时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I guess you’re putting in a lot of hours with Will. | 看来你和威尔是经常在一起的 |
[00:06] | You’re right. I don’t have a plan. Let’s just drop this, okay? | 对 我没什么办法 我们这事就这么算了吧 |
[00:10] | He told me to drop it. | 他跟我说算了 |
[00:12] | Anything said in voicemail doesn’t count. | 语音信箱里的留言可不能作数 |
[00:15] | Tonight I would like to announce | 今晚 我很高兴地宣布 |
[00:16] | a new candidate for state’s attorney. | 州检察官又多了一位新候选人 |
[00:19] | Wendy Scott-Carr. | 温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[00:22] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[00:24] | I-I don’t want to take up a lot of your time. I just, um… | 我不想占用各位太多时间 |
[00:27] | I could say that I was running because of some grand ideals, | 我可以说 我参选是出于一些伟大的理想 |
[00:32] | but, um, it’s really… | 但是 实际上… |
[00:36] | It’s about a fountain. | 只是因为一座喷泉 |
[00:38] | I have two daughters, | 我有两个女儿 |
[00:39] | and there was this fountain near the courthouse that I used to love, | 在法院旁边 曾有一座我很喜欢的喷泉 |
[00:44] | so I took them to see it, | 于是我带她们去看 |
[00:46] | and, uh, it wasn’t running. | 而喷泉却已经停了 |
[00:48] | Who’s Wendy Scott-Carr? | 温迪·斯科特-卡尔是谁 |
[00:49] | So, I went to maintenance… | 于是我去了后勤处 |
[00:50] | No, I know that. What else? | 我知道这个 还有别的吗 |
[00:52] | …but they said that the contractor | 而他们却说承包商与一位市议员 |
[00:55] | had an exclusive deal with an alderman, | 有着独家合同 |
[00:58] | and he told me that there were no more funds available… | 市议员告诉我没有可用的资金了 |
[01:01] | We need to check on our endorsements. | 我们得核查一下我们的支持者了 |
[01:03] | …the money had disappeared… | 这笔钱不见了 |
[01:04] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[01:05] | Civil Action Bureau, low level. | 民事诉讼局 级别很低 |
[01:07] | Oh. Her grandad was at Selma. | 她爷爷参加过塞尔玛市60年代的黑人民权运动 |
[01:10] | How do you cut through the layers of corruption? | 如何才能破除层层腐败 |
[01:12] | How do we get the fountain working again? | 如何才能让喷泉重新焕发生机 |
[01:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:19] | The Tribune’s over there. | 《芝加哥论坛报》的人在那边 |
[01:21] | Come on, let’s do a drop-by quote. | 咱们去顺便评论两句 |
[01:26] | And now, as dinner is served, Steppenwolf Theatre will entertain us | 餐都上齐了 荒狼剧院将为我们献上 |
[01:31] | with scenes from their hit play, The Cow With No Country. | 他们的热剧《牛无所依》的节选 |
[01:42] | Three-pointer. | 三分球 |
[01:43] | Who, Derrick Rose? | 谁进的 德里克·罗斯? |
[01:45] | Bulls up by eight. | 公牛队领先八分 |
[01:52] | Moo-Cow, come back! | 哞哞 快回来 |
[01:54] | You’re the best moo-cow in the whole world, and I love you. | 你是世上最棒的牛 我爱你 |
[02:01] | You’re not just a cow. | 你不仅是头牛 |
[02:03] | You’re my best friend, Moo-Cow. | 你还是我最好的朋友 哞哞 |
[02:05] | Good stuff. | 演得好啊 |
[02:09] | So how do you know Will? | 你是怎么认识威尔的 |
[02:10] | My sister. She used to date him. | 我姐姐跟他约会过 |
[02:12] | – Really? – Okay. | -真的吗 -好了 |
[02:14] | He broke her heart. It was devastating. | 他伤透了她的心 彻底的 |
[02:16] | We don’t really need to go there. | 真没必要说这个 |
[02:18] | Now we have to go there. | 看来是不得不说了 |
[02:19] | She took 20 aspirin. | 她服了20片阿司匹林 |
[02:21] | We had to get her stomach pumped. | 我们不得不带她去洗胃 |
[02:23] | She’s making this up. | 她纯粹是在瞎编 |
[02:25] | Will came home from college and told her it was over. | 威尔从大学回家来 告诉她一切都结束了 |
[02:28] | He’d fallen in love with somebody else. | 他爱上了别的人 |
[02:30] | – So you’re here for revenge? – Yup. | -那么你是来复仇的了? -正是 |
[02:32] | My sister’s avenging angel. | 我是我姐姐的复仇天使 |
[02:34] | Going to date him and break his heart. | 和他约会 然后伤透他的心 |
[02:36] | I’ll toy with him first. | 我要先好好玩弄他一下 |
[02:38] | Make him think his jokes are funny. | 让他自以为很幽默 |
[02:40] | My jokes aren’t funny? | 我的笑话不好笑吗 |
[02:43] | Please don’t take Moo-Cow to the front lines. Please! | 求你们别带哞哞去前线 求你们了 |
[02:47] | I’ll find you, Moo. I’ll end this, and I’ll find you. | 我会找到你的 哞哞 了结这一切 |
[02:52] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打搅了 |
[02:55] | What is it? | 出了什么事 |
[02:56] | There’s someone at the office who needs to speak to you. | 办公室来了个人要和你谈谈 |
[02:58] | Your phone was off. | 而你关机了 |
[02:59] | – Who, a client? – No. | -谁啊 客户吗 -不是 |
[03:01] | Uh, she says she was just sexually assaulted. | 她说她刚刚被性侵犯了 |
[03:04] | – Did she go to the police? – Yes. | -她去报警了吗 -是的 |
[03:06] | They refused to prosecute. | 警方不接这案子 |
[03:07] | – Did she have a rape kit administered? – No. It’s not… | -她接受强奸测试了吗 -没有 那不… |
[03:10] | It’s inappropriate contact. | 没有性行为 只是性接触 |
[03:14] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那么… |
[03:16] | take her name and number, and I’ll phone her tomorrow. | 记下她的名字和电话 明天我给她回电 |
[03:19] | Actually, I really think you want to come talk to her now. | 说实话 我真觉得你会愿意现在就见她 |
[03:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:24] | Because of the person she said did it. | 因为她所称的性侵者大有来头 |
[03:30] | – And you believe her? – Enough. | -你相信她? -非常相信 |
[03:31] | His leg is broken. We’ll have to put him out of his misery. | 它的腿断了 我们给它个解脱吧 |
[03:35] | Um, excuse me. I’m just… | 抱歉 我只是… |
[03:36] | I’m gonna run across the street for a minute. | 我得回律所一趟 反正就在对面 |
[03:38] | Is everything all right? | 没出什么事吧 |
[03:39] | Oh, yes. Can you just let Peter know I’ll be right back? | 没事 麻烦你和彼得说一声我很快回来 |
[03:42] | I’ve been wandering for weeks. | 我已经找了你好几周 |
[03:44] | My ears. I can’t hear. | 我的耳朵 已经听不见了 |
[03:48] | Where are you, Moo-Cow? | 哞哞 你在哪 |
[03:50] | Are you there? | 你在吗 |
[03:52] | Are you there?! | 你在吗 |
[03:59] | Hello. Miss White, is it? | 你好 怀特小姐 是吗 |
[04:02] | Yes. Hi. | 是的 你好 |
[04:04] | Wow, it is you, isn’t it? | 你就是艾丽西娅 是吧 |
[04:06] | – They said that you worked here. – Yes. | -他们说你在这儿工作 -是啊 |
[04:08] | Um, so I’ve been filled in on your… issue, | 我刚听说了你的事儿 |
[04:12] | and I just want to make sure… | 我只是想确认一下 |
[04:15] | Actually, could you tell me where this assault took place? | 你能告诉我性侵犯发生在什么地方吗 |
[04:17] | In his hotel room. | 在他宾馆的房间里 |
[04:19] | – Oh. You were visiting him? – Yes. | -你去拜访他? -是的 |
[04:22] | Uh, no. | 哦 不对 |
[04:24] | The hotel sent me. | 宾馆派我去的 |
[04:25] | – I’m a LMT. – A…? | -我是个LMT -是什么 |
[04:28] | A licensed massage therapist. | 注册按摩师 |
[04:34] | Uh, I was giving him a massage. | 我在给他按摩 |
[04:38] | Okay, I know that this sounds nuts. | 尽管听上去很傻气 |
[04:41] | Um, I like him. I do. | 我喜欢他 真的 |
[04:43] | I mean, what he does in Africa on account of women. | 他在非洲为女性做了那么多 |
[04:47] | And then he does… this. | 但现在却做出… 这种事 |
[04:51] | And you want to bring charges? Yeah. | -你想提起诉讼? -是的 |
[04:55] | I went to the police, and they, um… | 我去报警 他们却… |
[04:59] | I guess I sounded nuts, so I came here… | 大概他们觉得我是个疯子 所以我来了这儿 |
[05:03] | ’cause of you. | 因为你 |
[05:05] | – What hotel was this at? – The Foreland. | -这事发生在哪家宾馆 -海角宾馆 |
[05:09] | – And you happen to remember what room number? – 906 | -还记得房间号吗 -906 |
[05:13] | Though I think he had two rooms. | 不过他好像订了两间房 |
[05:15] | Miss White, you do know that all we can do is bring suit. | 怀特小姐 你知道 我们能做的只是提起诉讼 |
[05:18] | We’re lawyers. We’re not the police. | 我们是律师 而不是警察 |
[05:20] | But at least… At least I don’t feel crazy here. | 但至少在这里你们没认为我疯了 |
[05:23] | When did this assault take place? | 性侵犯发生在什么时候 |
[05:25] | I got to his room at 1:00. The session is an hour. | 我1点钟到了他房间 按摩时间是1个小时 |
[05:30] | I have the time on the bill, if that helps. | 我的账单上有时间 不知有用没 |
[05:33] | – Can I see it? – Yes, of course. | -我能看看吗 -当然 |
[05:36] | And what happened over here? | 这里是怎么回事 |
[05:38] | Um, he… Uh, he did that. Here. | 是他干的 给你 |
[05:44] | $650? | 650美金? |
[05:46] | That’s how much a massage costs? | 一次按摩要这么多钱? |
[05:49] | For a VIP? Yes. | VIP服务就这价 |
[05:52] | And is that a big tip? | 这是一笔很高的小费? |
[05:54] | Yeah. Very big. | 是的 非常高 |
[05:58] | Will you excuse me for a moment? | 抱歉 我离开一下 |
[06:06] | He’s not there. | 那房不是他开的 |
[06:07] | There’s a Mr. Harbour in room 906. | 906房间住的是一位哈勃尔先生 |
[06:10] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[06:12] | I’m kind of relieved. It was going to be a long night. | 我反而松了一口气 本以为今晚会很难熬 |
[06:14] | – Yeah. I can deal with her. – No, I got it. | -是啊 我来处理吧 -不用 我来 |
[06:20] | Okay, Miss White, thank you so much for coming in, but, um, | 怀特小姐 很感谢你来 但是 |
[06:24] | we don’t handle… cases like this. | 我们不接这种案子 |
[06:27] | – I’m sorry. What happened? – No. Nothing. | -你说什么 怎么了 -没什么 |
[06:29] | It’s just, we have to be cautious about what kind of cases we take. | 只是 我们接案子的时候得非常谨慎 |
[06:33] | He got to you, didn’t he? | 他给你们施加压力了 是不是 |
[06:34] | No, but thank you for coming in. | 没有 但还是谢谢你来找我们 |
[06:38] | He’s not under his own name at the hotel. | 他在酒店没有登记真名 |
[06:40] | He’s under an alias. Like a movie star. | 他用了化名 像电影明星常做的一样 |
[06:44] | – What name? – Mr. Harbour. | -什么名字 -哈勃尔先生 |
[07:15] | Joe Kent? | 乔·肯特? |
[07:17] | The Nobel Prize-winning Joe Kent? | 那个诺贝尔奖得主乔·肯特? |
[07:19] | Yes. He’s under an assumed name at the Foreland. | 是的 他用化名入住了海角酒店 |
[07:22] | I didn’t even know he was in town. | 我都不知道他在这里 |
[07:23] | He’s speaking at NOW tomorrow. | 他明天要在全国妇女协会演讲 |
[07:26] | And the state’s attorney isn’t prosecuting? | 州检察官不起诉他? |
[07:27] | That’s what she says. | 她是这么说的 |
[07:29] | I’m still trying to find out why. | 我还在找原因 |
[07:31] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[07:32] | He is being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work with women. | 他因对女性的突出贡献 而被授予诺奖 |
[07:36] | He’s one of the most respected Americans in the world. | 他是全世界最受尊敬的美国人之一 |
[07:39] | So, what do we do? | 那我们该怎么做 |
[07:41] | Do you believe her? | 你相信她吗 |
[07:43] | She seems… calmer than I would expect, | 她看上去 比我想象得要镇静 |
[07:48] | but this tip she got– it’s just… | 但是她收的这笔小费 有点… |
[07:52] | Okay, why don’t Derrick and I go talk to her? | 好吧 我和德里克一起去找她谈谈 |
[07:55] | Just a few quick questions. We’ll be right back. | 就问几个问题 我们马上回来 |
[08:05] | No. I’m-I’m fine. | 不用 我 我很好 |
[08:07] | Lockhar&Gardner. Yes. | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所 是的 |
[08:13] | I already said. 11:00. Bye. | 我已经说过了 11点 拜拜 |
[08:18] | Do you have someplace to go? | 你是不是还得去别的地方 |
[08:19] | No, uh… Well, I mean, yes, but later. | 没有… 我的意思是 等会儿再去 |
[08:23] | Someone at the police station phoned these creeps– uh, Carpton & Greene. | 警察局有人打给这些跟屁虫 卡普顿&格林 |
[08:26] | – Do you know them? – The law firm. Yes. | -你听说过吗 -是的 一家律所 |
[08:31] | We take this and we’re wrong– | 如果这个案子接错了 |
[08:32] | we lose half our client list. | 我们会丢掉一半客户 |
[08:33] | We take this and we’re right– then it’s big. | 如果这个案子接对了 就是个大案子 |
[08:36] | Financially big. | 经济上非常可观 |
[08:39] | – Is she all right? – Yes. Carpton & Greene phoned her. | -她还好吧 -嗯 卡普顿&格林律所联系她了 |
[08:44] | They want her if we don’t. | 如果我们不接的话 他们想接 |
[08:47] | Tread lightly, gentlemen. | 谨慎处理 先生们 |
[08:49] | She’s meeting them at 11:00. | 她打算11点跟他们见面 |
[08:51] | – 11:00 tomorrow? – No, tonight. | -明天11点? -不 今晚11点 |
[08:54] | – I’ll get Kalinda. – I’ll get Blake. | -我联系凯琳达 -我联系布莱克 |
[08:56] | Great. Four hours to decide | 很好 还有4个小时来决定 |
[08:58] | if we sue the most beloved Democrat in America. | 我们是否起诉全美最受欢迎的民主党员 |
[09:16] | To be honest, I don’t think of myself as the African-American candidate | 老实说 我没把自己当成美籍非裔候选人 |
[09:19] | or as the woman candidate. | 或是女性候选人 |
[09:21] | The question is what the Democratic Committee will think of you. | 关键在于民主党委员会怎么看你 |
[09:24] | Well, my guess is, they’ll think of me as the loose cannon. | 他们恐怕会把我当成不安定分子 |
[09:27] | I just stood up there and said they were part of the problem. | 我刚在台上指出他们也要对问题负责 |
[09:31] | – Hello, Eli. – Mr. Jordan. | -你好 伊莱 -乔丹先生 |
[09:33] | Wendy, this is Mr. Florrick’s campaign manager. | 温迪 这位是福瑞克先生的竞选经理 |
[09:36] | Yes, I know of Mr. Gold. We’ve never met. | 我知道戈德先生 但从没见过面 |
[09:39] | Well, Peter would love to say hello. | 彼得想跟您打个招呼 |
[09:41] | – I’d love that, too. After dessert? – Perfect. | -乐意之至 用过甜点后怎么样 -没问题 |
[09:44] | And Peter will see you for lunch tomorrow, Mr. Jordan. | 乔丹先生 彼得明天会和您共进午餐 |
[09:47] | Oh, is that this week? | 约的是这周吗 |
[09:50] | Yes, it’s this week. Uh, my office called to confirm. | 是的 是这周 我们打给您确认过了 |
[09:52] | I-I’ll give him a call. | 我会打给他的 |
[10:00] | We’ve got endorsement issues. | 支持者方面出问题了 |
[10:01] | Vernon Jordan might be in play. | 弗农·乔丹可能要易帜 |
[10:03] | This is the attorney-client retainer agreement. | 这是律师-当事人聘用定金协议 |
[10:08] | When you sign that, we’re your lawyers, | 你签名后 我们就是你的律师了 |
[10:10] | everything we say is privileged and cannot be used in court. | 我们谈的一切都将保密 不会呈堂 |
[10:14] | But up to that point– up to the point you sign this form– | 但在你签字之前 |
[10:18] | we can be subpoenaed, so, | 我们都有可能被传唤 所以 |
[10:22] | in order to protect you, we’re not going to take any notes, okay? | 为了保护你 我们将不作任何记录 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:31] | Hey. Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[10:33] | I’m there. You gonna tell me what the big secret is now? | 我到了 现在可以告诉我那个惊世秘密了吧 |
[10:37] | The masseuse– the one we’re thinking of representing– | 那个按摩师 我们正考虑接手的那个当事人 |
[10:41] | she said she was assaulted by Joe Kent. | 她说她被乔·肯特性侵犯了 |
[10:44] | – The Joe Kent? – Yes. | -鼎鼎大名的乔·肯特? -是 |
[10:46] | So we’re trying to make a quick deal on this, | 所以我们想快点逼对方和解 |
[10:48] | but as you can imagine, it’s sensitive. | 但是你可以想到 这事儿很敏感 |
[10:50] | Yeah, accusing the Nobel Peace Prize winner of sexual assault, | 当然 控告诺贝尔和平奖得主性侵犯 |
[10:53] | I’d say so. | 确实敏感 |
[10:55] | We’re questioning the masseuse now, | 我们正在询问按摩师 |
[10:56] | but see what you can find out on Kent, okay? | 你看看能从肯特那儿找到点什么 |
[10:59] | – Room 906. – You want anything? | -906房间 -你要查什么 |
[11:03] | – Anything that’ll expedite a settlement. – Got it. | -所有能够促使和解达成的蛛丝马迹 -明白 |
[11:18] | Operator, can I have housekeeping? | 总机 请帮我接客房管理部 |
[11:22] | Yeah, I’m in room 906. My trashcan is pretty full. | 我住906房间 我的垃圾桶满了 |
[11:25] | Could you send someone up, please? | 能派人过来清理一下吗 |
[11:33] | What do you need? | 需要我做什么 |
[11:35] | Nothing now. Kalinda’s on it. | 暂时不用 凯琳达在处理 |
[11:38] | – You sure? – I’m sure. | -你确定? -确定 |
[11:44] | Blake? | 布莱克 |
[11:47] | Yes, ma’am? | 老板 |
[11:54] | I need you to look into someone for me, if you’re free. | 我想请你调查一个人 如果你有空的话 |
[11:57] | I am free. | 我有空 |
[11:58] | Lara White. | 劳拉·怀特 |
[12:00] | – What do you want to know? – If she’s lying; | -要查她什么 -查她是不是在说谎 |
[12:03] | if she’s trying to make a quick buck; | 她是不是想敲一笔 |
[12:04] | if she’s trying to embarrass Mr. Kent; | 她是不是想搞臭肯特先生 |
[12:07] | any ties to the Republican Party. | 任何跟共和党的关联都要查 |
[12:10] | – Okay. – It needs to happen fast. We have until 11:00. | -没问题 -赶紧着手 11点前得搞定 |
[12:13] | Here’s my cell. | 这是我的手机号码 |
[12:15] | Phone me and only me, whatever you get. | 不管查到什么 给我打电话 只给我打 |
[12:18] | – If you’re okay with that? – I’m okay with that. | -如果你没意见的话 -没意见 |
[12:22] | And… if you ever need anything like this in the future, Ms. Lockhart, | 另外 今后如果还有什么事需要我做 |
[12:26] | don’t hesitate to call. | 请您随时找我 |
[12:29] | He asked me to pay special attention to his adductor. | 他要求我特别关照他的内收肌 |
[12:33] | – And that’s…? – Uh, the inside thigh. Here. | -在… -大腿内侧 这里 |
[12:38] | And that is… restricted? | 这个位置是不能碰的? |
[12:41] | Well, it usually means that a customer wants inappropriate contact. | 这通常意味着顾客想进行不正当的接触 |
[12:44] | – Sexual contact? – Yes. | -性接触 -是的 |
[12:47] | And I was, like… “I don’t do that, | 我说 我不进行这项服务 |
[12:50] | but I can massage the hamstring and the quadriceps”” | 但是我可以按摩腿筋和股四头肌 |
[12:53] | Well, that made him pretty… vexed. | 这让他非常 恼怒 |
[12:57] | So I was, like, “I can send up somebody else.” | 于是我说 我可以叫其他人来服务 |
[13:00] | And then what happened? | 然后呢 |
[13:02] | Well, then I went into the bathroom to wash my hands, | 后来我走到洗手间洗手 |
[13:03] | and that’s when I saw him behind me. | 然后便看到他站在我身后 |
[13:06] | – In the bathroom? – Yes. | -在洗手间? -是的 |
[13:08] | And he was… | 他当时… |
[13:11] | You know, he had a robe, but his… | 他穿了浴袍 但是他的… |
[13:16] | his penis was exposed. | 他的阴茎露在外面 |
[13:18] | – He was erect? – Yes. | -他勃起了? -是 |
[13:22] | And he was like, “I paid for more.” | 然后他说 我的金额就是要更多服务 |
[13:25] | And I went, “No, sir, Mr. Kent. | 我说 不是的 肯特先生 |
[13:28] | You paid for exactly that amount”” | 你支付的金额 只是按摩服务费 |
[13:30] | So, then he was like, | 接着他说 |
[13:32] | “Could you help me with something in the bedroom”” his hamstring. | “能不能在卧室帮我一下” 他是指腿筋 |
[13:36] | And why didn’t you leave then? | 你当时为什么不走开 |
[13:39] | On account of, i only make money if the hotel wants me back, | 这样说吧 酒店继续用我 我才有钱赚 |
[13:44] | so I need to keep the VIP customers happy. | 所以我必须让VIP客户满意 |
[13:46] | From what you’re saying, it doesn’t seem | 按你刚才说的 像是除此以外 |
[13:48] | like there was any way to “Make Mr. Kent happy.” | 你当时没其它办法”让肯特先生满意” |
[13:52] | But my table was still in the bedroom, so I needed to get it. | 但当时我的按摩台还在他卧室 我得去取 |
[13:55] | So he took me in there, | 于是他就领我到房间里 |
[13:57] | and he was struggling with this remote control. | 他搞不定一个手柄 |
[14:00] | Um, he wanted to know how to work it. | 他想知道怎么用 |
[14:01] | I guess you could play video games, | 我猜可能是玩电子游戏 |
[14:03] | and he wanted to know how to play Hedgehog. | 他想知道怎么玩《索尼克》 |
[14:05] | And that’s when he threw me on the bed. | 就在这时 他把我推在床上 |
[14:09] | He was on top of me. | 他压在我身上 |
[14:10] | He was grabbing me. He pinched my breasts, | 他抓住我 捏我的胸 |
[14:14] | and he stuck his finger between my legs. | 还把他的手指插在我两腿间 |
[14:17] | And you stopped him? | 你有没有让他住手 |
[14:18] | No. After about a minute, | 没有 大概一分钟后 |
[14:20] | the phone rang, and he was… | 电话响了 然后他… |
[14:24] | I guess it was his wife, because he just jumped. | 突然跳了起来 我猜是他妻子打来的 |
[14:27] | Uh, so he grabbed this towel and he, you know… | 然后他抓起毛巾 就擦 |
[14:31] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉问一句 |
[14:33] | Did he do that on you or him? | 他当时是擦你还是他自己 |
[14:35] | Him. | 他自己 |
[14:37] | Uh, so anyway, I just grabbed my table, and I ran out of there. | 然后 我赶紧带着按摩台跑出了房间 |
[14:39] | Miss White, don’t take this the wrong way, | 怀特小姐 别误解我的意思 |
[14:42] | but given that this happened five hours ago, | 这件事就发生在5个小时之前 |
[14:46] | you seem remarkably calm. | 可你看上去平静得很 |
[14:49] | I’m not sure how I’m supposed to take that the right way. | 我不知道我该是什么反应才正常 |
[14:52] | Take it as the first of a long line of hard questions. | 你若起诉 会面临一堆刁钻问题 这是第一个 |
[14:56] | Would it make a difference if I was crying? | 如果我哭 你们就相信我了? |
[14:58] | You were sexually assaulted. | 你刚才是被性侵犯了 |
[15:01] | Wouldn’t that make sense? | 不该哭吗 |
[15:04] | When I was kicked out of college, | 当我被大学开除的时候 |
[15:06] | I cried for an hour, then I stopped. And I never cried again. | 我哭了一个小时 哭完了 从此就再没哭过 |
[15:11] | That’s who I am. | 这就是我 |
[15:13] | But if it helps, | 如果哭就有用 |
[15:14] | I wish this had happened to somebody who cried a lot. | 我倒真希望这事发生在一个会哭的人身上 |
[15:59] | Seriously? Hedgehog? | 没开玩笑吧 《索尼克》? |
[16:01] | The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize wants to play Hedgehog? | 诺贝尔和平奖得主想玩《索尼克》? |
[16:03] | It’s a hotel room. He’s away from home. It’s an oasis from life. | 那是在酒店 他离开家 找了个地方撒欢 |
[16:07] | This is a man who spent two years in Butembo to see firsthand | 他是一个在民主刚果呆了2年 |
[16:09] | how women were treated. | 亲自了解当地妇女疾苦的人 |
[16:11] | And he likes video games. | 对 但他同时又喜欢电子游戏 |
[16:12] | Great men like video games. | 伟大的男人 热爱电子游戏 |
[16:14] | You think she’s lying? | 你认为她在说谎? |
[16:15] | I think there is a wealth | 我觉得从她进入房间 |
[16:16] | of detail of her entering the room, and the massage itself. | 还有按摩本身 有很多细节 |
[16:19] | But when she talks about the assault, it becomes variable. | 而她说到性侵犯时 这些细节就会跟着变 |
[16:22] | The massage table is by the door, then it’s in the bedroom. | 按摩台一会是在门边 一会是在卧室 |
[16:25] | She follows him into the bedroom. | 她跟着他进了卧室 |
[16:27] | It’s about the hamstring. | 一会是要按摩腿筋 |
[16:28] | No, it’s about the remote. | 一会是要研究手柄 |
[16:30] | I mean, if we take this case, she’ll get better at it, | 如果我们接这案子 她可以做到自圆其说 |
[16:32] | because we’ll make her better at it. | 因为我们可以帮她找漏洞 |
[16:34] | We’ll point out her inconsistencies, | 我们会指出她前后矛盾的地方 |
[16:35] | so she’ll make things more consistent. | 她就可以自圆其说 |
[16:38] | But what we’re hearing right now is the unvarnished story. | 但我们现在听到的 是她未加修饰的版本 |
[16:41] | And I believe there was a massage. | 我相信有按摩这回事 |
[16:43] | But I don’t believe there was an assault. | 但我不相信发生了性侵犯 |
[16:46] | Then why would she do it? Money? | 那她为什么要这么做呢 为钱吗 |
[16:48] | Yes. And dirty tricks. | 对 而且她背后有人 |
[16:50] | I think some people would like to see Joe Kent brought low. | 恐怕有人希望搞臭乔·肯特 |
[16:53] | Come on, Diane. Do you know how hypocritical this is? | 得了吧 黛安 这也太虚伪了 |
[16:56] | Last year, I-I-I didn’t believe– what’s her name, | 去年 我也因为同样的理由怀疑 |
[16:58] | the rape victim– for the same reason. | 那个叫什么来着的强奸受害者 |
[17:00] | She kept changing her story. | 她的说法来回变 |
[17:01] | And you said, “Shock does that to a woman.” | 你却说”受刺激后的女人就会这样” |
[17:04] | so which is it? | 怎么现在又变了 |
[17:07] | That was Kalinda. She found lipstick on a champagne glass. | 凯琳达来了电话 她在香槟杯上发现了唇印 |
[17:14] | You drank champagne? | 你喝了香槟? |
[17:16] | Uh, when I was in the bedroom, he shoved it at me. | 我在他卧室的时候 他硬让我喝一杯 |
[17:19] | And I thought if I just pretended to drink, | 我想我假装喝一口 |
[17:21] | he would be fine and let me go. | 他就会放过我 让我走了 |
[17:23] | Was he holding you? | 他当时抱着你的吗 |
[17:24] | No, but he was in the doorway. | 不 他在门口 |
[17:26] | You know, he was blocking it. | 他堵住了门口 |
[17:28] | And you said your massage table was in the living room and the bedroom. | 按摩台 你先说在客厅 又说在卧室 |
[17:33] | Do you remember which it was, actually? | 你记得到底在哪儿吗 |
[17:34] | Uh, well, at that point, it was probably in the bedroom. | 当时 恐怕是在卧室 |
[17:36] | When I went to wash up, I took it with me. | 我去洗手时 是拖着它一起过去的 |
[17:39] | So the bathroom was adjoining the bedroom? | 这么说洗手间是挨着卧室的? |
[17:41] | Yes. Why? | 是 有问题吗 |
[17:43] | Well, when you were discussing it before, | 你之前说到这一点的时候 |
[17:45] | it sounded like it was adjoining the living room. | 让人感觉洗手间是挨着客厅的 |
[17:49] | Well, I th– | 那个… |
[17:50] | Uh, yeah. There were two bathrooms. | 是这样 那儿有两个洗手间 |
[17:53] | It was a big suite. | 那是个大套房 |
[17:54] | And when I went to wash up the first time… | 我第一次去洗手时… |
[17:56] | – Before the massage? – Right. | -在做按摩之前? -是的 |
[17:59] | I washed up in the living room bathroom, | 我是在客厅的洗手间洗的手 |
[18:01] | but then after the massage, | 做完按摩后 |
[18:02] | – I washed my hands in the bedroom bathroom. – Why? | -我是在卧室的洗手间洗的手 -为什么 |
[18:06] | Why did I use the other bathroom? | 我为什么用了另一个洗手间? |
[18:09] | I don’t know. I did. | 我不知道 就是用了 |
[19:14] | Good. Good job. | 好 干得好 |
[19:16] | She was checking Joe Kent’s web site | 就在她控诉乔·肯特当天 |
[19:17] | on the exact same day she accuses him. | 她查看过他的网页 |
[19:20] | Okay, see what you can get at the hotel. | 好 再看看你能在酒店查到什么 |
[19:24] | I found the phone in your purse. | 我在你的皮夹里看到了你的手机 |
[19:25] | Oh, good, I thought I lost it. | 太好了 我以为丢了呢 |
[19:28] | If you need it, I can, uh… | 如果你要的话 我帮你 |
[19:29] | I can run it over to you. | 我帮你送过去 |
[19:31] | No, don’t worry. | 不 不用担心 |
[19:34] | Eli and I are, uh… are working the room. | 伊莱和我在 在做工作 |
[19:38] | Okay. Well, good luck. Bye. | 好 祝你顺利 拜 |
[19:43] | – Can I have yours, too? – Sure. | -我能吃你那份吗 -当然 |
[19:49] | – Good metabolism, huh? – No. | -多吃也不发胖呵? -不是 |
[19:51] | Ten-mile run every morning. | 每天早上跑10英里 |
[20:00] | Some of the worst music I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最差的音乐之一了 |
[20:04] | So… | 看来 |
[20:06] | you and Will, huh? | 你和威尔在一起? |
[20:08] | Yep, me and Will. | 是的 我和威尔 |
[20:10] | I don’t know, actually. He’s got issues. | 其实我也不知道 他有心事 |
[20:14] | – Everybody’s got issues. – No, not him. | -大家都有心事 -不 他以前没有 |
[20:17] | That’s what I always used to like about him. | 我以前就喜欢他这一点 |
[20:18] | He was fun. A real man. | 他很有趣 很男人 |
[20:20] | – Now, he’s gone all gushy. – Why? | -现在他变得多愁善感的 -为什么 |
[20:23] | – He’s in love. – With you? | -陷入爱情了呗 -和你? |
[20:26] | No, not me. | 不 不是我 |
[20:31] | Do you think people can change who they’re in love with? | 你觉得人能变更所爱之人吗 |
[20:35] | Sure. | 当然 |
[20:38] | People fall out of love all the time. | 总是有人离开旧爱 |
[20:42] | And then, uh… | 然后 |
[20:45] | then they fall in love with somebody else. | 爱上其他人 |
[20:48] | Like a change of address? | 就像换个住址吗 |
[20:52] | She was surfing his Web site. | 她查过他的网站 |
[20:53] | She was checking out “Kent For America.” | 她查了”美国之子肯特”网页 |
[20:56] | Yes, and she explained that. After the massage, | 是的 她解释了 按摩之后 |
[20:58] | she went home and checked it out; that makes sense. | 她回家查了下 这完全说得通 |
[21:00] | I think we should cut her loose. | 我们应该甩掉她 |
[21:02] | You don’t believe her? | 你不相信她? |
[21:03] | I worry about how much she needs to explain. | 我担心她还有多少需要解释的事情 |
[21:05] | At a certain point, credulity has been stretched too far. | 某种程度上 我们对她信任过头了 |
[21:11] | – Is this a mistake? – It’s a process, Lara. | -我这么做错了吗 -慢慢来 劳拉 |
[21:15] | We have to go through it. | 我们必须有这么个程序 |
[21:16] | Yeah, my friends will be like, | 好吧 我的朋友也许会说 |
[21:21] | “What’re you doing? “He’s helping women. Suck it up. | “你在干什么 算了吧 他是女性维权者” |
[21:25] | I thought you were on our side”” | “我以为你会站在女性这边考虑” |
[21:28] | It would make a difference if I had evidence, wouldn’t it? | 要是我有证据就不一样了 对吧 |
[21:31] | Well, it’s difficult without it. | 当然 没证据的确很难办 |
[21:37] | – I still have to decide whether I want to do this. -I know. | -我还得考虑要不要这样做 -我明白 |
[21:40] | No, I mean, um… | 不 我是想说 |
[21:43] | I’m going to show you something, | 我要给你看些东西 |
[21:45] | but I still have to decide whether I want to pursue this. | 但我还得考虑要不要利用这个 |
[21:52] | The towel that he… used afterwards. | 他事后用的… 那条浴巾 |
[22:04] | That’s the one. | 真家伙来了 |
[22:16] | This is unseemly. | 太不成体统了 |
[22:18] | It’d take weeks to get DNA testing. | DNA测试需要几周时间 |
[22:20] | Even if we got a match, | 即使结果吻合 |
[22:20] | it still doesn’t necessarily support her story. | 这仍无法证实她所说的 |
[22:23] | That could have come from an uncontrolled emission from the massage. | 这可能是按摩时的意外射精 |
[22:27] | We are the dregs of society. | 我们真是社会的渣滓 |
[22:29] | Okay, we get it, Diane. | 好了 我们懂 戴安 |
[22:31] | You don’t think he did it. | 你不相信这事是真的 |
[22:31] | No, that’s not getting it, Will. | 你没懂我的意思 威尔 |
[22:33] | Believing in something bigger than yourself… | 你在坚持一些你根本无法驾驭的事 |
[22:35] | If she was molested by Joe Kent, then Joe Kent should pay for what… | 如果乔·肯特确有性侵犯 那他就该付出代价 |
[22:37] | That’s not how it works. | 事情并不是这样 |
[22:39] | And you know it. He pays for it either way. | 你知道的 他不管怎样都会付出代价 |
[22:42] | He’s innocent, he pays for it. She’s lying, he pays for it. | 如果她在撒谎 他是无辜的 他仍要付出代价 |
[22:45] | The 24-hour news cycle guarantees that. | 24小时滚动播出的新闻可不是盖的 |
[22:47] | I think it’s time we approach Mr. Kent. | 我认为我们该和肯特先生接触一下了 |
[22:50] | His best-case scenario– this goes away quietly, | 不张扬地解决此事 对他最有利 |
[22:53] | so we try and settle now. | 所以我们现在尝试和解 |
[22:55] | Shake him down? | 敲他一笔? |
[22:57] | No, settle before a trial. | 不 争取不上庭 和解 |
[23:00] | It’s what we do every day. It’s what you do every day. | 我们每天都这么做 你也每天都这么做 |
[23:04] | Look, I’ll go. | 听着 让我来 |
[23:06] | I know Mr. Kent’s lawyer through a friend. | 我通过一个朋友认识的肯特的律师 |
[23:20] | You have anything? | 查到什么了吗 |
[23:21] | She’s behind on her cable, her phone bills, her credit cards. | 她的有线电视 电话 信用卡都欠着账 |
[23:24] | – She needs the money. – Anything else? | -她急需用钱 -还查到什么 |
[23:26] | Uh, her roommate also works as a masseuse at the Foreland. | 她的室友也是海角宾馆的按摩师 |
[23:30] | Um, the hotel staff is suggesting | 酒店的员工暗示说 |
[23:32] | that both of ’em do a bit more than just massage, | 她俩的服务范围 都比按摩要多一点 |
[23:35] | so I’m there now and I’ll find out how much more. | 我现在就去查查究竟多出什么服务 |
[23:39] | More as in sexual release? | 性方面的服务? |
[23:41] | That would be my guess. | 我是这么认为的 |
[23:46] | But we don’t want that? | 但这不是我们想要的结果? |
[23:48] | Well, we want the truth, but that’s not the, uh… | 我们想搞清事实 但这不是… |
[23:52] | preferable truth. | 不是我们所希望的事实 |
[23:54] | Right, and the preferable truth is that nothing happened at all? | 我们所希望的事实是 什么也没发生? |
[24:01] | But you still want to hear whatever I find out? | 总之不管我查出什么 还是告诉你 对吧 |
[24:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:09] | It’s appealing, running together, Peter. | 和你一起竞选真令人激动 彼得 |
[24:13] | I respected you from afar. | 当初 我仰视你尊敬你 |
[24:16] | You know that the state’s attorney sets the goals for the department, | 你知道 州检察官负责制定宏观目标 |
[24:19] | but that it’s the deputy that runs it, so… | 打理具体事务的是副手 所以… |
[24:23] | That would be quite a step up from being… | 你这一步跨得很大 你从… |
[24:24] | A lowly staff lawyer? | 从一个卑微的律师? |
[24:28] | That’s all right. That’s what I am. | 没关系 我就这样 |
[24:30] | Like I tell my daughters, I’m too big for my britches. | 正如我对女儿说的 我就是这么狂妄自大 |
[24:35] | And there’s all that, um… patronage Mr. Gold offered. | 还有 戈德先生向我提出的授职 |
[24:40] | I think I don’t have that many friends in Illinois. | 我在伊利诺伊州没有多少朋友 |
[24:46] | Well, in my experience, friendship follows patronage. | 经验告诉我 授职之后就会成为朋友 |
[24:51] | The thing is… Peter, I can’t. | 我把话挑明吧 彼得 我不会退出竞选 |
[24:54] | My whole reason for running | 我参选的唯一目的就是 |
[24:56] | is to stop this legacy control of the state’s attorney’s office. | 终结州检察官办公室这种一脉相承的领导 |
[25:00] | And that’s no reflection on you, Peter. | 这不是针对你 彼得 |
[25:03] | I just want to be able to look my daughters in the face. | 我只希望我可以正视我的女儿 |
[25:07] | ‘Cause it’s all about the fountain, right? | 因为这一切都为了那个喷泉故事 对吧 |
[25:12] | It was so nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[25:15] | – And it’ll be fun doing battle. – Can’t wait. | -竞争会非常有趣 -期待之极 |
[25:25] | You know the one thing I hate more than a backroom deal, Eli, | 伊莱 你知道比幕后交易更可恨的是什么吗 |
[25:29] | is a failed backroom deal. | 失败的幕后交易 |
[25:54] | Of course, we’d love for this to go away. | 当然 我们也希望这事能私了 |
[25:57] | The last thing we want to do | 我们最不希望的就是 |
[25:58] | is accuse your client on the eve of his Nobel Prize speech. | 在你客户诺奖演讲前夜 提起起诉 |
[26:01] | We haven’t tested the towel yet for pre-seminal fluid, | 我们尚未测试浴巾上的射精前遗漏液体 |
[26:05] | so this is a very good moment to settle this. | 所以现在正是和解的好时机 |
[26:07] | Settle what? | 和解什么 |
[26:10] | Our suit. | 我们的诉讼 |
[26:12] | – So, what do you think? – What do I think? | -你意如何 -我意如何 |
[26:15] | I think we can settle this. | 我们的确可以”和解” |
[26:17] | Right now. Just pull down your pants and touch your toes. | 就现在 你只要脱下裤子然后触摸脚趾 |
[26:22] | Don’t make us take this public. | 别逼我们公布于众 |
[26:23] | Why not? Hey, let’s take it public together. | 何不我们一起去公布于众 |
[26:25] | Right now. The Tribune’s around the corner. | 就现在 《论坛报》报社就在这个街角 |
[26:28] | Here’s my card. Phone us by 11:00. | 给你我的名片 11点前打我电话 |
[26:31] | What you have, Mr. Gardner, is a little bitch. | 加德纳先生 你的委托人就是一个婊子 |
[26:34] | A little cheerleading bitch who’s tired | 一个带啦啦队的婊子 |
[26:37] | of turning tricks under the bleachers, and wants to accuse Joe Kent. | 妄想登上大雅之堂 控告乔·肯特 |
[26:41] | Joe Kent. Say the words to yourself. | 乔·肯特 自己念念这名字 |
[26:44] | Who comes out of that fight? | 你觉得最后谁会获胜 |
[26:45] | This is legal malpractice, buddy. | 你扔我名片是失职行为 老兄 |
[26:47] | Go to hell, you stupid son of a bitch. | 见鬼去吧 你这个婊子养的 |
[26:50] | You two-bit shakedown leg-breaker. | 你个不入流的坑蒙拐骗的狗腿子 |
[26:53] | You come to me with this scam– this “Two encyclopedias for one” scam– | 黑白两道你都想沾 你想用这种花招来蒙我 |
[26:58] | and you expect me to, what? Roll over? This isn’t BP. | 你指望我怎么着 跟你谈判? 这可不是英石油 |
[27:02] | Joe Kent is a great man. | 乔·肯特是个杰出的人 |
[27:03] | I’m a bastard. That’s why he hired me. | 而我是个混蛋 所以他雇我 |
[27:06] | You don’t deal with him. You deal with me. | 就为让我跟你这种人打交道 |
[27:08] | You come to the back door, you stupid, number-running… | 你个蠢货小卒还想来套近乎… |
[27:34] | You can take that as a “No.” | 明白了吧 拒绝和解 |
[27:45] | Really? Remind me to never get you angry. | 真的吗 看来以后不能惹你生气哈 |
[27:49] | So we get Lara to sign the retainer, and we go to the press. | 看来我们该和劳拉签合同 然后公布于众咯 |
[27:53] | You think he was bluffing? | 你认为他在虚张声势? |
[27:55] | I don’t think it matters. We have to move forward. | 这不重要 我们必须继续跟进 |
[27:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:58] | His methods aside, he’s not wrong. | 撇开他的做法不说 他并没有说错 |
[28:01] | We go to the press, | 我们若向媒体公开 |
[28:02] | we’re suddenly the ambulance-chasers of the Loop. | 就成了芝加哥有名的靠索赔谋利的律师 |
[28:04] | You’re thinking about backing off? | 你在考虑放弃? |
[28:06] | I’m thinking something doesn’t feel right here. | 我感觉此事颇为蹊跷 |
[28:08] | He’s not showing fear. | 他没有表现出一丝恐惧 |
[28:09] | – It’s a tactic. – Or it’s real. | -那是战术 -或是真的问心无愧 |
[28:12] | We jump and we’re wrong, we make ourselves the story. | 要是我们错了 我们就成了笑话 |
[28:15] | How’s that for a pretty picture? | 这是多么和谐的一幕啊 |
[28:17] | Diane and I are finally on the same side of something. | 戴安和我终于在一件事上达成共识了 |
[28:21] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅 |
[28:22] | Have Kalinda check into other hotels where Kent stayed. | 让凯琳达查查肯特入住过的其它酒店 |
[28:25] | If he did it once, he did it other times. | 他要是做过这种事 就应该不止一次 |
[28:28] | Okay, I’ll say “Black,” so you can say “White,” Okay? | 好呀 你永远和我对着干嘿 |
[28:33] | I want to know the truth. | 我只想知道真相 |
[28:35] | Good. Good. We have two more hours. Let’s use them. | 很好 我们还剩两个小时 好好利用吧 |
[28:43] | He wants to endorse Peter? | 他要支持彼得? |
[28:46] | Yes. I know, Mr. Kent hasn’t endorsed anyone in years, | 是的 肯特先生很久没在竞选中支持过谁了 |
[28:49] | but he likes Peter’s personal story. | 但他喜欢彼得的奋斗经历 |
[28:51] | He wants to endorse him. | 他想支持彼得 |
[28:53] | When can we announce? | 那我们何时可以公布 |
[28:54] | Well, he has to travel to Stockholm later this week, | 本周晚些时候 他要去斯德哥尔摩领诺贝尔奖 |
[28:57] | but maybe next week. | 所以大概下周吧 |
[28:59] | Great. Peter will be… | 太好了 彼得肯定很… |
[29:01] | He loves Mr. Kent. | 他很尊敬肯特先生 |
[29:02] | Oh, so there’s one more thing. | 哦 还有一件事 |
[29:05] | – Mr. Kent has a thorn in his side. – Okay? | -肯特先生目前有点小麻烦 -然后呢 |
[29:09] | I know | 我知道 |
[29:09] | your law firm is Lockhart, Gardner & Bond. | 你的业务是在洛克哈特&加德纳&邦德律所 |
[29:12] | And Mr. Florrick’s wife’s a key player there? | 而福瑞克先生的夫人是那儿的重要员工 |
[29:15] | Well, she’s a second-year associate. | 她只是个在那儿干了2年的律师 |
[29:17] | Yeah, but the word is Lockhart, Gardner is Peter’s firm. | 但大家都说 那是彼得的律所 |
[29:20] | We need them to back off a case. | 我们希望他们能放弃一件案子 |
[29:25] | – Is this too hard? – No. No, it’s fine. | -弄疼您了吗 -没有 挺好 |
[29:31] | Last time I was here, | 上次我来这儿 |
[29:32] | I had, uh, Lara. | 给我按摩的是 劳拉 |
[29:34] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -哦 是吗 -嗯 |
[29:36] | – You know her? – Yeah. Mm-hmm. | -你认识她吗 -嗯 |
[29:38] | I, uh… tipped her a bit extra last time for… | 我 呃 上次多付了她一些小费 |
[29:44] | a bit extra. | 让她给我特殊服务 |
[29:48] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[29:50] | This is a VIP treatment, sir. | 先生 这是VIP按摩服务 |
[29:52] | The hotel frowns upon… “Something extra.” | 酒店不允许…”特殊服务” |
[29:56] | – And Lara? – Well, Lara goes her own way. | -那劳拉呢 -劳拉有她自己的做法 |
[29:59] | I mean, she shouldn’t do it, | 我是说 她不应该这样 |
[30:00] | but I could give her your number. | 但我可以把您的号码给她 |
[30:04] | Sometimes Lara does full-body massages outside of work. | 劳拉有时下班时间也会接全身按摩服务 |
[30:09] | She’s jealous. | 她这是嫉妒 |
[30:10] | That’s why she said it. | 所以她才这么说 |
[30:12] | But she’s your roommate. | 但她是你的室友 |
[30:13] | Yes, but she’s a LMT, too. | 对 但她也是注册按摩师 |
[30:16] | And there’s only so many of these VIP jobs. | VIP服务的活儿就这么多 |
[30:18] | They… they pay a lot. | 客人出手都很慷慨 |
[30:21] | And everybody’s fighting for whatever they can get. | 大家都拼命抢活儿 |
[30:24] | Sabrina, too. | 塞布丽娜也不例外 |
[30:25] | But she was saying it to a customer | 但是她对一个想要色情按摩的客户 |
[30:28] | who wanted a sexual massage. | 说你会接这种工作 |
[30:30] | – Yeah? – So it seems she was saying something good about you, | -所以呢 -所以她似乎是在说你好话啊 |
[30:33] | something the customer wanted to hear. | 这正是客人想要的 |
[30:35] | No, no, no. You don’t get it. | 不不不 你会错意了 |
[30:37] | LMTs call them “One-handed masseuses.” | 注册按摩师们管这个叫”单手按摩女郎” |
[30:40] | It hurts their reputations in the big hotels, | 这种事很影响按摩师在酒店的声誉 |
[30:42] | and that’s where the money is. | 而酒店服务是我们的收入来源 |
[30:44] | If I’m known for sexual massages, | 如果我以色情按摩闻名 |
[30:46] | I won’t get the big jobs. | 以后就接不到大活儿了 |
[31:08] | Hey, I just wanted to say… | 我只是想说… |
[31:10] | Look, you’re right. I don’t have a plan. | 你是对的 我没什么办法 |
[31:12] | Okay, uh, this is strange. | 这真的很奇怪 |
[31:14] | I don’t even know where this came from, but… | 我也不知道为什么会这样 但是 |
[31:17] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[31:19] | Joe Kent wants to endorse you. | 乔·肯特想支持你的竞选 |
[31:22] | – Joe Kent? – Yeah. | -乔·肯特? -对 |
[31:23] | The Joe Kent? | 刚刚得奖的那个乔·肯特? |
[31:25] | Yes. His lawyer just came up to me. | 没错 他的律师刚刚找过我 |
[31:28] | – What’s the catch? – The catch? There is no catch. | -这里有何隐情? -什么隐情 没有隐情 |
[31:30] | – The catch is you say “Thank you.” – Eli? | -隐情就是你去对他说”谢谢” -伊莱 |
[31:33] | Look, nothing that will sully you. | 听着 不是什么有损你名声的事 |
[31:35] | They just want me to talk to my law firm about them dropping a suit. | 他们只是让我劝我的律所放弃一件讼案 |
[31:37] | I’m working on it. Don’t worry. | 别担心 我正在办这件事 |
[31:38] | What’s the suit? | 什么案子 |
[31:39] | It’s just a nuisance suit against Kent. | 只是一件针对肯特的妨害起诉 |
[31:41] | A sexual harassment suit. Don’t worry. | 告他性骚扰的 别担心 |
[31:48] | Okay. Let’s talk to him. | 好吧 我们去和他谈谈 |
[31:50] | – Who, Kent? – No, his lawyer. | -谁 肯特? -不 他的律师 |
[31:53] | This time, I want to be sure about the backroom deal. | 这次我一定要把幕后交易搞清楚 |
[31:59] | They’re investigating me, aren’t they? | 他们在调查我 对吗 |
[32:01] | Yes, I think so. | 我猜是吧 |
[32:04] | So this is the way it’ll be if I go through with this? | 如果我坚持起诉 就要一直这样? |
[32:08] | Reporters will be looking at me, not him? | 记者调查的也会是我 而不是他? |
[32:11] | – Yes, probably. – Why? | -很有可能 -为什么 |
[32:13] | Because they think they know him, and they don’t know you. | 因为大家自认很了解他 但不了解你 |
[32:17] | Yeah. That’s what he said at the state’s attorney office. | 州检察官办公室的那个人也是这么说的 |
[32:22] | – Who? – The guy who sent me to you. Cary. | -谁 -让我来找你的那个人 凯里 |
[32:26] | – Cary Agos? – Yeah. | -凯里·艾格斯? -对 |
[32:29] | He was the one who questioned me and gave me your card. | 是他质询的我 然后给了我你的名片 |
[32:31] | He said you’d be sympathetic. | 他说你会同情我的处境 |
[32:45] | Peter. Peter. | 彼得 彼得 |
[32:49] | Hello, Mr. Florrick. Wilk Hobson. | 幸会 福瑞克先生 我是威尔克·霍布森 |
[32:52] | I’m glad you’re open to this. | 很高兴你考虑我的提议 |
[32:55] | I’m sure I don’t need to tell you, | 我想不用说你也应该明白 |
[32:57] | an endorsement from Mr. Kent, | 能够得到肯特先生的支持 |
[32:58] | especially on the heels of his trip to Stockholm, | 尤其在他完成斯德哥尔摩领奖之旅后 |
[33:01] | would be massive. | 对你来讲意义有多重大 |
[33:05] | So all I have to do is get my wife to drop her case? | 我只需要让我妻子放弃这件案子即可? |
[33:12] | Yeah, that’s the deal. | 对 就是这样 |
[33:14] | This sexual assault is bogus. | 所谓性侵犯纯属子虚乌有 |
[33:16] | You’d be doing everybody a favor. | 你这么做对所有人都好 |
[33:18] | And when the plaintiff goes to another firm? | 那原告去找其它律所怎么办 |
[33:21] | She has an 11:00 p.m. meeting with Carpton & Greene. | 她今晚11点会与卡普顿&格林律所谈 |
[33:24] | It’s a firm in the family. | 这律所是我们盟友 |
[33:25] | I have an agreement with them to bury it. | 我已经和他们达成协议不接此案 |
[33:30] | You know what? It was nice talking to you. | 好了 聊得很愉快 |
[33:33] | What can I tell Mr. Kent? | 那我怎么答复肯特先生呢 |
[33:37] | You can tell him that I hope my wife rips him apart, | 你就说 我希望我妻子能让他身败名裂 |
[33:39] | and I think she will, ’cause she’s a good lawyer. | 我也相信她能做到 因为她是个好律师 |
[33:41] | Either way I know she’ll do the right thing, | 不管怎样 我都相信她会正确处理 |
[33:43] | but it was very nice meeting you. | 总之很高兴认识你 |
[33:46] | Let’s discuss this. | 我们再谈谈 |
[33:58] | Now, I know he’s got another bail hearing in an hour, | 我听说 他1小时后又有一次保释听证 |
[34:01] | so I ask for a review of the plea. | 所以我要求对他的抗辩进行复议 |
[34:03] | – That’s very funny. – Okay? | -真有意思 -什么 |
[34:04] | – Hold on, this is going to be great. – All right. | -等我回来 接下来的事更有趣 -好的 |
[34:06] | Well, hello. | 你们好 |
[34:07] | Cary, you sent us a client, didn’t you? | 凯里 你给我们介绍了个客户呵? |
[34:11] | I did. | 没错 |
[34:13] | Derrick Bond. | 德里克·邦德 |
[34:15] | Oh, that’s right, | 哦 对了 |
[34:16] | you guys have been going through some mergers over there. Cary Agos. | 你们律所最近在搞合并 我是凯里·艾格斯 |
[34:19] | I seem to have just missed your time with us. | 咱俩似乎是刚好擦肩而过 |
[34:22] | So what’s up with Lara White? | 那么劳拉·怀特是怎么回事 |
[34:24] | What’s up? She said she was assaulted. | 怎么了 她说她被性侵犯了 |
[34:26] | And yet state’s attorney booted the case, | 然后州检察官那边把这案子踢走了 |
[34:27] | and you sent her right to us. | 你就让她来找我们 |
[34:29] | – Right, I suggested she pursue a civil path. – Why? | -对 我建议她提起民事诉讼 -为什么 |
[34:33] | Because I think Lara was assaulted by Joe Kent, | 因为我觉得劳拉确实被乔·肯特性侵犯了 |
[34:36] | and I think Mr. Childs made a mistake booting the case | 而查尔兹先生不该踢走这个案子 |
[34:39] | and I think I wanted justice done. | 我只想声张正义 |
[34:41] | And you’re just going to help us out? | 于是你要帮我们? |
[34:44] | Yeah, why wouldn’t I? | 当然 乐意之至 |
[34:46] | What makes you think Mr. Kent did it? | 你为什么认定肯特先生确实有性侵犯行为 |
[34:50] | History. Get Kalinda on it. | 他的过去 让凯琳达去查查吧 |
[34:51] | She is. | 她在查了 |
[34:52] | Good, get her to look up previous assaults. | 很好 让她去查查以前的性侵犯事件 |
[34:54] | – And what might she find? – Meredith Bordinay. | -她会查出什么? -梅雷迪思·博蒂奈 |
[34:58] | Take the case. It’s a good one. | 接下这案子吧 是个好案子 |
[35:01] | – What do you think? I think he still wants to hurt us. | -你怎么看 -我觉得他还是想害我们 |
[35:06] | I’ll catch up. | 我稍后就到 |
[35:13] | I’m very sorry… | 非常抱歉… |
[35:22] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[35:24] | I got in a fistfight. | 跟人打了一架 |
[35:27] | That’s a turn-on. | 好性感 |
[35:29] | I know, that’s why I did it. | 知道 所以我才打架 |
[35:34] | I like you, Will. | 我喜欢你 威尔 |
[35:35] | I don’t like you when you’re serious. | 我不喜欢你认真的样子 |
[35:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:40] | You got a little… | 你最近有点… |
[36:00] | I’ll stay with you as long as it’s fun. | 只要玩得开心 我就留在你身边 |
[36:02] | As soon as you fall in love with me, it’s over. | 一旦你爱上我 就立刻结束 |
[36:05] | -Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好 |
[36:09] | You can do that again. | 再来一次 |
[36:21] | Peter. Peter. | 彼得 彼得 |
[36:24] | – Excuse me. – All right. | -失陪一下 -好的 |
[36:26] | He did it. I don’t believe it. | 他干了 我真不敢相信 |
[36:29] | He sent me an e-mail; he endorsed you. | 他给我发了个电邮 他已经支持你了 |
[36:31] | – Who? – Kent. | -谁 -肯特 |
[36:33] | He must have overruled his lawyer or something, | 他一定是否决了他的律师或是怎么的 |
[36:35] | but he endorsed you. | 不过他表了态支持你 |
[36:37] | Do you know what a Kent endorsement means? | 你知道得到肯特的支持意味着什么吗 |
[36:38] | It means women. | 意味着女性选民 |
[36:39] | It means African-American women, Caucasian women. | 非裔美国女性 高加索女性 |
[36:41] | In one fell swoop, it takes care of the Amber Madison problem. | 这样安贝儿·麦迪逊的问题就迎刃而解了 |
[36:44] | – Oh, God. – What? | -天哪 -怎么啦 |
[36:49] | He’s tying himself to us. | 他这是把自己和我们绑在一块 |
[36:52] | Kent– he’s tying our fates together. | 肯特 他在把我们跟他绑在一根绳上 |
[36:56] | Right now I’m being endorsed by a secular saint, | 现在 我是得到了一个现实中圣人的支持 |
[36:59] | but if the suit goes through, | 但如果发起起诉 |
[37:00] | I’m being endorsed by a sexual deviant. | 那就成了性变态在支持我 |
[37:03] | Right, right. | 对 对 |
[37:06] | He’s forcing you to call Alicia off. | 他在逼你阻止艾丽西娅 |
[37:09] | Kent was speaking at UC Santa Cruz. | 肯特当时去加州大学圣克鲁兹分校演讲 |
[37:11] | He stayed at the Scotts Valley Lodge. | 他住在斯科特山谷旅社 |
[37:15] | He requested a VIP massage | 他叫了VIP按摩服务 |
[37:17] | and apparently asked the masseuse, a Meredith Bordinay, | 根据查到的情况 他要求按摩师博蒂奈 |
[37:22] | for some sexual contact. | 与他进行性接触 |
[37:24] | And you trust this information? | 你相信这条信息? |
[37:26] | I spoke to the masseuse herself. | 我跟这位按摩师本人谈过了 |
[37:28] | She had complained to management, | 她曾向管理层投诉 |
[37:29] | but when they didn’t do anything about it, she dropped it. | 但他们没有采取任何措施 所以她也就算了 |
[37:32] | The statute of limitations have since passed so can’t bring suit. | 诉讼时效已经过了 所以她不能起诉了 |
[37:36] | Will she testify? | 她会出庭作证吗 |
[37:37] | She’s fragile, but I’m working on it. | 她很脆弱 不过我在设法说服她 |
[37:40] | – What’s going on? – There’s another masseuse. | -发生什么事了 -找到了另一个按摩师 |
[37:44] | The same thing. | 一模一样的遭遇 |
[37:48] | Bummer. | 我好失望 |
[37:49] | – I’ll go talk to Lara. – No, I will. | -我去跟劳拉谈 -不 我来 |
[37:53] | Ms. Lockhart, there’s a call for you. | 洛克哈特女士 有个电话找您 |
[37:55] | Ask if I can call back. | 说我待会回电 |
[37:56] | No, it’s Ms. Kent. Joe Kent’s wife. | 不 是肯特太太 乔·肯特的妻子 |
[38:14] | Hello, Mrs. Kent? | 你好 肯特太太 |
[38:15] | – Yes, is this Diane? – It is. | -是的 你是戴安吗 -我是 |
[38:18] | – I… is everything all right? – I don’t know. | -我… 您有什么事吗 -不知道 |
[38:22] | I wanted to talk to you about this suit you’re thinking of bringing. | 我想和你谈谈你们打算提起的诉讼 |
[38:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:28] | I want to ask you to not. | 我想请你不要起诉 |
[38:32] | Mrs. Kent, I’m sorry, but this– | 肯特太太 对不起 但这… |
[38:34] | it’s a bit unorthodox. | 这有点离经叛道 |
[38:36] | I just wanted to mention Joe’s work in the Congo, | 我只是想谈谈肯特在刚果的工作 |
[38:39] | how important it is. | 它非常重要 |
[38:41] | Do you know about it, Diane? | 你了解吗 戴安 |
[38:45] | – I do. – I hope you do, Diane. | -是的 -但愿你真了解 戴安 |
[38:48] | Good work requires money, and this isn’t just good work. | 做好事需要钱 这不仅仅是好事 |
[38:52] | This is essential work. | 这是非常重要的事 |
[38:53] | Women are dying there, thousands of women. | 那里成千上万的女性 正在一个接一个死去 |
[38:57] | This is not just a wife pleading for her husband, Diane. | 这不仅仅是妻子为丈夫求情 戴安 |
[39:01] | Joe can survive the embarrassment. | 肯特过得了这关 |
[39:03] | This suit will destroy our efforts in Africa. | 但这场诉讼会毁了我们在非洲的工作 |
[39:08] | Mrs. Kent, I’m sorry, I respect you mightily, | 肯特太太 对不起 我非常尊重您 |
[39:12] | I respect your husband, but I can’t let this sway me. | 也尊重您的丈夫 但我不能因此而动摇 |
[39:15] | Why not? | 为什么啊 |
[39:17] | This woman– what is she, who is she? | 这个女人 她算什么 她又是谁 |
[39:25] | Did your husband do it, ma’am? | 您丈夫有没有干这事 太太 |
[39:30] | Mrs. Kent? | 肯特太太 |
[39:33] | My husband moves people. | 我丈夫感动世人 |
[39:35] | My husband has made his life this cause. | 我丈夫以此作为他一生的事业 |
[39:39] | Does it matter? Does it matter if he did it? | 他有没有干这事 要紧吗 |
[39:41] | Doesn’t it matter to you? | 对您来说不要紧吗 |
[39:42] | No. I can say that with a clear conscience. | 不要紧 我可以问心无愧地说 |
[39:46] | The world needs my husband. | 世界需要我丈夫 |
[39:49] | It doesn’t matter to me. | 这事对我不要紧 |
[39:52] | – Thank you, Mrs. Kent. – Diane, don’t do this. | -谢谢您 肯特太太 -戴安 不要这样 |
[39:55] | – Please, it’s wrong. – Good-bye. | -拜托 这样做不对 -再见 |
[40:04] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[40:14] | That good, huh? | 谈得不错吧? |
[40:16] | – The goal is not to have heroes. – Really? | -理想的结局就是不要树立偶像 -是嘛? |
[40:20] | I thought the goal was to die with the most money. | 我还以为理想的结局是带着一大笔钱死去呢 |
[40:24] | It’s almost 11:00. Where are we? | 快到11点了 商量得如何了 |
[40:27] | Diane doesn’t have heroes anymore, | 戴安再也没有偶像了 |
[40:30] | and the firm is going to be trounced tomorrow | 而律所明天则将成为千夫所指 |
[40:32] | for dragging a saint into the gutter. | 因为我们把圣人拖进了地沟 |
[40:34] | You can tell Lara we’re taking her case. | 你可以去告诉劳拉 我们接她的案子 |
[40:38] | Good. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[41:06] | So… Carpton & Greene? | 那么…你要去卡普顿&格林律所? |
[41:08] | No, heading home. | 不 回家 |
[41:12] | We tried to do too much in one night, Lara. | 咱们这一晚确实太忙太累了 劳拉 |
[41:14] | Get some sleep, then give me a call in the morning. | 回去睡一觉 然后明早给我打电话 |
[41:17] | Uh, no, I’m done. | 不 我受够了 |
[41:24] | We found another masseuse he molested. | 我们找到了他侵犯过的另一个按摩师 |
[41:28] | She didn’t bring charges? | 她没有起诉? |
[41:29] | No, same thing happened to her. | 没有 她跟你一样的遭遇 |
[41:31] | She was giving him a massage, and he attacked her. | 她给他按摩 他侵犯了她 |
[41:35] | – Why didn’t she bring charges? – She was afraid. | -她为什么不起诉 -她害怕 |
[41:40] | And four years later this happens to you. | 4年后 同样的事情发生在你身上 |
[41:43] | We’ve only been looking into this a few hours, | 我们才查了几个小时 |
[41:45] | so there could be more women. | 可能还有更多受害女性 |
[41:51] | Then they need to do this, because I can’t. | 那就让她们来起诉吧 我是不行了 |
[41:58] | Lara, please just call me tomorrow. | 劳拉 请明天给我打电话 |
[42:05] | Everything you went through– | 你经历的所有这些 |
[42:07] | all the press, all the people talking about you– | 媒体的报道 大家对你的说三道四 |
[42:11] | was it hard? | 难吗 |
[42:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:17] | And it goes on? | 而且持续至今? |
[42:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:23] | They’ll look into me– | 他们会查我 |
[42:25] | the reporters and everyone– and… | 记者 还有所有的人 |
[42:29] | they’ll find stuff | 他们会有收获 |
[42:31] | because there is stuff. | 因为有料可挖 |
[42:34] | My parents, my sister. | 我的父母 我的姐姐 |
[42:39] | People really don’t want to believe this about him. | 人们不愿意相信他会干出这种事 |
[42:42] | I don’t want to believe this about him, so… | 我也不愿意相信 所以 |
[42:46] | I just won’t. | 我放弃了 |
[42:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |