时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | For as long as I can remember, | 自从我记事起 |
[00:01] | Beverly Goldberg loved to dance. | 贝弗莉·金伯格就爱跳舞 |
[00:03] | Sure, her fearless mom moves were embarrassing, | 的确 她不管不顾的老妈舞步很丢人 |
[00:06] | but you had to admire her pure passion. | 但你不得不佩服她纯粹的热情 |
[00:08] | You can’t blame the lady. | 也怪不得她 |
[00:09] | This was the ’80s, | 这可是八十年代 |
[00:10] | the golden age of the cheesy dance movie — | 俗套舞蹈电影的黄金年代 |
[00:13] | most notably, “Flashdance,” | 特别是《闪电舞》 |
[00:15] | the tale of a working-class girl | 一个工薪阶层的女孩 |
[00:16] | who wanted to boogie with the best. | 想与顶尖舞者共舞的故事 |
[00:19] | I don’t think she’s ever gonna get into this dance school. | 我看她永远考不进舞蹈学院 |
[00:21] | Even the lady judge isn’t supporting her. | 就连那个女评审都不支持她 |
[00:23] | This movie is insane. | 这电影太疯狂了 |
[00:24] | She’s so graceful and yet from Pittsburgh? | 她这么优雅怎么会是匹兹堡人 |
[00:26] | – Screw you! – You shush. | -去你妈的 -你才闭嘴 |
[00:28] | – Some people! – Jerk! | -有些人啊 -混蛋 |
[00:29] | But, as fate would have it, that year, | 但命运如此 那年 |
[00:31] | flashdancing made its way to Jenkintown. | 闪电舞来到了珍金镇 |
[00:34] | Break out your hottest leg warmers, ladies! | 快找出你们最火辣的暖腿袜 姑娘们 |
[00:36] | It’s time to flashdance. | 我们闪电舞起来 |
[00:37] | “Bring your boogie-woogie and a towel”? | “带上你的布基伍基精神和毛巾” |
[00:41] | Come on. It’s our chance to live the | 别这样 我们有机会亲身体验 |
[00:42] | very realistic story of a steelworker turned modern dancer. | 非常现实的炼钢工人变成现代舞者的故事 |
[00:46] | Please! No one wants to see four moms | 拜托 没人想看四个老妈 |
[00:49] | shake their tushes at the JCC. | 在犹太社区活动中心扭屁股 |
[00:51] | Our entire lives revolve around our kids. | 我们这辈子都围着孩子们转 |
[00:53] | But I have learned something very important | 但我在贝弗大改造中 |
[00:55] | from the Bevolution. | 学到了很重要的事 |
[00:56] | – Is that still a thing? – The biggest. | -还没改完呢 -如火如荼 |
[00:58] | And it’s taught me that unless we make time for ourselves, | 我学到了如果我们不自己创造时机 |
[01:02] | our wonderful families will leech us dry of our youth and spirit. | 我们就会被可爱的家人会吸干青春活力 |
[01:05] | I guess I do have a little time | 我想我能挤出点时间 |
[01:07] | between school drop off and school pick up | 在接送孩子上学放学 |
[01:08] | and sports drop off and sports pick up. | 和接送孩子体育活动之间 |
[01:10] | Well, it sounds like a small window, but I’ll take it. | 听起来挤不出什么时间 但我接受 |
[01:12] | – How about you gals? – Maybe it wouldn’t hurt | -你们几个姑娘呢 -或许在班级后排 |
[01:14] | to stay in the back of the class and pick up a few moves. | 学几个舞步也没什么不好的 |
[01:16] | While they didn’t stay in the back of the class, | 尽管她们没有站在班级后排 |
[01:18] | they did pick up a few moves… | 她们的确学了几个舞步 |
[01:21] | or…whatever this is. | 随便这是啥吧 |
[01:26] | Annnd pose! | 定 |
[01:28] | Not bad, ladies. | 很不错 女士们 |
[01:30] | Not bad? Uh, we have taken our passion and made it happen! | 不错 我们动用热情让舞梦成真了 |
[01:38] | Hold on, fellas. Dance class just let out. | 等等 伙计们 舞蹈班下课了 |
[01:40] | Now, this is why we come to the Jenkintown JCC. | 我们来珍金镇犹太活动中心就是为了此刻 |
[01:43] | Aw, yeah. | 没错 |
[01:44] | Wait, I take it back! That’s my mom! | 等等 我收回 那是我妈 |
[01:47] | And she’s with my mom! | 她身边的是我妈 |
[01:48] | Hey, Bar. Don’t hug Mama, | 小巴 别拥抱妈妈 |
[01:49] | she’s aglow with dance. | 她正因为舞蹈满面红光 |
[01:51] | Why is your shoulder exposed? | 你为什么要露出肩膀 |
[01:52] | Mama’s just flashdancing. | 妈妈练练闪电舞而已 |
[01:54] | Well, you’re flashing too much! | 你闪得太多了 |
[01:55] | Don’t listen to him, hot moms. | 别听他的 辣妈们 |
[01:56] | Johnny Atkins is a shoulder man. | 强尼·阿特金斯最喜欢肩膀了 |
[01:59] | They all look encouraged by his creepy words. | 他猥琐的话语鼓励了她们 |
[02:01] | – Barry, do something! – What? | -巴瑞 快想想办法 -干什么 |
[02:03] | Cover your shoulder with my sweat towel! Right now! | 用我的汗巾把肩膀盖上 快 |
[02:05] | Please. | 拜托 |
[02:06] | – Okay, stop it. Just stop. – Get off of me. | -你不能这样 -别烦我 |
[02:08] | Get out of here. Just get out of here. | 快离开这 快离开这 |
[02:23] | It was April 11, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的四月十一日 |
[02:25] | a typical Saturday night for me | 我和我最好的朋友 |
[02:26] | and my best friend, Emmy Mirsky. | 艾米·莫斯基在过普通的周六 |
[02:28] | God, I love “Blades of Steel.” | 我太喜欢《钢刀曲棍球》了 |
[02:29] | I call Penguins! | 企鹅队归我 |
[02:30] | Why do you always choose the stupid Penguins? | 你为什么总选傻兮兮的企鹅队 |
