时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | You never know what’s going to happen. | 人生真是难以预测 |
[00:07] | You’re just out living your life. | 你稀松平常地走在街上 |
[00:11] | Then, out of the blue, no warning. | 突然间 毫无征兆 |
[00:16] | How many seconds do you have? | 你的人生就要走到终点了 |
[00:21] | And everybody scatters. | 然后大家都跑散了 |
[00:24] | Where did you get this? | 你在哪儿搞到这个的 |
[00:26] | They’re much sharper than what they gave us in discovery. | 这比他们提供给我们的录影清晰得多 |
[00:28] | Cops make a dupe of a dupe of a dupe just to mess with you. | 警察给你副本的副本的副本 就为搅和你 |
[00:37] | You can’t go ten feet in America | 美国的电子眼无处不在 |
[00:39] | without having your death recorded. | 死前走3米 就不怕探头拍不到你怎么死的 |
[00:43] | Boom. | 嘭 |
[00:44] | Where’d you get it? | 你怎么搞到这个的 |
[00:46] | Northbrook Evidence. | 北溪警局证据科 |
[00:47] | How? | 怎么搞到的 |
[00:48] | We’ve been asking them for weeks. | 我们都申请好几周了 |
[00:50] | You don’t really want to know. | 你还是别知道的好 |
[00:54] | You’re a friend of Leela’s? | 你是利拉的朋友? |
[00:56] | I’m– who? | 你说谁 |
[00:57] | Um, sorry, Kalinda’s. | 抱歉 我是指凯琳达 |
[01:00] | Yeah, why? | 我们是朋友 怎么了 |
[01:02] | Just curious. | 好奇而已 |
[01:03] | She doesn’t seem to have a lot of friends. | 她似乎朋友不多 |
[01:06] | Don’t put me in the middle of your thing. | 别把我卷进你的事 |
[01:09] | My thing? What’s that? | 我的事? 啥事 |
[01:11] | I have no idea, but whatever games you’re playing, | 我不清楚 天知道你在跟凯琳达搞什么名堂 |
[01:13] | you play with her. I’m too busy, okay? | 但我很忙 别牵扯我 行不 |
[01:17] | Okay. | 行 |
[01:26] | You’ll cue up the deaths? | 你来准备好播放遇害录像? |
[01:28] | I will cue up the deaths. | 我来准备好播放遇害录像 |
[01:33] | My dad didn’t do it. | 不是我爸干的 |
[01:34] | He didn’t shoot these people? | 不是他枪杀的这些人? |
[01:36] | He had the same rifle. | 他有一把一样的枪 |
[01:38] | He had no alibi for the time of the three shootings. | 3次枪击案 他都没有不在场证明 |
[01:41] | He had the motive. | 而且他有作案动机 |
[01:42] | He didn’t have the motive. | 他没有作案动机 |
[01:43] | Yes, he did, Mr. Stevens. | 有的 史蒂文斯先生 |
[01:44] | He killed two random people, | 他先是随便杀了2个人 |
[01:46] | these two people– | 就是这俩人 |
[01:48] | two people he didn’t even know– | 他甚至不认识这俩人 |
[01:50] | so he could kill his wife and make it look like a random sniper shooting. | 他制造了无目的随意杀人的假象 然后杀妻 |
[01:53] | Do you know how crazy that sounds? | 这太荒谬了 |
[01:54] | That doesn’t s doesn’t sound crazy to me. | 我觉得一点都不荒谬 |
[01:56] | That sounds like the perfect murder. | 相反 这是完美的谋杀手段 |
[01:57] | My dad wouldn’t hurt a fly. | 我爸连个苍蝇都不打 |
[01:59] | He was a marksman in the Army. | 他当年可是军队神枪手 |
[02:01] | But he never shot anybody. | 但他枪口从不对人 |
[02:02] | Then why would your mother take out a restraining order against him? | 那你妈为何让法院下令 禁止丈夫接近她呢? |
[02:04] | They were going through some troubles, that’s all. | 他们有些矛盾 仅此而已 |
[02:07] | They were thinking of reuniting. | 但他们又想和好了 |
[02:08] | No, there’s no proof of that. | 这些没有证据 |
[02:10] | My dad didn’t do this. | 不是我爸干的 |
[02:12] | He couldn’t do this. | 他不可能这么干 |
[02:13] | And the state’s attorney hounded him, | 州检察官对他进行迫害 |
[02:15] | they persecuted him, and they never proved a thing. | 但一点证据都拿不出来 |
[02:17] | No, they never convicted him. | 他只是还没被定罪而已 |
[02:19] | They never proved a thing! | 他们一点证据都拿不出来 |
[02:21] | That trial killed him. | 那次审判杀死了我爸 |
[02:23] | He was 50 years old. He died of a heart attack. | 他才50岁 就死于突发心脏病 |
[02:27] | He died 30 years too early. | 他少活了30年 |
[02:29] | And now u’re looking for somebody else to blame? | 你想把这个怪到别人头上? |
[02:31] | Yes. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be blamed. | 对 而且就是他们的责任 |
[02:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:40] | Why don’t we take a break. | 休息一下吧 |
[02:43] | Good job, Wyatt. | 说得好 怀亚特 |
[02:45] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:47] | – Yeah. Will the questioning be that tough? – Tougher. | -我没事 审前盘问会这么刁钻吗 -只会更刁钻 |
[02:49] | In a deposition, they hit you hard, try to scare you off a suit. | 他们会试图通过审前盘问吓你放弃起诉 |
[02:52] | Just do what you did. | 你就像刚才那样就行 |
[02:53] | We just need a minute, Wyatt. | 让我们单独谈下 怀亚特 |
[02:55] | Was I too emotional? | 我太激动了吗 |
[02:56] | No, not for a deposition. | 不 审前盘问可以这样 |
[03:01] | It’s a difficult one– malicious prosecution. | 这案子很棘手 要证明州检察官恶意起诉 |
[03:04] | You have to prove not only there was a rush to judgment, | 不仅要证明他们草率决断 |
[03:07] | but his father was innocent. | 还要证明他爸确实无辜 |
[03:08] | Where’s his head on this? | 他的想法是什么 |
[03:10] | He’s mourning. | 他还在哀恸之中 |
[03:11] | His mother was murdered. | 他母亲被人杀害 |
[03:12] | His father spent the last year in jail. | 他父亲最后一年在监狱度过 |
[03:15] | He wants prosecutors to clear his name. | 他想让检察官给父亲昭雪 |
[03:16] | They won’t do that. | 他们不会干的 |
[03:18] | They may give him a few dollars. | 可能给他些钱了事 |
[03:20] | Will he take a few dollars? | 给钱他能接受吗 |
[03:21] | I can talk to him. | 我可以跟他谈谈 |
[03:22] | That seems to be your specialty here: lowering the clients’ expectations. | 降低客户期望值 似乎是你专长呢 |
[03:27] | Inspiring work. | 真是激动人心的工种呵 |
[03:30] | Okay, we’ll meet with the esteemed state’s attorney, | 我们去会会尊敬的州检察官大人 |
[03:33] | see what kind of settlement we can shake loose. | 看能达成什么妥协不 |
[03:36] | Please note that a sub-N plus two equals A sub-N plus one, plus one. | 请注意 a_=a_+1 |
[03:44] | And we have a homogeneous recurrence. | 于是形成齐次递推 |
[03:46] | And there you go, easy as pie. | 就这样 很简单吧 |
[03:50] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[03:51] | No. Okay, well, my work here is done. | 没有 好 我收工了 |
[03:54] | Why the University of Oregon? | 为什么在俄勒冈大学呢 |
[03:56] | Uh, why am I teaching at the University of Oregon | 你是问 我为何在俄勒冈大学教书 |
[03:59] | and not here at my alma mater? | 而不是在母校? |
[04:00] | Clearly, you’ve never spent a winter in Chicago. | 你显然没在芝加哥过过冬哈 |
[04:04] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[04:04] | I, um, I like the West Coast. | 我喜欢西海岸 |
[04:07] | I get to wear these. | 你们看我这鞋 |
[04:10] | Uh, any questions about the formula? | 对这算式还有问题吗 |
[04:13] | Uh, Professor Cavanaugh, I have to ask. | 卡瓦诺教授 我得问个问题 |
[04:15] | Uh, Alicia Florrick is your sister, right? | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克是你姐姐 对吗 |
[04:18] | Right. | 对的 |
[04:19] | Uh, so do you see her much? | 你常来看她吗 |
[04:22] | Anyway, a sub-n plus two… | 话说 a_… |
[04:25] | Uh, well, now, uh, I see you’ve got your cell phone there. | 好了 我看你举着手机呢 |
[04:29] | This-this isn’t gonna end up on YouTube, is it? | 我的回答不会被你发到YouTube吧? |
[04:31] | No. I’m just recording for my studies. | 我是为学习而录像 |
[04:34] | Fair enough. | 没问题 |
[04:35] | I love my sister. | 我爱我姐姐 |
[04:37] | I love my sister more than I love the golden ratio, which is– it’s a lot. | 我爱我姐姐胜过黄金比率 我很爱她 |
[04:42] | Uh, you will not find a finer human being on the face of the earth. | 这世界上再也没有比我姐姐更好的人 |
[04:46] | But, uh, no, I-I don’t see her much. | 不过 我不经常看她 |
[04:48] | Is it because of the scandal? | 是因为丑闻吗 |
[04:50] | No. | 不 |
[04:51] | I think it’s because her husband is uncomfortable that I’m gay. | 我觉得是因为 她丈夫不接受我是同性恋 |
[04:55] | No, I like Peter. | 不 我喜欢彼得 |
[04:56] | He’s a great guy, except for that sleeping with hookers thing. | 他人很好 除了嫖妓这件事 |
[05:00] | Uh, but, for me, uh, homophobia is a stumbling block, you know. | 他对同性恋的反感是我们之间的障碍 |
[05:05] | Call me crazy. | 就当我有病吧 |
[05:07] | Nora! | 诺拉 |
[05:09] | The impulse toward community service | 人们对社区服务的热情 |
[05:11] | has taken a backseat to economic and job concerns. | 受到了经济和就业形势的影响 |
[05:16] | But service is the key. | 社区服务非常重要 |
[05:18] | Chicago needs that idealism, Chicago needs… | 芝加哥需要这种理想主义 需要… |
[05:21] | That should’ve been on my desk this morning. | 那些应该今早就给我的 |
[05:22] | What is he talking about? | 他在说什么 |
[05:23] | …needs that energy now more than ever. | …比以往任何时候都更需要这种活力 |
[05:26] | I want to thank you, 100 Black Men of Chicago, | 我要感谢你们 “芝加哥一百黑人” |
[05:32] | because you have made service popular again. | 是你们重新唤醒了人们对社区服务的热情 |
[05:34] | And for that I applaud all of you. | 为此 我为你们鼓掌 |
[05:40] | Well, then don’t bother me about it again. Okay? | 别再为这个烦我 好不 |
[05:43] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -嗯 |
[05:45] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[05:46] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[05:47] | Something. Just hold on. | 有点事 等等 |
[05:48] | Look, I got to go. | 我得挂了 |
[05:49] | No, do it yourself! | 不 你自己干 |
[05:51] | Peter, I need you to be honest with me. | 彼得 你跟我说实话 |
[05:53] | Do you have a problem with gay people? | 你对同性恋人群有意见不 |
[05:54] | Do I have a problem with– | 我对… |
[05:55] | What are you, what are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[05:57] | Are you uncomfortable with them? | 你能接受他们吗 |
[05:59] | Oh, Eli, look, I couldn’t care less if you’re gay. | 伊莱 你如果是同性恋也完全没问题 |
[06:01] | Oh, my God, Peter. | 我的天哪 |
[06:02] | I’m not gay, it’s your brother-in-law. | 我不是同性恋 但你小舅子是 |
[06:03] | And he thinks you’re a homophobe. | 他觉得你讨厌同性恋 |
[06:05] | Owen? | 欧文? |
[06:06] | He’s visiting lecturer at DePaul University, | 他来德保尔大学客座讲学 |
[06:08] | and he said he hadn’t visited his sister in a while | 他说他很久没看望过姐姐 |
[06:11] | because you’re homophobic. | 因为你讨厌同性恋 |
[06:14] | Oh, you find this amusing? | 你觉得这很好笑? |
[06:15] | No, no. It’s Owen; he talks. He’s… | 不不 欧文嘛 他是个大嘴巴 他这人… |
[06:18] | Well, he can’t do that, Peter. | 他不能说这些啊 彼得 |
[06:21] | It’s on the Internet. | 视频传到网上了 |
[06:22] | The Chicago gay population is small, but it’s powerful. | 芝加哥的同性恋人数不多 但力量很大 |
[06:25] | It has money. | 他们有钱 |
[06:27] | Okay, I’ll talk to him. Calm down. | 好了 我跟欧文谈谈 你别着急 |
[06:30] | Thank you for coming. Thanks for listening. Thanks a lot. | 多谢光临 多谢多谢 |
[06:33] | Calm down, this is an easy one. | 别着急 这事好办 |
[06:34] | – Thank you. – Cut to. | -谢谢 -好办个头 |
[06:45] | It was a bad prosecution. | 你们这项指控很糟糕 |
[06:48] | You had the wrong man, you had the wrong facts, | 你们搞错了人 搞错了事实 |
[06:51] | and you drove an innocent man to his grave. | 活活逼死了一个无辜的人 |
[06:54] | Are we really using words like “Innocent”? | 他是”无辜”之人? |
[06:56] | What would you call Richard Jewell? | 理查德·朱厄尔是哪种人? |
[06:58] | Not charged. | 没被起诉之人 |
[07:00] | How much? | 开价多少 |
[07:02] | He had a heart attack. He died at 50. | 他犯了心脏病 50岁就死了 |
[07:05] | How much? | 开价多少 |
[07:25] | I think you’re underestimating our resolve. | 你恐怕低估了我们的决心 |
[07:26] | No, I just don’t think I’m gonna buckle to your political agenda. | 不 我绝不向你们的政治企图低头 |
[07:31] | When did Lockhart, Gardner & Bond | 你们律所 |
[07:32] | start carrying water for the Peter Florrick campaign? | 何时开始给福瑞克竞选做挑水工了? |
[07:35] | Oh, you’re reading this wrong, Glenn. | 哦 你理解错了 格伦 |
[07:37] | Am I, Diane? Really? | 是吗 戴安 |
[07:39] | Who’s running this case? | 这案子谁负责? |
[07:40] | Not in the front office. Who’s in the boiler room? | 我不是指台前 而是幕后的 |
[07:42] | – You want an itemized list? – I’ll tell you who. | -你想要一份详细清单? – 我来告诉你 |
[07:44] | Alicia Florrick– that’s who. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 是她负责此案 |
[07:46] | We’re not giving you a cent | 只要你们再为掩护福瑞克而打压我 |
[07:48] | as long as you’re running interference for the Florrick campaign. | 我们就一毛钱也不会出 |
[07:51] | Get out of my office. | 滚出去 |
[07:54] | We need to talk about this. | 我们得谈谈这事了 |
[07:55] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[07:59] | – I’m busy, Mr. Gold. – I’ll walk with you. | -我很忙 戈德先生 -边走边说 |
[08:01] | Sounds serious. | 听起来很严重 |
[08:03] | I’m about to lose $800,000 in soft money from the gay community, | 我快失去同性恋联盟的80万美元竞选赞助了 |
[08:06] | so, yes, it is serious. | 的确很严重 |
[08:07] | – How’d that happen? – Your brother. | -这是为什么 -你弟弟 |
[08:11] | He’s a visiting professor at DePaul University. | 他是德保尔大学的客座教授 |
[08:13] | I know. What did he do? | 我知道 他干什么了 |
[08:15] | He said he doesn’t visit much because Peter is homophobic. | 他说他不常来看你 因为彼得讨厌同性恋 |
[08:21] | Why is everyone finding that so funny? | 怎么大家都觉得这个很好笑? |
[08:23] | It’s just Owen. He just talks. | 欧文就这样 他是个大嘴巴 |
[08:26] | Okay, well, he needs to talk to someone and say he was joking. | 那他得出来跟人说 他本来是在开玩笑 |
[08:30] | Spencer Roth, a lobbyist… | 斯宾塞·罗思 一个政治说客… |
[08:33] | Hey, Will. How are you? | 威尔 你好吗 |
[08:35] | Good. Papers are upstairs. | 很好 文件在楼上 |
[08:38] | I’m on my way. | 我先走了 |
[08:43] | Peter’s campaign? | 彼得竞选的事? |
[08:44] | Always a source of amusement. | 这事总是笑料不断 |
[08:47] | Smart of you to stay out of the picture. | 你不去参与是明智的 |
[08:48] | It’s called survival. | 这叫求生之道 |
[08:50] | Look, about the sniper lawsuit, don’t take this the wrong way. | 关于狙击手的案子 你别会错意了 |
[08:56] | I’m sorry, that’s a bad way to start a conversation. | 不好意思 我这开场白真糟糕 |
[08:59] | The partners discussed it and… | 合伙人们讨论了一下 |
[09:01] | – They’re dropping it? – No, no. | -他们要放弃这案子? -不不 |
[09:02] | We’re going forward. We’re just running into some political complications. | 我们要继续 只不过遇到了一点政治上的麻烦 |
[09:09] | You want me to take a step back? | 你们希望我退出这案子? |
[09:10] | Just until we gain some traction in the negotiations. | 一旦我们在谈判中扳回一城 你就可以回来 |
[09:14] | They think this is about Peter’s campaign? | 他们认为这事跟彼得的竞选有关? |
[09:16] | Yes. We are going head-to-head against his opponent. | 是啊 我们面对的是他的竞选对手 |
[09:18] | We need to tread carefully. | 得小心行事 |
[09:22] | Look, I know this is your case. | 我知道这是你的案子 |
[09:25] | I know how hard you’ve worked on this. | 我知道你在上面花了多大功夫 |
[09:27] | No. No, I get it. It’s okay. | 不 我懂 没事的 |
[09:32] | – If it’s a win, it’s your win. – I know. | -如果赢了 就是你的功劳 -我知道 |
[09:36] | – I’m fine. Really. – Good, thanks. | -我没事 真的 -那就好 谢了 |
[09:39] | Um, did they ask you to tell me? | 他们派你来告诉我? |
[09:42] | Diane and Derrick? No, I volunteered. | 戴安和德里克? 不 我自愿来的 |
[10:04] | Mrs. Timmerman, just one question. | 蒂默曼夫人 就一个问题 |
[10:05] | I have to go. I’m sorry. | 我得走了 抱歉 |
[10:06] | Just one question, ma’am. You’ve heard these news reports | 就一个问题 夫人 您已知道有报道称 |
[10:08] | about your husband taking his aide to a clinic for an abortion. | 您丈夫带着助手去诊所堕胎 |
[10:10] | My husband is innocent. | 我丈夫是清白的 |
[10:12] | Okay, but did he deny it, ma’am? | 他否认了吗 夫人 |
[10:13] | Did he deny he got her an abortion? | 他否认带她去堕胎了吗 |
[10:15] | He didn’t need to. I’m sorry, I have to go. | 他不需要否认 抱歉 我得走了 |
[10:17] | The newest revelation has left the congressman’s staff reeling. | 这位议员最新丑闻曝光 使其手下不知所措 |
[10:21] | And Lana Timmerman has found herself joining a long list | 而他的夫人也加入了 |
[10:23] | of long-suffering wives. | 被劈腿的妻子的行列中 |
[10:26] | Remember, they may hit you hard. | 记住 他们可能会极度刁难你 |
[10:28] | – Where’s Alicia? – She’s around. | -艾丽西娅在哪 -她离这儿不远 |
[10:30] | Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. | 别担心 没事 |
[10:34] | Hello, Mr. Stevens. I’m Wendy Scott-Carr for Cook County. | 你好 史蒂文斯先生 我是库克县政府的温迪 |
[10:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:39] | – Are you nervous? – No. As much as you’d expect. | -紧张吗 -不 和你想的差不多 |
[10:58] | -Some gum? – No, thank you. | -来点口香糖? -不 谢了 |
[11:01] | I’ll have it. | 我要 |
[11:16] | Does Miss Scott-Carr have a questions? | 温迪小姐有什么问题吗 |
[11:19] | I do. Thank you. | 有的 谢谢 |
[11:24] | Did your dad drink, Mr. Stevens? | 你爸爸平时爱喝吗? 史蒂文斯先生 |
[11:26] | Did my dad? Yes. You mean alcohol? | 我爸爸? 是的 你指酒吗 |
[11:30] | He did, but not a lot. | 他喝酒 但不多 |
[11:31] | Don’t worry. It’s not a freighted question | 别担心 这问题没有陷阱 |
[11:34] | My dad used to drink. | 我爸爸曾经很爱喝酒 |
[11:35] | Well, heck, anybody who grew up in Chicago probably had a dad who drank. | 其实 芝加哥人的爸爸大概都爱喝酒 |
[11:43] | Now I’ve got to ask you, Wyatt. | 我得问你 怀亚特 |
[11:45] | You know, actually, let me just… | 哎 这么说吧… |
[11:49] | My mom divorced my dad when I was young. | 我父母在我很小的时候就离婚了 |
[11:53] | 11-years-old. | 11岁的时候 |
[11:55] | I loved them both, | 我很爱他俩 |
[11:57] | but, goodness, watching them fight… | 不过 天啊 看着他俩打架 |
[12:01] | Objection. | 反对 |
[12:05] | All I’m saying is, I get it. | 我的意思是 我都懂得 |
[12:08] | It doesn’t mean that people don’t love each other, that they fight. | 打架 不代表不相爱 |
[12:12] | Do you believe that? | 你相信吗 |
[12:13] | That people can love each other and fight? Yes. | 即使相互爱着也会打架? 是的 |
[12:17] | So, tell me about this restraining order your mom brought. | 那么 说说你母亲对你父亲申请的禁令吧 |
[12:21] | It’s not like you’re suggesting. | 不是你想说的那样 |
[12:22] | I know. I know. | 我懂 我懂 |
[12:24] | Every marriage is different. | 每一桩婚姻都不一样 |
[12:28] | But your mom went into the hospital with a cut on her cheek. | 但你妈妈曾经脸上带着刀伤去过医院 |
[12:33] | You took her in. That’s, that’s okay. | 你带她去的 没关系的 |
[12:36] | The human reaction is to protect our loved ones, their memories. | 人的本能反应 就是保护他所珍视的人和回忆 |
[12:41] | That’s good. | 这很好 |
[12:46] | Let’s just… talk. | 让我们只是… 谈谈吧 |
[12:53] | She’s killing us. | 她真有一套 |
[12:55] | Come on, Spencer. Peter is not a homophobe. | 得了 斯宾塞 彼得不讨厌同性恋 |
[12:58] | Why do you think I’m always about the gay issues? | 为什么你觉得我总是在同性恋问题上找茬? |
[13:00] | Because you’re always about the gay issues. | 因为你就是这样 |
[13:02] | Look, I-I phoned Marcus Alden, Danny Trent. | 我给奥尔登和特伦特都打了电话 |
[13:05] | Gay money has dried up, waiting to find out which way you’ll jump. | 同性恋资金冻结了 他们等着看你的选择 |
[13:08] | “Gay money.” You have such a succinct way of putting things. | 同性恋资金 你还真是言简意赅 |
[13:10] | Oh, I’m sorry. Have I offended you? | 抱歉 我冒犯到你了? |
[13:12] | You’ve been invited to dinner with Peter and his brother-in-law | 现在邀请你与彼得和他小舅子共进晚餐 |
[13:15] | to prove they pass the sniff test. | 你去看看他俩能不能尿到一个壶里 |
[13:16] | Let me show you a picture. | 给你看张照片 |
[13:17] | Spencer, I’ve seen your nieces. | 斯宾塞 我看过你的侄女们了 |
[13:19] | This was in the Huffington Post last week. | 这是上周哈芬顿邮报上的照片 |
[13:22] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[13:23] | Here’s your client, and here’s the book he’s carrying. | 是你的客户 还有他拿的书 |
[13:26] | Peace Not Apartheid by Jimmy Carter. | 《巴勒斯坦:要和平不要隔离》 吉米·卡特著 |
[13:32] | You’re kidding me? | 你逗我呢? |
[13:33] | This isn’t about straight/gay? | 这不是同性恋的问题? |
[13:35] | It’s about Jewish/Palestine? | 是巴以冲突的问题? |
[13:36] | It’s not a joke, Eli. | 这不是开玩笑 伊莱 |
[13:38] | Ah, it is a joke. You’re holding on to the money | 这就是个笑话 你扣住资金 |
[13:40] | – because you think Peter is… – Soft on Israel. | -就因为你认为彼得… -不够支持以色列 |
[13:42] | Oh, my God, I’m in crazy town. | 天啊 人们都怎么了 |
[13:44] | – So, is he? – Pro-Palestinian? No. No! | -那他是不是? -支持巴勒斯坦? 不 |
[13:49] | I don’t know. Anybody could’ve read that book. | 谁都可能看那书 |
[13:51] | Would I be working for him if he was pro-Palestinian? | 他要是支持巴勒斯坦 我还会为他工作吗 |
[13:54] | And he’s running for State’s Attorney, not Secretary of State. | 再说他竞选的是州检察官 又不是国务卿 |
[13:57] | But you have designs on going national, don’t you? | 但你有把他推向全国性竞选的计划 对吧 |
[13:59] | You don’t care about a little State’s Attorney race. | 小小的州检察官竞选你才看不上眼 |
[14:05] | Look, the dinner you’re invited to, | 邀请你去的晚餐 |
[14:08] | is to break fast for Yom Kippur. | 是犹太赎罪日的开斋餐 |
[14:11] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[14:12] | What, do you think I would make up a lie like that? | 怎么 你觉得我会拿这种事瞎扯吗? |
[14:14] | Your gentile friends just happen to be breaking fast? | 你那朋友不是犹太人 却正好要在此时开斋? |
[14:17] | Peter and Alicia are having me over because, | 彼得和艾丽西娅邀请我去 |
