时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | So Aristotle was Plato’s student. | 亚里士多德是柏拉图的学生 |
[00:04] | And Aristotle believes that your character is voluntary, | 他认为人的性格是自发的 |
[00:08] | because it’s just the result of your actions, | 因为性格是自身行为的结果 |
[00:11] | which are under your control. | 而人的行为又由自身控制 |
[00:16] | For example, right now, | 就比如说 现在 |
[00:17] | you have made the insane choice to ignore the person | 我一心想救你于水火之中 |
[00:21] | who is literally trying to save you from eternal damnation. | 结果你却选择无视我 |
[00:24] | No, yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m listening. | 不 没有 我在听呢 |
[00:26] | I just… | 我只是… |
[00:27] | Are we sure we should be paying attention to these guys? | 我们真有必要在意这些人吗 |
[00:30] | It’s like, who died and left Aristotle in charge of ethics? | 谁死了 让亚里士多德成为伦理学的老大啊 |
[00:34] | Plato. | 柏拉图啊 |
[00:37] | Coming! | 来了 |
[00:38] | We’re just…kissing. | 我们在… 热吻 |
[00:40] | – And groping? – What? | -摸得兴起呢 -什么 |
[00:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[00:48] | Tahani. | 塔哈妮 |
[00:49] | Hi. What brings you here? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[00:51] | You know, I was just, in the neighborhood. | 我刚好就在附近嘛 |
[00:55] | Do you get it, Eleanor? | 这个梗你听懂了吗 埃莉诺 |
[00:56] | Because, you know, we’re all in the same afterlife, | 因为我们都住在同一个街区 |
[00:57] | so, you know, I’m always in the neighborhood. | 所以我一直都在附近 |
[01:00] | Do you get it? | 听懂了吗 |
[01:01] | I do, and it’s delightful. | 懂了 真是好好笑哦 |
[01:03] | Anyway, this is for you. | 总之 这个送你 |
[01:06] | Just a housewarming plant. | 庆祝你乔迁之喜 |
[01:07] | It’s a little reminder that if there’s ever anything that you need, | 如果有任何需要 一看到盆栽 |
[01:10] | I am right next door. | 你就会想到我住在隔壁 |
[01:11] | How could I possibly forget? | 简直没齿难忘啊 |
[01:13] | Have a great day, Tahani! | 祝你生活愉快 塔哈妮 |
[01:14] | All right. | 谢谢 |
[01:19] | Tahani. | 塔哈妮 |
[01:20] | Welcome to the neighborhood. | 欢迎你搬来 |
[01:22] | Even though we all arrived here at the same time, | 虽然我们是同时来到「善地」 |
[01:24] | here’s some dirt I put in a bowl because I’m amazing. | 我人超好 所以给你送盆泥来了呢 |
[01:29] | I thought it was kind of a nice gesture. | 我觉得她这是出于善意啊 |
[01:32] | Chidi. | 奇迪 |
[01:33] | It’s a total con. I see through her little act. | 她在给自己加戏呢 那点小伎俩我一眼就看穿了 |
[01:36] | Her act of being a nice person who brings you gifts? | 出于善意给你送礼物也是小伎俩吗 |
[01:40] | – Bingo. – Okay. | -答对了 -好吧 |
[01:42] | I’ll…I’ll remind you that | 我…我要提醒你一下 |
[01:43] | you’re trying to learn how to be a good person. | 你正在学习如何当个好人 |
[01:46] | Maybe you should return the favor | 你也许该回报她的好意 |
[01:48] | and bring her something. | 也送她一份礼物 |
[01:49] | So now I’m supposed to be nice and make friends | 就是说现在我还要友善待人 广结良缘 |
[01:53] | – and treat her with mutual respect? – Yeah. | -珍惜这段情吗 -对 |
[01:56] | That exactly what she wants me to do, Chidi, wake up! | 这样可正中她的下怀了 奇迪 清醒吧 |
[02:01] | That…that’s what everyone wants everyone to do. | 正常人都希望彼此这么做啊 |
[02:12] | Hello, Chidi. | 你好 奇迪 |
[02:13] | No frozen yogurt for you this morning? | 今天早上不吃酸奶冰淇淋了吗 |
[02:15] | No, just, doing some reading. | 不了 就看会儿书 |
[02:17] | Been there, brother. | 我懂 哥们儿 |
[02:18] | Workin’ hard or hardly workin’, am I right? | 要么努力工作 要么完全不工作 对吧 |
[02:21] | Hump day. | 周三嘛 |
[02:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:24] | Janet’s functioning as my assistant, | 珍妮特现在是我的助手 |
[02:25] | but she’s a little stiff, | 但她还有点拘谨 |
[02:26] | so I’ve been trying to get her to be a little more | 我就一直想让她变得 |
[02:28] | casual and conversational. | 更随和 更健谈 |
[02:30] | I’ll have what she’s having. | 她点什么 我点什么 |
[02:32] | It’s a work in progress. | 道阻且长啊 |
[02:34] | Listen, Chidi. | 听着 奇迪 |
[02:36] | I’ve been studying your file. | 我最近在研究你的档案 |
[02:37] | You’re a very interesting case. | 你这个人非常有趣 |
[02:39] | You essentially only did one thing while you were on earth. | 你生前可以说是只做了一件事 |
