时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the ’80s, before Kickstarter, | 在八十年代 还没有众筹 |
[00:02] | the best way to raise money for charity was telethons. | 想为公益募捐的最好方法是电视马拉松 |
[00:06] | These marathon sessions of entertainment had it all — | 这种马拉松式节目应有尽有 |
[00:08] | from top-tier talent to tuxedoed hosts. | 从顶级艺人到穿燕尾服的主持人 |
[00:11] | So when Erica’s friend Ren | 所以当爱丽卡的朋友小伦 |
[00:13] | decided she wanted to raise money for Earth Day, | 决定她想帮地球日募捐时 |
[00:15] | she knew exactly how. | 她知道自己该怎么做 |
[00:17] | This dog ballerina is transcendent! | 这只狗狗跳芭女伶太厉害了 |
[00:19] | My mom still can’t get Rugby to pee outside. | 我妈至今都不能让球球去外面尿尿 |
[00:21] | Damn. How long can she stand up on her paws like that? | 见鬼了 它能踮着爪站多久 |
[00:24] | Well, considering I have to fill another 36 hours of this telethon, | 考虑到我还要填满36小时的电视马拉松 |
[00:27] | I’m hoping 19 hours. | 它最好还能站19小时 |
[00:28] | And they’re done. So, what’s next? | 他们表演完了 接下来是什么 |
[00:30] | I don’t know, Geoff. | 我不知道 杰夫 |
[00:31] | Do you have any special talent besides asking stupid questions? | 除了问蠢问题你还有什么特殊才艺吗 |
[00:33] | Well, I guess I’m easily hurt by insults. | 别人的攻击特别容易伤到我算吗 |
[00:35] | So that’s a no. Thank you for your help. | 那就是没有 多谢你帮忙 |
[00:37] | Ren seems pretty stressed about the whole Earth Day thing. | 看来地球日这个活动让小伦压力很大 |
[00:39] | She shouldn’t be. | 她不必这样的 |
[00:40] | ‘Cause Barry’s here, and the environment is clear! | 因为有巴瑞在 污染不再 |
[00:42] | That literally makes no sense. | 这话根本毫无逻辑 |
[00:44] | Plus, it’s well-established that you are no friend of this planet. | 再说 众所周知你不爱护环境 |
[00:46] | I saw you huck a Mountain Dew bottle into the woods. | 我见过你把汽水瓶丢进树林 |
[00:48] | Which then became a beaver’s tool or weapon! | 它能变成海狸的工具或武器 |
[00:51] | Are you on the beaver’s side or not?! | 你到底想不想帮助海狸 |
[00:53] | Who’s the beaver’s enemy? | 海狸的天敌是谁 |
[00:54] | Chipmunks. Wolves. Coyotes. | 花栗鼠 狼 土狼 |
[00:56] | Foxes. Gators. Bigger beavers. | 狐狸 鳄鱼 更大的海狸 |
[00:58] | Just tell me why you’re doing this. | 告诉我你为什么来添乱 |
[00:59] | To win Ren’s heart. | 为了赢得小伦的心 |
[01:00] | And all the other good parts. | 还有她身上其他美好的部分 |
[01:02] | How many times do I have to say this? | 要我告诉你多少遍 |
[01:04] | Just stay away from my friends! | 不准碰我的朋友 |
[01:05] | Tell them to stay away from me! | 你倒是告诉她们别来招惹我 |
[01:07] | – She kissed me twice! – On spring break! | -她吻了我两次 -那是春假 |
[01:10] | That is the one time a year | 每年一度的春假 |
[01:11] | that you are allowed to make horrible mistakes | 正是人们做傻事还能被原谅的时候 |
[01:13] | because of heatstroke and slushy rum drinks. | 因为中暑和兑了酒的沙冰 |
[01:15] | We connected. | 我们有了感情的碰撞 |
[01:16] | Then our lips connected! | 然后我们的嘴唇也有了碰撞 |
[01:18] | We’re obviously meant to be. | 我们显然是命中注定 |
[01:19] | Have you guys even spoken since those kisses? | 你们在接吻后说过话吗 |
[01:21] | Not with words, | 没有语言交流 |
[01:22] | but with fleeting looks and playful smiles. | 但有短暂一瞥和挑逗的微笑 |
[01:24] | – So no. – Amazing news! | -那就是没有 -天大的好消息 |
[01:26] | I got Ed Begley Jr. | 我请到了小埃德・贝格利 |
[01:27] | Dr. Victor Ehrlich | NBC的医疗剧 |
[01:28] | from the NBC medical drama “St. Elsewhere”?! | 《波城杏话》里的维克多・埃利希博士 |
[01:30] | I guess. He’s also a well-known environmentalist and oddball. | 好像是 他还是出名的环保主义者和怪人 |
[01:33] | He’s bringing his recumbent bike! | 他会带着卧式自行车登台 |
[01:34] | Big deal. I can do a wheelie on a ten-speed. | 有什么了不起 我能用十速自行车做特技 |
[01:36] | Okay, I’ve locked down another hour, | 好了 我又安排上一小时的节目 |
[01:37] | and I’ve only got 30 more to go. | 只差30小时了 |
[01:39] | – Seems like a lot. – So much. I’m in real trouble. | -听起来很多 -太多了 我麻烦大了 |
[01:41] | But Ed Begley Jr.! | 但小埃德・贝格利要来 |
[01:42] | Am I crazy, or do good things happen when we’re together? | 是我疯了 还是咱俩在一起就有好事发生 |
[01:45] | Let’s celebrate with a soulful, lingering hug. | 让我们用充满感情的超长拥抱庆祝 |
[01:46] | Or a platonic group one. | 或是柏拉图式的集体拥抱 |
[01:48] | Yes! My family did one every morning before school | 好棒 每天上学前我家人都这么拥抱 |
[01:50] | to kick-start my day. | 来开启我的一天 |
[01:51] | – What?! – ?I got to go. | -什么 -我得走了 |
[01:52] | No, this warm body wasn’t meant for you! | 不 这具温暖的身子不是你该享用的 |
[01:54] | Get off me! | 快放开我 |
[02:08] | It was April 22nd, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的四月二十二日 |
[02:10] | and my dad and Bill were enjoying | 我爸和比尔正在享受 |
[02:12] | the two things they loved most — | 他们最爱的两件事 |
[02:13] | sports and chicken. | 体育和鸡肉 |
[02:15] | Another chicken wing, Bill? | 再来个鸡翅吗 比尔 |
[02:16] | Mur, I am stuffed to the gills. | 老默 我一点也吃不下了 |
[02:19] | But I can’t say no. | 但我无法拒绝 |
[02:20] | Eating from a helmet is just too fun. | 吃头盔里的食物太有趣了 |
[02:22] | Yeah, it is. It’s almost like you’re in the game. | 是啊 几乎像我们参加了比赛一样 |
[02:25] | What game? | 什么比赛 |
[02:26] | All you two do is sit around | 你们俩永远只会坐着 |
[02:27] | and get ranch dressing inside the remote. | 弄得遥控器里都是沙拉酱 |
[02:29] | Spicy drumstick? | 要辣鸡腿吗 |
[02:31] | Have you guys ever had a real conversation? | 你们俩正经聊过天吗 |
[02:33] | You’re supposed to be best friends. | 你们本该是最好的朋友 |
[02:34] | Best friends who don’t yakety-yak | 最好的朋友不会闲扯 |
[02:36] | and try and get below the surface. | 也不会试图深度了解彼此 |
[02:38] | – Spicy drumstick? – ?Fine. | -要辣鸡腿吗 -好吧 |
[02:41] | Get a load of these two lovebirds. | 快看这些小情侣 |
[02:43] | One stick of chewing gum, | 吃一片口香糖 |
[02:44] | and they’re out on a lake and having fun. | 他们就跑到湖上玩耍起来了 |
[02:46] | Twins creep me out. | 双胞胎让我觉得�}得慌 |
[02:47] | It’s not what God intended, | 那不是上帝的本意 |
[02:48] | but it’s nice that they found each other. | 但他们能遇到彼此还是挺不错的 |
[02:50] | Heck, I’m thinking it might be time | 我在想我或许是时候 |
[02:52] | for me to find someone myself. | 也去给自己找个伴了 |
[02:54] | Bill, did I hear you right? | 比尔 我没听错吧 |
[02:55] | Are you really ready to be set up? | 你真的想相亲吗 |
[02:57] | Where did you come from? | 你从哪冒出来的 |
[02:58] | I didn’t even know you were in the house. | 我根本不知道你在家 |
[02:59] | I suppose it might be time to jump back on the old horse. | 我想或许是时候重新跳上那匹老马了 |
[03:02] | As long as the horse is a lady and not too broken-down. | 只要那匹老马是位有点精神头的女士 |
[03:05] | This is the best news! | 没有比这更好的事了 |
[03:07] | Oh, you’re finally over your wife, | 你终于放下了你妻子 |
[03:08] | and your heart is open to love. | 你的心为爱敞开 |
[03:10] | Sure, it’s that. | 当然是这样 |
[03:11] | And recently, my appendix broke | 另外最近我阑尾烂了 |
[03:12] | and I couldn’t find anyone to take me to the hospital | 我都找不到人送我去医院 |
[03:14] | for three days. | 整整三天啊 |
[03:15] | You know you can call. | 你知道你可以打电话叫车的 |
[03:16] | I don’t like to bother. | 我不想给人添麻烦 |
[03:18] | Your remarkable tale of survival | 你惊人的幸存故事 |
[03:20] | is gonna have a happy ending | 会有圆满结局 |
[03:21] | because Beverly Goldberg is on the case, | 因为贝弗莉・金伯格接手了 |
[03:23] | and my Yenta-dex is ready to find you love. | 我的长舌妇花名册会帮你找到爱情 |
[03:26] | Let’s do it. | 我们开始吧 |
[03:27] | It’s time for Bill to flex his love muscle. | 比尔该锻炼下爱爱肌肉了 |
[03:29] | Oh, I’m sorry. That was unnecessarily visual. | 对不起 我不该说得这么生动 |
[03:32] | And so my mom went to work. | 于是我妈开工了 |
[03:34] | Great news, Bill. | 好消息 比尔 |
[03:35] | Female loneliness is at an all-time high. | 孤独女性的数量达到了历史新高 |
[03:38] | Oh xxxxxxx no. | 我日 不是吧 |
[03:39] | It was Jane Bales — | 简・贝尔斯 |
[03:40] | the only Yenta in town Yenta enough | 镇上唯一足够长舌妇的长舌妇 |
[03:42] | to go toe-to-toe with my Yenta mom. | 敢跟我的长舌妇老妈硬碰硬 |
[03:44] | Hello, Beverly. | 你好啊 贝弗莉 |
[03:46] | Bill, please tell me | 比尔 求你告诉我 |
[03:47] | you’re not so desperate for human companionship | 你不是想找个伴想疯了 |
[03:49] | that you’d hitch your cart to this old pack mule. | 把你的货车套在这老驴身上了 |
[03:52] | We’re not romantically entwined. | 我们不是恋爱关系 |
[03:53] | Jane’s here to help set me up, too. | 简也是来帮我相亲的 |
[03:54] | – What’s that, now? – Word travels fast | -你说什么 -消息传得很快 |
[03:56] | when you harass every available lady in Montgomery County. | 蒙哥马利郡所有女人都被你骚扰过了 |
[03:59] | I figured the more Yentas, the merrier. | 我想长舌妇越多越好 |
[04:01] | You figured wrong. | 你想错了 |
[04:02] | Jane couldn’t set up mac with cheese. | 简连饺子皮和饺子馅都配不到一起去 |
[04:04] | I put cornflakes and lobster in mine, | 我会在里面放玉米脆和龙虾 |
[04:06] | and it’ll make your tongue cry. | 好吃得你舌头痛哭流涕 |
[04:08] | Ever set up a rabbi with a geisha? | 你能把犹太拉比和艺妓配到一起吗 |
[04:09] | I have. Twice. | 我成功过两次 |
[04:11] | Once, I set up a man in a wheelchair | 有次 我把一个坐轮椅的男人 |
[04:12] | with the woman who ran him down. | 跟开车撞他的女人配到了一起 |
[04:14] | I was once attacked by a mountain man on a hike | 我某次登山时被山地人袭击 |
[04:16] | who spoke only in grunts. | 他只会咕哝 |
[04:17] | After I got to safety, | 等我脱险后 |
[04:18] | I set him up with a patent attorney from Boston. | 我把他跟波士顿的专利律师配到一起 |
[04:21] | That’s how good I am. | 我就是那么厉害 |
[04:23] | – Maybe work together? – Opposite! | -或许你们能合作 -正相反 |
[04:24] | We are gonna go toe-to-toe | 我们要硬碰硬 |
[04:26] | in a no-holds-barred Yenta cage match. | 展开无下限的长舌妇困兽斗 |
[04:28] | Winner take all! | 赢家通吃 |
[04:29] | A classic Yenta-Off. I’m in. | 经典的长舌妇对决 我加入 |
[04:31] | I just wanted someone to eat a meal with, but okay. | 我只是想吃饭时有个伴 但好吧 |
[04:33] | Let’s do this thing where you go to lady war. | 搞你们这个女士战争吧 |
[04:35] | As my mom and Jane were matchmaking, | 正当我妈和简开始配对时 |
[04:37] | Barry was trying to forge a match of his own. | 巴瑞正试图强行给自己配对 |
[04:39] | It’s super simple. | 超级简单 |
[04:41] | All you have to do is take down their name, info, | 你只需要记下他们的名字 信息 |
[04:44] | and how much they’d like to pledge. | 以及他们想捐多少钱 |
[04:45] | And don’t forget the “please” and “thank you.” | 别忘了说”请”和”谢谢” |
[04:46] | Also, I like to add a little “whoo-whoo-whoo!” | 另外 假如他们捐50以上 |
[04:48] | if they pledge more than $50. | 我喜欢欢呼一声 |
[04:50] | I got this. | 我能行 |
[04:52] | Go for Barry. | 我是巴瑞 |
[04:53] | Yes, this is Earth Day Headquarters. Who’s this? | 是的 这是地球日募捐总部 您哪位 |
[04:56] | Myron? | 麦仁 |
[04:56] | That’s a brutal name. Do your parents hate you? | 名字太难听了 你父母恨你吗 |
[04:59] | Also, please and thank you. | 另外 请和谢谢 |
[05:01] | Hello? | 人呢 |
[05:02] | Yeah, Bar, I think you might be suited for | 小巴 我觉得你更适合 |
[05:04] | a more important role in the Earth Day celebration — | 地球日募捐中更重要的工作 |
[05:06] | as a producer. | 当制作人 |
[05:08] | I like the sound of that! It’s so vague and powerful. | 我喜欢这个称谓 很含糊又很厉害 |
[05:10] | So, I need you to produce some sweat towels | 我需要你帮忙制作一些汗巾 |
[05:12] | for our ventriloquist on a unicycle. | 给骑独轮车的腹语表演者用 |
[05:14] | Thanks so much. | 多谢了 |
[05:15] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[05:16] | How do I get Ren’s attention?! | 我该怎样引起小伦的注意 |
[05:17] | You don’t, ’cause she’s super busy. | 你别闹 因为她很忙 |
[05:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:20] | She’s running this whole thing. We’re both alphas. | 整个活动都是她负责 我们都是阿尔法 |
[05:22] | We have everything in common. | 我们拥有所有共同点 |
[05:23] | So just stop trying so hard | 别这么用力过猛 |
[05:24] | and just be the great guy we all know and love. | 做那个我们都了解喜爱的人就好 |
[05:26] | – Matt Bradley? – You! | -马特・布莱德利吗 -你 |
[05:27] | Right. That was my plan, | 没错 我原本是这么计划的 |
[05:29] | but Ren is so caught up in saving the stupid planet. | 但小伦忙着救这个破地球 |
[05:31] | What about things that matter — me?! | 我这么重要的人她不管了吗 |
[05:33] | Well, if you want to win Ren’s heart, | 假如你想赢得小伦的心 |
[05:35] | then just bring her a cheesesteak from Geno’s. | 去给她买济诺家的牛肉芝士三明治 |
[05:37] | It’s her favorite. | 那是她的最爱 |
[05:38] | That’s so much easier than telling her nice things | 这比跟她说好听的 问问题了解她 |
[05:40] | or asking her about herself. | 要容易多了 |
[05:41] | I am so proud of you. That was very mature and — | 我真为你骄傲 多么成熟的反应 |
[05:44] | Oh, no! | 糟糕 |
[05:45] | You have an evil smile ’cause Ren’s a vegetarian! | 你面带邪恶微笑 因为小伦吃素 |
[05:47] | One whiff of that greasy meat pile | 闻一下那堆油腻的肉 |
[05:49] | and she will never want to talk to Barry ever again. | 就会让她永远不想再跟巴瑞说话 |
[05:51] | I will find someone to scratch your itch. | 我会找人帮你抓痒的 |
[05:53] | Just get onstage. Thanks. | 你先上台 多谢了 |
[05:55] | But he made a commitment! | 但他已经答应我了 |
[05:57] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[05:58] | – Good news? – ?Ed Begley Jr. is not coming! | -好消息吗 -小埃德・贝格利不来了 |
[06:00] | His corn-powered three-wheeled car broke down. | 他那烧玉米的三轮车坏了 |
[06:02] | I think I have just the thing to turn that frown upside down. | 我觉得我手里的东西能让你开心起来 |
[06:04] | – What is that? – It’s sliced beef | -那是什么 -是切片牛肉 |
[06:06] | smothered in cheese and onions, | 涂满奶酪和洋葱 |
[06:08] | all tucked sloppily in a meat-juice drenched bun. | 松散地塞在浸满肉汁的面包里 |
[06:11] | Oh, that is absolutely vile. Please get that away from me. | 太恶心了 求你把它从我面前拿开 |
[06:14] | But I had them top it with some pig cracklin’s for crunch. | 我还让他们在上面加了猪皮脆 |
[06:16] | I — That needs to get out of here. | 快把那玩意拿出去 |
[06:17] | As Barry looked for a way in with Ren, | 正当巴瑞想办法攻陷小伦时 |
[06:19] | my mom had a plan to get Bill out on the town. | 我妈也想好计划 让比尔能全力出击 |
[06:22] | Alright. Take me to your lady garden | 好了 带我进入你们的女士花园 |
[06:24] | so I can pluck a flower. | 让我能采一朵花 |
[06:26] | Bad start. I-I just want to meet a gal. | 我没说好 我只想认识个姑娘 |
[06:28] | And meet a gal you shall. | 你绝对能认识个姑娘 |
[06:29] | I have over 300 beautiful bachelorettes for your perusing. | 我有300个美丽的单身女子供你追求 |
[06:33] | 300 women? That’s more than I’ve met in my whole life. | 300个女人 我这辈子都没见过那么多 |
[06:36] | But don’t mistake quantity for quality. | 但量不代表质 |
[06:38] | Lucky for you, I am here to turn Beverly’s misses | 你走运了 有我在这把贝弗莉漏下的 |
[06:41] | into your missus. | 填上你的漏 |
[06:46] | Please give a warm welcome to Janice Crowley. | 请热烈欢迎简妮思・可劳力 |
[06:48] | What a beautiful name! She’s my number-one gal. | 名字真美 她是我的头号备选 |
[06:51] | And is that a witch’s wart? | 那是女巫的痦子吗 |
[06:54] | That is a mole, and we’re keeping an eye on it. | 是颗痣 我们在密切观察中 |
[06:56] | How could you not? It’s smack-dab in the middle of her nose. | 能不观察吗 在她鼻子正中间 |
[06:59] | But beggars can’t be choosers. Where does she live? | 但讨饭就不挑肥拣瘦了 她住在哪 |
[07:01] | Bill, there is no need to settle on this hag from Beverly’s coven. | 比尔 你不必勉强接受贝弗莉的老女巫 |
[07:05] | Bachelorette number two. | 单身女子二号 |
[07:07] | Get ready to pop the question to Jenkintown’s newest retiree, | 准备向珍金镇刚退休的美女求婚吧 |
[07:11] | Gladys Finklebaum. | 格拉德斯・芬可保姆 |
[07:12] | Kinda looks like my mom, but hey, I’m down to clown. | 有点像我妈 但我能接受 |
[07:15] | The question I’d like to pop is, how old is that biddy? | 我想求问的问题是 老母高寿啊 |
[07:17] | Okay, fine. How about someone who’s brimming with life? | 那好吧 这位充满活力的如何 |
