时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | In the matter of The People of Illinois v. Randall A. Simmons, | 伊利诺伊州以一级谋杀罪名 |
[00:14] | case number 10-C-R-2085, | 控告兰德尔·A·西蒙斯 |
[00:19] | on the charge of first degree murder, | 案件编号10-C-R-2085 |
[00:22] | we find the defendant… | 我们裁决被告… |
[00:25] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[00:30] | It’s over. It’s over. | 都结束了 都结束了 |
[00:31] | You hear me? | 听见没 |
[00:33] | Murderer! | 凶手 |
[00:34] | You killed my daughter! | 你杀了我女儿 |
[00:36] | – You! You! – Order! | -就是你 -秩序 |
[00:38] | Order in this court! | 注意法庭秩序 |
[00:40] | – Dad. – Son. | -爸爸 -儿子 |
[00:41] | Murderer! | 凶手 |
[00:41] | Bailiff, restrain that woman. | 法警 控制住那名妇女 |
[00:44] | Murderer! | 凶手 |
[00:45] | You! You! | 就是你 |
[00:47] | I’m warning you. | 我警告你 |
[00:49] | I can clear this court if order’s not restored. | 再破坏秩序 我就下令法庭清场 |
[00:54] | Hey! | 喂 |
[00:56] | I want you to have that. | 你给我看看这个 |
[00:59] | They were willing to take it. | 他们本乐意接受这个条件 |
[01:00] | Eight years, second degree murder. | 8年刑期 二级谋杀指控 |
[01:02] | We agreed it was the right move. | 你我都同意当初的决定的 |
[01:06] | Tell that to her. | 去和她说这个吧 |
[01:14] | That was a tough one. | 真是艰难的案子 |
[01:15] | Thought you had it. | 本以为你要赢了 |
[01:17] | You had the jury. | 陪审团支持你 |
[01:18] | You had the judge. | 可法官支持你 |
[01:22] | He killed her, you know? | 他的确杀了她 知道吗 |
[01:30] | We don’t know anything. | 我们什么都不知道 |
[01:32] | It’s not about trial. | 关键不在审判 |
[01:34] | It’s about pretrial. | 而在预审 |
[01:35] | It’s about excluding evidence. | 在于把某些证据排除出去 |
[01:37] | Even a case like Randall Simmons? | 即便西蒙斯这样的案子也是如此? |
[01:39] | Especially a case like Randall Simmons. | 西蒙斯这样的案子更是如此 |
[01:41] | We didn’t win that in court. | 尽管听上去不够刺激 |
[01:42] | I know it’s not sexy, | 但我们并不是在庭审阶段胜出的 |
[01:44] | but we won that in pretrial motions. | 而是在审前动议阶段 |
[01:46] | No, it’s sexy. | 不 这很刺激 |
[01:48] | What’s this for again? | 这要发表在哪家杂志 |
[01:50] | Chicago Law Review. | 《芝加哥法律评论》 |
[01:52] | My last question, Mr. Gardner, if you don’t mind. | 不介意的话 最后一个问题 加德纳先生 |
[01:55] | Sure. Shoot. | 没问题 说吧 |
[01:57] | You don’t really prefer boxers over briefs, do you? | 你真的更喜欢四角内裤 而不是三角内裤? |
[02:01] | What? | 什么 |
[02:02] | And this is about the… | 这是那本… |
[02:08] | You don’t really want to know about my legal strategy, do you? | 你并不是为了了解我的法庭策略 对吧 |
[02:10] | I do. | 我想了解 |
[02:11] | But first, are you proud of being | 但首先 你是本市排名第16的钻石王老五 |
[02:14] | the city’s 16th most eligible bachelor? | 你对此感到骄傲吗 |
[02:16] | Well, I was lobbying for 12th, but it’s all very political. | 我一直积极活动升上12名 但这里有很多潜规则 |
[02:21] | Joe. | 乔 |
[02:22] | I sure didn’t expect to see you here. | 真没想到在这儿见到你 |
[02:25] | I’m an independent conservative, remember? | 我是个无党派的保守派议员 记得吗 |
[02:27] | But let’s give these Republicans some credit. | 但对这些共和党人还是给予些肯定吧 |
[02:29] | Oh, Joe, there you are. Sorry, I was on a call. | 乔 你来了 抱歉 我在打电话 |
[02:31] | Look who I found haunting your halls. | 看看谁来了 |
[02:33] | Oh, hello. | 哦 你好 |
[02:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:36] | Are you…? | 你… |
[02:37] | Looking for Derrick Bond. | 我来找德里克·邦德 |
[02:38] | Lou. | 鲁 |
[02:40] | – Derrick. Good to see you. – And you. | -很高兴见到你 德里克 -我也是 |
[02:43] | I liked your D.C. Offices. | 我喜欢你在华盛顿的办公室 |
[02:44] | Yes. Yes, I think I like these a little bit more. | 是啊 但我更喜欢这里的办公室 |
[02:46] | More, um, traditional. | 更传统一些 |
[02:48] | – Oh, Mr. Trippi, nice to meet you. – Good to meet you. | -特里皮先生 幸会 -幸会 |
[02:51] | This is Mr. Bond. | 这位是邦德先生 |
[02:52] | Bond & Associates. | 邦德律所的 |
[02:54] | We, uh, merged. | 我们合并了 |
[02:57] | You’re really representing Lou Dobbs? | 你们真要做鲁·多布斯的代理人? |
[02:59] | I, um… am as surprised as you. | 呃 其实我和你一样吃惊 |
[03:03] | Talk about strange bedfellows. | 你和你的新合伙人还真是同床异梦呵 |
[03:07] | Uh, so I’m going to start streaming this live now, | 那么我就要开始网络直播了 |
[03:09] | if that’s okay, Mr. Florrick. | 有问题吗 福瑞克先生 |
[03:11] | It is, Freddy. Go right ahead. | 没问题 弗雷迪 开始吧 |
[03:13] | Thank you for doing this, Mr. Florrick, | 感谢您接受采访 福瑞克先生 |
[03:15] | and, uh, congratulations on your traction | 首先要恭喜您 您正在迎头赶上查尔兹 |
[03:17] | against Glenn Childs– it must feel good. | 感觉不错吧 |
[03:20] | Well, I love this city, Freddy. | 我爱这座城市 弗雷迪 |
[03:22] | So what’s your take on the state’s attorney loss | 昨天州检方指控杀妻凶手西蒙斯一案败诉了 |
[03:27] | yesterday against the wife killer Randall Simmons? | 您对此有何评论 |
[03:28] | A tragedy. That was winnable. | 是个悲剧 本来能赢的 |
[03:31] | Think Simmons should have gotten a stiff sentence– | 您认为西蒙斯本该受到严厉的刑罚? |
[03:32] | the stiffer the better? | 刑罚越狠越好? |
[03:34] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[03:35] | If the punishment fits the crime, | 在罪刑相当的前提下 |
[03:37] | the stiffer the better. | 越狠越好 |
[03:38] | But, um, your wife was on the defense team. | 但是 您的夫人在被告的律师团里 |
[03:41] | Now isn’t that a dichotomy– | 你是不是觉得两边为难 |
[03:43] | your wife fighting to get a wife killer out on the streets. | 您的夫人正努力使一名杀妻凶手逃脱制裁 |
[03:46] | No, not at all. | 不不 完全没有 |
[03:47] | As a matter of fact, I’m very proud of my wife. | 实际上 我为我的妻子感到骄傲 |
[03:49] | The job of a state’s attorney is not to wish | 州检察官不应该指望辩护律师放你一马 |
[03:51] | that the defense goes easier on you, it’s to fight harder. | 而应该努力地与之针锋相对 |
[03:55] | Fair enough. | 说得好 |
[03:56] | Now do you expect to have any sort of open debate… | 您是否期望进行一种公开的辩论… |
[04:01] | – Mr. Gold… – Five minutes then pull him. | -戈德先生 -过5分钟让他结束 |
[04:03] | We have another dozen of these to do. | 我们还有一堆这种采访 |
[04:05] | Well, we caught something on College Humor. | 我们在collegehumor.com上发现了一些东西 |
[04:07] | You should take a look. | 您该看看 |
[04:08] | I completely agree and so does Peter Florrick. | 我完全同意 福瑞克先生也是 |
[04:10] | He’ll be happy to have people like you helping his campaign. | 他会很乐意有您这样的人帮助他竞选 |
[04:15] | Well, that’s very nice, ma’am. | 那太好了 女士 |
[04:17] | You should really come hear Mr. Florrick speak. | 您该来听听福瑞克先生演讲 |
[04:20] | Well, hello there. | 你好啊 |
[04:22] | Oh, thank you, Mrs. Twohy. | 谢谢您 特沃西太太 |
[04:25] | Yes, I’m looking forward to it. | 是的 我很期待 |
[04:29] | Mr. Gold, hello. | 你好 戈德先生 |
[04:31] | Becca. | 贝卡 |
[04:32] | You’re looking healthy. | 你看起来气色不错 |
[04:34] | I am healthy. | 我身体很好 |
[04:34] | You cut your hair. | 您剪头发了 |
[04:36] | Yes, it was getting long. | 是啊 头发长了 |
[04:37] | So you’re a volunteer. | 你来这儿做志愿者 |
[04:39] | I am. I’m just giving back. | 是啊 我想回报一下 |
[04:41] | Inspiring. | 我很感动啊 |
[04:42] | Youth today putting aside their video games. | 当代的年轻人能放下手中的游戏机 |
[04:45] | Oh, the Obama generation. | 这就是奥巴马一代 |
[04:49] | No. | 不用了 |
[04:51] | Why, Mr. Gold, you… you don’t trust me? | 为什么 戈德先生 你不信任我吗 |
[04:54] | Oddly enough, no. | 是挺奇怪 的确不信任 |
[04:57] | Hmm. I haven’t tweeted. | 我没发微博啊 |
[04:59] | You asked me not to, and I didn’t tweet. | 你叫我别发 我就没再发 |
[05:01] | I threatened you not to tweet and you did tweet, | 我警告你别发微博 可你还是发了 |
[05:03] | about whether Mr. Michaels, your history teacher, was gay. | 讨论你的历史老师迈克尔是不是同性恋 |
[05:07] | Zach said you needed volunteers. | 扎克说你这里需要志愿者 |
[05:08] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我来了 |
[05:10] | Zach told you? | 扎克和你说的? |
[05:11] | Yes, your boss’s son. | 是啊 你老板的公子 |
[05:15] | I’m sorry, we’re all full up. | 抱歉 我们的人手足够了 |
[05:17] | But thank you, | 不过还是谢谢你 |
[05:18] | dear Becca. | 亲爱的贝卡 |
[05:20] | – Excuse me, Mr. Gold… – Thank her and get rid of her. | -打搅下 戈德先生 -跟她说谢谢然后让她滚 |
[05:22] | College Humor– it just went up an hour ago. | collegehumor.com上 1小时前出来的 |
[05:26] | It’s the call girl, Amber. | 是那个应召女郎 安贝儿 |
[05:28] | On the bed, in the car out of state. He’s the best candidate. | 滚床单 玩车震 他是最佳候选人 |
[05:34] | No one makes me self stimulate like Peter Florrick | 彼得最撩人 我为他出动潜水艇 |
[05:38] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 天啊 |
[05:41] | People say you’re down in the polls, | 他们说 你民调落后 |
[05:43] | but I say you’re always good at coming from behind. | 但我说 彼得推车 定能后来居上 |
[05:46] | – Coming from behind – Oh, dear God. | -推车后上 -哦 天啊 |
[05:48] | You’re not afraid to hand out stiff sentences, | 和我玩 你一向特别狠 |
[05:50] | and I think you agree, the stiffer the better. | 你一定赞成 越狠越好 |
[05:53] | Stiffer is better. And let’s not even get into… | 越狠越好 更别说… |
[05:59] | Get the key! | 拿钥匙来 |
[06:00] | Is the other door unlocked? | 另一扇门锁上了吗 |
[06:02] | No. Mr. Gold, he’s going to open it after the interview. | 没有 戈德先生 采访结束后他会开门 |
[06:04] | No… It’s a setup! | 这是陷害 |
[06:09] | Get him off the interview! | 让他停止接受采访 |
[06:10] | Cut it! Shut down the computer! | 快切断 关掉电脑 |
[06:12] | They’re setting up his words! | 他们在套他的话 |
[06:14] | It’s a setup. | 是在陷害他 |
[06:15] | Stop it now. | 马上停止采访 |
[06:21] | Okay, Freddy, thank you. | 好的 弗雷迪 谢谢你 |
[06:24] | What are you doing? What is it? | 你在干什么 怎么了 |
[06:27] | We just gave them tomorrow’s news cycle. | 我们刚给了他们明天新闻的好题目 |
[06:33] | Where you at? | 怎么不防我 |
[06:35] | Oh! Yes! | 哦耶 |
[06:38] | Done! | 结束了 |
[06:40] | Just like old times. | 跟以前一样 |
[06:41] | Who wins? Me. | 谁赢了? 我 |
[06:45] | Well? | 那么 |
[06:46] | I still don’t like it as much as racquetball. | 我还是更喜欢壁球 |
[06:50] | Why the call, Cary? | 打电话找我什么事 凯里 |
[06:52] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:54] | The old peace corps gang kept wanted to know what happened to you. | 和平部队的老朋友想了解你的近况嘛 |
[06:57] | Really? | 是吗 |
[07:00] | What is that, your novel? | 这是什么 你写的小说? |
[07:02] | It’s a murder case. Randall Simmons. | 西蒙斯谋杀案 |
[07:04] | Thought his wife was cheating on him, | 他认为他老婆在外面乱搞 |
[07:06] | stabbed her 38 times with a bowie knife. | 用猎刀捅了她38下 |
[07:09] | Thought you’d take a look at it. | 我觉得你会感兴趣的 |
[07:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:13] | I lost. | 我输了 |
[07:18] | Take off your shoe. | 鞋子脱下来 |
[07:19] | – Why? – Because I want you to take off your shoe. | -干嘛 -叫你脱就脱 |
[07:22] | – It’s on my foot. – So untie it. | -还穿在脚上呢 -解下来 |
[07:29] | Yeah, just take a look at it. | 好吧 看看这案子吧 |
[07:30] | They were willing to take eight years. | 他们本愿意接受8年刑期 |
[07:32] | So you screwed up. | 结果你搞砸了 |
[07:33] | We thought we could get life. | 我们本以为能让他接受终身监禁 |
[07:35] | You don’t even have to go to trial. | 甚至本不需要上庭 |
[07:36] | You get a fast eight years. | 轻而易举就能让他接受8年刑期 |
[07:38] | We’ve done all the heavy lifting. | 我们已经尽了一切努力 |
[07:40] | Clearly you haven’t or the guy would be in prison. | 很明显还没有 否则那个人就进去了 |
[07:43] | We couldn’t get the evidence in– you can. | 有些证据我们无法呈堂 你可以 |
[07:45] | Just take a look at it. | 看看吧 |
[07:59] | More questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[08:00] | Follow-ups. | 后续采访 |
[08:01] | Boxers or briefs? | 喜欢穿四角裤还是三角裤? |
[08:03] | No. | 不是 |
[08:04] | Just need to fact check. | 只是核实几件事 |
[08:09] | You don’t need to answer that. | 你没必要接这个电话 |
[08:12] | You’re right, I don’t. | 你说对了 没必要 |
[08:15] | Hello. | 喂 |
[08:21] | What happened? What’s the charge? | 发生什么事了 什么罪名 |
[08:23] | – Murder. – Whose? | -谋杀 -谋杀谁 |
[08:24] | – His wife’s. – No, they can’t. | -他老婆 -不 他们不能这么做 |
[08:26] | Double jeopardy– | 这违反一事不再理原则 |
[08:28] | he’s been trialed, cleared. | 他已经受过审判 被判无罪 |
[08:29] | Three days, Mr. Gardner, that’s all. Three days free. | 3天 加德纳先生 我才重获自由3天 |
[08:31] | It’s okay, Randall, I can handle this. | 没事的 西蒙斯 我会处理好 |
[08:32] | Mr. Gardner, Captain Melinda Gossett. | 加德纳先生 我是戈塞特上尉 |
[08:35] | U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps. | 陆军军法署的 |
[08:37] | JAG. What, are you kidding me? | 军法署 开什么玩笑 |
[08:39] | At the time of the murder, | 谋杀案发生期间 |
[08:40] | your client was a mobilized reservist | 根据军方依《美国法典》第10篇发出之命令 |
[08:42] | on Title 10 Orders. | 你的当事人是应召服役的预备役军人 |
[08:43] | As such, it isn’t double jeopardy. | 这种情况 不违反一事不再理 |
[08:47] | The crime falls concurrently under military jurisdiction. | 军方法院对此案享有共同管辖权 |
[08:50] | Specialist Randall Simmons, | 技术兵西蒙斯 |
[08:51] | pursuant to article 118 of the Uniform Code, | 根据统一军法典第118条 |
[08:53] | you’re hereby apprehended to face charges for murder. | 兹因涉嫌谋杀将你逮捕 |
[09:16] | You’re not afraid to hand out stiff sentences, | 和我玩 你一向特别狠 |
[09:19] | and I think you agree, the stiffer the better. | 我想你赞成 越狠越好 |
[09:23] | It’s got to be her. She’s out to get me. | 肯定是她的阴谋 她要整我 |
[09:25] | It doesn’t matter. | 她不重要 |
[09:26] | Childs is benefiting. | 但此事让查尔兹获益了 |
[09:28] | He’s probably financing it. | 很可能是他出钱搞的 |
[09:29] | Just you and me by candlelight | 你我两人 沐浴着烛光 |
[09:32] | You can caucus me all night | 你与我奋战 整个夜晚 |
[09:35] | – All night… – Absolutely. | -整个夜晚 -这是当然 |
[09:37] | Has it gone viral? | 视频流传很广吗 |
[09:39] | It’s growing. | 正在快速传播 |
[09:40] | If she showed more skin, it would grow faster. | 如果她穿得更暴露 视频会传播得更快 |
[09:42] | Well, we’re just going to have to take the high road. | 我们只是摆出高姿态即可 |
[09:45] | And you’re going to have to vet those reporters more closely. | 但你得更严格地审查那些采访记者 |
[09:48] | Yeah, my fault. | 是我的错 |
[09:51] | There is something else we can do. | 我们还可以做些别的 |
[09:53] | Pull the trigger. | 先发制人 |
[09:54] | If we go negative first, | 如果我们先贬低对方 |
[09:56] | we’re going to be seen as going negative first. | 我们会先被看成是卑鄙的一方 |
[09:57] | Peter, he will kill you | 彼得 |
[09:58] | with a million viral paper cuts just like this one. | 他会使出无数类似的阴招整死你 |
[10:01] | Let him kill me | 就让他整死我好了 |
[10:02] | because I’m not going to give him an excuse to come after my family. | 我不会给他任何借口伤害我的家人 |
[10:04] | What do you think he’s doing? | 那你认为他在干什么 |
[10:05] | These people are just looking for anything they can use | 这帮人找一切用得上的东西 |
[10:07] | to make you look bad. | 来抹黑你 |
[10:08] | Peter, they have trackers out there everywhere. | 彼得 他们到处都安插了跟踪的人 |
[10:11] | They could follow you around. | 他们可以跟在你左右 |
[10:12] | They could follow your family. | 他们可以跟踪你家人 |
[10:13] | They could take anything you say out of context. | 他们可以把你说的任何一句话断章取义 |
[10:16] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[10:18] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:21] | Something is. | 一定有事 |
[10:23] | What did you do? | 你干什么了 |
[10:29] | It was at Grandma’s meeting thing. | 在奶奶参加的那个聚会上 |
[10:31] | What was? | 发生了什么 |
[10:31] | This kid, with a cell phone camera. | 有个小孩 拿着摄像手机 |
[10:34] | There were two kids. | 是两个小孩 |
[10:36] | They were asking me questions. | 他们问了我一些问题 |
[10:38] | Like what? | 哪方面的 |
[10:39] | About Dad. | 关于爸爸的 |
[10:40] | And her, the hooker. | 还有她 那个妓女 |
[10:43] | They taped it, but I haven’t seen it anywhere. | 他们拍了下来 但我还没发现他们公布 |
[10:45] | – What did you say? – Nothing. | -你说了些什么 -没什么 |
[10:47] | I was defending Dad. | 我只是在维护爸爸 |
[10:49] | They just kept on asking. | 但他们不停地问 |
[10:51] | Should we tell Dad? | 我们要告诉爸爸吗 |
[10:53] | Maybe they’re not going to use it. | 也许他们并不打算公布录影 |
[10:55] | Or they’re saving it. | 或者他们在等机会 |
[11:16] | Eight years. | 8年 |
[11:17] | Come on, you’re shaking us down. | 得了吧 你这是敲诈 |
[11:18] | Because of the moratorium, Illinois currently has no death penalty, | 伊利诺伊州现在暂停死刑 |
[11:22] | but the military does, and we’re not afraid to use it. | 但是军队里有 而且我们不惧怕动用死刑 |
[11:25] | If I were you, I’d take the eight years. | 如果我是你 我会接受8年刑期的条件 |
[11:27] | We’ll get back to you. | 我们会再联络你 |
[11:31] | Um, we’ll– we’ll get back to you. | 我们 我们会再跟你联络 |
[11:34] | I’m Lieutenant Terrence Hicks, | 我是希克斯中尉 |
[11:35] | Mr. Simmons’ court-appointed lawyer. | 法庭指派给西蒙斯先生的律师 |
[11:39] | The thing I’d like to point out is that, | 我不得不说 |
[11:40] | given the evidence, eight years is reasonable. | 从证据上看 8年刑期这条件不错 |
[11:45] | I think you should consider it. | 我希望你们能考虑一下 |
[11:46] | Lieutenant, | 中尉 |
[11:47] | a year ago, I came home to find my wife stabbed. | 一年前 我回家时发现妻子遇刺身亡 |
[11:50] | The wife I love. | 我深爱的妻子 |
[11:52] | I spent the last year trying to convince people that I didn’t do it. | 我花了一年时间 来说服大家我不是凶手 |
[11:55] | And when I finally did, | 当我终于做到的时候 |
[11:56] | when I finally slept at home again, I… | 当我终于可以再次回家的时候… |
[12:00] | I will not take a plea of eight years. | 我不会接受8年刑期 |
[12:02] | I did not do this. | 不是我干的 |
[12:04] | I will not. | 我不接受 |
[12:07] | You’re free to retain outside counsel if you wish. | 如果愿意 你可以续用外聘的律师 |
[12:09] | I’ll simply remain as standby. | 我留下当后备 |
[12:13] | Please, help me. You got me off before. | 拜托 帮帮我 你们曾经帮过我脱罪 |
[12:14] | The thing is, Randall, we don’t usually practice in military court. | 问题是 我们很少在军事法庭上辩护 |
[12:17] | I don’t care. I trust you. | 无所谓 我相信你们 |
[12:21] | I thought we were closing down the Simmons defense. | 我以为西蒙斯的案子已经结束了 |
[12:24] | We were. | 本来是的 |
[12:25] | Things changed. | 情况发生了变化 |
[12:26] | We’re not gonna make the same mistake as last year, are we? | 我们不能犯和去年一样的错误 对不对 |
[12:29] | What was the mistake last year? | 去年的什么错误 |
[12:30] | Taking cases on whim, not long-term strategy. | 凭心血来潮接案子 而不是依据长远战略 |
[12:33] | Not whim, passion. | 不是心血来潮 是激情 |
[12:34] | And Simmons brings us attention. | 西蒙斯的案子让我们倍受瞩目 |
[12:36] | Yeah, more broke clients. | 是啊 更多一文不名的委托人找到了我们 |
[12:39] | But, look, | 但是 听着 |
[12:40] | I’ll support you if you support me. | 如果你支持我 我也会支持你 |
[12:44] | Derrick represents Lou Dobbs. | 德里克是鲁·多布斯的律师 |
[12:46] | Oh, yeah, I saw that yesterday. | 是 我昨天看到了 |
[12:47] | How did that go down with Trippi? | 怎么碍着特里皮了 |
[12:49] | Their publishers have projects in conflict. | 他们的发行商手中的项目有冲突 |
[12:52] | We’re going to have to drop one. | 我们不得不放弃其中一人 |
[12:55] | So can I count on you? | 我能指望你吗 |
[12:56] | For a vote? Sure. | 投你一票? 当然 |
[12:58] | That’s why we did this; two partner to one. | 咱为的就是这个 合伙人投票 2比1 |
[13:01] | So send Lou Dobbs packing. | 打发鲁·多布斯走人 |
[13:03] | Go follow your bliss. | 去寻你的开心吧 |
[13:06] | You know, I should wear a uniform. | 其实我应该穿身军装的 |
[13:10] | I think I’d look good in one. | 我穿上一定很帅 |
[13:11] | With tassels on the shoulder… | 肩上带流苏的 |
[13:12] | like HMS Pinafore. | 像宾纳福皇家号里一样 |
[13:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:22] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[13:24] | I’m great. | 我很好 |
[13:25] | Mr. Bond thought that I should help you out with Simmons. | 邦德先生希望 我在西蒙斯的案子上帮你一把 |
[13:28] | Ah, that’s okay. Kalinda can help me. | 没关系 凯琳达可以帮我 |
[13:31] | She’s a little busy; Murphy/Gomes. | 她忙墨菲诉戈麦斯的案子呢 |
[13:34] | Oh. Well, are you familiar with the Randall Simmons murder? | 你了解西蒙斯杀人案吗 |
[13:36] | I am. | 是的 |
[13:38] | We’re headed straight into court, so… | 我们直接进入庭审阶段 所以… |
[13:40] | You’ll need the CID file. | 你要用到陆军刑侦部的卷宗 |
[13:41] | Yes. | 是 |
[13:42] | I took the liberty. | 我自作主张搞到了 |
[13:44] | You took the liberty. | 你自作主张 |
[13:45] | How did you even know to take the liberty? | 你怎么知道要搞这个呢 |
[13:47] | I keep track of things. | 我很注意跟进案情 |
[13:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:50] | Can I draw your attention to one thing? | 能请你注意一个地方吗 |
[13:52] | Draw away. | 指出来 |
[13:57] | The Army canvassed the crime scene at the time of the murder, | 谋杀案发生时军队彻查了犯罪现场 |
[14:01] | but they backed off | 但是州检察官提出指控后 |
[14:02] | when the state’s attorney brought charges. | 他们退出了 |
[14:03] | Now this is the investigation from a year ago. | 这是一年前的调查档案 |
[14:07] | But these notes in the margins, | 但是边缘的这些注释 |
[14:09] | these felt-tip notes, they’re recent. | 这些毡尖笔写的注释 是最近写的 |
[14:12] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[14:14] | I know. | 我就是知道 |
[14:15] | Yes, but I need to know how you know | 好 但我必须搞懂你怎么知道的 |
[14:17] | so I can act upon your knowledge. | 这样才能在这个基础上工作 |
[14:21] | This is a xerox of a xerox. | 这是个复印件的复印件 |
[14:23] | The original notations are faded. | 最初的注释都褪色了 |
[14:26] | The felt-tip notes are faded a little less | 毡尖笔写的注释褪色没那么厉害 |
[14:30] | because they were only copied once. | 因为这些注释只被影印了一次 |
[14:31] | It’s the same as the cover letter, | 这和附信的情况一样 |
[14:33] | which was dated three days ago. | 而附信标注的日期是3天前 |
[14:35] | And these notes, those were from three days ago? | 那么这些注释 也都是3天前写的? |
[14:38] | Yes. | 是 |
[14:42] | You recognize the handwriting? | 你认出笔迹了? |
