时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on the Good Wife | 《傲骨贤妻》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | – Glenn – Peter | -格伦 -彼得 |
[00:05] | So you put me in the general population. | 你把我换到集体牢房了 |
[00:07] | Yes | 是的 |
[00:10] | Miss Madison | 麦迪逊小姐 |
[00:11] | Do you recognize this man? | 你认识这名男子吗 |
[00:13] | Prior to your relationship with my client, | 在和我的当事人交往之前 |
[00:15] | you had a similar relationship with him. | 你曾经和他有过类似的关系 |
[00:17] | You wouldn’t. | 你不会这样对我 |
[00:18] | To protect my family, you have no idea what I’m capable of. | 为了保护我的家庭 我会不择手段 |
[00:26] | This is not about sex. | 这和性丑闻没关系 |
[00:28] | Now let me repeat that because it bares repeating. | 我重申一遍 |
[00:30] | This is not… about sex. | 这和性丑闻没有关系 |
[00:33] | So, what is this really about? | 那到底是为了什么 |
[00:37] | My client was convicted and sentenced to prison | 我的当事人获刑入狱 |
[00:39] | for a very simple and almost prosaic reason. | 不过为了一个简单无趣的理由 |
[00:42] | He told his subordinates to dp– decline to prosecute– certain cases, | 他让下属对某些案件拒绝起诉 |
[00:48] | and the prosecution believes this was in trade | 而控方认为他这样做 |
[00:50] | for financial and sexual favors. | 是为了换取金钱或性 |
[00:53] | That… is what it comes down to. | 这就是本案的情况 |
[00:56] | But the prosecution has a problem. | 不过控方忽略了一点 |
[00:59] | The evidence that they presented at the trial | 他们在审讯时提供的 |
[01:02] | was entirely circumstantial, and to be granted a new trial, | 仅仅是间接证据 要想获准复议 |
[01:05] | we don’t even have to disprove any of it. | 我们甚至无需去反驳那些证据 |
[01:08] | What we need to do, what we intend to do, is to persuade your honor | 我们只需让法官大人您相信 |
[01:13] | that if the jury had heard the new evidence | 如果陪审团当时看到 |
[01:15] | that you will hear over the next two weeks, | 我们将在未来两周内呈现给你的新证据 |
[01:17] | they likely would have reached a different verdict. | 他们可能会做出截然不同的判决 |
[01:21] | No, I’m all right. | 不 我没事 |
[01:22] | I’m just, uh, staying for the opening arguments. | 我只是在等开庭辩论而已 |
[01:24] | How is it going? | 情况怎么样 |
[01:26] | Good. They feel good. | 感觉不错 |
[01:27] | Good. The judge likes Peter. | 很好 法官喜欢彼得 |
[01:29] | He just needs to be given a reason to decide for him. | 给他个理由 他就会做对彼得有利的判决 |
[01:32] | Anyway, sorry to be loading up on you, | 话说 还得给你添麻烦 |
[01:34] | but the client’s going to be here in an hour. | 客户一小时后就到了 |
[01:35] | What client? | 什么客户 |
[01:37] | Colin Sweeney. | 科林·斯威尼 |
[01:39] | I love the reaction that name gets. | 我喜欢别人听到这个名字的反应 |
[01:41] | It’s like the horses in Young Frankenstein. | 好像见了鬼似的 |
[01:44] | Are we really going to represent him? | 我们真的要为他辩护吗 |
[01:46] | We are really going to represent him. | 我们真的要为他辩护 |
[01:48] | And, lucky you, you’re now second chair. | 而幸运的你呢 要做他的次席律师 |
[01:50] | Lucky me. | 确实很幸运 |
[01:51] | I’ll see you in an hour. | 一小时后见 |
[01:54] | Clients are going to bolt. | 客户们会哗变 |
[01:57] | Your clients. | 只有你的客户会 |
[01:58] | You mean the bleeding heart feminists who don’t pay the bills? | 那些不付钱的婆婆妈妈的女权主义者 |
[02:02] | Don’t play that game. This isn’t a feminist issue. | 别偷换概念 这和女权主义无关 |
[02:04] | Colin Sweeney killed his wife. | 科林·斯威尼杀死了他的妻子 |
[02:05] | Colin Sweeney was found not guilty of killing his wife. | 科林·斯威尼被判无罪 |
[02:08] | – So was O.J. – Yes, and… | -当初辛普森也被判无罪 -是的 |
[02:11] | why am I the one standing up for “Innocent until proven guilty” Here? | 但为什么只有我力挺”无罪推定” |
[02:14] | Because you’re not. | 因为你根本意不在此 |
[02:15] | You want his company’s business. | 你不过是想争取他公司的生意 |
[02:17] | Yes, as should you. | 对 你也该这样想 |
[02:18] | We lost a third of our business with Stern leaving the firm. | 斯特恩一走 公司损失了1/3的生意 |
[02:21] | We can’t turn our noses up at any clients these days. | 我们没立场对客户挑三拣四的 |
[02:24] | Because we know we’re not making | 你心爱的案子无法给公司 |
[02:25] | – any money from your pet causes. – It’s not a pet cause. | -带来任何收入 -那不是我心爱的案子 |
[02:28] | It’s not even a lawsuit yet. I’m just considering it. | 都还没有立案 我只是考虑一下 |
[02:31] | Come on. You can’t win. | 得了 你赢不了的 |
[02:32] | You don’t even want to win. | 你根本不是想打赢 |
[02:34] | You just want to harass gun manufacturers. | 你只想找枪械制造商的麻烦 |
[02:37] | So, it’s the wild west, is it? | 现在就像在大西部 是吧 |
[02:38] | Without Stern, you have one vote, | 斯特恩走后 你有一个表决权 |
[02:40] | I have one vote, and now it’s every man for himself? | 我也有一个表决权 我们各自为政 |
[02:44] | Looks like it. | 看起来是这样 |
[02:45] | We’re heading into a bad time. | 前景不妙啊 |
[02:51] | Revolvers, semiautomatics, six-shot, eight-shot. | 左轮手枪 半自动式 6发式 8发式 |
[02:56] | To win, we have to show that the gun manufacturer | 为了胜诉 我们必须证明这些制造商 |
[02:58] | knowingly violated state law | 故意违反了本州法律 |
[02:59] | when they allowed guns to be illegally distributed. | 因为他们违法分销枪支 |
[03:02] | Every single one of them was bought within two miles of here. | 这里每支枪 都是在2英里以内买到的 |
[03:06] | – They’re all unloaded? – Mm-hmm. | -都没装子弹? -嗯 |
[03:08] | Slide the bolt to check for a chambered round. | 拉开枪栓 检查枪膛内是否有子弹 |
[03:10] | Drop the magazine. Do a physical check of the barrel. | 卸下弹夹 检查枪管 |
[03:15] | You’re unloaded. | 确实没装子弹 |
[03:17] | It’s so odd– | 太奇怪了 |
[03:18] | The attraction to handguns. It’s almost primal. | 手枪对人的吸引力 近乎原始 |
[03:21] | It’s a good look– Sarah palin-esque. | 看起来真酷 颇有萨拉·佩林之风啊 |
[03:23] | Oh, wow. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:26] | What about that one? | 那一支呢 |
[03:27] | Walther ppk, seven-shot, 9mm. | 沃尔瑟PPK 7发式 9毫米口径 |
[03:29] | And how much would this cost on the street? | 这东西在外面卖多少钱 |
[03:31] | It depends. | 看情况 |
[03:33] | -That was 50. – Check this out. | -这把我花了五十块 -看这把 |
[03:35] | – It’s so small. – Colin sweeney? | -真小 -科林·斯威尼 |
[03:37] | I heard it was a necrophilia thing. | 听说他奸尸 |
[03:39] | Nope. Chopped her up. Put her in the dog food. | 不 是把他妻子切块 混到狗食里 |
[03:42] | Don’t know what the hell that jury was thinking. | 鬼晓得陪审团怎么想的 |
[03:43] | Tough to convict when they never found a body. | 找不到尸体就很难说服陪审团 |
[03:45] | It’s the perfect crime. | 这是完美的犯罪 |
[03:46] | Do people still use sawed-off shotguns these days | 现在还有人用这枪身锯短的枪吗 |
[03:48] | or is pass? | 还是已经过时了 |
[03:49] | So, why is Alicia on it? | 为什么让艾丽西娅来接 |
[03:50] | Oh, you know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[03:52] | Her husband prosecuted him the first time. | 上次起诉他的是她丈夫 |
[03:54] | So? | 所以? |
[03:55] | Who better to defend him? | 谁最适合替他辩护呢 |
[03:59] | Mrs. Florrick. A pleasure to meet you. | 福瑞克夫人 很高兴见到你 |
[04:04] | Don’t worry. I killed her with my other hand. | 别担心 杀死她的是另外那只手 |
[04:08] | Joking. | 玩笑而已 |
[04:09] | Sorry. I’ve developed a perverse sense of the comic over the last year. | 抱歉 我去年起开始开这种低级玩笑 |
[04:14] | Okay, well, let’s try not to joke like that | 上庭之后 别开这种玩笑 好吗 |
[04:17] | You think it’ll come to that– court? | 你觉得我们需要上庭? |
[04:20] | Cantwell is a top litigator– he wants a trial. | 坎特韦尔是名顶级诉讼律师 他想要上庭 |
[04:22] | Our goal is to avoid a jury. | 我们的目标是避免让陪审团判决 |
[04:24] | You’re in a similar situation to O.J., | 你和辛普森的情况很相似 |
[04:26] | If you don’t mind me continuing the metaphor. | 打个比方 无意冒犯 |
[04:28] | Like O.J., you were found not guilty, | 像辛普森一样 你被判无罪 |
[04:31] | but people think you did it, | 但人们都认为是你干的 |
[04:32] | and they want to see you hurt. | 他们希望你被判有罪 |
[04:33] | Your stepdaughter is counting on that | 你的继女想利用这点 |
[04:34] | That’s why she’s suing you in civil court. | 因此她才在民事法庭起诉你 |
[04:36] | Charlotte– we never saw eye to eye, I’m afraid. | 夏洛特和我一向意见不合 |
[04:39] | She resented Carolyn leaving her father for me. | 她恨她母亲为我离开了她父亲 |
[04:42] | Unfortunately, the Illinois slayer statute says | 不幸的是 伊利诺伊谋杀法令规定 |
[04:44] | you can’t inherit someone’s estate if you cause their death. | 若你导致某人死亡 就无法继承死者财产 |
[04:47] | If Charlotte wins, she gets the money, the company. | 若夏洛特胜诉 她将得到钱和公司 |
[04:53] | What do you think, Mrs. Florrick? | 你怎么想 福瑞克夫人 |
[04:56] | What do I think about what? | 什么我怎么想 |
[04:58] | Your husband prosecuted me. | 你的丈夫起诉过我 |
[04:59] | You must have an opinion as to my guilt or innocence. | 我是否有罪 你一定有自己的见解 |
[05:02] | My opinion is irrelevant. | 我的想法无关紧要 |
[05:04] | Not to me. Not at this moment. | 此刻它对我来说很重要 |
[05:07] | You think I killed my wife? | 你觉得是我杀了我妻子吗 |
[05:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:14] | Look, you pay us to represent your interests… | 你雇我们为你辩护… |
[05:16] | Even though her body was never found? | 但没人发现她的尸体 |
[05:19] | I’m sure you found ways to dispose of it. | 你想办法处理掉了 |
[05:21] | Chopped her up and buried her in a landfill somewhere? | 切成块 然后埋在垃圾坑里 是吗 |
[05:24] | Or in lake Michigan. | 或者扔进了密歇根湖里 |
[05:25] | And my alibi? | 那我的不在场证明呢 |
[05:27] | That you were driving from St. Louis to Chicago at the time? | 你只说你当时正从圣路易斯驾车回芝加哥 |
[05:31] | So you have no problem representing a murderer? | 看来你不介意为杀人犯辩护嘛 |
[05:35] | Oh, I have a great problem with it. | 我很介意 |
[05:37] | But you’ll do it anyway? | 但你还是会帮我 对吗 |
[05:39] | Unless you’d like to exclude me. | 除非你想让我回避 |
[05:43] | Oh, not for the world. | 当然不想 |
[05:45] | Okay, great. Well, now that we’ve got that settled… | 很好 既然把话说开了… |
[05:47] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[05:51] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[05:52] | Cory, let’s get some wd-40 on that. | 科里 给门上点润滑油 |
[05:56] | Calm down. | 安静 |
[06:00] | Give me that. You. Now. | 把相机给我 就是你 给我 |
[06:03] | Don’t try to hide it. Now! | 别藏了 交出来 |
[06:07] | Okay, now, I know you’re all are excited about this trial, | 我知道 你们对本次庭审都很激动 |
[06:10] | But this is a probate matter, and, as such, | 但这不过宗遗产案子 |
[06:13] | you’re just visiting here. I live here. My rules go. | 而你们是客 我是主 客随主便 |
[06:16] | Mr. Gardner, are you ready? | 加德纳先生 准备好了吗 |
[06:18] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[06:19] | Mr. Cantwell? | 坎特韦尔先生 |
[06:21] | Where the hell is Cantwell? | 坎特韦尔在哪里 |
[06:24] | I, uh… | 我… |
[06:26] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[06:28] | Nancy Crozier… | 南希·克罗泽 |
[06:29] | Your honor. Mr. Cantwell has taken sick, | 法官大人 坎特韦尔先生病了 |
[06:32] | and the plaintiff has asked me to step in. | 原告由我来跟进 |
[06:35] | Miss Armitage? | 阿米塔小姐 |
[06:36] | Yes. | 在 |
[06:36] | You can request a continuance if you would like to | 如果你想另找律师 |
[06:39] | look for other representation. | 就可以要求延期再审 |
[06:41] | As you can see, the defense has spared no expense. | 反正被告不计花销 |
[06:44] | Yes, uh, I know, your honor, | 是的 我知道 法官大人 |
[06:48] | but Nancy and I go way back, and I think | 但我和南希是老交情了 |
[06:49] | I’d rather go with someone I trust. | 我觉得找个信得过的人比较妥当 |
[06:51] | Ma’am, you’re not old enough to go way back, | 年纪轻轻的 哪来的老交情 |
[06:54] | But if, uh, Miss… What is it? | 这位律师叫什么来着 |
[06:56] | Crozier. | 克罗泽 |
[06:57] | Crozier is your choice… | 但要是你选择克罗泽 |
[06:59] | Come on up here, Miss Crozier. | 就请克罗泽小姐上来吧 |
[07:01] | Okay. That’s where you sit. | 好 坐在那里 |
[07:03] | Slip in a motion for a bench trial | 趁她没搞清楚状况 |
[07:05] | before she knows what hit her. | 提请由法官直接审理此案 |
[07:06] | Your honor, just a quick request before we begin. | 法官大人 我方有一请求 |
[07:09] | We respect your judgment in this matter, and | 我方充分信任您对此案的判断 因此 |
[07:11] | we would like to ask for this to be a bench trial. | 我方想请求由法官直接审理此案 |
[07:13] | Miss Crozier? | 克罗泽小姐? |
[07:14] | I’m sorry. Could you…? What was the question, your honor? | 抱歉 您问什么 法官大人 |
[07:18] | They would like this to be a bench trial. | 他们希望此案由法官直接审理 |
[07:23] | They want not to have a jury. | 他们不想要陪审团审判 |
[07:25] | Do you have an argument? | 你有异议吗 |
[07:28] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[07:29] | Well, if you don’t know, then I must decide against you. | 既然你不知道 那我就准予被告请求了 |
[07:36] | Well, the one thing that I would say, your honor, | 法官大人 我只想说一点 我认为 |
[07:38] | is that… that I do think that it would be fairer | 由一个成员立场各异的团体来审判 |
[07:42] | to have a cross section of people, not just one. | 比一人独立审判更公平 |
[07:45] | Please don’t take that the wrong way. | 无意冒犯 |
[07:46] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[07:47] | I think that it would be… fairer | 我认为 基于法律的审判 |
[07:51] | if we decide this matter on the law, | 比基于陪审团的情感倾向的审判 |
[07:54] | not on the passions of a jury. | 要更公平 |
[07:57] | Miss Crozier? | 克罗泽小姐? |
[07:58] | That might be true, but I’m not going to try and, uh… | 这话或许有道理 但我不会试图… |
[08:02] | rile up those passions. | 煽动利用陪审团的情感倾向 |
[08:04] | I just… I want them to hear the truth. | 我只是… 想让他们知道真相 |
[08:08] | Well, you’ve won your first argument, Miss Crozier. | 你刚赢了你的第一次辩论 克罗泽 |
[08:11] | We’ll start choosing a jury tomorrow morning. | 我们明早开始选择陪审团成员 |
[08:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:15] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[08:16] | Cute, perky, 26 just happened. | 她漂亮 伶俐 年方26 |
[08:37] | Thank you for giving us some of your time, Mr. Brody. | 感谢你抽空见我们 布罗迪先生 |
[08:40] | What do you want? | 你们想怎么样 |
[08:42] | We’re going to subpoena you to testify. | 我们打算传唤你出庭作证 |
[08:44] | You do understand I’ll be a hostile witness? | 你们应该知道 我会是个敌意证人 |
[08:47] | We understand that you weren’t always so hostile. | 我们知道 你以前并无敌意 |
[08:49] | That was before you were corrupt. | 那是在你堕落之前 |
[08:51] | I think we’re saying that we’re not the enemy. | 我们只想告诉你 你的敌人不是我们 |
[08:53] | Peter hired you at the state’s attorney’s office. | 是彼得雇你进州检察官办公室 |
[08:56] | He promoted you four times. | 他曾四度提拔你 |
[08:58] | Glenn Childs promoted you once. | 格伦·查尔兹只提拔了你一次 |
[09:00] | He’ll never let you rise any higher. | 而且以后也不会再提拔你 |
[09:02] | He thinks you have one leg still in Peter’s camp. | 他认为你和彼得还有瓜葛 |
[09:05] | Oh, so that’s what this is about? | 这就是你们的目的 |
[09:06] | – Influencing my testimony. – No. | -影响我的证词 -不是 |
[09:08] | It’s about getting you to tell the truth, even if it hurts Childs. | 是让你说出真相 即使对查尔兹不利 |
[09:11] | I have always told the truth. | 我向来只说真相 |
[09:13] | I know a lot of people who’ve always told the truth, | 我认识很多只说真相的人 |
[09:15] | and yet, here I stand. | 然而 我却如此下场 |
[09:18] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你 |
[09:19] | Are you really fulfilled chasing my wife from court to court? | 挨个法庭追击我妻子 你就满足了? |
[09:24] | I respected you. Childs has turned you into an errand boy. | 我尊敬你 查尔兹却把你当跑龙套的使唤 |
[09:30] | Mr. Florrick, you hired me. I’m grateful for that. | 福瑞克先生 你雇用了我 我由衷感激 |
[09:33] | You ran a tough department. I admire that. | 你管理棘手的部门 我也很钦佩你 |
[09:36] | But the day you started slipping your wife information | 但从你泄密给你妻子以用于法庭那天起 |
[09:39] | to use in court, that’s the day I lost respect for you… | 你就失去了我的尊敬 |
[09:47] | Seems like a busy room. | 看起来很忙啊 |
[09:49] | They asked me here. | 他们叫我过来的 |
[09:50] | Yes, they asked me here, too. | 是的 他们也叫我过来 |
[09:52] | They must have wanted us to bump into each other. | 他们肯定想让我们撞见 |
[09:54] | Just a quirk in scheduling. | 凑巧而已 |
[09:59] | I told them to go to hell. | 我叫他们去死 |
[10:00] | I have no doubt. | 我相信你 |
[10:06] | So that’s why I’m here? | 这就是叫我来的原因吗 |
[10:08] | To see Matan leaving? | 看马坦离开 |
[10:09] | We needed a fourth in our pinochle game. | 不 打牌三缺一 |
[10:11] | Next time, phone me with your strategic plan, | 下次 打电话告诉我你的战略计划 |
[10:14] | so I don’t have to actually leave my office. | 我就省得离开办公室了 |
[10:20] | Poor show. | 蹩脚的戏码 |
[10:23] | You think it worked? | 你觉得起作用了吗 |
[10:26] | I think we’ll know more when Matan testifies. | 等马坦作证时 就知道了 |
[10:31] | You think he’d sell them after his wife’s death. | 他妻子死后 他竟然没卖掉这些画 |
[10:34] | My guess is he didn’t buy them until then. | 我猜是在他妻子死后才买的 |
[10:40] | So, are they going to go with electronic monitoring? | 要安装电子监控吗 |
[10:43] | For Peter? Yes, if he wins the appeal. | 给彼得? 是的 如果上诉成功的话 |
[10:46] | Kids are excited? | 孩子们很激动吧 |
[10:47] | Yeah… But nervous. | 是的 不过有点紧张 |
[10:48] | And you? | 你呢 |
[10:50] | Same. | 一样 |
[10:52] | It’s going to be weird, huh? | 以后会很怪 是吧 |
[10:54] | What do you mean? | 你指什么 |
[10:55] | I don’t know what I mean. | 我也不知道 |
[10:59] | We said we’d have dinner, didn’t we? | 我们说好有空共进晚餐的 是吧 |
[11:01] | Yes. We should. | 是的 有空去呗 |
[11:04] | So sorry to keep you waiting. | 很抱歉让你们久等 |
[11:08] | You’re comfortable, I hope. | 希望你们没什么不自在 |
[11:10] | After Carolyn disappeared, i sold the house and moved in here. | 卡罗琳失踪后 我卖了房子 搬到这里 |
[11:14] | A bit cramped, unfortunately. | 可惜房子有点狭小 |
[11:18] | Now, as I understand it, | 按照我的理解 |
[11:20] | you’re going to try to make me more likable. | 你们想让我更讨人喜欢 |
[11:23] | Well, in a civil case, we can’t keep you off the stand. | 这是民事诉讼 我们护不了你 |
[11:26] | You have to testify. | 你必须出庭作证 |
[11:27] | Yes, before a jury. | 是的 在陪审团面前作证 |
[11:29] | That was unexpected. | 真是出人意料 |
[11:32] | Unexpected things happen in a courtroom, | 法庭经常有出人意料的事 |
[11:33] | That’s why we try to avoid them if we can. | 所以我们要尽量避开它们 |
[11:36] | And now you’re worried i’ll say something unfortunate on the stand like | 你们担心我出庭时会说些不该说的话 |
[11:40] | what I did with her remains? | 比如怎么处理我妻子的骸骨 |
[11:42] | Take this seriously, Mr. Sweeney. | 严肃一点 斯威尼先生 |
[11:44] | If you value your money, you should take this seriously. | 如果你珍惜自己的钱 就该严肃一点 |
[11:47] | Thank you, Mrs. Florrick. | 谢谢 福瑞克女士 |
[11:50] | Of course. And I do value my money, | 我知道了 我也的确珍惜我的钱 |
[11:56] | So I will. | 我会严肃的 |
[11:58] | A civil case can get ugly. | 民事诉讼中 对方律师会穷追猛打 |
[12:00] | They can pick apart your marital troubles with a fine-tooth comb. | 他们会对你的婚姻问题吹毛求疵 |
[12:04] | You two fought a lot, didn’t you? | 你和你妻子常吵架 是吗 |
[12:05] | Constantly. | 经常吵 |
[12:07] | Carolyn and I had a tempestuous relationship. | 我和卡罗琳的关系就像暴风雨 |
[12:10] | But we were devoted to each other, | 可我们深爱着对方 |
[12:11] | classically s and m. | 典型的一个愿打 一个愿挨 |
[12:14] | – That’s her? – Yes. | -那是她吗 -是的 |
[12:16] | She hated that photo, so I had it enlarged. | 她讨厌那张照片 所以我把它放大 |
[12:19] | They will put on evidence that you were unfaithful to her with multiple women. | 他们会提出证据 证明你与多名女子有染 |
[12:23] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[12:24] | Well, I had sex with other women. | 我有和其他女人上床 |
[12:27] | Carolyn didn’t do tricks. She knew I needed them, | 卡罗琳不玩把戏 她知道我需要它们 |
[12:31] | so she was okay with me going elsewhere. | 所以她同意我找别的女人 |
[12:33] | I’m sorry, “Tricks”? | 什么”把戏” |
[12:35] | Leather, handcuffs, cross-dressing… | 皮装 手铐 穿异性服装… |
[12:38] | Does that make me more likable or less? | 这让我更讨喜呢 还是相反 |
[12:40] | I’ve lost track of the zeitgeist these days. | 近期来 我都忘了这时代的主流了 |
[12:43] | But you still claim you were in love? | 你声称自己还爱着她 |
[12:45] | Yes, madly. | 是的 疯狂地爱着她 |
[12:48] | Her accountant testified at the murder trial | 她的会计在谋杀案的审讯时作证 |
[12:50] | that she demanded to see the books that day, | 说她当天要求查账 |
[12:52] | and something she saw apparently upset her. | 一查之下 她非常震怒 |
[12:55] | One of the things she saw was this. | 她发现 |
[12:57] | Withdrawals, made by you, for hundreds and thousands of dollars. | 你从账上提取了几十万美金 |
[13:00] | I told you. Carolyn didn’t begrudge me my appetites. | 我说过 卡罗琳不介意我的小小嗜好 |
[13:06] | There were rumors that she wanted to oust you from the family business. | 有传言说 她有意把你踢出家族生意 |
[13:09] | Yes, and there were rumors you knew of your husband’s whores. | 还有传言说 你默许你丈夫召妓 |
[13:13] | Probably not the best answer in court. | 出庭最好别这么回答 |
[13:16] | Is it true that when they told you of your wife’s death, | 当你得知妻子的死讯 你说 |
[13:18] | you said, “Oh, no, now I’ll need a fourth for bridge.” | “这下好 桥牌缺人了” 此事是否属实 |
[13:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:25] | And when Paul Mccartney was told | 当保罗得知列侬的死讯 |
[13:27] | of John Lennon’s death, he said, “What a drag.” | 他说 “真他妈倒霉” |
[13:37] | I’m not going to be a very good witness, am I? | 我不适合作证 是吧 |
[13:41] | No, you’re not. | 没错 |
[13:44] | I didn’t do it. | 她不是我杀的 |
[13:49] | How did that sound? | 这语调效果如何 |
[13:55] | Volquartsen 3.5 compact. | 沃尔库特森 3.5口径 |
[13:58] | Three pounds, ten-shot mag, | 重3磅 10发弹夹 |
[14:00] | adjustable rear and blade front– | 可调表尺 片状准星 |
[14:02] | It’ll take down any man in his tracks. | 见神杀神 遇鬼灭鬼 |
[14:05] | What if she doesn’t have a FOID? | 如果她没有持枪许可证呢 |
[14:07] | Apply for one. You’ll have a gun in 30 days. | 去申请 30天就能批下来 |
[14:09] | What if she doesn’t have 30 days? | 如果她等不了30天呢 |
[14:11] | Do you have a firearm owner id? | 你有持枪许可证吗 |
[14:14] | Then buy it for her. | 你帮她买 |
[14:18] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[14:21] | That’s our case. | 这是我们的突破口 |
[14:22] | That’s how illegal guns get out on the street. | 非法枪支就是这样外流的 |
[14:25] | So, do you want to buy it? | 你想买吗 |
[14:27] | Do we need it? | 我们需要它吗 |
[14:28] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[14:29] | Do you? | 你需要它吗 |
[14:34] | I was checking on a court date and I found out. | 我在查出庭安排时发现 |
[14:39] | you passed on the lawsuit. | 你决定不立案 |
[14:42] | So, what are we doing here? | 那为什么还来这里 |
[14:49] | Ten years ago, a drug dealer named Jeffrey Spellman | 10年前 一名叫杰弗里·斯佩尔曼的毒贩 |
[14:52] | was convicted of double murder in the 24th ward. | 因24区的双重谋杀案而获罪 |
[14:55] | At his sentencing hearing, he threatened | 在他的量刑听证会上 |
[14:57] | to kill his lawyer when he got out. | 他叫嚣 出狱后要杀了他的律师 |
[15:00] | You were his lawyer? | 你就是他的律师? |
[15:03] | I also spoke last week at his parole hearing. | 我还在他上周的假释听证会上发言了 |
[15:07] | He saw you speak? | 他看见你发言了? |
[15:10] | He’d made subsequent threats. | 他放了狠话 |
[15:14] | Has he been released? | 他假释出狱了吗 |
[15:16] | They decide on Friday. | 周五才裁定 |
[15:18] | Okay. You need a gun. | 好吧 你得买把枪 |
[15:21] | No, the thing is, | 问题是 |
[15:22] | I’ve been in the forefront of gun control my entire life. | 我向来是支持枪支管制的先锋 |
[15:24] | My father wrote the first legislation into the Illinois constitution. | 我父亲最先把枪支管制纳入伊利诺斯宪法 |
[15:28] | You need something easy to shoot. | 你需要一把容易上手的枪 |
[15:29] | Light on recoil, 9mm– a beretta. | 后坐力小 9毫米口径 贝雷塔枪 |
[15:32] | No, this was a mistake. | 我不该来的 |
[15:36] | Look, I know you’re my boss, | 我知道你是我老板 |
[15:37] | and I’ll do whatever you want. | 我遵从你的意思 |
[15:41] | You spoke at a killer’s parole hearing | 但一个杀人犯看见你 |
[15:43] | and he saw you speak against his release. | 在他的假释听证会上发言 反对他假释出狱 |
[15:46] | That’s what I’d call a volatile situation. | 事急从权 |
[15:48] | So listen to me on this. You need a gun. | 听我一回 你需要一把枪 |
[15:55] | It was a task force focusing on fraudulent real estate deals. | 这个特别工作组调查欺诈性房地产交易 |
[15:58] | And these deals were called “Land flips”? | 你们管这些交易叫”翻地”? |
[16:01] | – Yes. – And as you understood it, | -是 -据你所知 |
[16:03] | there was an attempt to buy land, cheaply, through fraudulent means, | 有人试图利用欺诈手段 低价购买 |
[16:07] | near the stadiums that were to be built for the Olympics? | 即将动工的奥运会场周围的土地 |
[16:09] | Yes, sir. | 是 |
[16:10] | And during the time you were heading up this task force, | 在你管理这个工作组期间 |
[16:14] | you were approached by Mr. Childs | 查尔兹先生找上你 |
[16:15] | to keep an eye on Mr. Florrick, isn’t that correct? | 让你盯着福瑞克先生 是吗 |
[16:21] | Could you define “Keep an eye on”? | 请定义一下”盯着” |
[16:23] | He suggested that Mr. Florrick had a hidden motive for this task force. | 他暗示福瑞克先生建立工作组是别有用心 |
[16:29] | Objection, your honor. | 反对 |
[16:30] | I have no idea why you are objecting to that, Mr. Landry. | 兰德里先生 你反对这干嘛 |
[16:33] | A leading question, your honor. | 诱导性问题 |
[16:36] | I know I might need a scorecard here, Mr. Landry. | 我大概需要个记分牌 |
[16:39] | Isn’t Mr. Brody a hostile witness? Isn’t he on your side? | 布罗迪先生不是站在你们那边的吗 |
[16:43] | It’s still leading, your honor. | 但这仍是个诱导性问题 |
[16:44] | Overruled. You may answer the question. | 反对无效 证人请回答 |
[16:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:49] | You may have to remind us all what that “Yes” Means. | 你说”是的” 是什么意思 |
[16:52] | Yes, Mr. Childs suggested Peter might have a hidden motive. | 是的 查尔兹先生暗示彼得是别有用心 |
[16:56] | This hidden motive was that Mr. Florrick arranged this task force | 别有用心 是指福瑞克先生借此工作组 |
[17:00] | in order to then shake down the real estate developers for payoffs? | 来要挟房地产开发商向他行贿? |
[17:04] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[17:05] | And did you agree with Mr. Childs’ estimation? | 你同意查尔兹先生的看法吗 |
[17:08] | My opinion was irrelevant. I did what I was asked. | 我的想法无关紧要 我只是按要求办事 |
[17:12] | By whom? | 谁的要求 |
[17:14] | Excuse me. | 什么 |
[17:14] | You said that you did what you were asked. | 你说你是按要求办事 |
[17:16] | Who were you referring to? | 谁的要求呢 |
[17:18] | It was a figure of speech. | 这只是一种措辞方式 |
[17:20] | I understand, but figures of speech mean something, | 我知道 但措辞方式有它的含义 |
[17:21] | so who asked you to do something: | 那么 是谁的要求呢 |
[17:23] | Was it your boss, Mr. Florrick, | 是你的上级 福瑞克先生 |
[17:25] | or was it Mr. Childs, your peer? | 还是和你平级的查尔兹先生 |
[17:32] | Mr. Childs. | 查尔兹先生 |
[17:34] | What did he ask you to do? | 他让你干什么 |
[17:37] | He asked me to keep track of Peter. | 他让我留意彼得的动向 |
[17:39] | He thought he was being bribed to dp cases. | 他说彼得对一些案子拒绝起诉 是收了贿赂 |
[17:43] | And so, how are these cases going now? | 那么这些案子现在进展如何 |
[17:48] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[17:49] | These cases that Mr. Florrick asked you to drop– | 福瑞克先生让你不予起诉的那些案子 |
[17:52] | I mean, you must be fervently pursuing them | 既然福瑞克不能再横加阻挠 |
[17:55] | now that Peter Forrick is no longer around to obstruct them. | 这些案子 你们一定一查到底吧? |
[17:58] | – No, sir. – My goodness. What happened to them? | -不 -天呐 那你们怎么处理的 |
[18:04] | We dropped them. | 我们没有起诉 |
[18:11] | Your witness. | 到你发问了 |
[18:12] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢法官大人 |
[18:14] | Uh, actually, just to be clear, | 事先说明 |
[18:17] | you are the defendant’s sister-in-law, Mariel? | 你是被告的小姨子 玛瑞尔? |
[18:21] | The defendant who killed my sister? | 你是说杀害我姐姐的被告? |
[18:23] | – Yes. – Your honor, do I really need to object? | -没错 -法官大人 这还用我反对吗 |
[18:26] | We all need to perform our roles here, Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 咱们都得有点敬业精神 |
[18:29] | Yes, you need to object,and, | 所以你还是说声”反对”吧 |
[18:30] | yes, I need to sustain. | 而我呢 得说声”反对有效” |
[18:32] | I’m sorry, your honor. We won’t let that happen again. | 抱歉 法官大人 下不为例 |
[18:35] | Now, I have to ask you a question that I am not proud of. | 现在 我得问你一个不光彩的问题 |
[18:40] | – sexual question. Do you mind? – No. | -和性有关的 你介意吗 -不介意 |
[18:43] | – Please. That’s why I’m here. – Okay. | -问吧 不然我来干嘛 -好吧 |
[18:46] | You and the defendant, Mr. Sweeney, had | 你和被告斯威尼先生 发生过… |
[18:50] | sexual relations? | 性关系? |
[18:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:53] | – He had sex with his wife’s sster? – Yeah, that’s correct. | -他和他妻子的妹妹有染? -没错 |
[18:58] | Sorry. I think I’m blushing. | 抱歉 我脸红了 |
[19:01] | I’m from Michigan. This is all new to me. | 我来自密歇根州 从没遇到过这种事 |
[19:04] | She’s very good. | 她很厉害 |
[19:06] | Uh, Miss Armitage, | 阿米塔小姐 |
[19:08] | What could possibly have led you | 究竟是什么 |
[19:10] | to sleep with your own sister’s husband? | 使得你和你亲姐姐的丈夫发生性关系 |
[19:13] | I struggled with addiction my whole life, | 我一直有毒瘾 |
[19:16] | and my sister and I were estranged over it. | 我姐姐因此与我疏远 |
[19:21] | So I suppose I– I don’t know– i did it just to get back at her. | 我想 或许 我只是为了报复她 |
[19:25] | And Colin was too happy to help. | 而科林很乐意帮我一把 |
[19:27] | He used to make me do things. You know, things his wife wouldn’t do. | 他让我做一些事 一些她妻子不肯做的事 |
[19:31] | Like the time he had me tie up his… | 有一次 他让我绑住他的… |
[19:34] | I think that that is enough. I’m just going to sit down. | 请别说了 我得坐下 |
[19:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:41] | Great job, Daniel, just outstanding. | 干得好 丹尼尔 真是漂亮 |
[19:44] | Did you see Childs? | 你看见查尔兹的表情了吗 |
[19:46] | I think we’re getting really close now. | 我想我们现在逼近核心了 |
[19:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:52] | Roman Belikov, the Russian mobster | 罗曼·别利科夫 那个我们用来威胁 |
[19:54] | we used to threaten Amber Madison with? | 安贝儿·麦迪逊的俄国暴徒 |
[19:55] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[19:56] | Not such a threat anymore. | 构不成威胁了 |
[20:10] | Amber told Childs that she wouldn’t testify. | 安贝儿告诉查尔兹 她不愿作证 |
[20:13] | I guess now she’ll be out for blood. | 现在她肯定疯狂反扑我们 |
[20:15] | It’s not going to be pretty. | 情况不容乐观啊 |
[20:28] | No. I won’t be there. | 我不去 |
[20:36] | No, I understand. It might be rough. | 我明白 场面可能会很难堪 |
[20:40] | Madison could say anything. | 麦迪逊什么都说得出来 |
[20:42] | Although Golden does think it would be better if you were there, | 不过戈登说你最好出席 |
[20:45] | so that he judge could see we… | 这样法官就能看见我们… |
[20:49] | Golden also says that the sheriff’s department | 戈登还说 如果我获释 |
[20:51] | will be setting up electronic monitoring at the house if I am released. | 警方会在家里安装电子监控 |
[20:56] | – Are you all right with that? – Yes. | -你能接受吗 -没问题 |
[21:00] | But I wanted to agree on a few things first. | 但咱们约法三章 |
[21:05] | Okay. | 你说 |
[21:10] | There’s a maid’s room. I’ve been using it for storage, | 家里有间佣人房 现在当储物间用 |
[21:13] | but I will clear it out and put a bed in there. | 我会收拾干净 安置张床 |
[21:16] | In the meantime, you can use the master bath. | 此外 你可以使用主浴室 |
[21:20] | Jackie has been helping out on weekdays while I’m at work, | 我上班时 杰姬帮忙照应家里 |
[21:23] | and I think she should continue– | 我觉得应该继续让她帮忙 |
[21:25] | picking the kids up from school, making dinner… | 接孩子们放学 做饭… |
[21:28] | And we don’t have a study. | 还有 家里没有书房 |
[21:30] | I still have your old rolltop desk; it’s in storage. | 你那张卷轴面的书桌还在 现在闲置着 |
[21:33] | I will move it to the dining room. Okay? | 我会把它搬到餐厅 如何 |
[21:38] | Do you love me? | 你爱我吗 |
[21:40] | I do. | 爱 |
[21:43] | You’re sounding like a lawyer. | 你对我说话的方式 就像个律师 |
[21:45] | I am a lawyer. | 我本来就是律师 |
[21:48] | Do you ever want to be together again? | 你到底想和我重新开始吗 |
[21:52] | Peter… I’ve been hurt, deeply. | 彼得 你伤我很深 |
[22:00] | I imagine I will heal someday, but for now… | 我想有一天 我会痊愈 但现在… |
[22:06] | We need a plan, okay? | 我们慢慢来 好吗 |
[22:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:13] | The grip is still. Focus is on the front sight. | 握紧 聚焦前瞄准具 |
[22:16] | Are you steady? | 站稳了吗 |
[22:18] | I think so. | 应该是吧 |
[22:19] | Now the hardest part– the trigger. | 接下来是最难的部分 扣扳机 |
[22:22] | There’s a natural tendency for the muscles | 你会本能地用手掌和手腕的肌肉 |
[22:25] | in the hand and wrist to move in tandem with the fingers. | 连同手指一起用力 |
[22:26] | You need to resist that. | 你得避免这个 |
[22:28] | You need to let your forefinger act independently, squeezing. | 必须用食指单独发力扣扳机 |
[22:31] | Do you understand? | 听懂了吗 |
[22:33] | I think so. | 应该是吧 |
[22:35] | And so, with almost no pressure at all, | 好 放松点 |
[22:37] | concentrate on the center of your target. | 瞄准目标的中心 |
[22:40] | Why can’t I shoot to injure? | 为什么非得打要害 |
[22:42] | You pick up a gun, you shoot to kill | 开枪就得杀人 |
[22:44] | or you don’t pick up a gun. | 不然就别拿枪 |
[22:52] | He got out– your parolee. | 他假释出狱了 那个威胁你的毒贩 |
[22:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:56] | You’re trying to stop with deadly force | 你使用致命的武力 |
[22:58] | somebody who is trying to kill you. | 只是为了阻止他杀害你 |
[23:00] | Somebody who has a mother, a father, birthday parties. | 他一样有双亲 一样开生日派对 |
[23:03] | They’re a shadow target, a bull’s-eye. | 把他当作假想靶子 或者靶心 |
[23:07] | So you dehumanize them? | 你不把他们当人看 |
[23:08] | They are dehumanized. | 环境造成的 |
[23:10] | The world doesn’t March to your drummer. | 这世界不是按你的规则运作 |
[23:12] | It’s sometimes dangerous and cruel, | 它有时很危险 很残酷 |
[23:14] | so slowly and carefully raise your weapon, | 所以 慢慢地 小心地 举起武器 |
[23:17] | make your finger work independently of your fist and arm, | 手指单独用力 拳头和手臂别使劲 |
[23:20] | and gently and indifferently squeeze. | 然后缓缓地 冷漠地扣扳机 |
[23:25] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[23:28] | Nice. | 不赖嘛 |
[23:30] | Raise your arm and try again. | 举枪 再来一次 |
[23:38] | So, um, as I was saying, Mr. Sweeney, | 斯威尼先生 警方在你住所 |
[23:42] | there was blood and skin found on a rope at your house, right? | 发现了沾了血迹和皮屑的绳子 是吗 |
[23:46] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 |
[23:48] | And, uh, this blood and skin– | 警方声明 绳子上的血液和皮屑 |
[23:51] | the police say it all matched your wife. Is that right? | 与你妻子的吻合 是吗 |
[23:55] | Yes, we like to cut our own firewood | 是的 我们喜欢自己砍柴 |
[23:57] | and wrap the kindling in rope, | 然后用绳子捆起来 |
[23:59] | And I believe my dearest Carolyn cut herself. | 我亲爱的卡罗琳肯定是砍柴时割伤了 |
[24:03] | Yeah, that seems understandable, I get that. | 听上去挺合理 |
[24:08] | So, I need to ask you this, Mr. Sweeney, please excuse me. | 那么让我冒昧问你一个问题 |
[24:11] | Go right ahead, dear. | 说吧 姑娘 |
[24:13] | You never strangled your wife, right? | 你并未掐死你妻子 是吗 |
[24:15] | My goodness, no. | 天呐 当然没有 |
[24:17] | Thank god. | 那就好 |
[24:19] | So this, uh… | 那么… |
[24:23] | …Here. | 在这儿 |
[24:25] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[24:28] | Hospital report. | 医院报告 |
[24:30] | Here it comes. | 杀手锏来了 |
[24:31] | You object– it’ll play better from you. | 你来反对 效果比我要好 |
[24:33] | This-this must be an aberration, right? | 这一定是弄错了 是吗 |
[24:36] | I don’t know, I can’t see it. | 我不知道 我看不见 |
[24:38] | It says here that your wife was admitted to the hospital, April 1997. | 上面写着你妻子97年4月被送入医院 |
[24:42] | Objection, your honor. | 反对 |
[24:43] | This was excluded from the previous trial | 此证据与案情无关 在之前的谋杀案审理中 |
[24:45] | for relevance. | 未被采用 |
[24:47] | I’ll allow. | 反对无效 |
[24:49] | Your exception is noted, counselor. Sit down. | 你的异议已记录在案 请坐下 |
[24:51] | Your wife seems to have told the medical staff something extraordinary. | 你妻子对医务人员说了些奇怪的事 |
[24:54] | She said that you tried to strangle her. | 她说你想勒死她 |
[24:57] | That’s a bit melodramatic. | 她夸大其辞了 |
[24:58] | Yes, I know it is, but my mom always used to say “When you don’t know, | 我知道 不过我妈教导我 不懂就要问 |
[25:02] | ask,” So… This is me asking. | 所以… 我在请教你 |
[25:05] | Certainly. | 好吧 |
[25:06] | Carolyn and I were practitioners of breath play. | 卡罗琳和我是窒息游戏的爱好者 |
[25:09] | I’m sorry, what is breath play? | 什么是窒息游戏 |
[25:11] | Well, I’m sure they have it in Michigan, too, Miss Crozier. | 我相信密歇根州也有这种游戏 |
[25:15] | Breath play is erotic asphyxiation. | 窒息游戏是一种性游戏 |
[25:18] | Carolyn liked the feeling of being strangled when she was having sex. | 卡罗琳喜欢在做爱时 感受窒息的快感 |
[25:27] | Oh, I think I’d better sit down now. | 我想我还是坐下吧 |
[25:33] | Your witness. | 到你发问了 |
[25:36] | Okay, we go on the offensive. | 好 我们发动攻势 |
[25:38] | I’m not going to let some 26-year-old | 我不会让一个26岁的 |
[25:40] | law school grad get the better of me. | 法学院毕业生压制住 |
[25:41] | It’s an act. | 她在演戏 |
[25:42] | Well, it’s working. | 效果很好 |
[25:44] | If we can’t prove our guy is innocent, | 既然无法证明斯威尼的清白 |
[25:45] | we need to shovel dirt on somebody else. | 我们就拖其他人下水 |
[25:47] | What about the plaintiff? | 原告怎么样 |
[25:48] | Charlotte? The jury felt sorry for her. | 夏洛特? 她刚失去了母亲 |
[25:51] | She lost her mother. We can’t suggest she’s the killer. | 陪审团同情她 我们不能说她是凶手 |
[25:53] | Go after the sister Mariel, suggest she was the killer. | 把矛头对准死者妹妹玛瑞尔 |
[25:56] | The jury liked her, too. | 陪审团也喜欢她 |
[25:57] | They didn’t like her, they believed her. | 不是喜欢她 只是相信她 |
[25:59] | I’m listening. | 继续说 |
[26:01] | Mariel was jealous of her sister. | 玛瑞尔嫉妒她姐姐 |
[26:03] | She slept with Sweeney to get back at her. | 她和斯威尼上床 是为了报复她姐姐 |
[26:04] | In my experience, | 根据我的经验 |
[26:05] | that level of jealousy just doesn’t end. | 这种极端的嫉妒 不会轻易化解 |
[26:07] | Did the cops even check her alibi? | 警察验证过她的不在场证明吗 |
[26:09] | Supposedly she was in rehab when Carolyn disappeared. | 她自称卡罗琳失踪时正在戒毒所里 |
[26:11] | Okay, get a subpoena for the records, and, Alicia, | 好 传讯她的证词 艾丽西娅 |
[26:13] | if we’re tearing down the sister’s alibi, | 要推翻玛瑞尔的不在场证明 |
[26:14] | we need to shore up Sweeney’s. | 我们得证明斯威尼的不在场证明 |
[26:16] | – How fun. – Yep, | -真有意思 -那是 |
[26:17] | you’re the Sweeney wrangler these days. | 目前你可是斯威尼的经纪人 |
[26:20] | I told you I was in my car on the drive back from St. Louis. | 跟你说了 我当时正从圣路易斯驾车回家 |
[26:24] | With no gps and no cell phone? | 没有导航仪 也没手机? |
[26:28] | You like manga? | 你喜欢日本漫画吗 |
[26:30] | I find the style bracingly visceral. | 我觉得它们的画风非常率真 |
[26:35] | You weren’t on your way back from St. Louis, were you? | 你没在从圣路易斯回家的路上 是吧 |
[26:40] | No. | 没错 |
[26:41] | Do you know that we’re losing? | 你知道我们要输了吗 |
[26:46] | Yes. | 我知道 |
[26:47] | So no stories, no lies, no diversions. | 那就别扯谎 别分散我的注意力 |
[26:52] | Where were you? | 你到底在哪 |
[26:58] | Marco, this is my lawyer. | 马可 这是我的律师 |
[27:00] | I need you to tell her where I was the day my wife disappeared. | 你告诉她 我妻子失踪那天我在哪里 |
[27:05] | I got here about 3:30 like I always do. | 我和往常一样3:30左右到这来 |
[27:09] | You rolled up after that, looking to score some opie. | 随后你就来买大烟 |
[27:13] | Opium, sometimes mixed with hash. | 就是鸦片 有时和肉末混着吃 |
[27:17] | Now you see why I didn’t tell you before? | 现在知道我为何不告诉你了吧 |
[27:20] | So you didn’t do it? | 真不是你做的? |
[27:22] | Kill Carolyn? No. | 杀卡罗琳吗 没有 |
[27:24] | Then why all the games and the jokes? | 那你那些把戏和笑话是为了什么 |
[27:26] | Do you guys mind? | 两位让让 |
[27:27] | I’m working here. | 我还要做生意 |
[27:30] | You know when I started getting | 你知道我何时开始 |
[27:32] | the best tables in restaurants? | 能在餐厅坐上最好的位置吗 |
[27:34] | The day they thought I killed my wife. | 正是人们以为我杀妻的那天 |
[27:37] | Is that really worth | 这值得吗 |
[27:39] | getting the best tables in restaurants? | 就为了餐厅最好的座位? |
[27:41] | Of course. | 当然值得 |
[27:43] | Why do you look at me the way you do? | 和你一样 人们从此对我忌惮三分 |
[27:45] | Why is my picture | 我的照片 |
[27:47] | on the front page of the Chicago Sun-times? | 出现在《芝加哥太阳时报》头版 |
[27:49] | Why does page six care what play I saw last night? | 八卦杂志刊登我昨晚看了哪场戏 |
[27:53] | If your wife is dead, and everyone thinks you did it, | 如果妻子死了 而大家都认为是你干的 |
[27:56] | well, really, what’s the difference? | 证明我杀没杀她有什么意义呢 |
[28:05] | Miss Crozier. | 克罗泽小姐 |
[28:07] | Hello? | 你好 |
[28:08] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[28:11] | I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten your name. | 抱歉我忘了你的名字 |
[28:12] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[28:13] | Right, nice to see you. | 幸会 |
[28:15] | I really hope that we can make a deal today. | 我真的希望今天可以谈妥 |
[28:17] | I just hate this courtroom fighting. | 我很讨厌法庭上的争斗 |
[28:19] | Yes, well, Will suggested that we get started, | 威尔建议我们先谈着 |
[28:22] | and he will join us later. | 他一会就过来 |
[28:24] | You’re doing very well in court. | 你在法庭上表现得很好 |
[28:26] | Oh, I don’t know about that. I’m just a beginner. | 没觉得 我还是个新手 |
[28:28] | Hmm, no, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[28:30] | Why do you say that? | 这话怎么讲 |
[28:31] | Because I think you know exactly what you’re doing. | 因为我觉得你很清楚自己在做什么 |
[28:35] | I wish I did. | 我倒想呢 |
[28:37] | Your witness Mariel– | 你的证人玛瑞尔 |
[28:38] | She doesn’t have an alibi the night of the murder. | 在谋杀当晚 没有不在场证据 |
[28:40] | She left rehab at 4:00. | 她4点离开戒毒所 |
[28:42] | And what, rushed over to kill her sister out of jealousy? | 然后因为嫉妒赶去杀掉姐姐吗 |
[28:45] | Been known to happen. | 这种事常有 |
[28:46] | The jury didn’t hate her. | 陪审团不讨厌她 |
[28:47] | They hated your client. | 他们讨厌你的客户 |
[28:48] | We spoke to Mr. Sweeney. | 我们和斯威尼先生谈过 |
[28:49] | He’s willing to offer your client 50% of the estate. | 他愿意分你客户一半遗产 |
[28:52] | No. | 不行 |
[28:53] | Charlotte lost her mother to Sweeney. | 他害夏洛特失去母亲 |
[28:55] | He has to walk away from the estate. | 他没有资格得到遗产 |
[28:57] | She’ll offer him a yearly stipend– low six figures. | 她每年会给他生活费 每次不超过30万 |
[28:59] | No. | 不行 |
[29:01] | Mr. Sweeney has an alibi. | 斯威尼先生有不在场证明 |
[29:03] | Well, I’m sure it’s a good one. | 肯定很可靠吧 |
[29:04] | It’ll be fun to try and prove it. | 要证明它的真实性 过程一定很有趣 |
[29:07] | I guess we don’t have anything to talk about, then. | 看来没什么可谈的了 |
[29:09] | But it was nice to meet you. | 但见到你很高兴 |
[29:13] | And I really love your jacket. | 我真喜欢你的外套 |
[29:16] | My mom has one just like it. | 我妈妈有件一模一样的 |
[29:25] | Our top story tonight involves the shocking developments | 今晚热点 是卡罗琳·阿米塔失踪案的 |
[29:28] | in the Carolyn Armitage disappearance case. | 令人震惊的案情进展 |
[29:30] | Police strongly suspect | 警察怀疑 |
[29:32] | that Armitage’s remains have been uncovered. | 阿米塔的遗骸已被发现 |
[29:35] | A construction crew made the grisly discovery this morning | 今晨 一位建筑工 |
[29:38] | in the courtyard of Colin Sweeney’s penthouse apartment, | 在科林·斯威尼原住所的院子里发现部分骸骨 |
[29:42] | A residency sold after the disappearance of his wife. | 此处在他妻子失踪后即被售出 |
[29:45] | The remains, which were found in a shallow grave | 骸骨在花园被浅土掩埋 |
[29:47] | in the flower garden, have yet to be identified, | 尚未做身份鉴定 |
[29:50] | But investigators believe they belong to the missing Carolyn Armitage. | 但调查人员相信它属于卡罗琳 |
[29:54] | I don’t know why I feel bad. | 我不知为何感觉很糟 |
[29:56] | – At least we know for certain now he did it. – Yep, | -至少我们确定是他干的了 -是 |
[30:00] | and we’re still defending him. | 而我们还要继续为他辩护 |
[30:01] | …Chicago Society figure, Colin Sweeney, | 《芝加哥报》指出 千夫所指的科林 |
[30:05] | a man who many believe is entirely capable of murder. | 完全有可能是谋杀犯 |
[30:14] | Oh, don’t even try it. | 少来这套 |
[30:16] | What? | 少来哪套? |
[30:17] | To patronize me with your tears. | 鳄鱼的眼泪 |
[30:21] | I thought somewhere in the back of my mind– | 我知道很不可思议 |
[30:24] | and I will admit that it made no sense– | 但我其实一直暗存希望 |
[30:28] | Carolyn might be still alive. | 卡罗琳可能还活着 |
[30:33] | Like Ken Lay, faking his own death, and hopping off | 就像漫画里的肯·雷 假死脱身 |
[30:36] | to a small island somewhere. | 躲到某个小岛上 |
[30:38] | So you’re saying you had nothing to do with this? | 你是说 你和此事无关吗 |
[30:40] | I’m saying I’ve done some terrible things in my life. I have. | 我是做过许多错事 我承认 |
[30:47] | But I did not kill my wife. | 但我没杀我妻子 |
[30:50] | Then how did her skull end up buried in your backyard? | 那她为何被埋在你的院子里 |
[30:52] | Someone put it there! | 有人栽赃 |
[30:57] | Peter’s the sort of man | 彼得 |
[30:58] | who expects things to be handed to him. | 是个希望凡事都由别人为他安排好的人 |
[31:01] | Like I was. | 包括我在内 |
[31:03] | – This was at the hotel? – Yes. | -你们是约在酒店吗 -是的 |
[31:05] | I had a room. | 我订了间房 |
[31:06] | He called his wife, said he’d be late. | 他打电话给他妻子 说会晚归 |
[31:09] | And then afterwards, he asked me if he could see me again. | 完事后 他会约我下次见面 |
[31:12] | How many times? | 你们见了多少次 |
[31:13] | Two dozen. It went on for months. | 很多次 持续了几个月 |
[31:16] | Sometimes two, three times a week. | 有时候一周2 3次 |
[31:18] | – And he knew you were being provided to him? – Yes. | -他知道有人买单? -是的 |
[31:22] | Afterwards, I would make a call in order to be paid. | 完事后 我会打电话要求付款 |
[31:25] | He heard me make those calls. | 打电话时他也在场 |
[31:29] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[31:30] | …Say anything about having to do something in return for your… | …他有说过要回报你的… |
[31:34] | Would you like to come in? | 不进去吗 |
[31:34] | services? | 服务吗? |
[31:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:37] | He told me that the men who paid me had cases against them. | 他说那些买单的人官司缠身 |
[31:42] | He understood that he had to do something about those cases. | 他说会关照他们的案子 |
[31:45] | “Do something”? | 关照? |
[31:47] | Oh, um, make them go away. | 就是让它们不了了之 |
[31:50] | He laughed about it, actually. | 他还拿这事开玩笑 |
[31:51] | said that was the price of doing business in Chicago. | 说在芝加哥办事 就得付出这种代价 |
[31:57] | Your witness. | 到你发问了 |
[31:58] | Ms. Madison, you say that Mr. Florrick knew | 麦迪逊女士 你说福瑞克知道 |
[32:01] | that someone else was paying for your services? | 有人替他付钱? |
[32:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:04] | Then,why would he pay you as well? | 那么 为何他自己还要付钱给你 |
[32:08] | He never did. | 他从没付钱 |
[32:12] | Do you… recognize this? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[32:15] | No. | 不 |
[32:17] | It’s bank records | 这是银行记录 |
[32:19] | from an account in the name of Loretta Krispinsky. | 户主是洛蕾塔·克里斯宾斯基 |
[32:22] | That is your real name, isn’t it? | 这是你的真名 对吧 |
[32:26] | Now, this particular account was closed some time ago, | 这个账户 前阵子被注销了 |
[32:30] | But the transactions are there. | 但交易记录还在 |
[32:31] | Repeated deposits in the amount of $3,500. | 多次有固定金额3500美元存入账户 |
[32:36] | Now, these are records from one of Mr. Florrick’s personal accounts, | 而福瑞克先生的一个私人账户 |
[32:40] | with corresponding withdrawals in the same amount of $3,500. | 有相应的提款记录 金额也是3500 |
[32:48] | Always within a day or two of when you deposited the money. | 通常在你存款前的1到2天内 |
[32:53] | Now, I’m going to remind you that you’re under oath, | 我得提醒你 你是对庭宣誓过的 |
[32:55] | Ms. Madison, or should I say, ms. Krispinsky? | 麦迪逊女士 或者该叫克里斯宾斯基女士? |
[33:02] | You were paid twice. | 有两方付钱给你 |
[33:04] | – Isn’t that correct? – No. | -对吗 -不是 |
[33:05] | You were paid by your procurers, who thought that | 有求于福瑞克的人付钱让你陪他 |
[33:08] | they were bribing Mr. Florrick for your services, | 以为他接受了他们的贿赂 |
[33:09] | and you were also paid by Mr. Florrick, | 而福瑞克先生也付钱给你 |
[33:13] | who didn’t know that you were being paid by others. | 他根本不知道有别人付账 |
[33:15] | Isn’t that correct? | 是这样吗 |
[33:17] | You can make numbers look like anything you want. | 这不过是个巧合 你歪曲事实 |
[33:20] | Well, actually… you can’t. | 不 没人能歪曲事实 |
[33:23] | I have no further questions for this witness, your honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 |
[33:25] | I think we’ve had quite enough of Amber Madison. | 我想我们已经见识了安贝儿·麦迪逊了 |
[33:31] | I’ve been going over the books Sweeney’s wife demanded to | 我翻查了斯威尼的妻子在失踪那天早上 |
[33:33] | see the morning she disappeared, | 要求查看的帐本 |
[33:34] | and look at this. | 看看这个 |
[33:37] | Renmart? What’s that? | 蕾马特 什么东西 |
[33:38] | It’s a dummy corporation Charlotte Armitage set up. | 夏洛特·阿米塔成立的一间皮包公司 |
[33:41] | So I cross-referenced the books against the other discovery, | 所以我把账本和其它线索对照了一下 |
[33:44] | and look at this. | 看看这个 |
[33:44] | Mariel Armitage has been in rehab several times recently, | 玛瑞尔·阿米塔最近屡进戒毒所 |
[33:47] | all paid for by her loving niece, Charlotte. | 全部由她亲爱的外甥女夏洛特买单 |
[33:51] | Now, everybody thought Carolyn was angry | 大家都以为卡罗琳 |
[33:54] | about the money Sweeney had been spending. | 是气斯威尼乱花钱 |
[33:56] | Maybe she was really angry at Charlotte. | 但或许她真正气的是夏洛特 |
[34:01] | My relationship with my mother? | 我跟我妈妈的关系? |
[34:03] | She was my best friend. | 她是我的挚友 |
[34:04] | And can you tell me what Renmart is? | 你能告诉我蕾马特是什么吗 |
[34:09] | Your honor, I think I might have to object here. | 法官大人 我想我得提出反对 |
[34:11] | my only concern is relevance. | 这问题与本案无关 |
[34:12] | Cory, I thought we were gonna get some WD-40 on those hinges. | 科里 不是让你给门轴上点润滑油吗 |
[34:18] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[34:19] | Your honor… | 法官大人 |
[34:21] | I said, overruled. | 我说了 反对无效 |
[34:23] | So, what is Renmart? | 蕾马特是什么 |
[34:24] | It was a company I started a few years ago. | 那是我几年前成立的一家公司 |
[34:27] | I live on a farm. | 我住在农场里 |
[34:28] | I was going to market a line of organic jams and jellies. | 计划自产自销有机果酱和果冻 |
[34:31] | And you withdrew a fair amount of money | 你从家庭信托中取了一大笔钱 |
[34:34] | from the family trust to fund this fruit stand, didn’t you? | 来投资这个水果站 是吗 |
[34:38] | My mother okayed that. | 我妈妈首肯的 |
[34:39] | But even after your mother disappeared, | 你妈妈消失后 |
[34:41] | you continued withdrawing money, isn’t that correct? | 你还是继续提款 是这样吗 |
[34:43] | Yet you never produced a single jar of jam. | 然而你从未生产出一罐果酱 |
[34:46] | Your company has no physical address, | 你的公司没有实际地址 |
[34:49] | except a P.O. Box. | 只有一个租用信箱 |
[34:50] | No assets except a bank account | 也没有实际的财产 |
[34:52] | that you can access any time you’d like. | 只有一个活期账户 |
[34:55] | Objection… Your honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[34:58] | On what grounds? | 反对理由是? |
[35:02] | Let me look here. | 让我查查看 |
[35:03] | Yeah, well, while you’re looking, | 好吧 你查你的 |
[35:05] | overruled. | 反对无效 |
[35:06] | You were sending money away to your aunt in rehab, | 你把钱寄给在戒毒的小姨 |
[35:08] | and you didn’t want your mother to know. | 但你不想让你妈妈知道 |
[35:09] | That is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[35:10] | So Carolyn was aware you were doing this? | 卡罗琳知道你这么做吗 |
[35:12] | No… I mean… | 不知道 不是 |
[35:14] | No, not-not at first, but… | 一开始不知道 但 |
[35:15] | And when she found out, she was angry? | 但后来她发现了 很生气? |
[35:26] | Muscina stabulans. | 厩腐蝇 |
[35:28] | A maggot? | 一种蛆? |
[35:29] | Not just any maggot. | 不是普通的蛆 |
[35:31] | This little fellow is usually found in rural areas, often near livestock, | 它通常寄居在乡下的牲畜身上 |
[35:35] | but this was buried in the courtyard of Sweeney’s old apartment. | 但这条却被埋在斯威尼原来的院子里 |
[35:39] | What’s even more unusual is that it’s here at all. | 真正奇怪的是 它居然还在遗骸上 |
[35:41] | Why wouldn’t a maggot be found on a corpse? | 尸体上有蛆 不是很正常吗 |
[35:44] | Oh, it would, as long as there was flesh to eat. | 有肉吃 它才待得住 |
[35:46] | But after two years, I’d expect to find a clean skull. | 但时隔两年 本不该有残留的人体组织 |
[35:49] | A head with so much tissue still preserved suggests | 头颅上还残留着大量人体组织 |
[35:53] | contaminants in the soil– usually lead or arsenic. | 说明土壤中有污染物 通常是铅或砷 |
[35:59] | Arsenic was used in pesticides, right? | 砷原本被用于杀虫剂 是吧 |
[36:02] | Until they banned it in the 1970s. | 70年代才被禁止 |
[36:04] | But if it was used before that, | 但若在被禁前使用过含砷杀虫剂 |
[36:06] | there’d still be concentrations of it in the soil. | 土壤中仍然会残留污染物 |
[36:08] | Pesticides like those used on a farm? | 而农场上会使用这种杀虫剂 对吧 |
[36:11] | Maybe. Why? | 或许吧 怎么了 |
[36:15] | Guess who lives on a farm in a rural area, near livestock? | 猜猜谁住在乡下农场 又近牲畜 |
[36:18] | Don’t tell me. You’re the killer. | 别告诉我 你就是凶手 |
[36:21] | Thanks, Li. You’re a prince. | 谢谢 李 你帅呆了 |
[37:25] | Justice! Come here. | 正义(狗名) 过来 |
[37:28] | Oh! You… | 你真是 |
[37:33] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[37:43] | Found something! | 有发现 |
[37:45] | The rest of Carolyn Armitage’s remains were discovered | 卡罗琳·阿米塔尸体的其余部分 |
[37:47] | buried behind the new Caledonia farm of Charlotte Armitage, her daughter. | 在其女夏洛特的农场院子里被挖出 |
[37:53] | Arrested at the scene was Charlotte Armitage. | 夏洛特被当场拘捕 |
[37:56] | Don’t you see?! He set me up! | 你们不懂吗 他陷害我 |
[37:58] | I didn’t… I didn’t do this! | 我没有… 不是我干的 |
[38:00] | He put her body here! | 他栽赃嫁祸 |
[38:02] | He killed her for her money! | 他谋财害命 |
[38:03] | He set me up! I didn’t do it! | 他陷害我 不是我干的 |
[38:05] | Don’t you… Don’t you see?! | 你们 你们看不出来吗 |
[38:18] | Give us a moment, okay? | 给我们一点时间 好吗 |
[38:25] | – Chicken sandwich? – No. | -鸡肉三明治? -不用 |
[38:34] | I have an offer to make. | 我跟你做个交易 |
[38:36] | I can’t wait. | 洗耳恭听 |
[38:37] | Tomorrow, you can go home, free. | 明天你可以回家 获得自由 |
[38:40] | I’ll argue for your release on humanitarian grounds. | 我会以人道主义理由提请释放你 |
[38:43] | You should be home with your family. | 你应该跟家人团聚 |
[38:44] | Why would you do that? | 为什么帮我 |
[38:45] | Because I’m a humanitarian. | 因为我是一名人道主义者 |
[38:51] | What’s the catch? | 交换条件是什么 |
[38:52] | The catch is hardly worthy of its name. | 这算不上交换条件 |
[38:55] | The conviction stands. | 让罪名成立 |
[38:57] | You know you DP’d those cases, Peter. | 你心知肚明 你的确拒绝起诉那几个案子 |
[39:00] | Now, it’s just you and I here. | 现在只有我和你 |
[39:02] | We can admit our feelings to each other. | 我们可以坦诚相对 |
[39:04] | – You want me to let the guilty verdict stand? – Yes. | -你想让我承认有罪? -对 |
[39:06] | with time served, you’d go home tomorrow. | 候审时间折抵刑期 你明天就能回家 |
[39:08] | – And my disbarment stands? – Yes. | -我的律师资格无法恢复? -对 |
[39:11] | And I can never run against you? | 我再也不能做你的竞选对手? |
[39:13] | That’s right. | 不错 |
[39:14] | You have no chance, Peter. You realize that. | 你没有机会 彼得 你知道的 |
[39:16] | If I have no chance, what are you doing here? | 如果我没有机会 你来干嘛 |
[39:18] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 你听我说 |
[39:20] | At a certain point, this has to move beyond retribution. | 总有一天 我们得放下冤仇 |
[39:23] | For both of us. | 我们俩都是 |
[39:24] | You have to think about your family | 你得考虑一下你的家人 |
[39:25] | or risk a failed appeal | 或者冒险上诉 |
[39:27] | and another nine years in prison, | 然后在牢里多呆九年 |
[39:29] | and how old will you be then, Peter? | 出狱时你该几岁了 彼得 |
[39:30] | How old will your kids be? | 你的小孩又几岁了 |
[39:32] | Birthday parties, boyfriends, college graduations– | 生日派对 男朋友 大学毕业 |
[39:36] | While you were in prison. | 都在你坐牢时一一错过 |
[39:37] | A life lived while you grow old in prison. | 你在牢中逐渐老朽 而生活仍在继续 |
[39:41] | Now, that’s the deal, Peter, go home tomorrow | 你选吧 彼得 是明天就回家 |
[39:43] | or risk nine more years in prison. Hmm? | 还是冒再受9年牢狱之苦的险 |
[39:52] | You think about it. | 你好好想想吧 |
[39:57] | I need you to take it. | 你拿走吧 |
[40:00] | I don’t feel… comfortable anymore. | 我觉得 不自在 |
[40:04] | You can be made to feel comfortable. | 锻炼一下就好了 |
[40:06] | I don’t think so. | 不用了 |
[40:09] | You’re scared of it? | 你害怕枪 |
[40:10] | No. | 不 |
[40:17] | I’m liking it. | 我开始喜欢 |
[40:21] | – I’ll hold it for you. – No. | -我先帮你保管 -不 |
[40:23] | I’m not going to change my mind. | 我不会改变主意 |
[40:26] | I’ll send you my bill. | 我会把账单寄给你 |
[40:27] | I expect no less. | 正合我意 |
[40:42] | Mrs. Florrick. I brought you something. | 福瑞克夫人 我给你带了礼物 |
[40:46] | A token of my esteem. | 聊表敬意 |
[40:57] | I thought it, somehow, strangely appropriate for you. | 我觉得 不知为何 它异常适合你 |
[41:03] | You did it, didn’t you? | 是你干的 对吧 |
[41:05] | Did what? | 我干了什么 |
[41:06] | Killed her. Your wife. | 杀了她 你妻子 |
[41:09] | And then you buried her in Charlotte’s yard. | 然后把她埋在夏洛特的院子里 |
[41:11] | If I did that, | 如果我栽赃 |
[41:14] | why would I leave the skull in my yard? | 为何偏偏把头骨留在自己院子里 |
[41:17] | To point us to Charlotte. | 为了把我们引向夏洛特 |
[41:18] | You’re being paranoid, Mrs. Florrick. | 你太多疑了 福瑞克夫人 |
[41:21] | Sometimes things are as they seem. | 有时候事情真相就和表面一样 |
[41:23] | The unlikely maneuver is exactly that– | 不可能的事 |
[41:26] | Unlikely. | 就是不可能 |
[41:30] | I have to go. | 我要走了 |
[41:31] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[41:36] | You just have to trust people. | 你需要信任别人 |
[41:41] | Enjoy the picture. | 希望你喜欢这幅画 |