时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Cary asked me. | 凯里叫我来的 |
[00:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:12] | He’s just on a call. | 他去打电话了 |
[00:17] | So, the IRA agreed to an Off and Compromise, | 国税厅在你的税务案件上 |
[00:21] | on your tax case. | 允许你做出让步以换取不追究 |
[00:23] | The IRA? | 国税厅? |
[00:27] | The… the IRS. | 国税局 |
[00:29] | You’ll have to pay a penalty, | 你得缴纳罚金 |
[00:30] | we can deal with all the specifics later, | 具体事宜可以稍后再谈 |
[00:32] | but you have some un-cashed checks in your file. | 不过你的档案里有一些未兑现的支票 |
[00:34] | You should take a look at those. | 你该看看 |
[00:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:40] | I’m not gay. | 我并不是同性恋 |
[00:44] | You asked whether I was gay? | 你不是问我是不是同性恋么 |
[00:47] | Yes… | 是的 |
[00:49] | two years ago. | 两年前了 |
[00:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:52] | I wanted to answer. | 我想回答一下你的问题 |
[00:54] | I’m not gay, I’m… | 我不是同性恋 我只是 |
[00:58] | …flexible. | 两相宜 |
[00:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:03] | Flexible. Good. | 两相宜 真不错 |
[01:06] | And, uh… | 另外 |
[01:08] | Lana Delaney, this FBI agent, | 那个联调局干探拉娜·德兰尼 |
[01:10] | that’s… flexible? | 就是你所谓的两相宜? |
[01:13] | Yeah. Sort of. | 对 算是吧 |
[01:16] | Because as your lawyer, I wouldn’t… | 因为作为你的律师 我不会… |
[01:20] | you know what, it’s your life. You do what you want. | 这是你的生活 你有行事的自由 |
[01:28] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:29] | It’s the Veriscene case. The judgment’s in. | 是那桩维洛欣的案子 裁决出来了 |
[01:31] | We find out tomorrow. | 明天就揭晓了 |
[01:33] | That’s good. | 那好啊 |
[01:35] | I don’t know. I’ve got a bad feeling about this one. | 我也不知道 有种不祥的预感 |
[01:38] | How’s everyone this morning? | 大家今天早上好啊 |
[01:40] | Well, Your Honor. | 我们都很好 法官阁下 |
[01:41] | We seem to have a designated hitter here today. | 似乎今天来了位代理的律师啊 |
[01:44] | Yes, Your Honor. My partner, Will Gardner, | 是的 法官阁下 我的合伙人加德纳 |
[01:46] | couldn’t be in court… | 无法到庭 |
[01:47] | Oh, you don’t have to cover for him. I know Will’s suspended. | 不用解释 我知道威尔被停职了 |
[01:50] | – How’s he doing? – Very well, thank you for asking. | -他还好么 -很好 承蒙挂念 |
[01:52] | Like a kid with five days until Christmas. | 他就像是圣诞节前五天的小孩子一样 |
[01:55] | Well, tell him he’s missed. | 告诉他 我们都记挂着他 |
[01:57] | Shall we get started? | 可以开始了吗 |
[01:59] | Plaintiff alleges that Veriscene, | 原告诉称 维洛欣 |
[02:02] | a drug administered for the cure of acne | 一种本应能治疗粉刺的药物 |
[02:04] | caused Mr. Goode irreversible sterility. | 导致了古德先生终身不育 |
[02:07] | Accordingly, I am entering judgment for the plaintiff, | 因此我判决原告胜诉 |
[02:10] | in the amount of $25 million in compensatory. | 被告应赔付2500万美元 |
[02:13] | I acknowledge that this amount | 我知道这个数字 |
[02:15] | is in excess of the $18 million requested by the plaintiff, | 比原告的索赔金额高了1800万 |
[02:18] | but I find the actions here particularly heinous. | 那是因为此案中的情节十分恶劣 |
[02:20] | – Your Honor… – Yes, Mr. Canning? | -法官阁下 -什么事 坎宁先生 |
[02:22] | You want to appeal? | 你要上诉吗 |
[02:24] | – Oh, I do. Uhvehemently. – As is your right. | -肯定的 -这是你的权利 |
[02:26] | Mr. Goode, no matter where this ends up, I want you to know, | 古德先生 不论最终结果如何 |
[02:29] | justice was done here today. | 我希望你知道 今天正义得到了伸张 |
[02:32] | Whoo-hoo! Yes! | 哇哦 太棒了 |
[02:36] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[02:38] | I am rarely speechless, but I am speechless. | 我很少激动到无言 但我现在真的无话可说 |
[02:41] | – Thank you. Thank you both. – It’s not over yet. | -谢谢你们二位 -这事还没完 |
[02:43] | They’re going to drag this out in appeals, so… | 他们要提出上诉 所以… |
[02:46] | I thought it was going against us. | 我本以为判决会对我们不利 |
[02:47] | Sometimes fate smiles. | 有时命运也会眷顾我们的 |
[02:49] | Will, are you standing or sitting? | 威尔 你现在是坐着还是站着 |
[02:52] | Which one do you want me to be? | 你希望我怎样 |
[02:58] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑? |
[03:01] | You’re kidding. | 逗我呢吧 |
[03:04] | Do you know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[03:05] | That we can pay off our balloon payment. | 我们可以付清分期付款中的大额付款 |
[03:06] | And dodge the executioner for another quarter. | 又挺过了一个季度 |
[03:09] | If you get a settlement. | 你得先达成和解才行 |
[03:11] | Where’s Canning at? He’ll appeal. | 坎宁在哪 他会上诉的 |
[03:12] | For effect. $25 million should motivate him. | 做做样子罢了 2500万可不是小数字 |
[03:16] | Peter, you okay? | 彼得 你还好么 |
[03:20] | We have a problem with the house. | 房子的事我们有麻烦了 |
[03:22] | We? | 我们? |
[03:24] | Uh, Jackie. | 是杰姬 |
[03:25] | She paid ten percent in cash on the down payment. | 她用现金付了首付款的百分之十 |
[03:30] | Apparently, she was bidding against someone. | 显然她是在和某人竞价 |
[03:33] | Me. She was bidding against me. | 就是我 她在和我竞价 |
[03:37] | So I’m planning on going ahead with the purchase | 所以我打算继续付款购买 |
[03:40] | and then flipping the house in a few months. | 过几个月再卖掉 |
[03:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:45] | Are you moving in? | 你会搬进去吗 |
[03:47] | Just temporarily. | 只是暂时的 |
[03:48] | I think I could get more money for the house | 要是后院好好整整 |
[03:49] | if I did some work in the backyard. | 或许卖出时还能小赚一点 |
[03:52] | Why are you telling me this, Peter? | 你为什么要跟我说这个 彼得 |
[03:54] | Look, I don’t want you to worry about these… | 听着 我不希望你忧心我这些… |
[03:58] | decisions. | 决定 |
[03:59] | This is all temporary. | 这都只是暂时的 |
[04:00] | I’m not trying to… | 我并不是想要 |
[04:02] | Colonize our past? | 垄断我们的过去? |
[04:05] | Well, I don’t think I’d exactly put it that way, | 我想我大概不会这样措辞 |
[04:07] | but yes, I don’t want these decisions to be misunderstood. | 不过你说得对 我不希望你误解我这些决定 |
[04:11] | Okay. I won’t. | 好的 我不会 |
[04:14] | So… we’re making this work, right? | 那么 我们就在此事上携手努力吧? |
[04:18] | Oddly, yes, we are. | 虽然奇怪 但是的 |
[04:24] | I heard Cary is back with you guys. | 我听说凯里回你们律所了 |
[04:25] | Yes, starts today. | 对 他今天入职 |
[04:28] | He’s a good guy. | 他是个好小伙子 |
[04:30] | Wish him luck. | 愿他好运 |
[04:32] | So, we’ll need you out here until we get an office cleared out, | 在收拾出办公室前 只能委屈你在这了 |
[04:35] | if you’re all right with that. | 希望你不要介意 |
[04:36] | I am. | 不介意 |
[04:37] | Good. It’ll just be a few weeks. | 好 忍几周就好 |
[04:47] | Welcome back, Cary. | 欢迎回来 凯里 |
[05:23] | Yeah? | 你好 |
[05:25] | Um, is this F&E Construction? | 请问是F&E建设吗 |
[05:29] | Hello? | 你好 |
[05:31] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[05:33] | Uh, I’m a lawyer following up on a un-cashed check | 我是律师 想询问一张未兑现支票 |
[05:37] | from F&E Construction. | 是F&E建设开出的 |
[05:39] | Unfortunately, we’ll need you to reissue the check. | 很不幸 这张支票得重开了 |
[05:44] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[05:47] | Um… is this F&E Construction? | 请问是F&E建设吗 |
[05:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:51] | I don’t recognize your voice. | 我没认出你的声音 |
[05:53] | I’m a lawyer representing… | 我是…某人的 |
[05:56] | someone… | 律师 |
[05:58] | uh, who has an un-cashed check from F&E Construction, | 我的委托人有张F&E建设开出的未兑现支票 |
[06:01] | and she can’t access her funds, | 她现在无法兑换现金 |
[06:03] | unless you reissue, so… | 除非你们重开支票 所以… |
[06:06] | Who’s the check make out to? | 这支票是开给谁的 |
[06:07] | Cash. | 现金 |
[06:13] | Where are you calling from, lady? | 你在哪打的电话呢 女士 |
[06:16] | Can you just reissue the check, sir? | 你能重开支票吗 先生 |
[06:18] | Sure. Give me a check number. | 可以 给我支票号码 |
[06:25] | You know what, um, I’ll call you back with that information. | 呃…我一会打过来给你相关信息 |
[06:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:33] | Oh, hey, Cary. | 嘿 凯里 |
[06:34] | – How are you doing? – Good. | -你还好吗 -很好 |
[06:37] | You seem to be, too. | 你看起来也不错 |
[06:38] | Oh, it’s just from being liaison to Eli Gold. | 我只是在这里帮伊莱·戈德做联系人 |
[06:42] | As soon as he’s back on the campaign trail, | 只要他开始竞选游说 |
[06:44] | I’ll be out there with everyone else. Where are you? | 我就出去和大家一起了 你办公室在哪 |
[06:46] | I’m out there with everyone else. | 在外面和大家一起 |
[06:48] | Well, then you’ll have company. | 那你会有伴了 |
[06:50] | Canning. Oh, Cary. | 坎宁来了 哦 凯里 |
[06:53] | – Good to have you back. – Thank you. | -欢迎你回来 -谢谢 |
[06:54] | The Veriscene case– we’re in the middle of negotiations. | 维洛欣的案子 我们要谈判了 |
[06:56] | Yeah, go for it. I know my way around. | 明白 去吧 我能找到路 |
[06:59] | We’re not committing to an offer yet, | 我们还没定出具体价格 |
[07:00] | but if you have a number, we’ll listen. | 但若你们要开价 我们愿意听听 |
[07:04] | Mr. Canning, are you with us? | 坎宁先生 你在听吗 |
[07:07] | Oh, I’m sorry, I was just texting my lawyer. | 抱歉 我在给我的律师发信息 |
[07:10] | It’s funny, isn’t it, lawyers having lawyers? | 很有意思吧 律师的律师 |
[07:12] | And my lawyer probably has a lawyer, too. | 而我的律师可能还有个律师 |
[07:14] | We should all be getting progressively smaller, like matryoshka dolls. | 我们或许就像俄罗斯套娃那样一个比一个小 |
[07:18] | Yes. So are we negotiating, or what are we doing? | 没错 我们要谈判吗 还是怎样 |
[07:21] | No, we’re negotiating. | 我们要谈判 |
[07:22] | I-I think I have an offer for you. | 我…我想我可以开个价 |
[07:25] | A one-time offer. | 但仅本次有效 |
[07:29] | Zero? Really? | 零 真的吗 |
[07:31] | you have five minutes to decide whether to take it. | 你们有5分钟时间决定是否接受 |
[07:35] | I see. And if we don’t, | 明白了 但若我们不接受 |
[07:36] | you have a bomb or something? | 你会拿出个炸弹之类的吗 |
[07:38] | Sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[07:40] | Hi. We’re all here. Where are you? | 我们都到了 你在哪 |
[07:42] | Just changing. I’ll be right in. | 换衣服 马上就到 |
[07:44] | The rashs back, Michael. | 疹子复发了 迈克尔 |
[07:46] | I know. I’m trying the ointment three times a day. | 知道 我每天会用三次药膏 |
[07:48] | You have to stop eating so much spicy food. | 你不能再吃那么多辛辣食物了 |
[07:50] | Yes. No more Thai food for you. | 没错 不能再吃泰国菜了 |
[07:53] | Oh, please, it’s just poop. | 拜托 只是大便而已 |
[07:55] | You shovel the stuff all day, buddy. | 你每天都在帮人处理这东西 兄弟 |
[07:58] | Oh, God. | 哦 天呐 |
[07:59] | Patti Nyholm. | 帕蒂·尼霍姆 |
[08:01] | – Well, look at you. – And you. | -看看你吧 -看看你 |
[08:03] | Poster child for Motherhood Today. | 突然要做模范妈妈了 |
[08:05] | You have no changing tables in the restroom, Will. | 你的休息室里没有换洗台 威尔 |
[08:07] | It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen. | 这会招来诉讼的 |
[08:09] | Yep, doing our part to suppress the birth rate. | 对 而我不过是在为抑制出生率做贡献 |
[08:12] | So, I need some legal advice on my contract. | 我需要在婚约上咨询些法律意见 |
[08:15] | Oh, my God, wait. | 哦天呐 稍等 |
[08:17] | You can’t practice law anymore. | 你不能执业了 |
[08:19] | What was I thinking? | 我是在想什么啊 |
[08:22] | No, thank you. | 不要了 谢谢 |
[08:23] | I’ll be right out, Michael. | 我马上有事 迈克尔 |
[08:24] | This’ll take a few minutes. | 需要几分钟 |
[08:26] | That must be reall hard on you, Will, | 你的日子肯定很艰难 威尔 |
[08:28] | just sitting around watching all these lawyers | 只能坐着看那些律师们工作 |
[08:31] | while you’re, what, surfing the Web? | 而你…干什么 在网上度日如年 |
[08:33] | Clipping coupons? | 还是剪优惠券消磨时间 |
[08:34] | What’s up, Patti? | 怎么了 帕蒂 |
[08:35] | – A lawsuit. – Really? Which one? | -诉讼的事 -是吗 哪件 |
[08:38] | A new one. It’ll be great being on opposite sides again, | 新的 再次和你交手感觉真好 |
[08:41] | dusting it up… | 把你们打个落花流水 |
[08:42] | Oh, wait. Darn it. | 哦 等等 真讨厌 |
[08:44] | You’re not a lawyer anymore. | 你都不是律师了 |
[08:47] | I keep forgetting. | 我老是忘了 |
[08:49] | So sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[08:51] | Here’s my lawyer now. | 我的律师来了 |
[08:53] | Ms. Nyholm, I believe you know everybody. | 尼霍姆夫人 相信你都认识 |
[08:55] | I think I do. Hello. | 确实认识 大家好 |
[08:57] | – How are your negotiations going? – Well, I don’t know, | -谈判进行的如何了 -不知道 |
[08:59] | I gave them five minutes to agree to my settlement offer, | 我给了他们5分钟时间来考虑接受我的条件 |
[09:00] | and that time is up… now. | 现在 时间到了 |
[09:03] | We’re suing you. | 我们要起诉你们 |
[09:04] | On behalf of LOC Pharmaceuticals, makers of Veriscene and Elvatyl. | 代表维洛欣和艾哇泰的制造商LOC药业 |
[09:08] | And their insurer, LifeState. | 以及他们的保险公司 生命保险 |
[09:09] | We joined forces to sue you for $50 million | 我们联合向你们索赔5千万美金 |
[09:13] | for fraud and malicious prosecution. | 理由是欺诈与恶意控告 |
[09:15] | Come on, this is harassment. | 得了吧 你这是骚扰 |
[09:17] | Is that you legal opinion, Will? | 这是你的法律意见吗 威尔 |
[09:18] | No, it’s mine. | 不 是我的意见 |
[09:19] | Your company doesn’t like being sued, | 要是你们公司不喜欢被人告 |
[09:21] | try making products that don’t kill and maim people. | 就别生产对人致残致死的药 |
[09:23] | Here’s a better idea– | 我有个更好的主意 |
[09:24] | stop intentionally and wrongfully instituting legal proceedings | 别再故意恶意地起诉 |
[09:28] | you know are without merit. | 你明知没有法律依据 |
[09:29] | We were just awarded $25 million, | 我们刚被判获赔2500万 |
[09:31] | I’d call that merit. | 这就是法律依据 |
[09:32] | No. I would call that judicial bbery. | 不 这是司法贿赂 |
[09:36] | Oops. | 糟了 |
[09:37] | Is that a sensitive topic? | 这算是敏感话题吗 |
[09:39] | This case was built for a jury. | 这案子本该由陪审团审理 |
[09:40] | You requested a bench trial. | 你却请求法官直接审理 |
[09:42] | It’s a million-dollar case, | 你们的诉讼请求才1000万不到 |
[09:43] | and your basketball buddy awarded you $25 million. | 而你的球友却判给你们2500百万 |
[09:47] | – I was cleared by a grand jury. – No. | -大陪审团已还我清白 -不 |
[09:49] | You weren’t indicted by a grand jury. | 大陪审团是决定不起诉你 |
[09:51] | You gamed the system; I know you, Will. | 你玩弄司法制度 我了解你 威尔 |
[09:54] | – You can’t do that with me. – Or with me. | -你对我来这套没用 -对我也是 |
[09:57] | That’s right. We’re the dream team. | 没错 我们是梦幻组合 |
[10:19] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[10:22] | Mr. Gold? | 戈德先生 |
[10:24] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:26] | Peter said you were here. | 彼得说你进医院了 |
[10:28] | Shouldn’t you be in synague? | 你不是应该在犹太会堂吗 |
[10:32] | Uh… no. | 不是 |
[10:34] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[10:35] | – Better. – Good. | -好多了 -那就好 |
[10:37] | Then I won’t feel bad about saying this. | 那我说这话就不内疚了 |
[10:42] | Your son is going to lose. | 你儿子要输了 |
[10:44] | Without Alicia, he will lose the governorship. | 没有艾丽西娅 他会输掉州长竞选 |
[10:47] | Uh, I-I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[10:49] | She was on our side,Jackie. | 她是我们这边的人 杰姬 |
[10:51] | Alicia was offering to help Peter, then you got involved. | 艾丽西娅本来在帮助彼得 结果被你搅和了 |
[10:53] | How did I get involved? | 我怎么搅和了 |
[10:55] | This friggin’ house! | 就那要命的房子 |
[10:56] | My God, I’ve never heard | 天 我这辈子 |
[10:58] | so much real estate talk in all my life. | 都没听人扯过那么多房地产的事 |
[11:00] | If their separation goes wide, everything collapses. | 如果他们分居的事传了出去 就什么都毁了 |
[11:03] | Eli, what do you want? | 伊莱 你想怎么样 |
[11:08] | I want you to apologize to her. | 我要你向她道歉 |
[11:10] | Your son will not win without Alicia, | 没有艾丽西娅的帮助你儿子赢不了 |
[11:13] | and I will not manage this campain without her. | 没有她这次竞选我也应付不来 |
[11:16] | So say, “I’m sorry” even if you don’t believe it. | 去说对不起 哪怕你违心的 |
[11:23] | I dreamt I died. | 我曾梦到自己死了 |
[11:25] | Everybody just did what they always did. | 人们还是像往常一样 |
[11:29] | They didn’t care. | 他们都不在乎 |
[11:31] | Um, do you want me to get you a nurse or some. | 要我帮你叫个护士什么的吗 |
[11:34] | Are you religious? | 你信教吗 |
[11:35] | Am I, um… I… | 我吗 我 |
[11:37] | I thought Jews believed in God. | 我以为犹太人都信上帝 |
[11:40] | Yes, we all do; Every one of us. | 是的 我们都信上帝 每个人都信 |
[11:41] | I don’t want to die. | 我不想死 |
[11:42] | I’ll get you a nurse. | 我帮你叫护士 |
[11:43] | I don’t want to die. | 我不想死 |
[11:47] | It’s a scare tactic. | 这是恐慌战术 |
[11:49] | Look at Ketter Sum Holdings. | 看看柯特股份 |
[11:50] | They sued the lawyers bringing class actions | 他们为了吓跑那些针对他们的人工膝盖 |
[11:52] | against their artificial knees in order to scare them off. | 提起集团诉讼的律师 就起诉他们 |
[11:55] | There might be more. | 可能不止如此 |
[11:56] | I think Patti is using this suit to fact-find. | 我认为帕蒂是利用这次诉讼进行调查 |
[11:58] | – For an appeal? – Yes. | -为了上诉吗 -是的 |
[11:59] | Look who they’re deposing. | 你看他们都找谁来取证 |
[12:01] | Kalinda, me. | 凯琳达 我 |
[12:02] | Patti doesn’t have enough, | 帕蒂的上诉理由不足 |
[12:03] | so she’s using this suit t | 所以她想利用这次诉讼 |
[12:06] | o find out if we did anything wrong. | 调查我们是否有不当行为 |
[12:08] | I wish I could agree, but if the law taught me anything, | 我不能同意 如果说法律教会了我什么 |
[12:10] | it’s that never, ever trust a man with a limp. | 那就是绝不能轻信一个瘸子 |
[12:14] | Look, if they want to find out more about our tactics, | 如果他们想进一步打探我们的战术 |
[12:17] | we turn it back on them. | 我们就以其人之道还治其人之身 |
[12:19] | Right, every time they ask a question, ask for more detail. | 没错 对他们提的每个问题都要求说明细节 |
[12:22] | What did you mean by that? Can you explain? | 你这是指什么 能解释一下吗 |
[12:24] | Good. Anything else? | 好的 还有别的意见吗 |
[12:29] | – Sorry. – Okay, | -对不起 -好 |
[12:30] | I will sit in with Will; who do we have for Kalinda? | 我做威尔的律师 谁来代理凯琳达 |
[12:32] | Most of our litigators were in on this. | 我们的大部分诉讼律师都参与了这件案子 |
[12:34] | So, they’re all subject to being called. | 所以他们都有可能被传唤 |
[12:37] | All but one. | 有一个例外 |
[12:40] | Miss Sharma, have you ever misrepresented your occupation | 夏尔马小姐 你是否曾为了访问一位证人 |
[12:43] | in order to interview a witness? | 而采取过不当行为 |
[12:45] | Could you be me specific? | 你能说得更明确些吗 |
[12:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:50] | Have you ever misrepresented your occupation | 你是否曾为了访问一位证人 |
[12:52] | in order to interview a witness, | 而采取过不当行为 |
[12:54] | as you did with my wife | 就像你对我妻子所做的那样 |
[12:55] | to get into my house? | 进我们家那样 |
[12:57] | Objection, what does that have to do with the Veriscene case? | 反对 这跟维洛欣案有什么关系 |
[12:59] | Well, Miss Sharma claims | 夏尔马小姐声称 |
[13:00] | she’s never broken the law in pursuit of a case. | 她从未因为查案违背法律 |
[13:02] | I have firsthand knowledge of such law-breaking. | 我这边有她违法的第一手资料 |
[13:05] | So, Miss Sharma, can you please answer the question? | 夏尔马小姐 请回答问题好吗 |
[13:10] | Could you repeat the question? | 能重复一下你的问题吗 |
[13:12] | Sure. Were you Kalinda Sharma’s direct supervisor? | 你是凯琳达·夏尔马的直接上级吗 |
[13:15] | We don’t have direct supervisors here. | 我们这没这么一说 |
[13:17] | Did you tell her to investigate on the Veriscene case? | 你让她去调查维洛欣案了吗 |
[13:19] | In what way, “Investigate”? | 哪种调查 |
[13:23] | Okay, Will. | 行啊 威尔 |
[13:24] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[13:26] | We can do this all day. | 咱们能这么耗上一天 |
[13:27] | You obfuscate, | 你装糊涂 |
[13:28] | I pull the judge out of court, | 我去找法官 |
[13:30] | he raps you on the knuckles for being unresponsive, | 让他来狠批你这不合作的态度 |
[13:32] | and all you’ve done is waste half a day. | 你无非也就是浪费半天时间罢了 |
[13:34] | I take exception to your suggestion | 我反对你说的 |
[13:36] | that we’re wasting anything. | 我们在浪费时间 |
[13:37] | But remember, | 不过要知道 |
[13:38] | I’m not the one with a balloon payment due on his office. | 某些人的办公楼的期末付款可要到期了 |
[13:46] | Was that the elephant in the room? | 这不是显而易见的么 |
[13:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:58] | You were gonna get back to me. | 不是说要打给我的吗 |
[13:59] | I… Who is this? | 你是哪位 |
[14:02] | F&E Construction. | F&E建设 |
[14:04] | You wanted me to reissue check. | 你想让我重新签发一张支票 |
[14:06] | Yes, I did. I said I’d get back to you, though. | 是 没错 但我是说给你打过来 |
[14:10] | I know, but you didn’t. | 但你没打过来 |
[14:13] | So I decided to call you. | 所以我决定打给你 |
[14:16] | Okay, um, let me get all my ducks in a row, sir, | 这样 让我把事情理一理 先生 |
[14:19] | and I’ll get back to you. | 我再打给你 |
[14:21] | Sir? | 先生 |
[14:23] | No, you won’t. | 不 你不会的 |
[14:25] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[14:27] | You won’t call me back. | 你不会打给我的 |
[14:29] | You have no intention of calling me back. | 你根本没打算打给我 |
[14:32] | I said I would, and so I… | 我说了会的 |
[14:35] | Actually, um | 事实上 |
[14:37] | I think we’re done here. | 我看我们没啥好说的了 |
[14:39] | No, we’re not. | 不 还没完呢 |
[14:44] | Could you be more specific? | 你能更具体一点吗 |
[14:46] | Did you introduce judges | 在你的周三篮球夜 |
[14:48] | to bookies at your Wednesday night basketball… | 你有介绍法官和庄家认识吗 |
[14:50] | Objection, relevance. | 反对 没有关系 |
[14:52] | Isn’t Judge Wynter relevant? | 温特法官难道和本案无关吗 |
[14:54] | The man who awarded you $25 million? | 判了你们2500万美元的法官 |
[14:56] | Isn’t he one of the judges you introduce to bookies? | 他不正是你介绍给庄家的法官之一吗 |
[14:58] | – Objection. – And weren’t you confronted | -反对 -大陪审团不是 |
[15:00] | about this at the grand jury? | 也问过你这些问题吗 |
[15:01] | Excuse me, Ms. Nyholm, | 等等 尼霍姆小姐 |
[15:03] | you have reference proceedings | 你刚才引用的程序 |
[15:04] | that resulted in a sealed transcript. | 其文字记录应当是保密的 |
[15:06] | Yes, but Mr. Gardner can answer | 是的 但是加德纳先生对自己的证词 |
[15:08] | to his own testimony. | 应该可以做出回答 |
[15:09] | This question requires your knowledge | 你问这问题需要先对 |
[15:11] | of the grand jury investigation. | 大陪审团调查有所了解 |
[15:12] | No, it merely requires Mr. Gardner’s knowledge | 不 只要加德纳先生对大陪审团 |
[15:14] | of the grand jury investigation. | 调查有了解就行了 |
[15:16] | All right, we’re taking this to the judge. | 行了 我们去找法官吧 |
[15:21] | Okay, okay, okay. | 行了 听我说 |
[15:23] | You are all new to me, | 我对你们都不熟悉 |
[15:25] | so my apologies if I need to be reminded of your names, | 所以可能需要你们自报一下名字 |
[15:28] | – but Ms. – Lockhart. – You are arguing | -这位 -洛克哈特 -小姐 你辩称 |
[15:30] | the only way these questions could be asked | 唯一能问出这些问题的方式 |
[15:33] | is if they were taken from sealed transcripts? | 是从保密的记录中获取了资料 |
[15:36] | Yes, Your Honor, | 是的 法官阁下 |
[15:37] | someone is leaking them grand jury testimony, | 有人泄露了大陪审团的证词 |
[15:39] | and we would argue this line of questioning | 我们认为不应当许可 |
[15:41] | should be stricken. | 这种询问方式 |
[15:46] | If I may interject, Your Honor, | 冒昧打断一下 法官阁下 |
[15:48] | we’re merely asking questions | 我们只是基于所知 |
[15:50] | based on our own knowledge. | 正常问问题 |
[15:51] | And if you can allow me an explanation, | 我还想解释一下 |
[15:53] | the movements that you see, | 我这些小动作 |
[15:55] | uh, these random movements | 这些无意的动作 |
[15:56] | they’re the consequence of a neurological disorder | 是一种神经障碍导致的 |
[15:58] | I suffer from called tardive dyskinesia. | 叫迟发性运动障碍 |
[16:02] | And I just didn’t want you to misinterpret any of movements. | 我不想您对这个有所误解 |
[16:06] | Okay, I won’t. | 好 我不会的 |
[16:09] | I’ve had this condition since childhood. | 小时候我就有这个障碍了 |
[16:10] | Are you going somewhere with this, Mr. Canning? | 坎宁先生 你说这些想表达什么吗 |
[16:12] | – No, I just wanted to explain. – Okay, thanks. | -不是 我就是解释一下 -谢谢 |
[16:15] | I will allow these questions to proceed. | 我允许继续询问这些问题 |
[16:17] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[16:18] | But if you produce evidence these questions are based | 但是你们要是能证明这些问题 |
[16:21] | on sealed grand jury evidence, | 是基于保密的大陪审团证据提出 |
[16:23] | I will exclude all such testimony from this suit. | 我会在本诉中排除此种证词 |
[16:26] | We need to get Kalinda to follow Patti and find out | 我们得让凯琳达跟着帕蒂 找出 |
[16:28] | – who’s leaking this grand jury testimony. – No. | -泄露大陪审团证词的人 -不行 |
[16:32] | We need to talk settlement. | 我们得和解 |
[16:35] | Will, we’re vulnerable. | 威尔 我们现在很脆弱 |
[16:39] | No, we’re not. | 没那回事 |
[16:41] | There’s nothing there. | 没什么实质证据 |
[16:42] | But what is there doesn’t look good. | 但是已有的证据很不利 |
[16:44] | You played basketball with him, | 你确实和他打篮球了 |
[16:46] | you introduced him to a bookie, and he awarded us | 你介绍他和庄家认识 他判给我们 |
[16:49] | seven million above our ask. | 比我们提出的还多七百万 |
[16:53] | Here’s what I suggest. | 我的建议是 |
[16:54] | We offer to drop the Veriscene class action. | 放弃对维洛欣的集体诉讼 |
[16:57] | It’s what they want, anyway. | 反正这正是他们想要的 |
[17:01] | – Damn it. – I know, but it’s the smart move. | -该死 -我明白 但这是明智之举 |
[17:03] | We need get this behind us. | 我们要结束此案 |
[17:05] | This balloon payment, our clients… | 最后那笔付款 我们的客户 |
[17:08] | Patric Edelstein is making noise. | 帕特里克·艾德斯坦颇有怨言 |
[17:10] | I mean, he’s 20% of our quarter. | 他占了本季收入的20% |
[17:13] | Everything’s falling apart as we fight this. | 打这个官司让我们捉襟见肘 |
[17:17] | Uh, do you want me… | 需要我回避吗 |
[17:18] | No, it’s all right, we’ve just been… | 不用 没事 只是这一整年… |
[17:20] | riding close to the edge this whole year. | 我们的形势一直很严峻 |
[17:22] | It’s not for anyone to know. | 不需要让其他人知道 |
[17:24] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[17:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:30] | Let’s make this go away. | 尽快了结此案 |
[17:35] | They brought out the buffet. | 这么丰盛的招待 |
[17:36] | This must be serious. | 肯定很重要 |
[17:39] | You drop the lawsuit, | 你们放弃上诉 |
[17:41] | and we drop the Veriscene class action. | 我们就放弃维洛欣集体诉讼案 |
[17:42] | That’s our offer; take it or leave it. | 这是我们的底线 接不接受随你们 |
[17:46] | – Fruit? – Please. | -要水果吗 -谢谢 |
[17:51] | No. But thank you. | 不接受 不过谢了 |
[17:53] | – Don’t you want to take back to your client? – No. | -不用问问你们当事人吗 -不用 |
[17:55] | – We’re not caving on the appeal. – We know. | -我们可不会束手就擒 -我们知道 |
[17:56] | You have no case. Not without some grand jury leak. | 你们无案可立 除非用大陪审团泄漏的信息 |
[17:59] | You don’t understand. | 你们不明白 |
[18:00] | This isn’t about a case. | 这不是为了某个案子 |
[18:02] | You-you want to tell them? | 你来告诉他们 |
[18:03] | No, no. | 不 不了 |
[18:05] | You’re much better at the nasty stuff. | 打击人的事还是你更拿手 |
[18:07] | We’re not here to settle. | 我们可不是来和解的 |
[18:09] | We’re here to destroy you. | 而是来打垮你们 |
[18:12] | Our clients are tired of being sued by you. | 我们当事人受够了被你们起诉的日子 |
[18:14] | Four class actions in two years? | 两年内四起集体诉讼 |
[18:16] | They’ve taken it personally. | 他们被惹怒了 |
[18:18] | Look at you. Hi, boo-boo. | 瞧瞧你 小嘟嘟 |
[18:21] | They’ve set aside a large sum of money to put you out of business. | 他们设了一大笔悬赏 让你们破产走人 |
[18:24] | That’s why we’re here, to make an example of you. | 所以我们过来给你们个下马威 |
[18:25] | You’ve seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. | 都看过《虎豹小霸王》吧 |
[18:25] | 经典西部片 主角为两个传奇大盗 超级追捕队是一批警察精英 对二人穷追不舍 | |
[18:28] | We’re the Super-posse. | 我们就是超级追捕队 |
[18:29] | So, thank you for the offer, | 谢谢你们给出的条件 |
[18:31] | but no. | 不过不接受 |
[18:32] | We’re getting paid a lot of money to make you go bankrupt. | 有人付我们大把钞票来让你们破产 |
[18:35] | Thank you for the fruit, though. | 但谢谢提供美味的水果 |
[19:28] | Hi. That’s pretty. | 画得真好看 |
[19:54] | Well, Kalinda, funny seeing you here. | 凯琳达 真意外在这看到你 |
[19:55] | Yeah, almost as funny as seeing you here, | 看见你在这里也一样意外 |
[19:58] | with Ms. Nyholm, leaking grand jury testimony. | 把大陪审团案中的证词透露给尼霍姆小姐 |
[20:01] | Mr. Wiley is legally sharing | 怀利先生是合法地告诉我 |
[20:03] | his own testimony before the grand jury. | 大陪审团开始前 他自己的证词 |
[20:06] | – Really? – Yeah, the state’s attorney | -真的吗 -当然 州检察官 |
[20:07] | wasn’t interested in pursuing the case against Will Gardner. | 对威尔·加德纳的案子不想再深究 |
[20:10] | Ms. Nyholm is. | 尼霍姆小姐有此意向 |
[20:11] | And our kids love playing together. | 而我们的孩子非常玩得来 |
[20:13] | So it’s all perfectly legal. | 一切都完全合法 |
[20:21] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[20:23] | Cary, we’re having some trouble with Andrew Wiley, | 凯里 我们碰到了安德鲁·怀利的问题 |
[20:26] | an investigator from the state’s attorney’s office. | 他是州检察官办公室的调查员 |
[20:28] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[20:29] | He’s the one working with Nyholm and Canning. | 就是他在帮尼霍姆和坎宁 |
[20:32] | I doubt that. | 这我不相信 |
[20:34] | Wiley doesn’t break the rules. | 怀利不会违反规定 |
[20:37] | Unless he’s using his own testimony. | 除非他是在用他自己的证词 |
[20:39] | Yep. So we need something from you. | 是的 我们需要你的帮助 |
[20:41] | Well, you know that I can’t share what I know about the grand jury | 你知道我不能透露大陪审团的事 |
[20:44] | because that would be unethical. | 那是违背职业道德的 |
[20:46] | Yes, but you can use your knowledge in another way. | 是 但你可以用另一种方式来帮我们 |
[20:54] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[20:56] | It means so much to me. | 对我来说意义很大 |
[20:57] | I didn’t come here to visit, Jackie. | 我不是来看你的 杰姬 |
[21:00] | I came to recommend that you retain a lawyer. | 我来是建议你找个律师 |
[21:03] | You… Why? | 你…为什么 |
[21:05] | You took money from my children’s trust | 你从孩子们的信托基金里拿钱 |
[21:07] | so that you could outbid me | 这样在房屋拍卖中 |
[21:08] | on my family home. | 你就能出价高过我 |
[21:10] | I intend to sue you. | 我准备起诉你 |
[21:15] | I’m sorry, Alicia. | 对不起 艾丽西娅 |
[21:17] | This family’s been through so much, and I… | 这个家经受了如此多的波折 而我… |
[21:20] | I thought I knew best. | 我以为我做得对 |
[21:23] | I’m so sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[21:26] | Jackie, please. | 杰姬 拜托 |
[21:28] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[21:29] | I want you to accept my apology. | 我希望你接受我的道歉 |
[21:31] | – No, you don’t. – I want to make things right. | -不 你没有 -我想让事情恢复原样 |
[21:34] | It’ll be good for Zach and Grace and… and Peter. | 那样对扎克和格蕾丝还有…彼得都好 |
[21:42] | You want Peter to win. | 你想让彼得赢得竞选 |
[21:44] | That’s what you want. | 这才是你想要的 |
[21:46] | Eli was here, wasn’t he? | 伊莱来过 不是吗 |
[21:48] | I-I-I don’t know. | 我…我不知道 |
[21:50] | I… | 我… |
[21:58] | He… | 他… |
[22:01] | He can’t do it without you. | 没有你 他无法成功 |
[22:07] | Here’s what I want, Jackie. | 杰姬 我的条件是 |
[22:09] | You sign the house over to the kids, | 你把房子给孩子们 |
[22:12] | you put it in their names, I won’t sue. | 转到他们名下 我就不起诉 |
[22:23] | You want me to accept your apology, show me you mean it. | 你想让我接受你的道歉 就拿出诚意 |
[22:26] | Sign the house over to the kids. | 把房子转到孩子们名下 |
[22:34] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[22:35] | Watch your toes. | 小心脚边 |
[22:37] | Everyone, please, indoor voices. | 各位 请放低声量 |
[22:40] | Your Honor, like you, | 法官阁下 和你一样 |
[22:41] | I look at life a little differently– | 我对生活的看法也有点独特 |
[22:42] | with a little more caution, | 较为小心翼翼 |
[22:43] | – a little more quiet. – Why like me? | -较为平静 -为什么和我一样 |
[22:45] | I’m sorry, I… | 对不起 我 |
[22:47] | You said “Like me.” What do you mean? | 你说”和我一样” 什么意思 |
[22:48] | What we mean, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 我们指的是 |
[22:49] | is that the defense’s motion is a desperate ploy | 辩方提出的动议是为了逃避责任 |
[22:52] | to avoid responsibility. | 而做出的最后挣扎 |
[22:53] | Mr. Canning asked Ms. Sharma one question | 坎宁先生问了夏尔马小姐一个问题 |
[22:55] | that couldn’t have been in Mr. Wiley’s grand jury testimony, | 其内容不可能在怀利先生的大陪审团证词中 |
[22:58] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[22:58] | The $2,000 in cash Mr. Gardner gave to a judge– | 加德纳先生给法官的两千块 |
[23:02] | money that was supposedly for UNICEF. | 据称是捐给联合国儿童基金会 |
[23:03] | Was for UNICEF. | 的确是捐款 |
[23:04] | This was evidence that Mr.Wiley | 这个证据是怀利先生 |
[23:05] | personally witnessed, Your Honor. | 亲自目睹的 法官阁下 |
[23:07] | Yes, but the question isn’t whether he personally witnessed it or not. | 是的 但问题不在于是不是他亲眼目睹 |
[23:10] | Andrew, did you testify to it or did you witness it? | 安德鲁 那是你的证词还是你目睹的事实 |
[23:13] | Wait a minute, you can’t talk to our client. | 慢着 你不能跟我们的客户交谈 |
[23:15] | Andrew, which one did you do? | 安德鲁 你做的是哪一种 |
[23:17] | – Oh, my God. – Andrew, no, stop right there! | -天哪 -安德鲁 停 打住 |
[23:18] | He’s right, I just witnessed it. | 他说得没错 我只是目击者 |
[23:21] | Due to this admission, Your Honor, | 鉴于此项供认 法官阁下 |
[23:22] | all the evidence regarding Mr. Gardner’s | 所有关于加德纳先生 |
[23:24] | bribing of a judge should be excluded. | 贿赂法官的证据都应该被排除 |
[23:26] | Your Honor, I’d like to add another name to our witness list: | 法官阁下 我想增加一个证人 |
[23:28] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[23:34] | I have to witness prep you. | 我必须给你进行证人预演 |
[23:36] | They’re coming after you, | 他们的目标是你 |
[23:37] | trying to get to Will bribing judges another way. | 打算另辟蹊径 来攻击威尔贿赂法官的事 |
[23:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:45] | F&E Construction. | F&E建设 |
[23:49] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[23:53] | Why? | 为什么这样问 |
[23:54] | I found a check in your file from Canada. | 我在你的加拿大资料中找到了一张支票 |
[23:57] | An un-cashed check from 2007. | 一张从2007年至今仍未兑现的支票 |
[24:00] | Yeah. That-that shouldn’t be there. | 它 它不应该出现在那里 |
[24:02] | That should be in my personal file. | 它应该在我的私人档案里 |
[24:03] | It’s for $21,000. | 金额有两万一千 |
[24:04] | That would go a long way to pay your tax bill. | 这对交清你的罚款很有帮助 |
[24:06] | I know. Do you have the check? | 我知道 你手上还拿着支票吗 |
[24:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:12] | It’s-it’s complicated. | 这 这事很复杂 |
[24:14] | I called the number on it. | 我打了公司的电话 |
[24:19] | As part of your tax work, | 这涉及到了你的税务案 |
[24:20] | I called employers for updated checks. | 我打给他们 让他们重开支票 |
[24:24] | When? | 什么时候 |
[24:25] | When did I call? Tuesday. | 什么时候打的电话吗 周二 |
[24:27] | Did you speak to anyone? | 你跟谁说话了吗 |
[24:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[24:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:33] | He wouldn’t give me his name. | 他不肯告诉我他的名字 |
[24:34] | He asked for the number on your check. | 他问我要支票上的号码 |
[24:36] | Did you give it? | 你有没有给他 |
[24:38] | No. | 没有 |
[24:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:44] | He called me back. | 他之后又给我来电 |
[24:50] | What’s going on, Kalinda? | 发生什么事 凯琳达 |
[24:52] | It’s just something from an old thing. | 只是些旧事 |
[24:56] | “An old thing”? | 旧事 |
[24:57] | Is it Lemond Bishop? | 与莱蒙德·毕夏普有关吗 |
[24:58] | No. I’m gonna go and take care of it. | 无关 我会去把事情处理好的 |
[25:01] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[25:03] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[25:07] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[25:08] | I’ll be back. | 我会回来的 |
[25:10] | I’m-I’m gonna go take care of it. | 我 我会处理好这事 |
[25:43] | That might be too big for you. | 这个对你来说有点巨型了 |
[25:45] | I’ve got some lighter ones around the corner. | 拐角处有小一点的 |
[25:47] | No, this one’s fine. | 不用 这个刚好 |
[25:48] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[25:50] | You need anything else, let me know. | 如果你有其他需要 只管告诉我 |
[27:26] | And it’s not just the sink, the shower, too. | 不仅仅是水槽 浴室也出了问题 |
[27:28] | Okay, I’ll call down, but we’re probably on our own. | 好的 我会告诉房东 但可能没人管 |
[27:31] | They go out of their way not to fix things | 公寓分户出售时 他们才不会来修 |
[27:33] | when they are converting the condos, so it forces you to buy. | 变相的逼我们买下这间公寓 |
[27:35] | Are you gonna? | 你会吗 |
[27:38] | Buy? | 买下它吗 |
[27:39] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[27:41] | I like it here, but maybe there’s better. | 我喜欢这里 不过可能有更好的 |
[27:44] | Dad wants you to buy the house. | 爸爸想你买下那间房子 |
[27:46] | – He… – He told you | -他 -他跟你说了 |
[27:48] | he wanted to sell it, didn’t he? | 他想卖了它 不是吗 |
[27:50] | Would you? | 你会吗 |
[27:51] | Buy the house? No. | 买房子吗 不会 |
[27:54] | Why not? You were going to. | 为什么不 你之前不是想买吗 |
[27:55] | I know, but everything’s up in the air right now. | 我知道 只是现在一切都悬而未定 |
[27:57] | You got a raise. | 你获得加薪了 |
[27:58] | Yes. But sometimes getting a raise means | 没错 但有时加薪意味着你的雇佣成本 |
[28:01] | that you cost more; | 更高了 |
[28:02] | so when they’re looking to downsize, | 当他们想裁员的时候 |
[28:04] | it’s easier to fire you than someone cheaper. | 找高工资的人下手是最容易的 |
[28:05] | And they’re looking to downsize? | 他们打算裁员吗 |
[28:07] | No, but we’re just going through a bad spell. | 不是 可公司最近正在困难期 |
[28:10] | You should move in. | 你该搬过来 |
[28:11] | We should all live in one house. | 我们应该住在一起 |
[28:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:17] | Not like you guys are married. | 不是说你们非得像夫妻那样 |
[28:19] | Like a commune. | 而是舍友 |
[28:24] | I’ve kind of grown to like you. | 我觉得越来越像你了 |
[28:26] | Yeah? Not Zach? | 是吗 不是像扎克? |
[28:28] | No, not Zach. | 不 不像扎克 |
[28:29] | He’s getting too big. | 他越长越壮了 |
[28:34] | You shouldn’t answer it. | 别去接 |
[28:35] | It’s probay work. | 估计就是工作上的事 |
[28:36] | They can’t fire you if they can’t find you. | 他们找不到你就不能开除你了 |
[28:39] | Very funny. | 很搞笑 |
[28:46] | Hello? | 你好 |
[28:48] | Alicia Florrick? | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[28:52] | Is it work? | 是工作吗 |
[28:53] | No. Wrong number. | 不是 拨错号了 |
[29:03] | This is Kalinda. Please leave a message. | 我是凯琳达 请留言 |
[29:10] | You ready for this? | 你准备好了吗 |
[29:11] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[29:12] | Don’t worry, it’ll all be about me. | 不用担心 他们矛头是我 |
[29:13] | Just tell the truth. | 实话实说就行了 |
[29:16] | Have you seen Kalinda? | 你看见凯琳达了吗 |
[29:18] | No, why? | 没 怎么了 |
[29:19] | She’s not in today. | 今天没看见她 |
[29:20] | She’s probably just late. | 她可能只是迟到了 |
[29:22] | You were second chair | 你在维洛欣案时 |
[29:24] | on the Veriscene case, right, Mrs. Florrick? | 是次席律师 是吗 福瑞克太太 |
[29:27] | – Yes. – Did you have ex parte communication | -是的 -你在庭审期间是否曾和温特法官 |
[29:30] | with Judge Wynter during the trial? | 有过片面交流 |
[29:31] | – No. – And you have no personal relationship with Judge Wynter? | -没有 -而你跟温特法官也没有私交 |
[29:34] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[29:35] | But someone you know does? | 但是你认识的某人有过 |
[29:37] | You mean Will? | 你是指威尔 |
[29:39] | No. | 不是 |
[29:40] | I mean your husband. | 我是指你丈夫 |
[29:43] | Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[29:47] | I-I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[29:49] | You have no idea whether your husband | 你不知道你的老公 |
[29:50] | has a pernal relationship with Judge Wynter? | 跟温特法官是否有私交吗 |
[29:51] | I mean, I know that he knows him, | 我是说 我知道他认识法官 |
[29:54] | but I don’t know the extent of their relationship. | 但我不清楚他们交情有多深 |
[29:56] | Did you know that your husband | 那你是否知道你老公 |
[29:57] | met with Judge Wynter three times | 在维洛欣案裁决前一周 |
[29:59] | in the week leading up to the Veriscene verdict? | 和温特法官见过三次面 |
[30:03] | – No. – Really? | -不知道 -真的 |
[30:04] | On the eve of Judge Wynter’s decision | 就在温特法官决定 |
[30:06] | to award you $25 million, | 判给你们2500万美元前 |
[30:09] | your husband met with him three times, | 你丈夫和他见过三次面 |
[30:10] | – and you had no idea? – That’s correct. | -而你完全不知情 -是的 |
[30:12] | Are we working off the assumption they did, in fact, meet? | 我们能否不应主观假设他们见面了 |
[30:15] | How do we know this? | 我们如何确定 |
[30:16] | Because we’re going to subpoena Peter Florrick. | 因为我方要求传唤彼得·福瑞克作证 |
[30:20] | – You’re going to subpoena the state’s attorney? – We already have. | -你们要传唤州检察官吗 -已经传了 |
[30:30] | Hold the door, please. | 等一下 谢谢 |
[30:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:35] | No problem. 28th? | 没事 28楼 |
[30:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:57] | So, you seeing Alicia? | 你是来看艾丽西娅吗 |
[31:00] | Am I seeing Alicia? | 我是来看艾丽西娅吗 |
[31:02] | No, actually, I’m being deposed. | 事实上不 我是来作证的 |
[31:03] | Oh. Really? | 哦 真的 |
[31:05] | Although it occurred to me | 不过我也发现 |
[31:06] | I’ve never seen where Alicia works. | 我没来看过艾丽西娅工作的地方 |
[31:08] | Does she know you’re coming? | 她知道你来吗 |
[31:10] | Not that it matters either way. | 不是说这有什么要紧 |
[31:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:16] | So you must be looking forward to getting back to the law? | 你应该很期待重返法律界吧 |
[31:18] | I am. | 是的 |
[31:20] | I think convicts call it “Short time.” | 我想罪犯们管这叫做”短休” |
[31:23] | Really? | 真的 |
[31:24] | I never did. | 我从没这么想 |
[31:35] | Well, hi. | 嗨 |
[31:37] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[31:38] | Look who I found. | 瞧瞧我碰见谁了 |
[31:39] | Yes. Welcome. | 是啊 欢迎 |
[31:41] | I thought I would come and meet you. | 我还想过去找你 |
[31:43] | Which one? | 谁 |
[31:44] | You, Peter. | 你 彼得 |
[31:46] | Thought you might want to see my office. | 我想你可能会想看看我的办公室 |
[31:48] | Hello, Eli. | 你好 伊莱 |
[31:49] | I… | 我… |
[31:52] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[31:53] | H-llo, everyone. | 各位好 |
[31:55] | Hi. I was just showing Peter my office. | 我正要带彼得去看我的办公室 |
[31:58] | He’s here for a deposition. | 他是来作证的 |
[32:00] | Really? | 真的 |
[32:01] | Great. | 太好了 |
[32:04] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[32:05] | – Hey, Cary. – Hello. | -凯里 -你好 |
[32:06] | Mr. Florrick. How you doing? | 福瑞克先生 你好吗 |
[32:08] | – Hey, how you guys doing? -So how’s it going here? | -各位好 -在这里感觉如何 |
[32:10] | At Lockhart-Gardner? It’s good. | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所吗 这很好 |
[32:12] | I mean, I loved the state’s attorney’s office, | 我喜欢州检办公室 |
[32:14] | but there’s lot of smart people here, too. | 但这里也有很多值得学习的人 |
[32:20] | One of our new associates. | 我们一个新律师的孩子 |
[32:24] | Hey, Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[32:28] | It’s a surprise party for you. | 惊喜派对 |
[32:30] | I’m impressed. | 很让我惊讶 |
[32:34] | What you have done in three years is amazing. | 你这三年来取得的成绩非常惊人 |
[32:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:38] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:39] | I guess I should go meet my executioners. | 我得去见那些刽子手了 |
[32:42] | Oh, Peter, you didn’t have to do this. | 彼得 你不必这么做的 |
[32:43] | You could’ve blown it off. | 你本可以置之不理的 |
[32:45] | It’s a stupid nuisance suit. | 这只是个愚蠢的连带案 |
[32:46] | I wanted to get out and stretch my legs. | 我想出来走动一下 舒展身体 |
[32:48] | Hey. Come over tonight. | 晚上过来吧 |
[32:50] | – I’ll have to work. – Just to see the house. | -我得工作 -就过来看下房子 |
[32:52] | – Stay for five minutes, tops. – I wish I could. | -就呆五分钟 -我也希望可以 |
[32:55] | Peter? | 彼得 |
[32:57] | Have you checked in on Jackie lately? | 你最近有去探望杰姬吗 |
[32:59] | Have I? Yeah. Why? | 我有没 有的 怎么了 |
[33:01] | I’m worried | 我很担心 |
[33:03] | She seems confused. | 她有些糊涂了 |
[33:04] | She’s getting older. | 她老了 |
[33:09] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[33:12] | You made it. | 你做到了 |
[33:24] | You need money? | 你急需钱吗 |
[33:26] | Just an advance on the work so far. | 就当是工资预付款 |
[33:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:34] | Kalinda, what’s going on? | 凯琳达 出什么事了 |
[33:35] | I have to go. | 我必须离开 |
[33:38] | You have to… Why? | 你必须… 为什么 |
[33:40] | I thought you were liking it here. | 我还以为你喜欢这呢 |
[33:43] | I am liking it here. | 我是喜欢这 |
[33:45] | Okay, then you would understand my confusion. | 那我就不懂了 |
[33:53] | Look… | 听我说… |
[33:54] | we’re in a bit of trouble. | 我们现在遇到了一些问题 |
[33:56] | We’re short on receivables. | 应收款项无法及时收到 |
[33:59] | Patric Edelstein is delaying his monthly, | 帕特里克·艾德斯坦推迟月付款的支付 |
[34:01] | and we have some long-term suits that haven’t paid out yet. | 而我们还有一些长期案的款项也未付清 |
[34:05] | I can get you some. | 我可以帮你一些 |
[34:06] | Not everything. | 但不多 |
[34:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:14] | This is good-bye? | 这就是告别了吗 |
[34:16] | Just a little bit. | 算是吧 |
[34:18] | You’re gonna make me cry. | 你会让我伤心的 |
[34:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:23] | It feels like things are falling apart. | 觉得人和事都分崩离析了 |
[34:27] | You’ll build them up again, that’s what you do. | 你会重建往日辉煌的 你做得到 |
[34:43] | And you met with Judge Wynter three times | 在上周四最终裁定之前 |
[34:45] | before this last Thursday, the day of the verdict? | 你和温特法官见了三次面 |
[34:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:48] | Is that a lot for you? | 不觉得太多了吗 |
[34:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:51] | In fact, before these three meetings, | 事实上 在这三次见面之前 |
[34:54] | you had only met him once… | 你只见过他一次 |
[34:55] | in 2008 | 那还是在2008年 |
[34:57] | at a judges’ lunch, | 一次法官午餐聚会上 |
[34:58] | with 12 other judges. | 当时还有其他十二名法官 |
[35:01] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 是的 听起来是这样的 |
[35:03] | So why’d you meet with him? | 你为什么要见他呢 |
[35:05] | Those three times? | 那三次吗 |
[35:07] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[35:10] | Did the subject of your wife’s lawsuit | 你们在会面时 |
[35:11] | come up at these meetings? | 有谈及你妻子经手的案子吗 |
[35:13] | – No. – Really? | -没有 -真的吗 |
[35:14] | At the same time you were meeting with this judge, | 你与这位法官见面时 |
[35:16] | your wife had a suit in front of him, | 你妻子的案子正好是他审理 |
[35:18] | and the subject never came up? | 你们从来没有谈及吗 |
[35:20] | – That’s correct. – This grand jury investigation | -是这样的 -威尔嫌疑贿赂法官 |
[35:22] | into Will Gardner’s supposed bribing of three judges, | 大陪审团对此进行调查 |
[35:25] | – including Judge Wynter… – Objection. | -其中就有温特法官 -反对 |
[35:27] | We are not refering to the content of that investigation, | 我们没有涉及调查的内容 |
[35:29] | just to Mr. Florrick’s supervision of it. | 只是询问福瑞克先生当时的负责情况 |
[35:32] | But just to correct you, | 纠正一下 |
[35:33] | Ms. Scott-Car had supervision over it. | 是斯科特-卡尔负责的 |
[35:35] | Yes, until you removed her. | 是的 后来你把她调走了 |
[35:36] | I removed her because the grand jury had concluded. | 把撤掉她 是因为大陪审团结案了 |
[35:38] | But the state’s attorney can bring charges again? | 但是州检察官可以重新起诉 |
[35:40] | He can. I chose not to. | 是的 但我选择不这么做 |
[35:41] | You also chose not to bring charges against the three judges | 你也没对陷在贿赂案中的法官 |
[35:44] | involved in this bribery scheme. | 提起诉讼 |
[35:45] | The supposed bribery scheme? Yes. | 是假定的贿赂案件吧 是的 |
[35:48] | – Why not? – I didn’t want to. | -为什么不 -我不想 |
[35:49] | I thought Ms. Scott-Carr had gone beyond her directive. | 斯科特-卡尔女士的作为超出了职责范围 |
[35:52] | So when you met with Judge Wynter… | 那么当你见温特法官时 |
[35:54] | he owed you? | 他欠你的情 |
[35:58] | Did you not want to answer? | 你不想回答了吗 |
[35:59] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that was a question. | 不好意思 我不知道那是一个问题 |
[36:02] | Didn’t you ask Judge Wynter to decide | 你让温特法官 |
[36:04] | this verdict for your wife as a quid pro quo | 做出利于你妻子案件的裁决 |
[36:07] | – for dropping his investigation? – No. | -作为放弃调查他的条件吗 -没有 |
[36:09] | But isn’t that a fair conclusion? | 但这个推论很合理 |
[36:10] | – No. – And how is that? | -不 -为什么 |
[36:14] | Because my wife and I are separated. | 因为我和妻子分居了 |
[36:20] | Then I… | 那么我 |
[36:25] | That is news to me. | 我第一次听说这件事 |
[36:27] | Then what other reason could there be for these meetings? | 那你见他的原因是什么 |
[36:30] | His support for my campaign. | 赢取他对我竞选的支持 |
[36:34] | So I guess you could accuse me | 我猜你们可以控告我 |
[36:37] | of being corrupt for myself, | 为了自己而收买行贿 |
[36:40] | but not for my wife. | 但不是为了我妻子 |
[36:49] | How’s it going? | 你怎么样 |
[36:50] | Good. You? | 挺好 你呢 |
[36:52] | Good. | 也很好 |
[36:53] | I have to head out. I just wanted to say good night. | 我得出去一下 就是过来道个晚安 |
[36:55] | That man who called me, | 那个打电话给我的男人 |
[36:57] | F&E Constructionon, | F&E建设那个 |
[36:59] | he called me at home, | 他把电话打到我家了 |
[37:01] | and he said my name. | 而且还知道我的名字 |
[37:06] | – He said your name? – Yes. | -他知道你的名字 -是的 |
[37:09] | Did you give your name? | 你告诉过他你的名字吗 |
[37:11] | No. | 没有 |
[37:13] | Kalinda, who is this man? | 凯琳达 这人是谁 |
[37:16] | We said we would be up front with each other. | 我们说过要彼此坦白的 |
[37:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:20] | Is this man dangerous? | 这人危险吗 |
[37:23] | Yeah. | 危险 |
[37:24] | Well, who is he? | 那他是谁 |
[37:29] | He’s my husband. | 他是我丈夫 |
[37:33] | Come on. You don’t have anything. | 得了吧 你们手上什么牌也没有 |
[37:36] | The state’s attorney just told you | 州检察官刚告诉过你们 |
[37:38] | there’s no way he could have done this for his wife | 他不可能为他妻子去找法官说情 |
[37:41] | because they’re separated. | 因为他们分居了 |
[37:43] | And he’s done this with some considerable expense | 而他这么做 会给自己的政治事业 |
[37:45] | to his own political career… | 造成不小的伤害 |
[37:48] | because it’s now in the record that they’ve separated. | 因为他们分居的事实已被记录在案 |
[37:51] | So, what do you have? | 所以你们还有什么料 |
[37:53] | A passion to see this through. | 坚持到底的激情 |
[37:54] | We take back our offer to drop the class action. | 撤销集团诉讼的条件我们收回 |
[37:57] | You lost. Face it. | 你们输了 承认吧 |
[37:59] | They’re right. | 他们说的没错 |
[38:01] | We lost. | 我们输了 |
[38:03] | We should probably just head out. You think? | 我们还是走吧 你觉得呢 |
[38:07] | Here’s the thing, though. | 但问题是 |
[38:09] | We were the distraction. | 我们是声东击西 |
[38:11] | You were the distraction? What does that mean? | 声东击西 什么意思 |
[38:12] | Have you checked on your top client, Patric Edelstein? | 联系过你们的第一大客户艾德斯坦吗 |
[38:16] | He’s no longer your top client. | 他不再是你们的第一大客户了 |
[38:17] | He’s ours. | 他是我们的了 |
[38:19] | We just got the text. | 我们刚收到短信 |
[38:20] | He’s been unhappy with Will’s suspension, | 他对威尔的暂停执业 |
[38:22] | and with your distraction with this lawsuit. | 和在这次诉讼上的分心很不高兴 |
[38:24] | Sleight of hand. You were watching the right, | 变戏法 你在看右边 |
[38:26] | you should’ve been watching the left. | 其实你应该看左边 |
[38:28] | – Mommy! – That’s right, we’re done here. | -妈妈 -好的 我们忙完了 |
[38:31] | Mommy’s coming home. | 妈妈要回家了 |
[38:33] | After you. | 你先请 |
[38:34] | No, no, after you. | 不不 你先请 |
[38:36] | Please. | 请吧 |
[38:36] | – Mommy! – Hello! | -妈妈 -乖乖 |
[38:39] | Let’s go. Come on. | 走了 来吧 |
[38:41] | Oops. | 糟糕 |
[38:45] | And it’s too late to call him. | 现在打电话给他太晚了 |
[38:47] | They planned on that, too. | 这点也被他们算计到了 |
[38:53] | So, tomorrow? | 那明天吗 |
[38:57] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[39:12] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[39:15] | Me? I’m, uh… | 我吗 我… |
[39:17] | Okay. | 还行 |
[39:20] | You? | 你呢 |
[39:21] | Same. | 我也是 |
[39:23] | That was weird. | 感觉很奇怪 |
[39:25] | With Peter today? | 是说今天和彼得一起吗 |
[39:28] | Yes, it was. | 是的 |
[39:45] | Do you think it was a mistake? | 你觉得我们犯了个错吗 |
[39:49] | No. | 不 |
[39:56] | Good night, Alicia. | 晚安 艾丽西娅 |
[39:58] | Good night, Will. | 晚安 威尔 |
[40:35] | Mom, my doorknob’s still broken. | 妈 我的门拉手还是坏的 |
[40:38] | How about some wine? | 喝杯酒怎么样 |
[40:39] | No, I have to get back. | 不了 我得回去了 |
[40:42] | They didn’t change much. | 他们没怎么改动 |
[40:44] | The house? Yeah. | 这房子吗 是的 |
[40:46] | They tried to flip it, | 他们急着脱手 |
[40:48] | but they didn’t put any work into it so nobody wanted it. | 但没怎么修缮所以没人要 |
[40:52] | Thanks for today. | 今天谢谢了 |
[40:54] | I think you stopped the suit. | 是你避免了这次诉讼 |
[40:56] | I guess I just told the truth. | 我实话实说罢了 |
[40:58] | That’s bigger than you think. | 但对我来说 意义重大 |
[41:02] | Dad, the pizza’s ready. | 爸 匹萨好了 |
[41:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:05] | – Pizza? – No, I have to get up early for work tomorrow. | -吃匹萨吗 -不了 明天还要早起上班 |
[41:08] | Things are in flux. | 事情一团乱 |
[41:11] | When aren’t things in flux? | 谁说不是呢 |
[41:18] | Hey, come say good-bye to your mom. | 过来跟妈妈说再见 |
[41:20] | She’s leaving. | 她要走了 |
[41:51] | I love you both. I’ll see you in a few days. | 我爱你们 过几天再见 |
[41:55] | Stay, Mom. | 留下吧 妈 |
[41:57] | No one will think it means anything. | 没人会觉得有特别的含义 |
[41:58] | Just… | 就是 |
[42:00] | have some pizza. | 吃点匹萨 |
[42:01] | Then you can go. | 吃了再走 |
[42:08] | You’re getting big. | 你长大了 |
[42:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:15] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |