时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Mr. Bishop? | 毕夏普先生 |
[00:03] | So I don’t you making the same mistake as the government, thinking that, | 我不希望你们和政府犯同样的错误 |
[00:06] | because of the color of my skin, I sell drugs. | 仅凭我的肤色就认定我是贩毒的 |
[00:08] | Why shouldn’t the courts be kept honest about Bishop? | 为什么法庭不该按规矩对待毕夏普 |
[00:10] | Everybody deserves representation. | 每个人都有权请律师代理 |
[00:12] | Does that stop suddenly when it comes to… | 难道这规矩不适用了 仅仅因为这是… |
[00:13] | A criminal organization whose sole purpose is to sell drugs? | 一个单纯以贩毒为目的的贩毒团伙? |
[00:16] | Blake Calamar. | 布莱克·卡拉马尔 |
[00:17] | In Baltimore, he was working two jobs. | 他在巴尔的摩干两份工作 |
[00:19] | When he wasn’t protecting Bond & Associates interest, | 当他不为邦德律所效劳时 |
[00:21] | he was out protecting MS-13, | 他就在保护黑帮团伙”野蛮萨尔瓦多人” |
[00:24] | Baltimore’s biggest meth gang. | 巴尔的摩最大的贩毒黑帮 |
[00:25] | Bond played us against each other. | 邦德挑拨我们 |
[00:27] | I don’t like being played. | 我不喜欢被玩弄 |
[00:29] | So I suggest we do the same to Bond. | 我建议我们以牙还牙 |
[00:33] | Counselor? | 控方律师? |
[00:39] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢你 法官大人 |
[00:41] | Mr. Rubio, what is your job? | 卢比奥先生 你的工作是什么 |
[00:42] | I’m a guard at the Northeast Illinois Correctional Center. | 我是伊州东北惩教中心的一名警卫 |
[00:45] | And what is this? | 这是什么 |
[00:48] | An outdoor cell on the yard. | 一个放在场地上的室外囚笼 |
[00:50] | We use it when an inmate acts up in the prison yard. | 如果犯人在监狱场地上犯事 我们就用这个 |
[00:53] | And did anyone act up on September 14th of last year? | 去年9月14日有人犯事吗 |
[00:55] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[00:56] | Some inmates got in a fight, | 有些犯人在斗殴 |
[00:58] | so I placed one in the cage. | 于是我把其中一个关进了囚笼 |
[01:00] | And was it this inmate? | 是这个囚犯吗 |
[01:02] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[01:03] | Jay Winston. | 杰·温斯顿 |
[01:04] | Then I turned away to handle the others, | 然后我就走开去处理别的囚犯了 |
[01:05] | and when I came back, he was… | 当我回来时 他就… |
[01:07] | Winston was stabbed. | 温斯顿被捅了 |
[01:10] | And this is how you found him? | 你发现时他就这样? |
[01:13] | Yes, sir. Dead. | 是的 死了 |
[01:15] | With this weapon? | 这是凶器? |
[01:16] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[01:17] | A shiv found inside the cage. | 在笼子里发现的小刀 |
[01:20] | And who did this shiv belong to? | 这把刀是谁的 |
[01:21] | Him. | 他的 |
[01:22] | You’re referring to Joey Church, inmate #321120? | 你指的是乔伊·丘奇 321120号囚犯? |
[01:26] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[01:27] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[01:36] | Mr. Rubio, | 卢比奥先生 |
[01:37] | were you aware of any previous conflicts | 据你所知 我的客户乔伊与被害人之间 |
[01:39] | between my client, Joey, and the victim? | 之前有过什么矛盾吗 |
[01:42] | No. | 没有 |
[01:42] | Winston had just been transferred in the week before. | 几周前温斯顿刚刚转监到此 |
[01:45] | And how long did my client have left on his 18 month sentence? | 我客户的18个月刑期还剩多久 |
[01:48] | Two weeks. | 两周 |
[01:49] | Do you find many convicts with two weeks left | 你见过很多刑期只剩两周的囚犯 |
[01:52] | on their sentence performing acts like this one? | 有这样的举动吗 |
[01:54] | Objection. | 反对 |
[01:56] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[01:58] | To clarify, Mr. Rubio, | 把话说清楚了 卢比奥先生 |
[02:01] | you didn’t see the stabbing occur? | 你没有亲眼目击了捅人的过程吧? |
[02:04] | No. Unfortunately, I did not. | 没有 很遗憾 我没有 |
[02:06] | And how did you determine that this shiv was my client’s? | 那你怎么知道这把小刀是我客户的 |
[02:09] | Well, they found his DNA on it. | 在上面发现了他的DNA |
[02:11] | But it was fashioned from his toothbrush, correct? | 但这把刀是用他的牙刷做的 对吗 |
[02:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:14] | So that would explain the DNA. | 这就解释了为什么会有他的DNA |
[02:15] | Objection. | 反对 |
[02:16] | Outside Mr. Rubio’s expertise. | 卢比奥先生不具备这样的专业知识 |
[02:18] | I think it’s just common sense, don’t you? | 我认为这只不过是常识 你认为呢 |
[02:21] | The defendant’s toothbrush would have his DNA on it. | 被告的牙刷上会有他的Dna |
[02:24] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[02:25] | Mr. Rubio, do inmates ever steal personal items from one another? | 卢比奥先生 囚犯相互之间经常偷东西吗 |
[02:30] | All the time. | 一直如此 |
[02:31] | So it’s possible that another inmate stole my client’s toothbrush? | 所以有可能是另一名囚犯偷了我客户的牙刷? |
[02:35] | Sure, possible. | 当然 有可能 |
[02:36] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[02:37] | Your Honor, at this time, we would like to be heard | 法官大人 现在我们提出 |
[02:40] | on precluding the prosecution’s next witness. | 排除控方的下一位证人 |
[02:42] | Your Honor, the defense had ample time to argue during pretrial. | 法官大人 辩方在预审时本有充足时间提出 |
[02:45] | Yes, but new information has come to our attention. | 是的 不过我们注意到一些新的信息 |
[02:47] | Come on. I’m always amazed | 得了吧 每次这些新信息得来之易 |
[02:47] | at how convenient this new information is. | 都令我大开眼界 |
[02:49] | Counselors. | 律师们 |
[02:51] | Shall we take this lovely little debating society into my chambers? | 去我的房间里继续可爱的辩论会活动吧? |
[02:56] | They’re coming after bought testimony. | 他们肯定抓着买来的证词不放 |
[02:58] | No. They’d play that in court. | 不 那个他们会留到法庭上说 |
[02:59] | It’s the lie detector. | 问题出在测谎仪 |
[03:00] | They dinged us on lack of motive. | 他们肯定反复提起缺乏动机 |
[03:01] | – We need our eyewitness. – I know. | -我们一定得让证人上 -我知道 |
[03:04] | Uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[03:06] | Whenever I see that bitch, I know we’re in trouble. | 每次看到那个贱人 我就知道有麻烦了 |
[03:12] | Their eyewitness denied seeing anything, Your Honor. | 他们的证人称什么也没看到 法官大人 |
[03:14] | Yes, initially, because he didn’t want to be seen as a stool pigeon. | 最初是这样 因为他不想被人看作眼线 |
[03:16] | We offered no deal. | 我们没有提供交换条件 |
[03:17] | Mr. Ellis changed his mind of his own free will. | 埃利斯先生完全是自己做出的决定 |
[03:19] | After the police conducted a lie detector test. | 那是在警方进行了测谎之后 |
[03:21] | A lie detector test he willingly agreed to. | 这个测试他是同意了的 |
[03:23] | Which caused him to change his mind | 这导致他改变了主意 |
[03:24] | and claim he saw this stabbing. | 声称看到了捅人的过程 |
[03:26] | Right. Because he was caught lying by the lie detector. | 对 因为他被测出在撒谎 |
[03:30] | Carob chips, anyone? | 角豆荚片 有人要吗 |
[03:33] | I’m good. | 我不用了 |
[03:34] | Um… The bottom line, Your Honor, | 法官大人 我们的底线是 |
[03:38] | is we don’t intend to reference the lie detector in court. | 不提及测谎的结果 |
[03:40] | We only intend to use Mr. Ellis’ testimony. | 我们只想采用埃利斯先生的证词 |
[03:42] | Your Honor, this is a sworn affidavit from Iderdex. | 法官大人 这是一份Iderdex公司的宣誓证明 |
[03:45] | It’s a manufacturer that services all Cook County lie detectors. | 这个公司提供了库克郡所有的测谎仪 |
[03:48] | They claim, during the week in question, | 他们证明 在测谎的那一周 |
[03:51] | the lie detector was out of service. | 测谎仪并不能使用 |
[03:52] | Clearly, this was a case of the police conducting an X detector. | 显然 警察使用了X探测器 |
[03:56] | That is guesswork. | 这完全是猜的 |
[03:57] | An X detector? Educate me. | X探测器? 说来听听 |
[04:00] | It’s when the police attach the suspect to a fake lie detector, | 警察把嫌犯接上假的测谎仪 |
[04:03] | such as an Xbox or a Xerox machine, | 比如说一台XBOX或者复印机 |
[04:06] | making him think that he’s been caught lying. | 然后让他以为他撒谎被测出来了 |
[04:08] | Your Honor, even if what Mrs. Florrick alleges is true, | 法官大人 就算福瑞克女士所言为真 |
[04:10] | I would cite People v. Lee. | 我想引用检察机关起诉李一案 |
[04:11] | The police have Lee way to misrepresent during an interrogation. | 警方也在审讯过程中误导了李 |
[04:18] | I know your boss thinks I’m pro-defense. | 我知道你的老板认为我是向着辩方的 |
[04:21] | Excuse me? | 您说什么 |
[04:22] | Your boss– Mr. Childs. | 你的老板 查尔兹先生 |
[04:24] | I know he thinks because I pal around | 我知道他认为我是向着辩方的 |
[04:26] | with Bill Ayers and the like that I’m pro-defense. | 只因我常和比尔·阿耶这样的人在一起 |
[04:30] | Well, I don’t believe that, Your Honor. | 我不这么认为 法官大人 |
[04:32] | The only problem is when I try to be pro-prosecution, | 问题是我向着控方的时候 |
[04:35] | the police pull a stunt like this. | 警方就犯下这种愚蠢的错误 |
[04:38] | People v. Lee is not absolute, Counselor. | 检察机关诉李一案并不一定要遵循 辩方律师 |
[04:42] | This was an extrinsic misrepresentation | 这是一个明显的误导 |
[04:45] | and therefore your eyewitness is excluded. | 因此你的证人被排除了 |
[04:48] | Thank the police, not me. | 都是警方的功劳 别谢我 |
[04:55] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[04:56] | I didn’t see that one coming. | 我没想到会有这一招 |
[04:57] | Ah, I have to keep you on your toes. | 我要帮你你时刻提高警惕 |
[04:59] | So, anything new on Blake? | 布莱克的事有什么进展吗 |
[05:02] | You just got my only eyewitness kicked | 你刚把我唯一的证人踢出去了 |
[05:03] | and you want my help? | 还指望我帮你? |
[05:05] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:08] | We’re talking a ten percent cut across all departments. | 整个部门经费要裁掉10% |
[05:11] | It’s not our choice. | 我们也没得选 |
[05:12] | If you haven’t noticed, | 不知你们注意到没有 |
[05:14] | Cook County is going through a budget crisis. | 库克郡正经历财政危机 |
[05:16] | So, everybody keep an eye on the O.T. | 大家注意点计费工时 |
[05:18] | and unload any dead wood. | 能省则省 |
[05:19] | We’ve got a dispo dump at the end of the month. | 月底我们会大清帐 |
[05:22] | So separate the chaff. | 大家好好筛一筛 |
[05:23] | What about investigator time? | 调查员工时怎么办 |
[05:26] | We just got beaten in court | 我们刚在法庭上一败涂地 |
[05:27] | because the defense was one step ahead of us. | 只因为辩方比我们抢先一步 |
[05:29] | We’re all doing more with less. | 我们都得勒紧裤腰带干活 |
[05:30] | Some of us aren’t. | 可有的人没有这么做 |
[05:35] | If you’re referring to the Bishop investigation, drugs are drugs. | 如果你指的是毕夏普案的调查 毒品案不一样 |
[05:38] | So we just let a case from Lockhart/Gardner slip through the cracks? | 那么洛克哈特&加德纳的案子就这么输了? |
[05:41] | If any case slips through the cracks, | 哪个案子要是输了 |
[05:43] | the problem isn’t the budget, the problem is the A.S.A. | 也不是预算的问题 而是助理检察官的问题 |
[05:46] | Get creative. | 激发你的创造力 |
[05:47] | Use what you know. | 利用已知的信息 |
[05:48] | Okay, moving on. | 好了 开工 |
[05:50] | Here’s what I know. | 这就是我已知的信息 |
[05:52] | No, we already questioned him. | 没用 我们已经盘问过他了 |
[05:54] | He had nothing to offer. | 他没别的可以提供了 |
[05:58] | He’s got a parole hearing in a week. | 他这周有个假释听证会 |
[05:59] | Yep. He might be more open to questioning. | 对 这样他可能愿意多说点 |
[06:03] | Getting creative. | 来点创造力 |
[06:05] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[06:09] | Don’t say anything about the hair. | 别谈他的新发型 |
[06:18] | What’s going on? | 你怎么了 |
[06:21] | I hate to lose. | 我讨厌失败 |
[06:23] | And I hate to lose to someone who’s outspending me two to one. | 我更讨厌败给当年二选一把我淘汰的人 |
[06:28] | You’re on that prison knifing, aren’t you? | 你在办那件监狱刺刀案 对吗 |
[06:30] | That’s just a pro bono for them. | 这对他们只是一桩法律援助案件 |
[06:31] | They got Kalinda on it. | 他们却派出了凯琳达 |
[06:34] | Let me look into that. | 那我去查查看 |
[06:40] | Diane Lockhart approached me. | 戴安·洛克哈特来找过我 |
[06:44] | About? | 干什么 |
[06:45] | A job. | 给我一个职位 |
[06:46] | And? | 然后呢 |
[06:48] | I don’t want to go. | 我不想去 |
[06:50] | But you’ve got student loans. | 但你还有助学贷款要还 |
[06:51] | Yes, I do. | 是的 没错 |
[06:58] | I put you on these Lockhart & Gardner cases | 我让你当洛克哈特&加德纳律所案子的公诉人 |
[07:01] | because you know them. | 是因为你了解他们 |
[07:02] | So, show me you know them. | 所以 让我看看你有多了解他们 |
[07:09] | Go ahead, read it. | 来啊 念出来啊 |
[07:11] | It says because I have a white husband, | 这上面说 因为我丈夫是白人 |
[07:13] | I’m not really Black. | 我也不是纯种黑人 |
[07:15] | It says my kids are half-breeds. | 还说我的孩子都是小杂种 |
[07:17] | It says they should be embarrassed to go to school. | 说他们在学校应该感到无地自容 |
[07:21] | Look at it. | 你看啊 |
[07:23] | It’s not us. | 不是我们干的 |
[07:25] | It’s being distributed in African-American neighborhoods. | 这传单正在黑人社区四处派发 |
[07:27] | Church parking lots. | 教堂 停车场 |
[07:28] | Makes no sense for me to go there. | 我没理由去做这种事 |
[07:30] | Let me read it to you. “Is she really..”” | 让我给你朗读一下吧 “她真的…” |
[07:32] | Come on, Wendy. | 拜托 温迪 |
[07:33] | We’re all adults. | 大家都是成年人了 |
[07:35] | We all could have gone into aluminum siding | 我们都有可能去卖铝制墙板 |
[07:37] | but we didn’t– we chose politics. | 但我们没有 我们选择了从政 |
[07:38] | I haven’t gone there with either of you. | 我从没对你们任何一个人使过这种手段 |
[07:40] | Well, congratulations. | 那恭喜你啊 |
[07:42] | And I’m telling you I didn’t do it. | 还有 不是我干的 |
[07:46] | Now tell me why you’re really here. | 现在告诉我你到底为什么来这儿 |
[07:49] | I want a two-way race. | 我更希望只有两个候选人 |
[07:51] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[07:53] | Peter’s desperate. | 彼得几乎走投无路了 |
[07:54] | He’s almost out of cash. | 他的竞选基金捉襟见肘 |
[07:55] | People are dangerous when they’re desperate. | 走投无路的人往往会铤而走险 |
[07:58] | Let’s talk about it. | 那我们谈谈吧 |
[08:00] | There’s certain things I can’t do. | 有些事情 我不能做 |
[08:03] | But I can? | 但我能做 |
[08:06] | Yes, ma’am. | 没错 女士 |
[08:08] | I was in the prison yard, | 我是在监狱院子里 |
[08:09] | but I didn’t see the attack. | 但我没有亲眼目睹那次袭击 |
[08:10] | I already said all this. | 这些我都说过了 |
[08:12] | Yeah, we noticed your parole hearing was in a week. | 对 我们注意到一周之内你有个假释听证会 |
[08:14] | We thought that might jog your memory. | 我们认为那或许能触动你的记忆 |
[08:19] | Look, | 听着 |
[08:20] | honestly, I didn’t see it happen. | 说句实在的 我没有亲眼目睹 |
[08:22] | But… Church told me he did it. | 但是 是丘奇告诉我 是他干的 |
[08:26] | He told you? | 他告诉你 |
[08:27] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:28] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我也不敢相信 |
[08:30] | Take a chance like that | 还有两个星期就刑满释放了 |
[08:32] | with two weeks left on your sentence? | 谁会做出那种事 |
[08:33] | Why didn’t you tell the investigator before? | 那你当时为什么不告诉调查员呢 |
[08:35] | He didn’t ask. | 他没问啊 |
[08:38] | So why did Church do it? | 所以 丘奇为什么会这么干 |
[08:39] | Did-did he say? | 他-他跟你说了吗 |
[08:41] | Because of what Winston called him. | 因为温斯顿对他的称呼 |
[08:44] | And what was that? | 称呼什么了 |
[08:50] | The “N” Word. | 黑鬼 |
[08:52] | So we have our motive. | 那么我们找到动机了 |
[08:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:56] | I love to see how uncomfortable | 我很期待看到这个动机 |
[08:57] | it makes you white folk. | 会让你们这些白鬼子多别扭 |
[08:59] | What? | 什么 |
[09:00] | Am I not supposed to say the “N” Word anymore? | 我跟你说过黑鬼吗 |
[09:02] | No, it makes me feel | 不 但是在后种族隔离时代 |
[09:04] | all warm and post-racial fuzzy. | 这依然让我很有共鸣 |
[09:06] | You know we have a problem now. | 你明白咱们现在遇到麻烦了吗 |
[09:09] | We have a motive, | 我们找到了动机 |
[09:10] | but it’s sympathetic. | 却很可能让陪审团感觉情有可原 |
[09:12] | How do you figure? | 你怎么知道 |
[09:12] | There’s four African- Americans on the jury. | 我们的陪审团里有四个非裔美国人 |
[09:14] | Church just killed someone who called him the “N” Word. | 丘奇只是杀了一个侮辱了他的人 |
[09:18] | So how is it going to go over with them? | 所以 怎么才能让他们站在咱们这边 |
[09:47] | Ms. Scott-Carr. | 斯科特-卡尔女士 |
[09:48] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[09:50] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[09:52] | It’s appalling. | 这确实很卑劣 |
[09:55] | My daughter brought it home from school. | 我女儿从学校把它带回家 |
[09:57] | She was crying. | 她一直在哭 |
[10:00] | I held her for an hour. | 我抱了她一个小时 |
[10:05] | I’m sorry. I’m really very sorry, | 我很抱歉 我也感到很难受 |
[10:07] | but I think you need to speak to my husband. | 但是 我觉得你该去找的是我丈夫 |
[10:11] | Because you’re just the wife? | 因为你只是他的妻子吗 |
[10:13] | No. Because the campaign is the campaign. | 不 因为竞选就是竞选 |
[10:19] | Do you believe there are certain things so… | 你相不相信 世上有一些 |
[10:24] | appalling, | 非常卑劣的事情 |
[10:26] | they’re no longer the campaign? | 卑劣到早已不在竞选范畴内? |
[10:28] | Yes. | 我相信 |
[10:29] | But I also think you are in a three-way race, | 但我同时认为你现在正处于三方竞选 |
[10:33] | and it’s unclear who did this. | 你不能确定究竟是谁干的 |
[10:37] | We’re both mothers first, aren’t we? | 首先 我们都已为人母 不是吗 |
[10:42] | Professional women concerned about the world, yes, | 职业女性关心世界吗 当然 |
[10:44] | but always our children come before everything. | 但最牵肠挂肚的 还是孩子 |
[10:48] | I would do anything for my daughters | 我愿意为我女儿做任何事 |
[10:52] | to see them not hurt, to see them not crying. | 只要她们能远离伤害 远离泪水 |
[10:56] | You’re the same? | 你和我一样吗 |
[10:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:09] | It alleges that your son got his girlfriend pregnant, | 这里宣称你儿子的女友怀孕了 |
[11:12] | and that your husband paid for their abortion. | 然后你丈夫付钱让她堕胎 |
[11:16] | I’m sure you join me in finding this appalling, too. | 我相信你也觉得这种说法很卑劣 |
[11:22] | And I’m sure there’s no truth to it, | 我相信那些都不是真的 |
[11:24] | as there was none to this. | 就像这也不是真的 |
[11:28] | I think President Obama tagged this part | 奥巴马总统在选举期间 |
[11:32] | of the campaign as the silly season. | 把这种情况描述为无聊季节 |
[11:36] | It’s an unfortunate characterization, | 这只是一种不算贴切的特征表述 |
[11:39] | ’cause I find nothing silly about this. | 因为我一点都不觉得无聊 |
[11:46] | Next time you want to come to my office, | 下次你要想来我办公室 |
[11:48] | you make an appointment. | 记得提前预约 |
[11:52] | As one mother to another, | 同为人母 我想跟你说 |
[11:54] | if you have any sway there, | 如果你对竞选能有一点影响 |
[11:56] | tell your campaign | 告诉你的竞选团队 |
[11:58] | to stop this silliness. | 停止这些蠢行 |
[12:00] | And I will make sure your children | 这样我可以让你的孩子 |
[12:03] | don’t come home crying. | 不至于哭着回家 |
[12:07] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[12:18] | To a better future. | 为了更好的未来 |
[12:40] | Do you know how patronizing this is? | 你这就是施恩于我们黑人么 |
[12:41] | I do, but is it true? | 我知道 但这是真的吗 |
[12:43] | So you think a white jury wouldn’t judge fairly | 所以你认为白人陪审团无法作出公平裁决 |
[12:44] | because the motive… | 就因为这动机… |
[12:45] | That’s different. | 那并不一样 |
[12:46] | There’s no white equivalent to the “N” Word. | 没有像”黑鬼”这样针对白人的词 |
[12:48] | Maybe there should be. | 或许应该有呢 |
[12:50] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[12:50] | So, you don’t think we’ll risk | 所以 你认为我们提出这一动机 |
[12:52] | jury nullification with this motive? | 并不会冒着被陪审团裁决无罪的危险? |
[12:54] | I think we can’t generalize. | 我觉得我们不能一概而论 |
[12:55] | I think people do things for a lot of reasons, | 我认为原因是多样的 |
[12:57] | and I think a generalization is being made here | 你们这种大而化之的想法 |
[12:59] | – based on… – O.J. | -则建立在… -辛普森杀妻案 |
[13:01] | Based on a false generalization | 建立在那种”非裔美国一定会 |
[13:03] | of African-American overreaction to a slur. | 对侮辱词汇产生过激反应”的错误概念上 |
[13:07] | This crime happened in prison. | 这桩案件发生在监狱里 |
[13:08] | This wasn’t a white wine garden party, this was prison. | 这不是什么白人的花园红酒派对 这是监狱 |
[13:12] | And I think we can argue, pretty convincingly, | 我们可以提出非常具有说服力的论证 |
[13:13] | that the “N” Word is tossed off with some frequency there. | 来说明黑鬼这词在那儿是常常被提及的 |
[13:17] | Then let’s go with the “N” Word. | 我们就从黑鬼这个词入手吧 |
[13:20] | It explains why Church would stab someone | 它解释了为什么在刑满前两周 |
[13:21] | two weeks before release. | 丘奇会捅死一个狱友 |
[13:23] | Geneva, you do the questioning. | 吉妮瓦 这次由你质询 |
[13:25] | – With relish. – And one more thing. | -荣幸之至 -还有件事 |
[13:27] | Mr. Agos had brought it to my attention | 艾格斯先生提醒我注意到了一点 |
[13:29] | that a defense investigator’s had much success against us. | 辩方律所的一位调查员常常能胜我们一筹 |
[13:32] | So I am stepping up our investigation into Kalinda Sharma. | 所以 我们要开始调查凯琳达·夏尔马 |
[13:35] | We believe the police have leaked to her, | 我们相信 警方时常会透露消息给她 |
[13:37] | judges have leaked to her, | 法官也透露消息给她 |
[13:38] | and even some of our own. | 甚至我们内部 也有人透露消息给她 |
[13:40] | I want you to keep track of all contact. | 我希望你们能密切注意一切动态 |
[13:43] | We are going to do our utmost | 我们要做到最好 |
[13:45] | to keep this a level battlefield, okay? | 来维持这场高水准之战 明白了吗 |
[13:48] | Good job, Cary. | 干得好 凯里 |
[13:50] | “Good job, Cary.” | “干得好 凯里” |
[13:52] | You know how long I’ve worked with him, and not a word? | 你知道我跟他干了多久了吗 没一句夸奖 |
[13:56] | Good job, Geneva. | 干得好 吉妮瓦 |
[13:57] | Yup, it helps to have a penis. | 是 男人总是有优势 |
[14:00] | The defense attorney is Alicia Florrick. | 辩护律师是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[14:02] | She’s smart. | 她很聪明 |
[14:03] | She’ll make you like her. | 她能让你有好感 |
[14:05] | She’ll ask if you’ve been offered anything | 她会问你是否有人 |
[14:08] | in exchange for your testimony. | 收买你作证 |
[14:10] | You need to be able to truthfully say no. | 需要你做到诚实回答 |
[14:12] | So I’m going to tell you | 所以我明确告诉你 |
[14:13] | exactly what we can’t offer you. | 我们不能帮你 |
[14:17] | We can’t put in a good word | 你下次的假释听证会 |
[14:20] | at your next parole hearing. | 我们不能为你说好话 |
[14:23] | We can’t trade you anything. | 不能跟你做任何交易 |
[14:25] | Not now. | 现在不能 |
[14:28] | Then she’s gonna ask you, what did I tell you next? | 然后她会问你 接下来我跟你说了什么 |
[14:32] | And I need you to remember something. | 我要你记住一些事 |
[14:36] | What? | 什么 |
[14:37] | Just give me a minute. | 请等一等 |
[14:45] | You going to get out? | 你出不出来 |
[14:48] | You need something? | 有什么事吗 |
[14:50] | Yeah. Why are you following me? | 是的 为什么跟踪我 |
[14:52] | – You? – Yeah. | -你? -是的 |
[14:54] | I’m not following you. | 我没跟踪你 |
[14:56] | Blake Calamar. | 布莱克·卡拉马尔 |
[14:57] | You here for Lockhart/Gardner or MS-13? | 你来是为洛克哈特&加德纳 还是黑帮团伙? |
[15:02] | Oh, you are working with some old information there, buddy. | 你的消息过时了 老兄 |
[15:05] | Okay, well, I got some advice for you, buddy. | 好吧 我给你一些建议 老兄 |
[15:07] | Don’t follow me. | 别跟着我 |
[15:09] | I’m just standing where I’m standing. | 我就是站在我该站的地方 |
[15:13] | I can make things difficult for you for both your jobs. | 我能让你 还有你的两份工作都不好过 |
[15:17] | Oh, you don’t want to do that. | 你不会那么做的 |
[15:18] | Actually, I do want to do that. | 实际上 我很想那么做 |
[15:20] | I just don’t know if I need to. | 我只是不知道有没有必要 |
[15:25] | You don’t carry a gun, college boy. | 你没带枪 大学生 |
[15:27] | I don’t need to. | 没必要 |
[15:28] | And you’re a hell of a long way from Baltimore. | 这儿可不是巴尔的摩 |
[15:39] | Go for it. It’s not mine. | 接电话吧 不是我的 |
[15:45] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:47] | Oh, hi, Ms. Lockhart. | 洛克哈特女士 |
[15:49] | How are you today? | 你今天怎么样 |
[15:51] | Oh, no. I’m-I’m good. | 不 我 我挺好 |
[15:54] | No, it’s a great time. | 不 过得很愉快 |
[15:55] | What can I do for you? | 我能为你做什么 |
[15:57] | What was that about? | 怎么回事啊 |
[15:59] | It’s, uh, posturing. | 摆姿态而已 |
[16:02] | Lockhart/Gardner’s second investigator. | 洛克哈特&加德纳的第二个调查员 |
[16:05] | They have two investigators on a pro bono? | 一个免费法律援助案 他们派出两个调查员? |
[16:11] | We need help. | 我们需要人手 |
[16:12] | So in your opinion, Mr. Howell, there was a motive? | 在你看来 霍维尔先生 有动机吗 |
[16:16] | Well, yeah. | 是的 |
[16:18] | He called him the “N” Word, so, sure. | 他叫他黑鬼 所以 是的 |
[16:21] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[16:27] | Mr. Howell, you’re in prison for check kiting? | 霍维尔先生 你因开空头支票而入狱 |
[16:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:32] | And I really regret it. | 我真的很后悔 |
[16:34] | I got behind in my bills, and you know, | 我欠了账单 你知道的 |
[16:36] | young, stupid mistake. | 年轻 愚蠢的错误 |
[16:38] | Did Mr. Agos prep you with that answer? | 艾格斯先生事先让你这么说的吗 |
[16:40] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[16:42] | And… | 他 |
[16:44] | what did he ask you to say? | 还让你说什么 |
[16:46] | Well, let me see if I can remember. | 看我能不能想起来啊 |
[16:48] | He said to tell you that I’d been offered nothing | 他说告诉你我没有 |
[16:50] | in exchange for my testimony, and that… | 被收买作证 还有 |
[16:52] | – And when he…? – Objection. | -他什么时候… -反对 |
[16:54] | Your Honor, Mrs. Florrick didn’t allow the witness to answer fully. | 法官大人 福瑞克女士没有让证人说完 |
[16:57] | Is that true, Mr. Howell? | 是吗 霍维尔先生 |
[16:58] | Oh, yeah. It’s a long answer. | 是的 还有呢 |
[17:01] | Continue. | 继续说 |
[17:03] | Well, then Mr. Agos said you’d ask me | 然后艾格斯先生说 |
[17:05] | an open-ended question which would allow me | 你会问我启发式的问题 |
[17:08] | to talk for a while about my answer. | 让我多说一会 |
[17:10] | Speaking from my heart, I’ve been offered nothing in trade for being here. | 说心里话 确实没有人收买我来作证 |
[17:14] | My reasons are of a personal nature. | 原因是人性 |
[17:16] | I found God in prison, | 我在监狱里遇到了上帝 |
[17:18] | and I’m remaking myself in His image. | 根据祂的要求重塑自我 |
[17:20] | It’s allowed me to look back on my life | 这能让我回顾我的生活 |
[17:22] | and realize where I’ve strayed from the path. | 意识到我在哪里迷了路 |
[17:26] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[17:28] | The race card. | 种族牌 |
[17:29] | Yes. They have their motive. | 是的 他们有自己的目的 |
[17:31] | The jury ate it up. | 陪审团接受了 |
[17:33] | And I walked right into a trap. | 我直接走进了陷阱里 |
[17:36] | Never ask an open-ended question. | 永远都别问启发式的问题 |
[17:38] | Okay, okay, let me talk to Blake. | 好吧 让我跟布莱克谈谈 |
[17:42] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[17:43] | He may have something. | 或许他有进展 |
[17:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[17:46] | It’s okay. You don’t have to. | 没关系 没必要懂 |
[17:47] | What do you mean? I’m the lead attorney. | 什么意思 我是首席律师 |
[17:49] | Why wouldn’t I have to? | 为什么我没必要懂 |
[18:10] | When you two decide on the strategy, tell me. | 你们俩决策好时 告诉我 |
[18:14] | So what I’m saying is we are not made of money. | 我要说的是 我们不是钱堆出来的 |
[18:17] | Mrs. Florrick. Hello. | 福瑞克女士 你好 |
[18:20] | Xerox room? | 复印室在哪里 |
[18:24] | Uh, anyway, we need to make | 不管怎样 我们需要 |
[18:26] | big moves with little gestures. | 小姿态大变动 |
[18:35] | Mrs. Florrick, this is a surprise. | 福瑞克女士 真没想到 |
[18:36] | Stay there. | 等一下 |
[18:51] | I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[18:53] | No. It’s Childs. | 不 是查尔兹 |
[18:55] | This flyer was designed | 设计这张传单 |
[18:56] | to undercut Wendy’s African-American base. | 是为了削弱温迪 美国黑人的基础 |
[18:59] | That’s not in Childs’ interests. | 那不是查尔兹感兴趣的 |
[19:01] | It is in ours. Peter’s. | 是我们的 彼得的 |
[19:03] | Childs is looking toward the endgame; | 查尔兹只期待结果 |
[19:05] | votes are votes. | 选票就是选票 |
[19:07] | He wants African-Americans to sit on their hands. | 他希望美国黑人袖手旁观 |
[19:09] | We have supporters… | 我们有支持者 |
[19:13] | who are willing to do what we want. | 愿意听我们指挥的 |
[19:15] | As does Childs. As does Wendy. | 查尔兹也有 温迪也有 |
[19:17] | And you’re in contact with them? With ours? | 你和他们有联系吗 我们的支持者 |
[19:19] | Some, but I don’t control them. | 有一些 但我不支配他们 |
[19:31] | Where did you get this? | 这是哪来的 |
[19:33] | Wendy. | 温迪给的 |
[19:34] | She visited my office. | 她去过我的办公室 |
[19:36] | – Have you talked to Peter? – Not yet. | -你跟彼得说过吗 -还没有 |
[19:40] | I will take care of this. | 我会处理的 |
[19:42] | Do. | 处理吧 |
[19:46] | Um, these would be helpful to me. | 这些对我会有用处的 |
[19:54] | That help we need, we’ll find it here. | 我们需要的人 会在这里找到的 |
[19:56] | We find a five-year-old investigator? | 找五岁的调查员吗 |
[19:59] | Or a six-year-old. | 或者六岁 |
[20:03] | Andrew! | 安德鲁 |
[20:07] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[20:07] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[20:11] | The clarion call of duty. | 父亲责任的召唤 |
[20:13] | The Innocence Project was a million years ago. | 无罪计划是一百万年前的事了 |
[20:16] | It was two years ago, and you were the best one there. | 两年前而已 你是那里最棒的 |
[20:18] | Yeah, well, I’m Super Dad now, see? | 是 现在我是超级奶爸 知道吗 |
[20:21] | Nina’s IPO goes public next month. | 下个月 妮娜公司首次挂牌交易 |
[20:23] | I don’t need the sofa change Cook County offers. | 我得照顾家里 不能为库克郡效力了 |
[20:25] | Then do it for the fun. Come on. | 为了乐趣做吧 来吧 |
[20:27] | You’re not a stay-at-home dad. | 你不是家庭主男 |
[20:30] | Honey, go over there and play, baby. | 亲爱的 去那里玩吧 宝贝 |
[20:32] | Daddy needs to brush off these nice people. | 爸爸需要打发掉这些好人 |
[20:35] | Bryan Stone– used to be an airline executive | 布莱恩·斯通 过去是航空公司总裁 |
[20:37] | until his wife started a line of purses. | 直到他妻子开创了自己的皮包品牌 |
[20:39] | Rodrigo Thorton just retired from the Second Circuit. | 罗德里格·瑟顿刚从第二芯片公司退休 |
[20:41] | His wife invented a computer app | 他妻子发明计算机应用程序 |
[20:43] | that just made its first million. | 刚挣了一百万 |
[20:44] | I’m in good company. | 我这有一帮好伙伴 |
[20:45] | You’re being bred like the Matrix. | 你就像被黑客帝国里的母体控制了一样 |
[20:47] | Yeah, well, let ’em. | 是的 让他们控制吧 |
[20:48] | I’m tired of bringing home the bacon. | 我厌倦了在外打拼 |
[20:50] | Come on. We’ve got good dental. | 得了吧 我们是铁嘴铜牙 |
[20:56] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[20:58] | You’ve seen this? What Blake found? | 见过这个吗 布莱克找到的 |
[21:01] | I have now. | 现在见过了 |
[21:02] | You think we should use it? | 你认为我们应该利用这个吗 |
[21:05] | I think I was told to defer to the partners, | 我之前被要求听从合伙人的意见 |
[21:07] | so that’s what I’ll do. | 因此我会照做 |
[21:10] | And if you weren’t deferring? | 照你自己的意见看呢 |
[21:14] | I would ask if it were true. | 我会问问这是不是真的 |
[21:16] | We’re running into difficulties with the original strategy. | 我们之前的策略有点不灵光了 |
[21:19] | Yes, but if the new strategy isn’t true, | 没错 但如果我们的新战略缺乏真实性 |
[21:21] | it’ll be easy to undercut. | 那就很容易任人宰割 |
[21:26] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[21:27] | I think we don’t have much choice. | 我觉得我们很被动 |
[21:30] | So you have no memory | 所以你并不记得 |
[21:31] | of Mr. Winston calling you the “N” Word? | 温斯顿先生曾叫你黑鬼 对吗 |
[21:34] | No. I mean, I’m not saying he didn’t, | 不记得 但不代表他没说过 |
[21:36] | but, hey, if inmates killed based on that, | 可是如果囚犯会因为这个被杀 |
[21:40] | there’d be nobody left in prison. | 那监狱里估计早就没人了 |
[21:42] | Did anything unusual happen the day before | 在温斯顿先生被害的前一天 |
[21:44] | – Mr. Winston was killed? – Yeah. | -有什么异常的事情发生吗 -有 |
[21:46] | A man visited me in prison. | 有人到监狱里来看望我 |
[21:48] | What man? | 什么人 |
[21:49] | I don’t know. He was about mid-30s, | 我不认识 他大概三十多岁 |
[21:51] | white, five-ten. | 白人 接近一米八 |
[21:54] | He was wearing a baseball cap. | 他戴了个棒球帽 |
[21:56] | This man? | 是这个人吗 |
[21:57] | Objection, Your Honor! | 反对 法官大人 |
[21:58] | This is surveillance video from the Northeast Illinois | 这是伊利诺伊州东北惩教中心的 |
[22:00] | Correctional Center on July tenth. | 七月十日的监视录像 |
[22:02] | I’ll allow. | 可以使用 |
[22:04] | And you had never seen this man before? | 你在之前从未见过这个人对吗 |
[22:07] | Never. | 对 |
[22:08] | Who’s that in the photo he’s showing you? | 他给你看的照片里的人是谁 |
[22:11] | My daughter, Evie. | 我女儿 伊维 |
[22:14] | – She’s ten months old. – Oh, hell. | -她十个月大了 -见鬼 |
[22:16] | And why did this man show you a photo of our daughter? | 这个人为何要把你女儿的照片给你看 |
[22:21] | He said he’d kill her | 他说如果我不对 |
[22:23] | if I didn’t do something about Jay Winston. | 杰·温斯顿动手的话他就会杀掉她 |
[22:25] | Mr. Church, | 丘奇先生 |
[22:27] | did you kill Jay Winston? | 是你杀了杰·温斯顿吗 |
[22:30] | Yes. | 是 |
[22:32] | And why did you? | 你为何杀他 |
[22:35] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[22:36] | I never hurted nobody before ever, but… | 在这之前我没有伤害过任何人 |
[22:40] | he had a photo of my little girl. | 但是他有我女儿的照片 |
[22:41] | He… | 他 |
[22:43] | It was taken from inside my house. | 这照片是从我家拿来的 |
[22:46] | He said he’d kill my whole family. | 他威胁说要杀掉我全家 |
[23:02] | It’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[23:05] | Okay, tell us. | 好 说说吧 |
[23:06] | Tell you what, that it’s not true? | 说什么 说这不是真的吗 |
[23:09] | It’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[23:10] | All of it? | 全都不是真的吗 |
[23:12] | Yeah, all of it. | 没错 |
[23:14] | Dad, they say things | 爸爸 因为竞选 |
[23:15] | about your campaign all the time. | 他们对我们的恶意中伤就没消停过 |
[23:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:20] | And Becca, is she your… | 贝卡 是你的 |
[23:23] | – is she your girlfriend? – No. | -是你的女朋友吗 -不是 |
[23:26] | She was. | 以前是 |
[23:28] | Not anymore. | 现在不是了 |
[23:29] | You know, it’s just that | 只是 |
[23:31] | we never really talked about it, Zach. | 我们都没有好好谈过此事 扎克 |
[23:34] | Dad, please. It’s okay. | 爸爸 拜托 没事的 |
[23:35] | Well, you need to protect yourself. | 你得学会保护自己 |
[23:38] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[23:41] | Zach and I talked last year | 去年 扎克和我谈过这事 |
[23:44] | when you were… away. | 在你不在的时候 |
[23:47] | I found condoms in his backpack. | 我在他的包里发现了避孕套 |
[23:49] | Not mine. | 那不是我的 |
[23:50] | It’s a friend’s. | 是一个朋友的 |
[23:51] | And I kept them. | 我把它没收了 |
[23:53] | And we were to talk if he ever needed them. | 如果那些是他要自己用的 我们就该谈谈了 |
[23:59] | I know it’s hard for you to talk to us. | 我知道让你对我们倾诉很难 |
[24:01] | But we’re here. | 但我们一直在这里 |
[24:03] | We’re always here for you. | 我们一直都会陪着你的 |
[24:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:10] | Hey, Dad, | 爸爸 |
[24:12] | is it getting out? | 这个会传出去吗 |
[24:13] | No. | 不会 |
[24:15] | We’re going to stop it. | 我们要阻止这消息 |
[24:18] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[24:22] | Well, that was a farce. | 这可真是场闹剧 |
[24:25] | Why? You don’t believe him? | 为什么 你不相信他吗 |
[24:27] | Would you have told your parents? | 要是你的话你会和家长说吗 |
[24:30] | We didn’t tell my parents. | 我们可没老实和家长交代 |
[24:33] | Christmas vacation– | 圣诞假期 |
[24:34] | we were supposed to sleep in separate rooms. | 我们本该分房睡的 |
[24:37] | Yeah, but we were a heck of a lot older than Zach. | 是啊 但当时我们比扎克的岁数大很多 |
[24:39] | And kids are growing up a heck of a lot faster. | 现在的小孩都早熟 |
[24:46] | You could have told me about the condoms, you know. | 你该告诉我避孕套的事 |
[24:49] | Yeah, I could have. | 是啊 |
[24:55] | I want to share the bedroom again. | 我想以后和你一起睡 |
[25:02] | My parents slept in separate bedrooms for 20 years. | 我的父母分居了20年 |
[25:07] | I don’t want my parents’ marriage. | 我不想我的婚姻像他们的那样 |
[25:10] | I don’t either. | 我也不想 |
[25:12] | Because I’m not just a dad. | 因为我不仅仅是个父亲 |
[25:15] | I’m not just a man on your arm. | 我不仅仅是你的社交伴侣 |
[25:16] | And I’m not just your roommate. | 也不仅仅是你的室友 |
[25:21] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:24] | So? | 那么 |
[25:27] | I need to think. | 我需要考虑 |
[25:36] | So who is he? | 那他是谁 |
[25:38] | He had to sign in. | 他得签字才能进去 |
[25:40] | We had to sign in. | 我们也是这样 |
[25:41] | He did sign in– | 他确实签了字 |
[25:42] | under an assumed name. | 但签的是假名 |
[25:43] | Fake license. | 假的驾照 |
[25:44] | How is that possible? It… | 这怎么可能 |
[25:47] | It isn’t. | 是不可能 |
[25:49] | Somebody made a mistake. | 有人犯了个错误 |
[25:51] | Rita? | 丽塔 |
[25:53] | Who? Who signed him in? | 谁 谁让他签字进去的 |
[25:56] | No. The baby carrots. | 不 小胡萝卜 |
[25:58] | Just tell her the baby carrots are a train. | 告诉她小胡萝卜是个火车 |
[26:00] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:03] | Who signed him in? | 谁放他进去的 |
[26:05] | That’s where this gets interesting. | 这才是有意思的部分 |
[26:06] | I don’t remember much about him. | 我不太记得他了 |
[26:08] | I guess he used a fake I.D., huh? | 他大概是用了假证件 对吧 |
[26:11] | Yeah. So it’s just… | 是啊 所以 |
[26:14] | it’s kind of odd. | 真是赶巧了 |
[26:16] | How many guards are there here? | 这里有多少警卫 |
[26:17] | 285. 63 per shift. | 285人 每班63个 |
[26:20] | And yet, in the matter of one week I’ve dealt with you twice. | 但是一周之内我要对付你两次 |
[26:24] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[26:25] | I think what he means… Oh, sorry. | 他的意思是 抱歉 |
[26:28] | It’s probably just… It’s nap time. | 现在大概是 午觉时间了 |
[26:31] | Hold on, Rita. | 等一下 丽塔 |
[26:33] | I think what he means is, | 我想他的意思是 |
[26:34] | not only were you turned the wrong way during the murder, | 在谋杀案发生时违规作业的是你 |
[26:37] | you’re also the guard who let the mystery baseball man in. | 后来让神秘的棒球男子进入的也是你 |
[26:42] | Go ahead, Rita. | 说吧 丽塔 |
[26:45] | So? | 然后呢 |
[26:47] | Just interesting, isn’t it? | 只是很有趣 不是吗 |
[26:49] | I find it so. | 我也觉得 |
[27:01] | This is not looking good. | 看起来可不妙啊 |
[27:03] | I know we don’t consult. | 我知道我们之间从不协商事情 |
[27:04] | I know we don’t coordinate. | 我知道我们不用协调 |
[27:06] | But if we had a safe word, | 但是如果我们之前约定过一个求救暗语的话 |
[27:08] | I would be screaming it right now. | 我现在绝对已经喊出来了 |
[27:10] | You want me to stop whipping you? | 你不希望我继续鞭策你了吗 |
[27:12] | Wendy Scott-Carr. | 是温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[27:13] | The flyers involving her white husband. | 关于她丈夫的广告传单 |
[27:15] | I don’t know if they’re us, | 我不知道是不是我们的人干的 |
[27:16] | but if they are, stop. | 但如果是的话 立马停手 |
[27:18] | You want to know if they’re us? | 你想知道是不是我们的人干的是吗 |
[27:19] | No, but if they are, I need them to stop. | 不 如果是的话 叫他们停手 |
[27:22] | That would be consulting. | 这就成了协商了 |
[27:23] | Yes. Which I’m not doing. | 没错 所以我不这么做 |
[27:25] | Okay, here’s the problem. | 好吧 有个问题 |
[27:28] | Do you want to know the problem? | 你想知道问题在哪里吗 |
[27:30] | I can’t stop, | 我停不下来 |
[27:32] | because they’re not us. | 因为不是我们干的 |
[27:34] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[27:36] | That’s your prerogative. | 那是你的权利 |
[27:38] | I do know who they are, though. | 但我确实知道是幕后黑手是谁 |
[27:39] | Who? | 谁 |
[27:40] | Your PAC. | 你的赞助者 |
[27:44] | You took the money. | 你拿了他们的钱 |
[27:46] | They’re insuring their investment. | 他们在保证他们的投资有利可图 |
[27:49] | You can tell them to stop, | 你可以叫他们住手 |
[27:51] | but you’re going to have to find some new money. | 但你就得去找新赞助了 |
[27:54] | So we tell them to stop with the racist flyers, | 阻止他们发种族攻击传单 |
[27:57] | they take away the money and our campaign is out of business. | 他们撤资 我们歇菜 是这样吧 |
[28:01] | Yep, that’s about it. | 就是这样 |
[28:05] | But who said a conscience is cheap? | 良知需要代价嘛 |
[28:10] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[28:11] | Prison guard’s work history. | 那个狱警的简历 |
[28:13] | Look at his job two years ago. | 看他两年前那工作 |
[28:15] | Leacrest Stables. | 里克勒斯马厩 |
[28:18] | Lemond Bishop. | 莱蒙德·毕夏普的马厩 |
[28:19] | – He owns them. – But I don’t get it. | -是他的产业 -可我不懂 |
[28:21] | Why would Lemond Bishop want Winston dead? | 毕夏普为什么派人杀温斯顿 |
[28:24] | Here, halfway down the page. | 看这页中间 |
[28:25] | Transfer notice. | 转狱通知 |
[28:26] | Winston was to be transferred to a courthouse holding cell | 安排温斯顿转往法院拘留室 |
[28:29] | for a week. | 呆一星期 |
[28:29] | For questioning? | 要讯问他吗 |
[28:30] | It doesn’t say. | 没有明说 |
[28:31] | Spilling to the Feds. | 是联调局要问话 |
[28:33] | – Let’s say Winston has dirt on Lemond Bishop. – Daddy. | -假设温斯顿有毕夏普的料 -爸爸 |
[28:36] | Now, if I were… Hello. | 如果我是… 你好呀 |
[28:38] | If I were Lemond Bishop, | 如果我是莱蒙德·毕夏普 |
[28:40] | then I would want to get rid of him, wouldn’t I? | 我也会想干掉他 对吧 |
[28:44] | So we have to prove Church wasn’t just a pawn. | 那我们要证明 丘奇并非身不由己 |
[28:48] | He was part of it. | 他也参与了策划 |
[28:49] | No, we just have to go out just for a few minutes | 我们要出去溜达一会 |
[28:51] | to do a little research, don’t we? | 视察视察 对吧 |
[28:53] | And then we’ll be back. | 一会就回来 |
[29:03] | – Oh, really? – Oh, Mr. Gold. | -是么 -戈德先生 |
[29:06] | Becca. Thank you, ladies. | 贝卡你好 女士们请回避 |
[29:07] | See ya. | 再见 |
[29:08] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜 -拜 |
[29:12] | You seem… upset. | 你 不太高兴 |
[29:17] | How is it that I can manage aldermen and judges | 我连市议员和法官们都搞定了 |
[29:20] | and yet I still seem to have | 可我怎么偏偏 |
[29:22] | this ridiculous little mean girl thorn in my shoe. | 拔不掉你这小妞的刺儿呢 |
[29:25] | Maybe you’re secretly in love. | 你暗恋我呗 |
[29:28] | Here’s the thing. | 这样 |
[29:30] | I’m not going to ask, | 我不问话 |
[29:30] | ’cause I know you’ll only lie, | 因为你没实话 |
[29:32] | and that’s okay. | 这没所谓 |
[29:34] | It actually makes things easier. | 反倒挺方便 |
[29:36] | What things? | 方便什么 |
[29:38] | When you’re asked, you did not sleep with Zach. | 有人问 你就说 你没和扎克上床 |
[29:42] | You did not hook up with him. | 没和他乱搞 |
[29:43] | You did not have an abortion. | 也没堕胎 |
[29:46] | You don’t have to think. Just say yes. | 别琢磨 答应就行 |
[29:48] | Yes. | 好 |
[29:49] | – And what if I did? – What if you did what? | -如果我做了呢 -什么 |
[29:52] | Slept with Zach, and had an abortion? | 和扎克睡了 还堕了胎 会怎样 |
[29:57] | Then we’d have to discuss what was provable. | 那得看你有没有证据了 |
[30:01] | Lake Drive Health Center. | 湖道健康中心 |
[30:03] | I was there on May 18th. | 我5月18日去过 |
[30:06] | Oops. | 哎哟喂 |
[30:07] | Does that make your job harder? | 让你为难了吗 |
[30:10] | – Listen… – No, Mr. Gold, I’m tired of listening. | -听着 -不 戈德先生 我听够了 |
[30:13] | Have Zach phone me. | 让扎克打给我 |
[30:15] | I like Zach. | 我挺喜欢扎克 |
[30:17] | I don’t want to make his life harder. | 不想让他为难 |
[30:18] | I want to make it easier. | 我想帮他一把 |
[30:20] | May 18th. | 5月18号 |
[30:24] | Working back, you weren’t showing, | 来做志愿者那时看不出来 |
[30:26] | so that means a March, April conception. | 那就是三四月间怀上的 |
[30:30] | That’s when you were sleeping with Mr. Hock– | 那时你男朋友该是霍克先生 |
[30:33] | you’re after-school college prep tutor. | 你大学预科的导师 |
[30:37] | Yes. Appalling, isn’t it? | 没错 吓人吧 |
[30:40] | I investigate my opponents. | 我可是会调查对手身家的 |
[30:43] | Too bad you don’t have the resources to do the same. | 可惜你一个小姑娘 没法以牙还牙 |
[30:46] | So… | 那么 |
[30:48] | whenever anyone asks whether you slept with Zach, | 如果有人问 你和扎克睡过没 |
[30:51] | what do you say? | 你要怎么答呢 |
[30:55] | It’s very easy. | 很简单的 |
[30:56] | I know, given your history, | 你一向贼得很 |
[30:58] | it’s probably a new word for you, | 这词儿你多半不熟 |
[31:00] | but you say no. | 我教你 “没有” |
[31:03] | Let’s try it. | 说说看 |
[31:08] | No. | 没有 |
[31:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:10] | Always lovely, Becca. | 谈话愉快 贝卡 |
[31:26] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[31:28] | Just saying hello. | 来问声好 |
[31:31] | Kalinda, why don’t… | 凯琳达 要么 |
[31:37] | I want to talk to you, but I’m going to head out. | 我跟你谈 不过我先走 外面说 |
[31:44] | You’re being investigated. | 他们在调查你 |
[31:46] | What? | 什么 |
[31:47] | Childs. | 查尔兹的人 |
[31:49] | You’re doing too well. | 你查到的太多了 |
[31:52] | It won’t be much of an investigation, | 那调查我也没用 |
[31:54] | ’cause I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我可没犯法 |
[31:56] | A lot of people leak to you. | 可很多人向你泄密 |
[32:00] | Yeah, friends. | 那都是朋友 |
[32:02] | Yeah. Well, they’re going to be scarce. | 是吗 这些朋友迟早对你爱莫能助 |
[32:06] | Does that mean you as well? | 你也会吗 |
[32:11] | What are you guys doing with Bishop? | 你们干嘛管毕夏普 |
[32:13] | I thought Will and Diane backed away from him. | 威尔和戴安不是没接他案子吗 |
[32:15] | Yeah, they did. | 没错 |
[32:17] | The Church defense? | 那为什么帮丘奇辩护 |
[32:19] | It’s not some little pro bono, is it? | 这不是一般的法律援助吧 |
[32:22] | You don’t put two investigators on a pro bono. | 一般的法律援助才不会动用两个调查员 |
[32:27] | I, um, I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[32:30] | You know what I think? | 知道我怎么想吗 |
[32:32] | I think you guys are auditioning for Bishop. | 你们是想拿下毕夏普的生意 |
[32:46] | – Bishop? – Yep. | -毕夏普吗 -对 |
[32:49] | I thought we were out of the drug kingpin business. | 这毒枭的案子不是推了吗 |
[32:53] | He lost his previous representation, | 他的律师跳槽了 |
[32:55] | and my guess is, it’s too lucrative. | 我猜现在重赏之下必有勇夫 |
[32:59] | Do you ever feel like we’re on the wrong side? | 你有没觉得我们帮错人了 |
[33:02] | All the time. | 我们总帮坏人 |
[33:06] | Maybe it’s not bad. | 形势不错 |
[33:09] | There are 44 equity partners. | 有44个股东 |
[33:12] | We need 23 to vote Bond out. | 要赶走邦德 得23票 |
[33:14] | He has 22 certain votes. | 有22人肯定支持他 |
[33:16] | No, 28. | 不 28人 |
[33:18] | How do you figure? | 怎么说 |
[33:18] | His people… | 他的人 |
[33:20] | plus the people in Litigation we pissed off. | 还有诉讼部里我们的冤家 |
[33:22] | 24 maybe. And they may not be so certain | 那就24票吧 不过也难说 |
[33:25] | if they knew that Bond was making a deal | 他们要知道邦德签了个毒枭客户 |
[33:27] | with a drug kingpin. | 会怎么想 |
[33:29] | Or they may be more certain. | 说不定更坚定了 |
[33:30] | It’s a new economy. | 助纣为虐才赚钱嘛 |
[33:31] | That’s what the Joey Church defense was about, right? | 所以要为乔伊·丘奇辩护 对吧 |
[33:34] | We represent Church to gain favor with Bishop. | 以取得毕夏普的信任 |
[33:37] | Yep, we successfully defend a Bishop lieutenant, | 对 帮他保住个兵 |
[33:39] | he swings business our way. | 他就跟我们签生意 |
[33:41] | It’s a smart move. Brings in a fast influx. | 聪明 这收益很客观 |
[33:43] | So we need to start lining up votes now. | 所以我们要开始拉票了 |
[33:49] | We can’t be seen together so much. | 我们少呆一块 |
[33:50] | – He’ll get suspicious. – Yep. I’ll talk to you later. | -他会怀疑的 -好 回头再说 |
[33:53] | It’s money, hand over fist! What were you thinking?! | 这可是一大笔钱 你想什么呢 |
[33:56] | You can do better. Do it! | 你能行 搞定它 |
[34:00] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[34:01] | Internecine warfare creates healthy competition. | 内战也是健康竞争 |
[34:05] | Hey, I know it from my business. | 我是内行 还用你说 |
[34:06] | Show me results and I’m happy. | 有成绩 一切好说 |
[34:08] | Okay, Andrew, we’re freezing our asses off out here. | 安德鲁 这他妈冻死了 |
[34:10] | Hey! Hey-hey-hey-hey! | 有小孩呢 文明点 |
[34:13] | All right, all right, sorry. | 行行行 对不起 |
[34:14] | What did you find? | 有什么新情况 |
[34:17] | Joey Church. | 乔伊·丘奇 |
[34:19] | Good respectable dad. | 顾家好爸爸 |
[34:20] | Good respectable meth habit. | 甲安菲他明成瘾 |
[34:22] | No apparent connection to Mr. Bishop. | 和毕夏普没什么交情 |
[34:24] | Never worked for him. Never bought from him. | 没跟他打工 没跟他买毒品 |
[34:26] | They move in completely different circles. | 俩人圈子截然不同 |
[34:28] | I’m not seeing much good here. | 这可不好办啊 |
[34:29] | Hey! Hey, slow down! | 开慢点儿 |
[34:32] | Oh, you’re gonna stop? | 怎么 你要停下了吗 |
[34:36] | Listen, we got kids in this neighborhood, okay? | 听着 这一区有很多孩子 |
[34:37] | So if you’re gonna drive… | 如果你打算开到 |
[34:38] | Shove it! | 滚开 |
[34:44] | Ever hear of Northbrook Youth Soccer? | 听说过北溪青年足球队吗 |
[34:48] | Are you talking to us? | 你在跟我们说话吗 |
[34:50] | Northbrook, kids soccer league? | 北溪队 儿童足球联盟的 |
[34:51] | Okay, I haven’t heard of it, but I imagine it exists. | 没听说过 但是我猜有这么回事儿 |
[34:55] | Tree Frogs. It’s Youth Soccer. | 树蛙队 是个青年足球队 |
[34:57] | It’s 2006. | 这是2006年 |
[34:58] | Wasn’t a very good year for them. | 那年他们不太走运 |
[35:01] | Five losses, three wins. | 输五场 胜三场 |
[35:03] | Look who the coach is. | 看看谁是教练 |
[35:04] | That’s Joey Church. | 是乔伊·丘奇 |
[35:07] | See, here’s the thing– Hey, Brian. | 是这样的 布莱恩 |
[35:08] | I got a vehicle behind on tickets. | 有辆车超速 |
[35:10] | It’s a gray Lexus, 2009. | 2009年款的灰色雷克萨斯 |
[35:12] | Plate is 9-Texas- Howard-2304. | 车牌号是 9Th2304 |
[35:17] | No, he needs a wheel lock. | 不 得给他配个轮胎锁 |
[35:19] | Yeah, right. Thanks. | 对 谢了 |
[35:22] | I never want you as an enemy, man. | 我绝不跟你作对 兄弟 |
[35:24] | So I’m looking at this photo, it occurs to me; | 看到这张照片的时候 我突然想起 |
[35:26] | the sponsor… | 球队赞助商 |
[35:28] | Fast & Elegant Dry Cleaners. | 是速雅干洗店 |
[35:30] | -Bishop. -Yep. | -毕夏普 -没错 |
[35:32] | It’s one of his legit businesses. | 是他名下的一门正当生意 |
[35:34] | Before Church got into trouble, he was coaching his son’s team, | 丘奇惹祸上身之前是他儿子的教练 |
[35:37] | and he solicited Bishop for sponsorship. | 他向毕夏普拉过赞助 |
[35:39] | So we can show they knew each other. | 那么我们可以证明他们俩早就认识 |
[35:42] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[35:43] | As far as we can tell, yes. | 到目前为止 是的 |
[35:45] | Church was in league with Bishop. | 丘奇和毕夏普在同一个联赛里共事过 |
[35:48] | We could turn him. | 我们可以让他倒戈相向 |
[35:49] | Get him to testify against Bishop. | 让他做出对指控毕夏普的证词 |
[35:50] | Or get him to turn on a lieutenant. | 或者利用他从老大的副手打开缺口 |
[35:52] | Work up the pyramid. | 由下至上逐个击破 |
[35:53] | Just so we’re clear. | 正是如此 我们可以了结此案 |
[35:55] | We’ve built a very strong case against Church. | 我们已经找到一个了很有力的理由对付丘奇 |
[35:57] | Yes, but Church is a small fish. | 没错 但是丘奇只是小卒 |
[35:59] | Bishop is the whopper. | 毕夏普才是条大鱼 |
[36:00] | A whopper you spent the last five years trying to land. | 你花了五年的时候试图钓到这条大鱼 |
[36:03] | And now we have new life. | 可现在我们有眉目了 |
[36:04] | By decimating our case? | 以毁掉我们的案子为代价 |
[36:05] | No, by turning the case. | 不 是接手这个案子 |
[36:06] | You’ve already turned a half dozen cases, | 你已经接手六个案子了 |
[36:08] | and where are you? | 现在进展到哪儿了 |
[36:09] | Okay, let us discuss it. | 我们再好好讨论一下 |
[36:12] | Sir, you have the dispo dump coming up. | 就快到月底算总账的时候了 |
[36:14] | We can nail Church. You can’t nail Bishop. | 我们可以扳倒丘奇 你没法扳倒毕夏普 |
[36:18] | Give me a minute. | 给我点时间 |
[36:21] | You, too. Just one minute. | 你也是 请回避一下 |
[36:30] | I need you to talk to the investigators about Kalinda. | 我希望你跟调查员谈一下凯琳达的情况 |
[36:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:35] | They just need some confirmation about a few things. | 他们只是想确认一些事情 |
[36:37] | We’ve been slipped some anonymous information about her. | 我们过去忽略了关于她的一些匿名信息 |
[36:41] | What information? | 什么信息 |
[36:42] | She’s been lying under oath, | 她宣誓作证后说谎了 |
[36:43] | testifying under an assumed name. | 用化名出庭作证 |
[36:46] | Well, I don’t know anything about that. | 我对这个情况一无所知 |
[36:48] | But you can offer a background. | 但是你可以提供一些她的背景情况 |
[36:53] | Yeah, all right. | 好 没问题 |
[36:54] | Good. I’ve been working on some budgetary maneuvers right now. | 很好 我一直在做预算方案 |
[37:00] | I should know very quickly if I can improve your position. | 如果我能给你升职马上就会有消息 |
[37:06] | I just wanted to drop by and say… | 我顺道过来是想谈谈 |
[37:08] | What? | 什么 |
[37:12] | There was no abortion. | 堕胎的事儿不存在 |
[37:14] | Not with Zach. | 孩子不是扎克的 |
[37:16] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[37:19] | She was with somebody else. | 她做掉的是别人的孩子 |
[37:25] | I am so sorry about all this in your life. | 很抱歉你的生活中有这么多麻烦 |
[37:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:33] | Eli, thank you. | 伊莱 谢谢 |
[37:40] | And we had nothing to do with the Wendy flyer. | 温迪那些传单也不是我们干的 |
[37:42] | It was our PAC. | 是我们的赞助者干的 |
[37:44] | And we don’t have any control over them. | 我们管不了他们 |
[37:47] | So is Wendy still putting out the Zach flyer? | 温迪还会散播扎克的传单吗 |
[37:51] | If our PAC goes forward, | 如果我们的赞助者不收手 |
[37:53] | then Wendy does, too? | 那么温迪也不会罢休 |
[37:53] | No. | 不 |
[37:55] | Peter told the PAC to get lost. | 彼得让政治委员会的人滚蛋了 |
[37:57] | He…? | 他 |
[37:59] | When? | 什么时候的事 |
[38:00] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[38:04] | So that means…? | 也就是说 |
[38:07] | We’re bankrupt. | 我们破产了 |
[38:19] | He’s here on a grand jury subpoena. | 他是过来接受大陪审团传讯的 |
[38:20] | Different case. | 别的案子 |
[38:21] | – Does he know anything? – No. | -他收到什么风声了吗 -没有 |
[38:32] | Yeah, more later. | 好 等下详谈 |
[38:38] | You want something? | 你想要什么吗 |
[38:39] | Nope, but you might. | 没有 但是你也许想 |
[38:42] | I always want something. | 我一直都有所求 |
[38:45] | Joey Church. | 乔伊·丘奇 |
[38:48] | Okay, I’m listening. | 好 我在听 |
[38:57] | And who is that, Mr Bishop? | 那位是谁 毕夏普先生 |
[38:58] | That man there in the baseball cap? | 带棒球帽的那个人吗 |
[39:00] | Yes, sir. | 是的先生 |
[39:01] | That’s one of my associates from California, Mr. Harden. | 那是我在加州的一个合伙人 哈代先生 |
[39:05] | Again, objection, Your Honor. | 再次反对 法官大人 |
[39:06] | You will have a chance to cross-examine, Ms. Florrick, | 你还有交叉质询的机会 福瑞克太太 |
[39:09] | and the jury will have chance to judge the verisity of Mr Bishop. | 这样陪审团也有机会判断毕夏普先生的可靠性 |
[39:12] | I can’t wait. | 我都快等不及了 |
[39:16] | And that photo your associate is carrying, | 你的合伙人拿的那张照片 |
[39:20] | that is Mr. Church’s daughter? | 是丘奇先生的女儿吗 |
[39:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:29] | And why is he doing that? | 他为什么那么做 |
[39:31] | I sent him there. | 我派他去的 |
[39:32] | Mr. Church was worried about | 丘奇先生担心 |
[39:34] | whether his family was being taken care of while he was in prison. | 他服刑期间家人有没有人照顾 |
[39:36] | I wanted my associate to assure him they were. | 我让助手告诉他家人都很好 |
[39:39] | And when you say “Taken care of”? | 你是说照顾? |
[39:41] | Oh, my God, I’m sorry. | 天哪 抱歉 |
[39:44] | No, not “Taken care of.” | 不 不是照顾 |
[39:47] | Supported. | 是资助 |
[39:51] | So there was no threat to Mr. Church | 所以丘奇先生并没有 |
[39:54] | like the defense is claiming? | 像辩护律师声称的那样受到了威胁? |
[39:56] | No, not at all. | 完全没有 |
[39:57] | We were merely calming his fears | 我们只是让他放心 |
[39:57] | about his family’s security and health. | 不用担心家人的安全和健康 |
[40:00] | And so there was no pressure on Mr. Church | 那么没人给丘奇先生施压 |
[40:01] | to commit a crime that he already admitted? | 让他犯下他已经供认的罪行 |
[40:04] | – That’s correct. – Thank you. | -没错 -谢谢 |
[40:06] | Do you have anything else, counselor? | 还有什么要说的吗 控方律师 |
[40:08] | No, ma’am. I think that’ll be enough. | 没有了 女士 我想这些足够了 |
[40:12] | What the hell did you do? | 你到底在干什么 |
[40:13] | Got a conviction for first degree murder. | 以一级谋杀罪名定罪 |
[40:15] | You sandbagged me. | 你把我的路堵死了 |
[40:16] | Your case was on the docket for years. | 你的案子在诉讼列表上放了好多年了 |
[40:18] | I cleared mine in a week. | 我只用一周就了结了我的案子 |
[40:19] | By overstepping your authority. | 用越权的方式 |
[40:21] | We were gonna use Church to get to Bishop. | 我们本打算利用丘奇扳倒毕夏普 |
[40:25] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[40:40] | I don’t want you to go anywhere. | 我希望你哪儿都不要去 |
[40:45] | Well, I don’t want to go anywhere. | 我也哪儿都不想去 |
[40:47] | I’d like to make you an offer. | 我愿意给你出个高价 |
[40:51] | I’d like that. | 很高兴听到这个 |
[40:56] | Hey, Kalinda? | 凯琳达 |
[41:08] | So, Canada, huh? | 加拿大 对吧 |
[41:10] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[41:11] | I was such an idiot. | 我过去可真傻 |
[41:12] | I was looking on the West Coast. | 一直想从西海岸那边挖出点料 |
[41:13] | Don’t ask me why. | 别问我为什么 |
[41:15] | I’m sorry. What is it you want? | 抱歉 你想要什么 |
[41:17] | Leela Tahiri. | 利拉·塔西里 |
[41:19] | Um, she died in a Toronto house fire, | 她在多伦多的一处住宅大火中丧生 |
[41:21] | like, eight years ago. The body was never found. | 差不多八年前 没有找到尸体 |
[41:22] | Seems she was in some trouble with the cops. | 好像那时候有警察找她麻烦 |
[41:24] | I’m still trying to work out the details. | 细节还在调查中 |
[41:28] | So that’s me? | 那个人就是我吗 |
[41:31] | That’s my surmise. | 我是这么推想的 |
[41:32] | Am I wrong? | 错了吗 |
[41:34] | I think you need to find that out for yourself. | 我想你得自己找出答案 |
[42:02] | How are you? | 还好吗 |
[42:04] | Good. | 不错 |
[42:16] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:20] | I know. | 我知道 |