时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:59] | This doesn’t prove anything. | 这说明不了什么 |
[01:01] | Of course it doesn’t prove anything, | 当然这说明不了什么 |
[01:03] | and yet, show that to a jury, | 不过 把这个亮给陪审团 |
[01:05] | and a million dollar suit turns into a $20 million one. | 能让100万美元的索赔加码到2000万 |
[01:09] | And if I get it kicked as prejudicial? | 如果我把它作为偏见证据排除呢 |
[01:10] | It’s Judge Abernathy. | 法官是阿伯内亚 |
[01:11] | You’re representing a deep-pocketed, big bad internet company | 你代理的是财大气粗的恶棍互联网公司 |
[01:15] | who treated its employees so poorly, | 对员工非常恶劣 |
[01:17] | three of them committed suicide in a month. | 一个月内就有三名员工自杀 |
[01:19] | This one in his own cubicle. | 这位就死在自己办公的格子间 |
[01:20] | What side do you think Abernathy will be on? | 你认为阿伯内亚会支持哪一方呢 |
[01:24] | You’ve changed. | 你变了 |
[01:25] | I have. | 那是 |
[01:25] | What happened to that cute little housewife that I used to know? | 我认识的那个可爱的小主妇怎么变成这样了 |
[01:29] | When did she grow to be so tall? | 什么时候形象变得这么高大的 |
[01:32] | You know, they say, | 知道吗 人们说 |
[01:34] | you always kill the woman terrorists first. | 要首先击毙女恐怖分子 |
[01:38] | The male ones– well, they hesitate. | 至于男恐怖分子 他们优柔寡断 |
[01:40] | They fear death. | 贪生怕死 |
[01:41] | Not the women. | 女人不这样 |
[01:42] | Then maybe you should consider settling. | 那也许你该考虑和解 |
[01:45] | I’ll talk to my client. | 我会跟我的委托人谈谈 |
[01:47] | Good. Have you been well? | 好的 你最近还好吗 |
[01:49] | I have. | 我一直还好 |
[01:50] | Oh, I heard there was another turnover at Lockhart/Gardner. | 听说洛克哈特&加德纳律所又变天了 |
[01:53] | Yes. It’s a new day. | 是啊 新气象 |
[01:55] | A new, new day. | 又一个新气象 |
[01:57] | Sounds like you have one of those things every few months. | 听上去你们每隔几个月就要折腾一番 |
[02:00] | Do they miss me? | 他们想念我吗 |
[02:01] | Oh, terribly, but then, every time we end up | 他们无比想念你 不过每当 |
[02:04] | on the opposite side of a case from you, it eases the pain. | 跟你对簿公堂的时候 相思之苦便有所缓解 |
[02:07] | Oh, and your husband– oh, I hear he’s up by three points. | 还有你丈夫 我听说他领先3个百分点 |
[02:10] | He’s doing quite well, thank you. | 他情况不错 谢谢你 |
[02:11] | Playing the race card. | 打种族牌 |
[02:13] | Oh, the suburbs, | 城郊居民 |
[02:14] | how they love their white politicians. | 多么热爱他们的白人政客啊 |
[02:19] | You are going to become a very valuable commodity very soon. | 要不了多久 你势必成为他们的无价之宝 |
[02:23] | How’s your daughter, Mr. Stern? | 你女儿还好吗 斯特恩先生 |
[02:24] | Every firm in the city is gonna come out of the woodwork | 这城里每家公司都会冒出来 |
[02:27] | trying to get their hooks into you. | 想尽办法把你拉进去 |
[02:28] | Wife of the State’s Attorney, a practicing lawyer, | 州检察官的妻子 同时又是执业律师 |
[02:31] | and not bad to look at, either. | 而且长得不错 |
[02:33] | Have a number to me by 6:00. | 6点前给我报个价 |
[02:35] | Do nothing. Say nothing. | 什么也别做 什么也别说 |
[02:37] | We are three points up with six days to go. | 我们领先3个百分点 只剩6天了 |
[02:41] | The only way Wendy Scott-Carr wins is if we mess up. | 温迪·斯科特-卡尔要赢的唯一指望就是我们自乱阵脚 |
[02:44] | If a reporter comes up to you, what does everyone say? | 如果记者找上门来 该怎么说 |
[02:47] | That’s right. Nothing. | 对 无可奉告 |
[02:51] | Hello, Petra. | 你好 佩拉 |
[02:52] | What a glorious day it is today. | 今天真是个好日子啊 |
[02:54] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[02:55] | Eli, you are so counting your chickens. | 伊莱 你的如意算盘打得太早了 |
[02:58] | Why, whatever do you mean? | 为什么 你究竟什么意思 |
[02:59] | I’m just sitting here, chatting with my favorite reporter. | 我这不是正在和我最喜欢的记者聊天吗 |
[03:02] | So, what do you think of the DCC suit? | 你对民主党委员会的诉讼怎么看 |
[03:04] | The DCC suit? | 民主党委员会的诉讼? |
[03:06] | I don’t know. What should I think? | 我不知道 我该怎么看 |
[03:07] | Did you have anything to do with it? | 你跟这事有关吗 |
[03:14] | I am the first one to call you, aren’t I? | 莫非我是第一个告诉你的人 |
[03:18] | No. What are we talking about here? | 不 你说的这是什么 |
[03:21] | The Democratic Committee has brought suit against Wendy Scott-Carr, | 民主党委员会提起对温迪·斯科特-卡尔的诉讼 |
[03:23] | charging her with a lack of residency status. | 起诉她缺少居民身份 |
[03:26] | Get the DCC now! | 现在就打给民主党委员会 |
[03:30] | So, are you party to this suit? | 那么你们和此事有关吗 |
[03:32] | Are we party? No. | 有关吗 没有 |
[03:33] | In fact, we believe that any question | 事实上 我们认为 |
[03:34] | of our opposition’s residency is misguided. | 质疑我们对手的居民身份的问题是被误导了 |
[03:37] | That’s a… nice quote. | 说得妙 |
[03:38] | Can you get me another one from the candidate? | 你能帮我弄到候选人关于这事的说法吗 |
[03:40] | What’s your deadline? | 截止时间是? |
[03:41] | Well, online edition in 20 minutes. | 网上的版本需要20分钟内提交 |
[03:43] | I’ll call you back. | 我待会给你回电话 |
[03:45] | What the hell were you thinking?! | 你他妈到底在想什么 |
[03:47] | You stupid bastard! | 你个蠢货 |
[03:49] | – Let go! – We’re up by three points! | -放开我 -我们领先3个点啊 |
[03:51] | And we’re helping! | 我们这是在帮忙啊 |
[03:52] | No! | 不 |
[03:54] | Where did you go to school, you idiot?! | 你在哪上的学啊 你这白痴 |
[03:57] | You stupid son of a bitch. | 你这狗娘养的蠢货 |
[03:59] | You novice! | 你个糊涂虫 |
[04:00] | Wendy’s husband’s not a resident. | 温迪的丈夫不是居民 |
[04:02] | They spend more time out of Illinois than in it. | 他们大部分时间不住在伊利诺伊州 |
[04:04] | You gave her an issue! | 你这是给她找话题 |
[04:06] | You gave her a reprieve! | 给她以可乘之机 |
[04:07] | The court will invalidate her votes. | 法庭会宣判她的选票无效 |
[04:09] | No, they won’t! | 不 不会的 |
[04:10] | A lower court will. | 下级法院可能会 |
[04:12] | It’ll look like machine politics. | 这样看起来会像党棍政治 |
[04:14] | We finally positioned ourselves as the enemy of the machine, | 我们好不容易把自己树立成党棍政治的对手 |
[04:17] | and in one fell swoop, | 你搞了这一下 |
[04:18] | you make it clear that Wendy is the enemy of the machine! | 简直等于宣布温迪是党棍政治的对手 |
[04:22] | – Well, what’s done is done. – No, it is not, | -覆水难收 -不 就要收 |
[04:23] | because you’re gonna drop this suit and apologize. | 你马上撤销诉讼并道歉 |
[04:26] | Say it came from some underling with an itchy trigger finger. | 就说是某个冲动的下属干的 |
[04:29] | Too late. I already gave a quote. | 太晚了 我已经发表看法了 |
[04:37] | You know, I don’t have many enemies in life. | 我这辈子还没怎么树过敌 |
[04:41] | I get along with Republicans, | 我跟共和党 |
[04:43] | Protestants, Catholics, | 新教徒 天主教徒都能处得来 |
[04:46] | even a few reporters. | 甚至跟一些记者交情也不错 |
[04:49] | But the one thing I hate | 但我最讨厌的就是 |
[04:51] | is amateurs. | 外行 |
[04:56] | Stern signed off on admitting this video into evidence? | 斯特恩签字同意这段视频作为证据 |
[04:58] | Yes, but I don’t think he thought we’d end up in court. | 是的 不过我认为我们可能不必上庭 |
[05:01] | Well, it’s now 6:00, and he’s not calling with a number, | 现在6点了 他还没有打电话来报价 |
[05:04] | so I think we’re ending up in court. | 看来还得上庭 |
[05:06] | It’s probably not a bad thing. | 也许不是坏事 |
[05:07] | If I were on this jury, I’d want to punish someone for that. | 我要是陪审团的话 我一定会想狠狠惩罚某人 |
[05:10] | Has she seen this? | 她看过这个吗 |
[05:11] | No, but she knows I have it. | 不 不过她知道我有这段视频 |
[05:13] | Best way to get it into evidence is through her testimony. | 最好是通过她的证词把这段证据引入 |
[05:15] | Can you prep her? | 你能帮她做盘问准备吗 |
[05:16] | You mean show this to her? | 你是说给她看这个 |
[05:17] | You all right with that? | 你能行吗 |
[05:19] | Yes. | 行 |
[05:20] | So, who else are we going to use from the rest of the class? | 那么这批人当中还有谁可以利用 |
[05:24] | The fired one with the kids. | 那位拖家带口的被解雇的 |
[05:26] | – Emily Haas. – Yes. | -艾米丽·哈斯 -对 |
[05:28] | Thanks for holding them together. | 谢谢你把他们团结起来 |
[05:33] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[05:39] | Do you need some help, little girl? | 需要帮忙吗 小姑娘 |
[05:41] | No, I’m good. | 不 我很好 |
[05:44] | – Where’d you get these? – My sister. | -这东西哪来的 -我姐姐的 |
[05:46] | Do you remember Helena? | 还记得海莲娜吗 |
[05:47] | She’s staying the weekend. | 她过来度周末 |
[05:49] | – She said to say hello. – She did not. | -让我代她向你问好 -没有吧 |
[05:51] | Well, she said some other things, too. | 她还说了点别的话 |
[05:53] | She doesn’t still hold a grudge, does she? | 她还记仇呢 不是吧 |
[05:54] | No, no. The first decade she did. | 不 不 头十年她记仇 |
[05:57] | She wasn’t used to people breaking up with her. | 她不习惯别人跟她分手 |
[05:59] | She usually was the heartbreaker. | 通常她是爱情杀手 |
[06:00] | Does she think it’s weird we’re…? | 她觉得别扭吗 我们… |
[06:03] | She thinks I’m competing with her. | 她认为我在和她争 |
[06:05] | Well, then you’ve won. | 那你是赢家 |
[06:06] | We’ve been with each other longer than her. | 我们交往的时间比她长 |
[06:10] | I got an offer to go to London. | 我在伦敦得到一份工作 |
[06:14] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我来这里 |
[06:15] | They want me to go to London for the Olympics. | 他们想让我去伦敦报道奥运会 |
[06:18] | – Next year? – No. This year, | -明年吗 -不 今年 |
[06:19] | to be their man on the ground in the rev-up. | 去当地为报道工作预热 |
[06:22] | Are you going? | 你要去吗 |
[06:23] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[06:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:27] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[06:28] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:29] | What? | 怎么 |
[06:31] | What are we? | 我们算什么 |
[06:32] | No. | 不 |
[06:34] | Should I go to London? | 我应该去伦敦吗 |
[06:37] | It’s a good opportunity. | 这是个好机会 |
[06:38] | It’s a promotion. | 这是晋升 |
[06:39] | And you want to go? | 那你想去吗 |
[06:40] | That’s the subject under discussion. | 那是正在讨论的问题 |
[06:50] | I need some help. | 我也很难做决定 |
[06:54] | I think I should go. | 我想我应该去 |
[06:56] | Okay, then I think that’s a smart plan. | 好 我觉得是个明智之举 |
[06:59] | – When-When would you leave? – Two weeks. | -你 你什么时候走 -两周后 |
[07:01] | Wow. Fast. | 真快啊 |
[07:02] | Yup. | 是的 |
[07:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:08] | See you. | 再见 |
[07:25] | Morning. | 早啊 |
[07:27] | You have the Aubrey client meeting at 9:00. | 九点您要见客户奥布里 |
[07:29] | And the final contracts on your desk for Thompson. | 还有您桌上给汤普森的最终合约 |
[07:32] | I’ll give you ten more minutes. | 我再给您十分钟 |
[07:34] | Then I need you on the phone with New York. | 然后需要您接听纽约的电话 |
[07:50] | Yup. | 是 |
[07:53] | Stern is dead. | 斯特恩过世了 |
[07:55] | Okay, who’s doing it? | 好的 谁在处理呢 |
[07:57] | Just keep me in touch. | 保持联系 |
[08:01] | When? | 什么时候 |
[08:02] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[08:03] | Sometime during the night. | 晚上的某个时间吧 |
[08:06] | His secretary just found him this morning. | 他的秘书今早刚发现的 |
[08:11] | Well, that’s the end of an era. | 那是一个时代的终结 |
[08:14] | I kind of don’t know what to think. | 我脑子里有点乱 |
[08:15] | I mean, he brought us together. | 我是说 他把我们拉到一起的 |
[08:17] | Yeah. Then he took half our clients, | 是的 然后带走了我们一半的客户 |
[08:20] | and he’s been bludgeoning us with them ever since. | 从那时起他一直在打压我们 |
[08:22] | When’s the funeral? | 葬礼什么时候 |
[08:23] | Tomorrow. Just the family. | 明天 只有亲属 |
[08:26] | But they’re sitting shiva for the week. | 不过他们要服丧七日 |
[08:33] | Is it horrible of me? | 我这种想法很可怕吗 |
[08:35] | I don’t know, but I was thinking the same thing. | 不知道 不过我在想同样的事 |
[08:37] | – We can grab our clients back. – Yup. | -我们能夺回客户 -是的 |
[08:39] | I already made a list. | 我已经列了名单 |
[08:43] | We can’t call them now, can we? | 现在不能给他们打电话 是吗 |
[08:45] | Well, that might seem… opportunistic. | 那看起来可能… 是投机 |
[08:47] | – What’s the etiquette? – Tomorrow. | -什么时候合适 -明天 |
[08:49] | I mean, if we don’t, other firms will jump in. | 我是说 如果不打电话 其他律所会插进来的 |
[08:51] | Other firms without the same sense of restraint? | 其他律所可没有这种克制意识 |
[08:55] | We should call on his wife and daughter. | 我们应该拜访他的妻女 |
[08:57] | Sitting shiva? | 在服丧期间? |
[08:59] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:02] | You think his firm’s in play? | 你觉得他的公司在运转吗 |
[09:04] | Could be. | 应该在运转的 |
[09:06] | That would be bad. | 那就麻烦了 |
[09:08] | Clients might stay put. | 客户或许不会另投他处 |
[09:18] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[09:21] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:23] | I mean, how awful. | 我是说 真可怕 |
[09:24] | He was dead the whole night. | 整个晚上 他就死在那里 |
[09:27] | Everyone thought it was just another one of his all-nighters. | 大家都以为他只是又熬了个通宵 |
[09:30] | The life of a lawyer. | 这就是律师的命啊 |
[09:32] | I don’t want to die like that. | 我不想像他那样死去 |
[09:34] | Then don’t. | 那就不要那样 |
[09:36] | Pamela Harriman. | 帕米拉·哈里曼 |
[09:38] | Now that was a death. | 她死的才叫体面 |
[09:40] | Doing laps in the Paris Ritz pool. | 死前在巴黎里兹饭店游泳池游几圈 |
[09:43] | Doesn’t matter, does it? | 有区别吗 |
[09:44] | I mean, we all end up in the same place. | 我是说 终结的地方都一样 |
[09:46] | All that’s left is… our Wikipedia entry. | 剩下的只有… 维基百科条目 |
[09:49] | Well, you’re a bundle of joy. | 你真会逗笑 |
[09:58] | Stay healthy. | 保持健康 |
[10:13] | Okay, not too opportunistic. | 好的 别太投机 |
[10:27] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[10:31] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[10:44] | Solomon Harwell. LSG. | 所罗门·哈维尔 物流公司的 |
[10:47] | We had 11 million of their business last year. | 去年我们有他们一千一百万的生意 |
[10:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:51] | And his son just made it into Harvard. | 他儿子刚进了哈佛大学 |
[10:53] | Solomon, how are you? | 所罗门 你好 |
[10:54] | Counselor, how are you? | 律师 你好 |
[11:03] | We’re a stronger firm these days. | 这些日子我们律所更强了 |
[11:04] | The economy knocked out some of our competitors, | 经济危机消灭了一些竞争对手 |
[11:07] | but we survived. | 但我们坚持过来了 |
[11:08] | Oh, I know. I always liked you guys. | 我知道 我一直都喜欢你们 |
[11:11] | But I’m waiting to see who’s buying Stern’s firm first. | 不过我先等着看谁会买下斯特恩律所 |
[11:13] | Who’s buying? What do you mean? | 谁会买下 您什么意思 |
[11:15] | Stern was selling his firm. | 斯特恩生前正在出售他的律所 |
[11:17] | He was retiring. | 他要退休 |
[11:19] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道啊 |
[11:21] | Who was he selling it to? | 他卖给谁了 |
[11:26] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克女士 |
[11:28] | Funny to see you here. | 这里见到你真有意思 |
[11:30] | Yes, funny. | 是啊 有意思 |
[11:33] | You knew Mr. Stern? | 你认识斯特恩先生? |
[11:34] | I did. | 是的 |
[11:35] | Not for that long. Just the last four months. | 时间不长 他的最后四个月而已 |
[11:38] | He was helping me become adjusted to Chicago. | 他帮助我调整以适应芝加哥 |
[11:41] | – It’s a sad day. – Yes. Very sad. | -真是个悲伤的日子 -是啊 很悲伤 |
[11:46] | But I didn’t realize, | 我一直都不知道 |
[11:48] | Mr. Canning, that you were still here. | 坎宁先生 你还在芝加哥 |
[11:50] | I thought you went back to New York. | 我以为你回纽约了 |
[11:51] | Oh, no, no, no. | 没有没有 |
[11:53] | I like it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[11:57] | In fact, I think we’ll be seeing each other in court again soon. | 实际上 我想我们很快又会在法庭相见了 |
[12:00] | We will? Why? | 又相见? 为什么 |
[12:02] | Stern’s last case. | 斯特恩最后的案子 |
[12:03] | Uh, you’re taking over? | 你接手了吗 |
[12:05] | Well… I bought his firm. | 我买下了他的律所 |
[12:10] | Every case, every client. | 所有的案子 所有的客户 |
[12:13] | Looks like we’ll be facing off quite a bit now. | 看来我们又要针锋相对了 |
[12:37] | Wendy Scott-Carr is an Illinois resident. | 温迪的确是伊州公民 |
[12:40] | This is her summer home in Forest Lake, | 这是她在森湖市的夏宅 |
[12:42] | not in Michigan as the Democratic Committee suggests. | 并不像民主党委员会说的那样在密歇根 |
[12:45] | And why isn’t Wendy’s team showing me that? | 为什么不是温迪的团队给我看这个 |
[12:48] | ‘Cause they’re three points down, and they want the DCC | 因为他们落后三个百分点 |
[12:50] | to continue to shoot themselves in the foot. | 他们希望民主党委员会继续自毁长城 |
[12:52] | They actually seem to be shooting you in the foot. | 貌似毁的是你的长城 |
[12:54] | All the more reason to print it. | 那就更要发表了 |
[12:56] | I got a background quote that Florrick has bimbo issues. | 匿名人士爆料说福瑞克有桃色新闻 |
[13:05] | Had bimbo issues. | 曾经有 |
[13:07] | No, I-I think I got the tense right. | 不 我觉得不是过去式 |
[13:17] | – You’re not gonna print it. – Am I not? | -你不能发表这个 -不能吗 |
[13:18] | If it’s untrue, you’re not. | 若果这消息是假的 你就不能发表 |
[13:19] | And we know this how? | 我们怎知真假 |
[13:20] | Because Peter is a reformed man. | 因为彼得已经改过自新了 |
[13:23] | This is pretty convincing stuff. | 这次的爆料言之凿凿 |
[13:25] | He, uh… he slept with a coworker, | 他和一位同事上床了 |
[13:28] | and is actively trying to hide it from his wife. | 而且他正全力避免他妻子得知此事 |
[13:32] | And I hear the State’s Attorney has an investigator | 此外我还听说 州检察官派了一位调查员 |
[13:34] | named Andrew Wiley snooping around. | 安德鲁·怀利 四处打探此事 |
[13:42] | There are some very real human beings | 这场闹剧涉及到 |
[13:46] | in this little drama. | 几个实实在在的人 |
[13:47] | Yes, and I know that is always your first concern. | 是的 我知道你最关心的就是这个 |
[13:53] | – Get me a quote from the wife. – No. | -让他的妻子给我评论下 -不行 |
[13:55] | – Then I’ll run what I have. – You’ll run a rumor. | -那我就发表了 -你发表的是谣言 |
[13:57] | Half our newspaper is a rumor. | 我们的报纸有一半是谣言 |
[13:59] | How do you think news becomes news? | 你知道新闻都是怎么来的吗 |
[14:01] | Get Mrs. Florrick on the phone with me. | 让福瑞克夫人打电话给我 |
[14:03] | Maybe I’ll run something else. | 或许我会发表些别的 |
[14:08] | Give me 48 hours. | 给我48小时 |
[14:11] | 24. | 24小时 |
[14:25] | Thank you. Please. | 谢谢 请坐 |
[14:28] | I didn’t know | 除了在这里的几次见面 |
[14:29] | Jonas Stern outside of our few shared moments here, | 我之前并不太认识乔纳斯·斯特恩 |
[14:33] | but it’s always worth a moment | 但是花点时间 |
[14:34] | to reflect on how… fleeting life is. | 回望生命如白驹过隙 还是值得的 |
[14:38] | How we really only… | 我们手中 |
[14:40] | hold so much… sand in our hands. | 所掌握的只是时之沙 |
[14:45] | Tant’è amara che poco | 生亦何欢 |
[14:49] | è pi u morte, as they say. | 死亦何苦 |
[14:51] | Anyway, | 好了 |
[14:52] | I hear that negotiations have broken down, | 我听说谈判已经破裂 |
[14:55] | and we’re ready to go. | 大家都准备好了 |
[14:57] | Yes? Then let’s call the jury. | 是吧 请陪审团入场吧 |
[15:00] | And when would you say things changed, Mr. Yellins? | 事情是什么时候开始起变化的 叶林斯先生 |
[15:02] | Well, about six months ago. | 大约六个月之前 |
[15:04] | After Kim Palmieri took over as CEO. | 金·帕梅里接任行政总裁的时候 |
[15:06] | Kim Palmieri, the defendant? | 被告金·帕梅里吗 |
[15:07] | Yes. It started with little things. | 是的 一开始是些小事 |
[15:09] | They closed the employee break room, | 他们关闭了员工休息室 |
[15:11] | they cut our sick days. | 削减病假 |
[15:12] | They laid people off so the rest of us were forced | 他们裁减员工 我们这些剩下的就不得不 |
[15:15] | to come in on the weekends and take up the slack. | 周末来加班以补上缺漏 |
[15:17] | The air conditioning was off, so the place was an oven. | 空调也给关了 办公室热得像炉子一样 |
[15:19] | Finally, I came in to my office one day, | 最终 有一天我来上班 |
[15:22] | and my desk was gone. | 我的桌子不见了 |
[15:23] | Where did it go? | 桌子去哪儿了 |
[15:24] | They’d moved it to the copy room. | 被挪到复印室了 |
[15:26] | My supervisor, Kevin, | 我的上司 凯文 |
[15:27] | made me gather my things into a box | 让我把自己的东西收到一个盒子里 |
[15:29] | and walk over to the copy room with everybody staring at me, | 搬到复印室去 所有人都盯着我 |
[15:32] | and that was the most humiliating… | 这实在太侮辱人了 |
[15:35] | Uh, so after that, I couldn’t go back there. | 之后 我没法回去工作了 |
[15:37] | I quit. | 我辞职了 |
[15:38] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[15:43] | So… they, uh… they closed the break room? | 他们把员工休息室关了? |
[15:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:51] | I see. I’m… sorry. | 明白了 我很抱歉 |
[15:54] | And the air conditioner being turned off– that was tough. | 空调也关了 很不好过吧 |
[15:56] | Well, it was the idea of-of working on the weekends. | 最可恶的是周末还要工作 |
[15:59] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[16:00] | And this moved desk– how far was that? | 你的桌子被移动了多远 |
[16:03] | Uh, I don’t know. The end of the building. | 我不清楚 到了大楼的尽头 |
[16:05] | And everybody’s eyes were on you? | 大家都盯着你? |
[16:09] | The whole firm’s. | 整个公司都盯着我 |
[16:10] | That must have been humiliating, with everyone… | 大家都看着你 |
[16:13] | watching you. | 一定很伤自尊 |
[16:14] | How-How far was it, do you think, 50 feet? | 你觉得到底有多远 15米? |
[16:16] | – Um, I don’t know. – Well, let’s… | -我不知道 -那么 |
[16:17] | Let’s-Let’s try it. | 我们就来试试看 |
[16:22] | Was it this far, your humiliating walk? | 你的屈辱之旅 有这么远吗 |
[16:24] | The one with everyone staring at you? | 那时大家都盯着你 |
[16:26] | Uh, no, it was further. | 不 比这远 |
[16:28] | Okay, was it… was it a straight line, | 好 你走的是直线 |
[16:30] | or was-was something in your way, or…? | 还是说路上有别的东西挡着 |
[16:32] | Uh, I don’t think you’re getting the point. | 我觉得你没抓住要点 |
[16:34] | The point is that it was painful and humiliating. | 要点是痛苦和屈辱 |
[16:37] | I mean, that’s… that’s why you’re suing. | 我是说 你正是因为这个起诉 |
[16:40] | And I’m just trying to ascertain the extent of your humiliation. | 我只是想确认你受到了多深的羞辱 |
[16:43] | Was it this far, your-your walk with everybody | 大家都盯着你的时候 |
[16:47] | watching you? | 你走了有这么远吗 |
[16:49] | We need to hit the videotaped hanging harder. | 我们得在自杀录像上加把劲了 |
[16:51] | Kalinda, what do you have? | 凯琳达 查到什么没 |
[16:52] | Their financials. | 他们的账目 |
[16:53] | The company claims | 公司声称 |
[16:54] | they cut employee perks because of the economy, | 他们削减员工津贴是因为经济形势不好 |
[16:57] | but I found this buried under a miscellaneous line item. | 但我在他们的支出杂项里找到了这个 |
[17:00] | Two point seven million | 270万美金 |
[17:01] | paid to a company called Haver Associates. | 付给了一家哈沃公司 |
[17:04] | A human resources consultant. | 人力资源顾问公司 |
[17:06] | They tell you how to fire people. | 他们教你怎么炒掉员工 |
[17:07] | This should have been turned over in discovery. | 这个在文件透露程序中应该提交的 |
[17:07] | 法律程序中的一方交出所有有关文件 以供另一方查阅的审讯前的程序 | |
[17:09] | Yup. Looks like they were trying to hide it. | 是啊 看来他们在竭力隐瞒 |
[17:11] | Good. Stay on it. | 好 继续跟进 |
[17:12] | And so your husband took his own life? | 于是你丈夫就自尽了? |
[17:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:18] | He called me | 他打电话来 |
[17:19] | and asked me to hug our daughters, | 叫我拥抱着女儿们 |
[17:23] | to read them Goodnight Moon. | 给她们读《晚安月亮》 |
[17:25] | He loved reading them that. | 他很爱给她们读那首诗 |
[17:27] | And then he took an extension cord, | 然后他拿了根电线 |
[17:30] | and stood on his desk and hung himself. | 站上自己的桌子 上吊了 |
[17:33] | And you’ve seen the surveillance video of your husband’s suic…? | 你已看过你丈夫自杀的监控… |
[17:36] | Objection! | 反对 |
[17:36] | Your Honor, Mr. Canning… | 法官大人 坎宁先生… |
[17:37] | This is completely absurd, Your Honor. | 这简直荒谬透顶 法官大人 |
[17:39] | It’s decided. | 已经定了 |
[17:40] | No, it’s not. | 不 没定 |
[17:40] | This was already settled. | 早就达成协议了 |
[17:41] | – With another lawyer. – Your Honor? | -和另一个律师达成的 -法官大人 |
[17:43] | Over here. | 过来 |
[17:44] | I find lawyers less aggressive when seated. Please. | 我发现律师们坐着的时候没那么咄咄逼人 |
[17:49] | Everybody, please take a seat. | 各位 请坐 |
[17:52] | And no leaning forward. | 别往前靠 |
[17:54] | Everybody take a deep breath. | 大家深呼吸 |
[18:00] | Good. Mr. Canning, let’s start with you. | 好 坎宁先生 你先说 |
[18:02] | It’s prejudicial, Your Honor. | 这是偏见证据 法官大人 |
[18:03] | It’s a surveillance video of Mr. Joyce committing suicide by hanging himself. | 这是乔伊斯先生上吊自杀过程的监控录像 |
[18:07] | It serves no probative value, other than to inflame the jury. | 它没有证明价值 只会引起陪审团反感 |
[18:10] | Uh, Mr. Gardner, Mrs. Florrick. | 加德纳先生 福瑞克太太 |
[18:12] | It goes to pain and suffering. | 它能证明痛苦与折磨 |
[18:13] | Mrs. Joyce not only had to suffer her husband’s suicide, | 乔伊斯太太既得忍受失去丈夫的痛苦 |
[18:16] | she had to see the surveillance video. | 又得忍受看监控录像的折磨 |
[18:17] | Because you showed it to her. | 还不是你给她看的 |
[18:19] | Uh-uh-uh. Mr. Canning, you’ll have your chance. | 坎宁先生 会轮到你说话 |
[18:21] | Mr. Canning’s predecessor counsel, | 坎宁先生的前任律师 |
[18:23] | Mr. Stern, already signed off on our evidence list. | 斯特恩先生 已经签署同意了证据清单 |
[18:25] | He had no objection to this video. | 他不反对这个录像 |
[18:26] | That’s true, Mr. Canning. | 没错 坎宁先生 |
[18:27] | Why are we reopening this particular can of worms? | 为什么我们要来回折腾呢 |
[18:30] | No, no. Don’t lean forward. | 不 不 别往前靠 |
[18:31] | Just… I just have to get something from my case, Your Honor. Oh. | 我只是得从包里拿点东西 法官大人 |
[18:35] | In going over our records with our medical carrier, | 我在检查本所医药供应商记录的过程中 |
[18:37] | I discovered several prescriptions for Donepezil | 发现几份盐酸多奈哌齐的处方 |
[18:38] | made out to Mr. Stern. | 都是开给斯特恩先生的 |
[18:41] | It’s a drug commonly used for | 这是通常用于 |
[18:42] | treatment of Alzheimer’s and dementia. | 治疗老年痴呆症的药物 |
[18:44] | It’s a scourge of the elderly, as you know. | 您也知道 这病对老年人很是折磨 |
[18:46] | Yes. My nana suffered from it. | 是的 我奶奶得了这病 |
[18:49] | She hardly knew me at the end. | 她最后几乎不认得我了 |
[18:51] | Oh, that’s terrible. It was the same with my mom | 噢 那真糟糕 我去老人院看我妈时 |
[18:53] | when I visited her at the care center. | 她也是如此 |
[18:55] | Is there some reason for…? | 讨论这个干嘛 |
[18:57] | I believe Lockhart/Gardner was aware of | 我相信洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[19:00] | Mr. Stern’s condition, and took advantage of a disabled man | 已知晓斯特恩先生的身体状况并加以利用 |
[19:03] | who didn’t know what he was signing. | 他并不知道自己签了什么 |
[19:04] | This is ridiculous. | 简直荒谬 |
[19:05] | I had no idea whatsoever, Your Honor. | 我毫不知情 法官大人 |
[19:08] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克太太呢 |
[19:10] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克太太 |
[19:12] | Were you aware of Mr. Stern’s diminished condition? | 你知道斯特恩先生的不良身体状况吗 |
[19:17] | Your Honor, I… | 法官大人 我 |
[19:19] | I regret I can’t answer that question, | 很抱歉根据律师与当事人之间的保密协议 |
[19:22] | due to the bond of attorney-client privilege. | 我不能回答这个问题 |
[19:24] | Ah. Well, then, you leave me no choice | 那么 除了领悟言外之意 |
[19:28] | but to read between the lines here. | 我别无选择了 |
[19:30] | Uh, Mr. Stern’s evidentiary agreement no longer holds sway, | 斯特恩先生的证据协议不再有效 |
[19:34] | and Mr. Canning’s objection to the videotape is sustained. | 坎宁先生关于录像的反对有效 |
[19:38] | So what, we’re keeping secrets here? | 怎样 我们之间也要保密吗 |
[19:41] | No, we’re keeping privilege. | 不 我们要遵守保密协议 |
[19:43] | Okay, so hypothetically then. | 好 那么假设来说 |
[19:46] | You’re an associate, | 你是一个律师 |
[19:48] | and a partner at your firm asks you to represent him. | 你所里的合伙人要你代理他 |
[19:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:50] | And during the course of that representation, | 在代理的过程中 |
[19:52] | you learn certain things about that partner, | 你得知了这个合伙人的某些事情 |
[19:53] | and he instructs you not to inform anyone. | 他要求你不能告诉任何人 |
[19:56] | Including the other partners, yes. | 包括其他合伙人 是的 |
[19:57] | Hypothetically in that situation, | 假设来说 在此情况下 |
[19:58] | I would be bound by that, even after his death. | 我就得受其约束 甚至他死后 |
[20:01] | Great. Stern’s dead, and he’s still screwing us. | 很好 斯特恩死了都还要搞得我们一团糟 |
[20:04] | Here comes the monster! | 怪兽来啦 |
[20:06] | Oh, I’m gonna get you. | 我会来抓你的 |
[20:09] | Hey, thanks for dropping by. | 谢谢顺路过来 |
[20:11] | No problem, Wiley. | 没关系 怀利 |
[20:12] | What are you investigating now? | 你现在在调查什么 |
[20:13] | Uh, Childs has me on a. Huh. | 查尔兹要我查个 呃 |
[20:16] | Where did I put that? | 我放哪儿去了 |
[20:17] | What’s your wife working on? | 你妻子做的这是什么 |
[20:18] | Uh, a spaceship. | 一艘太空飞船 |
[20:21] | For Richard Branson. Virgin Galactic. | 维珍太空的理查德·布兰森 |
[20:24] | She’s designing one of his rockets. | 她为他设计一艘火箭 |
[20:26] | Okay, why did she marry you anyway? | 她到底为什么嫁给你 |
[20:28] | Because of my sense of humor. | 因为我的幽默感 |
[20:30] | Hey, I want clothes on, teeth brushed in five minutes! | 五分钟之内穿好衣服刷完牙 |
[20:34] | So Childs has me on this last interview Blake gave. | 查尔兹要我调查给布莱克最后做的这次谈话 |
[20:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:38] | I mean, the investigation into Kalinda Sharma. | 有关凯琳达·夏尔马的调查 |
[20:40] | He gave one last interview about her. | 布雷克和他又谈了一次 |
[20:42] | – To who? – Matan. | -谁做的 -马坦 |
[20:43] | I was supposed to collate all these interview notes of this. | 我本该整理好这次谈话的全部笔录 |
[20:46] | And this is what Matan sent to me. | 这是马坦给我的 |
[20:48] | It’s, uh… it’s supposed to be five pages. | 这个本该有五页 |
[20:51] | Two are missing. | 有两页不见了 |
[20:52] | Okay. Happens all the time. | 时有发生 |
[20:54] | He tell you anything about the missing pages? | 他跟你说过缺失的笔录吗 |
[20:57] | Did Matan? No. Why? | 马坦吗 没有 怎么了 |
[20:59] | He said he did. | 他说他说过 |
[21:01] | Trying to catch me in a lie, good buddy? | 你是在对我测谎吗 兄弟 |
[21:03] | Are you still protecting your friend Kalinda, good buddy? | 你还是要护着你的朋友凯琳达吗 兄弟 |
[21:05] | It was my understanding the investigation was over. | 据我所知那个调查已经结束了 |
[21:08] | The investigation’s never over. | 调查永远不会结束 |
[21:14] | Mr. Childs, it’s Andrew Wiley. | 查尔兹先生 我是安德鲁·怀利 |
[21:16] | Yeah, hold on. Let me put you on speaker. | 是的 别挂 我开免提 |
[21:18] | Okay, uh, Mr. Childs, you’re on. | 查尔兹先生 请讲 |
[21:20] | I’m here with Cary. | 凯里也在这儿 |
[21:22] | Look, Cary, the department is divided, | 凯里 办公室里现在内部分化 |
[21:25] | so I need you two to find out | 所以我需要你们俩查明 |
[21:27] | what’s going on with these missing notes. | 那些缺失笔录是怎么回事 |
[21:29] | I think Matan is playing politics here, | 我觉得马坦在玩政治把戏 |
[21:31] | trying to pad his resume for whoever takes over. | 想看谁会接任好见风使舵 |
[21:33] | You want us to interview Matan? | 要我们跟马坦当面谈吗 |
[21:35] | No, he’ll say it’s just a mistake. | 不 他会说这只是个失误 |
[21:38] | I want you to find out what’s in those missing notes. | 我要你找出缺失笔录的内容 |
