时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, I was obsessed with musical theater. | 在八十年代 我痴迷于音乐剧 |
[00:03] | From “Jesus Christ Superstar” to “Phantom of the Opera,” | 从《万世巨星》到《歌剧魅影》 |
[00:06] | I loved the stage. | 我热爱舞台 |
[00:07] | At least, most of the time. | 至少大部分时间如此 |
[00:08] | People, the moment has arrived. | 大伙 这一刻终于到来 |
[00:11] | My dearest theater students | 我最亲爱的戏剧学生们 |
[00:12] | and kids who do stage crew for some reason… | 和莫名愿意做舞台工作人员的孩子们 |
[00:15] | I work best in the shadows. | 我在阴影中表现最好 |
[00:16] | No one cares, Dan. | 没人在乎 丹 |
[00:17] | This year, William Penn Academy will be performing | 今年 威廉·佩恩高中将会上演 |
[00:20] | the most important musical of our time — | 我们这个时代最重要的音乐剧 |
[00:23] | “Fiddler on the Roof”! | 《屋顶上的小提琴手》 |
[00:25] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[00:29] | Since when does Adam Goldberg “meh” a musical? | 亚当·金伯格怎么突然对音乐剧这么不屑 |
[00:31] | Fiddler’s just so heavy and dreary and Russian. | 《小提琴手》又沉重又枯燥又是俄国故事 |
[00:34] | I’m more into the happy toe-tapping musicals, | 我更喜欢快乐欢快的音乐剧 |
[00:37] | like “Music Man” or “Pippin” | 例如《乐器推销员》或《彼平正传》 |
[00:38] | or not “Fiddler.” | 或《小提琴手》以外的 |
[00:40] | So, you’re not gonna even audition? | 所以你连试镜都不参加吗 |
[00:42] | I wanted us to be Golde and Tevye. | 我希望咱俩能演戈尔德和泰维亚 |
[00:44] | They’re the power couple of peasant Russia. | 他们是苏俄农民中的超级情侣 |
[00:46] | Like Luke and Laura, but sadder. | 像《综合医院》的卢克和劳拉 不过更惨 |
[00:48] | Sorry, girl. | 抱歉 妹子 |
[00:49] | As long as it’s “Fiddler on the Roof,” I ain’t doing it. | 只要是《屋顶上的小提琴手》 我就不演 |
[00:52] | You’re doing it. | 你必须演 |
[00:53] | But you hate all musicals with every fiber of your being. | 可你全身的每个细胞都憎恨音乐剧 |
[00:55] | Of course! They’re long and boring, | 当然 那玩意又长又无聊 |
[00:57] | and they’re about cats or painting wagons. | 讲的还是猫和长征万宝山 |
[01:00] | But “Fiddler on the Roof”? The best. | 可《屋顶上的小提琴手》是最棒的 |
[01:02] | Well, it reminds me of Pops’ sad relatives | 它让我想起老爷子可怜的亲戚们 |
[01:04] | who visit us from the old country. | 从故土来看咱们 |
[01:05] | Their clothes are all schmutzy and smell like turnips. | 他们的衣服总是脏脏的 还有萝卜味 |
[01:08] | Adam, you have to do this play. | 亚当 你必须参演这出剧 |
[01:10] | Our people have a few special things we’re all proud of — | 我们族人有特殊感情又引以为傲的事不多 |
[01:13] | Sandy Koufax, The Fonz, Sammy Davis Jr., | 山迪·柯法斯 方兹 小山米·戴维斯 |
[01:16] | and “Fiddler on the Roof.” | 和《屋顶上的小提琴手》 |
[01:19] | Gah, fine! | 好吧 |
[01:20] | I’ll audition to be in the chorus or something. | 我会试镜唱个和声什么的 |
[01:22] | Absolutely not! | 绝对不行 |
[01:23] | In my house, it’s Tevye or nothing. | 在我家 除了泰维亚都不接受 |
[01:25] | I don’t want to be the lead! | 我不想演主角 |
[01:26] | You’re gonna be Tevye, damn it! | 你必须演泰维亚 该死的 |
[01:28] | Now put on my grandfather’s old Russian coat and sing for me. | 穿上我爷爷的苏俄旧外套 唱歌给我听 |
[01:31] | It’s so heavy. | 太沉了 |
[01:32] | Like the weight of a man with too many daughters. | 这是生太多女儿的男人所肩负的沉重 |
[01:34] | How do I already smell? How? | 怎么会已经有味了 怎么会 |
[01:36] | That’s the smell of greatness. | 那是伟大的味道 |
[01:37] | Now show me your shimmy. | 跳个西迷舞给我看看 |
[01:39] | I don’t wanna shimmy. | 我不想跳西迷舞 |
[01:40] | Shimmy for your father, damn it. Like this. | 为你父亲跳个西迷舞 该死的 像这样 |
[01:42] | It’s in our blood and our shoulders. | 我们的血统和肩膀自带这个技能 |
[01:46] | If that’s how you shimmy, damn it, | 假如这就是你的西迷舞 该死的 |
[01:48] | we got to go back to fundamentals. | 我们得重新从基础练起 |
[01:50] | Come on, put your game face on. Do it! | 快点 态度严肃点 快跳 |
[01:51] | Stop riding my back, man! | 别再逼我了 |
[01:53] | I’m doing my best. | 我已经尽力了 |
[01:54] | Stop. What’s going on in here? | 都停下 你们在做什么 |
[01:56] | Not now, Barry. Adam’s form is off. | 现在不行 巴瑞 亚当的身形很不标准 |
[01:58] | I got to coach some sense into the kid. | 我得好好训练这孩子 |
[02:00] | Sounds to me like a father demanding perfection | 听起来像是一个父亲强迫孩子做到完美 |
[02:02] | and telling his son he’s not good enough. | 还告诉孩子他做得不够好 |
[02:04] | That’s exactly what’s happening. | 完全就是这种情况 |
[02:06] | – Damn it, I want that! – Why? | -该死的 我想体验 -为啥 |
[02:08] | ‘Cause it’s my dream to have a sports dad | 因为我的梦想就是有个体育老爸 |
[02:09] | who spazzes out in the stands and calls me a lazy failure | 在看台上发疯 叫我懒散的废物 |
[02:12] | who needs to play harder. | 叫我更努力比赛 |
[02:13] | Great. He’s yours. Take him. | 太好了 他是你的了 拿走吧 |
[02:15] | Oh, no. If we’re gonna win this part, | 不 假如我们想赢得这角色 |
[02:16] | we got to buckle down and dig in. | 我们得做好完全准备 |
[02:18] | Fine, forget sports! | 好吧 忘记体育吧 |
[02:20] | Whatever your dumb thing is, I’ll do it. | 无论你在准备什么蠢东西 我都去做 |
[02:22] | It’s “Fiddler on the Roof.” | 是《屋顶上的小提琴手》 |
[02:23] | Great. I’ll go on the roof right now with a fiddle. | 太好了 我这就拿着小提琴到屋顶上去 |
[02:25] | You don’t even have one! | 你根本没有小提琴 |
[02:26] | I’m gonna go bongo on the roof. Where’s the ladder? | 我去屋顶上打小手鼓 梯子在哪 |
[02:27] | – Do not get the ladder. – Ladder it is. | -不准去拿梯子 -这就去拿梯子 |
[02:29] | Do not go in that garage and touch my ladder, moron! | 不准去车库拿我的梯子 白痴 |
[02:32] | I mean it! | 我认真的 |
[02:33] | Too late, theater sports dad. | 太晚了 戏剧体育老爸 |
[02:35] | I’ll send a rope down for my bongos. | 我会放根绳子下来钓小手鼓 |
[02:51] | It was November 1st, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的十一月一日 |
[02:53] | and my mom and sister were helping Geoff | 我妈和我姐正在帮杰夫 |
[02:56] | prep for his SATs. | 准备SAT考试 |
[02:57] | I failed, didn’t I? Oh, God, I failed. | 我考砸了是不是 老天 我考砸了 |
[02:59] | I’m not going to college! | 我上不了大学了 |
[03:00] | I’m gonna live under a bridge, | 我会住在大桥底下 |
[03:01] | and I’m gonna have to use the wall as a bathroom. | 不得不把墙当成卫生间 |
[03:02] | Dude, I am here for you. | 老兄 有我陪着你 |
[03:04] | No matter how dumb the test says you are. | 无论测验说你有多蠢 |
[03:06] | Okay, let’s see. You got… | 好了 我们瞧瞧 你得了 |
[03:09] | 1,540! | 1540分 |
[03:10] | Babe, I am so sorr- Wait, what? | 亲爱的 我很遗 等等 什么 |
[03:12] | 1,540?! Holy poop! | 1540分 苍天大地啊 |
[03:14] | Yeah, “Holy poop” is right. | 是啊 “苍天大地啊” |
[03:15] | I can go to college now! And a wide variety. | 我能上大学了 而且随便挑 |
[03:17] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[03:19] | That’s, like, a super good score. | 这分数也太高了 |
[03:20] | Is it wrong? It must be wrong. | 算错了吗 肯定是算错了 |
[03:22] | I mean, how is that possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[03:23] | Well, I mean, I get straight As and I study all the time. | 我一直是全优学生 总在学习 |
[03:26] | Wait, did you not know I was smart? | 等等 你不知道我很聪明吗 |
[03:27] | No! I mean, I do hear you talk about homework a lot, | 不 我是总听你说作业的事 |
[03:30] | but all I see is your cute, dumb face. | 可我只能看到你可爱的傻脸 |
[03:32] | Oh, young Geoffrey, your mother is going to plotz. | 年轻的杰夫瑞 你妈会欣喜若狂的 |
[03:35] | Aside from grandchildren, | 除了抱上孙子孙女 |
[03:37] | braggable SAT scores | 值得炫耀的SAT分数 |
[03:39] | are the greatest gift a child can give. | 是孩子能献上的最好的礼物 |
[03:41] | I know. I-I can for sure go to UCLA now. | 我知道 我肯定能去加州大LA分校了 |
[03:43] | Wait, but that UC is in LA. | 等等 可加州大在LA |
[03:45] | And LA stands for Los Angeles. | LA就是洛杉矶 |
[03:47] | It’s where my dad went. | 那是我爸的母校 |
[03:48] | And doing what other people want makes me happy | 做别人想让我做的事让我快乐 |
[03:50] | ’cause I’m a pleaser. | 我喜欢讨好别人 |
[03:51] | Bye, babe. Love you. | 回见 亲爱的 爱你 |
[03:53] | 1,540. | 1540分 |
[03:54] | Holy Fxxx! | 我操 |
[03:55] | I can’t believe this. | 难以置信 |
[03:57] | That stupid goof-ass genius is gonna leave Philly | 那个傻瓜蠢天才会离开费城 |
[03:59] | and never look back. | 永不回头 |
[04:00] | Oh, well, can you blame him? | 你能怪他吗 |
[04:02] | Everybody in LA eats sushi | 洛杉矶人人都吃寿司 |
[04:03] | and has hair just like their dog, | 发型都和自家狗狗一样 |
[04:05] | and the cops are so nice they can’t solve crimes, | 警察都友善到不能破案 |
[04:07] | so Axel Foley helps ’em. | 得靠阿克塞尔·弗利[角色]帮他们 |
[04:09] | That’s all from “Beverly Hills Cop.” | 那都是《贝弗莉山超级警探》的情节 |
[04:10] | Oh, such a good movie. | 多好的电影 |
[04:12] | It has my name | 片名里有我的名字 |
[04:13] | and that Axel Foley has an infectious giggle. | 阿克塞尔·弗利的笑声会传染 |
[04:18] | Stop talking about Axel Foley! | 别再说阿克塞尔·弗利了 |
[04:20] | I will not let Geoff go to LA. | 我不会让杰夫去洛杉矶 |
[04:22] | Oh, squishy… | 小宝贝 |
[04:23] | some things are just out of your control. | 有些事不是你能控制的 |
[04:26] | Not if I make sure he tanks those SATs. | 但我可以确保他SAT考砸 |
[04:29] | Shame on you for even thinking such a thing. | 你居然这样想 真丢人 |
[04:32] | If it’s one rule I live by, | 假如我人生只有一条准则 |
[04:33] | it’s that you can’t smother your loved ones. | 就是不能过度溺爱你喜爱的人 |
[04:36] | Um, hello? | 拜托 |
[04:37] | Remember, I wanted to apply to college in California? | 记得吗 我想申请加州的大学 |
[04:39] | You tried to sabotage my SATs | 你试图害我SAT考砸 |
[04:42] | by teaching me fake vocabulary words. | 用假单词卡教我单词 |
[04:44] | I swear on my life | 我用生命发誓 |
[04:46] | nothing like that has even remotely happened. | 根本从没发生过那种事 |
[04:49] | I came up with some more vocab cards for you to memorize. | 我想到了一些新单词卡帮你记单词 |
[04:52] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢了 妈 |
[04:53] | “Scubulence”? | “潜衡” |
[04:54] | Yep, my mom taught Erica these absurd words | 没错 我妈教爱丽卡这些荒唐的单词 |
[04:56] | so she’d tank her test and never leave. | 好让她考砸 永不离家 |
[04:58] | That’s a weird word. | 这单词真奇怪 |
[04:59] | I have made enormous strides | 作为一个人和一个母亲 |
[05:01] | as a human being and mama over the past few years. | 我在过去几年里进步非常大 |
[05:04] | Truly, I have changed. | 真的 我变了 |
[05:06] | No, you haven’t. | 不 你没变 |
[05:07] | You’ve had the same insane hair, sweaters, | 你还是留疯狂的发型 穿毛衣 |
[05:10] | and obsession with your kids since forever. | 过度溺爱孩子 一如既往 |
[05:12] | Erica. One of my biggest regrets | 爱丽卡 我最大的悔恨之一 |
[05:14] | was trying to fool you with those fake SAT cards. | 就是试图用那些假SAT单词卡骗你 |
[05:18] | Trust me — do not make the same mistake. | 相信我 不要犯一样的错 |
[05:21] | Damn it, you’re right. | 该死的 你说得对 |
[05:22] | I can’t do to Geoff what you did to me. | 我不能像你对我那样对杰夫 |
[05:24] | I could never stoop that low. | 我永远不能那么低级 |
[05:25] | And yet, she did. | 可她还是做了 |
[05:27] | That day, my sister went full Beverly Goldberg | 那天 我姐彻底变成了贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[05:29] | to keep the love of her life close by. | 死死绑紧生命中所爱的人 |
[05:31] | Plorpf! Yes! | “证事” 找到了 |
[05:32] | While my sister was ready to con Geoff, | 正当我姐准备骗杰夫时 |
[05:34] | I was trying to bargain my way out of “Fiddler.” | 我正试图讨价还价逃离《小提琴手》 |
[05:36] | Mr. Goldberg, welcome to what I can only assume | 金伯格先生 欢迎迎来你人生中 |
[05:39] | is the single most important moment of your young life. | 最为重要的一刻 我能想象 |
[05:42] | Um, I’m thinking this year we don’t do this dance | 我想今年我们就不走这个套路了 |
[05:44] | where I put you in the awkward position | 我把你逼到尴尬境地 |
[05:45] | of having to give me a good part | 逼你给我重要角色 |
[05:47] | even though I can’t sing or act. | 尽管我不会唱歌不会演戏 |
[05:48] | But won’t your mom just march down here and yell at me | 可我因为你声音难听给你不好的角色 |
[05:50] | when I give you a lousy part because of your screechy voice? | 你妈不会大步流星进来吼我吗 |
[05:52] | I give you my word, | 我向你保证 |
[05:54] | this year there will be no Beverly Goldberg. | 今年不会有贝弗莉·金伯格出现 |
[05:56] | I’m only here ’cause I promised my dad I’d audition, | 我来只是因为答应了我爸会参加试镜 |
[05:58] | so just throw me a few lines and I’ll be on my way. | 所以随便给我几句台词我就走 |
[06:00] | You got yourself a deal. | 我们说定了 |
[06:01] | And so I hatched my plan | 我就这样孵化了 |
[06:02] | to half-ass my way through “Fiddler.” | 在《小提琴手》蒙混过关的计划 |
[06:05] | Dude, I got Lazar Wolf, | 老兄 我演雷泽·沃夫 |
[06:07] | the handsome town stud. | 镇上的英俊猛男 |
[06:08] | That’s typecasting Dave Kim likes. | 金戴夫喜欢这种刻板选角 |
[06:10] | I’m the constable. | 我是治安官 |
[06:11] | Six lines, no songs, | 六句台词 不用唱歌 |
[06:13] | done by intermission. Dream role. | 到幕间休息就没戏份了 梦想中的角色 |
[06:16] | Move. Move your tiny bodies. | 闪开 闪开你这小身板 |
[06:18] | Let’s go. | 快点 |
[06:19] | Dad? What are you doing here? | 爸 你怎么来了 |
[06:21] | Today’s our big day! | 今天是我们的大日子 |
[06:22] | I wanted to see our name at the top of the roster. | 我想看到我们的名字在花名册第一行 |
[06:25] | It’s more near the bottom, | 其实更接近最后一行 |
[06:26] | but it’s still a very meaty part — | 不过角色戏份还是很重的 |
[06:27] | the constable. | 是治安官 |
[06:28] | What? We wanted Tevye or nothing. | 什么 我们除了泰维亚都不接受 |
[06:30] | Well… Matt Schernecke got it. | 角色给马特·夏耐基了 |
[06:32] | That scrub is Tevye? | 那个小呆瓜是泰维亚 |
[06:34] | He’s got a warbly voice and no stage presence. | 他声音颤巍巍也没有台风 |
[06:37] | What’s that? | 你说什么 |
[06:37] | – Mazel Tov, kid. – Way to go, Matt. | -恭喜你 孩子 -加油 马特 |
[06:39] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[06:39] | Don’t worry, champ. | 别担心 冠军 |
[06:40] | I’ll get you that part if it’s the last thing I do. | 我拼死也会帮你得到这个角色 |
[06:42] | No! | 不 |
[06:43] | Matt Schernecke is just a boy with a kind spirit! | 马特·夏耐基只是个拥有善良灵魂的男生 |
[06:46] | You do not do anything of the sort. | 不准你对他做这种事 |
[06:48] | I — Y-you promise to me, sir. | 你向我保证 先生 |
[06:48] | 95% of this game is mental. | 比赛的百分之九十五都是心理游戏 |
[06:51] | We’re gonna go into Schernecke’s head and make him crack. | 我们要扰乱夏耐基的心神 让他崩溃 |
[06:54] | You just learn the lines. | 你只管记住台词就好 |
[06:56] | Me, I’ll take care of Schernecke. | 我去搞定夏耐基 |
[06:58] | That day, my dad wasn’t the only one with a card up his sleeve. | 那天 我爸不是唯一耍起小把戏的人 |
[07:01] | “Torkulent”? | “高怕” |
[07:02] | It means delighted and a little scared. | 就是很高兴又有点害怕的意思 |
[07:04] | “Flimjam”? | “之退” |
[07:05] | To run backwards in a zig-zag pattern. | 就是沿之字形倒退着跑 |
[07:07] | Man, I didn’t know any of these SAT words. | 这些SAT词汇我一个也不知道 |
[07:09] | I’m so lucky I have you. | 能拥有你我真幸运 |
[07:11] | You really are. I’m a great person. | 的确幸运 我是个大好人 |
[07:12] | No, she’s not. | 不 她不是 |
[07:14] | – Mom! – I’m sorry, Geoffrey. | -妈 -我很抱歉 杰夫瑞 |
[07:15] | As a yenta, I have to tell you, | 作为一名长舌妇 我必须告诉你 |
[07:16] | she is trying to keep you from going to UCLA. | 她是想阻止你去洛杉矶加州大 |
[07:19] | C’mon, Erica would never do that. | 拜托 爱丽卡永远不会做那种事的 |
[07:20] | Who you gonna believe? Your adoring girlfriend | 你要相信谁 你可爱的女朋友 |
[07:22] | or this needy blond-helmeted guilt monster? | 还是这个粘人戴金发头盔的内疚绑架怪物 |
[07:24] | You, obviously. | 显然要信你 |
[07:25] | Our love is built on an unbreakable trust | 我们的爱建立在坚不可摧的信任之上 |
[07:27] | that I cherish more than — | 我无比珍视 |
[07:28] | Damn it, it’s me! | 该死的 是我 |
[07:29] | I’m a terrible person, | 我是坏人 |
[07:30] | and you should just flimjam away from me as fast as you can. | 你该全速之退弃我而去 |
[07:33] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[07:34] | My girlfriend would actually tank my future | 我的女朋友居然想搞砸我的未来 |
[07:37] | just to be with me? | 只为了和我在一起 |
[07:39] | You love me so much, and I love you, too! | 你是如此爱我 我也爱你 |
[07:41] | Did not see that coming. | 没想到会是这种发展 |
[07:42] | Oh, man, I’d give anything for you | 老天 你要是能和我一起来加州 |
[07:43] | to come with me to California! | 让我做什么都行 |
[07:45] | Wait, why can’t I? | 等等 我为什么不能去 |
[07:46] | LA is the center of the music business. | 洛杉矶是音乐产业的中心 |
[07:48] | They have a building that looks like records. | 他们有看起来像唱片的建筑 |
[07:50] | Well, you can’t come with me because… | 你不能和我一起去是因为 |
[07:55] | Mom. | 妈 |
[07:56] | You said you’ve changed, right? | 你说过你变了 对吗 |
[07:57] | Well, I have said that recently, yes. | 我最近的确说过 是的 |
[07:59] | Then this is it. | 证明的时候到了 |
[08:00] | I’m asking for your support on this, | 我请求你在这件事上支持我 |
[08:01] | and if you really have changed, | 假如你真的变了 |
[08:02] | then there’s no answer but yes. | 那唯一的回答就是”我同意” |
[08:04] | It’s a yes. | 我同意 |
[08:06] | What? | 什么 |
[08:07] | – What is that? – I’m lost. | -你说啥 -我听不清 |
[08:08] | Was that yes? | 你同意了吗 |
[08:10] | Yes. | 我同意 |
[08:11] | I think I heard it that time. She said yes! | 我觉得这次我听到了 她同意了 |
[08:13] | See? Yes, I have-I have changed. | 你瞧 我同意 我 我变了 |
[08:16] | I have changed so, so much, but, uh — | 我的改变如此之大 不过 |
[08:18] | Oh, Pops! | 老爷子 |
[08:19] | He won’t let you go. | 他不会让你走的 |
[08:21] | Go? Where? W-w-what? | 走 去哪 什么 |
[08:22] | I-I just came in for an onion bialy. | 我只是来吃个洋葱面包卷 |
[08:24] | Erica wants to move to LA. | 爱丽卡想搬去洛杉矶 |
[08:26] | LA? | 洛杉矶 |
[08:28] | That’s fantastic. | 那太棒了 |
[08:30] | Hollywood is so magical. | 好莱坞充满魔力 |
[08:32] | I’ll for sure visit you. | 我肯定会去看你的 |
[08:33] | – No! – What? | -不行 -什么 |
[08:34] | Uh, to be clear, | 把话说清楚 |
[08:35] | I have changed, and I totally support you, | 我是变了 也完全支持你 |
[08:38] | but, uh, your dad will not allow you | 可是你爸肯定不会同意 |
[08:41] | to move to LA without knowing a soul. | 你去一个熟人都没有的洛杉矶 |
[08:43] | Well, actually, we have family there. | 其实我们在那有亲戚 |
[08:45] | Aunt Selma, remember? | 塞尔玛姨妈 记得吗 |
[08:47] | Wait, I have relatives there? | 等等 我在那有亲戚 |
[08:48] | Yes, thank you, Dad. | 是的 多谢你了 老爸 |
[08:50] | Her daughter Marci’s out there, too. | 她女儿玛茜也住在那 |
[08:52] | She-she’s in advertising. | 她是广告业的 |
[08:54] | Thank you, Father. So helpful. | 谢谢您 父亲 帮了大忙 |
[08:55] | She does all those catchy commercial jingles. | 她做了好多上口的广告歌 |
[08:58] | They pay very good money. | 报酬非常可观 |
[09:00] | So helpful, Dad. | 帮了大忙啊 爸 |
[09:00] | Holy crap! | 苍天啊 |
[09:01] | I don’t just have family in LA — I have an in! | 我不只在洛杉矶有亲戚 还有门路 |
[09:03] | You should send her a tape showing off your beautiful voice | 你该给她寄盘磁带 展示歌喉 |
[09:06] | so she can hire you. | 好让她雇你 |
[09:08] | What a great idea no one asked you to suggest. | 没人请你提出这么棒的点子 |
[09:10] | I’m gonna go record some jingles right now. | 我这就去录一些广告歌 |
[09:12] | I’m gonna go familiarize myself | 我去记熟 |
[09:13] | with the Los Angeles freeway system. | 洛杉矶的高速公路系统 |
[09:16] | Yep, my mom was cornered into acting like a changed mother. | 没错 我妈被逼假扮改头换面的母亲 |
[09:20] | Meanwhile, I was doing whatever I could | 与此同时 我正竭尽所能 |
[09:21] | not to act in “Fiddler.” | 不参演《小提琴手》 |
[09:22] | Channel the character. You’re Tevye. | 发掘内心的角色 你就是泰维亚 |
[09:24] | Take yourself there. | 让自己浸入其中 |
[09:26] | And…perform. | 表演吧 |
[09:31] | I’m having a hard time focusing. | 我有点不能集中 |
[09:33] | Balls! My dad’s here to rattle Schernecke’s cage. | 见鬼 我爸来扰乱夏耐基的心神了 |
[09:36] | – What? – You heard me. This is bad. | -啥 -你听到了 这太糟了 |
[09:39] | Mr. Goldberg, if you’re gonna watch rehearsal, | 金伯格先生 假如你想看排练 |
[09:40] | you have to respect my stage. | 你必须尊重我的舞台 |
[09:42] | Sure. It’s your team. Manage it. | 没问题 这是你的团队 你来管 |
[09:43] | All right. | 那好 |
[09:44] | Take it from the top, Matthew, all right? | 从头开始 马修 好吗 |
[09:46] | Be Tevye. | 成为泰维亚 |
[09:48] | Feel the burden of the humble dairyman | 感受这个朴实的送奶工 |
[09:51] | with five handsome daughters. | 养育五个美丽女儿的负担 |
[09:53] | Mr. Goldberg! | 金伯格先生 |
[09:54] | I’m sorry. I don’t buy this kid having five daughters. | 抱歉 我不信这孩子能养五个女儿 |
[09:57] | – Do you? – Yes. I buy it…enough. | -你信吗 -信 算是吧 |
[09:59] | C’mon, the kid’s a tomato can. | 拜托 这孩子就是个弱鸡 |
[10:01] | Can’t hit the broad side of his mark. | 八竿子都打不着 |
[10:02] | This adult man is hurting my feelings. | 这个成年人正在伤害我的感情 |
[10:04] | Sack up, Schernecke. | 带点种 夏耐基 |
[10:05] | You gotta have thick skin if you want to make it in the big show. | 想参加大型演出必须皮厚一点 |
[10:08] | Adam, is your dad gonna be here the whole time? | 亚当 你爸会一直在这吗 |
[10:09] | I don’t know, man. He took the week off work. | 我不知道 他这一周都不去工作 |
[10:11] | The whole thing’s been off the rails from the start. | 这整件事从一开始就脱轨了 |
[10:13] | I just want my kid to have a shot at the bigs. | 我只希望我家孩子有机会演主角 |
[10:15] | Fine. If you pipe down, | 好吧 假如你能安静一点 |
[10:16] | I’ll make him the understudy for Tevye. | 我让他做泰维亚的替补 |
[10:18] | Does that work for you? | 这样你同意吗 |
[10:19] | So…that means I’ll have no lines | 那就意味着我不用上台表演 |
[10:21] | and get to just hang in the wings? | 在侧翼待着就好 |
[10:23] | ‘Cause yeah, that super works. | 当然同意 再完美不过 |
[10:25] | It’s on now! | 开始过招吧 |
[10:26] | You better watch your back, fake Tevye. | 你最好小心点 假泰维亚 |
[10:28] | ‘Cause we’re comin’ for ya. | 因为我们跟你对上了 |
[10:30] | Dad, stop making veiled threats to Matt Schernecke. | 爸 别再含蓄地威胁夏耐基了 |
[10:33] | They’re kind of not veiled at all. | 根本一点也不含蓄 |
[10:34] | I’m so sorry. | 我十分抱歉 |
[10:37] | With her sights set on LA, | 把目标定在洛杉矶 |
[10:39] | my sister prepped an epic audition | 我姐准备了史诗级试镜 |
[10:41] | to get into the jingle business. | 好进入广告歌生意 |
[10:42] | Hello and welcome, product lovers of all ages. | 你好 欢迎 各年龄段的顾客 |
[10:45] | Prepare to be delighted by my delightful jingle medley. | 准备好因为我动听的广告歌而身心愉悦吧 |
[10:48] | I’m already delighted, but I’m prepared for more. | 我已经很愉悦了 但我准备好更愉悦了 |
[10:51] | *The best part of waking up is Folgers in your –* | *醒来最美好的时光就是福杰仕咖啡* |
[10:55] | *Plop-plop, fizz-fizz, oh, what a relief –* | *泡腾片冒泡泡 好舒缓* |
[10:58] | *Honeycomb’s big, yeah, yeah, yeah.* | *蜂巢麦片* |
[11:00] | *Gimme a break, gimme a break* | *让我松口气 让我松口气* |
[11:03] | *What would you do-oo-ooh for –* | *你愿意怎样做* |
[11:05] | *An Oscar Mayer wiener –* | *奥斯卡美热狗* |
[11:07] | *By Mennen!* | *美能* |
[11:08] | *Mommy, wow, I’m a big kid –* | *妈咪 我是个大孩子了* |
[11:11] | *Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow* | *喵喵喵喵喵喵喵喵* |
[11:17] | I don’t know what half of those are selling, but I’m buying. | 有一半我都不知道是卖什么的 不过我买 |
[11:20] | Mom, what do you think? | 妈 你怎么想 |
[11:21] | Please no! | 求你别唱了 |
[11:22] | What? | 什么 |
[11:24] | Got some bad news from cousin Marci last night. | 我昨晚从表亲玛茜那听到了坏消息 |
[11:27] | Just out of the blue like that? | 这么突然的吗 |
[11:28] | You haven’t talked in 15 years. | 你们十五年没联系了 |
[11:30] | Yeah, well, I’ve been missing her. | 是啊 我一直很想她 |
[11:33] | And it’s a good thing I called, too, | 而且还好我打电话了 |
[11:35] | because she told me that, for legal reasons, | 因为她告诉我 出于法律原因 |
[11:38] | she can’t listen to jingles from existing products. | 她不能听已经存在的产品的广告歌 |
[11:41] | But I worked so hard on these. | 可我花好大心血准备这些 |
[11:43] | I was gonna mail her a tape. | 我还打算给她寄磁带 |
[11:44] | No! No, you can’t. | 不 不行 |
[11:46] | It has to do with, uh, torts and briefs and subpoenas. | 和侵权啊简报啊传票啊有关 |
[11:49] | I could’ve been a lawyer, so it made sense to me. | 我本可以成为律师 所以我听得懂 |
[11:52] | Well, how am I gonna impress her with my jingle voice | 那我要怎么用广告歌打动她 |
[11:54] | if I can’t do any jingles? | 我什么歌都不能唱 |
[11:55] | Good news — | 好消息 |
[11:56] | she…told me about some, uh… | 她跟我说了一些 |
[12:00] | new products that have yet to be jingled. | 还没有广告歌的新产品 |
[12:03] | Name it, and I’ll sing it. Hit me. | 尽管说 我什么都能唱 来吧 |
[12:04] | Even though my mom swore she changed, | 尽管我妈发誓她变了 |
[12:07] | in the end, she couldn’t help but lie. | 最终她还是忍不住说了谎 |
[12:09] | Dr. Steinman’s… Butt Grease. | 斯坦曼医生的屁股膏 |
[12:11] | I’m very curious about this product. | 我对这款产品很好奇 |
[12:13] | Dr. Steinman’s a very respected tushie surgeon. | 斯坦曼医生是受人敬仰的屁科外科医 |
[12:17] | He developed the healing ointment himself, | 他亲自发明了这种治疗药膏 |
[12:20] | and now he’s sharing it with the world. | 现在他要和全世界分享 |
[12:21] | Steinman… I got to sing that? | 斯坦曼 我必须唱这名字吗 |
[12:23] | It’s not so easy on the ear. | 听起来不怎么优美 |
[12:25] | It’s not great. | 的确不好听 |
[12:26] | But yet, the next one is even worse. | 不过 下一个更难听 |
[12:29] | Barnaby’s Baltic Sea Juice. | 巴纳比的波罗的海汁 |
[12:32] | I don’t want that product. | 这款产品我不想买 |
[12:33] | There’s more. | 还有 |
[12:35] | Magellan’s Ol’ Fashioned Year Round Nog | 麦哲伦的全年老式蛋酒 |
[12:38] | for people who want eggnog, but not just at Christmas. | 给不过圣诞节时也想喝蛋酒的人 |
[12:41] | I’d like a good ‘nog in the summer. | 我觉得夏天喝杯蛋酒很不错 |
[12:43] | Well, if it’s up to me, you’re gonna get one. | 要是我说了算 你就有蛋酒喝 |
[12:44] | And I know you can do it, schmoo. | 我知道你能行 宝贝 |
[12:46] | And if not, you can just live here forever. | 假如不行 你也可以在这住一辈子 |
[12:48] | We’ll play it by ear. | 我们顺其自然吧 |
[12:49] | Thanks for always being there for me, Mom. | 谢谢你总是支持我 妈 |
[12:51] | You’re awesome. | 你真棒 |
[12:52] | Time to get jingling. | 该去写广告歌了 |
[12:54] | Okay, Adam, time to run that choreography, | 好了 亚当 是时候练编舞了 |
[12:56] | so give me the shimmy. | 跳个西迷舞给我看看 |
[12:57] | I was back at rehearsal, | 我重新开始排练 |
[12:59] | but unfortunately, so was my dad. | 但不幸的是 我爸也回来了 |
[13:01] | Is that all you got, AG? | 你就这点本事吗 金亚当 |
[13:02] | Put your bat on the ball. | 全力击球[棒球] |
[13:04] | Let the big dog eat! | 让斗牛犬尝尝味道[橄榄球] |
[13:05] | When Matt’s dad heard I got the understudy, | 当马特的老爸听说我当上替补 |
[13:07] | he came to check out the competition. | 他也来试探竞争对手了 |
[13:08] | Come on there, Matty boy. Just how we practiced. | 加油 马特 就像我们练习得那样 |
[13:11] | Turns out the only thing worse than one sports dad | 原来唯一比一个体育老爸更糟的事 |
[13:13] | is two. | 是两个体育老爸 |
[13:14] | First, they cheered. | 他们先是加油 |
[13:15] | – Come on, AG! – Come on, now! Let’s go. | -加油 金亚当 -加油 练起来 |
[13:17] | – Look alive! – Go big or go home, Matty boy. | -精神点 -不成功便成仁 马特 |
[13:18] | Then, they bragged. | 然后他们炫耀 |
[13:19] | My son is a five-tool player. | 我儿子是五栖明星 |
[13:21] | He sings, dances, acts, | 他唱歌 跳舞 表演 |
[13:23] | juggles, and mimes. | 杂耍 演哑剧 |
[13:25] | Next came the insults. | 接下来是损人 |
[13:26] | Give it a rest, Schernecke. | 省省吧 夏耐基 |
[13:27] | Your kid’s no Tevye. | 你家孩子演不了泰维亚 |
[13:29] | That wheelbarrow’s got more charisma. | 那个独轮车都比他有魅力 |
[13:31] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[13:32] | And then the head games. | 然后重头戏来了 |
[13:33] | Afraid we’re gonna take your spot in the rotation? | 害怕表演机会被我们抢走吗 |
[13:35] | ‘Cause you should be. | 因为害怕就对了 |
[13:36] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[13:37] | Your son deedle dye-dles when he should be dye-dle deedle-ing! | 你儿子最基本的调子都没哼明白 |
[13:41] | And finally, the gloves came off. | 最终 动真格的了 |
[13:43] | Stop kicking it on me first! | 是你先踢我的 |
[13:45] | – Our dads suck. – They really do. | -我们的老爸糟透了 -的确很糟 |
[13:47] | As our sports dads ruined theater, | 在我们的体育老爸毁掉戏剧时 |
[13:49] | Erica was rehearsing songs for fake products | 爱丽卡正在为我妈骗她的假产品 |
[13:51] | my mom lied to her about. | 排练广告歌 |
[13:53] | *It’s for your bottom, but it’s the tops* | *用在屁屁底下 但质量顶级好* |
[13:56] | *Find happiness in just a glop* | *想找到快乐 只要挖点膏药* |
[13:59] | *From Dr. Steinman to every shop* | *斯坦曼医生献给每间药店* |
[14:01] | *The one butt grease that never stops* | *永不停止的屁股膏* |
[14:07] | That is… shockingly good. | 居然惊人地很好听 |
[14:09] | It’s already stuck in my head and driving me nuts. | 已经卡在我脑子里让我发疯了 |
[14:10] | You’re a genius. | 你是个天才 |
[14:11] | And that’s not all! | 还有呢 |
[14:13] | *Pour it cold or drink it warm* | *冷着喝 热着喝* |
[14:16] | *It’s like seafood in liquid form* | *就像液体形态的海鲜* |
[14:19] | *It’s Barnaby’s, the juice of the sea* | *巴纳比 大海的汁* |
[14:23] | You really worked hard on these. | 你真的好努力啊 |
[14:25] | Okay, there’s gonna be lines out the door | 想喝这齁咸鱼腥汁的人 |
[14:26] | to drink that salty fish juice. | 会在门外排起长队 |
[14:28] | And this next one is dedicated to you. | 下一首是献给你的 |
[14:30] | Oh, that’s not necessary. | 没这个必要吧 |
[14:31] | No, it is. | 不 有必要 |
[14:32] | You talked to Marci and made all this happen for me. | 你和玛茜商量 为我争取到机会 |
[14:35] | You have changed, and I love you. | 你真的变了 我爱你 |
[14:37] | Just focus on the song. | 集中精力唱歌吧 |
[14:39] | *You gotta remember, ‘nog ain’t just for December* | *你要记得 不只十二月能喝* |
[14:41] | *You can ‘nog all summer afternoon –* | *整个夏季午后 蛋酒想喝就喝* |
[14:44] | – It’s all a lie! – What? | -全是谎言 -什么 |
[14:46] | None of these products are real, | 这些产品全是假的 |
[14:47] | and frankly, I don’t get how you thought they were. | 说实话 我不理解你为什么会信以为真 |
[14:50] | ‘Cause you swore it was real and that you changed! | 因为你发誓是真的 还说你变了 |
[14:53] | Okay, I’m sorry I freaked out about you moving, | 好吧 抱歉我被你离家的事吓疯了 |
[14:55] | but good thing is, I stopped before any damage was done. | 但好消息是 我在造成伤害前停手了 |
[14:59] | But there was damage! | 可已经造成伤害了 |
[15:00] | So much damage! | 特别大的伤害 |
[15:02] | I sent these insane jingles to Marci. | 我把这些疯狂的广告歌都寄给玛茜了 |
[15:04] | Wazzat? | 啥 |
[15:05] | I sent her a cassette! | 我给她寄了磁带 |
[15:07] | She’s gonna think I’m some crazy person | 她会以为我是疯子 |
[15:08] | who peddles weird oyster water and all-purpose ‘nog. | 兜售奇怪的牡蛎汁和全年蛋酒 |
[15:11] | There is no going back from this. | 已经不能回头了 |
[15:13] | Okay, Mama will fix it. | 好吧 妈妈会弥补的 |
[15:14] | I’ll call Marci and explain everything. | 我会给玛茜打电话解释一切 |
[15:17] | Sure, explain how it’s my SATs all over again, | 是啊 跟她解释这和我SAT考试时一样 |
[15:19] | but worse. | 不过更过分 |
[15:20] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[15:21] | It’s true. | 是实话 |
[15:23] | For the first time since dropping out of college, | 从大学辍学以来第一次 |
[15:26] | I had hope. | 我有了希望 |
[15:27] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢你了 |
[15:34] | My sports dad embarrassed me in the theater world, | 我的体育老爸在戏剧界让我丢人 |
[15:36] | and I was ready to close the curtain. | 我准备好永远谢幕了 |
[15:38] | Stupid heavy jacket from the old country! | 故土的超重傻外套 |
[15:42] | Everything okay, man? | 一切还好吗 伙计 |
[15:43] | No, Ruben Amaro Jr., everything’s not okay. | 不 鲁本·阿马洛二世 一切都不好 |
[15:46] | What happened, bro? | 发生什么事了 老兄 |
[15:48] | You break up with that girl who dated me freshman year? | 你和那个高一时和我约会的女生分手了吗 |
[15:50] | No, and I’d prefer we not discuss that. | 不是 我不太想讨论那件事 |
[15:52] | It’s my dad. He insists on coming to every single practice. | 是我爸 他非要来看我的每次练习 |
[15:55] | I hear ya. My dad comes to every practice, too. | 我懂 我爸也每次练习都来 |
[15:57] | So you get how much it sucks. | 所以你明白这有多糟心 |
[15:59] | No. My dad’s my best friend. | 不 我爸是我最好的朋友 |
[16:01] | I’m almost done, champ! | 我快准备好了 冠军 |
[16:03] | Let’s warm up that arm before practice. | 在开始练习前先做手臂热身吧 |
[16:04] | Be there in a minute, Pop. | 马上就过去 老爸 |
[16:05] | Just talking to my ex-girlfriend’s little boyfriend here. | 我在和我前女友的小男友谈心 |
[16:07] | I love how you’re always there for everyone. | 我喜欢你总是支持身边所有人 |
[16:09] | You taught me well, Dad. | 都是你教得好 爸 |
[16:10] | I love you, son. | 我爱你 儿子 |
[16:12] | I love you more! | 我更爱你 |
[16:13] | This is just like the total opposite of my experience. | 这和我的经历完全相反 |
[16:16] | What can I say? | 我能说什么 |
[16:17] | Ruben Sr. was an athlete himself, | 鲁本一世年轻时也是运动员 |
[16:18] | so he knows how crazy sports dads can get. | 所以他知道体育老爸能有多疯狂 |
[16:20] | I re-gripped your bat, buddy. | 我帮你重新缠了球棒 伙计 |
[16:21] | Super thoughtful, Dad! | 太细心了 爸 |
[16:23] | Yeah, last thing he wants is for me to get burnt out | 他最不希望的 就是我承受不住压力 |
[16:26] | so I fake an injury or quit altogether. | 假装受伤彻底放弃 |
[16:28] | You’re right! I can totally fake an injury! | 你说得对 我完全可以假装受伤 |
[16:30] | I’ll pretend I lost my voice so I can’t sing. | 我假装嗓子坏了唱不了歌 |
[16:32] | Wait, what sport do you play? | 等等 你练的什么体育项目 |
[16:34] | The greatest sport of all — theater. | 世界上最棒的体育项目 戏剧 |
[16:36] | Yeah, I kinda wish I knew that before I got involved. | 要是我掺和进来前知道这点就好了 |
[16:38] | There you are, AG. | 你在这 金亚当 |
[16:40] | Come on, you got the call. You’re goin’ in. | 快 那边叫你了 你得上台 |
[16:43] | Bad news. Lost my voice. Whatcha gonna do? | 坏消息 我嗓子坏了 没办法 |
[16:45] | Hydrate it. Suck on a lozenge. | 多喝水 吃块喉糖 |
[16:48] | Get back out there! | 回去继续练 |
[16:48] | Ruben, get away from that demanding father. | 鲁本 离那位苛刻的父亲远点 |
[16:50] | He’ll kill your spirit. | 他会扑灭你的精气神 |
[16:51] | On it, Pop. | 这就躲 老爸 |
[16:52] | Who the hell’s that? | 那是谁 |
[16:53] | That is the wonderful father of Ruben Amaro Jr. | 那是鲁本·阿马洛二世优秀的父亲 |
[16:55] | named Ruben Amaro Sr., | 名叫鲁本·阿马洛一世 |
[16:57] | and I wish that was us. | 我希望我们也能那样 |
[16:58] | That is us! I’m here. | 我们就是那样的 我来了 |
[17:00] | I’m trying to help you, you moron! | 我会试着帮你 你个白痴 |
[17:02] | Well, you’re not! | 你不是在帮我 |
[17:02] | I hate this play, and now I hate all musicals. | 我讨厌这出剧 现在我讨厌所有音乐剧了 |
[17:06] | So thank you for taking my favorite thing in the world | 所以多谢你夺走了世界上我最爱的东西 |
[17:09] | and ruining it. | 并毁了它 |
[17:14] | Schmoo? | 宝贝 |
[17:15] | Save your schmoos. I don’t want to hear it from you. | 别叫我宝贝 我不想听你说话 |
[17:17] | I just got off the phone with cousin Marci. | 我刚和表亲玛茜通完电话 |
[17:19] | – Oh, God, well, what did you do now? – Nothing. | -天 你又做了什么 -什么都没做 |
[17:22] | Apparently, Marci played your jingles for her office, | 原来 玛茜在办公室放了你的广告歌 |
[17:25] | and they loved ’em. | 他们都很喜欢 |
[17:26] | Thought it was a bold stunt. | 觉得你这噱头很大胆 |
[17:28] | Stunt? | 噱头 |
[17:29] | You gave me those songs to make me look like a crazy person. | 你让我唱那些歌 让我看起来像个疯子 |
[17:32] | Well, they don’t need to know that. | 没必要让他们知道 |
[17:34] | That’s great, but it doesn’t make up for the fact | 那太好了 但弥补不了 |
[17:36] | that you sabotaged me and you’re never gonna change. | 你搞破坏 并且永远不会变的事实 |
[17:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:40] | Truth is, I am a selfish, scheming mama bear | 事实是 我是个自私 爱骗人的熊妈妈 |
[17:44] | who can’t let her kids leave | 不肯放手让孩子离家 |
[17:45] | because she loves them so damn much. | 因为她太爱孩子们了 |
[17:48] | And the worst thing is, | 最糟糕的是 |
[17:49] | I’ll be like this ’til I’m 75 years old. | 我七十五岁时还是会这样 |
[17:53] | If that’s your way of saying I’m sorry, it’s not working. | 假如这是你道歉的方式 没什么用 |
[17:56] | I knew you were gonna say that. | 我知道你会这么说 |
[17:59] | So I thought maybe some new flash cards might help. | 所以我想或许新的单词卡能帮忙 |
[18:04] | Don’t. | 少来 |
[18:08] | Really not helping. | 真的没什么用 |
[18:11] | God. | 天啊 |
[18:14] | Still a no. | 还是不管用 |
[18:18] | “Rapplepop,” really? | “论何爱” 不是吧你 |
[18:26] | Even if I’m in Los Angeles? | 哪怕我身在洛杉矶 |
[18:36] | How did you know I was gonna ask that? | 你怎么知道我会这么问 |
[18:38] | ‘Cause I know you better than anyone, schmoo. | 因为我比任何人都了解你 宝贝 |
[18:40] | And the one thing about me that’ll never change… | 我永远也不会变的一件事 |
[18:44] | is how much I rapplepop you. | 就是我论何爱你 |
[18:48] | I rapplepop you too, Mom. | 我也论何爱你 妈妈 |
[18:59] | Whatcha doing? | 你在做什么 |
[19:00] | Thinking about joining the baseball team. | 我在考虑加入棒球队 |
[19:03] | All the dads there seem to be very kind and supportive. | 那里所有的老爸看起来都很友善 支持 |
[19:06] | I deserve that. | 我活该被你这样损 |
[19:07] | If you’re just gonna yell at me again — | 假如你又要吼我 |
[19:08] | I’m really not. | 我真的不会 |
[19:10] | All I want is for you to follow me. | 我只想让你跟我来 |
[19:13] | And for the first time ever, | 有史以来第一次 |
[19:14] | my dad was the one who shared a home movie with me. | 我爸给我放了家庭录像 |
[19:20] | Okay, what am I looking at? | 好吧 这是什么 |
[19:23] | Me. | 我 |
[19:24] | You were in “Fiddler”? | 你演过《小提琴手》 |
[19:25] | I played Tevye. | 我演过泰维亚 |
[19:27] | I only auditioned because my dad loved the play. | 我试镜只是因为我爸很喜欢这出剧 |
[19:30] | But Pop-Pop hates everything. | 可爷爷讨厌一切 |
[19:32] | Not this. | 不讨厌这出剧 |
[19:34] | He was so proud. | 他是那么骄傲 |
[19:35] | He would sit in the front row every night. | 他每晚都坐在第一排 |
[19:38] | And for the first time, | 那是我第一次 |
[19:39] | I felt close to the guy, you know? | 觉得和他很亲近 明白吗 |
[19:43] | So…that’s why this means so much to you? | 所以你才如此重视这出剧 |
[19:46] | I know it’s stupid. | 我知道这很蠢 |
[19:47] | But I just wanted us to have the same thing I had with my dad. | 可我只是想让我们拥有我和我爸的那种体验 |
[19:50] | In that moment, I realized why my father | 在那一刻 我意识到我父亲 |
[19:53] | became a crazed sports dad when it came to “Fiddler.” | 为什么因为《小提琴手》变成了体育老爸 |
[19:56] | He wasn’t trying to live through me. | 他不是想通过我实现梦想 |
[19:57] | He was trying to connect the only way he knew how. | 他是试图用他唯一懂得的方式和我沟通 |
[20:01] | And with a little perspective, | 稍微换个角度 |
[20:03] | I finally understood just how great of a play it was. | 我终于明白了这出剧有多伟大 |
[20:06] | Sometimes, it’s hard to understand | 有时我们很难理解 |
[20:08] | why the people we love act the way they do. | 我们所爱的人做出一些事的原因 |
[20:11] | But when you put your trust in them, | 但当你信任他们 |
[20:13] | that’s when the real traditions come to life. | 真正的传统就会鲜活起来 |
[20:21] | 此集献给马特·夏耐基 真正的泰维亚 | |
[20:34] | OK. Everyone shut your faces. | 好了 所有人都闭嘴 |
[20:36] | Dad, I’ve decided | 爸 我决定好 |
[20:37] | who I’m gonna be in “Fiddler On The Roof”, | 在《屋顶上的小提琴手》中演哪个角色了 |
[20:39] | so you can finally be my sports-theater-dad. | 这样你就能做我的体育戏剧老爸了 |
[20:41] | – His sports-what? – Don’t ask. | -体育啥 -别问 |
[20:43] | I shall be Laser Wolf. | 我要演雷泽·沃夫[激光狼] |
[20:44] | Stop! The play’s over! | 打住 这剧已经结束了 |
[20:47] | You’re trying to motivate me. | 你是想激励我 |
[20:49] | Well, Laser Wolf never guits. | 激光狼永不放弃 |
[20:50] | ‘Cause he’s got lasers. | 因为他有激光 |
[20:51] | Moron! Laser Wolf is the respected town butcher! | 白痴 雷泽·沃夫是镇上受人尊敬的屠夫 |
[20:57] | I don’t know what any of that was. | 我不知道这都是些什么玩意 |
[20:59] | It’s for the best. | 不知道最好 |