[07:20] | Welcome Tiffany D’Amber. | 有请蒂凡妮・颠簸 |
[07:22] | She’s quite youthful. | 她真年轻 |
[07:23] | Maybe too youthful. | 好像太年轻了 |
[07:25] | Is that a jump rope in her hands? | 她手里拿的是跳绳吗 |
[07:26] | You seem off your game, Beverly. | 你似乎发挥失常了 贝弗莉 |
[07:28] | There’s just not a lot of gold out there at the moment. | 眼下没有那么多黄金人选 |
[07:30] | And yet there is. | 然而有 |
[07:31] | I brought just one candidate — the perfect one. | 我只带来了一个候选人 完美的一个 |
[07:35] | Sweet Snow White, she’s pretty as a princess! | 白雪公主啊 她像公主一样美 |
[07:37] | Dolores is even better than a Disney princess — she’s real. | 德洛丽丝比迪士尼公主更好 她真实存在 |
[07:41] | That’s my number-one criteria. | 这是我的首要标准 |
[07:42] | There’s gotta be something wrong with her. | 她肯定有什么毛病 |
[07:44] | What is she, uh, splotchy? Blotchy? | 她怎么着 有斑吗 有疤吗 |
[07:46] | Rashy? Acne-d? Stinky? No pinkies? | 有疹子吗 有痘痘吗 有体味吗 少跟指头吗 |
[07:48] | None of those are deal breakers! | 所有那些我都能接受 |
[07:49] | She’s normal and sweet and kind and right outside that door. | 她很正常 甜美善良 就在门外 |
[07:54] | She’s been waiting outside this whole time? | 她一直都在门外等着 |
[07:56] | That’s how confident I am. | 我就是这么自信 |
[08:00] | Va-va-va-voom! It’s the woman from the picture! | 我我我的天 是照片中的女人 |
[08:03] | Hi, Bill. I’m Dolores. | 你好 比尔 我是德洛丽丝 |
[08:05] | Hi, Bill. I’m also Dolores. | 你好 比尔 我也是德洛丽丝 |
[08:07] | I’m as nervous as a June bride. | 我紧张得像六月新娘一样 |
[08:08] | Would you like to grab some coffee | 你想不想来点咖啡 |
[08:10] | or a lifetime of memories? | 或是一辈子的回忆 |
[08:12] | Coffee sounds fun. | 咖啡听着挺好的 |
[08:13] | Nice work, Jane! | 做得好 简 |
[08:14] | Dolores! | 德洛丽丝 |
[08:16] | How could you bring that woman into my home, | 你胆敢带那女人进我家门 |
[08:18] | where my children sleep? | 我的孩子们睡在这里 |
[08:20] | You’re just upset | 你不过是生气 |
[08:21] | ’cause now it’s clear who the best Yenta is. | 因为很显然我才是最优秀的长舌妇 |
[08:23] | Oh, please. They have zero chemistry. | 拜托 他们根本不来电 |
[08:25] | Oh, they’re making out on your lawn. | 他们已经在你的草坪上亲热起来了 |
[08:27] | Damn it! I got to hit the sprinklers. | 见鬼 我去开洒水器 |
[08:29] | While my mom struck out finding Bill love, | 正当我妈帮比尔寻爱失利时 |
[08:31] | Barry was still determined to get up to bat with Ren. | 巴瑞仍决心要拿下小伦 |
[08:34] | Pops, it’s a romantic emergency. | 老爷子 情场救急 |
[08:37] | I need to wow a gal. | 我要追求一个女孩 |
[08:38] | It’s easy — chocolates and daffodils. | 很简单 巧克力和水仙花 |
[08:41] | Wrong. Adam, I’ve seen the girls you drag home. | 错了 亚当 你见过你带回家的女生们 |
[08:43] | – They’re all better than you. – I’m not that bad. | -她们都比你优秀 -我没那么不堪 |
[08:45] | You’re garbage, and they’re nines. | 你是垃圾 她们是高分美女 |
[08:47] | Tell me your sorcerer’s spell. | 告诉我你的魔咒 |
[08:48] | – I guess I listen — – Shut up! | -我猜我懂得倾听 -闭嘴 |
[08:50] | I can’t bear to hear you drone on. | 我受不了听你念叨 |
[08:52] | Pops, I’m back to you. | 老爷子 我再顾茅庐 |
[08:54] | No, you’re being a putz. | 不要 你在犯浑 |
[08:56] | Adam, I’m tagging you back in. | 亚当 我重新招安你 |
[08:57] | Just find something Ren likes and do that. | 找出小伦喜欢的事 照做 |
[09:00] | As boring as that sounds, that might work. | 尽管听起来很无聊 或许能行 |
[09:02] | She needs a celebrity for her charity telethon. | 她需要名人参加公益电视马拉松 |
[09:04] | So get her a celebrity. | 那就帮她找位名人 |
[09:05] | You’ll be a hero, and she’ll shower you with kisses. | 你会成为英雄 她会对你亲个没完 |
[09:08] | I like this shower-kiss plan. | 我喜欢这个亲个没完的计划 |
[09:10] | Finally, your tired brain kicked in. | 你疲惫的大脑终于启动了 |
[09:11] | But what celebrity can I score on such short notice? | 但这么紧急我能找到什么名人 |
[09:14] | But I heard John Oates | 但我听说R&B超级二重唱 |
[09:15] | of R&B super duo Daryl Hall & John Oates | 戴瑞・霍尔与约翰・奥茨的奥茨 |
[09:18] | went to our dentist once. | 去看过我们的牙医 |
[09:20] | It’s decided! | 我决定了 |
[09:21] | Adam will pretend to need a checkup, | 亚当假装要看牙 |
[09:23] | break into the files, | 偷偷翻看文件 |
[09:24] | retrieve Oates’ personal details, | 得到奥茨的私人信息 |
[09:26] | bring ’em to me, I’ll cold-call him | 带给我 我冷不防打电话给他 |
[09:29] | and convince him with my insurmountable charm | 用我无敌的魅力说服她 |
[09:31] | to play for whatever charity this is for. | 来参加随便这是什么募捐 |
[09:32] | It’s Earth Day. And why can’t you go?! | 是地球日 你怎么不去 |
[09:34] | I was just there two years ago — too suspicious. | 我两年前才看过牙 太可疑了 |
[09:38] | – Move it! – ?Fine! I’d rather be at the dentist than here. | -快去 -好吧 看牙医好过留在这 |
[09:41] | So here I go, I guess. | 那我去吧 |
[09:43] | Ren? Yep, I just locked down Daryl Hall & John Oates | 小伦 我请来了霍尔和奥茨 |
[09:46] | for your telethon. | 参加你的电视马拉松 |
[09:47] | – What?! – Barry, this is a terrible plan. | -什么 -巴瑞 这计划烂透了 |
[09:50] | That’s right! Barry did it! | 没错 巴瑞做到了 |
[09:52] | I’ll have ’em there tonight. | 我今晚请他们过来 |
[09:54] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[09:56] | That’s too soon for something that’ll never happen. | 不可能发生的事你这么快就说了 |
[09:59] | Sure, make yourself feel better. | 你就这么安慰自己吧 |
[10:01] | Daffodils? I feel sad for you. | 什么水仙花 我真为你感到悲哀 |
[10:07] | Barry’s surefire way to secure Daryl Hall & John Oates | 巴瑞保证能找来霍尔和奥茨的办法 |
[10:10] | was to send me to the dentist. | 就是让我去看牙医 |
[10:12] | – Only one problem. – I had seven cavities, man! | -唯一的问题是 -我有七颗龋齿 |
[10:15] | No one cares about your tragic dental hygiene. | 没人在乎你的悲剧烂牙 |
[10:17] | Did you get Oates’ number? | 你搞到奥茨的电话号了吗 |
[10:19] | I was sitting in that chair for three hours fighting for my life. | 我坐了三小时 为保命而奋战 |
[10:22] | So stop drinking juice. | 那就戒掉果汁 |
[10:24] | – Oates me! – I did get something. | -快给我 -我确实搞到了些东西 |
[10:26] | The world-famous lips that wrote “Maneater” | 写出《母老虎》的名嘴翻模 |
[10:29] | – are in my hands! – ?I guess. | -就在我手中 -随便吧 |
[10:30] | How’d you score these luscious choppers? | 你怎么弄来这口好牙的 |
[10:32] | My brain was flying so high on nitrous | 我因为氮气脑子迷迷糊糊 |
[10:34] | that I lost all fear or sense of morality. | 所以失去了一切恐惧和道德观 |
[10:36] | Been there. Go on. | 我是过来人 接着说 |
[10:38] | Then I slipped on a Highlights magazine, | 然后我踩到杂志滑倒了 |
[10:40] | crashed into a poster about flossing, | 撞上了关于牙线的海报 |
[10:42] | but I swiped it. | 但我偷来了这个 |
[10:43] | And look! There’s a phone number! | 快看 这里有电话号码 |
[10:45] | I did it! I found Oates! | 我找到了 我找到奥茨了 |
[10:47] | I did undergo major oral surgery | 我忍受了口腔大手术 |
[10:49] | and commit a misdemeanor, | 还犯了轻罪 |
[10:50] | but sure, you looked at something in your hand. | 而你看了看手里的东西 |
[10:52] | Yes, I’d like to ask John Oates to be on a telethon. | 是的 我想请约翰・奥茨参加电视马拉松 |
[10:55] | What? A lab in Arizona? | 什么 他在亚利桑那州的实验室 |
[10:59] | – Yeah, we’re not getting John Oates. – ?Great! | -请不来约翰・奥茨了 -太好了 |
[11:01] | I had a man’s hand in my mouth for hours, all for nothing. | 白白让一个男人的手在我嘴里搅和几小时 |
[11:04] | That man’s hand inside of you meant everything! | 在你嘴里搅和的男人手意味着一切 |
[11:07] | So there’s only one logical thing to do. | 只剩下一件符合逻辑的事可做 |
[11:09] | More carrots, less Reese’s Pieces? | 多吃胡萝卜 少吃糖果 |
[11:11] | You and I must become Daryl Hall & John Oates. | 你和我必须扮成霍尔和奥茨 |
[11:15] | Ooh, fun! | 真有趣 |
[11:16] | And — What? | 不过 什么 |
[11:17] | I’ll be Hall. You’ll be Oates. | 我扮成霍尔 你扮成奥茨 |
[11:20] | And we’ll nail our performance with such utter perfection, | 我们的演出将完美无瑕 |
[11:23] | no one will be able to distinguish us from the real thing. | 没人能看出我们是假扮的 |
[11:26] | I’m still a little fuzzy from the gas, but that seems right. | 我药劲没过还有点晕 但听起来没问题 |
[11:29] | As Barry and I transformed into music legends, | 正当巴瑞和我扮成音乐传奇时 |
[11:31] | my dad was wondering where his bandmate was. | 我爸正在好奇他的好搭档去哪了 |
[11:34] | Ah, the Phillies suck! Where’s Bill? | 费城人队烂透了 比尔去哪了 |
[11:36] | I need him to boo our favorite team together. | 我需要他一起朝我们最爱的球队喝倒彩 |
[11:38] | Please. | 拜托 |
[11:39] | Bill’s probably waking up in a bathtub full of ice | 比尔或许正在一浴缸冰块中醒来 |
[11:41] | because Jane Bales’ match | 因为简・贝尔斯介绍的人 |
[11:42] | has taken his spleen, liver, and nipple. | 偷走了他的脾 肝和乳头 |
[11:44] | No one steals a nipple. | 哪有人偷乳头 |
[11:45] | You don’t know! | 是你不知道 |
[11:46] | Those sensitive little buttons | 那些敏感的小按钮 |
[11:48] | are in big demand on the black market. | 在黑市上供不应求 |
[11:50] | They put ’em in soups. | 他们把乳头做成汤 |
[11:52] | I guess I asked. | 怪我不该问 |
[11:54] | Beverly Goldberg! | 贝弗莉・金伯格 |
[11:55] | There’s my walking ray of sunshine! | 我的人形阳光在这 |
[11:57] | I suppose I do brighten any room I’m in. | 我确实能照亮房间 |
[11:59] | And my Mur-man. | 还有我的老默 |
[12:00] | Looks like this big bowl of ice cream | 看来这一大碗冰淇淋 |
[12:02] | could use a cherry on top. | 需要一颗樱桃来点睛 |
[12:05] | Get off! What’s that smell?! | 滚开 这是什么味 |
[12:07] | Dial soap. It’s the fragrance of bath time. | 黛尔香皂 浴室里的香氛 |
[12:09] | And you’re wearing a sweater. | 你还穿上了毛衣 |
[12:11] | It’s something called Merino wool. | 这叫美利奴羊毛 |
[12:12] | It’s not the best, but it’s not the worst. | 不是最好的 但也不是很糟糕 |
[12:14] | So, y-you’re happy? | 这么说你很快乐 |
[12:16] | Dolores is fun. | 德洛丽丝很风趣 |
[12:17] | She’s interesting. She does stuff. | 她很有趣 她会做各种事 |
[12:19] | We went on a walk! | 我们去散步了 |
[12:20] | If you like walks so much, sit down. | 假如你这么喜欢散步 快坐下 |
[12:22] | Steve Carlton’s about to give up another one. | 史蒂夫・卡尔顿又要全垒打了 |
[12:24] | No can do, my friend. | 做不到 朋友 |
[12:25] | Dolores and I are going to dinner at a restaurant. | 我和德洛丽丝要去餐厅吃晚餐 |
[12:28] | You should come and see how great she is for yourself. | 你该来亲自看看她有多好 |
[12:30] | We’ll be there. | 我们会去的 |
[12:31] | I’m gonna test her and see if she really is a good match | 我要试试她是不是真的适合你 |
[12:34] | or just another Jane Bales dud. | 还是简・贝尔斯又搞砸了 |
[12:35] | Seems like you should just be happy for me, but okay! | 我觉得你替我开心就行了 但好吧 |
[12:39] | I’m gonna expose Dolores for the fraud she is. | 我要曝光德洛丽丝是个怎样的骗子 |
[12:42] | And Jane Bales will be banned from Yenta-ing forever. | 简・贝尔斯会永远失去做长舌妇的资格 |
[12:45] | Which one’s Jane Bales, again? | 谁是简・贝尔斯来着 |
[12:46] | And so my mom set out to do what she did best — | 于是我妈准备要做她最擅长的 |
[12:49] | systematically destroy a budding relationship. | 有系统地毁掉一段刚萌芽的关系 |
[12:52] | So, what’s everybody drinking? | 大家都喝些什么 |
[12:53] | Hm, Dolores? | 德洛丽丝 |
[12:54] | Just six glasses of wine because of your problem? | 来六杯红酒 因为你酗酒 |
[12:57] | I’m kind of a lightweight. | 我其实不太能喝 |
[12:58] | I’ll just have a beer. | 一杯啤酒就好 |
[13:00] | Me too. Good call! | 我也是 选得好 |
[13:02] | We’re still not sure about you. | 我们还不知道你的为人 |
[13:04] | I have no opinion. | 我保持中立 |
[13:06] | Dolores, | 德洛丽丝 |
[13:07] | I see you looking at the expensive side of the menu, huh? | 我发现你在看贵价的菜 |
[13:11] | You like nice things? | 你喜欢好东西对吧 |
[13:12] | Guilty as charged! | 被抓个正着 |
[13:13] | You’re gonna bleed Bill’s already meager life savings dry. | 比尔本来就没多少积蓄 会被你榨干的 |
[13:16] | Oh, well, actually, I make more money than Bill. | 其实我赚得比比尔多 |
[13:18] | She knows fancy finance words | 她知道高级的金融词汇 |
[13:20] | like “dividend” and “checking account.” | 例如”股息”和”支票账户” |
[13:22] | And you’ll always feel inferior because of it. | 你永远会因此感到自卑的 |
[13:24] | Nuh-unh! I’m ready for my full-time job to be foot rubber. | 才不会 我准备好做全职揉脚师了 |
[13:27] | Well, I’m hiring! | 我要雇用你 |
[13:28] | Yeah, well, keep your hands off her dogs | 你现在别揉她的脚 |
[13:30] | while I’m eating my soup. | 我还要喝汤 |
[13:31] | Beverly, I didn’t know when to bring this up, | 贝弗莉 我不知道该不该提这件事 |
[13:33] | but I am a huge fan of your cookbook. | 但我是你的食谱的大书迷 |
[13:36] | You are? | 是吗 |
[13:37] | Would you mind signing mine for me? | 你愿意给我的签名吗 |
[13:39] | Here? Now? | 此时此地 |
[13:40] | I have my own smudge-proof pen! | 我自带了不晕墨的签名笔 |
[13:43] | And please don’t tell me | 你千万别告诉我 |
[13:44] | that you bedazzled that gorgeous sweater yourself. | 这件漂亮的毛衣是你自己贴的钻 |
[13:46] | I did bedazzle this beauty myself. | 正是我自己贴得这么漂亮 |
[13:48] | How are you so amazing and friends with Jane Bales? | 你人这么好怎么会跟简・贝尔斯做朋友 |
[13:52] | Jane and I aren’t really friends. | 其实我和简不算朋友 |
[13:53] | Between you and me, she’s a strong cup of coffee. | 别说出去 她个性太浓郁了 |
[13:57] | She is a piece of xxxx. | 她就是坨臭狗屎 |
[13:59] | Bill, we are so lucky we found Dolores! | 比尔 我们能遇到德洛丽丝太幸运了 |
[14:03] | As my mom warmed up to Dolores, | 正当我妈喜欢上德洛丽丝时 |
[14:04] | my brother and I were comin’ in hot. | 我哥和我正火热出击 |
[14:06] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[14:07] | I got sidetracked hugging some trees outside. | 我在外面与树木拥抱忘了时间 |
[14:10] | I cannot thank you enough. | 我怎么谢你都不够 |
[14:11] | So, where are they? | 他们在哪 |
[14:13] | They’re preparing all their hits. | 他们在准备所有热门歌 |
[14:14] | You can announce them in five. | 你五分钟后介绍他们登台就好 |
[14:16] | You’re the best. | 你最好了 |
[14:19] | Without knowing any facts, | 尽管我毫不知情 |
[14:20] | what incredibly stupid thing did you do? | 但你又做了什么愚蠢至极的事 |
[14:22] | He promised her that Daryl Hall & John Oates would perform, | 他向她保证霍尔和奥茨会登台 |
[14:24] | – but instead, we are. – What?! | -但要登台的是我们 -什么 |
[14:26] | I’m gonna go try and get ready, | 我要去尽量准备了 |
[14:27] | even though there’s no way. | 尽管根本没戏 |
[14:29] | Barry, please don’t do this. | 巴瑞 求你别这么做 |
[14:31] | I see what this is! | 我看出你的把戏了 |
[14:33] | You’re cheesesteaking me! | 你又要骗我 |
[14:34] | You’re telling me to do the opposite of what will make Ren happy | 告诉我能让小伦开心的正相反的事 |
[14:37] | ’cause you don’t want us to be together. | 因为你不希望我们在一起 |
[14:39] | I promise I am not cheesesteaking you. | 我保证这次不是骗你 |
[14:41] | I’m trying to protect you. | 我想保护你 |
[14:42] | Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure | 女士们先生们 我很荣幸 |
[14:44] | to welcome Philadelphia’s very own Daryl Hall & John Oates! | 请出费城出身的戴瑞・霍尔和约翰・奥茨 |
[14:48] | See you at our wedding! | 我们的婚礼上见 |
[14:50] | Yeah, we thought of everything. | 是啊 我们计划好了一切 |
[14:52] | Except for the part where we both dressed as the same rock star. | 除了我们都扮成了同一位摇滚明星 |
[14:55] | You’re supposed to be Oates, dummy! | 你该扮成奥茨的 傻子 |
[14:57] | I am Oates! You’re supposed to be Hall! | 我就是奥茨 你该扮成霍尔的 |
[14:59] | This is what Hall looks like! | 这就是霍尔的扮相 |
[15:00] | *Oh-oh, here she comes* | *她走来了* |
[15:02] | Dude, Hall’s the tall blond! | 哥们 霍尔是那个金发大高个 |
[15:04] | Oates is the mustachioed one! | 奥茨是有小胡子的那个 |
[15:05] | *Oh-oh, here she comes* | *她走来了* |
[15:08] | You need to sing the Hall parts! | 你得唱霍尔的部分 |
[15:09] | I just know the backing vocals! | 我只会和声 |
[15:11] | *Oh-oh, here she comes* | *她走来了* |
[15:13] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[15:14] | I guess you sing the part you know. | 会哪句就唱哪句吧 |
[15:16] | *Oh-oh, here she comes* | *她走来了* |
[15:18] | *She’s a m–* | *她是母* |
[15:21] | What the hell, Barry? | 搞什么 巴瑞 |
[15:23] | I’m sorry. Let us do “Rich Girl”! | 对不起 让我们唱《富家女》吧 |
[15:25] | No! I don’t want you to do anything ever again. | 不 我永远不想让你帮任何忙了 |
[15:27] | Just leave. | 你走吧 |
[15:28] | – Oh, no. – ?I warned you. | -不 -我警告过你 |
[15:30] | This is all your fault! | 这都是你的错 |
[15:31] | Me?! How am I to blame for this? | 我 这怎么能怪我 |
[15:33] | If you were honest with me in the first place, | 假如你最初对我说实话 |
[15:35] | I would’ve listened to you now! | 我这次就会听你的了 |
[15:37] | Thanks for nothing. | 真是谢谢你了 |
[15:40] | And why did you agree to this? | 你为什么同意帮忙 |
[15:42] | Honestly, the last thing I remember | 说实话 我记得的最后一件事 |
[15:43] | is a dental assistant asking me | 是牙医助手问我 |
[15:45] | if I had someone to drive me home. | 有没有人开车送我回家 |
[15:47] | As we flamed out, | 在我们灭火的时候 |
[15:48] | Jane Bales was burning mad at my mom. | 简・贝尔斯正对我妈怒火中烧 |
[15:50] | Beverly Goldberg! How could you?! | 贝弗莉・金伯格 你怎么能这样 |
[15:52] | You can’t prove it, and I’ll deny it to my grave! | 你不能证明是我 我到死都会否认 |
[15:55] | Also, what is this about? | 不过 具体是什么事 |
[15:56] | Dolores broke up with Bill. | 德洛丽丝跟比尔分手了 |
[15:57] | She said she thought we weren’t a good fit. | 她说她觉得我们不合适 |
[15:59] | But she’s the ham to my pocket filled with ham. | 但她就是我火腿袋子里的火腿 |
[16:02] | Which means you clearly did something to sabotage them. | 很显然是你从中作梗 |
[16:05] | I mean, I went to dinner with the intention of doing something, | 我去吃晚餐时原本打算搞破坏 |
[16:07] | but then I liked her. | 可我很喜欢她 |
[16:08] | You just couldn’t handle that I found Bill love | 你就是不能接受是我帮比尔找到了爱情 |
[16:10] | and not you. | 而不是你 |
[16:11] | I still remember the last place we kissed. | 我还记得我们上次接吻的地方 |
[16:14] | Mouths. | 嘴巴 |
[16:15] | Why, Beverly? | 为什么 贝弗莉 |
[16:16] | Why do you hate love? | 你为什么憎恨爱情 |
[16:17] | I didn’t do this! | 不是我干的 |
[16:18] | Who would do this if it wasn’t you? | 不是你还能是谁 |
[16:20] | It was me, okay? | 是我 行了吗 |
[16:21] | Murray?! ?What did you do to that woman? | 默里 你把那女人怎么了 |
[16:23] | I just told her that Bill was so crushed after his wife left | 我告诉她比尔在妻子离家出走后崩溃了 |
[16:27] | that he wasn’t ready for another relationship. | 他没准备好接受新的感情 |
[16:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:30] | It was just all happening too fast. | 一切都发生得太快了 |
[16:32] | I saw you all these years destroyed by love, | 这些年我见你为爱崩溃 |
[16:35] | and I didn’t want to see it happen again. | 我不想看到你重蹈覆辙 |
[16:37] | But Dolores makes me happy. | 但德洛丽丝让我开心 |
[16:39] | I was just looking out for you, buddy. | 我只是在保护你 伙计 |
[16:41] | If you were really my buddy, | 假如你真的是我的伙计 |
[16:43] | you wouldn’t have sucker-punched my heart. | 你就不会迎面重锤我的心 |
[16:44] | – Bill — – ?No! Murray, | -比尔 -不 默里 |
[16:46] | maybe you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[16:46] | Maybe I’m meant to be alone. | 或许我注定孤独 |
[16:49] | I knew I didn’t need to get my doorbell fixed. | 我就知道没必要修好门铃 |
[16:54] | Barry’s attempt to wow Ren didn’t exactly go as planned. | 巴瑞追求小伦的计划弄巧成拙 |
[16:57] | I can’t believe we both dressed up like Daryl Hall. | 真不敢相信我们都扮成了戴瑞・霍尔 |
[17:00] | Oates! We’re both Oates! | 奥茨 我们都是奥茨 |
[17:02] | How are you still not getting that? | 你怎么还没搞清楚 |
[17:04] | I guess I just screw up everything. | 看来我搞砸了一切 |
[17:05] | Stupid mustache. | 愚蠢的小胡子 |
[17:08] | Just take it off like this. | 这样摘 |
[17:10] | On, off. | 黏上 摘掉 |
[17:13] | Oates, Hall. | 奥茨 霍尔 |
[17:16] | Mine doesn’t do that. | 我的摘不下来 |
[17:17] | What kind of adhesive did you use? | 你用的是什么胶水 |
[17:18] | The stuff Dad seals the tub with. | 老爸用来给浴缸封边的 |
[17:20] | That’s not meant for the human face! | 那种胶水不能用在人脸上 |
[17:22] | This bagel duster’s gonna be on forever! | 这个小毛刷子要永远黏在我脸上了 |
[17:27] | Yeah, I’ll let you guys talk. | 你们先聊 |
[17:31] | How’s it going? | 你还好吗 |
[17:33] | Not so great. | 不太好 |
[17:34] | I embarrassed myself in front of a girl I like, | 我在喜欢的女孩面前丢人了 |
[17:37] | but even worse, I let her down. | 更糟的是 我让她失望了 |
[17:39] | Why’d you lie about Daryl Hall & John Oates? | 你为什么用霍尔和奥茨骗我 |
[17:41] | I thought I could get them. | 我以为能请来他们 |
[17:42] | And I tried, but I-I only ended up with their teeth. | 我尽力了 但最后只搞到了他们的牙 |
[17:46] | ?I feel like there’s more there, | 我觉得有背景故事 |
[17:48] | but I’m just not gonna ask. | 但我就不问了 |
[17:51] | I’m sorry I ruined your telethon. | 很抱歉我毁了你的电视马拉松 |
[17:53] | Here’s the thing — you didn’t. | 是这样的 你没有 |
[17:55] | Everyone thought it was some goofy comedy act | 人们都以为是滑稽搞笑表演 |
[17:57] | called Oates & Oates, so we got a ton of donations. | 叫奥茨和奥茨 我们收到了好多捐款 |
[18:01] | So I kinda helped? | 所以我算是帮上忙了 |
[18:03] | You kinda did. | 算是帮上忙了 |
[18:04] | But next time, just talk to me. | 但下次 直接来问我 |
[18:07] | I wanted to, but you were so busy, | 我也想 但你当时那么忙 |
[18:10] | and Erica convinced me you only kissed me on spring break | 爱丽卡让我觉得你吻我只是因为春假 |
[18:13] | because it was your vacation. | 因为你在度假 |
[18:14] | Well, she doesn’t know everything. | 她也不是无所不知的 |
[18:16] | You kinda like me, too? | 你也有点喜欢我 |
[18:18] | A guy that would go through all of this effort | 一个人愿意花这么多工夫 |
[18:21] | to support something that’s important to me — | 来支持对我重要的事 |
[18:24] | what’s not to like? | 怎会不讨人喜欢 |
[18:29] | Wait. This isn’t right. | 等等 这样不行 |
[18:30] | Oh, no. ‘Cause I’m not a viable romantic partner? | 不 你觉得我不适合谈恋爱 |
[18:33] | No, dummy. | 不是 笨笨 |
[18:34] | This! | 是这个 |
[18:39] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[18:40] | we all do crazy stuff for the people we care about, | 我们都会为了在乎的人做疯狂的事 |
[18:43] | even if it doesn’t always work out. | 尽管有时会弄巧成拙 |
[18:45] | I don’t get it. I thought you wanted Bill to be happy. | 我不懂 我以为你希望比尔能开心 |
[18:48] | I do. | 我希望 |
[18:50] | I just didn’t want to see him get hurt again. | 我只是不想看到他再受伤 |
[18:53] | Honestly, you not supporting your friend hurts more. | 说实话 你不支持朋友让他更受伤 |
[18:57] | Well, that’s not what I want. | 那不是我的本意 |
[18:59] | Bill’s the best. | 比尔人最好了 |
[19:00] | He deserves all the good stuff. | 他值得拥有所有美好事物 |
[19:03] | Then tell him that. | 那就告诉他这些 |
[19:05] | Not talking to each other — it’s kind of our thing. | 不跟彼此闲聊 算是我们的特色 |
[19:09] | Well, maybe it shouldn’t be. | 或许不该是这样 |
[19:13] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你 |
[19:15] | I was kinda hoping you were somebody else. | 我还指望是别人 |
[19:17] | Here she is. | 她在这 |
[19:18] | Hi, Bill. | 比尔 |
[19:19] | My gummy bear’s back! | 我的小熊软糖回来了 |
[19:23] | I’ll give you guys a minute. | 你们先聊 |
[19:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:27] | Listen, what I said about not wanting you to get hurt? | 我之前说不希望你受伤 |
[19:30] | It’s true. I meant it. | 是真的 我是真心的 |
[19:31] | I appreciate that. | 我很感谢 |
[19:32] | Here’s the thing — | 是这样的 |
[19:34] | I don’t have a lot of people in my life. | 我生活中没有那么多人 |
[19:36] | You’re my friend. | 你是我朋友 |
[19:38] | My one friend. | 唯一的朋友 |
[19:39] | Right back atcha. | 你也是 |
[19:40] | We spend every Sunday watching TV at my house, | 我们每周日都在我家看电视 |
[19:45] | and the thought of that not happening… | 一想到以后不能这样了 |
[19:48] | That’s a thought you don’t need to have. | 你不必有这样的想法 |
[19:50] | There’s not a woman in the world | 这世上没有任何女人 |
[19:51] | that can come between me and my best bud. | 能介入我和我最好的伙计 |
[19:53] | – Really? – ?Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[19:55] | Now bring it in. | 快来抱一下 |
[19:56] | Let old Bill get his arms around you. | 让老比尔抱抱你 |
[20:00] | Turns out, accepting what makes the people you love happy | 原来 接受让挚爱亲朋开心的事 |
[20:03] | can make us all happier in the end. | 最终会让我们都更开心 |
[20:05] | Hey, I’ll grab you another slice. | 我再给你拿一份 |
[20:09] | You sure you’re okay with this? | 你确定你能接受吗 |
[20:10] | Yeah, I suppose. | 我想是的 |
[20:12] | I mean, you are two of my favorite people. | 你们俩都是我最喜欢的人 |
[20:15] | ‘Cause when we open our hearts, | 因为当我们敞开心扉 |
[20:16] | we can all find new ways to grow — together. | 我们都能找到新的方式 共同成长 |
[20:19] | Enjoy your game. We’re going shopping. | 好好看比赛 我们去购物了 |
[20:22] | After all, sharing moments with people we love, | 归根结底 与亲爱的人共度时光 |
[20:24] | both old and new — | 无论是老朋友还是新朋友 |
[20:26] | that’s one of the best things in life. | 都是人生中最棒的事情之一 |
[20:35] | I’m Wendi McLendon-Covey, | 我是温蒂・麦克伦敦-康薇 |
[20:37] | and I play Beverly Goldberg on “The Goldbergs.” | 我在《金色年代》中饰演贝弗莉・金伯格 |
[20:39] | We have a character called Bill Lewis, | 我们有个角色名叫比尔・路易斯 |
[20:42] | and I’ve got some questions for you. | 我有些问题要问你 |
[20:43] | What advice would you give someone | 假如有人要为贝弗莉・金伯格工作 |
[20:45] | who’s going to work for Beverly Goldberg? | 你会给他什么建议 |
[20:48] | Wear a set of earplugs. | 戴一对耳塞 |
[20:52] | Well, that’s it. | 结束了 |
[20:53] | The Earth Day telethon is over for another year. | 每年一度的地球日电视马拉松结束了 |
[20:55] | You should be so proud of yourself. | 你该为自己感到骄傲 |
[20:57] | I mean, you filled two straight days | 我填满了整整两天 |
[20:58] | with wall-to-wall entertainment. | 不间断的电视节目 |
[21:00] | I guess, but I still didn’t get anyone famous. | 是啊 但我还是没有请到任何名人 |
[21:03] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[21:04] | I was so close to Daryl Hall & John Oates. | 我差点就请到了霍尔和奥茨 |
[21:07] | *Whoa-oh, here she come* | *她走来了* |
[21:09] | What the hell, man?! Are you mocking me? | 搞什么 你在嘲笑我吗 |
[21:12] | Oh, no, I-I was just messing around. | 不是 我只是乱唱的 |
[21:14] | – I-I’m sorry. – ?You should be. | -真抱歉 -你应该抱歉 |
[21:15] | But me and my buddy, we got this band, | 但我和我哥们有个乐队 |
[21:17] | – and I thought maybe next year– – Hard no. | -我想或许明年 -没门 |
[21:18] | But don’t you guys have a bunch of hours to fill? | 但你们不是需要许多节目填满时长吗 |
[21:20] | Hard no! | 没门 |
[21:21] | Sweet stache though. | 不过你小胡子很帅 |
[21:23] | Thanks. It’s kind of my thing. | 多谢 这算是我的个人特色 |