buy these shorts?! | 你以为你可以买到这些短裤吗 |
[13:26] | You can. | 你可以 |
[13:27] | But you have to buy them at a special store for coaches! | 但你得在面向教练的特别商店里买 |
[13:30] | Okay, stop! Stop! Everyone, calm down. | 别说了 各位冷静 |
[13:32] | Beverly, here’s the thing. | 贝弗莉 事实是这样的 |
[13:34] | Home ec is and always will be a blow-off class. | 家政课一直是永远是混A的课 |
[13:37] | – Ha! Face! – What? | -要你好看 -什么 |
[13:38] | That’ll teach you to try to teach me. | 想教育我 现在你受教育了吧 |
[13:40] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[13:41] | Uh, then I guess I have nothing in the world to offer anyone. | 那我想我没有任何东西可以教给别人了 |
[13:45] | Yes. Good. We’re in agreement. | 是 很好 我们达成一致了 |
[13:49] | Everyone gets an “A.” | 所有人得A |
[13:50] | Now if you don’t mind, I’m late for class. | 你不介意的话 我上课迟到了 |
[13:54] | Okay, let’s rehearse | 我们来彩排 |
[13:55] | the big Raoul/Christine kiss, okay? | 拉乌尔和克莉丝汀的吻戏 |
[13:58] | Let’s just get the staging down. | 我们来彩排这一幕 |
[14:00] | Raoul dramatically runs to center stage | 拉乌尔戏剧性地跑向舞台中央 |
[14:03] | to kiss Christine. | 亲吻克莉丝汀 |
[14:07] | – What the — – Not cool! | -什么 -太不厚道了 |
[14:09] | Sorry — technical difficulties! | 抱歉 技术故障 |
[14:11] | All right let’s just forget the stupid chandelier, okay? | 我们别管水晶灯 |
[14:13] | Let’s see the kiss. | 看看亲吻戏 |
[14:15] | Unfortunately, a true phantom was lurking | 不幸地是 真正的魅影潜藏在 |
[14:17] | in the wings of Ms. Cinoman’s extravagant production, | 辛诺曼老师斥巨资制作的戏剧的舞台侧边 |
[14:19] | and his name was Big Tasty. | 这个魅影叫大甜甜 |
[14:22] | It won’t stop following me. | 它总是跟着我 |
[14:26] | What the heck?! | 搞什么 |
[14:28] | No! Stop! Get away! | 不 停下 走开 |
[14:31] | Stop! | 停下 |
[14:34] | I sold my Ford Festiva to buy this thing. | 我把车卖了买的这个 |
[14:36] | Now, make it work! | 好好利用 |
[14:37] | Sorry! Shoddy props! | 抱歉 劣质道具 |
[14:39] | We’ll definitely have to lose this scene. | 我们得砍掉这一幕 |
[14:41] | Not until I get my kiss. | 我没看到吻戏前别想 |
[14:43] | All right, you two just get off the stage, all right? | 你们下台好吗 |
[14:44] | I’ll get this. | 我来 |
[14:45] | Wait! | 等等 |
[14:54] | Oh, the chandelier’s broken! | 水晶灯坏了 |
[14:57] | And also my arm. | 我的胳膊也是 |
[14:58] | Dan did it! It was Dan! | 丹干的 是丹 |
[15:00] | Why, Dan? Why?! | 为什么 丹 为什么 |
[15:03] | Everyone join me in blaming Dan. | 大家和我一起责怪丹 |
[15:05] | And he’s gonna lie and say it was me, | 他会说谎 说是我做的 |
[15:07] | but we all know the truth that it was Dan! | 但我们都知道真相 是丹 |
[15:16] | The next day, we learned the cold, hard reality | 第二天 我们知道了戏剧在制作方面 |
[15:19] | of producing hit theater. | 冷酷残忍的现实 |
[15:20] | People! People. | 各位 各位 |
[15:22] | Due to Ms. Cinoman’s shattered arm, | 因为辛诺曼老师的胳膊断了 |
[15:24] | the producers at “Phantom” have learned | 所以《歌剧魅影》的制作人知道了 |
[15:26] | of our very unauthorized production. | 我们未经授权的作品 |
[15:28] | Apparently, you can’t do | 显然 没有允许 |
[15:30] | a brand-new hit Broadway show at a high school without getting permission. | 高中不能上演百老汇全新的热门戏剧 |
[15:34] | – Balls! – Inappropriate, but precise. | -该死 -说粗话不好 但很准确 |
[15:37] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[15:39] | I was so close to being Christine. | 我马上就要成为克莉丝汀了 |
[15:40] | Yeah, so close. | 对 马上就要 |
[15:41] | But hey, that’s showbiz for ya. | 但是 演艺圈就是这样 |
[15:44] | Now we can get back to just us kissing, baby. | 现在我们可以回到只是我们亲吻的日子了 宝贝 |
[15:46] | Wait a sec. | 等等 |
[15:48] | You sabotaged our show. | 你破坏了我们的戏 |
[15:49] | I had no choice! | 我别无选择 |
[15:50] | You were gonna put your nerd lips on my girl! | 你的呆子嘴唇要碰上我的女友了 |
[15:52] | Lainey’s everything to me. | 兰妮是我的一切 |
[15:53] | Come on, Lainey. | 拜托 兰妮 |
[15:56] | Wait. Don’t tell me you’re okay with this. | 慢着 别告诉我你对这事不生气 |
[15:58] | Well, before, I was Christine in a play. | 之前我是戏中的克莉丝汀 |
[16:01] | Now I’m Christine in real life. | 现在我是真实生活中的克莉丝汀 |
[16:02] | You know it, girl. | 没错 美女 |
[16:04] | My boyfriend loves me so much, it made him go insane. | 我男友太爱我了 爱到发疯了 |
[16:06] | I hurt a teacher for you. | 我为你害一个老师受伤了 |
[16:07] | Don’t find his horrible actions sweet! | 不要觉得他可怕的行为很甜蜜 |
[16:09] | Yeah, you did, you naughty, little phantom. | 没错 你这个淘气的小魅影 |
[16:12] | Okay, I’ve had it! | 好吧 我忍无可忍了 |
[16:13] | Listen up, all you actors, costume designers, | 听好了 演员 服装设计 |
[16:17] | dead-eyed chorus members with no lines. | 没有台词 目光空洞的合唱团 |
[16:19] | There’s an old adage on Broadway — | 百老汇有句老话 |
[16:21] | the show must go on. | 表演必须继续 |
[16:23] | And damn it, it will. | 见鬼 当然会的 |
[16:25] | So we can’t use their songs or characters | 我们不能用他们的歌和角色 |
[16:29] | or “Entire story.” | “整个故事”也不行 |
[16:31] | This is theater. | 这是戏剧 |
[16:32] | When we lose our script, we improvise! | 我们没有剧本时 就即兴创作 |
[16:35] | Backed by a fierce army of theater geeks, | 在无畏戏剧呆子军队的支持下 |
[16:38] | I wrote an all-new, completely different musical. | 我写了一部全新的完全不同的音乐剧 |
[16:40] | Take that, Broadway attorneys. | 要你们好看 百老汇律师们 |
[16:42] | Suck it, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. | 吃瘪吧 安德鲁·洛伊德·韦伯爵士 |
[16:44] | ♪ I am the phantasm of the gymnatorium ♪ | 我是体育馆的魅灵 |
[16:48] | ♪ So listen close, this is my story-um ♪ | 听清楚了 这是我的故事 |
[16:53] | No, no, no. No! | 不行不行 |
[16:55] | Just because you say it is not “Phantom of the Opera” | 你们说这不是《歌剧魅影》 |
[16:59] | does not make your play legal. | 并不代表你们的演出是合法的 |
[17:00] | But they’re nothing alike. | 但它们完全不同 |
[17:02] | In theirs, the Phantom takes Christine | 他们的戏中 魅影带克莉丝汀 |
[17:04] | on a boat ride in his underground lair. | 坐船来到他地下的洞穴 |
[17:05] | In ours, the Phantasm takes Chrissy | 我们的戏中 魅灵带克莉茜 |
[17:08] | on a jet ski in his above-ground pool. | 坐水上摩托艇到他地上的泳池 |
[17:10] | They’re the same thing, dude. | 换汤不换药 哥们 |
[17:11] | That’s because you played the characters the same, Dave Kim! | 那是因为你的表演完全是一样的 金戴夫 |
[17:14] | You have no range! | 你的戏路太窄了 |
[17:15] | – Yeah, I’m out. – Me, too. | -我退出 -我也是 |
[17:17] | – Yeah, it kind of sucks, man. – All righty, then. | -挺差劲的 伙计 -好了 |
[17:20] | Let’s shut her down and burn the sets. | 关门收工 |
[17:22] | Well, well, well. | 瞧瞧 |
[17:25] | Looks like opening night was also closing night. | 看来首场演出也是闭幕夜 |
[17:28] | That’s right — theater jokes. | 没错 戏剧界的体育尖子生 |
[17:30] | Yep, you win. | 你赢了 |
[17:32] | I finally had one place in high school where I fit in, | 我终于找到了我在高中的位置 |
[17:35] | and you took it away. | 却被你夺走了 |
[17:36] | Bravo. | 做得好 |
[17:40] | While our play had been shut down, | 我们的戏剧被迫结束 |
[17:41] | Erica was back to her year of senioritis. | 爱丽卡继续过她的毕业厌学年 |
[17:45] | Hey, you mind? | 别这样好吗 |
[17:46] | Your mom just said, “Life is meaningless,” | 你妈刚说 人生没有意义 |
[17:47] | and she locked herself in the bathroom. | 她把自己关在了厕所里 |
[17:49] | I’m not gonna feel bad about this. | 我不会内疚的 |
[17:51] | She tried to fail me and the whole football team | 她给我和整个橄榄球队不及格 |
[17:52] | to prove a point. | 来证明她的观点 |
[17:54] | For a smart girl, sometimes you’re a real moron. | 作为一个聪明的女生 你有时候真是个白痴 |
[17:57] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[17:58] | Budgets and meal plans. | 预算和膳食计划 |
[18:00] | Your whole life, she’s been scrimping and couponing | 你出生到现在 她都在精打细算 用优惠券 |
[18:03] | just to save enough money for you to go | 好存够钱让你念任何一所 |
[18:05] | to any college that you choose. | 你选择的大学 |
[18:07] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[18:09] | Well, now you do. | 现在你知道了 |
[18:10] | Don’t make me start parenting you again. | 别让我又开始以当爹的身份教育你 |
[18:12] | This was supposed to be my blow-off year. | 这应该是我混A的一年 |
[18:14] | Turns out Erica did learn an important lesson that semester. | 结果 爱丽卡在那个学期还是上了重要的一课 |
[18:18] | When it came to her kids, | 涉及到孩子时 |
[18:20] | my mom never took a day off. | 我妈从来没有休息过 |
[18:23] | What the — | 什么 |
[18:25] | What’s all this? | 这是什么 |
[18:27] | Sometimes I think because I’m a senior, | 有时候我觉得我是毕业班的 |
[18:29] | I’ve learned everything I need to know. | 我已经学到了所有我需要知道的 |
[18:32] | But every now and then, I realize | 但时常 我觉得 |
[18:34] | that I don’t know anything at all. | 我什么也不知道 |
[18:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[18:37] | I was wrong to look down on what you do. | 我轻视你所做的 是我错了 |
[18:39] | And I guess… | 我想 |
[18:43] | …I didn’t realize that all your hard work is for us. | 我没意识到你所有的辛苦工作都是为了我们 |
[18:46] | Baby, it’s okay. | 宝贝 没关系 |
[18:47] | It’s just what a mama does. | 妈妈就是这样 |
[18:49] | Well, saying thanks is what a daughter needs to do. | 表示谢意是一个女儿需要做的 |
[18:52] | So from the bottom of my heart, thanks. | 所以打心底里 谢谢你 |
[18:55] | My God, why? | 我的天 为什么 |
[18:56] | Yeah, it’s the best I’ve got. | 这是我做的最好的 |
[18:59] | Maybe you can actually teach me. | 也许你可以教我 |
[19:01] | I would love that, Schmoopie. | 我很乐意 宝贝 |
[19:03] | But can we– | 但能不能 |
[19:04] | Throw this thing in the trash? For sure. | 把这个倒掉 当然 |
[19:06] | With that, Erica blew off her blow-off year | 就这样 爱丽卡放弃了混A的一年 |
[19:09] | to start learning from my mom. | 开始向妈妈学习 |
[19:10] | But she wasn’t the only one who learned something that day. | 但那天不是只有她一个人学到了什么 |
[19:13] | I’m Donkey Konging. Go away. | 我在玩游戏 走开 |
[19:16] | I get it. You’re mad ’cause I basically ruined everything. | 我明白 你生气 因为我毁了一切 |
[19:19] | I’m mad ’cause my brother is a jealous lunatic. | 我生气 因为我哥是嫉妒的疯子 |
[19:22] | Thing is, I’m not just jealous about Lainey. | 其实 我嫉妒的不仅是兰妮的事 |
[19:26] | It’s like you’re part of this cool world, and I’m not good at it. | 你是这么酷的 我不擅长的世界的一部分 |
[19:28] | Wait. | 慢着 |
[19:30] | You’re jealous of me? | 你是嫉妒我吗 |
[19:32] | I guess it was kind of weird to see | 我想看到我的呆子小弟 |
[19:34] | my little nerd brother succeed in a place where I can’t. | 在我无法进入的领域内获得成功 感觉有点奇怪 |
[19:36] | I-I could teach you zip, zap, zop | 我可以教你说”滋扎佐” |
[19:38] | and maybe get you into the chorus. | 也许可以让你加入合唱团 |
[19:39] | No. That’s your world. | 不 那是你的世界 |
[19:41] | I don’t get it, and I don’t want to. | 我不懂 我也不想懂 |
[19:44] | But I got to say, I think it’s kind of cool. | 但我得说 我觉得挺酷的 |
[19:47] | So maybe I didn’t get my starring role in a musical, | 我没得到音乐剧中的主要角色 |
[19:49] | but that night, we all came together for a meal | 但那晚 我们在一起享受了一顿 |
[19:51] | free of drama and full of love. | 没有戏剧化充满爱的晚餐 |
[19:54] | So cheesy. | 好浓的芝士味 |
[19:56] | Bevy, you’ve outdone yourself. | 贝弗 你又超越了自己 |
[19:58] | I had a little help. | 我帮了点忙 |
[20:02] | Boopie, how’s the play going? | 宝贝 戏剧怎么样了 |
[20:04] | Oh, you didn’t hear? They canceled “Phantom.” | 你没听说吗 《歌剧魅影》被取消了 |
[20:06] | The school was doing “Phantom of the Opera”? | 学校要演出《歌剧魅影》吗 |
[20:09] | Stupid blow-off year made me miss out! | 愚蠢的混A年让我错过了 |
[20:12] | That’s the thing about family — | 家人就是这样 |
[20:13] | even though you think you have nothing in common, | 哪怕你觉得你们没有任何共同点 |
[20:15] | they’re the people who teach you the most. | 但他们却能教给你最多 |
[20:18] | Well, maybe they can do “Les Mis.” | 也许可以表演《悲惨世界》 |
[20:20] | I hear that’s an amazing show. | 我听说是非常了不起的戏 |
[20:22] | Come on, Dan! Really dig in there! | 加油 丹 用力 |
[20:25] | I’m mostly muscle! How are you not getting this? | 我主要长的是肌肉 你为什么不明白呢 |
[20:27] | Oh, I am loving mine. | 他按得好舒服 |
[20:29] | Naked Rob is really working out those knots. | 裸罗伯按的肌肉好舒服 |
[20:31] | Shh, shh, shh. Just let your day fall away, bro. | 别说了 让一天的劳累消失 兄弟 |
[20:35] | Ooh, a massage circle. Can I get in on this? | 按摩圈 我可以加入吗 |
[20:38] | No one touches my girlfriend! | 谁都不准碰我的女友 |
[20:40] | Everyone form a line, not a circle. | 大家排队 不要围成圈 |
[20:42] | Lainey’s first. | 兰妮是第一个 |
[20:44] | I got to be the masseuse caboose? | 我要做按摩火车的车尾吗 |
[20:46] | Screw this. | 该死的 |
[20:48] | I’m telling Ms. Cinoman on you guys. | 我找辛诺曼老师告状去 |