时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I need something on a Dr. Randall Booth, | 我想调查一下布思医生 |
[00:05] | We need to kneecap him. | 我们得给他点教训 |
[00:06] | – He was beaten with a baseball bat. – What? | -袭击他的凶器是一根球棒 -什么 |
[00:09] | And your fingerprints were found at the scene. | 犯罪现场找到了你的指纹 |
[00:12] | So what’d you do with my bat? | 你怎么处理我的球棒了 |
[00:14] | I took it. | 我拿了 |
[00:14] | Blake Calamar. | 布莱克·卡拉马尔 |
[00:16] | When he wasn’t protecting Bond & Associate interests, | 当他不为邦德律所效劳时 |
[00:18] | he was out protecting Baltimore’s biggest meth gang. | 他就在保护巴尔的摩最大的贩毒黑帮 |
[00:21] | If I were you, I’d be careful. | 如果我是你 我会小心从事 |
[00:25] | So it is 76 degrees. | 这里是摄氏24度 |
[00:26] | How nice for you. | 你太爽了 |
[00:28] | Here, it’s a balmy ten degrees, | 我这里零下12度 清爽怡人 |
[00:29] | but it’s going to get chilly tonight. | 不过今晚降温就很冷了 |
[00:31] | So, anyway, | 是这样 |
[00:32] | I was supposed to fly in today for these depositions, | 本来我今天应该飞过去取证 |
[00:35] | but O’Hare is all messed up. | 但芝加哥奥黑尔机场现在一片混乱 |
[00:36] | I just need you to carry the ball– | 我需要你承担起来 |
[00:38] | all routine depositions, nothing contentious. | 承担所有常规取证 没有争议的部分 |
[00:40] | Sure. What’s the case? | 行 是个什么案子 |
[00:43] | Patric Edelstein. | 帕特里克·艾德斯坦 |
[00:48] | Get Will. | 把威尔找来 |
[00:49] | You know Sleuthway.Com? | 你知道Sleuthway.com吧 |
[00:51] | Uh, yes, I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[00:53] | Kid’s a billionaire, | 那孩子是个亿万富翁 |
[00:54] | a Mark Zuckerberg in the making. | 又一个马克·扎克伯格 |
[00:56] | $4.2 billion in assets. | 资产多达42亿 |
[00:59] | Have you been following what’s going on with this movie? | 你看了那部电影吗 |
[01:01] | The one about him? | 关于他的那部电影? |
[01:03] | Yes, he says it’s untrue. | 对 他说那是不真实的 |
[01:04] | It is untrue and defamatory, and he wants to sue. | 假的 而且诽谤了他 他要起诉 |
[01:08] | He knows how hard it is to prove defamation? | 他知道要证明诽谤有多难吗 |
[01:10] | He does. | 他知道 |
[01:11] | He’s suing because he wants the world to know he’s suing. | 他起诉是因为他想让全世界知道他在起诉 |
[01:14] | So, what, it’s a crusade? | 那这算什么 一场圣战? |
[01:17] | Mm, $3.2 million in billable hours, | 计费工时有320万美元 |
[01:19] | a very lucrative one. | 非常可观哦 |
[01:22] | This is a new side of you. | 真没看出来你有这么一面 |
[01:23] | You used to be into Guantanamo detainees. | 你以前很关心关塔纳摩囚犯 |
[01:26] | Yeah, that was before alimony. | 对 那是在我需要付赡养费之前 |
[01:30] | Patric Edelstein? | 帕特里克·艾德斯坦? |
[01:31] | Yes, but she only wants to rent us for the week. | 是的 但她只想用我们一个星期 |
[01:35] | So I don’t get it. | 我就不明白了 |
[01:36] | He’s in Silicon Valley, the studio’s in L.A., | 他在硅谷 那个制片厂在洛杉矶 |
[01:39] | and the depos are here? | 却在这里取证?[都在加州] |
[01:41] | Viola is forum-shopping. | 维奥拉择地行诉 |
[01:43] | Illinois is friendlier to defamation. | 伊利诺伊对诽谤罪比较支持 |
[01:46] | It’s not friendly enough. | 还不够支持 |
[01:47] | We lost the Duke Rosco case last year. | 去年我们输了杜克·罗斯科的案子 |
[01:48] | But that’s why she thought of us. | 所以她才考虑找我们 |
[01:50] | We were the ones who got the closest. | 我们离成功只差一步之遥 |
[01:52] | Who was the associate on the Rosco case? | 负责罗斯科案子的律师是谁 |
[01:54] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[01:55] | Alicia, too, I think. | 艾丽西娅也参加了 我记得 |
[01:56] | I’ll get her on it and we’ll talk later. | 我会安排她来做 回头咱们再谈 |
[01:59] | By the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[02:00] | I’m thinking of bringing him back. | 我考虑请他回来 |
[02:04] | – Cary. – Really, how’s that work? | -凯里 -当真 那行得通吗 |
[02:06] | He’s burned a few too many bridges, hasn’t he? | 他把很多事做得太绝了吧? |
[02:07] | Repairable bridges, I would think. | 依我看 裂痕可以修复 |
[02:09] | Some bridges aren’t so easily repaired. | 有些裂痕没那么容易修复 |
[02:11] | – Let’s not fight, dear. – Let me think about it. | -咱们别争了 -我再想想 |
[02:17] | Alicia, hey. | 艾丽西娅 |
[02:18] | Uh, sorry to bother you at lunch, | 不好意思打扰你吃午饭了 |
[02:20] | but something pretty big came up. | 不过有件大事 |
[02:21] | Can you come by my office when you get back? | 你回来时来一下我办公室好吗 |
[02:24] | Um, Will, I’m not at lunch. | 威尔 我没在吃午饭 |
[02:27] | Someone’s in trouble. | 有人有麻烦咯 |
[02:28] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:29] | You’re gone. | 你出远门了 |
[02:30] | – I completely forgot. – No, no. | -我完全忘了 -不 不 |
[02:31] | Uh, it’s just a week. I’ll be back Monday. | 我就休一周 星期一就回来 |
[02:33] | Was there something you needed? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[02:34] | Uh, nothing, some defamation suit– | 没什么 有个诽谤案 |
[02:36] | same as the Duke Rosco case last year. | 和去年的杜克·罗斯科案子有点相似 |
[02:38] | Don’t worry, I got it. | 别担心 我能搞定 |
[02:39] | Have fun. Where are you again? | 玩得开心 你现在在哪里 |
[02:40] | Well, right now Oregon, but it’s not for fun. | 现在在俄勒冈 不过没什么好玩的 |
[02:42] | Hey. | 这是什么话 |
[02:44] | I’m helping my brother move to Chicago, | 我在帮我弟弟搬家到芝加哥 |
[02:46] | so if you need anything, I… | 如果你需要帮忙的话 我 |
[02:48] | Hello? | 还在吗 |
[02:50] | What do you mean, | 你这话什么意思 |
[02:51] | it is not for fun? | 没什么好玩的? |
[02:52] | I was talking to work. | 我在谈工作 |
[02:54] | Will, Will Gardner– that name again, | 威尔·加德纳 又是这个人 |
[02:57] | like a guilty little computer | 好像一个罪恶的小计算机 |
[02:58] | churning out the same name, “Will, Will, Will.” | 不断地喊着 威尔 威尔 威尔 |
[03:00] | – He’s my boss. – Oh, I know. | -他是我老板 -我知道 |
[03:02] | The sultry-eyed Will. | 灼眼之威尔 |
[03:03] | He does not have sultry eyes. | 他没有灼眼 |
[03:05] | What are sultry eyes, anyway? | 对了 灼眼是什么意思 |
[03:08] | Oh, that’s it, | 原来是这样 |
[03:10] | you caught him exactly. | 你模仿得很传神 |
[03:12] | Hey, | 嗨 |
[03:13] | -Look, first state. – You know, | -看 第一个州 -知道吗 |
[03:15] | you’re getting less and less subtle changing your subjects. | 你转移话题的本事越来越差劲了 |
[03:17] | I think we should take a minute | 我想我们花点时间 |
[03:19] | and talk about this Will some more. | 好好谈谈这个威尔 |
[03:21] | You going to miss Kevin? | 你想凯文了吗 |
[03:24] | Nope. | 没有 |
[03:25] | I like new beginnings. | 我喜欢新的开始 |
[03:28] | But I did like Oregon. | 不过我挺喜欢俄勒冈 |
[03:30] | Why is it that all your music is gospel? | 你的音乐怎么都是福音歌 |
[03:39] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[03:41] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[03:46] | Mr. Edelstein? | 艾德斯坦先生? |
[03:49] | Mr. Edelstein, are you with us? | 艾德斯坦先生 你在听吗 |
[03:53] | Yes. Sorry. What was the question? | 听到了 问题是什么 |
[03:55] | You were in the midst of discussing damages. | 现在正在讨论损失问题 |
[03:57] | Actually, I think he was in the midst | 事实上 我认为 |
[03:59] | of discussing the emotional toll. | 在讨论的是情感创伤 |
[04:02] | Yes, this movie– | 对 这部电影 |
[04:03] | it shows me creating my Web site so that I could pick up girls, | 它宣称我创建网站是为了泡妞 |
[04:06] | despite the fact that I was engaged to be married | 而无视我已经订婚 |
[04:10] | and had no interest in picking up girls. | 并无意泡妞的事实 |
[04:12] | It shows several of my friends | 它描述说我的好些朋友 |
[04:13] | referring to me as a creep and a jerk, | 都把我看成又蠢又怪的人 |
