| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | And hour ago I resigned | 一小时前 | 
| [00:05] | As state’s attorney of Cook County. | 我辞去了库克县州检察官职务 | 
| [00:07] | I want to be clear…I have never abused my office. | 我要澄清 我从未滥用职权 | 
| [00:11] | At the same time, I need to atone for my personal failings | 但同时 我要为我个人的过失 | 
| [00:13] | With my wife Alicia and our two children. | 向我的妻子艾丽西娅和两个孩子致歉 | 
| [00:15] | Just wanted to say thank you for the opportunity. | 我只想感谢你给我这个机会 | 
| [00:17] | – It’s a real lifesaver. – No, glad you could come aboard. | -简直救我一命 -哪里 很高兴你加入 | 
| [00:20] | – I’m Cary, the other new associate. – Oh, right. | -我是凯里 另一个新来的律师 -我记得你 | 
| [00:23] | Kalinda Sharma. | 我是凯琳达?夏尔马 | 
| [00:24] | – I’m the in-house. – Oh, the investigator. | -我是自己人 -你就是那个调查员 | 
| [00:27] | – You’re Peter Florrick’s wife. – That’s right. | -你是彼得?福瑞克的夫人 -是的 | 
| [00:28] | She’s a junior associate who doesn’t think | 她只是初级助理 | 
| [00:30] | She’s a junior associate. | 却自视过高 | 
| [00:32] | Her husband was the states attorney. | 他丈夫曾是州检察官 | 
| [00:33] | She lived in Highland Park. | 她过去住在高地公园 | 
| [00:35] | Dad told us he made mistakes. | 爸爸说过他犯了错误 | 
| [00:37] | Yeah, but not that. | 是 但不是这样的错 | 
| [00:38] | Brian thinks there’s a good chance | 布莱恩认为时机不错 | 
| [00:40] | The appellate court’s going to listen to my case. | 高等法院同意重审我的案子了 | 
| [00:42] | If they overturn it, everything goes back to normal. | 如果他们翻案 一切就都会恢复正常了 | 
| [00:45] | Peter, it’s never going back to normal. | 彼得 永远不可能恢复正常了 | 
| [01:01] | Come on, guys, 15 minutes. | 孩子们 快点 还有15分钟 | 
| [01:06] | Grace, come on, you got to eat. | 格雷斯 快点 你得吃早饭 | 
| [01:10] | And soccer tryouts are today. | 今天还要参加足球队选拔赛 | 
| [01:14] | Mom, I hate this school. | 妈 我讨厌这所学校 | 
| [01:15] | Why would I want to play for it? | 我为啥要参加选拔赛 | 
| [01:16] | Grandma’s going to pick you up at the field around five-ish. | 奶奶5点多开车去球场接你 | 
| [01:20] | I can’t find my cleats anyway. | 我找不到球鞋了 | 
| [01:22] | And you’re telling me this now? | 你现在才告诉我 | 
| [01:25] | They’re probably still packed. | 鞋可能还在行李里 | 
| [01:28] | You can at least try and like it here. | 至少你可以试着喜欢这里 | 
| [01:30] | Just try. | 试试吧 | 
| [01:34] | Hello. | 喂 | 
| [01:35] | This is a collect call | 这是对方付费电话 | 
| [01:36] | From Tamms correctional institution from Peter Florrick | 来自汤玛斯惩教中心的彼得?福瑞克 | 
| [01:39] | To decline this call press one. | 拒绝接听请按1 | 
| [01:40] | To accept this call press two. | 接听请按2 | 
| [01:46] | Hey, Peter. | 彼得 | 
| [01:48] | Hi. Is this a good time? | 没打扰到你吧 | 
| [01:49] | Sure. Are you all right? | 没有 你还好吗 | 
| [01:51] | Hanging in there. | 马马虎虎了 | 
| [01:54] | The kids there? Can I talk to them? | 孩子们在吗 我能跟他们说话吗 | 
| [01:56] | Actually Zach is in the shower | 实际上扎克正在洗漱 | 
| [01:57] | And Grace just sat down to breakfast. | 格雷斯刚刚坐下来吃早点 | 
| [02:02] | I tried to call earlier. | 我本来想早点打的 | 
| [02:04] | It’s been a long line. | 但是队伍排得太长了 | 
| [02:06] | So… | 那么… | 
| [02:13] | I guess we used to be more comfortable | 我们过去好像更能适应 | 
| [02:15] | With each other’s silences, huh? | 彼此的沉默啊 是吧 | 
| [02:19] | I’m sorry, it’s just we’re really running late. | 真对不起 只是我们真的快迟到了 | 
| [02:25] | I’ll let you go. | 那就不打扰你们了 | 
| [02:27] | Tell them I called, okay? | 告诉孩子们我打过电话 好吗 | 
| [02:29] | Okay, I will. Bye. | 好的 我会的 再见 | 
| [02:32] | Bye. | 再见 | 
| [02:34] | Found ’em. | 球鞋找到了 | 
| [02:48] | We shouldn’t have had to move. | 我们不该非要搬家的 | 
| [03:00] | The first year associate’s primary job | 律师第一年的主要工作 | 
| [03:02] | Is to clock billable hours. | 就是完成指定工作时数 | 
| [03:04] | And with most of those numbers down | 但是从你们各部门 | 
| [03:06] | In each of your departments, | 上报的这些数据来看 | 
| [03:08] | Clearly some of you aren’t doing yours. | 明显有些人没有完成自己的指标 | 
| [03:10] | Now, that’s not to say that you’re all underperforming. | 现在 并不是说你们全部业绩低下 | 
| [03:12] | One of our newest associates clocked | 我们有一位新律师 | 
| [03:15] | 225 hours last month alone. | 上个月独自完成了225小时的工作指标 | 
| [03:18] | But most of you can do better. | 不过你们中的大多数完全能干得更好 | 
| [03:21] | So while this meeting isn’t about naming names, | 这次并不是什么点名批斗大会 | 
| [03:23] | It is about asking you to step up. | 只是要求你们提高效率 | 
| [03:24] | And if you can’t do that, | 如果做不到的话 | 
| [03:26] | At least sign a few new clients. | 起码也要多签几个新客户 | 
| [03:29] | Pardon the interruption, | 抱歉打扰一下 | 
| [03:30] | But someone’s here to see Mrs. Florrick. | 有人要见福瑞克女士 | 
| [03:32] | I believe it’s her son. | 我想是她的儿子 | 
| [03:34] | I’m so sorry. Please excuse me. | 非常抱歉 请原谅 | 
| [03:45] | Kenny? | 肯尼 | 
| [03:49] | Kenny, is that…is that you? | 肯尼 是你吗 | 
| [03:52] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克女士 | 
| [03:53] | It’s been awhile, huh? | 很久不见了啊 | 
| [03:57] | You’re… | 你 | 
| [03:57] | Grown. | 长大了 | 
| [03:59] | Are you parents with you? | 你爸妈也来了吗 | 
| [04:00] | What are you…what are you doing here? | 你…你来这里干什么 | 
| [04:02] | I think I need a lawyer. | 我需要个律师 | 
| [04:05] | Last night, | 昨晚 | 
| [04:06] | Me and this guy Brian | 我和布莱恩 | 
| [04:07] | We went to my buddy’s house to get, uh… | 去我朋友的家里拿… | 
| [04:10] | We were just looking to party, you know. | 我们只是想去派对的 | 
| [04:12] | To get what? | 去拿什么 | 
| [04:14] | Some dank. Weed or whatever. | 拿点大麻 大烟之类的 | 
| [04:17] | Anyway, right after we got there, | 总之 我们刚刚到那儿 | 
| [04:20] | This security guard rolls up and, um… | 保安就冲出来了 | 
| [04:22] | And? | 然后呢 | 
| [04:24] | I kind of freaked. | 我有点吓着了 | 
| [04:25] | So I ran. | 所以就跑了 | 
| [04:27] | This morning when I went by brian’s house, | 今早我路过布莱恩家的时候 | 
| [04:29] | There were cops there. | 看见有些警察在那儿 | 
| [04:32] | – I heard he got arrested. – What are you doing? | -听说他被逮捕了 -你干什么 | 
| [04:34] | What is this? | 这是什么 | 
| [04:35] | I figure they’re after me next. | 我想他们下一步就要抓我 | 
| [04:42] | I’m not sure I understand what happened, | 我不确定我明白发生了什么事 | 
| [04:44] | But if you were buying pot… | 可如果你们是在买大麻… | 
| [04:46] | We weren’t. | 我们没有 | 
| [04:47] | Spencer was giving it to us. | 当时是斯宾塞给我们的 | 
| [04:49] | The bottom line is, if you broke the law | 根本问题是 如果你触犯了法律 | 
| [04:51] | You need to go to the police. | 你就得向警方自首 | 
| [04:52] | Yeah, but… I’d still need a lawyer, right? | 我知道 可我还是需要个律师 对吗 | 
| [04:59] | Don’t move. | 别走开 | 
| [05:00] | And get rid of that. | 把这个处理掉 | 
| [05:06] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 | 
| [05:08] | Your kid’s older than I thought. | 你儿子比我想得要大 | 
| [05:10] | Oh, he’s not mine. | 那不是我儿子 | 
| [05:11] | Listen, can I ask you a favor? | 能帮我个忙吗 | 
| [05:12] | Will you find out | 帮我查一下 | 
| [05:13] | If there was any police activity | 昨晚有没有警方在高地公园一带 | 
| [05:15] | In Highland Park last night? | 采取行动 | 
| [05:16] | And see if Kenny Chatham is a person of interest | 看看肯尼·查塔姆是否被列为嫌疑人 | 
| [05:18] | Or if there are any warrants out on him. | 或者有没有发出对他的搜捕令 | 
| [05:20] | – For? – Pot, possession, possibly buying. | -原因是… -私藏大麻 或者是购买 | 
| [05:24] | So if he’s not a relative, | 如果他不是你的亲戚 | 
| [05:26] | Who is he? | 那他是谁 | 
| [05:27] | I knew his mom. | 我认识她妈妈 | 
| [05:35] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 能跟你谈谈吗 | 
| [05:39] | Everything okay with your son? | 你儿子没事吧 | 
| [05:40] | Actually, it wasn’t Zach. | 其实不是扎克 | 
| [05:42] | He’s a family friend who got into some trouble. | 他是朋友的孩子 现在有了点麻烦 | 
| [05:44] | Legal trouble, | 是涉及法律的麻烦 | 
| [05:45] | Or “my parents don’t understand me” trouble? | 还是”我父母不理解我”这样的麻烦 | 
| [05:47] | I’m not quite sure yet. | 我也还不太确定 | 
| [05:49] | I was hoping if I could drive him home. | 我想我是不是可以送他回家 | 
| [05:54] | I know. I will make up the time. | 我懂 我会加班的 | 
| [05:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:04] | So did you not go to school today because of this? | 你就因为这个 今天连学都不上了吗 | 
| [06:07] | I haven’t been going. | 我已经很久没有去了 | 
| [06:09] | Probably do the GED thing later. | 可能以后再考虑上学吧 | 
| [06:11] | What, you mean you dropped out? | 什么 你是说你辍学了 | 
| [06:13] | About six months ago. | 半年前的事了 | 
| [06:15] | You guys had already moved by then. | 当时你们一家已经搬走了 | 
| [06:19] | I remember you being way cooler than this. | 我印象中的你会比现在的态度要酷得多 | 
| [06:21] | Oh, I’m sorry to disappoint you. | 抱歉让你失望了 | 
| [06:23] | And I don’t get why you can’t help me | 而且我不懂你为啥非得让他们知道 | 
| [06:25] | Without getting them involved. | 才肯帮我 | 
| [06:27] | It’s out of respect, Kenny. | 是出于尊重 肯尼 | 
| [06:28] | You still live with them. | 你仍然和他们一起生活 | 
| [06:29] | You and I owe them that much. | 我们欠他们的太多了 | 
| [06:31] | You don’t owe them anything. | 你不欠他们任何东西 | 
| [06:32] | They blew you off. | 当初是他们不理你的 | 
| [06:34] | That’s who they are. | 他们就是那样的人 | 
| [06:41] | All right, you ready to do this? | 好了 准备好了吗 | 
| [06:44] | I was kind of hoping you’d go in first. | 我倒是有点希望你能先进去 | 
| [06:50] | You’re lucky I remember what a cute kid you were. | 你该庆幸我记得你以前是个多可爱的孩子 | 
| [07:03] | Mom. | 妈妈 | 
| [07:06] | Mom, mom. | 妈妈 妈妈 | 
| [07:07] | Kenny honey, mommy’s busy. | 肯尼宝贝 妈妈现在很忙 | 
| [07:09] | I’m just saying, | 我只想说 | 
| [07:11] | Somebody else has to start hosting these things. | 得有其他人来操办这些事了 | 
| [07:13] | Oh, please, you love doing this. | 拜托 你可是很喜欢做个的 | 
| [07:15] | Maybe. But I couldn’t do it without you. | 可能 但没有你 我做不了 | 
| [07:26] | Hi, Lauren. | 你好 劳伦 | 
| [07:30] | What are you… | 你这是… | 
| [07:31] | What are you doing? | 你怎么来了 | 
| [07:33] | You look… Great. | 你看上去…真不错 | 
| [07:37] | You know, I’ve been meaning to call… | 知道吗 我一直想打给你… | 
| [07:38] | I’m sorry to just show up like this, | 很抱歉这么唐突地出现在这里 | 
| [07:40] | But I need to talk to you about Kenny. | 不过我得跟你谈谈肯尼的事 | 
| [07:44] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 | 
| [07:46] | My car. | 在我车上 | 
| [07:48] | Asked me to smooth the waters. | 他请求我帮他脱离困境 | 
| [07:50] | You didn’t have to drive all the way out here. | 其实你不用开这么远送他回来 | 
| [07:53] | You could’ve called. | 你可以打电话的 | 
| [07:55] | I could’ve. | 没错 | 
| [07:58] | But a boy I saw grow up asked for my help. | 不过一个我看着长大的孩子向我求助 | 
| [08:01] | And his mother used to be a friend. | 而且他的妈妈曾是我的朋友 | 
| [08:05] | You need to come outside. | 你得出来一下 | 
| [08:10] | Hello? | 喂 | 
| [08:11] | He is wanted by the police. | 他的确正被警方通缉 | 
| [08:13] | What? Who? | 什么 谁 | 
| [08:15] | Kenny. But not for buying pot. | 肯尼 不过不是因为购买大麻 | 
| [08:17] | Oh, my god! | 我的天哪 | 
| [08:18] | Where are you taking him? | 你们要他带去哪里 | 
| [08:19] | Ow! You’re hurting me! | 你们弄疼我了 | 
| [08:21] | What’s he being charged with? | 你们以什么罪名逮捕他 | 
| [08:22] | Who the hell are you? | 你是哪根葱 | 
| [08:23] | His attorney. | 他的律师 | 
| [08:25] | Felony murder. | 重罪谋杀[犯有另一重罪时的凶杀行为] | 
| [08:46] | Are they saying Kenny did this? | 他们说这些是肯尼干的 | 
| [08:48] | Yeap. Along with Brian Keller. | 没错 和布莱恩·凯勒合谋 | 
| [08:50] | The police allege that these two broke | 警方指控他们两人 | 
| [08:52] | Into a guest apartment | 非法闯入了兰肯加的 | 
| [08:53] | – Owned by the Rankin family. – They broke in? | -一所住客公寓 -他们非法闯入了 | 
| [08:55] | Nothing was reported stolen, | 没有物品被盗 | 
| [08:57] | But the police have Kenny And Brian’s fingerprints | 但警方在一扇被强行撬开的窗户上 | 
| [08:59] | On a window that was jammed open. | 发现了肯尼和布莱恩的指纹 | 
| [09:01] | Kenny said he was at a friend’s. | 肯尼说当时他在一个朋友家 | 
| [09:03] | Yeah, that would be the Rankin’s 17-year-old son, Spencer. | 没错 就是兰肯17岁的儿子 斯宾塞 | 
| [09:06] | He lives above the garage, | 他的房间在车库楼上 | 
| [09:07] | But obviously wasn’t home at the time. | 但很明显他当时并不在家 | 
| [09:10] | And because the guard | 由于公寓保安 | 
| [09:11] | Was killed in the commission of an alleged burglary, | 在这起被控为盗窃的案件中丧生 | 
| [09:13] | It’s felony murder. | 所以就成了重罪谋杀 | 
| [09:15] | Yep. The police theorize | 没错 警方推断 | 
| [09:17] | That the boys encountered a security guard as they were leaving, | 这两名男孩在离开的时候撞上了保安 | 
| [09:19] | Struggled with him, | 于是起了冲突 | 
| [09:21] | Then shoved him down the stairs, | 他们把他推下了楼梯 | 
| [09:22] | Where he hit his head on concrete. | 他的头部撞到了水泥 | 
| [09:24] | He died at approximately 11:20 p.m. | 根据法医鉴定 | 
| [09:27] | According to the medical examiner. | 死于晚上11:20左右 | 
| [09:29] | Kenny isn’t capable of doing this. | 肯尼没这个本事 | 
| [09:31] | – Well, how well do you know him? – Very. | -你对他有多了解 -非常了解 | 
| [09:33] | His mother was my first friend in Highland Park. | 他妈妈是我在高地公园的第一个朋友 | 
| [09:34] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 | 
| [09:37] | Well, and the first person to stop talking to me. | 也是第一个不跟我说话的人 | 
| [09:46] | You getting me out? | 你是来把我弄出去的吗 | 
| [09:48] | Not yet. | 还不行 | 
| [09:49] | I just came by to see how you’re doing. | 我只是顺路来看看你怎么样 | 
| [09:51] | I didn’t know anybody died, | 我不知道有人死了 | 
| [09:53] | I don’t know how anybody could have. | 我不知道怎么会有人死 | 
| [09:54] | We probably shouldn’t talk in here. | 也许我们不该在这里谈 | 
| [09:56] | Like, I told you, I ran home. | 就像我告诉你的那样 我跑回了家 | 
| [09:58] | I yelled up at Brian to get out, | 我冲着布莱恩大喊 让他出来 | 
| [09:59] | But he couldn’t hear me, he was still inside. | 但是他听不见 他还在里面 | 
| [10:01] | – The police are saying… – I never even saw the guard, | -警察说 -我甚至都没看见警卫 | 
| [10:04] | Just his car! | 只看见了他的车 | 
| [10:05] | Then why did you lie to me, Kenny? | 那你为什么对我撒谎 肯尼 | 
| [10:08] | Why didn’t you tell me you broke in? | 为什么不告诉我你闯进去了 | 
| [10:10] | Because we didn’t. | 因为我们没有 | 
| [10:14] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [10:15] | Look, there’ll-there’ll be a bail hearing, | 听着 稍后会有个保释听证会 | 
| [10:19] | And a judge will decide | 法官会决定 | 
| [10:20] | If you can be released pending trial. | 你能否获得保释 | 
| [10:22] | Talk to Spencer. | 和斯宾塞谈谈 | 
| [10:23] | He’s my friend. | 他是我的朋友 | 
| [10:24] | He knew we were coming. | 他知道我们会来 | 
| [10:26] | He said to take whatever we needed, | 他说我们需要什么就拿什么 | 
| [10:27] | He even told us where the spare key was– | 他甚至告诉了我们备用钥匙在哪 | 
| [10:29] | We just… we couldn’t find it so we pushed a window open. | 只是我们没找到 所以才推开了一扇窗户 | 
| [10:32] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克太太 | 
| [10:33] | I swear… I ran Home when I saw the guard’s car. | 我发誓 当我看到警卫的车 就跑回家了 | 
| [10:38] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [10:40] | Not the strongest case. | 不是最好的案子 | 
| [10:42] | But she’s signing a client. | 不过她签到了一个客户 | 
| [10:44] | And if his parents live in highland park, | 如果他的父母住在高地花园 | 
| [10:46] | – Payment won’t be an issue. – I don’t know. | -律师费将不是问题 -我不知道 | 
| [10:48] | When the connections are personal, it can get tricky. | 如果涉及个人关系 那就会变的很复杂 | 
| [10:51] | Blurring the line between friendship | 友情和工作的界限 | 
| [10:53] | And business usually is. | 常常会比较模糊 | 
| [10:54] | Um, actually, | 事实上 | 
| [10:56] | I don’t have a relationship with his parents anymore, | 我和他的父母已经没有关系了 | 
| [10:57] | Which is why I would prefer someone else | 所以我更希望由别人 | 
| [11:01] | – Be the attorney of record. – I don’t understand. | -作为出庭律师 -我不明白 | 
| [11:02] | If you’re no longer friends, why do this at all? | 如果你们不再是朋友了 那为何要做这些呢 | 
| [11:04] | Because my relationship with his parents | 这是因为我跟他父母的关系 | 
| [11:07] | Has nothing to do with how I feel about their son. | 与我对他们儿子的感觉无关 | 
| [11:09] | I used to baby-sit him. | 我曾经是他的保姆 | 
| [11:10] | I’ll do all the briefs, all the legwork. | 我要给他换尿布 做各种琐事 | 
| [11:14] | I would just feel more comfortable | 如果别人接这个案子 | 
| [11:15] | If someone else tried the case. | 我心里会好受些 | 
| [11:16] | So, you sign your first client, | 所以你签下了自己的第一个客户 | 
| [11:18] | But you want a second associate | 却希望只作为列座律师 | 
| [11:19] | To be the face of the case. | 来参与这个案子 | 
| [11:22] | Give herself a bridge. I get that. | 给她自己找个台阶下 我明白了 | 
| [11:34] | Richard, | 理查德 | 
| [11:35] | You want to explain to me why the attorney | 你要不要解释下为什么 | 
| [11:36] | I hired for my son just got turned away? | 我给我儿子雇的律师被打发走了 | 
| [11:39] | Didn’t Lauren tell you? | 劳伦没告诉你吗 | 
| [11:41] | – I was there… – Terry Streiger. | -我当时.. -我是特里·斯特里格 | 
| [11:43] | And excuse me for saying so, Mrs. Florrick, | 很抱歉我这么说 福瑞克律师 | 
| [11:45] | But I think you’re in over your head. | 我认为你有点自不量力 | 
| [11:47] | Terry’s been a defense attorney | 特里作为辩护律师 | 
| [11:49] | For more than 20 years. | 已经20多年了 | 
| [11:50] | He’s a top-rated ABA member, | 他是美国律师协会高排名会员 | 
| [11:53] | He’s well-known and well-respected. | 他很有知名度并且广受尊重 | 
| [11:55] | So, thank you for your time, but we’ll take it from here. | 谢谢你的努力 但接下来将由我们接管 | 
| [11:58] | Okay? | 好吗 | 
| [11:59] | Your son asked me to represent him. | 你儿子要求我做他的代理律师 | 
| [12:01] | Without our consent? | 不经过我们认可吗 | 
| [12:03] | He doesn’t need your consent, he’s 18. | 他不需要你的认可 他已经18岁了 | 
| [12:05] | And how do you think he’s going to pay for it? | 那你觉得他要拿什么付律师费 | 
| [12:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [12:08] | We’ll work something out. | 我们会想办法的 | 
| [12:09] | And although I might not be as seasoned as Mr. Streiger is, | 也许我不如斯特里格先生经验丰富 | 
| [12:11] | I can guarantee you | 但我可以向你保证 | 
| [12:12] | I care a lot more about your son than he does. | 我比他更关心你的儿子 | 
| [12:16] | Kenny will get the best defense. | 肯尼会得到最好的辩护 | 
| [12:24] | …With my buddies and I’m bombed. | 和我的朋友 我无家可归了 | 
| [12:26] | And my ex-girlfriend, I hadn’t seen her… | 我的前女友 我没见到她… | 
| [12:29] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 | 
| [12:30] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 | 
| [12:31] | Diane said you needed a first chair. | 戴安说你需要个首席律师 | 
| [12:40] | Kenny, this is my associate, Cary Agos. | 肯尼 这是我的合作律师 凯里·艾格斯 | 
| [12:43] | He’s one of the best attorneys with the firm. | 他是我们公司最好的律师之一 | 
| [12:47] | He’ll be helping me with your defense. | 他会帮你做辩护的 | 
| [12:49] | Good to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 | 
| [12:50] | This should be pretty simple. | 应该会很简单 | 
| [12:51] | We get you out on bail and get you home. | 我们把你保释出来 然后带你回家 | 
| [12:53] | Court is now in session. | 法庭现在开庭 | 
| [12:55] | The honorable Earl Hovick presiding. | 艾尔·豪维克法官到庭 | 
| [12:57] | Ms. Raines. Your honor, | 雷恩斯律师 法官大人 | 
| [12:58] | Due to the seriousness of the charges, | 鉴于指控的严肃性 | 
| [13:00] | The state opposes bail at this time. | 州政府反对保释 | 
| [13:02] | We believe the defendant | 我们有理由相信被告 | 
| [13:04] | Not only poses a flight risk but a danger to the community. | 不仅有潜逃风险 而且已对社会构成威胁 | 
| [13:07] | Excuse me, your honor, but based on what? | 抱歉 法官大人 有什么依据 | 
| [13:10] | Mr. Chatham has no criminal history, | 查塔姆先生没有犯罪前科 | 
| [13:11] | Close ties to the community, | 和社会紧密相联 | 
| [13:13] | In fact, his parents are seated in the gallery here | 事实上 他的父母就坐在庭上 | 
| [13:15] | To assure the court that their son will appear for trial. | 以向法庭确保他们的儿子将出席庭审 | 
| [13:19] | Begging your pardon, your honor, | 请原谅 法官大人 | 
| [13:19] | But the state has secured a cooperating witness, | 州政府发现了一个污点证人 | 
| [13:22] | Co-defendant Brian Keller. | 共同被告布莱恩·凯勒 | 
| [13:24] | Who not only places Mr. Chatham at the crime scene | 不仅证明查塔姆先生在犯罪现场 | 
| [13:27] | But identifies him as the attacker. | 而且指认他为攻击者 | 
| [13:30] | Then bail is denied. | 拒绝保释 | 
| [13:31] | Defendant is remanded to custody. | 被告将继续被关押 | 
| [13:33] | Next case. | 下一个案子 | 
| [13:36] | You told me it was gonna be simple. | 你说这会很简单的 | 
| [13:37] | Your friend Brian must’ve cut a deal With the state’s attorney. | 你的朋友布莱恩肯定跟州律师达成了协议 | 
| [13:40] | The first one who does is usually the first one out. | 果然是先下手为强啊 | 
| [13:43] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [13:59] | I need to talk to you guys about something. | 有件事我得跟你们谈谈 | 
| [14:01] | That sounds serious. | 很严肃的样子 | 
| [14:03] | It is, actually. | 确实很严肃 | 
| [14:05] | Is it about dad? | 是关于老爸吗 | 
| [14:06] | Oh, no, no, no, no, he’s fine. | 不不 他没事 | 
| [14:08] | I just would rather you hear this from me. | 我只是希望由我来告诉你们这件事 | 
| [14:13] | Kenny Chatham got arrested. | 肯尼·查塔姆被捕了 | 
| [14:14] | For murder, right? | 谋杀罪 对吗 | 
| [14:15] | Yeah, and you’re like one of his lawyers. | 而且你还是他的律师之一 | 
| [14:17] | That’s what Janna told me. | 乔安娜是这么跟我说的 | 
| [14:19] | Yeah, Shane IM’d me about it. | 谢恩在网上聊天时告诉我的 | 
| [14:20] | Everyone’s totally freaked. | 大家都吓坏了 | 
| [14:22] | Uh, well, are there any questions you’d like to ask me? | 好吧 那你们有什么要问我的吗 | 
| [14:25] | Or do you want to talk about any of it at all? | 或者你们有什么想说的吗 | 
| [14:27] | Not really. | 不是很想 | 
| [14:28] | Been hearing about it all night as it is. | 整晚听到的都是这事 | 
| [14:30] | Yeah, it’s really all anybody back there is taking about. | 是啊 那边的每个人谈论的都是这件事 | 
| [14:33] | I’m sure. | 那是当然 | 
| [14:35] | And it must be pretty upsetting to you guys, too. | 你们肯定也很惊讶吧 | 
| [14:37] | Mom, we only ever saw kenny ’cause he was your friend’s son. | 妈 我们认识肯尼只因为他是你朋友的儿子 | 
| [14:41] | We have our own friends back in Highland Park. | 在高地公园 我们有自己的朋友 | 
| [14:43] | At least on Facebook. | 起码在交友网站上有 | 
| [14:44] | Since we’re not allowed to go back. | 既然我们不能回去了 | 
| [14:48] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 | 
| [14:54] | I’m done. Can I be excused? | 吃饱了 可以走了吗 | 
| [14:57] | – I guess. – Me, too. | -好吧 -我也是 | 
| [15:00] | By the way, I didn’t make the soccer team. | 还有 足球队没要我 | 
| [15:19] | You’re here early. | 来的真早啊 | 
| [15:21] | Ah, but not the first. | 还不是最早的 | 
| [15:25] | That’s what happens when you’re single and childless. | 单身又没小孩就是这样 | 
| [15:28] | I was going to leave you a note. | 我正想给你留个纸条呢 | 
| [15:30] | I wanted to see how things were going with him as first chair. | 我想知道他做首席律师 案子进展如何 | 
| [15:33] | Well, he’s certainly confident. | 他很自信 | 
| [15:36] | Look, this is your case. | 这是你的案子 | 
| [15:37] | Diane assumed, rightly so, | 戴安推测 很正当的推测 | 
| [15:39] | That you were just looking for a front man | 你只是想找个人 | 
| [15:40] | To provide a little cushion | 作为挡箭牌 | 
| [15:41] | – Since you’re dealing with friends. – Former. | -因为案子关系到朋友 -前任朋友 | 
| [15:43] | – Sounds complicated. – It is. | -听起来很复杂啊 -没错 | 
| [15:46] | Legally or emotionally? | 法律关系还是情感关系 | 
| [15:49] | Both. | 都有 | 
| [15:50] | We didn’t get bail because Brian | 因为布莱恩和州律师达成了协议 | 
| [15:52] | Cut a deal with the S.A. | 我们没能获得保释 | 
| [15:53] | He got immunity on felony murder | 他被免除了重罪谋杀的指控 | 
| [15:54] | By taking a lesser charge of burglary, | 只用面临较小的盗窃罪指控 | 
| [15:57] | And agreeing to testify against Kenny. | 还同意指证肯尼 | 
| [15:59] | So what we need to do is… | 所以我们要做的就是 | 
| [16:01] | Establish there was no burglary. | 证明不存在盗窃 | 
| [16:03] | So, I’ll dig up what I can on this Brian character. | 我会尽量把布莱恩的性格挖掘透彻 | 
| [16:06] | Yeah, and we’ll question Spencer Rankin, | 没错 我们还要询问斯宾塞·兰肯 | 
| [16:07] | Hopefully get him to agree to testify for the defense, right? | 希望他同意作为辩方证人出庭作证 对吧 | 
| [16:10] | Right. | 没错 | 
| [16:12] | These kids go to a fancy campus. | 这些孩子简直是在梦幻夏令营上学 | 
| [16:13] | Mom, I don’t like it. | 妈 我不喜欢这里 | 
| [16:15] | Grace, this is the best school in the county. | 格雷斯 这是全省最好的学校 | 
| [16:17] | You just give it some time. | 只要多花点时间 | 
| [16:19] | I think you’re gonna love it here. | 我想你会喜欢上这里的 | 
| [16:22] | Reminds me of my old high school. | 让我想起我以前的高中 | 
| [16:23] | Reminds me of the schools I used to vandalize. | 让我想起我经常搞破坏的那个学校 | 
| [16:33] | Spencer? | 斯宾塞吗 | 
| [16:35] | My name is Mrs. Florrick. | 我是福瑞克太太 | 
| [16:37] | We’d like to talk to you about what happened at your apartment. | 我们想谈谈在你公寓发生的事 | 
| [16:40] | You guys are cops? | 你们是警察吗 | 
| [16:41] | No, we’re just trying to help your friends. | 不是 我们只是想帮你的朋友 | 
| [16:48] | Hey, hey, hey, don’t let mom make you nervous. | 等等 别被她吓到了 | 
| [16:50] | What’s up, man? I’m Cary. How you doing? | 怎么了 伙计 我是凯里 还好吗 | 
| [16:52] | Look, that’s a pretty sweet situation | 你家车库上面的房间 | 
| [16:53] | You got by your folks’ garage, dude. | 环境挺不错啊 哥们 | 
| [16:55] | That’s kind of like having your own place, huh? | 算是有了自己的地盘吧 对不 | 
| [16:56] | I don’t know anything about what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 | 
| [16:58] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, no, it’s cool. | 好的好的 没事的 | 
| [17:00] | I get it, I guess, I don’t I guess I’m just envious. | 我明白 我想我就是有点嫉妒 | 
| [17:01] | ‘Cause I keep thinking about what I would’ve done | 因为我一直在想 要是我以前有那么个地方 | 
| [17:03] | If I’d had a place like that. | 我会做些什么 | 
| [17:04] | You know, hell, what I would do now if I had a place like that. | 要是我以前有那么个地方 我现在会做什么 | 
| [17:06] | I mean, I’m sure | 我是说 你和肯尼 | 
| [17:07] | You and Kenny had some seriously sick times up there, right? | 肯定在那里玩得很爽吧 | 
| [17:09] | I guess. Yeah. | 是吧 是的 | 
| [17:11] | They’re not gonna happen anymore though, | 但再也没机会了 | 
| [17:13] | Are they? You know why? | 对吗 知道原因吗 | 
| [17:14] | Because the cops are saying Kenny broke into your place. | 因为警方说 肯尼是闯进你家的 | 
| [17:16] | And you know why they’re saying that? | 知道他们为什么这样说吗 | 
| [17:18] | Because they don’t get how good of a friend you are to him. | 因为他们不知道你们是多么好的朋友 | 
| [17:20] | They don’t get what you and he share. | 不知道你们友情有多深 | 
| [17:21] | They don’t get you told him | 他们不知道那晚你告诉他 | 
| [17:23] | It was okay to help himself to your weed that night. | 他可以随意到你那里去享用你的大麻 | 
| [17:26] | Yeah, and because of that | 就因为这些 | 
| [17:28] | The Ken-ster’s facing life in prison. | 肯尼将面临无期徒刑 | 
| [17:33] | So, what do you need me to do? | 你们要我怎么做 | 
| [17:39] | We tell the S.A. we got a witness corroborating permission | 告诉州律师 我们有证人证明他没有闯入 | 
| [17:42] | And we cut Kenny’s jail time by 10 years. | 我们把肯尼的刑期减少了10年 | 
| [17:44] | He shouldn’t have to do any jail time. | 他根本就不该坐牢 | 
| [17:45] | Without the burglary charge, he can’t be held accountable | 要是没有盗窃罪 他就不用 | 
| [17:48] | For what happened after he left a crime scene. | 对他离开犯罪现场后的事负责 | 
| [17:49] | You’re assuming a jury won’t believe Brian’s version more. | 你是假设陪审团不会相信布莱恩的故事 | 
| [17:52] | Kenny has no alibi. | 肯尼没有不在场证明 | 
| [17:53] | His parents were asleep when he got home. | 他到家的时候他父母已经睡着了 | 
| [17:54] | Okay, so this Brian, he’s got a temper. | 所以这个布莱恩可能靠不住 | 
| [17:57] | Then we need to find a witness | 那我们就需要找一个目击证人 | 
| [17:59] | Who can place him at or near his home. | 证明案发时他在家里或在家附近 | 
| [18:00] | And if there aren’t any? It’s too risky. | 要是没有这个人呢 这太冒险了 | 
| [18:02] | Guidance counselor says | 辅导老师说 | 
| [18:03] | He’s been suspended twice for fighting. | 他由于打架已经两次被停课了 | 
| [18:05] | Kenny, however, was always seen as a sweet kid | 不过 肯尼以前一直被认为是乖小孩 | 
| [18:07] | Till he started hanging out with Brian, that’s it. | 直到他开始跟布莱恩混在一起 就是这样 | 
| [18:09] | Pretty toxic friendship. | 毒性至深的友谊 | 
| [18:11] | Don’t you think we should at least | 你们不认为我们至少 | 
| [18:12] | Investigate the situation? | 应该调查一下这个情况吗 | 
| [18:14] | Timeline’s too mushy for reasonable doubt. | 时间线太模糊了 很难进行合理怀疑 | 
| [18:17] | If we go to court and he’s found guilty, | 如果我们上了庭 而他被证明有罪 | 
| [18:19] | It’s 20 to life. | 那将是二十年刑期 | 
| [18:19] | We should be fighting for total exoneration. | 我们应该争取无罪释放 | 
| [18:22] | He’s innocent. | 他是清白的 | 
| [18:23] | But can we prove it? | 但我们能证明吗 | 
| [18:29] | Bet the bus is already here. | 校车肯定已经到了 | 
| [18:30] | Yeah, well, maybe if you didn’t hog the shower… | 是啊 如果不是你霸占了淋浴… | 
| [18:31] | Just keep moving, guys. | 快点走就是了 孩子们 | 
| [18:36] | Mrs. Chatham? | 查塔姆太太 | 
| [18:37] | Oh, my god, look at both of you. | 天啊 看看你们俩 | 
| [18:46] | Okay, guys, come on, let’s get going. | 好了 快点 我们走 | 
| [18:53] | Did you want to come in? | 要进来吗 | 
| [19:05] | I heard you’d moved. | 我听说你搬家了 | 
| [19:06] | Wasn’t easy tracking down an address. | 找到这个地址真不容易 | 
| [19:09] | It’s a nice apartment. | 这公寓真不错 | 
| [19:12] | – Lauren. – I just… | -劳伦 -我只是 | 
| [19:15] | I want to know what’s happening with the case. | 我想知道案子有什么进展 | 
| [19:19] | Right now, we’re looking for someone who can place Kenny | 现在 我们正在寻找证人 | 
| [19:22] | At or near your house the night of the murder. | 证明案发时肯尼在家或离家不远 | 
| [19:25] | To prove he couldn’t have done it. | 这就能证明他不可能作案 | 
| [19:31] | I talked to Richard. | 我跟理查德谈过了 | 
| [19:32] | We’ll pay Kenny’s legal fees. | 我们会支付肯尼的律师费的 | 
| [19:37] | Wasn’t easy getting him to budge. | 让他做出让步可不容易 | 
| [19:41] | I’m sure you remember how controlling he can be. | 我相信你记得他控制欲有多强 | 
| [19:44] | How are things between you? | 你们之间这么样 | 
| [19:45] | The same. | 老样子 | 
| [19:50] | I go to get a drink, right, by the time I get back, | 我去喝了点酒 当我回来的时候 | 
| [19:55] | Alicia has the governor literally backed into a corner, | 艾丽西娅已经把州长完全逼进了角落 | 
| [19:59] | Nailing him on his lack of support for the arts. | 指责他对艺术领域缺乏支持 | 
| [20:02] | I was just asking him to explain his position. | 我只是要他阐述一下他的立场 | 
| [20:28] | There she is. | 在这儿啊 | 
| [20:30] | What’s a nice girl like you doing at a place | 像你这么漂亮的女生 | 
| [20:32] | Like the state’s attorney’s office anyway? | 怎么会在州律师办公室这种地方工作啊 | 
| [20:33] | Best place to practice law. | 这是练习法律知识最好的地方 | 
| [20:36] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 这我倒不清楚 | 
| [20:37] | Life at a private firm has its perks. | 私营公司有私营公司的好处 | 
| [20:39] | I became an S.A. because | 我成为一名州律师是因为 | 
| [20:40] | I like duking it out In court, not over lunch. | 我喜欢在法庭上争锋相对 而不是在午餐时 | 
| [20:43] | Oh, that’s too bad, | 那太糟了 | 
| [20:44] | Because that’s what I was about to suggest. | 因为我正有此意 | 
| [20:46] | Talked to my bosses. | 我跟老板谈了 | 
| [20:47] | We’re on board with a plea bargain | 在查塔姆这个案子中 | 
| [20:48] | In the Chatham case. | 我们正考虑接受认罪协议 | 
| [20:49] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的 -对啊 | 
| [20:51] | So, Thai, Italian | 所以是吃泰国菜 意大利菜 | 
| [20:51] | Or should we just grab a couple of steaks? | 还是来点牛排呢 | 
| [20:53] | Where’s Cary? | 凯里呢 | 
| [20:54] | Shouldn’t he be out here canvassing as well? | 他不是也该在这里参与调查吗 | 
| [20:57] | Well, he said he had to do something else. | 他说他有其他的事要处理 | 
| [21:00] | There’s plenty of street lighting. | 这里有很多路灯 | 
| [21:02] | Clear shot from the house across the street. | 可以很清楚的照到街对面的这些房子 | 
| [21:05] | Maybe the one on the right, too. | 可能也会照到右边的这栋 | 
| [21:06] | In this neighborhood, Kenny running home | 在这个片区 肯尼如果十一点以后 | 
| [21:08] | After 11:00 would have definitely been noticed. | 跑回家肯定会被注意到 | 
| [21:14] | Think they’ve got enough manicured lawns here? | 他们这里修简整齐的草坪还真够多啊 | 
| [21:16] | Grass can’t be more than two inches tall. | 草不能超过两英寸高 | 
| [21:19] | Neighborhood association wields a mighty sword. | 居委会能行使很大的权力 | 
| [21:22] | Pretty. | 这很好 | 
| [21:24] | Doesn’t seem like a good fit though…you living here. | 不过你住这儿似乎不太合适 | 
| [21:28] | Was it? | 不是吗 | 
| [21:29] | I did it for 10 years, I liked it at the time. | 我在这儿住了十年 那时候我很喜欢这儿 | 
| [21:33] | Ignorance is bliss, I guess. | 无知是福 我想 | 
| [21:34] | Let’s see what Kenny’s neighbors have to say? | 看看肯尼的邻居怎么说 | 
| [21:40] | Everyone’s pretty shaken up. | 大家都吓坏了 | 
| [21:42] | I mean, this sort of thing just doesn’t happen around here. | 这里从未发生过这种事 | 
| [21:44] | Scandal maybe, but murder? | 丑闻有可能 但是谋杀 | 
| [21:47] | Were you on duty | 案发时 | 
| [21:49] | – When it happened? – You tell me. | -你在上班吗 -你告诉我吧 | 
| [21:51] | I work second shift, 2:00 to 11:00 pm. | 我上晚班 从下午两点到晚上十一点 | 
| [21:53] | Not that I ever get out on time. | 而且我很少准时下班 | 
| [21:55] | My relief’s always late. | 跟我换班的人总是迟到 | 
| [21:56] | What time did you leave exactly? | 你到底是几点离开的 | 
| [21:58] | Don’t know off the top of my head, | 我记不得了 | 
| [22:01] | But I could check my time card. | 但我可以查一下我的时间卡 | 
| [22:03] | Got a copy of it somewhere. | 这儿有一份拷贝 | 
| [22:04] | And, Shelly, when you were leaving, | 雪莱 你离开的时候 | 
| [22:05] | Do you remember seeing anyone on the street? | 记不记得在街上看到过什么人 | 
| [22:07] | Anyone running? | 有人在奔跑吗 | 
| [22:08] | Not really. | 不算吧 | 
| [22:10] | I mean I think I saw someone go inside across the way. | 我是说我看到有人走进街对面的房子 | 
| [22:12] | You mean through the front door? | 你是说从前门进去的 | 
| [22:14] | Yeah, | 是啊 | 
| [22:15] | Because they turned the yard lights off right after… | 因为之后他们就关了院子里的灯 | 
| [22:17] | Made it hard to fill out my timecard. | 让我很难填写我的时间卡 | 
| [22:19] | And was this person male or female? | 那人是男的还是女的 | 
| [22:21] | Sorry, didn’t get that good a look. | 对不起 没看那么清楚 | 
| [22:27] | Hello. | 你好 | 
| [22:28] | Your husband’s doing a fine job. | 你丈夫在做一份很好的工作 | 
| [22:30] | Don’t mind her. | 别管她 | 
| [22:32] | She has dementia. | 她有老年痴呆症 | 
| [22:33] | Only remembers the past. | 只记得过去 | 
| [22:35] | Here it is. | 在这儿 | 
| [22:37] | 11:25. That help? | 11点25分离开的 有帮助吗 | 
| [22:41] | You have no physical evidence | 你们没有任何具体证据 | 
| [22:42] | Linking my client to the victim. | 能将我的当事人跟死者联系起来 | 
| [22:44] | No DNA, nothing. | 没有DNA 什么都没有 | 
| [22:45] | Even so, | 尽管如此 | 
| [22:46] | You can’t prove he wasn’t an accomplice to the burglary. | 你也不能证明他不是盗窃共犯 | 
| [22:49] | And if someone dies during the commission, | 如果有人在调查期间死去 | 
| [22:51] | It’s felony murder regardless of who killed him. | 那无论凶手是谁都将构成重罪谋杀 | 
| [22:54] | Yeah, except your witness, Brian, | 对 除非你的证人 布莱恩 | 
| [22:56] | Made a deal– by copping to burglary, | 愿意合作 承认盗窃罪 | 
| [22:59] | He gets immunity from felony murder charges, | 他就能免除重罪谋杀的指控 | 
| [23:01] | Which means he has incentive to lie. | 也就是说他有撒谎的动机 | 
| [23:02] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [23:05] | Second degree murder. | 二级谋杀 | 
| [23:07] | 4 to 15? | 4到15年 | 
| [23:10] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我不这样认为 | 
| [23:11] | We’ll do involuntary manslaughter. | 我们会按过失杀人罪起诉他 | 
| [23:13] | Can I get some more,uh,water,please. | 能再给我倒杯水吗 | 
| [23:14] | Not going to happen. | 不可能 | 
| [23:15] | Can I try a fry? | 我能尝一根薯条吗 | 
| [23:17] | Yeah, help yourself. | 当然 请便 | 
| [23:20] | Well, manslaughter, | 好了 就过失杀人吧 | 
| [23:21] | Since burglary’s not in play anymore. | 既然盗窃不再是重点了 | 
| [23:23] | What? | 什么 | 
| [23:26] | Uh, did I forget to mention | 我是不是忘了告诉你 | 
| [23:27] | That we can prove Kenny had permission to enter? | 我们可以证明肯尼是被许可进入的 | 
| [23:30] | Spencer Rankin’s willing to testify. | 斯宾塞·兰肯愿意作证 | 
| [23:34] | So, as I was saying… | 所以 正如我所说的 | 
| [23:35] | A man’s still dead. | 还是死了一个人 | 
| [23:43] | I’ll make a case to the judge | 我要给法官一件 | 
| [23:45] | For a maximum sentence of five years. | 最高能判五年的案子 | 
| [23:48] | Make it two and we got a deal. | 算成两件 我们就敲定了 | 
| [23:54] | These rich kids really do get away with murder. | 这些阔少真要逍遥法外了 | 
| [23:58] | The crime scene is about | 犯罪现场大约在 | 
| [23:59] | Half a mile west of here. | 从这里往西半英里处 | 
| [24:02] | Security guard called into operations | 保安是在晚上11:15时 | 
| [24:04] | At 11:15 | 开始巡逻 | 
| [24:06] | To say he was doing a perimeter check. | 他当时在检查周边环境 | 
| [24:08] | He was dead by 11:20. | 他死于11点20分 | 
| [24:10] | The prosecution would argue | 原告会争辩 | 
| [24:12] | That Kenny still had time to attack the guard | 肯尼仍有时间袭击保安 | 
| [24:14] | And get home on foot by 11:25. | 然后于11点25分步行回到家里 | 
| [24:17] | Is that even possible? | 有可能吗 | 
| [24:18] | Run that distance in five minutes? | 在五分钟内跑完那段距离吗 | 
| [24:20] | Only one way to find out. | 只有一种方法能搞清楚了 | 
| [24:22] | The average teenage boy sprinting would likely be | 青年男孩的平均速度约为 | 
| [24:26] | In the range of eight to ten miles per hour. | 每小时八至十英里 | 
| [24:28] | How do you even know that? | 你怎么会知道这个 | 
| [24:31] | Would you believe me | 如果我告诉你 | 
| [24:32] | If I told you I was a track coach in a previous life? | 我以前是个田径教练 你会相信吗 | 
| [24:34] | No. | 不相信 | 
| [24:36] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [24:38] | It’s two minutes and we’re… | 两分钟了 我们… | 
| [24:42] | Ass! | 混蛋 | 
| [24:45] | Nice. Nice. | 很好 很好 | 
| [24:47] | You oughta try it sometime. | 你有时候也该试试 | 
| [24:48] | What, flipping someone off? | 什么 用脏话回敬别人 | 
| [24:50] | It’s good for your soul. | 对你的心灵有好处 | 
| [24:55] | So, from Kenny’s house to Spencer’s… | 那么 从肯尼家到斯宾塞家 | 
| [24:57] | Just under five minutes. | 用了不到五分钟 | 
| [24:59] | It’s pretty tight, | 时间很紧 | 
| [25:00] | But the prosecution’s right… | 但控方是对的 | 
| [25:02] | It’s doable. | 这行得通 | 
| [25:03] | In other words, the nurse’s testimony | 换句话说 那个护士的证词 | 
| [25:05] | – Will only go so far. – Yeah. | -就只能证明这些而已 -对 | 
| [25:14] | Guess there’s no chance the S.A. | 我想如果我们没有许可证 | 
| [25:16] | Will let us in without permission. | 州检察官是不会让我们进去的 | 
| [25:17] | I don’t exactly have a good relationship | 我跟那些邻居的关系 | 
| [25:19] | With that department anymore. | 其实已经不再要好了 | 
| [25:21] | You come within 100 feet of my son again, | 如果你再出现在我儿子的一百尺范围内 | 
| [25:23] | And I swear, I’ll sue you, | 我发誓 我会控告你 | 
| [25:24] | The Chathams, and your entire firm. | 查塔姆家 和你们整家公司 | 
| [25:27] | Spencer’s got nothing to do with this and how dare you | 斯宾塞跟这事毫无关系 你怎么敢 | 
| [25:29] | Intimidate him into giving false information. | 恐吓他作假证供 | 
| [25:32] | There was never any permission given to enter, | 这里没有许可任何人进入 | 
| [25:34] | There was never any pot and he is | 也没有一点大麻 | 
| [25:37] | Never going to testify! | 而他也绝对不会作证 | 
| [25:42] | I had the plea in my hand. | 我拿到了这个协议 | 
| [25:44] | And I had no idea you went to the state’s attorney. | 我不知道你去了找那个律师 | 
| [25:46] | I told you what the plan was. | 我告诉过你计划是什么 | 
| [25:48] | But I never agreed to it, Cary, | 但我从没同意过 凯里 | 
| [25:49] | And we never presented it… | 而且我们从来没有表现出 | 
| [25:51] | I cleared it through Diane. | 我已经跟戴安说明了 | 
| [25:53] | All right? | 行了吧 | 
| [25:58] | And now we’ve got nothing. | 现在我们什么也没有 | 
| [26:00] | No, we have an eyewitness | 不 我们有目击证人 | 
| [26:02] | Who’ll testify that at 11:19 | 能证明在11点19分 | 
| [26:04] | – She saw… – A figure from a distance? | -她看见 -一个远处的身影吗 | 
| [26:06] | And the S.A. | 而州律所 | 
| [26:07] | Has an eyewitness who will positively identify Kenny as the killer. | 则有证人能指证肯尼就是凶手 | 
| [26:12] | We don’t have a case. | 我们没有论据 | 
| [26:13] | And they don’t have conclusive physical evidence. | 他们也没有确凿的物证 | 
| [26:16] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 | 
| [26:18] | I gotta prep for court. | 我要准备上庭 | 
| [26:22] | You realize Cary’s never been to trial before. | 你知道凯里之前从未经历过庭审吧 | 
| [26:24] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能 | 
| [26:27] | Easy. | 简单 | 
| [26:27] | By pleading out every court case that comes your way. | 每次都在庭审前就达成协议就行了 | 
| [26:38] | This is a pretrial hearing | 这是审前听证会 | 
| [26:39] | Which is another way of saying | 换一种说法就是 | 
| [26:41] | Both sides should come to an agreement | 在我们进一步审理前 | 
| [26:42] | Before we go any farther. | 双方要达成协议 | 
| [26:44] | I guess my parents aren’t coming. | 我想我父母不会来了 | 
| [26:46] | But since you haven’t yet– | 但既然你们还没有 | 
| [26:48] | Be advised there is no jury in this proceeding, | 你们就要知道这里没有陪审团 | 
| [26:51] | There’s just me. | 只有我 | 
| [26:52] | And my determination | 而我的个人意愿 | 
| [26:54] | As to whether or not there’s enough probable cause | 将决定这是否有足够的理由 | 
| [26:57] | To hold this defendant for a long, expensive trial. | 让被告继续这场长期而又昂贵的审判 | 
| [27:01] | They’re probably on their way. | 他们可能在路上了 | 
| [27:03] | And because this is all about me, | 因为决定权在我 | 
| [27:05] | I get to ask questions, too. | 我也会提一些问题 | 
| [27:07] | Particularly if our esteemed attorneys | 尤其是当我们尊敬的律师们 | 
| [27:08] | Don’t ask the right ones. | 问不到重点的时候 | 
| [27:12] | Ms. Raines, you’re up. | 雷恩斯律师 请提问 | 
| [27:16] | At 11:24 p.m., | 晚上11点24分 | 
| [27:17] | Brian was pulled over for speeding, | 布莱恩因超速驾车被截停 | 
| [27:19] | Approximately four blocks from the rankin house. | 在离兰肯家大约四个街区的地方 | 
| [27:21] | And officer Diaz, | 迪亚斯警官 | 
| [27:23] | – Did Brian give any statement at that time? – Yes, he did. | -布莱恩当时说了什么吗 -是的 | 
| [27:26] | He immediately confessed to having fled | 他当即就承认他是 | 
| [27:28] | The scene of a burglary on Belson Street. | 从贝尔森街的盗窃现场逃出来的 | 
| [27:30] | So, in effect, | 所以 事实上 | 
| [27:31] | He placed himself at the crime scene. | 他承认了自己到过案发现场 | 
| [27:33] | Yes, | 是的 | 
| [27:34] | And was arrested at that time. | 并于当时被捕 | 
| [27:36] | In your experience, | 根据你的经验 | 
| [27:38] | Do spontaneous confessions such as this tend to be accurate? | 这样的不打自招可信吗 | 
| [27:41] | Typically, the perpetrator won’t have had enough time | 通常罪犯没有时间编故事 | 
| [27:43] | To concoct a story, so, yes. | 所以 是的 | 
| [27:45] | They usually are. | 一般来说可信 | 
| [27:46] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 | 
| [27:48] | Mr. Agos. | 艾格斯律师 | 
| [27:56] | Officer Diaz. | 迪亚斯警官 | 
| [28:02] | Sorry, I need to refer back to my notes. | 对不起 我得再看一下我的材料 | 
| [28:08] | No mention of killing when arrested! | 被捕时未提及谋杀 | 
| [28:10] | Yeah, yeah, I know, I know I know. | 是 是 我知道 我知道 | 
| [28:12] | There was no mention of killing when arrested. | 被捕时未提及谋杀 | 
| [28:14] | Sometime before I go gray, counsel. | 别让我等急了 律师先生 | 
| [28:18] | Officer Diaz, | 迪亚斯警官 | 
| [28:21] | When Mr. Keller had this “spontaneous utterance”, | 凯勒先生”不打自招”时 | 
| [28:24] | Did he mention that anyone had been killed? | 提到过有人被杀吗 | 
| [28:25] | Not until after we got to the station, no. | 在到达警局之前没有 | 
| [28:28] | So, when Brian told you that | 所以在布莱恩告诉你 | 
| [28:30] | Kenny Chatham was responsible for the victim’s death, | 肯尼·查塔姆是凶手前 | 
| [28:32] | He had had time to concoct a story. | 他可能有时间编故事 | 
| [28:35] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 | 
| [28:36] | If for no other reason than the use of pluperfect tense. | 辩方律师使用了虚拟语气 | 
| [28:43] | Nothing further. | 没其他问题了 | 
| [28:50] | It gets easier as you go. | 慢慢会好的 | 
| [28:52] | My interests have never been in litigation. | 我向来不喜欢被起诉 | 
| [28:57] | Prosecution calls Brian Keller. | 控方提请布莱恩·凯勒出庭 | 
| [29:00] | Brian, tell us what happened that night. | 布莱恩 告诉我们当晚发生了什么 | 
| [29:03] | Kenny wanted to get high | 肯尼想嗑药 | 
| [29:04] | And he said he knew where he could get some weed. | 他说他知道哪里能搞到大麻 | 
| [29:06] | He never said anything about breaking in, though, | 但他没提到要破窗而入 | 
| [29:08] | Which is why I was surprised | 所以当他让我帮忙橇开窗户时 | 
| [29:09] | When he asked me to help jam the window open. | 我吓了一跳 | 
| [29:11] | I mean, I did it, but… | 我是说 我的确做了 | 
| [29:13] | I was kinda freaked out afterward. | 但事后我吓坏了 | 
| [29:14] | So I went downstairs. | 所以我下了楼 | 
| [29:15] | And did what? | 下楼干吗 | 
| [29:17] | To wait for him | 去等他 | 
| [29:18] | So we could get the heck out of there. | 好从那鬼地方出来 | 
| [29:20] | But then I saw the security guard. | 但紧接着 我看到了保安 | 
| [29:21] | Did he see you? | 他看到你了吗 | 
| [29:23] | No, I hid behind a bush. | 没 我躲在树丛后 | 
| [29:25] | Right in there. | 就在那儿 | 
| [29:27] | I know this is difficult, but could you | 我知道这有点难为你 但你能否 | 
| [29:29] | Tell the judge what you saw? | 告诉法官你看到了什么 | 
| [29:31] | I can’t believe he could lie like this. | 真不敢相信他能如此镇定的说谎 | 
| [29:33] | People do it all the time. | 见怪不怪了 | 
| [29:35] | Um… I saw the guard go up the stairs. | 我看见保安上楼 | 
| [29:38] | Here? | 这里吗 | 
| [29:39] | Yeah and I guess he kinda surprised Kenny | 对 我想他吓到肯尼了 | 
| [29:42] | Because they kinda got into it, | 因为他俩争执起来 | 
| [29:44] | And Kenny sorta shoved him, and the guard fell backwards. | 肯尼推了他一把 这保安便摔下了楼梯 | 
| [29:48] | And he just… | 然后就 | 
| [29:49] | Just stopped moving. | 躺着不动了 | 
| [29:51] | Then Kenny just took off. | 然后肯尼就逃走了 | 
| [29:53] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 | 
| [29:55] | Nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [29:57] | Just manicured lawns. | 只是看看那修剪过的草坪 | 
| [29:58] | So from where you were standing, | 所以从你站的地方 | 
| [29:59] | You had a clear view of the crime. | 你可以清楚的看到犯罪过程 | 
| [30:02] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:04] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 | 
| [30:08] | That’s plenty for today. | 今天就到这儿 | 
| [30:11] | Court’s adjourned till 9:00 tomorrow. | 明天九点再开庭 | 
| [30:17] | Heads up. | 注意了 | 
| [30:18] | You guys want to go for a ride? | 想去兜兜风吗 | 
| [30:20] | Where to? | 去哪儿 | 
| [30:21] | I don’t know. See some old friends? | 不知道 去见一些老朋友怎么样 | 
| [30:24] | Hey, um, I gotta go. | 嗨 我得挂了 | 
| [30:25] | – I’ll talk to you later, okay? – Mom? Highland Park? | -再聊好吗 -妈 是去高地公园吗 | 
| [30:37] | Didn’t think anyone was still here. | 没想到还有人在 | 
| [30:41] | Just prepping for court. | 只是在为开庭做准备 | 
| [30:45] | By reading case law, huh? | 读案例法来准备啊 | 
| [30:48] | You’re better off | 你最好还是 | 
| [30:49] | Watching experienced trial lawyers. | 去旁听有经验的律师上庭 | 
| [30:51] | Yeah, well, new kid on the block. | 是啊 我是菜鸟 | 
| [30:53] | I don’t get much opportunity to shadow seniors. | 没什么机会跟着高手混 | 
| [30:56] | Though I have learned a lot by watching Alicia. | 不过我倒是从艾丽西娅身上学到了很多 | 
| [30:59] | She’s definitely got some serious skills. | 她确实有两下子 | 
| [31:01] | We suspect it’s a Georgetown thing. | 我们觉得是乔治城大学的熏陶 | 
| [31:04] | No doubt. | 毫无疑问 | 
| [31:05] | No doubt. | 毫无疑问 | 
| [31:08] | Yeah, that’s a long time to stay friends | 是啊 从大学到现在 | 
| [31:10] | Since college and all. | 友情能保持这么久不容易 | 
| [31:11] | So, it’s really commendable… | 所以我很钦佩 | 
| [31:12] | You championing her the way that you do. | 你这么帮她 | 
| [31:15] | Yeah, know what’s great about someone like Alicia? | 确实 你知道艾丽西娅的过人之处吗 | 
| [31:18] | She’s a natural. | 她天生是做律师的料 | 
| [31:20] | She doesn’t have to try so hard. | 她不用拼死拼活的去学 | 
| [31:25] | Have a good night. | 晚安 | 
| [31:48] | Would you like a drink? | 想喝一杯吗 | 
| [31:50] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 | 
| [31:54] | Where are your kids? | 你的孩子们呢 | 
| [31:56] | I dropped them at their friends’. | 我让他们去朋友那儿了 | 
| [31:58] | They really miss it here. | 他们都很想念这里 | 
| [31:59] | How bad? | 情况有多糟 | 
| [32:01] | I noticed | 我注意到 | 
| [32:02] | You two weren’t in court today. | 你们俩今天都没出庭 | 
| [32:04] | I came by to give you an update. | 我来告诉你们进展 | 
| [32:09] | Lauren couldn’t handle it. | 劳伦承受不了这事 | 
| [32:11] | She’s not like you. | 她不像你 | 
| [32:12] | She’s not that strong. | 她没那么坚强 | 
| [32:15] | She’s asleep now. | 她现在已经睡了 | 
| [32:16] | Took a valium. | 吃了片安定 | 
| [32:18] | Well, it must be hard on her… | 这对于她一定很难熬 | 
| [32:20] | On both of you… | 对于你俩都很难熬 | 
| [32:21] | To see your son like that. | 看到你们的孩子这样 | 
| [32:23] | But it’s really important that at least one of you be there. | 但哪怕你们只一个去都会很有意义 | 
| [32:27] | So, how did it go? | 事情怎么样了 | 
| [32:29] | To be honest, not great. | 坦白的说 情况不妙 | 
| [32:31] | They have Kenny’s fingerprints at the scene, | 他们在案发现场找到了肯尼的指纹 | 
| [32:33] | And someone who will testify that he pushed the guard. | 而且有人作证看到他推倒了保安 | 
| [32:36] | You think he’s guilty? | 你觉得他有罪吗 | 
| [32:39] | No. | 不 | 
| [32:43] | Do you? | 你呢 | 
| [32:46] | I don’t know who he is anymore. | 我都已经认不出他了 | 
| [32:50] | Did you have a good time? | 玩的还好吗 | 
| [32:51] | Yeah, except I forgot how much of a whiner Janna was. | 挺好 只不过我忘了乔安娜有多爱哭诉了 | 
| [32:54] | I didn’t. | 我没忘 | 
| [32:56] | Like your friends aren’t geeks. | 好像你的朋友都没毛病似的 | 
| [32:58] | Can we go home now? | 我们能回家了吗 | 
| [32:59] | I just have one more stop. | 再去一个地方就回 | 
| [33:00] | Tell me you’re not taking us to the crime scene. | 别告诉我你要带我们去犯罪现场 | 
| [33:03] | Seriously? | 真的吗 | 
| [33:05] | Awesome. | 太酷了 | 
| [33:11] | Looks like no one’s home. | 好像没人在家 | 
| [33:14] | Stay here. | 老实呆在这 | 
| [33:48] | – Oh, my god. – What happened? | -我的天 -怎么回事 | 
| [33:51] | I ran into the neighborhood association. | 我闯进居委会了 | 
| [33:57] | If you don’t mind, I’d like | 如果你不介意 | 
| [33:59] | To review the sequence of events on the night in question. | 我想回顾一下当晚事情发生的经过 | 
| [34:02] | You testified | 你作证说 | 
| [34:03] | That while Kenny was upstairs, you waited down below. | 当时肯尼在楼上 你在楼下等着 | 
| [34:06] | Is that correct? | 是这样吗 | 
| [34:07] | That’s right. | 没错 | 
| [34:08] | And how long were you there | 在保安到达之前 | 
| [34:10] | Before the security guard arrived? | 你呆了多久 | 
| [34:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [34:13] | A few minutes? | 几分钟吧 | 
| [34:16] | According to patrol records, | 根据巡逻员的记录 | 
| [34:19] | He called in a perimeter check at 11:15. | 他11点15分在周围巡逻 | 
| [34:22] | Do you know what time it was when you saw the guard? | 你知道你看到保安的时候是几点吗 | 
| [34:25] | A few minutes after that, I guess? | 在那几分钟后吧 我想 | 
| [34:29] | So, 11:18? | 所以 11点18分吗 | 
| [34:31] | And how long were you there | 在看到保安之后 | 
| [34:34] | After you saw the guard? | 你又在那儿呆了多久 | 
| [34:36] | Couple minutes. | 几分钟吧 | 
| [34:37] | Which puts us at 11:20. | 那我们当做是11点20分 | 
| [34:39] | Your honor, all this has been | 法官大人 这些问题 | 
| [34:40] | Established in a prior testimony. | 在之前证词中已经确认过了 | 
| [34:47] | Right, right. My mistake. | 没错 我的错 | 
| [34:48] | Brian, | 布莱恩 | 
| [34:50] | Do you know exactly what time the defendant attacked the guard? | 你知道被告袭击保安的准确时间吗 | 
| [34:54] | Like you just said, 11:20 or so. | 就像你说的 11点20左右 | 
| [34:56] | And you left the Rankin house when? | 那你是什么时候离开兰肯家的呢 | 
| [34:59] | It’s already been stated that he was arrested at 11:24. | 那已经确定了 他在11点24分被捕了 | 
| [35:02] | So, it was just Four minutes | 所以 从案发到你被捕 | 
| [35:04] | Between the time of the killing and the time of your arrest? | 只有4分钟的时间 | 
| [35:07] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [35:08] | Now that you’ve dazzled us | 现在你是在用数学技巧 | 
| [35:09] | With your math skills, Mr. Agos, | 扰乱我们的头绪 艾格斯律师 | 
| [35:10] | Can we please move on? | 能不能进入下一个问题了 | 
| [35:14] | Were you wet? | 当时你身上是湿的吗 | 
| [35:18] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [35:19] | The police report made no mention | 警方的报告中没有提到 | 
| [35:21] | Of your being wet at the time of your arrest. | 你被捕的时候身上是湿的 | 
| [35:25] | But were you? | 不过你衣服是湿的吗 | 
| [35:27] | Objection. What does the weather have to do with this? | 反对 天气状况跟这有什么关系 | 
| [35:30] | Your honor, I’d like to introduce the bylaws | 法官大人 我想将高地公园居委会的 | 
| [35:32] | Of the Highland Park neighborhood association into evidence. | 管理细则列入辩方证据 | 
| [35:38] | Specifically, page four, paragraph two, | 特别是 第四页第二段 | 
| [35:41] | Regarding the watering of lawns, | 关于草坪浇水的细则 | 
| [35:43] | Which is only allowed at night | 规定只允许在晚间浇水 | 
| [35:44] | – In an effort to save water. – Your honor! | -以求节约用水 -法官大人 | 
| [35:46] | For the record, the Rankins | 记录显示 兰肯家 | 
| [35:48] | Were in full obeyance with said bylaws. | 完全恪守上述细则 | 
| [35:50] | Their automatic sprinkler system | 他们的自动浇水系统 | 
| [35:52] | Is set to go off every night At 11:15 | 设定为每晚11点15分便会自动开启 | 
| [35:54] | And run for 15 minutes. | 并且浇水15分钟 | 
| [35:58] | If you had been where you said you were, | 如果你就站在你说的地方 | 
| [35:59] | You would have gotten soaked. | 那你肯定被淋湿了 | 
| [36:02] | The truth is, | 事实上 | 
| [36:03] | You weren’t standing behind the bush. | 你没有站在灌木丛的后面 | 
| [36:05] | You were standing over the guard. | 你是跟保安站在一起 | 
| [36:07] | Objection! | 反对 | 
| [36:12] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 | 
| [36:21] | That you pursue a charge with this magnitude | 你进行一个如此重要的控诉 | 
| [36:23] | Without a thorough investigation | 竟然没有彻底调查清楚 | 
| [36:25] | – Is unconscionable. – Your honor… | -这是非常不合理的 -法官大人 | 
| [36:26] | No direct or circumstantial evidence | 没有直接或间接的证据 | 
| [36:28] | Linking the defendant to the murder, | 能将被告与这场谋杀联系起来 | 
| [36:31] | No eyewitness testimony other than that of a co-defendant | 也没有目击证人 | 
| [36:33] | Who has a vested interest in the outcome of the trial. | 只有一个想从审判结果中获益的共同被告 | 
| [36:36] | – Your honor, if you… – Ms. Raines, | -法官大人 如果您 -雷恩斯律师 | 
| [36:38] | I strongly suggest | 我强烈建议 | 
| [36:40] | You find a way to work with the defense counsel | 你想办法跟辩方律师合作 | 
| [36:42] | To find a more equitable solution. | 寻求一个更公正的解决方案 | 
| [36:44] | There’s a place around the corner, serves deep dish by the slice. | 路口有家店供应深海鱼切片 | 
| [36:46] | I’m gonna get some. | 我要去买点 | 
| [36:47] | By my count, you got about 20 minutes. | 据我计算 你大概有20分钟的时间 | 
| [36:58] | Breaking and entering, | 非法入侵 | 
| [37:00] | Plus possession of marijuana. | 外加私藏大麻 | 
| [37:02] | Trespassing and possession. | 擅自闯入和私藏罪 | 
| [37:04] | Are you kidding me? | 你在耍我吗 | 
| [37:05] | Look, | 听着 | 
| [37:06] | You’re all but guaranteed | 你差点就能 | 
| [37:08] | Of a manslaughter conviction against Brian. | 让布莱恩被定为过失杀人罪了 | 
| [37:10] | If you can’t spin that into a win with the brass, | 如果你还不见好就收 | 
| [37:11] | You’re in the wrong line of work. | 那你的工作就要受到指责了 | 
| [37:16] | – Thank you. – You’re welcom. | -谢谢 -不客气 | 
| [37:18] | You’re quite the skilled negotiator. | 你真是个口才了得的谈判专家 | 
| [37:20] | Hey, you did all the heavy lifting. | 哪里 是你做了所有的苦差事啊 | 
| [37:23] | Seriously. Well done, Alicia. Well done. | 说真的 艾丽西娅 你做的很棒 | 
| [37:25] | Thanks, Cary. | 多谢夸奖 凯里 | 
| [37:29] | No jail time. | 不用蹲监狱 | 
| [37:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [37:32] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 | 
| [37:34] | That’s great news. Thank you. I appreciate it. | 真是个好消息 谢谢你 我深表感激 | 
| [37:35] | Oh, our pleasure. | 这我们该做的 | 
| [37:37] | Kenny just has to perform 1,000 hours of community service. | 不过肯尼得做一千小时的社区服务 | 
| [37:39] | And participate in Mandatory drug counseling. | 还要参加强制戒毒咨询 | 
| [37:42] | I’ll make sure of it. | 这点我会确保的 | 
| [37:45] | So… I can take you to the court clerk, | 那么…我可以带你去法庭办事员那里 | 
| [37:48] | See about getting Kenny’s personal effects back, | 看能不能拿回肯尼的私人物品 | 
| [37:49] | If you like. | 如果你愿意的话 | 
| [37:50] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [37:54] | Now that this is over, we should… | 现在案子结束了 我们应该… | 
| [37:57] | I don’t know, maybe have lunch. | 我不知道 也许该去吃个午饭 | 
| [38:00] | Pretend none of this ever happened. | 假装一切都没有发生过 | 
| [38:02] | I’ll call you, okay? | 我会打电话给你的 好吗 | 
| [38:05] | You’re not going to call. | 你不会打给我的 | 
| [38:07] | And we’re not going to have lunch. | 我们也不会去吃午饭的 | 
| [38:09] | And that’s okay. | 没关系的 | 
| [38:10] | It really is. | 真的没关系 | 
| [38:15] | Take care. | 保重 | 
| [38:21] | First plea bargain, a gin martini. | 第一份认罪协议 去喝杯金马提尼吧 | 
| [38:25] | It’s another Stern, Lockhart tradition. | 这是另一个斯特恩 洛克哈特律所的传统 | 
| [38:27] | Thanks, but I think I just want to go home tonight. | 多谢 但我今晚只想回家 | 
| [38:38] | I knew I wasn’t the only one burning the midnight oil. | 我就知道我不是今晚唯一开夜车的人 | 
| [38:41] | Cary. | 凯里 | 
| [38:43] | How are you? | 你怎么样 | 
| [38:44] | Fine. Thanks for asking. | 很好 多谢关心 | 
| [38:46] | Working on sheffrin-marks? | 还在忙谢弗林公司的案子吗 | 
| [38:48] | We win this one, our firm’s in a whole new league. | 要是打赢这场 我们公司就上了新档次了 | 
| [38:51] | What’s your excuse? | 你的理由是啥 | 
| [38:52] | Sorry? | 什么 | 
| [38:54] | For burning the midnight oil. | 开夜车啊 | 
| [38:57] | Oh. Same as yours. | 和你一样 | 
| [38:58] | Just going over the Landers Depo docs for Sheffrin. | 只是再看看兰德斯·帝宝公司的材料 | 
| [39:01] | Billable hours. | 算进工作时数里 | 
| [39:05] | Anyway, I just wanted to update you | 总之 我结果只是想跟你汇报下 | 
| [39:08] | On the outcome of the Chatham case. | 查塔姆一案的新情况 | 
| [39:10] | Turns out, I was able to push the S.A. | 事实证明我能跟州律师 | 
| [39:12] | Into a very favorable plea bargain. | 达成对我们非常有利的认罪协议 | 
| [39:15] | Excellent. | 非常好 | 
| [39:18] | Okay, well… | 好的 那么 | 
| [39:19] | You have a good night. | 晚安 | 
| [39:21] | Keep up the good work. | 再接再厉啊 | 
| [39:24] | Thanks. | 多谢 | 
| [39:26] | I intend to. | 正有此打算 | 
| [40:07] | Is that your idea of a notch under your belt? | 你是故意要敲出一道裂痕吗 | 
| [40:12] | You think the kids heard us? | 你觉得孩子们听得到吗 | 
| [40:13] | Kids? | 孩子们 | 
| [40:16] | Maybe you. | 也许是你 | 
| [40:17] | Oh, funny. | 有意思 | 
| [40:19] | Not too bad for an old married couple, huh? | 对老夫老妻来说还不错 对吧 | 
| [40:26] | I love you. | 我爱你 | 
| [40:27] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 | 
| [40:32] | Don’t. | 别接 | 
| [40:33] | Might be work. | 可能是工作 | 
| [40:47] | Peter Florrick. | 我是彼得·福瑞克 | 
| [40:48] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [40:53] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [40:55] | Hold on a second. | 稍等一会 | 
| [40:58] | It’s an office emergency. | 办公室有急事 | 
| [40:59] | Be one minute. | 一分钟就好 | 
| [41:01] | – One minute. – Okay. | -一分钟 -好 | 
| [41:02] | Next up on news at 11:00… | 下一条11点新闻 | 
| [41:05] | A Highland Park teen is charged with manslaughter | 高地公园一个年轻人被控过失杀人罪 | 
| [41:07] | In the killing of… | 他被控杀害了… | 
| [41:14] | Hey. It’s after 10:00. | 10点多了 | 
| [41:16] | What are you doing up so late on a school night? | 明天要上课 你这么晚不睡在干嘛 | 
| [41:19] | Just looking out at the view. | 看看风景而已 | 
| [41:23] | It’s nice, isn’t it? | 很好看 不是吗 | 
| [41:28] | It’s a cool room. | 这房间很不错 | 
| [41:29] | Smaller than my old one, though. | 虽然比我以前那个小 | 
| [41:34] | You know what I was thinking about today? | 你知道我今天在想什么吗 | 
| [41:37] | How much you hated your old school | 我在想当你刚到那里的时候 | 
| [41:39] | When you first started there. | 有多恨你以前的那个学校 | 
| [41:42] | Yeah, I kind of did. | 是啊 是有点 | 
| [41:46] | Today, I’m sort of glad we moved. | 今天我有点高兴我们搬家了 | 
| [41:52] | Me, too. | 我也是 |