[21:43] | Cary? | 凯里 |
[21:44] | Uh, yeah? | 我在呢 |
[21:45] | Why did Matan say he talked to you about these missing pages? | 为什么马坦说他和你说过这些丢失文件的内容 |
[21:50] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[21:52] | Okay, find me these two pages so we can wrap this up. | 好吧 给我找出这两页丢失的文件好结案 |
[22:03] | – Hello. – Oh, hi. | -你好 -你好啊 |
[22:05] | Did you see Will? | 你见过威尔了吗 |
[22:06] | No. | 没有 |
[22:07] | Oh… do you want to? | 你想见吗 |
[22:08] | No, I… My sister is staying with me. | 不用了 我姐姐住在我家 |
[22:12] | I just needed to get out of the house. | 我只是想出来透透风 |
[22:14] | My sister used to date Will. | 我姐姐与威尔谈过恋爱 |
[22:16] | Yes, I know. | 这我知道 |
[22:17] | She was talking about Will breaking up with her, | 她一直和我说威尔伤透了她的心 |
[22:20] | and the reason he broke up with her, | 和他分手的原因 |
[22:21] | and… the-the person | 是因为一个人 |
[22:24] | he broke up with her for, it’s you, isn’t it? | 是因为你而分手的 对吧 |
[22:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:31] | Oh! | 果然如此 |
[22:34] | I’m married. | 我是有夫之妇 |
[22:36] | I’ve moved on; Will has moved on. | 我都已经放下了 威尔也是 |
[22:38] | We were kids. | 我们当时太年轻 |
[22:40] | We’re not kids anymore. | 可现在不是了 |
[22:41] | I don’t know; Will still is. | 这我倒不同意 威尔还是 |
[22:43] | No. | 不是 |
[22:45] | He isn’t. | 他才不是 |
[22:46] | He thinks he is. | 他只是以为他还是而已 |
[22:51] | Sorry, I’m late. | 抱歉 我要迟到了 |
[22:53] | I got it from Haver Associates. | 我从哈沃公司那里搞来的 |
[22:55] | – The H.R. Consultants. – Yep. | -人力资源顾问公司 -没错 |
[22:57] | “In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources…” | 除了重组20%的人力资源之外 |
[23:00] | Meaning firing two out of every ten employees. | 意思每十个人中解雇两人 |
[23:02] | …they said that Palmieri could recognize “Significant savings | 他们说 如果恰当数量的的员工 |
[23:05] | “If a meaningful percentage of labor | 能主动请辞 |
[23:07] | could be induced to resign, | 而非被辞退 |
[23:09] | rather than being terminated.” | 帕梅里能极大地节省开支 |
[23:10] | Meaning make people so miserable they’ll quit, | 就是让人们感到不快 他们会主动请辞 |
[23:13] | and you’ll save a bundle in severance. | 这样能省下一大笔解雇金 |
[23:15] | They did it intentionally. | 他们故意这么做的 |
[23:16] | That’s the smoking gun. | 这可是确凿的证据 |
[23:17] | They deliberately created a hostile work environment | 他们故意制造一个充满敌意的工作环境 |
[23:20] | to get people to quit. | 好让人们主动请辞 |
[23:21] | Well, with this, we can get the hanging video back in. | 要是这样 我们就能让录像重新呈堂 |
[23:23] | We can show that their conduct | 我们能让证明领导的行为 |
[23:25] | was designed to make him depressed. | 是有意让他消沉的 |
[23:27] | We can do more than that. | 不止能这样 |
[23:29] | It’s an intentional tort. | 这可是故意的民事侵权行为 |
[23:31] | That opens ’em up to punitive damages. | 这就可以向他们索取惩罚性的损失赔偿 |
[23:32] | They made three people kill themselves. | 他们导致了三个人自杀身亡 |
[23:34] | So… we’ll make them pay for it. | 我们一定要让他们为此付出代价 |
[23:44] | Is there anybody here | 在座有人认为 |
[23:46] | who thinks Marty is good at his job? | 马蒂能胜任他的工作吗 |
[23:49] | Huh? Anybody? | 有人吗 |
[23:51] | Aw, come on, there must be somebody. | 别不敢说 肯定有人这么认为 |
[23:52] | Madelyn? | 麦德林 |
[23:57] | That’s quite a performance, Ms. Palmieri. | 演的可真好啊 帕梅里女士 |
[23:59] | I admit, I can be passionate. | 我承认 我有点太过头了 |
[24:01] | But as CEO, I’m responsible. | 可作为一名行政总裁 这是我应做的 |
[24:03] | Do you recognize this document? | 你认得出这文件吗 |
[24:04] | Uh, yes, it’s part of a consulting report we commissioned. | 是的 这是我们委托的一份咨询报告 |
[24:08] | Can you read… | 你能帮我们读下 |
[24:09] | that paragraph for us, Ms. Palmieri? | 这一段吗 帕梅里女士 |
[24:13] | “In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources, | 除了重组20%的人力资源外 |
[24:16] | “Significant savings could be realized | 如果恰当数量的的员工能主动请辞 |
[24:18] | “If a meaniful percentr could be induced to resign, | 而非被辞退的话 |
[24:20] | rather than being terminated.” | 可以节省巨大开支 |
[24:21] | If you got people to quit instead of firing them, | 要是你能让人们主动请辞而不是解雇他们 |
[24:24] | you’d save money. | 你将省下一大笔开销 |
[24:25] | No severance package, no benefits– is that it? | 没有解雇补偿费 没有补贴 是吗 |
[24:28] | It was one strategy that was suggested by the outside consultancy | 这只是一个咨询公司提供的一个策略 |
[24:31] | we didn’t follow it. | 可我们并没有执行 |
[24:32] | Did you know that six hours after your… motivational meeting, | 那你知道在你召开动员大会之后6小时 |
[24:36] | Martin Joyce committed suicide? | 马丁·乔伊斯就自杀了吗 |
[24:39] | I did know that. | 我知道 |
[24:42] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[24:45] | Ms. Palmieri, | 帕梅里女士 |
[24:47] | your management style, it’s a bit, uh… | 你的管理风格有点… |
[24:49] | “Confrontational,” I think is what you said. | 用你的话说就是 太激进了 |
[24:52] | It can be, yes. | 没错 就是这样 |
[24:53] | – And in your experience, is that is that unusual? – No. | -以你经验看来 这正常吗 -很正常 |
[24:55] | Times are tough. | 最近日子很不好过 |
[24:57] | Employers face severe financial restrictions. | 我们面临严重的金融危机 |
[25:00] | So there’s reason for your being confrontational? | 所以你之所以如此激进是有原因的? |
[25:02] | Yes. If we don’t squeeze every drop | 是的 如果我们不用尽 |
[25:04] | of productivity from our employees, | 我们每个员工的才能 |
[25:06] | we’ll be forced to ship their jobs overseas, | 我们将被迫将他们的工作外包给 |
[25:09] | where labor costs are considerably cheaper. | 那些劳务费更低的地方 |
[25:11] | So you were trying to keep jobs in America. | 这么说 你是试图把工作机会留给美国人 |
[25:14] | Yes, I was. | 是的 没错 |
[25:19] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[25:21] | You’re being investigated. | 你被调查了 |
[25:23] | By? | 被谁 |
[25:25] | Andrew Wiley. | 安德鲁·怀利 |
[25:30] | He noticed two pages of notes | 他发现你与布莱克谈话的 |
[25:32] | were missing from your interview with Blake. | 报告缺了两页 |
[25:33] | Childs thinks you’re hiding something criminal, | 查尔兹认为你在为凯琳达隐瞒 |
[25:35] | something Blake told you about Kalinda. | 某些布莱克告诉你的犯罪事实 |
[25:39] | It’s not criminal. | 不是犯罪事实 |
[25:41] | It’s personal. | 是个人隐私 |
[25:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:44] | Personal to-to who, to Kalinda? | 谁的个人隐私 凯琳达? |
[25:47] | Since when do you care about protecting Kalinda? | 你什么时候开始护着凯琳达了 |
[25:52] | What does Kalinda have to do with this office? | 凯琳达和整个部门有什么关系 |
[25:54] | Not the current inhabitant of this office. | 可不是现在的这些班底 |
[25:59] | Kalinda and Peter Florrick? | 凯琳达和彼得·福瑞克? |
[26:00] | It’s got nothing to do with Childs. | 和查尔兹没有关系 |
[26:02] | But if he gets ahold of it, it’s scorched earth. | 要是他抓住了这个把柄 肯定会作最后一搏的 |
[26:05] | They had an affair? | 他们有奸情? |
[26:07] | A one-nighter. | 一夜情 |
[26:09] | Back when Kalinda worked here. | 那还是在凯琳达在这工作之时 |
[26:11] | Blake had details, verifiable ones. | 布莱克有详细资料 确凿的证据 |
[26:13] | Florrick will do anything to cover it up. | 福瑞克会尽一切努力掩盖它 |
[26:15] | He promised to keep me in this job. | 他答应我会保住我的饭碗 |
[26:17] | I need to tell Wiley it’s not criminal, | 我需要告诉怀利 这不是犯罪事实 |
[26:19] | but the problem is, is that he may go to Childs with it anyway. | 可问题是 他会不告诉查尔兹吗 |
[26:23] | So what do you suggest we do? | 那你认为我们该怎么做 |
[26:25] | Mrs. Florrick? Excuse me. Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 麻烦让一下 福瑞克夫人 |
[26:28] | This is kind of awkward– | 这说起来有点尴尬 |
[26:30] | my, uh, my driver went home sick, | 可我的司机卧病在家 |
[26:31] | and I was wondering if I could trouble… | 是否能麻烦您 |
[26:40] | See, this is what I love about Chicago. | 我就喜欢芝加哥这一点 |
[26:42] | It’s a real community. | 社区非常和谐 |
[26:44] | People helping each other out. | 人们互帮互助 |
[26:46] | Your driver isn’t really sick, is he, Mr. Canning? | 你的司机没生病吧 坎宁先生 |
[26:49] | Mrs. Florrick, there’s got to be a word for people | 福瑞克夫人 有个词专门用来形容 |
[26:51] | who are always finding hidden motives in things. | 这种总是试着挖掘阴暗动机的人 |
[26:53] | Right? | 正确? |
[26:57] | I want you to come and work for me. | 我希望你能来为我工作 |
[27:00] | My new law firm. | 我的新律所 |
[27:02] | Fast-track to full partnership, | 你很快就能成为正式合伙人 |
[27:04] | percentage of plaintiffs’ contingency fees. | 从原告的风险代理费中获得一定比例的分红 |
[27:07] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要邀请我 |
[27:08] | Because you beat me in court last time. | 因为你上次在法庭上击败了我 |
[27:09] | No. Will and Diane beat you. | 不是我 是威尔和戴安击败了你 |
[27:11] | Well, you’re cheaper. | 你的要价低一些 |
[27:14] | Probably doesn’t hurt that my husband’s going to be Stats Attorney. | 我的丈夫就要成为州检察官了 这就更好了吧 |
[27:17] | No, you’re right, that doesn’t hurt. | 没错 的确更好了 |
[27:24] | I don’t think we’re a good fit, Mr. Canning. | 我觉得我们合不来 坎宁先生 |
[27:27] | But thank you. | 不过还是谢谢 |
[27:28] | Do you know the sign of an immature person? | 你知道不成熟的人有个什么特点吗 |
[27:30] | When they can’t distinguish | 他们没法 |
[27:32] | between morality at home and morality at work. | 把工作道德和家庭道德区分开 |
[27:35] | Oh, is that… is that me, now? | 你说的是我吗 |
[27:37] | I do what I need to do at work to win. | 我在工作上不择手段只求胜利 |
[27:39] | I go home, I cuddle with my wife, | 回家后 我会和妻子拥抱 |
[27:41] | I cuddle with my kids, | 和孩子拥抱 |
[27:42] | and I tell them pretty storiesabout heroism and Heaven. | 给他们讲英雄和天堂的美妙故事 |
[27:45] | – And what do I do? – You go home and feel bad about it. | -而我呢 -你带着一肚子负罪感回家 |
[27:49] | Oh, this is me. | 我到家了 |
[27:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:56] | It’s a good job offer. | 工作的待遇很优厚 |
[27:58] | Twice what you’re making now. | 报酬是你现在工作的两倍 |
[28:01] | Think about it. | 考虑下 |
[28:12] | You look deep in thought. | 你在沉思啊 |
[28:14] | I was. | 刚才在 |
[28:15] | You must be very happy. | 你一定很高兴 |
[28:17] | Yes. Except for the DCC trying to kill us ’cause they’re a bunch of idiots. | 是的 只是民主党委员会的白痴快把我们弄死了 |
[28:21] | – The residency suit; I saw. – Yes, well, | -居民身份诉讼 我听说了 -是啊 |
[28:22] | in the waning days of a campaign the mudslinging can get… | 到了竞选的末期 揭短行为愈发… |
[28:27] | pretty ugly. | 下作 |
[28:31] | Sounds like you’re preparing me for something. | 似乎你是在让我做好心理准备 |
[28:34] | Petra Moritz, the reporter, | 那个记者 佩拉·莫里兹 |
[28:37] | has a rumor. | 收到一条谣言 |
[28:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:40] | It’s completely bogus, | 完全是捏造的 |
[28:41] | but she wants a quote from you. | 但她希望你能评论一下 |
[28:44] | And the rumor? | 谣言说的什么 |
[28:48] | There was another woman in Peter’s past. | 彼得过去还和另一个女人上过床 |
[28:51] | I wouldn’t drag you into this, | 我本不想拖你下水 |
[28:52] | but unless I can get you on the phone with her, | 但是除非我允许她电话采访你 |
[28:54] | she’s gonna run with it. | 她就要发表这消息了 |
[28:56] | And I know I promised never to ask you, but… | 我知道我曾答应绝不来麻烦你 可是… |
[28:59] | Peter’s so close. | 彼得离胜利只有一步之遥 |
[29:02] | And this kind of rumor, it could ruin us. | 这种谣言会毁了我们的 |
[29:10] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[29:11] | I need to know soon. | 尽快给我回音 |
[29:12] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[29:34] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官大人 |
[29:38] | Mrs. Joyce… | 乔伊斯夫人 |
[29:40] | first of all, let me just say how sorry I am for your loss. | 首先 对您丈夫的去世我感到非常遗憾 |
[29:45] | I mean, my wife means everything to me. | 我的妻子就是我的一切 |
[29:48] | And I… I can’t imagine how you feel. | 我无法想象你的感受 |
[29:51] | Unfortunately, this is a trial, so I have to ask you | 遗憾的是 这是一场审判 因此我不得不… |
[29:55] | some… tough questions. | 问你一些尖锐的问题 |
[29:57] | Ask away. | 问吧 |
[29:58] | Were you and your husband having marital difficulties? | 你和丈夫之间是否存在婚姻危机 |
[30:03] | We’d had some issues, on and off, | 我们的婚姻断断续续地有过问题 |
[30:06] | but we were working through them. | 不过他生前我们正努力解决 |
[30:07] | In fact, you had an affair, is that right? | 实际上 你出轨了 是吗 |
[30:09] | No. I was unfaithful to my husband once, | 不对 我曾有一次对丈夫不忠 |
[30:13] | on a business trip. | 是在出差途中 |
[30:15] | It was hardly an affair. | 算不上出轨 |
[30:16] | But your husband, he knew? | 你的丈夫知道了 对吗 |
[30:17] | Your Honor, i think we’ve ascertained the facts here. | 法官大人 我想这些事实我们都已经弄清了 |
[30:19] | I’m inclined to agree. Mr. Canning. | 我同意 坎宁先生 |
[30:21] | Of course, Your Honor, | 好的 法官大人 |
[30:22] | I’m just trying to establish | 我只是试着证明 |
[30:23] | that there could’ve been alternative causes | 马丁·乔伊斯的自杀 |
[30:24] | for Martin Joyce’s suicide. | 可能有多种原因 |
[30:26] | My husband was depressed | 我丈夫在公司受到了不良待遇 |
[30:27] | because of how they treated him at his job. | 因此感到抑郁才自杀的 |
[30:29] | But he was depressed. | 他本来就抑郁 |
[30:31] | Did he seek treatment? | 他有寻求治疗吗 |
[30:32] | Yes. He saw our doctor and a therapist. | 是的 他去看了我们的医生和一个心理专家 |
[30:35] | And did those doctors prescribe any medications? | 这些医生给他开了什么药吗 |
[30:37] | He prescribed a number of drugs. | 医生给他开了很多药 |
[30:39] | Escitalopram, uh, Bupropion. | 依他普仑 安非他酮 |
[30:42] | None of them seemed to help. | 似乎都没作用 |
[30:43] | What about Elvatyl? | 他有服用艾哇泰吗 |
[30:45] | Did he prescribe a drug called Elvatyl? | 医生有没有给他开艾哇泰 |
[30:47] | Yes. | 有 |
[30:48] | Mrs. Joyce, are you aware of the side effects of Elvatyl? | 乔伊斯夫人 您了解艾哇泰的副作用吗 |
[30:51] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[30:52] | Okay, deep breath. | 好的 深吸一口气平静下 |
[30:55] | This is a complete conflict of interest, Your Honor. | 这是严重的利害冲突 法官大人 |
[30:55] | 如某律师的多个当事人之间存在着利害冲突 他不可继续代表任何这些当事人 | |
[30:58] | Mr. Canning defended the makers of Elvatyl | 就在去年 坎宁先生代表艾哇泰的制造者 |
[31:00] | just last year in a lawsuit against us. | 和我们对簿公堂 |
[31:02] | And now he intends to pin Mr. Joyce’s suicide | 而现在他想把乔伊斯先生的死 |
[31:04] | on the side effects of his former client’s product? | 归咎于他之前客户产品的副作用? |
[31:06] | Actually, that company no longer exists, Your Honor. | 法官大人 这家公司实际上已经不存在了 |
[31:08] | The rights to the name Elvatyl were sold to a new company, | 艾哇泰这个商标已经卖给了一家新公司 |
[31:11] | and I owe them no duty. | 我对他们并不负有责任 |
[31:13] | And what evidence do you intend to present? Uh… | 你想提交什么证据 |
[31:15] | It’s a video showing how | 是一段视频 |
[31:16] | Elvatyl results in violent and suicidal behavior. | 能证明艾哇泰会导致暴力和自杀行为 |
[31:19] | Now, as you’ll see… | 如您所见 |
[31:22] | Your Honor, last year we | 法官大人 就在去年 |
[31:24] | had exactly the same… We had this very… | 我们用的就是这段视频 |
[31:25] | Okay, okay, one at a time. | 好 好 一个一个说 |
[31:29] | This is our exhibit, Your Honor. | 这是我们的证物 法官大人 |
[31:31] | We used it last year | 去年我们控告坎宁先生的当事人时 |
[31:33] | in a lawsuit against Mr. Canning’s client. | 用的正是这段视频 |
[31:34] | That’s why they should have no objection to me using it | 正是如此 他们对我使用这段视频不该有异议 |
[31:36] | for the same purpose, | 我要证明的是同一点 |
[31:37] | to show that Elvatyl causes suicidal thoughts. | 就是艾哇泰会导致自杀的想法 |
[31:39] | This is outrageous, Your Honor. | 这太过分了 法官大人 |
[31:40] | My goodness. | 天啊 |
[31:42] | They’re really going at it, aren’t they? | 它们还真是狂暴 不是吗 |
[31:56] | Look, I got another hour here. | 我又有工作要做了 |
[31:58] | I just want to talk, that’s all. | 我只是想谈谈 |
[32:00] | So give me a call when you get this. | 收到这段信息的话请给打我电话 |
[32:02] | We still have the other two employees who committed suicide | 我们还有两个自杀的员工 |
[32:05] | who weren’t taking Elvatyl. | 他们没有服用艾哇泰 |
[32:11] | It’s odd about Stern, isn’t it? | 斯特恩的事真够离奇 不是吗 |
[32:13] | It was so sudden. | 太突然了 |
[32:15] | Yeah. I saw him the day before. | 是啊 就前一天我还看见他来着 |
[32:18] | He seemed normal. | 他看起来很正常 |
[32:23] | Tammy? | 塔米吗 |
[32:26] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:29] | She talked to me the other day. | 那天才和她聊过 |
[32:31] | Here. | 就在这里 |
[32:32] | Her sister told her I was the reason you broke up with her. | 她姐姐跟她说你和她分手是为了我 |
[32:36] | I told Tammy | 我告诉塔米 |
[32:37] | there was nothing anymore. | 我们之间已经没有什么了 |
[32:40] | Whatever was between us back then. | 不管以前有什么纠葛 |
[32:44] | Thank you. It’s complicated. | 谢谢你 这很复杂 |
[32:47] | I know. | 我懂 |
[32:49] | Everything is. | 所有事都一样 |
[32:52] | Okay, who’s Karen? | 凯伦是谁 |
[32:54] | Karen who? | 哪个凯伦 |
[32:56] | Is there anybody here | 这里有人 |
[32:58] | who thinks Marty is good at his job? | 认为马蒂工作干的很棒吗 |
[33:01] | Huh? Anybody? | 有吗 |
[33:03] | Oh, come on, there must be somebody. Madelyn? | 拜托 总有人支持他吧 麦德林 |
[33:06] | Phil? What about you, Karen? | 菲尔 你呢 凯伦 |
[33:08] | The other names joined our class action. | 提到的另外两人都参与了集体诉讼 |
[33:10] | Who’s Karen? | 凯伦是谁 |
[33:11] | Karen Jennings. | 凯伦·詹宁斯 |
[33:13] | She worked in the benefits department, | 她是公司福利部的 |
[33:14] | and she was a friend of Martin Joyce’s. | 也是马丁·乔伊斯的朋友 |
[33:17] | She didn’t want to join the class. | 她不愿加入集体诉讼 |
[33:18] | Why not? | 为何不呢 |
[33:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:32] | Five minutes. | 就五分钟 |
[33:33] | The key with Petra is to keep cool. | 对付佩拉得保持冷静才行 |
[33:35] | She’ll try to get a rise out of you. | 她会想方设法让你情绪激动 |
[33:40] | Petra. | 佩拉 |
[33:41] | Yes, Ms. Moritz, it’s Alicia Florrick. | 莫里兹女士 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[33:44] | Ah, right on time. I appreciate that. | 很准时 非常感谢 |
[33:46] | I’m here, too, Petra. | 我也听着呢 佩拉 |
[33:47] | You have five minutes. | 你有五分钟时间 |
[33:48] | Oh, Eli. Like a guardian angel. | 伊莱 你可真是个守护神 |
[33:50] | I better get started, then. | 那赶紧进入正题吧 |
[33:52] | So, Mrs. Florrick, your husband cheated on you | 福瑞克夫人 你丈夫此前背叛过你 |
[33:55] | with a prostitute named Amber Madison. | 与一名名叫安贝儿·麦迪逊的妓女私通 |
[33:57] | Are you aware of any other infidelities? | 除此之外还有其他私通事件吗 |
[34:00] | No. | 没 |
[34:00] | Specifically someone from his past. | 尤其是与他过去相交的人 |
[34:02] | Maybe someone that he worked with, | 有没有某个工作同僚 |
[34:04] | or someone you both knew socially? | 或者你们在社交场合共同认识的人 |
[34:06] | No. | 没有 |
[34:06] | Because you’re aware that a source has approached me | 请你明白我现已得到一个 |
[34:08] | with what are claimed to be substantiated | 确切的消息表明 |
[34:10] | allegations of sexual conduct? | 还有其他类似事件的存在 |
[34:11] | Mr. Gold informed me of this. | 这点戈德先生已经告诉我了 |
[34:13] | I think the closer we get to an election, | 我认为越是大选将近的时候 |
[34:15] | the more the rumor-mongering turns less into a sport | 造谣这种事就越发偏离本性 |
[34:18] | and more into a strategy. | 而成为一种策略 |
[34:19] | Uh… tell me what you mean by that. | 请解释下你这句话的意思 |
[34:22] | Voters are often moved by last-minute rumors | 临近选期的谣言总能让选民在最后一刻改选 |
[34:25] | because there is no adequate time to refute them, | 因为没有足够的时间来证实谣言的真实性 |
[34:27] | and so that’s why they become part of a strategy | 正因如此 这种攻击对手的手段 |
[34:31] | to hurt your opponent. | 已成为竞选策略的一部分 |
[34:34] | So, you believe that Wendy Scott-Carr | 也就是说你觉得幕后黑手是 |
[34:36] | is behind these rumors? | 温迪·斯科特-卡尔咯 |
[34:39] | No. | 不 |
[34:40] | I think there are people who want to hurt both candidates. | 我认为有人想同时攻击两个候选人 |
[34:44] | So, your husband has sworn to you | 那么 你丈夫对你发誓 |
[34:47] | that there was only the prostitute? | 只有那个妓女是吗 |
[34:51] | I won’t discuss personal conversations. | 我不想谈论私人对话 |
[34:54] | That sounds like you’re saying no. | 貌似你的答案是否定的 |
[34:55] | No, that’s saying that what my husband and I discuss | 不 我的意思是我与我丈夫的对话 |
[34:59] | is not your business. | 与你无关 |
[35:00] | Because there’s a private sphere and a public sphere? | 是说这种东西分私人的和公开性的吗 |
[35:02] | – Yes. – And | -对 -那么 |
[35:04] | if your husband abused his office by sleeping with a coworker, | 如果你的丈夫亵渎公职 与同事私通 |
[35:08] | and he lied to the people closest to him– | 并就此事对他的亲人撒谎 |
[35:10] | his wife and his children, | 他的妻子 孩子 |
[35:12] | do you think the electorate should trust him? | 这样的话选民还应相信他吗 |
[35:16] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 |
[35:20] | So… | 那么 |
[35:21] | let me ask you one last question. | 我问最后一个问题 |
[35:23] | Did you have an AIDS test? | 你去做过艾滋测试吗 |
[35:25] | How dare you, Petra! Go to hell! | 你好大胆子 佩拉 去死吧 |
[35:32] | So keep my cool, huh? | 保持冷静 对吧 |
[35:35] | Yeah, I-I don’t always follow my own advice. | 我有时也不按自己的规矩来 |
[35:48] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛呢 |
[35:50] | – My job. – You? | -干活呗 -你呢 |
[35:52] | I’m following you. | 我在跟踪你 |
[35:55] | Look… Wiley knows. | 听着 怀利知道了 |
[35:59] | He knows something’s missing from Matan’s interview with Blake, | 他发现马坦对布莱克的询问记录不完整 |
[36:01] | and I know Andrew Wiley. | 我了解安德鲁·怀利 |
[36:02] | He’s not gonna stop until he finds out what it is. | 他不查个水落石出是不会善罢甘休的 |
[36:05] | So, I talked to Matan again. | 所以我又找马坦谈了一次 |
[36:06] | He’s sitting on it. | 他仍然按兵不动 |
[36:09] | As long as Peter wins, he’ll keep quiet. | 只要彼得当选 他会一直保持沉默 |
[36:11] | It’s Wiley you have to worry about. | 怀利才是你需要担心的 |
[36:12] | Why did you just say that? | 你刚说的是什么意思 |
[36:14] | What? | 什么 |
[36:15] | “As long as Peter wins.” | 只要彼得当选 |
[36:22] | You know. | 你知道了 |
[36:24] | Why didn’t you just tell Alicia? | 你干嘛不直接和艾丽西娅坦白 |
[36:26] | If you just would have been upfront with her, | 只要你对她实话实说 老实交代 |
[36:27] | – none of this would matter. – Cary. | -其他的都不重要 -凯里 |
[36:30] | Or is that why you became friends with her in the first place? | 还是说就因为这事你才主动和她当朋友的 |
[36:41] | So, uh, Martin was a friend of yours? | 马丁和你是朋友吧 |
[36:43] | Work friends, you know. | 单位里的朋友 你懂的 |
[36:46] | Were you aware that he was taking anti-depressants? | 你知道他在服用抗抑郁药物吗 |
[36:50] | You know, the defense have suggested | 被告方提出 |
[36:54] | that he might have had a reaction | 他的死亡有可能是 |
[36:56] | to his last medication. | 他最后服用的药物导致的 |
[36:58] | You mean the Elvatyl? | 你是指艾哇泰吗 |
[36:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:01] | I-I don’t see how. He never took it. | 这不可能 他没服过那药 |
[37:04] | He…? How-How do you know? | 他… 你怎么知道的 |
[37:06] | When he told me he was going on it, | 他告诉我他要吃那个药时 |
[37:07] | I gave him articles on the side effects. | 我给他看了一些关于副作用的文章 |
[37:09] | He got scared. | 他被吓坏了 |
[37:10] | Ms. Jennings, we’re gonna need you to testify. | 詹宁斯女士 我们需要你出庭作证 |
[37:12] | I don’t want to get involved. | 我不想趟这摊浑水 |
[37:17] | – Where do you work now? – Where? | -你现在在哪儿工作 -哪里 |
[37:19] | Yeah. Company fired you a year ago, | 公司在一年以前炒了你 |
[37:21] | so did you manage to find a new job? | 后来你找到新工作了吗 |
[37:22] | That’s none of your business. | 这跟你无关 |
[37:24] | I was just wondering | 我只是好奇 |
[37:25] | how you afforded the new Mercedes in your driveway. | 你怎么买得起屋外那辆新奔驰呢 |
[37:32] | They looted the pension fund. | 他们私吞养老基金 |
[37:35] | The executives– 35 million. | 公司管理人员 吞了3千5百万 |
[37:36] | That’s why they were so desperate to shed workers. | 所以他们才那么急切地想摆脱员工 |
[37:38] | It wasn’t to keep jobs from being sent overseas. | 才不是什么要防止工作外包 |
[37:41] | They needed to cut expenses | 他们要裁剪开支 |
[37:42] | so they could use their funds to cover the shortfall. | 好用他们所剩无几的基金去弥补亏空 |
[37:44] | – How do you know this? – Karen Jennings. | -你怎么知道的 -凯伦·詹宁斯 |
[37:46] | She uncovered the fraud | 她在公司福利部门工作的时候 |
[37:47] | when she was working in the benefits department. | 发现了养老金诈骗 |
[37:49] | She went to Kim Palmieri with it. | 她去找金·帕梅里摊牌 |
[37:50] | And Palmieri bought her off? | 然后帕梅里把她收买了? |
[37:52] | It’s criminal fraud. | 这是刑事欺诈 |
[37:54] | Maybe even a RICO case. | 甚至可能涉及到诈骗操纵和贿赂组织 |
[37:56] | Yeah, but it doesn’t help us. | 是 但对我们并非利好消息 |
[37:58] | Once it goes public, | 一旦事件公诸于众 |
[38:00] | sure, the executives will go to jail, but… | 公司管理人员肯定是要蹲监狱 不过… |
[38:02] | The Feds seize the company’s assets. | 联邦调查局会冻结公司资产 |
[38:04] | – Yes. – Oh, that’s perfect. | -是的 -简直棒极了 |
[38:06] | We’re sitting on knowledge of a massive fraud, | 明明获悉了对方涉嫌巨额欺诈 |
[38:08] | and we can’t do anything about it | 我们却依然束手无策 |
[38:10] | because we need the company to stay viable. | 因为我们得让这公司存活下去 |
[38:15] | Maybe we can do something with it. | 或许咱们还是可以有所做为的 |
[38:23] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[38:30] | I… seem to have misplaced my gavel. | 我…不知道把木槌放哪儿了 |
[38:34] | Uh, I hope that doesn’t undercut my authority here. | 希望这没有降低我的威信 |
[38:38] | Court is now in session. | 现在开庭 |
[38:40] | Do you have any more witnesses, Mr. Gardner? | 你还有其他证人吗 加德纳先生 |
[38:43] | Yes, Your Honor. | 有的 法官阁下 |
[38:44] | The Plaintiffs call Karen Jennings to the stand. | 原告要求凯伦·詹宁斯出庭作证 |
[38:49] | Uh, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[38:51] | this witness was not on the Plaintiffs’ witness list. | 原告提供的证人名单上没有这名证人 |
[38:52] | Not by name, Your Honor, but we specifically | 没有具其姓名 法官阁下 但是 |
[38:54] | reserved the right to call any former company employees, | 我们特别保留了传召任何公司前雇员的权利 |
[38:57] | and Your Honor does like to err on the side of admitting evidence. | 相信法官阁下也愿意尽量多地采纳证据 |
[39:00] | Uh, yes, I do. | 是的 我愿意 |
[39:02] | I also like to be unpredictable. | 我也很喜欢出人意料 |
[39:06] | And yet here I find myself the height of predictability. | 但是这会儿我发现自己很容易被看穿 |
[39:10] | Uh, I will allow. | 我批准 |
[39:16] | Your Honor, we’d like to ask for a recess at this time. | 法官阁下 我们申请暂时休庭 |
[39:18] | Oh, I think it can wait until | 我认为你们可以等到 |
[39:19] | it’s your turn for a cross-examine, Mr. Canning. | 你方的交叉盘问阶段再提出申请 坎宁先生 |
[39:21] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下… |
[39:23] | …we’d like to ask for a recess to confer with opposing counsel. | 我们申请暂时休庭 以便与对方律师协商 |
[39:30] | Looks like the rocket ship’s coming along. | 看来火箭飞船进展不小啊 |
[39:32] | Yeah. So, what’s up? | 是啊 你那怎么样了 |
[39:34] | Talked to Matan. | 我跟马坦谈了 |
[39:35] | He stonewalled me, too, but, | 他还是跟我打太极 但是 |
[39:37] | uh, I think I-I know what he’s after. | 我想我知道他在隐瞒什么了 |
[39:38] | I’m just asking you to show a little discretion. | 我提醒你还是谨慎些 |
[39:45] | With? | 关于? |
[39:46] | It’s not what you think. | 事情不是你想的那样 |
[39:47] | It’s-It’s personal. It’s not criminal. | 只是私事 不是刑事 |
[39:50] | But Childs will use it. | 但是对查尔兹很有用 |
[39:54] | Why are you protecting her, Cary? | 你为什么要保护她 凯里 |
[39:56] | I’m-I’m not protecting her. | 我没在保护她啊 |
[39:58] | You went to see her after you talked to Matan. | 你跟马坦谈完话立刻去找她了 |
[40:01] | What, are you following me? | 什么 你跟踪我? |
[40:04] | I’m doing my job. | 我尽职工作而已 |
[40:05] | Just wondering why you’re not doing yours. | 我只是奇怪你为什么没有尽职 |
[40:13] | The company executives were looting the pension fund. | 公司管理人员私吞养老金 |
[40:17] | Well, if that’s true, it’s a problem. | 如果真是这样 那确实很麻烦 |
[40:20] | But it’s also a problem for you. | 但是对你们来说也是麻烦呢 |
[40:22] | You can’t go to the authorities with it, | 你们不能向当局告发此事 |
[40:23] | not unless you want to kiss your settlement good-bye. | 否则你们的和解协议就黄了 |
[40:26] | Oh, we’re talking settlement now? | 我们在讨论和解协议了吗 |
[40:28] | It depends on the number. | 这要看你们的要价 |
[40:29] | Without admitting anything, | 这样说不代表承认任何事 |
[40:31] | it’s gonna be hard for the company to afford much | 不过如果公司没法弥补这所谓的诈骗亏空 |
[40:33] | without running out of money to pay back the alleged fraud. | 那么赔偿金额也不可能有多少 |
[40:35] | Yes. Which is why Kim Palmieri is going to make up the difference, | 是的 所以金·帕梅里才得努力弥补差额 |
[40:38] | Mr. Canning, personally. | 坎宁先生 她得自掏腰包 |
[40:40] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要这样 |
[40:41] | Because Karen Jennings | 因为凯伦·詹宁斯 |
[40:43] | kept a record of every executive who took part in the fraud, | 记录下了参与欺诈的管理人员名单 |
[40:46] | and Kim Palmieri’s name is on that list. | 金·帕梅里也榜上有名 |
[40:48] | So either she ponies up, | 所以 她要么付钱 |
[40:50] | or we’ll see how the U.S. Attorney reacts. | 要么 我们就来看看联邦检察官怎么说 |
[40:52] | My guess is he’ll start by freezing the company assets, | 我猜 他会先冻结公司资产 |
[40:55] | and then he’ll move on to hers. | 然后冻结她个人资产 |
[41:08] | Double the salary. | 双倍工资 |
[41:10] | You deserve it. | 你应得的 |
[41:13] | I’m happy, but thank you. | 我很荣幸 总之谢谢你 |
[41:19] | Hey, get on. We’ll talk about it on the way down. | 上来吧 我们可以在电梯里接着谈 |
[41:21] | No, but again, thank you. | 不了 但还是谢谢你 |
[41:23] | I don’t bite. | 我又不咬人 |
[41:24] | Actually, I think you do. | 说真的 我觉得你会咬的 |
[41:27] | Look, this isn’t about your husband. | 听着 这跟你丈夫无关 |
[41:31] | I think you’re a good lawyer. | 我觉得你是名好律师 |
[41:33] | I also think you’re this close to being a great lawyer, | 我甚至认为你离伟大律师就只差这么一点点 |
[41:36] | and Lockhart& Gardner is not gonna get you there. | 而这家律所帮不了你 |
[41:37] | They encourage weakness. | 他们助长你的缺点 |
[41:39] | And yet, we’ve beaten you again. | 可是 我们又打败了你 |
[41:42] | Do I look beaten? | 我像被打败的样子吗 |
[41:54] | You called? | 你打我电话了? |
[41:56] | You forgot your glasses. | 你眼镜落这儿了 |
[42:01] | I won a case, | 我赢了桩案子 |
[42:03] | and I realized | 但却发现 |
[42:05] | I didn’t have anyone to call. | 我不知道打给谁去分享喜悦 |
[42:08] | Who do you usually call when you win a case? | 一般你赢了案子都打给谁 |
[42:11] | No one. | 没人 |
[42:13] | Okay. Is this… Is this going somewhere? | 好吧 这是…这是在暗示什么吗 |
[42:17] | A lawyer I know died a few days ago, | 前几天 一位我熟识的律师去世了 |
[42:21] | and it was like he was never here. | 他消失得好像从未出现过 |
[42:24] | Everyone just went back to normal. | 人人都一如往常 |
[42:28] | Death. | 死亡 |
[42:30] | I should sit down for death, right? | 我该坐下来听 对吗 |
[42:36] | Don’t go to London. | 别去伦敦了 |
[42:39] | I know it’s selfish of me to say, | 我知道这样说很自私 |
[42:41] | but I don’t want you to go to London. | 但我不想你去伦敦 |
[42:46] | Maybe you should go to London. | 或许你还是该去伦敦 |
[42:48] | Shut up. Shut up. | 别说了 别说了 |
[42:49] | It’s your career. | 那是你的事业 |
[43:00] | So what do we do now? | 那我们现在该怎样 |
[43:06] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |