时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on the Good Wife, | 《傲骨贤妻》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | – Sorry about that, Mr…. – McVeigh. | -抱歉 怎么称呼 -麦克维 |
[00:05] | Oh, my goodness. What an unfortunate name. | 我的天 真不幸的名字 |
[00:07] | Hopefully no relation? | 没有血缘关系吧 |
[00:09] | Oh, um, I’ve offended you? | 我冒犯你了吗 |
[00:12] | No. No. I’ll talk to you soon. | 没有 我会联系你的 |
[00:15] | I think I’ve just been visited by the Marlboro Man. | 我想我是被雷到了 |
[00:19] | – I played craps with that kid’s life. – Will, you listen, | -我拿那孩子的生命当赌注 -威尔 听着 |
[00:21] | I know you did everything. | 我知道 你已经尽力了 |
[00:34] | We’re not gonna talk about this. | 不说这个 |
[00:35] | We’re not gonna say any more. | 不往下说了 |
[00:37] | We’re gonna go to dinner in one week’s time, | 一周后我们一起吃饭 |
[00:39] | and we’ll talk then. | 到时再说 |
[00:56] | Let’s go to the bedroom. | 去你卧室吧 |
[00:57] | No. Here. | 就在这 |
[01:09] | So we can talk now, right? | 我们现在可以讨论了 对吧 |
[01:10] | I mean, the trial’s over.We can talk now. | 庭审结束了 我们可以讨论了 |
[01:12] | Yeah, we can talk. | 是的 可以讨论 |
[01:13] | We can swear. We can do whatever we want. | 还可以骂街 想做什么都行 |
[01:15] | Okay, so, we’ll do bathroom breaks first, | 那么 大家去下洗手间 |
[01:18] | then, uh, get down to it. | 回来进入正题 |
[01:19] | So, uh, what do you think? | 你怎么认为的 |
[01:22] | Guilty, right? She did it. | 有罪 是吧 她干的 |
[01:24] | Actually, I think we should wait. For everybody. | 等等吧 等人到齐了再讨论 |
[01:27] | Did you see her at the defense table? | 你在被告席上看到她了吧 |
[01:29] | Which her? | 哪个她 |
[01:30] | The one with the televangelist? | 和电视布道者一起的那个? |
[01:32] | No, no, no. Um, | 不不不 |
[01:33] | the one who sucked the toes. | 舔脚趾那个 |
[01:34] | Oh, come on. What was his name? | 哎呀 那男的叫什么名字来着 |
[01:36] | The prostitute. | 招妓那个 |
[01:37] | You’re talking about the defense attorney? | 你在说辩护律师啊 |
[01:39] | She’s the wife, right? | 她就是那男的妻子 对吧 |
[01:40] | Right. I thought I recognized her at the defense table. | 对 我就知道在被告席上是她 |
[01:44] | Reasonable doubt. | 合理怀疑 |
[01:46] | What do we mean by reasonable doubt? | 合理怀疑 意味着什么 |
[01:50] | I thought the husband got out. Didn’t he get out? | 她丈夫出狱了吧 没错吧 |
[01:52] | Boy, talk about using her. | 这是在利用她 |
[01:53] | Putting her at the defense table like that. | 把她放在被告席上博同情 |
[01:55] | She’s there ’cause she’s a good lawyer. | 她来出庭 是因为她是个好律师 |
[01:58] | Okay. Okay, okay. | 行 行 行 |
[01:59] | Everybody ready? | 都准备好了吗 |
[02:00] | Do we want to vote first? | 要不要先投个票 |
[02:03] | Right. Good idea. | 对 好主意 |
[02:04] | Um, everyone take a pad. | 每人拿张便笺 |
[02:07] | So when you take that vote, | 当你们投票时 |
[02:09] | you have to ask yourself, | 务必扪心自问 |
[02:11] | is this young woman | 这名年轻女子 |
[02:14] | capable of murder? | 下得了杀手吗 |
[02:19] | Could Bianca Price pick up a gun | 比安卡·普莱斯会拿起枪 |
[02:21] | and shoot her sorority mate in the chest? | 射入她”姐妹会”女伴的心脏吗 |
[02:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:27] | Six guilty, six not guilty. | 6票有罪 6票无罪 |
[02:29] | – Of course. – Which is so odd, | -意料之中 -真巧了 |
[02:30] | given we have six men and six women. | 咱们正好6男6女呢 |
[02:32] | Oh, what are you saying? | 说什么呢 |
[02:33] | This is a sexist thing? | 跟性别歧视有关吗 |
[02:35] | Well, of course not. This has nothing to do with her looks. | 无关 跟她的长相完全无关 |
[02:37] | – True. – That’s right. | -没错 -说得对 |
[02:39] | She’s just a sweet girl having a threesome. | 她只是个搞3P的美女 |
[02:41] | That’s because men can’t imagine a pretty woman killing somebody. | 男人不相信美女会杀人嘛 |
[02:44] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[02:45] | It’s because the prosecution didn’t do their job. | 那是因为控方的工作没做好 |
[02:47] | – Exactly. – Oh, fine. | -确实 -好嘛 |
[02:49] | Sure, I voted not guilty, but not because of her looks. | 我确实投了无罪 但并非因为她是美女 |
[02:52] | Why isn’t it just as likely that women are jealous of her looks? | 我看还没准是女人嫉妒她漂亮呢 |
[02:54] | Thank you, brother. | 谢了 老兄 |
[02:55] | You are so over the line. | 你太过分了 |
[02:57] | – Thank you. – He’s right. | -谢谢 -他说得对 |
[02:58] | – So over the line. – He’s right. | -太过分了 -他说得对 |
[02:59] | Women look at that girl and think home wrecker. | 女人一看那女孩 就会想起小三 |
[03:01] | Except she’s not a girl. She’s a grown woman. | 可惜她不是女孩 是成年女子啦 |
[03:03] | Okay, but saint– what-what’s her name? | 行 但是 那个圣女叫什么来着 |
[03:05] | – Alicia. – Right, Alicia Florrick. | -艾丽西娅 -对 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[03:06] | She was sitting right next to her, supporting her. | 她就坐在她旁边 支持着她 |
[03:09] | And defense attorneys could never be pulling tricks. | 辩护律师从不耍花招呵? |
[03:13] | Let’s just stick to the facts, huh? | 我们还是围绕事实吧 |
[03:14] | All right, all right, everybody, | 好吧 好吧 各位 |
[03:16] | raised hands, please. | 发言请举手 拜托 |
[03:17] | One at a time. | 一个一个来 |
[03:18] | Marisol. | 马里索 |
[03:19] | Okay, take the cop, the detective. | 拿那个警探来说 |
[03:21] | Back on the first day of testimony, | 第一天作证时 |
[03:22] | He looked right at us and said… | 他看着我们 然后说 |
[03:24] | The accused was covered with blood. | 被告浑身是血 |
[03:25] | And she was the only one in the room with the victim. | 而且她是唯一在被害人房间里的人 |
[03:28] | And the murder weapon? | 杀人凶器呢 |
[03:29] | 9mm auto 6-round. | 9毫米自动6发手枪 |
[03:31] | It was the defendant’s, | 是被告的枪 |
[03:33] | registered in her name. | 登记在她名下 |
[03:39] | Given to her by her mother for protection. | 她母亲给她防身用的 |
[03:41] | The weapon was found on the ground by her feet? | 这枪是在她脚边发现的? |
[03:43] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[03:44] | With her fingerprints on the trigger. | 扳机上还有她的指纹 |
[03:49] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[03:50] | Who was the girl who entered in the middle of his testimony? | 他作证时进来的女孩是什么人 |
[03:53] | Oh, that’s right. He smiled at her. | 是啊 他冲她微笑了 |
[03:55] | I thought she was with the defense. | 我还以为她跟被告是一起的 |
[03:57] | There was a party downstairs for spring break. | 当时楼下有个春假派对 |
[03:59] | 30 individuals. | 30个人 |
[04:00] | – And they heard the shot? – Yes, sir. | -他们听到枪声了吗 -是的 |
[04:02] | Within 30 seconds, they burst into the sorority room | 不到半分钟 他们就冲进那房间 |
[04:05] | and found the accused, Bianca Price, standing over the victim. | 看到被告比安卡·普莱斯站在被害人身旁 |
[04:08] | How long after the murder was this photo taken? | 这照片是案发多久拍的 |
[04:11] | Approximately 30 seconds. | 大约30秒 |
[04:13] | It’s the good news about murders at colleges these days. | 这年头的大学谋杀案 便于侦查之处在于 |
[04:15] | Everybody has a cell phone camera, | 人人都有拍照手机 |
[04:17] | – so it makes it hard to get away with murder. – Objection! | -逍遥法外可不容易 -反对 |
[04:20] | That wasn’t a question, Mr. Gardner. | 他没提问题啊 加德纳先生 |
[04:23] | But I would warn the witness to avoid editorializing. | 不过我要提醒证人 不要进行主观判断 |
