时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | The evidence does not support the finding | 这些证据无法证明 |
[00:11] | that my client is guilty of premeditated murder. | 我当事人是预谋谋杀 |
[00:14] | Alicia? Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 艾丽西娅 |
[00:17] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[00:21] | Your Honor, the trial is over. | 法官阁下 庭审已经结束 |
[00:22] | The jury has heard the evidence. | 陪审团已聆讯所有证据 |
[00:24] | The arguments now are purely about | 现在的争论点纯粹是关于 |
[00:25] | your jury instructions, that’s all… | 您给陪审团的指示 这正是… |
[00:27] | – And that’s what we’re arguing, Your Honor… – Mr. Agos? | -这正是我们要争辩的 法官阁下 -艾格斯先生 |
[00:29] | I know that interruption is a standard trope | 我知道现代人对于打断别人说话 |
[00:31] | of today’s modern discourse, | 早就习以为常 |
[00:32] | but do you happen to remember what I said about it? | 但你还记得我是怎么说的吗 |
[00:34] | You said you didn’t like it. | 您说您不喜欢这种行为 |
[00:35] | Yes. If you did it again? | 是的 如果你再犯呢 |
[00:37] | – I was gonna have to go sit down. – That’s right. | -我就要退下去 -是的 |
[00:39] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[00:40] | The prosecution worries they failed to | 控方担心此案无法 |
[00:42] | make their case for first-degree murder. | 建立一级谋杀的罪名 |
[00:43] | We sympathize. | 我们表示同情 |
[00:45] | We don’t think they made their case, either. | 我们也认为此案罪名并不成立 |
[00:47] | Our client is innocent. | 我当事人是清白的 |
[00:49] | Officer Fisher didn’t kill her husband. | 费雪警官没有杀害她的丈夫 |
[00:51] | She didn’t take her service revolver | 她并没有用自己的配枪 |
[00:53] | and shoot him in the head. | 射杀她丈夫头部 |
[00:54] | Yes, I see your hand, Counselor. | 好的 我知道你有话要说 控方律师 |
[00:56] | Are you finished, Ms. Lockhart? | 你说完了吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[00:58] | Yes, I am, Your Honor. | 说完了 法官阁下 |
[01:00] | The defense is forcing the jury | 辩方这是强迫陪审团 |
[01:02] | into an all-or-nothing deliberation– | 进行审议时 只有两种极端选择 |
[01:04] | first-degree murder or not guilty. | 一级谋杀 或无罪释放 |
[01:05] | You’re the ones who fought the all-or-nothing prosecution… | 是你提出这种起诉… |
[01:07] | Mr. Coyne. | 科因先生 |
[01:11] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[01:13] | The evidence at trial is what should guide your decision. | 您应以庭审中的证据为判定依据 |
[01:15] | The jury heard evidence | 呈给陪审团的证据 |
[01:17] | from which they could reasonably conclude that the elements | 可以让他们合理地判断出 |
[01:19] | of second-degree murder have not been met… | 二级谋杀的因素并未… |
[01:21] | Ms. Venegas. Yes. | 维妮嘉丝女士 你好 |
[01:22] | Yes, I received your message, ma’am. | 我收到了你的来信 女士 |
[01:24] | I’m so sorry, but we can’t accommodate you. | 我很抱歉 我们无法接收你的孩子 |
[01:27] | We limit enrollment to the beginning of the year. | 我们只在年初招收新生 |
[01:29] | I understand. It’s just… | 我理解 只是… |
[01:32] | I know occasionally you make exceptions. | 我知道偶尔也会有例外 |
[01:34] | For legacy students, yes. | 对于特长生 是的 |
[01:35] | My children were students at your elementary school | 在我丈夫跟我搬走前 我的孩子们 |
[01:37] | before my husband and I moved away. | 曾就读于你们的小学 |
[01:39] | He’s the new State’s Attorney, you know. | 他是新任的州检察官 |
[01:41] | Oh, Peter Florrick? | 彼得·福瑞克啊 |
[01:44] | I wasn’t making the connection. | 我没有想到你的他妻子 |
[01:45] | Yes, and he would be thrilled if we could work this out. | 如果能解决这个问题 他肯定很高兴 |
[01:50] | Let’s just meet to discuss. | 让我们先见面谈谈吧 |
[01:53] | Certainly. But you understand I can’t make any promises. | 当然 但你要知道我没法做任何保证 |
[01:55] | Oh, yes, I understand. Does tomorrow at 10:00 work? | 当然 我理解 明早十点可以吗 |
[01:58] | Great! | 太好了 |
[02:00] | Thank you so much, Ms. Venegas. I’ll see you then. | 非常感谢 维妮嘉丝女士 明天见 |
[02:06] | Peter, hi. | 彼得 |
[02:07] | I set up a meeting with the headmistress at Capstone. | 我跟顶点中学的女校长约了次会面 |
[02:10] | Really? I thought they said no. | 真的吗 他们不是拒绝了吗 |
[02:11] | They did, but they’re open to a meeting, | 是这样 但他们愿意见面谈谈 |
[02:13] | and it wouldn’t hurt if you gave them a call. | 你若能打个电话 只会好办事 |
[02:16] | She seemed… persuadable. | 她听起来…有回旋余地 |
[02:18] | When is the meeting? | 什么时候会面 |
[02:19] | it’s tomorrow at 10:00, but you don’t have to go. | 明天上午十点 你不一定要去 |
[02:20] | – I’ll go. – Okay. | -我会去的 -那好 |
[02:22] | Tomorrow at 10:00. | 那明天十点 |
[02:24] | And… I think she liked the State’s Attorney thing, so… | 我觉得她挺看重州检察官的头衔… |
[02:27] | I’ll play it up. Okay? | 我会装官腔的 |
[02:29] | All right, bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[02:31] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[02:32] | The judge won’t instruct on second-degree murder. | 法官不会给陪审团二级谋杀的指示 |
[02:34] | It’s Judge Dunaway. You said he leaned toward the prosecution. | 是达纳韦法官 你说他是倾向于控方的 |
[02:36] | He used to. | 他以前如是此 |
[02:38] | Where’s the jury on this? | 陪审团的态度如何 |
[02:39] | I don’t think we convinced them of first degree. | 我认为我们没能说服他们这是一级谋杀 |
[02:41] | – You agree? – I think the jury likes her. | -你同意吗 -我认为陪审团喜欢她 |
[02:43] | I don’t think we made the sale on premeditation. | 我觉得在有预谋这点上 我们说服力不够 |
[02:45] | – So, why didn’t we? – We had a witness that fell through. | -为何不够 -我们的一名证人表现很差 |
[02:47] | And some of the motions… they just didn’t go our way. | 还有一些动议 都对我们不利 |
[02:57] | Make the deal. | 达成认罪协议吧 |
[02:58] | They’ll want manslaughter. | 他们想要过失杀人 |
[02:59] | Manslaughter, no. Second degree, four years. | 过失杀人不行 二级谋杀 四年 |
[03:04] | Where the hell are all the tough-on-crime judges these days? | 这年头那些会严惩罪犯的法官都哪去了 |
[03:16] | – Mr. Gardner. – One second. | -加德纳先生 -等一下 |
[03:22] | I don’t want things to be awkward. | 我不希望我们之间变得尴尬 |
[03:24] | I so don’t want things to be awkward. | 我也绝不希望我们之间变得尴尬 |
[03:26] | Good. Then they won’t be. | 很好 那就不会尴尬 |
[03:30] | So, that’s it then, isn’t it? | 就这样了 是吗 |
[03:32] | What? | 什么 |
[03:34] | We just decide it, and it’s so? | 我们刚做的决定 这就可以了吗 |
[03:36] | Yep. We’re adults. | 是的 我们都是成年人了 |
[03:38] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[03:39] | Looks like you’re needed. | 看起来你有事要做 |
[03:41] | Then I’ll get back to work. | 那我先去工作了 |
[03:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:45] | You have no reason to thank me, Alicia. | 你完全不用谢我 艾丽西娅 |
[03:47] | No reason at all. | 完全不用 |
[03:52] | I have these discovery documents | 我这里有些文件 |
[03:54] | for you to go over… | 要你过目 |
[03:58] | Well fought, Cary. | 想的很全面 加里 |
[03:59] | You’ve become quite the litigator. | 你这个公诉人做得不错 |
[04:01] | Thank you, Diane. We try to keep you guys honest. | 谢谢夸奖 戴安 只是尽职尽责罢了 |
[04:03] | So, we have an offer. | 我们有个提议 |
[04:05] | We probably should hurry, or the jury will be in soon. | 那得快点 陪审团很快就要有判决了 |
[04:09] | Second degree, four years. | 二级谋杀 四年 |
[04:15] | Diane, you still there? | 戴安 你还在线吗 |
[04:17] | Yes, I’m here. | 是的 我在 |
[04:18] | We’re just thinking it over. | 我们只是在考虑 |
[04:19] | We’ll take it to our client. | 我们会通知我当事人 |
[04:21] | But she’ll be much more inclined if you offer probation. | 若能有缓刑 她会更倾向于接受 |
[04:23] | It’s not going to be probation. | 缓刑免谈 |
[04:25] | She killed her husband for the insurance money. | 她为了保险金杀害了她的丈夫 |
[04:26] | – He committed suicide. – Come on, he committed suicide | -他是自杀 -他用她的配枪 |
[04:28] | with her service revolver…?! | 来自杀吗 |
[04:29] | Too bad you couldn’t shake the alibi. | 很可惜你们无法推翻不在场证明 |
[04:30] | Okay, let’s not go over this again. | 好了 不要再争了 |
[04:31] | We’ll, we’ll take it to our client, Cary. | 我们会转达给我当事人 加里 |
[04:34] | – That’s all we can say. – Okay, do. | -其他无法保证 -那就去吧 |
[04:35] | Just know you’re not getting any better than this, okay, Diane? | 只是要记着这是我们的底线 戴安 |
[04:37] | Bye. | 回见 |
[04:39] | – Yes! – Yes! | -太好了 -太好了 |
[04:40] | Oh! Oh, well done! | 做得好 |
[04:44] | They’re offering second-degree murder. | 对方提出二级谋杀的协议 |
[04:46] | Four years. | 四年 |
[04:47] | Four years? | 四年 |
[04:48] | The statutory minimum. | 这是法定最短年限 |
[04:50] | You’ll be out in one. | 你一年后就能出狱 |
[04:51] | It’s good news, Lauryn. | 这是好消息 劳伦 |
[04:52] | They’re worried about their case; | 他们担心会无罪释放 |
[04:54] | that’s why they’re making an offer. | 所以给了一个提议 |
[04:55] | So I should wait for a verdict? | 那我不是应该等判决吗 |
[04:57] | I don’t know. Juries are unpredictable. | 我不知道 陪审员难以预料 |
[05:01] | You’re not saying much. | 你都没怎么说话 |
[05:03] | I don’t have much to say. | 我没有其他要说的 |
[05:05] | Well, what should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[05:06] | A year in prison or roll the dice with a verdict? | 入狱一年还是孤注一掷等判决 |
[05:11] | I think… that you need to make that decision, Lauryn. | 我认为…必须由你来做决定 劳伦 |
[05:15] | You can’t defer to anyone else. | 你不能让他人替你决定 |
[05:17] | You know what you did; you know what you didn’t do. | 你知道自己是否清白 |
[05:19] | You also know sometimes that doesn’t matter. | 你也知道有时真相并不重要 |
[05:22] | It comes down to two things: the skill of your lawyers, | 重要的有两件事 一是律师的水平 |
[05:25] | and the jury. | 二是陪审团 |
[05:27] | You have good lawyers. | 我们表现得很好 |
[05:29] | The trial went our way, but the jury… | 庭审对我们有利 但陪审团… |
[05:33] | is an unknown. | 是未知之谜 |
[05:35] | They’re your peers. | 他们与你是一样的人 |
[05:37] | And I’ve never understood my peers. | 而我从来读不懂我的同类 |
[05:46] | I didn’t do this. | 我没有杀人 |
[05:49] | That’s why I’m going to pass on this deal. | 所以我不会接受这个协议 |
[05:52] | I can’t spend another day in prison for something I didn’t do. | 我不要为自己没做的事 再在监狱呆一天 |
[05:56] | – I’ll roll the dice. – Okay. | -我决定搏一搏 -好的 |
[05:58] | Then we sit and wait for the jury. | 那我们就等着陪审团的判决 |
[06:03] | Oh, yeah, I talked with that headmistress. | 我跟那个女校长谈过了 |
[06:07] | She’s a real piece of work. | 她绝对有一套 |
[06:10] | So, we’ll split the cost. | 学费我们平分 |
[06:12] | No, I’ve got it. | 不用 我能付 |
[06:13] | We’re going to split the cost of private school, Alicia. | 我们一起付上私立的费用 艾丽西娅 |
[06:16] | That’s non-negotiable. | 这点没得商量 |
[06:19] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[06:20] | Where are we at with Grace? | 对格蕾丝 我们怎么办 |
[06:22] | No TV, no computer except homework. | 不许看电视 除了做作业不许玩电脑 |
[06:24] | No calls except to us. | 除了给我们 不许打电话 |
[06:26] | And no calling Jimmy Patrick. | 不许联系吉米·帕特里克 |
[06:27] | That’s that Christian kid she was with? | 那个跟她在一起的基督教徒吗 |
[06:29] | Yeah. I’m gonna talk to him. | 是的 我会去找他谈谈 |
[06:31] | Oh, no, no, no, I’ll talk to him. | 不 不用 我去吧 |
[06:33] | No, I will. | 不了 我去 |
[06:35] | I’m just bringing my computer for my homework. | 我带电脑过去是为了做作业 |
[06:37] | Dad is keeping track. | 你爸会盯着你的 |
[06:38] | Yeah, and Dad’s a lot meaner than Mom. | 没错 老爸可比老妈严多了 |
[06:40] | Dad, do I get to drive? | 爸爸 可以让我开车吗 |
[06:43] | Call me on your way to school tomorrow. | 明天上学路上给我打个电话 |
[06:45] | – Okay. – Love you. | -好 -爱你 |
[06:46] | – Love you. – See ya. | -爱你们 -再见 |
[07:08] | Joan of Arc, as only cable can tell it. | 圣女贞德 有线电视台独家播出 |
[07:14] | If only the Armagnacs and the Burgundians | 如果阿马尼亚克派和勃艮第派 |
[07:16] | would unite under one leadership. | 能在一人领导下统一就好了 |
[07:18] | Does Monsieur want me to wash between the legs? | 先生 请问双腿之间您是否要洗 |
[07:20] | Oui. | 是的[法语] |
[07:21] | But then there’s Burgundy, | 然而在勃艮第 |
[07:22] | and this insufferable peace treat… | 这样的款待令人盛情难却… |
[07:24] | Hi, it’s me. | 你好 是我 |
[07:28] | I know I shouldn’t have called… | 我知道我不该打来的… |
[07:32] | Are you sure? It’s not too late? | 你确定吗 还不算太晚吗 |
[07:43] | Hey, sis. | 好啊 老姐 |
[07:45] | You’re lonely. That’s the problem. | 你寂寞了 这是症结所在 |
[07:48] | I’m lonely. I know I’m lonely. | 我寂寞了 这我知道 |
[07:50] | So go call him. | 那就给他打个电话 |
[07:52] | – Who? – Will. | -给谁 -威尔 |
[07:55] | Owen, you’re not listening to me. | 欧文 你都没在听我说 |
[07:58] | I have kids. | 我有孩子 |
[08:00] | You don’t have kids. They’re with Peter. | 你没有孩子 他们在彼得那里 |
[08:02] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:03] | Do you suddenly become a non-sexual person | 就因为有孩子 你就突然 |
[08:05] | just because you have kids? | 变成一个禁欲者吗 |
[08:06] | No. I am a parent. | 不 我是个母亲 |
[08:08] | And I have to stop being irresponsible. | 我不能再不负责任了 |
[08:11] | How are you being irresponsible? | 你怎么不负责任了 |
[08:13] | I’m married. | 我已经结婚了 |
[08:14] | Then get divorced. | 那就离婚啊 |
[08:16] | You’re not Catholic. | 你又不是天主教徒 |
[08:17] | Nobody’s gonna send you to hell. | 没有人会把你送入地狱的 |
[08:19] | Are you in love with Will? | 你爱威尔吗 |
[08:22] | No, I don’t think I am. | 不 我觉得不爱 |
[08:23] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[08:25] | Seriously. | 真的 |
[08:26] | I think I was in love with “It.” | 我觉得我是爱”它” |
[08:29] | You know, the attention. | 就是那种吸引力 |
[08:30] | – The… – Raw, animalistic sex? | -那种 -原始 肉欲的性爱吗 |
[08:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:34] | But… I didn’t like the lying. | 但… 我不喜欢撒谎 |
[08:39] | And I… and I don’t like… I mean, he’s my boss. | 我不喜欢 我是说 他是我老板 |
[08:43] | Then quit. | 那就放弃吧 |
[08:45] | I don’t mean quit working. | 我不是说放弃事业 |
[08:47] | I mean, quit that job. Get another one. | 我是说 辞了那份工作 再找一份 |
[08:50] | It’s too complicated. I don’t like complications. | 太复杂了 我不喜欢复杂的事 |
[08:54] | I need friends. | 我需要朋友 |
[08:56] | Then get friends. You-you had good friends. | 那就去找你朋友 你过去有很多好朋友 |
[09:00] | Yeah, I did, didn’t I? | 是的 过去有 不是吗 |
[09:03] | Where are they all? | 那他们现在在哪里 |
[09:05] | Probably on Facebook. | 八成在校内上 |
[09:07] | What about… try that tennis woman, | 那… 那个打网球的女人如何 |
[09:09] | what was her name? | 叫什么名字来着 |
[09:10] | It was like a governmental agency… FEMA? | 名字像是个政府机构… 费玛吗 |
[09:15] | Senna. | 是塞娜 |
[09:18] | She was nice, wasn’t she? | 她挺好的 不是吗 |
[09:21] | Oh, this can’t be good. | 准没好事 |
[09:24] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:26] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[09:27] | I’d like to thank the jury for their diligence | 感谢陪审团尽职尽责 |
[09:30] | and insisting on staying past dinner. | 晚餐后 仍坚持留在这里 |
[09:33] | I understand we have a verdict. | 我想你们该有裁决了 |
[09:34] | We do, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[09:41] | Mr. Foreman, you may read the verdict. | 陪审长 由你来宣读裁决 |
[09:45] | We, the jury, find the defendant, | 陪审团 裁决被告 |
[09:47] | Lauryn Fisher, guilty of murder in the first degree. | 劳伦·费雪 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[09:52] | No. | 不 |
[09:54] | Get Kalinda; she’s on her way in. | 去找凯琳达 她在来的路上 |
[10:02] | Kalinda, it’s guilty. | 凯琳达 被判罪名成立了 |
[10:07] | Your Honor, we ask… | 法官阁下 我方请求… |
[10:09] | Would you like me to poll the jury? | 是否要陪审团成员的明确表态 |
[10:11] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[10:12] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们 先生们 |
[10:14] | the defense would like to make certain | 辩方律师想知道 |
[10:16] | that all members of the jury support this verdict, | 是否所有陪审团成员都同意这项裁决 |
[10:18] | so I will ask you one at a time for your individual verdicts. | 所以我将挨个询问你们的个人判决结果 |
[10:23] | It isn’t over, Lauryn, not by a long shot. | 还没结束呢 劳伦 绝没有 |
[10:24] | Juror number one, what is your verdict? | 1号陪审员 你的裁决是什么 |
[10:27] | – Guilty. – Actually, sir, | -有罪 -实际上 先生 |
[10:29] | you have to say, “Guilty of murder in the first degree.” | 你得说 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[10:32] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:34] | Guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[10:36] | Juror number two, what is your verdict? | 2号陪审员 你的裁决是什么 |
[10:38] | Guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[10:39] | Juror number three, what is your verdict? | 3号陪审员 你的裁决是什么 |
[10:41] | Guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[10:43] | Juror number four, what is your verdict? | 4号陪审员 你的裁决是什么 |
[10:45] | Guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[10:46] | Juror number five, what is your verdict? | 5号陪审员 你的裁决是什么 |
[10:52] | I… | 我… |
[10:55] | Guilty of murder… in the first degree. | 一级谋杀… 罪名成立 |
[10:59] | Sorry. I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 我很抱歉 |
[11:01] | Juror number six, what is your verdict? | 6号陪审员 你的裁决是什么 |
[11:03] | Guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[11:07] | Juror number 12, | 12号陪审员 |
[11:08] | what is your verdict? | 你的裁决是什么 |
[11:10] | Not guilty of… | 罪名不成… |
[11:12] | Guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[11:15] | Well, thank you, jurors, that ends your service. | 感谢陪审员们的贡献 |
[11:17] | We will reconvene on Friday for sentencing. | 我们将在周五重新开庭 宣判量刑 |
[11:19] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[11:23] | The judge is not happy. | 法官并不高兴 |
[11:23] | I know, we may have an opening. | 我知道 我们可能有希望 |
[11:25] | Lauryn, this isn’t over yet. | 劳伦 这案子还没结束 |
[11:26] | We can try and get this overturned. | 我们会尽力翻案的 |
[11:27] | Or a mistrial or a judgment notwithstanding the verdict. | 也可能是审判无效 或是径为判决 |
[11:30] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从没见过这种情况 |
[11:31] | That verdict doesn’t make sense. | 这样裁决实在讲不通 |
[11:32] | Something happened in the jury room. | 陪审团休息室里肯定有事发生了 |
[11:33] | – I got to get moving. – Right. | -那我去调查 -好 |
[11:34] | We want a reversal, something before sentencing on Friday. | 我们得在周五宣判前扭回局势 |
[11:37] | We have a sympathetic judge. | 好在有个同情我们的法官 |
[11:39] | All right, let’s find out what went wrong. | 好了 让我们找出是哪里出了差错 |
[11:54] | 州地方法院 库克郡 陪审团休息室 | |
[11:59] | Thanks, Brad. | 谢了 布拉德 |
[12:01] | It will be put to good use. | 我会物尽其用的 |
[12:09] | Sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打扰你 |
[12:11] | You might recognize me from the defense. | 你可能知道我是辩方律师 |
[12:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:14] | It really helps us evaluate our performance | 若陪审员能告知 他们认为我们 |
[12:16] | to hear from the jurors | 哪里做得好 哪里不好 |
[12:17] | what they think we did right and wrong, | 将切实帮助我们评估自己的表现 |
[12:19] | so if you don’t mind talking… | 所以 要是你不介意谈的话… |
[12:20] | I don’t think I’m supposed to. | 我觉得我不该这么做 |
[12:21] | Oh, no, that’s just during the trial. | 没关系 只在审判过程中不能谈论 |
[12:23] | You have the right to say anything you want after the verdict. | 在裁决之后 你有权说任何想说的话 |
[12:28] | – This isn’t over. – What’s now? | -这事还没完 -怎么了 |
[12:29] | They’re out talking to jurors. | 他们在外面找陪审员谈话 |
[12:31] | They’re going for a reversal. | 他们想要翻案 |
[12:32] | Or judgment notwithstanding. | 或是径为判决 |
[12:34] | – It’s just kind of late. – I understand. | -现在有点晚了 -我知道 |
[12:37] | Why don’t I just take your number | 那我能要你的电话号码吗 |
[12:38] | and I’ll call you tomorrow? | 然后明天打电话给你 |
[12:39] | Ten minutes tops. | 10分钟就够了 |
[12:40] | You don’t have to talk to her. | 你不必和她谈的 |
[12:42] | He’s well within his rights, Cary. | 他拥有自己的权利 凯里 |
[12:44] | I explained to him. | 我和他解释过了 |
[12:45] | Yes, but have you explained | 我知道 但你有解释过 |
[12:46] | that he don’t have to talk to you at all? | 他根本就不必和你进行交谈吗 |
[12:49] | Just so you know, sir, defense attorneys will try | 如你所知 先生 辩方律师想要 |
[12:51] | and contact you and question you in an attempt | 联络进而询问你 以试图 |
[12:53] | to compromise your verdict. | 推翻你所做的判决 |
[12:54] | I’m doing nothing wrong, Cary. | 我没做错什么 凯里 |
[12:55] | Here’s my number if they do. | 如果他们这么做了就给我打电话 |
[12:57] | You can bring them up on charges of harassment. | 你可以控告他们骚扰 |
[13:00] | What are you doing there, Kalinda? | 你在那里做什么 凯琳达 |
[13:03] | How are you, Dana? | 你好啊 戴娜 |
[13:04] | I was just enjoying the night air. | 我只是在享受夜晚的空气 |
[13:07] | It looked to me like you were taking pictures | 可在我看来 你在拍 |
[13:08] | of the jurors’ license plates. | 陪审员的车牌 |
[13:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[13:10] | I thought I was taking notes | 还以为我记下的东西 |
[13:12] | that are both legally obtainable | 是法律允许的 |
[13:13] | and legally obtained. | 我的途径也是合法的 |
[13:17] | I’m warning you now, Kalinda. | 我现在警告你 凯琳达 |
[13:19] | If any of those jurors call harassment on you, | 如果任何一个陪审员打来电话说你骚扰 |
[13:21] | I will personally toss you in jail. | 我会亲自扔你进监狱的 |
[13:23] | I feel warned. | 警告收到了 |
[13:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:42] | Last on the voting all 12 guiltys, | 最后一轮投票 12张有罪 |
[13:45] | and my guess– this would be dinner. | 我猜 这该是晚餐 |
[13:50] | Here’s a not guilty. | 这里有张无罪 |
[13:53] | And another. | 还有一张 |
[13:56] | Second-to-last round– looks like we had | 看来在倒数第二轮投票时 |
[13:58] | two holdouts. | 我们有两票无罪 |
[14:01] | Ugh, Chinese. | 中国菜 |
[14:03] | Oh, looks like we hit lunch. | 看来是午饭 |
[14:11] | Not guilty | 无罪 |
[14:12] | Not guilty. | 无罪 |
[14:13] | Not guilty. | 无罪 |
[14:15] | 9 Not guilties in that round. | 这一轮9个支持无罪 |
[14:18] | We went from nine not guiltys to ten guiltys | 仅仅一轮 就让九个无罪 |
[14:20] | in one round of voting? | 变成了十个有罪 |
[14:21] | And that was just after lunch. | 就在一顿午餐之后 |
[14:24] | What happened at lunch? | 午餐时发生了什么事情 |
[14:27] | This is a livery horn button, 1840s, | 十九世纪四十年代的角质制服纽扣 |
[14:30] | perfect backmark. | 背纹完美 |
[14:32] | Oh, it’s beautiful. | 很精美 |
[14:33] | Do you collect buttons? | 你收藏纽扣吗 |
[14:35] | No, but I sure can see the fascination for them. | 没有 但我能看出它们的魅力所在 |
[14:38] | I guess I’m a bit obsessed. | 我对它们有些痴迷 |
[14:41] | That’s what everybody says | 大家都这么说 |
[14:43] | I have my own button blog | 我有专门关于纽扣的博客 |
[14:44] | Lisa’s World of Buttons– all one word. | 丽萨的纽扣世界 都是关于纽扣的 |
[14:46] | – You must blog a lot. – Oh, yeah, | -你一定经常更新博文吧 -是的 |
[14:50] | I’ll go crazy if I don’t blog twice a day | 一天如果不更新两次 我会抓狂的 |
[14:52] | crazier than I already am now. | 比现在的状况更疯狂 |
[14:55] | Do you mind if I just record this just for my own notes? | 你介意我录音吗 只给自己用 |
[14:58] | Sure, no problem, but I don’t see how I can help. | 没问题 但我不觉得我能帮上忙 |
[15:02] | Well– thank you– you seemed, | 谢谢 你看起来 |
[15:05] | you seemed really upset | 对裁决的结果 |
[15:08] | by the verdict. | 并不肯定 |
[15:09] | Did you feel the pressure to vote with everyone else? | 是迫于压力而做出和其他人相同的判决吗 |
[15:11] | Oh, no, | 不是 |
[15:13] | no, just don’t like to get up in front of people. | 我只是不喜欢在那么多人面前讲话 |
[15:16] | I get a little bit dramatic. | 我会表现得很夸张 |
[15:17] | That must have looked awful. | 看起来肯定很糟糕 |
[15:18] | I cry at the drop of a hat. | 我很容易掉泪 |
[15:20] | So you, you don’t regret the verdict? | 你对那个判决不后悔吗 |
[15:22] | Oh, no, no, I didn’t trust that lady. | 不后悔 我不相信那位女士 |
[15:24] | She killed her husband for the insurance money. | 她为了保险金谋杀了她的丈夫 |
[15:27] | I can’t think of anything worse. | 没有比这更残酷的事情了 |
[15:28] | You must have made a… | 让其他陪审员 |
[15:30] | made a very convincing case to the other jurors | 改变他们的决定 |
[15:32] | to get them to change their vote. | 你肯定提出了很有说服力的事情 |
[15:34] | I understand… | 我知道 |
[15:37] | That is beautiful, isn’t it? | 这真是太美了 不是吗 |
[15:38] | I understand the vote was leaning toward not guilty. | 我知道表决最初是倾向于无罪的 |
[15:43] | Yeah, for a while. | 是的 刚开始是 |
[15:45] | Am I supposed to talk about this? | 这些我可以说吗 |
[15:48] | Oh, the other jurors did. | 其他陪审员都说了 |
[15:50] | They said at they changed their minds just after lunch. | 他们说他们在午餐后改变了决定 |
[15:53] | What happened during lunch? | 吃中餐时 发生了什么事 |
[15:55] | Nothing– I mean, we read the testimony. | 没有 我们看了证词 |
[15:57] | The foreman thought we should. | 陪审长觉得我们应该看 |
[15:59] | What testimony? | 什么证词 |
[15:59] | The partner, the other cop, | 她搭档 另外一个警察 |
[16:01] | the one who said he was with her. | 他说自己那时跟她在一起 |
[16:03] | The alibi witness– you didn’t believe him? | 不在场证人 你不相信他吗 |
[16:05] | Nah, he was so full of himself in that uniform. | 不 他穿着那身警服一付自负的样子 |
[16:08] | Would you like to see a 1780 | 你要看1780年乔治王朝时代 |
[16:11] | Georgian Irish militia button? | 爱尔兰军队制服纽扣吗 |
[16:13] | Mint condition. Mint | 崭新的 |
[16:15] | Sergeant Alden? | 奥尔登中士吗 |
[16:17] | He was our best witness. | 他是我们最有力的证人 |
[16:18] | I know. She didn’t believe him. | 我知道 她不相信他 |
[16:20] | They reread his testimony just after lunch, | 午餐后 他们重读了他的证词 |
[16:22] | and that’s what turned people toward guilty. | 然后改变了他们的决定 |
[16:24] | That makes no sense. | 那说不通 |
[16:25] | You might also want to get someone to check her blog: | 你最好派人查下她的博客 |
[16:27] | Lisa’s World of Buttons. | 丽莎的纽扣世界 |
[16:28] | She’s on that twice a day. | 她每天更新两次 |
[16:29] | She might have updated during the trial. | 在审判时 她可能更新过她的博客 |
[16:31] | Good. Alicia, can you get on that? | 很好 艾丽西娅 你可以去查下吗 |
[16:33] | Yeah, in about a half hour. | 可以 半小时后就去 |
[16:35] | where are you, Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 你在哪 |
[16:37] | A prior engagement– I’ll be right in. | 在预约的会面中 很快就好 |
[16:38] | Kalinda, where are you going next? | 凯琳达 你下个地方去哪 |
[16:40] | The foreman– he seemed open to talking. | 陪审长 他可能会说一些 |
[16:42] | Okay, good. | 很好 |
[16:43] | Stay in touch. | 保持联系 |
[16:43] | Uh, you, too, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 你也一样 |
[16:45] | And, Alicia, uh, let’s talk when you get back. | 艾丽西娅 你回来时我们谈谈 |
[16:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:53] | Well, I do hope you consider | 我希望你可以考虑 |
[16:55] | moving back to the neighborhood. | 搬回原来的社区居住 |
[16:56] | I’d love to, but you know civil servant pay. | 我也想 但你知道我们公职人员的工资 |
[17:00] | Oh, my goodness, I do. | 天呐 是的 |
[17:01] | I used to teach public school– social studies. | 我曾在公立学校任职 教社会科学 |
[17:05] | Sorry about that. Work. | 不好意思 工作上的事 |
[17:07] | Usually it’s the husbands ducking out to take calls. | 一般都是丈夫出去接电话 |
[17:09] | We take turns. | 我们轮流这么做 |
[17:13] | Anyway, I hope you’ll make an exception for our kids | 总之 希望你可以为我们的孩子破个例 |
[17:15] | because I think you’ll really love Zach and Grace. | 你会很喜欢扎克和格蕾丝 |
[17:17] | Well, I’m sure I will. | 我会的 |
[17:19] | I very much want to. | 我也希望如此 |
[17:21] | Let me see what I can do. | 让我看看我能做些什么 |
[17:23] | I forgot how good you were at that. | 我都快忘了 你对此有多擅长 |
[17:25] | At what? | 对什么 |
[17:26] | Charming the teachers. | 迷倒老师 |
[17:28] | It’s the height– they respect the height. | 他们尊重位高权重的人 |
[17:31] | So are we going to let Zach drive all this way? | 以后让扎克开这么远的路上学吗 |
[17:33] | It’s only another 20 minutes. | 就多了20分钟 |
[17:36] | And Grace? | 还有格蕾丝 |
[17:37] | What about Grace? | 格蕾丝怎么办 |
[17:38] | She made a mistake. | 她犯了一个错误 |
[17:40] | I worry we screwed up our kids. | 我担心我们没把他们教好 |
[17:42] | You worry that I screwed up the kids. | 你是担心我对孩子影响不好 |
[17:45] | That’s true. | 那倒是真的 |
[17:50] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[17:51] | I said it just seems odd. | 我说 那看起来很奇怪 |
[17:55] | Yeah, we sometime see split votes veering one way or the other, | 有时候陪审员的意见会有分歧 |
[17:58] | but to have a complete turnaround | 但是在几个小时之内 |
[18:00] | leaning from not guilty to guilty | 就从支持无罪变成支持有罪 |
[18:01] | in a matter of hours just seems odd. | 看起来很怪异 |
[18:03] | I guess I must be odd then | 那我肯定很奇怪 |
[18:04] | because I was voting not guilty. | 因为我原是赞成无罪的 |
[18:06] | Until you read the testimony of the alibi witness? | 直到你读了不在场证人的证词之后吗 |
[18:07] | Yes, I mean, it just didn’t seem to hold up. | 就是看起来并不是事实 |
[18:10] | I think when you have a policeman there | 有个穿警服的警察站在你面前 |
[18:13] | in uniform in person, you get persuaded, | 可能会有说服力 |
[18:15] | but then when you read it out loud, | 但是你大声读出来以后 |
[18:17] | you start to see the holes. | 就开始发现漏洞了 |
[18:19] | Okay, Kalinda, that’s it. | 凯琳达 够了 |
[18:22] | Hello, Cary. | 凯里 你好 |
[18:23] | I already warned you once. | 我已经警告过你一次了 |
[18:26] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[18:27] | For what? | 原因是什么 |
[18:28] | Section 5324a. | 第5324条A款 |
[18:29] | Harassment of jurors. | 骚扰陪审员 |
[18:30] | Mr. Alvarez, am I harassing you? | 阿瓦利兹先生 我骚扰到你了吗 |
[18:32] | It doesn’t matter what he says. | 他说什么不重要 |
[18:33] | He’s a public employee, and his supervisor over there | 他是公职人员 他的监督人在那 |
[18:36] | is insisting you’re preventing him from executing his duties | 坚持说你妨碍他完成工作 |
[18:39] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[18:40] | I’m very serious. | 是的 |
[18:43] | Please place your hands behind your back. | 请你把手放到背后 |
[18:45] | You know this won’t stand up. | 你知道这理由是站不住脚的 |
[18:47] | I know you’ll be out of circulation for a day or two. | 至少你这几天不能行动了 |
[18:50] | Hey, what’s up? | 什么事 |
[18:52] | They supposedly have something for a mistrial. | 他们可能找到了什么证据来申请无效审判 |
[18:54] | When? | 什么时候 |
[18:55] | Right now. | 现在 |
[18:57] | Get in here. | 马上过来 |
[19:00] | Good, there you are, as a lodge. | 很好 你们都在这了 被告提出申请 |
[19:02] | The defense claims to have evidence of jury misconduct. | 声称他们有陪审团行为不当的证据 |
[19:05] | The defense is desperate, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 被告现在很绝望 |
[19:07] | At a certain point, justice has to be done… | 在某种程度上来说 要伸张正义 |
[19:09] | It’s being done– this is how justice works. | 我们正在伸张正义 这才是正义 |
[19:15] | What do you have, Ms. Lockhart? | 洛克哈特女士 你们有什么证据 |
[19:17] | Improper contact between a juror and nonparticipant | 陪审员和不相关人员的不恰当交流 |
[19:21] | is considered jury misconduct, Your Honor. | 被认为是陪审团行为不当 法官阁下 |
[19:23] | Discussing a case | 在审判或商议中 |
[19:25] | with friends, relatives | 和朋友 亲人 |
[19:26] | during the trial or deliberations. | 讨论案子进展情况 |
[19:28] | One of our jurors has done just that. | 其中一个陪审员有以上行为 |
[19:30] | Which juror? | 哪个陪审员 |
[19:30] | Juror number five– | 5号陪审员 |
[19:32] | Lisa Banner. | 丽莎·拜纳 |
[19:33] | She’s written on her blog | 她在商议期间 |
[19:35] | – during deliberations. – Oh, come on. | -在博客中更新案子进展 -拜托 |
[19:36] | “You’re probably wondering why I’ve been away for a few days. | 你们可能好奇我这几天为什么离开 |
[19:39] | “I’m on jury duty– a murder. | 我在尽陪审员的义务 一起谋杀案 |
[19:42] | I know it’s supposed to be exiting | 我知道这本应该是退场 |
[19:45] | I think she meant “Exciting.” | 我觉得她想写的是 令人激动的 |
[19:46] | Oh, I’m sure she did. | 那是肯定的 |
[19:47] | “…but you can’t believe how long this is taking. | 你们都想不到这要持续多长时间 |
[19:49] | “I sit in this room staring at these people | 我坐在这房间里 看着那些人 |
[19:51] | who can’t make up their minds.” | 他们无法作出决定 |
[19:53] | Yes, I’d imagined you’d have something to say, Ms. Lodge. | 洛奇女士 我知道你有话要说 |
[19:56] | Your Honor, Ms. Banner | 法官阁下 拜纳女士 |
[19:58] | has broken a key rule of deliberations. | 违反了商议中一条非常重要的原则 |
[20:00] | She has discussed the case | 她和陪审团外的无关人员 |
[20:01] | with those outside of the jury. | 谈论案子的进展情况 |
[20:03] | Her blog received 45,000 individual hits on the day in question, | 在判决那天她博客的点击量达到了四万五 |
[20:08] | so Ms. Banner shared her views | 也就是说拜纳女士与 |
[20:10] | with 45,000 non-jury members. | 45000名非陪审团成员分享了她的观点 |
[20:13] | God, how I hate that word “Blog.” | 老天 我真是恨死博客这词 |
[20:15] | – Ms. Lodge. – Your Honor, | -洛奇女士 -法官阁下 |
[20:16] | this gives new meaning to reaching. | 这是牵强附会 |
[20:18] | That blog entry was generic, | 这篇博客文章的内容泛泛 |
[20:20] | unspecific, and unknowing. | 无明确说明 无信息透露 |
[20:23] | I regrettably agree, Ms. Lockhart. | 很遗憾 我同意 洛克哈特女士 |
[20:26] | Ms. Banner’s banal observations hardly rise to | 拜纳小姐拙劣的博客 |
[20:29] | the level of improper contact, | 尚未构成不恰当交流 |
[20:31] | though I’d love to jail her for syntax alone. | 尽管我很想因为语言错误而判她监禁 |
[20:33] | Your Honor, we would argue that you censure the defense. | 法官阁下 我方请求您谴责辩方律师的行为 |
[20:35] | They are sifting through personal lives of juries | 他们排查陪审员的私人生活 |
[20:37] | on a fishing expedition for a mistrial. | 进行非法调查 以求无效审判 |
[20:39] | No, Ms. Lodge, this was an unjust verdict. | 不 洛奇女士 这是个不公正的判决 |
[20:41] | You know that and I know that. | 你我心知肚明 |
[20:43] | – That’s not true. – It is true, | -不是这样 -就是这样 |
[20:45] | but the law was followed, Ms. Lockhart. | 但是个合法的判决 洛克哈特女士 |
[20:46] | I would love to overturn this, but you have to give me more. | 我相当乐意推翻它 但你得给我更多依据 |
[20:50] | Your Honor, I would like to get your comments on the record. | 法官阁下 我希望将您的言论记录在案 |
[20:52] | They are on the record. That’s what Judith is doing over there. | 已记录在案 朱迪思干的就是这事 |
[20:54] | what’d I just say, Judith? | 我刚说什么来着 朱迪思 |
[20:55] | “They are the record. That’s what Judith is doing over there.” | 已记录在案 朱迪思干的就是这事 |
[20:59] | Bring me something more, Ms. Lockhart. | 给我更多的依据 洛克哈特女士 |
[21:01] | The law is the law. | 法律不可违 |
[21:17] | – Yes? – You know our investigation | -什么事 -关于我们正在调查 |
[21:19] | into Lockhart/Gardner? | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所的事 |
[21:20] | I think I may have stumbled upon another judge they bribed. | 我想我正好碰上了一个他们贿赂过的法官 |
[21:24] | Come on in. | 进来说 |
[21:31] | I was so thrilled when you called. | 你打电话来时我高兴坏了 |
[21:33] | I’ve been wondering how the old friends are doing. | 我就是在想老朋友们都怎么样呢 |
[21:35] | You’re not in touch with anyone? | 你跟别人都没联系了吗 |
[21:37] | No, when I got divorced, I moved across town. | 没有 我离婚后就搬到城的另一头了 |
[21:40] | How you and Peter doing? | 你跟彼得怎么样 |
[21:43] | – Well. – Good, great. | -不错 -很好 太棒了 |
[21:45] | You’re our Bill and Hillary. | 你俩就是模范夫妻 |
[21:48] | Have you heard of Mosous? | 你听说过摩梭族吗 |
[21:50] | – The…? – Mosous. | -什么 -摩梭族 |
[21:52] | They’re these people in Southwest China | 他们生活在中国西南地区 |
[21:54] | who organize their lives around a woman’s sexual desire. | 生活的重心就是满足女人的性欲 |
[21:57] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[21:59] | Th-They completely separate sex from family. | 他们完全将性从家庭中分离出来 |
[22:01] | The Mosou women get to decide which men they’ll sleep with, | 摩梭族由女人决定跟哪个男人睡 |
[22:04] | how long, how many. | 睡多久 以及睡多少 |
[22:06] | All these Mosou men come knocking on the door | 所有摩梭男人都是 |
[22:08] | of their Babahougas at night–that’s their flower rooms– | 晚上去敲女方闺房的门 |
[22:11] | and the women decide which ones to let in. | 然后女人决定让谁进屋 |
[22:14] | And when they’re done, it’s up to the women whether the men stay or go. | 完事后 就由女人来决定男人的去留 |
[22:18] | And that’s when I realized– | 于是我意识到 |
[22:19] | that’s what I’m missing from my life. | 这正是我的生活中所缺少的 |
[22:21] | Control. You have to read this book. | 控制权 你得读下这本书 |
[22:23] | It’ll open your eyes. | 会让你大开眼界 |
[22:27] | So, how are you doing? | 那你怎么样 |
[22:29] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:31] | So, try one of your other tennis buddies, they can’t all be like that. | 那就找别的网球朋友 她们不会都那样 |
[22:34] | Yeah, but what if are? | 那如果都是呢 |
[22:35] | What if I have spent a decade of my life making the wrong friends? | 如果我这辈子花了十年净是交损友呢 |
[22:38] | Start making new ones. Nothing’s over till it’s over. | 那就交些新朋友 旧的不去新的不来 |
[22:41] | Well, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[22:42] | I have to go yell at someone now. Talk to you later. | 我现在得去训个人 回头再聊 |
[22:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:52] | Hi. I’m Grace’s mom. | 你好 我是格蕾丝的妈妈 |
[22:56] | I already talke to Grace. | 我已经跟格蕾丝谈过了 |
[22:57] | I don’t want her to contact you again, | 我不想她跟你再有来往 |
[22:59] | – and I don’t want you contacting her. Do you understand? – I do. | -也不想你再找她 你明白吗 -明白 |
[23:03] | But just so you know, Mrs. Florrick, | 我只是想你知道 福瑞克太太 |
[23:05] | I thought she had your permission. | 我原以为她是经过你同意的 |
[23:06] | – She didn’t. And she doesn’t. – Okay. | -她没有 也不会有 -好的 |
[23:09] | – But she really should be going to church. – That’s up to me. | -但她确实应该去教堂 -这个我说了算 |
[23:12] | That is not up to you. | 用不着你管 |
[23:13] | I don’t want you contacting her again. | 我不希望你再找她 |
[23:16] | She already told me. Don’t worry. | 她已经跟我说过了 你不用担心 |
[23:19] | You talked to Grace? | 你跟格蕾丝谈过吗 |
[23:21] | No, I mean, your assistant already told me. | 不 你的助手已经告诫过我了 |
[23:23] | – My assistant? – The one who came for Grace at the church. | -我的助手 -来教堂找格蕾丝那个 |
[23:26] | The one who ripped into me. | 还狠揍了我一顿 |
[23:28] | What are you talking about? | 你是在说谁 |
[23:29] | Your assistant at work. Kalinda. | 你的同事 凯琳达 |
[23:33] | Kalinda? | 凯琳达 |
[23:35] | She… | 她… |
[23:37] | I don’t understand. | 我没明白 |
[23:38] | She came and got Grace . | 她来找到了格蕾丝 |
[23:40] | And said I should never talk to her again | 还说不准我再找她 |
[23:43] | or she would hurt me. | 否则要我好看 |
[23:47] | She… I… | 她… 我… |
[23:49] | I don’t understand how did… | 我没明白她怎么… |
[23:51] | how did she find Grace? | 她怎么找到格蕾丝 |
[23:53] | Mom, she told us not to say anything. | 妈 她叫我们什么都别说 |
[23:55] | Yes, but now I’m telling you to say something. What happened? | 是的 但现在我要你说 怎么回事 |
[24:00] | She used some software to trace Grace’s cell phone, | 她用软件追踪格蕾丝的手机 |
[24:02] | but it was dead, so she.. | 但关机了 于是她 |
[24:04] | drove to see where Grace was. | 就开车去格蕾丝最后出现的地方 |
[24:07] | And why didn’t she want you to tell me? | 那她为什么不让你们告诉我 |
[24:09] | I don’t think she thought you wanted to know. | 我估计她认为你不想知道 |
[24:13] | Mom, I have to get to class. | 妈 我要去上课了 |
[24:14] | Listen, Zach… | 听着 扎克 |
[24:16] | Zach… I’m not angry, | 扎克 我没有生气 |
[24:19] | but we don’t keep things from each other? | 但我们之间不要有秘密好吗 |
[24:22] | Okay. Sorry, Mom. | 好 对不起 妈 |
[24:23] | That’s okay. We’ll talk later. I love you. | 没事了 我们迟些再谈 我爱你 |
[24:32] | “Be sorry.” | 会后悔 |
[24:49] | Thank you, Alicia, for dropping by. | 艾丽西娅 谢谢你过来 |
[24:52] | We just don’t talk as much as we used to. | 我们交流的次数没以前多了 |
[24:55] | Well, it’s, uh, been very busy. | 最近一直太忙了 |
[24:57] | And you’ve… been distracted. | 而且有些事情让你心烦意乱 |
[25:00] | Well, I was just dealing with some home issues, | 我在处理一些家里的事情 |
[25:03] | but that’s all taken care of now. | 但现在已经忙完了 |
[25:05] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:08] | You’re valuable to us, Alicia. | 你对我们很有价值 艾丽西娅 |
[25:12] | When I worked with, Stern years ago, we were… very close. | 当我多年前与斯特恩共事时 我们走得很近 |
[25:19] | And as a woman, it was very helpful | 作为一个女人 与一个有能力的男人 |
[25:21] | to be that closely associated to a powerful man. | 关系亲密 是极有帮助 |
[25:24] | But only to a point. | 但这种关系不能太亲密 |
[25:26] | People tended not to give me credit for my own successes. | 不然人们就不会认可我个人的能力 |
[25:30] | All I’m trying to say is, | 我要说的就是 |
[25:33] | women need to help women– | 女人应该帮助女人 |
[25:36] | the way you’re helping Caitlin; | 就像你帮助凯特琳一样 |
[25:37] | the way I am here to help you. | 就像我现在帮助你一样 |
[25:41] | I want you to get serious about the partner track. | 我希望你认真对待晋升合伙人这件事 |
[25:45] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[25:47] | I’ve been watching you. You have it in you. | 我一直在观察你 你有这个能力 |
[25:50] | But you can’t get distracted. | 但你不能心有旁骛 |
[25:53] | Not with family, not with… friendships here. | 不能被家庭或是感情问题分散精力 |
[25:57] | You have to keep your eye on the ball. | 你要专注于你的工作 |
[25:58] | – I can’t change that I have a family. – No one wants you to. | -我有家庭的事实无法改变 -没人要你改变 |
[26:01] | But rising to a certain level as you have, | 但发展到了你现在这种阶段 |
[26:04] | Alicia, there are only two paths open to you now: | 艾丽西娅 你面前就只有两条路 |
[26:07] | rising further or falling to earth. | 或者平步青云 或者跌落谷底 |
[26:10] | And that’s why I want to help you, | 这就是我之所以要帮你 |
[26:12] | to offer you my friendship… and my advice. | 视你为朋友 并给你忠告的原因 |
[26:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:17] | I got something from the jury room. | 我从陪审员室里有所发现 |
[26:19] | Oh good, more from the trash. | 好 垃圾里又有收获 |
[26:21] | Nah, a threat. From one juror to another. Look. | 威胁纸条 一个陪审员给另一个的 瞧 |
[26:24] | “Change your vote or you’ll be sorry”? | 改变你的投票 否则你会后悔 |
[26:27] | But the problem is, we can’t use this. | 但问题是我们不能用这个纸条 |
[26:29] | Yeah, we’re not supposed to even have this trash. | 没错 我们连这包垃圾都不该有 |
[26:31] | Can we tell who it was written by? | 能看出来是谁写的吗 |
[26:33] | Or to? I mean, if-if we could question these jurors, | 或写给谁的 如果我们可以询问相关陪审员 |
[26:37] | we could get it independently. | 就可以找到合法的证据 |
[26:38] | We could compare the handwriting. | 我们可以核对字迹 |
[26:39] | – Good. Where is Kalinda? – She was arrest. | -好 凯琳达在哪里 -她被捕了 |
[26:41] | When? | 什么时候 |
[26:42] | An hour ago. A friend at the courthouse just called me– | 一小时前 一个法院的朋友刚打电话给我 |
[26:44] | she’s g held on a juror harassment charge. | 她被控骚扰陪审员 |
[26:46] | Okay, well, let’s bail her out. | 好的 我们去保她出来 |
[26:48] | – I’ll do it. – Are you sure? | -我去吧 -你确定吗 |
[26:50] | Yes. I’ll go. | 是的 我去 |
[26:53] | Thank you for seeing me. | 谢谢您见我 |
[26:54] | You’re welcome, Ms. Scott-Carr. | 不客气 斯科特-卡尔女士 |
[26:56] | – Not sure what I can do for you. – Well, Your Honor, | -不知有何可以效劳 -法官阁下 |
[26:59] | I’ve been assigned a case involving judicial corruption. | 我被委派调查一宗司法腐败案 |
[27:02] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[27:04] | And I was wondering, as a part of my investigation, | 作为调查的一部分 我想知道 |
[27:08] | has any lawyer approached you about a bribe? | 是否有律师试图贿赂您 |
[27:13] | No, no lawyer has. | 没有律师贿赂过我 |
[27:16] | Good. That’s… that’s good to know. | 好 这样最好 |
[27:20] | Now, you know that bribes are not always… | 您知道贿赂并不仅仅是以 |
[27:24] | in the form of cash. They can often be in form of gifts, | 金钱的形式 可能是礼物的 |
[27:28] | or even the forgiving of debts. | 也可能是对债务的免除 |
[27:30] | Harvard Law Review. | 《哈佛法律观察》 |
[27:33] | This is… | 这篇… |
[27:35] | my article | 是我的论文 |
[27:36] | on judicial misconduct. | 关于司法不公正的 |
[27:38] | Worth a read sometime. | 还是值得读一读的 |
[27:39] | Please don’t confuse my meaning, | 请不要误解我的意思 |
[27:41] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[27:42] | Due diligence requires some uncomfortable questions. | 尽职的调查需要您回答令人不快的问题 |
[27:45] | Yes. And so does undue influence. | 没错 不适当的影响也是如此 |
[27:49] | Are you suggesting that I’m influencing you? | 你的意思是我在影响你的裁判吗 |
[27:51] | No, I’m suggesting you’re attempting to influence me. | 不 我的意思是你在试图影响 |
[27:54] | You were close with Will Gardner. | 你和威尔·加德纳走得很近 |
[27:56] | You used to play in his wednesday night basketball games. | 你曾是他周三晚间篮球活动的一员 |
[27:59] | We’ve pinpointed these games as a prime nexus | 我们认为这个活动 |
[28:02] | for illegal gambling and bribery. | 涉及非法赌博和贿赂 |
[28:03] | And I am friendly to his partner, | 而我在眼下 他的合伙人 |
[28:05] | Diane Lockhart, | 戴安·洛克哈特的案子里 |
[28:07] | in her current case– isn’t that what you’re suggesting? | 偏向于她 你是这个意思吗 |
[28:10] | – Yes. – And you… | -是的 -而且你… |
[28:12] | are attempting to use your position as a special prosecutor | 想利用你特别公诉人的身份 |
[28:15] | to pressure me to decide for the prosecution | 给我施压 让我在这件审理中的案子上 |
[28:18] | in this ongoing case. | 偏向公诉方 |
[28:20] | Well… that’s where you’re wrong, sir. | 你有一点理解错了 先生 |
[28:23] | There is no ongoing case. | 案子不是审理中了 |
[28:25] | The verdict is in. | 裁决已经做出了 |
[28:36] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[28:38] | ‘Cause you’re looking a little pale. | 你看起来有点不舒服啊 |
[28:44] | Yep, hands behind your back. | 没错 把手背在身后 |
[28:52] | Kalinda Sharma. | 凯琳达·夏尔马 |
[28:53] | – She was brought in a few hours ago. – Yes. | -她几个小时前被送进来的 -稍等 |
[28:57] | Oh. I’m sorry, ma’am, | 不好意思 夫人 |
[28:58] | but Kalinda Sharma has been transferred. | 凯琳达·夏尔马已经被移送了 |
[29:00] | – Where? – She took ill, | -送去哪了 -她病了 |
[29:01] | and she s transferred to a local hospital for treatment. | 被送往当地医院医治了 |
[29:04] | Come on. This is a game. | 别逗了 又是这种把戏 |
[29:06] | That’s all I know, ma’am. | 我就知道这么多 夫人 |
[29:07] | Take it or leave it. | 不信就别信 |
[29:19] | Let me put this to you simply, Cary. | 我来跟你说清楚 凯里 |
[29:21] | Unless you want a lawsuit the likes you’ve never seen, | 除非你想要来场前所未见的诉讼 |
[29:23] | I would stop this shell game with Kalinda. | 就赶紧把凯琳达给我交出来 |
[29:26] | Because I have three pro bono clients | 我有三个法律援助委托人 |
[29:27] | who have suffered the same transferring of relatives and loved ones, | 也都遇到过这种亲友被移送的把戏 |
[29:31] | and if I can prove a systematic effort | 如果我能证明 你们有意地 |
[29:33] | to elude arraignment and bail hearings, | 阻碍传讯和保释听证 |
[29:35] | well, then we’re talking about damages in the millions– | 就等着上百万的赔偿金吧 |
[29:38] | and more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[29:39] | I’ll be naming you personally in that lawsuit. | 我会在诉讼中对你个人提出起诉 |
[29:43] | Hi, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[29:44] | I am not joking, Cary. | 我不是在开玩笑 凯里 |
[29:46] | You bring Kalinda to me now. | 你现在就带凯琳达来见我 |
[30:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:42] | You found Grace? | 你找到了格蕾丝 |
[30:46] | You found my daughter? | 你找到了我女儿 |
[30:49] | She wasn’t lost. | 她没失踪 |
[30:51] | You brought her home. | 是你带她回家的 |
[30:53] | She would have come home on her own. | 她自己也会回家的 |
[30:56] | You told my kids not to tell me. Why? | 你跟我孩子们说不要让我知道 为什么 |
[31:02] | – I don’t want mess. – What mess? | -我不想把事情搞复杂 -怎么复杂了 |
[31:06] | Alicia, I haven’t changed. | 艾丽西娅 我没变 |
[31:08] | I’m the same person. | 还是原来那个我 |
[31:09] | I… I knew I could help, so I helped, that’s all. | 我…我知道我能帮上忙 就帮了 |
[31:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[31:17] | You don’t have to… | 不需要… |
[31:18] | No. | 不 |
[31:20] | You didn’t have to. | 你本不需要做这些事 |
[31:21] | That’why I’m thanking you. | 所以我感谢你 |
[31:24] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[31:37] | Here we all are again. | 我们又聚在这里了 |
[31:40] | What have you got for us today, Ms. Lockhart? | 今天带来什么证据了吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[31:42] | Juror number 12, Your Honor, | 12号陪审员 法官阁下 |
[31:43] | Mr. Grant Rudnick. | 格兰特·路德尼克先生 |
[31:45] | He has something he would to say. | 有话要说 |
[31:47] | Uh, yes. Your Honor | 是的 法官阁下 |
[31:49] | I’m sorry, I should have said this before. | 很抱歉 我应该早点说出来的 |
[31:51] | This note was given to me | 在陪审团审议室里 |
[31:52] | in the jury room. | 有人把这个字条递给我 |
[31:54] | Oh, come on, | 拜托 |
[31:55] | Your Honor, this is ridiculous. | 法官阁下 这太荒谬了 |
[31:56] | 5324a, Your Honor: | 第5324条A款 法官阁下 |
[31:58] | jury tampering, or bullying, | 陪审员干预或被欺凌时 |
[32:00] | falls well within the judge’s right to declare a mistrial. | 法官有权宣布裁判无效 |
[32:03] | I know, I interrupted Mr. Agos. | 抱歉 我打断了艾格斯先生 |
[32:05] | I will go sit down now. | 我坐下了 |
[32:06] | The jury’s decided, Your Honor, and the defense | 陪审团已做出判决 法官阁下 |
[32:08] | shouldn’t be allowed to keep throwing crap against the wall. | 辩方根本不应被允许说这些废话 |
[32:09] | Thank you, Mr. Agos, | 谢谢 艾格斯先生 |
[32:10] | but I think it’s my job to figure out what is crap. | 但我想应该由我来确定什么叫废话 |
[32:12] | Mr. Rudnick, | 路德尼克先生 |
[32:14] | did this threat changed your view of the case? | 此威胁改变了你对案件的裁判吗 |
[32:16] | Your Honor, that’s not the point. The mere fact… | 法官阁下 这不是重点 就凭… |
[32:18] | Ms. Lockhart, I didn’t ask you a question. | 洛克哈特女士 我没问你 |
[32:21] | Mr. Rudnick… did this note change your mind about the case? | 路德尼克先生 字条改变了你的裁判吗 |
[32:25] | – No. – So… | -没有 -所以 |
[32:27] | when I polled the jury in court and you said | 我在法庭上让陪审团的明确表态时 |
[32:29] | “Guilty in the first degree,” were you telling the truth? | 你说”一级谋杀罪名成立” 是真话吗 |
[32:33] | I guess so, sure. | 我想是的 是的 |
[32:35] | Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Coyne, again… | 洛克哈特女士 科因先生 |
[32:37] | nice effort, | 我很赞赏你们的努力 |
[32:39] | but I deny your request for a mistrial, | 但我驳回无效审判的请求 |
[32:42] | and I ask that you be more circumspect in the future | 并且提醒你们 |
[32:44] | with your approaches to jury members. | 之后询问陪审员时请慎重 |
[32:46] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[32:47] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[32:48] | He’s afraid to go out on a limb. | 他不想担风险 |
[32:50] | Who threatened you, Mr. Rudnick? | 威胁你的是谁 路德尼克先生 |
[32:52] | Who wrote that? The foreman. | 写字条的人是陪审长 |
[32:54] | I forget his name. | 我忘了他的名字了 |
[32:55] | But it’s not like to take it seriously. | 但好像不是很认真的威胁 |
[32:57] | I was just one of the holdouts. | 我只是坚持无罪的人之一 |
[32:58] | And I think he just wanted to finish up that night. | 而他只是想当晚结束裁定而已 |
[33:01] | What? I don’t undersnd is, | 什么 我不理解了 |
[33:02] | the foreman was one of the “Not guilty” votes, | 陪审长开始也投了”无罪” |
[33:04] | and then, after lunch, not only does he change his vote, | 但午饭后 他怎么会不仅改变了观点 |
[33:07] | but he pressures another juror | 还给别的陪审员施压 |
[33:08] | to overturn his vote? | 让对方也做出改变 |
[33:10] | Kalinda, what are you doing? | 凯琳达 你在做什么 |
[33:12] | Anything you want. | 你需要我做的事 |
[33:15] | I’m on my way. | 马上就来 |
[33:16] | Three Deccan buttons, | 三个德干纽扣[产自印度南部高原] |
[33:19] | all with irises. | 都是鸢尾花 |
[33:20] | Oh, I like the middle one especially. | 我最喜欢中间那个 |
[33:22] | Thank you. I do, too. | 谢谢 我也是 |
[33:24] | So, uh, did you talk much about the case during lunch? | 那么 你们午饭时聊案子了吗 |
[33:28] | No. We honored the judge’s instructions. | 没 我们严格遵守法官指令的 |
[33:30] | And was Mario with you? | 马里奥跟你们一起吃的吗 |
[33:32] | He’s the foreman. | 他是陪审长 |
[33:32] | Most days he was during the trial. | 庭审期间基本都一起 |
[33:35] | But deliberations– no. | 但审议时没有 |
[33:37] | He said he had to do something next door. | 他说要去隔壁有事情 |
[33:38] | Next door to what? | 哪儿的隔壁 |
[33:40] | Chopsticks Shack. We’d go there every day. | 筷子屋餐厅 我们每天都去那 |
[33:42] | Do you remember what was next door? | 你记得隔壁是什么店吗 |
[33:44] | He used a computer in an Internet cafe over lunch. | 他午饭时在网吧上了网 |
[33:47] | He had to pay with a credit card, | 他用信用卡付得账 |
[33:48] | so, I was able to find out which computer he used. | 所以 我能查出他用了哪台电脑 |
[33:50] | And this is a cache of the searches that he did during the hour. | 这是他那一小时内查的内容 |
[33:53] | What was he looking for? | 我们要看什么 |
[33:54] | Articles on our alibi witness, Sergeant Alden. | 关于不在场证人奥尔登中士的报道 |
[33:58] | – What was it, a grudge? – No. | -关于什么 怨恨吗 -不是 |
[34:00] | Alden shot an Hispanic youth in 2002. | 奥尔登在2002年射杀了一个西班牙少年 |
[34:04] | Yup. He was cleared of charges, | 没错 他没有被起诉 |
[34:06] | but there was lot of controversy | 但有很多争论 |
[34:07] | because the youth was unarmed. | 因为那个少年并没有带武器 |
[34:09] | Many members of the Latino community accused him | 很多有拉丁美洲背景的人指责他 |
[34:11] | of lying during the inquest. | 在质证的时候说谎 |
[34:12] | And Sergeant Alden is black. Not a lot of love lost there. | 奥尔登中士是黑人 这对他影响不大 |
[34:14] | So you think he changed his vote | 所以你认为他改变意见 |
[34:16] | when he realized it was the same officer? | 是因为他发现这是同一个警察 |
[34:17] | Yeah. But I don’t think he made the connection | 对 但我认为他在审议进行到一半时 |
[34:19] | until he was in the middle of deliberations. | 才发现其中的关联 |
[34:21] | He checked, and then, he persuaded the other jurors. | 他确认后 说服了其他陪审员 |
[34:23] | We need to take this to the judge. | 我们得把这个给法官看 |
[34:25] | – No. We need more. – Why? | -不 我需要更多证据 -为什么 |
[34:27] | This is exactly what Judge Dunaway is talking about. | 这就是达纳韦法官要的啊 |
[34:30] | No, no, no. Something has changed there. We need more. | 不 情况有变 我们得有更多证据 |
[34:33] | We could get affidavits from the other jurors. | 我们可以去弄其他陪审员的书面陈述 |
[34:35] | If they’ll swear that the foreman brought in outside evidence | 如果他们能作证 陪审长把新证据 |
[34:37] | to the jury room, that might work. | 去陪审团审议室 可能会有用 |
[34:39] | OK, I’m on it. | 好的 我去查 |
[34:41] | I’ll help. | 我去帮忙 |
[34:46] | Hello. Alicia Florrick. | 你好 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[34:47] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[34:49] | I was hoping to get your voice mail. | 我以为会接入你的语音信箱呢 |
[34:51] | I just wanted to apologize. | 我想向你道歉 |
[34:53] | It doesn’t look like it will work out for your kids after all. | 看来我们还是没法接收你的孩子 |
[34:57] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[34:58] | Well, first of all, I’m so sorry to disapoint you. | 首先 非常抱歉让你失望了 |
[35:00] | I’m just trying not to set an unfortunate precedent. | 我只是不想因此事开不好的先河 |
[35:04] | I hope you understand. | 希望你能理解 |
[35:07] | Mrs. Florrick? Hello? | 福瑞克夫人 还在吗 |
[35:11] | Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[35:13] | Hey. | 你好 |
[35:16] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[35:17] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[35:19] | What? | 什么 |
[35:22] | All right, don’t worry. | 好了 别担心 |
[35:23] | I’ll handle it. | 我会处理的 |
[35:26] | You back again. Didn’t get enough of my buttons. | 你又来了 纽扣果然看不够啊 |
[35:30] | Uh, this is my colleague, Alicia Florrick. | 这是我的同事 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[35:33] | You might recognize her from the trial? | 审判时她也在 认出来了吗 |
[35:34] | Yes. Hi. | 是的 你好 |
[35:38] | I always liked what you were wearing. | 我总是很喜欢你的穿扮 |
[35:41] | Miss Banner, hi. | 拜纳小姐 你好 |
[35:42] | We were trying to get in touch with some of the other jurors. | 我们试着接触别的陪审员 |
[35:45] | We’ve talked to three or four, and we were just wondering | 聊过三四个 我们不知道你还有没有 |
[35:46] | if you had the names or numbers of the others. | 其他人的名字或者电话 |
[35:49] | I do. I friended them all | 我有 都加了好友 |
[35:51] | so we could stay in touch. | 那样就能保持联系 |
[35:53] | I’m having a display of my buttons | 我在印地安纳州博览会 |
[35:56] | at the Indiana State Fair, | 将有个纽扣展览 |
[35:57] | and I wanted to keep them all in touch. | 我想着和他们都能保持联系 |
[35:59] | Here. Here you go. | 这里 你们看 |
[36:01] | Not all wanted to be friended, | 不是所有人都通过了好友申请 |
[36:03] | but that’s half of them anyway. | 总之有一半吧 |
[36:04] | Thanks. This is so helpful. | 谢谢 大有帮助 |
[36:06] | Oh, Miss Banner? | 拜纳小姐 |
[36:08] | Lisa. | 叫我丽莎 |
[36:09] | Lisa, is that Peter Dunaway? Judge Dunaway? | 丽莎 那是彼得·达纳韦 达纳韦法官吗 |
[36:13] | Yes, I sent him a friend request, too. | 是 我也向他发了好友请求 |
[36:15] | He seemed like such a nice man. | 看上去好人一个 |
[36:16] | And he friend you back? | 他也加你为好友 |
[36:17] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么 |
[36:19] | – During the trial? – Yes. | -审判期间吗 -是的 |
[36:21] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[36:23] | I think we have our mistrial. | 我想无效审判的根据有了 |
[36:31] | I never used to bite my nails. | 我从不习惯咬指甲 |
[36:34] | Now look at them. They’re bleeding. | 看看它们 在流血 |
[36:35] | We have some hope. | 还有希望 |
[36:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:40] | – Thanks for coming by. – No. | -谢谢你来看我 -不用 |
[36:43] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:45] | When you asked me for my advice before | 之前当你问及我的建议时 |
[36:48] | about whether you should take the deal or not, | 你是否应该接受条件 |
[36:50] | I’m afraid… I was abrupt with you. | 恐怕… 我太唐突了 |
[36:52] | It was the truth. | 这是事实 |
[36:53] | No. I mean, it was, | 不 我是说 是事实 |
[36:55] | but… sometimes, the truth can be more… | 但… 有时 事实也能… |
[36:59] | adorned. | 委婉些 |
[37:05] | I don’t have a lot of friends coming by to see me. | 不是有很多人来看我 |
[37:08] | I thought I would. I have a lot of friends. | 我以为会有 我有很多朋友的 |
[37:12] | This really gets you thinking about | 这就会让你去思考 |
[37:14] | how people say nice things and smile, | 人们如何微笑示意 说的挺好 |
[37:18] | and then never came to visit. | 却从不来看望你 |
[37:22] | I think I can do with things less… adorned. | 即便不委婉…我也是能承受的 |
[37:27] | I hope this works out. | 希望此案能圆满结束 |
[37:31] | I do, too. | 我也希望 |
[37:38] | Oh. Mr. Florrick. | 福瑞克先生 |
[37:40] | Hello. How are you? | 您好 您好吗 |
[37:42] | Good, ma’am. Very good. | 很好 女士 非常好 |
[37:45] | I-I wish you’d made an appointment. | 希望您是有预约的 |
[37:46] | I just spoke to your wife. | 我刚跟您太太说了 |
[37:48] | Unfortunately, we don’t have any room for your two children, | 很不幸 没有给你们两个孩子的名额了 |
[37:51] | but I was saying, beginning next year, | 不过我说了 明年开学 |
[37:57] | At the start of next year, we should have room. | 明年一开学 就有名额了 |
[38:03] | You know what one of the advantages | 知道我职位的优势之一 |
[38:05] | of my position is, Ms. Venegas? | 是什么吗 维妮嘉丝女士 |
[38:08] | No. I… | 不 我… |
[38:10] | I imagine there must be many. | 我猜一定有很多优势 |
[38:11] | No, not really. | 不 不是很多 |
[38:14] | But background checks– | 不过背景调查… |
[38:15] | through background checks– are one of the great advantages. | 彻底的背景调查…是一大优势 |
[38:20] | As I was perusing through some of these background checks, | 随着我详细地调查了一些背景 |
[38:24] | I was somewhat surprised to find | 我有点惊讶于 |
[38:26] | that many of your teachers had… issues. | 发现贵校的很多老师有… 问题 |
[38:30] | Of course, I was only checking as a concerned parent | 我只是考虑到要送孩子到这里 |
[38:33] | who was thinking of sending his children here. | 以忧心父母的身份而调查的 |
[38:35] | Luckily, there were no sexual charges. | 很幸运 没有性侵犯案件 |
[38:38] | But there were quite a few felony DUIs, | 不过有不少重罪 酒后驾车 |
[38:41] | check kiting and… drug charges. | 空头支票诈骗 还有… 吸毒 |
[38:47] | You are the State’s Attorney, sir. | 您是州检察官 先生 |
[38:49] | Yes, ma’am, I am. | 是 女士 我是 |
[38:52] | That’s why I’m going to say this to you… | 所以我要跟你… |
[38:54] | very slowly. | 很慢的说 |
[38:57] | I’m the State’s Attorney. | 我是州检察官 |
[39:00] | You don’t say no to me. | 不能对我说不 |
[39:02] | And you especially don’t say no to me | 涉及我的孩子们时 |
[39:05] | when it concerns my children. | 更不能说不 |
[39:09] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[39:12] | I think the word you’re looking for is “Yes.” | 我想你要说的那个词是”明白” |
[39:18] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:21] | So… | 那么… |
[39:23] | we’ll be hearing from you. | 等你的好消息 |
[39:25] | Are we thinking the third time is the charm, Ms. Lockhart? | 第三次会是魔法吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[39:28] | – That is our hope, Your Honor. – Well, I should warn you. | -希望如此 法官阁下 -我该提醒你 |
[39:30] | My patience is running thin. | 我快没有耐心了 |
[39:31] | The Illinois Code of Judicial Conduct. | 伊利诺亚洲行为准则 |
[39:34] | “Judges should refrain from all individual connect | “法官在庭审和审议过程中 |
[39:38] | “with a juror outside the presence of court | 除开庭期间外 |
[39:40] | during a trial and deliberations.” | 不得与陪审员有个人联系” |
[39:42] | Yes. Have you detected some contact I made with jurors? | 是 你们查到我和哪个陪审员联系了吗 |
[39:45] | You friended one. | 您加了个好友 |
[39:46] | Juror number five, Lisa Banner, | 5号陪审员 丽莎·拜纳 |
[39:49] | the blogger of Lisa’s World of Buttons. | 撰写”丽莎的纽扣世界”博客的人 |
[39:51] | – I didn’t friend her. – You did, Your Honor. | -我没加她啊 -你加了 法官阁下 |
[39:53] | She sent you a friend request three days ago, | 她三天前向您发了好友请求 |
[39:55] | and you responded in the affirmative. | 您回复的是同意 |
[39:57] | Because I’m running for re-election. | 因为我在准备改选 |
[39:58] | Somebody friends me, I assume it’s a supporter. | 有人加我好友 我当是支持者呢 |
[40:01] | – Your Honor, this is… – I know this is. | -法官阁下 这是… -我知道是 |
[40:02] | Your Honor, this is serious grounds for a mistrial. | 法官阁下 这是无效审判的有力根据 |
[40:06] | Unknowingly or not, | 觉察或者没觉察到 |
[40:08] | you made contact with a juror | 审判期间 您都跟陪审员 |
[40:09] | during the trial. | 有接触 |
[40:11] | This is a serious ethical breach. | 这严重违背了职业道德 |
[40:15] | I used to find this job eternally enlightening, | 我曾觉得这份工作让人深受启发 |
[40:18] | even enjoyable. | 甚至还很享受 |
[40:20] | Not anymore, not a single day. | 世风日下 一切都不一样了 |
[40:23] | – Your Honor… – No. | -法官阁下… -打住 |
[40:25] | I declare a mistrial. | 我宣布审判无效 |
[40:28] | Let’s take it back into court, | 重新上庭 |
[40:31] | make it official. | 对外正式宣布 |
[40:33] | Good job. | 干得漂亮 |
[40:34] | That’s what I was talking about. | 这就是我之前说的 |
[40:36] | That’ll get you partnership. | 这会让你成为合伙人 |
[40:52] | So you chased them all away? | 你把我都球友都吓走了 |
[40:55] | I don’t believe I did anything of the kind, Mr. Gardner. | 我认为这可不是我的原因 加德纳先生 |
[40:59] | They found the better part of valor. | 他们不过发现了更有意义的事 |
[41:05] | Here’s your problem. | 你的问题是 |
[41:07] | You don’t have any evidence, lady. | 你没有证据 女士 |
[41:09] | You have accusations. | 空有指控 |
[41:11] | And you’re trying to sweat me. | 你想让我自乱阵脚 |
[41:13] | Well, I don’t sweat easily. | 我可不是吃软饭的 |
[41:15] | Then let’s talk. | 那我们谈谈 |
[41:17] | That’s all I want to do. | 仅此而已 |
[41:19] | Just talk. | 只是聊聊 |
[41:20] | I’m not after you. | 我的目标不是你 |
[41:21] | I don’t think you know who you’re after. | 我认为你自己都不知道目标是谁 |
[41:24] | Oh, I know who I’m after. | 我很清楚是谁 |
[41:26] | Somebody who used to be involved in your basketball games years ago. | 多年以前曾参与你篮球比赛的人 |
[41:30] | Who are you talking about? | 你说的是谁 |
[41:32] | Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[41:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[41:37] | It all comes full circle, doesn’t it? | 兜了个圈回到原地 不是吗 |
[41:45] | Only in Cook County. | 只在库克郡会有这种事 |
[41:47] | Peter puts you in charge of an investigation into me, | 彼得让你负责调查我 |
[41:53] | and you turn it back on him. | 你准备背后来个突袭 |
[41:58] | I… | 我… |
[42:02] | I’m speechless. | 我无话可说 |
[42:03] | Peter’s clean this term, | 彼得这一任是很清廉 |
[42:05] | but he wasn’t his first term, was he? | 但他以前并非如此 不是吗 |
[42:08] | And you know where his weaknesses lie. | 你知道他的弱点在哪里 |
[42:11] | Well, I know a lot of things. | 我知道很多事 |
[42:15] | Then let’s talk. | 那我们谈谈 |
[42:16] | No. | 不 |
[42:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:19] | It’s the smart move. | 识时务者为俊杰 |
[42:21] | No. | 不 |
[42:24] | I’m hiring myself a lawyer… | 我将请个律师… |
[42:26] | and then we can talk. | 然后再谈 |
[42:28] | The next we talk, it’ll be in front of a grand jury. | 下次再谈 就是在大陪审团前 |
[42:31] | Okay. So be it. | 好 不见不散 |