[04:15] | despite the fact these friends were inventions, | 尽管这些朋友都是虚构的 |
[04:19] | and what’s worse, it shows me… being a creep and a jerk. | 更糟的是 它让我显得像是个又蠢又怪的人 |
[04:23] | It would have been one thing if I was | 如果我是个政客 或是什么名人 |
[04:24] | a politician or a celebrity. | 那还好些 |
[04:26] | Then people have other portrayals and articles | 那样的话还有其他的描述和文章 |
[04:28] | to compare it to, but they don’t. | 可以供人们对照 可是没有 |
[04:29] | They have this movie and they think it’s true. | 人们只看到这部电影 认为它就是真的 |
[04:34] | Are you saying that you are not a public figure, Mr. Edelstein? | 你是说 你不是公众人物吗 艾德斯坦先生 |
[04:37] | I think that’s exactly… | 我认为其实是 |
[04:37] | Shall we let Mr. Edelstein answer? | 能不能让艾德斯坦先生自己回答 |
[04:41] | Look, I know the legal point here. | 我懂这里的法律关系 |
[04:42] | If I’m not a public figure, then my lawyers | 如果我不是知名人士 那么 |
[04:44] | only need to prove negligence, not malice. | 我的律师只要证明过失 而不是恶意 |
[04:46] | Ah. I’ve been reading the law. | 我读过法律 |
[04:46] | It doesn’t make as much sense as code, | 没编程那么有意思 |
[04:48] | but I get it. | 不过我懂 |
[04:49] | I’m a 25-year-old computer programmer. | 我是一个25岁的程序员 |
[04:51] | I’ve never sought the spotlight. | 从未寻求公众的关注 |
[04:53] | I don’t want anything but to do my job. | 只想把自己的事做好 |
[04:56] | I’m not a public figure and, uh, I don’t want to be one. | 我不是公众人物 也不想成为公众人物 |
[05:00] | I sympathize, Mr. Edelstein, I do, | 我很同情你 艾德斯坦先生 真的 |
[05:03] | but this is a movie. | 但这是个电影 |
[05:06] | It doesn’t pretend to be a documentary. | 并没有自称是纪录片 |
[05:09] | It is an imaginative recreation of events. | 这是艺术加工 |
[05:13] | Well, then they should have made up a name. | 那他们就该用虚构的名字 |
[05:15] | They shouldn’t have used mine. | 就不应该用我的名字 |
[05:19] | You’re good. | 你很棒 |
[05:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:22] | When do you want me back? | 要我什么时候回来 |
[05:23] | Actually, that’s it, we’re done. | 其实就这些了 你的取证已经结束了 |
[05:25] | – No, the rest of the depositions. – Mr. Edelstein, | -不 其他的取证 -艾德斯坦先生 |
[05:27] | these depositions are pretty boring | 这些取证很无聊 |
[05:29] | and they’ll take the whole week. | 要花一整个星期的时间 |
[05:31] | You know, my mom got a call last week | 知道吗 上周我妈妈接到 |
[05:32] | from my eighth grade teacher. | 我八年级老师打来的电话 |
[05:33] | I loved my eighth grade teacher– Mrs. Hart. | 我很喜欢她 哈特太太 |
[05:35] | She said she just saw the movie and was worried | 她说她刚看了这部电影 很担心 |
[05:37] | that money was turning me into a jerk. | 钱把我变成个浑小子 |
[05:40] | I don’t get those calls. | 我不接这种电话 |
[05:41] | My mom does. | 我妈接 |
[05:44] | I’ll be here this whole week because this matters to me. | 我这一周都会出席 因为这对我很重要 |
[05:47] | Be back at 2:00. | 两点钟回来 |
[05:51] | Won’t work to argue that he’s a private figure, will it? | 不用证明他不是公众人物吧 |
[05:54] | No, it doesn’t matter that he didn’t pursue the public eye. | 他是否寻求公众关注并不要紧 |
[05:57] | The public eye pursued him, so he’s a public figure. | 公众关注他 他就是公众人物 |
[06:01] | They can pretty much write anything they want about him. | 他们想怎么写他就怎么写 |
[06:03] | It’s too bad. | 太糟了 |
[06:04] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[06:10] | Cary, what’s up? | 凯里 怎么了 |
[06:12] | Ms. Sharma. | 夏尔马小姐 |
[06:15] | Ms. Sharma, thanks for coming by. | 夏尔马小姐 谢谢你过来 |
[06:16] | I’m Andrew Wiley; I’ve been put in charge of the investigation. | 我是安德鲁·怀利 我负责本次调查 |
[06:19] | I just have a few questions for you. | 有几个问题要问你 |
[06:21] | Uh, what investigation? | 什么调查 |
[06:22] | The beating of Dr. Booth, | 布思医生遭袭击一案 |
[06:23] | a Wisconsin psychiatrist who was testifying | 去年在洛克哈特&加德纳律所案中 |
[06:26] | in a Lockhart/Gardner trial last year. | 作证的一个威斯康星的精神病医生 |
[06:28] | Do you have a moment? | 你有时间吗 |
[06:30] | Sure, I have several moments. | 当然 我有的是时间 |
[06:31] | Good. Dr. Booth woke from his coma. | 好极了 布思医生从昏迷中醒来了 |
[06:33] | Unfortunately, the person who beat him wore a mask, | 不幸的是 打他的人戴了面具 |
[06:35] | so Dr. Booth couldn’t identify him. | 所以布思医生认不出他 |
[06:38] | Or her. | 或者是她 |
[06:40] | I understand that, | 我了解到 |
[06:40] | that you were there the morning of the beating. | 他被打的那天早上你去过那里 |
[06:43] | That’s how your fingerprints wound up on the glass on his desk. | 所以你的指纹会出现在他桌上的杯子上 |
[06:45] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[06:46] | Yeah, see, the odd thing is, | 瞧 奇怪的是 |
[06:48] | Dr. Booth has no memory of your being there. | 布思医生根本不记得你去过那里 |
[06:52] | Right. We thought that might be from his coma. | 对 我们认为可能是因为他昏迷了 |
[06:57] | So what did you ask him? | 你问了他什么 |
[06:58] | I mean, when you went to see Dr. Booth, what did you ask him? | 你去看布思医生时 你问了他什么 |
[07:00] | I asked him if he stood by his testimony | 我问他是否仍然认可他的证词 |
[07:03] | and then I asked him details to see if his testimony held up. | 还问了些细节问题看他的证词是否站得住脚 |
[07:09] | See, just one last thing. | 还有最后一件事 |
[07:11] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:13] | It’s the nanny’s day off, isn’t it? | 保姆放假了啊 |
[07:18] | Just, um, one last, uh, thing. | 只有 呃 最后一件事 |
[07:21] | It’s a bit odd. | 有点奇怪 |
[07:23] | Your fingerprints were on this glass, | 你的指纹留在了这个玻璃杯上 |
[07:25] | but, uh, th-they weren’t anywhere else. | 但是别处都没有你的指纹 |
[07:27] | I mean, they weren’t on the doorknobs, | 我是说 门把手上没有 |
[07:29] | they weren’t on the chair arms or the desktop, | 椅子扶手 桌面上 都没有 |
[07:31] | but just on this glass. | 只在这个玻璃杯上 |
[07:33] | Mm. That is odd. | 嗯 的确奇怪 |
[07:37] | I wonder how that might’ve happened– | 我真的很奇怪 |
[07:39] | me leaving my fingerprints on just one place. | 我只把我的指纹留在了一个玻璃杯上 |
[07:46] | Well, thank you for coming in, Ms. Sharma. | 谢谢你过来这一趟 夏尔马小姐 |
[07:47] | We’ll phone you if we have anything else. | 有其他事我们会给你打电话的 |
[07:49] | Actually, just one last thing. | 实际上 还有最后一件事 |
[07:51] | That’s two last things. | 这都两件最后一件事了 |
[07:52] | Yeah, one last thing after the first last thing. | 这件事在刚才的最后一件事后面 |
[07:55] | Uh, did you bring the glass with you? | 这个杯子是你自带的吗 |
[07:57] | Did I bring it with me? | 杯子是我自带的? |
[07:58] | Yeah, to the doctor’s office? | 对 带到了医生的办公室? |
[08:00] | See, Dr. Booth owned a set but not this one. | 布思医生有一组杯子但不包括这个 |
[08:04] | This is a Riedel H2O long drink glass. | 这是个里德尔H2O长款饮水杯 |
[08:07] | Dr. Booth didn’t own any of those, | 布思医生没有这样的杯子 |
[08:08] | but I checked with the Lockhart/Gardner & Bond purchasing invoices, | 但我查看了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的采购清单 |
[08:11] | and they did. | 他们有 |
[08:14] | That is odd. | 的确奇怪 |
[08:19] | Any more last things? | 还有别的最后一件事吗 |
[08:21] | Thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你过来这一趟 |
[08:23] | My pleasure. | 不客气 |
[08:26] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[08:32] | Why didn’t you tell me about the glass? | 你怎么没和我说杯子的事 |
[08:35] | Cary, thank you for this job. | 凯里 谢谢你给我这份工作 |
[08:36] | I’m enjoying it, I am enjoying getting out of the house. | 我很享受 很享受离开家工作的感觉 |
