时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:28] | Afghanistan. | 阿富汗 |
[00:31] | Iraq? | 伊拉克 |
[00:32] | Excuse me? | 请问你是… |
[00:34] | Coalition of the Willing. | 自愿联盟的 |
[00:35] | Basra. | 巴士拉 |
[00:38] | What division? | 哪个部队的 |
[00:40] | 2nd Battalion, Royal Welsh. | 第二营 皇家威尔士 |
[00:45] | You were testing me, weren’t you? | 你在测试我 对吧 |
[00:47] | Thought I was lying. | 以为我在撒谎 |
[00:48] | Never. | 没有 |
[00:50] | Here you go. | 你请坐 |
[00:52] | I’m fine. | 不用 |
[00:52] | No, you’re all right. | 不 你坐吧 |
[00:53] | I can’t sit while a woman’s standing. | 不能看女人站着我坐着 |
[00:55] | Hey, move it. Idiot. | 起来 蠢蛋 |
[00:58] | How gallant. Thank you. | 真有风度 谢谢 |
[01:04] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[01:08] | Ah, Mr. Saverese. | 赛弗里斯先生 |
[01:09] | I was just coming for you. | 我正要找你 |
[01:10] | Great, I was just ready to be come for. | 很好 我刚准备好被找 |
[01:13] | So, you feeling good, Alicia? | 感觉不错嘛 艾丽西娅 |
[01:15] | Feeling lucky? | 很幸运吧 |
[01:16] | Ah, about the bid. | 你说竞标的事啊 |
[01:18] | Um, yes, I think you’re in very good shape, Mr. Saverese. | 对 我觉得你状态很好 赛弗里斯先生 |
[01:20] | I’m on hold. | 我在等着 |
[01:21] | “You’re”? What happened to “we’re”? | 是”你”吗 怎么不是”我们” |
[01:23] | I get this 25 million for the city’s tow truck business, | 我在政府的拖车项目中获利2500万 |
[01:26] | that’s five percent to you. | 你们可以得到5%分成 |
[01:27] | I think we’re in very good shape, Mr. Saverese. | 我觉得我们状态都很好 赛弗里斯先生 |
[01:32] | Yes. Hello? | 对 你好 |
[01:33] | No, this is Cary. Yes. | 不 我是凯里 对 |
[01:36] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[01:37] | Don’t do this. | 别这样 |
[01:38] | Okay, well, find out more. | 好的 继续找 |
[01:43] | It went to Streckler Automotive. | 被斯特克勒汽车公司拿下了 |
[01:45] | I’m going to sue them. | 我要起诉他们 |
[01:46] | They said it was a close bid. You were second. | 他们说结果很接近 你是第二名 |
[01:48] | I don’t care if I was eighth. | 就算是第八名也无所谓 |
[01:50] | They cheated. I had a black partner. | 他们作弊 我可有个黑人搭档 |
[01:53] | Well, they had diversity, too. | 他们也很多元 |
[01:54] | And a female partner. | 有个女性搭档 |
[01:55] | Okay, this is what I want to do. | 好了 我打算这么做 |
[01:56] | I want you to check out | 你去查查 |
[01:57] | Streckler and Doo-Dah– whatever they’re called– | 斯特克勒和那什么 管他叫什么 |
[02:00] | because they paid somebody off. | 因为他们行贿了 |
[02:01] | You paid somebody off. | 你也行贿了 |
[02:02] | Whose side are you on? | 你是哪边的啊 |
[02:03] | I paid somebody off because they were. | 他们行贿我才行贿的 |
[02:06] | All right? | 可以吗 |
[02:15] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[02:17] | Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 |
[02:19] | Um, why are you here? | 您怎么在这 |
[02:21] | To court-martial you. | 来带你去军事法庭 |
[02:24] | To see Alicia Florrick. | 来看艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[02:26] | Well, does she know you’re here? | 她知道您来了吗 |
[02:27] | I gave my name. | 我登记了 |
[02:28] | Yes, but I don’t… I mean, maybe she didn’t… | 对 但我不…她可能还不… |
[02:32] | Come-come with me. | 跟我来吧 |
[02:36] | Are you Maddie Hayward, the CEO? | 你是玛蒂·海沃德吗 那个首席执行官 |
[02:39] | Yes, I am. | 对 我是 |
[02:40] | Mandy Post, Synth Magazine. | 我是曼蒂·珀斯特 合成杂志社的 |
[02:42] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[02:44] | Sorry– once a reporter, always a reporter. | 抱歉 一日记者 终生难改 |
[02:46] | Given your support for Peter Florrick, | 鉴于你在支持彼得·福瑞克 |
[02:47] | do you have any comment on this story | 你对他跟竞选工作人员上床这事 |
[02:49] | that he slept with a campaign worker? | 有何看法 |
[02:52] | Judge Kuhn… | 库恩法官 |
[02:53] | I’m surprised. | 没想到您会来 |
[02:54] | Yes, Mrs. Florrick, this was a bit spontaneous. | 是的 福瑞克女士 是有些唐突 |
[02:59] | I don’t need you, Mr. Gardner. | 不需要你在这 加德纳先生 |
[03:00] | Um, he’s a partner. | 他是合伙人 |
[03:02] | I’m only a fourth year. | 我只是个四年律师 |
[03:02] | I know. But I don’t need you. | 我知道 但我不需要你 |
[03:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:07] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[03:13] | I was on a judicial panel | 我参加了一个专案审判组 |
[03:14] | studying the mainstreaming of gender in the military, | 主审关于军队性别主流化的案件 |
[03:17] | and there was a speaker | 但有个申诉者的问题 |
[03:18] | who had an issue our panel could not address. | 我们无法裁决 |
[03:21] | I would like you to meet her. | 希望你能见见她 |
[03:23] | – You would like me… – Yes. | -你希望我… -对 |
[03:25] | She’s a member of the JAG Corps, | 她是军法署的成员 |
[03:26] | and she was attacked last year while in Afghanistan. | 去年在阿富汗时被袭 |
[03:29] | In what way attacked? | 怎么被袭的 |
[03:30] | By a man on the base. | 在总部被一个男人袭击 |
[03:32] | He tried to rape her. | 他企图强奸她 |
[03:34] | – And you want me to… – Represent her. | -你想让我… -做她的代表律师 |
[03:39] | I’m sorry, I find myself a little lost here, Your Honor. | 抱歉 我有点迷糊 法官阁下 |
[03:42] | She needs a lawyer, but she’s a military lawyer. | 她需要一名律师 但她本身就是军事律师 |
[03:44] | – Yes. – Is she in trouble? | -对 -她有麻烦在身吗 |
[03:45] | No. She’s suing. | 不 她在起诉 |
[03:47] | Who is she suing? She can’t sue the military. | 起诉谁 她不能起诉军队 |
[03:49] | The attacker was an employee of Martinel Security, | 袭击者是马氏保安公司的雇员 |
[03:51] | one of the independent contractors in Afghanistan. | 该公司是在阿富汗的独立承包商之一 |
[03:54] | Given the evidence was deemed insufficient | 鉴于证据不足 |
[03:56] | for criminal prosecution, | 无法提起刑事诉讼 |
[03:58] | she decided to sue in civil court. | 她决定去民事法庭起诉 |
[04:00] | I see. | 明白了 |
[04:03] | And can I ask you why me? | 我能问下为什么找我吗 |
[04:05] | I didn’t think it went so well last time in court. | 我上次上庭的表现可不怎么样 |
[04:08] | Everyone deserves a second chance. | 人人都该有第二次机会 |
[04:14] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[04:17] | Ah, Mandy. | 曼蒂 |
[04:20] | Here to exercise your particular brand | 来这练习你的招牌新闻态度 |
[04:22] | of “gotcha” journalism? | “抓到你的小辫子咯”吗 |
[04:24] | We’re printing the story, Eli. | 我们要发表故事了 伊莱 |
[04:27] | You’re printing a story you know is untrue? | 你们要发表一篇明知其为不实的故事 |
[04:29] | No, we are printing a story that has become a topic of conversation. | 不 我们要发表一篇成为热议话题的故事 |
[04:32] | It’s only become a topic of conversation because | 成为热议话题都是因为 |
[04:34] | some blogger who lives in his mom’s apartment put it out there. | 某个住在老妈公寓的博主把它挂到网上 |
[04:36] | When did the mainstream media become such a bitch of the blogosphere? | 堂堂主流媒体什么时候也去博客圈干龌龊事了 |
[04:40] | Good quote. Want that in the online edition? | 很会引经据典嘛 想看看电子版吗 |
[04:42] | Go to hell. | 去死吧 |
[04:43] | We’re running the story on Monday, Eli. | 星期一正式见报 伊莱 |
[04:45] | And Maddie Hayward was here. | 玛蒂·海沃德刚才在这 |
[04:47] | Sh… what? | 她… 什么 |
[04:49] | Maddie Hayward was here? | 玛蒂·海沃德刚才在这 |
[04:50] | No, she left. | 别去了 她走了 |
[04:54] | She wasn’t here for you, Eli. | 她不是来找你的 伊莱 |
[04:59] | The figures for the discretionary fund… | 自主管理的基金数目… |
[05:02] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[05:03] | I am still a partner here. | 我还是这里的合伙人 |
[05:05] | You can’t just give away my office. | 你不可以就这么把我的办公室让出去 |
[05:06] | I can, and I did. | 我可以 我已经做了 |
[05:09] | Well, this sucks. | 太烂了 |
[05:11] | Diane, what is going on here? | 戴安 这是什么情况 |
[05:13] | Mr. Gold, you are on a campaign. | 戈德先生 你忙于竞选 |
[05:16] | The last time you used your office was two months ago. | 你上一次用办公室是两个月前了 |
[05:18] | We cannot afford a part-time lawyer taking up office space. | 让兼职律师占用办公空间 我们承担不起 |
[05:21] | No, you can’t afford to piss me off. | 不 惹恼我你才承担不起 |
[05:24] | My candidate wins, we bring millions of business here. | 等我的候选人获胜 能给这带来大笔生意 |
[05:26] | Your candidate wins, you’ll bring it here anyway. | 等你的候选人获胜 你怎样都得带生意过来 |
[05:28] | You have $250,000 in capital contribution, | 资本投入里有你25万 |
[05:31] | five percent of the yearly draw. | 每年获利5% |
