时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Ah, politics of the ’80s. | 八十年代的政客啊 |
[00:02] | TV gave us the great soundbite… | 电视让我们捕捉精彩瞬间 |
[00:04] | There you go again. | 你又来了 |
[00:05] | devastating one-liners… | 一击致命的俏皮话 |
[00:06] | Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy. | 参议员 你不是杰克·肯尼迪 |
[00:07] | – the iconic ad… – It’s morning again in America. | -代表性广告 -美国又迎来了清晨 |
[00:10] | …and whatever this was supposed to be. | 以及这种莫名其妙的画面 |
[00:13] | And then there was the day | 之后迎来了这样一天 |
[00:14] | that politics showed up on our doorstep. | 政客出现在我家门前 |
[00:16] | Hello, citizen. Dodd Wembley. | 市民你好 我是多德·温布利 |
[00:18] | I’m running for comptroller of our fair city. | 我在竞选这座美好城市的审计官 |
[00:21] | Here. Have a button. | 给 给你个胸针 |
[00:22] | You want me to take a needle and stab my cheetah face? | 你居然想让我用别针扎这猎豹的脸 |
[00:25] | That is quite the majestic cat on your front there. | 你胸前的猫科动物着实庄严雄伟 |
[00:28] | S’pose a hat wouldn’t do the trick? | 那换成帽子好不好 |
[00:30] | Like I’m gonna jam my best feature into your ball cap. | 我怎会用你的棒球帽压塌标志性秀发 |
[00:33] | Welp, don’t forget to vote on Tuesday. | 那好吧 别忘了周二去投票 |
[00:35] | Dodd Wembley, comptroller. | 多德·温布利 审计官 |
[00:36] | Tell me, how do you plan to comptrol | 告诉我 你打算怎么审计 |
[00:38] | the leaves in my gutter? | 我家排水沟里的落叶 |
[00:40] | I don’t. That’s not what a comptroller does. | 我不管 审计官不是管这些的 |
[00:42] | Passing the buck, I see. | 看来你想推卸责任 |
[00:44] | I tell you what. If you let me leave, | 不如这样 你放我一马 |
[00:45] | I’ll find someone to cut something down. | 我去找人随便砍两棵树 |
[00:47] | Or you could just unbutton your shirt and try to nurse me, | 不如你解开上衣给我喂奶 |
[00:49] | ’cause clearly you think I was born yesterday. | 因为你显然把我当婴儿哄 |
[00:51] | I give up. Vote, don’t vote, do whatever you want. | 我放弃了 投不投票随你吧 |
[00:53] | Oh, I’m a voter. | 我有票必投 |
[00:54] | I vote hard and often, and I have to say | 常常不遗余力地投 我不得不说 |
[00:57] | you have zero charisma, charm, or appeal. | 你全然没有领导力魅力吸引力 |
[00:59] | Seems unfair, but I’m running unopposed, | 似乎有失偏颇 不过我没有竞选对手 |
[01:01] | so I technically don’t need your vote. | 所以严格来讲我不需要你投票 |
[01:03] | I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do. | 告诉你我会怎么做 |
[01:05] | I’m gonna throw all my support behind your opponent. | 我要全力支持你的竞选对手 |
[01:07] | I have no opponent. | 我没有竞选对手 |
[01:08] | You do now, me! | 现在有了 我 |
[01:10] | What’s that now? | 这是什么情况 |
[01:10] | I’m at a crossroads in my life, as you know. | 你也知道 我正站在人生的岔路口 |
[01:13] | I do not. We just met. | 我不知道 我们是初次见面 |
[01:14] | Political office will give me purpose in my empty-nest years. | 从政能让我的空巢岁月有点奔头 |
[01:19] | And that is why I am officially declaring my candidacy for… | 所以我正式宣布参加竞选 |
[01:23] | What is this again? | 什么职位来着 |
[01:24] | Comptroller. | 审计官 |
[01:25] | I am now this fair city’s comptroller! | 现在我是这座美好城市的审计官了 |
[01:27] | Still gotta have an election. | 还是要经过竞选的 |
[01:29] | Even more to do! | 有更多事做更好 |
[01:30] | America! | 美国万岁 |
[01:44] | It was October 28th, 1980-something. | 那是一九八几年的十月二十八日 |
[01:46] | Erica and Geoff were finally going to be in college together, | 爱丽卡和杰夫终于一起读大学了 |
[01:49] | and he was busy with her last-minute packing. | 他正忙着做最后的行李打包 |
[01:51] | All these slippers coming with, hon? | 要带上所有拖鞋吗 宝贝 |
[01:52] | I don’t know, Geoff. Yes? No? | 我不知道 杰夫 带不带呢 |
[01:54] | Take some initiative. | 你有点主见 |
[01:55] | Sorry, panda slippers, she will see you on break. | 抱歉了 熊猫拖鞋 她放假回家再见吧 |
[01:57] | Oh, the panda slippers are so cute. | 熊猫拖鞋多可爱啊 |
[01:58] | You’re not bringing the pandas? | 你居然不带上熊猫 |
[02:00] | The answer’s right there in your angry tone! | 答案就在你愤怒的语气里 |
[02:01] | This apartment looks perfect for us, | 这间公寓看起来正适合我们 |
[02:03] | one bedroom, light and airy… | 一间卧室 采光通风良好 |
[02:05] | – Is it on campus? – Hell no. | -在校园里吗 -才不是 |
[02:06] | We wanna be as far away from that place as possible. | 我们想离那地方越远越好 |
[02:08] | Perfect! Also, why exactly? | 完美 另外原因是什么 |
[02:09] | – ‘Cause campus is for freshmen. – But I am a freshman. | -新生才住校 -可我就是新生 |
[02:11] | Who’s dating a sophomore, | 你在和大二生交往 |
[02:13] | so you can skip all that freshman nonsense | 你可以跳过那些新生荒唐事 |
[02:14] | because I’ve done it already. | 因为我已经都做过了 |
[02:15] | I guess I never looked at it that way. | 我好像从来没这么想过 |
[02:17] | ‘Cause why would I? | 因为没理由这么想 |
[02:17] | Listen, it’s just a bunch of loud, sweaty parties | 不过是一堆吵闹燥热的派对 |
[02:20] | where you’re stuck with dumbasses | 你被困在一堆傻蛋中间 |
[02:21] | who are going through the same giant life change as you. | 他们跟你一样正经历人生的重大改变 |
[02:23] | Who would want that fun and familiarity? | 谁会想拥有那种有趣亲切的经验 |
[02:25] | Well, thank you, Sweets. | 多谢你 亲爱的 |
[02:26] | I got dangerously close | 好险 我差一点 |
[02:27] | to actually getting excited about something. | 就要为了这件事兴奋起来了 |
[02:29] | It’s cool. It all worked out. | 没事的 有惊无险 |
[02:30] | But I’m just not sure how I’m gonna tell my orientation leader | 但我不知道该怎么跟新生报到负责人说 |
[02:32] | that I’m skipping all that stuff. | 所有活动我都不参加 |
[02:33] | He seemed to think it was really important. | 他好像觉得这一切很重要 |
[02:35] | Geoff, you don’t need to listen | 杰夫 你不必听那人的话 |
[02:36] | to some dipwad in a T-shirt and visor. | 他不过是穿T恤戴遮阳帽的混球 |
[02:38] | And yet he does! | 但他必须听 |
[02:39] | This powerful visor is a badge | 这强大的遮阳帽是一个徽章 |
[02:41] | that allows me to do and say anything I want. | 让我想说什么做什么都可以 |
[02:43] | – That’s not right. – That’s not even how badges work. | -并不是 -任何徽章都没那作用 |
[02:45] | Thusly, I’ve been entrusted | 所以 我受人所托 |
[02:47] | with overseeing Geoff’s transition from dorky civilian… | 监护杰夫从呆头呆脑的平民 |
[02:49] | – Guilty. – …to hard-partying freshman, | -是我 -转变为派对动物新生 |
[02:52] | whose love of beer and lack of ambition | 他将热爱啤酒 缺乏雄心壮志 |
[02:54] | become sources of real concern for his community. | 变成让整个社区担忧的存在 |
[02:56] | Dude, what do you know about orienting freshmen? | 哥们 你知道怎么组织新生报到吗 |
[02:58] | You may recall my own freshman experience | 你或许记得我本人的新生体验 |
[03:00] | was less than stellar. | 并不值得夸口 |
[03:01] | Yeah, you sucked butt academically and socially. | 是啊 你成绩和社交都烂透了 |
[03:04] | Silence! Not in front of Ren. | 闭嘴 别当着小伦说 |
[03:05] | I know what I’m working with. | 我知道我看上的是什么货色 |
[03:07] | The point is, | 重点是 |
[03:07] | I want to help others have the fun I missed. | 我想帮助他人体验我错过的乐趣 |
[03:09] | And I get a visor. Okay? | 而且我还有遮阳帽 |
[03:11] | It’s all the best parts of a hat minus the annoying middle! | 取其精华去其糟粕的帽子 |
[03:13] | I stopped caring. | 我不在乎了 |
[03:14] | But Geoff wants no part of Freshman Week. | 但杰夫不想参加新生周 |
[03:17] | He’s got an upperclass girlfriend, and we’re over it. | 他有上流女朋友 我们看不上这些 |
[03:19] | – Opposite! – Maybe I could just stop by for some ice cream? | -正相反 -或许我可以去吃点冰淇淋 |
[03:21] | Fine, go. You’ll see for yourself how lame it is. | 好吧 去吧 你亲眼去看看有多逊 |
[03:24] | – Barry wins! – Thanks, Babe, | -巴瑞胜利了 -宝贝 谢谢你 |
[03:25] | for allowing me to learn by failing. | 允许我通过失败学习经验 |
[03:27] | With that, Geoff’s Freshman Week began. | 就这样 杰夫的新生周开始了 |
[03:29] | And Barry kicked it off with a classic, egg toss. | 巴瑞用经典活动作为开始 扔鸡蛋 |
[03:32] | Look alive! Here’s another! | 精神点 又来了 |
[03:34] | You’re paying tuition for this. | 你交学费就是为了这个 |
[03:35] | And then, there were ice-breaking games. | 然后 有破冰游戏 |
[03:37] | Wooden teeth, crossed the Delaware… | 木牙 穿越特拉华州 |
[03:38] | Am I George Washington? | 是乔治·华盛顿吗 |
[03:39] | – Yes! – Yes! | -对了 -太棒了 |
[03:41] | – Noice! – Why? | -赞 -为什么 |
[03:42] | Yep, Barry was gonna make sure | 没错 巴瑞要确保 |
[03:43] | Geoff slid into freshman year in style. | 杰夫有型地滑进大一学年 |
[03:46] | Oh, no! | 糟糕 |
[03:49] | I probably could’ve placed that better. | 我或许该挑个更好的地方布置 |
[03:50] | – Are you okay? – Okay? I’ve never felt so alive! | -你还好吗 -岂止 我从没这么有活力过 |
[03:53] | – Freshmen forever! – You’re a sophomore! | -永远的新生 -你已经大二了 |
[03:55] | While Barry was helping Geoff throw himself into freshman life, | 正当巴瑞帮助杰夫投身大一生活 |
[03:58] | my mom had fully caught the politics bug. | 我妈也全面投身政治生涯 |
[04:01] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[04:01] | I was gonna play Frogger 2 down here. | 我本打算在这玩《青蛙过河2》的 |
[04:03] | It’s exactly like the original except the frog can ride a duck. | 跟第一部完全一样 不过青蛙能骑鸭子了 |
[04:06] | Schmoo, sit your dimpled tushy down | 宝贝 让你肥嫩的小屁股坐稳 |
[04:08] | and help me corner the youth vote. | 帮我网罗青少年投票 |
[04:09] | Youths can’t vote, so I’ll catch you later. | 青少年不能投票 所以咱回见 |
[04:11] | Help me or I’ll donate your froggie duck game | 不帮我 我就捐了你的青蛙鸭子游戏 |
[04:13] | to the synagogue bazaar. | 捐给犹太教堂集市 |
[04:14] | With Purim on deck? | 马上就办普林节大集了 |
[04:16] | I can’t take that risk. | 我可不能冒这个险 |
[04:17] | Aw, he’s in ’cause he wants to be! | 他是自愿入伙的 |
[04:19] | Okay. Now, where were we? | 好了 我们说到哪了 |
[04:20] | So, according to the minutes, you said, | 从会议记录来看 你刚刚说 |
[04:23] | “I need a thousand ‘Beverly for Comptroller’ T-shirts,” | “我要一千件’选贝弗莉做审计官’T恤” |
[04:25] | and then Linda inquired, “Won’t that be expensive?” | 然后琳达追问”那要花好多钱吧” |
[04:28] | and then you shouted, “I don’t care what it costs!” | 然后你吼道”我不在乎花多少钱” |
[04:31] | And then you called Linda a “sun-baked shoe.” | 然后你称琳达为”褪色破鞋” |
[04:34] | I would never say that. | 我才不会说那种话 |
[04:36] | I said 2,000. | 我说的是两千件 |
[04:37] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么情况 |
[04:38] | For some reason, Mom’s running for city comptroller. | 老妈莫名其妙要竞选本市审计官 |
[04:40] | – That’s real? – I’m excited, too! | -来真的吗 -我也很兴奋 |
[04:42] | Oh, remember how I was saying | 还记得我总是说 |
[04:44] | I needed to start a new chapter in my life? | 我需要开始人生的新篇章吗 |
[04:46] | I vaguely remember dozing off to those words. | 我隐约记得听着听着睡着了 |
[04:48] | This is it! I’m in politics now! | 就是这个篇章 我现在从政了 |
[04:51] | Oh, good for you. Do me a favor. | 你真棒 帮我个忙 |
[04:53] | Just keep it down, | 小点声就行 |
[04:54] | ’cause I’m having trouble following The Fall Guy. | 因为我看《特技猎人》都听不清了 |
[04:58] | His enthusiasm is electric! | 他的热情电光四射 |
[05:01] | Okay. | 那好 |
[05:02] | What should my platform be? | 我该用什么说动群众 |
[05:04] | Well, what made you want to seek this office? | 你为什么想竞选这个职位 |
[05:06] | The leaves in my gutters. | 我家排水沟被落叶堵住了 |
[05:07] | What does that have to do with being a comptroller? | 那和做审计官有什么关系 |
[05:09] | I don’t know, timeworn Essie, | 我不知道 朽木尼亚 |
[05:10] | because I’m not exactly sure what a comptroller does. | 因为我也不确定审计官是干什么的 |
[05:12] | Might that possibly be a liability? | 这是否会对你形成不利呢 |
[05:15] | Ginzy, why are you even here? | 尼亚 你到底为什么来这 |
[05:16] | – You said there was a fire. – A fire for politics! | -因为你说起火了 -对政治的热火 |
[05:19] | No, you said there was a grease fire, | 不 你说是油锅起火 |
[05:21] | so I brought this bucket of sand. | 所以我带了这桶沙子来 |
[05:23] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[05:24] | Each grain in your stupid bucket | 你那破桶里的每一粒沙子 |
[05:26] | represents a life I’ll change for the better! | 代表着每一个我将改善的生命 |
[05:28] | That’s a pretty full bucket, Mom. | 那桶装得很满 老妈 |
[05:30] | I think there’s more grains in there than all the people on Earth. | 我觉得桶里的沙粒比地球总人口还多 |
[05:32] | How do you even count sand? | 沙粒要怎么数得过来 |
[05:33] | Probably by weight. | 称重计算 |
[05:35] | – That’s smart. I never knew that. – Yeah, I like that. | -真聪明 我以前都不知道 -我喜欢 |
[05:37] | Yes! You all hear my clarion call to action! | 太好了 你们都听到了我行动的号角 |
[05:39] | Together we can! | 一起 我们可以 |
[05:41] | My mom’s campaign was a runaway train. | 我妈的竞选如脱轨列车 |
[05:42] | But there was one person we could always count on | 但我们总能指望上某个人 |
[05:45] | to pump the brakes. | 猛踩刹车 |
[05:46] | I hope you’re aware | 我希望你意识到了 |
[05:47] | that your wife is down there destroying democracy! | 你妻子正在楼下毁掉民主 |
[05:49] | It had a good run. | 民主尽力了 |
[05:50] | If she wins, she’s gonna bankrupt the city! | 假如她当选 她会让城市破产的 |
[05:53] | Mm, changing things up. | 改变是好事 |
[05:54] | And you know this whole thing’s gonna end up costing you a fortune! | 你知道这最后会花掉你好多钱 |
[05:56] | Marriage ain’t cheap. | 都是婚姻的代价 |
[05:57] | How can you just sit there and not care about this? | 你怎能安稳坐着 对此毫不在意 |
[06:00] | I’m a riddle. | 我是个谜 |
[06:01] | I’m with the boy, Mur. | 我同意这孩子的话 老默 |
[06:03] | What’s your game here? | 你在玩什么把戏 |
[06:03] | No game. I’m just being a supportive husband. | 没有把戏 我不过是个支持妻子的丈夫 |
[06:06] | I’m kinda great. | 我人就这么好 |
[06:07] | That’s the thing, you’re not. | 问题是 你没有这么好 |
[06:09] | – I’m a riddle. – You said that. | -我是个谜 -你说过了 |
[06:10] | While my dad was surprisingly supportive, | 正当我爸的支持让人惊讶时 |
[06:12] | Geoff was about to get a shock of his own. | 杰夫也即将大吃一惊 |
[06:15] | Wait till you see this! | 你看到就知道了 |
[06:18] | Brick walls and exposed pipes? | 裸砖墙 外露的管线 |
[06:20] | Are we visiting the Tenement Museum? | 这里是物业博物馆吗 |
[06:21] | Nope. It’s our new home! | 不是 是我们的新家 |
[06:23] | I found us the most rad off-campus apartment anywhere. | 我找到了世上最酷的校外公寓 |
[06:26] | – How far off-campus are we? – Camden, New Jersey. | -到底离校园多远 -新泽西的卡姆登 |
[06:28] | That’s a whole different state than the one our college is in. | 跟我们的大学根本不在一个州 |
[06:30] | Geoff, why aren’t you more excited? | 杰夫 你怎么不太激动 |
[06:32] | We’re in the emerging arts district. | 我们在新兴艺术区 |
[06:33] | Emerging from what? | 什么新兴 |
[06:34] | There’s a sign at the restaurant across the street | 街对面的餐馆招牌写着 |
[06:36] | that says “Welcome to Little Botswana.” | “欢迎来到小博茨瓦纳”[非洲国家] |
[06:38] | Exactly. Emerging. | 没错 新兴 |
[06:40] | There you are! | 你在这 |
[06:41] | Barry? How did you find us? | 巴瑞 你怎么找到我们的 |
[06:42] | A big draw of this place | 这里原本最吸引人的地方 |
[06:43] | was you not knowing where it was. | 就是你不知道如何找上门 |
[06:45] | Sorry. I told him to meet me here. | 抱歉 我告诉他来这里碰面 |
[06:46] | Geoff, we have a James Bond mixer | 杰夫 我们要办邦德聚会 |
[06:48] | so freshmen can James Bond with other freshmen. | 这样新生之间就能建立友好邦德 |
[06:51] | I don’t get it, either. | 我也听不懂 |
[06:52] | Schwartz. Geoff Schwartz. License to party. | 施瓦茨 杰夫·施瓦茨 专业派对人士 |
[06:54] | Don’t do that at the mixer! Let’s go. | 在聚会上别这么傻 我们走 |
[06:56] | Wait, you can’t go. | 等等 你不能去 |
[06:57] | We have to do a credit check, | 我们必须做征信 |
[06:58] | sign a lease, and put down a deposit. | 签租约 付定金 |
[07:00] | Sorry, Bar, | 抱歉 小巴 |
[07:00] | instead of making new and exciting lifelong friendships, | 我不能去建立崭新刺激的终身友谊了 |
[07:03] | I gotta sign stuff. | 我得签字什么的 |
[07:05] | As Geoff gave in, | 正当杰夫屈服时 |
[07:06] | my mom wasn’t giving up on her local-government dreams. | 我妈还没放弃她进入本地政府的梦 |
[07:09] | Okay. Who’s ready for a debate? | 好了 谁准备好看辩论会了 |
[07:11] | That Wembley fella said yes to a debate? | 那个温布利居然同意辩论 |
[07:13] | I publicly questioned his manhood, | 我当众说他没有男子气概 |
[07:15] | so he had to! | 他不得不同意 |
[07:16] | Adam recorded it. | 亚当都录下来了 |
[07:19] | Same outfit Apollo Creed wore | 拳王阿波罗就是穿着这身 |
[07:20] | when he entered the ring in Rocky. | 踏上拳击台对战洛基的 |
[07:21] | Good eye. | 好眼力 |
[07:22] | Now, remember, I’ve never actually been in a debate before, | 别忘了 我从没实际参加过辩论 |
[07:25] | so I was a little rusty on the rules. | 所以我不太懂规则 |
[07:28] | My name is Dodd Wembley. | 我叫多德·温布利 |
[07:29] | I know Dodd Wembley. | 我认识多德·温布利 |
[07:31] | Dodd Wembley is a friend of mine. | 多德·温布利是我朋友 |
[07:33] | You, sir, are no Dodd Wembley. | 而你 先生 不是多德·温布利 |
[07:35] | I literally am. Dodd Wembley. | 我是实打实的多德·温布利 |
[07:37] | There you go again. | 你又来了 |
[07:39] | Again? I haven’t said anything. | 什么又来 我还什么都没说 |
[07:40] | And thanks to my mom, he wouldn’t. | 有我妈在 他也没机会说话 |
[07:42] | It’s morning in Jenkintown, which means | 珍金镇又迎来了清晨 那意味着 |
[07:44] | Dodd Wembley is taking his anxiety medication. | 多德·温布利正在服用抗焦虑药 |
[07:49] | That’s for one of the dogs I foster. | 是我领养的狗狗之一要吃药 |
[07:50] | She played the sexism card. | 她打出了性别歧视牌 |
[07:52] | So a woman couldn’t do this job. | 这么说女人就不能做这份工作 |
[07:54] | Is that what you’re saying? | 你是这个意思吗 |
[07:55] | I’m just saying I have 10 years of experience. | 我只是说我有十年的工作经验 |
[07:58] | – There you go again. – Stop saying that! | -你又来了 -别重复这句话了 |
[08:00] | And then she played whatever card this is. | 然后她打出了 谁知道这是什么牌 |
[08:03] | In conclusion, Dodd Wembley is a drug addict | 总而言之 多德·温布利是瘾君子 |
[08:06] | who eats kittens. | 还吃猫咪 |
[08:08] | No, you can’t say that! | 不 你不能这么说 |
[08:09] | That is a completely false and damaging statement! | 这是完全不实的诽谤 |
[08:12] | Oh, look who hates free speech! | 看看是谁憎恨自由发言 |
[08:14] | God bless America! | 天佑美国 |
[08:18] | You got my vote. | 我会投票给你 |
[08:19] | Oh, Murray, you are a treasure. | 默里 你真是宝藏 |
[08:21] | I have one thought, | 我有个想法 |
[08:22] | which is I’m done with this campaign | 我要退出这次竞选活动 |
[08:25] | and possibly our friendship. | 或许连朋友也别做了 |
[08:27] | – Ginzy said my thing. – Love the outfit, though. | -我想法和尼娅一样 -不过你衣服很好看 |
[08:30] | Sorry, Mom, I’m off this train, too. | 抱歉 老妈 我也要跳车自保了 |
[08:32] | Schmoo, I need you! | 宝贝 我需要你 |
[08:34] | Everything I’m doing, I’m doing for you! | 我所做的一切都是为你做的 |
[08:36] | Why, exactly? | 此话怎讲 |
[08:37] | So you can see that anything is possible. | 为了让你看到一切皆有可能 |
[08:39] | I got that from the debate. I’m out. | 我从辩论会看出来了 我闪了 |
[08:41] | I’ll let you shoot my campaign ad with an unlimited budget. | 我让你不计成本地帮我拍竞选广告 |
[08:43] | I always believed in you. Let’s do this! | 我一直都相信你 我们开工吧 |
[08:46] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[08:48] | Soon, the corridors of power will be mine. | 很快 权力的走廊将由我掌控 |
[08:50] | You got my vote! | 我会投票给你 |
[08:52] | My sister was loving her new off-campus apartment. | 我姐很爱校外新公寓 |
[08:55] | But for Geoff, it was a little too off-campus. | 但对杰夫而言 公寓离校园过于远了 |
[08:57] | Uh, what’s with the dorkwear? | 为什么穿得这么呆 |
[08:59] | It’s freshman field day. I’m on the purple team. | 今天是新生运动会 我是紫人队的 |
[09:01] | White is our mortal enemy. You’re leaving now? | -白人是我们的死敌 -你现在要走 |
[09:03] | But I’m turning this drab nook into a twinkly wonderland. | 可我正把这单调的角落装扮成闪亮乐土 |
[09:05] | Yeah, I love how hard it’ll be for me to see my textbooks. | 是啊 教科书都看不清了 真好 |
[09:08] | You’re not gonna help us? | 你不帮我们吗 |
[09:09] | I guess I could be late to the thing I’m really excited about | 我想我可以迟点再去特想参加的活动 |
[09:11] | because of these lights that just kinda meander across the wall. | 因为这些灯在墙上挂得蜿蜒曲折 |
[09:14] | There ya go, Kris Kringle. | 这就对了 圣诞老人 |
[09:15] | Grab some thumb tacks and go where the wire takes ya. | 拿点图钉 顺着线路挂起来 |
[09:18] | Yep, always the supportive boyfriend, | 没错 作为永远支持女友的男友 |
[09:19] | Geoff once again put Erica first. | 杰夫又一次把爱丽卡放在了第一位 |
[09:22] | Over here, I guess? | 挂到这边吧 |
[09:23] | Freshman Week would have to wait. | 新生周只能等着了 |
[09:25] | Geoff, where you been? | 杰夫 你去哪了 |
[09:27] | It’s Field Day, not Field Early Evening. | 今天是运动会 不是运动晚会 |
[09:29] | I caught a fierce headwind on the Ben Franklin Bridge, | 我在富兰克林桥上遇到了猛烈的逆风 |
[09:31] | but I’m here now. Let the games begin! | 但现在我来了 让比赛开始吧 |
[09:32] | We just let them end. | 比赛刚结束 |
[09:33] | So, let ’em begin again. | 那就再开始一次 |
[09:35] | Ooh, the sack race! I’m a demon at that! | 麻袋赛跑 这个我最厉害了 |
[09:38] | Oh, this is not empty, and it’s also wet. | 这里面有东西 还是湿的 |
[09:39] | Yeah, you’re jumping in trash and beer vomit, | 是的 你跳进了垃圾和啤酒呕吐物 |
[09:42] | but here’s a fun event, you finish cleaning up. | 但有趣的活动是 你可以都打扫干净 |
[09:45] | Turns out the sack race wasn’t all Geoff missed. | 原来杰夫错过的远不只麻袋赛跑 |
[09:48] | There was the surprise guest speaker. | 还有惊喜来宾演讲 |
[09:50] | Holy crap! That was life-changing! | 我的天 这经历能改变人生 |
[09:52] | What was life changing? | 什么能改变人生 |
[09:53] | A boring meeting with no fun surprises? | 没有惊喜的无聊聚会吗 |
[09:55] | Maya Angelou, bro! | 玛雅·安吉罗来了 老兄 |
[09:56] | She read a poem and did a kamikaze shot! | 她读了一首诗 还干了杯神风特攻队 |
[09:59] | She knows why the caged bird parties. | 她知道笼中的鸟儿为何派对 |
[10:01] | As the week went on, Geoff couldn’t catch a break. | 随着一周过去 杰夫总是错过聚会 |
[10:03] | – What happened to you? – Tell me it’s not over. | -你怎么没来 -告诉我还没结束 |
[10:05] | It was so cool! | 派对太酷了 |
[10:07] | Sheets are not just for ghosts or creating forts. | 床单不只能用来扮鬼搭堡垒 |
[10:09] | Can I get a redo? I’m free tomorrow afternoon! | 我能重办一次吗 我明天下午有空 |
[10:12] | Eh, it was once-in-a-lifetime, never to be duplicated. | 那是一期一会 无法复制的 |
[10:14] | The Bangles came by and welcomed us with a song. | 手镯乐队来了 唱歌欢迎我们 |
[10:16] | Oh, no. Was it Walk Like An Egyptian? | 不 唱的是《迈起埃及步》吗 |
[10:18] | – Does this answer your question? – It does! | -这个动作回答你的问题了吗 -回答了 |
[10:20] | – Boneyard does it better. – Who’s Boneyard? | -骨头哥学得更像 -骨头哥是谁 |
[10:22] | I gave everyone nicknames while you were gone, | 你不在的时候我给每个人起了外号 |
[10:23] | but don’t worry, you got one. | 别担心 你也有 |
[10:25] | – You’re “No Show.” – “No Show”? | -你是”没来哥” -“没来哥” |
[10:27] | I have other options, Jersey Guy, | 我也有其他选择 泽西路人 |
[10:29] | Geoffrey Come Lately, | 迟来的杰夫瑞 |
[10:30] | St. Elsewhere, Off Ramp, | 圣别地 校外者 |
[10:32] | the White Shadow, Figment, | 白色魅影 虚幻人 |
[10:33] | Mysterio, Invisible Man, | 神秘客 隐形人 |
[10:35] | King Gone, The Misser, | 金不刚 今何在 |
[10:37] | The Great Flake, Mr. Missed It. | 天窗鸽王 错过的美好 |
[10:39] | I don’t want to be called any of those! | 哪个我都不喜欢 |
[10:40] | “No Show” it is! | 那就是”没来哥” |
[10:42] | – I’ve missed everything. – You have! | -我错过了一切 -没错 |
[10:44] | Did you know Neil and Lauren are a couple now? | 你知道尼尔和劳伦开始交往了吗 |
[10:46] | I don’t even know who you’re talking about. | 我都不知道你说的那两个人是谁 |
[10:47] | Sorry, Woodchip and The Wolf. | 抱歉 是木片和饿狼 |
[10:49] | Okay, if I don’t know who they are, | 假如我不知道这两个人是谁 |
[10:50] | then how would I know their nicknames? | 你说外号我也还是不知道 |
[10:51] | Hey, don’t get mad at me, No Show. | 别生我的气 没来哥 |
[10:54] | You’re the one who lives off campus. | 谁让你住在校外 |
[10:55] | But I didn’t choose that. | 可那不是我选的 |
[10:57] | As no show missed everything, | 正当没来哥错过一切时 |
[10:58] | my mom was doing everything she could | 我妈正用尽一切手段 |
[11:00] | to make the perfect campaign ad. | 拍摄完美的竞选广告 |
[11:02] | Okay. Now dazzle me with a mind so brilliant, | 好 用你的天才头脑让我目眩吧 |
[11:05] | I will never make it have a summer job. | 我永远不会逼你打暑期工 |
[11:07] | Well, I realized I’m more sci-fi than politics, | 我意识到比起政治我更喜欢科幻 |
[11:10] | so I’m thinking a stop-motion re-creation | 所以我想用定格动画重现 |
[11:13] | of the Battle of Endor, | 星战恩多战役 |
[11:15] | where you’re leading the Alliance… | 你将在其中带领联盟 |
[11:16] | We’ll keep that in mind for when the voting age is 7. | 等七岁小孩能投票我们再考虑这个 |
[11:19] | – Next! – Hurtful. | -下一个 -好伤人 |
[11:20] | Okay, everyone loves a parody and break dancing. | 好吧 人人都喜欢恶搞和霹雳舞 |
[11:23] | Thus, “Breakin’ 2: Election Boogaloo.” | 所以《霹雳舞2 大选布加洛》 |
[11:26] | Skip to the ones that don’t suck. | 快进到不糟烂的主意 |
[11:28] | Tough but fair. | 严厉但言之有理 |
[11:29] | Okay. You know the fast-talking guy | 好吧 小小赛车广告里 |
[11:31] | from the Micro Machine commercials? | 不是有个说话很快的家伙吗 |
[11:33] | This is the Micro Machine Man, presenting the most midget, | 我是小小赛车手 向您呈现最小型 |
[11:34] | miniature motorcade of Micro Machines. | 微型机器组成的小小赛车 |
[11:35] | We hire him to list | 我们请他来列举 |
[11:37] | and hopefully hide your lack of qualifications. | 最好能同时隐藏你所缺乏的任职资格 |
[11:39] | Beverly Goldberg has no experience or discernable skills, | 贝弗莉·金伯格毫无经验和特长 |
[11:41] | but you’re not understanding a word I’m saying | 但我说的话你一个字也听不清 |
[11:42] | so maybe you’ll vote for her anyway. | 所以或许你会投票给她 |
[11:43] | Okay, I’m gonna put this gently. | 好吧 让我柔和地告诉你 |
[11:45] | Your ideas are crap. | 你的主意都是垃圾 |
[11:47] | Not sure you’re nailing “gently.” | 你说得一点也不”柔和” |
[11:48] | I need something catchy and inspired and… | 我需要简单上口 激励人心的 |
[11:50] | This is a story about control. | 这是一个关于控制的故事 |
[11:52] | My control. | 我的控制 |
[11:53] | Control of what I say and control of what I do. | 控制我的一言一行 |
[11:57] | What kind of feast for the eyes is this? | 我眼前的这场盛宴是什么 |
[11:59] | That’s Control, Janet Jackson’s masterpiece | 是《控制》 珍妮·杰克逊的杰作 |
[12:02] | and her personal testament to self-actualization. | 也是她对自我实现的个人证明 |
[12:04] | You know a lot about this Janet Jackson. | 你似乎很了解这个珍妮·杰克逊 |
[12:06] | She was Willis’s girlfriend on Diff’rent Strokes. | 她在《细路仔》里是威利的女朋友 |
[12:08] | This is what I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[12:11] | And you’re gonna give it to me, | 而你要帮我搞定 |
[12:12] | because I gave you life. | 因为我给了你生命 |
[12:14] | That comes up more than it should, but sure. | 你不该总说这句话 但好吧 |
[12:18] | This is a story about comptrol. | 这是一个关于审计的故事 |
[12:21] | My comptrol. | 我的审计 |
[12:23] | Comptrol of what I say and comptrol of what I do. | 审计我的一言一行 |
[12:27] | And this time, I’m gonna do it my way. | 而这一次 我要按我的方式来 |
[12:30] | This time? | 什么这一次 |
[12:31] | I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. | 我希望你们能像我一样享受 |
[12:34] | Are we ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[12:36] | I am. | 我准备好了 |
[12:38] | ‘Cause it’s all about comptrol. | 因为这一切都是关于审计 |
[12:39] | And I’ve got lots of it. | 我的审计无休无止 |
[12:46] | *When I was 17* | *当我还是十七岁少女* |
[12:47] | *I did what people told me* | *任别人对我指手画脚* |
[12:53] | *Did what my father said* | *对父亲的话言听计从* |
[12:55] | *And let my mother mold me* | *由母亲指导一举一动* |
[12:59] | *But that was long ago* | *但那已是陈年旧事* |
[13:00] | *I’m in comptrol* | *如今诸事由我审计* |
[13:03] | *Never gonna stop* | *我不会再停止* |
[13:05] | *Comptrol* | *审计* |
[13:07] | *Get what I want* | *我想怎样就怎样* |
[13:16] | *Comptrol* | *审计* |
[13:19] | And it goes on like that for another 17 minutes. | 接下来还会唱跳十七分钟 |
[13:22] | Isn’t it amazing? | 是不是很惊人 |
[13:23] | I have so many questions. | 我有好多问题 |
[13:25] | Starting with, what the fxxx was that? | 先问一句 这他妈是个啥 |
[13:28] | Just a rousing appeal to the voters of Jenkintown. | 这只是振奋珍金镇选民的呼吁 |
[13:30] | Murray, please jump in here! | 默里 求你插句嘴 |
[13:33] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[13:35] | Schmoo, let’s send a copy to MTV. | 宝贝 我们拷贝一份发给MTV |
[13:37] | They’ll play it, | 他们会放的 |
[13:38] | and we’ll have the youth vote in the bag. | 青少年选票就是我们囊中物了 |
[13:39] | That’s for sure how it works. | 选举就是这个原理 |
[13:42] | All right, Murray, it’s a fact, you’re up to something. | 好吧 默里 事实证明你绝对有所图 |
[13:45] | Can’t a man support his wife? | 一个男人就不能支持他的妻子吗 |
[13:46] | If the man is you? Typically, no. | 假如那个男人是你 通常不会 |
[13:48] | She’s clearly out of comptrol. | 她显然审计失心疯了 |
[13:51] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[13:52] | You know how Bevy’s always looking for purpose in her life | 你知道贝弗总在寻找生活目标 |
[13:55] | and she always has these bad ideas | 关于人生的下一篇章 |
[13:57] | of what her next chapter should be? | 她想到的都是些馊主意 |
[13:58] | Sure. Teaching. Cookbooking. | 是啊 育人 食谱 |
[14:01] | Selling mannequins door to door. | 上门推销人体模型 |
[14:03] | It was surprising how well that went. | 那次居然还挺顺利 |
[14:05] | I’m sick of being the one to tell her | 我受够了总是由我告诉她 |
[14:07] | how stupid her life choices are. | 她的人生选择有多愚蠢 |
[14:09] | There’s probably a better way to say that. | 或许有更好的方式告诉她这点 |
[14:11] | Exactly. I’m gonna let the voters tell her for me. | 没错 我要让选民替我告诉她 |
[14:14] | Let them be the bad guy. | 让他们做坏人去 |
[14:16] | And then, I’ll be the supportive husband | 之后 我会作为支持她的丈夫 |
[14:18] | who doesn’t have to move. | 不必动一根脚趾 |
[14:19] | That actually makes some sense. | 居然有些道理 |
[14:21] | That’s what I was going for. | 我就是这个目的 |
[14:23] | I just found out that the comptroller | 我刚刚得知审计官 |
[14:24] | doesn’t get an inaugural ball. | 居然连就职舞会都没有 |
[14:26] | When you win, I’m gonna throw you | 等你当选 我给你办一场 |
[14:29] | the biggest one the city’s ever seen, my love. | 这座城市里最盛大的舞会 我的爱人 |
[14:33] | While my mom was on top of the political world, | 正当我妈登上政坛巅峰时 |
[14:35] | Geoff’s Freshman Week had bottomed out. | 杰夫的新生周跌进了谷底 |
[14:38] | There’s my guy. How was your toga thingy? | 我男人回来了 托加袍派对好玩吗 |
[14:40] | Must have been crazy, ’cause you got a little soot on ya. | 肯定很疯狂 不然你怎么一身煤灰 |
[14:42] | This isn’t soot. | 这不是煤灰 |
[14:43] | It’s exhaust from the many vehicles on the New Jersey Turnpike. | 是新泽西收费公路上众多车辆排放的废气 |
[14:45] | You know, funny story. | 说来有趣 |
[14:46] | I actually drove right by the school. | 我其实开车路过学校来着 |
[14:48] | I could’ve taken you. | 本可以载你回来 |
[14:48] | That is funny! | 确实有趣 |
[14:52] | Dude, what’s with the crazy laugh? | 哥们 你为什么笑得这么疯狂 |
[14:54] | You seem miffed. | 你好像有点生气 |
[14:55] | Oh, my God. How do you not get it? | 我的天 你怎么还没明白 |
[14:57] | I don’t want to live here! | 我不想住在这 |
[14:58] | What? But we decided… | 什么 可我们决定 |
[15:00] | No, you decided! | 不 是你决定的 |
[15:01] | You lectured me on how all the stuff that I thought was important | 你跟我讲那些我觉得很重要的活动 |
[15:03] | was lame and dumb! | 都又逊又蠢 |
[15:04] | Only because I know better. | 因为我知道的比你多 |
[15:06] | Here’s something I know, | 而我也知道一件事 |
[15:07] | you’re gonna make this right. | 你要补偿我 |
[15:08] | What? How would I even do that? | 什么 我怎么可能办到 |
[15:09] | By giving me my Freshman Week back! Come on. | 把我的新生周还给我 快来 |
[15:12] | Geoff wasn’t gonna let Erica off the hook, | 杰夫不打算轻易放过爱丽卡 |
[15:14] | even though he really didn’t have much of a plan. | 尽管他其实毫无计划 |
[15:16] | Geoff, what the hell are you doing? | 杰夫 你这是干什么 |
[15:18] | The classic Penn tradition, The Naked Mile! | 宾州大的传统活动 裸奔一千六百米 |
[15:19] | Wait. You’re streaking? | 等等 你要裸奔 |