[08:39] | Don’t you ever do that again. | 下次不许像刚才那样拆我台了 |
[08:43] | Yeah, she’s not a suspect. | 她又不是嫌疑犯 |
[08:44] | The more you try and help her, the more she is. | 你帮她就是越描越黑 |
[08:50] | Mr. Calamar. | 卡拉马尔先生 |
[08:51] | – Hey. Andrew Wiley. – Hi. | -你好 安德鲁·怀利 -你好 |
[08:53] | You want to come with me? | 你和我一起走吗 |
[08:54] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[09:01] | Legally, there was no reckless disregard for the truth. | 法律上来说 我们并没有鲁莽地无视真相 |
[09:04] | Yes, you said that five times. | 这话你都说了五遍了 |
[09:07] | Now, your studio’s movie had a scene | 你们制片厂的电影里 |
[09:09] | where Mr. Edelstein’s girlfriend broke up with him, | 有一幕艾德斯坦先生的女友和他分手的场景 |
[09:13] | calling him a… “Loner joke.” | 称他为”不合群的怪物” |
[09:16] | But isn’t it true that there was no such break-up because | 是不是压根没有这样的分手 |
[09:20] | there was no such girlfriend? | 因为根本没有这么个女友? |
[09:21] | I haven’t the foggiest. | 我完全不清楚 |
[09:22] | Well, as the lead studio lawyer, | 作为制片厂的首席律师 |
[09:24] | wasn’t it your job to get the foggiest? | 弄清事实不是你的工作么? |
[09:26] | No, it was my job to determine | 不对 我的工作是 |
[09:28] | if there was a reckless disregard for the truth. | 判断是否有鲁莽地无视真相 |
[09:30] | So you would claim | 那么你是说 |
[09:32] | that Mr. Edelstein was not engaged to be married? | 艾德斯坦先生当时并没有订婚? |
[09:34] | No, I would consider the question irrelevant. | 我认为这个问题与本案无关 |
[09:37] | The truth is irrelevant? | 真相与本案无关? |
[09:38] | No, the facts of Mr. Edelstein’s life | 不是 艾德斯坦先生的生活实际 |
[09:40] | were irrelevant. | 与本案无关 |
[09:42] | What was relevant is whether the filmmakers showed | 真正有关的是 制片商是否表现出了 |
[09:44] | a reckless disregard… | 鲁莽地无视… |
[09:45] | For the truth! | 无视真相! |
[09:47] | You do understand these words have to mean something? | 你知道说话得有点意义吧? |
[09:49] | Please don’t, don’t yell, Mister, | 先生 请别嚷嚷 |
[09:51] | uh, Mister… | 呃 |
[09:52] | Gardner. | 加德纳 |
[09:53] | Why don’t you go ahead and keep that | 你留着吧 |
[09:54] | for the next time you need to ask? | 下次就不用问我了 |
[09:55] | Oh, look, Mr. Gardner, | 听着 加德纳先生 |
[09:58] | we’re here, we’re in Chicago in seven-degree weather. | 我们跑到这儿来 忍受芝加哥零下十三度的气温 |
[10:01] | We understand the need | 对于这种欺侮 我们能理解 |
[10:02] | for some hazing, but is the shouting really necessary? | 但你真的有必要大吼大叫吗 |
[10:07] | It isn’t. | 没必要 |
[10:08] | But it makes it fun for us. | 不过真的很有趣 |
[10:12] | Very well done. | 干得好 |
[10:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:15] | Do you need something? | 你需要什么吗 |
[10:16] | I want to be your friend. | 我希望做你的朋友 |
[10:18] | You…? | 你要? |
[10:20] | I have a lot of friends. | 我已经有很多朋友了 |
[10:22] | You can’t win this. | 你们不可能赢的 |
[10:24] | It’s defamation. | 如果是诽谤 |
[10:25] | You have to prove malice; you can’t. | 你必须证明我们有恶意 而你不能 |
[10:27] | Even Mr. Edelstein knows he’s going to lose. | 就连艾德斯坦先生也知道不可能赢 |
[10:30] | He wants the publicity of the fight, that’s all. | 他只想借官司吸引公众关注而已 |
[10:34] | Why don’t you do what we’re all doing– | 为什么你不能随大流 |
[10:36] | chalking up a staggering amount of billable hours. | 挣足计费工时就收手呢 |
[10:40] | Come on, let’s be friends. | 好了好了 我们化敌为友吧 |
[10:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:46] | How do you get a tan like that? | 你的肤色怎么晒得这么好 |
[10:48] | Ah, Princeville, Kauai. | 普林斯维尔 那是在夏威夷考艾岛 |
[10:51] | I have a beautiful spread– three acres. | 我在那有一片风景优美的地 三亩 |
[10:55] | If you’re ever out that way… | 如果你要去… |
[10:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:58] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[11:04] | Alicia, sorry to do this to you, but I need everything you have | 抱歉 艾丽西娅 但我需要在罗斯科一案中 |
[11:07] | on the Duke Rosco defamation suit. | 你所有的资料 |
[11:09] | How quickly can you get to a land line? | 你要多久才能找到有电信线路的地方? |
[11:12] | Um… soon. | 呃 快了 |
[11:14] | ‘Cause we’re gonna win this. | 我们要赢下这场官司 |
[11:16] | We’re gonna win this big. | 要赢就赢个大的 |
[11:33] | We need to prove the studio not only knew the movie was untrue, | 我们要证明 制片厂不仅明知电影不真实 |
[11:36] | but they were reckless about the possibility of its falsehood. | 而且还完全不顾其中的不真实 |
[11:40] | And they’ll never admit to that. | 而他们永远不会承认这一点 |
[11:41] | We have to prove he was a private figure. | 我们要证明他并非公众人物 |
[11:43] | We already tried that. | 我们试过了 |
[11:44] | Edelstein’s been written about too much. | 有很多人写过艾德斯坦了 |
[11:47] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿呢 |
[11:48] | The reception’s better. | 信号好一些了 |
[11:49] | I found a high spot. | 我找到了一个制高点 |
[11:51] | Here’s the question | 问题是 |
[11:52] | What does Edelstein want? | 艾德斯坦究竟想要怎样 |
[11:54] | He’s too rich to want money. | 他这么富有肯定不在乎这点钱 |
[11:55] | My guess is he wants an apology, but the studio won’t apologize. | 我猜他想要一个道歉 而制片厂不肯道歉 |
[11:59] | Wait. | 等等 |
[12:02] | I don’t need the studio to admit reckless disregard. | 我不需要制片厂承认他们无视真相 |
[12:05] | – You don’t? – No. | -不需要吗 -不用 |
[12:07] | I need the screenwriter to. | 我要编剧承认 |
[12:09] | Why would the screenwriter admit to reckless disregard? | 为什么编剧要承认 |
[12:11] | Because he wants to. | 因为他想这么做 |
[12:12] | My guess is the writer wants | 我才 编剧想说这是他的故事 |
[12:14] | to say it’s his story, not Edelstein’s. | 而不是艾德斯坦的 |
[12:16] | I think he’s pissed he can’t. | 我猜他不能这么宣传一定很恼火 |
[12:18] | That’s right. That’s what we did with Duke Rosco. | 对了 正是我们对付杜克·罗斯科的招数 |
[12:20] | Played his ego. | 激将法 |
[12:21] | Great. Get me the notes from the Rosco deposition. | 很好 把罗斯科作证的笔记发给我 |
[12:25] | Oh, I’ll need to find Wi-Fi. | 那我得找个无线热点了 |
[12:27] | Soon as you can. Thanks. | 尽快吧 谢了 |
[12:31] | This is a pretty spot. | 这地方风景不错 |
[12:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:34] | I’ve been admiring it for a while now, | 我已经站在这寒风中 |
[12:36] | out here in the cold. | 欣赏了好一会了 |
[12:42] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[12:44] | What’s up? | 出了什么事 |
[12:45] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[12:46] | Uh, I can’t. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 我不能这么做 |
[12:48] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:50] | What’s Blake saying? | 布莱克说了什么 |
[12:51] | Kalinda, they’re beginning | 凯琳达 他们开始怀疑你了 |
[12:52] | to suspect you because we’re talking. | 因为我们一直在谈 |
[12:54] | Suspect? | 怀疑? |
[12:55] | Kalinda, please. | 求你了 凯琳达 |
[12:56] | I’m not protecting myself. | 我可不是在自保 |
[12:57] | I’m protecting you, okay? | 我在保护你 懂吗 |
[13:00] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[13:05] | 歌名:Oh, happy day 歌手:Glen Campbell | |
[13:09] | I need to find Wi-Fi. | 我得找个无线热点 |
[13:11] | Yeah, yeah, there’s Starbucks on every corner here, so, | 没问题 这里每个街角都有星巴克 |
[13:14] | sultry Will is Mr. Georgetown? | 灼眼之威尔就是乔治敦先生? |
[13:18] | Am I right? I found my journal in the backseat. | 对吗 我在后座找到了我的日记 |
[13:20] | You kept writing about Mr. Georgetown. | 你一直在写乔治敦先生 |
[13:22] | Is-Is that him? | 就是威尔吗 |
[13:24] | Owen, please. | 欧文 别闹了 |
[13:26] | I need to get Wi-Fi. | 我要找个无线热点 |
[13:27] | Oh, talk to me, I’ll get you Wi-Fi. | 老实交代 我给你找无线热点 |
[13:29] | Get me Wi-Fi, and I’ll talk. | 给我找到无线热点 我才说 |
[13:31] | All right. Look up there. | 好吧 看上面的显示 |
[13:35] | Yeah. They’re both password-protected. | 看见了 都有密码保护 |
[13:36] | Which one has stronger signal strength? | 哪个信号强度最好? |
[13:38] | Rotterbear2. | 流氓熊2 |
[13:39] | Type, “Go to rotterbear2.” | 输入密码 进入流氓熊2 |
[13:45] | That’s what tech support gives novice computer users | 客服就是这么教电脑初学者的 |
[13:47] | so they don’t forget their password. | 防止他们忘记密码 |
[13:49] | I can’t do that! | 我不能这么做! |
[13:50] | It’s someone else’s Wi-Fi. | 这是别人的无线热点 |
[13:51] | Right, and you’re borrowing it. | 没错 而你只是借来用用而已 |
[13:53] | It’s like you’re throwing your soda can in someone’s trash. | 就好像你把空汽水罐扔进别人的垃圾箱 |
[13:56] | It is not. | 不是一回事 |
[13:57] | You are so prim and proper. | 你还真是伟光正啊 |
[13:59] | We’re in the middle of nowhere. | 我们在这荒无人烟的地方 |
[14:00] | Rotterbear2 is probably some Unabomber | 流氓熊2说不定是个邮件炸弹客 |
[14:02] | who uses the internet to surf porn all day. | 天天就用这无线网看色情网站 |
[14:04] | Well, it’s gone anyway. | 反正现在没信号了 |
[14:06] | You know what I’ve noticed about you? | 你知道我对你怎么看么 |
[14:08] | You’re willing to do naughty things | 只要我给你点鼓励 |
[14:09] | if I give you a little encouragement. | 你还是愿意干点小坏事的 |
[14:12] | Look, there’s more cabins coming up here. | 看 前面还有不少小木屋 |
[14:14] | Keep looking. | 继续找 |
[14:16] | Now, what is the deal with Will? | 现在 该说说威尔了 |
[14:17] | He’s my boss. | 他是我老板 |
[14:19] | Yeah… but I’ve seen the way you two guys talk to each other. | 是哦 我可看过你俩对视时候的眼神 |
[14:27] | That is a… telling pause. | 你这是 无语了 |
[14:33] | I like Will. | 我喜欢威尔 |
[14:34] | He likes me. | 他也喜欢我 |
[14:36] | We work well together. | 我们一起工作 |
[14:37] | Making sweet music? | 爱的协奏曲? |
[14:44] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅? |
[14:45] | I don’t know, okay? | 不知道 好吗 |
[14:48] | What am I doing? | 我在干吗 |
[14:50] | I like work. | 我喜欢工作 |
[14:51] | I don’t want to screw up work. | 不想搞砸它 |
[14:52] | Are you… are you sleeping with him? | 你… 你和他睡觉了? |
[14:57] | No. | 没有 |
[14:59] | But you want to? | 可你想那样? |
[15:04] | I want to… | 我想… |
[15:06] | not think about it, okay? | 不再去想它 好吗 |
[15:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:13] | Look. | 瞧 |
[15:15] | Free Wi-Fi. | 免费无线上网 |
[15:17] | Hey, big-time FBI lady. | 一流的联邦女探员 |
[15:20] | – I’ll meet you at the car. – All right. | -我们车里见吧 -好的 |
[15:23] | Kalinda, I’ve missed you. | 凯琳达 我很惦记你 |
[15:25] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[15:27] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:30] | Have you missed me? | 你惦记过我吗 |
[15:31] | At times. | 有时会 |
[15:33] | Look, um, I need something. | 我想要一些东西 |
[15:36] | Of course you do. | 你当然想 |
[15:38] | Do you know Blake Calamar? | 知道布莱克·卡拉马尔吗 |
[15:39] | He used to work for MS-13. | 他曾效力于黑帮团伙 |
[15:42] | I don’t know that name, but I do know MS-13. | 我不知道名字 但知道黑帮团伙 |
[15:44] | And? | 还有呢 |
[15:47] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[15:50] | What happened to the preliminaries, Kalinda? | 开场白怎么这样 凯琳达 |
[15:52] | A girl likes to be wined and dined first. | 一个姑娘总喜欢先受到热情款待 |
[15:56] | How’s work? | 工作如何 |
[16:01] | Okay, MS-13 is growing. | 好吧 黑帮团伙在壮大 |
[16:04] | Now, a meth gang is like a shark. | 毒品黑帮是条鲨鱼 |
[16:05] | It has to keep moving, or it dies. | 要是不游动 就死定了 |
[16:07] | And from what I hear, it’s moving to Chicago. | 据我听说 他们转移到芝加哥了 |
[16:09] | Joining forces with a local gang. | 和当地黑帮强强联合 |
[16:11] | A entrepreneur that you might know. | 主事人你可能认识 |
[16:13] | Who? | 谁 |
[16:14] | Lemond Bishop? | 莱蒙德·毕夏普 |
[16:17] | Look, maybe we can help each other. | 瞧 或许我们可以互相帮助 |
[16:19] | What are you doing for dinner this Friday? | 这周五晚餐你有什么安排 |
[16:22] | Eating with you. | 和你吃饭 |
[16:23] | No, you… you know what I find funny? | 不 你 你知道我感到很可笑么 |
[16:25] | That you’re suing me, Mr. Edelstein. | 你为什么起诉我 艾德斯坦先生 |
[16:28] | I mean, why not the director? | 我是说 为什么不是导演 |
[16:30] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[16:31] | That’s when you know | 那是当你知道 |
[16:32] | “A film by” credit is a lie. | “由谁谁是导演”是个谎言的时候 |
[16:34] | When there is a lawsuit. | 当有诉讼的时候 |
[16:35] | Do you want that on the record? | 你想要记录在案吗 |
[16:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:37] | Let’s get everything in the record. | 把每件事都记录下来 |
[16:40] | I’m Rand Blaylock. I’m the writer. | 我叫兰德·拜洛克 我是编剧 |
[16:42] | I had chicken salad for lunch. | 中午吃的鸡丁沙拉 |
[16:44] | What research materials did you use for the scene | 你用什么研究资料作为我的客户 |
[16:47] | of my client breaking up with his girlfriend, Mr. Blaylock? | 和他女友分手的场景 拜洛克先生 |
[16:49] | What research materials? These. | 什么研究资料? 是这些 |
[16:52] | – Your imagination? – Yes. | -你的想象力? -是的 |
[16:54] | If that’s not a dirty word here. | 如果在这里不算是脏话 |
[16:56] | Far from it. So you made it up? | 远非如此 所以是你虚构的? |
[17:00] | Yes, I did what writers have done since Aristophanes. | 是 从阿里斯托芬时代起就是想象力在创作 |
[17:03] | I made up a scene | 我虚构了一个场景 |
[17:04] | in which Mr. Edelstein breaks up with his girlfriend, | 艾德斯坦先生和他女朋友分手 |
[17:06] | because I felt that it conveyed the truth of a character. | 因为我觉得那样才能表达角色的真实性 |
[17:10] | Truth of a character. What-What do you mean by that? | 角色的真实性 那是什么意思 |
[17:12] | I think he is speaking artistically. | 我认为他是从艺术的角度说的 |
[17:14] | I know. They’re trying to use my artistic words against me. | 我知道 他们想用我的艺术语言攻击我 |
[17:17] | Don’t worry. I will be circumspect. | 别担心 我会谨慎的 |
[17:20] | Truth of a character means more than just factual truth. | 角色的真实性意思不仅局限于事实真理 |
[17:23] | It means, who is this person? | 意味着 这个人是谁 |
[17:25] | How do they fit into a narrative? | 他们如何融进故事的叙述中 |
[17:27] | What do you mean, narrative? | 故事的叙述是什么意思 |
[17:28] | I mean that I am trying to tell a story, | 我是说我要讲故事 |
[17:31] | and I need a character to help me tell that story. | 需要角色帮我完成这个故事 |
[17:34] | And what was the story you were trying to tell here? | 你试图讲的是什么故事呢 |
[17:37] | The story of the Internet, this age we’re in. | 因特网的故事 我们所处的时代 |
[17:40] | Where people just criticize each other anonymously. | 人们匿名评论彼此的因特网 |
[17:43] | Where all these tiny little loners | 那些小小的孤独者 |
[17:45] | in their tiny little rooms order out for pizza | 在他们小小的房间里要外卖批萨 |
[17:47] | and just flame at each other all the time. | 没完没了地相互攻讦 |
[17:50] | Or when those same loners blog about your drug use? | 是不是那些孤独者的博客说你吸毒了? |
[17:57] | Yes, I’m guilty, lawyer-man. | 是的 我有罪 律师先生 |
[17:59] | You found it. Malice. | 被你发现了 存在恶意 |
[18:02] | This whole movie– it was just my attempt | 整部电影 都只是我企图 |
[18:03] | at getting back at the Internet. | 报复因特网 |
[18:06] | Take that, Internet! | 受死吧 因特网 |
[18:07] | You wanted Mr. Edelstein’s character in the movie | 通过艾德斯坦先生在电影里的角色 |
[18:09] | to show that the internet was alienating people? | 你是想要展现因特网在疏远人际关系? |
[18:11] | Not just that, but, yes, that. | 不仅是那样 不过 是那样 |
[18:13] | So it didn’t really matter what Mr. Edelstein’s | 所以艾德斯坦本人是什么样的 |
[18:15] | real character was? | 真的没关系 |
[18:17] | He didn’t say that. | 他没那么说 |
[18:18] | Nor do I think that. Oh, I have a legal obligation, Counselor. | 我也没这么想 我有法律义务 律师 |
[18:21] | But, yes, there’s nothing wrong with having | 不过 是的 角色服务于主题 |
[18:24] | a character express theme. | 并没有任何错 |
[18:25] | The First Amendment protects me | 第一修正案让我有权 |
[18:26] | from your stupid, dumb-ass questions. | 不回答你愚蠢糟糕透顶的问题 |
[18:28] | Ah, shall we all take a little break? | 我们能休息一下吗 |
[18:29] | No, I know what he wants me to say, Burl. | 不 我知道他想让我说什么 伯尔 |
[18:31] | Here, I’m gonna say it. | 在这里我要说 |
[18:33] | I don’t give a rat’s ass about facts. | 我一点也不关心事实 |
[18:39] | I give more than a rat’s ass– | 我更在意的是 |
[18:40] | in fact, every breath I breathe– about truth. | 无时无刻不在意的是 真理 |
[18:44] | Shakespeare’s truth, Tolstoy’s truth. | 莎士比亚式的真理 托尔斯泰式的真理 |
[18:47] | Not this legal mumbo-jumbo. | 不是法律的不知所云 |
[18:49] | That’s just the graffiti on a Roman temple. | 那就好像罗马庙宇上的涂鸦 |
[18:52] | Forgotten in a year. | 一年后就会被遗忘 |
[18:54] | But there was no malice, right? | 不过你没有恶意 对吗 |
[18:57] | There was no malice. None. | 没有恶意 完全没有 |
[18:58] | You wanted to get back at bloggers | 那些博主们匿名批评你吸毒 |
[19:01] | who anonymously criticized you for your drug use | 为了报复他们 |
[19:02] | by ascribing those supposed characteristics | 你把他们的缺点 |
[19:04] | of those same bloggers to Mr. Edelstein, | 强加于艾德斯坦先生 |
[19:10] | but there was no malice? | 这还算是没有恶意? |
[19:11] | That’s right. And you know what? | 没错 你知道吗 |
[19:13] | God bless America. I’m free to do that. | 上帝保佑美国 我有自由那么做 |
[19:15] | And you know what else, Mr. Atticus Finch? | 知道么 阿提克斯·芬奇先生 |
[19:17] | You do the same thing. | 你可以以牙还牙 |
[19:18] | You write your own movie, | 你写属于自己的电影 |
[19:20] | making fun of me, my drug use, | 拿我开涮 说我吸毒 |
[19:22] | and then go get Mr. Edelstein to finance it. | 然后让艾德斯坦先生投资拍摄 |
[19:29] | – What? – Nothing further. | -怎么 -没有问题了 |
[19:33] | What? Are you gonna go finance your own movie? | 怎么 你会负担自己的电影经费吗 |
[19:37] | We’ve been going after the wrong thing. | 我们跟错线了 |
[19:39] | Defamation? | 诽谤吗 |
[19:40] | Yes. It’s unwinnable. | 是的 赢不了 |
[19:42] | So why are we going after something that’s unwinnable? | 我们为何要跟赢不了的线呢 |
[19:45] | What’s winnable? | 哪条线能赢 |
[19:53] | Diane and I have decided to change the strategy | 我和戴安决定改变策略 |
[19:54] | and go after something winnable. | 跟条能赢的线 |
[19:56] | Right of publicity? | 形象权吗 |
[19:58] | Yeah, we’ve been going after the wrong thing. | 是的 我们跟错线了 |
[19:59] | We can’t win defamation. | 诽谤赢不了的 |
[20:01] | That’s about intent. | 是有关意图的 |
[20:02] | We don’t need intent to prove the studio infringed | 我们不需要意图证明电影厂 |
[20:05] | on Edelstein’s right of publicity. | 侵犯了艾德斯坦的形象权 |
[20:06] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[20:08] | Sorry. That’s Owen. | 抱歉 是欧文 |
[20:09] | Oh, hello, Owen. | 你好 欧文 |
[20:11] | Sorry to take your sister away. | 抱歉占用了你姐姐 |
[20:12] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[20:14] | I don’t think she minds being taken away. | 我认为她不介意被占用 |
[20:17] | I’m going now. | 我马上走 |
[20:18] | Um, you know, right of publicity sounds good to me. | 形象权听起来不错 |
[20:21] | And Blaylock, in his deposition, said Edelstein had a right | 拜洛克的证言说艾德斯坦有权 |
[20:24] | to make his own movie, and that’s the point. | 做自己的电影 那是关键 |
[20:28] | The studio used him to make money, | 电影厂利用他赚钱 |
[20:30] | and now they owe him that money. | 现在他们欠他钱 |
[20:31] | Sam Moore v. The Weinsteins. | 山姆·摩尔诉温斯坦电影公司一案 |
[20:34] | They’re arguing | 他们称 |
[20:35] | the movie Soul Men prevents them from being | 电影《灵魂歌手》侵犯了他们作为 |
[20:37] | the ultimate beneficiaries of their trademarks. | 他们商标权的最终受益人的权利 |
[20:40] | The only problem is, the studio can argue | 唯一的问题是 电影厂可以说 |
[20:42] | it’s a transformative work of art. | 这经过了艺术的加工 |
[20:44] | Unless you start to chip away at it. | 你可以一点一点地驳斥 |
[20:46] | How? | 怎么驳斥 |
[20:47] | Look into their product placement. | 调查他们的植入式广告 |
[20:51] | Okay. Everybody read, and we’ll get together tomorrow. | 好 大家看看 明天再会面 |
[20:54] | Be ready at 8:00. | 八点准备好 |
[20:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:57] | There were other people on that call, you know? | 电话上还有别人呢 知道吗 |
[20:59] | I know. I was trying to embarrass you. | 我知道 我想让你难堪 |
[21:04] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[21:06] | This isn’t high school. | 又不是在高中 |
[21:07] | What? This is medical marijuana. | 怎么了 是医用大麻 |
[21:09] | It is not. | 不是 |
[21:10] | Owen, put it out. | 欧文 别抽了 |
[21:11] | It is. I have bad joints. | 真的 我关节不好 |
[21:14] | This isn’t Oregon. | 这不是俄勒冈州 |
[21:15] | Put it out, Owen, or I’m… | 别抽了 欧文 不然我… |
[21:17] | I’ll call Mom. | 我给妈妈打电话 |
[21:20] | I’m dialing. | 我拨号了 |
[21:23] | This is Mom and Dad’s fault, you know. | 这是妈和爸的错 你知道的 |
[21:25] | I had a difficult childhood. | 我的童年很艰难 |
[21:27] | This is how I cope. | 这是我的应对方式 |
[21:27] | I don’t want to bail you out of jail. | 我不想去监狱保释你 |
[21:31] | You never did it? | 你从没做过? |
[21:32] | – Never! – With Will? | -没有 -和威尔呢 |
[21:34] | Will’s gonna be your go-to from now on, isn’t it? | 从现在起威尔是话题核心 不是吗 |
[21:36] | No. I just… I like the thought of you trying things | 不 我只是…喜欢你尝试新事物的想法 |
[21:39] | and breaking rules that you never broke in high school. | 高中没违反校规 现在可以补上 |
[21:42] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[21:42] | I am having wine, and I am very happy. | 我在喝酒 而且很开心 |
[21:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:59] | Search warrant? | 搜查证呢 |
[22:02] | Nice paintings. | 画得不错 |
[22:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:07] | You want to buy one? | 你想买一幅吗 |
[22:08] | They’re yours? | 它们是你的吗 |
[22:12] | You’re hurting your girlfriend. | 你在伤害你的女朋友 |
[22:13] | – My girlfriend. – Kalinda. | -我的女朋友? -凯琳达 |
[22:15] | You’re hurting her by doing her bidding. | 你听她的话是在害她 |
[22:16] | Oh, buddy, I don’t do anything except for me. | 兄弟 除了为我自己我什么都不做 |
[22:19] | We got a lot in common then. | 那我们共同点还真多 |
[22:22] | Guys, don’t forget the bedroom. | 伙计们 别忘了卧室 |
[22:25] | You see, I don’t mind this– | 你看 我不介意… |
[22:27] | random searches, hostile questions– | 你们的突袭搜查或是尖酸的问题什么的 |
[22:31] | but I have friends | 但我有些朋友 |
[22:32] | and they won’t like this. | 而这些人不喜欢你们这种做法 |
[22:34] | Oh, scary. | 好可怕 |
[22:37] | Yeah, it’s funny. | 有趣的是 |
[22:39] | I’m always intimidated by threats | 在我搜查人们的居所以前 |
[22:41] | until I search people’s homes. | 总是接到他们的恐吓 |
[22:43] | Then I see what books they own, | 可在看过他们收藏的书以后 |
[22:45] | and it’s hard to take their threats seriously after that. | 就很难把之前的恐吓当真了 |
[22:48] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这张 |
[22:51] | Don’t you? | 你难道不喜欢吗 |
[22:52] | It’s just– it’s so raw. | 这是原生态的 |
[22:56] | You’ve seen our search warrant? | 你看过我们的搜查令了吧 |
[22:59] | Uh… I have, | 看过了 |
[23:02] | but, uh, you didn’t need one. | 不过 其实你们不需要那玩意 |
[23:04] | I would have welcomed you in. | 我很欢迎你们来 |
[23:07] | We found an e-mail on your computer | 我们在你电脑里发现了你给毕夏普的邮件 |
[23:08] | to Lemond Bishop, discussing “ten pounds of office supplies” | 关于十磅办公用品什么的 |
[23:11] | Here’s a copy. | 这是复本 |
[23:13] | It’s not my e-mail. | 那不是我写的邮件 |
[23:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:16] | This was on your server. | 是从你的服务器端口发出的 |
[23:17] | Yeah. Hacked, most probably. | 对 估计我被黑客攻击了 |
[23:19] | So you don’t know Lemond Bishop. | 也就是说你不认识莱蒙德·毕夏普对吧 |
[23:20] | No, in my workday I have had dealings with Mr. Bishop, | 不 我的工作让我与毕夏普先生有过交往 |
[23:22] | but they’re all legal, and all licensed. | 但都是合法的往来 有许可的 |
[23:26] | And that is not my e-mail. | 那不是我写的邮件 |
[23:27] | What, someone broke into your place | 就是说 有人闯入你家 |
[23:29] | to type an e-mail on your computer? | 用你的电脑发过这样一封邮件对吗 |
[23:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:34] | Sure. That could happen. | 当然 这是有可能的 |
[23:37] | I like this one. | 我真的喜欢这张 |
[23:40] | Will phoned me to tell me something, | 威尔之前给我打过电话想告诉我什么 |
[23:41] | but I never got the message. | 但我却没收到那段留言 |
[23:45] | What? | 什么 |
[23:46] | Will… phoned me, to tell me something… | 威尔给我打过电话 表白他的 |
[23:51] | passionate, and I never heard it. | 心声 但我却没听到 |
[23:56] | How did you never hear it? | 你怎么会没听到 |
[23:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:58] | My phone gobbles things. | 也许是我手机把留言吃了吧 |
[24:00] | It doesn’t gobble things. | 手机才不会自动删东西呢 |
[24:01] | What are, what are you, like, four? | 你多大了 四岁吗 |
[24:03] | No, I– the pictures I sent Mom… | 不 还记得那次我传给妈妈的照片 |
[24:06] | Look, that is because you didn’t include it as an attachment. | 那次是因为你没把它们加在附件里 |
[24:10] | Please? | 拜托 |
[24:11] | Can we not talk about my technological ineptness? | 能不能不讨论我是个电子白痴这个问题了 |
[24:16] | Yeah, but how do you know | 好吧 但是要是你没收到留言的话 |
[24:17] | he phoned if you didn’t get the message? | 你怎么知道他打过电话呢 |
[24:19] | I can’t tell you, it’s confidential. | 我不能告诉你 来源是保密的 |
[24:21] | Your love life is confidential? | 你的感情生活是保密的 是吗 |
[24:23] | Do I talk to him, that’s the question. | 关键的问题是 我问过他没有 |
[24:25] | Do I ask him what he said? | 我有没有问过他他当时说了什么 |
[24:28] | Do you ask Will… what he said to you? | “你有没有问过威尔他对你说的是什么”对吗 |
[24:31] | Yes. | 对 |
[24:32] | But he’s in love with somebody. | 但现在他与另一个人相爱了 |
[24:34] | I mean, not “in love,” in something. | 也许不是相爱 但是他们在交往 |
[24:38] | And she’s nice, I really like her. | 而且她人很好 我真的很喜欢她 |
[24:41] | And they like sports together. | 他们都热爱体育 |
[24:46] | Always talking about | 老是说什么 |
[24:48] | three-pointer this and three-pointer that. | 这个三分 那个三分的 |
[24:52] | I know I just made fun of her voice, but | 我只是在取笑她的声音 |
[24:54] | I do think that it would really be a mistake to ask him. | 但我真的认为不该去问他 |
[25:02] | I’m conflicted. | 我很矛盾 |
[25:04] | You’re in love. | 你坠入爱河了 |
[25:10] | I can’t be. | 不可能 |
[25:12] | Happens to the best of us. | 谁都会有这么一天的 |
[25:18] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[25:19] | What do I want you to do? | 是我希望你怎么做 |
[25:20] | Or… what will you do? | 还是 你会怎么办 |
[25:24] | Which one will I like more? | 我会更喜欢哪一个 |
[25:26] | We get home. | 我们回家 |
[25:27] | You… clean up a little, | 你要好好梳洗一番 |
[25:29] | ’cause you’re looking a little rough around the edges. | 因为你现在脸色不太好 |
[25:31] | You comb your hair, and you put on something nice– | 好好梳梳头发 穿上漂亮衣服 |
[25:34] | but businesslike, you know, not too slutty– | 工装 别穿得太性感了 |
[25:37] | and you go to him. | 然后你去找他 |
[25:38] | And you say, | 告诉他 |
[25:40] | “Will, I need a moment of your time.” | “威尔 我想和你说点事” |
[25:43] | And he’ll be like, “Okay.” | 然后他会说 “好的” |
[25:46] | Like that, kind of manly, like. | 语气很男人那种 |
[25:48] | And then you say… | 然后 你说 |
[25:50] | What? | 什么 |
[25:53] | I’ve been watching you for 15 years. | 我默默注视了你15年 |
[25:56] | I’m tired of shoving love to the side | 我已经厌倦了把自己的感情掩埋起来 |
[25:58] | and serving other people. | 成全他人之美 |
[26:00] | I can’t think of anything more important | 现在我想不出我的生活里 |
[26:04] | in my life right now, | 还有什么事 |
[26:07] | than the feeling of your breath on my neck, | 能比让你现在就同我 |
[26:10] | your hands on my breasts. | 翻云覆雨更重要 |
[26:12] | I can’t do that. | 我才不会那么说呢 |
[26:14] | It’s Alicia-time. | 艾丽西娅的时光 |
[26:17] | Shut up. | 别说了 |
[26:18] | Good to have you back, ma’am. | 很高兴再见到你 女士 |
[26:21] | Did you try to buy | 你是否试图购买 |
[26:22] | the rights to Mr. Edelstein’s story? | 关于艾德斯坦先生的故事的版权 |
[26:24] | Yes, among others. | 是的 还有其他几个想买的 |
[26:26] | And why did he turn you down? | 他为何拒绝了你 |
[26:27] | Well, I imagine he can tell you that. | 我想这个问题应该由他来回答 |
[26:29] | But he said he didn’t want his story told. | 他当时说他不希望宣扬自己的故事 |
[26:32] | Do you know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[26:34] | That’s a T-shirt, | 是件T恤 |
[26:35] | with a likeness of the actor | 印着电影里面 |
[26:36] | who plays the part of Patric Edelstein. | 演帕特里克·艾德斯坦的演员 |
[26:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[26:40] | I purchased it downstairs, not a half-hour ago, | 我不到半个小时以前在楼下买的 |
[26:43] | for $23.99. | 23.99美元 |
[26:44] | Was it licensed by your studio, ma’am? | 这是你们制片厂授权的吗 女士 |
[26:48] | I don’t think Mr. Preston has the answer to that. | 我不认为普莱斯顿先生能回答这个问题 |
[26:52] | Yes, it was licensed by our studio. | 对 是我们制片厂授权的 |
[26:54] | And you’re also selling a book | 而且你们也在卖一本 |
[26:55] | about the “Making Of”. Is that right? | 关于拍摄花絮的书 对吗 |
[26:57] | Excuse me, Ms. Lockhart. | 抱歉插一句 洛克哈特女士 |
[26:59] | We would argue that our movie’s a transformative work of art. | 我们的电影是一个经过加工的艺术作品 |
[27:03] | And therefore impervious to any “right of publicity” claim | 因此我们不存在任何艾德斯坦先生 |
[27:06] | by Mr. Edelstein. | 所提的版权问题 |
[27:07] | Meaning it’s a work of art, | 也就是说这是一个艺术作品 |
[27:08] | – and not a work of commerce? – That’s correct. | -而不具有商业用途对吗 -没错 |
[27:11] | The Supreme Court has shown great bias | 最高法院对非盈利的这种艺术表述 |
[27:13] | for free, non-commercial expression. | 总是持偏爱态度的 |
[27:15] | – Thank you for that clarification. – You’re welcome. | -感谢你澄清这点 -不客气 |
[27:17] | Anything to save us some time here. | 我们只是尽量为大家节省时间 |
[27:19] | So, ma’am, talk to me about | 那么 女士 请谈谈 |
[27:20] | the product placement in the movie. | 电影的广告植入情况 |
[27:23] | Objection. That’s irrelevant to this deposition. | 反对 这与这次作证无关 |
[27:27] | Shall we let the court determine what’s what, Mr. Preston? | 要让法院来裁决一切吗 普莱斯顿先生 |
[27:30] | Ma’am, could you tell me how many companies | 女士 你能告诉我有多少家公司 |
[27:32] | placed their products in your movie? | 在电影里植入了广告吗 |
[27:36] | Twenty-three. | 二十三家 |
[27:36] | My goodness. That’s a lot of artistic expression to divvy up. | 我的天 表现艺术的形式还真是多种多样啊 |
[27:40] | And how many products did these 23 companies place in the movie? | 那这23家公司在电影里展示了多少种商品呢 |
[27:43] | I’d like to call a halt to these proceedings | 我呼吁暂停一下 |
[27:46] | till after lunch. Thank you. | 午饭后继续 谢谢 |
[27:48] | That was fun. | 这很有趣 |
[27:49] | The last thing they’ll want to do is open their books. | 他们简直不想再谈下去了 |
[27:52] | Thank you. Both of you. | 谢谢你们 |
[27:53] | You’re, uh, making this an entertaining ride. | 你们把这事变得有意思起来了 |
[27:56] | Trying to give you your money’s worth. | 我们只是想让你的钱花得值当 |
[27:58] | Oh, no. | 不好 |
[28:04] | How dare you. | 你怎么能这样 |
[28:05] | What’s wrong, Viola? | 怎么了 维奥拉 |
[28:07] | Sit down. | 坐下说 |
[28:08] | You’re stealing him! | 你在拉拢他 |
[28:09] | You are trying to steal Edelstein. | 你在想方设法抢走艾德斯坦 |
[28:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[28:13] | I told you it was a loser. | 我告诉过你这官司该输 |
[28:15] | I shared the wealth, | 我和你分享了这份财富 |
[28:16] | I could’ve shared it with anybody in Chicago! | 我可以在芝加哥找任何人做这件事 |
[28:18] | We’re trying to win a case for your client, Viola. | 我们只是在想办法帮你的客户胜诉 维奥拉 |
[28:20] | Oh, no! | 别说了 |
[28:21] | Don’t, don’t try to turn it noble. | 别把你做的事说的那么高尚 |
[28:22] | You are showing off for him. | 你这是在他面前卖弄 |
[28:25] | And what’s worse, | 更糟糕的是 |
[28:25] | I have to hear it from Preston. | 我还得从普莱斯顿口中知道的这消息 |
[28:27] | I have to hear it from the opposition! | 我是从对手那里知道这一切的 |
[28:29] | You heard it from our opposition | 你从他那得到消息是因为 |
[28:31] | because he’s afraid we’re beating him. | 他害怕我们打败他 |
[28:33] | Just… go to hell! | 去死吧 |
[28:36] | It’s no wonder that they call you | 难怪他们在背后 |
[28:37] | an ice queen behind your back. | 都叫你冷血女王 |
[28:39] | Where is this coming from, Viola? | 你这股怒气到底从何而来 维奥拉 |
[28:40] | I’ve been nothing but straightforward with you– | 我从头到尾都在真诚待你 |
[28:43] | You’ve been nothing but a conniving bitch! | 你是个老谋深算的荡妇 |
[28:45] | And another thing. | 另外 |
[28:47] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[28:48] | Ms. Walsh… | 沃尔什女士 |
[28:52] | you’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[28:59] | Thank you for coming in, Mr. Abaire. | 谢谢你来这里 阿拜耳先生 |
[29:00] | And you’ve worked for your automotive company for how long? | 你在你的汽车公司工作多久了 |
[29:04] | Ten happy years. | 愉快的十年 |
[29:06] | Our tin anniversary. | 还有这么个纪念章呢 |
[29:10] | And you work in their product integration department? | 你在他们的产品集成部门工作对吗 |
[29:13] | Yes. | 对 |
[29:14] | And you negotiated with the studio | 你负责与制片厂协商 |
[29:16] | to have your automobiles placed in their movie? | 在电影里插入你们汽车的广告对吗 |
[29:18] | Yes. The 2011 La Havre. | 对 2011年款勒哈弗尔 |
[29:20] | Uh, two passive placements, and one integrated placement. | 两个被动置入 一个整合置入 |
[29:24] | “Passive” meaning beauty shots– and “Integrated”? | 被动指的是特写镜头 那整合呢 |
[29:26] | Uh, meaning there had to be at least one mention of the automobile’s features. | 就是必须有至少一处提及汽车特征 |
[29:30] | For example, | 比如 |
[29:32] | our voice-activated onboard navigation system. | 我们汽车的声控导航系统 |
[29:38] | And how was this movie sold to you? | 你觉得这部电影的卖点在哪呢 |
[29:40] | Uh… well, I… I don’t understand. | 我 我不明白 |
[29:42] | Was Mr. Edelstein’s name used | 艾德斯坦先生的大名 |
[29:44] | in trying to convince you to place your cars in the movie? | 是你在这部电影里投入广告的原因吗 |
[29:47] | Oh, yeah, of course. | 是的 当然了 |
[29:49] | It was between this movie and Social Network. | 当时我们在这部电影和《社交网络》中选择 |
[29:51] | Would you have agreed to pay the studio | 如果这部电影与艾德斯坦先生无关的话 |
[29:53] | if the movie had been not about Mr. Edelstein? | 你还会付广告费给制片厂吗 |
[29:57] | For example, if it had been about | 比如 如果电影讲述的是 |
[29:58] | a fictional computer programmer. | 一个虚构的电脑专家 |
[30:00] | Oh, uh, no. Of course not. | 不 当然不会了 |
[30:03] | I think we can call a halt to this. | 我想我们需要暂停一下了 |
[30:05] | Really? I think we have a few more questions. | 是吗 我们还有几个问题没问完呢 |
[30:08] | You won. | 你们赢了 |
[30:11] | Take yes for an answer. | 我们答应你们的条件 |
[30:14] | $35 million. | 三千五百万美元 |
[30:16] | And an apology. | 还要道歉 |
[30:17] | We’re sorry. | 我们很抱歉 |
[30:27] | Thought you had a home. | 你在这儿有房子吧 |
[30:29] | I do. Lake Forest. | 恩 在森林湖 |
[30:32] | When I work past 11:00, the government is required | 如果我过了夜里11点还要工作 政府会 |
[30:33] | to pay for in-town accommodations. | 负责我的住宿费用 |
[30:36] | How nice. My tax dollars at work. | 真好啊 我交的税原来是这么花掉的 |
[30:39] | So Blake Calamar, huh? | 关于布莱克·卡拉马尔? |
[30:41] | That’s a new name to us. | 这可是个新名字 |
[30:43] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:44] | I’m surprised. | 没想到 |
[30:45] | We’ve been juggling a lot of balls at the FBI. | 我在联邦调查局抓了很多人 |
[30:48] | But I guess you have, too. | 我猜你也一样 |
[30:54] | I’m taking off my shoe. | 我把鞋脱下了 |
[30:58] | See? | 瞧见了吗 |
[30:59] | I can see. | 我看见了 |
[31:03] | I’m stretching out my foot. | 我伸展一下我的脚 |
[31:08] | Are you all right with that? | 你不介意吧 |
[31:10] | You have to stretch, you have to stretch. | 你要伸展 那就伸展呗 |
[31:13] | I have an offer for you. | 我想提供你一个职位 |
[31:16] | Come work for me. | 来我这里工作吧 |
[31:18] | It’s not good at Lockhart/Gardner. | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所不怎么样 |
[31:21] | And it won’t be good for quite some time. | 这公司过很久也好不起来 |
[31:24] | And why is that? | 此话怎讲 |
[31:26] | Your firm is representing Bishop. | 你们公司代理毕夏普的业务 |
[31:28] | The drug dealer. | 那个大毒枭 |
[31:31] | Yeah, his legitimate interests. | 保护他的合法权益而已 |
[31:34] | He has no legitimate interests. | 他没有合法权益 |
[31:41] | The firm is in danger. | 这个公司正处危机之中 |
[31:44] | Come work for me. | 来我这儿工作吧 |
[31:47] | We’ve had this conversation. | 我们已经谈过这事了 |
[31:50] | I… I like it where I am. | 我喜欢我的现状 |
[31:58] | Why do you like men? | 为什么你喜欢男人 |
[32:01] | Why do I like men? | 为什么我喜欢男人 |
[32:03] | Yes. Sex with men. | 对 和男人上床 |
[32:05] | Why do you like it? | 为什么你喜欢这个 |
[32:08] | I don’t distinguish. | 我觉得都一样 |
[32:11] | You… don’t have a preference? | 你…没有偏好吗 |
[32:21] | You were saying? | 你的意思呢 |
[32:24] | I was saying… | 我觉得 |
[32:28] | Italian, Mexican, Thai, | 意大利菜 墨西哥菜 泰国菜 |
[32:30] | why does one choose one food over the other? | 为什么非要从中选一个更喜欢的呢 |
[32:34] | Because sex is not food. | 因为性不是食物 |
[32:36] | Because of love? | 因为爱吗 |
[32:37] | Or intimacy. | 或者亲密的关系 |
[32:38] | Don’t you want intimacy? | 你不想要那种亲密的感觉吗 |
[32:41] | No. | 不 |
[32:48] | I have to get that. | 我得接这个电话 |
[32:50] | Then you’re going to need your foot back. | 那你得把脚伸回去了 |
[33:05] | You following me? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[33:06] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[33:08] | Sure, let’s talk. | 当然 我们谈吧 |
[33:08] | Let’s all talk. | 把什么都说出来 |
[33:21] | What do you need? | 你想知道什么 |
[33:25] | You talking to the Feds? | 你在和联邦调查特工互通消息吗 |
[33:28] | I was having dinner with a Fed. | 我只是和特工共进晚餐 |
[33:30] | One Fed. | 一个特工 |
[33:33] | Why? Jealous? | 怎么 吃醋了吗 |
[33:38] | Kalinda, the kids have all gone to bed, okay? | 凯琳达 这里没有小孩子 |
[33:42] | It’s just me and you– the adults. | 只有你和我 都是成年人了 |
[33:47] | It’s time to be honest. | 该坦诚相待了 |
[33:50] | You start. | 你先说 |
[33:55] | Are you armed? | 你带武器了吗 |
[34:21] | You missed a spot. | 你漏了个地方 |
[34:31] | You unclasp it at the top. | 你解开上面的扣子 |
[34:39] | My turn. | 到我了 |
[34:43] | Why? Need more access? | 怎么了 想开后门? |
[34:44] | TSA. You know the drill. | 运输安全局的检查套路 你知道的 |
[34:49] | You wrote that e-mail to Bishop. | 那封给毕夏普的信是你写的 |
[34:52] | And you planted it in my apartment | 你故意把它放在我公寓里 |
[34:53] | for your boyfriend to find. | 给你男朋友去找 |
[34:55] | The ASA? Cary? | 那位检察官助理 凯里? |
[34:58] | You didn’t come to Lockhart/Gardner as an investigator. | 你来洛克哈特/加德纳律所不是当调查员的 |
[35:02] | Come on. Honesty. | 拜托 说实话 |
[35:11] | You wearing a wire? | 你戴了窃听器? |
[35:16] | I’m a fixer. | 我是收拾烂摊子的 |
[35:19] | Bond wants something to happen, | 邦德想做成某件事 |
[35:21] | doesn’t want to know how it happened, that’s me. | 但不想了解其中的过程 就由我出面搞定 |
[35:24] | I didn’t plant anything in your apartment. | 我没在你公寓里放任何东西 |
[35:28] | You should look elsewhere. | 你该查查别人 |
[35:30] | And what about your meeting with the Feds? | 那你见联邦探员是做什么 |
[35:32] | She wants me to leave Lockhart/Gardner, join her. | 她想让我离开洛克哈特&加德纳律所 加入她那 |
[35:38] | She knows that MS-13 | 她知道MS-13 |
[35:40] | is joining forces with Bishop. | 正要毕夏普联手 |
[35:46] | What does Bond want you to fix? | 邦德要你搞定什么 |
[35:49] | He wanted me to investigate everyone at the firm, | 他要我调查律所里的每个人 |
[35:51] | see who was a threat to a takeover, | 看谁对他接管不利 |
[35:54] | and who was an asset. | 谁值得留下 |
[35:57] | Your connection to Will– what is it? | 你跟威尔 是什么关系 |
[36:03] | I did, uh… | 我 |
[36:05] | I did some work for him at his first firm in Baltimore. | 他在巴尔的摩开第一家律所时我帮他做过些事 |
[36:08] | Illegal work? | 非法的 |
[36:11] | He owes me. | 他欠我的 |
[36:14] | You know, Donna thinks that… | 唐娜觉得 |
[36:18] | you like women more than men. | 你更喜欢女人 |
[36:20] | Sometimes. | 有时候吧 |
[36:25] | Depends. | 看情况 |
[36:31] | Where’s my baseball bat? | 我的球棒在哪 |
[36:38] | It’s in my bag. | 在我包里 |
[36:40] | I want it back. | 我想拿回来 |
[36:53] | So you’ll lay off? | 那你会放手吗 |
[36:56] | Lay off what? | 放手什么 |
[36:58] | Everything. | 所有一切 |
[37:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:21] | Why do you care about Leela? | 你为什么担心利拉 |
[37:23] | I don’t. | 我不担心 |
[37:24] | Then… what do you care about? | 那 你担心什么 |
[37:48] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[37:49] | You’ll have trouble breathing for a minute. | 你会暂时喘不过气来 |
[37:55] | Hi. Uh, my boyfriend’s had an accident, | 你好 我男朋友出了点小意外 |
[37:59] | and he’s injured his chest. | 他胸部受了伤 |
[38:01] | He’s having problems breathing. | 现在呼吸有点困难 |
[38:03] | Could you send someone up please? | 能派个人来吗 |
[38:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:09] | – Wait… – I’m going now, Blake. | -等等 -我要走了 布莱克 |
[38:12] | You trying to say something? | 你想说什么 |
[38:14] | Leela… | 利拉 |
[38:15] | Yeah. | 说吧 |
[38:17] | You keep going with that. | 你总是念念不忘 |
[38:19] | Leela, I… | 利拉 我 |
[38:21] | Why don’t you try taking a breath, hmm? | 你干嘛不喘口气再说 |
[38:25] | I phoned… | 我打了电话 |
[38:28] | I phoned… your husband… | 我打了电话 给你丈夫 |
[38:37] | You want to come in? | 要进来吗 |
[38:38] | No, I better get moved in. | 不 我还是回去收拾吧 |
[38:41] | – So… Oh, thanks. – Sure. | -那 谢谢 -没事 |
[38:52] | What did you mean, what I will do? | 你说的”我会怎么做”是什么意思 |
[38:55] | What? | 什么 |
[38:56] | About Will– you said, | 关于威尔 你说的 |
[38:57] | “What you want me to do, and what I will do”” | 你希望我做的 和 我会做的 |
[39:00] | What will I do? | 我会怎么做? |
[39:02] | Oh… | 哦… |
[39:06] | You’re a good person, Alicia. | 你是个正直的人 艾丽西娅 |
[39:09] | You’re pretending that you’re not– | 你假装你不是 |
[39:10] | that this recent unpleasantness has changed you, | 假装最近的不愉快改变了你 |
[39:14] | but it hasn’t. | 事实不是这样的 |
[39:16] | You are who you are. | 你就是你 |
[39:18] | You… can’t cheat. | 你不会背叛婚姻的 |
[39:23] | It’s not in your makeup. | 你天性如此 |
[39:28] | Thanks for the company. | 多谢你的陪伴 |
[39:31] | – I’ll see you soon. – Okay. | -回见 -好 |
[40:14] | Well, uh, according to the lawyers, | 呃 据律师们说 |
[40:16] | I have to say this. | 我必须作如下声明 |
[40:18] | My Patric Edelstein is not | 我笔下的帕特里克·艾德斯坦 |
[40:21] | the real Patric Edelstein. | 并非真实的帕特里克·艾德斯坦 |
[40:24] | to which I have my own legal one word retort– duh. | 我只能用这样的词合法地反驳他 切 |
[40:29] | Yes, we lost the lawsuit. | 是的 我们败诉了 |
[40:30] | Yes, there is fiction in every fact. | 电影中所述事实存在虚构 |
[40:34] | – But you know what I hate? – I think I know what he hates. | -你知道我讨厌什么吗 -我猜我知道 |
[40:36] | Our litigious society and a world | 我恨这个喜欢打官司的社会 |
[40:39] | where lawyers find cleverer and cleverer ways | 还有那些律师 |
[40:42] | to make end runs around the First Amendment. | 想出了各种办法绕开了第一修正案 |
[40:44] | Hey, he called us clever. | 嘿 他说我们聪明 |
[40:46] | What happens to writers | 要是每次冒犯了人 |
[40:47] | and to satirists if every time they offend someone | 就会因侵犯形象权被起诉 |
[40:51] | they’re sued based on right of publicity? | 编剧和讽刺作家还怎么活? |
[40:54] | He’s not wrong. | 他没说错 |
[40:55] | Of course he’s not wrong. | 当然没说错 |
[40:56] | The last refuge of the loser is to not be wrong. | 正确是失败者最后的庇护所 |
[41:03] | Hey. How was, uh… everywhere? | 嗨 你怎么样 |
[41:07] | It was good. Good! | 很好 不错 |
[41:09] | Well, good job on the road. | 路上干得不错 |
[41:11] | The studio apologized. | 制片厂道歉了 |
[41:13] | And we did pretty well. | 我们干得很不错 |
[41:19] | Will, I need a moment of your time. | 威尔我得和你谈谈 |
[41:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:24] | I never got the second message to my cell phone. | 我没有收到手机上的第二条语音留言 |
[41:27] | I don’t know why. | 我不知为什么 |
[41:28] | The second? | 第二条? |
[41:30] | No, you got everything. | 你都收到了啊 |
[41:32] | When you phoned Peter’s press conference, | 你在彼得的记者会上打来电话 |
[41:34] | you left two messages, but I didn’t get the second. | 你留下两条留言 我没收到第二条 |
[41:36] | I only got the first. | 只收到第一条 |
[41:37] | I hate missed connections and that stuff, so… | 我讨厌这种事 |
[41:42] | can I ask, what did you say? | 我能问问你究竟说了什么吗 |
[41:49] | In my second message? | 在我的第二条留言里? |
[41:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:01] | You don’t have to say. | 你并不一定要说 |
[42:05] | Well, I will. | 我会说的 |
[42:09] | I said, I think you made the right decision | 我认为你的决定是正确的 |
[42:12] | with Peter. | 和彼得在一起 |
[42:14] | And I didn’t want us to be uncomfortable at work. | 我不希望工作中会产生尴尬 |
[42:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:24] | Good. | 那就好 |
[42:27] | And we’re not. | 我们没有尴尬 |
[42:29] | And we’re not. | 我们没有尴尬 |
[42:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:36] | I should get back to work. | 我该回去工作了 |
[42:41] | It’s good to have you back. | 你回来真好 |
[42:43] | It’s good to be back. | 我也很高兴回来 |