时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | …to trial for a crime punishable by imprisonment | 只有大陪审团对他提出初步控诉 |
[00:12] | unless the initial charge has been brought by indictment of a grand jury. | 才可对其可判处监禁的罪行进行审判 |
[00:15] | And that’s where you come in. | 你们的作用就在这里 |
[00:16] | You are 16 citizens who have been given an immense responsibility. | 你们是被赋予了重大责任的16位公民 |
[00:20] | You must decide a man’s fate. | 你们必须要决定一个人的命运 |
[00:22] | My name is Wendy Scott-Carr, | 我叫温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[00:23] | and this is Deputy State’s Attorney Cary Agos | 这是州副检察官凯里·艾格斯 |
[00:25] | and ASA Dana Lodge. | 及助理检察官戴娜·洛奇 |
[00:27] | We are the prosecution. | 我们是检方 |
[00:29] | Unlike a trial, there is no defense. | 与审判不同 这里没有辩方 |
[00:31] | You will only hear our case. | 你们只会听到我方陈述 |
[00:33] | It is up to us to convince you | 将由我们来说服各位 |
[00:35] | that there’s probable cause to bring William Paul Gardner to trial. | 确有正当理由 让威廉·保罗·加德纳接受审判 |
[00:44] | Sorry. Thanks for waiting. | 不好意思 让你久等了 |
[00:49] | Is everything all right? | 一切还好吗 |
[00:50] | Uh, no. I wanted to talk to you | 很糟 在向权益合伙人与其他律师宣布前 |
[00:53] | before I broke this to the equity partners and associates. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[00:56] | Is this about Will? | 是关于威尔的吗 |
[00:58] | Yes. A grand jury has been impaneled, | 对 大陪审团成员已经选定 |
[01:00] | and our expectation is he will be indicted within the next two days. | 我们预计他会在接下来两天内被起诉 |
[01:05] | I… | 我 |
[01:07] | What’s the charge? | 罪名是什么呢 |
[01:08] | Judicial bribery. | 司法贿赂 |
[01:09] | Of course, it’s not true. | 当然 这是子虚乌有 |
[01:10] | But the, uh… | 但是… |
[01:13] | the State’s Attorney | 州检察官认为 |
[01:14] | believes that Will arranged bets between judges | 威尔在他每周三晚的篮球时间 |
[01:17] | and bookies at his Wednesday night basketball game. | 为法官和庄家安排赌局 |
[01:19] | I… | 我 |
[01:20] | – I-I didn’t know it was that serious. – It is. | -我没意识到如此严重 -确实严重 |
[01:23] | Felony bribery– three to seven years. | 贿赂重罪 可以判刑3到7年 |
[01:26] | I’m sorry, I really should go. | 不好意思 我该走了 |
[01:29] | Is it Wendy Scott-Carr or Peter? | 是温迪·斯科特-卡尔的意思还是彼得? |
[01:32] | Uh, both, I should think. | 两人都是 我觉得 |
[01:34] | Peter has put Wendy Scott-Carr in charge of the prosecution. | 彼得让温迪·斯科特-卡尔负责起诉 |
[01:39] | What can I do? | 我能帮什么忙吗 |
[01:43] | I don’t want you to feel responsible | 我不想你觉得自己有责任 |
[01:45] | or obligated to do anything. | 或者有义务去做任何事情 |
[01:47] | I mean, “Responsible” is the wrong word. | “责任”一词有些不妥 |
[01:50] | We’ve never considered you an… | 我们从未利用过 |
[01:52] | extension of the State’s Attorney’s Office, | 你与州检察官办公室的关系 |
[01:54] | and you’ve never acted like one. So… | 你也从未这么做过 所以 |
[01:57] | again, I leave it to you. | 这一次 仍由你自行决定 |
[02:08] | Oh, Alicia, hi. | 艾丽西娅 |
[02:09] | Would you like me to help Mr. Gold today? | 今天你要我帮戈德先生的忙吗 |
[02:11] | – Yes. – Is there anything that you need help with? | -是的 -你需要什么帮助吗 |
[02:14] | Nope. | 不需要 |
[02:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:41] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[02:42] | I just…I have to rush off. | 我是来… 我有事得赶紧走 |
[02:45] | What’s wrong? What do you need? | 出什么事了 有什么麻烦吗 |
[02:46] | No, nothing. It’s-it’s about Jackie, | 没事 是杰姬的事 |
[02:47] | but we can talk about it later. | 不过我们可以稍后再谈 |
[02:49] | Oh, well, 8:00 tonight? | 好吧 今晚8点如何 |
[02:50] | Sure. Great. | 可以 好吧 |
[02:52] | ‘Kay. | 好的 |
[03:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:12] | No. Why? I am. | 不 为什么 应该是我抱歉 |
[03:14] | I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want this to become… | 我没告诉你 是因为我不想这事变得… |
[03:16] | You do not need to explain. | 你不用解释 |
[03:17] | This is legal. It’s not personal. | 这是法律事务 不是私事 |
[03:19] | If I told you, it would become per… | 如果我告诉你 就会变成私… |
[03:20] | Will, I’m a lawyer. | 威尔 我是名律师 |
[03:23] | I’m a third-year associate in your firm. | 我是你律所里的一名三年级律师 |
[03:27] | So use me. | 所以把我用上吧 |
[03:30] | Ms. Tascioni, | 塔肖尼女士 |
[03:31] | – Hello. – Hello again. | -你好 -又见面了 |
[03:33] | We seem to meet under a lot of circumstances like these. | 我们似乎总在这类场合碰面 |
[03:35] | We do. | 是啊 |
[03:36] | I want to help. | 我想帮点忙 |
[03:38] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[03:40] | With what? | 怎么帮 |
[03:41] | With what I know about the State’s Attorney. | 凭我对州检察官的了解 |
[03:44] | I was hired as an investigator by the State’s Attorney’s Office. | 我当时是州检办聘用的一名调查员 |
[03:47] | And in this capacity, | 在职期间 |
[03:49] | did you come to review Mr. Gardner’s cases? | 你是否审查了加德纳先生的案件 |
[03:51] | I did. And… | 是的 |
[03:52] | I was surprised by how many cases, both civil and criminal, | 我很吃惊 他在民事和刑事案件中 |
[03:54] | in which he achieved a successful verdict. | 胜诉的情况都很多 |
[03:57] | Could you elaborate? | 能否详细说明 |
[03:57] | On average, you would expect a 60% win rate as a ceiling. | 平均来说 胜率一般最高能达到60% |
[04:01] | And what did you find with Mr. Gardner’s cases? | 那么加德纳先生的胜率是多少呢 |
[04:04] | He had 75% wins. | 他的胜率是75% |
[04:06] | Did you find anything suspicious | 你是否发现事有可疑 |
[04:09] | with regards to which judges | 有几位法官对加德纳先生 |
[04:11] | decided favorably for Mr. Gardner? | 总做出有利判决 |
[04:13] | Yeah. Three judges decided favorably for Mr. Gardner 95% of the time. | 是 有三位法官 偏向加德纳的案件达95% |
[04:18] | They were Judge Winter, Judge Dunaway and Parks. | 他们是温特 达纳韦 帕克斯 |
[04:20] | And what else did you discover about these three judges? | 关于这三位法官 你还发现别的疑点吗 |
[04:23] | They all played regularly in a pickup basketball game | 他们都长期参加由加德纳组织的 |
[04:26] | on Wednesday nights, run by Will Gardner. | 周三晚间的篮球活动 |
[04:29] | Thank you, Mr. Wiley. | 谢谢你 怀利先生 |
[04:33] | Okay, so the strategy is this. | 好 我们的策略是这样的 |
[04:36] | Hello, Ms. Lockhart. | 你好 洛克哈特女士 |
[04:37] | – Hello. – You’re, uh, you’re up next. | -你好 -下一个就是你了 |
[04:38] | – I know. Thank you. – How did the partners take it? | -我知道 谢谢 -合伙人都什么反应 |
[04:41] | They were concerned. | 他们都挺担忧 |
[04:42] | We’ll work the phones this afternoon to hand-hold clients. | 今天下午我们会打电话安抚客户 |
[04:45] | How are things here? | 这边进展得怎么样了 |
[04:45] | Uh, we were just… going over strategy. | 我们在谈应对策略 |
[04:48] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[04:49] | You can join us. | 你可以加入 |
[04:51] | – Yes. – Okay, so here’s the thing. | -来吧 -好 是这样的 |
[04:54] | Grand juries indict; that’s what they do, | 大陪审团总是选择起诉 他们就是这样 |
[04:56] | hamburgers and all. | 连汉堡都能起诉 |
[04:57] | Ham sandwiches. | 是火腿三明治 |
[04:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:00] | So, you’re gonna get indicted, unless– | 你将会被起诉 除非 |
[05:02] | I like that pen. | 我喜欢你的笔 |
[05:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:04] | Unless someone pulls the plug. | 除非有人下令停止 |
[05:07] | Someone higher. | 级别更高的人 |
[05:08] | The State’s Attorney. | 州检察官 |
[05:08] | Yes. You have an audience of one in there, Ms. Lockhart. | 对 洛克哈特女士 里面你的听众只有一个 |
[05:11] | – Who? – Cary Agos. | -谁 -凯里·艾格斯 |
[05:13] | He defers to the State’s Attorney. | 他听命于州检察官 |
[05:15] | Wendy Scott-Carr does not. | 温迪·斯科特-卡尔却不用 |
[05:17] | She’s… | 她是… |
[05:21] | No, that’s right; she’s her own person. | 没错 她听命于自己 |
[05:23] | So you need to keep bringing the testimony back to Peter Florrick. | 所以你要一直把证词引到彼得·福瑞克身上 |
[05:27] | That’ll get Cary talking to Peter. | 那样的话 凯里将会向彼得反映 |
[05:28] | That’s right. If you want to stop this | 是的 如果你想要在大陪审团阶段 |
[05:30] | at the grand jury stage, | 就把这事结束的话 |
[05:31] | you need to get the State’s Attorney to stop it, | 你就需要让州检察官下令停止 |
[05:33] | and he’ll only stop it if it looks like it’ll hurt him. | 唯一办法就是让他觉得 不停止对他有害 |
[05:36] | – You see? – Yes. Good. | -明白了吗 -是的 很好 |
[05:38] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[05:39] | – Hello, Eli. – Hello, Alicia. | -伊莱 你好 -艾丽西娅 你好 |
[05:42] | Would you like to guess what’s wrong with this picture? | 你猜猜 我这儿现在有什么问题 |
[05:44] | I’m not there? | 我不在? |
[05:45] | Yes. I ask for Alicia; | 是的 我要求的是让你过来 |
[05:47] | I get Alicia lite. | 却来了个艾丽西娅的简化版 |
[05:50] | This is GLAC, Alicia, GLAC– | 艾丽西娅 这可是”GLAC”啊 |
[05:51] | the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Chicago. | “芝加哥同性恋联盟” |
[05:53] | They need someone to campaign | 他们需要有人发起运动 |
[05:54] | against the Defense of Marriage Act. | 反对《婚姻保护法案》 |
[05:55] | I needed you. | 我需要的是你 |
[05:56] | – Why me? – Because you… | -为什么是我 -因为你 |
[06:00] | Because you’re a gay icon. | 因为你是同性恋者的偶像 |
[06:03] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[06:03] | I didn’t decide it. | 不是我定的 |
[06:04] | Where are you getting this? | 你从哪里听来的说法 |
[06:06] | The gay blogosphere. | 同性恋博客圈 |
[06:07] | – You’re one of those spurned wives. – Oh, dear Lord. | -你被丈夫冷落 -天呐 |
[06:09] | Your suffering has made you iconic. | 你受的痛苦让你成为偶像 |
[06:11] | They have a lot of money to fight DOMA. | 他们反对法案的运作资金很充足 |
[06:13] | This means a lot of money. | 这意味着给我的回报非常丰厚 |
[06:14] | Eli, as much as it would gratify me | 伊莱 虽然我很想去 |
[06:16] | to sit beside you signing autographs, | 坐在你旁边给粉丝签名 |
[06:18] | you are the one they want | 你才是他们需要的人 |
[06:19] | you don’t need window-dressing. | 你不需要我来装门面 |
[06:19] | Oh, yes, Alicia, give me a pep talk. | 好啊 你就给我鼓气吧 |
[06:21] | Caitlin is capable. She’s smart. | 凯特琳能胜任 她很聪明 |
[06:23] | She’s studious. She’s David Lee’s niece, | 她很用功 她是大卫·李的侄女 |
[06:25] | and that means something to Spencer Roth. | 这对斯宾塞·罗思 会起到一些作用 |
[06:27] | She’s what? | 她是谁 |
[06:28] | David Lee’s niece | 大卫·李的侄女 |
[06:29] | David Lee’s niece. The divorce attorney? | 大卫·李的侄女 离婚律师吗 |
[06:31] | Yeah, family law. Why? | 是的 家庭法律部 怎么了 |
[06:33] | I’ll be waiting by the phone! | 我等你电话 |
[06:35] | You and I need to talk, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 我们要谈谈 |
[06:36] | Don’t make me wait. Don’t you dare. It’ll get ugly. | 不要让我久等 否则我可要你好看啊 |
[06:40] | Eli! | 伊莱 |
[06:42] | Stacie. | 史黛西 |
[06:43] | – It’s so good to see you! – And you. | -真高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[06:46] | We’re up for all the same jobs, aren’t we? | 我们总之争一样的工作 不是吗 |
[06:48] | We should be friends. | 我们应该当朋友 |
[06:49] | We shouldn’t be enemies. | 我们不应该当敌人 |
[06:50] | The best of friends. | 最好的朋友 |
[06:51] | So, the Defense of Marriage Act, | 婚姻保护法案这事 |
[06:54] | what’s your pitch on that? | 你的口号是什么 |
[06:55] | It’s wrong. | “它是错的” |
[06:58] | I want to learn from you, Eli. | 伊莱 我要向你学习 |
[07:00] | There’s so much I can learn. | 从你身上可以学到很多东西 |
[07:02] | I want to have lunch. | 我们一起吃中饭吧 |
[07:04] | – Let’s do. – No. | -一言为定 -不 |
[07:05] | Not lunch. Drinks. | 不吃中饭 一起喝酒 |
[07:07] | Hot drinks. | 热饮 |
[07:09] | There are these drinks– mulled wine with brandy. | 有一类饮料 香料热饮酒加白兰地 |
[07:13] | They’re amazing. | 好喝极了 |
[07:14] | – Sounds good. – I’m gonna call you. | -听起来很不错 -到时打电话给你 |
[07:20] | Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Chicago. | 芝加哥同性恋联盟 |
[07:22] | How may I connect you? | 请问你要联系什么人 |
[07:23] | Hello. This is Stacie Hall’s assistant. | 你好 我是史黛西·豪尔的助手 |
[07:25] | I’m having trouble texting her. | 我无法给她发短信 |
[07:26] | Could you get her an immediate message? | 你可以给她发个即时信息吗 |
[07:27] | I know she’s in a meeting with Spencer Roth. | 我知道她正在见斯宾塞·罗思 |
[07:29] | Sure. What is it? | 当然 信息内容是什么 |
[07:30] | Could you tell her that her 11:00 meeting with Rush | 内容是 她原定11点钟和拉什的会面 |
[07:33] | has moved to noon. | 改到了中午 |
[07:34] | – With Rush? – Yes. Limbaugh. | -与拉什吗 -是的 拉什·林堡 |
[07:36] | Do you want me to spell that for you? | 需要我告诉你是哪几个字吗 |
[07:37] | No, I think I’ve got it. | 不用了 我知道了 |
[07:39] | You and Mr. Gardner have known each other for… | 你与加德纳先生相识已经有… |
[07:43] | – how many years? – Eight years. | -多少年了 -八年 |
[07:44] | – And you were originally partners in opposing firms? – Yes. | -你们原本在相互竞争的律所当合伙人? -是 |
[07:48] | And you knew about | 那你知道 |
[07:49] | his troubles at his first Baltimore firm? | 他在巴尔的摩事务所里的问题吗 |
[07:52] | I’ll need more clarity | 要回答这个问题 |
[07:53] | – in order to answer that question. – My apologies. | -你需要再明确一点 -是我疏忽了 |
[07:56] | You knew that he took $45,000 | 你是否知道他从某当事人的户头里 |
[07:59] | from a client’s account to pay off a gambling debt? | 拿出4.5万 来偿还他的赌债 |
[08:02] | All I knew is what I heard from you | 我所知道的 就是你在我办公室里 |
[08:04] | when you questioned me in my office, Ms. Scott-Carr, | 询问我时透露给我的 斯科特-卡尔女士 |
[08:08] | and that Peter Florrick, | 而州检察官 |
[08:09] | the State’s Attorney, doesn’t feel there’s enough | 彼得·福瑞克认为 |
[08:11] | evidence there to prosecute him. | 没有足够证据提出起诉 |
[08:13] | I can understand your defensiveness. | 我可以理解你试图辩护 |
[08:15] | Really? I didn’t think I was being defensive, | 我有吗 我并不认为我是在辩护 |
[08:17] | I thought I was being clear. | 我只是在阐明事实 |
[08:18] | Then let’s continue to be clear. | 那就继续讨论事实吧 |
[08:22] | Have you ever been to one of Mr. Gardner’s pickup games? | 你去过加德纳先生的篮球赛吗 |
[08:25] | – No. – Why not? | -没有 -为什么 |
[08:26] | I don’t play basketball. | 我不会打篮球 |
[08:28] | Has he asked you to go? | 他邀请过你吗 |
[08:31] | Uh, yes. | 邀请过 |
[08:32] | And why did he ask you to go | 你都不会打篮球 |
[08:34] | if you didn’t play basketball? | 他为何还请你去呢 |
[08:35] | He said it was a good place, | 他说这是与重要法官 |
[08:37] | to meet judges and prosecutors who matter. | 和公诉人相识的好机会 |
[08:40] | For example, Peter Florrick, | 比如 彼得·福瑞克 |
[08:42] | the current State’s Attorney, often participated in the pickup games. | 即现任州检察官 曾多次参加篮球赛 |
[08:49] | But you decided not to go to these games. | 但你最后还是没有去 |
[08:53] | Now, wasn’t that because you thought there was something | 是不是因为你认为在他们的交往中 |
[08:56] | corrupt about these relationships? | 有腐败行为呢 |
[08:59] | No. Oddly, it was because | 不是 很奇怪的 |
[09:00] | I didn’t play basketball. | 原因是我不打篮球 |
[09:02] | I don’t think there’s anything wrong | 我认为法官与律师通过体育运动 |
[09:04] | for judges and lawyers to unwind over sports. | 放松一下 没有什么问题 |
[09:06] | And my guess is that the current State’s Attorney | 我猜现任州检察官 |
[09:09] | doesn’t think so either, or he wouldn’t participate. | 也认同我的看法 不然他就不会参加 |
[09:11] | – What’s she doing? – Tying Peter to it. | -她是在干什么 -把彼得扯进来 |
[09:13] | Let’s talk about one particular lawsuit– | 让我们谈谈一宗案子吧 |
[09:15] | the McDermott case. | 麦克德莫特案 |
[09:19] | Now, this was a lawsuit brought by a family | 这起官司的原告是一对家长 |
[09:21] | whose child died from eating food tainted with peanut oil. | 他们的孩子因食用混有花生油的食物而身亡 |
[09:25] | – Yes. – And this was a client | -是的 -而这个客户 |
[09:28] | – you brought into the firm. – Yes. | -是你带来的 -是的 |
[09:30] | But Will Gardner requested to take it over from you. | 威尔·加德纳要求由他来接手 |
[09:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:35] | He thought he would be better. | 他认为他更合适 |
[09:36] | But it was only after a change of courts, | 但这是发生在换庭之后 |
[09:39] | after Judge Parks had taken over the case, | 即帕克斯法官接手了本案 |
[09:43] | that Will requested this switch? | 威尔才提出了这个要求? |
[09:48] | Take your time, Ms. Lockhart. | 慢慢想 洛克哈特女士 |
[09:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:51] | And didn’t you explain this switch to your associates | 你向贵所律师解释调动的原因 |
[09:54] | as being due to the fact that | 是否是 |
[09:56] | Mr. Gardner had a better relationship with Judge Parks? | 加德纳先生与帕克斯法官有更好的私交? |
[10:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:09] | How did it go? | 怎么样 |
[10:10] | Will, do you have a moment? | 威尔 能借一步说话吗 |
[10:15] | Why did we win the McDermott case? | 麦克德莫特那个案子是怎么赢的 |
[10:17] | They asked you about the McDermott case? | 他们问麦克德莫特案了? |
[10:19] | They asked me almost exclusively about the McDermott case. | 他们基本上就只问了麦克德莫特案 |
[10:23] | Why did we win it? | 我们怎么赢的 |
[10:24] | It was a good case. | 案子本身就好赢 |
[10:25] | No, it wasn’t. | 不 并不好赢 |
[10:27] | We argued it well. | 我们辩论得好 |
[10:28] | You argued it well. | 是你辩论得好 |
[10:29] | I wasn’t there. | 我没有参与 |
[10:31] | Then I argued it well. | 那就是我辩得好 |
[10:33] | They asked me questions | 他们问的问题 |
[10:34] | about my conversations with the associates. | 是关于我和同事的谈话 |
[10:37] | How would they know that? | 他们怎么知道的 |
[10:41] | You and I should talk. | 我们得谈一谈 |
[10:56] | I don’t want to see Alicia prosecuted either. | 我也不想艾丽西娅被起诉 |
[10:59] | I need more. | 但我要更多 |
[11:00] | The McDermott file doesn’t connect the dots. | 麦克德莫特案还不足够 |
[11:04] | It’s not me. It’s Wendy. | 不是我要 是温迪 |
[11:08] | Give me more, and we’ll tear it up. | 再透露一点 我们就把材料销毁 |
[11:10] | The rider evidence that can hurt Alicia? | 会伤害艾丽西娅的那份附加条款 |
[11:13] | We’ll tear it up. | 我们会销毁掉 |
[11:22] | You got to smile. | 你得微笑才行 |
[11:25] | I got to smile? | 要我微笑 |
[11:27] | Yes, ’cause the grand jury will perceive your attitude as hostile if it’s… | 是的 因为大陪审团会认为你有敌意 如果你… |
[11:33] | hostile. | 有敌意 |
[11:36] | Please? | 麻烦了 |
[11:37] | Since you said “Please.” | 看在你这么恳切的份上 |
[11:44] | So, we were worried about the McDermott case, | 我们曾担心麦克德莫特案 |
[11:47] | and here we are, | 而现在 |
[11:48] | dealing with questions about the McDermott case. | 我们要应付关于麦克德莫特案的问题 |
[11:50] | Yes, we were just discussing that. | 是的 我们正在讨论 |
[11:51] | And their questions would suggest | 他们的问题似乎显示出 |
[11:53] | some deeper familiarity, as if someone were… | 他们对内情有更深入的了解 仿佛是有人… |
[11:57] | talking to them. | 给他们泄密 |
[11:58] | – I’m gonna check into it. – Good. | -我去查 -好的 |
[12:03] | – She’s great. – Yeah. | -她很棒 -没错 |
[12:04] | Please stay on the line | 请不要挂断 |
[12:05] | and your call will be answered… | 您的电话将… |
[12:06] | Mr. Gold? | 戈登先生 |
[12:07] | – Here are your xeroxes. – Oh, good. Thanks. | -这是你要的影印件 -好的 谢谢你 |
[12:10] | And could you get a few things from downstairs? | 你能帮我从楼下拿几样东西上来吗 |
[12:12] | Here’s a list. | 这是清单 |
[12:13] | Um, sure, definitely. | 好的 没问题 |
[12:14] | – I will be right back. – Good. | -我很快就回来 -好的 |
[12:16] | Sooner, the better. | 越快越好 |
[12:17] | – And hello, Alicia. – Hello. | -你好啊 艾丽西娅 -你好 |
[12:19] | Getting close to Caitlin, are we? | 和凯特琳熟悉了吧 |
[12:20] | Yes. She’s a real go-getter. | 没错 她还真是个充满干劲的人啊 |
[12:22] | Not a moment of complaint. | 一点儿也不抱怨 |
[12:24] | She made these copies for you? | 她帮你复印的这些文件吗 |
[12:25] | Yup. Very important stuff. | 没错 很重要的文件 |
[12:27] | – These are from last year. – Yes. | -这些是去年的 -没错 |
[12:29] | And who knows when I may need them again. | 说不定哪天我就又用上了呢 |
[12:36] | So, who are we acting out against, Eli? David Lee? | 你这是做给谁看呢 大卫·李? |
[12:39] | Me? The concept of first-year associates? | 我? 抑或是第一年律师就该如此? |
[12:42] | Might there be a simpler explanation? | 有更简单的解释吗 |
[12:44] | I need someone to free me up so I can… work. | 我需要别人的帮助 让我全心工作 |
[12:47] | There are paralegals for that. | 这应该去找助理来做 |
[12:49] | I like Caitlin. | 我喜欢凯特琳 |
[12:51] | You wanted to talk? | 你是想找我聊聊? |
[12:52] | Yes, about attitudes, and let’s start with yours. | 对 是态度问题 先说说你的吧 |
[13:00] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[13:01] | I outrank you. | 我比你的职位高 |
[13:03] | I am an equity partner, you’re a third-year associate. | 我是权益合伙人 而你是三年级律师 |
[13:05] | And I feel– | 而我觉得 |
[13:07] | and yes, you are making me resort to marriage counseling speak– | 没错 你让我说话像做婚姻咨询似的 |
[13:11] | I feel that you’re treating me | 我觉得你对我漠视的态度 |
[13:13] | with the same degree of disregard | 和当年我作你丈夫的竞选经理时 |
[13:14] | as when I was your husband’s campaign strategist, | 没什么两样 |
[13:16] | and I think that is wrong. | 我认为这是不对的 |
[13:17] | Not kill-a-puppy wrong, but wrong, as in incorrect. | 不是原则上的错误 但确实不正确 |
[13:21] | Working off old information. | 该从旧角色里转换出来了 |
[13:22] | And I think we all need | 我认为我们都有必要 |
[13:24] | to reevaluate our working relationship here. | 重新审视我们的工作关系 |
[13:29] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[13:31] | What do you need? | 需要我做什么 |
[13:35] | I need you to help me with my pitch. | 我需要你帮我想口号 |
[13:37] | Spencer Roth has asked us in | 斯宾塞·罗思邀请我们周三 |
[13:38] | to pitch to all of GLAC on Wednesday. | 向所有GLAC的成员做宣讲 |
[13:41] | Okay. Let’s get going. | 好的 那我们就行动起来吧 |
[13:45] | No. | 不 |
[13:45] | I’m sorry. I think I interrupted you. | 不好意思 我觉得是我打断了你 |
[13:47] | You said in an interview in Chicago magazine, | 在芝加哥杂志的一次采访中 |
[13:50] | quote, “What I love about Will Gardner is he is as sneaky | 你的原话是”我喜欢威尔·加德纳 |
[13:53] | as I am,” End quote. | 是因为他和我一样狡猾” |
[13:55] | Do you still believe that? | 你还记得吗 |
[13:56] | I think I meant “Sneakily charming.” | 我想我的意思是”狡猾的魅力” |
[14:00] | So, that’s why the next line reads: | 所以 你接下来一句是 |
[14:02] | “The sneaky thing is to cross that ethical line | “所谓狡猾 即越过道德的边界 |
[14:06] | and not lose track of your client.” | 且随时掌握客户动向” |
[14:07] | Is that what you meant? | 这是你的意思吗 |
[14:10] | Uh… something like that. | 差不多就是这个意思吧 |
[14:12] | You did contract work for Judge Parks, didn’t you? | 你为帕克斯法官起草过合同 对吗 |
[14:15] | – I did. – His wife was ill, | -没错 -他妻子病了 |
[14:16] | and you helped him with the will and his children’s trust? | 你帮他起草了遗嘱和孩子的信托? |
[14:18] | If by “Helped” You mean he paid me, yes. | 如果你所说的帮助是他付了钱的业务 没错 |
[14:21] | But he paid you less than what was usual for this type of work? | 但他付的比一般同类型业务的价格低? |
[14:24] | No, he paid what was fair, | 不 他付的价格很合理 |
[14:25] | considering the will and trust | 考虑到他这个遗嘱和信托 |
[14:27] | were simpler than most. | 比一般同类型业务都容易 |
[14:28] | Who brought Judge Parks to you as a client? | 是谁把帕克斯法官的业务介绍给你的呢 |
[14:30] | – Wasn’t it Will Gardner? – That’s probably right. | -是威尔·加德纳吗 -对吧 |
[14:32] | And wasn’t the work a payoff for Judge Parks | 难道那不是对帕克斯法官 |
[14:34] | deciding the McDermott case for you? | 在麦克德莫特案上帮忙的回报吗 |
[14:36] | It’s an odd payoff, to charge him for work I did. | 他给我们付钱算是我们回报他? 真奇怪 |
[14:39] | Isn’t that a conflict of interest, sir? | 先生 不存在利益冲突吗 |
[14:41] | No more than the trust work I did for Peter Florrick, | 不比我为彼得·福瑞克的信托业务更存在利益冲突 |
[14:44] | the current State’s Attorney. | 也就是现任州检察官 |
[14:45] | Please answer the question, Mr. Lee. | 李先生 请回答问题 |
[14:48] | Oh, I thought I was, ma’am. | 我觉得我回答了呢 女士 |
[14:49] | I’m making an honest comparison | 我是在诚实地拿为你老板彼得·福瑞克 |
[14:51] | to other work I did for your boss, Peter Florrick– | 做的工作来做比较 |
[14:55] | trust work for which I charged even less than Judge Parks. | 我收他的钱比帕克斯法官还低 |
[14:59] | If this is a conflict of interest… isn’t that? | 如果这是利益冲突 那彼得呢 |
[15:07] | That’s how a pro does it. | 专业人士就是这么干的 |
[15:08] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[15:09] | What did they ask? | 他们问了什么 |
[15:10] | You and Judge Parks. | 你和帕克斯法官 |
[15:11] | Everything was you and Judge Parks. | 所有问题都是你和帕克斯法官 |
[15:28] | Daddy’s a balloon. | 爸爸是个气球 |
[15:30] | Where’s the pin? | 别针在哪儿呢 |
[15:39] | Oh, hey, there. I’m sorry. | 你好 不好意思 |
[15:40] | Um, I was wondering if you might know | 请问是否知道 |
[15:42] | where there was a restroom that had a changing table? | 哪儿有带换尿布的桌子的卫生间吗 |
[15:45] | Oh, my goodness, look at that face. | 天啊 看看这小脸蛋儿 |
[15:48] | Yeah, she’s waking up. | 嗯 她要醒了 |
[15:51] | Are you gonna go to the park? | 你想去公园玩吗 |
[15:55] | I have a sweet tooth. | 我爱吃甜食 |
[15:56] | Yeah, I can see that. | 看出来了 |
[15:57] | Does it taste better with whipped cream? | 就着掼打奶油一起吃味道会更好吗 |
[15:59] | Is there anything that doesn’t taste better with whipped cream? | 有什么东西就着掼打奶油吃 味道不会更好呢 |
[16:04] | Tell me when. | 够了就吱一声 |
[16:05] | When. When. | 吱 吱 |
[16:11] | To Eli and Stacie, new friends. | 致伊莱和史黛西 一对新朋友 |
[16:17] | Hmm. It’s very, very sweet. | 真是非常非常甜 |
[16:19] | Mmm, wait till you get to the bottom. | 等你快喝完时会更甜 |
[16:22] | So, Rush Limbaugh, huh? | 那么 拉什·林堡呵? |
[16:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:26] | How do you explain that one? | 你是如何向他们解释的 |
[16:27] | Mm. I was meeting him to argue against DOMA. | 我是要与他见面 对《婚姻保护法案》提出异议 |
[16:29] | Nice. And they believed you? | 太好了 那他们相信吗 |
[16:32] | Oh, I’m convincing when I have to be. | 必要的时候 我总是很有说服力 |
[16:35] | – Mmm. Fish. It burns. – Fish? | -擦 酒好辣 -擦? |
[16:38] | Oh, I’m trying not to swear. | 我在努力不骂脏 |
[16:39] | Everybody swears these days. Have you noticed? | 这年头人人都会骂脏 你注意到了吗 |
[16:42] | Old ladies, young girls. | 老太太 小姑娘 |
[16:44] | Really, everybody. | 真的是所有人 |
[16:45] | I have to tell you something. | 我有事要告诉你 |
[16:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:49] | All right. | 好 |
[16:50] | But I have to steel myself first. | 但我得先壮壮胆 |
[16:55] | I desire you. | 我想要你 |
[16:58] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[17:01] | I desire you, Eli. | 我想要你 伊莱 |
[17:02] | Every part of you. | 想要你的一切 |
[17:04] | Your eyes, | 你的双眸 |
[17:06] | your hair. | 你的发丝 |
[17:07] | I want to take you right now, right here | 我想在此时此刻 |
[17:09] | on the floor of this bar. | 就把你推倒在酒吧的地板上 |
[17:12] | Well, go ahead. | 好啊 来吧 |
[17:12] | – I’m serious. – I know you are. | -我是认真的 -我知道 |
[17:15] | Make the first move. | 先进攻吧 |
[17:17] | Right here. | 就在这里 |
[17:18] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[17:20] | You. | 你先来 |
[17:21] | No, you’re the one who desires me. | 不 你是想要我的那个人 |
[17:24] | I’m pliable. | 我来者不拒 |
[17:27] | So… | 所以… |
[17:30] | ply me. | 征服我吧 |
[17:37] | It’s Sun Tzu, hmm? | 是《孙子兵法》吧 |
[17:39] | Destabilizing your enemy? | 扰乱敌心 |
[17:41] | You know the only problem with Sun Tzu? | 你知道孙子唯一的问题在哪里吗 |
[17:43] | He never fought the Jews. | 他从没和犹太人交过战 |
[17:45] | We’re Masada, baby. | 亲爱的 我们坚守马察达 |
[17:47] | We don’t mess around with mind games. | 不玩心理游戏 |
[17:49] | We use knives. | 只用武力解决 |
[17:50] | You’re Jewish? | 你是犹太人吗 |
[17:55] | You’re a nice girl. | 你挺好的 |
[17:57] | With your sweet little drinks and your giggle, | 喜欢酒里加甜点 爱咯咯傻笑 |
[17:59] | but you’re not playing in the little leagues anymore. | 但你再不能玩这些三脚猫功夫了 |
[18:02] | – Put out your hand. – Why? | -把手伸出来 -为什么 |
[18:04] | Put it out. | 伸出来 |
[18:10] | And this is supposed to what? | 这是要干什么 |
[18:16] | Okay, this is… this is lacking subtlety. | 好吧 这可… 不太含蓄 |
[18:18] | No, tell me about Masada. | 不 和我说说马察达吧 |
[18:22] | 960 dead? | 死了960人吗 |
[18:24] | All those big, strong Jewish warriors? | 都是又高又壮的犹太勇士吗 |
[18:41] | I’ll talk to Jackie. | 我会和杰姬说的 |
[18:43] | Good, thank you. | 好极了 谢谢你 |
[18:45] | I just don’t want things turning sour. | 我只是不想弄得很不愉快 |
[18:47] | They won’t. They won’t. | 不会的 |
[18:48] | How are things here? | 你们过得如何 |
[18:49] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[18:53] | Work is hard, | 工作上有难处 |
[18:54] | of course, because of this grand jury investigation. | 因为大陪审团调查这件事 |
[18:59] | What’s going on, Peter? | 这是怎么回事 彼得 |
[19:04] | I don’t think we can have this conversation. | 我认为我们不该谈这事 |
[19:05] | Actually, we need to have this conversation. | 我们需要谈谈这事 |
[19:08] | It has nothing to do with us. | 这和我们无关 |
[19:09] | Peter, how can it not? | 彼得 怎么可能无关呢 |
[19:10] | Because I won’t let it; | 因为我不会把我们卷进去 |
[19:12] | that’s why I chose Wendy Scott-Carr, | 所以我选了温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[19:13] | so that it wouldn’t. | 这样就不会有关了 |
[19:14] | – She’s making it worse. – No, she isn’t. | -她让事情变得更糟了 -不 她没有 |
[19:16] | She’s not me; I don’t control her. | 她不是我 我不能操控她 |
[19:17] | But that’s the problem, Peter. | 这就是问题所在 彼得 |
[19:19] | It keeps your hands clean at the expense of… | 你撇清关系 却牺牲了… |
[19:27] | At the expense of who? | 却牺牲了谁 |
[19:31] | – Will? – No, my firm. | -威尔? -不 我的律所 |
[19:33] | – And Will. – Yes, my boss. | -还有威尔 -对 我的老板 |
[19:35] | The boss who you’re sleeping with? | 是和你上床的老板吗 |
[19:39] | Peter, if that’s the issue here, | 彼得 如果这就是问题所在 |
[19:40] | then let’s talk about that. | 那我们就谈一下 |
[19:41] | Of course that’s the issue! | 这当然就是问题所在 |
[19:52] | There’s nothing between us. | 我们之间什么都没有 |
[19:59] | My God, you have changed. | 我的天呐 你变了 |
[20:01] | I used to be able to tell when you lied. | 以前你撒谎时 我一眼就能看出来 |
[20:03] | You think I’m lying? | 你觉得我在撒谎吗 |
[20:04] | I think you’re manipulating the truth like a pro. | 我觉得你现在信口雌黄像个老手 |
[20:06] | Well, you would know about pros. | 你最清楚什么叫老手 |
[20:12] | Well, you got me there. | 这我没话说了 |
[20:15] | What do you want, Alicia? | 你想怎样 艾丽西娅 |
[20:17] | I want you to stop this grand jury. | 我希望你停止这次大陪审团听证 |
[20:21] | No. | 不行 |
[20:22] | That’s what I used to do. | 那是我以前的做法 |
[20:23] | Things that worked, but were wrong. | 虽行之有效 却是错的 |
[20:26] | Not doing that anymore. | 我不会再这么做了 |
[20:28] | Peter, your… | 彼得 你的 |
[20:29] | problem wasn’t that you did things that were wrong. | 问题不在于你犯下过失 |
[20:32] | Your problem was that you did things that were wrong against your family. | 而是在于你对家人犯下了过失 |
[20:39] | That may be so, but that has nothing to do with this. | 或许是吧 但与这事无关 |
[20:44] | Will Gardner is not my family. | 威尔·加德纳不是我的家人 |
[20:49] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:59] | – Please state your name for the record? – Robert Parks. | -请报上姓名以便记录在案 -罗伯特·帕克斯 |
[21:02] | I’m a presiding justice in Cook County’s third municipal district. | 我是库克县第三市政区法院的一名主审法官 |
[21:05] | – Thank you, sir. – Your Honor. | -谢谢 先生 -是法官阁下 |
[21:09] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[21:10] | Is it fair to say that you are | 是否可以说您今天是 |
[21:11] | a reluctant witness here today, Your Honor? | 勉强前来作证的 法官阁下 |
[21:13] | It is fair to say that I believe this is a witch hunt. | 可以说 我相信这是一起政治迫害 |
[21:16] | And I think you’re trying to criminalize behavior | 我看你是试图将根本不是犯罪的行为 |
[21:19] | that is far from criminal. | 定性为犯罪 |
[21:20] | And what behavior is that? | 您指的是什么行为呢 |
[21:21] | Friendship and acquaintances between justices and attorneys outside work. | 法官与律师在工作之外的友谊与交情 |
[21:25] | Did the attorney, Will Gardner, ever offer you a bribe, Your Honor? | 律师威尔·加德纳是否曾向您行贿 法官阁下 |
[21:30] | Upon the advice of counsel, I am here today to assert my right | 根据律师的建议 我在此主张 |
[21:33] | under the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination. | 宪法第五修正案所赋予的权利 拒绝自证其罪 |
[21:35] | Did you ever make a illegal bets through Will Gardner | 您是否曾通过威尔·加德纳 |
[21:37] | with the bookie Jonathan Meade? | 参与庄家乔纳森·米德的非法赌博呢 |
[21:41] | Upon the advice of counsel, my answer to this question and all your questions | 根据律师的建议 我对此问题及你所有的问题 |
[21:45] | will be to assert my right under the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination. | 都将主张第五修正案所赋予的权利 拒绝自证其罪 |
[21:49] | I understand, Your Honor. | 我明白了 法官阁下 |
[21:50] | You don’t understand a thing. | 你根本没明白 |
[21:52] | You’re attempting to suggest that | 你明知任何一个被你拽到这儿来的法官 |
[21:54] | there is something nefarious here, when you know for a fact | 都会援引第五修正案 |
[21:56] | that any judge you haul in here would take the Fifth. | 却还在试图暗示这里有不法勾当 |
[21:59] | Excuse me, Your Honor? | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[22:00] | You either take the Fifth, | 您要么援引第五修正案 |
[22:02] | or you leave yourself open to questions. | 要么就回答问题 |
[22:04] | Did you meet with Will Gardner yesterday? | 您昨天是否见过威尔·加德纳 |
[22:10] | Upon the advice of counsel, | 根据律师的建议 |
[22:11] | I continue to assert my rights under the Fifth Amendment. | 我继续主张第五修正案所赋予的权利 |
[22:15] | Is this a photo of you meeting with Will Gardner yesterday? | 这是不是昨天你与威尔·加德纳见面的照片 |
[22:24] | Upon the advice of counsel, I insist on my Fifth Amendment rights. | 根据律师建议 我坚持行使第五修正案的权利 |
[22:35] | You setting me up? | 你在陷害我? |
[22:37] | Excuse me, Your Honor? | 您说什么 法官阁下 |
[22:38] | They have a photo, from yesterday. | 他们有张昨天的照片 |
[22:41] | You brought them to me. | 你把他们引向了我 |
[22:43] | You go down, you’re not taking me. | 你栽了 别想拉我垫背 |
[22:52] | Okay, I can see there is some kind of strategy going on here. | 好吧 看得出来你俩正在搞点小阴谋 |
[22:56] | We can’t say. | 不能跟你说 |
[22:57] | I just want to know one thing. | 我只想知道一件事 |
[22:59] | Is it illegal? | 是非法的吗 |
[23:01] | – No. – Good. | -不是 -那就好 |
[23:03] | You two behave now. | 你俩乖乖的哦 |
[23:07] | – Yeah? – I just wanted to see how you’re doing. | -怎么了 -就是问问你怎么样了 |
[23:09] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[23:10] | Up next. Probably another 30 minutes. | 下个就到我 大概再等30分钟 |
[23:13] | Are you…? | 你是不是 |
[23:15] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[23:15] | No, are you taking the Fifth? | 不是 你会援引第五修正案吗 |
[23:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:19] | Elsbeth thinks I should. | 埃尔斯贝特认为应该这样 |
[23:21] | It’s the smart move. | 这是明智之举 |
[23:25] | Will… I’m sorry. | 威尔 我很抱歉 |
[23:28] | – Don’t be. – I am. | -别这样 -我说真的 |
[23:31] | Well, then be sorry because it’s happening. | 你可以为我的窘境感到遗憾 |
[23:32] | Don’t be sorry because of anything else. | 不要因为别的事情抱歉 |
[23:35] | Okay. Do good. | 好吧 好好表现 |
[23:38] | Always. | 一向如此 |
[23:45] | Well, well, it’s family law, darkening my halls. | 看呀看呀 家庭法大神光临 蓬荜黯然啊 |
[23:55] | Nora, could you ask Caitlin to come in here, please? | 诺拉 请叫凯特琳过来好吗 |
[23:57] | Something fell off my desk. | 有东西掉我桌子底下了 |
[23:59] | So… | 那么 |
[24:02] | So… | 那么 |
[24:04] | Caitlin’s not cleaning this up. | 凯特琳不会给你收拾的 |
[24:05] | Oh, yes, she is. | 不 她得给我收拾 |
[24:06] | It’s such a double-edged sword, isn’t it? | 真是一把双刃剑 对吧 |
[24:08] | Nepotism gets you the job, but then you catch all the poop | 裙带关系帮你得到了工作 但你从此就得 |
[24:11] | – your uncle should. – “Poop”? | -替叔叔擦屁股 -擦屁股? |
[24:15] | I’m trying not to swear so much. | 我在努力少骂点脏话 |
[24:17] | How’s the campaign going for Peter Florrick? | 彼得·福瑞克的竞选活动进行得如何 |
[24:20] | I hope well. | 我希望还不错 |
[24:21] | Because his wife and I have been chatting. | 因为我和他妻子聊过 |
[24:23] | As her divorce lawyer, | 作为她的离婚律师 |
[24:25] | of course, attorney-client privilege applies, | 律师-委托人保密特权当然适用 |
[24:28] | and I can’t really share anything, | 所以我什么都不能告诉你 |
[24:30] | but, uh, I hope the campaign is going well. | 但我希望竞选活动进行得顺利 |
[24:34] | Yes, Mr. Gold? | 你找我吗 戈德先生 |
[24:36] | Oh, hi. | 噢 你也在 |
[24:37] | Hi, Caitlin. How are you? | 凯特琳 你好吗 |
[24:39] | Good. Uh, what was it you needed? | 挺好 你需要我做些什么 |
[24:42] | No, nothing. Eli’s fine. | 不用了 伊莱没事 |
[24:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:46] | Well, give a call if you need anything. | 如果你需要任何事请尽管找我 |
[24:48] | And I have your xeroxes. | 你交给我的文件我复印好了 |
[24:50] | Thanks, Caitlin. | 辛苦了 凯特琳 |
[24:54] | There’s not much I love in life. I like money. | 生活中我爱的东西不多 我喜欢钱 |
[24:58] | – I don’t love money. – Is this going to be long? | -但不至于爱钱 -你不会要长篇大论吧 |
[25:00] | But I do love my niece. | 但是我爱我的侄女 |
[25:03] | She is all that is good in the world. | 她集合了世界上所有的美好于一身 |
[25:05] | And I think you ought to clean that up. | 我认为你应该自己收拾桌上的烂摊子 |
[25:13] | Good afternoon, Mr. Gardner. | 下午好 加德纳先生 |
[25:14] | Ms. Scott-Carr. | 下午好 斯科特-卡尔小姐 |
[25:16] | Shall we start from the beginning here? | 我们需要从头开始吗 |
[25:20] | Did you meet with Judge Parks yesterday? | 昨天你是否见过帕克斯法官 |
[25:27] | Yes, I did meet with Judge Parks yesterday. | 是的 昨天我是见过帕克斯法官 |
[25:30] | I see. Um, thank you, sir. | 这样 谢谢 先生 |
[25:33] | And thank you for not taking the Fifth. | 感谢你没有援引第五修正案 |
[25:36] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[25:37] | This is you in this picture? | 照片中的人是你吗 |