[02:32] | ‘Cause they’re my favorite animal. | 因为企鹅是我最喜欢的动物 |
[02:33] | Also, they do this. | 他们还能这样 |
[02:34] | Annnd I’m down. | 我被揍趴下了 |
[02:36] | You just make it easy by sucking. | 你这么烂根本不是我的对手 |
[02:38] | It was more than a friendship. | 那不仅仅是一段友情 |
[02:39] | Emmy was like my sister. | 艾米像我的亲姐妹一般 |
[02:41] | Ever since we were kids, we did everything together, | 我们从小就玩在一起 |
[02:43] | from Nintendo marathons to treehouse slumber parties. | 从任天堂马拉松到树屋睡衣派对 |
[02:46] | Brian McMahon made it pretty darn clear. | 布莱恩·麦克马洪写得很清楚 |
[02:48] | Do you like him, yes or no? | 你喜不喜欢他 |
[02:51] | You know what? I’m marking yes. | 我要选喜欢 |
[02:52] | And best of all, our traditions continued through high school. | 最棒的是 我们的传统一直延续到高中 |
[02:56] | I don’t know, Muscles. Your mom is super against | 我说不好 肌肉妹 你妈特别反对 |
[02:57] | getting your ears pierced. | 你打耳洞 |
[02:58] | -Just do it, nerd! – Okay. | -快点 书呆子 -好吧 |
[03:01] | Three, two, one, and… | 三 二 一 |
[03:05] | All right, welcome to pickleball! | 好了 欢迎来玩酸黄瓜球 |
[03:08] | Do not be fooled by its comically delightful name. | 别被这个搞笑的名字骗了 |
[03:11] | Pickleball is a serious sport. | 酸黄瓜球是很严肃的运动 |
[03:13] | It combines the greatest elements | 它结合了网球 羽毛球 |
[03:15] | of tennis, badminton, and Ping-Pong. | 和乒乓球的最佳元素 |
[03:17] | Time to pick your pickleball partner. | 该选你们的酸黄瓜球搭档了 |
[03:19] | Just make sure your partner for pickleball | 要确保你的酸黄瓜球搭档 |
[03:20] | doesn’t already have a pickleball partner picked! | 没有和别人搭档打酸黄瓜球 |
[03:22] | Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go! | 快点快点快点 |
[03:23] | You wanna play forehand or backhand? | 你想正手还是反手 |
[03:25] | I’m super bad at both. | 两种我都超不擅长 |
[03:27] | Uh, actually, Brian McMahon | 其实 布莱恩·麦克马洪 |
[03:28] | already asked me to play with him. | 已经叫我和他搭档了 |
[03:30] | This was Brian, one of the most popular kids in school. | 这是布莱恩 学校最有人气的学生之一 |
[03:32] | The dude was painfully shy, | 这哥们害羞得要死 |
[03:34] | but he made it look cool. | 不过他让害羞看起来很酷 |
[03:35] | Shy Bri actually talked to you? | 羞布莱居然跟你说话了 |
[03:38] | See ya at lunch! | 午餐时见 |
[03:39] | No partner, huh, Goldfarb? | 没有搭档吗 金巴巴 |
[03:41] | Eh, it’s all right. No shame in that. | 没关系 没什么可丢人的 |
[03:42] | At least that’s what the school instructs me to say. | 至少学校规定我非这么说不可 |
[03:45] | Maybe I can just do a related assignment like… | 或许我可以做个相关作业 例如 |
[03:47] | eat a pickle? | 吃酸黄瓜 |
[03:49] | Don’t worry, Coach has got your back. | 别担心 有教练挺你 |
[03:51] | Now engage your core! Let’s go! | 收紧腹肌 我们上 |
[03:55] | Mine! Mine! Mine! | 我的我的我的 |
[03:57] | There’s the beef! All me! All me! | 让你见识一下 我的我的 |
[03:58] | I got it! I got it! I got it! | 交给我交给我 |
[04:00] | Eat my shorts! | 吃我一招 |
[04:02] | Get out of the way! | 别挡着我 |
[04:05] | That’s game! 21-zip! | 比赛结束 21比0 |
[04:07] | Learn from it. | 好好学着 |
[04:09] | I learned that this game sucks. | 我学到这项运动逊毙了 |
[04:10] | He’s mocking what you care about. | 他在嘲笑你看重的东西 |
[04:13] | Laps! Now! | 跑圈去 快去 |
[04:15] | Both of you, let’s go! | 你们两个 快点 |
[04:17] | And as for you, we’re gonna pair up again tomorrow. | 至于你 我们明天再一起组队 |
[04:19] | I need you to run some drills after school. | 你得在放学后来操练几圈 |
[04:21] | Bring six gallons of water. | 带23升水过来 |
[04:22] | Thanks, but I’ll be back with Emmy next class. | 谢了 但我下节课就能重新和艾米搭档了 |
[04:25] | Yo, we’re grabbing some Gino’s for lunch. | 我们午餐要去吃基诺汉堡 |
[04:27] | Rad! I love Gino’s! | 赞 我喜欢基诺汉堡 |
[04:28] | If I’m not back for study hall, cover for me. | 要是自习课我还没回来 替我挡一挡 |
[04:32] | That was tough to watch. | 见者流泪啊 |
[04:34] | Well, Coach is here for you. | 有教练挺你 |
[04:35] | Except during lunch. | 除了午餐时间 |
[04:37] | That’s when I have my 67-vegetable smoothie. | 我要去喝有67种蔬菜的蔬菜汁 |
[04:39] | But I’m happy to talk again on my jog home. | 但我慢跑回家时很乐意再陪你聊聊 |
[04:41] | Emmy’s been my best friend since second grade. | 艾米从二年级起就是我最好的朋友 |
[04:44] | Dating Brian won’t change anything. | 和布莱恩交往不会改变什么的 |
[04:45] | All right, listen up. | 好了 听我说 |
[04:46] | Part of growing up is growing apart. | 分道扬镳是成长的一部分 |
[04:48] | You and Emmy are always gonna be friends, | 你和艾米永远会是好朋友 |
[04:49] | even if you don’t hang out or talk | 哪怕不一起玩耍聊天 |
[04:51] | or she can’t recall your name immediately. | 或她一下子想不起你的名字 |
[04:55] | How am I doing? You feeling any better? | 我的安慰如何 你感觉好些了吗 |
[04:56] | Not at all! | 完全没有 |
[04:58] | Yeah, this one got away from me. | 是啊 这次我没发挥好 |
[05:00] | As I panicked about my future with my best friend, | 正当我为与好朋友的未来恐慌时 |
[05:02] | Barry couldn’t get past our mom’s new hobby. | 巴瑞还是无法接受我们老妈的新爱好 |
[05:05] | The JCC All Ages Dance Recital? | 犹太社区活动中心全年龄舞蹈班演出 |
[05:08] | It is a celebration of the sweet moves | 这是庆祝我们每周二 |
[05:10] | we learned from 4:00 to 6:00 on Tuesdays. | 四点到六点学到的优雅舞步 |
[05:12] | And you’re going. | 你也得去 |
[05:13] | Adam, come in here and get my back! | 亚当 快过来支持我 |
[05:15] | This is gonna traumatize you, too. | 你也会因此留下心理阴影的 |
[05:16] | Unlikely. There’s nothing worse than losing your oldest | 不可能 没什么比最亲爱的老朋友 |
[05:18] | and dearest friend to the popular crowd. | 被高人气的学生抢走更可怕 |
[05:20] | I literally just fell asleep. | 我听睡着了 |
[05:22] | Dad! Kill her dance dreams now! | 爸 现在就扼杀她的舞蹈梦 |
[05:24] | Just go to her damn show and let me know how it went. | 乖乖去看这该死的表演再给我讲讲怎么样 |
[05:26] | Oh, no, you’re going, too. | 不 你也得去 |
[05:28] | Can’t. I got a work thing. | 去不了 我有工作安排 |
[05:29] | You don’t even know when it is! | 你都不知道哪天表演 |
[05:30] | And I have a work thing, too. | 我也有工作安排 |
[05:31] | – You don’t even have a job! – That checks out. | -你根本没有工作 -说得对 |
[05:34] | You are gonna support your loving mother | 你们必须支持你们可爱的母亲 |
[05:35] | because she has supported everything | 因为她支持了 |
[05:37] | her precious babies have ever done. | 她的宝贝们想做的每件事 |
[05:39] | Dammit! I am so jealous Erica escaped this house | 可恶 我好嫉妒爱丽卡逃离了这个家 |
[05:42] | and made it to college. | 成功上了大学 |
[05:44] | Where are they?! My life is over! | 他们在哪 我活不下去了 |
[05:46] | Where are the pictures of my boyfriend | 我男朋友和那个三八 |
[05:47] | making out with that skank Bridget Greenley?! | 布丽奇特·格林利亲热的照片在哪 |
[05:49] | Surprise! | 大惊喜 |
[05:51] | Geoff’s not cheating on you. | 杰夫没有劈腿 |
[05:53] | I just lied to get you here. Isn’t that fun?! | 我是为了骗你回来 是不是很有趣 |
[05:55] | I drove home from D.C. At 90 miles an hour | 我用145千米的时速从特区开车回来 |
[05:57] | with tears in my eyes! | 一路上眼里还飙着泪 |
[05:59] | Well, the good news is, your love is still intact | 好消息是你的爱情仍很坚固 |
[06:01] | and your mother has a dance recital tomorrow! | 你妈妈明天有舞蹈表演 |
[06:04] | You have to sit through Mom’s gyrating garbage with us. | 你不得不和我们一起忍受老妈的垃圾表演了 |
[06:07] | All right, I can tell from the hateful language | 好了 我从这些充满恨意的话中听出 |
[06:09] | that I have doubters here, | 你们不信我能行 |
[06:10] | which is why I’m going to give you a little preview | 所以我要先给你们跳一小段 |
[06:13] | of what’s in store. | 尝尝鲜 |
[06:17] | And with that, mom took her six weeks | 就这样 老妈动用在活动中心 |
[06:19] | of rigorous JCC training | 苦练了六周的舞步 |
[06:21] | and put her heart and soul on the line. | 向我们展示了她的心与灵魂 |
[06:26] | Much like the toe-tapping Jennifer Beals’ | 正如詹妮弗·比尔斯在《闪电舞》中 |
[06:28] | audition in “Flashdance,” | 富有感染力的面试 |
[06:29] | Beverly Goldberg would win over her condescending critics | 贝弗莉·金伯格会施展舞蹈的魔力 |
[06:32] | using the soaring magic of dance. | 感动高傲的评委们 |
[07:11] | You’ve been flashdanced! | 这就是闪电舞的魅力 |
[07:20] | Thank you for bringing me home from college to see this! | 谢谢你把我从大学叫回来看你表演 |
[07:23] | I can’t breathe! | 我喘不上气了 |
[07:24] | It hurts! It’s so funny it hurts! | 太疼了 笑得我身上太疼了 |
[07:29] | Seriously?! | 有没有搞错 |
[07:30] | You’re laughing at me after I just danced my heart out?! | 你们居然笑话我发自真心的舞蹈 |
[07:33] | Thanks, Mom! I needed a good laugh. | 谢谢你 妈妈 我正需要开怀一笑 |
[07:36] | It hurts! | 太疼了 |
[07:42] | Are you okay, Dad? | 你没事吧 老爸 |
[07:43] | No, he’s not okay! | 不 他有事 |
[07:44] | He literally injured himself laughing at me! | 他居然真的笑我笑出了内伤 |
[07:48] | Enough! | 够了 |
[07:49] | All you people do is call me a smother and beg me to change. | 你们总叫我过度溺爱老妈求我改变 |
[07:52] | And then when I finally try to do it, | 当我终于试着改变时 |
[07:53] | you mock me with your mean spirits! | 你们却用刻薄的态度嘲笑我 |
[07:55] | Thank you. This is the most fun | 谢谢你 我们一家人 |
[07:57] | that we’ve had as a family in a long time. | 很久没这么一起开心了 |
[08:00] | So funny! | 太好笑了 |
[08:01] | I popped something else! Gotta go back. | 我伤到了其他地方 我得回去 |
[08:06] | Great-grandpa’s balls! | 苍天大地啊 |
[08:08] | Jackie, huge news! | 杰基 大新闻 |
[08:10] | We’re gonna double date with Emmy and her new beau! | 我们要跟艾米和她的新情郎四人约会 |
[08:12] | Oh, my God, Emmy has a boyfriend? | 我的天 艾米交男朋友了 |
[08:13] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[08:14] | But she will once I play a little yenta matchmaker. | 但等我学长舌妇给她牵线她就有了 |
[08:16] | Aw, you’re gonna set her up? | 你要给她介绍男朋友 |
[08:17] | Yep, I’m the best. | 是的 我人最好了 |
[08:19] | Now time to find Emmy a sweet, kind dude | 该给艾米找个人很好的男友了 |
[08:21] | who isn’t popular or threatening to me in any way. | 那人不能人气高或在任何方面威胁到我 |
[08:24] | Muscles Mirsky! | 肌肉妹莫斯基 |
[08:26] | What if I told you there’s three eligible bachelors | 如果我说有三个符合条件的单身汉 |
[08:28] | just waiting to become your boyfriend? | 等着想做你男朋友 你怎么说 |
[08:30] | Mr. Goldberg, this is study hall, not the dating game. | 金伯格 这里是自习室 不是交友节目 |
[08:33] | This’ll only take a minute. | 一下下就好 |
[08:35] | Let’s meet bachelor number one! | 有请一号单身汉上场 |
[08:37] | He’s exotic. He’s mysterious. | 他有异域风情 他很神秘 |
[08:38] | He’s Sergei! | 他就是谢尔盖 |
[08:40] | Good hello, sturdy woman. | 您好 结实的女人 |
[08:42] | This joker? You can’t be serious. | 这个小丑 你肯定在开玩笑 |
[08:44] | Sergei still happy he got out there. | 谢尔盖仍为他努力争取感到开心 |
[08:46] | Okay, rough start. | 好吧 出师不利 |
[08:48] | Bachelor number two is a tall glass of water | 二号单身汉身材高挑 |
[08:50] | who plays clarinet in marching band — | 他在鼓号队里吹单簧管 |
[08:51] | It’s me — Dan! I couldn’t wait for him to finish speaking! | 是我 丹 等不到他说完了 |
[08:53] | Keep walkin’, Dan-O. | 走人吧 蛋仔 |
[08:54] | Thank you for the opportunity to compete. | 谢谢您给我参加竞选的机会 |
[08:56] | Saving the best for last! Bachelor number three! | 我把最好的留到最后了 三号单身汉 |
[08:58] | It better not be Dave Kim. | 最好不是金戴夫 |
[08:59] | Whaaat? I would never! | 什么 我怎会那样对你 |
[09:02] | Look, I appreciate the crappy effort. | 我很感激你这糟烂的心意 |
[09:05] | But… | 但… |
[09:05] | I kinda spent lunch making out with Brian McMahon. | 我午餐时一直在和布莱恩·麦克马洪亲热 |
[09:07] | What do you even see in that guy? | 你到底看上那家伙哪点了 |
[09:09] | He’s handsome and athletic and cool. | 他又帅体育又好又很酷 |
[09:12] | Name one cool guy who doesn’t talk. | 哪个酷哥不爱说话 |
[09:14] | Snake Eyes from “G.I. Joe.” | 《特种部队》里的面具 |
[09:15] | – Name one more. – Teller from Penn and Teller. | -再说一个 -《潘与泰勒》里的泰勒 |
[09:17] | – Name another. – Snoopy. | -再说一个 -史努比 |
[09:18] | He’s the best. | 它最棒了 |
[09:19] | Odd Job from James Bond, | 007系列里的零工 |
[09:20] | Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers. | 《十三号星期五》和《万圣节》里的杀人狂 |
[09:21] | All right, stop dancing in the end zone! | 行了 见好就收吧 |
[09:23] | I couldn’t wait any longer! Have you chosen your suitor? | 我等不下去了 你选好对象没有 |
[09:26] | While my matchmaking blew up in my face, | 在我的牵红线大失败时 |
[09:29] | my mom was about to drop a bomb. | 我妈正要做出惊人发言 |
[09:31] | Bev, where are your dance clothes and your leg warmers? | 贝弗 你怎么没穿舞蹈服和暖腿袜 |
[09:33] | Class is about to start. | 就要上课了 |
[09:34] | These legs will never be warmed again. | 我的腿再也不会穿暖腿袜了 |
[09:36] | Why are you talking so dramatically about dance wear?! | 你为什么如此戏剧化地谈论舞蹈用品 |
[09:38] | I shared my gift of dance with my family. | 我和家人分享了舞蹈的馈赠 |
[09:41] | And they laughed. | 他们嘲笑了我 |
[09:42] | So much so that Murray cracked a bone in his middle body. | 笑到默里中间那截的一根骨头都笑崩了 |
[09:46] | Don’t listen to your family! | 别听你家人的 |
[09:47] | Mine said we’re gonna be awesome! | 我家人说我们会很成功的 |
[09:48] | – Same here. – Mine, too. | -我也是 -我家人也是 |
[09:49] | That’s ’cause they’re kind, stupid liars. | 因为他们都是善良愚蠢的骗子 |
[09:52] | I mean, no offense, but anyone who’s seen Linda dance | 无意冒犯 但任何见过琳达跳舞的人 |
[09:54] | knows she’s got no boogie from the waist down. | 都知道她腰部以下毫无韵律感 |
[09:56] | Excuse me?! | 你说什么 |
[09:57] | Admit it, | 承认吧 |
[09:58] | you jacked up your back | 你后背有伤 |
[10:00] | carrying around your kid for far too long. | 因为你抱孩子抱太多年了 |
[10:02] | Geoff’s 11-year-old legs got tired easily. | 杰夫11岁时腿还是很容易累 |
[10:05] | And don’t get me started on Essie’s jazz hands. | 别让我提埃西的爵士手 |
[10:07] | What’s wrong with my jazz hands? | 我的爵士手怎么了 |
[10:08] | They are crooked and calloused | 你手指弯曲满是老茧 |
[10:09] | from years of scrubbing greasy pans and wiping tushies. | 因为多年来一直给孩子刷锅洗屁屁 |
[10:13] | I was gonna cover them with sparkly gloves for the show. | 我表演时本想戴上亮片手套的 |
[10:15] | And, Ginzy, all those years of stress raising four rowdy boys | 还有尼亚 这些年养四个粗野儿子的压力 |
[10:18] | has given you such a nervous mom-tummy | 让你的老妈肠胃失调 |
[10:21] | that you make poots all through this class. | 你在课上不停地放屁 |
[10:24] | You know about my poots? | 你们知道我放屁 |
[10:25] | – Yes. – So intense. | -是的 -太臭了 |
[10:26] | You know, truth is, I’m still worse off than you. | 事实是 我比你们还糟 |
[10:29] | My family told me I’ll never be anything but a lame-butt mom. | 我家人说我永远只能做个很逊的老妈 |
[10:34] | No use fighting it. | 反抗也没用 |
[10:37] | – Not okay, Ginzy! – Go outside! | -太过分了 尼亚 -出去放 |
[10:39] | The stress activates it. | 我一紧张就放屁 |
[10:41] | Stress activates it! | 我一紧张就放屁 |
[10:43] | I was losing Emmy to the cool kids, | 艾米要被酷小子抢走了 |
[10:45] | so I turned to the coolest dude I knew. | 于是我向我认识的最酷的人寻求帮助 |
[10:47] | Pops! Stop it with the hamantaschen! | 老爷子 别弄三角饼干了 |
[10:49] | I have an emergency! | 我有紧急情况 |
[10:50] | I was so close, | 我马上就弄好了 |
[10:52] | but fine. What do you got? | 但没关系 你怎么了 |
[10:53] | Emmy has a super-popular boyfriend! | 艾米交了个人气超高的男朋友 |
[10:55] | Good for her. | 那很好啊 |
[10:56] | No! She’s gonna leave me in the dust, | 不 她要留我一个人喝西北风了 |
[10:58] | which means I gotta become super cool super fast. | 这意味着我得立即变得超级酷 |
[11:01] | You want cool lessons, huh? | 你想学习怎么变酷是吗 |
[11:02] | Well, you’ve come to the right place. | 你来对地方了 |
[11:04] | I don’t have time to learn stuff! | 我没有时间学习 |
[11:06] | I need an expensive shortcut and I need it now! | 我需要昂贵的捷径 现在就要 |
[11:08] | It was red, it was leather, | 它是红色的 皮革的 |
[11:10] | it was in the “Beat It” video. | 《走开》音乐录像带里的 |
[11:11] | He who wore it was a god amongst men. | 穿上的人立即能成为人中之龙 |
[11:13] | It’s a fact. Anyone who wears this jacket | 是真的 穿上这件宝衣的人 |
[11:15] | is automatically the coolest badass in the room. | 能立即成为屋里最酷的狠角色 |
[11:17] | ‘Cause of all the zippers? | 因为上面拉链很多吗 |
[11:19] | ‘Cause of MJ. | 因为迈克尔·杰克逊 |
[11:20] | And no kid on earth has one ’cause it costs $463. | 地球上没孩子有因为它要463美元 |
[11:24] | You don’t need this farkakte spaceman jacket. | 你不需要这件扯淡的宇宙外套 |
[11:28] | Fine. I’m just gonna call Emmy | 那好 我给艾米打电话 |
[11:29] | and tell her Shy Bri is no good for her. | 告诉他和羞布莱在一起对她没好处 |
[11:31] | No, that is the least cool thing to do. | 不 最不酷的事莫过于此 |
[11:34] | Hello? | 你好 |
[11:35] | Hi, Mrs. Mirsky, it’s Adam. Is Emmy there? | 莫斯基太太 我是亚当 艾米在吗 |
[11:38] | No. She said she was studying with you tonight. | 不在 她说她今晚去你家学习 |
[11:40] | Emmy used me as her nerd cover story. | 艾米用我这个书呆子当挡箭牌 |
[11:43] | Oh, no! How sad for you but smart of her. | 糟糕 你悲剧了但她好聪明 |
[11:46] | She’s not there, is she? | 她不在你家对不对 |
[11:47] | Of course! I just forgot! | 她当然在 是我忘了 |
[11:49] | She’s making popcorn in the…popcorn room. | 她在爆米花室做爆米花 |
[11:54] | Can I talk to her? | 能让她接电话吗 |
[11:55] | Of course you can. | 当然可以 |
[11:56] | Hey, Emmy! Your mom’s on the phone! | 艾米 你妈叫你接电话 |
[11:59] | Here she comes. | 她来了 |
[12:00] | She’s walking to the phone with the popcorn in her hand. | 她端着爆米花朝电话走过来了 |
[12:03] | Oh, no, she just tripped and fell! | 不 她绊倒了 |
[12:06] | The popcorn is everywhere! | 爆米花撒了一地 |
[12:08] | Now, I just fell! Gotta go! | 现在我摔倒了 我得挂了 |
[12:10] | She has nev- | 她从没… |
[12:14] | I’m gonna buy you the red jacket. | 我给你买这件红外套 |
[12:16] | Once again, Pops bailed me out. | 又一次 老爷子保了我 |
[12:17] | And thanks to the ridicule, my mom bailed on dancing. | 而多亏了那些嘲笑 我妈放弃了跳舞 |
[12:20] | Baby, I love you! You make everything so much better! | 宝贝 我爱你 你让一切变得更好 |
[12:23] | You shamed your mom into quitting, | 你羞辱你妈让她放弃 |
[12:25] | who shamed my mom into quitting | 她羞辱我妈让她放弃 |
[12:26] | and then everyone else quit | 然后所有人都放弃了 |
[12:27] | and now the whole thing’s canceled. | 现在整场演出都取消了 |
[12:28] | Well, you’re welcome, handsome. | 不客气 帅哥 |
[12:29] | Wait. Bevy and all her friends quit that thing? | 等等 贝弗和她朋友们都退出了 |
[12:31] | Thanks to your amazing and cruel daughter. | 多亏了你厉害残忍的女儿 |
[12:33] | I was awful, too. | 我也很过分 |
[12:34] | Dinner’s served. | 晚饭做好了 |
[12:37] | If you need me, I’ll be upstairs in bed | 有事找我的话 我就在楼上躺着 |
[12:38] | staring at the ceiling thinking about what could’ve been. | 盯着天花板想着我无法实现的梦想 |
[12:41] | Cool. | 好 |
[12:43] | Um, what’s the deal with this sad lasagna? | 这个可悲的千层面是怎么回事 |
[12:45] | Mom’s never made anything in a casserole dish | 老妈每次做的砂锅菜 |
