时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | The doctor said the stroke did no permanent damage, | 医生说这次中风没有造成永久性伤害 |
[00:27] | so if you just keep taking… | 只要你继续服用… |
[00:28] | So, where am I going? | 我现在要去哪儿 |
[00:31] | The luncheon, remember? | 午餐会 还记得吗 |
[00:32] | Yes, where am I going afterwards? | 记得 之后呢 |
[00:34] | Oh, home– I set up a room for you upstairs. | 回家 我在楼上给你布置好了一间房 |
[00:37] | Your house? | 你的房子? |
[00:38] | Yeah. | 是 |
[00:40] | Won’t Alicia have a problem with that? | 艾丽西娅没意见吗 |
[00:42] | – I don’t think so. – Mr. Gold. | -我觉得没有 -戈德先生打来的 |
[00:45] | Oh. Eli? | 伊莱 |
[00:47] | Hold on. One second, Mom. | 别挂 稍等片刻 妈妈 |
[00:50] | How’s she doing? | 她如何了 |
[00:51] | Well, she’s getting him to commit to a timeline. | 她正让他确认一个具体的时间表 |
[00:53] | Good, uh, anything more on that campaign worker– | 很好 还有关于那竞选工作人员的消息吗 |
[00:56] | what’s her name? | 她叫啥来着 |
[00:57] | Indira Starr. | 尹迪拉·斯塔 |
[00:58] | I have the investigator on the other line, | 还有一个调查员在处理这事 |
[00:59] | double-checking the dates. | 复核那些日期 |
[01:01] | Oh, good. Who’s the investigator? | 好的 谁是调查员 |
[01:03] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[01:05] | Should I not? | 不该用她吗 |
[01:06] | Uh, no, no, no, it’s fine. | 不不不 没关系 |
[01:08] | So, how are we doing on the straw poll? | 民调情况如何 |
[01:09] | Uh, you’ll win it. It’s just a question of | 你会赢的 问题在于 |
[01:11] | whether the press think you’ve won it by enough. | 媒体是否认为优势够大 |
[01:12] | Okay, well, keep me in the loop. | 好的 有消息就通知我 |
[01:15] | Well, let’s get you to that luncheon. | 现在送你去午餐会 |
[01:17] | Peter, what’s going on? | 彼得 发生什么事了 |
[01:20] | Nothing’s the matter, Mom. | 没什么要紧事 妈妈 |
[01:21] | It’s obviously something. | 显然有事 |
[01:23] | It’s just a story | 就是有个报道 |
[01:24] | we want to keep from being written, that’s all. | 我们不想让它见报罢了 |
[01:27] | Somebody… is lying about me. | 有人捏造有关我的谎言 |
[01:29] | About you and some campaign worker? | 关于你和某个竞选工作人员吗 |
[01:32] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[01:33] | And Alicia’s hurting you? | 艾丽西亚伤害你了? |
[01:35] | No– what are you talking about? No. | 没有 你在说什么 没有的事 |
[01:37] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[01:39] | Mother, Alicia has been great. | 妈妈 艾丽西亚对我很好 |
[01:42] | She’s with the press right now, | 她现在正和那家媒体面谈 |
[01:43] | trying to keep the story from being printed. | 设法阻止故事见报 |
[01:47] | And this happened when? | 这是何时发生的 |
[01:50] | You seem to answer questions with questions, Mrs. Florrick. | 你似乎总是以问答问 福瑞克夫人 |
[01:54] | Yes, only to help clarify. | 是的 为了更好地澄清 |
[01:55] | To the best of her recollection, | 据她回忆 |
[01:57] | she said it happened on August 21, 2012. | 那发生于2012年8月21日 |
[02:00] | Indira Starr says she was | 尹迪拉·斯塔说她2012年8月21日 |
[02:02] | in my apartment August 21, 2012? | 在我公寓里? |
[02:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:04] | Sleeping with your husband. | 和你丈夫上床 |
[02:09] | And she said that I found her hiding in my bathroom | 她还说我发现她躲在浴室里 |
[02:12] | and that I told her Peter and I had an open marriage? | 而且告诉她我和彼得是开放式婚姻? |
[02:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:16] | Well, Peter and I were separated then, | 当时我和彼得分居 |
[02:20] | so that’s impossible. | 所以那是不可能的 |
[02:22] | Another lie. | 又一个谎言 |
[02:23] | At a certain point, the story just crumbles, Mandy. | 捏造的故事是站不住脚的 曼蒂 |
[02:26] | Indira Starr says she slept with Peter on September 30 | 尹迪拉·斯塔说她于9月30日和彼得 |
[02:28] | at the St. Martin Hotel and afterward, | 在圣马丁宾馆上过床 之后 |
[02:30] | she heard him call you to discuss picking up the kids. | 她听到他打电话给你讨论接孩子的事 |
[02:33] | Is that not true? | 这也不是真的吗 |
[02:34] | What time was that exactly? | 确切的时间点是何时 |
[02:36] | – So Eli can double check her story? – No. | -好让伊莱复核她所说的? -不 |
[02:38] | So, I can refresh my memory. | 好让我回想一下 |
[02:42] | You really are a lawyer. | 你真是个不折不扣的律师 |
[02:43] | Yes, and I am late for court. | 没错 而且我上庭要迟到了 |
[02:46] | She said she heard the call at 11:30 p.m. Approximately. | 她说在晚上大约11点半听到那通电话 |
[02:50] | No. To the best of my memory, | 不 根据我的回忆 |
[02:51] | Peter and I didn’t talk that night. | 彼得和我那晚并没有通过话 |
[02:54] | Well, thank you for your time, Mrs. Florrick. | 感谢你抽空过来 福瑞克夫人 |
[02:58] | It’s much appreciated. | 非常感激 |
[02:59] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[03:00] | Hope you kill the story. | 希望你们会砍了这篇报道 |
[03:02] | I don’t like being lied about. | 我不喜欢被造谣 |
[03:03] | No one does. | 没人喜欢 |
[03:06] | I could kiss you. | 我真想亲你一口 |
[03:07] | Well, that would give them something to write about. | 那他们就有料可爆了 |
[03:10] | Hey, you got a pen? | 你手边有笔吗 |
[03:12] | Yeah, Eli, I have a pen. | 有 伊莱 有笔 |
[03:14] | She claims Peter made a call | 她说11点半他们一做完 |
[03:16] | at 11:30, immediately after sex. | 彼得就打了通电话 |
[03:18] | At the St. Martin Hotel? | 在圣马丁宾馆? |
[03:19] | Mm-hmm. 15th floor. | 对 15楼 |
[03:21] | Indira Starr was in room 803 | 尹迪拉·斯塔当时在803室 |
[03:23] | and then she went up to Peter’s. | 然后她上楼到彼得房间 |
[03:26] | You might check. | 你最好查查 |
[03:26] | I think I was in the adjoining room that night. | 我想我当晚就在隔壁的房间 |
[03:30] | The 15th… with the door open. | 15楼 房间门开着 |
[03:35] | This is Tre Lawson. | 这位是特瑞·劳森 |
[03:37] | Tre was a 19-year-old college freshman, living his dream: | 特瑞是一名为梦奋斗的19岁大学新生 |
[03:42] | attending Chicago Polytech | 他在芝加哥理工大学上学 |
[03:44] | on a water polo scholarship. | 有一份水球运动奖学金 |
[03:46] | Until one day, he was hazed to death by… | 直至一日 他溺水致死 因为… |
[03:50] | This man. His teammate, Wayne Crockett. | 这个人 他的队友韦恩·克罗克特 |
[03:54] | He is the one who taunted Tre, | 就是他奚落特瑞 |
[03:58] | bullied him and eventually drowned him. | 欺凌他 最后溺死了他 |
[04:01] | Wayne Crockett plead guilty to the drowning. | 韦恩·克罗克特就溺死他人认了罪 |
[04:04] | He is serving eight years in prison. | 他将承受8年牢狱之灾 |
[04:07] | And yet, Ms. Lockhart isn’t satisfied. | 而洛克哈特女士却仍不满足 |
[04:12] | She is suing… | 她起诉… |
[04:13] | The university | 这所大学 |
[04:15] | where this heinous crime took place– | 即这宗可憎犯罪发生之地 |
[04:17] | Chicago Polytech. | 芝加哥理工大学 |
[04:19] | They are the ones who let the bullying | 是他们在年度水球派对上 |
[04:21] | at this yearly water polo party get out of hand. | 放任这种欺凌行为发展成犯罪 |
[04:24] | And as much as my learned colleague Mr. Andrews | 尽管博学的对方律师安德鲁斯先生 |
[04:26] | would like to make this case about Mr. Crockett, | 希望将全部罪责归咎于克罗克特先生 |
[04:29] | it is actually about the university… | 但事实上这个案子与大学息息相关… |
[04:36] | that cost Mr. And Mrs. Lawson their son. | 才使得劳森夫妇失去了他们的儿子 |
[04:49] | And what is this, Coach Shank? | 这是什么 尚克教练 |
[04:51] | The Dunk. | 浸泡礼 |
[04:52] | And “The Dunk” is a yearly party the water polo team | “浸泡礼”是水球队在每年首场比赛 |
[04:55] | has the night before its first match? | 前夜举行的派对吗 |
[04:57] | Yeah, um, but it’s not approved by the school or me. | 没错 但这并未经学校或者我的同意 |
[05:00] | But, you’ve been to one before? | 可你也曾参与过一次? |
[05:02] | Uh, yeah, a few years ago, | 是的 几年前 |
[05:03] | but when I saw what was happening, I left. | 但当我看到那种场景 我就离开了 |
[05:05] | So, could you describe what is happening here? | 那么你能描述一下这场景是怎么一回事吗 |
[05:10] | It’s the first year players, they’re… | 是新运动员 他们… |
[05:12] | being held under by the veteran players. | 被老运动员按在水底 |
[05:14] | I see. | 看出来了 |
[05:15] | For as long as they can hold their breath? | 直到他们快窒息为止 |
[05:18] | Yeah, but again, the school doesn’t approve. | 对 但再次重申 学校并没批准 |
[05:22] | He’s drowning! | 他快淹死了 |
[05:25] | Get him out, get him out of the pool! | 快把他弄出来 弄出水池来 |
[05:37] | In fact, didn’t you tell the team | 事实上 你有没有告诉队员 |
[05:40] | not to do the Dunk this year? | 今年不搞”浸泡礼”呢 |
[05:41] | Yes, I did; I thought it was wrong. | 我说了 我觉得这么做不好 |
[05:42] | But the team did it anyway and they took it off campus. | 但队员们还是照做不误 移师校外 |
[05:46] | Yeah, at one of the houses of one of the team members. | 对 在其中一名队员家 |
[05:48] | So, how could anyone possibly conclude | 所以大家怎么能认为这是 |
[05:51] | this was sanctioned by the university? | 经学校批准的呢 |
[05:54] | They knew about it. | 他们知情 |
[05:55] | It’s been an institution at this school for 50 years. | 50年来这一直是学校的传统 |
[05:58] | And did the university have a “wink-wink” attitude towards… | 校方是否对此睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[06:01] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[06:02] | I will sustain that. | 反对有效 |
[06:03] | Now, Coach Shank stated that he told the team | 尚克教练说他告诉队员 |
[06:06] | not to have the Dunk this year, is that true? | 今年别搞”浸泡礼” 这是否属实 |
[06:08] | Yeah, but they say that every year. | 属实 但他每年都这么说 |
[06:09] | And you received a text | “浸泡礼”那晚你收到了 |
[06:10] | from Coach Shank the night of the Dunk? | 尚克教练的短信是吗 |
[06:12] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[06:13] | Could you read the text? | 能读一下短信内容吗 |
[06:15] | “Don’t get too drunk at the Dunk. | “浸泡礼”之夜别喝得太醉 |
[06:18] | Have match tomorrow.” | 明天还有比赛 |
[06:19] | So, Coach Shank knew about the Dunk going forward? | 所以尚克教练知道”浸泡礼”的进行 |
[06:22] | – Oh, yeah. – Thank you, Mr. Sultan. | -对 -谢谢你 苏尔坦先生 |
[06:32] | He offered 500,000. | 他报价50万 |
[06:34] | I told him we’re not budging from six million, right? | 我跟他说600万不还价 对吧 |
[06:37] | Yes, this has been hard, hearing him say we’re greedy. | 对 听到他们说我们贪心 真令人难过 |
[06:39] | The more they call you names, | 他们越说 |
[06:40] | the more you know you’re winning. | 你的胜算越大 |
[06:42] | Oh, would you excuse me a second? | 不好意思 |
[06:45] | You almost done? | 差不多结束了吗 |
[06:46] | Yup, in another ten minutes, | 对 再过十分钟 |
[06:48] | we’ll no longer occupy the 27th floor. | 我们就不再拥有27层了 |
[06:50] | How’d it look? | 看起来如何 |
[06:52] | Sad. | 悲伤 |
[06:53] | We’ll get it back, Will. | 我们会拿回来的 威尔 |
[06:54] | I know. | 明白 |
[06:55] | You retreat to advance. | 以退为进 |
[06:57] | It just feels like we’ve been | 感觉这4年来 |
[06:57] | retreating for four years now. | 我们一直在退 |
[06:59] | We’re still standing. | 我们还在坚守 |
[07:00] | Every other firm that started out when we did, they’re gone. | 跟我们同时起家的其他律所 早就消失了 |
[07:03] | I know. But, if you ever want to be motivated, | 知道 但如果你什么时候需要点动力 |
[07:05] | just come on down to the 27th. | 就到27层来看看 |
[07:07] | It’s a kick in the ass. | 绝对是一剂强心针 |
[07:09] | Thank you so much for having me. | 非常感谢你们的邀请 |
[07:12] | I imagine you’ll forgive a mother | 我想你们应该会理解 |
[07:15] | for singing the praises of her son. | 一个母亲为儿子唱赞歌的行为 |
[07:18] | He’s handsome. | 他英俊不凡 |
[07:19] | Now, I know that might not be the best reason | 我知道这可能不是选他当州长的 |
[07:23] | to vote for a governor, | 最好理由 |
[07:24] | but there will always be some women who will come forward | 但总有些女人站出来说 |
[07:28] | saying my son flirted with them or-or-or touched them… | 我儿子跟她们调情或者对她们动手动脚 |
[07:34] | …but I want you to know Peter has always struggled | 但我想告诉你们彼得一直都被 |
[07:37] | with women coming after him. | 主动献身的女人纠缠 |
[07:39] | – Even in grade school. – Hey, Eli. | -从小学开始就这样 -伊莱 |
[07:41] | You know, just checking in. | 就是跟你说一声 |
[07:44] | Having a good time here at the Alliance for Retired Americans. | 在美国退休联盟享受美好时光 |
[07:48] | With, uh, your girl Jackie | 跟你家杰姬在一起 |
[07:50] | and would you like to know what she just said? | 你想知道她刚才说了什么吗 |
[07:51] | Well, I told Peter you just have to beat them off with a stick. | 我告诉彼得拿棍子赶走她们就行了 |
[07:56] | Stop her! | 让她住嘴 |
[07:57] | How would you suggest I do that? | 怎么让她住嘴 你给个建议呗 |
[07:58] | Use a 2×4 if you have to. | 需要的话 一板子拍过去 |
[08:00] | And Peter is an absolute gentleman, | 彼得绝对是个绅士 |
[08:02] | women think he’s being nice and, uh, | 女人们觉得他人好 |
[08:05] | try to take advantage of him– yes? | 都想占他便宜 有什么事吗 |
[08:07] | Eli would like to talk to you. | 伊莱想跟你说两句 |
[08:09] | I’m supposed to tackle you if you say no. | 如果你拒绝我就要扑倒你了 |
[08:12] | Hello, Eli. | 你好 伊莱 |
[08:14] | Jackie, I need you to excuse yourself from the speech | 杰姬 你赶紧找个理由中断演讲 |
[08:18] | and let Mr. Moody drive you over here. | 让穆迪先生送你过来 |
[08:20] | I’m in the middle of my remarks. | 我正忙着演说呢 |
[08:21] | Jackie! | 杰姬 |
[08:22] | You’re gonna apologize to the room | 向全场致歉 |
[08:24] | and tell them that your stroke has left you weak | 告诉他们中风后你身体虚弱 |
[08:26] | and then you’re gonna get… | 你要… |
[08:35] | Just a few more questions, Mr. Sultan. | 还有几个问题 苏尔坦先生 |
[08:37] | You were the best friend of the killer, Wayne Crockett? | 你是凶手韦恩·克罗克特最好的朋友 |
[08:41] | Well, I don’t know about “best” | 我不知道能不能算”最好的” |
[08:42] | But you were friends? | 但你们是朋友? |
[08:44] | He texted you? | 他给你发过短信? |
[08:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:46] | And could you read this text he wrote you there? | 能否读一下他给你写的这条短信 |
[08:50] | It’s right there, that one. | 这边 这条 |
[08:51] | “Is Mary bringing the brews?” | 玛丽要带啤酒来吗 |
[08:53] | This was referring to the party, the Dunk? | 是指带到”浸泡礼”对吧 |
[08:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:56] | And who’s Mary? | 玛丽是谁 |
[09:02] | Mary? | 玛丽? |
[09:03] | It’s no one. | 谁都不是 |
[09:05] | Mary is no one. | 玛丽谁都不是 |
[09:09] | Uh, well, uh, here’s an easier question: | 这儿有个简单点的问题 |
[09:11] | Who brought the brews that night? | 那晚是谁带了啤酒 |
[09:15] | Tre. | 特瑞 |
[09:15] | Ah, Tre Lawson, the victim. | 受害人特瑞·劳森 |
[09:17] | So, was Mr. Crockett referring to Tre as a “Mary”? | 所以克罗克特先生用”玛丽”代指特瑞吗 |
[09:23] | Your Honor, objection. | 法官阁下 反对 |
[09:24] | I’m not quite sure what Mr. Andrews finds relevant here. | 我不太明白安德鲁斯先生的问题与本案有何关系 |
[09:27] | Yes, I’m intrigued, | 对 我很好奇 |
[09:28] | Mr. Andrews, but confused. | 安德鲁斯先生 但也很困惑 |
[09:30] | “Mary” is a derogatory term for someone who’s gay, Your Honor. | “玛丽”是对同性恋的贬义称呼 法官阁下 |
[09:33] | – Objection! – Objection! | -反对 -反对 |
[09:37] | Okay, okay, okay, thank you. | 好了好了 谢谢 |
[09:41] | – Mr. Andrews? – We would agree the plaintiff | -安德鲁斯先生 -就原告所说的 |
[09:46] | but it is my contention | 但我的论点是 |
[09:47] | that the university could not have controlled the killer | 学校无法控制凶手的行为 |
[09:50] | because this was a hate crime. | 因为这是仇恨犯罪 |
[09:51] | Your Honor, it has no bearing… | 法官阁下 这跟本案无关 |
[09:52] | No, that is completely irrelevant… | 不 这跟本案毫无关系 |
[09:52] | Wait a minute, wait a minute. | 等一下 等一下 |
[09:53] | Mr. Andrews, are you saying | 安德鲁斯先生 你的意思是 |
[09:54] | the university isn’t liable if Mr. Crockett killed Tre | 如果克罗克特因为特瑞是同性恋才杀死他 |
[09:57] | because he was gay? | 那学校就没有责任了? |
[09:59] | Yes. If the murder was not an inevitable consequence of the Dunk… | 是的 如果谋杀不是派对的必然后果 |
[10:03] | If-if it was not inevitable, then the university | 如果不是必然后果 那么学校 |
[10:05] | could not have foreseen the murder. | 就不可能预见谋杀的可能性 |
[10:07] | The killer was never charged with a hate crime. | 凶手并没有受到仇恨犯罪的指控 |
[10:09] | Yes, but that should not impede Mr. Andrews’ theory of the case. | 是的 但这不妨碍安德鲁斯先生提出的理由 |
[10:13] | You say the university is liable | 你们认为学校有责任 |
[10:15] | because it knew about the hazing and didn’t stop it. | 因为他们知道捉弄新生的事 却没有阻止 |
[10:18] | He’s saying the murder went beyond the hazing | 他认为谋杀已经超出了捉弄新生的范畴 |
[10:20] | because it was a hate crime, | 因为这是一起仇恨犯罪 |
[10:22] | And, therefore, the university isn’t liable. | 因此学校不该负责任 |
[10:26] | Well, I’ll let both theories contend | 你们可以在法庭上进行辩论 |
[10:27] | and let the jury decide. | 让陪审团决定 |
[10:29] | So, come back tomorrow, | 明天再来 |
[10:30] | ready to argue whether this is a hate crime or not. | 做好准备 辩论此案是否涉及仇恨犯罪 |
[11:23] | Our son isn’t gay. | 我们儿子不是同性恋 |
[11:25] | Good. Anything you can do to help us. | 好的 请尽量提供对我们有利的信息 |
[11:26] | It’s a lie | 这是造谣 |
[11:27] | and he’s gonna keep on lying as long as we hold out. | 只要官司继续打下去 他就会继续造谣 |
[11:28] | No, sir, he is lying to make you settle. | 不 先生 他造谣是为了让你和解 |
[11:31] | You told us this was going to be an easy… | 你们之前说这官司很好打 |
[11:32] | What I told you, sir, is that the defense will try anything | 我告诉你的是 被告会尽其所能 |
[11:34] | in its power to shake your confidence in this case. | 来动摇你对打赢这起官司的信心 |
[11:37] | Can you promise me you can win this still? | 你现在还能保证一定会赢吗 |
[11:41] | No. | 不能 |
[11:42] | I can promise you that we will work even harder now | 我能向你们保证我们会尽更大的努力 |
[11:44] | because I am angry… | 因为我很愤怒 |
[11:46] | and this should make you angry, too. | 你们也应该为此感到愤怒 |
[11:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:53] | Okay, if he’s not gay, let’s prove it. | 好的 如果他不是同性恋 我们得有证据 |
[11:55] | Get Kalinda on it. | 让凯琳达去查 |
[11:56] | I’ll review the case law on hate crimes, | 我去研究一下关于仇恨犯罪的判例 |
[11:58] | then we’ll talk again in two hours. | 两个小时之后我们再谈 |
[11:59] | It’s not about comfort; we’re the named partners. | 不是为了舒适 我们是命名合伙人 |
[12:01] | Yes, and I’m the creditors’ trustee. | 我是代表债权人的管理人 |
[12:03] | I can veto your decisions. | 我可以否决你的决定 |
[12:04] | Not on this. Not on office space. | 这不关你事 空间分配不关你事 |
[12:06] | I’m not saying I can on office space. | 我没说我可以否决你分配空间的决定 |
[12:07] | I am saying I have more clout | 我是在说我的权力在你之上 |
[12:09] | and I’m willing to take a smaller office. | 而我也愿意换到更小的办公室 |
[12:11] | Which is your choice. | 这是你的自由 |
[12:11] | And what is the topic under discussion? | 我们是在讨论什么问题 |
[12:13] | He wants to put a wall in here; right there. | 他想在这竖一堵墙 就在那儿 |
[12:15] | And you and I will share the space. | 我们两个以后共用一间办公室 |
[12:16] | We lost the 27th floor. | 我们失去了27楼的空间 |
[12:18] | We have to double up, | 必须得挤一下 |
[12:19] | and some litigators are without offices. | 有些律师连办公室都没有了 |
[12:22] | That will undercut morale, | 这有损律所的士气 |
[12:23] | so it’s incumbent upon leadership to sacrifice. | 领导层有义务做出牺牲 |
[12:27] | True. | 对 |
[12:28] | But we’re not gonna do it. | 但我们不会这样做 |
[12:30] | We’re bringing this firm back, | 我们会让律所起死回生 |
[12:32] | and we’re doing it in the offices we have now. | 就在我们现有的办公室里 |
[12:33] | And unless you want to go to the bankruptcy judge on this, | 海登先生 除非你想去破产法庭告我们 |
[12:35] | Mr. Hayden, I suggest you back off! | 否则我建议你少管闲事 |
[12:42] | At some point, you’ll realize | 总有一天你们会意识到 |
[12:44] | I’m trying to save you from yourself. | 我在努力从你们自己手里拯救你们 |
[12:51] | What got into you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[12:53] | Wheaties. | 吃了麦片 |
[12:54] | Mr. Gold, I was only trying to help you. | 戈德先生 我只是想帮你 |
[12:56] | Don’t. | 不用 |
[12:57] | I am trying to kill an article | 我在努力阻止一篇关于 |
[12:59] | about Peter sleeping with a campaign worker, | 彼得跟竞选工作人员上床的报道见报 |
[13:01] | and every time you talk about women chasing him, | 你每次说女人们追他不放 |
[13:03] | you make that the story. | 都是在支持那篇报道 |
[13:05] | Don’t bark at me, Mr. Gold. | 不用对我吼 戈德先生 |
[13:06] | Oh, Jackie, that wasn’t barking. | 杰姬 这怎么能算吼 |
[13:08] | This is barking! | 这才是吼 |
[13:10] | When you’ve calmed down, | 你什么时候冷静下来了 |
[13:12] | we can discuss my schedule. | 我们再讨论一下我的行程 |
[13:13] | Your schedule’s changed, Jackie. | 你的行程有变化 杰姬 |
[13:15] | You’re in Double-A ball now. | 你现在降级了 |
[13:17] | I have no idea what that means. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[13:18] | That means that, until you behave, | 我是说 在你变乖之前 |
[13:20] | you’ll be speaking at the Regional Senior Center | 你要去莫顿格罗夫地区老年人中心 |
[13:23] | of Greater Morton Grove. | 发表演讲 |
[13:25] | I’ve never heard of that. | 我从来没听说过这种地方 |
[13:26] | Exactly. | 这就对了 |
[13:28] | Miss Hayward. | 海沃德女士 |
[13:30] | Mr. Gold. You seem busy. | 戈德先生 看起来挺忙的 |
[13:32] | Yes, we’re preparing for a straw poll this weekend. | 是啊 我们在为周末的民调做准备 |
[13:35] | It means everything and nothing. | 它事关重大却又毫无意义 |
[13:36] | Why everything? | 为什么事关重大 |
[13:37] | Well, the straw poll votes don’t actually count for anything, | 民调的选票没有任何实际意义 |
[13:42] | but if we don’t get them, the press will say we’re… | 但如果拿不下选票 媒体会说我们… |
[13:44] | You know what? It doesn’t matter. | 别提了 不要紧 |
[13:46] | Anyway, what can I do for you? | 请问有何贵干 |
[13:50] | Hey! Out. | 大家都出去 |
[13:58] | I’m hearing rumors | 我听到了一些传言 |
[13:59] | that trouble me, as a donor. | 让我这个捐助人感到困扰 |
[14:02] | Well, if they trouble you, they trouble me. | 困扰你的问题就是我的问题 |
[14:04] | What are they? | 什么传言 |
[14:05] | That there’s another shoe about to drop. | 传言说坏事将至 |
[14:07] | You understand, Eli, I agreed to contribute– | 伊莱请你理解 我捐助你们是有条件的 |
[14:10] | that was dependent on Peter keeping his pants zipped. | 彼得必须得控制好他的下半身 |
[14:15] | Where are you hearing this? | 你从哪里听到的这些传言 |
[14:16] | The Women’s Leadership Forum. | 女性领导力论坛 |
[14:18] | I was encouraging other donors to give, | 我本想动员其他人也捐助一些 |
[14:20] | and there was some, uh… | 但是她们… |
[14:23] | reluctance. | 不情愿 |
[14:24] | Well, Peter has done nothing untoward. | 彼得没有任何不良行为 |
[14:28] | But his political enemies will still lie about him. | 但他的政坛对手仍然会造谣 |
[14:31] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[14:33] | Have I assuaged your concerns? | 我消除你的疑虑了吗 |
[14:34] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[14:40] | Cary, thank you for stepping in. | 凯里 谢谢你抽时间来见我 |
[14:42] | Very good job on the copyright suit. | 那起版权官司打得很好 |
[14:44] | Uh, thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[14:45] | No court time, and they settled for $80,000. | 没上法庭 就拿到了8万美元的赔偿 |
[14:48] | Well, if the firm can avoid court, we win. | 避免上法庭对我们律所是有利的 |
[14:53] | I feel you’ve been without an office for much too long, Cary. | 凯里 我觉得你已经太久没有办公室了 |
[14:57] | You’ve been here… | 你已经来了… |
[14:58] | Uh, two months. | 两个月 |
[14:59] | And everyone speaks highly of you. | 大家都对你评价甚高 |
[15:02] | So I’d like to move you into an office by the end of the day. | 所以今天之内我会给你安排间办公室 |
[15:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:09] | And I want you to come to me when you need to. | 我希望你有需要就来找我 |
[15:12] | – When I…? – If there’s anything you think can be… | -我在 -有任何你觉得… |
[15:15] | improved… please feel free to contact me. | 能有所改进的 尽管来找我 |
[15:21] | You mean… like… anything? | 你是指 什么都可以 |
[15:24] | Like, the lunchroom or… | 比如 餐厅或者 |
[15:27] | people, cases, management decisions… | 人手 案子 管理决策 |
[15:30] | anything. | 什么都可以 |
[15:31] | I’d hate to limit your scope. | 我不想让你束手束脚 |
[15:35] | Beth Alexander, and I… | 我是贝思·亚历山大 我 |
[15:39] | what was the second question? | 第二个问题是什么 |
[15:40] | – Your address. – Oh. Sorry. | -你的住址 -不好意思 |
[15:42] | I’m nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[15:44] | On campus. Van de Beek dorms. | 住在学校 范德比克宿舍 |
[15:46] | Thank you, Beth. | 谢谢你 贝思 |
[15:47] | – And you were a classmate and friend – of the victim Tre? – Yeah. | -你是受害人特瑞的同学兼好友吗 -是的 |
[15:50] | In fact, you were more than that, weren’t you? | 其实你们的关系不止如此 对吗 |
[15:52] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[15:53] | – You dated. – Objection, Your Honor. | -你们还约会 -反对 法官阁下 |
[15:55] | Relevance– one can be gay and still date women. | 与本案无关 同志也可以和女人约会 |
[15:57] | Then let the defense make | 那就让辩方律师别在这问题上 |
[15:58] | that argument in closing, Your Honor. | 做无谓的争辩了 法官阁下 |
[15:59] | – This is not the time… – Excuse me… | -现在不是时候 -抱歉 |
[16:02] | Hold on, now, both of you! | 二位 就此打住 |
[16:05] | Sit down, Ms. Lockhart. | 坐下 洛克哈特女士 |
[16:06] | Mr. Andrews is correct. | 安德鲁斯先生是对的 |
[16:08] | You are not the questioning attorney. | 不是你在进行盘问 |
[16:09] | Mrs. Florrick, do you have the same argument | 福瑞克夫人 您对安德鲁斯先生的反对 |
[16:12] | against Mr. Andrews’ objection? | 也持反对意见吗 |
[16:13] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[16:14] | Then, Mr. Andrews, I overrule your objection. | 那么安德鲁斯先生 反对无效 |
[16:16] | Let’s not argue our case through objections. Please. | 这案子请各位不要再纠缠在各种反对上了 |
[16:21] | Made me break my paperweight. | 我好少写点裁决书 |
[16:23] | Mrs. Florrick, you may continue. | 福瑞克夫人 你可以继续了 |
[16:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:29] | Now, Beth, um, I hate to be blunt… | 贝思 我本不想这么直白 |
[16:33] | – but did you have sex with Tre? – Yeah. | -不过你和特瑞上过床吗 -是的 |
[16:37] | On many occasions? | 有很多次吗 |
[16:39] | Yeah, on many. | 对 有很多次 |
[16:40] | And to your knowledge, did he ever sleep with men? | 就你所知 他和男人上床吗 |
[16:42] | No! Tre was from a religious family. He never… | 不会 特瑞家信奉宗教 他绝不会 |
[16:47] | Sorry, Mr. And Mrs. Lawson. | 抱歉了 劳森夫妇 |
[16:49] | – He never slept with men. – Good. | -他从来不和男人上床 -很好 |
[16:52] | Thank you, Beth. No further questions. | 谢谢你 贝思 没有问题了 |
[16:54] | Did you hear the rumor on campus that Tre was gay? | 你听过学校里有关特瑞是同志的谣言吗 |
[16:58] | Objection, Your Honor. Hearsay. | 反对 法官阁下 传闻证据 |
[16:59] | Ms. Lockhart, again? | 洛克哈特女士 你还来 |
[17:00] | Objection, Your Honor. Hearsay. | 反对 法官阁下 传闻证据 |
[17:02] | No, Ms. Florrick. | 不行 福瑞克夫人 |
[17:04] | And by extension, Ms. Lockhart. | 而且说开了 洛克哈特女士 |
[17:06] | The question is whether she heard the rumor. | 问题就在于她是否听过这个谣言 |
[17:08] | That’s all. | 就是这样 |
[17:09] | She can answer yes or no. | 她可以回答有或者没有 |
[17:11] | Did I hear the rumor he was gay? | 我有没有听过他是不是同志的谣言 |
[17:13] | Yeah. | 听过 |
[17:14] | Because he had a lisp? | 因为他结结巴巴 |
[17:15] | Well, I don’t know why. | 我不清楚原因 |
[17:16] | It was probably just the way he was. | 大概就是他那样吧 |
[17:18] | You mean… effeminate? | 你是指 娘娘腔 |
[17:21] | Yeah, I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[17:22] | So, anyone not knowing | 所以说 任何不知道 |
[17:24] | you were dating Tre might think he was gay. | 你和特瑞在约会的人会觉得他是个同志 |
[17:26] | Objection! | 反对 |
[17:27] | That is irrelevant… | 与本案无关 |
[17:28] | That is exactly my point, Your Honor. | 这正是我的重点 法官阁下 |
[17:29] | Defense is just pushing… | 辩方只是在逼迫 |
[17:30] | But that’s my point, Your Honor. | 可这就是我的论点 法官阁下 |
[17:32] | Hate crime is not about whether the victim as gay or not, | 仇恨犯罪关键不在于受害人是否真是同志 |
[17:34] | it is whether the killer thought he was gay. | 而在于凶手认为他是 |
[17:36] | Your Honor, this lawsuit has gone far afield. | 法官阁下 这案子已经离题万里了 |
[17:38] | Yes, Ms. Lockhart. | 没错 洛克哈特小姐 |
[17:40] | But the point is well-taken. | 不过我采纳这个观点 |
[17:42] | The reality of the victim’s sexual orientation is immaterial. | 受害人的真实性取向不是重点 |
[17:45] | I might seem gay to someone, | 我在一些人眼中也可能是同志 |
[17:47] | until they found out I had a wife. | 直到他们知道我有老婆 |
[17:52] | So, unless you have evidence | 因此 在你们有证据 |
[17:53] | as to the mental state of the killer, I will allow. | 证明凶手的精神问题之前 我会批准 |
[18:01] | You get to Kalinda, ask her to talk to the killer in prison. | 你去找凯琳达 让她去监狱找凶手聊聊 |
[18:04] | He has reason to help us. | 他有理由帮我们一把 |
[18:05] | Got it. | 明白 |
[18:09] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[18:11] | Oh, and why should today be any different? | 今天又什么理由例外呢 |
[18:13] | This is the new Eli. | 伊莱已经脱胎换骨了 |
[18:14] | The thankful Eli. | 会感恩戴德的伊莱 |
[18:15] | So thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:17] | Now I need something else. | 我需要帮忙 |
[18:18] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[18:19] | A quick matter? | 一点小事 |
[18:21] | I know you’re having drinks with Maddie tonight. | 我知道你今晚要和玛蒂喝两杯了 |
[18:23] | – You do? – I make it my business to know. | -你知道 -我总有办法知道 |
[18:26] | That is a scary thought. | 那还真可怕 |
[18:27] | She’s heard the rumors about Peter | 她听说了彼得那些谣言 |
[18:28] | – and she needs to know it’s a lie. – So tell her. | -她想确定只是谣传 – 那你告诉她 |
[18:31] | No, she needs to hear it from his wife. | 不行 她想听他妻子亲口说 |
[18:33] | She knows I lie for a living. | 她知道我靠撒谎混饭吃 |
[18:34] | If you tell her, she’ll believe you. | 如果是你告诉她的 她会相信你 |
[18:35] | This is a friendly drink, Eli. | 今晚只是朋友之间小酌两杯 伊莱 |
[18:37] | I’m not going to turn this into a political thing. | 我不会加进什么政治目的的 |
[18:38] | Then don’t. Tell her as a friend. | 那就不要 只是作为朋友告诉她 |
[18:42] | Okay, here’s what I’m gonna do: | 行了 我会这么办 |
[18:44] | if she brings it up, I will confirm that it is a lie, | 如果她提起这件事 我会肯定那是谣言 |
[18:47] | but I’m not going to bring it up out of the blue. | 但不会是我主动提出来 |
[18:48] | Alicia, please. | 艾丽西娅 拜托了 |
[18:50] | She will not bring it up. | 她不会提的 |
[18:52] | Take what you can get, Eli. | 你见好就收吧 伊莱 |
[18:55] | What do you think of Cary Agos? | 你怎么看凯里·艾格斯 |
[18:57] | What do I think? I think he’s great. | 我怎么看 我觉得他不错 |
[19:00] | You like him? | 你喜欢他 |
[19:00] | Yes. Very much. | 是的 很喜欢 |
[19:02] | I’m the one who suggested the firm hire him. | 是我提议律所聘请他的 |
[19:03] | Good. That’s all. | 很好 就这样 |
[19:07] | Is there anyone else you’d like to talk about, Mr. Hayden? | 你还想谈谈其他人吗 海登先生 |
[19:10] | No, just Cary. | 没了 只是凯里 |
[19:13] | Here we go, Cary. | 看看 凯里 |
[19:14] | Your new office. | 你的新办公室 |
[19:16] | My office– this is Alicia’s office. | 我的…这是艾丽西娅的办公室 |
[19:19] | It was Alicia’s office. | 它曾经属于艾丽西娅 |
[19:20] | Now it’s both of yours. | 现在你们俩共享 |
[19:22] | Hello, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[19:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:27] | – Hi, Cary. – Alicia. | -你好呀凯里 -艾丽西娅 |
[19:29] | So, this should work out fine. | 希望你们相处愉快 |
[19:32] | Thank you for understanding. | 承蒙谅解 |
[19:36] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[19:37] | I-I didn’t ask for this. | 我…这不是我要求的 |
[19:39] | I know. Really. Welcome, Eli. | 说真的 我明白 欢迎你伊莱 |
[19:42] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[19:43] | I’m… losing my mind. | 我…有点昏头了 |
[19:44] | It probably isn’t for me. | 应该不是因为我吧 |
[19:47] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[19:47] | Oh, yes, Kalinda. | 你好 凯琳达 |
[19:49] | We need to get to the killer, wayne Crockett, | 我们需要和凶手韦恩·克罗克特谈谈 |
[19:52] | find out whether he knew the victim was gay. | 看看他是否知道受害人是同性恋 |
[19:54] | – He’s at Tamms. – Cary Agos. | -他在汤玛斯监狱 -凯里·艾格斯 |
[19:55] | – Yeah. – Oh, yeah, good. | -是的 -好的 |
[19:57] | – When can you meet? – We’re not going at him too late. | -我们什么时候见 -我们必须早点和他谈 |
[19:59] | No, we’ll make him see he’s bitten off more than he can chew. | 不 要让他知道他当了冤大头 |
[20:01] | He doesn’t want a hate crime charge | 他会跟我们一样 |
[20:03] | – any more than we do. – Look, I’m gonna try… | -不想被指控为仇恨犯罪 -我想试着… |
[20:05] | What? | 你说什么 |
[20:06] | I was just saying I had to get a key. | 我只是说必须拿上钥匙 |
[20:08] | Oh. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:10] | Where are you, Kalinda? What case? | 凯琳达你在哪里 在忙什么案子 |
[20:12] | Nothing, it’s just something old. | 没什么 只不过是些旧案子 |
[20:13] | Look, I-I can’t speak now. | 我…我现在不方便说话 |
[20:14] | I’ll speak to you later. Bye. | 一会儿再谈 再见 |
[20:16] | Would you like to see the room? | 你想看看房间吗 |
[20:17] | Yes, please. | 是的 请带我去 |
[20:18] | Look, were you here on September 30? | 9月30日那天你在值班吗 |
[20:21] | I was. | 我在 |
[20:22] | It looks like I checked them in. | 好像就是我为他们办理登记入住 |
[20:24] | Oh, good. Great. | 好的 太棒了 |
[20:26] | Oh, this woman– do you recognize her? | 这位女士…你认得她吗 |
[20:28] | No. Who is it? | 不 她是谁 |
[20:29] | Indira Starr. | 尹迪拉·斯塔 |
[20:31] | She said she spent the night in the 15th floor suite. | 她说那晚她在15楼的套间过夜 |
[20:33] | Are you sure you don’t recognize her? | 你确定你不认得她 |
[20:35] | I am sure, but… | 我确定 但是… |
[20:38] | I don’t check in everyone. | 我又不是亲自登记每个人 |
[20:40] | Shall we? | 这边走 |
[20:41] | Mr. Gold was staying in the room next to Mr. Florrick, | 当晚戈德先生在福瑞克先生的隔壁 |
[20:44] | but the door between them was open, | 他们之间的房门是敞开的 |
[20:46] | and I just wanted to see if he had | 我只是想知道他是否 |
[20:48] | an unobstructed view of the bedroom. | 能看见卧室的全貌 |
[20:50] | Uh, actually… | 实际上 |
[20:52] | the connecting door wasn’t open. | 那扇门是关着的 |
[20:56] | It wasn’t? | 是吗 |
[20:58] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是 |
[20:59] | I mean our staff has to open the door connecting the rooms, | 我是说那扇门必须由员工打开 |
[21:02] | and there was no request. | 但他们没提出要求 |
[21:04] | Can’t the occupants open it on their own? | 住客不能自己打开吗 |
[21:06] | No, I’m sorry. | 对不起 不能 |
[21:10] | I’ve disappointed you. | 我让你失望了 |
[21:11] | No, um, it’s just not what I expected. | 不 只是事情和我想象的不一样 |
[21:15] | Still want to see the room? | 还想去看房间吗 |
[21:18] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[21:24] | What did you just do? | 你刚刚在做什么 |
[21:28] | Well, the 15th floor is the concierge floor. | 15楼是行政楼层[专供贵客入住] |
[21:31] | The guests are given a keycard to access it. | 客人上去得用通行卡 |
[21:35] | And someone on a lower floor isn’t given such a card? | 但是低层的客人没有这张卡吗 |
[21:38] | Concierge card? No. | 行政楼层的卡吗 没有 |
[21:39] | They have to pay for it. | 他们必须花钱买 |
[21:40] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[21:42] | Well, the campaign worker, Indira Starr, | 那个竞选工作人员 尹迪拉·斯塔 |
[21:43] | who was on the eighth floor, | 住在8楼 |
[21:45] | she said she went up to the 15th floor. | 她说她去了15楼 |
[21:47] | Is that possible? | 这可能吗 |
[21:49] | If she was given a concierge key, | 如果她有行政楼层通行卡的话 |
[21:51] | yes. | 当然有可能 |
[21:56] | I seem to have pleased you now. | 看来我现在让你满意了 |
[21:58] | You sure have, Ms. Ledger. | 当然 莱杰女士 |
[22:05] | – Pedro Almodvar. – Pedro… Manovedar. | -佩德罗·阿莫多瓦 -佩德罗…曼诺维达 |
[22:10] | Pedro Am… Am… | 佩德罗… |
[22:11] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[22:12] | No, I don’t… | 才没有 |
[22:13] | I’ve never said that name before. | 我从没说过那名字 |
[22:16] | Did we order these? | 这些是我们点的 |
[22:17] | No. | 不是 |
[22:18] | They just bring them. | 他们送的 |
[22:20] | They give rich people free things. | 他们喜欢免费招待富人 |
[22:23] | – They just give… – Yes. | -他们就这么送… -是的 |
[22:24] | They do. | 的确这样 |
[22:25] | – Um, apartment rooms, food, free computers… – Apartment rooms? | -公寓 食物 免费电脑 -公寓 |
[22:29] | Oh, wait, no. Hotel rooms, I meant. | 等下 我是说 宾馆房间 |
[22:31] | Free hotel rooms, cars, even. | 免费的宾馆房间 甚至汽车 |
[22:34] | It’s really very wrong. | 这种做法真不应该 |
[22:35] | Poor people have to pay for everything, | 穷人什么都得花钱买 |
[22:37] | and I am given stuff I could buy a hundred of. | 而我能成堆地买 人家却免费送 |
[22:39] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不要 不要 |
[22:40] | I won’t make it home. | 再喝我就回不了家了 |
[22:41] | Well, my driver can take you. | 我让司机送你回去 |
[22:46] | Why do you want to be my friend? | 你为什么想做我的朋友 |
[22:49] | – What? – Why do you want this, why are we here? | -什么 -你为什么这样 我们为什么来这里 |
[22:54] | I don’t know, do you not want to be here? | 不知道 你不想来这里吗 |
[22:56] | I just… I’m… | 我只是…我… |
[22:58] | I’m not very interesting. | 我不是个有趣的人 |
[23:00] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[23:03] | I’m… | 我… |
[23:09] | – What? – What? | -怎么了 -你说什么 |
[23:11] | You were gonna say something. What? | 你刚才欲言又止 怎么了 |
[23:12] | No, no. I, um… I don’t know. | 没什么 我…我不确定 |
[23:14] | I’m… I’m just an idiot. | 我…一时嘴拙 |
[23:16] | Oh, no, now you just have to say it. | 不 你必须要告诉我 |
[23:21] | Thank you for giving, um, to Peter’s campaign. | 谢谢你资助彼得的竞选 |
[23:27] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[23:29] | Was that it? | 你就是想说这个 |
[23:32] | I was questioned by a reporter | 有个记者问我 |
[23:34] | about Peter having an affair with a campaign worker. | 彼得是否跟一位竞选工作人员有染 |
[23:37] | And there were lots of questions about me, too. | 而且也问了很多关于我的事 |
[23:40] | Things like… how I supposedly | 比如 我是如何 |
[23:42] | approved of the affair. | 赞同他们乱搞的 |
[23:46] | So I just… | 所以我就 |
[23:48] | I wanted you to know what I’m going through. | 想让你知道我在经历着什么 |
[23:53] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:55] | That must be hard. | 你一定很艰辛 |
[23:57] | It is. | 是啊 |
[23:59] | Is there anything I can do? | 我能做什么吗 |
[24:00] | No, no, no. No. No. | 不 不 不用 |
[24:01] | I think, um, we’ve convinced the magazine | 我们应该已经让那杂志社的人 |
[24:03] | that the story’s false. | 明白这是假的了 |
[24:04] | Good. | 那就好 |
[24:11] | Did Eli tell you to say that? | 是伊莱让你说这事的 |
[24:13] | Did… what do you mean? | 什… 什么意思 |
[24:14] | Well, I expressed my concerns to him. | 我跟他说了我的担心 |
[24:17] | Did he ask you to speak to me? | 是不是他让你找我谈的 |
[24:21] | Yes. | 是 |
[24:24] | But I wanted to tell you anyway. | 但我确实想跟你倾诉 |
[24:27] | I-I did. | 真的 |
[24:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:51] | Guard says you’re with the Lawsons. | 警卫说你是劳森家的人 |
[24:53] | They’re the reason I’m in here. | 就是他们害我坐牢 |
[24:54] | Why am I gonna help them? | 我为什么要帮他们 |
[24:55] | So you don’t spend another 20 years in prison on a hate crime. | 为了你不因仇恨犯罪 在监狱里再呆20年 |
[25:00] | Maybe they haven’t told you. | 他们可能没告诉你 |
[25:01] | I’ve already been convicted. | 我已经被定罪了 |
[25:02] | They can’t charge me again. | 他们不能重复起诉我 |
[25:04] | No. Maybe they haven’t told you. | 不 他们可能没告诉你 |
[25:06] | Hate crime is a federal charge. | 仇恨犯罪由联邦起诉 |
[25:08] | They can charge you again. | 他们可以再次起诉你 |
[25:13] | Look, the school is saying that you killed Tre | 学校声称你杀了特瑞 |
[25:15] | because he was gay. | 是因为他是同性恋 |
[25:17] | Is that true? | 是这样吗 |
[25:18] | No. Tre wasn’t gay. | 不是 特瑞不是同性恋 |
[25:20] | Good. And you’ll swear to that in court? | 很好 你愿意出庭证明这一点吗 |
[25:23] | No, I’m not getting on a witness stand. | 不 我不会作为证人出庭 |
[25:26] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[25:27] | My lawyers don’t want me to. | 我的律师不想我这样做 |
[25:28] | There’s more that can go wrong than right. | 容易出状况 风险太大 |
[25:32] | Then help us. | 那就帮帮我们 |
[25:34] | Who can we speak to? | 我们还能找谁谈 |
[25:38] | Chad Minson. | 我叫查德·闵森 |
[25:39] | I’m a friend of Wayne Crockett’s. | 是韦恩·克罗克特的朋友 |
[25:41] | And what happened on the night | 请问在2011年8月26日的晚上 |
[25:43] | of August 26, 2011, Chad? | 发生了什么 查德 |
[25:45] | Wayne and I were in my room, playing Call of Duty. | 我和韦恩在我的房间 玩《使命召唤》 |
[25:47] | We left about 3:00 in the morning to go to a diner. | 大概凌晨3点离开房间去了餐馆 |
[25:49] | And did you have occasion to see Tre Lawson at that time? | 当时你碰巧见到特瑞·劳森了吗 |
[25:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[25:53] | He was coming out of Beth Alexander’s room. | 他正从贝思·亚历山大的房间里出来 |
[25:55] | – They were kissing. – And both you and Mr. Crockett saw this? | -他们在接吻 -你和克罗克特先生都看到了吗 |
[25:57] | Objection as to what Mr. Crockett saw. | 反对 关于克罗克特先生看到的内容 |
[25:59] | Uh, Mr. Minson, how do you know what Mr. Crockett saw? | 闵森先生 你怎么知道克罗克特先生看到了什么 |
[26:02] | ‘Cause we laughed about it. | 因为我们还笑了这事 |
[26:04] | Beth was hot, and Tre had no game, so… | 贝思很性感 而特瑞根本没戏 所以 |
[26:07] | we didn’t know how he pulled that. | 我们不知道他怎么把她搞到手的 |
[26:09] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[26:10] | Mr. Minson… | 闵森先生 |
[26:13] | what is your sexual preference? | 你的性取向是怎样的 |
[26:15] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[26:16] | And does Mr. Crockett know that? | 克罗克特先生是否知道此事 |
[26:17] | Objection as to what Mr. Crockett knows. | 反对 关于克罗克特先生所知内容 |
[26:20] | – I’ll allow it. – Yes. | -听他说完 -他知道 |
[26:21] | When I came out in tenth grade, | 十年级的时候我出柜了 |
[26:23] | he was one of the first people I told. | 他是我最先告知的人之一 |
[26:25] | And does Mr. Crockett… hate you? | 那么克罗克特先生 讨厌你了吗 |
[26:27] | No. | 没有 |
[26:28] | So does the accusation | 那么 你觉得 |
[26:29] | that Wayne killed Tre because he was gay | “韦恩杀了特瑞因为他是同性恋”的指控 |
[26:31] | seem odd to you? | 奇怪吗 |
[26:32] | – Objection! – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[26:34] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[26:34] | I think that puts this hate crime insanity to rest. | 应该不会有人继续疯子一样说这是仇恨犯罪了 |
[26:37] | No need to object. I’ll withdraw. | 不用反对了 我收回那句话 |
[26:45] | Thank you for inviting me to | 谢谢你们邀请我来到 |
[26:48] | the Regional Senior Center of Greater Morton Grove. | 莫顿沟地区老年人中心 |
[26:51] | Your work here is… | 你们在这里所做的一切… |
[26:55] | …extraordinary. | 相当杰出 |
[26:56] | And I know that my son, in his many years at… | 我确信我的儿子 在他多年来… |
[27:08] | …in his years at | 多年来在 |
[27:12] | the State’s Attorney’s Office | 州检察官办公室的工作中 |
[27:14] | has thought often of the | 一定经常想到 |
[27:16] | good people of Greater Morton Grove, especially… | 莫顿沟的好人们 尤其… |
[27:26] | …especially… | 尤其是… |
[27:31] | Uh, especially the seniors. | 尤其是老年人 |
[27:34] | And we’re going to need everybody’s help this weekend | 这个周末 请每个人出一份力 |
[27:37] | to make this straw poll a success. | 从而使得民意调查获得成功 |
[27:40] | It’s-it’s not just the… | 而这 这不只是… |
[27:48] | It’s not just… | 不只是… |
[27:51] | It’s… | 是… |
[27:54] | it’s not just the most dedicated voters | 不只是最热忱的选民 |
[27:57] | who-who matter at a… | 才…才会在民意调查中… |
[27:59] | at a straw poll. | 起重要作用 |
[28:03] | What is she doing? | 她在干什么 |
[28:04] | It’s… it’s a… | 而且 而是… |
[28:05] | – She did that throughout the whole thing? – Yeah. | -她一直就这状态吗 -是啊 |
[28:07] | Odd, huh? | 奇怪吧 |
[28:08] | This is because I cut her schedule. | 就因为我删减了她的演讲行程 |
[28:10] | She’s getting back at me. | 她在向我示威 |
[28:12] | I need to talk to that stupid… | 我要跟那个蠢到极点的… |
[28:13] | That was a terrific crowd. | 大家很欢迎我啊 |
[28:15] | Oh. There’s Mom. | 哦 这不是我妈么 |
[28:17] | What’s she doing? Is that the luncheon? | 她在干什么 这是那个午餐会吗 |
[28:19] | No, that’s something from today. | 不 这是今天的一个演讲 |
[28:21] | I’ve lost my place. | 我不知说到哪了 |
[28:23] | Yeah. How’s she doing? | 是吗 她怎么样 |
[28:24] | The straw poll… | 民意调查 |
[28:26] | Well, um… | 她在… |
[28:28] | struggling. | 受煎熬 |
[28:29] | Well, she needs to get her sea legs back. | 她还不太适应 |
[28:31] | By the way, she said you cut her speaking schedule. | 对了 她说你删减了她的演讲行程 |
[28:33] | Why don’t I head out? | 我还是先走吧 |
[28:37] | Did you? Did you, uh… | 有吗 你有没有… |
[28:39] | cut her schedule down? | 删减了她的行程 |
[28:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:42] | Jackie has… | 杰姬 |
[28:44] | tanked a few speeches. | 几个演讲表现得很糟糕 |
[28:47] | Really? I thought she seemed good. | 真的 我以为她表现很好呢 |
[28:50] | Peter, we discussed this at the beginning. | 彼得 一开始我们就说好了 |
[28:52] | I am the strategist. | 我是策略制定者 |
[28:54] | I have to be given leeway to decide strategy. | 得给我制定策略的余地 |
[28:57] | Yes, and I’m the candidate. | 没错 但我是候选人 |
[28:58] | And my mother’s had a stroke, | 我妈刚中了风 |
[29:00] | and she wants to be involved. | 她想要参与 |
[29:01] | Involve her. | 你就得让她参与 |
[29:04] | I’ll see what I can do. | 那我尽量吧 |
[29:07] | Mr. Minson. | 闵森先生 |
[29:08] | You testified that Mr. Crockett had no problem with gay people. | 你作证说克罗克特先生对同性恋没有意见 |
[29:12] | Do you know if he had any gay friends besides you? | 那你知道除了你他还有其他同性恋朋友吗 |
[29:15] | I don’t know. I never met any. | 我不知道 我没见过 |
[29:16] | Could it be he didn’t really view you as a gay friend, | 有没有可能他没把你当做同性恋朋友 |
[29:19] | he viewed you as a childhood friend? | 而是把你看作儿时玩伴 |
[29:21] | I guess. | 也许吧 |
[29:22] | You said that, uh, Tre had “No game” when it came to women. | 你说过 在女人的事情上特瑞”没戏” |
[29:26] | What did you mean by that? | 那是什么意思 |
[29:27] | He… he wasn’t exactly a man’s man. | 他 他并不是男子汉式的男人 |
[29:30] | Meaning he was effeminate. | 你的意思是他有点娘娘腔 |
[29:31] | You could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[29:32] | Did Wayne Crockett say that? | 韦恩·克罗克特也这么想吗 |
[29:33] | Objection. Hearsay. | 反对 这是传闻证据 |
[29:35] | I’ll rephrase. | 我重新问 |
[29:36] | Did you ever see Wayne mock Tre for being girlish? | 你有没有见过韦恩嘲笑特瑞的娘娘腔 |
[29:42] | Yes, but Wayne was just busting balls, you know? | 是有 但韦恩只是在开玩笑 |
[29:44] | Did Wayne make fun of other men for being girlish? | 韦恩有没有因娘娘腔嘲笑过其他男人 |
[29:46] | Your Honor, objection. | 法官阁下 反对 |
[29:49] | – One at a time. – This has become absurd. | -一个个说 -这太荒谬了 |
[29:51] | What happened to liability? | 说好的法律责任呢 |
[29:52] | Liability is dependent on whether it’s a hate crime or not. | 法律责任依据是否是仇恨犯罪而变化 |
[29:54] | But you keep changing the nature of the hate. | 但你的仇恨性质时时在变 |
[29:57] | First it was a hate crime against a gay man, | 开始是针对同性恋的仇恨犯罪 |
[29:59] | and now it’s a hate crime against men who are… | 现在你的仇恨犯罪针对的是… |
[30:03] | I shouldn’t put words in your mouth, Mr. Andrews. | 我不应该抢你的台词 安德鲁斯先生 |
[30:05] | How would you put it? | 你会怎么说 |
[30:06] | Swishy. | 脂粉气的 |
[30:07] | So now it’s a hate crime against “swishy” people, | 所以现在是针对”脂粉气”男人的仇恨犯罪 |
[30:10] | who are not gay. | 而不是同性恋 |
[30:12] | I’m alluding to effeminate mannerisms | 我提及的娘娘腔的举止 |
[30:12] | which the jury is entitled to conclude are a proxy for homosexuality. | 陪审团有权利推断它即是同性恋的替代词 |
[30:16] | Your Honor, a mannerism is not a protected class. | 法官阁下 行为举止并不属受保护的属类 |
[30:17] | 受保护的属类是美国反歧视法中的一个术语 指的是那些一旦被当作歧视和侵犯的理由即属违法的人的特征 如种族 年龄 | |
[30:18] | There are effeminate heterosexuals, | 有娘娘腔的异性恋者 |
[30:20] | and effeminate homosexuals, | 也有娘娘腔的同性恋者 |
[30:21] | which is why the essence of gayness is | 也就是同性行为的本质是 |
[30:23] | an actual sexual act. | 得有实际的性行为发生 |
[30:24] | So there’s no such thing as an abstinent gay man? | 就是说不存在禁欲的同性恋者 |
[30:27] | Or a gay man who marries a woman? | 也没有娶了女人的同性恋者 |
[30:32] | If an effeminate man marries a woman | 如果一个有娘娘腔的男人和女人结了婚 |
[30:35] | and doesn’t sleep with men, | 也不和男人上床 |
[30:36] | then yes, that man is not gay. | 那没错 他不是同性恋 |
[30:37] | And if someone kills an abstinent gay man, | 那如果有人谋杀了一个禁欲的同性恋者 |
[30:40] | you’re saying that’s not a hate crime? | 你认为这不是仇恨犯罪 |
[30:41] | We’re saying that you can’t commit a hate crime | 我们认为的是 行为举止 |
[30:43] | against a mannerism. | 不能引起仇恨犯罪 |
[30:44] | But you can if that mannerism is a proxy | 只要那个行为举止等同于 |
[30:46] | for a protected class. | 受保护的属类就可以了 |
[30:48] | Okay. Very provocative, Mr. Andrews. | 行了 辩得很有理 安德鲁斯先生 |
[30:51] | But as a matter of law, | 但作为法律问题 |
[30:52] | I don’t know if that’s true. | 我不知道这能不能成立 |
[30:55] | As my wife would say, | 就像我妻子说的 |
[30:56] | “The law can’t address everything.” | “法律不是万能的” |
[30:58] | Yes, but when the law can’t, | 是的 但当法律解决不了的时候 |
[31:01] | the jury must. | 陪审团就得担起责任 |
[31:03] | Yes. True. | 是的 没错 |
[31:05] | My wife would agree with that, too. | 我妻子也会同意的 |
[31:07] | I’m willing to say it’s a question of fact, | 我想说这是个有关事实 |
[31:09] | and the province of the jury. | 和陪审团职权的问题 |
[31:11] | I’ll allow. | 我批准了 |
[31:12] | What? | 什么 |
[31:13] | I said, I’ll allow. | 我说我批准了 |
[31:14] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官阁下 |
[31:16] | Is that a picture of your wife, there? | 那照片里的是您妻子吗 |
[31:19] | No. | 不是 |
[31:22] | Sorry. Thank you. | 抱歉 谢谢您 |
[31:24] | So. “Swishiness.” | 那么 “脂粉气质” |
[31:33] | No. | 不 |
[31:34] | But Jackie won’t listen to me. | 但杰姬不听我话啊 |
[31:36] | I’m not talking to her about campaign events. | 我不会和她谈竞选的事 |
[31:38] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅… |
[31:39] | They’re not gonna pursue this. | 他们不会追究这个的 |
[31:41] | If I have a record, | 如果我有了案底 |
[31:42] | I’m never gonna be able to get a nursing job. | 我这辈子也别想做护士了 |
[31:44] | Prostitution is a class four felony. | 卖淫只是四级重罪 |
[31:46] | Because you have no priors… | 而且你没有前科 |
[31:48] | Look, I’m just asking you | 听着 我只是要你帮我 |
[31:49] | to help me keep her on the reservation. | 让她不干什么出格的事 |
[31:51] | I have no leverage over her; you do. | 对她我没什么影响力 而你有 |
[31:53] | When did all these favors start multiplying? | 什么时候起这些个帮助开始没完没了的 |
[31:55] | Oh, right. How’d it go with Maddie? | 那好 和玛蒂谈得怎么样 |
[31:57] | Okay. I have to work. | 好吧 我得工作 |
[31:59] | You want to keep Jackie in line, give her something. | 你想让杰姬不越轨 就派她点活 |
[32:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:02] | Something that makes her feel valued. Important. Useful. | 让她觉得自己有价值 重要 有用 |
[32:05] | But she is none of those things. | 但她真心没价值啊 |
[32:06] | A point you made clear to her. | 你的确让她觉得自己没价值 |
[32:09] | Now… un-make it. | 现在… 你得让她觉得有价值 |
[32:12] | – Yeah, who’s this? – Alicia Florrick’s desk. | -你是谁 -我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[32:14] | – We’ll get you probation. – What? | -我们会帮你得到缓刑 -什么 |
[32:16] | – Okay. – You keep your nose clean. | -好的 -你不惹麻烦 |
[32:17] | – No, no, Kalinda’s on it. – That’s great! | -不是 凯琳达在办 -太好了 |
[32:18] | You wait a few years, you come back… | 等个几年 重新开始 |
[32:19] | Just make sure you get it on tape. | 确保录了音 |
[32:20] | – …we’ll get the conviction expunged. – Are you sure? | -…定罪就能勾销 -你确定吗 |
[32:22] | And get the file over to me as soon as you can. | 尽快把文件传给我 |
[32:23] | It’ll be like the arrest never happened. | 这次逮捕会像没有发生过一样 |
[32:24] | No, he should be cooperative. | 不会 他应该会很合作的 |
[32:25] | Yes, of course, not a problem. | 是的 当然 没问题 |
[32:26] | – He doesn’t want a… – What? | -他不会想要… -什么 |
[32:27] | Do you need me to talk louder? | 要我大点声吗 |
[32:29] | No, this should pick it up. | 不用 机器会分辨出来 |
[32:30] | Um, thanks, this really helps with my notes. | 谢谢 记了很多有用的笔记 |
[32:32] | Oh, no problem. I have nothing to hide. | 没问题 我没什么要隐瞒的 |
[32:34] | You said you slept with Peter Florrick | 你说你和彼得·福瑞克9月30日 |
[32:36] | at his suite at the St. Martin Hotel | 在他圣马丁宾馆的套房里 |
[32:39] | – on September the 30th. – Yes. | -上过床 -是的 |
[32:42] | – And how did you guys meet? – Well, there was a rally | -你们是怎么认识的 -那天有场集会 |
[32:44] | at the Springfield Fairgrounds that day, | 就在春田游乐场 |
[32:45] | I volunteered to register voters. | 我是负责登记选民的志愿者 |
[32:47] | Peter and I just kind of… hit it off. | 彼得和我可以说是…一见钟情 |
[32:50] | What did you talk about? | 你们聊了什么 |
[32:52] | Oh, stuff. | 就随便聊聊 |
[32:53] | I said I was hoping to go to law school. | 我跟他说我想上法学院 |
[32:55] | He gave me his room number, | 他给了我他的房间号 |
[32:56] | told me to swing by after 10:00 to discuss career options. | 让我十点以后去找他谈谈职业选择 |
[32:59] | And this was his room on the 15th floor? | 就是他在15楼的房间吗 |
[33:01] | – Yes. – And you’re on? | -是的 -那你在几楼 |
[33:03] | Oh, the eighth floor. All the workers were. | 8层 所有工作人员都在8楼 |
[33:05] | Okay. So you went up to his suite at what time? | 好 你几点去的他房间 |
[33:09] | Around 11, I guess. | 11点左右 我记得 |
[33:11] | – And did you have a key to his room? – No. | -你有他房间的钥匙吗 -没有 |
[33:13] | The plan was just to knock on his door, | 我们说好 我只需敲门 |
[33:15] | and he would let me in. | 然后他会给我开门 |
[33:17] | Okay, good. | 明白 好 |
[33:18] | Oh, uh, was anybody else with you | 你上楼的时候 |
[33:19] | in the elevator when you went up? | 电梯里有其他人吗 |
[33:22] | No, I made sure I was alone. | 没有 我确定只有我自己后才上去的 |
[33:23] | I didn’t want anyone else to see me. | 我不想被任何人看到 |
[33:25] | Of course. | 理解 |
[33:26] | Uh, how did you get the concierge key? | 你怎么拿到行政楼层通行卡的 |
[33:31] | How did I…? What do you mean? | 怎么拿到… 什么意思 |
[33:34] | The concierge key– how-how did you get it? | 行政楼层通行卡 你怎么拿到的 |
[33:37] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是什么 |
[33:39] | You pushed for the 15th floor, right? | 你按下了15楼的按钮 对吗 |
[33:41] | When you went into the elevator, you didn’t do anything else. | 上电梯以后 你没进行其他任何操作 |
[33:44] | – Right. – See, the problem is, | -是的 -你看 问题在于 |
[33:45] | Mr. Florrick was staying on the concierge floor, | 福瑞克先生住在行政楼层 |
[33:48] | and you can’t gain access to that floor | 而你没有去那个楼层的权限 |
[33:50] | unless you have a special card key, | 除非你拿到一张特殊的门卡 |
[33:51] | or unless you went up with someone in the elevator who did. | 或者你和一个有门卡的人一起坐电梯上去 |
[33:56] | But I was there. | 但我的确去了他房间 |
[33:57] | No, you weren’t. You couldn’t have been. | 不 你没有 你没办法上去 |
[34:00] | Well, wait, maybe there was someone else on the elevator, | 等等 可能电梯里的确有其他人 |
[34:03] | going to the 15th floor. | 也是去15楼的 |
[34:05] | – Indira, you’re lying. – No, I’m not. | -尹迪拉 你在说谎 -不 我没有 |
[34:07] | Yes, you are. | 有 你在说谎 |
[34:09] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 你猜怎么着 |
[34:10] | I don’t want to talk to you anymore. | 我不想和你谈了 |
[34:12] | I think it’s fairly clear | 我认为事实很清楚 |
[34:14] | that Ms. Starr has fabricated this story. | 整件事就是斯塔小姐在造谣 |
[34:16] | Or she simply forgot about the concierge key. | 没准她只是忘了行政楼层卡这回事 |
[34:18] | Or she’s really an alien impersonating Miss Starr. | 没准她其实是个乔装成斯塔小姐的外星人 |
[34:21] | Either way, I think you’re a little | 不管怎样 我觉得你有点 |
[34:22] | too close to this story, Mandy. | 太把这篇报道当回事了 曼蒂 |
[34:24] | So are you. | 你也一样 |
[34:26] | The tape’s not conclusive either way. | 这段录音并不能证明什么 |
[34:28] | Ms.Sharma, what did you observe | 夏尔马小姐 你对斯塔小姐的言谈举止 |
[34:31] | about Ms.Starr’s demeanor? | 有什么观察 |
[34:32] | She was nervous. | 她很紧张 |
[34:33] | Covering for an obvious gap in the narrative. | 努力掩饰她陈述中的漏洞 |
[34:35] | So in your opinion? | 所以你怎么认为 |
[34:36] | She was lying. | 她在说谎 |
[34:37] | – I don’t have any doubt about it. – I do. | -我非常确定 -我有疑问 |
[34:39] | There are other indicia of reliability here. | 还有其他可靠迹象可以证明此事 |
[34:41] | Merely because an investigator with an agenda | 仅仅因为一个有目的的调查员 |
[34:44] | catches a young girl up in an inconsistency… | 抓住了一个年轻女孩的小破绽… |
[34:46] | Richard, can I have a word? | 理查德 能单独跟你说句话吗 |
[34:49] | Look, I played ball. | 听着 我诚心与你们合作 |
[34:51] | I made the Florricks available. | 我让福瑞克腾出时间 |
[34:53] | Peter sat down with Mandy twice. | 接受了两次曼蒂的采访 |
[34:54] | We appreciate that. | 我们很感激 |
[34:56] | Then you should appreciate that they denied the affair. | 那你们就应该感激他们否认了这个绯闻 |
[34:58] | At the end of the day, all you have is | 到最后 你手里掌握的 |
[34:59] | some young woman’s uncorroborated allegations | 不过是个年轻女人未经证实的指控 |
[35:01] | which we have gutted. | 而且已经被我们找出漏洞 |
[35:03] | Here’s where you tell me | 这时候你该对我说 |
[35:04] | you have a lawsuit waiting in the wings. | 你已准备好起诉了 |
[35:06] | Oh, I wouldn’t insult you, Richard. | 我不想冒犯你 理查德 |
[35:08] | This isn’t your first time at the rodeo. | 这不是你第一次参与竞选活动 |
[35:10] | And it’s not mine. | 我也不是初出茅庐 |
[35:12] | What this comes down to is facts. | 归根结底 最站得住脚的是证据 |
[35:15] | And you don’t have them. | 而你没有任何证据 |
[35:21] | So you’re serving time for drowning Tre Lawson? | 你因为淹死特瑞·劳森而在服刑 对吗 |
[35:24] | Yes. | 对 |
[35:26] | Your friend says you didn’t like him. | 你的朋友说你不喜欢他 |
[35:28] | Yes, it’s true, I didn’t like Tre. | 是的 我的确不喜欢特瑞 |
[35:30] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[35:31] | He was cheap. | 他很小气 |
[35:32] | He’d make snide comments about people’s clothing. | 还爱讽刺别人的穿着 |
[35:34] | Whine about two-a-day practices. | 一天内训练两次他就会抱怨 |
[35:36] | Anything else? | 还有其他原因吗 |
[35:37] | He was arrogant. | 他很傲慢 |
[35:39] | Treated me like I wasn’t black enough. | 认为我黑得不够纯粹 |
[35:41] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[35:42] | I come from the suburbs. | 我来自郊区 |
[35:43] | He’s from the South Side of Chicago. | 他来自芝加哥南部 |
[35:45] | He’d call me an Oreo. Say I’m not authentic. | 他管我叫奥利奥 说我不是纯种的 |
[35:49] | Did any of your hostility towards him stem from | 你对他的敌意 有没有源于对他 |
[35:52] | – behavior you thought was effeminate? – No. | -娘娘腔行为的厌恶 -没有 |
[35:55] | My only problem with Tre was that | 我唯一不喜欢特瑞的原因就是 |
[35:57] | he was a jerk. | 他是个混蛋 |
[35:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:00] | “Oreo” | “奥利奥” |
[36:02] | Used like that, it’s mighty offensive, isn’t it? | 这么称呼你 真是极其无礼 是不是 |
[36:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:06] | Which fraternity did you belong to? | 你是哪个兄弟会的 |
[36:09] | Omega Delta Omega. | ΩΔΩ兄弟会 |
[36:10] | – The black fraternity, right? – Yes. | -黑人的兄弟会 是吧 -是的 |
[36:13] | Would you say the kids in your fraternity | 你们兄弟会的成员 是像你这样浅黑肤色 |
[36:15] | are light-skinned like you or dark-skinned like Tre? | 还是像特瑞那样深黑色皮肤呢 |
[36:18] | Your honor, objection. | 法官阁下 反对 |
[36:19] | What hate crime is the defense selling today? | 辩方律师今天又想以哪种仇恨犯罪辩护呢 |
[36:22] | Black-on-black. | 黑对黑种族主义 |
[36:24] | Wow, they’re just relentless. | 他们真是不撞南墙不回头 |
[36:25] | He has a theory of the case | 他对于这案子有自己的理论 |
[36:26] | and he’s looking for the facts to satisfy it. | 现在他要搜集证据来证实他的理论 |
[36:28] | Unfortunately, the judge is letting him run with it. | 不幸的是 法官也由着他这么干 |
[36:31] | So black-on-black hate crime? Hmm. | 所以这回变成黑对黑种族主义仇杀案了 |
[36:33] | And you think there’s truth to it? | 你们觉得事实的确如此吗 |
[36:34] | They were in rival fraternities, | 他们属于敌对的兄弟会 |
[36:36] | and there were previous fights. | 他们曾经打过架 |
[36:39] | – But that’s good. – Why? What do you mean? | -这很好 -为什么 什么意思 |
[36:41] | It’s good that there were fights. | 曾经打过架 这很好 |
[36:43] | You’re losing me. | 我不太懂你的意思 |
[36:44] | This isn’t about a hate crime. | 这和仇恨犯罪无关 |
[36:46] | This is about liability. | 而是关于责任 |
[36:51] | Put the coach back on the stand. | 重新传唤教练出庭 |
[36:54] | I’ll take him. | 我来 |
[37:01] | Coach Shank, in its 50-year existence, | 尚克教练 水球队 |
[37:05] | the water polo team never had members of | 自成立的50年来 |
[37:07] | both Omega Delta Omega and Pi Gamma Phi on its roster | 从没同时聘用ΩΔΩ和πγφ |
[37:12] | at the same time. Why is that? | 这两个兄弟会的人 这是为什么呢 |
[37:13] | We’ve only had a handful of black athletes | 在水球项目的历史上 |
[37:16] | in the program’s history. | 我们的黑人运动员不多 |
[37:17] | So you weren’t aware of animosity | 那么你没有意识到 |
[37:19] | between these two fraternities? | 这两个兄弟会之间存在的敌意 |
[37:20] | I was not. | 没有 |
[37:22] | This is a 2008 report | 这是一份2008年的报告 |
[37:24] | by CPT’s J.A. citing Pi mmmma Phi and Omega Delta Omega for their role in | 里面有πγφ和ΩΔΩ兄弟会 |
[37:29] | a bowling alley brawl. | 在保龄球馆斗殴的记录 |
[37:32] | Is that you on the distribution list? | 你的名字在发送名单中 对吧 |
[37:36] | Yeah. But I don’t remember receiving it. | 是的 但我不记得收到过 |
[37:38] | Were you aware that Wayne Crockett was a member of Omega Delta Omega? | 你知道韦恩·克罗克特是ΩΔΩ的成员吗 |
[37:42] | – Yes. – Were you aware that | -是的 -那你知道 |
[37:43] | Tre Lawson pledged Pi Gamma Phi a week before his death? | 特瑞·劳森在他被杀一周前 加入πγφi吗 |
[37:47] | No. | 不知道 |
[37:50] | This picture | 这张照片 |
[37:51] | was posted on | 发布在 |
[37:53] | Tre Lawson’s Facebook memorial page. | 悼念特瑞·劳森的脸谱网上 |
[37:57] | It’s a photo of a recent team practice, right? | 这是一张团队练习的近照 对吗 |
[38:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:01] | The person just to your left is Tre Lawson. | 站在你左边的是特瑞·劳森 |
[38:04] | Could you tell the jury | 你可以告诉陪审团 |
[38:05] | what the insignia on his shirt says? | 他衣服上的标志是什么吗 |
[38:11] | πγφ Pi Gamma Phi. | |
[38:12] | Your Honor, I’m not sure what Ms. Lockhart’s point is. | 法官阁下 我不太懂洛克哈特女士的意思 |
[38:15] | Mr. Andrews convinced the court to let him present | 法庭同意安德鲁斯先生向陪审团 |
[38:17] | his black-on-black hate crime theory to the jury. | 提出他的黑人之间的仇恨犯罪理论 |
[38:21] | So if Coach Shank knew | 如果尚克教练知道 |
[38:23] | that the victim and perpetrator belonged | 受害人与行凶者是分属于 |
[38:25] | – to rival organizations… – Wait a minute. | -两个敌对的团体的话 -等等 |
[38:26] | You can’t prove Mr. Crockett drowned Mr. Lawson | 你不能证明克罗克特先生溺杀劳森 |
[38:29] | because he was black. | 是因为他是黑人 |
[38:30] | Actually, Mr. Andrews, | 事实上 安德鲁斯先生 |
[38:32] | you already did. | 你已经证明了 |
[38:34] | All Ms. Lockhart proved | 洛克哈特女士想证明的是 |
[38:35] | was that the university knew about the animus. | 整个大学都知道那两个兄弟会之间有分歧 |
[38:40] | Step back. | 退下吧 |
[38:46] | How much? | 多少 |
[38:47] | $6 million. Our original ask. | 还是原来那个价 六百万 |
[38:55] | You seem pretty happy with yourself. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[38:58] | I like the law. | 太爱法律了 |
[39:02] | We’re gonna get our firm back. | 我们会把律所保下来的 |
[39:04] | Then we’re gonna go after Louis Canning’s firm, | 然后我们设法收购路易斯·坎宁的律所 |
[39:07] | then we’re gonna open up a branch in New York | 然后我们在纽约和华盛顿 |
[39:09] | and D.C. | 开分所 |
[39:12] | It feels pretty good, doesn’t it? | 感觉很不错吧 |
[39:14] | What’s that, winning? | 指什么 成功吗 |
[39:15] | No. Nothing to lose. | 不 没有什么可以失去了 |
[39:19] | Welcome to the lifeboat. | 欢迎登上救生艇 |
[39:42] | Okay, you hand them the T-shirts, | 好了 你把T恤衫 |
[39:44] | you give them the tickets, | 和选票给他们 |
[39:45] | you walk them to the ballot. Understand? | 再陪同他们走到投票箱 懂了吗 |
[39:47] | – Do not take anyone for granted. – Eli, it’s Mandy. | -对任何人都不能放松 -伊莱 曼蒂找你 |
[39:49] | You walk them all the way. | 你们要全程陪同他们 |
[39:51] | Okay, spread out. | 好了 开工 |
[39:56] | Two months I worked on that story, Eli. | 伊莱 我花了两个月时间在这个故事上 |
[39:58] | You managed to kill it with one conversation. Nice work. | 你一次谈话就把它砍掉了 真干净利落 |
[40:00] | Oh, Mandy, I know you think I must relish this moment, | 曼蒂 我知道你以为我很享受这个时刻 |
[40:03] | but it gives me no pleasure wasting my time | 但是浪费我的时间来证明 |
[40:06] | to prove you wasted yours. | 你在浪费时间一点也没意思 |
[40:08] | Here, have a sausage. | 给 吃些香肠吧 |
[40:10] | She was a naive 25-year-old, | 她是个天真的25岁女孩 |
[40:11] | who was overcome by the occasion. | 只是被形势所迫 |
[40:12] | I still stand by my story. | 我还是坚持我的故事 |
[40:14] | Mm-hmm. Really? I gotta go. | 真的吗 我得先离开了 |
[40:18] | Hello, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 你好 |
[40:21] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[40:22] | The two of us, | 我们两个 |
[40:24] | I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye, | 我知道 有时我们的看法相悖 |
[40:26] | but I just want you to know how much… | 我只是希望你知道我有多么 |
[40:29] | I’m sorry I doubted you, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 很抱歉 我怀疑你 |
[40:33] | Standing by Peter the way you’re doing. | 你这样支持彼得 |
[40:36] | He needs you now. And I’m just… | 他现在需要你 我真的 |
[40:38] | I’m just so glad you’re there for him. | 我真的很高兴 你能在这支持他 |
[40:41] | Thank you… Jackie. | 谢谢你 杰姬 |
[40:51] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[40:53] | What? | 什么 |
[40:54] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[41:05] | Hello? | 你好 |
[41:06] | – Mr. Eli Gold? – Who’s this? | -是伊莱·戈德先生吗 -你是谁 |
[41:08] | Jimmy V. I run a political blog. | 杰米·威 政治博客的博主 |
[41:10] | Oh, well, let me get you our press secretary. | 我让新闻秘书联系你 |
[41:12] | No, that’s all right. | 不 不用了 |
[41:14] | I’m about to publish a story saying | 我要发表一篇文章 |
[41:16] | a national magazine is sitting on a piece | 是关于一家国家级杂志扣下 |
[41:17] | accusing Peter Florrick of sleeping with a campaign worker. | 彼得·福瑞克和助选员外遇的文章不发表 |
[41:21] | I’d like to get a quote from the campaign. | 我想要知道你们对此事的看法 |
[41:25] | – Did I lose you? – No. | -你还在听吗 -在 |
[41:27] | Where are you getting this? | 你是从哪里得到的消息 |
[41:28] | An anonymous tip. | 匿名者 |
[41:30] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[41:31] | Well, it’s a lie and it’s defamatory. | 这是一则诽谤中伤的谎言 |
[41:35] | And if I were you, Jimmy V., | 杰米·威 如果我是你的话 |
[41:37] | I would take a breath before you post anything actionable. | 发表会引起诉讼的文章前 我会三思的 |
[41:40] | Is that your quote? | 这就是你的评论吗 |
[41:42] | What’s the blog? | 博客网址是什么 |
[41:43] | PoorAnarchy.com. All one word. | PoorAnarchy.com 就一个词 |
[41:46] | Never heard of it. | 从没听说过 |
[41:46] | You will. In about one hour. | 你会听说的 在一个小时以后 |