时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You want me to testify at his bail hearing? | 你想让我在他的保释听证会上作证吗 |
[00:05] | We need to show the judge that Peter will have a safe, | 我们需要向法官证明 彼得获保释后 |
[00:07] | Stable living situation if he’s out on bail, and that | 能拥有稳定的住所 |
[00:10] | He will be welcomed home. | 而且他的家庭也愿意接纳他 |
[00:11] | – Dad told us he made mistakes. – Yeah, but not that. | -爸爸说过他犯了错误 -是 但不是这样的错 |
[00:14] | What’s next for Peter Florrick? | 接下来彼得·福瑞克有什么计划 |
[00:15] | I gotta go into that courtroom in the next | 未来的几周 我将走上法庭 |
[00:17] | Few weeks and win this appeal. | 争取赢得这次上诉 |
[00:19] | Bail is hereby denied. | 保释因此取消 |
[00:20] | This court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[00:22] | Peter didn’t make bail. | 彼得没获保释 |
[00:25] | My next guest has spent quality time with some | 下一位出场的嘉宾曾与芝加哥政坛 |
[00:28] | Of the biggest political names in Chicago politics, | 几位风云人物共度美好时光 |
[00:30] | And she’s working on a shocking tell-all book. | 如今她正在撰写一本震惊世人的揭秘书 |
[00:34] | Please welcome Amber Madison. | 欢迎安贝儿·麦迪逊 |
[00:41] | – Hi, how are you? – So nice to meet you. | -你好吗 -幸会 |
[00:44] | So this D.A…. | 这位地方检察官… |
[00:46] | Now, did he…? | 他以前… |
[00:47] | – Uh, state’s attorney. – Okay. | -是州检察官 -好吧 |
[00:49] | Right, whatever, this D.A…. | 管他呢 这位地方检察官 |
[00:50] | So now, | 那么 |
[00:51] | Did he, um, suck on your toes all the time | 以前他经常给你舔足 |
[00:54] | Or was that just, like, a one-time shot? | 还是只舔了一次试试 |
[00:56] | It was a… Two-time thing. | 有两次吧 |
[00:58] | Well, of course, | 当然啦 |
[00:59] | I mean, once you shrimp on somebody once, | 一旦舔过一次 |
[01:01] | You kind of have to follow up with another sucking session. | 很难不想再来一次 |
[01:04] | And what’s the most disgusting thing | 他让你为他做过的最下流的服务 |
[01:06] | That he ever asked you to do to him? | 是什么呢 |
[01:08] | Uh, well… | 这个… |
[01:10] | Like really, really disgusting. | 非常非常下流的服务 |
[01:11] | It wasn’t the most disgusting, | 算不上最下流啦 |
[01:13] | But he… | 不过他… |
[01:17] | Kids, breakfast! | 孩子们 来吃早饭 |
[01:22] | This is something new I found at the market. | 我在市场上看到一个新玩意儿 |
[01:25] | It’s called fruit. | 叫做水果 |
[01:26] | I thought we’d give it a try this morning. | 我想今早我们可以吃吃看 |
[01:28] | You’re really happy this morning. | 你今早心情真不错啊 |
[01:29] | Yes, I started drinking earlier. | 对啊 我早上喝过一点儿酒 |
[01:33] | Okay, something is going on. | 说吧 出了什么事 |
[01:35] | No, we just have to get to school. | 没 我们要去学校了 |
[01:39] | Love you, mom. | 我爱你 妈妈 |
[01:41] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你们 |
[01:45] | Look, Amber Madison is yesterday’s news. | 安贝儿·麦迪逊是过气的新闻了 |
[01:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:49] | She’d say anything to sell a book. | 她为了卖书什么都敢说 |
[01:50] | It doesn’t warrant a comment. | 无需回应 |
[01:51] | Miss Poole, he’s not in court. | 普尔女士 他没在法庭 |
[01:53] | I put him in the jury room. | 我让他去陪审团休息室了 |
[01:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:59] | I don’t think we’ll need damage control. | 我觉得没必要花太多时间处理这事 |
[02:01] | It’s just gossip page fodder. | 不过是八卦版聊资 |
[02:02] | I’m not getting political calls. | 我没接到政治性的电话 |
[02:05] | – Who is she? – He’s trying his wife. | -跟谁通话呢 -他在联系他老婆 |
[02:06] | I usually don’t ask this, but how much is true? | 我一般不问这个 但安贝儿说的 可信度多高 |
[02:10] | From what I can tell, not much. | 要我说 不高 |
[02:11] | So what are we dealing with? | 这事什么性质 |
[02:12] | A call girl stretching her 15 minutes | 一个应召女 不甘心太早退场 |
[02:13] | To 20 or…? | 趁机炒作 还是… |
[02:14] | Or…? | 什么 |
[02:15] | I had a married client who had a girlfriend | 我一个已婚客户 有个情妇 |
[02:18] | Who wouldn’t go away. | 甩也甩不掉 |
[02:19] | She kept making trouble at inopportune moments. | 总是不合时宜地制造麻烦 |
[02:20] | We offered her money, a singing contract, everything. | 我们给她钱 歌手合约 要什么给什么 |
[02:23] | It turns out she wanted | 最后发现她想要的 |
[02:24] | Something I couldn’t offer her– | 我给不了 |
[02:26] | My client. | 她想要我那个客户 |
[02:27] | She was in love with him and she was bitter. | 她很爱他 心有不甘 |
[02:30] | Is that a possibility here? | 这里不会也是这种情况吧 |
[02:32] | Why don’t you ask him? | 你不如问他本人吧 |
[02:33] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:35] | This is her husband. | 我是她先生 |
[02:37] | Could you tell her to call me as quickly as possible? | 你能转告她尽快回我电话吗 |
[02:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:42] | – Are you okay? – No. | -你好吗 -不好 |
[02:44] | – That’s good, the genuine is important right now. – Kya. | -很好 现在真诚很重要 -吉雅 |
[02:46] | Unless you can get me in touch with my wife, | 除非你能帮我联系上我太太 |
[02:48] | I think you should shut up. | 不然就闭上嘴 |
[02:58] | Your husband phoned. | 你先生打来过 |
[03:00] | My…? Oh, did he say what it was about? | 他说什么事了吗 |
[03:03] | No, but I-I think he thought you’d know what it was about. | 没 我想他认为你会知道是什么事 |
[03:09] | And someone from page six– | 《第六页》(八卦专栏)的一个记者打过电话 |
[03:10] | He phoned, wanting comment. | 要求你谈一下看法 |
[03:12] | On? | 关于什么 |
[03:13] | He didn’t say. | 他没说 |
[03:14] | I don’t think it was about a case. | 但我觉得跟案子无关 |
[03:15] | Courtney, | 考特尼 |
[03:17] | You got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[03:22] | What’s going on? | 什么事啊 |
[03:24] | Courtney. | 考特尼 |
[03:26] | Just wait. | 等一下 |
[03:32] | So now we’re getting to a comfortable place. Thank you. | 终于结束令人尴尬的话题啦 谢谢 |
[03:34] | Now, what kind of code | 你说的联络暗号 |
[03:36] | Are we talking about here? | 是指什么 |
[03:38] | I’ve called Peter’s house | 我给彼得家打电话 |
[03:40] | And hang up after one ring, and then he would know | 响一声就挂断 |
[03:42] | That the next call was going to be from me. | 他就知道下个电话是我打的 |
[03:45] | Are you 14? | 你才14岁吗 |
[03:46] | No, I mean, you’re a call girl. | 你是个应召小姐 |
[03:47] | I mean, that just sounds pretty… | 这招听起来很… |
[03:50] | Anyway, so about that threesome… | 不管这个了 说说3P吧 |
[03:53] | Um, it was nothing. | 也没什么 |
[03:54] | It– he said that it was the reason | 他说正是因为这个 |
[03:56] | That he came to me in the first place. | 才来上门找我 |
[03:58] | His wife wouldn’t agree to a threesome. | 他老婆不接受3P |
[04:01] | I think he thought that she was a little… | 他认为她有一些… |
[04:03] | Frigid. You can say it. | 性冷淡 说吧没关系 |
[04:05] | I mean, everyone– I-I’ve seen | 每个人 比如我吧 |
[04:07] | Her, I think she was frigid | 一看到她 觉得就是性冷淡 |
[04:08] | I mean, I know frigid | 我明白性冷淡 |
[04:10] | And– see, there’s a lesson here for everybody. | 大家都该学到这个教训 |
[04:12] | When your spouse asks you for a threesome… | 当你的配偶想要3P的时候… |
[04:15] | And he offered you a job, is that right? | 他还给你提供了一份工作对吧 |
[04:18] | Yes, on his campaign. | 对 让我参加他的竞选后援 |
[04:20] | Um, he said that he was going to divorce his wife | 他说会和老婆离婚 |
[04:23] | And that I would work as part of his outreach for at-risk kids. | 让我参加他的外展计划 帮助潜危青少年 |
[04:27] | And you believed him? | 你居然相信他 |
[04:30] | I’m sorry, Will and Diane need you upstairs. | 不好意思 威尔和戴安找你上去 |
[04:32] | Peter was very compassionate, | 彼得很有同情心 |
[04:36] | Um, very loving, | 很有爱心 |
[04:38] | A very, very good lover. | 是个很棒的情人 |
[04:59] | We need to do damage control. | 我们要将破坏控制在最低程度 |
[05:01] | This is beyond damage control. | 控制不了 |
[05:03] | Don’t let’s get into that now, please. | 别往那方面想 好吗 |
[05:05] | What? We can’t just let this sit. | 我们不能就这么算了 |
[05:07] | You’re like Fletcher Christian | 你像弗莱彻·克雷斯蒂安(《叛舰喋血记》主角) |
[05:08] | Just itching to throw Bligh overboard. | 总是想篡权叛变 |
[05:10] | Yes, and Mr. Christian was the hero. | 克雷斯蒂安先生可是主角呢 |
[05:12] | Here. | 看这个 |
[05:14] | Attorneys at Stern, Lockhart & Gardner | 斯特恩 洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[05:16] | Have had no comment on this latest embarrassment. | 对最近发生的这则丑闻不予置评 |
[05:18] | It appears that Jonas Stern’s single car accident | 乔纳斯·斯特恩车辆肇事 |
[05:22] | Caused no injuries. | 似乎并未造成人员伤亡 |
[05:23] | Stern, Chicago’s renowned civil rights attorney, | 斯特恩 芝加哥著名的民权律师 |
[05:25] | First gained notoriety crusading against | 在70年代 因反抗警察暴力执法 |
[05:28] | Police brutality in the 1970s. | 而首获恶名 |
[05:30] | It’s unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[05:31] | Guy hasn’t stepped foot in the office for over a year… | 这家伙有一年多没踏进过办公室 |
[05:34] | I talked to his ex-wife. | 我跟他的前妻谈过 |
[05:35] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[05:36] | Cassandra. | 卡桑德拉 |
[05:37] | She said spending so much time away mellowed him. | 她说一段时间不理公务 他变得成熟了 |
[05:39] | Yep, like rotting fruit. | 对 像熟到烂的水果 |
[05:42] | Remember, he spoke at school? | 记得吗 他在学校做过演说 |
[05:45] | He filled hart auditorium, Diane, | 听他演说的人挤满了大堂 戴安 |
[05:47] | On– what was it? | 是什么内容 |
[05:48] | Universal jurisdiction. | 普遍管辖权 |
[05:50] | Stern used a glass of water and a hammer | 斯特恩用一杯水和一把锤子 |
[05:52] | To demonstrate the difference between… | 来说明 |
[05:54] | International norms versus state sovereignty. | 国际准则和国家主权之间的矛盾 |
[05:57] | Right, you were really into him. | 对哦 你当时很崇拜他 |
[05:59] | I found him inspiring. | 我觉得他很能启发人 |
[06:01] | Well, he wanted to thank you. | 他想谢谢你 |
[06:04] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我 -对 |
[06:06] | The slip and fall, his daughter’s defense. | 那宗滑倒案 他女儿的官司 |
[06:09] | I guess she spoke highly of you. | 我想她对你评价很高 |
[06:10] | He’s on his way over. | 他正在前来的途中 |
[06:12] | Oh, good, Julius Kreutzer has agreed to handle the DUI. | 朱利叶斯· 克勒采同意处理他的酒驾事件 |
[06:16] | Kreutzer? Great. | 克勒采 这下好 |
[06:17] | We’ll need to enlarge the conference room. | 要扩建会议室才能盛下他膨胀的自信 |
[06:19] | He’s the only lawyer I know | 他是我认识的唯一一个 |
[06:20] | With an ego bigger than Stern’s. | 比斯特恩更自大的律师 |
[06:21] | We need this to go away quietly. | 我们要低调处理这事 |
[06:23] | Diane, have you ever known Stern to do anything quietly? | 戴安 斯特恩做事有低调过吗 |
[06:29] | Jeanette! | 珍妮特 |
[06:30] | Oh, it’s so good to see you! | 见到你太好了 |
[06:32] | Oh, baby. | 宝贝 |
[06:33] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[06:34] | Oh, you’re as beautiful as ever, sweetheart. | 你还是像从前那么漂亮 宝贝 |
[06:36] | Hey, Mike, Arnie, how you doing? | 麦克 阿尼 你们好吗 |
[06:37] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[06:39] | Where the hell did we get that? | 你们从哪里弄来这鬼东西 |
[06:41] | That’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. | 这是我看过最丑的东西了 |
[06:42] | But you haven’t lived until you’ve ridden horseback at midnight | 但直到你半夜骑马穿越提米哈尼高原 |
[06:46] | Across the Timihani Plateau. | 这才算真正活过 |
[06:49] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[06:51] | Here. | 拿着 |
[06:53] | Who buys this stuff? | 哪有人买这种东西的 |
[07:00] | My partners! | 我的合伙人们 |
[07:03] | How are you, lovely? | 你好吗 亲爱的 |
[07:07] | So, have you two bankrupted us yet? | 你们俩让公司破产了没 |
[07:09] | Nope, you’re doing that all on your own. | 没呢 只有您一人对此有所贡献 |
[07:11] | Worry beads. | 排忧串珠 |
[07:13] | They were carved by a 70-year-old Balinese woman. | 一个70岁的巴里女人雕的 |
[07:17] | Wear them, | 戴着它 |
[07:18] | And you’ll never lose in court. | 你在法庭上就会无往不利 |
[07:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:20] | For you, my dear, a Chinese perfume jar | 亲爱的 送你 一个中国香水瓶 |
[07:24] | Said to contain the soul of a Ming dynasty poet. | 据说里面装着一位明朝诗人的灵魂 |
[07:28] | Funny, I was looking for a Ming poet at Barneys. | 有意思 我原想在巴尼斯精品店找位明朝诗人呢 |
[07:31] | Jonas, this is… | 乔纳斯 这是… |
[07:32] | So, where is that Jackass Kreutzer? | 那个猪头三·克勒采在哪 |
[07:36] | It’s over, you know that. | 他完了 你知道的 |
[07:38] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么也不知道 |
[07:40] | His clients are going to mutiny. | 他的客户会弃他而去 |
[07:41] | Stern’s clients understand his proclivities. | 斯特恩的客户理解他的脾气 |
[07:44] | It’s a new economy, Diane. | 现在是新经济时代了 戴安 |
[07:45] | He’s a managing partner, Will. | 他是管理合伙人 威尔 |
[07:47] | It would take a vote of the general partnership to oust him. | 要普通合伙人投票通过才能把他革职 |
[07:50] | Which half are itching to do. | 有一半人都希望这么做 |
[07:51] | This DUI is giving them cause. | 这次酒驾事件正好给了他们理由 |
[07:53] | Have some respect. | 尊重一下他 |
[07:54] | Mr. Stern would like to speak to you two. | 斯特恩先生想跟你们俩谈谈 |
[07:56] | He fired you. | 他炒了你 |
[07:57] | I’ll bill you for an hour. | 我要收一个小时的律师费用 |
[07:59] | I’m thinking of defending myself. | 我想自己作辩护 |
[08:01] | Jonas, you are not going to defend yourself. | 乔纳斯 你不能自己作辩护 |
[08:04] | It’s trumped up, you know that. | 这事是捏造的 你们知道的 |
[08:06] | All that time I spent on the police review board, | 我在警方审查委员会任职那么久 |
[08:08] | The Chicago cops can’t wait to knock me down a peg. | 芝加哥警察等不及要把我扳倒 |
[08:12] | This is your second offense. | 这是你第二次犯罪了 |
[08:14] | Ah, worst-case scenario, I lose my license for a year. | 最多我律师执照被吊销一年 |
[08:18] | Were you drinking, Jonas? | 你当时喝酒了吗 乔纳斯 |
[08:20] | Four scotch and sodas. | 4杯苏格兰威士忌和汽水 |
[08:23] | I was blitzed. | 喝得烂醉如泥 |
[08:24] | After the accident. | 但那是在事故后 |
[08:28] | I crashed, I was shook up. | 我撞车后 心烦意乱 |
[08:29] | I walked into the Westwood tavern | 于是走进韦斯特伍德酒馆 |
[08:32] | And downed four scotch and sodas. | 灌下4杯苏格兰威士忌和汽水 |
[08:34] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[08:36] | The police are going to have a hard time discerning | 警方会很难辨明 多少酒是在事故前喝的 |
[08:39] | The drinking I did before and the drinking I did after. | 多少是事故后喝的 |
[08:41] | You’re like an 18-year-old. | 你像一个18岁小孩 |
[08:43] | Is that her– | 是她吗 |