[12:46] | with less than eight layers. What’s going on? | 都至少八层 她怎么了 |
[12:48] | Clearly you morons hurt the lady | 很显然你们这些白痴让她伤心了 |
[12:50] | and you’re gonna apologize. | 你们得去道歉 |
[12:52] | Write one of your annoying keyboard songs | 写一首你们那些烦人的键盘歌 |
[12:54] | where you rap and jump around. | 边饶舌边蹦来蹦去 |
[12:55] | You know, the annoying crap you do every week. | 就是你们每周都整的那些烦人的幺蛾子 |
[12:57] | Why just us? You were laughing, too. | 怎么只让我们去 你也笑她了 |
[12:59] | Please, I’m her husband. I never have to say I’m sorry. | 拜托 我是她老公 我永远不用道歉 |
[13:02] | That’s how marriage works. | 婚姻就是这样 |
[13:04] | Okay, I’ll get my Casio. | 好吧 我去拿键盘 |
[13:06] | And I’ll get my crazy mad flow. | 我去准备疯狂的韵律感 |
[13:08] | As they strolled off to make amends, | 在他们四散去准备弥补时 |
[13:10] | I was desperately hoping my new red jacket would make me cool. | 我极度渴望我的红色新外套能让我变酷 |
[13:14] | Beat it! | 走开 |
[13:15] | Oh, yeah, sorry, right. I’ll get out of here. | 抱歉 好的 我这就走 |
[13:18] | Nah, bro. Your jacket. It’s from “Beat It.” | 不 老兄 你的外套是《走开》里的 |
[13:20] | This kid rules, ’cause look — look, he’s got the jacket! | 这小子真酷 快看 他有那件外套 |
[13:23] | No biggie. I’ve had it forever. | 没啥大不了的 这是旧衣服了 |
[13:25] | Some say MJ got the idea from me. | 有人说MJ是从我这得到的灵感 |
[13:27] | Gnarly. | 牛逼啊 |
[13:28] | Oh, so you’re a bad, gnarly boy now? ‘Sup up? | 现在你成牛逼坏男孩了 你好吗 |
[13:31] | I have a girlfriend. | 我有女朋友了 |
[13:33] | That’s part of it for me. | 我就喜欢这样的 |
[13:34] | You making moves on my girl, small fry? | 你勾引我妹子 混小子 |
[13:36] | You’re so dead, but sweet jacket, | 你死定了 但外套不错 |
[13:38] | so we’re friends now. | 所以我们是朋友了 |
[13:39] | Okay, cool, man. I’ll catch you later. | 好 伙计 回头见 |
[13:42] | – Adam? – Dude, you suck, | -亚当 -哥们 你太逊了 |
[13:44] | ’cause you ditched me to hang here. | 因为你不带我自己来玩 |
[13:46] | Ain’t that right, that guy? | 对不对 那家伙 |
[13:47] | Beat It! | 走开 |
[13:48] | Are you kidding me? I finally find someone I like | 你在开玩笑吗 我终于找到了喜欢的人 |
[13:50] | and you can’t even be happy for me? | 你甚至不替我开心 |
[13:52] | Happy? We’re best friends! | 开心 我们是最好的朋友 |
[13:54] | It’s supposed to be just you and me! | 我们本该一起玩的 |
[13:56] | We grow up together and live next door to each other | 我们本该一起长大 住在彼此隔壁 |
[13:58] | and raise our kids side by side! | 一起养大两家的孩子 |
[14:00] | No matter who we were with, it was supposed to be us! | 无论我们和谁交往我们都不该分开 |
[14:03] | You are such a hypocrite. | 你真虚伪 |
[14:05] | Did I ever complain when I got shoved into the background | 你跟戴娜和杰基交往时把我当人肉背景 |
[14:08] | while you were with Dana or Jackie? | 我抱怨过吗 |
[14:09] | That’s different and you know it. | 那不一样 你很清楚 |
[14:11] | How? I’ve been the third wheel forever. | 哪不一样 我一直是电灯泡 |
[14:13] | Uh, this is all super weird, | 这太奇怪了 |
[14:16] | and it’s making me feel like the third wheel. | 让我觉得我是电灯泡 |
[14:17] | Why is he suddenly talking? | 他怎么突然开口说话了 |
[14:18] | See you in gym class or whatever. | 体育课再见 随便吧 |
[14:23] | Guess Shy Bri really opens up on the weekends, huh? | 看来羞布莱在周末话很多 |
[14:25] | Don’t talk to me. Ever again. | 永远别再和我说话了 |
[14:29] | – Beat it! – Yeah, yeah, the jacket. | -走开 -是的是的 外套 |
[14:31] | No. Actually beat it. | 不 我让你走开 |
[14:33] | You’re a bad friend. Not cool. | 你是个坏朋友 太过分了 |
[14:34] | He was right. I really did lose Emmy. | 他说得对 我真的失去了艾米 |
[14:37] | Meanwhile, my mom was about to get | 与此同时 我妈正要收到 |
[14:39] | the most elaborate apology in history. | 史上最精心编排的道歉 |
[14:41] | There she is! Our flashy little flashdancer! | 她来了 我们的闪电小舞者 |
[14:45] | What is all this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[14:46] | You’re about to witness the greatest apology ever. | 你将见证史上最棒的道歉 |
[14:50] | Behold! A three-act hip-hopera | 请看这场三幕的嘻哈歌剧 |
[14:52] | so powerful you’ll forgive anything. | 强力到能让你原谅一切 |
[14:54] | -JTP -JTP – JTP! – JTP! | |
[14:56] | Drop a respectful apology beat! | 来点有敬意的道歉节奏 |
[14:59] | – Mom — – Stop! It worked. | -妈 -行了 起效了 |
[15:01] | I forgive you. I can’t stay mad at my babies. | 我原谅你们 我做不到和宝贝们赌气 |
[15:03] | But…there’s two hours left, plus intermission. | 可还有两小时的表演和幕间休息呢 |
[15:05] | I’m fine. Just go be kids. | 我不生气了 你们还是孩子 |
[15:07] | So we’re good here? | 这么说我们都和好了 |
[15:09] | The kids are sorry, you’re back to dancing. | 孩子们知错了 你要重新开始跳舞了 |
[15:11] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[15:13] | What about you? Anything you want to say? | 你怎么不参与 你没有想说的吗 |
[15:16] | You do have to apologize! | 你也必须道歉 |
[15:18] | I do not! Do I? | 我不用 用吗 |
[15:20] | You don’t get it, do you? | 你还不懂是不是 |
[15:22] | I expect my kids to only think of me as a mom, | 我知道孩子们只会把我看作一个老妈子 |
[15:25] | but you’re my husband. | 但你是我老公 |
[15:27] | You’re supposed to think of me as something more. | 你本该高看我一眼的 |
[15:33] | Marriage is hard. | 婚姻真难经营 |
[15:34] | Get out of my house! | 滚出我家 |
[15:37] | Even though my stubborn dad hated apologizing, | 尽管我顽固的老爸憎恨道歉 |
[15:39] | this time he’d have to face the music. | 这次他也不得不面对音乐了 |
[15:42] | Oh, whatever this is, I’m not in the mood. | 无论你要做什么 我没心情看 |
[15:44] | I’m just getting ready for the big dance show | 我只是在为珍金镇犹太社区活动中心的 |
[15:45] | – at the Jenkintown JCC. – Stop. | -舞蹈演出做准备 -打住 |
[15:47] | Thanks to you, Murray, I’m never dancing again. | 多谢你 默里 我再也不会跳舞了 |
[15:50] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[15:51] | But there’s gonna be a Goldberg on stage tonight, | 但无论如何 金伯格家今晚一定要有人 |
[15:54] | no matter what. | 上台表演 |
[15:55] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[15:57] | The kids gave you an apology opera. | 孩子们为你准备了道歉歌剧 |
[15:59] | I’m giving you an I’m-sorry dance. | 我要为你跳我很抱歉舞 |
[16:01] | Well, dancing requires movement, | 跳舞要动来动去 |
[16:02] | which is what you hate the most. | 你最讨厌动来动去了 |
[16:04] | I think you’ll find me shockingly agile. | 你会很惊讶我有多灵活的 |
[16:10] | – Please stop. – Can’t stop. | -求你别跳了 -不能不跳 |
[16:11] | Got flashdance fever. | 我染上了闪电舞热 |
[16:13] | I just ate. | 我刚吃过饭 |
[16:14] | Uh, okay, here comes the good stuff. | 那好 精彩部分来了 |
[16:17] | That was a stupid, stupid thing to do, | 你这样做实在太蠢太蠢了 |
[16:19] | moving your body to music like that! | 怎能那样随着音乐移动身体 |
[16:21] | You were supposed to stop me and go to your dance recital. | 你本该阻止我然后去舞蹈演出的 |
[16:25] | Well, everyone’s right. I am not a flashdancer. | 大家说得对 我不是闪电舞者 |
[16:27] | – I’m just a mom. – Not to me. | -我只是个老妈 -对我来说不是 |
[16:30] | You’re beautiful, you’re brave, you’re strong. | 你美丽 勇敢 强大 |
[16:34] | Now I see why the kids write their dumb songs. | 现在我明白孩子们为什么写那些傻歌了 |
[16:36] | This stuff is really hard to say. | 这些话真的很难说出口 |
[16:38] | Now go get your yenta friends and get back on the dance floor. | 快去找你的长舌妇朋友重返舞台 |
[16:41] | I made them all quit. | 我让她们都退出了 |
[16:43] | Well, get them to un-quit. | 那就让她们再加入 |
[16:44] | ‘Cause that’s what my pushy, amazing wife would do. | 因为我喜欢强人所难的好老婆就会那样做 |
[16:51] | With that, Beverly Goldberg forced her friends | 就这样 贝弗莉·金伯格逼她的朋友们 |
[16:53] | back onto that stage. | 重返舞台 |
[16:55] | But within moments, | 但在那瞬间 |
[16:56] | my mom’s harsh words came flooding back to all of them. | 她们猛然想起了我妈过分的批评 |
[16:59] | And so, they completely forgot their routine. | 于是她们完全忘记了编舞 |
[17:03] | And then they rolled around in a panic. | 然后她们恐慌地满地乱滚 |
[17:04] | xxx. Ginzy. | 该死的 尼亚 |
[17:13] | Can we start again? | 我们能重新开始吗 |
[17:17] | Is she asking me? Is this my decision? | 她是在问我吗 要由我决定吗 |
[17:21] | Look at me. We got this. | 看着我 我们能行 |
[17:25] | And with one look, my mom reminded them all | 就这一眼 我妈让她们想起了 |
[17:27] | why they signed up for that class in the first place. | 她们最初为什么要报这门课 |
[17:29] | They were moms, and that meant they were tough. | 她们是老妈 那意味着她们很坚强 |
[17:32] | They were fearless. | 她们无所畏惧 |
[17:33] | They were dancers. | 她们是舞者 |
[17:36] | Kinda. | 勉强算是吧 |
[17:37] | Sure, their moves weren’t perfect, | 的确 她们的舞步并不完美 |
[17:38] | but it didn’t matter. | 但那并不重要 |
[17:39] | That night, my mom didn’t win over a panel of stuffy judges. | 那晚 我妈没有感化一群古板的评委 |
[17:43] | She won over her judgy family. | 她感化了她爱挑毛病的家人 |
[17:45] | Lookin’ good, Beverly! | 跳得好 贝弗莉 |
[17:47] | I know her! That’s my mom! | 我认识她 那是我妈 |
[17:49] | That’s my wife! She puts up with me! | 那是我老婆 她得天天受着我 |
[17:54] | It was a moment my mom and her friends would never forget, | 我妈和她的朋友们永远不会忘记那一刻 |
[17:56] | and a night I wish never had happened. | 而我则希望那晚的事从没发生过 |
[17:59] | Oh, there he is. How’d the jacket work out? | 你回来了 外套起作用了吗 |
[18:03] | Hey, kiddo. | 孩子 |
[18:05] | I thought Emmy and I would be best friends forever. | 我以为艾米和我会永远是好朋友 |
[18:10] | You know the greatest thing about your best friend? | 你知道好朋友最棒的地方是什么吗 |
[18:13] | What? | 什么 |
[18:14] | Even if you drift apart, | 哪怕你们分道扬镳了 |
[18:16] | you always find a way back | 你们永远能再聚到一起 |
[18:18] | and you pick up right where you left off. | 就像从没分开过一样 |
[18:21] | – You think? – You’ll always be friends. | -你真这么想 -你们永远都是朋友 |
[18:23] | Now go make this right with her. | 快去弥补她一下 |
[18:26] | In that moment, I realized some cool jacket | 在那一刻 我意识到一件酷外套 |
[18:29] | wasn’t gonna fix things with Emmy. | 并不能修复我和艾米的友情 |
[18:31] | The answer was to just believe in our friendship. | 答案是只要相信我们的友情就好 |
[18:34] | And so I rode through the dark night | 于是我骑车穿过黑夜 |
[18:35] | to get back my best friend in the world, | 去挽回这世界上我最好的朋友 |
[18:37] | even though I knew in my heart | 哪怕我心里很清楚 |
[18:39] | it would change things between us forever. | 这将永远改变我们的关系 |
[18:40] | Hey, open up! We really gotta talk! | 开窗 我们需要谈谈 |
[18:46] | Why are you at my window? | 你为什么要爬我的窗户 |
[18:47] | ‘Cause I screwed up. But you gotta let me fix this. | 因为我搞砸了 但你得给我机会弥补 |
[18:50] | I’d do anything to make Emmy happy, | 我愿意做任何事让艾米开心 |
[18:52] | even if it means she won’t be in my life as much. | 哪怕那意味着她将来不会总和我在一起 |
[18:55] | So go get her back. | 去把她追回来吧 |
[18:56] | I…kinda never know what to say. | 我从来不知道该说什么 |
[18:58] | Lucky for you, her best friend knows everything about her. | 你走运了 她好朋友了解一切关于她的事 |
[19:08] | How’d you know I got a thing for penguins? | 你怎么知道我喜欢企鹅 |
[19:10] | A friend told me. | 一个朋友告诉我的 |
[19:14] | When you said you’d set up Emmy, | 你说要给艾米拉红线的时候 |
[19:16] | I didn’t know you meant Hot Brian. | 我不知道你是指帅哥布莱恩 |
[19:17] | Easy. | 悠着点 |
[19:19] | Well, she really is lucky to have a best friend like you. | 有你这样的好朋友她真幸运 |
[19:22] | Turns out Pops was right. | 原来老爷子说得对 |
[19:24] | Even if your best friend sets off on a different path, | 哪怕你和最好的朋友分道扬镳了 |
[19:26] | they never go too far. | 他们永远不会离你而去 |
[19:27] | For me and Emmy, we didn’t end up living next door to each other, | 我和艾米最终并没有住在彼此隔壁 |
[19:30] | or even in the same city. | 我们甚至不在一个城市 |
[19:32] | But to this day, whenever we see each other, | 但直到今天 无论我们何时重聚 |
[19:34] | we pick up right where we left off. | 我们总像从没分开过一样 |
[19:37] | And it’s not just the friendships in life that change. | 人生中不仅友情会随时间改变 |
[19:40] | Sometimes those closest to you | 有时你最亲近的人 |
[19:42] | can surprise you in ways you never imagined. | 能用你意想不到的方式给你惊喜 |
[19:44] | All my mom wanted was to prove to herself | 我妈只想向自己证明 |
[19:47] | that she could be more than just Beverly Goldberg. | 她可以成为贝弗莉·金伯格以外的人 |
[19:49] | But in the end, my dad made her realize | 但最终 我爸让她意识到 |
[19:52] | that there really was no one else in the world | 她其实没必要成为 |
[19:54] | that she needed to be. | 其他任何人 |
[19:57] | That’s the thing about family — | 家人就是这样 |
[19:58] | there’s no one better to put your heart and soul on the line for | 只有从一开始就爱你的人 |
[20:01] | than the people who loved you from the start. | 最值得你付出心与灵魂 |
[20:09] | Okay, I’m here with the real Emmy Mirsky, | 我身边的是现实中的艾米·莫斯基 |
[20:12] | and I have a few questions for you. | 我有几个问题想问你 |
[20:14] | So, how long have you known Adam? | 你认识亚当多久了 |
[20:15] | Since we were 6. | 六岁起就认识了 |
[20:17] | – You only cried a little. – Yes. | -你只哭了一会 -是的 |
[20:19] | Do we have that on tape? | 都录下来了吗 |
[20:22] | My favorite thing about Adam is just that he’s so funny, | 我最喜欢亚当的一点是他很有趣 |
[20:25] | and just being able to make everyone around him laugh. | 他能逗身边的人笑 |
[20:27] | Especially when I go back | 特别是我回老家时 |
[20:29] | and he shows me these ridiculous videos that he took — | 他会给我看小时候的录像 |
[20:32] | we were just insane. We were complete lunatics. | 我们太疯狂了 两个小疯子 |
[20:35] | For us it wan’t really like “Oh, a boy and a girl,” | 我们之间不是那种”男孩和女孩”的感觉 |
[20:38] | it was just like we were just two crazy bizarre kids | 只是两个奇怪的小疯子 |
[20:41] | just wanting to goof off all the time. | 一直想装疯卖傻 |
[20:44] | The audience asks every single times when there’s an Emmy episode. | 每次有艾米的戏份观众们都会问 |
[20:47] | IF… if you and Adam were secretly madly deeply | 你和亚当是不是秘密地疯狂地深深地 |
[20:51] | – in love with each other? – No. | -爱着彼此 -不是 |
[20:55] | No. The answer is no. | 不是 回答是不是 |
[20:57] | – He’s gonna be very disappointed. – I doubt that. | -他会很失望的 -我看不会 |