[14:19] | as you well know, I have no life. | 因为如你所知 我没有什么私生活 |
[14:22] | So come on, talk to Peter. | 拜托 去和彼得聊聊 |
[14:25] | Find out how much he loves gays and Israel. | 看看他有多热爱同性恋和以色列 |
[15:09] | 10-01, unable to copy. | 10-01 我听不清楚 |
[15:22] | I need any and all units to report back in the vicinity | 所有单位注意 |
[15:25] | of the El Street Mall. 211. 10-29f. | 请立刻赶往El街商城附近 |
[15:29] | All units, I repeat, we need all units! | 所有单位 重复一遍 所有单位 |
[15:31] | Shots fired! Civilian down! Emergency call! | 发生枪击 平民中弹 紧急呼叫 |
[15:35] | Oh, my God, he’s looking like the Northbrook sniper again! | 天啊 好像是北溪狙击手重出江湖了 |
[15:47] | All right, move! | 好了 上 |
[15:49] | All units in position. | 所有单位就位 |
[15:52] | Stand by. Suspect in sight. | 原地待命 发现嫌疑人 |
[15:54] | 5-1, negative. | 5-1 反对 |
[16:03] | Target the vehicle’s tires. You’re clear to fire. | 瞄准车胎 准许开火 |
[16:05] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[16:10] | All units hold your fire. | 各单位不要开火 |
[16:11] | Copy. | 收到 |
[16:17] | – Kalinda. – Hey. | -凯琳达 -嗨 |
[16:18] | This is ongoing. This… | 我们正在进攻 |
[16:29] | Go! Go! Go! Come on! Move, move, move, move! | 上上上 冲啊 |
[16:31] | Go, go, go, go! | 上上上 |
[16:33] | Don’t move! Don’t move! | 不许动 |
[16:36] | Get him out! Get him out! | 把他拖出来 |
[16:37] | Get him out! On your feet, man! | 拖出来 给我站好 |
[16:39] | Don’t shoot! Don’t shoot! | 别开枪 别开枪 |
[16:40] | – On your feet! Right there! – Oh, God! | -老实点 -天啊 |
[16:43] | Don’t move! Drop the weapon. | 不许动 放下武器 |
[16:47] | The van’s clear. Truck’s secure. | 货车清空了 已经搞定 |
[16:50] | Clear. | 没人了 |
[16:50] | He put a slot in the back of the van | 他在货车后面搭了一个带槽的装置 |
[16:52] | for the rifle barrel and scope. | 用来固定枪管和瞄准 |
[16:53] | Do we know why? | 出于什么目的 |
[16:55] | Not yet. No priors. | 还不知道 没有前科 |
[16:56] | But they suspect he’s the real Northbrook sniper? | 但是警方怀疑他才是真正的北溪狙击手? |
[16:59] | The police consider the Northbrook case closed, | 警方认为北溪案已经结案了 |
[17:01] | but it’s the same rifle, same M.O. | 但这次是同一款枪 同样的作案手法 |
[17:04] | I just heard. | 我刚得知 |
[17:05] | You want me to run it? | 需要我接手吗 |
[17:06] | Victim? | 受害人是谁 |
[17:08] | 28-year-old mother of two, Lisa Rennick. | 莉莎·兰尼克 28岁 两个孩子的母亲 |
[17:12] | Shot in the head. Same as Northbrook. | 头部中弹 和北溪案一样 |
[17:14] | Can we get a ballistics match? | 能不能弄到弹道报告 |
[17:15] | I’ll get on it. | 我去办 |
[17:16] | No, Kalinda, you go. | 不 凯琳达 你去 |
[17:19] | Blake, I’ll need you on Murphy/Gomes. | 布莱克 我要你跟进墨菲诉戈麦斯的案子 |
[17:22] | Hey, don’t overpay. | 不要下过多血本 |
[17:25] | The rest of you, I’ll need you to get everything you can | 剩下的人 我希望大家尽可能多地 |
[17:27] | from Alicia on the other victims. | 从艾丽西娅那里拿到前几位被害人的资料 |
[17:31] | Did you hear? | 你听说了吗 |
[17:33] | Yes. | 是 |
[17:33] | Talk about lucky. | 真是走运 |
[17:35] | I mean, except for the death. | 只可惜多一人丧生 |
[17:36] | We need to double our ask. | 我们的要价得加倍了 |
[17:38] | My guess is Childs will be phoning in about an hour, | 我猜查尔兹不出1小时就得给我们电话 |
[17:41] | trying to cut a quick deal — with a gag order. | 他会试图快速成交 同时下达封口令 |
[17:43] | Then let’s double our ask. | 咱加倍要价好了 |
[17:46] | Police arrested Northbrook resident Carl… | 警方逮捕了北溪居民卡尔… |
[17:48] | Yes, I’m watching right now. | 是 我正在看 |
[17:49] | We need to double our ask. | 我们得把赔偿金提高一倍 |
[17:51] | Okay, good. | 好的 |
[17:53] | I’ll be in in 15 minutes. | 我15分钟内赶到 |
[17:55] | Oh, uh… okay. | 也行 |
[17:58] | Well, I’m here if you need me. | 如果需要我的话随时待命 |
[18:08] | I wore this for Peter. | 我特意为彼得打扮成这样 |
[18:10] | And jokes over. I got to change. | 玩笑结束 我得赶紧换一身 |
[18:12] | This… is for you. | 这个 是给你的 |
[18:15] | And this… is for Peter. | 这些 是给彼得的 |
[18:23] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[18:24] | It’s true, Peter doesn’t like me. | 这是事实 彼得不喜欢我 |
[18:26] | Yeah, but he doesn’t like you because you’re a jerk, | 是 但他不喜欢你是因为你是个怪人 |
[18:28] | not because you’re gay. | 而不是因为你是同性恋 |
[18:30] | You have to make it right. | 你必须得澄清这件事 |
[18:32] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[18:35] | I like this. | 我喜欢这样 |
[18:37] | Why don’t we do this more often? | 为什么我们不能多点像这样的相处 |
[18:39] | – Because you live in Oregon. – Oh, right. | -因为你住在俄勒冈州 -也对 |
[18:42] | Did you hear mom’s divorcing number three? | 你知道妈妈正在和她的第三任离婚吗 |
[18:45] | Yeah. I didn’t like him anyway. | 知道 反正我也不怎么喜欢他 |
[18:47] | He had a good singing voice. | 他有一副好嗓音 |
[18:52] | He was kind of showy. | 他有点爱现 |
[18:54] | The bling. | 穿金戴银的 |
[18:57] | Did mom phone you to tell you? | 妈妈打电话告诉你的吗 |
[19:00] | No, she wrote. | 不 她写信说的 |
[19:02] | Afraid of the Alicia stare. | 害怕艾丽西娅式的瞪眼 |
[19:04] | – The what? – Uh, you know. | -什么 -你知道的 |
[19:08] | I don’t… When have I ever done that? | 我没… 我什么时候这样做过 |
[19:11] | When somebody doesn’t live up to your standards. | 当别人达不到你的标准时 |
[19:13] | You make me sound like such a bitch. | 你把我说得跟三八似的 |
[19:15] | No… proper. | 不 你本来就是 |
[19:23] | Are you going to leave him? | 你打算离开他吗 |
[19:28] | Owen, please don’t. | 欧文 拜托别说这个 |
[19:29] | He’s two-faced. | 他是个两面派 |
[19:30] | – Everyone’s two-faced. – You’re not. | -人人都有两面性 -你就不是 |
[19:32] | – Yes, I am. – Then you’ve changed. | -我是 -那是你变了 |
[19:35] | No. Issues got more complex, | 不是 生活变得更复杂了 |
[19:40] | and I grew up. | 我也成长了许多 |
[19:42] | You’ve always been grown up. | 你一直都很成熟 |
[19:44] | Remember that little speech you gave Mom and Dad. | 记得你对爸妈做的那番演说吗 |
[19:48] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[19:49] | “You can do this to me, but you can’t do it to Owen”” | “你们可以这样对我 但不能这样对欧文” |
[19:55] | Yeah. See how well that worked? | 最后效果是什么呢 |
[19:57] | They got divorced anyway. | 他们还是离婚了 |
[20:00] | So that’s what this is about, | 所以这就是原因 |
[20:02] | not wanting to be like Mom and Dad. | 你不想变得跟爸妈一样 |
[20:06] | – Does everything have to be about something? – Yeah. | -难道做每件事情都得有原因吗 -没错 |
[20:08] | I read a piece about it in the Times, I think. | 我好像在时代周刊上看过这样的文章 |
[20:13] | You know what you need? An intervention. | 你知道你需要什么吗 你需要有人插手 |
[20:15] | I’m gonna be here for three more days. | 我会在这儿多呆3天 |
[20:17] | And at the end of those three days, | 3天以后 |
[20:19] | you are divorcing Peter. | 你就会和彼得离婚 |
[20:21] | – Hello. – Turn on channel two; we got a problem. | -喂 -快看2频道 我们有麻烦了 |
[20:23] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[20:26] | Who is it? | 谁打来的 |
[20:28] | We have a suspect in custody. | 我们羁押着一名嫌疑人 |
[20:29] | But I want to be clear about this. | 但是我必须澄清一下 |
[20:30] | This is not the Northbrook sniper. | 他不是北溪狙击手 |
[20:32] | – You’re kidding. – What? | -没搞错吧 -什么 |
[20:34] | The shooting bears many of the same trademarks as Northbrook, | 这次枪击事件和北溪案有很多共同点 |
[20:36] | but this sniper is a copycat. | 但是这个狙击手只是个犯罪模仿者 |
[20:38] | And this lawsuit has put the Northbrook shootings back in the news lately, | 本案导致媒体开始重新关注北溪枪击案 |
[20:41] | and unfortunately… | 不过… |
[20:42] | He’s blaming us. | 他在指责我们 |
[20:44] | Yep. It’s a whole new ballgame. | 是的 情况大变 |
[20:52] | Am I angry? Yes. | 我生气了吗 是的 |
[20:56] | Wyatt Stevens was innocent. | 怀亚特·史蒂文斯是无辜的 |
[20:59] | The State’s Attorney is grasping at straws trying to thwart our suit | 州检察官说 这次的狙击手是个犯罪模仿者 |
[21:04] | by insisting that this new sniper is a copycat. | 并以此作救命稻草 试图击退我们的起诉 |
[21:07] | So we prove he’s not. | 所以我们要证明他不是模仿者 |
[21:09] | For the next 48 hours, we want a full-court press. | 接下来的48小时 我们要”全场紧逼” |
[21:12] | And we still need to prove the prosecution’s | 我们仍需证明 |
[21:14] | malice in the original case against Wyatt, | 最初针对怀亚特的是一起恶意指控 |
[21:16] | So we’re splitting you into two groups. | 现在将你们分成两组 |
[21:19] | Jim, Tom, Dave, Judy, Margie and Al, | 吉姆 汤姆 戴夫 朱迪 玛吉 阿兰 |
[21:22] | you are focusing on proving Wyatt’s innocence. | 你们负责证明怀亚特是无辜的 |
[21:25] | The rest of you go to malice. | 其余的人 找恶意指控的证据 |
[21:29] | We should think through the pattern. | 我们得搞清楚犯罪模式 |
[21:31] | Explain. | 解释一下 |
[21:32] | The police never found a pattern with the first three victims. | 警方从未找到前3名被害人的相同之处 |
[21:36] | Now we have a fourth. | 现在有第4个被害人了 |
[21:37] | Let’s see if it adds up. | 我们找找是不是有共同点 |
[21:38] | Right, good. Get everything you can. | 很好 搜集所有的相关信息 |
[21:41] | I’ll follow pre-trial motions. | 我来跟进审前动议 |
[21:43] | – You mean on the new case? – Yeah. Carl Landers. | -你指这个新案子? -对 卡尔·兰德斯枪击案 |
[21:45] | Childs will want to isolate this case from the earlier three shootings, | 查尔兹试图把这个案子 和前3起枪击案分开 |
[21:48] | but he’ll need to throw everything he can at him to get a conviction. | 但是他得使劲浑身解数将嫌疑人定罪 |
[21:51] | He’ll be tipping his hand. Good. Go. | 他会不慎暴露底牌 很好 行动 |
[22:05] | – You think I’m your competition. – No. | -你把我当成竞争对手了 -没 |
[22:08] | I don’t care if you’re my competition. | 我不在乎你是不是竞争对手 |
[22:10] | Oh. Well, that’s good to hear, Leela. | 很高兴听到你这么说 利拉 |
[22:12] | I… Sorry. | 我… 对不起 |
[22:14] | I keep on slipping on that, don’t I? | 我老是叫错 是吧 |
[22:17] | Don’t forget to use condoms. | 记得用安全套 |
[22:24] | You seem to think you know something. | 你似乎觉得自己知道些事 |
[22:28] | You don’t. | 其实不然 |
[22:31] | You’re probably right. | 你很可能是对的 |
[22:36] | Go ahead. I’ll take the next one. | 你先 我坐下一趟 |
[22:46] | Well, this is crazy, Eli, | 这太没道理了 伊莱 |
[22:47] | because I never read the Carter book. | 因为我从没看过卡特的那本书 |
[22:49] | Spencer has a picture of you outside your apartment carrying it. | 斯宾塞有张你站在公寓外拿着书的照片 |
[22:52] | Oh. It’s probably Alicia’s. | 可能是艾丽西娅的 |
[22:55] | I was cleaning out the maid’s room. | 我当时在清理保姆房间 |
[22:56] | They would have seen me come out with a bag of clothes | 如果他再等几分钟就会看到 |
[22:58] | for Goodwill if he had waited around another minute. | 我提着一包捐给慈善机构的衣服走出来 |
[23:02] | I know this sounds a little Dumb and Dumber, | 我知道这听起来有点像”阿呆与阿瓜” |
[23:04] | but I invited him over to your house for Yom Kippur. | 但是我已邀请他到你家过犹太赎罪日 |
[23:08] | Yom Kippur? | 犹太赎罪日? |
[23:09] | I’m having Yom Kippur at my house? | 我家要过犹太赎罪日? |
[23:13] | Yes. Tomorrow. | 是的 明天 |
[23:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:19] | Carl Landers shot a woman at the mall, | 兰德斯击中了一位商城里的妇女 |
[23:21] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[23:21] | Pursuant to the Public Terrorism Statute, | 根据公共恐怖主义行为法 |
[23:23] | bail is out of the question. | 毫无疑问不可保释 |
[23:24] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[23:25] | The State’s Attorney himself said | 州检察官亲口说过 |
[23:27] | that this was my client’s first time. | 这是我委托人的第一次犯案 |
[23:29] | Ergo, there is no public terrorism. | 因此 这不能算公共恐怖主义行为 |
[23:32] | They can’t have it both ways. | 他们不能两头都占着 |
[23:33] | We don’t need to have it both ways. | 我们用不着这样 |
[23:36] | Your Honor, Mr. Landers is a flight risk. | 法官阁下 兰德斯先生可能弃保潜逃 |
[23:39] | Bail denied. Mr. Landers will be held. | 不予保释 兰德斯先生将被羁押 |
[23:42] | What else? | 还有别的吗 |
[23:43] | The defense would exercise its right to a speed… | 辩方要求行使权利来… |
[23:46] | Would you excuse me, Your Honor? | 能等我一下吗 法官阁下 |
[23:52] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[23:54] | I would like to point out at this time that the defense attorney | 现在我要指出 |
[23:56] | is in collusion with the lawyers that are bringing the Northbrook suit. | 被告辩护人与北溪案的律师串通 |
[24:00] | Fascinated, Mr. Agos, but I’m not sure what I can do about it. | 精彩 艾格斯先生 但我似乎无权干涉 |
[24:03] | Your Honor, in the interest of expediency, | 法官阁下 根据我方利益 |
[24:05] | I have just noticed that… that the prosecution | 我刚刚注意到… 控方的证人名单上 |
[24:09] | has omitted a key witness from their witness list. | 遗漏了一位关键的证人 |
[24:12] | A Detective Mangold. | 曼戈德警官 |
[24:13] | He was the detective in the Northbrook killings. | 他参与了北溪枪击案的调查 |
[24:15] | We would move to amend our own list to include him. | 我方要求 将他增补入我方证人名单 |
[24:19] | – So moved. – That may prove to be difficult, Your Honor. | -准许 -这恐怕有点困难 法官阁下 |
[24:21] | And why is that, Mr. Agos? | 为什么 艾格斯先生 |
[24:24] | We ask that we continue this in chambers, Your Honor. | 我方请求在您的办公室讨论此事 |
[24:27] | It’s going to become part of the public record either way, Mr. Agos. | 反正最后都会公开的 艾格斯先生 |
[24:31] | Let’s go. | 请讲吧 |
[24:34] | He sustained an injury in the line of duty four months ago. | 4个月前他因公受伤 |
[24:37] | Started taking Vicodin for the pain. | 于是开始服用维柯丁止痛药 |
[24:39] | He’s in rehab. | 他在戒毒所 |
[24:40] | And if we can show that Mangold | 如果我们能证明曼戈德 |
[24:42] | was hooked on Vikes at the time of the Wyatt investigation… | 在调查怀亚特期间服用维柯丁上瘾 |
[24:45] | That could go to malice. | 就可证明检方恶意起诉 |
[24:47] | Good job. Follow it up. | 干得好 继续跟进 |
[24:55] | – Can I make a suggestion? – Certainly. | -我能提个建议吗 -当然 |
[24:58] | You should get Alicia to help the other team. | 你应该让艾丽西娅去帮另一个组 |
[25:02] | She made this case her life. | 她在这案子上 下了极大功夫 |
[25:03] | She knows it in and out. | 知道来龙去脉 |
[25:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:08] | How are you and Blake getting on? | 你和布莱克近来怎么样 |
[25:11] | Couldn’t be better. | 好得不能再好了 |
[25:15] | Three shootings: Noreen Paulus, | 3起枪击 诺林·鲍鲁斯 |
[25:17] | Roy Cammell, Amelia Stevens. | 罗伊·卡梅尔 亚美利亚·史蒂文斯 |
[25:21] | Now a fourth. Lisa Rennick. | 现在是第4个 莉莎·兰尼克 |
[25:23] | What do these four people have in common? | 这4个人有什么共同点 |
[25:25] | The thing is, we’d have a pattern if it weren’t for… | 我们本能找到4起枪击的共性 只不过… |
[25:28] | the lack of a pattern. | 没有共性 |
[25:30] | No. The UPE man. | 不 这个UPE的男性快递员 |
[25:32] | – Three women shot, one man. – Yep. | -遇害的是3个女的 1个男的 -是的 |
[25:36] | Odd man out. | 很扎眼的个男的 |
[25:40] | – Wait. – What? | -等等 -怎了 |
[25:50] | Here’s the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[25:52] | I know you have backseat and front-facing cameras. | 我知道你后座有个面向前方的摄像机 |
[25:54] | And I know you like to download and store digital recordings | 我知道你想保存那些影像资料 |
[25:58] | to protect yourself from any potential lawsuits filed by customers. | 以防自己受到客户起诉 |
[26:03] | Now let me say this. | 我这么说吧 |
[26:04] | I see you have some potential undocumented workers here in your yard, | 我知道你这儿有一些疑似非法雇工 |
[26:07] | and I would hate for you to get into any trouble. | 我真不希望你惹上任何麻烦 |
[26:10] | But I also know that you really want to help us out, | 而且我还知道 你特想帮助我们 |
[26:12] | so maybe we can make some kind of deal. | 所以我们也许能做个交易 |
[26:26] | There. | 那里 |
[26:40] | Is that what I think it is? | 是我想的那样吗 |
[26:47] | He was aiming for her. | 他瞄的是她 |
[26:51] | So they’re all women– all four. | 于是枪击目标全是女的 4个都是 |
[26:53] | That’s what we think. | 我们的确是这么认为的 |
[26:55] | Missed her, hit the delivery man. | 没射中她 射中了快递员 |
[26:57] | So who is she? | 她是谁 |
[27:02] | What is that? A triangle? | 这是什么 一个三角形? |
[27:06] | We don’t know. | 不知道 |
[27:15] | – So you’re the house mom here. – Yep. | -你是这儿的协调员? -是的 |
[27:17] | Well, tell us what happened. | 跟我们说说当时的情况 |
[27:19] | I heard gunfire, and I just ran. | 我听见枪声 就跑了 |
[27:22] | And the police never talked to you? | 警察从没和你谈过吗 |
[27:23] | No. I read about it in the paper, | 没有 我在报纸上看到的 |
[27:26] | and I thought, wow, I was, like, really close. | 心想 可真够险的 |
[27:30] | So you’re saying he was aiming for me? | 你是说他瞄的是我? |
[27:32] | – We believe so. – Oh, my God. | -我们相信是的 -天啊 |
[27:35] | Do you have any reason to believe that anyone would want to kill you? | 你觉得有没有什么人想杀你? |
[27:40] | – No. – And you’re sure you don’t recognize him? | -没有 -你确实不认识这人? |
[27:48] | No. I’ve never seen him before. | 不认识 我从没见过他 |
[27:54] | All four of them get pedicures on occasion. Different salons. | 他们4个都修过脚 在不同的店里 |
[27:58] | They’d all been to Florida. Different cities, 20 years apart. | 他们都去过佛罗里达 不同的城市 相差20年 |
[28:02] | Two of them had master’s degrees. | 其中2人有硕士学位 |
[28:05] | All four of them had dogs growing up. | 4个人都有养狗 |
[28:07] | And the malice front? | 恶意指控的调查 进展如何 |
[28:09] | We’re having a problem finding Mangold, the detective in detox. | 找不到曼戈德警官 就是在戒毒所的那个 |
[28:12] | They claim he’s out of the country. | 他们声称他不在国内 |
[28:14] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[28:15] | Yes. We think we should subpoena the CPD to produce his service records. | 我们认为 应令芝加哥警方提供他的工作记录 |
[28:20] | So you don’t put pork with cheese? | 猪肉不加奶酪?(犹太教义禁止奶制品与肉同食) |
[28:22] | Okay, but my guess is this judge doesn’t go for it. | 好的 但我猜法官不会支持 |
[28:26] | Anything else? | 还有其它的吗 |
[28:29] | This is weird. | 这很奇怪 |
[28:30] | You said Meg Malden’s birthday is two days after Amelia Stevens’. | 你说过麦尔登的生日 比史蒂文斯夫人晚两天 |
[28:35] | Yes. Coincidence. | 是的 巧合 |
[28:38] | Noreen Paulus: May 26. Lisa Rennick: June 19. | 鲍鲁斯 5月26号 兰尼克 6月19号 |
[28:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:44] | – They’re all Geminis. – Okay. | -他们都是双子座 -好的 |
[28:46] | So you think he’s a Zodiac killer. | 你认为他是星座杀手 |
[28:48] | You think he’s killing Geminis. | 你认为他在杀双子座的人 |
[28:56] | – Where are you going? – To ask him. | -你要去哪里 -去问问他 |
[29:00] | And bacon, I guess. No bacon, right? | 还有培根也不行 对吗(犹太教义禁食猪肉) |
[29:02] | I think it’s about sovereignty. | 我想是跟主权有关 |
[29:04] | If, uh, we had as many suicide bombers as Israel, | 如果我们也面临以色列那么多的人肉炸弹 |
[29:07] | we would have closed our borders years ago. | 我们早就关闭边境了 |
[29:09] | Exactly, and yet you have all these entertainers boycotting Israel. | 没错 但还是有那么多艺人抵制以色列 |
[29:12] | Elvis Costello, the Pixies. | 科斯特洛 小精灵乐队 |
[29:15] | I think they’d welcome that boycott. | 我想他们很欢迎这些抵制 |
[29:18] | – And are you Jewish, too? – Me? | -你也是犹太人吗 -我吗 |
[29:20] | No, I’m one of the good Germans. | 不是 我是一个德国好人 |
[29:23] | He’s joking. | 他在开玩笑 |
[29:26] | I met a very nice Jewish woman at the market, | 我那次在市场碰见一个很友善的犹太女人 |
[29:29] | and she’d just came back from Israel, and she loved it. | 她刚从以色列回来 她喜欢那里 |
[29:32] | Yeah, the important thing is that Peter | 是啊 重要的是 |
[29:33] | has supported Israel for a very long time, haven’t you? | 彼得长久以来一直支持以色列 是吧 |
[29:36] | And the gay agenda. | 还支持着同性恋 |
[29:38] | What about the flotillas? | 那么船队的事呢 |
[29:41] | What do you mean, the flotillas? | 什么船队 |
[29:42] | Israel’s unprovoked attack on the flotillas supplying aid to Gaza. | 以色列无故袭击加沙救援船队 |
[29:46] | It wasn’t unprovoked. | 那不是无故袭击 |
[29:47] | Are you talking about Israel’s justified sea blockade against Hamas? | 你是在说以色列对哈马斯正当的海上封锁吗 |
[29:50] | Alicia, do you want to get in here? | 艾丽西娅 你进来不 |
[29:51] | I’m talking about the nine people killed– the activists. | 我在说那9个遇害者… 那些政治活动家 |
[29:54] | The important thing is, Spencer, that, uh, | 重要的是 |
[29:55] | Peter has worked tirelessly on hate crimes. | 彼得长期坚持惩治”仇恨犯罪” |
[29:58] | If you look at his record compared to Glenn Childs… | 如果把他和查尔兹的记录对比一下… |
[30:00] | – And he loves the gays. – Okay, Owen. Thanks. | -他还喜欢同性恋 -好了 欧文 谢谢 |
[30:04] | But the kosher thing is different. | 但犹太教饮食规定是另一码事 |
[30:06] | It’s not just about pork, right? | 不仅是猪肉的问题 对吗 |
[30:11] | How is it going in there? | 里面怎么样了 |
[30:13] | Oh, great. It’s one for the books. | 好极了 可以载入史册了 |
[30:17] | – You’re drinking a bit. – Yep. | -你在喝酒 -是的 |
[30:22] | I said that Peter was homophobic because I wanted to hurt him. | 我说彼得憎恶同性恋 是因为我想整他 |
[30:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:27] | – Do you want to know why? – If you want to say. | -你想知道为什么吗 -如果你想说的话 |
[30:32] | You’re living an idea, Alicia. | 你在为一种意念而活 艾丽西娅 |
[30:35] | You think society is disintegrating. | 你认为社会在瓦解 |
[30:36] | You don’t want to get divorced ’cause everyone is divorcing. | 你不想离婚 是因为太多人在离婚 |
[30:39] | You’re like that person on the Titanic who won’t leave their room | 你就像泰坦尼克号上 那些留在房间里的人 |
[30:43] | because they’re afraid of being rude. | 他们是因为不想显得无礼 |
[30:46] | You lost me. | 我不明白 |
[30:47] | – Do you love him? – Do I love Peter? | -你爱他吗 -我爱不爱彼得? |
[30:50] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我爱 |
[30:51] | I don’t believe you. I can see it in your eyes. | 我不相信 我能从你的眼神里看到 |
[30:54] | You don’t love him– not anymore. | 你不爱他 不再爱他了 |
[30:57] | You don’t see anything in my eyes. | 你说得太玄乎了 |
[30:58] | Look, I get it. You got kids. | 我明白 你有孩子 |
[31:00] | Just, you know, don’t stay with him if you don’t love him. | 但是 如果不爱他就别和他在一起 |
[31:08] | You know what I want, Owen? | 你知道我希望怎样吗 欧文 |
[31:10] | I want everyone to stop worrying about me. | 我希望所有人都不再操我的心 |
[31:13] | Stop reviewing my life. | 不再评论我的生活 |
[31:16] | I’m going to do what I want, and it won’t be what you want, | 我会按自己的希望去做 不是按你的希望 |
[31:18] | and it won’t be what Mom wants, so back off. | 也不是按妈妈的希望 所以 省省吧 |
[31:33] | If you hurt her again, I’ll kill you. | 如果你再伤害她 我会杀了你 |
[31:37] | You know what? | 知道我要说什么吗 |
[31:39] | – Go to hell. – Oh, that’s very adult. | -见鬼去吧 -真是限制级的用词 |
[31:42] | – So, where were you? – What? | -你一直在哪儿 -什么 |
[31:44] | The last time you saw your sister was eight months ago. | 你最后一次见你姐姐是8个月前 |
[31:47] | The last time you phoned was August. | 你最后一次打电话是在8月份 |
[31:49] | – Because you’re still here. – No, no. | -因为你还在这里 -不 不 |
[31:51] | When I was in jail, you visited once. | 我在监狱的时候 你来过这里一次 |
[31:54] | She needed your support. She needed her family. | 她需要你的支持 她需要家人 |
[31:57] | So, now I’m being lectured to by the whoremonger. | 现在嫖客在对我说教呵 |
[32:01] | Yeah, that’s right, and you’re going to listen to me. | 是的 没错 我要你听着 |
[32:03] | My wife deserves better from her family. | 我妻子应该得到家人更多的关爱 |
[32:06] | Now, you can hate me– I really don’t care– | 你可以恨我 我不在乎… |
[32:08] | but you don’t hurt her. | 可你不能伤害她 |
[32:10] | You take the time to pick up the phone and call her. You visit. | 你花点时间给她打个电话 来看她 |
[32:13] | If you don’t have the money, I will send it to you. | 如果你没有钱 我会寄给你的 |
[32:19] | Owen. Don’t ever abandon her like that again. | 欧文 别再那样丢弃你姐姐 |
[32:26] | It was my copy of Peace Not Apartheid, | 《要和平不要隔离》那本书是我的 |
[32:28] | not my mom’s, not my dad’s. | 不是我妈的 也不是我爸的 |
[32:30] | What is with you kids and your sentimentalizing of Hamas? | 你们这些孩子怎么了 怎么同情哈马斯 |
[32:33] | If you get marriage, you’re | 如果你结婚了 |
[32:34] | still going to just run around like little boys with your pants down. | 你还是会像小男孩那样 不穿外裤四处跑 |
[32:39] | I would like to make a toast. | 我要敬大家一杯 |
[32:41] | Zach, Grace, you can use your water. | 扎克 格雷斯 你们喝水就行 |
[32:43] | Raise your glasses. | 把杯子举起来 |
[32:45] | Thank you all for coming tonight. | 感谢大家今晚光临 |
[32:47] | I’ve been told it isn’t proper to say “Happy Yom Kippur” | 我听说 说”赎罪日快乐”是不合适的 |
[32:50] | because it is a day of atonement, so… | 因为这是赎罪之日 |
[32:52] | everybody atone. | 所以 愿大家赎罪(atone在古语亦有和解之意) |
[33:05] | Yeah, I don’t really have a lawyer. | 是的 我其实没有律师 |
[33:08] | What can you do for me? | 你能怎么帮我 |
[33:10] | – You look different. – Yeah. | -你样子有点变了 -是的 |
[33:13] | They won’t let me wear my hair in here. | 他们不准我在这里戴假发 |
[33:16] | Can… can your law firm do anything about that? | 你们律所能帮我通融一下吗 |
[33:21] | Do you mind telling me your date of birth, Mr. Landers? | 兰德斯先生 能告诉我你的生日是哪天吗 |
[33:25] | March 5, 1970. Why? | 1970年3月5号 怎么了 |
[33:28] | Pisces. I’m a Gemini. | 双鱼座啊 我是双子座的 |
[33:36] | Look, lady, do you need something? | 小姐 你想问什么 |
[33:37] | Because I’m facing life in prison here. | 我是可能会被判终身监禁的 |
[33:40] | Why did you do it? | 为什么这么做 |
[33:42] | Why did you kill Geminis? | 你为什么要杀双子座的 |
[33:48] | Miss Sharma. | 夏尔马小姐 |
[33:55] | You know you can’t do that, Kalinda. | 凯琳达 你知道不该这么做 |
[33:56] | You’ll be charged with impeding an ongoing investigation. | 你可能会被指控妨碍调查 |
[33:59] | How’re you liking the prosecutor’s office? | 在检察官那头感觉如何 |
[34:03] | It seems to agree with you. You look taller. | 看来挺适合你 你看上去变高了 |
[34:07] | I like the moral clarity. | 我喜欢道德上的是非分明 |
[34:15] | Do you miss me? | 想我吗 |
[34:17] | What if I said yes? | 如果说想 又如何 |
[34:19] | Well, I’d say, “That sounds about right.” | 我会说 “我也觉得你想我” |
[34:23] | Then… | 那么… |
[34:26] | yeah. | 我想你 |
[34:46] | We’re hitting a brick wall. | 我们遇到一个难题 |
[34:49] | We think we should amend the pleadings to include Childs personally. | 我们应该修改诉状 将查尔兹本人列入其中 |
[34:54] | – Why? – So we can depose him. | -为什么 -这样就可以对他进行审前盘问 |
[34:57] | Put him on the spot about the flaws | 让他因为调查怀亚特失职 |
[35:00] | in the Wyatt Stevens investigation. | 而成为众矢之的 |
[35:01] | – You want to turn up the heat? – Yes. | -你想把事情弄大吗 -是的 |
[35:04] | I’m thinking | 我在反思 |
[35:04] | I made a mistake backing away from the political implications. | 我当初不该避开政治影响 |
[35:07] | That’s what he fears– the politics. | 他所害怕的就是政治后果 |
[35:12] | So we make him afraid. | 因此我们要让他感到害怕 |
[35:13] | And force a settlement. | 逼他和解 |
[35:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:32] | – Oh, sure. I recognize that guy. – You do? | -我认出他了 -真的吗 |
[35:35] | I went on a date with him. | 我跟他约会过一次 |
[35:45] | This is absurd; I have qualified immunity. | 荒谬 我有豁免权 |
[35:47] | No one has immunity from a deposition, Mr. Childs. | 查尔兹先生 无人有权免于审前盘问 |
[35:49] | If you’d like, we can call the judge to confirm. | 如果你愿意 可以找法官来证实这一点 |
[35:52] | Let’s keep this amicable, shall we? | 大家和气点吧 |
[35:55] | Glenn has 15 minutes. | 你们能占用格伦15分钟 |
[35:56] | Then he has a conference call. | 下面他还有一个电话会议 |
[35:57] | If you agree to 15 minutes, we won’t object. | 只要你们同意15分钟 就开始吧 |
[36:01] | – We agree. – Good. | -同意 -很好 |
[36:03] | Starting now. | 现在开始吧 |
[36:07] | – You gotta be kidding me. – No. | -你们开玩笑吧 -没有 |
[36:09] | We’re not kidding. | 我们很严肃的 |
[36:18] | Okay. The clock is ticking. | 好了 计时已经开始 |
[36:31] | Hey, Cary. | 凯里 |
[36:32] | Mr. Moral Clarity. | “是非分明”先生 |
[36:37] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[36:38] | Evidence to help you prosecute Carl Landers. | 帮助你控告兰德斯的证据 |
[36:41] | Mm-hmm. Out of the goodness of your heart? | 出于你的善良之心? |
[36:44] | Oh, what do you care? | 你管这个呢 |
[36:45] | You want moral clarity. | 反正你要的是道德上的是非分明 |
[36:48] | Landers committed all four murders. | 4宗枪击案都是兰德斯所为 |
[36:50] | This will convict him. | 这些 可以将他定罪 |
[37:00] | You were under intense pressure | 你当时面临巨大压力 |
[37:02] | to convict someone for the Northbrook killings, weren’t you? | 需要尽快找到北溪案的凶手并定罪 是吗 |
[37:04] | It’s my job to prosecute criminals. | 我的职责就是检控犯罪分子 |
[37:06] | So, there’s always pressure. | 因此压力一直都有 |
[37:07] | Did you give an interview on June 11th, | 你是否在6月11日接受采访时承诺 |
[37:09] | promising “Swift accountability and justice” for the sniper? | 将会迅速公正地惩治狙击手? |
[37:13] | I don’t recall. | 我记不清了 |
[37:15] | Chicago Tribune. Op-Ed. | 芝加哥论坛报 专栏版面 |
[37:16] | “Chicagoans need not fear. | “芝加哥民众无需恐惧” |
[37:18] | This case will be solved by the end of the month.” | “本案将在本月底前审结” |
[37:20] | And it was. | 我兑现了诺言 |
[37:21] | – Even if corners were cut? – They were not. | -即便是通过走捷径? -没有走捷径 |
[37:23] | You may not have been aware that they were. | 或许是你不知情 |
[37:25] | This is my department. | 我负责这个部门 |
[37:26] | I have to be aware of everything, and I am. | 我得事事知晓 而且也确实如此 |
[37:29] | Does that mean you approved the covering up | 言下之意 是否说你允许了掩盖 |
[37:31] | of the lead detective’s Vicodin addiction? | 探长服用维柯丁上瘾的事实? |
[37:32] | There was no cover-up. | 不存在任何掩盖 |
[37:33] | When were you informed of Detective Mangold’s drug addiction? | 你何时得知曼戈德警官嗑药 |
[37:37] | June 28th, to be precise. | 确切地说 6月28日 |
[37:39] | And two days later, you had Wyatt Stevens arrested. | 2天后 你逮捕了怀亚特·史蒂文斯 |
[37:42] | Ah, Wyatt Stevens was arrested because Wyatt Stevens was guilty. | 他被捕 是因为他有罪 |
[37:45] | So you stand by the prosecution of Wyatt Stevens? | 也就是说 你支持对怀亚特的控告? |
[37:48] | I stand by every prosecution this office has taken on in my tenure. | 我支持在我任期内的所有控诉 |
[37:51] | Unlike earlier holders of my office, | 与我的前任不同的是 |
[37:53] | I do not prosecute without a good faith belief | 只有达到预期可予定罪标准 |
[37:57] | that the defendant is guilty. | 我才会提出控诉 |
[37:59] | You’re up for reelection, isn’t that correct, Mr. Childs? | 你准备竞选连任 是吗 查尔兹先生 |
[38:01] | You know the answer to that. | 你知道答案了 |
[38:03] | I’ll take that as a “Yes”” | 我会把你这个说法当作肯定的回答 |
[38:05] | So you can’t afford to get this sniper case wrong? | 因此狙击手一案你不能出错 |
[38:07] | I didn’t get it wrong. | 我没出错 |
[38:08] | Were you aware that all four sniper victims | 你是否知道4名被害人均为 |
[38:11] | were members of datehearts.Com? | datehearts交友网站的会员 |
[38:16] | Is this deposition by ambush? | 这次审前盘问是有埋伏的? |
[38:18] | Were you aware that all four victims were in contact | 你是否知道4名被害人都通过该网站 |
[38:21] | with Carl Landers from this site? | 与兰德斯相识? |
[38:24] | That all four ended up meeting him? | 4名被害人最终都与他见面 |
[38:27] | And all four turned up dead within days? | 并且4人都在数天后遇害 |
[38:30] | That might prove problematic. | 你这说法恐怕有问题 |
[38:31] | One of those four victims was a man. | 其中1名被害人是男性 |
[38:33] | Limo surveillance video shows that shooting was a miss. | 豪华轿车的监控视频显示 那枪打错了人 |
[38:37] | The intended victim was a woman named Meg Malden. | 凶手原本的目标是名叫麦尔登的女人 |
[38:40] | We have no proof as to the veracity of these assertions. | 你们的主张没有证据 |
[38:44] | These are records subpoenaed from datehearts.Com. | 这是从datehearts网站取得的记录 |
[38:48] | Affidavits asserting that | 网站书面证词称 |
[38:50] | Carl Landers was in contact with all of these women. | 兰德斯与这4名女人均有联系 |
[38:54] | – They should have been turned over to my office. – It was. | -这些应该提交到我的办公室 -已提交 |
[38:57] | It was presented to one of your ASAs. | 已提交给你的某位助手 |
[39:00] | You weren’t aware of that? | 你不知道吗 |
[39:01] | You said you were aware of everything about this case | 你刚刚说 你对该案的一切情况了如指掌 |
[39:04] | as it related to your department. | 因为这是你的部门的事情 |
[39:07] | Unlike your predecessor. | 这一点有别于你的前任 |
[39:09] | Okay. We’ll have to wrap this up. | 好的 我们会把这些带上的 |
[39:12] | Glenn has that conference call. | 格伦要去参加电话会议了 |
[39:15] | Good day. | 保重 |
[39:25] | What was your ask? | 你们的开价是什么 |
[39:25] | – Originally or now? – Now. | -原先的还是现在的? -现在的 |
[39:30] | But it comes with a gag order. | 不过要附加一条封口令 |
[39:32] | Your client has to live with | 你的委托人要接受 |
[39:33] | the ambiguity of his father’s name not being cleared. | 他父亲的犯罪嫌疑不能洗清 |
[39:36] | Can you sell that? | 你们能说服他吗 |
[39:38] | You’re in luck. He’s here. | 你运气好 他就在这里 |
[39:41] | All we can do is ask. | 我们去问问好了 |
[39:43] | – How much? – Four million. | -要多少 -400万 |
[39:49] | What you’re seeing is no reaction. | 无异议 |
[39:54] | Get your client to agree. | 去说服你的委托人吧 |
[40:04] | I don’t know. He wants an apology. | 不知他会否同意 他想要的是道歉 |
[40:06] | He wants his father’s name cleared. | 他想洗刷父亲的罪名 |
[40:09] | It was never about the money. | 他从来不是为了钱打官司 |
[40:12] | – See what you can do. – Okay. | -你去试试看 -好吧 |
[40:35] | Yes! | 同意 |
[40:36] | Yep… predictable money. | 搞定 万能的钱呵 |
[40:45] | What’re you…? | 你怎么… |
[40:48] | I thought your plane was today. | 我记得你是今天的飞机 |
[40:50] | – It was. I’m late. – Late? | -没错 我晚了 -晚了? |
[40:52] | I think it-it’s gone. | 估计已经飞走了吧 |
[40:54] | I was reading Peter’s Gay/Straight Alliance speech, | 我在看彼得在同直联盟的演讲 |
[40:58] | “The Double Danger of Hate Crimes.” | “仇恨犯罪的双重危险” |
[41:00] | It’s pretty darn good. | 写得真他妈的好 |
[41:04] | That’s you, isn’t it? You wrote that? | 是你写的吧 |
[41:08] | No. | 不是 |
[41:09] | Alicia, I can recognize your cadence from a mile away. | 你的文章烧成灰我都认得 |
[41:13] | So you’re Hillary? | 那你是希拉里咯? |
[41:16] | You’re working your agenda through him. | 你通过他完成自己的理想 |
[41:18] | We believe in the same things, that’s all. | 我们信念相同 仅此而已 |
[41:27] | – I’m sorry. – For what? | -对不起 -为什么 |
[41:30] | I wasn’t here. | 那段时间没有陪在你的身边 |
[41:32] | You’re in Oregon. | 你在俄勒冈呀 |
[41:33] | I always thought of you as the big sister. | 我总是把你当成大姐姐 |
[41:37] | Well, I’m sorry that I wasn’t here when you needed me. | 对不起 在你需要我的时候没能陪在你身边 |
[41:42] | – I miss you. – I know. | -我想你 -我知道 |
[41:46] | No, you’re supposed to say, “I miss you, too.” | 不对 你该说”我也想你” |
[41:51] | I miss you, too. | 我也想你 |
[41:53] | You don’t need to be so strong. | 你不必总是那么女强人 |
[41:58] | – I’m not. – I know. | -我没有 -我知道 |
[42:02] | – You don’t need to pretend. – Okay. | -你也不必装成那样 -好的 |
[42:21] | – I like your apartment. – Thanks. | -我喜欢你的公寓 -谢谢 |
[42:31] | – I’ll phone. – Okay. | -我会来电话的 -好的 |
[42:40] | – I mean it. – Okay. | -我说真的呢 -知道 |
[42:48] | I’m waiting for the elevator out here. | 我在外面等电梯呢 |
[42:58] | I’ll wait with you. | 我陪你一起等 |