[04:27] | My apologies, your honor. | 抱歉 法官大人 |
[04:28] | Now, this happened at her sorority house? | 凶案发生在她的姐妹会房间里? |
[04:30] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[04:31] | There was blood all over her. | 她浑身是血 |
[04:32] | And this was taken within 30 seconds of the gunshot, | 这是枪响后30秒内拍的照片 |
[04:35] | and here she is with the gun at her feet. | 她就在这儿 脚边有枪 |
[04:37] | She said she was in the bathroom, and she came out. | 她说她当时在卫生间 后来才出来的 |
[04:39] | No, she didn’t say that. | 她没有这样说 |
[04:40] | Her lawyer said that. | 是她的律师说的 |
[04:41] | Now Bianca has said she was in the bathroom when she heard the shot. | 比安卡说枪响时 她在卫生间里 |
[04:44] | Objection, your honor. Not in evidence. | 反对 法官大人 没有证据 |
[04:46] | Mr. Gardner, I expect more of you. | 加德纳先生 你真让我失望 |
[04:48] | Your honor, I’m sorry. My mistake. | 法官大人对不起 是我的错 |
[04:51] | Okay, I’ll say it. | 好吧 让我说的话 |
[04:53] | I didn’t trust that cop. | 我不相信那个警察 |
[04:54] | And his earring. What was that? | 他还戴个耳钉 这叫什么玩意 |
[04:57] | Men wear earrings these days. | 这年头男人戴耳钉很正常 |
[04:58] | And what about the five o’clock shadow? | 那满脸胡茬呢 |
[05:00] | So what are you saying? | 什么意思 |
[05:01] | You don’t trust him because he didn’t shave? | 因为他不刮胡子所以不值得信任吗 |
[05:03] | So, detective Burton, you were the first officer on the scene? | 伯顿探员 你是第一个赶到案发现场的? |
[05:06] | Yes, Mr. Gardner. | 是的 加德纳先生 |
[05:07] | And where was your partner? | 那你的搭档呢 |
[05:09] | He was out sick. | 他请病假了 |
[05:10] | So you were there unobserved? | 所以没人监督你的行为? |
[05:12] | Yes, I was unobserved, | 的确如此 |
[05:14] | except for the two dozen other college students in the room. | 不过当场还有二十多名大学生 |
[05:17] | And you’ve never tampered with evidence, detective? | 那么你从没对证据做手脚 对吗 |
[05:19] | That’s correct, sir. | 没有 |
[05:20] | I’ve never tampered with evidence. | 我从没那样干过 |
[05:22] | And so if I asked you about this internal affairs report… | 那么下面这份局内违纪报告… |
[05:26] | Objection, your honor! | 反对 法官大人 |
[05:27] | Mr. Gardner, really. | 加德纳先生 太过分了 |
[05:29] | Up here. | 都过来 |
[05:31] | Then what about the internal affairs report? | 那么 局内违纪报告呢? |
[05:33] | What internal affairs report?! | 什么局内违纪报告 |
[05:34] | We didn’t hear anything about that. | 咱不知道内情 |
[05:35] | It could have been completely innocent. | 可能根本就没什么 |
[05:37] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[05:41] | This charge is irrelevant, and it was minor. | 那是无关指控 而且微不足道 |
[05:43] | Drinking beer on duty? | 只是上班时饮酒而已 |
[05:44] | You are playing with fire here, Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 小心玩火自焚 |
[05:46] | Your honor, | 法官大人 |
[05:47] | any internal affairs charge is completely relevant. | 局内违纪报告和本案绝对有关系 |
[05:49] | No, sir. You’re trying to imply to the jury | 不 你企图暗示陪审团 |
[05:51] | that something more nefarious is going on here– | 有更加恶劣的事情 |
[05:54] | that detective Burton planted evidence. | 你想证明伯顿探员伪造证据 |
[05:56] | Let’s at least be adults here | 别玩过家家了 |
[05:58] | and admit to each other what you’re doing. | 你就是这个意思 |
[06:00] | Your honor, no. Oh-oh, my god, | 法官大人 我没有 |
[06:01] | No. No. I… | 我并没有… |
[06:03] | Look, I will admonish the jury. | 我会告诫陪审团的 |
[06:04] | That’s all I can do, Mr. Brody. | 我只能做到这些 布罗迪先生 |
[06:06] | And you watch it, Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 请你注意点 |
[06:11] | Go to hell. | 见鬼去吧 |
[06:12] | Having fun? | 你很开心呵? |
[06:15] | Wait. Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[06:16] | The judge admonished us not to consider it. | 法官告诫我们不要考虑这些 |
[06:18] | All right, I won’t consider it, | 好吧 我不会考虑的 |
[06:20] | but I still don’t trust speedy. | 但我依旧不相信那个警察 |
[06:21] | We’ll reconvene here 9:30 tomorrow. | 明早9:30重新开庭 |
[06:34] | So, you enjoy tarnishing my reputation? | 玷污我的名誉很有趣呵? |
[06:36] | Best part of my day. | 其乐无穷 |
[06:40] | Hey, Jimmy, man. | 你好 吉米 |
[06:41] | What’s up? | 怎么样了 |
[06:47] | I don’t think they liked me. | 我觉得他们不喜欢我 |
[06:49] | Who, the jury? No. You can never tell. | 陪审团? 不要言之过早 |
[06:52] | I just… | 我只是… |
[06:53] | Sound so terrible. | 说来真让人绝望 |
[06:55] | I think I’d find me guilty. | 若我是陪审团 我也会判定有罪 |
[06:57] | No, that’s just the prosecution’s case. | 那只是控方的陈词而已 |
[07:00] | You wait for our turn. | 我们还没出手呢 |
[07:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:03] | You’re welcome. Any time. | 不客气 随时效劳 |
[07:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:07] | I’ll see you, mom. | 回头见 妈妈 |
[07:13] | How did it go, did you think? | 你觉得情况如何 |
[07:15] | It’s a good start. | 是个好的开始 |
[07:16] | I’m sorry, but we’re playing catch-up here. | 很抱歉 我们是在亡羊补牢 |
[07:18] | Your previous lawyers did no investigation, | 你此前聘的律师没做任何调查 |
[07:20] | and cuesta isn’t allowing a delay, | 法庭上动作决不能慢 |
[07:22] | so we’re gonna hit a few bumps. | 所以我们会有些挫折 |
[07:23] | We’re gonna need to spend some more money | 我们要多花些钱 |
[07:25] | on a better ballistics expert. | 请一个更好的弹道专家 |
[07:26] | Are you all right with that? | 可以吗 |
[07:28] | Whatever it takes. | 花多少都行 |
[07:30] | She’s my only child. | 我就这么一个孩子 |
[07:33] | The thought of her in prison is… | 一想到她要进监狱… |
[07:41] | Good work. | 干得不错 |
[07:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:47] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吗 |
[07:48] | Yeah. Why? Yeah. Good. | 当然 怎么了 我很好 |
[08:00] | I heard you did well. | 我听说你表现得很好 |
[08:01] | There’s more women on this jury than I wanted. | 陪审团里的女性比我希望的要多 |
[08:04] | Sometimes I think | 有时候我觉得 |
[08:06] | justice would be better served with a coin flip. | 扔硬币判决 可能会更公正些 |
[08:10] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[08:11] | Oh, uh, Mother Jones. | 杂志社的人 |
[08:12] | Doing a profile. | 正在做访谈 |
[08:15] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[08:17] | We’re knee-deep in the Bianca Price trial. | 我们正为比安卡·普莱斯的案子焦头烂额 |
[08:19] | You were just saying about pro-choice. | 你刚才正说到堕胎自由的问题 |
[08:21] | Oh, yes, it’s an irony of our times | 对 我们这个时代的一大讽刺就是 |
[08:23] | that “activist judge” used to be a charge hurled by Republicans at… | 共和党人士总是把”激进法官”的帽子扣给… |
[08:32] | Democrats? | 民主党人士? |
[08:33] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:34] | Hurled at democrats? | 扣给民主党人士? |
[08:36] | Oh, uh, yes. | 没错 |
[08:37] | I was, um… | 我是说… |
[08:39] | The charge of activist judge, | 激进法官的帽子 |
[08:42] | especially with regards to… | 尤其是关于… |
[08:49] | My goodness, I forgot what I was, uh, saying. | 我的天 我忘了刚才说到哪了 |
[08:51] | Choice is endangered. | 自由选择权处于濒危状态 |
[08:52] | Oh, yes, choice. | 没错 选择权 |
[08:55] | It is. | 确实 |
[08:57] | Could you give me a minute? | 等我一会好吗 |
[09:01] | Thank you for the Sarah Palin biography. | 谢谢你送我萨拉·佩林的自传 |
[09:07] | Oh, I, uh, I thought you’d like that. | 我觉得你应该会喜欢 |
[09:09] | The chapter where she brings big oil to heel. | 她让石油巨头就范的那个章节 |
[09:12] | Just gripping. | 真是太引人入胜了 |
[09:14] | I bought a, uh… a Hillary bio | 我买了本希拉里的自传 |
[09:17] | for 50 cents on eBay. | 在eBay买的 只花了50美分 |
[09:20] | So you’re, uh… | 那么你… |
[09:22] | Will says he wants you on the Bianca Price murder? | 威尔说 希望你参与比安卡杀人案 |
[09:25] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是 是啊 |
[09:26] | I’m, uh… I’m in Town testifying on another case. | 我… 我正在城里给另外一个案子作证 |
[09:29] | Good. | 这样啊 |
[09:30] | Well, I-I just wanted to say hello. | 我 我就想过来说句你好 |
[09:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:34] | You betcha. | 很好 |
[09:41] | Uh, you know my rules. | 你知道我的原则 |
[09:43] | If, uh… If I find out the client’s guilty, I quit. | 如果… 我发现当事人有罪 就退出 |
[09:46] | Yup. I like your rules. | 对 我喜欢你的原则 |
[09:48] | Even more, I like your fees. | 更喜欢你公道的价格 |
[09:50] | Well, th… | 那么… |
[09:51] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[09:52] | I thought I’d sit in. | 我认为我该旁听 |
[09:55] | Miss Lockhart. | 洛克哈特小姐 |
[09:57] | Mr. McVeigh. | 麦克维先生 |
[10:01] | So, the problem is, | 好了 问题在于 |
[10:03] | The mom fired her previous lawyers | 当事人的母亲解聘了上一任律师 |
[10:05] | because they wanted to plead this out. | 因为他们想通过认罪求宽大处理 |
[10:07] | So they lined up Jim Crosby as a ballistics expert. | 所以他们请了吉姆·克洛斯比作弹道专家 |
[10:10] | Well, I agreed to meet with you. | 我同意了跟你见面 |
[10:12] | You did. Thanks. | 你做到了 谢谢 |
[10:14] | And I agreed to look over the evidence, give you a bid. | 我同意了看看证据 然后出个价 |
[10:17] | Which is? | 什么价 |
[10:20] | I’m not taking this case. | 我不会接这个案子 |
[10:21] | She’s guilty. | 她有罪 |
[10:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:25] | I can give you some names of people who will say differently, | 我可以推荐一些人 他们会有不同说法 |
[10:28] | But I wouldn’t go with Crosby. | 不过我不会推荐克洛斯比 |
[10:30] | He’s not convincing enough. | 他不够有说服力 |
[10:32] | Um, you’re positive? | 你确定? |
[10:33] | She’s guilty? | 她有罪? |
[10:35] | Given the evidence, yes. | 根据已有证据 是的 |
[10:38] | If I were you, I’d plead out. | 如果我是你 我会做有罪答辩 |
[10:41] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[10:46] | The jury needs to be told a story. | 我们需要告诉陪审团一件事 |
[10:48] | The prosecution’s story is simple: | 控方的陈述很简单 |
[10:50] | Bianca shot her best friend out of jealousy after a threesome. | 3P之后 比安卡出于妒忌枪杀了她最好的朋友 |
[10:55] | Our story needs to be just as simple: | 我们的陈述必须同样简单 |
[10:57] | Bianca didn’t shoot Heather. | 比安卡没有枪杀海瑟 |
[10:59] | Yes, it was Bianca’s gun, | 不错 那是比安卡的枪 |
[11:01] | But her mother had given it her for protection. | 但那是她母亲给她防身用的 |
[11:04] | What we need to tell the jury is who else had access to Bianca’s gun? | 我们要告诉陪审团 还有谁可以用比安卡的枪 |
[11:08] | Joshua Mundy… | 乔什·芒迪 |
[11:09] | See any difference? | 看到什么不同了吗 |
[11:10] | He was with the girls for the threesome, | 他是3P男主角 |
[11:12] | who shot Heather while Bianca was in the bathroom. | 是他趁比安卡在卫生间时 枪杀了海瑟 |
[11:14] | No. Why? | 没看出 怎么了 |
[11:15] | Regarding the witness prep, Cary, Alicia, | 关于证人预演 凯里 艾丽西娅 |
[11:18] | We’re gonna have to delay on the ballistics expert. | 弹道专家出庭只能推后了 |
[11:20] | – Why? – We lost him. | -为什么 -他不同意出庭 |
[11:21] | We’re shopping. | 得再找个专家 |
[11:22] | Okay, that’s everything. | 好了 就这么多 |
[11:23] | We got court in one hour, so let’s go. | 一小时内要上庭 我们走 |
[11:28] | Will? | 威尔 |
[11:29] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[11:30] | This cell phone photo on Jenny Bauer’s student page, | 珍妮·鲍尔学生网页上的手机照片 |
[11:32] | It’s different than the one she gave to the police. | 和她给警察的那张不一样 |
[11:35] | There. On this one, that guy’s foot is on the rug, | 那里 这张上面 这个人的脚在地毯上 |
[11:37] | And on this one it’s not. | 这张上面却没有 |
[11:39] | She took another picture? | 她拍了2张照片? |
[11:40] | Only a split second between both shots. | 瞬间的2组镜头 |
[11:43] | It’s on video. | 这是视频截图 |
[11:45] | Cell phone video. | 手机视频 |
[11:48] | Find it. | 找到它 |
[11:52] | I’ll get that for you. | 我帮你拿电脑 |
[11:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:56] | I don’t know if we’re gonna put Bianca on the stand yet, | 我不知道是否该让比安卡作证 |
[11:58] | but if we do, | 如果这么做 |
[11:59] | Are you all right questioning her? | 你准备好盘问她了吗 |
[12:01] | I’m… Yes. | 我… 是的 |
[12:03] | But I think | 但我觉得 |
[12:05] | Cary would do a better job. | 凯里会做得比我好 |
[12:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:08] | They seem to have bonded. | 他们似乎处得不错 |
[12:11] | 15 years of doing this and I still can never tell | 做了15年律师 我还是说不清 |
[12:14] | who’s innocent and who’s guilty. | 谁是无罪的谁是有罪的 |
[12:16] | Everybody’s a mystery from the outside, | 从外表看每个人都是一个谜 |
[12:19] | Including Bianca. | 包括比安卡 |
[12:25] | We still haven’t had our dinner. | 我们那顿晚饭还没吃呢 |
[12:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:30] | You worried about Peter? | 你担心彼得? |
[12:34] | I’m worried about everything. | 我担心所有的事 |
[12:37] | I’m not. | 我不担心 |
[12:58] | All right, all right, | 好了 好了 |
[13:00] | All right! Everybody, let’s talk one at a time, please. | 好了 一个一个说 |
[13:04] | Marisol. | 马里索 |
[13:05] | Of course he was scuzzy. | 他的确很恶心 |
[13:07] | I don’t want to marry him. I just believe him. | 我绝不跟这种人结婚 我只是相信他的话 |
[13:09] | It was Heather’s idea. | 那是海瑟的主意 |
[13:11] | – Heather Cross, the victim? -Yeah. | -海瑟·克洛斯 也就是被害人? -是的 |
[13:14] | She’s never done a three-way before on zolpidem, and she wanted to. | 她没玩过”唑吡坦安眠药”3P法 她想试试 |
[13:18] | – This was the night before spring break. – Yeah-huh. | -这是春假的前一晚? -是的 |
[13:20] | She came to me downstairs, and she was, like, um… | 她来到我楼下 她那意思是… |
[13:25] | Do you want me to quote? | 想让我引述吗 |
[13:27] | ’cause if I quote, I have to use that word. | 因为如果我引述 必须用那个词 |
[13:30] | Oh, no, you don’t, Mr. Mundy, not in my court. | 别引述 芒迪先生 在我的法庭不要这样 |
[13:33] | When you feel so inclined, | 当你想引述的时候 |
[13:34] | You are welcome to use the word “Fluff.” | 你可以说”干那事” |
[13:36] | And Judy– delicate flower that she is– | 而朱迪 我们漂亮的书记员… |
[13:38] | will translate it into its proper form. Yes, Judy? | 会用适当的词语记录之 对吧 朱迪? |
[13:42] | Okay. So, um… | 好吧 那么… |
[13:44] | There was, like… | 她的意思是… |
[13:47] | “Do you want to go… fluff upstairs with Bianca on zolpidem?” | “想上楼和比安卡干那事吗 用安眠药法” |
[13:52] | And I was, like… | 而我则… |
[13:53] | It was something she read in the whole Tiger Woods thing– | 这是她从泰格·伍兹的绯闻报道中读到的 |
[13:56] | Zolpidem sex, you know? Relaxed and crazy. | 安眠药性爱 既放松又疯狂 |
[13:59] | And I was, like, you know? | 而我则… 知道吧 |
[14:03] | No, I don’t know, Mr. Mundy. | 我不知道 芒迪先生 |
[14:05] | You’ll have to use your words. | 你必须用你自己的话说 |
[14:08] | I was, like, “Sure.” | 我这样说 “当然” |
[14:11] | I mean, um… “Fluff, yeah.” | 我是说… “干那事 当然” |
[14:16] | Oh, the joy my life is. | 我很欣慰 |
[14:17] | Have you got that, Judy? | 你记下了吗 朱迪 |
[14:19] | And you and Bianca had been dating? | 你当时在和比安卡交往吗 |
[14:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:24] | And she was always kinda freaking out about women, | 而她总是因为其他女人发疯 |
[14:26] | so I was surprised that she agreed to go with us. | 所以我奇怪她会同意3P |
[14:28] | “Freaking out” meaning jealous? | 你所说的发疯是指嫉妒吗 |
[14:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:33] | Then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[14:35] | Well, we… fluffed. | 我们就… 干那事 |
[14:39] | And I mean fluffed. | 我是说 “干那事” |
[14:42] | And, uh, I left the two of them | 然后我离开她俩 |
[14:43] | Kinda out of it in Bianca’s room, | 在比安卡的房间我都神志不清了 |
[14:45] | and I went downstairs to grab a brew. | 于是我下楼喝点酒 |
[14:47] | And that’s when we heard the shot. | 然后就听到枪声了 |
[14:49] | And I raced upstairs, | 我跑上楼 |
[14:52] | and I found Heather on the floor, you know, like, | 发现海瑟倒在地上 |
[14:56] | Really red with blood and the gun on the floor. | 全身是血 枪在地上 |
[15:17] | Oh, that’s right. | 对了 |
[15:19] | You’re here on another case. | 你为了另一个案子来的 |
[15:20] | That’s right. We’re ready. | 是的 我们准备好了 |
[15:21] | You want to watch? | 你来看吗 |
[15:22] | Oh, well, I-I would, | 我很想看 |
[15:24] | But I’m late. | 但我迟到了 |
[15:32] | Dinner? | 吃个晚饭吧 |
[15:34] | Tomorrow night, 8:00 p.m., the Westin. | 明晚8点在维斯汀怎样 |
[15:36] | I, uh, | 我… |
[15:37] | Uh, o-okay. | 好的 |
[15:43] | So, you’d been dating Bianca for a while? | 你当时已和比安卡交往一阵了? |
[15:47] | Uh, a little while, yeah. | 有一阵了 |
[15:49] | A little while, as in two dates? | 有一阵 是指2次约会吗 |
[15:53] | Yeah, I guess. | 好像是这样 |
[15:56] | And by “dates,” we mean you slept with her twice? | 2次约会 等于2次上床? |
[16:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:02] | You have that effect on women? | 你对女人有那么大吸引力吗 |
[16:04] | They get jealous after two dates? | 2次约会就为你吃醋? |
[16:06] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 诱导性提问 |
[16:09] | Sustained, regrettably. | 很遗憾 反对有效 |
[16:11] | Now about this zolpidem that Heather and Bianca took, you took it, too? | 海瑟和比安卡吃的唑吡坦安眠药 你也吃了? |
[16:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:16] | And you know zolpidem is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic? | 你知道唑吡坦是非苯二氮安眠药吗 |
[16:20] | What? | 什么 |
[16:21] | You can hallucinate on it. | 吃了会产生幻觉 |
[16:24] | You might also get diarrhea. | 也许还会腹泻 |
[16:27] | well, I…I didn’t get diarrhea. | 我没有腹泻 |
[16:30] | Good. I’m so glad. | 很好 不错 |
[16:32] | But did you hallucinate? | 但你产生幻觉了吗 |
[16:34] | No. | 没有 |
[16:35] | It’s also a drug that can cause memory loss. | 这种药还会导致失去记忆 |
[16:37] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[16:38] | No. | 不知道 |
[16:39] | In fact, let’s do an experiment. | 好 我们做个试验 |
[16:42] | Objection. | 反对 |
[16:43] | You know I like experiments, Mr. Brody. | 你知道我喜欢试验 布若迪先生 |
[16:45] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[16:47] | What color panties was Bianca wearing that night? | 那天晚上比安卡穿的内裤什么颜色 |
[16:50] | What color? Uh… | 什么颜色… |
[16:54] | White. | 白的 |
[16:55] | Well, that is a very good guess, Mr. Mundy, | 挺会猜的 芒迪先生 |
[16:57] | Given that 85% of the panties sold in the U.S. are white. | 因为美国出售的女式内裤85%都是白色的 |
[17:01] | And yet you’re wrong. | 但你猜错了 |
[17:03] | They were black. | 是黑色的 |
[17:08] | See? That was silly. | 懂不 这太傻了 |
[17:08] | Men don’t remember things like that. | 男人不会记得这些事 |
[17:10] | The color of a woman’s panties? Are you kidding me? | 不记得女人内裤的颜色? 别开玩笑了 |
[17:13] | Not at that moment. | 那种时候能看到内裤呀? |
[17:15] | And you’re telling me | 你难道是说 |
[17:16] | she’s having sex with her boyfriend, another girl, | 她男友和别的女孩做爱 |
[17:19] | and she’s not jealous? | 她不会嫉妒吗 |
[17:21] | Well, actually, that was a stretch for me. | 这事儿其实我挺难理解 |
[17:23] | I mean, she only slept with the guy twice. | 我是说 她只和他睡了2次 |
[17:26] | That doesn’t make him a boyfriend. | 不代表他就是男朋友了 |
[17:27] | So are you changing sides? | 你易帜了? |
[17:28] | Now you’re not guilty? | 你支持无罪了吗 |
[17:30] | No. I don’t know. | 没有 我不知道 |
[17:31] | I just… | 只是 |
[17:33] | The motive seemed ridiculous. | 作案动机有点荒唐 |
[17:35] | College today– a threesome doesn’t mean anything. | 现在的大学 3P不算什么 |
[17:37] | I’m getting old. | 我古董了 |
[17:38] | I’m going back to college. | 我要回大学念书 |
[17:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:43] | I think we should take another vote with our hands. | 我们得再举手表决一次 |
[17:45] | All those in favor of not guilty? | 认为无罪的举手 |
[17:50] | Seven to five. | 7比5 |
[17:51] | Now we’re getting somewhere. | 有进步 |
[17:52] | I want to know how those voting not guilty can explain the picture. | 我想知道 觉得无罪的人怎么解释那照片 |
[17:58] | What I don’t understand, Miss Bauer, | 鲍尔小姐 我不明白的是 |
[18:00] | is I looked at your student page, and there’s a different shot. | 我看了你的页面 发现了另一张照片 |
[18:04] | See, this one’s from an earlier frame, | 这张是上一幕的截图 |
[18:05] | and this one’s from a later one… | 而这张是下一幕 |
[18:08] | from your cell phone video. | 都是从你的手机视频里截取的 |
[18:12] | Are you with the cops? | 你和警察一伙的? |
[18:13] | Well, I’ve been assigned to investigate. | 我被派来调查 |
[18:16] | I erased it. | 我删了 |
[18:19] | The video? | 视频吗 |
[18:21] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[18:22] | Anyone who brags about helping the police | 任何在网上炫耀协助警察办案的人 |
[18:25] | on their student page isn’t gonna erase anything. | 都不会删掉任何东西 |
[18:31] | Look, I wasn’t trying to hide anything from the police. | 听着 我不是想对警察隐瞒什么 |
[18:34] | I know you weren’t. | 我知道 |
[18:35] | It’s just I’d never done it before. | 只是我从没做过这事 |
[18:38] | Done what? | 什么事 |
[18:40] | Okay, Tim, | 好的 蒂姆 |
[18:42] | I do this for you… | 我这样做 |
[18:44] | You do this for me. | 你也得照做 |
[18:48] | I was drunk. We were just sexting. | 我醉了 我们只是在发性短信 |
[18:51] | If my parents saw this… | 如果我父母看到了… |
[18:53] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[18:54] | We don’t need to tell them. | 我们不必告诉他们 |
[18:58] | Josh went up before the gunshot. | 乔什在枪击前就上楼了 |
[19:00] | What? | 什么 |
[19:01] | Josh went up before the gunshot. | 他在枪击前上楼的 |
[19:03] | He said he went up afterwards. | 他却说是之后上去的 |
[19:23] | Oh, my god! | 老天 |
[19:25] | We need to get out of here. | 我们得离开 |
[19:27] | Who’s Josh talking to? | 乔什在和谁说话 |
[19:31] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[19:33] | I’ve seen him at the gym. | 我在健身房见过他 |
[19:35] | Josh is always hanging out with him. | 乔什总和他一起玩 |
[19:36] | I think he’s on the coaching staff or something. | 我想他是健身教练之类的吧 |
[19:40] | This guy. Who is he? | 这人是谁 |
[19:43] | Oh, Ernie Suarez, assistant to the athletic director. | 厄尼·苏亚雷斯 体育教练的助手 |
