时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the ’80s, my mom didn’t go into an office | 在八十年代 我妈没去坐办公室 |
[00:03] | but she did have an important job — | 但她确实有份很重要的工作 |
[00:05] | getting the Goldbergs’ day off and running, | 操持起金伯格一家的一天 |
[00:07] | and it all started with a hearty breakfast. | 全从丰盛的早餐开始 |
[00:09] | Ghostbusters cereal for my little Marshmallow Man. | 《捉鬼敢死队》麦片喂我的棉花糖小怪物 |
[00:11] | Crunchin’ makes me feel good! | 脆脆的让我感觉好好 |
[00:13] | Triple protein, quadruple egg, | 三倍蛋白质 四倍鸡蛋 |
[00:15] | and quintuple cheese omelet for my grizzly Barry. | 五倍芝士煎蛋卷喂我的灰熊小巴瑞 |
[00:18] | My body will turn all of this into muscle immediately. | 我的身体能立即将这些全变成肌肉 |
[00:20] | Watch. | 看着 |
[00:21] | Erica, Raisin Bran with a prune juice chaser. | 爱丽卡 葡萄干麦片和西梅汁 |
[00:24] | What’s good for the heart is also good for the bottom. | 有益身心 顺肠通便 |
[00:27] | Gah, Mom! | 妈 |
[00:28] | But also, thank you. | 但也要说声谢谢你 |
[00:29] | Bevy, which shirt do I like? | 贝弗 我喜欢哪件衬衫 |
[00:30] | My mom was also our in-house stylist. | 我妈还是我们家的造型师 |
[00:32] | – Left hand. – And which pants do I like? | -左手的 -我喜欢哪条裤子 |
[00:34] | – The ones you’re wearing. – That’s why I put ’em on! | -你穿着的这条 -所以我才穿它 |
[00:36] | – I know what looks good. – You really do. | -我知道怎么穿好看 -你真的很懂 |
[00:38] | Now go change your socks. They’re two different colors. | 现在去换袜子 两只颜色不一样 |
[00:40] | Oh, yeah. I’ll be right back. | 是啊 我去去就回 |
[00:41] | She was also our pharmacist. | 她还是我们的药剂师 |
[00:43] | Blood pressure, cholesterol, | 血压药 胆固醇药 |
[00:44] | heartburn, and dewormer. | 烧心药 驱虫药 |
[00:46] | Dewormer? What aren’t you telling me? | 驱虫药 你这是什么意思 |
[00:48] | Not for you, Dad — for Lucky. | 不是给你吃的 爸 是给幸运的 |
[00:50] | Who’s my little dumper? | 谁是我的小粑粑王 |
[00:52] | And when she sent us off, | 当她把我们送走后 |
[00:53] | that’s when my mom’s work really began. | 我妈的工作才真正开始 |
[00:56] | Yes, I’m calling about my flight to Ft. Lauderdale, | 我要反馈一下去劳德代尔堡的航班 |
[00:58] | which might as well have been to hell | 跟去地狱的航班没区别 |
[01:00] | because that’s what my back and upper groin have been in | 因为自从飞机着陆 我的后背和腹股沟 |
[01:02] | since we landed. | 一直疼得要死 |
[01:03] | What does “TWA” stand for, anyway? | TWA[环球航空公司]是什么意思 |
[01:06] | “The Worst Airline”? | “最差航空公司”吗 |
[01:07] | You know what, Wayne? | 你猜怎么着 韦恩 |
[01:09] | Just connect me to your supervisor. | 让你的上级接电话 |
[01:10] | I’m gonna need to speak to your supervisor, Lydia. | 你得让你的上级接电话 莉蒂亚 |
[01:12] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[01:14] | I need to talk to your supervisor. | 你得让你的上级接电话 |
[01:15] | Just connect me to your supervisor. | 就让你的上级接电话吧 |
[01:17] | Well, maybe your supervisor feels differently. | 或许你的上级会有不同看法 |
[01:19] | Let me speak to someone higher. | 让更高一级的人接电话 |
[01:20] | Well, maybe your supervisor can help me. | 或许你的上级能帮上忙 |
[01:23] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[01:23] | I demand to speak to your supervisor. | 我要求你的上级接电话 |
[01:26] | Oh, you’re the CEO? | 你就是CEO |
[01:28] | Well, then, I’m gonna need two first-class tickets | 那我要两张头等舱机票 |
[01:29] | and a mess of those little pretzel bags. | 和那些成袋的小椒盐脆饼 |
[01:31] | After cleaning, couponing, and complaining, | 在清洁 打折 抱怨后 |
[01:33] | my mom sped off to do her favorite thing — | 我妈火速离家做去做她最爱的事 |
[01:35] | shopping and errands. | 购物和办杂务 |
[01:37] | Yep, Beverly Goldberg was an unstoppable force! | 没错 贝弗莉·金伯格势不可挡 |
[01:40] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[01:42] | What is wrong with you?! | 你有毛病吗 |
[01:44] | Nobody stops at that stop sign! | 谁会真的在停车标志下停车 |
[02:00] | It was March 6th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的三月六日 |
[02:02] | and, after weeks of mending a broken heart, | 在疗了数周情伤后 |
[02:04] | my brother was finally ready to get back to normal life. | 我哥终于准备好重回正常生活了 |
[02:06] | Buenos dias, hoh-tah tay pay! | 早上好 JTP |
[02:08] | JTP Hoh-tah tay pay! | |
[02:09] | Are we doing Spanish now? | 我们现在都说西语了吗 |
[02:10] | El shut up-o, Mateo Bradley! | 你闭嘴 马特·布莱德利 |
[02:13] | Gentleman, I know I’ve been distracted | 先生们 我知道兰妮这出狗血戏 |
[02:15] | by the whole Lainey drama, | 分散了我的注意力 |
[02:16] | but fear not, JTP. | 但不要怕 JTP |
[02:18] | I’m once again ready to sit upon my throne | 我已准备好再次重回王座 |
[02:20] | as your unstable leader. | 做你们不可靠的领导者 |
[02:22] | My first decree — | 我的第一道法令 |
[02:24] | we shall playeth Smashball. | 我们去玩球 |
[02:26] | Ooh, we’d love to, | 我们很想去 |
[02:27] | but it’s crunch time for college applications. | 但到了大学申请的关键时刻 |
[02:29] | Oh…right. | 对 |
[02:30] | College. | 大学 |
[02:32] | We are seniors, | 我们是高四生 |
[02:33] | so that would be happening right around now, wouldn’t it? | 的确到了该申请大学的时候了 对吧 |
[02:35] | Dude, don’t tell us the whole Lainey thing | 哥们 别告诉我们兰妮这件事 |
[02:37] | distracted you from applying to college. | 让你忘了大学申请 |
[02:38] | No! | 没有 |
[02:39] | Don’t be so stupid, Matt Bradley! | 别傻了 马特·布莱德利 |
[02:41] | But I didn’t even say — | 可我什么都没说 |
[02:43] | Just out of curiosity, | 单纯出于好奇 |
[02:45] | tell me everything about this application process | 告诉我申请过程的所有步骤 |
[02:47] | so I know you’re doing it right. | 好让我知道你们做得没错 |
[02:49] | Well, we’ve really been beefing up our extra curriculars. | 我们一直在猛加额外课程 |
[02:51] | Naked Rob is an Eagle Scout. | 裸罗伯是鹰级童子军 |
[02:52] | It’s the highest level of Boy Scout | 那是最高级别的童子军 |
[02:53] | and the lowest level of cop. | 也是最低级别的警察 |
[02:54] | Andy’s a youth basketball coach. | 安迪是青少年篮球教练 |
[02:56] | Which is cool ’cause I’m taller than all of ’em. | 我能行因为我比那些孩子都高 |
[02:57] | And Matt Bradley’s in the Big Brother program. | 马特·布莱德利加入了大哥哥项目 |
[02:59] | Jeremiah really stole my heart. | 耶利米偷走了我的心 |
[03:01] | And I think also my car keys. | 好像还偷走了我的车钥匙 |
[03:03] | And I’m the treasurer for the Model UN. | 我是模拟联合国的财务主管 |
[03:05] | It’s really stressful, so all my armpit hair fell out, | 压力真的很大 我的腋毛都掉光了 |
[03:07] | but it’ll all be worth it if it impresses Dartmouth. | 但若能让达特茅斯学院高看我一眼 值 |
[03:09] | It’s good to see we’re all preparing. | 见到你们都有所准备真好 |
[03:10] | Therefore, there’s no reason to panic. | 因此 没有理由恐慌 |
[03:13] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[03:19] | I’m freaking out, man! | 我要抓狂了 |
[03:20] | Is that squirrel taunting you again? | 那只松鼠又笑话你了吗 |
[03:22] | Apparently, I got so swept up in not getting married to Lainey, | 很显然 我一直只顾着不能和兰妮结婚 |
[03:25] | I forgot about the whole “getting into college” thing! | 我把”报考大学”这件事全忘光了 |
[03:27] | Did you say “college”? I heard “college.” | 你说”大学”了吗 我听到了”大学” |
[03:30] | Don’t screw this up, moron. | 不准搞砸这件事 白痴 |
[03:31] | Where did he come from?! | 他从哪冒出来的 |
[03:32] | Dad, you gotta back off. | 爸 别来烦我 |
[03:34] | I don’t even know where I want to go to school! | 我甚至不知道想去哪所大学 |
[03:36] | That’s where I can help. | 这我能帮上忙 |
[03:37] | Okay, I need you to focus up here, | 好了 我需要你集中注意力 |
[03:39] | ’cause picking a school | 因为选大学 |
[03:40] | is not something you just rush into. | 可急不得 |
[03:41] | Done. | 搞定 |
[03:42] | – I’m going to Tufts. – Moron! | -我要去塔夫茨大学 -白痴 |
[03:44] | You don’t just open up a book | 你不能随便翻开本书 |
[03:45] | and pick out some random school | 随便选一所学校 |
[03:47] | and say, “That’s the one.” | 说”就这个了” |
[03:48] | – But it just makes sense. – Why? | -可这样很合理 -为什么 |
[03:50] | ‘Cause its name is Tufts, | 因为这学校叫塔夫茨 |
[03:52] | and I’m basically the toughest man in the world. | 而我基本上是世上最塔夫[强悍]的人 |
[03:54] | – Tufts, fine, done. – Really? | -塔夫茨 行 定了 -真的吗 |
[03:56] | Hey, even if you got there the dumbest way possible, | 哪怕你用世上最蠢的方式入学 |
[03:59] | Tufts is still a great school, so I’m good. | 塔夫茨仍旧是所好学校 所以我同意 |
[04:00] | So did we just decide where I’m applying to college? | 我们这就决定好我要申请哪所大学了吗 |
[04:03] | My son’s going to Tufts! | 我儿子要去塔夫茨了 |
[04:05] | While Barry was getting excited about his dream college, | 正当巴瑞为他梦想中的大学兴奋时 |
[04:08] | my mom was just trying to calm her nerves. | 我妈正试图冷静下来 |
[04:10] | I’ve been saying it since the first time I ran that stop sign — | 我第一次在停车标志下违规时就说 |
[04:13] | that intersection is an accident waiting to happen, | 那个十字路口肯定要发生事故 |
[04:16] | and it’s high time Mama fixes this problem! | 现在妈妈必须解决这个问题 |
[04:18] | You could’ve been seriously hurt! | 你可能受重伤 |
[04:20] | How? I wasn’t even there. | 怎么会 我根本不在车里 |
[04:21] | – But you could’ve been. – That’s true. | -但你可能也在 -没错 |
[04:23] | And, God forbid, | 就怕万一 |
[04:24] | you could’ve gone through the windshield | 你可能像一袋美味的小马铃薯 |
[04:25] | like a delicious, little sack of potatoes, | 撞碎挡风玻璃飞出去 |
[04:27] | and, God forbid, | 就怕万一 |
[04:28] | – a piece of glass could have lodged in your brain! – Oh, no! | 一块玻璃可能卡在你脑袋里 -不 |
[04:30] | Thank God the shard got lodged in a place where you’re fine, | 谢天谢地碎玻璃卡住的地方不会影响到你 |
[04:33] | – and they don’t need to operate. – Thank God. | -不需要动手术 -谢天谢地 |
[04:35] | But, God forbid, 20 years from now, | 但 就怕万一 二十年后 |
[04:37] | you could sneeze, and boom! | 你可能打个喷嚏 一下子 |
[04:38] | The shard shifts, and you’re a veggie. | 碎玻璃挪了地方 你成了植物人 |
[04:40] | But I sneeze all the time! | 可我总打喷嚏 |
[04:41] | This is a parent’s worst nightmare, | 这是家长最可怕的噩梦 |
[04:43] | and it’s all because of a stupid stop sign! | 都是因为那个破停车标志 |
[04:45] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[04:46] | We’re making the very gut-wrenching decision | 我们要做一个令人心碎的决定 |
[04:48] | about whether or not Adam should have surgery | 关于亚当该不该动手术 |
[04:50] | to remove the glass in his brain from a car accident. | 取出因为车祸卡在他脑袋里的玻璃 |
[04:53] | Oh, my God! What do we do?! | 我的天 我们该怎么办 |
[04:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. Let me clarify. Adam’s fine. | 不好意思 让我说清楚 亚当没事 |
[04:56] | We need another stop sign at the end of the block. | 我们需要在街尾再装一个停车标志 |
[04:58] | What?! Are you kidding me?! | 什么 你开玩笑吗 |
[05:00] | I almost gave Adam a hug. | 我差点拥抱亚当 |
[05:01] | I know, baby. We’re all scared, | 我知道 宝贝 我们都吓坏了 |
[05:04] | but Mama will fix this. | 但妈妈会搞定的 |
[05:05] | I’m gonna take this case to City Hall. | 我要到市政厅去办这个案子 |
[05:08] | I don’t know if you know this, | 我不知道你们知不知道 |
[05:09] | but I could have been a lawyer. | 我本可以成为律师 |
[05:10] | I think you’ve said it once or twice before. | 我想你之前说过一两次 |
[05:12] | I could’ve been a lawyer. | 我本可以成为律师 |
[05:14] | I could’ve been a lawyer. | 我本可以成为律师 |
[05:15] | …been a lawyer! | 成为律师 |
[05:16] | – I guess that rings a bell. – It should, | -好像有点印象 -有就对了 |
[05:17] | ’cause that bell rings constantly. | 因为印象就没断过 |
[05:19] | Well, as the lawyer I could’ve been, | 作为我本可以成为的律师 |
[05:20] | I’m going to collect evidence to support my case. | 我要收集证据来支持我的案子 |
[05:23] | Adam, I need you to make a video | 亚当 我需要你拍段录像 |
[05:25] | documenting how truly dangerous that intersection really is. | 记录那个十字路口确实很危险 |
[05:28] | Yes! I’ll get right on it! | 太好了 我这就去 |
[05:29] | Uh, what’s my budget for the project? | 这个项目的预算有多少 |
[05:31] | Schmoo, can you just film the intersection for me? | 宝贝 你就帮我拍一下十字路口好吗 |
[05:33] | Challenge accepted! I won’t let you down! | 我接受挑战 我不会让你失望的 |
[05:35] | As my mom was lawyering up, | 正当我妈拿出律师做派时 |
[05:36] | Barry and my dad | 巴瑞和我爸 |
[05:38] | were getting down to the business of college. | 正要搞定大学申请 |
[05:40] | Okay, let’s go over what you need to get into Tufts. | 好了 我们过一遍进塔夫茨都需要什么 |
[05:42] | Besides just being super tough? | 除了特别强悍以外的 |
[05:45] | All right, first, your grades. | 首先 你的成绩 |
[05:46] | Oh, okay, you squeaked out a B-minus in English. | 好吧 英语拿了个B减 |
[05:50] | Wow! Straight A’s in math and science. | 数理化全优 |
[05:52] | All that math stuff just clicks, but English not good much. | 数学什么的一学就会 但英语搞八定 |
[05:55] | Well, it looks like I’m gonna have to help you with your essay. | 看来我不得不帮你改个人简介了 |
[05:56] | Or…we freestyle my essay. | 或者 我的个人简介用即兴说唱 |
[05:59] | Check it out. | 你看着 |
[06:00] | *Yo, Tufts, I got the right stuffs* | *塔夫茨 我能让你佩服死* |
[06:07] | You’re just repeating the same thing over and over. | 你一直在重复同一句话 |
[06:08] | I got stuck in a rap loop. I’m sorry! | 我卡在饶舌循环里了 我很抱歉 |
[06:11] | Okay, that does not help. | 好吧 什么用都没有 |
[06:12] | We really gotta wow ’em with your extra curriculars. | 我们只能靠额外课程让他们眼前一亮 |
[06:14] | All right, let me see your resume. | 让我看看你的简历 |
[06:16] | All you wrote down was “left-handed” | 你只写了”左撇子” |
[06:19] | and that you’re an Aries? | 还有你是白羊座 |
[06:20] | That’s not exactly “boom” material. | 这有什么劲爆的 |
[06:22] | That’s all I got. | 想不到别的 |
[06:23] | And technically, I’m a Pisces, | 而且严格来讲 我是双鱼座 |
[06:24] | but I don’t want to be no stupid fish. | 但我不想当什么傻鱼 |
[06:26] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[06:27] | All you had to do was play an instrument | 你只需要会一样乐器 |
[06:28] | or volunteer somewhere, and you did nothing! | 或当个志愿者 但你什么都没做 |
[06:30] | I know! I’m not Tufts enough. | 我知道 我不够强悍 |
[06:32] | Relax, moron. | 放松 白痴 |
[06:34] | We’ll just give your resume a little padding. | 我们给你的简历加加料就行 |
[06:35] | You mean lie? | 你是指说谎 |
[06:37] | Think of it like your mother’s shoulder pads. | 你就当成是你妈的垫肩 |
[06:39] | She wears them | 她穿垫肩 |
[06:40] | even though she still has shoulders, right? | 尽管她自己有肩膀 不是吗 |
[06:42] | I bet she does. | 我笃定她有肩膀 |
[06:43] | So you’re telling me you’re okay with shoulder padding my resume? | 所以你的意思是不介意给我的简历加料 |
[06:46] | I would do anything to get you into college. | 能让你进大学我什么都愿意做 |
[06:48] | – Come on. – I’m serious. | -拜托 -我是认真的 |
[06:49] | This is legitimately the most important thing to me. | 这对我来说真的是世上最重要的事 |
[06:51] | So you’re telling me | 所以你的意思是 |
[06:53] | you would spend every cent you have | 要是能让我上好大学 |
[06:55] | – if it would mean getting me into a good college. – Yes. | -你愿意花光最后一分钱 -愿意 |
[06:57] | – What if you’ll have to wear pants at all time? – Yes. | -假如不得不一直穿着裤子呢 -愿意 |
[06:59] | – What if the Eagles never, ever won again? – Yes. | -假如老鹰队再也不会赢呢 -愿意 |
[07:03] | What if the only way | 假如唯一的方法 |
[07:05] | was for Tom Selleck to shave his mustache? | 是让汤姆·塞立克剃掉小胡子呢 |
[07:07] | Too far! You hear me?! | 太过分了 听到了吗 |
[07:09] | You leave Selleck’s mustache out of this! | 不准你把塞立克的小胡子牵扯进来 |
[07:11] | While my dad and Barry were formulating a plan, | 正当我爸和巴瑞共商大计时 |
[07:13] | my mom was putting her plan into action. | 我妈正要实施她的计划 |
[07:16] | Hello, Mr. Schnitz. I’m not sure you remember me. | 施内茨先生 不知道你还记不记得我 |
[07:18] | Oh, I remember you. | 我记得 |
[07:19] | You’re the lady that comes in here | 你来过我的办公室 |
[07:20] | demanding I help you because I’m city comptroller. | 要求我帮你 因为我是市审计官 |
[07:22] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[07:23] | And things have gotten out of comptrol. | 又有情况失审[失控]了 |
[07:26] | Again, I think you gravely misunderstand | 再说一次 我认为你严重误解了 |
[07:29] | the reach the comptroller has. | 审计官的职责范围 |
[07:30] | Well, if you can’t comptrol this city, then who can? | 假如连你都审不了这座城市 还有谁能 |
[07:32] | You realize I am just an accountant? | 你明白我只是个算账的 对吗 |
[07:34] | And I am holding you accountable. | 我就是来找你算账的 |
[07:36] | Just tell me what you want. | 告诉我你想要什么 |
[07:36] | I’d like you to take comptrol of a traffic situation | 我想让你审一个交通问题 |
[07:39] | heretofore known as Goldberg v. Jenkintown. | 迄今被人称为金伯格对抗珍金镇 |
[07:43] | Ma’am, this is just an office above a tuxedo shop, | 女士 这不过是礼服店上边的小办公室 |
[07:46] | not a court of law where I can make any real — | 不是法庭 我不能 |
[07:48] | – Exhibit A. – Okay, sure. | -证据A -行吧 |
[07:49] | This is the intersection in question. | 这个有问题的十字路口 |
[07:51] | Note that there are only two stop signs, | 请注意这里只有两个停车标志 |
[07:53] | but by the time I rest my case, there will be four. | 但当我结案时 会有四个 |
[07:57] | – Exhibit B. – Exactly how many exhibits are there? | -证据B -具体有几个证据 |
[07:59] | Behold, a scale model of our neighborhood. | 看 我们社区的比例模型 |
[08:02] | And please note Exhibit C. | 并请注意证据C |
[08:03] | These are shards of windshield | 这些是碎掉的挡风玻璃 |
[08:05] | that almost had to be removed from my son’s brain. | 差点不得不从我儿子脑袋里取出来 |
[08:07] | Oh, my God, that is horrib- | 我的天 那太可怕了 |
[08:09] | We decided not to operate | 我们决定不动手术 |
[08:10] | – because he wasn’t actually in the car. – What? | -因为他当时并不在车里 -啥 |
[08:12] | Don’t worry, he’s fine and super talented, | 别担心 他很好 超级有才华 |
[08:14] | which is why I tasked him with Exhibit D. | 所以我叫他制作证据D |
[08:17] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[08:18] | – I really don’t want to. – Overruled! | -我真心不想起 -我反对 |
[08:19] | Again, this is not a court– You know what? Fine. | 再说一次这里不是法庭 算了 好吧 |
[08:21] | Motion to get this over with, then. | 那我动议你快点完事 |
[08:22] | You may be seated. | 你可以坐下了 |
[08:24] | The year is 2033, | 2033年 |
[08:26] | crime is at an all time high and volcanoes are everywhere! | 犯罪率创历史新高 火山随处可见 |
[08:30] | What is this? | 这是什么玩意 |
[08:31] | We agreed you were only gonna film the stop signs. | 我们说好你只拍十字路口 |
[08:33] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[08:33] | You need to hook in the audience with a story. | 得用故事钩住观众们 |
[08:35] | The President’s plane has crash landed in Jenkintown. | 总统的飞机坠毁在珍金镇了 |
[08:39] | That’s the forbidden sector. | 那可是禁区 |
[08:41] | Only you can help us! | 只有你能帮我们了 |
[08:43] | Is that right, what I’m saying? | 我台词没说错吧 |
[08:45] | Even though I only have one eye, I’ll do it. | 哪怕我只有一只眼 交给我 |
[08:48] | I’ll save the President. | 我会救出总统 |
[08:51] | It’s go time. Nothing will stop me! | 该行动了 什么都阻止不了我 |
[08:56] | The President blew up before Snake could get to him. | 总统没等斯内克赶到就爆炸了 |
[09:00] | The mission has failed. | 任务失败了 |
[09:02] | I’m re-I’m really not following the story — | 我真心搞不懂这剧情 |
[09:04] | We need a stop sign. | 我们需要一个停车标志 |
[09:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:06] | Well, I did not understand any of that, | 我一点都没看懂 |
[09:09] | but I really would like you not to be here, | 但我是真心想让你走人 |
[09:11] | so I’m gonna give you that stop sign. | 所以你的停车标志我准了 |
[09:12] | So…I won the case? | 这么说 这个案子我赢了 |
[09:14] | You took comptrol of the courtroom. | 法庭都被你审了 |
[09:16] | Which is my office, so, yeah, sure. | 也就是我办公室 算你赢了 |
[09:17] | Great! | 太好了 |
[09:18] | So just, uh, bang the gavel and make it official. | 那你快敲木槌 正式宣判 |
[09:21] | Well, I don’t have a ga– You know what? | 我没木槌 这样吧 |
[09:22] | Let me just do this Fanta can. | 我敲这个芬达罐子 |
[09:25] | We won the big case! | 这起大案我们赢了 |
[09:26] | Amazing! | 太惊人了 |
[09:28] | How did I play? | 我演得怎么样 |
[09:29] | Not great, but Mom was on fire. | 不怎么样 但老妈势不可挡 |
[09:32] | I gotta admit, | 不得不承认 |
[09:32] | even if the whole thing is aggressively pointless, | 尽管这整件事不能更没必要了 |
[09:34] | it’s kind of cool you actually made a difference. | 你能实际做出改变还是挺酷的 |
[09:37] | You know, this is really important to me, | 要知道 这对我真的很重要 |
[09:39] | and I am damn tired of your sass mouth! | 你说话总这么损 我受够了 |
[09:41] | No sass. | 不是损你 |
[09:42] | I know how hard it is to get things done. | 我知道想做成一件事有多难 |
[09:44] | I mean, I’ve been working on one song | 我写一首歌 |
[09:46] | for the last three months, | 已经写了三个月 |
[09:46] | and so far, all I’ve got is… | 到现在写出来的只有 |
[09:48] | *Something, something, something* | *这个吧那个吧这个吧* |
[09:49] | *And your friend Andre* | *和你朋友安德烈* |
[09:51] | And that is not good. | 这也太烂了 |
[09:52] | I mean, who the hell is Andre? | 安德烈是他妈谁啊 |
[09:54] | I think it’s catchy. | 我觉得很上口 |
[09:55] | Point is, I’m proud of you. | 重点是 我为你骄傲 |
[09:56] | Oh, thank you, Boopie, and you know what? | 谢谢你 宝贝 你猜怎么着 |
[09:58] | I’ve made a decision. | 我决定了 |
[10:00] | I am going to realize my potential as a potential lawyer. | 我要实现我的潜能 做一名潜在律师 |
[10:03] | Oh, my God, are you serious? | 我的天 你是认真的吗 |
[10:05] | You’re damn right I am! | 我认真得很 |
[10:06] | Beverly Goldberg’s gonna be a fxxxxxxx lawyer! | 贝弗莉·金伯格要他妈当律师了 |
[10:10] | Once my dad found out Barry’s college resume was light, | 当我爸发现巴瑞的大学简历没有料 |
[10:13] | he made it his mission to bulk it up. | 就以给简历加料为己任 |
[10:15] | The trick is to take a nugget of truth, | 技巧是利用一点真实信息 |
[10:17] | and you spin it a little. | 稍微换个说话 |
[10:18] | You do play a lot of sports, right? | 你参加很多体育运动 对吧 |
[10:19] | Hockey, wrestling, football. | 冰球 摔角 橄榄球 |
[10:21] | Moron, if you played a bunch of sports, | 白痴 假如你参加过这么多体育项目 |
[10:23] | why aren’t any of them on your college resume?! | 为什么不写进大学简历里 |
[10:25] | A variety of reasons, | 原因有很多 |
[10:26] | but mostly ’cause of unsuccessful tryouts. | 但主要是因为没通过选拔赛 |
[10:29] | So you played all three for a little bit, | 所以三个项目你都稍微练过 |
[10:31] | so you’re at least a three-letter varsity player, | 所以你至少是三校队运动员 |
[10:33] | and an MVP. | 以及MVP |
[10:35] | I never won MVP. | 我从没得过MVP |
[10:36] | You never won Most Valuable Player, | 你是从没得过最具价值球员 |
[10:38] | but “MVP” could stand for anything. | 但”MVP”可以代表任何意思 |
[10:40] | Like Magic Velvet Pants? | 比如神奇的天鹅绒裤子 |
[10:42] | Who wins Magic Velvet Pants? | 谁会得神奇的天鹅绒裤子 |
[10:43] | I don’t know. A genie? | 我不知道 精灵吧 |
[10:45] | Should we put down that I’m a genie, too? | 我们要不要也写上我是个精灵 |
[10:47] | Let’s move on. | 换下一个 |
[10:47] | So we covered sports. | 说过了体育 |
[10:49] | What about community service? | 说说看社区服务如何 |
[10:50] | I guess I am in the community | 我想我的确算是社区一分子 |
[10:52] | when I’m walking around the community. | 因为我常在社区里闲逛 |
[10:53] | Wow, sounds like you’re the head of a neighborhood watch. | 听起来你是社区警卫队队长 |
[10:56] | And I do shout at dogs sometimes. | 我有时还对着狗大叫 |
[10:58] | Seems to me that you train service animals. | 我觉得你是在训练服务犬 |
[11:01] | I think I’m getting the hang of this, | 我认为我抓到要领了 |
[11:02] | like that one time I played checkers with Pops. | 例如有次我和老爷子玩跳棋 |
[11:04] | I was basically “volunteering with sad, old veterans.” | 我基本上是”自愿陪伴悲伤老兵” |
[11:07] | Perfect, throw more at me! | 完美 再说些来听听 |
[11:08] | And with that, my dad spun all of my brother’s antics | 就这样 我爸把我哥所有的滑稽事 |
[11:11] | into resume gold. | 都变成了简历加分项 |
[11:12] | His bad BMX-ing became… | 他糟糕的极限单车变成了 |
[11:13] | School cycling team. | 校单车队 |
[11:15] | – Goofing off in the gymnasium became… – Gymnast! | -在体育馆胡闹变成了 -体操运动员 |
[11:17] | Trying to eat an apple in one bite became… | 试图一口吃掉一个苹果变成了 |
[11:19] | Head of the Isaac Newton Society. | 艾萨克·牛顿学会会长 |
[11:21] | Doing whatever this is became… | 不管这是啥 变成了 |
[11:22] | Gravity experiments elective. | 重力实验选修课 |
[11:24] | – Just walking became… – Hall monitor! | -走走路变成了 -纠察 |
[11:26] | His lifelong obsession with Donkey Kong became… | 他对《大金刚》的一生痴迷变成了 |
[11:28] | Unpaid assistant to a primate physician. | 灵长类兽医的无偿助手 |
[11:31] | – And dressing as a pirate became… – Pirate! | -扮成海盗变成了 -海盗 |
[11:33] | Wow, I’ve led an incredibly rich life. | 我这辈子活得太丰富多彩了 |
[11:36] | You’re damn right you have. | 完全没错 |
[11:38] | I’m a good dad! | 我真是个好父亲 |
[11:39] | While my dad was feeling confident about Barry’s future, | 正当我爸对巴瑞的未来很自信时 |
[11:41] | my mom was getting ready to change hers. | 我妈正准备好改变自己的未来 |
[11:43] | Good morning, your honorable smush bottom! | 早上好 你这可敬的小宝贝 |
[11:45] | Looking good, Mom! | 真精神 老妈 |
[11:47] | That’s because today is the first day | 因为今天是第一天 |
[11:48] | of your mama bear’s journey to becoming a trial lawyer. | 你的熊妈妈要开始成为出庭律师的旅程了 |
[11:51] | Well, I know you can do it. | 我知道你能做到 |
[11:52] | I mean, who’s better at arguing than you? | 还有谁比你更擅长争论 |
[11:53] | Well, I did get this suit at half price | 我这身套装的确是半价买的 |
[11:55] | because of a smudge on the shoulder, | 因为肩膀上有块污渍 |
[11:57] | which I put there and later removed. | 是我点上的 后来我洗掉了 |
[11:59] | And those are the kind of questionable morals | 正是这种有问题的道德标准 |
[12:01] | that will make you an ace attorney. | 会让你成为王牌律师 |
[12:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:03] | Okay, so here’s what it takes to become a lawyer. | 这里是成为律师需要做的 |
[12:05] | First, you’ll have to get ready for the LSATs. | 首先 你得准备法学院入学考试 |
[12:07] | Well, I can LSAT or L-stand. | 无论是坐着学还是站着学 |
[12:09] | I can do it all. | 我都能学好 |
[12:12] | Seriously, what is that? | 但说认真的 那是什么考试 |
[12:13] | It’s the Law School Admissions Test, | 法学院入学考试 |
[12:15] | which takes about four months to prepare for. | 要准备大概四个月的时间 |
[12:17] | And after that, you apply to law school, | 之后是申请法学院 |
[12:19] | which is three years. | 要读三年 |
[12:20] | Even for a proven legal eagle like me? | 哪怕我这样得到认可的律政雄鹰也要三年 |
[12:22] | I mean, I could’ve been a lawyer. | 我本可以成为律师 |
[12:23] | That’s got to count for something. | 这总能证明点什么吧 |
[12:25] | It doesn’t. Moving on. | 不能 继续 |
[12:26] | So after you graduate, you’ll have to pass the bar. | 毕业后 你得通过律师资格考试 |
[12:29] | Another test? I just took the “L” one. | 还要考 刚才那个法什么都考过了 |
[12:31] | And then you’ll get hired at a firm and be an associate | 然后你得被事务所雇用 成为助理 |
[12:33] | and work your way up the ladder until — | 然后一点点往上升 直到 |
[12:35] | – Eh, Mama’s out. – What? | -妈妈不干了 -什么 |
[12:36] | I-I think I’m okay just knowing I could have been a lawyer. | 我觉得知道我本可以成为律师就够了 |
[12:39] | How can you possibly know that | 才两分钟你就放弃了 |
[12:41] | if you gave up after two minutes? | 又怎么会知道你能成 |
[12:42] | Well, when you think about it, | 你想想看 |
[12:43] | I already kind of am a lawyer. | 我基本上已经算是律师了 |
[12:45] | Except you’re not a lawyer, | 除了你不是律师 |
[12:46] | because you did nothing to become one. | 因为你没做任何事去成为律师 |
[12:48] | According to the show “L.A. Law,” | 根据电视剧《洛城法网》 |
[12:50] | anyone can represent themselves in court, | 任何人都能在法庭上代表自己 |
[12:53] | so that kind of makes me a lawyer. | 所以我也算是律师 |
[12:54] | No, it makes you a person who wants to be a lawyer | 不 你只是个想成为律师 |
[12:56] | but isn’t one. | 但不是律师的人 |
[12:57] | If I can defend myself in court, | 假如我能在法庭上为自己辩护 |
[12:59] | then you can, Daddy can, anyone can. | 那你也能 爸爸也能 谁都能 |
[13:02] | So when you think about it, | 所以你想想看 |
[13:04] | doesn’t that make us all lawyers? | 我们不都是律师吗 |
[13:06] | That is an incredibly dumb way to think about it. | 这种想事情的方式奇蠢无比 |
[13:08] | Hey, I could’ve been a lawyer, | 我本可以成为律师 |
[13:09] | so you show me the respect I could’ve deserved. | 你给我点我本可以得到的尊重 |
[13:13] | – Read it and weep, suckers. – What’s this? | -边读边哭吧 烂货们 -这是什么 |
[13:16] | Just the best college resume ever assembled. | 史上最棒的大学简历 |
[13:18] | Three-letter varsity athlete? Captain of the diving team? | 三校队运动员 潜水队队长 |
[13:21] | Geology club? | 地质学俱乐部 |
[13:22] | Dude, you didn’t do any of these things. | 哥们 这些你全都没做过 |
[13:24] | It says you’re the treasurer of the Model UN? | 上面说你是模拟联合国的财务主管 |
[13:25] | I once gave the foreign kid who smells like beets | 上次有个一身甜菜味的外国孩子 |
[13:28] | a quarter to buy a donut, | 我给他硬币买甜甜圈 |
[13:30] | so that pretty much makes me | 所以我基本上算是 |
[13:31] | official treasurer of the Model UN. | 模拟联合国的正式财务主管 |
[13:32] | Except you’re not ’cause I am! | 可你不是我才是 |
[13:34] | In the name of Luxembourg, I declare war on your lies! | 以卢森堡之名 我就你的谎言发动战争 |
[13:36] | We don’t have a real army, | 我们没有真正的军队 |
[13:37] | so it’s more of a symbolic gesture. | 所以算是象征性的战争 |
[13:38] | Guys, relax. | 大伙 别紧张 |
[13:40] | – It’s not like I’m hurting anyone. – Yes, you are! | -又没伤到任何人 -伤到了 |
[13:42] | What if your lies get you into a school over one of us? | 万一你靠谎言把我们的名额挤掉了呢 |
[13:44] | – Is that fair? – Okay. | -那公平吗 -好吧 |
[13:45] | You’re clearly feeling a lot of emotions right now, | 你现在很显然情绪激动 |
[13:48] | which I can help you with | 这我可以帮你 |
[13:49] | ’cause I’m a peer counselor | 因为我是同学辅导员 |
[13:50] | and a certified youth minister. | 还是有证书的青年部长 |
[13:52] | This is super not cool or chill, man. | 这太过分太恶心了 伙计 |
[13:54] | Oh, come on, Matt Bradley! | 拜托 马特·布莱德利 |
[13:55] | Where did that come from?! | 你这话从何说起 |
[13:57] | Come on, guys! | 大伙 别这样 |
[13:58] | -JTP -JTP – JTP. – JTP! | |
[14:00] | J J… | |
[14:01] | TP …TP. | |
[14:02] | While Barry was feeling guilty about achieving his college dreams, | 正当巴瑞因为实现大学梦而感到内疚时 |
[14:05] | Erica was hell-bent on getting my mom to reach for hers. | 爱丽卡正固执地让我妈去实现梦想 |
[14:08] | There she is, ready to fold my intimates. | 她来了 正要叠我的贴身衣物 |
[14:11] | Put down the basket. We need to talk. | 把篮子放下 我们得谈谈 |
[14:12] | Erica, it’s fine. | 爱丽卡 没关系的 |
[14:13] | I don’t need to be a real lawyer. | 我不需要成为真正的律师 |
[14:15] | Okay, forget law, | 好吧 不学法律 |
[14:16] | but there’s so many other things that you’re good at, | 但这里还有许多其他你擅长的事 |
[14:18] | so let’s pick one of those and make it your thing. | 我们选一个做你的职业 |
[14:20] | Okay, like what? | 比如呢 |
[14:21] | I’m glad you asked, because I made this — | 问得好 因为我做了这个 |
[14:24] | a list of potential dream jobs | 一个潜在梦想工作清单 |
[14:26] | tailored to your very talents. | 按你的每一样天赋量身定制 |
[14:27] | For instance, diplomat. | 例如 外交官 |
[14:29] | Well, I do have a way of helping people | 我的确擅长帮助他人 |
[14:31] | to get what I want them to think they want. | 好让他们听我的话还以为是自己的想法 |
[14:33] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:34] | And that’s just one of many exciting options. | 那不过是众多令人激动的选择之一 |
[14:36] | What about “fashion designer”? | “服装设计师”呢 |
[14:38] | Mm, my clothes are purely for fun. | 我的服装单纯是为了乐趣 |
[14:40] | I don’t want to take the joy out of it. | 我不想榨干其中的乐趣 |
[14:42] | – Or you could be a gastroenterologist. – Speaking of which, | -或者你可以做胃肠科医生 -说到这个 |
[14:45] | how did that fiber-rich breakfast work out, hmm? | 充满纤维的早餐起作用了吗 |
[14:47] | Gah, I have so many futures for you on this board. | 我这板子上有这么多种未来 |
[14:50] | Just pick one and do it! | 快选一个去实现 |
[14:51] | Enough. I’m fine just doing what I do, okay? | 够了 我这个样子就好 明白吗 |
[14:54] | I don’t need some fancy job. | 我不需要什么光鲜工作 |
[14:56] | Yes, you do! | 你需要 |
[14:57] | Because if you give up on being a lawyer, | 因为假如你放弃做律师 |
[14:59] | which is actually doable, | 这个分明能实现的梦想 |
[15:00] | then what does that mean for me making it as a musician? | 那我成为音乐人的可能性还有多少 |
[15:03] | Erica, me saying “I could’ve been a lawyer” | 爱丽卡 我说”我本可以成为律师” |
[15:05] | has nothing to do with you. | 和你毫无关系 |
[15:06] | Of course it does! | 当然有关系 |
[15:08] | I dropped out of college just like you, | 我像你一样从大学退学 |
[15:10] | which means I’ll just end up being a mom | 也就是说我最后也会成为一个老妈 |
[15:11] | who constantly tells her ungrateful kids | 一直对她不知感恩的孩子们说 |
[15:13] | that “I could’ve been a rock star.” | “我本可以成为摇滚明星” |
[15:14] | I don’t know whether to be offended or worried, | 我不知道该生气还是担心 |
[15:16] | but I don’t like either feeling. | 但两种感觉我都不喜欢 |
[15:18] | But it’s true. | 可这是真的 |
[15:19] | Becoming a lawyer is hard, | 成为律师很艰难 |
[15:21] | and you gave up on it, like, shockingly fast. | 你一眨眼就放弃了 |
[15:24] | And the truth is… | 而事实是 |
[15:27] | I’m doing the same thing with my music. | 我对待音乐也一样 |
[15:29] | Ever since Lainey left… | 自从兰妮离开后 |
[15:30] | …I haven’t sung a single note | 我一个音符都没唱过 |
[15:32] | or written any music | 什么歌没写过 |
[15:33] | or even touched my keyboard. | 甚至连键盘都没碰过 |
[15:35] | Schmoo, you’ve got it all wrong. | 宝贝 你理解错了 |
[15:36] | I gave up on being a lawyer | 我放弃做律师 |
[15:38] | ’cause that was never really my dream. | 因为那从来不是我真正的梦想 |
[15:40] | Then why do you always say it? | 那你为什么总挂在嘴上 |
[15:41] | ‘Cause it sounds better than my real dream, | 因为比我真正的梦想好听 |
[15:44] | which is being a mama. | 也就是做妈妈 |
[15:46] | I’m living my dream. | 我已经实现梦想了 |
[15:48] | If music is yours, you can’t just give up on it. | 假如音乐是你的梦想 你不能轻易放弃 |
[15:52] | I already have. | 我已经放弃了 |
[15:56] | After my brother talked to the JTP, | 在我哥和JTP谈过后 |
[15:58] | he was starting to have some doubts about his resume. | 他开始质疑他的简历 |
[16:01] | Unfortunately, my dad had none. | 不幸的是 我爸完全没有疑虑 |
[16:03] | Dad, I just finished my college essay, | 爸 我刚写完大学个人简介 |
[16:06] | and I think we should have a little talk. | 我认为我们该谈一下 |
[16:07] | Oh, you should have a talk, | 你是该谈一下 |
[16:09] | but not with me. | 但不是和我谈 |
[16:10] | I’ve got an alumnus from Tufts here, | 我请来了一位塔夫茨的老毕业生 |
[16:11] | and he’s gonna interview you. | 他会采访你 |
[16:12] | Remember my pal Formica Mike? | 还记得我朋友富美家·迈克吗 |
[16:14] | Your furniture nemesis? | 你的家具死敌 |
[16:15] | I got his mom a great deal on a water bed, | 我打折卖给他妈妈一张水床 |
[16:18] | – so he owes me. – But… | -他欠我人情 -可是 |
[16:19] | the JTP got me thinking, | JTP让我开始思考 |
[16:22] | maybe shoulder-padding my resume isn’t the most honest thing. | 或许给简历加料不太诚实 |
[16:25] | I don’t care what the PYT thinks. | 我不在乎PYT怎么想 |
[16:27] | You go in there and lie and make your dad proud. | 你进去好好说谎 让你爸为你骄傲 |
[16:29] | Come on. Here he is — | 快来 他回来了 |
[16:31] | the future of Tufts! | 塔夫茨的未来 |
[16:33] | Murray, you may be right, | 默里 你或许说得没错 |
[16:34] | if this resume is to be believed. | 假如这份简历真实可信的话 |
[16:36] | And it is! | 真实可信 |
[16:37] | I’m gonna get you guys some cookies. | 我去给你们拿点饼干 |
[16:38] | Hydrox, if you got ’em! | 有的话要海卓饼干 |
[16:40] | Hydrox is the Oreo of our people. | 海卓就是我们的奥利奥 |
[16:43] | Listen, about my resume — | 关于我的简历 |
[16:44] | Oh, your resume, my gosh. | 你的简历 我的天 |
[16:46] | This is something special. | 太出众了 |
[16:48] | How does one person find the time? | 一个人怎么会有这么多时间 |
[16:49] | “How does one person do all that stuff in one year,” you ask? | 你问”一个人怎么能在一年里做这么多” |
[16:53] | Well…don’t. | 别问 |
[16:54] | Don’t ask. | 不要问 |
[16:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:56] | Wow, there’s so much here. | 这里有好多内容 |
[16:58] | Uh, you’re an “unpaid assistant to a primate physician.” | 你是”灵长类兽医的无偿助手” |
[17:01] | Well, I love monkeys, so what’s it like to work with them? | 我喜欢猴子 照顾猴子是什么感觉 |
[17:04] | It’s good. | 很好 |
[17:08] | Care to elaborate? | 能详细点说嘛 |
[17:09] | Uh…they love throwing barrels and stuff. | 他们喜欢扔木桶之类的 |
[17:12] | – Barrels? – Yeah, it’s annoying, | -木桶 -是啊 很烦人 |
[17:13] | ’cause you just got to save your girlfriend | 因为你得救出女朋友 |
[17:15] | and then jump over rolling barrels, | 然后跳过滚过来的木桶 |
[17:17] | but luckily, they break apart | 幸运的是 它们会碎 |
[17:19] | when you whack ’em with a mallet. | 用锤子砸碎就行 |
[17:21] | We’re talking about Donkey Kong, aren’t we? | 我们说的是《大金刚》对不对 |
[17:23] | Yes! I’m sorry. | 是的 我很抱歉 |
[17:25] | It’s a lie, all of it! | 这是谎言 全都是 |
[17:26] | I-I don’t deserve to be in Tufts. | 我不配去塔夫茨 |
[17:28] | He doesn’t mean it. He’s just being a moron. | 他不是真心的 他只是白痴 |
[17:30] | – I do mean it. – So no Hydrox? | -我是真心的 -没有海卓饼干吗 |
[17:32] | Look, I’m sorry I messed up my whole senior year | 我很抱歉我荒废了整个高四学年 |
[17:35] | and focused on the wrong things, | 只着重于错误的事 |
[17:36] | but I won’t lie my way into college. | 但我不想靠说谎上大学 |
[17:38] | I was promised Hydrox. | 说好会有海卓饼干的 |
[17:40] | That’s why I wanted you to read my essay. | 所以我想让你读读我的个人简介 |
[17:42] | It’s not pretty, but it’s real. | 虽然不好看 但很真实 |
[17:44] | It’s about what really happened this year, and… | 写的是今年真实发生的事 |
[17:48] | If the truth isn’t good enough for Tufts, | 假如真实的我配不上塔夫茨 |
[17:49] | then…I’ll just have to live with it. | 那我只能承担结果 |
[17:58] | Whoa, what’s all this? | 这都是什么 |
[18:00] | I figured it was time to pursue a new dream. | 我想是时候去追逐新梦想了 |
[18:02] | I thought you said being a mom was your dream. | 你不是说做妈妈就是你的梦想吗 |
[18:04] | And it is. | 是的 |
[18:06] | But you were right. | 但你说得对 |
[18:08] | What kind of example would I be setting | 假如我放弃了所有其他梦想 |
[18:10] | if I just gave up on all my other dreams? | 那我树立了怎样的榜样 |
[18:12] | These are just recipes. | 这些都是菜谱 |
[18:14] | I’ve decided to write a cookbook. | 我决定写本烹饪书 |
[18:15] | Oh, my God, yes! | 我的天 太棒了 |
[18:18] | I pitched you “diplomat” | 我居然推荐你做”外交官” |
[18:19] | and not “cookbook”? | 而不是写”烹饪书” |
[18:20] | – What is wrong with me? – Nothing! | -我有毛病吗 -没毛病 |
[18:22] | You still got me here! | 是你让我迈出这一步 |
[18:24] | So, thank you, Boopie. | 所以 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[18:25] | No need to thank me. | 不必谢我 |
[18:27] | It’s just good to know your dreams don’t end with me. | 知道你的梦想没到我这结束 感觉很好 |
[18:29] | And even better? | 更好的是 |
[18:30] | Your dreams are just starting, | 你的梦想才刚刚开始 |
[18:32] | and there’s no way I’m gonna let you give up | 我绝对不会让你在还没开始前 |
[18:33] | before you even begin. | 就放弃 |
[18:36] | I just picked an impossible dream, you know? | 我只是选择了一个不可能的梦想 |
[18:39] | Schmoopie… | 小宝贝 |
[18:40] | all dreams seem impossible. | 所有的梦想看起来都是不可能的 |
[18:42] | You’ve just got to put in the work. | 你只要去努力 |
[18:44] | Seeing that our mom wasn’t afraid to follow her dreams | 见到我妈无畏地去追随她的梦想 |
[18:46] | made Erica realize that her own dreams weren’t so scary. | 让爱丽卡意识到她自己的梦想并不可怕 |
[18:49] | And with that, my sister was able to find her voice again. | 就这样 我姐重新找回了声音 |
[18:52] | *Clock strikes upon the hour* | *时钟敲响报时* |
[18:55] | *And the sun begins to fade* | *日光开始黯淡* |
[19:00] | *Still enough time to figure out* | *我仍有足够的时间去想* |
[19:03] | *How to chase my blues away* | *如何赶走我的忧伤* |
[19:08] | *I’ve done all right up ’til now* | *到目前为止我做得还好* |
[19:12] | *It’s the light of day that shows me how* | *是日光为我指点迷津* |
[19:16] | *When the night falls* | *当夜幕降临* |
[19:19] | *Loneliness calls* | *孤独来袭* |
[19:21] | I, um, read your essay. | 我读了你的个人简介 |
[19:24] | Let me guess — I’m a moron for telling the truth. | 让我猜猜 说实话的我是白痴 |
[19:26] | You really are, but I loved it anyway. | 你真的是白痴 但我很喜欢 |
[19:28] | – Seriously? – Yeah. It moved me. | -真的吗 -真的 我被感动了 |
[19:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:32] | All I did was talk about getting my heart shattered | 我只讲了我是如何心碎的 |
[19:35] | and how this year was a total waste. | 如何浪费了一整年 |
[19:37] | Barry, what you wrote was honest and real, | 巴瑞 你所写的很诚实很真实 |
[19:39] | and it shows how much you’ve grown, | 展示出你成长了多少 |
[19:41] | and that’s more important than anything | 比起能写进大学简历的经历 |
[19:43] | you can put on some stupid college resume. | 这重要多了 |
[19:46] | Important enough to get me into Tufts? | 重要到能让我进塔夫茨吗 |
[19:48] | You know, I think it’s time we stop worrying about all that stuff. | 我想我们该停止为那些事担心了 |
[19:51] | But I know college is the only thing you care about. | 但我知道大学是你唯一在乎的事 |
[19:54] | You know, there’s one thing I care about more — you. | 我还有一件更在乎的事 就是你 |
[19:57] | And that day, Barry figured out that | 那天 巴瑞发现 |
[20:00] | as long as you’re true to yourself, | 只要你对自己坦然 |
[20:01] | you’ll be successful anywhere you go. | 你走到哪里都会成功 |
[20:03] | Buckle up, baby. | 系好安全带 宝贝 |
[20:04] | God knows what kind of drivers are out today. | 天知道今天路上都有什么司机 |
[20:06] | Good news is you got us that new stop sign. | 好消息是你为我们争取到了新停车标志 |
[20:09] | Wasn’t easy, you know. | 要知道 那可不容易 |
[20:10] | Well, for you, it was. | 对你来说很容易 |
[20:11] | You could’ve been a lawyer. | 你本可以成为律师 |
[20:30] | 此集献给我妈 差点成为律师的人 | |
[20:37] | Got it! | 搞定 |
[20:38] | Add master of all cubes to my college resume. | 在我的大学简历加上”所有方块的大师” |
[20:40] | I never thought I’d say these words, | 我从没想过自己会说这种话 |
[20:42] | but I’m incredibly impressed. | 但我非常佩服 |
[20:43] | Dude, it’s easy. | 老弟 简单得很 |
[20:44] | I just bought a bunch of other cubes | 我买了一堆魔方 |
[20:46] | and peeled off the stickers. | 把贴纸撕下来 |
[20:47] | – Oh, so you cheated. – Of course I did! | -所以你作弊了 -当然作弊了 |
[20:50] | You suck, Mr. Rubik! | 你逊毙了 鲁比克 |
[20:52] | I cannot wait ’til everyone forgets about you | 我等不急看到所有人忘记你 |
[20:53] | – and your stupid toy. – Mark my words — | -和你的傻玩具 -记住我的话 |
[20:55] | that toy is more than a fad. | 这个玩具不只是一时热潮 |
[20:57] | Rubik and his cube will be here forever. | 鲁比克和他的魔方永远不会过时 |
[21:00] | I get the appeal now. | 现在我明白好玩在哪了 |