时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Ah, proms of the ’80s. | 八十年代的舞会啊 |
[00:03] | Tons of taffeta, tuxes with tails, | 数不清的塔夫绸 燕尾服 |
[00:05] | top hats, and over-the-top hair. | 大礼帽 夸张的发型 |
[00:07] | With William Penn’s big night just around the corner, | 威廉・佩恩高中的重要一夜即将来临 |
[00:09] | it was time to man up | 是时候拿出男子气概 |
[00:10] | and see if Brea Bee would go with me. | 问问布瑞亚是否愿意做我的舞伴 |
[00:13] | Dude, now’s your chance. | 哥们 你的机会来了 |
[00:14] | I can see that, Dave Kim. | 我看得出来 金戴夫 |
[00:15] | I have eyes and extremely robust corrective lenses. | 我有眼睛和极度厚重的矫正镜 |
[00:18] | So, why aren’t you going in? | 那你为什么不过去 |
[00:19] | Maybe because if she says no, | 或许是因为假如她拒绝 |
[00:21] | my heart will explode, and I’ll die of shame! | 我的心脏会爆炸 我会羞愧而死 |
[00:24] | Shame means nothing to you. | 你完全对羞愧免疫 |
[00:25] | Remember that time you were wearing khakis | 还记得上次你穿着卡其裤 |
[00:27] | and you sat on that brownie? | 结果坐到了巧克力蛋糕上吗 |
[00:28] | You mean yesterday? Yes, I do. | 你是指昨天吗 记得 |
[00:30] | I’m gonna go do the thing. | 我要去问她了 |
[00:31] | Brea and I had held hands, couple’s skated, | 布瑞亚和我牵过手 滑过情侣滑冰 |
[00:33] | shared off-campus lunches, and went for ice cream. | 一起去校外吃过午饭 还吃过冰淇淋 |
[00:36] | But she was the most popular girl in school, | 但她是校花 |
[00:38] | and I never quite knew where I stood. | 而我永远搞不清自己的定位 |
[00:40] | What I did know was I was about to ask her to prom. | 我能确定的是 我即将邀请她参加舞会 |
[00:43] | Hey, Brea… | 布瑞亚 |
[00:43] | – Let’s go to prom. – You’re asking me? | -我们去舞会吧 -你在邀请我 |
[00:44] | Tables turned! Women can do it! | 风水轮流转 女人也能做主 |
[00:47] | Working Girl. Melanie Griffith. | 《上班女郎》 梅兰尼・格里菲斯 |
[00:49] | Sexy, but competent. | 性感又有能力 |
[00:50] | Let the River Run. | 大江东去 |
[00:51] | Is there a yes in there? | 你要不要说句”愿意” |
[00:53] | Yes! A thousand times yes! | 愿意 一千次也愿意 |
[00:54] | I’m so excited! | 我好激动 |
[00:58] | And while the moments that followed | 尽管接下来发生的事 |
[00:59] | might not have happened exactly this way, | 或许有些杜撰成分 |
[01:01] | here’s what it felt like. | 但这是我当时的感受 |
[01:06] | – Don’t touch me, freak! – With pleasure. | -别碰我 怪胎 -荣幸之至 |
[01:09] | Give me your lunch, Goldnerd. | 午餐给我 金呆格 |
[01:10] | It’s my mom’s meatloaf on pumpernickel. | 是我妈做的裸麦粉粗面包烘肉卷 |
[01:11] | You’re in for a treat. | 你有口福了 |
[01:16] | Three, two… Basketball. | 三 二 篮球 |
[01:18] | That’s my dad’s ball. I’m not supposed to get trash on it! | 那是我爸的球 不能弄脏的 |
[01:30] | Let’s go, girls! Five, six, seven, eight! | 走起来 姑娘们 五六七八 |
[01:38] | Who’s the short-haired girl? | 那个短发女生是谁 |
[01:39] | It’s me! Go Quakers! | 是我 贵格加油 |
[01:51] | I don’t even know who you are. | 我根本不认识你 |
[01:52] | Read your arm! | 看看胳膊上的名字 |
[01:54] | Goldberg, stop dancing to your inner soundtrack! | 金伯格 别再随着脑内的背景音乐跳舞了 |
[01:56] | – Dance with me! – This isn’t infectious! | -跟我一起跳舞 -毫无传染性 |
[01:58] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[02:01] | Mom! | 妈 |
[02:02] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[02:03] | After last week, you probably need | 经历过上周的事 你的锁柜里 |
[02:04] | a new pair of rescue underwear for your locker. | 或许该放条新的备用内裤 |
[02:06] | That’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard, but I don’t care! | 那是我听过的最恶心的句子 但我不在乎 |
[02:08] | Jitterbug! | 吉特巴舞 |
[02:24] | It was May 13th, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的五月十三日 |
[02:26] | and Erica and Geoff were accomplishing | 爱丽卡和杰夫正在攻克 |
[02:28] | the mundane but necessary tasks of adulthood. | 成年后平凡但必要的任务 |
[02:31] | Dude, guess what I just bought. | 哥们 猜我买什么了 |
[02:33] | Something excessive and frivolous, | 极度无聊的东西 |
[02:34] | like another indoor vertical tomato garden? | 例如第二个室内垂直番茄花园 |
[02:36] | That sounds awesome, but no. | 听起来很酷 但不是 |
[02:38] | I got stamps! | 我买了邮票 |
[02:39] | For mailing stuff? | 用来邮东西吗 |
[02:41] | You’re kind of an adult! | 有点大人的样子了 |
[02:42] | I’m all the way adult! | 我不能更大人了 |
[02:43] | I don’t know why people are always complaining about it. | 我不知道人们为什么总在抱怨 |
[02:45] | It’s easy. | 多简单 |
[02:46] | Well, I did my thing for the day, | 我今天的任务完成了 |
[02:47] | so now it’s sweatpants o’clock. | 我要换上睡裤了 |
[02:50] | Geoffrey, it’s your mother. | 杰夫瑞 我是你母亲 |
[02:51] | Uhp, here comes the daily recap. | 每日汇报来了 |
[02:53] | I went to the store, got some TP, | 我去了商店 买了些厕纸 |
[02:54] | the kind your dad likes on his tushie. | 你爸喜欢用来擦屁屁的那种 |
[02:56] | Oh, and speaking of him, he had a minor massive heart attack | 说到你爸 他轻微地严重心脏病发作 |
[02:59] | and we’re at Abington Memorial. | 我们在阿宾顿纪念医院 |
[03:01] | Miss you. | 想你 |
[03:02] | My dad had a heart attack! | 我爸心脏病发作了 |
[03:06] | Stop saying “wow”! What do I do? | 别再感叹了 我该怎么办 |
[03:09] | Stop saying “er-uh”! I’ve got to get down there! | 别再词穷了 我得赶紧过去 |
[03:14] | Are you coming? | 你等什么呢 |
[03:15] | – Do you need me to come? – Yes! | -你想让我一起去吗 -当然 |
[03:17] | Then I guess that’s what I’m doing. | 看来我要一起去了 |
[03:20] | Yep, turns out when it came to a crisis, | 没错 原来面临危机时 |
[03:22] | Erica might not have been as adult as she thought. | 爱丽卡或许没有她想象得有大人样 |
[03:24] | Dad, thank God. Are you okay? | 爸 谢天谢地 你还好吗 |
[03:25] | Part of my heart died because of a lack of blood flow. | 我的一部分心脏因为血液流动不足坏死了 |
[03:28] | Yeah. I’m a regular Bo Jackson. | 我像运动员一样健壮 |
[03:30] | Dad only uses sarcasm when he’s vulnerable! | 老爸只有在脆弱的时候才会讽刺 |
[03:32] | Oh, it’s gonna be perfect and fine. | 一点事都不会有的 |
[03:34] | Mom’s sugar-coating everything ’cause she’s in denial! | 老妈用糖衣包裹一切因为她在否认现实 |
[03:36] | It is nice to know that you have this all under control, | 看到你已经掌控了一切真好 |
[03:39] | so I am just gonna scooch on out of here. | 那我就先走了 |
[03:42] | And… Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:44] | That is a bathroom with a chair in the shower. | 那是卫生间 淋浴下面还有椅子 |
[03:45] | You can’t leave now. I-I need you here. | 你现在不能走 我需要你留下 |
[03:47] | In this room? With all the…beeping | 留在这个房间里 有这么多仪器在响 |
[03:49] | and the tubes filled with fluid going into your dad? | 还有好多管子把满满的液体输入你爸体内 |
[03:51] | And… Oh, God, that one seems to be going against traffic! | 老天 还有反向操作的管子 |
[03:55] | I came as soon as I heard. | 我一听说就赶来了 |
[03:56] | First question, who needs a hug? | 第一个问题 谁需要拥抱 |
[03:57] | There you go. Know you are loved. | 快过来 记得我们爱你 |
[03:59] | Geoff, are you crying? | 杰夫 你哭了吗 |
[04:00] | No! Yes! I am! I’m sorry! | 没有 是的 哭了 对不起 |
[04:02] | Let it out. Tears are the words the heart can’t say. | 发泄出来吧 泪水是内心无法诉说的话语 |
[04:05] | My heart quit a job it had for 67 years. | 我的心脏工作了67年居然罢工了 |
[04:07] | Lou, look at me. | 卢 看着我 |
[04:08] | I’m getting the best care available for you. | 我会给你最好的治疗 |
[04:11] | The best. | 最好的 |
[04:12] | I’m pre-med, so you know I mean business. | 我是医学预科生 你知道我是认真的 |
[04:13] | Your words are meaningless. | 你说的话毫无意义 |
[04:15] | But your firm and encouraging tone sets me at ease. | 但你坚定鼓励的语气令我放松 |
[04:18] | Where’s the doctor? As your advocate, | 你的医生在哪 作为你的代言人 |
[04:19] | I’m gonna need more tests. | 我必须做更多测试 |
[04:21] | Many of them unnecessary, expensive, and invasive. | 许多是不必要的 昂贵的 侵入性的 |
[04:23] | I don’t know why, but I’m gonna get him. | 我也不知道为什么 但我去叫他 |
[04:25] | Sit, Linda. You need your strength. | 你坐吧 琳达 你需要保存体力 |
[04:28] | We all need your strength. | 我们都需要你的力量 |
[04:29] | Barry, I am so glad you’re here. | 巴瑞 真高兴你来了 |
[04:32] | I feel a calmness washing over me. | 我整个人平静多了 |
[04:35] | Good. Let me be your human bubble bath. | 很好 让我做你的人形泡泡浴 |
[04:38] | I’ll be right back and you can all soak in me. | 我马上回来 让你们都浸泡在我身体里 |
[04:40] | The hell was that? | 什么莫名其妙的 |
[04:42] | I guess your brother’s a rock in these situations. | 看来你弟弟在这种情景下宛如磐石 |
[04:44] | Well, people do go out of their way to avoid him at the beach. | 人们在岸边确实会避开他 |
[04:46] | As Erica proved she was no rock, | 正当爱丽卡证明她绝非磐石时 |
[04:48] | I was gonna use movies to help me have a rocking prom. | 我正要利用电影 帮我度过超棒的舞会 |
[04:51] | Okay, I got Footloose, Back to the Future, | 好了 我选了《浑身是劲》《回到未来》 |
[04:53] | and the John Hughes tour de force | 还有约翰・休斯马拉松 |
[04:55] | Pretty in Pink. | 《红粉佳人》 |
[04:56] | In the real world, Molly Ringwald | 在现实中 莫利・林沃德 |
[04:57] | would never end up with the handsome rich kid, Blane. | 绝不会跟有钱帅公子布莱恩在一起 |
[04:59] | Then who? Duckie? | 那要选谁 达奇吗 |
[05:01] | They deserve each other. | 他们再般配不过 |
[05:02] | Him with his dumb hats and her with that crappy dress. | 他的蠢帽子正好配她的破裙子 |
[05:05] | That dress is iconic! They named the movie after it! | 那裙子可是标志性的 片名说的就是裙子 |
[05:07] | It wasn’t even flattering. | 根本不好看 |
[05:08] | Too much frill and those puffy arms. | 那么多褶 还有泡泡袖 |
[05:10] | Not for Dave Kim. | 金戴夫不喜欢 |
[05:11] | Thank God the fashion house of Dave Kim has weighed in. | 谢天谢地 时尚大师金戴夫发话了 |
[05:14] | I know two things. Fashion and women. | 有两件事我特别懂 时尚和女人 |
[05:16] | Brea will obviously be voted prom queen, | 布瑞亚肯定会被票选为舞会女王 |
[05:18] | while you’ll be left in the shadows, | 而你会被遗忘在阴影中 |
[05:20] | literally, holding her tasteful, beaded clutch. | 就字面意思 拿着她雅致的串珠手包 |
[05:22] | That’s nonsense, Dave Kim. | 胡说八道 金戴夫 |
[05:23] | Dave Kim speaks the truth. | 金戴夫说的是事实 |
[05:25] | Johnny Atkins? What are you doing here? | 强尼・阿特金斯 你来这做什么 |
[05:26] | Returning and re-renting Moonstruck. | 归还《月色撩人》然后再租一次 |
[05:28] | And you got big problems. | 你问题可不小 |
[05:29] | Trust me. I was you. | 相信我 我曾像你一样 |
[05:31] | That’s a guy who could work at a deli without a hairnet. | 可以不戴发网卖熟食了 |
[05:33] | It was my first junior year. | 那是我第一次读高三 |
[05:35] | And I scored a date with the prettiest, coolest chick in school. | 我约到了全校最漂亮最酷的妞 |
[05:38] | – Good for you. – Bad for me. | -你真厉害 -厉害个屁 |
[05:39] | The night started off magical, | 起初那晚很梦幻 |
[05:41] | but then she was crowned queen | 可之后她被票选为女王 |
[05:42] | and left in the king’s white limo to the airport Radisson. | 乘王者的白色豪华轿车去了雷迪森机场 |
[05:45] | Oh, no, Dave Kim’s scenario has merit! | 不好 金戴夫的假设居然很有道理 |
[05:47] | After that prom, I stopped studying, | 那次舞会之后 我不再学习 |
[05:49] | got into prog rock, and never cut my hair again. | 迷上前卫摇滚 再也没剪过头发 |
[05:51] | That seems like an overreaction, | 似乎反应过度了 |
[05:53] | and your hair should be much longer, but wow! | 你的头发也没有那么长 但震惊到我了 |
[05:55] | I’m gonna need you more than ever tonight, Cher. | 我今晚无比需要你 雪儿 |
[05:57] | Show me how stereotypical Italians love! | 向我展示刻板的意大利热恋吧 |
[05:59] | Whatever! I like Brea and she likes me. | 随便吧 我和布瑞亚相互喜欢 |
[06:02] | I’m not worried. | 我才不担心 |
[06:03] | Mama, I’m worried. | 妈妈 我好担心 |
[06:05] | Who put you in such a state of agitation? | 是谁害你如此激动 |
[06:07] | I’ll have them expelled or fired from school, | 我要让他们被学校开除或解雇 |
[06:08] | depending on their age. | 根据年龄决定 |
[06:09] | I’m going to prom with Brea. | 我要跟布瑞亚参加舞会 |
[06:11] | That cute redhead? | 那个可爱的红发女生 |
[06:13] | Well, if it couldn’t be me, I’m happy it’s her. | 假如不能是我 我很高兴是她 |
[06:15] | But I’m worried once she’s queen, | 可我担心一旦她当选女王 |
[06:17] | I’ll be spending the night alone | 我就得孤独度过残夜 |
[06:18] | as she’s showered with rose petals | 而她在玫瑰花瓣雨下 |
[06:20] | while riding across the gym on a white stallion. | 骑着白色骏马横跨体育馆 |
[06:22] | I don’t know how it works. | 我不知道具体怎么操作 |
[06:23] | How it works is Mama is gonna make you prom king. | 具体操作是妈妈会让你当上舞会之王 |
[06:26] | – You can do that? – I can do whatever I want. | -你能办到 -我想办什么都能办到 |
[06:28] | Literally no rules apply to me. | 世间没有规矩能束缚我 |
[06:31] | It was true. For my mom, | 是真的 对我妈而言 |
[06:32] | making me prom king meant nothing was off limits. | 让我当上舞会之王意味着无所不用其极 |
[06:35] | We legally change your name to “Prom King.” | 我们把你的名字正式改成”舞会之王” |
[06:38] | People will check it on the ballot ’cause they’re dumb. | 人们看到选票会信以为真 因为他们蠢 |
[06:40] | We have one of my bras sticking out of your backpack. | 让人们看到你背包里有我的文胸 |
[06:43] | I’m thinking my black lacy one, | 我想用黑色蕾丝那个 |
[06:45] | but you pick your favorite. | 但你选你最喜欢的 |
[06:46] | We use a cool new student, Don Steele, | 我们让很酷的新生唐・斯蒂尔 |
[06:48] | to split the popular vote. | 分掉校草的票 |
[06:50] | Don Steele’s secret? | 唐・斯蒂尔的秘密是 |
[06:52] | He’s me. | 他就是我 |
[06:53] | Those are technically options and also some crimes. | 这些严格来讲也算办法 有些不合法 |
[06:56] | Could you guys be quiet? | 你们安静点行吗 |
[06:57] | I’m trying to watch M.A.S.H. | 我要看《陆军野战医院》 |
[06:59] | They say it’s a comedy, so I-I guess it is. | 人们都说这是喜剧 那就算喜剧吧 |
[07:01] | Murray, your child is in crisis. | 默里 你的孩子遇到危机了 |
[07:03] | What are you talking about? | 你在胡说什么 |
[07:05] | He’s going with the most popular girl in school. | 他要跟最有人气的女孩去舞会 |
[07:07] | Therefore, he’s popular. | 因此他也有人气 |
[07:08] | – It does? – Yeah. Kids are morons. | -是这样吗 -当然 孩子们都是白痴 |
[07:10] | They see you with that girl, | 他们看到你跟那女孩在一起 |
[07:12] | then they think you’re special, | 就会觉得你很特别 |
[07:14] | and before you know it, | 没等你反应过来 |
[07:15] | you’re elected captain of the dance. | 你已经被选为舞会头头了 |
[07:17] | It’s not that easy, Murray. | 没有那么简单 默里 |
[07:18] | But Dad’s saying it is, which fits with my agenda. | 但老爸说很简单 而且那样正合我意 |
[07:21] | By tomorrow, I’ll be sitting on that prom court! | 到了明天 舞会就是我的天下了 |
[07:23] | Well, for your sake, I hope so. | 为了你 但愿如此 |
[07:25] | But if not, | 但假如没能如愿 |
[07:25] | you’ve got your pick of your mom’s bras. | 你只能去挑你妈的文胸了 |
[07:28] | Yeah, you’re a lucky boy. | 看你小子运气多好 |
[07:29] | While my dad was being unusually supportive of me, | 正当我爸很不寻常地支持我时 |
[07:32] | Erica’s attempts to be supportive of Geoff were unusual. | 爱丽卡试图支持杰夫的做法也很不寻常 |
[07:35] | Who says I don’t take care of my people, huh? | 谁说我照顾不好我的人 |
[07:37] | Geoff, for you, it’s PayDay! | 杰夫 给你 是发薪日 |
[07:39] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么 |
[07:41] | It’s like a chocolate bar | 跟巧克力棒差不多 |
[07:42] | – but without any chocolate. – Oh, good. | -但不含巧克力 -真好 |
[07:44] | Now I can wish for chocolate and more years with my dad. | 我期望老爸能多活几年时还没有巧克力吃 |
[07:46] | There you go. And Linda, you scored a Skor bar. | 没错 琳达 给你给力糖 |
[07:49] | Different spelling. | 只是谐音而已 |
[07:50] | I’m the best. | 我最棒了 |
[07:51] | Please, just let me sit here with my thoughts. | 拜托 请让我安静想事情 |
[07:53] | De-nied! | 不予批准 |
[07:55] | Who’s ready for my famous homemade chicken noodle soup? | 有谁想吃我的招牌自制鸡汤面 |
[07:58] | Famous? The only thing you’re famous for | 招牌 你唯一的招牌 |
[08:00] | is fighting one of those animatronic bears at ShowBiz Pizza. | 是在披萨店跟电子熊搏斗 |
[08:03] | And my soup. | 还有我的汤面 |
[08:04] | This smells so delicious. | 闻起来真香 |
[08:05] | It has a secret ingredient… Love. | 秘密食材是 爱 |
[08:08] | And beans and beef stock. | 还有豆子和牛肉高汤 |
[08:10] | Technically, it’s a chili. | 严格来讲 这算辣椒肉酱 |
[08:11] | Hi, Schwartz family. | 施瓦茨的家人 |
[08:12] | Just stopping by to say Lou is out of surgery | 我来通知你们卢已经做完手术了 |
[08:14] | and everything went great. | 全程都很顺利 |
[08:16] | – Oh, thank God. – He’s still recovering, | -谢天谢地 -他还在恢复 |
[08:18] | – but you can see him soon. – Not so fast. | -但你们很快就可以探望了 -先别走 |
[08:19] | I’m Mr. Future Dr. Barry Goldberg. | 我是未来医生巴瑞・金伯格先生 |
[08:21] | I’d like to know more about the procedure. | 我想知道手术的更多细节 |
[08:23] | I’m not sure we need the gory specifics. | 我们真的要听那些血腥的细节吗 |
[08:25] | It’s important we know exactly what Lou has been through | 这很重要 我们该知道卢具体经历了什么 |
[08:28] | so I can tailor my support strategy | 我才能按照他独特的康复之路 |
[08:29] | to his unique path to recovery. | 量身定做支持策略 |
[08:31] | Barry’s right. We should know. | 巴瑞说得对 我们应该知道 |
[08:33] | I-If you want to step out or something, it’s okay. | 假如你想离开的话 没关系的 |
[08:35] | I’m here. | 我留在这 |
[08:36] | I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked at Lou | 我数不清有多少次看着卢时 |
[08:38] | and wondered what goes on in there. | 好奇他的内部情况 |
[08:39] | Okay. First, | 好吧 首先 |
[08:39] | I made an eight-inch incision through the chest. | 我在胸部开了一个20厘米的切口 |
[08:43] | – You sure you wanna stay? – I’m lovin’ it. | -你确定要留下吗 -我听得很来劲 |
[08:45] | Then I used a bone saw to crack open the sternum. | 然后我用骨锯把胸骨锯开 |
[08:48] | For those of you keeping track, Lou is open. | 你们跟上了吗 卢被锯开了 |
[08:50] | Then I used a tool called a rib spreader. | 然后我用一种叫肋骨扩张器的工具 |
[08:53] | Oh, I’m never gonna eat at Tony Roma’s again. | 我再也不会吃排骨了 |
[08:55] | So, by this point, I am wrist-deep in chest cavity… | 到这时 我整只手都伸进胸腔 |
[08:58] | I’m down. | 我要倒了 |
[08:59] | As Erica couldn’t handle the doctor, | 正当爱丽卡承受不住医生的话时 |
[09:00] | it was time to see if I had a shot at becoming prom king. | 我即将得知我有没有机会成为舞会之王 |
[09:04] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[09:05] | You really thought you had a chance, bro? | 你真以为自己有机会吗 老兄 |
[09:06] | My dad lazily implied | 我爸懒散地暗示 |
[09:08] | that Brea’s popularity would rub off on me. | 我会沾染布瑞亚的人气 |
[09:10] | It did not. | 并没有 |
[09:10] | This is okay. I’m still going with Brea, | 没关系 我仍旧会和布瑞亚一起去 |
[09:12] | and we’re gonna have a great time. | 我们会玩得很开心 |
[09:13] | To paraphrase Cher’s character in Moonstruck… | 我模仿一下雪儿在《月色撩人》中的角色 |
[09:16] | Snap out of it! | 清醒点吧 |
[09:17] | There’s my handsome prom date. | 我帅气的舞伴在这 |
[09:19] | – You ready for lunch? – Big time! | -去吃午餐吗 -等不急了 |
[09:20] | As Brea took my hand, | 当布瑞亚握住我的手 |
[09:21] | I realized I had nothing to worry about. | 我发觉自己没什么可担心的 |
[09:24] | Of course we were equals! | 我们当然是平等的 |
[09:25] | And all our peers would see it the same way. | 我们所有的同级生都会这么看 |
[09:28] | Hey, Brea! You got prom queen locked up! | 布瑞亚 你肯定当选舞会女王 |
[09:30] | And me locked down! | 还追到了我 |
[09:31] | No one’s talking to you, freshman. | 我没跟你说话 新生 |
[09:32] | – Junior! – Nah. That’s not right. | -高三生 -不可能 |
[09:34] | I think I know what grade I’m in, thank you. | 我知道我读几年级 谢谢您了 |
[09:36] | Turns out, maybe I did have something to worry about. | 原来我的担心也不是没有理由的 |
[09:38] | Hey, Brea, let’s talk about the prom after-party | 布瑞亚 等你带这个新生参观完学校 |
[09:40] | when you’re done giving this new student a tour. | 来商量一下舞会后的庆祝派对 |
[09:42] | Walls, I go here! | 沃尔斯 我是你同学 |
[09:44] | We shared a motel room | 学校去州首府旅行时 |
[09:45] | on that school trip to the state capital! | 咱俩住同一个旅馆房间 |
[09:46] | Damn. That you, Night Light? | 见鬼 是你啊 小夜灯 |
[09:49] | Yes, and moving on! | 是我 换话题 |
[09:50] | Hey, prom queen! You wanna roll with me? | 舞会女王 想做我的舞伴吗 |
[09:52] | I got a couple of dates, but, uh, I’ll ditch them. | 我有好多舞伴 但我可以甩掉她们 |
[09:54] | That’s really sweet. But I’m going with Adam Goldberg. | 你真贴心 但我要跟亚当・金伯格一起去 |
[09:57] | – Doesn’t ring a bell. – It’s me! | -没印象 -是我 |
[09:58] | This is kind of a private conversation, bro. | 你打扰我们的私人对话了 老兄 |
[10:00] | We’re holding hands! | 我跟她牵着手呢 |
[10:01] | And you’re squeezing really hard. | 你握得太紧了 |
[10:02] | Let go of her, dude. You don’t even know her. | 放开她 哥们 你根本不认识她 |
[10:04] | See you at the prom, Brea. | 舞会见 布瑞亚 |
[10:05] | Yep, I had to do something. | 没错 我必须做点什么 |
[10:07] | – Mama, make me king! – Done! | -妈妈 送我上王座 -搞定 |
[10:09] | She didn’t even take off her apron | 她连围裙都没摘 |
[10:11] | and there’s still a pan on the stove! | 炉子上还热着锅呢 |
[10:13] | She takes care of her kids. | 她在乎她的孩子们 |
[10:14] | But history has proven | 但历史证明 |
[10:16] | when you involve your mom, it ends badly! | 你让你妈牵扯进来准没好下场 |
[10:18] | Haven’t you learned that by now? | 你至今都没学到这一课吗 |
[10:20] | You would think, but I’m gonna be king! | 是该学到了 但我要当王了 |
[10:26] | Erica was determined | 爱丽卡下定决心 |
[10:27] | to support Geoff in his time of need. | 在杰夫有需要时支持他 |
[10:29] | Unfortunately, she needed Barry. | 不幸的是 她需要巴瑞 |
[10:31] | Shouldn’t you be giving Geoff’s mom another foot rub? | 你没再去给杰夫的老妈揉脚吗 |
[10:33] | Which, by the way, | 顺带一提 |
[10:34] | was the most upsetting thing I saw at that hospital. | 那是我在那医院里见过的最恶心的事 |
[10:36] | I needed a lot of lotion. | 我用了好多乳液 |
[10:38] | It’s been a dry winter for Linda. | 琳达度过了一个干燥的冬天 |
[10:39] | Oh, my God. Are those Geoff’s BVDs? | 我的天 那些是杰夫的内裤吗 |
[10:41] | You may not be aware ’cause you’re off on Erica Island, | 你在爱丽卡小岛高高在上 或许没听说 |
[10:44] | but there’s news from the mainland | 但大陆传来消息 |
[10:46] | that Geoff’s dad has a heart issue. | 杰夫的老爸心脏病发了 |
[10:48] | I know! | 我知道 |
[10:49] | I also know that I suck as a caregiver. | 我还知道我很不会照顾人 |
[10:51] | But what makes me the most crazy | 但最让我发疯的是 |
[10:53] | is that you’re good at it. How? | 你居然很擅长 怎么会 |
[10:55] | I have full access to my explosive emotions at any time. | 我总情绪失控 能随时练习 |
[10:58] | I’ve seen you fight animals, birds. All God’s creatures. | 我见过你跟动物 小鸟 所有生物决斗 |
[11:00] | My space is my space. | 我的空间不容侵犯 |
[11:02] | But, on the upside, I can also feel deeply for others | 但好的一面是 不妨碍我在他人有需要时 |
[11:05] | in a time of great need. | 深深关爱他们 |
[11:06] | I can’t believe I’m asking you this, | 真不敢相信我在请教你 |
[11:07] | but can you teach me? | 但你能教我吗 |
[11:09] | Erica, the answer to your troubles is TEEF. | 爱丽卡 你难题的答案是”悌抚” |
[11:11] | Are you trying to say the word “teeth”? | 你是想说”地府”吗 |
[11:13] | Teef. | 悌抚 |
[11:14] | Stands for Tone, Eye contact, Empathy, and Food. | 展开来说是语气 眼神交流 共情和食物 |
[11:17] | You do know the word “feet” is right there for ya. | 为什么不用”附体”做缩写 |
[11:19] | Let’s jump in with both TEEF. | 我们开始讲解悌抚技巧吧 |
[11:21] | First, tone. | 首先是语气 |
[11:23] | Observe. | 观察我 |
[11:24] | Pops, I have some very upsetting news. | 老爷子 我有非常难过的消息 |
[11:26] | We’re out of cream cheese. | 咱家没有奶油芝士了 |
[11:27] | Oh, no. I had a hankering, | 不 我特别想吃 |
[11:29] | but the way you said it made it all okay. | 但你的语气让我不那么难过了 |
[11:31] | I’ll just use butter and jam. | 我用黄油和果酱好了 |
[11:33] | Now the second E… Empathy. | 接下来展开第三点 共情 |
[11:35] | What happened to the first E? | 第二点呢 |
[11:36] | There’s an order to this. | 我内心自有顺序 |
[11:37] | Pops, I once ran out of cream cheese, too. | 老爷子 我也经历过奶油芝士吃光的时候 |
[11:41] | I empathize. | 我懂 |
[11:43] | I’m not so alone on this journey. | 我在这段旅程上不是孤独一人 |
[11:45] | Can you go faster? | 能快点吗 |
[11:46] | That brings me to the first E… | 这引出了第二点 |
[11:48] | Eye contact. | 眼神交流 |
[11:49] | Pops, let my eyes tell you | 老爷子 让我用眼神告诉你 |
[11:51] | I’m here for you during this difficult cream cheese time. | 在这没有奶油芝士的艰难日子里 你有我 |
[11:55] | Your big, wet peepers are incredibly intense and off-putting, | 你湿漉漉的大眼睛极度让人不适 |
[11:58] | but then it kinda settles. | 可慢慢我就习惯了 |
[12:00] | And next is food. | 接下来是食物 |
[12:01] | I’m talking about nourishment for the body and soul. | 我指的是滋养身体和灵魂 |
[12:04] | Cream cheese? You did it, Barry! | 奶油芝士 你做到了 巴瑞 |
[12:07] | You got me through this! | 你帮我度过了这个难关 |
[12:08] | No, he didn’t! He created a cream cheese crisis | 他没有 他一手造出奶油芝士的危机 |
[12:11] | so he could solve it! | 好让自己做英雄 |
[12:12] | And yet I feel better. | 可我感觉好多了 |
[12:14] | Erica, you should get in on this TEEF thing. | 爱丽卡 你该学学悌抚这套做法 |
[12:17] | I got nothing less insane. | 这再疯狂不过了 |
[12:18] | I’m gonna go find Geoff. | 我要去找杰夫 |
[12:19] | And, uh, give him these for me. | 帮我把这些带给他 |
[12:20] | How did you get his T-shirts so soft? | 你怎么能让他的上衣这么柔软 |
[12:23] | Same way I get my hair so soft… Fabric softener. | 衣物柔顺剂 我柔软的秀发也用 |
[12:25] | While Barry was saving the day, | 当巴瑞拯救大局时 |
[12:26] | my mom was coming to my rescue. | 我妈正在拯救我 |
[12:28] | Thank you for seeing me on such short notice. | 谢谢你接到通知就肯见我 |
[12:30] | You were sitting in here when I walked in, | 我走进来时你就坐在这 |
[12:32] | so that was no notice at all. | 根本没有通知 |
[12:34] | And then I when I asked you to leave, you said, | 然后我叫你离开 你说 |
[12:36] | “I’m not your hair.” | “我又不是你的头发” |
[12:38] | Now down to business. | 该说正事了 |
[12:39] | Adam needs to be prom king. | 亚当必须当上舞会之王 |
[12:41] | The voting’s already done. He got zero! | 投票已经结束了 他零票 |
[12:43] | He didn’t even vote for himself! | 连他自己都没选自己 |
[12:44] | Then just lose the prom court. | 那就取消加冕环节 |
[12:46] | Do the popular kids really need to be crowned? | 有人气的孩子们还需要被加冕吗 |
[12:49] | I mean, what kind of message does that send to the others? | 那给其他孩子们传递了怎样的信息 |
[12:51] | – Suck less? – Be beautiful on the outside. | -别那么逊 -颜值王道 |
[12:53] | And isn’t it your duty to protect those kids? | 保护那些孩子难道不是你的职责吗 |
[12:56] | My only duty is to my cats and the Freemasons. | 我唯一的职责是我的猫和共济会 |
[12:58] | And crowning the prom king and queen is tradition. | 给舞会之王和女王加冕是传统 |
[13:01] | A tradition of unfairness. | 不公平的传统 |
[13:03] | I bet your proms weren’t so great. | 我打赌你当年的舞会很不开心 |
[13:05] | I didn’t even go to mine. | 我根本没去 |
[13:06] | The six girls I asked all said no | 我邀请的六个女生都拒绝了 |
[13:07] | in various cruel and elaborate ways. | 拒绝的方式精巧残忍各不相同 |
[13:10] | It was like a game for them. | 就像她们在比赛一样 |
[13:11] | I went to my prom, and it was a lovely time. | 我当年去了舞会 玩得很开心 |
[13:14] | We drank punch, we danced, | 我们喝宾治酒 跳舞 |
[13:15] | and then we went back to our dormitories at our all-boys school. | 然后回到了男校宿舍 |
[13:19] | See? Life is unfair. | 你瞧 生活很不公平 |
[13:20] | The prom shouldn’t make it worse. | 舞会不该让它更不公平 |
[13:22] | That makes sense. | 很有道理 |
[13:24] | This is a Quaker school. | 这是间贵格学校 |
[13:25] | We shouldn’t endorse any tradition | 我们不该支持那些 |
[13:27] | that makes the uggos feel bad. | 让丑逼难受的传统 |
[13:29] | So you’ll do away with the prom court? | 所以你会取消加冕环节 |
[13:31] | I’m killin’ the prom altogether. | 我要取消整场舞会 |
[13:32] | – xxx xxxx you say? – You’re right. | -你他妈说啥 -你说得对 |
[13:34] | Prom… Bad. | 舞会 坏坏 |
[13:35] | – No prom… Good. – No, no, no. | -没有舞会 棒棒 -不不不 |
[13:37] | You play with fire, you get Woodburned! | 你玩火 就会被老师烧 |
[13:39] | Technically, she just got Balled. | 严格来讲 烧到秃头了 |
[13:41] | Look out, world, Dale and Earl are swingin’ back! | 世界小心了 戴尔和厄尔反击了 |
[13:43] | My mom had overcorrected. | 我妈矫枉过正 |
[13:45] | Her only hope was I wouldn’t be too upset. | 她唯一的希望是我不会太生气 |
[13:47] | You got my xxxxxxx prom cancelled? | 你害我的舞会他妈的取消了 |
[13:49] | It’s not a complete loss. | 也不完全是坏事 |
[13:50] | They did replace it with… | 他们策划了替代节目 |
[13:52] | “The Egalitarian Quaker Gathering of Friends”? | “平等主义贵格教友聚会” |
[13:54] | What the hell even is that? | 这究竟是什么玩意 |
[13:56] | It is exactly like a prom, | 跟舞会完全一样 |
[13:58] | except there’s no dates or music, | 除了没有舞伴和音乐 |
[13:59] | and it’s in the late afternoon. | 活动在下午举行 |
[14:01] | That’s a school assembly! | 那就是学校集合 |
[14:02] | Like when McGruff the Crime Dog came to talk about safety, | 像犯罪犬麦格拉夫来做安全教育那次一样 |
[14:05] | but wouldn’t stop frisking me. | 他还一直搜我的身 |
[14:07] | But now you and Brea are equals. | 但现在你跟布瑞亚平等了 |
[14:09] | And isn’t that the happy takeaway here? | 那不是好的一面吗 |
[14:11] | Screw this noise, I’m walkin’ home. | 不听你鬼扯了 我要走回家 |
[14:13] | No! I’ll get you two proms! | 别 我给你办两场舞会 |
[14:15] | You’ve done enough. I’m gonna handle this myself. | 你做的够多了 我要自己解决 |
[14:16] | As I tried to undo my mom’s damage, | 正当我试图弥补我妈搞的破坏时 |
[14:19] | Erica set out to do right by Geoff. | 爱丽卡正要弥补杰夫 |
[14:21] | Thanks, hon. I needed a break from the hospital. | 谢了 亲爱的 我需要离开医院喘口气 |
[14:23] | There was a baby in the maternity ward | 产房里有个婴儿 |
[14:25] | that had a full head of black hair. | 满头乌黑秀发 |
[14:26] | Like a tiny anchorman. It was very unsettling. | 像小主持人似的 特别毛骨悚然 |
[14:29] | Life’s a rainbow of possibilities. Now let’s do this thing. | 可能性非常多 但我们先野餐吧 |
[14:31] | Starting with food! | 先从食物开始 |
[14:33] | Boom! Comfort hoagie flying in! | 安抚专用特大号三明治来了 |
[14:36] | That was way more corned beef than I was ready for! | 我没准备好吃这么多咸牛肉 |
[14:39] | And pickle spears, slaw, and sauerkraut. | 还有酸黄瓜条 卷心菜沙拉和酸菜 |
[14:42] | I got you! | 有我在 |
[14:43] | You know what’d be nice after I choke down all this cabbage… | 你知道强塞进这么多白菜后我想要什么吗 |
[14:46] | Just a quiet moment where I don’t really have to think and… | 什么都不想的安静一刻 |
[14:48] | What are you doing now? | 你这又是做什么 |
[14:49] | Making soothing eye contact. | 抚慰性的眼神交流 |
[14:50] | But you’re laser-ing through my soul! It hurts! | 可你双目的激光射穿了我的灵魂 好痛 |
[14:52] | Good, you’re raw and ready. | 很好 你的原始情绪准备好了 |
[14:53] | Here comes some empathy. | 让我来与你共情 |
[14:54] | I thought we were just gonna sit on this blanket. | 我们不是只在垫子上坐坐吗 |
[14:56] | It’s all going to be okay, Geoffrey. | 一切都会好起来的 杰夫 |
[14:58] | What is that voice? | 你的声音是怎么回事 |
[14:59] | It’s an unwavering and understanding tone. | 这是一种坚定和理解的语气 |
[15:01] | It conveys safety. | 传达了安全感 |
[15:02] | It conveys Darth Vader. | 传达了黑武士感 |
[15:03] | Damn it, I’m sorry. I just was trying to comfort you. | 见鬼 对不起 我只是想安抚你 |
[15:07] | Clearly I don’t know what I’m doing, | 我显然不知道自己在做什么 |
[15:08] | so if you need someone, just call Barry. | 你要是需要安抚就找巴瑞吧 |
[15:11] | I-I would. But he’s with my mom. | 我也想 但他在陪我妈 |
[15:12] | He promised her a Barry day. | 他保证陪她一整天 |
[15:14] | While Erica’s plan to comfort Geoff fell short, | 正当爱丽卡安抚杰夫的计划失败时 |
[15:16] | I had come too far to let anything get in the way of my prom. | 我已无法回头 不能让任何事阻止我去舞会 |
[15:19] | Ball, we need to talk! | 鲍尔 我们得谈谈 |
[15:20] | No need to thank me. | 不必谢我 |
[15:21] | Canceling prom is my gift to you | 取消舞会是我的礼物 送给你 |
[15:23] | and…all those like you. | 和那些跟你一样的孩子 |
[15:25] | It’s a dork present. For you! | 是呆瓜大礼 给你的 |
[15:26] | Thanks for the translation. | 多谢你翻译 |
[15:28] | But I actually have a prom date. | 但我其实有舞伴 |
[15:30] | Let me guess… | 让我猜猜 |
[15:30] | She’s a camp friend no one has ever seen? | 是你露营时认识的 没人见过她 |
[15:32] | I did the work for you, buddy. | 我帮你省麻烦了 老弟 |
[15:34] | Relax. | 别紧张 |
[15:35] | But I’m going to prom with Brea Bee! | 可我要跟布瑞亚・碧去舞会 |