[08:44] | The state’s attorney’s wife, | 那个州检察官的妻子 |
[08:45] | The one that defended my daughter? | 为我女儿辩护的律师 |
[08:47] | Yes. | 是 |
[08:51] | I want her. | 我要她 |
[08:54] | I want her as a front. | 我要她做个幌子 |
[08:55] | I’ll defend myself through her. | 我通过她为自己辩护 |
[08:59] | This is a bad idea, Jonas. | 这不是一个好主意 乔纳斯 |
[09:01] | I want her to represent me. | 我要她做我辩护律师 |
[09:23] | Okay, this won’t take long. | 我们谈谈 很快就好 |
[09:24] | It’s okay, mom, really. | 不用了 妈妈 真的 |
[09:26] | No one’s saying anything. | 我们什么也不想说 |
[09:28] | All right, well, then, just listen for my sake. | 那就当是为了我 听好了 |
[09:31] | I want you to know what’s true and what’s not. | 我想让你们知道 什么是真 什么是假 |
[09:35] | I don’t know what your father told this woman, | 我不知道你们父亲跟这女人说了什么 |
[09:38] | And I can’t stop her from saying what she’s saying, | 我也不能阻止她要说的话 |
[09:42] | But I can always tell you the truth, | 但我能把真相告诉你们 |
[09:45] | And none of this is true. | 她说的都不是真的 |
[09:48] | Thanks, mom. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[09:51] | What does dad say is true? | 爸爸说的有哪些是真的 |
[09:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:55] | He hasn’t talked to you? | 他还没跟你谈过吗 |
[09:56] | He… | 他 |
[09:58] | He tried, but I haven’t returned his call. | 他给我打过电话 但我还没有回 |
[10:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:03] | I’ve… I’ve been angry. | 我很生气 |
[10:05] | But if it’s untrue… | 但如果这不是真的 |
[10:08] | It’s still true that he slept with her. | 他跟她睡过 至少这是真的 |
[10:09] | Yeah, but he already apologized for that. | 对 但他已经为此道过歉了 |
[10:11] | It doesn’t make it any less wrong. | 这并不能减少他的过错 |
[10:13] | Okay, okay, it was my mistake. | 好了 好了 这是我的错 |
[10:14] | I should have called him back and I will. | 我应该给他回电的 我会的 |
[10:16] | I will talk to your dad. | 我会跟你们爸爸谈谈 |
[10:17] | Why don’t we talk to him, | 或者我们自己跟他谈 |
[10:18] | Ask him everything? | 把一切都问清楚 |
[10:19] | What, like if he had a three-way? | 问什么 问他是否试过三人游戏 |
[10:22] | It’s not a three-way, it’s a threesome. | 这不是三人游戏 这是3P |
[10:24] | Yeah, but you can still say “three-way.” | 对 但也可以叫”三人游戏” |
[10:25] | – No, you can’t. – Okay. | -不可以 -好了 |
[10:27] | Family meeting’s over. | 家庭会议结束 |
[10:35] | It’s a plea is all. | 这不过是抗辩 |
[10:39] | You’ll be fine, Mrs. Florrick. | 不用担心 福瑞克太太 |
[10:42] | I’ll tell you exactly what to say. | 我会告诉你该说什么 |
[10:44] | Could you tell me now? | 能现在说吗 |
[10:45] | No. | 不能 |
[10:46] | The best arguments are spontaneous. | 最好的辩论是即兴的 |
[10:50] | You know who told me that? | 知道谁告诉我的吗 |
[10:52] | Justice Powell– | 鲍威尔法官… |
[10:53] | The oral arguments for Ricardo v. Ohio. | 里卡多诉俄亥俄州案中的口头辩论 |
[10:56] | I did my law review on Ricardo. | 我做过关于里卡多的法律功课 |
[10:57] | I was brilliant on Ricardo, wasn’t I? | 在里卡多案上我很出色 是吧 |
[11:01] | You were. | 是的 |
[11:03] | Yeah, it’s harder doing great these days. | 是的 现在就没那么容易了 |
[11:07] | Fewer opportunities. | 机会越来越少 |
[11:10] | I, uh… chased you out | 我… 让你 |
[11:13] | Of the gossip columns, didn’t I? | 顾不上八卦专栏了 是吗 |
[11:16] | Yes. Thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[11:20] | Well, the first time that a DUI trumped a threesome. | 酒驾首次打败三P |
[11:25] | Your honor, Matan Brody | 阁下 我是州检察官办公室的 |
[11:26] | Of the state’s attorney’s office. | 马坦·布罗迪 |
[11:30] | Mr. Stern, you may want in on this. | 斯特恩先生 请你过来一下 |
[11:38] | The people have added a charge | 我的当事人在起诉状中 |
[11:39] | To the complaint, your honor. | 增加了一向指控 法官阁下 |
[11:41] | Aggravated battery to a police officer. | 严重伤害警务人员 |
[11:43] | That’s ridiculous. | 简直荒谬 |
[11:44] | You tacked that on for payback. | 是你为了报复 主张添上这条的 |
[11:46] | Are you representing yourself here, | 你要自己辩护吗 |
[11:47] | Mr. Stern? | 斯特恩先生 |
[11:48] | Your honor, this is payback. | 法官阁下 这是报复 |
[11:50] | – It’s clearly unorthodox, clear… – Selective prosecution. | -明显是不合常规的 -选择性控诉 |
[11:52] | Selective prosecution in direct… | 选择性控诉 相悖… |
[11:54] | Contradiction of the 14th amendment. | 相悖于第十四修正案 |
[11:56] | Of the 14th amendment right | 于第十四修正案里的 |
[11:57] | Guaranteeing equal protection. | 平等保护原则 |
[11:59] | You hit a cop, Mr. Stern. | 你袭警 斯特恩先生 |
[12:00] | You can’t hit a cop. | 怎么能袭警 |
[12:02] | Speak to me, | 跟我说 |
[12:03] | Not my client, sir. | 而不是我的当事人 先生 |
[12:04] | Aggravated battery is a felony, your honor, | 严重伤害是重罪 法官阁下 |
[12:06] | Carrying a prison term Of two to five years. | 应处以2到5年的刑期 |
[12:08] | As such, both this charge and the DUI | 就此而言 这项控诉与酒后驾车 |
[12:11] | Now have to be heard in felony court. | 都必须由刑事法庭聆讯 |
[12:13] | That’s too bad, Mr. Stern. | 真可惜啊 斯特恩先生 |
[12:14] | I was looking forward to this. | 我原本很期待受理这个案子 |
[12:26] | Thank you, Mrs. Florrick. | 谢谢 福瑞克太太 |
[12:28] | I can take it from here. | 接下来交给我吧 |
[12:31] | Is that the discovery packet? | 那是辩护材料吗 |
[12:33] | It is. | 是的 |
[12:34] | Sir, if I’m representing you, | 先生 既然我是你的辩护律师 |
[12:35] | I think I should look at the discovery, too. | 我认为我也应该看看辩护材料 |
[12:38] | Brenda, dinner at Gibson’s. | 布伦达 晚饭定在吉布森 |
[12:40] | Got it. | 好的 |
[12:42] | Mr. Stern, I heard you speak at Georgetown once, | 斯特恩先生 我曾听过你在乔治敦的演讲 |
[12:45] | And you said, “Even the best legal mind | 你说 “即便是最好的法律思维 |
[12:49] | Requires the Socratic method to keep itself sharp.” | 仍需要苏格拉底式问答才能保持敏锐” |
[12:54] | So… | 所以 |
[12:56] | Here I am. | 我在这里 |
[13:11] | So, you had a few drinks | 你出事前 |
[13:13] | At the party before the accident. | 在聚会上喝了点酒 |
[13:14] | I had one drink, and they don’t know that. | 我喝了一杯 他们不知道 |
[13:17] | Because, after the accident, you had a few more? | 因为出事后你又喝了几杯吗 |
[13:20] | That’s perfectly legal. | 这又不犯法 |
[13:22] | You blew a .15 on the breathalyzer | 你之后在警局的酒精度测试 |
[13:24] | At the police station. | 指标为0.15 |
[13:26] | That’s almost twice the legal limit. | 几乎超出规定值的两倍 |
[13:28] | They’re going to argue… | 他们会说… |
[13:29] | They’re going to argue that three drinks | 说我如果仅喝了三四杯酒 |
[13:30] | Wasn’t enough to get me there. | 不可能达到这个指标 |
[13:32] | And you can argue traumatic experience. | 你就以创伤性经历辩护 |
[13:35] | I was in an accident. | 毕竟我出了事故 |
[13:38] | That increases the effect of alcohol dramatically. | 会大大增强酒精的影响 |
[13:41] | And the battery against the officer? | 那伤害警务人员呢 |
[13:43] | No mention of that in the police report. | 警察的报告里没提过 |
[13:45] | Now, these police cars– | 这些警车 |
[13:48] | They’ve got their video cameras right on the dash. | 仪表盘上都装了摄像头 |
[13:51] | Those recordings are kept for up to six days. | 那些录像最多能保存六天 |
[13:53] | Subpoena those recordings before they can erase them. | 在录像被消除之前 申请法院提取 |
[13:56] | And get that dispatch tape. | 把带子也拿到手 |
[13:59] | Ten to one my name is on it. | 十有八九我的名字写在外壳上 |
[14:00] | Yeah, they knew it was my car. | 他们知道那是我的车 |
[14:03] | They couldn’t wait to arrest me. | 他们迫不及待地要拘捕我 |
[14:06] | Let the plotting begin. | 开始谋划吧(指威尔和戴安) |
[14:10] | You know, there’s something | 博尔吉亚家族谋杀敌人 |
[14:12] | Refreshingly honest about the Borgias | 他们狠辣得诚实 |
[14:13] | Murdering their enemies. | 令人激赏 |
[14:15] | Here, we just plot | 在这里 有些人只敢鼓动 |
[14:18] | No confidence votes. | 不信任票 |
[14:27] | Here it is. | 就是它 |
[14:28] | Look. | 看 |
[14:29] | Thought we were studying martin Luther king. | 我们不是在研究马丁·路德·金吗 |
[14:31] | You were studying martin Luther king. | 只有你自己在研究 |
[14:33] | See, there’s your mother. | 看 你妈妈 |
[14:35] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[14:36] | It’s a web site where you bet on stuff. | 是个让你下注的网站 |
[14:38] | You know, celebrity stuff like, uh, | 关于名人动向 比如 |
[14:41] | You know, “which Disney star will die first?” | “哪个迪斯尼明星先死” |
[14:43] | Stuff like that. | 这类东西 |
[14:44] | So, they’re betting on my mom? | 他们拿我妈妈打赌吗 |
[14:46] | If she’ll get a divorce. | 赌她会不会离婚 |
[14:47] | That’s… awful. | 那真… 糟糕 |
[14:50] | So, what should I bet? | 我该怎么下注 |
[14:52] | You want to know if they’re going to get a divorce? | 你想知道他们是否会离婚 |
[14:56] | Yeah. It’s like having insider information. | 是的 这叫内部消息 |
[14:58] | It’s like having somebody inside Exxon. | 就像在埃克森化工有内线一样 |
[15:00] | See, after this whole threesome thing, | 在谈到3P之后 |
[15:02] | Betting is moving 75% for divorce. | 已有75%的人下注离婚 |
[15:05] | And I’ve got 50 bucks, so…? | 我有50块钱 该压… |
[15:08] | She’s not going to divorce. | 她不会离婚的 |
[15:10] | – You’re sure? – I’m sure. | -你确定 -我确定 |
[15:16] | So, did your dad really ask your mom for a threesome? | 你爸真的要求你妈玩3P吗 |
[15:20] | No. | 没有 |
[15:22] | But they wouldn’t tell you if he did, right? | 但就算有 也不会告诉你 对吧 |
[15:27] | Did you hear what she said on Howard Stern? | 你听过她在霍华德·斯特恩电台说的话吗 |
[15:29] | Who? | 谁 |
[15:31] | Your dad’s hooker. | 你爸爸的姘头 |
[15:34] | She said they had sex in your bed. | 她说她和你爸在你床上做爱 |
[15:36] | She did not. | 不会吧 |
[15:37] | Yeah, she did. | 真的 |
[15:38] | That’s what somebody in chemistry said. | 化学系有个人说是真的 |
[15:43] | So, just think about it. | 想象一下 |
[15:45] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[15:49] | This bed. | 这张床 |
[15:53] | It’s pretty cool. | 真是太酷了 |
[15:55] | It wasn’t the same one. | 不是这张床 |
[15:57] | I had a different bed. | 我换过了 |
[16:02] | What are you, like 14? | 你有多大 14岁 |
[16:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:09] | Well, I’m 16. | 我16岁 |
[16:14] | I’m back, kids. | 我回来了 孩子们 |
[16:16] | Hello! | 有人吗 |
[16:17] | I… | 我… |
[16:18] | I got to help my grandma. | 我要去帮我奶奶了 |
[16:20] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:22] | Let me give you something, Zachary. | 给你个好东西 扎克 |
[16:24] | Just, you know, in case your parents | 如果你父母对你 |
[16:27] | Are giving you any trouble, bothering you, | 唠唠叨叨 管东管西 |
[16:29] | And you want something– | 或者你想要什么 |
[16:31] | Some space, a car. | 比如私人空间 或者车 |
[16:33] | Just, um… play this. | 就播放这个 |
[16:38] | What is it, rap? | 是什么 说唱音乐 |
[16:40] | No, it’s better. | 不 比那个更多 |
[16:42] | It makes parents give you whatever you want. | 能让父母满足你的任何愿望 |
[16:43] | You need a little rebellion in your life. | 你的生活中需要一点点叛逆 |
[16:58] | It’s nice to meet you, | 很高兴见到你 |
[16:59] | Mrs. Florrick. I’m Rebecca. | 福瑞克太太 我是丽贝卡 |
[17:01] | Zachary and I were just studying. | 扎克和我刚刚在学习 |
[17:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:28] | Video for the dashboard camera. | 仪表盘的摄像头拍的录像 |
[17:30] | Thanks. Good or bad? | 谢谢 是好是坏 |
[17:32] | You should watch. | 你应该看看 |
[17:33] | So, | 那么 |
[17:34] | Stern still treating you like a puppet? | 斯特恩依旧把你当傀儡吗 |
[17:36] | Here’s my script. | 这是他给我写的台词 |
[17:39] | Alicia, it’s… | 艾丽西娅 有电话… |
[17:41] | – Who? – Amber Madison. | -谁 -安贝儿·麦迪逊 |
[17:46] | She says she… has a question for you. | 她说想问你个问题 |
[17:49] | Take a message. | 帮我记下来 |
[17:53] | Why is she phoning you? | 她为什么要给你打电话 |
[17:54] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:55] | She’s trying to cause a scene. | 她可能想找我闹 |
[17:57] | I don’t know. For attention. | 大概是为了引人注意 |
[18:02] | You want me to talk to her? | 你想让我和她聊聊吗 |
[18:05] | – Talk to her? – Mm. | -和她聊聊 -没错 |
[18:08] | What would that entail? | 目的是 |
[18:10] | Talk. | 聊聊而已 |
[18:14] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[18:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:18] | Contact me if that changes. | 如果有问题就来找我 |
[18:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:29] | Damn it. You need to calm down. | 该死 冷静点 |
[18:31] | Don’t make me put the cuffs back on you. | 别逼我再给你戴上手铐 |
[18:33] | I said let me go, damn it! | 我说了放开我 该死 |
[18:35] | Why did we subpoena this again? | 再问一遍 为什么要播放这段录像 |
[18:37] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[18:39] | Is this an accurate depiction of the events, | 这是本次事件的准确情形吗 |
[18:41] | Officer Sutton? | 萨顿警官 |
[18:42] | – Yes, it is. – Your honor, as you can see, | -是的 -法官大人 正如你所见 |
[18:44] | The video is clearly relevant. | 这段录像显然和本案有关 |
[18:46] | It may be relevant, but it’s unnecessary | 就算有关 也没有必要 |
[18:48] | When they have the officer’s testimony, and given… | 他们已有那位警官的证词 而且… |
[18:51] | Yes, Ms. Florrick? | 而且什么 福瑞克女士 |
[18:53] | Given the Illinois state supreme court… | 而且根据伊利诺伊州最高法院 |
[18:54] | The Illinois court’s ruling | 根据伊利诺伊法院 |
[18:56] | In people v. Harriman, | 对公众诉哈里曼一案的裁决 |
[18:57] | We believe… | 我们认为… |
[18:58] | Harriman was one of your cases, | 哈里曼一案是你的案子 对吗 |
[19:00] | Wasn’t it, Mr. Stern? | 斯特恩先生 |
[19:01] | Yes. Yes, your honor, it was. | 是的 法官大人 |
[19:03] | That case dealt with video from an outside source. | 那宗案子的录像来自外界 因此无效 |
[19:05] | This is video from the officer’s dashboard. | 而这段录像来自于该警官的仪表盘 |
[19:07] | We’re arguing that the underlying principle is the same, | 我方认为 这两宗案子的基本原理一致 |
[19:09] | Your honor. | 法官大人 |
[19:10] | That might work | 这在伊利诺伊州最高法院 |
[19:11] | With the Illinois supreme court, but not here. | 可能说得通 可在这不行 |
[19:13] | Very good. | 好 |
[19:14] | We’ll reconvene after lunch. | 午饭后重新开庭 |
[19:16] | What was that? | 刚才怎么回事 |
[19:17] | You’re hesitating. | 你在犹豫 |
[19:18] | I don’t have time to be hesitating. | 我没有时间犹豫 |
[19:20] | You’re interrupting. | 你在妨碍我 |
[19:22] | Maybe this was a mistake. | 找你或许的确是个错误 |
[19:31] | They should be out in a minute. | 他们马上就会出来了 |
[19:32] | They’re finishing up pretrial motions. | 审前动议马上就准备好了 |
[19:40] | How many clients do you have? | 你有几个客户 |
[19:43] | Currently? | 目前吗 |
[19:44] | Two. | 两个 |
[19:45] | Who pays you? | 谁付你工资 |
[19:48] | A committee of interested advisors. | 一些感兴趣的顾问组成的委员会 |
[19:50] | And how long are they paying you? | 他们准备雇佣你到什么时候 |
[19:54] | It’s month to month, but I’d imagine until… | 按月签约 估计直到… |
[19:56] | Actually, I’m not sure how long they’ll pay me. | 实际上 我也不知道他们还会雇我多久 |
[19:59] | “Until…”? | 直到什么 |
[20:01] | It’s not my business | 将来的事情 |
[20:03] | To look into the future, Mrs. Florrick. | 我说了不算 |
[20:07] | Are there designs to put Peter back in office? | 他们计划让彼得官复原职吗 |
[20:09] | Yes. | 没错 |
[20:11] | Your husband is missed. | 这是众望所归的 |
[20:13] | He was a very effective state’s attorney, | 他是个非常称职的州检察官 |
[20:15] | And people want him back. | 人们希望他回来 |
[20:22] | It’s insane | 太荒谬了 |
[20:24] | That I would hire a call girl to work on my campaign. | 我怎么可能雇个应召女做竞选后援 |
[20:28] | Think about it. It’s… | 仔细想想 简直… |
[20:29] | She was talking about your kids at risk program. | 她提到了你帮助潜危青少年的外展计划 |
[20:33] | Yeah, well, and anyone who read the news | 任意一个看新闻的人 |
[20:36] | Would know about that. | 都知道这个计划 |
[20:38] | She’s out there. | 她不受约束 |
[20:40] | She’s out there, and she can say whatever she wants, | 她可以胡说八道 |
[20:43] | And there’s nothing I can do to stop her, | 而我却无能为力 |
[20:45] | Because the libel laws are against us. | 因为诽谤罪法不站在我们这一边 |
[20:47] | She’s phoning my work. | 她给我公司打电话了 |
[20:50] | Who? | 谁 |
[20:51] | Your… prostitute | 你的… 小姐 |
[20:54] | Is calling my work. | 打电话到我公司 |
[20:56] | I told the kids I’d come here, Peter, | 我告诉孩子们我会来这儿 |
[20:58] | And talk to you, but I… | 和你谈谈 但我… |
[21:00] | I don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore. | 我已经不知道什么是对 什么是错 |
[21:03] | I don’t know what’s a lie or what’s the truth. | 也无法区谎言和真相了 |
[21:06] | I just… | 我只是 |
[21:08] | I can’t take this. | 我受不了了 |
[21:10] | – Hold on. – No. | -等等 -别说了 |
[21:11] | I want it to stop. | 我希望这些立即停止 |
[21:13] | This is your family. | 这是你的家人 |
[21:16] | I don’t care about libel laws. | 我不管诽谤罪法 |
[21:17] | You make it stop. Make her stop. | 你必须阻止这些 阻止她 |
[21:19] | What are you saying? | 你的意思是… |
[22:45] | Unless there’s anything else, | 如果没有其他意见 |
[22:46] | I rule that the police dashboard tape | 我裁决 警车仪表盘的录像 |
[22:48] | – Be considered… – Your honor. | -将被列为… -法官大人 |
[22:49] | Yes, Mrs. Florrick? | 请说 福瑞克太太 |
[22:51] | I have one more thing. | 我还有一项提议 |
[22:52] | No, you don’t. | 不 你没有 |
[22:53] | We move to disqualify the video | 我们提请废除此项证据 |
[22:55] | On the grounds that it was obtained | 理由改为 |
[22:57] | As the result of an illegal arrest. | 它取自一次非法逮捕 |
[22:58] | Your honor, what could possibly be illegal… | 法官大人 这怎么可能是非法… |
[23:00] | Mr. Stern, | 斯特恩先生 |
[23:00] | Is it your understanding that the officer… | 你是否认为该警官… |
[23:02] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[23:04] | I am Mr. Stern’s legal representative. | 我才是斯特恩先生的辩护律师 |
[23:07] | Yes, ma’am, | 没错 律师 |
[23:08] | But I believe Mr. Stern has a difference of opinion. | 但我认为斯特恩先生与你意见不一 |
[23:10] | Uh, Mrs. Florrick and I need five minutes, | 请给我5分钟和福瑞克太太单独谈谈 |
[23:13] | – Your honor. – No, we’re fine. | -法官大人 -不用了 |
[23:14] | Officer Sutton stated on his dashboard video, | 萨顿警官在那段录像中说道 |
[23:17] | “Don’t make me put the handcuffs back on you.” | “别逼我再给你戴上手铐” |
[23:21] | Implying that he’d been handcuffed previously. | 说明斯特恩先生之前已被铐过 |
[23:23] | Did you, officer Sutton? | 是这样吗 萨顿警官 |
[23:25] | I’d handcuffed him when I found him | 我在酒吧里铐过他 |
[23:27] | In the bar because he was belligerent, | 因为他在那里寻衅滋事 |
[23:28] | As you see in the video. | 就像录像里那样 |
[23:30] | But when I brought him outside, | 但我把他带出去之后 |
[23:32] | I took the cuffs off so I could perform a sobriety test. | 我就解开了手铐 以便给他做清醒度测试 |
[23:35] | Was Mr. Stern armed? | 斯特恩先生可有携带武器 |
[23:36] | No. | 没有 |
[23:37] | Did you fear for your life? | 你的生命可受到威胁 |
[23:38] | No, but, I… | 没有 但我… |
[23:40] | Then it was an arrest, your honor. | 那么这就是一次逮捕 法官大人 |
[23:42] | Mr. Stern was not free to go. | 萨顿警官扣住斯特恩先生 |
[23:43] | And officer Sutton had no probable cause | 却没有正当理由 |
[23:46] | The mere fact that it was an accident | 仅凭一次意外 |
[23:47] | Does not mean a crime was committed. | 不能就此断定有人犯罪了 |
[23:49] | So, everything that follows is tainted– | 因此所有后续的事情都当视为无效 |
[23:51] | The sobriety tests, the video. | 清醒度测试和那段录像 |
[23:53] | Your honor, the video captures | 法官大人 这段录像录下了 |
[23:55] | The commission of a subsequent crime– | 他随后的犯罪行为 |
[23:57] | A battery of a police officer. | 殴打警员 |
[23:59] | Yeah, yeah, but it’s exactly… | 没错 但正是… |
[24:01] | Mr. Stern, please sit down. | 斯特恩先生 请坐下 |
[24:08] | Except that it occurred during the sobriety tests. | 但录像拍摄于清醒度测试期间 |
[24:09] | And if the sobriety tests | 因此如果清醒度测试 |
[24:11] | Are disqualified, | 是无效的 |
[24:13] | The video must be disqualified. | 那这段录像也就是无效的 |
[24:17] | Motion granted. | 提议获准 |
[24:19] | The video is hereby excluded. | 这段录像不作为呈堂证供 |
[24:21] | We’re adjourned until tomorrow. | 明天再开庭 |
[24:26] | The best arguments really do sound spontaneous. | 最好的辩词果真是即兴的 |
[24:28] | Mr. Stern, | 斯特恩先生 |
[24:30] | You cannot backseat drive your own defense. | 请不要指挥我辩护 |
[24:33] | You chose me to represent you. | 你让我做你的律师 |
[24:35] | If that is what you want, I’m your lawyer. | 如果那是你想要的 我是你的律师 |
[24:38] | You’re my client. | 你是我的当事人 |
[24:40] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[24:57] | I, uh… | 我 |
[24:59] | I think you should take the kids to church more. | 我觉得你该多带孩子们去教堂 |
[25:04] | Because…? | 为什么 |
[25:06] | Zach’s listening to Muslim music. | 扎克在听穆斯林音乐 |
[25:12] | No, I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[25:14] | His girlfriend is Muslim. | 他的女朋友是穆斯林信徒 |
[25:16] | Zach’s girlfriend? | 扎克的女朋友吗 |
[25:18] | – Yes. – Zach has a girlfriend? | -是 -扎克有女朋友了 |
[25:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:21] | They-they were here yesterday | 昨天他们在他房里 |
[25:22] | In his room, and they were playing that music. | 一起听穆斯林音乐 |
[25:26] | And where were you? | 你当时在哪儿 |
[25:28] | I was out getting groceries. | 我去了趟杂货店 |
[25:42] | You have a girlfriend? | 你有女朋友了 |
[25:43] | No. | 没有 |
[25:45] | Who was here yesterday? | 那昨天来的是谁 |
[25:46] | Becca. | 贝卡 |
[25:48] | And Becca isn’t your girlfriend? | 贝卡不是你女朋友吗 |
[25:49] | Uh, she’s a friend who’s a girl. | 她是我的女性朋友 |
[25:52] | And you were in here working together? | 你俩是在房里一起学习吗 |
[25:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:57] | She’s helping me out with social studies. | 她帮我做社会实践作业 |
[25:59] | She’s a junior! | 她上高二了 |
[26:00] | Shut up! No one asked you! | 闭嘴 没人问你 |
[26:02] | Don’t say “shut up.” | 不许说”闭嘴” |
[26:05] | She was helping a freshman? | 她是在帮你这个高一新生吗 |
[26:07] | I’m… | 我… |
[26:09] | Mom, she’s nice. | 妈 她人很好的 |
[26:10] | You’d like her. | 你会喜欢她的 |
[26:11] | Oh, I’m sure I would. | 我相信我会的 |
[26:13] | And she is welcome to study here anytime, | 我也欢迎她随时来家里学习 |
[26:15] | But only when jackie is here, | 但必须是杰姬在家的时候 |
[26:17] | And only in the living room. | 而且必须在客厅里 |
[26:19] | But the computer’s in here. | 可是电脑在我房里啊 |
[26:29] | Wait, mom. | 等等 妈 |
[26:30] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈 你在干什么 |
[26:31] | Here. Carry this. | 来 抱着 |
[26:33] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[26:35] | Mom, this is ridiculous. | 妈 你太不讲理了 |
[26:37] | Lots of light. | 这多亮堂 |
[26:38] | Lots of room. | 空间又大 |
[26:40] | This is… | 这是 |
[26:41] | Mom, I want my privacy. | 妈 我需要隐私 |
[26:42] | And you’ll have that when you’re 18. | 等你18岁了自然就有了 |
[26:45] | This is… | 你这是… |
[26:46] | – Nothing happened. – Good. | -什么都没发生 -很好 |
[26:48] | Would you like my desk lamp? | 需要我的台灯吗 |
[26:50] | You don’t trust me. | 你不信任我 |
[26:52] | Zach, you’re 14 years old. | 扎克 你才14岁 |
[26:53] | You are a freshman in high school. | 你才上高一 |
[26:55] | You had a junior in your room yesterday | 昨天一个高二女生在你房里 |
[26:57] | With the door closed. | 还关着门 |
[26:58] | This is what is called parenting, that’s all. | 这只是父母对孩子该管的 仅此而已 |
[27:01] | – Now, go get the rest of your stuff. – No. | -把剩下的东西搬过来 -不 |
[27:03] | You trusted dad. | 爸辜负了你的信任 |
[27:05] | Now you think I’m going to be the same. | 你觉得我会跟他一样 是吧 |
[27:07] | Zach, I love you. | 扎克 我爱你 |
[27:10] | I love you so much. | 非常爱你 |
[27:12] | But the computer stays here. | 但电脑还得放在这里 |
[27:31] | How long did you stay at the cocktail party, Mr. Tolliver? | 托利弗先生 你在车祸前的鸡尾酒会待了多久 |
[27:34] | About two hours. | 大约两个小时吧 |
[27:35] | I left around 10:00 p.m., | 我10点左右走的 |
[27:36] | Just after Mr. Stern left. | 就在斯特恩先生走后 |
[27:38] | And can you tell us what you witnessed in that time? | 请告诉我们那时你看到了什么 |
[27:40] | Well, I saw Mr. Stern consume at least six drinks. | 我看到斯特恩先生喝了至少6杯酒水 |
[27:45] | Six? | 6杯吗 |
[27:47] | What kind of drinks? | 都是什么酒水 |
[27:49] | Are we talking white wine spritzers here? | 是白葡萄酒兑汽水吗 |
[27:51] | Scotch. Neat. | 苏格兰威士忌 纯的 |
[27:52] | Tolliver is an investment banker, | 托利弗是个投资银行家 |
[27:54] | Works for Tolin & Howard. | 任职于托林&霍华德公司 |
[27:56] | Have you ever had any fights with Tolin & Howard? | 你和托林&霍华德公司有过节吗 |
[28:00] | The problem is, | 问题是 |
[28:01] | One time or another, | 基本上 |
[28:03] | I’ve pissed off practically everyone. | 我已经把谁都惹毛了 |
[28:08] | Tolliver. | 托利弗 |
[28:09] | Tolliver industries. | 托利弗工业 |
[28:12] | It’s a family run business. | 是个家族企业 |
[28:13] | I sued them for civil rights violations. Brenda! | 我曾告他们侵犯公民权 布伦达 |
[28:16] | Get me the file on tolliver industries. | 把托利弗工业的资料都给我拿来 |
[28:18] | Got it. | 明白 |
[28:21] | Tibetan ginseng. | 西藏人参 |
[28:23] | Energy. | 补充能量 |
[28:24] | Jonas, | 乔纳斯 |
[28:26] | I checked on your case work. | 我翻遍了你的档案柜 |
[28:27] | The files weren’t there. | 都没有找到 |
[28:28] | What do you mean they weren’t there? Why? | 没找到 怎么会 |
[28:30] | A Cary Agos signed them out, | 凯里·艾格斯经威尔·加德纳授权 |
[28:32] | On Will Gardner’s authorization. | 把它们都拿走了 |
[28:42] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈想干什么 |
[28:43] | Sneaking around my files? | 偷拿我的文件 |
[28:45] | Looking for little slipups? | 想抓我的小辫子吗 |
[28:47] | It’s an issue of firm liability, Jonas. | 乔纳斯 我是为了公司利益 |
[28:48] | Somebody has to stay on top of these things. | 这事总得有人管吧 |
[28:51] | Oh, come on, Will. | 威尔 你太过分了 |
[28:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:54] | You certainly don’t seem inclined to do it. | 我看你不想动手 我才动手的 |
[28:55] | You know, you talk a good game about liability, | 你口口声声说怕对公司不利 |
[28:58] | But we both know this is about control. | 但我们都明白 你是想掌权 |
[29:00] | Jonas votes with me 90% of the time. | 90%的时间乔纳斯都站在我这边 |
[29:02] | – You push him out… – Enough! | -如果你把他踢出去… -够了 |
[29:03] | My god. | 天啊 |
[29:05] | You call yourselves lawyers? | 你们也配做律师 |
[29:08] | I was winning cases | 你们还在少年棒球联盟时 |
[29:09] | When you were in little league. | 我就已经是名成功的律师了 |
[29:12] | And you, my protege? | 而你 我的门徒 |
[29:13] | The only reason i hired you | 我雇你唯一的原因就是 |
[29:15] | Is because it looked good to have a woman in the office. | 办公室里有个女律师 能撑撑门面 |
[29:18] | The both of you treat the practice of law | 你们现在对待法律 |
[29:21] | Like it’s used cars! | 就像对待二手车一样 |
[29:23] | Well, you try to get rid of me, | 你们想摆脱我 |
[29:25] | It’ll cost you every cent of your golden parachute, | 我会掏空你们的离职补贴 |
[29:28] | And that is after the lawsuit! | 案子结了再来收拾你们 |
[29:30] | I will bankrupt this firm | 我要在你们把我踢出去之前 |
[29:31] | Before I let you | 先把这个公司 |
[29:34] | Push me out. | 搞垮 |
[29:48] | I suppose you heard that tirade back there. | 我想你听到了刚刚的咒骂 |
[29:52] | I imagine the people on Lakeshore Drive heard it, too. | 我想湖岸大道上的人都听到了 |
[29:54] | We’d better go in. | 我们应该进去了 |
[29:58] | Did you find anything on Tolliver? | 你找到任何关于托利弗的信息吗 |
[30:03] | Yeah… yes, Tolliver Industries. | 就是托利弗工业啊 |
[30:07] | Right. | 对啊 |
[30:11] | Tolliver Industries. | 托利弗工业 |
[30:12] | I sued them once. Civil rights violations. | 我曾经告他们侵犯公民权利 |
[30:15] | We should use that. | 辩护中可以用上 |
[30:30] | Miss Madison, I’m Daniel Golden. | 麦迪逊小姐 我是丹尼尔·戈登 |
[30:32] | We, uh, spoke on the phone. | 我们通过电话 |
[30:34] | You look good, Peter. | 你看起来很棒 彼特 |
[30:36] | I always liked you in a suit. | 我向来喜欢你穿西装的样子 |
[30:37] | We have issues That we have to deal with– | 我们有些事情要和你探讨一下 |
[30:41] | This book and your appearances. | 你要出的书和你的曝光率 |
[30:43] | Yes, still a lot of pillow talk to talk about. | 对 还有很多枕边私语没分享呢 |
[30:49] | You phoned my wife. | 你打电话骚扰我妻子 |
[30:50] | That’s always what it comes down to. | 归根到底 总是为了这个 |
[30:54] | Men and their wives. | 男人和他的妻子 |
[30:56] | I’d like to talk to peter alone. | 我想跟彼特单独谈谈 |
[30:58] | No. | 不行 |
[30:59] | You have an offer? | 你出什么价 |
[31:01] | Stop writing the book, | 停止写书 |
[31:03] | Stop doing interviews, | 停止一切访问 |
[31:04] | Spreading stories about my client. | 停止到处传播我当事人的流言 |
[31:06] | How much? | 你出多少 |
[31:11] | You recognize this man? | 你认识这人吗 |
[31:13] | Prior to your… relationship with my client, | 在你和我当事人的… 关系之前 |
[31:16] | You had a similar relationship with him. | 你跟他有过类似的关系 |
[31:18] | Peter? | 彼特 |
[31:19] | The FBI believe that he’s responsible | 联邦调查局认为他 |
[31:22] | For ordering the 24th ward murders | 指挥了第二十四区的谋杀案 |
[31:24] | And three other slayings. | 和其他三起杀人事件 |
[31:26] | He owns a car dealership. | 他是做汽车生意的 |
[31:28] | He’s a businessman. | 他是位商人 |
[31:30] | And I don’t think | 而我想 |
[31:31] | He will look kindly on your book | 他对你在书中提及他的生意 |
[31:33] | Touching on his business. | 不会感到太高兴 |
[31:34] | My book doesn’t touch on his business. | 我的书没有提到他的生意 |
[31:36] | Unfortunately, he doesn’t know that. | 不幸的是 他并不知道这些 |
[31:38] | He also doesn’t know about certain personal things | 他也不知道你向我的客户 |
[31:40] | That you mentioned to my client about him. | 泄露了他的一些秘密 |
[31:43] | That was between us. | 那是我们之间的秘密 |
[31:45] | And it’ll stay between you. | 你们的秘密不会外泄 |
[31:51] | Peter… | 彼特 |
[31:53] | You wouldn’t. | 你不会这样对我 |
[31:55] | You phone my wife. | 你打电话骚扰我妻子 |
[31:56] | You threaten my family. | 你威胁我的家人 |
[32:00] | You go on a talk show | 你参加脱口秀 |
[32:03] | humilate and slander my wife and children | 出言侮辱诽谤我的妻儿 |
[32:10] | To protect my family | 为了保护我的家庭 |
[32:12] | You have no idea what I’m capable of. | 我什么事情都做得出来 |
[32:44] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[32:45] | I need more help. | 我需要些帮助 |
[32:48] | It’s what I live for | 我的职责所在 |
[33:04] | Donepezil. | 多奈哌齐 |
[33:06] | That’s the name of the medicine you’re taking. | 那就是你正在服用的药物 |
[33:08] | That’s why you crashed. | 那就是你出车祸的原因 |
[33:10] | You didn’t drink at the party, and the roads weren’t wet. | 你没在派对上喝酒 路也不滑 |
[33:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在胡说些什么 |
[33:15] | I saw them, Mr. Stern. | 我看见了 斯特恩先生 |
[33:16] | They’re not energy pills. | 那些不是增强体力的药片 |
[33:18] | Peter’s father had dementia, | 彼特的爸爸患了痴呆症 |
[33:20] | Not Alzheimer’s. His was vascular. | 不是老年性痴呆 而是血管性痴呆 |
[33:24] | I know what it looks like. | 我知道这病的症状是什么 |
[33:26] | The forgetfulness, the anger, | 健忘 易怒 |
[33:29] | Mood swings. | 阴晴不定 |
[33:30] | I know how terrible… | 我知道你有多… |
[33:32] | You know nothing. | 你什么都不知道 |
[33:34] | Jonas Stern does not have dementia. | 乔纳斯·斯特恩没得痴呆症 |
[33:38] | Mr. Stern, you’re facing jail time. | 斯特恩先生 你可能会坐牢 |
[33:41] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[33:42] | Your condition is your defense. | 你的病况才是你扭转乾坤的法宝 |
[33:45] | This isn’t a DUI. | 这不是酒后驾车 |
[33:47] | There is no condition! | 我没有病 |
[33:49] | I’ll be damned if i’m gonna have people think | 我绝不能让人以为我乔纳斯·斯特恩 |
[33:51] | That Jonas Stern is losing his mind! | 开始神经错乱了 |
[34:10] | There are three people who know what you know. | 只有三个人知道这件事 |
[34:15] | One is my doctor, the second one is me, | 一个是我的医生 一个是我 |
[34:18] | And the third is now covered by attorney-client privilege. | 然后是你 受律师与当事人保密特权约束 |
[34:21] | And as your client, I am ordering you | 作为你的当事人 我命令你 |
[34:24] | Not to breathe a word of this. | 不能泄露丁点的信息 |
[34:28] | Not in my defense, not to anyone. | 别在法庭上说 别对任何人说 |
[34:30] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[34:35] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[34:40] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[35:01] | Stern gets into an accident, not because he’s drunk, | 斯特恩出车祸 不是因为他喝醉了 |
[35:03] | But because he’s confused. | 而是因为他糊涂了 |
[35:05] | He doesn’t want to admit it, | 他不愿意承认 |
[35:06] | so he goes and has four drinks | 所以他就去酒吧里喝了4杯 |
[35:08] | Trying to make it look like he’s covering up a DUI. | 好让人以为他是在掩盖酒后驾车 |
[35:11] | So what does the cop do? | 那个警察做了什么 |
[35:12] | Sobriety tests. | 对他进行清醒度测试 |
[35:13] | Which he fails, because now he’s had a few, | 他没通过 因为他这时已经喝了几杯 |
[35:16] | Or he’s shaken up. | 或因为他当时心烦意乱 |
[35:18] | Or… | 或许… |
[35:19] | What? | 什么 |
[35:20] | The question isn’t what did the cop do. | 关键不在于那个警察做了些什么 |
[35:23] | It’s what didn’t the cop do. | 而在于他没做什么 |
[35:28] | Alicia… where’s Stern? | 艾丽西亚 斯特恩在哪 |
[35:30] | He’s meeting me at court. Why? | 他在法庭跟我碰面 怎么了 |
[35:31] | We went through his casework. | 我们在查他经手的案子 |
[35:33] | Everything was great until a year ago, | 一切都好 但一年前 |
[35:35] | And he started missing filing deadlines. | 他开始不按时上交档案 |
[35:36] | Luckily, they weren’t important, | 幸运的是 那些都是小案子 |
[35:38] | But we could be vulnerable here. | 但他的行为对公司来说 是个破绽 |
[35:39] | I’m not asking you to divulge any privileged communique. | 我不是让你泄露他的机密 |
[35:43] | Good. | 那就好 |
[35:44] | But I need to know where his head’s at. | 但我必须知道他是怎么想的 |
[35:46] | Unless that blowup was his final word on the subject. | 他说要搞垮公司 之后总该提过他的谋划吧 |
[35:51] | Look, all I want is for you to | 我要你做的 |
[35:52] | look after his best interests | 只是尽力维护他 |
[35:54] | The firm’s best interests. | 以及这间公司的利益 |
[35:58] | The firm assigned me to represent him, Will. | 我被公司委派为他辩护 威尔 |
[36:00] | With all the confidentiality that entails, | 我有义务为他保密 |
[36:03] | I can’t… say anymore. | 所以我什么都不能说 |
[36:21] | You gave ’em to mom. | 你把它们给妈妈了 |
[36:22] | What? Get out of here! | 什么 出去 |
[36:24] | The pictures of dad. You gave ’em to mom. | 爸的那些照片 你把它们给妈了 |
[36:27] | I didn’t give anything to mom. | 我什么都没给妈 |
[36:28] | Well, they’re gone. | 照片都不见了 |
[36:30] | Grandma. | 奶奶拿走了 |
[36:32] | Why…? | 为什么 |
[36:34] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[36:36] | Zach, she goes through my room | 扎克 我在学校的时候 |
[36:37] | When I’m at school. | 她就来我屋里翻东西 |
[36:38] | She throws away stuff she doesn’t like, like | 她把她不喜欢的东西扔掉 |
[36:40] | Candy and clothes. she doesn’t ever do it to you | 糖果和衣服之类的 她从没扔过你的 |
[36:41] | ’cause you’re the good boy. | 因为你是家里的好孩子 |
[36:42] | I hate this. | 真讨厌 |
[36:44] | Yeah. When did you start paying attention? | 谁让你自己不注意 |
[36:48] | Officer, what sobriety tests did you perform on Mr. Stern? | 警官 你对斯特恩先生做过何种清醒度测试 |
[36:53] | Objection. Officer Sutton has already testified in detail | 反对 萨顿警官已经具体说明 |
[36:55] | About the tests he performed. | 斯特恩先生做过的测试 |
[36:57] | Yes, your honor, | 对 法官大人 |
[36:58] | But I’m more interested in the one he didn’t perform. | 但我对那些没有实施的测试更感兴趣 |
[37:01] | Okay. Let’s see where this is going. | 好的 继续往下说 |
[37:03] | I see no record | 警官 我发现 |
[37:04] | Of you performing a preliminary | 你并未记录在事故现场 |
[37:05] | breathalyzer test At the scene, officer. | 对斯特恩先生进行的初步酒精度测试 |
[37:08] | I don’t always do that, ma’am. | 我一般不做初步测试 女士 |
[37:17] | These are reports from your last 37 DUIs. | 这是你过去经手的37起酒驾的记录 |
[37:22] | You performed preliminary breathalyzers on… | 被你做过初步酒精测试的人… |
[37:27] | Would you like to guess how many? | 想猜猜有多少吗 |
[37:31] | Thirty-seven. | 37个 |
[37:35] | Officer Sutton. | 萨顿警官 |
[37:36] | Your honor, it’s perfectly innocent. | 法官大人 这一点问题都没有 |
[37:38] | I voided the test results | 我没有填写初步测试结果 |
[37:40] | Because the machine was malfunctioning. | 是因为仪器出故障了 |
[37:41] | It showed Mr. Stern’s blood alcohol level was .03, | 它显示斯特恩先生的酒精度指标是0.03 |
[37:44] | But I could see he was drunk, he was stumbling around… | 但他明显醉了 跌跌撞撞的 |
[37:47] | So you neglected to put it in the police report? | 于是你就在执法报告中略去了这项 |
[37:49] | It wasn’t accurate. | 那结果不准确 |
[37:51] | We got back to the station… he blew a .15. | 回到警局后 他的指标是0.15 |
[37:54] | An hour later, | 那是1小时后 |
[37:56] | After the drinks from the bar fully kicked in… | 那时他在事故后喝的酒 酒劲完全上来了 |
[37:59] | – Your honor? – Mr. Brody, I’m dismissing the DUI. | -法官大人 -布罗迪先生 我驳回酒驾指控 |
[38:02] | And unless you want me to dismiss the battery | 如果你不想让我把殴打罪也驳回 |
[38:04] | And levy sanctions, | 并制裁你的当事人 |
[38:05] | You’d better come up with something fast. | 你最好快点想出新办法 |
[38:11] | Misdemeanor assault. | 殴击罪 |
[38:13] | Six months probation. | 缓刑6个月 |
[38:15] | Ask her. | 问她 |
[38:16] | Misdemeanor assault? Six months probation? | 殴击罪 缓刑6个月 |
[38:19] | Time served? | 候审时间折抵刑期 |
[38:26] | You must be pretty pleased with yourself. | 你一定对自己很满意 |
[38:28] | You shouldn’t be driving, Mr. Stern. | 你不该再开车了 斯特恩先生 |
[38:32] | And unless you disclose your condition, | 而且除非你披露自己的病情 |
[38:34] | You shouldn’t be practicing law, either. | 你也不该再做律师了 |
[38:41] | What are you… | 你这是… |
[38:42] | Th… the partners meeting isn’t until 5:00. | 合伙人会议5点才开啊 |
[38:44] | Call it off. | 会议取消吧 |
[38:45] | I’m not fighting you, Diane. | 我不想跟你对着干 |
[38:47] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[38:49] | Last thing I need is to waste time and energy here | 我最不该做的 就是在这儿浪费时间和精力 |
[38:53] | Fighting with people I love. | 与我的好朋友们争斗 |
[38:57] | And I do. | 我确实拿你们当好朋友 |
[38:59] | That thing I said earlier… | 我上次说的那些话… |
[39:01] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:03] | It wasn’t true. | 那不是真心话 |
[39:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:09] | I was the best lawyer you had at that firm. | 我是你在那间律所里最好的律师 |
[39:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:13] | I have to admit, | 我得说 |
[39:15] | I never thought I’d see the day Jonas Stern retired. | 我没料到 乔纳斯·斯特恩也有退休的一天 |
[39:19] | Who said anything about retiring? | 谁说我要退休了 |
[39:21] | I’m leaving to start a new firm. | 我离开 是要开一家新律所 |
[39:24] | What? | 什么 |
[39:25] | You know, last year, | 去年 |
[39:27] | you billed over $50 million between Gentech Financials | 仅从金泰金融公司 和帕台农系统公司 |
[39:31] | And Parthenon Systems alone. | 你就赚了5000万美元 |
[39:33] | Now, they’re my clients, | 他们是我的客户 |
[39:35] | And I’m taking them with me. | 我要把他们带走 |
[39:36] | Jonas, you take our clients, | 乔纳斯 你带走我们的客户 |
[39:38] | You forfeit your golden parachute. | 就拿不到高额离职补贴了 |
[39:40] | My clients. | 是我的客户 |
[39:42] | And that’s not all. | 还有呢 |
[39:44] | I’m gonna take a third of your business. | 我要拿走你们业务的三分之一 |
[39:46] | And then… | 然后 |
[39:49] | I’m coming back for the rest. | 我会回来拿走剩下的 |
[39:51] | But, hey, | 不过 |
[39:53] | It’ll be fun. | 会很有意思 |
[39:57] | We’re not communicating here, Jim. | 你怎么听不懂我的意思 吉姆 |
[40:00] | I want it bigger. | 我要更大 |
[40:01] | I need 25,000 square feet at least. | 至少25000平方呎 |
[40:04] | All right. Hey. | 好了 |
[40:06] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[40:07] | Well, getting an office, staff, starting up. | 找办公室和雇员 开始创业 |
[40:10] | We talked about this. | 我们谈过这个问题 |
[40:13] | No, you talked about this. | 不 是你谈过 |
[40:15] | And I’m the only one to whom you will ever talk about this. | 而且你只能跟我谈这个问题 |
[40:20] | Mr. Stern, you have an ethical duty. | 斯特恩先生 别忘了道义问题 |
[40:22] | Yes, to zealously represent my clients. | 当然 热忱地为客户服务 |
[40:25] | Which I will do, | 这个道义我会遵守的 |
[40:26] | With a team of young and hungry lawyers to back me up. | 我身后还会有一群 年轻有活力的律师 |
[40:29] | And I want you to be one of them. | 我希望你也加入 |
[40:35] | Oh, I… I can’t. I… | 我… 不行 |
[40:38] | Thank you, but I-I… I can’t. | 谢谢你 但我不能去 |
[40:43] | Loyalty to your friend Will, hmm? | 你对你朋友威尔很忠诚 |
[40:45] | Well, I admire that. | 我表示赞赏 |
[40:48] | Just know that he will stab you | 但我提醒你 为了他自己的利益 |
[40:50] | In the back if it benefits him. | 他会不惜背后捅你一刀 |
[40:53] | I’ll get that, Brenda! | 我来接 布伦达 |
[40:55] | Hello. | 你好 |
[40:57] | Yeah, yeah, Jim. | 没错就那样 吉姆 |
[40:58] | Yeah, hold on. Just hold on five seconds. | 稍等 稍等一下 |
[41:01] | Your husband was set up. | 你丈夫是被陷害的 |
[41:03] | What?! | 什么 |
[41:04] | Forget the sex. | 忘掉性丑闻吧 |
[41:06] | Sex was just the barker’s tease. | 性丑闻不过是个噱头 |
[41:09] | There are a lot of people who made a bad bet, | 很多人押错了宝 |
[41:12] | And now they’re covering their ass. | 于是要撇清自己 |
[41:16] | I-I don’t… I don’t under… | 我不明白 |
[41:18] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[41:19] | Jim, yeah, I need it in the loop. | 吉姆 我要环形的 |
[41:21] | – In the loop, yeah. – Mr. Stern… | -对 环形的 -斯特恩先生 |
[41:23] | That’s it, Alicia. | 到此为止 艾丽西娅 |
[41:25] | I’m not your Deep Throat on this. | 我不会告诉你内情 |
[41:28] | Your husband was set up, | 你丈夫是被陷害的 |
[41:30] | And they’re not going to let him out of prison ever. | 他们永远不会让他出狱 |
[41:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:35] | No, you’re thinking small. Yeah. | 那个太小了 |
[41:36] | Find another well, | 再找一个 |
[41:37] | Will you? | 好不 |
[41:39] | Yeah. | 好 |
[41:41] | No. | 不 |
[41:42] | No, no, no, no, that won’t do. | 不不不 那个不行 |
[42:01] | Don’t worry. I just… | 别担心 我只是… |
[42:03] | I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry? | 我想向你道歉来着 |
[42:06] | I thought that your husband was in love with me. | 我以为你丈夫是爱我的 |
[42:08] | He made me think that he was in love with me, and now I just… | 他让我以为他是爱我的 但现在… |
[42:12] | Look, I wanted to warn you, okay? | 我是想提醒你一下 |
[42:14] | Peter threatened me. | 彼得威胁了我 |
[42:16] | He said that if I didn’t pull the book, | 他说 如果我不取消出书计划 |
[42:18] | And I didn’t stop giving interviews, | 如果我不停止接收采访 |
[42:20] | That he would hurt me. | 他就会给我好看 |
[42:22] | Look, would you listen? | 能听我说两句吗 |
[42:23] | I don’t know what he’s capable of. | 我不知道他都能干出什么 |
[42:25] | He doesn’t even know that I’m here. | 他不知道我来找你了 |
[42:27] | I don’t know what he would do… | 要是知道 不知道他会… |
[42:30] | Oh, go to hell! | 去死吧 |
[42:31] | Go to hell! | 去死吧 |
[42:32] | You two deserve each other! | 你俩还真般配 |
[42:34] | You tell him | 你告诉他 |
[42:36] | If he does anything, I’ll print it. | 他要是胡来 我就出书 |
[42:38] | I’ll give an interview you wouldn’t believe! | 我在采访中说的话会吓死你 |
[42:51] | Time to go? | 该走了吗 |
[42:59] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[43:01] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[43:03] | Kids okay? | 孩子们都好吧 |