时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I was devastated. | 我感觉像个晴天霹雳 |
[00:07] | All my life savings, | 我生平所有积蓄 |
[00:10] | they were gone | 全没了 |
[00:13] | just like that, | 就那样没了 |
[00:16] | because of him. | 就因为他 |
[00:18] | The defendant? You blame him for this pyramid scheme? | 你指被告? 你觉得他应为这一非法传销负责? |
[00:20] | Objection, calls for speculation. | 反对 引导证人推测 |
[00:22] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[00:23] | can we save our objections for issues that really matter? | 咱把反对留到有意义的问题上 行吗 |
[00:26] | I’m just trying to keep the prosecution honest, | 我只是希望控方能够诚实行事 |
[00:28] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[00:29] | Oh, sure, why not? | 行行 |
[00:30] | Well, I’m in a good mood today, so I’ll sustain that. | 我今天心情不错 反对有效 |
[00:37] | I’m, uh, sorry to do this, ladies and gentlemen. | 很抱歉 女生们 先生们 |
[00:41] | I’ll need attorneys in chambers. | 我得请双方律师进内庭会面 |
[00:44] | And, Shriff, if you would return the jury to the jury room, please. | 法警 请送陪审团回陪审团室 |
[00:49] | Looks like it might rain, right? | 似乎要下雨了 是吧 |
[00:52] | Um, yes, Your Honor, by-by this afternoon. | 是的 法官阁下 下午会下雨 |
[00:55] | Yeah, I was in Mexico in April, not a drop. | 我四月份待在墨西哥 一滴雨也没下 |
[00:58] | Uh, was Mexico beautiful? | 墨西哥漂亮吗 |
[01:00] | I liked it, I liked it a lot. | 我喜欢 很喜欢 |
[01:02] | I’m declaring a mistrial. | 我要宣布无效审判 |
[01:08] | Did I say that you could all talk? | 我允许你们说话了吗 |
[01:11] | This is not about you. | 这和你们无关 |
[01:13] | I have been put in the penalty box. | 我被丢到受罚席了 |
[01:15] | You’ll be assigned a new judge in a month. | 一个月后 你们将被指派另外一位法官 |
[01:17] | I’ve been transferred to the 13th floor, | 我被调到13楼了 |
[01:20] | and all my cases will be reassigned as of, uh, | 我手头所有案子都将重新分派 |
[01:23] | 11:00 a.m. this morning. Great. | 今天上午11点生效 太好了 |
[01:26] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 我很遗憾 法官阁下 |
[01:27] | Yeah, a 15-year judicial career down the drain, | 是啊 15年的司法生涯付诸流水 |
[01:30] | but hey, politis is politics. | 但没办法 政治就是这样 |
[01:32] | Stop crying, Judy. | 别哭了 朱迪 |
[01:34] | So, you’re all dismissed. | 你们可以走了 |
[01:36] | You can go and gossip to all your lawyer friends. | 去跟你们的律师朋友们嚼嚼舌根 |
[01:43] | Ms. Lockhart, could you stay? | 洛克哈特女士 你可以留一下吗 |
[01:46] | Don’t worry, it’s not ex parte. | 别担心 这不是单方面交流 |
[01:48] | The trial is over. | 审判已经结束 |
[01:50] | Get out. | 出去 |
[01:53] | You can head out, too,Judy. | 你也出去吧 朱迪 |
[01:58] | Ms. Lockhart, have a seat. | 洛克哈特女士 请坐 |
[02:07] | I need a lawyer. | 我需要一名律师 |
[02:11] | Civil or criminal? | 民事还是刑事 |
[02:13] | Possibly both. | 可能都需要 |
[02:15] | Uh, what is the case? | 是什么案子 |
[02:17] | You agree to take it? | 你同意接了? |
[02:19] | Uh, no, I need to know the case first. | 不 我得先知道是什么案子 |
[02:26] | I was a prosecutor 20 years ago. | 20年前我是一名公诉人 |
[02:28] | I put a wife-killer in prison. | 我把一个杀妻犯送进了监狱 |
[02:32] | And now a recent DNA test has proved that he might not be guilty, | 最近一份DNA测试证明 他可能是无辜的 |
[02:35] | and they’re looking at how I handled the prosecution. | 他们在调查我当初的控诉过程 |
[02:38] | They’re saying I kept things from the defense. | 他们说我对辩方有所隐瞒 |
[02:40] | And that’s why the penalty box. | 所以你才被丢到受罚席 |
[02:41] | Yes, I’m being investigated by the state’s attorney. | 是 我正在接受州检察官的调查 |
[02:44] | I’ve been transferred to review pauper petitions | 我被调去审核穷人诉状 |
[02:47] | until such time as I am cleared. | 直到我被洗清 |
[02:52] | I want you to know that Mrs. Florrick has no sway over her husband. | 希望你知道 福瑞克夫人无法左右她丈夫 |
[02:55] | Ms. Lockhart, you don’t know me, do you? | 洛克哈特女士 看来你不了解我 |
[03:00] | I’m not hiring you for your political connections. | 我聘请你们 不是因为你们的政治关系 |
[03:04] | I’m hiring you because I respected the way that | 而是因为我尊敬加德纳先生 |
[03:06] | Mr. Gardner battled his recent judicial bribery accusations. | 应对前阵子对他司法贿赂的控诉的方式 |
[03:11] | Now, do you think I should be getting another lawyer? | 你认为我应该找别人吗 |
[03:14] | I’m not sure it’s a good idea. | 我觉得不接为妙 |
[03:15] | We said we’re overburdened as it is. | 我们现在已经负担过重了 |
[03:17] | No new clients until we hire a new litigator. | 在聘请一名新律师之前 不要再接新的客户了 |
[03:19] | It’s a judge; a judge is when you make an exception. | 他是个法官 法官是特例 |
[03:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:23] | We represent Cuesta, he’ll have to recuse himself | 如果我们做奎斯塔的律师 以后碰上我们的案子 |
[03:25] | from any future cases we have before him. | 他都得回避 |
[03:27] | Yes, but it’s the halo effect. | 对 但要看光圈效应 |
[03:28] | Other judges will know we have their back. | 其他法官会知道 我们支持他们 |
[03:31] | Howard, everything all right? | 霍华德 有事吗 |
[03:33] | Yeah, I saw you were having a meeting of the name partners, | 我看到你们在开冠名合伙人会议 |
[03:36] | and I thought, since I’m a name partner, | 我想我也是个冠名合伙人 |
[03:38] | I should be here. | 应该来开会 |
[03:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:40] | Uh, we were just talking about whether to take on new client, a judge. | 我们在讨论要不要接一个新的客户 是名法官 |
[03:44] | What kind of judge? | 哪种法官 |
[03:47] | A criminal judge. | 刑事法官 |
[03:48] | Oh, criminal, sounds smart. | 刑事法官 听着是个好主意 |
[03:52] | Okay, it’s been settled. | 好 这就决定了 |
[03:53] | We should take on Judge Cuesta as a client; Howard approves. | 我们应该接奎斯塔法官的案子 霍华德同意了 |
[03:56] | Then we’ll have to hire a new litigator. | 那我们得聘一名新律师 |
[03:58] | – Howard, isn’t that a good idea? – Litigator? Yeah. | -霍华德 听着不错吧? -律师? 不错 |
[04:01] | Got a few names, if you want. | 我有几个人选 如果你们需要的话 |
[04:03] | Actually, Alicia had a suggestion. | 艾丽西娅推荐了一个人 |
[04:05] | – Cary Agos. – Alicia? Who’s Alicia? | -凯里·艾格斯 -艾丽西娅? 谁是艾丽西娅 |
[04:08] | Uh, I-I am. | 我是 |
[04:12] | Cary’s been demoted at the state’sattorney. | 凯里在州检办被降职了 |
[04:15] | He’s ready to make the jump. | 他做好跳槽的准备了 |
[04:16] | But are we ready to be jumped? | 但我们做好被跳槽的准备了吗 |
[04:18] | I’ve worked on 140 cases since I’ve been away, | 我离开律所以后 经办了140宗案子 |
[04:21] | and I’ve learned a lot about myself and the law. | 对自己 对法律 都有了更深入的了解 |
[04:24] | We’re a bit shorthanded at the moment, Cary. | 我们现在缺人 凯里 |
[04:27] | We need someone immediately. | 我们需要一个马上能到岗的人 |
[04:28] | Will that work for you? | 你能做到吗 |
[04:30] | Well, I’d need to offer a two week’s notice, | 我得提前两周交辞职信 |
[04:32] | but, uh, otherwise yes. | 其他都没问题 |
[04:34] | And why are you leaving the state’s attorney’s office? | 你为什么要离开州检办 |
[04:37] | My responsibilities have been curtailed, | 我在州检办的职责被缩减了 |
[04:39] | and I wanted to face greater challenges. | 我希望迎接更大的挑战 |
[04:40] | Why curtailed? | 为什么会被缩减呢 |
[04:42] | Well, unfortunately, I’m not in a position to answer that. | 抱歉 恕我无法回答 |
[04:45] | That’s confidential state’s attorney business. | 这是州检办的机密事务 |
[04:48] | But it shouldn’t worry us? | 但我们不需要担心? |
[04:49] | No. | 不 |
[04:50] | No, Peter will give me a very strong recommendation. | 不需要 彼得会给我写封很好的推荐信 |
[04:52] | And you won’t have any difficulty going up against your old boss? | 而与旧老板对抗也不会使你为难吗 |
[04:56] | Didn’t have any difficulty going up against you two. | 我与你们对抗时也没有任何为难 |
[05:01] | Will, | 威尔 |
[05:02] | I’m sorry about how all that went down the last few months. | 我对这几个月发生的事非常抱歉 |
[05:05] | You mean the attempted indictment of me? | 你是指试图控诉我的事吗 |
[05:07] | Yes. I want you to know I was assigned that prosecution. | 对 我希望你知道我是奉命行事 |
[05:11] | I never would have chosen it. | 若问我本意 我不会那么做 |
[05:15] | Who would you most want to spend time | 你最想和谁一起 |
[05:18] | with on a desert island? | 在荒岛上度日呢 |
[05:25] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:27] | Hey,thanks. | 嘿 谢谢 |
[05:28] | They said you put in a good word for me. | 他们说你帮我说了好话 |
[05:29] | You’re getting pretty hard to beat in court these days; | 你最近在庭上很难对付 |
[05:31] | better to have you here. | 所以把你拉入阵营会更好 |
[05:33] | How’d it go? | 面试情况如何 |
[05:34] | Good, I think but I don’t want to jinx it. | 感觉不错 不过我不想败人品 |
[05:36] | Don’t tell Peter, by the way. I haven’t told him yet. | 对了 别告诉彼得 我还没跟他说 |
[05:39] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[05:44] | He’s everything we need right now: a go-getter, | 他正是我们现在需要的人 有进取心 |
[05:46] | knows ins and outs of the state’s attorney’s office. | 又了解州检办的情况 |
[05:48] | Conflicts of interests here could sink a battle ship. | 他加入的话 利益冲突可能摧毁我们 |
[05:51] | Are we really suddenly worried about the conflicts of interests? | 我们真的突然关心起利益冲突问题了吗 |
[05:54] | We face fifty between here and the elevator. | 从这里到电梯这段路 我们就有50个冲突要面对 |
[05:56] | I say we hire him. | 我们该录用他 |
[05:58] | I disagree. | 我反对 |
[06:04] | Howard? | 霍华德 你说呢 |
[06:06] | Is he gay? | 他是同性恋吗 |
[06:09] | He only wants to take boys to a desert island. | 他只想带男人上荒岛 |
[06:12] | That’s why I’m asking. | 所以我想问问 |
[06:15] | Thurgood Marshall and Keith Richards? | 他想带瑟古德·马歇尔和基思·理查德? |
[06:15] | 瑟古德·马歇尔 美国史上第一位黑人大法官 基思·理查德 滚石乐队创始人之一 乐队核心成员 | |
[06:17] | Mm-hmm. No girls. | 对啊 没有女孩 |
[06:20] | That bothered me. | 这让我很困扰 |
[06:23] | I see. | 明白了 |
[06:24] | And, did that, uh, bother you, too, Will? | 这…也使你困扰了吗 威尔 |
[06:28] | Well, I’m glad we reached such a sensible decision. | 很高兴我们做出了如此明智的决定 |
[06:31] | If we don’t find someone better, we go back to Cary. | 若找不到更好的 我们就雇凯里 |
[06:33] | It sounds sensible to me. | 在我看来 挺明智的 |
[06:38] | Is Judge Cuesta coming here today? | 奎斯特法官今天会来吗 |
[06:39] | Yes, we discuss strategy in a half hour. | 会 半小时后要讨论对策 |
[06:42] | Which is when I have a sit-down with Lemond Bishop. | 那个时间我得见莱蒙德·毕夏普 |
[06:46] | The city’s top meth dealer in the waiting room with its top judge. | 本城顶级毒枭和顶级法官共享等候室 |
[06:50] | Yes, that qualifies as awkward scheduling. | 这安排得够尴尬的 |
[06:56] | I still think you can keep your stance. | 我依然认为你可以坚守立场 |
[06:59] | Well, then why are we arguing? | 那我们还争论什么呢 |
[07:00] | We’re not arguing. | 我们不是争论 |
[07:01] | I just don’t like being told what I’m doing | 我只是不喜欢在我已经行动的时候 |
[07:03] | is politically smart when I’m doing it anyway. | 来指指点点说我这么做是明智的 |
[07:06] | Okay, Peter, you’re making epically courageous decision. | 好吧彼得 你做了一个非常勇敢的决定 |
[07:09] | How is that? | 这么说可以了吧 |
[07:10] | When did we become an old, bickering couple? | 我们何时变成一对争论不休的老夫妻了 |
[07:12] | Oh, hey, did you kick out that kid, um, Cary… | 哦对 你把那孩子开除了吗 |
[07:16] | Uh, what’s his name? | 那个叫凯里…什么的 |
[07:18] | – Did I what? – That kid. | -我干嘛了 -那孩子 |
[07:19] | I saw him here at Lockhart/ Gardner looking for a job. | 我看到他来洛&哈律所找工作 |
[07:22] | Cary something. | 那个叫凯里什么的 |
[07:23] | Cary Agos? | 凯里·艾格斯吗 |
[07:24] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw him here being interviewed. | 对对对 我看到他在面试 |
[07:26] | I didn’t know you were letting him go. | 我没听说你要开除他啊 |
[07:30] | Terri Rooney 24 years old, stabbed to death in 1992. | 泰里·鲁尼 24岁 1992年被刺死 |
[07:34] | She was pregnant, he didn’t want a baby. | 她当时怀孕了 丈夫不想要孩子 |
[07:36] | So, he insured her for $850,000 and he killed her. | 所以给她投了85万美金保险之后杀了她 |
[07:39] | Her husband, Patrick, said he returned home from the supermarket | 她丈夫帕特里克说他从超市回家后 |
[07:43] | to find her mutilated with a knife taken from the kitchen. | 发现她被自家厨房的刀严重刺伤 |
[07:46] | But no one at the supermarket remembered him, and head no receipt. | 但超市里没人记得他 他也没有小票 |
[07:49] | Yes, it was a weak alibi. | 对 他的不在场证明很无力 |
[07:51] | Try nonexistent. | 应该说根本不成立 |
[07:52] | And look, he had her blood on his shirt and his jacket. | 而且 他衬衫和夹克上还有她的血 |
[07:55] | The defense claimed that it was from his attempts to revive her. | 辩方说是在他抢救她时沾到的 |
[07:57] | As were the defensive wounds on his face? | 那他脸上的防卫伤也是那么来的吗 |
[07:59] | Okay, we’re not here to retry this, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 我们不是在重审案件 |
[08:01] | Mr. Rooney’s sentence has been vacated, | 鲁尼先生的判决被撤销了 |
[08:03] | and he has been released, and why is that? | 他也被释放了 为什么 |
[08:05] | The killer’s hand thrust down on the sharp edge of the knife | 杀手在杀她时 |
[08:08] | when he stabbed her, | 手碰到了刀刃 |
[08:09] | leaving his blood, it was never tested for DNA | 留下了血迹 但当时没有验DNA |
[08:12] | until his appellate lawyers petitioned it last year. | 他的上诉律师一年前申请做了 |
[08:15] | Turns out it was somebody else’s. | 结果血迹是别人的 |
[08:17] | Look, we didn’t test DNA back then. | 那个时候是不测DNA的 |
[08:19] | Patrick Rooney was released last August, | 帕特里克·鲁尼去年8月被释放 |
[08:21] | when the DNA matched… | DNA结果和… |
[08:21] | Just to be clear… | 我只是想说明一下… |
[08:22] | …a truck driver. | 一个卡车司机吻合 |
[08:24] | I did nothing less than any prosecutor… | 我做的不比任何公诉人少 |
[08:25] | Yes, yes, just to be clear, | 没错没错 但我只是想说明一下 |
[08:27] | this isn’t your court, Your Honor. | 这里不是你的法庭 法官阁下 |
[08:28] | This is our offices. | 这是我们的办公室 |
[08:29] | You need to drop the entitlement. | 请你放下法官的架子 |
[08:31] | Excuse me? I thought I was explaining myself. | 什么 我只是在解释而已 |
[08:34] | You were acting as if you were the injured party. | 你表现得像你才是受害者 |
[08:35] | I have been barred from the bench, ma’am, | 我被禁止了法官工作 女士 |
[08:37] | and I have done nothing wrong. | 而我什么错事都没做 |
[08:39] | No, Patrick Rooney did nothing wrong, | 不 帕特里克·鲁尼什么错事都没做 |
[08:40] | and he spent 20 years in prison for it. | 但他为此在狱中过了20年 |
[08:42] | He had his wife snatched from him, | 他妻子的生命被夺走 |
[08:44] | and then he was accused of her murder. | 他还被指控杀了她 |
[08:48] | Your attitude, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 你的态度 |
[08:50] | it will do more to condemn you than the evidence. | 比证据更容易使你受谴责 |
[08:52] | You’re on this side of the bench now. | 你现在是在受审席上 |
[08:55] | You have to show humility. | 你必须得表现得谦恭 |
[09:01] | Continue. | 继续吧 |
[09:05] | A court of inquiry is being commenced in two days | 调查法庭会在两天后开庭 |
[09:08] | to review the evidence against His Honor | 对针对法官阁下的证据进行调查 |
[09:11] | and decide if criminal charges should be brought. | 并决定是否提出刑事指控 |
[09:13] | Why a court of inquiry? | 为什么是调查法庭 |
[09:16] | My guess is, due to the personal animosity of the players. | 我想是为了避免法官之间有私人交情吧 |
[09:18] | All right, well, it still needs a judge. | 好吧 那还是得有个法官 |
[09:20] | Your Honor knows most of the judges in Cook County. | 库克县大多数的法官 法官阁下你都认识 |
[09:23] | They’ll have to recuse themselves, so who? | 他们都得回避 那会找谁呢 |
[09:26] | Would you excuse me? | 能失陪一下吗 |
[09:27] | Which leaves me with two months left on my suspension. | 我停职期还有两个月 |
[09:30] | Still, I want you to know, Mr. Bishop, | 还是要跟您说一下 毕夏普先生 |
[09:33] | your team is intact and firing on all cylinders. | 为您服务的团队很稳定 大家也很卖力 |
[09:36] | And how are you doing? | 你过得怎样 |
