时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, | 在八十年代 |
[00:00] | the first day of school wasn’t exactly magical for me. | 我在开学第一天通常不太愉快 |
[00:04] | Yep, getting bullied, hazed, | 没错 因为我是个极客 |
[00:05] | and generally tortured for being a geek had become a tradition. | 被欺负被威胁被折磨 已经成了传统 |
[00:08] | But this year felt different. | 但今年感觉不同 |
[00:11] | Adam? More like, A-Damn! | 亚当 帅当还差不多 |
[00:13] | I changed up my look over the summer, | 我在暑假过程中改变了外形 |
[00:15] | and it did not go unnoticed. | 人们都注意到了 |
[00:17] | Yo, Big Adam! AFG! | 大当 AFG |
[00:20] | Wow, so many new nicknames and none of them insulting | 这么多新外号 没有一个是侮辱人的 |
[00:22] | or about my gentleman’s cankles. | 也没笑话我的粗脚踝 |
[00:24] | Party at my place in an hour. | 一小时后去我家开派对 |
[00:25] | Uh, pretty sure we still have school in an hour, | 我很确定一小时后还没放学 |
[00:27] | but I love the invite. | 但多谢你邀请我 |
[00:28] | There’s the prettiest girl in school. | 原来校花在这 |
[00:31] | Well, I think you’re the prettest boy in school. | 我觉得你是校草 |
[00:33] | My mom does say I have a long torso like Cheryl Tiegs. | 我妈总说我有雪浓·提格丝一般的长身子 |
[00:35] | I know she does. | 我知道她总说 |
[00:37] | See you at lunch. | 午餐时见 |
[00:38] | What in the Oprah Show Miracle Makeover is this? | 简直像奥普拉脱口秀上的奇迹大改造 |
[00:41] | Mr. Glascott. | 格拉斯科特老师 |
[00:42] | – How was your summer? – Terrible. | -暑假过得如何 -糟透了 |
[00:44] | As you know, guidance counseling isn’t very lucrative, | 你也知道 辅导员薪水不算丰厚 |
[00:46] | so I took a summer job mowing the local golf course. | 所以我暑假在本地高尔夫球场做除草工 |
[00:49] | I saw two alligators. | 我看到过两只短吻鳄 |
[00:50] | I had a magical summer with my foxy girlfriend. | 我和性感女友度过了美妙暑假 |
[00:53] | – Thanks for asking. – I didn’t. | -多谢关心 -我没有 |
[00:55] | Why do you look so different? | 你为什么看起来如此不同 |
[00:57] | Did somebody finally punch those glasses off your face? | 眼镜终于被人揍飞了吗 |
[00:59] | I got contact lenses. | 我换了隐形眼镜 |
[01:00] | – And is that a salon job? – Nope. Just the sun. | -去发廊染发了吗 -没有 太阳晒得 |
[01:03] | I thought you were allergic to God’s warm life-giver. | 我还以为你对上天的温暖光芒过敏 |
[01:05] | Turns out that was just avocados. | 原来只是对牛油果过敏 |
[01:07] | It’s all so effortless and stylish. | 不刻意又很有型 |
[01:10] | As if you are no longer afraid of the world and everything in it. | 仿佛你已不再惧怕世界和世间一切 |
[01:14] | That’s probably the self-defense class I took with my mom. | 或许是因为我跟我妈上的自卫课 |
[01:16] | It was quite a summer. | 这暑假发生了很多事 |
[01:17] | Well, a gator took one of my sport loafers, | 我有一只运动休闲鞋被短吻鳄叼走了 |
[01:19] | so we all got things. | 好像谁没事似的 |
[01:23] | Sorry, sir. We’ll be on our way. | 抱歉 先生 我们这就让路 |
[01:25] | Dave Kim, it’s me. Adam. | 金戴夫 是我 亚当 |
[01:26] | Oh, I didn’t recognize you with your healthy posture. | 你体态这么好我都没认出来 |
[01:28] | Yep. Turns out confidence and self-worth | 是啊 原来自信和自我价值 |
[01:30] | are better than any orthopedic shoe. | 比任何矫正鞋都有用 |
[01:32] | Sounds like you and Brea had a great summer, | 看来你跟布瑞亚暑假过得很开心 |
[01:34] | but we missed you. | 不过我们很想你 |
[01:35] | Sorry about that, but we’re back together now, | 真不好意思 但现在我们重聚了 |
[01:37] | and we’re seniors! We rule! | 我们是高四生 我们说了算 |
[01:38] | Do we? My briefcase already smells like the garbage | 是吗 我的公文包已经有股垃圾味了 |
[01:41] | the cool kids make me put in it. | 酷孩子们逼我扔进了垃圾堆 |
[01:42] | You really need to get a backpack. | 你真的该买个背包了 |
[01:43] | Mad-man Ad-man! | 疯人亚当 |
[01:45] | I see you found a new crop of freshmen to haze. | 看来你找到了一群新生来恐吓 |
[01:48] | I’ll take this one. | 这个归我了 |
[01:49] | Stop! You know me. | 住手 我们认识的 |
[01:50] | Our moms work at the same firm. | 我们老妈在同一家公司工作 |
[01:51] | – What’s happening? – What’s happening is you’re cool. | -什么情况 -情况是你变酷了 |
[01:53] | Oh, come on, Dave Kim. | 拜托 金戴夫 |
[01:55] | It’s Adam Goldberg, a classic nerd. | 我是亚当·金伯格 班上的宅男 |
[01:57] | “Nanu-nanu.” | “纳努纳努”[《默克与明蒂》] |
[01:58] | “Goonies never say die.” | “七宝永不停息”[《七宝奇谋》] |
[02:00] | “Wax-on wax-off.” | “上蜡 刮蜡”[《空手道小子》] |
[02:01] | You hang out with the jocks, | 你跟校队的一起玩 |
[02:02] | you’re dating Brea Bee, | 你在和布瑞亚·碧交往 |
[02:04] | and the sun dances on your hair like Christmas morning. | 阳光在你发梢舞动 犹如圣诞节的清晨 |
[02:06] | – Face it, you’re cool. – Please. | -面对现实吧 你变酷了 -拜托 |
[02:08] | There’s no difference between you and me. | 你我之间毫无差别 |
[02:10] | – Trash day. – This turtleneck is a classic! | -垃圾回收日 -这件高领衫是典藏款 |
[02:12] | They don’t make it in “tickle me pink” anymore! | “挑逗粉红”已经停产了 |
[02:29] | It was fall 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的秋日 |
[02:31] | and with school starting, | 由于学校开学 |
[02:32] | my mom was getting used to being alone. | 我妈已经习惯了独自一人 |
[02:34] | Looks like it’s just you and me, wet curds. | 看来只剩我们俩了 稀凝乳 |
[02:36] | Hey, I’m here, too. | 我也还在 |
[02:38] | I just miss our little munchkins so much. | 我只是好想念我们的小宝贝们 |
[02:40] | Oh, the summer’s raced by, | 暑假飞驰而过 |
[02:42] | we’ve barely seen them, | 我们还没看过他们几眼 |
[02:43] | and soon they’ll be back at school. | 很快他们就要回学校了 |
[02:45] | We really did it. | 我们真的熬出头了 |
[02:47] | – We’re back. – And you’ll never leave me, | -我们回来了 -并且永远不会离开我 |
[02:48] | and you’ll age backwards till you’re little babies, | 你们会逆生长成小宝宝 |
[02:50] | and we’ll start all over again? | 我们重新开始 |
[02:51] | What a haunting thought so early in the day. | 一大早就有这么恐怖的想法 |
[02:53] | We went to the driving range to hit golf balls. | 我们去高尔夫练习场打高尔夫球来着 |
[02:56] | I nailed the guy in the ball-tractor nine times. | 我打中了找球拖拉机驾驶九次 |
[02:58] | You were throwing them at him, Bar. | 因为你直接朝他们丢球 小巴 |
[02:59] | He has a bad job, and I made it worse. | 我让他的糟心工作更糟心了 |
[03:01] | But why aren’t you at your summer jobs? | 可你们为什么没去暑期工作 |
[03:03] | Mine ended. | 我被炒了 |
[03:04] | The manager at Hickory Farms questioned my work ethic. | 餐馆经理质疑我的职业道德 |
[03:06] | At least that’s what I heard. I wasn’t there. | 至少我是这么听说的 我当时翘班了 |
[03:08] | And my summer job | 而我的暑期单位 |
[03:09] | said the pool would be safer without me. | 说泳池没有我更安全 |
[03:11] | There’s a whole week before you go back to college. | 你们回大学前还有整整一周 |
[03:15] | That means my babies are back. | 这么说我的宝宝们回来了 |
[03:17] | We aren’t babies anymore. | 我们已经不是宝宝了 |
[03:18] | Damn right. I do all kinds of adult stuff. | 没错 我会做各种成年人做的事 |
[03:21] | Just the other day, I said, “I agree to disagree.” | 我前两天还说了”不敢苟同” |
[03:23] | I was there. He used it wrong. | 我在场 他用错了 |
[03:24] | – I agree to disagree. – Nice! | -不敢苟同 -对了耶 |
[03:26] | Well, until college starts again, | 直到大学再开学前 |
[03:28] | you’re not gonna need any of that stuff. | 你们都不需要做成年人的事了 |
[03:30] | All you need is your mama. | 你们只需要你们的妈妈 |
[03:32] | Starting with a three-meat breakfast fit for a king! | 先从王者享用的三重肉早餐开始 |
[03:37] | – I’m the king! – Quiet, Murray. | -我才是王 -闭嘴 默里 |
[03:39] | Our babies need their essential fats and nitrates. | 这是宝贝们必不可少的脂肪和硝酸盐 |
[03:42] | Yes! Bacon and links and pancake dippers? | 太棒了 培根 香肠 还有培根薄饼 |
[03:45] | Is this a breakfast pizza for one? | 这是一人食的早餐披萨吗 |
[03:48] | Yeah, this one. | 是的 我一人食 |
[03:49] | Dipper to Barry, Dipper to Barry, | 薄饼飞向巴瑞 薄饼飞向巴瑞 |
[03:52] | we’re ready to land in the hangar. | 飞机要在机库着陆了 |
[03:54] | The hangar is my mouth! | 机库就是我的嘴 |
[03:57] | Look at you two go. | 瞧瞧你们俩 |
[03:59] | Just a minute ago, you were independent young adults, | 一分钟前你们还是独立的成年青年 |
[04:01] | and now your mommy’s flying food | 现在你们老妈绕着你们的脸 |
[04:02] | around your face, and what is this? | 让食物飞来飞去 这又是干什么 |
[04:04] | Just rubbing my baby’s tootsies. | 不过是帮我宝贝揉揉脚 |
[04:06] | Get in there. Little circles. | 用力按 划小圈圈 |
[04:07] | I’m sorry, Mrs. G., but aren’t you worried that, | 不好意思 金太太 可难道你不担心 |
[04:09] | if you treat them like babies, | 假如你把他们当宝宝 |
[04:10] | they’ll regress into babies? | 他们会退化成宝宝吗 |
[04:11] | That’s the dream. | 那简直美梦成真 |
[04:13] | My schmoos are back in my sweet bosom. | 我的宝贝们重回我的甜美胸脯了 |
[04:15] | It’s gross, but it was a long year. | 是很恶心 但今年太漫长了 |
[04:17] | Let me have this. | 让我享受一下吧 |
[04:18] | Don’t screw this up for us, Schwartz, | 别因为你自己没妈 |
[04:20] | just because you don’t have a mom. | 就来坏我们的好事 施瓦茨 |
[04:21] | I have a mom. | 我有妈 |
[04:22] | Her name is Linda, and you know her well. | 她叫琳达 你们跟她很熟 |
[04:24] | I-I’m just saying maybe you should pump the brakes a little | 我只想说或许你该踩踩刹车 |
[04:27] | before this gets weird. | 以免情景过于诡异 |
[04:28] | She’s really poppin’ my toe knuckles. | 她按得我趾关节啪啪响 |
[04:30] | Now I get why you married her, Dad. | 现在我明白你为什么娶她了 爸 |
[04:32] | Yeah, I’m really living the dream. | 是啊 我梦想成真了 |
[04:34] | While Barry and Erica were moving backwards, | 正当巴瑞和爱丽卡大退步时 |
[04:36] | I was looking forward to seeing my old friends. | 我正期待见到我的老朋友们 |
[04:38] | What’s up, nerds? | 你们好吗 呆子们 |
[04:39] | I mean, fellow nerds. | 我是指 呆子同伴们 |
[04:41] | I mean, who wants to play the sequel we’ve all been waiting for, | 我是指 谁想玩我们等待许久的续作 |
[04:44] | Super Mario 2? | 《超级玛丽2》 |
[04:45] | We beat that months ago. | 我们几个月前就通关了 |
[04:47] | We’re on Super Mario 3 now. | 我们已经在玩《超级玛丽3》了 |
[04:48] | There’s an S.M.3? | 《超级玛丽》出了3 |
[04:49] | Not in America. | 美国没出 |
[04:51] | But my brother’s teaching English in Japan, | 但我哥在日本教英语 |
[04:52] | and he sent over a copy. | 他邮来了一版 |
[04:53] | We’ve been learning Japanese all summer to get ready for it. | 我们为了玩游戏 整个暑假都在学日语 |
[04:56] | You need to know Japanese to play? | 要看得懂日语才能玩吗 |
[05:01] | Wow, I really missed a lot. | 我真的错过了好多 |
[05:03] | You really did, dude. | 真的 哥们 |
[05:04] | Well, I’m here now, | 现在我来了 |
[05:04] | and I’m excited to fully hang with my nerd herd. | 我等不急要跟你们这群呆子一起玩了 |
[05:07] | I don’t know why I keep insulting you. | 我不知道我为什么一直侮辱你们 |
[05:08] | Whoa, this school has computers? | 这学校还有电脑吗 |
[05:10] | Ready for lunch? | 来吃午餐吗 |
[05:11] | We’re tailgating in the student parking lot. | 我们要在学生停车场赛前聚餐 |
[05:13] | Oh, is there a football game this week? | 这周有橄榄球赛吗 |
[05:14] | Nah. | 没有 |
[05:15] | Hey, guys, any interest in supporting athletics kinda? | 大伙 对支持体育运动感兴趣吗 |
[05:18] | You seriously think we’d pick a non-sanctioned barbecue | 你真以为我们会选择来源不明的烤肉 |
[05:21] | over soaring through the 8-bit skies with Mario? | 而不是跟马里奥一起在八比特的天空翱翔 |
[05:24] | He can fly in this one? | 他在这部里可以飞吗 |
[05:26] | Any interest in playing a video game starring an Italian plumber? | 对主角是意大利水管工的电玩感兴趣吗 |
[05:29] | Does it have extreme violence and/or extreme nudity? | 有极度暴力以及或者极度裸露吗 |
[05:31] | You can throw a turtle. | 可以扔乌龟 |
[05:32] | No, thank you. | 不了谢谢 |
[05:33] | Turtles are God’s creatures. | 乌龟也是上帝创造的生灵 |
[05:35] | It’s okay. I’ll just catch you later, Ad. | 没关系 我们晚点再见 亚当 |
[05:38] | My life is ruined! | 我的人生毁了 |
[05:40] | Whatever it is, look on the bright side. | 无论是什么事 看看好的一面 |
[05:42] | You can still digest cheese. | 你还可以消化芝士 |
[05:43] | Will you take this seriously? | 你严肃点好吗 |
[05:45] | I came back from summer looking like a bronze Ricky Schroder, | 我暑假回来后像晒黑的瑞奇·施罗德 |
[05:49] | and now the popular kids want me bad. | 现在人气高的孩子们都想拉拢我 |
[05:50] | While I don’t entirely follow, | 我虽然没全部听懂 |
[05:52] | that does not sound like a problem. | 但听起来不像是麻烦 |
[05:54] | Are you kidding? | 你认真的吗 |
[05:55] | I belong on the hood of a car in a Whitesnake video! | 我就像白蛇乐团音乐录像带里的性感女郎 |
[05:58] | You do have a nice way about you. | 你身形确实不错 |
[06:00] | And now all my old friends have moved on without me. | 现在我的老朋友们把我抛下了 |
[06:02] | Welcome to my world. | 欢迎来到我的世界 |
[06:04] | Why are you wrapped up like that? | 你为什么包成这样 |
[06:05] | Mom swaddled me for warmth. | 妈妈用襁褓为我保暖 |
[06:07] | But now is the time for cold, harsh truths. | 但现在该面临冰冷严酷的事实了 |
[06:10] | Your old friendships are dead. | 你过去的友谊都死了 |
[06:11] | They can’t relate to what you and I are… | 他们无法理解我等存在 |
[06:14] | Kings among men. | 我们是人间王者 |
[06:15] | But I like my old friendships. | 可我喜欢我过去的友谊 |
[06:16] | Better than the awesome new ones? | 比炫酷的新友谊更好吗 |
[06:18] | I don’t know. It’s just different. | 我不知道 不一样 |
[06:19] | I hear you. | 我明白 |
[06:21] | When I got back from the war, | 我参战回来后 |
[06:22] | my banjo buddies could not relate to my army buddies. | 弹班卓琴的朋友们不能接受我的战友们 |
[06:25] | Eventually, we had to find a mutual joy. | 最终 我们找到了共同爱好 |
[06:29] | Turns out it was banana cream pies. | 居然是香蕉奶油派 |
[06:31] | That’s it! | 就是这样 |
[06:32] | If I want everyone to be friends, | 假如我想让所有人成为朋友 |
[06:34] | I just have to find common ground! | 我只需找到共同点就好 |
[06:36] | I just told you, banana cream pies. | 我都告诉你了 是香蕉奶油派 |
[06:38] | I-I’ll give it five more minutes, but thanks! | 我再琢磨五分钟 但谢了 |
[06:40] | Aw, damn it! I need to be re-swaddled. | 见鬼 襁褓要重新包了 |
[06:42] | My arms got out! Mom! | 我的胳膊出来了 妈 |
[06:44] | Thanks to Pops, | 多亏了老爷子 |
[06:45] | I had the perfect way to bring my pals together. | 我有了聚集朋友们的完美方法 |
[06:47] | Meanwhile, my mom’s friends | 与此同时 我妈的朋友们 |
[06:48] | were bonding over literature. | 正通过文学增进感情 |
[06:49] | I’m so glad we started this book club. | 真高兴我们展开了读书俱乐部 |
[06:52] | We’re such intellectuals. | 我们太有学识了 |
[06:54] | Can we call it a book club when we’re just reading a magazine? | 只看杂志可以叫读书俱乐部吗 |
[06:57] | It’s my week, Ginzy, so open your People. | 这周我做主 尼亚 打开你的《人物》 |
[06:59] | Well, I love the part | 我特别喜欢 |
[07:00] | where Harry Hamlin is sexiest man alive. | 哈利·哈姆林被评为最性感男人的版块 |
[07:03] | What a twist! | 真没想到 |
[07:04] | Mommy! I dropped a Popsicle on the dog, | 妈咪 我的冰棒掉到狗身上了 |
[07:06] | and I need a new one. | 我需要一根新的 |
[07:07] | A red one this time. | 这次要红色的 |
[07:08] | Also, you need to wash Lucky and the carpet | 还有 你需要洗幸运 洗地毯 |
[07:11] | and a bunch of other stuff. | 和许多其他东西 |
[07:12] | Not before you deal with this. | 先处理这个再说 |
[07:14] | I slept on the clothes you folded, | 我睡在了你叠好的衣服上 |
[07:15] | so they need to be ironed. | 所以得熨一下 |
[07:16] | I was here first! | 我先来的 |
[07:17] | And I changed my mind, I want purple. | 我改主意了 我想要紫色的 |
[07:19] | Okay. One purple Popsicle | 好的 一根紫色冰棒 |
[07:21] | and a pile of pleated pants, pronto. | 和一叠有褶的裤子 马上就好 |
[07:23] | There you go, have fun with it. | 这就对了 做得开心点 |
[07:25] | Um, what’s happening here? | 这是什么情况 |
[07:26] | Oh, uh, Barry, Erica, and Mrs. G | 巴瑞 爱丽卡和金太太 |
[07:28] | are trapped in this cycle of codependence | 被困在相互依赖的循环里 |
[07:29] | that’s growing worse by the hour. | 情况每小时都变得更恶劣 |
[07:31] | I call it the “Great Regression,” but I’m open to pitches. | 我称之为”大退步” 但有点子尽管说 |
[07:33] | Here’s a pitch. Shut your dumb hole. | 我有点子 闭上你的笨嘴 |
[07:36] | Bevy! That’s my son! | 贝弗 那是我儿子 |
[07:37] | Okay, but I only get my babies | 好吧 但我今年暑假 |
[07:39] | for one week this summer. | 只能照顾我宝贝们一周 |
[07:40] | I’m making the most of it. | 我要尽情体验 |
[07:41] | Beverly, they’re adults, | 贝弗莉 他们是成人了 |
[07:43] | and you deserve to have an adult relationship. | 你也值得拥有更成熟的母子情 |
[07:45] | I’ve developed one with my boys, | 我跟我儿子们就发展得很好 |
[07:47] | and it’s one of the things I’m most proud of. | 那是我最自豪的事情之一 |
[07:48] | Well, I know it’s not your hedges. | 肯定不是通过剪篱笆建立的 |
[07:50] | You never returned my clippers! | 因为你没把园艺剪还给我 |
[07:51] | Okay, this magazine club is over. | 好吧 读杂志俱乐部结束了 |
[07:53] | Uh, I’ve got babies to tend to. | 我还要去照顾宝宝 |
[07:55] | – And tend to them she did. – Come on. | -她确实照顾好他们了 -快点 |
[07:57] | Mommy! | 妈咪 |
[07:59] | My carrots are too big. | 我的胡萝卜太大了 |
[08:00] | Over the next week, Barry got more helpless. | 接下来一周 巴瑞更没用了 |
[08:02] | Now they’re too small. | 现在太小了 |
[08:04] | Throw ’em out and start over with Kit Kats. | 扔了它们 拿脆香米来 |
[08:06] | Erica got lazier… | 爱丽卡更懒了 |
[08:09] | I’m gonna take this in your bed | 我要端到你床上去 |
[08:10] | ’cause I spilled the last bowl in mine. | 因为上一碗洒到我床上了 |
[08:12] | …until finally it all became too much. | 直到最后 一切都过了头 |
[08:15] | You want me to come running when you ring a bell? | 你希望你一摇铃我就跑过来 |
[08:17] | This bell. | 这个铃 |
[08:18] | I just figured I’m tired of shouting | 我想我受够总是大声叫你 |
[08:21] | and you’re tired of not responding to me quickly enough. | 而你也受够总是来得不够快了 |
[08:23] | Wait. I want a Mom bell. | 等等 我也想要妈妈铃 |
[08:24] | Oh, get your own! This is my Mom bell. | 自己弄一个去 这是我的妈妈铃 |
[08:27] | Not for long. | 很快就不是了 |
[08:28] | Mommy! Help! | 妈咪 救命 |
[08:29] | Are you not hearing this horrible loud ringing? | 你没听到这么吵的铃声吗 |
[08:31] | It’s really unpleasant! | 真的很烦人 |
[08:32] | While my mom realized her kids were out of control, | 正当我妈意识到她的孩子们失控了 |
[08:34] | I was trying to take control of my social life. | 我正试图重新掌控我的社交生活 |
[08:37] | Thanks for coming. How are the refreshments? | 多谢二位前来 饮料好喝吗 |
[08:39] | He took my Capri Sun. | 他抢走了我的果倍爽 |
[08:40] | Only to wash down your cookie. | 是为了不被你的曲奇噎着 |
[08:42] | Why are we here? | 为什么叫我们来 |
[08:43] | I was about to ask the same thing. | 我也有同样的疑问 |
[08:45] | There are like ten other rooms in this house, Dad. | 这房子里还有十个房间 老爸 |
[08:48] | – You can go anytime. – You called my bluff. | -你愿意挪窝随时可以 -被你看穿了 |
[08:50] | We’re here to find common ground between all my friends. | 我们来找我所有朋友的共同爱好 |
[08:53] | JC, you’re the epitome of cool. | JC 你就是酷的象征 |
[08:55] | It’s obvious, but I do like to hear it out loud. | 显而易见 但我喜欢听人说出来 |
[08:57] | A-and, Dave Kim, you’re the epitome of… | 而金戴夫 你象征着 |
[08:59] | What? Say it. | 什么 说出来 |
[09:00] | I’ll say it. Loser. Putz. Schmuck. | 我来说 废柴 傻瓜 笨蛋 |
[09:03] | Dork. Doof. Dink. Schmo. Dingus. Goober. | 呆瓜 呆子 智障 废物点心 没用的玩意 |
[09:07] | – We get it, Don Rickles. – Dorf. | -我们懂了 别说贯口了 -傻蛋 |
[09:09] | Anyway, help me find the overlap between both of your interests. | 总之 帮我找到你们俩爱好的交集 |
[09:14] | Ew, bro! | 老兄 不行 |
[09:15] | His circle shouldn’t touch my circle. | 他的圈子不该碰到我的圈子 |
[09:17] | But maybe it can. | 但或许可以 |
[09:18] | JC, what’s something you think is fun? | JC 你觉得什么东西有趣 |
[09:20] | Shoving a twerp in a locker | 把呆子关进储物柜 |
[09:21] | and then pouring Pepsi in the slots. | 然后往柜门里倒百事 |
[09:23] | It was a Mr. Pibb. | 你倒的是皮普先生汽水 |
[09:24] | I know what I poured. | 我倒的什么汽水我自己清楚 |
[09:25] | Let’s keep trying. | 继续尝试 |
[09:26] | So we set out to list | 我们开始列出 |
[09:27] | everything cool kids and geeks like. | 酷小孩和极客喜欢的所有东西 |
[09:29] | Falkor The Luck Dragon. | 幸运龙福克 |
[09:31] | Casually mooning an old-folks bus? | 偶尔追尾老人家的巴士 |
[09:32] | The peaceful din of an empty room. | 屋里没人时平静的声音 |
[09:34] | Creating a woman in a computer program to give you compliments. | 编程一个会夸奖我的女人 |
[09:37] | Throwing javelins at trees. | 朝树扔标枪 |
[09:38] | Guests who know when they’ve outstayed their welcome. | 知道什么时候该走人的客人 |
[09:41] | Video games. Comics. Star Wars. | 电玩 漫画 《星球大战》 |
[09:43] | Great white sharks. Snow leopards. Kodiak bears! | 大白鲨 雪豹 科迪亚克棕熊 |
[09:46] | What is this again? | 我们在干什么来着 |
[09:47] | – We’re naming apex predators. – No, we’re not. | -在列举顶级掠食者 -并不是 |
[09:49] | Eventually, we found tons of stuff in common. | 最终 我们找到了许多共同爱好 |
[09:51] | We got pizza, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and bumper cars. | 有披萨 施瓦辛格 和碰碰车 |
[09:54] | But here’s the test. | 但考验来了 |
[09:56] | JC, how would you feel about eating pizza with Dave Kim | JC 你是否愿意跟金戴夫一起吃披萨 |
[10:01] | while talking about Arnold and bumper cars? | 一边聊聊施瓦辛格和碰碰车 |
[10:04] | – It’s not terrible. – That’s the spirit! | -也不是很糟 -就是这种精神 |
[10:06] | And Dave Kim? | 金戴夫呢 |
[10:07] | I guess I’m open to it. | 我想我愿意试试 |
[10:08] | We did it! Best friend punch! | 我们做到了 好朋友碰拳 |
[10:11] | This is for school? | 这是学校作业吗 |
[10:14] | It was lunch time, | 到了午餐时间 |
[10:15] | and Operation Make All My Friends Be Friends was a go. | 让我所有朋友成为朋友行动正式展开 |
[10:19] | Sweet! New giant cool-kid table. | 太好了 新的酷小孩大桌子 |
[10:21] | Actually, JC, this is a combined table for all my friends. | JC 其实这是我所有朋友的共用桌 |
[10:25] | I believe you already know Dave Kim. | 你已经认识金戴夫了 |
[10:26] | Oh, yeah! The guy with all the birds! | 对了 那个养了很多鸟的人 |
[10:29] | Not even a little. | 根本不沾边 |
[10:30] | It’s something to talk about. | 也算是个话题 |
[10:31] | And while you’re catching up… Pizza? | 既然你们在叙旧 吃披萨吗 |
[10:37] | Adam, w-why are you trying so hard | 亚当 你为什么这么努力 |
[10:39] | to bring everyone together? | 让人们聚在一起 |
[10:41] | I love spending time with you and your friends, | 我喜欢跟你和你朋友们一起玩 |
[10:43] | but I miss my old friends. | 但我想念老朋友们 |
[10:44] | There’s got to be a way I can have it all, | 肯定有办法能让我兼顾 |
[10:46] | like Melanie Griffith in Working Girl. | 就像《工作女郎》女主那样 |
[10:48] | That’s sweet. And weird. | 真贴心 也很怪异 |
[10:49] | Yeah, how’s that pepperoni treating you? | 你们喜欢辣肠吗 |
[10:51] | I didn’t get a slice. I just got elbowed in the head. | 我一块都没拿到 头上还挨了肘击 |
[10:54] | Corbett, did you take four slices? | 科比特 你拿了四块吗 |
[10:55] | It’s the only way to make a double-decker pizza sandwich. | 只有这样才能做四层披萨三明治 |
[10:58] | Can we just go now? | 我们能走了吗 |
[10:59] | Yes! Thanks for asking. | 可以 多谢问询 |
[11:01] | No! We’re bonding. | 不行 我们在增进感情 |
[11:02] | And it’s time for phase two. | 该进行第二阶段了 |
[11:04] | How about that Terminator? | 你们喜欢《终结者》吗 |
[11:06] | – Pretty cool, right? – Schwarzenegger rules. | -很酷对吧 -施瓦辛格最牛了 |
[11:08] | I have a Terminator bedspread. | 我有终结者床单 |
[11:09] | Nice, Bird Guy. | 不错 养鸟男 |
[11:11] | From now on, I’m gonna call you “Bedspread.” | 从现在起 我要叫你”床单” |
[11:13] | It’s working! | 起作用了 |
[11:13] | You know, I like Arnold’s muscles. | 我喜欢阿诺的肌肉 |
[11:15] | They remind me of my muscles. | 让我想起我自己的肌肉 |
[11:17] | I like the theme of the movie… Explosions. | 我喜欢电影的主题 爆炸 |
[11:19] | You think the theme of Terminator is explosions? | 你以为《终结者》的主题是爆炸 |
[11:21] | And sending your dad back in time to bone your mom. | 还有让老爸穿越时空回去搞老妈 |
[11:24] | The theme is that everybody has the ability | 主题是每个人都有能力 |
[11:26] | to defeat their own fate. | 战胜自己的命运 |
[11:27] | Don’t tell me how to interpret narrative motifs. | 不要告诉我如何解读叙事主题 |
[11:30] | Adam, maybe it’s time to call this? | 亚当 或许该结束了 |
[11:32] | Or maybe it’s time for more snacks. | 又或者该多买些食物来 |
[11:34] | I’ll be back with more pizza. | 我会带着披萨回来的 |
[11:37] | Wait. Was that your Arnold Schwarzenegger impression? | 等等 你在模仿施瓦辛格吗 |
[11:39] | I can do better. | 我能模仿得更好 |
[11:40] | I’d hope so. ‘Cause that sucked. | 希望如此 因为刚才烂透了 |
[11:42] | Now say Arnold’s line from Commando. | 说阿诺在《魔鬼司令》里的对白 |
[11:44] | Remember when I said I’d kill you last? I lied. | 记得我说最后杀你吗 骗你的 |
[11:48] | That’s so terrible. | 太烂了 |
[11:49] | You shame the Austrian people. | 你让奥地利人蒙羞 |
[11:52] | Well, you kind of brought them together. | 算是让他们更融洽了 |
[11:54] | Not how I pictured it happening, | 虽然跟我计划得不一样 |
[11:55] | but a win’s a win. | 但胜利就是胜利 |
[11:56] | While my bad impression had good results, | 正当我的糟糕模仿带来了好结果 |
[11:58] | my mom’s bad habits had only gotten worse. | 我妈的糟糕习惯只变得更糟了 |
[12:01] | Ginzy, I need to borrow your Cuisinart. | 尼亚 我想借用你的料理机 |
[12:04] | – I-I can’t in good conscience. – I’ll find it. | -借你我会良心不安 -我会找到的 |
[12:09] | What the… | 搞什么 |
[12:10] | Your child knows how to vacuum? | 你的孩子知道怎么吸尘 |
[12:12] | Try and stop me. | 拦都拦不住 |
[12:13] | The home is a reflection of all of us. | 家是我们所有人的镜子 |
[12:15] | Barry and Erica just keep throwing Nerds candies | 巴瑞和爱丽卡不停朝地面撒糖 |
[12:18] | in my path so I’m never quite done. | 我怎么吸都吸不完 |
[12:20] | Look, Mom, the pears ripened, | 妈妈快看 梨都熟了 |
[12:21] | just like you promised! | 跟你说得一样 |
[12:22] | Well, what are you waiting for? | 还等什么 |
[12:23] | Core those suckers and make a cobbler! | 快去核做个脆皮馅饼 |
[12:25] | Oh, way ahead of ya. | 那还用说 |
[12:26] | Already preheating the oven to “yum.” | 已经把烤箱调到”美味”档预热了 |
[12:28] | – Chad cooks? – We cook together. | -查德会烹饪 -我们一起烹饪 |
[12:30] | I find it’s a great time for us to catch up and reconnect. | 我发现这特别有助于我们重新联络感情 |
[12:33] | Speaking of, how’s your tennis elbow, Mom? | 说起来 你的手肘疼好了吗 妈妈 |
[12:35] | Oh, much better. Thanks for asking, hon. | 好多了 多谢关心 宝贝 |
[12:36] | I meant to ask an hour ago. | 我一小时前就想问了 |
[12:39] | Life moves so fast. | 时光飞逝 |
[12:41] | Damn it, I want this. Tell me how. | 该死的 我也想要这样 教教我 |
[12:43] | Wait. You’re asking me for parenting advice? | 等等 你向我咨询育儿建议 |
[12:46] | I know it’s insane, | 我知道这很疯狂 |
[12:48] | but I thought I wanted my children to be babies forever. | 但我以为我想让孩子们永远做小宝宝 |
[12:52] | But now I know what I want | 可现在我知道我想要的 |
[12:54] | is to have adult, respectful relationships, | 是互相尊重的成年母子情 |
[12:56] | like the kind you have with your kids. | 像你和你孩子们这种 |
[12:58] | Well, right now, you’re indulging their every whim, | 现在你由着他们使性子 |
[13:01] | and they’re taking advantage of you. | 他们在利用你这点 |
[13:03] | You need to set limits, establish rules, | 你需要树立边界 定下规矩 |
[13:06] | and most of all, give them some responsibilities. | 最重要的是 给他们一些责任 |
[13:08] | But Barry says responsibilities hurt his hugging arms. | 可巴瑞说责任会让他抱我的胳膊痛痛 |
[13:11] | The next time he says that, you say, | 下次他那么说时 你就说 |
[13:14] | “The seed you plant today becomes a flower tomorrow.” | “你今日播下的种子明天会长成花朵” |
[13:17] | I don’t care about gardening, Ginzy. | 我不在乎园艺 尼亚 |
[13:20] | That’s why I threw out your gardening gloves. | 所以我才扔了你的园艺手套 |
[13:21] | Then when they act out, you say, | 他们发脾气时 你就说 |
[13:23] | “Let’s reconnect after you’ve calmed down.” | “等你们冷静下来我们再谈” |
[13:26] | Look… | 看 |
[13:27] | …here’s a list of helpful phrases. | 这里有张很有用的句子清单 |
[13:29] | “I appreciate your understanding”? | “我很感谢你的理解” |
[13:32] | “Let’s approach this from a place of mutual respect”? | “让我们从相互尊重的角度处理这个问题” |
[13:37] | “This feels like a learning opportunity.” | “我感觉这是学习的机会” |
[13:40] | This crap works? | 这些屁话 |
[13:41] | See for yourself. | 你自己瞧 |
[13:43] | Just ’cause. | 就是想抱抱你 |
[13:45] | I’m borrowing this instead. | 我还是借这个吧 |
[13:46] | As my mom planned to steer her kids in a new direction, | 正当我妈计划把孩子们引导向新方向时 |
[13:49] | I knew one more thing | 我知道还有一件事 |
[13:50] | that would drive my friends closer together. | 会让我的朋友们更紧密 |
[13:52] | Who’s ready for bumper cars? | 谁想玩碰碰车 |
[13:54] | Not me. My mom was recently in a minor car accident. | 我不想 我妈最近出了小车祸 |
[13:57] | This brings it all back. | 这让噩梦重现 |
[13:59] | Aw, I’ll be right here, Bedspread. | 有我在 床单 |
[14:02] | Look at them. The best of friends. | 看看他们 成了最好的朋友 |
[14:04] | I really did it. | 我真的做到了 |
[14:05] | Are you sure bumper cars are a good idea? | 你确定碰碰车是好主意吗 |
[14:08] | Seems like kind of a violent activity | 不觉得是项暴力活动吗 |
[14:09] | for groups that are notoriously unkind to each other. | 这两伙人关系恶劣是人尽皆知的 |
[14:11] | Violently delightful. | 是愉快的暴力 |
[14:13] | Everyone loves bumper cars. | 人人都喜欢碰碰车 |
[14:14] | But this wasn’t bumper cars. | 但这可不是碰碰车 |
[14:17] | It was a full-blown demolition derby. | 这是一场全方位毁灭性的比赛 |
[14:19] | Take it easy! | 悠着点 |
[14:20] | She’s showing weakness! Bash her more! | 她展示出弱点了 继续装她 |
[14:22] | Turns out bringing cool kids and geeks together | 原来让酷小孩和极客们聚在一起 |
[14:25] | was bumpier than I expected. | 比我想象得更颠簸 |
[14:26] | JC, you know me! I’m Bedspread! | JC 你认识我的 我是床单 |
[14:29] | Sorry, bro. | 抱歉 老兄 |
[14:32] | This is just assault. | 这只是单纯的袭击 |
[14:33] | Guys, stop! We’re all friends here! | 大伙 住手 我们都是朋友 |
[14:35] | But we’re clearly not. | 但我们显然不是 |
[14:37] | I felt my brain bang against my skull! | 我被撞得大脑在脑壳里直晃 |
[14:39] | I thought it would be fun for all the people in my life | 我以为让生活中的人们聚在一起 |
[14:41] | to come together. | 会很有趣 |
[14:42] | Maybe for you. | 或许你觉得有趣 |
[14:44] | What are you doing? | 你们去哪 |
[14:44] | Making it easier for you. | 让你不必两难 |
[14:46] | Just be with them ’cause you’re definitely not one of us. | 跟他们玩吧 因为你绝对不是我们的同类 |
[14:51] | There, there. | 别难过了 |
[14:52] | While my plan hit a roadblock, | 正当我的计划遇到路障时 |
[14:53] | my mom was ready for a new path with Barry and Erica. | 我妈正准备让巴瑞和爱丽卡踏上新的道路 |
[14:57] | Mommy! Her foot touched my foot! | 妈咪 她的脚碰到了我的脚 |
[14:58] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[15:00] | There wasn’t until Barry interrupted my basement nap. | 原本没有 直到巴瑞打扰我的地下室小憩 |
[15:02] | Yeah, because I also prefer to nap underground. | 是的 因为我也想在地下室打盹 |
[15:05] | It’s called “groundhog style,” and it’s everything to me. | 这叫”土拨鼠式” 对我意味着一切 |
[15:07] | So get your own couch! | 那就自己弄个沙发去 |
[15:08] | Oh, good idea. | 好主意 |
[15:09] | Mom, get me another couch. | 妈 再给我弄个沙发 |
[15:11] | This was it. | 忍无可忍 |
[15:11] | My mom could either keep indulging her terrible kids | 我妈可以继续纵容她可怕的孩子们 |
[15:14] | or take Ginzy’s approach. | 或是尝试尼亚的方法 |
[15:16] | I understand your request, | 我明白你们很难过 |
[15:18] | but I’m confident you can take care of it yourself. | 但我有信心你们能自己解决 |
[15:21] | That’s the opposite of what I want. | 那和我想要的正相反 |
