时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | When I was kid, my mom would use every opportunity | 在我的童年时代 我妈会抓住每一个机会 |
[00:03] | to squeeze, smooch, and snuggle her schmoopies. | 捏捏 亲亲 抱抱她的宝贝们 |
[00:05] | There was only one time she expected us | 她只在一个时候指望我们 |
[00:07] | to do it in return — Mother’s Day. | 也亲亲抱抱她 那就是母亲节 |
[00:09] | Naturally, we’d use the opportunity | 我们自然会利用这个机会耍耍她 |
[00:11] | to mess with her for a cheap laugh. | 开开没营养的玩笑 |
[00:13] | Oh, look at my special calendar | 看看我的特别挂历 |
[00:14] | hanging in a high-traffic area. | 挂在人人都会经过的地方 |
[00:15] | How’d that get there? | 是谁把它挂上去的 |
[00:17] | That’s odd. Didn’t notice. | 真奇怪 我完全没注意 |
[00:18] | You wanna take a peek, | 你们想看一眼 |
[00:20] | see if there’s any special day in May that you need to remember? | 看看五月有没有什么该记牢的特别日子吗 |
[00:23] | Nah, I got Cinco de Mayo on lock. | 不用 我不会忘记5月5日节的 |
[00:24] | I think she’s talking about French Labor Day. | 我认为她指的是法国劳动节 |
[00:26] | No, it’s “Star Wars” Day! | 不 是”星球大战日” |
[00:28] | May the 4th be with you, right? | 愿5月4日[原力]与你同在 对吧 |
[00:30] | – How could I forget! – That’s right! | -我居然忘了 -没错 |
[00:31] | – I gotta go shopping. – I love “Star Wars” Day. | -我得去大采购 -我喜欢”星球大战日” |
[00:32] | – So do I! – No, no. | -我也是 -不 不 |
[00:34] | – How did I forget? – Can I give you a hint? | -我怎么没想起来 -要我给你们个提示吗 |
[00:36] | Yep, nothing brought us kids closer | 没错 没什么能比利用母亲节 |
[00:37] | than using Mother’s Day to torture Beverly Goldberg. | 折磨贝弗莉·金伯格更让我们团结一致了 |
[00:39] | What? You’re home from school already? | 什么 已经到你们放学的时间了吗 |
[00:42] | What a surprise. | 真意外 |
[00:44] | I was just going through these beautiful handwritten cards | 我刚刚在翻看你们差不多正好一年前 |
[00:46] | you gave me almost a year ago exactly. | 送我的这些漂亮的手写贺卡 |
[00:48] | Maybe you should come and take a closer look at this cards, | 或许你们也该仔细看看这些贺卡 |
[00:51] | get a sense of what they’re about | 感受一下它们的主题是什么 |
[00:52] | and how they make me feel? | 会带给我什么样的感觉 |
[00:53] | Enough jibber-jabber. | 不要再说这些没用的了 |
[00:55] | I need a pre-dinner meal — | 我需要在晚餐前加一餐 |
[00:56] | maybe something that’ll lay a nice base, | 给我做点适合垫肚子的东西吧 |
[00:58] | like pancakes. | 比如薄饼 |
[00:59] | Screw it. I give up. | 去他的 我放弃了 |
[01:01] | Murray, you are taking me to that Latin place | 默里 这个周六晚上 |
[01:03] | on Saturday night, and we are gonna cha-cha | 你带我去那家拉丁舞厅 我们跳恰恰舞去 |
[01:05] | ’cause these kids are ungrateful. | 因为这些孩子们太不懂得感恩了 |
[01:06] | No, I am not going to cha-cha. | 不要 我不要跳恰恰舞 |
[01:08] | Oh, you will cha-cha, and I will be dipped. | 你必须跳恰恰舞 你还要抱着我下腰 |
[01:11] | And you won’t drop me this time. | 这次不许害我摔跤 |
[01:14] | All right, you’ve had enough fun, you morons. | 好了 玩笑开够了 你们这些白痴 |
[01:16] | Go tell your mom that you know it’s Mother’s Day. | 去告诉你们老妈你们知道母亲节到了 |
[01:18] | Aw, but we look forward to torturing her all year long. | 但我们盼着折磨她盼了一年了 |
[01:21] | It’s one of our better family traditions. | 在我们的家庭传统节目里这算有趣的了 |
[01:23] | Do it! | 快去 |
[01:24] | Hey, Mom? | 老妈 |
[01:25] | We just realized that Mother’s Day is this weekend. | 我们刚刚意识到这周末就是母亲节了 |
[01:29] | What? I had no idea. | 什么 我都没注意 |
[01:32] | Oh, I can’t believe you remembered. | 我真不敢相信你们居然记得 |
[01:34] | Oh, I just love my children so much. | 我爱死我的宝贝们了 |
[01:36] | Here comes a tearful hug. | 热泪盈眶的拥抱来了 |
[01:38] | Sacrifice the nerd and run! | 牺牲那个宅男逃命去 |
[01:39] | Oh, my favorite! | 我最喜欢的宝贝 |
[01:42] | Tell my story! | 让我的英勇故事流传下去 |
[01:57] | It was May 3, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的5月3日 |
[01:59] | and my brother and his pals were about to watch | 我哥和他的伙伴们正准备观看 |
[02:01] | the most famous TV movie of the decade. | 八十年代最著名的电视电影 |
[02:03] | Dad, I demand you give me the remote | 爸 我命令你把遥控器给我 |
[02:06] | and go make us nachos as we watch your TV without you. | 让我们看你的电视并去厨房给我们做玉米片 |
[02:08] | No. | 不要 |
[02:09] | Did you really think that would work? | 你真的以为他会照做吗 |
[02:11] | Yes! Now we’re gonna miss the whole movie. | 是的 现在我们要错过整部电影了 |
[02:12] | I got a Sony Watchman. | 我有台索尼随身看 |
[02:13] | All we need is nine batteries. | 我们只需要九节电池 |
[02:14] | All we need is nine batteries. | 我们只需要九节电池 |
[02:16] | What are you dummies going on about? | 你们这些笨蛋要看什么 |
[02:17] | Tonight, they’re airing a gnarly made-for-TV movie | 今晚要播低成本制作 只在电视上放的 |
[02:19] | called “The Day After,” | 《浩劫之后》 |
[02:21] | where America’s in a nuclear war with Russia. | 讲的是美国和苏联展开核战争 |
[02:23] | – Ka-boom! – America! | -大爆炸 -美国万岁 |
[02:24] | Jason Robards, y’all! | 杰森·罗巴兹主演 |
[02:25] | All of the teachers at school warned us not to see it, | 全校老师都警告我们不要看 |
[02:27] | so we have to watch it to send a clear message of “Suck it.” | 所以我们必须要看 以明确表示”去他的” |
[02:30] | If I say yes, will you shut up? | 如果我同意 你能闭嘴吗 |
[02:32] | This is gonna rock! | 肯定爽呆了 |
[02:33] | But it did not rock. Not at all. | 但不爽 一点也不爽 |
[02:35] | This does not rock. Not at all! | 不爽 一点也不爽 |
[02:39] | Turns out, “The Day After” | 原来《浩劫之后》 |
[02:40] | was a terrifying and all-too-real depiction | 特别恐怖特别真实地讲述了 |
[02:42] | of a small town just like ours facing the fallout | 一个像我们这样的小镇 不得不面对 |
[02:45] | after the President waged a horrible nuclear war. | 总统发动恐怖核战后的命运 |
[02:48] | – Too real. – War is bad. | -太真实了 -战争太恐怖了 |
[02:50] | – So scared. – I’ll never be okay. | -太吓人了 -我这辈子都不会好了 |
[02:52] | I like that Steve Guttenberg. | 我喜欢这个斯蒂夫·古根伯格 |
[02:53] | He’s got a lot of range. | 他戏路特别宽 |
[02:54] | Dad, don’t you care about what you just saw? | 爸 你不在意我们刚刚看到的一切吗 |
[02:57] | There could be a mushroom cloud outside our window at any moment! | 我们窗外随时可能炸出一朵蘑菇云 |
[02:59] | I say, “Bring on the cloud,” | 要我说 “蘑菇云快来吧” |
[03:01] | ’cause then maybe you’ll shut up | 因为没准炸完你就闭嘴了 |
[03:02] | and I can get back to watching my shows. | 我就能继续看我的节目了 |
[03:04] | That night, the entire country watched that movie, | 那一晚 全国观众都看了那部电影 |
[03:07] | and legit panic ensued. | 全民恐慌随之而来 |
[03:08] | Okay, students, even though we warned you all | 好了 同学们 尽管我们警告你们大家 |
[03:10] | not to watch that terrifying TV movie, | 不要看那部恐怖的电视电影 |
[03:12] | apparently everyone in this school did, | 但显然全校同学和其他一亿观众 |
[03:15] | as well as 100 million other people. | 都看了那部电影 |
[03:16] | Therefore, we are going to have an emergency meeting | 所以我们要召开紧急会议 |
[03:20] | entitled “The Day After ‘The Day After.'” | 主题是”浩劫之后之后” |
[03:22] | Of course, the gym is booked, | 当然 体育馆先订给别人了 |
[03:24] | so it’ll be “The Day After The Day After ‘The Day After.'” | 所以只能等到”浩劫之后之后之后”了 |
[03:26] | So, Wednesday. | 也就是周三 |
[03:27] | Oh, my God. How are you? | 我的天 你还好吗 |
[03:29] | I had nightmares all night. | 我做了一夜噩梦 |
[03:30] | I didn’t watch the movie. | 我没看那部电影 |
[03:32] | I spent the night organizing my Garbage Pail Kids | 我昨晚把垃圾桶小破孩收藏卡 |
[03:34] | into a protective binder. | 整理进硬壳文件夹 |
[03:35] | Don’t want you to feel like things are going too fast, | 我不想让你觉得我太猴急 |
[03:37] | but this is our nest egg. | 但以后咱就指望这个养老了 |
[03:39] | Well, after watching that movie, | 看过那部电影后 |
[03:40] | I realized we don’t have any time to waste. | 我意识到我们没有时间可以浪费 |
[03:43] | We should have our first kiss, | 我们是时候体验初吻的感觉了 |
[03:44] | right here, right now. | 此时 此刻 |
[03:45] | We talking cheek or lips? | 吻在脸颊上还是嘴唇上 |
[03:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:55] | I’m a big fan-big fan of you. | 我是你的头号粉丝 |
[03:58] | Listen, my parents are renting a house at the shore this weekend. | 我父母这周末要在海边租间度假屋 |
[04:01] | Come with me. | 和我一起来吧 |
[04:02] | We’ll spend each moment like it’s our last. | 让我们把共度的每一刻都当成最后一刻 |
[04:04] | What is the deal with this movie? | 这部电影到底有什么魔力 |
[04:05] | My mom said I could bring someone, | 我妈说我可以带个朋友 |
[04:07] | – so I choose you. – Well, okay, then! | -我带你去 -那太好了 |
[04:12] | “The Day After” is the best movie ever! | 《浩劫之后》是史上最棒的电影 |
[04:15] | Oh, my God, she just invited you down the shore! | 我的天 她邀请你去海边共度良宵 |
[04:19] | I know, Dave Kim. | 我知道 金戴夫 |
[04:20] | But your mom will never say yes. | 但你妈肯定不会同意 |
[04:21] | I know, Dave Kim! | 我知道 金戴夫 |
[04:22] | – You gotta think of something. – I know, Dave Kim. | -你得想想办法 -我知道 金戴夫 |
[04:24] | Lucky for me, the timing was perfect. | 走运的是 时机刚刚好 |
[04:27] | It was Mother’s Day. | 母亲节快到了 |
[04:28] | I’d strike hard and fast with a schmaltzy gift | 我又快又狠地赶制出一份煽情的礼物 |
[04:30] | featuring the vocal power of Bette Midler. | 再加上贝特·米德勒的金嗓子加持 |
[04:33] | It would make my mom say yes to anything. | 我妈看了肯定对我有求必应 |
[04:35] | * I can fly higher than an eagle * | *我可以飞得比雄鹰更高* |
[04:43] | * ‘Cause you are the wind beneath my wings * | *因为你就是我羽翼下的清风* |
[04:50] | Unfortunately, my sister had the exact same plan. | 不幸的是 我姐也有一样的计划 |
[04:53] | This is pandering garbage! You can’t do this. | 这垃圾根本是拍马屁 你不能给她看 |
[04:55] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[04:56] | Because I’m working on my own pandering garbage | 因为我也在准备拍马屁的垃圾 |
[04:58] | so that Mom will let me go to college 5,000 miles away. | 好让老妈同意我去八千公里外读大学 |
[05:01] | Emory is in Georgia. | 乔治亚州的埃默里大学 |
[05:02] | That’s why I need to ask her on Mother’s Day, | 所以我得在母亲节问她同不同意 |
[05:04] | when she’s all buttered up and distracted. | 因为那天我们拍的马屁分散了她的注意力 |
[05:06] | But we can’t both lower Mom’s defenses | 但我们不能同时利用不诚实的 |
[05:08] | with an insincere, theatrical show of our love. | 戏剧性的方式展示爱意来降低她的警戒心 |
[05:10] | Well, you’re just gonna have to back down. | 你得放弃了 |
[05:12] | Your dumb thing is way less important than college. | 你的破事比起大学的重要性差远了 |
[05:15] | But when will I have the chance | 但我什么时候才能再有机会 |
[05:16] | to rub cocoa butter on my lady’s shoulders again? | 在我女友的肩膀上擦可可油呢 |
[05:18] | Honestly, I can’t imagine you ever will. | 说实话 我从来没觉得你会有机会 |
[05:20] | But still, this is my whole future. | 但话说回来 这是我的未来 |
[05:22] | Okay, fine. I’ll back down. | 好吧 我放弃 |
[05:24] | But only ’cause you’re my sister | 只是因为你是我姐 |
[05:26] | and I love you, so I’ll let you have this one. | 我爱你 这次让你赢 |
[05:28] | And you lose, sucker! | 你输了 笨蛋 |
[05:29] | – Adam, stop! – You stop! | -亚当 停下 -你停下 |
[05:31] | Stop! | 停下 |
[05:32] | Okay, everyone, | 好了 各位 |
[05:34] | welcome to “The Day After” emergency assembly. | 欢迎参加《浩劫之后》的紧急大会 |
[05:38] | First of all, I just want to assure you | 首先 我向大家保证 |
[05:40] | that everything is gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[05:42] | It will not be okay! | 才怪 |
[05:44] | There’s nowhere to hide in a nuclear winter! | 在核冬天是无处躲藏的 |
[05:46] | What Coach means is | 教练的意思是 |
[05:47] | that there could be a nuclear winter, | 可能会有核冬天 |
[05:49] | but it definitely won’t happen. | 但肯定不会发生的 |
[05:50] | Till it does. | 直到发生了 |
[05:51] | Does not, because it was just a movie. | 不会 因为这只是电影 |
[05:53] | That will, for sure, come true. | 电影内容绝对会成真的 |
[05:55] | Look, I know a lot of you are scared | 我知道你们很多人害怕 |
[05:56] | that the President is gonna snap, push a button, | 总统会发怒 按下核弹按钮 |
[05:58] | and incinerate us all, | 把我们烧成灰烬 |
[06:00] | but I assure you, it will not happen. | 但我向大家保证 这不会发生的 |
[06:02] | When it does, I’ll be safe and snug in my fallout shelter | 发生后 我会在我的避难所里安全舒服地待着 |
[06:06] | while the rest of you mutants scrounge for cockroaches. | 你们这些人慢慢变异 到处找蟑螂吃 |
[06:09] | What, you got no argument for that one? | 怎么 无话可说了吗 |
[06:12] | No, you’re right. | 不 你是对的 |
[06:13] | That movie has shaken me to my core. | 这部电影震撼了我的灵魂 |
[06:14] | I have so many regrets. | 我有太多的后悔 |
[06:16] | You got about a week to fix ’em, Andre. | 你还有大概一周时间补救 安德烈 |
[06:18] | Well, let’s start with that one right there. | 先从这个开始 |
[06:19] | My name is not Andre. | 我不叫安德烈 |
[06:22] | I only said it was in college | 我在大学时这样说 |
[06:23] | to make myself seem more interesting to the ladies. | 是为了让女生们更注意我 |
[06:26] | – Let it out! – My name is Jonathan! | -说出来 -我叫乔纳森 |
[06:28] | And I love you, Lunch Lady Bernice! | 我爱你 午餐大婶柏妮丝 |
[06:30] | Are you out there? | 你在吗 |
[06:33] | You’re probably mashing potatoes. | 你可能在做土豆泥 |
[06:36] | Oh, boy. | 老天 |
[06:37] | Okay, this day is a wash. | 好了 今天就这样吧 |
[06:40] | Everybody go home and hug your loved ones. | 大家回家去拥抱心爱的人 |
[06:44] | I know I should be happy to have the day off, | 我知道今天放假我应该开心 |
[06:46] | but I’m, like, genuinely terrified. | 但我真心害怕 |
[06:47] | Me too. I feel so helpless. | 我也是 我觉得好无助 |
[06:49] | I never even got to party in Daytona. | 我都还没参加代托纳的派对 |
[06:51] | While Barry was desperate to survive nuclear war, | 巴瑞绝望地想在核战争中生存时 |
[06:53] | I was using Mother’s Day as a weapon | 我利用母亲节作为武器 |
[06:55] | to get what I wanted. | 获得我想要的 |
[07:00] | Did you like my movie, Mama? | 你喜欢我的电影吗 妈妈 |
[07:01] | I loved it so much, I wanna crush your little face! | 我太爱了 我要压扁你的小脸 |
[07:04] | Apropos of nothing, | 突然想到 |
[07:06] | can I ask you a totally random question? | 我能问一个完全无关的问题吗 |
[07:08] | Anything, sweetie. | 随便什么 宝贝 |
[07:10] | Well, I have a really big favor to — | 我有个不情之请 |
[07:12] | Mom! | 妈 |
[07:13] | I got into Emory, and I wanna go to Emory, | 我被埃默里大学录取了 我想去 |
[07:15] | so I need a check for Emory so I can go to Emory. | 我需要给学校的支票 这样我能上学 |
[07:16] | And Happy Mother’s Day. I love you, snuggle, snuggle! | 母亲节快乐 我爱你 抱抱 |
[07:18] | Aah! Oh, yes! | 太棒了 |
[07:20] | My baby’s going to college! | 我的宝贝要上大学了 |
[07:22] | What?! No! No, no, no, no. | 什么 不不不 |
[07:25] | Adam, be happy for your sister. | 亚当 为你姐姐开心 |
[07:26] | – This is a huge day. – No, no, no, no, no! | -今天是大日子 -不不不 |
[07:28] | Don’t make it about me. It’s your day, Mommy. | 今天我不是重点 你才是 妈咪 |
[07:30] | No! No, no, no, no, no, no! | 不不不不 |
[07:33] | Emory may be a thousand miles away, | 虽说埃默里远在千里之外 |
[07:35] | but with the love of my children and 20 flights a year, | 但有孩子的爱 以及一年飞20次 |
[07:39] | we will manage. | 我们可以的 |
[07:41] | I’m gonna get my pilot’s license. | 我要去考飞行员执照 |
[07:44] | Um, Mama, know what else is exciting? | 妈妈 知道还有什么激动的事吗 |
[07:47] | Jackie invited me down the shore next weekend. | 杰基邀请我下周末去海边 |
[07:49] | Oh, no, no. | 不不 |
[07:50] | Your sister is going away to college. | 你姐要出门上大学了 |
[07:52] | That’s enough excitement for one Mother’s Day. | 母亲节有一件这么激动的事就够了 |
[07:54] | But I made up a whole tap routine | 但我编了整套踢踏舞动作 |
[07:56] | celebrating my love for you on this special day. | 在这个特殊的节日欢庆我对你的爱 |
[08:03] | You love your little baby boopie tapping his piggy wiggies. | 你爱看你的小宝贝踢踢小细腿 |
[08:10] | Thank you, Mama. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[08:13] | Happy Mother’s Day. | 母亲节快乐 |
[08:14] | You will pay dearly for this. | 你会付出代价的 |
[08:16] | ♪ Emory, Emory ♪ | 埃默里 埃默里 |
[08:21] | While everyone was afraid our president would lead us to war, | 所有人害怕总统会把我们带向战争 |
[08:24] | my big bro would lead his loved ones to safety. | 我的哥哥要带领他爱的人走向安全 |
[08:27] | – Fellow members of the JTP… – JTP! | -JTP的各位成员 -JTP |
[08:29] | – …and the love of my life, Lainey… – Lainey! | -还有我的挚爱兰妮 -兰妮 |
[08:31] | – Don’t do that. – Sorry! | -别这样 -对不起 |
[08:32] | …I know you’re all worried about a nuclear apocalypse | 我知道大家看完那部可怕的电视电影后 |
[08:34] | after seeing that scary movie on TV, | 都担心核世界末日 |
[08:36] | but I want you to know everything will be okay. | 但我希望大家知道 不会有事的 |
[08:38] | I call it Barry’s Bunker. | 我称之为巴瑞地堡 |
[08:40] | Sadly, there’s limited room in the bunker, | 很遗憾 地堡空间有限 |
[08:42] | so some of you will be left outside to melt | 你们中有人会在外面熔化 |
[08:44] | or be eaten by post-apocalyptic zombies. | 或被世界末日后的僵尸吃掉 |
[08:46] | So, who goes and who stays? | 谁走谁留 |
[08:48] | Obviously, you’re in, ’cause you’re my foxy lady, | 显然你留下 因为你是我的漂亮女友 |
[08:50] | but the rest of you much prove your worth. | 但剩下的人要证明自己的价值 |
[08:53] | Geoff Schwartz, what skills do you have? | 杰克·施瓦兹 你有什么技能 |
[08:54] | I know which berries are poisonous, | 我知道哪些浆果有毒 |
[08:56] | ’cause I once ate some bad ones. | 因为我曾经吃过有毒的 |
[08:57] | Super useful. Next, Naked Rob. | 超有用 下一个 裸罗伯 |
[08:59] | What skills do you have? And don’t say “Being naked.” | 你有什么技能 别说裸着 |
[09:02] | Come back to me. | 等下再来 |
[09:03] | Andy, clearly you’re in, ’cause you have tiny little fingers | 安迪 显然你留下 因为你的手指纤小 |
[09:06] | that are perfect for shelling nuts. | 适合剥尖果 |
[09:08] | Plus, you can sleep in a drawer. | 而且你可以睡在抽屉里 |
[09:09] | Very insulted, but it’s more important to live. | 太侮辱人了 但活着更重要 |
[09:12] | Matt Bradley, looks like you’re in serious trouble here. | 马特·布莱德利 看来你有麻烦了 |
[09:14] | I was an Eagle Scout and a lifeguard, | 我是鹰级童子军 救生员 |
[09:16] | and I learned how to frame a house | 我参加仁爱之家活动时 |
[09:17] | when I did Habitat for Humanity. | 学会了搭建房子 |
[09:19] | Fine, I guess you could cook or something. | 好吧 我想你可以做饭什么的 |
[09:20] | Well! I’m glad you’re all here, | 我真高兴你们都在 |
[09:22] | ’cause I have something very important to tell you. | 因为我有重要事要告诉你们 |
[09:25] | – Get out! – Don’t worry, guys. | -滚 -别担心 各位 |
[09:27] | We won’t have to deal with this joker | 我们在钛合金加固地堡时 |
[09:28] | when we’re in our titanium-reinforced bunker. | 就不用理会这个小丑了 |
[09:30] | You do know I raised myself since I was six, | 你知道我从6岁开始就养活自己吧 |
[09:32] | so if there’s an end-of-the-world situation, | 如果真有世界末日 |
[09:35] | you’d want me there real bad. | 你会超级需要我 |
[09:37] | Yelling at a sandwich for having too much mustard on it | 对着三明治大吼上面芥末太多 |
[09:39] | is not a skill. | 不是技能 |
[09:41] | Well, I can repair a radio, | 我会修收音机 |
[09:42] | rebuild an engine, swing a hammer, | 改造引擎 挥锤子 |
[09:44] | catch a fish, start a fire with small sticks. | 捉鱼 用小棍子生火 |
[09:46] | What can you do? | 你能做什么 |
[09:47] | I can basically do anything. | 我什么不行啊 |
[09:48] | I can break-dance, | 我会跳霹雳舞 |
[09:50] | kick a light switch on and off, | 飞踢电灯开关 |
[09:53] | use a hockey stick as an old-timey cane. | 把冰球棍当作过去的拐杖 |
[09:55] | Sweetie, those aren’t really survival skills | 亲爱的 这些不是生存技能 |
[09:57] | as much as they are adorable things I love about you. | 顶多算是我喜欢你的可爱之处 |
[09:59] | Whatever. I’m your leader. | 随便 我是你们的领袖 |
[10:01] | That’s my skill. | 这是我的技能 |
[10:02] | It kind of seems like your dad’s our leader, | 似乎你爸是我们的领袖 |
[10:04] | ’cause he’s the oldest and wisest | 他最年长最有智慧 |
[10:05] | and actually knows how to survive. | 知道如何生存 |
[10:06] | It’s settled. Your dad will keep us safe | 就这么定了 变异僵尸进攻时 |
[10:08] | when the mutant zombies attack. | 你爸会保证我们的安全 |
[10:09] | – Okay. – Fine! | -好 -行 |
[10:10] | I don’t need you or food or water. | 我不需要你们 不需要水和食物 |
[10:13] | I can sustain my life on my own awesomeness. | 我的优秀可以让我活下去 |
[10:15] | As Barry stormed off in a fury, | 巴瑞愤怒退场 |
[10:17] | I’d strike back at Erica for stealing my thunder. | 我则还击爱丽卡 抢了我的风头 |
[10:20] | Armed with my high-tech VHS editing gear, | 运用高科技的录像带编辑设备 |
[10:22] | I’d manipulate my mom | 我会用更经典的 |
[10:23] | with an even-more-epic Mother’s Day video. | 母亲节视频来操控我妈妈 |
[10:26] | Whatcha up to, schmoopa-lumpa? | 你在做什么 宝贝 |
[10:27] | Oh, I’m just finishing up a little goodbye video for Erica. | 我刚完成了爱丽卡的送别视频 |
[10:31] | It’s a little early for goodbyes, | 现在送别有点早吧 |
[10:32] | – wouldn’t you say? – Well, before you know it, | -不是吗 -眨眼间 |
[10:34] | she’ll be gone to college and only coming home on holidays. | 她就去上大学了 只在节假日回来 |
[10:36] | – I guess that’s true. – And then, junior year, | -我想是这样的 -然后大三 |
[10:38] | she’ll fall for a handsome Southern fella | 她会爱上英俊的南方人 |
[10:40] | and get married, | 然后结婚 |
[10:41] | and then she’ll see his family for the holidays. | 然后会在节假日去见他的家人 |
[10:43] | But then I won’t see her at all. | 那我就完全见不到她了 |
[10:44] | Well, she’ll come home occasionally | 她会偶尔回家的 |
[10:45] | until she has kids | 直到她有了孩子 |
[10:47] | and then travel gets too hard with the twins. | 带着双胞胎出门太麻烦了 |
[10:49] | Well, the twins are as much mine as they are hers. | 双胞胎是她的也是我的 |
[10:51] | – She’s gotta visit! – She has no time. | -她得回来探望 -她没时间 |
[10:53] | The twins are in school, | 双胞胎上学了 |
[10:55] | and Erica got a job working the front office there | 爱丽卡在学校找了份文职工作 |
[10:57] | and it’s way too consuming. | 太累人了 |
[10:58] | Anyhow, let’s watch that movie. | 总之 我们来看看影片 |
[11:00] | Lucky for me, I was able to use | 好在 我可以利用 |
[11:03] | the cheesiest effects the 80’s had to offer. | 八十年代仅有的最五毛钱特效 |
[11:05] | Stop it! I’m trying to eat my Count Chocula! | 别拍了 我正在吃麦圈 |
[11:08] | And I showed my mom a world without Erica. | 我让妈妈看到了没有爱丽卡的世界 |
[11:10] | What did I tell you?! Stop filming me… | 我跟你说了什么 别拍我了 |
[11:15] | I’m taking a Spanish quiz! I will kill you! | 我在考西班牙语 我要杀了你 |
[11:19] | Okay, I don’t know what this is, but you better stop… | 我不知道你在干嘛 你最好停下 |
[11:23] | I can’t wait to leave this house and never come back! | 我等不及离开这个家 永远不再回来 |
[11:25] | Get out! | 滚 |
[11:31] | Oh, my God! What have I done? | 我的天 我做了什么 |
[11:36] | I told my baby girl | 我告诉我的宝贝女儿 |
[11:38] | she could move away from the family, | 她可以离开这个家 |
[11:40] | and now I’ll never see her or the twins | 现在我再也见不到她和双胞胎了 |
[11:42] | because of that damn desk job at the school. | 因为那该死的学校的办公室工作 |
[11:46] | Are you just giving up? | 你放弃了吗 |
[11:47] | That’s not the Beverly Goldberg I know. | 这可不是我认识的贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[11:50] | Oh, my God, you’re so right. | 我的天 你太对了 |
[11:52] | I gotta get back that envelope she put in the mail! | 我得拿回她放进邮筒的信 |
[11:55] | Also, can I go to the beach with Jackie this weekend? | 还有 这周末我能和杰基去海滩吗 |
[11:57] | Yes, fine, do whatever! I gotta get my baby back! | 行 随便 我得把我的宝贝找回来 |
[12:03] | Who designed these things? | 这是谁设计的 |
[12:05] | They’re impossible to get into. | 根本不可能伸进去 |
[12:06] | Uh, ma’am? Can I help you? | 女士 有什么需要帮忙的 |
[12:08] | Yes. I accidentally dropped something in here, | 有 我不小心掉东西进去了 |
[12:10] | and I desperately need to get it back. | 我必须拿回来 |
[12:12] | Oh, yeah. Was it your keys? | 好的 是钥匙吗 |
[12:14] | You’d be surprised how many people — | 你绝对想不到有多少人… |
[12:16] | Actually, it’s that letter right there from Erica Goldberg. | 是爱丽卡·金伯格寄出去的这封信 |
[12:18] | She’s my little baby girl. | 她是我的宝贝女儿 |
[12:20] | Do you have any I.D.? We can’t just give out mail. | 你有身份证明吗 我们不能随便给邮件 |
[12:23] | It’s a federal offense and all. | 这是联邦罪行 |
[12:24] | Obviously, I knew that, | 显然我知道 |
[12:26] | which is why I’m just gonna — | 所以我要… |
[12:28] | Hey! I know where you live! | 我知道你住在哪里 |
[12:30] | I don’t give a | 我不在乎 |
[12:32] | As my mom was running away from a felony, | 我妈逃离重罪时 |
[12:33] | Barry ran to the smartest man he knew. | 巴瑞去找他认识的最聪明的人 |
[12:35] | Pops! We need to talk. | 老爷子 我们得谈谈 |
[12:37] | As you can see, I’ve been hard at work on the chalkboard. | 你看到了 我很努力地写黑板上的内容 |
[12:39] | Okay, why are people | 好了 为什么 |
[12:41] | always dragging chalkboards around this house? | 这个家里的人总是拖着黑板走来走去 |
[12:43] | Doesn’t matter! | 不重要 |
[12:44] | There has been a great betrayal, and I find myself bunkerless. | 我遭遇了重大背叛 发现自己没有地堡了 |
[12:47] | Just get to the chalkboard. | 说黑板上的内容 |
[12:49] | I’ve created a list of my greatest assets. | 我列出了我最宝贵的资产 |
[12:51] | Do you think they’ll help me survive | 你觉得这些将帮助我 |
[12:53] | when this world turns into a radiated, barren wasteland? | 在世界变成辐射贫瘠的荒漠后生存下去吗 |
[12:56] | Is this about that terrifying “Day After” movie? | 是因为那部吓死人的电影《浩劫之后》吗 |
[12:58] | Woof, that gave me the willies. | 让我心惊胆战 |
[13:00] | No! You’re supposed to be | 不 你应该做我 |
[13:01] | my wise and reassuring grandfather | 有智慧令人安心的外公 |
[13:03] | that tells me everything’s gonna be okay. | 告诉我不会有事的 |
[13:05] | I’d like to, Bar, but look at this list. | 我也想 小巴 但看这些清单 |
[13:07] | You don’t have a single useful skill, | 你根本没有有用的生存技能 |
[13:10] | and I’m old! | 我老了 |
[13:11] | We’ll be the first to go when the end comes. | 末日来临时 最先死的就是我们 |
[13:13] | – That’s not comforting. – Tell me about it. | -这话完全不能安慰人 -那可不是 |
[13:16] | What are we gonna do? | 我们要怎么办 |
[13:17] | I got kicked out of Dad’s pretend bunker, | 我被踢出了爸的假想地堡 |
[13:19] | – which I pretended first. – That’s it. | -还是我先假想的 -有了 |
[13:21] | We’ll build our own bunker in the basement. | 我们在地下室建自己的地堡 |
[13:23] | Dad will never allow that. | 爸不会同意的 |
[13:25] | Then, you just gotta convince him. | 那你得说服他 |
[13:26] | – To the chalkboard! – To the chalkboard! | -去黑板 -去黑板 |
[13:28] | – Oh, it’s here. – There it is. | -在这 -就在这里 |
[13:32] | Emory is gonna be so awesome. | 埃默里一定非常棒 |
[13:33] | Check out the brochure. | 看宣传手册 |
[13:34] | They have an incredible music program, | 那里有非常棒的音乐课程 |
[13:36] | and a brand-new recording studio that’s open to undergrads. | 还有全新的录音室 对本科生开放 |
[13:39] | Or, funner idea, you stick around here | 更有趣的主意 你留在这里 |
[13:42] | and attend the local junior college/welding academy. | 上本地的大专兼焊接学院 |
[13:46] | Aww, that’s sweet. You’re gonna miss me. | 真甜蜜 你会想我的 |
[13:47] | But too bad the check’s in the mail | 只可惜支票已经寄出去了 |
[13:49] | and that ship has sailed. | 木已成舟 |
[13:51] | Here’s the thing about that check. | 关于支票嘛 |
[13:54] | What is my college deposit doing back in this house?! | 为什么我的大学预付款回到了家里 |
[13:57] | It’s a funny story, really. | 说起来很有趣 真的 |
[13:58] | There is zero chance | 根本不可能 |
[14:00] | that this story will amuse and delight me — zero! | 这个故事会让我觉得好笑 不可能 |
[14:02] | Well it was in the mail. | 信的确放进邮筒里了 |
[14:04] | but I thought “I don’t want it in the mail.” | 但是我想 我不想放进邮筒 |
[14:08] | So I took it out of the mail. | 所以我拿了出来 |
[14:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:12] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[14:13] | Why?! Why?! | 为什么 为什么 |
[14:15] | A certain unnamed schmoopie showed me a video | 一个匿名小宝贝让我看了一段视频 |
[14:18] | and made me realize that going to Georgia | 让我意识到去乔治亚州 |
[14:20] | is a bad decision for us. | 对我们来说是个坏决定 |
[14:22] | Me. | 对我来说 |
[14:24] | But wait. | 等等 |
[14:25] | I wrote a Mother’s Day song that celebrates my love for you. | 我写了首母亲节的歌 来欢庆我对你的爱 |
[14:27] | Just, please, listen. Um… | 请听 |
[14:30] | ♪ For she’s a jolly good mother ♪ | 她是位非常好的母亲 |
[14:32] | ♪ For she’s a jolly good mother ♪ | 她是位非常好的母亲 |
[14:34] | ♪ For she’s a jolly good mother ♪ | 她是位非常好的母亲 |
[14:36] | ♪ Please let me go to college far away ♪ | 请让我去远方读大学 |
[14:38] | No. | 不 |
[14:40] | – ♪ That no mother can… ♪ – Denied. | -没有母亲可以 -拒绝 |
[14:41] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[14:44] | Bust out that zinc, ’cause your man | 找出防晒霜 因为你男友 |
[14:46] | is going to the shore with you next weekend. | 下周末陪你去海滩 |
[14:48] | That’s amazing! | 太棒了 |
[14:50] | You ruined my life! | 你毁了我的人生 |
[14:51] | Erica, how are things, dear sister? | 爱丽卡 你好吗 亲爱的姐姐 |
[14:53] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[14:54] | Well, your little beach bud made it | 你的沙滩小伙伴成功了 |
[14:56] | so that I can’t go to the college of my dreams | 我不能去上我理想中的大学 |
[14:58] | just so he can suck face with you in the sand. | 这样他可以在沙滩上亲你 |
[15:00] | Her words! | 这是她说的 |
[15:01] | But I wouldn’t be opposed to it. | 但我不会反对 |
[15:03] | I hope it was worth it, because you just lost a sister. | 希望这样做值得 因为你刚失去了姐姐 |
[15:07] | – My Teddy Grahams! – What was that? | -我的小熊饼干 -什么 |
[15:09] | They’re little graham-cracker cookies | 全麦酥饼 |
[15:11] | shaped like teddy bears. | 样子像泰迪熊 |
[15:12] | No, I know what Teddy Grahams are, Adam. | 我知道小熊饼干是什么 亚当 |
[15:14] | I meant with your sister. | 我是说你姐姐 |
[15:15] | I kinda made a video that ruined college for her | 我做了段视频 让她上不了大学 |
[15:17] | so we could hit the beach. | 这样我们可以去海滩 |
[15:18] | Anyway, does it get cold at night? | 话说回来 晚上冷吗 |
[15:20] | – Should I bring a jacket? – Um, that’s horrible. | -我要带外套吗 -太可怕了 |
[15:23] | Yeah, it doesn’t sound that great when I hear it out loud. | 说出来的确不对劲 |
[15:25] | Maybe a windbreaker, ’cause the ocean breeze. | 也许要带风衣 因为海边风大 |
[15:27] | I actually think it’s best that I do my own thing for a while. | 我想我独处一段时间是最好的 |
[15:36] | After his talk with Pops, Barry was determined | 和老爷子谈过后 巴瑞决心 |
[15:38] | to brilliantly trick my dad into building a bunker. | 华丽丽地骗我爸 同意建地堡 |
[15:41] | Hey! What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[15:43] | Sorry, had a hard day. | 抱歉 今天很不顺 |
[15:44] | Thought I’d catch up on some world events by listening to the radio. | 想着听听广播 了解天下大事 |
[15:48] | Beeeeeeeeep! This is not a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. | 哔 这不是紧急广播系统的测试 |
[15:52] | Oh, no, this is real and completely serious, | 不 这是真的 很严重 |
[15:56] | ’cause the newscaster said so! | 广播是这样说的 |
[15:57] | We have confirmation from President Reagan | 我们已经从里根总统处确认 |
[15:59] | that Russia has launched a bunch of nukes at Jenkintown, | 苏联已经对珍金镇发射了一批核弹 |
[16:02] | just like in that movie we all saw. | 就像我们都看过的那部电影一样 |
[16:03] | It’s happening right now as we speak, | 说话的时候 这事已经发生了 |
[16:05] | live, here in the ’80s. | 八十年代实况报道 |
[16:06] | I know, Dad. This is a very scary moment. | 我知道 爸 这是令人恐惧的时刻 |
[16:10] | It’s so real, I don’t know what to do. | 太真实了 我不知道怎么办 |
[16:12] | I only made that incredibly authentic newscast | 我制作这段听起来完全真实的广播 |
[16:17] | to scare you into seeing the truth. | 就是为了吓你 让你看到事实 |
[16:20] | I told you you’re not building a dopey bunker in the basement. | 我跟你说了不能在地下室建白痴地堡 |
[16:22] | Thank you for keeping an open mind. | 谢谢你保持开明的思想 |
[16:24] | I will also need money for the following items. | 我需要钱买以下物品 |
[16:26] | “700 pounds of poured concrete, lifetime supply of potatoes, | 700磅浇灌混凝土 够终生食用的土豆 |
[16:30] | seven bottles of ketchup for the potatoes…” | 配土豆的7瓶番茄酱 |
[16:32] | There’s one in the fridge. Just take that and go. | 冰箱有一瓶 拿上走人 |
[16:34] | There’s more. We need, “A chicken, | 还有 我们需要一只鸡 |
[16:36] | a cage for the chicken, medicine for the chicken, | 鸡笼子 鸡的药 |
[16:38] | a chicken exercise-wheel, | 鸡的锻炼滚轮 |
[16:40] | a lady chicken to keep the other chicken company.” | 让其他鸡有伴的母鸡 |
[16:42] | Please stop asking me to build a life for this chicken! | 请别再要求我为这只鸡创造完美人生 |
[16:46] | – Did he say yes to the bunker? – I said no! | -他同意建地堡吗 -我说不行 |
[16:48] | Did you tell him about the chicken? | 你说了鸡的事吗 |
[16:49] | I don’t wanna hear about the chicken! | 我不想听 |
[16:51] | The chicken’s the whole thing! | 鸡是最重要的 |
[16:52] | He doesn’t care about the chicken! | 他不关心什么鸡 |
[16:54] | Murray, just buy the boy a chicken. | 默里 给这孩子买只鸡 |
[16:56] | No chicken! It’s just a movie, Barry. | 不买 这只是一部电影 巴瑞 |
[16:58] | Look me in the eye and tell me for sure — | 看着我的眼睛 肯定地告诉我 |
[17:01] | for absolute sure — that this will never happen. | 完全肯定地告诉我 这种事永远不会发生 |
[17:08] | That’s what I thought. | 和我想的一样 |
[17:10] | With that, my dad realized how truly terrified Barry felt. | 于是 我爸知道了巴瑞有多害怕 |
[17:14] | Meanwhile, I figured it was time to make things right. | 同时 我想是时候纠正错误了 |
[17:16] | Come on, Mom, right this way. | 来吧 妈 这边 |
[17:19] | Wait, there’s no cuddle fort down here. | 慢着 这里没有抱抱堡垒 |
[17:22] | Yeah, I lied. Erica, he’s here! | 我说谎了 爱丽卡 他来了 |
[17:25] | So, where’s this cute mailman? | 帅哥邮差呢 |
[17:26] | I lied about that, too. | 我也是说谎的 |
[17:28] | We all need to sit down and talk. | 我们需要坐下谈谈 |
[17:30] | If this is another adorable video to con me, | 如果又是一段骗我的可爱的视频 |
[17:33] | it’s not gonna work. | 没用的 |
[17:34] | Actually, this one’s for both of you. | 这是为你俩准备的 |
[17:38] | Turns out, that third and final Mother’s Day gift | 结果 第三份也是最后一份母亲节的礼物 |
[17:40] | would end up being the most important gift | 将是我这辈子送出去的 |
[17:42] | I’d ever give in my whole life. | 最重要的礼物 |
[17:44] | Good job! | 真棒 |
[17:46] | Look at me, I was so young. | 看我 那么小 |
[17:49] | Not anymore. | 现在长大了 |
[17:51] | My video reminded them both | 我的视频让她俩想起 |
[17:54] | that even though the years fly and we never stop growing, | 尽管时光飞逝 我们不断成长 |
[17:57] | there are some things that will never, ever change. | 但有些事是永远永远不会改变的 |
[18:03] | You grew up so fast. | 你长得太快了 |
[18:05] | Yeah, but I’ll always be your little girl. | 对 但我永远是你的女儿 |
[18:07] | I know, and I’ll always be your mama, | 我知道 我永远是你的妈妈 |
[18:11] | no matter where you are, | 无论你在哪里 |
[18:12] | even if it’s…Georgia. | 哪怕是在乔治亚 |
[18:15] | Georgia? | 乔治亚 |
[18:17] | – You mean… – It’s like I say — | -你是说 -我说了 |
[18:18] | with the love of my children and 50 flights a year, | 孩子的爱加上一年飞50次 |
[18:21] | we’ll manage. | 我们可以的 |
[18:23] | – You said 20 flights. – We’ll figure it out. | -你说过20次 -我们会商量清楚的 |
[18:27] | In the end, my mom got her perfect Mother’s Day. | 最后 我妈拥有了完美的母亲节 |
[18:30] | Not because she held us close — | 不是因为她紧紧抱着我们 |
[18:32] | but because she learned to let go. | 而是她学会了放手 |
[18:34] | As for my dad, he finally realized | 至于我爸 他终于意识到 |
[18:37] | just what Barry needed to hear. | 巴瑞需要听什么话 |
[18:38] | Listen, I was thinking about what you said. | 听着 我一直在想你说的 |
[18:42] | And the truth is, I’m scared, too. | 事实上 我也害怕 |
[18:44] | – You are? – I’m terrified! | -是吗 -我怕死了 |
[18:46] | All I wanna do is protect my family, | 我只想保护我的家人 |
[18:48] | and the thought that I might not be able to do it — | 想到我可能做不到 |
[18:50] | that keeps me up at night. | 让我晚上睡不着 |
[18:52] | – So, what do we do? – Nothing. | -那我们能做什么 -没什么 |
[18:55] | You just gotta live the life you got | 你只能继续生活 |
[18:57] | and keep the ones you love close. | 把爱的人留在身边 |
[19:03] | I’m still scared, Dad. | 我还是害怕 爸 |
[19:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:06] | The world can be a scary, unpredictable place. | 世界令人害怕 无法预测 |
[19:09] | But if we can be there for each other, | 但如果我们能彼此支持 |
[19:11] | that’s when life can truly surprise us. | 生活会让我们大吃一惊 |
[19:14] | President Reagan has been left “Greatly depressed” | 里根总统在观看《浩劫之后》表示 |
[19:17] | after watching “The Day After” | “极度压抑” |
[19:18] | and has decided to change his policy on nuclear proliferation. | 决定改变核扩散的方针 |
[19:22] | As crazy as it seems, | 虽然看起来很疯狂 |
[19:23] | a single TV movie would end up saving the planet. | 但一部电视电影最终拯救了世界 |
[19:26] | And a little video I made in my room… | 而我在房间里制作的视频 |
[19:28] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[19:30] | …would forever change my sister’s life. | 永远改变了我姐姐的人生 |
[19:32] | And in return, she ended up saving mine. | 作为回报 她也拯救了我的人生 |
[19:37] | I talked to your sister, and she said | 我跟你姐谈过了 她说 |
[19:39] | that you aren’t a total piece of crap | 你不是彻底的混蛋 |
[19:40] | and that you actually saved her life. | 你拯救了她的人生 |
[19:42] | That’s actually pretty high praise coming from her, | 这是她对我极高的评价 |
[19:44] | but it doesn’t change the fact I was a total… | 但这不能改变事实 我曾经是一个… |
[19:50] | Uh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:52] | My…compliments to the chef. | 我向主厨致敬 |
[19:54] | Next time, maybe just don’t say anything. | 下次 不要说话 |
[19:56] | Got it. | 明白 |
[19:58] | In the end, I never got my beach adventure with my girlfriend. | 最终 我没和女友展开沙滩冒险 |
[20:02] | But it didn’t matter, ’cause I helped my sister | 但这不重要 因为我帮我姐 |
[20:04] | begin the adventure of a lifetime. | 开始了一生的冒险 |
[20:06] | Thank you, Mommy. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[20:08] | Sure, none of us knew what the future would hold, | 当然 我们没人知道未来会是怎样 |
[20:11] | but that’s what makes the journey so exciting. | 但正因如此 旅程才更令人激动 |
[20:32] | Thought you might enjoy some great tunes as you prepare our dinner. | 想着你准备晚餐时 乐意听点好听的音乐 |
[20:36] | We interrupt dinner for the Emergency Broadcast System. | 紧急广播系统打断晚餐 |
[20:40] | Oh, no! This sounds serious and real! | 不好 听起来好严重好真实 |
[20:42] | We have confirmation from the White House, | 我们从白宫得到确认 |
[20:44] | that radioactive zombies have attacked Jenkintown. | 放射性僵尸在攻击珍金镇 |
[20:47] | The military guys say the only way to outrun them | 军方的人说唯一跑得比他们快的办法 |
[20:49] | is with a pair of brand-new expensive Air Jordan sneakers. | 是穿最新出的很贵的飞人乔丹鞋 |
[20:52] | I don’t own those! I’ll be the first to go! | 我没有 我会第一个死 |
[20:55] | What should we do? | 我们怎么办 |
[20:56] | If the world’s gonna end, | 如果世界要终结 |
[20:57] | I’m gonna snuggle my baby till the zombies arrive. | 我要抱着我的宝贝 直到僵尸来 |
[21:00] | Stop! I’ll just wear my Reeboks. | 别 我穿瑞步算了 |