时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | Do you want the spot? | 你要站在这里吗 |
[00:23] | Do I want the spot? | 站在这里? |
[00:24] | Oh, I’m sorry, I thought… | 抱歉 我以为… |
[00:26] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[00:27] | What’s the spot? | 站在这里有什么 |
[00:30] | Oh, well, if you stand right here, you can see | 如果你站在这个点上 |
[00:32] | the painter’s signature. | 你能看见画家的签名 |
[00:33] | The light catches it just right. | 这里的光线正好 |
[00:36] | Ah, then, sure, yeah, I do want the spot. | 啊 当然了 我愿意站在这里 |
[00:41] | Where am I looking? | 签名在哪儿啊 |
[00:43] | Oh… the inside top of the right thigh. | 右边大腿内侧 |
[01:06] | That wasn’t a pickup line. | 我可不是和你搭讪 |
[01:08] | I did think you wanted the spot. | 我是以为你想站在那里 |
[01:10] | I know, I just like your voice. | 我知道 我只是喜欢你的声音 |
[01:14] | I wanted to hear it again. | 我想再听一遍 |
[01:17] | That’s a made-up accent, isn’t it? | 你这口音是装出来的吧 |
[01:19] | Yes, I use it to impress women in museums. | 是的 我用这口音来吸引博物馆里的女人 |
[01:26] | Australians don’t ask what people do? | 澳洲人不问别人的职业? |
[01:28] | – Oh, we do. We just wait. – For? | -问的 只是要等机会 -什么机会 |
[01:32] | Events to evolve. | 要等话题展开 |
[01:33] | Oh, and how might they evolve? | 要怎么展开话题呢 |
[01:35] | Well, you will ask me in a few minutes | 几分钟内你就会问我 |
[01:37] | what I do for a living. | 我是做什么工作的 |
[01:39] | Because I’m an American? | 因为我是个美国人吗 |
[01:40] | Mm-hmm, yes, and because it’s a natural question, | 嗯 而且这也是个自然的问题 |
[01:41] | and that is why I have to ask you to dinner. | 所以我得先请你共进晚餐 |
[01:44] | You have to ask me to dinner before I ask you what you do? | 你得先请我共进晚餐 然后我才能问你的职业? |
[01:47] | Yes, do you promise to meet me? | 是的 你保证会来吗 |
[01:50] | I can’t do that. | 我不能保证啊 |
[01:52] | First tell me what you do, and then I’ll decide. | 先告诉我你是做什么的 然后我再决定 |
[01:55] | I like you, Diane. | 我喜欢你 戴安 |
[01:59] | And I’m only doing this because this is my job. | 我只是职责在身 |
[02:02] | You’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[02:06] | You’re not becoming one of those over protective moms, are you? | 你不会成为一个过度保护儿女的妈妈吧 |
[02:09] | I might be. | 有可能哦 |
[02:11] | Mrs. Hartly? | 哈特利太太? |
[02:12] | – Wasn’t she your teacher in middle school? – Yeah. | -她不是你们初中时的老师吗 -对 |
[02:17] | Lillian and Mrs. Brooks. | 莉莉安和布鲁克斯太太 |
[02:18] | Where have they been? | 他们上哪儿去了 |
[02:20] | “Those poor, disadvantaged children.” | “那些贫穷困苦的孩子” |
[02:22] | “Can you imagine going to a public school?” | “你能想象上公立学校是怎样的情形吗” |
[02:23] | Since when did I raise such sarcastic kids? | 我家孩子怎么变得这么会挖苦人了 |
[02:27] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[02:29] | I think that’s Kelsey’s dad. | 好像是凯尔西的爸爸 |
[02:31] | No, I think they moved away. | 不对 我记得他家人都搬走了 |
[02:33] | I think he wants you. | 看上去他要找你 |
[02:34] | Maybe he’s a teacher? | 说不定他是个老师 |
[02:38] | Yes? | 你好 |
[02:40] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克太太吗 |
[02:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:47] | So are you dating anyone? | 你现在有女友吗 |
[02:49] | Off and on. | 分合聚散 |
[02:51] | You are the definition of “Off and on,” Will. | 你就是万花丛中过的典范 威尔 |
[02:54] | You gotta get serious sometime. | 你迟早得严肃恋爱一次 |
[02:56] | Who says? | 谁说的 |
[02:57] | The Pope, I think. | 大概是教皇吧 |
[03:03] | Well, your time’s up, | 好了 你的时间到了 |
[03:05] | and someone’s wait to cut in. | 有人要找你 |
[03:09] | Where are you, Will? | 威尔 你在哪儿 |
[03:10] | Leaving a wedding. | 刚从一个婚礼出来 |
[03:11] | I think Wendy Scott-Carr is coming after me | 我觉得温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[03:13] | with a grand jury summons. | 要传唤我去接受大陪审团调查了 |
[03:14] | I, uh, Will, we’re on speakerphone. | 威尔 我们开了免提 |
[03:18] | Uh, the summons isn’t about you. | 传唤不是针对你的 |
[03:20] | We got served, too– Alicia, myself, and David Lee. | 艾丽西娅 我 大卫·李 也被传唤了 |
[03:23] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[03:25] | It’s one of David Lee’s divorces– the Huntley divorce. | 是大卫·李的一桩离婚案 亨特利离婚案 |
[03:28] | The wife of the venture capitalist? | 风险投资家的老婆? |
[03:30] | We did well by her, didn’t we? | 我们干的不错啊 是不是 |
[03:31] | Half his business assets, the house in Highland Park, | 她拿到了他一半的财产 高地公园的房子 |
[03:34] | and sole custody of their daughter. | 还有他们女儿的单独监护权 |
[03:35] | She’s not suing . | 起诉的人不是她 |
[03:37] | The husband is. | 是她老公 |
[03:38] | What, for being too effective? | 起诉我们干得太好了吗 |
[03:39] | No. | 不是 |
[03:40] | Alienation of affection. | 离间夫妻感情 |
[03:44] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑呢吧 |
[03:45] | What is this, the ’30s? | 这算什么罪名 30年代的? |
[03:46] | No, we’re one of seven states that still has it on the books. | 不 我们是全国最后七个还有这罪名的州之一 |
[03:49] | Yeah, as a joke, | 对 就是个笑料 |
[03:50] | as a Depression-era curiosity. | 就是大萧条时期遗留下来的古董法律 |
[03:52] | What he’s saying we split them up? | 他说我们害他们离婚吗 |
[03:54] | That’s crazy. | 太扯淡了 |
[03:55] | Yes, and his lawyer is coming here in a few hours | 是的 他的律师几小时内就到 |
[03:57] | to talk settlement. | 来谈调解方案 |
[03:58] | You think the timing’s suspicious? | 你觉得这个时间很可疑? |
[04:00] | I do. Three days bere we refinance? | 是的 三天后我们就要重新融资 |
[04:03] | We’re going through a short- term liquidity problem– | 我们遇上了短期流动资产问题 |
[04:05] | nothing to worry about. | 没什么可担心的 |
[04:06] | Okay, I’m coming in. | 好的 我来了 |
[04:07] | We need to get this off the books fast. | 我们得赶快解决这个问题 |
[04:09] | Where’s David Lee? What’s he saying about this? | 大卫·李在哪儿 他怎么说 |
[04:10] | What the hell? | 搞什么搞 |
[04:11] | Now I’m being penalized for doing my job well? | 我工作做得好也要受惩罚? |
[04:15] | I, uh, uh, s-s-see you in a few minutes, Will. | 待会见 威尔 |
[04:20] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[04:21] | We countersue. | 我们要反诉 |
[04:22] | It’s the principle of the thing. | 这就是我们的应对原则 |
[04:25] | So, David, not to pry, but did you enlist? | 大卫 不是我问东问西 你入伍了? |
[04:29] | Yes, I was getting bored. | 对 我干律师干得无聊了 |
[04:31] | The Yale Club. | 是耶鲁大学俱乐部 |
[04:32] | I was served backstage during Gilbert and Sullivan. | 我在歌剧吉尔伯特和苏利文的后台收到了传票 |
[04:34] | Alicia, you were on the Huntley divorce your first year. | 艾丽西娅 你是工作第一年时处理的亨特利离婚案 |
[04:38] | He was sleeping with some stripper. | 他在和某个脱衣舞女偷腥 |
[04:39] | Good, that’s what we need. | 好 要的就是这个 |
[04:41] | There can’t be alienation of affection | 老公在外面偷腥 |
[04:42] | if the husband was cheating. | 怎么还能说我们离间夫妻感情 |
[04:44] | Get Kalinda. | 去找凯琳达 |
[04:50] | There’s, uh, there’s nothing I need to know here, | 这事没什么内情吧 |
[04:53] | – is there, David? – What do you mean? | -是吗 大卫 -什么意思 |
[04:55] | I think you know what I mean. | 我想你懂我意思 |
[04:56] | This was a straight division of assets. | 这就是一次直截了当的财产分割 |
[04:59] | We were there for her, we did right by her. | 我们一直帮她 也做得很好 |
[05:02] | Good. | 那好 |
[05:06] | – Doesn’t let up, does it? – Not often. | -总有麻烦事 是吧 -差不多 |
[05:08] | Is everything all right? | 一切还好吧 |
[05:09] | Yeah, I was at a wedding. | 是的 我在参加婚礼 |
[05:11] | No, I mean the Wendy Scott-Carr thing. | 不 我是说温迪那件事 |
[05:13] | Yeah, don’t worry, something I’m handling, you know. | 嗯 别担心 我正处理着呢 |
[05:17] | This is an easy lawsuit. | 这是件简单的案子 |
[05:19] | We just need to get to the wife. She… | 我们只需要联系一下他老婆 她 |
[05:23] | I thought I’d dress up for this lawyer. | 我觉得我要打扮一番见这个律师 |
[05:27] | We just need to get to the wife, get her on record. | 我们只需要联系他老婆 让她作证 |
[05:30] | – What’s her name? – April Huntley. | -她叫什么 -艾波·亨特利 |
[05:31] | Right, she hired us, he didn’t. | 对 是她雇的我们 不是她老公 |
[05:34] | She’s the one who wanted the divorce. | 是女方想要离婚 |
[05:35] | We didn’t force anything on her. | 我们什么都没强迫她做 |
[05:36] | She’s still a client? | 她还是我们客户吗 |
[05:37] | Julius is primary on her business holdings. | 朱利叶斯主管她的商业财产 |
[05:40] | I’ll call him? | 我找他? |
[05:41] | No, Will, you talk to her. | 不 威尔 你来和她说 |
[05:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:44] | Because Will can talk to her. | 因为威尔能和她说上话 |
[05:45] | Do we know her husband’s attorney? | 知道她丈夫的律师是谁吗 |
[05:46] | No, someone from L.A. | 不知道 洛杉矶来的一个人 |
[05:49] | L.A.? Why L.A.? | 洛杉矶 为什么从洛杉矶找人 |
[05:57] | It’s freezing outside. | 外面冻死人了 |
[05:59] | Yes, I know, it’s January. | 是啊 这可是一月份 |
[06:02] | All this affection for seasons. | 人们这么喜欢季节变化 |
[06:04] | I don’t understand. | 我真是不懂 |
[06:05] | I think it’s about change. | 我觉得就是变化吧 |
[06:07] | Yeah, change– it’s monstrous. | 是啊 变化 变化最可怕 |
[06:09] | Hmm. May I help you? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[06:11] | I’m Burl Preston for Diane Lockhart. | 我叫伯尔·普雷斯顿 找戴安·洛克哈特 |
[06:14] | He’s really suing us. | 他真的起诉我们了 |
[06:15] | We thought you could sign an affidavit | 我们想让你签一份书面陈述 |
[06:17] | saying you asked us for the divorce. | 说明是你让我们打离婚官司的 |
[06:18] | Jake is such a turd. | 杰克真是个混蛋 |
[06:20] | He’really suing you? | 他真的起诉你们了? |
[06:22] | April, how does Jake know Burl Preston? | 艾波 杰克怎么认识伯尔·普雷斯顿的 |
[06:24] | Burl who? | 伯尔什么 |
[06:26] | Preston. | 普雷斯顿 |
[06:28] | He’s an L.A. lawyer, a top L.A. Lawyer. | 他是洛杉矶的律师 顶级律师 |
[06:30] | Oh, it must be from one of his companies. | 一定是在他的公司里认识的 |
[06:32] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[06:33] | I’m just surprised he would take this case. | 我很奇怪他会接这个案子 |
[06:37] | Maybe he wants part of the $44 million. | 可能他想从这4400万分一杯羹 |
[06:40] | Will, you there? | 威尔 你还在吗 |
[06:42] | Yes, I’m here. | 是 我在 |
[06:44] | How did you know your husband was suing for $44 million? | 你怎么知道你丈夫要索赔4400万 |
[06:47] | How did I know? | 我怎么知道的 |
[06:49] | You said. | 你刚说的 |
[06:51] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没说 |
[06:52] | Ms. Lockhart, | 洛克哈特女士 |
[06:54] | I always seem to visiting you during the cold months. | 我好像总是在冷天拜访你 |
[06:57] | Yes, I don’t suppose you would fly us out to L.A. for the depositions? | 是啊 我觉得你不会让我们飞去洛杉矶作证吧 |
[07:00] | Ah, now there’s an idea. | 你这主意不错 |
[07:05] | I, uh, I don’t think you’ve met. | 你俩应该没见过 |
[07:07] | Captain David Lee– I was the divorce attorney. | 我是大卫·李上尉 我就是那个离婚律师 |
[07:10] | So you’re the one who wrested control of my client’s companies? | 你就是夺取了我委托人公司的那个了 |
[07:14] | Uh, no, I think he should look to his wife for that. | 不 我认为他应该找他老婆去 |
[07:17] | – We just got her… – David, stop. | -我们只不过让她… -打住 大卫 |
[07:18] | Mr. Gardner, hello. | 加德纳先生 你好 |
[07:20] | – Good to see you again. – They have her. | -很高兴再次见到你 -她在他们一边 |
[07:22] | They have Mrs. Huntley. | 亨特利太太在他们一边 |
[07:24] | That’s right, Mr. And Mrs. Huntley have reconciled. | 没错 亨特利夫妇和好了 |
[07:27] | You broke up their marriage | 你们拆散了他们的婚姻 |
[07:29] | and hastily sold off their most valuable asset. | 仓促地卖掉了他们最有价值的资产 |
[07:32] | It was a fair division of assets. | 那是公平的财产分割 |
[07:34] | For you, yes. | 对你们而言 是的 |
[07:35] | Bubble Elastic was a company owned by Mr. Huntley. | BE公司是亨特利先生的企业 |
[07:39] | Mrs. Huntley gained control of it during the divorce. | 离婚期间 亨特利太太获得了它的控制权 |
[07:41] | Exactly, she gained control. | 没错 她获得了控制权 |
[07:43] | Until you helped her sell it earlier this year at a loss. | 直到今年初你们折价帮她出售了公司 |
[07:47] | It’s now worth $44 million. | 这家公司现在价值4400万 |
[07:51] | This is not a harassment suit. | 这不是一起骚扰诉讼 |
[07:53] | You conspired to end this marriage for your financial gain. | 你们为己之利阴谋拆散这桩婚姻 |
[07:57] | As a result, my client lost out on a $44 million windfall, | 结果我的委托人损失了4400万 |
[08:01] | and that is the amount you will pay. | 这就是你们要偿付的代价 |
[08:27] | Wait a minute! | 等等再说 |
[08:29] | This was always part of the equity partner agreement. | 这是写在权益合伙人协议里的 |
[08:33] | I have no control over family law. | 家庭法律部不归我管 |
[08:34] | Why should I be held accountable for his screwups? | 我为什么要为他搞砸的事埋单 |
[08:36] | My screwups? I did not… | 我搞砸的事? 我没搞砸 |
[08:38] | Okay, okay, hold it together, guys. | 好了好了 淡定点伙计们 |
[08:40] | No, I’m not going to take that from him. | 不 我不接受这个人这样说我 |
[08:41] | Him? Julius. | 这个人? 朱利叶斯 |
[08:43] | – My name is Julius. – All right, all right, listen up! | -我叫朱利叶斯 -好啦 听我说 |
[08:45] | We need to win. | 我们要赢 |
[08:47] | Malpractice insurance won’t cover this. | 失职保险不管这个 |
[08:49] | It’s an intentional tort, | 我们被诉故意侵权 |
[08:51] | so we are all on the hook for $1.2 million. | 所以我们每人要赔120万 |
[08:55] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:57] | We’re on the hook for $1.2 million. | 我们每人赔120万 |
[08:59] | All of the equity partners share everything | 所有权益合伙人都有份 |
[09:00] | in sickness and in health. | 同甘共苦 |
[09:02] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[09:03] | Um, I just signed the equity partner agreement last week, | 我上周才签了权益合伙人协议 |
[09:07] | and you’re telling me I owe you $1.2 million? | 你现在告诉我我欠你120万? |
[09:10] | Only if we lose, Eli. | 如果我们输了的话 伊莱 |
[09:11] | Which, given David Lee and his methods, | 根据大卫·李和他的手段 |
[09:13] | seems highly likely. | 输的可能性大大的 |
[09:14] | Oh, go to hell, Julius. | 去死吧 朱利叶斯 |
[09:15] | There, I said your name. Happy? | 我叫你名字了 开心了? |
[09:17] | I’ll be happy when you’re disbarred. | 你被吊销执照我才开心呢 |
[09:18] | How about that? You’re a moron! | 这个怎么样 你是个蠢货 |
[09:20] | Bring it on. | 放马过来吧 |
[09:22] | What is going on here? | 这是在干嘛呐 |
[09:28] | One happy family. | 相亲相爱一家人啊 |
[09:33] | Could you, uh, buzz Diane Lockhart? | 能请你给戴安·洛克哈特打个电话吗 |
[09:35] | Excuse me, this is a place of business. | 打扰了 这是办公场所 |
[09:37] | Yes, hi. | 是的 你好 |
[09:38] | Tori, get security. | 托里 叫保安 |
[09:39] | If you want to serve someone, | 如果你要给某人送传票 |
[09:40] | you can leave it with the receptionist. | 你可以把它留在前台 |
[09:42] | No, I’m not here to… | 不 我不是来送传票的 |
[09:43] | I’m here for Diane on a personal matter. | 我来找戴安是有私事 |
[09:46] | Yeah, it’s all personal. | 是啊 都是私事 |
[09:47] | Mike, can you escort this process server | 迈克 你能把这位传票送达员 |
[09:49] | down to the lobby, please? | 送到大厅吗 谢谢 |
[09:50] | Sir. | 请走吧先生 |
[09:51] | Please give this to her, okay? | 请把这个给她 好吗 |
[09:55] | You can leave it with the receptionist. | 你可以放在前台 |
[09:59] | The photos are real. | 照片是真的 |
[10:01] | He did meet and sleep with the stripper. | 他确实与脱衣舞女上床了 |
[10:04] | But…? | 但是呢 |
[10:05] | It wasn’t purely spontaneous. | 但并不完全是他自愿的 |
[10:07] | We did not. | 不会是我们下的套吧 |
[10:09] | No, we didn’t. | 倒也不是 |
[10:11] | Mrs. Huntley wanted full custody of her daughter. | 亨特利太太想要女儿的完全监护权 |
[10:13] | That was unlikely, | 那太难了 |
[10:15] | so David Lee asked me to set up a DUI trap. | 所以大卫·李让我弄个酒驾陷阱 |
[10:18] | The stripper wasn’t supposed to sleep with him, | 那个舞女并不是被派去跟他上床 |
[10:20] | just get him drinking above the legal limit, | 任务只是让他饮酒过量 |
[10:23] | and then a cop I called pulled him over. | 而后 我叫的警察拦下了他 |
[10:24] | I mean, it worked. | 这办法确实奏效了 |
[10:26] | The husband had a DUI just before the custody hearing. | 丈夫在监护权听证前有了酒驾记录 |
[10:29] | He lost custody. | 便失去了监护权 |
[10:31] | You have such lofty goals when you start a law firm– | 带着那么崇高的目标开个律所 |
[10:35] | dreams of fighting injustice, righting wrongs. | 梦想着为正义奋斗 矫正不公 |
[10:37] | Again, the point wasn’t to get him to sleep with her. | 再次声明 本来目标不是让他们上床的 |
[10:40] | Mr. Huntley acted on his own there. | 亨特利先生正好表现了本性而已 |
[10:42] | Was this discussed with the client? | 这事和委托人说过吗 |
[10:43] | Mrs. Huntley? | 亨特利太太? |
[10:44] | Not to my knowledge. | 这我就不清楚了 |
[10:46] | She just wanted full custody of her daughter. | 她只是想要女儿的完全监护权而已 |
[10:47] | This was David Lee going the extra mile. | 是大卫·李想出这么个超常规的办法 |
[10:49] | Yep, good old David Lee. | 没错 我们亲爱的大卫·李 |
[10:52] | Was this written down anywhere– this DUI trap? | 这个酒驾陷阱有书面记录吗 |
[10:54] | Possibly in David’s notes, but I’m not sure. | 大卫可能做了笔记 我不确定 |
[10:57] | Okay, we’ll try to limit discovery. | 好吧 我们要努力缩小信息披露的范围 |
[10:59] | Kalinda, you do a document sweep. | 凯琳达 你去做档案查询 |
[11:01] | We need to know what skeletons are rattling around. | 我们得知道哪些部分有问题 |
[11:03] | And, Alicia, you’re the David Lee wrangler. | 艾丽西娅 你去呵护大卫·李 |
[11:06] | Will, do you have a minute? | 威尔 有时间谈一下吗 |
[11:08] | Thank you, Alicia, Kalinda. | 谢谢你们 艾丽西娅 凯琳达 |
[11:12] | We can’t catch a breath, can we? | 我们连喘口气的时间都没 是吧 |
[11:14] | You need to hire a lawyer. | 你得请个律师 |
[11:15] | – We can handle this. – No. | -我们能处理好 -我们不行 |
[11:18] | I mean Wendy Scott-Carr. | 我指的是温迪·斯科特-卡尔那事 |
[11:20] | I have a few names. | 我有个推荐律师名单 |
[11:21] | No, it’s all right. | 不用 我能搞定 |
[11:22] | I’m interviewing Jason Cline and Lionel Deerfield. | 我即将面试克莱恩和迪尔菲尔德 |
[11:25] | They’re good. | 他们很不错 |
[11:28] | We don’t want this to go to a grand jury. | 我们不希望这事闹到大陪审团面前去 |
[11:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:32] | – You’re okay? – I am. | -你还好? -很好 |
[11:35] | If this starts impacting the firm, | 如果这件事开始影响律所的利益 |
[11:39] | we’ll have to talk. | 我们就需要好好谈谈了 |
[11:40] | Will, there is nothing we’ll ever have to talk about. | 威尔 我们不需要谈任何事 |
[11:44] | This is a State’s Attorney witch hunt. | 这只是州检察官的政治迫害行为 |
[11:46] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[11:47] | We’re in this together. | 我和你站在一起 |
[11:56] | It’s probably too early to drink. | 现在就喝一杯好像还有点早 |
[11:58] | Another two hours. | 再等两个小时吧 |
[12:00] | You need a lawyer. | 你需要个律师 |
[12:01] | I need a lawyer. | 我需要个律师 |
[12:01] | Thanks for coming in, Jason. | 多谢你过来 杰森 |
[12:03] | I seem to be the State’s Attorney’s target of the month. | 我成了州检察官的本月目标 |
[12:06] | – Yeah. – I think this investigation | -没错 -我觉得这个关于 |
[12:08] | into judicial bribery is getting more serious. | 司法贿赂的调查越来越来真的了 |
[12:10] | Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. | 不用担心 你会没事的 |
[12:13] | I will? | 会吗 |
[12:14] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[12:15] | This is a little hiccup. | 这只是个暂时的小问题 |
[12:16] | The State’s Attorney just needs to… | 州检察官只是需要… |
[12:18] | throw its weight around a little bit. | 展示一下自己的手腕 |
[12:19] | What about a grand jury? | 那大陪审团呢 |
[12:21] | Oh. Grand juries. | 大陪审团嘛 |
[12:24] | They’re a joke. | 他们就是个笑话 |
[12:25] | I’m a fighter. | 我是个斗士 |
[12:27] | We’ll fight them together. | 我们去跟他们干一仗 |
[12:30] | He told me my husband was cheating on me. | 他说我丈夫出轨了 |
[12:32] | He showed me pictures. | 他给我看了照片 |
[12:34] | I was stunned. | 我都惊呆了 |
[12:35] | I trusted my lawyer. I trusted my firm. | 我相信了我的律师和我的律所 |
[12:37] | But your husband did cheat on you? | 但你丈夫确实出轨了啊 |
[12:39] | No. He said he had never met that woman before. | 没有 他说他之前从没见过那女人 |
[12:41] | She sat down next to him and offered to buy a drink. | 她在他身边坐下 请了他一杯酒 |
[12:44] | But this is him kissing her, isn’t it? | 但照片里是他在吻她 不是吗 |
[12:47] | It was a peck– a peck on the cheek. | 那只是在脸颊上象征性的一吻 |
[12:49] | And didn’t he say this was a setup by your divorce lawyer? | 他还说这些都是被你的律师陷害的 对吗 |
[12:52] | Would you like to take over the questioning, Mr. Preston? | 你想做质询方吗 普雷斯顿先生 |
[12:54] | No, but I thought we might cut to the chase. | 不 但我觉得该谈重点问题了 |
[12:56] | Okay. Here’s the chase. | 好的 那我来谈重点 |
[12:57] | You came to David Lee to divorce your husband? | 你当初找大卫·李 是为了离婚吗 |
[13:00] | No. I came to David Lee for advice. | 不 我是找他寻求建议 |
[13:02] | Is this your signature | 这是你在律师-当事人 |
[13:03] | on the attorney-client retainer agreement? | 代理合同上签的字吗 |
[13:07] | And what does it say on the top there? | 合同开头写的什么呢 |
[13:09] | “Intent to divorce.” | 自愿离婚 |
[13:10] | April, did you try | 艾波 你在决定离婚前 |
[13:12] | to reconcile with your husband before the divorce? | 曾尝试过和丈夫和解吗 |
[13:14] | Yes, twice. | 试过 两次 |
[13:15] | And when you told your divorce attorney this? | 当你把这种想法告诉律师时 他怎么说 |
[13:18] | He showed me these pictures. | 他给我看了这些照片 |
[13:20] | Of course, I showed her the pictures. | 当然 我给她看了照片 |
[13:21] | She was wanting to reconcile with the bum. | 她想跟那个混蛋和好 |
[13:23] | And you didn’t want that? | 而你不希望这样 是吗 |
[13:24] | If I’m a shoe salesman and you come to buy shoes, | 如果我是个卖鞋商人 你来买鞋 |
[13:26] | it’s not my job to talk you out of it. | 我没理由说服你不要买吧 |
[13:28] | It’s my job to find a good shoe for you. | 我的工作是给你找双好鞋 |
[13:29] | Twice, she tried to reconcile. | 她两次尝试和好 |
[13:31] | Twice, she came to you to call off the divorce. | 她两次来找你撤销离婚诉讼 |
[13:33] | Twice, you convinced her not to. | 你两次说服了她不要撤销 |
[13:35] | Because he was shtupping a stripper. | 因为她丈夫和一个脱衣舞娘有染 |
[13:37] | That was not proven. Mr. Huntley denies… | 这并无证据 亨特利先生否认… |
[13:39] | Oh, my God. He does? | 哦天呐 他否认 |
[13:40] | How could I have been so mistaken? | 我怎么犯了这么大的错哟 |
[13:42] | Mr. Lee was speaking sarcastically. | 李先生在讽刺 |
[13:44] | Who do you call a true friend? | 你认为什么样的人是真正的朋友呢 |
[13:46] | The one who sees your husband shtupping a stripper | 看到你丈夫跟脱衣舞娘上床后告诉你的人呢 |
[13:48] | and says nothing, or the one who says something? | 还是什么都不说的人 |
[13:49] | Did you hire the stripper? | 你雇的那个脱衣舞娘吗 |
[13:52] | Did I what? Did I hire this woman? Are you crazy? | 我什么 我雇的脱衣舞娘? 你疯了吗 |
[13:55] | Please, answer the question. | 请正面回答这个问题 |
[13:59] | No, I did not hire the stripper. | 不 我没有雇她 |
[14:01] | You perjure yourself in here, sir, | 你如果在这里作伪证 |
[14:03] | it’s the equivalent of perjuring yourself court. | 效果等同于在法庭上作伪证 |
[14:08] | Thank you. | 多谢你 |
[14:09] | Go ahead and ask the question again. | 你重问一遍问题吧 |
[14:11] | Did you hire this woman? | 你雇了这个女人吗 |
[14:23] | No, I did not hire the stripper pictured in those photos. | 不 我没有雇照片里的那个脱衣舞女 |
[14:27] | I did lose my virginity when I was 14. | 但我却在14岁时失去了童贞 |
[14:29] | I do have a secret crush on Jacqueline Onassis. | 而且我暗恋杰奎琳·欧纳西[肯尼迪夫人] |
[14:32] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[14:33] | I didn’t cry when the Challenger exploded. | 挑战者号航天飞机爆炸时 我没哭 |
[14:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:36] | Basically, you’re in trouble. | 你有麻烦了 |
[14:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:39] | I’m not here to sugarcoat it, Will. | 我不想捡好听的话哄你 威尔 |
[14:41] | You hire me, I’ll give it to you straight. | 你要雇用我 我就实话实说 |
[14:43] | They’re investigating you for arranging bribery, | 他们调查你行贿 |
[14:46] | and from the sound of it, they have something. | 看上去 他们手上有些证据 |
[14:48] | They have circumstantial something. | 他们有些间接证据 |
[14:49] | For a grand jury, that’s enough. | 对于大陪审团来说 那些足够了 |
[14:51] | And your defense? | 你打算怎么辩护 |
[14:53] | Turn evidence. | 检举同犯 争取立功 |
[14:54] | Against who? I don’t have anything. | 检举谁 我什么证据都没有 |
[14:56] | Everybody has something. | 肯定有 |
[14:57] | Give it to them. | 展示出来就是了 |
[14:58] | For a lighter sentence. | 换取较轻的刑罚 |
[15:00] | How light? | 多轻的刑罚 |
[15:02] | Two years, maybe. | 或许两年 |
[15:03] | Probation? | 缓刑吗 |
[15:05] | No. Minimum security. | 不 最低警戒监狱 |
[15:06] | Loss of your law license. | 吊销律师执照 |
[15:11] | I could never practice law again? | 那我再也不能从事律师行业了吗 |
[15:13] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[15:19] | God, you’re a bundle of laughs. | 天呐 你真会说笑 |
[15:21] | Yep. | 是的 |
[15:22] | Old age. | 年纪大了 |
[15:23] | My cynicism seeping through like oil through a garden of leaves. | 这股子愤世嫉俗挡都挡不住 |
[15:30] | Are you guys being sued? | 你们被起诉了吧 |
[15:32] | I saw Burl Preston out there. | 我看到伯尔·普雷斯顿在这儿了 |
[15:35] | Good-bye, Lionel. | 再见 莱昂内尔 |
[15:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:46] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[15:49] | What? The Challenger? | 什么 关于挑战者号航天飞机的事吗 |
[15:50] | Yes, I didn’t cry. | 是的 我没哭 |
[15:52] | David. | 大卫 |
[15:53] | Did you hire that stripper for a DUI trap? | 是你雇用脱衣舞娘为他设下酒驾陷阱的吗 |
[15:56] | $44 million. | 4400万美元 |
[15:57] | That’s what I just saved you in there. | 我刚才的回答为你省了这笔钱 |
[16:00] | They can’t prove we hired that stripper, | 他们没法证明我们雇用脱衣舞娘 |
[16:01] | the lawsuit goes away. | 于是我们就能摆脱这案子 |
[16:03] | And you want to question that? | 你对此有异议吗 |
[16:04] | I want to question you perjuring yourself. | 我对你作伪证有异议 |
[16:06] | I told him the truth– I did not hire her. | 我说了真话 我没有雇用她 |
[16:09] | Kalinda did? | 是凯琳达雇用的吗 |
[16:10] | This is an adult’s game, Diane. | 戴安 这是个成人游戏 |
[16:12] | I’m fine if you don’t want to play, | 如果你不配合的话 我没意见 |
[16:14] | but then don’t ask the questions. | 但是请你不要过问 |
[16:18] | And what about Alicia? | 那么艾丽西娅呢 |
[16:20] | – What about her? – She’s being deposed next. | -艾丽西娅怎么了 -她下一个作证 |
[16:22] | Will she contradict you? | 她的证词和你的会有出入吗 |
[16:39] | When you had your troubles with the Treasury, the Treasury monitor… | 那会儿财政部监察员找你麻烦的时候 |
[16:43] | – Yes? – The lawyer you used– she was good? | -怎么 -你雇用的律师 她很不错吧 |
[16:45] | – Yeah, she was great. – What was her name? | -是的 她棒极了 -她叫什么名字 |
[16:47] | Elsbeth Tascioni. | 埃尔斯贝特·塔肖尼 |
[16:49] | Are you looking for a lawyer? | 你在物色律师吗 |
[16:50] | I might be. | 可能需要 |
[16:52] | Too bad there are none here. | 真可惜你在我们律所找不到人 |
[16:55] | What’s going on, Will? | 威尔 出什么事了 |
[17:00] | – You don’t have to tell me. – It’s not anything. | -你不必告诉我 -没什么 |
[17:02] | I just don’t want to make life more complicated. | 我只是不想让生活变得更复杂 |
[17:05] | – She’s discreet, this woman? – Yes. | -这个女人 她很谨慎吧 -是的 |
[17:07] | Um, she’s also different. | 她还有些另类 |
[17:09] | I’m not sure how well you’ll get along. | 不知道你们能不能好好相处 |
[17:11] | Well, is it worth a meeting? | 她值得一见吗 |
[17:13] | It is. | 是的 |
[17:17] | Don’t judge by first impressions. | 不要被初次印象所误导 |
[17:21] | Promise. | 一定不会 |
[17:29] | Hi. Alicia, how are you? | 艾丽西娅 你好吗 |
[17:30] | Good. David, what’s up? | 很好 大卫 什么事 |
[17:33] | I’ve done something for you. | 我为你做了一些事 |
[17:35] | Your children’s trust– I decided to get a jump on it. | 这是你孩子的信托合同 我提早做出来了 |
[17:37] | – Okay, thanks. – No problem. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[17:39] | Had to get done. | 必须要做的 |
[17:41] | It was complicated because it had to anticipate | 这比较复杂 因为要预测到 |
[17:43] | all the ways you might go with your husband. | 你和你丈夫以后所有可能发生的情况 |
[17:45] | Separation, divorce. | 分居 离婚 |
[17:48] | So… you know, my memory– | 我的记忆 |
[17:51] | not so good. | 不是特别好 |
[17:52] | Anyway, with your upcoming deposition, | 总之 你就要作证了 |
[17:54] | I just wanted to check my facts with you, | 我想核对一些情况 |
[17:55] | make sure we’re in agreement. | 以确保我们保持一致 |
[17:58] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[18:00] | Will they ever dump David Lee? | 他们会把大卫·李踢出局吗 |
[18:02] | No. He brings in too much money. | 不会 他带来了大量的收入 |
[18:05] | What if he was costing too much money? | 如果因他损失了太多的钱呢 |
[18:08] | Well, depends on how much money. | 那要取决于是多少钱 |
[18:11] | It’s not about love; it’s about commerce. | 这不是感情问题 是利益问题 |
[18:14] | So if I made a play? | 如果我算计他呢 |
[18:16] | It would depend on the play. | 那就取决于你的计策了 |
[18:18] | Okay. Thanks a lot. | 好的 谢谢 |
[18:20] | But if you go after David Lee, | 如果你要算计大卫·李 |
[18:22] | you’d better win, or it won’t be pretty. | 你最好有把握赢 要不然你会很惨 |
[18:29] | It’s kind of nerve-racking in here, isn’t it? | 真伤脑筋 不是吗 |
[18:30] | Everybody ducking and covering? | 每个人都在躲避 掩饰 |
[18:33] | No, it seems fine to me. | 不 我觉得没什么问题 |
[18:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:36] | Then you’re made of stronger stuff. | 你真坚强 |
[18:38] | You, uh… | 你 |
[18:39] | you know the penalty for perjury, Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 你知道作伪证的后果吗 |
[18:42] | I do. | 是的 |
[18:43] | What is it? | 后果是什么 |
[18:44] | Perjury is a class three felony resulting in imprisonment | 作伪证是三级重罪 |
[18:47] | for no less than two years and no more than five. | 罪犯要面临2至5年的监禁 |
[18:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[18:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:52] | In what capacity | 在亨特利离婚案中 |
[18:53] | did you assist David Lee on the Huntley divorce? | 你是怎么协助大卫·李的 |
[18:56] | Under his supervision, I helped negotiate | 在他的指导之下 |
[18:59] | the division of assets and execute the paperwork. | 我协助协商资产分割事项和文件方面的工作 |
[19:01] | And what else? | 还有什么 |
[19:02] | I’m not sure what you mean. | 我不太确定你的意思 |
[19:04] | Didn’t you also function as something of a hand-holder | 你是不是也对我的委托人 |
[19:07] | for my client? | 进行了安慰鼓励呢 |
[19:07] | No. | 没有 |
[19:09] | You didn’t? | 你没有吗 |
[19:10] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[19:13] | Oh. I see. | 我明白了 |
[19:15] | Let me try again. | 我重问一遍 |
[19:18] | Did you function as hand-holder to April Huntley, | 你有没有对我委托人的妻子 |
[19:21] | the wife of my client? | 艾波·亨特利进行安慰鼓励呢 |
[19:22] | I tried to comfort her. Yes. | 是的 我试着安慰她 |
[19:23] | You told her you had also dealt with an unfaithful spouse? | 你告诉她 你也经历过配偶不忠的情形? |
[19:29] | We commiserated over similarities in our personal lives. | 我们由于私生活中的相似经历而同病相怜 |
[19:32] | Did you express what a relief it was | 你是否表达过离开不忠的丈夫 |
[19:34] | to be away from a cheating husband, | 是一种解脱 |
[19:36] | saying, “You can’t imagine the relief | 原话是 “你无法想象 |
[19:38] | you feel that first night, | 当你离开他的第一晚 |
[19:40] | just being alone, having a glass of wine”? | 独自喝杯红酒时的解脱的感觉”? |
[19:43] | Objection, Mr. Preston. | 反对 普雷斯顿先生 |
[19:44] | Are we really delving into Mrs. Florrick’s private life? | 有必要探寻福瑞克夫人的私生活吗 |
[19:46] | Only as far as Mrs. Florrick delved | 只因为福瑞克夫人自己愿意 |
[19:48] | into it to further the firm’s interests. | 分享经历来为律所争取利益 |
[19:50] | Did you exploit your marital status | 你是否利用了自己的婚姻状况 |
[19:52] | to influence my client’s wife? | 来影响我的委托人的妻子呢 |
[19:54] | Mrs. Huntley asked me about my own experiences, | 亨特利夫人询问了我的经历 |
[19:57] | and I shared those with her in an attempt to comfort. | 我便讲出了我的经历 以求安慰她 |
[20:01] | – That is all. – To your knowledge, | -只是这样 -据你所知 |
[20:02] | did David Lee hire the stripper, Alexandria, | 大卫·李是否雇佣了脱衣舞女亚历山德丽亚 |
[20:04] | to seduce my client? | 来引诱我的委托人 |
[20:06] | No. | 没有 |
[20:10] | You’re under oath, Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 你宣过誓的 |
[20:11] | Yes, I recognize that, and my answer is still no. | 是的 我知道 我的回答依然是没有 |
[20:16] | That seems to be your case, Mr. Preston. | 普雷斯顿先生 这就是你的问题的回答了 |
[20:19] | Shall we call it a day? | 可以结束了吗 |
[20:20] | Uh, just… just one more thing. | 再问一个问题 |
[20:23] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[20:24] | what is this? | 这是什么 |
[20:25] | It appears to be a contract for the sale of Bubble Elastic. | 看上去是一份出售BE公司的合同 |
[20:28] | It is, in fact. | 对的 |
[20:30] | Your law firm negotiated that sale? | 是你的律所协商的这次出售吗 |
[20:32] | We did. | 是的 |
[20:34] | Do you see that last line? | 你看到最后一行了吗 |
[20:36] | What percentage did your law firm negotiate | 根据协商 BE公司的未来收益 |
[20:38] | for Bubble Elastic’s future profits? | 你律所将分得多少 |
[20:41] | It says five, | 这上面写的是5% |
[20:42] | but I was not involved in that. | 但我没有参与协商 |
[20:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:46] | But I thought a third-year associate who perjured herself… | 但我认为一名作伪证的第三年的律师… |
[20:48] | Objection. | 反对 |
[20:49] | …would be the best one to read | 会是最佳的 |
[20:51] | about the demise of Lockhart/Gardner. | 宣告洛克哈特&加德纳律所死讯的人 |
[20:53] | Is this a deposition or an attack? | 这是取证会还是人身攻击啊 |
[20:54] | A little of both, actually. | 事实上 两者都有 |
[20:56] | That line there– five percent– means you made more | 那一行 5% 意味着你们从公司 |
[21:00] | from that company than Mrs. Huntley. | 获取的利润比亨特利夫人还多 |
[21:02] | Does that sound fair, Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 这听上去合理吗 |
[21:04] | It sounds like a judgment call. | 这听上去是你的主观见解 |
[21:05] | A legal judgment call. | 是符合法律的主观见解 |
[21:07] | Ms. Lockhart is right. | 洛克哈特女士是对的 |
[21:08] | I may not have you on alienation of affection, | 我确实不能以离间感情起诉你们 |
[21:11] | but I now have you on fraud. | 但现在我可以起诉你们欺诈 |
[21:13] | We’re done here. Thank you. | 今天到此为止 谢谢你 |
[21:15] | Oh, no. | 别啊 |
[21:17] | We’re just beginning. | 我们才刚刚开始 |
[21:26] | It was money. | 是为了赚钱 |
[21:27] | I was trying to make the firm money. | 我只是想为律所赚钱 |
[21:29] | I’m not going to pay for his mistake. | 我不会为他的错误埋单的 |
[21:31] | Well, I’m not paying for yours. | 我也不会为你的错误埋单 |
[21:32] | Okay, let’s all raise hands, one at a time. | 好了 让我们一个个的说 |
[21:34] | I got a five percent return on the company sale– | 我在公司交易中获得了5%的未来利润 |
[21:36] | I can’t help it if David Lee got his client less. | 是大卫·李没为他的委托人争取足够的份额 |
[21:38] | What? Are you kidding? | 什么 你在开玩笑吗 |
[21:39] | And now he’s abdicating responsibility. | 这是他的渎职 |
[21:40] | Your left hand does not know what your right hand is doing. | 看来你的左右手平时都不交流的 |
[21:42] | Why am I being persecuted for doing my job? | 为什么我要因为忠于本职而被迫害 |
[21:44] | Because you didn’t tell us, and now it’s fraud, | 因为你没告诉我们 现在这被当成欺诈了 |
[21:46] | you stupid… | 你这个蠢… |
[21:48] | Stupid what? | 蠢什么 |
[21:50] | – Ooh. Come on, say it. – I didn’t say anything. | -来吧 说出来 -我什么也没说 |
[21:52] | I wasn’t going to say anything, and I’m | 我什么也没要说 |
[21:54] | really offended that you think I would say… | 而你却认为我要说什么 这是对我的冒犯 |
[21:55] | – Oh, are you offended, David? – Thank you very much. | -大卫 你被冒犯了吗 -谢谢你们 |
[21:56] | – Are you offended, David? – Thank you. | -大卫 你被冒犯了吗 -谢谢你们 |
[21:58] | Did the client sign a conflict of interest waiver? | 委托人签署利益冲突豁免条款了吗 |
[22:00] | That’s right, she did. It’s standard for us. | 没错 她签了 这是标准流程 |
[22:02] | Good, we’re protected. It can’t be fraud if she signed off | 很好 有保护了 如果她签了潜在利益冲突条款 |
[22:05] | on any potential conflict of interest. | 就不存在欺诈了 |
[22:06] | Why don’t I find it in discovery? | 我怎么找不到 |
[22:08] | Because you’re blind. | 因为你瞎了 |
[22:09] | It’s there. It’s a standard rider. | 就在那儿 那是标准附加条款 |
[22:10] | – All right, where, David? – It’s a rider. | -好吧 大卫 在哪儿 -是个附加条款 |
[22:12] | If it’s not with the hard copy, it’s in the database. | 如果纸版没有 那就在数据库里 |
[22:13] | – I’ll get Kalinda on it. – Diane. | -我去找凯琳达办这事 -戴安 |
[22:17] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[22:19] | Clause 63. | 第63项条款 |
[22:21] | In a malpractice case, the partners can vote | 在执业过失案件里 合伙人可以投票 |
[22:23] | to hold only the negligent partner liable | 决定只由过失合伙人 |
[22:25] | for the entirety of damages. | 对全部损失负责 |
[22:27] | We’re not throwing anyone under the bus, Eli. | 伊莱 我们不会丢下任何人的 |
[22:29] | Last time I looked, we’re all under the bus. | 依我看 我们所有人处境都不妙 |
[22:32] | This was a clause insisted on by David Lee. | 这是大卫·李坚持添加的条款 |
[22:35] | – He was the one… – Who told you that? | -他是那个… -谁告诉你的 |
[22:37] | Who told me David Lee insisted on it? Kalinda. | 谁告诉我大卫·李要求的吗 凯琳达 |
[22:40] | He was afraid to be at the mercy | 他害怕为别人的错误埋单 |
[22:43] | of other people’s mistakes. It seems only fitting… | 那么看起来最合理的是… |
[22:44] | David Lee brought in 30% of the firm’s business this year. | 大卫·李今年带来律所30%的生意 |
[22:47] | And 100% of the malpractice suits. | 以及100%的执业过失诉讼 |
[22:50] | You are a profit participant now, Eli. | 伊莱 你现在是权益合伙人了 |
[22:52] | Throwing David Lee overboard is shortsighted. | 抛弃大卫·李太短视了 |
[22:54] | It is reacting to short-term circumstances | 这是对短期情形采取长期措施 |
[22:57] | with long-term measures, and I won’t do it. | 我不会这么做的 |
[22:59] | No, you won’t do it. | 你当然不会做 |
[23:01] | Because you have a failed romantic notion | 因为你有个失败的浪漫主义观念 |
[23:02] | that what you’re running here is a family. | 那就是把这里当成一个家庭 |
[23:04] | It’s not a family, Diane. | 戴安 这里不是家庭 |
[23:05] | A family can’t fire you. | 家庭不会炒掉你 |
[23:07] | A family doesn’t cost me $1.2 million. | 家庭也不会让我付出120万的代价 |
[23:09] | We’re not doing it, Eli. | 我们不会这么做 伊莱 |
[23:11] | If David Lee came to me wanting to dump you, | 如果换做是大卫·李想踢你出局 |
[23:13] | I would have that same answer. | 我也一样会给否定回答 |
[23:17] | I can outvote you. | 我可以用投票驳倒你 |
[23:19] | All I need is a majority of the equity partners. | 只需得到大多数权益合伙人的支持就行了 |
[23:22] | Well, that’s true. | 没错 |
[23:24] | Too bad you haven’t been fostering relationships. | 可惜你还没和他们培养好关系 |
[23:32] | No time like the present. | 现在不比平时 |
[23:46] | 哈利·伯格曼作品展 芝加哥美术馆 | |
[23:52] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:53] | They’re painting. | 这里正在粉刷 |
[23:54] | They keep trying to improve my office– | 他们不断地希望改善我的办公环境 |
[23:56] | Oh, no, wait, wait, wait! | 不要 等等 别坐 |
[23:59] | Oh, no. | 还好 |
[24:00] | That’s okay. | 没事了 |
[24:01] | The painters are practical jokers. | 这些油漆工总爱恶作剧 |
[24:10] | Thanks for meeting me, Ms. Tascioni. | 非常感谢你能见我 塔肖尼女士 |
[24:11] | I’ve met a lot of lawyers, | 我见过很多律师 |
[24:12] | but Mrs. Florrick swears by you. | 但福瑞克太太对你赞赏有加 |
[24:16] | She’s very nice. | 她人真好 |
[24:18] | So, they’re accusing you of bribing judges? | 那么 他们指控你贿赂法官是吗 |
[24:21] | The state’s attorney’s office, yes. | 对 是州检察官办公室 |
[24:23] | – But they’re not saying which ones? – No. | -但他们没说是哪些法官吗 -是的 |
[24:31] | Do you hear that? | 你听见了吗 |
[24:33] | Yes. | 听见了 |
[24:36] | Fantasia, someone’s calling! | 樊塔莎 有人来电话了 |
[24:39] | Fantasia! | 樊塔莎 |
[24:40] | Why don’t I come back another time? | 不如我改天再来吧 |
[24:42] | No, no. This’ll just take… | 没关系 这个只要… |
[24:45] | Uh, call back! | 我们会回电的 |
[24:46] | If you can hear me, call back! | 听见了吗 待会给你回电 |
[24:48] | You know, let me arrange another time | 要不我们再找时间 |
[24:50] | – for us to meet. – No, no. Mr. Gardner, | -见面吧 -不 加德纳先生 |
[24:52] | who are the three most honest judges in Cook County? | 谁是库克县最诚实的三大法官 |
[24:55] | The three most honest? | 最诚实的三个 |
[24:57] | I don’t know. | 我不太清楚 |
[24:58] | Howard, Spinelli, Kotter. | 可能是霍华德 斯比内利和考特 |
[25:01] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[25:02] | And you’re just waiting around for a grand jury, right? | 眼下你就干等着面对大陪审团了 对吗 |
[25:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:07] | That’s a mistake. | 这可不对 |
[25:09] | You have to apply pressure to the special prosecutor. | 你得给特别检察官施加些压力 |
[25:12] | How do I do that? | 我该怎么做 |
[25:13] | No, you don’t do anything. I do that. | 你不用做 我会做的 |
[25:15] | And how do you do that? | 那你会怎么做 |
[25:16] | I have no idea. | 我还没有头绪 |
[25:17] | But… | 不过… |
[25:18] | I’m just starting. | 我正开始理出头绪 |
[25:29] | Okay? | 就这样吧 |
[25:31] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[25:35] | I think that’s a different one. | 应该是另外一个人打来的 |
[25:37] | Fantasia! | 樊塔莎 |
[25:39] | If it’s logged in, it’s logged in. | 如果它被录入了电脑 那就在里面了 |
[25:41] | Yeah, but I checked the database. The contract’s on there, | 对 我查了数据库 合同确实在里面 |
[25:43] | but there’s one page missing: the rider. | 可却少了一页附加条款 |
[25:44] | It’s one page. So what? | 就一页 那又怎样 |
[25:46] | $44 million depends on that one page. | 这一页关乎着4400万 |
[25:48] | Well, here’s a suggestion. | 还有一种可能 |
[25:49] | Maybe it doesn’t exist. | 可能没被存进电脑 |
[25:51] | Whoever logged it in messed up, never got the rider signed. | 可能是录入的人搞错了 没附上附加条款 |
[25:53] | Well, can you find out who logged it in? | 那你能查出是谁录入的吗 |
[25:56] | If they log it in, it’s in my database. | 只要有人录入 名单都会在数据库中 |
[25:58] | Computers don’t make things up, people make things up. | 电脑不会编造事实 只有人才会 |
[26:02] | There. That’s who logged it in. | 这里 这个就是录入人 |
[26:03] | That’s who made the mistake, not me. | 是这人犯的错 不是我 |
[26:14] | Is something wrong? | 有什么事吗 |
[26:15] | Uh, the Huntleys– that was your first divorce? | 亨特利案是你跟的第一单离婚案吗 |
[26:19] | – Second. – And you were at the firm for how long? | -是第二单 -那时你来律所多久了 |
[26:21] | A half a year. Why? | 半年吧 怎么了 |
[26:22] | You supervised the signing of the contract? | 你督导了整个签署合同的过程吗 |
[26:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:27] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[26:28] | I’m finding some difficulties in the filing. | 我在查找备案文档时遇到了困难 |
[26:32] | There was no rider. | 那里没有附加条款 |
[26:35] | In the hard copy, I know. | 纸版确实是没有 |
[26:37] | You have to check the database. | 你得去查数据库 |
[26:38] | I did. | 我查了 |
[26:39] | I can’t find it there, either. | 那里我也没有找到 |
[26:41] | There was a rider. | 应该有的 |
[26:43] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[26:44] | I saw her sign it. | 我看着她签的 |
[26:47] | I was there when she signed it. | 她签字时 我就在旁边 |
[26:49] | I had to sign it, too. | 因为我也得签字 |
[26:53] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[26:56] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[27:00] | This whole lawsuit depends on that rider. | 那附加条款事关这整件案子 |
[27:02] | Look, it was your first year here. | 那时是你来这儿工作的第一年 |
[27:04] | – Is there any chance you could’ve… – No. | -有没有可能是你… -不可能 |
[27:06] | No, I mean, is there any chance | 不 我的意思是 你是否 |
[27:07] | you could’ve filed it somewhere else? | 将它归档到别处了 |
[27:08] | I don’t think so, no. | 我觉得不可能 |
[27:12] | I have to tell Diane. | 我得告诉戴安 |
[27:15] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[27:16] | I’m in the lobby, Alicia. I can’t hear. | 艾丽西娅 我现在在大厅 听不清楚 |
[27:18] | I’m on my way up. | 我准备上楼了 |
[27:21] | Well, look who’s here. | 看看谁来了 |
[27:23] | Yep. | 就是在下 |
[27:23] | – Hi. – Mr. Copeland, | -你好 -考普兰先生 |
[27:25] | thank you for the poster, but the answer is no. | 谢谢你的海报 但我的回答还是不 |
[27:28] | I’m not interested in having… | 我没兴趣… |
[27:29] | Would you excuse me? Just for a second. | 能容我失陪下吗 就一会 |
[27:31] | Mr. Dobbs? | 是多布斯先生吗 |
[27:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[27:33] | Apologies. | 非常抱歉 |
[27:35] | That’s not me. | 那可不是我 |
[27:36] | The summons is delivered, sir, when… | 传票已送到 先生 当… |
[27:40] | The summons is accepted when you acknowledge your name. | 一旦承认是本人 就视作你已接受传票 |
[27:43] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[27:44] | Please, stop struggling. | 所以 别再挣扎了 |
[27:47] | I’ll let you go, Mr. Dobbs, | 多布斯先生 只要你保证不反抗 |
[27:48] | if you promise not to fight. | 我就放开你 |
[27:49] | Now, do you promise not to fight? | 你能保证不反抗吗 |
[27:53] | Yes. | 我保证 |
[27:56] | Just take a few breaths. | 深吸几口气 |
[27:58] | You’ll be fine. | 你就会没事了 |
[27:59] | I’ll sue your ass! | 我要起诉你这混蛋 |
[28:00] | That’s your first impulse, | 这是你的冲动反应 |
[28:01] | but I’ve documented everything, and we got witnesses. | 但我都记录在案了 而且还有人证 |
[28:05] | You have been served, Mr. Dobbs. | 你被传唤了 多布斯先生 |
[28:07] | You were saying? | 你刚才说什么 |
[28:10] | That happens all the time? | 经常会这样吗 |
[28:12] | No, no. | 没有 没有 |
[28:13] | Sometimes. | 偶尔 |
[28:15] | Most people are pretty good about it. | 大部分人都好好地收下了 |
[28:17] | I wasn’t here to see you. | 我不是来找你的 |
[28:19] | It was the same building; I serve this district. | 被传唤对象也在这栋大厦 我负责这个片区 |
[28:21] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[28:23] | Well, I… I misunderstood. | 我误会了 |
[28:26] | It was very nice to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[28:28] | Very nice to see you. | 我也是 |
[28:34] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[28:36] | We can’t find the rider. | 我们找不到附加条款了 |
[28:39] | I filed it, but we can’t find it. | 我归档了 但找不到了 |
[28:40] | The rider was signed. | 附加条款是签过名的 |
[28:41] | I was supervising Alicia; | 当时我负责指导艾丽西娅 |
[28:42] | – I know it was signed. – Then where is it? | -我知道签过名 -那它在哪里呢 |
[28:44] | Would you stop cheering for disaster? | 你能不能别那么幸灾乐祸 |
[28:45] | I’m not cheering for anything. | 我没幸灾乐祸 |
[28:47] | – This is an I.T. problem. – No, it’s not. | -这是电脑问题 -不是 |
[28:49] | It’s all our problem. | 这是我们大家的问题 |
[28:51] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:52] | I know I logged it. | 我确实录入了的 |
[28:54] | It was your first year, Alicia. | 那是你入职第一年 艾丽西娅 |
[28:56] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[28:57] | Yes. | 确定 |
[29:00] | Thank you, Alicia. | 谢谢你 艾丽西娅 |
[29:19] | So, Clause 63? | 想对我用第63条? |
[29:22] | Yeah. Clause 63. | 没错 第63条 |
[29:26] | People have come after me– random people, here and there– | 找我麻烦的人形形色色 层出不穷 |
[29:29] | but you’re the first to do it so baldly. | 但你是第一个出手这么直截了当的 |
[29:33] | Nice office. | 办公室不错啊 |
[29:34] | – Thank you. – A lot of square footage. | -谢谢 -面积不小啊 |
[29:35] | I don’t keep track. | 我不知道具体数字 |
[29:37] | How much are you bringing in each year? | 你一年能给律所带来多少进项 |
[29:39] | I haven’t been here long enough to judge. | 我来的时间不长 还说不准 |
[29:41] | Yet you feel comfortable enough to try to get me dumped. | 你却还心安理得地想踢我下船 |
[29:45] | Yeah, I guess I do. | 对 是的 |
[29:47] | Is this a get-to-know- each-other session | 我们这是在交心呢 |
[29:49] | or are we confronting each other? | 还是在对峙呢 |
[29:51] | You are gone. | 你完蛋了 |
[29:51] | You are so gone you might as well clean out your desk. | 你彻底完蛋了 你可以收拾桌子了 |
[29:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:56] | Uh, why is that? | 为什么啊 |
[29:57] | Because I will insist on it. | 因为我一定会赶你走 |
[30:00] | Oh, no. Mmm. I’m sorry. | 不见得 抱歉 |
[30:02] | You don’t Clause 63 me. I Clause 63 you. | 没你对我用63条的份 只有我对你用 |
[30:05] | Yeah, that might’ve worked at another time, | 换个场合你也许有机会 |
[30:07] | but you screwed up, buddy. | 但这次是你搞砸了 兄弟 |
[30:10] | And people who screw up can’t act like they didn’t. | 谁搞砸了都不能装作没事 |
[30:12] | They have to act contrite. | 而应该有点悔过表现 |
[30:14] | And just so you know, contrite is not this. | 告诉你一声 悔过可不是你这个样子 |
[30:20] | Okay. This was fun. | 好吧 真有意思 |
[30:23] | Just so you know, | 告诉你吧 |
[30:24] | I was going to leave. | 我本来要走了 |
[30:27] | I had plans to leave. | 我本来计划要走 |
[30:29] | But now you made it worth my while. | 但现在 冲着你我要再待上一阵 |
[30:34] | Nice to meet you. Buddy. | 认识你很高兴 兄弟 |
[30:42] | Do you have a moment? | 有空吗 |
[30:43] | Sure. | 当然 |
[30:45] | Diane has asked me to get your best memory of what happened. | 戴安叫我来帮你好好回忆一下事情经过 |
[30:48] | Sure. Let’s go for it. | 没问题 我们开始吧 |
[30:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:53] | Do you remember what time of day the contract was signed? | 你记得那天是什么时候签订合同的吗 |
[30:56] | After refreshing my memory with my day planner. | 通过我的日程表回忆 |
[30:59] | It was signed at 11:00 A.M. | 是上午11点签的 |
[31:01] | I’m sorry, um, I have to ask you this, | 抱歉 我必须得问你这个 |
[31:03] | but where did you go afterward? | 签完后你去哪里了 |
[31:04] | According to my day planner, I had a function at school. | 根据我的日程表 我在学校有个活动 |
[31:08] | Grace’s school, an assembly. | 格蕾丝的学校 开家长会 |
[31:10] | And before you left, you filed the contract? | 在你离开前 你把合同归档了吗 |
[31:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:13] | Mrs. Huntley and her lawyer | 亨特利夫人及其律师 |
[31:14] | retained two executed copies and we retained one. | 持两份生效副本 我们持一份 |
[31:17] | Which you filed? | 然后你把它归档了? |
[31:19] | Yes. In the active drawer. | 是的 放在抽屉里 |
[31:21] | And you made the photocopy or did a paralegal? | 是你做的影印本还是助理做的 |
[31:24] | I did. And I personally filed it in the archive. | 我做的 而且我亲自放到了卷宗里 |
[31:26] | And the rider was separate? | 那附加条款是单独放的吗 |
[31:35] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[31:38] | Do you remember having to attach the rider to the contract? | 你是否记得将附加条款跟合同钉在一起了 |
[31:43] | No. | 不 |
[31:44] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得吗 |
[31:47] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[31:49] | Do you remember signing the rider, also? | 那你是否记得签署附加条款呢 |
[31:51] | You had to sign it to act as a witness to her signature. | 你得签署附加条款作为对她签名的见证 |
[31:57] | I’m gonna write that down as a “Yes.” | 这个回答我就写”是”了 |
[31:59] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[32:00] | – I’m gonna write that down as a “Yes.” – No. | -这个回答我就写”是”了 -不 |
[32:02] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[32:03] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[32:07] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[32:09] | We found the rider. | 我们找到附加条款了 |
[32:13] | Where? Oh. | 在哪里 天啊 |
[32:14] | Cary’s files. | 在凯里的卷宗里 |
[32:16] | They had been moved into storage when we did the expansion. | 律所扩展时把文件搬到储藏室了 |
[32:18] | We found a hard copy. | 我们找到一张复印件 |
[32:25] | We have it. | 我们有附加条款 |
[32:26] | We’re good, we’re good. | 我们没事了 我们没事了 |
[32:29] | We’re okay. | 我们安全了 |
[32:30] | You must’ve been killing yourself. | 你一定吓坏了 |
[32:32] | Yes. Thanks. | 是的 谢谢 |
[32:34] | So I’ll get on the phone with Mr. Preston. | 那我打电话告诉普雷斯顿先生 |
[32:35] | Why should we delay the good news from him? | 这好消息可得赶紧告诉他 |
[32:38] | Oh, there it is. | 就是这个 |
[32:39] | The rider, April Huntley’s signature, | 附加条款 艾波·亨特利的签名 |
[32:42] | and there’s your confirming signature. | 这里是你的确认签名 |
[32:48] | Well, David, we dodged the bullet. | 大卫 我们逃过一劫 |
[32:51] | Yes, we did. | 没错 |
[32:53] | Oh, I can’t wait to see his face. | 我真想看他什么反应 |
[33:17] | But… you’re not sure? | 但是 你不确定是吗 |
[33:20] | Am I sure that this rider is something David Lee slipped to me to sign? | 我是否确定附加条款是他偷偷让我签的? |
[33:26] | No. | 不确定 |
[33:28] | I just… | 我只是… |
[33:31] | I think there were six pages in my children’s | 我记得 孩子的信托合同 |
[33:34] | trust that I signed, and now there are five. | 我签了6页 现在只有5页 |
[33:36] | But you’re not certain? | 但你不确定 |
[33:39] | 100% certain? | 百分之百确定吗 |
[33:41] | No. | 不 |
[33:43] | Then I think you have to commit to your best memory of events. | 那我认为你要以最佳记忆为准 |
[33:47] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[33:49] | You remember seeing this rider being signed two years ago? | 你记得两年前看见签署这个附加条款? |
[33:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:53] | – You’re sure of that? – Yes. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[33:54] | And you’re not sure whether this rider page is different? | 但你不确定这份附加条款是否是伪造的? |
[33:58] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[34:00] | Testimony is about your best memory. | 证词是你的最佳记忆 |
[34:02] | You go with your best memory. | 最佳记忆才算数 |
[34:04] | What if it’s wrong? | 如果错了呢 |
[34:06] | Testimony isn’t about right or wrong, Alicia. | 证词不关乎对错 艾丽西娅 |
[34:08] | It’s about the facts as established by your best memory of events. | 而只关乎于你根据最佳记忆构筑起的事实 |
[34:12] | Your memory is this. | 你的记忆如此 |
[34:14] | You saw the rider being signed. | 看见附件签署过 |
[34:16] | Then that’s the fact. | 那这就是事实 |
[34:17] | It’s not up to me to do my opponent’s job for him. | 我没义务帮我的对手找问题 |
[34:20] | It’s up to Mr. Preston to poke holes in your testimony. | 而要由普雷斯顿先生找你证词的漏洞 |
[34:23] | You do not poke holes in your own. | 你不要给他暴露出漏洞 |
[34:26] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[34:28] | I do. | 明白 |
[34:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:41] | Okay, now, point this down and don’t run. | 好了 把这个给他 别乱跑 |
[34:43] | Okay? He’s right over there. | 好吗 他就在那里 |
[34:51] | I heard this play was really good. | 听说这个演出很不错 |
[34:53] | I like anything with bears. | 跟熊熊有关的我都喜欢 |
[34:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:57] | You’re Wendy Scott-Carr? | 你是温迪·斯科特-卡尔吗 |
[34:59] | I am. | 我是 |
[35:00] | – Do you work at the state’s attorney’s office? – No. | -你在州检察官办公室工作? -不 |
[35:03] | No. I’m a lawyer representing Will Gardner. | 不 我是威尔·加德纳的律师 |
[35:06] | Elsbeth Tascioni. | 埃尔斯贝特·塔肖尼 |
[35:08] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[35:09] | He hired a lawyer? | 他雇了个律师? |
[35:11] | What? Yes. | 什么 是的 |
[35:13] | Although, um, we haven’t worked out all the details yet. | 尽管 我们还没搞定所有细节 |
[35:16] | But I know that you met with my client, | 不过我知道你见过我的委托人 |
[35:19] | and I don’t think you should | 我认为你不应该 |
[35:21] | do that again without me being there, okay? | 在我不在场时再见他 好吗 |
[35:23] | – If that’s what you’d like. – It is. If you don’t mind? | -如果你希望这样 没问题 -是的 如果你不介意 |
[35:25] | Wow. Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[35:27] | Oh, he even put your names in it. | 他还写下了你的名字 |
[35:29] | Why don’t you go see | 你为什么不去看看 |
[35:30] | if you can get one from the lion, too, okay? | 能不能从狮子那里也拿一个呢 好吗 |
[35:32] | Oh! Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[35:33] | Say “Hi” for me. | 代我问个好 |
[35:35] | Your client bribed several judges, Ms. Tascioni. | 你的委托人贿赂了几位法官 塔肖尼女士 |
[35:37] | Yes, well, funny you should bring that up. | 是 你提起这个还真巧呢 |
[35:39] | A reporter called me today from the Chicago Tribune. | 芝加哥论坛报的记者今天打电话给我 |
[35:43] | Very nice man. | 很不错的一个人 |
[35:44] | And, um, he asked me about these three judges | 问我关于加德纳先生 |
[35:47] | that Mr. Gardner supposedly bribed… | 可能贿赂的三位法官 |
[35:49] | I didn’t say anything to the press. | 我跟媒体什么都没说 |
[35:50] | No, I know. I didn’t think you did. | 不 我知道 我也认为你没说 |
[35:52] | Anyway, he asked me | 总之 他问我 |
[35:54] | if they were in fact Howard, Spinelli and Kotter. | 是不是霍华德 斯比内利和考特 |
[35:58] | And I said I didn’t know. | 我说不知道 |
[35:59] | I’m not investigating them. | 我没调查他们 |
[36:00] | I know, I thought probably not. | 我知道 我也觉得不太可能 |
[36:02] | Because, as I said to this reporter, | 因为 就像我跟记者说的 |
[36:04] | those are three of the most honest | 那是三位最受尊敬 |
[36:06] | and beloved judges on the bench, and, you know, | 和爱戴的法官 还有 你知道的 |
[36:08] | that would put you in a very difficult position | 如果那些法官都很生你的气 |
[36:11] | at the courthouse, with all those judges very angry… | 会让你在法院很… |
[36:16] | – at you. – You leaked those names? | -难堪的 -你透露了那些名字? |
[36:19] | I can bring obstruction of justice charges | 我现在就能以妨碍司法公正 |
[36:21] | against you right now. | 起诉你 |
[36:23] | Yes, unfortunately, you’ll need a judge | 是 不幸的是 你需要一名法官 |
[36:25] | to sanction any such charge, and I think you’ll find | 认可这样的指控 我想你会发现 |
[36:28] | those judges in an uncooperative mood right now. | 那些法官现在很不愿配合你 |
[36:32] | Here we are. | 孩子回来了 |
[36:34] | Your client better get ready for an indictment. | 你的委托人就准备接起诉书吧 |
[36:37] | Um, no, he doesn’t need to be ready, | 不 他不需要准备 |
[36:38] | because you know, I am. | 因为 是我准备 |
[36:40] | Then I’m sure we’ll meet again. | 那我肯定我们会再见的 |
[36:41] | Oh, I can’t wait. | 真是迫不及待啊 |
[36:44] | This is absurd. | 这真荒谬 |
[36:46] | – Pardon? – Do you expect me to believe | -什么 -你指望我相信 |
[36:48] | this critical document surfaced at precisely the right time? | 这份关键的文件恰好这时候冒出来? |
[36:51] | What are you suggesting? | 你想说什么 |
[36:52] | – That it’s a forgery? – I am. | -说这是伪造的吗 -是的 |
[36:53] | Then I’m offended. | 我感到很受冒犯 |
[36:55] | Then we’d like to re-depose the parties involved | 那么我们要向当事人重新取证 |
[36:58] | to vouch for the document’s legitimacy. | 以保证文件的合法性 |
[37:01] | And another first-year associate | 还有一个第一年工作 |
[37:03] | who worked on the divorce we’ve yet to depose– | 参与这件离婚案的律师尚未作证 |
[37:05] | Cary Agos. | 凯里·艾格斯 |
[37:08] | Certainly. | 没问题 |
[37:10] | Why don’t we arrange a time tomorrow? | 约个时间明天见吧 |
[37:31] | – Working late? – No. | -加班? -不是 |
[37:34] | – You’re not? – Nope. | -不是吗 -不是 |
[37:36] | Well, then, what are you doing here? | 那么 你在这里干什么 |
[37:37] | There’s something I thought might help you with your, um… summons. | 有个东西我觉得能帮到你传票的事 |
[37:43] | My summons? | 我的传票? |
[37:44] | Yes, your lawsuit. | 是的 你的诉讼 |
[37:46] | Mr. Huntley had to sign off | 亨特利先生必须先签字 |
[37:48] | – on the summons before I delivered them. – Yes? | -我才能去送这些传票 -然后呢 |
[37:50] | And he wasn’t at his wife’s apartment. | 可他却不在他妻子的公寓 |
[37:53] | Really? | 真的? |
[38:03] | Do you recognize this document? | 认得这份文件吗 |
[38:09] | No. | 不 |
[38:11] | – You’ve never seen it before? – No. | -之前从没见过吗 -没见过 |
[38:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:15] | You worked on this divorce case alongside Alicia Florrick | 你当初在艾丽西娅·福瑞克的协助 |
[38:19] | and under the supervision of David Lee? | 与大卫·李的指导下 办理的这个离婚案? |
[38:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:23] | So, you were in a perfect position to see such a document? | 所以这种文件如果存在 你应该看到过才对 |
[38:26] | Not necessarily. | 这倒未必 |
[38:31] | But you worked closely on this case? | 但你对此案接触很深 |
[38:32] | Yes, but that doesn’t mean anything. | 是 但这不能说明什么问题 |
[38:35] | It’s been two years. | 两年前的事了 |
[38:36] | I couldn’t tell you a single document that’s in that file, to be honest. | 坦白讲 档案里的每一份文件我都无法确认 |
[38:40] | Do you have any idea how a document | 你是否知道 |
[38:42] | signed by Alicia Florrick got into your files in the first place? | 一份艾丽西娅签署的文件 如何会跑到你的卷宗里 |
[38:46] | Sure. We shared an assistant. | 当然 我们共用一个助手 |
[38:47] | Things got mixed up sometimes. | 有时候会把事情弄混淆 |
[38:53] | – You were fired from this firm, is that right? – Yes. | -你当初被这所律所解雇了 是吗 -是的 |
[38:57] | So your testimony may be influenced | 所以你的证词可能会受到 |
[39:00] | by the fact that you want your job back? | 你想重返律所工作的愿望的影响? |
[39:05] | I can see that you got a yarn you want to spin, | 我知道你想把故事编成什么样 |
[39:07] | Mr. Preston, so let me just go ahead and lay this out clearly for you. | 普雷斯顿先生 那我就先给你打开天窗说亮话 |
[39:10] | I have absolutely no reason | 我没有任何理由 |
[39:11] | to believe that document is a forgery. | 相信这份文件是伪造的 |
[39:14] | I knew Mrs. Florrick and Mr. Lee to be outstanding, | 在此律所供职期间 我认识到福瑞克夫人 |
[39:16] | competent and ethical attorneys throughout my time at the firm. | 和李先生 都是杰出能干且富有道德的律师 |
[39:19] | And as for me, | 至于我 |
[39:20] | I have no vested interest in the outcome of this case. | 我对此案的结果没有任何既得利益 |
[39:22] | I don’t work here, and I don’t intend to. | 我已不在此工作 也没有意向重返此律所 |
[39:26] | Any additional questions? | 还有其它问题吗 |
[39:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:35] | You’re welcome. | 客气了 |
[39:38] | I… I don’t get it. | 我 我不明白 |
[39:44] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[39:48] | Things change. | 世事无常 |
[39:53] | They do. | 确实如此 |
[39:59] | I like working with your husband. | 和你丈夫共事我很愉快 |
[40:01] | He likes working with you. | 他也喜欢与你共事 |
[40:07] | Given that you’ve been unable to establish | 鉴于你们无法证明 |
[40:10] | the waiver is anything but perfectly legitimate | 这份弃权协议有任何不合法之处 |
[40:12] | you are not left with much of a case. | 这官司没什么可打的了 |
[40:14] | We disagree. We intend to obtain a forensic analysis | 我们不同意 我们决定实施对文件墨水的 |
[40:17] | of the ink on the document | 司法鉴定 |
[40:18] | to determine whether it’s actually two years or two days old. | 以确认这字到底是两年前还是两天前签的 |
[40:21] | That’s ambitious. And will run you about $30,000. | 野心不小啊 这大概得花3万美金吧 |
[40:24] | So we would offer that same $30,000 | 那么我们会提供一笔同等金额 |
[40:27] | as a, um, goodwill gesture. | 以示善意 |
[40:29] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[40:30] | Well, then… this is our final offer. | 那么 这是我们的最终报价 |
[40:49] | Okay, those are fake. | 这些是伪造的 |
[40:50] | You’ll probably have to do better than that. | 瞎话得编得再好点 |
[40:52] | They were probably taken when we were split up. | 这八成是我们分开的时候拍的 |
[40:53] | I bought you that shirt last week. | 这衬衣是我上周买给你的 |
[40:55] | Okay, hon, just stay calm. | 亲爱的 镇定 |
[40:56] | You disgusting, shameless piece of… | 你个下流 无耻的… |
[40:58] | Let’s just take a breath… April. | 冷静一下 艾波 |
[41:00] | – April, please. Please. – Please, honey. | -艾波 求你了 -求你了 亲爱的 |
[41:03] | It’s not true, Your Honor. | 这不是真的 法官阁下 |
[41:05] | Yes, there is an investigation, | 是的 确有如是调查 |
[41:07] | but the article as reported is not true. | 但文章报道并不真实 |
[41:10] | His Honor Kotter. | 是考特法官 |
[41:12] | Your Honor, I have a judge on the other line. | 法官阁下 另有法官在给我致电 |
[41:16] | No, no, I’ll-I’ll call you back. | 不 不 我会给你回电的 |
[41:18] | Judge Howard is in the waiting room. | 霍华德法官在等候室 |
[41:22] | We have to take the fight back to her. | 我们得占据对她的主动 |
[41:24] | Back to…? | 对谁 |
[41:29] | We have to indict Will Gardner. | 我们得起诉威尔·加德纳 |
[41:30] | He is a liability, Diane. | 他是个祸害 戴安 |
[41:32] | And, frankly, you’re better off without him. | 坦白说 没有他你会更好 |
[41:33] | Thursday would be just fine for me. | 我觉得周四可以 |
[41:34] | All I really need is two weeks. | 我只需要两周时间 |
[41:35] | Stop it, both of you! | 你俩都打住 |
[41:36] | Stop what? I’m not bluffing. | 打住什么 我可不是虚张声势 |
[41:38] | You work at opposite ends of the building. | 你俩办公室隔得老远 |
[41:40] | You barely see each other. | 基本见不着面 |
[41:41] | It’s not about seeing each other. | 这不是见得着见不着的问题 |
[41:43] | It’s about his methods costing me $1.2 million. | 是他的做事方法要让我付出120万代价的问题 |
[41:45] | If you’d like me to go somewhere else, | 你若是想让我另谋高就 |
[41:47] | Diane, just say the word. | 戴安 就实话实说 |
[41:48] | No, David. | 不 大卫 |
[41:49] | You will stay here because we leave you alone. | 你要留下 因为我们不干涉你 |
[41:51] | Somewhere else will leave me just as alone. | 别处也能不干涉我 |
[41:53] | No, they won’t. | 不 他们不会 |
[41:54] | Not the way we will, and you know it. | 别人不可能像我们这样给你自主权 你明白的 |
[41:56] | – It’s a new economy. – People have to divorce. | -现在是新经济 -离婚的人总是存在 |
[41:58] | This lawsuit cost you. And that is a simple fact. | 这案子给你带来极大负面影响 这点毫无疑问 |
[42:01] | Everybody knows you’re a risk, | 谁都知道你是个危险人物 |
[42:03] | so stop threatening. | 所以别再威胁我了 |
[42:05] | And, Eli, you’re staying | 而伊莱 你也留下 |
[42:07] | because this job is a temporary one for you | 因为这对你来说 只是州长竞选前 |
[42:10] | until the governor’s campaign. | 一份暂时的工作 |
[42:11] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 你敢说我错了吗 |
[42:13] | Good. This is an office of expediency. | 好的 这是你权且栖身的好地方 |
[42:16] | That is its strength. | 这就是它的价值 |
[42:17] | So stop bickering… | 所以停止争吵 |
[42:19] | and stop pretending like you’ll leave. | 也别再摆出要另寻出路的样子 |
[42:21] | I won’t have it. | 我不吃这套 |
[42:26] | I’m going back to work. | 我回去工作了 |
[42:28] | Good. | 很好 |
[42:31] | Eli? | 伊莱 |
[42:50] | You’re back? | 你又来了? |
[42:54] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[42:55] | I’m fine. How are you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[42:58] | Fine. | 很好 |
[42:59] | Well, then, we’re both fine. | 那么 咱俩都很好 |
[43:02] | I have to apologize again. | 再次向你道歉 |
[43:03] | I requested this job | 我特地要了这份活儿 |
[43:06] | so I’d see you again. | 以便再次见到你 |
[43:08] | Why is that? | 怎么了 |
[43:09] | Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生 |
[43:11] | You have been served. | 你的传票 |