[14:46] | Cary? Really? | 凯里 真的吗 |
[14:47] | He’s helping them vet their case, | 他在帮他们雕琢控词 |
[14:49] | feeding them information. | 给他们提供情报 |
[14:51] | Behind enemy lines. | 敌后战线啊 |
[14:57] | Actually, I’m afraid, in a court-martial, | 抱歉 在军事法庭上 |
[14:59] | the prosecutor sits next to the jury. | 陪审团旁边的席位是检察官的 |
[15:01] | We’re-we’re over… | 那我们在… |
[15:13] | All rise! | 全体起立 |
[15:27] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[15:28] | Not you. | 不包括你 |
[15:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[15:37] | She’s doing another cleanse. | 她又在清肠胃 |
[15:41] | State your name, please. | 请说出你的名字 |
[15:42] | William Gardner, Your Honor, for the defendant. | 威廉·加德纳 法官阁下 辩护律师 |
[15:48] | I assume you’re not currently in the military, Mr. Gardner. | 我猜你不是现役军人吧 加德纳先生 |
[15:50] | No, Your Honor. | 不是 法官阁下 |
[15:51] | Have you ever served in the armed forces? | 你曾经服过役吗 |
[15:53] | No, Your Honor, but… | 没有 法官阁下 不过… |
[15:58] | “But,” Mr. Gardner? | 不过什么 加德纳先生 |
[16:00] | But I have great respect for the armed forces, Your Honor. | 不过我对军队充满敬意 |
[16:03] | You’re familiar with the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Mr. Gardner? | 你熟悉统一军法典吗 加德纳先生 |
[16:07] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[16:10] | Call the panel. | 请陪审团进来 |
[16:21] | I want to help. | 我想帮忙 |
[16:24] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不行 |
[16:24] | I know things. | 我知道一些事 |
[16:27] | You want to help? | 你想帮忙吗 |
[16:27] | Stay in school, don’t do drugs. | 好好上学 不要吸毒 |
[16:29] | It’s my mom, isn’t it? | 是我妈不让 是吧 |
[16:32] | She won’t let me? | 她不让我参与? |
[16:33] | It’s your mom, it’s your dad, it’s me. | 你妈你爸 还有我 都不让 |
[16:34] | I do not need Encyclopedia Brown on my staff. | 我不需要百事通布朗这样的下属 |
[16:38] | I know things. | 我知道一些事 |
[16:42] | You want to help? | 你想帮忙吗 |
[16:43] | Don’t tell your girlfriend to volunteer. | 那就别让你的女友去做志愿者 |
[16:45] | My girlfriend? | 我的女友? |
[16:46] | The blonde. | 金发姑娘 |
[16:48] | Becca. | 贝卡 |
[16:49] | Becca. | 贝卡 |
[16:51] | Don’t send her my way. | 别让她给我添乱 |
[16:52] | I didn’t. | 没有啊 |
[16:53] | We broke up. | 我们分手了 |
[17:00] | I’ll talk to her. | 我去跟她谈 |
[17:01] | No. She wanted me to talk to you so you would talk to her. | 不用了 她想让我找你谈 然后你就会去找她 |
[17:04] | I appear to be off my game today. | 看来我今天状态很糟啊 |
[17:08] | Let it rest. | 这事你别管 |
[17:14] | And what do you mean by that, Corporal? | 你那是什么意思 下士 |
[17:16] | I’m just saying, my sister was a victim of domestic violence. | 我是说 我姐姐是家庭暴力的受害者 |
[17:20] | So you’re saying you can’t be impartial towards a man | 那么对于被指控向妇女使用暴力的人 |
[17:22] | accused of violence against a woman? | 你无法做到公正咯? |
[17:23] | I guess it depends on the evidence. | 这大概要取决于证据 |
[17:26] | Your Honor, we challenge this juror for cause | 法官阁下 由于其心存偏见 |
[17:27] | on the grounds of bias. | 我们认为这位陪审员不适格 |
[17:29] | Corporal Barnard, if I order you to be unbiased, will you be? | 巴纳德下士 如果我命令你公正 你会公正吗 |
[17:32] | Yes, ma’am. | 会的 长官 |
[17:33] | Good. You’re seated. | 很好 陪审员适格 |
[17:36] | Mr. Gardner, Captain Gossett, | 加德纳先生 戈塞特上尉 |
[17:37] | pretrial motions in my chambers. | 请来我办公室进行审前动议 |
[17:49] | As you can see, | 如您所见 法官阁下 |
[17:50] | they’re clearly more prejudicial than probative, Your Honor. | 这些照片的误导性大于证明力 |
[17:52] | Denied. | 驳回 |
[17:53] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[17:54] | Did the police take the photos? | 照片是警方拍的不? |
[17:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:57] | Is that your client in them? | 照片里是你当事人不 |
[17:58] | Yes, but… | 是的 不过… |
[17:59] | Then they come in. The jury’s smart enough | 那么证据适格 陪审团不傻 |
[18:00] | to separate the prejudicial from the probative. | 能分清哪些有误导性 哪些有证明力 |
[18:03] | What’s next? | 下一项是什么 |
[18:04] | The defendant made a statement to the police on the night in question. | 被告在警察当晚的审问中 做了一项供述 |
[18:06] | Your Honor, Mr. Simmons was highly intoxicated. | 法官阁下 西蒙斯先生当时严重醉酒 |
[18:08] | People v. Kearns, | 人民诉科恩斯案裁定 |
[18:10] | intoxication renders a police statement inherently unreliable. | 醉酒供词本质上是不可信的 |
[18:12] | Kearns is an Illinois state case. It doesn’t apply here. | 那是伊利诺伊州的判例 在此不适用 |
[18:15] | The statement comes in. | 证据适格 |
[18:16] | Your Honor, in light of these unexpected rulings, | 法官阁下 考虑到您这些意外的裁定 |
[18:19] | I have to request a continuance. | 我必须要求诉讼延期 |
[18:21] | Denied. I’ve got nine active duty soldiers on that jury. | 否决 陪审团里有9名现役军人 |
[18:24] | I will not allow you to waste their time. | 我不允许你浪费他们的时间 |
[18:27] | Now it’s 1700 hours. | 现在是17点 |
[18:30] | We’ll take a short break for dinner, | 现在休息吃晚餐 |
[18:31] | and begin testimony at 1800 hours sharp. | 18点整开始法庭调查 |
[18:34] | At 6:00, Your Honor? | 6点 法官阁下? |
[18:35] | Yes, Mr. Gardner, at 6:00. | 是的 加德纳先生 6点 |
[18:38] | Welcome to military court. | 欢迎来到军事法庭 |
[18:41] | And did the defendant make a statement to you at that time? | 那次被告录口供了吗 |
[18:44] | Yes, he did. | 是的 录了 |
[18:46] | Detective Resia, | 雷西亚警官 |
[18:47] | please read this highlighted part of that statement. | 请读一下这份口供划出的要点 |
[18:51] | Detective: “She was cheating on you?” | 警察问 “他有外遇了?” |
[18:54] | Suspect: “She was sleeping with somebody, I know she was.” | 嫌疑人答 “她和别人睡了 我知道” |
[18:56] | Detective: “Did you kill her?” | 警察问 “你杀了她?” |
[18:59] | Suspect: “I… I don’t know.” | 嫌疑人答 “我… 我不知道” |
[19:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:05] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[19:07] | In the course of your investigation that night, | 你那天晚上的侦查过程中 |
[19:08] | did you search the suspect’s car? | 搜查嫌疑人的车了吗 |
[19:10] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[19:11] | Counsel approach. | 双方律师上前来 |
[19:15] | Your Honor, the police had no warrant to search the car. | 法官阁下 警察没有搜查车辆的许可 |
[19:17] | They asked the defendant if they could search his property. | 他们询问被告是否可以搜查他的财产 |
[19:19] | He said yes. | 他说可以 |
[19:20] | Is his car not his property? | 他的车难道不是他的财产吗 |
[19:22] | It was parked two blocks away, Your Honor. | 车停在两个街区之外 法官阁下 |
[19:24] | It’s the reasonable man doctrine. Judge, he assumed they meant his home. | 应遵循理性人原则 他以为警方是指搜他的家 |
[19:27] | Strictly construed, his car is his property, Mr. Gardner. | 遵循严格解释原则 他的车属于他的财产 |
[19:32] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[19:36] | Please answer the question, Detective. | 请回答问题 警官 |
[19:39] | We did search his car, and we found a backpack, | 我们搜查了他的车 发现了一个背包 |
[19:42] | containing the defendant’s passport, a wig, | 里面有被告的护照 一顶假发 |
[19:44] | and also an envelope containing $2,000 in cash. | 还有个装有2000美金的信封 |
[19:50] | Look, we got this excluded in state court, | 在州法院时 我们排除了这些证据 |
[19:51] | so we never had to ask this before: | 所以之前一直没问过 |
[19:54] | why was that stuff in your car? | 但现在要问 你车里为什么有那些东西 |
[19:56] | If you were scared that you would be arrested for something you didn’t do | 如果你是害怕会蒙冤被捕 |
[19:59] | we can work with that. | 我们可以按照这个思路辩护 |
[20:00] | That’s not it. It’s… | 不是的 是… |
[20:09] | They were calling my unit up to Afghanistan. | 他们当时在征调我们分队去阿富汗 |
[20:11] | We were all getting deployed, | 我们都接到派遣令 |
[20:13] | so… | 所以… |
[20:15] | I was gonna flee to Canada. | 我打算逃往加拿大 |
[20:18] | I was going AWOL. | 我想逃脱服役 |
[20:23] | Whatever you do, you can’t tell that to a military jury. | 这事儿 可横竖不能对军人陪审团讲 |
[20:31] | Then what do we do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[20:48] | So, I’m free now. | 我现在没事了 |
[20:50] | You’re…? | 你… |
[20:51] | Yesterday. You needed me? | 昨天 你找我? |
[20:54] | Oh, that. Actually, Blake’s handling it. | 那个啊 布莱克帮我做呢 |
[20:55] | Derrick said you were on Murphy/Gomes and I should use Blake. | 德里克说你在处理墨菲案 让我找布莱克 |
[21:00] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[21:02] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[21:09] | I know that we have to drop one of them. | 我知道必须放弃他们中的一个 |
[21:11] | It happens with every merger. | 律所合并难免有这种事 |
[21:13] | I would argue that we find new representation for Mr. Dobbs | 我认为 还是让多布斯先生换律所吧 |
[21:17] | and stick with the client who’s been with us longest. | 我们则继续和最长期的客户合作 |
[21:20] | That’s all. | 就是这样 |
[21:21] | I hate this. I know we all do, | 我很不愿意面对这种事 大家都一样 |
[21:23] | but both of our firms faced economic ruin independently, | 我们两家律所没合并时 都面临经济危机 |
[21:27] | and in my opinion… | 依我之见… |
[21:29] | We’re busy in here. | 我们有事谈 |
[21:33] | Just give us five minutes, please. | 请给我们5分钟 |
[21:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:42] | Here are the billable hours attached to Mr. Trippi’s account. | 这些是特里皮先生带给律所的计费工时 |
[21:48] | And here… are the hours attached to Mr. Dobbs. | 这些 则是多布斯先生带来的计费工时 |
[22:05] | I thought you said two votes to one. | 你说过 咱俩联手对付他 |
[22:07] | That’s why we did it this way. | 所以我们才这么做 |
[22:09] | And I thought you said we weren’t going to follow cases on a whim. | 但你也说过 我们不能凭心血来潮接案子 |
[22:12] | This isn’t a whim. | 这不是心血来潮 |
[22:13] | Did you see the difference? | 你没看出区别吗 |
[22:15] | Joe has been with us longer. | 乔跟我们的时间更长 |
[22:16] | And Lou brings us more work. | 鲁带来的工时更多 |
[22:18] | – Derrick more work. – No, us more work. | -是带给德里克更多的工时 -不 是带给我们 |
[22:21] | There’s no Derrick anymore. There’s no us. | 德里克和咱俩的利益是一致的 |
[22:23] | This is a betrayal. | 这是背叛 |
[22:24] | You said that you would support me. | 你说过会支持我的 |
[22:26] | I didn’t see the facts. | 我当时不了解事实 |
[22:27] | Now the facts are important to you? | 你突然在乎起事实了? |
[22:29] | In court, you couldn’t give a damn. | 在法庭 你拿事实当个屁啊 |
[22:31] | Come on, Diane. It’s money. | 好了 戴安 重要的是钱 |
[22:32] | It’s about keeping our doors open. | 重要的是敞开我们的大门 |
[22:34] | My dad drove his business into the ground giving money to everyone he knew. | 我爸当年就因乐善好施 搞砸了生意 |
[22:37] | And I’m not going to make the same mistake. | 我不打算犯同样的错误 |
[22:38] | You know what you just did? | 你知道你做了什么吗 |
[22:41] | You just lost your certain vote. | 你丢掉了我肯定投你的那一票 |
[22:53] | Becca! | 贝卡 |
[22:54] | Zach. | 扎克 |
[23:00] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[23:01] | What am I doing? What do you mean? | 我在干什么 你什么意思 |
[23:03] | I mean, I didn’t ask you to volunteer for my dad’s campaign. | 我是说 我没让你给我爸的竞选做志愿者 |
[23:05] | I haven’t even talked to you. | 我最近都没跟你说过话 |
[23:07] | Why won’t you just let me say I’m sorry? | 你怎么不让我说句对不起呢 |
[23:09] | Because you’re not. | 因为你没觉得对不起 |
[23:10] | I am. | 你想错了 |
[23:12] | There’s nothing else I can say. | 我就是要说对不起 |
[23:13] | I text you, you won’t text me back. | 我给你发短信 你不回 |
[23:16] | I try to wait for you after school… | 我尝试等你放学… |
[23:17] | You hurt my mom, my dad. | 你伤害了我妈 我爸 |
[23:18] | I stopped. | 我停手了 |
[23:20] | I said I’d stop, and I stopped. | 我说了我会停手 我确实停手了 |
[23:24] | My parents are getting a divorce, | 我父母要离婚了 |
[23:26] | and I just… | 我只是… |
[23:28] | That’s funny? | 好笑吗 |
[23:29] | Yeah, actually, it is. | 是的 确实好笑 |
[23:32] | You think it worked once, | 你觉得管了一次用 |
[23:33] | now it’ll work again. | 现在还能管用 |
[23:34] | What’ll work? | 什么会管用 |
[23:35] | I was trying to show you that I was sorry. | 我只是想让你知道我很抱歉 |
[23:38] | Do you know how boring it is volunteering at a campaign? | 你知道做竞选志愿者有多无聊吗 |
[23:41] | Do you really think I’d do it unless I really meant it? | 如果我不是认真的 我会去干这个吗 |
[23:44] | So you meant it. Good-bye. | 你确实是认真的 再见 |
[23:48] | I know Glenn Childs. | 我认识格伦·查尔兹 |
[23:50] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[23:51] | No. I know Glenn Childs Jr. | 不是 我认识他儿子 |
[23:57] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[23:58] | The Army did their own investigation of the scene. | 军方调查了犯罪现场 |
[24:01] | They ran the prints from the house against military records, | 他们将房子里的指纹和军方记录做了比对 |
[24:04] | and they only came up with one match– Simmons? | 然后 只有西蒙斯的符合? |
[24:08] | Maybe that’s all there were. | 可能只有他一人的指纹 |
[24:09] | But he had told me that he had had lots | 但是他告诉我 |
[24:12] | of people from his unit over to the house. | 他们分队有很多人去过那栋房子 |
[24:14] | By rule, Criminal Investigation Command | 根据规定 陆军刑侦司令部 |
[24:16] | has to turn over every piece of evidence that’s relevant. | 必须考虑所有相关的证据 |
[24:18] | Everything that’s relevant? | 所有相关的? |
[24:21] | Well, who decides what’s not relevant? | 那么谁来决定哪些是不相关的呢 |
[24:24] | They do. | 他们自己 |
[24:25] | So what do they do with the stuff that isn’t relevant? | 那么他们怎么处理不相关的证据呢 |
[24:37] | I’m entitled to see the file– all of it. | 我有权阅卷 全部内容 |
[24:39] | Yes, ma’am, but I cannot release that file to you | 没错 但没有杰尼克少校的命令 |
[24:41] | without orders from Major Janick. | 我不能把那些卷宗给你 |
[24:43] | And so where’s Major Janick? | 那么杰尼克少校在哪 |
[24:44] | He’s gone for the day. | 他今天不在 |
[24:45] | He’ll be back Monday at 0800. | 他周一早8点会回来 |
[24:46] | But we are due back in court tomorrow, | 但我们明天就要开庭了 |
[24:49] | and if I have to get a court order… | 如果非让我拿到法院裁定… |
[24:51] | Ma’am, unless the major authorizes this, | 女士 除非少校批准 |
[24:52] | that’s exactly what you’re going to have to do. | 否则你只能去申请法院裁定 |
[24:55] | Is there a problem, Corporal? | 有什么事情吗 下士 |
[24:56] | No, sir, Lieutenant Hicks. | 没有 希克斯中尉 |
[24:57] | At ease, then. And get the file. | 稍息 把卷宗拿来 |
[24:59] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[25:04] | Sorry, Lieutenant Hicks. | 抱歉 希克斯中尉 |
[25:06] | Congratulations on your commendation. | 恭喜您获得了嘉奖 |
[25:07] | Are you going back, sir? | 您会回去吗 长官 |
[25:09] | Back? No, I’ve been redeployed stateside. | 不 我被调回本土了 |
[25:11] | I heard Fallujah was pretty hairy. | 听说费卢杰很恐怖 |
[25:14] | As you were, Corporal. | 你也一样 下士 |
[25:49] | No. No work. | 别接 别管工作了 |
[25:50] | Yeah, it’s Will. | 我是威尔 |
[25:51] | Hi. Sorry to call so late. | 喂 抱歉这么晚打给你 |
[25:53] | Uh, there’s something you might use tomorrow. | 有些资料你明天可能用得上 |
[25:55] | Can’t you do this tomorrow? | 不能明天再办公吗 |
[25:59] | Oh, Will, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 威尔 |
[26:01] | I-I’ll phone back. | 我会再打来的 |
[26:02] | No, no. That’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[26:08] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[26:09] | Um, well, this is what the CID deemed irrelevant. | 这些被陆军刑侦部视为无关的证据 |
[26:12] | I, uh… | 我… |
[26:13] | Three pairs of fingerprints found at the crime scene. | 里面有案发现场发现的3套指纹 |
[26:16] | We found matches for all of them in the military database. | 我们在军方数据库里全都找到了对应的人 |
[26:19] | Three crime scene fingerprints that matched military personnel. | 案发现场的3套指纹全是军人的 |
[26:23] | Three new suspects? Good. | 3个新的嫌疑人? 很好 |
[26:24] | We’ll work up subpoenas. | 我们会想法让法院发传票 |
[26:29] | Thanks, Alicia. | 多谢 艾丽西娅 |
[26:31] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[26:48] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[26:57] | What do you know about Derrick Bond? | 你对德里克·邦德有什么了解 |
[27:04] | What do I know? | 我知道什么 |
[27:05] | Well, I did the due diligence. | 我做过调查 |
[27:08] | Everything I found, you have. | 调查结果都告诉你了 |
[27:12] | What about Derrick Bond and Will? | 那么德里克和威尔的关系呢 |
[27:15] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[27:16] | As far as I knew, there was no connection between them. | 据我所知 他们以前并不认识 |
[27:21] | I was the connection to Derrick. | 德里克是我找到的 |
[27:24] | You’re suggesting there’s a link that you don’t know about. | 你是说 他们之间有你不知道的关系 |
[27:28] | I’m suggesting I’d like to be disabused of that notion. | 我只是想打消这个疑虑 |
[27:35] | Then, I’ll get to disabusing. | 那么 这事交给我了 |
[27:39] | Three sets of fingerprints, Your Honor– | 3套指纹 法官阁下 |
[27:40] | his unit leader Captain Gerald Gauthier, | 他分队的领导戈捷 |
[27:42] | Private Luis Suarez and Corporal Bradley Vernik. | 列兵苏亚雷斯 伯尼克下士 |
[27:45] | There were dozens of prints at the defendant’s home, | 被告家里曾有很多指纹 |
[27:48] | most of them unidentified. | 大多数无法识别 |
[27:49] | But these were identified, Your Honor, | 但这些是可识别的 法官阁下 |
[27:51] | and they weren’t part of the discovery in state court | 州法院没涉及这些 |
[27:53] | because the prints aren’t in Chicago PD’s database– | 是因为芝加哥警局的数据库里找不到 |
[27:54] | only the military database– so we’ve never seen them before. | 只有军方数据库才有 所以我们以前没查到 |
[27:58] | Your Honor, we’ll stipulate these men spent time at his home. | 我方承认 这些人曾在他家中滞留过 |
[28:01] | Corporal Vernik has a military record, Your Honor– | 伯尼克下士有军方案底 法官阁下 |
[28:03] | an assault charge against an ex-girlfriend. | 他曾袭击过一名前女友 |
[28:05] | No official complaint was ever pursued. | 但并没有正式起诉 |
[28:07] | The complaint was withdrawn. | 那只是撤诉了而已 |
[28:08] | And you know this how, Mr. Gardner? | 你是如何知道的 加德纳先生 |
[28:10] | It’s in the military investigator’s notes, | 根据军方侦查员的笔记得知的 |
[28:13] | Your Honor, which also refer to phone records | 而且上面还记录了 |
[28:15] | indicating repeated calls | 被告家与伯尼克家之间的 |
[28:16] | between the defendant’s home and Corporal Vernik’s home. | 多次电话往来记录 |
[28:18] | Your Honor, if defense counsel is insinuating something… | 法官阁下 如果被告律师想要暗示什么的话 |
[28:21] | Oh, I’m… I’m doing more than that. | 我要做的可不止是暗示 |
[28:23] | The prosecution’s theory is that my client | 控方认为 |
[28:24] | killed his wife because she was sleeping with someone else. | 我的当事人因为妻子有外遇而杀死了她 |
[28:27] | I submit that someone else was Corporal Vernik, | 我认为那个外遇对象就是伯尼克下士 |
[28:29] | in which case he’s a prime suspect | 而他应为首要嫌疑人 |
[28:30] | and we need to call him as a witness. | 而且应该传唤他出庭作证 |
[28:32] | Your Honor, I’m afraid that’s impossible. | 恐怕这不可能 法官阁下 |
[28:34] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[28:35] | Corporal Vernik was killed three months ago in the Marjeh offensive. | 伯尼克下士3个月前在进攻玛沙时阵亡了 |
[28:43] | Well, then, in which case we ask to call the other two– | 那么我们要求传唤另外2人 |
[28:47] | Private Suarez and Captain Gauthier. | 列兵苏亚雷斯和戈捷上尉 |
[28:49] | They’re also in Afghanistan. | 他们也在阿富汗 |
[28:50] | We can videoconference them. | 我们可以进行视频质询 |
[28:52] | We can videoconference them. | 我们可以进行视频质询 |
[28:55] | I’m not calling soldiers away from active duty overseas. | 我不会占用正在海外服役的士兵的时间 |
[28:58] | Not for a fishing expedition. | 因为你要求质询的根据不足 |
[29:00] | Well, then, we ask for a continuance | 那么我们要求延期再审 |
[29:01] | until their testimony can be obtained. | 延至可以获取他们的证词之后 |
[29:03] | Denied. | 驳回 |
[29:04] | I already told you, Mr. Gardner. | 我已经说过了 陪审团时间宝贵 |
[29:06] | Now, do you have anything else? | 你还有其它要求吗 |
[29:18] | I move that you recuse yourself from this trial immediately. | 我现在要求你立即回避本案审理 |
[29:21] | Excuse me, Mr. Gardner? | 你再说一遍 加德纳先生 |
[29:24] | I don’t know if it’s because you don’t like civilian lawyers, | 我不知道是因为你不喜欢平民律师 |
[29:27] | or something psychological… | 还是有什么心理问题 |
[29:28] | Mr. Gardner… | 加德纳先生 |
[29:29] | But I-I’m starting to see why all those Guantanamo prosecutors resigned. | 但我明白那些关塔纳摩检察官辞职的原因了 |
[29:33] | The system is rigged against the defendant. | 军事法庭就是以欺骗手段打压被告的 |
[29:35] | Uh, Your Honor, if I could just… | 法官阁下 请允许我… |
[29:36] | You’re in contempt, Mr. Gardner. | 你是在藐视法庭 加德纳先生 |
[29:38] | Another word, I’ll have you removed for the duration of the trial. | 就是说 我要剥夺你继续参加庭审的资格 |
[29:41] | You’ve already removed me for the duration of the trial. | 我自己也不准备继续参加庭审了 |
[29:45] | That’s it. Bailiff, take Mr. Gardner to the ICF. | 够了 法警 对加德纳先生采取强制措施 |
[29:48] | Your Honor, the defense calls for a continuance. | 法官阁下 辩方要求延期审理 |
[29:50] | I said no continuances. | 我说了不允许延期 |
[29:51] | Yes, Your Honor, but that was before you removed our counsel of record. | 没错 但那是在您驱逐我方律师之前 |
[29:55] | Uh, pursuant to the rule 866.2 of the Military Code, | 根据军法典第866条第2款 |
[29:59] | when the judge orders a change of counsel, | 当法官裁定更换律师时 |
[30:02] | the defense is entitled to a continuance. | 辩方有权获得延期 |
[30:05] | There are two of you. | 你们还有2个人 |
[30:06] | Neither myself or Lieutenant Hicks are, um, listed | 我本人以及希克斯中尉 |
[30:10] | on a-any pleadings, Your Honor. | 都没有列在名单上 法官阁下 |
[30:12] | Um, the rule is very clear. | 规定非常明确 |
[30:15] | Only listed counsel qualify. | 只有名单上的律师有资格 |
[30:19] | Hell of a way to get a continuance, Mr. Gardner. | 这个请求延期的办法真够绝的 加德纳先生 |
[30:23] | You have 24 hours. | 延期24小时 |
[30:36] | So Hicks has a Silver Star? | 希克斯获得了银星勋章? |
[30:38] | Apparently, he single-handedly fought a convoy of insurgents in Fallujah. | 他似乎是在费卢杰单枪匹马勇战一伙叛乱分子 |
[30:43] | Saved 20 men. | 救了20个人 |
[30:46] | I… I don’t know what to say about that. | 我真不知道该说什么了 |
[30:49] | Well, don’t say anything. | 什么都别说 |
[30:51] | It embarrasses him. | 他很不好意思提及此事 |
[30:52] | Oh, now he’s just making me feel inadequate. | 现在他真让我自愧不如了 |
[30:54] | I spring for someone’s valet parking, | 上次我帮一个人付了停车费 |
[30:56] | I brag about it for a week. | 这点事情我吹嘘了一个星期呢 |
[30:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[31:00] | You are now officially counsel of record. | 好了 现在你正式成为辩方律师了 |
[31:09] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:12] | I just thought I was done visiting men in prison. | 我本以为这辈子再也不用探监了呢 |
[31:20] | But I let my client go. | 但我已经放弃了我的客户 |
[31:21] | I know, but, uh, Lou Dobbs still fired us. | 我知道 但多布斯还是解雇了我们 |
[31:24] | He apparently | 看来 |
[31:25] | doesn’t believe the partners have his best interests at heart. | 他不认为咱律所的合伙人会全心全意为他服务 |
[31:28] | The partners? | 合伙人? |
[31:29] | Me, you mean? | 是指我吗 |
[31:32] | He left the door open. | 他还没做决定 |
[31:33] | I convinced him to hear from you or Will that you’re on board. | 我已说服他来听听你或者威尔的决心 |
[31:36] | Will is in the brig. | 威尔还被关着呢 |
[31:37] | Don’t ask. | 别问为什么 |
[31:39] | Is tomorrow good for you? | 你明天可以吗 |
[31:41] | To convince Lou Dobbs that I have his best interests at heart? | 让多布斯相信我会全心全意为他服务? |
[31:47] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[31:49] | Tell Lou I’ll be right over. | 告诉多布斯我随时候命 |
[31:58] | Your suspect, Corporal Vernik, the one who died in Afghanistan. | 那个嫌疑人 伯尼克下士 阿富汗战死的那个 |
[32:02] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[32:03] | His death benefits are being paid to his girlfriend. | 是他的女朋友在领抚恤金 |
[32:06] | Uh, Daria Joyce. | 她叫达莉亚·乔伊斯 |
[32:07] | That’s the address. | 这是地址 |
[32:12] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[32:16] | Brad never cheated on me– not once. | 伯尼克从没背叛过我 一次都没有 |
[32:18] | Ms. Joyce, we’re very sorry for your loss. | 乔伊斯小姐 我们真的很同情你 |
[32:20] | But we have phone records showing | 但是通话记录表明 |
[32:22] | that Corporal Bradley Vernik phoned the victim. | 伯尼克下士给死者打过电话 |
[32:24] | Those calls were from me. | 是我打的 |
[32:25] | Judith and I were friends. | 茱迪思生前和我是朋友 |
[32:27] | Until your client killed her. | 直到你的当事人杀了她 |
[32:28] | But why would he do that if she wasn’t cheating on him? | 但如果她没有外遇 他为什么要杀她呢 |
[32:32] | I never said she wasn’t sleeping with someone. | 我没说她没和别人上床 |
[32:33] | I said it wasn’t Brad. | 我只说那不是伯尼克 |
[32:37] | Ms. Joyce, if you know something and could shed some light on this… | 如果你可以说出你所知道的情况… |
[32:41] | Why would I tell you? | 我为什么要告诉你 |
[32:42] | Because, otherwise, Corporal Bradley Vernik is the only name we have, | 不然的话 伯尼克便是我们唯一的线索 |
[32:45] | and it’s the name we’ll use. | 我们就会利用他 |
[32:46] | We’ll say he cheated on you and he killed the girl. | 我们会说 他背叛你并杀了那个女孩 |
[32:51] | Those are lies. | 这都是谎言 |
[32:52] | Then, tell us who Judith had a relationship with. | 那就告诉我们茱迪思和谁上床了 |
[32:55] | She was trying to save her husband. | 她不过是想救她丈夫 |
[32:57] | Save him how? | 怎么回事 |
[33:01] | The C.O. of their unit– Gauthier– | 他们分队的指挥官戈捷 |
[33:07] | he said he could pull some strings, keep Randall off the deployment list. | 他说他有办法让西蒙斯免于被派遣 |
[33:11] | But there was a price for it. | 但需要付出代价 |
[33:17] | And Judith believed him? | 然后茱迪思相信了他 |
[33:19] | She was so desperate to keep Randall home, | 她太想把西蒙斯留在家里了 |
[33:20] | she’d have believed anything. | 说什么她都会信 |
[33:21] | Ms. Joyce, I need you to tell this to the court. | 乔伊斯小姐 你得把这事告诉法庭 |
[33:26] | No. Absolutely not. | 不 我绝不会说的 |
[33:28] | – Well, we can subpoena you if we have to. – I’ll lie. | -那必要的话我们就传唤你 -那我就撒谎 |
[33:31] | And the Army will let me. | 军方也不会管 |
[33:32] | You think they want their dirty laundry aired in public? | 难道他们愿意这些龌龊事被公之于众吗 |
[33:34] | I think a man is on trial for his life. | 有个男人正面临死刑的威胁 |
[33:36] | Your client killed his wife, Mrs. Florrick. | 你的当事人杀了他妻子 福瑞克太太 |
[33:39] | He was jealous of her sleeping with another man. | 她出轨的事令他妒火中烧 |
[33:43] | And the sad thing is, she was just trying to keep him home. | 可悲的是 她这样做不过是为了把他留在家里 |
[33:53] | Let me. | 让我来 |
[34:01] | How do you know him? | 你怎么认识他的 |
[34:02] | Glenn Jr? | 小格伦? |
[34:04] | Drama camp. | 戏剧夏令营 |
[34:05] | He was a real jerk. | 他真是个蠢蛋 |
[34:07] | That’s how I got these pictures. | 所以我拿到了这些照片 |
[34:10] | So, what, you’re hacking his account? | 怎么 你在黑他的帐号? |
[34:12] | No. He doesn’t have one. | 不 他压根没有帐号 |
[34:14] | I’m creating it. | 我正注册呢 |
[34:18] | There. Meet Glenn Childs Jr. | 来 会会格伦·查尔兹公子吧 |
[34:21] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[34:22] | I just did. What is he into? | 已经做了 他喜欢什么 |
[34:24] | What are his, uh, personal interests? | 他对什么感兴趣呢 |
[34:26] | American Idol? | 美国偶像? |
[34:27] | Miley Cyrus. | 麦莉·赛勒斯 |
[34:29] | The Jonas Brothers. | 乔纳斯兄弟 |
[34:31] | We should have him say something about his dad. Something bad. | 我们得让他谈谈他父亲 能带来负面影响的 |
[34:39] | We’re not really doing this. | 我们不要真这么干吧 |
[34:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[34:43] | I mean, this is all just fun, right? | 我们只是逗着玩的 对吧 |
[34:45] | We’re not really doing this. | 我们不要真这么干 |
[34:50] | Well, they really did this… | 他们可是来真的 |
[35:04] | So, everybody gets one of those. | 看来这东西是人手一个啊 |
[35:08] | Oh, for the firm, yes. | 哦 是的 公司的要求 |
[35:09] | We’re trying to go paperless. | 我们在向无纸化努力 |
[35:11] | At JAG, we’re trying to go paper. | 在军法署 我们在向白纸黑字努力 |
[35:17] | You like the military? | 你喜欢军队吗 |
[35:20] | There’s no other life. | 这是我人生的全部 |
[35:23] | Wait. Look at this draft witness list. | 等等 看看这个草拟的证人名单 |
[35:28] | Cary’s writing again. | 又是凯里写的 |
[35:29] | He wrote “No” Next to Daria Joyce’s initials. | 他在乔伊斯的名字旁边写了”否” |
[35:32] | He knew not to call her to the stand | 他知道不能叫她出庭作证 |
[35:34] | because he already interviewed her. | 定是因为他已经跟她谈过了 |
[35:36] | His testimony is hearsay. | 他的证词只是传闻证据 |
[35:38] | Daria will just refute it. | 乔伊斯会矢口否认 |
[35:40] | Right. | 对 |
[35:44] | Ms. Joyce, did the victim ever confide in you | 乔伊斯小姐 被害人是否向您透露过 |
[35:47] | that she was sleeping with someone other than her husband? | 她和她丈夫以外的其他人上过床 |
[35:49] | No, she did not. | 没有 没说过 |
[35:54] | Nothing further. | 没有别的问题了 |
[35:55] | The Defense calls Cary Agos. | 辩方提请凯里·艾格斯作证 |
[35:57] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[35:59] | Mr. Agos is not on the defense witness list. | 艾格斯先生不在证人名单上 |
[36:01] | Rule 607 of the Rules for Court-Martial, Your Honor. | 根据军事法庭规则第607条 |
[36:04] | He doesn’t have to be if I’m calling him as an impeachment witness. | 为质疑证人A之可信性时 证人B不必在名单上 |
[36:08] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[36:12] | Mr. Agos… first of all, hello. | 艾格斯先生 首先说声 你好 |
[36:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[36:16] | You persecuted Mr. S… excuse me– | 你曾迫害… 抱歉 |
[36:20] | prosecuted Mr. Simmons for the murder of his wife in state court? | 你曾在州法院指控西蒙斯先生杀妻? |
[36:23] | I did. You were there. You remember that? | 是的 当时你也在 还记得吧 |
[36:25] | I do. | 记得 |
[36:27] | And when you couldn’t convict him, | 但陪审团裁决他无罪 |
[36:29] | you convinced Captain Melinda Gossett to try him in military court. | 于是你说服戈塞特上尉在军事法庭控诉他 |
[36:32] | Objection. | 反对 |
[36:33] | Sustained. Mrs. Florrick. | 反对有效 福瑞克太太 |
[36:37] | Mr. Agos, | 艾格斯先生 |
[36:39] | did you personally interview Ms. Joyce just prior to this trial commencing? | 在审判开始前 你是否访谈过乔伊斯小姐 |
[36:49] | I did. | 有过 |
[36:52] | And did she convey to you her suspicions | 她是否向你表达过 她怀疑 |
[36:55] | that the victim had been sleeping with someone other than her husband? | 被害人和她丈夫以外的人保持着关系 |
[37:01] | Ms. Joyce told me that she believed | 乔伊斯小姐告诉我 她认为 |
[37:05] | Mrs. Simmons had been sleeping with the defendant’s commanding officer. | 西蒙斯太太与西蒙斯的指挥官保持着关系 |
[37:10] | And that would be Captain Gauthier? | 那个指挥官 是戈捷上尉吗 |
[37:11] | That’s right. | 对 |
[37:12] | Your Honor, I have to object here on grounds of relevance. | 法官阁下 反对 这与本案无关 |
[37:16] | Overruled. Please continue, Mrs. Florrick. | 驳回 请继续 福瑞克太太 |
[37:19] | And did she believe there were reasons for this sexual activity? | 她是否认为这段性关系事出有因 |
[37:24] | Captain Gauthier had told her | 戈捷上尉告诉她 |
[37:27] | he could keep the defendant from being deployed, in exchange for sex. | 他能让被告免于派遣 条件是陪他上床 |
[37:38] | Your Honor, based on Mr. Agos’s testimony, | 法官阁下 基于艾格斯先生的证词 |
[37:42] | we ask that we be allowed | 我方提请 |
[37:44] | to question Captain Gauthier overseas via teleconference. | 视频质询正在海外服役的戈捷上尉 |
[37:48] | Objection. | 反对 |
[37:50] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[38:01] | You swear you tell the truth? | 你发誓如实作证吗? |
[38:02] | The whole truth and nothing but the truth? So help you God. | 所有事实 绝无虚言? 请让上帝帮助你 |
[38:06] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[38:07] | So you were at the bar that night with Specialist Simmons? | 那天晚上 你和技术兵西蒙斯一起在酒吧? |
[38:10] | Yes, ma’am. I left at 2300 hours, | 是的 女士 我23点左右离开的 |
[38:13] | and drove Corporal Vernik and Private Suarez back to the base. | 然后开车把伯尼克和苏亚雷斯送回了基地 |
[38:17] | And then, where did you go, Captain? | 然后你去了哪里 上尉 |
[38:19] | I went home. | 我回家了 |
[38:20] | So you didn’t make a stop at the home of the defendant? | 你没有去被告家逗留一下吗 |
[38:24] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 我没去 |
[38:25] | Because Mrs. Simmons threatened you, didn’t she, Captain? | 是因为西蒙斯太太威胁了你 是吗 上尉 |
[38:28] | She was going to tell her husband that you’d extorted sexual favors from her. | 她准备告诉丈夫 你敲诈她上了床 |
[38:32] | No. | 没有 |
[38:34] | You told her that you could keep her husband from being deployed. | 你告诉她你能使她丈夫免于被派遣 |
[38:37] | No. I don’t have that authority. | 我没有那样的权力 |
[38:40] | But she didn’t know that, did she? | 但她不知道这一点 是吗 |
[38:42] | And when you didn’t make good on your promise, | 当你未能兑现承诺时 |
[38:44] | she threatened you, and you went to her home. | 她威胁了你 然后你去了她家 |
[38:47] | I… | 我… |
[38:48] | You went to her home, and you stabbed her 38 times. | 你去了她家里 捅了她38刀 |
[38:55] | Captain Gauthier, this is Colonel Leora Kuhn, acting judge. | 戈捷上尉 我是代理法官库恩上校 |
[39:00] | Do you require counsel, Captain? | 你需要律师吗 上尉 |
[39:05] | Counsel? | 律师? |
[39:09] | I want… | 我要… |
[39:12] | Captain Gauthier? | 戈捷上尉 |
[39:18] | Captain? | 上尉 |
[39:23] | So you’re saying you can set aside your personal political convictions | 你是说 当你做我的代理人时 |
[39:27] | when it comes to representing me and my interests? | 你能把你个人的政治信念放到一边? |
[39:32] | Truthfully, I can never put aside my personal political convictions. | 说实话 我永远不会把我的政治信念放到一边 |
[39:36] | What I’m saying is they won’t be an issue. | 我只是说 这不会成为问题 |
[39:38] | If I can represent murderers when I think they’re guilty, | 既然我能做我认为有罪的杀人犯的律师 |
[39:42] | I can represent you. | 我也能做你的律师 |
[39:43] | Well, that’s damn decent of you. | 你可真是正派 |
[39:45] | A real vote of confidence. | 我投你一个信任票 |
[39:47] | Why do I get the feeling that Derrick Bond put you up to this? | 我怎么觉得是德里克安排你安抚我的 |
[39:49] | Well, he did, | 的确如此 |
[39:50] | but I would have turned him down if I didn’t believe it. | 但如果我认为我们无法合作 我不会答应他 |
[39:53] | You come back with Derrick as your lawyer, | 你回来 让德里克担任你的律师 |
[39:56] | and we will not have a problem. You have my word on that. | 我们不会有问题的 我保证 |
[40:06] | I’ll come back. | 我会回来 |
[40:08] | But I don’t want Derrick as my attorney. | 不过我不要德里克做我的律师 |
[40:10] | I want you. | 你来做 |
[40:11] | Me? | 我? |
[40:13] | No. | 不是吧 |
[40:14] | You’ve been more up-front with me in the past 25 minutes | 在过去的25分钟里 你对我的坦率程度 |
[40:17] | than any attorney I’ve dealt with. | 超过任何我打过交道的律师 |
[40:19] | And I like the fact you won’t betray your convictions. | 我也很欣赏你不会背叛自己的政治信念 |
[40:26] | Think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[40:42] | In the matter of The United States v. Specialist Randall Simmons, | 关于美利坚合众国根据统一军法典第118条 |
[40:46] | on the charge of murder under Section 118 | 以谋杀罪名 |
[40:48] | of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, | 诉技术兵西蒙斯一案 |
[40:51] | we the panel find the defendant… | 我们全体陪审员裁定被告… |
[40:55] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[41:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:21] | Dad, I’m free. | 爸爸 我自由了 |
[41:45] | Hey, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[41:48] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[41:49] | He didn’t do it, Cary. | 他不是凶手 凯里 |
[41:52] | Captain Gauthier went AWOL. | 戈捷上尉潜逃了 |
[41:53] | There’s your suspect. | 他才是你的嫌疑人 |
[41:55] | You know, your client, now that he’s been found not guilty, | 知道吗 你的当事人 由于被判无罪 |
[41:57] | it frees him up to serve out his commitment. | 他可以去履行他的职责了 |
[41:59] | His… | 他的… |
[42:01] | His tour of duty. | 他的海外服役职责 |
[42:02] | They’re deploying him to Afghanistan. | 他们要派他去阿富汗 |
[42:22] | Yes? | 请进 |
[42:26] | You wanted me to look into Bond and Will, | 你要我查一下邦德和威尔 |
[42:29] | see if there was any previous connection. | 看他们之前有没有联系 |
[42:31] | Oh, yes. Don’t worry about it. | 是的 没事了 |
[42:32] | It’s just the old boy’s network reasserting itself, that’s all. | 不过是校友关系网的作用 仅此而已 |
[42:35] | So you don’t want to know what I found out? | 你不想知道我查到了什么吗 |