[02:42] | You thought and wrote about ethics. | 关于伦理道德展开思考和写作 |
[02:44] | Yes, I spent 18 years working on my manuscript | 是的 我花了18年写这份手稿 |
[02:48] | called “Who We Are and Who We Are Not…colon… | 名字叫《本我与非我 冒号 |
[02:51] | “Practical Ethics and Their Application.in the Modern World.. | 现代社会实践伦理学及其应用 |
[02:54] | Semi-colon…a Treatise…” | 分号 论文集》 |
[02:55] | Yes, yes, yes, that’s the one. | 对 没错 就是这篇 |
[02:57] | That’s the one. | 就是这篇 |
[02:58] | I think you should experience new adventures. | 我觉得你应该体验新鲜事物 |
[03:00] | You know, do things that you haven’t done on earth, right? | 做点儿你生前没做过的事 懂吗 |
[03:03] | So why don’t we meet tomorrow | 要不我们明天再见 |
[03:05] | and try out some new hobbies. | 一起尝试新爱好吧 |
[03:07] | Why not? | 约啊 |
[03:09] | I’ll…I’ll see you guys tomorrow. | 那明天见咯 |
[03:11] | Not if I see you first. Where’s the beef? | 除非我先见到你呢 这对话真没营养 |
[03:15] | – I don’t know. – Hump day. | -不知道 -周三嘛 |
[03:19] | Hello, Eleanor. | 你好 埃莉诺 |
[03:21] | Jianyu, darling, look, it’s Eleanor from next door. | 剑宇 亲爱的 瞧 邻居埃琳诺来了 |
[03:24] | Is he asleep? | 他睡着了吗 |
[03:26] | Yeah, there’s really no way to tell. | 大概吧 很难分辨 |
[03:28] | Come on in. | 请进吧 |
[03:29] | What brings you to our home, my dear? | 你怎么到我家来了 亲爱的 |
[03:31] | Well, I’m simply repaying your kind gift | 我只是来回赠你的乔迁礼物 |
[03:34] | with a housewarming gift of my own. | 礼尚往来 以礼服人嘛 |
[03:36] | Fresh pears. | 是些鲜梨 |
[03:38] | It’s a plant, just like your gift, | 和你的礼物一样都是植物 |
[03:40] | but you can actually eat them. | 但是我送的梨能吃 |
[03:41] | So maybe it’s a better gift. | 所以或许我的礼物要略胜一筹 |
[03:43] | – Who’s to say? – That’s so kind. | -谁说得清楚呢 -太感谢了 |
[03:46] | However, in, Chinese culture, | 可惜在中国文化中 |
[03:48] | pears are actually a symbol of bad luck. | 梨实际上是厄运的象征 |
[03:50] | And…and I wouldn’t want to offend Jianyu, | 我不想冒犯剑宇 |
[03:51] | so I’m afraid I’m gonna have to throw these in the garbage. | 所以恐怕我得把这些梨给扔了 |
[03:54] | But do come and sit down. | 但还是请你过来坐坐吧 |
[03:58] | We haven’t even had a chance | 我们还没机会 |
[03:59] | to discuss all of the mayhem in our neighborhood yet. | 讨论一下之前街区发生的混乱呢 |
[04:01] | – It’s so disconcerting. – Yes. | -真让人心慌 -是啊 |
[04:03] | What do you think is causing it? | 你觉得是什么因素导致的呢 |
[04:05] | I’m sure I don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[04:06] | But we must keep our heads up. | 但我们一定要保持警惕 |
[04:08] | In fact, tomorrow I’m actually going door-to-door | 实际上 我打算明天挨家挨户拜访 |
[04:10] | to make sure that every single person | 确保街区里的每一个人 |
[04:12] | in this entire neighborhood is keeping calm and carrying on. | 都能保持冷静 继续生活 |
[04:16] | ‘Cause I think that helping others will make me feel like | 因为我觉得帮助别人能让我感到 |
[04:18] | I truly belong here, you know? | 自己真正属于这里 你懂吗 |
[04:25] | Here’s a brainstorm, why don’t I go with you? | 我在想 要不我和你一起去吧 |
[04:27] | I mean, I would love to do my part to help the neighborhood, | 我很想尽一份力 帮助邻居街坊 |
[04:31] | not to mention, get a little bonding time with you, lady. | 而且这样还能和你培养一下感情 妹子 |
[04:34] | Hurrah! | 好耶 |
[04:36] | Such fun. | 一定很有趣 |
[04:38] | I’m telling you, Tahani’s out to get me. | 告诉你 塔哈妮卯着劲要搞我 |
[04:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[04:43] | This note was slipped under my door yesterday. | 昨天这张便条从门缝塞了进来 |
[04:47] | It has to be Tahani. | 肯定是塔哈妮写的 |
[04:49] | She just said to me, “I want to feel like I truly belong here.” | 她刚还说什么「我想感觉自己真的属于这里」 |
[04:52] | Well, where have I seen the word “belong” recently? | 我在哪儿看过「属于」这个词语来着 |
[04:55] | Yeah, kaplow! | 对了 便条 |
[04:56] | I really don’t think she’s the type of person who would write this. | 我真不觉得她会是写这便条的人 |
[05:00] | She is that kind of person and she did write it. | 她就是这种人 便条就是她写的 |
[05:02] | She wants everybody to think she’s such a perfect princess | 她想让全世界都觉得她是完美的小公主 |
[05:06] | just ’cause she’s tall and glamorous | 就因为她又高又仙 |
[05:08] | and has cappuccino skin and curves everywhere… | 咖啡色的皮肤 前凸后翘的 |
