时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | God, I thought it was you. | 天呐 我以为是你呢 |
[00:17] | I heard “Grace” and I was like, “Oh, God.” | 一听格蕾丝我心里就咯噔一下 |
[00:20] | Did you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[00:22] | No. I-I mean, a little. | 不认识 不是很熟 |
[00:25] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[00:26] | Portia said she took a handful of her mom’s sleeping pills. | 波西亚说她吃了一把她妈妈的安眠药 |
[00:29] | No, she did it at the hotel | 不对 是在宾馆 |
[00:31] | where she was supposed to go for the prom. | 她本该去那里参加舞会 |
[00:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:34] | I think her boyfriend broke up with her or something. | 好像是她男朋友跟她分手了 |
[00:35] | They said she was in her underwear. | 他们说她只穿了内衣 |
[00:36] | Hannah just tweeted | 哈娜刚刚发了推特 |
[00:38] | it was aspirin, not painkillers. | 她吃的是阿司匹林 不是止疼药 |
[00:39] | Did you guys see Connor just checked in on Foursquare, | 你们看到了吗 康纳刚还上了四方网 |
[00:42] | like, an hour ago? At the library. | 大概一个小时之前 在图书馆 |
[00:44] | What are you doing at the library | 在女朋友自杀之后第二天 |
[00:45] | the day after your girlfriend kills herself? | 跑到图书馆去干什么 |
[00:47] | Ex-girlfriend. They broke up last week. | 前女友 他们上周分手了 |
[00:48] | Did you see he changed his status to “Single”? | 你们看到他把状态改成单身了吧 |
[00:50] | I know. She tweeted a picture of herself last week | 是啊 她上周把头发染成红色之后 |
[00:52] | after she dyed her hair red– | 在推特发了一张自己的照片 |
[00:54] | – #YOLO. – Yeah, “You only live once.” | -关键字YOLO -是啊 人生在世须尽欢 |
[00:55] | She sat two rows behind me in algebra last year. | 去年的代数课上 她就坐在我后面两排 |
[00:58] | I know it’s kind of morbid, | 我也知道这样做有点变态 |
[00:59] | but I can’t stop looking at her Facebook page. | 但我总是忍不住去看她在脸书的主页 |
[01:04] | And who is this? | 他是谁 |
[01:06] | Mr. Van Zanten. | 范赞滕先生 |
[01:07] | And you shot him four times in the head? | 你朝他的头部开了4枪? |
[01:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:09] | Why would you do that, Mr. Yates? | 你为什么要这样做 耶茨先生 |
[01:12] | Because she wanted me to. | 因为她让我这样做 |
[01:13] | You’re referring to the accused, | 你指的是被告人 |
[01:15] | – Gwyneth Van Zanten? – Yes. | -格温妮丝·范赞滕? -是的 |
[01:16] | You were her Pilates instructor? | 你是他的普拉提教练? |
[01:17] | Yes, | 是的 |
[01:18] | but she said she loved me. | 但她跟我说她爱我 |
[01:19] | If I shot her husband… | 如果我杀死她丈夫 |
[01:21] | we would be together. | 我们就可以在一起 |
[01:21] | – With his money? – Objection. Leading. | -还有他的钱? -反对 诱导性提问 |
[01:25] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[01:26] | And you… | 那么 你 |
[01:28] | Strike that. | 这句划掉 |
[01:37] | Why did M-Mrs. Van Zanten want you to shoot her husband? | 范赞滕夫人为什么让你杀死她丈夫 |
[01:40] | Objection. Ambiguous. | 反对 问题模棱两可 |
[01:42] | Unfortunately, sustained. | 很不幸 反对有效 |
[01:49] | O-One second. | 稍等一下 |
[01:53] | Oh, did the accused offer you | 被告在让你杀人的时候 |
[01:55] | anything in exchange for this murder? | 有没有对你做出什么承诺 |
[01:57] | Yes, she said we’d split his money. | 是的 她说我们可以分掉他的钱 |
[01:58] | And did Mrs. Van Zanten explain | 范赞滕夫人有没有跟你解释 |
[02:00] | why she wanted her husband killed? | 她想杀死她丈夫的原因 |
[02:01] | He’s a rich CEO. They had a prenup. | 他是个富有的总裁 他们签了婚前协议 |
[02:03] | If she divorced him, she got nothing. | 如果她提出离婚 她什么都得不到 |
[02:05] | But if he died, | 但如果他死了 |
[02:06] | she got everything. | 她可以得到一切 |
[02:07] | I see. And what happened after the murder? | 我明白了 杀人之后又发生了什么 |
[02:09] | Objection. Calls for narrative. | 反对 问题要求叙事性回答 |
[02:11] | Ms. Hellinger, | 海灵格女士 |
[02:12] | you are now experiencing ASA Hazing 101. | 你现在正经历入门检察官被欺负的第一课 |
[02:15] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[02:17] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官阁下 |
[02:19] | Did you text the accused after the murder? | 杀人之后你给被告发短信了吗 |
[02:22] | I did. | 发了 |
[02:22] | And what did your text say? | 短信的内容是什么 |
[02:24] | “It’s done. | 搞定了 |
[02:25] | Our problems are over. | 我们的问题解决了 |
[02:28] | Don’t go home until 8:00.” | 8点以后再回家 |
[02:30] | Why not go home until 8:00? | 为什么要8点以后回家 |
[02:31] | To establish her alibi. | 这样她就有不在场证据 |
[02:33] | Hello, this is the principal at Capstone Preparatory. | 你好 我是顶点中学的校长 |
[02:36] | Over the weekend, there was a tragic incident | 上个周末 顶点中学的一名学生 |
[02:38] | involving a Capstone student. | 发生了一起不幸的事件 |
[02:39] | Please take a moment to discuss this… | 请你找时间跟孩子谈谈… |
[02:43] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[02:44] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:45] | A bit more rough and tumble than military court. | 跟军事法庭比起来 有点混乱 |
[02:47] | You’ll be fine. Just don’t retreat. | 你会没事的 不要退却 |
[02:49] | You’re either advancing or retreating. | 法庭就像逆水行舟 不进则退 |
[02:50] | – Hi, Mom. – My daughter. | -喂 妈妈 -是我女儿 |
[02:52] | No, thanks. | 没事的 谢谢 |
[02:54] | Grace. Uh, hi. What’s going on? | 格蕾丝 出什么事了 |
[02:56] | I just got a call from school. | 我刚接到学校打来的电话 |
[02:57] | Oh, yeah. Grace Baskin OD’d on pills. | 哦 是啊 格蕾丝·巴思金吃药自杀了 |
[03:01] | Oh, my God. When? | 哦 天呐 什么时候 |
[03:03] | Last night. | 昨天晚上 |
[03:04] | We’re all wearing yellow today. | 我们今天都戴黄色腕带 |
[03:05] | It was her favorite color. | 黄色是她最喜欢的颜色 |
[03:07] | What happened? | 发生什么事情了 |
[03:08] | Hey, Mom, I have to get to class. | 妈妈 我得去上课了 |
[03:09] | Can I call you back? | 下课给你打回去行吗 |
[03:10] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[03:11] | Yeah, I mean, it’s sad, but I’m good. | 我还好 很伤心 但我还好 |
[03:14] | I’ll call you back, okay? | 我等会给你打回去吧 |
[03:17] | It’s his fault. | 都是他的错 |
[03:18] | I didn’t even think he’d show up at school. | 我觉得他根本就不该来学校 |
[03:19] | And, look, he didn’t wear yellow. | 你看 他也没戴黄色腕带 |
[03:21] | I heard he told her to get an abortion. | 我听说他让她去堕胎 |
[03:22] | No, he didn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[03:23] | She wasn’t even pregnant. | 她没有怀孕 |
[03:24] | Yeah, who told you she got an abortion? | 是啊 谁告诉你她去堕胎了 |
[03:26] | I don’t know. Someone re-tweeted it. | 我也不知道 有人转发的 |
[03:28] | Is that even his car? | 那是他的车吗 |
[03:29] | – I thought he was a scholarship kid. – He is. | -我还以为他是拿助学金的学生 -他是 |
[03:31] | I’ve seen him on the bus. | 我在校车上见过他 |
[03:32] | Do you think he blames himself? | 你们觉得他责怪自己吗 |
[03:34] | Wouldn’t you? He breaks up with her, | 换你不自责吗 他跟她分手了 |
[03:36] | then four days later, she kills herself. | 四天后 她就自杀了 |
[03:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:39] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[03:41] | My client has stated that she was faithful to her late husband | 我的当事人已经声明她对已故丈夫是忠诚的 |
[03:44] | and that they were happily married. | 并且他们的婚姻很幸福 |
[03:45] | Yet you claim she was having an affair with you? | 但你声称她跟你有私情? |
[03:48] | – Yes. – Do you have any proof of this? | -对 -你有证据吗 |
[03:49] | Any love letters? Any… | 有情书吗 有… |
[03:51] | mementos of this… | 这段热恋的 |
[03:54] | torrid affair? | 纪念物品吗 |
[03:56] | – No. – I see. | -没有 -明白 |
[03:57] | So we’re to take your word for it? | 我们就相信你的空口白话吗 |
[03:59] | And this text you sent her– that it was “Done”– | 你给她发的这条短信 内容是”结束了” |
[04:02] | what did she write back? | 她给你回了什么 |
[04:03] | She didn’t. We talked in person. | 她没回 我们当面谈了 |
[04:05] | Ah. So… | 那么… |
[04:07] | you admitted killing her husband, | 你承认杀了她丈夫 |
[04:09] | you admitted sending her a text admitting your guilt, | 你承认给她发了短信认罪 |
[04:12] | and my client hasn’t admitted a thing? | 我的当事人却什么都没承认 |
[04:15] | Objection, Your Honor, counsel is testifying. | 反对 法官阁下 辩方律师在作证 |
[04:17] | Yes, he is that. | 对 确实 |
[04:19] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[04:22] | After you sent this text, | 你发完短信之后 |
[04:23] | my client immediately informed the police, didn’t she? | 我的当事人立即报警了 是吗 |
[04:25] | Objection, your Honor. Counsel is still testifying. | 反对 法官阁下 辩方律师依然在作证 |
[04:28] | Not only that, he’s asking for hearsay. | 不仅如此 他还在探听传闻证据 |
[04:31] | It goes to the defendant’s state of mind, Your Honor. | 这关系到被告的心理状态 法官阁下 |
[04:33] | Actually, no. Mr. Gardner is asking | 并不是 加德纳先生是在 |
[04:35] | for the content of a conversation | 询问范赞滕女士和一名警察之间的 |
[04:37] | between Mrs. Van Zanten and a police detective. | 对话内容 |
[04:39] | If that’s what he wants, | 如果他想知道 |
[04:39] | he should put one of them on the stand. | 那他应该叫他们中的一人出庭作证 |
[04:41] | Oh, she’s got you there, Mr. Gardner. | 你被她逮个正着 加德纳先生 |
[04:43] | Congratulations, Ms. Hellinger. | 恭喜 海灵格小姐 |
[04:55] | What were you offered in trade | 他们为得到你的证词 |
[04:56] | for your testimony here, Mr. Yates? | 提出什么条件作为交易 耶茨先生 |
[04:57] | Well, I wouldn’t say it was a trade. | 我不称此为交易 |
[05:00] | I received a plea bargain. | 我收到一份辩诉交易 |
[05:01] | And what was the plea bargain? | 内容是什么 |
[05:03] | 20 years. | 20年 |
[05:04] | For cold-blooded murder? | 对如此冷血的凶杀? |
[05:05] | Objection, Your Honor. Argumentative. | 反对 法官阁下 诱导性提问 |
[05:06] | Yes. Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[05:10] | And what is the usual sentence for first-degree murder? | 通常一级谋杀会如何判刑 |
[05:12] | Objection, Your Honor. Calls for speculation. | 反对 法官阁下 引导证人推测 |
[05:14] | Yes. Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[05:18] | A murder like this usually draws a 45-year sentence… | 这样的凶手一般会判45年的刑 |
[05:20] | Objection. Counsel is testifying. | 反对 辩方律师在作证 |
[05:23] | Sustained again. | 再次反对有效 |
[05:25] | Are you having trouble getting out what you want, Mr. Gardner? | 你的辩护工作是不是遇到困难了 加德纳先生 |
[05:35] | Nicely played. | 表现真不错 |
[05:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:38] | We used to represent you. | 过去我们是你的律师 |
[05:39] | Yep. Thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[05:49] | Go well in court? | 庭上进展顺利吗 |
[05:51] | Everybody feels bad for the underdog. | 人人都同情弱者 |
[05:54] | What about the person who’s supposed to do well? | 那些被寄予厚望的人呢 |
[05:56] | No one talks about the pressure we’re under. | 没人关心我们承受的压力 |
[06:02] | So, what’s up with you? | 你怎么样 |
[06:04] | You’ve been away from work. | 你最近忙的不是工作 |
[06:06] | No. | 没有 |
[06:07] | Mentally, you have. What’s going on? | 你的心思没在工作上 怎么了 |
[06:09] | Oh, just, uh, personal stuff. | 只是 一些私事 |
[06:12] | Uninteresting. | 没什么意思 |
[06:15] | Huh. Judge Creary. | 科瑞法官 |
[06:19] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[06:20] | Going to the restroom. | 去洗手间 |
[06:22] | Look, Creary plays by the book. | 科瑞是照章办事的人 |
[06:24] | Then he doesn’t have to talk. | 那他就无需多言 |
[06:25] | Kalinda, this single case could drag us out of bankruptcy. | 凯琳达 这一件案子就可以让我们免于破产 |
[06:28] | I want to get a sense of where we stand. | 我想知道我们现在局势如何 |
[06:36] | Oh, Will Gardner! How the hell are you? | 威尔·加德纳 你好吗 |
[06:39] | Judge Creary. | 科瑞法官 |
[06:40] | No, uh, no, I’ll call you right back. | 不 我回头打给你 |
[06:44] | Will, hello. | 威尔 你好啊 |
[06:46] | Giada, I… I didn’t know you were in town. | 吉雅达 我都不知道你在芝加哥呢 |
[06:48] | Yeah, Orren & Polk, second year. | 是啊 奥兰&波克 第二年了 |
[06:50] | His Honor was just offering me some career advice. | 法官阁下刚才在给我一些职业意见 |
[06:52] | Do you know this bastard? | 你认识这混蛋 |
[06:54] | I do. We met when I was at DePaul, | 认识 在德保尔大学是认识的 |
[06:56] | although we haven’t spoken in a while. | 尽管我们近来都没怎么联系了 |
[06:57] | What happened there? | 发生了什么 |
[06:58] | I don’t know, I thought it was you. | 不知道 我还以为是你的原因 |
[06:59] | Oh, no, it wasn’t me. | 不 不是我 |
[07:01] | Yeah, well, I’d stay away from him. | 我会离他远点 |
[07:02] | – He’s a bad influence. – Oh, I knew that. | -近墨者黑 -我知道 |
[07:04] | – Will is a bad boy. – Disbarred bad boy. | -威尔是个坏小子 -被取消律师资格的坏小子 |
[07:06] | Six-months- suspended bad boy. | 停职6个月的坏小子 |
[07:07] | You should’ve seen him in court today. | 你真该看看他今天在庭上的表现 |
[07:09] | He was completely screwed up. | 他被彻底战翻了 |
[07:13] | Really? I… thought we more than held our own. | 真的吗 我以为我们干得不错呢 |
[07:16] | No, you’re gone, you’re-you’re cooked, | 不 你错乱了 被整了 |
[07:18] | you’re… deep-fried cooked. | 被深深地整了 |
[07:20] | – Why is that? – Your client– she’s guilty. | -何出此言 -你的当事人 有罪 |
[07:23] | How do you figure, Your Honor? | 你怎么知道的 法官阁下 |
[07:24] | Actus reus. | 有犯罪行为 |
[07:26] | You’re trying to make her out to be a saint. | 你试图把她塑造成圣人 |
[07:28] | She was cheating on her husband. | 她对丈夫不忠 |
[07:30] | No, I’m sorry, Your Honor, that’s just not true. | 不 抱歉 法官阁下 事实并非如此 |
[07:32] | I can’t for the life of me figure why you wanted a bench trial. | 我真想不通你为什么希望无陪审员审判 |
[07:35] | Except you’d probably do worse with a jury. | 虽说有陪审团你可能会更惨 |
[07:38] | His client is an ice queen. | 他的当事人是个冷若冰霜的女人 |
[07:40] | Looks something like this. | 就像这样 |
[07:42] | – I mean it. – Your Honor, if you believe that, | -真的 -法官阁下 如果你相信 |
[07:44] | you need to recuse yourself. | 你得回避本案 |
[07:45] | Ooh! I love this one! With his ethics! | 说的真是好 讲起道德来了 |
[07:48] | Love the ethics, Will. | 道德话说得真漂亮 威尔 |
[07:51] | Great for a disbarred lawyer. | 尤其还出自一个被吊销过执照的律师之口 |
[07:54] | Bribing judges and stealing. | 又贿赂法官又偷窃的 |
[07:56] | You know, if it was up to me, | 如果决定权在我 |
[07:58] | you wouldn’t be allowed to practice law ever again. | 你这辈子都不能再当律师了 |
[08:01] | Maybe the thing is to agree to disagree. | 可能求同存异对这行业更好呢 |
[08:04] | – Yeah. Yeah. – Yeah. | -对 对 -是啊 |
[08:06] | I’m sorry, young lady… for bringing my work here. | 抱歉 小姐…抱歉说起了工作上的事 |
[08:10] | He didn’t say that? | 他真这么说了? |
[08:11] | He said I bribed judges and stole, | 他说我又贿赂法官又偷窃 |
[08:13] | our client is guilty, and I should never practice law again. | 我们的当事人有罪 我不应该继续当律师 |
[08:16] | Well, he was drinking. | 好吧 他在喝酒 |
[08:17] | Which means he’s only being more loose-lipped about | 这只说明他口无遮拦地 |
[08:19] | with what he really thinks. | 说出了自己的真实想法 |
[08:21] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[08:24] | Gwyn brings her husband’s fortune to us, | 格温会给我们带来他丈夫的财产 |
[08:25] | it gets us out of debt. | 这能让我们还清债务 |
[08:26] | I know, and it’s a good case. | 我知道 这也是个有把握的案子 |
