时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the ’80s, | 在八十年代 |
[00:02] | there wasn’t a Hollywood awards show every week. | 好莱坞不会每周都办颁奖典礼 |
[00:03] | There was just one. I loved it. | 当时只有一个 是我的挚爱 |
[00:06] | The Oscars. | 奥斯卡奖 |
[00:07] | Atta boy, Rain Man! | 好样的 《雨人》 |
[00:08] | Eighty-two toothpicks and one shiny statuette! | 八十二支牙刷和一座闪亮的小金人 |
[00:11] | Yes, Meryl. | 太棒了 梅尔 |
[00:12] | Sophie might’ve had a tough choice, | 苏菲或许要面临艰难选择 |
[00:14] | but the Academy sure didn’t. | 但学院奖一点也不用犹豫 |
[00:16] | Robert De Niro! | 罗伯特・德尼罗 |
[00:17] | More like Robert my hero. | 简直是我的英雄 |
[00:19] | I agree. You rocked me, Amadeus. | 我同意 《莫扎特传》太炫酷了 |
[00:21] | Who the hell are you talking to? | 你到底在跟谁说话 |
[00:23] | But as an aspiring filmmaker | 但作为一个有抱负的电影制作人 |
[00:25] | and son of Beverly Goldberg, | 和贝弗莉・金伯格的儿子 |
[00:26] | there was another, lesser-known awards show | 还有一个不那么知名的颁奖典礼 |
[00:28] | I was forced to endure. | 我不得不忍受 |
[00:29] | And now, the mom-ent we’ve all been waiting for, | 接下来是我们一直翘首期盼的妈妈典礼 |
[00:32] | the Acade-mom Award for Best Picture. | 学院妈妈奖 最佳影片 |
[00:34] | I thought last year was the end of this, | 我还以为去年是最后一届了 |
[00:36] | when I got my Lifetime Achieve-mom Award. | 去年我已经得了妈妈终身成就奖 |
[00:38] | Your whining is why the ceremony always runs over. | 因为你的抱怨 仪式才总是超时 |
[00:41] | And the Mom-inees are… | 提名妈妈奖的有 |
[00:43] | Inspector Fudge, a parody, | 恶搞喜剧《软糖调查员》 |
[00:45] | directed by Adam Goldberg. | 导演亚当・金伯格 |
[00:46] | We all knew he was gonna find the fudge. | 我们都知道他会找到软糖的 |
[00:49] | It’s in his name! | 他名字就叫软糖 |
[00:50] | The Partially Dressed Gun, | 《那支没修好的枪》 |
[00:52] | a parody of the parody The Naked Gun, | 恶搞恶搞喜剧《白头神探》的喜剧 |
[00:54] | directed by Adam F. Goldberg. | 导演亚当・金伯格 |
[00:56] | I didn’t care for that one. | 那部我可不喜欢 |
[00:57] | ‘Cause you never saw the source material! | 因为你从来没看过原始素材 |
[01:00] | Adam and Chad Throw Pies at the Garage, | 《亚当和查德朝车库丢派》 |
[01:01] | directed by Adam F. Goldberg. | 导演亚当・金伯格 |
[01:03] | That one, at least I understood. | 那部至少我还能看懂 |
[01:06] | And the Mommy goes to… | 获得妈妈奖的是 |
[01:07] | I’m nervous for you, kid. | 我真替你紧张 孩子 |
[01:09] | Adam and Chad Throw Pies at the Garage, | 《亚当和查德朝车库丢派》 |
[01:11] | directed by Adam F. Goldberg! | 导演亚当・金伯格 |
[01:14] | Get on up here, Adam! It’s a sweep! | 快上来 亚当 奖都被你包揽了 |
[01:15] | Ah, fine. | 好吧 |
[01:16] | Thank you for recognizing a video I made | 多谢你们认可我拍摄的录像 |
[01:19] | to kill three hours over Labor Day weekend. | 那是为了在劳动节周末消磨三个小时拍的 |
[01:21] | Is there anyone you’d like to thank? | 你有什么想感谢的人吗 |
[01:23] | Thank you to Mrs. Kremp | 多谢克伦普夫人 |
[01:25] | for letting us throw pies at her garage. | 让我们朝她的车库丢派 |
[01:26] | – And? – Thank you to my father | -还有吗 -感谢我父亲 |
[01:28] | for buying me blank tapes to film on. | 给我买空白录像带录像用 |
[01:30] | And? Anyone who inspired you? | 还有什么激励你的人吗 |
[01:32] | All the other filmmakers who came before me. | 所有电影制作先驱们 |
[01:34] | Surely, there is someone | 肯定有什么人 |
[01:36] | who always believed in you and gave you life. | 一直相信你 赋予你生命 |
[01:37] | Just say the words, Adam. | 赶紧说吧 亚当 |
[01:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:41] | I’d also like to thank my mother. | 我还想感谢我母亲 |
[01:42] | W-What? Oh, my God! | 什么 我的天 |
[01:44] | That’s my son! | 那是我儿子 |
[01:45] | I made him, so I deserve this. | 我创造了他 这都是我应得的 |
[01:47] | Um, my heart is racing right now. | 我的心跳得好快 |
[01:49] | I promised I wouldn’t cry, but, uh… | 我保证过我不会哭 但是 |
[01:51] | You like me! You really like me! | 你们喜欢我 你们真的喜欢我 |
[02:07] | It was January 29th, 1980-something. | 那是一九八几年的一月二十九日 |
[02:09] | Barry and his friends | 巴瑞和朋友们 |
[02:10] | were in their first adult apartment. | 在他们作为成年人的第一间公寓 |
[02:12] | Unfortunately, they weren’t adult enough to pay their bills. | 不幸的是 他们还没成熟到付账单 |
[02:14] | -JTP -JTP – JTP. – JTP. | |
[02:16] | Guys, I am so cold. | 大伙 我好冷 |
[02:18] | I don’t think I can make it another night here. | 我觉得我在这一晚也撑不下去了 |
[02:20] | Also, have you guys noticed | 另外 你们注意到了吗 |
[02:21] | there’s no water coming out of the faucet? | 水龙头里没有水流出来了 |
[02:23] | Hilarious. | 真好笑 |
[02:24] | We’re lovable screw-ups you can’t help rooting for. | 人们会忍不住替我们这群可爱废物加油 |
[02:26] | Eh, I don’t think anyone would root for us | 我觉得人们一旦看到我们的卫生间 |
[02:28] | if they saw our bathroom. | 就不会替我们加油了 |
[02:29] | It is rough sledding in there. | 在那里举步维艰 |
[02:31] | I don’t go in there anymore. | 我根本不进卫生间了 |
[02:32] | I signed up for a water aerobics class at the Y | 我在青年会报了水上有氧运动班 |
[02:34] | so I can get my body in water once a week. | 好让身体每周能泡一次水 |
[02:36] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[02:37] | And I use the Wawa bathroom down the street. | 我去街上的哇哇店上厕所 |
[02:39] | I don’t want to be this guy, but I’m worried about us. | 我也不想这么烦人 但我很替我们担心 |
[02:42] | Silence, un-silent Matt Bradley! | 闭嘴 没闭嘴的马修・布莱德利 |
[02:44] | I have an idea for how to solve all our problems. | 我有办法能解决我们所有的难题 |
[02:47] | Why am I looking at toweled morons? | 我眼前为什么有披着毛巾的白痴 |
[02:49] | Because our water’s out, so I told everyone | 因为我们停水了 所以我告诉所有人 |
[02:52] | they could use our free-flowing suburban water. | 他们可以用咱家免费流淌的都市之水 |
[02:54] | Well, here’s the deal… Get out! | 是这样的 滚出去 |
[02:57] | I knew this would happen. | 我就知道会这样 |
[02:59] | And yet you made us bike across town in the snow | 可你还是让我们冒雪骑车横跨小镇 |
[03:01] | in only robes and towels? | 还只穿着浴袍和毛巾 |
[03:02] | To our frozen bikes. | 上冻感单车 |
[03:03] | I have another surefire iffy idea. | 我还有一个打包票不确定的主意 |
[03:07] | Guess who’s auditing Art History. It’s me. | 猜猜谁开始旁听艺术史了 是我 |
[03:09] | Good for you, babe. I didn’t know you liked art history. | 你真棒 宝贝 我都不知道你喜欢艺术史 |
[03:11] | Me neither, but I was aimlessly | 我也不知道 但我当时漫无目的 |
[03:13] | wandering the campus, as I like to do on Mondays and Fridays | 在校园游荡 我每周一和周五 |
[03:15] | and the other three weekdays, | 还有周二到周四都去游荡 |
[03:17] | and I passed this lecture hall… | 我经过一间讲堂 |
[03:18] | And you got drawn in? | 然后你被吸引了 |
[03:19] | You’re ahead of the story, but yes. | 你讲的太超前了 不过是的 |
[03:20] | Now the story’s caught up to you. | 现在故事情节追上你了 |
[03:21] | Well, I’m very happy for you. | 我真替你高兴 |
[03:24] | What the hell, JTP? | 搞什么 JTP |
[03:25] | You’re supposed to knock so we can not answer. | 你们该敲门的 这样我们才能不应门 |
[03:27] | We need your shower. | 我们要用你的淋浴间 |
[03:28] | And your soap. | 还有你的香波 |
[03:29] | And your strawberry-scented conditioner. | 还有草莓味的护发素 |
[03:30] | And a lift home. I cannot ride that ice bike anymore. | 还有打车回家 我不能再骑冻感单车了 |
[03:32] | No, no, and no, dorks. | 没门 没门 没门 呆子们 |
[03:34] | Why don’t you guys shower at your place? | 你们为什么不在自己家洗澡 |
[03:35] | Because, Obvious Geoffrey, the city stopped sending us water. | 因为城市不给我们水了 显而易见的杰夫 |
[03:38] | Did you try calling so they’ll resume service? | 你试过打电话让他们恢复服务吗 |
[03:40] | No, but in fairness, there was no way to know | 没有 但公平地说 我们又不能确定 |
[03:42] | my more impractical ideas wouldn’t work. | 我那些不切实际的想法行不通 |
[03:44] | Geoff, we need your sick managerial skills. | 杰夫 我们需要你厉害的管理技能 |
[03:46] | Well, too bad, dips. | 真不巧 呆瓜们 |
[03:47] | My worldly fella is too busy auditing Art History. | 我世故的男友要忙着旁听艺术史 |
[03:50] | Auditing? Like, not for credit? | 旁听 没有学分的那种吗 |
[03:52] | Then why do it? | 那你为什么听 |
[03:53] | Because it’s totally inspiring | 因为很激励人心 |
[03:54] | to expand my horizons through the pursuit of knowledge. | 能通过对知识的追求来扩展我的视野 |
[03:56] | Since he can’t come up with a reason, | 既然他想不出理由 |
[03:58] | Geoff’s gonna focus on something that actually does matter… | 杰夫会专注于真正重要的事 |
[04:00] | Our deeply concerning living situation. | 就是我们令人非常担忧的居住境况 |
[04:02] | Like Geoff’s actually gonna… | 杰夫怎么会真的去 |
[04:04] | What the hell, dude? | 搞什么 哥们 |
[04:05] | I have time to help a little. | 我有时间帮点小忙 |
[04:06] | Smart choice, Geoff. | 聪明的选择 杰夫 |
[04:07] | Now grab some rubber gloves, knee pads, | 现在装点橡胶手套 护膝 |
[04:09] | sneakers you don’t care about, and a plunger. | 你不想要的运动鞋 皮搋子 |
[04:12] | First task is more toilet-related than not. | 第一项任务跟马桶有很大关系 |
[04:14] | While the JTP was finally getting some help, | 当JTP终于找到人帮忙时 |
[04:16] | the AV Club was about to get some very exciting news. | 影音俱乐部即将得到激动人心的消息 |
[04:19] | Listen up, AV scrubs. | 听好了 影音渣滓们 |
[04:21] | Every club has to have a faculty advisor. | 每个俱乐部必须有辅导员 |
[04:23] | Due to me losing 12 consecutive rounds of rock-paper-scissors, | 因为我连续十二次石头剪刀布都输了 |
[04:26] | I’m yours. | 我成了你们的 |
[04:27] | Anyway, as I tend to see things through a sports lens, | 总之 因为我试图从体育的角度去看一切 |
[04:31] | I’ve decided that we’re gonna have | 我决定我们要举办一届 |
[04:32] | a school-wide movie championship. | 全校电影锦标赛 |
[04:34] | You mean like a film festival? | 你是指电影节吗 |
[04:36] | I’ve been begging for one for years. | 我恳求办电影节好多年 |
[04:37] | Count Johnny Atkins in. | 强尼・阿特金斯加入 |
[04:39] | Johnny Atkins? | 强尼・阿特金斯 |
[04:40] | Since when are you in the AV Club? | 你什么时候成视听俱乐部一员了 |
[04:42] | Since they found asbestos in the detention room. | 因为他们在留堂室发现了石棉 |
[04:45] | Question, Coach Advisor. | 提问 辅导员教练 |
[04:47] | Is there a format restriction? | 影片有格式限制吗 |
[04:48] | 8 millimeter? 16 millimeter? | 8毫米 16毫米 |
[04:50] | Super 8? Super 16? | 超级8 超级16 |
[04:52] | Super annoying question! | 超级烦人的提问 |
[04:53] | Make a movie! | 拍部电影 |
[04:55] | Dealer’s choice on the format. Nice. | 格式随便选 赞 |
[04:57] | Just know I like movies about sports, war, | 你们只要记得我喜欢关于体育 战争 |
[05:00] | and lost dogs finding their way home. | 走丢的狗狗找到家的电影 |
[05:02] | Looks like Banjo’s Christmas Journey just got greenlit. | 看来《班卓的圣诞之旅》获得批准了 |
[05:05] | What can we expect from our big-time director over here? | 我们的大导演打算拍些什么 |
[05:07] | My development slate for next year is pretty full, | 我明年的开发计划已经排满了 |
[05:09] | but I can fast-track a festival darling. | 但我可以快速搞定一个参展片 |
[05:11] | He’s totally insufferable. | 他完全让人难以忍受 |
[05:13] | That’s how you know he’s the best. | 所以才能确定他是最优秀的 |
[05:14] | Although, I might take a quick do-si-do | 尽管 我可能会踏出舒适区 |
[05:16] | outside my comfort zone. | 小小舞动几步 |
[05:17] | I’ll be working in the new Super VHS. | 我要用新出的超级家用录像机 |
[05:20] | But you’ll need to buy a new camera. | 可那样你需要买新的摄像机 |
[05:21] | Silly Emmy. | 傻艾米 |
[05:23] | I’m what you call completely spoiled. | 我就是传说中那种被惯坏的孩子 |
[05:24] | Yep, my mom was always there | 没错 每次我想买东西 |
[05:26] | when I needed or wanted something, | 我妈总是支持我 |
[05:27] | and fortunately, we had a shorthand. | 幸运的是 我们还有一个速记法 |
[05:29] | – Hey, Mama… – From your tone, | -妈妈 -听你的语气 |
[05:31] | I can tell you’re gonna need more fancy and | 我就知道你想买高级东西 |
[05:33] | expensive camera equipment. | 昂贵的录像设备 |
[05:34] | From your tone, I’m getting that you’ll happily pay for it. | 听你的语气 我觉得你很愿意买单 |
[05:36] | – See, there’s… – A film festival at school? | -是这样的 -学校要办电影节 |
[05:38] | How exciting! And I know… | 太激动了 我深深地 |
[05:40] | Deep in your heart that I’m gonna win because I’m, by far… | 知道我会获胜 因为我是 |
[05:42] | The most talented boy in the world? Yes! | 世界上最有才的男孩吗 当然 |
[05:45] | – Here. I’ll give you a… – Blank check so I can… | -给 我给你一张 -空白支票 让我能 |
[05:47] | Go to the camera store and get… | 去摄影器材店 |
[05:48] | Whatever I need, no questions asked, because you… | 想买什么买什么 不必多问 因为你 |
[05:50] | Love and believe in you like… | 爱你信任你 远远超过 |
[05:51] | No mom has ever loved and believed in her son. | 世上任何母亲对儿子的爱与信任 |
[05:54] | – Thanks… – Mama. You’re… | -谢了 -妈妈 你 |
[05:55] | Welcome, my sweet forever-baby. | 不必客气 我永远的甜心小宝贝 |
[05:57] | Dude, a real relationship’s gonna be | 哥们 现实中的情感关系 |
[05:59] | very hard for you one day. | 会让你在将来十分受挫 |
[06:00] | Oh, he already has a real relationship. | 他已经有了现实中的情感关系 |
[06:02] | With me. | 跟我 |
[06:04] | We had a ceremony and everything when he was four. | 他四岁的时候 我们正式举办了仪式 |
[06:06] | Take this to the camera store and spend hard. | 带这个去摄像机店 想买什么买什么 |
[06:08] | While I was on my way to get some new equipment, | 正当我上路去买新设备时 |
[06:10] | the JTP had found someone equipped to help. | JTP找到了有设备的帮手 |
[06:13] | Okay, so, I spent the morning making some repairs. | 好了 我整个早上都在修补 |
[06:15] | I snaked the toilet… | 通了马桶的蛇形管 |
[06:16] | There was a snake stuck in there? | 马桶里堵了一条蛇 |
[06:17] | Awesome! | 太赞了 |
[06:19] | What a tale of survival. Nature is amazing. | 一个生存故事 大自然真神奇 |
[06:21] | Not an actual snake. | 不是真的蛇 |
[06:23] | And moving on. | 继续 |
[06:25] | I patched the walls, | 我补了墙 |
[06:26] | set up a house account, and paid your bills. | 建立了家庭账户 付了账单 |
[06:28] | Now all that’s left for you guys to do | 剩下的该由你们做的事 |
[06:29] | is call the gas company and set up an appointment | 是打电话给煤气公司 约上门时间 |
[06:31] | for them to turn it back on. | 让他们重新供气 |
[06:32] | Or you do it | 或者由你来做 |
[06:33] | and we’ll watch so we’ll know how to do it next time. | 我们看着 就知道下次该怎么做了 |
[06:36] | I can’t guarantee I’m gonna watch. | 我不能保证我会看着 |
[06:37] | I-It’s a big hassle, | 很麻烦的 |
[06:38] | and there’s often a lot of time on hold, so… | 通常要待机很久 所以 |
[06:40] | That’s no way to sell us on doing it, bro. | 你这样怎么可能说服我们去做 老兄 |
[06:42] | Geoffrey, as a “thank you” for the tasks you’ve done | 杰夫瑞 为了感谢你所做的 |
[06:44] | and the many that remain, | 还有接下来等着你做的 |
[06:46] | I’m gonna cede my title as house manager to you. | 我要把房屋管理员的头衔让给你 |
[06:48] | No… The house manager should be someone | 不 房屋管理员应该是 |
[06:50] | who actually lives in the house. | 实际住在房子里的人 |
[06:51] | And plus, I’m pretty busy now. | 再说 我现在很忙 |
[06:52] | It’s just, I fear it won’t get done | 我只是担心我们无法完成 |
[06:55] | and Andy’s little body won’t survive the winter. | 安迪的小身子熬不过这个冬天 |
[06:59] | Okay, fine! I’ll be your house manager! | 好吧 我是你们的房屋管理员 |
[07:00] | Atta boy! And take it from me, | 好样的 相信我的话 |
[07:02] | it’s a pretty cushy position. | 这是一个美差 |
[07:03] | The other guys give you hundreds of dollars every month. | 这些人每个月给你好几百美元 |
[07:06] | Actually, Bar, that’s for rent. | 小巴 那其实是房租 |
[07:07] | That makes more sense. | 听起来更合理 |
[07:09] | Too bad the taxidermist | 真可惜 做动物标本的人 |
[07:11] | said no refunds or exchanges. | 说不能退款或兑换 |
[07:12] | You said you found them! | 你说这是你捡的 |
[07:13] | No. I said I posed them. | 不 我说姿势是我摆的 |
[07:15] | This is gonna be a nightmare. | 这会是场噩梦 |
[07:17] | Yeah, it is. Slap me some paw. | 没错 来击个爪 |
[07:18] | While Geoff was realizing he was a pleaser, | 正当杰夫意识到他总讨好他人 |
[07:20] | I was beyond pleased to be shopping | 我正因为购买最尖端的摄影设备 |
[07:22] | for cutting-edge film technology, | 而心神荡漾 |
[07:24] | the S-VHS camera. | 超级家用录像机 |
[07:25] | Oh, my God. It’s glorious. | 我的天 太美了 |
[07:27] | Totally. But why, exactly? | 绝对的 不过具体美在哪里 |
[07:29] | According to people in the know, it’s slightly better. | 根据业内人士说 它稍微高级一点 |
[07:32] | You’ll be paying so much for so little. | 花大价钱买没什么必要的东西 |
[07:34] | I need it and don’t care what it costs my parents. | 我非买不可 我不在乎花爸妈多少钱 |
[07:36] | Excuse me? Sir? | 打扰一下 先生 |
[07:38] | Could you show me this bad mamma-jamma? | 可以给我看看这个厉害家伙吗 |
[07:39] | Be prepared to have your world nudged. | 你的世界即将地动山摇 |
[07:41] | It was my former rival, the other Adam Goldberg! | 那是我过去的劲敌 另一个亚当・金伯格 |
[07:44] | It’s you! Adam Goldberg! | 是你 亚当・金伯格 |
[07:46] | I heard you went to Hollywood. | 我听说你去了好莱坞 |
[07:47] | Technically, I was living in a town called Duarte, | 严格来讲 我住在一个叫杜瓦迪的小镇 |
[07:50] | but yeah, I chased my dreams. | 不过没错 我去追梦了 |
[07:51] | Word on the street is you had a line on The Love Boat. | 坊间传闻 你在《爱之船》里有句台词 |
[07:54] | Yep. “Which one of you ladies ordered the white wine?” | 是的 “哪位女士点的白葡萄酒” |
[07:56] | Also booked a rad McDLT spot, but… Whatever. | 还订了麦当劳汉堡广告 不过 随便吧 |
[07:59] | You were the dude who suggests | 就是你建议他们 |
[08:00] | they keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool. | 让凉的那边凉着 热的那边热着 |
[08:02] | So, what are you doing back here? | 那你怎么回这来了 |
[08:03] | Reevaluating. | 重新评估 |
[08:05] | It’s rough out there, man. | 外面的世界很艰难 伙计 |
[08:06] | My McDLT spot was seven months ago. | 我的汉堡广告已经是七个月前的事了 |
[08:08] | Since then, I haven’t exactly been | 从那以后 我就凉了 |
[08:10] | on the hot side of the burger box. | 像汉堡凉的那一边一样 |
[08:11] | But you’re crazy talented. | 可你那么有才华 |
[08:13] | I had big dreams, but the streets of Hollywood | 我有很大的梦想 但好莱坞的街道上 |
[08:15] | are littered with guys like me. | 满是我这样的垃圾 |
[08:16] | And actual litter. Place is filthy. | 还有真正的垃圾 那地方很脏 |
[08:18] | No offense, but… I’ll probably make it, right? | 无意冒犯 不过 我有可能成功对吗 |
[08:22] | You may be the best filmmaker in your dinky school, | 你或许是小学校里最棒的电影制作人 |
[08:24] | but you’d be a dime a dozen out there. | 但到了外面你就不值钱了 |
[08:25] | Goldberg! | 金伯格 |
[08:27] | Stop crushing customers’ dreams | 停止击垮顾客的梦想 |
[08:28] | and get on that rickety ladder | 爬上那个不稳的梯子 |
[08:29] | and pull down one of the heavy TVs. | 搬一台很沉的电视下来 |
[08:31] | Enjoy making your little high school movie, kid. | 祝你高中小电影拍得开心 孩子 |
[08:33] | It’s only downhill from here. | 从这以后就是下坡路了 |
[08:36] | Did you buy your recklessly expensive camera, Schmoo? | 贵得离谱的摄像机买了吗 宝贝 |
[08:39] | Actually, I’ve decided to give up filmmaking forever. | 其实 我已经决定永远放弃拍电影了 |
[08:43] | What? | 什么 |
[08:44] | But that’s your life’s ambition. | 但那是你的人生目标 |
[08:46] | Maybe I’ll be a lawyer. | 或许还是当律师吧 |
[08:48] | Or a CPA. | 或者会计 |
[08:50] | I don’t know… Bricklayer. | 我也不知道 砌墙的 |
[08:51] | Is that a real thing? | 真有那种职业吗 |
[08:53] | Manual labor? | 体力劳动 |
[08:54] | Look at me. Look at me. | 看着我 看着我 |
[08:55] | – Who did this to you? – Nobody did anything. | -谁把你怎么了 -谁也没怎么我 |
[08:58] | I just bumped into the other Adam Goldberg | 我不过是遇到了另一个亚当・金伯格 |
[09:00] | working at the camera place. | 他在摄像机店工作 |
[09:01] | Oh, feh on him! What does he know? | 他算什么 他知道什么 |
[09:03] | Only everything. | 他知道一切 |
[09:05] | He was the most talented person to ever go to our school, | 他是我们学校有史以来最有才的学生 |
[09:08] | and now he’s back here, selling cameras. | 现在他回来了 卖摄像机 |
[09:11] | If he can’t do it, I never will. | 假如他不能成功 我永远不会 |
[09:14] | Here’s your check back, Mom. | 支票还给你 妈 |
[09:18] | – This isn’t over, is it? – Nope. | -这事还没完是不是 -是 |
[09:20] | You’re gonna go destroy that poor other Adam Goldberg, | 你要去毁掉可怜的另一个亚当・金伯格 |
[09:23] | – aren’t you? – Damn right I am. | -是不是 -怎么可能不是 |
[09:26] | Why do I bother asking? | 我为什么要问 |
[09:28] | I know all the answers. | 我知道所有答案 |
[09:31] | After realizing he was too much of a pleaser, | 杰夫意识到自己总讨好人之后 |
[09:33] | Geoff sought help from the one person | 去向那个永远不会讨好任何人的人 |
[09:35] | who never pleased anyone at all. | 寻求帮助 |
[09:37] | Why are you in front of the TV, Schwartz? | 你为什么挡住电视 施瓦茨 |
[09:38] | It’s a quarter to Remington Steele. | 再过十五分钟就演《斯蒂尔传奇》了 |
[09:40] | Mr. G, I-I’m worried I’m a pleaser. | 金先生 我担心我总讨好人 |
[09:42] | Well, you’re not pleasing me right now. | 你现在可没有讨好我 |
[09:44] | Everyone always wants me to do stuff for them, | 所有人总是想让我为他们做这做那 |
[09:46] | and I don’t know how to say no. | 我不知道该怎样拒绝 |
[09:47] | Y-You never do anything for anyone. | 你从不为任何人做任何事 |
[09:49] | It’s easy. Lump. | 很简单 做个懒汉 |
[09:50] | As in just sit there and never move? | 就是坐在椅子里永远不动弹吗 |
[09:52] | Definitely. | 那当然 |
[09:54] | But also L-U-M-P. | 不过这也是个缩写 |
[09:55] | It’s my secret for not doing anything for anyone. | 这是我不为任何人做任何事的秘诀 |
[09:57] | You’re a lazy monster, and that’s what I need. | 你是个懒惰的怪物 那正是我需要的 |
[09:59] | Please, let me learn at your idle feet. | 求您 让我在您懒散的膝前学习 |
[10:01] | Okay, first up is L. | 好 首先是L |
[10:03] | Lower expectations. | 降低期待 |
[10:06] | It’s something I’ve perfected over time. | 这是我多年来逐渐完善的 |
[10:07] | Dad, can you quiz me with these science flash cards? | 爸 你能用这些科学问答卡考我吗 |
[10:10] | Ah, who am I kidding? | 我逗谁呢 |
[10:11] | In all my years, you’ve never shown interest in my education. | 我这辈子就没见过你对我的教育感兴趣 |
[10:14] | He thinks you’re a worthless dad. | 他认为你是个失败的父亲 |
[10:16] | That took a lot of not doing. | 多年什么都不做累积下来的 |
[10:17] | Next up is U. | 接下来是U |
[10:19] | When there’s no way out of something, underwhelm. | 当无法避免做某事的时候 让人失望 |
[10:22] | This is how you wash a dish? | 你就是这么洗盘子的吗 |
[10:24] | Okay, no more washing dishes for you! | 好吧 再也不让你洗盘子了 |
[10:27] | You did a horrible job, and now she’ll never ask you again. | 你做得特别糟 她再也不会吩咐你了 |
[10:29] | I’m the worst. | 我是最糟的 |
[10:31] | Next up is M, | 接下来是M |
[10:33] | which stands for “mumble” and “moron.” | 有”含糊”和”白痴”双重意思 |
[10:35] | Hey, Dad, can you show me how to change the oil in my car? | 爸 你能教我怎么给车子换机油吗 |
[10:39] | What does that even mean? | 你到底在说什么 |
[10:40] | Leave me alone, ya moron! | 别来烦我 你这白痴 |
[10:42] | So brilliant! So, what’s P? | 太天才了 P是什么意思 |
[10:45] | It’s the thing I’m most proud of. | 那是我最骄傲的 |
[10:47] | – Pants. – Pants? | -裤子 -裤子 |
[10:49] | Why do you think I come in the house and take off my pants? | 你以为我为什么一进屋就脱裤子 |
[10:52] | I assumed it had to do with comfort | 我推测跟舒适有关 |
[10:54] | and generally just giving up. | 还有放弃尊严和人生 |
[10:55] | Yes, but also, | 没错 但还因为 |
[10:57] | who’s the least likely person to be asked to do anything? | 人们最不愿意找什么样的人帮忙 |
[11:00] | Oh, my God. The guy with no pants. | 我的天 没穿裤子的人 |
[11:02] | Hey, Mur, could you give me a ride to the pharmacy… | 老默 你能不能载我去药房 |
[11:05] | Oh, he’s not even wearing pants. | 他连裤子都没穿 |
[11:08] | I’ll bus it. | 我坐巴士吧 |
[11:09] | My God. You have given me such a gift! | 我的天 你赠予我了一份大礼 |
[11:12] | It’s my life’s work. Don’t waste it. | 这是我一生的心血 别浪费了 |
[11:14] | Get out there and do as little as you can. | 出去尽可能什么都不做吧 |
[11:16] | I’m gonna do nothing and make you proud. | 我会什么都不做 让你骄傲的 |
[11:19] | With my dad’s advice, | 有了我爸的建议 |
[11:20] | Geoff was ready to be a lump of his own. | 杰夫准备好成为懒汉了 |
[11:22] | Hey, Geoff, could you run to the mailroom and get my mail for me? | 杰夫 你去收发室帮我拿邮件好吗 |
[11:25] | He lowered expectations. | 他降低了期待 |
[11:26] | Erica, when have I ever done stuff like that for you? | 爱丽卡 我什么时候帮你做过那种事 |
[11:27] | Only all the time. | 一直都做 |
[11:29] | Yeah, well, not in the last two minutes, so stop expecting it. | 我过去两分钟里没做不是吗 别指望了 |
[11:31] | He underwhelmed. | 他让人失望 |
[11:32] | Geoff, you said | 杰夫 你说过 |
[11:34] | you were going to make a chore wheel for our house. | 你会帮我们家做个杂务表 |
[11:35] | Oh, right, right. | 对了 |
[11:38] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[11:39] | Yeah, this seems less like a chore wheel | 这看起来不像杂务表 |
[11:41] | and more like a napkin with the words “Andy” and “mop.” | 不过是写着”安迪”和”拖把”的餐巾纸 |
[11:44] | That’s how Geoff do? | 杰夫就是这个水准 |
[11:46] | Unacceptable, Geoff! | 无法接受 杰夫 |
[11:47] | Your chore-wheel-making privileges are revoked. | 你制作杂务表的特权被撤销了 |
[11:49] | And you need to come over. | 你得去我们家 |
[11:51] | Our clean-up skills are not strong. | 我们的清洁技能不够强 |
[11:52] | I spilled a lot of Kool-Aid. | 我撒了好多汽水 |
[11:53] | Whatever you picture a lot is, like, way more. | 无论你想象了多少 想象更多 |
[11:56] | He mumbled and he moron-ed. | 他含糊之后叫白痴 |
[11:59] | – What? – And also leave me alone, morons! | -什么 -别来烦我 白痴们 |
[12:02] | Super un-Geoff of you, man. | 这可不是杰夫的作风 伙计 |
[12:04] | Are you going to get my mail or not? | 你到底帮不帮我拿邮件 |
[12:06] | Finally, it was time for the pants. | 终于 到了脱裤子的时候 |
[12:08] | It’s about time he’s swinging into action. | 他终于要放手去做了 |
[12:12] | – What? – No! | -什么 -不 |
[12:13] | – Bad Geoff! – He’s not wearing pants. | -坏杰夫 -他连裤子都没穿 |
[12:15] | Dude’s clearly not going anywhere. | 这哥们显然哪都不会去 |
[12:16] | Okay, let’s go, guys. | 好吧 伙计们 我们走 |
[12:17] | Maybe there’s a panted savior that can help us. | 或许会有位穿裤子的英雄拯救我们 |
[12:20] | Holy crap. | 我的天 |
[12:21] | My pants are on the floor, | 我的裤子扔在地上 |
[12:22] | and my spirits are through the roof. | 高涨的精神却穿透了屋顶 |
[12:24] | While Geoff was trying to be like my dad, | 正当杰夫努力做我爸时 |
[12:26] | my mom was busy being… Well, like my mom. | 我妈正忙着 做我妈 |
[12:28] | Can I answer any questions for you, ma’am? | 有什么问题需要帮助吗 女士 |
[12:30] | Oh, just one. | 只有一个 |
[12:31] | Uh, who the xxxx do you think you are? | 你他妈以为自己是哪根葱 |
[12:33] | This is a family-friendly audio-video store. | 这里是合家欢影音店 |
[12:36] | Except for that section over behind the saloon doors. | 除了大厅门后面那个区域 |
[12:38] | You spoke to my son, also Adam Goldberg, | 你和我儿子亚当・金伯格聊过 |
[12:41] | and snuffed out his perfect little-boy dreams. | 将他完美小男孩的梦想掐灭了 |
[12:43] | Look, lady, I just call ’em like I see ’em. | 女士 我不过是阐述事实 |
[12:45] | It’s tough to make it in the movies. | 想在电影界成功非常艰难 |
[12:47] | Oh, for you, maybe. | 或许对你来说很难 |
[12:48] | But not for my little Stanley Schmoo-brick. | 但对我的宝贝大导演来说不是 |
[12:50] | Well, that gives me a sense of what I’m dealing with here. | 我大致感觉到你是怎样的人了 |
[12:52] | Next time, I won’t burst the little bubble you keep him in. | 下次 我不会戳破你用来保护他的泡泡 |
[12:55] | No next time. This time. | 不必下次 就这次 |
[12:56] | You are gonna fix this. | 你要弥补 |
[12:58] | – And how am I gonna do that? – Simple. | -我能怎么办 -很简单 |
[12:59] | I’m casting you in the role of a lifetime, | 我选你演这辈子最重要的角色 |
[13:01] | as “guy who gets his big break.” | “一个等到出头之日的人” |
[13:03] | Sorry, but I kinda put acting on hold. | 抱歉 但我目前不想接戏了 |
[13:05] | Well, take it off hold. The pay’s $50. | 重新接起来 我付你五十美元 |
[13:08] | Well, I suppose I could throw in, | 或许我还可以附加 |
[13:10] | uh, me not coming down here every day | 我不会每天过来 |
[13:12] | and making your life miserable. | 让你的生活生不如死 |
[13:13] | All right, I’m on the project. | 好吧 我参演 |
[13:15] | Now that my mom had her cast, | 现在我妈选好了角 |
[13:17] | all that remained was the performance. | 只剩下表演了 |
[13:19] | Hello and welcome. | 你好 欢迎 |
[13:21] | Hey, Adam, did you leave this | 亚当 是不是你 |
[13:22] | Philadelphia Inquirer Metro section at the store the other day? | 那天把《费城调查报》都市版落在商店了 |
[13:24] | Nope. Sorry. | 不是 抱歉 |
[13:27] | Well, I better figure out whose it is soon, | 我最好尽快搞清楚是谁的 |
[13:28] | ’cause I gotta catch a flight to Hollywood, California, | 因为我要飞去加州好莱坞 |
[13:30] | moviemaking capital of the world. | 世界的电影制作之都 |
[13:32] | But I thought you were reevaluating your career choice. | 可我以为你要重新评估职业规划 |
[13:34] | I was, but then I got some amazing news. | 原本是的 但后来我得到了好消息 |
[13:36] | See, my, uh, ex-roommate’s cousin’s neighbor | 我前室友的亲戚的邻居 |
[13:38] | is friends with Brian De Palma’s agent’s assistant, | 是布赖恩?迪帕尔马的经纪公司助理 |
[13:40] | and slipped him my McDLT commercial. | 给他放了我的汉堡广告 |
[13:42] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[13:43] | But, wait, there’s more. I’d imagine. | 不过等等 还有更多 我猜的 |
[13:45] | The assistant got it to the agent, | 助理带去经纪公司 |
[13:47] | who got it to De Palma, who liked what he saw | 放给布赖恩?迪帕尔马 他觉得我很不错 |
[13:48] | and cast me in his new Molly Ringwald picture. | 让我和莫利・林沃德演他的下一部电影 |
[13:50] | Holy balls! | 苍天大地啊 |
[13:52] | America’s angsty ginger princess! | 焦躁的美国红发公主 |
[13:54] | And I bet that could lead to other things. | 这肯定会带来其他机会 |
[13:56] | No truer words have ever been spoken. | 再没有比这更真的话了 |
[13:58] | Well, good luck on | 祝你好运 |
[13:59] | one of the easiest careers you could ever choose. | 这是你能选的最轻松的事业 |
[14:00] | And, uh, call me. We’ll split a salad at Spago. | 保持联系 我们分着吃高级餐厅沙拉 |
[14:02] | Doesn’t sound like enough food, but I’m in! | 听起来吃不饱 但我去 |
[14:07] | I mean, just, wow. | 太惊人了 |
[14:08] | If something so random and amazing could happen to him, | 这么好的机会随便就能落在他头上 |
[14:11] | I bet there’s hope for you, too, huh? | 我打赌你也有希望 对吗 |
[14:13] | You know it! I’m back in the festival. | 那还用说 我要重新参加电影节 |
[14:16] | See ya, babe. Have your people call my people. | 再见 宝贝 叫你助理联系我助理 |
[14:18] | While my movie dreams were back on track, | 正当我的电影梦回到正轨时 |
[14:20] | the JTP was trying to keep the train from derailing without Geoff. | JTP正努力不靠杰夫 不让火车脱轨 |
[14:23] | So… Cold! | 太冷了 |
[14:25] | Whose turn is it to sweep? | 该谁扫地了 |
[14:26] | I don’t know, but according to Geoff’s chore napkin, | 我不知道 不过杰夫的杂务餐巾纸写着 |
[14:29] | it’s Andy’s turn to mop again. | 该轮到安迪拖地了 |
[14:30] | Come on! I’m never not mopping! | 拜托 我一直拖个没完 |
[14:32] | Get me the phone. I’m calling Geoff. | 电话给我 我要打给杰夫 |
[14:33] | Sorry, Tasty, but our phone’s out, too. | 抱歉 甜甜 电话也停机了 |
[14:35] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[14:37] | It’s getting harder and harder to root for us. | 越来越不想替我们加油了 |
[14:41] | Uh, did anyone else hear what sounds like | 有没有人听到什么声音 |
[14:42] | the bursting of old metal followed by rushing water? | 像是旧金属爆裂 水冲出来的声音 |
[14:46] | Oh, no! Oh, no! | 不 不 |
[14:48] | Geoff had sent a clear message | 杰夫的信息很明确 |
[14:49] | that he was no longer helping anyone, | 他不再帮助任何人了 |
[14:51] | but that message hadn’t gotten through. | 但人们还没有明白他的意思 |
[14:53] | In Egypt, a great deal of art was created | 在埃及 大量的艺术品 |
[14:56] | – to honor the pharaoh. – Geoff! | -都是为了纪念法老 -杰夫 |
[14:58] | Did you buy peanut butter? | 你买花生酱了吗 |
[14:59] | What? I’m in class. | 什么 我在上课 |
[15:00] | Yeah, but just, like, a quick yes or no, | 是的 不过说句买没买就行 |
[15:01] | ’cause I’m walking past the Wawa and I got chunky on the mind. | 因为我路过哇哇店 想吃脆花生酱 |
[15:04] | Yes. | 买 |
[15:05] | Okay, great. | 太好了 |
[15:07] | Wait, yes, you bought it or yes, we need it? | 等等 买是已经买了还是我们该买 |
[15:09] | Yes, we have stupid peanut butter! | 买了 破花生酱已经买了 |
[15:12] | Don’t mind me. | 别介意我 |
[15:13] | Just a PB emergency. | 不过是花生酱紧急事件 |
[15:15] | Go back to your super important art talk. | 继续聊很重要的艺术史吧 |
[15:17] | Geoffrey Antoinette Schwartz! | 杰夫・安托瓦内特・施瓦茨 |
[15:19] | – Oh, God. – Dumbwads, he is in class! | -老天 -傻蛋们 他在上课 |
[15:22] | Your stupid thing can wait. | 你们的傻事等等再说 |
[15:23] | What kind of jam do I like? | 我喜欢哪种果酱 |
[15:24] | Yeah, but it’s super urgent. | 但我们很紧急 |
[15:26] | There’s water everywhere, and we don’t know what to do! | 到处都是水 我们不知道该怎么办 |
[15:28] | And you are the house manager. | 你是房屋管理员 |
[15:29] | Oh, my God! Enough! | 我的天 够了 |
[15:31] | I am so sorry, Professor. | 我太抱歉了 教授 |
[15:32] | My girlfriend and friends can’t stop taking advantage of me. | 我女友和朋友们不能停止占我便宜 |
[15:34] | We’re not taking advantage of you. | 我们没有占你便宜 |
[15:36] | You just are really good at doing things. | 你只是很擅长做事 |
[15:38] | No! You’re all just too lazy and selfish | 不 是你们都太懒太自私 |
[15:40] | to do anything on your own! | 不愿意自己做任何事 |
[15:41] | And it was bad enough when I had nothing going on, | 我无事可做时这样已经够糟了 |
[15:43] | but now I found something I actually like, | 但现在我找到了真正喜欢的事 |
[15:45] | and you ruined it for me, so thanks a lot. | 你们却毁了它 真是多谢了 |
[15:50] | – Antoinette? – That sounds wrong, bro. | -安托瓦内特 -听起来不太对 老兄 |
[15:52] | Now that I say it out loud, it might be Todd. | 大声说出口我才发觉 好像应该是陶德 |
[15:55] | While Geoff had finally reached his breaking point, | 正当杰夫终于大爆发时 |
[15:57] | I was back in pursuit of my big break. | 我则继续追求大梦想 |
[15:59] | One brand-new S-VHS camera, please. | 一台崭新的超级家用录像机 谢谢 |
[16:01] | Wait. I thought you went back to L.A. | 等等 你不是回洛杉矶了吗 |
[16:03] | Yeah, that’s, uh… That’s next week. | 是的 下周再去 |
[16:05] | So, you gonna quit this job? | 那你要辞掉这份工作吗 |
[16:07] | – What? You’re quitting, Goldberg? – No! | -什么 你要辞职吗 金伯格 -不是 |
[16:09] | But how can you have a Hollywood career and still work here? | 但你怎能同时拥有好莱坞事业和这份工作 |
[16:12] | I’ll commute to both things. | 我通勤一起上 |
[16:14] | I mean, the studio has a jet. | 工作室有私人飞机 |
[16:16] | It’s in my deal I can still sell cameras and whatnot. | 我合同里写了还能继续卖摄像机什么的 |
[16:18] | That makes no sense. What’s going on? | 根本说不通 到底是怎么回事 |
[16:21] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[16:22] | You paid him to lie to me? | 你雇他来骗我 |
[16:24] | Here’s the truth… | 事实是这样的 |
[16:25] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[16:27] | Just tell the boy. | 跟他说真话 |
[16:28] | Here’s the truth… | 事实是这样的 |
[16:29] | 100% yes. | 百分百是真的 |
[16:31] | What the hell, lady? | 搞什么 女士 |
[16:32] | You stopped believing in yourself. | 你不再相信自己了 |
[16:34] | I had to do something. | 我必须采取行动 |
[16:35] | Don’t you get it? | 你不明白吗 |
[16:36] | If he can’t make it in Hollywood, | 假如他在好莱坞不能成功 |
[16:38] | I don’t have a prayer. | 我也毫无希望 |
[16:40] | And no lies are gonna change that. | 没有谎言能改变那点 |
[16:42] | I’m done. | 我放弃了 |
[16:50] | I had given up on filmmaking for good | 我永远放弃了拍电影 |
[16:52] | and dropped out of the festival, | 我退出了电影节 |
[16:54] | which is probably why this happened. | 或许因为我退出 发生了这种事 |
[16:55] | Looks like we got a new movie champ. | 看来我们有了新的电影冠军 |
[16:57] | You left it all on the screen, Atkins. | 你在银幕上毫无保留 阿特金斯 |
[17:01] | Looks like I’m the school movie nerd now, Goldnerd. | 看来现在我才是电影呆子了 金呆格 |
[17:03] | Oh, no. I’m a nerd. | 不 我成呆子了 |
[17:05] | The ultimate twist. | 终极大反转 |
[17:07] | And that concludes the last annual WPA Movie Championship. | 最后一届年度全校电影锦标赛到此结束 |
[17:13] | Actually… I have one more entrant. | 事实上 我还有一部参展片 |
[17:15] | Oh, no! No way! You’ve done enough! | 不 不可能 你做得够多了 |
[17:18] | Sorry, clock ran out. | 抱歉 没时间了 |
[17:20] | That’s what next season’s for. | 留着下一季播吧 |
[17:21] | Oh, I don’t care. The dumb festival can be over. | 我不在乎 破电影节结束也无所谓 |
[17:24] | This is just for my son. | 我只想放给我儿子看 |
[17:26] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[17:27] | Do what you gotta do. | 做你该做的 |
[17:28] | In that moment, my mom did something | 在那一刻 我妈所做的 |
[17:30] | I never could have imagined. | 是我永远无法想象的 |
[17:33] | Stop videotaping! | 别再拍了 |
[17:36] | She gave me a highlight reel of every movie I’d ever made. | 她放了我拍过的所有录像的集锦 |
[17:40] | That’s the end of you, Optimus! | 你的末日到了 擎天柱 |
[17:42] | I literally cannot die! | 我根本死不了 |
[17:45] | – Bow before Princess Leia! – Never! | -对莱娅公主鞠躬 -永不 |
[17:48] | Death grip! | 死亡之握 |
[17:49] | I’m your father! | 我是你父亲 |
[17:50] | No. That’s not true! | 不 那不是真的 |
[17:54] | Maybe they weren’t all award-winners, | 或许有些作品根本不会得奖 |
[17:56] | but thanks to her, I realized making movies | 但多亏了她 我意识到拍电影 |
[17:59] | wasn’t about succeeding in Hollywood. | 并不是为了在好莱坞成功 |
[18:01] | It was about creating something special | 是为了跟我爱的人一起 |
[18:03] | with the people I loved. | 创造特殊的东西 |
[18:05] | And if I could do that for the rest of my life, | 假如我能余生都做这些事 |
[18:08] | I’d be living the dream. | 我已经实现了梦想 |
[18:10] | No! | 不 |
[18:15] | This is amazing. | 这太棒了 |
[18:18] | It’s all you. | 都是你拍的 |
[18:21] | Schmoo, I’m sorry I shielded you from the truth. | 宝贝 抱歉我没让你接触现实 |
[18:25] | These movies remind me that you are joyful and creative | 这些电影提醒我 你充满快乐和创造力 |
[18:29] | and one of a kind. | 你是独一无二的 |
[18:32] | And if you never give up… | 只要你永不放弃 |
[18:36] | I just know you’re gonna make it. | 我知道你会成功 |
[18:41] | Just then, | 那一刻 |
[18:42] | I realized there are worse things in the world | 我意识到世上有人认为你是最棒的 |
[18:44] | than someone who thinks you’re the best. | 根本不是什么坏事 |
[18:46] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[18:47] | I got your message about an emergency. | 我收到信息说有紧急情况 |
[18:48] | – It’s a friend emergency. – And boyfriend. | -是友谊紧急情况 -还有男友 |
[18:51] | Oh, my God. Did someone break in here and clean the place? | 我的天 有人闯进来打扫卫生了吗 |
[18:53] | No. You were right. | 不 你是对的 |
[18:55] | We were being lazy and selfish. | 我们又懒又自私 |
[18:56] | Look. | 看 |
[18:59] | Chore wheel. | 杂务表 |
[19:00] | Also, we realized we’ve been pretty rotten to you, | 我们还意识到我们一直对你很不好 |
[19:03] | and we want to make it right. | 我们想弥补 |
[19:07] | A Penn college course guide? | 宾州大课程指南 |
[19:08] | We know how much you loved auditing that class. | 我们知道你很喜欢旁听那个科目 |
[19:10] | You should do more of it. | 你该继续学习 |
[19:12] | Yeah. You’ve always been there to support us. | 是的 你总是在一旁支持我们 |
[19:15] | Now it’s time for us to support you for a change. | 现在该轮到我们支持你了 |
[19:19] | Guys, thanks. This is amazing. | 大伙 谢谢 这太棒了 |
[19:21] | No, Geoff. You’re amazing. | 不 杰夫 是你太棒了 |
[19:24] | Sometimes, | 有时 |
[19:25] | we end up taking advantage of the people we love, | 我们会不经意占挚爱的便宜 |
[19:28] | or even people we barely know. | 甚至是根本不怎么熟悉的人 |
[19:32] | Come to cast me in more of your family drama? | 又来选我演家庭狗血戏吗 |
[19:35] | I’m actually here to say thank you. | 其实我是来谢谢你的 |
[19:36] | For what? | 谢什么 |
[19:37] | I was looking at it all wrong. | 我看这件事的角度是错的 |
[19:40] | I let your story intimidate me | 我让你的故事吓到我 |
[19:41] | when I should’ve been inspired by it. | 但这故事应该激励我 |
[19:43] | You’re proof that guys like us from dinky Jenkintown | 你证明了我们这样从小小珍金镇出去的人 |
[19:46] | can make it. | 也能成功 |
[19:47] | I’d hardly say I made it. | 我哪算成功 |
[19:50] | But you’re gonna. | 但你会成功的 |
[19:51] | With your skills? | 你这么有才华 |
[19:52] | You were pretty convincing as | “一个等到出头之日的人” |
[19:53] | “guy who just got a big break.” | 你演得很可信 |
[19:55] | Did you notice that thing where I shook my head | 你注意到我一直摇头 |
[19:56] | like I still couldn’t believe it? | 好像我还无法相信吗 |
[19:57] | I believed that you couldn’t believe it. | 我信了你无法相信 |
[19:59] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[20:01] | Maybe I will give it another shot. | 或许我会再试试看 |
[20:02] | You better. And who knows? | 最好是 谁知道呢 |
[20:04] | Maybe Hollywood’s big enough for two Adam Goldbergs. | 或许好莱坞大到能容下两个亚当・金伯格 |
[20:08] | But no matter how far over the line we go, | 但是不管我们有多过分 |
[20:11] | the people we care about will always welcome us back. | 我们在乎的人 永远会欢迎我们回来 |
[20:14] | So, what are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[20:15] | Well, this year, I followed the Dead, | 今年我追随了感恩而死 |
[20:17] | I started a failed business, | 我创业失败 |
[20:19] | and I did a whole lot of nothing. | 还一直无所事事 |
[20:21] | I think it’s time I actually apply to college. | 我想我真的该申请大学了 |
[20:23] | For real? | 真的吗 |
[20:25] | For real. | 真的 |
[20:28] | And whether it’s the big moments of our lives | 无论是人生中的重大时刻 |
[20:31] | or just the decisions that lead to those moments, | 或是引领我们走向重大时刻的决定 |
[20:33] | as long as you have people who love and support you, | 只要你有爱你支持你的人 |
[20:35] | there’s a good change your dreams will come true. | 你的梦想就很可能成功 |
[20:45] | But this would be the start of more. | 但事件才刚刚开始 |
[20:46] | A lot more. | 还会有许多波折 |
[20:50] | It was a phone call for me. | 有人给我打了通电话 |
[20:52] | The first phone call all summer, | 那是整个夏天的第一通电话 |
[20:54] | because phones were new. | 因为电话刚刚普及 |
[20:57] | Okay, today, I’m gonna walk you through my process | 好了 今天我要带大家回顾创作过程 |
[21:01] | with a little director’s commentary. | 附带导演评论 |
[21:04] | I’m Banjo the Dog. | 我是小狗班卓 |
[21:06] | And I’ve gotta find my way home before Christmas! | 我必须在圣诞节前找到回家的路 |
[21:08] | Here’s an interesting tidbit… | 有个有趣的小花边 |
[21:10] | That’s my voice, not a dog’s. | 这是我的声音 不是狗的 |
[21:12] | Movie magic. Am I right? | 电影魔法 对吧 |
[21:13] | These woods look familiar. | 那些树看起来好眼熟 |
[21:15] | I think I’m getting closer to home. | 我觉得我快到家了 |
[21:18] | Keep going, Banjo! | 继续跑 班卓 |
[21:19] | You’re almost there! | 你就快到家了 |
[21:20] | I made it! That was ruff! | 我到家了 这一路真不容易 |
[21:24] | Fun fact… Banjo’s real name is Jimbo. | 有趣的是 班卓的本名叫吉宝 |