[05:11] | and now I’m complimenting her. | 我居然夸起她来了 |
[05:13] | And kind of turned on. | 幻肢都动不了了呢 |
[05:14] | The point is, she straight up sucks, bro. | 重点是 她真是个烂人 兄弟 |
[05:21] | Typical Tahani. | 塔哈妮的典型作风 |
[05:23] | Brings us a faulty plant | 给我们送盘快死的盆栽 |
[05:24] | so she can brag about being a better gardener. | 好吹嘘自己的园艺有多厉害 |
[05:26] | No, I think this is another way in which | 不 我觉得这是你的消极行为 |
[05:29] | your negative actions affect this world. | 影响这个世界的另一种方式 |
[05:32] | This plant represents your relationship to Tahani, | 这个盆栽代表了你和塔哈妮之间的关系 |
[05:35] | so when you’re mean to her, it starts to wilt. | 所以你对她态度恶劣时 盆栽就会枯萎 |
[05:39] | Well, then this plant is doomed, | 那这盆栽活不成了 |
[05:41] | because tomorrow, I’m going with her | 因为明天我会和她出去 |
[05:42] | and I’m gonna prove to you and to everyone | 我会向你 向全世界证明 |
[05:44] | that she is secretly a two-faced, calculating, phony bench. | 她私下是一个两面三刀 爱算计的虚伪「表」 |
[05:51] | Yeah. Truth hurts, doesn’t it, plant? | 是啊 真相总是伤人 对吧 小盆栽 |
[05:56] | So all I want to do is just check in, | 我只想去打声招呼 |
[05:57] | see how everyone’s holding up. | 看看大家过得怎么样 |
[05:59] | Just bring some cheer to these extraordinary people. | 给这些了不起的人们带去一些欢乐 |
[06:02] | Cool. | 真棒 |
[06:03] | So tell me about yourself. | 和我说说你自己吧 |
[06:05] | I mean, I want to hear it all, girlfriend. | 我想了解你的一切 妹子 |
[06:07] | The good, the bad, the really bad, | 好的 坏的 超级坏的一面 |
[06:10] | the embarrassing, the humiliating, just…let’s bond! | 尴尬的 丢脸的经历 咱们交交心嘛 |
[06:13] | Okay, well I was born in Pakistan, | 好吧 我在巴基斯坦出生 |
[06:16] | raised in London, schooled in Paris, | 在伦敦长大 在巴黎上学 |
[06:18] | but I think the primary reason that I’m in the Good Place is that | 但我认为我能入住「善地」的首要原因是 |
[06:20] | I raised quite a lot of money for non-profit groups. | 我帮助非营利组织筹了很多钱 |
[06:24] | Did you ever, skim a little off the top for yourself? | 那你有没有从中抽点油水 |
[06:27] | Gracious, no, no! | 天啊 当然没有 |
[06:29] | Every penny was accounted for. | 每一分钱都有入账 |
[06:31] | And as I raised nearly $60 billion, | 但我筹了将近六百亿 |
[06:33] | there was quite a lot of pennies. Isn’t it? | 这可是一大笔钱啊 对吧 |
[06:35] | But I also dabbled in some other professions. | 同时 我也有涉足其他领域 |
[06:37] | I was a model, a museum curator, | 我曾是一名模特 博物馆馆长 |
[06:40] | an “It Girl,” and… | 时尚先锋 还有… |
[06:42] | I was Baz Luhrmann’s muse for a while. | 有一阵子 我还是巴兹·鲁赫曼的创作灵感来源 |
[06:44] | That was quite fun. | 那段经历太有趣了 |
[06:45] | Modeling? That’s a crazy life. | 当模特 很狂野的生活啊 |
[06:47] | Want to tell me about that rock bottom you probably hit? | 想和我说说你那段低谷时期吗 |
[06:50] | I didn’t really do it for long. | 我没有当很久的模特 |
[06:51] | Couture just doesn’t fit my body. | 那些设计不太合身 |
[06:52] | I’m cursed with ample bosom. | 怪我的胸太大了 |
[06:54] | And yet you soldier on. | 这给你委屈的啊 |
[06:56] | This is silly… | 有意思的是 |
[06:57] | so “Tahani” means “Congratulations” in Arabic. | 「塔哈妮」在阿拉伯语里的意思是恭喜 |
[07:00] | And “Al-Jamil” means “Beautiful,” | 「阿贾米尔」的意思是美人 |
[07:01] | so my full name altogether means… | 所以我的全名意思是 |
[07:03] | “Congratulations, Beautiful.” | 「恭喜啊 美人」 |
[07:04] | Thanks, Eleanor. You big flirt. | 谢了 埃莉诺 小嘴真甜 |
[07:10] | Hey, babe, got you coffee. | 宝贝 给你买了咖啡 |
[07:12] | Great. | 太好了 |
[07:14] | Andy’s Coffee, we shouldn’t go there. | 安迪咖啡店 我们不该买这家的 |
[07:16] | Everybody’s boycotting. | 大家都在抵制这家店 |
[07:16] | Yeah, I know that one guy found a scorpion in his latte. | 是啊 有人在他家的拿铁里发现一只蝎子 |
[07:19] | I don’t really care, though, ’cause it’s so close to here. | 但我不在乎 因为那家店离这里太近了 |
[07:21] | No, no, no, it’s because he’s sexually harassing people. | 不不不 是因为他性骚扰别人 |
[07:24] | Look, a journalist went undercover for an interview | 听着 有记者卧底去面试 |
[07:26] | and recorded him. | 把他拍下来了 |
[07:27] | Here, watch. | 就这个 看看吧 |
[07:29] | Here’s the thing, sweetheart. | 事情是这样的 宝贝 |
[07:29] | 独家新闻 咖啡店大变态 卧底采访 | |
[07:30] | You’re very qualified, | 你非常有资质 |
[07:31] | but you’re also what we call in the coffee shop game | 但同时 你也是我们咖啡业界所说的 |
[07:33] | a, “dog-face.” | 「如花」 |
[07:35] | You’re a three, | 你的长相只有三分 |
[07:36] | and you have to be a nine to work here. | 而要想在这里工作就必须达到九分 |
[07:37] | It’s just math. | 算算就知道了 |
[07:38] | So I didn’t get the job? | 所以我被拒了吗 |
[07:41] | No, dog-face, you didn’t get the job. | 是啊 如花 你被拒了 |
[07:44] | All right, I’ll check your references. | 好吧 我来检查一下你的推荐信 |
[07:48] | – Just to be nice… – Hey, my breasts! | -只是出于好意… -那是我的胸 |
[07:49] | I’ll check ’em. , they’re good. Honk! | 我来检查一下 手感真好 |
[07:52] | I mean, this guy’s a monster, we can’t support this guy. | 这家伙是个禽兽 我们不能买他家的东西 |
[07:54] | Okay, hey, you’re not better than me | 好吧 只因你不光顾摸过一次胸的人 |
[07:56] | just ’cause you won’t support a guy who grabbed a boob once. | 不能证明你比我善良 |
[07:59] | No, I’m just saying we shouldn’t go there. | 不 我的意思是 我们不能再去他的店了 |
[08:01] | We can get coffee somewhere else. | 我们可以去别的店买咖啡 |
[08:03] | Did you know your left reference is a little bit | 你知道你左边的胸比右边的 |
[08:05] | bigger than your right reference? | 要大一些吗 |
[08:06] | It’s not a bad thing, it’s just…it’s a thing. | 不是坏事 只是有这么一回事而已 |
[08:09] | This is the perfect hobby for you, Chidi. | 这是最适合你的兴趣爱好 奇迪 |
[08:12] | Cartography. | 绘图学 |
[08:13] | Your neighborhood stretches way beyond what you’ve already seen. | 你的街区比你目前所见到的要大得多 |
[08:16] | And you can map it, | 你可以手绘这里的地图 |
[08:19] | revealing all of the mysteries, | 将其中的奥秘全部展现出来 |
[08:21] | like an explorer. | 如探险家一般 |
[08:22] | I see how that might be fun. | 我体会到这其中的乐趣了 |
[08:25] | But, exploring makes me nervous. | 但想到探险 我就紧张了 |
[08:27] | I have what doctor’s call “directional insanity.” | 医生诊断我患有「方向紊乱症」 |
[08:30] | I once got lost on an escalator. | 我试过在自动扶梯上迷失方向 |
[08:31] | So not exactly Christopher Columbus. | 所以我当不了克里斯多弗·哥伦布 |
[08:34] | Fun fact: Columbus is in the Bad Place | 有趣的是 哥伦布去了「恶地」 |
[08:36] | because of all the raping, slave trade, and genocide. | 因为他所造成的抢掠 奴隶贩卖和种族灭绝 |
[08:39] | The fact that it makes you nervous | 正因为你对此感到紧张无措 |
[08:41] | is exactly why you should do it. | 你才更应该去做啊 |
[08:43] | You know, get out of your comfort zone. | 走出舒适区 勇于挑战 |
[08:45] | Become a trail-blazer. | 去当个开拓者吧 |
[08:46] | Fun fact: all deceased members of the Portland Trail Blazers | 有趣的是 波特兰开拓者队的所有已故球员 |
[08:49] | basketball team are also in the Bad Place. | 也全都去了「恶地」 |
[08:53] | Yeah, sorry about this. | 是啊 非常抱歉 |
[08:54] | I steered her away from colloquialisms | 我把她从爱讲俚语改成了 |
[08:57] | and into “fun facts” and trivia tidbits. | 爱讲冷知识和小花絮 |
[09:00] | I thought it’d be more in her wheelhouse. | 我觉得这方面她更专业些 |
[09:02] | Fun fact: a “wheelhouse” is a part of a boat. | 有趣的是「操舵室」 是轮船的一部分 |
[09:04] | Okay, thank you, Janet, thank you. | 好了 谢谢你 珍妮特 |
[09:06] | Fun fact: Janet is me. | 有趣的是 我就是珍妮特 |
[09:07] | All right, let’s forget about exploring. | 好了 不说探险了 |
[09:09] | Plenty more ideas for hobbies. | 兴趣爱好多的是 |
[09:11] | Let’s walk back to town, shall we? | 咱们回市区吧 好吗 |
[09:16] | – Wrong way. – Yep. | -走错方向了 -好 |
[09:20] | Well, Glenn, we just wanted to make sure you were all right. | 格伦 我们只是想来看看你的近况 |
[09:22] | Tahani, you’re too sweet. | 塔哈妮 你真是太贴心了 |
[09:24] | Isn’t she just the nicest person? | 她简直是最贴心的人吧 |
[09:26] | That is what a lot of people are saying. | 很多人都这么说 |
[09:29] | Everyone I know is saying that. | 我认识的人都这么说 |
[09:30] | Yeah, it’s just a big neighborhood | 是啊 这里这么大 |
[09:32] | full of enormous mansions and people who love Tahani! | 到处都是大豪宅 到处都是喜欢塔哈妮的人 |
[09:38] | Eleanor and I just want to see if there’s anything | 我和埃莉诺只是想过来看看 |
[09:39] | we can do to help you. | 能不能帮上忙 |
[09:40] | Oh, Tahani, you are so thoughtful. | 塔哈妮 你真是太体贴了 |
[09:42] | Despite all the chaos earlier, | 除了前阵子出的乱子 |
[09:44] | we simply couldn’t be happier. | 我们简直幸福得像在天堂一样 |
[09:46] | I’m so glad to hear it, Cualli. | 真高兴听到你这么说 克劳利 |
[09:47] | Please take a maple butter scone. | 吃点枫糖奶油松饼吧 |
[09:49] | I made them fresh this morning. | 我今早做的 新鲜出炉 |
[09:52] | They look a bit burned. | 看上去有点焦了 |
[09:56] | But they’re not. | 但吃着没有焦 |
[09:58] | Fork, that’s good. | 喵的 太好吃了 |
[10:00] | Extra, extra! | 号外 号外 |
[10:02] | Read all about you. | 看看你的这些报道 |
[10:04] | Chidi, this is the perfect hobby for you. | 奇迪 这个爱好实在太适合你了 |
[10:07] | Journalism. | 新闻业 |
[10:08] | Well, obviously, I like to write. | 很显然 我喜欢写作 |
[10:11] | But I don’t love deadlines. | 但我不喜欢限定时间 |
[10:13] | I prefer to take my time with things. | 我更愿意慢慢来 |
[10:15] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[10:16] | You never even named your dog, did you? | 你甚至从未给自己的狗狗起名字 是吧 |
[10:18] | When it ran away, you posted signs saying, | 当它跑丢后 寻狗启示上写的是 |
[10:21] | “Responds to long pauses.” | 「长时间停顿 狗就会回应」 |
[10:23] | Look, Chidi, I’m just trying to find you a hobby… | 奇迪 我只是想帮你找个爱好… |
[10:27] | that… that will bring you a positive experience. | 以此带给你正能量的体验 |
[10:30] | What do you say? | 你意下如何 |
[10:32] | I’m loving that hat on you. | 这帽子戴你头上真惹眼 |
[10:34] | It would look even better on my floor. | 放我家地板上会更好看 |
[10:36] | What is happening now? | 这是什么情况 |
[10:37] | I suggested she be friendlier; | 我建议她待人友善一些 |
[10:39] | she seems to have slipped right into overt sexuality. | 她好像直接进入了撩骚阶段 |
[10:42] | I got something you can slip into. | 你可以进入我的某个地方 |
[10:45] | Janet, no! | 珍妮特 打住 |
[10:47] | No, Janet. | 打住 珍妮特 |
[10:50] | Jianyu, darling, would you like some tea? | 剑宇 亲爱的 你要喝茶吗 |
[10:54] | That nod meant no, apparently. | 点头的意思显然是拒绝 |
[10:56] | Well, it was nice to get out and meet all of our wonderful neighbors. | 很开心能出来见见友好的邻居们 |
[10:59] | They all truly belong here. | 他们都真正属于这里 |
[11:02] | Yes they do, cutie-pants. | 是的呀 小可爱 |
[11:05] | Well, I should really be going. | 我真得走了 |
[11:06] | I have to begin my 12 step Korean skincare regiment, | 我要开始进行韩式12步护肤法了 |
[11:08] | but, I’ll see… No, no, no. | 但我… 不不不 |
[11:10] | Please stay and enjoy the evening tea. | 请留下享受晚茶吧 |
[11:12] | I’ll see you soon. | 我马上回来 |
[11:30] | “The Diary of Tahani Al-Jamil.” | 「塔哈妮·阿贾米尔的日记」 |
[11:34] | Okay. Arc welding. | 好了 电弧焊接 |
[11:37] | You could learn sculpture, you can make furniture, | 你能学会雕塑 制作家具 |
[11:39] | you can get your hands a little greasy, | 可以亲手去做 |
[11:41] | you know, and you make things. | 造出很多东西 |
[11:42] | This equipment is very scary! | 这个设备真吓人 |
[11:44] | Don’t be a baby. It can’t hurt you. | 别那么怂 又不会伤到你 |
[11:47] | Watch, I’ll blowtorch your face off. | 看着 我能把你的脸喷掉 |
[11:49] | – Janet. – Whatever. | -珍妮特 -随便吧 |
[11:51] | This whole thing is stupid. | 简直太弱了 |
[11:53] | Brother. | 天呐 |
[11:54] | I told her to be less flirty | 我让她别那么轻浮 |
[11:55] | and now she’s cruel and distant, apparently. | 但显然她现在变得残忍又冷漠 |
[11:59] | I just can’t get this right. | 我就是调教不好她 |
[12:00] | Thank you for trying to find me a new hobby. | 谢谢你费心帮我寻找新爱好 |
[12:03] | But I just want to be an academic. | 但我只想做个学者 |
[12:06] | I want to keep working on my manuscript. | 我想继续写我的手稿 |
[12:09] | Chidi, here’s the thing… | 奇迪 实话跟你说吧 |
[12:11] | see, I read your whole book, all 3,600 pages of it. | 我读了你的书 整整三千六百页 |
[12:16] | It’s…… | 很… |
[12:17] | how shall I put this? | 怎么说呢 |
[12:18] | It’s a mess, dude. | 烂透了 伙计 |
[12:22] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[12:23] | You see, Chidi, I can read the entirety of | 奇迪 我大约一小时 |
[12:25] | the world’s literature in about an hour. | 就能读完所有世界文学 |
[12:28] | This took me two weeks to get through. | 而这个手稿我却看了两周 |
[12:30] | I mean, it’s so convoluted, | 实在是晦涩难懂 |
[12:32] | I just kept reading the same paragraph over and over again, | 同一段文字我读了一遍又一遍 |
[12:35] | trying to figure out what the heck you were saying. | 想要弄明白你到底在说什么 |
[12:37] | No. | 不是吧 |
[12:38] | I mean, on page 1,000, | 第一千页 |
[12:40] | you start section two with the sentence, | 你用这句话开启第二部分 |
[12:43] | “Of course, the exact opposite might be true.” | 「当然 完全相反的方向可能是对的」 |
