时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the 80s, I love the good popcorn flick. | 在八十年代 我很爱爆米花电影 |
[00:02] | so much so that I made my own versions of them. | 以至于自己翻拍了许多 |
[00:04] | Yep, nothing thrilled me more than a light-hearted romp, | 没错 轻松喜剧最让我兴奋 |
[00:07] | and I couldn’t wait to be inspired by Hollywood’s latest. | 我等不急看好莱坞的最新片了 |
[00:10] | One for “Turner & Hooch,” please. | 一张《古惑丑拍档》 谢谢 |
[00:12] | Sorry, it’s sold out. | 抱歉 卖光了 |
[00:13] | But I had my heart set | 可我一心想看 |
[00:15] | on the gentle action-comedy of Tom Hanks. | 汤姆·汉克斯的微动作喜剧 |
[00:17] | “Do the Right Thing” starts in five minutes. | 《为所应为》五分钟后开场 |
[00:18] | Does it have action? Excitement? | 有动作戏吗 激动人心吗 |
[00:20] | A hound with a nose for murder? | 有能嗅出凶杀案的猎犬吗 |
[00:22] | It has Danny Aiello. | 有丹尼·爱罗 |
[00:23] | From “Broadway’s Danny Rose”? Sold. | 《丹尼玫瑰》的演员 我看 |
[00:25] | Spike Lee, huh? | 斯派克·李 |
[00:28] | What a fun name! | 名字真有趣 |
[00:30] | Turns out, “Do the Right Thing” was no light-hearted romp. | 原来《为所应为》并不是轻松喜剧 |
[00:33] | It was a groundbreaking look | 这是对种族主义造成的 |
[00:34] | at the tensions, heartache, and violence caused by racism. | 紧张局面 心痛及暴力的突破性观察 |
[00:37] | I was inspired, but in a different way, | 我以全新的方式受到了鼓舞 |
[00:39] | and I had to tell someone. | 我必须找人诉说 |
[00:41] | Radio Raheem had this huge boombox | 收音机拉希姆有一个超大的收音机 |
[00:43] | and “love” and “hate” on his hands. | 然后手上有”爱”和”恨” |
[00:45] | And then Brooklyn was super hot, | 然后布鲁克林酷热难耐 |
[00:47] | so this sweaty Larry Bird guy is scuffing people’s shoes. | 所以满身汗的拉里·伯德在帮人擦鞋 |
[00:50] | – And-and — – O-Okay, you’re having a fever dream. | -然后然后 -你这是烧糊涂了 |
[00:52] | I’m gonna run and go get the tushie thermometer. | 我这就去拿菊花体温计 |
[00:54] | Mom, we’ve discussed this. | 妈 我们讨论过这件事了 |
[00:55] | I’m okay with the mouth one now. | 我现在可以用口腔测温的了 |
[00:57] | I need you to listen. | 你得听我说 |
[00:58] | See, Mookie works at this pizza place — | 穆奇在一家披萨店工作 |
[01:00] | Pizza! Yes. | 披萨 好啊 |
[01:01] | Let’s get some pizza and some crazy bread. | 我们订披萨和芝士夹心面包吃吧 |
[01:04] | We’re not getting pizza. | 我们不是要订披萨 |
[01:05] | We’re opening our eyes to prejudice. | 我们要张开眼睛好好看看偏见 |
[01:07] | No, no. Too late! | 不行 太晚了 |
[01:08] | I’m in. I had pizza for lunch, | 我也想吃 我中午就吃的披萨 |
[01:09] | but I’ll just fold it over and say it’s a calzone. | 但我可以折起来假装是披萨盒子 |
[01:11] | And I’ll take Hawaiian. | 我要夏威夷披萨 |
[01:13] | Those island people wear flip-flops to the office. | 这些岛民穿拖鞋去上班 |
[01:15] | They know how to live. | 他们懂得生活之道 |
[01:16] | Pineapple? | 菠萝 |
[01:17] | Who puts fruit on a pizza? | 谁会在披萨上放水果 |
[01:19] | This guy! | 这家伙 |
[01:20] | There’s literally nothing I won’t eat | 只要是放在面团芝士酱汁上的 |
[01:22] | if it’s on top of sauce, cheese, and dough. | 没有我不愿意吃的东西 |
[01:24] | What about sardines? | 沙丁鱼呢 |
[01:24] | Those salty little guppies? | 那种咸咸的小鱼 |
[01:26] | – Stack ’em up. – Yogurt? | -随便放 -酸奶呢 |
[01:27] | It’ll just make it healthier. | 能让披萨更健康 |
[01:28] | Franks n’ beans? | 香肠焗豆罐头 |
[01:28] | It’s called campfire pizza. | 那叫篝火披萨 |
[01:30] | Reminds me of summer. | 让我回忆起夏天 |
[01:31] | Enough pizza talk! | 别再聊披萨了 |
[01:32] | I’m trying to tell you I saw this movie | 我想跟你说我看了这部电影 |
[01:34] | and it makes me want to do something big. | 它让我想做点大事 |
[01:36] | From the moment you came taxiing down my baby tarmac, | 自打你从我的生育通道里出溜出来 |
[01:39] | I’ve known you were gonna change the world. | 我就知道你会改变世界 |
[01:41] | Haunting, but colorful. | 说得可怕但生动 |
[01:42] | She never disappoints. | 她从不让人失望 |
[01:43] | I’m behind you a hundred percent. | 我百分百支持你 |
[01:45] | Then Adam F. Goldberg is a man on a mission! | 那亚当·F·金伯格势在必行 |
[01:47] | Yes! Go, Schmoo! Make your mark! | 太好了 去吧宝贝 留下你的印记 |
[01:49] | Yes, one large Hawaiian with extra pineapple. | 对 一张大号夏威夷披萨 多加菠萝 |
[01:53] | No pineapple on pizza! | 披萨上不准放菠萝 |
[01:54] | – Barry! No one wants — – Let me have this! | -巴瑞 没人想吃 -别阻止我 |
[01:56] | It’s island time! | 岛屿时光 |
[02:11] | It was November 25, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的十一月二十五日 |
[02:14] | and Erica was about to be in a horrible car accident. | 爱丽卡正要遭遇一场可怕的车祸 |
[02:17] | Erica, no! | 爱丽卡 不 |
[02:18] | At least, according to Geoff. | 至少杰夫是这么说的 |
[02:21] | Call 911! | 快打急救电话 |
[02:22] | Relax. | 放松 |
[02:23] | It’s just a love tap. | 不过是轻轻碰个嘴 |
[02:24] | That’s a dent! | 撞出坑了 |
[02:25] | No way. It’s a ding, at best. | 不可能 最多有个印子 |
[02:27] | Or a beauty mark. Like Cindy Crawford. | 或是辛迪·克劳馥那种美人痣 |
[02:29] | We’ve got to leave a note. | 我们得留张字条 |
[02:30] | Why would we leave a note? | 我们为什么要留字条 |
[02:31] | The note should have our contact info | 字条上该留下我们的联系方式 |
[02:32] | so they can follow up and we can help pay for repairs. | 好让他们联系我们 以便我们付维修费 |
[02:34] | Geoff! | 杰夫 |
[02:35] | We did nothing wrong here. | 我们什么错都没犯 |
[02:37] | But everyone should run and hide. | 但所有人都该逃跑藏起来 |
[02:38] | Yeah, the more time we spend here, | 是啊 我们待在这越久 |
[02:40] | the more it seems like I made the dent. | 看起来越像那个坑是我撞的 |
[02:41] | But you did make it! Oh, my God! | 可就是你撞的 我的天 |
[02:43] | Where did you learn this behavior? | 你这种行为是跟谁学的 |
[02:45] | You never leave a note! | 永远不能留字条 |
[02:47] | Ever! No note! | 永远 不留字条 |
[02:49] | See, Geoff? It all worked out. | 你瞧 杰夫 一切都没事了 |
[02:50] | Not for the guy with the dented car. | 那个车被撞出坑的人还有事 |
[02:51] | Follow our Golden Rule — | 遵循我们的黄金准则 |
[02:53] | “Do unto others or they’ll do unto you.” | “人会犯我 故我先犯人” |
[02:56] | That’s not the Golden Rule. | 黄金准则不是那么说的 |
[02:57] | He didn’t say the Golden Rule. | 他没说是公认的黄金准则 |
[02:58] | He said our Golden Rule. | 他说的是我们的黄金准则 |
[03:00] | Words matter, Geoff. | 文字是有意义的 杰夫 |
[03:01] | I thought it was “Do unto others before they do unto you.” | 我还以为是”人未犯我我先犯人” |
[03:03] | – That’s good too. – ?No, it’s not. | -那也挺好的 -并不好 |
[03:05] | And I don’t like this side of you, Erica. | 我不喜欢你这一面 爱丽卡 |
[03:07] | Take it easy, Saint Geoff. | 放松点 圣人杰夫 |
[03:08] | No one got hurt. | 又没人受伤 |
[03:09] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[03:11] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[03:12] | I did unto others before they did unto me. | 人未犯我我先犯人 |
[03:14] | Golden Rule. | 黄金准则 |
[03:15] | I did a good job with you two. | 我把你们俩教得真好 |
[03:16] | While Geoff was learning something new about my family, | 正当杰夫了解到我家人新的一面 |
[03:19] | Mr. Glascott was about to educate my classmates. | 格拉斯科特老师正要教育我的同学们 |
[03:22] | Okay, students, starting tomorrow, | 好 同学们 从明天起 |
[03:24] | we will be switching to the Food Wheel, | 我们会切换到食物营养轮盘系统 |
[03:26] | which is five food groups instead of four. | 上面是五种食物分类 而不是四种 |
[03:29] | The state candy lobby has added sweets | 本州的糖果游说团体加入了甜食 |
[03:31] | as an important part of your diet. | 作为你们饮食的重要组成 |
[03:34] | Now they asked me to sing “Pour Some Sugar on Me.” | 他们还吩咐我唱《对我倾倒甜蜜》 |
[03:39] | I have something to say. | 我有话要说 |
[03:41] | Dang it. I practiced that nasty song. | 该死的 我白练那下流的歌了 |
[03:43] | Fellow students, | 同学们 |
[03:45] | I just saw a movie | 我刚看了部电影 |
[03:46] | that taught me a shocking lesson. | 给我上了惊人的一课 |
[03:48] | As we sit here, | 当我们坐在这 |
[03:50] | safe and secure in the City of Brotherly Love, | 在团结友爱之城安安稳稳 |
[03:53] | racism is still alive and well… | 种族主义仍旧活力满满 |
[03:57] | in Brooklyn! | 就在布鲁克林 |
[04:00] | What? | 啥 |
[04:00] | I didn’t believe it either. | 我也不敢相信 |
[04:02] | But there are still people out there | 但世上仍有些人 |
[04:04] | that hate others simply for the color of their skin. | 仅仅因为肤色而憎恨他人 |
[04:07] | “Still”? | “仍” |
[04:08] | Where are you going with this? | 你到底想说什么 |
[04:09] | To the only place I can go — | 我唯一能说的是 |
[04:11] | the end of racism forever. | 永远结束种族主义 |
[04:15] | Meet me in the yearbook office to join the cause! | 到年鉴办公室来找我 共创大业 |
[04:20] | In conclusion, racism bad, sugar good. | 总结一下 种族主义好坏 糖好棒 |
[04:24] | I really let this one get away from me. | 我错过了大好机会 |
[04:29] | Dude, no one’s coming. | 哥们 没人会来的 |
[04:30] | What? Why not? | 什么 为什么 |
[04:32] | Because you said some dumb things | 因为你说了一些蠢话 |
[04:34] | that were also very stupid. | 不仅蠢而且蠢 |
[04:35] | What’s stupid about being concerned with racism in the streets | 关注布鲁克林街头和披萨店的种族主义 |
[04:38] | and pizzerias of Brooklyn? | 有什么蠢的 |
[04:39] | You don’t honestly think that racism’s | 你不是真的以为种族歧视 |
[04:41] | only happening in a single borough, do you? | 只发生在一个城区里吧 |
[04:43] | It’s spread to other areas of New York? | 已经散播到纽约其他区了吗 |
[04:46] | Have we lost Staten Island? | 斯塔顿岛也沦陷了吗 |
[04:47] | Racism’s everywhere, man. | 种族歧视无处不在 伙计 |
[04:49] | Yeah. It’s in the school. | 是啊 学校里就有 |
[04:51] | Really? I mean, our school’s not exactly a model of diversity, | 真的吗 我们学校确实不是多样性的榜样 |
[04:54] | but I’ve never witnessed any racisms. | 但我从没见过种族主义事件啊 |
[04:57] | Well, it’s here. | 眼皮下就有 |
[04:58] | And you call racist acts “racisms”? | 你居然叫种族歧视行为”种族主义事件” |
[05:01] | I never said I was an expert. | 我没说过我是专家 |
[05:02] | But, luckily, I have strong opinions. | 但走运的是 我有坚决的主张 |
[05:05] | I was thinking our group’s motto should be… | 我刚才在想我们团队的座右铭 |
[05:07] | “Eracism.” | “抹除种族主义” |
[05:09] | Our work here is done. | 大业已成 |
[05:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:11] | No! | 不是 |
[05:12] | You have no idea what we deal with. | 你根本不知道我们的处境 |
[05:14] | Like my English teacher only calls on me | 比如我的英语老师唯一叫我时 |
[05:16] | when we’re reading “Othello.” | 就是读《奥赛罗》 |
[05:18] | I mean, does he only ask the Danish kids to read | 难道她也只在读《哈姆雷特》时 |
[05:20] | when we’re doing “Hamlet”? | 才叫丹麦学生吗 |
[05:21] | Magnus mostly keeps to himself, | 马格纳斯通常都独来独往 |
[05:23] | but I see what you’re saying. | 不过我明白你的意思 |
[05:24] | And why does my Home-Ec teacher | 为什么我的家教老师 |
[05:25] | keep calling me Connie Chung as a joke? | 总是开玩笑叫我宗毓华[华裔女主播] |
[05:27] | Because Connie Chung is a national treasure? | 因为宗毓华是国家宝藏 |
[05:29] | No! | 不是 |
[05:30] | I mean, granted, she is. | 我同意 她是 |
[05:31] | Maury Povich hit the jackpot when he married her. | 波维奇娶到她是中大奖了 |
[05:34] | But it doesn’t make it okay. | 但不意味这不伤人 |
[05:35] | I feel terrible | 我感觉好糟 |
[05:37] | for not seeing these things | 因为我从没注意到这些事 |
[05:39] | or doing anything to stop them. | 也从没出手阻止过 |
[05:41] | So many racisms. | 种族主义事件太多了 |
[05:42] | Stop calling it that, but yes. | 别再那么说了 但没错 |
[05:44] | And there’s tons more. | 但还有很多 |
[05:45] | I’ve jotted down a few incidents. | 我草草记下了几件事 |
[05:48] | Wow, that is a thick binder. | 这文件夹好厚 |
[05:50] | Maybe even too much to digest in one sitting? | 或许一次会议消化不了吧 |
[05:54] | The fight is ours. Let’s dig in. | 这是我们的战役 我们开始吧 |
[05:56] | As my friends were teaching me some tough lessons, | 正当我朋友们教会我艰难的一课 |
[05:58] | Geoff was schooling Barry and Erica in one of his own. | 杰夫也在教巴瑞和爱丽卡一节课 |
[06:01] | Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. | 多谢你们同意见我 |
[06:02] | Uh, I never agreed to this, | 我从没同意过 |
[06:04] | but this meeting is occurring where I live | 但这次会议在我住的地方开 |
[06:06] | and I didn’t want to put shoes on, | 我也不想穿鞋 |
[06:07] | so well-played. | 算你狠 |
[06:08] | It’s no secret that Erica and I | 众所周知我和爱丽卡 |
[06:10] | hope to one day have a family of our own. | 希望有朝一日组建家庭 |
[06:12] | ?And that’s why I’m worried | 所以我很担心 |
[06:13] | about your broken moral compass and complete lack of ethics. | 你违背道德准则和完全缺乏道德 |
[06:15] | Well, that took a hard turn. | 急转直下 |
[06:16] | I’ve got to show you that the world is not just full of bad apples | 我得让你看到世上不全是坏人 |
[06:18] | trying to take advantage of you. | 不是都想占你便宜 |
[06:19] | Where is this fantasyland, | 这个梦幻世界在哪 |
[06:21] | with mermaids, unicorns, and armadillos? | 有美人鱼 独角兽和犰狳 |
[06:23] | Armadillos are real. | 犰狳是真实存在的 |
[06:24] | Sure, buddy. | 当然了 伙计 |
[06:25] | Same with Komodo dragons. | 那科莫多龙也是真实存在的了 |
[06:27] | – This guy. – ?Okay. | -服了他了 -好吧 |
[06:28] | While grocery shopping, | 在买食杂时 |
[06:29] | would you eat a grape without paying? | 你会不付钱偷吃一颗葡萄吗 |
[06:32] | Sure, victimless crime. | 当然 没有受害者的犯罪 |
[06:33] | What about the grape farmer | 那葡萄果农呢 |
[06:34] | who spends his whole day bent over in the sun | 他整天在烈日下弯腰劳作 |
[06:36] | only to have you steal his wares? | 却被你偷了货物 |
[06:37] | If it’s so tough, that farmer should quit | 要是真有那么艰难 果农应该辞职 |
[06:40] | and try something new. | 换个新职业 |
[06:42] | Like BMX-ing or high finance | 比如特技单车或复杂融资 |
[06:44] | or grape farming. | 或者种葡萄 |
[06:45] | I panicked, couldn’t think of a third one. | 我慌了 没想到第三个 |
[06:47] | Next question. | 下个问题 |
[06:48] | I’m sure that you’ve taken a penny, | 你肯定偷过一分钱吧 |
[06:50] | but have you ever left a penny? | 但你捐过一分钱吗 |
[06:51] | Not even once. | 一次都没没有 |
[06:52] | I’ve taken the little tray that holds the pennies. | 我试过把装硬币的小托盘整个偷走 |
[06:54] | Next question — | 下个问题 |
[06:55] | Would you ever exceed the speed limit | 你会不会超过限速规定 |
[06:57] | to get to a dentist’s appointment on time? | 及时赶去看牙医 |
[06:58] | Did it. Got there. | 做过 按时到了 |
[06:59] | Realized it was the wrong day. | 意识到预约的不是那天 |
[07:01] | Mom called and made the dentist come in anyway. | 老妈还是打电话叫牙医去了 |
[07:03] | Speed limit? | 限速是什么 |
[07:04] | With that, Geoff realized | 就这样 杰夫意识到 |
[07:06] | he would never be able to convince them to leave a note, | 他永远不能说服他们留字条 |
[07:08] | so there was only one thing to do… | 于是只有一件事可做了 |
[07:11] | leave one himself. | 自己留一张 |
[07:14] | You did what?! | 你做了什么 |
[07:15] | I left a note. | 我留了字条 |
[07:16] | Why the hell would you do that?! | 你为什么要那么做 |
[07:18] | Because now you will see that it pays to be honest and moral. | 因为现在你门会看到诚实讲道德是值得的 |
[07:25] | I got your car confession. | 我看到你肇事自首的字条了 |
[07:26] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你 |
[07:27] | Now I know who to sue the pants off of. | 现在我知道该把谁告得裤子都不剩了 |
[07:30] | Those look like nice pants. | 你这裤子看起来不错 |
[07:31] | Are those Wranglers? | 是牧马人的吗 |
[07:32] | Bugle Boy. | 是号角手 |
[07:34] | Bugle Boy. | 号角手 |
[07:35] | As Geoff’s theory was proven false, | 正当杰夫的理论被证明是错的 |
[07:37] | I was eager to figure out | 我则急于搞清 |
[07:38] | why I had been kept blind to the truth. | 我为什么一直没有接触过现实 |
[07:40] | Mom, how come you never told me | 妈 你怎么从没告诉过我 |
[07:42] | racism is still around? | 社会上还有种族歧视 |
[07:43] | What an entrance. | 这开场白厉害 |
[07:44] | This house never disappoints. | 这房子永远充满惊喜 |
[07:46] | Racism? | 种族歧视 |
[07:47] | Yes, that is a valid topic of conversation, | 是的 这是一个有意义的话题 |
[07:51] | and one that I am happy to answer with my words, | 我很乐意用我的语言回答你这个问题 |
[07:54] | and, uh, of course… | 当然了 |
[07:55] | Whenever my mother was confronted with a tough question, | 每当我妈被问到棘手的问题 |
[07:58] | she answered the only way Beverly Goldberg could — | 她都使出贝弗莉·金伯格唯一的招数 |
[08:01] | blatant distractions. | 公然分散注意力 |
[08:02] | Sundaes! Topped with crème de menthe. | 圣代 上面浇薄荷甜酒 |
[08:04] | It’s got alcohol in it, | 里面有酒精 |
[08:05] | so you can get a little bit drunk like a babysitter would. | 你就会像保姆一样微醺了 |
[08:08] | Who’s up for Scrabble? | 谁想玩拼字游戏 |
[08:09] | I’ll allow “Star Wars” names. | 《星战》名字也算 |
[08:10] | Look what I found. | 看我找到了什么 |
[08:11] | An 8×10 of Vigo the Carpathian | 《捉鬼敢死队》反派的签名照 |
[08:14] | signed by former boxer and current actor | 前任拳击手现任演员 |
[08:16] | Wilhelm von Homburg. | 威廉·冯·洪堡 |
[08:18] | No distractions, woman. | 别分散注意力 女人 |
[08:19] | I want answers. | 我想要答案 |
[08:21] | Do you want me to live in a bubble of ignorance? | 你想让我活在无知的泡泡里吗 |
[08:23] | I prefer a bubble of happiness. | 我愿称之为幸福的泡泡 |
[08:25] | Hey, let’s make bubbles. | 我们来吹泡泡吧 |
[08:28] | Beverly, the boy deserves the truth. | 贝弗莉 这孩子值得知道真相 |
[08:31] | Think about where our people came from. | 想想我们的族人是怎么过来的 |
[08:33] | I-I thought we came from Abington. | 我以为我们是阿宾顿来的 |
[08:34] | Murray, please. Jump in any time. | 默里 拜托 随时欢迎跳进对话 |
[08:37] | Well, as you know, I’m not much of a jumper. | 你也知道 我这人跳不动 |
[08:40] | ?But the boy’s turning 12. | 但这孩子都12岁了 |
[08:41] | I figure it’s about time. | 我觉得是时候了 |
[08:42] | I’m a senior in high school, and time for what? | 我已经是高四生了 是时候做什么 |
[08:45] | Here. | 给你 |
[08:46] | Murray, no. Not the box of harsh realities. | 默里 不 不要给他那一箱残酷现实 |
[08:49] | Your mom kept those movies away from you, | 你妈不让你看这些电影 |
[08:51] | and for the record, I was against it | 话说清楚 我是反对的 |
[08:53] | until she made the most convincing pot roast. | 直到她做出了最令人信服的炖肉 |
[08:55] | It’s too much too fast. | 太快太多了 |
[08:56] | You’re gonna short-circuit his innocent little brain. | 你会让他的小脑袋瓜短路的 |
[08:59] | We’re gonna deal with it the way my dad taught me how to swim. | 我们要用我爸教我游泳的方式来处理 |
[09:02] | He threw me in the deep end | 他把我扔进深水区 |
[09:03] | and then went inside to play canasta. | 就回屋玩牌去了 |
[09:05] | That may not be a good example. | 那或许不是个好例子 |
[09:06] | Sorry, Mom. | 抱歉 老妈 |
[09:07] | Looks like the comfort of your safe bosom ends today, | 看来今天我将摆脱你安全舒适的胸脯 |
[09:10] | and I deeply regret saying that. | 话一出口我后悔莫及 |
[09:13] | What have we done? | 我们都做了些什么 |
[09:14] | Eh, he’ll be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[09:15] | But my dad couldn’t have been more wrong. | 但我爸大错特错 |
[09:18] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:19] | Do something, Gregory Peck. | 想想办法 格里高利·派克 |
[09:22] | Don’t make her pick! | 别逼她选择 |
[09:24] | Cambodia is such a beautiful country. | 柬埔寨这个国家好美 |
[09:27] | Oh, no! | 不要啊 |
[09:29] | Why would a small-town sheriff behave that way? | 小镇警官怎么会是这种做派 |
[09:33] | Oh, mother of mercy, why?! | 慈悲的圣母啊 为什么 |
[09:36] | I miss feeling safe! | 我怀念安全的感觉 |
[09:38] | Yep, those movies proved it. | 没错 那些电影证明了 |
[09:39] | World bad. | 世界好坏 |
[09:41] | World real bad. | 世界好坏坏 |
[09:43] | It was Goldberg family policy | 金伯格家的政策是 |
[09:44] | to never leave a note on a dented car, | 撞伤别人车子后绝不留字条 |
[09:46] | and Geoff was starting to see why. | 杰夫开始明白为什么了 |
[09:49] | Wait, so you’re claiming that you were napping in your car? | 你非说你当时在车里打盹 |
[09:51] | We didn’t even see you. | 我们根本没看到你 |
[09:52] | Yeah. I was using my camouflage blanket, | 是的 我当时用了迷彩毯子 |
[09:54] | so I totally disappeared like an arctic hare. | 所以像北极野兔一样无影无踪 |
[09:56] | Or also my dad. | 或者说像我爸一样 |
[09:58] | Damn it, he’s clearly playing us. | 该死的 他显然在玩我们 |
[10:00] | I was merely minding my own business in my car-house | 我不过是在车房里想心事 |
[10:03] | when I was viciously attacked. | 却突然遭到恶意袭击 |
[10:04] | But I’m willing to be reasonable. | 但我愿意讲道理 |
[10:06] | And that’s why I left a note. | 所以我才留了字条 |
[10:08] | Look, why don’t I just drop the lawsuit | 不如我不起诉你们 |
[10:09] | and I won’t call our insurance companies? | 也不打给保险公司解决 |
[10:11] | Oh, my God, yes! Thank you! | 老天爷 太好了 谢谢你 |
[10:13] | As long as you cover my medical expenses. | 只要你们支付我的医药费 |
[10:15] | FYI, this Adam’s apple right here got dislocated. | 顺带一提 我的喉结都错位了 |
[10:18] | Might cost you about ten hundo. | 或许会花你个十百大洋 |
[10:20] | A dislocated Adam’s apple? | 喉结错位 |
[10:22] | That’s not even a thing. | 根本没有这种病例 |
[10:24] | I’m sorry. Are you a doctor? | 不好意思 你是大夫吗 |
[10:25] | Not yet. | 现在还不是 |
[10:26] | Damn it, he’s always a step ahead. | 见鬼 他总是领先一步 |
[10:28] | Can’t we just have the damage assessed by a mechanic? | 我们能不能让技师评估一下损坏情况 |
[10:30] | I already did. It’s totaled. | 我已经评估过了 报废了 |
[10:32] | From a ding on the bumper? | 保险杠上有个痕迹就报废了 |
[10:33] | But again, I’m willing to forget the whole thing | 再说一次 我愿意当做什么都没发生 |
[10:35] | for another ten hundo? | 只要再给我十百大洋 |
[10:37] | Ten hundo? That’s a thousand dollars. | 十百大洋 那可是一千美元 |
[10:38] | And no one says it that way. | 哪有人用十百大洋这说法 |
[10:40] | ‘Cause I don’t like to talk about money. | 因为我不喜欢谈钱 |
[10:41] | But, yes, cash. | 但绝对要现金 |
[10:42] | Please. | 求你了 |
[10:43] | Haven’t you ever loved someone so much | 难道你不曾有过爱一个人至深 |
[10:45] | that you felt you needed to change them for the better? | 甚至觉得必须帮他们变得更好吗 |
[10:47] | The only things I ever loved were my Adam’s apple and my car. | 我爱过的仅有我的喉结和我的车 |
[10:50] | And you guys wrecked both of those. | 两个都被你们搞坏了 |
[10:54] | Pain and suffering. | 痛苦与折磨 |
[10:55] | Maybe we should throw in another ten hundo on top? | 或许我们该再加十百大洋 |
[10:58] | Have a great day. | 祝你们今天愉快 |
[11:00] | And what have we learned? | 我们学到了什么 |
[11:02] | That everyone is terrible and no one is decent. | 所有人都好坏 谁都没人样 |
[11:04] | – He got there. ?- There ya go. | -你终于懂了 -这就对了 |
[11:05] | While Geoff was losing his faith in humanity, | 正当杰夫对人类失去信心时 |
[11:07] | mine was already long gone. | 我的信心也早就没了 |
[11:09] | I know you’ll say I’m wrong, but I feel how I feel. | 我知道你会说我错了 但我的感觉是真的 |
[11:12] | The world is a bag of hot, festering crap. | 这世界就是一袋子热翔 |
[11:15] | What do you mean, “Mm-hmm?” | 你哼哼是什么意思 |
[11:17] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[11:18] | The world is crap in a bag. | 这世界就是一袋子屎 |
[11:19] | What? | 什么 |
[11:20] | Aren’t you gonna try to make me feel better? | 你不该试图安抚我吗 |
[11:22] | Do you know I get followed by store security at the pharmacy? | 你知道我在药房会被保安紧紧跟着吗 |
[11:26] | I’m a 55-year-old man in an argyle sweater vest. | 我是个穿菱形花纹毛背心的55岁老男人 |
[11:29] | What am I stealing? | 我能偷什么 |
[11:30] | More mustache shampoo? | 更多胡子香波吗 |
[11:32] | You use a separate product for your mustache? | 你洗胡子要用特殊的香波 |
[11:34] | It’s a very different hair. | 毛发种类不一样 |
[11:35] | But you’re missing the point — | 但你没抓住重点 |
[11:37] | the world is terrible. | 这世界糟透了 |
[11:38] | But if it’s all bad, how do we fix it? | 但假如全是糟糕的 我们该如何改善 |
[11:41] | All you can do is chip away. | 只能一丢丢地来 |
[11:42] | For me, it’s trying to get the board to change our textbooks. | 对我来说 是努力让董事会改教科书 |
[11:46] | They’re outdated and biased. | 书都过时了 还带有偏见 |
[11:48] | Did you know that the chapter on Civil Rights | 你知道吗 关于民权的那一章 |
[11:50] | is basically a fold-out of Lyndon B. Johnson? | 基本只有写的林登·约翰逊的一个折页 |
[11:53] | If you open the third page, | 假如你翻开第三页 |
[11:54] | you can see half of Martin Luther King Jr.’s face. | 能看到半张马丁·路德金的脸 |
[11:57] | Sadly, he’s misidentified as Lou Rawls. | 可悲的是 人们以为他是卢·罗尔斯 |
[12:00] | That just makes me feel worse. | 这让我感觉更糟了 |
[12:01] | I know it’s a lot, | 我知道很难承受 |
[12:02] | but if you keep pushing through, | 但假如你继续努力 |
[12:04] | good things can happen. | 会有好事发生的 |
[12:05] | Then what should I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[12:06] | Maybe something you’re good at. | 或许做些你擅长的 |
[12:08] | I like making movies. | 我喜欢拍电影 |
[12:09] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[12:10] | Spike Lee creates films | 斯派克·李创作电影 |
[12:11] | to make the world a more just place. | 让世界变得更公正 |
[12:13] | Why not use your much more limited abilities to do the same? | 你为什么不用有限得多的能力效仿他 |
[12:16] | I’ll do it! | 我会做的 |
[12:17] | I’ll use my special brand of genius | 我会用我特有的天才 |
[12:19] | and my parents’ money to make a movie | 以及我父母的钱拍电影 |
[12:21] | that shines a light on racial injustice. | 聚焦种族不平等的问题 |
[12:24] | – Thanks, Mr. G. – ?Sure. | -谢谢你 格老师 -应该的 |
[12:25] | As I was off to right society’s wrongs, | 正当我去更正社会的错误时 |
[12:27] | Geoff went right to the produce department to make a point. | 杰夫直接去食品区证明自己 |
[12:30] | You were right. Giving our fellow humans the benefit of the doubt | 你说得对 给其他人类机会证明自己 |
[12:33] | was wrong and totally naive on my part. | 完全是我太天真 我错了 |
[12:35] | And now I, Geoff Schwartz, | 现在 我 杰夫·施瓦茨 |
[12:38] | will eat a grape without paying. | 会不付钱偷颗葡萄吃 |
[12:39] | Hey, there you go. | 这就对了 |
[12:40] | I’m glad to see you’re finally coming around. | 我很高兴见到你终于回心转意了 |
[12:42] | And if anyone asks, | 假如有人问起 |
[12:44] | you’re just “tasting” one “grape” | 你不过是”品尝”一颗”葡萄” |
[12:46] | to make “sure” the bunch is okay | 来”确保”这串葡萄是好的 |
[12:48] | “for” human “consumption.” | “可以”让人”吃” |
[12:50] | I may have lost track of where the quotes go. | 我不记得该在哪用引号了 |
[12:53] | Nothing bad happened. | 没发生任何坏事 |
[12:54] | I might eat another one. | 我搞不好还要吃一颗 |
[12:56] | Playing with fire. | 他在玩火 |
[12:57] | But the fire is grapes. | 但火是葡萄 |
[12:58] | Thank you for opening my eyes. | 多谢你让我大开眼界 |
[12:59] | Oh, my gosh, am I a bad boy now? | 我的天 我现在是坏小子了吗 |
[13:01] | You are the baddest boy. | 你是最坏的小子 |
[13:03] | I an the baddest boy. | 我就是最坏的小子 |
[13:06] | Geoff, I-I think you’ve made your point. | 杰夫 我觉得你证明观点了 |
[13:08] | Yeah, you’re right. Enough grapes. | 你说得对 不吃葡萄了 |
[13:09] | Onto the bananas! | 去吃香蕉 |
[13:10] | Yep, stealing that first grape | 没错 偷走第一颗葡萄 |
[13:11] | opened a Pandora’s box of supermarket mayhem, | 打开了潘多拉的盒子 引了超市大混乱 |
[13:14] | leading Geoff to go on | 引导杰夫走上了 |
[13:15] | the saddest crime spree of all time. | 史上最可悲的发泄式犯罪 |
[13:18] | This lifetime rule follower was now a grocery store bandit. | 一生以身作则的人如今成了食杂店大盗 |
[13:21] | No pantry staple was safe. | 所有货架上的食品都遭殃了 |
[13:22] | Oh, Geoff, no. | 杰夫 不是吧 |
[13:24] | What am I seeing right now? | 我眼前是什么景象 |
[13:25] | W-Why are you all staring at me? | 你们为什么都盯着我 |
[13:27] | This is fine. | 这没关系的 |
[13:28] | Erica, tell them it’s fine. | 爱丽卡 告诉他们没关系的 |
[13:29] | ?Oh, no! I went too far! | 糟糕 我过头了 |
[13:31] | What the hell are you doing? | 你这是搞什么鬼 |
[13:33] | Geoff, what are you doing? | 杰夫 你到底在做什么 |
[13:35] | I don’t know! You broke me! | 我不知道 你毁了我 |
[13:36] | How did I break you? | 我怎么毁了你 |
[13:37] | I didn’t tell you to do your unspeakable things to those chickens. | 我又没叫你对这些烤鸡行尽可耻之事 |
[13:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:41] | I’m not even good at being bad. | 我做坏事都做不好 |
[13:43] | I’ll just pay for everything. | 我会全部付款的 |
[13:44] | The car, too. | 包括那辆车 |
[13:46] | Because I always do what’s right. | 因为我永远做正确的事 |
[13:47] | Even if my girlfriend doesn’t. | 哪怕我女友不会 |
[13:49] | While Geoff failed at doing the wrong thing, | 正当杰夫做坏事失败时 |
[13:51] | I had enlisted my mom to help me do the right thing. | 我则招募老妈来帮我做正确的事 |
[13:54] | Film screening tomorrow! | 明天有电影放映 |
[13:55] | Have a cookie. Take a bite out of racism. | 拿块饼干 尝一尝种族歧视 |
[13:58] | Chocolate with white chocolate chips, huh? | 黑巧克力配白巧克力碎 |
[14:00] | Makes you think. | 引人深思 |
[14:01] | Uh, sorta. | 算是吧 |
[14:03] | I’m glad to see you took my advice and made a film. | 很高兴看到你按我的建议拍了电影 |
[14:05] | I can’t wait to see it. | 我等不急想看看了 |
[14:06] | Why wait? I’ll give you a sneak preview right now. | 何必等 我先放给你尝个鲜 |
[14:10] | Long, long ago, | 许久许久以前 |
[14:11] | robots were owned by man as servants. | 机器人遭人奴役 形同奴隶 |
[14:14] | They were butlers like in “Rocky IV” | 他们像《洛基4》中的管家 |
[14:16] | or overtaxed laborers like KITT from “Knight Rider.” | 像《霹雳游侠》里过劳的凯特 |
[14:20] | But like Johnny 5 in “Short Circuit,” | 但像《霹雳五号》里的强尼五号一样 |
[14:22] | they soon came alive and demanded rights. | 他们活了过来 要求享有权利 |
[14:25] | This is their story. | 这是他们的故事 |
[14:27] | 《马尔科姆 机器人崛起 第一章》 亚当·F·金伯格作品 | |
[14:30] | Wow, such a long and deeply cumbersome title. | 多么冗长的标题啊 |
[14:34] | Is it science fiction? | 是科幻片吗 |
[14:35] | It’s a combo platter of | 是什锦拼盘 |
[14:36] | all my favorite movies with robots in them, | 我最爱的电影里的机器人都在 |
[14:39] | but a hidden message about race. | 但有关于种族的隐藏信息 |
[14:40] | I’m a rom-com guy myself, but I’ll give it a whirl. | 我更喜欢看爱情喜剧 但我愿意一观 |
[14:44] | Here comes my big-screen debut. | 我的大银幕初次亮相 |
[14:49] | Back of the space ship, you dirty hunk of metal. | 回飞船后面去 你这块脏金属 |
[14:52] | But I’m tired from all the dangerous work | 可我受够了所有危险的工作 |
[14:55] | you make me do in the Jupiter mines, | 你逼我在木星矿井做的苦工 |
[14:58] | and would like to sit up front. | 我想坐在前排 |
[15:00] | As long as I am the President of the Galaxy, | 只要我还是星际总统 |
[15:02] | that will never happen. | 就绝不会实现 |
[15:04] | So the president is a bus driver? | 总统是巴士司机吗 |
[15:06] | Space bus driver. | 宇宙巴士司机 |
[15:09] | Remember when I said, “I’ll be back”? | 还记得我说过”我会回来的”吗 |
[15:13] | Well, here I am. | 我回来了 |
[15:15] | There’s a dang Terminator in this? | 这里居然还有终结者 |
[15:16] | It’s his signature Goldbergian move. | 标志性的金伯格风 |
[15:18] | Are people saying “Goldbergian”? | 有人说”金伯格风”吗 |
[15:19] | I keep hearing it, so yes. | 我听到好几次了 肯定有 |
[15:21] | Wait. | 等等 |
[15:23] | There must be a simple solution | 肯定有一个简单的解决办法 |
[15:24] | to this war between our two kinds. | 结束我们两个种族的战争 |
[15:26] | There is, citizen. | 那就是公民制 |
[15:28] | I am a cyborg. | 我是赛博人 |
[15:30] | That’s clearly RoboCop. | 那显然是机械战警 |
[15:32] | It’s just different enough so there’s no legal issues. | 差别足够大 不会被告 |
[15:34] | This is my love gun. | 这是我的大爱枪 |
[15:37] | It will make us all equal. | 它会让我们全部平等 |
[15:43] | We are all the same? | 我们都一样了 |
[15:45] | Intergalactic prejudice is terminated! | 星际间的偏见被终结了 |
[15:56] | So? | 怎么样 |
[15:57] | How do I put this gently? | 我该怎样温和地说呢 |
[15:58] | It’s atrocious. | 奇烂无比 |
[16:00] | Okay, all art is subjective. | 好吧 所有的艺术都是主观的 |
[16:01] | And, please, don’t call it art. | 求你别叫它艺术 |
[16:03] | Don’t listen to this ding-dong. | 别听这傻蛋的 |
[16:05] | He obviously doesn’t get it. | 他显然没看懂 |
[16:06] | The robots are black people. | 机器人代表黑人 |
[16:08] | Oh, he got it. | 他看懂了 |
[16:09] | And making us all the same isn’t better either. | 让我们都变得一样也不会更好 |
[16:11] | Our diversity is what makes us great. | 我们的多样化才是我们伟大之处 |
[16:16] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼 |
[16:19] | Oh, no. | 不要啊 |
[16:20] | Oh, sweet Lord in the sky, no. | 天老爷啊 不要啊 |
[16:22] | Make it stop. | 快停下 |
[16:22] | Make it stop! | 快停下 |
[16:24] | Please! Make it stop! | 求求你了 快停下 |
[16:26] | I’m sorry to say | 抱歉这样说 |
[16:28] | that you are very out of touch, Adam. | 你和现实脱节严重 亚当 |
[16:31] | Well, we’ve learned a valuable lesson here today. | 我们今天学到了宝贵一课 |
[16:35] | We should never venture out of our comfort zones. | 我们永远不该离开舒适区去冒险 |
[16:37] | What? No. | 什么 不是的 |
[16:38] | Because of you, I’m just some sheltered kid | 因为你 我只是个被过度保护的孩子 |
[16:41] | with no clue about what goes on in the real world. | 对现实世界发生的事一无所知 |
[16:45] | And even worse, I’m a part of the problem. | 更糟的是 我变成了问题的一部分 |
[16:47] | Thanks for nothing. | 多谢你了 |
[16:53] | Even though Geoff knew he’d been scammed, | 尽管杰夫知道他被骗了 |
[16:54] | true to his word, he was gonna pay back John Calabasas. | 他没有食言 要偿还给约翰·卡拉巴萨斯 |
[16:58] | Thanks for letting me work off the debt, Mr. Calabasas. | 多谢你让我工作还债 卡拉巴萨斯先生 |
[17:00] | No problem, kid. | 没问题 孩子 |
[17:02] | You’re supposed to be in traditional Oktoberfest garb. | 你应该穿着传统的啤酒节服装 |
[17:04] | Are those Mork suspenders? | 这是莫克吊裤带吗 |
[17:05] | It was surprisingly difficult to find lederhosen | 想在费城郊区找到皮短裤 |
[17:07] | in suburban Philly. | 出奇地难 |
[17:08] | Well, it does draw the eye. | 确实足够吸引目光 |
[17:09] | I guess that’s what’s important. | 反正这才是重要的 |
[17:10] | Okay. Hop to it. | 好了 开始吧 |
[17:12] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[17:13] | genuine Berlin Wall for sale! | 卖真品柏林墙 |
[17:15] | Uh, it’s fresh from Germany! | 从德国新鲜运来的 |
[17:17] | Get ’em “wall” you can! | 赶快来”墙抢”吧 |
[17:19] | Erica? | 爱丽卡 |
[17:20] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[17:21] | I was gonna ask you the same thing. | 我刚想问你一样的问题 |
[17:23] | I’m working off the debt so he doesn’t sue us. | 我工作还债 免得他告我们 |
[17:25] | Are these actually from the Berlin Wall? | 这真的是柏林墙上的吗 |
[17:28] | Who’s to say they’re not? | 谁能说不是呢 |
[17:29] | Uh, me. Because they’re clearly Spanish roof tiles. | 我 因为显然是西班牙式屋瓦 |
[17:32] | It wasn’t all concrete and barb wire. | 柏林墙也不全是混凝土和带钩的铁丝 |
[17:33] | Some of it was quite decorative. Look it up. | 有的部分挺有装饰性的 去查查看 |
[17:35] | Or clearly stolen from the house being built across the street. | 或者显然是从对面施工中的房子偷来的 |
[17:38] | Erica, just let it go, okay? | 爱丽卡 别管了好吗 |
[17:40] | The sooner I sell these random historical bricks, | 我越早卖掉这些莫名其妙的历史砖头 |
[17:42] | the sooner I’m off the hook with this guy. | 我越快能摆脱这家伙 |
[17:43] | The next 6 to 18 months are gonna be quite the ride. | 接下来六到十八个月会很刺激的 |
[17:46] | Yeah, this ends now. | 到此为止 |
[17:47] | Here. | 给你 |
[17:48] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[17:49] | I’m paying off this scam artist. | 我付钱给这个诈骗专家 |
[17:51] | “Artist.” Finally. Thank you. | 终于有人说我是”专家”了 多谢夸奖 |
[17:53] | This says 87 bucks, okay? | 这上面才87块钱好吗 |
[17:55] | That’s a bit shy of the vague | 跟我们之前含糊定下的 |
[17:57] | 10 to 15 hundo that we had discussed. | 十到十五百大洋差多了 |
[17:58] | That’s because I got an estimate, | 因为我找人评估了 |
[18:00] | and that is the actual amount it costs to fix the dent. | 这是修车的实际花费 |
[18:03] | For the car. | 修车而已 |
[18:04] | What about my pain and suffering? | 我的痛苦和折磨怎么算 |
[18:05] | Well, I also went to the DMV and found out | 我还去了车管局 我查到 |
[18:07] | that your car is registered to a one Barbara Calabasas. | 你的车登记在芭芭拉·卡拉巴萨斯名下 |
[18:10] | I didn’t know you were gonna do some light digging. | 我不知道你会浅浅挖掘真相 |
[18:12] | Please don’t tell Mom I took her sled for a joyride, okay? | 求你别告诉我妈我偷偷开走她的爱车 |
[18:15] | That woman has a terrible temper. | 那女人脾气可差了 |
[18:17] | Well, then, take that and get out of here. | 那就拿钱走人 |
[18:19] | Fine. But the joke’s on you, | 好吧 但闹笑话的是你们 |
[18:20] | because I’m not fixing the dent. | 因为我根本不会去修车 |
[18:22] | I’m spending all this money | 我会把所有的钱 |
[18:23] | on lotto tickets and strawberry milk. | 用来买彩票和草莓牛奶 |
[18:25] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不必这么做的 |
[18:26] | This is my fault for believing in the world. | 相信世界是我的错 |
[18:28] | Stop. That’s what I love about you. | 够了 我就是爱你这样子 |
[18:30] | I don’t get it. I thought you wanted me to open my eyes. | 我不懂 你不是希望我开开眼吗 |
[18:33] | Sure, there are bad people out there. | 当然 世上有坏人 |
[18:35] | But that just means that the world needs | 但那意味着世界需要更多 |
[18:36] | more honest, good ones, like you. | 像你这样诚实的好人 |
[18:39] | So, you don’t want me to change? | 所以你不希望我改变 |
[18:41] | Actually, I was hoping you could help me be more like you. | 其实 我本希望你能帮我变得像你一样 |
[18:44] | – Really? – ?Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[18:46] | The more time we spend together, the better I’ll be, | 我们在一起越久 我会变得越好 |
[18:49] | so when we do start a family, | 这样等我们终于组建家庭时 |
[18:50] | I’ll be as much of a sucker as you are. | 我就会跟你一样好骗了 |
[18:52] | Well, lucky for you, | 你走运了 |
[18:54] | I would love to be taken advantage of together. | 我很愿意跟你一起被占便宜 |
[18:58] | With that, Geoff and Erica decided that from then on, | 就这样 杰夫和爱丽卡决定从那时起 |
[19:00] | they’d hold each other accountable, | 他们会督促彼此负责任 |
[19:01] | because that’s what you have to do with the people you love, | 因为对挚爱你必须这样做 |
[19:04] | even if that means admitting you were wrong. | 哪怕那意味着承认你错了 |
[19:06] | So, no sequel? | 不拍续集吗 |
[19:08] | The first one was a flop, so no. | 第一部口碑极差 不拍了 |
[19:11] | Adam, I’m sorry I sheltered you, | 亚当 抱歉我过度保护你 |
[19:13] | but I’m your mama. | 但我是你妈妈 |
[19:15] | It’s my instinct to protect you from the world. | 我的本能就是保护你不受世界伤害 |
[19:18] | But all you’ve done is keep me in the dark. | 可你做的一切只是让我看不清现实 |
[19:21] | Walls, Dave Kim, Mr. Glascott? | 沃尔斯 金戴夫 格拉克曼老师 |
[19:24] | They’re confronted with this stuff every day. | 他们每天都要面对这些问题 |
[19:27] | They don’t get to hide from it. | 他们躲无可躲 |
[19:28] | So what do you want to do? | 那你想怎么做 |
[19:30] | For starters, I want to be a part of the solution. | 首先 我想成为解决问题的人 |
[19:33] | I want to figure out how I can help. | 我想想清楚我能怎样帮上忙 |
[19:35] | It may not be a movie, | 或许拍电影不行 |
[19:36] | but I want to make a difference wherever I can. | 但我想尽可能做出改变 |
[19:39] | I know you will. | 我知道你会的 |
[19:40] | And I’m not going to stand in your way. | 我不会阻止你的 |
[19:43] | Maybe you’ll show me how I can help, too. | 或许你也会让我看到我能怎样帮上忙 |
[19:46] | I’d like that. | 那再好不过了 |
[19:48] | Truth is, real change starts with tough conversations, | 事实是 真正的改变从艰难的沟通开始 |
[19:51] | ’cause you have to face reality if you want to improve it. | 因为假如你想改善现实 必须先面对现实 |
[19:54] | Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. | 任何的不公都是对公正世界的威胁 |
[19:57] | That’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. | 这是马丁·路德金博士说的 |
[19:59] | And you would know that | 你本该知道这句话 |
[20:00] | if it was in your textbooks where it should be. | 它理应被写进教科书 |
[20:02] | Sure, a few people can’t change the world all at once, | 当然 少数人无法一下子改变世界 |
[20:05] | but it’s a start, ’cause that’s what progress is — | 但那是个开始 因为进步就是这样的 |
[20:08] | small steps that can lead to something revolutionary. | 星星之火可以燎原 |
[20:12] | The movies had always inspired me to create, | 一直以来电影都激励我去创造 |
[20:14] | but one in particular | 但有一部极为特殊 |
[20:16] | inspired me to do the right thing. | 激励我为所应为 |
[20:23] | Oh, it’s all too much! | 我受不了了 |
[20:26] | ?Oh, no! | 不要啊 |
[20:27] | Oh, mother mercy, why?! | 圣母啊 为什么 |
[20:30] | Geoff, | 杰夫 |
[20:32] | you’ve inspired me to be a better man. | 你激励我成一个更好的人 |
[20:34] | ?Aww, Bar. Are you giving some of your stuff to charity? | 小巴 你要捐东西给慈善机构吗 |
[20:36] | Nope, I’m giving some of your stuff back. | 不是 是把你的一些东西还给你 |
[20:38] | My missing Jordans? | 我丢了的乔丹 |
[20:39] | I cried when I couldn’t find these! | 找不到的时候我哭惨了 |
[20:41] | So hard. But they’re back now, | 特别惨 但现在失而复得 |
[20:43] | and they smell like my feet. | 还有一股我的脚臭味 |
[20:44] | My toothbrush? My pajamas? | 我的牙刷 我的睡衣 |
[20:46] | A photo of my Nana? | 我奶奶的照片 |
[20:47] | I like her face. | 我喜欢她的脸 |
[20:48] | My prescription swim goggles? | 我的医用泳镜 |
[20:49] | Yeah, those gave me a headache in the shower. | 我淋浴时戴它头好疼 |
[20:52] | But the good news is, I learned my lesson | 但好消息是 我学到了一课 |
[20:54] | and I will never permanently borrow anything from you again. | 我永远不会再借你东西不还了 |
[20:58] | Later, Schwartz. | 回见 施瓦茨 |
[20:59] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |