时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on The Good Wife | 《傲骨贤妻》 前情预告 |
[00:03] | An hour ago, I resigned the State’s attorney of cook county. | 一小时前 我辞去了库克县州检察官一职 |
[00:06] | Dad told us he made mistakes. | 爸爸说过他犯了错 |
[00:08] | Yeah, but not that. | 是 但不是那样的错 |
[00:09] | Who first told you of your husband’s infidelity, Mrs. Florrick? | 第一个告诉你 你丈夫出轨的是谁呢 |
[00:13] | CNBC. I saw it on the crawl at the bottom of the screen. | 有线电视新闻台 我看到了屏幕下方的滚动新闻 |
[00:16] | I’m glad you’re making A life for yourself. | 我很高兴你找到了自己的生活 |
[00:18] | It gives you a break. | 它让你从这逆境中得到喘息 |
[00:19] | Well, I just wanted to say thank you for the opportunity. | 我只想感谢你给我这个机会 |
[00:21] | It’s a real lifesaver. | 简直救我一命 |
[00:22] | No. Glad you could come aboard. | 哪里 很高兴你加入 |
[00:24] | Looks like we share an assistant, | 看来我们用的是同一个助理 |
[00:25] | So tell me when I’m hogging her, okay? | 如果我占用她太久了 一定要告诉我啊 |
[00:27] | And let the best man win. | 胜利属于强者 |
[00:29] | You told him peter was lonely in prison. | 你告诉他彼得在狱里很孤独 |
[00:31] | Because he is. | 因为他确实很孤独 |
[00:32] | Just don’t go around me by talking to my kids. | 反正别拿孩子跟我兜圈子 |
[00:40] | Jackie, it’ll just have to wait until next week. | 杰姬 得下周才行 |
[00:42] | But peter’s expecting them for his birthday. | 但彼得期盼着和他们一起过生日 |
[00:44] | Peter and I agreed I’d bring the kids next week. | 彼得和我说好了下周带孩子们过去 |
[00:47] | Their first visit is a big deal. I want to do it right. | 第一次探访是件大事 我希望一切万无一失 |
[00:51] | And so, you need me for how many nights late? | 所以有几个晚上我需要呆晚点呢 |
[00:55] | Just a couple, And I shouldn’t be too late… | 就几天 而且我应该不会太晚的 |
[00:57] | 11:00 or so. | 十一点左右就到 |
[00:58] | What do you want me to tell Zach and Grace? | 你要我怎么跟扎克和格雷斯说呢 |
[01:00] | Tell them I love them, and I will call them tonight. | 告诉他们我爱他们 我今晚会打给他们 |
[01:03] | And Peter? What do I tell him? | 那彼得呢 我要怎么跟他说 |
[01:05] | – Jackie… – Okay, then. Bye. | -杰姬 -好吧 再见 |
[01:14] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[01:16] | Alicia, Marne Compton. | 艾丽西娅 这位是玛妮·康普顿 |
[01:18] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[01:19] | Bowdoin, 2005. Summa cum laude. | 2005年于鲍登大学 以最好成绩毕业 |
[01:21] | She worked for three years at Kaplan & Cohick? | 她在卡普兰&考尼克律所工作了三年 |
[01:24] | Personal assistant to Mr. Cohick. | 是考尼克先生的私人助理 |
[01:26] | Oh. Why’d you leave? | 是吗 那为什么要离开呢 |
[01:27] | There was an opportunity With habitat for humanity | 仁人家园有个工作机会 |
[01:29] | Building an orphanage in Tijuana. | 要在提华纳修建一所孤儿院 |
[01:31] | Peace Corps. Belize. | 和平队的吧 我是伯利兹的 |
[01:39] | And you know we only have money for one assistant, Marne, | 你知道我们只雇得起一位助手吧 玛妮 |
[01:41] | So we would have to share you. | 所以你得同时为我们两个工作 |
[01:43] | Oh, yes. Don’t worry. | 明白 不用担心 |
[01:44] | I’m used to high-pressured environments. I like action. | 我很习惯忙碌的工作环境 我喜欢行动 |
[01:47] | To me, it’s all about time management. | 对我来说 只是合理安排时间的问题 |
[01:48] | I know you’re juggling three or four cases at once, | 我知道你们时常会同时负责三四个案子 |
[01:50] | And it’s my job to help catch any balls that get dropped. | 所以我的工作就是随时帮助你们查漏补缺 |
[01:54] | I love your boots. | 我喜欢你的靴子 |
[01:56] | – Where did you get them? – Oh, why thank you. | -你在哪买的 -谢谢 |
[01:58] | I got them at saks fifth avenue. | 我在萨克斯第五大道买的 |
[01:59] | They have a sale now, and you can’t believe the options. | 那里现在正在打折 简直让人挑花了眼 |
[02:02] | Isn’t she great? | 她很不错吧 |
[02:03] | – Oh, yes. – So, should I make it happen? | -对 -所以 要不要聘用她 |
[02:06] | Well, actually, let’s bring in a few more people. | 我们还是再多看几个吧 |
[02:08] | I’ll make some calls. | 我去多打几个电话 |
[02:10] | Sure, but we should do this like voir dire or something. | 当然 不过我们该像筛选陪审员那样 |
[02:12] | Three peremptory challenges, you know? | 先发制人 知道吧 |
[02:14] | Hey, did you hear about the rumors? | 对了 你听说了那个流言了吗 |
[02:16] | – Stern is retiring. – Our Stern? | -斯特恩要退休了 -我们那个斯特恩吗 |
[02:18] | Yeah. We’ll just be Lockhart, Gardner. | 没错 我们得改名成洛克哈特&加德纳律所了 |
[02:20] | I saw this happen at my dad’s firm– | 我在我爸的公司看到过这种情况 |
[02:22] | Two partners losing a third. | 三个合伙人中走了一个 |
[02:23] | It was like dawn of the dead. | 那简直就是噩梦 |
[02:24] | People fighting over turf. | 大家都在明争暗斗 |
[02:25] | Junior associates lining up against each other. | 初级律师们排起队来互相想挤掉对方 |
[02:27] | – Not us? – Oh, hey, I won’t if you won’t. | -我们不会吧 -你不会 我就不会 |
[02:29] | We have such a good working relationship. | 我们的工作关系好着呢 |
[02:31] | Wow. They’re still on the lakeshore crash? | 天哪 他们还在研究湖岸撞车案啊 |
[02:33] | I thought we settled that already. | 我还以为那案子已经解决了 |
[02:34] | Nope. Today. | 还没 今天解决 |
[02:39] | That is our train. | 那是我们的火车 |
[02:40] | It crashed. Your clients crashed it. | 出事故了 你们的客户把它给撞了 |
[02:43] | Do I need to use simpler sentences? | 要不要我用简单的句子吗 |
[02:45] | Yes, Patti. Please. I love it when you patronize me. | 是的 帕蒂 我就喜欢你这么哄着我 |
[02:47] | Cross National Freight | 跨国货运公司 |
[02:49] | Entrusted your clients to drive our train. | 信任你们的客户来驾驶我们的火车 |
[02:51] | They drove it too fast. | 他们超速了 |
[02:53] | They derailed it, causing millions in damage. | 导致火车冲出轨道 造成了数百万的损失 |
[02:55] | Luckily, it was a freight train and nobody died. | 幸运的是 那只是一列货运火车 没人死亡 |
[02:58] | Except our clients. | 可我们的客户死了 |
[02:59] | We should be suing you, and not you us. | 应该是我们告你们 而不是相反 |
[03:02] | Except for this nagging little problem, Patti. | 不过有点小问题 帕蒂 |
[03:04] | That your company overworked my clients | 是你方的公司让我的客户工作过度了 |
[03:06] | With double-digit shifts and 18-hour days. | 两班连上 每天十八个小时 |
[03:10] | Oh, yes, the sexy overtime evidence. | 是啊 那个加班的证据 |
[03:12] | Juries love that. | 陪审团就喜欢那个 |
[03:13] | Except for the fact that my clients are heroes. | 可事实上我的客户们是英雄 |
[03:16] | – Except… – Yes? | -而且… -什么 |
[03:20] | Except for the fact That these three men stayed with your train. | 事实上这三个人一直坚守住你们的火车 |
[03:24] | To keep it from crashing into a residential neighborhood, | 不让它冲进周围的居民区 |
[03:27] | -Saving untold lives. – Untold. | -拯救了不计其数的生命 -不计其数 |
[03:29] | I love untold. | 我喜欢不计其数 |
[03:30] | My bet is a jury will, too. | 我打赌陪审员也会喜欢 |
[03:33] | Will, we’re not picking a jury tomorrow. | 威尔 我们明天不会选陪审员 |
[03:35] | Judge Parks is a pro-business constructionist | 帕克斯法官是个亲企业派的执法者 |
[03:38] | Who detests nuisance lawsuits as much as I do. | 他跟我一样厌恶讨厌的无聊诉讼 |
[03:40] | He’s going to grant my motion to dismiss, and you know it. | 你很清楚他会批准驳回诉讼的 |
[03:44] | And I know you know it. | 我知道你很清楚这一点 |
[03:45] | So what do you want? | 所以你想怎样 |
[03:47] | Make me an offer. | 给我一个赔偿金额 |
[03:50] | Damn it, Alicia, I thought I said 3:00. | 该死 艾丽西娅 我记得我说的是三点吧 |
[03:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:53] | I love watching you, Will. | 我喜欢看着你 威尔 |
[03:55] | It’s like shakespeare in the park. | 就像在看公园中的莎士比亚 |
[03:56] | This is awkward. I tried to keep it | 太尴尬了 我本想把时间错开的 |
[03:58] | So that you wouldn’t cross paths with the widows. | 这样你就不会碰上那些寡妇了 |
[04:01] | Heartstrings– Ouch, ouch– being tugged. | 心弦 哎哟 哎哟 被拨动了 |
[04:03] | What time is their 60 minutes interview? | 他们那一小时的会面是几点 |
[04:06] | 5:00. | 五点 |
[04:08] | We may not need a jury. | 也许我们不需要陪审团 |
[04:11] | But, hey, what do I know? It’s just 60 minutes. | 不过 我咋知道呢 只有一小时而已 |
[04:16] | We know how much they love high-powered executives | 我们都知道他们有多喜欢位高权重的总裁 |
[04:19] | And hate grieving widows, right? | 而厌恶那些哀伤的寡妇 是吧 |
[04:21] | Mr. Harkin, I’m putting you on speaker. | 哈金先生 我把电话开成免提了 |
[04:25] | Uh, yeah, fine. | 好的 |
[04:27] | Even though it is my belief that we would win a countersuit | 虽然我相信我们会赢得一场反诉讼 |
[04:32] | Against your clients for negligence, | 以渎职罪控告你的客户 |
[04:33] | We are willing to pay out their pensions for ten years. | 但我们还是愿意支付他们十年的抚恤金 |
[04:36] | Ten?! You kidding? | 十年 你在开玩笑吗 |
[04:38] | Does it come with double coupons? | 附送双重折价券吗 |
[04:39] | Are you comfortable with that, Mr. Harkin? | 您对这个提议还满意吗 哈金先生 |
[04:42] | No. 80 cents on the dollar. | 不行 我们只能付80% |
[04:43] | You know, sir, these widows Are having trouble paying their rent. | 你知道吗 先生 这些寡妇都快付不起房租了 |
[04:46] | What?! | 什么 |
[04:47] | One of them is about to lose their house. | 她们其中一个都快失掉她的房子了 |
[04:49] | – She has three children. – What? Who is that? | -她还有三个孩子 -什么 那人是谁 |
[04:51] | I’ll get him up to a dollar. | 我会让他加到100%的 |
[04:53] | You get them to agree. | 你负责说服她们 |
[04:55] | Ooh, I have yoga in half an hour. | 哎哟 我半个小时后有瑜伽课 |
[04:58] | After that, this deal is dead. | 到那时 这个提议就作废了 |
[05:00] | Their pension for ten years? | 十年抚恤金 |
[05:02] | It’s a come-out offer. | 这是算好的了 |
[05:04] | Anything? | 有进展了吗 |
[05:05] | Pension for ten years. | 十年抚恤金 |
[05:06] | How much do we have in this? | 我们能得到多少 |
[05:08] | Partner hours? 82. | 合伙人工作时间吗 82小时 |
[05:09] | Will they take it? | 她们会接受吗 |
[05:10] | I don’t know. I don’t think so. | 不知道 我觉得她们不会 |
[05:12] | We’re bleeding here. | 我们在流血 |
[05:13] | Hey, what was that all about? | 刚才那是怎么回事 |
[05:15] | With Overby? | 你跟奥维比在说啥 |
[05:16] | Oh, Malcolm? You know him? | 你是说马尔科姆吗 你认识他吗 |
[05:18] | He’s an old friend. Just catching up. | 他是我的老朋友 只是来看看而已 |
[05:22] | So, uh, don’t take a lot of time with it. | 别花费太多时间 |
[05:23] | Just do a basic background check. | 简单调查一下他的背景就行 |
[05:26] | Malcolm’s an old friend. | 马尔科姆是我的老朋友 |
[05:28] | What am I looking for? | 我要查什么 |
[05:33] | Stability. | 可靠性 |
[05:35] | Kalinda, one last thing. | 凯琳达 最后补充一句 |
[05:37] | I need you to keep this confidential. | 我需要你秘密行动 |
[05:39] | I’ll be splitting time with cross national freight. | 我要腾出时间处理跨国货运公司这个案子 |
[05:42] | I’m not sure that’s possible. | 我不知道这样行不行 |
[05:43] | Well, if will asks, | 好吧 如果有人问起 |
[05:45] | Just say I’m having you do work on Sheffrin-Marks. | 就说我让你去处理谢弗林公司的事了 |
[05:53] | I want an apology. | 我想要一个道歉 |
[05:55] | They worked my… Our husbands to death. | 他们使我的…我们的丈夫工作致死 |
[05:58] | They tried to blame them for this accident, | 他们想把责任推到他们身上 |
[06:00] | And now they want to pay ten years on their pensions? | 而现在又想支付十年的抚恤金了事 |
[06:03] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Underwood. | 我很抱歉 安德伍德太太 |
[06:04] | I don’t want you to apologize. | 我不想要你的道歉 |
[06:06] | I want them to apologize. | 我想要他们道歉 |
[06:07] | They don’t apologize. | 他们不会道歉的 |
[06:08] | Money is their apology. | 钱就是他们的歉意 |
[06:10] | Well, I guess then they must not be very sorry. | 那我想他们肯定没觉得非常抱歉 |
[06:13] | I think we should take it. | 我觉得我们应该接受 |
[06:16] | I-I… I need the money. | 我 我需要这笔钱 |
[06:17] | I’m a month away from sleeping in my car. | 一个月以后我就要搬到车里住了 |
[06:20] | My kids– They still cry for their dad at night. | 我的孩子 他们晚上还哭着要爸爸 |
[06:24] | Look at these bills. I… | 看看这些账单 我 |
[06:25] | They’re not even paying John’s overtime. | 他们甚至没支付约翰的加班费 |
[06:27] | Because they want to starve us into a settlement. | 因为他们就是想饿死我们了事 |
[06:29] | Let me talk to her again, | 我再跟她谈谈 |
[06:31] | See what they come back with. | 看他们有什么回应 |
[06:33] | But I think we all know we’re in the endgame here. | 但我想大家都知道现在已经进入最后阶段了 |
[06:37] | So, you’ve lost faith? | 你已经失去信心了吗 |
[06:39] | I believe cross national freight overworked your husbands | 我知道跨国货运公司让你丈夫工作过度 |
[06:43] | To the point of exhaustion. | 导致精疲力竭 |
[06:45] | I believe that’s why the train crashed, | 我相信这是导致意外的原因 |
[06:47] | But I can’t prove it. | 但我无法证明 |
[06:48] | And they can prove the train was moving too fast. | 而他们却能证明火车当时超速了 |
[07:00] | I’m sorry, Linda. | 我很遗憾 琳达 |
[07:05] | So, you still want these, | 那你们还要这些吗 |
[07:07] | Denial of overtime claims? | 拒绝加班的申请 |
[07:08] | Yes. Everything you have. | 要 你们手上的一切都要 |
[07:10] | We’re trying to build to a… | 我们正尝试… |
[07:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:16] | Would you just give me a moment? | 稍等一下好吗 |
[07:27] | Alicia, | 艾丽西娅 |
[07:29] | This offer is walking out the door in ten minutes. | 十分钟后 这个赔偿金的提议就失效了 |
[07:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:37] | This is the memo in our discovery. | 这是我们发现的备忘录 |
[07:40] | This is the same memo sent to our clients. | 这是发给我们委托人的同一份备忘录 |
[07:43] | They left off three names. | 他们漏掉了三个名字 |
[07:46] | You can go to yoga now. | 你可以去练瑜伽了 |
[07:49] | We’ll see you in court. | 我们法庭上见 |
[07:53] | The bottom line is | 重点是 |
[07:55] | Cross National Freight deliberately denied us discovery | 跨国货运公司故意向我们隐瞒了 |
[07:58] | By concealing Mr. Merriman and two other department heads. | 梅里曼先生和另外两名部门负责人 |
[08:00] | Your honor, no one has been denied discovery here. | 法官大人 我们没有隐瞒任何人 |
[08:03] | If names were left off documents, it was inadvertent. | 如果文件上有名字漏掉了 那也是无意的 |
[08:05] | Inadvertent? Is that what they’re calling wite-out these days? | 无意 这就是传说中的修正液吗 |
[08:09] | Your honor, that is just… | 法官大人 这是 |
[08:15] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[08:16] | But I find Mr. Gardener’s charges Personally offensive. | 可我觉得加德纳先生的指控纯属人身攻击 |
[08:18] | Mr. Merriman and these other two people | 梅里曼先生和另外两个人 |
[08:19] | Have nothing to do with overtime. | 跟加班的事无关 |
[08:21] | Then why were they cc’d on a letter denying it? | 那他们为什么要在副本中隐瞒 |
[08:25] | Mr. Gardner, you don’t have Enough here to convince a jury. | 加德纳先生 你没有足够的证据说服陪审团 |
[08:27] | Your honor, with all due respect… | 法官大人 我充满敬意的说… |
[08:29] | Don’t all due respect me, counselor. | 别对我充满敬意 律师 |
[08:30] | I’m not your high school gym teacher. | 我不是你的中学体育老师 |
[08:32] | On the other hand, Ms. Nyholm– | 另一方面 尼霍姆律师 |
[08:34] | Inadvertent, my ass. | “无意”纯属屁话 |
[08:36] | Mr. Gardner, how long would it take to depose these witnesses? | 加德纳先生 你需要多久来重新采集证词 |
[08:39] | To properly prepare and depose, I would say one month. | 要充分准备进行采集 我认为要一个月 |
[08:41] | You have three days. | 你有三天时间 |
[08:42] | Three? | 三天 |
[08:43] | But, your honor, that isn’t… | 但 法官大人 这不是 |
[08:44] | Now you have two days. | 现在你只有两天 |
[08:46] | Want to try for one? | 要不要只给一天 |
[08:47] | No, thank you, your honor. | 不 谢谢 法官大人 |
[08:48] | Your honor, if I could just interject here. | 法官大人 我想插一句话 |
[08:50] | These executives are very busy people. | 这些管理人员都是大忙人 |
[08:52] | Even two hours out of their work day… | 他们工作之余要抽出两小时空闲时间都很难 |
[08:54] | Ms. Nyholm, | 尼霍姆律师 |
[08:55] | You just gave Mr. Gardner back his third day. | 你刚让加德纳律师又得回了他的第三天 |
[08:56] | Would you like to give him a fourth? | 还想送他个第四天吗 |
[08:58] | – No, your honor. I’ll stop. – Good. | -不 法官大人 我打住 -很好 |
[09:00] | We’ll meet back here on friday | 我们周五再见 |
[09:02] | To decide whether a dismissal is in order. | 再来决定给一份赔偿金是否合适 |
[09:04] | Does anybody have anything to say? | 还有人要说什么吗 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:09] | Next case. | 下一个案子 |
[09:12] | Cancel everything. | 取消一切活动 |
[09:13] | For the next 72 hours, we eat, drink and sleep this case. | 接下来的72小时 我们要为这案子废寝忘食了 |
[09:32] | I wanna bring you a birthday cake. | 我本想给你带个生日蛋糕的 |
[09:36] | How’s everything at home, mom? | 家里怎么样 妈 |
[09:38] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[09:39] | She’s working too much, but that’s about it. | 她太热衷工作了 也就这样而已 |
[09:42] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅吗 |
[09:43] | What did I say? | 我说的是什么 |
[09:45] | Every time you refer to Alicia, you say “she.” | 你每次提起艾丽西娅都会用”她” |
[09:48] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[09:52] | Alicia came home last night at midnight, | 艾丽西娅昨晚半夜才回来 |
[09:55] | Left this morning at 6:00. | 今早六点又走了 |
[09:57] | I warned her about Diane Lockhart. | 我警告过她小心戴安·洛哈特 |
[10:00] | No, no, it’s the other one, Will Gardner. | 不 是另一个 威尔·加德纳 |
[10:02] | I mean, I’m glad they’re friends and all, | 我是说 我很高兴他们是朋友 |
[10:04] | But he needs to give her a break. | 但他也得让她休息一下 |
[10:06] | Day and night, she never stops. | 她从不休息 不分日夜 |
[10:11] | Okay, so the goal is this. | 好 我们的目标是这样 |
[10:12] | I’ll depose Merriman. | 我负责采集梅里曼的证词 |
[10:13] | He’s the VP of operations. | 他是业务副总裁 |
[10:15] | That’s who I think Patti’s hiding from us. | 这就是帕蒂在向我们隐瞒的人 |
[10:17] | The other two– What are their names? | 另外那两个 他们叫什么来着 |
[10:18] | Jonathan Eldredge and Sarah Conley. | 乔纳森·艾杰奇和莎拉·康利 |
[10:20] | He’s a systems engineer, and she’s in industry relations. | 他是系统工程师 而她则是业务人员 |
[10:22] | Okay, whatever you do, just keep the depos going. | 不管怎么做 总之要让盘问持续下去 |
[10:24] | Just keep asking questions | 不停地问问题 |
[10:26] | So judge Parks doesn’t pull the plug on this. | 让帕克斯法官无法打岔 |
[10:27] | Hopefully, I draw enough blood with Merriman, | 希望我有足够的精力去跟梅里曼周旋 |
[10:29] | They’ll up their offer. | 让他们提搞赔偿金额 |
[10:30] | Remember, the point isn’t to go back to court. | 记住 重点不是要上庭 |
[10:32] | The point is to get them to open their wallets further. | 重点是让他们把钱包开得更大 |
[10:34] | And you’re a mechanical systems manager. | 你是机械工程经理 |
[10:36] | – Is that correct, Mr. Eldredge? – Yes. | -对吗 艾杰奇先生 -是的 |
[10:38] | And this says That you ordered a new public-address system | 这里说 你为客运车订购了一个新的 |
[10:41] | For passenger cars. | 公共广播系统 |
[10:42] | Could you explain? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[10:43] | Standard upgrade. | 配置升级 |
[10:44] | And this says you authorized a new coupling mechanism. | 这里还说你授权了一个新的耦合器 |
[10:47] | – Is that right? – Yes. Standard upgrade. | -是这样吗 -是的 配置升级 |
[10:50] | And this says– Let’s see– | 还有 咱们来看看 |
[10:51] | That you replaced the automated lrs, | 你更换了自动激光测距系统 |
[10:54] | “Load regulator system.” | “负荷调节系统” |
[10:56] | Standard upgrade. | 配置升级 |
[10:58] | Your rail traffic has doubled in the last decade, | 你的铁路运输量在过去十年翻了一倍 |
[11:01] | But you’ve cut your crews in half, correct? | 但你却将员工裁掉了一半 对吗 |
[11:03] | There’s more automated equipment. | 自动化设备更多了 |
[11:04] | Trains are easier to drive. | 火车也更容易驾驶了 |
[11:05] | And yet it still takes the same amount of time to drive them. | 但驾驶起来仍要耗费同样多的时间 |
[11:08] | Let the record reflect | 让记录员记一下 |
[11:09] | That Mr. Merriman shrugged. | 梅里曼先生耸肩了 |
[11:11] | Let the record reflect, I shrugged, too. | 让记录员记一下 我也耸肩了 |
[11:13] | So, Ms. Conley, you’re saying you have nothing to do | 康利女士 你说你跟 |
[11:15] | With approving or denying overtime? | 批准或反对加班毫不相干 |
[11:17] | – That’s right. – And what about David Merriman? | -对 -那大卫·梅里曼呢 |
[11:18] | Has he ever approved or denied overtime? | 他有批准或反对加班吗 |
[11:20] | I don’t recall. | 我想不起来了 |
[11:21] | Did any of the accident victims work overtime | 在这次事故的前一周 |
[11:23] | The week before the lakeshore crash? | 事故中的受害人有谁加过班吗 |
[11:25] | – I don’t recall. | -我想不起来了 |
[11:26] | Did any of them routinely put in for overtime? | 他们中有谁曾经常申请加班吗 |
[11:28] | – I don’t recall. – Ms. Conley, are you married? | -我想不起来了 -康利女士 你结婚了吗 |
[11:30] | I don’t re… | 我想不起… |
[11:33] | Oh, I’m so sorry, Ms. Conley. | 真抱歉 康利太太 |
[11:35] | I’ve got three clients who lost their husbands– | 我刚接待了三位丧夫的委托人 |
[11:37] | Must have been a freudian slip. | 我一定是不小心口误了 |
[11:39] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[11:40] | These three employees had gone 24 hours without rest | 事故发生的时候 这三个员工已经不眠不休 |
[11:44] | When this accident occurred. | 连续工作了24小时 |
[11:45] | No, no, they work hard, sure, but… | 不 他们工作确实很努力 但是 |
[11:47] | You worked them hard, didn’t you? | 你强制他们努力的 不是吗 |
[11:49] | I did my job, Mr. Gardner. | 我只是做了我分内的之事 加德纳先生 |
[11:50] | And what was your job, Mr. Merriman? Tell us. | 你的工作到底是什么 梅里曼先生 说说看 |
[11:53] | We pay these people well– We expect results. | 我们付的酬劳很高 我们期望有所回报 |
[11:55] | You’re a lawyer, you work people hard here at your firm? | 你是律师 你会让你公司的员工努力工作吗 |
[11:58] | You bet your ass you do. This is america. | 你肯定会的 这里是美国 |
[12:00] | You work hard, get the job done, whatever it takes. | 你得努力工作 不惜一切代价完成工作 |
[12:02] | I think we should take a break. | 我觉得我们该休息一下 |
[12:04] | Definitely. | 肯定得休息了 |
[12:06] | Let Mr. Merriman recompose himself. | 让梅里曼先生冷静一下 |
[12:09] | This guy is a walking disaster. | 这家伙是个长了腿的祸害 |
[12:12] | No wonder they hid him from us. | 难怪他们要对我们隐瞒他 |
[12:14] | You should’ve seen Patti. | 你真该看看帕蒂的样子 |
[12:15] | She looked like she was ready to give birth right there. | 她就像准备好当场就要生了一样 |
[12:18] | How’d yours go? | 你那边怎么样了 |
[12:19] | Well, I know more about trains than I ever wanted. | 我现在对火车的了解比我想要的多得多 |
[12:22] | Just keep it going. | 继续查下去 |
[12:23] | Patti’s on the phone with her overlords | 帕蒂正在和她的大老板通话呢 |
[12:24] | Trying to up the offer. | 想要增加抚恤金 |
[12:25] | If she does, can you get the widows on the line? | 如果她做到了 你能接通那个寡妇吗 |
[12:27] | Yeah, Linda said she’d stay by the phone. | 可以 琳达说她会在电话旁边守着的 |
[12:28] | Thanks. You kept them together. | 谢谢 你把所有事情都安排妥当了 |
[12:30] | I know that hasn’t easy. | 我知道那不容易 |
[12:31] | Oh, I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[12:38] | You can just tell us the number, Patti. | 直接告诉我们数额吧 帕蒂 |
[12:40] | Have you ever known a fishing expedition to be free, Will? | 威尔 听说过为获自由而进行的审前调查吗 |
[12:43] | Three more days for discovery– | 三天的调查时间 |
[12:45] | – That went both ways. – Oh, come on. | -对咱们双方都适用 -得了吧 |
[12:47] | Our clients passed every company drug test… | 我们的客户通过了公司的每一项药检 |
[12:49] | Yes, but this wasn’t the company’s. | 是的 但这不是公司的药检结果 |
[12:51] | This was part of Underwood’s application | 这是车祸前一周 |
[12:52] | To renew his health insurance, a week before the crash. | 安德伍德要求续保他的医疗保险的部分申请 |
[12:55] | – Amphetamines? – That’s right. | -安非他命 -没错 |
[12:57] | Your client was on speed. | 你的客户服用了兴奋剂 |
[13:01] | When I was first starting out, I, uh, | 当我首次开始创业时 |
[13:03] | I got a terrific piece of advice, | 我得到了一个极妙的建议 |
[13:05] | And it’s always stuck with me, and this is it. | 我一直牢记于心 这条建议就是 |
[13:07] | Everything that happens in a courtroom… | 在法庭里发生的所有事情 |
[13:09] | Who did you say he was again? | 你说他是谁来着 |
[13:11] | Malcolm Overby. | 马尔科姆·奥维比 |
[13:14] | Yeah, I think I’ve heard of him. | 是 我想我听说过他 |
[13:16] | Back in the time of Clarence Darrow, | 在克拉伦斯·达罗[著名律师]的年代 |
[13:18] | It was a common practice for people to smoke in the courtroom. | 人们在法庭吸烟是很常见的 |
[13:20] | So, do you work with him? | 你是他的同事吗 |
[13:22] | Currently. | 目前是 |
[13:24] | Rumor is he might be going to another firm. | 有流言说他可能要跳槽去另一家公司 |
[13:26] | I just hope he takes me with him. | 我希望他能带我一起去 |
[13:28] | …cuban cigar and he starts smoking… | 他开始吸古巴夏湾拿雪茄 |
[13:33] | Would you excuse me? | 我接个电话好吗 |
[13:35] | It’s my mother. | 我妈妈打来的 |
[13:36] | I’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[13:40] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[13:40] | Cross National is throwing an insurance drug test at us for underwood. | 跨国货运拿出了一份安德伍德的保险药检报告 |
[13:43] | Could you check it out? | 你能调查一下吗 |
[13:45] | Sure, but tomorrow. | 当然 但明天才行 |
[13:46] | Uh, what? Why? What’s up? | 什么 为什么 怎么了 |
[13:49] | Diane’s asked me to do further work on Sheffrin-Marks. | 戴安要我对谢弗林公司做进一步调查 |
[13:55] | She what? | 什么 |
[13:58] | I’ve gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[14:03] | I can tell from your face, it’s not good. | 我能从你脸上看出来 情况不容乐观 |
[14:09] | The company has a drug test. | 公司做了一次药检 |
[14:12] | It says Jimmy had amphetamines in his system. | 吉米被查出体内含有安非他命 |
[14:19] | For the longest time | 长久以来 |
[14:22] | I didn’t think there was evil. | 我以为世上不存在恶魔 |
[14:24] | I just thought there were people who did good and bad things. | 我觉得只有做好事和做坏事的人 |
[14:28] | But now… | 但现在 |
[14:36] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:39] | That’s the kind of conversation Jimmy and I would have. | 我和吉米会谈论这样的话题 |
[14:43] | Linda, I have to ask, | 琳达 我必须得问 |
[14:45] | Did you know about this? | 这件事你知情吗 |
[14:46] | Alicia, | 艾丽西娅 |
[14:47] | Jimmy never did drugs. | 吉米从不吸毒 |
[14:51] | There’s nothing to know about. | 没什么好知情的 |
[14:54] | Go through your medicine cabinet. | 找一下你的药柜 |
[14:55] | Bring me every pill Jimmy’s ever taken, | 把吉米服用过的每一片药都给我 |
[14:57] | Every pill he could’ve accidentally taken of yours. | 每一片他可能误服的你的药都给我 |
[14:59] | Could you do that? | 可以吗 |
[15:05] | Are we gonna win? | 我们会胜诉吗 |
[15:08] | We’re gonna fight. | 我们要奋力一搏 |
[15:13] | Cole v. Wolensky. | 科尔·V·沃伦斯基说的 |
[15:15] | “Judge may exclude drug test” | “如果测试的手续有误” |
[15:17] | “If there’s been a violation of testing procedure.” | “法官就可以拒绝将药检的结果列为证物” |
[15:20] | Judge Parks would rather eat his own foot | 帕克斯法官宁愿吃了自己的脚 |
[15:22] | Than offer us relief on that. | 也不会给我们一点好处的 |
[15:24] | Kalinda have any leads? | 凯琳达那边有什么线索吗 |
[15:26] | I… | 我 |
[15:27] | No. | 没有 |
[15:28] | She’s doing something with Diane. | 她正在为戴安做事 |
[15:30] | For Diane? What? | 帮戴安 什么事 |
[15:32] | Something for sheffrin-marks. | 谢弗林公司的事 |
[15:39] | What? | 什么 |
[15:40] | We’ve got a power vacuum here. | 咱们这里现在权力真空了 |
[15:43] | It makes people do… | 让人们做出 |
[15:44] | Interesting things. | 有意思的事 |
[15:48] | Did she say anything about Malcolm Overby? | 她有提到过马尔科姆·奥维比吗 |
[15:52] | No. | 没有 |
[15:55] | Well, I’m giving up on law anyway. | 反正我快对法律绝望了 |
[15:59] | I’m sick of it. | 我厌烦了 |
[16:00] | Back to the minors? | 又回到年轻的时候了啊 |
[16:06] | I could’ve been a contender. | 我本来可以追你的 |
[16:09] | I liked watching you pitch. | 我喜欢听你发牢骚 |
[16:12] | Yeah, I had some moments. | 是啊 我有时候就是喜欢发牢骚 |
[16:20] | We’re the last ones here. | 这里就剩咱俩了 |
[16:21] | Yep. | 是的 |
[16:29] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[16:30] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[16:32] | Me, too. | 我也该走了 |
[16:40] | Yeah? | 您好 |
[16:40] | Yeah, Mr. Gardener. There’s a woman down here | 加德纳先生 楼下有个女人 |
[16:42] | Who insists on seeing Mrs. Florrick. | 坚持要见福瑞克律师 |
[16:46] | Oh, Ms. Conley, | 康利女士 |
[16:47] | Did you forget something? | 你有什么东西忘拿了吗 |
[16:48] | I’m not here. | 就当我没来过 |
[16:51] | I have a family. I can’t get messed up in this. | 我有家庭 不能让这个案子给搅和了 |
[16:53] | Okay. Let’s talk. | 好的 我们谈谈 |
[16:55] | No. | 不 |
[16:56] | It’s wrong what they’re doing. | 他们做的事是不对的 |
[16:59] | Blaming them with that drug test. | 通过药检把责任推给他们 |
[17:00] | Blaming them for something they… | 责怪他们… |
[17:01] | Something they…? | 他们… |
[17:07] | Newbury Heights. | 新伯里高地 |
[17:08] | Wait. What? | 等等 什么 |
[17:09] | Newbury Heights. | 新伯里高地 |
[17:10] | – I don’t know what you mean. – Find out. | -我不懂你的意思 -去搞懂吧 |
[17:29] | How old? | 多大了 |
[17:32] | Oh, I’m so stupid. | 我真蠢 |
[17:36] | I should’ve just shut up. | 我应该闭上嘴 |
[17:36] | I should’ve just kept walking. | 不该去找你的 |
[17:38] | But that would’ve been wrong. | 但那就错了 |
[17:42] | I thought you’d be different. | 我以为你会有所不同 |
[17:44] | I thought after what you went through… | 我以为在你经历了所有… |
[17:47] | With your family… | 你家里的事情后… |
[17:47] | And you come here to my house? | 而你却跑来了我家 |
[17:50] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:51] | – Then go. – I can’t. | -那就走吧 -不行 |
[17:53] | There are three mothers who are widows now, Mrs. Conley… | 现在有三个母亲成了寡妇 康利夫人 |
[17:56] | It’s not my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[17:57] | But it’s somebody’s fault. | 但那是某人的错 |
[18:02] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[18:03] | I looked into Newbury Heights. | 我查了新伯里高地 |
[18:05] | I couldn’t find anything. | 什么也没查到 |
[18:06] | I went back 50 years. | 我查了过去50年的记录 |
[18:07] | There’s never been an accident there. | 那里从来没出过车祸 |
[18:15] | It wasn’t an accident. | 不是车祸 |
[18:17] | It was a near miss. | 是侥幸免撞脱险 |
[18:20] | And it wasn’t one of our trains. | 而且是我们的一列火车 |
[18:24] | Right. | 对 |
[18:26] | Coming into Newbury heights, there’s a nine degree curve. | 进入新伯里高地 有个九度的转弯 |
[18:29] | That’s where we jumped the track. | 我们就是在那里脱轨的 |
[18:31] | Just managed to get the brake on before we hit the commuter train. | 正好在撞上市郊列车前刹住了车 |
[18:34] | Did anyone from your company ever identify the problem? | 你的公司有人鉴定了问题所在吗 |
[18:37] | Sure. Sure. | 当然 当然 |
[18:38] | They identified me. | 他们认定是我 |
[18:40] | Said I was going too fast. | 说我当时超速了 |
[18:41] | But the speed gauge never went above 32 mph. | 可速度表上从来没高于过32英里\小时 |
[18:44] | I thought it was mechanical. | 我想是机械方面的问题 |
[18:46] | Maybe a faulty pressure sensor. | 可能是压力传感器出错了 |
[18:47] | Isn’t the pressure sensor part of the load regulator sensor? | 压力传感器不是负荷调整感应器的一部分吗 |
[18:53] | Trains, you know. | 火车方面的知识 |
[18:55] | Love them. | 我很喜欢 |
[18:56] | So, if you upgraded the lrs, | 所以 如果你升级了激光测速系统 |
[19:00] | Wouldn’t you have to replace the pressure sensor, too? | 你不用把压力感应器也换一个吗 |
[19:02] | Yeah. Fact is, that’s what they did, | 要换 事实上 他们就是这么做的 |
[19:04] | After the near miss, | 在那次侥幸免撞逃脱后 |
[19:06] | they upgraded the lrs. | 他们升级了激光测速系统 |
[19:07] | Standard upgrade. | 配置升级 |
[19:09] | We’ve been going after the wrong thing– | 我们一直跟错对象了 |
[19:11] | Overtime records and not faulty equipment. | 加班记录和无失误的仪器 |
[19:14] | They erased those memos not to hide Merriman, | 他们删减备忘录不是要隐瞒梅里曼 |
[19:16] | But the structural engineer, our buddy Eldredge. | 而是要隐瞒结构工程师 咱们的艾杰奇伙计 |
[19:18] | If we can prove he was at newbury heights… | 如果我们能证明他曾在新伯里高地呆过 |
[19:19] | Yep. Previous knowledge. We’ll have a case, | 没错 占得先机 我们就掌握大局了 |
[19:21] | Even judge parks can’t kick. | 即使是帕克斯法官也奈何不了了 |
[19:22] | Here is the deal. We can’t let patti know we’re changing strategies. | 这样 不能让帕蒂知道我们改变策略了 |
[19:26] | I’ll keep deposing Merriman. | 我继续去跟梅里曼周旋 |
[19:27] | You re-depose Eldredge. | 你重新采集一下艾杰奇的证词 |
[19:29] | Be ready in ten minutes. | 十分钟内准备好 |
[19:30] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[19:31] | I think I have someone you’ll be more comfortable with. | 我找到个人 我想你会更满意 |
[19:34] | I worked 19 years as an assistant. | 我干助理这行19年了 |
[19:36] | We called them secretaries in my day. | 我们那时候管助理叫秘书 |
[19:40] | And are you comfortable with online research, Mrs. Plack? | 你可以适应在线研究吗 布莱克夫人 |
[19:43] | Online? | 在线 |
[19:45] | Oh, yeah, everything’s computers nowadays. | 哦 对 现在一切都电脑化了 |
[19:47] | Don’t worry, I’m a quick study. | 别担心 我学的很快的 |
[19:48] | Hey, I like your hair this way. | 我喜欢你这个发型 |
[19:50] | Yeah, I do. | 我真的喜欢 |
[19:52] | It looked so dowdy on TV, | 电视里那发型看起来太懒散了 |
[19:54] | Pulled back like that. | 像那样束到脑后 |
[19:55] | But that must’ve been a hard day, huh? | 不过那段日子一定很难熬吧 |
[19:59] | What’s the smoking policy here, anyway? | 对了 这里的吸烟政策是怎么规定的啊 |
[20:02] | What? I thought you two would have a lot in common. | 怎么了 我觉得你俩有很多共同点 |
[20:04] | That does not count as a preemptory. | 这可不算先发制人 |
[20:10] | Oh, Mr. Merriman’s is upstairs. | 梅里曼先生在楼上 |
[20:13] | Yes, I thought I’d sit in on this one today. | 是啊 我想我今天该出席这次询问 |
[20:16] | Get to know you better. | 以便更好的了解了解你 |
[20:19] | Great. | 很好 |
[20:21] | Please. | 请坐 |
[20:22] | Actually… | 实际上 |
[20:24] | Chairs aren’t really my friends these days. | 这些天我坐不了椅子 |
[20:26] | I think I’ll just stand. | 我想我就站着吧 |
[20:30] | So you’re Will’s new one? | 你是威尔的新任啊 |
[20:34] | Yes. I’m his new junior associate. | 是的 我是他的新初级律师 |
[20:36] | Yeah, that’s what I meant. | 是啊 我就是那个意思 |
[20:38] | The way you look actually.. | 你看起来就很像 |
[20:40] | I guess he finds you a challenge. | 我想他发现你是个挑战 |
[20:44] | Too many blond gigglers, | 金发碧眼 只会傻笑的太多了 |
[20:45] | And why not go for someone more substantial, | 为啥不找个更有内涵的呢 |
[20:47] | Someone with interesting history. | 找个过去很有意思的 |
[20:49] | Mrs. Nyholm. | 尼霍姆律师 |
[20:50] | I know how this works– | 我知道事情是怎么进行的 |
[20:52] | We’re going to try and get into each other’s heads, | 我们想试着读懂对方的思想 |
[20:54] | Try and unnerve each other. | 想激怒对方 |
[20:56] | Can I give you a little bit of advice? | 我能给你点小建议吗 |
[20:59] | After the past seven months, I’m vaccinated. | 在经历了过去的七个月后 我已经免疫了 |
[21:05] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[21:08] | Let’s get started. | 咱们开始吧 |
[21:10] | Mr. Eldredge, two months before the lakeshore crash, | 艾杰奇先生 在湖岸撞车事故两个月前 |
[21:12] | You authorized an upgrade of the load regulator system | 你核准升级了跨国货运公司所有列车的 |
[21:15] | On all cross national freight trains. | 激光测距系统 |
[21:17] | Can you explain why? | 能解释一下原因吗 |
[21:18] | There wasn’t just one reason. | 原因不只一个 |
[21:20] | It was a change we’d planned for some time. | 这次更换我们已经计划了一段时间了 |
[21:28] | And what about the lrs in the train that crashed, | 那出事的火车上的激光测距系统情况如何呢 |
[21:31] | Did you replace that one? | 你们更换了那一个吗 |
[21:32] | I don’t believe we did. | 我想我们没有 |
[21:35] | The-the upgrade takes some time, | 升级要花费一些时间 |
[21:37] | And we couldn’t have all of our engines out of commission at once. | 而且我们不能一次就把所有引擎都淘汰了 |
[21:40] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[21:42] | Tell me about Newbury Heights, | 跟我说说新伯里高地吧 |
[21:43] | Mr. Eldredge. | 艾杰奇先生 |
[21:46] | What? | 什么 |
[21:49] | Tell me about it. | 跟我说说 |
[21:50] | It’s, uh… | 是… |
[21:53] | I don’t know what you mean. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[21:55] | June 21, you went to Newbury Heights | 6月21号 你去了新伯里高地 |
[21:57] | To check out a near miss collision, isn’t that right? | 去检查一起侥幸免撞逃脱事故 对吗 |
[22:01] | Would you like to take a break? | 要不要休息一下 |
[22:02] | If you were to learn there was a problem | 如果你发现你们的火车上 |
[22:05] | With a piece of equipment on your trains, Mr. Eldredge, | 有一个设备出现了问题 艾杰奇先生 |
[22:06] | You’d replace the part, wouldn’t you? | 你会进行更换的 不是吗 |
[22:08] | – Of course I would. – And you’d make sure that | -我当然会 -而且你还会确保 |
[22:10] | No trains were operating with unsafe equipment? | 没有火车被装上了不安全的设备 对吧 |
[22:12] | Look, I know what you’re thinking. | 听着 我知道你在想什么 |
[22:13] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[22:14] | I never once… | 我从来没有 |
[22:18] | My apologies. | 真抱歉 |
[22:23] | We’re gonna have to break this off here. | 我们得打断一下这次询问了 |
[22:24] | Oh, come on. Objection. | 不是吧 反对 |
[22:26] | Let the record reflect | 让记录员记一下 |
[22:28] | Deposition was suspended for medical reasons. | 采集证词由于医疗原因被取消了 |
[22:30] | And again, I-I apologize. | 再次表示歉意 抱歉 |
[22:32] | Mr. Eldredge. | 艾杰奇先生 |
[22:40] | Sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[22:42] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[22:55] | Hi, Jackie. It’s me. | 杰姬 是我 |
[22:57] | I saw that you called. | 我看到你打来过 |
[23:14] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[23:16] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[23:17] | Zach? | 扎克 |
[23:24] | It’s you! | 是你 |
[23:27] | I… I missed you. | 我…我想死你了 |
[23:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:40] | Grace. | 格雷斯 |
[23:42] | Go to him. | 过去吧 |
[23:44] | Grace. | 格雷斯 |
[23:45] | Happy birthday, dad. | 生日快乐 爸爸 |
[23:51] | So, you still a fish or what? | 所以你仍是条网中之鱼还是什么 |
[23:56] | Yep, still a fish. | 是啊 还是条网中之鱼 |
[23:58] | Just like in oz. | 就像在《监狱风云》里一样 |
[24:00] | They do shakedowns every day? | 每天都会临时整顿吗 |
[24:03] | Your honor, Will Gardner. This is my third message. | 法官大人 我是威尔·加德纳 这是我三次留言了 |
[24:05] | Defense counsel’s interrupted deposition for the day and we… | 辩方律师今天打断了取证过程 |
[24:09] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[24:12] | He’s lying. | 他在说谎 |
[24:15] | What? | 什么 |
[24:16] | He knew exactly what Newbury Heights was. | 他很清楚新伯里高地是什么意思 |
[24:18] | He said he was in the office all day. | 他说他一整天都在办公室里 |
[24:20] | But you have to swipe that every time you exit and ente | 可每次进出都必须刷那张卡 |
[24:23] | Which means we can tell exactly | 也就是说 我们能准确的指出 |
[24:24] | What time he came and went. | 他来去的时间 |
[24:27] | I can’t get the judge on the phone, | 我无法让法官接电话 |
[24:29] | But if I hurry, I’ll catch him. | 但我要是抓紧点 就能碰上他 |
[24:31] | – What are you doing? – Getting a court order | -你要干嘛 -去要一份法庭指令 |
[24:32] | For Cross National Freight’s security records. | 要求查看跨国货运公司的安全记录 |
[24:35] | Find kalinda, tell her to meet me down at the courthouse. | 去找凯琳达 让她去法院找我 |
[25:19] | Oh, listen, I’ll call you about that… | 对了 我会给你打电话说那个… |
[25:36] | Diane has a boyfriend. | 戴安有一个男朋友 |
[25:53] | What’s the occasion? | 要去什么场合啊 |
[25:55] | Work. | 工作 |
[25:56] | It’s just so pretty. | 这太漂亮了 |
[25:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:00] | What time did you get in? | 你什么时候回来的 |
[26:02] | Late. You were asleep. | 很晚了 你已经睡了 |
[26:03] | Thanks, by the way. | 顺便说一句 谢谢啊 |
[26:04] | This should be the last late night for a while. | 今天应该是这段时间最后一次晚归了 |
[26:06] | I took Grace and Zach to see Peter. | 我带格雷斯和扎克去探望彼得了 |
[26:14] | You did what? | 什么 |
[26:16] | I took Grace and Zach to see their father for his birthday. | 我带格雷斯和扎克去给他们的爸爸过生日 |
[26:20] | Jackie, I-I… | 杰姬 我 我 |
[26:23] | I-I’m thunderstruck. | 我太震惊了 |
[26:24] | I tried to phone you. | 我试过打给你的 |
[26:25] | You tried to phone me? | 你试过打给我 |
[26:28] | We discussed this. | 我们讨论过这个问题了 |
[26:30] | I was taking them next week. | 我本来要下周带他们去的 |
[26:31] | It worked out perfectly, seeing him. | 这次探访非常顺利 |
[26:33] | They were perfect. | 他们相处得很好 |
[26:35] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[26:36] | I am their mother. | 我是他们的母亲 |
[26:38] | It is my decision. | 我说了算 |
[26:41] | This of all things is my decision! | 这事由我做决定 |
[26:44] | I’m sorry. It was spontaneous. | 对不起 事情自然而然就发生了 |
[26:46] | You don’t supervise my kids spontaneously. | 你不能自然而然就管我的孩子 |
[26:49] | You don’t take them to prison. | 你不能把他们带去监狱 |
[26:51] | You don’t just try and phone me. | 你不能只是试着打给我 |
[26:53] | You phone me. | 你必须打给我 |
[26:54] | You respect me as a mother | 你要么尊重我这个当妈的 |
[26:56] | or you leave. | 要么走人 |
[26:58] | I am doing the best I can. | 我已经尽我所能了 |
[27:00] | Well, join the club. | 不用你尽力 |
[27:07] | Overby’s firm is well capitalized, | 奥维比的公司资金状况良好 |
[27:11] | Excellent client base, | 有很好的客户基础 |
[27:13] | No ethics charges, | 没有道德方面的起诉 |
[27:15] | No bankruptcies, no judgments. | 没有破产 没有受审记录 |
[27:17] | But are you sure that’s what you’re looking for? | 可你确定这就是你想知道的吗 |
[27:20] | I… Don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:21] | Should I be looking for something else? | 我还应该知道些什么吗 |
[27:23] | Well, that’s like asking a dentist | 这问题就像在问牙医 |
[27:25] | Whether you should brush. | 你该不该刷牙 |
[27:29] | See what you can find out. | 再找找看 |
[27:30] | And, Kalinda, again, this is just between you and me. | 再强调一次 凯琳达 这事只有你知我知 |
[27:32] | You understand? | 明白吧 |
[27:33] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[27:39] | Do you know how much you pay jury consultants? | 你知道你该付给陪审团顾问多少工资吗 |
[27:43] | No. | 不知道 |
[27:44] | $100,000 for three months work. | 三个月十万 |
[27:46] | That sounds about right. | 听起来挺合理 |
[27:48] | Do you know how much I make? | 知道我的工资是多少吗 |
[27:50] | I have a feeling I’m finding out. | 我猜你正打算告诉我 |
[27:51] | A fourth of that. | 他们的四分之一 |
[27:53] | That sounds outrageous. | 太不合理了 |
[27:55] | Yeah, it does, doesn’t it? | 是啊 确实不合理 是吧 |
[28:05] | Subpoenaed records of security entrances | 通过传票拿到的五月到八月的 |
[28:08] | – From may to august. – Thanks. | -进出记录 -谢谢 |
[28:09] | So, Kalinda, can I ask you… | 凯琳达 我能问一下吗 |
[28:12] | This thing you’re doing with Diane, | 你帮戴安做的这件事 |
[28:14] | Does it have anything to do with Malcolm Overby? | 跟马尔科姆·奥维比有关吗 |
[28:16] | No. | 无关 |
[28:18] | It doesn’t? | 无关吗 |
[28:18] | No, you can’t ask me. | 不 你不能问我 |
[28:20] | It’s just… | 只不过 |
[28:22] | If he’s coming on as a third partner, | 如果他将成为我们的合作伙伴 |
[28:24] | Will should know. | 威尔理应知情 |
[28:27] | You can’t ask me and I can’t tell you | 你不能问我 我也不能告诉你 |
[28:29] | But don’t conclude from what I’m saying it’s what you think. | 但别从我的话里得出你想要的结论 |
[28:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:37] | Can you be any more specific? | 能再具体点吗 |
[28:40] | No. | 不行 |
[28:48] | Wait, here’s the date, june 21. | 找到日期了 6月21日 |
[28:50] | It would take him about two hours | 到达新伯里高地 |
[28:52] | To get out to Newbury Heights. | 得花两个小时 |
[28:53] | He leaves the office at 6:42 p.m., | 他于下午6:42 出发 |
[28:56] | And he comes back… | 然后 |
[28:57] | – An hour later. – That’s not enough time. | -一小时后就回来了 – 时间不够 |
[29:00] | What about the next day? | 接下来那一天呢 |
[29:03] | Same thing. 9:48 p.m., | 同样的 晚上9:48出去 |
[29:06] | Comes back at 10:33 p.m. | 当晚10:33回来 |
[29:09] | Wait. | 等等 |
[29:11] | That’s someone else. | 还有一个人 |
[29:12] | Oh, you’re right. That’s Sarah Conley. | 没错 是莎拉·康利 |
[29:15] | Oh, here he is. | 这里又有他了 |
[29:17] | Eldredge… | 艾杰奇 |
[29:18] | He left and came back a few minutes later. | 他出去了几分钟就回来了 |
[29:22] | That’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[29:23] | – What? – Look. | -怎么了 -看 |
[29:24] | See, here it is again. | 这里又有他 |
[29:26] | Sarah Conley leaves within a few minutes of Eldredge, | 艾杰奇刚走 莎拉就出去了 |
[29:28] | She comes back a few minutes after him. | 他回来后几分钟 她也回来了 |
[29:32] | Same here, 9:30 p.m. | 这里也是 晚上9:30 |
[29:36] | Me, too… | 我这边也有 |
[29:38] | 8:45 p.m. | 晚上8:45 |
[29:39] | And on august 5, the night of the lakeshore crash, | 8月5号事发当晚 |
[29:42] | Same thing. | 也是这样 |
[29:44] | They’re always the last two working together at night. | 他们俩晚上总是最晚下班的 |
[29:46] | Yeah, well, so are we. | 是啊 我俩也是 |
[29:49] | Yeah, but they’re leaving and returning | 是 但他俩每次进出的时间 |
[29:50] | Within a few minutes of each other on foot. | 就相隔几分钟 |
[29:54] | And you know what’s across from their building? | 知道他们的办公楼对面是什么吗 |
[29:57] | The Stanford Plaza hotel. | 斯坦福广场酒店 |
[30:02] | I think they were having an affair. | 我想他们俩搞在一起了 |
[30:15] | Jonathan Eldredge is denying everything. | 乔纳森·艾杰奇否认了一切 |
[30:17] | That’s not my problem. | 又不是我的问题 |
[30:19] | All the nights you went | 但你在晚上 |
[30:20] | To the hotel with him across the street, | 跟他去街对面的酒店开房 |
[30:23] | That is your problem. | 就是你的问题了 |
[30:27] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[30:29] | Sarah, I don’t care about your personal life. | 莎拉 我不想干涉你的私生活 |
[30:31] | That’s your business. | 那是你自己的事 |
[30:33] | All I care about is what he said to you | 我只想知道事发当晚 |
[30:36] | The night of the accident, that’s all. | 他对你说了什么 仅此而已 |
[30:52] | He wanted to talk; he was so upset. | 他想倾诉 他很不安 |
[30:58] | He said he knew for a while | 他说有一瞬间他知道了 |
[30:59] | There was a problem with the pressure sensor. | 压力传感器有问题 |
[31:00] | He’d been trying to fix it quietly. | 他想偷偷把它修好 |
[31:05] | Sarah, I need to demonstrate | 莎拉 我必须证明 |
[31:07] | That Eldredge knew about the problem | 艾杰奇在事发前 |
[31:08] | Before the accident. | 就知道这个问题 |
[31:10] | But there’s no document, there’s no smoking gun, | 但没有任何资料 也没有确凿证据 |
[31:12] | And I don’t have the time to find one. | 我也没时间去找 |
[31:15] | All I’ve got is you. | 我只能找你 |
[31:17] | I can’t testify! | 我不能作证 |
[31:19] | This isn’t about the affair, Sarah. | 这跟外遇无关 莎拉 |
[31:21] | This is about the accident. | 这关系到此次事故 |
[31:23] | The only way I know about the accident | 我会知道这次事故就是因为 |
[31:24] | Is because of the affair, and I will have to talk about it. | 我有外遇 所以我得曝光外遇的事 |
[31:26] | If I don’t, they’ll bring it up. | 我不说他们也会提起 |
[31:30] | They’ll say I’m getting back at him, | 他们会说我是为了报复他 |
[31:33] | That I’m bitter. | 我恨他 |
[31:34] | You know how they’ll twist this around. | 你知道他们多能歪曲事实 |
[31:37] | There’s no other way. | 没有其他办法了 |
[31:41] | I’m sorry, hon. Dylan only wants you. | 对不起 亲爱的 迪伦只要你 |
[31:46] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[31:47] | Yeah, fine. | 没事 |
[31:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:57] | How old did you say Dylan was? | 你刚才说迪伦多大了 |
[32:00] | Three months. | 三个月 |
[32:07] | It’s not just me. | 这仅关系到我 |
[32:10] | It’s my husband, it’s my other kids, | 还关系到我的丈夫 我的其他几个孩子 |
[32:14] | It’s a baby. | 这是个小生命 |
[32:17] | They have nothing to do with this, | 我的家人跟这件事毫无关联 |
[32:18] | But if you make me testify… | 但如果你要我作证 |
[32:22] | Please don’t do to me what somebody did to you. | 求求你 别让我经历你所经历的 |
[32:31] | Wow, you are really obsessed with him. | 你真的对他很着迷啊 |
[32:32] | Not obsessed. Intrigued. | 不是着迷 只是感兴趣 |
[32:36] | So, is he seeing anyone? | 他有女朋友吗 |
[32:39] | So that’s what this is about. | 原来是这么回事 |
[32:40] | – You want me to introduce you? – No. | -要我把你介绍给他吗 -不 |
[32:42] | – I was just… – Introduce whom? | -我只是 -介绍谁 |
[32:46] | Malcolm Overby. | 马尔科姆·奥维比 |
[32:48] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[32:49] | Kalinda what? | 贵姓 |
[32:51] | Kalinda Smith. | 凯琳达·史密斯 |
[32:55] | Uh, I’m a lawyer. | 我是律师 |
[32:57] | My firm threw this party. | 这个派对是我公司办的 |
[33:00] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[33:02] | I crash other people’s parties. | 我专门搞砸别人的派对 |
[33:09] | So, if I gave you my card, | 要是我给你我的名片 |
[33:12] | What are the chances you’d use it? | 你会把它用来做什么 |
[33:15] | I’d say pretty good. | 用在好的地方 |
[33:24] | Use it however you want. | 想怎么用怎么用 |
[33:33] | So, I take it you have some information. | 我想你是有所发现了 |
[33:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:40] | I looked deeper into Mr. Overby, | 我深入调查了一下奥维比先生 |
[33:42] | And I don’t think he’s a good candidate for partnership. | 我觉得他不适合跟我们合作 |
[33:45] | Based on my investigation, | 根据我的调查 |
[33:47] | He appears to be nonexclusive. | 他似乎不太专一 |
[33:51] | Nonexclusive? | 不太专一 |
[33:52] | In pursuit of other options. | 吃着碗里的 望着锅里的 |
[33:53] | Openly in pursuit. | 毫不避讳 |
[33:57] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[33:59] | Positive. | 确定 |
[34:04] | The firm can do better. | 我们公司可以有更好的人选 |
[34:07] | Well, thank you, Kalinda, | 凯琳达 谢谢你 |
[34:08] | For your discretion in this matter. | 对这件事的谨慎处理 |
[34:11] | Always. | 随时效劳 |
[34:13] | Kalinda, let’s talk tomorrow about renegotiating your contract. | 凯琳达 明天咱俩说说你合同的事 |
[34:17] | I’d like that. | 好的 |
[34:34] | This is it. | 这些就是 |
[34:36] | Every pill in our medicine cabinet. | 我们药箱里的所有药 |
[34:39] | And this… This is a prescription Jimmy got | 这个 是事故前一个月 |
[34:42] | A month before the accident. | 吉米得到的药方 |
[34:43] | It’s for allergies. | 是用来治过敏的 |
[34:46] | Do you think that could be it? | 你觉得有可能是这个引起的吗 |
[34:49] | It could be. | 有可能 |
[34:50] | The drug test didn’t screen for pseudoephedrine. | 药品检测没有查出伪麻黄碱 |
[34:52] | Not in this dosage. | 这种药量检测不出来 |
[34:56] | Thanks, Linda. | 谢谢 琳达 |
[34:59] | Have a good night. | 晚安 |
[35:00] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[35:12] | Was it frightening? | 监狱可怕吗 |
[35:14] | No. | 不 |
[35:15] | I just… I don’t like him in there. | 我只是不喜欢监狱里的他 |
[35:18] | I like seeing dad in a suit. | 我喜欢看老爸穿制服的样子 |
[35:20] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[35:23] | So, you’re okay? | 你还好吧 |
[35:24] | Yeah, I mean, I’m mad at him, | 我没事 我虽然生他的气 |
[35:28] | But he’s still dad. | 但他始终是我爸爸 |
[35:32] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[35:33] | You look sad. | 你不开心 |
[35:34] | No. | 没有 |
[35:36] | It’s just this case I’m working on. | 只是我现在处理这个的案子 |
[35:38] | Might have to do something I don’t want to. | 可能需要我做一些不想做的事情 |
[35:41] | Something? | 不想做的事 |
[35:43] | You know, like what happened to us. | 跟咱家经历的这些事很像 |
[35:47] | Well, you said “might.” | 你不是说”可能”吗 |
[35:48] | Is there another way? | 还别的办法吗 |
[35:51] | Not that I can think of. | 我还没想出来 |
[35:54] | Well, you’re a lawyer, right? | 你是个律师 是吧 |
[35:55] | You have to represent your client. | 你得为你的当事人考虑 |
[35:59] | Even if it means hurting another family? | 即使那意味着要伤害另一个家庭吗 |
[36:05] | Well, if you didn’t, | 如果不那样的话 |
[36:06] | You’d just hurt your client, right? | 你就会伤害你的当事人 不是吗 |
[36:09] | You have to do your job. | 你得做你该做的事 |
[36:11] | You can’t just not do your job. | 你不能逃避工作 |
[36:21] | So three days later, and you still | 3天过去了 |
[36:23] | Have depositions to conduct? | 你们还要录新证词吗 |
[36:24] | Your honor, Ms. Nyholm stomped out | 法官大人 2天前 |
[36:27] | Of Mr. Eldredge’s deposition | 尼霍姆女士破门而出 |
[36:28] | Two days ago, and we have been constrained | 打断了艾杰奇先生的证词 |
[36:30] | With questioning Mrs. Conley and Mr. Eldredge ever since. | 我们一直没机会询问康利女士和艾杰奇先生 |
[36:33] | As melodramatic | 加德纳先生刚才的陈述 |
[36:33] | As Mr. Gardner’s account is, | 实在太戏剧化了 |
[36:35] | Your honor, I think the last time | 法官大人 我记得我上次破门而出 |
[36:36] | I stomped out of anywhere was the third grade. | 已经是三年级时候的事了 |
[36:39] | Unless I’ve grown bigger than I thought. | 除非我比我想象得还肥得多 |
[36:43] | Uh, we ask, your honor, | 法官大人 我们请求 |
[36:44] | For an open deposition, so that you may rule… | 证人出庭作证 便于你裁决… |
[36:46] | They’re going to force her to testify in open court? | 他们要她公开出庭作证吗 |
[36:49] | If she denies the affair, | 如果她否认婚外情 |
[36:51] | They’ll accuse her of perjury. | 就可以告她做伪证 |
[36:52] | Then, everything she says | 那么在法庭上她的全部证词 |
[36:53] | In court will get thrown out. | 将被视为无效 |
[36:55] | Who are you deposing? | 你们要询问的证人是谁 |
[36:58] | Ms. Sarah Conley, your honor. | 莎拉·康利女士 法官大人 |
[37:12] | Please don’t do this. | 请别这么做 |
[37:13] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:26] | Mrs. Conley, what did Mr. Jonathan eldredge | 康利女士 8月5号晚上 |
[37:29] | Tell you on the night of august 5, | 火车脱轨几小时后 |
[37:31] | A few hours after the lakeshore crash? | 乔纳森·艾杰奇跟你说过什么 |
[37:33] | Objection, your honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[37:34] | No foundation. | 没有事实根据 |
[37:36] | Ms. Florrick has yet to establish access. | 福瑞克律师凭空建立联系 |
[37:38] | Your honor, do we need to establish access? | 法官大人 我们还用建立什么联系吗 |
[37:40] | They work in the same company. | 他们在同一家公司工作 |
[37:42] | But in vastly different departments. | 但隶属两个截然不同的部门 |
[37:44] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[37:48] | Ms. Conley, where were you on the evening of August 5 | 康利女士 8月5号那晚 |
[37:50] | After the lakeshore crash? | 事故发生之后 你在何处 |
[37:59] | I was in a hotel room downtown. | 我在市中心一家宾馆 |
[38:02] | Were you alone? | 你一个人吗 |
[38:06] | No. | 不是 |
[38:09] | I was with Jonathan Eldredge. | 我跟乔纳森·艾杰奇在一起 |
[39:15] | Mr. Harkin, can… Can you hear us? | 哈金先生 能听清吗 |
[39:17] | No, no, that’s good enough. | 够清楚了 |
[39:21] | Where is your assistant? | 你的助理呢 |
[39:22] | I don’t know. She quit. | 我不知道 她辞职了 |
[39:23] | It’s very hard to find a good assistant these days. | 现在想找个好助理太难了 |
[39:26] | Mr. Harkin, I’m going to make our final offer now. | 哈金先生 我要给出咱们的底线了 |
[39:28] | Go ahead. | 好的 |
[39:38] | I think you can see this meets | 我想你们可以看到 |
[39:39] | All of your demands and then some. | 这满足了你们所有要求 甚至更多 |
[39:41] | And one condition that we don’t go to trial. | 只有一个条件 就是我们不上庭 |
[39:45] | I think we can handle that. | 我想我们能达成共识 |
[39:46] | There is one other thing. | 还有件事 |
[39:50] | They want an apology. | 她们需要一个道歉 |
[39:51] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[39:53] | Fine. | 好的 |
[39:55] | Mr. Harkin? | 哈金先生 |
[39:56] | Just settle this thing, will you? | 把这件事解决了就行 行吗 |
[40:04] | Well, Patti… | 帕蒂 |
[40:06] | It’s always a pleasure. | 跟你共事总是很愉快 |
[40:08] | Until next time. | 下次见 |
[40:12] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克律师 |
[40:40] | Excuse me. You got a minute? | 打扰下 有空吗 |
[40:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:43] | This one looks pretty good, and if you don’t like this one, | 这个看上去不错 如果你不喜欢的话 |
[40:46] | I think we need to start looking at the new crop of ivy leaguers. | 就得找那些常春藤毕业的新生了 |
[40:51] | Courtney, this is Alicia Florrick. | 考特尼 这位是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[40:53] | Hi. | 你好 |
[40:55] | Hi. | 你好 |
[41:20] | I didn’t expect you. | 没想到是你 |
[41:22] | Spur of the moment. | 只是突发奇想 就来看看 |
[41:23] | Sorry I missed your birthday. | 很抱歉我错过了你的生日 |
[41:25] | The kids said the visit went well. | 孩子们说探访进行得不错 |
[41:27] | Yeah, they… They look great. | 是啊 他们看上去很好 |
[41:32] | Zach’s almost as tall as I am. | 扎克都快跟我一样高了 |
[41:35] | Three months, then suddenly, boom. | 3个月一眨眼就过去了 |
[41:43] | Mom tells me you’re working on a hard case. | 妈跟我说你正处理一个棘手的案子 |
[41:48] | I guess you’re putting in a lot of hours with Will. | 你一定花了很多时间去请教威尔 |
[41:56] | A lot of time to think about things in here. | 在这里有很多时间去想事情 |
[41:59] | A lot of time out there, too. | 在外面也有很多时间 |
[42:02] | He’s not what he seems, alicia. | 他表里不一 艾丽西娅 |
[42:04] | Peter, if it’s one thing I’m learning… | 彼得 如果说我学会了一件事 |
[42:07] | Nobody is. | 那就是没人表里如一 |
[42:08] | Gardner acts like he’s this good guy | 加德纳看起来是个好好先生 |
[42:11] | And he’s everybody’s best friend, | 是所有人的好朋友 |
[42:12] | But I could tell you a few things about him. | 但我可以告诉你他的另一些事 |
[42:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:23] | Can we…Can we at least acknowledge | 我们是不是可以承认 |
[42:27] | How ironic this conversation is? | 这种谈话有多讽刺 |
[42:33] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:38] | I was thinking about our apartment on 81st street. | 我一直很想念咱们在81号大街的家 |
[42:41] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[42:42] | No air-conditioning. | 没有空调 |
[42:44] | It was so hot you’d… You’d run around | 很热很热 |
[42:46] | In that t-shirt you got from the mexican restaurant below. | 你穿着件墨西哥餐馆搞来的T恤 忙里忙外 |
[42:51] | All I could think was, | 我当时能想到的就是 |
[42:52] | God, you were the most beautiful woman in the world. | 老天 你是这个世界上最美丽的女人 |
[42:55] | Then? | 只是以前 |
[42:56] | No. Then and now. | 不 以前和现在都是 |
[43:00] | I don’t want to lose you. | 我不想失去你 |
[43:01] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[43:03] | I lost my way. | 我迷失了方向 |
[43:04] | I… I got on a power trip. | 陷入权利的漩涡 |
[43:05] | Don’t. | 别说了 |
[43:07] | Don’t blame it on that. | 别把什么都往那上面推 |
[43:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[43:15] | No, it’s me. | 对 是我的问题 |
[43:16] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[43:20] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[43:24] | But don’t give up on me. | 但别放弃我 |
[43:29] | Come on, don’t give up on me. | 拜托 别放弃我 |