时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Look, I am the one who is suffering here. | 听着 我才是受罪的那个 |
[00:10] | Oh, yes, tell us your troubles. | 是吗 把你的问题说来听听 |
[00:12] | I am handling all of Will’s cases, | 我接手了威尔的所有案子 |
[00:14] | and now we’ve lost Caitlin, too. | 现在凯特琳也走了 |
[00:15] | Look, we put someone else into Will’s seat, that’s what we do. | 我们选人坐威尔的位子 就这么办 |
[00:18] | Excuse me. I’m sitting right here. | 抱歉 我就在这里呢 |
[00:19] | There is no “Will’s seat”” | 没什么”威尔的位子”给人坐 |
[00:21] | You’re not here as a lawyer. | 你不是作为律师出席的 |
[00:22] | You might as well not be here at all. | 还不如不要出席 |
[00:23] | That is not the subject of this discussion. | 这话题不在我们的讨论范围内 |
[00:27] | Someone spoke to the Bar Disciplinary Board. | 有人跟律师协会监管委员会说 |
[00:29] | Someone said Will was here working on cases. | 威尔在这里处理案子 |
[00:32] | Now, I’m not going to do anything so dramatic | 我不会做戏一样问 |
[00:34] | as to ask, “Who was it?” | “是谁说的” |
[00:36] | But I will say this. If you have an issue | 但我要说明 如果你对我们 |
[00:38] | with the way we’re running this firm, you come to me. | 管理律所的方式有疑问 来找我 |
[00:40] | You do not stab Will in the back. | 别在威尔背后捅刀子 |
[00:41] | You don’t lie to the Disciplinary Board… | 也不要对监管委员会说谎 |
[00:44] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 稍等 稍等 |
[00:45] | Look, I know nobody wants to respond | 我知道没人想回应 |
[00:48] | because we don’t want to look like judases, | 因为大家都不想被看做叛徒 |
[00:50] | but Will is working on cases. | 但威尔确实在处理案子 |
[00:52] | No, I’m updating associates on the background of my cases. | 不 我是在为接手我案子的人提供信息 |
[00:56] | – What?! – Oh, come on. | -什么 -不是吧 |
[00:57] | You call me an ethical midget? | 你还说我有道德缺陷 |
[01:01] | Just a minute! Wait a minute! | 暂停 稍等 |
[01:04] | We disagree with each other, we keep it in-house! | 我们若有反对意见 关起门来说 |
[01:07] | You want to backstab someone, do it right here. | 想要捅谁刀子 就在这里捅 |
[01:09] | Okay, I disagree. There. | 行 我反对 |
[01:11] | And I urge the equity partners to replace Will until such time… | 我强烈要求权益合伙人先找人替换威尔 直到… |
[01:14] | Then marshal the equity partner votes, and call a meeting. | 那就启动权益合伙人投票 另外召集会议 |
[01:17] | – Are we done here? – No. | -事情说完了 -没有 |
[01:20] | Alicia’s asked for a raise. | 艾丽西娅要求加薪 |
[01:22] | I am advocating a ten percent bump. | 我提议给她加薪10% |
[01:25] | No, you have a dozen third-year associates | 不行 这样会有一打的三年律师 |
[01:27] | who will be asking for the same exact thing. | 来要求相同待遇的 |
[01:29] | – Then we lose her. – And how do you know that? | -那我们会失去她 -你怎么知道 |
[01:31] | Because he’s got a dog in the fight. | 因为他跟她有特殊关系 |
[01:32] | We only want Alicia because of her ties to her husband. | 我们需要艾丽西娅的唯一原因是她丈夫 |
[01:35] | No, we want her because she’s good. | 不 我们需要她因为她很优秀 |
[01:37] | We’re gonna take your word for it? | 优秀与否你一个人说了算吗 |
[01:39] | Look, look, we all know we’re gonna compromise. | 我们肯定得各让一步 |
[01:41] | Can we just compromise? | 就各让一步不行吗 |
[01:49] | Who do you think leaked it? | 你觉得是谁泄露消息的 |
[01:50] | Could be any one of them. | 每个都可能 |
[01:52] | Good thing they don’t like each other, or I’d be dead. | 幸好他们互相讨厌 否则我死定了 |
[01:54] | – Where you headed? – Court. | -你要去哪 -法院 |
[01:58] | Why? You don’t have a case today. | 去做什么 你今天没案子 |
[02:00] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛克哈特 |
[02:01] | L-o-c-k-h-a-r-t. | 洛 克 哈 特 |
[02:05] | And can you describe what happened, Ms. Lockhart? | 能说明一下事情经过吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[02:09] | Yes. I was walking from my car | 好 我在往车走过去时 |
[02:11] | when I saw you in the lobby, | 看到你在大厅里 |
[02:13] | serving a subpoena to that man. | 给那个男人递传票 |
[02:16] | And did you hear me announce myself? | 你听到我做声明了吗 |
[02:18] | Ah, yes. I heard you say, | 听到了 我听到你说 |
[02:20] | “Mr. Dobbs, you have been served.” | “多布斯先生 您被传唤了” |
[02:22] | Then what happened? | 之后呢 发生了什么 |
[02:25] | In your own words, Ms. Lockhart. | 请用自己的话描述 洛克哈特女士 |
[02:28] | Uh, well, uh, that man tried to punch you, | 好 那个男人想打你 |
[02:32] | and then you threw him against the wall. | 而你把他推到了墙上 |
[02:34] | In a manly fashion? | 很有男子气概地吗 |
[02:37] | Yes, I would say so. | 对 在我看来是的 |
[02:38] | He says I threw the first punch. That’s why he’s suing me. | 他说是我先动手的 所以起诉我 |
[02:41] | Uh, that is not what I observed. | 我看到的不是这样 |
[02:42] | You two know each other. That’s why she’s saying that. | 你们俩认识 所以她才这么说 |
[02:45] | Do you and I know each other, Ms. Lockhart? | 我们认识吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[02:49] | Uh, well, you served me with a subpoena, | 你曾给我送过传票 |
[02:52] | so I guess to that extent, we know each other. | 从这个程度说 我们认识 |
[02:55] | Thank you, Ms. Lockhart. | 谢谢 洛克哈特女士 |
[02:56] | Your presence here in small-claims court is a breath of fresh air. | 你的到来为小额索赔法庭带来一阵清风 |
[02:59] | Objection. | 反对 |
[03:00] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[03:01] | And I will ask you to proceed, Mrs. Florrick. | 请你继续 福瑞克夫人 |
[03:04] | So the video was taken from the back of the snowmobile? | 所以视频是在机动雪橇后座上拍的吗 |
[03:07] | Uh, yes, my-my wife was taking it. | 对 我妻子拍的 |
[03:09] | That’s just her cell phone camera. | 用她的手机摄像头 |
[03:13] | And that’s you driving? | 开车的人是你吗 |
[03:14] | Yes. Up at the Rollins Savanna Forest Preserve. | 对 在罗林斯热带草原生态保护区里 |
[03:18] | Then what happened? | 之后发生了什么 |
[03:19] | The snowmobile– it just started changing directions. | 机动雪橇…开始转向了 |
[03:24] | Okay, Grant, slow down. | 格兰特 慢点 |
[03:27] | – Were you steering it toward the trees? – No. | -你控制它转向树了吗 -没有 |
[03:30] | What are you doing?! | 你在做什么 |
[03:31] | The steering column locked, and i… | 转向杆卡住了 我… |
[03:33] | It’s not funny. Stop. | 一点都不好玩 别闹了 |
[03:35] | I couldn’t budge it. | 我掰不动 |
[03:36] | Please slow down! | 拜托 慢一点 |
[03:39] | Grant, slow down! Please! | 格兰特 慢一点 |
[03:51] | And what happened to your wife? | 你妻子怎么了 |
[03:54] | She was in a coma for a week, | 她昏迷了一周 |
[03:57] | and then she… | 然后… |
[04:00] | She… she didn’t make it. | 她…她没撑过来 |
[04:04] | And that’s why you’re suing Snow Plain, | 所以你要起诉雪原公司 |
[04:06] | the makers of your snowmobile? | 也就是机动雪橇的制造商 对吗 |
[04:08] | Yes. Uh, I’ve never sued anyone in my life. | 对 我之前从没起诉过谁 |
[04:12] | Never had much use for the courts. | 完全没有法庭经验 |
[04:13] | My-my parents told me, | 我…我父母教我 |
[04:14] | “If you have a problem with someone, then, you say it to his face,” | “若与人有矛盾 应当面解决” |
[04:16] | but my wife… | 但我妻子… |
[04:21] | she was the best thing in my life. | 她曾是我生命中最美好的存在 |
[04:23] | Okay, let me interrupt right there. | 请允许我在此打断一下 |
[04:26] | Mrs. Florrick, Mr. Hines, | 福瑞克夫人 海因斯先生 |
[04:27] | why don’t you come up here, and we’ll talk? | 请你们过来 聊一聊好吗 |
[04:30] | Here’s the deal. | 我们这么办 |
[04:31] | – First of all, good morning to you all. – Good morning. | -首先 各位早上好 -早上好 |
[04:33] | We’re going into chambers | 我们去内庭 |
[04:35] | for a bench-supervised negotiation. | 进行有监督谈判 |
[04:36] | Your Honor, that’s not necessary. | 法官阁下 没必要这样 |
[04:38] | Counselor Hines, it is. | 海因斯律师 有必要的 |
[04:39] | Your case here is obviously to delay until Mr. Duverney gives up. | 你明显是拖延战术 想拖到达沃尼先生放弃 |
[04:43] | – That’s not true! – And I’m not gonna be a party to that. | -不会的 -而我绝不会参与其中 |
[04:45] | There are no real legal issues to dispute, | 其实没什么法律问题需要纠缠 |
[04:48] | so here is my order. | 所以我命令 |
[04:49] | Marshal your settlement arguments and meet me | 整理好你们的方案论据 |
[04:51] | in chambers in one hour. Understood? | 一小时后在内庭见 明白了吗 |
[04:53] | Yes, Your Honor. | 明白了 法官阁下 |
[04:56] | I think I might try my hand at this lawyering. | 我想我该试试进入律师行业了 |
[04:58] | Very impressive. | 确实令人赞叹 |
[05:00] | So I have to thank you. | 我得谢谢你 |
[05:02] | There’s an art show, or something other, near here. | 附近有个艺术展 或者是别的什么 |
[05:05] | You’re not really into art? | 你不是很喜欢艺术吧 |
[05:07] | No, but I don’t actively dislike it. | 是的 但也不太讨厌 |
[05:09] | I’m sorry, but I have to head back to work. | 抱歉 不过我得回去工作了 |
[05:12] | But you do have to have lunch. | 但你总是要吃午饭的啊 |
[05:15] | Actually, I think someone’s waiting for you? | 实际上 我觉得有人在等你呢 |
[05:19] | Okay, then, tonight. | 好吧 那就约今晚吧 |
[05:23] | I’ll call you. | 我会打电话给你的 |
[05:29] | You thinking of buying? | 你想买这栋房子吗 |
[05:31] | I don’t know what I’m thinking. | 我也没想明白呢 |
[05:33] | Everything’s so expensive these days. | 现在物价这么高 |
[05:35] | Well, you know one thing I learned is, life is short. | 你知道吗 我学到的一件事就是人生短暂 |
[05:38] | You get a chance to bring yourself some pleasure, | 当你有机会给自己找些乐子时 |
[05:40] | you should do it. | 一定要把握住 |
[05:42] | Even if I had the money, I… I don’t know. | 就算我有钱 我也不知道该不该买 |
[05:45] | It’s my old house. | 这是我以前的房子 |
[05:47] | Doesn’t make sense to go backwards. | 搬回去有点儿说不通 |
[05:49] | Hmm. Look at me. | 看着我 |
[05:51] | I’d give anything to go backward. | 我愿意付出一切回到过去 |
[05:54] | Mrs. Florric, the judge is ready for you now. | 福瑞克夫人 法官请你现在进去 |
[05:57] | Here we go. | 走吧 |
[05:58] | What is it about glasses? | 眼镜怎么了 |
[05:59] | I seem to walk into a room, and they disappear. | 好像我一走进房间 它们就消失不见了 |
[06:01] | Your Honor, this is not just about one suit. | 法官阁下 这不是一起诉讼的事儿 |
[06:04] | This is about the class action | 这和洛克哈特&加德纳筹划的 |
[06:05] | that Lockhart & Gardner has in the wings… | 集团诉讼有关 |
[06:06] | No, it is about one suit. We’re asking for $5 million | 不 这就是要价五百万美元的单一诉讼 |
[06:09] | for pain and suffering, loss of spousal support… | 用来补偿失去配偶造成的伤痛和折磨 |
[06:11] | You know, I used to carry around three or four pair of glasses. | 我曾经随身带三四副眼镜 |
[06:15] | At the end of the day, | 但到了一天结束的时候 |
[06:16] | I was like a drunk looking for bottles. Ugh! | 我还是像醉鬼要找酒瓶一样 |
[06:20] | You’re paying, Mr. Hines. | 海因斯先生 你得赔偿 |
[06:22] | By the evidence I’ve seen, you’re paying. | 根据我看到的证据 你得赔偿 |
[06:24] | The only question is, how much? | 唯一的问题是赔偿的数额 |
[06:25] | But you haven’t seen this evidence. | 但你还没看到这则证据 |
[06:27] | – What is it? – Grant Duverney’s medical report. | -这是什么 -格兰特 达沃尼的医疗报告 |
[06:29] | From 2009. Before the accident. | 2009年 是在事故之前 |
[06:31] | Yes, but after his career as a professional hockey player. | 没错 不过是在他从职业冰球手退役之后 |
[06:35] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这份材料指证了什么呢 |
[06:37] | Modified comparative negligence. | 修正性比较过失 |
[06:39] | If your client contributed to the accident– | 如果你的当事人自身情况导致了事故 |
[06:41] | in fact– if he contributed more than 50% to the accident– | 实际上 如果他的因素占了一半以上 |
[06:43] | then he can’t sue us. | 他就不能起诉我们 |
[06:44] | You’re saying that he’s responsible for his wife’s death? | 你是说他该为他妻子的死负责吗 |
[06:46] | I’m saying, given his mental capacity | 我是说 基于他经过86场职业冰球赛 |
[06:48] | after 86 games as a professional hockey player– | 各种身体阻截和打架 |
[06:51] | body checks and fights– | 之后的的精神情况 |
[06:52] | he had no business getting on that snowmobile. | 他没有能力开那辆雪地车 |
[06:55] | Your Honor, this… is despicable. | 法官阁下 这…也太卑鄙了 |
[06:57] | And yet legal, Counselor. | 但这是合法的 |
[06:59] | You’re saying, Counselor Hines, | 你是说 海因斯律师 |
[07:01] | that the plaintiff caused his own accident | 是原告自己把车开撞到树上 |
[07:03] | by steering into a tree? | 造成了事故 |
[07:05] | I’m saying, it contributed. | 我是说 这起事故有他的因素 |
[07:06] | The plaintiff’s apparent condition– | 很显然 原告的身体状况 |
[07:08] | chronic traumatic encephalopathy– | 慢性创伤性脑病 |
[07:10] | was more than 50% of the problem. | 占了引起这起事故因素的比重一半以上 |
[07:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:14] | I’ll be ordering an independent neurological evaluation on Mr. Duverney. | 我会要求对达沃尼做一次独立的神经系统评估 |
[07:19] | We’ll see where that takes us. | 看看结果会是怎样 |
[07:23] | Basically, we’re in trouble. | 简单来说 我们有麻烦了 |
[07:25] | How can we be in trouble? We were in negotiations on this. | 我们怎么会有麻烦呢 我们不是在协商吗 |
[07:27] | They’re going after his hockey career. | 他们把他的冰球职业拿出来当挡箭牌 |
[07:29] | And Judge Rigby is giving them some rope. | 里格比法官也支持了他的说法 |
[07:30] | So there’s truth in their charges? | 那就是说他们的指控有据可循了吗 |
[07:32] | Grant played 86 games as a pro hockey player, | 格兰特打了86场职业冰球比赛 |
[07:36] | and in his 86th start, he was in a fight on the ice, | 在第86场时 他在冰面上参与了一场斗殴 |
[07:39] | and ended up in the hospital. | 最后还住进了医院 |
[07:41] | He never played again. His motor functions were impaired. | 他之后再也没打了 他的运动功能受损了 |
[07:44] | – So, there might be truth. – And how did we not see this coming? | -这有可能是真的咯 -怎么没有人预料到呢 |
[07:47] | Do you have a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[07:52] | – So, this was my case. – Yes. | -这本是我的案子 -没错 |
[07:54] | – And supposedly, a winner. – Which it still is, | -而且我们本应赢的 -现在也是 |
[07:57] | but I have some strategic information | 但我有些策略性的信息 |
[07:59] | I could… share with you. | 我可以…告诉你 |
[08:01] | If it weren’t for the restrictions of your suspension? | 可惜有一道暂停你的职业资格的禁令 |
[08:03] | Yes, which, as I understand it, | 是 按照我的理解 |
[08:05] | prevents me from talking about future strategy, but not… | 它只是禁止我讨论未来的策略 |
[08:07] | Past. That would be updating? | 而不是过去的 因为这算是提供信息 |
[08:09] | Which is within my rights. | 我有这么做的权利 |
[08:12] | Yet, we seem to be in here whispering. | 然而我们还是在这里窃窃私语 |
[08:14] | Consulting. | 是在咨询 |
[08:17] | What do you got? | 你有什么主意呢 |
[08:18] | Bring hockey into it. | 把冰球带进这起官司来 |
[08:20] | Into our case? | 带进我们的案子吗 |
[08:21] | Yes. Their defense is based on modified comparative negligence. | 没错 他们的辩护是根据修正性比较过失 |
[08:25] | If our client is responsible for 50% of his accident, | 如果我们的当事人要承担事故的一半责任 |
[08:28] | he loses, but… | 他输了 但是… |
[08:31] | If professional hockey is responsible for his injuries, | 如果职业冰球联盟该对他的受伤负责 |
[08:34] | then he can collect. | 他也能拿到赔偿 |
[08:35] | And this is your suggested strategy? | 这就是你建议的策略吗 |
[08:37] | It is. | 就是的 |
[08:38] | Well, Diane, | 戴安 |
[08:39] | this is a mistake. | 这么做是个错误 |
[08:41] | Hockey will never pay. | 冰球联盟不会赔偿的 |
[08:42] | To pay would be to open up themselves | 如果赔偿了就会为他们引来 |
[08:44] | to hundreds of lawsuits from former players. | 成百件的退役球员的诉讼案 |
[08:46] | It’s part of the strategy. Pull hockey into this. | 这就是策略的一部分 把冰球联盟拉进来 |
[08:49] | They’ll want to bury it quickly and quietly. | 他们会想迅速并低调地解决的 |
[08:51] | We found our deep pocket. | 我们找到了金主 |
[08:52] | Yes, and in addition, the APHL lawyers will delay. | 对 并且美国职业棒球联盟的律师会拖延 |
[08:55] | So we’ll get a three-month continuance to build our case. | 我们就又有了三个月来立案 |
[08:57] | You want me on it? | 你想让我负责吗 |
[08:59] | Um, I do, but a low priority. | 是的 不过不算太重要的 |
[09:00] | – And, Alicia, do you have a moment? – Yes. | -艾丽西娅 你有时间吗 -有 |
[09:06] | So, we want to keep you happy here, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 我们想让你高兴地留在这里 |
[09:10] | We value all your hard work these past few months. | 我们很欣赏你在过去几个月的努力工作 |
[09:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:15] | Given that, the equity partners have agreed | 基于这样 权益合伙人已签字同意 |
[09:16] | on paper to a bump in your pay. | 增加你的工资 |
[09:19] | – Great. – Uh, yes, but we want to be clear. | -太好了 -不过我们要先说清楚 |
[09:22] | There are 11 other third-year associates, | 还有11个有三年级律师 |
[09:24] | so, we can’t afford an across-the-board raise. | 所以我们付不起太高的涨薪 |
[09:26] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[09:28] | So, here’s what we’re offering. | 这就是我们给出的数额 |
[09:33] | I know, it’s not as much as you think you deserve, | 我知道 这不如你认为你应得的多 |
[09:35] | but take it as a demonstration of our confidence in your future. | 但这表明了我们对你未来发展的信心 |
[09:44] | Thought you might want something. | 估计你想喝点儿酒 |
[09:45] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢了 |
[09:47] | You don’t know who’s leaking | 你不知道是谁向 |
[09:49] | to the disciplinary board about me, do you? | 纪律委员会告密的吧 |
[09:50] | No. You want me to look? | 不知道 你想让我查查吗 |
[09:53] | No. Just if you hear anything. | 不用了 只是看看你有没有听说什么风声 |
[09:54] | You in trouble? | 你有麻烦了吗 |
[09:56] | Sticking to the letter of the law. | 一丝不苟地执行法律条文 |
[09:59] | You gonna leave me here with two beers? | 你要让我一个人喝两瓶啤酒吗 |
[10:01] | You’ll find somebody. | 会有人跟你一起喝的 |
[10:17] | What’s up? | 你好啊 |
[10:19] | You want a beer? | 想喝瓶啤酒吗 |
[10:24] | No. Thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[10:26] | You’re sure? | 真不喝? |
[10:27] | It’s open. | 已经打开了 |
[10:32] | Kalinda, I… | 凯琳达… |
[10:35] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:38] | I can’t help it. I want to move on, but I… | 我不是故意为难你 我想放下包袱 但我 |
[10:41] | Yeah, I… I get it. | 知道了 我能理解 |
[10:43] | Look, we’re working together. | 我们现在可以一起工作 |
[10:44] | That’s good enough, isn’t it? | 这已经挺好的了 是吧 |
[10:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:47] | It’s just not easy for me… | 对我来说 不是那么容易… |
[10:48] | It’s okay, Alicia. | 没关系 艾丽西娅 |
[10:51] | I get it. | 我能理解 |
[11:07] | I’m Louis Canning, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 我是路易斯·坎宁 |
[11:08] | I’ll be representing the interests | 在法庭上由我来代表 |
[11:09] | of the All Professional Hockey League. | 全美职业冰球联盟的利益 |
[11:11] | Welcome, Mr. Canning. | 欢迎你 坎宁先生 |
[11:12] | You saw the amended complaint? | 你看到起诉书的修正版本了 |
[11:13] | I did, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 我看过了 |
[11:14] | and a baroque piece of work it is. | 里面有太多凌乱的雕琢 |
[11:15] | Baroque, and yet, | 就算有凌乱的雕琢 |
[11:17] | if Snow Plain insists | 如果雪原公司坚持 |
[11:19] | on a modified comparative negligence defense, | 使用修正式比较过失原则来辩护 |
[11:21] | I see no other option than to offer the plaintiff | 我除了允许原告提出新的被告 |
[11:23] | a chance to combine charges of negligence. | 将所有过失合并起诉之外别无他法了 |
[11:26] | Darn. | 真该死 |
[11:27] | Yes, Your Honor, | 是的 法官阁下 |
[11:28] | we accept the modified complaint. | 我们接受起诉内容的变更 |
[11:29] | Then I expect you’ll be asking for an extension? | 那你们现在该申请延期审理了吧 |
[11:31] | Oh, no, no, we’re ready to go. | 不 不 我们准备好了 |
[11:34] | Right now. | 不需要延期 |
[11:36] | In fact, we welcome the chance | 实际上 我们很期待这次机会 |
[11:43] | He thinks you’re not prepared. | 他觉得你没有准备好 |
[11:44] | Excuse me, Will, you can’t be saying anything. | 对不起 威尔 你什么都不能说 |
[11:48] | We need to move quickly on all fronts. | 我们需要迅速地展开各方面的工作 |
[11:50] | I’ll get on with Kalinda. | 我来通知凯琳达 |
[12:11] | That’s Cameron Raker, Minnesota’s enforcer. | 那个是卡梅隆·瑞克 明尼苏达队的打手 |
[12:14] | You just had to expect this. | 这种冲突早晚会发生 |
[12:15] | A lot of bad blood between these two teams. | 这两只队伍之间有太多过节 |
[12:18] | Oh, my! | 哦 天呐 |
[12:19] | Raker landed one square on. | 瑞克一记重拳打中对手 |
[12:21] | He’s flat on… | 他倒地不起 |
[12:22] | There was a criminal battery investigation in 2009, | 2009年做了刑事调查 罪名是故意伤害 |
[12:26] | but charges were never brought. | 但并没有提出正式指控 |
[12:27] | It would be helpful to get that investigation. | 如果能拿到刑事调查的资料会很有用处 |
[12:29] | I’m on it. | 我去弄 |
[12:29] | Good, and Will has a friend | 太好了 威尔有个朋友 |
[12:31] | who’s a top neurologist at Northwestern. | 是西北大学的顶级神经科医生 |
[12:33] | A Dr. Wedd, he specializes in sports injuries. | 叫韦德医生 他以运动创伤为专长 |
[12:36] | He’s agreed to testify as to | 他同意为我们作证 |
[12:37] | how team doctors mishandled Grant. | 证明队医对格兰特治疗不当 |
[12:39] | – I’ll prep him. – Great. | -我会帮他准备 -好 |
[12:41] | Mr. Canning thinks he’s caught us off guard. | 坎宁先生以为他已经让我们措手不及 |
[12:43] | Let’s show him he hasn’t, hmm? | 我们得向他证明他错了 |
[12:45] | Hi, Marina, I’ve decided against the house. | 喂 马瑞娜 我决定不买那栋房子了 |
[12:47] | I just don’t have the money for the down payment. | 我的钱不够 付不起首付 |
[12:50] | Yes, I’ll call if anything changes, | 是的 如果有变化我会给你打电话 |
[12:52] | but I don’t think it will. | 但我觉得不会有什么变化 |
[12:54] | This is me in reporter mode. | 我现在是记者模式 |
[12:55] | Ah, very impreivive. How was London? | 很不错 伦敦的生活怎么样 |
[12:58] | London-y? | 很有伦敦的感觉 |
[13:00] | How was here? | 你在这里过得怎么样 |
[13:02] | You’re looking pretty casual today. | 你今天看起来挺休闲的 |
[13:04] | A lot has happened. | 发生了很多事情 |
[13:05] | I’m gonna be taping this, if that’s all right. | 如果你不介意 我现在开始录音 |
[13:07] | It is, but I don’t have much to say. | 我不介意 但我没什么可说的 |
[13:09] | Sporting News has me covering this hockey lawsuit. | 体育新闻让我报道这起针对冰球的诉讼 |
[13:11] | I’m just wondering, are you crazy? | 我想知道你是不是疯了 |
[13:14] | Going up against hockey? | 跟冰球打官司 |
[13:16] | Here’s the problem, Miss Linnata. | 琳娜塔小姐 原因就在这里 |
[13:17] | It was my suit, | 我曾经负责这个案子 |
[13:19] | but I’ve had a little legal trouble of my own, | 但我自己遇到了点法律上的小麻烦 |
[13:22] | and I’ve been suspended from practicing law for six months. | 我的律师资格被暂停了6个月 |
[13:25] | You? | 你? |
[13:27] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:28] | What happened? | 发生了什么事情 |
[13:30] | I cut some corners. | 我走了点捷径 |
[13:31] | I’m a corner-cutter. | 我是个爱走捷径的人 |
[13:33] | Ah, so this is a 12-step program? | 那你这个算是12步改变自我计划咯? |
[13:35] | Yes, step three, admitting my faults. | 是的 这是第三步 承认自己的错误 |
[13:38] | I had to hand off the case to other fine lawyers here, | 我得把自己负责的案子交给其他律师去做 |
[13:40] | so you probably want to ask Julius Cain | 所以你还是去采访朱利叶斯·凯恩吧 |
[13:43] | whether he’s crazy to go after hockey. | 问问他是不是疯了 跟冰球打官司 |
[13:45] | – And who’s the other lawyer? – What? | -另一个律师是谁呢 -什么 |
[13:47] | You said there were two lawyers. | 你刚才说有两个律师 |
[13:48] | Who’s the other lawyer? | 另一个是谁呢 |
[13:50] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[13:51] | Oh… yes. | 哦 对了 |
[13:54] | Alicia. How is she doing? | 艾丽西娅 她还好吗 |
[13:56] | – Good. – Good. | -她挺好的 -很好 |
[13:59] | I’m so glad for her. | 我真替她高兴 |
[14:04] | Well, it’s good seeing you, Will. | 威尔 今天跟你见面我很高兴 |
[14:10] | You’re looking good. | 你今天看起来特精神 |
[14:11] | Thank you. You are, too. | 谢谢 你也很精神 |
[14:13] | Good luck with your other nine steps. | 祝你接下来的9个步骤一切顺利 |
[14:16] | The league ended up suspending Cameron Raker | 联盟决定禁止卡梅隆·瑞克参赛 |
[14:18] | for the rest of the season, | 直到赛季结束 |
[14:20] | so the state’s attorney at the time, | 所以当时的州检察官 |
[14:22] | Peter Florrick, | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[14:23] | thought it wasn’t worth pursuing. | 觉得没必要提出正式指控 |
[14:26] | But what was the charge gonna be? | 如果正式指控 那罪名会是什么呢 |
[14:28] | I mean, why was this treated different | 为什么这起打架事件的处理方式 |
[14:30] | than any other fight on the ice? | 跟其他的冰球冲突不一样 |
[14:31] | Well, the concussion was severe, | 首先脑震荡的伤情很严重 |
[14:33] | and we were looking into it being a premeditated hit. | 而且我们觉得这是蓄谋已久的攻击行为 |
[14:36] | Raker targeted our client? | 瑞克盯上了我们的当事人 |
[14:38] | The whole team targeted your client. | 整个球队都盯上了你的当事人 |
[14:41] | Any chance I could see the investigative report on that? | 能不能把调查的报告给我看一下 |
[14:44] | Or just a peek? | 看一眼也行 |
[14:46] | Funny that you’ve been sent here and not Kalinda. | 他们派你来而不是凯琳达 挺有意思 |
[14:50] | – I volunteered. – Really? | -我自愿的 -是么 |
[14:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:58] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[15:03] | How are you doing? | 你最近怎么样 |
[15:06] | Well, I’m not in the deputy’s office. | 我已经不再是副检察官了 |
[15:09] | Yes, I, um… I wasn’t gonna say anything. | 是啊 我没打算提这件事 |
[15:12] | Things have changed. Self-inflicted wound. | 世道变了 这是我自找的 |
[15:15] | Are you safe? | 你的位置安全吗 |
[15:17] | Nobody’s told me otherwise, | 没人告诉我不安全 |
[15:19] | and that usually means no. | 这通常代表我快出事了 |
[15:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:25] | Cameron Raker. | 卡梅隆·瑞克 |
[15:26] | I am a professional ice hockey left-winger. | 我是一名职业冰球选手 打左前锋 |
[15:28] | And you’re the team’s enforcer? | 你是你们球队的打手? |
[15:30] | Objection, Your Honor, that’s not an official hockey position. | 反对 法官阁下 那不是冰球位置的正式说法 |
[15:33] | Mrs. Florrick is just using the term to bias these proceedings. | 福瑞克夫人想利用此术语引起您的偏见 |
[15:35] | I don’t understand, what’s the bias? | 我没明白 偏见何在 |
[15:37] | Well, an enforcer is someone on a hockey team who responds | 打手在冰球队中的作用是 |
[15:40] | to supposedly dirty plays from the opposing team | 以猛烈进攻来应对 |
[15:43] | by attacking aggressively… | 对方球队的作弊行为 |
[15:45] | And thank you, Mrs. Florrick, for that biased definition. | 福瑞克夫人 谢谢你这个充满偏见的定义 |
[15:47] | Well, do you want me to explain the bias or not? | 你是不是要我解释什么是偏见 |
[15:49] | Okay, thank you. | 好了 谢谢二位 |
[15:51] | I am enlightened without bias. | 我明白了 但没产生偏见 |
[15:53] | Mr. Raker, | 瑞克先生 |
[15:54] | what is the official title for your position? | 你所处位置的正式称谓是什么 |
[15:57] | Uh, left wing. | 左边锋 |
[15:57] | Okay, that’s what we’ll call it from now on. | 好 从现在起我们就这么称呼 |
[16:00] | – Left wing. – And I… | -左边锋 -我 |
[16:04] | Mr. Raker… | 瑞克先生 |
[16:06] | in your capacity as a left-winger, | 你作为左边锋 |
[16:09] | did your coach ever ask you to violently respond to a dirty play? | 教练是否曾要求你对作弊还以暴力 |
[16:12] | He asked me to check offenders who crossed the line, you know? | 他叫我阻截太过分的犯规对手 |
[16:15] | And has he ever asked you to take a player out? | 他是否曾叫你除掉一个球员 |
[16:18] | If you mean “Out” by checking those offenders legally, | 如果你说的”除掉”是指合法地阻截那些犯规者的话 |
[16:21] | then yes. | 那么 是的 |
[16:23] | That’s Christian Lund, your teammate, | 这是克里斯蒂安·兰德 你的队友 |
[16:26] | the star player under contract for 6.3 million? | 合约价值630万的明星球手 |
[16:28] | – Yeah. – I’m sorry, | -是的 -抱歉 |
[16:29] | I’ve got to come closer; I can’t see. | 我要靠近些 我看不到 |
[16:31] | Oh, certainly, Your Honor. | 没问题 法官阁下 |
[16:36] | And who is that who took out your star player? | 那个除掉你们明星球手的人是谁 |
[16:40] | Him. | 是他 |
[16:41] | Oh, devastating hit by Duverney on Lund. | 兰德被达沃尼施以毁灭性的一击 |
[16:44] | And the best man on the ice is taken down by a fourth-liner. | 冰上的最佳球手被一个四线球员拿下了 |
[16:48] | Was your team outraged by this hit, Mr. Raker? | 你的队友是否都因此很气愤 瑞克先生 |
[16:51] | I wouldn’t say we were outraged. We were concerned. | 不能说气愤 应该说我们很焦虑 |
[16:54] | Lund is pretty important to us. | 兰德对我们来说非常重要 |
[16:56] | But did you see this postgame interview? | 那你看过这段赛后采访吗 |
[16:59] | You hit us like that, it’s not over. | 你这样攻击我们 这事没完 |
[17:02] | We’ve got your number, Duverney. | 我们记下你的号码了 达沃尼 |
[17:04] | We’ll see you in February. | 二月的时候等着瞧 |
[17:06] | Nope, didn’t see it. | 没 没看过 |
[17:08] | But isn’t that your jersey, Mr. Raker, | 但背景里这件球衣不是你的吗 瑞克先生 |
[17:11] | in the background within earshot of this interview? | 你完全能听到采访内容 |
[17:16] | Looks like it. I-I don’t remember. | 看起来好像是 我不记得了 |
[17:18] | And by, “We’ll see you in February,” | 而所谓”二月的时候等着瞧” |
[17:20] | did your coach mean the next time | 你的教练是不是指下次 |
[17:21] | you were playing against my client’s team? | 你们与我当事人的球队比赛的时候 |
[17:24] | I don’t know, could have meant anything, really. | 我不知道 这可以有很多种意思 |
[17:26] | But didn’t it mean this game on February 15? | 但它不就是指2月15日的这次比赛吗 |
[17:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:35] | Maybe. I guess. | 我想 有可能吧 |
[17:41] | We’ve got a problem here. | 我们现在有点麻烦 |
[17:42] | No, it’s your neurologist friend at Northwestern, | 不 是你那西北大学的神经学专家朋友 |
[17:45] | Dr. Wedd, the one we want to hire for the trial. | 韦德博士 我们想雇来出庭的那个 |
[17:48] | He says he’s never heard of you. | 他说根本不认识你 |
[17:51] | He what? | 他说什么 |
[17:52] | Yeah, he said he was too busy to talk, | 是的 他说太忙没时间谈 |
[17:54] | and then he just rushed out of the office. | 然后就急匆匆地离开办公室了 |
[17:56] | You know what I think? | 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[17:57] | Yeah, ’cause I’m thinking it, too. | 知道 我也正这么想 |
[17:59] | Canning got to him. | 坎宁找上他了 |
[18:00] | Paid him off. | 收买了他 |
[18:01] | Do we have a second-best option? | 我们有备用人选吗 |
[18:03] | No, not for hockey impact studies. | 没有 没有研究冰球撞击这方面的 |
[18:05] | You may have another play. | 你可以有别的办法 |
[18:06] | Given that I can’t suggest new legal strategy, | 鉴于我不能提出新的法律策略 |
[18:11] | I think you’ll know what I’m about to say. | 我想你应该知道我要说什么 |
[18:13] | Find out if Canning paid him off, | 弄清楚坎宁是否收买了他 |
[18:15] | and see if we can prove fraud. | 看我们能否证明有欺诈行为 |
[18:16] | Obviously, I can’t comment, | 显然 我无可奉告 |
[18:18] | but it sounds like you’re in movement. | 但听起来你已经有所行动了 |
[18:20] | I am. Following your neurologist friend | 是的 我在跟踪你那神经学专家朋友 |
[18:23] | see if he’s going to meet up with Canning. | 看他是不是要去见坎宁 |
[18:24] | Obviously, I can’t comment. | 显然 我无可奉告 |
[18:27] | I will keep you in the loop. | 有情况我会告诉你 |
[18:28] | Not at my urging. | 不是我要你说的 |
[18:30] | Bye. | 再见 |
[18:31] | Okay, let me know when you find out more. | 好 你查到什么情况就告诉我 |
[18:39] | Back to our old ways, are we? | 我们又回到老套路上了 是吗 |
[18:40] | And what ways might those be? | 你指什么套路 |
[18:42] | Paying off our neurological expert. | 你收买了我们的神经学专家 |
[18:47] | Are you happy at Lockhart & Gardner, Mrs. Florrick? | 你在洛&加律所干得开心吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[18:49] | I am happy. | 开心啊 |
[18:50] | You don’t look happy. Uh-huh. | 但你看起来不开心 |
[18:52] | Why are you second chair to Julius when you’re doing all the heavy lifting? | 为什么你累死累活的却是朱利叶斯的次席律师 |
[18:55] | Because Julius is an equity partner. | 因为朱利叶斯是权益合伙人 |
[18:56] | And you’re not; why is that? | 而你不是 为什么会这样 |
[18:58] | Okay. Here’s the problem. | 好吧 问题是这样的 |
[19:01] | I see how we treat lawyers who are poached. | 我见过被挖墙脚律师的下场 |
[19:04] | They’re the first ones out the door. | 最先被扫地出门的就是他们 |
[19:06] | They’re the ones we don’t trust, | 得不到信任的也是他们 |
[19:08] | and that is why I will not be poached. | 因此我是不会被挖墙脚的 |
[19:11] | The problem at Lockhart & Gardner is they treat it like a family. | 洛&加的问题就在于他们把律所当成家 |
[19:14] | They treat loyalty as an absolute good. | 他们标榜忠诚 |
[19:16] | – And it’s not? – At home it is; | -难道不对吗 -在家里是该这样 |
[19:18] | at work it’s talent and professionalism that matter. | 但在工作中应该重视才干与职业精神 |
[19:21] | That’s why I don’t hold a grudge. | 因此我不会记仇 |
[19:23] | You come and work for me, | 你来跟着我干 |
[19:23] | you’ll be judged on the value of your work and only your work. | 我只会以你工作的价值来评价你 |
[19:27] | Let me make you an offer. | 我给你发份要约吧 |
[19:29] | No. | 不行 |
[19:31] | Afraid Mommy and Daddy at Lockhart & Gardner might get upset? | 怕洛&加的爸爸妈妈看到不高兴吗 |
[19:35] | I’ll see you in court. | 法庭见 |
[19:36] | See you in court. | 法庭见 |
[19:38] | And, Dr. Rubich, as the team doctor, | 鲁比克博士 作为队医 |
[19:39] | you were the first to assess Grant’s injuries? | 你是第一个接触到格兰特的伤势的吗 |
[19:42] | Yes, I examided Grant in the dressing room right after the fight. | 对 格兰特一打完架我就在更衣室为他做了检查 |
[19:45] | – And you tested him for symptoms of concussion? – Yes. | -你为他做了脑震荡症状的测试吗 -是的 |
[19:47] | How long was the examination? | 检查时间有多长 |
[19:49] | About 15 minutes. | 大约15分钟 |
[19:50] | And then you cleared him to get back into the game? | 然后你就确定他可以回赛场去比赛了吗 |
[19:52] | He seemed fine. | 他看上去没问题 |
[19:53] | He, uh, even made a pretty hard check in the last minute. | 他甚至在最后一分钟还来了个很猛的阻截 |
[19:56] | – Saved the team a goal. – And yet, three days later, | -助球队保住一分 -而三天后 |
[19:58] | he was in the hospital and never played again. | 他进了医院 再也不能打球了 |
[20:00] | Yes, that’s my understanding. | 据我所知是的 |
[20:01] | When you conducted my client’s exit physical, | 当你对我的当事人进行离场身体检查时 |
[20:03] | what did you write in the file in regard to head injuries? | 关于头部伤势你在资料上是怎么描述的 |
[20:06] | I didn’t write anything. | 我什么都没写 |
[20:07] | I saw no need to. | 我觉得不需要 |
[20:09] | Dr. Rubich, what’s a baseline test? | 鲁比克医生 基准线测试是什么意思 |
[20:12] | It’s a neuro-psychological test we run on players | 是在赛季开始之前对球员进行的 |
[20:16] | before the start of the season. | 一项神经心理测试 |
[20:17] | In the event they suffer a head injury during a game, | 假如他们在比赛中头部受伤 |
[20:20] | we can determine if it’s a concussion | 我们就可以通过对比测试结果 |
[20:22] | by comparing the results. | 来判断是否有脑震荡 |
[20:24] | And did you perform those tests on Grant Duverney | 在格兰特 达沃尼被卡梅隆·瑞克击倒后 |
[20:26] | after he was knocked down by Cameron Raker? | 你是否对他进行了这些测试呢 |
[20:27] | Yes, and the results were identical with the baseline. | 是的 测试结果与基准线完全一致 |
[20:31] | There were no signs of brain trauma. | 并没有脑损伤的迹象 |
[20:33] | So, in other words, you did your job? | 换句话说 你尽了你的职责? |
[20:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:36] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢 医生 |
[20:37] | We need our neurologist. | 我们需要我们的神经科专家 |
[20:39] | Kalinda thinks he’ll meet with Canning after court. | 凯琳达认为他在庭审后会跟坎宁见面 |
[21:04] | Hello? | 你好 |
[21:07] | Diane? | 戴安? |
[21:08] | Kalinda? | 凯琳达? |
[21:09] | Yeah, | 是我 |
[21:11] | guess who our neurologist is with? | 猜猜看谁跟我们的神经科专家在一起 |
[21:13] | Canning? | 坎宁? |
[21:14] | No, not Canning. | 不是 不是坎宁 |
[21:15] | Frank Michael Thomas. | 弗兰克·迈克·托马斯 |
[21:18] | What, the actor? | 什么 那个演员 |
[21:19] | And the lawyer. | 兼任律师 |
[21:20] | I don’t understand, what does he have to do with hockey? | 我不明白 他跟冰球案有什么关系 |
[21:22] | I have no idea, but I thought | 我不知道 不过我认为 |
[21:24] | you should come down and talk to him. | 你应该过来跟他谈谈 |
[21:29] | No, I can’t right now. | 我现在不行 |
[21:30] | Um, just take some pictures and… | 先拍些照片 |
[21:34] | Uh, yeah, just do what you normally do. | 就按你平常来 |
[21:37] | I’ll talk to you. | 我回头跟你说 |
[21:38] | Just call Alicia and Will. | 给艾丽西娅和威尔打电话 |
[21:41] | Hello, Jack. | 你好 杰克 |
[21:43] | Shall I assume you’re 40 minutes late | 你迟到40分钟 |
[21:45] | because of Australian standard time? | 难道是因为澳大利亚的时差吗 |
[21:47] | I wish it were the case. | 我希望如此 |
[21:48] | I also wish you won’t hate me | 我还希望我告诉你我有点麻烦事的话 |
[21:50] | when I tell you I have a complication. | 你不会记恨我 |
[21:52] | Another time, Diane, I promise. | 改天吧 戴安 我保证 |
[21:54] | Just tell me you don’t hate me. | 告诉我你没记恨我 |
[21:56] | I don’t hate you. | 我不恨你 |
[21:58] | Go uncomplicate your complication. | 解决你的麻烦事吧 |
[22:17] | You’ve reached the personal voice mail of Kurt McVeigh. | 您已接通库尔特·麦克维的语音信箱 |
[22:20] | I’m unavailable right… | 我现在不能… |
[22:26] | Can I have the check, please? | 买单 |
[22:34] | Yes? | 你好 |
[22:36] | Oh, I’m sorry. I, uh… | 抱歉 我… |
[22:38] | -I-Is this…? -Are you here to see Kurt? | -这里是… -你是来找库尔特的? |
[22:41] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[22:42] | I hope I’m not, uh… | 我希望我没… |
[22:44] | No, come in. | 没事 请进 |
[22:49] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[22:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:52] | And surprise. | 惊喜吧 |
[22:54] | After what, a year? | 都多久了 一年? |
[22:57] | Did you just happen to be in the neighborhood? | 你刚好在附近吗 |
[22:59] | No. Uh, but I think | 不是 不过我觉得 |
[23:02] | I should call the cab back and return to mine. | 我该把出租车叫回来 打道回府 |
[23:05] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[23:07] | It’s a 40-mile drive. | 那得有40里路呢 |
[23:16] | And that’s when I found my voice. | 我就在那时形成了自己的独创风格 |
[23:18] | Acting is all about the voice. | 做演员 最重要的就是独创性 |
[23:22] | Well, Will Gardner. | 你好 威尔·加德纳 |
[23:24] | How you doing? Good, sir. | -你还好吗 -很好 先生 |
[23:26] | Till I found you stole our neurologist. | 直到我发现你撬走了我们的神经科专家 |
[23:28] | Really? | 真的? |
[23:29] | I didn’t realize he was in a position to be stolen. | 我没意识到我是在撬人墙角 |
[23:32] | Nice to meet you, ladies. | 很高兴认识你们 女士们 |
[23:37] | So you’re working for Louis Canning now? | 这么说你现在替路易斯·坎宁工作了? |
[23:40] | Nope. | 不是 |
[23:44] | You’re suing hockey? | 你要告冰球联盟? |
[23:46] | Yep. | 是的 |
[23:48] | Class action, seven players. | 集团诉讼 七个球员 |
[23:50] | – Head injuries? – Yep. | -头部伤害? -是的 |
[23:52] | APHL’s been mishandling head injuries | 北美冰球联盟自打第一次 |
[23:54] | ever since the first time they strapped a metal blade | 把冰刀装到靴子底下起 |
[23:57] | to the underside of a boot. | 就一直草率处理球员头部伤害 |
[23:59] | I’m hoping to make it right for these players. | 我想替那些球员讨回个公道 |
[24:01] | Then join us. | 那就加入我们吧 |
[24:02] | Pool our resources. | 集中双方的资源 |
[24:04] | Make the league fight a multifront war. | 对冰球联盟多线作战 |
[24:07] | Well, I appreciate the offer, but, uh, my answer’s got to be: | 我很感激你的提议 但我的回答是 |
[24:12] | not a chance in hell. | 绝对不可能 |
[24:14] | Louis Canning is using your case | 坎宁是想趁我起诉之前 |
[24:16] | to establish legal precedent before I file mine. | 利用你的案子创一个判例 |
[24:19] | Whupping you makes it easier for him to fight me. | 把你们先打趴下 利于日后和我对抗 |
[24:21] | Which is why he was prepared and so eager to rush to court. | 所以他才那么急着上庭 |
[24:24] | Yep. Well, good luck. | 没错 祝你们好运 |
[24:26] | Hockey will be fighting you to the last man. | 冰球联盟会跟你们斗到底的 |
[24:30] | And you’re going to lose. | 你们输定了 |
[24:33] | You’re going to lose bad. | 你们会一败涂地 |
[24:41] | At least we’re offering a choice. | 至少我们提供了选择权 |
[24:43] | Unlike your socialist, fascist campaign, | 不像你们那社会主义法西斯主义般的竞选 |
[24:45] | ours is a horse race. With four hobbled horses. | -我们的是场公平的赛马 -四匹瘸马 |
[24:48] | Not too hobbled to beat your man, Obama. | 瘸归瘸 打败你们的奥巴马还绰绰有余 |
[24:49] | Did you think we were going to listen | 你以为我们会乖乖听灰发老头的话 |
[24:51] | to the gray hairs, hand it to Romney? | 把大权交给罗姆尼吗? |
[24:53] | Bloody battle’s healthy– fires people up. | 浴血之战才好 激发人们的斗志 |
[24:55] | Yes, particularly billionaires | 没错 特别激发那些 |
[24:56] | putting down payments on candidates. | 在候选人身上下重注的富豪们 |
[24:58] | Ah, the Highland Park liberal. | 啊 住在高地公园的民主党人 |
[25:00] | Cries foul about the evil Republican super PACs | 一边对邪恶共和党的超级政治基金大喊犯规 |
[25:02] | as she writes a check to Obama’s. | 一边却在给奥巴马签支票送钱 |
[25:04] | Shall we drink to your allegedly non-activist Supreme Court? | 为你们那号称客观裁量的最高法院干一杯? |
[25:07] | Right. Scalia, Alito, the rest of the big, scary five. | 没错 斯卡利亚 阿利托 还有五人团其余几位 |
[25:10] | Four. We’re wearing Kennedy down. | 四人团 我们要把肯尼迪攻陷了 |
[25:13] | All part of our clever Highland Park liberal plan. | 这是我们高地公园自由派计划的一部分 |
[25:17] | Well, I would love to stay and keep proving you wrong, | 我很乐意接着证明你大错特错 |
[25:20] | but I’ve got an early forensics class, | 但我明早还有法证课 |
[25:22] | and my instructor here gets surly | 迟到的话 |
[25:25] | if we’re late, so… | 我这位老师可是要发飙的 |
[25:26] | It was nice meeting you, Diane. | 很高兴认识你 戴安 |
[25:28] | And you, Miranda. Keep breathing that fire. | 我也是 米兰达 继续口吐莲花吧 |
[25:30] | – See you tomorrow, Kurt. – Yeah. | -明天见 库尔特 -好 |
[25:39] | Oh, she’s wonderful. | 她很不错 |
[25:41] | Crack shot, too. | 还是个神枪手 |
[25:43] | Crime labs will be climbing all over each other to hire her. | 那些法证实验室会争着抢着雇她的 |
[25:46] | So she’s your… | 这么说她是你的… |
[25:48] | protege? | 学徒? |
[25:52] | You could call her that. | 可以这么说 |
[25:54] | Well, you two certainly are of, uh, like minds. | 你们俩想法挺相似的 |
[25:57] | Except I like a good argument. | 但我更喜欢跟人争论 |
[25:59] | Consensus is less… | 两厢情愿就没了 |
[26:03] | interesting. | 乐趣 |
[26:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[26:11] | Is this a regular thing? | 这是你的习惯吗 |
[26:13] | Dropping in on men you haven’t seen in a year? | 顺道拜访下已一年未见的男人 |
[26:30] | I could use some direction here. | 我需要些指示搞搞清楚 |
[26:33] | Wh- What exactly is this? | 这到底算什么 |
[26:39] | It’s me missing you. | 我想你了 |
[26:41] | And hoping you feel likewise. | 同时希望你的心情也如此 |
[26:52] | The real estate lady called. | 那个女房地产商打来电话 |
[26:54] | She thinks that they’ll take ten percent down. | 她认为他们会降价百分之十 |
[26:58] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:01] | The real estate lady should not be telling you that. | 女房地产商不应该告诉你这事 |
[27:04] | She’s calling here because she wants | 她打来这里是因为她想 |
[27:07] | to get you two excited about the house. | 让你们俩因此而激动雀跃 |
[27:08] | No, she was just being nice. | 不 她只是想帮忙 |
[27:11] | I’ll talk to her. She should not be calling here. | 我会和她谈的 她不该打到家里 |
[27:14] | You’re really trying to make it work, huh? | 你是在想办法买回房子吧 |
[27:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:23] | I- I knew they’d come after me. | 我知道他们会盯上我 |
[27:26] | I was a marked man. | 我就是众矢之的 |
[27:27] | Because of your check in that first game on their star, | 是因为你在第一场比赛中撞了他们的主力 |
[27:30] | Christian Lund? | 克里斯蒂安·兰德吗 |
[27:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:32] | Cameron Raker was six-foot-three, 225 pounds. | 卡梅隆·瑞克身高1米87 体重205斤 |
[27:35] | How big were you, Grant? | 你的体型如何 格兰特 |
[27:37] | Five-eleven, 190. | 身高1米77 体重172斤 |
[27:39] | Yet, when he goaded you, | 但当他挑衅你之后 |
[27:40] | you fought him. | 你就和他打起来了 |
[27:42] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[27:43] | If… if I hadn’t fought, | 如果我不还击 |
[27:44] | they would have gone after one of our star players. | 他们就会去围攻我们队的主力之一了 |
[27:46] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么这么肯定 |
[27:47] | ‘Cause we would have done the same thing. | 因为换做是我们也会这么做 |
[27:49] | It’s… it’s the game. | 这… 就是比赛 |
[27:51] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[27:52] | First, let me start by saying | 首先 请允许我 |
[27:54] | how sorry I am about your recent medical developments. | 对您近日所遭受的医疗事故致以诚挚问候 |
[27:57] | If I can offer some advice from personal experience: | 而我从个人经历所能给你的建议就是 |
[28:00] | one day at a time. | 时间漫长 终会过去??? |
[28:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:04] | So this baseline test the doctor gave you | 赛季初 在医生为你做的 |
[28:06] | at the start of the season– did you fake yours? | 基准线测试里 你有掺假吗 |
[28:11] | Did- did I…? | 我 我掺… |
[28:14] | I’m- I- I don’t… I’m not sure I understand… | 我 我不太懂… |
[28:16] | Weren’t you told by a teammate to fake the test? | 队友不是告诉你要对测试数据掺假吗 |
[28:18] | You know, tap on the keyboard a little slower | 比如敲键盘时速度稍慢点 |
[28:20] | or mix up the numbers on the test grid. | 或者搞错方格试片上的数字 |
[28:23] | That way, if you suffered a head injury during a game, | 利用那种方法 即使你比赛时头部受伤 |
[28:24] | the team doctors would see similar results | 队医也会观察到类似的结果 |
[28:26] | and clear you to play. | 然后同意你比赛 |
[28:27] | Objection. | 反对 |
[28:28] | – Hearsay. – My apologies, Your Honor. | -这是传闻证据 -抱歉 法官阁下 |
[28:30] | I should have submitted this | 我早该递交这份 |
[28:31] | evidence deposition from one Anthony Murillo, | 由穆律罗所提供的证词 |
[28:34] | who was Mr. Duverney’s roommate during his rookie season. | 他是达沃尼先生新晋赛季时的室友 |
[28:36] | Mr. Duverney, one more time. | 达沃尼先生 再请问一次 |
[28:39] | Did you fake your baseline test? | 你对基准线测试掺假了吗 |
[28:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:49] | So, if you hadn’t faked your test, | 所以 如果你没有测试掺假 |
[28:51] | they would have been able to diagnose you and treat you properly. | 那他们就能对你做出恰当的诊断和治疗了 |
[28:53] | Objection– beyond the witness’s expertise. | 反对 超证人专业知识 |
[28:55] | Withdrawn. No… no further questions, Your Honor. | 我收回 没 没问题了 法官阁下 |
[28:59] | Grant, why did you fake your baseline test? | 格兰特 你为何要对测试掺假 |
[29:02] | For the same reason a lot of players do: | 很多运动员都会因同一理由这么做 |
[29:04] | I was afraid of losing my job. | 我怕丢了我的饭碗 |
[29:07] | What are you doing right now? | 你现在在干什么 |
[29:08] | Diane has me on something. What do you need? | 戴安让我查点事 你有什么需要 |
[29:11] | How quickly can you upload a video online? | 你上传一份录像到网上有多快 |
[29:13] | No fingerprints. | 别留下上传痕迹 |
[29:19] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[29:20] | My driver is still at the dentist. | 我的司机还在看牙医 |
[29:24] | Can I get a lift? | 我能搭个便车吗 |
[29:30] | How much flexibility is there? | 那儿的工作灵活性如何 |
[29:32] | Well, we offer telecommuting. | 我们提供远程办公 |
[29:34] | And then there’s day care at work. | 工作的地方还有日托所 |
[29:36] | No, uh, I have an issue. | 不 我现在遇到个困难 |
[29:38] | My apartment has gone condo, | 我的公寓已经分户出售了 |
[29:41] | and I have the possibility of purchasing a house. | 而我极有可能要买幢房子 |
[29:43] | And you need money for the down payment? | 你需要钱付头期 |
[29:45] | Yes, and a consistent higher level in pay. | 是的 还要有份维持较高水平的薪水 |
[29:47] | I have private tuition, and I’m trying to save for college. | 我请了家教 还得存钱给孩子上大学 |
[29:50] | I’ll work up an offer. | 我会拟份要约给你 |
[29:56] | No. No, I’m fine. | 不 我没事 |
[29:58] | Clearly, you’re not fine, or we wouldn’t be sitting here. | 显然你有事 否则我们不会坐在这里 |
[30:00] | Mr. Canning, seriously, I’m fine. | 坎宁先生 说真的 我没事 |
[30:02] | All right, let’s leave it at this. | 好吧 不如这样吧 |
[30:04] | I’ll work up an offer. | 我会拟份职位意向给你 |
[30:05] | You’ll think about it. | 你考虑一下 |
[30:06] | We’ll talk on the phone later. | 我们之后可以在电话里讨论 |
[30:08] | And that’s it– no pressure. | 就这样 别有压力 |
[30:12] | Nobody’s doing anything wrong here, Alicia. | 这件事里谁都没做错 艾丽西娅 |
[30:15] | This is how America works. | 这就是美国 |
[30:29] | So you’re familiar with this Web site? | 你对这个网站熟悉吗 |
[30:31] | Yes. RinkFights.com. | 是的 Rinkfights.com |
[30:32] | It’s not sanctioned for our league. | 但这不是由我们联盟操作的 |
[30:34] | Well, then, you’re aware that it lets fans vote | 那你知道体育迷可以在上面投票 |
[30:36] | on who will win the fight, | 赌谁会打赢架 |
[30:37] | that the players actually have fight cards | 知道运动员都有打架卡 |
[30:40] | – with win-loss records? – Yes. | -记录输赢结果吗 -知道 |
[30:42] | As APHL’s chief administrative officer, | 据北美冰球联盟的首席执行官所言 |
[30:45] | you have the final say over league copyright issues, | 对联盟的版权问题你有最终决定权 |
[30:48] | – correct? – I do. | -对吗 -是的 |
[30:49] | The clips the Web site plays are game broadcasts. | 网站上播放的片段都是比赛录像 |
[30:52] | Do you grant them permission to use these? | 你有授权给他们予以使用吗 |
[30:54] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[30:55] | As I said, this is not an APHL-sanctioned Web site. | 我说过 这不是北美冰球联盟认可的网站 |
[30:57] | Let’s talk about another Web site that uses your clips. | 那来看看另一个使用你片段的网站吧 |
[31:02] | This is a recent Boston-Detroit game. | 这是近期波士顿对底特律的比赛 |
[31:04] | It was posted online yesterday by an employee of our firm. | 它是昨天经由我律所的同事上传到网上的 |
[31:07] | Do you know how long it took the Webmaster | 你知道从你的办公室发出禁止令 |
[31:09] | to receivea cease and desist order from your office? | 到网络管理员收到指令要多久吗 |
[31:12] | No. | 不知道 |
[31:13] | Two hours, and | 需要两小时 |
[31:15] | in the eight years since RinkFights.com has been online, | 而在Rinkfights.com上线以来的八年里 |
[31:18] | how many cease and desist letters have you issued them? | 你又向他们发了多少张禁止令 |
[31:22] | None. | 没有发过 |
[31:24] | Is that because you encourage fans’ enthusiasm for fights? | 那是因为你鼓励体育迷对打架抱有热情吗 |
[31:26] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[31:27] | Then why aren’t you removing these fight videos? | 那你为什么不删除这些打斗的视频呢 |
[31:30] | Well, I guess we’ll start. | 我想我们会开始清理的 |
[31:31] | Thank you for the encouragement. | 谢谢你的建议 |
[31:32] | And thank you for that damaging testimony. | 谢谢你那极具威力的证词 |
[31:35] | Objection. | 反对 |
[31:37] | Sustained | 反对有效 |
[31:46] | I think we should all have a little sit-down. | 我觉得我们需要谈谈 |
[31:50] | About? | 关于什么 |
[31:51] | Me help you win this thing. | 帮你们赢这场官司 |
[31:59] | The truth– are you in bed with him? | 说实话 你和他在合作吗(合作: 亦表上床) |
[32:03] | Am I in bed with him? | 你问我有和他上床(合作)吗? |
[32:05] | Yeah. That’s what I’ve been hearing from unnamed sources. | 是的 我从别人那听说了 |
[32:08] | I can neither confirm nor deny | 我们和弗兰克·迈克·托马斯 |
[32:10] | that we have any formal agreement with Frank Michael Thomas. | 是否达成正式协议 我不置可否 |
[32:14] | And you don’t think suits like yours and Mr. Thomas’s | 你不认为你和托马斯先生的案子 |
[32:17] | will hurt the sport of ice hockey? | 会损害冰球运动吗 |
[32:19] | No. Is fighting essential to the sport of ice hockey? | 不会 冰球运动中打斗必不可少吗 |
[32:22] | Some think it’s a safety valve. | 有人认为这是一个安全阀门 |
[32:23] | Without it, you’d see a lot more sticks swinging out there. | 如果没有它 球员们就该抡球杆 |
[32:25] | Not in college hockey. | 大学冰球赛就不会 |
[32:26] | Not in the Olympics. You would get ejected. | 奥林匹克中也不会 否则会被取消资格 |
[32:28] | But aren’t the stakes a little higher in the pros? | 职业联赛中不是更牵涉到利害关系吗? |
[32:30] | Players’ livelihoods are on the line. | 运动员的生计都悬于一线 |
[32:32] | Then why are there no real fights | 但是为什么冠军联赛中 |
[32:34] | during the championship series? | 他们就不敢真刀真枪地打架呢 |
[32:38] | Sounds like your closing argument. | 听起来像是你的结案陈词 |
[32:40] | – Thanks. – No problem. | -谢谢 -没问题 |
[32:42] | If you need any more, you should talk to Julius. | 如果你要了解更多 你最好找朱利叶斯 |
[32:47] | So you were in London, right? | 你前段时间在伦敦 对吧 |
[32:48] | Setting up your magazine’s operation for the Olympics? | 为你们报社的奥运会专题做准备? |
[32:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:53] | How was it? | 伦敦怎么样 |
[32:55] | Rainy. | 总下雨 |
[32:56] | You slept with Will after I left town, didn’t you? | 我离开之后 你和威尔上床了吧 |
[33:01] | I promise you he didn’t tell me. | 这不是他跟我说的 |
[33:04] | Will didn’t put up much of a fight | 我告诉威尔我要去伦敦时 |
[33:06] | when I told him about the London offer. | 他没什么大反应 |
[33:08] | And then I e-mailed him right after I got there, but no response. | 到伦敦时 我电邮他 但他没回 |
[33:11] | I chalked it up to his being so busy, | 我把这归因于他太忙了 |
[33:13] | but Will never not responds. | 但是威尔从来不会不回 |
[33:15] | I knew you two had history, so… | 我知道你们之间有段历史 所以 |
[33:19] | two plus two. | 简单加法 |
[33:24] | I think that’s a conversation you should have with Will. | 我觉得你应该找威尔谈论这些 |
[33:30] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[33:32] | Inappropriate of me. | 是我失礼了 |
[33:35] | You know, for the record, | 声明一下 |
[33:37] | it wasn’t over between Will and I | 我出发去伦敦时 |
[33:40] | when I left for London. | 威尔和我还没结束 |
[33:42] | Then you slept with him, and it was over. | 你和他上床之后 我们之间就结束了 |
[34:07] | We appreciate the change of heart. | 我们很感激你改变主意 |
[34:09] | We could use whatever help you can give us. | 我们会利用好你给的所有帮助 |
[34:12] | Shouldn’t we wait for Ms. Lockhart | 我们应该等洛克哈特女士来了之后 |
[34:15] | before getting to brass tacks? | 再讨论这些重大问题吧 |
[34:17] | I understood she was gonna be a part of this. | 我记得她计划参与这个会议的 |
[34:20] | Diane got pulled away on another case. | 戴安被其他案子缠住了 |
[34:22] | But we’ll bring her up to speed. | 我们会把最新进展向她汇报的 |
[34:24] | So be it. | 那就这样吧 |
[34:26] | Don’t look at this as a benevolent gesture– | 不要把这个看做是友好姿态 |
[34:29] | I just think you folks did a hell of a job in court today, | 你们今天在法庭上表现得非常出色 |
[34:32] | and it looks like helping you might actually help me after all. | 我觉得帮你们就相当于帮我自己 |
[34:35] | Um, I’m sorry, would you excuse me, please? | 不好意思 我离开一下 |
[34:38] | Of course. | 请便 |
[34:39] | Now, you just promise me this– | 答应我一件事 |
[34:41] | when you use this against Louis Canning, | 在用这些攻击路易斯·坎宁时 |
[34:44] | try to draw blood. | 要一招见血 |
[34:48] | We’re adding a witness, Dr. Andrea Wedd. | 我们要增加一名证人 安德里亚·韦德医生 |
[34:51] | And you’re telling me in accordance to court rules. | 你告诉我 是为了遵守法庭规则? |
[34:53] | – Very honorable of you. – Dr. Wedd is a neurologist… | -真可贵 -韦德医生是神经学家 |
[34:55] | Who has repeatedly lambasted the league | 他不断重复抨击 |
[34:57] | for its approach to head injuries. | 联盟处理头部损伤的方法 |
[34:59] | I’ve read all his articles. | 我读了他所有的文章 |
[35:00] | He has a unique gift for repeating himself. | 在重复方面 他可是独树一帜 |
[35:02] | What Dr. Wedd is testifying to isn’t in any of his articles. | 韦德医生所做证词不在他的文章中 |
[35:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[35:07] | Dr. Wedd approached the league with a rigorous protocol | 韦德医生想为联盟工作 他提出了严谨的协议 |
[35:09] | for evaluating and treating players with head injuries– | 来评估和对待有头部损伤的球员 |
[35:12] | one that wouldn’t scare players into faking baseline tests. | 让球员不会因害怕而伪造基准测试 |
[35:15] | Had the league not dismissed Dr. Wedd so quickly, | 如果联盟没那么快就拒绝韦德医生 |
[35:18] | Grant Duverney would have been properly diagnosed and treated. | 格兰特·达沃尼本可以得到恰当的诊断治疗 |
[35:21] | I can show you the rejection e-mail | 我可以把联盟副主席给韦德医生的 |
[35:23] | that Dr. Wedd received from the league VP. | 回绝邮件给你们看 |
[35:26] | It’s a quick read. | 信不长 |
[35:30] | I’ll run it by the league, | 我会和联盟协商 |
[35:32] | see what they want to do. | 看看他们想怎么做 |
[35:36] | One more thing. | 还有一件事情 |
[35:39] | You have 24 hours. | 你有24小时的时间考虑 |
[35:46] | Fishing? | 钓鱼? |
[35:47] | At Horsetail Lake. | 在马尾湖 |
[35:48] | It’s an easy drive from the city. | 从这里开车过去很方便 |
[35:50] | We’d make it a day trip. | 去旅行一天吧 |
[35:51] | Kurt, have we met? | 库尔特 你还不了解我吗 |
[35:53] | I’ll do all the baiting. | 鱼饵我来弄 |
[35:54] | Oh, would you have it any other way? | 可以换个方式吗 |
[35:55] | We pack a lunch, we rent a boat, | 我们带上午餐 租一条船 |
[35:57] | and we breathe something other than car exhaust for a few hours, | 呼吸一下没有汽车尾气污染的空气 |
[36:00] | and the good news for you– | 给你的优待是 |
[36:01] | cell phone coverage. | 你可以用手机 |
[36:04] | Hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[36:05] | You don’t hate me, right? | 你不恨我 对吧 |
[36:09] | Uh, Jack? | 是杰克吗 |
[36:11] | Uh, hello. | 你好 |
[36:12] | I said I’d take you out some other time, | 我说想另找时间约你 |
[36:14] | so I’m calling to find out that other time. | 就打电话看你什么时候有空 |
[36:17] | Uh… when do you have in mind? | 你想要什么时候 |
[36:19] | I was thinking Friday night. | 周五晚上 |
[36:21] | Unwind after work. | 下班之后 |
[36:23] | I, uh… Can you hold on a second? | 你可以等一下吗 |
[36:26] | Kurt? | 是库尔特吗 |
[36:27] | – No, Jack. – Oh, hold on a second. | -不 是杰克 -等一下 |
[36:30] | Who’s Kurt? | 谁是库尔特 |
[36:32] | He’s j… he’s just a-a business associate. | 一个生意伙伴 |
[36:35] | Uh, I-I will be right back, uh… | 我就回来 |
[36:37] | – Jack. – Jack. Hold on. | -杰克 -你先别挂 |
[36:39] | Hello? | 你好 |
[36:41] | Look, if Horsetail Lake doesn’t cut it for you, then… | 如果你觉得去马尾湖不合适的话 |
[36:43] | No, no, no. It sounds fun. | 不会 听起来很有趣 |
[36:45] | When were you… thinking? | 你打算什么时候去 |
[36:48] | Saturday morning. Pick you up at 8:00. | 周六早上 八点钟去接你 |
[36:50] | Perfect. I will see you then. Bye. | 很好 到时见 再见 |
[36:54] | Still there? | 还在吗 |
[36:55] | Yep. | 是的 |
[36:57] | Friday night sounds good. | 周五晚上可以的 |
[37:02] | It’s pretty darn hard being on the outside looking in, huh? | 在外面干看着 滋味不好受吧 |
[37:05] | I’m just sitting here watching the wheels turn round and round. | 我就是坐在这里看着公司运转 |
[37:09] | What do you need, Eli? | 有什么事 伊莱 |
[37:11] | I did not leak to the disciplinary board. | 我没向纪律委员会泄密 |
[37:13] | But you’re gonna tell me who did? | 但你要告诉我是谁泄密的 |
[37:16] | I can tell you my suspicions. | 我能告诉你我怀疑谁 |
[37:17] | – David Lee. – Yup. | -大卫·李 -是的 |
[37:19] | That’s funny. | 真有趣 |
[37:21] | David Lee was in here yesterday | 大卫·李昨天来这里 |
[37:23] | saying you leaked it. | 说是你泄密的 |
[37:26] | He did not. | 他没说 |
[37:28] | – He did. – No. | -他说了 -不 |
[37:29] | No, you’re playing us against each other. | 不 你在离间我们 |
[37:31] | As long as we’re fighting each other, | 我们吵得越久 |
[37:33] | you’re safe. | 你越安全 |
[37:34] | I don’t think I’ll ever be… safe. | 我永远不会认为我…安全 |
[37:38] | It’s good talking to you, Eli. | 和你聊天很愉快 伊莱 |
[37:46] | Excuse me, Diane? | 请留步 戴安 |
[37:49] | Uh, yes, Alicia? | 什么事 艾丽西娅 |
[37:54] | I have received a formal job offer from Louis Canning. | 我收到路易斯·坎宁正式的工作要约 |
[37:58] | From Canning? | 坎宁的? |
[38:00] | He approached me several months ago and I declined, | 几个月前他就想挖我 我拒绝了 |
[38:02] | but he’s been persistent. | 但他一直没放弃 |
[38:04] | And you’re considering it? | 那你考虑吗 |
[38:05] | I’d like to stay, but his offer… | 我很想留下 但他的出价 |
[38:08] | would go a long way to helping me cover a mortgage payment. | 对于支付抵押贷款会有很大的帮助 |
[38:11] | It wasn’t Louis Canning who gave you a chance | 又不是坎宁在你当了13年家庭主妇后 |
[38:13] | after 13 years away from the law. | 给你机会重操旧业 |
[38:19] | This is his offer. | 这是他的出价 |
[38:21] | If I stay at the firm, it has to be more. | 如果要我留在公司 必须高于他 |
[38:29] | – You’ll give me till the end of the week? – No. | -这周末给你答案行吗 -不 |
[38:32] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[38:36] | Yep, everybody changes. | 是 人都会变的 |
[38:39] | End of the week, Alicia, | 等到周末 艾丽西娅 |
[38:41] | or you can clean out your desk right now. | 否则你现在就能收拾桌子走人 |
[38:52] | – You’ve heard nothing? – No text, no e-mail, nothing. | -什么也没听说吗 -短信 电邮 都没有 |
[38:55] | I would’ve thought Canning would want to end this, | 我以为坎宁想结束这案子呢 |
[38:57] | keep the league from getting skewered in court. | 不让联盟被告上法庭 |
[39:00] | – Fine, put Dr. Wedd on the stand. – Mr. Cain, | -好吧 让韦德医生出庭 -凯恩先生 |
[39:03] | – do you have a minute? – Can it wait until after court? | -有空吗 -能等到上完庭吗 |
[39:05] | There is no court. | 没庭可上了 |
[39:07] | I just spoke to Judge Rigby. | 我刚和里格比法官谈过 |
[39:09] | The Snow Plain Corporation has reevaluated its position | 雪原公司公司再次评估了原案中 |
[39:11] | on the original case. | 自己所处的位置 |
[39:13] | We’re now prepared to settle. | 我们准备和解 |
[39:15] | W-Well, we’re way beyond that point, Mr. Hines. | 好吧 那个我们商量过了 海因斯先生 |
[39:18] | The only acceptable number is the full $5 million. | 付够500万才能和解 |
[39:21] | Good. Because that’s what we’re offering. | 好 因为那是我们的出价 |
[39:24] | Talk to your client and let me know. | 跟你的当事人谈谈 再答复我 |
[39:30] | What just happened? | 刚才怎么了 |
[39:32] | I think we just won. | 我想我们赢了 |
[39:37] | No! No, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[39:40] | No bonus! | 没有奖金 |
[39:42] | She just won a case. | 她刚赢了一个案子 |
[39:43] | Alicia did not win a case– she was handed a settlement. | 艾丽西娅不是赢了个案子 她接受了庭外和解 |
[39:45] | Which we wouldn’t have gotten but for her performance. | 不是她的出色表现 对方不可能和解 |
[39:48] | Oh, forgive me, Miyagi, I forgot who was guiding Alicia. | 原谅我 宫城先生 我忘了你是艾丽西娅的导师 |
[39:50] | And since when do you have a problem | 从什么时候起你对 |
[39:52] | with winning money for clients? | 为当事人赢钱有疑问了呢 |
[39:53] | Oh, who cares about the client! Will! | 谁在乎当事人 威尔 |
[39:55] | Tell them how disastrous it would be if Alicia walks. | 告诉他们如果艾丽西娅走人会是多大的灾难 |
[39:57] | I don’t care what she’s paid. | 我不在乎出她多少钱 |
[39:59] | I just can’t afford to lose another body right now. | 现在再有人员损失我可经受不起 |
[40:00] | Look, we all know the issue. | 瞧 既然争论不休 |
[40:02] | Why don’t we just put it to a vote. | 为何大家不投票表决 |
[40:04] | – All those in favor… – No. | -同意的就… -不 |
[40:07] | She’s getting her bonus. | 她会有奖金 |
[40:10] | I’m invoking managing-partner prerogative. | 以我合伙人的特权决定 |
[40:12] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[40:14] | Mm, what are we talking about? | 我们在讨论什么 |
[40:15] | The firm’s bylaws allow the managing partner to act unilaterally. | 公司章程允许合伙人单方面采取行动 |
[40:18] | Under extenuating circumstances. | 在这种情况之下 |
[40:20] | We must have missed the memo. | 我们一定漏掉了备忘录 |
[40:21] | Apparently, we’re now Stalin & Associates. | 显然 现在这里是斯大林律所了 |
[40:24] | Well, if it means Alicia sticks around, | 如果意味着艾丽西娅还在这里 |
[40:26] | – I second it. – You can’t second it. | -我赞成 -你不能赞成 |
[40:27] | The matter is closed. | 这件事定了 |
[40:29] | Any other business? | 还有别的事情吗 |
[40:36] | You just stuck your neck out for a third-year associate. | 你为一个三年从业律师甘冒风险 |
[40:38] | Your suspension has left us exposed. | 你被停职让我们无从选择 |
[40:41] | I stuck my neck out for the future of this firm. | 我为公司的未来甘冒风险 |
[40:46] | I’m not sure what time I can get out tonight. | 我不确定今晚几点能出去 |
[41:04] | But thank you very much, Mr. Canning. | 不过很感谢你 坎宁先生 |
[41:08] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[41:12] | You used me. | 你利用我 |
[41:14] | No. | 没有 |
[41:16] | The firm made it attractive for me to stay. | 公司让我留下的报酬很有吸引力 |
[41:18] | – It was unexpected. – Unexpected as a knife in the back. | -很意外 -就和背后被捅一刀一样意外 |
[41:23] | Y… You should still be pleased. | 你… 你应该高兴 |
[41:25] | You did well for your client. | 你没有对不住你的当事人 |
[41:27] | Whatever deal you cut with Snow Plain | 不论你与雪原公司的交易如何 |
[41:29] | deflects any liability away from the league. | 冰球联盟免于任何责任 |
[41:31] | No, I’m pleased– | 不 我很高兴 |
[41:32] | because I needed to smoke Frank Michael Thomas out, | 因为我需要查明弗兰克·迈克·托马斯 |
[41:35] | find out what he had for his class action. | 他的集体诉讼有什么证据 |
[41:37] | And thanks to your good lawyering, now I know, | 感谢你这个好律师 现在我知道了 |
[41:39] | and I’ll be ready for him. | 我也做好准备对付他了 |
[41:41] | So I guess what I want to say to you, Alicia, | 我猜想跟你说的话 艾丽西娅 |
[41:44] | is thank you. | 是谢谢 |
[41:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:56] | Anything you have would be really helpful. | 你提供的任何事都会很有帮助的 |
[41:59] | Okay. Okay, good. | 好 好 很好 |
[42:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:05] | The other day when you brought the beer, | 那天你拿啤酒过来 |
[42:07] | – I wasn’t… – It’s all right. | -我不是… -没关系 |
[42:11] | They were warm, anyway. | 再说 酒已经是热的 |
[42:15] | Look, I can’t go back to the way it was before. | 瞧 我不能回到从前那样 |
[42:17] | There’s just been too much. | 经历的实在是太多了 |
[42:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:22] | But… | 但是… |
[42:24] | I’d like to try to make it work. | 我想尝试恢复正常 |
[42:30] | It’s just that everything… | 只是那一切… |
[42:33] | it has to be… | 一定要… |
[42:35] | on the table. | 坦白 |
[42:36] | I can’t be the only one being forthcoming. | 不能只有我主动坦白 |
[42:39] | I can’t be the only one being honest. | 也不能只有我诚实 |
[42:44] | Can…. you do that? | 你… 能做到吗 |
[42:50] | Yeah. | 能 |
[42:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:57] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |