时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | And that’s just the beginning. | 这还只是个开头 |
[00:09] | At Herald Equity, | 在先驱资产集团 |
[00:11] | we’ve seen a 31% rise in biotechnology. | 我们实现了生物科技股票31%的增值 |
[00:15] | And a 52% rise in holographic imaging. | 以及全息成像技术52%的增值 |
[00:20] | Thank you, stock holders, | 感谢各位股东 |
[00:22] | for helping Herald Equity look to the future. | 携手先驱资产集团展望未来 |
[00:25] | Now let’s give a big hand to | 下面请把掌声献给 |
[00:26] | the board of directors of Herald Equity. | 先驱资产集团的董事会 |
[00:29] | This isn’t about morals. It’s about money. | 这不是道德问题 是钱的问题 |
[00:31] | He’ll try to make it about your backstory. | 他想要扯上你的前科 |
[00:32] | He needs to go there | 他必须这么做 |
[00:33] | because he can’t stand on his record as a CEO. | 因为他CEO做得太差了 |
[00:35] | The bastard. | 狗娘养的 |
[00:36] | But you stay calm. Keep your voice low. | 但你要保持冷静 声音要压低 |
[00:38] | He gets you to raise your voice, or lose your cool, he wins. | 他要是引得你提高调门 或失去冷静 他就赢了 |
[00:41] | And if he asks me about killing my wife? | 万一他问我谋杀妻子的事情呢 |
[00:44] | Well, there’s no “If.” He will ask you. | 不是万一 他肯定会问的 |
[00:46] | That’s his only play. | 他就这一招 |
[00:47] | I was asking my legal consultant. | 我是在问我的法律顾问 |
[00:49] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人? |
[00:50] | Say you didn’t. It’s the truth, isn’t it? | 说你是清白的 这就是事实 对吧 |
[00:54] | It is. | 没错 |
[00:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:56] | You’re trying to take back the company that was stolen from you. | 你要夺回被窃走的公司 |
[00:59] | This is about the 30% decline | 自从杰罗德·德烈夏接手后 |
[01:01] | in stock price since Gerald Drescher took over. | 股价跌了30% 这才是重点 |
[01:03] | And the vote is going my way? | 投票会偏向我这一边吗 |
[01:05] | We swung Brynford Mutual your way this morning. | 今早我们把布林福德共同基金拉到了你这边 |
[01:07] | – 36,000 shares. – Good. | -36000股 -很好 |
[01:09] | And your firm will have a five percent stake, Mrs. Florrick. | 你们律所能拿到5%的股票 福瑞克夫人 |
[01:13] | That must look good for you, making so much money. | 你肯定有面子 挣了这么多钱 |
[01:16] | Yes, it does. Happy days. | 没错 真开心啊 |
[01:19] | You know, others may find your cynicism bracing, Mrs. Florrick. | 别人或许因为你的愤世嫉俗而感到振奋 |
[01:24] | I find it charming. | 而我觉得这很迷人 |
[01:27] | Okay, here we go. First line? | 好的 这就上吧 第一句话是? |
[01:29] | I believe in stem cells. That is our future. | 我对干细胞项目深信不疑 这是我们的未来 |
[01:32] | Good! | 很好 |
[01:33] | Boos? Really? | 喝倒彩? 搞什么 |
[01:36] | How gauche. | 真没素质 |
[01:41] | – Ladies and gentlemen… – He’s weird with you. | -女士们先生们 -他对你有些怪 |
[01:43] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[01:44] | …my company has been mismanaged. | 我的公司没有被正确领导 |
[01:46] | It has seen its value drop by 30%… | 它的市值下跌了30% |
[01:49] | – Yeah, what’s wrong? – We’re being evicted. | -什么事 -我们要被驱逐了 |
[01:51] | We’re not being evicted. Here… | 不是驱逐 我来说 |
[01:52] | That’s what he said, he said 90 days. | 他就是这么说的 他说还有90天 |
[01:53] | Don’t dramatize it. He said it’s a condo conversion. | 别夸张 他说是公寓租赁权变所有权 |
[01:55] | Wait, wait, what’s s going ? | 等等 到底什么事 |
[01:57] | Mr. Pedrono from the eighth floor, | 八楼的佩德罗诺先生来了 |
[01:59] | he’s here to inspect the apartment, | 他来检查公寓 |
[02:00] | and tell us to get out in 90 days. | 叫我们在90天内搬出 |
[02:02] | This is going on now? | 现在正在检查吗 |
[02:03] | I can talk to her if she wants. | 她愿意的话我可以和她说 |
[02:04] | – Do you want to talk to him? – Yeah, put him on. | -你要和他谈么 -好 让他接 |
[02:06] | Alicia, come on. | 艾丽西娅 快点 |
[02:07] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[02:08] | I didn’t want you to get the wrong impression. | 我不希望你误会了 |
[02:10] | This is good news. | 这是好消息 |
[02:11] | Um, what’s good news, Mr. Pedrono? | 什么好消息 佩德罗诺先生 |
[02:14] | We’re giving all the tenants a chance to own and not rent. | 我们给所有住户租赁权变所有权的机会 |
[02:16] | I told your husband about it a year ago. | 我一年前跟你丈夫说过 |
[02:18] | – You told Peter? – Oh, yes. | -你和彼得说过? -是的 |
[02:20] | We’ve had this in the works for a while. | 我们进行这项工作有一阵子了 |
[02:22] | Your lease is up in 90 days, | 你的租约在90天后期满 |
[02:23] | and we’re giving you a chance to purchase. | 我们现在给你一个机会买下这所公寓 |
[02:24] | Um, so we’re being threatened with eviction? | 你是在以驱逐威胁我们吗 |
[02:26] | No, you’re being given the chance | 不 作为一名租户 |
[02:28] | of first refusal to purchase | 你拥有优先购买权 |
[02:29] | as is your right as a current tenant. | 买下这所公寓 |
[02:31] | Okay, let’s talk later today, Mr. Pedrono. | 好吧 我们今天晚些时候再谈 佩德罗诺先生 |
[02:34] | But for the moment, please delay your inspection, okay? | 眼下请您推迟您的检查 |
[02:37] | If that’s what you’d like. | 悉听尊便 |
[02:38] | But please get back to me soon– we need to know your plans. | 不过请尽快联系我 我们想了解您的计划 |
[02:40] | You’ll be the first person I’ll call. | 我会第一个告诉你的 |
[02:42] | – Multitasking? – Like you wouldn’t believe. | -多任务处理? -别用疑问语气 |
[02:44] | So, where are we on speakers? | 发言者的情况了解得怎样了 |
[02:45] | Um, Drescher’s side has five at microphones. | 德烈夏那边有5个 |
[02:47] | Yes, Peter, when you get this message, call me back. Thanks. | 彼得 收到这条消息立刻回我电话 |
[02:51] | There is something else, | 还有些事 |
[02:52] | I just happened to overhear Drescher’s lawyer on her cell. | 我刚才碰巧听见德烈夏的律师打电话 |
[02:55] | – Just happened? – More or less. | -只是碰巧? -差不多吧 |
[02:57] | She was celebrating because they just moved some late shares | 她在庆祝最后关头为德烈夏争取到了 |
[03:00] | to Drescher’s column. | 一些股份 |
[03:02] | – Wishful thinking? – Sounded real. | -是她希望如此吗 -听起来已经成了 |
[03:04] | Sounded like she has enough to beat Sweeney. | 听上去她有足够的股份击败斯威尼了 |
[03:05] | 36,800 shares. | 36,800股 |
[03:08] | Which mutual fund is in play? | 这是哪家共同基金 |
[03:09] | I don’t know. I thought everyone was firmed up. | 我不知道啊 我以为大家都敲定了呢 |
[03:12] | Caitlin, hi. Are you in the war room? | 凯特琳 你在作战室吗 |
[03:14] | – Yes. – Is Diane there? | -对 -戴安在吗 |
[03:15] | No, she went out about an hour ago. | 没有 她一个小时前出去了 |
[03:17] | Who do we have with 36,800 shares? | 我们哪个支持者有36800股 |
[03:20] | Uh, let me check. Uh, It’s Alicia. | 我查查看 是艾丽西娅 |
[03:22] | Which of the mutual funds has 36,800 votes? | 哪家共同基金有36800票 |
[03:25] | We’re checking. It doesn’t sound familiar. | 我们正在查 不过都不熟悉 |
[03:27] | It doesn’t, does it? Is Will there? | 还真是啊 威尔在吗 |
[03:29] | Yes, in his office. | 对 在他办公室 |
[03:30] | Well, this used to be his case, | 这以前是他的案子 |
[03:31] | so see if that number rings a bell. | 看看他记不记得这个数字 |
[03:33] | – Okay, he’s in with somebody. – Well, interrupt him. | -他在和人谈话呢 -打断他 |
[03:35] | We have ten minutes till the vote. | 离投票只有十分钟了 |
[03:36] | You’re suspended for six months, Will. | 你被禁止执业六个月 威尔 |
[03:38] | – This is serious business. – I’m not saying it’s not. | -这事很严肃 -我又没说不是 |
[03:40] | But I’m more than a lawyer. I run a business here. | 但我不只是一个律师 我在这有生意 |
[03:43] | Which is why the disciplinary board is | 所以纪律委员会才允许 |
[03:45] | allowing you to be here, in your office, | 你跑到你的办公室来 |
[03:47] | – but that’s all. – Then tell me the rules.. | -但是仅此而已 -那就把规则说清楚 |
[03:48] | If you want there to be no crossover, | 如果你不希望我越界 |
[03:50] | – then tell me what I can’t… I’m sorry, Mr. Gardner, | -那就把规则说清楚 -抱歉 加德纳先生 |
[03:52] | Alicia said she needs an answer right now. | 艾丽西娅有件事现在就要问 |
[03:54] | – What’s wrong? – She’s at the proxy fight. | -什么事 -她在进行代理权争夺 |
[03:56] | They’re worried 36,800 shares have switched sides | 他们正忧心有36800股的票临阵易帜了 |
[03:59] | and they don’t know which ones. | 但却不知道是谁的 |
[04:00] | Okay, here we go, Lionel. | 这就来了 莱昂内尔 |
[04:01] | Does my suspension prevent me from answering that question? | 我停止执业期间能回答这个问题吗 |
[04:05] | Well, does the question have to do with | 这个问题和律所的法律事务相关 |
[04:06] | the legal side of Lockhart/ Gardner, or the business side? | 还是和商业事务相关? |
[04:09] | Mr. Sweeney is a client we represent | 我们既代理斯威尼先生的刑诉案件 |
[04:10] | both criminally and financially. | 也代理他的商务往来 |
[04:12] | But at the moment, we’ve been asked to consult on his proxy fight. | 但眼下 我们正为他的代理权争夺提供咨询 |
[04:14] | – Legally consult? – And financially. | -法律咨询吗 -也有财务上的 |
[04:16] | Caitlin. | 凯特琳 |
[04:17] | – We’re nearing a vote. – I know, | -我们要投票了 -我知道 |
[04:19] | Mr. Gardner is trying to figuring out whether he can answer | 加德纳先生正在弄清他能不能回答 |
[04:20] | And if Caitlin rephrases the question | 如果凯特琳重新组织语言 |
[04:22] | as a business-only question? | 提出一个只与商务有关的问题呢 |
[04:23] | Such as? | 比如说? |
[04:24] | How many proxy votes, absent any… | 有多少代理权投票… |
[04:26] | Will, you can’t give her the question. | 威尔 你不能直接告诉她这个问题 |
[04:28] | She has to ask the question. | 得由她来问 |
[04:29] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑呢吧 |
[04:30] | To advise a subordinate on a legal question | 对下属的一个法律问题提供建议 |
[04:32] | is to offer legal advice. | 就是提供法律意见 |
[04:33] | Okay, then we just sit here. | 好 那我们就这么坐着 |
[04:36] | – How about Mr. Gold? – Yes. | -戈德先生可以吗 -对 |
[04:38] | Part of our firm is Mr. Gold’s crisis management. | 戈德先生的危机管理也是律所业务的一部分 |
[04:41] | Can she ask me a question as to that? | 她能问我关于那个的问题吗 |
[04:45] | Sure, go ahead. Take your time. | 没事 多想想 |
[04:49] | She can ask questions regarding the crisis management, | 她可以问有关危机管理的问题 |
[04:53] | but she has to formulate the questions. | 但是得由她组织语言 |
[04:58] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[05:00] | Mr. Gold is concerned his client will lose | 戈德先生担心他的客户在代理权争夺中 |
[05:04] | the proxy fight due to the loss of 36,800 votes. | 会因为失去36800票而失败 |
[05:08] | Do you have any idea who they might belong to? | 你知道这些票可能是谁的吗 |
[05:16] | Tenley Mutual. | 坦利共同基金 |
[05:17] | Diane’s leaving there now. Try her cell and you might get her. | 戴安正要离开那里 打她电话也许能找到她 |
[05:20] | No, thank you. We’ll be in touch. | 不 谢谢 保持联系 |
[05:23] | Hello, Caitlin. | 你好 凯特琳 |
[05:24] | Uh, yes, I had to switch off during the meeting. | 是的 开会时我不得不关机 |
[05:29] | No, we’re leaving now. | 没有 我们现在要走了 |
[05:33] | Hold on a minute. | 等一会 |
[05:39] | Mr. Tenle. | 坦利先生 |
[05:42] | Did you just lie to me? | 你刚才没对我说实话? |
[05:43] | I’m stronger for it. | 我如今更加强大 |
[05:45] | I’m tougher for it. | 更加坚定 |
[05:47] | And I’m ready to retake the reigns | 并且准备夺回 |
[05:49] | of the company I created. | 我亲手创建的公司 |
[05:53] | He said he told you a year ago. | 他说他一年前就告诉你了 |
[05:56] | He’s lying. I never met a Mr. Pedrono. | 他撒谎 我从没见过什么佩德罗诺先生 |
[05:58] | You know what he’s doing, don’t you? | 你明白他的伎俩 对吧 |
[05:59] | – Establishing a timeline. – That’s right. | -设定时间表 -对 |
[06:01] | He needs to give fair warning | 他得在赶我们出去之前 |
[06:02] | before he can enforce an eviction. | 给出适当的警告 |
[06:04] | Would you sign an affidavit to that effect? | 你会签一份这种效力的书面陈述吗 |
[06:05] | I will. But you should think about doing it. | 我会 但你也该考虑一下 |
[06:08] | Buying. | 考虑买下来 |
[06:10] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:11] | You like it. | 你喜欢这房子 |
[06:12] | The kids like it. | 孩子们也喜欢 |
[06:14] | It’s a lot of debt to take on. | 买房带来的债务太重了 |
[06:16] | I thought you were making the really big bucks over there. | 你不是在那儿挣了很多钱吗 |
[06:19] | Yeah, that’s me. | 是啊 没错 |
[06:21] | Okay, I’ll talk to you later, Peter. | 好 回头再谈 彼得 |
[06:24] | Oh, uh, hey, it’s Eli. We have a problem. | 我是伊莱 我们有麻烦了 |
[06:26] | When don’t we have a problem, Eli? | 我们什么时候不麻烦 伊莱 |
[06:28] | Were you just on with Alicia? | 你刚才是在和艾丽西娅通话吗 |
[06:29] | Was I? Yeah, why? | 是啊 怎么啦 |
[06:31] | You just sounded… good together. | 听上去你们 相处不错 |
[06:34] | I was standing right next to her. | 我就站在她旁边 |
[06:35] | Eli, stop scheming. | 伊莱 别动歪脑筋了 |
[06:38] | Now, what’s hurting my chances to being governor today? | 好了 说说今天有何对竞选州长不利的情况吧 |
[06:41] | A blog called the “Cook County-ienne.” | 有个叫做”库克县女士”的博客 |
[06:43] | It says the State’s Attorney’s office is a hotbed | 上面说州检办成了 |
[06:45] | of workplace sex, and that you approve of it. | 办公室性爱的温床 而且得到你的赞成 |
[06:47] | And when is a blog ever wrong? | 博客就是真理哦? |
[06:49] | Peter, it is specific. | 彼得 这事说得很具体 |
[06:50] | It says that two ASAs had sex on your office couch three nights ago. | 说三天前有两个助理检察官在你办公室沙发上做爱 |
[06:56] | Eli, we can’t listen to every stupid piece of gossip. | 伊莱 我们不能听风就是雨 |
[06:59] | Yes, but we can be responding | 是的 但我们要回应 |
[07:00] | to every piece that involves you and sex. | 牵扯到你和桃色绯闻的任何一条消息 |
[07:02] | We are vulnerable on sex issues, Peter, | 性丑闻是我们的软肋 彼得 |
[07:05] | for reasons I hope I don’t have to spell out. | 原因就不用我细说了吧 |
[07:07] | You swore you would run a clean office. This is dirty. | 你发誓说要清清白白做事 现在这事很脏 |
[07:09] | So, we can get him back on our side? | 那我们能把他争取回我们这边吗 |
[07:11] | They’ll swing the 36,800 shares to Sweeney | 如果斯威尼能保证给他们一个董事会席位 |
[07:14] | if he guarantees them another seat on the board. | 他们那36800股就能支持斯威尼 |
[07:16] | – Oh, that shouldn’t be a problem. – And one more thing. | -那应该不成问题 -还有件事 |
[07:18] | No more drama. | 不要再有戏剧性事件 |
[07:20] | That’s why Drescher convinced them to peel away. | 那就是德烈夏说服他们叛离的原因 |
[07:22] | Sweeney is too high maintenance. | 斯威尼带来的风险太大 |
[07:23] | You’re asking me to guarantee no more drama from Mr. Sweeney? | 你是要我保证斯威尼再也不出戏剧性事件吗 |
[07:27] | Can you guarantee he won’t kill anyone in the next five minutes? | 你能保证接下来五分钟他不杀人吗 |
[07:29] | Well, I think that shouldn’t be a problem. | 我想那应该不成问题 |
[07:32] | Okay, well, Tenley will call in his vote, and he’s in our camp. | 好 坦利会改变他的投票 他会站在我们阵营 |
[07:35] | How’s Sweeney doing? | 斯威尼表现如何? |
[07:36] | First of all, thank you for that question. | 首先 感谢你的提问 |
[07:39] | Or should I thank your boss, Mr. Drescher, | 或者该谢谢你老板德烈夏先生 |
[07:42] | for the question he asked you to ask? | 感谢他让你提出这个问题 |
[07:43] | He’s very good at this. If I had stock, I might even vote for him. | 他精于此道 我要是有股份 我可能都会投他 |
[07:46] | Good. And good job, Alicia. | 好 干得好 艾丽西娅 |
[07:47] | I know how hard this Sweeney business is on you. | 我知道斯威尼的业务对你来说不容易 |
[07:50] | Oh, I’m fine. But thank you. | 我还好 不过谢谢你 |
[07:52] | In fact, Diane, um, | 其实 戴安 |
[07:55] | can we talk sometime about things? | 有时间我们能谈谈吗 |
[07:58] | Well, that sounds ominous. | 听起来不妙 |
[07:59] | Oh, no, I just, I mean, salary. | 不是 我是说薪水 |
[08:01] | I hate discussing this, but I thought being on the partner track… | 我不愿谈这事 但既然要往合伙人方向发展… |
[08:04] | Well, we’ll talk about it. | 好 我们回头再谈 |
[08:05] | Let’s just get Sweeney in as CEO, | 先把斯威尼扶上CEO的位置 |
[08:07] | and then we can talk about a raise. | 我们就谈加薪的事 |
[08:08] | – Okay? – Okay. Thanks Diane. | -好吗 -好的 谢谢 戴安 |
[08:10] | Hi, I’m Isobel Swift. | 你好 我是伊索贝尔·斯威夫特 |
[08:11] | I work here as a contractor in executive event planning. | 我在这里做过执行活动策划的工作 |
[08:15] | Do you recognize me, Mr. Sweeney? | 你认得我吗 斯威尼先生? |
[08:17] | Um, no, I’m-I’m sorry. Who are you? | 不认得 抱歉 你是谁 |
[08:21] | Uh-oh. Uh-oh? Why uh-oh? | -完蛋 -完蛋? 怎么完蛋 |
[08:23] | Drama. | 戏剧性事件来了 |
[08:24] | The woman you sexually harassed when you hired me, | 被你雇用时遭你性骚扰的女人 |
[08:26] | and who you threatened to fire when I wouldn’t sleep with you. | 拒绝跟你上床时被你威胁解雇的人 |
[08:30] | And the women who intends to sue you | 将因性骚扰 |
[08:32] | and Herald Equity for sexual harassment. | 而起诉你和先驱资产集团的女人 |
[08:34] | Young woman, | 年轻女子 |
[08:35] | you know for a fact that’s not true. | 你知道这不是真的 |
[08:38] | Then how do you explain this? | 那你如何解释这个? |
[08:42] | Meet your son, Mr. Sweeney. | 见见你儿子吧 斯威尼先生 |
[09:01] | The ninth floor, north-facing. | 9楼 北向 |
[09:03] | That’s some of our best views. | 视线一流 |
[09:04] | I understand, Mr. Pedrono. How much are we talking? | 我知道 佩德罗诺先生 价格呢 |
[09:07] | For your four bedroom? | 你四居室的价格? |
[09:08] | It’s three bedroom and a bonus. | 是三居室和一点附带 |
[09:09] | Your three-and-a-half bedroom, it’s $1.2 million. | 你的三个半居室 120万美元 |
[09:12] | But remember, you can get great financing. | 不过记住 付款方案非常棒 |
[09:14] | – And that’s everything in? – What do you mean? | -这就是全部吗 -什么意思 |
[09:17] | I mean, I know when these tenant-conversions go condo, | 我是说 我知道租户转业主时 |
[09:19] | they sometimes have add-ons. | 有时会有附加条件 |
[09:20] | Well, you’ll have to purchase the parking space. | 你得买停车位 |
[09:22] | And there will be a monthly charge for the association fees. | 还有每月要交一笔物业费 |
[09:24] | And that’ll run me…? | 那会花我多少钱? |
[09:25] | $35,000 for the parking, | 停车位是3万5千 |
[09:27] | and 2,000 a month for the association. | 物业费是每月2000 |
[09:29] | Thank you. I’ll get back to you. | 谢谢 我会回电给你 |
[09:30] | We lost the proxy vote, | 我们代理权争夺战失败了 |
[09:31] | but we’ve applied for an immediate injunction | 但我们已经申请 |
[09:33] | against the vote results. Unfortunately… | 对表决结果的即时禁令 不幸的是 |
[09:35] | There seems to be a narrative of unfortunately’s. | 似乎总有一股”不幸”的腔调 |
[09:37] | Yes. Unfortunately, we are up against a deadline. | 是的 不幸的是 截止日期快到了 |
[09:40] | Mr. Sweeney lost the proxy fight, | 斯威尼先生代理权之战落败 |
[09:42] | so, the law requires he liquidate | 他依法应在72小时内 |
[09:44] | his shares in 72 hours. | 出售他的股份 |
[09:46] | – So we have 72 hours to win an injunction? – Yes. | -所以我们要在72小时内赢取禁令? -是的 |
[09:49] | And we must prove two things in court. | 在法庭上我们要证明两件事 |
[09:51] | One, Isobel Swift’s accusations are a lie. | 一件是 伊索贝尔·斯威夫特的指控是个谎言 |
[09:54] | That the paternity is a lie? | 证明他不是孩子的父亲? |
[09:55] | No, the sexual harassment is a lie. | 不 证明性骚扰是个谎言 |
[09:57] | And the only proof of harassment is paternity, | 而性骚扰的唯一证据就是他是孩子父亲 |
[09:59] | so I’m applying for an immediate paternity test. | 所以我申请立即进行亲子鉴定 |
[10:01] | Go ahead, Caitlin. | 继续 凯特琳 |
[10:03] | And second, we have to prove this accusation | 第二件事 我们得证明这个指控 |
[10:05] | was intended to throw the proxy vote. | 意在影响代理权投票 |
[10:07] | If Drescher is behind Isobel’s lies, | 如果德烈夏是伊索贝尔谎言的幕后主使 |
[10:10] | then Mr. Sweeney will get a re-vote | 那么斯威尼先生将可以重选 |
[10:12] | and Drescher will be precluded from running. | 德烈夏则会被从竞选名单排除 |
[10:13] | So you need to prove a connection | 所以你得证明 |
[10:15] | between Isobel and Drescher? | 伊索贝尔和德烈夏有联系 |
[10:17] | Yes. I am going to court today. | 是的 我今天去上庭 |
[10:18] | Actually, you’re going to court today, aren’t you, Alicia? | 是你今天要去上庭吧 艾丽西娅 |
[10:22] | Yes, Caitlin and I. | 是的 凯特琳和我 |
[10:24] | Good. And everybody knows the rules | 好 每个人都知道 |
[10:27] | regarding Will’s suspension. | 有关威尔停止执业的规则了 |
[10:29] | You can’t talk to me about specific legal cases. | 你们不能跟我讨论具体的案子 |
[10:32] | But you can confer with me on issues dealing with Eli’s business. | 但你们可以跟我协商有关伊莱业务的事情 |
[10:34] | When in doubt, talk to me about | 如果有疑问 就跟我谈 |
[10:36] | what can be discussed with Will and what cannot. | 看什么可以和威尔讨论 什么不能 |
[10:38] | So what does Mr. Sweeney say about this woman? | 斯威尼先生是怎么说这个女人的 |
[10:43] | He didn’t touch her. He hired her. But that’s all. | 他没碰过她 只是雇了她 仅此而已 |
[10:46] | And we believe him? | 我们相信他吗 |
[10:46] | Well, the timing of Isobel’s accusations seem suspicious. | 伊索贝尔提出指控的时间点显得很可疑 |
[10:49] | So, guardedly, yes. | 所以 谨慎地说 是的 |
[10:51] | Good, so let’s get moving. | 很好 那大家行动吧 |
[10:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:01] | You’re on it, right? | 你在查了 对吧 |
[11:03] | Finding a connection between Drescher and Isobel? | 找出德烈夏和伊索贝尔之间的联系? |
[11:06] | Yep. | 没错 |
[11:06] | – Alicia. – Yeah? | -艾丽西娅 -怎么 |
[11:08] | Watch out for that one. | 当心点那个人 |
[11:10] | I know, but I’m tired of being paranoid. | 我知道 但我厌倦了疑神疑鬼 |
[11:12] | – She’s just hungry. – Like a piranha. | -她就是急功近利 -像条食人鱼 |
[11:15] | She’s hiding something. | 她有事隐瞒 |
[11:17] | It’s not about having sex on my couch. | 重点不是在我沙发上发生性行为 |
[11:23] | It’s about perception. | 而是对这个问题的认识 |
[11:26] | I want you to talk to your ASAs. | 我希望你们都跟自己的助理检察官谈一下 |
[11:29] | Informally. | 非正式地谈一下 |
[11:31] | Four days ago, who had sex in this office? | 四天前 谁在这间办公室发生性关系了 |
[11:34] | Cary will coordinate. | 凯里会负责协调 |
[11:36] | The rules are very clear, people. | 规矩很清楚 各位 |
[11:38] | No fraternization between coworkers. | 同事之间禁止不正当交往 |
[11:40] | I’m not gonna let this office devolve into a frat house. | 我不会让这间办公室变成兄弟会 |
[11:44] | Not gonna happen. | 绝不可能 |
[11:46] | Ironic, huh? | 真讽刺啊 |
[11:48] | What’s that? | 什么意思 |
[11:49] | You, investigating fraternization in the State’s Attorney’s office, | 你要调查州检办的办公室恋情 |
[11:54] | when your relationship with ASA Dana Lodge | 而你和助理检察官戴娜·洛奇 |
[11:56] | might be interpreted as such. | 不就是这关系吗 |
[11:58] | Do you have something you want to say, Geneva? | 你是要说什么吗 吉妮瓦 |
[11:59] | Just said it. | 说完了 |
[12:01] | Will I admit to the odd sexual dalliance now and then? | 我是否时而逢场作戏? |
[12:06] | Course. | 当然 |
[12:07] | I’m human. | 我是个人 |
[12:08] | I like sex. | 我喜欢性爱 |
[12:09] | Don’t you, Your Honor? | 您不喜欢吗 法官阁下 |
[12:10] | Mr. Sweeney, you enjoy being inappropriate, | 斯威尼先生 你喜欢不按章法 |
[12:13] | saying things intended to shock. | 语出惊人 |
[12:16] | You’ll find that doesn’t work here. | 但在这里不会有效果 |
[12:18] | I am not charmed. | 我不受用 |
[12:19] | My apologies, your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[12:21] | I will be more circumspect. | 我会更注意措辞 |
[12:24] | Mr. Sweeney, you did not have sex | 斯威尼先生 你没有和伊索贝尔·斯威夫特 |
[12:27] | with Isobel Swift, did you? | 发生过性关系 是吗 |
[12:28] | No. She’s not to my taste. Much too obvious. | 没有 她不对我的胃口 这很明显 |
[12:32] | – Objection, Your Honor. – Sustained. | -反对 法官阁下 -反对有效 |
[12:34] | But you did hire her? | 但你确实雇过她? |
[12:35] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:36] | I needed someone at Herald Equity | 当生意伙伴来芝加哥时 |
[12:39] | to entertain associates when they were in town. | 我得让先驱资产集团有人招待他们 |
[12:42] | A sort of Fredo, but prettier. | 像《教父》里弗雷多那样 但漂亮一些 |
[12:44] | What happened when Mr. Drescher replaced you as CEO? | 当德烈夏先生取代你成为CEO后发生了什么事 |
[12:48] | Well, when I went to prison, | 当我进监狱时 |
[12:49] | I cleaned house to make room for his appointments. | 我替他清理了门户 |
[12:52] | I thought that was the gentlemanly thing to do. | 我觉得这是君子之道 |
[12:54] | You fired Isobel? | 你解雇了伊索贝尔? |
[12:56] | Yes, as part of my housecleaning. | 是的 作为我清理工作的一部分 |
[12:57] | And Isobel was rehired by Mr. Drescher? | 而伊索贝尔又重新被德烈夏先生雇佣了? |
[12:59] | Uh, Your Honor, I’m not sure why Mrs. Florrick rewards the men | 法官阁下 我不明白为什么福瑞克夫人在提问中 |
[13:03] | in her narrative with a formal honorific, | 对男性就尊称姓氏 |
[13:06] | but women are demoted to their Christian names. | 对女性就直呼其名 |
[13:08] | Well, clearly, it’s because I want to influence the judge somehow… | 显然我是想影响法官的判断 |
[13:11] | Are you suggesting that I’m trying to influence the judge? | 你意思是我想影响法官的判断吗 |
[13:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢二位 |
[13:15] | Given that there was no objection, | 既然没人提出反对 |
[13:18] | please continue, Mr. Sweeney. | 请继续说 斯威尼先生 |
[13:20] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官阁下 |
[13:21] | Yes, Mr. Drescher rehired her. | 是的 德烈夏先生重新雇佣了她 |
[13:24] | I imagine he was impressed by Ms. Swift’s tremendous work | 我估计他是被斯威夫特女士 |
[13:29] | in soft-core movies. | 在色情片中出色的表演给打动了 |
[13:31] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官阁下 无相关性 |
[13:33] | There’s no jury, Ms. Adler. | 这里没有陪审团 阿德勒女士 |
[13:34] | This is an emergency injunction. | 是在审查紧急禁令 |
[13:36] | I know Ms. Swift worked in soft-core movies | 我知道斯威夫特女士转行之前 |
[13:38] | before she changed careers. | 拍过色情电影 |
[13:40] | – Overruled. – I myself was impressed by her | -反对无效 -我个人就被她 |
[13:43] | tremendous skills in this area, | 在这一领域的出色技巧深深吸引 |
[13:46] | especially with one particular film, | 尤其是在其中一部影片里 |
[13:47] | where she… | 她… |
[13:49] | But of course, | 但是当然 |
[13:51] | I was surprised that Gerald kept her on. | 我没想到杰罗德会重新雇她 |
[13:55] | Gerald is, of course, | 当然 杰罗德 |
[13:56] | Mr. Drescher over there. | 也就是那边的德烈夏先生 |
[13:58] | That’s why I think she’s accusing me. | 我估计这也就是她起诉我的原因 |
[14:01] | Because she’s angry with me… | 因为她生我的气 |
[14:02] | Objection. | 反对 |
[14:03] | I’ll withdraw that. | 这句我收回 |
[14:04] | Save everybody time. | 节约大家时间 |
[14:05] | Two dinner receipts, one belonging to Gerald Drescher. | 两张晚饭收据 一张是德烈夏的 |
[14:09] | He’s the CEO of Herald Equity. | 他是先驱资产集团的CEO |
[14:11] | And the other belonging to Isobel Swift, his employee. | 另一张是他的员工伊索贝尔·斯威夫特的 |
[14:14] | Both for exactly the same amount, down to the penny. | 两张的金额一模一样 精确到分 |
[14:17] | Meaning? | 意味着什么 |
[14:19] | They both had dinner together, | 他们共进晚餐 |
[14:20] | split the bill in half and then expense-accounted it. | AA制买单然后报销 |
[14:23] | And you want to know…? | 你是想知道什么 |
[14:25] | How close they were. | 他们的关系有多近 |
[14:27] | Did they leave together? | 他们一起离开的吗 |
[14:28] | Are they… | 他们有没有 |
[14:29] | Sleeping with each other? | 上过床吗 |
[14:31] | Well, waitresses do have the best gossip. | 服务员消息最灵通 |
[14:34] | Well, I’ve seen them together. | 我见过他们在一起 |
[14:36] | They did seem pretty close. | 他们看上去确实很亲密 |
[14:38] | But she’s a CEO slut. | 但她就是个钓凯子的荡妇 |
[14:40] | She’s always hanging on the CEOs. | 她总是去勾搭老总 |
[14:42] | Like that other guy. | 比如另外那个人 |
[14:44] | – What other guy? – The one accused of murder. | -哪个人 -被指控谋杀那个 |
[14:47] | – Colin Sweeney? – Yeah. | -科林·斯威尼吗 -是的 |
[14:49] | She was here with him, before he went to jail. | 在他进监狱前 她和他来过这里 |
[14:52] | And you observed them together? | 你见过他们在一起吗 |
[14:55] | Well, if by “Together” you mean, did I observe them | 如果你所说的在一起是指 |
[14:59] | slip into the men’s room for about 20 minutes | 我是不是看见他们溜进男洗手间 |
[15:01] | and come out half undressed? | 20分钟后衣冠不整地出来的话 |
[15:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:08] | All right. There was oral sex. | 好吧 有过口交 |
[15:11] | But it was before I hired her. | 但那是在我雇她之前 |
[15:12] | There wasn’t sexual harassment. | 并不存在性骚扰 |
[15:14] | You perjured yourself, Mr. Sweeney. | 你作伪证了 斯威尼先生 |
[15:16] | How do you figure? | 凭什么这么说 |
[15:17] | You said you never had sex, ever. | 因为你说从未和她有过性关系 |
[15:18] | There was no real sex. There was oral sex. | 没有真正的性关系 是口交 |
[15:20] | You didn’t ask me about oral sex. | 你又没问我口交的事 |
[15:22] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[15:23] | So there was no vaginal sex, is that right? | 也就是说没发生阴交 是吧 |
[15:26] | – Yeah. – You’re sure? | -是的 -你确定吗 |
[15:27] | Yes. | 确定 |
[15:28] | She performed oral sex on five occasions. | 她为我口交过5次 |
[15:31] | Nothing special. | 没什么特别的 |
[15:32] | I found her businesslike and… | 我觉得她技法娴熟而且… |
[15:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:37] | What are you thinking? | 你怎么看 |
[15:38] | The paternity test. | 亲子鉴定 |
[15:40] | It’ll come back negative. | 结果应该是否定的 |
[15:41] | That’s right. | 对的 |
[15:42] | It’s as if i’m telling the truth. | 等于我说的还是实话 |
[15:45] | Say a client perjured himself. | 假如一个委托人做了伪证 |
[15:47] | Just any client? | 泛指任何委托人吗 |
[15:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:50] | Because if this were a specific client, | 因为如果特指某个委托人 |
[15:52] | I could not legally answer. | 我就不能提供法律意见 |
[15:53] | Any client. | 任何委托人 |
[15:54] | And you discover, after putting him on the stand, he perjured himself. | 你让他出庭作证后 发现他做了伪证 |
[15:57] | Without knowing it, you suborned perjury? | 你在不知情的情况下 让他做了伪证? |
[16:00] | Then you can’t question him further, pursuant to | 那根据《职业行为规范》 |
[16:02] | the Code of Professional Responsibility, | 你就不能再询问他了 |
[16:03] | – not without knowingly suborning more perjury. – Right. | -不能在明知的情况下让他作伪证 -没错 |
[16:06] | But now the opposing attorney | 但现在对方律师 |
[16:08] | intends to put another witness on the stand to contradict him. | 打算传召另一位证人上庭反驳他 |
[16:10] | – With the truth? – Or another lie, I don’t know. | -以真相反驳他? -或是谎言 我不知道 |
[16:13] | Can I use this perjured testimony, now in the record, | 我能利用现已记录在案的伪证 |
[16:16] | to question this opposing witness? | 来盘问这位证人吗 |
[16:19] | You must represent the interests of your client. | 你必须代表委托人的利益 |
[16:23] | You were not aware of the perjury when it happened. | 他作伪证时 你并不知情 |
[16:25] | To not use that perjured testimony | 不对伪证加以利用 |
[16:27] | would be to poorly represent your client. | 意味着你没做好律师的本职 |
[16:30] | So, yes, you can use it. | 所以 你可以利用伪证 |
[16:32] | As if it were the truth? | 把它当做事实吗 |
[16:33] | No, as if it’s in the record as the testimony of your client. | 不 把它当做已记录在案的委托人的证词 |
[16:36] | That’s what I thought. | 我想也是 |
[16:37] | The law is an odd thing. | 法律是样奇特的事物 |
[16:39] | It is indeed. | 确实 |
[16:40] | Of course you’re getting legal advice from a suspended lawyer. | 当然 你现在不就在听取停职律师的法律建议嘛 |
[16:46] | The only problem: | 唯一的问题在于 |
[16:47] | if the opposing attorney wants to | 如果对方律师想 |
[16:49] | put your client back on the stand, | 重新传召你的委托人上庭 |
[16:51] | your hands are tied. | 你就要受约束了 |
[16:52] | I can’t elicit further testimony that I know is perjured? | 因为我不能对已知伪证进一步获取证言? |
[16:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:56] | That’ll make it one hard redirect. | 这会是个棘手的二次盘问呢 |
[16:58] | So you were working that night, | 那晚你在工作 |
[17:00] | but you didn’t go into Peter’s office? | 但并未进入彼得的办公室吗 |
[17:03] | No. We were working the 65th Street burglaries. | 是的 我们在处理65街的入室行窃案 |
[17:06] | And you didn’t go onto the executive floor? | 你没来行政楼层吗 |
[17:08] | No. | 是的 |
[17:11] | See, here’s the problem. | 可问题在这儿 |
[17:13] | The log shows you accessed this floor on three occasions. | 记录显示你曾三度来到行政楼层 |
[17:17] | Just tell me. | 告诉我吧 |
[17:20] | Jeremy. | 杰里米 |
[17:22] | We didn’t do anything wrong. | 我们什么都没做错 |
[17:24] | But you had sex in Peter’s office? | 但你在彼得办公室里发生了性行为吗 |
[17:26] | If I say “Yes,” w- what will happen? | 如果我说是会怎么样 |
[17:28] | Peter just wants to make sure it won’t happen again. | 彼得只想确保下不为例 |
[17:30] | Nothing in my permanent record? | 不会永久记录在案? |
[17:31] | That’s right. | 当然不会 |
[17:32] | We got bigger fish to fry. | 我们另有要事去做 |
[17:33] | Just tell me what happened. | 只要告诉我发生什么事就行了 |
[17:37] | And so Mr. Sweeney always met you in hotel rooms? | 这么说斯威尼先生总在宾馆房里和你见面 |
[17:40] | To have sex, yes. | 对 为了和我发生性关系 |
[17:41] | And that was on how many occasions? | 这样的情况有多少次 |
[17:43] | Eight occasions. | 八次 |
[17:44] | Before he wento to jail. | 在他进监狱之前 |
[17:45] | While you were working at Herald Equity. | 也是你在先驱资产集团工作之时 |
[17:47] | And then the last time, | 而在最后一次 |
[17:48] | when you resisted him, you were fired? | 你拒绝了他 然后被解雇了? |
[17:50] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:52] | Thank you, Ms. Swift. | 谢谢你 斯威夫特女士 |
[17:59] | So, Isobel… | 那么 伊索贝尔… |
[18:01] | Mr. Sweeney insists you never had sex. | 斯威尼先生坚称你俩没有发生过性关系 |
[18:05] | Isn’t it a fact that you’re lying to us today? | 你今天所说不是谎言吗 |
[18:08] | No. | 不 |
[18:08] | He testified on his whereabouts | 他对你声称发生性关系那几晚的 |
[18:10] | on all the nights you claimed to have had sex. | 行踪已提供了证词 |
[18:14] | – Isn’t it a fact? – He’s lying. | -这难道不是事实吗 -他在撒谎 |
[18:16] | And yet this is your only argument in response? | 这就是你作为回应的唯一论据吗 |
[18:20] | “He’s lying.” | “他在撒谎” |
[18:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:22] | He sexually harassed me. | 他对我性骚扰 |
[18:25] | Ms. Swift, my client took this stand, | 斯威夫特女士 我的委托人来到庭上 |
[18:28] | and he swore to tell the truth. | 宣誓说出事实 |
[18:30] | He swore he didn’t touch you. | 他曾发誓说没碰过你 |
[18:31] | He testified in great detail on all the… | 他对你声称发生性关系那几晚的… |
[18:35] | on all the nights you claim he was having sex with you | 行踪提供了非常细致的证词 |
[18:38] | that he was somewhere else. | 他当时正在别处 |
[18:39] | How is this not a classic he-said/she-said? | 这不正是典型的公说公有理婆说婆有理吗 |
[18:45] | Because it’s not. | 不是的 |
[18:48] | Because… I’m telling the truth. | 因为我说的是事实 |
[18:52] | And that’s all you have to say? | 这就是你要说的全部吗 |
[18:53] | That is why we should believe you? | 我们因此就应该相信你吗 |
[18:58] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[19:03] | You’re excused. | 你可以退席了 |
[19:04] | Your Honor, we’d like to recall | 法官阁下 我们请求重新传唤 |
[19:06] | Mr. Sweeney to the stand. | 斯威尼先生上庭 |
[19:07] | We strongly object, Your Honor. | 强烈反对 法官阁下 |
[19:09] | Mr. Sweeney has already testified. | 斯威尼先生已作过证了 |
[19:12] | This is not a full trial. | 这并不是全面庭审 |
[19:13] | We are merely asking for an emergency injunction. | 我们只是在申请法庭紧急禁令 |
[19:15] | Yes, and Counselor Adler | 没错 而阿德勒律师 |
[19:17] | is merely requesting a simple recall of your witness. | 只是想重新传召贵方证人而已 |
[19:20] | I see no reason to deny her. | 我找不到拒绝的理由 |
[19:22] | We will adjourn until tomorrow. | 明天再开庭 |
[19:35] | And the square footage? | 面积是多大 |
[19:36] | Oh, it’s not what you have now, but you can put up a wall | 不如你现在住的大 但你可以在 |
[19:39] | and split that bedroom into two for the kids. | 那间卧室里建面墙 隔成两间给孩子住 |
[19:42] | Oh, any bigger kitchens? | 没有大些的厨房了吗 |
[19:45] | Told you not to prejudge it. | 和你说过别先预判了 |
[19:46] | You’re prejudging it. | 你现在就在做预判 |
[19:48] | This is really the best I can do? | 这真是我供得起的最好公寓了? |
[19:50] | In your budget range, | 既要在你的预算范围内 |
[19:51] | near the private school, | 又要离私立学校近 |
[19:52] | in a good neighborhood, yes. | 还要在好社区里 就只有它了 |
[19:54] | But more will come on the market this summer. | 但今年夏天还会有更多的房源上市 |
[19:59] | You know what’s funny? | 知道有意思的事是什么吗 |
[20:01] | – What? – I have the perfect place for you. | -什么 -有一处房子很适合你 |
[20:03] | – You do? Where? – A house. | -真的吗 在哪里 -是幢… |
[20:05] | In fact, you’ve seen it. | 事实上你早已见过的房子 |
[20:06] | When? Oh, the last time we looked? | 什么时候 是我们上次看过的? |
[20:08] | No, before that. | 不 在这之前 |
[20:09] | Your house. | 你的房子 |
[20:12] | My…? | 我的… |
[20:14] | The people who bought your old house in Highland Park, | 在高地公园曾买走你旧房子的人 |
[20:17] | they’re upside- down on it and very, very motivated. | 他们还不起贷款了 非常有意向出售 |
[20:22] | No. | 不 |
[20:24] | That’s what I thought. | 我想也是 |
[20:25] | It’s a little out of your range, anyway. | 反正超出了你的预算 |
[20:26] | Uh, and weird. | 也诡异 |
[20:27] | I mean, it would be weird. | 我是说 住回去会很诡异 |
[20:30] | You had 15 happy years there. | 你在那里曾度过快乐的15年 |
[20:31] | Why would it be weird? | 怎么会诡异呢 |
[20:32] | Because it- it would. | 因为就会变成这样 |
[20:34] | Maybe we’re all like salmon, | 也许我们就像鲑鱼 |
[20:36] | just trying to swim upstream to get back to our homes again. | 拼命往上游只为了再次回到我们的家中 |
[20:41] | Oh, there’s your cell phone, again. | 你又有电话来了 |
[20:44] | Diane, hi. | 戴安 你好 |
[20:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:47] | They recalled Sweeney to the stand, | 他们重新传唤斯威尼上庭 |
[20:49] | and the judge overruled my objection. | 而法官驳回了我的反对意见 |
[20:50] | – So I think we… – Yes, Caitlin already filled me in. | -所以我想 -对 凯特琳告诉我了 |
[20:52] | I think her idea is right. | 我觉得她的主意不错 |
[20:54] | Her idea? | 她的主意? |
[20:55] | Prepping Sweeney. | 为斯威尼进行作证预演 |
[20:56] | You need to question him again on redirect. | 你得在二次盘问中质询他 |
[20:59] | And the only way to avoid further perjury | 避免更多伪证的唯一方法就是 |
[21:01] | is to prep him for it. | 为他作预演 |
[21:02] | It’s a tight ethical line he has to walk. | 他只能去走这个道德钢丝 |
[21:04] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[21:05] | Good luck with it. | 祝你好运 |
[21:06] | Have Caitlin keep me posted. | 记得让凯特琳和我汇报情况 |
[21:08] | She has good instincts for a first-year, don’t you think? | 作为一年级律师 她有着很好的直觉 |
[21:10] | I do. | 是的 |
[21:13] | So, as long as it’s my word against hers, I’m fine, right? | 只要我的话总是和她的话相反 就没事了对吗 |
[21:18] | Your word is the problem here. | 你说的话就是症结所在 |
[21:19] | The other lawyer will ask you | 对方律师会问你一些 |
[21:21] | about things that actually happened. | 真实已发生过的事 |
[21:23] | – And this time, you have to tell the truth. – Of course. | -这次你得说实话 -当然 |
[21:25] | We can’t advise you, for example, | 比如 如果斯威夫特做出一些未经证实的陈述 |
[21:28] | to dispute Ms. Swift’s uncorroborated statements | 而你知道它们是真实的 |
[21:30] | if you know them to be true, | 我们无法建议你去进行反驳 |
[21:33] | or attack Ms. Swift’s credibility any chance you get. | 也不建议你在任何时候去攻击她的可信度 |
[21:36] | Yes, I appreciate your not advising me to do those things. | 是的 很感激你不建议我这么做 |
[21:39] | I’ll also be asking questions on redirect, Mr. Sweeney, | 二次盘问中 我也会问你问题 斯威尼先生 |
[21:42] | and you need to answer me truthfully. Do you understand? | 你必须真实作答 明白吗 |
[21:45] | That is the only way I can question you. | 只有这样 我才能质询你 |
[21:46] | Scout’s honor, Mrs. Florrick. | 以童子军的荣誉起誓 福瑞克夫人 |
[21:48] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 请二位理解 |
[21:49] | I have to get my beauty rest before court. | 我得在开庭前睡个美容觉去 |
[21:52] | Telling the truth is so… tiring. | 说实话实在太…无聊了 |
[21:59] | This will be good for a laugh. | 这会是个大笑话的 |
[22:06] | Caitlin. | 凯特琳 |
[22:09] | – Can I talk to you? – Uh, yes. | -能跟你说句话吗 -当然 |
[22:11] | – We haven’t had much of a chance to talk. – I know. | -我们最近没什么机会说话 -我知道 |
[22:14] | And I want you to take what | 我希望你把我下面说的话 |
[22:15] | I’m about to say as constructive advice from a mentor. | 看成是师傅的建设性建议 |
[22:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:23] | Don’t ever undercut your mentor again. | 再也不要拆你师傅的台 |
[22:26] | Under… What do you mean? | 拆…你在说什么 |
[22:29] | Your strategy | 你的策略 |
[22:30] | was to prep Sweeney to avoid further perjury? | 是帮斯威尼进行作证预演以避免进一步做假证? |
[22:32] | Oh, my God. Diane cornered me coming back from court. | 哦 天呐 我从法庭回来后戴安找我谈话 |
[22:35] | She just wanted to know where we were, | 她想知道我们进行得如何 |
[22:36] | and I was just updating her. | 而我只是向她汇报了一下进度 |
[22:37] | I don’t want any explanations. | 我不想听任何解释 |
[22:39] | I just want you to be proud | 我只是希望你能为 |
[22:41] | of the way you conduct yourself here. | 自己在这里的行为自豪 |
[22:43] | Being an associate in a law firm, people judge you. | 在律所里做律师 人们会评价你 |
[22:46] | The point is, | 关键是 |
[22:47] | all you want to be judged on is your work. | 你得到的评价 应该针对你的工作 |
[22:52] | Your work. | 你自己的工作 |
[22:54] | – I understand. – Good. | -我明白 -很好 |
[22:57] | I’ll see you in court. | 我们庭上见 |
[23:05] | Yes, these are receipts from the Evanston Tavern. | 对 这些是埃文斯顿餐厅的收据 |
[23:10] | I went there often with Ms. Swift in 2008. | 我2008年时经常和斯威夫特女士去那里 |
[23:13] | For what purpose? | 去那里做什么 |
[23:14] | To discuss events she was planning. | 讨论她在策划的活动 |
[23:16] | Given that she was an events planner. | 她当时是活动策划 |
[23:20] | So these were business meetings? | 所以这些都是工作会议了 |
[23:22] | Held 20 miles from your office. | 餐厅距你办公室20英里远 |
[23:24] | Because you couldn’t find a single restaurant | 你在芝加哥找不到别的餐厅 |
[23:26] | in Chicago that had a table. | 能给你提供一张桌子了吗 |
[23:28] | Not one that can make an authentic coq au vin, no. | 别家没有那么地道的酒烹嫩炸鸡 |
[23:33] | Mr. Sweeney, isn’t it true | 斯威尼先生 你是否 |
[23:34] | that you and Ms. Swift repaired to the bathroom | 和斯威夫特女士前往埃文斯顿餐厅的卫生间 |
[23:39] | at the Evanston Tavern to engage in oral sex? | 进行了口交 |
[23:42] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官阁下 与案情无关 |
[23:43] | Isn’t it relevant whether Mr. Sweeney and Ms. Swift | 斯威尼先生和斯威夫特女士是否进行了口交 |
[23:47] | engaged in oral sex? | 与案情无关吗 |
[23:48] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[23:50] | Mr. Sweeney, please answer the question. | 斯威尼先生 请你回答问题 |
[23:52] | Did I engage in oral sex with Ms. Swift? | 我是否和斯威夫特女士进行了口交 |
[23:57] | No. | 没有 |
[23:58] | Mr. Sweeney, you realize you are under oath? | 斯威尼先生 你知道你发过誓的吧 |
[24:01] | – Your Honor. – That’ll do, Ms. Adler. | -法官阁下 -可以了 阿德勒女士 |
[24:03] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[24:12] | Just to confirm, Mr. Sweeney, | 我想证实一下 斯威尼先生 |
[24:16] | prior to Ms. Swift’s allegations, | 在斯威夫特女士的指控之前 |
[24:18] | no one had ever accused you of | 没有人指责你 |
[24:20] | having a sexual relationship with an employee? | 与员工有性关系 对吗 |
[24:22] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[24:23] | And at the time, no one ever accused you of having a sexual relationship | 同时也没人指责你与斯威夫特女士 |
[24:27] | with Ms. Swift? | 有性关系 对吗 |
[24:28] | – And that is correct. – Good. | -是的 -很好 |
[24:30] | And I want to be clear here. | 我想在这里澄清一点 |
[24:32] | Not only did I never have oral sex with that woman, | 我不仅从未与她有过口交 |
[24:36] | or any sex, but I was suffering… | 或者别的什么性关系 我当时正… |
[24:41] | from a skin condition at the time. | 被皮肤病折磨 |
[24:45] | I couldn’t have had oral sex. | 我不可能和任何人进行口交 |
[24:53] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 |
[24:55] | Do you have anything further? | 你还有问题吗 |
[24:57] | Your Honor, uh… | 法官阁下… |
[24:59] | pursuant to the Code of Professional Responsibility, | 根据《职业行为规范》 |
[25:03] | I have no further questions at this time. | 我目前没有其它问题了 |
[25:12] | Their excuses? | 他们怎么辩解的呢 |
[25:14] | No excuses. | 他们没有辩解 |
[25:16] | Just abject apologies. | 只是可怜地道歉 |
[25:18] | Levitas is the head of the financial crimes unit, | 李维塔是经济犯罪科的头 |
[25:21] | and Cooper’s a second year who works under him. | 库珀是他手下的二年级律师 |
[25:23] | So his direct supervisor? | 是他的直接主管吗 |
[25:24] | Yes. But… | 对 但是… |
[25:26] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[25:28] | Disciplining two gay men | 为两个同性恋之间的性关系 |
[25:29] | for having gay sex is gonna look bad. | 而惩罚他们 似乎不好看 |
[25:31] | Well, I’m not disciplining them for their sexual orientation, | 我不是为他们的性取向 |
[25:34] | or the type of sex they’re having. | 或性行为方式而惩罚他们 |
[25:36] | I’m disciplining them for having sex in this office. | 是为他们在这间办公室发生性行为 |
[25:39] | I’m just saying. | 我只是说说而已 |
[25:40] | There are rules, Cary. | 规矩已经定下了 凯里 |
[25:42] | And one of them is zero tolerance | 其中一条就是对工作环境中的 |
[25:44] | for sexual liaisons in the workplace. | 性关系绝不姑息 |
[25:46] | Especially, | 特别是 |
[25:48] | if you’re in a supervisory position. | 其中一个有主管地位 |
[25:52] | I found the connection between Drescher and Isobel. | 我发现了德烈夏和伊索贝尔之间的关系 |
[25:55] | He made payments to her anonymously, | 他曾匿名给她付钱 |
[25:57] | from a shell company in the Caymans. | 从开曼群岛一个皮包公司的账户转入的 |
[25:58] | Fantastic. Tell Diane I’m on my way. | 太棒了 告诉戴安 我马上就过来 |
[26:01] | That idiot! That bastard! | 那个蠢货 那个混蛋 |
[26:03] | Sweeney? What’d he do now? | 斯威尼吗 他做了什么 |
[26:05] | He fathered a son. | 他生了个儿子 |
[26:06] | – Oh, no. – Oh, yes. | -哦不是吧 -没错 |
[26:08] | Paternity test came back. Positive. | 亲子鉴定结果出来了 是他的孩子 |
[26:10] | It’s Sweeney’s kid. | 那孩子是斯威尼的 |
[26:17] | For the last time, I did not sleep with that woman. | 最后一次说明 我没有跟那个女人上床 |
[26:20] | Well, unfortunately, the court does not recognize the | 但不幸的是 法庭不会接受 |
[26:22] | doctrine of immaculate conception. | 圣灵感孕的说法 |
[26:24] | Okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[26:25] | Taking you and your word, which we have no reason to, | 我们没理由相信你和你的话 |
[26:28] | how could this happen? | 这事怎么发生的 |
[26:30] | No idea. | 我不知道 |
[26:31] | We never had vaginal sex. | 我们从未有过阴交 |
[26:34] | I had a client who lost a paternity suit a few years back. | 几年前我有个客户输了场亲子关系确认案 |
[26:37] | He claimed there was only oral sex. | 他声称只发生过口交 |
[26:39] | Turns out, his girlfriend had a turkey baster. | 结果是 他的女朋友有个烤火鸡的浇油管 |
[26:42] | And so it devolves: | 所以现在 |
[26:43] | from hopes, ideals, dreams, | 我们从希望 理想 梦想 |
[26:47] | the glory of the law, to a turkey baster. | 法律的荣耀 转向了烤火鸡的浇油管 |
[26:50] | Immediately after Isobel fellated you, | 伊索贝尔和你口交之后 |
[26:53] | what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[26:54] | She repaired to the bathroom, right? | 她去了盥洗室 对吗 |
[26:55] | Purse in hand. | 拿着手袋 |
[26:57] | She closed the door. | 关上门 |
[26:58] | Emerges a few minutes later, | 几分钟后出来 |
[27:00] | rosy bloom on her cheeks. | 脸色红润 |
[27:01] | Oh, dear Lord. | 我的天呐 |
[27:03] | Mazel tov, Mr. Sweeney. | 恭喜你 斯威尼先生 |
[27:04] | You’re the proud father of 18 years of child support. | 你得到了支付18年抚养费的荣耀 |
[27:06] | Can we make a fraud argument? | 我们能以对方欺诈来辩护吗 |
[27:08] | – Contraceptive fraud? – Yes. | -避孕措施欺诈吗 -对 |
[27:10] | Well, it’d offset the child support. | 这可以对抗抚养费请求 |
[27:12] | But Isobel will claim Mr. Sweeney’s sperma was a gift. | 但伊索贝尔会说斯威尼先生的精子是礼物 |
[27:15] | She could do with it as she pleased. | 她可以任意支配 |
[27:17] | To get the re-vote, | 为了发起重新投票 |
[27:19] | first we had to show fraud on Isobel’s part. | 我们得先证明伊索贝尔这里有欺诈存在 |
[27:21] | If we can demonstrate | 若我们可以证明 |
[27:22] | Mr. Drescher’s knowledge of contraceptive fraud, | 德烈夏先生知道避孕措施欺诈的事 |
[27:24] | the court will order a new election, | 法庭就会裁定重新投票 |
[27:26] | and he’ll be precluded from running. | 而后 他会被禁止参选 |
[27:34] | Okay, I’ll revise the injunction… | 我会修改禁令… |
[27:36] | What the hell did you do to Caitlin? | 你他妈对凯特琳做了什么 |
[27:38] | What did I… | 我对… |
[27:39] | She’s resigning. She’s quitting the firm. | 她要辞职 她要离开律所 |
[27:41] | – Why? – You never wanted to hire her to begin with. | -为什么 -你一开始就不想雇她 |
[27:44] | And I see the way you treat her. | 我也知道你待她的方式 |
[27:45] | The jealousy. The mean girl act. | 你的嫉妒心 那些刻薄女人的行径 |
[27:47] | You were supposed to mentor her, not haze her. | 你的职责是指导她而不是欺侮她 |
[27:50] | David, I have no idea what… | 大卫 我不知道 |
[27:52] | You don’t make enemies. That’s what you don’t do. | 在这里你不要树敌 不要树敌 |
[27:58] | Peter fired Jeremy. | 彼得解雇了杰里米 |
[28:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:04] | Zero tolerance is zero tolerance. | 零容忍还来真的 |
[28:09] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[28:10] | Unless you’re white. | 除非你是白人 |
[28:12] | He fires Wendy Scott-Carr. | 他解雇了温迪·斯科特-卡尔 |
[28:15] | He fires Jeremy. | 他解雇了杰里米 |
[28:17] | He demotes Dana. | 他降职了戴娜 |
[28:19] | He promotes you over Matan. | 他让你升到马坦头上 |
[28:22] | He promotes you over me. | 让你升到我头上 |
[28:24] | Three ASAs who had double or triple | 这三个助理检察官拥有 |
[28:27] | your experience and seniority, | 两倍于你或三倍于你的经验和资历 |
[28:30] | And the only difference was the color of our skin. | 而你和他们唯一的区别就是肤色 |
[28:33] | Go tell him. | 那你去和他说 |
[28:34] | If you believe that, go tell him. | 如果你真那样认为 自己去跟他说 |
[28:38] | What, that his bias is showing? | 跟他说他表露出了偏见? |
[28:39] | No, that Dana and I were fraternizing. | 不 告诉他戴娜和我有私情 |
[28:42] | That’s what you want to say. | 你想说的是这个 |
[28:43] | Zero tolerance, right? | 零容忍 不是吗 |
[28:46] | – Go. – No. | -快去 -不去 |
[28:47] | – Why not? – Because I don’t do that. | -为什么 -因为我不是这种人 |
[28:50] | You want him to know, you tell him. | 你若想让他知道 你自己去说 |
[28:53] | That’s right. | 对啊 |
[28:56] | It’s a bad economy for ideals. | 这年头很不适合抱有理想 |
[29:04] | So we’re moving? | 我们是不是要搬家了 |
[29:07] | Well, I don’t know what we’re doing. | 目前还不知道呢 |
[29:09] | But we have to move, right? | 可我们不得不搬 对吧 |
[29:12] | We have to do something. | 是得做出决策了 |
[29:15] | I’m looking at our options. | 我正在权衡各种选择 |
[29:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[29:22] | Your realtor friend came by, and dropped this off. | 你的房产经纪人带来了这东西 |
[29:30] | It’s not… | 别乱想 |
[29:32] | She was just saying it was on the market. | 她只是提到这房子正在销售 |
[29:35] | Do you see they still have the old swing there? | 你看他们还保留着那老秋千 |
[29:38] | You broke your leg on that swing. | 你还在这上面摔断过腿呢 |
[29:40] | That swing almost killed you. | 那秋千差点要了你的命 |
[29:43] | I know, just I remember Dad pushing me on it. | 我知道 我还记得老爸当时还在后面推我 |
[29:47] | They painted it, see. | 看 他们还重新粉刷过了 |
[29:50] | I like the old color better. | 我还是喜欢以前的颜色 |
[29:54] | We don’t have the money. | 我们钱不够 |
[29:56] | I wish we did, kids, but it’s a lot. | 我希望钱能够 可价格实在太高 |
[30:13] | Alicia, Caitlin has given notice. | 艾丽西娅 凯特琳说准备辞职了 |
[30:16] | Yes, I’ve heard. | 我听说了 |
[30:19] | I’m surprised. | 我很惊讶 |
[30:20] | I’ll stay as long as you need to finish my work. | 我会呆到工作完成的 |
[30:24] | But why, Caitlin? | 可为什么呢 凯特琳 |
[30:25] | I… I thought you were liking it here. | 我以为你很喜欢在这儿工作 |
[30:27] | I am… | 的确如此 |
[30:29] | So much. | 十分喜欢 |
[30:31] | I just… | 只是 |
[30:33] | I got the results back two weeks ago. | 两周前我刚得到结果 |
[30:38] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[30:40] | I’m getting married. | 我要结婚了 |
[30:42] | I… | 我 |
[30:44] | Yes. | 没错 |
[30:47] | – Congratulations. – It’s wonderful news. | -恭喜你 -真是个好消息 |
[30:50] | I explained how supportive the firm can be | 我和她说了律所对于这种情况 |
[30:53] | in situations like these. | 能给员工很大支持 |
[30:55] | We have a generous maternity leave package. | 我们有很慷慨的产假制度 |
[30:58] | And child care. And several telecommuting options. | 还有婴儿照料 以及多种在家办公的选择 |
[31:01] | And I really am grateful. | 对此我十分感谢 |
[31:03] | Really, I am. I just, um… | 发自内心的感谢 只是 |
[31:07] | – I just, uh, I want to be… – What? | -只是我真心想当… -当什么 |
[31:13] | A mom. | 一位母亲 |
[31:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[31:32] | Well… | 那么 |
[31:35] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[31:37] | You should talk to her. | 你该和她去谈谈 |
[31:38] | I will. | 我会的 |
[31:40] | Mr. Sweeney’s sperm was not a gift. | 斯威尼先生的精子不具有赠与性质 |
[31:43] | Your Honor, even assuming this turkey baster fiction is true, | 法官阁下 即使这烤火鸡烧油管的臆断是真的 |
[31:46] | the sperm at issue was donated without expectation of return. | 精子在这种情况下给予是没有期望其归还的 |
[31:50] | Ergo, a gift. | 因此证明具有赠与性质 |
[31:51] | Mr. Lee, you’re arguing contraceptive fraud. | 李先生 你主张避孕欺诈 |
[31:54] | Your position is Mr. Sweeney’s | 你的观点是斯威尼先生的 |
[31:57] | property has been… misappropriated? | “财产”被盗用? |
[32:00] | Your Honor, does this even merit a response? | 法官阁下 这简直是荒谬至极 |
[32:03] | The concept here is that if | 我的观点是 |
[32:04] | the property were not put to its proper use… | 要是”财产”没有被正确地使用… |
[32:06] | Wait a minute. If we agree to call it “Property,” Your Honor, | 等等 要是我们同意称其为”财产” |
[32:09] | then it was abandoned property. | 那它就属于被抛弃的”财产” |
[32:10] | And whoever claims abandoned property | 而取得被抛弃”财产”的人 |
[32:12] | has the right to put it to any use. | 都有权依照自己的意愿使用 |
[32:13] | Okay, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[32:16] | I’m intrigued enough to allow plaintiff to argue contraceptive fraud. | 我允许对于避孕欺诈的主张 |
[32:20] | Disgusted, but intrigued. | 我觉得很恶心 但是觉得有道理 |
[32:23] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[32:24] | With the caveat… | 给你提个醒 |
[32:28] | …that I have heard no evidence to substantiate such a claim. | 我没发现有证据能证实这么一个说法 |
[32:31] | And the burden of proof remains with Mr. Sweeney. | 举证责任在斯威尼先生这边 |
[32:33] | Then we would like to recall a witness to the stand. | 那我们得重新传唤一位证人出庭 |
[32:36] | These invoices reflect payments Mr. Drescher made to you. | 这些发票可以看出 德烈夏先生给过你钱 |
[32:39] | How do you explain them? | 你怎么解释 |
[32:41] | Compensation. | 这是补偿金 |
[32:42] | Gerald recognizes the value of a good employee. | 杰罗德善于发现有价值的员工 |
[32:45] | But compensation from his shell company? | 从他的皮包公司拿来的补偿金? |
[32:47] | I didn’t know where it came from. I just accepted it. | 我不知道这钱从哪来 我只是收了钱 |
[32:49] | And there was no quid pro quo? | 难道没有其它抵偿条件? |
[32:51] | No…? | 没有什么 |
[32:53] | No trade-off? | 没有其它交换条件? |
[32:55] | No expectations Mr. Drescher | 德烈夏先生没有希望 |
[32:57] | – would receive something in return? – No. | -得到任何回报? -没有 |
[33:00] | Just to clarify, Isobel– | 说明一下 伊索贝尔 |
[33:03] | Ms. Swift– your testimony | 斯威夫特女士 你的证词是 |
[33:05] | is that your child is the result of consensual sex | 你的孩子是你和我们当事人 |
[33:08] | between you and our client? | 自愿性行为的结果? |
[33:10] | Yes, of course. | 是的 没错 |
[33:11] | In February of 2008, did you take a class | 在2008年的2月 你是否参加了 |
[33:14] | about artificial insemination at the Kenwood Learning Center? | 在肯伍德学习中心开办的人工授精课程? |
[33:20] | – Do you need a moment, ms. Swift? – No. | -需要想想吗 斯威夫特女士 -不用 |
[33:23] | I just needed to remember. | 我只是得回忆下 |
[33:26] | Yes, I did take such a class. | 是的 我上过这课程 |
[33:28] | And did you ask the teacher of that class | 那你有没有问过那课程老师 |
[33:31] | how long sperm could survive in a turkey baster? | 精子能在烤火鸡浇油管里存活多久? |
[33:33] | Your Honor, objection. Hearsay. | 反对 法官阁下 这是传闻证据 |
[33:36] | Actually, the question is properly phrased. | 这问题措辞很得当 |
[33:39] | If Ms. D’Arcy went further | 要是达西女士更进一步 |
[33:41] | and asked for the teacher’s response, | 询问老师的回答 |
[33:43] | that would be hearsay, | 那才是传闻证据 |
[33:45] | So you may answer the question. | 你可以回答这个问题 |
[33:49] | I don’t remember what I asked. | 我不记得我问过什么了 |
[33:51] | I might have; I might not have. | 也许问过 也许没问过 |
[33:54] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[33:56] | Ms. Swift, | 斯威夫特女士 |
[33:58] | for the record, | 郑重证明下 |
[33:59] | you never had any quid pro quo with, | 你从来没有和德烈夏先生有过 |
[34:03] | or trade-offs, with Mr. Drescher? | 任何的交换条件? |
[34:05] | – No, I never did. – Thank you. | -没有 我从来没有过 -谢谢 |
[34:07] | – So if… – And I wasn’t going to say this, | -这么说来 -我本来不想说的 |
[34:09] | but since I’m being called a liar, | 可既然我已经被称为骗子了 |
[34:11] | I never asked anybody about a turkey baster. | 我从来没问过关于烤火鸡浇油管的事情 |
[34:14] | Never. | 从来都没有 |
[34:21] | Counselor, | 律师女士 |
[34:23] | anything further? | 还有什么问题吗 |
[34:25] | Actually, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[34:28] | pursuant to the Code of Professional Responsibility, | 根据《职业行为规范》 |
[34:31] | I have no further questions. | 我没有其它问题了 |
[34:46] | You did great today, Caitlin. | 你今天干得很好 凯特琳 |
[34:48] | Really great. | 真的很棒 |
[34:49] | You don’t have to be nice. | 你不必刻意恭维 |
[34:50] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[34:52] | Those are…? | 这些是? |
[34:53] | Invitations. | 参加婚礼的 |
[34:54] | To the wedding. | 请帖 |
[34:56] | Sorry, yesterday I must’ve seemed crazy, | 对不起 我昨天要把这些藏起来 |
[34:59] | hiding them from you. | 肯定看起来神经兮兮的 |
[35:00] | I was just embarrassed. | 只是因为我觉得尴尬 |
[35:03] | I’m… | 我… |
[35:05] | I’m sorry if I came down on you hard before. | 如果我以前对你要求苛刻的话 我深表歉意 |
[35:09] | I think I may have misinterpreted a few things. | 我想我可能对一些事情理解有偏差 |
[35:12] | Office politics around here can tend to make people paranoid. | 这里的办公室政治容易让人疑神疑鬼 |
[35:16] | You didn’t come down hard, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 你没有对我苛刻 |
[35:18] | You were great. | 你很好 |
[35:21] | You’re a good lawyer, Caitlin. | 凯特琳 你是个很棒的律师 |
[35:23] | You’re smart and clever, | 你聪明灵活 |
[35:25] | and you handled today’s questioning like a pro. | 你今天的盘问相当专业 |
[35:28] | You can’t give this up. | 你不能放弃这些啊 |
[35:30] | If you give this up for someone– | 如果你为了某人而放弃这些 |
[35:32] | even someone important to you– | 即便是对你很重要的某个人 |
[35:36] | there’s a chance you’ll regret it. | 你以后很可能会为此后悔的 |
[35:38] | I’m not giving it up for my fiancé. | 我不是为了我的未婚夫而放弃事业的 |
[35:41] | I’m giving it up for myself. | 我是为自己而放弃的 |
[35:44] | I like the law, but I love my fiancé. | 我喜欢法律 但我爱我的未婚夫 |
[35:49] | But you don’t need to choose. | 但你不必二者选其一啊 |
[35:50] | There’s no reason why you can’t work, | 工作 做妻子 当母亲 |
[35:52] | be a wife and a mother. | 完全可以并行不悖啊 |
[35:54] | But I want to choose. | 但是我想选择 |
[35:56] | Maybe it’s different for my generation, but… | 可能对我的同龄人不一样 但 |
[36:00] | I don’t have to prove anything. | 我不必去证明什么事情 |
[36:05] | Or if I have to, I don’t want to. | 即便我必须证明的话 我也不想 |
[36:12] | I’m in love. | 我有我深爱的另一半 |
[36:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:21] | I’m sorry I wasn’t a great mentor, Caitlin. | 凯特琳 对不起 我不是个好师傅 |
[36:24] | You were a great mentor. | 你是个好师傅 |
[36:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:42] | This is Daddy’s law firm, Stanton. | 这是爸爸的律师事务所 斯坦顿 |
[36:44] | Oh, and these are Daddy’s lawyers. | 这是爸爸的律师团 |
[36:54] | Mr. Sweeney, | 斯威尼先生 |
[36:56] | this is… unexpected. | 这 太出乎意料了 |
[36:59] | Yes, well, Isobel and I have reached | 是的 伊索贝尔和我达成了 |
[37:02] | a sensible accommodation, haven’t we? | 明智的和解 是吗 |
[37:05] | We have. | 是的 |
[37:07] | An affidavit pursuant to which my beloved acknowledges | 根据一份宣誓过的声明 我的心爱之人承认 |
[37:10] | she was impregnated by, shall we say, unconventional means. | 她是通过非传统方式受孕的 |
[37:14] | And further acknowledges Mr. Drescher’s involvement. | 同时她也承认了德烈夏先生对此事的参与 |
[37:17] | Remarkable. | 精彩 |
[37:18] | Yes, I’m always happy to swap legal fees | 把律师费换成一个上市公司2000万的股票 |
[37:21] | for a $20 million stake in a public company. | 我永远乐于接受 |
[37:23] | Um, so, uh, | 呃 那么 |
[37:25] | the two of you are now…? | 你们二位现在是 |
[37:27] | Raising a child. | 共同抚养一个孩子 |
[37:31] | Ain’t it grand? | 难道这不棒吗 |
[37:35] | Uh, Mr. Sweeney? | 斯威尼先生 |
[37:37] | Oh, I’ll be right there. | 我一会儿就过来 |
[37:40] | Get the elevator, Stanton. | 去按电梯 斯坦顿 |
[37:42] | I’m happy if you two | 如果你们二位已经做好了 |
[37:44] | have reached an amicable arrangement. | 和睦的安排的话 我很高兴 |
[37:47] | But… are you sure you’re ready for this? | 但是 你确定你对此准备妥当了吗 |
[37:50] | What, being a dad? | 对什么 做父亲吗 |
[37:52] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[37:54] | How hard could it be? | 有什么难的呢 |
[37:55] | I’ll call if I need any child-rearing advice. | 如果需要什么抚养孩子的建议 我会打电话来的 |
[38:01] | Come on, Stanton. | 走吧 斯坦顿 |
[38:03] | Daddy knows a wonderful place… | 爸爸知道一个好玩的地方 |
[38:13] | Oh. We can do this later. | 我们可以等会再继续 |
[38:16] | I’ve looked over the department records. | 我已经查看了部门的记录了 |
[38:18] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[38:20] | Sir, per your request that I notify you of all violations | 长官 你要求我 |
[38:23] | of the anti-fraternization policy, | 将一切同事间私情告知于你 |
[38:25] | and in the spirit of full disclosure… | 同时我也本着充分披露的精神… |
[38:27] | You don’t need to offer me any more names, okay? | 你没必要给我说更多的名字了 好吗 |
[38:29] | Actually, I do. | 事实上 我需要说 |
[38:32] | I dated Dana Lodge. | 我和戴娜·洛奇约会过 |
[38:38] | How recent was this? | 多久之前的事 |
[38:39] | We ended it a few weeks ago. | 我们几周前结束了 |
[38:44] | Was this before we demoted her or after? | 这是在她降职之前 还是之后 |
[38:48] | After. | 之后 |
[38:51] | Not good. | 不好 |
[38:55] | I want to be clear that we did not have sex in your office. | 但要强调 我们没有在你的办公室发生性行为 |
[38:57] | Well, I’m relieved to hear that. | 真欣慰听到这个 |
[39:02] | Bottom line, I thought it was wrong for me to be pointing fingers | 底线是 我以为如果我不揭发自己 |
[39:04] | if I wasn’t going to point one at myself. | 却去揭发别人 是不对的 |
[39:07] | Well, I appreciate your coming forward. | 我很赞赏你能主动坦白 |
[39:10] | It’s brave. | 这很勇敢 |
[39:12] | And it shows character. | 体现了你的品格 |
[39:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:15] | So let’s just leave it at that. | 那么 此事到此为止吧 |
[39:21] | At…? | 到… |
[39:23] | What-what-what do you mean? | 这…这…这是什么意思呢 |
[39:24] | Cary, I don’t condone what you did, | 凯里 我并不宽恕你的行为 |
[39:28] | but I know you. | 但我了解你 |
[39:30] | And I know your heart is in the right place. | 我知道你本质上用心是好的 |
[39:34] | So…. let’s just leave it at that. | 所以 此事到此为止吧 |
[39:37] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[39:38] | sir, you said the rules have to apply to everybody. | 长官 你说过那些规则必须适用于所有人 |
[39:40] | – They do. – But not to me? | -是的 -但对我失效吗 |
[39:43] | – Does anyone else know about you and Dana? – Yeah. | -还有别人知道你和戴娜的事情吗 -是的 |
[39:50] | I think I need to resign. | 我想我得辞职 |
[39:53] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[39:55] | Then I think I need to be placed on temporary leave. | 那么我认为我需要被暂时停职 |
[39:57] | There has to be some consequence, | 我必须承受一些后果 |
[40:00] | or I’m going to lose respect around here, | 不然我在这里将威信扫地 |
[40:02] | and so are you. | 你也一样 |
[40:07] | Let me… | 让我 |
[40:10] | Let me think about it, okay? | 容我三思 行吗 |
[40:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:22] | I don’t think there’s much to get. | 我不认为我们有什么可以争取的 |
[40:24] | She’s not very conflicted. | 她内心并不矛盾 |
[40:26] | I’m not sure the glass ceiling was broken for this. | 我们好像没有为此打破女性升职障碍 |
[40:28] | Actually, it probably was. | 实际上 恐怕已经打破了 |
[40:31] | She’ll be back in 15 years. | 她15年后会回到这里的 |
[40:33] | Like you. | 跟你一样 |
[40:35] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我不这么认为 |
[40:37] | You wanted to discuss salary? | 你前段时间想谈薪水的事? |
[40:40] | I did. | 是的 |
[40:42] | I do. | 现在也是 |
[40:44] | Well, let me gather with Will, and see what we can do. | 那么 我会找来威尔 然后看我们能做些什么 |
[40:48] | It might not be everything you want. | 可能不会完全满足你的要求 |
[40:50] | I understand. | 可以理解 |
[41:17] | Four bedrooms, four baths, | 四间卧室 四间浴室 |
[41:19] | but it’s definitely adaptable. | 但是绝对可以改造 |