[15:23] | Just haul the upstairs couch down here. | 去把楼上的沙发拖下来 |
[15:24] | I bet it would be even more satisfying if you did it yourself. | 我打赌你自己完成会更有成就感 |
[15:28] | Why would I want to move a couch? | 我为什么会想要搬沙发 |
[15:29] | That sounds heavy and boring. | 听起来又沉重又无聊 |
[15:31] | Geez, Mom, just shove it down the stairs. | 老天 妈妈 推下楼就行了 |
[15:33] | Gravity does most of the work. | 重力会帮你大忙的 |
[15:34] | I can see this is frustrating for you. | 我能看出你们很泄气 |
[15:37] | Let’s revisit when you’ve calmed down. | 等你们冷静下来我们再谈 |
[15:39] | I’ll be calm when I have my couch. | 我有了沙发就会冷静 |
[15:41] | Why are you being like this? | 你为什么要这样 |
[15:43] | Because I am trying to have an adult relationship. | 因为我正试着建立成熟母子情 |
[15:46] | Adult to adult, | 成年人对成年人 |
[15:48] | take the cushions off first, it’ll make it a lot lighter. | 先把垫子拆下来 沙发会轻很多 |
[15:50] | I know I’ve indulged you, | 我知道我过去惯着你们 |
[15:51] | but I want something different now. | 但我现在不想这样了 |
[15:53] | I want to talk as equals. | 我想要平等的对话 |
[15:54] | Maybe while one of you vacuums the stairs | 或许对话时你们之一会在楼上吸尘 |
[15:57] | and the other one bakes a pear cobbler. | 另一个会做脆皮梨子馅饼 |
[15:59] | Oh, now I want you to make a cobbler. | 现在我想让你做个脆皮馅饼 |
[16:01] | With ice cream. And cookies. | 加冰淇淋和曲奇 |
[16:03] | And drizzle on some fudge. | 再撒些软糖 |
[16:04] | That’s not even a cobbler anymore. | 那根本不能算是脆皮馅饼了 |
[16:05] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会想到办法的 |
[16:07] | Get the fxxx out of my house. | 滚出老娘的房子 |
[16:11] | And go where? | 去哪 |
[16:12] | That sounds like a problem you adults | 听起来像是你们两个成年人 |
[16:14] | can figure out yourselves. | 自己能解决的问题 |
[16:17] | It doesn’t matter what’s on top! | 不论上面加了什么料 |
[16:19] | It’s still a cobbler! | 还是脆皮馅饼啊 |
[16:22] | After failing to bring my friends together, | 我没能让朋友们成为朋友 |
[16:23] | I ended up friendless. | 结果我一无所友 |
[16:25] | It was shaping up to be the worst school year ever. | 我开始觉得这是最糟的一个学年了 |
[16:28] | You’re so quiet. | 你走路没声 |
[16:29] | I learned to be quiet on the golf course. | 我在高尔夫球场练会的走路没声 |
[16:31] | Any noise screws up people’s backswings | 有声音会让人们挥杆失误 |
[16:33] | and alerts swamp monsters to your location. | 让沼泽怪物知道你的方位 |
[16:35] | I hope you were compensated well. | 我希望你得到了足够的薪水 |
[16:37] | Nope. So, what’s your deal? | 没有 你有什么烦恼 |
[16:38] | I lost all my old dorky friends | 我失去了所有古怪老朋友 |
[16:40] | ’cause I’m wildly cool now. | 因为我现在超级酷 |
[16:42] | Adam, you will always and forever be a nerd. | 亚当 你永永远远都会是个宅男 |
[16:46] | – Can I say that? – I’m not loving it. | -我能这么说吗 -有点刺耳 |
[16:47] | Still, come with me. | 不过 跟我来 |
[16:51] | Climb this rope. | 爬上这根绳子 |
[16:51] | How’s a demonstration of my physical dominance gonna help? | 展示我的身体优势有什么用 |
[16:54] | Humor me. | 就当逗我玩 |
[16:56] | Whatever. See you at the top. | 随便吧 顶端见 |
[16:58] | Sure, I’d never reached the top before, | 当然 我以前从没爬到过顶端 |
[17:01] | but this year was different. | 但今年不同了 |
[17:02] | I’d come a long way from being an unathletic, scrawny geek. | 我早已不是运动能力差的瘦弱极客 |
[17:05] | I could dominate this rope. I was a legend. | 我可以支配这根绳子 我是传奇 |
[17:08] | Am I there? | 到顶端了吗 |
[17:09] | You’re right where you should be. | 你就在你该在的地方 |
[17:12] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[17:13] | If I’m not ripped, why did the mailman say, | 假如我不够威猛 邮差为什么说 |
[17:15] | “Looking good, little man”? | “真精神 小伙子” |
[17:17] | Yeah, he’s just a weirdo. | 他单纯是个怪胎 |
[17:18] | Wait, so if I’m not as buff and rad as I thought I was | 等等 假如我没有自以为那么威武炫酷 |
[17:22] | and I’m not a dork anymore, what am I? | 也不再是个呆子 我是谁 |
[17:25] | You’re a little bit of everything. | 你是均衡型的 |
[17:27] | Now I’m super confused. | 我现在好困惑 |
[17:29] | In high school, you feel like you can only be one thing | 在高中时 你会觉得你只能做一种人 |
[17:32] | or belong to one group. | 属于一个群体 |
[17:33] | But as you get older, | 但随着你长大 |
[17:35] | you can be lots of things to lots of people. | 你可以对很多人有很多意义 |
[17:37] | And once you realize that, | 当你意识到这点 |
[17:39] | the whole world opens up for you. | 整个世界都会为你敞开 |
[17:42] | So I can have cool friends and nerd friends? | 这么说我可以有酷朋友和宅朋友 |
[17:45] | You can even have friends that are guidance counselors. | 你甚至可以和辅导员做朋友 |
[17:48] | I’d like that. Thanks, John. | 那样再好不过 谢了 约翰 |
[17:50] | Nope. Go back. | 不行 改回去 |
[17:51] | That does not make my ears feel good. | 我耳朵听了觉得难受 |
[17:53] | As Mr. Glascott | 正当格拉斯科特老师 |
[17:54] | reminded me I could be anything, | 提醒我我可以成为任何人 |
[17:55] | my mom was scared she’d only ever be one thing. | 我妈很害怕她永远只能做一种人 |
[17:58] | Any idea why Erica’s sitting out on the front lawn | 你知道为什么爱丽卡坐在门前草坪上 |
[18:01] | and Barry’s up in a tree? | 巴瑞爬到了树上吗 |
