时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | And does this abandoned pool | 这个废弃的游泳池 |
[00:19] | belong to one of your foreclosed properties? | 是否属于你们持有的法拍屋之一 |
[00:20] | It belongs to one of the properties | 这游泳池属于一位 |
[00:22] | where the householder could not repay his loan. | 未能按期还贷的业主的房屋 |
[00:24] | And therefore, we exercised our prerogative | 因此 银行作为止赎权的权利人 |
[00:27] | as the bank holding the lease to foreclose. | 我们行使了自己的权利 |
[00:29] | And this pool at 233 Graham Court… | 这个位于格雷汉姆苑233号的游泳池… |
[00:31] | Can I interrupt here? | 我能打断一下吗 |
[00:32] | It would save us all a lot of time to just stipulate | 为了节约大家的时间 |
[00:34] | that the five swimming pools are part | 就直说那五个泳池都属于 |
[00:36] | of the foreclosure package exercised | 亚特兰大商业银行的 |
[00:38] | by the Atlantic Commerce Bank. | 法拍屋吧 |
[00:39] | Good. If you stipulate to that, | 好 既然你明确了这一点 |
[00:40] | it will save us time. | 那大家都省时间了 |
[00:42] | I’ll be right back. | 我失陪一会 |
[00:44] | You okay, Kaley? | 你自己呆着 没事吧 凯莉 |
[00:45] | Yeah. Thank you, Mr. Gardner. | 我很好 谢谢你 加德纳先生 |
[00:48] | How’s it going? | 进行得怎么样 |
[00:49] | Pulling teeth. | 剑拔弩张 |
[00:50] | What’s that? | 这是什么东西 |
[00:51] | Notice of mediation. | 调解通知书 |
[00:53] | For? | 给谁的 |
[00:54] | Both of us. Wednesday. | 我们俩 星期三 |
[00:56] | Why? | 什么事由 |
[00:57] | The bankruptcy. | 破产 |
[00:59] | We have another five weeks. | 我们还有五周时间 |
[01:01] | – I know. – We need 60 million by February. | -我知道 -我们在二月前要筹足6千万 |
[01:03] | And yet, one of our creditors | 但是我们的债权人之一 |
[01:04] | wants a mediation on our progress. | 希望对我们的还款进度进行一次调解 |
[01:06] | – Which one? – I don’t know. | -哪一个 -不知道 |
[01:11] | Check with Clarke. | 问问克拉克 |
[01:12] | If we’re being called on the carpet, he is, too. | 既然我们被法官召见了 他也跑不了 |
[01:15] | Hmm. Wouldn’t hurt to go in with the 15 million | 不妨将亚特兰大商业银行的 |
[01:17] | from Atlantic Commerce. | 1500万作为突破口 |
[01:19] | We went down to 13. | 我们降到了1300万 |
[01:21] | It would be nice to | 和解金额 |
[01:22] | keep that settlement above ten. | 最好高于1000万 |
[01:25] | I’m doing my best. | 我全力以赴 |
[01:26] | Counsel, please tell your client to stop evading and answer. | 律师 请叫你的委托人正面回答问题 |
[01:28] | Yes, after you rephrase. | 可以 你先换个问法 |
[01:29] | Very simply, sir, you foreclosed on these… | 简单地说 先生 你收回了这些… |
[01:30] | The homeowners neglected to pay. | 业主未能按期还贷 |
[01:32] | You left these homes abandoned, you left these pools… | 你将这些房产弃之不理 将这些泳池… |
[01:34] | We did nothing. These pools? | 我们什么也没做 你说这些泳池 |
[01:35] | No, sir. After you kicked the homeowners out, | 没错 先生 当你们将业主撵出去后 |
[01:37] | you did nothing with the swimming pools. | 你们未对泳池进行任何处理 |
[01:39] | You let the water stagnate. | 任由其积满死水 |
[01:39] | The water was stagnant already. | 泳池本来就积满了水 |
[01:40] | And that water drew mosquitoes. These mosquitoes, to be exact. | 积水滋生蚊虫 确切地说是滋生这类蚊子 |
[01:44] | And those mosquitoes carried West Nile virus to my client, | 这类蚊子将西尼罗河病毒传染给了我的委托人 |
[01:46] | – Kaley Spence. – Oh, come on. | -凯莉·斯本司 -得了吧 |
[01:47] | Palsgraf v. Long Island Railroad. | 根据帕斯格拉芙诉长岛铁路案 |
[01:49] | There is no way that Mr. Millam and his bank | 米兰姆先生及其银行不可能 |
[01:51] | could know of this proximate cause. | 预见到这种近因 |
[01:52] | Good, then let your client testify to that. | 好吧 那就让你的委托人就此作证 |
[01:53] | Because what I have here is a warning from the CDC | 因为我这份来自疾控中心的警告 |
[01:56] | mentioning your pools as the culprit. | 提到你的泳池就是肇事者 |
[01:57] | – We were not aware of that. – “We”? | -我们之前没听说过 -我们吗 |
[01:59] | Are we speaking for the whole bank here? | 你现在是代表整个银行吗 |
[02:00] | – I was not aware of that. – Well, were you aware | -我之前不知道 -那你是否知道 |
[02:02] | of this letter of complaint written | 这封包括斯本司夫人等邻居 |
[02:04] | by the neighbors, including Mrs. Spence, | 联名提出的投诉信 |
[02:06] | about the declining conditions of the foreclosed homes, | 内容是关于法拍屋日益恶化的卫生状况 |
[02:09] | including the pools? | 包括游泳池 |
[02:11] | No. I was not aware of it. | 不 我不知道 |
[02:12] | You can see it was not addressed to me. | 你看这不是写给我的 |
[02:14] | Yes. It was addressed to your bank president, Wilkes Ingersol. | 没错 这是写给你们银行的行长 威克斯·英格索尔 |
[02:17] | Luckily, that’s who we’re deposing next. | 幸运的是 我们的下个取证对象就是他 |
[02:41] | It’s up to you now, Alicia. | 现在看你的了 艾丽西娅 |
[02:42] | They sent it up the line to the bank president. | 他们将线索引向了银行行长 |
[02:44] | I’m supposed to depose him in ten minutes. | 我十分钟后就要开始对他取证 |
[02:45] | How’s Minnesota? | 明尼苏达怎么样 |
[02:48] | Quiet. | 很安静 |
[02:49] | Ask the president if he ever saw the letter | 问问行长是否见过 |
[02:51] | from the homeowners. If he lies, we got them. | 业主的投诉信 如果他撒谎 我们就逮个正着 |
[02:53] | They don’t know we have the notes | 他们不知道我们掌握了 |
[02:53] | from the bank’s quarterly meeting. | 银行季度会议的记录 |
[02:55] | Get his backtracking on record, and we win. | 把他不承认见过投诉信的说法记录下来 我们就赢了 |
[02:57] | Okay. I’ll call you back in a few hours. | 好的 过几个小时我再联系你们 |
[03:00] | Wow, look who’s here. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[03:03] | Everywhere I turn. | 你真是无处不在 |
[03:04] | Alicia. What a pleasant surprise. | 艾丽西娅 见到你真是惊喜 |
[03:08] | How’s bankruptcy going? | 破产的事怎么样了 |
[03:09] | That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. | 杀不死我们的反而使我们更强大 |
[03:11] | Yeah, well, then you’re gonna be pretty strong. | 这样啊 那你们会非常强大 |
[03:13] | So, where are we? | 我们去哪里 |
[03:14] | Uh, the business center. | 商务中心 |
[03:17] | They got a business center here? | 他们这里居然有商务中心 |
[03:20] | For the record, I want to restate our agreement. | 我先声明 重申一下我们的协议 |
[03:22] | Mr. Ingersol’s a busy man, and he can only offer you | 英格索尔非常繁忙 他只能给你三小时 |
[03:24] | three hours for your deposition. | 进行取证 |
[03:25] | After that, he has to get back to his ranch. | 三小时后 他得回农场去 |
[03:27] | For his vacation? | 去度假吗 |
[03:28] | His working vacation. | 他工作度假两不误 |
[03:29] | Chopping wood? Milking cows? | 伐木? 挤奶? |
[03:32] | It’s hard work. | 那都是重活 |
[03:33] | So, we’re in agreement, Mrs. Florrick, about three hours? | 福瑞克夫人 三小时我们说好了吧 |
[03:35] | If it’s a true three hours, yes. | 只要是实实在在的三小时 没错 |
[03:37] | And if you’re in agreement to have the judge | 如果你同意直接连线法官 |
[03:39] | on call so that she can immediately | 那她就能立即裁定 |
[03:41] | settle any and all objections. | 任何反对意见 |
[03:42] | Yes, of course. | 当然同意 |
[03:46] | Are you getting cell phone coverage here? | 你的手机在这里有信号吗 |
[03:48] | If I stand on my bed and put my arms over my head. | 如果我站到床上把手举过头顶就有 |
[03:52] | Okay, we’re ready. | 好吧 我们准备好了 |
[03:55] | So, the clock will start | 从他一走进那扇门 |
[03:57] | as soon as he walks through that door. | 就开始计时 |
[03:58] | As soon as he sits in that chair. | 从他一坐在那把椅子上再计时 |
[04:00] | Oh, let’s not quibble. | 细节问题我们就别争了 |
[04:01] | Good. Then the chair. | 好 那就椅子 |
[04:07] | Wilkes Ingersol. | 威克斯·英格索尔 |
[04:08] | I’m the president of the Atlantic Commerce Bank, | 我是亚特兰大商业银行的行长 |
[04:10] | and a trustee of the Mercantile Exchange. | 也是商品交易所的监管人 |
[04:12] | Well, it’s nice to finally meet you, Mr. Ingersol. | 英格索尔先生 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[04:14] | You’re a hard man to find. | 真是贵人难寻 |
[04:15] | Really? Well… | 是吗 |
[04:17] | that’s not what my accountant says. | 我的会计师可不是这么说的 |
[04:23] | We’ve been trying to depose you for 14 months now. | 我们为了给你取证 已经等了14个月 |
[04:25] | Mrs. Florrick, if you wanted to read that into the record, | 福瑞克夫人 如果你要这些话记录在案 |
[04:26] | you could have done so before Mr. Ingersol arrived. | 大可在英格索尔先生到之前说 |
[04:28] | It’s all right, Louis. My apologies, ma’am. | 没关系 路易斯 很抱歉 夫人 |
[04:30] | I don’t mean to be flippant. | 我不是故意油嘴滑舌 |
[04:32] | Thank you for arranging this deposition near my ranch. | 谢谢你将取证安排在我的农场附近 |
[04:34] | I hope you weren’t inconvenienced. | 希望没有给你带来不便 |
[04:36] | I’m fine. | 我没有不便 |
[04:37] | Now, sir, if we could turn to these foreclosed homes | 现在 先生 我们来说说这些法拍屋 |
[04:41] | and their swimming pools… | 及其附带的游泳池 |
[04:42] | Yes. Um, could I say something first? | 好的 我能先说两句吗 |
[04:45] | Certainly, sir. | 当然可以 |
[04:46] | I understand there are a lot of homeowners | 据我所知有很多业主 |
[04:48] | who are underwater. | 穷困潦倒 |
[04:49] | I understand many homebuyers were enticed into taking on | 也听说很多买家被诱导 |
[04:52] | adjustable mortgages that eventually bankrupt them. | 选择浮动利率贷款而最终导致破产 |
[04:55] | But what I often think is that banks | 但我总认为银行 |
[04:57] | are made the bad guys in these equations, | 在这种情况下被当做了坏人 |
[05:00] | and that is unwarranted. | 这根本是莫须有的 |
[05:01] | – Thank you, sir. – But what I wholly condemn | -谢谢 先生 -但我非常谴责 |
[05:04] | are any efforts to advance political causes | 任何通过法律手段 |
[05:06] | through legal means. | 达到政治目的的行为 |
[05:08] | I mean, for example, | 比如说 |
[05:09] | uh, communities using eminent domain | 一些团体以征用权 |
[05:11] | to address bank foreclosures. | 来干涉银行止赎权 |
[05:12] | Or here, using this painful circumstance of a young child | 或者像本案 利用一个小孩 |
[05:16] | with West Nile virus | 因西尼罗河病毒导致的病痛 |
[05:18] | to force us to change our methods on foreclosures. | 来逼迫我们改变止赎的方式 |
[05:20] | I think you’ve been misinformed, Mr. Ingersol. | 我想你的消息有误 英格索尔先生 |
[05:23] | Kaley Spence is suing you for $15 million. | 凯莉·斯本司起诉你赔偿1500万 |
[05:26] | 13 million. | 1300万 |
[05:27] | She’s suing you because she had a promising career | 她起诉你是因为她本来有望成为 |
[05:29] | as a ballet dancer, | 一名芭蕾舞演员 |
[05:32] | and now she needs full-time care. | 而今她需要全天候看护 |
[05:33] | – We don’t need the photos. – I think we do. | -这些照片我们用不着 -我觉得用得着 |
[05:35] | Please leave them. | 放着吧 |
[05:37] | She’s a lovely girl. | 她是个可爱的小姑娘 |
[05:39] | I have a 15-year-old daughter myself. | 我也有个15岁的女儿 |
[05:41] | Sir, did you see this letter, | 先生 你是否见过这封信 |
[05:43] | written by the residents of the community complaining | 由社区居民提出的对法拍屋 |
[05:45] | about the state of these foreclosed homes? | 卫生状况的投诉 |
[05:47] | Objection. We have no foundation for this letter. | 反对 这封信无事实基础 |
[05:48] | Mr. Canning, this is a deposition. | 坎宁先生 这是在取证 |
[05:50] | There’s no need for foundation. | 无需事实基础 |
[05:51] | That’s not true, Mrs. Florrick, and I won’t have | 不是这样 福瑞克夫人 我不能让 |
[05:53] | Mr. Ingersol sandbagged… | 英格索尔先生落入你的圈套 |
[05:55] | Then let’s call the judge. | 那我们给法官打电话 |
[05:56] | She made you sit down for this deposition. | 是她让你们来进行这次取证 |
[05:58] | She will make you address my question. | 她会让你们回答我的问题 |
[05:59] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Florrick. | 抱歉 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:00] | We’re gonna have to leave it there. | 今天到此为止 |
[06:01] | No. Wha… wait a minute. | 不行 什… 等等 |
[06:04] | I just received an emergency text I have to address. | 我刚收到一条紧急信息必须马上处理 |
[06:07] | Sir, you have barely been here for three minutes. | 先生 你来了顶多就三分钟 |
[06:09] | I have only asked you one question. | 我才问了你一个问题 |
[06:10] | – Two. – No, one. | -两个 -不 一个 |
[06:11] | The judge was explicit in her ruling. | 法官的裁决已经说的很清楚了 |
[06:14] | If we made the effort to be near your ranch, | 若是我们尽力来到你农场附近 |
[06:15] | you must sit down with us | 你就必须坐下来 |
[06:16] | – for at least three hours. – And I will. | -和我们谈三个小时以上 -我会的 |
[06:18] | – But, again, this is an emergency. – No, sir! | -不过再强调一次 这是紧急情况 -不行 |
[06:20] | I’ll be back this afternoon at 2:00. | 我下午两点回来 |
[06:22] | Please be patient. You will get your time. | 请耐心些 我会给你时间的 |
[06:24] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[06:28] | Well, that is unfortunate. | 真是不幸啊 |
[06:30] | No, I think you’re doing well. | 不 我觉得你干得不错 |
[06:32] | We expected a bump in Maddie’s polling. | 我们料到了玛蒂的民调会有上扬 |
[06:34] | She’s the fresh new thing. | 她比较新鲜嘛 |
[06:35] | Yes, we expected that, too. | 没错 我们也料到了 |
[06:37] | We’re still beating her 47 to 42.5. | 我们仍以47对42.5领先 |
[06:39] | That’s outside the margin of error. | 这已经超出误差范围了 |
[06:40] | I know. We’re not worried. | 我知道 我们不担心 |
[06:42] | And yet you’re here. | 可你还是来了 |
[06:46] | It’s a visit. | 拜访一下而已 |
[06:48] | The Democratic Committee has a lot invested in your boy Florrick. | 民主党委员会对你家福瑞克下了大注 |
[06:50] | We want to make sure he wins. | 我们要确保他能赢 |
[06:52] | And you’re worried he won’t? | 你担心他赢不了吗 |
[06:53] | I’m worried the sun won’t rise tomorrow, Eli. | 我这人就是忧心重 伊莱 |
[06:56] | It’s a visit. That’s all. | 拜访一下 仅此而已 |
[06:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:59] | Come again sometime. | 欢迎下次再来 |
[07:02] | I heard something. | 我听到些风声 |
[07:05] | Something that worried me. | 这让我感到担忧 |
[07:08] | I heard your offices were raided. | 听说你们的办公室被突袭了 |
[07:09] | It’s nothing, Frank. | 没事的 弗兰克 |
[07:11] | It’s not nothing. | 这不叫没事 |
[07:12] | No raid is nothing. A raid is something. | 没有突袭才没事 有突袭就是有事 |
[07:14] | It’s not about the candidate. | 不是针对彼得的 |
[07:15] | I know it’s not about the candidate. It’s about you. | 我知道不是针对他 是针对你的 |
[07:20] | I’m not hiding anything from you. | 我没有隐瞒你什么 |
[07:22] | There are forces | 司法部内部 |
[07:24] | within the Justice Department | 有些势力 |
[07:25] | that do not want Peter to win the governorship. | 不希望彼得当选州长 |
[07:28] | Now, they don’t have the facts to come after him, | 他们没有彼得的把柄 |
[07:30] | so they’re coming after me as a steppingstone to Peter. | 所以他们把我当踏板来接近彼得 |
[07:32] | – And they have the facts to come after you? – N-No. | -他们有你的把柄吗 -没有 |
[07:34] | I’m just saying, they know | 我只是说 |
[07:37] | that Peter without me would be limping. | 他们知道彼得没了我不行 |
[07:40] | So, they want this. | 所以这样正中他们下怀 |
[07:41] | They want you coming to me suggesting… | 他们要你来建议我… |
[07:46] | What are you suggesting? | 你有什么建议? |
[07:49] | Not that you resign. | 不是要你辞职 |
[07:50] | You’re not an issue yet. | 你现在还没有问题 |
[07:52] | But you need a strong second | 但你需要一个强有力的副手 |
[07:53] | in case you do become an issue. | 以防你出了问题 |
[07:55] | I know you don’t like it, Eli. | 我知道你不喜欢这样 伊莱 |
[07:58] | But you need a second. | 但你的确需要一名副手 |
[08:12] | So, 2:00 P.M., huh? | 不是说下午两点吗 |
[08:14] | Yes. I’m not sure what happened. | 是的 我也不知道出了什么事 |
[08:16] | The judge won’t be happy. | 法官不会高兴的 |
[08:18] | Mr. Ingersol is a very… | 英格索尔先生是个非常… |
[08:19] | If I hear one more time how busy Mr. Ingersol is, | 我再听你说一次英格索尔先生有多忙 |
[08:23] | I will strangle you. | 我就勒死你 |
[08:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:29] | Yeah, yeah. I understand. | 好 好 我知道了 |
[08:32] | No, uh, she’s here. I’ll tell her. | 不用 她在 我转达给她 |
