时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The ’80s marked the rise of the cooking show. | 80年代标志着烹饪节目的兴起 |
[00:02] | There was Yan, The Galloping Gourmet, | 当时有严 飞驰美食家 |
[00:05] | the Cajun cook, | 凯金大厨 |
[00:06] | and, of course, a Swedish Muppet. | 当然 还有木偶瑞典大厨 |
[00:08] | But my mom’s lifelong hero was Julia Child. | 但我妈一生的英雄是朱莉娅·查尔德 |
[00:11] | I’m Julia Child. | 我是朱莉娅·查尔德 |
[00:13] | Julia’s show, “The French Chef”, was the inspiration | 朱莉娅的节目《法国大厨》激励我妈 |
[00:15] | for our family’s deliciously cheesy “French phase”. | 为我们家做满是芝士的”法式美食” |
[00:18] | For Erica, savory Quiche Lorraine. | 给爱丽卡的美味法式蛋塔 |
[00:21] | For Murray, melty cheese fondue. | 给默里 融化的芝士火锅 |
[00:23] | It’s like nachos without the hassle. | 跟玉米片一样但更省事 |
[00:26] | And for my hungry bear, | 给我的饥饿小熊 |
[00:28] | potatoes au gratin, extra gratin. | 芝士焗土豆 多加芝士 |
[00:31] | This is gonna wreck me. | 这会要了我的命 |
[00:32] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢了 妈 |
[00:33] | Julia even inspired my mom to write | 朱莉娅甚至激励我妈开始写 |
[00:35] | “The Beverly Goldberg Cookbook”. | 《贝弗莉·金伯格食谱》 |
[00:36] | She sent it to every publisher in town, | 她把书寄给了镇上每间出版社 |
[00:38] | confident that she’d take the cooking world by storm. | 很自信她能在烹饪界卷起一场风暴 |
[00:41] | Or…not. | 也可能卷不成 |
[00:42] | Aw, honey, what’s wrong? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[00:44] | Nothing. | 没怎么 |
[00:45] | I’m just tearing up ’cause Julia’s chopping an onion. | 我流泪是因为朱莉娅在切洋葱 |
[00:48] | You do know that that onion is on TV, right? | 你知道那是电视里的洋葱 对吗 |
[00:51] | Okay, fine! | 好吧 |
[00:53] | It’s my cookbook. | 是我的食谱 |
[00:55] | I sent it out to some publishers, | 我寄给了一些出版社 |
[00:56] | and they said I was poop and that my cooking was poop | 他们说我是屎 我的烹饪也是屎 |
[01:00] | and that my one and only dream is poop! | 我唯一的梦想也是屎 |
[01:02] | No one has just one dream, Bevy. | 没人只有一个梦想 贝弗 |
[01:04] | I’m sure you got plenty of others. | 你肯定还有很多其他梦想 |
[01:05] | Well, like Barry becomes a doctor, | 比如巴瑞成为医生 |
[01:07] | Erica wins a Grammy, | 爱丽卡得格莱美奖 |
[01:08] | Adam gets a rare disease that prevents his snuggly little body | 亚当得一种罕见病 让他软软的小身子 |
[01:11] | from developing into a full adult man. | 永远也不会长大成人 |
[01:13] | Bev, none of those dreams are about you, | 贝弗 这些梦想都不是关于你的 |
[01:16] | and one in particular is very troubling. | 其中一个还十分让人担忧 |
[01:18] | Damn it, I know! | 该死 我知道 |
[01:19] | Erica’s never gonna win a Grammy! | 爱丽卡永远不会得格莱美 |
[01:20] | Okay, I’m sure it’s not as bad as ya think. | 肯定没你想象得那么糟 |
[01:23] | Lemme see that letter. | 把信给我看看 |
[01:25] | Take your pick. | 你随便挑 |
[01:26] | “Dear Ms. Goldberg, | “亲爱的金伯格女士 |
[01:27] | your blending of fish and veal | 您把鱼肉和小牛肉一起做 |
[01:29] | is both upsetting and against God’s plan.” | 令人恶心 天理难容” |
[01:49] | It was March 13th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的三月十三日 |
[01:51] | and my brother had a new concern about his future. | 我哥对未来有了新的担忧 |
[01:53] | Listen up. I’ve got some | 听我说 我有一些 |
[01:55] | deeply upsetting news, JTP. | 令人非常沮丧的消息 JTP |
[01:57] | – JTP! – No! Not the time. | -JTP -不 不是时候 |
[01:59] | Mr. Glasscott | 格拉斯科特老师 |
[02:00] | just called an emergency college meeting with me — | 刚刚叫我去开了紧急大学会谈 |
[02:03] | by chasing me down the hall. | 他在走廊追着我说的 |
[02:04] | Oh, no. What’s wrong? | 不好 出什么事了 |
[02:05] | Turns out, we all need recommendation letters | 原来我们都需要去找老师 |
[02:08] | from teachers to get into college. | 写推荐信 才能进大学 |
[02:10] | And? | 所以呢 |
[02:11] | Wait, you all knew about this and didn’t tell me? | 等等 你们都知道却没告诉我 |
[02:14] | I tried to tell you, but you said — | 我想告诉你来着 可你说 |
[02:15] | Stop speaking, Matt Bradley! | 住口吧 马特·布莱德利 |
[02:17] | Yeah, that e-exactly. | 没错 就是这句 |
[02:18] | Seriously, you all have ’em? | 说真的 你们都有推荐信吗 |
[02:20] | Definitely to rub it in your face, | 绝对是当面朝你炫耀 |
[02:21] | but Geoff got 12 reccos. | 杰夫有12封推荐信 |
[02:22] | 12?! That’s almost a baker’s dozen! | 12封 差一点就13封了 |
[02:25] | Gimme one. | 给我一封 |
[02:26] | I’ll just open it and change the name from Geoff to Big Tasty. | 我拆开把杰夫的名字改成大甜甜 |
[02:29] | – No! – What’s the big deal? | -不行 -有什么大不了的 |
[02:31] | Bar, those letters were written about me. | 小巴 这些信里写的是我 |
[02:32] | And they need to be sent in sealed | 信必须不拆封寄出去 |
[02:34] | so the admissions people know they’re legit. | 好让招生人员知道没有造假 |
[02:35] | So, you’re saying I’m going to actually have to ask a teacher | 所以你是说我得真的去找一名老师 |
[02:38] | to write nice stuff about me? | 写关于我的好话 |
[02:39] | You’re not going to college. | 你别想进大学了 |
[02:41] | College-what? Who said college? | 大学咋了 谁提大学了 |
[02:43] | Whoa, where’d he come from? | 他是从哪冒出来的 |
[02:44] | For a big man, he moves like a phantom. | 这么大块头走路像鬼一样 |
[02:46] | Because college is the only thing that matters to me — | 因为大学是我唯一在意的事 |
[02:47] | That and the thermostat. | 还有恒温器 |
[02:49] | Okay, don’t freak out and call me a moron, | 好吧 别抓狂叫我白痴 |
[02:51] | but I’ve apparently thus far failed to “obtain” | 但很显然我至今还没有成功”获得” |
[02:55] | a “recommendation letter” | “学校”的”老师”写的 |
[02:57] | from a “teacher” at “school”. | “推荐信” |
[03:00] | Stop with the quotes. | 别再比引号了 |
[03:02] | My God, I raised a moron. | 我的天 我养了个白痴 |
[03:03] | You have. “This is your fault.” | 是的 “这是你的错” |
[03:05] | Luckily, our school had an insanely nice science teacher | 万幸 我们学校有个人超好的理科老师 |
[03:08] | who couldn’t say no to anyone. | 他不会拒绝任何人 |
[03:09] | – Dr. Katman? – Down here! | -凯特曼博士 -我在这 |
[03:12] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[03:13] | You’re lying on a bed of nails! | 你躺在了钉床上 |
[03:14] | Physics is just so bitchin’! Am I right? | 物理太牛了 对吗 |
[03:18] | Wanna try? | 想试试看吗 |
[03:19] | Well anyway, I know this is last minute, | 话说回来 我知道这很仓促 |
[03:22] | but apparently you gotta have a teacher write you a college rec- | 但原来想进大学需要老师的推荐信 |
[03:24] | Aw, buddy! | 伙计 |
[03:26] | I am so honored you asked me. | 你来找我我很荣幸 |
[03:28] | Truly, man! | 真的 伙计 |
[03:29] | – Really?! – Call me a proton! | -真的吗 -我就像质子一样 |
[03:30] | That’s how positive I am! | 一身正能量 |
[03:32] | – Dude, I really owe you one! – Stop. | -我真的欠你个人情 -打住 |
[03:35] | Just like a neutron, there’s no charge. | 就像中子一样 不计较[不带电] |
[03:38] | And also please don’t put any of those jokes in my letter. | 另外请不要在我的信里写这些笑话 |
[03:40] | With that, Barry’s problem was solved. | 就这样 巴瑞的问题解决了 |
[03:43] | And after all my mom’s rejection letters, | 而我妈在收到那些回绝信后 |
[03:45] | she turned to her hero, Julia Child, for answers. | 她从她的英雄朱莉娅·查尔德那寻找答案 |
[03:49] | Adam, I need your help. | 亚当 我需要你的帮助 |
[03:50] | This is a legitimate, real emergency. | 这是实打实的紧急情况 |
[03:52] | Oh, my God, what? | 我的天 怎么了 |
[03:54] | I’ve thought of a super-easy, foolproof way to sell my book. | 我想到了超级简单的傻瓜式卖书方法 |
[03:58] | I’m gonna do a cooking show like Julia Child, | 我要学朱莉娅·查尔德做烹饪节目 |
[04:00] | and you are gonna be my director and my on-camera sidekick. | 你要做我的导演和出镜跟班 |
[04:03] | I didn’t follow any of that, | 我一点都没听懂 |
[04:05] | but I’m pretty sure it’s not an emergency. | 但我很肯定这不是紧急情况 |
[04:07] | You know, at first, | 要知道 最开始 |
[04:08] | the rejection letters were devastating, | 那些回绝信是毁灭性的 |
[04:09] | but then I remembered that Julia didn’t become famous | 然后我想起朱莉娅一直默默无闻 |
[04:13] | ’til she was fifty and had her own cooking show! | 直到她五十岁时有了自己的烹饪节目 |
[04:16] | Huh? That’s where you come in. | 这一步就要你加入了 |
[04:17] | Or go out as fast as I can | 或者我尽可能快地抽身 |
[04:19] | ’cause what you just said is horrifying. | 因为你所说的吓死个人 |
[04:21] | But this is so up your alley, Adam. | 但这正是你擅长的 亚当 |
[04:22] | You’re always running around with a video camera. | 你总是拿着摄像机跑来跑去 |
[04:24] | Me? | 我 |
[04:26] | Nah, that’s like the opposite of what I do. | 没有 我最讨厌那些了 |
[04:28] | You got a camera in your hand right now. | 你现在手里就有一台摄像机 |
[04:29] | Good eye! Good eye. | 好眼力 好眼力 |
[04:31] | Thing is, I was just about to put this in the garage | 是这样的 我正打算把这个放到车库 |
[04:34] | ’cause making childish movies just doesn’t appeal to me anymore. | 因为拍摄幼稚的电影对我没有吸引力了 |
[04:36] | Let’s start filming, kiddo. | 我们开始拍摄吧 孩子 |
[04:38] | This karate tortoise outfit is already making me schvitz. | 这套空手道龟服装已经让我冒汗了 |
[04:42] | Okay, fine! I still make awesome movies! | 好吧 我还在拍摄很棒的电影 |
[04:44] | But I honestly don’t know the first thing | 但我真的对烹饪节目 |
[04:46] | about making a cooking show. | 一无所知 |
[04:47] | It’s “The Chadam Cooking Hour”: episode 140! | 《查当烹饪时间》第140集 |
[04:51] | Okay, fine! | 好吧 |
[04:52] | I made six years’ worth of cooking shows! | 我做了够播六年的烹饪节目 |
[04:55] | Doesn’t mean I can help you! | 那不意味着我能帮你 |
[04:56] | Adam, please. | 亚当 拜托 |
[04:57] | Be my cooking sidekick. | 做我的烹饪跟班 |
[04:59] | It’s my dream. | 这是我的梦想 |
[05:00] | Adam, I saw the rejection letters! | 亚当 我读过那些回绝信了 |
[05:03] | It was too much! | 过于要命了 |
[05:04] | Just help the lady with her dream! | 帮这女士实现梦想吧 |
[05:07] | Even if I wanted to help, I don’t run a TV station. | 哪怕我想帮忙 电视台又不是我说了算 |
[05:09] | I’m just a kid with a camera. | 我只是个有摄像机的小屁孩 |
[05:11] | What about public access? | 公共电视怎么样 |
[05:13] | They’ll let anyone on there. | 谁都可以上公共电视 |
[05:14] | I watch this one program | 我看过一个节目 |
[05:16] | where a lady answers tax questions in a bikini. | 一个女士穿着比基尼回答税务问题 |
[05:19] | Her information is definitely wrong, | 她的信息绝对是错的 |
[05:21] | – but I’m a loyal viewer. – Perfect. | -但我是忠实观众 -完美 |
[05:24] | I’m gonna call public access | 我给公共电视打电话 |
[05:25] | and verbally harass the first person who picks up | 口头胁迫第一个接电话的人 |
[05:27] | and tell them that we are coming down there! | 告诉他们我们要过去 |
[05:29] | We’re gonna be TV stars! | 我们要成为电视明星了 |
[05:31] | While I was facing a world of embarrassment, | 正当我面对不能更丢人的情况时 |
[05:33] | Barry was ready to rub his recco letter in Erica’s face. | 巴瑞准备好向爱丽卡炫耀他的推荐信了 |
[05:37] | – Hey, my Caboodle! – Erica’s Caboodle! | -我的小箱子 -爱丽卡的小箱子 |
[05:39] | Silence! | 安静 |
[05:40] | In my hand, I hold a glowing recco from Dr. Katman. | 我手中的是凯特曼博士闪亮亮的推荐信 |
[05:44] | – Oh, man, what a relief! – Yeah. | -老天 真松了一口气 -是啊 |
[05:46] | Feels good to know I’m not gonna be a full-time drain on society | 知道我不会像你可悲的沙发懒虫女友一样 |
[05:49] | like your miserable couch sloth of a girlfriend. | 成为全职社会拖累 感觉很好 |
[05:51] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[05:52] | You’ve worn sweats for six straight days. | 你连续六天穿着家居服了 |
[05:54] | – You get it. – Well, I wouldn’t be so cocky. | -你明白的 -你先别这么自大 |
[05:56] | You don’t even know what that teacher wrote about you. | 你根本不知道那老师写了什么 |
[05:58] | I’m sure it’s great. | 我很确定是好话 |
[05:59] | Dr. Katman’s super nice and also, | 凯特曼博士人特别好 另外 |
[06:00] | he has, like, the most hilarious science jokes. | 他有最好笑的科学笑话 |
[06:02] | The guy’s nice, all right. | 他人很好没错 |
[06:03] | If anything, too nice. | 其实是好过头了 |
[06:04] | The kind of nice you almost don’t trust. | 是那种你几乎不能信任的好 |
[06:06] | It’s like, “What are you hiding, man?” | 有种”你在隐藏什么”的感觉 |
[06:08] | It is like he’s hiding something. | 他确实像在隐藏什么 |
[06:10] | Erica, stop. | 爱丽卡 别闹 |
[06:11] | Don’t whip him into a frenzy | 别让他闹心 |
[06:12] | just because he commented on your current life situation. | 他不过是评论了一下你目前的生活状态 |
[06:15] | I’m not. I’m just stating the simple fact | 我没有 我只是说明一个简单的事实 |
[06:17] | that one single letter can ruin his life forever. | 一封信就能永远毁掉他的一生 |
[06:19] | I gotta see what’s in this letter! | 我得看看信上写了什么 |
[06:21] | Barry, stop. You can’t look at that. | 巴瑞 住手 你不能看 |
[06:22] | Wait, I got something. | 等等 看到了 |
[06:24] | What’s “poosnicken” mean? | “破死内劲”是什么意思 |
[06:26] | Is that good from an educator? | 老师这么说你算是好话吗 |
[06:27] | Doesn’t sound good. | 听起来不像好话 |
[06:28] | Ta. | 回见 |
[06:29] | Couch sloth my ass. | 敢说老娘是沙发懒虫 |
[06:31] | Dude, she’s just messing with you ’cause she’s in a bad place. | 哥们 她是因为现状不好故意耍你 |
[06:34] | Yeah, I know. You’re right. | 是的 我知道 你说得对 |
[06:35] | – And yet, it’s too late. – I assumed. | -然而已经太晚了 -我想也是 |
[06:37] | And so, Barry broke the sacred code of the recco letter | 于是巴瑞打破了推荐信的神圣准则 |
[06:40] | using a high-tech method | 利用高科技方法 |
[06:41] | he learned from watching “Murder, She Wrote”. | 那是他从《女作家与谋杀案》里学来的 |
[06:43] | Oh, crap! It worked! | 见鬼 真的管用 |
[06:45] | “It is a great honor and privilege to give | “能给巴瑞·金伯格我的最高推荐 |
[06:48] | Barry Goldberg my highest recommendation.” | 是很大的荣耀和特权” |
[06:50] | Uh, Bar? The steam is making the ink run! | 小巴 蒸汽让墨水都洇开了 |
[06:53] | Don’t panic! We’ll just dry it off with the iron. | 别慌 我用熨斗熨干 |
[06:56] | Oh, no! The iron’s intense heat is burning the paper! | 不 熨斗的高温让纸烧起来了 |
[06:59] | Don’t panic. I’ll just spray it with water from this bottle. | 别慌 我用这个瓶子喷点水 |
[07:02] | Oh, no! The charred remnants are soaked, | 不 被烧焦的纸都湿透了 |
[07:04] | and now the ink’s running even more! | 现在墨水洇得更厉害了 |
[07:06] | Don’t panic! I’ll just hit it with the iron again! | 别慌 我再用熨斗晕一下 |
[07:09] | Let me try to piece it back together! | 我试试把它拼起来 |
[07:10] | Time to panic! | 该慌了 |
[07:12] | The charred remnants are burning my hands! | 烧焦的纸把我的手烫了 |
[07:14] | While Barry destroyed his letter, | 正当巴瑞毁掉他的推荐信时 |
[07:16] | my mom was taking a page from Julia Child | 我妈在第一次彩排时 |
[07:18] | for our first rehearsal. | 学起了朱莉娅·查尔德 |
[07:19] | Aaand…action. | 好 开拍 |
[07:22] | Hi, I’m Adam. | 你好 我是亚当 |
[07:23] | Hello! I’m Beverly Goldberg. | 你好 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[07:25] | Welcome to “The Goldberg Gourmet”. | 欢迎收看《金伯格美食》 |
[07:27] | Bon Appétit! | 祝您好胃口 |
[07:29] | And cut. | 停 |
[07:30] | Okay, I got some performance notes. | 好吧 我有些表演建议 |
[07:33] | – Hit me. – So…you’re a human person. | -尽管说 -你是个正常人类 |
[07:36] | So, you should talk like one. | 像正常人一样说话 |
[07:38] | And action. | 开拍 |
[07:41] | Well, hello! | 你好 |
[07:42] | – Cut. – Hellooo! | -停 -你好 |
[07:43] | Hello, I’m Beverly Goldberg — | 你好 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[07:46] | – Cut! – Welcome to “The Goldberg Gourmet.” | -停 -欢迎收看《金伯格美食》 |
[07:48] | Bon Appétiiiit. | 祝您好胃口 |
[07:50] | And…cut. | 停 |
[07:51] | I think I know what’s happening. | 我想我知道是怎么回事 |
[07:53] | Seems whenever I say “action”, | 好像我一说”开拍” |
[07:55] | your mom panics and becomes Julia Child. | 你妈就慌张地变成了朱莉娅·查尔德 |
[07:58] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous! Here, I’ll prove it. | 别胡说了 来 我证明给你看 |
[08:00] | Say “action” and watch me cook. | 说”开拍” 看我做给你看 |
[08:02] | Action. | 开拍 |
[08:03] | This lovely dish is made with saltwater prawns, | 这道可口的菜肴是用盐水虾做的 |
[08:06] | Parmesan cheese, | 帕玛森芝士 |
[08:07] | and butter because butter is better! | 还有黄油 因为有了黄油生活更油 |
[08:10] | – I’m Julia Child! – Cut. | -我是朱莉娅·查尔德 -停 |
[08:12] | Okay, maybe I am doing a little something. | 好吧 或许我是有点问题 |
[08:14] | And I’m doing a lot of quitting. | 而我打算全力放弃 |
[08:15] | – Good luck with your project. – Wait, why?! | -祝你项目顺利 -等等 为什么 |
[08:17] | ‘Cause you’re gonna embarrass me on public television, | 因为你将在公共电视上让我丢人 |
[08:19] | seen by dozens. | 会被好几十人看到呢 |
[08:20] | And it doesn’t matter to you that this might | 哪怕这或许能帮我卖出食谱 |
[08:22] | – actually help sell my cookbook? – No! | -你也根本不在乎吗 -不在乎 |
[08:25] | ‘Cause my mom making a cookbook is also embarrassing, | 因为我妈做食谱也很丢人 |
[08:27] | and so are your aprons and weird parm dishes | 你的围裙和奇怪的焗菜也很丢人 |
[08:30] | and everything about you. | 你的一切都很丢人 |
[08:31] | It’s pure embarrassment, | 纯粹的丢人 |
[08:33] | and you have no idea what it feels like. | 你根本不知道那是什么感觉 |
[08:35] | Oh-ho, and you think I’m never embarrassed by you? | 你以为我从没因为你丢人过吗 |
[08:38] | Um, no! | 没有 |
[08:39] | I think you made it pretty clear you love everything that I do. | 你说得很清楚我做什么你都喜欢 |
[08:41] | So, you don’t think I’m embarrassed when I have friends over, | 你以为我邀请朋友过来时 |
[08:44] | and you do one of your creepy shows with a ventriloquist dummy? | 你用口技木偶演瘆人的节目 不丢人吗 |
[08:47] | You bought us matching outfits! | 你给我们买了成对的衣服 |
[08:49] | And you don’t think I was embarrassed | 你以为看你独自演三小时的节目 |
[08:51] | to watch a three-hour one-man show | 演来自世界各地的 |
[08:53] | where you played an eclectic cast of international characters? | 充满异域风情的角色 不丢人吗 |
[08:56] | You said my Jamaican accent was spot-on, mon! | 你说我的牙买加口音特别到位 伙计 |
[08:59] | And you don’t think I was embarrassed | 你以为我带着裤子去你学校 |
[09:01] | to run down to your school with an extra pair of pants | 因为那个我保证绝口不提的情况 |
[09:03] | because of the thing I promised never to speak about? | 我不觉得丢人吗 |
[09:07] | Promise broken! | 你打破了承诺 |
[09:09] | Baby, you are ten thousand times more embarrassing | 宝贝 你的丢人程度远远超过我 |
[09:11] | than I will ever be, | 一万倍 |
[09:13] | but it doesn’t matter because I love you more than anything! | 但那不重要 因为我爱你胜过一切 |
[09:17] | Clearly, you don’t feel the same way. | 显然你不是这样看我的 |
[09:20] | Aaaand cut! | 停 |
[09:24] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[09:26] | Even though Barry torched his college recco, | 尽管巴瑞烧毁了他的大学推荐信 |
[09:27] | he knew Doc would be more than happy to write him a new one. | 他知道博士会很愿意再给他写一封新的 |
[09:30] | Hey, Doc! Got a sec? | 博士 有时间吗 |
[09:32] | Of course, Goldie! | 当然有 小金 |
[09:33] | A little time for my star student. | 有时间陪我的明星学生 |
[09:35] | But first, let me wet the ole whistle with some wine. | 但首先 让我先用红酒润润口 |
[09:39] | Oh, you say this is just water. | 你说这只是清水 |
[09:41] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[09:46] | A toast to you! | 这杯敬你 |
[09:48] | Fun. | 真有趣 |
[09:49] | So, what’s the important news? I’m excited. | 有什么大新闻 我真兴奋 |
[09:50] | You should be. Remember that letter you wrote me? | 兴奋是应该的 记得你给我写的信吗 |
[09:53] | Of course. Your college recommendation letter. | 当然 你的大学推荐信 |
[09:55] | Yeah, that’s the one. | 是的 就是那封 |
[09:56] | Turns out, I read it against your wishes | 原来 我违背你的意愿读了 |
[09:58] | and destroyed it with fire and water. | 然后用火和水把它毁了 |