[25:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:44] | And what is in this envelope | 在你递给帕克斯法官的信封中 |
[25:46] | you handed to Judge Parks? | 放的是什么 |
[25:48] | Money. | 钱 |
[25:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:52] | And, um, was there an agreement | 你与帕克斯法官 |
[25:56] | between you and Judge Parks based on the exchange of this cash? | 是否就这笔钱 达成某种协议 |
[26:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:01] | And what was that? | 是什么样的协议 |
[26:04] | That he would give it to UNICEF | 他会把钱转交给联合国儿童基金会 |
[26:05] | for their immunization drive in Uganda. | 投入他们在乌干达的疫苗接种项目 |
[26:10] | Uh, and, um, how-how much money did you give him? | 你给了他多少钱 |
[26:14] | $2,000. | 2000美元 |
[26:15] | For UNICEF? | 捐给联合国儿童基金会? |
[26:17] | I mean, isn’t that | 我是说 |
[26:18] | a lot of money to be giving to UNICEF? | 这笔捐款似乎非常丰厚啊 |
[26:21] | It is. | 的确 |
[26:21] | And why did you give him all that? | 那你为什么要把这么多钱交给他 |
[26:24] | Because I think kids in Uganda should be immunized. | 因为我觉得乌干达的儿童应该接种疫苗 |
[26:30] | And isn’t this just a little bit suspicious | 但是你在作证的前一天 |
[26:34] | that you gave this money on the eve | 把这笔钱交给他 |
[26:36] | of your testifying here? | 不会显得有点可疑吗 |
[26:39] | I don’t know. I hadn’t thought of it. | 我不知道 我没考虑到这些 |
[26:41] | And why should we trust you | 我们凭什么相信你说的 |
[26:42] | that this money was, in fact, for UNICEF? | 这笔钱是捐给了联合国儿童基金会 |
[26:45] | Because I have a receipt. | 因为我有收据 |
[26:52] | Okay. Let’s see. | 好的 接下去 |
[26:53] | I have some notes here from… | 我这里有一份文件 来自… |
[26:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:59] | This is a copy of an e-mail from you to Judge Parks, | 这是一封你发给帕克斯法官的电邮 |
[27:05] | exchanging information about which settlement | 邮件中你们交换了一些信息 |
[27:08] | would be agreeable to your client. | 讨论你的客户会接受何种和解条约 |
[27:10] | Really? Where did you get it? | 真的吗 你是从哪里获得这封邮件的 |
[27:13] | When I am the subject of a grand jury investigation, Mr. Gardner, | 当我成为大陪审团的听证对象时 加德纳先生 |
[27:18] | you may ask me that. | 你可以问我这个问题 |
[27:19] | Are these e-mails from you to Judge Parks? | 这些邮件是你写给帕克斯法官的吗 |
[27:23] | No. | 不是 |
[27:25] | Could you read there? | 你能把那行念出来吗 |
[27:27] | To whom are these e-mails addressed? | 邮件的接收者是谁? |
[27:30] | It says, “Judge Parks,” | 上面写着”帕克斯法官” |
[27:31] | but I never sent these to him. | 但我从没有发过这些邮件给他 |
[27:33] | Someone must’ve typed over the real addressee. | 肯定是有人改掉了真正的收件人 |
[27:36] | And why would someone do that? | 别人为什么要这么做 |
[27:38] | I have no idea, you just handed it to me, | 我不知道 你刚把这些邮件交给我看 |
[27:40] | but the original e-mails… | 但是这些邮件的原件… |
[27:44] | …are here. | …就在这里 |
[27:51] | Let’s turn now to Judge Parks. | 接下来我们谈一下帕克斯法官 |
[27:54] | But don’t you want to know who the e-mails were really addressed to? | 你不想知道这些信件的真实收件人是谁吗 |
[27:57] | No, that’s not necessary. | 不用 没有必要 |
[27:58] | They were addressed to my partner, Diane Lockhart. | 它们是发给我的合伙人 戴安·洛克哈特 |
[27:59] | Excuse me, Mr. Gardner? | 请停下来 加德纳先生 |
[28:01] | And it seemed only natural to discuss the award amount. | 与她谈论酬金数额似乎很正常 |
[28:02] | Mr. Gardner, that was not my question. | 加德纳先生 我没有问你这些 |
[28:04] | Please strike that from the record! | 请把以上内容从记录中移除 |
[28:19] | You fooled me? | 你耍了我? |
[28:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:27] | Go ahead. | 动手吧 |
[28:29] | What? | 你说什么 |
[28:30] | Hit me. | 打我 |
[28:31] | It’ll make you feel better. | 这样你会好受一点 |
[28:53] | Okay, thank you. Thank you for that. | 好的 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[29:01] | I owe you. | 我欠你一个人情 |
[29:02] | No, you don’t. | 你没有 |
[29:03] | Okay, you two, it’s not over yet. | 你们俩听着 还没结束 |
[29:05] | She promised a new subpoena. | 她说会发出新的传票 |
[29:07] | What I’m worried is she… | 我担心的是… |
[29:10] | It’s not Kalinda… | 不会是凯琳达… |
[29:13] | But she’s angry now. | 但她现在非常愤怒 |
[29:14] | So she goes where? | 她下一步会如何行动 |
[29:17] | The whole firm? | 针对整个律所? |
[29:19] | Personal. She… | 应该会针对个人 她… |
[29:22] | You’re vulnerable somewhere, right? | 你是有把柄可抓的 是吗 |
[29:25] | You gave her the McDermott case as some big fat juicy… | 你用麦克德莫特案作饵送上去给她 |
[29:29] | bait, right? | 是吗 |
[29:30] | So she wouldn’t go after your real vulnerability? | 这样避免她去抓你真正的把柄 |
[29:33] | -Yes. -So… | -对 -那么… |
[29:34] | Who would she subpoena now? | 她接着会传唤谁呢 |
[29:39] | Any word on Mr. Gardner? | 有加德纳先生的消息吗 |
[29:41] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[29:44] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么事了吗 |
[29:47] | Did you…? | 你… |
[29:47] | Do you know why Mr. Gold is being so cold to me now? | 你知道戈德先生为什么对我这么冷漠吗 |
[29:50] | Oh, I didn’t think he was. | 我没觉得他对你冷漠啊 |
[29:52] | I thought he was overworking you. | 我还觉得他给了你太多活儿干呢 |
[29:55] | No. He’s not even talking to me now. | 没有 他现在都不跟我说话了 |
[29:56] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么事了吗 |
[29:58] | No. I wouldn’t worry. | 没有 不用担心 |
[30:00] | He seems distracted. | 他似乎在琢磨别的事 |
[30:01] | I wanted to tell him something about the meeting, | 我想告诉他一些关于这次会议的事 |
[30:02] | – but he won’t listen. – What? | -但他不听我说 -说什么 |
[30:04] | Yeah, what do you need? | 喂 什么事 |
[30:05] | Well, I’m in bed, thinking of you. | 我在床上 想你 |
[30:08] | No, you’re not. | 不 你没想我 |
[30:09] | You know my meeting’s in five minutes, | 你知道我还有五分钟就要开会 |
[30:10] | and you’re trying to throw me off my game. | 你想打乱我阵脚 |
[30:12] | Well, that’s true, but I’m still thinking of you. | 没错 但我也确实在想你 |
[30:14] | Of course, you are. Do you hear my voice? | 你当然想我啦 你能听见我吗 |
[30:15] | I am not thrown. | 我没有被打乱阵脚 |
[30:16] | Well, you shouldn’t have wimped out last night, Eli. | 你昨晚不该临阵脱逃的 伊莱 |
[30:18] | You’d be right here in my bed with me. | 不然 此刻你就正躺在我的床上 |
[30:20] | I gotta go now, Ms. Hall, and kick your ass. | 我得挂了 豪尔女士 我要去打败你 |
[30:22] | But it’s been nice talking to you. | 但跟你聊得很愉快 |
[30:24] | Eli, sorry to keep you waiting. | 伊莱 抱歉让你久等了 |
[30:26] | Spencer, no trouble. | 斯宾塞 没关系 |
[30:28] | Remember Mrs. Florrick? | 还记得福瑞克夫人吗 |
[30:29] | I promised I’d drag her along. | 我答应你要把她拉来的 |
[30:31] | Yes, hello, Alicia. | 记得 你好 艾丽西亚 |
[30:33] | That’s a beautiful suit. | 套装很漂亮 |
[30:33] | Oh, thank you. Um, | 谢谢 |
[30:35] | do you mind if we just take one second? | 你介意我们私聊几分钟吗 |
[30:38] | No problem. I’ll be right back. | 没关系 我一会儿回来 |
[30:41] | What the heck? | 搞什么 |
[30:43] | Tell him, Caitlin. | 跟他说 凯特琳 |
[30:44] | I’m sorry. I wanted to get to you earlier. | 抱歉 我先前就想跟你说的 |
[30:45] | This is not about the Defense of Marriage Act, Eli. | 他们的目标不是《婚姻保护法案》 伊莱 |
[30:47] | I was studying up on this meeting, | 我研究了这次会议 |
[30:49] | and one thing that didn’t make sense | 有一点很不合常理 |
[30:50] | is why GLAC needed a crisis manager | 为什么GLAC需要一个危机管理专家 |
[30:52] | to fight against the Defense of Marriage Act | 来反抗《婚姻保护法案》呢 |
[30:54] | when, in fact, the National Committee was handling it. | 况且国家同性恋委员会已经在处理这事 |
[30:56] | And then I was reading some gay blogs… | 然后我读了一些同性恋博客… |
[30:58] | Can we talk about this after the meeting? | 我们能会开完再说吗 |
[30:59] | Eli, this is the meeting. | 伊莱 这就是会议的内容 |
[31:02] | Spencer Roth wrote a letter | 斯宾塞·罗思以GLAC代理主席的身份 |
[31:03] | in support of the proposed AT&T merger | 写信支持AT&T和T-Moble |
[31:05] | with T-Mobile as acting head of GLAC. | 这两大通信公司的合并 |
[31:08] | AT&T supposedly gave GLAC a $60,000 grant. | 据传 AT&T给了GLAC六万资金 |
[31:14] | When was this? | 这事什么时候发生的 |
[31:15] | Last week. | 上周 |
[31:16] | This isn’t about the Defense of Marriage Act. | 这和《婚姻保护法案》无关 |
[31:18] | This is about damage control. | 而是为了控制损害 |
[31:20] | The GLAC board doesn’t want to be criticized | GLAC董事会不想因涉及此次合并 |
[31:23] | for its involvement in this merger. | 而被批评 |
[31:25] | But why say it’s about the Defense of Marriage? | 但为什么宣称和《婚姻保护法案》有关呢 |
[31:27] | Because they don’t want to make it public | 因为他们不想让 |
[31:28] | they’re shopping for crisis managers. | 正在物色危机管理专家的消息传出去 |
[31:32] | We have to change the pitch right now. | 我们得马上调整口号 |
[31:34] | Attacking the GLAC board is attacking gays. | “攻击GLAC董事会就是攻击同性恋” |
[31:37] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[31:38] | Too cynical? | 太极端了? |
[31:41] | Thank Caitlin. | 你应该谢谢凯特琳 |
[31:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[31:48] | Uh-oh. This is about Will. | 是威尔的事 |
[31:50] | I’ll catch up. | 你们先聊 |
[31:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:54] | – I don’t understand. – I know. | -我不太明白 -我知道 |
[31:56] | I thought Wendy Scott-Carr | 我以为温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[31:58] | was targeting the McDermott case. | 揪着麦克德莫特的案子呢 |
[32:00] | I never worked on that. | 我都没参与过那个案子 |
[32:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:04] | So… why? | 那…为什么呢 |
[32:06] | Well, she’ll probably push you on things | 她可能会逼你问你一些 |
[32:09] | Mr. Gardner did that she | 加德纳先生做过的 |
[32:11] | could paint as legally questionable. | 她可以渲染为不太合法的事 |
[32:13] | A prosecutor can ask anything at a grand jury hearing. | 检方可以在大陪审团听证时问任何问题 |
[32:16] | So what do you know that could hurt him? | 你知道什么可能对他不利的事吗 |
[32:23] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[32:24] | F-l-o-r-r-i-c-k F-l-o-r-r-i-c-k. | |
[32:27] | The same spelling as my husband Peter, the State’s Attorney. | 姓的拼写和我丈夫州检察官彼得的一样 |
[32:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:32] | For the sake of disclosure, | 为公开起见 |
[32:33] | have we met before? | 我们之前见过吗 |
[32:35] | Yes, last year, during the State’s Attorney election. | 见过 去年 州检察官选举期间 |
[32:38] | I believe you lost to my husband. | 你输给了我丈夫 |
[32:42] | How long have you worked at Lockhart/Gardner, Mrs. Florrick? | 你在洛&加律所工作多久了 福瑞克夫人 |
[32:45] | Two and a half years. | 两年半 |
[32:46] | Who hired you? | 谁雇的你呢 |
[32:47] | Will Gardner. | 威尔·加德纳 |
[32:48] | You were friends in college? | 你们大学期间是朋友 |
[32:49] | Yes, at Georgetown. | 是 在乔治城大学 |
[32:52] | How long had it been since you’d last practiced law? | 你受雇时 多久没有从事法律职业了 |
[32:56] | 13 years. | 13年 |
[32:57] | I took time off to raise my children. | 我用这段时间养育孩子了 |
[33:00] | A 13-year layoff. | 13年不曾工作 |
[33:03] | That was quite generous of Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生的雇佣真是慷慨 |
[33:08] | Have you ever seen Mr. Gardner do anything that you’d consider illegal? | 你见过加德纳先生做任何你认为违法的事情吗 |
[33:13] | Not that I recall. | 就我回忆 没有 |
[33:14] | Since joining his firm, at any time, | 你加入他的律所后 |
[33:18] | have you been engaged in a sexual relationship with Mr. Gardner? | 你和加德纳先生 发生过性关系吗 |
[33:28] | I don’t see how that’s relevant. | 我不明白这有什么关系 |
[33:30] | The jury is entitled | 陪审团有权知道 |
[33:32] | to know the true nature of your relationship with him. | 你和他关系的性质 |
[33:35] | This line of questioning is inappropriate. | 你这么问不合宜 |
[33:37] | The jury needs to know she has an incentive to protect him. | 陪审团需要知道 她有动机保护他 |
[33:41] | You asked me what I thought about their relationship, | 你问我认为他们的关系如何 |
[33:42] | and I told you… in confidence. | 我告诉了你 私下说的 |
[33:47] | If you’re not comfortable, Mr. Agos, | 如果你不满意 艾格斯先生 |
[33:50] | you are free to step out. | 你可以离开 |
[34:04] | Mrs. Florrick, one more time. | 福瑞克女士 再问一次 |
[34:07] | While working at his firm, at any time, | 你在他的律所工作期间 |
[34:11] | have you and Will Gardner engaged | 你与威尔·加德纳有过 |
[34:14] | in a sexual relationship? | 性关系吗 |
[34:23] | Yes. | 有过 |
[34:26] | Is this sexual relationship still active? | 现在仍保持性关系吗 |
[34:30] | No. | 不 |
[34:32] | When did this relationship begin? | 你们这种关系何时开始的 |
[34:34] | In the spring. | 春天 |
[34:36] | And when did it end? | 何时结束的 |
[34:39] | A few months ago. | 几个月前 |
[34:44] | During the course of this relationship with Mr. Gardner, | 在与加德纳先生保持这种关系期间 |
[34:49] | was your office moved to the 28th floor, | 你的办公室是否搬到了28楼 |
[34:51] | the same floor as the senior partners’? | 与高级合伙人同一楼层 |
[34:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:57] | And in that time, had you been advised | 那时你是否被告知 |
[34:59] | that you were on a track to make partner? | 你正走在成为合伙人的道路上 |
[35:09] | Mrs. Florrick, would you please take your seat? | 福瑞克女士 可否请你坐下 |
[35:12] | No. | 不 |
[35:13] | I need to ask you to sit. | 我要求你坐下 |
[35:16] | No. Thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[35:17] | The witness has not been excused! | 证人还不能离开 |
[35:20] | You are out of control. | 你太离谱了 |
[35:23] | Mrs. Florrick, if you do not sit back down, | 福瑞克女士 如果你不坐回去 |
[35:26] | I will have you held in contempt. | 你将被视作藐视当庭 |
[35:28] | Fine. Arrest me. | 好啊 逮捕我吧 |
[35:39] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 |
[35:41] | Hi. You zipped out of there. | 你这么快就出来了 |
[35:42] | I didn’t get a chance to do a postmortem. | 我还没机会和你讨论这次听证呢 |
[35:47] | The transcript of the hearing– it’ll be released to the public? | 听证记录 会对外公开吗 |
[35:51] | Only if Mr. Gardner’s indicted. | 如果加德纳先生被起诉的话 |
[35:53] | Otherwise, it stays sealed. | 不然 就会封存 |
[35:55] | What happened in there? | 里面发生了什么事 |
[35:57] | I’ve got to talk to my kids. | 我得和孩子们谈谈 |
[36:10] | You’re so funny. | 你真有趣 |
[36:11] | You’re so spontaneous. | 你真率性 |
[36:13] | Like a youth in May. Say when. | 像初生牛犊 你说停我就停 |
[36:15] | Keep going. Keep… Yeah, that’s perfect. | 继续倒 继续… 够了 |
[36:19] | So, what’s the surprise? | 什么惊喜 |
[36:21] | You called saying you had a surprise? | 你打电话说有个惊喜 |
[36:23] | Yes, um… | 是的… |
[36:25] | The surprise is… | 惊喜是… |
[36:28] | I desire you, too. | 我也想要你 |
[36:31] | Oh, now you’re just trying to throw me off my game? | 现在你想打乱我的阵脚 |
[36:33] | I am, but I still desire you. | 我是想 不过我的确想要你 |
[36:36] | Really? Okay? Well, then let’s go do something about it. | 真的吗 那么 我们干点什么吧 |
[36:41] | My apartment’s 15 minutes away. | 我的公寓离这里15分钟 |
[36:43] | Mine’s ten. You’re playing chicken. | 我家10分钟哦 你在跟我玩比胆量 |
[36:45] | I am, and I’m good at it. | 是的 这游戏我很拿手 |
[36:46] | Mm. You don’t see me swerving off the road. | 我可不会避开 |
[36:48] | Then don’t. | 那就不要避开 |
[36:49] | We’re gonna crash. | 那我们要撞车了哦 |
[36:51] | Unless you swerve. | 除非你躲避 |
[36:59] | I got the GLAC account. | 我得到了GLAC这个客户 |
[37:05] | Oh, what’s happened? | 怎么回事 |
[37:06] | Where’s that desire? | 你的欲望哪去了 |
[37:07] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[37:09] | You were expecting a call from GLAC about an hour ago. | 一小时前GLAC就该给你打电话 |
[37:11] | You didn’t get it. | 你却没等到 |
[37:12] | – I did. – Oh, fish. | -我等到了 -擦 |
[37:15] | I still desire you, Stacie. | 我还是想要你 史黛西 |
[37:17] | The way a victor desires his spoils. | 就像胜利者想要他的战利品 |
[37:21] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[37:23] | Get those tiny little wheels turning in your head. | 动动你的小脑瓜子 |
[37:26] | “Which way should I play this? | “我该表现出什么反应” |
[37:27] | Contrite and compliant, or tough and brash?” | 授首请降 还是负隅顽抗 |
[37:31] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好吧 我们走 |
[37:33] | Let’s have intercourse. | 我们去性交 |
[37:41] | Ladies and gentlemen of the grand jury, | 大陪审团的女士们先生们 |
[37:43] | the hour has grown late. | 时间不早了 |
[37:45] | If there are no further questions, | 如果没有其它问题 |
[37:47] | the People of Illinois ask that you vote a true bill | 伊利诺斯州检方请求你们投票决定 |
[37:50] | to indict Mr. Gardner on the charges of conspiracy to commit bribery | 以行贿和妨碍司法人员的罪名 |
[37:55] | and interfering with a judicial officer, | 正式起诉加德纳先生 |
[37:57] | class three and class two felonies. | 三级和二级重罪 |
[38:00] | Please signify by raising your hands. | 请举手示意 |
[38:02] | I’ve got a question? | 我有个问题 |
[38:07] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[38:08] | You said, if there are no further questions. | 你说 如果没有问题了 就开始投票 |
[38:10] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[38:11] | Yes. I’m sorry, please. | 是 抱歉 请说 |
[38:13] | Who is this Peter everyone was talking about? | 大家都提到的彼得是谁 |
[38:16] | That would be Peter Florrick, the State’s Attorney. | 那是彼得·福瑞克 州检察官 |
[38:20] | He hired Ms. Scott-Carr | 他聘任了斯科特-卡尔女士 |
[38:21] | to conduct this investigation. | 进行此项调查 |
[38:23] | Uh-huh, okay. | 好吧 |
[38:24] | So then, isn’t it weird to bring in his wife? | 那让他老婆作证不是很奇怪吗 |
[38:29] | I-I’m sorry. | 我 我很抱歉 |
[38:31] | By law, we are permitted to only answer questions | 根据法律 我们只能回答 |
[38:34] | about the facts of the case, | 与案情有关的问题 |
[38:36] | but if you’re asking… | 但如果你是问… |
[38:37] | I mean, who cares who she sleeps with? | 我的意思是 谁在乎她跟谁睡觉 |
[38:40] | If she’s getting some, great. | 如果她爽到了 那恭喜 |
[38:43] | Here’s what I don’t get. | 我不明白的是 |
[38:44] | Why even go after Will Gardner? | 何必去搞这威尔·加德纳呢 |
[38:45] | Why not that judge guy? | 为什么不是那个法官 |
[38:47] | Well, again, by law, we are not permitted.. | 还是那句话 根据法律 我们不能回答… |
[38:51] | I mean, at least Will Gardner answered the questions | 至少威尔·加德纳回答了问题 |
[38:53] | – The judge just kept taking the Fifth. – I know. | -那法官就知道引用第五修正案 -就是啊 |
[38:55] | I didn’t get that, eith. | 我也搞不懂 |
[38:57] | Maybe this judge knows Peter Florrick. | 说不定这法官认识彼得·福瑞克 |
[38:59] | Maybe they should both be arrested… | 也许应该把他们俩都抓起来… |
[39:01] | You know what? That’s-that’s not… | 是这样 这不是… |
[39:04] | I think Florrick and the judge are in it together. | 我认为福瑞克和那法官是一伙的 |
[39:06] | Yeah,yeah, why don’t you bring in that guy? | 没错 你们怎么不让他出庭 |
[39:11] | That was some good fishing | 擦 很爽哟 |
[39:14] | Hey, um,m,could you grab my robe for me, please? | 你能把睡袍递给我吗 |
[39:23] | Oh, yeah. Hey, what do you think of that? | 对哦 你觉得那怎么样 |
[39:25] | I mean, it’s just a mock-up. | 这只是个样本 |
[39:26] | I told Vanessa a deeper blue border | 我跟凡妮莎讲 深蓝色边框 |
[39:28] | would really make it pop. | 让传单更显眼 |
[39:30] | You’re working on my ex-wife’s campaign? | 你在帮我前妻竞选? |
[39:32] | Only ’cause she asked me. | 那是因为她拜托我的嘛 |
[39:34] | She threw me a lot of business in D.C. | 在华盛顿 她给我带来不少生意 |
[39:36] | That’s why I’m here. To see this? | 你就为了这让我来的 就为了看这个? |
[39:38] | Eli, I desire you. | 伊莱 我想要你 |
[39:53] | You’re home early. | 你回家挺早啊 |
[39:54] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[39:55] | Nothing. I just… Um… | 没什么 我只是 |
[39:58] | I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你们谈谈 |
[40:00] | What did we do? | 我们做错什么了 |
[40:01] | You didn’t do anything. It… | 你们没做错什么 是… |
[40:06] | – God, paranoid… – You were thinking the same thing. | -你真是受虐妄想狂 -你不跟我想的一样嘛 |
[40:08] | – Hello? – Hi. It’s Kalinda. | -你好 -嗨 我凯琳达 |
[40:10] | I know. What’s wrong? | 我知道 怎么了 |
[40:11] | Nothing. | 没啥 |
[40:13] | No bill. | 拒绝起诉了 |
[40:16] | What? I don’t… I don’t understand. | 什么 我不明白 |
[40:19] | They didn’t indict a ham sandwich. | 大陪审团没有起诉”火腿三明治” |
[40:23] | You’re kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[40:24] | No. Will is free. | 没 威尔没事了 |
[40:27] | How is that possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[40:29] | Um, we don’t know. | 我们也不知道 |
[40:30] | We’re still trying to figure that out. | 我们也想弄明白 |
[40:33] | You should come on down here. We’re having a party. | 你该过来 我们在开派对 |
[40:35] | Oh, um, no. Thanks, though. | 不了 谢谢 |
[40:38] | And… Kalinda, th… thank you for calling. | 还有 凯琳达 谢谢你打过来 |
[40:43] | No problem. | 没什么 |
[40:49] | – Come on, let’s dance. – Oh, no, I don’t dance. | -来吧 咱们跳舞 -不 我不会跳 |
[40:52] | No, I have to drink a lot to dance, | 不行 我要喝很多酒才能跳舞 |
[40:53] | and I don’t like to drink a lot, no. | 但我不想喝太多酒 别 |
[40:54] | Well, this is the one exception. Come on. | 今天是唯一的例外 来吧 |
[40:56] | No, no. Seriously, you do it. | 别别 真的 你跳吧 |
[41:12] | – That was a close one. – Yes. | -这次很惊险 -是的 |
[41:14] | Let’s try and reduce the excitement level from now on, shall we? | 以后咱们别再玩得这么刺激啦 如何 |
[41:31] | What is it, Mom? | 妈 什么事 |
[41:35] | Nothing. Just something at work. | 没什么 工作上的事 |
[41:36] | Was it good? | 是好事吗 |
[41:39] | Yes… | 是的 |
[41:40] | It is, oddly. | 虽然离奇 但的确是 |
[41:42] | You wanted to talk to us? | 你要跟我们谈谈? |
[41:44] | I did, didn’t I? | 的确 是要谈 |
[41:51] | I haven’t been the best of moms. | 这阵子我这个妈妈有些失职 |
[41:53] | – Mom. – How? | -妈 -怎么会 |
[41:57] | I want to change all that. | 我想做出改变 |
[42:00] | I, um… | 我 |
[42:03] | I think I should take a week off work, | 我觉得我该请一周假 |
[42:05] | and we should go on vacation. | 我们一起去度个假 |
[42:10] | Ms. Scott-Carr. | 斯科特-卡尔女士 |
[42:13] | I wanted to thank you for your service. | 我想要感谢你的效力 |
[42:17] | You’re excused. | 你可以走了 |
[42:19] | Peter, we can still indict Will Gardner. | 彼得 我们还是可以指控威尔·加德纳 |
[42:22] | With the next grand jury, I’ll-I’ll take… No. | -下个大陪审团 我会让… -不 |
[42:25] | No. | 不 |
[42:29] | We’re done. | 结束了 |
[42:30] | There are other ways. | 还有别的方法 |
[42:33] | Like calling my wife? | 比如传唤我的妻子? |
[42:38] | It was a strategic move. | 这只是种策略 |
[42:46] | Thank you for your service. | 感谢你的效力 |
[42:48] | My assistant will validate your parking. | 我的助理会处理你的停车票 |
[42:56] | I’m sending these infractions of Mr. Gardner’s to the bar association. | 我要把加德纳的这些违规行为上报到律师协会 |
[43:00] | If you won’t pursue him, they will. | 如果你不追究 他们会 |
[43:04] | Do what you got to do. | 你该干嘛干嘛 |
[43:06] | Now get out of my office. | 现在给我出去 |