[18:02] | I kicked them out. | 我把他们赶出家门了 |
[18:04] | Eh, works for me. | 我没意见 |
[18:05] | I was trying to end the Great Regression, | 我刚才试图终止”大退步” |
[18:08] | but Ginzy’s phrases didn’t work, | 但尼亚的句子都不管用 |
[18:11] | and then they refused to make me a cobbler | 他们不肯给我做脆皮馅饼 |
[18:14] | when I wouldn’t move a couch. | 我不肯去搬沙发 |
[18:17] | I have no idea what any of that means, | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[18:19] | but I do know | 但我知道 |
[18:19] | that when our children stay home too long, | 孩子们每次在家待得太久 |
[18:21] | they turn into morons. | 就会变成白痴 |
[18:23] | And it’s my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[18:24] | Our whole relationship is based on me | 我们的母子情全基于我 |
[18:26] | indulging them their entire lives. | 惯了他们一辈子 |
[18:29] | ‘Cause I thought that’s what a good mama did. | 因为我以为好妈妈应该那样做 |
[18:31] | But now that they’re older, I just… | 但现在他们长大了 我 |
[18:33] | I want something more. | 我想要更多 |
[18:36] | Tell ’em that. | 就这样告诉他们 |
[18:37] | I tried, but it didn’t work, | 我试过了 但没有用 |
[18:39] | and then I threw them out on the street. | 然后我把他们丢出了家门 |
[18:40] | Well, then keep trying. | 那就继续尝试 |
[18:43] | You deserve to have the relationship you want with your kids. | 你值得拥有你想要的母子情 |
[18:46] | – You think? – I know. | -你这么觉得 -我很确定 |
[18:49] | Now, go outside and get Barry before he falls on his head. | 快出去叫巴瑞回来 免得他摔破头 |
[18:56] | Sometimes, we can indulge the people we love so much | 有时 我们会过于惯着我们爱的人 |
[18:59] | it’s hard to see we’re holding them back. | 以至于难以看出我们在阻碍他们 |
[19:05] | Look, I’m sorry I kicked you out. | 很抱歉将你们赶出家门 |
[19:06] | We’re sorry, too. | 我们也很抱歉 |
[19:08] | You do so much for us, | 你为我们做了那么多 |
[19:10] | and it was wrong to take advantage of your love. | 利用你的爱占便宜是不对的 |
[19:12] | You will always be my babies. | 你们永远都会是我的小宝宝 |
[19:15] | But I’d really like to try something new. | 但我真的很想尝试新的东西 |
[19:19] | Way ahead of you. | 我们已经开始了 |
[19:21] | I cut down most of the Kremps’ pear tree | 我砍掉了克伦普家大部分梨树 |
[19:23] | while we were homeless. | 刚才无家可归时砍的 |
[19:24] | You mind if we chat while we make you a cobbler? | 我们给你做脆皮馅饼时聊聊天好吗 |
[19:26] | Yeah, like, what’s your story? | 是啊 听听你的故事 |
[19:28] | My story is that I am the luckiest mom in the world. | 我的故事就是我是世上最幸运的妈妈 |
[19:34] | Sure, it can be scary to change something | 当然 改变多年从未改变过的事 |
[19:37] | that’s been the same for a long time. | 会让人很恐慌 |
[19:39] | Come to invite us to group dodgeball? | 来邀请我们玩躲避球吗 |
[19:42] | Or a wedgie tournament? | 或是拽内裤锦标赛 |
[19:43] | Or throw my glasses in that long urinal | 或是把我的眼镜丢到长小便池 |
[19:45] | where you sometimes touch shoulders with strangers? | 就是偶尔会跟陌生人肩并肩的那种 |
[19:47] | I’m really sorry for forcing you to do things | 逼你们做那些你们不想做的事 |
[19:49] | you weren’t comfortable with. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:51] | But you all mean the world to me, | 可你们对我意味着一切 |
[19:53] | and I guess what I’m trying to say is… | 我想我只是想说 |
[20:10] | Oh, man, I just learned the one thing. | 老天 我只学了那一句 |
[20:12] | You’ll catch up. | 你会跟上进度的 |
[20:14] | In the end, when we change who we are, | 归根结底 当我们改变自己时 |
[20:17] | it doesn’t mean we lose who we were | 不意味着我们丢掉了过去的自己 |
[20:18] | or who we care about. | 和在乎的人 |
[20:21] | And through all those changes, | 通过那些改变 |
[20:22] | the people who love us will always be there. | 爱我们的人会永远在我们身边 |
[20:26] | Truth is, we never stop growing up. | 事实是 我们永远不会停止成长 |
[20:28] | Everyone just does it at their own speed. | 每个人不过是按自己的步调长大 |
[20:30] | Yeah, I’d come a long way since I was a freshman. | 是啊 我和新生时相比成长了许多 |
[20:33] | It was my senior year, | 那年我高四 |
[20:35] | and it was gonna be different for all of us. | 对我们所有人来说都会有很大不同 |
[20:37] | But one thing was for sure… | 但有一件事是肯定的 |
[20:39] | I couldn’t wait for the adventure to begin. | 我已经等不急开始冒险了 |
[20:45] | Come on, Adam. | 快来 亚当 |
[20:51] | Noticing anything different? | 注意到有什么不同了吗 |
[20:52] | You’re wearing roller skates? | 你穿着旱冰鞋 |
[20:54] | Inspired by your radical change, | 受到你的巨变启发 |
[20:55] | I decided to change myself. | 我决定改变自己 |
[20:57] | Now I’m Mr. Glascott | 现在我是格拉斯科特老师 |
[20:59] | the roller-skating guidance counselor. | 滑旱冰的辅导员 |
[21:01] | Check out my moves. | 看看我的绝招 |
[21:04] | That’s okay, I guess. | 我想还行吧 |
[21:05] | You guess? | 还行 |
[21:06] | It took me three days to learn that. | 我花了三天才学会 |
[21:08] | I just don’t see how roller-skating | 我只是看不出滑旱冰 |
[21:09] | is gonna help you relate to students any better. | 能怎样帮你更好地跟学生产生共鸣 |
[21:11] | Watch and learn. Give me a little help here. | 看着学着点 稍微帮我一把 |
[21:16] | Super-cool guidance counselor coming through! | 超级酷的辅导员过来了 |
[21:20] | That’s why you start with a necklace. | 所以说先小试牛刀戴个项链多好 |