[10:00] | But you’re gonna write me a new one | 但你会给我写封新的 |
[10:02] | ’cause you did say I’m your star student. | 因为你刚说过我是你的明星学生 |
[10:04] | It doesn’t feel like that anymore, pal. | 现在没这感觉了 伙计 |
[10:06] | Wow, I’m like really mad right now. | 我现在简直气疯了 |
[10:08] | I understand why you would be, | 我明白你为什么会生气 |
[10:10] | but I’m very confused by your smile and cheery tone. | 但你的微笑和欢快的语气让我很困惑 |
[10:13] | Well, let me clear it up. | 让我把话说清楚 |
[10:14] | I’m really pissed, and I’m not gonna write xxxx for you, | 我真的很生气 什么狗屁都不会给你写 |
[10:16] | because what you did was really xxxxxx up. | 因为你所做的事太操蛋了 |
[10:18] | But I still need a recco for college. | 但我仍然需要大学推荐信 |
[10:20] | I’d ask another teacher, pal. | 我要是你就去找别的老师 伙计 |
[10:22] | I wish you all the best. | 祝你一切都好 |
[10:23] | Yeah, uh-oh! | 这反应就对了 |
[10:24] | You better go because I’m saying words | 你最好快走 因为我要说很多 |
[10:26] | that I never thought I would say to a child! | 我从未想过会对一个孩子说的话 |
[10:31] | Hey, man, you okay? | 伙计 你还好吗 |
[10:32] | You’ve barely touched your Fruit Roll-Up finger. | 你基本没怎么吃手指上的水果卷 |
[10:34] | Eh. Last night, I got into it with my mom, | 昨晚我和我妈吵架了 |
[10:36] | and she kinda got in my head. | 她让我有点心烦意乱 |
[10:37] | How? | 怎么会 |
[10:39] | Do you guys think I’m embarrassing? | 你们觉得我丢人吗 |
[10:44] | Oh, balls! You’re all avoiding eye contact! | 糟糕 你们都不敢看我 |
[10:47] | Bro, I think it’s pretty well-known that you’re…unique. | 老兄 我认为你是众所周知的 独特 |
[10:49] | – I’d say one of a kind. – Your own man. | -我会说独一无二 -特立独行 |
[10:51] | Those are just nice ways of saying I’m super embarrassing! | 那都是用好听的说法说我超级丢人 |
[10:55] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[10:55] | Adam’s mom caved and finally admitted the kid’s an embarrassment. | 亚当的老妈终于屈服承认这孩子很丢人 |
[10:58] | – Oh, sure. – What?! | -当然 -什么 |
[10:59] | You’re my girlfriend! You’re aware of this, too?! | 你是我女朋友 你也知道吗 |
[11:02] | It’s endearing. | 特讨人喜欢 |
[11:04] | Also… aw! | 但同时 |
[11:06] | How can my own mother protect and praise me | 我的亲妈怎么能用一生的谎言 |
[11:08] | with a lifetime of lies?! | 保护我褒奖我 |
[11:09] | So, you’re saying she’s a bad mom | 你是说她用优雅和善良 |
[11:11] | for accepting the humiliation you bring her | 去接受你带给她的羞耻 |
[11:13] | with grace and kindness? | 是一个坏妈妈吗 |
[11:14] | Yes! God, I suck! | 是的 老天我真是个烂人 |
[11:16] | For the first time ever, my mom needed me to support her, | 有史以来第一次 我妈需要我支持她 |
[11:19] | and I flat-out said no. | 我却直接拒绝了 |
[11:21] | Well, there has to be some way you can make it right. | 你肯定有弥补的办法 |
[11:23] | It’s obvious! | 很显然 |
[11:25] | I’ll just co-host a public access cooking show with her! | 我跟她一起主持一个公共电视烹饪节目 |
[11:28] | Not sure how obvious that was. | 不知道这显然在哪 |
[11:29] | My mom wants to be the darling of the food world | 我妈想做烹饪界的红人 |
[11:31] | who sells millions of cookbooks, | 卖出几百万本食谱 |
[11:32] | and I will not rest until it happens! | 在这成真前我不眠不休 |
[11:35] | As I was off to help my mom with her TV dreams, | 正当我帮我妈实现电视梦时 |
[11:38] | Barry was on a mission for a new recco. | 巴瑞誓要搞到一封新推荐信 |
[11:40] | All right, before I do, | 好吧 在我写信前 |
[11:41] | let’s just take a look at some of the work | 我们先看看你这学年在我课上 |
[11:43] | you did this year in my class. | 做的一些作业 |
[11:45] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[11:46] | That’s my napkin holder. | 这是我的餐巾架 |
[11:47] | And this? | 这个呢 |
[11:49] | That’s a shoe holder, for the holding of shoes. | 那是鞋架 用来架鞋的 |
[11:51] | What exactly is this? | 这具体又是什么 |
[11:52] | Bird house. | 鸟舍 |
[11:54] | And where exactly would a bird live? | 那鸟具体应该住在哪 |
[11:56] | On top of it. | 在顶上 |
[11:57] | Or it could lie down here or walk around over here. | 或者躺在这 或者绕到这 |
[12:01] | Thank you for your time. | 多谢你的宝贵时间 |
[12:03] | You were stage crew for two days | 你只做过两天舞台工作人员 |
[12:05] | and dropped a chandelier on my head. | 还用水晶吊灯砸了我的头 |
[12:06] | Thank you for your time. | 多谢你的宝贵时间 |
[12:08] | In order to save you time and energy, | 为了帮你节省时间和精力 |
[12:10] | I’ve written the recommendation letter myself. | 我已经自己写好了推荐信 |
[12:13] | If you could just sign it… | 假如你能签个字 |
[12:14] | “Barry Goldberg can squat a baby elephant | “巴瑞·金伯格能扛着小象做深蹲 |
[12:15] | and bench 275 an unlimited number of times.” | 无休止地举125kg杠铃” |
[12:18] | Uh-huh. Just right at the bottom there… | 就签在这下面 |
[12:21] | Tell you what, if you can do one pull up, | 告诉你 假如你能做一个引体向上 |
[12:23] | I’ll sign this letter and walk it to the college myself. | 我就签好字亲自给你送到大学去 |
[12:33] | Thank you for your time. | 多谢你的宝贵时间 |
[12:35] | Well, you can’t just give up. | 你不能就这样放弃 |
[12:37] | You need a good recco to get into — | 你需要一封好的推荐信才能上 |
[12:39] | Don’t say that word ’cause Dad will hear. | 别说那个词 老爸会听到的 |
[12:41] | Oh, man, I’ve sunk so low | 老天 我变得如此低级 |
[12:43] | that I’ve stopped my own brother from getting into… | 竟然阻止我亲弟弟去上 |
[12:45] | No! I destroyed the letter. | 不 是我把信毁了 |
[12:48] | This whole…mess is my fault. | 这整个大学烂摊子都是我的错 |
[12:50] | I only convinced you | 我让你觉得 |
[12:51] | that Doc wrote you a bad…recco | 博士给你写的大学推荐信不好 |
[12:53] | ’cause I was jealous. | 是因为我嫉妒 |
[12:55] | ‘Cause I’m going to… | 因为我要上大学了 |
[12:56] | Yes! | 是的 |
[12:57] | You’re about to go on a wild…adventure. | 你就要开始狂野的大学冒险了 |
[13:00] | I know I thought that dropping out of… | 我知道我以为从大学辍学 |
[13:02] | was the right move, but I’m realizing that | 是正确的决定 可我意识到 |
[13:05] | I really needed… to grow up a bit. | 我真的需要大学来长大一点 |
[13:08] | Look, I know you’re freaking out about your future, | 我知道你因为未来很慌张 |
[13:10] | but if anyone’s gonna be a rock star, | 但如果说有谁能成为摇滚巨星 |
[13:12] | it’s my rock star sister. | 那肯定是我的摇滚巨星姐姐 |
[13:14] | That means a lot. | 这对我意义重大 |
[13:15] | I’m sorry I’ve been such a jerk. | 很抱歉我一直这么混蛋 |
[13:17] | It’s cool. | 没关系 |
[13:18] | Everyone stresses out when it comes to college. | 每个人涉及大学时都压力很大 |
[13:20] | Who said college?! | 谁提了大学 |
[13:21] | What happened?! Tell me! | 出什么事了 告诉我 |
[13:22] | Okay! Fine! I messed up. | 好吧 我搞砸了 |
[13:24] | No, I did. | 不 是我 |
[13:25] | I got in Barry’s head and made him open his recco. | 是我让巴瑞胡思乱想 逼他拆了推荐信 |
[13:27] | – And then he ruined it. – Wait, you know? | -然后信被他毁了 -等等 你知道 |
[13:29] | Yes! I found that charred, damp letter | 是的 我找到了你扔在原地的 |
[13:32] | right where you left it. | 烧焦湿透的信 |
[13:34] | Why didn’t Mom clean that up?! | 老妈为什么没清理干净 |
[13:36] | Because you’re a dumbass, | 因为你是个蠢蛋 |
[13:37] | which is why I went to Katman and got you a brand-new recco. | 所以我去找凯特曼给你写了封新推荐信 |
[13:41] | How is this happening? | 这怎么可能 |
[13:42] | The man said no | 他决绝了我 |
[13:43] | and cursed me out in the nicest possible way! | 还用最友好的方式骂我 |
[13:45] | Because this man doesn’t take no for an answer | 因为一旦涉及大学 |
[13:48] | when it comes to college. | 本大爷不接受拒绝 |
[13:49] | But listen to me. | 但听我说 |
[13:50] | Do not betray your weird, happy teacher again. | 别再背叛你奇怪又开心的老师 |
[13:53] | As a matter of fact, just steer clear of him forever. | 事实上 永远别再去找他 |
[13:56] | My God, you’re actually super effective | 我的天 你在意的时候 |
[13:57] | and good at Dad stuff when you care. | 好擅长做老爸 效率好高 |
[13:59] | That’s on you for not being interesting. | 这都怪你们很无趣 |
[14:01] | You gotta promise me | 你得向我保证 |
[14:03] | you’re gonna go against all your instincts | 你会不按着本能走 |
[14:05] | and not be a moron who opens this letter. | 不做拆这封信的白痴 |
[14:08] | Can you do that?! Can you not be a moron?! | 你能做到吗 能不做白痴吗 |
[14:11] | Honestly, that’s asking a lot. | 说实话 这要求太高了 |
[14:13] | It really is, Dad. | 真的太高了 爸 |
[14:14] | As Barry took on the challenge of a lifetime, | 正当巴瑞面对一生最艰难的挑战时 |
[14:17] | I was ready to give my mom her lifelong dream. | 我准备好帮我妈实现一生的梦想了 |
[14:19] | Oh, Lord. | 老天爷 |
[14:20] | Oh, Lord in poop. | 老天屎 |
[14:22] | You know what? You were right. | 你知道吗 你说得对 |
[14:24] | This is not gonna help me sell my cookbook. | 这不会帮我卖出食谱的 |
[14:25] | All I’m gonna do is make a fool of myself. | 我只会让自己出丑 |
[14:27] | Mom! Look at me. | 妈 看着我 |
[14:29] | You’re in my world now — the AV world. | 你进入我的世界了 视听世界 |
[14:32] | This is where I shine. | 这是我发光的地方 |
[14:34] | So you just have to follow my lead, | 你只要跟随我的带领就行 |
[14:36] | and I’ll make you look good. | 我会让你很长脸的 |
[14:37] | Okay, I am so confused. You said — | 好吧 我十分糊涂 是你说 |
[14:39] | I know what I said, and I was wrong. | 我知道我说了什么 我错了 |
[14:41] | You’ve always been there to support me | 你总是在我身边支持我 |
[14:42] | with your love and kindness and new pants. | 用你的爱 善良和新裤子 |
[14:45] | And now it’s my turn to support you. | 现在轮到我支持你了 |
[14:47] | So take my hand and let’s go be on a TV station | 与我携手一起上电视吧 |
[14:50] | that legally has to let anyone on. | 法律上来讲这电视谁都能上 |
[14:54] | Preheat that oven. | 预热烤箱 |
[14:56] | – It’s parmin’ time. – Oh, yeah. | -焗菜时间到 -没错 |
[14:59] | Years of making my own movies had led to this moment. | 多年自制电影的经验让我走到这里 |
[15:02] | Aaaand rolling. | 开拍 |
[15:04] | Hi, I’m Adam — ooooooh, boy. | 你好 我是亚当 老天 |
[15:08] | In that moment, I discovered | 在那一刻 我发现 |
[15:09] | that when I go in front of an actual TV camera, | 当我站到真正的电视摄像机前 |
[15:11] | I freeze up with crippling stage fright. | 我会因为严重的怯场而呆住 |
[15:14] | It’s true, my body literally shuts down. | 真的 我的身体会实打实的死机 |
[15:18] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[15:20] | Guess that’s my cue. | 我想我该开始了 |
[15:21] | Hello and welcome. | 你好 欢迎收看 |
[15:22] | I’m Beverly Goldberg, | 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[15:23] | and this is my little sous-chef, Adam. | 这是我的小副厨亚当 |
[15:25] | Adam, say hello to the viewers. | 亚当 跟观众们打个招呼 |
[15:28] | Adam. Me. | 亚当啊 我啊 |
[15:30] | Now, the secret to shredding mozzarella | 把马苏里拉奶酪擦丝的秘诀 |
[15:32] | is to put the block of cheese in the freezer first. | 是把奶酪块先放进冰箱冻一下 |
[15:35] | Sous-chef Adam, the grater, please. | 副厨亚当 请把擦子给我 |
[15:38] | My hands are numb. | 我的手麻了 |
[15:40] | Over the teeth and through the gums, | 穿过牙齿和牙龈 |
[15:43] | look out, tummy, here it comes. | 小心了 小肚肚 好吃的来了 |
[15:47] | Whooooo is excited about my shrimp parm? | 有谁等不急吃焗虾了 |
[15:50] | Well, I sure as heck am. | 我是真的等不急了 |
[15:51] | Five stars, mama. | 五星级美味 妈妈 |
[15:54] | You can find this parm and many more parms like it | 这道焗虾以及更多焗菜的食谱 |
[15:57] | in “The Beverly Goldberg Cookbook”. | 尽在《贝弗莉·金伯格食谱》 |
[15:59] | – I’m passing out. – That’s right. | -我要昏倒了 -没错 |
[16:01] | Coming soon to book retailers near you. | 即将在您家附近的书店登陆 |
[16:04] | – I’m passing out. – What? | -我要昏倒了 -什么 |
[16:05] | I’m passing out. | 我要昏倒了 |
[16:06] | Do you want to sit down or something? | 你想坐下歇歇还是想怎样 |
[16:07] | I’m gone! I’m gone. I’m down. | 我完了 我完了 我倒了 |
[16:10] | I’m Beverly Goldberg, | 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[16:12] | thank you, and good night. | 感谢收看 晚安 |
[16:13] | Mama’s-Mama’s here, schmoo! | 妈妈在这 小宝贝 |
[16:15] | With my dad’s help, | 有了我爸的帮助 |
[16:16] | Barry got a new college recco from Doc, | 巴瑞从博士那获得了新大学推荐信 |
[16:18] | or so he thought. | 至少他是这样以为的 |
[16:19] | Hey, Goldie. | 小金 |
[16:20] | Listen, I didn’t sleep all night after I unloaded on you. | 我昨晚骂过你之后一夜没睡着 |
[16:23] | Not my best me. | 那不是我最好的一面 |
[16:24] | No, I deserved that surprising barrage of potty language. | 不 我活该被你那样密集地咒骂 |
[16:27] | Look, I know how important that letter is to you, | 我知道那封信对你有多重要 |
[16:30] | so I wrote you another one. | 所以我又给你写了一封 |
[16:31] | – You wrote a third letter?! – Third? | -你写了第三封信 -第三封 |
[16:33] | Buddy, this is the second one right here. | 伙计 这是第二封 |
[16:35] | No… this is the second letter. | 不 这才是第二封 |
[16:38] | You gave it to my dad yesterday. | 这是你昨天给我爸的 |
[16:40] | He may have given it to you, but I didn’t give it to him. | 这或许是他给你的 但不是我给他的 |
[16:42] | Wait! | 等等 |
[16:43] | That’s why my dad told me not to talk to you! | 所以我爸叫我不要来找你 |
[16:45] | He didn’t want us to figure this out. | 他不想让我们发现 |
[16:47] | Figure what out?! | 发现什么 |
[16:48] | What the hell is in that envelope, pal?! | 这信封里到底是什么 伙计 |
[16:49] | God only knows! | 只有老天知道 |
[16:50] | We gotta open that letter. | 你必须拆开看看 |
[16:51] | But…what about trust and all that stuff you got mad about? | 可 你跟我说的那些信任什么的呢 |
[16:54] | I’ve never been on this side of it before! | 我从没体验过这个角度的滋味 |
[16:56] | It is really eating away at me, buddy! | 让我抓心挠肝的 伙计 |
[16:58] | Me too! But how do we open this letter without ruining it?! | 我也是 但要怎样拆信才不会毁了它 |
[17:01] | With the answer to everything. | 靠万物的答案 |
[17:03] | Science! | 科学 |
[17:04] | That day, my brother set off to solve the mystery of a lifetime, | 那天 我哥决心解开一生的谜题 |
[17:07] | and that night, | 而那晚 |
[17:08] | I was reliving the embarrassment of a lifetime. | 我重新体验了一生的羞耻 |
[17:11] | I’m down. | 我倒了 |
[17:12] | Hey, pickle, maybe you should just watch “The A Team” instead? | 小宝贝 或许你该看《天龙特攻队》 |
[17:16] | I just wanted to see if my on-camera debut | 我只想看看我在镜头前的首次亮相 |
[17:18] | was as bad as I thought. | 有没有想象中那么糟 |
[17:20] | And it’s worse. | 比想象得更糟 |
[17:22] | No. You were adorable. | 不 你很可爱 |
[17:24] | You don’t have to do that, Mom. | 你不必这样 妈 |
[17:26] | I just really wanted to help you. | 我只是真心想帮你 |
[17:29] | Listen, lovebug, | 听着 小宝贝 |
[17:30] | you putting yourself out there to support me, | 你挺身而出去支持我 |
[17:34] | it helped me more than you could ever know. | 对我的帮助超乎你的想象 |
[17:37] | Come on, I just ended up embarrassing you again. | 拜托 我最后只是又让你丢人了 |
[17:39] | Adam, I love every embarrassing thing about you. | 亚当 你所有丢人的地方我都喜欢 |
[17:43] | It’s what makes you the most special, | 因为这样你才是求之不来的 |
[17:45] | brilliant boy anyone could ever ask for. | 最特别 最聪明的男孩 |
[17:50] | Well, if this cookbook thing doesn’t pan out, | 假如食谱的事最后不能成 |
[17:52] | at least we learned you’re shockingly awesome on camera. | 至少我们知道了你上镜时表现好得惊人 |
[17:55] | Forget TV. | 别管电视了 |
[17:56] | That cookbook is my dream, | 那本食谱是我的梦想 |
[17:58] | and knowing I have your support | 知道我有你的支持 |
[18:01] | lets me know that one day… | 让我知道 有一天 |
[18:04] | it’ll happen. | 它会实现的 |
[18:05] | Until then, | 在那之前 |
[18:06] | I’ll leave the cooking shows to you and Chad. | 烹饪节目还是留给你和查德吧 |
[18:12] | And done. | 搞定 |
[18:17] | “To whom it may concern — Barry is fearless | “敬启者 巴瑞是个无畏的人 |
[18:19] | and has a boundless passion and enormous appetite for life. | 有无限的热情和对生活极大的渴望 |
[18:23] | But what I admire most about my son | 但我最欣赏我儿子的地方是 |
[18:25] | is that no one has bigger dreams and more potential.” | 没人比他拥有更大的梦想和更多的潜能” |
[18:29] | Wow, your dad wrote this. | 是你爸写的 |
[18:33] | “I might be Barry’s father, | “我或许是巴瑞的父亲 |
[18:35] | but he’s the one who teaches me every day.” | 但我每天都从他身上学到东西” |
[18:37] | “The only thing he can’t do is know how much I believe in him.” | “他唯一不能做的是知道我有多信任他” |
[18:47] | Wow, I can’t believe Dad wrote such beautiful stuff about you. | 我不敢相信老爸写你写得这么美好 |
[18:50] | Well, you know him. Anything for college. | 你了解他 为了大学做什么都行 |
[18:52] | College? What about college? What now? | 大学 大学怎么了 又怎么了 |
[18:54] | Actually, I was just about to send out the recco I got from Doc, | 事实上 我正要把博士的推荐信寄出去 |
[18:57] | which he gave me today. | 他今天给我的 |
[18:59] | So I won’t be needing the one you wrote. | 所以不需要你给我写的这封了 |
[19:00] | You weren’t supposed to see that. | 你不该看的 |
[19:03] | Well, I did. | 可我看了 |
[19:10] | Fine, you can keep the stupid letter. | 好吧 这封破信你留着吧 |
[19:15] | Forever. | 永远留着 |
[19:19] | Yep, sometimes even the people you’re closest to | 没错 有时甚至你最亲近的人 |
[19:21] | can be full of surprises. | 也能充满惊喜 |
[19:23] | Welcome to “The Chadam Cooking Hour!” | 欢迎收看《查当烹饪时间》 |
[19:25] | I’m master chef Chad Kremp! | 我是主厨查德·克伦普 |
[19:26] | And I’m sous-chef Adam! | 而我是副厨亚当 |
[19:28] | Before we begin, | 在我们开始前 |
[19:29] | it’s important to always stick matzoh to your face! | 每次都把无酵饼贴在脸上十分重要 |
[19:32] | And make sure to butter up your face | 确保在脸上涂好黄油 |
[19:33] | so you can glue it right on. Mm, yes. | 好把饼黏在上面 没错 |
[19:36] | In the end, my mom kept working on her cookbook, | 最后 我妈继续做着食谱 |
[19:38] | but she realized | 但她意识到 |
[19:39] | she didn’t have to be Julia Child to be happy | 她不用变成朱莉娅·查尔德也能很开心 |
[19:42] | ’cause she already had the recipe for success — | 因为她已经有了成功的食谱 |
[19:45] | a loving family. | 有爱的家庭 |
[19:47] | Cooking is fun! | 烹饪真有趣 |
[19:52] | I love matzoh! | 我爱无酵饼 |
[19:54] | And I can eat matzoh! | 我能吃无酵饼 |
[20:05] | I got a knife. | 我有刀 |
[20:08] | Can I do this? | 能让我切吗 |
[20:10] | Can I do this? | 能让我切吗 |
[20:12] | Can I do this? | 能让我切吗 |
[20:15] | Can I do this? | 能让我切吗 |
[20:16] | Can I do this? | 能让我切吗 |
[20:19] | Now, our next ingredient is Cool Whip. | 我们的下一个食材是维普奶油 |
[20:20] | Make a beard. | 弄个胡子 |
[20:22] | Put it on your glasses. | 涂到你眼镜上 |
[20:24] | OK. Just mailed in my last recco and application. | 好了 我刚寄出了最后的推荐信和申请 |
[20:27] | Only a few month left, | 几个月后 |
[20:29] | and I’m out of this dump. | 我就离开这破地方了 |
[20:30] | – School sucks! – I’ll cherish you all. | -学校最烂了 -我珍视你们所有人 |
[20:31] | Our lives are finally beginning, JTP! | 我们的人生终于展开了 JTP |
[20:34] | I can’t wait to come back for our ten-year reunion | 我等不急十年后回来和你们重聚了 |
[20:37] | and show everyone how awesome we all are. | 让所有看看我们都有多棒 |
[20:39] | Oh, we’ll show’em when I roll up with Erica | 让他们看看 我携着爱丽卡 |
[20:41] | and I’ll be like “‘Sup! This wasn’t a fluke.” | 对大家说”怎么样 这不是露水情缘” |
[20:43] | Well, I’ll cruise in on my rocket boots | 我会踏着火箭靴飞进来 |
[20:45] | and my two wives named Heather. | 带着我两个叫海瑟的妻子 |
[20:47] | Locklear, and Thomas. | 洛克莱和托马斯[均为演员] |
[20:49] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[20:49] | I’m gonna beam here from planet Barry, | 我会从巴瑞星球传送过来 |
[20:52] | where I ride space elephants | 我在那骑太空大象 |
[20:54] | and rule Rap City with an iron fist. | 用铁拳统治饶舌星球 |
[20:56] | Wow, I can’t wait for this reunion. | 等不急参加这聚会了 |
[20:58] | – Reunions! – Reunions! | -聚会 -聚会 |