[15:37] | And Lynda Carter and I | 我也要跟神奇女侠 |
[15:38] | are going camping in the Delaware Water Gap. | 去德拉瓦河谷露营 |
[15:40] | No! Brea and I are dating, | 不是啦 布瑞亚和我在交往 |
[15:41] | and this prom was the thing that was gonna cement us as a couple. | 这次舞会能让人们认同我和她是一对 |
[15:43] | If I had taken someone like Brea Bee to my prom, | 假如我能带布瑞亚・碧那样的女生去舞会 |
[15:45] | I would’ve been unstoppable. | 我就能所向披靡 |
[15:47] | Or at least not travel with a coupon folder. | 或者至少不会带一夹子优惠券出门 |
[15:49] | And I could’ve been President of these United States. | 我则能成为美国总统 |
[15:52] | Sure, Reagan takes California, | 里根拿下加州又怎样 |
[15:54] | but the rest of those dominoes fall Ball’s way. | 其余所有骨牌都会倒向我鲍尔这边 |
[15:57] | And now I have a chance not to end up like either of you. | 现在我有机会 不变成你们这样 |
[15:59] | Isn’t that worth fighting for? | 难道这不值得抗争吗 |
[16:01] | I’d made my case. | 我要说的都说了 |
[16:02] | Yeah, it was a long shot, | 确实 机会渺茫 |
[16:03] | but this would be a win for geeks everywhere. | 但这对全天下的极客来说都会是一场胜利 |
[16:06] | Attention, students, prom is back on. | 全体学生注意 舞会不取消了 |
[16:10] | You can just do that? | 这么随便吗 |
[16:11] | I’m principal. I have unchecked power. | 我是校长 谁也管不了我 |
[16:14] | Attention, students, prom is off again. | 全体学生注意 舞会又取消了 |
[16:17] | Just kidding. It’s on. | 开玩笑的 不取消了 |
[16:19] | It’s a rollercoaster, but I’ll take it. | 大起大落 但我能接受 |
[16:20] | – Brea, did you hear? – About prom? | -布瑞亚 你听说了吗 -舞会的事 |
[16:22] | – Yeah, those announcements were super weird. – Yeah. | -听说了 广播通知很奇怪 -是啊 |
[16:25] | But I got it un-cancelled. So now it’s all good. | 当我阻止了舞会取消 现在没事了 |
[16:27] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[16:28] | ‘Cause there’s this rumor that you were the one | 因为有流言说最开始是你 |
[16:30] | that got it cancelled in the first place. | 害舞会取消的 |
[16:32] | No. | 才不是 |
[16:33] | It was my mom. | 是我妈 |
[16:35] | She went rogue. | 她失控了 |
[16:36] | – At my request. – At your request? | -因为我求她 -你求她 |
[16:38] | I was a little worried that you were gonna become prom queen. | 我当时有点担心你会成为舞会女王 |
[16:41] | Wh… A-And you’d have a problem with that? | 你不希望那样吗 |
[16:42] | No. | 不是的 |
[16:43] | But sure. | 但也对 |
[16:45] | I mean, there’s always a chance | 因为有可能 |
[16:46] | you were gonna get whisked away by the king | 你突然被舞会之王夺走 |
[16:48] | and then pulled into his Doctor Detroit-style limo | 被他拉进超级豪华轿车 |
[16:50] | with a hot tub in the back, right? | 车后座还有热浴盆 |
[16:51] | That’s what you think is gonna happen? | 你觉得会发生那种事 |
[16:52] | I’m not sure about the hot tub. | 热浴盆的事我拿不准 |
[16:53] | That might not even be street legal. | 那可能不合法 |
[16:55] | I mean, the weight of the water alone. | 水不会超重吗 |
[16:56] | If that’s what you really think of me, | 假如你真的那样看我 |
[16:58] | then I don’t even want to go to prom with you. | 我根本不想跟你去舞会了 |
[17:02] | *Jitterbug* | *吉特巴舞* |
[17:06] | Since I wasn’t going to my real prom, | 既然不能去真正的舞会 |
[17:07] | I sought comfort in some prom-themed entertainment. | 我在舞会主题的电影中寻求安慰 |
[17:10] | Why are there a bunch of people on my screen | 为什么我的屏幕上有很多乱七八糟的人 |
[17:12] | and none of them are Cagney and Lacey? | 还没有一个是《美国警花》 |
[17:13] | Because it’s Pretty in Pink. | 因为这是《红粉佳人》 |
[17:14] | There’s a crime. Look at that kid’s dumb hair. | 那孩子的发型蠢得犯罪 |
[17:17] | That’s Duckie. | 那是达奇 |
[17:17] | He doesn’t end up with the girl, either. | 他最后也没得到心爱的女孩 |
[17:19] | So, why doesn’t Dookie fight for the girl? | 达鸡为什么不争取她 |
[17:21] | Because she clearly wants to be with Blane. | 因为她显然想跟布莱恩在一起 |
[17:22] | So, you want to be like Blaze, | 这么说你想做布莱兹 |
[17:24] | but you’re more like Duffy? | 但你更像达飞 |
[17:26] | It’s Blane and Duckie. But yeah. | 是布莱恩和达奇 但没错 |
[17:28] | I think you’re more like that one | 我觉得你更像那个 |
[17:29] | with the Ronald McDonald hair. | 留麦当劳叔叔发型的人 |
[17:31] | – You mean Molly Ringwald? – Melanie Grizwald. | -你是指莫利・林沃德 -莫林・咯吱窝 |
[17:32] | Molly. Ringwald. | 莫利・林沃德 |
[17:34] | – I don’t hear a difference. – You should. | -我没听出哪不一样 -你该看耳科了 |
[17:36] | Yeah, well… She just shows up | 随便吧 她去了舞会 |
[17:38] | and everything worked out, just like it can for you. | 一切问题都解决了 你也可以那样 |
[17:40] | I don’t know, prom already started. | 我说不好 舞会已经开始了 |
[17:42] | Didn’t stop Mopsy Rainbird. | 墨迹・芮波波就去了 |
[17:43] | Dad, I appreciate it, | 爸 我谢谢你 |
[17:45] | but life doesn’t work out like in the movies. | 但生活哪有电影那么美好 |
[17:47] | Usually not. | 通常没有 |
[17:48] | But every once in a while, you get a movie moment. | 但偶尔会有电影般的一刻 |
[17:50] | And whether you do something with it… | 你是否要抓住机会 |
[17:52] | Well, that’s up to you. | 取决于你 |
[17:53] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[17:56] | Sure, the names were crazy off, | 是啊 他说名字时错得离谱 |
[17:58] | but my dad’s advice was spot-on. | 但我爸的建议却精准得很 |
[18:00] | Every now and then, the guy knew what he was doing. | 他偶尔也是很上道的 |
[18:02] | Did you say all that just so you could watch Cagney & Lacey? | 你说那么多都是为了看《美国警花》吗 |
[18:05] | I can have more than one motivation. | 我就不能有多重动机吗 |
[18:07] | You’re a good dad. | 你是个好爸爸 |
[18:09] | And a good husband. | 也是个好丈夫 |
[18:11] | Sometimes we’re in this together. | 我们偶尔也要合作一下 |
[18:13] | And for my mom and dad, | 对我爸妈而言 |
[18:15] | doing things together did the trick. | 合作非常有效 |
[18:16] | As for me, I was on my own, | 至于我 则要靠自己 |
[18:19] | but thanks to my parents, I knew what I had to do. | 但多亏我的父母 我知道该做些什么 |
[18:30] | Brea, we need to talk. | 布瑞亚 我们得聊聊 |
[18:32] | About how you thought | 聊你一直觉得 |
[18:33] | I was gonna ditch you the first chance I got? | 我一有机会就会甩了你 |
[18:36] | I asked you, remember? | 是我邀请的你 记得吗 |
[18:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:39] | I’m an idiot. | 我是笨蛋 |
[18:41] | And also, holy crap, you look amazing. | 另外 我的天 你太美了 |
[18:43] | It’s not gonna be that easy. | 我没这么好哄 |
[18:44] | I also know I got caught up in all the wrong things. | 我还知道 我担心的事都是错的 |
[18:48] | It’s not about how popular you are. | 这与你有多少人气无关 |
[18:50] | All that matters is that I’m with you. | 唯一重要的是 我在跟你交往 |
[18:52] | That’s in the right direction. | 大方向没找错 |
[18:53] | And I don’t care about what other people think of me. | 我不在乎别人怎么看我 |
[18:56] | What’s important is what you think of me. | 重要的是你怎么看我 |
[18:59] | The girl of my dreams. | 你是我的梦中情人 |
[19:02] | I’m starting to remember why I asked you. | 我开始想起为什么要邀请你了 |
[19:04] | This time, I’m asking you. | 这次换我邀请你 |
[19:08] | Brea Bee, will you please be my prom date? | 布瑞亚・碧 请你做我的舞伴好吗 |
[19:13] | Yes, a million times yes. | 我愿意 一百万次都愿意 |
[19:17] | And with that, my prom was saved. | 就这样 我拯救了我的舞会 |
[19:20] | It just took trusting my gut and being honest. | 无非是听从直觉 坦诚一些 |
[19:22] | Turns out, that’s all you got to do | 原来 对你在乎的人们而言 |
[19:24] | for the ones you care about. | 这样就足够了 |
[19:27] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[19:28] | Need some help? | 需要帮助吗 |
[19:30] | I was trying to make these cookies for you, but… | 我想给你烤些饼干 不过 |
[19:32] | Why am I so awful at this? | 我为什么做得这么糟糕 |
[19:34] | – You’re not. – I really am. | -你不糟糕 -我真的很糟 |
[19:36] | Geoff, look at us. We’re playing house. | 杰夫 看看我们 只是在过家家 |
[19:39] | We live together, | 我们一起生活 |
[19:40] | but the first time a real adult thing comes up, | 但第一次遇到真正的大人的问题 |
[19:42] | I can’t help you. | 我却帮不到你 |
[19:43] | No one can. Something terrible happened. | 没人能帮我 毕竟发生了这么大的意外 |
[19:45] | And the hospital’s horrible. It makes everyone uncomfortable. | 在医院待着很难受 让所有人都不舒服 |
[19:47] | Not Barry. | 巴瑞就没有 |
[19:49] | It’s well established that Barry’s not like other people. | 我们都很了解巴瑞有异于常人 |
[19:52] | And I don’t need you to be Barry. | 我不需要你像巴瑞一样 |
[19:55] | I don’t need you to say or do anything. | 我不需要你说什么做什么 |
[19:56] | I just need you to be there. | 我只需要你陪着我 |
[19:58] | Just be there? That’s it? | 陪着你 就这样吗 |
[19:59] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[20:01] | That’s enough to make me feel better. | 这就足够安抚我了 |
[20:02] | I can do that. | 这我能做到 |
[20:05] | It’s easy to get in our own heads, | 我们很容易想太多 |
[20:07] | but then you remember that the best thing | 但接着你又想起 你能为心爱之人 |
[20:09] | you can do for the people you love | 所做的最棒的事 |
[20:10] | is just show up. | 就是去陪着他们 |
[20:16] | The thing is, life isn’t about | 是这样的 生活的真谛 |
[20:17] | who we think we’re supposed to be | 不在于我们以为该跟谁在一起 |
[20:19] | or how we’re supposed to act. | 或是我们本该做些什么 |
[20:21] | It’s about allowing the people we love | 而是在于让我们的挚爱 |
[20:23] | to bring out the best in us. | 帮我们成为最好的自己 |
[20:24] | – It’s late. – I’m not going anywhere. | -很晚了 -我就在这陪你 |
[20:27] | From life’s toughest moments… | 从生活中最艰难的时刻 |
[20:31] | to the sweetest ones… | 到最甜蜜的时刻 |
[20:44] | Life can be pretty in any color. | 生活的所有色彩都是美丽的 |
[20:47] | Yep, as time goes by, the details get fuzzy, | 是啊 随着时间流逝 细节都记不清了 |
[20:49] | but one thing’s never been clearer… | 但有一件事再清楚不过 |
[20:51] | It was 1980-something, and it was awesome. | 那是一九八几年 一切都棒极了 |
[20:58] | Welcome to the prom. | 欢迎参加舞会 |
[21:04] | No!!! The Flyers lost! | 不 飞人队输了 |
[21:07] | You suck, Ron Hextall! | 你逊毙了 罗恩・海克斯涛 |
[21:08] | It’s okay, Big Tasty. It’s just a game. | 没事的 大甜甜 不过是场比赛 |
[21:11] | Barry’s trying to TEEF himself. | 巴瑞想悌抚自己 |
[21:12] | No way. It can’t be done. | 不可能 他做不到的 |
[21:14] | -Look at me. – He’s really lockin’ eyes with himself. | -看着我 -他和自己四目相对 |
[21:16] | We’ve been there before, but this too shall pass. | 我们是过来人了 这次也会挺过去的 |
[21:19] | He really feels for himself. | 他真的很同情自己 |
[21:20] | Yeah, but he needs food to finish the job, | 是啊 但他需要食物来完成流程 |
[21:22] | and we’re out of popcorn. | 而爆米花都吃光了 |
[21:23] | It’s all kernels! | 只剩没爆开的了 |
[21:26] | I hate you, Flyers! | 我恨你们 飞人队 |
[21:27] | And…he’s learned nothing. | 他什么都没学到 |