时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, | 八十年代 |
[00:01] | there was nothing more exciting than the chance of a snow day. | 最令人激动的莫过于下大雪不上学的机会 |
[00:03] | We all remember the morning ritual. | 我们都记得早上的惯例 |
[00:05] | We’d wake up at dawn, | 黎明时醒来 |
[00:06] | hop out of bed at lightning speed, | 闪电般地下床 |
[00:08] | rush downstairs, grab your radio, | 冲下楼 拿过收音机 |
[00:10] | and pray to the snow gods. | 向雪神祈祷 |
[00:12] | The following schools are closed in Montgomery County.. | 蒙哥马利县以下学校停课 |
[00:14] | – It’s gonna happen. I can feel it.- Shut up. You’re gonna jinx it. | -会停的 我能感觉到 -闭嘴 说了就不灵了 |
[00:17] | Please, God, if you give us a snow day, | 求你了 上帝 如果你给我们放假 |
[00:19] | I promise I’ll be a good boy for the rest of my life. | 我发誓这辈子我都做好男孩 |
[00:21] | …Abington High closed, Germantown West closed, | 阿宾顿高中停课 西德国镇中学停课 |
[00:24] | William Penn Academy… open. | 威廉·佩恩中学 照常上学 |
[00:26] | – Balls! – Why?! | -该死的 -为什么 |
[00:27] | I’m back to being a bad boy. | 我继续做一个坏男孩 |
[00:28] | This is on you, Mother Nature. | 怪你 大自然 |
[00:30] | Sadly, we were that one school that never closed for snow. | 遗憾地是 我们学校是唯一从来没因下雪停课的 |
[00:33] | Abington High closed, | 阿宾顿高中停课 |
[00:34] | – Germantown West closed…- Please, please, please. | -西德国镇中学停课 -求你了 |
[00:36] | Say it. Say “closed.” | 说吧 说”停课” |
[00:37] | I will fist-punch the radio if you don’t say “closed.” | 如果你不说”停课” 我就揍收音机 |
[00:40] | …William Penn Academy open. | 威廉·佩恩中学 照常上学 |
[00:41] | Balls! Balls! | 该死的 |
[00:42] | I hate everything! | 我讨厌一切 |
[00:43] | I’m a man of my word! | 我说话算话 |
[00:45] | Every time, it was the same heartbreak… | 每一次 都是同样的心碎 |
[00:47] | until the snow gods finally showed mercy. | 直到雪神终于对我们仁慈了一回 |
[00:50] | William Penn Academy…closed. | 威廉·佩恩中学 停课 |
[00:52] | Am I still asleep, | 我还没醒吗 |
[00:53] | or did he just say William Penn is closed? | 还是他刚说威廉·佩恩中学停课 |
[00:55] | He said “Closed.” School is closed. | 他说停课 学校关闭了 |
[00:57] | This is the best day of my life! | 这是我这辈子最棒的一天 |
[01:00] | I feel so alive! | 我好开心 |
[01:06] | Snow day means a full day of snuggle time with mama! | 大雪放假意味着一整天和妈妈抱抱 |
[01:09] | Get in here! Get it! | 过来 过来 |
[01:10] | I’m so happy, I don’t have the will to fight her off! | 我太开心了 根本不想和她争 |
[01:15] | Snow day! Snow day! Snow day! | 大雪放假… |
[01:31] | It was snow day, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的一个大雪放假日 |
[01:33] | and my sister was seizing the day… | 我姐用睡一天的办法 |
[01:36] | by sleeping through it. | 活在当下 |
[01:37] | Oh, good. You’re finally up. | 很好 你终于醒了 |
[01:39] | God! What the hell?! | 老天 搞什么 |
[01:41] | Someone was snoring the day away, lazybones. | 某人把一天都浪费在打鼾上了 懒虫 |
[01:43] | Mom, today is a day that’s been gifted to me by the universe. | 妈 今天是宇宙赐予我的 |
[01:46] | Please don’t ruin it by being you. | 请你别毁了 |
[01:48] | You only have one more college essay left to write, | 你只剩一篇大学申请作文没写了 |
[01:51] | and then you’re done. | 然后就没事了 |
[01:52] | That has nothing to do with snow day. | 这和大雪放假没关系 |
[01:54] | Of course it does. | 当然有 |
[01:55] | You’re physically trapped in the house with me, | 你被困在家里和我在一起 |
[01:57] | and all the roads and stores are closed. | 所有路和商店都关了 |
[01:59] | Let’s get you into Penn State. | 咱们把你送进宾州大学吧 |
[02:02] | No! Put away the word processor. | 不 把文字处理机拿走 |
[02:04] | I am not writing my college essay. | 我不会写什么大学作文 |
[02:06] | Squishy, I can help you. I read the topic — | 宝贝 我可以帮你 我看了主题 |
[02:09] | “Describe a personal hero who’s changed the course of your life.” | 描述一个改变你人生轨迹的个人英雄 |
[02:12] | Mom, stop. | 妈 别说了 |
[02:13] | Let’s brainstorm. | 我们来头脑风暴一下 |
[02:14] | What makes a hero? | 什么人能被称为英雄呢 |
[02:16] | Someone who’s great at… crafting, matchmaking, | 某个精通手工 做媒 |
[02:19] | parming chicken or shrimp or eggplant or meatballs. | 做芝士鸡或虾或茄子或肉丸的人 |
[02:23] | Listen, I did write about someone in the family, | 听着 我的确写的是家人 |
[02:26] | but it’s a “He.” | 但是”他” |
[02:27] | Yay! It’s me! I am he, and he is me. | 是我 我是他 他是我 |
[02:29] | Bevy, she clearly picked someone else, | 贝弗 显然她挑选了别人 |
[02:32] | perhaps a decorated war vet who had a date | 可能是一个授勋过的老兵 而且昨晚 |
[02:35] | with two different Shirleys last night. | 和两个不同的雪莉约会了 |
[02:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[02:38] | Pops?! | 老爷子 |
[02:40] | You picked the random old guy | 你随便选了个 |
[02:41] | who just hangs around our house all day, | 整天在我们家瞎混 |
[02:43] | eating our smoked fish? | 吃掉我们熏鱼的老人家吗 |
[02:45] | Choo-choo! Next stop, Lametown. | 呜呜 下一站 好逊站 |
[02:48] | Hey, I liberated an entire country. | 我解放了整个国家 |
[02:50] | I helped saved lives. | 我拯救过生命 |
[02:53] | Oh! Oh, sorry, I drifted off to sleep there. | 抱歉 我居然睡着了 |
[02:56] | Okay, this turned ugly fast. | 好吧 这么快场面就变尴尬了 |
[02:58] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 恕我先失陪了 |
[03:00] | I have a full day of doing nothing ahead of me. | 还有一整天的无所事事在等着我 |
[03:02] | I honestly don’t see a world where it’s anyone but me. | 我真心没看到一个惟我独尊的世界 |
[03:07] | But thank you for your service. | 但感谢你曾经保家卫国 |
[03:08] | My mom would stop at nothing to be Erica’s hero. | 我妈会不择手段成为爱丽卡的英雄 |
[03:11] | Meanwhile, me and Big Tasty started our snow day | 同时 我和大甜甜在做放假日的第一件事 |
[03:13] | with an epic cartoon marathon. | 看经典卡通连播 |
[03:16] | Did you two get into my four-quadrant popcorn tin? | 你们两个吃了我的四格爆米花桶吗 |
[03:18] | Relax. We were just sniffing it. | 别激动 我们只是闻闻 |
[03:20] | Stand up and show me your fingers. | 站起来给我看手指 |
[03:22] | If I see any cheese dust, you’re both grounded. | 如果我看到芝士屑 你们就被禁足了 |
[03:24] | Dust-free. You happy? | 没有屑 满意了吗 |
[03:26] | Dude, you’re unbelievable. | 伙计 你真是极品 |
[03:27] | Popcorn is the snack of the people. | 爆米花是老百姓的零食 |
[03:28] | No. It’s a snack for dads only. | 不 是爸爸的零食 |
[03:31] | I get one tin a year | 每年我从 |
[03:32] | from my armoire dealer in Cincinnati. | 辛辛那提的衣柜经销商手中搞到一桶 |
[03:34] | It’s the only thing that gets me through the season. | 只有它能帮我熬过漫长冬季 |
[03:37] | There are so many sad things in that sentence, | 这句话中可悲的成分太多 |
[03:39] | but I honestly think the winner is “Cincinnati.” | 但我真心觉得最可悲的就是辛辛那提 |
[03:41] | Well, just keep your hands off the tin. | 别碰桶 |
[03:43] | That’s it. End of story. | 没得商量 |
[03:44] | And the same goes for the thermostat. | 调温器也是一样 |
[03:46] | Yeah, I see you two looking. | 我看到你们在看了 |
[03:47] | That’s ’cause it’s colder in this house | 那是因为家里面 |
[03:49] | than it is outside. Yeah, man. | -比外面还冷 -就是 |
[03:50] | Can’t you spare like two more degrees? | 升两度不行吗 |
[03:53] | If you two are so cold, go out and shovel the walkway. | 如果你俩这么冷 出去把人行道上的雪铲了 |
[03:56] | That ought to work up a sweat but good. | 可以让你们好好流一身汗 |
[03:59] | Murray Goldberg had a lot of dumb dad rules, | 默里·金伯格有很多愚蠢的老爸规定 |
[04:01] | but nothing equaled his hard line on snow. | 但没什么比得上他对下雪天的强硬立场 |
[04:04] | And no monkeying around out there when you’re done. | 铲完之前不准瞎胡闹 |
[04:06] | This weather is treacherous. | 这种天气很危险 |
[04:07] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[04:09] | Another lecture on the dangers of cold weather. | 又一场关于寒冷天气危险的演讲 |
[04:11] | I’m serious. It’s not safe out there. | 我是认真的 外面不安全 |
[04:13] | You got frostbite, avalanches, and deadly icicles. | 有冻伤 雪崩 还有致命的冰柱 |
[04:17] | Icicles aren’t deadly. | 冰柱怎会致命 |
[04:18] | They’re refreshing and delicious. | 明明清爽又好吃 |
[04:20] | They’re knives that can fall from the sky at any moment. | 它们是随时会从天下掉下的刀 |
[04:23] | Sky knives! | 天上下刀子 |
[04:24] | They kill a billion people a year. | 一年杀死十亿人 |
[04:25] | That seems high. | 太夸张了吧 |
[04:26] | Dad, come on. It’s snow day. | 爸 拜托 今天是大雪放假日 |
[04:28] | Can’t we at least go outside | 至少让我们出去 |
[04:30] | and build one tiny awesome snow fortress? | 建一个小小的超酷的雪堡垒吧 |
[04:32] | Absolutely not! | 当然不行 |
[04:33] | You shovel that walkway before it turns into ice. | 在雪变成冰之前 把人行道铲干净 |
[04:36] | And no forts — I mean it! | 不准建堡垒 我是认真的 |
[04:38] | Naturally, we did the opposite | 自然我们没听话 |
[04:39] | ’cause forts are awesome! | 因为堡垒太赞了 |
[04:41] | Good job, dude. | 做得好 兄弟 |
[04:42] | I can’t feel my fingers, | 我的手指麻木了 |
[04:43] | but this definitely was two hours well spent. | 但这两小时用的太值得了 |
[04:45] | Do you think maybe we should shovel the walkway a little | 你觉得我们应该把人行道上的雪铲一点吗 |
[04:48] | so Dad doesn’t totally freak? | 这样爸不会完全失控 |
[04:49] | Yeah, we should… after a quick expansion. | 当然 在很快扩张之后 |
[04:52] | Quick’s good. Whatcha thinking? | “很快”很好 你有什么想法 |
[04:53] | I’m picturing a master bedroom | 我想象一间主卧室 |
[04:55] | with an attached bath, butler’s quarters, a dojo, | 还有浴室 管家房 道场 |
[04:58] | one of those maze gardens, all of the rooms from “Clue,” | 迷宫花园 《妙探寻凶》里所有的房间 |
[05:01] | an indoor basketball court. | 室内篮球场 |
[05:02] | A basketball court inside a snow fort? | 雪堡垒里的篮球场 |
[05:05] | That’s just the first floor. | 这只是一楼 |
[05:06] | The second level’s where the party’s at. | 第二楼是开心的地方 |
[05:09] | Hot tub, sauna, fire pit. | 按摩浴缸 桑拿 火盆 |
[05:10] | You don’t think that’ll create an awful lot of heat? | 你不觉得这会制造很大的热度吗 |
[05:13] | Yeah… | 对 |
[05:14] | once the word gets out. | 一旦大家都知道的话 |
[05:15] | Son of a bitch. | 混小子 |
[05:16] | A fort?! | 堡垒 |
[05:17] | I told you dumbasses to shovel the walk! | 我跟你们这些笨蛋说了把人行道上的雪铲干净 |
[05:20] | Crap. It’s Dad. | 该死 爸来了 |
[05:23] | He’s coming for us. We’re so dead! | 他来找我们了 我们死定了 |
[05:25] | You get your asses out of there | 你们快滚出来 |
[05:26] | before that thing collapses and traps you in an icy tomb. | 免得这东西塌了 你们被困在冻坟墓里 |
[05:29] | Stay strong. We’re untouchable in here. | 坚强点 他抓不到我们 |
[05:31] | Untouchable? I’ll show you untouchable! | 抓不到 我让你们看看抓不抓得到 |
[05:35] | He’s shimmying! | 他在振动 |
[05:36] | Oh, no! He’s entering the snow fort! | 不 他进入雪堡垒了 |
[05:38] | I never thought this would happen! | 我从来没想过会这样 |
[05:40] | Ah! I’m stuck! | 我卡住了 |
[05:41] | I can’t move my arms! My arms are stuck! | 我胳膊动不了 我胳膊卡住了 |
[05:43] | How are your arms stuck? | 你的胳膊怎么会卡住的 |
[05:45] | It’s snow. It’s soft. | 这是雪 是软的 |
[05:47] | I’m wedged in! My circulation’s failing me! | 我硬挤进来的 血液停止循环了 |
[05:50] | I can feel it! I’m gonna die in here! | 胳膊麻木了 我要死在这里了 |
[05:53] | He thinks he’s dying. | 他觉得他快死了 |
[05:55] | Stop laughing! Stop laughing at me right now! | 别笑了 现在不准笑我 |
[05:57] | Why are we hiding from this man? Look at him. | 我们为什么要躲着他 看他 |
[06:00] | These are my last breaths! I can see my last breaths! | 这是我最后的呼吸 我可以看到我最后的呼吸 |
[06:02] | He’s so scared and vulnerable, and it’s hilarious. | 他好害怕好无助 太好笑了 |
[06:05] | This is how it’s gonna end for me — | 这就是我的结局 |
[06:07] | in an icy igloo with you two morons. | 和你们两个白痴在冰屋里 |
[06:09] | – He’s freaking out. – Shut up and help me! | -他完全慌了 -闭嘴帮我 |
[06:11] | You got it, pal. | 没问题 伙计 |
[06:16] | You’re not trying to help me. | 你没想帮我 |
[06:18] | You’re just playing with my face to mess with me. | 你在玩我的脸 戏弄我 |
[06:20] | Dude, you push like this. | 兄弟 要这样推 |
[06:22] | Stop! | 住手 |
[06:28] | As we continued to mess with my dad, | 我们继续戏弄老爸 |
[06:30] | my mom was cleaning Erica’s room. | 我妈则在打扫爱丽卡的房间 |
[06:32] | Okay, she was ransacking it like an FBI agent. | 她像联调局探员一样搜查 |
[06:36] | It was a desperate attempt to uncover | 不顾一切想找到 |
[06:37] | the person Erica chose as her hero. | 爱丽卡选择的是哪位英雄 |
[06:39] | And then she found it… hidden in plain view | 然后她找到了 藏在显眼位置 |
[06:42] | behind the circuit board of a Lite-Brite, | 就在彩色楔子画的画板后 |
[06:44] | the piece of paper that would change my mom’s life forever. | 一张就此改变我妈人生的纸 |
[06:48] | Dad, I stumbled upon something incredible | 爸 我碰巧发现了一样藏在爱丽卡房间里的 |
[06:51] | hidden in Erica’s room, and I need to tell someone, | 难以置信的东西 我要告诉别人 |
[06:53] | but I can’t because she’ll never forgive me. | 但我不能说 因为她永远不会原谅我 |
[06:54] | Okay, you twisted my arm, so here it is. | 你强迫我的 我说了 |
[06:57] | I’m Erica’s hero. Me, baby, me! | 我是爱丽卡的英雄 我 是我 |
[07:00] | Well, I’m glad this worked out for you. | 我很高兴你如愿了 |
[07:01] | You know what this means, right? | 你知道这代表什么吧 |
[07:03] | I have succeeded as a mother. | 我这个母亲是成功的 |
[07:05] | Now, I know there were times when I quietly wondered | 我知道有时候私底下我想知道 |
[07:08] | if I had failed as a mother, but now I know the truth. | 我这个当妈的是否是失败的 现在我知道真相了 |
[07:10] | Success! | 成功 |
[07:11] | Did it ever occur to you that Erica hid that essay | 你有没有想过爱丽卡之所以藏起作文 |
[07:14] | so you wouldn’t overreact like you are right now? | 就是不想让你有现在这样的反应 |
[07:17] | Did it occur to you that none of this matters | 你有没有想过这一切不重要 |
[07:19] | because I’m her hero? | 因为我是她的英雄 |
[07:20] | Bevy, you snooped. You broke her trust. | 贝弗 你偷看了 你毁了她的信任 |
[07:23] | If I were you, I wouldn’t speak a word of this. | 如果我是你 我一个字也不会说 |
[07:25] | Obviously. | 那是当然 |
[07:26] | Erica will never, ever know. | 爱丽卡永远也不会知道 |
[07:29] | And she wouldn’t… for 10 minutes. | 她是不会说 十分钟内不会说 |
[07:31] | What the — | 什么 |
[07:32] | “A Daughter and Her Hero!”? | 女儿和她的英雄 |
[07:35] | Oh, damn it. You know? | 见鬼 你知道了吗 |
[07:36] | Know what? That I’m your greatest American hero? | 知道什么 我是你最伟大的美国英雄吗 |
[07:39] | No, that’s not true. | 不 不是这样的 |
[07:40] | Believe it or not, I’m walking on air | 不管你信不信 我欢天喜地 |
[07:44] | I never thought I could feel so free-e-e | 我从未想过我会感觉如此自由 |
[07:48] | For the record, it is none of your business who my hero is. | 搞清楚 我的英雄是谁不关你的事 |
[07:51] | Who could it be? | 会是谁 |
[07:55] | Believe it or not, | 不管你信不信 |
[07:56] | it’s just me | 只是我 |
[07:58] | I take it back, okay? | 我收回 好吗 |
[08:00] | I take back every single word I wrote. | 我收回写的每个字 |
[08:02] | You think you can just take it back | 你觉得可以像 |
[08:04] | like a bathing suit you’ve worn three times with the tags tucked in? | 退还藏着标牌穿了三次的游泳衣一样吗 |
[08:08] | No way. I’m your hero. | 不可能 我是你的英雄 |
[08:10] | No! Our history together will show | 不 我们在一起的历史可以表明 |
[08:12] | I think you’re the absolute worst. | 我觉得你是最差劲的 |
[08:13] | But now I’ll forever know how you really feel about me, | 但现在我永远都会知道你对我的真实想法 |
[08:16] | which is, “Everything my mother does comes from her heart.” | 你的原话”我妈所做的一切都发自真心” |
[08:21] | Stop using my words against me. | 别再用我的话来反驳我 |
[08:23] | You are not my hero. | 你不是我的英雄 |
[08:24] | I read a document that says otherwise. | 我读过一份文档不赞同这话 |
[08:26] | God, you ruin everything! | 老天 全被你毁了 |
[08:28] | And yet I’m your “Beacon on the hill.” | 我依然是你的 你的原话”山上的灯塔” |
[08:30] | I resent you so much right now. | 我现在恨死你了 |
[08:31] | But yet you love me “More than anyone.” | 但你爱我 你的原话”胜过任何人” |
[08:34] | This is “My worst nightmare.” | 这是 我的原话”我最可怕的噩梦” |
[08:36] | And it’s my dream. | 这是我的梦想 |
[08:38] | Like the song says, I’m walking on air. | 像歌里唱的 我欢天喜地 |
[08:40] | And I’m walking out. | 我走了 |
[08:41] | As Erica’s secret was out, | 爱丽卡的秘密被发现了 |
[08:43] | Barry and I were launching a secret plan that would change everything. | 巴瑞和我则推出了会改变一切的秘密计划 |
[08:46] | Young Adam, we have been given a gift. | 小亚当 上天对我们有了恩赐 |
[08:49] | We have seen with our very eyes the underbelly of our enemy. | 我们亲眼看到了我们敌人的薄弱环节 |
[08:53] | – Dad? – Yes! | -爸 -对 |
[08:54] | The one who oppresses us by ruling over | 他压迫我们 他统治着 |
[08:57] | the popcorn, temperature, and remote control. | 爆米花 温度和遥控器 |
[09:00] | He always makes me watch “Hee Haw”! | 他总是逼我看《唷荷》 |
[09:02] | “Hee Haw”, Barry! | 《唷荷》啊 巴瑞 |
[09:03] | We discovered something new in that ice fort — | 我们在冰堡垒里发现了新情况 |
[09:05] | that Dad’s vulnerable. | 爸原来很脆弱 |
[09:07] | And when we mess with him, it’s super fun. | 我们戏弄他时 太好玩了 |
[09:10] | I agree. It was joyous. | 我同意 太高兴了 |
[09:11] | But we’re back in the house now. It’s over. | 但我们现在回屋了 结束了 |
[09:13] | Or do we continue the good times and laughter forever? | 或者我们把好时光继续下去 永远大笑 |
[09:16] | You mean mess with Dad | 你是说在雪堡垒 |
[09:18] | outside the whimsical world of the snow fort? | 异想天开的世界以外戏弄老爸 |
[09:20] | Of course! | 当然 |
[09:21] | Now we know he’s all bark and no bite. | 现在我们知道他就是干打雷不下雨 |
[09:23] | I bet he doesn’t even think we’re morons. | 我打赌他甚至不觉得我们真是白痴 |
[09:26] | But that’s his hurtful catchphrase. | 但这是他伤人的口头禅 |
[09:27] | From this moment on, | 从现在开始 |
[09:28] | I say we do the things that annoy him | 我说我们做的事要让他烦 |
[09:31] | and entertain us. | 让咱们开心 |
[09:32] | Like sitting in his chair | 比如说坐他的沙发 |
[09:33] | or leaving that last drop in the orange juice container? | 或是把橙汁喝到只剩一滴 |
[09:36] | Damn right! It’s a snow-day revolution! | 太对了 这是大雪放假日革命 |
[09:39] | And our first battle was this. | 我们的第一战如下 |
[09:41] | You two are grounded! No telephone! No Atari! | 你们被禁足了 没电话 没游戏机 |
[09:44] | No robits! Now get upstairs! | 没机器人 上楼去 |
[09:47] | – Want to go sledding? – Sure. | -想滑雪橇吗 -当然 |
[09:48] | Sledding?! | 雪橇 |
[09:49] | Didn’t you hear what I just said? | 你们没听到我的话吗 |
[09:51] | Oh, we heard it. It’s just | 听到了 只是 |
[09:53] | we’re gonna pass on the grounding. | 禁足就算了 |
[09:56] | What the hell just happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[09:58] | What happened was a revolution. | 革命发生了 |
[10:00] | My brother and I were in full rebellion mode, | 我哥和我完全进入叛乱模式 |
[10:03] | and we were ready to take it up a notch. | 我们准备好再闹大点 |
[10:04] | Bevy! Where’s my tin of holiday popcorn?! | 贝弗 我的假日爆米花桶呢 |
[10:08] | Looking for something? | 在找东西吗 |
[10:09] | Flavored corn deliciousness. | 风味玉米真好吃 |
[10:12] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[10:14] | Looks like you’re not the only one | 看来不止你一个人 |
[10:15] | who can enjoy four types of gourmet popcorn whenever he wants. | 可以随时享用四种口味的美味爆米花 |
[10:18] | You better not have touched white cheddar. | 你最好没碰白切达干酪 |
[10:20] | Oh, I touched the white cheddar but good. | 我何止碰了 |
[10:22] | That quadrant was for dads only! | 那一格只能老爸吃 |
[10:24] | Seriously, what’s wrong with you?! | 真的 你脑袋进水了吗 |
[10:26] | Yo, Ad-rock! | 小亚 |
[10:27] | And then we went where no Goldberg had gone before. | 然后 我们做了件金伯格家没人做过的事 |
[10:30] | You chilly? I sure am. | 你冷吗 我冷 |
[10:32] | Might as well just crank up this bad boy. | 还是把这家伙调高吧 |
[10:33] | Hey, you know no one touches that thermostat. | 你知道没人可以动温控器 |
[10:36] | It stays locked in at a comfortable 63 degrees, | 固定在舒适的63华氏度 |
[10:39] | no higher! | 不准升高 |
[10:40] | 87 — temperature of the rich. | 87度 有钱人的温度 |
[10:42] | 87 degrees? | 87华氏度[30度] |
[10:44] | What do you think this is, the sun? | 你把暖气当太阳吗 |
[10:45] | We reign over the thermostat now. | 我们现在统治温控器了 |
[10:47] | Okay, you saw me at a low point, | 我倒霉一次被你们看到 |
[10:49] | and now you’re giving me a taste of my own medicine. | 现在你们用我的那套来对付我 |
[10:52] | So good. | 真好吃 |
[10:53] | Sweet and savory. | 又甜又香 |
[10:55] | Damn it, stop eating all the caramel! | 见鬼 别把所有焦糖味吃完了 |
[10:57] | No can do. | 办不到 |
[10:58] | You see, until now, your main weapon was dad rage, | 直到现在 你主要的武器都是父亲的怒气 |
[11:01] | but that all changed when your middle-aged body | 但当你中年的身躯卡在我们的雪堡垒里时 |
[11:03] | corked up our snow tunnel. | 一切都改变了 |
[11:04] | Nothing has changed — nothing. | 没什么改变了 没有 |
[11:06] | Oh, it has. | 有的 |
[11:08] | We went into that snow fort as scared boys, | 我们进雪堡垒时还是害怕的男孩 |
[11:11] | but we emerged as fearless men | 出来时我们成了无畏的男子汉 |
[11:13] | who now find your anger silly. | 觉得你的怒气很傻 |
[11:15] | Fine. You don’t want to respect me? | 行 你们不想尊敬我 |
[11:17] | I’m out. | 我不管了 |
[11:18] | I retire from being involved in your lives in any way. | 我不再以任何方式参与你们的生活 |
[11:21] | Trust me, there will be a time | 相信我 会有那么一个时候 |
[11:24] | when you come to me in desperate need of your dad, | 你们来找我 绝望地需要我这个父亲 |
[11:27] | and I won’t help you. | 到时我不会帮你们 |
[11:28] | Our snow-day rebellion had worked. | 我们的大雪放假日革命成功了 |
[11:30] | The balance of power had shifted in our house, | 咱家的权力天平倾斜了 |
[11:31] | and we were kings! | 我们成了国王 |
[11:33] | Dear God. You were right. | 我的天 你是对的 |
[11:34] | We can mess with dad out of the snow fort, too. | 我们在雪堡垒以外也可以戏弄老爸 |
[11:37] | I feel so alive and sweaty from the heat! | 我觉得好有活力 热得流汗了 |
[11:39] | This must be what the other Adam Goldberg in school | 这肯定是学校里另一个亚当·金伯格 |
[11:41] | feels like all the time. | 一直以来的感觉 |
[11:43] | He’s a loose cannon and lives on his own terms! | 他是我行我素的人 以自己的方式生活 |
[11:45] | Dude! Now we can finally live our snow day | 兄弟 我们终于可以按冬神的意志 |
[11:48] | the way the gods of winter intended it! | 来过咱们的大雪放假日了 |
[11:50] | Car toboggan — | 汽车平底雪橇 |
[11:52] | It combines the fun of water-skiing | 结合了滑水的乐趣 |
[11:53] | with the treacherous danger of luge. | 以及无舵雪橇的危险 |
[11:55] | I like what I’m hearing. | 听起来不错 |
[11:56] | Sit down and hold on | 坐下抓紧了 |
[11:58] | ’cause I’m gonna drive fast and take chances. | 因为我会开得很快冒冒险 |
[12:01] | Snow day! | 大雪放假日 |
[12:04] | Life without a dad rules! | 没有老爸的生活好爽 |
[12:06] | As we set out on our fatherless snow day, | 我们没爹的大雪放假日正式开始时 |
[12:09] | my sister was doing everything she could to avoid our mom. | 我姐正尽一切努力避开老妈 |
[12:11] | Mom isn’t down here, is she? | 妈没在这里吧 |
[12:13] | I haven’t felt her looming presence | 我有一个多小时没察觉到 |
[12:15] | in over an hour, so you’re safe. | 她若隐若现的身影 你是安全的 |
[12:17] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[12:18] | That woman finding out that she’s my hero | 那个女人发现她是我的英雄 |
[12:20] | is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. | 是我碰到过的最糟糕的事 |
[12:22] | Speaking of heroes, | 说到英雄 |
[12:23] | have I told you about all my rich life adventures? | 我有跟你讲过我丰富的人生冒险吗 |
[12:26] | Yes. Many times. | 讲过 很多遍 |
[12:27] | I bet you didn’t know that after the army, | 我打赌你不知道我退伍后加入了劳军组织 |
[12:29] | I joined the USO and entertained the troops | 用冒着生命危险的马戏表演 |
[12:31] | with a death-defying circus act. | 为军队送去娱乐节目 |
[12:33] | I need help, Pops, not your old-man yarns. | 我需要帮助 老爷子 不是你老人家的故事 |
[12:36] | They’re not yarns. I trained a lion. | 这不是故事 我训练过狮子 |
[12:39] | His name was Stan. | 它叫斯坦 |
[12:40] | There you are, boopie. I need your fashion expertise. | 你在这里 宝贝 我需要你给出专业的时尚建议 |
[12:43] | Which iron-on should I put on my purple jumpsuit — | 我在紫色连身裤上要印什么图案 |
[12:46] | me as the wind beneath your wings | 我作为你翅膀下的风 |
[12:48] | or we’re two peas in a pod? | 还是我俩是一个豆荚里的豆子 |
[12:50] | Hmm. I pick none. | 我什么都不选 |
[12:52] | Well, you go to pick one so we can wear them | 你得选一个 这样周末的滑雪旅行 |
[12:53] | on our ski trip this weekend. | 我们才能穿上 |
[12:54] | Let’s be clear — | 说清楚 |
[12:55] | I am going skiing with Lainey | 我要和兰妮还有十个 |
[12:57] | and also 10 boys who I know a little bit. | 我算是认识的男生去滑雪 |
[12:59] | And your hero. | 还有你的英雄 |
[13:00] | I’m sure you want me to tag along. | 我确信你想让我一起去 |
[13:02] | In what world does that make sense? | 这怎么说得通呢 |
[13:04] | If Barry went on a ski trip, | 如果巴瑞去滑雪 |
[13:05] | he’d want to bring his hero — Chuck Norris, | 他会带上他的英雄查克·诺里斯 |
[13:07] | and Adam would definitely want to ski with Crispin Glover. | 亚当会想和克利斯丁·格拉夫一起去滑雪 |
[13:10] | So it makes perfect sense | 所以这完全说得通 |
[13:11] | that you would want to bring your hero — me. | 你会想带上你的英雄 就是我 |
[13:13] | Okay, weird Crispin Glover doesn’t ski, | 怪人克利斯丁·格拉夫不滑雪 |
[13:16] | and Chuck Norris likes a desert climate, | 查克·诺里斯喜欢沙漠气候 |
[13:18] | so you’re not going. | 所以你也不会去 |
[13:19] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[13:20] | It’s embarrassing having your mom as your hero. | 你的英雄是你的妈妈是件尴尬的事 |
[13:23] | But don’t worry — I can be cool. | 别担心 我可以很酷的 |
[13:25] | Hang with the hunkos in the bubbly tub | 和帅哥们一起泡热水浴 |
[13:27] | with my ski gogs on. | 而且戴着滑雪护目镜 |
[13:29] | Oh, my God. I don’t | 我的天 我… |
[13:31] | even know how to respond to that. | 甚至不知道如何回答 |
[13:33] | I know! It’s gonna be great! | 我知道 会非常棒的 |
[13:34] | Just like when we carpool to school together | 就像我们拼车去学校时 |
[13:36] | so we can have a little gossip time. | 可以有段八卦的时间 |
[13:38] | I just can’t — | 我就是没法… |
[13:39] | And I’m gonna take you | 我会带你 |
[13:40] | to my Friday-night scrapbooking club | 去我的周五晚剪贴簿俱乐部 |
[13:42] | so you can see how your real hero cuts loose. | 你可以看到你的英雄放松的样子 |
[13:47] | Decoupage. | 剪贴工艺 |
[13:48] | So, let me get this straight. | 我说清楚 |
[13:49] | You being my hero basically undoes | 你是我的英雄基本上破坏了 |
[13:51] | everything good in my life? | 我生活中所有的好事吗 |
[13:52] | Yay! We’re gonna be slope sisters. | 我们将成为滑雪姐妹 |
[13:54] | I got to go bedazzle my ski boots. | 我去给滑雪靴贴亮片 |
[13:58] | Thinking you should have picked a different hero, | 是否考虑选一个不同的英雄 |
[14:00] | one who’s literally put his head in a lion’s mouth? | 他的头伸进过狮子的嘴哦 |
[14:04] | Wait a minute. You’re right. | 慢着 你是对的 |
[14:06] | I chose to write about Mom, | 我选择写妈妈 |
[14:07] | so I can just write about someone else. | 我也可以写别人 |
[14:09] | Now we’re talking. | 这就对了 |
[14:10] | I’ll write about myself, | 我会写我自己 |
[14:12] | how I survived my crazy “Smother” | 我如何在疯狂的”老妈爱死你”中幸存下来 |
[14:14] | and became my own hero. | 成为自己的英雄 |
[14:15] | At this point, very little surprises me. | 现在 我有点小小意外 |
[14:18] | Thank you, Pops! You are my hero! | 谢谢你 老爷子 你是我的英雄 |
[14:20] | I mean, for giving me the idea to write about myself. | 给了我写自己的主意 |
[14:23] | You bet. | 那是 |
[14:29] | Oh, man! | 老天 |
[14:30] | That was awesome! | 太厉害了 |
[14:32] | I know you don’t have your license, | 我知道你没驾照 |
[14:33] | but it’s your turn to drive. | 但到你开车了 |
[14:35] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[14:41] | Turns out we would need our dad… | 原来我们需要老爸 |
[14:43] | just way sooner than expected. | 而且比我们预期的快得多 |
[14:45] | Fancy meeting you here. | 没想到在这里碰到你 |
[14:47] | Good to see you’re keeping warm on this wintry day, Father. | 很高兴看到在这样寒冷的天气你很暖和 父亲 |
[14:50] | Bup-bup. Not the dad. | 别 我不是你爸 |
[14:51] | Hilarious as always. | 还是这么好笑 |
[14:54] | Speaking of funny stuff, | 说到好笑 |
[14:55] | do you recall when you told me there would be a time | 你还记得你曾经跟我说过吗 总有那么一个时候 |
[14:57] | I’d come to you in desperate need? | 我会绝望地需要你 |
[14:59] | Well, that moment is now upon us. | 那个时候现在就到了 |
[15:00] | Are you kidding? It’s been, what, 20 minutes? | 开玩笑吗 才20分钟 |
[15:03] | Time sure does fly, doesn’t it? | 时间飞逝啊 对吗 |
[15:04] | Well, whatever you did, it’s on you. | 无论你做了什么 靠你自己了 |
[15:06] | Yeah, you’re teaching me a lesson about respect. | 你给我一个关于尊敬的教训 |
[15:08] | Noble goal. | 高尚的目的 |
[15:09] | In return, I’d like to teach you | 作为回报 我愿意教你 |
[15:12] | the highs and lows of car tobogganing, | 汽车平底雪橇的起伏 |
[15:14] | the recreational pastime that’s sweeping the nation. | 这是一项横扫全国的娱乐休闲活动 |
[15:16] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[15:17] | I lost Adam. | 我把亚当弄丢了 |
[15:19] | Get my pants. | 把我的裤子拿来 |
[15:23] | There’s my little typer monkey. | 我的打字小猴子 |
[15:26] | What you click-clacking about? | 你在写什么呢 |
[15:27] | Got more to write about your hero mama? | 还在写你的英雄妈妈吗 |
[15:29] | Oh, just making a few tiny tweaks to my college essay. | 只要稍微修改下我的大学作文 |
[15:32] | Tweaks? | 修改 |
[15:33] | Can’t believe it gets much better than that. | 不敢相信还能写得更好 |
[15:34] | Oh, it’s better. | 更好了 |
[15:35] | My first tweak was when I, like, | 第一个修改就是 |
[15:37] | – threw the whole thing out and started over. – What’s that, now? | -全部不要 重写 -什么 |
[15:40] | Yeah, my new essay is about my inner hero | 我的新作文是关于我的内心英雄 |
[15:42] | and how I overcame the greatest obstacle of all. | 我如何战胜最大的障碍 |
[15:45] | Me? | 我吗 |
[15:46] | – It says I’m the obstacle? – Yep. | -这上面写我是障碍 -对 |
[15:48] | – And ruiner of dreams? – For sure. | -梦想的摧毁者 -当然 |
[15:51] | – Strangler of hope?! – Yep. | -希望的扼杀者 -对 |
[15:53] | A vampire draining your human sprite? | 吸食你人类雪碧的吸血鬼 |
[15:56] | Oopsie, that is supposed to say “Spirit.” | 错了 应该是精神 |
[15:59] | Good eye. | 好眼力 |
[16:00] | Oh. This is about me going on the ski trip. | 原来是为了我去滑雪的事 |
[16:03] | Okay, how’s about I just sit it out? | 我不去了行吗 |
[16:05] | Just please don’t send this in. | 请别发这个 |
[16:06] | And print. | 打印 |
[16:07] | Please stop that horrible printing sound. | 请停下这可怕的打印的声音 |
[16:10] | I wish I could, but I pressed the button, | 我也希望 但我按了按钮 |
[16:12] | and it can’t be stopped. | 停不下来了 |
[16:13] | It can if I drown it out. | 我用更大的声音淹没它 |
[16:16] | The blending stops when the printing stops. | 打印机停下搅拌机就停下 |
[16:19] | You can blend all you want, lady, | 你想怎么搅都行 女士 |
[16:21] | but I’m print all day long. | 但我会打印一整天 |
[16:23] | Beverly, Adam is lost in the snow! | 贝弗莉 亚当在雪地里走丢了 |
[16:27] | It’s an emergency! | 出大事了 |
[16:28] | I can’t hear you. I’m proving a point. | 我听不到 我在证明自己的观点 |
[16:32] | My sister had finally finished her new college essay | 我姐终于写完了新的大学作业 |
[16:35] | about heroically triumphing over her “Smother,” | 讲述她英雄地战胜了她”爱到你窒息的老妈” |
[16:37] | but my mom had one last trick up her snowsuit. | 但我妈在防雪衫里还有一招 |
[16:40] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[16:41] | Out. | 出去 |
[16:42] | Where? All of Philly’s shut down. | 哪里 整个费城全关了 |
[16:44] | I’m gonna snowshoe over to the Dress Barn | 我要走去服装连锁店 |
[16:46] | and see about their annual blizzard sale. | 去看看年度暴风雪大减价 |
[16:48] | Blizzard sale? That’s not a thing. | 暴风雪大减价 根本没这事 |
[16:50] | Eat my dust, sucka. | 吃瘪吧 倒霉蛋 |
[16:51] | Penn State’s gonna know I’m your hero. | 宾州大学会知道我是你的英雄 |
[16:53] | Wait! Get back here! | 慢着 回来 |
[16:55] | But their race to the mailbox didn’t go as planned | 但她们到邮箱的赛跑并不像计划那样 |
[16:57] | because we forgot to shovel the driveway. | 因为我们忘了铲人行道上的雪 |
[16:59] | No! Do not take that to the mailbox. | 不 别放进邮箱 |
[17:01] | Don’t you dare. | 你敢 |
[17:02] | It’s too late. You’ll never catch me. | 太迟了 你抓不到我 |
[17:04] | Get back here! | 回来 |
[17:05] | And so began the slowest high-speed chase in Goldberg history. | 金伯格家史上最慢追逐战开始了 |
[17:09] | I wrote a better, more hurtful one. | 我写了篇更好更伤人的 |
[17:11] | Those stupid sons of bitches at Penn State | 宾大那些愚蠢的混蛋们 |
[17:13] | will never read it. | 永远不会看到 |
[17:14] | Not if I beat you to the mailbox, old lady. | 我比你快点到邮箱就可以了 老太太 |
[17:16] | Ha! I’m pulling ahead! | 我领先了 |
[17:17] | No, never! | 别想 |
[17:23] | You…are not… my…hero! | 你不是我的英雄 |
[17:27] | No! Erica, that’s all I had left, | 不 爱丽卡 我只剩这个了 |
[17:31] | and you ruined it. | 被你毁了 |
[17:32] | Mom, it’s just a stupid college essay. | 妈 这只是愚蠢的大学作文 |
[17:34] | Why make this the biggest deal in the world? | 为什么要弄得这么小题大做 |
[17:36] | That essay was the only proof I had | 那篇作文是我唯一的证据 |
[17:39] | that you still want me as your mom. | 证明你依然想要我这个妈 |
[17:41] | Come on. That’s not true. | 拜托 不是这样的 |
[17:42] | Every day, you roll your eyes at me | 每天 你冲我翻白眼 |
[17:45] | and you tell me I ruin your life. | 你跟我说我毁了你的生活 |
[17:47] | And I know you’re a teenager, and that’s how it goes, | 我知道你青春期 本来就是这样子 |
[17:50] | but it hurts. | 但很伤人 |
[17:51] | And then I read this essay. | 然后我看到了作文 |
[17:53] | And it was just nice to be reminded | 被提醒有时候 |
[17:55] | that you still think nice things about me sometimes. | 你也会念着我的好 这感觉很棒 |
[17:59] | Look, even though you have real impulse-control problems, | 尽管你有很严重的无法克制冲动的毛病 |
[18:04] | and you threw me down on a sheet of ice, | 把我摔在冰上 |
[18:08] | you shouldn’t need some essay to know | 但不需要作文你也应该知道 |
[18:10] | that you really are my… hero. | 你真的是我的英雄 |
[18:13] | What was that? | 你说什么 |
[18:15] | You’re my stupid hero, okay? | 你是我的笨蛋英雄 好吗 |
[18:18] | I know I don’t say it… | 我知道我没说过 |
[18:19] | …but I would be lucky to grow up | 但如果我能成长为像你这样 |
[18:21] | to be as strong and confident and passionate as you are. | 坚强自信热情的人 那么我便是幸运的 |
[18:25] | Oh, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[18:27] | You already are all of those things. | 你已经是这样的人了 |
[18:35] | I’m your hero. | 我是你的英雄 |
[18:41] | Dad? | 爸 |
[18:42] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[18:43] | You were right. Snow is nature’s weapon. | 你是对的 雪是自然的武器 |
[18:46] | I kind of hurt my ankle. | 我的脚踝受伤了 |
[18:47] | Come on. I’ll get you home safe. | 来吧 我带你安全回家 |
[18:54] | You’re gonna yell at us when we get home, aren’t you? | 我们回家后你会吼我们的 对吗 |
[18:57] | – Oh, yeah. – Good. | -对 -很好 |
[18:59] | That’s the thing about your heroes. | 英雄就是这样 |
[19:01] | Even when we say we don’t need them, | 尽管我们说不需要他们 |
[19:03] | they’d still have our backs. | 他们依然支持着我们 |
[19:05] | But every once in a while, | 但偶尔 |
[19:06] | heroes need a little love, too… | 英雄也需要一点爱 |
[19:09] | …or at least a reminder of why they were so important in the first place. | 或提醒他们为什么起初他们就是那么重要 |
[19:14] | I think this belongs to you. | 我想这是你的 |
[19:15] | So does this. | 这个也是 |
[19:17] | I melted a Butterfinger on some Jiffy Pop. | 我把黄油酥饼干融在了普通爆米花上 |
[19:19] | Consider it our apology… | 这是我们的道歉 |
[19:21] | …you know, ’cause you’re the dad… | 因为你是我们老爸 |
[19:23] | and we like it that way. | 我们喜欢有你这个老爸 |
[19:25] | If you need us, we’ll be shoveling the walkway | 如果有需要 我们会铲人行道上的雪 |
[19:27] | like we should have done in the first place. | 这是我们一开始就应该做的 |
[19:29] | And with that, | 就这样 |
[19:30] | our dad was back to being our dad again. | 我们的老爸又是我们的老爸了 |
[19:33] | But that snow day, | 但在那个大雪放假日 |
[19:34] | he realized there’s much more to being a father… | 他意识到做父亲不止是 |
[19:36] | than enforcing the rules. | 执行规矩 |
[19:38] | You snow babies gonna fight back? | 你们这些雪宝宝要反击吗 |
[19:41] | So, yeah, our snow day didn’t go as planned… | 大雪放假日没按我们计划的那样 |
[19:44] | but turns out, it really was the day | 但原来 那一天的过法 |
[19:47] | – we’d always hoped for. – Take that, old man! | -是我们一直盼望的 -看招 老头子 |
[19:51] | Oh, good. The walkway’s shoveled. | 很好 人行道上的雪铲了 |
[19:55] | Oh! You’re gonna be one sorry Schmoo! | 你会后悔的 宝贝 |
[19:58] | And that night, even though it was freezing outside… | 那一晚 外面冰天雪地 |
[20:01] | …and we were lobbing balls of ice at each other, | 我们冲彼此砸冰球 |
[20:03] | we played in the snow as a family for hours. | 我们一家人在雪里玩了几小时 |
[20:07] | Because in the end, nothing keeps you warm | 因为最终 最能让你温暖的 |
[20:09] | like being around the people you love most. | 是在你最爱的人身边 |
[20:15] | I have off school today, for it had snowed. | 今天不上学 因为下大雪了 |
[20:18] | The tree’s have frozen over, and there’s icicles everywhere. | 树结冰了 到处是冰柱 |
[20:26] | I am so glad I’m finally done with that college essay. | 我真高兴大学作文终于写完了 |
[20:29] | You know, sweetheart, it’s not too late | 亲爱的 现在写一个真正的英雄 |
[20:31] | to write about a real hero. | 也为时未晚 |
[20:33] | Ship’s kind of sailed at this point. | 这事已经过去了[船已出航] |
[20:34] | That ship might circle back to port | 你看看战后的马戏冒险 |
[20:36] | when you take a gander at some circus adventures after the war. | 说不定这条船又会回到港口 |
[20:40] | Oh, Pops, you don’t have to make stuff up. | 老爷子 你不必编造一些东西 |
[20:42] | You’ll always be a hero to me. | 你永远是我的英雄 |
[20:44] | But I spent four hours digging this up — | 但我花四小时把这个找出来 |
[20:47] | Ah, damn it. She’s gone. | 见鬼 她走了 |
[20:50] | And there they are, folks, stretching it. | 各位 它们在拉伸 |
[20:54] | You handsome devil. | 你这个帅帅的坏小子 |