[05:32] | You go somewhere else, you lose that. | 你要是去别处 这钱就没了 |
[05:41] | This is just stupid here. | 这太蠢了 |
[05:44] | All of September. | 整个九月 |
[05:56] | One, two… | 一 二 |
[06:00] | Captain Hellinger? | 海灵格上尉 |
[06:02] | This is the civilian lawyer we discussed, | 这是我跟你说过的民事律师 |
[06:04] | – Alicia Florrick. – Oh, yes. | -艾丽西娅·福瑞克 -对 |
[06:06] | Thank you, Colonel, but I’ve decided I’m fine on my own. | 谢谢你 上校 但我决定自己来就行了 |
[06:09] | I’m pursuing this pro se. | 我要自己处理这事 |
[06:11] | I understand. Good luck. | 我理解 祝你好运 |
[06:12] | One second, Mrs. Florrick. | 等一下 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:15] | You need her. | 你需要她 |
[06:16] | You need someone who knows civil court. | 你需要一位熟悉民事法庭的律师 |
[06:18] | I’m fine. | 我能行 |
[06:19] | I-I have to argue this brief in two hours, I can’t… | 我…我两小时后要开庭 不能… |
[06:21] | And that’s why you need her. | 所以你需要她 |
[06:23] | At least let her read the brief. | 至少让她看一下诉状 |
[06:26] | Mrs. Florrick, do you mind reading a motion to compel? | 福瑞克夫人 你介意看一下强制动议吗 |
[06:29] | – Actually, I don’t want to intrude. – You’re not intruding. | -实际上 我不想强行插手 -你没有 |
[06:32] | Captain. Ask her if she will read your brief. | 上尉 你亲自问她是否愿意看你的诉状 |
[06:39] | It’s just a motion to compel the production of a witness. | 这只是强制证人出庭的动议而已 |
[06:42] | Nothing too elaborate. | 没什么难的 |
[06:43] | I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[06:51] | I’m trying to keep it simple… | 我想尽量言简意赅… |
[07:06] | – Well? – It’s well-reasoned. | -怎么样 -理由很充分 |
[07:08] | Thank you. Any pointers? | 谢谢 请问有何指教 |
[07:09] | You won’t win the motion. | 你的动议会被否决 |
[07:13] | But you just said it was well-reasoned. | 你刚说了理由充分 |
[07:15] | Cook County judges don’t decide merely on reason. | 库克县的法官不会仅凭理由充分而做出裁决 |
[07:17] | They decide on fear of being overturned on appeal. | 害怕裁决在上诉中被推翻才是他们要考虑的 |
[07:20] | And they have nothing to fear here. | 但本案中他们没什么可以怕的 |
[07:22] | They can sense when something’s been written by a novice. | 他们能感觉到这是新手写的 |
[07:24] | Sorry, but that’s what you are. | 对不起 但你就是新手 |
[07:26] | I have 12 years in the JAG Corps. | 我在军法署工作了12年 |
[07:28] | Yes, and the judges will sense that. | 是的 法官能看出来 |
[07:30] | The writing is too perfect, too neat. | 你的文笔过于完美和流畅 |
[07:32] | You need to pull back on all the adjectives. | 你需要删掉所有的形容词 |
[07:34] | – Are you serious? – Yes. | -你认真的吗 -是的 |
[07:37] | What do you suggest, Mrs. Florrick? | 你有什么建议 福瑞克夫人 |
[07:39] | Well, this is a motion for Martinel Security | 这个动议要求马氏保安公司 |
[07:42] | to present your attacker in court for questioning? | 指派侵犯你的人出庭接受质询 |
[07:44] | Yes. Ricky Waters. | 是的 瑞奇·沃特斯 |
[07:45] | And you don’t know where Mr. Waters is being stationed in Afghanistan? | 你不知道沃特斯先生在阿富汗何处驻扎 |
[07:48] | They won’t respond to my discovery requests. | 他们不理会我的请求 |
[07:50] | Well, first, you don’t ask them. | 首先 不要问他们 |
[07:52] | They’ll lie either way. | 不管怎样他们都会撒谎 |
[07:54] | You find out yourself. | 你必须自己找到答案 |
[07:56] | And how do I do that? | 我要怎么做 |
[07:59] | Consultation’s over. | 咨询时间结束 |
[08:01] | Am I hired? | 我被雇用了吗 |
[08:04] | Thanks for doing this. | 谢谢你帮我 |
[08:05] | It comes out on Monday, so I need to be ready. | 文章会在下周一刊登 我必须准备好 |
[08:07] | I need something on the magazine or the editors or the writer. | 我需要杂志或编辑或作者的丑闻 |
[08:10] | They’re all Democrats, so it can’t be politics. | 他们都是民主党人 所以不能是政治方面的 |
[08:12] | Some bias in their background, | 可以是对他们背景的偏见 |
[08:13] | a job they didn’t get, a lawsuit. | 他们没得到的工作 或者是官司 |
[08:15] | Don’t worry if it’s obscure. | 模糊信息也无所谓 |
[08:16] | Just give me something I can build on. | 只要是我能拿来炒作的就可以 |
[08:18] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[08:20] | Are you here with me? | 你听到我的话了吗 |
[08:22] | Are you being investigated by the Feds? | 你正在接受联邦政府的调查么 |
[08:25] | No. I don’t know. Am I? Why? | 没有 我不知道 我有吗 为什么 |
[08:28] | Everybody’s investigated at some point or another. | 每个人都会因为一些事情被调查 |
[08:31] | Wh-Why? What are you hearing? | 怎…怎么了 你听到什么消息了 |
[08:33] | Well, I’m not hearing anything. | 我没听到任何消息 |
[08:35] | Okay, so what are we talking about? | 好的 所以你想说什么 |
[08:43] | Where’d you get this? | 你从哪儿弄到的 |
[08:44] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[08:47] | Well, what is it? | 它意味着什么 |
[08:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:49] | Kalinda, what the hell? | 凯琳达 搞什么 |
[08:50] | It’s from a federal investigation. | 它来自一桩联邦调查 |
[08:51] | The question is: Is this a photo about you or me? | 问题是 照片的主人公是你还是我 |
[08:59] | Address and telephone number. | 地址和电话 |
[09:00] | Wow. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:03] | You don’t seem happy. | 你看起来不高兴 |
[09:04] | It’s just… I’m just busy. | 只是因为…我太忙了 |
[09:07] | Your husband lost his bid. | 你的丈夫输掉了投标 |
[09:11] | He won’t be doing business in Chicago. | 他不会在芝加哥做生意了 |
[09:21] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[09:23] | I hope you’re staying cool… | 尽管11月的今天不同寻常的炎热 |
[09:25] | today on this unusually hot November day. | 我还是希望你们保持冷静 |
[09:27] | And, uh, I hope you don’t mind me saying, | 请别介意我这样说 |
[09:29] | “Global warming: one, skeptics: zero.” | 全球变暖一分 怀疑者零分 |
[09:35] | Anyway, um, I believe we have a motion to consider? | 言归正传 我们是否有一项动议要讨论? |
[09:38] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[09:39] | My client is suing the military contractor Martinel Security | 我当事人要起诉军事承包商马氏保安公司 |
[09:42] | for the actions of an employee who tried to rape her. | 该公司的一位员工试图强奸她 |
[09:44] | And I see that she herself is military personnel. | 我看到她本身是军职人员 |
[09:47] | Welcome. I have great respect for all those in uniform | 欢迎 尽管政府征兵的目的有待商榷 |
[09:50] | no matter how our government sees fit to employ them. | 我对军人仍怀着崇高的敬意 |
[09:53] | Now, let’s see. Oh, you were moving for the return | 现在回到案件 你想让身在国外的人 |
[09:56] | of a witness from overseas. | 回国出庭作证 |
[09:56] | Actually, your honor, there’s been new information. | 实际上 法官阁下 有点新情况 |
[09:58] | The witness, Ricky Waters, was transported back to the States | 证人瑞奇·沃特斯回国休假两周 |
[10:01] | on two-week leave, and is a mere 12 miles from here, in Northbrook. | 目前正在诺斯布鲁克 距此地仅19公里 |
[10:04] | Unfortunately, Martinel Security intends | 不幸的是 马氏保安公司打算 |
[10:07] | to deploy him to Afghanistan in 48 hours. | 48小时后派遣他到阿富汗 |
[10:09] | So this subpoena needs to be expedited. | 所以这次的听证会必须加急执行 |
[10:11] | Oh, is that true, Mr… | 如果这样… |
[10:13] | – Stabler? – Uh, Bucky, Your Honor. | -斯坦普勒先生 -法官阁下 叫我巴奇 |
[10:15] | Bucky, of course. Uh, is this true? | 当然 巴奇 情况属实吗 |
[10:18] | Actually, Your Honor, | 实际上 法官阁下 |
[10:19] | whether it’s true or not, we believe it’s irrelevant. | 不管是否属实 我们认为它与案件无关 |
[10:22] | Martinel Security is immune from all civil actions, | 马氏保安公司豁免于所有民事指控 |
[10:25] | including this subpoena. | 包括这次听证会 |
[10:26] | – They’re going for Feres. – And why is that? | -他们在说费尔法例 -为什么 |
[10:28] | Feres v. The United States, Your Honor. | 费尔诉美国政府一案 法官阁下 |
[10:31] | A serviceman or woman, | 一位正在服役的军人 |
[10:32] | such as the plaintiff, cannot sue the military. | 正如原告这样 不能起诉军方 |
[10:35] | Therefore, by extension, they cannot sue a contractor | 由此引申出 他们不能起诉承包商 |
[10:37] | which is deemed an arm of the military. | 因为它被看作军队的下设部门 |
[10:39] | Your Honor, the military contractor must prove | 法官阁下 军方承包商必须证明 |
[10:41] | their aims and independence | 他们的目的和资质 |
[10:42] | are subjected to the military, and unless Martinel | 符合军方要求 如果马氏保安公司 |
[10:45] | can prove that the military ordered this rape… | 不能证明军方授意了这场强奸… |
[10:47] | Excuse me, that is offensive, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 这太过分了 |
[10:50] | No, the offense here is you are trying to protect | 不 真正过分的是你们试图阻止 |
[10:52] | one of your employees from facing his accuser in court. | 你们的员工上庭面对他的控诉者 |
[10:55] | Captain Hellinger has served her country for 12 years. | 海灵格上尉为她的国家效力了12年 |
[10:57] | At the very least, she deserves to face her rapist. | 最起码 她应该与其强奸者当庭对峙 |
[11:00] | Accused rapist, counselor. | 控方律师 是被指控的强奸者 |
[11:02] | Ah, yes. Accused rapist. Thank you. | 是的 被指控的强奸者 谢谢你 |
[11:04] | Mr. Stabler– uh, Bucky– | 斯坦普勒先生…巴奇… |
[11:06] | unless you have any more arguments, I’m ready to rule. | 如果你说完了 我就准备裁决了 |
[11:09] | Your Honor. One of the consequences of modern warfare | 法官阁下 现代战争的后果之一就是 |
[11:12] | is a blurring of the lines between soldiers and contract workers. | 军人和合同雇工之间的界限模糊不清 |
[11:16] | Mr. Waters is being deployed to a military base | 沃特斯将被派往一个 |
[11:18] | that is directly in the line of fire, | 位于前线的军事基地 |
[11:20] | which is why he is granted | 因此他和其他军人一样 |
[11:22] | the same protections from liability as every other soldier. | 拥有同样的责任豁免的保护 |
[11:26] | In fact, Your Honor, | 事实上 法官阁下 |
[11:27] | it’s exactly on the same point of law | 同类型的法律案件 |
[11:29] | that most rulings to the contrary have been overturned on appeal. | 大多数支持控方的裁决都会在上诉中被推翻 |
[11:32] | Oh, come on! You’d be more subtle | 少来了 发死亡威胁给法官 |
[11:34] | if you sent the judge a death threat… | 都没有你这么直白 |
[11:36] | – Your Honor… – Mrs. Florrick, please. | -法官阁下… -福瑞克夫人 且慢 |
[11:38] | Before I rule, I would like to hear evidence on | 在裁决之前 我想听一下马氏跟军方 |
[11:40] | how closely aligned Martinel is with the military. | 关系到底有多密切的证据 |
[11:43] | Your honor, we only have a 48-hour window here. | 法官阁下 我们只有48小时可用 |
[11:44] | I understand that. We can do a lot in 48 hours. | 我理解 但48小时可以做很多事了 |
[11:47] | If it’s true that Mr. Waters is subject to the military hierarchy, | 如果沃特斯先生真的隶属军方 |
[11:50] | I will conclude that he and Martinel are immune to lawsuit. | 我将会裁决他和马氏在本案中有豁免权 |
[11:57] | You’re good. | 你很厉害 |
[11:58] | I’ve had practice. | 经验而已 |
[12:00] | Take a compliment. | 接受赞美吧 |
[12:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:08] | Let’s win this. | 我们赢下这案 |
[12:23] | So I get the fluff piece | 所以我得到没价值的信息 |
[12:24] | and Mandy Post gets the real story? | 而曼蒂·珀斯特得到真的故事? |
[12:26] | The false story. | 故事是假的 |
[12:27] | Yeah. Why am I here, Eli? | 行 我来这里是为了什么 伊莱 |
[12:29] | What do you know about Mandy Post? | 关于曼蒂·珀斯特你了解多少 |
[12:30] | What do I want to know about Mandy Post? | 关于曼蒂·珀斯特我应该了解什么 |
[12:33] | She had a cousin in Illinois | 她有个表亲在伊利诺斯州 |
[12:35] | going through a nasty divorce. Four years ago. | 四年前离婚 闹得很不好看 |
[12:38] | The wife accused him | 他妻子告他 |
[12:39] | of molesting one of their children. | 猥亵他们的某个孩子 |
[12:43] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[12:45] | Mandy’s cousin denied he was a molester, of course, | 曼蒂的表亲当然否认这事 |
[12:48] | but the victim, a sweet nine-year-old girl… | 但受害人 一个可爱的9岁女孩… |
[12:53] | testified against her father, | 作证指控她的父亲 |
[12:54] | and he was convicted. | 于是他被定罪了 |
[12:56] | Eli, are we gossiping here, or are we working? | 伊莱 我们是来工作的 还是聊八卦的 |
[12:58] | He’s in prison now. | 他现在在监狱 |
[12:59] | Mandy’s cousin. | 曼蒂的表亲 |
[13:00] | 12 years. | 被判12年 |
[13:03] | Guess who prosecuted him. | 你猜是谁起诉的 |
[13:08] | Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[13:14] | Not for attribution. | 不能录音 |
[13:17] | So you’re saying that my competitor, Mandy Post, | 你是说我的对手 曼蒂·珀斯特 |
[13:20] | wrote a story about Peter Florrick’s sex life | 写了篇关于彼得·福瑞克的性生活的文章 |
[13:23] | as payback for prosecuting her cousin? | 作为对他起诉自己表亲的报复 |
[13:25] | I’m saying it’s an interesting observation. | 我只是说这是个有趣的情况 |
[13:28] | – Florrick was the prosecutor? – In a sense. | -福瑞克是公诉人 -可以这么说 |
[13:30] | He was the State’s Attorney at the time. | 他当时是州检察官 |
[13:32] | What? Same difference. | 怎么了 反正差不多 |
[13:34] | No. It’s not. | 当然是不同的 |
[13:35] | Well, that’s where you come in. | 你就从这里入手 |
[13:36] | You know, journalism. | 你懂的 新闻嘛 |
[13:39] | You lost the Florrick affair story to Mandy Post. | 你在福瑞克绯闻事件上输给了曼蒂·珀斯特 |
[13:41] | What’s the consolation prize? | 那要拿什么来回敬呢 |
[13:43] | Showing Mandy had a hidden motive? | 说明曼蒂另有动机如何 |
[13:45] | Peter? | 彼得 |
[13:49] | Mom, Mom. Just one minute, okay? | 妈妈 稍等一下 好吗 |
[13:51] | I’m fine. I’m always just fine. | 没关系 我挺好的 |
[13:55] | Hey. Yeah, it’s me. | 嘿 是我 |
[13:56] | I just wanted to warn you… | 我只是想提醒你 |
[13:58] | the story’s coming out. | 故事要登报了 |
[13:59] | And you may be questioned about it. | 也许会有人问你相关的问题 |
[14:01] | Is it bad? | 说得很难听吗 |
[14:02] | It’s pretty bad. | 非常难听 |
[14:02] | They say you approved. | 他们说这是经你允许的 |
[14:03] | That we have an open marriage. | 说我们是开放式婚姻 |
[14:05] | Have you heard anything from Maddie? | 曼蒂有联系过你吗 |
[14:06] | No, but I don’t expect to. | 没 我觉得她不会联系我 |
[14:08] | You must be hurting on the money front. | 你在资金方面会受挫吧 |
[14:10] | No, we’re okay. | 没有 我们还好 |
[14:11] | For now. | 目前还好 |
[14:12] | You know, these things always come around, so… | 这些事总会发生 所以… |
[14:14] | – I don’t want to. – Please calm down, Mrs. Florrick. | -我不想 -请冷静一下 福瑞克夫人 |
[14:16] | No, I’m not gonna calm down! | 不 我不要冷静 |
[14:17] | Um, just one more quick thing. | 还有件小事 |
[14:21] | Jackie is firing another caretaker. | 杰姬又在开除护工 |
[14:23] | Have you got any other references I can… | 你还有其他可以考虑的… |
[14:25] | Sorry, no. | 抱歉 没有 |
[14:27] | Hey, is it a woman? The one she’s firing? | 那是个女的吗 她开除的 |
[14:29] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[14:30] | Try a man. | 找个男的试试 |
[14:32] | – Really? – Just a hunch. | -真的 -只是第六感 |
[14:33] | Ask the hospital if they have any men. | 问问医院有没有男的 |
[14:35] | Okay, I will, thanks. | 好 我问问 谢谢 |
[14:36] | Quit, quit! | 走 走 |
[14:37] | Now go now, just go. | 现在就走 走 |
[14:39] | Go. Go. | 走 走 |
[14:41] | Everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[14:43] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:44] | But I have given up on caring. | 但我不关心了 |
[14:47] | Ryan Hood. I am founder and | 瑞安·胡德 我是马氏保安公司的 |
[14:49] | chief executive officer of Martinel Security. | 创立者和首席执行官 |
[14:51] | And you have been contracting to the U.S. Military for how long? | 你和美国军方合作多久了 |
[14:55] | Well, since the beginning. | 从公司建立开始至今 |
[14:56] | We were there in Iraq. We’re there in Afghanistan. | 伊拉克和阿富汗的战争我们都有参与 |
[14:58] | Ooh, how nice for you. | 真厉害 |
[15:01] | Mr. Hood, let’s discuss your role in these war zones. | 胡德先生 谈一下你们在这些战争中的角色 |
[15:05] | You not only provide support for the military, | 你们不仅为军方提供支援 |
[15:08] | you essentially fight alongside them. | 还是重要的参战力量 |
[15:10] | Essentially. | 确实重要 |
[15:11] | The American military is understaffed. | 美国军方人员不足 |
[15:13] | There aren’t enough personnel to fill all the combat needs. | 人员数量无法满足战争需要 |
[15:15] | That’s why Martinel, Blackwater | 所以由马氏和黑水公司 |
[15:16] | and now Academi fill the gaps. | 现名阿卡德米公司来补足空缺 |
[15:18] | But in the field, your employees | 在战场上 你的雇员 |
[15:20] | answer to the military hierarchy? | 要遵守军方的制度 |
[15:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:23] | Without the chain of command, there would be anarchy. | 没有指令系统 会出现混乱 |
[15:25] | So these-these lawsuits, | 所以 这些…这些诉讼 |
[15:27] | these subpoenas, | 这些传票 |
[15:28] | they have a tendency to complicate the pursuit of national interests. | 有将追求国家利益的行为复杂化的倾向 |
[15:31] | Definitely. | 绝对有 |
[15:32] | Take, for example, this subpoena of the witness, Ricky Waters… | 比如 对证人瑞奇·沃特斯的传唤 |
[15:34] | The attempted rapist, Ricky Waters. | 是强奸未遂犯 瑞奇·沃特斯 |
[15:36] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[15:37] | That is uncalled for. | 这种指控是无理的 |
[15:38] | Yes, Mrs. Florrick, please refrain. | 同意 福瑞克夫人 请克制一点 |
[15:41] | The witness, Ricky Waters, | 证人瑞奇·沃特斯 |
[15:42] | trains soldiers in counter-insurgency techniques. | 是训练士兵反叛乱技巧的人 |
[15:45] | If he isn’t in Afghanistan, American lives will be endangered. | 如果他没有去阿富汗 美军会伤亡惨重 |
[15:48] | Thank you, Mr. Hood. Your witness. | 谢谢 胡德先生 该你了 |
[15:52] | Good morning, Mr. Hood. | 早上好 胡德先生 |
[15:54] | Or, I’m sorry, what rank would you like to be referred to? | 抱歉 你比较喜欢被称以什么军衔 |
[15:57] | Come on, counselor. | 拜托 控方律师 |
[15:58] | This man is a CEO of a privately-held firm. | 他是私营公司的首席执行官 |
[16:01] | He admits that. Not saying he’s a general. | 他已经说过了 他没说自己是将军 |
[16:02] | Bucky, please sit down. | 巴奇 请坐下 |
[16:04] | Mrs. Florrick, I think I get your general point. | 福瑞克夫人 我大概知道你的用意 |
[16:06] | – Please proceed. – Mr. Hood, uh… | -请继续 -胡德先生… |
[16:09] | what is the penalty for insubordination in the military? | 在军队里不服从命令的惩罚是什么 |
[16:12] | I don’t understand. What insubordination? | 我不明白 不服从什么命令 |
[16:13] | Well, let’s take Articles 77 through 134 | 军事审判统一法规共有134条规定 |
[16:17] | of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. | 其中第77条写道 |
[16:20] | What is the penalty for insubordination in a combat zone? | 在战区不服从命令的惩罚是什么 |
[16:24] | Do you mean “Missing the movement of a unit?” | 你是指错过部队行动吗 |
[16:25] | Yes. | 对 |
[16:27] | Well, court-martial. And, most probably, detention. | 会被军事审判 很大可能会被拘留 |
[16:29] | Uh-huh. | 没错 |
[16:30] | And any soldier not following orders from a superior into battle | 所有不听从上级指令参与战斗的士兵 |
[16:34] | would be subject to court-martial? | 都会交由军事法庭审判吗 |
[16:35] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 夫人 |
[16:36] | And, as you said, your employees follow these rules. | 如你所说 你的雇员也遵守这些规则 |
[16:38] | So they would be subject to court-martial? | 那他们也会被军事审判了 |
[16:40] | Yes. In a combat zone, yes. | 在战争区 是的 |
[16:42] | Then please explain what happened with Martinel personnel | 那请解释一下马氏全体人员 |
[16:44] | on October 12, 2011. | 2011年10月12日的所作所为 |
[16:46] | “Explain?” | 什么叫解释 |
[16:47] | – Could you be more specific? – Yes. | -能具体点吗 -好 |
[16:50] | Weren’t Martinel employees ordered by the military high command | 马氏的雇员去年10月12日 |
[16:53] | to offer security in the Ghanzi province | 没有被军方上级命令在杭济省 |
[16:56] | on October 12 of last year? | 进行保安工作吗 |
[16:57] | We weren’t ordered; we were asked. | 我们不是被命令 是被请求 |
[17:00] | I’m reading from a “General order”, not a “General ask.” | 我是在读将军指令 不是将军请求 |
[17:02] | Well, I think “Order” was being used generically. | 我觉得命令一词只是通称 |
[17:05] | We considered it an ask. | 我们认为那是请求 |
[17:07] | I see. And didn’t Martinel go on strike? | 明白了 那马氏没有罢工吗 |
[17:10] | I wouldn’t call it “On strike”” | 我觉得那不叫”罢工” |
[17:12] | Counselor, I think your cocounsel wants you. | 控方律师 你的副手要找你 |
[17:19] | In a letter to the high command, | 在一封给上级的信里 |
[17:21] | you called it “A strike.” | 你自己说是”罢工”的 |
[17:23] | Yes, well, that was a personal joke between friends. | 对 那只是朋友之间的玩笑 |
[17:26] | You went “On strike” | 你们”罢工” |
[17:27] | until the military ensured the protection of your employees. | 直到军方落实了对你们雇员的保护 |
[17:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:32] | And if a soldier had done that– | 如果普通士兵做了这种事 |
[17:33] | refused to go into a combat zone without greater security– | 拒绝进入没有更完善保护措施的战区 |
[17:36] | wouldn’t he be court-martialed? | 会被军事审判吗 |
[17:38] | That’s not a fair comparison. | 那样比较不公平 |
[17:39] | But it’s true, he would be court-martialed? | 但那是真的 他会交由军事法庭审理吗 |
[17:42] | Yes, but that’s not a fair comparison. | 会 但那样比较不公平 |
[17:44] | And why not? | 为什么不公平 |
[17:45] | Because… those were exceptional circumstances. | 因为那是特殊情况 |
[17:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:50] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[17:52] | Mrs. Florrick, I think you’ve made your point. | 福瑞克夫人 你已经证明你的观点了 |
[17:55] | For the current circumstances, I will grant the subpoena. | 鉴于目前这种情况 我同意传唤 |
[17:57] | – Your Honor… – Bucky, no. | -法官阁下 -巴奇 不 |
[17:59] | Please make Mr. Ricky Waters available for questioning | 请让瑞奇·沃特斯先生 |
[18:01] | by… say, 3:00 this afternoon, | 今天下午三点出庭接受询问 |
[18:04] | or be subject to arrest. | 否则他将被逮捕 |
[18:07] | – We won. – Oh, not yet. | -我们赢了 -还没 |
[18:09] | You don’t understand. | 你不懂 |
[18:11] | Seeing him in court? We won. | 只要他出庭 我们就会赢 |
[18:19] | It’s still crap. | 这些还是垃圾 |
[18:20] | Mr. Hayden, I understand that we might disagree, | 海登先生 我知道我们可能不一致 |
[18:23] | but I wish you wouldn’t refer to everything as… | 但我希望你不要管什么都叫… |
[18:31] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[18:32] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[18:34] | Well. Thank you. | 不错 谢谢 |
[18:36] | I’m glad you’re in here. | 很高兴你在这里 |
[18:38] | And I’m glad you survived the slaughter. | 也很高兴你在大屠杀中幸存下来 |
[18:41] | The firings? Yes. | 裁员 是啊 |
[18:42] | I seem to have a few lives left, thank you. | 活了下来 谢谢 |
[18:45] | I’ve seen you talking to Clarke. | 我看见你曾和克拉克谈话 |
[18:48] | He seems to like you. | 他看起来喜欢你 |
[18:50] | That’s good. | 那不错 |
[18:51] | There aren’t too many people here he likes. | 这里受他喜欢的人不多 |
[18:53] | Well, I don’t seek him out. | 我没有找他帮忙 |
[18:54] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[18:56] | I wonder if you know what’s happened to him. | 你是否知道他发生了什么事 |
[18:58] | He’s become angrier and more abrasive with us. | 他变得更加易怒 对我们的态度也更粗暴 |
[19:04] | He’s starting to care. | 他开始在乎了 |
[19:06] | On the Bishop case, he enjoyed it. | 查毕夏普案子时 他乐在其中 |
[19:09] | He enjoyed participating. | 他喜欢参与其中 |
[19:11] | He wants something like that. | 他想做一些这样的事情 |
[19:12] | Something to build his life on. | 他想要有这样的生活 |
[19:13] | He seems to think that Lockhart/Gardner might be it. | 他似乎认为在洛克哈特&加德纳律所可以做到 |
[19:16] | But it’s not his firm. | 但这不是他的律所 |
[19:17] | Oh, I know. I’m not agreeing. | 知道 我也不同意 |
[19:18] | I’m just suggesting why he might be more abrasive. | 我只是觉得这可能是他态度粗暴的原因 |
[19:21] | He cares. | 他在乎 |
[19:22] | Could you talk to him? | 你可以跟他谈谈吗 |
[19:24] | Find out if that’s what this is about? | 找出原因是否如此 |
[19:25] | – Sure. – Good. | -当然 -好的 |
[19:27] | And how are you doing? | 你做得怎么样 |
[19:30] | I have a question for you. | 我有一个问题想问你 |
[19:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:33] | I’m not sure if I’ve done anything wrong with Will. | 我不知道是否有什么地方让威尔不满 |
[19:35] | With Will? Why? | 威尔吗 怎么了 |
[19:37] | I’m just wondering if he doesn’t trust me. | 只是觉得他可能不信任我 |
[19:40] | I know the State’s Attorney’s office. | 我了解州检办 |
[19:41] | I know how they work. | 我知道他们如何运作 |
[19:42] | But I haven’t been on a single criminal case. | 但我还没有办过任何刑事案件 |
[19:43] | I’m just wondering if there’s anything else I should know. | 我只想知道是否另有原因 |
[19:46] | No. | 没有 |
[19:47] | No, I’m… I’m surprised. | 没有 我很惊讶 |
[19:49] | Um, I’m sorry I haven’t kept track, Cary. | 凯里 很抱歉我没有留意 |
[19:52] | No, definitely, you should be put on criminal cases. | 当然没其他原因 你应该办些刑事案件 |
[19:54] | – I’ll make sure that happens. – Okay. Thank you. | -我会安排的 -好的 谢谢 |
[19:57] | And I’ll talk to Mr. Hayden. | 我会和海登先生谈的 |
[19:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:02] | Uh… good. | 很好 |
[20:09] | What was that about? | 谈什么呢 |
[20:10] | Oh, partner stuff. | 合伙人的事情 |
[20:12] | I have something on our-our tow truck magnate. | 我有一些关于拖车大亨的消息 |
[20:15] | You have? What? | 有吗 是什么 |
[20:17] | The winning bid. | 竞标结果 |
[20:19] | There’s a way to invalidate it. | 有个方法可以让它失效 |
[20:21] | Streckler Automotive? How? | 斯特克勒汽车公司吗 怎么做 |
[20:22] | One of their partners is an ex-government employee. | 他们合作伙伴之一曾是政府雇员 |
[20:24] | They have to wait two years before they can bid. | 他们得等两年才能参与竞标 |
[20:27] | And they did. | 他们符合要求了 |
[20:28] | No, the bid got moved up by a month. | 没有 竞标提早了一个月 |
[20:30] | They missed it by a week. | 他们还差一个星期 |
[20:31] | They were a government employee? | 他们中有政府雇员 |
[20:32] | Yes. By one week. | 是的 还差一周 |
[20:34] | That means their bid can be invalidated. | 意味着他们的竞标无效 |
[20:36] | And the bid would go to Nick Saverese. | 尼克·赛弗里斯就可以中标了 |
[20:40] | If we want. | 如果我们想要的话 |
[20:43] | If we want Nick Saverese still to be a client? | 若我们想要尼克·赛弗里斯当客户的话吗 |
[20:49] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会搞定的 |
[20:55] | Mom, this is Cristian. | 妈妈 这位是克里斯蒂安 |
[20:58] | Mrs. Florrick. Hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[21:02] | You’re a man. | 你是男人 |
[21:04] | Yes, but I have a nursing license. | 是的 但是我有护理执照 |
[21:08] | Christian? What’s Christian? | 克里斯琴 哪里人 |
[21:10] | – Mexican? – Cristian. Cuban. | -墨西哥人吗 -是克里斯蒂安 古巴人 |
[21:13] | My family is from Cuba. | 我的家庭来自古巴 |
[21:15] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:17] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[21:19] | Yes, yes, yes. Send it through. | 是的 发过去吧 |
[21:20] | I don’t need help. | 我不需要帮助 |
[21:21] | Good. Then I won’t supply it. | 好 那我就不用照顾你了 |
[21:23] | I’ll just collect my paycheck. | 就领薪水就好了 |
[21:24] | – How much is my son paying you? – $40 an hour. | -我儿子付你多少 -一小时四十美元 |
[21:27] | $45 on the road. | 出门的话 四十五美元 |
[21:30] | I don’t need it, Peter. | 彼得 我不需要 |
[21:32] | You’re getting it, Mom. | 妈妈 你需要 |
[21:33] | You don’t want me to campaign with you? | 你不想我跟你一起参加竞选活动了吗 |
[21:35] | No, I do. But I want you to be taken care of. | 不 我想要 但我想照顾好你 |
[21:37] | I don’t like him. | 我不喜欢他 |
[21:38] | You haven’t given me a chance. | 你还没给过我机会呢 |
[21:40] | Don’t eavesdrop. | 不要偷听 |
[21:42] | Don’t talk so loud when you gossip. | 议论别人时 声音不要这么大 |
[21:45] | Uh, give him a chance, Mom. | 妈妈 给他一个机会吧 |
[21:47] | Give him a chance. | 给他一个机会 |
[21:49] | Hello. Yes, I’m on. | 你好 是的 我还在 |
[21:52] | Yes, just send it through. | 是的 就发过去吧 |
[21:57] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[21:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:02] | Would you please state your name and occupation? | 请陈述你的姓名和职务 |
[22:05] | Ricky Waters. | 瑞奇·沃特斯 |
[22:06] | I’m an employee of Martinel Security, | 我是马氏保安公司的员工 |
[22:08] | working in counter-insurgency training in Afghanistan. | 在阿富汗从事反叛乱训练工作 |
[22:11] | Mr. Waters, thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. | 沃特斯先生 谢谢你今天抽空出庭 |
[22:14] | You’re welcome. I’m just a little surprised. | 不客气 我只是感到有些惊奇 |
[22:16] | There must be some misunderstanding here. | 这里肯定有误会 |
[22:18] | The plaintiff claims that you attacked her on April 30, 2011 | 原告控诉你于2011年4月30日在阿富汗 |
[22:21] | at Camp Dwyer in the Helman River Valley of Afghanistan. | 赫尔曼河谷的德怀尔营地袭击过她 |
[22:24] | Yes, I read the charge. | 是的 我看过起诉书了 |
[22:25] | Laura, I’m sorry, that didn’t happen. | 劳拉 对不起 没这回事 |
[22:27] | Sir, two things. Don’t address my client. | 先生 两件事 不要跟我的客户说话 |
[22:29] | And when you do refer to her, | 还有提到她时 |
[22:31] | it’s Captain Hellinger. | 请称呼她为海灵格上尉 |
[22:33] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[22:34] | My apologies. Captain. | 对不起 上尉 |
[22:37] | So, you did know Captain Hellinger at Camp Dwyer. | 那么在德怀尔营地你确实认识海灵格上尉 |
[22:40] | Yes, she was negotiating contracts for roads and hospitals. | 是的 她负责道路和医院合同的谈判事宜 |
[22:43] | Sometimes we saw each other at the MWR, uh… | 有时 我们在MWR会碰到 |
[22:46] | the Morale, Welfare, Recreational center. | 士气 福利 休闲中心 |
[22:48] | Yes, the MWR. | 是的 简称MWR |
[22:50] | In fact, you had drinks at the MWR with Captain Hellinger | 事实上 在起诉书所提到的那个晚上 |
[22:53] | on the night in question, did you not? | 你曾和海灵格上尉在MWR喝过酒 是吗 |
[22:55] | Yes, there was a party for new reservists, | 是的 那有个预备役军人的迎新派对 |
[22:57] | – including myself. – After which she claims | -我也是新人 -在那之后 |
[22:59] | that you both went back to her office. | 她说你们一起回到了她的办公室 |
[23:00] | Well, we both had offices | 我们两个的办公室都位于 |
[23:02] | on the first floor of the 35th Combat Support Hospital, | 在第三十五野战医院的一楼 |
[23:04] | so, yes, we did go back. | 所以 我们是一起回去了 |
[23:05] | And there she claims that you threatened her with a demotion | 她声称 你威胁如果她不和你上床的话 |
[23:09] | if she refused to sleep with you. | 你就降她的职 |
[23:10] | No, there’s… no way that could have happened. | 不 不可能有这种事 |
[23:13] | I have no sway over… | 我根本没权力… |
[23:14] | You were friends with Major Hart. | 你跟梅杰·哈特是朋友 |
[23:16] | Captain Hellinger– | 海灵格上尉 |
[23:18] | you must be quiet. | 你要保持安静 |
[23:19] | What happened after that, Mr. Waters? | 后来发生了什么 沃特斯先生 |
[23:21] | To the best of your memory. | 请尽量详细地按你的记忆描述 |
[23:23] | Captain Hellinger was drinking. | 海灵格上尉喝了酒 |
[23:25] | She was tipsy. | 她醉了 |
[23:27] | I asked her if she wanted me to take her to her barracks. | 我问她需不需要我送她回营房 |
[23:30] | She said no. | 她说不需要 |
[23:32] | She kept hanging on me. | 她一直对我拉拉扯扯 |
[23:34] | All I can imagine is that she took offense | 我觉得唯一的可能是 |
[23:35] | at the way I was rebuffing her. | 我的拒绝惹怒了她 |
[23:37] | I don’t know what. | 别的我就不知道了 |
[23:38] | So it is your sworn testimony | 所以你愿意宣誓 |
[23:40] | that you never attacked Captain Hellinger. | 你从没有侵犯过海灵格上尉 |
[23:42] | Correct. | 对 |
[23:43] | In fact, I couldn’t have attacked her. | 而且 我也不可能侵犯她 |
[23:45] | I was sending an e-mail at 0010 that night. | 那天晚上0点10分我正在发送一封邮件 |
[23:48] | Look at the time codes. | 可以看一下邮件时间 |
[23:49] | The exact same time as this supposed attack. | 正是所谓侵犯事件发生的时间 |
[23:52] | I’ll have our investigator look into it. | 我会让我们的调查员去查证 |
[23:54] | He may not have sent the e-mail. | 他不一定发了那封邮件 |
[23:56] | He sent the e-mail. | 他确实发了邮件 |
[23:57] | – Damn it. – This is a readout of all the e-mails sent | -该死 -这是4月29日和30日两天 |
[24:00] | from the 35th Combat Support Hospital on April the 29th and 30th. | 从第三十五野战医院发出的所有邮件的数据 |
[24:03] | – They got that to you fast. – Yup. | -他们这么快就给你了 -是啊 |
[24:05] | Evidence that works against us they always deliver fast. | 对我们不利的证据总是给得非常快 |
[24:08] | He sent the e-mail at the time of the attack. | 他在侵犯事件发生的时间发了邮件 |
[24:10] | That doesn’t change the fact. | 但即便如此 |
[24:11] | He could’ve attacked her and sent the e-mail. | 他也可能既侵犯了她 又发了邮件 |
[24:14] | There’s something else. | 还有别的证据 |
[24:15] | – Something good? – Something very good. | -有利证据吗 -非常有利 |
[24:17] | One minute later– here– another e-mail was sent | 一分钟后 这里 隔壁办公室的终端机 |
[24:19] | from a terminal in the next office. | 发送了另一封邮件 |
[24:22] | – There was a witness? – Yup. | -这事有目击证人 -对 |
[24:23] | Someone was in the next office at the time of the attack. | 事情发生的时候有人在隔壁办公室 |
[24:25] | Let’s subpoena him, and I’ll get on with… | 传唤他出庭吧 然后我来处理… |
[24:39] | I’ll just be right back. | 我离开一下 |
[24:42] | Hi. | 你好 |
[24:44] | Hi, Maddie. What’s up? | 玛蒂你好 最近怎么样 |
[24:46] | I tried to see you earlier, but, uh… | 我之前来找过你 但是… |
[24:49] | you were busy. | 你很忙 |
[24:50] | We’re fine, Maddie. | 没事 玛蒂 |
[24:51] | We really are. | 真的没什么的 |
[24:52] | You’re not giving money to my husband. It’s okay. | 你不再出钱支持我丈夫了 这没关系 |
[24:55] | No. Um, it’s just… | 不 只是 |
[25:00] | I thought it only fair to warn you before I announce. | 我觉得在宣布之前 先知会你一声好些 |
[25:04] | Announce what? | 宣布什么 |
[25:05] | My candidacy. | 我要参选 |
[25:07] | I’m running against your husband. | 我要跟你丈夫竞争 |
[25:16] | Alicia, I know this will probably affect our friendship, | 艾丽西娅 我知道这可能会影响我们的友情 |
[25:19] | but I really believe this campaign needs a woman. | 但我真的认为这次的竞选需要一位女性 |
[25:22] | I thought your husband could represent our interests, | 我本以为你丈夫能够代表我们的利益 |
[25:24] | but after this past week, this last story… | 但过去的这一周里 刚出的这则新闻… |
[25:26] | I know you say it’s a lie, but women have always… | 我知道你说那是谣传 但女性总是… |
[25:29] | Maddie, you don’t need to explain anything. | 玛蒂 你不用解释 |
[25:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:35] | But I want you to understand. | 但是我希望你能够理解 |
[25:36] | I understand, and you don’t have to explain anything. | 我理解 你不用解释 |
[25:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:46] | Maybe we could still talk. | 我们可以单纯聊天 |
[25:47] | Sure. Whenever you want. | 当然 什么时候都可以 |
[25:50] | I’m sorry, Alicia, it’s… the issues are too important to delay. | 抱歉 艾丽西娅 有些重要问题亟待解决 |
[25:55] | And you have the money to run. | 你也有足够的资金运作 |
[25:55] | – It’s not personal. – Yep, just business. | -并非针对他个人 -对 公事公办而已 |
[26:14] | Alicia, how are you? What a pleasant… | 艾丽西娅 你好吗 见到你真是… |
[26:16] | Maddie Hayward is running against Peter. | 玛蒂·海沃德要跟彼得竞争 |
[26:18] | She… What? | 她要… 什么 |
[26:21] | Maddie Hayward just came to my office to tell me | 玛蒂·海沃德刚来我的办公室跟我说 |
[26:22] | that she is running against Peter. | 她要跟彼得竞争 |
[26:25] | Yes. She doesn’t feel he represents female issues. | 对 她觉得彼得不能代表女性的利益 |
[26:28] | – She’s timing it to the affair story. – Yes. | -她就等着外遇新闻见报的时机 -是的 |
[26:31] | And she’s going to pull all his female support. | 她会拉走彼得所有的女性支持者 |
[26:33] | – I know. – And she has money. | -是啊 -而且她有财力 |
[26:35] | And one last thing. | 还有一件事 |
[26:36] | She befriended me and we talked. | 她跟我做朋友 我们还聊了天 |
[26:40] | – You… – Yes. | -什么 -对 |
[26:41] | I shared some things she could possibly use. | 我跟她聊了些事 或许会被她利用 |
[26:44] | You don’t… | 你别… |
[26:46] | About you and Will? | 关于你跟威尔的 |
[26:47] | No, about how I feel about Peter. | 不是 关于我对彼得的了解 |
[26:49] | About being in the public eye. | 关于作为公众人物的感受 |
[26:50] | About issues I think he’s weak on. | 关于他的弱点 |
[26:52] | Okay, we need to debrief you. | 好 这事你得跟我们详细汇报 |
[26:54] | And Mike Kresteva needs to keep his hands | 迈克·克里斯特娃不能染指 |
[26:56] | off seniors’ medical benefits. | 老年人的医疗福利 |
[26:58] | Is that the right line? | 是念这句吗 |
[27:01] | Where are your glasses? | 你的眼镜呢 |
[27:03] | Maybe if you find your glasses, you could read the line. | 你要是找到眼镜就不会念错行了 |
[27:06] | Maybe if you kept track of my glasses. | 你要是收好我的眼镜就不会丢了 |
[27:08] | You can’t read the lines… | 你看不清句子… |
[27:09] | Don’t even ask. | 别问为什么 |
[27:11] | I need to go to court. | 我要出庭 |
[27:12] | You need to deal with this. | 你得先处理这事 |
[27:13] | No, after court. | 不 出庭结束再说 |
[27:15] | Yes, oh… | 对 你真是 |
[27:17] | It’s in your lap now. | 现在这是你的事 |
[27:18] | You can’t do that Robocop. | 你不能像机械战警一样 |
[27:19] | This is how you’re going to do it: You lost your glasses… | 你要这样 你丢了眼镜… |
[27:22] | The difficulty we’re running into, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 现在我们面临的困难是 |
[27:24] | is that this witness– the one who e-mailed at the same time | 这位同时发了邮件的证人 |
[27:26] | and who we think heard and possibly observed the attack– | 可能听到甚至目睹了事件过程 |
[27:29] | is Sergeant Wade Compton, | 而这位名叫韦德·康普顿的中士 |
[27:30] | who is still serving in Afghanistan. | 目前还在阿富汗服役 |
[27:32] | We can’t subpoena him, Colonel, | 上校 我们传唤不了他 |
[27:33] | and the command is rebuffing our efforts to transfer him home to testify. | 指挥部也拒绝了我们让他回来作证的请求 |
[27:37] | – Yes, I know. – So you know we need him? | -我知道 -所以你明白我们需要他 |
[27:39] | We think this sergeant heard everything. | 我们觉得这位中士可能听到了一切 |
[27:40] | I understand that. I’m not sure what you think I can do. | 这我明白 但不知你们想让我做什么 |
[27:43] | Contact his superiors. Request that he testify in court. | 联系他的上级 要求他出庭作证 |
[27:46] | Captain, you know I can’t do that. | 上尉 你明白我做不到 |
[27:48] | You know that exceeds my authority. | 你明白那超出了我的权力范围 |
[27:50] | We thought that maybe you could make an extra effort, | 既然您之前那么同情海灵格上尉 |
[27:52] | given your previous sympathy for Captain Hellinger’s situation. | 我们希望您能另外想想办法 |
[27:55] | Mrs. Florrick, you are asking something of me | 福瑞克夫人 你的请求 |
[27:57] | that goes beyond my ability. | 已经超出我的能力范围 |
[28:00] | Thank you, Colonel. | 谢谢你 上校 |
[28:08] | Is there something else, Mrs. Florrick? | 还有别的事吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[28:11] | You know what’s going on here. | 您知道这是怎么回事 |
[28:13] | The Army doesn’t want her to win. | 军队不想让她胜诉 |
[28:15] | They are siding with Martinel | 他们偏袒马氏公司 |
[28:17] | because they don’t want their contractor undercut. | 因为他们不希望承包商利益受损 |
[28:19] | Yes, that’s my understanding. | 没错 我知道这一点 |
[28:20] | She’s being pressured to quit. Did you know that? | 有人给她施压逼她退伍 您知道吗 |
[28:22] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[28:23] | But I understand it. | 但我能够理解 |
[28:25] | So, why won’t you help? | 那您为什么不帮忙呢 |
[28:26] | Mrs. Florrick, stop playing on my emotions. | 福瑞克夫人 别想让我感情用事 |
[28:28] | I know what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思 |
[28:30] | And if it were in my ability to help, I would. | 若能帮我自然会帮 |
[28:35] | He’s reading the Steve Jobs biography. | 他在读《史蒂夫·乔布斯传》 |
[28:39] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[28:40] | You were wondering why Mr. Hayden was acting so abrasive? | 你之前问为什么最近海登先生态度强硬 |
[28:42] | He’s reading the Steve Jobs bio. | 他在读乔布斯的自传 |
[28:44] | That’s why he says everything “Sucks” or is “Crap.” | 因此他说什么都是”太烂了”或者”垃圾” |
[28:46] | The same thing happened at the State’s Attorney’s office. | 州检察官办公室也发生过这样的事 |
[28:48] | Some managers, they think it worked for Jobs, | 一些管理人士觉得 在乔布斯身上行得通 |
[28:50] | it’ll work for them. | 他们也可以 |
[28:52] | What would you do? | 那你会怎么处理 |
[28:54] | It wears off. | 过段时间就好了 |
[28:56] | – But do you want me to talk to him? – That’d be good. | -但你需要我和他谈谈吗 -那样最好 |
[28:59] | Oh, and I have two criminal cases I want you to look at. | 我这有两起刑事案件想让你看看 |
[29:02] | They might plead out, but I’m not sure. | 可能要做有罪辩护 但我不确定 |
[29:12] | A glass of white? | 来杯白葡萄酒吗 |
[29:22] | Thanks for doing this. | 谢谢你这么做 |
[29:23] | Having a drink? Why not? | 喝酒吗 何乐而不为 |
[29:27] | There’s a chance the winning bid could be invalidated. | 投标结果可能被宣布无效 |
[29:32] | My husband’s bid? | 我丈夫参与的投标? |
[29:35] | Streckler Automotive made a mistake. | 斯特克勒汽车公司的竞标资格有问题 |
[29:37] | One of their partners used to be connected to the city. | 他们的一个合作伙伴以前是市政府的员工 |
[29:40] | That makes sense. | 怪不得 |
[29:42] | So… he’ll win the bid? | 那…他会中标吗 |
[29:46] | Only if he knows about it. | 除非他知道这事 |
[29:47] | How could he not know about it? | 他怎么会不知道呢 |
[29:49] | He asked us to check into Streckler Automotive’s payoffs. | 他让我们去查斯特克勒汽车公司的行贿行为 |
[29:52] | He did not ask us to check into their partners. | 但并没要我们查他们的合作伙伴 |
[30:01] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[30:04] | No. | 不 |
[30:06] | Then? | 那? |
[30:08] | I… | 我… |
[30:11] | I have difficulty being away from him. | 我很难摆脱他 |
[30:18] | Is he dangerous? | 他危险吗 |
[30:20] | Sometimes. | 偶尔 |
[30:24] | Shouldn’t you stay away, then? | 那你难道不该躲他远点吗 |
[30:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:31] | That’s odd. | 奇怪 |
[30:33] | Judge Kuhn. | 是库恩法官 |
[30:36] | And the panel investigating the mainstreaming of gender | 负责审理军队性别主流化案件的审判小组 |
[30:38] | in the military is back in session. | 现在重新开庭 |
[30:41] | We have one more witness for the panel. | 请出下一位证人 |
[30:43] | Are you ready to be questioned, Sergeant? | 你准备好回答问题了吗 中士 |
[30:45] | Yes, ma’am. | 准备好了 长官 |
[30:46] | Please supply your name for the record. | 请提供你的姓名以供记录在案 |
[30:48] | Sergeant Wade Compton. | 韦德·康普顿中士 |
[30:49] | Thank you, Sergeant, | 谢谢你 中士 |
[30:50] | for returning from Afghanistan for this session. | 感谢你从阿富汗赶来出庭 |
[30:52] | This panel has only one question for you, Sergeant. | 审判小组只有一个问题要问你 中士 |
[30:54] | Yes? | 请讲 |
[30:56] | What do you think of the mainstreaming of gender in the military? | 你怎么看军队的性别主流化问题 |
[31:01] | What do I think? | 我怎么看 |
[31:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:06] | I don’t… know. | 我不…知道 |
[31:08] | Uh, it’s… good? | 我觉得…做得挺好 |
[31:12] | Thank you, Sergeant. You’re excused. | 谢谢你 中士 你可以退庭了 |
[31:16] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[31:17] | Yes. Thank you for returning at our request. | 是的 感谢你应邀前来 |
[31:30] | Sergeant Compton? | 康普顿中士 |
[31:33] | Do you have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[31:34] | I seem to have a lot of moments. | 我似乎非常有空 |
[31:36] | What do you need? | 你们有什么事 |
[31:42] | Sergeant Wade Compton. | 韦德·康普顿中士 |
[31:43] | Camp Dwyer, Afghanistan. | 服役于阿富汗德怀尔营 |
[31:44] | I serve as liaison with private contractors during training. | 我在训练间隙负责联络私营承包商 |
[31:47] | And where is your office located? | 你的办公室在什么位置 |
[31:49] | In the 35th Combat Support Hospital. | 在第三十五野战医院 |
[31:50] | Near Captain Hellinger’s and Mr. Waters’ offices? | 挨着海灵格上尉和沃特斯先生的办公室吗 |
[31:53] | Yes, ma’am. Captain. | 是的 女士 上尉 |
[31:55] | And given your proximity to them, | 既然你离他们那么近 |
[31:57] | did you have occasion to hear anything unusual… | 你有没有听到过什么异常的声音… |
[32:00] | Objection. Hearsay, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 传闻证据 |
[32:02] | It’s an admission against interest. | 这是不利于己的供认 |
[32:04] | Sergeant Compton’s job depends on positive reports | 康普顿中士的工作依赖于他的上司 |
[32:06] | from Mr. Waters, his superior. | 沃特斯先生给予的正面评价 |
[32:08] | Anything negative that he says is therefore an exception to hearsay. | 因此他的任何不利证词都不属于传闻证据 |
[32:11] | Uh… overruled. | 反对无效 |
[32:13] | You may answer. | 你可以回答 |
[32:14] | I heard voices– | 我听到过 |
[32:16] | Captain Hellinger and Mr. Waters arguing. | 海灵格上尉与沃特斯先生争吵 |
[32:18] | About what? | 争吵什么 |
[32:19] | Well, Mr. Waters wanted to have sex with Captain Hellinger. | 沃特斯先生想要和海灵格上尉发生关系 |
[32:22] | – And she resisted his advances? – Yes, ma’am. | -她拒绝了他吗 -是的 女士 |
[32:25] | – Physically? – Yes. | -有肢体冲突吗 -有 |
[32:27] | I heard them struggle. | 我听到他们在拉扯 |
[32:28] | I think he ripped her clothes | 好像他撕破了她的衣服 |
[32:29] | and she kicked him, and then he called her a “Bitch.” | 她踢了他 然后他叫她”贱人” |
[32:34] | A “Nasty bitch,” I think is what he said. | “下流的贱人” 我觉得他是这么叫的 |
[32:37] | And then… she ran out of there. | 然后…她逃出了办公室 |
[32:38] | And why didn’t you come forward until now, Sergeant? | 那你为什么现在才出庭作证 中士 |
[32:41] | Well, like you said, | 就像你说的 |
[32:42] | Mr. Waters is kind of like… my boss. | 沃特斯先生在某种意义上 是我领导 |
[32:44] | I mean, he’s close with my C.O., so… | 他和我的指挥官交往很深 所以 |
[32:46] | So you feared for your job. | 所以你害怕会丢掉工作 |
[32:49] | I… | 我… |
[32:52] | – Yes, ma’am. – Thank you. | -是的 女士 -谢谢 |
[32:54] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[33:00] | Anything, counselor? | 被告律师 你有问题吗 |
[33:03] | Counselor? | 被告律师 |
[33:04] | Uh, yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[33:06] | Sergeant Compton, | 康普顿中士 |
[33:08] | you seem pretty clear as to the events of that night. | 看来你对那晚发生的事情有所了解 |
[33:10] | Do you remember it well? | 你记得清楚吗 |
[33:12] | Yes, sir. | 清楚 先生 |
[33:13] | Then do you remember what time it was | 那你记不记得 你听到 |
[33:15] | that you heard this attack on Captain Hellinger? | 海灵格上尉被袭击时 是几点钟 |
[33:18] | I always wait until close to midnight | 因为时差的关系 我总是等到 |
[33:21] | to e-mail my girlfriend, because with the time difference. | 临近午夜时分给我女友发邮件 |
[33:23] | So, I remember I was waiting | 所以 我记得我听到他们争吵时 |
[33:24] | for an e-mail back when I heard the fight. | 正在等我女友的回复 |
[33:27] | It was about 0015. | 那时大概是0点15分 |
[33:30] | 0015. So, for the benefit of us civilians, | 0点15分 向我等在座的平民说明一下 |
[33:33] | that’s after midnight? | 那是已过午夜了 对吗 |
[33:35] | Yes, 15 minutes after. | 是的 过了15分钟 |
[33:37] | What’s he after? | 他想干什么 |
[33:38] | Defense Exhibit D, Your Honor. | 请看辩方证物丁 法官阁下 |
[33:40] | Mr. Waters’ reserve deployment orders. | 是沃特斯先生的预备役部署命令 |
[33:44] | And as you can see, | 正如您所看到的 |
[33:45] | Mr. Waters was officially called up to active duty | 沃特斯先生就在当天午夜 |
[33:48] | as of that very same midnight. | 被正式征召入伍 |
[33:50] | Objection, Your Honor! | 反对 法官阁下 |
[33:51] | What could you possibly object to, Mrs. Florrick? | 你有什么可反对的 福瑞克女士 |
[33:54] | You proved your point. | 你已证实你方观点 |
[33:55] | Mr. Waters attacked your client. | 即沃特斯先生袭击了你的当事人 |
[33:57] | I did not! | 我没有 |
[33:57] | But at the time of the attack, | 但在袭击发生时 |
[33:59] | he was no longer working for Martinel Security. | 他已不再是马氏保安公司的员工了 |
[34:01] | By 15 minutes, Your Honor. | 只过了15分钟 法官阁下 |
[34:03] | It doesn’t matter if it was 15 seconds. | 不管是15分钟还是15秒 |
[34:05] | He was in the Army on active duty | 那时他已是现役军人了 |
[34:07] | and therefore protected by Feres v. the United States. | 因此他受到费尔法例的保护 |
[34:10] | And Captain Hellinger is barred by law from suing him. | 海灵格上尉依法不能起诉他 |
[34:13] | – Your Honor. – Mrs. Florrick, | -法官阁下 -福瑞克女士 |
[34:14] | you will have every opportunity to verify the timeline, | 你可以尽可能地去证实事发时间 |
[34:17] | but I’m afraid Mr. Stabler is right. | 但恐怕斯坦普勒先生是对的 |
[34:19] | Unless you can prove that the attack occurred before midnight, | 除非你能证明袭击发生在午夜以前 |
[34:21] | I will have no choice but to dismiss the case. | 否则我恐怕不得不驳回起诉 |
[34:25] | I wasn’t watching the clock. | 我没有看表 |
[34:26] | I was trying to get out of there without getting raped. | 我只顾着从那里逃出来 别被强奸 |
[34:28] | Of course you were. That’s not the issue. | 我们理解 那不是问题所在 |
[34:31] | The issue is the length of the assault. | 问题是性侵犯持续的时间 |
[34:33] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[34:34] | – You said he started harassing you in the bar at the MWR? – Yes. | -你说他在MWR的酒吧开始骚扰你 -对 |
[34:37] | And then he followed you back to the office? | 然后他跟踪你回到办公室 |
[34:38] | So it could be viewed as one long attack? | 所以是否能认为该侵犯行为具有持续性 |
[34:41] | I… I can’t lie. | 我…我不能说谎 |
[34:43] | It’s not about lying. | 这与说谎无关 |
[34:43] | It’s about more fully remembering a past event. | 这是在更完整地回忆起过去的事件 |
[34:47] | I know, it sounds like a rationalization. | 我知道 这听起来像是文过饰非 |
[34:49] | It’s not. You were hit on in the bar. | 其实不是 你在酒吧被挑逗 |
[34:51] | You pushed him off. Maybe even laughed. | 你推开了他 甚至可能有过说笑 |
[34:53] | Not because it was funny, | 但并不是因为你觉得好笑 |
[34:54] | but because it’s the easiest way to make him go away. | 而是因为那是最快地打发他的办法 |
[34:56] | Then I went back to my office. | 然后我回到我的办公室 |
[34:57] | And I wasn’t afraid until he followed me there. | 他跟踪我到了那我才开始感到害怕 |
[34:59] | Do you think that he had the same intent | 你认为他在酒吧里的企图 |
[35:01] | at the bar as he did in the office? | 与他在办公室里的企图一致吗 |
[35:04] | To have sex, or force you to have sex? | 企图实施性行为 或者说强奸你 |
[35:06] | Yes, but legally, it doesn’t matter. | 是 但从法律角度看 这点并不重要 |
[35:08] | The only thing that matters is | 唯一重要的问题是 |
[35:09] | whether I experienced it as one attack. | 我是否遭到了实质性的侵犯 |
[35:11] | Laura, you need to stop thinking as a lawyer. | 劳拉 你得停止像律师一样思考问题 |
[35:13] | We’re your lawyers. Experience it as a woman. | 我们才是你的律师 你要从女人角度来思考 |
[35:20] | So when Mr. Waters first propositioned you, | 沃特斯先生初次向你提出要求时 |
[35:22] | – it was at the bar at the MWR? – Yes. | -是在MWR的酒吧吗 -是 |
[35:25] | – What did you do? – I said no. | -你如何回应 -我说了不 |
[35:27] | – And he persisted? – Yes. | -他仍坚持 -是 |
[35:28] | It was like he wouldn’t take no for an answer. | 他不肯善罢甘休 |
[35:30] | He’d been drinking, he was getting angry. | 他一直灌酒 然后开始发脾气 |
[35:32] | Did you fear for your safety? | 你担心自身安全吗 |
[35:33] | Yes. That’s why I left the MWR, | 是 因此我离开了MWR |
[35:35] | because his behavior was scaring me. | 因为他的行为吓坏了我 |
[35:37] | But then he followed me to my office. | 但是他跟踪我到了办公室 |
[35:38] | One last question, Captain Hellinger. | 最后一个问题 海灵格上尉 |
[35:40] | What time did this conduct take place at the bar? | 酒吧里的行为发生在何时 |
[35:43] | – It was about 23:30. – Thank you. | -23点30分左右 -谢谢 |
[35:50] | So you’re saying this was one prolonged assault, is that it? | 你是说这是一次延续性的侵犯 对吗 |
[35:53] | And since it began before midnight, | 并且因为事发于午夜之前 |
[35:56] | – Martinel Security is, in fact, still liable? – Yes. | -马氏保安公司实际上仍然有责任 -是 |
[35:58] | So we are to assume that | 那么我可以推定 |
[36:00] | you were in fear for your safety during this whole time? | 你整个时间段在都担心自身安全吗 |
[36:02] | – Yes. – That’s very convenient, isn’t it? | -可以 -这样说会很方便 对吗 |
[36:05] | Argumentative, Your Honor. | 争论性问题 法官阁下 |
[36:06] | Sorry. I’ll withdraw that and offer this instead. | 抱歉 我收回上一问 换个问题 |
[36:10] | You sent a text message that same night | 你当晚发了一条短信 |
[36:14] | to a Lieutenant Parisi of the JAG Corps. | 给军法署的帕里西中尉 |
[36:17] | She a friend of yours? | 她是你的朋友吗 |
[36:18] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 |
[36:19] | Would you read it for us, please, out loud? | 请把这个读给大家听 大声读 |
[36:24] | “Leaving MWR now. CK was blitzed. LMAO.” | 我要离开MWR了 CK烂醉 笑死我了 |
[36:28] | Would you clarify for the court what “LMAO” means? | 你能向法庭阐释LMAO的意思吗 |
[36:31] | Uh, that’s quite all right. I think I’m aware. LOL. | 没必要了 我知道意思 大笑 |
[36:35] | Very well, Your Honor. | 那好吧 法官阁下 |
[36:37] | Please, Captain, continue. | 上尉 请继续 |
[36:41] | “So happy I’m off tomorrow. | 明天不上班真开心 |
[36:42] | Off to catch some Zs. Night, girl.” | 可以多睡一下 晚安啦 亲爱的 |
[36:45] | And what’s the time stamp on that text message? | 短信上的时间标记呢 |
[36:50] | 11:52 P.M. | 晚上11点52分 |
[36:52] | 11:52 P.M. So you must have sent that message | 晚上11点52分 那你必然是在 |
[36:54] | while you were walking back from the MWR | 从MWR回到你办公室的期间 |
[36:57] | to your office at that time, did you not? | 发了那条短信 对吗 |
[37:02] | Yes. | 是 |
[37:03] | It doesn’t sound like you were in fear for your safety, though, | 看上去可不像是你走回办公室时 |
[37:08] | as you were walking back to your office, does it? | 在担心自身安全问题啊 对吗 |
[37:22] | Damn you! | 你这个混蛋 |
[37:24] | Get in line. | 找我请排队 |
[37:25] | – I got fired, Eli! – What? | -我被辞退了 伊莱 -什么 |
[37:28] | My editor thought it was unprofessional | 我的编辑认为我是公报私仇 |
[37:29] | that I was pursuing a personal agenda. | 违反职业标准 |
[37:31] | Now I’m the story. | 现在我倒成了新闻 |
[37:32] | You sicced Peggy Byrne on me like an attack dog, | 你唆使佩吉·伯恩像狗似的追着我咬 |
[37:34] | and now I am out. | 我被踢出局了 |
[37:35] | Well, look at it this way. | 你换个角度想吧 |
[37:38] | The good thing about a 24-minute news cycle | 新闻滚动周期缩短的好处便在于 |
[37:39] | is that they’ll all be on to something else soon. | 一会儿功夫就新闻变旧闻 |
[37:45] | If it’s any consolation, | 如果这样说能安慰你的话 |
[37:47] | I do feel a tiny bit bad about it. | 我确实为此感到有一丁点儿难过 |
[37:51] | They say dancing the mambo is like talking to angels. | 人们说跳曼波舞就像与天使对话一样 |
[37:56] | Oh, you kidder! | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[37:57] | What? It’s true. | 怎么了 这是真的 |
[37:58] | I’ll teach you the mambo. It’s so easy. | 我可以教你跳曼波舞 很简单 |
[38:00] | Come on. We’ll be late. Let’s get the car. | 得了 我们要迟到了 上车吧 |
[38:05] | You were right. | 你说得没错 |
[38:06] | I just had to give him a chance. | 我只需要给他一个机会 |
[38:08] | I see that. | 我看见了 |
[38:09] | Sometimes a mother has to listen to her son. | 有时候母亲得听儿子的意见 |
[38:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:18] | Good evening, Mr. Gold. | 晚上好 戈德先生 |
[38:21] | Indeed it is, Mrs. Florrick. | 今晚确实好 福瑞克夫人 |
[38:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:27] | She’s happy. | 她很高兴 |
[38:29] | Yeah, she is. | 嗯 是的 |
[38:36] | Please sit. | 请坐 |
[38:40] | I… | 我 |
[38:43] | I’ve given this a great deal of thought. | 我对此思虑良多 |
[38:45] | And I want you to know, Captain Hellinger, | 海灵格上尉 我想告诉你 |
[38:48] | that I am truly sympathetic to your plight. | 我非常同情你的遭遇 |
[38:51] | To be denied justice in military court was tragic. | 在军事法庭无法伸张正义是悲惨的 |
[38:55] | To be denied justice again in civilian court is just cruel. | 在民事庭仍然如此则是残酷的 |
[38:59] | But I’m afraid the Supreme Court has spoken very clearly | 但是恐怕最高法院在费尔一案中 |
[39:02] | in Feres, as much as I may personally disagree. | 已作出明确裁定 尽管我个人不太同意 |
[39:06] | Mr. Waters was an Army reservist at the time of the attack, | 侵害发生时沃特斯先生是一名预备役军人 |
[39:10] | and therefore is immune from liability. | 因此而免责 |
[39:13] | As such, I’m afraid I must dismiss the case. | 据此 我必须驳回起诉 |
[39:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:23] | Thank you, Bucky. | 谢谢你 巴奇 |
[39:33] | No hard feelings. | 别再生气了 |
[39:35] | Step back! | 走开 |
[39:40] | Yes, Colonel. | 是 上校 |
[39:50] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[39:52] | Colonel. | 上校 |
[40:02] | – We’ll appeal. – No. | -我们会上诉 -不 |
[40:04] | No appeals. I’m done. | 不上诉 够了 |
[40:07] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[40:09] | We got him into court. | 我们让他出庭了 |
[40:10] | That’s more than I thought we’d do. | 已经比我预想的好 |
[40:17] | What do you do when… when it’s all over? | 此事结束后 该怎么办呢 |
[40:23] | You start up again. | 重新开始 |
[40:33] | Well, thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[40:35] | That’s really great news. Okay. | 真是好消息 好的 |
[40:38] | Done! | 搞定 |
[40:40] | Any more money calls, Eli? | 还有其他赞助方来电吗 伊莱 |
[40:42] | There are always more money calls. | 总是会有赞助方来电的 |
[40:46] | Maddie Hayward… | 玛蒂·海沃德 |
[40:48] | the competition. | 竞争对手 |
[40:50] | Well, I couldn’t just let you run away with this. | 我不能放任你逃离这个问题 |
[40:53] | Your innermost feminist demanded satisfaction. | 你需要满足内心深处的女权主义吧 |
[40:56] | Something like that, yes. | 差不多是那样 |
[40:57] | Well, first of all, Maddie, | 玛蒂 首先 |
[41:00] | I’m gonna beat you. | 我会击败你 |
[41:01] | And then I’m gonna beat the Republican, Kresteva. | 然后再击败共和党的克里斯特娃 |
[41:04] | No, Peter. You need money. | 不 彼得 你缺钱 |
[41:06] | I have money. I’m willing to spend my own. | 我有钱 我愿意为自己花钱 |
[41:08] | People are drawn to people willing to spend their own. | 选民们更愿意支持经济独立的候选人 |
[41:10] | Maybe you beat me, but you’ll be tapped out, | 也许你能击败我 但同时你也花光了钱 |
[41:13] | and Kresteva will outspend you. | 然后克里斯特娃会以财力击败你 |
[41:15] | But there is another way. | 但你还可以有别的出路 |
[41:17] | I can hardly wait. | 等不及洗耳恭听 |
[41:19] | You drop out and run as my lieutenant governor. | 你退出 再来作为我的副州长参选 |
[41:23] | It’s a good position. You’d be good at it. | 是个好职位 你能胜任 |
[41:27] | You used my wife. | 你利用了我妻子 |
[41:31] | You befriended her and used her. | 你跟她做朋友 利用了她 |
[41:33] | I didn’t use her. I befriended her. | 我没有利用她 我是跟她做了朋友 |
[41:37] | I didn’t know I was going to do this. | 我当时并不知道我会来竞选 |
[41:39] | You know, I can trust a cynic and a con man, | 我可以信任愤青和骗子 |
[41:42] | but I can’t trust a hypocrite | 但无法信任伪君子 |
[41:45] | because the hypocrite doesn’t know when she’s lying, | 因为伪君子说谎而不自知 |
[41:48] | and that’s the most dangerous liar of them all. | 伪君子就是最危险的说谎者 |
[41:50] | – So that’s a no? – That’s more than a no. | -所以你不同意 -不止这次不同意 |
[41:52] | That’s a never. | 永远都不会同意 |
[41:56] | Okay. See you out there. | 好吧 我们再会 |
[42:07] | Well? | 接下来 |
[42:11] | Let’s get started. | 让我们开始吧 |