[08:28] | In front of another judge, we’d win. | 换个法官 我们就会赢 |
[08:31] | What are you thinking, the same thing? | 你怎么想 不会和我想的一样吧 |
[08:33] | Move for a recusal? | 要求他回避? |
[08:36] | He says no, you’ve turned the judge against you. | 如果他不同意 法官铁定不站你这边了 |
[08:38] | He’s against me already. | 他已经看我不爽了 |
[08:40] | There will be fallout from the judicial community. | 整个法官群体都会和我们对立 |
[08:43] | Creary is beloved. | 科瑞很受人爱戴 |
[08:44] | He was beloved. | 他曾经受人爱戴 |
[08:45] | Judges know he’s a loose cannon. | 法官们都知道他这人我行我素 |
[08:47] | We win this case, we get out from under the trustee. | 赢了这个案子 我们就能摆脱监管 |
[08:53] | We could get the 27th floor back. | 我们就能收回27层 |
[08:56] | Have Cary argue the motion for you. | 让凯里帮你提出动议 |
[08:58] | No, Alicia. | 不 让艾丽西娅来 |
[08:59] | – Will… – It’s not that. | -威尔… -别多想 |
[09:00] | I think Creary’s got a thing for the ladies. | 我觉得科瑞更喜欢和女士打交道 |
[09:04] | Oh. Well, don’t embarrass him. | 好吧 也别太为难他 |
[09:06] | Ask for the conference in chambers. | 请求在内庭进行讨论会 |
[09:08] | Have Alicia move for the recusal there. | 让艾丽西娅在那里提出回避动议 |
[09:10] | And if he says no? | 那如果他拒绝呢 |
[09:17] | This should be interesting. | 这应该会很有趣 |
[09:18] | Probably too late to take my advice back. | 想撤回我的建议或许已经太晚了 |
[09:21] | Probably. | 或许吧 |
[09:29] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[09:30] | the defense requests an issues conference in chambers. | 辩方请求在内庭进行一个议题讨论 |
[09:34] | What do you need, Counselor? | 什么事 律师 |
[09:35] | We have a motion, Your Honor. | 我们有个动议 法官阁下 |
[09:36] | But it would be easier to present it in chambers. | 在内庭提出更容易一些 |
[09:39] | Oh? And why is that? | 这是为什么 |
[09:41] | Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生 |
[09:42] | It’s a personal matter, Your Honor. | 是私人事件 法官阁下 |
[09:44] | Oh, really, a personal matter? | 真的吗 私人事件 |
[09:46] | What kind of personal matter? | 什么样的私人事件 |
[09:47] | Please, Your Honor. | 请别这样 法官阁下 |
[09:48] | Well, in chambers it’ll be on the record, | 在内庭的谈话都会被记录在案 |
[09:50] | Mr. Gardner, and-and…? | 加德纳先生 和 和… |
[09:51] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[09:52] | Ah, the state’s attorney’s wife. | 原来是州检察官的妻子 |
[09:55] | Very fortuitous. | 真是幸运 |
[09:56] | In there and in here, it’ll be on the record, | 这里和那里 谈话都会被记录在案 |
[09:58] | so if you have a motion, let’s hear it. | 所以 如果你有动议要提 就在这儿说吧 |
[10:06] | Your Honor, we move that you recuse yourself. | 法官阁下 我们请求您回避本案 |
[10:11] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[10:13] | Now, why should I recuse myself? | 我为什么要回避 |
[10:15] | You have demonstrated bias against the defense. | 您明确表露了对辩方的偏见 |
[10:20] | Still licking your wounds about those objections yesterday, | 还对我昨天的那些反对耿耿于怀呢 |
[10:22] | Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生 |
[10:23] | No, Your Honor, this is regarding the biased comments | 不是 法官阁下 我们是根据您昨晚 |
[10:25] | you made to Mr. Gardner | 在艾瑞娜酒吧对加德纳先生说出的 |
[10:26] | in the bar, The Arena, last night. | 带有偏见的评论提出的动议 |
[10:31] | This is dangerous territory, Mrs. Florrick. | 你现在的处境很危险 福瑞克夫人 |
[10:35] | You called our client guilty, | 您说我们的当事人是有罪的 |
[10:37] | and you said that Mr. Gardner was a known liar, | 您说加德纳先生是一个人所皆知的骗子 |
[10:40] | and that he should give up now because he would lose. | 还说他现在就该放弃 因为他铁定要输 |
[10:43] | Well, your motion is denied. | 动议被否决 |
[10:46] | You have any further witnesses? | 还有其他证人吗 |
[10:48] | Your Honor, you showed bias against us. | 法官阁下 您表露了对我方的偏见 |
[10:50] | I have ruled on your motion, Mrs. Florrick. | 我已对你的动议进行了裁决 福瑞克夫人 |
[10:52] | You may sit down now unless you have another witness. | 你现在可以坐下了 除非你还有其他证人 |
[11:03] | You’ve given us no alternative, Your Honor, | 您让我们无路可选 法官阁下 |
[11:05] | but to file a motion to substitute Your Honor for cause. | 只能向法院申请动议 要求变更法官 |
[11:09] | You what?! | 你说什么 |
[11:10] | We are filing for a substitution hearing. | 我们要向法院申请回避听证会 |
[11:13] | Now, you sit down right now, Mrs. Florrick. | 你立即给我坐下 福瑞克夫人 |
[11:15] | I have ruled! | 我已经作出了裁决 |
[11:17] | And it is not up to you… | 这由不得你… |
[11:18] | No, sir, it is not up to you. | 不 先生 这由不得您 |
[11:19] | You have no further witnesses, | 你没有其他证人 |
[11:20] | then we will move toward… | 我们就可以继续… |
[11:22] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 请原谅 法官阁下 |
[11:23] | It is our right. | 这是我们的权利 |
[11:24] | No, it is not your right to disrupt my court. | 不 你无权打断我的庭审 |
[11:27] | You’re in contempt. | 你藐视法庭 |
[11:27] | If I make a motion to substitute, Your Honor, | 如果我提出了回避的动议 法官阁下 |
[11:30] | then it is no longer in your hands, | 那就不再由您处置 |
[11:32] | and you must transfer this matter to another judge. | 您必须把此事交由另一位法官决定 |
[11:35] | You don’t know what you’ve just done. | 你知道你做了些什么吗 |
[11:37] | We do, Your Honor, | 我们知道 法官阁下 |
[11:38] | but you’ve given us no other choice. | 但您并没有给我们其他选择 |
[11:40] | Everybody has a choice. Everybody. | 选择每个人都有 每个人 |
[11:43] | You’re fishing for a mistrial here, and you won’t get it. | 你在寻求一个无效审判 但你不会得逞 |
[11:47] | You lose this motion, | 要是你的这个动议被否决 |
[11:48] | and I’ll be right back here to judge this case. | 我会立刻回来审理这个案子 |
[11:50] | We understand that. | 我们知道 |
[11:51] | So I’ll give you one last chance | 给你最后一次机会 |
[11:52] | to step back over that line. | 撤回这个申请 |
[11:57] | I’m sorry, Your Honor, but my motion has been made. | 抱歉法官阁下 我的动议已经提出了 |
[12:00] | We move for a hearing into your bias | 我们要求召开听证会 |
[12:01] | against Mr. Gardner and our client. | 确认你对加德纳先生和我方当事人的偏见 |
[12:16] | Well, we’re in it now. | 好戏开始了 |
[12:31] | We’ve been ten percent more successful | 我们在竞选关键词搜索优化上 |
[12:32] | in optimizing campaign page keywords, | 胜出10% |
[12:34] | and that’s resulted in a 20% increase in organic search traffic. | 这带来了20%的搜索流量增长 |
[12:37] | We’ve been employing the BLUF tactic of networking design. | 我们一直在采用BLUF策略 |
[12:40] | That’s Bottom Line Up Front. | 就是直谏策略 |
[12:41] | I would say this met with mixed results. | 我还得说 这个做法还有其它效应 |
[12:43] | Wait. There’s been a 20% jump in fund-raising? | 稍等 资金筹集提高了20%? |
[12:46] | How did that happen? | 那是怎么做到的 |
[12:47] | Uh, I.T.’s been better managed. | 就是…网站做得更好了 |
[12:48] | – By who? – One of the volunteers. | -谁做的 -一个志愿者 |
[12:50] | – Hire him. – Her. | -雇下这哥们 -是位女士 |
[12:52] | Do I care? | 这个重要吗 |
[12:59] | – You’re hired. – What? | -你被录用了 -什么 |
[13:00] | Just keep doing what you’re doing. | 继续做你的事就好 |
[13:06] | Good job, you guys, I’ll need you to stay a little later. | 干得漂亮 各位 我需要你们加会儿班 |
[13:09] | – You got it. – No problem. | -可以 -没问题 |
[13:10] | Where are you going, Jay? | 你要去哪 杰 |
[13:11] | Uh, I have to get back home. | 我得回家了 |
[13:12] | Okay. Tomorrow. | 好的 明天见 |
[13:15] | If I can. | 我有时间就来 |
[13:17] | All stand. Court is now in session. | 全体起立 现在开庭 |
[13:19] | The Honorable Peter Dunaway presiding. | 有请尊敬的彼得·达纳韦法官 |
[13:22] | – Uh-oh. – What? | -不妙 -怎么了 |
[13:23] | It’s Judge Dunaway. | 是达纳韦法官 |
[13:24] | This is a hearing to determine whether Judge Harrison Creary | 这里是关于哈里森·科瑞法官 |
[13:27] | is prejudiced against the defendant and defense counsel… | 对公诉格温妮丝·范赞滕案的被告和被告律师 |
[13:33] | …in People V. Gwyneth Van Zanten. | 是否存在偏见的听证会 |
[13:35] | ASA Hellinger, | 海灵格助理检察官 |
[13:36] | do you support Mr. Gardner’s motion to substitute? | 你支持加德纳先生的回避动议吗 |
[13:39] | No, Your Honor. | 不支持 法官阁下 |
[13:39] | The People do not believe | 控方不认为 |
[13:41] | Judge Creary has shown bias in this case. | 科瑞法官在本案中表现出了偏见 |
[13:42] | Then you will present the evidence against prejudice, | 那你要拿出不存在偏见的证据 |
[13:44] | Mr. Gardner’s representative will present the evidence for it. | 加德纳的代理人须拿出存在偏见的证据 |
[13:47] | This hearing is, in effect, | 这个听证会其实 |
[13:49] | a trial within a trial… | 是一个案中案 |
[13:54] | Your Honor Creary, you don’t need to be present at this hearing. | 科瑞法官 你不必出席这个听证会的 |
[13:57] | Are you here to testify? | 你是来作证的吗 |
[13:58] | Uh, no, Your Honor. | 不 法官阁下 |
[13:59] | I don’t want to give this… | 我不想给这个… |
[14:01] | mini-persecution any more attention than it needs. | 小型迫害以它不应得的关注 |
[14:04] | But I do want to face my accusers. | 但我确实想直面指责我的人 |
[14:06] | Well, that is your right, Your Honor. | 好吧 这是你的权利 法官阁下 |
[14:07] | Uh, Judge Creary’s prejudice will be this hearing’s | 科瑞法官偏见问题 是本次听证会的唯一事项 |
[14:11] | one and only issue, rules of evidence will apply, | 听证适用证据规则 |
[14:13] | and my ruling will be final. | 我的裁判是终局裁判 |
[14:15] | Is that understood by all counselors? | 双方律师 都听明白了吗 |
[14:16] | Yes, Your Honor. | 明白 法官阁下 |
[14:17] | Good. Then we will begin. | 很好 那我们开始吧 |
[14:44] | Hi. | 你好 |
[14:48] | I’m Grace. | 我叫格蕾丝 |
[14:52] | Uh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:54] | Uh, that’s my real name. | 这是我的真名 |
[14:56] | Grace Florrick. | 格蕾丝·福瑞克 |
[14:59] | I’m really sorry about the other Grace. | 对另一个格蕾丝的事我很遗憾 |
[15:02] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[15:04] | Why aren’t you in class? | 你为什么不去上课 |
[15:06] | Why aren’t you? | 你为什么不去 |
[15:08] | ‘Cause I saw you come in here. | 因为我看见你进这里了 |
[15:10] | Look, I don’t need anything, okay? | 我什么都不需要 好吗 |
[15:13] | We broke up. It was a while ago. | 我们分手了 分了有一阵了 |
[15:16] | She didn’t do it ’cause of me. | 她不是为我自杀的 |
[15:19] | You know, you really shouldn’t smoke. | 你真的不该抽烟 |
[15:26] | You’re the politician’s daughter, | 你是那个政客的女儿 |
[15:28] | the one caught with a hooker? | 那个招妓被抓现行的政客? |
[15:29] | He wasn’t caught with a hooker. | 他没有招妓被抓现行 |
[15:31] | Class is in session. Who’s in there? | 已经上课了 谁在那里 |
[15:34] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[15:36] | Come out now. Right now! | 出来 马上出来 |
[15:38] | If you don’t want to get in trouble, | 如果不想惹麻烦的话 |
[15:40] | come out right this minute! | 就马上出来 |
[15:42] | They can’t find us here. | 他们抓不到我们的 |
[15:43] | I see you in there. | 我看见你在那儿了 |
[16:00] | Do you need me to deal with this, huh? | 需要我来处理吗 |
[16:03] | All right. All right, bye. | 好的好的 再见 |
[16:13] | Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Saverese. | 抱歉让你久等了 赛弗里斯先生 |
[16:15] | Hey, no problem. | 没关系 |
[16:16] | About your losing Tow Truck bid– | 关于你拖车服务竞标失败的事 |
[16:18] | we can’t sue Strickler Automotive, | 我们无法起诉斯特里克勒汽车公司 |
[16:20] | but we can appeal on the basis of fraud. | 但我们可以以欺诈为由上诉 |
[16:22] | But just to warn you, | 可还得提醒你 |
[16:23] | they’re probably going to say you cheated, too. | 他们可能会说你也作假了 |
[16:24] | Well, I thought your company | 你们律所的职责 |
[16:25] | was protecting me against all that crap. | 好像就是确保我免遭这些乱七八糟的事 |
[16:27] | Yeah. Unfortunately, | 对 但不幸的是 |
[16:29] | Strickler’s proven quite litigious. | 斯特里克勒实在太爱打官司 |
[16:31] | Now, there’s a chance we may end up in deposition, | 我们有可能被要求提供证词 |
[16:34] | so I have to ask you a few questions. | 所以我有几个问题要问你 |
[16:36] | You were convicted on a drug charge. | 你曾因贩毒被定罪 |
[16:38] | Cocaine. Intent to sell. | 可卡因 说我企图贩毒 |
[16:40] | And how many years were you in? | 你入狱几年呢 |
[16:42] | Two. It was Canadians. | 两年 我是被加拿大人判的 |
[16:44] | You know, they’ve got soft hearts. | 他们心肠都很软 你知道的 |
[16:48] | And… you’re not involved now in drugs? | 那…你现在不再沾手毒品了吧 |
[17:00] | What’s that suit you’re wearing? | 你穿的西装是什么牌子 |
[17:03] | Suit? | 西装 |
[17:08] | Oh, it’s Calvin Klein. Why? | 哦 卡尔文·克莱恩 怎么了 |
[17:11] | You need a lot of suits like that to work here, do you? | 在这里工作得有很多套这种西装吧 |
[17:14] | Yeah. Yeah, some. | 对 得有几套吧 |
[17:15] | But you don’t wear suits like that when you’re out and about? | 但平时出门就不穿成这样了吧 |
[17:18] | I mean, on weekends, you don’t wear suits like that, do you? | 比如周末 你就不这么穿 对吗 |
[17:21] | No. | 对 |
[17:22] | Good, ’cause then people might think you’re gay or something. | 是啊 否则别人就该以为你是同性恋了 |
[17:30] | Oh… you’re not gay, are you? | 你不是同性恋吧 对吗 |
[17:33] | I’m sorry if… | 抱歉啊要是我… |
[17:37] | Is something… the matter, Mr. Saverese? | 有什么不妥吗 赛弗里斯先生 |
[17:40] | What, like you being gay? | 什么 如果你是同性恋吗 |
[17:45] | I don’t mind gay people. | 我不介意和同性恋相处 |
[17:49] | Why don’t we take this up tomorrow? | 要不我们明天再谈这事吧 |
[17:50] | Why? Did I offend you? | 为什么 我说话冒犯你了吗 |
[17:53] | No. No, I just… | 没有 没有 我只是 |
[17:56] | I think we should take this up tomorrow | 我觉得还是等明天 |
[17:57] | when Alicia’s back in the office. | 艾丽西娅回来了再谈吧 |
[17:59] | Sure. Sure. | 好的 好的 |
[18:04] | Yeah. I mean, why not pay for two lawyers, not just one? | 没问题 请两位律师好过一位嘛 |
[18:07] | Yeah, that’s, uh… | 是啊 那样的话 |
[18:10] | That sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[18:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:26] | I was walking to the bar’s restroom | 我正走向酒吧厕所时 |
[18:28] | when I ran into Judge Creary. | 遇到了科瑞法官 |
[18:30] | Did you approach him? | 你主动跟他打招呼了吗 |
[18:31] | No. I was walking past him, and he called me. | 没有 我正要经过他时 他叫了我 |
[18:33] | And what did you talk about? | 你们谈了些什么 |
[18:34] | He told me I was losing and that my client was guilty. | 他说我会输 说我的当事人有罪 |
[18:38] | Actus reus Actus reus. | |
[18:39] | A guilty act? | 意思是”犯罪行为”吗 |
[18:40] | Yes. I told him he hadn’t yet heard all the evidence, | 是 我告诉他法庭证据尚未提交完毕 |
[18:43] | and that’s when he accused me of being a disbarred lawyer | 接着他就说我被取消了律师资格 |
[18:46] | and of bribing judges. | 说我贿赂法官 |
[18:48] | Objection. Your Honor, | 反对 法官阁下 |
[18:49] | if Judge Creary would like to testify, he is welcome, | 科瑞法官如欲作证 大可上庭 |
[18:53] | but he should refrain from editorializing. | 否则还请他别做点评 |
[18:54] | Excuse me. I think his Honor has shown great patience, young lady. | 抱歉 我认为他已表现出很大耐心了 女士 |
[18:58] | I know what you think, Your Honor. | 我知道您的想法 法官阁下 |
[18:59] | Does that mean you overrule my objection? | 您这是要驳回我的反对吗 |
[19:06] | The gallery should remain silent. | 旁听席应保持肃静 |
[19:10] | How did the conversation end | 谈话的最后 |
[19:12] | with Judge Creary, Mr. Gardner? | 科瑞法官说了什么 加德纳先生 |
[19:13] | He told me, if it was up to him, | 他说如果当初让他来定 |
[19:15] | I would never practice law again. | 我就别想再做律师 |
[19:16] | Thank you, no further questions. | 谢谢你 没有其它问题了 |
[19:19] | Hello, Mr. Gardner. | 你好 加德纳先生 |
[19:21] | Hi, Counselor. | 你好 律师 |
[19:23] | You say Judge Creary accused you of being a disbarred lawyer, | 你说科瑞法官指出你被取消了律师资格 |
[19:27] | and that was untrue? | 实际上却不然 |
[19:28] | Yes, I was suspended for six months | 没错 我只是暂停执业半年 |
[19:30] | but not permanently disbarred. | 并非永久性取消资格 |
[19:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[19:33] | Objection. | 反对 |
[19:34] | I’ll withdraw that, Counselor. | 我收回 律师 |
[19:38] | Do you know what the first search result is | 你知道在查查网搜索”威尔·加德纳” |
[19:40] | when you type “Will Gardner” into a Chumhum search engine? | 第一条答案是什么吗 |
[19:43] | That was a practical joke by an opponent. | 那条是对手客户搞的恶作剧 |
[19:46] | Would you mind reading what it says there? | 你介意读出此处内容吗 |
[19:50] | “Do you want ‘Will Gardner Disbarred Lawyer’?” | 你要找的是”被取消执业资格的威尔·加德纳”吗 |
[19:52] | But, again, this is a joke. | 但这仍是一句玩笑话 |
[19:54] | But you can understand why he might mistake you | 但这样你就明白为什么他会误认为 |
[19:56] | for a disbarred lawyer. | 你已被取消执业资格了 |
[19:58] | The fact that I was arguing in his court might suggest otherwise. | 我能参加他的庭审 正好说明我有执业资格 |
[20:00] | But it’s no secret you’ve had troubles this past year. | 但谁都知道你去年麻烦重重 |
[20:03] | You were suspended for stealing money from a client. | 你因盗取客户钱财而被暂停执业资格 |
[20:06] | – Is that correct? – Yes, but I replaced it. | -是这样吗 – 是的 但我归还了 |
[20:08] | Judge Creary called you a thief and a liar. | 科瑞法官称你为小偷和骗子 |
[20:11] | Can you really say those characterizations are inaccurate? | 你真敢说这种描述不准确吗 |
[20:13] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[20:15] | The question is whether or not Judge Creary showed bias | 争论点在于科瑞法官的言辞能否 |
[20:17] | by making these comments, | 说明他带偏见 |
[20:18] | not whether or not they were true. | 而无关言辞内容真实性 |
[20:21] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:23] | Wow, that’s some defense. | 辩论得真不错呢 |
[20:25] | Our lawyer may be a thief and a liar, | 就是说我们的律师可以是小偷和骗子 |
[20:27] | but the judge really can’t say it. | 但法官可说不得 |
[20:28] | Objection. | 反对 |
[20:29] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:31] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其它问题了 法官阁下 |
[20:37] | I’d like to call Judge Creary to the stand. | 我想请科瑞法官上庭 |
[20:39] | He’s had a change of heart and would like to testify. | 他改变主意了 想作证 |
[20:44] | You’ve heard Mr. Gardner’s accusations against you? | 你已听清加德纳先生对你的指责吗 |
[20:46] | I have. | 是的 |
[20:47] | And did you, in fact, call him a thief? | 你是否称他为小偷 |
[20:50] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[20:53] | Did you offer your opinions on the current case? | 你是否对自己正在审理的案件发表了意见 |
[20:55] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[20:56] | Oh, my God, you’re lying. | 天呐 你撒谎 |
[20:57] | Mr. Gardner, | 加德纳先生 |
[20:58] | you’ll find yourself in contempt. | 你再这样我就裁定你藐视法庭 |
[21:01] | Do you know why Mr. Gardner would be accusing you of this? | 你是否知道加德纳先生为何如此指责你 |
[21:03] | Well, I can only guess that he had… | 我只能猜测… |
[21:05] | he had many objections sustained against him that day | 那天我当庭多次驳回了他的反对要求 |
[21:08] | and he thought I was biased. | 他认为我带偏见 |
[21:09] | But everything else he said about this… | 他所说的你们在酒吧相遇的整件事情 |
[21:11] | bar encounter is a lie? | 都是谎言吗 |
[21:14] | Yes. | 是 |
[21:15] | We need to find a witness from the bar. | 我们需要找个酒吧证人 |
[21:29] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:30] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:31] | That was nice, getting a call. | 接到你的电话我很开心 |
[21:34] | I’m sorry, did I stop calling you or you stop calling me? | 抱歉 后来是我没打给你还是你没打给我 |
[21:37] | No, I called you– you just didn’t return. | 不是 我打给你了 你没回我 |
[21:40] | – Three times. – Ah, I’m sorry. I’m a jerk. | -打了三次 -抱歉 我是坏蛋 |
[21:44] | Mm, so… how much is this one worth? $80 a glass? | 这杯酒多少钱 80美元一杯吗 |
[21:48] | No, four dollars. | 不 4美元 |
[21:48] | Things are tough in Spain these days. | 西班牙最近经济形势可不大好 |
[21:50] | Oh, of course. | 那倒是 |
[21:52] | How is the family fortune? | 家族生意怎么样 |
[21:54] | Reduced by 70%. | 缩减了百分之七十 |
[21:55] | Ouch. Things are not great all over. | 看来大家日子都不好过 |
[21:59] | No. | 是啊 |
[22:00] | I read about your firm. | 我看到了关于你律所的消息 |
[22:02] | And you. | 还有关于你的 |
[22:06] | Where are you going after this? | 一会儿你去哪 |
[22:09] | Where am I going? | 我去哪 |
[22:11] | I don’t know. What about you? | 我不知道 你呢 |
[22:13] | I was gonna go home and read a briefing. | 我本来打算回家看看简报 |
[22:16] | A big long brief about farm subsidies. | 一份冗长的关于农产品补贴的简报 |
[22:20] | Sounds like a Thursday night. | 听着真惬意 |
[22:23] | Light some candles, run a bath, | 点几根蜡烛 放好洗澡水 |
[22:24] | read about the viability of ethanol as a fuel supplement. | 读读乙醇作为补充燃料的可行性 |
[22:29] | How viable is it? | 可行吗 |
[22:31] | Pretty damn viable. | 相当可行 |
[22:33] | More so than you might think. | 比你想的要更加可行 |
[22:42] | That’s not bad for four dollars. | 这4美元的酒还挺不错 |
[22:44] | Oh, I lied– it’s Dominio de Pingus. | 我骗你的 这是萍姑酒庄的 |
[22:45] | It’s $180 a glass. | 180美元一杯 |
[22:48] | I’ll count pennies tomorrow. | 我明天再开始省钱 |
[22:51] | Why aren’t you reading your e-mails? | 你为什么不看邮件 |
[22:52] | I sent you three e-mails today. | 我今天给你发了三封邮件 |
[22:55] | I am reading my e-mails. | 我在看邮件 |
[22:57] | Just not mine? | 就是不看我发的 |
[22:58] | Well, I always know when it’s important, | 我知道如果有要紧事 |
[22:59] | you’ll seek me out, and… | 你肯定就来找我了 |
[23:02] | here you are. | 你这不就来了吗 |
[23:04] | Uh… that one… that one there. | 那封 就在那里 |
[23:06] | Click on it. | 点开 |
[23:07] | And now the attachment. Click on it. | 看附件 打开 |
[23:18] | Have you been hanging around schools, Eli? | 你都晃荡到学校去了吗 伊莱 |
[23:20] | It’s not ours. | 不是我们的人拍的 |
[23:21] | This is a tracker from the other side. | 是对手派了人跟踪 |
[23:23] | That always sounds so sci-fi. | 听着总像科幻小说里的情节 |
[23:29] | – Eli… – It’s the other campaign. | -伊莱 -是对手的人拍的 |
[23:31] | They’re looking for vulnerabilities. | 他们在找我们的弱点 |
[23:33] | She was followed to school? | 她被跟踪到学校? |
[23:35] | This campaign has become about family values. | 这次竞选已经成了家庭观念的角逐 |
[23:38] | Kresteva has a kid with leukemia– | 克里斯特瓦有个患白血病的儿子 |
[23:39] | he wants to make it seem | 他想让公众认为 |
[23:41] | that you have a smoker who cuts class. | 你们有个抽烟又逃课的女儿 |
[23:45] | What is going on with my life? | 怎么诸事不顺啊 |
[23:52] | Where are you? We need you over here. | 你在哪里 我们这里需要你 |
[23:54] | Appreciate the opportunity… | 感谢你给我这个机会 |
[23:55] | It’s not about the opportunity. | 这跟机会无关 |
[23:56] | The campaign needs you, Jay. | 竞选工作需要你 杰 |
[23:58] | Things are falling apart here, and they’re getting angry at me. | 事情一团糟 他们都冲我发火 |
[24:01] | I can’t work full-time. | 我没法全职工作 |
[24:03] | What about after school? | 那放学后过来可以吗 |
[24:05] | – Did you see anyone follow you to school? – No. | -你看到有人跟踪你到学校吗 -没有 |
[24:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:10] | I’ll call you again. | 我会再打给你 |
[24:11] | – Hey, n-n-no… – This is so creepy. | -别 别挂 -太可怕了 |
[24:16] | I was sitting on a bench talking to a friend. | 我只是坐在台阶上和一个朋友聊天 |
[24:19] | What’s wrong with that? | 这有什么问题吗 |
[24:20] | Who’s the friend? | 这个朋友是谁 |
[24:21] | – Connor. – Who’s Connor? | -康纳 -康纳是谁 |
[24:23] | A boy. | 一个男生 |
[24:24] | Grace… | 格蕾丝 |
[24:27] | I’m not smoking. | 我没抽烟 |
[24:28] | I know. I didn’t say you were. | 我知道 我没有说你抽烟 |
[24:30] | These trackers… | 这些跟踪你的人 |
[24:32] | they will find any opportunity | 他们会找任何机会抓你的把柄 |
[24:34] | to paint you in a negative light, Grace. | 把你说成坏孩子 格蕾丝 |
[24:35] | I know. Is that it? | 我知道 就是这事吗 |
[24:39] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[24:40] | Zach, could you give us a second? | 扎克 你能回避一下吗 |
[24:45] | The girl who… | 那个… |
[24:46] | committed suicide– | 自杀的女生 |
[24:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:51] | Why did she do it? | 她为什么要自杀 |
[24:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:55] | She was cutting. | 她原来就割自己 |
[24:57] | She w… | 她什么 |
[24:59] | Cutting herself? | 用刀割自己? |
[25:01] | It’s not that weird; a lot of girls do it. | 并没有多奇怪 好多女孩都那样 |
[25:04] | Cut themselves? Why? | 用刀割自己吗 为什么 |
[25:06] | Why would they do that? | 她们为什么要那么做 |
[25:09] | – I don’t know. – Self-hatred? | -我不知道 -自怨自艾? |
[25:12] | I… I think it feels good to heal. | 我 我觉得她们喜欢伤口愈合的感觉 |
[25:20] | You would tell me if there’s anything wrong? | 你要是遇到问题会跟我说的 对吗 |
[25:22] | – I’m not cutting, Mom. – I know. | -妈 我没有在伤害自己 -我知道 |
[25:25] | It doesn’t have to be that. | 不一定非是那件事 |
[25:26] | I just… | 我只是… |
[25:27] | I love you, Grace. | 我爱你 格蕾丝 |
[25:30] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[25:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:33] | You’re a good girl. | 你是个好孩子 |
[25:48] | So, what do you need, Will? | 好了 威尔 你有什么事 |
[25:51] | What do I need? Why do you think I need anything? | 我有什么事 你为什么觉得我有事 |
[25:55] | That look on your face. | 你脸上那表情 |
[25:58] | You’re beautiful. | 你真美 |
[25:59] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[26:03] | The other night with Judge Creary… | 碰上科瑞法官那晚 |
[26:04] | – What? – No, I thought it was that. | -怎么了 -没事 我猜到是那件事 |
[26:06] | He denied it. It’s my word against his. | 他不承认 我空口无凭 |
[26:08] | You were there. | 但你当时在场 |
[26:09] | So that’s why you’re here? | 所以你就是因为这事来找我? |
[26:10] | No. | 不 |
[26:12] | But it wouldn’t hurt. | 你就顺便一提是吧 |
[26:15] | This is why I am not gonna do it. | 这正是为什么我不会那么做 |
[26:17] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[26:18] | Testify for you. | 为你作证 |
[26:19] | Creary was just showing off for me | 科瑞只是在我面前表现他自己 |
[26:22] | and giving you a hard time ’cause we dated. | 并让你难堪 因为你我以前约会过 |
[26:23] | And you’re the one who blew it out of proportion. | 是你在夸大其词 |
[26:25] | He said my client was guilty. | 他说我的委托人有罪 |
[26:27] | People say a lot of things. | 人都是信口开河的 |
[26:28] | You said that you returned my phone call. | 你还说你回了我电话呢 |
[26:29] | So this is about not returning your calls? | 你不帮我就因为我没回你电话吗 |
[26:31] | No, this is about not seeing the upside of crossing a judge. | 不是 是因为我觉得对抗法官没好处 |
[26:33] | The upside is: it’s the truth. | 好处就是 说出了真相 |
[26:36] | And that’s your real goal here? | 你这么费心就是为了这个目的吗 |
[26:38] | The truth. | 真相 |
[26:41] | We could subpoena you. | 我们可以给你发传票 |
[26:42] | Yeah, you could. | 是啊 你可以 |
[26:53] | Whoa. Cary Agos. | 凯里·艾格斯 |
[26:56] | What, you come to tell us how the other half lives? | 来给我们普及高级生活的定义吗 |
[26:58] | Still a $200 buy-in? | 还是200美元起吗 |
[27:00] | I don’t know– might be time to raise it. | 不知道 也许可以提个价码 |
[27:08] | So, you happy to be back at your old firm? | 回到老东家高兴吗 |
[27:11] | Ah, Gardner– he’s got it out for me. | 加德纳让我挺头疼的 |
[27:13] | Yeah? Man, he’s got it out for everyone. | 是吗 每个人都对他挺头疼的 |
[27:17] | Oh, yeah, your boss, he must be pissed. | 是啊 你老板 他一定很生气 |
[27:21] | You still clerking with Creary? | 你还是科瑞的书记员吗 |
[27:22] | Yeah. He is not happy. | 是啊 他很不高兴 |
[27:26] | But, well, he hasn’t been happy for a while. | 不过 他不高兴也不是一天两天了 |
[27:30] | Oh, yeah? Why is that, the double shifts? | 是吗 因为什么事 老加班吗 |
[27:32] | No, his wife. | 不 他妻子 |
[27:34] | Well, I guess his ex-wife. | 应该说 他前妻 |
[27:40] | Is it fair to consider you a reluctant witness here, Mr. Chapin? | 查平先生 你来作证是否并非自愿 |
[27:44] | It is fair to consider me both reluctant and really pissed. | 应该说我既不愿意又很生气 |
[27:47] | – Because you’ve been subpoenaed? – Yes. | -因为你是被传唤的 -对 |
[27:50] | And because I thought I was talking to a friend. | 而且我还以为跟我聊天的是朋友 |
[27:53] | Now, you are Judge Creary’s law clerk? | 那么 你是科瑞法官的书记员吗 |
[27:57] | Yes. I’m sorry, sir. | 是的 对不起 先生 |
[28:00] | Don’t worry. | 没关系 |
[28:01] | After Will Gardner’s suspension, | 在威尔·加德纳被吊销执照之后 |
[28:03] | what did you observe Judge Creary saying about Mr. Gardner? | 你听到科瑞法官是怎样谈论加德纳先生的 |
[28:07] | He called Mr. Gardner a liar and a thief. | 他说加德纳先生是骗子和小偷 |
[28:10] | And these are the same words that Judge Creary | 而科瑞法官却否认 |
[28:12] | denied speaking in their recent bar encounter? | 在酒吧见面时 说了同样的话 |
[28:15] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[28:16] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[28:18] | To your knowledge, | 据你所知 |
[28:19] | Mr. Chapin, is Judge Creary the only judge in Cook County | 查平先生 库克县法官中是否只有科瑞法官 |
[28:22] | who made derogatory comments about Will during his suspension? | 在威尔暂停执业期间对他有过负面评论 |
[28:25] | No. Everyone was talking about it. | 不 每个人都在谈论这件事 |
[28:27] | And all the judges were joking about it, too. | 所有的法官都在开此事的玩笑 |
[28:29] | Which judges in particular do you recall made comments? | 你还记得具体有哪些法官谈论过此事吗 |
[28:33] | Paver, um… | 佩佛 |
[28:36] | Worth… Ferraro… | 沃斯 费拉罗 |
[28:38] | Judge John Ferraro? | 约翰·费拉罗法官吗 |
[28:39] | Didn’t he recently rule in favor of Will Gardner | 他前几天在裁决一个驾车过失杀人案时 |
[28:41] | on a vehicular manslaughter suit? | 不是支持了威尔·加德纳吗 |
[28:44] | – I believe so. – Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | -是的 -反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[28:46] | It’s relevant because it proves | 与本案有关 因为这证明 |
[28:47] | a judge is fully capable of putting personal feelings | 一个法官在裁决案件时 |
[28:49] | about defense counsel aside when deciding a case. | 能完全不掺杂个人情绪 |
[28:52] | I quite agree. | 我非常同意 |
[28:53] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[28:55] | We need to move off of the personal animus strategy. | 不能继续采用个人仇恨的作战策略了 |
[28:57] | The key is his prejudging our client’s guilt. | 关键在于他提前判定了委托人有罪 |
[28:59] | Well, what about the witness at the bar? | 在酒吧的那位证人呢 |
[29:01] | She won’t testify. | 她不愿意出庭作证 |
[29:02] | Can’t we subpoena her? | 我们不能直接传唤她吗 |
[29:03] | I’m not sure she’ll tell the truth. | 我觉得她不一定会说实话 |
[29:05] | What else did your friend say about Creary? | 关于科瑞 你朋友还说了什么 |
[29:08] | You mean my ex-friend? | 你是说我的”前”朋友吗 |
[29:10] | Well, since Creary’s divorce, he’s been struggling with alcohol. | 自从他跟妻子离婚后 就一直在努力戒酒 |
[29:13] | – Going to AA? – Yes. Why? | -去参加AA了吗 -是的 怎么了 |
[29:15] | – Are we sure we want to go there? – I don’t know. | -真要用这招吗 -我不知道 |
[29:17] | If you go nuclear, don’t leave missiles in your silo. | 都使出核武器了 就别留着导弹了 |
[29:25] | So, are you gonna go to the funeral? | 那么 你会去参加她的葬礼吗 |
[29:28] | You should go to the funeral. | 你应该去参加 |
[29:31] | Why are you so interested in her? | 为什么你对她这么有兴趣 |
[29:33] | What do you mean? I’m not interested in her. | 什么意思 我没有啊 |
[29:36] | All you want to do is talk about her. | 你一直在谈论她 |
[29:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:40] | I just feel bad. | 我只是觉得难过 |
[29:43] | I thought you didn’t know her. | 你不是不认识她吗 |
[29:45] | I know, but I could still feel bad. | 是啊 但我还是觉得很难过 |
[29:47] | It’s just weird. | 这事太不可思议了 |
[29:50] | Her being dead. | 关于她的死 |
[29:51] | It’s not weird. | 这没有不可思议 |
[29:53] | Do you believe in God? | 你相信上帝吗 |
[29:55] | – No. – Why not? | -不 -为什么 |
[29:59] | Why is that funny to you? | 这有什么好笑的 |
[30:01] | You’re funny. | 你很好笑 |
[30:03] | Girls don’t come here to… talk about God. | 女孩们来这里通常不会 谈论上帝 |
[30:09] | They come in here to have sex? | 她们来这里是为了做爱 |
[30:16] | Is that what she did? | 她就是这样的吗 |
[30:19] | The other Grace? | 另一个格蕾丝 |
[30:21] | Uh-huh. | 对 |
[30:25] | We’re not gonna have sex. | 我不会跟你做爱的 |
[30:27] | I didn’t ask you. | 我又没问你 |
[30:30] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[30:35] | No. | 不 |
[30:38] | So that’s it? | 就这样 |
[30:40] | I’m late to class. | 我上课要迟到了 |
[30:44] | Tomorrow? | 那明天见 |
[31:06] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[31:09] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[31:11] | No, no, that’s good. | 不 不用 没关系的 |
[31:13] | Do you mind looking into Judge Creary’s drinking? | 你能调查一下科瑞法官酗酒的事吗 |
[31:15] | Okay. Everything okay? | 好的 没出什么事吧 |
[31:17] | Yeah, my daughter’s two steps away from dating Keith Moon, | 没事 我女儿差点就跟凯斯·穆恩在一起了 |
[31:21] | but everything’s fine. | 但一切都还好 |
[31:23] | Look, if you want to go out for a drink or | 如果想出去喝一杯 |
[31:26] | you want to speak, just give me a call, all right, | 或者想要谈谈 打给电话给我 好吗 |
[31:28] | and I’ll get onto that. | 那事我会去查的 |
[31:30] | All right, take care. | 好的 保重 |
[31:35] | Who’s that? | 谁的电话 |
[31:37] | Work. | 工作上的 |
[31:39] | The place where I work. | 我工作的地方打过来的 |
[31:45] | Was it Cary? | 是凯里吗 |
[31:47] | It wasn’t Cary. | 不是凯里 |
[31:50] | You need to give it a rest on the whole alpha male thing. | 你就别那么大男子主义了 |
[32:31] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[32:32] | How can we take a ten percent dive in I.T.? | 我们的电脑数据怎会跌了百分之十 |
[32:35] | We were in the middle of a reorganization, | 我们正在进行人事改组 |
[32:37] | and we’ve hit a bump. | 而且我们遇到了麻烦 |
[32:38] | What bump? | 什么麻烦 |
[32:39] | I lost my volunteers. | 有些自愿者走了 |
[32:41] | Well, get new ones. | 那就再招一些 |
[32:42] | No, there was one I needed. | 不 有一个我特别需要 |
[32:44] | – And what happened? – He’s in school. | -怎么回事 -他是学生 |
[32:45] | – He can’t work anymore. – Are you insane? | -他不能再干了 -你疯了吗 |
[32:47] | He’s in school and he can’t work anymore? | 他是学生 他就不能再做了吗 |
[32:48] | You tell him he has to work. | 你告诉他必须工作 |
[32:49] | He’s new. He’s not very committed… | 他是新来的 还不是很投入 |
[32:51] | Okay, shut up. | 好了 别说了 |
[32:52] | Is he here? | 他在这吗 |
[32:55] | Where? | 哪里 |
[33:00] | Jay, this is Eli Gold. | 杰 这位是伊莱·戈德 |
[33:02] | Jay is a new volunteer. | 杰是新的自愿者 |
[33:06] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[33:08] | No, kid, you’re staying. | 小孩 你要留下来 |
[33:09] | Mr. Gold would like to offer you a job. | 戈德先生要给你份工作 |
[33:18] | No, let him go. | 不 让他走吧 |
[33:24] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[33:29] | Are you pacing me? | 你在跟我拼酒吗 |
[33:34] | Another round, please. | 再来一轮 |
[33:36] | Two more beers? Sure. | 再来两杯啤酒吗 好的 |
[33:37] | Want me to get her number for you? | 要我去帮你要她电话吗 |
[33:44] | Do you ever get jealous? | 你曾经嫉妒过吗 |
[33:47] | Do I get jealous? Yeah, why? | 我曾经嫉妒过吗 是的 怎么了 |
[33:49] | Of who? | 嫉妒谁 |
[33:52] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[33:53] | People I’m dating. | 我的约会对象 |
[33:54] | When they meet someone else. | 当她们见其他人时 |
[33:57] | I’m narcissistic enough to think | 我自恋到以为 |
[33:59] | women should give up sex altogether after me. | 女人失去我之后就不会再有性趣了 |
[34:03] | You jealous of someone? | 你在嫉妒谁吗 |
[34:07] | How do you stop being jealous? | 怎样才能不再嫉妒 |
[34:12] | You stop caring. | 不再在乎 |
[34:14] | Start seeing other people. | 开始去见其他人 |
[34:15] | Like anything, it wears off after a while. | 就像所有事 时间一长就淡了 |
[34:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:19] | Or… you tell the person, | 或者 你告诉那人 |
[34:22] | “I don’t want you to see other people.” | 我不想你再去见其他人 |
[34:25] | But then you have to be ready to back it up. | 但那时你要做好准备 |
[34:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:30] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[34:32] | That’s a very genuine “Thank you” from you. | 你这句谢谢是发自内心的 |
[34:39] | I have to go to an AA meeting now. | 我现在得去AA会了 |
[34:45] | – Hi, thank you. – Welcome. | -谢谢 -欢迎 |
[34:47] | – Hello. Welcome. – Hi. | -你好 欢迎 -你好 |
[34:50] | Oh, is this your first time? | 你是第一次来吗 |
[34:51] | At this meeting, yeah. | 来这里 是的 |
[34:52] | I usually go to the one across town. | 我通常都是去城市另一头的那个 |
[34:54] | That’s great. Well, welcome. | 很好 欢迎 |
[34:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:56] | Actually, I’m looking for a friend of mine, Harrison. | 事实上 我想要找我朋友 哈里森 |
[34:59] | Do you know if he’s coming tonight? | 他今晚会来吗 |
[35:00] | I don’t. He’s usually here by now. | 不知道 他通常都是这个时间到 |
[35:04] | He’s doing well, isn’t he? | 他恢复得很不错 是吗 |
[35:06] | Thank you, Mrs. Vaughn. | 范恩夫人 谢谢 |
[35:08] | Do you attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings | 你和哈里森·科瑞法官 |
[35:10] | with Judge Harrison Creary? | 一起参加嗜酒者互诫协会吗 |
[35:15] | Mrs. Vaughn? | 范恩夫人 |
[35:21] | I do. | 是的 |
[35:23] | What does the judge share with the group at these meetings? | 法官在小组里都说了什么 |
[35:26] | Your Honor, this is truly outrageous. | 法官阁下 这真是太离谱了 |
[35:27] | Alcoholics Anonymous has a strict code of confidentiality. | 嗜酒者互诫协会有严格的保密规定 |
[35:30] | Yes, Counselor, unfortunately, AA is not covered | 对 律师 不幸的是嗜酒者互诫协会 |
[35:32] | by client, patient, or clergy privileges, | 不包括在客户 病人或牧师保密特权内 |
[35:35] | and answers can be compelled here. | 因此必须作答 |
[35:37] | I don’t agree with this, but the law is the law. | 我也不愿这么做 但是法律就是法律 |
[35:39] | Again, what has the judge shared at these meetings, ma’am? | 夫人 法官在小组里都说了什么 |
[35:43] | He recently returned to addiction when his wife left him. | 他最近因为妻子离开又开始酗酒 |
[35:47] | This is cruel. | 太残酷了 |
[35:54] | And did he say what happened when he drank? | 他有没有说过自己喝醉了会怎样 |
[35:58] | He blacked out. | 他会昏过去 |
[35:59] | Therefore, if Judge Creary had indeed prejudged | 因此 如果科瑞法官真的预先判定了 |
[36:03] | Mrs. Van Zanten for– what did he call it?– her actus reus– | 他所谓的范赞腾夫人的犯罪行为 |
[36:07] | and if he said as much to Mr. Gardner at the bar, | 如果他在酒吧里对加德纳先生说过这话 |
[36:10] | then due to his blackouts, he might not remember it now? | 由于他喝醉昏过去了 现在也不记得了吧 |
[36:15] | Ms. Hellinger, aren’t you going to object? | 海灵格小姐 你不反对吗 |
[36:17] | Am I going to…? | 我是否要 |
[36:19] | Yes. Thank you, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 谢谢 |
[36:21] | Sustained. Leading. | 反对有效 诱导证人 |
[36:23] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官阁下 |
[36:27] | I’ll keep this short and sweet. | 我要讲的很简洁明了 |
[36:28] | You want to work for your dad’s campaign, I won’t stop you. | 你想要帮你爸爸竞选 我不会阻止你 |
[36:31] | But I can’t speak for your mother. | 但是我不能帮你跟妈妈说 |
[36:33] | Now, if you want some advice | 至于如何告诉你母亲 |
[36:34] | as to how to present it to your mother, I would offer it. | 如果你需要意见 我倒能指点一二 |
[36:39] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[36:41] | Connor. | 康纳 |
[36:42] | Who’s Connor? | 康纳是谁 |
[36:43] | Grace’s friend. | 格蕾丝的朋友 |
[36:46] | Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[36:47] | Mr. Gold. | 戈德先生 |
[36:48] | About my mom. | 如何告诉我妈妈 |
[36:49] | Yes, yes, the best way to present it to your mom | 对 对 最好的方式就是让她明白 |
[36:51] | is that you’re becoming a part of the campaign anyway. | 你无论如何都已是竞选活动的一部分了 |
[36:54] | You don’t want to hate yourself by making your dad lose | 你也不想将来怨自己 爸爸落选 |
[36:58] | when there’s a chance you could help your dad win. | 就是因为少了你的一臂之力 |
[37:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:04] | Best not to say I was here. | 最好还别提我到过这儿 |
[37:06] | You weren’t here. | 你没来过 |
[37:27] | I am ready to rule. | 本席现在进行裁决 |
[37:30] | This trial has been, above all, angering. | 首先 此次庭审令人愤怒 |
[37:33] | I believe the defense– the ostensible defense– | 我认为辩方 表面上是辩方 |
[37:35] | at the moment it seems to be the prosecution– | 此刻反倒像是控方 |
[37:38] | they have resorted to rank character assassination. | 他们采取了令人不齿的人格攻击的方式 |
[37:41] | They have inflicted on Judge Harrison Creary a personal examination | 以谁都承受不住的私人调查 |
[37:45] | that none of us could survive. | 向哈里森·科瑞法官施压 |
[37:47] | They… | 他们 |
[37:53] | They have dug through his confessions. | 他们甚至揪出了他戒酒会的自白 |
[37:55] | They have subpoenaed innocent bystanders | 他们传讯无辜受殃者 |
[37:57] | and forced them to testify. | 强迫其出庭作证 |
[37:58] | I am, to be frank, disgusted. | 老实说 我对此厌恶至极 |
[38:00] | – Your Honor… – No, sit down. | -法官阁下 -不 坐下 |
[38:07] | Unfortunately I believe the defense has proven its case. | 遗憾的是 我认为被告证明了其控诉 |
[38:10] | I have doubts about Judge Creary’s memory | 我对科瑞法官当晚的记忆 |
[38:13] | of the evening in question. | 持有疑虑 |
[38:14] | To be factually correct does not mean to be right. | 事实正确并不意味着公正 |
[38:17] | Therefore, I am granting the defense’s motion to substitute. | 因此 我准许被告更换法官的动议 |
[38:20] | This case will be assigned to a new judge. | 这个案件将派一名新法官审理 |
[38:37] | Next time in front of a jury. | 下次胜利就是在陪审团前了 |
[38:39] | I think you’ll want to consider taking a plea first– 25 years? | 我猜你愿意先考虑一下25年的认罪条件 |
[38:42] | And why would we do that? | 为什么 |
[38:43] | Because your client was cheating on her husband. | 因为你的当事人对丈夫不忠 |
[38:47] | – No. – Actus reus– | -不 – Actus reus |
[38:48] | it’s not just Latin for “Guilty act.” | 不仅是拉丁文里的”犯罪行为” |
[38:50] | It’s an online forum for cheating spouses. | 也是一个外遇配偶论坛的名字 |
[38:53] | That’s why Judge Creary said “Actus reus.” | 所以科瑞法官才会说这个词 |
[38:56] | Before his divorce he visited the forum. | 他在离婚前曾访问过那个论坛 |
[38:58] | That’s when he saw your client’s profile. | 他在那时看到了你的当事人的档案 |
[39:01] | Still doesn’t mean she killed him. | 仍然不能说明她杀了他 |
[39:02] | You’re right, but we’re checking the Actus Reus logs, | 对 但我们正在查这个论坛的记录 |
[39:05] | and my guess is, we’ll find somebody else | 依我猜测 很可能会找到被你当事人 |
[39:07] | your client solicited to murder her husband. | 教唆去杀害她丈夫的真凶 |
[39:11] | Or you can take the 25 years. | 再考虑一下25年的条件吧 |
[39:23] | You know I share an office now. | 我现在和别人共用一间办公室 |
[39:26] | – So? – So I don’t think Cary would appreciate | -所以 -所以我觉得凯里或许会介意 |
[39:28] | you sitting at his desk. | 你坐在他的位置上 |
[39:29] | I’ve just gotten word that the trackers are following Zach, too. | 我刚得到消息 那些人还跟踪扎克 |
[39:33] | Yeah, we knew that. | 我们已经知道了 |
[39:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:35] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只想让你明白 |
[39:37] | that they’re involving your children in the campaign. | 他们想把你的孩子也卷进竞选中 |
[39:39] | I knew that, too. | 这我也清楚 |
[39:41] | I thought you might consider allowing them to be interviewed. | 我想你可以考虑让他们接受采访 |
[39:44] | No. | 不行 |
[39:46] | If Peter loses, you don’t want your kids to blame themselves. | 你也不想孩子们为彼得落选而自责吧 |
[39:51] | Eli, I’m tired. | 伊莱 我累了 |
[39:54] | Please just go. | 请你出去吧 |
[39:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:57] | Can’t say I didn’t try. | 我尽力了 |
[39:59] | I won’t. | 我知道 |
[40:14] | Oh. Hey, I’m sorry, buddy. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[40:17] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[40:18] | I hope I didn’t ruin your suit. | 希望我没把你的西装弄坏了 |
[40:21] | Hey, sorry, sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[40:25] | Sorry about that. | 真是抱歉啊 |
[40:26] | Hey, let, let me help you up. | 让我扶你一把吧 |
[40:36] | What is that, Calvin Klein? | 那是什么 卡尔文·克莱恩 |
[40:57] | Hello. | 怎么了 |
[41:00] | I want to help with Dad’s campaign. | 我想帮爸爸竞选 |
[41:05] | Okay, let’s talk. | 好吧 我们谈谈 |
[41:08] | I can help, | 我能帮上忙 |
[41:09] | and Grace and I are already part of the campaign | 不管格蕾丝和我想不想 |
[41:12] | whether we want to be involved or not. | 都已经卷进了竞选里 |
[41:14] | I don’t want to be part of the problem, | 我不想成为一个难题 |
[41:15] | I want to be part of the solution. | 我想解决难题 |
[41:17] | And how do you become part of the solution? | 你要如何解决难题 |
[41:19] | By helping at the campaign office. | 到竞选办公室帮忙 |
[41:21] | I’d work on their computers after school. | 我放学后去帮他们处理电脑问题 |
[41:23] | It’s only a 30-minute drive, and I’d go straight there. | 只是30分钟车程 我可以直接过去 |
[41:25] | And you’d only work in the campaign office? | 你只在竞选办公室里工作吗 |
[41:27] | Yes, Mom, | 没错 妈妈 |
[41:28] | and I’d still do my homework afterwards, | 之后我还是会完成作业 |
[41:30] | everything, I promise. | 和其他任务 我保证 |
[41:32] | Should I come back? | 我要回避吗 |
[41:33] | No, we’re fine. | 不 没事 |
[41:38] | Okay, I’ll think about it. | 好吧 我会考虑一下 |
[41:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:41] | You will? | 真的吗 |
[41:42] | I will. | 真的 |
[41:45] | What was that about? | 你们在讨论什么 |
[41:50] | You smell like cigarette smoke. | 你身上有股香烟味 |
[41:52] | It’s not me. | 我没抽烟 |
[41:52] | – It’s him? – Yeah. | -他抽烟吗 -对 |