时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | This is Derrick’s in-house investigator, Blake, from D.C. | 这是德里克的内勤调查员布莱克 来自华盛顿 |
[00:08] | You a friend of Leela’s? | 你是利拉的朋友? |
[00:09] | I’m a who? | 你说谁 |
[00:10] | Um, sorry. Kalinda’s. | 抱歉 我是指凯琳达 |
[00:11] | Whatever games you’re playing, | 天知道你在跟凯琳达搞什么名堂 |
[00:13] | you play with her. I’m too busy, okay? | 但我很忙 别牵扯我 行不 |
[00:15] | You know there was something weird about that case, | 那案子有些蹊跷的地方 |
[00:16] | that something got buried. Pitted. | 有些东西被掩盖了 埋没了 |
[00:19] | Evidence. Or testimony. | 证据 或证词 |
[00:21] | Mr. Childs, you were under intense pressure | 查尔兹先生 你当时面临巨大压力 |
[00:24] | to convict someone for the Northbrook killings, weren’t you? | 需要尽快找到北溪案的凶手并定罪 是吗 |
[00:27] | It’s my job to prosecute criminals, so there’s always pressure. | 我的职责就是检控犯罪分子 压力一直都有 |
[00:33] | Mr. Childs, you were under intense pressure | 查尔兹先生 你当时面临巨大压力 |
[00:36] | to convict someone for the Northbrook killings, weren’t you? | 需要尽快找到北溪案的凶手并定罪 是吗 |
[00:39] | It’s my job to prosecute criminals. | 我的职责就是检控犯罪分子 |
[00:41] | There’s always pressure. | 压力一直都有 |
[00:42] | Did you give an interview on June 11th, | 你是否在6月11日接受采访时承诺 |
[00:44] | promising “Swift accountability and justice” For the sniper? | 将会迅速公正地惩治狙击手? |
[00:48] | I don’t recall. | 我记不清了 |
[00:50] | Chicago Tribune, op-ed: “Chicagoans need not fear, | 芝加哥论坛报 专栏版面 |
[00:52] | this case will be solved by the end of the month”? | “芝加哥民众无需恐惧 本案将在月底前搞定”” |
[00:56] | And it was. | 我兑现了诺言 |
[00:56] | – Even if corners were cut? – They were not. | -即便是通过走捷径? -没有走捷径 |
[00:59] | You may not have been aware they were. | 或许是你不知情 |
[01:01] | This is my department. | 我负责这个部门 |
[01:02] | I have to be aware of everything. And I am. | 我得事事知晓 而且也确实如此 |
[01:05] | You had Wyatt Stevens arrested? | 你们逮捕了怀亚特·史蒂文斯? |
[01:08] | Wyatt Stevens was arrested because Wyatt Stevens was guilty. | 他被捕 是因为他有罪 |
[01:11] | You stand by the prosecution of Wyatt Stevens. | 也就是说 你支持对怀亚特的控告? |
[01:14] | I stand by every prosecution this office has taken on in my tenure. | 我支持在我任期内的所有控诉 |
[01:17] | Unlike earlier holders of my office, | 与我的前任不同的是 |
[01:18] | I do not prosecute without a good faith belief | 只有达到预期可予定罪标准 |
[01:21] | that the defendant is guilty. | 我才会提出控诉 |
[01:24] | I think you’re right. Go with “Unfair prejudice.” | 我觉得你是对的 就用”不公平偏见” |
[01:26] | My co-counsel wants to go with | 但我的协理律师想主张 |
[01:29] | prejudice and cumulative evidence. | 偏见和赘余补强证据 |
[01:31] | No, no, no, no, not with Judge Hale. | 不不不 别跟哈尔法官这么干 |
[01:33] | She hates a fire hose defense. | 她最讨厌漫天撒网式答辩 |
[01:35] | But this is good. | 这句不错 |
[01:38] | “Prejudice as policy.” that’s a very nice turn of phrase. | “偏见成为策略” 这词造得好 |
[01:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:43] | You might use Trent v. Paddock. | 你可以引用特伦特诉帕多克的判例 |
[01:45] | It’s a good 403 separation. | 那是适用证据规则403条的典型案例 |
[01:48] | Okay. I’ll look into it. | 好的 我看看 |
[01:50] | What’s up, Eli? | 什么事 伊莱 |
[01:52] | Alicia, don’t leave yet. | 艾丽西娅 先别走 |
[01:54] | – I’m late for work. – Just wait a second, Eli. | -我要迟到了 -稍等 伊莱 |
[01:55] | Um, the settlement in the, in the sniper case, the Northbrook sniper? | 北溪狙击手案的那个和解 |
[02:00] | Did… did you depose Childs? | 你对查尔兹进行庭外取证了? |
[02:04] | Um… Peter, I can’t. I’m under a gag order. | 我不能说 得遵守封口令 |
[02:08] | I can’t say anything. | 什么都不能说 |
[02:14] | Is it bad? | 情况很糟吗 |
[02:23] | So am I supposed to worry they’re still asking for $8 million? | 我是不是该发愁他们还会索赔800万? |
[02:25] | Yep. | 没错 |
[02:28] | Javier, you wouldn’t be happy unless you had something to worry about. | 哈维尔 你有的愁才会开心点 |
[02:31] | Look, we’ve got a good judge, a good motion, | 咱有个好法官 有个不错的审前动议 |
[02:34] | and we succeeded in combining our defenses, | 还很好地把答辩词统一了起来 |
[02:36] | – so we can’t be used against each other. – Okay. | -这样我们就不会自相矛盾 -好吧 |
[02:40] | I just… this is getting to me. | 我就是越来越焦躁 |
[02:41] | – Once more into the breach, eh? – Yep. | -咱再来试一次? -嗯 |
[02:44] | I’d like to argue the unfair prejudice motion, Andre. | 我想提”不公平偏见” 安德烈 |
[02:47] | Certainly. And I’ll take cumulative. | 没问题 那么我来提”赘余补强证据” |
[02:48] | Actually, I was thinking we’d be stronger with just one. | 但我觉得 只提一项主张更有利 |
[02:52] | Judge Hale doesn’t like a fire hose defense. | 哈尔法官不喜欢漫天撒网式答辩 |
[02:55] | Really. And how do we know that? | 是吗 何以见得呢 |
[02:56] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[02:59] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:00] | Judge Hale has been called away for a family emergency, | 哈尔法官家里有急事来不了 |
[03:03] | so I will be presiding. | 所以本案由我主审 |
[03:05] | We’ll be hearing pretrial motions today? | 咱今天是要进行审前动议吧? |
[03:07] | That’s right, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[03:08] | And if I may say so, welcome aboard. | 不知这么说是否合适 欢迎您 |
[03:11] | Well, thank you, Mr. Deerfield. | 谢谢 迪菲尔德先生 |
[03:13] | We got you out of the lecture room, I see. | 你居然走出课堂来法庭了哦 |
[03:14] | Only to argue a case I believe in. | 是为了主持公道 |
[03:17] | And yet I seem to see you’re outnumbered today. | 不过似乎敌众你寡哦 |
[03:19] | Yes, yes. I do feel a bit like David. | 是啊是啊 我觉得自己好渺小呢 |
[03:21] | I think that’s a bit of a stretch, Mr. Deerfield. | 你这说法有点夸张哦 迪菲尔德先生 |
[03:29] | I found something to worry about. | 我有的愁了 |
[03:41] | Chicago! | 芝加哥 |
[03:43] | Move it, Chicago! | 动起来 芝加哥 |
[03:49] | What happened to Hale? | 哈尔怎么回事 |
[03:50] | Some family emergency. Do you know anything about Quinn? | 说是家里有急事 你了解奎因吗 |
[03:52] | I’ll see what I can get. | 我会查查看 |
[04:00] | Can we get some medical attention down here? | 这里需要急救 |
[04:09] | Pull her up! | 把她拉起来 |
[04:14] | Your Honor, that is cell phone video | 法官阁下 这个手机视频 |
[04:16] | of the death of five young concertgoers. | 记录了5名年轻的音乐会参加者之死 |
[04:19] | – It is essential evidence– -It is prejudicial evidence. | -这是重要证据 -这是偏见性证据 |
[04:21] | Well, how is it prejudicial? | 怎么会呢 |
[04:23] | The families are suing two people. | 死者家属起诉2个人 |
[04:24] | Jay Hawke, AKA D.J. Javier Berlin, | 杰伊·浩克 又名哈维尔·柏林 |
[04:27] | for overselling his concert, | 家属诉他音乐会超额售票 |
[04:29] | and Mr. Brownback’s security firm | 还要起诉布朗贝克的保安公司 |
[04:32] | for allowing too many people in. | 因为现场放进了太多人 |
[04:33] | At the very minimum, this video shows an oversold concert. | 至少 这个视频证明了音乐会超额售票 |
[04:37] | No, at the very minimum, it shows a selectively edited, | 不 这是一个选择性剪辑 |
[04:40] | highly prejudicial video intended to inflame the jury. | 极具偏见性 试图误导陪审团的视频 |
[04:43] | Counselor… what are you wearing? | 律师 你穿的是什么 |
[04:48] | – Your Honor? – What are you wearing? | -法官阁下? -我问你穿的是什么 |
[04:50] | What… what are those clothes? | 这是什么衣服 |
[04:55] | I think they’re Ralph Lauren. | 是拉夫·劳伦牌的 |
[04:58] | Yes, thank you. No, I mean… your pants. | 谢谢 我是指你的裤子 |
[05:01] | You’re… you’re wearing pants. | 你穿了裤子 |
[05:03] | – Yes… It’s a pantsuit. – I see that. | -对… 这是套装 -我知道 |
[05:07] | In my courtroom, I require the male lawyers to wear ties, | 我的法庭 要求男性律师打领带 |
[05:11] | and the female lawyers, skirts. | 女性律师穿裙子 |
[05:14] | Am I making myself clear? | 听懂了吗 |
[05:17] | I can’t believe it. Does he do this in every court? | 真难以置信 他每次庭审都这样吗 |
[05:19] | He can’t do this to every female lawyer. | 他不可能对每个女性律师都这样 |
[05:21] | – My guess is you’re right. – So why me? What did I do? | -你恐怕说对了 -那干嘛针对我 我怎么了 |
[05:24] | You’re being taxed. | 他在刁难你 |
[05:26] | – Why? – The Childs deposition. | -为什么 -查尔兹的庭外取证 |
[05:29] | What’s going on? Peter mentioned that, too. | 怎么搞的 彼得也提到过 |
[05:31] | – It was in McGowan’s column this morning. – The deposition? How? | -今早麦高恩的专栏提到了 -怎么回事 |
[05:34] | It was leaked. | 泄露了 |
[05:36] | And they think I leaked it. | 他们认为是我泄露的 |
[05:38] | To hurt Childs and help Peter. | 为了打压查尔兹 帮助彼得 |
[05:39] | That’s the spin in the column. | 那篇专栏就是这种倾向 |
[05:41] | Look, you’re his wife, one of the only few people in the room… | 你是他老婆 当时没几人在场 你是其中之一 |
[05:45] | We didn’t win a single motion. | 我们审前动议一败涂地 |
[05:47] | I’m meeting with our co-counsel now to rethink strategy. | 我会和协理律师研究个新的策略 |
[05:50] | So what’s our endgame? | 我们的目标是什么 |
[05:51] | We want to keep our client’s exposure to the insurance limit: | 把赔偿额控制在客户的保险理赔范围内 |
[05:54] | half a million. | 50万 |
[05:56] | I don’t imagine the plaintiff will accept a half million? | 原告恐怕不会接受吧 |
[05:58] | Not after today. | 通过今天预审 必不接受 |
[06:00] | Okay. Do the best you can; anything to get the settlement down. | 尽你所能吧 尽力把赔偿金压下来 |
[06:03] | – Uh, do you need Blake on this? – No, no… Kalinda’s good. | -需要布莱克帮忙吗 -不用 有凯琳达就行 |
[06:08] | Oh, Alicia, one more thing. | 艾丽西娅 还有一件事 |
[06:11] | Regarding this, uh, leaked deposition. | 关于这个庭外取证泄露事件 |
[06:16] | – I had nothing to do with it. – All three of us were there. | -不是我干的 -咱3个当时都在现场 |
[06:18] | It’s just that… the firm is in a precarious position on this, | 因为此事 公司现在处境微妙 |
[06:23] | so it would be helpful if your husband didn’t exploit it. | 所以 我们希望你丈夫不要利用这件事 |
[06:30] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:33] | If you have any sway there. | 如果他尊重你意见的话 |
[06:38] | – She didn’t do it? – It’s unlike her. | -不是她干的? -她不是这种人 |
[06:43] | Uh, you phoned: my co-counsel, Mr. Baylon, is here? | 你们打过电话 我的协理律师拜伦在吗 |
[06:48] | Hello. I didn’t know it was you. | 你好 没想到是你 |
[06:50] | – Miss Crozier. – Yes. | -克罗泽小姐 -是我 |
[06:53] | – Remember, from last year. We were on opposite sides. – I do. | -记得吧 去年我们还是对手呢 -记得 |
[06:58] | Oh, I’m so sorry. I’ve forgotten your name. | 抱歉 我忘了你名字 |
[07:03] | – Alicia. – Alicia, right. Mm-hmm. | -艾丽西娅 -艾丽西娅 好 |
[07:05] | That’s so funny; we’ll be on the same side this time. | 很有意思啊 这回我们是搭档了 |
[07:10] | – I don’t understand. – I’ve been asked to | -我不太明白 -我被要求 |
[07:11] | replace Mr.Baylon as the counsel for the security firm? | 接替拜伦先生代理保安公司 |
[07:15] | He’s having some surgery. | 他正在接受手术 |
[07:16] | He’s… no, I-I just saw him. | 他… 我刚刚还见到他的 |
[07:18] | I know. It was all very last-minute. | 我知道 这次事发突然 |
[07:20] | It’s– I– we’re all kind of shocked. | 我们大家都很震惊 |
[07:23] | But I’m here… and raring to go. | 但我不是来了吗 跃跃欲试 |
[07:26] | Courtney… get Mr. Baylon on the phone. | 考特尼 打电话给拜伦先生 |
[07:30] | Deviated septum. | 鼻中膈弯曲 |
[07:32] | He gets elective surgery one day before the trial | 他偏偏挑了审判前一天做手术 |
[07:35] | because he doesn’t like the judge. | 只因为他不喜欢这个法官 |
[07:38] | Oh, Alicia, he said you were expecting him, | 哦 艾丽西娅 他说你在等他 |
[07:39] | so I put him in your office. | 所以我让他进了你的办公室 |
[07:43] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[07:45] | You seem to spend more time here | 貌似你现在花在这里的时间 |
[07:46] | than you did when you actually worked here. | 比你离开前还要多呢 |
[07:49] | – You still sharing Courtney? – Everything’s the same. | -你还和别人共用考特尼? -一切如故 |
[07:52] | Okay. Well, I don’t want to delay the drama. | 嗯 那么好戏来了 |
[07:54] | – You’ve been served. – I’ve… For what? | -你被传唤了 -我被… 因为什么 |
[07:57] | State’s attorney has asked me | 州检察官命我 |
[07:59] | to head up an inquiry to look into the leak of Mr. Childs’ deposition. | 牵头调查查尔兹先生庭外取证外泄一事 |
[08:02] | Now, I’m going to try and expedite this, Alicia, | 此事我会尽快了结 艾丽西娅 |
[08:04] | so that you don’t have a cloud hanging over your head. | 以免你总是如剑悬顶 |
[08:06] | – Thank you so much. – You’re welcome. | -太感谢你了 -不客气 |
[08:10] | Personally, I know that you would never break the law in this manner, | 我个人看来 你绝不会这样违反法律 |
[08:14] | so I’m sure it’s just a formality. | 所以我相信 这也就是走个形式 |
[08:17] | And if it’s not, | 但如果来真的 |
[08:18] | then we’ll be pursuing a disbarment hearing. | 我们就会争取吊销你的律师资格 |
[08:22] | See you soon. | 回见了 |
[08:48] | You’re not getting anything from me, Eli. | 你从我这里什么也套不出 伊莱 |
[08:50] | – I’m not burning my source. – Source? | -我可不会出卖我那个消息源 -那个? |
[08:53] | Or sources. | 或者那些 |
[08:57] | You know why I love politics? | 知道我为什么喜欢政治吗 |
[08:59] | People make sense. | 因为政界人士不做无谓之事 |
[09:01] | They do things that make sense. | 他们所做的一切都有意义 |
[09:02] | That’s why this leak bothers me. | 因此这次泄密令我困扰 |
[09:05] | It doesn’t make any strategic sense. | 它完全没有任何战略意义 |
[09:07] | It hurts Childs, because it makes his office look bad. | 这损害了查尔兹 使他的工作看上去一团糟 |
[09:10] | It hurts Peter, because it places his wife under suspicion, | 也损害了彼得 使他的妻子受到怀疑 |
[09:13] | and then I realized: that’s the point. | 之后我便意识到 这就是意义所在 |
[09:17] | Someone wants to hurt them both. | 有人想同时攻击他们两个 |
[09:20] | And that got me thinking. | 这又令我想到 |
[09:21] | Childs and Florrick have their hands around each other’s throats. | 查尔兹和福瑞克正互相掐着脖子不放 |
[09:24] | What a perfect time for a third person to enter the race. | 这不正是第三人加入角逐的绝佳时刻吗 |
[09:31] | – So who is it? – Give me a quote. | -那么到底是谁 -你留两句评论吧 |
[09:33] | – I’ll see if they want to respond. – They? | -我来看看他们愿不愿意回应 -他们? |
[09:36] | Give me a quote. I’ll see if he, she, it wants to respond. | 评论一下 我看看他 她 它是否愿意回应 |
[09:40] | “These kind of dirty tricks– | “这等下三滥手段” |
[09:42] | even if perpetrated by an unannounced third candidate– | “就算是个未声明参选的第三候选人使出来的” |
[09:46] | are despicable.” | “也仍然是可鄙的” |
[09:49] | Got it. | 记下了 |
[09:51] | She had my hand. | 她握着我的手 |
[09:54] | I told her, | 我对她说 |
[09:57] | “Whatever you do, don’t let go” | “无论如何 不要放手” |
[10:01] | – And that’s her? – My fiancee. Yes. | -是她? -是的 我的未婚妻 |
[10:06] | Juliette. | 朱丽叶 |
[10:07] | The crowd was just so– | 人群实在是太… |
[10:10] | It was like fighting the ocean. | 好像是在与海洋搏斗 |
[10:14] | I couldn’t hold her. She went down. | 我没能抓住她 她倒下了 |
[10:18] | Parents wanted an open casket, but… | 父母本打算与她开棺告别 但… |
[10:23] | the way she was trampled… | 她被踩踏得实在是… |
[10:27] | I didn’t know a person could look like that. | 我从没见过人变成那样 |
[10:30] | I’m sorry, Mr. Dylan, | 抱歉 迪伦先生 |
[10:31] | but I need you to be strong for a little while longer, | 但你需要再坚强一会 |
[10:33] | because the defense has to ask you a few questions. | 被告律师现在要再问你几个问题 |
[10:35] | Objection! | 反对 |
[10:37] | Sure. If you want. Sustained. Your witness. | 行 依你 反对有效 该你了 |
[10:43] | Mr. Dylan, I’m very sorry for your loss. | 迪伦先生 我对你未婚妻的不幸深表同情 |
[10:46] | – Wish your clients were. – I think they are. | -希望你的当事人也是如此 -我想他们也是 |
[10:49] | Speaking of my clients, | 谈到我的委托人 |
[10:50] | they weren’t the first ones you sued, were they? | 你本来起诉的不是他们吧? |
[10:52] | Objection! Your Honor! | 反对 法官阁下 |
[10:54] | Approach the bench. | 上前一步说话 |
[10:57] | Your Honor, the plaintiff first tried to sue the real culprit: the venue. | 大人 原告本打算起诉真正的祸首 歌厅 |
[11:01] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[11:02] | The venue staff opened the exit doors. | 歌厅的工作人员打开了出口的门 |
[11:05] | That’s what sparked the stampede and the only reason we’re being sued | 正是这样才引发了踩踏事件 |
[11:06] | is because the venue went bankrupt after the incident. | 我们被起诉 只因为歌厅在这起事件后倒闭了 |
[11:10] | These are honorable people. | 他们都是些可敬的人 |
[11:11] | I’m not going to stand by silently and let her disparage them. | 我绝不会袖手旁观 任她诋毁他们 |
[11:14] | I- I’m sorry. Is that an argument? | 对不起 你这也叫论据? |
[11:16] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[11:17] | who my client sued or failed to sue is immaterial here. | 我的当事人曾想起诉谁 是无关紧要的 |
[11:20] | They are suing the codefendants now. That’s all that matters. | 他们现在正起诉共同被告 这就够了 |
[11:24] | The objection is sustained. | 反对有效 |
[11:26] | Further questions of any previous suit is off-limits. | 再有任何之前诉讼的问题 都是越界的 |
[11:31] | Now, step back. | 都退下吧 |
[11:35] | I said, step back. | 我说了 退下 |
[11:38] | So, is my skirt short enough? | 我的裙子够短吗 |
[11:43] | Next time, ask that in front of the court reporter, ma’am. | 下次当着法庭书记员的面 问这个问题 |
[11:48] | And we will discuss an appropriate fine. | 然后我们可以商议 应处以多少罚金 |
[11:52] | Now, step back. | 现在 给我退下 |
[11:57] | Put me in, coach. | 教练 让我上场吧 |
[12:46] | Our strategy was to blame the venue on the panic. | 我们用的策略是 指责歌厅造成现场慌乱 |
[12:49] | We can’t blame security because they’re our co-defendant. | 但不能归咎保安公司 因为他们是共同被告 |
[12:53] | – There’s someone else you can blame. – Who? | -其实你还可以归咎其他人 -谁 |
[12:56] | The victims. | 被害人 |
[12:58] | Do you have a problem with that? | 你觉得妥当吗 |
[12:59] | You mean, as a lawyer or as a person? | 你指作为一名律师还是一个人? |
[13:03] | It’s a rave. | 那是一场锐舞派对 |
[13:04] | I’m sure the victims must have contributed to the panic. | 被害人肯定对群体恐慌起了推波助澜的作用 |
[13:07] | The jury may not love it, but they’ll believe it. | 陪审团可能不喜欢这一事实 但他们会相信的 |
[13:11] | I’ll get on it. | 我就照这个思路办 |
[13:13] | He didn’t get a seat at the gala. | 晚宴没邀请他? |
[13:15] | He didn’t? No! | 没他? 不会吧 |
[13:16] | – Courtney? Can you get Kalinda for me, please? – Sure. | -考特尼 能给我把凯琳达找来吗 -好 |
[13:21] | And Mr. Gold phoned. | 戈德先生来过电话 |
[13:22] | Oh, I’ll call him back later. | 哦 等会我给他回电 |
[13:24] | What’s going on? | 出了什么事 |
[13:26] | Oh, nothing. It’s the gala. The bar fund-raiser. | 没什么 晚宴的事 法律界筹款 |
[13:29] | The partners bought five tables. Everyone wants to see who’s invited. | 公司买了5桌 大家都想知道谁被邀请了 |
[13:32] | And Ziegler wasn’t. | 而齐格勒没被请 |
[13:34] | Ziegler from tax litigation? Why not? | 税务诉讼部的齐格勒? 为什么没? |
[13:36] | Well… you know, probably means he’s being laid off. | 恐怕是快把他裁了吧 |
[13:39] | – Ah. Um… – Oh, don’t worry, | -额 -哦 别担心 |
[13:43] | none of the second-year associates were invited. | 才来两年的律师都没被邀请 |
[13:44] | Oh, good. I hate that stuff. | 太好了 我就烦这种事 |
[13:47] | Oh, you’re here. Good. | 你在这儿呢 太好了 |
[13:49] | – Problems? – Yes, he wants me to carry a parasol now. | -有事? -是啊 他现在想让我打把遮阳伞了 |
[13:53] | – Anything new? – Yeah. This just went up. | -有什么新发现? -有 刚发现这个 |
[14:00] | – What do you think of him? – Blake? | -你对他怎么看 -布莱克吗 |
[14:03] | – I don’t know. Why? – Just asking. | -我说不清 怎么了 -随便问问 |
[14:10] | It’s the same cell phone camera. | 这是同一个手机拍的 |
[14:11] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[14:13] | – Oh, same voice. – Mm-hmm. Best evidence rule. | -哦 噪音都一样 -根据最佳证据原则 |
[14:16] | Judge should admit the whole video. This is part of the video. | 法官应当采纳整段视频 而这是其中一部分 |
[14:19] | – There’s stuff in there that might help you blame the victims. – Thanks. | -里面的内容能帮你归咎被害人 -谢谢 |
[14:23] | Oh, um, Kalinda… | 凯琳达 |
[14:26] | – Look, I don’t want to get in the middle of anything. – All right. | -我并不想瞎掺和 -说吧 |
[14:30] | Blake keeps calling you Leela. | 布莱克一直叫你利拉 |
[14:33] | He seems to want to make some kind of point with it. | 他似乎暗指着什么 |
[14:41] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[14:46] | She’s splitting the male vote, that’s what she’s doing. | 她的策略 是分散你俩的选票 |
[14:49] | She could win. She’s the only female candidate. | 她有可能赢 她是唯一的女性竞选人 |
[14:52] | Damn right she could. We could’ve buried that bitch. | 真他妈可能 我们本可以干掉这个贱人的 |
[14:54] | You think you could say that a little louder? | 你敢再大点声说吗 |
[14:55] | I don’t think those kids heard you. | 我怕那些孩子没听见 |
[14:57] | We got to scare her off. | 我们得吓退她 |
[14:58] | Up until the moment she announces, it’s revocable. | 只要她还没正式宣布参选 就可以让她退出 |
[15:05] | Okay. Do it. | 好吧 干吧 |
[15:09] | The gloves come off? | 真的准备动手了吗 |
[15:10] | Are you saying that she leaked Alicia’s deposition? | 你是说 是她泄露了艾丽西娅的庭外取证? |
[15:12] | Yes. The transcripts went through her office. | 没错 她办公室经手了文本 |
[15:14] | Take the gloves off. | 那就干吧 |
[15:17] | Thank you, sir. | 多谢 长官 |
[15:28] | Your Honor, I don’t know | 法官阁下 我实在不明白 |
[15:30] | what the defense counsel expects this to prove, | 被告律师拿出这段录像是想证明什么 |
[15:32] | but there is no evidence | 但没有证据可以表明 |
[15:33] | that this video is part of the already submitted exhibit. | 这段录像是已提交的那段的一部分 |
[15:35] | The evidence is that the same person is recording the video. | 证据就是 这两段录像系同一人录制 |
[15:38] | I don’t think that’s conclusive, counselor. | 律师 我不认为这种说法足以令人信服 |
[15:40] | But it is persuasive, Your Honor. | 但很有说服力 法官阁下 |
[15:41] | It has the same images in common, it has the same voice. | 两段录像含有同样的画面和声音 |
[15:45] | “After the Fall” | 《堕落之后》(美国剧作家亚瑟·米勒名作) |
[15:49] | Yeah. Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[15:51] | – I played Maggie in high school. – No… | -我高中的时候演过麦琪 -不会吧 |
[15:54] | – My goodness, that was a tough part. – Um, Nancy. | -天啊 那角色真难拿捏 -呃 克罗泽 |
[15:57] | That’s my daughter. | 照片里是我女儿 |
[15:59] | Yale Drama. | 在耶鲁戏剧学院 |
[16:00] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的呀 -嗯 |
[16:04] | “I been killed by a lot of people, | “曾有很多人试图杀我” |
[16:06] | “some couldn’t hardly spell, but it is the same, mister.” | “有些人连写字都不会 但到头来都一样 先生” |
[16:11] | At my high school, | 我高中那会儿 |
[16:12] | we had to take out all the dirty words. | 我们得把台词中的脏话剔除掉 |
[16:16] | Your Honor… could I have a ruling? | 法官阁下 我们能得出裁定结果了吗 |
[16:21] | You know, it’s funny. | 你知道吗 这很有趣 |
[16:23] | My daughter wanted to play Maggie, | 我女儿最开始也想演麦琪 |
[16:25] | but I think she was a much better Holga. | 但我觉得 她去演霍尔加要合适得多 |
[16:34] | – So, is it an act? – Is what an act? | -你刚刚是在演戏吗 -演什么戏 |
[16:37] | – Why don’t you take the next witness? – Sure. | -下个证人你来吧 -没问题 |
[16:40] | – You’ve worked as a medic at the arena for how long? – Four years. | -你在这个歌厅当医护 多久了 -4年了 |
[16:44] | I’ve been at two dozen raves, | 我经历过数十个锐舞派对 |
[16:46] | but I’ve never seen one as crowded as that. | 但从没见过像这次这么拥挤的 |
[16:49] | That was bad, wasn’t it? | 事情有点不妙 对吗 |
[16:51] | It’s our turn now. | 轮到我们反攻了 |
[16:53] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其它问题了 法官阁下 |
[16:54] | I don’t know much about this rave business. | 我个人对锐舞派对不太了解 |
[16:58] | – It’s like a concert, right? – Yes. | -是不是和音乐会差不多 -对 |
[16:59] | Except with loud music? | 区别在于 震耳欲聋的音乐 |
[17:01] | It’s kind of like trance-like music? | 类似于迷幻音乐? |
[17:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:05] | It sounds kind of repetitive to me. | 这种音乐老是一个调儿 |
[17:07] | But what do I know? I like the Beatles. | 但我也不太懂 反正我喜欢甲壳虫乐队 |
[17:11] | Objection. | 反对 |
[17:12] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[17:14] | Sorry. I will withdraw my musical opinions. | 抱歉 我收回我在音乐上的观点 |
[17:17] | So I’m wondering if you can help me out with something. | 现在我希望你能解答我的一些疑惑 |
[17:22] | What is that… there, on that woman’s necklace? | 这是什么 这儿 这女人项链上戴的 |
[17:27] | Oh. It’s a pacifier. | 哦 是个橡皮奶嘴 |
[17:29] | Like a baby’s pacifier? | 婴儿用的那种橡皮奶嘴? |
[17:34] | Why would someone wear a pacifier to a concert? | 为什么会有人戴橡皮奶嘴去参加派对呢 |
[17:37] | Ecstasy tends to make people grind their teeth, | 摇头丸容易导致磨牙 |
[17:40] | and the pacifier is intended to stop that. | 而橡皮奶嘴可以制止磨牙 |
[17:43] | You’re kidding. | 不会吧 |
[17:46] | I’m always amazed by the things I don’t know in the world. | 我常常为这世上我所不知道的事感到惊愕 |
[17:48] | Objection. | 反对 |
[17:49] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[17:50] | Now, that’s one of the victims there, wearing a pacifier? | 这是被害人之一 戴着个橡皮奶嘴 |
[17:55] | It is. | 是的 |
[17:56] | So one could conclude that that person had taken the drug ecstasy? | 所以这表明这个人吃了摇头丸? |
[18:00] | Yes, but ecstasy tends to calm people. | 对 但摇头丸通常会使人镇静的 |
[18:03] | It doesn’t make them stampede. | 而不会导致踩踏事件 |
[18:04] | It calms them? Like this? | 就让人镇静成这样吗 |
[18:14] | I have no way to diagnose that. | 这种情况我也没法解释 |
[18:16] | Now, in your first aid kit, at the arena, | 你在派对现场的急救包里 |
[18:19] | you have over 50 packs of something called– | 有50多包… |
[18:25] | – Ben… – Benzodiazepines? – Yeah… | -苯… -苯二氮(用作镇静剂) -没错 |
[18:29] | Um, why so much of that? | 为什么带这么多这个 |
[18:30] | It’s helpful in treating PCP. | 它有助于缓解服用五氯酚所带来的症状 |
[18:33] | PCP. That’s another drug. | 五氯酚 又是一种药 |
[18:35] | Is that one also calming? | 这也能让人镇静吗 |
[18:38] | – No. – No, in fact, it’s the opposite. | -不会 -事实上恰恰相反 |
[18:42] | – It makes kids violent. Is that right? – Yes. | -这药会让人狂躁 对吗 -对 |
[18:47] | Now, sometimes, these ecstasy pills are laced with PCP. | 有时 摇头丸中含有一定量的五氯酚 |
[18:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:54] | Oh, my goodness. | 哦 老天 |
[18:56] | I can see how this could happen. | 现在我明白为什么会发生这种事了 |
[19:08] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 |
[19:16] | Good job. | 干得漂亮 |
[19:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:23] | …also expect a delay of 30 to 40 minutes on the Eisenhower Expressway. | …预计艾森豪威尔高速至少要堵上三四十分钟 |
[19:28] | So let’s sit back and enjoy | 所以 就让我们好好享受 |
[19:29] | Jane Jensen’s “Luv Song”. | 来自简·延森的《小情歌》 |
[19:37] | *Hey, here’s a love song for your boyfriend* | *嘿 这是一首为你男友而作的情歌* |
[19:48] | *A love song for your new boyfriend* | *一首写给你新男友的情歌* |
[19:58] | *He’s gotta be cool like James Dean* | *他一定不羁如风* |
[20:01] | *And burn like fire* | *又像烈火般燃烧* |
[20:04] | *He’s sweet like sugar* | *他像蜜糖一样甘甜* |
[20:06] | *Or like custard and desire* | *抑或甜如蛋糕 甜如情欲* |
[20:09] | *Never backs away from a good fight* | *面对大战不要踌躇不前* |
[20:13] | *Oh, yeah, never gets sleepy* | *还有 千万不要犯困* |
[20:16] | *He goes down all night* | *他要陪你战斗一整夜* |
[20:19] | *Love song for your boyfriend* | *这是一首为你男友而作的情歌* |
[20:23] | *Love song for your boyfriend* | *这是一首为你男友而作的情歌* |
[20:36] | What are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么 |
[20:38] | Go report it. | 去举报呀 |
[21:12] | It’s just petty harassment. | 的确是无聊又下作的伎俩 |
[21:14] | You two and Alicia will say | 你们俩和艾丽西娅都会说 |
[21:15] | you didn’t leak Childs’ deposition, | 你们没有泄露查尔兹的庭外取证 |
[21:16] | what can they do, hold their breath? | 他们还能怎么样 继续做无望的期待吗 |
[21:18] | It’s costing us time. | 此事在浪费我们的时间 |
[21:20] | But it’s not costing us clients. | 但没有让我们丢失客户 |
[21:22] | They like it when we get in the face of the State’s Attorney. | 客户们很愿意我们去折磨州检察官 |
[21:25] | Um, are you plus one? | 你要加一席吗 |
[21:26] | Am I…? | 什么 |
[21:27] | For the gala. | 晚宴的事 |
[21:28] | Are you bringing a date? | 你要带女伴来吗 |
[21:30] | I’m arranging the partners’ table. | 我正在安排合伙人的座位 |
[21:32] | Oh, yeah. What is it again? | 哦对 是什么晚宴来着 |
[21:35] | The Cook County Bar Association Fund-raiser Gala. | 库克县律师协会筹款晚宴 |
[21:40] | Right– CCBAFG. | 想起来了 CCBAFG嘛 |
[21:43] | How could I miss it? | 我怎么能错过这个呢 |
[21:45] | Plus one. | 带个女伴 |
[21:46] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:47] | Someone over 25 this time? | 这次这位女士年满25岁了吗 |
[21:49] | Sure, she doesn’t have homework. | 当然了 她可没有家庭作业 |
[21:50] | Derrick? How ’bout you? | 德里克 你呢 |
[21:52] | Plus one? | 带女伴吗 |
[21:56] | No, just myself. | 不用了 就我自己去 |
[22:00] | Oh. Well, that leaves… two seats at our table. | 好吧 那意味着 我们还空余两个位置 |
[22:04] | Which one of the equity partners do you want to drag up? | 你们想把哪个参股合伙人加进来? |
[22:06] | How about the Florricks? | 福瑞克夫妇怎么样 |
[22:12] | Did I say something? | 我说错什么了吗 |
[22:13] | No, it’s just, Alicia’s a second year. | 没有 只是艾丽西娅才来第2年 |
[22:16] | I don’t think we’re inviting associates. | 我们并不邀请这种律师吧 |
[22:17] | Yes, but it would look good to clients | 话虽如此 但如果她丈夫和我们坐在一起 |
[22:20] | to have her husband at our table. | 客户对我们会更有信心吧 |
[22:22] | Yeah. How about it, Will? | 没错 你怎么看 威尔 |
[22:24] | There’s room right here, next to your plus one. | 就在你女伴旁边 有两个空位 |
[22:29] | Look, if I’m stepping on any toes, just… | 听着 如果我冒犯了谁 那就… |
[22:30] | No toes. Sure, great. | 没冒犯谁 挺好的 没问题 |
[22:32] | The Florricks. Go for it. | 就邀请福瑞克夫妇吧 |
[22:41] | This is funny, isn’t it? | 这很有趣 不是吗 |
[22:43] | All these connections. | 这些藕断丝连的事 |
[22:46] | My old workplace, my old boss, my old coworker… | 我的旧公司 旧老板 旧同事 |
[22:49] | and my new boss competing with your husband. | 而我的新老板正在和你丈夫竞选 |
[22:53] | And then there’s you two and… | 还有你们两个… |
[22:56] | your thing. | 你俩之间的事 |
[22:57] | Chicago. | 芝加哥嘛 |
[22:59] | Shall we start? | 可以开始了吧 |
[23:00] | Yeah. | 是 |
[23:04] | So, Mrs. Florrick… | 福瑞克太太 |
[23:06] | did you leak the deposition you conducted with Mr. Childs? | 你有没有泄露对查尔兹先生的庭外取证 |
[23:09] | No. | 没有 |
[23:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[23:12] | So we’re done here. | 那我们完事儿了吧 |
[23:16] | Did you tell your husband | 你有没有跟你丈夫提过 |
[23:18] | about Mr. Childs’ deposition? | 查尔兹先生的庭外取证的事 |
[23:19] | No. | 没有 |
[23:20] | And is it fair to say | 是不是可以说 |
[23:22] | that you never leaked | 你从没向你丈夫 |
[23:24] | confidential information to your husband? | 透露过任何保密信息 |
[23:26] | It is. | 确实如此 |
[23:27] | Good, because that would be a disbarrable offense. | 很好 因为那足以取消你的律师资格 |
[23:31] | And is it also fair to say that you never | 是不是也可以说你从没 |
[23:34] | discuss confidential trial information with your husband? | 跟你老公讨论过保密庭审的内容 |
[23:38] | It is. | 是的 |
[23:42] | Good. | 很好 |
[23:58] | There it is. | 进入主题 |
[23:59] | So, last year, September 2009, when you first started here | 去年 2009年9月 你刚进入这个律所 |
[24:04] | at Lockhart & Gardner, was your first case | 接的第一宗案子 |
[24:06] | a pro bono murder trial involving a supposed carjacking? | 给所谓伪装成汽车劫案的谋杀案提供法律援助 |
[24:10] | Yes. | 对 |
[24:11] | And in this trial, you presented evidence that the Chicago PD | 在那次庭审中 你呈递证据证明芝加哥警方 |
[24:14] | pitted– or buried– evidence, is that right? | 埋没或掩盖了证据 对不对 |
[24:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:19] | Where’d you get this information? | 你从哪儿得到这个信息的 |
[24:26] | Objection, Cary. | 反对 凯里 |
[24:28] | What does this have to do with the leaked deposition? | 这和泄露庭外采证的事情有什么关系 |
[24:31] | Mrs. Florrick has claimed that she and her husband | 福瑞克太太声称她从没和丈夫 |
[24:34] | never discuss confidential trial information. | 讨论过保密庭审的内容 |
[24:36] | That wasn’t a confidential trial. | 那不是保密庭审 |
[24:37] | Perfect. Then she shouldn’t mind answering. | 很好 那她该不介意回答这个问题 |
[24:42] | I’m going to request a recess on this. | 我要求暂停一下 |
[24:43] | I want to review the law on this situation. | 我要重新看看这种情况下适用的法律 |
[24:46] | Yeah, sure. | 应该的 |
[24:47] | The law– that’s what you want to review. | 法律 你得重新看一下 |
[24:55] | Okay. Talk to me. | 好了 说吧 |
[25:00] | I… | 我… |
[25:03] | We have attorney-client privilege, Alicia. | 我们有律师-当事人保密特权 艾丽西娅 |
[25:05] | Talk to me. | 告诉我 |
[25:07] | Peter told me there was pitted evidence. | 彼得告诉我有些证据被掩盖了 |
[25:12] | But I pursued it myself; | 但 是我自己追查线索的 |
[25:14] | I found the pitted evidence myself. | 我自己找到了那个被掩盖的证据 |
[25:16] | But you only pursued it because Peter pointed you there. | 但 是彼得指出来后你才追查的 |
[25:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:26] | Did you solicit this information? | 是你请求他告诉你的吗 |
[25:28] | No. | 不是 |
[25:29] | Then it’s a passive breach. | 那么这属于被动违约 |
[25:30] | He broke confidentiality; you didn’t. | 他违反了保密原则 你没有 |
[25:32] | Yes, but he was only trying to help me. | 是的 但是他是为了帮我 |
[25:33] | I see that, but that doesn’t matter. | 我知道 但是那些无关紧要 |
[25:35] | He broke confidentiality. | 他违反了保密原则 |
[25:36] | Will… | 威尔 |
[25:37] | – This is a fishing expedition. – Of course it is. | -他这是钓鱼式盘问 -当然 |
[25:41] | But at least you know you’re not the target; Peter is. | 但至少我们知道目标不是你 是彼得 |
[25:43] | I can’t hurt him. | 我不能让他受伤害 |
[25:46] | He was trying to help me. | 他是为了帮我 |
[25:49] | Alicia, listen to me. | 艾丽西娅 听我说 |
[25:52] | You’re a lawyer. | 你是个律师 |
[25:53] | Under oath, you have to tell the truth. | 只要宣誓 你就必须说出真相 |
[25:56] | This isn’t just about you. | 这不仅仅关系到你 |
[26:00] | This is about the firm, too. | 也关系到律所 |
[26:18] | Okay, what? | 说吧 什么事 |
[26:19] | There’s gonna be a third candidate. | 会有第三竞选人出现了 |
[26:22] | Who? | 谁 |
[26:24] | First off, lay off Alicia. | 首先 别动艾丽西娅 |
[26:27] | Okay, Peter, you know your mistake– | 得了 彼得 你知道自己错在哪儿 |
[26:31] | never show your opponent your weak flank. | 不要向对手暴露软肋 |
[26:34] | Well, we both have weak flanks; | 我们都有软肋 |
[26:36] | and the person that leaked your depo was trying to weaken us both. | 泄露你证词的人 目的是同时打压咱俩 |
[26:40] | Your mysterious third candidate? | 就是你说的神秘的第三候选人? |
[26:42] | Presiding Judge Adler. | 首席法官阿德勒 |
[26:45] | That might prove a bit difficult. | 那恐怕有点困难 |
[26:47] | Not after she retires. | 她退休后就有可能了 |
[26:51] | Now, when I was in office, | 我在任时 |
[26:53] | I investigated her for judicial bribes. | 就司法贿赂调查过她 |
[26:56] | So use it, Peter. | 那就动手吧 彼得 |
[26:58] | Why do you need me? | 拉上我干什么 |
[26:59] | Well, my guess is that you have more. | 我猜她有更多把柄在你手上 |
[27:08] | Thanks for answering a few more questions, Mr. Dylan. | 烦请你继续回答我几个问题 迪伦先生 |
[27:10] | I’m sorry to have to ask you this, | 我很抱歉不得不问这个问题 |
[27:13] | but did you drop ecstasy the night of the stampede? | 在踩踏事件那晚 你有没有吃摇头丸 |
[27:17] | Yes. | 有 |
[27:19] | And your fiancee Juliette, did she? | 你未婚妻朱丽叶 她吃了吗 |
[27:24] | I’m sorry, but I have to ask. | 很抱歉 但我不得不问 |
[27:27] | No… you don’t. | 不 你大可不必 |
[27:28] | You don’t have to ask anything. | 你根本没必要问任何事 |
[27:31] | You’re trying to blame me. | 你是想把责任推到我身上 |
[27:32] | No, I’m trying… | 不 我是想… |
[27:33] | I saw her die. | 我眼眼睁睁地看着她死去 |
[27:35] | I saw… | 我看着… |
[27:38] | She was the best thing that ever happened to me, | 遇到她是我这辈子最幸福的事 |
[27:40] | and I saw her crushed. | 而我眼睁睁看着她被压死 |
[27:48] | Any more questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[27:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:02] | Just one from me, Your Honor. | 我说一句 法官阁下 |
[28:05] | Oh, go on. | 请便 |
[28:06] | I’m sorry, Paul… | 我非常抱歉 迪伦 |
[28:08] | if my co-counsel’s efforts to protect Mr. Berlin | 如果我的协理律师为了保护柏林先生 |
[28:12] | have hurt you in any way. | 而对你造成了伤害 请你谅解 |
[28:16] | Don’t ever do that. | 你怎么能那么做 |
[28:17] | Oh, you were turning off the jury. | 你让我们在陪审团那里丢分了 |
[28:19] | You don’t undercut your co-counsel! | 你不能拆你协理律师的台 |
[28:21] | You didn’t see them. | 你没看见陪审团那副样子 |
[28:22] | You know what this is. | 你的目的很明显 |
[28:23] | You know we’re going to lose, | 你知道我们要输了 |
[28:25] | and you want my client to take the brunt of the award. | 所以你希望我的当事人承担主要责任 |
[28:27] | That’s silly. | 哪挨哪啊 |
[28:28] | Do not pick a battle with me, lady; | 别惹我 女士 |
[28:30] | not in the mood I’m in. | 我现在已经很不爽了 |
[28:33] | Well, let’s see who wins. | 那就看看谁是最后的赢家 |
[28:50] | You have my credit card receipt? | 你拿走了我信用卡的收据? |
[28:51] | I need it to, uh, return the rental car. | 我要用来 还租来的车子 |
[28:58] | So… how do I escalate this? | 接下来 我该怎样把战斗升级 |
[29:02] | Any way you want, scout. | 随你的便 大侦探 |
[29:05] | I’m game. | 我奉陪 |
[29:07] | I looked into your background, uh, Kalinda. | 我调查过你的背景 凯琳达 |
[29:08] | The, uh, Menlo Park childhood, | 童年在孟罗公园度过 |
[29:10] | the nice suburban home, | 在郊区有很温馨的家 |
[29:11] | the immigrant parents. | 父母是移民 |
[29:12] | It doesn’t exist. | 都是假的 |
[29:17] | And you seem to have a past history with Will Gardner. | 而你似乎和威尔·加德纳颇有渊源 |
[29:22] | We’ve both been busy. | 看来我们都没闲着 |
[29:24] | .357, huh? | 点357 对吧 |
[29:26] | It’s… it’s kind of a big and sloppy gun. | 是一种笨重粗糙的枪 |
[29:28] | You-You butchering deer or… compensating for something? | 你用来猎鹿或补偿什么? |
[29:35] | You want to find out? | 你想知道吗 |
[29:41] | What, is that too close? | 怎么 是不是太靠近了 |
[29:45] | How about this? | 要不这样 |
[29:47] | Or this? | 或者这样 |
[29:53] | It’s a little ham-fisted, don’t you think? | 你不认为这样有点愚蠢吗 |
[29:55] | Using sex? | 利用性? |
[29:56] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[29:59] | Let me feel. | 让我感受下 |
[30:08] | Yeah, you’re right. | 你是对的 |
[30:10] | Feels very ham-fisted. | 这的确非常愚蠢 |
[30:18] | Take care. | 保重 |
[30:33] | Yeah, it was horrible. | 的确 很可怕 |
[30:35] | Next day, the walls were crushed, had to be re-drywalled. | 第二天发现 墙都挤坏了 不得不重砌 |
[30:37] | Which doorway was it? | 案发时用的哪个出口? |
[30:39] | The one that opened? | 你是说打开的哪扇门? |
[30:40] | Over there. | 就在那儿 |
[30:42] | But this wasn’t like this, though, right? | 但当时不是这样的 对吧 |
[30:44] | The stage? No. The stage slides. | 舞台? 对 舞台是可移动的 |
[30:45] | They wanted more room, so they slid it over. | 他们想要更多的空间 所以挪了位置 |
[30:48] | That’s where it happened. | 那就是案发地点 |
[30:51] | Weird, huh? | 很阴森吧 |
[30:52] | Five kids died right here. | 5个孩子就在这里死了 |
[30:54] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[30:55] | The skids. | 垫木 |
[31:00] | Holds the stage in place. | 用来固定舞台的 |
[31:02] | This looks new. | 这看上去还很新 |
[31:04] | Was it recently replaced? | 是不是最近才换的 |
[31:06] | Yeah. It didn’t have a cover that night. | 是的 那晚这里没盖着 |
[31:13] | This could be the reason why people tripped. | 这也许就是人们跌倒的原因 |
[31:17] | Who moved the stage? | 谁把舞台给移走了 |
[31:19] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:20] | I didn’t work that night. | 那晚我没来上班 |
[31:22] | I’d talk to Rich, | 我可以去问问里奇 |
[31:22] | but he doesn’t work here anymore. | 但他已经不在这里工作了 |
[31:24] | They did a sweep about a month ago. | 一个月前他们刚把这里扫荡了一遍 |
[31:25] | Sweep? | 扫荡? |
[31:26] | Immigration? | 移民局? |
[31:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:30] | Do you have his number? | 你有他的电话吗 |
[31:39] | So I imagine you had a chance to review the law. | 我想你已经查阅了相关法律 |
[31:44] | I did. | 是的 |
[31:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:47] | So shall we just pick up right where we left off? | 那我们可以接着来了吧? |
[31:50] | It’s your rodeo. | 你说了算 |
[31:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:54] | We, uh, were discussing your first case here, Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 上次谈到你在这儿的第一个案子 |
[31:58] | A murder case. | 一个谋杀案 |
[32:00] | And I asked you– | 当时我问你 |
[32:01] | let’s see– quote: | 原话是 |
[32:02] | “You presented evidence that the Chicago PD had pitted– | “你呈递证据证明芝加哥警方” |
[32:07] | “or buried– evidence, is that right”” | “埋没或掩盖了证据 对不对” |
[32:10] | And you said, | 你回答说 |
[32:11] | “Yes.” | “是的” |
[32:16] | And I asked, “Where did you get this information?” | 然后我问 “你从哪儿得到这个信息的” |
[32:21] | So… can you answer that? | 那么 你能回答一下吗 |
[32:24] | I can. | 能 |
[32:25] | Please do so now. | 那现在就回答吧 |
[32:27] | I got the information from the original discovery. | 我是从原始的信息披露中发现的 |
[32:30] | I found a page missing in the defense’s xerox. | 我发现被告的复印文件缺了一页 |
[32:35] | You do know you’re under oath? | 你知道你是宣誓过的吧 |
[32:38] | I do. | 我知道 |
[32:39] | Before you discovered the missing page in the discovery, | 在你发现文件少了一页之前 |
[32:43] | did anyone else tell you about the pitted evidence? | 有没有人告诉你关于证据被掩埋的信息 |
[32:52] | No. | 别回答 |
[32:53] | I think I’ll object to that. | 我对此提出反对 |
[32:55] | Object to what? | 反对什么 |
[32:56] | This line of questioning. | 这问得有问题 |
[32:57] | This line of questioning is on point, Mr. Gardner. | 这问得恰到好处 加德纳先生 |
[33:00] | It goes to confirm or rebut | 回答之 便可确认 |
[33:02] | Mrs. Florrick’s assertion | 福瑞克太太所称的 |
[33:03] | that she and her husband never discussed confidential trial information. | 她与丈夫从未讨论过保密庭审信息 是否为真 |
[33:06] | No. But nice try. | 你想法不错 但不行 |
[33:08] | – Then let’s call the judge. – Good. Let’s call him. | -那我们就找法官来判断 -好 去找啊 |
[33:10] | – Well, he’ll side with me. – He probably will. | -法官会站在我这边的 -很可能会 |
[33:12] | He’ll also allow me to haul Mr. Childs in for questioning. | 他同时也会同意我叫查尔兹来接受盘问 |
[33:14] | Mr. Childs welcomes a full airing on this matter. | 查尔兹先生不介意此事公布于众 |
[33:16] | My guess is he won’t welcome | 但如果就我所掌握的第一手信息 |
[33:18] | a full airing on a matter I have first-hand knowledge of, | 让他在宣誓后接受盘问 并公布于众 |
[33:21] | and intend to question him about, under oath. | 我猜他会介意的 |
[33:34] | And what matter is that? | 那是什么事 |
[33:36] | Something that’ll hurt him | 会危害到他的事 |
[33:37] | a hell of a lot more than this’ll hurt Peter. | 危害程度 远超过本次盘问对彼得的危害 |
[33:41] | I wish when people threatened, they actually used words. | 你要是想威胁 不妨把话挑明了 |
[33:45] | I’ll guarantee you this, Cary: | 我向你保证 凯里 |
[33:48] | When you go back to your boss and report what we just discussed, | 当你把我们所讨论的事告诉你老板 |
[33:54] | he’ll be relieved we didn’t use words. | 他会很庆幸我们没有挑明 |
[34:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:24] | Will, I… | 威尔 我… |
[34:26] | I just hated how he was doing that… that’s all. | 我只是痛恨他那样做 仅此而已 |
[34:34] | We’re invited to the gala tomorrow night. | 我们被邀请去明天的晚宴 |
[34:36] | Would you like me not to go? | 你希望我别去吗 |
[34:39] | No. It’ll be fun. Go. | 不 会很有趣 去吧 |
[34:54] | I need you to talk to someone for me. | 我需要你帮我去和某人说个事 |
[34:56] | Who? | 谁 |
[34:58] | Victoria Adler. | 维多利亚·阿德勒 |
[34:59] | The presiding judge? | 首席法官? |
[35:01] | I was made to understand you were friends. | 我听说你们是朋友 |
[35:03] | Well… we were. | 曾经是 |
[35:05] | Oh. Not anymore? | 现在不是了? |
[35:08] | She asked me to run for a judgeship. | 她曾让我去竞选法官 |
[35:11] | Then she asked me not to. | 然后又让我别去 |
[35:16] | We believe that she’s going to use | 我们相信她准备在明晚的 |
[35:17] | her keynote speech tomorrow night to announce her candidacy. | 主题演讲上宣布她准备参加竞选 |
[35:20] | For what? | 什么竞选 |
[35:22] | State’s Attorney. | 州检察官 |
[35:24] | So excuse the irony, but we need you to ask her not to run. | 更讽刺的是 我们需要你去让她不要参选 |
[35:33] | Thank you, Cook County Bar Association for this acknowledgment. | 感谢库克县律师协会对我的认可 |
[35:38] | And thank you for that overwhelming introduction. | 感谢你们对我的推崇备至 |
[35:41] | Vicky. | 阿德勒 |
[35:42] | Do you have a minute? | 有空吗 |
[35:45] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[35:47] | The reasons not to run. | 别去参选的原因 |
[35:49] | Who put you up to this? | 是谁派你来的 |
[35:52] | -Does it matter? – It does to me. | -这重要吗 -我认为很重要 |
[35:55] | You and I want a women candidate, Vicky. But you’re not it. | 你我都希望有女性候选人 但你 不合适 |
[35:58] | Let’s find someone in four years. | 我们4年后再找一个合适人选吧 |
[36:01] | So this is dirt? On me? | 那么 这里是关于我的丑闻? |
[36:03] | You run, you’ll set us back ten years. | 你参选 会让女性的当选机会倒退十年 |
[36:05] | They’ll say it’s because it’s a woman, and not because… | 他们会说这是因为你是女人 而不是因为… |
[36:09] | I’m corrupt? | 我腐败? |
[36:15] | So, how does this work? | 那接下来该怎么样 |
[36:17] | I promise not to run and this stuff goes away? | 我承诺不参选 然后丑闻不再提? |
[36:19] | Probably something like that. | 是这么个意思 |
[36:20] | You’re enjoying this, aren’t you? | 你很开心这样 对吧 |
[36:23] | We’ve had our difficulties, but… | 我们的确有分歧 但是… |
[36:26] | I am not enjoying this. | 我并不开心这样 |
[36:30] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[36:32] | I promise not to run. | 我承诺不参选 |
[36:40] | – What’s up? – I found him. | -怎么了 -我找到他了 |
[36:43] | I know that’s supposed to mean something to me… | 你具体解释下 |
[36:46] | Sorry. Rich Salazar. | 对不起 里奇·萨拉扎尔 |
[36:48] | He was with the arena. Maintenance. | 他当时在歌厅负责设备维护 |
[36:50] | He helped move the stage to the center of the arena, | 他帮助把舞台移到了歌厅中央 |
[36:53] | exposing these. | 导致了这些暴露在外 |
[36:55] | Security was supposed to have covered them with plywood, | 保安本该用胶合板把它们盖上 |
[36:56] | but they thought nobody would come through that door. | 但他们觉得没人会从那个门走 |
[36:59] | And that’s what tripped people? | 就是这东西绊倒了人们? |
[37:00] | Yeah. Afterwards, client security covered them, | 对 随后 在警察抵达之前 |
[37:03] | before the cops got there. | 保安公司把这些盖上了 |
[37:06] | Security covered them? | 保安把这些盖上了 |
[37:08] | And he will testify to that? | 他愿意出庭作证吗 |
[37:09] | He will. | 愿意 |
[37:10] | – Oh… – What? | -可是 -怎么啦 |
[37:13] | The joint defense agreement. | 共同代理协议 |
[37:15] | I’ve got to get Crozier to approve | 要让他出庭作证 |
[37:16] | before putting him on the stand. | 我必须征得克罗泽同意 |
[37:19] | And she won’t approve, because it’ll make her client look guilty. | 但她不会同意 因为这对她的当事人不利 |
[37:21] | Wait a minute– you don’t need Crozier’s approval; | 等等 不必征得克罗泽同意 |
[37:25] | you need your co-counsel’s approval. | 而应征得你的协理律师同意 |
[37:27] | Yeah, but… | 是的 可是… |
[37:30] | Mr. Baylon, how are you doing? | 拜伦先生 你现在情况怎么样 |
[37:36] | This is Kalinda Sharma; she’s here to witness | 这是凯琳达·夏尔马 她将见证 |
[37:39] | your approval of my adding a new witness. | 你同意我引进一名新的证人 |
[37:44] | Rich Salazar. | 证人名叫里奇·萨拉扎尔 |
[37:46] | He was a custodian at the arena. | 他是歌厅的管理员 |
[37:49] | Do you approve, sir? | 你同意吗 先生 |
[37:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:57] | Thank you, Mr. Baylon. | 谢谢你 拜伦先生 |
[37:59] | And have a… a good recovery. | 祝你… 尽快康复 |
[38:02] | Mr. Rich Salazar. | 里奇·萨拉扎尔先生 |
[38:06] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[38:07] | I was not informed of this witness. | 没人通知我 有这个证人出庭 |
[38:09] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[38:10] | He was with arena maintenance | 他当时负责歌厅设备维护 |
[38:12] | and will testify to certain acts by the security team. | 将对保安人员的一些行为作证 |
[38:14] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[38:15] | New strategy. | 新策略 |
[38:17] | I’m sorry, Your Honor; we have a joint defense agreement. | 抱歉 法官阁下 根据共同代理协议 |
[38:19] | We both need to approve of this witness. | 只有双方同意 证人才能出庭 |
[38:22] | And I didn’t. | 我不曾同意 |
[38:23] | I… I don’t. | 我… 我不同意 |
[38:25] | No, my joint defense agreement is with Mr. Baylon. | 不 我的共同代理协议是与拜伦先生签的 |
[38:28] | And he consented in your stead. | 他代你表示了同意 |
[38:30] | Here’s the affidavit. | 这是宣誓书 |
[38:36] | This all looks in order, Miss Crozier. | 看来一切都合乎程序啊 克罗泽小姐 |
[38:40] | Anything else? | 还有别的问题吗 |
[38:41] | No, not at the moment. | 没有了 目前没有了 |
[38:42] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[38:52] | Praise the struggling worker. | 赞美那勤劳的工人 |
[38:54] | The sounds of their trucks. | 这是他们卡车开动的声音 |
[39:00] | Ahoogha. The horn. | 还有喇叭声 |
[39:03] | God bless the horn. | 上帝赐福那喇叭 |
[39:09] | Praise the sound of the foundry. | 赞美那铸造的声音 |
[39:13] | Why’re you so nervous? | 你干嘛这么紧张 |
[39:15] | I’m not nervous. | 我没紧张 |
[39:17] | Want me to discuss Derrek Lee’s free agency again? | 要不我来说说德瑞克·李自由转会的事情? |
[39:20] | You know how that turns me on. | 你知道这话题最能让我兴奋了 |
[39:25] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[39:26] | One of those two guys is going to be the next state’s attorney. | 那两人中会有一个 成为下任州检察官 |
[39:31] | Really? They seem like friends. | 是吗 他俩看起来像是朋友 |
[39:33] | Yep. Politics. | 是啊 政治嘛 |
[39:35] | I hate politics. | 我讨厌政治 |
[39:37] | I love that about you. | 我就喜欢你这一点 |
[39:40] | I… hate… politics. | 我… 讨厌… 政治 |
[39:44] | Politics. Hate. | 政治 讨厌 |
[39:54] | Praise the child digging in the sand, | 赞美那玩沙的孩子 |
[39:57] | singing her song: | 唱着她的歌 |
[39:59] | “I am a little teapot short and stout, | “我是一把小茶壶 矮矮胖胖” |
[40:03] | here is my handle and here is my spout.” | “这是我的壶柄 这是我的壶嘴” |
[40:06] | In her words, she sings the song… | 用自己的话 唱着她自己的歌 |
[40:09] | Well, we’re really up front, aren’t we? | 我们的位置可真是靠前呐 |
[40:13] | Table three. | 3号桌 |
[40:14] | You look good. | 你看起来不错 |
[40:16] | You, too. Grownup clothes. | 你也是 成熟的服装 |
[40:19] | Oop, sorry. This is Tamara. | 抱歉 这是塔玛拉 |
[40:22] | Ta… Tammy. | 塔米 |
[40:24] | Hi. Alicia. | 你好 我叫艾丽西娅 |
[40:27] | I need some wine. | 我要喝点酒 |
[40:29] | Did you get the verdict? | 那案子判了吗 |
[40:30] | – We did. – And? | -判了 -结果如何 |
[40:32] | Three million dollars. | 三百万赔偿金 |
[40:34] | We pay two, | 我们付二 |
[40:36] | the co-defendant pays the rest. | 剩下的由共同被告承担 |
[40:37] | – Two million? – No. | -二百万? -不 |
[40:39] | Two dollars. | 二美元 |
[40:40] | You’re kidding. | 你一定是开玩笑 |
[40:41] | The price of the filing. | 是文件归档费 |
[40:46] | Lawyers. I don’t get lawyers. | 律师 我真搞不懂律师这行当 |
[40:47] | They seem to always want to trick people. | 看起来总是坑蒙拐骗 |
[40:50] | – Tamara’s a reporter. – The Sporting News. | -塔玛拉是个记者 -做体育新闻的 |
[40:52] | We sit and wait for a bus. | 我们坐着等巴士 |
[40:56] | Hush-hush. Here it comes. | 车来了 |
[40:58] | Here it comes. | 车来了 |
[41:07] | Thank you, Nana. | 谢谢你 娜娜 |
[41:09] | And welcome. What a year it’s been. | 欢迎各位光临 这一年真是精彩 |
[41:10] | There you are. | 你来啦 |
[41:12] | – I was wondering what happened to you. – Late verdict. | -我刚还在想你怎么样了 -判决给得迟 |
[41:14] | – Good verdict? – Yes. | -但给得好? -是的 |
[41:16] | Let’s celebrate. | 庆祝一下 |
[41:18] | …women’s causes for decades. | …为女性事业奋斗了几十年 |
[41:20] | She is without a doubt my mentor. | 毫无疑问 她是我的良师益友 |
[41:22] | Victoria. | 阿德勒 |
[41:26] | – You’re happy. – Yep. | -你很高兴啊 -是的 |
[41:29] | Kept a third candidate out of the race. | 把第三候选人拒之门外了 |
[41:32] | Thank you, Cook County Bar Association for this acknowledgement, | 谢谢库克县律师协会对我的认可 |
[41:35] | and thank you, Diane, for that overwhelming introduction. | 也谢谢戴安对我的推崇备至 |
[41:40] | I know you share this sentiment: | 我知道 大家都有这样的感觉 |
[41:41] | that women have far too long found themselves | 很久以来 女性在芝加哥法律界 |
[41:44] | the afterthought in Chicago jurisprudence. | 一直处于次要的地位 |
[41:48] | Always we hear the same thing: four more years, | 我们总是听着相同的说辞 再等4年 |
[41:51] | four more years. | 再等4年 |
[41:53] | But it is not the four more years of re-election; | 但这次 不是故人再次当选的4年 |
[41:55] | it is the four more years of “Just wait…” | 这4年的含义是 耐心等待… |
[41:57] | Oh, no… | 糟糕… |
[41:58] | “Then it will be your turn.” | 然后便轮到你了 |
[42:02] | And so, tonight, I am pleased to announce | 因此 今晚 我很高兴地宣布 |
[42:05] | a new candidate in the race for state’s attorney. | 州检察官的职位又多了一位新候选人 |
[42:09] | I mean no disrespect to the two other current candidates– | 我无意冒犯目前的两位候选人 |
[42:12] | both here and both capable– | 他们都在场 也都很能干 |
[42:15] | but every now and then, you need a woman to clean house. | 但有时 你需要个女人来”打扫屋子” |
[42:22] | And that woman is… Wendy Scott-Carr. | 这个女人就是… 温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[42:30] | Time to clean house. | 是”打扫屋子”的时候了 |
[42:38] | She was in the deposition. She leaked it. | 查尔兹庭外取证时她在场 是她泄露的 |
[42:43] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢大家 |
[42:45] | My mother and my grandmother were housecleaners, | 我的母亲和外婆都是清洁工 |
[42:47] | so I guess I can continue the tradition. | 所以我想我可以发扬这个传统 |
[42:50] | Who’s Wendy Scott-Carr? | 温迪·斯科尔-卡尔是谁 |