时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Okay. | 好了 |
[00:09] | That was an insane thing for us to do. | 从法官面前逃跑真是太大胆了 |
[00:12] | Okay, good news. | 好消息 |
[00:14] | I have the Doorman’s key, | 我拿走了守门人的钥匙 |
[00:15] | so no one will be able to come after us. | 这样就没人能来追捕我们了 |
[00:17] | Let’s just try to– | 我们就先试着… |
[00:22] | Your key is ringing. | 你的钥匙响了 |
[00:25] | I have a question for you. | 问你们一个问题 |
[00:26] | Are you out of your damn mind? | 你们俩疯了吗 |
[00:28] | Your Honor, look at it from my point of view. | 法官阁下 依我之见 |
[00:30] | I have never been this angry in my life, | 我这辈子从没这么生气过 |
[00:33] | which is the age of the universe! | 我可是从宇宙创始起就存在了 |
[00:35] | I understand, but saving the souls of these four humans is more important, | 我明白 但拯救这四个人类的灵魂更为紧要 |
[00:40] | so we’re not coming back until we do. | 不成功 我们绝不回去 |
[00:43] | Don’t you even try coming back here, | 你们敢回来试试看 |
[00:44] | because when you walk through that door, | 只要你们敢回来 |
[00:46] | I am gonna be waiting for you. | 我一定让你们知道违抗我的代价 |
[00:48] | Sorry, Judge, I think you’re breaking up. | 抱歉 法官 信号不太好 |
[00:50] | That’s impossible. It’s a magical key, you dick. | 魔法钥匙不会信号不好 你个混蛋 |
[00:54] | What are you doing? I can see you. | 你们干什么 我看着呢 |
[00:57] | This is perfect. | 太棒了 |
[00:58] | We’re right near Chidi’s office, | 这里离奇迪办公室很近 |
[00:59] | and as far as I can tell, the whole floor is abandoned. | 而且我看这一层都没人 |
[01:02] | What do they use it for? Storage? | 这层是干什么的 储存室吗 |
[01:04] | No, this is the journalism department. | 不 是新闻系 |
[01:06] | Bad for the world, good for us. | 没人做新闻 正好便宜我们 |
[01:09] | So somehow, with none of our powers, | 我们俩都失去能力了 |
[01:13] | we have to keep the group intact | 得想办法不让四人组分散 |
[01:14] | and monitor their ethical progress. | 还得监视他们有没有变好 |
[01:19] | – So how–how do we do that? – Not sure. | -要怎么做 -没想好 |
[01:21] | There’s no way to track people’s actual point totals. | 我们没法查阅人类的总得分 |
[01:24] | Only the Accountants have that information. | 只有”会计处”才能读取这些信息 |
[01:25] | But I did install cameras and microphones, | 不过好在我装了监控和麦克风 |
[01:28] | so at least we can keep our eye on them. | 至少我们可以掌握他们的一举一动 |
[01:31] | Let’s get peeping! | “偷窥行动”开始啦 |
[01:34] | No. Not a great start. | 不好 苗头不妙 |
[01:36] | Eleanor farted, and then she blamed it on her chair. | 埃莉诺放了屁 却推脱是椅子不好 |
[01:39] | That’s gonna cost her at least a few points. | 这样会减分的 |
[01:41] | There’s a bolt missing, or something. | 少了一个螺钉吧 |
[01:43] | Before we begin, Trevor is dropping out of the study. | 先通知一下大家 特雷弗退出了 |
[01:47] | He sent me an email last night. | 他昨晚给我发了邮件 |
[01:49] | “I’m sad to inform you | “很忧桑地通知你 |
[01:50] | that I am too ugly and stupid to be in the study | 我这样的丑穷挫不适合参与研究 |
[01:53] | and I’m going home to my mommy.” | 我妈叫我回家吃饭了” |
[01:55] | That was me. I wrote that email. | 那封邮件是我发的 |
[01:57] | It’s too bad, but we press on. | 太遗憾了 但我们还是得继续 |
[01:59] | We’re on to Stage Two of the study. | 现在进入研究的第二阶段 |
[02:01] | I’m going to teach you some philosophical principles, | 我会给大家讲解一些哲学原理 |
[02:03] | and then, we will explore | 然后 我们再来讨论 |
[02:04] | how those ideas have affected your personal moral machineries. | 这些原理对我们个人道德观的影响 |
[02:08] | Sorry, Eleanor, did you say something? | 不好意思 埃莉诺 你说话了吗 |
[02:09] | No, it’s my chair. It’s got this weird design. | 没有啊 椅子设计有问题 一直在响 |
[02:13] | – Your chair smells bad. – I know. | -你的椅子好臭啊 -是啊 |
[02:15] | See, another person who agrees it’s the chair. | 你瞧 杰森也觉得是椅子有问题 |
[02:25] | Great news, everyone. | 好消息 各位 |
[02:27] | The funding from the neuroscience department came through. | 神经科学系的拨款下来了 |
[02:30] | And you blew it all on cupcakes? | 你都用来买纸杯蛋糕了 |
[02:33] | Exactly what I would have done. Respect. | 正合我意 英雄所见略同啊 |
[02:36] | – Eleanor? – I’m good. | -埃莉诺 -不用了 |
[02:38] | I try to avoid pointless group activities, you know? | 我不想参与无聊的团队活动 |
[02:41] | Like office Christmas parties or jury duty. | 比如 公司圣诞趴 公民陪审员 |
[02:43] | To me, the single most awful sound in the universe is that | 对我而言 宇宙中最难听的声音 |
[02:46] | mangled opening note of your co-worker singing “Happy Birthday.” | 就是同事齐唱的生日歌 |
[02:49] | Cool stance. Counterpoint: these are delicious, free cupcakes. | 有个性 但这可是美味的免费蛋糕哦 |
[02:54] | – Get over yourself and eat one. – Fine. | -别纠结了 快来吃 -好吧 |
[02:56] | You guys, let’s take a picture. | 各位 合个影吧 |
[02:58] | Everyone, get in, get in, and say, | 大家都来啊 一起说 |
[03:01] | say “Ventromedial pre-frontal cortex.” | 一起说 “腹内侧前额皮层” |
[03:04] | Ventromedial–pre-frontal– | 腹内侧前…巴拉巴拉 |
[03:06] | Jaguars rule! | 美洲虎队 地表最强 |
[03:11] | Hey, teach, I’ve been having so much fun here, | 老师 在这儿真的很开心 |
[03:14] | but I didn’t plan to stay in Australia this long, | 但我当初没想到会在澳洲待这么久 |
[03:16] | and I’m super broke. | 我现在穷得叮当响 |
[03:18] | Any idea where I can get a part-time gig? | 你知道哪里招兼职吗 |
[03:21] | What kind of work are you looking for? | 你想找什么样的兼职 |
[03:22] | Well, I’m really good at telemarketing. | 我是电话营销大神 |
[03:24] | I can usually guess how long to microwave food without looking at the box. | 我通常不用看说明 就知道食物的微波时间 |
[03:29] | I’d say those are my two main skills. | 这也是我唯二擅长的东西了 |
[03:31] | – Okay. I’ll see what I can do. – Dang it. | -好吧 我想想办法 -不妙 |
[03:34] | If Eleanor has to get a job, she’ll miss class, | 如果埃莉诺去工作 就没时间上课了 |
[03:36] | and that will slow down her progress. | 她向善的进程就会减缓 |
[03:41] | Are you sure we should be doing this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[03:42] | It kind of feels like cheating. | 好像在作弊哎 |
[03:43] | No, no, no. It’s–it’s not cheating. | 不不不 这不是作弊 |
[03:45] | Think of us as a snowplow, clearing a path for Eleanor | 我们相当于为埃莉诺清路的扫雪机 |
[03:50] | so she can more easily drive along the road of improvement. | 这样她的”向善之路”就会走得更顺畅 |
[03:54] | I love that. | 这主意不错 |
[03:56] | You really painted a picture there. | 想想就觉得是在做好事 |
[03:57] | G’day. How can I help you? | 你好 有什么可以帮到你们 |
[03:58] | One scratch-off lottery ticket, please. | 买一张刮刮乐彩票 |
[04:02] | Not that one. Keep going. | 不要那张 继续 |
[04:05] | Keep going, keep going. | 继续 继续 |
[04:07] | These tickets were printed before we got down here. | 我们来地球前 这些彩票就印好了 |
[04:09] | I know which ones are the winners. | 我知道哪张会中奖 |
[04:11] | And stop, that’s the one. | 停 就要这张 |
[04:13] | Good old lucky number 186 from the bottom. | 选择186 大奖抱回家 |
[04:16] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[04:17] | Also, that bathroom key that you lost nine months ago slid under the register, | 你九个月前丢失的厕所钥匙就在收银台下面 |
[04:20] | and the woman that you think is your aunt is actually your mom. | 你姑姑其实是你亲妈 |
[04:24] | Okay, bye. | 就酱 拜拜 |
[04:28] | You guys, this is nuts. | 各位 简直了 |
[04:29] | This morning, I found a lottery ticket on the ground outside my apartment, | 我今早在公寓外捡到一张彩票 |
[04:34] | I scratched it off, and I won $18,000! | 刮开一看 中了一万八 |
[04:39] | That’s amazing! | 好棒棒 |
[04:40] | Better luck next time. | 下次再加把劲吧 |
[04:44] | Yes, sorry, from context, | 抱歉 恭喜 看大家的反应 |
[04:45] | I see that is actually a large sum of money. | 这对你们而言应该是一大笔钱 |
[04:57] | Jason? Are you okay there, mate? | 杰森 你没事吧 |
[05:00] | No. | 伐开心 |
[05:01] | I have to watch the Jaguars games alone on my computer | 我只能孤零零一个人在电脑上看美洲虎队的比赛 |
[05:04] | at like, 3:00 in the morning on Mondays. | 而且还是周一凌晨三点 |
[05:06] | It’s so annoying. | 宝宝不开心 |
[05:07] | Everything here is in a– | 这边好像… |
[05:09] | I don’t know how to describe it. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[05:11] | Like, a different zone of time. | 像是处在不同的时区 |
[05:14] | No, that sounds stupid. A different clock land. | 不对 我傻了 应该是不同的”表区” |
[05:18] | I’ll watch the game with you, Jason. | 我陪你一起看 杰森 |
[05:19] | I enjoy American football. I actually dated a player once. | 我喜欢橄榄球 还和球员约会过呢 |
[05:23] | But he wasn’t my type, | 但他不是我的菜 |
[05:25] | so I set him up with my friend, Gisele… Bundchen. | 所以我把他介绍给我姐们”吉娘娘”了 她是个超模 |
[05:28] | Yeah we got it. We always get it. | 我们知道 你不用解释 |
[05:29] | Awesome, | 太棒了 |
[05:30] | but if you want to watch with me, | 但陪我看比赛 |
[05:32] | you have to learn my Jaguars cheer. | 你得学会我的美洲虎队加油口号 |
[05:34] | It goes “Let’s go Jags. Kick their ass, yeah!” | 是这样 “虎虎一出 天下无敌” |
[05:38] | Do you think you could learn that by the weekend? | 你觉得这周能学会吗 |
[05:41] | – I shall do my best. – Nice, see you then. | -我会尽力哒 -好 那到时见 |
[05:46] | Why do you want to watch football with Jason? | 你怎么愿意和杰森一起看橄榄球 |
[05:47] | I don’t, really, | 其实不是真心想看 |
[05:48] | but I am, these days, as you might say in America, mad horny. | 但用你们的话说 我这段时间真是”空虚寂寞冷” |
[05:54] | – Okay. – Boy. | -懂了 -坏了 |
[05:56] | Well, no judgments, babe. He’s a straight hottie. | 我无力反驳 亲爱的 他确实是个小帅哥 |
[05:59] | You want to smash Jason, go smash. | 加油 拿下杰森 |
[06:01] | Tahani getting together with Jason, even casually, | 就算塔哈妮只是随便和杰森滚个床单 |
[06:04] | could tear this group apart. | 也可能会拆散四人组 |
[06:06] | We have to nip this in the bud. | 我们得把这件事扼杀在萌芽中 |
[06:08] | Well, it makes me slightly uneasy to interfere in the personal life of | 我觉得插手别人的事不太好 |
[06:12] | the man that I’m secretly in love with, and a woman I admire, | 尤其一个是我的暗恋对象 一个是我欣赏的女人 |
[06:14] | but if you think we should, I–I’m not going to argue. | 但我尊重你的决定 |
[06:18] | Time to break out the old snowplow again, Janet. | “扫雪机”又该出动了 珍妮特 |
[06:20] | Let’s find Tahani a loving, supportive companion. | 我们去给塔哈妮找一个帅气给力的男伴吧 |
[06:24] | – Great idea. – You know? | -好主意 -这么说吧 |
[06:26] | This is not as crucial to the mission, | 虽然与我们的任务没什么关系 |
[06:28] | but I’d also love to arrange for them to get better computers. | 但我还想给他们升级一下电脑 |
[06:31] | Help them work faster. | 加快学习进度 |
[06:32] | If I’m going to the mall anyway, | 既然要去商场 |
[06:33] | I might as well pick Jason up some jean shorts. | 那我正好趁机给杰森买几条牛仔短裤 |
[06:36] | The kind with the frayed edges | 毛边的那种 |
[06:37] | where you can see the pockets coming out of the bottom. | 裤口袋若隐若现 |
[06:41] | So that he can study better. | 有助于他好好学习 |
[06:44] | Sure. | 有道理 |
[06:49] | Tahani, is that you? | 塔哈妮 是你吗 |
[06:51] | Larry Hemsworth? My goodness. | 拉里·海姆斯沃斯 天呐 |
[06:55] | That’s so funny, | 太神奇了 |
[06:55] | I just got a call from the restaurant about a jacket I left here, | 刚餐厅打给我 说我的外套落在这里了 |
[06:58] | and now, here you are. | 结果居然在这儿碰到了你 |
[07:00] | I can’t believe you remember me. | 而你居然还记得我 |
[07:02] | Of course I remember you. We dated. | 当然啦 我们约会过呀 |
[07:05] | I know, I just never expect anyone to remember me. | 是啊 我就是没想到有人能记住我 |
[07:08] | Because I’m only 6’4″ | 因为我才一米八 |
[07:09] | and I have one of those forgettable faces. | 还长了一张大众脸 |
[07:11] | Well, I’m sure you’re busy. | 你肯定很忙吧 |
[07:13] | Probably don’t want to talk to me. | 大概不想和我闲聊 |
[07:14] | I get it, I wouldn’t either. I’m as dull as a rock. | 我懂 换我也一样 毕竟我呆若石头 |
[07:18] | Even that analogy was boring. | 这是什么破比喻 |
[07:19] | I’m sorry, I’m so dull, and I’m ugly. | 抱歉 我又傻又挫 |
[07:21] | I’m like a rock. Stupid Larry! | 我像块石头 拉里你个大傻子 |
[07:23] | – Stop talking about rocks! – No, no, no, Larry, please. | -别再提石头梗了 -不不不 拉里 先别走 |
[07:26] | It’s lovely to see you. Sit down, let’s catch up. | 见到你真好 坐呀 我们聊聊 |
[07:30] | How are Chris and Liam and Luke? | 你的”海姆斯沃斯三兄弟”还好吗 |
[07:33] | Sorry, no, I won’t mention your brothers again. | 抱歉 我不会再提你哥哥们了 |
[07:36] | As long as you don’t mention my sister. | 但你也不能跟我提我姐 |
[07:42] | Who are you? Do you work here? | 你是谁 这里的员工吗 |
[07:44] | Your name is Montgomery Wycoff. | 你叫蒙哥马利·沃考夫 |
[07:46] | Your ex-wife, Samantha, still loves you, | 你前妻萨曼莎还爱着你 |
[07:48] | but she’s afraid to call. | 但她没勇气打给你 |
[07:49] | You must show her your poetry. Go to her. | 把你写的情诗献给她 快去 |
[07:54] | Go to her! | 快把她找回来 |
[07:59] | – Looks like you had a good night. – I did. | -看来你昨晚很”幸福”啊 -没错 |
[08:01] | You and Jason. Imagine that. | 你和杰森滚床单 画面太美了 |
[08:06] | To be fair, I have. | 我忍不住脑补了一下 |
[08:07] | Actually, I was with an ex-boyfriend. | 其实 我昨天是和前男友在一起 |
[08:10] | I ran into him unexpectedly. | 我们无意中碰到了 |
[08:11] | The reunion was a smash-ing success. | 立马就天雷勾地火了 |
[08:15] | It was a pun, you see. The–we had intercourse. | 你懂我的暗示吧 我们爱爱了 |
[08:18] | – Yeah again, I always get it. – I do feel bad, though. | -我懂 不用解释 -但我挺不好意思的 |
[08:20] | I completely forgot about watching the game with Jason. | 我彻底忘记要陪杰森看球的事了 |
[08:23] | Homies, guess what? | 亲们 你们猜怎么着 |
[08:25] | Yesterday, I got a Facebook invite | 我昨天在脸书上收到了邀请 |
[08:26] | to the Australia chapter of the Jacksonville Jaguars fan club! | 去美洲虎队澳洲粉丝会玩了 |
[08:30] | Yeah I think he’s over it. | 他应该不介意被你放了鸽子 |
[08:31] | Me and two other dudes just watched the Jags annihilate the Texans! | 我和两个小伙伴看了一场美洲虎队血虐德州人队的比赛 |
[08:35] | It was super fun! I’m completely wasted. | 太爽了 我彻底喝大了 |
[08:38] | I got to go barf one last time, | 我得再去吐一会儿 |
[08:39] | and then I’ll be ready to learn philosophy! | 然后就满血复活回来上哲学课 |
[08:42] | Duva! | 嗷呜 |
[08:45] | – Okay, not perfect, but the pros outweigh the cons. – Agreed. | -虽然不完美 但利大于弊 -同意 |
[08:50] | ♪ Happy birthday dear Chidi ♪ | ♪亲爱的奇迪 生日快乐♪ |
[08:54] | You guys, this whole year has been amazing for all of us. | 各位 今年真是过得太有意义了 |
[08:57] | I mean, literally every aspect of our lives has improved. | 我们生活的方方面面都得到了提升 |
[09:00] | Well, I don’t know about every aspect. | 也没有方方面面吧 |
[09:03] | SuperBoard, activate! | “超级板” 启动 |
[09:04] | Good morning, professor Anagonye. | 早上好 阿纳贡耶教授 |
[09:06] | I have your lesson plan ready to go. | 您的教学大纲已经准备好了 |
[09:08] | SuperBoard, some triumphant announcement music, please. | “超级板” 放点喜庆的音乐 |
[09:14] | Last night, Larry Hemsworth proposed to me, | 昨晚 拉里·海姆斯沃斯向我求婚了 |
[09:16] | and we’re moving back to London to begin planning the wedding. | 我们会回伦敦准备婚礼 |
[09:19] | Holy smokes! | 我滴个神啊 |
[09:21] | Janet, red alert. | 珍妮特 红色警报 |
[09:22] | All snowplowing has to stop immediately. | “扫雪”行动立即终止 |
[09:25] | So don’t give Blake Bear-tles to Jason? | 不给杰森小熊熊了吗 |
[09:32] | How are you even lugging this thing around? | 你怎么戴得住这么大颗钻戒 |
[09:34] | I’m not sure I could bench this much weight. | 这么沉 我都不一定hold得住 |
[09:36] | Well, girls in my social class begin ring training at a very young age. | 我们这个阶级的女孩 很小就训练过戴大钻戒了 |
[09:40] | I’m throwing a little engagement party tonight at my AirBnB. | 我今晚会在”爱彼迎出租屋”举办一个小小的订婚派对 |
[09:43] | It’s very last-minute. | 临时通知你们 |
[09:44] | Just come as you are. | 穿便装来就好了 |
[09:49] | I guess all these people came as they were? | 大家的便装都这么隆重吗 |
[09:53] | Hello, everyone. I’m so glad you made it. | 各位 你们能来真是太好了 |
[09:57] | Holy crap, Tahani. You found this place on AirBnB? | 天啦噜 塔哈妮 还有这种出租屋 |
[10:01] | No. I see why you’re confused. | 不是 我当时没解释清楚 |
[10:03] | I used “HeirBnB.” H-E-I-R. | 我用的是高定版 |
[10:06] | It’s an app for heirs and heiresses | 专为有钱人设计 |
[10:08] | where we swap mansions, private islands, blimp hangars, that sort of thing. | 用于交换豪宅 私人岛屿 小型飞机场等 |
[10:13] | Anyway, everyone, | 总之 各位 |
[10:15] | I want you to meet Larry Hemsworth. | 来见见拉里·海姆斯沃斯吧 |
[10:19] | The legendary study group. | 传说中的学习互助组 |
[10:21] | I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to build up the courage to meet you. | 抱歉 我好不容易才鼓足勇气见你们 |
[10:24] | I guess you can see why. | 你们大概知道原因吧 |
[10:27] | Is he ashamed at having a perfect jaw line, and 0% body fat? | 他是因为下颌性感 身材完美而羞于见人吗 |
[10:32] | Still can’t believe she wants to marry me. | 她愿意嫁给我 我现在还觉得是在做梦 |
[10:34] | A dumb old pediatric surgeon who barely has an 8-pack. | 我只是个勉强有八块腹肌的儿科医生而已 |
[10:38] | Do you know what you look like? | 你真是帅不自知啊 |
[10:40] | More importantly, | 还有就是 |
[10:42] | did Miley Cyrus write the song “Wrecking Ball” about Chris’s brother, Liam? | 麦莉那首《伤心大铁球》是写给”雷神”他弟利亚姆的吗 |
[10:46] | Wonderful. | “真好” |
[10:48] | More questions about my talented brothers. | 又一次活在了我优秀哥哥们的阴影下 |
[10:50] | God forbid there’s a single day when I’m the special one. | 为什么就不能让我当一次主角呢 |
[10:53] | No, sweetheart, don’t go. You’re important, too! | 不 亲爱的 别走 你也很重要啊 |
[10:56] | Fixing babies’ spines is just as valuable as acting. | 修复儿童脊柱和表演一样厉害呀 |
[11:00] | Tahani booked a flight for tomorrow morning, | 塔哈妮订了明早的机票 |
[11:01] | so this party is our only chance to talk them out of moving. | 这个派对是我们劝阻他们的唯一机会 |
[11:06] | Maybe we should just let them go their separate ways, and… | 也许可以放任他们去过各自的生活了 |
[11:08] | hope that they learned enough to get into the Good Place. | 但愿他们已经提升到能进入”善地”了 |
[11:10] | No, we know what’ll happen. | 不行 我们俩都知道这样的后果 |
[11:11] | The group splits up, they’re screwed, no. | 四人组散了 他们就完了 不行 |
[11:13] | We have to isolate Larry, | 我们得找机会单独和拉里聊聊 |
[11:15] | and convince him that he needs to stay in Australia. | 说服他留在澳大利亚 |
[11:18] | Time to get into character as– | 该进入角色了 |
[11:21] | Nathaniel Cookswell, mate. | 今天我是内特尼尔·库克斯维尔 |
[11:23] | Caterer to the stars! | 明星宴会承办人 |
[11:26] | Maybe no accent. | 别模仿澳洲口音了 简直辣耳朵 |
[11:30] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[11:32] | Vegemite canapé? | 吃点心吗 |
[11:33] | Might as well. | 好啊 |
[11:35] | Mummy was right. | 老妈说得对 |
[11:36] | I’ll always be the chubby one. | 我总是管不住自己的嘴 |
[11:39] | Good day, mate! | 你好啊 |
[11:40] | Nathaniel Cookswell. | 我是内特尼尔·库克斯维尔 |
[11:42] | Caterer to the stars. | 明星宴会承办人 |
[11:44] | Is it true you’re moving to England? | 你真要搬去英国吗 |
[11:46] | – Yeah I fly out tomorrow. – That’s a long trip. | -对 明早的飞机 -路途遥远啊 |
[11:50] | Boy, you must be a confident man. | 天 你一定很自信 |
[11:52] | Uprooting your life like that. | 搬去一个完全陌生的地方 |
[11:53] | You should stay here in Sydney. | 你该留在悉尼 |
[11:55] | It’s such a dynamic, international city that you’ve only seen 4.8% of. | 这是个鲜活的国际城市 你还没怎么了解呢 |
[12:01] | Probably. | 我随便一说 |
[12:02] | I reckon I know what’s going on here. | 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[12:04] | You aren’t real caterers, are you? | 你们不是宴会承办人吧 |
[12:08] | Who do you work for? | 你们为谁效力 |
[12:09] | “Australian Inquirer”? TM-Zed? | 《澳洲询问报》还是哪家八卦小报 |
[12:12] | You just want us to stay here so you can keep mocking me. | 你们希望我们留下 供你们取笑 |
[12:15] | The hideous shame of the Hemsworth family. | 笑我是海姆斯沃斯家的耻辱 |
[12:17] | Tahani sees through all that. | 塔哈妮看到了我的内在美 |
[12:19] | And I can’t wait until we move far away from the likes of you, | 我迫不及待远离你们这种人了 |
[12:23] | and I can finally take her last name. | 我终于可以”冠妻姓”了 |
[12:27] | Hate to say it, but the group probably needs a new member. | 虽然很难过 但我们大概得吸纳新成员了 |
[12:31] | I don’t know how we’ll ever replace Tahani. | 塔哈妮的作无人能及啊 |
[12:33] | Do you think Margot Robbie is into philosophy? | 你觉得玛格特·罗比[澳洲超模]对哲学感兴趣吗 |
[12:35] | Actually, Tahani’s announcement made us take stock. | 其实 塔哈妮的离开点醒了我们 |
[12:38] | You know, Simone and I need time to analyze the data, apply for grants. | 我和西蒙妮需要花时间分析数据 申请拨款 |
[12:43] | We’ve kind of hit a natural stopping point. | 我们也是时候暂停了 |
[12:45] | Yeah and the next step would be to repeat the experiment with new subjects, | 对 下一步就得选新人重复实验了 |
[12:47] | you know, compare results. | 进行结果比对 |
[12:49] | Wait, what are you saying? | 等下 什么意思 |
[12:50] | That the study’s over? We’re splitting up? | 研究结束了 我们要分开了 |
[12:54] | No, no, no, we’re just taking a break, | 不不不 只是暂停一下 |
[12:56] | for a year or so. | 大概一年左右吧 |
[12:59] | And I’m sure you’re all anxious to get back home. | 你们肯定都很想回家了 |
[13:02] | Yeah I got a lot of stuff to get back to in Phoenix. | 是啊是啊 我可想回凤凰城了 |
[13:06] | Like… | 比如… |
[13:07] | I have a free punch card at my spray tan place. | 我有张免费美黑的卡 |
[13:11] | They’ll do my left side for free, so. | 可以免费美黑左侧身体 所以… |
[13:17] | No, no, no, no, no! | 不不不 坏了 |
[13:18] | The whole group is splintering. | 四人组要散了 |
[13:20] | Okay, new emergency plan. | 新应急计划 |
[13:22] | I’ll deal with Eleanor. | 我去说服埃莉诺 |
[13:24] | I–I know it’s risky, but I don’t think she’ll recognize me. | 确实很冒险 但她应该不记得我了 |
[13:26] | And I’ll deal with Sweet Cheeks– | 那我去说服”小甜蛋” |
[13:27] | I mean, jason’s butt– | 不 是杰森的屁屁 |
[13:28] | I mean, Jason. | 也不是 是杰森 |
[13:37] | – Shrimp? – Always. | -吃大虾吗 -美味挡不住啊 |
[13:40] | So how do you know Miss Al-Jamil? | 你怎么会认识阿贾米尔女士 |
[13:43] | You work with her at the university? | 你是她的大学同事 |
[13:45] | Used to. That study is done-zo. | 之前是 但研究结束了 |
[13:47] | I was finally starting to figure things out, | 我之前好不容易逐渐醒悟了 |
[13:51] | and now, I have to start over from scratch, again. | 现在却又要重新开始 |
[13:56] | Boy, I know how that goes, | 天 我懂你的感受 |
[13:58] | not wanting something to end, | 不希望结束 |
[14:00] | feeling like your little team | 唯有你们的小团队 |
[14:02] | is the last thing standing between you and oblivion, | 才能阻止你沉沦 |
[14:05] | that at any moment, the universe could fold up around you, | 因为宇宙随时可能会对你关上大门 |
[14:09] | and squeeze the last breath from your dying lung. | 把你压成渣渣 |
[14:13] | You’re a caterer, right? | 宴会承办人能说出这么有哲理的话吗 |
[14:15] | It’s a very competitive industry. | 这一行竞争很激烈 |
[14:17] | The point is, I bet that if the study means that much to you, | 重点是 如果这项研究对你很重要 |
[14:21] | it means a lot to everyone else. | 那对其他人也一定意义非凡 |
[14:23] | You’re all just probably waiting for someone to say it out loud. | 可能只是缺一个敢大声说出来的人 |
[14:29] | You want some cocktail sauce with that? | 要蘸点鸡尾酒汁吗 |
[14:33] | I would like to acknowledge the wonderful group of people who brought me here. | 借此机会 我想感谢引我来此的完美团队 |
[14:37] | If I hadn’t decided to get out of the spotlight of | 如果我当初没有离开聚光灯 |
[14:39] | my “Get Out of the Spotlight” tour, | 结束我的”远离聚光灯”巡回演讲 |
[14:41] | and come here, and joined the Brainy Bunch, | 来到这里 加入”机灵鬼组合” |
[14:45] | I never would have reconnected with Larry. | 我就不会再次和拉里相遇 |
[14:48] | So, to celebrate our group, | 为了纪念我们的团队 |
[14:50] | I had my favorite patissier whip this up. | 我让我最爱的蛋糕师做了这块蛋糕 |
[14:55] | Would any of you like to say a few words? | 大家想说两句吗 |
[14:57] | Eleanor! | 埃莉诺 |
[14:59] | Yay, Eleanor. | 来吧 埃莉诺 |
[15:00] | If nobody minds. | 那我就献丑了 |
[15:03] | I would like to address the people on this cake, I suppose. | 我想跟这块蛋糕上的人说两句 |
[15:09] | I get that we all have meaningful lives outside this study. | 我知道除了这项研究 大家的生活都很丰富多彩 |
[15:13] | Well, Tahani and Chidi do. Jason and I are straight trash. | 塔哈妮和奇迪过得很好 我和杰森一塌糊涂 |
[15:18] | But just, I mean, | 但想想看 |
[15:18] | think about how much progress we’ve all made since that picture was taken. | 我们相聚之后 取得了多大的进步 |
[15:23] | I know that what we’re doing is important, | 我们所做的事很重要 |
[15:26] | and I’m not ready to stop. | 我还没准备好离开 |
[15:29] | And I don’t think you guys are, either. | 大家应该也不想分别吧 |
[15:31] | So let’s all stay here and keep it going. | 要不我们都留下 继续一起进步吧 |
[15:36] | What do you say? | 大家意下如何 |
[15:37] | Eleanor, that was absolutely lovely. | 埃莉诺 真是太感人了 |
[15:42] | It really was, and I’m– | 真的 我很… |
[15:44] | I’m so glad that this study meant that much to you. | 我很高兴这项研究对你意义非凡 |
[15:48] | – But, realistically– – That’s cool, I get it. | -但现实点… -没事 我懂了 |
[15:50] | No, you don’t need to say it. I–I got it. | 你不用说了 我懂了 |
[15:52] | – That’s all she wrote, cool. – Are you okay? | -我算是明白了 行吧 -你没事吧 |
[15:54] | – I hope you’re not mad. – No, I’m not mad. | -你别生气啊 -我没生气 |
[15:56] | I’m actually laughing, | 我是在笑呢 |
[15:57] | because this whole study was a hilarious, stupid, pointless joke, | 因为这项研究就是个滑稽愚蠢无聊的玩笑 |
[16:02] | and now it’s over, so let’s hit the road. | 终于结束了 大家各回各家 各找各妈吧 |
[16:04] | I don’t need you guys. You don’t need me. | 我不需要你们 你们也不需要我 |
[16:06] | And since you don’t need me, | 既然你们不需要我 |
[16:07] | I’m just going to take the “me” out of this cake. | 那我就把蛋糕里的”我”先拿走了 |
[16:12] | No, no. | 不 不要 |
[16:13] | Eleanor, please! | 埃莉诺 别这样 |
[16:14] | Sorry, the deed is done. | 不好意思 覆水难收了 |
[16:16] | Pip pip, too late. | 你晚了一步 |
[16:18] | Farewell to you, my liege. | 别了 我的女王 |
[16:19] | And a jolly good Saint Ploopington’s Day to all of you. | 祝大家”圣粑粑节”愉快 |
[16:23] | USA! USA! USA! | 美利坚 美利坚 |
[16:33] | Eleanor? Is that you? | 埃莉诺 是你吗 |
[16:35] | No. | 不是 |
[16:39] | I called a cab like, 20 minutes ago. | 我二十分钟前叫了车 |
[16:41] | It says it’s ten kilometers away, | 大概离这儿还有十千米吧 |
[16:44] | which is I don’t even know how far. | 我也不知道这是多远 |
[16:46] | It’s a little over six miles. | 大概六英里多一点吧 |
[16:48] | Is that why you came out here? | 你是为了这个才叫我吗 |
[16:49] | To scold me about the metric system? | 嘲笑我不懂千米是多远 |
[16:52] | No, I was about to call a cab myself. | 不是 我刚才正打算叫车 |
[16:55] | I have an early class tomorrow. | 我明早有课 |
[16:56] | Then, I saw my friend hiding behind a plant, | 然后看到我的朋友躲在树后 |
[16:58] | and I got concerned. | 于是有点担心 |
[16:59] | Then, my friend lashed out at me again, | 结果我的朋友又朝我发难了 |
[17:01] | so I’m gonna take off, | 所以我还是走吧 |
[17:02] | and leave her here with dirty leaves in her hair. | 就让她头带脏树叶自己在这儿吧 |
[17:05] | Wait, wait, wait-wait-wait. Wait-wait, I’m sorry. | 等等 等等 别走 抱歉 |
[17:07] | I’m sorry. Don’t go. | 对不起 别走 |
[17:13] | You’re a brain scientist. | 你是脑科学家 |
[17:16] | Can you tell me why I did that in there? | 你能告诉我 我刚才为什么大发脾气吗 |
[17:19] | I mostly do clinical research in neuroscience. | 我主攻临床神经科学研究 |
[17:21] | I don’t really specialize in temper tantrums. | 不太擅长分析”小孩脾气” |
[17:23] | Maybe you need a child psychologist. | 你该去问儿科心理学家 |
[17:25] | Or a binky. | 或者给自己买个奶嘴 |
[17:26] | That’s a solid burn. I deserved it, I did. | 真犀利 我活该被嘲 |
[17:29] | But please, can you help me? | 但拜托你帮帮我 |
[17:32] | Why did I do that? | 我为什么要发脾气 |
[17:33] | Okay, here’s my guess. | 我有个猜想 |
[17:35] | As humans evolved, | 人类进化的过程中 |
[17:36] | the first big problem we had to overcome was “me versus us.” | 首先要克服”个人与集体的矛盾” |
[17:39] | Learning to sacrifice a little individual freedom for the benefit of a group. | 学会牺牲小我 成就大我 |
[17:43] | You know, like sharing food and resources | 比如 分享食物和资源 |
[17:45] | so we don’t starve or get eaten by tigers, things like that. | 以免饿死或被老虎吃掉 类似这样 |
[17:48] | Okay, with you so far. | 好 目前还能听懂 |
[17:51] | The next problem to overcome was “us versus them,” | 接下来要克服”不同集体之间的矛盾” |
[17:53] | trying to see other groups different from ours as equals. | 明白不同集体的平等性 |
[17:56] | That one, we’re still struggling with. | 我们现在仍旧没有克服这个矛盾 |
[17:58] | That’s why we have racism and nationalism and– | 因此才会存在种族主义 民粹主义 |
[18:01] | why fans of Stone Cold Steve Austin hate fans of The Rock. | 这也是”冷石”粉[史蒂夫·奥斯汀]和”巨石”粉撕逼的原因 |
[18:04] | No, we hate The Rock because he went Hollywood, | 不 我们讨厌”巨石”是因为他打入了好莱坞 |
[18:07] | and Stone Cold keeps it real, | 而”冷石”一直坚持真我 不做戏子 |
[18:08] | so The Rock’s fans are the real jabronis. | “巨石”粉都是脑残 |
[18:11] | Point made. Keep going. | 懂你意思了 继续说 |
[18:13] | Well, what’s interesting about you is | 有意思的是 |
[18:16] | I don’t think you ever got past the “me versus us” stage. | 你好像还没克服”个人与集体的矛盾” |
[18:19] | I mean, have you ever been part of a group that you really cared about? | 你曾经在乎过哪个集体吗 |
[18:22] | – I was in the Girl Scouts. – Really? | -“女童子军” -是吗 |
[18:25] | Technically, I joined under a fake name | 老实说 我是用化名加入的 |
[18:27] | because I wanted to steal a bunch of cookies. | 因为我当时只想偷饼干吃 |
[18:29] | See, the Brainy Bunch is basically the first group that became part of your self-identity. | 问题是 “机灵鬼组合”是你第一个真正接纳的团体 |
[18:34] | And now that’s breaking up, | 而这个组合就要解散了 |
[18:35] | you’re feeling this new kind of loss, | 你觉得怅然若失 |
[18:37] | and you’re scared of going back to being alone. | 害怕再次孤零零一个人 |
[18:40] | I mean, that’s just my guess. | 这只是我的猜测 |
[18:41] | The other possible medical diagnosis is that you’re just a bit of a dick. | 也有可能 你就是太混蛋了 |
[18:49] | Why don’t you take my cab? | 你坐我的车吧 |
[18:51] | I think me needs to go apologize to us. | 我”个人”大概得去跟”集体”道歉 |
[18:54] | And thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:58] | The point is, I’m not really an “I’m sorry” type girl. | 重点是 我一般不会承认错误 |
[19:02] | I’m more of a “It’s your fault your car got keyed | 我通常会说 “你的车在影院停车场被划了 |
[19:05] | in the movie theatre parking lot | 全怪你自己 |
[19:06] | because you wouldn’t shut up while watching ‘John Wick'” | 谁让你看电影时瞎比比” |
[19:09] | type girl. | 我会推脱责任 |
[19:10] | But I’m sorry that I freaked out. | 抱歉我刚才失控了 |
[19:14] | I’m just really going to miss you guys. | 我就是很不舍得你们 |
[19:16] | – We’re going to miss you, too. – Here’s an idea. | -我们也舍不得你 -我有个主意 |
[19:19] | What if we all agree to a yearly reunion? | 不如我们每年聚一次 |
[19:22] | And then that way, the Brainy Bunch never dies. | 这样 “机灵鬼组合”就不会被遗忘 |
[19:24] | Each summer, we can all stay in one of our respective houses, | 每年夏天 我们可以去其中一人家里 |
[19:28] | mega-yachts, ski chalets, what have you. | 体验豪华游艇 滑雪小屋 怎么都行 |
[19:31] | We should all meet up in Jacksonville. | 我们该在杰克逊维尔聚一聚 |
[19:32] | My house is right on the water. | 我家就在水上 |
[19:34] | It didn’t used to be, but the whole city is a swamp, | 以前不这样 但我们那儿全是沼泽 |
[19:37] | and it’s sinking into the ocean. | 快要沉入大海了 |
[19:38] | Strong pitch, bud. | 厉害啊 哥们 |
[19:40] | Next year in Jacksonville. | 明年去杰克逊维尔 |
[19:42] | Yeah | 好呀 |
[19:43] | we might not want to wait a whole year. | 但也别真一年后才去 |
[19:45] | It’s sinking really fast. | 沉得很快 |
[19:46] | We should have a toast. | 我们该举杯庆祝 |
[19:48] | Okay, I think I’ve figured out a plan where they stay in Australia, | 我有办法让他们留在澳大利亚了 |
[19:52] | and only five random bystanders get hurt. | 只是会伤及几个无辜人 |
[19:55] | It’s called arson. Let’s go. | 纵火计划 走起 |
[19:57] | Michael, no. We can’t keep meddling forever. | 迈克尔 不要 我们不能一直插手 |
[20:00] | It’s time to park the snowplow | “扫雪机”是时候停止作业了 |
[20:02] | and trust that the humans will make progress on their own. | 我们该相信他们能自己提升 |
[20:05] | This isn’t like your afterlife neighborhood, Michael. | 这里不是你在”死后世界”的街区 迈克尔 |
[20:08] | You can’t just reset things | 不能一旦事情不按你的计划走 |
[20:10] | the moment something doesn’t go according to your plan. | 你就重置一切 |
[20:14] | Janet. You’re a genius. | 珍妮特 你太有才了 |
[20:16] | Correct. I know everything. | 那可不 我无所不知 |
[20:18] | You just gave me this crazy idea. | 你刚让我想到一个疯狂的计划 |
[20:20] | It’s so crazy, it just might–fail. | 太疯狂了 很有可能失败 |
[20:22] | It’ll probably fail, but it also might work. | 成败几率五五开吧 |
[20:25] | I open the door to the afterlife. | 我可以穿越到”死后世界” |
[20:27] | You keep a lookout, while I break into the Judge’s chamber, | 你负责望风 我潜入法官办公室 |
[20:30] | and reset the timeline on Earth. | 重置地球的时间线 |
[20:32] | And we do it all over again, but correctly. | 我们重新开始 但这次要做好 |
[20:35] | We won’t wait a year to get them all together again. | 我们不能等一年后再让他们团聚了 |
[20:37] | We’ll get the study going right away. | 得立刻开始研究 |
[20:38] | Do you even know how to reset the timeline on Earth? | 你知道怎么重置地球的时间线吗 |
[20:41] | No, I’m assuming that there’s, you know, | 不知道 但我猜 |
[20:45] | a knob, or–or a button, or you know, maybe you– | 应该有个按钮什么的 也许… |
[20:47] | maybe you unplug it and then plug it right back in. | 也许拔下电源 再重新插上就行了 |
[20:49] | I–I don’t ca- there’s got to be a way. | 这个无所谓啦 肯定有办法 |
[20:51] | – Michael, before you do this – No, no more waiting! | -迈克尔 动手之前 -别说了 不能再等了 |
[20:54] | This is all we have, Janet! | 这是我们最后的机会 珍妮特 |
[20:56] | We have Chidi and Eleanor and Tahani and Jason, | 我们只能靠奇迪 埃莉诺 塔哈妮和杰森了 |
[21:00] | and that is it. | 只能靠他们了 |
[21:02] | If we can’t get them enough afterlife points | 如果他们的良善积分不够 |
[21:04] | to get them into the Good Place, | 死后进不了”善地” |
[21:06] | then there’s no point in us even being here. | 那我们就白冒险来地球了 |
[21:08] | We have to try. | 我们必须得放手一搏 |
[21:09] | Okay. Let’s do this. | 好 那就去做吧 |
[21:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:17] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么玩意 |
[21:19] | Hey guys. | 大家好 |
[21:20] | What are you doing down here? | 你们怎么来了 |