时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | 28,000 feet, 73-mile-an-hour winds. | 海拔8534米 风速每小时117千米 |
[00:13] | The South Col. | 南隘口 |
[00:16] | 500 climbers all crowding the same route | 在三周的时间里 |
[00:18] | in the one three-week period. | 500名登山者挤在同一条路上 |
[00:19] | It’s a nightmare on Everest. | 这是珠穆朗玛峰的噩梦 |
[00:22] | That’s Hillary Step. | 那是希拉里台阶 |
[00:23] | I shot this just below the summit. | 我在珠峰顶下拍摄的 |
[00:25] | There’s always a bottleneck waiting to use the ropes. | 总有些需要用绳索才能越过的障碍 |
[00:28] | And that’s where Robert Lambros died? | 那是罗伯特·兰博斯丧生的地方吗 |
[00:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:33] | And that’s his body there? | 那里是他的尸体吗 |
[00:36] | Yes. He was a guide. | 是的 他是向导 |
[00:39] | One of the members of his party collapsed | 他队里的一名成员垮掉了 |
[00:41] | and died above Hillary Step, | 并死在了希拉里台阶上 |
[00:43] | and Bobby stayed to help, and then succumbed, too. | 鲍比留下帮忙 也被丧生了 |
[00:47] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:49] | I liked your brother. | 我喜欢你哥哥 |
[00:51] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:52] | Now, regarding his book– | 现在 根据他的书 |
[00:54] | – the defendant’s book– have you read it? – I have. | -被告的书 你看过了吗 -看过 |
[00:56] | In it, he claims that my client, Mr. Oliver Cardiff, | 里面声称我的委托人 奥利佛·卡迪夫先生 |
[00:59] | came upon the dying Robert Lambros, and not only | 向垂死的罗伯特·兰博斯走去 |
[01:02] | stepped over his body to get to the summit, | 不只是无视他的尸体而直接登顶 |
[01:04] | but then took his bottled oxygen. | 还拿走了他的氧气瓶 |
[01:06] | – You’re aware of that accusation? – I am. | -你知道该指控吗 -知道 |
[01:07] | – And do you disagree? – I do. I was | -你不同意吗 -是的 我登珠峰 |
[01:09] | climbing Everest for a documentary, | 是为了纪录片 |
[01:11] | and I saw Mr. Cardiff here | 我看见卡迪夫先生在这里 |
[01:13] | climbing with a British team. | 和英国的队伍一起登山 |
[01:15] | – And this is below the Hillary Steps? – Uh, Step. | -是在希拉里台阶下面吗 -台阶 |
[01:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:19] | So, Mr. Cardiff couldn’t have been near Lambros. | 所以 卡迪夫先生不可能在兰博斯先生附近 |
[01:22] | He was lower on the mountain, heading up | 他在山上较低的位置 向上前进 |
[01:24] | Yes, that would follow. | 是的 |
[01:25] | So, this book is untrue? | 这本书的内容是不真实的? |
[01:27] | Well, I hate to question another climber, | 我讨厌怀疑另一位登山者 |
[01:30] | Danny was at base camp and didn’t see what I saw. | 丹尼在营地 没看见我看到的事 |
[01:33] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[01:34] | Nothing personal, but I have to rip your friend apart. | 不是针对个人 但是我要收拾一下你的朋友 |
[01:38] | Be gentle. | 温柔点 |
[01:40] | Mr. Branch, what is the death zone? | 布兰奇先生 什么是死亡地带 |
[01:43] | The death zone? | 死亡地带? |
[01:45] | In mountaineering parlance, | 用登山术语说 |
[01:47] | it’s the altitude above 26,000 feet | 海拔7900米以上 |
[01:49] | where oxygen is insufficient to sustain life. | 没有足以维持生命的氧气的地方 |
[01:52] | It’s also a place where perceptions are not to be fully trusted? | 在这种地方人的意识是不是不太可靠? |
[01:55] | – Sometimes. – You believe | -有时候是 -你相信 |
[01:57] | that bottled oxygen has hurt the sport of mountain climbing, | 氧气瓶损害了登山的运动精神 |
[02:00] | so you climb with out oxygen? | 所以你登山不用氧气 |
[02:02] | I do. | 是的 |
[02:03] | And an absence of oxygen would increase the likelihood | 而缺氧会使得判断失误的可能性 |
[02:06] | of untrustworthy perceptions? | 进一步增大? |
[02:10] | – Yes. – So, when you say | -是的 -那么 当你说 |
[02:12] | that you saw the plaintiff below the Hillary Step, | 看见原告在希拉里台阶下面时 |
[02:15] | we have to take your word for it, | 我们要相信你说的话 |
[02:17] | and yet your word could be colored | 而你的话可能 |
[02:18] | by your oxygen-deprived perception. | 因缺氧而存在偏差 |
[02:21] | I believe… that follows. | 我承认 的确有可能 |
[02:25] | Your Honor, I’d like to make motion | 法官大人 此刻 我想请求 |
[02:27] | at this time to dismiss this lawsuit. | 驳回诉讼 |
[02:28] | This is a libel suit, not a criminal case. | 这是诽谤诉讼案 不是刑事案件 |
[02:31] | The plaintiff needs not only to prove | 原告不仅要证明我委托人的书有误 |
[02:33] | that my client’s book was wrong, but at he knew it was wrong. | 还得证明他知道书的内容有误 |
[02:36] | – Which we’re doing. – No. | -我们正在证明 -不 |
[02:37] | There is too much inherent uncertainty here. | 这里必然存在太多的不确定性 |
[02:40] | This is a case built on perception, and | 这案子以感觉作基础 |
[02:42] | the death zone makes those perceptions essentially suspect. | 那些感觉在死亡地带里 其本身就是不可靠的 |
[02:51] | Wow. He dismissed. | 哇 法官驳回了 |
[02:53] | I’m… I’m stunned. | 我… 我被震住了 |
[02:56] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[02:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:01] | The thought of him leaving my brother behind and then | 他弃我兄弟于不顾 |
[03:03] | suing me for everything… | 还要把我告上法庭进行赔偿 |
[03:05] | I know. It’s over. | 我知道 结束了 |
[03:08] | Hi, Eli. Where are you? | 伊莱 你在哪里 |
[03:10] | The meeting’s in ten minutes. | 会议十分钟后开 |
[03:11] | And what meeting was that again? | 又是什么会议 |
[03:12] | Okay, don’t tease. I’m not the mood. | 好的 别闹了 我没心情 |
[03:14] | I’m heading back there now. In 30 minutes. | 我马上回去 30分钟到 |
[03:25] | Mickey, there you are. | 米奇 你来了 |
[03:27] | – Any trouble? – No. | -有麻烦 -不 |
[03:28] | Took the elevator to the 31st floor, | 我搭电梯去了31层 |
[03:30] | Walked on down, No nobody saw me. | 然后走了下来 没人看见我 |
[03:32] | You look like crap. | 你看起来很糟 |
[03:34] | Thanks. This way. | 谢谢 这边 |
[03:39] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[03:41] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[03:43] | Do you ever get the feeling we’re losing control here? | 有没有觉得我们正在失去对这里的控制 |
[03:46] | Every day. | 这感觉与日俱增 |
[03:47] | The state’s attorney can hire any law firm he wants | 州检察官可以雇佣任何想要的律所 |
[03:51] | to handle all civil cases against his department. | 来处理那些针对他部门的民事诉讼 |
[03:54] | Glenn Childs had Brimly, Tully & Snider. | 格伦·查尔兹雇的是BTS律所 |
[03:57] | God, I hated them. | 上帝 我讨厌他们 |
[03:59] | Peter Florrick fired them and is looking for new outside counsel. | 彼得·福瑞克炒了他们 正在找新的外聘律师 |
[04:02] | It’s 20$ million a year in new business. | 新业务一年2千万 |
[04:06] | Florrick will never hire us. | 福瑞克不会用咱们的 |
[04:07] | It’s his wife’s firm, | 这是他妻子的律所 |
[04:08] | his campaign manager’s firm. | 他竞选经理的律所 |
[04:10] | Which works against us. | 这对咱们不利 |
[04:11] | He doesn’t want it to look like a sweetheart deal. | 他不想被看成是裙带风作祟 |
[04:13] | We’ve been invited in to pitch. | 他邀请我们去投标了 |
[04:23] | How many firms have been invited? | 邀请了多少公司 |
[04:24] | Eight. | 八家 |
[04:28] | Then you should pitch. | 那你该去投标 |
[04:30] | We should pitch. | 是我们该去投标 |
[04:32] | No. | 不 |
[04:33] | Is there something I should know? | 有什么我该知道的吗 |
[04:34] | About? | 什么 |
[04:37] | I just don’t want to be blindsided. | 我只是不想被人打穿越球 |
[04:39] | Have you noticed you’re turning into me? | 发现你快变成我了吗 |
[04:41] | All the sports metaphors. | 总喜欢用体育术语作比喻 |
[04:43] | A better version of you. | 我可比你强 |
[04:45] | How the hell is it | 我喜欢新车的味道 |
[04:46] | I can love a new car smell but hate a new office one? | 却讨厌新办公室的 你觉得如何 |
[04:49] | The car means fun, | 车有意思啊 |
[04:51] | and an office, work. | 办公室 只是办公 |
[04:53] | – You getting laid, anyways? – Me? | -不说这个 最近在哪儿风流了 -我? |
[04:55] | No. You? | 没有 你呢 |
[04:57] | Not since the summer of ’08. | 从08年夏天开始就没艳福 |
[04:59] | So, you’re the flavor of the month these days | 所以 这些天你是风靡一时的 |
[05:01] | in crisis managers. | 危机处理人 |
[05:03] | What happened with Weiner? | 你怎么没去帮维纳 |
[05:03] | 近日参议员安东尼·维纳在推特上发表自己下体图片 与赌城发牌女郎调情 引起轩然大波 已辞职 | |
[05:04] | Thought you’d be on that one. | 以为你会跟进那个呢 |
[05:05] | Oh, God, the day politicians discovered Twitter… | 天啊 政客们开始用推特简直是…… |
[05:09] | I hear you’re the flavor of the month in strategists. | 听说你在战略谋划方面是风云人物 |
[05:12] | What campaign are you on? | 你要帮哪个竞选 |
[05:20] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[05:21] | But I can’t tell you who this help is for. | 但我不能告诉你帮谁的忙 |
[05:24] | Okay. I’ve been hired by | 好 我被候选人雇佣 |
[05:25] | a candidate who’s setting up an exploratory committee. | 他设立了竞选委员会 |
[05:27] | – For what? – I can’t tell you. | -竞选什么 -不能说 |
[05:30] | But he’s got a problem. | 不过他遇到个问题 |
[05:32] | – A real problem. – Financial or sexual? | -真正的问题 -财还是色 |
[05:34] | – Uh, I can’t tell you. – Oh, come on, Mickey. | -不能说 -得了吧 米奇 |
[05:37] | You want me to crisis manage a crisis you can’t tell me? | 你要我危机处理又不告诉我吗 |
[05:39] | This guy wants options, okay? | 这个人要看看有什么选择 行吗 |
[05:41] | He wants to know this scandal can be handled | 如果参选 他希望丑闻能被处理好 |
[05:43] | if he chooses to run, but he doesn’t want the scandal | 如果选择不参选 |
[05:44] | to get out if he chooses not to run. | 他不想丑闻外泄 |
[05:46] | This is BS. | 狗屁 |
[05:47] | It’s a bake-off without any ingredients. | 又要马儿跑 又要马儿不吃草 |
[05:49] | Buyer’s market, Eli. | 这是买方市场 伊莱 |
[05:51] | If you choose not to play, there are others who will. | 如果你不玩 还有别人愿意玩 |
[05:53] | Now, I’m meeting with three crisis managers. | 现在 我手头有三个危机处理人 |
[05:55] | Whoever has got the best play, that’s who we’re going with. | 谁的表现最好 我们就跟谁合作 |
[05:58] | Alicia, I’d like you to meet a good friend, Mickey Gunn. | 艾丽西娅 认识下我的好友 米奇·甘恩 |
[06:00] | Yeah, I get it. You got Saint Alicia our on your team. | 我懂了 你想靠圣母艾丽西娅压阵 |
[06:02] | I’ll heard from you by Thursday, buddy. | 周四前给我回复 哥们 |
[06:05] | Hi. | 你好 |
[06:11] | That was the big meeting? | 这就是你说的重要会面吗 |
[06:13] | Who’s the investigator here? | 这里的调查员是谁 |
[06:15] | Kalinda Sharma. Why? | 凯琳达·夏尔马 有事吗 |
[06:17] | I need her to investigate a scandal before it happens. | 我需要她在一起丑闻被曝光前 调查清楚 |
[06:20] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:24] | Hi. | 你好 |
[06:28] | – Are you here to see someone? – Yes, you. | -你来这里是来找谁吗 -是的 就是你 |
[06:31] | James Thrush. | 我是詹姆斯·萨什 |
[06:32] | Very please to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[06:33] | And you. | 我也是 |
[06:36] | How may I help you? | 找我有什么事吗 |
[06:37] | Do you know the key distinction | 你知道美国和我国 |
[06:40] | between the libel laws our in your country and mine? | 在诽谤法上的主要区别是什么吗 |
[06:44] | Burden of proof is reversed. | 举证责任互换 |
[06:46] | In America, it is up to the person libeled | 在美国 证明诽谤言论为 |
[06:47] | to prove the accusations against them are either | 蓄意或不负责任制造的虚假事实的责任 |
[06:50] | knowingly or recklessly false. | 在被诽谤人一方 |
[06:51] | In England, it is up to the person libeling– | 在英格兰 则要由诽谤者 |
[06:54] | your writing client, Mr. Lambros– | 即你的当事人 兰博斯先生 |
[06:56] | to prove what he says is true. | 证明他的言论属实 |
[06:59] | This is already adjudicated, Mr. Cardiff. | 此案已经裁定完毕 卡迪夫先生 |
[07:01] | Yes. In the United States. | 是的 在美国 |
[07:02] | Danny didn’t sell any books in England. | 丹尼并没有在英格兰销售他的书 |
[07:04] | Actually, I’m afraid he did. | 事实上 我恐怕他有 |
[07:06] | This, in fact, is one. | 我手上就是一本 |
[07:07] | Purchased not two weeks ago | 两周前买的 |
[07:09] | from your wonderful Internet site, Amazon. | 从你们无比快捷的网站 亚马逊 |
[07:11] | – You can’t… – Actually, I’m afraid I can. | -你不能 -事实上 我恐怕我可以 |
[07:13] | I am a Queen’s Counsel of the Royal Courts of Justice, | 我是皇家法庭的女皇御用律师 |
[07:15] | and this is a writ of new proceedings for libel. | 这是这起新诽谤诉讼的传票 |
[07:22] | You had this ready for the day you lost. | 你在输的那天就准备好了 |
[07:25] | Mr. Cardiff wished to exhaust the American courts first. | 卡迪夫先生希望先走美国的法律途径 |
[07:26] | You’re going after the wrong man– Danny did nothing wrong. | 你们告错人了 丹尼并没做错 |
[07:29] | He accused me of killing his brother. | 他指责我杀了他哥哥 |
[07:31] | He ruined my reputation. | 损害了我的名誉 |
[07:32] | Read the charge. | 具体指控你自己看 |
[07:34] | I am suing him for 20 million pounds. | 我要求他赔偿两千万英镑 |
[07:36] | He’s not rich. He doesn’t have your money. | 他不像你这般有钱 |
[07:39] | Oh, let’s not make this a classist issue, shall we? | 我们都别带上等级偏见的眼镜 好吗 |
[07:41] | I know he’s not rich. | 我知道他并不富有 |
[07:43] | Now he’ll be poor. | 我要让他一无所有 |
[08:02] | Mr. Ash Brannon? | 阿什·布朗南先生 |
[08:04] | So sorry to keep you waiting. | 真抱歉让你等了这么久 |
[08:05] | – I’m Alicia Florrick. – Yes. Hello. Sorry. | -我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 -你好 不好意思 |
[08:09] | Florrick? Right. Two Rs? | 福瑞克 名字里有两个R吗 |
[08:11] | Yes. Right. | 是的 |
[08:12] | – Come with me. – Certainly. | -请这边走 -好的 |
[08:14] | Filial Airrock Filial Airrock. | |
[08:16] | – Excuse me? – An anagram. | -您说什么 -你名字的变形词 |
[08:18] | Sorry. It’s a nervous habit. Sorry. | 不好意思 我一紧张就会这样 |
[08:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:22] | So you are the barrister that Danny hired. | 你就是丹尼雇的巴律师吧 |
[08:22] | 巴律师地位较高 有资格出席高等法院法庭辩护 沙律师地位较低 负责分组案件起诉和辩护等事务性工作 | |
[08:26] | – Is that correct? – Actually, no. The solicitor. | -我说对了吗 -事实上我是名沙律师 |
[08:28] | Not as posh as a barrister, but we try harder. | 不像巴律师那么光鲜 但我们够勤奋 |
[08:31] | Sorry, I’m a bit punchy. | 对不起 我话有点太多了 |
[08:32] | Just, uh, first trip to the States. | 但这是我第一次来美国 |
[08:34] | You know, just off the plane. | 刚下飞机 |
[08:35] | Where are the Olsen twins? | 奥尔森姐妹在哪里 |
[08:37] | Would you like a cup of coffee? Will! | 要不要喝杯咖啡 威尔 |
[08:40] | This is Mr. Timothy Ash Brannon. | 这位是蒂莫西·阿什·布朗南先生 |
[08:42] | Oh, yes, the barrister. Will Gardner. | 是那位巴律师 我是威尔·加德纳 |
[08:43] | Actually, solicitor. No, thank you on the coffee. | 实际上是沙律师 咖啡就不用了 谢谢 |
[08:45] | – Oh, okay. – Warden Grill. | -好的 -Warden Grill |
[08:45] | 与Will Gardner所含字母相同 有虐囚监狱长之意 | |
[08:50] | Anagrams. | 变形词 |
[08:54] | It’s not a deposition. | 这不算一次取证 |
[08:55] | It’s a letter rogatory. | 是执行调查委托书 |
[08:58] | And that’s? | 那是什么意思 |
[08:59] | Well, basically, it’s a, uh… | 基本上 那就是… |
[09:01] | It’s a deposition. | 和证词类似 |
[09:03] | Evidence given before a trial. | 庭审前获得的证据 |
[09:05] | The witnesses are primarily in America, | 绝大多数证人都在美国 |
[09:08] | so His Lordship has agreed to allow it to be videotaped here. | 法官阁下同意在这里进行视频通话 |
[09:10] | Good, then we try to get this kicked before trial. | 很好 我们要尽量在庭审前解决 |
[09:12] | Or we stall it. | 或者我们拖延下去 |
[09:13] | Stall what? | 拖延什么 |
[09:14] | Cardiff doesn’t need the money from this suit. | 卡迪夫并不需要金钱赔偿 |
[09:16] | He wants the publicity. That’s why he’s expediting this. | 他关心的是公众影响 所以才会如此心急 |
[09:18] | So? We can’t just sit back. | 那又如何 我们不能什么都不做 |
[09:20] | We get this kicked, there won’t be any publicity. | 解决这个案子 就没有公众影响的问题了 |
[09:21] | But the burden of proof works against us now. | 但现在举证责任对我们不利 |
[09:23] | We would have to prove that Danny’s book is true. | 我们要证明丹尼的书写的是事实 |
[09:25] | Which we can’t do. | 但我们无法证明 |
[09:28] | We can’t stall. | 我们不能拖延 |
[09:30] | My wife’s house– it’s in Toronto. | 我妻子的房子在多伦多 |
[09:31] | My business, too. | 我的公司也是 |
[09:33] | Canada is a British Commonwealth. | 加拿大是英联邦国家 |
[09:36] | – They froze your assets? – Yes. | -你的资产被冻结了吗 -是的 |
[09:38] | What was your strategy in court? | 你之前在法庭上的策略是什么 |
[09:40] | Show there could be no certainty about the events on Everest. | 说明我们无法确定珠峰上发生的事情 |
[09:43] | Therefore, there could be no libel. | 因此 也就没有诽谤一说 |
[09:44] | Well, that strategy just went out the window. | 这个办法现在行不通了 |
[09:46] | What do we have? | 我们有什么证据 |
[09:47] | To prove Cardiff took Lambros’s oxygen? | 证明卡迪夫拿了兰博斯的氧气瓶吗 |
[09:49] | Well nothing. The goal wasn’t to prove it. | 什么都没有 之前并不需要证明 |
[09:52] | Can we, though? Can we prove it? | 但问题是我们能证明吗 |
[09:54] | What about the satellite call? | 卫星电话如何 |
[09:57] | Robert talked to his wife | 鲁伯特·在临死前 |
[09:58] | from his satellite phone just before he died. | 用卫星电话跟他妻子通过话 |
[10:00] | We never needed the tape. | 我们之前并不需要那段录音 |
[10:01] | I’m on it. | 我这就去找 |
[10:04] | Are you the investigator? | 你是调查员吗 |
[10:07] | I am. | 是的 |
[10:09] | Do you have a minute? | 你现在有空吗 |
[10:10] | Do you want me to have a minute? | 你有什么事情吗 |
[10:12] | So there’s a scandal of some kind, | 就是说 有个潜在的丑闻 |
[10:14] | but you don’t know who or what it is? | 但你不知道是谁 又是何事 |
[10:16] | Yes. Can you find out? | 是的 你能调查出来吗 |
[10:18] | How does this work when I investigate for you? | 我为你做调查 这是个什么情况 |
[10:20] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[10:21] | But you are one of my bosses now? | 但你现在是我的老板之一 |
[10:23] | Yes. I think so. | 是的 我想是如此 |
[10:26] | You probably invoice in some way. | 你最后把账单给我就好 |
[10:29] | I have to pitch to a campaign manager | 这个周四 我去一个竞选经理那里 |
[10:31] | on Thursday on how to manage a scandal, | 参加投标 具体是如何处理丑闻 |
[10:34] | but he’s afraid the scandal will be exposed, | 但对方害怕丑闻会被曝光 |
[10:36] | so he won’t give me any information, | 所以没给我任何信息 |
[10:37] | and I need that information to pitch. | 而我必须有所了解才能去争 |
[10:39] | – Do you want to sit down? – No. | -你需要坐下谈吗 -不用 |
[10:42] | You want the information so he’s forced to hire you, | 你需要这些信息 让他不得不雇你 |
[10:44] | or you’ll expose it? | 不然你就揭他的老底 |
[10:47] | How have I never met you before? | 我怎么以前不认识你呢 |
[10:49] | We move in different circles. | 我们的圈子不同 |
[10:53] | Sorry about that. | 非常抱歉 |
[10:55] | It’s amazing how my life has gone from no calls | 我的生活从门可罗雀 变成现在一天85个电话 |
[10:57] | to a call sheet of 85 a day. | 真是不可思议 |
[10:59] | Yes, it’s quite a change– | 是的 变化很大 |
[11:01] | from prison back to the state’s attorney’s office. | 从监狱回到州检察官办公室 |
[11:03] | How you doing? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[11:04] | I love it. I really love it. | 我很喜欢 非常喜欢这份工作 |
[11:06] | You don’t mind if Cary sits in on this, do you? | 你不介意凯里加入我们的谈话吧 |
[11:08] | No, not at all. | 不 一点也不 |
[11:10] | – Hi, Cary. – Diane. | -你好 凯里 -戴安 |
[11:11] | He gives me insight into all the Lockhart/Gardner matters. | 他向我透露了不少你们事务所的内幕 |
[11:15] | So you guys are the survivors. | 你们在这么不景气的经济中 |
[11:19] | Of the economy. | 存活了下来 |
[11:20] | I looked at the roll of Chicago firms | 我看了下我离任前 |
[11:22] | since I was last in this seat. | 芝加哥的律所名单 |
[11:24] | They’re practically all gone. | 几乎都破产了 |
[11:25] | Well, there’s been some tough times, but we’re fighters. | 日子确实很艰辛 不过我们敢于打拼 |
[11:29] | Well, you’ve beaten us a few times. | 有好几次 连我们都败下阵来 |
[11:30] | No hard feelings? | 没有心怀不满吧 |
[11:33] | Hey, that’s the reason you’re in that seat. | 别忘了 要不是那样的话你也不会坐这了 |
[11:36] | We’re hiring an outside caretaker for our civil cases– | 我们要找民事案件的外部代理 |
[11:39] | lawsuits against County Hospital, the police | 打理对于县医院 警局 |
[11:42] | or SA’s office– | 或检察官办公室的起诉案 |
[11:43] | and we need to decide between three firms. | 需要从三个律所中选一个 |
[11:46] | Really? I thought there were eight. | 是吗 我以为是八个 |
[11:47] | There were. We whittled it down. | 本来是八个 我们筛了一些 |
[11:49] | I’m honored. | 深感荣幸 |
[11:50] | The only problem is, we have some concerns. | 唯一的问题在于 我们有些顾虑 |
[11:52] | If it’s about Alicia and Eli Gold, | 如果是因为艾丽西娅和伊莱·戈德 |
[11:54] | we’ve established a Chinese wall between their work | 我们已经建立了他们工作与州检察官事务的 |
[11:57] | – and SA business. – No, no, no. | -隔绝制度 -不 不是 |
[11:58] | I’m not going to reject a law firm | 我不会因为公众对我们之间关系的看法 |
[11:59] | because it might look bad to the public. | 而放弃你们律所 |
[12:01] | Lemond Bishop. | 是因为莱蒙德·毕夏普 |
[12:03] | The drug dealer. | 那个大毒枭 |
[12:05] | We only handle his legitimate business. | 我们只打理他的合法生意 |
[12:07] | And I’m sure you’ll find that every major law firm | 并且我确信每个主流律所 |
[12:12] | has a few potentially unsavory clients. | 都会有些不那么体面的客户 |
[12:14] | We have to have some assurances that your money isn’t tainted. | 我们得确信你们的钱是清白的 |
[12:19] | – Is that a fair word? – It is. | -这样说合适吗 -够清楚了 |
[12:21] | Diane, look, I’m running a new office, | 戴安 我要用全新的方法做事 |
[12:24] | and I know that every state’s attorney says that– | 我知道每个州检察官都这么说 |
[12:27] | I said it my first term– | 我以前也这么说过 |
[12:29] | but this time, it’s different. | 但这次不一样 我是来真的 |
[12:31] | Now, you’re one of three law firms that I’m considering | 现在 你们是我考虑雇佣为代理的 |
[12:33] | to hire as my attorney. | 三个律所之一 |
[12:34] | I need to know that you’re clean. | 我得知道你们够清白才行 |
[12:37] | So we just need you to voluntarily submit | 所以我们需要你们自愿接受 |
[12:39] | to an audit by the Illinois State Department of Taxation. | 伊利诺伊州税务局的审计 |
[12:43] | And that won’t violate attorney-client privilege. | 那也不会违反律师-当事人保密特权 |
[12:45] | It gives me an independent confirmation | 这样我就能确信 |
[12:48] | that your hands are free of drug money. | 你们的钱与毒品无关 |
[12:51] | You’re asking us to voluntarily submit to an audit? | 你是要我们自愿接受审计吗 |
[12:55] | Yes. If you want the job. | 是的 如果你们想干这活的话 |
[12:58] | Well, uh, that’s significant. | 事关重大 |
[13:01] | I’ll need to talk to my partner. | 我得和我的合伙人谈谈 |
[13:03] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:04] | – Will? – Yes. | -威尔? -是的 |
[13:06] | You two know each other, don’t you? | 你们俩也认识 是吧 |
[13:07] | We do. | 认识 |
[13:09] | Why don’t you bring him in next time, | 下次你何不带他一起来 |
[13:11] | and we’ll all talk about the possibility | 我们大家谈谈 |
[13:13] | of, uh, making this all work? | 一起合作的可能性 |
[13:16] | 86th call. | 第86个电话 |
[13:17] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[13:19] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[13:20] | Hey, Dad. I’m coming over early tomorrow night. | 爸爸 我明天晚上要早点过来 |
[13:23] | 8:00, okay? | 8点钟行吗 |
[13:24] | Okay. | 行 |
[13:25] | – Is everything all right? – Yeah, everything’s fine. | -没什么事吧 -没事 |
[13:27] | I just wanted to come early. | 我就是想早点来 |
[13:29] | Okay, good. Well, I’ll make dinner. | 行 好 我会做好晚饭 |
[13:32] | Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, Zach. | 谢谢你对我投了信任票 扎克 |
[13:36] | I think it might be appropriate to respond, “Good morning.” | 我想回应”早上好”可能比较合适 |
[13:40] | I understand the arguments for “Good evening”, | 我理解你们可能会觉得应该说”晚上好” |
[13:45] | but the court of record is in London, | 但记录上法庭在伦敦 |
[13:47] | not in the United States. | 而不是美国 |
[13:49] | And as you can see, | 你们也可以看到 |
[13:50] | it is morning here. | 现在这里是早上 |
[13:52] | Your Lordship, I will gladly defer. | 法官阁下 我乐于从命 |
[13:54] | Good morning to all. | 大家早上好 |
[13:54] | And good evening to you, Mr. Thrush. | 晚上好 萨什先生 |
[13:57] | Who is the barrister representing the responder? | 谁是代表被告的巴律师 |
[14:01] | A solicitor, Your Lordship. | 应该是沙律师 法官阁下 |
[14:03] | Uh, one Timothy O’Brannon. | 是个叫蒂莫西·奥’布朗南的 |
[14:05] | Brannon, Your Lordship. | 是布朗南 法官阁下 |
[14:07] | No “O”. | 没有O |
[14:08] | Mr. Brannon, | 布朗南先生 |
[14:09] | are there any applications | 在我们开始之前 |
[14:11] | to the court before we commence? | 还有什么申请吗 |
[14:13] | There are, Your Honor. | 有 法官大人 |
[14:14] | Uh, Your Lordship. | 该说”法官阁下” |
[14:15] | Your Lordship. | 法官阁下 |
[14:16] | This is a sham of a lawsuit. | 这是一桩假诉讼 |
[14:18] | It’s libel tourism, pure and simple. | 明显就是一场马拉松式的诽谤诉讼 |
[14:20] | Rich plaintiffs like Roman Polanski, | 像罗曼·波兰斯基和施瓦辛格 |
[14:21] | 波兰斯基 美国名导 曾性侵女童 在美国被判有罪 于是转而出国躲避 | |
[14:23] | Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mr. Cardiff | 和卡迪夫先生这样有钱的原告 |
[14:25] | can’t win their libel suits in American courts, | 在美国的法庭上赢不了官司 |
[14:27] | so they take them to England. | 就跑到英国来起诉 |
[14:29] | Sir, I understand your passion in this matter, | 先生 我理解你对此案的热情 |
[14:32] | but I would ask you to address this court | 但请你对法庭陈词时 |
[14:35] | with a greater degree of restraint. | 保持更多的克制 |
[14:38] | I… | 我 |
[14:40] | Apologies, Your… | 抱歉 法官 |
[14:42] | – Lordship. – Lordship. | -阁下 -阁下 |
[14:43] | That might be an artifact of the Polycom. | 可能是视频会议系统给您造成的错觉 |
[14:46] | I merely wanted to stress that | 我只是想强调一下 |
[14:48] | there were only 18 copies of our client’s books | 我们委托人的书在英国 |
[14:52] | sold in the United Kingdom. | 只售出了18本 |
[14:53] | They were all bought online, | 全都是网上购买 |
[14:55] | and they were all bought by Mr. Cardiff’s staff. | 而且全都是卡迪夫先生的职员购买的 |
[14:58] | As my learned colleague well knows, Your Lordship, | 渊博的对方律师非常清楚 法官阁下 |
[15:00] | where and who purchased these books is irrelevant. | 这些书的购买地点和购买者与本案无关 |
[15:02] | Excuse me. Mr. Cardiff bought the books | 对不起 引起这桩诉讼的 |
[15:05] | that he is now bringing suit to here. | 正是卡迪夫先生买的这些书 |
[15:07] | Mr. Gardner, what are you doing? | 加德纳先生 你这是在干吗 |
[15:13] | – What am I doing? – Your body. | -我在干吗 -你的身体 |
[15:18] | The disposition of your body. | 你身体的朝向 |
[15:21] | You turned your back to the judge. | 你背对着法官了 |
[15:23] | Are you kidding me? | 你是开玩笑吧 |
[15:24] | Ok, maybe you should let me argue… | 能否让我说 |
[15:25] | Apologies, apologies, Your Lordship. | 抱歉 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[15:27] | I am… I am new to your court. | 我 初来乍到 |
[15:30] | We would argue that your parliament | 我们将辩称 贵国议会 |
[15:33] | is in the midst of rewriting these libel laws | 正在考虑重修诽谤法 |
[15:36] | to prevent exactly this type of libel tourism. | 正是为了禁止此类马拉松式诽谤诉讼 |
[15:39] | Your Lordship, parliament was indeed considering | 法官阁下 议会确实在考虑 |
[15:41] | revising these very laws until Mr. Rupert Murdoch | 修订这些法律 直到发生了默多克旗下 |
[15:44] | and his recent News of the World contretemps. | 世界新闻报丑闻事件 |
[15:47] | I would argue that only 23 copies | 我将辩称《资助邪恶》 |
[15:48] | of Funding Evil were purchased through the Internet, | 只在网上售出了23本 |
[15:51] | yet this court ordered that book’s destruction… | 然而法庭还是宣判那本书有损… |
[15:54] | I think you’d better argue instead. | 我认为应该由你来辩护 |
[15:56] | The judge likes demure. | 这法官喜欢严肃端庄型的 |
[15:57] | Mr.Thrush made fine point, we’ll continue. | 萨什先生说得好 我们继续 |
[16:00] | If I may, Your Lordship. | 我可以说句话吗 法官阁下 |
[16:02] | Yes, Mr. O’Brannon. | 行 O’布朗南先生 |
[16:03] | Uh, Brannon, Your Lordship. | 是布朗南 法官阁下 |
[16:05] | We ask the court’s indulgence | 我们请求法庭容许 |
[16:08] | in hearing evidence intended to refute the applicant’s charge. | 听取意在驳回控方控告的证据 |
[16:12] | Proceed. | 准许 |
[16:13] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:16] | I’m sorry. It’s so cold. | 对不起 太冷了 |
[16:19] | Bobby, do me a favor | 鲍比 拜托你 |
[16:22] | just get up . | 站起来 |
[16:23] | You can do it. | 你能行 |
[16:25] | Please. | 求你了 |
[16:27] | I’m just so tired.. | 我太累了 |
[16:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:30] | Your son needs you, Bobby. | 你儿子需要你 鲍比 |
[16:32] | He’s here. | 他就在这里 |
[16:33] | He needs his father. So get up and walk. | 他需要他父亲 站起来 走 |
[16:40] | – And this is your husband? – Yes. | -电话里是你丈夫? -是的 |
[16:44] | He had a satellitehone. he called from the South Col. | 他有一部卫星电话 他从南隘口打来的 |
[16:47] | He always called at noon. | 他总是中午打来 |
[16:49] | And you recorded that. | 然后你录下来了 |
[16:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:50] | I wanted his son to remember him. | 我想让儿子记得他 |
[16:55] | Use the oxygen, Bobby. Please. | 用氧气吧 鲍比 求你了 |
[16:58] | And get up and walk. | 站起来 走 |
[17:02] | Over here! Here! | 在这里 这里 |
[17:06] | Is someone there? | 那边有人吗 |
[17:08] | Bobby! | 鲍比 |
[17:09] | It’s the British team. | 是英国队 |
[17:12] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[17:14] | But they didn’t stop for him. | 但他们没有为他停下脚步 |
[17:17] | And they took your husband’s oxygen tank. | 他们拿走了你丈夫的氧气罐 |
[17:19] | Yes. I asked him to use his oxygen tank, | 是的 我让他用氧气罐 |
[17:22] | but it was gone. | 但是已经没了 |
[17:24] | No apology, no money. | 不道歉 不给钱 |
[17:27] | But we’ll agree not to print the book in Great Britain. | 但我们会同意不在英国出版此书 |
[17:34] | Very emotional in there. | 真是感人啊 |
[17:40] | Nice touch using the female lawyer. | 用女律师这招不错呀 |
[17:41] | You Americans certainly do enjoy your drama. | 你们美国人肯定很欣赏自己的好戏 |
[17:43] | So does His Lordship.Did you see him? | 法官阁下也很欣赏呢 你看到了吗 |
[17:47] | 1.2 million pounds and an apology. | 一百二十万镑 外加道歉 |
[17:53] | So is this some of that famous | 这就是你们英国人常说的 |
[17:55] | stiff-upper-lip stuff I’ve heard about? | 死硬到底吗 |
[17:57] | God, I do love you Yanks. | 上帝 我真是喜欢你们美国佬 |
[17:59] | You are so easy to distract. | 你们的注意力真容易转移 |
[18:02] | With our accents | 我们有我们的口音 |
[18:03] | and our periwigs and our tea and crumpets. | 我们的假发 英国茶 还有松脆饼 |
[18:06] | And Benny Hill. Don’t forget Benny Hill. | 还有小帅哥本尼·希尔 别忘了本尼·希尔 |
[18:08] | But I am not the England of Big Ben and bobbies. | 但我不是来自那个有着大本钟和傻警察的英国 |
[18:12] | I’m not the England of doilies and cucumber sandwiches. | 不是来自有着小杯垫和黄瓜三明治的英国 |
[18:17] | I’m the England of football hooligans | 我来自满是足球流氓的英国 |
[18:19] | and Jack the Ripper. | 以及有着开膛手杰克的英国 |
[18:23] | And this England don’t play nice, and it don’t play fair, | 这个英国不会很正大光明 公平行事 |
[18:27] | and it don’t ever stop. | 也永不停步 |
[18:33] | Here’s some advice, Mr., uh… Thrush. | 我有些建议 萨什先生 |
[18:38] | When you want to intimidate someone, | 你要威胁别人的时候 |
[18:40] | don’t use so many words. | 别说那么多话 |
[18:44] | Intimidation isn’t a sonnet. | 威胁不是十四行诗 |
[18:51] | It seems we understand each other perfectly. | 看起来我们都完全理解对方 |
[18:55] | Shall we? | 我们开始吧 |
[19:33] | Mrs. Lambros, | 兰博斯太太 |
[19:35] | you used to be a mountaineer yourself? | 你自己过去就是个登山者? |
[19:36] | Yes, until I became pregnant. | 是的 直到我怀孕 |
[19:39] | And why did you stop then? | 为何那时你不爬山了 |
[19:40] | Why? I couldn’t risk it with a son. | 为何 我不能冒险失去儿子 |
[19:42] | Yes, of course. | 是 当然 |
[19:43] | Your husband kept climbing after you gave birth? | 你生完孩子后你丈夫继续爬山 |
[19:45] | Yes. He was a guide. It was his job. | 是的 他是个向导 这是他的工作 |
[19:48] | But he was offered other | 但是有些不那么危险的 |
[19:49] | climbing jobs on less dangerous peaks. | 登山工作也找过他的 |
[19:51] | In the Alps, for instance. | 比如说 阿尔卑斯山 |
[19:54] | Don’t need to answer that. We understand. | 不需回答 我们明白的 |
[19:56] | Tell me about hypoxia. | 和我说说组织缺氧 |
[19:58] | Uh, hypoxia is an extreme form | 组织缺氧是缺氧的极端状态 |
[20:01] | of oxygen deprivation prevalent at high altitudes. | 在高纬度地区很常见 |
[20:04] | Thank you. Now, isn’t one of the potential | 谢谢 组织缺氧的一个潜在 |
[20:07] | side effects of hypoxia hallucinations? | 副作用是出现幻觉吗 |
[20:13] | Potentially. | 有这个潜在可能 |
[20:15] | Mrs. Lambros, I put it to you that your husband | 兰博斯太太 我认为你的丈夫 |
[20:17] | was hallucinating on that telephone call. | 打电话时出现了幻觉 |
[20:19] | I put it to you that your husband | 我认为你的丈夫 |
[20:21] | saw what he wished to see– | 看见了他想看到的 |
[20:22] | the British team coming to save him. | 一支英国队伍来救他 |
[20:24] | Oh, come on. | 算了吧 |
[20:25] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[20:27] | I beg your pardon. | 对不起你说什么 |
[20:28] | You really think that Robert Lambros hallucinated | 你真的认为罗伯特·兰博斯产生了幻觉 |
[20:30] | Cardiff taking his oxygen tank? | 以为卡迪夫拿走了他的氧气罐 |
[20:32] | Really? How does that work? | 真的吗 怎么做到的 |
[20:33] | I think, my l… | 我认为 我的 |
[20:35] | Your Lordship, I… | 法官阁下 我 |
[20:36] | No, seriously, how does he hallucinate | 不 严肃地说 他怎么会出现幻觉 |
[20:39] | the loss of his oxygen tank? | 他没有氧气罐了呢 |
[20:41] | It was my contention that he | 我的观点是最开始 |
[20:44] | hallucinated its existence in the first place. | 他幻觉中以为有氧气罐 |
[20:46] | If you’re going to blame the victim, | 如果你要怪罪受害者 |
[20:47] | at least use some better logic. | 至少逻辑好一点 |
[20:49] | Your Lordship, I object to the tone that this… | 法官阁下 我反对这个腔调这 |
[20:52] | This what? | 这什么 |
[20:53] | This American lawyer? Is that what you were going to say? | 这个美国律师 这就是你要说的吗 |
[20:56] | Let us take a short break. | 短暂休庭 |
[21:00] | Demure, huh? | 严肃端庄 呵呵 |
[21:02] | Change of plans. | 计划有变 |
[21:05] | I think I’m having American Revolution fantasies. | 我觉得我开始幻想美国革命 |
[21:10] | That turned me on. | 让我很兴奋 |
[21:13] | Well, I can dress up. | 我可以玩角色扮演 |
[21:17] | I want to take you now. | 我想现在就来 |
[21:21] | Well, that might prove difficult. | 这倒有点困难 |
[21:26] | In my bathroom. | 去我的洗手间 |
[21:29] | We have ten minutes. | 我们有十分钟 |
[21:31] | I’ll go first. | 我先过去 |
[21:36] | Oh, Will, we’re being watched. | 威尔 有人看我们呢 |
[21:39] | Where is that book? Hmm… | 那本书在哪儿呢 |
[21:42] | To be continued. | 未完待续 |
[21:52] | We can’t do that. | 我们不能那么做 |
[21:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:55] | He said it was about Lemond Bishop. | 他说是莱蒙德·毕夏普的事 |
[21:57] | They wanted to make sure none of our billing | 他们想确定我们的收入 |
[21:59] | came from drug money. | 没有获益于毒品交易 |
[22:00] | It’s like putting a bull’s-eye on our back for the IRS. | 这就如同在我们背上放个靶给国税局 |
[22:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:03] | Do you think he’s after us? | 你认为他是要整咱们吗 |
[22:05] | Florrick? | 福瑞克 |
[22:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:08] | Glenn Childs was this close to a RICO charge. | 格伦·查尔兹差点告咱们诈骗操纵和贿赂 |
[22:10] | Maybe Florrick’s taking up the hunt. | 福瑞克说不定接手继续查咱们 |
[22:12] | You really think he would do that to his wife’s firm? | 你真的认为他会对老婆所在公司做这种事 |
[22:19] | I think he’s trying to run a clean office. | 我认为他想廉洁行政 |
[22:21] | What if we offer to open up our books | 我们把账目公开给 |
[22:23] | to an independent accounting firm? | 一家独立会计事务所怎样 |
[22:25] | Florrick might just be looking for a gesture like that. | 福瑞克要的可能就是这么个姿态 |
[22:28] | I think if he’s serious, it’s worth a try. | 我觉得如果他是认真的 就值得一试 |
[22:31] | But let’s not expose ourselves on a subway platform | 但是别把我们自己暴露在大庭广众之下 |
[22:35] | unless we have to. | 除非逼不得已 |
[22:36] | Well, what a colorful and pointless metaphor. | 多么生动又无意义的隐喻啊 |
[22:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:39] | It’s the Brits. | 都怪英国人 |
[22:41] | I think I’m picking up their accents. | 我觉得我都沾上他们的口音了 |
[22:43] | I noticed. | 我发现了 |
[22:44] | It really classes up the joint. | 档次都上来了 |
[22:46] | And here’s Mr. Gunn meeting outside of his office. | 这是甘恩先生在办公室外和人会面 |
[22:49] | And here… is the SUV license plate. | 这儿 是车牌号 |
[22:53] | Here it is driving away. | 这张是车开走了 |
[22:55] | And here is the occupant. | 这张是车上的人 |
[22:59] | – Harold Burke? – Yup. | -哈罗德·伯克 -对 |
[23:01] | Ex-senator. | 前任参议员 |
[23:03] | Here’s a photo of him with his family. | 这是他和家人的一张照片 |
[23:06] | Any whiff of a scandal? | 嗅到了丑闻气息了么 |
[23:07] | Here’s the children’s nanny. | 这是孩子们的保姆 |
[23:09] | You’re kidding. | 不会吧 |
[23:11] | Here’s a photo of her leaving work. | 这张照片显示她做完工作离开 |
[23:13] | Here’s a photo of Mr. Burke leaving work. | 这张是伯克先生离开工作场所 |
[23:16] | And here is a photo of them… | 这张照片是他俩 |
[23:21] | …at their destination. | 在他们的幽会地点 |
[23:24] | Nicely done. | 干得漂亮 |
[23:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:28] | How do I know you? | 我怎么认识你的 |
[23:31] | You don’t. | 你不认识 |
[23:32] | And yet, you look so familiar. | 但是你看起来好面熟 |
[23:34] | I just have one of those faces. | 我长了张大众脸 |
[23:36] | I’ll need you again. | 我会再找你的 |
[23:38] | Then invoice. | 那就开发票 |
[23:44] | Hey, Grace, set the table, please. | 格蕾丝 摆一下桌子吧 |
[23:51] | – Dad. – Yeah? | -爸爸 -嗯 |
[23:53] | Why is Mom doing this? | 妈妈为什么要这么做 |
[23:55] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[23:58] | Kicking you out. | 把你赶出门 |
[24:02] | We were just getting back to normal. | 本来我们都要恢复到平常了 |
[24:05] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[24:06] | What did your mom tell you? | 你妈怎么和你说的 |
[24:10] | She said that she wanted to make the marriage work, | 她说她想要维护好婚姻 |
[24:13] | but it didn’t. | 但没成功 |
[24:18] | You don’t kick someone out for no reason. | 总不会无缘无故就赶人出门啊 |
[24:24] | I wasn’t always good to your mom, Zach. | 我并没有对你妈妈一直很好 扎克 |
[24:27] | But that was a long time ago. | 但那都是以前的事了 |
[24:29] | And she stayed. | 她却放不下 |
[24:31] | It wasn’t just… | 这不仅仅是 |
[24:37] | There were other things. | 还有别的事情 |
[24:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[24:43] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[24:47] | I hurt your mom with other things. | 我还做了其他伤害你妈妈的事情 |
[24:51] | With someone else? | 你还和别人有染吗 |
[24:58] | I think we should just leave it at that. | 我觉得我们就谈到这儿吧 |
[25:01] | Dad, there’s something wrong with the computer. | 爸爸 电脑出了点问题 |
[25:04] | Okay. Let’s have a look. | 我们去看看吧 |
[25:09] | So where are you from, Mr. Brannon? | 布朗南先生 你从哪里来 |
[25:12] | I’m sorry, where am I from? | 抱歉 你是问我从哪里来吗 |
[25:13] | Yes. County Cork? County Clare? | 对 是从科克郡或克莱尔郡来的吗 |
[25:15] | Tipperary? | 还是蒂珀雷里郡呢 |
[25:17] | Have a bit of an ear for accents. | 听出了点儿你的口音 |
[25:19] | I’m just trying to place your Irish brogue. | 想确定你到底是哪儿的爱尔兰口音 |
[25:22] | County Kerry. | 凯里郡的 |
[25:24] | A bit of the old potato famine emigration, was it? | 是土豆饥荒时移民的后代 对吧 |
[25:26] | Well, fair play, lad. | 玩儿的开心 小伙子 |
[25:28] | And good luck to you, me boy. | 并祝你好运 |
[25:33] | What’s his anagram? | 他名字的变形词是什么 |
[25:35] | Jams her tush. | “塞满她的犬牙” |
[25:39] | There is this inbred deference I have to greater rank. | 面对这些高人一等的家伙我只能顺从 |
[25:42] | Yeah, I know. Me, too. | 我明白 我也一样 |
[25:44] | Really? You don’t seem so. | 真的吗 你看起来不像啊 |
[25:46] | I’m trying very hard to change. | 我正努力试图改变这一情况 |
[25:49] | I’m not well-disposed to change. | 我倒是不怎么想改变 |
[25:51] | No, me neither. | 我也一样 |
[25:54] | Mandy Cox. | 曼迪·考克斯 |
[25:55] | I am a music executive working in A&R. | 我在A&R部门担任音乐执行工作 |
[25:57] | Thank you, Ms. Cox. | 谢谢你 考克斯小姐 |
[25:59] | And you were intending to summit Everest | 你在本事件发生之时 |
[26:01] | at the same time as the events in question? | 正在攀爬珠峰对吧 |
[26:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[26:04] | It’s always been a dream of mine. | 攀珠峰一直是我的一个梦想 |
[26:06] | Everest. My mountain. | 珠穆朗玛峰 是属于我的山峰 |
[26:08] | I’ve paid two guides over the past two years to get me to the top. | 我花钱请了两名领路帮助我登顶 |
[26:11] | And you observed Mr. Cardiff on the South Col, | 你在南隘口看到卡迪夫先生了 |
[26:14] | is that correct? – Yes. | 对吗 – 是的 |
[26:15] | Our Sherpa was injured in an icefall the day before, | 我们的夏尔巴领路人前一天被冰瀑砸伤了 |
[26:17] | and Mr. Cardiff was kind enough to share one of his with us | 卡迪夫先生很善良地将他的一个领路人 |
[26:20] | for the final assault. | 借给我们帮助登顶 |
[26:21] | So you made the last assault on Everest with Mr. Cardiff? | 那就是说你最后的冲刺是与卡迪夫先生一起的吗 |
[26:24] | My goodness, that was not mentioned in Mr. Lambros’s book. | 兰博斯先生的书里可没提到这点啊 |
[26:28] | There were a lot of things not in Danny’s book. | 丹尼的书里很多都没有提到 |
[26:31] | Many of us in the climbing community | 我们登山团队里的很多人 |
[26:33] | were outraged at the many distortions. | 都对一些扭曲事实的描述很愤怒 |
[26:35] | Did you ever see Mr. Cardiff step over a body, | 你看到过卡迪夫先生踏过一具尸体 |
[26:37] | or take anyone’s oxygen tank? | 或是拿走别人的氧气罐吗 |
[26:40] | Of course not. As far as I could tell, | 当然没有 就我所知 |
[26:42] | he was the perfect gentleman. | 他是名完美的绅士 |
[26:43] | Thank you, Ms. Cox. | 谢谢你 考克斯小姐 |
[26:45] | Ms. Cox, were you sleeping with Mr. Cardiff at base camp? | 考克斯小姐 你在营地和卡迪夫先生发生关系了吗 |
[26:48] | If I may interrupt. I might suggest to my learned colleague | 容我打断 我认为这些如同 |
[26:50] | that these News of the World type smear tactics | 世界新闻报般的诽谤战术 |
[26:52] | are beneath the dignity of the court. | 有损法庭尊严 |
[26:54] | I would tend to agree, Mrs. Florrick. | 我同意 福瑞克夫人 |
[26:56] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[26:57] | Please move on. | 请继续 |
[26:58] | We need to find another way to shake her. | 我们得找到另一个打击她信誉度的方法 |
[27:00] | Yes, but unfortunately, the judge agreed with her. | 是的 但不幸的是 法官相信她 |
[27:03] | I know. Where’s Kalinda? | 我知道 凯琳达在哪儿 |
[27:04] | This is my associate, Kalinda Sharma. | 这是我的同事 凯琳达·夏尔马 |
[27:06] | She’s been helping me prepare for this meeting. | 她帮助我筹备这次会议 |
[27:08] | And these are my associates. | 这些是我的同事 |
[27:09] | I don’t know their names, but they’re very expensive. | 我不知道他们的名字 但他们价码很高 |
[27:11] | So let’s hear it, Eli. | 我洗耳恭听 伊莱 |
[27:12] | Three-day plan. | 计划分三步走 |
[27:14] | Day one, I meet your candidate. | 第一步 我与你的候选人见面 |
[27:17] | I tell him that scandals are owned by the first man in. | 告诉他丑闻由首先介入的人拥有 |
[27:20] | Breitbart owned the Weiner scandal. | 布雷巴特就拥有维纳的丑闻 |
[27:22] | If Weiner had released those tweets with his spin, | 如果维纳把那些推文和他的团队看了 |
[27:25] | he would still be in office today. | 他现在应该还在政坛 |
[27:27] | Day two, I don’t ask your candidate to tell me everything, | 第二步 我不用你的候选人告诉我所有事情 |
[27:31] | because candidates lie. | 因为候选人总是说谎的 |
[27:32] | I’m falling asleep here, Eli. | 伊莱 我要睡着了 |
[27:33] | But I do tell him we have to get the nanny’s story straight | 但我会告诉他我们已经掌握了保姆丑闻了 |
[27:36] | so that she doesn’t hop off to The National Enquirer. | 这样她就不会向<国民询问者>爆料了 |
[27:39] | Day three, we acknowledge there is some entertainment value | 第三步 我们承认这三个孩子的父亲和保姆睡觉 |
[27:42] | in a father of three sleeping with his nanny. | 确实有些娱乐价值 |
[27:45] | And the goal is not to smother that value, but to harness it. | 目标不是扼杀全部价值 而是利用好 |
[27:49] | – That’s very interesting. – Thank you. | -这很有意思 -谢谢你 |
[27:51] | Only problem is it ain’t Burke. | 唯一的问题是 候选人不是伯克 |
[27:55] | Burke asked me to run his campaign, but I said no. | 伯克邀请我协助他的竞选 我拒绝了 |
[27:57] | And that’s what you saw when you accidentally followed me. | 这就是你无意间跟踪我时所看到的 |
[28:01] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[28:02] | No, I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[28:04] | And here’s the thing– come on, you follow any candidate, | 事实是 你跟踪任何候选人 |
[28:06] | you’re gonna find a nanny, a hooker, | 都会发现一个与其有染的保姆或是妓女 |
[28:07] | a mistress or an intern. | 情妇或是实习生 |
[28:10] | But thanks for the pitch, buddy. | 但兄弟 谢谢你的努力 |
[28:12] | I’ll see ya. | 以后再见吧 |
[28:13] | Give me one more chance. | 再给我一次机会 |
[28:17] | I’m deciding Monday. | 我周一决定 |
[28:21] | There are no other candidates. | 没有别的候选人了 |
[28:23] | I checked. | 我查过的 |
[28:24] | They all have strategists already. | 他们都已经有策略分析家了 |
[28:27] | Unless we go local. | 除非是本地的候选人 |
[28:28] | Nah, nah, he’s a national kind of guy. | 不 他只跟进全国竞选 |
[28:31] | He may have gone with someone new, | 他可能在为一个新人工作 |
[28:32] | but why pick a rotten apple from the tree? | 但为什么不捡个好果子呢 |
[28:34] | Maybe it’s a celebrity. | 或许是个明星 |
[28:36] | No. I can’t see him tolerating that. | 不 他肯定受不了那些人 |
[28:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:41] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[28:42] | He’s flipping sides. | 他变换阵营了 |
[28:44] | It’s a Republican. | 是个共和党人 |
[28:47] | He wanted to play in the presidential primaries. | 他想在总统预选里大显身手 |
[28:51] | I’m on it. | 我马上去查 |
[28:52] | Mazel tov. | 祝你好运 |
[28:55] | – Thank you for returning, Ms. Cox. – No problem. | -考克斯小姐 感谢你回来 -没关系 |
[28:58] | Before you went on your climb to Everest, | 在你去攀登珠峰之前 |
[28:59] | did you have any surgery performed? | 你做过什么手术吗 |
[29:01] | No. | 没有 |
[29:03] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[29:05] | I mean, did you have any surgery performed? | 我的意思是你做过什么手术吗 |
[29:07] | No. | 没有 |
[29:08] | What do you mean, like an appendix out? No. | 你是指类似切除阑尾吗 没有 |
[29:11] | Or LASIK surgery? | 做过激光矫正术吗 |
[29:13] | Oh. Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:13] | No, I-I thought you meant, | 我还以为你指的是 |
[29:14] | like, major surgery. | 大型手术 |
[29:16] | Yeah, LASIK. | 是做过激光矫正术 |
[29:17] | That was a while ago. | 有段日子了 |
[29:18] | I had contacts for farsightedness, | 我有远视隐形眼镜 |
[29:20] | and I didn’t want to deal with them on the mountain. | 但我不想在山上的时候用它们 |
[29:22] | Good. | 好的 |
[29:23] | And did you know that LASIK reacts poorly | 你知道激光矫正术在 |
[29:25] | to decreased atmospheric pressure? | 较低大气压力下作用很小吗 |
[29:28] | I… | 我… |
[29:29] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[29:31] | What are you asking? | 你想问什么 |
[29:32] | I’m asking if you knew that. | 我在问 你知道这一点吗 |
[29:34] | No. | 不知道 |
[29:35] | The vision of LASIK patients | 激光矫正术的患者的视力 |
[29:37] | becomes blurry at high altitudes in the weeks following surgery, | 由于低大气压的影响 |
[29:41] | due to decreased atmospheric pressure. | 术后数周内在高海拔地区都是模糊的 |
[29:43] | – Was your vision blurry, Ms. Cox? – No. | -你当时视力模糊吗 考克斯小姐 -不模糊 |
[29:45] | Isn’t that why you had Mr. Cardiff’s Sherpa carry you | 这就是你让卡迪夫的领路人扶着你走完 |
[29:48] | the last thousand feet up Everest? | 最后登顶珠峰的几千英尺距离的原因吗 |
[29:50] | That’s a lie. | 这不是真的 |
[29:51] | People keep saying that, but I wasn’t carried. | 人们都这么说 但我不是被扶上去的 |
[29:53] | Your Lordship, this is a sworn affidavit from | 法官大人 这是一份发过誓的宣誓书表格 |
[29:57] | Tenji Gelu, the Sherpa in question. | 滕吉·格鲁 接受质询的夏尔巴指路人 |
[29:59] | Now, he swears that Ms. Cox had blurry vision | 他发誓说考克斯小姐当时视力模糊 |
[30:02] | and could not have seen | 无法看清 |
[30:04] | any of the events in question. | 被质疑问题中的任何事件 |
[30:05] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[30:06] | He was always lying. | 他总是撒谎 |
[30:08] | He hated me because I accused him | 他讨厌我 因为我曾指责他 |
[30:09] | of stealing my satellite phone. | 偷了我的卫星电话 |
[30:11] | Your Lordship, given the circumstances, | 法官阁下 在此情况下 |
[30:13] | we ask that Ms. Cox be removed | 我们要求从原告证人名单上 |
[30:15] | from the claimant’s witness list. | 划去考克斯小姐的名字 |
[30:16] | I would regretfully agree. | 很遗憾 但我赞同 |
[30:27] | I got it. | 让我来吧 |
[30:29] | Oh, no, that’s okay. | 不用 我没事 |
[30:30] | Mom, I got it. | 妈妈 我来吧 |
[30:33] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[30:35] | What, because I’m cleaning? | 怎么了 就因为我要洗碗吗 |
[30:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:39] | You have work. | 你还有工作 |
[30:40] | I thought I’d let you do it. | 我觉得应该让你去工作 |
[30:42] | Oh, you are so adorable. | 你太可爱了 |
[30:45] | Oh, come on. | 快过来 |
[30:46] | You know it’s gonna happen, so just let it happen. | 躲不掉的 来吧 |
[30:49] | Mm. Good. Thank you. | 好孩子 谢谢你 |
[30:54] | How’s Dad? | 爸爸过得怎样 |
[30:56] | He’s good. | 挺好的 |
[30:57] | Are you good with him? | 你和他处得好吗 |
[30:59] | Am I? | 我吗 |
[31:00] | – Mm-hmm. – Yeah. | -对 -不错 |
[31:02] | I mean, you know. | 也就那样吧 |
[31:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:08] | Do you think I’m like him? | 你觉得我像他吗 |
[31:10] | Do I think you are? | 在问我吗 |
[31:13] | No. | 不像 |
[31:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:16] | You’re different. | 你跟他不一样 |
[31:18] | Very different. | 很不一样 |
[31:20] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[31:21] | I just wanted to know. | 我只是想知道 |
[31:25] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[31:33] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[31:34] | Yes. | 是我 |
[31:35] | I’m sorry, Alicia. I’m here…um… | 抱歉 艾丽西娅 我来是… |
[31:37] | I’m trying to get in touch with Peter, | 我一直在打电话联系彼得 |
[31:39] | and the office said he was at home. | 他办公室里的人说他回家了 |
[31:42] | Uh, well, no, he’s-he’s not here. | 不 他…他不在这里 |
[31:50] | I’m so sorry, Alicia. | 很抱歉 艾丽西娅 |
[31:51] | I would, I would never do this to you, | 我绝不会再这么做了 |
[31:53] | but do you have a minute? | 但你现在有空聊几句吗 |
[32:05] | We’re competing with two other law firms | 我们正在和另两家律所竞争 |
[32:07] | for the state’s attorney civil business. | 争取获得州检察官的民事案代理 |
[32:09] | It would be very lucrative, as you know. | 你知道的 这非常有赚头 |
[32:12] | But Peter’s asked that we be audited | 但彼得要求我们必须接受 |
[32:14] | by the Department of Taxation. | 税务部门的审计 |
[32:17] | And that– well, that would be quite invasive. | 而这样显然侵害了我们的利益 |
[32:21] | Grace, I’ll be there in a minute. | 格蕾斯 我等一下就过来 |
[32:25] | How old? | 她多大了 |
[32:27] | Fourteen. | 十四岁 |
[32:28] | That’s a sweet age. | 花一样的年纪啊 |
[32:30] | Anyway, I-I suggested to the state’s attorney | 总之 我向州检察官建议 |
[32:33] | that we use an independent auditor, | 我们聘用独立审计师 |
[32:36] | but he insisted on a departmental audit. | 但他坚持要由税务部门审计 |
[32:40] | And that would open up our books | 这样做不禁令人担忧 |
[32:42] | in an alarming way. | 我们的账目就一目了然了 |
[32:47] | Um, I’m not sure I… | 我不确定… |
[32:48] | I checked with the two other law firms under consideration, | 我调查了那两家考虑在内的律所 |
[32:50] | and they have not been asked to do the same. | 他们还没有被要求这么做 |
[32:52] | So I was wondering, | 所以我很好奇 |
[32:55] | is there something I should know | 是不是有什么我该了解的隐情呢 |
[32:58] | about why Peter’s only asking us? | 为什么彼得只要求我们这样做 |
[33:04] | Diane, I’ve worked hard | 戴安 我很努力地 |
[33:08] | to keep my home life separate from my work life. | 把家庭生活和工作生活区分开 |
[33:11] | I know, and I respect that. | 我知道 对此我表示尊重 |
[33:15] | But I need to know if Peter is doing the same. | 不过我想知道是否彼得也这么做了 |
[33:23] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道该怎么回答 |
[33:24] | Well, let me ask you this. | 那我这么问吧 |
[33:26] | If you were assisting me in this decision, | 要是你帮我下这个决定 |
[33:27] | how would you advise? | 你有什么建议吗 |
[33:31] | Agree to the audit or not? | 同意交由审计部门还是不同意 |
[33:41] | I would advise you not to. | 我建议你不要同意 |
[33:51] | Uh, you really have a very lovely apartment, Alicia. | 你的公寓非常温馨 艾丽西娅 |
[33:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:00] | Take two. | 成对了 |
[34:03] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[34:04] | So, let’s hear what you got. | 让我们来听听你查到了什么 |
[34:07] | Actually, Ms. Sharma and I discussed it, | 事实上 我和夏尔马小姐讨论过了 |
[34:09] | and we’ve decided to pass on your polite offer to pitch. | 我们决定把你这好心的提议让给别人 |
[34:12] | But thank you. | 但还是感谢你 |
[34:15] | You’re kidding me, right? | 你在开玩笑 对吧 |
[34:16] | Nope. But thanks. | 没有 但谢了 |
[34:20] | I mean, what the hell is that? | 我说 这到底算什么事 |
[34:22] | Don’t you think you could’ve told me that over the phone? | 你不能在电话里和我说吗 |
[34:24] | I could’ve, but that would’ve taken up less of your time. | 我能 不过那样做会节约你很多时间 |
[34:28] | Go to hell. | 见鬼去吧 |
[34:38] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事 |
[34:39] | I don’t like being used. | 我不喜欢被利用 |
[34:40] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[34:41] | How did I use you? | 我怎么利用你了 |
[34:42] | You’re considering joining a Republican presidential campaign. | 你想加入共和党人的总统竞选团队 |
[34:47] | – No comment. – But the guy’s too clean. | -无可奉告 -但那个人完全没有污点 |
[34:48] | You can’t find a single thing wrong with him. | 你从他身上找不到一点毛病 |
[34:51] | He’s too good to be true. | 他好得令人难以置信 |
[34:52] | I don’t know who you’re talking about. | 我不知道你说的是谁 |
[34:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:03] | And? | 接着呢 |
[35:04] | And you didn’t have the money to vet him, | 但你没有钱去调查他 |
[35:06] | so you hinted that you wanted to hire me | 所以你暗示想雇用我 |
[35:08] | so I would vet him for you. | 然后让我替你去调查 |
[35:12] | Poor man’s crawfishing. | 就像穷人抓龙虾那样 |
[35:14] | You let the tourist set the bacon trap, | 你让别人设下诱人的陷阱 |
[35:16] | and then you go in and raid them. | 而你只需做收尾工作就行了 |
[35:17] | Yeah, Mickey, uh, tell me the last time | 好了米奇 你自己说说 |
[35:19] | you were in the bayou. | 你什么时候做过老实人 |
[35:20] | So cut the Trapper John crap, okay? | 所以别再说设陷阱这种废话了 好吗 |
[35:23] | Oh, you going to offend me now? | 你是在惹我生气吗 |
[35:24] | Oh, yeah. I’m just getting started. | 是的 我才刚要开始 |
[35:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:28] | What did you find out? | 你发现了什么 |
[35:29] | – No. – Come on. | -不告诉你 -别这样 |
[35:30] | I’ll hire you. | 我会雇你的 |
[35:31] | No, here’s how it works. | 不要 这件事该这么做 |
[35:33] | You first offer your services to your Republican, | 你先争取那个共和党人 让他雇佣你 |
[35:37] | then you hire me. | 然后再来聘用我 |
[35:38] | I already did. He hired me. | 我已经成功了 他雇了我 |
[35:40] | Nope. He’s had two meetings, | 没有 他和他见过两次 |
[35:42] | but he hasn’t jumped yet. | 但他还没有加入阵营 |
[35:45] | Go get hired. | 去争取到聘用 |
[35:46] | And you’ll work for a Republican? | 你要为一个共和党人工作了吗 |
[35:48] | I don’t mind this guy. He’s not bad. | 我不介意 他这人还不坏 |
[35:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:51] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天给你打电话 |
[35:54] | No hard feelings, right? | 你不记仇吧 |
[35:55] | – Go. – Hey. It’s business. | -快走 -这只是桩生意 |
[35:57] | – Go! – All right. I’ll see you. | -走 -好的 下次见 |
[36:02] | I’ll be calling on you again. | 我会再找你的 |
[36:05] | It’s your dime. | 只要你给钱 我随时恭候 |
[36:14] | Mr. Cardiff, good evening. | 卡迪夫先生 晚上好 |
[36:16] | Actually, good morning. | 应该是早上好 |
[36:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:19] | Of course. Good morning. | 当然 早上好 |
[36:21] | A year before you climbed Everest, Mr. Cardiff, | 在你登珠穆朗玛峰的前一年 卡迪夫先生 |
[36:25] | you successfully summited the Trango Towers in Pakistan. | 你曾成功登顶巴基斯坦的川口塔峰群 |
[36:28] | Is that correct? | 有这件事吗 |
[36:29] | Trango II, to be exact. | 准确地说是川口二峰 |
[36:30] | Trango II. | 川口二峰 |
[36:32] | You came upon a team | 你在那次登山中 |
[36:34] | of Japanese mountaineers during that climb, did you not? | 跟着一队日本登山员 对吗 |
[36:37] | Let’s see. It’s, uh… it’s been so long. | 让我想想 时隔太久了 |
[36:39] | In fact, you not only came upon them, | 实际上 你不仅跟着他们 |
[36:41] | you took the ropes and pitons | 你还从一名濒死的日本登山客身上 |
[36:43] | from a dying Japanese climber. | 取走了绳索和岩钉 |
[36:44] | If I may quickly ask my learned colleague | 我想问一下这位知识渊博的对方律师 |
[36:46] | to which materials he is referring here. | 他究竟有什么材料作为根据 |
[36:48] | The book, Only in May, the account | 这本书 《只在五月》 |
[36:51] | of a French climbing expedition to the Trango Towers. | 记载了一支法国探险队在川口岩壁的历程 |
[36:53] | Yes, that was my worry. | 果然不出我所料 |
[36:54] | Your Lordship, Mr. Cardiff previously brought suit– | 法官阁下 卡迪夫先生之前已经 |
[36:56] | brought successful suit– | 对这本书的出版商提起了诉讼 |
[36:58] | against the publisher of that very book. | 并且胜诉了 |
[37:00] | It has been deemed libelous and therefore | 这本书已经被裁定具有诽谤性质 |
[37:02] | cannot be mentioned in these proceedings. | 因此在这里不应被提及 |
[37:08] | Well, then, let me ask you this. | 好吧 那我再问你一个问题 |
[37:10] | In that expedition– | 在那次探险中 |
[37:12] | the one that I was just talking about… | 就是我刚才提到的这个… |
[37:13] | Apologies for interrupting again, Your Lordship, | 抱歉再次打断 法官阁下 |
[37:15] | but as part of the successful suit against the aforementioned book, | 不过这也是针对前述这本书的裁定的一部分 |
[37:18] | Mr. Cardiff instigated a superinjunction, | 卡迪夫先生已经申请了强制令 |
[37:21] | which, of course, means not only are we prevented | 这就意味着 |
[37:24] | from discussing the book here, | 我们不仅不能在这里讨论这本书 |
[37:25] | we are prevented from even discussing | 甚至不能讨论 |
[37:27] | the supposed events alluded to in that book. | 书中所影射的那些事件 |
[37:30] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[37:31] | Even the request by my learned colleague here | 甚至是对方律师刚才的请求 |
[37:33] | must be stricken from the record. | 也该从法庭记录中删去 |
[37:34] | It is as if the book and its events, | 这本书 以及与书有关的事件 |
[37:37] | and even events questioning the events, never happened. | 以及提到这些事件的事件 都应视作从未发生 |
[37:40] | Unless, of course, | 当然了 除非这些事情 |
[37:41] | it’s discussed in the English press, Your Lordship. | 在英国媒体上已经被热烈讨论了 法官阁下 |
[37:44] | Yes, and we would ask for a superinjunction | 正是 因此我们请求法庭发布强制令 |
[37:45] | to prevent the mention of the superinjunction. | 禁止提及之前的强制令 |
[37:48] | Only in England. | 英国特色啊 |
[37:50] | Look, I’m sorry, but that is not necessary. | 我很抱歉 那些完全没必要的 |
[37:52] | We need to get that book in. | 我们必须提及那本书 |
[37:53] | The climb to Trango Towers. | 川口岩壁的那次攀登 |
[37:55] | It shows a pattern of abuse. | 这能证明他一贯的恶行 |
[37:58] | Where are you going? | 你上哪儿去 |
[37:59] | I have an idea. | 我有办法了 |
[38:00] | No, there’s nothing there. I… what am I looking for? | 里面什么都没有 要我看什么 |
[38:02] | I don’t understand what the purpose of this whole page is. | 我不明白这一整页说的是什么 |
[38:05] | Eli, you still have your geek squad together, right? | 伊莱 你的网络水军还在吧 |
[38:08] | Well, hello, Alicia. How are you? | 你好 艾丽西娅 你好吗 |
[38:09] | You still have your Internet trolls who tweet anonymously? | 你那些匿名发推特的网络水军还在吗 |
[38:12] | Yeah. Why? What do you need? | 是的 怎么了 你要干什么 |
[38:14] | I need some tweeting. | 我要发一些推特 |
[38:26] | The tweeting fairies did their work during the night. | 水军大神们昨晚干得不错啊 |
[38:29] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不明白你在说些什么 |
[38:31] | 100,000 tweet followers, Your Lordship. | 十万个推特收听者 法官阁下 |
[38:35] | The superinjunction and Mr. Cardiff’s actions | 那条禁制令和卡迪夫先生的所作所为 |
[38:38] | are now a matter of discussion in the English press. | 已经成为英国媒体热议的对象了 |
[38:40] | This is an obscenity, Your Lordship. | 这是极其下流的举动 法官阁下 |
[38:42] | In this morning’s Chronicle: | 这是今天头条 |
[38:43] | “What did Oliver Cardiff do on the slopes of Trango II?” | 奥利佛·卡迪夫在川口二峰上把绳索怎么了 |
[38:46] | Your Lordship, where is the respect for our laws | 法官阁下 要是那些有电脑和推特账户的小流氓 |
[38:48] | when any young thug with a computer and a Twitter account | 都能令法院的禁制令无效 |
[38:51] | can circumvent a lawful injunction… | 那么法律的尊严何在 |
[38:53] | I’m sorry, Mr. Thrush, | 对不起 萨什先生 |
[38:55] | but I haven’t finished. | 我还没说完 |
[38:57] | Yes. | 正是 |
[38:58] | Please continue, Mr. Brannon. | 请继续说 布朗南先生 |
[39:01] | The subject of Mr. Cardiff’s actions | 卡迪夫先生在巴基斯坦 |
[39:03] | during his Pakistani climbing expedition | 攀登探险期间的所作所为 |
[39:05] | are now a subject of concern | 正被英国媒体 |
[39:07] | in the English press, Your Lordship. | 热烈报道 法官阁下 |
[39:09] | Therefore, I do not need | 因此 我并不需要 |
[39:10] | the manuscript of Only in May | 《只在五月》这本书的原稿 |
[39:12] | in order to ask these questions. | 作为我问题的佐证 |
[39:14] | We still believe the stricture | 我们认为禁制令的限制仍然有效 |
[39:15] | of the superinjunction applies, Your Lordship. | 法官大人 |
[39:21] | I did nothing wrong. | 我没做错什么 |
[39:22] | You didn’t take the rope and climbing gear | 在川口二峰 难道你没有从日本登山队那里 |
[39:24] | from the Japanese team on Trango Tower– Trango II? | 拿走绳索和攀岩工具 |
[39:28] | I did nothing wrong. | 我没做错什么 |
[39:29] | Then why did the French team say they found you | 那为什么法国探险队说 |
[39:31] | with the Japanese pitons? | 他们看见你拿着日本岩钉 |
[39:32] | We do not use pitons. | 我们根本不用岩钉 |
[39:33] | We’re clean climbers. | 我们有环保意识 |
[39:35] | We use chockstones and quickdraws. | 我们用的是楔子和快扣 |
[39:37] | Yes, which you took from a Japanese climber. | 没错 都是你从日本登山者那里夺来的 |
[39:38] | He was dying. | 他都快死了 |
[39:44] | The hypocrisy here is amazing. | 你们居然这般虚伪 |
[39:47] | You, Danny, | 你 丹尼 |
[39:49] | you were on K2 when a Korean climber died. | 在乔戈里峰上 你看到一个濒死的韩国登山者 |
[39:52] | I know for a personal fact | 我知道你出于一己之私 |
[39:53] | you passed him on the way to the summit. | 你无视了他 直奔顶峰 |
[39:55] | That was different. | 那不一样 |
[39:56] | How was that different? | 有什么不同 |
[39:58] | Because he wasn’t your brother? | 只因为他不是你哥哥? |
[40:00] | He froze to death, and you left him. | 他被冻得快要死了 而你却弃他而去 |
[40:03] | I left him. Every climber left him. | 我也抛弃了他 所有登山者都抛弃了他 |
[40:04] | And why? | 为什么 |
[40:05] | Because we would have died carrying him down. | 因为要是背着他 我们都得死 |
[40:09] | It is the law of the death zone. | 这就是死亡地带的法则 |
[40:11] | We all know we can’t be carried out. | 我们都知道别人不会来背自己 |
[40:12] | And so you did it on Everest. | 这正是你在珠峰上所做的 |
[40:16] | The events as described in Danny’s book are a lie. | 丹尼书中所写的是一个谎言 |
[40:19] | Even though you passed a dying Robert Lambros on Everest? | 尽管你在珠峰上对濒死的罗伯特·兰博斯见死不救? |
[40:22] | The book, as told, is a lie. | 如我所说 这本书是个谎言 |
[40:25] | Mr. Cardliff, are you planning another climbing expedition? | 卡迪夫先生 你是不是在策划新的攀登探险 |
[40:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:29] | When? | 什么时候 |
[40:30] | Don’t answer that. | 别回答 |
[40:30] | Patagonia, in one month. | 巴塔哥尼亚 一个月内 |
[40:32] | Your Lordship, there is qualified privilege | 法官阁下 这里的受约制特权 |
[40:34] | as an exception to our libel laws. | 是我们诽谤法体系中的特例 |
[40:36] | And what is that, Mr. Brannon? | 此话怎讲 布朗南先生 |
[40:37] | When they are a warning. | 当他们具有警示作用时 |
[40:39] | Mr. Cardiff has demonstrated a predisposition | 卡迪夫先生在高海拔地区会无视濒死的登山者 |
[40:42] | for bypassing stranded climbers at altitude. | 这一癖性已经表露无遗 |
[40:46] | Now, if this book is a warning to climbers in the future, | 如果这本书能够警示今后的登山者 |
[40:49] | then it is no longer held to the same burden of proof | 那么它就不必照诽谤法所说 |
[40:51] | maintained by our libel laws. | 担负起证实自己真实性的责任 |
[40:54] | I, therefore, ask that this suit be dismissed | 因为本书具有警示作用 |
[40:57] | because this book, Your Lordship, is a warning. | 故我向您法官阁下提出撤销诉讼 |
[41:01] | Your Lordship, that is a strange interpretation of the law. | 法官阁下 这是曲解法律 |
[41:05] | No, Mr. Thrush. I’m sorry. | 不 萨什先生 抱歉 |
[41:08] | I don’t think it’s a strange interpretation of the law at all. | 我完全不认为这是曲解 |
[41:12] | In fact, it seems right. | 事实上这看上去很有道理 |
[41:14] | We would agree with Mr. Brannon | 法庭赞同布朗南先生的意见 |
[41:18] | and therefore dismiss the suit in letter rogatory. | 同时撤销本案的调查委托书 |
[41:23] | Oh. Uh, apologies, Your Lordship. | 哦 我向您道歉 法官阁下 |
[41:31] | Thank you. Seriously. | 说真的 谢谢你 |
[41:33] | It’s been a pleasure. | 合作愉快 |
[41:46] | So you decided against an audit. | 那么你决定拒绝审计 |
[41:50] | Smart. | 明智之举 |
[41:53] | Have Alicia and her husband separated? | 艾丽西娅是不是和她丈夫分居了 |
[41:58] | Is it any of our business? | 关我们什么事 |
[41:59] | If there is blowback on our firm, | 要是我们律所因此受报复 |
[42:02] | then yes, it is our business. | 那么当然有我们的事 |
[42:05] | Is there blowback on our firm? | 我们律所受到报复了吗 |
[42:09] | Will. | 威尔 |
[42:12] | This is my life. | 这是我一生的心血 |
[42:14] | It’s yours, too. | 也是你的 |
[42:15] | Have Alicia and her husband separated? | 艾丽西娅有没有和她丈夫分居 |
[42:19] | Ask her. | 你去问她 |
[42:26] | We can’t be the enemy of the State’s Attorney. | 我们不能得罪州检察官 |
[42:29] | – We’re not. – He wanted to audit us. | -我们没得罪他 -他想审计我们 |
[42:31] | Because he wants to run a clean office. | 因为他想确保他的办公室廉洁 |
[42:34] | This is crazy. | 真是疯狂 |
[42:36] | She’s supposed to work for us. | 她本该为我们工作 |
[42:37] | If she’s working against, we should let her go. | 要是她的存在反而不利于我们 她就得走人 |
[42:39] | She’s not. | 她没有 |
[42:42] | But if she is? | 但如果有呢 |
[42:43] | Then… we’ll let her go. | 那我们就让她走人 |
[42:50] | If she works against us, we are letting her go. | 要是她的存在反而不利于我们 她就得走人 |
[42:56] | I can hold you to that? | 我能在这一点上相信你吗 |
[43:04] | Yes. | 绝对 |