[15:20] | Here? In Camden, New Jersey? | 在这 在新泽西的卡姆登 |
[15:22] | Hell yeah I am! | 没错 我要脱 |
[15:23] | Ever since we got together, | 自打我们在一起 |
[15:24] | I’ve been all about what Erica wants. | 我只顾着爱丽卡想要什么 |
[15:26] | But right now, it’s about what I want. | 但现在 我要做我想做的 |
[15:28] | And I wanna jog naked in these unknown streets! | 我想在这陌生的街头裸奔 |
[15:30] | Oh, God. Please don’t take your underwear off. | 老天 求你别脱内裤 |
[15:31] | Let’s just go inside, and we can talk about it. | 我们进屋去好好聊聊 |
[15:33] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么可聊的 |
[15:34] | Behold my body, Little Botswana! | 欣赏爷的胴体 小博茨瓦纳 |
[15:37] | Oh, no! | 糟糕 |
[15:38] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:38] | It’s not what it looks like, Officer. | 不是看起来的那样 警官 |
[15:40] | This is just a storied tradition at a college in another state. | 这是其他州某所大学的传奇传统 |
[15:43] | Then it’s cool. | 那就没事了 |
[15:44] | – Really? – Not at all. | -真的吗 -假的 |
[15:45] | As Geoff laid himself bare, | 正当杰夫坦诚相见时 |
[15:46] | my mom could barely contain her Election Day excitement. | 选举日的兴奋几乎让我妈无法抑制 |
[15:49] | Does this outfit say, “I’m in Comptrol”? | 这身衣服能不能展现出”由我审计” |
[15:52] | Big-time. | 完全能 |
[15:53] | I have to tell you, Murray, | 我必须告诉你 默里 |
[15:54] | I don’t think I could’ve done this without you. | 我觉得没有你我办不到这些 |
[15:56] | I’m good like that. | 我就是那么好 |
[15:57] | So what was the atmosphere like | 所以你之前去投票时 |
[15:58] | at the elementary school when you went to vote? | 投票站所在的小学整体气氛如何 |
[16:01] | It was electric and, uh, goose bumps and whatnot. | 电光四射 鸡皮四起什么的 |
[16:04] | So exciting! | 太激动人心了 |
[16:06] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:07] | Where’s your “I Voted” sticker? | 你的”我投票了”贴纸在哪 |
[16:11] | It must’ve fallen off outside. | 肯定是掉在外面了 |
[16:13] | You know, it’s windy as can be. | 今天风特别大 |
[16:15] | Murray, you did vote, didn’t you? | 默里 你去投票了对吗 |
[16:17] | You know it. | 那还用说 |
[16:18] | Making my voice heard. | 让人们听到我的声音 |
[16:19] | – And you voted in the gym? – In the gym! | -你去体育馆投票了 -去体育馆了 |
[16:22] | Exercising my civic duty. | 行使我的公民义务 |
[16:24] | – It was in the cafeteria. – Oh, boy. | -投票站在食堂 -老天 |
[16:26] | “Oh, boy” is right! | 叫天就对了 |
[16:28] | I thought I had the support | 我还以为我拥有 |
[16:29] | of the most important person in my life. | 生命中最重要的人的支持 |
[16:31] | And you couldn’t even be bothered | 可你却根本不在乎 |
[16:33] | to get up off your butt and vote for me? | 不愿抬抬屁股去帮我投票 |
[16:35] | Bevy, you don’t even know what a comptroller is. | 贝弗 你连审计官是什么都不知道 |
[16:38] | You don’t even want the job. | 你根本不想要那职务 |
[16:40] | How dare you tell me what I want! | 你怎能替我决定我想要什么 |
[16:42] | This is the first thing in a long time | 这么久以来 这是我第一次 |
[16:44] | I’ve been excited about. | 找到让我激动的事 |
[16:45] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[16:47] | I’m gonna do it anyway. | 我还是要去做 |
[16:48] | All on my own. | 靠我自己 |
[16:51] | Thanks for nothing, Murray. | 多谢你的无动于衷 默里 |
[16:55] | Geoff’s naked run had gotten him in trouble, | 杰夫的裸奔让他惹上了麻烦 |
[16:57] | and there was one person who thought he could help. | 有一个人觉得他能帮上忙 |
[16:59] | Officer! | 警官 |
[17:01] | I demand you release this freshman to my custody. | 我要求你将这个新生转交由我监护 |
[17:04] | Look, I really don’t have the… | 我真的… |
[17:05] | Excuse me. I’m talking. | 不好意思 我还在说话 |
[17:07] | Now, I know this is messy, in terms of jurisdiction, | 我知道就司法管辖权而言这很麻烦 |
[17:10] | but orientation leader trumps beat cop any day of the week. | 但不管何时何地 新生负责人都大过警察 |
[17:13] | I’m trying to tell you he’s free to go. | 我只是想告诉你他可以走人了 |
[17:15] | He won’t get out the car. | 他不肯从车里出来 |
[17:16] | He lost his mind because he missed some party. | 错过一场派对他就精神失常了 |
[17:19] | It wasn’t just one party. | 不只是一场派对 |
[17:20] | He missed all of Freshman Week. | 他错过了整个新生周 |
[17:22] | A lifetime of memories. | 一生的回忆 |
[17:24] | He will never get that back. | 他永远找不回来 |
[17:25] | Aw, damn it. | 见鬼 |
[17:26] | I took his whole special week from him. | 我让他错失了特殊的一周 |
[17:28] | Can I go in and talk to him? | 我能上车跟他聊聊吗 |
[17:29] | Somebody do something. | 谁有辙谁上 |
[17:31] | Could I ask you some accuracy questions | 我能否问你一些准确的问题 |
[17:32] | about Turner & Hooch? | 是关于《福星与福将》的 |
[17:33] | You need to leave, now. | 你现在就给我走 |
[17:36] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想说话 |
[17:38] | Then I will. | 那我说 |
[17:40] | Geoff, I’m so sorry, about everything. | 杰夫 关于一切我好抱歉 |
[17:43] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[17:43] | I should’ve never pushed the apartment on you. | 我不该逼你搬进公寓 |
[17:46] | And I took for granted how sweet and agreeable | 因为你这么贴心 顾及他人 有爱 |
[17:50] | and loving you are… And it was selfish. | 我占了你的便宜 我太自私了 |
[17:52] | That’s nice, but it’s not just the apartment. | 很动听 但不只是公寓 |
[17:54] | – It’s literally everything. – That’s not true. | -是所有一切 -不是这样的 |
[17:56] | Oh, my God, it’s always been true. | 我的天 一直都是这样的 |
[17:59] | When we got together, I was an insecure pushover | 我们开始交往时 我是个自卑的窝囊废 |
[18:02] | who was so grateful to get you | 我好感恩能追到你 |
[18:03] | that I didn’t care that we did everything on your terms. | 我不介意所有事都按你的意思办 |
[18:05] | I didn’t want that. | 我也不想那样 |
[18:06] | I know. It’s my fault, too. I let it happen. | 我知道 也是我的错 我听之任之 |
[18:09] | – But no more. – So, what are you saying? | -但不能再这样了 -你是什么意思 |
[18:11] | I’m saying I don’t want to live together anymore. | 我的意思是我不想再同居下去了 |
[18:13] | You’re breaking up with me? | 你要跟我分手吗 |
[18:15] | Please, just… I’ll do anything. | 求你别这样 我什么都愿意做 |
[18:17] | – Don’t do this. – Stop. | -不要这样 -打住 |
[18:19] | We’re not breaking up. | 我不是要分手 |
[18:21] | I just need to carve out some space for me. | 我只是需要打造一些个人空间 |
[18:24] | I want to be a freshman. | 我想好好做新生 |
[18:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:29] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[18:30] | Then that’s what we’ll do. | 那我们就这么办 |
[18:33] | But when you’re done with your freshman stuff, | 可等你体验了新生该做的 |
[18:35] | will you come hang out with your super-cool off-campus girlfriend? | 你愿意来陪陪很酷的校外女友吗 |
[18:39] | That would make me happy. | 那会让我很开心的 |
[18:42] | Then that’s all that matters. | 你开心才是最重要的 |
[18:51] | I know this doesn’t make up for what a jerk I’ve been, but, uh… | 我知道这也弥补不了我之前的混蛋行为 |
[18:55] | Thanks, but didn’t do a lot of good. | 谢了 不过杯水车薪 |
[18:59] | That bad? | 有那么惨 |
[19:00] | It was a landslide. | 一边倒 |
[19:03] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[19:04] | I just wanted to find something, you know? | 我只是想找到点奔头 明白吗 |
[19:06] | And you will. | 你会找到的 |
[19:08] | So you lost. Come on. Who cares? | 拜托 你输了又如何 谁在乎 |
[19:10] | Look at what you accomplished. | 看看你做到的这一切 |
[19:11] | You got your name on the ballot, | 你让名字上了选票 |
[19:13] | you made a great campaign video, | 拍了很棒的竞选视频 |
[19:15] | and I saw you smoke a guy in a debate. | 我还看到你在辩论上让别人体无完肤 |
[19:18] | I did, didn’t I? | 我确实做到了 不是吗 |
[19:20] | Yeah! | 当然 |
[19:20] | You’re Beverly Goldberg. You’re relentless. | 你是贝弗莉·金伯格 不达目的不罢休 |
[19:24] | Imagine how it’s gonna be when you find the right thing. | 想想等你找到对的奔头该有多厉害 |
[19:27] | That day, | 那天 |
[19:28] | my mom learned she’d always have my dad’s vote. | 我妈知道了我爸永远会为她投票 |
[19:32] | ‘Cause that’s what you do for the people you love. | 因为我们愿意为挚爱如此付出 |
[19:34] | You sure you’re okay with this? | 你确定你不介意这样吗 |
[19:35] | Absolutely. | 绝对确定 |
[19:36] | Besides, if you backed out now, | 再说 假如你现在后悔 |
[19:38] | I think your new roommate might kill you. | 我想你的新室友可能会杀了你 |
[19:40] | – No way! – Way! | -不可能 -可能 |
[19:41] | My orienting made me realize | 新生报到让我意识到 |
[19:44] | it would be fun to have another shot at campus life. | 再尝试一次校园生活会很有趣 |
[19:46] | Especially with you. | 特别是跟你一起 |
[19:48] | Dude! | 哥们 |
[19:52] | Sometimes all you have to do to support the people in your life | 想支持生活中的伙伴 有时你需要做的 |
[19:55] | is be there for them. | 仅仅是陪伴他们 |
[19:58] | Other times, it’s about giving them the space they need. | 另外一些时候 则是给他们一些空间 |
[20:03] | But either way, the fact that you found that person | 但无论何种方式 你已经拥有了那个人 |
[20:07] | means you’ve pretty much already won. | 基本上 你已经胜利了 |
[20:12] | 此集献给贝弗莉 她永远说了算 | |
[20:14] | This is intense! | 太厉害了 |
[20:15] | I’m trying to get some light. | 我想尽量让光线充足些 |
[20:17] | Get the fxxx in this house now! | 快给老娘滚进屋 |
[20:19] | Again, being a police officer | 再说一次 做警官 |
[20:21] | is not at all like you see in the movies. | 跟你在电影里看到的完全不一样 |
[20:23] | Totally get that. Question. | 完全明白 提问 |
[20:24] | Is there a separate academy | 想成为机械战警的人 |
[20:25] | for people who want to become Robocops? | 要去特殊的警校吗 |
[20:27] | Were you surprised to learn that a Beverly Hills cop | 你是不是很诧异 《比弗利山警察》 |
[20:29] | was every bit as street savvy as a big-city cop? | 居然跟大都市警察一样市井气 |
[20:32] | Are you more attracted to Cagney or Lacey? | 你觉得《警花拍档》哪个女主更有魅力 |
[20:35] | There is a right answer. | 是有正确答案的 |
[20:37] | When you’re on a motorcycle and you arrest someone, | 当你骑着摩托车逮捕别人时 |
[20:39] | how do you get the bad guy to hold onto you | 载罪犯回警局的路上 |
[20:41] | on the ride back to the station? | 该让罪犯怎么抱着你 |
[20:42] | Would you say you’re more Tango or Cash? | 你觉得你更像《怒虎狂龙》哪个男主 |
[20:44] | How come every cop’s biggest case happens | 为什么每个警察马上要退休的那周 |
[20:47] | the week they’re about to retire? | 都会遇到人生中最大的案子 |
[20:49] | Could a police horse arrest a normal horse? | 警用马能逮捕普通马吗 |
[20:51] | Are you undercover 21 Jump Street-ing me? | 你是不是像《龙虎少年队》在搞卧底 |
[20:53] | ‘Cause if I ask, you gotta tell me! | 因为我问了你就必须说实话 |
[20:55] | I’m in my uniform! | 有穿警服卧底的吗 |
[20:57] | Now say, “Do you feel lucky, punk?” | 快说”走运了吧 瘪三” |
[20:59] | I really don’t. | 我真的不走运啊 |