时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ah, the computers of the ’80s. | 八十年代的电脑啊 |
[00:01] | Cutting-edge machines with badass games | 那些尖端机器里满是炫酷的游戏 |
[00:03] | like “Oregon Trail” and “Castle Wolfenstein”. | 例如《俄勒冈之路》《德军总部》 |
[00:06] | The graphics were state-of-the-art and mind-blowing. | 画面是最先进的 十分过瘾 |
[00:09] | I got so obsessed with computer games, | 我是如此沉迷于电游 |
[00:11] | I even turned to the black market. | 甚至去黑市上购买 |
[00:13] | Psst, Atkins. | 阿特金斯 |
[00:15] | – Word in the halls is you got the hookup. – Damn straight. | -走廊消息说你有货 -没错 |
[00:17] | I got bootleg copies of “Congo Bongo,” | 我有盗版的《刚果邦戈》 |
[00:20] | “Zork,” | 《魔域》 |
[00:20] | and the holy grail of video games. | 和电游圣杯 |
[00:22] | And there it was — | 就是它了 |
[00:24] | the one computer game that every teenage dude in the ’80s | 八十年代的每个青少年 |
[00:26] | dreamed of playing. | 都梦想能玩的电游 |
[00:27] | “Leisure Suit Larry” — | 《休闲西装拉里》 |
[00:29] | the most coveted floppy known to boykind. | 男孩们最垂涎的软盘 |
[00:31] | This game’s got booze, babes, | 这游戏里有酒 辣妹 |
[00:33] | and bawdy bedroom situations. | 和下流的卧室激情戏 |
[00:35] | I’m tantalized but terrified. | 我好想玩但是好怕 |
[00:36] | You should be. | 那是应该的 |
[00:37] | We could go to jail in all 54 states just for playing it. | 我们只是玩玩这游戏就该进全国的监狱 |
[00:40] | And it’s yours for 500 bucks. | 五百块就卖给你 |
[00:42] | I’ve got five bucks and a gently used Ring Pop. | 我有五块钱和一个舔过的钻戒糖 |
[00:44] | Deal. | 成交 |
[00:45] | And so I spent the next 28 hours | 于是我用接下来的28小时 |
[00:47] | guiding Leisure Suit Larry to the promised land. | 引导休闲西装拉里去乐土 |
[00:49] | This is it! | 终于成功了 |
[00:50] | Larry’s finally gonna get lucky. | 拉里终于泡到妹子了 |
[00:52] | When we started this game, we were mere boys. | 游戏刚开始时我们还只是男孩 |
[00:54] | But we’re about to become men! | 但我们即将成为男人 |
[00:56] | Fireworks?! Where’s the naughty stuff? | 焰火 激情戏呢 |
[01:00] | I traded a used Ring Pop for this. | 我可是用舔过的钻戒糖换的 |
[01:02] | I’m back to being a boy again! | 我又做回了男孩 |
[01:03] | Which, honestly, is fine. I wasn’t ready. | 说实话其实挺好的 我还没准备好 |
[01:06] | Anyone here wondering where in the world Carmen Sandiego is? | 有人好奇神偷卡门在世界上的哪个地方吗 |
[01:09] | Lucky for me, I’d still get my computer fix | 幸运的是 我在学校新开的编程课上 |
[01:11] | in our school’s new programming class. | 还能过过电脑瘾 |
[01:14] | Now we hit the “enter” key | 现在我们按下回车键 |
[01:15] | and enjoy what the last hour of programming has brought us. | 享受之前一小时编程带来的成果 |
[01:18] | Annnd… | 然后 |
[01:23] | I know, it’s truly exciting. | 我知道 太激动了 |
[01:24] | Now it’s your turn. | 现在轮到你们了 |
[01:26] | Your final project will be designing your own computer game. | 你们的期末考试是设计自己的电游 |
[01:29] | Did he just say something interesting? | 他刚刚说了什么有趣的话吗 |
[01:30] | I can’t tell ’cause his voice sounds like a robot | 我听不出来 因为他的声音听起来 |
[01:33] | designed to put other robots to sleep. | 像专门哄机器人睡觉的机器人 |
[01:34] | Okay, break into groups and get programming. | 好了 大家分组开始编程 |
[01:36] | I hope you all find this project as exhilarating as I do. | 希望你们都像我一样觉得这个课程很过瘾 |
[01:39] | Within that boring delivery | 这个无聊的通知 |
[01:41] | was the greatest news of my life. | 传达了我这辈子最大的好消息 |
[01:42] | I get to program my own game! | 我可以设计自己的游戏了 |
[01:44] | All I needed was the perfect idea. | 我只需要一个完美的点子 |
[01:46] | Let’s break it down. | 我们解析一下 |
[01:47] | What do all the best video games have? | 所有最棒的电游有什么共同点 |
[01:49] | This is so hard. | 太难了 |
[01:49] | Creativity isn’t valued in my household. | 我家人不重视创意 |
[01:51] | Well, there’s always a main hero, like Mario here. | 永远有一个主人公 例如马里奥 |
[01:54] | And see those hammers? | 看到那些锤子了吗 |
[01:55] | Those are like power-ups. | 那是提升能力的道具 |
[01:56] | Schmoo, take your Flintstones vitamin | 宝贝 该吃维生素了 |
[01:58] | so you can grow big and strong like Bamm-Bamm. | 这样才能像原始人那样又高又壮 |
[02:00] | Eating my own power-up made me realize | 吃掉我的能力提升道具让我意识到 |
[02:02] | I didn’t have to look very far for inspiration. | 我眼前就有现成的灵感来源 |
[02:05] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[02:06] | Wait, that’s it! | 等等 就是这个 |
[02:07] | We’ll make the game about my insane family. | 我们做个关于我这疯狂一家人的游戏 |
[02:09] | And that’s entertaining how? | 这有什么意思 |
[02:11] | I had a good day! | 我今天很顺心 |
[02:12] | Don’t anybody spoil it by talking to me! | 谁也别来和我说话坏我心情 |
[02:15] | See? Every good game has a big snorting boss | 瞧 每个游戏都有坏脾气的大块头反派 |
[02:17] | who stomps around making everyone miserable! | 肆意践踏让所有人很痛苦 |
[02:19] | And we need stuff for our hero to dodge, | 我们需要主角必须闪避的东西 |
[02:21] | like barrels and fire and dopey wandering henchmen. | 例如木桶 火球和乱逛的蠢跟班 |
[02:24] | Owwwwhy?! | 为什么 |
[02:26] | ‘Cause maybe I want to sit in that chair at some point today! | 因为我今天某个时候或许想坐这把椅子 |
[02:29] | My game was writing itself. | 我的游戏写起来不费吹灰之力 |
[02:31] | I even got an annoying video game theme song, | 我甚至有了烦人的游戏主题音乐 |
[02:33] | thanks to my aimless sister. | 多亏了我毫无目标的姐姐 |
[02:34] | Wait. That’s it! I got my hit song! | 等等 我想到我的热门金曲了 |
[02:37] | *Banana, banana* | *香蕉 香蕉* |
[02:39] | *Ba-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na* | *香蕉蕉蕉蕉蕉蕉蕉蕉蕉蕉* |
[02:41] | That sucks. | 烂透了 |
[02:43] | Yep, the Goldbergs would become an actual computer game. | 没错 金伯格一家真的要变成电游了 |
[02:46] | But was the world ready? | 可世人准备好了吗 |
[02:47] | Bevy! I forgot to take my shoes off, | 贝弗 我忘了先脱鞋 |
[02:50] | and now they’re stuck! | 现在裤子卡住了 |
[02:51] | Damn it, I’m pants-trapped again! | 该死的 我又被裤子缠住了 |
[02:53] | Eh, we’ll tone it down for America — | 我们为了美国人民做些调整 |
[02:54] | make ’em more likable. | 让他们更讨人喜欢些 |
[03:01] | It was March 20th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的三月二十日 |
[03:04] | and Pops was back from another winning trip to Atlantic City. | 老爷子又在大西洋城大胜而归 |
[03:07] | Hey, your favorite high-roller is back | 你们最爱的豪赌客回来了 |
[03:09] | with comps from the casino. | 还带回了赌场送的礼品 |
[03:11] | And we’re talking drink vouchers, free rooms, | 这里有酒水券 免费房间 |
[03:14] | and front-row sets for a band called RATT. | 坐在前排看一个叫RATT的乐队演出 |
[03:17] | I understand they’re terrible. Please take them. | 我知道他们很糟糕 请收下 |
[03:20] | Hot damn, Al! | 真厉害 老艾 |
[03:21] | You never lose, do ya? | 你从不输钱 是吗 |
[03:22] | Come here and rub some of that good luck off on me. | 快过来让我沾沾你的好运气 |
[03:24] | I’ll do you one better. | 有比那更好的 |
[03:25] | Call your bookie | 打给你的下注人 |
[03:26] | and put $100 on the Flyers for us. | 我们在飞人队上押一百美元 |
[03:28] | You got it, big guy. | 没问题 老大 |
[03:29] | Just hit me with that cash, and I’ll give him a call. | 现金给我 我这就给他打电话 |
[03:32] | Put ‘er on my tab. | 记在我账上 |
[03:33] | I’m good for it. | 我能还上 |
[03:34] | So, you don’t have the money? | 所以你没有钱 |
[03:36] | I’m just saving it to play the ponies. | 我要留着钱赌马 |
[03:38] | Gotta keep that hot streak going. | 得趁热打铁 |
[03:41] | That lucky bastard! | 幸运的家伙 |
[03:43] | I’ll tell ya, if I was an older lady, | 告诉你 假如我是个老女人 |
[03:45] | I wouldn’t mind spending a little time with him. | 我不会介意跟他共度一些时光 |
[03:47] | This is a nightmare. | 简直是噩梦 |
[03:48] | Relax. I said if I was a lady. | 别紧张 我说假如我是女人 |
[03:50] | No! I’m talking about my dad’s gambling. | 不 我是指我爸赌钱 |
[03:53] | He just tried to borrow money from Bill, of all people. | 他刚刚甚至要向比尔借钱 |
[03:56] | Oh, Lord, she’s right. | 老天 她说得对 |
[03:57] | I’m not the person you ask for money. | 借钱也不该找我 |
[03:59] | My net worth is seven. | 我的净资产是七块钱 |
[04:01] | Bevy, the only thing your dad cares about more than gambling | 贝弗 你爸唯一看得比赌博还重的 |
[04:04] | is doing what he’s told not to do. | 就是让他往东他偏往西 |
[04:06] | Let him go to the casino. | 让他去赌场吧 |
[04:07] | Wait, that’s it! | 等等 就是这样 |
[04:08] | When he does, | 等他去赌场时 |
[04:09] | we’ll trail him and catch him losing big, | 我们跟着他 抓到他输钱 |
[04:11] | and then he’ll have to admit he’s got a problem. | 然后他不得不承认自己有赌瘾 |
[04:13] | Good idea, Mur. | 好主意 老默 |
[04:15] | On your way back, fill my car up with some gas. | 回来路上给我的车加点油 |
[04:17] | – Thank you. – Fine. | -谢谢 -好吧 |
[04:19] | Bill will help me spy on my father. | 比尔会帮我监视我父亲 |
[04:21] | Wha- No, no, no. | 什么 不不不 |
[04:22] | I just came over for some salsa. | 我只是来借辣椒酱的 |
[04:24] | Mur, say something. | 老默 说点什么 |
[04:25] | Get me a funnel cake. I love funnel cakes. | 帮我买份漏斗蛋糕 我喜欢漏斗蛋糕 |
[04:27] | And so my mom dragged Bill to Atlantic City | 于是我妈拖着比尔去了大西洋城 |
[04:30] | to see just how lucky Lucky Al really was. | 看看幸运老艾到底有多幸运 |
[04:33] | Turns out, the old guy still had it. | 原来 老爷子宝刀未老 |
[04:35] | Hot dog. You’re wrong, Bev. | 乖乖 你错了 贝弗 |
[04:37] | The man’s as lucky as ever. | 那爷们和过去一样幸运 |
[04:39] | Nope. He’s betting his watch. | 不 他押的是手表 |
[04:40] | You’re right. He’s a degenerate. | 你说得对 他不行了 |
[04:42] | While Pops was losing big, | 正当老爷子大输特输时 |
[04:43] | I was ready to unveil a little program called “The Goldbergs.” | 我正准备展示名叫《金伯格一家》的小作品 |
[04:47] | So, it’s like “Leisure Suit Larry,” | 这和《休闲西装拉里》差不多 |
[04:49] | where you walk around and do funny stuff, | 你走来走去做有趣的任务 |
[04:51] | but in our game, | 但我们的游戏 |
[04:52] | it’s about having a crazy family like mine. | 讲的是我家人那样疯狂的家人 |
[04:54] | For example, the overbearing smother. | 例如 专横的溺爱过度母亲 |
[04:56] | She’s there for every waking hour, | 你醒着的每时每刻她都在 |
[04:58] | and the sleeping ones, too. | 睡着的每时每刻她也在 |
[05:00] | Then there’s a pants-less dad. | 有个不穿裤子的老爸 |
[05:02] | He only gets out of his chair if you touch the thermostat. | 你碰了恒温器他才会从椅子里起身 |
[05:05] | And Pops, the wise, old grandfather | 还有老爷子 智慧的老祖父 |
[05:07] | who guides you through this crazy world | 指引你在这疯狂的世界里前进 |
[05:08] | with questionable advice. | 他的建议很有问题 |
[05:10] | Wow. This is an incredibly skilled graphic. | 这画面技巧非凡 |
[05:13] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[05:15] | Are you? | 你骄傲吗 |
[05:16] | – Is he? – Good luck. | -他骄傲吗 -祝你好运 |
[05:18] | I hope your family will be okay with you | 我希望你家人不会介意 |
[05:20] | openly mocking them for the sake of comedy. | 你为了喜剧公然取笑他们 |
[05:22] | Trust me, I’ve been videotaping them my whole life | 相信我 我一辈子都在录他们 |
[05:24] | and they don’t even notice. | 他们根本没注意到 |
[05:26] | What the crap?! | 搞什么 |
[05:28] | That looks like a computer version of me! | 那看起来像电脑版的我 |
[05:29] | Really? I don’t see it. | 真的吗 我没看出来 |
[05:32] | It’s says my name right there! | 上面还有我的名字 |
[05:34] | Dude! You can’t make a game about me | 哥们 没有书面同意 |
[05:37] | without express written consent! | 你不能把我做成游戏 |
[05:38] | This game isn’t just about you. | 这游戏讲的不是你 |
[05:40] | See? It’s about our whole family. | 瞧 讲的是我们全家 |
[05:42] | See? There’s computer Dad in his computer underpants. | 瞧 电脑老爸坐在他的电脑椅子里 |
[05:46] | Dad! Adam put you in his stupid game, | 爸 亚当把你写进了他的蠢游戏 |
[05:48] | and all you do is sit in your chair and call us morons! | 你只坐在椅子里叫我们白痴 |
[05:51] | Just let me sit in my chair in peace, moron! | 让我安静地坐在椅子里 白痴 |
[05:54] | See? It’s all in good fun. | 瞧 不过是为了搞笑 |
[05:55] | Check out the Erica bonus level. | 快看爱丽卡的奖励关 |
[05:57] | You throw rotten tomatoes at her as she busks. | 你在她街头卖艺时朝她扔烂番茄 |
[05:59] | If you get enough direct hits, | 假如直接击中次数够多 |
[06:00] | she stops singing and goes back to college. | 她就不再唱歌回去上大学 |
[06:02] | Oh, man. Erica’s garbage. | 老天 爱丽卡太烂了 |
[06:05] | Now, this one you totally nailed, bro. | 这部分你做得非常好 兄弟 |
[06:07] | Nailed what about me? | 关于我的什么做得非常好 |
[06:08] | What! Tell me now! | 是什么 快告诉我 |
[06:09] | Sister Erica, how would you like to be | 爱丽卡姐姐 你想不想成为 |
[06:10] | in a state-of-the-art computer game — | 一个最先进游戏中的角色 |
[06:12] | No! Take me out of that, | 不想 把我删掉 |
[06:13] | or I’ll punch your lazy eye straight! | 要不我就把你的斜视揍正常 |
[06:15] | Well, looks like it’s game over. | 看起来游戏结束了 |
[06:17] | Or is it? | 是吗 |
[06:19] | With just a few clicks, it’s goodbye, sister Erica, | 随便敲几下 再见 爱丽卡姐姐 |
[06:22] | and hello, brother Eric. | 你好 艾力克哥哥 |
[06:24] | If that’s an option, then change me, too! | 假如可以这样 那把我也改了 |
[06:26] | What’s to change? You’re perfect. | 有什么可改的 你很完美 |
[06:27] | I know that. But the game says otherwise. | 我知道 但游戏不是这么说的 |
[06:30] | Look at that spaz run computer-me is doing. | 看看电脑版的我跑得多弱智 |
[06:33] | I do not run like that! | 我跑起来不是那样的 |
[06:34] | Yeeeaaah, except that you do. | 可你就是那样跑的 |
[06:37] | No, I don’t! Make me stop! | 不 不是 让我停下来 |
[06:39] | You’re just making him run faster. | 你只是让他跑得更快了 |
[06:42] | Then I refuse to grant you the rights to my likeness forever. | 那我永远拒绝你使用我的形象 |
[06:45] | That’s the run right there. | 你就是这么跑的 |
[06:47] | How does he not see it? | 他居然看不出来 |
[06:49] | That’s it. | 到此为止 |
[06:50] | I’m banning my dad from Atlantic City, | 我不准我爸再去大西洋城 |
[06:52] | the horse track, and all bingo parlors. | 赌马场和所有宾果游戏店 |
[06:55] | So you want to ban the man from his entire life? | 你想禁止他去过自己的生活吗 |
[06:57] | Yes. I can ban anyone from anywhere. | 是的 我能禁止任何人去任何地方 |
[07:00] | Ask Murray if he’s allowed in Sharper Image. | 去问默里我准不准他去尖端印象 |
[07:02] | You did that? Why? | 是你不准他去的 为什么 |
[07:04] | Because I was losing him to the massage chairs. | 因为他只顾着按摩椅不顾家 |
[07:06] | Just like I’m losing my father to Atlantic City. | 就像我爸只顾着大西洋城不顾家一样 |
[07:09] | It’s not just Atlantic City. | 不只是大西洋城 |
[07:10] | He makes bets with my bookie. | 他还让我的下注人下注 |
[07:12] | Wait, that’s it. | 等等 对了 |
[07:13] | You’ll keep taking his bets, | 你继续让他下注 |
[07:14] | but you won’t actually place them. | 但不要真的下注 |
[07:16] | That way, when he loses big, | 那样当他输大钱时 |
[07:18] | he’ll keep his money and still learn a lesson. | 他不会真的输钱还能学到教训 |
[07:21] | Truth be told, | 说实话 |
[07:21] | tailing an old man to a casino in another state | 跟踪老人家去另一个州的赌场 |
[07:24] | was already a pretty full day. | 已经是很充实的一天了 |
[07:25] | So put me down as a “no”. | 所以我拒绝 |
[07:27] | I don’t accept. | 我不接受 |
[07:28] | Son of a bitch! | 该死的 |
[07:30] | Hey, Pumpkin! | 宝贝 |
[07:31] | Guess who just cleaned out the Tropicana again?! | 猜猜谁刚刚又把赌场的钱都赢回来了 |
[07:34] | Dad, your luck is incredible. | 爸 你的运气真的太好了 |
[07:36] | I just wish there was a way for you to win more | 真希望有办法能让你赢更多钱 |
[07:38] | without schlepping all the way to A.C. | 又不用大老远去大西洋城 |
[07:42] | I wish, too, for this. Yes. | 我也希望能这样 是的 |
[07:43] | You mean my dad should start placing all his bets | 你是说我爸所有的下注都该交给 |
[07:46] | with your great, new bookie… | 你优秀的新下注人 |
[07:48] | Bettin’ Joe? | 赌注老乔 |
[07:49] | He sounds great! | 他听起来人很好 |
[07:51] | $100 on a six-team parlay — | 一百美元连本带利押六个队 |
[07:54] | Jets, Lions, | 喷机器队 雄狮队 |
[07:55] | Bucs, Saints, | 海盗队 圣徒队 |
[07:56] | Oilers, and Packers. | 油人队 包装工队 |
[07:58] | There you go! If you’re gonna bet six teams, | 就是这样 假如要押六个队 |
[08:00] | they might as well be the worst. | 不如都押最差劲的 |
[08:01] | Well? | 下注啊 |
[08:02] | Oh, you want me to… call my bookie now. | 你想让我现在就给下注人打电话 |
[08:07] | Hello…Bettin’ Joe. | 你好 赌注老乔 |
[08:09] | Yeah, Bill Lewis. | 我是比尔·路易斯 |
[08:10] | Can I get $100 on a six-team parlay? | 我能一百美元连本带利押六个队吗 |
[08:14] | Yes, all the ones that you just guessed. | 是的 就是你猜的这几个队 |
[08:17] | He had to go. | 他得挂了 |
[08:18] | As Bill doubled down on the lies, | 正当比尔在谎言上下双倍时 |
[08:20] | I was busy being brutally honest | 我正忙着在电游家庭里 |
[08:22] | about my computer-game family. | 诚实得不能更诚实 |
[08:26] | Turn it down, dork. | 小声点 呆子 |
[08:28] | I’m writing music in my head with my eyes closed, | 我正闭着眼睛在脑海中写音乐 |
[08:30] | and you’re distracting me. | 你打扰到我了 |
[08:32] | I like it. That’s good. | 我喜欢 真不错 |
[08:33] | 我正闭着眼睛在脑海中写音乐 你打扰到我了 | |
[08:35] | Hey, did you just type in what I said?! | 你把我说的话都打进去了吗 |
[08:37] | Nope! You have nothing to do with this game whatsoever. | 没有 你和这个游戏一点关系都没有 |
[08:40] | Really? Then what’s that? | 真的吗 那这是什么 |
[08:41] | Just a random sweat-pants-wearing couch potato named Eric | 只是随便哪个穿家居裤躺在沙发上的艾力克 |
[08:43] | who thinks he’s gonna be a rock star. | 他自以为能成为摇滚明星 |
[08:45] | Huh, what a dipwad. | 真是个大傻蛋 |
[08:48] | Dude! You’re still making that game?! | 哥们 你还在做那游戏吗 |
[08:50] | I told you no Barry | 我说过不准有巴瑞 |
[08:51] | unless he runs as fast as Carl Lewis! | 除非他跑起来像卡尔·刘易斯 |
[08:54] | Fine! I’ll make you Carl Lewis! Is that all? | 行 我让你做卡尔·刘易斯 就这样吗 |
[08:56] | Actually, I do have a few more tiny, massive demands. | 其实我还有一些小小的大要求 |
[08:59] | You made computer Barry a friendless loser, | 你的电脑巴瑞是一个没朋友的废柴 |
[09:02] | which means you must add in the JTP. | 这意味着你得把JTP加进去 |
[09:04] | – That’s four more characters to design. – Only three. | -那要多设计四个角色 -三个就行 |
[09:07] | I’m sending a super clear | 我要给马特·布莱德利 |
[09:08] | but hidden message to Matt Bradley. | 一个很明显的隐藏信息 |
[09:10] | Your demands are insane! | 你的要求太疯狂了 |
[09:12] | The whole point is to make a game about me | 这个游戏原本要讲的就是我 |
[09:14] | and my actual family! | 和我现实中的家人 |
[09:15] | Oh, really?! | 真的吗 |
[09:17] | So this is you in real life — | 所以这是现实中的你 |
[09:19] | a hunky hero with six-pack abs? | 有六块腹肌的肌肉猛男 |
[09:22] | My final demand! | 我的最终要求 |
[09:24] | You must re-nerdify computer Adam | 你必须秉着诚实的精神 |
[09:26] | in the spirit of honesty. | 重新让电脑亚当变成呆子 |
[09:27] | Look, even if I want to make these incredibly stupid changes, | 哪怕我想做这些愚蠢至极的改动 |
[09:30] | my creative team will never approve it! | 我的创作团队也永远不会同意 |
[09:32] | And yet, they jumped at the opportunity. | 然而 他们抓住了这个机会 |
[09:34] | Aw, man, are you kidding me? | 伙计 你开玩笑吗 |
[09:36] | You actually listened to this butt clown? | 你真的听了这个小丑的话 |
[09:38] | Barry’s creative direction of the main character just made sense. | 巴瑞对主要角色的创作建议很有道理 |
[09:41] | You monster! | 你这个禽兽 |
[09:43] | How dare you force me to face the reality of what I am! | 你怎敢逼我面对我在现实中是怎样的人 |
[09:45] | You can’t just make fun of us and not yourself. | 你不能只取笑我们不取笑自己 |
[09:48] | Fine! Then it’s over! | 好吧 那到此为止 |
[09:49] | No one will ever see “The Goldberg Game”! | 《金伯格游戏》永远不会见天日 |
[09:58] | Oh, no… | 不 |
[09:59] | Oh, yes. He had it. She had it. | 是的 他有 她也有 |
[10:02] | The Goldberg program was everywhere! | 到处都是金伯格一家 |
[10:04] | How is this possible?! | 这怎么可能 |
[10:05] | Made a bunch of bootlegs, bro. | 我做了一堆盗版 老兄 |
[10:07] | This game’s hilarious ’cause I can wedge you | 这游戏很搞笑 因为我能拉你内裤 |
[10:08] | without real-world consequences. | 又不用在现实中负责 |
[10:10] | Balls. | 糟糕 |
[10:13] | Somehow, “The Goldberg Game” was the talk of the school. | 《金伯格游戏》莫名成了全校话题 |
[10:16] | Suddenly, everyone was eager to tell me their many opinions. | 突然间 每个人都急着告诉我他们的观点 |
[10:19] | Look! It’s that lazy-eyed spaz | 看 是那个金伯格游戏里 |
[10:20] | who can’t catch a baseball from the Goldbergs game. | 接不住棒球的斜视傻蛋 |
[10:22] | Yep, that’s me. | 是的 是我 |
[10:23] | Yo, do you really run all the way home to poop | 你真的像在游戏里那样不能在学校大便 |
[10:24] | ’cause you can’t do it at school, just like in the game? | 一路跑回家去大便吗 |
[10:26] | Sadly, that’s all real. | 可悲的是 都是真的 |
[10:27] | It’s embarrassing but relatable. | 很丢人 但很有共鸣 |
[10:29] | I’m rooting for you, bro. | 我支持你 老兄 |
[10:31] | You really don’t have to. | 真的不必 |
[10:32] | Yo, I got a question. | 我有个问题 |
[10:33] | Why did you turn Erica into Eric? | 你为什么把爱丽卡改成艾力克 |
[10:35] | You’re a liar. | 你是个骗子 |
[10:36] | Also, why’s it always sunny in the game even though it’s winter? | 还有 为什么游戏里冬天也是夏天 |
[10:38] | Dates in general are all wrong, and I hate it! | 日期基本上都是错的 讨厌死了 |
[10:40] | Do it better, or we’ll kick your ass! | 做好点 否则我揍你 |
[10:42] | Guys, it’s just a dumb game! | 大伙 那不过是个蠢游戏 |
[10:43] | It wasn’t supposed to matter this much to anyone. | 本该谁都不在意的 |
[10:45] | Hey, bro! | 老兄 |
[10:46] | Me and the JTP have been playing your game | 我和JTP一直在玩你的游戏 |
[10:49] | and we got a butt load of notes. | 我们有一堆建议 |
[10:50] | No. No more notes. | 不 不要再有建议了 |
[10:52] | But you made me shirtless in the game. | 可你让我在游戏里不穿上衣 |
[10:53] | I’m not Shirtless Rob. I’m Naked Rob. | 我不是半裸罗伯 我是裸罗伯 |
[10:55] | Take off my computer pants right now. | 现在就把我的电脑裤子脱了 |
[10:57] | And you gotta make me taller! | 你得让我更高些 |
[10:58] | It’s like the one defining thing in the game is that I’m short, | 好像游戏里我唯一的特征就是矮 |
[11:01] | but there’s so much more to me! | 可我还有很多内涵 |
[11:02] | Also, why am I not in the game at all? | 另外 为什么我根本不在游戏里 |
[11:04] | I am deeply hurt. | 深深地伤到了我 |
[11:06] | Why isn’t he in the game, Adam?! | 他为什么不在游戏里 亚当 |
[11:08] | I demand you put him in right now! | 我要求你现在就把他加进去 |
[11:11] | While I was under attack from my critics, | 正当我被批评袭击时 |
[11:13] | Lucky Al’s gambling odds were growing worse. | 幸运老艾的赢面越来越小 |
[11:17] | My gut’s telling me Drexel beats North Carolina. | 直觉告诉我德莱克斯能赢北卡罗来纳 |
[11:20] | I’ll bet a C note. | 我押一百 |
[11:21] | $200 on Miss Alaska. | 押阿拉斯加小姐两百 |
[11:23] | It’s about time someone up there wins, huh? | 那边也该有人赢了 对吧 |
[11:25] | $100 on the ugly poodle to win at the Westminster Dog Show. | 押一百这只丑狮子狗能赢威斯敏斯特狗展 |
[11:28] | I know sumo wrestlers are supposed to be Japanese, | 我知道相扑选手通常是日本人 |
[11:32] | but I just have a feeling about this Swedish gal. | 但直觉告诉我这个瑞典姑娘能赢 |
[11:35] | Lotta good horses running today, | 今天场上好马真多 |
[11:37] | but I’m gonna take $100 on Last But Not Least. | 但我想在”最后但同样重要”身上押一百 |
[11:40] | Okay, stop. Just stop. | 好了 停手 停手吧 |
[11:42] | Why would you bet on a horse with that name? | 你为什么要押叫这名的马 |
[11:45] | ‘Cause it’s a crazy long shot! | 因为风险大得吓人 |
[11:47] | She just gave birth and she doesn’t take water, | 她刚生完小马还不喝水 |
[11:49] | but I got a feeling. | 但我有直觉 |
[11:51] | Dad, you lost every bet you’ve made. | 爸 你押的所有注都输了 |
[11:54] | Clearly, it’s time to stop. | 你很显然该收手了 |
[11:56] | Just learn the lesson already. | 吸取教训吧 |
[11:58] | If anyone’s gonna learn, it’s you | 就算有人该吸取教训 也是你 |
[12:00] | when you see how much I win on Last But Not Least! | 你等着瞧最后但同样重要能赢多少钱 |
[12:03] | Don’t do it, Al! | 别这样做 老艾 |
[12:04] | That horse was 60 to 1 before it became a mama! | 那马生小马前的赔率就是60比1 |
[12:06] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[12:08] | Easy money! | 血赚啊 |
[12:09] | Now make the bet. | 现在快下注 |
[12:12] | Maybe I don’t understand your plan at all, | 或许我根本没理解你的计划 |
[12:13] | but your dad doesn’t seem to be learning a damn thing. | 但你爸根本什么教训都没学到 |
[12:16] | Patience, Bill. | 耐心点 比尔 |
[12:17] | This is all gonna be over soon, | 很快就会结束的 |
[12:18] | ’cause there’s no way in hell that mama horse is gonna win. | 因为那匹马妈妈绝对不可能赢 |
[12:21] | And in an upset for the ages, | 众人始料未及 |
[12:23] | it’s Last But Not Least by a nose! | 最后但同样重要险胜 |
[12:25] | I did it! | 我成功了 |
[12:26] | Who’s the big winner now xxxxxxxxx?! | 谁是大赢家 王八犊子们 |
[12:30] | Oh, we definitely all saw this coming. | 我们绝对预料到了 |
[12:32] | Bill, call your bookie. | 比尔 给你的下注人打电话 |
[12:34] | Tell him I want my cash in small bills — | 告诉他我的现金都要小票 |
[12:36] | easier to fill the bathtub! | 更方便装满整个浴缸 |
[12:39] | Mmmm, you can’t do that because money’s filthy. | 你不能那样做 因为钱很脏 |
[12:43] | And secondly, | 其次 |
[12:43] | you’d need at least $1,000 to fill the tub. | 想装满浴缸要至少一千美元 |
[12:45] | Good, ’cause I won $30,000. | 很好 因为我赢了三万 |
[12:48] | Dollars?! | 美元吗 |
[12:49] | How is that even possible? | 那怎么可能 |
[12:51] | That’s what happens when a dehydrated horse | 当一匹刚做过剖腹产又脱水的马赢了 |
[12:53] | that just had a C-section wins. | 就是这种情况 |
[12:54] | Somebody gets paid. | 有人赚疯了 |
[12:56] | And I’m somebody! | 那人就是我 |
[12:59] | And so, my mom owed Pops 30 grand. | 于是 我妈欠了老爷子三万块 |
[13:01] | Meanwhile, my sister had this waiting for me. | 与此同时 我姐正准备这样对我 |
[13:04] | All I did was come home! | 我不过是回家来而已 |
[13:06] | How the hell could you not put me in your game?! | 你怎么能不把我写进你的游戏里 |
[13:08] | You said if I did, you’d fix my lazy eye with punches! | 你说我要是写了你就把我的斜视揍正常 |
[13:11] | That was before I knew it was gonna be popular. | 那时我还不知道你的游戏会大流行 |
[13:13] | If you had said, “Erica, | 假如你说”爱丽卡 |
[13:14] | do you want to be in my popular computer game?” | 你想当流行电子游戏角色吗” |
[13:16] | I would’ve said, “Yeah. Whatever, maybe.” | 我就会说”或许吧 随便吧” |
[13:19] | Trust me, you should be happy you’re not in it. | 相信我 没在游戏里你该高兴 |
[13:20] | Happy? | 高兴 |
[13:22] | If this game becomes the next “Leisure Suit Larry,” | 假如这游戏变成下一个《休闲西装拉里》 |
[13:24] | this whole family is gonna be rich and famous except for me. | 全家人都会变富变出名 除了我 |
[13:27] | And I’m the one who loves money and fame. | 我才最爱钱和名声 |
[13:29] | – It’s my thing. – Babe, I just beat level five | -那是我的招牌 -宝贝 我五级了 |
[13:31] | by convincing Eric to actually take a shower, get dressed, | 我说服艾力克冲澡换衣服 |
[13:34] | and interview for a real job | 去参加正经工作的面试 |
[13:35] | instead of wanting to be a rock star. | 而不是只想着当摇滚明星 |
[13:36] | Not now, babe. | 一会再说 宝贝 |
[13:37] | I’m busy yelling at Adam for not putting me in his game. | 我正因为亚当没把我写到游戏里吼他 |
[13:39] | What do you mean? Clearly, you’re Eric. | 你什么意思 艾力克显然就是你 |
[13:41] | No, he’s a guy. | 不 他是个男的 |
[13:42] | And a lazy, couch-surfing, wannabe rock star — | 一个相当摇滚明星躺在沙发上的懒蛋 |
[13:44] | You bastard! | 你这个混蛋 |
[13:46] | No, no, no. You are not in any way Erica. | 不不不 你绝对不是爱丽卡 |
[13:48] | I give you my word, Eric! | 我向你保证 艾力克 |
[13:49] | You just called Erica “Eric,” | 你刚刚叫爱丽卡”艾力克” |
[13:50] | as if they’re the same person. | 好像他俩是同一个人似的 |
[13:51] | Damn it, Geoff! I know I did! | 见鬼 杰夫 我知道 |
[13:52] | I am insulted and angry and very hurt! | 我受辱了 很生气很受伤 |
[13:55] | And I demand that you scrap this pathetic Eric character | 我要求你删掉这个可悲的角色艾力克 |
[13:58] | and put in lovable, ambitious, multi-talented Erica! | 写一个惹人爱 有野心又有才华的爱丽卡 |
[14:00] | It’s too late! The game’s out there! | 太晚了 游戏已经传播出去了 |
[14:02] | People really dig Eric! | 人们特别喜欢艾力克 |
[14:04] | Oh, I sure do. | 我就很喜欢 |
[14:05] | Although I do feel bad for his girlfriend, Geoffina. | 不过我觉得他女朋友杰夫娜有点可怜 |
[14:07] | She just kind of dotes on Eric | 她过分溺爱艾力克 |
[14:09] | and gets all bossed around and — | 被他呼来喝去 |
[14:10] | Oh, am I Geoffina?! | 我是杰夫娜吗 |
[14:12] | This isn’t about you, Geoffina. | 这与你无关 杰夫娜 |
[14:13] | And if you want to be helpful, go get me a soda. | 假如你想帮忙 去帮我拿罐汽水 |
[14:15] | In the game or in real life? | 在游戏里还是在现实里 |
[14:16] | – Both! – Okay. | -都要 -好吧 |
[14:17] | Enough! All I wanted to do | 够了 我想要的只是 |
[14:19] | was make a fun, little game about my life, | 做个关于我生活的有趣小游戏 |
[14:21] | and now everyone’s mad and wants me to change it. | 现在每个人都生气 想让我改 |
[14:23] | Lesson learned. | 我吸取教训了 |
[14:24] | I’m never gonna make anything about this family ever again. | 我永远不会再做任何与这个家有关的东西 |
[14:27] | Here’s your soda, my love. | 给你汽水 亲爱的 |
[14:29] | Now I gotta go get Eric his soda. | 现在我再给艾力克拿罐汽水 |
[14:34] | I really did. | 我真的做得很好 |
[14:35] | While my computer game was right on the money, | 正当我的电游大获成功时 |
[14:37] | my mom and Bill were deep in debt to Pops. | 我妈和比尔欠了老爷子好多钱 |
[14:40] | So, the way I see it, we have only one option — | 在我看来 我们只有一个选择 |
[14:42] | call your real bookie, | 给你的下注人打电话 |
[14:43] | bet a ton of money on a bunch of other crazy long shots, | 在一堆风险很大的赌注上压大钱 |
[14:46] | and win the 30 grand ourselves. | 我们自己赢三万 |
[14:48] | But what if we lose? | 可假如我们输了呢 |
[14:49] | Well, we’ll just keep betting more and more | 我们继续下更多的注 |
[14:50] | until we’re back on top. | 直到把钱赢回来 |
[14:52] | Then we are the ones with the gambling problem! | 那就是我们赌博成瘾了 |
[14:54] | Who wants to celebrate my big win | 有谁想去钉书匠餐厅吃龙虾 |
[14:57] | with lobsters at Bookbinder’s? | 庆祝我赢大钱 |
[14:59] | – We need to talk. – Me first. | -我们得谈谈 -我先说 |
[15:01] | I dug myself a really big hole and saw no way out. | 我给自己挖了个深坑 爬不出去 |
[15:04] | I’ve always been Lucky Al, | 我一直都是幸运老艾 |
[15:07] | and it felt like I lost my touch in my old age. | 但我觉得年纪大了不中用了 |
[15:11] | But with this win, | 可赢了这次 |
[15:13] | it proves I’m still me. | 证明了我还是我 |
[15:15] | So, thank you, Pumpkin. | 所以 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[15:17] | If Pops was gonna come clean, so would my mom. | 假如老爷子要坦白 我妈也该坦白 |
[15:20] | – Or not. – Damn it, Bill! | -或者不坦白 -见鬼 比尔 |
[15:22] | Give the man his money! | 把钱给人家 |
[15:23] | What?! You know I can’t do that! | 什么 你知道我拿不出来 |
[15:24] | You stiffing me, Bill? | 你敢坑我的钱 比尔 |
[15:25] | Uh, n-no, no, sir! | 不是的 先生 |
[15:27] | I will leap over this railing and come at you hard, son. | 我会翻过这栏杆猛扑到你身上 小子 |
[15:29] | – Do not leap over the railing! – Don’t leap over the rail! | -别翻栏杆 -别翻栏杆 |
[15:31] | Then give me my money, man. | 那就把钱给我 伙计 |
[15:33] | I don’t play when it comes to my cash. | 涉及到现金时我可不开玩笑 |
[15:35] | Dad, stop terrorizing Bill. He’s good for the money. | 爸 别吓唬他了 他能拿出钱 |
[15:38] | I just picked up the phone to call my real bookie, | 我刚拿起电话给真实存在的下注人打电话 |
[15:40] | and he’s already on the line! What’s that? | 他已经接起来了 你说什么 |
[15:42] | – Yep, he’s got the money. – Well, then, let’s celebrate! | -对 他有钱 -那我们去庆祝 |
[15:44] | Get on your glad rags, | 换上晚礼服 |
[15:45] | ’cause surf and turf’s on Lucky Al! | 因为幸运老艾请你吃海鲜牛排餐 |
[15:49] | Sweet Lord, lady. | 老天爷 女人 |
[15:51] | I just wandered over here for salsa, | 我原本只是溜达来借辣酱 |
[15:52] | and now I owe an old man thirty G’s? | 现在我欠这老人家三万块 |
[15:55] | That man will learn his lesson. | 他会吸取教训的 |
[15:57] | Gamblers never win. | 赌徒永远不会赢 |
[15:59] | Except this time. | 除了这次 |
[16:00] | Yeah, it’s not great. | 是啊 是不太妙 |
[16:02] | “The Goldberg Game” had officially torn my life apart. | 《金伯格游戏》正式毁掉了我的生活 |
[16:10] | Game over is right. | 游戏结束就对了 |
[16:12] | The only choice I had now was to trash it. | 如今我唯一的选择就是丢了它 |
[16:15] | Good news. I trashed every copy of the game | 好消息 我扔了所有游戏副本 |
[16:17] | so you don’t have to worry about being Eric. | 这下你不用担心艾力克的事了 |
[16:19] | Or you keep Eric, but change him to Erica | 或者你留着艾力克 但把他改成爱丽卡 |
[16:21] | and make her a budding rock goddess. | 让她成为萌芽期的摇滚明星 |
[16:22] | No one cares about Eric’s lame music career! | 没人在乎艾力克逊毙的音乐事业 |
[16:26] | I have more notes on Big Tasty, | 关于大甜甜我有更多建议 |
[16:28] | mainly that you include that nickname as much as possible. | 主要是你尽可能多地使用那个昵称 |
[16:30] | No! I’m done writing about this crazy family! | 不 我不要再写这疯狂的一家人了 |
[16:32] | Game over! | 游戏结束 |
[16:33] | Wait, are you talking about your computer game? | 等等 你在说你的电子游戏吗 |
[16:35] | If you’re making changes, make Geoffina less annoying. | 假如你要改 别让杰夫娜那么烦人 |
[16:38] | Aw, man. I don’t wanna hear crap from you, too. | 老天 不要连你也来批评我 |
[16:40] | Crap?! | 批评 |
[16:41] | It’s good stuff! | 这游戏很好 |
[16:42] | Good? All computer-you does | 很好 电脑版的你 |
[16:44] | is watch TV in your chair and scream about the thermostat. | 只在椅子里看电视 因为恒温器大吼 |
[16:47] | Classic Mur! | 典型的老默 |
[16:48] | My God. How are you okay with that?! | 我的天 你为什么能接受 |
[16:50] | Because it’s funny! | 因为很有趣 |
[16:51] | Why is everyone so damn sensitive? | 为什么每个人都这么敏感 |
[16:53] | Writing about Barry’s spazzy run is one thing, | 写巴瑞的弱智跑是一回事 |
[16:56] | but that game strongly implies that I’m a sad train wreck! | 但这游戏强烈暗示我是个可悲的废物 |
[16:58] | – You are. – It’s true. | -你是啊 -没错 |
[17:00] | And that’s exactly how you run. | 你也确实是那么跑的 |
[17:02] | So hilariously accurate. | 超精准超爆笑 |
[17:04] | Don’t listen to these morons. | 别听这些白痴胡说 |
[17:07] | You keep going with that game. | 你继续做那游戏 |
[17:09] | It’s the best thing you’ve ever made. | 这是你做过的最好的东西 |
[17:11] | You’re really okay with this? | 你真的不介意这游戏 |
[17:13] | Yeah! | 真的 |
[17:14] | I’m okay with it. | 我不介意 |
[17:15] | Because it’s done with love. | 因为是用爱做出来的 |
[17:18] | Thanks to my dad, | 多亏了我爸 |
[17:19] | I realized I had to stop listening to all my critics | 我意识到我必须不再听那些批评 |
[17:22] | and just make something that I believed in. | 继续创作有信念的作品 |
[17:24] | Maybe it wouldn’t be perfect, but at least it would be real. | 或许不完美 但至少很真实 |
[17:27] | Are you sure about these lobsters, Dad? | 你确定要吃龙虾吗 爸 |
[17:29] | This place is very expensive. | 这餐厅很贵 |
[17:31] | We’re supposed to be celebrating my big win. | 我们就是来庆祝我赢大钱的 |
[17:34] | Dad, stop. | 爸 够了 |
[17:36] | You didn’t win anything. | 你什么都没赢 |
[17:37] | What? | 什么 |
[17:38] | I didn’t place the bets | 我没下注 |
[17:39] | because I was trying to protect you. | 因为我想尽力保护你 |
[17:42] | This gambling has become a real problem. | 你的赌瘾已经成了大问题 |
[17:45] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[17:47] | Bevy, I needed this win. | 贝弗 我需要赢这一次 |
[17:49] | I needed to be me again. | 我需要再次做自己 |
[17:51] | Not like this. None of this is you. | 这样不行 这不是你 |
[17:54] | I just thought I could figure this out on my own. | 我只是以为我能自己解决这个问题 |
[17:58] | I’m used to fixing problems in this family, | 我过去总是解决家里的问题 |
[18:00] | not being the problem. | 而不是成为问题 |
[18:04] | Well, now it’s my turn to help fix this for you. | 现在轮到我帮你解决问题了 |
[18:12] | I’m really gonna miss those high-roller comps. | 我会很想念那些给豪赌客的礼品 |
[18:14] | Dad, you’re comped here every night. | 爸 在家你每晚都有礼品 |
[18:17] | I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只不过 |
[18:20] | I thought I was different from everyone else. | 我以为我和其他人不一样 |
[18:23] | I thought I was lucky. | 我以为我很幸运 |
[18:24] | You are! | 你是很幸运 |
[18:26] | You have us. | 你有我们 |
[18:28] | And we have you. | 我们有你 |
[18:30] | And that makes us pretty lucky, too. | 这么看我们也挺幸运的 |
[18:32] | That day, | 那天 |
[18:33] | Pops realized there’s only one sure bet in life, | 老爷子意识到人生中唯一稳赢的赌注 |
[18:36] | and that’s the love of your family — | 就是家人的爱 |
[18:36] | 这就是家人的美妙之处 他们永远在你身边 | |
[18:37] | as crazy as they may be. | 尽管他们很疯狂 |
[18:39] | Are you actually playing my game? | 你们居然真的在玩游戏 |
[18:41] | For the record, I don’t run like that, | 把话说清楚 我不是那么跑的 |
[18:42] | but it’s kinda fun. | 但挺有意思的 |
[18:44] | And as hard as it is to admit, | 尽管很难承认 |
[18:46] | we know you made this game with love. | 我们知道你是用爱在做这个游戏 |
[18:48] | I really did, | 是真的 |
[18:49] | but if writing about my life is gonna hurt the people I love, | 但假如写我的生活会伤到我爱的人 |
[18:52] | then, honestly, I don’t want to do it. | 那说实话 我不想写了 |
[18:55] | No, Dad was right. | 不 爸说得对 |
[18:56] | It’s what you do best. | 这是你最擅长的 |
[18:58] | And, honestly, it’s fine you changed my name. | 说实话 你把我的名字改了也没关系 |
[19:00] | It gives me plausible deniability | 这样我做过的那些傻事 |
[19:02] | over all the stupid stuff I’ve done. | 都有了看似可信的否认机会 |
[19:04] | And, man, I’ve done some really stupid stuff. | 老天 我真的做过不少傻事 |
[19:06] | I’m gonna hug you both, | 我要拥抱你们俩 |
[19:07] | and there’s nothing you can do about it. | 你们也拿我没办法 |
[19:09] | – Oh, lame. – Enough with the hugging. | -逊 -不要再抱了 |
[19:11] | That day, I learned what it means | 那天 我终于明白了 |
[19:13] | when they say “write what you know”. | “去写自己了解的”是什么意思 |
[19:15] | There was nothing I knew better or loved more | 而我最了解最热爱的 |
[19:18] | than the Goldbergs. | 就是金伯格一家 |
[19:23] | I am here with the real Eric Goldberg. | 我身边的是现实中的艾力克·金伯格 |
[19:25] | You know, this show is based on your family — | 这个剧讲的是你们一家人 |
[19:27] | and Barry is Barry, | 巴瑞是巴瑞 |
[19:29] | and Adam is Adam — | 亚当是亚当 |
[19:30] | but how do you really feel about the fact | 但你实际上是怎样看待 |
[19:32] | that you have now become Erica on the show? | 自己变成了剧中的爱丽卡这件事的 |
[19:35] | I have plausible deniability. | 我有了看似可信的否认机会 |
[19:37] | I can, uh, deny all those true Goldberg stories. | 我可以否认所有那些金伯格一家的故事 |
[19:41] | People don’t realize that a lot of Erica’s stories | 人们没有意识到许多爱丽卡的故事 |
[19:43] | come from your life. | 都源自于你的生活 |
[19:44] | For example, did you ever break into a pool | 例如 你有没有闯入过泳池 |
[19:46] | and steal a knish and get arrested for it? | 偷克尼什馅饼还因此被捕 |
[19:48] | Uh, true. Um, I definitely stole a knish, | 是真的 我绝对偷了一个克尼什馅饼 |
[19:51] | and I did get arrested for it. | 然后因此被捕了 |
[19:52] | Did you ever sneak off to the Poconos | 你有没有偷偷去波克诺山 |
[19:54] | and wreck your dad’s car? | 毁了你爸的车 |
[19:55] | I did sneak off in college with my girlfriend. | 我大学时真的和女友去了 |
[19:57] | And the car rolled over | 然后翻车了 |
[19:58] | and my dad did have a cow at the end | 我爸最后看到顶棚塌陷的车 |
[20:00] | when he saw the car with the roof crushed in. | 真的大发脾气 |
[20:02] | True or false — | 真的还是假的 |
[20:03] | Did you get a fake I.D. in high school? | 你在高中时买了假身份证 |
[20:05] | False. I did not get a fake I.D. | 假的 我没买假身份证 |
[20:07] | I made a fake I.D. | 我自己做了假身份证 |
[20:08] | uh, with my computer and a laminator. | 用我的电脑和压膜机 |
[20:11] | Uh, it was a fake I.D. from Illinois. | 那是伊利诺斯州的假身份证 |
[20:12] | So, did you want to be a rock star, | 你当时想当摇滚明星吗 |
[20:14] | and can you sing? | 会唱歌吗 |
[20:15] | No, this is not true. I have a horrible voice. | 不 这不是真的 我唱歌很难听 |
[20:17] | Thankfully, you have a beautiful voice. | 谢天谢地 你唱歌很动听 |
[20:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:20] | You’ll be the rock star. | 你会成为摇滚明星的 |
[20:24] | Okay, | 好了 |
[20:25] | I just programmed a new level in “The Goldberg Game” — | 我刚刚给《金伯格游戏》加了新关卡 |
[20:27] | Your grade is a C-plus, Mr. Goldberg. | 你的成绩是及格 金伯格先生 |
[20:29] | I found the characters | 我认为游戏角色 |
[20:30] | to be unlikable cartoonish stereotypes. | 是不讨喜的卡通化刻板印象 |
[20:32] | But it’s a good game! | 但这是个好游戏 |
[20:33] | So good, in fact, that I know there can be, like, t-shirts | 事实上 好到我知道会出T恤周边 |
[20:36] | and action figures and spin-offs. | 玩偶手办和衍生剧 |
[20:38] | This could be bigger than “Star Wars”! | 这可能比《星球大战》还火 |
[20:40] | – Star what? – How do you not know “Star Wars”?! | -星啥 -你怎么会不知道《星球大战》 |
[20:42] | It’s the greatest film franchise ever made. | 那是史上最棒的系列电影 |
[20:44] | Well, that’s your opinion. | 那是你的观点 |
[20:45] | Rent “Return of the Jedi” — | 租《绝地归来》 |
[20:46] | see for yourself. | 你自己看 |
[20:47] | I only see movies in the theater. | 我只去影院看电影 |
[20:48] | Fine, I’ll take you to see the “Star Wars” prequel | 好 那我带你去看星战前传 |
[20:51] | George Lucas has been talking about. | 乔治·卢卡斯一直说要拍的那部 |
[20:52] | – Is it out now? – No. | -已经上映了吗 -还没 |
[20:53] | But he’s been promising to make it forever, | 但他一直以来都说保证会拍 |
[20:56] | so it’ll be any day now. | 肯定随时会拍的 |
[20:57] | If I change your grade to a B-minus, will you go away? | 我要是把你的成绩改成良 你能走开吗 |
[21:00] | Good day, sir. | 日安 先生 |