时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | This is court-ordered mediation. | 这是一次法院命令的调解 |
[00:05] | It’s not opt-out mediation | 不是可以退出的调解 |
[00:07] | or I-don’t-feel-like-it mediation. | 你们喜欢与否无所谓 |
[00:10] | We know that, but what can we do? | 我们知道 但我们能怎么做 |
[00:12] | We can’t negotiate with a stone. | 我们总不可能和石头谈条件吧 |
[00:13] | Yes, but you can lower your ask. | 是的 但你们可以降低索赔金额 |
[00:15] | Given the set of facts I’m looking at, | 根据我所了解到的一系列事实 |
[00:17] | well, it’s way to high. | 这个金额太高了 |
[00:19] | And the law is far from clear as to… | 而且法律也没有明确… |
[00:21] | Then let’s go to court. | 那我们庭上见 |
[00:23] | Look, the judge doesn’t want to clutter up his docket. | 听着 法官不想打乱他手上的案件 |
[00:27] | That’s why he empowered me to keep you here | 所以他授权我与你们调解 |
[00:29] | as long as I want to reach a compromise. | 只要我坚持调解 你们就不能退出 |
[00:31] | And I will. | 我会坚持的 |
[00:32] | So show me some movement. | 所以 请让我看到你们的行动 |
[00:33] | Our client wanted to sue for $38 million in punitive. | 我们的委托人希望索赔3800万美元 |
[00:36] | We got her down to 14. | 我们让她降到了1400万 |
[00:38] | That is movement. | 这就是行动 |
[00:40] | But where is theirs? | 但他们的行动呢 |
[00:45] | Think about a new ask. | 再考虑一个新的金额吧 |
[00:58] | I need you to raise your offer. | 你们得提高出价 |
[01:00] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[01:01] | Given the set of facts I’m looking at, | 根据我所掌握的一系列情况 |
[01:02] | well, it’s way too low. | 赔偿金额太低了 |
[01:05] | – And the legal issues… – What about their ask? | -而且法律问题… -他们想要多少 |
[01:07] | $12 million for what was clearly an accident? | 对于一场明显的意外事故索赔1200万? |
[01:10] | $14 million. | 1400万 |
[01:10] | Oh, my God. It keeps going up. | 天哪 越要越多 |
[01:12] | No, it was always $14 million. | 不 一直都是1400万 |
[01:14] | Exactly, because they won’t move. | 正是 因为他们不会让步 |
[01:16] | That’s Will Gardner’s M.O. | 这就是威尔·加德纳的惯用伎俩 |
[01:18] | He gets his opposition negotiating with themselves | 让对手自己说服自己让步 |
[01:20] | so he can just sit back and… | 他们只要坐等… |
[01:26] | Okay, the good news is, | 好消息是 |
[01:28] | they’ve agreed to an increase in their offer. | 他们同意提高赔偿 |
[01:30] | Really? | 是吗 |
[01:31] | Yes– $100,000. | 是 提高10万 |
[01:32] | As a goodwill gesture. | 作为善意的表示 |
[01:34] | But it’s linked to an equivalent reduction in your ask. | 但也需要你们相应减少索赔金额 |
[01:37] | We’re not meeting in the middle. | 这算谈不拢了 |
[01:38] | You are meetig in the middle. | 你们必须谈拢 |
[01:40] | Everyone’s meeting in the middle, or I keep you here. | 每个人都必须谈拢 否则就继续调解 |
[01:42] | This was an unfortunate accident… | 这是一起不幸的意外事故 |
[01:45] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[01:46] | I know Celeste works under the mistaken impression | 我知道莎丽斯特有个错误的观念 |
[01:48] | that if she says something enough times, | 她以为 如果她把某事重复足够多遍 |
[01:50] | it’ll make it true, | 就会变成真的 |
[01:51] | but this wasn’t an accident; this was fraud. | 但这事不是意外 是欺诈 |
[01:54] | Deposition 101, page 58. | 证词101条 58页 |
[01:57] | “But wasn’t this an accident, ma’am?” Answer… | “这不是一次意外吗 女士” 回答是… |
[01:59] | No, an accident is unintentional. | 不 意外是指无心之失 |
[02:01] | What your client did to me was intentional. | 你委托人对我做的事是故意的 |
[02:04] | You sound angry, ma’am. | 听上去你很生气 女士 |
[02:06] | Do I? | 有吗 |
[02:10] | I guss I am. I… | 我猜是的 我 |
[02:14] | Would you like to take a break, Maggie? | 你需要休息一下吗 玛姬 |
[02:16] | Can we get you anything for your pain? | 用我给你找点止疼的东西吗 |
[02:18] | Thank you, Mr. Gardner. | 谢谢你 加德纳先生 |
[02:19] | Why don’t we let Maggie raise her hand when she wants to take a break | 让玛姬在她想休息时 举手示意就好了 |
[02:23] | instead of continually vocalizing her pain into the record? | 不必一次次对着镜头强调她的疼痛 |
[02:24] | Wow, Celeste. Cynical much? | 莎丽斯特 讽刺吗 |
[02:26] | – Only since your fifth interruption. – Thank you, | -在你第5次打断后 -谢谢 |
[02:28] | but I don’t need a break. | 但是我不需要休息 |
[02:29] | She doesn’t need a break, Will. | 她不需要休息 威尔 |
[02:30] | Can I continue now? | 现在可以继续了吗 |
[02:32] | It’s up to you. | 取决于你 |
[02:33] | This was all caused by an accident four years ago, wasn’t it? | 这都是由4年前的一次意外引起的 是不是 |
[02:37] | I was in a car accident. | 那时我出了车祸 |
[02:38] | It caused DDD– degenerative disc disorder. | 造成退行性腰椎间盘病变 |
[02:41] | It’s misaligned vertebrae discs. | 腰椎间盘移位 |
[02:43] | And Dr. Farland, the man you are suing, my client, | 而法兰德医生 你起诉的被告 我的委托人 |
[02:47] | suggested an operation. | 建议手术治疗 |
[02:49] | He did. | 是 |
[02:50] | He said I needed an SCS– a spinal cord stimulator. | 他说我需要使用脊髓电刺激器 |
[02:53] | A device like this? | 像这样的设备? |
[02:56] | Our client was given a chance to choose | 法兰德让我方委托人 |
[02:58] | which model to have surgically implanted | 从食品药物管理局许可的12种模型中 |
[03:00] | from a catalogue of 12 FDA-approved models. | 选取一种进行手术植入 |
[03:03] | But she didn’t choose any– that’s the defense’s point. | 但她没有选 这就是被告方辩解的关键 |
[03:06] | Yes, but I expected him | 是 但是我指望他 |
[03:07] | to pick one of the FDA-approved devices. | 从食品药物管理局许可的设备中选一个 |
[03:09] | I was never told there was another option. | 我从没被告知还有其它选择 |
[03:12] | And what happened after the operation, Maggie? | 手术之后发生了什么 玛姬 |
[03:15] | The pain was gone. | 疼痛消失了 |
[03:16] | I was ready to worship Dr. Farland. | 我正准备敬仰信任法兰德医生 |
[03:19] | But then the pain came back? | 但是后来疼痛又出现了? |
[03:21] | Yes, it was like a deal with the Devil. | 对 就像和魔鬼打交道 |
[03:22] | It came back three times worse. | 疼痛比过去严重了三倍 |
[03:24] | But that’s not why you brought suit. | 但这不是你起诉的原因 |
[03:25] | No. About a month after my operation, | 对 大约在手术后一个月 |
[03:28] | I received an itemized bill for the SCS. | 我收到了一份脊髓电刺激器帐单明细 |
[03:32] | On it was listed the manufacturer and the inventor. | 上面标明了制造商和发明者 |
[03:35] | And who was the inventor? | 谁是这个发明者 |
[03:37] | My doctor, Dr. Farland. | 我的医生 法兰德医生 |
[03:38] | And this device he invented– | 他发明的这个设备 |
[03:40] | it was not FDA-approved? | 没有经过食品药物管理局的认证? |
[03:42] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[03:44] | He just implanted it in me like I was a guinea pig. | 他把它植入我体内 拿我当小白鼠 |
[03:47] | I want to sympathize– | 我表示同情 |
[03:49] | I do– but you can’t keep asking for $14 million. | 真的 但你们不能坚持要1400万 |
[03:52] | Maggie has three children. | 玛姬有3个孩子 |
[03:54] | She is in constant pain. | 她遭受不断的疼痛 |
[03:56] | Her life has been shortened by a decade. | 她的寿命缩短了十年 |
[03:58] | Her husband left her, | 丈夫弃她而去 |
[04:00] | and she’s being kicked out of her house, | 她被赶出家门 |
[04:01] | all because she can not hold down a job | 都是因为她不能保住工作 |
[04:03] | or offer spousal companionship. | 也不能尽配偶义务 |
[04:05] | Now, if that happened to me | 如果这种事发生在我身上 |
[04:06] | from a doctor who experimented on me without my knowledge, | 医生在我不知情的情况下 拿我做实验 |
[04:10] | I’m sorry, but I would be asking for twice as much. | 对不起 但我会索要两倍的赔偿 |
[04:20] | Good job. Keep on him. | 干得好 继续攻他 |
[04:22] | And, everyone, the mediator’s threatening | 大家听好 调解员扬言 |
[04:24] | to keep us here through the weekend, | 周末我们也要在这儿参加调解 |
[04:25] | and I think he means it, so make arrangements. | 我想他是说真的 所以早做打算 |
[04:30] | We might have a slight edge in mediation. | 我们在调解中可能占有轻微优势 |
[04:32] | The mediator seems sympathetic. | 调解员看上去对我们抱有同情 |
[04:34] | Really? Will that matter? | 是嘛 这管用吗 |
[04:36] | Not really. | 也不算 |
[04:37] | We’re heading to trial either way, | 不管怎样我们都要上庭审 |
[04:39] | but it shows our argument’s working. | 但至少证明我们的论理有说服力 |
[04:41] | – What’s up there? – I just got a call. | -那边情况如何 -我刚接到一个电话 |
[04:43] | Someone who needs crisis management. | 有人需要危机管理服务 |
[04:45] | One of our clients? | 我们的某个客户? |
[04:47] | No, someone impressed with the Florrick rehabilitation. | 不 是对福瑞克复职欢欣鼓舞的人 |
[04:52] | Now I’m starting to feel like a slacker. | 现在我开始觉得自己是个懒虫 |
[04:54] | Eli is starting to clock more billable hours than us. | 伊莱的计费工时 现在都开始超过我们了 |
[04:57] | Who is it, one of the airlines? | 是谁 航空公司吗 |
[04:59] | I heard a jet went off the runway at O’Hare. | 我听说奥黑尔机场有架喷气机偏离跑道 |
[05:01] | No, but I might be able to sign them. | 不是 但我有可能签下他们的案子 |
[05:03] | I can decide for both of us? | 我的决定能代表我们俩吗 |
[05:05] | Yes. Just keep me in the loop. | 是的 让我知情就好 |
[05:09] | Cheese. | 奶酪 |
[05:13] | Cheese? | 奶酪 |
[05:14] | Yes. We represent the Wisconsin State Dairy Guild, | 是的 我们代表威斯康星州乳业行会 |
[05:17] | and we need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[05:20] | – With cheese? – Yes. | -关于奶酪? -是的 |
[05:26] | A certain kind of cheese or all cheese? | 某一种奶酪还是所有品种 |
[05:29] | There was an outbreak of listeriosis | 4小时前 |
[05:31] | in a Chicago grammar school four hours ago. | 芝加哥某小学爆发了利斯特菌病情 |
[05:34] | News reports say the outbreak | 新闻说突发病情 |
[05:36] | was traced to bacterial-infected cheese slices. | 与被细菌污染的奶酪片有关 |
[05:38] | Five children are hospitalized, | 5名儿童送院 |
[05:40] | four teachers are ill, | 4个老师染病 |
[05:41] | and we’re getting alarmed calls from government officials. | 我们接到了政府打来的电话 |
[05:43] | Patrick! Lydia! | 帕特里克 莉迪亚 |
[05:46] | Does the guild have a contract with an existing PR firm? | 行会是否与哪家公关公司有合同在身? |
[05:48] | Keyser & Associates. | 凯塞尔公司 |
[05:50] | They’re working on an “Eat Cheese” Campaign. | 他们正为我们做”享用奶酪”的推广活动 |
[05:52] | Not anymore. You hire me, I am one voice. | 那是过去时了 你雇我 就不能雇别人 |
[05:54] | Tell me that’s ok, we’re going forward. | 你同意的话 我们再继续谈 |
[05:56] | – I’ll have to get permission. – That’s fine for now, | -我要先请示上级 -眼下这还可以 |
[05:57] | but I need someone here who doesn’t need to get permission. | 但我需要能拍板的人来跟我谈 |
[06:01] | Monthly retainer of $60,000 a month. | 固定费用为每月6万 |
[06:03] | Hourly still applies. You’ll find that’s competitive. | 但小时付费仍然计算 价格很合理 |
[06:05] | – Fine. – Get me everything on listeriosis, | -好的 -去查利斯特菌病的资料 |
[06:08] | anyone who will speak out against cheese. | 以及公然反对食用奶酪的人 |
[06:11] | And I’ll need more investigator time. Get Kalinda. | 我需要更多的调查人手 把凯琳达调给我 |
[06:13] | She’s on the mediation. | 她在跟进调停案 |
[06:14] | Not anymore. | 那是过去时了 |
[06:16] | 60… 60 a month… | 每月六… |
[06:18] | W-wait, hold on. | 等一下 |
[06:19] | …may also be tainted. | …也遭到污染 |
[06:21] | It was just after recess. | 事情发生课间休息后 |
[06:23] | The culprit– the most innocent of foods. | 而罪魁祸首竟是看似无害的食物 |
[06:25] | Cheese. | 奶酪 |
[06:27] | – This cell phone video, – Oh, dear God. | -这段手机视频 -我的天哪 |
[06:28] | shot by a cafeteria worker, | 由一位餐厅工作人员拍摄 |
[06:30] | captures several students becoming gravely ill… | 拍到了许多孩子病发的过程 |
[06:32] | We’re worried this is gonna keep people from purchasing cheese. | 我们担心这会让人们不敢购买奶酪 |
[06:36] | You think? | 仅是担心吗 |
[06:37] | Cheeseburgers and grilled cheese sandwiches… | 奶酪汉堡 烤奶酪三明治… |
[06:38] | You’ll have to hire Lockhart/Gardner | 你们要雇洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[06:40] | as temporary counsel. | 作为临时法律顾问 |
[06:41] | Actually, we have outside counsel. | 事实上 我们已经有法律顾问了 |
[06:43] | Okay, I can explain myself for now, | 我现在还有时间给你解释 |
[06:45] | but when things move faster, | 但等着事态恶化后 |
[06:46] | you’re going to have to just trust me. | 你们必须毫无保留地相信我 |
[06:47] | Currently, everything we say and do can be subpoenaed | 我们眼下说的做的 都可能被呈交法庭 |
[06:49] | for civil or criminal trial. | 作为民事或刑事案的证据 |
[06:51] | And believe me, with news like this, | 相信我 有这样的新闻在前 |
[06:52] | you do not want that. | 你绝不希望如此 |
[06:54] | We need to be able to speak | 我们的谈话 |
[06:55] | under cover of attorney-client privilege, | 需要律师与当事人保密特权的保护 |
[06:56] | which Diane provides, and we need it now! | 而戴安就能提供 此事刻不容缓 |
[07:01] | Go ahead, get permission. | 打电话 征求上级同意 |
[07:04] | Hi, Walter. Still there? | 沃尔特 还在听吗 |
[07:06] | We also need to hire Lockhart/Gardner | 我们还需雇洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[07:08] | as temporary counsel. | 作为临时法律顾问 |
[07:10] | …as we learn more. | …待我们得知更多情况 |
[07:12] | And get me the CEO of Heather Farms– | 给我联系欧石南庄园公司的CEO |
[07:15] | before he talks to a reporter. | 赶在他向记者说话前 |
[07:19] | Here he comes now. | 他来了 |
[07:20] | You just tell him what you told me. | 你把刚刚告诉我的对他再讲遍 |
[07:22] | What’s wrong? Is everything all right? | 怎么回事 没出什么问题吧 |
[07:24] | I don’t know. I got a call from someone at the Vindicator. | 说不清 我接到《维护者报》一个人的电话 |
[07:28] | She asked if I had an opinion about the results | 关于对法兰德医生医疗调查的结果 |
[07:30] | of the medical investigation of Dr. Farland. | 她问我有何看法 |
[07:33] | – I don’t understand. It’s a year off. – I know. | -我不明白 这早了一年 -我知道 |
[07:36] | She said the FDA expedited it. | 她说食品药物管理局加快了进度 |
[07:38] | She got an early look, and they’re siding with Dr. Farland. | 她提前看到了结果 对法兰德医生有利 |
[07:42] | It may not be true. | 这不一定是真的 |
[07:43] | It doesn’t matter. | 是真是假无所谓 |
[07:44] | Any rumor of an investigation that goes against us hurts us. | 只要有这样的流言传出 就对我们不利 |
[07:48] | Did this reporter say when she wanted a comment? | 这个记者说她什么时候要回复 |
[07:50] | This afternoon. | 今天下午 |
[07:51] | She has to go to press Monday with the leak. | 她说周一就要把消息公布 |
[07:54] | Here’s her number. | 这是她的电话 |
[07:55] | She’s the Metro editor. | 她是本地新闻版的编辑 |
[07:57] | Kate Hanson– I know her. Let me give her a call. | 凯特·汉森 我知道她 我跟她联系 |
[07:59] | She’ll be easy to stall. | 可以拖住她 |
[08:00] | Thank you for doing this. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[08:02] | Once more around the park. | 再带他去趟公园 |
[08:08] | So what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[08:10] | I think we have a gun to our head, | 我觉得现在的情况很悬 |
[08:12] | and can’t wait for trial. | 不能拖到庭审 |
[08:13] | We have to get a good deal in mediation. | 要在调解中拿到好价钱 |
[08:14] | – Damn! – Be right there. | -他妈的 -我一会儿上去 |
[08:16] | Owen, can you do me a favor? | 欧文 能帮我个忙吗 |
[08:20] | Diane, we… | 戴安 我们… |
[08:22] | I’ll call you back. | 一会再打给你 |
[08:25] | I think the mediator’s lying to us. | 我觉得调解员在对我们说谎 |
[08:26] | I think you’re right. | 我也这么觉得 |
[08:29] | Two hours and a bottle of wine, | 两小时 加一瓶红酒 |
[08:30] | we can settle this. | 我们就能解决 |
[08:31] | Just this? Why not the Middle East? | 就本案吗 为何不连中东问题也一并解决 |
[08:34] | It’s game theory with imperfect information, Will. | 我们这是不完全信息下的博弈 威尔 |
[08:38] | Why don’t we make it perfect? | 我们为何不交流一下 |
[08:40] | I thought you liked imperfect. | 你不是就喜欢不完全嘛 |
[08:41] | Poker over chess. | 扑克比象棋更有趣 |
[08:46] | You sure you’re on the right floor? | 你确定你没下错楼层? |
[08:47] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[08:49] | We used to settle a lot of things in the old days. | 我们以前这样解决了不少案子 |
[08:51] | We used to unsettle a lot of things, too. | 也有很多搞乱的 |
[08:53] | I’m going into my room now. | 我要回房了 |
[08:54] | You haven’t heard our case yet. It’s a good one. | 你还没听过我方的论据 很有说服力的 |
[08:57] | Then I can’t wait. Good-bye, Celeste. | 我都等不及了 再见 莎丽斯特 |
[08:59] | My number. | 我的电话 |
[09:01] | When you’re ready to negotiate. | 你准备跟我谈 就打给我 |
[09:22] | The whole weekend. | 整个周末吗 |
[09:25] | Maybe not the whole one. | 可能不用那么久 |
[09:25] | It’s hot, right? The nights are hot? | 很热 是不是 晚上很热吧 |
[09:27] | Oh, steaming. | 蒸笼似的 |
[09:29] | Sultry with the scent of jasmine, forbidden love. | 到处弥漫着茉莉香气 禁忌之恋 |
[09:34] | Coat, no coat? | 要不要外套 |
[09:35] | No coat. | 不用 |
[09:36] | You’re fine with this, right? | 你来帮我没问题吧 |
[09:38] | I just need someone with the kids through Sunday | 我只是需要周日有人陪着孩子们 |
[09:40] | Sure. The fun uncle. | 当然 搞怪叔叔 |
[09:42] | I’m the fun uncle. | 我是很会陪孩子的 |
[09:44] | – You and Will, in a hotel room. – Yes | -你跟威尔 在宾馆共处一室 -是的 |
[09:48] | Will, me, four lawyers, | 威尔 我 另外四个律师 |
[09:50] | six of their lawyers and a mediator | 对方六个律师 还有一个调解员 |
[09:52] | You and Will check out the hot tub. | 你跟威尔享受起鸳鸯浴 |
[09:53] | In a businessman’s hotel. | 那是个商务酒店 |
[09:55] | The best sex I ever had was in a businessman’s hotel. | 我最飘飘欲仙的一次性事 就是在商务酒店 |
[09:58] | Oh, okay. Can we not go there? | 好了 打住行吗 |
[10:01] | You are so funny. | 你真搞笑 |
[10:02] | You are the most prudish wanton woman I know. | 你是我认识的最会装正经的荡妇 |
[10:09] | Hey. What was that? | 你刚才是什么表情 |
[10:11] | What? Nothing. I have to go. | 没什么 我要走了 |
[10:13] | But you were about to say something. | 但你刚才明明要说什么的 |
[10:15] | You won’t get in a fight with Peter right? | 你跟彼特不会打架吧 |
[10:17] | He’s picking up the kids for dinner Saturday night. | 他周六晚上会过来接孩子吃晚饭 |
[10:19] | I didn’t mean it– | 刚才说你是荡妇 |
[10:21] | about the “wanton” | 只是说着玩的 |
[10:22] | Alicia, talk to me. | 艾丽西娅 跟我谈谈 |
[10:24] | Owen, I would if I had the time. | 欧文 有时间的话我会的 |
[10:26] | You have to wait for the elevator, | 你反正要等电梯 |
[10:28] | so talk to me here. | 那就跟我谈谈吧 |
[10:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:31] | You’re sleeping with Will, | 你跟威尔有一腿 |
[10:33] | which is why you left your husband. | 所以把你老公踢了 |
[10:36] | Oh, come on. | 说实话吧 |
[10:38] | I’ll call you later. | 再联系 |
[10:41] | Gretchen Battista. | 我是格雷琴·巴蒂斯塔 |
[10:43] | No, Kate retired three months ago. | 不 凯特三个月前退休了 |
[10:45] | I’m her replacement, Mr…. | 我接替了她 你是… |
[10:48] | Gardner. | 加德纳 |
[10:50] | Yeah, so you’ll be getting a package | 在大概一个小时后 |
[10:52] | in about an hour or so, Ms. Battista. | 你会收到一个包裹 巴蒂斯塔小姐 |
[10:54] | Just ignore it. | 无视就好 |
[10:55] | Oh, I already got it. | 我已经收到了 |
[10:57] | My parents drink Scotch. | 我父母爱喝苏格兰威士忌 |
[10:58] | They’ll be really grateful. | 他们肯定很感谢你 |
[11:00] | And what might you need? | 你想知道什么 |
[11:02] | You contacted my client | 你联系我的当事人 |
[11:03] | for a comment on the FDA investigation. | 问她对食品药物管理局调查结果的看法 |
[11:05] | I thought I might help. | 我想我能给你回答 |
[11:06] | You wouldn’t happen to be fishing for what I might know, | 你不会是想套我的话吧 |
[11:09] | would you, Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生 |
[11:11] | I might be. | 这可说不准 |
[11:12] | I just find it odd that you’d be | 我只是觉得奇怪 |
[11:14] | the only reporter leaked an FDA decision. | 你是唯一一位泄露管理局决定的记者 |
[11:16] | Maybe I’m just a better reporter. | 也许因为我是个有能力的记者 |
[11:17] | And maybe you have a source that’s lying | 也许是你的消息源在撒谎 |
[11:20] | and trying to undermine this negotiation. | 只为了破坏我们的谈判 |
[11:22] | So come in for an interview, and you can offer some context. | 那你来接受下采访吧 提供点信息 |
[11:26] | Okay. How about lunch on Monday? | 好的 周一一起吃午餐如何 |
[11:28] | Oh, you mean after my deadline? Oh, I don’t think so. | 在我给的最后期限之后吗 那可不行 |
[11:30] | How about in my office in one hour? | 一个小时后 在我办公室如何 |
[11:33] | Two hours. | 那就两小时后 |
[11:36] | I thought we had agreed this morning to lower your ask by $100,000. | 我记得今早我们达成共识降10万 |
[11:39] | Yes, and we reevaluated our position, | 是的 但我们重新评估了一下情况 |
[11:41] | and we’re staying with our original ask. | 我们要恢复到原来的要价 |
[11:47] | I’m glad you think it’s funny. | 很高兴你认为这很有趣 |
[11:48] | I thought we were making progress. | 我还以为我们有进展了 |
[11:51] | Oh, we are making progress. | 的确有进展了 |
[11:53] | Mr. Gardner has a tell. | 加德纳先生有个特点 |
[11:54] | When he’s in trouble, he doubles down. | 当他遇到麻烦 他就会加码 |
[11:57] | So we’re lowering our offer. | 那么我们要降低出价 |
[11:59] | You don’t think the issues here | 你不认为这些事很严肃 |
[12:01] | are too serious to treat like gambling? | 不能像赌博一样对待吗 |
[12:03] | No, gambling is too serious to treat like these issues. | 不 赌博比这些事严肃多了 |
[12:07] | We’re lowering our offer. | 我们要降低赔偿金额 |
[12:12] | You all right? | 你好吗 |
[12:14] | No. | 不好 |
[12:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:18] | Yeah. | 你好 |
[12:19] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[12:20] | Will wants me to get some inkling of their bottom line in mediation. | 威尔让我想办法探知对方的调解底线 |
[12:24] | – Why? – Eli needs your help. | -怎么了 -伊莱需要你的帮助 |
[12:26] | Heather Farms outside Bloomington. | 布鲁明顿郊外的欧石南庄园公司 |
[12:28] | The USDA is investigating this listeria outbreak, | 国家乳品协会正在调查利斯特菌病的爆发 |
[12:31] | and they tend to be slow. | 他们的调查速度会比较慢 |
[12:33] | Well, which takes priority, cheese or mediation? | 那么哪一件优先调查 奶酪还是调解 |
[12:37] | Both. | 都一样 |
[12:38] | All right, got it. | 好的 明白 |
[12:40] | I expect mediation to extend through the weekend at least, | 我预计调解至少能持续过这个周末 |
[12:42] | so, um, I will be… | 那么 我会… |
[12:46] | There is no Heather Farms. | 没有什么欧石南庄园公司 |
[12:48] | It’s just one division of Karpwell Foods. | 那只是卡普威尔食品公司的一个部门 |
[12:50] | And I don’t care. | 我不在乎这个 |
[12:50] | I’m not your rabbi, sir. | 我不是你的老师 先生 |
[12:52] | I’m merely trying to keep your cheese | 我只是要尽力避免你家的奶酪 |
[12:54] | from damaging the image of all cheeses. | 毁掉所有奶酪的形象 |
[12:56] | Well, I’m sorry you feel that way, but I do care. | 很遗憾你这么觉得 但我真的在乎 |
[12:59] | It’s not even clear that we’re responsible. | 甚至是否是我们的责任都不清楚 |
[13:01] | I mean, what else did these kids eat? | 我是说 那些孩子还吃什么了 |
[13:03] | That’s what I want to know. | 这是我想知道的 |
[13:04] | Oh, yes, that’s a great line of defense. | 这真是为自己辩解的好台词 |
[13:06] | With images like these, | 有这样的画面 |
[13:07] | people love to hear that the kids are really the problem. | 人们真是愿意听你说 孩子自己才是问题所在 |
[13:10] | Do you know who Tony Hayward is? | 你知道唐熙华是谁吗 |
[13:11] | Do I… | 我… |
[13:13] | Yes, he’s the CEO of British Petroleum. | 知道 他是英石油的CEO |
[13:15] | No, ex-CEO of BP. | 不 英石油的前CEO |
[13:17] | The man who many think oversaw the destruction of a brand. | 很多人认为他促成了一个品牌的毁灭 |
[13:19] | So first thing’s first, we work on your attitude. | 那么首先 我们先要纠正你的态度 |
[13:22] | Excuse me? I think we need to work on… | 什么 我认为我们需要… |
[13:24] | Look, I don’t have time to argue with you. | 听着 我没时间和你争论 |
[13:26] | The first rule of managing a crisis: | 危机管理第一条规则是 |
[13:27] | the top man answers the questions. | 老大出面回答问题 |
[13:29] | That is the only reason you’re here, | 这是你在这里的唯一原因 |
[13:31] | that is the only reason I am talking to you. | 这是我现在和你谈话的唯一原因 |
[13:33] | So, in ten minutes time, you’re giving a press conference | 十分钟后 你要出席记者发布会 |
[13:35] | where you’ll order all your cheese products off the shelves. | 你要宣布 把你家所有奶酪制品撤架 |
[13:38] | We need a split screen of that image with you looking strong– | 尽管这些画面很不利 但你必须显得很坚毅 |
[13:42] | wrong tie, get him a red tie– | 领带不对 给他拿条红领带来 |
[13:44] | then you’ll apologize for any missteps | 然后你要为所有过失道歉 |
[13:46] | and say the buck stops here. | 说没有其他人的责任 |
[13:47] | Actually, he can’t do that. | 事实上 他不能这么做 |
[13:50] | Actually, he can and he will. | 他能 他会这么做 |
[13:51] | No, legally, he’s in a very vulnerable spot. | 不 从法律上来说 他处境堪忧 |
[13:54] | He can’t be out there apologizing and taking blame. | 他不能出去道歉揽责任上身 |
[13:56] | He’s gonna get sued no matter what. | 不管怎样他是惹定官司了 |
[13:58] | Yes, but the size of the suit is still in question. | 是 但官司的规模还不一定 |
[14:00] | I don’t care about the size of the suit, Diane. | 戴安 我不在乎官司的规模 |
[14:01] | Yes, Eli, but I do. | 是的 伊莱 但是我在乎 |
[14:02] | I’ll just sit here then. | 我就光坐这儿行了 |
[14:03] | Diane, you’re only here as window dressing. | 戴安 你在这儿就是装饰门面的 |
[14:05] | You’re only here to keep us from getting subpoenaed. | 你只管确保这里进行的谈话可以保密就好 |
[14:07] | No, I’m here as their lawyer. You’re working the images… | 不 我是他们的律师 你管形象 |
[14:09] | And the images take precedent right now. | 现在形象大于一切 |
[14:11] | – Eli, listen to me… – He won’t have a business unless he… | -伊莱 听我… -他想继续做生意 就必须… |
[14:14] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Protopapas. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:16] | Dr. Farland was stopping by for lunch. | 法兰德医生顺路过来吃午饭 |
[14:19] | But if you have any questions… | 不过如果你有任何疑问… |
[14:22] | Ms. Serrano, could I speak with you? | 塞拉诺女士 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[14:24] | – This is really inappropriate. – We were having lunch. | -这非常不合适 -我们在吃午饭 |
[14:26] | It’s been on the books for weeks. | 这是早就约好了的 |
[14:28] | I am not listening to any evidence off the record, ma’am. | 女士 我不会听任何记录以外的证据 |
[14:30] | And I am not offering any. I’m standing on the record. | 我并没有啊 我根据的都是记录在案的 |
[14:34] | So is the plaintiff. | 原告也是 |
[14:35] | And they offer a convincing case. | 他们提供了很有说服力的论据 |
[14:36] | An easily-refuted case. | 是很容易被推翻的论据 |
[14:38] | Mrs. Reeves is responsible for her own condition. | 里夫斯夫人应为她自己的状况负责 |
[14:43] | How do you figure? | 你怎么知道 |
[14:44] | Deposition 200, page 14. | 证词第200条 14页 |
[14:45] | It’s so key, I know it from memory. | 这条特关键 我都能背过 |
[14:47] | “Question: If there’s nothing wrong with your device, Doctor, | “问: 医生 如果你的设备没问题 |
[14:51] | how did it malfunction?” | 怎么会出故障呢” |
[14:52] | It didn’t malfunction. | 它没出故障 |
[14:53] | Even the best SCSs | 即使是最好的脊髓电刺激器 |
[14:55] | are prone to lead migration. | 也可能会出现导线移位 |
[14:56] | And a lead is…? | 意思是? |
[14:57] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:59] | When the electrical leads don’t stay where intended. | 如果电导线没有待在应待的地方 |
[15:02] | It’s usually not serious, | 一般不很严重 |
[15:03] | but in the case of Maggie, it became quite serious | 在玛姬的个案中 却变得非常严重 |
[15:06] | because the problem went undetected for so long. | 因为问题很长时间都没被发现 |
[15:08] | That’s what caused the infection, | 所以引起感染 |
[15:10] | which caused the permanent damage to her spine. | 而感染又对她的脊柱造成了永久性损害 |
[15:13] | And why did it go undetected? | 为何一直没发现 |
[15:14] | Well, I prescribed hydromorphone for any topical pain from the surgery, | 对于术后局部疼痛的患者 我会给开氢吗啡酮 |
[15:18] | but Mrs. Reeves– I’m sorry to say this– | 但是里夫斯太太 我很抱歉这么说 |
[15:21] | but she continued to use the painkiller long afterward. | 她此后很长时间一直继续使用这种止痛药 |
[15:24] | So, if Mrs. Reeves hadn’t overmedicated herself, | 那么如果里夫斯太太没有过度用药 |
[15:28] | she would have noticed the infection | 她就会注意到感染问题 |
[15:29] | and come to you for her SCS adjustment? | 并且来找你调整她的脊髓电刺激器了? |
[15:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:33] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Reeves, | 我很抱歉 里夫斯太太 |
[15:34] | but it’s true. | 但这是事实 |
[15:36] | Oh, come on. | 算了吧 |
[15:37] | Why not blame the victim for having pain in the first place? | 干脆怪罪受害人的疼痛本身算了 |
[15:40] | Yes, but is it true? | 是 但这是真的吗 |
[15:41] | The device malfunctioned, the pain returned. | 设备出了故障 她又开始疼痛 |
[15:43] | Only then did Maggie take the painkillers. | 她这才开始吃止疼药 |
[15:45] | Celeste reverses it so she can make it | 莎丽斯特本末倒置 使得看起来就好像 |
[15:46] | seem like the painkillers caused the problem. | 是止疼药引起了问题 |
[15:51] | If I can get her up to eight million, will you say yes? | 如果我让她抬到800万 你们会同意吗 |
[15:54] | Is she offering eight million? | 她提出800万了吗 |
[15:55] | Will you accept it? | 你们会接受吗 |
[15:56] | If you’re asking for our bottom line, then no. | 如果你是在问我们的底线 那么不 |
[16:00] | We can’t give you our bottom line | 我们不能给你底线 |
[16:01] | or they’ll use it against us. | 否则他们会利用这个对付我们 |
[16:05] | Where’s Kalinda? | 凯琳达在哪儿 |
[16:06] | I thought she was looking into their bottom line. | 我以为她在探他们的底线呢 |
[16:08] | I’ll call. Where are you going? | 我给她打个电话 你去哪儿 |
[16:09] | To meet a reporter. | 去见个记者 |
[16:12] | Tonight, school officials are reassuring parents | 今晚 校方向家长保证 |
[16:14] | that all cheese has been removed from the school lunch menu | 就目前而言 学校的午餐已经 |
[16:17] | for the time being. | 把所有的奶酪撤掉 |
[16:19] | It’s not yet clear whether cheese at neighboring schools | 现在还不清楚此地区附近的学校 |
[16:22] | and stores in the area may also be tainted. | 和商店的奶酪是否也受到了污染 |
[16:24] | Grace! | 格蕾丝 |
[16:26] | Stop eating the pizza! | 别吃披萨了 |
[16:28] | Really? | 当真 |
[16:29] | You were the bad one? | 当年你是坏孩子? |
[16:31] | Well, yeah, I was. | 是的 |
[16:34] | Don’t I seem like I was the bad one? | 难道我看起来不像吗 |
[16:36] | So, in what way bad? | 那么 怎么坏法呢 |
[16:37] | Mm, no, you don’t want to hear this. | 不 你还是不知道的好 |
[16:40] | No, I do want to hear this. | 不 我确实想知道 |
[16:45] | Ecstasy. | 嗑摇头丸 |
[16:47] | Driving my car into a lake, stealing stuff, juvie. | 把车开到湖里 偷东西 少管所 |
[16:51] | And Mom? | 妈妈呢 |
[16:52] | She was perfect. | 她很完美 |
[16:56] | Homework done, room clean, never did drugs. | 按时作业 清扫房间 从不吸毒 |
[16:58] | Never did anything. | 绝不逾矩半步 |
[17:01] | She’s still like that. | 她现在还是老样子 |
[17:04] | She was a good sister. | 她是个好姐姐 |
[17:06] | Always covering for me. | 总是保护我 |
[17:07] | You guys have a good mom. | 你们俩有个好妈妈 |
[17:12] | Grace’s tutor. | 格雷斯的家教在这里 |
[17:25] | Hello! Hello. Can we turn it down? | 嗨 能把音量调小点吗 |
[17:28] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:30] | We’re almost done. | 我们快好了 |
[17:32] | So you’re the, uh, the tutor? | 你是她的家教吗 |
[17:34] | Uh-huh. | 是的 |
[17:35] | What subject? | 教什么科目 |
[17:37] | Uh, physics. | 物理 |
[17:39] | And just science. | 和理科相关的 |
[17:41] | Really? | 是吗 |
[17:42] | Where do you go to school? | 你在哪里上学 |
[17:44] | Uh, U of C. | 芝加哥大学 |
[17:47] | And, um… | 那… |
[17:51] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[17:52] | We’re making a video. | 我们在做视频 |
[17:54] | We’re done with all my homework. | 作业已经做完了 |
[17:55] | Uh-huh. Got it. | 知道了 |
[17:56] | Understood. | 我懂的 |
[17:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[18:07] | Pretty… | 这些动作… |
[18:09] | provocative stuff. | 非常挑逗 |
[18:13] | It’s just street dancing. | 只是街舞罢了 |
[18:14] | Yeah, just freestyle. | 是的 自由奔放 |
[18:22] | Dad slept with somebody else. | 我爸还和别的人上过床 |
[18:28] | Dad. He slept with someone other than the hooker. | 我爸 除了那个妓女 他还和别人上过床 |
[18:31] | He… | 他… |
[18:35] | How do we know? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[18:36] | He told me. | 他告诉我的 |
[18:38] | That’s why Mom kicked him out. | 这是我妈把他赶出去的原因 |
[18:40] | You didn’t know that? | 你不知道吗 |
[18:44] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[18:51] | What are they saying? | 他们怎么说 |
[18:53] | They think it was an improper cleaning of the culture vats in Line Six. | 他们认为是6号生产线上的发酵缸清洁不当 |
[18:56] | You sound like you don’t agree. | 听上去你不同意这说法 |
[18:57] | Well, I clean Line Six with peroxyacetic acid | 每次发酵结束 我都用 |
[19:00] | and quaternary ammonium after every culture. | 过氧乙酸和季铵为六号生产线消毒 |
[19:03] | They’re not gonna find listeria there. | 他们不可能再那里检测到利斯特菌 |
[19:04] | Where else could listeria come from? | 利斯特菌还可能来自哪里 |
[19:07] | We keep these units accurate to one degree either way. | 我们将这些设备精确调整到同一温度 |
[19:11] | I don’t think it was a refrigeration problem. | 我认为不是冷藏的问题 |
[19:13] | So what do you think? | 那你觉得是什么问题 |
[19:15] | I think it used to be an easy job to find the source. | 搁在以前 找问题缘由很轻松 |
[19:18] | Now you got some of these cheeses– | 但如今这些奶酪 |
[19:20] | they’re a blend of three or four lines from three or four companies. | 是经过三四家公司的三四条生产线 生产出的 |
[19:23] | So all I can say is good luck. | 我能说的就只有祝你好运了 |
[19:25] | Damn. Are you sure? | 该死 你确定吗 |
[19:27] | Uh, Eli, you know this is a good thing, right? | 伊莱 你不觉得这是好消息吗 |
[19:30] | It looks like your client isn’t responsible for the listeria. | 看上去你的委托人不必为利斯特菌负责了 |
[19:33] | Kalinda, this is not the law. | 凯琳达 这可不是打官司 |
[19:34] | I’m not looking for innocence, I’m looking for certainty. | 我要的不是无罪判决 而是确定性 |
[19:36] | The whole point is to bury this story with an apology, | 事情关键就是 用道歉结束这次事件 |
[19:39] | then move on. | 然后翻过这一页 |
[19:40] | So you want our guy to be guilty? | 那么 你希望责任在他? |
[19:43] | No, I want it to be over. | 不 我想让这事结束 |
[19:45] | I don’t want to train another CEO | 我可不想明天再教其它公司的CEO |
[19:48] | from some other company tomorrow to take the blame. | 怎么承担过错 |
[19:49] | – He can’t say this. – He has to say it. | -他不能这么说 -他必须这么说 |
[19:51] | No, he can say, “I offer my deepest, | 不 他该说 “我对这些受害家庭 |
[19:53] | sincerest sympathies to the families.” | 深表同情” |
[19:55] | And, “I’m doing everything I can | 然后 “我正在尽我所能地 |
[19:57] | – to trace the source of our missteps.” – No. | -追查我们发生过失的原因” -不行 |
[19:59] | “The source of the outbreak… | 应该是”食物中毒爆发的原因” |
[20:00] | Really? Really, Diane? | 真要这样吗 戴安 |
[20:02] | He can’t say anything that sounds like an admission… | 他不能说任何听上去像认罪的话 |
[20:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:04] | I am doing everything I can | 我正在尽我所能地 |
[20:06] | to trace the source of the outbreak. | 追查食物中毒爆发的原因 |
[20:07] | Heather Farms is committed to finding the root of this… | 欧石南庄园正致力于找出这起事故根源… |
[20:10] | So why should I hold your story? | 我为什么要压住这个消息 |
[20:12] | Well, the Scotch for one. | 第一我送了你苏格兰威士忌 |
[20:14] | And because it’s not true. | 第二那个消息不是真的 |
[20:15] | It’s not true that Dr. Farland’s being investigated? | 法兰德医生被调查这事 是假的? |
[20:17] | No, it’s not true the investigation is going Farland’s way. | 调查结果对法兰德有利 这是假的 |
[20:21] | And you know this how? | 你是怎么知道这个的 |
[20:22] | I know this because I can see who has an agenda. | 因为我知道谁有动机 |
[20:25] | – In this case, the defense. – Heads up. | -也就是被告方 -当心 |
[20:27] | Why should I care? | 我为什么要在乎这个 |
[20:28] | Because I can make you care. | 因为我会让你在乎的 |
[20:31] | Okay. | 说来听听 |
[20:32] | I’ll give you complete back channel on the case. | 我会提供你这件案子的完全内幕 |
[20:35] | Uh, as pulse-racing as that is, | 虽然这很令人动心 |
[20:39] | get me back channel on this. | 但我要这个的内幕 |
[20:41] | Your computer? | 你的电脑吗 |
[20:42] | Mm, no, the cheese thing. | 不是 是奶酪事件 |
[20:44] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[20:45] | The listeria outbreak. | 利斯特菌大爆发 |
[20:47] | All the sick kids, some were hospitalized… | 那么多孩子中毒 还有些住院了… |
[20:50] | Eli Gold is part of your firm, right? | 伊莱·戈德是你们律所的吧 |
[20:55] | I’ll delay my story, | 我会延迟报道发表 |
[20:57] | you get me the back channel ticktock on the crisis managing. | 你要给我这次危机管理的详细内幕 |
[21:00] | I’ll have to talk to Eli. | 我得和伊莱谈谈 |
[21:01] | Well, then it wouldn’t be a back channel, would it? | 那就不是内幕了 不是吗 |
[21:05] | Get me something behind the scenes. | 给我一些幕后的消息 |
[21:08] | Let me see what I can do. | 我会尽力 |
[21:10] | Oh, and by the way, uh, | 还有 |
[21:12] | it’s not the FDA investigation that’s concluding. | 这事并不是食品药物管理局的调查结果说的 |
[21:15] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:16] | The call I got was about the State’s Attorney. | 我接到的电话是关于州检察官的 |
[21:19] | Turns out, | 结果是 |
[21:20] | they decided not to bring fraud charges against Dr. Farland. | 他们决定不以欺诈罪名指控法兰德医生 |
[21:33] | May I help you? | 有什么我可以帮你的吗 |
[21:35] | You may. | 有 |
[21:36] | I need information about a fraud investigation. | 我需要关于某桩欺诈案调查的信息 |
[21:43] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[21:44] | Am I sure I have nothing to offer you about our fraud investigation? I am. | 我是否确定提供不了欺诈案调查的信息? 对 |
[21:48] | We just need to know if this leak to Gretchen Battista | 我们只想知道泄露给格雷琴·巴蒂斯塔的 |
[21:51] | was faked, Cary, that’s all. | 这消息是否为假 凯里 就这些 |
[21:53] | And if it was, then we need to get her to hold her story. | 如果是假的 我们就得让她压住这消息 |
[21:55] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[21:58] | I still have nothing. | 可是我还是没有信息 |
[22:02] | How have you been? | 最近过得好吗 |
[22:04] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[22:06] | Kalinda, you can fake somebody else, but you can’t fake me. | 凯琳达 你可以骗过其他人却骗不了我 |
[22:09] | What am I faking? | 我在假装什么 |
[22:10] | Interest, concern, friendship. | 假装对我感兴趣 关心我 和我是朋友 |
[22:14] | And what if I’m not? | 要是我没在装呢 |
[22:15] | Then let’s be friends. | 那我们就成朋友了 |
[22:19] | But I still don’t have anything for you | 但是关于这起欺诈案调查 |
[22:20] | about this fraud investigation. | 我还是没有东西能提供给你 |
[22:21] | Check with Matan; it’s his case. | 去找马坦吧 这是他的案子 |
[22:22] | Hmm, he’s no use. | 不 他没什么用 |
[22:24] | Because he doesn’t want to sleep with you? | 因为他不想和你上床吗 |
[22:28] | But you do? | 但是你想是吗 |
[22:30] | I’m merely making an observation. | 我只是在评论一件事 |
[22:31] | And what observation might that be? | 什么评论 |
[22:34] | You tend to use people’s feelings to further your investigations. | 你会利用别人的感情 帮助自己的调查 |
[22:41] | You think that’s what I did with you? | 你觉得我这么对你了吗 |
[22:44] | I think I have to get back to work. | 我想我该工作了 |
[22:47] | Cary, whatever I felt, I didn’t invent. | 凯里 我对你从没有伪装什么 |
[22:49] | That’s great to know, Kalinda. | 很高兴知道这点 凯琳达 |
[22:51] | Now I have to get back to work and I think you do, too. | 现在我要继续工作了 你应该也是 |
[22:56] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[23:02] | The CEO questioned the need to recall all cheese products, | 这位CEO驳称 回收所有奶酪制品并不必要 |
[23:04] | suggesting that the listeria victims themselves | 同时暗示食物中毒的起因 |
[23:07] | could have been responsible for the sickness. | 可能在受害者自己 |
[23:09] | I don’t know that much about it at this point, | 现在我还不知道详细情况 |
[23:11] | but I-I would love to know what else those kids were eating | 但我希望知道孩子们还吃过什么 |
[23:13] | because I don’t think it’s just the cheese. | 因为我认为不会只吃了奶酪 |
[23:15] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[23:16] | Look, I think it’s a little premature at this point… | 我认为现在谈这些为时过早 |
[23:18] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼啊 |
[23:20] | What the hell?! | 你搞什么鬼 |
[23:21] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[23:23] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[23:25] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[23:26] | I-I said exactly what you told me… | 我完全是按照你说的… |
[23:28] | “I don’t know enough, but what else did these kids eat”? | “我还不太清楚 但孩子们还吃过什么”? |
[23:30] | You know what you do when you don’t know enough? | 你知不知道 自己不懂的话 应该怎么做 |
[23:32] | You shut the hell up. | 就是闭上自己的臭嘴 |
[23:33] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那样说 |
[23:35] | With a garbage bag in your hand? | 手里还拿了个垃圾袋 |
[23:36] | What are you, Chico and the Man? | 你想当小丑吗 |
[23:38] | Oh, that– that was in the morning, before I met you. | 那是早晨的事 当时我还没见你 |
[23:41] | The press was in front of my house. | 记者都围在我家门口 |
[23:43] | They’re playing it like you just said it. | 他们播得就像你是才说的 |
[23:45] | They can’t do that. | 他们不能这样 |
[23:46] | Oh, where do you live– Fairyland? | 活得现实点吧 |
[23:48] | Of course they can do that. | 他们当然能这样 |
[23:50] | Okay, Eli, what now? | 好了 伊莱 现在怎么办 |
[23:51] | Well, he’s burned as a spokesman. | 他的形象已经毁了 |
[23:53] | You’re going to have to get | 你得迅速把 |
[23:53] | all the cheese off all the shelves in Illinois. | 伊利诺伊所有奶酪全都撤架 |
[23:56] | No, I don’t think that’s possible. | 我认为这是不可能的 |
[23:57] | He just blamed the victim. It just became possible. | 他对受害者的指责 让这成为可能了 |
[24:02] | Owen, thank you so much. | 欧文 太感谢了 |
[24:04] | I’ve been in mediation all day, couldn’t get away. | 我整天都在参加调解 抽不了身 |
[24:07] | How are the kids? | 孩子们怎么样 |
[24:08] | Good. | 很好 |
[24:09] | Grace is bonding with a shy dance teacher | 格蕾丝和一个羞嗒嗒爱跳舞的家教黏在一起 |
[24:12] | and Peter told Zach that he slept with another woman. | 彼得告诉扎克他和另一个女人上过床 |
[24:16] | What? | 什么 |
[24:18] | Oh, Grace is bonding with a… | 格蕾丝和那个… |
[24:20] | No, what did Peter say? | 不是这个 彼得说了什么 |
[24:22] | Oh, yeah, he told Zach, your son, that he, Peter, | 他告诉扎克 你儿子 他 彼得 |
[24:26] | was at fault for you kicking him out | 之所以被你踢出家门 |
[24:27] | ’cause he slept with somebody else, | 是因为他和其他人有染 |
[24:29] | and so now I’m wondering who that somebody else was. | 所以现在我很好奇那个人是谁 |
[24:34] | – Zach told you this? – He did. | -这是扎克告诉你的? -没错 |
[24:38] | And what did Zach say to him? | 那扎克怎么回答他的 |
[24:41] | To Pe– nothing. | 回答彼… 没说什么 |
[24:42] | I think he just took it in. | 估计他就是听在心里了 |
[24:43] | So who, who is it? | 那个人是谁 |
[24:47] | – I have to go back to work. – Come on, | -我得回去工作了 -拜托 |
[24:49] | Alicia, work is like this new avoidance tactic for you. | 艾丽西娅 你永远都拿工作当借口 |
[24:52] | Is Zach all right? | 扎克没事吧 |
[24:54] | Zach’s fine. | 他没事 |
[24:54] | Zach… he’s, he’s wondering how you are. | 扎克在担心你怎么样 |
[24:56] | How… how are you? | 你还好吗 |
[24:58] | I’ve got to get back to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[25:13] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[25:17] | Kuhn? | 库恩(一种纸牌游戏) |
[25:18] | Yep, I think you were up by 32 last time we played. | 我记得上次你赢了32 |
[25:23] | Nine years ago? | 9年前吗 |
[25:24] | That’s right, you always hated my memory thing. | 没错 你老是嫌我记性太好 |
[25:27] | One Cheerio ante? | 赌一颗爆米球? |
[25:28] | Two– inflation. | 两颗 通货膨胀了 |
[25:34] | So I heard you got married. | 听说你结婚了 |
[25:35] | Twice. | 两次 |
[25:37] | Heard you didn’t. | 听说你没结婚 |
[25:44] | You were always bad at bluffing. | 你还是不怎么会唬人 |
[25:48] | Who’s the lady friend? | 你那位女朋友是谁 |
[25:51] | – The…? – The lawyer. | -哪位… -那个律师 |
[25:53] | I get a strong possessive sense there. | 我能感受到那股强烈的占有欲 |
[25:56] | You’re not going to say? | 你不坦白交代吗 |
[25:58] | I say either way, you’ll use it in negotiations. | 不管我怎么说 你都会拿来当谈判筹码的 |
[26:07] | Call. | 跟 |
[26:13] | So how do you know Gretchen? | 你怎么认识格雷琴的 |
[26:15] | Gretchen? | 格雷琴? |
[26:17] | The reporter. Through your firm? | 那个记者 通过律所? |
[26:21] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[26:23] | Hmm, so are we gonna play cards all night | 我们是要玩一晚上的牌 |
[26:25] | or are we gonna negotiate? | 还是进行谈判 |
[26:26] | How about both? | 同时进行如何 |
[26:29] | You lose this hand, | 这把你要是输了 |
[26:30] | you convince your client to take my deal. | 你就说服你的委托人接受我的条件 |
[26:32] | I lose this hand, | 要是我输了 |
[26:33] | I convince my client to take your deal. | 我就说服我的委托人接受你的条件 |
[26:37] | What deal? | 条件是什么 |
[26:38] | $10 million. | 1000万偿金 |
[26:41] | And if I lose? | 我输了呢 |
[26:43] | She takes $500,000. | 50万 |
[26:46] | So that’s your bottom line, huh, $10 million? | 所以1000万是你们的底线? |
[26:52] | I miss you, Will, I really do. | 我很想你 威尔 真的 |
[26:54] | Why did you drop out? | 你当时为什么放弃了 |
[26:57] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[26:58] | Moved on. | 我前进了 |
[27:00] | To…? | 然后… |
[27:01] | Adulthood. | 变成成年人了 |
[27:04] | As I remember, we did some pretty adult things ourselves. | 我记得我们做过不少成年人的事情 |
[27:09] | Come on, one bet. | 来吧 一局定胜负 |
[27:11] | We settle this like adults. | 像成年人一样解决问题 |
[27:14] | No mediator. | 面对面 |
[27:16] | Your lady friend will be so impressed | 如果你拿着1000万出现在她门口 |
[27:19] | when you show up at her door with $10 million in your hand. | 你女朋友一定会喜出望外的 |
[27:24] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[27:27] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[27:28] | Where’s the old Will? | 以前的威尔哪里去了 |
[27:30] | Embrace the risk. | 孤注一掷嘛 |
[27:32] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[27:34] | Wuss. | 没种 |
[27:37] | Too bad, you would have won. | 真不幸 你本来能赢的 |
[27:55] | Anything? | 有进展吗 |
[27:57] | They want to pay $500,000, | 他们想的是50万 |
[28:00] | but they’re willing to go to $10 million. | 但他们的底线可以接受1000万 |
[28:04] | – You’re kidding? – Nope. | -你开玩笑吧 -没 |
[28:06] | We were willing to take $5 million. | 我们原本500万都能接受 |
[28:11] | The only bad news is, I don’t think she planted | 唯一的坏消息是 格雷琴的消息 |
[28:14] | the story with Gretchen, | 不是从她那儿来的 |
[28:16] | but I can’t tell. | 但我无法确定 |
[28:18] | She’s a good bluffer. | 她很会虚张声势 |
[28:20] | Anything else? | 还有其它的吗 |
[28:22] | Yeah, she’s gonna try to play you. | 有 她打算从你入手 |
[28:26] | In what way? | 怎么打算的 |
[28:27] | Jealousy. | 让你吃醋 |
[28:29] | Using your past? | 用你的过去? |
[28:31] | – To what end? – Rattle you, | -目的呢 -激怒你 |
[28:33] | get you to admit the bottom line just for the kick of it. | 让你说出底线 满足她的好胜心 |
[28:38] | So you and her, huh? | 你和她是吧 |
[28:40] | Two years. | 两年 |
[28:42] | I just don’t see it. | 真看不出来 |
[28:43] | I was a different person. | 我变化很大 |
[28:45] | – And she’s the same? – Oh, yeah. | -她还是老样子? -是的 |
[28:48] | Well… | 那么… |
[28:53] | What if I play jealous… | 我是不是应该假装吃醋 |
[29:00] | …for the mediator? | 演给调解员看呢 |
[29:04] | Maybe you should. | 也许可以 |
[29:23] | Tantric sex. | 养性健身术 |
[29:25] | No, sex sex. | 不 直接性就好 |
[29:26] | No, no, tantric sex. | 不不 养性健身术 |
[29:29] | You have to eschew frictional orgasm | 我们要克制肉体高潮 |
[29:31] | for a higher form of ecstasy. | 追求更高层次的享受 |
[29:33] | No, can’t we have a little frictional orgasm? | 就来一点点肉体高潮好不好 |
[29:36] | We don’t touch, we don’t undress. | 我们不摸 不脱 |
[29:39] | We talk about our childhoods, | 我们可以聊聊各自的童年 |
[29:41] | anything but sex. | 除了性 什么都行 |
[29:43] | Delaying gratification is to increase gratification. | 迟些性满足 会带来更大的性满足 |
[29:47] | Yeah, but I’ve spent the last three hours doing laundry, | 没错 但我这3个小时一直在洗衣服 |
[29:50] | and the kids are gonna be home in a couple of hours, | 而孩子们几小时后就要回来了 |
[29:52] | so I don’t really have time for delayed gratification. | 所以我真的没有时间迟些性满足 |
[29:56] | They’re home early. | 他们提早回来了 |
[30:01] | Oh, Owen. | 欧文 |
[30:02] | Hello. What a surprise. | 你好 吓了我一跳 |
[30:05] | Uh, how are you? | 你好吗 |
[30:06] | Jackie, how… funny. | 杰姬 这么巧啊 |
[30:09] | Yes, so Peter asked me to pick up Zach and Grace. | 彼得叫我来接扎克和格蕾丝 |
[30:11] | I hope you don’t mind, I have my old key. | 希望你别介意 我有这里的钥匙 |
[30:14] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[30:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:19] | My name is Finn. | 我叫芬恩 |
[30:20] | Uh, Finn’s a friend of mine from school. | 芬恩是我在学校的朋友 |
[30:23] | Jackie, you’re a little early. | 杰姬 你来得有点早 |
[30:24] | Yes, well, I thought I’d clean up. | 是 我是想来打扫打扫 |
[30:26] | It always gets so messy here. | 这里总是很乱 |
[30:28] | But, um, why don’t I come back later? | 但 我还是待会再来吧 |
[30:30] | No, no, sit down, talk with us. | 别 坐下来和我们聊聊 |
[30:34] | You must have incredible stories to tell about your life. | 你这个岁数 一定有许多精彩绝伦的经历 |
[30:37] | Finn, Jackie’s early. | 芬恩 杰姬来早了 |
[30:39] | She needs to go. | 她得走了 |
[30:40] | No, no, thi-this is a perfect moment for us to learn about her past. | 不用 这正是我们了解她过去的好时机 |
[30:46] | Tell us about your childhood. | 给我们讲讲你的童年 |
[30:48] | My childhood? | 我的童年? |
[30:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:50] | Where should I start? | 该从哪说起呢 |
[30:52] | Chicago was very different when I was a girl. | 我少女时代的芝加哥和现在非常不同 |
[30:55] | No, mommy will help you. | 不 妈妈会帮你 |
[30:57] | No, Mommy will. | 她会的 |
[30:59] | I have to go. | 我得挂了 |
[31:01] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[31:03] | Kids? | 孩子? |
[31:04] | Boy and girl. | 一个儿子一个女儿 |
[31:06] | You think this mediation is hard? | 调解和那俩小鬼头比根本不算什么 |
[31:09] | I’m really sorry about all of this. | 真抱歉让你这么为难 |
[31:13] | Hey, they’re all tough. | 这种案子都不好搞 |
[31:15] | We just have to remain human. | 但是 我们良知不能丢 |
[31:17] | How do we do that? | 这该怎么做 |
[31:19] | Find a box for this | 把事情搞定 |
[31:21] | and keep it in that box. | 别再往下了 |
[31:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:27] | No change that you’re gonna find | 我们是不会再让步了 |
[31:29] | We are not paying a cent above her medical bills. | 除了她的医药费 我们多一分都不会付的 |
[31:33] | Then let’s go to court. | 那就法庭上见 |
[31:33] | You failed, Will. | 你失败了 威尔 |
[31:35] | – Just face the fact. – Okay, stop. | -面对现实吧 -都打住 |
[31:36] | How did I…? | 我怎么会… |
[31:38] | The point of bringing you two together is to talk, not to shout. | 让你俩面对面是为了交谈的 而不是吵架 |
[31:41] | I know what it looks like when he fails, | 他每次失败的作风我是清楚的 |
[31:42] | and he is failing. | 这次他输定了 |
[31:44] | Alicia, talk to him. | 艾丽西娅 劝劝他 |
[31:48] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[31:49] | I’m just saying, Will and I talked last night… | 我只是说 威尔和我昨晚谈过了 |
[31:52] | – Celeste… – What? | -莎丽斯特 -怎么 |
[31:53] | And we were trying to negotiate a deal, | 我们试图把条件谈妥 |
[31:55] | but clearly his ego got in the way, | 但很明显他的自负导致我们谈不成 |
[31:57] | and I used to be able to talk to him. | 我以前能和他谈话的 |
[31:59] | I can’t talk to him now, | 但现在我和他说不清楚了 |
[32:00] | – so you’ll have to talk to him. – Celeste, what are you doing? | -所以你得劝劝他 -莎丽斯特 你在干什么 |
[32:02] | I’m talking to her. | 我就是和她说说 |
[32:05] | I’m just saying that Will and I got together, | 我只是说 以前威尔和我在一起 |
[32:09] | we had a productive session, that’s all, | 是富有成效的 就这样 |
[32:11] | and I was thinking we should do that again. | 我本觉得 应该再次好好合作 |
[32:14] | Okay, I think we’ve taken a turn towards the personal, | 我觉得事态开始转向私人恩怨了 |
[32:17] | and what I think we should maybe… | 我觉得我们应该… |
[32:18] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[32:28] | Okay, you want to be productive? | 你想富有成效是吧 |
[32:31] | Let’s be productive. | 那咱就来富有成效一把 |
[32:32] | You already tried the blame-the-victim defense | 你们已经试过虚构受害者过量服用止痛药 |
[32:35] | with your painkiller O.D. Fiction. | 来为自己辩解 |
[32:37] | – That didn’t work. – Who’s saying it didn’t work? | -没有奏效 -谁说没奏效 |
[32:39] | I am. | 我说的 |
[32:43] | Well, we’ll prove the opposite in court. | 那我们就在法庭上证明你错了 |
[32:46] | No, you won’t. | 你证明不了 |
[32:49] | I know the judge. He won’t allow it. | 我了解那法官 他不会许可的 |
[32:53] | So maybe you should raise. | 也许你该提高赔偿金 |
[32:58] | Jason Doyle. | 杰森·多伊尔 |
[33:00] | Zuggler Med project manager. | 祖格勒制药公司的项目经理 |
[33:02] | Deposition 207, page 13. | 证词第207条 第13页 |
[33:05] | What’s this? The backup plan? | 又在搞什么 你们的B计划吗 |
[33:07] | “Question: So you believe you were within your rights | “问: 那么你坚信你有权利 |
[33:10] | “to manufacture this SCS device, | 制造这个脊髓电刺激器设备 |
[33:12] | “and Dr. Farland was within his rights | 法兰德医生有权 |
[33:14] | to implant it in his patient”” | 为其病人植入此设备” |
[33:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[33:17] | According to the FDA’s own rules. | 这符合食品药物管理局自己的规定 |
[33:18] | But Mr. Gardner seemed to imply | 但加德纳先生 |
[33:20] | that Dr. Farland was Josef Mengele. | 似乎将法兰德医生 比作了约瑟夫·门格勒 |
[33:24] | Josef…? | 约瑟夫 |
[33:25] | The… | 那个… |
[33:27] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[33:29] | FDA rules say | 食品药物管理局规定 |
[33:30] | that you were within your rights to manufacture this device, correct? | 你们有权利制造此设备 对吗 |
[33:34] | Yes. They allow manufacturers, like ourselves, to decide | 是的 他们允许我们这些制造商 |
[33:38] | which devices need to be submitted to them for approval. | 决定哪些设备需要申报许可 |
[33:41] | And if a new device is merely a minor modification, | 如果一个新设备只是进行了小改进 |
[33:45] | then, according to FDA guidelines, | 根据食品药物管理局的准则 |
[33:47] | it doesn’t need approval. | 不需要申请许可 |
[33:49] | Ms. Serrano’s reading is surprisingly selective. | 塞拉诺女士可真会选择性阅读 |
[33:52] | Why don’t you keep going? | 怎么不继续读下去 |
[33:55] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[33:58] | That? It’s a BR1. It’s a spinal cord stimulator. | 这是BR1 是一种脊髓电刺激器 |
[34:00] | And this is FDA approved? | 获得食药局的许可了吗 |
[34:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:02] | And you claim that Dr. Farland’s SCS | 而你声称 法兰德医生的脊髓电刺激器 |
[34:06] | is a minor modification of this? | 只是这一款的小改进? |
[34:09] | Yes. That’s why we didn’t need to submit it to them for approval. | 是的 所以我们无需申报许可 |
[34:12] | So, then what is this? | 那么 这个又是什么 |
[34:14] | That’s Dr. Farland’s SCS. | 这个是法兰德医生的脊髓电刺激器 |
[34:16] | So, you’re saying | 所以 你是说 |
[34:18] | that this is a minor modification of this? | 这个只是这个的小改进? |
[34:24] | Ira, you can’t judge these with a layman’s eye. | 艾勒 你作为门外汉不能任意评断 |
[34:27] | Medical professionals | 为法兰德医生 |
[34:29] | who manufactured Dr. Farland’s device concluded | 制造这个仪器的医学专家 |
[34:32] | that these two devices were similar. | 认定这两个仪器是相似的 |
[34:33] | These two? | 这两个吗 |
[34:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:36] | In fact, I anticipated | 事实上 我料到 |
[34:37] | Mr. Gardner’s bringing this issue up again, | 加德纳先生会再提到这件事 |
[34:40] | so I had a study done | 所以我邀请享誉盛名的 |
[34:42] | by the respected Benzor Labs in Quantico, Virginia. | 弗吉尼亚匡提科本佐尔实验室进行了研究 |
[34:47] | What’s it say? | 上面怎么说的 |
[34:48] | That it’s a minor modification. | 说它的确是小改进 |
[34:51] | The mediator’s on our side. | 调解员站在我们这边 |
[34:53] | Yup. Nice job, by the way, but | 是 得说一句 干得漂亮 |
[34:55] | he still was impressed by this. | 不过 他还是被这个打动了 |
[34:56] | Okay, so we have to get someone to say it was vastly modified. | 好 那么我们得找人来证明它们相差巨大 |
[34:59] | We need Kalinda. | 我们得找凯琳达 |
[35:01] | I want to repeat, this is only a precaution. | 我要重复声明 这只是防范未然 |
[35:04] | We are removing all Karpwell cheese from circulation. | 我们将把所有卡普威尔奶酪下架 |
[35:07] | Yeah. Gretchen, I’m kind of busy right now. What do you need? | 格雷琴 我现在很忙 有何贵干 |
[35:10] | So you’re the man behind the cheese, | 你才是奶酪背后的男人 |
[35:12] | Eli, is that right? | 伊莱 是这样吧 |
[35:14] | I’m the… | 我是 |
[35:16] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[35:17] | An unnamed source. | 一个匿名的信息源 |
[35:19] | And what else did this unnamed source tell you? | 那个匿名的信息源还告诉了你什么 |
[35:22] | He said you’re crisis managing for the listeria outbreak, | 他说你负责利斯特菌爆发的危机管理 |
[35:25] | and that you investigated Heather Farms, | 你调查了欧石南庄园 |
[35:26] | and the outbreak’s not from there. | 爆发源不在那里 |
[35:28] | …the political revival | 帮助曾受丑闻困扰的 |
[35:29] | of scandal-plagued State’s Attorney, Peter Florrick. | 州检察官彼得·福瑞克东山再起 |
[35:32] | He is also known for being a tough infighter. | 他还以擅于政治角斗而著称 |
[35:34] | Though never confirmed, Eli Gold was also thought | 尽管未经证实 但普遍认为伊莱·戈德 |
[35:37] | to be the architect of an ugly racial attack on his opponent. | 还是对对手进行种族主义恶毒攻击的策划者 |
[35:41] | So, why is this wholesome brand hiring a spin doctor | 那么 为什么这个符合卫生标准的品牌 |
[35:44] | known for rehabilitating scandalized politicians? | 要雇用一个帮扶丑闻政客的政治化妆师呢 |
[35:48] | Are you there, Eli? | 还在吗 伊莱 |
[35:50] | Hello. | 在吗 |
[35:52] | Eli Gold… | 伊莱·戈德 |
[35:52] | Any comment? | 有何评论 |
[35:54] | …one of the first political campaign managers | …首先知晓媒体力量的 |
[35:56] | to understand the power of social media… | 竞选经理之一 |
[35:58] | I’m not part of the story. | 这新闻没我的事 |
[36:00] | Oh. I’m sorry, Eli. | 对不起 伊莱 |
[36:00] | You just became part of the story. | 你已经牵扯进来了 |
[36:03] | So pull up a chair. | 找个凳子坐稳了 |
[36:04] | …makes him a highly sought after crisis manager… | …使他成为炙手可热的危机管理专家… |
[36:11] | It’s not all bad, Eli. | 这并不全是坏事 伊莱 |
[36:13] | It is all bad. | 糟透了 |
[36:14] | You become the story, | 你上新闻 |
[36:16] | it deflects from your client’s guilt. | 可将视线从客户的罪责上转移开来 |
[36:17] | I become the story, it makes my clients look guiltier. | 而我上新闻 则让我的客户看起来罪加一等 |
[36:20] | Who leaked it, Diane? | 戴安 是谁泄密的 |
[36:21] | Eli, it’s a fool’s game to look for a leaker. | 伊莱 找泄密者毫无意义 |
[36:24] | Gretchen knew we checked Heather Farms. | 格雷琴知道我们查过欧石南庄园 |
[36:25] | She knew it was clean. | 她知道那家工厂没问题 |
[36:27] | I told two people about that– you | 我只告诉过两个人 你和凯琳达 |
[36:29] | and Kalinda– but Gretchen said the leaker was a he. | 但格雷琴说告密者是个男的 |
[36:32] | Did you tell Will? | 你告诉过威尔吗 |
[36:36] | Oh, he went to the kids’ vigil. | 他去为孩子们祷告了 |
[36:38] | I thought you said he was burned. | 你不是说他形象已经毁了吗 |
[36:41] | He was. | 是的 |
[36:42] | You’re changing the subjec | 你在转变话题 |
[36:43] | I am. So, you tried to un-burn him? | 是的 于是 你要挽回他的形象? |
[36:46] | You haven’t seen this yet? | 你还没看过这个吧 |
[36:50] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[36:52] | It’s wonderful, isn’t it? | 太棒了 不是吗 |
[36:54] | People love humility. | 人们喜欢谦卑的人 |
[36:55] | Tony Hayward needed a pie in the face. | 托尼·海沃德需要的 就是一张馅饼砸在脸上 |
[36:57] | You didn’t. | 不是你干的吧 |
[36:58] | Oh, set it up? No. That was just luck. | 我安排的吗 不 是走运了 |
[37:01] | I thought he’d just get booed. | 我还以为 他也就挨挨嘘呢 |
[37:04] | I’m proud to be here today. | 今天能来这里 是我的荣幸 |
[37:06] | I don’t care in what condition. | 不管情况如何 |
[37:08] | Among those attending the prayer service | 欧石南庄园公司的CEO沃尔特·科纳米 |
[37:12] | was the CEO of Heather Farms, Walter Kermani. | 也来参加了祷告 |
[37:13] | I’m good at my job, Diane, | 戴安 我对自己的工作很在行 |
[37:15] | but I can’t have leakers. | 但是我不能允许有泄密者 |
[37:17] | It’s unprofessional. | 这很不职业 |
[37:19] | Will didn’t leak. | 威尔没有泄密 |
[37:31] | So you’re here to give up. | 你是来投降的 |
[37:34] | Ten million, and we won’t accept a penny less. | 1000万 少一分都不行 |
[37:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[37:39] | You and your lawyer friend cook something up? | 你和你的那个律师朋友 编出故事来啦 |
[37:41] | It didn’t work for you to blame the painkiller. | 你把责任推给止痛药 没有奏效 |
[37:44] | It didn’t work for you to blame the victim, | 把责任推给受害者 没有奏效 |
[37:46] | so minor modification. | 只能在”小改进”上做文章 |
[37:47] | That’s what your case rests on now. | 这是你们现在的依靠 |
[37:49] | Dr. Farland’s SCS is merely a minor modification | 法兰德医生的脊髓电刺激器 |
[37:52] | of existing SCSs. | 只是对原有仪器的小改进 |
[37:54] | Have some pastrami, Will. | 威尔 吃些熏牛肉片吧 |
[37:56] | Let’s leave all this boring medical talk behind. | 暂时不要讨论无聊的医学话题了 |
[38:00] | The problem is, medicine is a lot like politics. | 问题是 医学就像是政治 |
[38:05] | And all we had to do was follow the money. | 我们所要做的就是追逐金钱 |
[38:07] | She never was jealous, was she? | 她根本没有吃醋 对吧 |
[38:09] | Your lawyer friend. | 你的那个律师朋友 |
[38:10] | That was all a piece of playacting? | 那只是在演戏吧 |
[38:12] | Dr. Farland, your man of healing, | 法兰德医生 你们的白衣天使 |
[38:15] | invented an SCS to make money. | 为了赚钱发明了一种脊髓电刺激器 |
[38:18] | 30% on every device implanted. | 每植入一个 都有三成利润 |
[38:25] | Oh. Sorry. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:29] | – Who was that? – Kalinda. | -这位是谁 -凯琳达 |
[38:30] | Here’s a copy for you. | 这份给你 |
[38:31] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[38:32] | Farland’s patent application. | 法兰德的专利申请书 |
[38:35] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[38:36] | It’s a good read, though. | 写得很好 |
[38:38] | The problem for you is, | 你的麻烦是 |
[38:40] | Dr. Farland had to insist on its originality. | 法兰德在申请书里强调了仪器的独创性 |
[38:43] | I get it. | 我懂你的意思 |
[38:44] | You don’t have to lord it over me. | 你不用再对我逞威风了 |
[38:45] | No, I won, so you have to listen. | 不 我赢了 所以你得好好听着 |
[38:49] | Dr. Farland had to insist on the originality | 法兰德医生必须强调仪器的独创性 |
[38:51] | of his device to file a patent. | 才能申请专利 |
[38:54] | “This SCS is a truly original development | “这个脊髓电刺激器 |
[38:57] | “in severe back pain management. | 不是对现行市场上其它产品的 |
[38:59] | It is not a mere modification.” | 小幅改进” |
[39:01] | How nice of him to use those words. | 他用这些词真是太体贴了 |
[39:03] | “…of existing SCSs on the market. | “而是对治疗背部疼痛具有独创性的拓展 |
[39:05] | – “Therefore, patent..” – I can read. | -因此 专利…” -我识字 |
[39:07] | You’re not going to be a sore loser, are you? | 你不会输不起吧 |
[39:11] | Eight million dollars. | 800万美元 |
[39:13] | Ten. By today. | 1000万 今天就要 |
[39:14] | No. | 不 |
[39:16] | Eight. That’s more than you thought you’d get. | 800万 已经比你预计的高了 |
[39:19] | I’ll talk to my client. | 我和客户谈谈 |
[39:21] | I need a new home. | 我需要找一个新地方 |
[39:25] | – You need a…? – New home. | -你需要… -新地方 |
[39:27] | My firm is going under. | 我的律所快不行了 |
[39:30] | Monty & Columbech? | MC律所? |
[39:32] | Breaking up. | 正在解体 |
[39:33] | Litigation’s going one way, acquisitions another. | 诉讼部和并购部 分道扬镳了 |
[39:36] | How many in litigation? | 诉讼部有多少人 |
[39:38] | Me. Eight other top-flight lawyers. | 我 还有其他8个顶级律师 |
[39:41] | We need a home. | 我们要找个地方 |
[39:43] | I’ll check with Diane. | 我会和戴安商量的 |
[39:47] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[39:55] | Ira? | 艾勒 |
[39:58] | So, it looks like we’ll make a deal. | 看来我们要谈成了 |
[39:59] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[40:01] | I just wanted to thank you for all of your hard work. | 辛苦了 谢谢你的付出 |
[40:03] | You don’t have to thank me. | 你不用谢我 |
[40:05] | I wasn’t the one who played them. | 我不是耍他们的人 |
[40:07] | We… | 我们… |
[40:09] | That’s not why we won. | 那不是我们胜出的原因 |
[40:11] | You won because of the facts. | 你们赢了 是因为事实如此 |
[40:12] | You got your client rich | 你们使客户获得巨额赔偿 |
[40:15] | because you played them… and me. | 是因为你们耍了他们 还有我 |
[40:17] | That’s not fair. | 这么说不公平 |
[40:19] | It is fair. | 很公道 |
[40:20] | It may not be polite, but it is fair. | 听起来很刺耳 但这是公道话 |
[40:23] | Don’t worry about it. | 不要为此烦心 |
[40:25] | If I needed a lawyer, I’d probably hire you, too. | 如果我需要律师 我可能也会雇用你 |
[40:29] | Very nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[40:39] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[40:41] | Just wanted to see how you were doing. | 就是来看看你怎么样 |
[40:44] | How’s your thing? | 工作怎么样 |
[40:47] | It was good. | 不错 |
[40:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:51] | I go back and forth on work. | 工作时好时坏 |
[40:53] | Same with Dad. | 爸爸也一样 |
[40:57] | I want to do something very old-fashioned. | 我要做一件非常老式的事情 |
[40:59] | I want to kiss you on the forehead. | 我要吻你的额头 |
[41:00] | Is that all right? | 可以吗 |
[41:02] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[41:08] | Tucking in is too much. | 盖被子就免了 |
[41:11] | Right. | 好吧 |
[41:13] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[41:17] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[41:30] | I’m getting boring. | 我变得无聊了 |
[41:31] | Getting? | 变得? |
[41:33] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[41:35] | I used to be… interesting. | 我以前很有趣 |
[41:39] | I spent the entire day | 如今我一整天 |
[41:41] | doing laundry and watching daytime TV. | 都在洗衣服 还看日间电视 |
[41:44] | I saw the clothes. | 我看到那些干净衣服了 |
[41:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:47] | I mean, when did this happen? | 什么时候开始变成这样了 |
[41:48] | You’re the one out having sex with your boyfriend. | 你成了那个出去和男友翻云覆雨的人 |
[41:51] | – Owen… – And I’m the one at home with the kids. | -欧文 -而我则成了在家带孩子的人 |
[41:54] | And it’s much appreciated. | 我很感激你 |
[41:58] | Are you gonna get hurt by this guy? | 你会被这家伙伤害吗 |
[42:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:05] | I have no perspective. | 我不能预测未来 |
[42:08] | You should have rebelled in high school. | 你高中时应该多做些叛逆的事 |
[42:10] | Then you wouldn’t have to do it now. | 现在就不用再经历叛逆期了 |
[42:12] | Is that what this is, rebellion? | 这是因为叛逆吗 |
[42:15] | Or love. | 或者是因为爱 |
[42:18] | It’s not love, is it? | 不是因为爱 对吧 |
[42:22] | No. | 不是 |
[42:24] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:26] | ‘Cause that would make it very complicated. | 如果是因为爱的话 那事情就复杂了 |