时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | This is about a plane crash. | 此案是关于一场空难 |
[00:09] | A Hammett GR-6 carrying | 一架汉密特GR-6型飞机 |
[00:11] | 35 passengers and five crew. | 载着35名乘客和5名机组成员 |
[00:16] | All 40 dead. | 机上40人全部丧生 |
[00:19] | Many of their widows and widowers are here today. | 其中许多人的遗孀或是鳏夫今天都在场 |
[00:22] | And all want to know one thing. | 都想要弄清楚一件事 |
[00:24] | Why did this plane just drop from the sky? | 这架飞机怎么就这样坠毁了呢 |
[00:29] | Like Kyle Lidtke. | 比方说凯尔·里克 |
[00:31] | He lost his wife and two daughters in this crash. | 他在这场空难中失去了妻子和两个女儿 |
[00:34] | Now, the CEO of Hammett Aerospace | 然而 汉密特航空航天公司的行政总裁 |
[00:37] | would have him believe it’s the pilot’s fault, | 告诉他空难是飞行员失误所致 |
[00:40] | and not their plane. | 而不是他们的飞机有问题 |
[00:42] | But we ask you to reject | 我们请求各位驳回这一辩护理由 |
[00:44] | this cynical, blame-the-victim defense, | 这不仅充满恶意 也是对逝者的亵渎 |
[00:48] | because this is a very simple case of… | 因为此案事实清楚 |
[00:51] | …A flawed airplane design. | 飞机设计存在缺陷 |
[00:55] | My co-counsel, Ms. Lockhart, | 我的协理律师 洛克哈特女士 |
[00:58] | represents the families of the passengers. | 代理的是遇难乘客的家属 |
[01:00] | I represent the families of the crew. | 我代理的是遇难机组人员的家属 |
[01:03] | But we decided to combine our lawsuits | 但我们决定合并案件 |
[01:06] | because we agree on one thing. | 因为我们在这一点上达成了共识 |
[01:09] | Hammett Aerospace put a jet into service | 那就是汉密特公司心知一架飞机存在缺陷 |
[01:13] | that they knew was defective. | 但却还是令其投入运营 |
[01:15] | How do we know this? | 我们怎么知道的呢 |
[01:17] | How do we know that they knew their jet was defective? | 我们怎么知道他们心知飞机存在缺陷呢 |
[01:22] | Because there is a very brave whistleblower | 因为汉密特公司内部有一位勇气非凡的深喉 |
[01:26] | from within Hammett who’s agreed to testify for us. | 他愿意为我们出庭作证 |
[01:33] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[01:37] | Not to sound too cynical, but this could be a good thing. | 不是我太极端 不过这可能是好事 |
[01:44] | Guilt-ridden whistle-blower | 可以说成是心怀愧疚的深喉 |
[01:45] | testifying from beyond the grave? | 从坟里爬出来作证了? |
[01:48] | They didn’t do a great job cross-examining in the depo. | 对方在庭外取证的时候做的不太好 |
[01:52] | And it’s hard to cross-examine a corpse. | 现在人死了 还怎么庭上交叉质询 |
[01:56] | The problem was in the wings. | 问题出在机翼上 |
[01:57] | – The de-icing in the wings? – Yes. | -机翼上的除冰装置? -是的 |
[01:59] | It was a system of tubes that distributed fluid | 这套系统由很多管道组成 |
[02:02] | to de-ice the wings during flight. | 在飞行中输送液体以除冰 |
[02:06] | Not bad. | 还不赖 |
[02:07] | We admit this into evidence. | 我们已经把这个列为证物了 |
[02:09] | – And avoid further cross-examination. – Yup. | -还避免了进一步的交叉质询 -是的 |
[02:11] | Falling forward. | 这就叫敲钉转脚 |
[02:15] | Well, that’s the problem. | 问题就在这 |
[02:17] | She’s a great tutor. | 这个家教不错 |
[02:19] | Grace’s physics grades are the best of this year. | 格蕾丝的物理成绩是今年最好的 |
[02:21] | And where did you find her? | 你上哪儿找到这个家教的 |
[02:23] | The tutor Eli suggested her. | 伊莱推荐的 |
[02:24] | And Grace is friends with her now? | 格蕾丝现在和她成了好朋友了? |
[02:27] | Yes. I’ll talk to her. | 是的 我会和她谈的 |
[02:28] | Who, Grace or the tutor? | 和谁谈 格蕾丝还是家教 |
[02:30] | The tutor. | 家教 |
[02:31] | Well, I can find some tutor referrals around here. | 我也能请人推荐几个家教的 |
[02:34] | No, that’s okay. | 不 不必了 |
[02:35] | Let me handle it with a flyswatter, not a bazooka. | 还是别用高射炮打蚊子了 |
[02:39] | I didn’t think I was handling it with a bazooka. | 我哪里是高射炮了 |
[02:44] | Uh, okay, we’ll talk. | 好吧 回头再聊 |
[02:45] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[02:48] | – Yes, sir. – David Lee’s here. | -老板好 -大卫·李来了 |
[02:50] | We need more conference room space. | 会议室得弄得再大点 |
[02:52] | I’m like an itinerant farmer out here. | 我在这像个遭了土改的地主似的 |
[02:54] | So, Alicia, | 艾丽西娅 |
[02:56] | David and I head up the hiring committee, | 招聘委员会由我和大卫牵头 |
[02:58] | and we’ve decided the firm needs a new first-year associate. | 我们认为公司要招一名新进律师 |
[03:00] | So we want you to interview and hire someone. | 我们希望由你面试招聘新人 |
[03:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:05] | These are the new graduates | 这些是芝大刚毕业的学生 |
[03:07] | from U of C. See who you like. | 看看你喜欢哪个 |
[03:10] | You want me to do the actual hiring? | 你们希望由我来招聘? |
[03:12] | In consultation with the committee. | 要和委员会商量的 |
[03:14] | And you’ll be mentoring him, too, so choose well. | 你还得带他 谨慎选择 |
[03:17] | Or her. | 也许是个她 |
[03:18] | Oh, Alicia, uh, I need | 艾丽西娅 |
[03:21] | to talk to you a minute about the Cole divorce, hmm? | 我得和你谈谈那桩科尔式离婚案 |
[03:26] | Thank you for this. | 太感谢你了 |
[03:28] | No, not me. David. | 别谢我 大卫的主意 |
[03:30] | I’m still supposed to be tense with you, remember? | 忘了么 我还应该装作和你关系紧张的样子 |
[03:32] | And by the way, I know how Celeste works. | 另外 我知道莎丽斯特的行事方式 |
[03:34] | – Don’t worry about it. – No, she thrives on chaos. | -别担心 -她一向喜欢浑水摸鱼 |
[03:37] | She’ll say a lot of things about me just to see how you react. | 她会说一大堆关于我的事 看你怎么反应 |
[03:41] | Then I won’t react. | 那我就不反应 |
[03:47] | So, we can’t use “Cole divorce” as our cover word anymore | 不能再用”科尔式离婚案”作暗号了 |
[03:51] | because I actually have a Cole divorce. | 我手上现在真的有一宗科尔式离婚案 |
[03:53] | Oh. Well, we don’t need a cover word. | 哦 我们不需要什么暗号了 |
[03:55] | I’m still undecided about it. | 我还没决定要不要离婚 |
[03:56] | Ah, yes, the fiction of separation. | 啊 分居造成的幻觉 |
[03:59] | You’re putting your kids in private school? | 你要让你的孩子上私立学校? |
[04:02] | New item in your financial journal. | 收支表上又添一大项 |
[04:05] | I’m thinking of it, yes. | 是的 我正在考虑 |
[04:06] | That’s $35,000 to 50 a year. | 一年得三万五到五万美金 |
[04:08] | – I know. – My advice is, you don’t. | -我知道 -我建议你别这样 |
[04:10] | Thank you, but I’m fine. | 谢谢 不过我还负担得起 |
[04:12] | No, you don’t understand. I’m not your accountant. | 不 你没明白 我不是你的会计 |
[04:14] | You can overspend on anything you like, but | 你乱花钱不关我事 |
[04:16] | you need to get your husband to pay half. | 但你得让你得丈夫负担一半 |
[04:19] | I… Why? | 为什么 |
[04:20] | To preserve your dependency. | 保持你们之间的依存关系 |
[04:22] | You pay that amount on your own, | 你要是独力支付 |
[04:23] | you lose your best argument against spousal maintenance. | 你就失去了反对赡养费的最有力论据 |
[04:25] | Well, I’m not asking Peter for spousal maintenance. | 我又不希望彼得付给我赡养费 |
[04:28] | No, not you. Him. | 不是你 是他希望 |
[04:31] | Hey, don’t blame me. You guys wanted equal treatment. | 别怪我 你们女人自己要求的平等权利 |
[04:34] | Thank Gloria Steinem. | 多亏了斯泰纳姆 |
[04:35] | Peter makes less in the State’s Attorney office than you. | 彼得在州检察官办公室挣得比你少 |
[04:38] | He could come after you for support. | 他完全可以来找你寻求经济支持 |
[04:41] | Peter’s not coming after me for support. | 彼得不会来找我要钱的 |
[04:42] | Alicia, he’ll come after you for everything. | 艾丽西娅 他会来把你搜刮干净的 |
[04:45] | No, he wants the governorship. | 不 他想要的是州长的位子 |
[04:48] | That’s what Eli’s plotting over there right now. | 所以伊莱现在才会在那边玩阴谋诡计 |
[04:50] | Give him the keynote. | 让他作党大会的主旨发言 |
[04:50] | 在党大会上作主旨发言意味着党的支持 有利于竞选 欧巴马总统曾在04年民主党全国大会上作主旨发言 | |
[04:54] | Are you kidding? | 开玩笑么 |
[04:55] | At the Democratic Convention? | 在民主党大会上? |
[04:56] | Peter has the best story. | 彼得的经历是最棒的 |
[04:58] | He went to prison on a trumped-up charge, | 遭人构陷入狱 |
[05:00] | fought it, and made it back into office. | 拼死斗争 最终重回州检察官办公室 |
[05:03] | It’s a story of rebirth. | 凤凰涅槃的故事啊 |
[05:04] | Eli, he’s a state’s attorney. | 伊莱 他只是个州检察官 |
[05:05] | And Obama was a state senator when he got the keynote. | 欧巴马做演讲的时候还只是个州参议员 |
[05:08] | And a black man. | 他还是个黑人呢 |
[05:12] | Who is it? | 究竟是谁 |
[05:13] | Who’s what? | 什么谁 |
[05:15] | Who are you championing? | 你们在为谁竞选造势 |
[05:16] | You must have somebody already. | 你们肯定是手上有人了 |
[05:20] | Adam Spellman. | 亚当·斯佩曼 |
[05:21] | Oh, come on! | 哦 不是吧 |
[05:23] | No to the State’s Attorney, but yes to a dogcatcher? | 放着州检察官不要 去找个抓狗的? |
[05:26] | He’s not a dogcatcher. | 他又不是抓狗的 |
[05:28] | He’s a strong businessman with… | 他是个成功的商人… |
[05:29] | You think that’s what America wants to see up on that dais? | 美国人民怎能忍受这种货色站上演讲台 |
[05:31] | Eli, it’s already in the works. We’re pushing Spellman. | 伊莱 已经在运作了 我们力推斯佩曼 |
[05:34] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[05:35] | Peter Florrick’s marriage is his secret weapon, | 彼得的婚姻是他的秘密武器 |
[05:37] | not some keynote address. | 他用不着作主旨演讲 |
[05:40] | So, how is she doing? | 对了 她现在怎样 |
[05:45] | They knew the de-icing fluid tended to freeze | 他们清楚除冰液体在机翼里 |
[05:49] | in the wing lines, | 有可能会冻住 |
[05:50] | but they decided to save money | 但是为了省钱 |
[05:53] | and do nothing about it. | 他们决定坐视不管 |
[05:55] | We move to introduce this deposition into evidence, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我们要把这份庭外取证作为证据 |
[05:58] | And we object, Your Honor. It’s hearsay. | 反对 法官大人 这是传闻证据 |
[06:00] | – We can’t cross-examine a corpse. – Really, Mr. Roda? | -我们又不能盘问一个死人 -注意用词 |
[06:02] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. Inelegantly put. | 抱歉 法官大人 用词不当 |
[06:04] | But I can’t cross-examine the deceased. | 但是我无法对一名逝去的人进行交叉盘问 |
[06:06] | Your Honor, Rule 212 expressly permits the use | 法官大人 伊州高法第212条规定 |
[06:09] | of a recorded deposition when a witness dies. | 当证人死亡时 其录制的取证内容可作证据 |
[06:11] | But only if the court, in its discretion, determines | 但这必须经过法庭的谨慎裁定 |
[06:14] | it won’t do a substantial injustice, | 认定其不会造成客观的不公正 |
[06:15] | such as in the case of perjury. | 比方说 这可能是伪证 |
[06:17] | Which is why, in the current matter, I would direct | 因此 我提请法庭留意 |
[06:19] | the court’s attention to Mr. Ritter’s suicide note. | 里特先生的遗书 |
[06:22] | It consists of two lines. | 一共两行 |
[06:24] | “It’s a lie. I’m sorry.” | “这是个谎言 我很抱歉” |
[06:26] | Your Honor, Mr. Ritter’s wife was claiming | 法官大人 里特先生的遗孀称 |
[06:28] | he slept with their 16-year-old baby-sitter. | 他和他们16岁的保姆上床了 |
[06:30] | The note refers to that. | 遗书里指的是这个 |
[06:32] | We don’t know that. | 我们不能断定 |
[06:33] | He could be referring to his testimony in this trial. | 他也可能指的是他在这次审判中的证言 |
[06:35] | At the very least, the meaning is unclear. | 至少 遗书的意思是不明确的 |
[06:37] | Unclear? Oh, really? Are you serious? | 不明确? 你不是吧 |
[06:39] | I’m not prepared to interpret the law… | 我可不会曲解法律… |
[06:41] | You can all wear yourselves down. | 你们就这么耗着吧 |
[06:43] | Tell me when you’re ready. | 准备好了你们再叫我 |
[06:47] | What do we do now? | 现在怎么办 |
[06:48] | We have other options. | 还有别的办法 |
[06:49] | Like what? | 比如说呢 |
[06:50] | We’ll ask for a continuance. | 我们可以申请诉讼延期 |
[06:52] | We still have our expert witnesses. | 我们手上还有专家证人呢 |
[06:54] | You thought they weren’t enough. | 你之前还说他们准备不足 |
[06:56] | Hold them accountable, | 千万要让他们经得住推敲 |
[06:57] | please… for my wife and daughters. | 求你们了 为了我妻子和女儿们 |
[07:03] | Kalinda, what are you doing? | 凯琳达 你在干什么 |
[07:05] | Um, Eli business. What do you need? | 在忙伊莱的事 你有什么需要的 |
[07:08] | Yeah, I’m already on it. | 好 我这就去办 |
[07:12] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[07:14] | Adam Spellman– do you know who that is? | 亚当·斯佩曼 你认识吗 |
[07:16] | Adam Spellman. A businessman. | 亚当·斯佩曼 是个商人 |
[07:18] | Head of the Chicago Black Leadership Council. | 芝加哥黑人领袖委员会的头 |
[07:20] | Yeah, I need you to look into him. | 对 我需要你调查一下他 |
[07:22] | – Look? – As in, find dirt. | -调查? -就是找到他的污点 |
[07:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:25] | He’s the likely keynote speaker at the next Democratic Convention, | 他有可能在下一次民主党大会上作主旨发言 |
[07:28] | and if he has a skeleton in his closet, | 他要是有什么见不得光的秘密 |
[07:30] | I do not want him blowing up in the face of the Democratic Committee. | 我可不希望他给民主党委员会丢脸 |
[07:33] | Really? How selfless of you. | 真的 你太无私了 |
[07:35] | Yeah, well, I’m a caring individual. | 是啊 古道热肠 |
[07:38] | I need it quick. | 得快 |
[07:40] | Yeah. Everybody needs it quick. | 是啊 每个人都要快 |
[07:43] | Ah. | 啊哈 |
[07:45] | That was quick. | 哎 还真快 |
[07:47] | It was a blind CC. | 这是电子邮件的密送 |
[07:49] | Ritter e-mailed the CEO about the de-icing problems, | 里特给行政总裁发电邮谈了除冰的问题 |
[07:52] | and on Ritter’s copy, | 在里特的版本里 |
[07:53] | there were only two e-mail addresses included in the CC. | 他只在抄送一栏里填了两个电邮地址 |
[07:56] | But on the CEO’s copy, he BCC’d someone else. | 但在行政总裁的版本里 他又密送了一个人 |
[08:00] | CS at Herald Equity Group? Who’s that? | 海拉德资产集团的科·斯? 是谁 |
[08:05] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[08:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:07] | He’s a client of ours from two years ago. | 他两年前是我们的客户 |
[08:09] | He was the venture capitalist on their IPO. | 他是航天公司首次公开募股的风险资本家 |
[08:11] | CEO kept him in the loop. | 总裁让他待在决策圈内 |
[08:14] | Great. | 好极了 |
[08:15] | What? | 怎么 |
[08:17] | Well, he’s not the most dependable of witnesses. | 他是最不可靠的目击证人 |
[08:19] | He might not even talk to us. | 甚至可能连话都不会跟我们说 |
[08:20] | He won’t. | 他不会说的 |
[08:23] | Call Alicia. | 打电话给艾丽西娅 |
[08:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:25] | He’ll talk to her. | 他会跟她谈的 |
[08:41] | Here I didn’t think we’d get a chance to work together. | 我没想到这里有咱们共事的机会 |
[08:43] | See? Isn’t this fun? | 不是很有趣吗 |
[08:46] | So, you and I should get some drinks, | 你和我应该喝一杯 |
[08:50] | trade whore stories. | 交流一下淫荡的故事 |
[08:51] | Horror? | 可怕的故事? |
[08:53] | Yeah. What did I say? | 是 我刚说什么了 |
[08:57] | He’s not allowed to touch you, or hand you anything. | 不允许他接触你们 或者递东西 |
[08:59] | There’s a panic button at the table if there’s any problems. | 如果有问题 桌上有个紧急按钮 |
[09:02] | That’s not his style. How much does he know? | 这不是他的风格 他知道多少 |
[09:04] | Nothing. I thought I’d let you broach it. | 不知道 我以为得让你提出呢 |
[09:06] | Just like Clarice Starling, huh? | 有点像史达琳吧[《沉默的羔羊》女主角] |
[09:18] | Mrs. Florrick, what a pleasure. | 福瑞克女士 多荣幸啊 |
[09:38] | You seem well. | 你看起来不错 |
[09:39] | Oh, under the circumstances, | 虎落平阳了 |
[09:42] | I, uh, do the best I can. | 我 尽力做到最好 |
[09:46] | You have a tattoo, I see. | 你有纹身 明白了 |
[09:48] | What? | 什么 |
[09:49] | Oh. Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[09:51] | Oh, this… oh, this old thing? | 这个 这个早有了 |
[09:52] | I wanted William Blake’s the Ancient of Days, | 我想纹上威廉·布雷克的永恒之神 |
[09:55] | but beggars really can’t be choosers here. | 但这里的穷人没见识 |
[09:58] | And you, Mrs. Florrick– I imagine you’re well? | 你呢 福瑞克女士 我猜你也不错吧 |
[10:02] | Your husband’s back in office, | 你丈夫重掌大权 |
[10:05] | you’re thriving in your profession. | 你的事业蒸蒸日上 |
[10:07] | The world must be your oyster. | 正是人生得意之时 |
[10:08] | I would say the grass is always greener, but… | 我会说这山望着那山高 不过… |
[10:12] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[10:13] | Although, there’s a refreshing honesty to prison. | 尽管 监狱里的坦诚实在令人耳目一新 |
[10:17] | People don’t dissemble here, they just take. | 这里的人不遮掩 直接要 |
[10:23] | My firm needs your help, Mr. Sweeney. | 我的公司需要你的帮助 斯威尼先生 |
[10:25] | So, that’s it for small talk? | 小聚就为了这个吗 |
[10:29] | We’re suing a company– Hammett Aerospace. | 我们起诉一家公司 汉密特航空航天 |
[10:32] | There was a plane crash. | 有起坠机事件 |
[10:33] | The Dorset crash, yes, I know. | 多塞特空难 是 我知道 |
[10:34] | You were the financier on their IPO. | 你曾是他们首次公开发行的资助者 |
[10:37] | We had a witness who knew there was a problem | 我们有个目击证人知道 |
[10:40] | with the de-icing system on the plane | 飞机上的除冰系统有问题 |
[10:42] | but he committed suicide. | 但他自杀身亡了 |
[10:43] | Oh, dear. | 哎呀 |
[10:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:47] | Anyway, he was testifying to a meeting you attended. | 不管怎样 他证实了你参加过会议 |
[10:51] | And you were wondering if I might testify in his stead? | 你想知道我是否会替他出庭作证 |
[10:55] | – Yes. – Why me? | -是 -为什么是我 |
[10:56] | Why not O.J.? | 为什么不是辛普森呢 |
[10:57] | 著名橄榄球员 被控杀妻 最终脱罪 比眼前这位幸运多了 | |
[10:58] | Won’t the jury be likely to mistrust | 陪审团不太可能相信 |
[11:00] | the word of a renowned wife-killer? | 著名的杀妻犯的话吧? |
[11:02] | You were never convicted. | 你从未定罪 |
[11:04] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[11:05] | One of those fine distinctions in the law. | 法律上的微小区别之一 还真是便宜我了 |
[11:08] | Imprisoned on something I didn’t even do. | 让我因为我没做过的某件事坐牢 |
[11:12] | I hate irony. | 我讨厌讽刺 |
[11:14] | I heard America’s irony-free these days. | 我听说目前美国没什么讽刺的事了 |
[11:17] | Yes, it’s been outlawed. | 是的 被立法禁止了 |
[11:24] | I like you, Alicia. | 我喜欢你 艾丽西娅 |
[11:27] | Why don’t you like me? | 你为什么不喜欢我 |
[11:31] | You killed your wife. | 你杀死了你妻子 |
[11:33] | And there’s nothing I can do about that? | 我没法改变你对我的看法吗 |
[11:40] | Testify. | 作证吧 |
[11:42] | Would that help you? | 那会帮到你吗 |
[11:43] | It would help 40 families suing Hammett Aerospace. | 会帮助40个家庭起诉汉密特航空 |
[11:46] | Yes, and I’m sure they’re all adorable, but… | 是 我肯定他们都很可爱 不过… |
[11:49] | will it help you? | 能帮到你吗 |
[11:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:56] | Then, of course, I’ll help. | 那么 当然 我会帮忙 |
[12:08] | Oh, thank you for waiting. | 谢谢你 久等了 |
[12:11] | Work. | 工作 |
[12:14] | Um… I think you’re doing a great job as a tutor. | 我想你作为家教 做的很好 |
[12:18] | I just… | 我只是… |
[12:19] | Do you, um, want something? You want a latte or… | 你 想喝什么 想要拿铁咖啡还是… |
[12:22] | Oh, no. | 不用 |
[12:24] | So, these… videos, | 那 这些… 视频 |
[12:26] | um, that you make, these dance videos, um, | 你做得那些 跳舞的视频 |
[12:30] | they’re just… | 它们只是… |
[12:36] | How old are you, Jennifer? | 你多大了 詹尼弗 |
[12:38] | I’m 22. | 22岁 |
[12:40] | And you and Grace have become friends? | 你却和格蕾丝成为了朋友? |
[12:41] | – Yes. – And these, um, | -是的 -那这些… |
[12:44] | dance… videos, uh, | 跳舞… 视频 |
[12:46] | are f… | 是… |
[12:48] | um, what are they for? | 这些东西为了什么拍的 |
[12:51] | The Internet. | 网络 |
[12:55] | You make money off of them? | 这些东西挣钱吗 |
[12:57] | No. | 不挣 |
[12:58] | You just do them? | 就是做视频吗 |
[13:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:02] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[13:05] | I like doing them. | 我喜欢做视频 |
[13:11] | Okay. Um, Jennifer, I… | 好吧 詹尼弗 我… |
[13:14] | I just want you to be a tutor. | 我只想让你做家教 |
[13:17] | Okay? I-I want you to work with Grace on her homework. | 好吗 我 我想让你帮格蕾丝做家庭作业 |
[13:20] | I don’t want Grace making these videos with you anymore. | 不想再让格蕾丝跟你做这些视频 |
[13:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:27] | Is that it? | 就这些吗 |
[13:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:43] | Oh, my God, you’re good! | 我的上帝 你真棒 |
[13:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[13:46] | So, Adam Spellman, | 那么 亚当·斯佩曼 |
[13:48] | a Democrat, really gave money | 这个民主党员 真的出钱 |
[13:51] | to support the Defense of Marriage Act? | 支持保卫婚姻法案了? |
[13:51] | 该法案于96年由克林顿签署 反对同性婚姻 而民主党一向支持同性婚姻 | |
[13:53] | His wife did– she’s a devout Baptist, | 他妻子做的 她是个虔诚的浸信会教徒 |
[13:55] | and knew it would be a problem. | 也知道这么做有问题 |
[13:57] | That’s why the money came through her company. | 所以把钱通过自己的公司转出 |
[13:59] | And then they tried to hide it. | 然后他们想把痕迹抹掉 |
[14:02] | I mean, I think this is good that the DNC | 我是说 这是件好事 |
[14:04] | knows this now, long before the convention. | 现在民主党在大会前早早知道这事了 |
[14:07] | Yeah. That’s very selfless of you. | 是 你这么做很无私 |
[14:10] | Okay, I need you to look into these other names | 好的 我还需要你查这些人 |
[14:13] | they’re considering for keynote. | 他们也在考虑作主旨发言 |
[14:15] | – They may get in the way. In the way of what? | -可能会挡路 -挡谁的路 |
[14:17] | Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[14:19] | I didn’t know this was for Peter Florrick. | 我不知道你在帮彼得·福瑞克竞选 |
[14:21] | Oh, don’t worry, I’ll pay out of my own pocket. | 不用担心 我会用自己的钱付你薪水 |
[14:25] | The list. | 名单给你 |
[14:28] | No. But thanks, though. | 我不做了 谢谢你 |
[14:31] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. I have other work. | -怎么了 -没什么 我有别的事 |
[14:47] | Thank you for coming in, Caitlin. | 感谢你来参加面试 凯特琳 |
[14:49] | No, thank you– this is so cool. | 该说感谢的是我 多谢给我这机会 |
[14:52] | Um, a very impressive resume. | 简历非常棒 令人印象深刻 |
[14:53] | You did a summer at Wyler & Wolf in New York. | 你在纽约怀沃律所做的暑假实习? |
[14:57] | So why us? | 为什么申请我们律所 |
[14:59] | Well, in a word, litigation. Transactional’s fine, | 简言之 我喜欢诉讼型律所 |
[15:01] | but litigation is what really turns me on. | 交易型律所也不错 但我更喜欢诉讼型的 |
[15:06] | And the University of Chicago. | 芝加哥大学毕业 |
[15:08] | What turned you on there? | 为什么选那儿学习 |
[15:10] | Moot court. | 模拟法庭 |
[15:11] | It was an opportunity to dig deep into an area of law | 在那儿有机会对一个方向进行深入学习 |
[15:14] | but still keep my feet grounded in something real. | 同时保持对现实了解 |
[15:17] | And did you win? | 那你参加模拟法庭赢了吗 |
[15:18] | Well, my partner and I did. | 我和同伴合作赢得了胜利 |
[15:19] | It was a team effort. | 是团队努力的成果 |
[15:20] | I can work on my own, but I love being part of a team. | 我可以独立工作 但喜欢团队合作 |
[15:24] | So, after your summer at Wyler, did you get a job offer, or…? | 怀沃律所实习之后 你得到工作机会了吗 |
[15:28] | No. They had a hiring freeze. The economy. | 没 他们暂停招聘了 经济状况不良 |
[15:32] | But I would rather be here, anyway. | 不过反正我更喜欢这里 |
[15:33] | Just an odd question, | 下面这个问题可能有点奇怪 |
[15:34] | it’s a question they asked me when I first interviewed here. | 我来初次面试的时候也被问过 |
[15:37] | What’s your favorite hobby? | 你最大的爱好是什么 |
[15:39] | Well, I’m embarrassed to say it. | 我不太好意思说 |
[15:41] | Oh, come on, Martha, let’s hear it. | 说吧玛莎 说来听听 |
[15:43] | – What was your hobby? – No, no, no, no– | -你的爱好是什么 -不不不 |
[15:45] | I’m the one asking the questions here. | 是我在问你问题 |
[15:47] | Okay. I like foreign movies, old movies, | 好吧 我喜欢外国电影 老电影 |
[15:51] | like Truffaut and Godard. | 比如特吕福和戈达德的片子 |
[15:53] | Tramp-boarding. | 蹦床滑板 |
[15:56] | Um… | 呃…… |
[15:58] | wh-what’s that? | 那是什么活动 |
[15:59] | Skateboarding on a trampoline, | 在蹦床上玩滑板 |
[16:01] | without wheels. | 没有轮子的滑板 |
[16:03] | I know. | 我知道你的意思了 |
[16:05] | But I can do a double somersault from a full-blown ollie. | 但我可以雪地裸体腾空翻720度跟头 |
[16:08] | To be honest, | 说实话 |
[16:10] | I’ve had an offer from Canning & Meyers. | 我已经收到了坎迈律所的录用通知 |
[16:13] | But I really do want to work here. | 但我真的希望能在这里工作 |
[16:15] | I like the family spirit. | 我喜欢你为家庭牺牲的精神 |
[16:17] | Well, if you could hold off Canning & Meyers, | 如果你没有选择坎迈律所 |
[16:20] | we can get back to you in a few days. | 我们过几天会跟你联系的 |
[16:22] | That’s great. Thank you, Alicia. | 太好了 谢谢你 艾丽西娅 |
[16:27] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[16:28] | You are hearing our testimony from a convict | 下面我们将听取来自 |
[16:30] | housed at the Pine Creek Penitentiary. | 松树湾监狱在押人员的证词 |
[16:32] | Under agreement between the attorneys, | 经其辩护律师同意 |
[16:35] | the questioning will be conducted via closed-circuit video. | 这次问讯将以闭路视频形式进行 |
[16:39] | How’s my hair? | 我的发型怎么样 |
[16:41] | It’s fine. | 挺好的 |
[16:43] | Y-You might want to cover… | 你需要挡一下…… |
[16:45] | – Mm… – So are we clear on what you say? | -嗯… -清楚你要说什么了吗 |
[16:48] | I am to answer honestly and completely. | 我会把全部情况实话实说的 |
[16:50] | Yes, but not too completely. | 没错 但也要稍注意保留 |
[16:52] | Just keep your answers short and on point. | 回答要简洁 注意重点 |
[16:55] | – How long? – About five minutes. | -还有多久 -大概五分钟 |
[16:58] | Something… | 你俩之间 |
[16:59] | about you two. | 有问题 |
[17:01] | Some kind of tension there. | 你们关系很紧张 |
[17:03] | What is it? | 什么情况 |
[17:05] | Are you gonna tell him? | 要告诉他吗 |
[17:07] | I would like to just concentrate on his testimony. | 我希望他能专注于证言 |
[17:10] | Oh, come on, you can’t leave it like that. | 喂 用这种理由搪塞可不行 |
[17:13] | There won’t be any testimony unless you tell me what it is. | 你们要不告诉我 我就不作证了 |
[17:16] | We’re lovers. | 我们俩是情人关系 |
[17:20] | We’ve been keeping it secret for months. Alicia? | 我俩秘密交往几个月了 艾丽西娅 |
[17:24] | I really don’t want to talk about it right now. | 我现在真的不想说这个 |
[17:26] | She’s breaking up with me for a man who is not worthy of her. | 她现在为了个臭男人跟我闹分手 |
[17:32] | If only it were true. | 要是真的就好了 |
[17:35] | Ready to go. | 准备好了 |
[17:36] | Three, two, go. | 三 二 一 开始 |
[17:38] | Short and to the point. | 保持简洁 注意重点 |
[17:41] | Hello, Mr. Sweeney. Can you hear me? | 斯威尼先生你好 能听到吗 |
[17:44] | Yes, ma’am. Good morning. | 可以 女士 早上好 |
[17:45] | Good morning to you. I understand you’ve been sworn in. | 早上好 我知道你发过誓 |
[17:48] | May I ask you a few questions? | 可以问你几个问题吗 |
[17:50] | Yes. I’ve been wonderfully prepped here | 可以 你的两位漂亮的律师 |
[17:53] | by two of your beautiful attorneys. | 已经帮我做过完善的准备了 |
[17:56] | Mr. Sweeney, can you tell us | 斯威尼先生 你能告诉我们 |
[17:57] | how you became acquainted with Hammett Aerospace? | 你跟汉密特航空航天公司是怎么联系上的呢 |
[18:00] | Yes. I… | 可以 我…… |
[18:02] | uh, rather, my company– | 应该说 我的公司 |
[18:05] | my company– | 我的公司 |
[18:08] | was, uh… retained to provide financing | 曾对他们的股票首次发行 |
[18:12] | for their initial public stock offering. | 进行投资 |
[18:16] | How’s that? | 说得怎么样 |
[18:17] | And in that capacity, | 那在当时 |
[18:19] | did you attend a meeting at which Hammett executives | 你参加过汉密特组织的对GR-6飞机 |
[18:21] | discussed potential problems with the GR-6? | 潜在问题进行讨论的会议吗 |
[18:25] | Uh, yes, um, I-I believe I did. | 对 我想是的 |
[18:29] | And at this meeting, can you tell us | 那你能否告诉我们 在会议中 |
[18:31] | what was discussed regarding the de-icing system on the airplane? | 就飞机的除冰系统你们讨论了哪些内容 |
[18:37] | The… I’m sorry, I-I… | 对不起 我… |
[18:39] | Uh, could you repeat the… | 你能重复下 |
[18:40] | At this meeting… | 在会议中 |
[18:42] | We need to cut him off; he’s gonna hurt us. | 我们得停止他作证 他对我们不利 |
[18:44] | …the de-icing system on the airplane? | 飞机的除冰系统 |
[18:46] | Mr. Sweeney, do you need a moment? | 斯威尼先生 你需要休息一下吗 |
[18:48] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我…我不知道 |
[18:56] | Your Honor, I have to ask for a brief continuance. | 法官大人 我想请求短时的诉讼延期 |
[18:59] | Uh, clearly, my witness is having health issues. | 显然 我方证人的健康出现了状况 |
[19:02] | Your witness is having second thoughts. | 贵方证人在犹豫不决 |
[19:04] | Mr. Sweeney, what are you doing? | 斯威尼先生 你在做什么 |
[19:06] | What am I doing? | 我在做什么 |
[19:07] | I’m undercutting your case. | 我在毁你的案子 |
[19:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:10] | Because I want something. | 因为我想要一些东西 |
[19:12] | What? | 要什么 |
[19:13] | Freedom. | 自由 |
[19:15] | He’ll testify if we free him? | 得放了他 他才肯替我们作证吗 |
[19:18] | With good behavior, he’s got two years left on his sentence. | 他在狱内品行良好 还有两年就刑满了 |
[19:21] | He says that he has something to offer the State’s Attorney. | 他说有消息可以提供给州检察官 |
[19:24] | Evidence on drugs in prison. | 狱内毒品交易的证据 |
[19:29] | I think I can find a way to get around | 我找到办法可以避开 |
[19:30] | the private school money situation. | 私立学校费用分担这个问题了 |
[19:33] | Hold on, Margie. Hold on. | 等一下 玛吉 等一下 |
[19:34] | – Well, thank you. – No problem. | -谢谢 -没关系 |
[19:36] | So, uh, how are the interviews going? | 面试的情况如何 |
[19:39] | Great. I reinterviewed my top two choices, | 不错 我又面试了首选的两个人 |
[19:41] | and I think I’ve made a decision. | 现在已做出决定了 |
[19:43] | Great. Isn’t Caitlin fantastic? | 好极了 凯特琳很棒吧 |
[19:48] | – Caitlin? – Yes. Did she tell you how much | -凯特琳吗 -是的 她有没有告诉你 |
[19:50] | she loves competition? | 她有多爱竞赛吗 |
[19:52] | She did. Do you know her? | 她说了 你认识她吗 |
[19:54] | Yes. She’s my niece. | 是的 她是我侄女 |
[19:55] | I told her not to mention it because I didn’t | 我让她别提及这个 |
[19:57] | want her to win out based on nepotism. | 因为我不想她靠裙带关系赢得这份工作 |
[20:00] | I’m glad you liked her. | 很高兴你喜欢她 |
[20:01] | – Well, I did, um, but I… – What?! | -是的 但… -什么 |
[20:03] | No! Oh, come on! | 不 拜托 |
[20:14] | Next time I’ll get some long benches in here. | 下次我可得在这里放几张长凳了 |
[20:17] | Colin Sweeney wants to make a deal. | 科林·斯威尼想要做个交易 |
[20:19] | Yes. I read your e-mail. | 我知道 我读过你的邮件了 |
[20:22] | Oh, yes. Imani. Hello. | 伊玛妮 你好 |
[20:24] | Come on in, come on in. | 进来 快进来 |
[20:26] | This is Imani Stonehouse– she’s an AUSA | 这是伊玛妮·斯通豪斯 和我们一起工作的 |
[20:29] | assigned to our office to review racial bias in sentencing, | 助理联邦检察官 审查审判中的种族偏见 |
[20:32] | and she keeps me honest with all my plea bargains. | 同时 确保我在辩诉交易做到不偏不倚 |
[20:34] | Okay. So… | 那么… |
[20:36] | our good friends from Lockhart/Gardner… | 来自洛克哈特/加德纳律所的好友们 |
[20:38] | And Monty & Columbech. | 还有来自蒙卡律所的 |
[20:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:41] | They have an offer to make us in trade | 他们为我们提供有用信息 |
[20:43] | for releasing the wife-killer, Colin Sweeney. | 以释放杀妻凶手科林·斯威尼作为条件 |
[20:45] | The defensive killer of his stalker, Colin Sweeney. | 科林·斯威尼杀死了尾行的人 是正当防卫 |
[20:48] | And I’m sure Imani’ll have something to say about that. | 我想伊玛妮对此肯定有话要说 |
[20:51] | Cary, you’ve seen an increase in heroin distribution | 凯里 在库克郡监狱里系统海洛因日趋泛滥 |
[20:54] | at the Cook County prison complex. | 你也心知肚明 |
[20:56] | Mr. Sweeney can tell you who | 斯威尼先生会告诉你谁参与了贩毒 |
[20:59] | and how, including guards. | 他们如何贩毒 包括腐败狱警的名字 |
[21:01] | – In trade for his freedom. – Yes. | -以他的自由作为交换 -是的 |
[21:07] | I don’t think that’s going to fly, but thank you. | 我觉得这可能行不通 但还是谢谢 |
[21:09] | Why don’t you check with your boss. | 不如问问你的老板吧 |
[21:11] | Peter Florrick promised to fight corruption in the prison system. | 彼得·福瑞克承诺要打击监狱系统的腐败 |
[21:13] | This could go a long way towards that. | 这对此可大有帮助 |
[21:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:19] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[21:30] | So where did you go to school? | 你在哪里读的大学 |
[21:34] | Brown. You? | 布朗大学 你呢 |
[21:36] | Harvard. Siblings? | 哈佛 有没有兄弟姐妹 |
[21:38] | Three brothers. | 三个兄弟 |
[21:40] | Lawyers? | 有做律师的吗 |
[21:42] | No, the family was happy to have just one lawyer. | 没有 家里为只有一个律师而高兴 |
[21:44] | One’s a painter, one’s a writer, | 一个画家 一个作家 |
[21:46] | one teaches at the Sorbonne. | 还有一个在索邦大学教书 |
[21:48] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:49] | That’s in France, isn’t it? | 那所学校在法国 对吧 |
[21:50] | Hmm. | 是的 |
[22:03] | Okay, I talked to Peter, and he has a counteroffer. | 我和彼得谈过了 他还有个交换条件 |
[22:06] | Okay. What counteroffer? | 好 是什么 |
[22:08] | Donny Pike. | 唐尼·派克 |
[22:09] | Senior acting member of the Aryan Warlords. | 雅利安军阀的资深执行员[新纳粹组织] |
[22:12] | He’s finishing up a five year stretch at Pine Creek Penitentiary. | 在松树湾监狱花了五年时间建立自己的势力 |
[22:15] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[22:16] | The most dangerous man in the Illinois system? | 伊利诺斯州监狱中最危险的人吗 |
[22:19] | Yes, he is. | 是的 |
[22:20] | And a confidante of Colin Sweeney. | 还是科林·斯威尼的蓝颜知己 |
[22:22] | Mr. Sweeney gives him stock tips and Pike gives him protection. | 斯威尼教他炒股 而派克则保护他 |
[22:25] | You want Sweeney to testify against him? | 你想让斯威尼指证他吗 |
[22:28] | Yes. If he wants a reduction in his sentence. | 是的 要是他想减少刑期的话 |
[22:30] | The last witness you tried to turn against him was murdered. | 你的上一个试图指证他的证人被杀了 |
[22:33] | Yes. Well, we’ve learned from our mistakes. | 是的 我们从中也吸取了教训 |
[22:38] | Here, you can keep this. | 你们可以拿着这份档案 |
[22:49] | I was the ASA who won that plea bargain | 当时是我赢了那场辩诉交易 |
[22:51] | and you’re really considering reversing it? | 而如今你真要推翻它吗 |
[22:53] | Not reversing it. He’s served two years. | 不是推翻它 他已经服刑两年了 |
[22:54] | For killing a woman. | 因为他杀了个女人 |
[22:56] | No, involuntary manslaughter, with good behavior. | 不 是过失杀人罪 现在品行良好 |
[22:59] | This is Colin Sweeney we’re talking about. | 我们说的可是科林·斯威尼 |
[23:01] | The public knows his name. | 他的恶名众所周知 |
[23:03] | If we release him, we’ll be crucified. | 如果我们释放他 我们就被判死刑了 |
[23:04] | Not if we’re using him to stop | 不会 只要他可以帮助我们 |
[23:06] | a neo-Nazi from committing more murders from prison. | 阻止那个新纳粹分子杀害更多的人 |
[23:09] | What do you think, Imani? | 伊玛妮 你怎么认为 |
[23:12] | I think it’s worth it | 我认为值得 |
[23:13] | if we can stop this white supremacist. | 如果我们可以阻止这个白人至上主义者 |
[23:16] | Yeah. If you stop him. | 是的 如果可以阻止他 |
[23:18] | But if Colin Sweeney takes the stand, | 但是让科林·斯威尼做证的话 |
[23:19] | I don’t know a jury in the world who would trust him. | 恐怕没有哪个法官会相信他 |
[23:22] | Okay, we’re going to make the deal. | 好吧 我们做这笔交易 |
[23:24] | Peter, this is a mistake. | 彼得 这是个错误 |
[23:26] | You’ll be the man who released O.J. | 你就成了释放辛普森的人 |
[23:28] | Would you make the deal if it was just anybody? | 如果是其他人 你会做这笔交易吗 |
[23:29] | But it’s not just anybody. | 但这不是其他人 |
[23:30] | I know, but if it were… | 我知道 但如果是 |
[23:33] | would you make the deal? | 你会做这笔交易吗 |
[23:35] | Two years left on an involuntary manslaughter? | 他犯过失杀人罪 再过两年就刑满释放 |
[23:39] | There’s your answer. | 这就是答案 |
[23:40] | But Geneva makes a good point about the testimony. | 但吉妮瓦质疑他证言效力是有道理的 |
[23:43] | We’re going to make the deal, | 我们要做这笔交易 |
[23:44] | but he’s got to give us more. | 但是他得加码才行 |
[23:46] | What more? | 加什么码 |
[23:48] | A wire. | 让我们窃听他们的谈话 |
[23:52] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[23:55] | What have you got? | 你有什么消息 |
[23:56] | Keynote address at the Democratic Convention. | 民主党大会上的主旨发言 |
[24:00] | They were going with Spellman, | 他们原是要斯佩曼做的 |
[24:01] | but he has an issue opposing gay marriage, | 但是他反对同性恋婚姻 |
[24:03] | so I got you the hearing with Donna Brazile. | 所以我安排你跟唐娜·巴兹莉会面 |
[24:07] | I’m stunned. | 这可是个大惊喜 |
[24:08] | That’s why you hired me, Peter. | 彼得 这就是你雇用我的原因 |
[24:10] | To stun you. | 带给你惊喜 |
[24:12] | Look, you don’t have to decide about running for governor. | 你不用考虑竞选州长的事 |
[24:15] | Just take the meeting, sweep her off her feet, | 去跟她见面 然后让她倾服就行了 |
[24:17] | keep hitting the prison thing. | 多提监狱的事情 |
[24:19] | That’s your selling point. | 那是你的卖点 |
[24:21] | What? | 什么 |
[24:23] | I may be in the news this week. | 这周我可能会上新闻 |
[24:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:28] | A plea bargain that could gain a lot of attention. | 这场辩诉交易可能会引起很大的关注 |
[24:33] | Can you delay it? | 可以推迟吗 |
[24:34] | I could. | 我可以 |
[24:37] | But I won’t. | 但是我不推迟 |
[24:39] | So this ethical thing is for real, right? | 看来对于道德这些 你是动真格的? |
[24:44] | I would love to give that keynote speech. | 我很希望可以做主旨发言 |
[24:45] | Then don’t get in the news. | 那就不要上新闻 |
[24:49] | And what does Kalinda Sharma have against you? | 凯琳达·夏尔马为什么对你有意见 |
[24:52] | The investigator at Lockhart/ Gardner, | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所的调查员 |
[24:54] | she won’t do any work for you. | 她不帮你做事 |
[24:55] | What’s that about? | 这是为什么 |
[24:59] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[25:02] | Really? I didn’t know that. Is she good? | 真的吗 我不知道 她很棒吗 |
[25:04] | Caitlin? | 凯特琳吗 |
[25:06] | Yes. It’s just… | 是的 只是 |
[25:08] | she’s David Lee’s niece, and I’m feeling a little pressure. | 她是大卫·李的侄女 我有点压力 |
[25:10] | Who’s the better lawyer? | 谁更能胜任律师一职 |
[25:11] | Well, they’re both good. | 她们两个都很棒 |
[25:13] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[25:14] | I don’t know, there’s something about Martha. | 我不知道 玛莎有一些特质 |
[25:16] | I like her. | 让我更喜欢她 |
[25:18] | And Caitlin is a classic “C” Student. | 凯特琳是标准的C等学生 |
[25:20] | Well, you know what they say: | 有句话说 |
[25:21] | “A” Students make great professors, | A等学生当教授 |
[25:23] | “B” Students make great judges, | B等学生当法官 |
[25:24] | and “C” Students make partner. | C等学生当合伙人 |
[25:26] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[25:27] | Okay, I got to go. Thanks, Will. | 我得先挂电话了 谢谢你 威尔 |
[25:30] | Did you tell Jennifer not to be friends with me? | 是你让詹尼弗不要做我朋友的吗 |
[25:32] | Did I…? | 是我 |
[25:33] | Did you tell her not to be my friend? | 是你让她不要做我朋友的吗 |
[25:35] | No, I told her that I wanted her | 不 我希望她 |
[25:37] | to concentrate more on your studies. | 把精力多放在辅导你的学习上 |
[25:39] | Why? What did she say? | 怎么了 她说了什么 |
[25:40] | Nothing. | 没说什么 |
[25:42] | She left after we studied. | 在辅导我学习后 她就离开了 |
[25:45] | Why would you tell her that? | 你为什么跟她说那些话 |
[25:47] | Because, Grace… | 格蕾丝 因为 |
[25:49] | she’s 22, and you’re 14. | 她二十二岁 而你只有十四岁 |
[25:52] | – So? – So… | -所以呢 -所以 |
[25:54] | Why isn’t she with friends her own age? | 为什么她不和她的同龄人交朋友 |
[25:58] | Because she’s my friend. | 因为她是我的朋友 |
[25:59] | No, she’s you’re tutor. | 不 她是你的家教老师 |
[26:01] | I’m paying her. | 我付她工资 |
[26:02] | Why can’t she be both? | 她为什么不能当我老师又当我朋友 |
[26:06] | Because it’s unprofessional. | 因为那样不专业 |
[26:10] | It’s… | 那样 |
[26:11] | I don’t have friends, Mom. | 妈妈 我没有朋友 |
[26:13] | Don’t you know that? | 你不知道吗 |
[26:15] | She’s my only real friend. | 她是我唯一的真正的朋友 |
[26:18] | She’s my friend. | 她是我的朋友 |
[26:19] | And with you at work all the time… | 你又一直工作 |
[26:21] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[26:22] | You do not get to play that card. | 你不要拿这个说事 |
[26:28] | Look, maybe I overreacted. | 可能是我反应过度了 |
[26:31] | I just don’t want you doing these videos. | 我只是不想你做那些视频 |
[26:33] | I just think it’s dangerous to do them in the street. | 我只是觉得在街上做这些事情很危险 |
[26:37] | – It’s not. – Grace, would you please | -不会的 -格蕾丝 |
[26:38] | just let me be the parent for a minute here. | 请你听我说完 可以吗 |
[26:41] | If you want to take dance… | 如果你想学舞蹈的话 |
[26:43] | I don’t want to take dance. | 我不想学舞蹈 |
[26:45] | I just want to do this. | 我只想这样玩玩 |
[26:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:47] | Because it’s cool. | 因为这很酷 |
[26:48] | Because nobody else is doing it. | 因为没有别的人做这个 |
[26:57] | Okay, let me think on it. | 好吧 这事我会考虑一下 |
[27:03] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[27:25] | Ah, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[27:27] | The quality of convicts has really gone downhill. | 犯人的素质果真大不如前 |
[27:30] | We have a deal for you, Mr. Sweeney. | 我们想跟你做个交易 斯威尼先生 |
[27:32] | That’s why we’re meeting you here. | 所以到这里来见你 |
[27:33] | They will give you your freedom | 他们会放你出去 |
[27:35] | in exchange for evidence against Donny Pike. | 以换取对唐尼·派克的不利证据 |
[27:39] | – Donald? – Yes, | -唐纳德? -是的 |
[27:40] | he’s ordered the deaths of four witnesses from prison. | 他在监狱里遥控指挥杀了四个目击证人 |
[27:42] | You want me to testify against him? | 你要我指证他吗 |
[27:45] | No. The deal’s not for what you know. | 不 这个交易不是换取你已经知道的 |
[27:46] | It’s for what you’ll find out. | 而是换取你将要知道的 |
[27:47] | We don’t think you’re the most trustworthy witness. | 我们觉得你不是个很靠得住的证人 |
[27:49] | That’s why we’ll need you to wear a wire. | 因此你得戴上窃听器 |
[27:52] | That wasn’t the deal. | 交易里没这一条 |
[27:53] | Well, that’s the new deal. | 这个是新的条件 |
[27:56] | We’re arranging to have Pike transferred to another prison, | 我们计划将派克转送到另一所监狱 |
[27:59] | they’ll route him through County. | 他们将押解他途经库克郡 |
[28:00] | Mr. Sweeney and Pike will have three hours together in the yard. | 斯威尼先生将与派克在操场上共度三个小时 |
[28:04] | Get him to admit to his newest murder, and you’re free. | 让他承认新犯的谋杀案 你就自由了 |
[28:06] | No. It’s too dangerous. | 不行 那太危险了 |
[28:08] | Is it, Mr. Sweeney? | 是吗 斯威尼先生 |
[28:11] | Is it too dangerous? | 会太危险吗 |
[28:14] | You don’t want to do this. | 你不会愿意做这种事的 |
[28:15] | Alicia, it’s his decision. | 艾丽西娅 让他自己决定 |
[28:23] | You’re gonna have to supervise the wire. | 得由你来监听 |
[28:27] | He thinks you care about him. | 他觉得你在乎他 |
[28:29] | What’s even weirder– you do care about him. | 更奇怪的是 你确实在乎他 |
[28:31] | No. I don’t want him getting killed. | 不是的 我是怕他招致杀身之祸 |
[28:34] | That’s a pretty low bar for caring. | 这是最低限度的在乎 |
[28:36] | It’s a pretty high bar for a wife-killer. | 对一个杀妻犯来说算是很高限度了 |
[28:38] | You’re very interesting, Alicia. | 你真有意思 艾丽西娅 |
[28:41] | How did you end up with Will? | 你怎么跟威尔在一起了 |
[28:43] | What makes you think we ended up together? | 你怎么会觉得我们在一起了呢 |
[28:46] | Will’s attitude. | 威尔的态度 |
[28:48] | He’s smitten. | 他坠入情网了 |
[28:49] | Really? Smitten. | 真的吗 坠入情网 |
[28:51] | Feels like the right word. | 这词应该很贴切 |
[28:53] | It’s sweet and high school, and very vanilla. | 很甜蜜 像高中时 而且很纯粹 |
[29:00] | That’s no slam on you. | 你不怦然心动吗 |
[29:02] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[29:04] | But what about you? | 那么你呢 |
[29:06] | You broke up with Will nine years ago. | 九年前你跟威尔分了手 |
[29:08] | And yet, here you are, trying to hurt him. | 现在你又跑来 想伤他的心 |
[29:11] | Talk about high school. | 还聊高中时代 |
[29:14] | – What do you think you’re doing?! – David. | -你以为自己在做什么 -大卫 |
[29:16] | She’s my niece. I told you she’s my niece. | 她是我的侄女 我跟你说过了她是我侄女 |
[29:18] | Oh, wait a minute. You-You told me to hire who I wanted. | 等等 你说过我想雇谁就雇谁 |
[29:21] | Yes, and I told you she was my niece. | 是的 我也说了她是我侄女 |
[29:24] | What else do you need to know? | 你还有什么不明白的 |
[29:25] | Look, David, Caitlin’s good. | 大卫 凯特琳很优秀 |
[29:27] | She’s very good, and she’ll find another job. | 她非常优秀 她能找到别的工作 |
[29:29] | This isn’t about another. | 这不是能否找到别的工作的问题 |
[29:30] | Don’t you dare cross me again. | 不准再跟我做对 |
[29:32] | You said you didn’t want nepotism. | 你说过你不喜欢裙带关系 |
[29:34] | No, I said there was no nepotism. | 不 我说的是没有裙带关系 |
[29:37] | You are a third-year associate. | 你是个三年经验的律师 |
[29:39] | You were given this task because you are unimportant, | 让你干这个活是因为你人微权轻 |
[29:42] | and you can take a hint. | 会看人眼色 |
[29:43] | So take the hint, | 那你就好好领会别人的暗示 |
[29:45] | or we’ll take it out of your hands. | 否则就不让你干了 |
[29:56] | Let’s get a drink. | 我们去喝一杯吧 |
[30:01] | You know the best revenge? | 你知道怎么报仇最有用吗 |
[30:03] | Hide his Bluetooth. | 把他的蓝牙耳机藏起来 |
[30:05] | No. Hire his niece, and then make her life hell. | 不 雇他的侄女 然后整死她 |
[30:08] | Oh, my God, you are so right. | 天啊 你太对了 |
[30:09] | -You’ll never do it. -No, I will do it. | -你绝不会这么做 -不 我会这么做 |
[30:12] | I’m not a good person. | 我不是好人 |
[30:14] | Yes, you are. Shut up. | 你就是好人 闭嘴吧 |
[30:16] | I just don’t like women. | 我就是不喜欢女人 |
[30:18] | I find them uninteresting. | 我觉得她们没意思 |
[30:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[30:24] | I don’t like women. | 我不喜欢女人 |
[30:25] | They’re all competing with me. | 她们都在跟我竞争 |
[30:26] | Don’t men compete with you? | 男人们就不跟你竞争了吗 |
[30:28] | No, they don’t. | 是的 他们没有 |
[30:30] | You have female friends? | 你有女性朋友吗 |
[30:31] | No, | 没有 |
[30:33] | but I don’t have any male friends, either. | 但我也没有男性朋友 |
[30:37] | That’s so sad. | 真可悲 |
[30:39] | I’d be your friend, but I can’t. | 我想做你的朋友 但我不能 |
[30:41] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[30:42] | Because. Will. | 你懂的 威尔 |
[30:44] | – Ah, that’s right. – Yeah. | -没错 -是啊 |
[30:48] | I don’t like you being with him. | 我不喜欢你跟他在一起 |
[30:50] | I’m gonna break you two up. | 我要拆散你们 |
[30:54] | Okay. How? | 好啊 怎么做 |
[30:56] | How will I do it? | 怎么拆散你们吗 |
[30:58] | I will… tell you about him. | 我要向你揭他的短 |
[31:02] | Well, go ahead. | 尽管说 |
[31:04] | Give me your worst. | 把你知道的他最坏的一面都告诉我 |
[31:07] | No. I like you. | 不行 我喜欢你 |
[31:09] | See, that’s your problem. | 瞧 这就是你的问题 |
[31:10] | You built it up too much, | 你拼命地卖关子 |
[31:11] | so if he hasn’t buried a hobo in the desert, | 那如果不是他在沙漠里活埋了个流浪汉的话 |
[31:14] | I will be unimpressed. | 我是不会上心的 |
[31:16] | Oh, that’s ancient history anyway. | 说来是件很久远的事了 |
[31:18] | And it was only $45,000. | 只是45000美元而已 |
[31:21] | – That’s all? – Yup, and he put it back. | -就这么多吗 -是的 而且他还回来了 |
[31:25] | You’re so bad at this. | 你真的不擅长撒谎 |
[31:30] | Yeah, I know. I’m sorry. | 是的 我知道 抱歉 |
[31:31] | I’m transparent as cellophane. | 一眼就让你看穿了 |
[31:39] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[31:40] | – You’re kidding. – Nope. | -别开玩笑了 -才不是 |
[31:42] | Just remember, Will is like me. | 记住 威尔就像我一样 |
[31:47] | He’ll always disappoint you. | 总是会让你失望 |
[32:05] | Attention, attention… | 注意 注意… |
[32:10] | The microphone is sewn into your collar, Mr. Sweeney. | 麦克风被缝进你衣领里了 斯威尼先生 |
[32:13] | Just keep your hands away from it. | 别用手去碰它 |
[32:14] | Mm-hmm, very clever. | 真是聪明 |
[32:16] | Testing, testing! | 试音 试音 |
[32:18] | Just a normal voice, Mr. Sweeney. | 像平时一样说就行了 斯威尼先生 |
[32:21] | Okay, so just to remind you, | 行了 再提醒一下 |
[32:24] | Pike you know, | 派克你是知道的 |
[32:27] | but this fine citizen here is Darryl Boyd, | 此位守法公民叫达里尔·博伊德 |
[32:30] | Pike’s lieutenant on the outside. | 他是派克在狱外的爪牙 |
[32:31] | Pike orders a hit in here, Boyd carries it out on the street. | 派克在狱中下令干掉谁 博伊德就在大街上执行 |
[32:34] | This is Garfield Park just last week. | 这是上周刚刚在加菲公园发生的[高级住宅区] |
[32:38] | You get Pike to admit he ordered the Garfield Park hit, | 你设法让派克承认加菲公园刺杀案是他主使的 |
[32:41] | and I sign your release authorization. | 我就给你签出狱许可 |
[32:43] | Simple as that, huh? | 很简单 不是吗 |
[32:45] | I’ll be right here, Mr. Sweeney, watching. | 我将在这儿注视你们 斯威尼先生 |
[32:47] | Anything goes wrong, | 稍有变故 |
[32:49] | just walk away. | 你就走开 |
[32:50] | They have security guards standing by. | 他们有警卫守在边上 |
[32:51] | They won’t get there in time. | 他们来不及赶过去的 |
[32:54] | When things happen, Mrs. Florrick, they happen fast. | 如果有事 福瑞克夫人 那就是瞬间之事 |
[32:59] | Well, don’t get yourself killed, okay? | 反正别让自己丢了性命 好吗 |
[33:02] | Words to live by. | 我努力照你说的做 |
[33:05] | Okay, | 行了 |
[33:06] | – Here we go. – Break a leg. | -我们出发吧 -祝你好运 |
[33:21] | Hey, it’s Sweeney. | 看看 斯威尼来了 |
[33:23] | What’s up, paperboy? | 怎么了 小屁孩 |
[33:24] | It’s all right, he’s cool. | 没事 他看上去不错 |
[33:26] | Donald, hey. | 唐纳德 你好啊 |
[33:28] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[33:30] | Testifying. | 作证 |
[33:31] | Some civil case. | 涉及一个民事诉讼 |
[33:33] | Just an excuse for a vacation, actually. | 其实只不过是找个借口放个假而已 |
[33:35] | I talked it up so they’d go for it. | 我扯上几句然后他们就信以为真了 |
[33:38] | So what’s going on with the market? | 市场表现如何 |
[33:40] | Did you see HP? | 你看过惠普的走势吗 |
[33:41] | Yeah, don’t worry. | 是的 别担心 |
[33:43] | Sell at 20 and you’ll be fine. | 到20块卖了就好了 |
[33:46] | Listen, Donald, I wanted to ask you about something. | 听着 唐纳德 我想向你打听些事儿 |
[33:50] | Um, I read about Garfield Park in the paper. | 我看到报纸上讲加菲公园的事 |
[33:55] | Was that you? | 是你干的吗 |
[33:58] | What is he doing? | 他在干什么 |
[33:59] | Why you talking about stuff | 斯威尼 你怎么议论起 |
[34:00] | that don’t concern you, Sweeney? | 和你毫不相干的事情来了 |
[34:02] | No, no, no, I was just wondering. | 不 不 我只是想想而已 |
[34:04] | Well, don’t. | 想都别去想 |
[34:05] | You know, you’re funny. | 你要知道 你很有趣 |
[34:07] | Like a pet. | 像个宠物一样 |
[34:10] | Don’t make me put you down. | 可别失宠了 |
[34:19] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[34:21] | I like him, too. | 我也是 |
[34:22] | He has a good story. | 他的故事不错 |
[34:23] | He does– prison, wrongful conviction, | 的确 定罪不公 身陷囹圄 |
[34:25] | back from the dead. | 最后起死回生 |
[34:27] | He’d make a good keynote. | 他做主旨发言肯定错不了 |
[34:28] | He speaks well. | 他的演讲水平很好 |
[34:29] | He does. | 是的 |
[34:32] | So? | 那么 |
[34:35] | I just don’t want him to blow up in our face. | 我只是不想因为他而使我们栽跟头 |
[34:39] | How would he blow up in your face? | 此话怎讲 |
[34:40] | His marriage. | 他的婚姻 |
[34:43] | Are you hearing something? | 你听到了些什么吗 |
[34:44] | Of course I am. | 当然 |
[34:46] | I’m hearing they live apart, | 我听说他们分居了 |
[34:49] | and if I’m hearing it, the Republicans are hearing it, too. | 如果我听说了 那共和党人肯定也是 |
[34:51] | If they were hearing it, they’d use it. | 如果他们听说了 他们早该大做文章了 |
[34:53] | No, they would do what we would do– | 不 他们会像我们一样 |
[34:55] | release it the day before he speaks. | 在他演讲的前一天才发布这个消息 |
[35:00] | Of course you don’t have an issue with it, Eli. | 你自然不会拿这当回事 伊莱 |
[35:02] | Peter Florrick is in office. | 彼得·福瑞克正在任上 |
[35:04] | When he runs for governor, they will use it. | 当他要竞选州长时 他们就会利用这消息 |
[35:07] | They will use all of it, not just on him but his wife, too. | 大加利用 不止是他 还有他妻子 |
[35:14] | What if I promised they’d be together? | 假使我能保证他们呆在一起呢 |
[35:18] | Is that a promise you can keep? | 你真能保证得了这个吗 |
[35:20] | Yes, it is. | 是的 我能 |
[35:22] | Then we’ll consider him for keynote. | 那我们就考虑让他做主旨发言 |
[35:25] | Again, Eli, I like him. | 我再说一遍 伊莱 我喜欢他 |
[35:27] | He’s a thoroughbred, | 他很有教养 |
[35:30] | but I just can’t risk… risk. | 但我不能冒意外的风险 |
[35:41] | Okay, here he goes. | 好 他过去了 |
[35:42] | We’ve got about ten minutes before they return | 在他们回牢房前 |
[35:43] | to their cells. | 我们大概有十分钟的时间 |
[35:44] | I thought we were done talking. | 我觉得我们都说完了 |
[35:46] | I-I-I want to know about Garfield Park. | 我想知道加菲公园的事 |
[35:49] | Is he out of his mind? | 他疯了吗 |
[35:50] | Look at this guy. | 看看这家伙 |
[35:52] | What are you, stupid? | 你怎么了 傻了吗 |
[35:53] | What, are you smoking crack with the brothers? | 你和你那帮哥们抽大烟抽傻了吗 |
[35:55] | Get the guard ready. | 让警卫们准备好 |
[35:56] | I think he looks like a snitch. | 我觉得他像是个告密的 |
[35:57] | – Think he looks like a snitch? – Go now, Cary. | -你们觉得他像告密的吗 -快去吧 凯里 |
[35:59] | He’s a snitch. | 他就是个告密的 |
[36:02] | You got to pull him out now. | 你现在就得去把他救出来 |
[36:03] | We pull him out now, no deal. | 现在救出来就没协议谈了 |
[36:04] | Wait, listen. | 等等 你们听 |
[36:06] | Hey, hey, Donald, I-I didn’t mean anything by it. | 唐纳德 我没什么恶意 |
[36:09] | Why the hell do you keep asking? | 那你为啥要刨根究底 |
[36:11] | ‘Cause I-I need your help. | 因为我需要你帮忙 |
[36:13] | You know what they did. | 你知道他们都做了什么 |
[36:14] | They took my company from me. | 他们夺走了我的公司 |
[36:16] | Everybody here’s got a story, paperboy. | 这里每个人背后都有个故事 小屁孩 |
[36:18] | What makes you so special? | 干吗偏要听你的 |
[36:20] | I have money… | 我有的是钱 |
[36:22] | and I want the man who did this dead. | 而且我要那人付出代价 |
[36:26] | Gerald Drescher. | 杰拉德·德勒施 |
[36:27] | He used to be my vice president | 在我被他出卖之前 |
[36:28] | until he stabbed me in the back. | 他一直是我的副手 |
[36:32] | You’re serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[36:34] | How much would it cost? | 说个价 |
[36:36] | A guy like that has security. | 像他这种有保安的 |
[36:38] | Oh, nothing worse than the security in Garfield Park. | 加菲公园的保安你都搞得定 |
[36:43] | Uh, | 让我想想 |
[36:44] | job like that– it’ll cost a lot of money. | 接这样的活 得花不少 |
[36:48] | That’s why I got to know what I’m getting. | 所以我得知道我这笔生意值不值 |
[36:51] | Okay, here he goes, nice move. | 就是这样 这招漂亮 |
[36:52] | You’re pushing it, Sweeney. | 你别逼太急了 斯威尼 |
[36:54] | You’re in prison. | 可你却身在监狱 |
[36:57] | I’m asking, how can you get it done? | 我再问一次 你怎样把事办妥 |
[37:07] | All right, sure. | 好吧 当然 |
[37:11] | Garfield Park– yeah, that was me. | 加菲公园的案子 不错 就是我干的 |
[37:14] | My boy on the outside– I get word to through my sister. | 我的人在外面 我通过我妹妹传话 |
[37:20] | I give the green light, he does the hit. | 我一声令下 他就动手 |
[37:26] | A hit on his vice president, huh? | 对他的副手下手 |
[37:29] | Oh, come on, he had to say something. | 别这样 他必须得这么说 |
[37:31] | You have the release authorization? | 你带释放许可了吗 |
[37:33] | Already blessed by Judge Romano. | 已经由罗曼诺法官签署了 |
[37:39] | Pleasure doing business with you. | 合作愉快 |
[37:49] | Is your health issue from the other day better, Mr. Sweeney? | 你的身体好些了吗 斯威尼先生 |
[37:52] | Much better, thank you. | 好多了 多谢关心 |
[37:54] | My goodness, I must have made a fuss here. | 天哪 怪我太小题大做了 |
[37:57] | Food poisoning. | 只是食物中毒而已 |
[37:58] | Uh, now, Mr. Sweeney, you testified | 斯威尼先生 你曾证实 |
[38:01] | that you were present at the IPO meeting? | 出席首次公开发行股票会议 |
[38:04] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[38:05] | And did you hear any discussion | 有没有听到什么 |
[38:07] | about the deicing in the wings? | 关于机翼除冰的决定 |
[38:09] | Oh, yes, | 是的 |
[38:10] | I heard everything, | 我什么都听到了 |
[38:12] | and it’s not good. | 而且是在不是什么好事 |
[38:21] | Good job, I, I hear you saved some kind of case today. | 干的好 听说你今天解决了一个案子 |
[38:26] | Oh, I just– we got a settlement. | 我只是 只是和解而已 |
[38:28] | Great, great. | 好极了 |
[38:31] | We should talk sometime. | 我们该找个时间聊聊 |
[38:32] | About? | 聊什么 |
[38:33] | The future. | 谈谈未来 |
[38:35] | What else? | 还能聊些什么呢 |
[38:41] | I’m so sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[38:43] | Thank you for coming back in, Martha. | 谢谢你回来 玛莎 |
[38:45] | I just had a few more questions before we decide. | 在我们决定之前 我还需要问些问题 |
[38:49] | Before you…? | 什么 |
[38:50] | What are you talking about? | 你说的什么意思 |
[38:51] | They already decided. | 他们不是都已经决定了吗 |
[38:53] | I-I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[38:55] | I didn’t get the job here. | 我没有得到这份工作 |
[38:56] | I turned down my other job | 我回绝了另一份工作 |
[38:58] | because I thought I had this, and now… | 因为我觉得我势在必得 可现在 |
[39:01] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[39:02] | Well, who told you you didn’t get this? | 谁告诉你你没有应聘成功 |
[39:04] | The hiring committee. They called. | 雇用委员会 他们电话通知的 |
[39:06] | Well, there must be some sort of mistake, | 这其中肯定有误会 |
[39:08] | because I haven’t decided yet. | 因为我还没有决定呢 |
[39:10] | No, they did. | 可他们决定了 |
[39:11] | He said I was close, but they had a vote. | 他说我就差一点点 可他们投票决定了 |
[39:14] | So what happened? | 我到底哪里不足了 |
[39:19] | Now, your office is on the 27th floor, | 你的办公室在27楼 |
[39:21] | but I want to show you around here first. | 可我得先带你来这逛一圈 |
[39:23] | – Now, this… – Alicia! | -这里是 -艾丽西娅 |
[39:25] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[39:27] | I am just so thrilled. | 我实在太激动了 |
[39:29] | David said it was all you. | 大卫说是你决定的 |
[39:31] | You picked me, and you’re gonna be my mentor. | 你选了我 而且你将会是我的导师 |
[39:33] | Yes, Alicia, thank you. | 是的 艾丽西娅 谢谢你 |
[39:36] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[39:37] | Anyway, I am really looking forward to working with you. | 我太期待和你合作了 |
[39:41] | Thank you again. | 再次感谢您 |
[39:54] | I don’t get it. | 我就是搞不懂 |
[39:55] | Why put me through the charade… | 干吗要把我扯进这场猜字游戏里 |
[39:56] | – Alicia.. – No. I want to know. | -艾丽西娅 -我就是想知道 |
[39:59] | I never had any power, did I? | 我从头至尾根本就没有过决定权 对吧 |
[40:00] | It was all rigged. | 我只是个木偶 |
[40:03] | David Lee appealed to the hiring committee, | 大卫·李向雇用委员会申请的 |
[40:04] | and the hiring committee voted to go another way. | 然后雇用委员会投票决定改变之前的选择 |
[40:06] | That’s all. It happens. | 事情就是这样 常有这种事 |
[40:15] | Which way did you vote? | 你投了哪个 |
[40:17] | On what? | 投什么 |
[40:18] | The committee voted for Caitlin and against Martha. | 凯特琳和玛莎的投票 |
[40:20] | Which way did you vote? | 你投了哪个 |
[40:24] | I voted with David Lee. | 我和大卫·李投的一样 |
[40:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:31] | Because I owed him. | 因为这是我欠他的 |
[40:33] | For what? | 欠他什么了 |
[40:35] | – You don’t want to know. – I do want to know. | -你不会想知道的 -我就是想知道 |
[40:37] | I feel used, Will. | 我感觉被利用了 威尔 |
[40:38] | I feel like I was given a job and it was taken away from me. | 我感觉 你们给了我一个任务 又夺走了 |
[40:50] | There was a Martha | 雇用你时 那时也有一个 |
[40:51] | when we hired you, Alicia. | 玛莎一样的人 艾丽西娅 |
[40:55] | On paper, she was the better candidate | 理论上 她是更好的候选人 |
[40:57] | and you were the… Caitlin. | 而你就是当时的 凯特琳 |
[41:05] | You were gonna lose in a vote. | 你会在投票中败出 |
[41:08] | I asked David Lee to vote with me. | 我就请求大卫·李帮我投票 |
[41:14] | So I owed him. | 所以我欠他个人情 |
[41:22] | You okay? | 没事吧 |
[41:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:32] | Caitlin often surprise you. | 凯特琳这种人往往会让你大为惊奇 |