[12:46] | You’re a brilliant guy, Chidi. | 你很聪明 奇迪 |
[12:49] | But you just kept revising and rewriting | 但你只是在不停地修正重写 |
[12:52] | and adding words to your title. | 往标题里加东西 |
[12:54] | I think you just twisted yourself up into a knot. | 你似乎把自己打成了死结 |
[12:57] | I have a very bad stomachache. | 我胃疼得不得了 |
[13:00] | Hey, man. | 哥们 |
[13:04] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[13:05] | Am I a good teacher? | 我是一个好老师吗 |
[13:06] | Am I clear? Do I make sense? | 我的言谈清晰 符合逻辑吗 |
[13:09] | Yeah, you’re a great teacher. | 当然了 你是个很好的老师 |
[13:10] | I’m super ethical now. | 我现在可道德了 |
[13:12] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[13:14] | Nah… don’t worry about it. | 没什么 别管了 |
[13:18] | I stole Tahani’s diary. | 我偷了塔哈妮的日记 |
[13:19] | So I could see if her handwriting matches the note | 这样我就能比对她的笔迹了 |
[13:22] | and also read about all the mean and terrible things she’s definitely done | 还能知道她做过哪些不可告人的丑事 |
[13:26] | so I can prove she’s actually evil. | 以此证明她实际上是个坏女人 |
[13:35] | What do you think that means? | 你觉得这代表了什么 |
[13:39] | You stole Tahani’s diary. | 你偷了塔哈妮的日记 |
[13:42] | I know I broke some ethical rule, | 我知道我违背了道德准则 |
[13:44] | but I had good reason. | 但我理由很充分 |
[13:45] | Eleanor, in order to be a good person, | 埃莉诺 想要做一个好人 |
[13:47] | you have to do good things. | 你必须要做好事 |
[13:49] | And not stealing people’s stuff, | 不能偷别人的东西 |
[13:51] | that is just a basic kindergarten rule. | 这是幼儿园小朋友都知道的事 |
[13:53] | I mean, do I also have to tell you to not throw sand? | 难道我还要教你不要乱扔沙子吗 |
[13:57] | First of all, | 首先 |
[13:57] | throwing sand is an excellent way to put out a vodka fire. | 扔沙子可以有效灭掉着火的伏特加 |
[13:59] | Why would you even know that? | 你怎么会知道这种事 |
[14:00] | Second of all, I know that it may not be nice, | 其次 我知道这种行为不好 |
[14:03] | but neither is pretending to be 100% perfect, | 但是假装自己十全十美也不好呀 |
[14:06] | like Tahani does. | 就像塔哈妮那样 |
[14:07] | – She wrote that note. – No she didn’t! | -那张纸条是她写的 -不是她 |
[14:10] | You did! | 是你 |
[14:12] | I was hoping you would come to this conclusion on your own, | 我本来希望你能自己领悟 |
[14:15] | but, obviously, no one here would ever threaten you. | 但是很显然 这里没人会威胁你 |
[14:20] | That note is the Good Place manifesting your own guilt. | 那张纸条是你自己愧疚的证明 |
[14:23] | Like with the plant, | 正如这株植物着火 |
[14:24] | or when you literally made giant shrimp fly through the air. | 以及因你的贪婪而令大虾满天飞 |
[14:30] | I wrote myself the note. | 这张纸条是我写给自己的 |
[14:32] | And as it turns out, | 而结果表明 |
[14:34] | I do belong here. | 我确实属于这里 |
[14:36] | Because I’m just as good as everyone else. | 因为我跟其他人一样好 |
[14:38] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[14:38] | No, you don’t belong here. | 不 你不属于这里 |
[14:41] | And in this place, everyone is better than you. | 这里的每个人都比你好 |
[14:44] | It has been proven by an infallible formula. | 这一点已被毫无纰漏的系统证明了 |
[14:47] | Tahani might be a little British | 塔哈妮是有一点英腔 |
[14:49] | and condescending at times, | 有时候有点装 |
[14:51] | but she devoted her entire life to helping other people. | 但她一生都致力于帮助他人 |
[14:55] | She’s a good person. | 她是一个好人 |
[14:57] | Accept that. | 接受现实吧 |
[15:01] | Hey, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[15:02] | Great news, I got us tickets to the Coyotes game. | 好消息 我弄到两张野狼队的球赛门票 |
[15:04] | – Awesome! – But, yikes. | -太好了 -但是 很可惜 |
[15:07] | Turns out two of the players have DUIs. | 结果其中两名球员都曾涉嫌酒驾 |
[15:10] | Guess we can’t cheer for that team. | 我们可不能替这种球队加油啊 |
[15:12] | – Eleanor, I… – You know what? | -埃莉诺 我… -这样吧 |
[15:13] | Instead, let’s just stay in, | 我们不如就待在家里 |
[15:15] | watch a Roman Polanski movie, | 看一部罗曼·波兰斯基的电影 |
[15:17] | listen to R. Kelly, | 听听罗伯特·凯利的歌 |
[15:18] | and eat Chik-fil-A. | 叫份外卖 |
[15:20] | Does that sound good? | 听起来不错吧 |
[15:21] | There’s bad stuff everywhere, man. | 外面的世界充满险恶 |
[15:24] | It’s impossible to avoid. | 根本无法规避 |
[15:25] | Yeah, but shouldn’t we just try? | 是 但我们难道不该试试看吗 |
[15:28] | Shouldn’t we just try to do the right thing whenever we can? | 难道我们不该尽力去做正确的事情吗 |
[15:30] | Why? It’s so much harder to live like that. | 为什么呀 那样活得多辛苦 |
[15:32] | And it’s not like someone’s keeping score. | 而且又不会有人因此给你加分 |
[15:34] | Look, I know you’re gonna break up with me, okay? | 听着 我知道你想和我分手 |
[15:36] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不是傻瓜 |
[15:38] | I read your emails to your dad. | 我看了你给你爸发的邮件 |
[15:39] | Have fun being so amazing and perfect until you die. | 祝你到死都这么优质完美 |
[15:41] | And by the way, I’m talking really fast | 顺便说下 我语速这么快 |
[15:43] | because I still go to Andy’s Coffee, | 是因为我依旧光顾「安迪咖啡屋」 |
[15:45] | and I got a full punch card, bro. | 而且我的卡片已经集满孔了 |
[15:54] | Good people make me insecure. | 好人令我不安 |
[15:56] | When I’m around someone who I think is better than me, | 每当我和比我好的人在一起时 |
[15:58] | I try and drag them down to my level. | 就会试图拉他们和我一起堕落 |
[16:00] | That’s why perfect Tahani is like my kryptonite. | 所以完美的塔哈妮就像我的克星 |
[16:04] | Well, even admitting that is an important step. | 能承认这一点代表你迈出了重要的一步 |
[16:08] | And also, maybe don’t listen to me. | 其实你也不必听我的 |
[16:10] | I would love not to listen to you. | 我倒是想不听你的 |
[16:12] | Wait, what? | 等等 你说什么 |
[16:12] | Basically, my life’s work is 3,600 pages of garbage. | 我的毕生心血根本就是三千六百页的垃圾 |
[16:18] | Even Michael couldn’t understand it. | 就连迈克尔都读不懂 |
[16:20] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[16:21] | – What does Michael know? – Everything. | -迈克尔懂什么 -无所不知 |
[16:23] | That’s my point… he knows everything, | 我的意思是 无所不知的他 |
[16:25] | and it was too convoluted, even for him. | 也觉得我的作品晦涩难懂 |
[16:27] | Michael does not know everything. | 迈克尔并不是无所不知 |
[16:30] | Michael does not know I’m not supposed to be here. | 他都不知道我不该属于这里 |
[16:33] | You wrote 4,000 pages on | 你写了四千页 |
[16:35] | one of the most complicated subjects in the world. | 讲述世上最复杂的一个主题 |
[16:38] | I mean I used to get bored halfway through writing a text message. | 我曾短信发到一半就烦了 |
[16:41] | Be proud. | 你该感到骄傲 |
[16:48] | I want to broaden my horizons and try new things, | 我想要开阔视野 尝试新事物 |
[16:50] | and I will. | 我也会付诸行动 |
[16:51] | But even though I might have gotten lost in the weeds, | 但尽管我可能迷失了方向 |
[16:53] | I loved writing this book. | 我还是想写这本书 |
[16:56] | And I want to try again. | 我想再试试看 |
[16:58] | So… | 所以… |
[17:00] | will you be my advisor? | 你愿意做我的顾问吗 |
[17:01] | Chidi, all I want is for you to be happy. | 奇迪 我只希望你能开心 |
[17:05] | So if spending eternity | 所以如果永生都要 |
[17:07] | getting blunt feedback on your circular, rambling ideas | 听取对你杂乱无章想法的犀利评价 |
[17:11] | will make you happy, | 能让你开心 |
[17:12] | then of course I will be your advisor. | 那么我愿意做你的顾问 |
[17:15] | Let’s throw that monstrosity in the trash and start over. | 我们扔掉这堆废纸 重新开始吧 |
[17:20] | Aren’t there maybe some parts worth salvaging? | 就没有一点值得保留的部分吗 |
[17:22] | Honestly, man, I don’t even know. | 说实话 我都没读懂 |
[17:24] | I mean, that thing is unreadable. | 这书简直没法读 |
[17:25] | I literally learned what headaches were because that thing gave me a headache. | 这本书让我明白了什么叫头疼 |
[17:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:32] | There you go. | 很好 |
[17:33] | New beginnings! Well done. | 新开始 干得好 |
[17:46] | – Hello, Eleanor. – Hi. | -你好 埃莉诺 -你好 |
[17:48] | Sorry, I was just cleaning up. | 抱歉 我刚刚在清理房间 |
[17:51] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[17:53] | Do you want to… | 你想要… |
[17:54] | talk about it? | 谈谈吗 |
[17:55] | Desperately. | 特别想 |
[17:57] | It’s Jianyu. | 是剑宇的事 |
[17:59] | I just can’t seem to connect with him. | 我就是没法和他亲近起来 |
[18:01] | I know that he took a vow of silence, | 我知道他恪守缄默法则 |
[18:02] | but he won’t even talk to me, his soul mate! | 但他都不愿和我这个灵魂伴侣说话 |
[18:06] | And I adore talking. | 而我特别喜欢说话 |
[18:08] | I know. You do. | 我知道 你确实能说 |
[18:09] | Eleanor, you don’t know what it’s like to be in paradise | 埃莉诺 你不明白身在天堂 |
[18:12] | and feel like there’s something just not quite right. | 却感觉有哪里不对劲是什么滋味 |
[18:15] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[18:17] | I may not know exactly what you’re feeling, | 我虽然无法知晓你的切身感受 |
[18:20] | but I do understand. | 但我能理解 |
[18:22] | And you deserve to be happy, because… | 你值得拥有开心的生活 因为… |
[18:26] | you are an impressive, thoughtful, and special person. | 你令人难忘 善解人意 独一无二 |
[18:31] | Not to mention… | 更别提… |
[18:34] | you have a rockin’ bod. | 你还身材火辣 |
[18:36] | I mean, Jianyu may be mute, | 剑宇虽然不说话 |
[18:38] | but he’s not blind. | 但他又不瞎 |
[18:41] | You two belong here. | 你们俩属于这里 |
[18:43] | And you belong together. | 你们属于彼此 |
[18:45] | And you have all of eternity, | 你们拥有永恒的时间 |
[18:47] | so there’s plenty of time for things to change. | 所以有大把时间来改变现状 |
[18:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:51] | I really needed to hear that. Come here. | 我正需要这样的安慰 过来 |
[18:56] | Of course your hugs are amazing. | 想到你的拥抱会很暖心了 |
[19:05] | Stupid ledge. | 糟心设计 |
[19:07] | No stairs. | 没有楼梯 |
[19:10] | Everyone here is really into hugging. | 这里每个人都很爱拥抱啊 |
[19:15] | Looks like someone learned something. | 某人似乎有进步啊 |
[19:20] | Well, it’s ’cause someone else is a really good teacher. | 因为某人教得好嘛 |
[19:27] | Eleanor, hello. | 你好啊 埃莉诺 |
[19:29] | How are you, my dear, sweet bestie? | 你好吗 亲爱的好姐妹 |
[19:32] | Never better. What’s up? | 好得不得了 怎么了 |
[19:33] | Well, Janet has been acting as my assistant. | 珍妮特一直在担任我的助理 |
[19:36] | It’s not what she was designed to do. Didn’t go great. | 这本不是她的职责 也做得不太好 |
[19:40] | But now I’m back to normal. | 但我现在恢复正常了 |
[19:42] | It turns out that the best Janet | 原来最好的珍妮特 |
[19:43] | was the Janet that was inside Janet all along. | 就是内心最真实的那个她 |
[19:46] | She was feeling a little lost, | 她之前有点迷失自我 |
[19:48] | so I gave her a self-help book to restore her confidence. | 所以我给了她一本自助书籍来重拾自信 |
[19:52] | Now I’m living my truth and creating my bliss. | 我现在坚持真我 福佑自生 |
[19:55] | Anyway, look, | 是这样 |
[19:57] | Michael asked me if I would serve as his assistant, | 迈克尔问我能否做他的助理 |
[19:59] | but I’d quite like to focus on my relationship with Jianyu. | 但我想专心和剑宇培养感情 |
[20:03] | So I recommended you for the job. | 所以我就向他推荐了你 |
[20:07] | Eleanor, you and I could work side-by-side | 埃莉诺 我们俩可以共同努力 |
[20:10] | to figure out what’s going wrong with this neighborhood. | 弄清这个街区哪里出了差错 |
[20:14] | Will you help me? | 你愿意帮助我吗 |
[20:15] | – How could I say no? – Yeah, hurrah! | -我怎么会拒绝呢 -棒耶 |
[20:17] | Hurrah! | 棒耶 |
[20:23] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[20:32] | Relax, Eleanor. | 别紧张 埃莉诺 |
[20:35] | You sent this to yourself. | 这是你自己写给自己的 |
[20:37] | This is your own guilt manifesting itself. | 是你的内疚在作怪 |
[20:42] | I’ve been waiting for you. | 我等你很久了 |
[20:45] | Jianyu? | 剑宇 |
[20:46] | You talk now? | 你怎么开口说话了 |
[20:50] | You sent me these threatening notes? | 这些威胁纸条是你写给我的 |
[20:52] | What the fork, man? | 搞什么喵啊 |
[20:54] | Some Buddhist monk you are. | 你算什么佛僧啊 |
[20:55] | You don’t belong here. | 你不属于这里 |
[20:57] | Admit it. | 承认吧 |
[21:00] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[21:01] | I don’t belong here. | 我不属于这里 |
[21:03] | Michael made a mistake. | 迈克尔弄错了 |
[21:04] | But I’m trying, dude. | 但我已经在努力了 |
[21:05] | I’m really trying to be a good person. | 我很努力要做个好人 |
[21:07] | And I think I’m changing for the better, | 而且我感觉自己在变好 |
[21:09] | so just please, please don’t rat me out. | 所以求你别揭发我 |
[21:13] | Don’t worry, I won’t. | 别担心 我不会 |
[21:16] | Because I’m not supposed to be here, either. | 因为我也本不该来「善地」 |
[21:18] | I don’t know how I got here, | 我不知道怎么会来这里 |
[21:19] | I have no idea what’s going on, | 完全不清楚是怎么回事 |
[21:20] | and I am freakin’ out, homey! | 我吓到要崩溃了 姐们 |
[21:22] | You got to help me. | 你一定得帮帮我 |
[21:24] | I’m scared! | 我好怕 |
[21:27] | What? | 什么 |