[09:37] | How am I doing? | 我过得怎样? |
[09:39] | I’m good, thank you. | 挺好的 谢谢 |
[09:40] | I just worry about my clients. | 只是担心我的客户 |
[09:42] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[09:43] | I don’t think a lawyer’s working hard enough | 我觉得 时不时惹上点法律纠纷的律师 |
[09:45] | unless they get into a little legal trouble now and then. | 才叫努力工作呢 |
[09:48] | Damon is handling your tax issues. | 达蒙处理你的税务事宜 |
[09:50] | Roger, your trust. Mark and Eve, your criminal. | 罗杰负责你的信托基金 马克和伊娃负责刑事诉讼 |
[09:52] | Jordan and Alicia, your civil litigation. | 乔丹和艾丽西娅负责你的民事诉讼 |
[09:54] | Mrs. Florrick, hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[09:56] | Mr. Bishop. | 毕夏普先生 |
[09:58] | How am I doing civilly? | 我民事纠纷方面 有什么问题吗 |
[09:59] | Well, sir, no complaints. | 先生 挺好的 |
[10:01] | Good. | 好 |
[10:03] | Actually, where is that little investigator you have? | 你们那个小调查员在哪呢 |
[10:06] | Kalinda? I think she’s in another meeting, but we can get her. | 凯琳达? 她在开会 不过可以叫她过来 |
[10:09] | Please; in fact, | 请叫她来 事实上 |
[10:10] | can have a quick word with Mrs. Florrick and Kalinda in private? | 我能跟福瑞克夫人和凯琳达私下说几句吗 |
[10:15] | We’ve represented lawyers before, Your Honor, | 我们以前也代理过律师 法官阁下 |
[10:17] | and they all share one trait: backseat driving. | 他们都有个共同特点 想指手画脚 |
[10:20] | They have trouble letting us drive their defense. | 总是很难放开让我们给他们辩护 |
[10:22] | I will, uh, endeavor to behave. | 我会尽量老老实实的 |
[10:26] | Mr. Bishop wants to talk to us. | 毕夏普先生要跟我们谈话 |
[10:31] | You can give us a minute, too, Mr. Gardner. | 你也回避一下吧 加德纳先生 |
[10:34] | -You sure? – yeah, legal stuff. | -你确定吗 -是啊 法律方面的事 |
[10:38] | You can’t be helping on it anyway– | 你留下也不能帮忙 |
[10:39] | your suspension. | 你被停职了啊 |
[10:52] | I was approached by an FBI agent med Lana Delaney. | 有个叫拉娜·德兰尼的联邦调查局探员找我 |
[10:57] | She seems to think I have some tax issues | 她好像认为我有税务问题 |
[10:59] | due to some work you did for me. | 源于你帮我干过的事 |
[11:05] | When did she approach you? | 她什么时候找你的 |
[11:11] | I was surprised by this, of course. | 当然 我对此很惊讶 |
[11:14] | I didn’t remember you had done work for me | 我不记得你帮我干过什么 |
[11:17] | and I was surprised to have an FBI agent approach me at all. | 我对联邦调查局探员找我 也相当吃惊 |
[11:22] | Yeah, I’m surprised, too. | 我也很惊讶 |
[11:25] | But you don’t pay me to be your client. | 但你不是付钱的客户 我是 |
[11:27] | I pay you. | 我付你钱 |
[11:29] | I pay you not to be surprised. | 我付你钱 可不是找惊讶的 |
[11:33] | That’s my fault, sir. | 是我的错 先生 |
[11:35] | Due to attorney- client privilege | 鉴于律师-当事人保密特权 |
[11:36] | I was limited in what I could share with you. | 我能告诉你们的有限 |
[11:41] | You’re only limited if she tells you to be limited, right? | 只限于她告知你要限制的部分 对吧 |
[11:44] | – Yes. -So what’s my exposure? | -是的 -那我曝光到什么程度了 |
[11:49] | We’re taking care of it. | 我们会处理好的 |
[11:56] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[11:58] | I don’t like the FBI coming to me, | 我不喜欢联邦调查局的人来找我 |
[12:02] | so take care of it… fast. | 所以请摆平此事 速度 |
[12:08] | Are we understanding? | 明白了吗 |
[12:10] | We are. | 明白 |
[12:21] | That wasn’t good. | 情况不妙 |
[12:22] | No. | 不妙 |
[12:24] | Your FBI friend is gonna get you killed. | 你那个探员朋友会害死你的 |
[12:42] | No word yet on judge? | 还是不知道法官是谁? |
[12:43] | No, it’s still a political hot potato. | 没有 这依然是个政治上的烫手山芋 |
[12:45] | The suspicion is, they’ll choose by lottery. | 有人怀疑 可能会抽签决定 |
[12:47] | Ms. Lockhart. | 洛克哈特女士 |
[12:49] | Counselor. | 律师 |
[12:52] | Judge Cuesta. | 奎斯特法官 |
[12:53] | Seth, they put you on this? | 赛斯 他们把这活指派给你了? |
[12:56] | No, I volunteered, Your Honor | 不 是我主动请缨 法官阁下 |
[12:57] | Oh, how nice, | 真好 |
[12:59] | and Brutus volunteered to govern Gaul. | 就像布鲁图斯主动请缨看守高卢 |
[13:01] | If nobody stepped up, justice would not be served, | 如果没人挺身而出 正义就不会得以伸张 |
[13:04] | so I stepped up. | 所以我站出来了 |
[13:06] | Always watch out for these true believers. | 要小心这些正义信徒啊 |
[13:08] | All stand. | 全体起立 |
[13:10] | The Special Court of Inquiry is now in session. | 特别调查法庭现在开庭 |
[13:12] | The Honorable Murphy Wicks presiding. | 有请尊敬的墨菲·威克斯法官 |
[13:15] | – Who the heck? – Hi there. | -谁啊究竟是 -各位好 |
[13:17] | Oh, please, you can all sit down. | 请坐 大家都坐下 |
[13:22] | Uh, I’m new to this court, | 我是新来的 |
[13:24] | so things may go a little slowly at first here. | 可能刚开始会有点慢 |
[13:27] | I’m, I’m Judge Murphy Wicks. | 我是墨菲·威克斯法官 |
[13:30] | Murphy is fine with me. | 叫我墨菲就好 |
[13:32] | I’m from downstate, Harrisburg, | 我来自州南部的哈里斯堡 |
[13:34] | uh, Gateway to the Shawnee National. | 肖尼国家森林的大门 |
[13:37] | Population: 10,790. | 那儿人口有10790 |
[13:40] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[13:42] | Oh, my gosh, he is an idiot. | 天哪 他是个白痴 |
[13:44] | So our defense is simple. | 我们的辩护很简单 |
[13:46] | Prosecutorial discretion is not misconduct. | 检控自由裁量不是失职 |
[13:49] | You cannot convict a prosecutor | 你不能因为公诉人在起诉时所做的选择 |
[13:51] | for the choices he makes in pursuing a prosecution. | 而定他的罪 |
[13:54] | Good, and Kalinda is on the judge? | 好 凯琳达去查法官了吗 |
[13:56] | She’s checking his background, | 她在查他的背景 |
[13:57] | but it seems he’s exactly what he says | 不过貌似他确实如他所说 |
[13:59] | just a small-town judge. | 只是个小城来的法官而已 |
[14:01] | Alicia, what do you think of Callie Simko? | 艾丽西娅 你对凯莉·西姆科有什么看法 |
[14:03] | Callie from our last case? | 上一件案子那位凯莉吗? |
[14:06] | Good, a bit cutthroat but smart. | 挺好 有点犀利了 不过很聪明 |
[14:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:09] | What do you think of her coming here to Lockhart/Gardner? | 要是她来咱们律所 你觉得如何 |
[14:12] | – In addition to Cary? – No. | -也录用凯里? -不是 |
[14:14] | Well, I don’t know, maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[14:18] | Sh-She’s smart. | 她很聪明 |
[14:20] | I can’t speak to how she’d fit in. | 她能不能融入咱们所我就不知道了 |
[14:23] | Okay, thanks. | 我知道了 谢谢 |
[14:27] | So, Callie, | 凯莉 |
[14:28] | tell us about your life. | 跟我们说说你的生活吧 |
[14:29] | Basically I have no life. | 我基本上没什么生活 |
[14:32] | I live for litigation. | 诉讼就是我的全部 |
[14:34] | And you were suspended for a year? | 你曾经被停职一年? |
[14:36] | Yes, I had some overbilling issues, | 是的 超额计费问题 |
[14:39] | mostly because I had a cocaine habit. | 主要是因为我有可卡因瘾 |
[14:43] | I know, I think it’s best to state that right at the top. | 我觉得这种事最好一开始就说清 |
[14:47] | For the last two years I have been in recovery. | 过去两年 我都在康复中 |
[14:49] | If you have any doubt | 要是有什么问题 |
[14:51] | you should talk to my past employer | 你可以去问问我的前雇主 |
[14:52] | and my clients. | 和客户 |
[14:54] | Thank you, I will. | 谢谢 我会的 |
[14:56] | And why are you leaving Hockney & Barnes? | 你为什么要离开H&B律所? |
[14:59] | Too big, too corporate, too many fiefdoms, | 太大 太公司化 拉帮结派作风太浓 |
[15:02] | and one more reason–you. | 还有一个原因是你 |
[15:05] | – Me? – Yes. | -我? -是的 |
[15:07] | I have respected how you’ve shattered | 我很敬佩你为女律师 |
[15:09] | the glass ceiling for the rest of us, | 打破了玻璃天花板(女性升职障碍) |
[15:11] | and I’m sorry if it sounds kiss-butty, but… I’m a fan. | 这话听着像是拍你马屁 但我真是你粉丝 |
[15:16] | Who would you take to a desert island? | 你会带谁和你一起去荒岛 |
[15:21] | Who would I take? | 带谁去吗 |
[15:22] | Yes, a serious question. | 对 这可是个正经问题 |
[15:26] | Okay, I guess… Yo-Yo Ma. | 我会带马友友去 |
[15:31] | Mm-hmm. With his cello. | 还得带上他的大提琴 |
[15:33] | And, uh, Brad Pitt for a bit of eye candy. | 布拉德·皮特 看着养眼 |
[15:37] | I hope that’s not too superficial. | 希望这答案不会太肤浅 |
[15:39] | Oh, no. | 不会不会 |
[15:43] | I like her. | 这姑娘我喜欢 |
[15:44] | Good choices for a deserted island. | 带上荒岛的人选得很妙啊 |
[15:46] | Yes, let me call some of her references. | 我再问问她的推荐人 |
[15:48] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[15:50] | She’my choice. | 反正我选她 |
[15:52] | – Hey, Howard. How are you? – Eli. | -霍华德 最近怎样 -伊莱 |
[15:53] | Hey, um, you know, | 这样 |
[15:55] | I was thinking, we should really talk. | 我在想 咱俩应该好好谈谈 |
[15:58] | *I can’t tell you that I love you* | *不能把我的爱意说出口* |
[16:02] | *I can’t say I think of you…* | *不能把我的思念说出口 |
[16:06] | What do you think? | 你怎么想的 |
[16:08] | What do I…? | 我怎么 |
[16:10] | I don’t know, I’m just here. | 我不知道 就是在这儿啊 |
[16:13] | What do you think? | 你又怎么想的 |
[16:14] | I think I’m fine. | 我想我很好 |
[16:16] | You didn’t need to do it. | 你不需要这么做的 |
[16:17] | I have other options. | 我还有其他选择 |
[16:19] | I– what are we talking about? | 咱们是在说什么 |
[16:22] | Work. | 工作啊 |
[16:23] | I have another firm after me. | 还有一家律所也对我有兴趣 |
[16:26] | Huh? | 什么 |
[16:27] | You didn’t arrange the inteiew at your firm? | 不是你安排我去你们所面试的? |
[16:30] | You had an interview at my firm? | 你去我们所面试了? |
[16:32] | Yeah, yesterday. | 就昨天啊 |
[16:34] | They asked if I’d come in again. | 他们问我愿不愿意再回去 |
[16:37] | You didn’t have anything to do with that? | 真不是你安排的吗 |
[16:39] | – Nothing. – Well, that’s weird. | -不是 -那很奇怪啊 |
[16:41] | Lockhart must have been impressed | 洛克哈特肯定是很满意 |
[16:43] | by our last case together. | 我在上个案子的表现 |
[16:45] | I guess so. | 应该是吧 |
[16:49] | You going home? | 你要回家了 |
[16:50] | Yeah, it’s getting late. | 嗯 有点晚了 |
[16:52] | So you’re weirded out by this? | 觉得不太自在吗 |
[16:54] | This weirded you out? | 我去面试让你不自在 |
[16:56] | No, I’m just getting dressed. | 不是 我只是穿衣服而已 |
[17:00] | Lynn Cuesta. | 琳恩·奎斯塔 |
[17:02] | I’m the daughter of… him. | 我是…他的女儿 |
[17:05] | You just nodded to the defendant Richard Cuesta? | 你刚刚是冲被告理查德·奎斯塔点头吗 |
[17:09] | Yes, I saw where she nodded. | 没错 我看得见她冲哪点头 |
[17:13] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[17:14] | And do you remember the events of July 1992, | 你还记得1992年7月 |
[17:18] | when your father prosecuted Patric Rooney? | 你父亲起诉派翠克·鲁尼的事情吗 |
[17:20] | Yes, he was pretty passionate back then. | 记得 他当时很是激情澎湃 |
[17:23] | He missed my graduation preparing. | 为了准备这个案子 错过了我的毕业典礼 |
[17:25] | And did you strike up a relationship | 你是否与那宗案子的一位陪审员 |
[17:27] | with one of the jurors in that case? | 在交往 |
[17:28] | Objection, Your Honor, no foundation. | 反对 法官阁下 没有根据 |
[17:30] | Okay, wait. Just let her tell her story, okay? | 行了行了 就让她说完行吗 |
[17:32] | No more objections for a minute here. | 暂时别提反对了 |
[17:35] | So… what does the prosecutor want you to say? | 公诉人想让你说什么 |
[17:40] | I dated Larry Gibbs, one of the jurors. | 我和其中一个陪审员拉里·吉布斯交往过 |
[17:42] | Mmmm, and was this a very serious relationship, Ms. Cuesta? | 奎斯塔小姐 你们是认真交往吗 |
[17:45] | We were together about a year. | 我们在一起差不多1年 |
[17:47] | I thought we were gonna get married, but, you know, men. | 我以为会结婚呢 不过你也知道男人嘛 |
[17:51] | Yes, I’m sorry for our gender. | 代表男同胞说声抱歉 |
[17:54] | And did you and Mr. Gibbs discuss any of this case he was on? | 你和吉布斯先生讨论过这个案件吗 |
[17:59] | Yeah. He liked talking about it. | 会 他很喜欢聊这些 |
[18:01] | His deliberations? | 他的评议意见是吧 |
[18:02] | And did you talk about your knowledge of the case? | 你有说起过你对这个案子的了解吗 |
[18:05] | Yes. | 有的 |
[18:06] | I me–ean, I knew a few things | 我是说 我知道一些细枝末节 |
[18:08] | just from around the dinner table. | 都是吃饭时聊到的 |
[18:09] | I told him that stuff. | 我就告诉他了 |
[18:10] | Okay. I think I get it. | 好的 我明白了 |
[18:12] | Uh, is there anything else you wanted to get from her, Mr. Klinenberg? | 你还想让她说点什么吗 科林尼伯格先生 |
[18:15] | No, thank you, Your Honor. | 没了 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[18:19] | Just a few questions, Your Honor. | 我还有几个问题 法官阁下 |
[18:20] | No, don’t, don’t do that. | 别 别提问了 |
[18:21] | we talked– no backseat driving. | 理查德 咱们说好了的 不许指手画脚 |
[18:23] | Lynn, | 琳恩 |
[18:25] | do you talk that much to your father? | 你和你父亲的交流多吗 |
[18:27] | – No. – Why? | -不多 -为什么呢 |
[18:29] | Objection, Your Honor, relevance. | 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[18:30] | No, no, Mr. Klinenberg, you got what you wanted. | 不 科林尼伯格先生 你得到你想要的了 |
[18:32] | Now it’s their turn. | 该轮到他们了 |
[18:34] | We were never very close. | 我们从不曾很亲近 |
[18:36] | In fact didn’t you try to change your last name in 1993? | 实际上你是不是在1993年试图改姓呢 |
[18:39] | So, given the difficulties in your relationship with your father, | 基于你和父亲之间的紧张关系 |
[18:43] | did you ever tell him about what you learned from this juror? | 你和他谈过你从陪审员那儿了解的事情吗 |
[18:47] | No. | 没有 |
[18:48] | And did he ever ask you | 那他问过你 |
[18:49] | about what you talked about? | 关于你们谈过的事情吗 |
[18:51] | – No. – In fact did he even know you were dating this juror? | -没有 -实际上他都不知道你在和陪审员约会对吧 |
[18:54] | He never gave a damn who I was dating. | 他从不在乎我在和谁约会 |
[18:57] | The day of my wedding he didn’t even send a present. | 在我结婚的那天他甚至都没有送礼物 |
[19:00] | – No further questions. – Thank you, Ms. Cuesta. | -没有别的问题了 -谢谢 奎斯塔小姐 |
[19:06] | Lynn. | 琳恩 |
[19:08] | Too late, Dad. | 爸爸 太迟了 |
[19:19] | Are you crazy? I have a gun. | 你疯了吗 我有枪的 |
[19:24] | Just seeing what you’re doing, special agent Delaney. | 就是来看看你在做什么 德兰尼探员 |
[19:28] | How did you even find me? | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[19:31] | – Nice place. – Thanks. | -家里不错 -谢谢 |
[19:34] | Getting ready for bed. | 我正准备睡了 |
[19:35] | Yeah, I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[19:41] | Come on, I have to get up early. | 得了吧 我明早还得早起 |
[20:12] | I chase you for two years and nothing. | 我追了你两年却没有结果 |
[20:15] | What, now you’re into me? | 怎么 你现在喜欢我了吗 |
[20:48] | You’re gonna get me killed. | 你会害我被杀的 |
[20:50] | I’m getting you what? | 我会害你怎样? |
[20:54] | You talked to Lemond Bishop. | 你和莱蒙德·毕夏普谈过了 |
[21:00] | So that’s what this is about? | 原来就因为这事儿啊 |
[21:03] | You talk to Lemond Bishop, you get me killed. | 你和莱蒙德·毕夏普谈话 我会没命 |
[21:08] | No, I talk to Lemond Bishop and it turns up the heat. | 不 我和莱蒙德·毕夏普谈话 给他施压 |
[21:12] | He going to kill me, Lana. | 拉娜 他会杀了我的 |
[21:16] | Stop it. | 收手吧 |
[21:22] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[21:28] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[21:29] | It’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[21:51] | We haven’t gotten a new judge yet on the Ponzi scheme, | 庞氏骗局一案还没找到接任法官 |
[21:53] | but that gives us time to recalibrate our attack. | 但也给我们时间可以重新定位我们的战略 |
[21:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:59] | And that’s what you were doing– recalibrating? | 你前阵子就是在忙这个? 重新定位? |
[22:01] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[22:03] | This case could take a couple of months. | 这个案子可能会耗时几个月 |
[22:05] | – You up to it? – Yes. It’s a good case. | -你能应付吗 -是的 是个不错的案子 |
[22:08] | Ah. You’ll see it through? | 你会一直跟进吗 |
[22:11] | I hope to. Why? | 我希望如此 怎么了 |
[22:14] | You know the one thing I prize more than anything, Cary? | 凯里 你知道我最看重一件事 |
[22:17] | It’s loyalty. | 就是忠诚 |
[22:19] | I had to learn it the hard way– scandal. | 我从丑闻 进监狱 |
[22:22] | Going to prison. | 这个最艰难的方式中学到的 |
[22:23] | I thought I knew the people that I could count on. | 我原本以为我知道哪些人我能相信 |
[22:26] | Turns out there’s only a handful that stuck by me | 结果只有少数几个不离不弃 |
[22:29] | I got a call. | 我接到一个电话 |
[22:32] | Somebody saw you | 有人看见你在 |
[22:34] | being interviewed at Lockhart-Gardner. | 洛克哈特&加德纳接受面试 |
[22:36] | – Sir, I wasn’t… – You weren’t being interviewed? | -先生 我没有… -你没有去面试? |
[22:37] | No, I was. | 不 我去了 |
[22:39] | I was intending to tell you. | 我本想告诉你的 |
[22:41] | But it just happened to slip your mind? | 但你不小心忘了 是吗 |
[22:43] | No. | 不 |
[22:44] | That was wrong. | 那是不对的 |
[22:46] | I didn’t know whether I wanted to leave. | 我不知道我是否想离开 |
[22:48] | You wanted to know if there was soft landing before taking off? | 你想在起飞前弄清能不能软着陆? |
[22:51] | Sir. I have lost respect here ever since I took a step down. | 先生 自从我引咎降职后就失去威信了 |
[22:54] | Yeah, I know that. Do you respect me, Cary? | 我知道 凯里 你尊敬我吗 |
[22:59] | Of course I respect you. | 我当然尊敬你 |
[23:04] | Not enough to confide in me? | 但不足以对我坦白吗 |
[23:10] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[23:12] | My mistake. | 是我错了 |
[23:16] | I want you to hand off your cases to Geneva Pine. | 把你手头的案子全转交给吉妮瓦·派恩 |
[23:20] | We’ll still offer a month’s severance. | 我们还是会给你一个月的离职金 |
[23:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:28] | I’m sorry it happened like this. | 我很抱歉事情发展成这样 |
[23:31] | You got to do what you got to do. | 你得为你自己打算 |
[23:37] | Frank Peal, I reside at the Parnall Correctional Facility | 我叫弗兰克·皮埃 住在帕纳尔教养院 |
[23:41] | in Jackson County, Michigan. | 在密西根州的杰克逊县 |
[23:43] | And you testified in the original Patrick Rooney murder case? | 你在最初的派翠克·鲁尼谋杀案里作证了吗 |
[23:45] | Yes, I testified for the prosecution. | 是的 我是控方证人 |
[23:49] | Hey, Dick. | 迪克 你好啊 |
[23:50] | Okay, let me step in here. | 让我来问吧 |
[23:52] | What do you want to say, Mr. Peel? | 皮埃先生 你想说什么 |
[23:54] | Well, it’s not what I want to say. | 不是我想说什么 |
[23:56] | It’s that I was a cellmate of Patrick Rooney’s, | 而是因为我是派翠克·鲁尼的狱友 |
[23:59] | and Dick over there paid me to say that he confessed. | 迪克贿赂我来证明鲁尼招供了 |
[24:02] | Paid you? | 他贿赂你? |
[24:03] | – With money? – No. | -用钱 -不是 |
[24:04] | He gave me a conjugal visit with my girlfriend, you know. | 他给了我一次我和我女朋友的配偶探视 |
[24:08] | And it was worth it. | 很值 |
[24:09] | Thank you. Anything more, Mr. Klinenberg? | 谢谢你 科林尼伯格先生还有问题吗 |
[24:12] | No, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 没有了 |
[24:13] | A few questions, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 我有几个问题 |
[24:15] | Mr. Peel, your testimony is, | 皮埃先生 你的证词是 |
[24:18] | you were promised a conjugal visit in trade | 你被承诺用一次配偶探视 |
[24:20] | for your testimony against Rooney? | 来交换你对鲁尼不利的证词? |
[24:22] | That’s right. What I said. | 没错 就如我所说 |
[24:23] | And what was promised to you to testify against Judge Cuesta? | 那你对奎斯塔法官不利的证词的又能换来什么呢 |
[24:28] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[24:29] | You’re still in prison, aren’t you? | 你还在监狱里 不是吗 |
[24:32] | Did the prosecution do what prosecutors often | 这次控方是否又做了 |
[24:35] | do when they want damaging testimony? – Objection. | 他们想得到强力证词时常常做的事呢 -反对 |
[24:37] | No, Mr. Klinenberg. Go ahead, ma’am. | 反对无效 女士 请继续 |
[24:39] | Did they offer you leniency in trade for your testimony? | 他们是不是用宽大处理来交换你的证词呢 |
[24:46] | Well, they offered to speak at my parole hearing, | 他们提出在我的假释听证会上发言 |
[24:48] | if that’s what you mean, | 如果你指的是这个的话 |
[24:50] | but I wouldn’t call that paying, you know? | 但我不认为这是贿赂 |
[24:52] | It’s just what friends do for friends. | 这只是朋友间的互相帮助 |
[24:53] | Okay, thank you, Mr. Peel. | 谢谢你 皮埃先生 |
[24:56] | We don’t need anything more from you. | 我们没有别的问题了 |
[25:00] | That was nicely done. | 干得漂亮 |
[25:02] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[25:06] | You what? | 你什么? |
[25:07] | I’m dating her. | 我在跟她约会 |
[25:10] | You’re dating Callie Simko? | 你在跟凯莉·西姆科约会? |
[25:12] | Yes. Just recently. | 是的 最近开始的 |
[25:16] | Will, I-.. I don’t mean to intrude, | 威尔 我不是干涉你私生活 |
[25:19] | but could you please keep your pants zipped? | 但拜托你能不能裤腰带紧一点 |
[25:23] | I didn’t know you were bringing her in for an interview. | 我不知道你让她来应聘了 |
[25:25] | If you had invited me in for the interview. | 如果你也叫我来参与面试就好了 |
[25:27] | Oh, yes, I’m the problem. | 是啊 问题在我 |
[25:28] | The only reason we’re interviewing anyone at all | 说到底我们要面试别人的原因 |
[25:29] | is because you vetoed Cary. | 还不是因为你否决了凯里 |
[25:32] | She’s good, isn’t she? | 她很不错 是吧 |
[25:35] | Callie. | 凯莉 |
[25:36] | Yes. Howard liked her. | 是的 霍华德喜欢她 |
[25:38] | She wanted men on her deserted island. | 她要带着男人上荒岛 |
[25:43] | Okay, let me figure something out. | 好吧 让我先琢磨下 |
[25:45] | See? | 看见没 |
[25:47] | They really don’t include you in the group. | 他们根本不让你参与决策 |
[25:50] | They’re using you. | 他们在利用你 |
[25:53] | So, um… | 那 |
[25:55] | what do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[25:56] | Well, Julius Cain and I would like you | 我和朱利叶斯·凯恩希望你 |
[25:58] | to join us in voting Will out. | 跟我们一起投票让威尔下台 |
[26:01] | I’m embarrassed to say, I used to be a heavy smoker. | 这个说来不好意思 我曾是个老烟枪 |
[26:04] | I’m embarrassed to say… I still am. | 这个说来不好意思 我现在仍是 |
[26:06] | You’re kidding, Your Honor. | 您开玩笑吧 法官阁下 |
[26:08] | You’re killing yourself. | 您这可是自杀 |
[26:09] | Yeah, I know. My wife says she’s kicking me out unless I quit. | 我知道 我妻子说我不戒烟就赶我出去 |
[26:11] | Have you tried the patch? | 您试过戒烟贴吗 |
[26:12] | No, but I will. | 没有 但我会试试的 |
[26:14] | – Anyway, you were the jury foreman? – Yes. | -总之 你是当时的首席陪审员? -是的 |
[26:16] | And I was one of the last holdouts for not guilty. | 而且我是最后几个坚持无罪的人中的一个 |
[26:19] | But you changed your vote to guilty? | 但你后来改投有罪了吗 |
[26:21] | – I’m sorry, Your Honor. Do you mind if I take over? – Please. | -抱歉 法官阁下 介意我来问吗 -请便 |
[26:23] | Yes. Once I voted guilty, we were unanimous. | 是的 我一投有罪 我们就达成一致意见了 |
[26:26] | And why did you change your vote? | 你为什么会改变主意 |
[26:28] | There was this smoking area– | 当时有个吸烟区 |
[26:29] | a little courtyard outside the jury room– | 就是陪审团室外面的一个小院子 |
[26:32] | and I saw some evidence there during our last lunch break. | 最后一次午休的时候我在那里看到了某个证据 |
[26:36] | First, I thought it was left there accidentally. | 一开始我以为那证据是不小心被忘在那里的 |
[26:38] | And what was that evidence? | 是什么证据 |
[26:39] | Photos of the husband, | 是死者丈夫的照片 |
[26:40] | Mr. Rooney, the accused, covered with blood. | 被告鲁尼先生浑身是血 |
[26:44] | And this was evidence that was excluded | 这证据因为会引起偏见 |
[26:46] | from the trial because it was considered prejudicial? | 当时已被法庭排除了是吗 |
[26:48] | Yes, I guess we weren’t supposed to see it. | 是的 我们本不该看到它 |
[26:51] | And why do you say that this evidence wasn’t left there accidentally? | 为什么你认为它并非不小心被忘在那里的 |
[26:54] | Because I saw that man– the prosecutor over there– | 因为我看见那个人 那边那位公诉人 |
[26:56] | leaving the evidence there in the courtyard. | 将证据留在院子里 |
[26:59] | Well, I didn’t do that. I would never do that. | 我没这么做 我绝不会这么做 |
[27:01] | We could play off faulty vision. | 我们可以说她看错了 |
[27:03] | The foreman used to wear glasses. | 那首席陪审员曾是个近视眼 |
[27:05] | It’ll be hard to undercut her. | 想否决她的证词很难 |
[27:06] | Judge Wicks believed her. | 威克斯法官相信她 |
[27:10] | You had a co-counsel on the case, Your Honor? | 办这件案时你还有个搭档是吗 法官阁下 |
[27:12] | Yes, an ASA I supervised. Why? | 对 是个我下属的助理检察官 怎么了 |
[27:15] | I saw a photo of him in the file somewhere. | 我在某份文件上看见了他的照片 |
[27:18] | Yes, that’s Lloyd Bullock. | 是的 那是劳埃德·布洛克 |
[27:20] | But he had nothing to do with the crime scene evidence. | 但他与那犯罪现场的证据毫无关系 |
[27:22] | – He was a good man. – And you were balding, then, too, in 1992? | -他是个好人 -1992年时你也是几乎秃顶吗 |
[27:27] | He had nothing to do with the crime scene evidence. | 他与那犯罪现场的证据毫无关系 |
[27:29] | Yes, but during delibertiaons, | 是的 但是在陪审团合议期间 |
[27:31] | you weren’t in complete control of that evidence. | 那证据并非完全归你保管 |
[27:33] | No, I was. | 不 完全归我管 |
[27:36] | Your Honor, they’re saying that you leaked | 法官阁下 他们说你为了让一个无辜的人被定罪 |
[27:39] | excluded evidence to the jury to win a verdict against an innocent man. | 而向陪审团泄漏已排除的证据 |
[27:42] | Which you did not do, right? | 而你并没这么做 对吗 |
[27:43] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[27:44] | Then we need to point our finger at someone else. | 那我们就要把矛头指向其他人 |
[27:46] | Yes, but not at someone who’s innocent. | 对 但是不能指向无辜的人 |
[27:48] | Well, how do you know he’s innocent? | 你怎么知道他是无辜的 |
[27:50] | I mean, this was a photo that was leaked. | 被泄漏的是一张照片 |
[27:53] | You had access to it. | 你能拿到 |
[27:55] | Your co-counsel had access to it. | 你的搭档也能拿到 |
[27:57] | He was with me during deliberations. | 合议期间他和我在一起 |
[27:58] | That’s how I know that he didn’t do it. | 所以我知道不是他干的 |
[28:00] | – During the whole deliberations? -Yes. | -整个合议期间都是吗 -是的 |
[28:02] | – And you know that for a fact? – I do. | -你确定吗 -我确定 |
[28:04] | He didn’t leave you once, even to go to the restroom? | 他一次也没离开你 连洗手间都没去过吗 |
[28:06] | Oh, come on, what is this, the third grade? | 得了吧 这是干什么 当我三年级小孩吗 |
[28:08] | I’m not naive. I know what you’re doing here. | 我不傻 我知道你们想做什么 |
[28:10] | You’re defense attorneys. | 你们是辩护律师 |
[28:12] | You poke holes in the prosecution’s case, | 你们在公诉的论据里找漏洞 |
[28:14] | which is everything I’ve been disgusted by my entire life. | 这是我这辈子最讨厌的行为 |
[28:16] | Playing games with the truth. | 玩弄真相 |
[28:18] | And when you’re back on the bench, you can be disgusted again, | 等你坐回审判席 你可以继续讨厌 |
[28:20] | but for the moment, we need to defend you, | 但是目前我们得为你辩护 |
[28:22] | or you won’t get back on the bench. | 否则你别想坐回审判席 |
[28:25] | Hey, Callie. | 凯莉 |
[28:27] | I’m not going to be able to make it tonight. | 我今晚来不了了 |
[28:30] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 是的 抱歉 |
[28:32] | Family stuff. Yeah. | 家里有点事 是的 |
[28:35] | Yeah, I’ll talk to you. | 好 回头再跟你说 |
[28:44] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[28:45] | Don’t touch it. | 别去管 |
[28:47] | It’ll take care of itself. | 它会自生自灭 |
[28:49] | My name is Lloyd Bullock. | 我是劳埃德·布洛克 |
[28:50] | I was an ASA and His Honor Cuesta’s co-counsel in 1992. | 92年时我任助理检察官和奎斯特法官的搭档 |
[28:54] | Hey, Richard. | 你好 理查德 |
[28:56] | Lloyd. | 劳埃德 |
[28:57] | And you looked nothing like you do now back then? | 你如今的外观也跟当年发生了很大变化吧 |
[29:00] | Well, we’ve all gotten older. | 我们都变老了 |
[29:02] | Not all of us. | 除了你 |
[29:04] | I’m sorry to be delving into this, sir, but your hair… | 很抱歉要深究这事 先生 不过你的头发 |
[29:07] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[29:09] | No, I see where Mrs. Florrick is going with this. | 反对无效 我看得出福瑞克夫人的目的 |
[29:11] | You used to be bald, Mr. Bullock? | 你以前是秃顶的对吗 布洛克先生 |
[29:13] | Balding. Yes, this is a hairweave. | 近乎秃顶 没错 这些是植发 |
[29:15] | Ah, very good one. | 效果很好啊 |
[29:17] | Thank you. I’m in real estate now. | 谢谢 我现在在做房地产 |
[29:19] | It’s almost an occupational necessity. | 这几乎算是本职业必需 |
[29:21] | So, you used to look a bit like Judge Cuesta in 1992? | 那在92年 你跟奎斯特法官长得有点像? |
[29:25] | I guess. With glasses, my hairline… | 可能吧 戴上眼镜的话 我的发际线… |
[29:27] | And you were a smoker back then in 1992, weren’t you? | 而且那时候你也吸烟 对吗 |
[29:31] | Yes. Not a heavy one, but yes. | 对 烟瘾不重 但我吸烟 |
[29:33] | And so, you had access | 所以 你是可以进入 |
[29:34] | to the courtyard smoking area outside the jury room? | 陪审团室外的吸烟用的院子的 对吗 |
[29:36] | Well, yeah, it was the one smoking area. | 是 那是唯一的吸烟区 |
[29:38] | And you were left in charge of all the evidence during deliberations? | 在合议过程中 是你负责所有的证据管理? |
[29:42] | No. | 不是 |
[29:44] | You weren’t in charge of the prosecutorial evidence? | 不是你负责控方的证据管理的? |
[29:47] | No. | 不是 |
[29:52] | My mistake. But you did have access to it? | 我的错 不过你确实可以接触到证据对吗 |
[29:55] | And you were to keep charge of | 而且你是负责管理 |
[29:56] | admissible and inadmissible evidence? | 所有被采纳和不被采纳的证据的人? |
[29:58] | I think they are trying to suggest you left some | 我觉得他们在暗示你在吸烟区留下了一些 |
[30:00] | inadmissible evidence in this smoking area to be seen by a juror. | 不被采纳的证据 以便被陪审员看到 |
[30:03] | – Is that what happened? – No, Your Honor. | -是不是这样 -不是 法官阁下 |
[30:05] | No further questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[30:06] | Yeah, well, I have a few. | 我有问题 |
[30:08] | Mr. Bullock, did you go out into that courtyard during deliberations? | 布洛克先生 在合议阶段你有没有进入那个院子 |
[30:11] | – No, Your Honor. – Where were you during deliberations? | -没有 法官阁下 -那你当时在哪里 |
[30:13] | With Mr. Cuesta. | 跟奎斯特先生在一起 |
[30:15] | We were together the whole time. | 我们一直都呆在一起 |
[30:16] | That true, Judge? | 真的吗 法官 |
[30:17] | Objection. Judge Cuesta isn’t on the stand, Your Honor. | 反对 奎斯特法官不是证人 法官阁下 |
[30:20] | Yes, and if this were a trial and not a Court of Inquiry, | 没错 如果这是审判而不是调查法庭 |
[30:24] | I wouldn’t be doing this, but I am doing this. | 我不会这样做 但我现在要这么做 |
[30:26] | Your honor, as one judge to another, | 法官阁下 同为法官 请回答我 |
[30:29] | was Mr. Bullock with you during deliberations, | 在合议阶段 布洛克先生是不是和你在一起 |
[30:31] | and therefore, unable to leave this excluded evidence for a juror? | 因而不可能将被排除的证据泄露给陪审员? |
[30:40] | Yes, Your Honor, he was with me. | 是的 法官阁下 他和我在一起 |
[30:43] | For the whole deliberations? | 整个合议阶段都是吗 |
[30:45] | Yes, for the whole deliberations. | 是的 整个阶段 |
[30:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[30:52] | Think we can excuse this witness. | 我们可以让这位证人离席了 |
[30:54] | Just a few questions. | 还有几个问题 |
[30:55] | Quit while you’re ahead, Mr. Klinenberg. | 见好就收 科林尼伯格先生 |
[31:04] | These are the checks in question from Mr. Bishop’s corporation. | 这就是那些毕夏普先生的公司开的支票 |
[31:09] | But this.. is a copy of an email from Will Gardner. | 这是威尔·加德纳的一封电邮 |
[31:12] | You will note | 你可以注意到 |
[31:13] | that it is dated three weeks prior to the first check. | 上面的日期是在第一张支票发出前三个星期 |
[31:16] | “Kalinda, the client asked me to have you look | “凯琳达 客户让我叫你查一下 |
[31:19] | into matters we discussed in the meeting. | 我们在会上讨论的问题 |
[31:21] | Please keep me posted. | 请随时跟我汇报进度 |
[31:22] | Thanks. Will” | 谢谢 威尔” |
[31:24] | Seriously? | 你逗我玩吧? |
[31:26] | It was work that was done for Lockhart-Gardner, and as such, | 工作是为洛克哈特&加德纳律所做 照此 |
[31:28] | it is covered by attorney-client privilege. | 它受律师与当事人保密特权约束 |
[31:29] | If this is work done for Lockhart-Gardner, | 如果这是为了洛克哈特&加德纳律所办事 |
[31:31] | then why did Lemond Bishop pay Kanda directly? | 为什么莱蒙德·毕夏普会直接付款给凯琳达 |
[31:34] | That was an accounting error. | 那是因为会计出错了 |
[31:35] | – Mr. Bishop… – Come on. | -毕夏普先生… -少来这套 |
[31:36] | Mr. Bishop’s business manager | 毕夏普先生的业务经理 |
[31:38] | incorrectly cut the checks to Ms. Sharma directly. | 错误地将支票直接汇给了夏尔马小姐 |
[31:42] | Having done so, the firm didn’t want to double-bill their client, | 木已成舟 律所不想向客户重复收费 |
[31:45] | so they let it stand. | 所以就没有再理了 |
[31:46] | You do realize I don’t believe a word of this, don’t you? | 你知道这托辞在我面前不管用的 对吧 |
[31:51] | Whatever. | 算了 |
[31:53] | You tell Kalinda this isn’t over. | 你告诉凯琳达事情还没完 |
[31:59] | I think what we should do is push Diane out, also. | 我想我们应该把戴安也一起挤掉 |
[32:02] | Hmm? I mean, the question is, “Value added”” | 对吗 重点是”增值” |
[32:05] | Who adds, who doesn’t, right? | 有用的留 没用的走 对吧 |
[32:07] | Yeah. Yeah, you’re right. | 没错 没错 完全正确 |
[32:08] | Hey, you. | 你 |
[32:09] | Coffee lid on the coffee cup. | 咖啡盖要放在咖啡杯上 |
[32:11] | What are you thiinkng? | 你脑子烧坏了吗 |
[32:12] | Excuse me, Howard. I got to make a call. | 不好意思 霍华德 我要打个电话 |
[32:14] | I think we should make our move before the summer. | 我们应该在夏天到来前行动 |
[32:15] | Summer’s when things slow down. | 夏天会使人松懈 |
[32:17] | You know? | 懂吗 |
[32:18] | I don’t know, Howard. | 不懂 霍华德 |
[32:20] | I really don’t know. | 我真的一头雾水 |
[32:22] | Please just forget I said anything. | 当我什么都没跟你说过 |
[32:24] | Can we just go back to us not talking? Please? | 咱们回到不相往来的状态 行吗 拜托了 |
[32:32] | Excuse me. You, uh, Mara Stokes? | 打扰你了 你是玛拉·斯托克斯吗 |
[32:37] | You prosecution or defense? | 你是代表控方还是辩方的 |
[32:40] | I’m sorry? | 你的意思是? |
[32:41] | When I heard that Cuesta’s head was on the chopping block, | 当我得知奎斯特的头在砧板上时 |
[32:44] | I figured one of you would come looking his investigator up. | 就知道控方或者辩方会来找他的调查员问话 |
[32:47] | Plus, this place doesn’t get too many customers like you. | 还有 这地方不太有你这种客人光顾 |
[32:51] | Then maybe you could help me. | 那也许你能帮我这个忙 |
[32:54] | Did Cuesta bend the rules to get a conviction on Patrick Rooney? | 奎斯特有没有为了将派翠克·鲁尼入罪而做越界的事 |
[32:57] | Straight shooter. | 单刀直入 |
[32:59] | I like your M.O. | 我喜欢你的风格 |
[33:01] | Kalinda. | 我叫凯琳达 |
[33:03] | Well, Kalinda, | 好吧 凯琳达 |
[33:04] | Richard Cuesta fancied himself a true public servant, | 理查德·奎斯特把他自己视为人民公仆 |
[33:08] | and he was gonna nail Patrick Rooney, | 无论遇见什么困难 |
[33:10] | come hell or high water. | 他都会摆平派翠克·鲁尼 |
[33:11] | And did hell or high water ever come? | 那他遇见什么困难了吗 |
[33:14] | May have. | 可能有 |
[33:15] | If you’re like me, | 如果你像我一样的话 |
[33:17] | you have access to the state’s attorney evidence locker, right? | 你可以打开州检办的证据柜 对吗 |
[33:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:21] | Well, there’s something that never… quiet… | 有些东西 |
[33:25] | sat right with me. | 我相当不喜欢 |
[33:26] | – What is it? – Well, you’ll find out. | -是什么 -你会找出答案的 |
[33:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:34] | Can I offer you a little life advice, Kalinda. | 凯琳达 可以给你提个建议吗 |
[33:39] | Sure. | 当然 |
[33:40] | Get out while you can. | 身后还有路的时候就退出吧 |
[33:45] | Just don’t go into retail. | 就是不要干零售 |
[33:53] | Four purchases, all on Terri Rooney’s credit card | 在泰里·鲁尼死后一天 |
[33:56] | the day after her death. | 她的信用卡有4笔支出 |
[33:58] | And more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[34:00] | the day after Patrick Rooney was in custody. | 这发生在派翠克·鲁尼被拘留后一天 |
[34:02] | Meaning Rooney probably wasn’t the killer. | 意味着派翠克极可能不是凶手 |
[34:04] | You never saw these? | 你从没有见过这些吗 |
[34:05] | Do you have any idea how much evidence I had to sift through? | 你知道我要筛选多少证据吗 |
[34:08] | – Plus, I was carrying a dozen other cases… – Your Honor, | -加上我还有很多其他的案子 -法官阁下 |
[34:11] | that is not an answer. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[34:13] | It was 20 years ago, okay? | 那时20年前的事 好吧 |
[34:14] | I don’t remember. | 我记不得了 |
[34:16] | I do not… recall seeing this evidence. | 我不记得是否看到这个证据 |
[34:19] | You used to carry a big case load. | 你过去要处理很多案子 |
[34:21] | Would you review every piece of evidence on every case? | 每件案子的每个证据都是你亲自检查的吗 |
[34:24] | That depended on how busy I was | 那取决于我有多忙 |
[34:26] | So what would you do with the evidence you couldn’t review? | 那你怎么处理那些你没有检查的证据 |
[34:28] | – I’d farm it out. – To your co-counsel? | -转交给别人处理 -比如说你的搭档? |
[34:32] | No. | 不能推给他 |
[34:33] | – I have to draw a line somewhere. – Really? | -我必须有底线 -真的吗 |
[34:36] | And this is where you choose to draw it? | 你决定把底线划在这儿? |
[34:38] | – Yes. – You had prosecutorial blinders on. | -是的 -公诉人的角色 蒙蔽了你的双眼 |
[34:41] | You saw these photos of a mutilated wife, | 你看见被残害的女人的照片 |
[34:43] | and you wanted to put someone away. | 你希望有人为此负责 被关进监狱 |
[34:45] | That makes you focus on the evidence that helped, | 因此你只专注于对你的控诉有利的证据 |
[34:47] | and ignore the evidence that hurt. | 忽视了不利于这个结论的证据 |
[34:50] | Well, then… I’m guilty. | 那我就认罪 |
[34:52] | Your Honor, if you farmed out the review | 法官阁下 如果你把证据审核工作 |
[34:54] | of this evidence to Lloyd Bullock | 分配给劳埃德·布洛克 |
[34:56] | and he didn’t inform you of it, | 但他没有把情况知照你 |
[34:57] | then this really is his fault, not yours. | 那这就是他的错 而不是你的 |
[35:07] | Do you think there’s a hell? | 你认为有地狱吗 |
[35:11] | No. | 没有 |
[35:13] | I don’t, either. | 我也觉得没有 |
[35:16] | But then I meet lawyers, | 在和律师打交道之后 |
[35:18] | and I change my mind. | 我改变了看法 |
[35:25] | Callie. | 凯莉 |
[35:26] | I thought we were gonna… | 我以为我们… |
[35:29] | I didn’t take the job. | 我没有接受那份工作 |
[35:33] | I just called Diane and told her. | 我打电话告诉戴安了 |
[35:38] | – You didn’t take the job? – Nope. | -你拒绝这份工作? -是的 |
[35:42] | Look, I feel like I need to be very clear here. | 我觉得我得把事情讲清楚 |
[35:46] | – I never asked you… – Oh, Will, just be quiet. | -我从没有让你… -威尔 不要说话 |
[35:49] | You think it’s about you? | 你觉得这是因为你吗 |
[35:51] | Men always think it’s about them. | 男人总是觉得事情与自己有关 |
[35:53] | I got a better offer– | 我得到了更好的工作 |
[35:54] | Bonnie, Abrams & O’Connell. | 邦妮 艾布勒姆斯&奥康内尔律所 |
[35:56] | They’re gonna make me junior partner. | 他们让我当初级合伙人 |
[35:58] | Plus, it’s closer to my apartment. | 而且 离我的公寓也更近 |
[36:09] | I have baggage. | 我是个有包袱的人 |
[36:12] | Well, let’s see it. | 那咱们来看看你的包袱吧 |
[36:15] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:17] | You’ll see it soon enough. | 保证你很快就会见到 |
[36:19] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[36:20] | Promises, promises. | 总有各种保证 |
[36:29] | This is… this is very generous. | 你们非常大方 |
[36:33] | We think the salary is befitting our first choice. | 你是我们的第一人选 我们认为这份薪水很合适 |
[36:35] | This is where you grew up, Cary. | 这是你成长的地方 凯里 |
[36:37] | We’d love to have you come home. | 很高兴你能重新回来 |
[36:41] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸能回来工作 |
[36:42] | Oh, we’re gonna need you to hit the ground sprinting– | 我们需要你马上投入工作 |
[36:44] | we’re stretched pretty thin right now. | 我们现在过度超负荷运作了 |
[36:46] | Load me up. | 交给我吧 |
[36:49] | Oh, I’m needed in court. | 我要上庭了 |
[36:54] | Welcome back, Cary. | 欢迎回来 凯里 |
[36:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:03] | Yeah. Look, the only way this is gonna work | 你回来工作 |
[37:06] | is if we start with a clean slate. | 我们必须既往不咎 |
[37:08] | So I hereby declare any unresolved issues | 我现在宣布我们之前 |
[37:10] | between us… | 未解开的过节 |
[37:13] | officially resolved. | 正式结束 |
[37:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:18] | I’ll get you an office lined up. | 我会给你准备办公室 |
[37:19] | And given your experience as Deputy A.S.A., | 鉴于你有担任州副检察官的经验 |
[37:21] | we’d like you to take on some managerial responsibilities. | 我们想让你承担一些管理职责 |
[37:25] | Personnel related, if you’re game. | 人事方面的工作 如果你愿意 |
[37:26] | Yeah sure. What is it? | 当然 是什么 |
[37:28] | We need a slush fund. | 我们需要行贿基金 |
[37:32] | – Slush fund. – Yeah. | -行贿基金 -是的 |
[37:34] | For, uh, discretionary expenses. You know. | 用来支付自由开支 |
[37:40] | Getting clients laid. | 为顾客招妓 |
[37:42] | This isn’t my first lousy economy. | 我不是第一次遇上国家经济危机了 |
[37:44] | That’s a surefire way | 这是保住生意的 |
[37:46] | to keep business from walking out that door. | 不二法门 |
[37:53] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[37:55] | Hey. So, you’re back. | 你回来了 |
[37:58] | I am. | 是的 |
[38:00] | It’s gonna be OK for you? | 你不会有问题吧 |
[38:01] | Why wouldn’t it? | 怎么会有问题呢 |
[38:05] | Um, I’m going for a drink later with some of the third-years. | 我准备和几个三年级律师出去喝一杯 |
[38:08] | You want to meet us? | 一起去吧? |
[38:10] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我… |
[38:11] | – I have a lot on… – At Brando’s. | -还有很多事情… -在布兰多斯 |
[38:14] | But thanks. Um, maybe next time. | 还是算了 下次吧 |
[38:21] | Nope. | 没有 |
[38:22] | Never seen those credit card receipts before in my life. | 这辈子都没见过这些信用卡收据 |
[38:25] | There are four receipts from Ms. Rooney’s credit card, | 鲁尼太太有四张信用卡收据 |
[38:28] | all after Patrick Rooney was in custody. | 均出自派翠克·鲁尼收监之后 |
[38:30] | I can understand missing one, but four? | 漏掉一张我能理解 但四张都漏了? |
[38:32] | – Objection. Asked and answered. – Withdrawn. | -反对 自问自答 -我收回 |
[38:35] | Was one of the tasks delegated to you by my client | 我的当事人是否把整理案中 |
[38:38] | – the compiling of all financial information in this case? – Yes. | -所有财务类信息的任务交给了你 -是的 |
[38:42] | So all the credit card receipts | 就是说所有的信用卡收据 |
[38:43] | would have to cross your desk first, | 必然先由你经手 |
[38:46] | and then it would be your responsibility | 之后也是由你负责 |
[38:48] | to alert ASA Cuesta? | 告知当时的助理检察官奎斯塔? |
[38:49] | If they had been discovered. | 如果这些收据被发现了的话 |
[38:51] | And if they had, yes, | 是 如果当时我发现了 |
[38:52] | I would have turned them over to Richard. | 我会把它们交给理查德 |
[38:55] | You were injured in a car accident earlier in the year? | 那年早些时候你在一场车祸中受伤了是吗 |
[38:57] | – New Year’s? – Yes. So? | -新年的时候 -是的 所以呢 |
[38:59] | In May of that year, | 那年五月 |
[39:01] | two months before Terri Rooney’s case, | 泰里·鲁尼案子发生两个月前 |
[39:03] | did you register yourself at the CLR Clinic | 你是否为自己在戒毒所登了记 |
[39:06] | for an addiction to hydrocodone | 因为你在那场事故后的治疗期间 |
[39:08] | that you developed after that accident? | 对氢可酮上了瘾 |
[39:10] | Objection. Your Honor, this credit card information, | 反对 法官阁下 这个信用卡信息 |
[39:12] | it really incriminates the accused, not Mr. Bullock. | 应该说明被告有罪 而非布洛克先生 |
[39:14] | Except the accused is not the one addicted to painkillers. | 但被告不是那个对止痛药上瘾的人 |
[39:16] | Which has nothing to do with the credit card receipts. | 没有发现信用卡收据与此无关 |
[39:18] | Credit card receipts you didn’t even know existed | 这些信用卡收据在我们提交庭上之前 |
[39:19] | until we brought them to this court’s attention. | 你们根本不知道它们的存在 |
[39:21] | Yes, which you’re only doing to reassign blame. | 没错 你们这么做就是为了找个替罪羊 |
[39:23] | Excuse me? Why would we do that? | 不好意思 我们为什么要这么做 |
[39:25] | Why would we bring forward evidence | 我们为什么提出一份 |
[39:27] | that would be damaging to us? | 会害到我们自己的证据 |
[39:28] | Because you were afraid I would bring it forward | 因为你们害怕我会先提出来 |
[39:30] | Oh, Your Honor, I’m not sure | 法官阁下 我不知道 |
[39:31] | whether to be flattered or outraged | 我该觉得荣幸之至还是愤怒之极 |
[39:33] | by the prosecutor’s regard for our malevolence | 看到公诉人把我们想得如此恶毒 |
[39:35] | – and our… – Okay, okay. Okay. | -如此… -好了 好了 |
[39:36] | Both said your piece? Good. | 双方观点都说完了吗 好的 |
[39:37] | Let’s just sit on down, stop posturing. | 都坐下吧 不要故作姿态了 |
[39:40] | Let’s just talk, okay? | 冷静地谈话 好吗 |
[39:43] | Mr. Bullock… | 布洛克先生 |
[39:45] | were you addicted to painkillers in 1992? | 你在1992年是否对止疼药上了瘾 |
[39:51] | Yes, Your Honor, | 是的 法官阁下 |
[39:52] | I had a dependency problem, but I never… | 我有依赖药物的问题 但我从没… |
[39:54] | I understand that, sir. | 我理解 先生 |
[39:55] | Did you mention this dependency to your co-counsel over there? | 你是否向你的搭档谈及过这个问题 |
[40:00] | No. | 没有 |
[40:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:03] | Judge Cuesta… | 奎斯塔法官 |
[40:05] | did you ever see any of these credit card receipts? | 你是否曾见过这些收据中的任何一张 |
[40:10] | No. | 没有 |
[40:12] | And who had the responsibility for this evidence? | 谁当时负责这份证据 |
[40:16] | – Your Honor…- Wait your turn, sir. | -法官阁下 -没轮到你呢 先生 |
[40:18] | I’m asking His Honor. | 我在问法官阁下 |
[40:20] | Judge? | 法官? |
[40:24] | My co-counsel had the responsibility. | 我的搭档对此负有责任 |
[40:30] | That is not true. | 这不是真的 |
[40:31] | Thank you, Mr. Bullock. | 谢谢你 布洛克先生 |
[40:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:38] | You may step down, sir. | 你可以下去了 先生 |
[40:47] | I have no more questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[41:00] | To Cary Agos. | 致凯里·艾格斯 |
[41:02] | Welcome back to the dark side. | 欢迎回到黑暗这边 |
[41:04] | To the dark side! | 致黑暗这边 |
[41:05] | And to Alicia Florrick, | 也致艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[41:07] | who got a judge off today. | 她今天为一名法官脱罪了 |
[41:10] | Correction– | 更正 |
[41:13] | got a judge out of the penalty box today. | 是把法官从受罚席上弄了下来 |
[41:15] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[41:18] | You’re running with the pack these days. | 你融合地很好 |
[41:20] | What? | 什么 |
[41:22] | You are doing well. | 你做得不错 |
[41:23] | You’re light. | 没有心理负担 |
[41:26] | Oh, I don’t know, Cary. | 我不知道 凯里 |
[41:28] | Sometimes I get it, I get the law, | 有些时候我明白 明白法律 |
[41:30] | I get what I’m doing here, | 我知道我在做什么 |
[41:32] | and then there are moments where I think, “What the… | 但有些时刻我却会想 “我他… |
[41:36] | what am I doing?” | 我到底在干什么” |
[41:39] | Um… you’re helping people. | 你在帮助别人啊 |
[41:41] | A judge, like today? | 比如说今天的这位法官吗 |
[41:43] | Wasn’t he innocent? | 他不是无辜的吗 |
[41:46] | Does it matter? | 重要吗 |
[41:52] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅 |
[41:53] | I went away for two years, | 我离开了这儿两年 |
[41:56] | now I’m back, | 现在我回来了 |
[41:57] | and I haven’t learned a thing. | 却什么都没学到 |
[42:02] | Two years of my life gone, | 我生命中的两年就这样没有了 |
[42:03] | and I’m just as stupid as I… I was when I left law school. | 我还是和离开法学院的时候一样傻 |
[42:07] | Oh, it’s okay. | 这没什么 |
[42:09] | What is there to learn? | 有什么好学的呢 |
[42:12] | That people lie. | 有一课 是人都说谎 |
[42:14] | And the people who judge, they lie the most. | 而那些裁定别人的人 说的谎最多 |
[42:23] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:25] | I’m here cheating with you. | 我在和你搞外遇哦 |
[42:28] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |