时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | This was the morning of Kara Anderson’s death. | 这就是卡拉安德森离去的那个清晨 |
[00:11] | I guess I should have known something was wrong. | 我早该注意到有些不对劲 |
[00:12] | She wanted to go sit in her room a minute. | 她想要在自己的房间里呆一会 |
[00:16] | I didn’t know she was saying good-bye. | 我没有意识到她是在告别 |
[00:19] | I asked her about studying together, | 我去找她一起学习 |
[00:20] | but she wanted to be in the sun all day. | 但她想要一整天都呆在屋外 |
[00:31] | This was the morning of Kara Anderson’s death, | 这就是卡拉安德森离去的那个清晨 |
[00:34] | because she chose it. | 因为她选择了这条道路 |
[00:56] | Come in. | 请进 |
[01:03] | Oh, you look pretty good for an out-of-work loser. | 你这失业的可怜虫 气色居然还不错 |
[01:07] | I’m almost done. | 我快写完了 |
[01:09] | – You heading straight to court? – Yep. | -你直接去法庭吗? -对 |
[01:10] | So how you handling it one week in? | 失业的这一周过得怎么样 |
[01:12] | I’m devastated | 整个人都废了 |
[01:13] | getting up 9:00 instead of 5:00, | 以前5点起床 现在9点起 |
[01:16] | going to the gym instead of racing to court. | 以前是赶着上法庭 现在是去体育馆 |
[01:18] | I miss the law too much. | 我太怀念执业的时光了 |
[01:21] | You’re not coming back, are you? | 你不会回来的 是吧 |
[01:22] | I haven’t checked my cell phone in two hours. | 我都两个小时没看过手机了 |
[01:24] | You know what that feels like? | 知道这是种什么感觉吗 |
[01:26] | – Well, you are missed at work. – I doubt that. | -大家都很想你 -我很怀疑 |
[01:29] | David Lee is probably calculating | 大卫·李估计正在丈量 |
[01:30] | my square footage right now. | 我那拐角办公室的尺寸 |
[01:32] | Okay, the disciplinary board says | 好的 根据委员会的规定 |
[01:33] | I can consult on any case strategy | 我可以参与 |
[01:35] | developed before my suspension. | 停职之前的案子 |
[01:36] | So tell Alicia I made notes on this petition, | 告诉艾丽西娅我在这份诉状上做了笔记 |
[01:39] | – but I can’t on this one. – You sure? | -但我不能在这一份上写 -你确定么 |
[01:41] | That’s the one she needs. | 她需要的可是这一份 |
[01:42] | Those are the rules. | 规定就是规定 |
[01:43] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[01:44] | Oh, worried. | 忧心忡忡 |
[01:46] | Overwhelmed. | 不知所措 |
[01:48] | Tell her Judge Serena likes women more than men anyway. | 告诉她 塞林纳法官总归是更喜欢女士一些 |
[01:51] | And watch out with the client. | 留心点我们的委托人 |
[01:53] | He’ll talk too much and get pretentious on the stand. | 作证的时候他会说得太多 满场炫耀 |
[01:57] | Will, when I leave, you’re not going to curl up | 威尔 我走的时候 你会不会 |
[02:00] | into a little ball and cry, are you? | 蜷成一团 悄悄哭泣? |
[02:01] | Tears of joy and relaxation. | 那是喜悦与放松的泪水 |
[02:03] | You really think you can do this for six months? | 你真的认为自己能熬过这六个月吗 |
[02:05] | – In a walk. – Okay. | -轻而易举 -好吧 |
[02:07] | Call me when you crash. | 崩溃了的话打电话给我 |
[02:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:44] | This is hard for me, and I’m… | 这对我来说太不容易了 我… |
[02:47] | I’m just a girl from Michigan. | 我只是个密歇根来的小姑娘 |
[02:49] | I can’t imagine what it’s like for you. | 我很难想象您的处境 |
[02:51] | Yeah, just the thought of my daughter out there in this movie, it… | 光是想到我女儿被拍进了这个电影 就 |
[02:55] | – But you agreed to an interview? – Yes. | -但是你同意接受采访了? -是的 |
[02:57] | Our daughter had just died, and she… | 我们女儿刚刚去世 她… |
[03:02] | He said that this documentary | 他说这部纪录片 |
[03:05] | was an attempt to keep people from committing suicide, | 是为了劝阻自杀的人 |
[03:08] | and it’s just to make money. | 其实只是为了挣钱而已 |
[03:09] | Objection. Your Honor, opinion. | 反对 法官阁下 意向性证据 |
[03:11] | To me, Your Honor, this is the whole point of the case. | 法官阁下 在我看来这是整个案件的关键 |
[03:14] | This is a wrongful death suit. | 这是一场过失致死的诉讼 |
[03:16] | And he sold this movie as an anti-suicide documentary | 他在兜售电影时宣称这部纪录片是在反对自杀 |
[03:19] | when, in fact, it was intended to induce and encourage suicide. | 而事实上 却是在鼓励和诱导自杀 |
[03:23] | Not “In fact,” Your Honor. | 这可不是事实 法官阁下 |
[03:25] | In opinion. | 这是她的看法 |
[03:26] | And I wish you would admonish Ms. Crozier | 另外我希望您告诫克罗泽小姐 |
[03:28] | for constantly summarizing her case to the jury. | 不要反复地对陪审团总结案情 |
[03:31] | This is the equivalent of advertising through repetition. | 这相当于通过重复的方式向陪审团鼓吹论点 |
[03:34] | I don’t even know what that means. | 我都不知道你说的是什么意思 |
[03:36] | I… | 我 |
[03:37] | I’m just speaking from the heart. | 我只是有感而发 |
[03:39] | Thank you very much, both of you. | 感谢你们二位 |
[03:41] | I take your objections to heart. | 我接受你的反对意见 |
[03:43] | Legally you’re on equal footing, | 法律上来说你们是平等的 |
[03:45] | and so I think we should continue with the testimony. | 所以我们还是继续听证吧 |
[03:48] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢你 法官大人 |
[03:50] | We would love to continue with the testimony. | 我们很愿意继续听证 |
[03:54] | He could only make notes on the past strategy. | 他只能在以前的案子上做笔记 |
[03:56] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[03:57] | – How is he? – Good. | -他怎么样 -不错 |
[03:58] | Strangely good. | 好得有点奇怪 |
[03:59] | He was wondering how you’re doing. | 他很关心你干得怎样 |
[04:01] | So, when you decided to speak to him, you didn’t know | 所以你同意接受他采访时 |
[04:03] | that he had film of your daughter committing suicide? | 并不知道他有你女儿自杀的录像? |
[04:05] | That’s right. He lied to us. | 没错 他骗了我们 |
[04:06] | And that would have changed your mind about the interview? | 而这会改变你接受采访的决定? |
[04:08] | Yes, definitely. | 是的 绝对的 |
[04:10] | We didn’t want our daughter’s death | 我们不希望女儿的去世 |
[04:12] | to be turned into a circus. | 被搞得像是马戏表演 |
[04:13] | Now, I just… I have to play it again | 我还是要再放一遍 |
[04:15] | just up to there. | 放到那里 |
[04:18] | What is your daughter doing here? | 你女儿这是在干什么 |
[04:19] | She’s staring into the camera. | 她在看镜头 |
[04:21] | And before this day, | 在此之前 |
[04:22] | – had she ever expressed suicidal thoughts? – No, never. | -她有流露出轻生的念头么 -从没 |
[04:25] | Then why did she do it? | 那她为什么要这么做 |
[04:26] | Because there were cameras on that bridge. | 因为这座桥上架设了摄像机 |
[04:29] | He wanted her, | 他希望她 |
[04:31] | or someone like her, to jump | 或是像她一样的人去跳桥 |
[04:32] | so that he could film it and sell his film. | 这样他就能拍下来卖钱 |
[04:34] | Objection, Your Honor. Calls for speculation. | 反对 法官阁下 推断性证词 |
[04:37] | We will withdraw that, Your Honor. | 我们撤回这个提问 法官阁下 |
[04:38] | I’m sorry, Frank. | 抱歉 弗兰克 |
[04:40] | I know it’s difficult after everything that you’ve been through | 我知道你经历了这样的事情 |
[04:43] | not to speak from the heart, | 很难把这些话压在心底 |
[04:46] | but in court, we do have to go by the rules. | 但在法庭上 我们要守规矩 |
[04:48] | Let me ask something | 我想 下面这个问题 |
[04:49] | I think Mrs. Florrick will allow me to ask. | 福瑞克夫人会同意我问的 |
[04:54] | Do you see that there? | 注意到这里没 |
[04:56] | – Yes. – And what do you see? | -是的 -你看到什么了 |
[04:57] | The camera zooming in. | 镜头拉近了 |
[04:59] | Which tells you what? | 这意味着什么 |
[05:00] | That he was more interested in getting a good shot | 他更希望拍出好镜头 |
[05:01] | than he was in saving my daughter’s life. | 而不是救我女儿的命 |
[05:03] | Just listen, Aidan. | 听着 艾登 |
[05:05] | She’s going to try and draw you | 她会试图把你扯进 |
[05:06] | into a conversation about filmmaking. | 电影制作的讨论中 |
[05:08] | Don’t go there. | 别上她当 |
[05:09] | The jury won’t like it if you talk about shots. | 陪审团不喜欢你去讨论镜头的拍摄手法 |
[05:12] | I have to answer the questions. | 我总得回答问题啊 |
[05:13] | You have to answer “Yes” Or “No.” | 你只要回答是或否而已 |
[05:15] | You don’t have to elaborate. | 没必要长篇大论 |
[05:16] | Talk about why you made the film. | 谈谈你为什么要拍这部电影 |
[05:18] | Why you care about suicide. | 你为什么关注自杀这个话题 |
[05:21] | Maybe we should delay the trial | 我们是不是应该推迟庭审 |
[05:22] | and wait for Will to come back. | 等威尔回来 |
[05:24] | Aidan, listen to me. | 艾登 听我说 |
[05:25] | I’ve worked on this case just as long as Will has. | 我和威尔几乎同时开始办这桩案子 |
[05:28] | He’s given the case to Alicia because he trusts her. | 他把案子交给艾丽西娅是因为信任她 |
[05:30] | – The judge doesn’t trust her. – Doesn’t matter. | -可法官不信任她 -无所谓 |
[05:32] | It’s who the jury trusts. | 关键看陪审团信任谁 |
[05:33] | That’s why you need to… | 所以你就… |
[05:35] | Not get drawn into a conversation about aesthetics. | 不要 被拖进审美学角度的讨论 |
[05:38] | Good. Right. | 很好 说得对 |
[05:39] | Okay, take a deep breath. | 好了 做个深呼吸 |
[05:44] | Eli, I am already triple-tasked with this trial as it is. | 伊莱 现在我在这案子上事情很多 |
[05:47] | – I can’t do any more… – I’m not asking. | -我不能再… -我不是请你帮忙 |
[05:49] | This isn’t about work. | 不是工作上的事 |
[05:50] | It’s about you and Peter. | 是你和彼得的事 |
[05:52] | Eli, can we do this later? | 伊莱 这事能迟点说么 |
[05:53] | We’re meeting with Donna Brazile this afternoon. | 今天下午我们要和唐娜·巴兹莉会面 |
[05:56] | She is going to decide if Peter is the keynote speaker | 她要决定彼得能否在民主党大会上 |
[05:58] | at the Democratic Convention. | 作主旨发言 |
[06:02] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[06:03] | Hey, I am a good campaign strategist. | 喂 我可是个很强的竞选经理 |
[06:06] | But I need to know if you’re divorcing Peter. | 但我要知道你是不是打算和彼得离婚 |
[06:10] | Donna Brazile will not agree to the keynote if you are. | 如果是的话 唐娜就不会同意 |
[06:11] | She won’t…? | 她不会? |
[06:13] | Uh, it’s none of her business. | 那跟她无关 |
[06:15] | David Lee says he’s your divorce attorney. | 大卫· 李说他是你的离婚律师 |
[06:17] | Wait. | 等等 |
[06:18] | David Lee said what? | 大卫· 李说什么? |
[06:20] | He said that he is your divorce attorney. | 他说他是你的离婚律师 |
[06:22] | Two weeks ago. | 两周前说的 |
[06:24] | He said that, due to attorney-client privilege, | 他说 根据律师当事人保密特权 |
[06:26] | – he can’t say much. – He can’t say anything. | -他不能多说 -他什么也不能说 |
[06:28] | I know. And I think you know | 我知道 我想你也知道 |
[06:30] | that David Lee is not the greatest respecter of the niceties. | 大卫· 李可没注意到其中的微小差别 |
[06:33] | So… | 所以 |
[06:34] | I just worry that if he tells me, | 我是担心如果他能跟我说 |
[06:37] | he’ll tell more people. | 也会跟其他人说 |
[06:40] | What? | 干嘛 |
[06:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:43] | We’re back to you manipulating me. | 你又试图操纵我了 |
[06:46] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[06:47] | I just thought you should know | 我只是觉得你应该知道 |
[06:49] | what David Lee is saying behind your back. | 大卫· 李在你背后都说了什么 |
[06:52] | I’m just saying, | 我只是说 |
[06:54] | I discussed it with the disciplinary board. | 我和委员会讨论过了 |
[06:56] | Due to the fact that you are a name partner | 由于你还是冠名合伙人 |
[06:58] | and therefore have business interests here, | 所以这里也还有你的商业利益 |
[07:00] | they have allowed you access to your office. | 他们同意你可以来办公室 |
[07:03] | So come back, Little Sheba. | 所以回来吧 小辛巴[狮子王] |
[07:05] | You hear that, Diane? | 你听到没 戴安 |
[07:06] | That’s the sound of chapter five being finished. | 那是我写完第五章的声音 |
[07:09] | A Failure of Principle: War’s Impact on Supreme Court Decisions. | 《原则的失败: 战争对最高法院决策的影响》 |
[07:14] | It sounds like a best seller. | 听起来像本畅销书 |
[07:16] | Why don’t you write your magnum opus here? | 你怎么不来这里完成你的巨作? |
[07:18] | We miss you, Will. | 我们想你 威尔 |
[07:19] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[07:21] | Come by here. | 来这吧 |
[07:22] | It’s quiet here. | 这很安静 |
[07:24] | It’s peaceful. | 很平和 |
[07:25] | Yeah, I’m tempted. | 是啊 我有点动心了 |
[07:26] | We’ll talk. | 回头再聊 |
[07:28] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[07:29] | Okay, one at a time. | 好吧 一个一个来 |
[07:32] | Hey, Willy. Guess who. | 小威 猜猜谁来了 |
[07:35] | I… What are you doing here? | 我 你来这干吗呢 |
[07:37] | Making you feel better! | 来安慰你啊 |
[07:40] | – I heard you got fired. – I didn’t get fired. | -听说你被炒了 -我没被炒 |
[07:42] | So I got on an airplane and I rushed out here. | 所以我就搭上飞机赶紧来这了 |
[07:44] | That’s what sisters do. | 做姐姐的就该这样 |
[07:46] | – And how long are you thinking of… – Of staying? | -那你打算 -待多久? |
[07:49] | Long as it takes to get you back on your feet. | 待到你重振旗鼓为止 |
[08:12] | Diane, do you have a minute? | 戴安 有时间吗 |
[08:14] | I know. We’re all under stress. | 我知道 我们都压力很大 |
[08:15] | – I’m looking for someone to join you in litigation. – No. | -我在给你的法务部物色帮手 -不 |
[08:18] | Uh, well, yes, that’s a part of it. | 是 这只是其中一件事 |
[08:20] | I’m hoping to hire someone in the next two weeks. | 希望能在两周内找得到人 |
[08:22] | Uh, we just have to move | 我们不得不行动起来 |
[08:23] | – for as many continuances as we can. – Yes. | -以保证连续运作 -是的 |
[08:25] | And, uh, fortunately, we haven’t lost any of Will’s clients. | 幸运的是 我们没失去威尔的客户 |
[08:31] | Okay, so that’s part of it? | 所以 这就是你要说的 |
[08:33] | What’s the other part? | 另外要说的是什么 |
[08:35] | Nature abhors a vacuum. | 位子老空着不行 |
[08:38] | So does our letterhead. | 咱们的信纸头衔也不能空 |
[08:40] | I want to replace Will on the letterhead, | 我想取代威尔在信纸上的头衔 |
[08:42] | and I want to take his office. | 我还想要他的办公室 |
[08:46] | Really? | 当真? |
[08:47] | Yes. | 当真 |
[08:48] | I’m taking on half his load, a third of his clients. | 我接了他的一半工作 三分之一的客户 |
[08:51] | And what about Will? | 那威尔怎么办 |
[08:53] | Well, I think it’s just realistic to assume | 我想更现实的想法应该是 |
[08:57] | that when he comes back, he’ll have to struggle | 当他回来时 他得非常努力 |
[09:00] | to reclaim the respect and business of his clients. | 才能赢回他那些客户的生意和尊重 |
[09:04] | So you want to be a name partner. | 所以你想当冠名合伙人 |
[09:06] | I do. | 是的 |
[09:07] | I think I’ve made that clear from the beginning. | 我想我一开始就把这点说清楚了 |
[09:09] | I think this is an opportune moment to make that shift. | 我认为目前是进行交接的最好时机 |
[09:22] | Caitlin, how are you? | 凯特琳 你过得怎么样 |
[09:24] | Hi. Good. How are you? | 挺好 你呢 |
[09:26] | Good. | 挺好 |
[09:28] | I think I’m going to need your help in the next few days. | 接下来几天我可能需要你帮忙 |
[09:31] | Sure– anything you need. | 好 悉听尊便 |
[09:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:50] | But didn’t you want the images | 难道你不想这些图像 |
[09:52] | to have the beauty of your heroes? | 展示出主人公美丽的一面么 |
[09:54] | Martin Scorsese. | 像马丁·斯科塞斯 |
[09:56] | Right? | 对吗 |
[09:57] | That’s what you said in your deposition. | 你取证时是这么说的 |
[10:00] | He did Hugo, right? | 他拍了新片《雨果》 对吧 |
[10:01] | Ah, I loved Hugo. | 我超爱这部片子的 |
[10:04] | Yes, he did do Hugo. | 是的 他的确拍了《雨果》 |
[10:06] | But he also does very violent films that you love. | 但他也拍了非常暴力的影片 你也很喜欢 |
[10:10] | Gang movies. | 黑帮片 |
[10:12] | Yes, he makes gang movies. | 是的 他拍黑帮片 |
[10:13] | And isn’t that what this was about? | 你这片子不也是同样的主旨吗 |
[10:15] | The beauty of violence? | 暴力之美? |
[10:17] | No. | 不 |
[10:19] | Could you extrapolate? | 你能具体说说吗 |
[10:21] | No. | 不能 |
[10:24] | No further questions. | 没有别的问题了 |
[10:30] | Aidan. | 艾登 |
[10:31] | Was your cameraman zooming in on this shot | 是你的摄影师当时拉近了这个镜头 |
[10:34] | instead of keeping Kara from committing suicide? | 而没有去阻止卡拉自杀吗? |
[10:37] | No. There was no cameraman. | 不 没有摄影师 |
[10:39] | We just locked off a camera | 我们只是装了个摄影机在那 |
[10:40] | and digitally fed it to the production office. | 然后影片通过数据传送到制作办公室 |
[10:42] | Well, then, how is it zooming in? | 那这里镜头怎么会拉近的 |
[10:43] | It’s not. I did that in the editing room. | 并没有拉近 我们在剪辑室里做的放大 |
[10:45] | We can digitally make it look like that to imitate a zoom. | 通过数字处理 我们能使它显得像是在拉近 |
[10:48] | – You didn’t want Kara to commit suicide? – No. | -你不想要卡拉自杀 -不想 |
[10:52] | My aunt committed suicide. | 我阿姨就是自杀的 |
[10:55] | I found her dead in our garage when I was eight. | 我8岁时发现她死在我家车库 |
[11:00] | I know what you’re going through. | 我明白你的经历 |
[11:01] | That’s why I wanted to make this movie. | 所以我想拍这部影片 |
[11:04] | To wake people up to the warning signs | 警醒人们注意到 |
[11:06] | that someone in their family might commit suicide. | 家人可能自杀时的警告信号 |
[11:08] | And what did you do when you saw | 当你看到传送过来的资料显示 |
[11:10] | on the digital feed someone intending to jump? | 有人想轻生 你是怎么做的 |
[11:14] | I called 911, of course. | 我打了911报警 当然 |
[11:15] | Objection, Your Honor, | 反对 法官阁下 |
[11:17] | counsel has produced no record of this call. | 辩方尚未提交过有关这个电话的记录 |
[11:18] | It’s not in evidence. | 这个没有被列入证物表 |
[11:20] | Yes, Mrs. Florrick. | 是的 福瑞克太太 |
[11:21] | Ms. Crozier has a good point. | 克罗泽小姐说得对 |
[11:22] | Bring in proof of this 911 call, | 把这个911报警电话的证据带来 |
[11:23] | then you can put it in the record. | 就可列在记录中了 |
[11:25] | The difficulty is, the City erases all 911 calls after 30 days. | 困难在于 911电话记录只保存30天 |
[11:29] | Can you get it from the 911 operator? | 能从911接线员那里获得吗 |
[11:31] | Possibly, but I’m not getting much cooperation | 有可能 但库克县当局那边 |
[11:33] | from Cook County. | 不太合作 |
[11:34] | Even Cary? | 连凯里也不行 |
[11:35] | Especially Cary. | 尤其是凯里 |
[11:38] | I’m not going to talk about my marriage. | 我不打算谈论我的婚姻 |
[11:40] | I know, but if she asks about your marriage, | 我明白 但如果她问及你的婚姻 |
[11:42] | just say every relationship has a few bumps, | 就说每段感情都不免磕磕碰碰 |
[11:43] | but you’re working things out. | 但你们正在想法解决 |
[11:45] | Peter, do you want the keynote? | 彼得 你还想作主旨发言吗 |
[11:47] | I want to not sound like an idiot. | 我不想显得像个白痴 |
[11:48] | Well, put it into your own words, then, but be vague. | 好 用你自己的话说 但尽量含糊其词 |
[11:51] | I’m not gonna lie. | 我不打算撒谎 |
[11:52] | It’s not lying. | 这不是撒谎 |
[11:53] | Aren’t you working things out? | 你们解决了吗 |
[11:55] | I don’t know what we’re doing. | 我不知道我们在干吗 |
[11:56] | That’s working things out. | 那就是正在解决中 |
[11:58] | Mr. Florrick, how are you? | 福瑞克先生 你好吗 |
[12:00] | – Ms. Brazile, it’s a pleasure. – Call me Donna. | -巴兹莉女士 见到你很高兴 -叫我唐娜 |
[12:02] | Donna, I respect you mightily. | 唐娜 久仰大名 |
[12:04] | Oh, come on, you do not. | 行了 别客套了 |
[12:06] | I’m just a pain in the ass. | 我就像是屁股上的痔疮 |
[12:09] | Well, I respect pains in the ass the most. | 那我最敬重痔疮一样的人物了 |
[12:11] | Speaking of Eli, hello, Eli. | 说到伊莱 你好啊 |
[12:13] | Yes, sure, make me the butt of your jokes. | 谢谢 就当我是笑话里面的屁股吧 |
[12:15] | So, Donna, | 我直说了 唐娜 |
[12:16] | I want the keynote. | 我要做那个演讲 |
[12:18] | What do I have to do to get it? | 要怎样才能给我 |
[12:20] | Impress me. | 让我信服 |
[12:22] | Why do you want it? | 你为何想做演讲 |
[12:23] | I want to talk about a country that gives second chances. | 我要谈谈这个给人第二次机会的国家 |
[12:26] | It gave me a second chance to do some good. | 它给了我重新来过 造福社会的机会 |
[12:31] | I had to tell him I’ll announce when I’m ready to. | 我得告诉他 我准备好时就会宣布 |
[12:33] | Why do people not like him? | 为何会大家不喜欢他 |
[12:35] | Peter? People like Peter. | 彼得吗 大家都喜欢彼得 |
[12:37] | I called around to check up on him, | 我打过电话 询问别人的意见 |
[12:39] | no one speaks up for him. | 没有人推举他 |
[12:41] | – Depends on who you call. – No, it doesn’t. | -看你打给谁了 -不管是谁 |
[12:42] | I called his supporters, or I thought they were his supporters. | 我询问的是他的支持者 至少我认为是 |
[12:46] | – Who? – I’m not doing your job for you, Eli. | -是谁 -这可是你的工作 伊莱 |
[12:48] | Help me out. | 帮我就是帮你 |
[12:49] | I want him to speak at the convention, | 我希望由他在会议上做演讲 |
[12:52] | but you need to get some people to support him. | 但你得找到人支持他才行 |
[12:55] | Support breeds support. | 这样会带来更多的支持 |
[13:02] | We should start our own music group. | 我们应该成立个乐队 |
[13:04] | A brother and sister group. | 姐弟二人组 |
[13:06] | You don’t like being a lawyer anyway. | 反正你也不喜欢当律师 |
[13:08] | What are you talking about? Yeah, I do. | 你瞎说什么 我喜欢 |
[13:09] | No, you don’t; you never did. | 不 你不喜欢 从来没有 |
[13:11] | You only did it ’cause Dad wanted you to. | 你从事这行只是因为老爸希望如此 |
[13:13] | I did it because it was a smart thing to do. | 我当律师是因为这是明智之举 |
[13:14] | So, you did it; now do something else. | 好吧 你做过律师了 现在该换换了 |
[13:15] | You know I have a big firm now? | 你知道我有家大型事务所吧 |
[13:17] | Now, I know you guys think I’m just some schmuck in Chicago, | 我知道你们认为我只是芝加哥的一个蠢蛋 |
[13:19] | but I have 300 employees waiting on my word. | 但我有三百个员工听我调遣 |
[13:22] | Sounds great. | 听着不错 |
[13:25] | I swear, I could win the Nobel Prize, | 我敢保证 即便我得了诺贝尔奖 |
[13:27] | and you’d still think I gave up my calling. | 你还是认为我放弃了人生的追求 |
[13:33] | You didn’t call Sara, did you? | 你没告诉萨拉吧 |
[13:34] | Sara, our sister? | 萨拉 我们的姐姐吗 |
[13:36] | – Why would I call her? – You did. | -我干嘛要打给她 -你真告诉她了 |
[13:37] | – I didn’t. – Come on, Aubrey. | -我没有 -得了吧 奥布丽 |
[13:39] | I got work to do around here. | 我还有正事要干 |
[13:40] | She’ll just boss me around. | 她只会颐指气使 |
[13:41] | I did not call her. | 我没打给她 |
[13:45] | Okay, I did. | 好吧 我打了 |
[13:47] | But I knew if I didn’t, | 但我知道如果我没这么做 |
[13:49] | she’d kill me. | 她非得杀了我 |
[13:51] | When is she arriving? | 她什么时候到 |
[13:53] | Her flight, in about an hour. | 飞机一个小时后到 |
[13:54] | I told her you’d pick her up. | 我告诉她你会去接她 |
[13:58] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:00] | Hey, it’s me; I’m just checking in. | 是我 我只是问问你怎么样 |
[14:02] | Hi, how’s it going? | 你怎么样 |
[14:03] | Good. Our client did well on the stand. | 不错 当事人出庭表现很好 |
[14:05] | Thanks for the advice. | 谢谢你的建议 |
[14:06] | – No problem. – Who’s that? | -不客气 -是谁的电话 |
[14:08] | You’ve got your sweet voice on. | 你的声音变得好温柔啊 |
[14:09] | Shh, I do not. | 嘘 我才没有 |
[14:10] | Yes, you do. | 你有 |
[14:11] | I, um… | 我… |
[14:12] | Will, I just wanted to ask… | 威尔 我只是想问… |
[14:15] | I think they’re putting the editor on next. | 我认为他们的下个证人是编辑 |
[14:17] | You think it’s an easy objection? | 他很容易被驳倒吗 |
[14:19] | Tyler v. Hasserbach. It’s a cinch. | 引用泰勒诉海瑟巴赫的案例 稳赢的 |
[14:21] | Okay, thanks, bye. | 好的 谢谢 拜拜 |
[14:24] | So, you edit this stuff together? | 是你剪辑出成品的吗 |
[14:26] | – The film? – Yes, uh, with the director. | -这部影片 -是的 与导演一起 |
[14:28] | We place the music where it is, | 我们加上背景音乐 |
[14:31] | and we also manipulate the images. | 并对图像做了处理 |
[14:33] | So, can you tell us how some of the images were manipulated? | 你能告诉我们图像是怎么处理的吗 |
[14:35] | Objection, Your Honor, relevance? | 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[14:37] | The images were manipulated to romanticize suicide. | 影片被处理过 以将自杀浪漫化 |
[14:41] | Even if what Ms. Crozier is saying is true, Your Honor… | 即便克罗泽小姐说得对 法官阁下… |
[14:43] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[14:44] | The images were the result of Kara’s suicide, not the cause. | 这些镜头是卡拉自杀的结果 并非原因 |
[14:48] | – Tyler v. Hasserbach. – Yes, except | -泰勒诉海瑟巴赫案 -是的 不过 |
[14:51] | for the YouTube promo put on the Internet by your client. | YouTube上你们的宣传片就不是这样了 |
[14:53] | Why don’t we let this go on a bit, Mrs. Florrick? | 我们为何不先听听看 福瑞克夫人 |
[14:55] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[14:57] | So, during the editing, did Mr. Stoddard | 在剪辑中 斯托达德先生 |
[14:58] | ever voice concern about the project? | 有没有对此项目表示过担心 |
[15:00] | Yes, uh, he was afraid | 是的 他担心 |
[15:02] | there wasn’t enough footage from the suicide bridge. | 不能从桥上获得足够的影像 |
[15:04] | There’s usually 15 suicides a year from that bridge. | 一般每年有15人在那座桥上自杀 |
[15:08] | Uh, he had his cameras up for nine months, | 他将摄影机架设了九个月 |
[15:10] | but there was only one. | 但只拍到了一个 |
[15:12] | This one. | 这个人吗 |
[15:13] | Yes, Cynthia Caracetti. | 是的 辛西娅·凯拉莘蒂 |
[15:15] | So, Mr. Stoddard decided to | 而后斯托达德先生决定 |
[15:17] | create a YouTube video? | 制作一段YouTube视频 |
[15:19] | Yes, to gain attention, that’s what he said. | 是的 以引起关注 这是他的原话 |
[15:22] | I needed financing, that’s all. | 我需要资金 就这么简单 |
[15:24] | So, how did you manipulate the image | 这个年轻女士自杀的图像 |
[15:26] | of this young woman committing suicide? | 你们做了哪些处理 |
[15:28] | We digitally enhanced the sky, | 通过数字手段 我们加深了天空的颜色 |
[15:31] | making it softer, bluer. | 使其变得更柔和 更蓝 |
[15:33] | Those clouds were added, and we, uh, | 云朵是加上去的 我们还… |
[15:35] | added some greenery to the trees. | 给树木加上了树叶 |
[15:38] | I see. Is this the original image? | 明白了 这是原镜头吗 |
[15:40] | Yes, oh, and, uh, we added mist to the waterfall. | 是的 对了 我们还给瀑布添了水雾 |
[15:43] | Excuse me, that’s what filmmakers do, beautify. | 打断一下 但电影人都这么做 美化镜头 |
[15:46] | Mr. Stoddard, that’s enough, please. | 斯托达德先生 请注意秩序 |
[15:48] | Thank you, Your Honor. Now, let’s discuss the music. | 谢谢 法官阁下 我们谈谈音乐 |
[15:50] | How did Mr. Stoddard choose the music? | 斯托达德先生是怎么选择音乐的 |
[15:53] | Aidan wanted the most romantic and sad music possible. | 艾登想用最浪漫最伤感的音乐 |
[15:57] | And how many songs did you try against it? | 你建议过多少首不同的歌 |
[15:59] | I don’t know, uh, 30. | 记不清了 有30首吧 |
[16:00] | We tried the Celine Dion song “My Heart Will Go On.” | 我们想用席琳·迪翁的《我心永恒》 |
[16:04] | But it was too expensive. | 但版权太贵了 |
[16:06] | And after the YouTube video | 在你们把视频 |
[16:07] | was posted on the Internet, | 发布到网上后 |
[16:09] | how many suicides were there? | 那里发生了多少起自杀 |
[16:10] | Our cameras caught five in the next two months. | 摄像机在接下来两个月拍到了五个 |
[16:14] | Come on, Horton. | 得了吧 霍顿 |
[16:15] | I’m not saying I did. I’m not saying I didn’t. | 我可没承认 也没有否认 |
[16:17] | Which means you did. | 那你就是承认了 |
[16:20] | Donna Brazile called me. | 唐娜·巴兹莉打给我过 |
[16:21] | I was honest. | 我是实话实说 |
[16:23] | I used to like Peter, but I think he’s lost his way. | 我以前很喜欢彼得 但他迷失了方向 |
[16:25] | How has he lost his way? | 他怎么迷失方向了 |
[16:27] | He thinks he can go it on his own, so be my guest. | 他认为一切靠他自己就行 悉听尊便 |
[16:29] | Meaning he didn’t offer you a position | 你是指他没在州检察官办公室里 |
[16:31] | in the state’s attorney’s office. | 给你留个职位 |
[16:32] | He didn’t offer me anything. | 他什么都没给我 |
[16:35] | It’s a bad economy. | 经济并不景气 |
[16:36] | I had to accept a job at a think tank. | 我只能在智库混口饭 |
[16:39] | It isn’t just me. | 并非只有我如此 |
[16:40] | There are people that got Peter Florrick elected, | 很多人帮彼得·福瑞克竞选成功 |
[16:43] | and he didn’t return the favor. | 他却不知回报 |
[16:44] | He’s trying to run a clean office, Horton. | 他是想清清白白做事 霍顿 |
[16:46] | He’s basing hiring on merit. | 以能力为雇佣标准 |
[16:49] | Well, that’s how you offend a friend, isn’t it? | 你这么说真是让朋友心寒 不是吗 |
[16:51] | I guess I don’t merit. | 是说我能力不够吗 |
[16:53] | They call it patronage for a reason, Eli. | 所谓赞助并不是无偿的 伊莱 |
[16:56] | You want a favor, | 你需要我帮忙 |
[16:57] | you want me to praise Peter to Donna Brazile, | 希望我在唐娜·巴兹莉面前支持彼得 |
[17:00] | I want a job. | 我需要一份工作 |
[17:09] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 |
[17:10] | You needed me? | 你找我吗 |
[17:11] | Yes, Caitlin, you know how we’re all short-handed | 是的 凯特琳 你知道加德纳先生离职 |
[17:14] | around here with Mr. Gardner out | 大家分担他的案子 |
[17:15] | and everyone picking up the slack? | 人手有些不够 |
[17:17] | Yes, how is Mr. Gardner? He’s good. | -加德纳先生怎么样 -他很好 |
[17:18] | Um, you’re up on the Aidan Stoddard case? | 你在参与艾登·斯托达德的案子 |
[17:20] | I am, I think it’s fascinating. Good. | -是的 我觉得这案子很吸引人 -很好 |
[17:23] | I need you in court today. | 我需要你今天上庭 |
[17:24] | In what capacity? | 做什么 |
[17:26] | Cross-examination. | 交叉质询 |
[17:28] | Mrs. Florrick, I… | 福瑞克太太 我… |
[17:31] | This will be my first time. | 这是我第一次 |
[17:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:33] | You did well in arbitration, | 你在仲裁案中表现很好 |
[17:35] | and everyone needs a first time. | 每个人都有第一次的 |
[17:36] | Caitlin, you can do this, believe me. | 凯特琳 相信我 你能行 |
[17:42] | Okay, if that’s what you want. | 好的 如果你希望的话 |
[17:43] | No, I think it’s a good idea. | 不 我觉得这是个好主意 |
[17:45] | Is she ready for court? | 她准备好出庭了吗 |
[17:46] | You don’t put fruit in the refrigerator, Will. | 不要把水果放在冰箱里 威尔 |
[17:49] | You just buy new fruit. | 要买新鲜水果 |
[17:51] | Good, the key is getting the Facebook evidence in. | 很好 关键是要把脸谱网上的证据用上 |
[17:54] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:56] | Who was that? | 谁啊 |
[17:57] | Someone from work. | 工作上的人 |
[17:58] | Am I gonna recognize my kitchen when you’re done, Sara? | 你弄完后我还认得出我的厨房吗 萨拉 |
[18:00] | I hope not. | 我希望不 |
[18:01] | That’s why we put coffee filters by the coffee. | 所以我们要把咖啡滤纸放在咖啡机旁边 |
[18:03] | Doesn’t that make sense? | 这样才有道理嘛 |
[18:04] | Problem is, he needs a girlfriend. | 问题在于 他得有个女朋友 |
[18:05] | Did you even try to fight the suspension, Will? | 你有没有努力争取过免除这次停职 威尔 |
[18:08] | Did you? Wasn’t something you fought. | -有吗 -这不是能争取来的 |
[18:09] | Where has the beer been reorganized? | 啤酒都放哪儿了 |
[18:11] | I could have Roger make a call. | 我可以让罗杰托托关系 |
[18:12] | Sara, your husband’s a port master. | 萨拉 你老公是港口管理员 |
[18:14] | Will’s not trying to locate a boat. | 威尔又不是要给游艇找泊位 |
[18:16] | He knows people, that’s all I’m saying. | 他认识人啊 |
[18:17] | And it’s better than sitting around all day, playing guitar. | 怎么也比呆坐着弹吉他强吧 |
[18:19] | Maybe you should get another job. | 也许你该另找份工作 |
[18:22] | You guys do know my firm has $38 million in yearly assets, right? | 你们知道我的律所年营业额3800万美元吗 |
[18:25] | Roger could call his friend at the Bar Association. | 罗杰可以给他律师委员会的朋友打电话 |
[18:27] | He knows people. | 他上面有人 |
[18:28] | You know, I’m fine. I have money… Or | -我很好 我有钱 -或者 |
[18:30] | maybe he could refer you to someone to get another job. | 他可以走走后门帮你另找个工作 |
[18:32] | I just said that. | 我才说过 |
[18:33] | Why do you always take what I say and repeat ? | 你怎么老是重复我说的话 |
[18:36] | It doesn’mamatter who said it; it’s if it’s true. | 谁说的并不重要 关键这是事实 |
[18:38] | Yeah, but I said it. | 是啊 不过这是我说的 |
[18:39] | Ok, I’m gonna go over here | 好吧 我要去那里 |
[18:42] | and talk to myself.. | 自言自语 |
[18:44] | Wait, what about a girlfriend?? | 慢着 女朋友呢 |
[18:45] | Why aren’t you seeing someone? | 你怎么不去交个女友 |
[18:47] | He is– the woman on the phone. | 他有 电话上的那个 |
[18:49] | – Who’s she? – Some lawyer. | -她是谁 -什么律师 |
[18:51] | It makes him u uet when we talk about it. | 我们谈起的时候他会心烦 |
[18:53] | Does it, Will? Who is she? | 是吗 威尔 她是谁 |
[18:56] | How long are you two staying? | 你们俩准备待多久 |
[18:58] | Where’s your yearbook? | 你的毕业纪念册呢 |
[19:00] | There were some girls in high school, remember? | 高中里有几个女生的 还记得吗 |
[19:02] | No, he likes younger women. | 不可能 他喜欢年轻女人 |
[19:04] | Your Honor, not only is this facebook page irrelevant, | 法官阁下 这脸谱网页面不仅与本案无关 |
[19:07] | but it’s a bit of a desecration of poor Kara | 用在法庭上也是对可怜的卡拉的 |
[19:09] | to use it in court. | 一种亵渎 |
[19:13] | Your Honor, I think I need your help. | 法官阁下 我想请教一下 |
[19:15] | With what, Miss…? | 怎么了 您是? |
[19:16] | D’Arcy. | 达希 |
[19:18] | I don’t understand how this evidence pertaining | 我不明白 既然这份证据 |
[19:20] | to the cause of Kara’s suicide can be irrelevant | 与卡拉自杀的原因有关 |
[19:23] | when that’s what the plaintiff is suing us for. | 而原告正是控告我们是自杀的原因 |
[19:25] | for being that cause. | 那这怎么会无关 |
[19:26] | But that’s not what this is. | 但这不是 |
[19:27] | This is Kara’s Facebook page, | 这是卡拉的脸谱网主页 |
[19:29] | and to make it seem… | 而且看上去像… |
[19:30] | Like her thoughts just before she died… | 像她在去世之前的想法 |
[19:32] | No. | 不 |
[19:35] | That’s not what I was saying. | 我说的不是这个 |
[19:36] | I’m sorry, I interrupted. | 很抱歉 打断你了 |
[19:37] | Yes, you did, I’m… If I could continue… | 是的 如果能继续的话 |
[19:41] | It’s a desecration. | 这是对死者的亵渎 |
[19:42] | Yes, you said that. | 是的 你说过了 |
[19:49] | Nicely done. | 干得漂亮 |
[19:50] | You take the questioning. | 你来提问 |
[19:52] | She doesn’t like me, does she? | 她不喜欢我 对吧 |
[19:54] | Not one bit. | 一点也不 |
[20:01] | We started going out two years ago. | 我们两年前开始约会的 |
[20:03] | And you were her tutor before that? | 在那之前你是她的家庭教师? |
[20:04] | Yes, and after that, every Tuesday and Thursday. | 是的 之后还是 每周二和周四 |
[20:07] | Now, you claimed in your testimony, | 你在证词中说 |
[20:08] | um, that… | 那个… |
[20:13] | One second. | 稍等 |
[20:16] | Go right for the YouTube. | 直接问YouTube的事 |
[20:21] | Sorry about that, Your Honor. | 我很抱歉 法官阁下 |
[20:22] | My first time in court. | 我第一次上庭 |
[20:23] | Objection. | 我反对 |
[20:24] | Your Honor, do we really need the personal touch? | 法官阁下 难道我们还需要建立私交吗 |
[20:27] | No, you’re right, sustained. | 你说的对 反对有效 |
[20:28] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[20:30] | Just nervous. | 就是有点紧张 |
[20:31] | – You’re doing fine. – Thank you. | -你做得很好 -谢谢 |
[20:32] | Now, Derek, you claimed | 德里克 你提到 |
[20:35] | that Kara didn’t consider suicide | 卡拉在看到我客户那则 |
[20:37] | until after she saw my client’s YouTube preview of the suicide. | 有关自杀的预告片之前从没想过要自杀 |
[20:40] | Yeah, that’s right. It was right around then. | 对 这就是她自杀前的事 |
[20:42] | Good. | 很好 |
[20:43] | Do you recognize this? | 你认识这个吗 |
[20:46] | Yes, that’s Kara’s Facebook page. | 是的 这是卡拉的脸谱网页面 |
[20:48] | Could you read the quote she posted? | 你能念一下她发布的留言吗 |
[20:50] | “Down in the graveyard, they’re all quiet, | “坟墓之中 寂静无声 |
[20:53] | and the women have got to hold their tongues.” | 妇人们不再嚼舌根” |
[20:55] | Right. | 对 |
[20:56] | What’s that from? | 这话引自哪里 |
[20:57] | Ethan Frome. | 《伊坦·弗洛美》 |
[20:58] | Which is a novel about hopeless lovers | 这是本讲述绝望的情人 |
[21:00] | who resort to suicide? | 最终自杀的小说对吗 |
[21:01] | Yes. And she added this to her Facebook page | -是的 -她是在看过那段视频6个月之前 |
[21:04] | six months before she saw the YouTube video? | 在她的脸谱网主页上写下这段话的对吗 |
[21:06] | Objection. | 我反对 |
[21:08] | Your Honor, is Miss D’Arcy really trying to blame a novel? | 法官阁下 达希小姐是在怪罪一本小说吗 |
[21:10] | Seems to make about as much sense as blaming a video. | 貌似跟怪罪一则视频差不多 |
[21:12] | Well, I see both your points. | 我明白你们的意思 |
[21:16] | But I’m going to have to overrule that objection. | 但这次反对不成立 |
[21:18] | And five months before seeing the YouTube video, | 在她看过这段视频5个月前 |
[21:22] | what did she write on her Facebook page there? | 她在脸谱网上又写了什么呢 |
[21:24] | “For her life, which will be so much happier without me.” | “在她的生命中 没有我将会更幸福” |
[21:27] | And that’s from Kurt Cobain’s suicide note, isn’t it? | 这是科特·柯本的自杀遗书 对吗 |
[21:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:30] | And, finally– | 最后 |
[21:31] | this is three months before seeing the YouTube video– | 这是在看过视频之前3个月的留言 |
[21:34] | could you read that? | 你能读一下吗 |
[21:39] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[21:40] | I’ll read it. | 我来读 |
[21:43] | “Every time you leave me, | “你每次离我而去 |
[21:45] | you push me closer to the edge.” | 都是在把我往绝路上推” |
[21:48] | And that’s under a photo of you, isn’t it? | 上面是张你的照片 对吧 |
[21:50] | She took it down right after she wrote it. | 她写完之后就删掉了 |
[21:52] | Wouldn’t you say that reflected suicidal tendencies? | 你依然不认为那是自杀倾向吗 |
[21:55] | No, she talked, she always talked, | 不 她老是在说 她一直在说 |
[21:57] | but she didn’t really want to do it until she watched his video. | 但她在看过视频之前从来没有想真的自杀 |
[21:59] | She played it over and over. | 她放了一遍又一遍 |
[22:00] | Just as she read Ethan Frome over and over? | 正如她看了《伊坦·弗洛美》一遍又一遍? |
[22:03] | That’s not the same thing. Why isn’t it? | -那不是一回事 -怎么说 |
[22:04] | One’s a book, and one’s a video. | 一个是书 一个是视频 |
[22:05] | I don’t know. It’s just different. | 我不知道 就是不一样 |
[22:07] | Derek, you and Kara were supposed | 德里克 在她死之前 |
[22:09] | to go out the weekend before she died,weren’t you? | 你跟卡拉本来计划一起去度周末的 对吗 |
[22:11] | What happened? What do you mean? | -发生了什么事 -你是指什么 |
[22:13] | I mean, you didn’t go out, did you? Why? | 我是说你没去 对吗 为什么 |
[22:15] | I was busy. I didn’t even speak to her that weekend. | 我很忙 我那个周末连话都没跟她说 |
[22:17] | Because you were actually on a last-minute skiing trip | 因为你在最后时刻决定跟朋友去滑雪了 |
[22:19] | with friends, weren’t you? | 是吗 |
[22:20] | That has nothing to do with this. Nothing. | 那跟这事毫无关系 |
[22:21] | She knew I was going. Really? | 她知道我要去 是吗 |
[22:22] | “Every time you leave me, | 每次你的离去 |
[22:24] | you push me closer to the edge.” | 都使我离边缘更近一步 |
[22:25] | I did not cause this. | 这不是我造成的 |
[22:26] | Thank you. No further questions. | 谢谢 我问完了 |
[22:33] | Wow, that was amazing, Caitlin. | 表现相当出色 凯特琳 |
[22:36] | Thank you, Ms. Lockhart. | 谢谢您 洛克哈特女士 |
[22:37] | We’ll have to talk. | 回头我们谈谈 |
[22:49] | Then be clean. I’m not telling you how to run your office. | 那就廉洁好了 我不干涉你对州检办的管理 |
[22:52] | You are telling me how to run my office | 如果你要我雇一个不能胜任的人 |
[22:54] | if you’re telling me to hire someone that’s inadequate. | 你就是在干涉我 |
[22:55] | He’s not inadequate. | 他怎么会不能胜任 |
[22:56] | Horton Baker is one of the best lawyers in town. | 霍顿·贝克是全市最棒的律师之一 |
[22:58] | Horton Baker is a friend of mine. | 霍顿·贝克是我的朋友 |
[22:59] | I told you that I wasn’t hiring any friends. | 我说过不会雇佣任何朋友 |
[23:01] | Do you see how crazy this is? | 你明白这有多疯狂吗 |
[23:03] | Your friends get penalized, your enemies get promotions. | 排除同道 提拔异己 |
[23:06] | Eli, we have to make a separation between what | 伊莱 我们必须在各自的工作范围间 |
[23:08] | you do and what I do. I have to run this office. | 划清界限 我负责管理州检办 |
[23:10] | You have to get me elected. | 你负责让我当选州长 |
[23:11] | And I can’t do that, Peter. | 这我办不到 彼得 |
[23:16] | That’s why I’m coming to you. I can’t do it. | 这也是我来找你的原因 我办不到 |
[23:18] | You’re not getting the keynote. | 你得不到主旨发言的机会了 |
[23:21] | Why? I thought that was a good meeting. | 怎么会 上次见面谈得不错啊 |
[23:24] | It was a good meeting. | 是谈得不错 |
[23:25] | Donna Brazile likes you, but your friends… | 唐娜·巴兹莉喜欢你 但你那些朋友 |
[23:30] | …are speaking ill of you. | 却在说你的坏话 |
[23:35] | There’s still a chance of a convention spot earlier in the week. | 这周初还有一个谈话节目的机会 |
[23:42] | Prime time? | 黄金时段吗 |
[23:44] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[23:46] | You need friends, Peter. | 你需要朋友 彼得 |
[23:48] | You need people to call up on your behalf. | 你需要有人替你说话 |
[23:50] | It’s not unclean to offer patronage. | 为朋友谋职不算腐败 |
[23:52] | It’s the way things are done. | 世道如此 |
[23:53] | It’s the way things have always been done. | 世道一向如此 |
[23:55] | I get it. Thanks, Eli. | 我明白了 谢谢 伊莱 |
[24:02] | Peter, if you’re not taking the governorship seriously, | 彼得 要是你不把竞选州长当回事 |
[24:05] | I need time to plan my future. | 提前告诉我 我好早做打算 |
[24:11] | How much time? | 要提前多久 |
[24:14] | All 911 calls are erased. | 所以911通话记录都被清除了 |
[24:17] | After 30 days. Yes, I know that. | 超过30天就清除 这我知道 |
[24:19] | But your office is prosecuting a robbery | 但你们州检办起诉了同一晚发生 |
[24:21] | that happened that same night. | 的一起抢劫案 |
[24:22] | So the tape was preserved. | 所以那份录音带保存下来了 |
[24:24] | So send a subpoena. You know the drill. | 那就发传票吧 流程你懂的 |
[24:27] | You’ll have it in a few weeks. | 过个几周你就能拿到了 |
[24:28] | I need it today. | 我今天就得要 |
[24:30] | Cary? | 凯里 |
[24:32] | Cary, Cary, the tape? | 凯里 凯里 录音带 |
[24:34] | I’ll look into it. | 我会找找看 |
[25:19] | I think I see a man on Glenhurst Bridge | 我看见一个男人在格伦赫斯特大桥上 |
[25:22] | and he’s about to jump. Please hurry. | 他想跳下去 请快点来 |
[25:25] | It took them 42 minutes to send a patrol car? | 他们花了42分钟才派来一辆巡逻车吗 |
[25:29] | And I discovered that it takes the police 48 minutes, | 而且我发现警方平均要花48分钟 |
[25:33] | on average, to respond to a call. | 才对一通紧急电话做出回应 |
[25:35] | And the suicide hotline phones on the bridge are out of order. | 桥上的自杀救助热线电话也坏了 |
[25:38] | We can implead the City. | 我们可以起诉政府 |
[25:40] | Make them our codefendants. | 让他们成为我们的共同被告 |
[25:41] | And give them an incentive to move faster on the 911 call. | 也好激励他们迅速回应紧急电话 |
[25:44] | – Good work. – Thanks. | -干得好 -谢谢 |
[25:46] | One more thing. | 还有件事 |
[25:48] | I’ve been reassigned your tax case. | 你那件税务案分给我了 |
[25:52] | The one Will was handling. | 威尔之前在办那件 |
[25:53] | The IRS is claiming that the businesses you reported | 税务局称你申报个人收入的 |
[25:57] | receiving income from don’t exist. | 业务不存在 |
[26:00] | Well, they’re wrong. | 他们搞错了 |
[26:01] | You have proof? | 你有证据吗 |
[26:02] | Yeah, what’s up? | 找我什么事 |
[26:03] | Oh, I just had a question. | 我有个问题想问你 |
[26:05] | – Okay. – I can get proof. | -好的 -我能找到证据 |
[26:07] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[26:13] | I’ve been looking over my priorities for the year, David, | 我刚回顾了自己这一年的首要任务 大卫 |
[26:16] | and I wanted to thank you for setting up my children’s trusts, | 我想谢谢你帮我设立的子女信托基金 |
[26:21] | but I won’t need any more help. | 但我不再需要其他帮助了 |
[26:30] | You’re dismissing me? | 你想打发掉我吗 |
[26:31] | No. I’ve decided not to divorce. | 不 我决定不离婚了 |
[26:33] | Really? | 是吗 |
[26:35] | It’s a bad time. | 现在时机不合适 |
[26:37] | Well, I can wait till it’s a good time. | 我可以等到时机成熟时 |
[26:40] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢你 |
[26:43] | I’ve decided to go another way. | 我决定维持婚姻关系 |
[26:47] | Sure. Why not? | 不客气 没问题 |
[26:49] | Whatever you want. | 你想怎样都行 |
[26:51] | The customer’s always right, huh? | 顾客永远是对的 |
[26:52] | Thank you, David, for all your hard… | 谢谢你 大卫 一直尽心 |
[26:54] | Alicia, look at me. | 艾丽西娅 看着我 |
[26:57] | I don’t give a damn. | 我无所谓的 |
[27:13] | Will is gone, | 威尔走了 |
[27:14] | and Diane is alone at the top. | 戴安独揽大权 |
[27:16] | And that’s bad? | 那不好吗 |
[27:18] | That’s an imbalance. | 那就失衡了 |
[27:19] | This firm needs two at the top. | 律所高层需要两个人分庭抗礼 |
[27:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:23] | Because Diane is an ideologue. | 因为戴安是个理想主义者 |
[27:25] | She pursues cases that cost us money | 她总是倒贴钱地去承办一些案件 |
[27:27] | because they are “Right,” Not because they’re worthy. | 仅仅因为它们符合正义 而不是有价值 |
[27:35] | So, you’re looking to me | 所以你想让我 |
[27:38] | to support you in a vote to replace Will? | 在接替威尔人选的投票中支持你吗 |
[27:40] | Yes. And in turn, I will support you. | 是的 而作为回报 我将来也会支持你 |
[27:43] | In what? | 在哪方面 |
[27:44] | In any way you want. | 你想哪方面都行 |
[27:46] | You and David Lee don’t like each other. | 你和大卫·李互相看不顺眼 |
[27:48] | I don’t think that has anything to do with this. | 我觉得跟这事没关系 |
[27:51] | Sure, you get enough votes together, | 当然 你拉足选票 |
[27:56] | I’ll support you. | 我会支持你 |
[27:58] | Good. Thank you, Eli. | 很好 谢谢你 伊莱 |
[28:05] | Let’s just keep this between you and I, okay? | 这事保密 好吗 |
[28:08] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[28:15] | Keep me in touch on this, Julius. | 这事有进展就告诉我 朱利叶斯 |
[28:24] | You want a magazine or something? | 你要来本杂志什么的吗 |
[28:28] | Who was that lacrosse player you dated senior year? | 你高三那年约会的那个长曲棍球选手叫什么 |
[28:31] | Jane something. | 简什么的 |
[28:32] | Jane Trout? Why? | 简·特劳特吗 怎么了 |
[28:34] | Just seeing what Jane Trout is up to these days. | 看看简·特劳特最近怎么样了 |
[28:37] | Are you trying to find all of my exes online? | 你想在网上把我所有前女友都找出来吗 |
[28:39] | Oh, look, she still lives in Chicago. | 瞧 她还住在芝加哥 |
[28:41] | Didn’t you give her your class ring? | 你不是把你的班级戒指送给她了吗 |
[28:42] | I didn’t give her my class ring. | 我没有送给她 |
[28:44] | She stole it. She was a kleptomaniac. | 她偷去的 她有盗窃癖 |
[28:46] | Why don’t we look up someone for you, Aubrey? | 为什么不查查你的前男友呢 奥布丽 |
[28:47] | Because I’m a committed Buddhist. | 因为我是虔诚的佛教徒 |
[28:50] | You are not. You’re making things up. | 你才不是呢 你就编吧 |
[28:51] | And since when have Buddhists been unable to date? | 几时起信佛的不能约会了 |
[28:54] | See how he did that? | 你看出他的招数没 |
[28:56] | – He changed the conversation to me? – She’s right. | -他往我身上转移话题 -没错 |
[28:58] | How’s your job going, Sara? | 你的工作怎么样 萨拉 |
[29:00] | – Oh, no, no. – Here’s the thing. | -别来这套 -这么跟你们说吧 |
[29:01] | I’m taking a break: from the law, from dating, | 我要休息一阵 没有法律 没有约会 |
[29:05] | from even thinking about dating. | 甚至不去想关于约会的事情 |
[29:06] | I like not thinking… just for a moment. | 我喜欢一阵子放空的感觉 |
[29:12] | She’s cute. | 这个漂亮 |
[29:13] | Go for it. | 那你上啊 |
[29:14] | I promise not to tell your husband. | 我保证不告诉你老公 |
[29:18] | So who was this woman on the phone? | 打电话来的这个女人是谁 |
[29:20] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[29:21] | Someone on the suicide case. | 一个在办自杀案件的 |
[29:26] | Yes, sir? | 什么事 长官 |
[29:28] | Yeah, uh, so we need to make room for a new ASA. | 我们要给一个新来的助理检察官腾个地方 |
[29:34] | I didn’t know we were hiring. | 我还不知道要招新人 |
[29:36] | We weren’t, but now we are. | 之前没计划 现在开始了 |
[29:38] | We need some new blood in this place. | 我们需要注入些新鲜血液 |
[29:40] | I’ll put out some feelers. | 我去找些人接触一下 |
[29:42] | No, no, no. I’ve already hired someone. | 不 不用 我已经雇了人来 |
[29:44] | Horton Baker. | 霍顿·贝克 |
[29:47] | I see. | 明白了 |
[29:50] | You see? | 明白什么 |
[29:52] | I see you needed to hire someone. | 明白你需要雇人来 |
[29:55] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[29:57] | What department? | 去哪个部门 |
[29:59] | Head of felony review. | 做重罪科主管 |
[30:05] | And, sir, do you want any consultation on any of this? | 要征求一下意见吗 |
[30:08] | No, I don’t want any consultation. | 不 我不需要什么意见 |
[30:11] | I just want you to do it. | 你把这事办了就行 |
[30:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:18] | ASA Pine is the current head of felony review. | 助理检察官派恩现在是重罪科的头 |
[30:20] | I’ll have to move her out. | 我得给她挪个地方 |
[30:22] | Move her out. | 那就给她挪个地方 |
[30:26] | I’m on it. | 这就去办 |
[30:33] | Your Honor, the defense is just trying to shift blame. | 法官大人 被告是想推卸责任 |
[30:36] | Yes, to the guilty party. | 对 推给真正的责任者 |
[30:38] | It was the City’s negligence that was responsible. | 这是市政府的疏忽 |
[30:41] | All we ask is that | 我们要求的只是 |
[30:42] | they be made a third-party defendant in our suit. | 他们作为第三方出庭 |
[30:44] | Because of a broken hotline phone? | 因为报警电话坏了吗 |
[30:45] | And their delayed 911 response time. | 还因为他们急救反应时间太长了 |
[30:48] | Here are the timelines from five separate incidents. | 这是五次紧急情况的反应时间表 |
[30:50] | The City has also refused to put barriers on the bridge. | 市政府还拒绝在桥上安装栅栏 |
[30:52] | They’ve prioritized aesthetics over saving lives. | 他们更注重美观 而不是救人性命 |
[30:55] | This is just a bald attempt to force the City | 他们只是想强迫市政府 |
[30:57] | to hand over a tape of Aidan’s 911 call. | 拿出艾登的报警电话录音 |
[30:58] | We are just trying to help Ms. Crozier | 我们只是想帮助克罗泽小姐 |
[31:00] | and her clients punish the true culprits here. | 和她的当事人给真正的过错方惩罚 |
[31:03] | Thank you. I think we’re doing just fine on our own. | 谢谢 但我们用自己的方式进行得很好 |
[31:06] | It really takes them 48 minutes? | 他们真的花了48分钟才赶到吗 |
[31:11] | She’s shown tremendous promise, | 她显示出了惊人的潜力 |
[31:13] | and you’ve been an exceptional mentor. | 而你是个非常杰出的导师 |
[31:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:16] | That’s why I want you to be the first to know | 所以我要第一个告诉你 |
[31:17] | I have decided to make Caitlin a full litigator. | 我决定让凯特琳做独立诉讼律师的人 |
[31:20] | I know it’s fast. | 我知道这太快了 |
[31:22] | But with Will gone, we need everybody to step up. | 但现在威尔不在 大家要赶紧成长起来 |
[31:24] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[31:26] | But you disagree? | 但你不同意 |
[31:28] | I think Caitlin is good. She’s very quick. | 我认为凯特琳很优秀 进步很快 |
[31:32] | I think she needs some time to get comfortable. | 但她需要更多时间适应 |
[31:34] | I threw you in over your head | 我一股脑丢给你很多事 |
[31:36] | and you didn’t take long to get comfortable. | 你也没用多久就适应了 |
[31:38] | That’s true. | 是这样 |
[31:39] | Good. Then can I ask you a favor? | 很好 那我能麻烦你件事吗 |
[31:40] | Would you mind sharing your assistant? | 你是否可以暂时和她共用一下助理呢 |
[31:42] | Just until we get one? | 到我们招到人就好 |
[31:47] | – Sure. – Great. | -当然可以 -太好了 |
[31:49] | It’s just for a few weeks. | 只要几周时间就好 |
[31:50] | And it’ll give you a chance to help supervise her. | 这也可以让你更好地指导她 |
[31:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:06] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[32:07] | And, David. | 你好 大卫 |
[32:10] | What do you need? | 有什么事吗 |
[32:12] | I have never shown an interest in management. | 我从未表现过当管理者的兴趣 |
[32:14] | No, you haven’t. | 对 确实没有 |
[32:15] | I like doing. I don’t like… | 我喜欢做事 不喜欢… |
[32:18] | helping others do. | 帮别人做事 |
[32:19] | But I’m stepping up | 我站出来 |
[32:22] | because I think there are people | 是因为我认为 |
[32:25] | who have an eye on Will’s office. | 有人盯上了威尔的位子 |
[32:27] | They pretend to have the firm’s interests at heart, | 他们假装心怀律所的利益核心 |
[32:30] | but what they really want | 但真正想要的 |
[32:32] | is their name on the letterhead | 是成为冠名合伙人 |
[32:34] | and an equal vote with you. | 并和你有同等的投票权 |
[32:36] | And you’re stepping up for…? | 那你站出来是为了… |
[32:38] | Taking Will’s place. | 坐上威尔的位子 |
[32:42] | No, David. You would hate it. | 不 大卫 你会恨那个位子的 |
[32:45] | – You hate people. – I don’t hate people. | -你恨所有人 -我不是恨所有人 |
[32:47] | I hate… some people. | 是恨…某些人而已 |
[32:49] | I am being selfless here. | 我这么做是很无私的 |
[32:53] | Well, um, let me consider it. | 那 让我考虑一下吧 |
[32:56] | Here’s the thing. | 这么说吧 |
[32:57] | When Will comes back, you know I’ll give up the seat. | 威尔回来时 你清楚我会让出位子 |
[33:00] | I don’t want the seat. | 我不想要那个 |
[33:01] | So you know I’ll give it up. | 所以你可以相信我会放弃它 |
[33:05] | Thank you, David. | 谢谢你 大卫 |
[33:15] | I hear the 911 tape miraculously surfaced. | 我听说报警电话录音神奇地出现了 |
[33:19] | I told you I would look into it. | 我说了我会查的 |
[33:20] | Yeah. I just thought you needed a little… nudge. | 知道 但我想你需要我…推动一下 |
[33:22] | Next time, don’t drag the City into your mess. | 下次 别把市政府拉去蹚浑水 |
[33:25] | You’re in a bad mood. | 你情绪很差 |
[33:29] | I am. | 对 |
[33:35] | So you’ll drop the request to implead? | 你们得放弃诉讼要求 |
[33:39] | 911. What’s your emergency? | 911 您遇到了什么状况 |
[33:41] | Oh, my God, she’s going to jump. | 天呐 她要跳下去了 |
[33:42] | Who is going to jump? | 谁要跳下去了 |
[33:44] | There’s a girl on the Glenhurst Bridge. | 格伦赫斯特桥上有个女孩 |
[33:45] | She climbed over the railing. I can’t get to her. | 她翻过了栏杆 我没法接近她 |
[33:47] | We’re dispatching an officer now. | 我们马上派警员过去 |
[33:49] | Please hurry! | 请快点 |
[33:50] | Your Honor, this tape has not been authenticated. | 法官大人 这份录音未经鉴定 |
[33:52] | We obtained it directly from the state’s attorney’s office. | 我们直接从州检察官办公室拿到的 |
[33:55] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[33:56] | Your Honor, we ask for a short recess. | 法官大人 我们请求暂时休庭 |
[33:58] | Granted. | 同意 |
[34:01] | She’s scrambling. | 她在做最后挣扎 |
[34:05] | You screw up a grand jury investigation, | 你搞砸了大陪审团调查 |
[34:07] | and I’m the one getting the demotion? | 我却被降职了? |
[34:09] | It’s… it’s not a demotion. | 这…这不是降职 |
[34:11] | I’m being moved out of felony review. | 我被调出了重罪科 |
[34:13] | That’s a demotion. | 这就是降职 |
[34:14] | To-to free you up more for court. | 这是为了让你有更多时间出庭 |
[34:20] | Did your girlfriend put you up to this? | 你女朋友让你这么干的吗 |
[34:22] | ASA Lodge is not my girlfriend, | 助理检察官洛奇不是我女友 |
[34:25] | and this is my decision. | 而这是我个人决定 |
[34:27] | Good thing you’re not the final word around here. | 还好这里不是你说了算 |
[34:30] | Deputy. | 副检察官 |
[34:34] | Lockhart-Gold. | 洛克哈特&戈德 |
[34:36] | Sounds almost regal, doesn’t it? | 听起来挺高级的 不是吗 |
[34:40] | Let me just save you the energy | 我还是帮你省省力气 |
[34:41] | and repeat what I’ve already told the others… | 先重复一下我跟其他人说过的话 |
[34:45] | – I… am not the others. – Eli. | -我可不是其他人 -伊莱 |
[34:47] | You only just became an equity partner a few months ago. | 你几个月前刚成为合伙人 |
[34:49] | And Obama was only a U.S. Senator for two years | 奥巴马在当选前 |
[34:52] | before he announced his candidacy. | 只当了两年的国会参议员 |
[34:54] | Eli… You’re going to be running the governor’s campaign. | 伊莱 你马上要为州长竞选奔忙了 |
[34:56] | I don’t know if I am. | 我不知道我是不是要忙那个了 |
[35:00] | Things are in flux. | 这事最近有变动 |
[35:04] | Well, I’m holding the spot for Will. | 好吧 我要为威尔留住这个位置 |
[35:09] | We can outvote you. | 我们可以投票赶走你 |
[35:11] | We? | 你们 |
[35:12] | Me and my… fostered relationships. | 我和我…培养的合作者们 |
[35:16] | So you’re no longer the last kid picked for the mutiny. | 所以你不再是政变的末位候选人了 |
[35:18] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[35:21] | It’s your choice, Diane. | 这是你的选择 戴安 |
[35:23] | Either you decide, or… | 你要做决定 或者… |
[35:26] | you let the others decide for you. | 让别人帮你做决定 |
[35:36] | Hi there. | 你好 |
[35:38] | Hi. Uh… | 你好 呃… |
[35:39] | I’m looking for Will? | 我来找威尔 |
[35:41] | He’s in the shower. | 他在洗澡呢 |
[35:43] | I’m his sister Sara. Come on in. | 我是他姐姐萨拉 进来吧 |
[35:48] | And this is his younger sister Aubrey. | 这位是他的妹妹奥布丽 |
[35:51] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[35:52] | Uh, I’m Kalinda. | 我叫凯琳达 |
[35:53] | Oh, what a sweet name. | 哦 名字真好听 |
[35:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:56] | So, it’s odd. | 太奇怪了 |
[35:57] | William has this whole other life we never get to glimpse. | 威尔还有我们完全没见过的另一种生活 |
[36:00] | Do you work with him? | 你是他的同事吗 |
[36:02] | I do. | 是 |
[36:03] | On this case he’s on? The suicide case? | 在办他手上的案子 那个自杀案 |
[36:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:07] | Sit down. Here. We don’t bite. | 来 坐这 我们不会咬人 |
[36:09] | Not hard, anyway. | 总之 不会太用力 |
[36:14] | Can I get you anything to drink, Kalinda? | 凯琳达 你要喝点什么吗 |
[36:16] | A beer, maybe some wine? | 啤酒 或者葡萄酒 可以吗 |
[36:18] | Are you on the clock right now? | 你现在赶时间吗 |
[36:19] | Kalinda. Hi. | 凯琳达 |
[36:21] | William. | 威廉 |
[36:22] | We were just getting better acquainted with Kalinda. | 我们刚刚跟凯琳达聊了会儿 |
[36:25] | She says you’re not dating. | 她说你没有和别人约会 |
[36:27] | – Oh. Dear God. – Do you have a moment, Will? | -天呐 -你有空吗 威尔 |
[36:29] | Oh, I’m sorry, you guys probably want to talk in private. | 不好意思 你们两个或许想要单独谈谈 |
[36:32] | Just ignore them. | 不用理她们 |
[36:35] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[36:42] | So. Family, huh? | 家人啊 |
[36:45] | Yeah. What’s going on? | 是的 发生什么事了 |
[36:47] | You need to get back to work. | 你最好回公司 |
[36:49] | I’m suspended, Kalinda. | 我被停职了 凯琳达 |
[36:50] | There’s a lot of movement. | 公司最近小动作很多 |
[36:51] | Yeah. David Lee and Julius. I figured. | 我猜是大卫·李和朱利叶斯 |
[36:54] | Eli, too. | 还有伊莱 |
[36:56] | They want to fill the vacuum. | 他们都想要你的职位 |
[36:58] | – Just… just show your face. – No. | -你去公司露下脸吧 -不 |
[37:01] | Thanks, but… I need to make a go of this. | 谢谢 但我得学会适应这种生活 |
[37:03] | Everything good with Alicia’s case? | 艾丽西娅的案子进展顺利吗 |
[37:06] | Yeah. You, uh… you gave her my case, too? | 是的 你把我的案子也给她了吗 |
[37:11] | Will… if this is your way | 威尔 如果你想 |
[37:13] | of trying to make things better between us… | 让我们的关系好转 |
[37:14] | No. | 不 |
[37:16] | It’s my way of trying to save your ass. | 我是在救你 |
[37:21] | Your, uh, sisters seem interesting. | 你姐妹们看起来很有趣 |
[37:24] | Yep. | 是的 |
[37:26] | Could you get them arrested? | 你可以把她们逮捕走吗 |
[37:29] | Ms. Norris. | 诺里斯女士 |
[37:30] | When you worked on this film, were there rules for the crew | 你在公司时 对于挽救有自杀倾向者 |
[37:32] | as to how to handle potential jumpers? | 你们公司是怎么规定的 |
[37:34] | Yes. The rules were carefully spelled out. | 公司的规定非常谨慎 |
[37:36] | If someone stepped over the railing onto the ledge, | 如果有人跨过栏杆走到桥边上的话 |
[37:38] | – we were to call 911. – I see. | -我们要报警 -我知道了 |
[37:40] | So if someone was standing on the bridge | 如果有人站在桥上 |
[37:44] | for say, 40 minutes, looking down at the water, crying, | 比如说 看着水流 哭了四十分钟 |
[37:47] | that wouldn’t trigger a 911 call? | 那样的话需要报警吗 |
[37:49] | No. Just someone over the railing. | 不 只有当他们站在栏杆之外时才报警 |
[37:51] | The defense has admitted evidence that it takes, on average, | 被告刚刚承认警察通常需要 |
[37:55] | 48 minutes for the police to respond to a potential jumper. | 48分钟才能赶赴现场 |
[37:58] | If you wait until someone is on the ledge, | 如果你要等他们走到桥边才报警 |
[38:02] | how many lives did you actually save? | 实际上 你救了多少人 |
[38:08] | No one. | 没有 |
[38:16] | It was nice to hear from you again so soon, Donna. | 唐娜 真高兴这么快又见到你 |
[38:19] | I’ve been told by your friends | 你的朋友推荐说 |
[38:20] | you are someone worth getting to know better. | 你是一个值得深入了解的人 |
[38:22] | They’ve been filling up my phone sheet all week. | 这个星期他们一直打电话给我 |
[38:24] | I hope they haven’t been too aggressive. | 我希望他们没有表现得太热情 |
[38:25] | There’s nothing wrong with aggressive. | 热情没什么不好的 |
[38:27] | Long as they don’t start showing up at my house. | 只要他们不来我家就好了 |
[38:32] | Well, I’m an open book. What would you like to know? | 我是个坦率的人 你想知道什么 |
[38:34] | Forgive me for being blunt… | 请原谅我的直率 |
[38:37] | but are you and your wife still living apart? | 你和妻子还分居吗 |
[38:43] | We are. | 是的 |
[38:45] | For the moment. | 目前是 |
[38:46] | But we’re committed to making our marriage work. | 但是我们一直都尽力地修复婚姻 |
[38:51] | I’m glad to hear that. | 很高兴听见你这么说 |
[38:53] | It would be my pleasure to meet her someday. | 我很希望可以见到她 |
[38:56] | Maybe someday in September? | 不如九月份吧 |
[38:59] | In Charlotte? | 在夏洛特的党大会上见 好吗 |
[39:01] | I already said she knew I was going on a ski trip. | 我已经说过了 她知道我要去滑雪 |
[39:04] | Yeah, but you also said | 但是你也说过 |
[39:05] | that you didn’t speak with her that weekend. | 那个星期你都没有跟她说话 |
[39:07] | And we have phone records to show | 但是电话记录显示 |
[39:09] | that you spoke with her for 37 minutes. | 你和她通话了三十七分钟 |
[39:12] | You argued, didn’t you? | 你们吵架了 对吧 |
[39:14] | No. Stop blaming me for this. | 不要一直责备我 |
[39:15] | You lied on the stand, Derek. | 德里克 你在证人席上说谎了 |
[39:17] | What did you argue about? | 你们为什么吵架 |
[39:19] | We didn’t argue. | 我们没有吵架 |
[39:20] | All right. Then you talked. | 好吧 你们谈话了 |
[39:21] | What did you talk about? | 你们谈了什么 |
[39:24] | She said she wasn’t coming back to school next year. | 她说她明年不会来学校了 |
[39:27] | – Because of you? – No. | -因为你吗 -不 |
[39:28] | It wasn’t her choice. | 不是她的决定 |
[39:31] | Look, I’m sorry lied. | 对不起 我说谎了 |
[39:33] | I just didn’t want anyone to think I was responsible. | 我只是不想让别人认为 这是我引起的 |
[39:36] | Then who is responsible? | 那是谁引起的 |
[39:40] | I’m sorry, Mr. Anderson. | 不好意思 安德森先生 |
[39:41] | I know this is difficult for you. | 我了解 你现在很难过 |
[39:43] | – I just have one question. – All right. | -我只问一个问题 -好吧 |
[39:45] | When did you inform your daughter that you would | 你是什么时候跟你女儿说 |
[39:47] | no longer be paying her college tuition? | 你不再支付她的大学学费了 |
[39:48] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance? | 法官大人 反对 与本案无关 |
[39:50] | Any financial hardship or pressure placed | 任何受害人所经受的经济困难和经济压力 |
[39:53] | on the victim is relevant to a lawsuit | 都与本案所探讨的受害人自杀动机 |
[39:55] | about what motivated her to commit suicide. | 受害人自杀动机有关 |
[39:59] | Please answer the question, Mr. Anderson. | 安德森先生 请回答这个问题 |
[40:02] | We had an agreement that she had to maintain at least a 3.8 GPA. | 我们约好她的绩点必须在3.8分以上 |
[40:07] | But she failed her final exams. | 但是她期末考砸了 |
[40:09] | I understand. | 我了解了 |
[40:10] | But my question was: | 但我的问题是 |
[40:12] | when did you tell her you were no longer supporting her? | 你什么时候告诉她 不再支付她的学费 |
[40:19] | Two days before she died. | 在她死前两天 |
[40:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:28] | We’ll give you a disclaimer at the beginning of the movie. | 我们可以在电影片头给你们加上免责声明 |
[40:30] | Your client can still be held liable. | 但是你的顾客还是要对此负责 |
[40:32] | It doesn’t matter who else you try and blame. | 你们要把责任转嫁给谁都没有影响 |
[40:34] | It does to a jury. | 对于陪审团来说这有影响 |
[40:37] | A disclaimer, plus a donation of half the film’s profits | 免责 再加上把影片一半的利润 |
[40:40] | to a suicide awareness campaign. | 捐献给自杀意识运动 |
[40:46] | So how does Mexican sound for dinner? | 晚餐吃墨西哥菜怎么样 |
[40:48] | Should we make a reservation for three or four? | 我们定位子要定三还是四 |
[40:53] | – P.M.? – No, people. | -下午三四点吗 -不 三四人 |
[40:55] | My math’s a little rusty, but… | 我的数学不太好 但是 |
[41:02] | Oh, no, no. Come on. | 不 拜托 |
[41:04] | We want to get to know Kalinda better. | 我们想要深入了解凯琳达 |
[41:06] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[41:07] | And I don’t like any of your girlfriends. | 我不喜欢你以前的女朋友 |
[41:08] | I am not dating Kalinda. | 我没有和凯琳达约会 |
[41:10] | – I am not dating anyone. – You’re pining for her. | -我没任何人约会 -你为她形销骨立 |
[41:12] | – I can see… – You work together. | -我看得出来 -你们一起工作 |
[41:14] | It’s natural. | 这很自然 |
[41:14] | You need someone special in your life, Will. | 威尔 你的生活中需要特别的人出现 |
[41:16] | You need organization. | 你需要有人帮你打理 |
[41:17] | You’re not getting any younger. | 你年纪也不小了 |
[41:19] | Women think it’s cute now. | 女人现在可能还认为你有魅力 |
[41:20] | In another five years… | 如果再过五年 |
[41:22] | Roger did so much for my life. | 罗杰对我的生活影响很大 |
[41:26] | You think you don’t need a spouse. | 你以为你不需要一个伴侣 |
[41:28] | Especially now. | 尤其是现在 |
[41:29] | You’re out of work. | 你失业了 |
[41:30] | You need someone. | 你需要一个人陪你 |
[41:40] | You lasted a full week. | 你坚持了一个星期 |
[41:43] | I’m impressed. | 我很吃惊 |
[41:45] | Could have lasted longer. | 本来可以再坚持久一些的 |
[41:46] | You have my sisters to thank for that. | 这点你可以谢谢我的姐妹 |
[41:48] | I’ll send flowers. | 我会送花表示谢意的 |
[41:51] | You know I can’t practice law. | 我现在不能执业 |
[41:52] | I know. But you can offer updates on your ongoing cases. | 我知道 但你可以为你的案子提供信息 |
[41:58] | – Did we fire Caitlin? – No. | -我们解雇凯特琳了吗 -没有 |
[42:00] | We promoted her. | 她升职了 |
[42:05] | Anything else I should know about? | 还有需要我知道的事情吗 |
[42:08] | Just that I can’t promise that everyone will be | 不是每个人 |
[42:12] | quite so pleased to see you back. | 都希望看见你回来 |