[19:46] | Does he have a locker here– Ernie? | 这个厄尼 在这儿有储物柜吗 |
[19:48] | Yeah, a coach locker, but he hasn’t cleared it out yet. | 有个教练储物柜 但东西还没拿走 |
[19:50] | It’s right there. | 就在那儿 |
[19:53] | You got the keys? | 你有钥匙吗 |
[19:55] | Um, don’t you need a warrant or something? | 不需要出示搜查证吗 |
[19:58] | Yeah, if I were a cop. | 我不是警察 |
[20:00] | I can get bolt cutters in here, | 我可以去弄把钳子来 |
[20:01] | But it’d be easier if you just opened it. | 不如你直接打开 好省些事儿 |
[20:03] | So you’re not a cop? | 你不是警察吗 |
[20:04] | No. | 不是 |
[20:05] | And you’re not with campus police? | 和校警也没关系? |
[20:08] | So who are you? | 那你是什么人 |
[20:10] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[20:30] | Someone’s been busy. | 某人没闲着 |
[20:36] | Campus police checked the serial number on the computers. | 校警检查了电脑的序列号 |
[20:39] | They’re from a series of 30 campus burglaries over the last year. | 全是过去1年中校园内失窃的30台 |
[20:42] | Good. So the narrative is this: | 很好 如此看来 |
[20:44] | Josh killed Heather after she discovered him burglarizing her room. | 乔什在海瑟房内盗窃被发现 杀她灭口 |
[20:47] | Listen, I’m gonna go catch a ride with campus police | 我一会儿要跟着校警去出勤 |
[20:50] | when they go check Josh’s room for more stolen goods. | 他们要去乔什的房间搜查其它赃物 |
[20:52] | Good. | 很好 |
[20:53] | Is that our ballistics expert? | 那是我们的弹道专家吗 |
[20:56] | We’ll see. I’m interviewing him now. | 过会儿就知道了 我正要见他 |
[21:00] | God help us. | 上帝保佑 |
[21:04] | – What’s going on? – What? | -怎么回事 -什么 |
[21:06] | …is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[21:07] | Will doesn’t even look at you anymore. | 威尔没再看过你一眼 |
[21:09] | He does. | 有看过 |
[21:10] | You been a bad girl? | 你干坏事啦? |
[21:15] | Going now. | 走了 |
[21:20] | In other news, | 其它新闻 |
[21:22] | Sarah Palin spoke to party members in Texas | 莎拉·佩林于得州会见党内成员 |
[21:25] | as part of her nationwide tour. | 作为全国政巡的一部分 |
[21:27] | Palin took aim at the president again over national security. | 佩林再次就国家安全问题 炮轰总统 |
[21:30] | We need a commander in chief, | 我们需要的是一位总司令 |
[21:33] | not a professor of law standing at the lectern. | 而不是讲台上的法学教授 |
[21:36] | America is ready… | 美国已准备好… |
[21:42] | So, professor, you’re saying this is consistent | 教授 你的鉴定结果表明 |
[21:44] | with the prosecution witness, Josh Mundy, | 控方证人乔什·芒迪 |
[21:47] | firing the weapon that killed the victim? | 开枪杀死了被害人 |
[21:49] | Yes. This is… Yes, I am. | 是 是的 |
[21:51] | Even without evidence of gunshot residue on his hands? | 哪怕他手上并未发现枪击残留物? |
[21:54] | Yes, that’s right. | 是 没错 |
[21:55] | Could you explain? | 能否解释一下 |
[21:57] | Well, yes, I, um… | 可以 我… |
[22:00] | Uh, let’s see, uh… | 我们来看 |
[22:02] | Here we go. | 来看看 |
[22:05] | So the path of the bullet, | 子弹的发射路径 |
[22:08] | Darn it. | 见鬼 |
[22:09] | The gun was at chest level, | 枪的高度在胸口位置 |
[22:11] | held by someone as tall as the accused, | 持枪人身高与被告接近 |
[22:14] | and was shot from three feet away. | 开枪距离 3呎 |
[22:16] | The defense ballistic expert– | 辩方的弹道专家 |
[22:17] | – when he finally got his laser pointer working… – Objection. | -好不容易修好激光笔之后… -反对 |
[22:20] | Withdrawn. | 我收回 |
[22:22] | He argued that the gunshot residue found on Bianca Price’s hands | 他主张 从比安卡手上发现的枪击残留物 |
[22:26] | could have come from her contact with the victim. | 可能是通过与被害人的接触而来 |
[22:29] | Does that seem likely to you? | 你认为这可能吗 |
[22:31] | No. | 不 |
[22:33] | I don’t know. | 真搞不明白 |
[22:35] | Two experts say the exact opposite thing, | 两位专家的结论截然相反 |
[22:38] | and they’re both 100% certain. | 双方还都100%肯定 |
[22:40] | So what do we do with that? | 我们该怎么办 |
[22:41] | There was this CSI: New York, | 《犯罪现场调查》某一集里 |
[22:43] | where the gun residue | 枪击残留物 |
[22:46] | was transferred from one person to another. | 从某人身上传到了另一人身上 |
[22:48] | They say it happens all the time. | 据说这事常有发生 |
[22:50] | But that’s TV. | 那是电视剧 |
[22:51] | Yeah, but I’ve heard it some other place. | 没错 但我听说过此类真实案件 |
[22:53] | Me, too. | 我也听说过 |
[22:54] | So it’s not impossible. | 所以 不无可能 |
[22:56] | It’s also weird how little there is, you know, physical evidence. | 实物证据这么少 这点也很奇怪 |
[22:59] | There’s the GSR. | 不是有枪击残留物嘛 |
[23:00] | Yeah, but what about the forensic stuff? | 是 但法医鉴定呢 |
[23:02] | The DNA? | DNA检测呢 |
[23:04] | So, wait, you two are changing your minds? | 怎么 你们俩改主意了? |
[23:08] | So, let’s take another vote. | 那我们再来投票 |
[23:11] | All those in favor of not guilty. | 赞成无罪的举手 |
[23:16] | Okay, six to six. | 好 6比6 |
[23:17] | Yeah, but it’s a different six, so that’s progress. | 但阵营变了 这也算进展 |
[23:20] | Campus police. Coming in. | 校警 我们进来了 |
[23:25] | All right, go ahead, check it out. | 请检查 |
[23:52] | Anything? | 有发现吗 |
[23:55] | Is your plan just to follow me? | 你就打算一直跟着我吗 |
[23:56] | Yep. It’s the only way I can get more from you than you from me. | 是 唯有如此 我才能比你知道的更多 |
[24:00] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[24:04] | Josh finishes his threesome, goes downstairs to get a beer | 乔什3P之后 下楼拿啤酒 |
[24:08] | in his shirtsleeves. | 穿的是衬衫 |
[24:11] | Where did you get this? | 照片哪里弄来的 |
[24:12] | Josh heads back upstairs. | 后来乔什回楼上 |
[24:14] | Bianca in the bathroom hears the gunshot. | 比安卡在卫生间里听到枪声 |
[24:16] | Everybody runs up and seconds later, as if by magic, | 所有人急忙跑上去 几秒后 神奇般地 |
[24:19] | Josh in his leather jacket. | 乔什穿上了皮夹克 |
[24:21] | He’s cold. He puts on a jacket, it happens. | 他觉得冷 穿上夹克 很正常 |
[24:25] | Or he uses it to cover the gunshot residue off his hands. | 或者他用夹克包着手 挡住枪击残留物 |
[24:28] | Are you writing fiction these days? | 你开始写小说了? |
[24:30] | There’s only one way to find out. | 要弄清真相 只有一个办法 |
[24:33] | Check that for gunshot residue. | 对夹克进行检测 |
[24:42] | Where would I go? | 我会去哪儿 |
[24:45] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[24:46] | What prison? | 哪所监狱 |
[24:49] | Dwight correctional center. | 杜怀特惩教中心 |
[24:51] | Is that big? | 大监狱吗 |
[24:52] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[25:00] | – We’ve got a really good case. – I know. | -这件案子 我们胜算很大 -我知道 |
[25:04] | Just the people at school, they don’t visit. | 只是学校的朋友 他们不来探访 |
[25:09] | If my roommate were in prison, I guess I wouldn’t either. | 换我室友坐牢 我估计我也不会去探访 |
[25:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:15] | 45 years. | 45年 |
[25:18] | That’s a worst-case scenario. | 那是最坏情况 |
[25:20] | Would you visit me? | 你会来探监吗 |
[25:24] | Yes. | 我会 |
[25:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:29] | I’m being stupid. | 我太傻了 |
[25:32] | No. | 怎么会 |
[25:33] | No, you’re not being stupid. | 你一点也不傻 |
[25:41] | This silently stoic thing– | 所谓沉默克己 |
[25:42] | that’s all just a pose, right? | 只是故作姿态 对吧 |
[25:44] | When you get home, you start spouting Proust? | 回家后 你就开始诵读普鲁斯特著作? |
[25:48] | Yep. | 完全正确 |
[25:50] | Yep. | 完全正确 |
[25:52] | Well, to cowboys. | 这杯是敬牛仔的 |
[25:54] | Who knew I loved cowboys? | 谁知道我爱牛仔呢 |
[26:00] | Maybe it’s in our DNA. | 也许这是我们骨子里的东西 |
[26:01] | Part of being American. | 美国人就是爱牛仔 |
[26:02] | You don’t need to talk like that. | 你没必要这么说话 |
[26:07] | I do need to talk like that, because that’s how I talk. | 还真得这么说话 因为我就是这么说话 |
[26:15] | You know, there’s a selfishness to the silence of the cowboy– | 牛仔的沉默 其实挺自私的 |
[26:19] | Forcing everybody else to carry the weight of the conversation. | 把谈话的压力全压在别人头上了 |
[26:41] | Whew, what am I doing? | 天 我到底在干嘛 |
[26:43] | No, I mean, really, what am I doing? | 说真的 我到底在干嘛 |
[26:45] | You’re having dinner. | 你正在与我共进晚餐 |
[26:48] | I mean, you like Sarah Palin, and I-I… | 你喜欢萨拉·佩林 而我… |
[26:51] | I think she’s the devil incarnate. | 我认为她是恶魔的化身 |
[26:55] | Yep. | 好吧 |
[26:56] | And choice– | 至于选择… |
[26:58] | I mean, how can you be for back alley abortions? | 你怎么能支持非法堕胎呢 |
[27:00] | The murder of 1.2… | 谋杀案的… |
[27:02] | Don’t-don’t talk. | 打住 |
[27:05] | Stoically silent? | 沉默克己? |
[27:10] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[27:12] | I can’t, I’m sorry. | 我不能 抱歉 |
[27:13] | I want to, but I-I can’t. | 我真的想 但真不能 |
[27:18] | You have to go? | 你要走吗 |
[27:19] | I want to stay, | 我想留下 |
[27:21] | But 3 generations of democratic ancestors are screaming out in protest. | 但脑海中三代民主先驱在呐喊抗议 |
[27:26] | That’s a lot of generations. | 有这么多代呀 |
[27:49] | I hope it’s good. | 希望情况对我们有利 |
[27:50] | We’re struggling here. | 因为我们这边正举步维艰 |
[27:51] | Potentially good. | 可能对我们有利 |
[27:52] | They found gunshot residue on Josh’s jacket. | 他们在乔什的夹克上发现了枪击残留物 |
[27:56] | His… Where are you? | 他的… 你在哪儿 |
[27:57] | Police station. | 警局 |
[27:58] | Listen, they found something else on it, too– | 听好了 在那上面还有其它的发现 |
[28:01] | Heather’s blood. | 海瑟的血 |
[28:02] | They’re interrogating Josh now. | 他们正在审问乔什 |
[28:04] | Okay, I’ll have to get a continuance. | 好吧 我得去申请个诉讼延期 |
[28:06] | You may not have to. The cops are all over this. | 也许不必了 警察把重点全放这儿了 |
[28:09] | Look, I’m outside the interrogation room. | 我正在审讯室外面 |
[28:11] | Phone me when you get something. | 一有什么情况就给我打电话 |
[28:13] | I’ll call the troops, we’ll line up the witnesses. | 我会召集人马 然后把证人找好 |
[28:15] | A different ballistics expert. | 换个弹道专家 |
[28:17] | Ahead of you. | 早想到了 |
[28:28] | What? | 什么情况 |
[28:31] | Malt ball? | 要麦芽糖吗 |
[28:35] | What happened, Burton? | 到底怎样了 伯顿 |
[28:41] | Well, he did burglarize those dorm rooms. | 他的确盗窃了那些宿舍 |
[28:43] | He was actually in league with Heather. | 事实上 他和海瑟是一伙的 |
[28:45] | They were planning to rob your client. | 他们正计划在你当事人的宿舍行窃 |
[28:48] | Makes sense. | 说得通嘿 |
[28:48] | Trying to kill his cohort in crime. | 犯罪过程中试图杀掉同伙 |
[28:50] | And the lab confirms that is GSR on the jacket and Heather’s blood. | 实验室证实 夹克上有枪击残留物和海瑟的血 |
[28:56] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[28:58] | I’m not seeing how this is bad yet. | 我没看到有什么不利之处 |
[29:00] | Well, it’s not– for me. | 当然 对我是没什么不利的 |
[29:03] | The blood and the GSR were on the inside lining of the jacket. | 血和枪击残留物 是在夹克的内衬上 |
[29:07] | So he wrapped it around his shooting hand. | 那说明他用夹克包住了用枪的手 |
[29:09] | Josh said the jacket was on the floor of the bedroom. | 乔什说夹克在卧室的地板上 |
[29:11] | He heard the shot, got into the room, | 他听到了枪响 然后跑进房间 |
[29:13] | Grabbed the jacket from between Bianca and Heather, | 抓起压在比安卡和海瑟之间的夹克 |
[29:16] | put it on and wore it home. | 穿上以后就回家了 |
[29:18] | Because he’s guilty. | 因为他有罪 |
[29:19] | Yes… of burglary. | 的确有罪 入室盗窃罪 |
[29:24] | I’m not an advocate here, Kalinda. | 我可不是辩方律师 凯琳达 |
[29:26] | I don’t lie to make things better for a client. | 我不会为了帮助当事人而撒谎 |
[29:29] | I just look at the facts. | 我只看事实证据 |
[29:32] | And the facts are against you. | 而事实证据对你不利 |
[29:34] | Right. | 好吧 |
[29:53] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[29:54] | Oh, sorry, Alicia. It’s late, I know. | 抱歉这么晚打扰 艾丽西娅 |
[29:57] | No, no, no, no, I’m up. | 没有 我没睡 |
[30:00] | Look, we ran into a problem with the narrative. | 我们在案情构建上出了问题 |
[30:02] | I think we may need to put Bianca on the stand. | 我们可能要让比安卡作证了 |
[30:06] | I thought Kalinda had something. | 我还以为凯琳达有进展了 |
[30:08] | It didn’t pan out. | 没起作用 |
[30:10] | Do you think you’ll be able to handle questioning her? | 你觉得你能胜任盘问她吗 |
[30:11] | Yes. | 能 |
[30:20] | We’re in a weird place, I know. | 我俩目前处境尴尬 |
[30:24] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[30:26] | No. I don’t like being in a weird place. | 不 我不喜欢尴尬 |
[30:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:36] | Me neither. | 我也不想 |
[30:38] | When I look at you during the day, | 当我在白天看着你时 |
[30:41] | I want to know what you’re thinking. | 我想知道你是怎么想的 |
[30:51] | Sometimes I don’t even know what I’m thinking. | 有时我也不知道我在想什么 |
[30:57] | Will… | 威尔… |
[30:58] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[31:02] | If it had been differently… | 如果当初情况不是这样… |
[31:05] | …At Georgetown, if-if it had been us and not Peter, | 在乔治城大学 若是我们在一起 而不是和彼得 |
[31:09] | We would have lasted a week. | 最多也就在一起一周吧 |
[31:12] | No, we wouldn’t have. | 不会吧 |
[31:13] | We would have. | 会的 |
[31:15] | It’s romantic because it didn’t happen. | 距离产生美 得不到的才是最好的 |
[31:19] | If it had happened, it would have just… | 要真得到了 只会是… |
[31:24] | been life. | 平淡如常 |
[31:28] | Will don’t say that, please. | 威尔别这样 求你了 |
[31:40] | I don’t understand. | 我没搞懂 |
[31:41] | 9mm auto shot 6 | 9毫米自动6发手枪 |
[31:44] | They don’t make them anymore ’cause they have a hair trigger. | 这种枪已经停产 因为有微力扳机 |
[31:47] | The slightest pressure fires the mechanism. | 极轻微的扣动都会走火 |
[31:49] | An accidental firing? | 你说这是意外走火? |
[31:50] | Yeah, but not the one that you’d expect. | 对 但实际情形会出乎你们意料 |
[31:53] | The prosecution was correct. | 控方是正确的 |
[31:54] | The shot came from three feet away. | 枪击的确来自3呎之外 |
[31:57] | The weapon was in the drawer of your client’s bureau. | 枪就在你们当事人柜子的抽屉里 |
[32:01] | Heather was a thief, | 海瑟是盗贼 |
[32:03] | and when Bianca was in the bathroom, | 当比安卡在卫生间的时候 |
[32:04] | Heather checked the drawer for valuables, money. | 海瑟在抽屉里找贵重物品和钱财 |
[32:07] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[32:09] | She checked the drawer with the weapon… | 她翻找那个放枪的抽屉 |
[32:12] | …reached in to take it, | 把手伸进去拿它 |
[32:14] | And… | 然后 |
[32:19] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[32:20] | The shot was fired from three feet away, | 枪击是在3呎之外 |
[32:22] | But vertically, not horizontally. | 不过是垂直射击 并非水平 |
[32:23] | And it was accidentally fired by Heather. | 是海瑟自己意外触动扳机 |
[32:26] | There’s no service in here. | 这里没有信号 |
[32:27] | And once it was fired, | 射击完毕后 |
[32:29] | the gun fell to the floor. | 枪就坠落到了地上 |
[32:32] | The problem was there was no blood or gunshot residue below the impact. | 讨厌的是 地上没有血迹或枪击残留物 |
[32:35] | That’s why I didn’t see it. | 所以我当初没想到这种可能 |
[32:37] | – He took his jacket. – That’s right. | -他拿走了夹克 -是的 |
[32:38] | Mr. Mundy took his leather jacket from the floor, | 芒迪从地上捡起皮夹克 |
[32:41] | and that had the blood and the GSR on it. | 夹克上留有血迹和枪击残留物 |
[32:44] | You’ll testify to this? | 你会出庭作证吗 |
[32:46] | Of course. Usual fee. | 当然 收费不变 |
[32:48] | The problem is, it’s not a good story. | 问题在于 这故事有点离奇 |
[32:51] | It’s just a freak accident. There are no villains. | 这只是离奇的意外 没人是凶手 |
[32:53] | But if it’s true… | 如果这是真的… |
[32:55] | But it doesn’t sound true. | 但听起来不像真的 |
[32:57] | The prosecution’s story sounds like the truth– | 控方的说法才更像真的 |
[32:59] | There’s a villain: Bianca, there’s a motive: Jealousy. | 凶手是比安卡 杀人动机是嫉妒 |
[33:01] | This story just says there’s no rhyme or reason. | 咱这个故事则是说 一切都没有条理 |
[33:03] | Everything’s random. | 都是随机的 |
[33:05] | Well, we’re not trying to teach a lesson. | 我们不是要教训他们 |
[33:06] | – Just win a verdict. – There’s another problem. | -只是要赢官司而已 -但还有个问题 |
[33:08] | We’ve already set our story that Josh did it. | 我们之前已经认定是Josh做的 |
[33:10] | Even our own ballistics expert supported that. | 连我们的弹道学家也支持这个观点 |
[33:13] | Right. We’d have to contradict our own ballistics expert. | 是的 我们得否掉自己的弹道专家 |
[33:15] | Well, there’s an another way to settle this: | 还有个办法 |
[33:18] | Ask the client. | 去问当事人 |
[33:24] | So that’s what happened? | 这就是事情的经过? |
[33:25] | That’s what our ballistics expert said happened. | 是我们的弹道专家所说的经过 |
[33:28] | So, I don’t know. Do we put this new evidence on the stand or not? | 那你们是否要将此作为呈堂证供 |
[33:31] | Which is smarter? | 哪一种做法更合理 |
[33:32] | Well, that’s up for discussion. | 这正是我们要讨论的 |
[33:34] | Our worry is we tried one defense with the jury, | 我们担心的是 我们先前是一种辩护主张 |
[33:38] | And now if we try another, we might do two things: | 现在又换另一种 可能导致2种后果 |
[33:40] | Undercut our credibility | 一是损害我们的可信度 |
[33:41] | and hurt our chances if the jury was believing our first defense, | 二是如果陪审团已经相信是乔什作为 |
[33:44] | that Josh did it. | 我们此举适得其反 |
[33:45] | So what should I do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[33:50] | You go with the truth. | 实事求是 |
[33:53] | The truth has the advantage of being true, | 真相的优势就在于它是真的 |
[33:56] | and on some level, the truth is always more believable. | 某种程度上来讲 真相永远更加可信 |
[33:59] | Then that’s what we go with, the truth. | 那我们就实事求是 |
[34:02] | And you believe the gunshot was self-inflicted? | 你坚信枪击是自己造成的? |
[34:05] | Well, I don’t believe. | 不是我坚信 |
[34:07] | The science points there. | 科学事实摆在那里 |
[34:08] | The gunshot was accidentally self-inflicted. | 枪是自己偶然引发的 |
[34:11] | Thank you, Mr. Mcveigh. | 谢谢 麦克维先生 |
[34:12] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[34:15] | As you said, Mr. Mcveigh, | 如您所说 麦克维先生 |
[34:16] | You originally didn’t want to testify in this case? | 起初你并不愿意上庭作证 |
[34:19] | – Yes. I thought Miss Price was guilty. – Right. | -是的 起初我认为普莱斯小姐有罪 -好 |
[34:22] | Then two days ago you had an epiphany? | 那两天前你顿悟了 |
[34:25] | Well, if by epiphany you mean a new piece of evidence– | 如果你所说的顿悟 是指新证据 |
[34:29] | this jacket with bloodstain and GSR– | 以及带血的夹克和枪击残留物 |
[34:31] | Then yes, I did have that. | 那么是的 我顿悟了 |
[34:33] | A change of heart? | 改变主意了? |
[34:34] | Not my choice of words, but I won’t object to ’em. | 我不愿这么说 不过我不反对这种说法 |
[34:40] | You’re staying at the Westin | 你目前住在维斯汀酒店 |
[34:41] | while you testify in another case? | 替另外一个案子作证 |
[34:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:45] | This is a hotel where many prosecutors house their witnesses? | 许多检察官 将证人安排住于此地? |
[34:48] | Yes, I believe that’s true. | 是的 |
[34:50] | It’s a hotel where several prosecutors observed you | 几名检察官看到你 |
[34:52] | meeting with another lawyer. | 和一名律师在那里见面 |
[34:55] | Is that a question? | 这算个问题吗 |
[34:56] | No. | 不是 |
[34:57] | Here’s the question: | 我的问题是 |
[34:59] | Two nights ago before you magically changed your mind | 在你神奇地改变主意前 前天晚上 |
[35:02] | about this case, did you have dinner with a partner | 你和洛克哈特&加德纳律所的一位合伙人 |
[35:05] | from the law firm, Stern, Lockhart & Gardner? | 共进晚餐了? |
[35:08] | – Yes. – Objection! | -是的 -反对 |
[35:09] | The question’s been answered, Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 问题已被回答 |
[35:11] | Yes, your honor, I’m sorry, but it was answered too quickly. | 法官大人 抱歉 不过回答得过于迅速 |
[35:13] | Well let me overrule just as quickly. | 那我也迅速地宣布反对无效 |
[35:15] | And after this dinner, the partner in question, | 晚餐后 这位合伙人 |
[35:20] | Diane Lockhart, | 戴安·洛克哈特 |
[35:22] | joined you in your hotel room? | 去了你在宾馆的房间? |
[35:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:28] | And did you have sexual relations? | 你们发生性关系了吗 |
[35:30] | Objection, your honor! How is this relevant? | 反对 法官大人 这与本案有什么关联 |
[35:32] | Well, I would imagine that Mr. Brody would say | 我估计布罗迪先生是要说 |
[35:34] | that the witness’s testimony was bought these alleged sexual relations, | 他所声称的性关系 才使证人给出这些证词 |
[35:39] | isn’t that correct, Mr. Brody? | 对吗 布罗迪先生 |
[35:40] | It is, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[35:41] | Well, Mr. Brody, I will sustain Mr. Gardner’s objections, | 布罗迪先生 我宣布加德纳先生的反对有效 |
[35:45] | But I don’t think you’ll mind much | 但我觉得你不会在意 |
[35:47] | because you just threw a stink bomb into the lap of the jury, | 因为你刚给陪审团扔了一枚臭气弹 |
[35:50] | And now you’re running for cover. | 你可以去找掩体了 |
[35:52] | Your honor, this is an instance… | 法官大人 这样一个例子… |
[35:54] | And, Mr. Gardner, yes, | 加德纳先生 |
[35:55] | I see the outrage on your face, | 你面带愠色 |
[35:57] | which I might be more moved by if you hadn’t done | 如果你当初没对伯顿警探的证词如法炮制 |
[36:01] | the exact same thing with Detective Burton’s testimony. | 我还能多同情你一点 |
[36:03] | – Excuse me, your honor, with all dues respect… – Please, your honor… | -不好意思 法官大人 恕我直言 -法官大人 |
[36:06] | No, no, no. | 打住打住 |
[36:07] | This one we’re calling a draw, gentlemen. | 这方面算你们打平了 |
[36:11] | You have both been playing fast and loose | 你们的做法都不够君子 |
[36:13] | with implications, not facts, | 都是推断 而非事实 |
[36:16] | so we’re gonna try and let justice take care of itself. | 所以 咱还是等待公正的结果吧 |
[36:19] | – You have any more questions, Mr. Brody? – No, your honor, | -有问题吗 布罗迪先生 -没有 法官大人 |
[36:22] | But we do request a limiting instruction. | 但我方请求对陪审团做出指引 |
[36:24] | Members of the jury, | 各位陪审员 |
[36:25] | in weighing Mr. Mcveigh’s testimony, you may consider any potential bias | 权衡麦克维先生的证词时 |
[36:30] | in assessing the weight you want to give to what he had to say. | 你们可以考虑他是否存有偏向 |
[36:38] | You know, I think it’s almost medieval. | 这简直是中世纪的做法 |
[36:41] | They toss us in here, they lock the door, | 他们把我们扔在这儿 锁上门 |
[36:43] | They throw a lot of contradictory evidence at us, | 他们拿出一堆互相矛盾的证据 |
[36:46] | And then they expect us to come up with a fair decision. | 却指望我们得出公正的结论 |
[36:49] | I mean, come on. | 大家说说吧 |
[36:52] | So… | 那么… |
[36:54] | …Shall we take another vote? | 我们是不是应该再投一次票 |
[36:57] | I am finished with this conversation.You’re in my office. | 我不跟你说了 你在我办公室呢 |
[36:58] | You don’t have the courtesy… | 你真是无礼 |
[37:00] | You don’t understand what you did to this firm. | 你没意识到你把公司害惨了 |
[37:02] | Okay, I’m getting out of here. | 好 我要走了 |
[37:03] | Did it even occur to you to tell me? | 你有想过要告诉我吗 |
[37:04] | No, it didn’t. | 没有 |
[37:05] | I was under the mistaken impression that it was my life | 我错以为 这是我的生活 |
[37:07] | It’s your life when it doesn’t impact our clients. | 只有不影响当事人时候 才是你的生活 |
[37:09] | It didn’t impact our clients. | 这没有影响当事人 |
[37:11] | Diane, the jury ate it up. | 戴安 陪审团很受影响 |
[37:13] | It was sex. | 重点只剩下性 |
[37:14] | It wasn’t GSR or ballistics, it was sex. | 枪击残留物和弹道报告都不重要了 只剩性 |
[37:17] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[37:18] | If you had just told me. | 但凡你当初告诉我就好 |
[37:20] | If you had just given me a sign! | 哪怕给个迹象 |
[37:21] | Come on. Come on. | 得了 得了 |
[37:25] | Don’t be a hypocrite. | 别伪君子了 |
[37:26] | A hypocrite? How am I a hypocrite? | 伪君子? 我怎么伪君子了 |
[37:31] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[37:37] | That’s supposed to what, make me quake, | 你这话该起到啥效果? 使我发抖? |
[37:40] | Make me humble? | 使我卑躬屈膝? |
[37:42] | Make you honest. | 使你诚实 |
[37:43] | There’s nothing going on with Alicia. | 我和艾丽西娅什么事都没有 |
[37:45] | That’s not true. | 撒谎 |
[37:47] | It is true. | 事实如此 |
[37:48] | Will… I have two eyes. | 威尔 我有眼睛 |
[37:50] | Then use them. | 那就睁大眼仔细盯着 |
[37:51] | Watch me. | 盯着我 |
[37:52] | Watch us. | 盯着我们 |
[37:54] | There’s nothing going on with Alicia. | 我和艾丽西娅什么事都没有 |
[38:02] | Turn out the lights. | 关灯吧 |
[38:22] | Prosecution’s come in with a last-minute offer: | 控方最后给了个条件 |
[38:25] | Second-degree murder, ten years. | 二级谋杀 10年监禁 |
[38:26] | We don’t have a lot of time. | 我们时间不多 |
[38:28] | When the verdict comes in, the offer goes away. | 陪审团裁决一出来 条件就失效 |
[38:31] | You’d be 34 years old, baby. | 宝贝儿 你34岁就能出来 |
[38:33] | You’d still… | 那时你还能… |
[38:34] | You’d still have a life. | 还能有自己的人生 |
[38:36] | But if they find you guilty… | 但如果陪审团认定有罪 |
[38:39] | 45 years, no parole. | 45年监禁 不得假释 |
[38:43] | 2055. I-I… | 那是2055年 我… |
[38:44] | What do you think? | 你的意见是? |
[38:52] | I think you didn’t do it… | 我觉得你无罪… |
[38:54] | And the jury will see that. | 陪审团会看清这点的 |
[38:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:57] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[38:59] | You only need one juror. | 只需要1个陪审员支持你就行 |
[39:03] | Yes, but if you’re wrong, you’ll go back to work, | 没错 但如果你判断错了 你回去上班了 |
[39:05] | and I watch my daught… | 我只能看着我女儿… |
[39:07] | Oh, my god, I can’t do this. | 我的天 我冒不了这个险 |
[39:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:14] | Can you give us a minute? | 让我们单独呆会好吗 |
[39:27] | Mom… | 妈… |
[39:29] | It’s gonna be okay. It’s gonna be okay. | 会好的 会好的 |
[39:36] | Listen, listen, they were just arguing the opposite! | 听着 他们只是想方设法证明她没杀人 |
[39:39] | Which they’re allowed to. | 他们有权这样 |
[39:40] | They’re the defense. | 他们是辩方 |
[39:40] | But two ballistic experts, one saying one thing, | 但他们的2个弹道专家 一个这么说 |
[39:42] | – The other saying… – They’re the defense. | -一个那么说 -他们是辩方 |
[39:44] | The whole point is to poke holes in the prosecution’s case. | 他们要做的 就是找控方陈述的漏洞 |
[39:48] | Yes, but this ballistics expert said | 对 但那个弹道专家说 |
[39:50] | two days ago he thought one thing, now he’s thinking another– | 2天前他那么觉得 现在又这么觉得 |
[39:53] | Right! And what if in three days more he thinks something else? | 没错 如果3天后他又改主意了呢 |
[40:01] | Hey, doc, | 嗨 医生 |
[40:03] | You look depleted. | 你似乎累坏了 |
[40:06] | I guess I am. | 大概是吧 |
[40:09] | I don’t know. | 说不清 |
[40:10] | I sit here listening to everybody talk, | 听着大家的争论 |
[40:13] | And I just feel like we weren’t given enough information. | 我只是觉得 我们得到的信息不足 |
[40:22] | So what do we do? | 怎么办 |
[40:28] | Do you have reasonable doubt? | 你们觉得 有合理怀疑吗 |
[40:32] | I don’t know. | 说不清 |
[40:35] | I just have… | 我只是有… |
[40:37] | Reasonable ignorance. | 合理的不知情 |
[40:55] | Kalinda, we’ve got a problem. | 凯琳达 有麻烦了 |
[40:56] | The bailiff’s warning that the verdict’s coming in. | 法警说陪审团裁决要出来了 |
[40:58] | Okay. | 哦 |
[40:59] | Bianca and her mother want to talk to us. | 比安卡和她母亲要和我们谈谈 |
[41:01] | Oh, no. | 天 |
[41:02] | Yep. Where’s Cary? We need Cary. | 凯里在哪儿 得找他来 |
[41:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:04] | She likes him. Maybe he can talk to her. | 她喜欢他 也许他能跟她谈谈 |
[41:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:11] | Okay… | 好了 |
[41:14] | We’re unanimous. | 意见一致了 |
[41:15] | Oh! Yes! | 哦耶 |
[41:16] | Finally. Good job. | 总算搞定了 干得不错 |
[41:19] | Democracy in action. | 民主实践 |
[41:20] | All for $15 a day. | 一天15块钱嘿 |
[41:22] | I bet a lot of jurors trade numbers and say they’ll stay in touch. | 很多陪审员都会互留电话保持联系 |
[41:27] | but I bet nobody does. | 但我敢说咱们不会 |
[41:28] | Why don’t we just save time and not trade numbers? | 咱省省时间 别留号码了 |
[41:32] | Hello, judge. | 你好 法官 |
[41:33] | I thought I’d just join you in here and thank you for your service. | 我以为我会只是来感谢你们 |
[41:37] | Unfortunately, I now need to excuse you and thank you for your service. | 很遗憾 我现在得撤销你们的任务 并感谢你们 |
[41:43] | – What did we do? – Nothing. | -我们做错什么了 -没有 |
[41:45] | You did your job well. | 你们做得很好 |
[41:48] | This happens sometimes, | 但有时就是这样 |
[41:49] | And there’s no way to prepare for it. | 让人猝不及防 |
[41:51] | The prosecution and defense have agreed to a plea bargain just seconds ago. | 就在刚才 控辩双方达成了一项辩诉交易 |
[41:56] | You’re kidding me? | 开玩笑吧? |
[41:57] | No, I’m sorry, I’m not. | 抱歉 是真的 |
[41:58] | This happens sometimes | 有时候就是这样 |
[42:00] | when one side or the other worries about the outcome. | 因为某一方对结果过于担心 |
[42:03] | So again, thank you. | 抱歉 再次谢谢各位 |
[42:06] | I hope this doesn’t diminish your enthusiasm for the court system | 我希望这不会影响你们对法庭的热情 |
[42:10] | Because in another year you’re gonna get another summons. | 因为1年以后你们又会得到法庭召唤 |
[42:19] | So what happened? | 最后怎么样了 |
[42:21] | What was the plea bargain? | 辩诉交易是什么内容 |
[42:23] | Oh. Miss Price agreed to a charge of second-degree murder. | 普莱斯小姐接受了二级谋杀指控 |
[42:27] | Ten years. | 10年监禁 |
[42:31] | Thanks again. | 再次感谢各位 |