时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ah, Nerd love. | 宅男宅女之恋啊 |
[00:01] | The beautiful union of comic book junkies | 漫画发烧友的美丽联合 |
[00:03] | with the same pop culture interests. | 共享对流行文化相同的兴趣 |
[00:04] | Back in the ’80s, before the Internet, | 在八十年代 网络还没普及 |
[00:06] | it was impossible to find your geeky soulmate. | 想找到极客灵魂伴侣简直是不可能的 |
[00:09] | But, by sheer fate, I met Jackie Geary, | 但命中注定 我遇见了杰基·吉里 |
[00:12] | and, man, was the force of nerd love strong with us. | 老天 我们间的宅恋原力是如此之强 |
[00:15] | I can’t believe you made me a Beaker from the Muppets! | 我不敢相信你为我做了比克布偶 |
[00:17] | You so get me! | 你太懂我了 |
[00:21] | She really did get me. | 她真的很懂我 |
[00:23] | We all loved the same marshmallow-based movies. | 我们都喜欢有棉花糖角色的电影 |
[00:25] | We both wore geeky T-shirts. | 我们都喜欢宅文化衫 |
[00:28] | And we were even the only two kids in class | 我们甚至是全班仅有的两个 |
[00:30] | to spend our allowance on a modem. | 用零用钱买调制解调器的孩子 |
[00:34] | It was pure, awkward nerd love, | 那是纯洁又尴尬的宅男宅女之恋 |
[00:36] | and I was in deep. | 我深陷其中 |
[00:37] | When Jackie kissed me, | 当杰基吻我的时候 |
[00:38] | I lost all sense of space, time, and words. | 我失去了对空间时间的感知和说话能力 |
[00:43] | Yes! Ed McMahon! | 万岁 艾德·麦克马洪 |
[00:45] | You are correct, sir! | 您说得对 长官 |
[00:46] | And then it all came crashing down. | 然后一切都面临崩塌 |
[00:48] | Boom! Halloween just got awesome. | 看 万圣节带劲起来了 |
[00:51] | We’re gonna be the universe’s greatest power couple — | 我们要扮成全宇宙最强力的情侣 |
[00:54] | Han Solo and Princess Leia. | 汉·索罗和莱娅公主 |
[00:56] | “Star Wars.” Um, polite pass. | 《星球大战》 恕我婉拒 |
[00:59] | Wait, you don’t like “Star Wars”? | 等等 你不喜欢《星球大战》 |
[01:00] | How do you not like “Star Wars”? | 你怎么能不喜欢《星球大战》 |
[01:01] | Everyone likes “Star Wars.” | 人人都喜欢《星球大战》 |
[01:03] | Well, sure, I enjoy lighter fare just as much as the next girl. | 我也和大家一样喜欢里面的轻松元素 |
[01:06] | It’s about the “Dark Side”! How can it be lighter fare? | 电影是讲”黑暗面”的 哪有轻松元素 |
[01:10] | In the last movie, there were walking teddy bears. | 上一部里有会走路的泰迪熊 |
[01:12] | They’re Ewoks! And they helped defeat the damn Empire! | 它们是伊沃克族 它们帮忙战胜了帝国 |
[01:15] | No, no. Let’s not yell. | 不 我们不要大吵 |
[01:17] | We’re just calmly debating. | 我们不过是平静地辩论 |
[01:19] | The truth was out. | 真相大白了 |
[01:20] | Jackie liked stupid “Star Trek”! | 杰基喜欢傻兮兮的《星际迷航》 |
[01:22] | Actually, there is no debate. | 其实没什么可辩论的 |
[01:24] | “Trek” is better because it’s about | 《星际迷航》更好看因为它讲的是 |
[01:25] | humanity’s quest for knowledge and peace. | 人类去探索知识与和平 |
[01:27] | A quest for peace in the stars means no wars, | 在星际间寻找和平意味着没有大战 |
[01:30] | which means the entire point of “Star Trek” | 也就意味着《星际迷航》的存在 |
[01:32] | is to eliminate “Star Wars”! | 就是为了消灭《星球大战》 |
[01:34] | No, no! We’re just talking! | 不 我们只是在聊天 |
[01:36] | I’m not super angry at all! | 我完全没有超级生气 |
[01:38] | This is our first costume as a couple. | 这是我们第一次情侣装扮 |
[01:39] | It’s a very big statement, | 这是份重要声明 |
[01:41] | which is why I should be Uhura and you should be Spock. | 所以我该扮成乌乎拉你该扮成斯波克 |
[01:43] | You want me to go out in public | 你想我当着众人的面 |
[01:45] | with a bowl cut and pointy elf ears? | 戴锅盖头假发和尖尖的精灵耳 |
[01:48] | No, no. We’re in love. | 不 我们是相爱的 |
[01:51] | Which is why we should get | 所以我们该找一个 |
[01:52] | an independent third party with no skin in the game. | 不涉及利益损失的独立第三方来决定 |
[01:54] | Father? Which do you like best? | 父亲 你更喜欢哪个系列 |
[01:56] | “Star Wars” or “Star Trek”? | 《星球大战》还是《星际迷航》 |
[01:58] | Which is the one with the purple fish? | 哪个系列里有紫色的小鱼来着 |
[01:59] | Neither of them have purple fish. | 哪个也没有紫色的小鱼 |
[02:01] | “Star Wars” has got the guy with the little feet, right? | 脚特小的那家伙是《星球大战》里的对吧 |
[02:03] | I have no idea who you’re talking about! | 我不知道你说的是谁 |
[02:05] | – Do you mean Yoda? – No… | -是尤达吗 -不是 |
[02:06] | – Hammerhead? – No… | -锤头人 -不是 |
[02:07] | – Jawas? – No! | -爪哇人 -不是 |
[02:09] | I’m talking about the one guy with the weird head. | 我说的是头长得很怪的那家伙 |
[02:11] | – You mean Jabba the Hutt? – No. | -你是指赫特人贾巴 -不是 |
[02:12] | – Greedo? – No. | -格里多 -不是 |
[02:13] | – Admiral Ackbar? – No. | -阿克巴上将 -不是 |
[02:15] | – Aunt Beru? – Aunt Beru?! | -贝鲁阿姨 -贝鲁阿姨 |
[02:17] | I can’t do this right now! | 我现在没时间陪你闹 |
[02:19] | Jackie and I have major problems to deal with. | 杰基和我有很重要的矛盾要处理 |
[02:21] | And that is how you get out of a ridiculous conversation. | 这就是摆脱荒唐对话的方法 |
[02:39] | It was Halloween, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的万圣节 |
[02:41] | and my brother was conjuring the restless spirts of the dead, | 我哥正在召唤不得安息的死灵 |
[02:44] | with a toy he bought for 7 bucks. | 用的是七美元买回来的玩具 |
[02:45] | J T P J-t-p. | |
[02:49] | – Dude, you’re pushing it. – No, you’re pushing it. | -哥们 是你推的 -不 是你在推 |
[02:51] | You’re all pushing it! | 你们都在推 |
[02:52] | What if… nobody’s pushing it? | 如果谁也没推呢 |
[02:56] | I’ll go first. Oh, mystical Ouija. | 我先问 神秘的通灵板啊 |
[02:59] | Will there ever be more lenient laws on public nudity? | 将来的法律对当众裸体会不会更宽容 |
[03:01] | Please say yes. Come on! | 拜托你说会 拜托 |
[03:03] | Yes! Naked Rob wins! | 太棒了 裸罗伯胜利了 |
[03:04] | I got one. | 我想到了一个 |
[03:05] | Will I still hit that senior-year growth spurt | 我会不会经历我妈向我保证过的 |
[03:08] | my mother promised me? | 高四生长期 |
[03:11] | – My mother lied! – My turn! | -我妈骗了我 -到我了 |
[03:13] | Dear Mr. Ouija, | 亲爱的通灵板先生 |
[03:14] | I know me and Lainey broke up, | 我知道我和兰妮已经分手了 |
[03:16] | but does she still love me with every fiber of her slammin’ bod? | 但她那纤弱身躯的每个细胞是否还爱着我 |
[03:19] | – Dude! – Forget Lainey. | -哥们 -忘了兰妮吧 |
[03:21] | I can’t help it! She’s visiting Erica this weekend. | 我无法克制自己 她这周末来看爱丽卡了 |
[03:24] | It’s like every time I close my eyes, | 我仿佛每次闭上双眼 |
[03:26] | I smell her Debbie Gibson | 都能闻到她身上的 |
[03:26] | “Electric Youth” perfume. | 黛比·吉布森”电力青春”香水味 |
[03:28] | That’s just me. What? It’s unisex. | 是我身上的 那是男女通用的好吗 |
[03:30] | Let the Ouija answer! | 让通灵板回答我 |
[03:32] | Does Lainey want me back?! | 兰妮想不想和我复合 |
[03:34] | Now, gently rest your fingers upon the plastic pointer thingy. | 现在把手指轻轻放在塑料牌子上 |
[03:40] | Oh, no, my life is worthless! | 不 我的人生毫无价值 |
[03:42] | But, will Barry instead marry Alyssa Milano | 但巴瑞会不会和艾莉莎·米兰诺结婚 |
[03:46] | and have three kids and six jet skis? | 有三个孩子和六艘摩托艇 |
[03:49] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[03:51] | Okay, next question, Mr. Ouija. | 好 下一个问题 通灵板先生 |
[03:54] | Will I be a multi-platinum rap sensation | 我会不会成为多栖饶舌巨星 |
[03:57] | and own my own brand of diet soft drinks? | 还有自己的无糖无酒精饮料品牌 |
[03:59] | – Come on. – Get over here. | -拜托 -到这边来 |
[04:01] | You see? It is you guys moving it! | 瞧 就是你们几个推的 |
[04:03] | Dude, when you ended things with Lainey, | 哥们 你和兰妮分手时 |
[04:04] | you both promised to give each other space. | 互相保证过会给彼此空间 |
[04:07] | – We just want to see you happy. – You’re right. | -我们只想让你快乐 -你说得对 |
[04:08] | No more calling Lainey. | 不能再给兰妮打电话了 |
[04:10] | On an unrelated note, Geoff, | 说件完全无关的事 杰夫 |
[04:12] | what’s my sister’s number? | 我姐电话号码是多少 |
[04:14] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:15] | Just making my weekly phone call | 不过是打个每周例行电话 |
[04:17] | to make sure our bond is still strong. | 确保我们的感情还是那么深 |
[04:19] | You have never once called me before this very moment. | 你在这一刻前从没给我打过电话 |
[04:21] | The last words you said to me were, | 你最后对我说的话是 |
[04:23] | “Your bedroom is now my fart closet.” | “你的卧室现在是我的放屁衣橱了” |
[04:25] | That does sound like me. | 听起来的确像我的风格 |
[04:27] | Anywho, how’s it going? Having fun? | 话说回来 你过得好吗 开心吗 |
[04:29] | Learning stuff? Are you near Lainey? | 学到知识了吗 兰妮在你旁边吗 |
[04:32] | And I don’t care about you! Put her on the phone! | 我才不在乎你 让她接电话 |
[04:35] | Dude, no. | 哥们 没门 |
[04:36] | I’m gonna do what’s best for both of you right now and hang up. | 我要挂电话了 这是为你们好 |
[04:39] | Please, Lainey, come back! | 拜托 兰妮 回来吧 |
[04:41] | – Dude, he is obsessed. – So emotionally out of control. | -他这是如痴如狂了 -情感完全失控了 |
[04:45] | Gosh, I miss that cute, shouty, red face. | 天 我好想念那张总在大喊的可爱红脸蛋 |
[04:47] | Stop. | 打住 |
[04:48] | You both agreed that radio silence was for the best. | 你们都认同完全不联系才是最好的 |
[04:50] | I guess. It’s just so much harder than I thought. | 我知道 但我没想到会这么难 |
[04:53] | Well, tonight’s Halloween party is the biggest rager of the year. | 今晚的万圣节派对是年度最大狂欢 |
[04:55] | Forget my lame brother. | 忘了我那个超逊的老弟吧 |
[04:56] | You’re right. I’m gonna go get my costume. | 你说得对 我去拿我的戏服 |
[04:58] | Let’s Barry. | 我们去巴瑞吧 |
[05:00] | I mean party. | 我是说派对 |
[05:03] | Pops, thank God you’re here! | 老爷子 谢天谢地你在这 |
[05:05] | There’s a major crisis between me and Jackie. | 我和杰基间出现了大危机 |
[05:08] | Only my love guru can help. | 只有我的恋爱导师能帮我 |
[05:10] | This is why I sit here waiting all day. | 我就是为这个才整天坐在这等你 |
[05:13] | – Lay it on me, kiddo. – Hang on to your hat. | -尽管和我说说 孩子 -您老坐稳 |
[05:16] | Turns out, Jackie likes “Star Trek” | 原来杰基喜欢《星际迷航》 |
[05:18] | more than “Star Wars.” | 超过《星球大战》 |
[05:20] | – What do I do? – About what? | -我该怎么办 -什么怎么办 |
[05:21] | It’s a fact. Force Freaks and Trekkies never get along. | 是真的 星战粉和星迷粉关系一直不好 |
[05:25] | We’re sworn enemies. | 我们是死敌 |
[05:26] | Okay, here’s what you do. | 那好 你这么办 |
[05:30] | – Nothing. ‘Cause it’s all dumb. – Dumb?! | -什么都别做 因为这太蠢了 -蠢 |
[05:33] | If I date a Trekkie, | 如果我和星迷粉约会 |
[05:34] | I lose all my street cred with my boys! | 我会在街头兄弟们那里失去威信的 |
[05:37] | And just where is this street, and who are these boys? | 你说的这是哪条街 这些兄弟们又是谁 |
[05:40] | Me and Jackie are doomed. There’s no saving this relationship. | 我和杰基玩完了 我们的关系没救了 |
[05:44] | Pardon me. I couldn’t help but overhear | 不好意思 我一个不小心 |
[05:45] | through the vent in the upstairs bathroom. | 从楼上卫生间通风口听到了你们说话 |
[05:48] | Schmoo, if you want relationship advice, | 宝贝 如果你想要情感建议 |
[05:50] | just look at me and your dad. | 看看我和你爸就好了 |
[05:52] | We’ve been making it work for 25 years. | 我们和谐共处二十五年了 |
[05:55] | Makin’ it work! | 和谐共处 |
[05:56] | Sure, we bicker. | 当然我们也会斗嘴 |
[05:57] | But in the end, we always compromise. | 但最后 我们总能做出让步 |
[05:59] | Right you are! | 你说得对 |
[06:00] | There’s no reason you can’t do that with your space movies, | 你的太空电影肯定也不是问题 |
[06:02] | right, Mur? | 对吧 老默 |
[06:03] | When you’re right, you’re right, Bevy. | 你的话总是正确的 贝弗 |
[06:05] | He’s a lug, but I love him. | 他是个呆瓜 但我爱他 |
[06:07] | Lady loves a lug. | 女士们都爱呆瓜 |
[06:10] | Smack-diggity! | 我勒个亲亲 |
[06:15] | Don’t do a damn thing she said. | 千万别按她说得去做 |
[06:17] | Uh, what? But, I — | 什么 可我… |
[06:18] | Shut up, shut up! Listen to me. | 闭嘴 听我说 |
[06:19] | In any healthy relationship, there is no compromise. | 任何健康的情感关系里都没有让步这一说 |
[06:22] | – So what is there? – Total defeat. | -那有哪一说 -一败涂地 |
[06:23] | Your only choice? | 你唯一的选择 |
[06:24] | – Become a shell of a man. – What? | -就是变成行尸走肉 -什么 |
[06:26] | That sounds like a horrible way to live. | 这种生活方式听起来太糟糕了 |
[06:28] | It is, but it works. | 没错 但有效 |
[06:29] | It keeps your mom and I chugging along. | 你妈和我因为这样才能长长久久 |
[06:31] | And that’s what I want with Jackie. | 我也希望能和杰基长长久久 |
[06:33] | To chug forever. | 永远在一起 |
[06:34] | Then meet me in your room in five minutes. | 那五分钟后去你房间见我 |
[06:37] | – Can’t we just — – No! | -我们不能在这… -不行 |
[06:38] | It’s not safe here! | 这里不安全 |
[06:40] | It’s not safe. | 不安全 |
[06:42] | While my dad was acting spooky, | 在我老爸表现得疑神疑鬼时 |
[06:44] | Barry was feeling haunted by his own lost love. | 巴瑞正觉得自己被旧爱的鬼影纠缠 |
[06:52] | Hello? Someone there? | 你好 有人在那吗 |
[07:01] | Lainey?! | 兰妮 |
[07:04] | I’m telling you! | 我向你保证 |
[07:05] | I saw her clear as day in the Wawa. | 我之前在哇哇店分明清楚看到她了 |
[07:09] | Dude, there’s no way it was Lainey. | 兄弟 不可能是兰妮 |
[07:10] | She’s with Erica, remember? | 她去看爱丽卡了 记得吗 |
[07:11] | Which is why there’s only one other logical explanation — | 这就是为什么只剩下一种合理解释 |
[07:14] | I’m being haunted by the blonde spirit of my broken relationship. | 我被我破碎恋情的金发鬼魂缠上了 |
[07:17] | This is our fault. | 这都是我们的错 |
[07:19] | We tried to used the Ouija to get you over Lainey, | 我们试图用通灵板让你忘记兰妮 |
[07:20] | but instead, we just got her into your head. | 但我们却让你满脑子都是她 |
[07:22] | No, Matthew. | 不 马修 |
[07:23] | You think it was all a game, | 你们以为那只是场游戏 |
[07:25] | but much like the horror masterpiece “Witchboard,” | 但就像经典恐怖片《魔鬼碟仙》一样 |
[07:27] | you’ve opened a portal to the other side. | 你们打开了去冥界的传送门 |
[07:32] | Run home. Run home! | 快跑回家去 快跑回家去 |
[07:35] | There are ghosts everywhere! | 到处都是鬼 |
[07:36] | Enough, man! | 够了 伙计 |
[07:37] | We were pushing around a tiny plastic triangle | 我们不过是推了推我从玩具店买来的 |
[07:40] | I bought at a toy store. | 塑料三角板 |
[07:41] | Which is exactly how “Witchboard” started. | 《魔鬼碟仙》开头就是这样的 |
[07:43] | – Oh, no! – Dude, don’t encourage him! | -不 -哥们 别给他添油加醋 |
[07:46] | When will you learn?! | 你们什么时候才能明白 |
[07:48] | None of you are safe! | 你们全在危险之中 |
[07:50] | Look at me, bro. | 看着我 老兄 |
[07:51] | There is no ghost of Lainey. | 根本没有兰妮的鬼魂 |
[07:57] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[07:58] | It’s a sexy ghost! | 是个性感女鬼 |
[08:02] | As my brother came face to face with his past, | 在我哥面对过往时 |
[08:03] | my dad was gonna help me secure my future with Jackie. | 我爸正帮我稳固和杰基的未来 |
[08:07] | Son, today, I’m gonna pass on | 儿子 今天我要把 |
[08:09] | to you my greatest legacy — | 我最宝贵的智慧结晶传给你 |
[08:11] | how to be a shell of a man. | 如何成为行尸走肉 |
[08:13] | Your legacy seems sad. | 你的智慧结晶太可悲了 |
[08:14] | – This is all I’ve got. – Totally fair. | -我除了这个没别的了 -那好吧 |
[08:16] | Lesson one — The think ‘n’ nod. | 第一课 思考并点头 |
[08:17] | When your woman’s asking you your opinion, | 在你女人询问你意见的时候 |
[08:19] | you act like you’re thinking about it, | 你假装思考一下 |
[08:21] | and then you nod in agreement. | 然后点头同意 |
[08:23] | But if my answer is always a dumb nod, | 但如果我永远只是呆呆地点头 |
[08:25] | won’t Jackie catch on? | 杰基不会发现吗 |
[08:26] | You’d think so. | 你以为她会发现 |
[08:27] | But deep down, they don’t want our opinions. | 但内心深处 她们根本不想听我们的意见 |
[08:29] | – But I — – Lesson two — The smile and echo. | -但我 -第二课 微笑并重复 |
[08:32] | Whenever your girl is jabbering on, | 在你女人喋喋不休的时候 |
[08:34] | you smile at her | 你朝她微笑 |
[08:35] | and then you echo the last thing she says to you. | 然后重复她对你说的最后一句话 |
[08:38] | That can’t possibly work. | 那怎么可能管用 |
[08:39] | Bevy, what was that thing you wanted me to do with the thing?! | 贝弗 你上次说想让我干什么来着 |
[08:42] | You mean shopping for towels? | 你是说买毛巾吗 |
[08:44] | Yeah, shopping for towels. | 没错 买毛巾 |
[08:45] | Don’t you worry. | 别担心 |
[08:46] | I just picked up this adorable set from the clearance bin. | 我刚从清仓大甩卖买回这套漂亮的毛巾 |
[08:49] | Don’t you love them? | 你喜不喜欢 |
[08:50] | I love them! | 我太喜欢了 |
[08:52] | And I love you. | 我也喜欢你 |
[08:53] | In fact, I’m gonna go make you | 其实我正要去给你做 |
[08:55] | that butterscotch pudding you like so much. | 你特别喜欢的奶油硬糖布丁 |
[08:58] | See? I like getting along. | 瞧见没 我喜欢和和气气 |
[09:00] | I gotta take some notes! | 我要记点笔记 |
[09:01] | No, no! There can’t be a paper trail! | 不行 不能留下文字证据 |
[09:03] | Don’t worry, I’ll write it in code. | 别担心 我会加密的 |
[09:05] | Question. | 提问 |
[09:06] | Isn’t it soul crushing to never share your opinions? | 永远不能表达自己的意见不会憋得要死吗 |
[09:09] | Sure. | 当然会 |
[09:10] | But that brings us to our final lesson — | 但这正是我们最后一课要教的 |
[09:12] | – The tampening. – The tampening? | -打压 -打压 |
[09:14] | You tamp down all the rage and fury | 你把所有的愤怒与暴躁 |
[09:16] | deep into your body like this. | 都深深打压进内心 像这样 |
[09:17] | Watch. | 看着 |
[09:23] | That can’t be good for you. | 这样肯定对健康没好处 |
[09:24] | But the pudding helps. | 但布丁能起到缓解作用 |
[09:26] | Armed with my dad’s shameful legacy, | 有我老爸可耻的智慧结晶加持 |
[09:28] | I decided to put his love tips to the test. | 我决定测试一下他的情感秘诀 |
[09:31] | There she is. | 你来了 |
[09:33] | Jackie! | 杰基 |
[09:34] | Crackerjack! | 杰基小甜甜 |
[09:36] | Jack-o-lantern! | 杰基小南瓜 |
[09:37] | Halloween! | 万圣节 |
[09:38] | Hey, I know that we left things off on a weird note. | 我知道我们上次分开时气氛挺奇怪的 |
[09:42] | Nah, we’re-we’re good. | 没有 咱俩好得很 |
[09:44] | I was ready to finally become a man. | 我准备好终于成为一个男人了 |
[09:46] | By becoming a shell of one. | 一个行尸走肉般的男人 |
[09:48] | Actually, I’ve come around on the “Star Trek” thing. | 其实我不再计较《星际迷航》那件事了 |
[09:52] | Wait, really? You’re gonna be my Spock? | 等等 真的吗 你愿意做我的斯波克 |
[09:55] | And so, I hit Jackie with each and every one | 就这样 我对杰基使用了每一个 |
[09:57] | of my dad’s relationship techniques. | 我爸教我的感情技巧 |
[09:59] | I nodded… | 我点头 |
[10:00] | I’ll-I’ll be your Spock. | 我愿意做你的斯波克 |
[10:01] | Oh, my God! You’re, like, the best boyfriend ever. | 我的天 你简直是史上最棒的男朋友 |
[10:03] | …and I echoed. I-I am, like, the best boyfriend ever. | 我重复 我简直是史上最棒的男朋友 |
[10:06] | and finally… | 最终… |
[10:07] | I rented “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.” | 我租了《星际迷航4 抢救未来》 |
[10:10] | Should we watch it? | 你想一起看吗 |
[10:13] | …And I tampened like I’d never tampened before. | 我拼尽全力打压我的不满 |
[10:15] | Come on. | 加油 |
[10:19] | Yeah. I will watch your thing. | 好 我看你的电影 |
[10:22] | That day, I made my dad a proud man. | 那天 我让我老爸感到十分骄傲 |
[10:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:26] | – And that’s why I became a father. – Really? | -我为人父都是为了这一刻 -真的吗 |
[10:28] | You became a dad so you could teach your son to be a jackass? | 你为人父是为了教你儿子怎么做混蛋 |
[10:31] | There she is! | 你来了 |
[10:33] | Stop it! How could you teach him all these terrible tricks? | 打住 你怎么能教他这些糟糕的伎俩 |
[10:36] | What tricks? | 什么伎俩 |
[10:38] | The think ‘n’ nod? The smile and echo? | 思考并点头 微笑并重复 |
[10:40] | How’d you learn about those tricks? | 你怎么知道这些花招的 |
[10:41] | Adam wrote ’em down! | 亚当写下来了 |
[10:43] | You cracked Adam’s code? | 你破解了亚当的密码 |
[10:44] | You mean just not using vowels? | 只是不写元音字母吗 |
[10:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:46] | How could you teach our son | 你怎能教我们儿子 |
[10:48] | that that’s how our relationship works? | 我们的关系是这样维持的 |
[10:50] | Because that is how it works. | 因为本来就是这样维持的 |
[10:51] | You don’t want my opinions about how ugly your towels are. | 你根本不想听我的意见 说你的毛巾有多丑 |
[10:55] | You hate my towels? | 你讨厌我的毛巾 |
[10:56] | Those towels are soft and beautiful. | 那些毛巾柔软又漂亮 |
[10:58] | Mm, those towels are soft and beautiful. | 那些毛巾柔软又漂亮 |
[11:00] | Well, thank you. I mean, that’s — | 谢谢 的确… |
[11:01] | Oh, oh, gah! Stop it! | 别这样 |
[11:03] | All right, listen to me. | 听我说 |
[11:04] | No more being a shell of a man. | 别再做行尸走肉 |
[11:05] | From now on, you’re gonna be filled with opinions! | 从现在开始 你要不停提意见 |
[11:07] | – And pudding? – No! | -布丁呢 -没有 |
[11:09] | I want your thoughts and feelings on everything, | 我要知道你针对所有问题的想法和感受 |
[11:11] | so Adam can see how we compromise. | 这样亚当可以看到我们是如何让步的 |
[11:13] | Now we are gonna go to the store, | 现在我们去商店 |
[11:15] | and you are gonna pick out the towels. | 你去选毛巾 |
[11:17] | I told you not to write it down, you moron! | 我跟你说了别写下来 白痴 |
[11:20] | What’s that all about? | 怎么回事 |
[11:21] | Who knows? | 谁知道 |
[11:22] | Let’s just focus on the thing we both love — | 我们还是关注我们都热爱的 |
[11:24] | “Star Trek IV — Spock Does San Francisco.” | 《星际迷航4 斯波克去旧金山》 |
[11:27] | You ruined a life today! | 你今天毁了一个人的生活 |
[11:30] | True. And yet, I saved my relationship. | 没错 但我挽救了我的恋情 |
[11:33] | Thanks to my dad’s tampening technique, | 多亏了我爸的打压技巧 |
[11:35] | I survived two whole hours of “Star Trek” with my girlfriend. | 我活着和女友看完了两小时的《星际迷航》 |
[11:39] | You know what? This movie’s right. | 知道吗 这部电影是对的 |
[11:41] | We really do have to save the whales. | 我们的确需要拯救鲸鱼 |
[11:42] | We do have to save the whales! | 我们的确需要拯救鲸鱼 |
[11:45] | It’s all so brilliant and preachy. | 那么聪明那么爱说教 |
[11:48] | No, no. Tamp it down. | 不不 打压下去 |
[11:50] | What? | 什么 |
[11:54] | Love you! | 爱你 |
[11:55] | Oh, sweet balls! I was in science fiction hell. | 见鬼 我身处科幻地狱 |
[11:59] | Meanwhile, Barry was back in a Lainey-filled paradise. | 同时 巴瑞又回到了有兰妮的天堂 |
[12:01] | So that was you at the Wawa. | 刚才的确是你在哇哇 |
[12:03] | I thought you were visiting Erica this weekend? | 你这个周末不是去看爱丽卡吗 |
[12:05] | I bailed and hopped a bus here. I just had to see you. | 我跑了 坐巴士回来 我必须见你 |
[12:08] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[12:09] | Let me finish, Barry. | 听我说完 巴瑞 |
[12:10] | I came back to say this face to face. | 我回来是为了当面和你说清楚 |
[12:11] | I’m in Georgia now. | 现在我住在乔治亚州 |
[12:12] | I’ve moved on. It’s time for you to move on, too. | 我向前看了 你也得这样做 |
[12:15] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[12:16] | Thank you for being so mature and understanding… | 谢谢你这么成熟和理解 |
[12:18] | And so, they finally moved on. | 就这样 他们终于向前看了 |
[12:20] | – Or not. – …because I love you and I want you back now! | -或者没有 -因为我爱你我要复合 |
[12:23] | Say yes or I will literally die! | 快同意 否则我会死的 |
[12:25] | I knew it again! Yes! | 我又知道 太棒了 |
[12:27] | Someone do something! | 谁做点什么 |
[12:28] | Guys, we all know how hard it is, | 伙计们 我们都知道这很难 |
[12:31] | but don’t just jump back into this without really thinking it through! | 但别在没想清楚的情况下就匆匆决定 |
[12:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:35] | And think they did. | 他们想了 |
[12:36] | Searching deep in their hearts. | 问自己的内心深处 |
[12:38] | And then said screw it. | 然后说去他的 |
[12:41] | Guess who’s back together and in total love? | 猜谁复合了 深深相爱 |
[12:47] | Start clapping, or I’ll fight everyone in this gym! | 开始鼓掌 否则我跟每个人打一架 |
[12:52] | Barry and Lainey’s love was lifted to new heights. | 巴瑞和兰妮的爱又上升到新高度 |
[12:55] | Meanwhile, I was looking like a dumb-ass Keebler Elf with a bowl cut! | 同时我看起来像个锅盖头奇宝精灵混蛋 |
[12:58] | You look as cute as a button. | 你太可爱了 |
[13:00] | I do look as cute as a button. | 我的确太可爱了 |
[13:02] | We’re gonna have the best Halloween ever. | 我们将过一个最棒的万圣节 |
[13:04] | We are gonna have the best Halloween ever. | 我们将过一个最棒的万圣节 |
[13:06] | You’re acting weird. | 你的表现很奇怪 |
[13:07] | I am acting weird. | 我的表现很奇怪 |
[13:09] | See? We agree on everything and you’re happy. | 瞧 我们完全意见一致 你很开心 |
[13:12] | Hey, Adam! | 亚当 |
[13:14] | Come in the bathroom and take a look at this! | 来浴室看样东西 |
[13:15] | You won’t believe it! | 你不会相信的 |
[13:17] | Uh, I think we all have a sense of what you’re capable of, Dad! | 我想我们都知道你能做出什么事 爸爸 |
[13:20] | Just get in here! | 快来 |
[13:21] | See this?! | 看这个 |
[13:22] | We went shopping, I gave my opinion, | 我们去购物 我说了意见 |
[13:24] | and now I got the towel of my dreams! | 现在我拥有了梦想中的毛巾 |
[13:27] | Yep, all dad’s love huge, comfy, plain white towels, | 我爸最爱的巨大舒服的纯白毛巾 |
[13:31] | and this one was the stuff of legend. | 这一条简直就是传说 |
[13:33] | You can wrap yourself in it like it’s a bedspread, | 可以把自己裹起来 好像床单一样 |
[13:36] | but it’s a towel. | 但这是毛巾 |
[13:37] | Turns out my mom had some tampening skills of her own. | 原来我妈自己也有打压技巧 |
[13:40] | And she used them to desperately remain positive. | 她用这一技巧来拼命保持乐观 |
[13:43] | Fun fact — uh, it’s so big, | 有趣的是 毛巾太大 |
[13:45] | I can only wash one of those at a time! | 我一次只能洗这一条 |
[13:48] | Your mom’s right. | 你妈妈说得对 |
[13:50] | This compromise thing, it really does work! | 让步挺好用的 |
[13:52] | You can dry a van with it. | 用它能擦干货车 |
[13:55] | I know I told you to blindly agree | 我知道我告诉你要盲目同意 |
[13:57] | with all your girlfriend’s stupid stuff, | 你女友的所有愚蠢的东西 |
[13:59] | but guess what? | 猜猜怎样 |
[14:00] | They’re desperate to know how wrong they are! | 她们急需知道她们有多错 |
[14:02] | What? | 什么 |
[14:03] | B- Nothing! | 没什么 |
[14:04] | Just a little family towel talk. | 只是一家人聊聊毛巾 |
[14:06] | Wait, wait. I’m wrong? | 慢着 我错了 |
[14:08] | Well, that does it. | 够了 |
[14:09] | I’m bringing my towels back! | 我要用我的毛巾 |
[14:11] | No! This is our one towel now. | 不 现在就这一条毛巾 |
[14:13] | It’s all we need. | 我们不用别的了 |
[14:14] | So you just repeat everything I say just to patronize me? | 所以你重复我的每句话假装同意 |
[14:17] | It’s better than saying the one thing you love the most | 总好过说你最爱的东西 |
[14:19] | is boring as balls! | 无聊到死 |
[14:21] | Boring as balls? | 无聊到死 |
[14:22] | You didn’t even want my opinion. | 你根本不想听我的意见 |
[14:23] | You just want everything on your terms! | 你只想所有事按你的意愿来 |
[14:25] | But my terms make sense, | 我的意愿有道理 |
[14:27] | unlike the preposterous size of that towel! | 而这条毛巾荒谬的尺寸就不对 |
[14:30] | Trekkies have four movies and two TV shows, | 星迷粉有四部电影和两季电视剧 |
[14:32] | and all your people have | 你们这些人只有 |
[14:34] | is just a mere trilogy to sell toys. | 销售玩具的三部曲 |
[14:36] | “You people”? | “你们这些人” |
[14:38] | You went there pretty quick! | 这么快就放狠话了 |
[14:40] | This was never about my big, thirsty towel, was it? | 重点从来就不是我巨大吸水的毛巾 |
[14:42] | It’s about you preferring me as a shell. | 而是你宁愿我做个行尸走肉 |
[14:45] | Fine. Take your giant towel! | 好 带上你巨大的毛巾 |
[14:47] | You can go dry a street or suck up a river! | 你可以擦干街道或吸干河流 |
[14:50] | I will never be your Trekkie! Ever! | 我永远不会做星迷粉 永远不会 |
[14:53] | Well then, maybe you shouldn’t be my boyfriend! | 那也许你不应该做我的男友 |
[14:56] | This is your fault! | 这是你的错 |
[14:58] | Hey, you ruined my thing, too. | 你也毁了我的妙招 |
[14:59] | This is what I get for modeling my relationship after two crazy people! | 跟着两个疯子学习爱情经验就会有这个下场 |
[15:04] | I know he’s upset, | 我知道他很生气 |
[15:05] | but we need to get Adam back in here. | 但我们得把亚当找回来 |
[15:06] | It’s gonna take at least three of us to fold this thing. | 想把这玩意叠好至少要三个人 |
[15:08] | As two Goldberg relationships crumbled, | 两段金伯格爱情岌岌可危 |
[15:10] | one was still standing on two feet. | 还有一段依然两脚站得稳稳的 |
[15:13] | Hey, Bar? | 小巴 |
[15:14] | It’s been an hour. | 已经一小时了 |
[15:14] | I don’t think you have to keep carrying her around | 我想你没必须继续抱着她 |
[15:16] | like she’s Debra Winger. | 好像她是德博拉·温格一样 |
[15:17] | I’ll carry Lainey in my arms | 我要用双臂抱着兰妮 |
[15:19] | until everyone in here knows | 直到这里所有人都知道 |
[15:21] | I am the officer and she is my gentleman! | 我是军官 她是我的绅士 |
[15:24] | Barry and Lainey were flying high, | 巴瑞和兰妮乐上云霄 |
[15:25] | till reality crashed the party. | 直到现实杀进了派对 |
[15:27] | Oh, my God! Are you kidding me?! | 我的天 你开玩笑吗 |
[15:28] | Erica?! | 爱丽卡 |
[15:29] | – Erica! So glad you’re finally here! – Hi, baby. | -爱丽卡 真高兴你终于来了 -宝贝 |
[15:32] | Now our couples costume makes sense. | 我们穿的居然是情侣装扮服 |
[15:34] | See? I’m Marty McFly and you’re his mom. | 我是马蒂·麦克福莱 你是他妈[回到未来] |
[15:35] | Oh, boy, what have we done? | 老天 我们做了什么 |
[15:37] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[15:38] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[15:39] | We were by the keg chatting up two hot frat guys, | 我们在啤酒桶旁边和两个兄弟会帅哥聊天 |
[15:41] | and then I turned around and you were gone! | 我一转身就发现你不见了 |
[15:43] | This is probably a bad time, | 可能现在说这话不合适 |
[15:45] | but you look super hot, | 但你看起来好性感 |
[15:46] | even though you’re technically my mom. | 尽管严格来讲你是我妈 |
[15:47] | Gross. But thanks. | 恶心 不过谢了 |
[15:49] | I’m sorry I ditched you, | 抱歉我扔下了你 |
[15:50] | but I did leave a note on the punch bowl. | 但我在潘趣酒碗上放了字条 |
[15:51] | Oh, you mean this sticky red napkin | 是这张粘粘的红色纸巾吗 |
[15:54] | that says “Bye”? | 写着”拜” |
[15:55] | I just came back here to tell Barry it’s totally over. | 我回来告诉巴瑞彻底结束了 |
[15:57] | But, in a surprising twist, we got back together! | 结果意外反转 我们复合了 |
[16:00] | – Aren’t you happy for us? – No! | -你不为我们开心吗 -不 |
[16:02] | Long-distance relationships are the worst and never work. | 异地恋最糟糕了 从来不会有结果 |
[16:05] | Yes! Beating the odds! | 对 挑战几率 |
[16:06] | See? You guys make it work. | 瞧 你们就能行 |
[16:07] | Yeah, but we barely see each other. | 对 但我们几乎没见面 |
[16:09] | And our phone bills are out of control. | 电话费都失控了 |
[16:11] | I had to start mowing lawns. | 我必须开始剪草坪 |
[16:12] | Manual labor? | 体力劳动 |
[16:14] | Big Tasty’s more of a corner-office, feet-up-on-the-desk kinda guy. | 大甜甜更适合在办公室把脚放在桌子上 |
[16:17] | Not to mention, | 更别提 |
[16:19] | we’re just three hours away from each other. | 我们只相距三小时车程 |
[16:21] | Georgia’s only… | 乔治亚只有 |
[16:23] | 12 hours away. | 十二小时车程 |
[16:26] | They’re right, Barry. | 他们说得对 巴瑞 |
[16:27] | And so, that dark Halloween night, | 于是 在那个黑暗的万圣节夜晚 |
[16:30] | Barry and Lainey finally saw the light. | 巴瑞和兰妮终于看到了亮光 |
[16:32] | – It’s over again. – Oh, Lainey. | -再次结束了 -兰妮 |
[16:36] | It may have been Halloween, | 虽说是万圣节 |
[16:37] | but the scariest thing in our house | 但我们家里最可怕的事 |
[16:38] | was what was going on between my folks. | 发生在父母之间 |
[16:40] | Dad, thank God you’re here! | 爸 谢天谢地你在这里 |
[16:41] | There is a major crisis between me and Murray | 我和默里之间发生严重危机 |
[16:44] | and we need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[16:45] | Well, I’m 0 for 1, but let’s give it a shot. | 我失败过一次 不过再来吧 |
[16:47] | Great. Which towel do you like best? | 很好 你最喜欢哪条毛巾 |
[16:49] | The entire life we’ve built depends on it. | 我们这辈子就取决于此了 |
[16:50] | Dammit! Why does everyone around here fight over such nonsense? | 见鬼 为什么大家都为无谓的事争吵 |
[16:54] | Do I really need to be here for this? | 我真的需要在这里吗 |
[16:55] | Yes, you need to see how a healthy relationship works! | 是 你需要看到健康的感情是怎样的 |
[16:58] | Pick my towel, Daddy! | 选我的毛巾 爸爸 |
[17:00] | Well, this one is the ugliest shade of brown I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最丑的棕色 |
[17:03] | And this big one looks like the sail of a clipper ship. | 这条巨大的像帆船的帆 |
[17:05] | – Gah! Who asked you?! – You did! | -谁问你了 -你问的 |
[17:08] | Can I go back to being sad and alone? | 我能继续一个人伤心吗 |
[17:09] | No. | 不 |
[17:11] | Adam… I’m sorry we mixed in. | 亚当 抱歉我们掺和了你的事 |
[17:14] | The truth is, I talk a big game about compromise, | 但事实是 我一直在说要让步 |
[17:17] | but deep down… | 但内心深处 |
[17:20] | …I am a lady who likes to call the shots. | 我是个喜欢做决定的女人 |
[17:22] | And deep down, I’m good with that. | 内心深处 我没意见 |
[17:25] | Really? You mean that, Mur? | 真的吗 这是真心话吗 老默 |
[17:27] | More than anything. | 真到不能再真 |
[17:29] | See? We do compromise… | 瞧 我们的确让步 |
[17:31] | – just in our own way. – I get it. | -以我们自己的方式 -我懂 |
[17:33] | Even if it is super unhealthy and a terrible example. | 尽管这超级不健康 是个很坏的例子 |
[17:37] | But it works for us. | 但对我俩管用 |
[17:38] | And you and Jackie will figure out what works for you, too. | 你和杰基也会发现你们适用的办法 |
[17:40] | But deep in my heart, I already knew. | 但我内心深处已经知道了 |
[17:42] | That night, my crazy parents made me realize | 那一晚 我疯狂的父母令我意识到 |
[17:45] | there’s no shortcuts when it comes to relationships. | 在恋爱方面没有捷径 |
[17:48] | And when it came to Jackie, I’d do the unthinkable. | 对于杰基 我愿意做无法想象的事 |
[17:50] | I’d boldly go where no “Star Wars” Fan had gone before. | 我勇敢地去了星战粉从来没去的地方 |
[17:54] | Oh, it’s you. What do you want? | 是你 你想怎样 |
[17:57] | Look, you know I get all flustered, | 你知道我很慌乱 |
[17:59] | so I’m gonna let “Star Trek” do all the talking. | 所以我就借《星际迷航》来表明心意 |
[18:16] | You do know that that was complete gibberish, right? | 你知道你刚才纯粹在胡说吧 |
[18:18] | I tried learning Klingon. | 我想学克林贡语来着 |
[18:19] | – For me? – Yeah. | -为了我吗 -是的 |
[18:21] | All I’m trying to say is… | 我想说的是 |
[18:25] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[18:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:27] | Wait, are you quoting the Carbonite scene from “Empire Strikes Back”? | 你是在模仿《帝国反击战》的碳凝那场戏吗 |
[18:30] | I am quoting the Carbonite scene from “Empire Strikes Back.” | 我是在模仿《帝国反击战》的碳凝那场戏 |
[18:34] | Okay, that’s the smile ‘n’ echo. | 好的 这是微笑并重复 |
[18:36] | With that, me and Jackie were back. | 就这样 我和杰基和好了 |
[18:38] | But for my brother, love had no easy answer. | 但对我哥来说 爱情没有简单的答案 |
[18:41] | Hi, Mr. Ouija. | 你好 通灵板先生 |
[18:43] | I know this is asking a lot, but please, | 我知道这要求很过分 但求你了 |
[18:46] | we need to know. | 我们需要知道 |
[18:48] | Will we end up together? | 我们以后会在一起吗 |
[18:50] | Sometimes the hardest thing about love | 有时候关于爱情最难的就是 |
[18:53] | is realizing no one has all the answers. | 发现没人知道答案 |
[18:56] | I was really hoping it would work. | 我真心希望会有结果 |
[18:57] | – Us, or the Ouija? – Both. | -我们还是通灵板 -都是 |
[19:02] | I’ll always love you, Barry Goldberg. | 我会永远爱你 巴瑞·金伯格 |
[19:06] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[19:13] | Truth is, there’s no trick to making a relationship perfect. | 事实是 没有令爱情完美的高招 |
[19:17] | Looks like you got through to them. | 看来你让他们明白了 |
[19:18] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[19:20] | Why do I feel so lousy? | 我为什么感觉这么差劲 |
[19:22] | ‘Cause you were right. | 因为你是对的 |
[19:23] | Long distance really does suck. | 异地恋真的很差劲 |
[19:26] | But it’s worth it. | 但是值得的 |
[19:27] | At least for us. | 至少对我们来说 |
[19:29] | And how can you be so sure? | 你怎么这么确定 |
[19:37] | Does that answer your question? | 这能回答你的问题吗 |
[19:38] | For sure. It’s totally worth it. | 当然 太值得了 |
[19:40] | That towel takes up half the closet. | 这条毛巾占了一半柜子 |
[19:43] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[19:44] | I think it’s growing on me. | 我想我开始喜欢了 |
[19:47] | Sure, there will always be bumps along the way… | 没错 一路上肯定会有坎坷 |
[19:50] | but when you find that perfect person… | 但你找到那个完美的人时 |
[19:52] | there’s nothing better in the universe. | 那是全宇宙最美好的事 |
[19:54] | Admit it. You like “Star Wars” A little. | 承认吧 你有一点喜欢星战了 |
[19:57] | These buns are kind of growing on me. | 我开始喜欢这个丸子头了 |
[20:02] | 此集献给我们的演职人员 感谢大家制作出优秀的一百集 | |
[20:17] | Okay, we’ve been through this a lot. | 好了 我们已经经历过很多次了 |
[20:19] | I just — I want you to relax, just be in the moment, | 我只希望你放松 享受那一刻 |
[20:22] | and for the love of God, act like you’ve been there. | 而且拜托 表现出你有经验的样子 |
[20:25] | Which I have. | 我有经验啊 |
[20:26] | So, it’s so strange that I keep acting like I have yet to be there. | 所以我一直表现得像第一次的确很奇怪 |
[20:29] | Bad start. Here we go. | 不好的开端 开始 |
[20:34] | That’s an A+. 4.0 gpa! | A+ 平均分数4.0 |
[20:37] | Hittin’ the books, makin’ the grades! | 打开书学习考个好成绩 |
[20:40] | That is some quality craftsmanship. Hand sewn! | 好精湛的工艺 手工缝制 |
[20:42] | Rich Corinthian leather! | 厚实的科林斯皮革 |
[20:44] | Great stuff, fine work. | 好东东 上等货 |
[20:45] | Not work, play. | 不是货 上等品 |
[20:46] | All work and no play makes Adam a dull boy. | 只工作不娱乐 亚当也变傻 |
[20:50] | Hello, Nurse! The doctor’s in! | 你好 护士 医生来了 |
[20:54] | Your prescription’s ready! | 你的处方开好了 |
[20:55] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[20:56] | Let’s just pick this back up tomorrow? | 明天再练习吧 |
[20:58] | That’s seems reasonable. | 听起来有道理 |