[08:34] | Okay, thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[08:37] | Mr. Ingersol would like to apologize… | 英格索尔先生非常抱歉 |
[08:38] | – Let’s get the judge on the line. – It’s an emergency. | -打给法官 -这是紧急情况 |
[08:40] | He said he just has to delay until tomorrow morning. | 他说他得推迟到明天早上 |
[08:42] | He set aside three hours starting at 10:00. | 他从十点开始预留了三个小时 |
[08:44] | He won’t count today’s ten minutes against it. | 今天的十分钟不会算进去 |
[08:45] | He wanted me to apologize to you personally. | 他要求我亲自向你道歉 |
[08:47] | He said he really enjoyed his time with you this morning. | 他说今天上午与你交谈很愉快 |
[08:49] | Let the record reflect | 请记录 |
[08:50] | that Mr. Ingersol has refused to attend… | 英格索尔先生拒绝参加… |
[08:54] | – He didn’t refuse to attend. … – failed to appear | -他没有拒绝… -没能按时出现 |
[08:56] | in a court-mandated deposition, despite promising to attend | 在法庭命令的庭外取证会上 尽管他保证 |
[09:00] | between the hours of 2:00 and 5:00 P.M. Today. | 在今天下午两点到五点间出席 |
[09:02] | Alicia, you might want to look at this tonight. | 艾丽西娅 也许今晚你该看看这个 |
[09:04] | The CDC has revised their report. | 疾控中心修改了他们的报告 |
[09:06] | It seems there’s another possible cause for the outbreak | 似乎除了我们的游泳池之外 |
[09:08] | of West Nile virus besides just our swimming pools. | 西尼罗河病毒还有另一个可能的爆发源 |
[09:11] | A koi pond?! | 一个鲤鱼塘? |
[09:12] | Yes, from a house that wasn’t foreclosed. | 没错 属于一幢没被银行收回的房子 |
[09:15] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[09:16] | The CDC report isn’t saying | 疾控中心报告没有确定 |
[09:17] | it’s definitely from the koi pond | 病毒究竟是来自这个鲤鱼塘 |
[09:19] | or from the swimming pools. | 还是来自游泳池 |
[09:21] | But the koi pond also had stagnant water. | 只是这个鲤鱼池里也有死水 |
[09:23] | The bank just got its wiggle room. | 这下银行就有回旋余地了 |
[09:25] | Yup. | 是啊 |
[09:25] | Okay, Alicia, we’ll handle this on our end. | 好的 艾丽西娅 我们来处理这个 |
[09:28] | You just get the bank president on record | 你只要把取得银行老板 |
[09:30] | about the neighbors’ letter. | 关于邻里来信的证词 |
[09:31] | When is he supposed to arrive? | 他什么时候能到 |
[09:32] | 10:00 A.M. tomorrow, but I think I’m getting the runaround. | 明早十点 但我觉得他们在推诿 |
[09:34] | Yeah. They’ll probably wait until you’re out get | 他们可能会趁着你吃早饭什么的时候来找你 |
[09:36] | breakfast or something, then they’ll tell the judge | 然后告诉法官 |
[09:37] | the witness was available, but they couldn’t find you. | 证人准备好了却找不到你 |
[09:40] | Mm. Unfortunately, you’ll have to outwait them. | 不幸的是 你得耗得过他们 |
[09:42] | Stay close to your room so they can’t say you were out. | 别离开太远 这样他们不能说找不到你 |
[09:44] | Oh. Yeah, okay. But I was only planning to stay for one night. | 好的 可我本来只打算待一个晚上 |
[09:48] | We’ll get clothes and incidentals out to you. | 我们会把衣物和杂物带给你的 |
[09:57] | Mr. Hayden. | 海登先生 |
[09:58] | Hello. I’ve been trying to get to you all day. | 你好 我找了你一天了 |
[10:01] | Yes. I’ve been in meetings | 是的 我一直在开会 |
[10:02] | – Do you have a minute? – No, actually, I don’t. | -有空么 -不 没有 |
[10:10] | Have you, uh, received a notice of mediation? | 你有没有收到调解的通知? |
[10:15] | No. | 没有 |
[10:16] | But you… | 可你 |
[10:18] | Mr. Hayden, is-is there something I should know? | 海登先生 有没有什么我该知道的 |
[10:23] | I requested the mediation. | 是我要求的调解 |
[10:27] | You? | 你? |
[10:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:30] | You need to be removed from your positions. | 你们两个应该被去职 |
[10:33] | The firm can’t be merged with you in control. | 你们两个掌控下的公司不可能合并 |
[10:34] | Mr. Hayden, this is… | 海登先生 这实在是… |
[10:36] | We’ve been nothing but cordial. | 我们一直以热忱待您 |
[10:38] | This is not about cordial. | 这与热忱无关 |
[10:40] | I had a firm ready to merge, | 我本有一家公司可以合并 |
[10:41] | to pay off your creditors, and you sabotaged it. | 偿清你们的债务 你们却毁了这机会 |
[10:43] | It was a bad deal. They wanted to break us up. | 那不是桩好买卖 他们想分拆我们 |
[10:45] | Yes, they did. That’s exactly the point, Ms. Lockhart. | 没错 问题就在这 洛克哈特小姐 |
[10:47] | You have creditors, you owe them money. | 你有一堆债主 你欠他们钱 |
[10:49] | They are not interested in your self-fulfillment. | 他们对你们的自我实现不感兴趣 |
[10:52] | They are interested in their money. | 他们关心的是他们的钱 |
[10:54] | Then let us make them their money. | 那就让我们给他们挣钱 |
[10:55] | Well, you’ll have a chance to argue that in mediation. | 你可以在调解的时候说啊 |
[10:59] | If we merge the firm, the creditors will receive | 如果我们让公司合并 债主马上就可以 |
[11:02] | 70 cents on the dollar right now. | 收回七成投资 |
[11:05] | Or they can trust that you will bring this firm back. | 或者他们会相信你能让公司起死回生 |
[11:08] | Either way, I’ll see you in mediation. | 不管怎样 调解会上见了 |
[11:39] | – No, no, take it. – No, no. | -不 你拿吧 -不用 |
[11:41] | I’m fine. You. | 我没事 你拿吧 |
[11:42] | I probably have more in my room. | 我房间里可能还有 |
[11:43] | Are you sure? I can split it with you. | 你确定吗 我们可以分分 |
[11:45] | No, that’d be messy. | 不用 那样就乱了 |
[11:47] | Thanks. I think the next store is 50 miles away. | 谢谢 我估计最近的店离这也有50里地 |
[11:49] | Are you here for the air show? | 你是来参观航空展的吗 |
[11:51] | No. | 不是 |
[11:52] | – There’s an air show? – Yeah, I think so. | -有航空展? -我想是吧 |
[11:54] | The hotel clerk kept talking about it. It was… | 旅馆店员一直在谈 真是… |
[11:57] | Oh. Excuse me. I have to run. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[12:01] | Mr. Canning! Hi. I’m here. I’m here. What’s up? | 坎宁先生 我在这 什么事 |
[12:05] | Oh, yeah, Alicia, I was… I was just about to leave you a note. | 艾丽西娅 我正要给你留便条 |
[12:07] | Mr. Ingersol can come in earlier this morning. | 英格索尔先生今早能来 |
[12:09] | Right now, as a matter of fact. | 就现在 实际上 |
[12:12] | Uh, we thought we’d missed you. | 我们本以为错过你了 |
[12:12] | I’m ready. I will meet you at the business center. | 我准备好了 商务中心见 |
[12:16] | Right. | 好的 |
[12:21] | Must have been delayed. | 肯定是被拖延了 |
[12:23] | That seems to happen a lot. | 似乎是常态了 |
[12:28] | I have a friend who… who’s dying. | 我有个朋友 快死了 |
[12:31] | Wants me to give the eulogy at-at his funeral. | 希望我在他葬礼上致悼词 |
[12:35] | He just e-mailed me. | 他刚给我来了电子邮件 |
[12:37] | He’s dying, and he sent you an e-mail? | 快死的人了还能发电子邮件? |
[12:39] | His wife did. | 他妻子发的 |
[12:40] | I hate that people my age are starting to die. | 我恨我这个年纪的人已经开始去世了 |
[12:44] | It’s really horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[12:46] | It is. | 是啊 |
[12:47] | He was my roommate in college. | 他是我大学的室友 |
[12:49] | Ian Keyes. | 伊恩·奇斯 |
[12:51] | Smartest guy I ever met. | 我见过的最聪明的家伙 |
[12:55] | Ever give a eulogy? | 你致过悼词吗 |
[12:59] | Yes. | 有过 |
[13:02] | To someone close? | 给亲近的人? |
[13:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:07] | Who? | 谁 |
[13:09] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[13:12] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:15] | How old was he when he died? | 他去世时几岁 |
[13:17] | 60 60. | |
[13:19] | That’s young. | 还很年轻啊 |
[13:21] | It is. | 没错 |
[13:25] | Am I upsetting you? | 我让你烦心了吗 |
[13:27] | No. Um, why don’t you call Mr. Ingersol, | 没有 你能不能打给英格索尔先生 |
[13:30] | and see what time he’s gonna be here? | 看看他什么时候能到这里 |
[13:31] | I’m not playing you, Alicia. He’s coming. | 我没有在玩你 他是在路上了 |
[13:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:36] | Yeah. We’re here. | 是的 我们到了 |
[13:39] | No? | 不行吗 |
[13:41] | Okay, wh-when? | 好吧 那什么时候 |
[13:42] | All right, well, just keep me in touch. | 好的 保持联系 |
[13:46] | 2:00 this afternoon. | 下午两点 |
[13:47] | Let the record reflect | 请记录 |
[13:49] | that Mr. Ingersol has refused to appear | 英格索尔先生 |
[13:53] | at a court-mandated deposition… | 拒绝出席法庭命令的庭外取证会 |
[13:57] | again. | 是再一次拒绝 |
[13:59] | You sure you want to do this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[14:00] | What’s the downside? | 可能会有什么负面影响吗 |
[14:02] | You’re a low priority. | 你的案子优先级比较低 |
[14:03] | Provoking them with a harassment suit | 用骚扰诉讼刺激他们 |
[14:05] | could make you a high priority. | 可能会让你成为优先目标 |
[14:09] | I don’t think I have any option. | 我想我没得选了 |
[14:11] | I’m sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[14:12] | I’m brand-new on this case, and there was a disagreement | 我刚接手这个案子 在谁来开会的问题上 |
[14:15] | about who should take this meeting. | 我们有点分歧 |
[14:17] | Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Gold, | 洛克哈特女士 戈德先生 |
[14:19] | good to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你们 |
[14:20] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[14:21] | This is a conflict of interest. | 你跟案子有利害冲突 |
[14:22] | What’s that, Mr. Gold? | 什么利害冲突 戈德先生 |
[14:23] | You ran against my boss. You lost. | 你和我老板竞选 你输了 |
[14:25] | – I beat you. – Yes, that’s true. | -我打败了你 -对 没错 |
[14:28] | Two years ago. | 但那是两年前的事了 |
[14:29] | You asked for a proffer against Mr. Florrick. | 你曾要求我提供对福瑞克先生的不利证言 |
[14:31] | That is a conflict of interest. | 那就是利害冲突 |
[14:32] | No, that was my investigator, Mr. LaGuardia. | 不 那是我的调查员拉瓜地亚先生提的 |
[14:35] | I have since rescinded that offer. | 我已经把它撤销了 |
[14:36] | Discounts for donations is a serious business, Mr. Gold. | 以打折服务换取捐款 可是很严重的 戈德先生 |
[14:39] | The DOJ takes it very seriously. | 司法部对待此事非常严肃 |
[14:41] | God. No one disappears. | 天呐 谁都不会消失 |
[14:43] | They all come back, like zombies. | 个个阴魂不散 像僵尸一样 |
[14:45] | Eli. This is a complaint, Ms. Scott-Carr, | 伊莱 这是份投诉 斯科特-卡尔女士 |
[14:48] | against the DOJ and your department. | 对司法部和你部门的投诉 |
[14:50] | We are charging you with harassment. | 我们告你骚扰 |
[14:52] | – Please read it. – I will. | -请读一下吧 -我会的 |
[14:54] | And I’ll have my secretary contact you | 之后我会让秘书联系你 |
[14:56] | about a time to interview. | 确定访问时间的 |
[14:58] | You want to beat Peter, do it at the ballot box. | 你想打败彼得 那就在竞选上来 |
[15:00] | Don’t use this petty ploy. | 别用这些小手段 |
[15:02] | This is not about beating Peter. | 这和打败彼得没关系 |
[15:03] | So you’re angry at me now? | 那你现在是生我的气了 |
[15:06] | Do I look angry? | 我看起来像在生气吗 |
[15:07] | My directive here is simple: | 我在这里的任务很简单 |
[15:09] | clean up political corruption. | 清除政治腐败 |
[15:11] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[15:14] | You underestimate me | 如果你觉得我在凭偏见做事 |
[15:16] | if you think I’m working from bias. | 那就太低估我了 |
[15:18] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会再联系你的 |
[15:18] | And you’ll read our complaint? | 你会看我们的申诉吗 |
[15:19] | Oh, yes. I have it right here. | 当然 我好好拿着呢 |
[15:22] | Sorry, I have to get to my next meeting. | 抱歉 我要去开下一个会了 |
[15:24] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:26] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[15:27] | I just saw you had to run off, so, I… | 我看到你急匆匆走了 就… |
[15:30] | Oh, my gosh. | 天呐 |
[15:31] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你太客气了 |
[15:32] | I know. It was nothing. | 我知道 没什么的 |
[15:34] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:36] | Uh… what do I owe you? | 我得还你多少钱 |
[15:38] | No, no, no, nothing. | 不不不 什么都不用 |
[15:39] | Well, I have to pay you something. | 我必须得把钱还你 |
[15:40] | No, you don’t. No. Next time. I’m Simone. | 不用了 下次吧 我叫西蒙 |
[15:42] | Oh, um, Alicia. | 我叫艾丽西娅 |
[15:43] | – There aren’t many people around here. – Yes, I know. | -这附近真没什么人来 -对 我知道 |
[15:46] | It’s so strange that they built this big hotel up here. | 所以他们在这里建这么大个饭店挺奇怪的 |
[15:49] | So, are you here for vacation or something? | 那你来这里是旅行还是做什么 |
[15:51] | Oh, no. Work. You? | 不是旅行 为了工作 你呢 |
[15:53] | Oh, my husband’s here for work. | 我丈夫到这里出差 |
[15:57] | You are probably the lawyer that he’s here to meet. | 你应该就是他要来见的律师吧 |
[16:00] | Are you Mrs. Canning? | 你是坎宁夫人吗 |
[16:01] | Yes. Are you Mrs. Florrick? | 对 你是福瑞克夫人? |
[16:03] | – Yes. – My husband speaks so highly of you. | -对 -我丈夫对你评价很高 |
[16:06] | – He does? – Yes. | -真的 -真的 |
[16:07] | He does. He thinks you’re fantastic. | 是真的 他觉得你非常好 |
[16:09] | For a while there, I thought I should be jealous. | 有一阵我还觉得很吃醋 |
[16:13] | I’m joking. | 我开玩笑的 |
[16:15] | But we should have breakfast sometime. | 我们有时间一起吃早饭吧 |
[16:17] | You know, if we’re going to be here for a while. | 如果我们还要在这里待几天的话 |
[16:19] | Are we going to be here for a while? | 我们还会在这里待几天吗 |
[16:22] | I don’t know. You tell me. | 我不知道 你说呢 |
[16:25] | Well, it was really nice to meet you. | 认识你真的很高兴 |
[16:27] | So, I’ll call you for breakfast? | 我回头打电话约你吃早餐? |
[16:29] | – Good. Yeah. – Okay. | -好的 没问题 -好 |
[16:34] | Simone? | 西蒙 |
[16:34] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[16:37] | I was so sorry to hear about your husband’s friend. | 我为你丈夫的朋友感到很惋惜 |
[16:41] | The one who’s dying? | 那个将不久于人世的朋友 |
[16:43] | Who’s that? | 是谁 |
[16:45] | Oh, never mind. It was my mistake. | 别管了 是我想错了 |
[16:49] | It was lovely to meet you, Simone. | 认识你很高兴 西蒙 |
[16:51] | You, as well, Alicia. | 我也是 艾丽西娅 |
[16:55] | Good job, Kalinda. He’s sure? | 干得漂亮 凯琳达 他确定吗 |
[16:58] | Yeah. Look, as far as I can tell, | 对 就目前我所了解的情况 |
[17:00] | the Aedus… Eedus…? Aed…? | 白纹… 百纹… 白什么 |
[17:03] | Aedes albopictus. | 白纹伊蚊 |
[17:05] | The… | 那个… |
[17:07] | this kind of mosquito breed doesn’t transmit West Nile, | 这种蚊子不会传播西尼罗河病毒 |
[17:10] | so it couldn’t have come from the koi pond. | 所以病毒不可能来自鲤鱼塘 |
[17:13] | That virus is transmitted by the ae-aed… | 病毒是由艾… |
[17:16] | – The other one? – Aedes aegypti. | -另一种叫什么 -埃及伊蚊 |
[17:19] | Aedes aegypti. | 埃及伊蚊 |
[17:21] | By a different type of mosquito. | 由另一种蚊子传播的 |
[17:23] | Excellent. Very good. | 太棒了 非常好 |
[17:25] | Just get him on the record. | 给他做证言记录 |
[17:27] | Ah, that’ll be fun. | 好 那会很有意思的 |
[17:30] | We’ll call you back, Kalinda. | 我们一会打给你 |
[17:34] | What’s going on out there? | 外面那是怎么了 |
[17:37] | He’s getting Cary in line to testify against us. | 他在争取凯里作对我们不利的证明 |
[17:39] | I just want to make sure we’re on the same page. | 我只想确定我们是有共识的 |
[17:42] | I think we are. Yeah. | 我觉得我们有 没问题 |
[17:44] | Good. Thank you, Cary. | 好的 谢谢你 凯里 |
[17:50] | Cary? | 凯里 |
[17:53] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[17:54] | What was Clarke discussing with you? | 克拉克跟你聊了什么 |
[17:55] | Uh, nothing. He just wanted to know | 没什么 就是想了解一下 |
[17:57] | about the clients who left last week. | 上周离开的那个客户的情况 |
[17:58] | And what did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[17:59] | I said nothing. | 什么也没说 |
[18:01] | – I just listened. – We’re just a little | -我就听了 -我们有点担心 |
[18:02] | worried he’s trying to line up a case against us, Cary. | 他在试图搜索对我们不利的证据 凯里 |
[18:06] | And that he might use you. | 而他可能会利用你 |
[18:08] | Do you think that’s a possibility? | 你觉得有可能吗 |
[18:10] | He didn’t say anything about that. | 他没提相关的事 |
[18:14] | Can we, um, talk to you, Cary, | 凯里 我们…能认为 |
[18:16] | about possibly testifying for us? | 你有可能帮我们作证吗 |
[18:21] | 2:30. And here we are again. | 两点半 我们依然如此 |
[18:24] | Why don’t you go for a walk? I’ll get you when he comes. | 你干嘛不去散个步 他来了我叫你 |
[18:31] | How’s your friend who’s dying? | 你那个将死的朋友怎么样了 |
[18:33] | Have you heard any more from him? | 你有收到更多的消息吗 |
[18:35] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[18:37] | Maybe you should call him. | 你也许该给他打个电话 |
[18:41] | Maybe he’s dead. | 也许他已经死了 |
[18:45] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 你什么意思 |
[18:46] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[18:48] | Am I being insensitive? | 是我太口无遮拦了吗 |
[18:50] | How’s the eulogy coming? | 悼词写得怎么样了 |
[18:51] | I mean, maybe you could ask Simone to help you on that. | 我是说 你也许可以让西蒙帮你写 |
[18:55] | You met my wife. | 你见过我妻子了 |
[18:56] | Yes, I did. | 对 我见了 |
[18:58] | She’s wonderful. | 她人很好 |
[18:59] | Yes, she’s… my better half. | 对 她是…我更好的那一半 |
[19:02] | She’s your only half. | 她是你唯一的一半 |
[19:04] | Funny, she’d never heard of Ian Keyes, your roommate. | 有趣的是 她从未听说过你室友伊恩·奇斯 |
[19:08] | Yeah, well… | 对 这个… |
[19:10] | I don’t share everything with her. | 我不会把所有事都跟她说 |
[19:12] | Your lies, for example. | 比如 你的谎言 |
[19:13] | You don’t share your lies? | 你不跟她分享你的谎言? |
[19:15] | No. | 对 |
[19:17] | Those I save for you. | 谎言是留给你的 |
[19:20] | What was even the point | 编一个自己朋友将不久人世的谎言 |
[19:22] | of lying about a dying friend? | 能有什么意义呢 |
[19:24] | I don’t know. It was a way of connecting. | 我也不知道 只是引起一点共鸣 |
[19:26] | Didn’t you feel we were connected? | 你不觉得我们当时有共鸣吗 |
[19:28] | How does a bastard like you end up with such a wonderful wife? | 你这么个混蛋怎么找到那么好的妻子的 |
[19:31] | Women like bastards. | 女人喜欢混蛋 |
[19:33] | Didn’t you notice that? It’s like a challenge. | 你没发现吗 就像挑战一样 |
[19:35] | Beauty and the Beast. | 美女与野兽 |
[19:36] | It fits in with all the fairy tales you grew up consuming. | 完全吻合与你们从小到大看的各种童话 |
[19:38] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[19:41] | Oh, there’s Godot. | 戈多来了 |
[19:44] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:46] | All right. Really? | 好的 真的吗 |
[19:48] | Let the record show that Mr. Ingersol has refused | 请记录 英格索尔先生 |
[19:52] | to attend a court-mandated deposition for the fourth time. | 第四次拒绝出席法庭命令的庭外取证会 |
[19:56] | He was literally a minute away when he had another call. | 他接到另一个电话时真只离这一分钟路程了 |
[19:58] | Oh, really? Just a minute away? Wow. | 真的? 就一分钟路远了? |
[20:00] | He says he can reschedule for tomorrow at 10:00. | 他说他可以改约明早十点 |
[20:02] | Okay, sure. Um, it’ll just… | 好的 没问题 正好… |
[20:05] | It’ll give you some time to read this. | 给你点时间看看这个 |
[20:08] | It’s saying that the CDC is updating their report again. | 上面说疾控中心更新了报告 |
[20:12] | The mosquito carrying | 携带西尼罗河病毒的文字 |
[20:13] | the West Nile virus could not have come from the koi pond. | 不可能来自鲤鱼塘 |
[20:16] | That’s the wrong kind of mosquito. | 那种蚊子品种不对 |
[20:18] | The right kind of mosquito could only | 正确的品种只可能 |
[20:20] | have come from the swimming pools. | 来自游泳池 |
[20:22] | So, nice try, Mr. Canning, but you lost. | 所以坎宁先生 你出的招不错 但你输了 |
[20:26] | And every day that this deposition is delayed, | 而这作证会每延迟一天 |
[20:29] | the judge is getting angrier, so… | 法官都会更愤怒 所以… |
[20:32] | …might want to rethink your strategy. | 你可能愿意重新思考一下策略了 |
[20:40] | Yeah, it’s me. | 对 是我 |
[20:42] | Yeah, I need you to look into something. | 对 我需要你帮我查点东西 |
[20:46] | So, Kaley, hi. | 凯莉 你好 |
[20:47] | Hi. | 你好 |
[20:48] | I just want to ask you a few questions, | 我想问你几个问题 |
[20:49] | and I know they might seem odd to you, | 可能这些问题对你来说会比较奇怪 |
[20:51] | but please bear with me. | 但还是请你好好回答 |
[20:53] | Have you ever heard of Aedes aegypti? | 你知道埃及伊蚊吗 |
[20:57] | No. | 不知道 |
[20:58] | Well, I can understand why. | 我明白原因 |
[21:00] | That’s a very long word for a very small mosquito. | 对小蚊子来说这名字是太长了 |
[21:03] | You don’t have to patronize her. She’s not eight years old. | 你没必要循循善诱的 她又不是才八岁 |
[21:07] | Thank you, Mr. Agos. | 谢谢提醒 艾格斯先生 |
[21:08] | This is an Aedes aegypti, Kaley. | 这就是埃及伊蚊 凯莉 |
[21:11] | This is the breed of mosquito that carries the West Nile virus. | 就是这种蚊子携带有西尼罗病毒 |
[21:15] | We didn’t know that until your attorneys pointed it out, | 我们也是经你的律师提醒才知道的 |
[21:17] | so thank you, | 所以也谢谢你们了 |
[21:17] | Mr. Gardner, Mr. Agos. | 加德纳先生 艾格斯先生 |
[21:19] | What do you have? | 你有什么牌 |
[21:20] | Now here are diagrams of the five abandoned swimming pools | 这里是有这种蚊子滋生的 |
[21:24] | that bred the mosquitoes. | 五个废弃泳池的结构图 |
[21:25] | Seems you’ve dropped the “Supposedly”” | 既然你没说”据推测” |
[21:27] | Are we in agreement, | 那你们是同意我们的说法了 |
[21:28] | the pools bred these mosquitoes? | 这种蚊子是你们的池子里滋生的? |
[21:29] | – Yes, we are. – Hallelujah. | -是的 -哈利路亚 |
[21:30] | Now, here are five diagrams of the five backyards, | 这里分别是五个场地的五张图表 |
[21:35] | and do you see here? | 看到这里没 |
[21:36] | Here are the distances between the pools and the perimeter fences. | 这都是泳池和外围栅栏之间的距离 |
[21:40] | 30 yards, 40 yards. And so on. | 30码(27.4米) 40码(36.6米)等等 |
[21:42] | – Do you see? – Yes. | -明白了吗 -是的 |
[21:43] | The thing about Aedes aegypti: | 埃及伊蚊的特点是 |
[21:46] | they are peridomestic mosquitoes. | 它们是近家栖类的蚊子 |
[21:48] | That means they exhibit short flight ranges | 就是说它们只能在不到50英尺(15.24米)的 |
[21:50] | of less than 50 feet. | 短距离范围内活动 |
[21:52] | That means there is no way they could have flown beyond | 也就是说它们根本不可能飞出 |
[21:54] | their respective yards. | 它们各自的场地 |
[21:55] | Are you testifying here, Martha? | 你这是在作证吗 玛莎 |
[21:57] | All preamble. | 铺垫罢了 |
[21:58] | Here’s my question. | 我的问题是 |
[21:59] | Kaley, did you climb the fence | 凯莉 你有没有爬过栅栏 |
[22:01] | into one of these abandoned yards? | 进入其中的一个废弃场地 |
[22:08] | Sorry to ask you again, Kaley, | 抱歉还得问一遍 凯莉 |
[22:09] | but you must tell the truth here. | 但你必须说实话 |
[22:11] | Did you climb the fence | 你有没有爬过栅栏 |
[22:12] | into one or more of the yards of these abandoned houses? | 进入其中的一个或几个废弃场地 |
[22:17] | One. | 一个 |
[22:19] | With my friends. | 和我的朋友一起 |
[22:22] | Then, I’m sorry, but the plaintiff | 我很抱歉 但原告擅自闯入了 |
[22:23] | trespassed onto our property, | 我们的领地 |
[22:25] | and we cannot be held liable for that trespass. | 我们对擅自闯入引发的后果不负责任 |
[22:28] | This suit is over. | 这案子了结了 |
[22:38] | My name is Serafina Norvey, and before we get started, | 我是瑟拉芬娜·诺威 在我们开始之前 |
[22:41] | I’d like to set the ground rules for this mediation. | 我想先把这次调解的规矩说清楚 |
[22:44] | Granted, we’re in your offices, and outside those doors, | 虽然我们是在你们的办公室 在这扇门外 |
[22:48] | you may all be bosses, | 你们或许都是老板 |
[22:49] | but in here, I am the empress. | 但在这儿 我是女皇 |
[22:52] | Now, I understand, | 好了 我知道 |
[22:53] | as the court-appointed trustee, | 法院委任的监管人的意见是 |
[22:55] | you’d like to have the two principals removed as managing partners? | 你想撤销这两位负责人的管理职位 |
[22:58] | Yes. They blocked a merger of the firm | 是的 他们阻挠了我安排的 |
[23:00] | that I’d arranged with Burl Preston. | 与伯尔·普雷斯顿的合并计划 |
[23:02] | That merger would have met all the financial obligations | 那个合并本来可以解决所有的 |
[23:05] | – of the bankruptcy. – Is that true? | -由破产引起的债务问题 -是这样吗 |
[23:07] | A merger was never part of the original arrangement. | 最初的计划中没有合并这个选项 |
[23:11] | Mr. Hayden overstepped his authority | 在还未满5个月的期限下 |
[23:13] | when he tried to arrange that deal | 海登先生就试着安排合并交易 |
[23:14] | before the full term of the five-month deadline. | 这属越权行为 |
[23:17] | My job was | 我的工作是 |
[23:18] | to satisfy the terms set down by the court. | 满足法院规定的条款 |
[23:19] | Actually, it was against the terms of the court, | 但实际上 这和法院条款相违背 |
[23:22] | in that it did not honor the original timeframe. | 它没有遵守最初的时间表 |
[23:25] | Also, it worked to undermine our progress. | 并且 它还妨碍了我们的进度 |
[23:27] | What progress? | 什么进度 |
[23:29] | We’ve managed to raise a great deal of money | 我们在很短的时间内 |
[23:30] | in a short amount of time. | 成功筹到了一大笔钱 |
[23:32] | How much? | 多少 |
[23:33] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[23:34] | How much money? | 多少钱 |
[23:35] | $20 million. | 二千万 |
[23:36] | Which is 40 million short of what they need. | 就是说还有四千万的缺口 |
[23:38] | And we are very close to finalizing a $13 million settlement | 我们和亚特兰大商业银行的一笔 |
[23:42] | with Atlantic Commerce Bank. | 1300万的交易也很接近了 |
[23:42] | They are not “Very close.” | 算不上什么”很接近” |
[23:44] | They are in deposition. | 只是在取证而已 |
[23:45] | Which is how it works, Mr. Hayden. | 都是这么进行的 海登先生 |
[23:46] | You negotiate in depositions. | 在取证中谈判 |
[23:48] | You try to stay out of court. | 避免上法庭 |
[23:50] | Ma’am, if we had a trustee who understood the law… | 女士 要是我们的监管人懂法… |
[23:52] | Excuse me. I know as much as anyone…! | 抱歉 我和其他人懂得一样多… |
[23:54] | All right, all right. | 好了 好了 |
[23:56] | This is not marriage court. | 这不是在打离婚官司 |
[23:57] | I’m not here to make you like each other. | 我不是来让你们互相喜欢的 |
[23:59] | But, Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Gardner, | 但是 洛克哈特夫人 加德纳先生 |
[24:02] | I think you’re losing sight of the big picture here. | 我认为你们没有看清大局 |
[24:04] | This isn’t about you. | 重要的不是你们 |
[24:06] | This is about your creditors. | 是你们的债权人 |
[24:07] | – Yes, Your Honor. – “Ma’am.” | -是的 法官阁下 -“女士”就行了 |
[24:09] | I’m not a judge. | 我不是法官 |
[24:11] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 抱歉 女士 |
[24:13] | Our creditors are voting with their pocketbook | 我们的债权人掏钱将我们的债务买下 |
[24:17] | by buying up our debt. | 正是信任我们的表现 |
[24:18] | – They are? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[24:19] | We recently got in touch with our creditors | 我们最近联系了我们原本的债权人 |
[24:21] | about this mediation, | 想讨论一下这次调解 |
[24:22] | and they informed us that they no longer are our creditors. | 他们通知我们 他们不再是我们的债权人了 |
[24:25] | A consortium of financiers called Encinal Equity | 一个叫橡树资产的金融家财团 |
[24:29] | has purchased their debt. | 购买了他们的债务 |
[24:30] | And people don’t buy bad debt. | 有人买的债 不会是坏债 |
[24:31] | Yes, but by that logic, | 不错 但根据这个逻辑 |
[24:33] | your creditors are fleeing your debt by selling it. | 你们原本的债权人通过转让 把你们的债甩掉 |
[24:36] | People don’t sell good debt. | 有人卖的债 不会是好债 |
[24:37] | Ma’am, all we ask is | 女士 我们所要求的 |
[24:39] | for enough time to present our arguments. | 就是有足够的时间来展示我们的理由 |
[24:42] | This mediation has come as quite a surprise to us. | 这次调解让我们有点措手不及 |
[24:44] | How long will you need? | 你们需要多久 |
[24:45] | We should be prepared to present | 我们应该下周就可以 |
[24:47] | witnesses and evidence by next week. | 准备好证人和证词了 |
[24:48] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[24:51] | Let’s talk about the swimming pool | 我们来谈谈这个位于 |
[24:53] | at 233 Graham Court. | 格雷汉姆苑233号的游泳池 |
[24:55] | This one here. | 就是这个 |
[24:56] | This pool had several water features, correct? | 这个泳池有好几个水上项目 对吗 |
[24:58] | I’m not sure?? what you mean. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[24:59] | In addition to having a deep end and a shallow end, | 除了有深水和浅水区 |
[25:01] | there was also a diving board, a waterfall, and a grotto? | 还有跳水板 瀑布和洞穴 |
[25:04] | Okay. I agree. | 是的 我同意 |
[25:06] | Was the grotto boarded up after the bank took possession? | 银行接管后 洞穴封闭了吗 |
[25:09] | No. | 不是 |
[25:13] | Did you receive reports from neighbors | 你有没有从邻居那听说 |
[25:14] | that the waterfall feature was being used by skateboarders? | 滑板爱好者经常利用这些水上项目 |
[25:17] | Where’s this going, gentlemen? | 你要说什么 先生 |
[25:18] | Mr. Millam, would you admit | 米兰姆先生 你认同该泳池 |
[25:20] | the pool was an attractive nuisance? | 属诱惑性损害吗 |
[25:20] | 对于孩子来说是诱惑力的地方 即便孩子是非法侵入者 土地主人也应注意保护孩子不受到伤害 | |
[25:22] | Objection. | 反对 |
[25:23] | That does not apply here. | 这不适用于本案 |
[25:24] | Kaley climbed a fence to reach the pool. | 凯莉是爬过栅栏才进入的泳池 |
[25:26] | Which makes it a textbook case of attractive nuisance. | 这样就更是典型的诱惑性损害了 |
[25:29] | It’s the responsibility of the homeowner– | 房产主人 |
[25:31] | in this case, Atlantic Commerce Bank to secure the swimming pool | 即亚特兰大商行 有责任做好泳池的安全措施 |
[25:34] | and make sure it did not become a danger to children. | 确保它不会对儿童构成危害 |
[25:36] | Once again, there was a fence, | 再说一次 那儿是有栅栏的 |
[25:37] | and your client is not a child. | 你的当事人也并非儿童 |
[25:39] | Kaley Spence was 12 years old at the time. | 凯莉·斯本司当时只有12岁 |
[25:41] | A very young, sheltered 12. | 一个幼小的 不谙世事的12岁小女孩 |
[25:43] | So you were sheltered? Is that it, Kaley? | 你当时不谙世事? 是么 凯莉 |
[25:44] | You want to question our client, depose her. | 要问我们当事人问题 走采证程序 |
[25:52] | Oh, you sure are well-dressed. | 你打扮得真讲究哪 |
[25:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:56] | And you are in my office. | 而你在我的办公室 |
[25:59] | Oh, I see you two have met. | 你们见面了啊 |
[26:01] | Eli Gold, Jordan Karahalios. | 伊莱·戈登 乔丹·卡拉利赫斯 |
[26:06] | The boy wonder. | 原来是神奇小子 |
[26:07] | God, I hate that name. | 老天 我讨厌这个名字 |
[26:10] | The ever-quotable Rahm Emanuel. | 拉姆·伊曼纽尔叫过我这个 别人就老学 |
[26:12] | Never gonna live that down. | 看来是摆脱不了这个名字了 |
[26:13] | We were headed out to see Peter. | 我们正要去见彼得 |
[26:15] | I figured you two should meet first. | 但我想你们应该先见一下 |
[26:16] | Because…? | 因为… |
[26:19] | That thing we discussed before, | 我们之前讨论过的那事 |
[26:21] | about how you needed a second. | 你需要一个助手什么的 |
[26:24] | I like Peter. | 我喜欢彼得 |
[26:26] | He’s not one of those processed sales jobs. | 他不是那种加工过的推销品 |
[26:27] | He’s got grit. | 他很有性格 |
[26:29] | Jordan wants to offer you guys some time. | 乔丹想为你们工作 |
[26:30] | He’s had lots of offers. | 他可是有一大堆工作机会的 |
[26:31] | Even Maddie Hayward, isn’t that right? | 甚至玛蒂·海沃德都给他工作了 对吗 |
[26:33] | Yeah, she’s great. | 没错 她很棒 |
[26:34] | A little green, maybe. | 或许嫩了点 |
[26:35] | So, you think you two can work together? | 你觉得你们能一起工作吗 |
[26:38] | I heard you like to work alone, Jordan. | 我听说你喜欢单独工作 乔丹 |
[26:41] | I do. | 是的 |
[26:42] | But I also like to learn from my elders. | 但我也喜欢向老前辈学习 |
[26:46] | I just want to get an idea | 我只是想弄清楚 |
[26:48] | how you might handle certain situations, okay? | 在一些特定情况下你会怎么做 好吗 |
[26:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:51] | Would you ever go into a store and take something | 你会去商店 |
[26:53] | without paying for it? | 拿了东西却不付钱吗 |
[26:55] | No. | 不会 |
[26:56] | If you got lost in an airport, what would you do? | 如果在机场迷路了 你会怎么办 |
[26:59] | Find a policeman and ask him to help. | 找到警察 向他求助 |
[27:01] | Were you ever allowed to stay home alone | 你有没有被允许在没有保姆的情况下 |
[27:03] | without a babysitter? | 一个人呆在家里过 |
[27:04] | Sometimes. | 有时会 |
[27:06] | Well, I used to. | 那是以前的事 |
[27:07] | Not now, because of what happened to me. | 现在我的身体情况已不允许了 |
[27:11] | Thank you, Kaley. | 谢谢你 凯莉 |
[27:12] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[27:13] | Your client is mature enough to understand right and wrong. | 你们的委托人足够成熟 能分辨是非 |
[27:15] | Attractive nuisance does not apply here. | 诱惑性损害对本案不适用 |
[27:16] | That’s not for you to decide. | 这不是你能决定的 |
[27:18] | That’s right. It’s for a jury. | 你说得对 那是由陪审团决定的 |
[27:20] | Which means court. | 也就意味着要上法庭 |
[27:21] | Which means we’re not negotiating a settlement. | 而上法庭意味着我们不会庭外和解 |
[27:26] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[27:27] | Still in a holding pattern. | 还在等着呢 |
[27:28] | He’s supposed to be here in an hour, | 我们约定一小时后开始 |
[27:30] | but I’m not holding my breath. | 但我不觉得他会准时到达 |
[27:32] | We really need Ingersol. | 英格索尔的证词至关重要 |
[27:33] | The case is going down the drain. | 不然我们就前功尽弃了 |
[27:35] | I think it’s about this merger with Corsica Pacific. | 我觉得和科西嘉太平洋公司的并购案有关 |
[27:37] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[27:39] | Alicia, they’re stalling | 艾丽西娅 他们一直拖着 |
[27:40] | because they don’t want a $13 million settlement | 是因为不想让一笔1300万的赔偿金 |
[27:43] | – to mess up this merger. – Well, we can’t wait. | -毁掉并购计划 -我们等不了 |
[27:45] | Alicia, is there any way you can | 艾丽西娅 你能找到证据 |
[27:46] | get proof they’re stalling? | 证明他们故意拖延吗 |
[27:52] | Bad news, unfortunately. | 很不幸 又得改时间 |
[27:54] | Really? What a surprise. | 真的吗 太出乎意料了 |
[27:56] | Yeah, it’ll have to be pushed till this afternoon. | 是的 恐怕要改到今天下午了 |
[27:57] | Something came up at the last minute. | 临时出了些紧急情况 |
[28:00] | I say, it’s pushed till this afternoon. | 没听见吗 取证会推迟到下午了 |
[28:04] | I thought we would use this time to depose someone else. | 我们可以用这个时间来采集其他人的证词 |
[28:08] | – What, for practice? – Rita! | -什么 彩排吗 -丽塔 |
[28:11] | What’s going on here, Alicia? | 你要干什么 艾丽西娅 |
[28:12] | Please have a seat, Ms. Neves. | 请坐 内维斯小姐 |
[28:14] | Would you state your name and your occupation for the record? | 请说出你的姓名与职业以供记录 |
[28:18] | Rita Neves. | 丽塔·内维斯 |
[28:19] | I am a housekeeper here at the Janesville Mountain Retreat. | 我是金斯维尔山庄酒店的保洁员 |
[28:22] | What, are we playing games here? | 搞什么 你玩过家家呢 |
[28:23] | And this morning, were you near enough | 今天早上 你是否在坎宁先生附近 |
[28:25] | to Mr. Canning to overhear his telephone conversation? | 并听到他在打电话 |
[28:28] | Yes. I was in his room cleaning | 是的 我去打扫他的房间 |
[28:31] | while he was talking on the phone. | 他当时正在打电话 |
[28:32] | Objection. That’s hearsay. | 反对 这是传闻证据 |
[28:33] | Can you describe what you heard? | 请描述你听到了什么 |
[28:34] | He say, “No, don’t come now. | 他说 “别 先别过来 |
[28:37] | I call when Florrick steps out”” | 等福瑞克走了我打给你” |
[28:39] | Objection. | 反对 |
[28:40] | That had nothing to do with Wilkes Ingersol. | 那通电话与威克斯·英格索尔无关 |
[28:41] | Is that statement for the record? | 你这话要作为呈堂证供吗 |
[28:44] | This conversation is totally taken out of context. | 你这完全是断章取义 |
[28:45] | It had nothing to do with Wilkes Ingersol. | 那段话与威克斯·英格索尔毫无关系 |
[28:47] | It was to my… partners in Chicago. | 我是在打给我…芝加哥律所的合伙人 |
[28:52] | Ed, you can come in now! | 艾德 进来吧 |
[28:54] | What now, Mrs. Florrick? | 你又要搞什么 福瑞克夫人 |
[28:55] | You got some farmers you want to depose? | 采集某个农夫的证词吗 |
[28:56] | Can you state your name and occupation? | 请说出你的姓名与职业 |
[28:58] | Ed Jeffries. I work at the front desk. | 艾德·杰弗瑞 我在前台工作 |
[29:01] | And, um, can you tell me how many calls were made | 可以告诉我 共有几通电话 |
[29:03] | from Mr. Canning’s hotel room? | 从坎宁先生的房间拨出吗 |
[29:04] | Objection. | 反对 |
[29:05] | Your objection has been preserved for the record. | 您的反对已被记录在案 |
[29:07] | Please tell me how many calls | 请告诉我有几通电话 |
[29:09] | were placed from Mr. Canning’s room? | 从坎宁先生的房间拨出 |
[29:12] | – Four. – That is private information. | -四通 -那是我的隐私 |
[29:13] | And were all those calls placed to the same number? | 四通电话都是打给同一个号码吗 |
[29:16] | Three to the Ingersol Ranch, | 三通是打给英格索尔农场的 |
[29:17] | one to another local number. | 另一通是一个当地号码 |
[29:18] | So no calls were placed | 所以没有任何一通电话 |
[29:20] | to Mr. Canning’s partners in Chicago? | 是打给坎宁先生芝加哥律所的合伙人对吗 |
[29:21] | Well, there were no calls to Chicago. | 没有打到芝加哥的电话 |
[29:24] | Thank you, Ed. | 谢谢你 艾德 |
[29:37] | Don’t you want to stay for my call to the judge? | 你不留下来等我给法官打电话吗 |
[29:40] | Or do you want to be held in contempt in absentia? | 还是你想因缺席而被判藐视法庭呢 |
[29:50] | Given this evidence, Mr. Canning, | 坎宁先生 依据这些证据 |
[29:51] | I rule for the plaintiff. | 我支持原告 |
[29:53] | Present the witness or be held in contempt. | 让证人来作证 否则我会判你藐视法庭 |
[29:55] | When is the earliest he can be deposed? | 他最早什么时候能来作证 |
[29:57] | Tomorrow morning at 10:00. | 明早十点 |
[29:58] | Your Honor, Mr. Canning has been saying that for two days now. | 法官阁下 坎宁先生已这样拖了两天了 |
[30:00] | Mr. Ingersol is dealing with an ongoing emergency. | 英格索尔先生在处理一个突发事件 |
[30:03] | Mr. Canning, have your client there | 坎宁先生 让你的委托人明早十点 |
[30:05] | 10:00 a.m. or be held in contempt. | 前来作证 否则你会被判藐视法庭 |
[30:07] | Do you understand? | 听明白了吗 |
[30:08] | I do. | 明白 |
[30:13] | I’ll see you at 10:00. | 明早十点见 |
[30:20] | I don’t need a lawyer. | 我没在找律师 |
[30:22] | Yes, but you never know about the future, Mr. Ellstrom. | 我知道 但以后的事谁也说不准 埃斯特伦先生 |
[30:24] | Tobin. | 叫我托宾 |
[30:25] | I’m not in politics anymore, Ms. Lockhart. | 我已经不搞政治了 洛克哈特小姐 |
[30:27] | The Department of Justice is making moves | 司法部正在采取行动 |
[30:30] | against past and current campaign managers, | 审查以往和当下的竞选经理人 |
[30:32] | so I think that you should review your past campaigns. | 我认为您应该审查一下您以前的竞选活动 |
[30:36] | “Making moves”? | 采取行动? |
[30:37] | On what issue? | 要查什么 |
[30:38] | Discounts for donations. | 为拉赞助给出的优惠条件 |
[30:40] | Campaign managers offering discounted legal services | 竞选经理为赞助者提供优惠的法律服务 |
[30:43] | in exchange for campaign contributions. | 以换取竞选活动赞助 |
[30:45] | That’s just Chicago politics. | 这不是芝加哥政坛潜规则嘛 |
[30:46] | And since you were a lawyer prior to your work | 考虑到您在做温迪·斯科特-卡尔的 |
[30:50] | as Wendy Scott-Carr’s campaign strategist, | 竞选经理前曾是名律师 |
[30:52] | I thought there might be some issue there. | 我认为您也许会被找上麻烦 |
[30:54] | This is about Wendy Scott-Carr? | 这事跟温迪的竞选有关 |
[30:56] | No. | 不 |
[30:58] | It’s about all your campaign work. | 是跟您所有的竞选工作有关 |
[31:00] | But Wendy Scott-Carr especially? | 但尤其是温迪的竞选对吗 |
[31:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:04] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[31:05] | Certainly. Here’s my card. | 好的 这是我的名片 |
[31:08] | Don’t forget. | 别忘了 |
[31:16] | Hello, Tobin. | 你好 托宾 |
[31:17] | How nice to hear from you. | 真高兴接到你的电话 |
[31:18] | Do you know a lawyer named Diane Lockhart? | 你认识一个叫戴安·洛克哈特的律师吗 |
[31:21] | Yes, I do. Why? | 认识 怎么了 |
[31:23] | She just approached me about my past work with you. | 她刚刚找我说我以前帮你竞选的事 |
[31:26] | She did? | 真的吗 |
[31:27] | Yeah, she said the Department of Justice is investigating | 是的 她说司法部在查竞选经理 |
[31:29] | discounts for donations, | 为拉赞助给出的优惠条件 |
[31:31] | and that I might be implicated. | 说我有可能被牵连 |
[31:34] | She wanted you to call me. | 她是故意想让你打给我 |
[31:35] | What? | 什么 |
[31:36] | She wanted you to call me | 她的目的就是让你打给我 |
[31:38] | so I would know that if I pursue them | 为了告诉我 若我以清查竞选经理为由 |
[31:39] | on discounts for donations, they’ll pull you in. | 找他们麻烦 他们也会把我拖下水 |
[31:43] | No, she just wanted me to hire her. | 不是 她只是想让我雇她做我律师 |
[31:44] | No, Tobin, she didn’t. | 不 托宾 她意不在此 |
[31:46] | This was a warning shot across my bow. | 这是他们给我的一个警告 |
[31:48] | So what are you gonna do? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[31:50] | We ran a clean campaign, Tobin, didn’t we? | 我们当时的竞选活动是清廉的对吗 托宾 |
[31:53] | Well, yes, but nothing’s 100%. | 是的 但事情都不是绝对的 |
[31:56] | No, we ran | 不 我们的 |
[31:57] | a clean campaign. | 竞选活动是清廉的 |
[32:00] | Just don’t talk to her again. | 别再理她了 |
[32:22] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[32:24] | And clothes. | 还带着衣服 |
[32:26] | And incidentals. | 还有杂物 |
[32:34] | God, it’s quiet. | 老天 真够安静的 |
[32:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:41] | You’ve had two days of this? | 你两天以来一直这样吗 |
[32:42] | And two nights. | 两天两夜 |
[32:44] | It’s not that bad, actually. | 其实也没那么糟糕 |
[32:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:48] | I’d kill someone. | 是我就想杀人了 |
[32:52] | You know what I miss about my old life? | 你知道我最怀念旧时光什么吗 |
[32:55] | Before the glamour of the law? | 在从事光荣的法律事业前 |
[32:59] | What? | 什么 |
[33:00] | The quiet. | 那些安静的时刻 |
[33:03] | At home, in the afternoons, | 每天下午 在家里 |
[33:05] | I would drink every day at 3:00. | 到了三点的时候 我都会喝上 |
[33:08] | A glass of red wine. | 一杯红酒 |
[33:11] | Waiting for the kids to come home. | 等孩子们放学回家 |
[33:16] | I miss the silence in the house at 3:00. | 我怀念每天下午三点家里那份寂静 |
[33:20] | Just… | 感觉 |
[33:23] | …nothing going on. | 时间静止了 |
[33:28] | I miss this. | 我怀念与你交心 |
[33:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[33:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:55] | You know, I don’t think | 你知道吗 我觉得 |
[33:56] | Ingersol’s gonna show up tomorrow at 10:00. | 英格索尔明早十点不会出现 |
[33:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:00] | Cary thinks that they’re trying to avoid | 凯里说他们在努力避免 |
[34:02] | a road bump in their merger. | 让此案破坏他们的并购计划 |
[34:06] | Do you have that other number Canning was calling? | 坎宁拨过另一个号码 你有那号码吗 |
[34:09] | There were three to the ranch | 他拨了三通电话给农场 |
[34:11] | and one to a local number. | 一通给一个当地号码 |
[34:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:14] | What’s your thinking? | 你怎么看 |
[34:17] | I don’t know. | 还不知道 |
[34:18] | Maybe there’s a real emergency. | 也许他们真的有突发情况 |
[34:23] | Cary Agos. | 我是凯里·艾格斯 |
[34:24] | A fourth-year associate at Lockhart/Gardner. | 克哈特&加德纳律所的四年律师 |
[34:27] | And were you asked by Mr. Hayden for your assistance | 过去三个月 海登先生是否曾向你寻求 |
[34:31] | – over the last three months? – Yes. | -法律上的帮助 -是的 |
[34:32] | And for how many hours a week were you asked to help him? | 你每周有多少个小时用来帮助他 |
[34:35] | Roughly… | 粗略统计 |
[34:37] | ten hours a week. | 每周十个小时 |
[34:38] | And this was done on your time? | 你是用私人时间帮他吗 |
[34:40] | As a fourth-year associate, | 作为一个四年律师 |
[34:41] | very few hours in a day actually constitute my time. | 每天的私人时间是少之又少的 |
[34:44] | But you managed? | 但你还是顾得过来 |
[34:45] | Yes. Yes, I did manage. | 是的 我顾得过来 |
[34:47] | And what did Mr. Hayden ask of you? | 海登先生要你帮他什么 |
[34:51] | He asked me to be his tutor. | 他让我做他的辅导员 |
[34:54] | His tutor? | 辅导员? |
[34:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:56] | He asked me to help him study for the upcoming bar exam. | 他让我帮他准备他的律师资格考试 |
[34:59] | And what prompted that arrangement? | 是什么促成了这件事 |
[35:02] | Mr. Hayden had attended law school years earlier, | 海登先生很多年前就读了法学专业 |
[35:04] | but never attempted to pass the bar. | 却从没有参加过律师考试 |
[35:07] | Now working at Lockhart/Gardner had reinvigorated him. | 在洛克哈特&加德纳律所的工作激励了他 |
[35:11] | And did you feel you had any choice in the matter but to help him? | 你觉得这件事上 你有选择的自由吗 |
[35:18] | No. | 没有 |
[35:20] | Thank you, Mr. Agos. | 谢谢你 艾格斯先生 |
[35:23] | Anything, Mr. Hayden? | 有要说的吗 海登先生 |
[35:28] | Uh, yes. | 有 |
[35:30] | Uh, you stated that fourth-year associates | 你刚刚说 四年律师 |
[35:34] | rarely have time of their own. | 基本没有自己的时间 |
[35:37] | Yes. | 对 |
[35:38] | But you found the time to help me? | 但你却有时间帮我? |
[35:42] | I didn’t feel as if I had a choice. | 我当时根本没有别的选择 |
[35:45] | You held sway over the entire firm. | 整个公司都在你掌控下 |
[35:50] | Isn’t it true that I offered to pay you for your assistance? | 我是不是提议过 付钱请你来帮我 |
[35:54] | Yes, you did. | 你确实提过 |
[35:55] | – And did you refuse my offer? – Yes. | -而你拒绝了我的提议 -对 |
[35:57] | Did I ever state or imply that you would be afforded | 我是否声明或暗示过 因为你的帮助 |
[36:00] | preferential treatment for your help? | 我会给你提供其他优先待遇 |
[36:01] | No, you did not. | 不 你没有 |
[36:03] | Did I ever state or imply | 我是否声明或暗示过 |
[36:05] | that you would be penalized if you refused to help me? | 如果你拒绝提供帮助 我会惩罚你 |
[36:08] | No, you did not. | 不 你没有 |
[36:12] | Your Honor… | 法官大人 |
[36:13] | “Ma’am.” | 叫”女士” |
[36:15] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[36:17] | Lockhart/Gardner… | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[36:20] | has no shame | 不知廉耻地 |
[36:22] | in trying to besmirch my name for their own personal gain. | 试图通过玷污我的名誉来谋取私利 |
[36:25] | It goes to their… | 因为他们有种不合逻辑的狂热 |
[36:27] | illogical passion for winning at all costs. | 为了胜利可以不择手段 |
[36:33] | Once again, I ask that Diane Lockhart and Will Gardner | 我再次要求 将戴安·洛克哈特和威尔·加德纳 |
[36:36] | be removed from their managerial positions at the firm. | 从公司的管理阶层除名 |
[36:40] | I’ll take your words under advisement, Mr. Hayden. | 我会对你的话予以考虑 海登先生 |
[37:00] | Ingersol’s not dodging the depositions | 英格索尔拖延取证进程 |
[37:02] | because of the merger. | 不是因为合并的事 |
[37:03] | Why then? | 那是为什么 |
[37:04] | He’s been seeking treatment at an experimental cancer center. | 他一直在癌症研究实验中心接受治疗 |
[37:09] | He’s… Since when? | 他 什么时候开始的 |
[37:11] | A few months ago. The number Canning | 几个月前 坎宁从这里拨出去的电话 |
[37:13] | dialed from here was a center run by Vivek Assadullah, | 是打给维克·艾瑟顿开的研究中心 |
[37:16] | a cancer specialist. | 他是一位癌症专家 |
[37:18] | Ingersol’s battling non-Hodgkin lymphoma. | 英格索尔患有非霍奇金淋巴瘤 |
[37:20] | That’s not public knowledge. | 这件事鲜有人知啊 |
[37:22] | No, it’s not. | 是的 |
[37:24] | Thanks, Kalinda. Is Alicia there? | 谢谢你 凯琳达 艾丽西娅在吗 |
[37:25] | Sure. Alicia. | 在 艾丽西娅 |
[37:30] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[37:30] | Use it. They don’t want it to come out before the merger. | 这消息要利用 在合并前爆出来对他们不利 |
[37:33] | I know. I’m on it. | 我知道 我去办 |
[37:36] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[37:39] | Oh, no. Ms. Scott-Carr, do you have an appointment? | 不是吧 斯科特-卡尔小姐 你有预约吗 |
[37:41] | No. We’re here to confiscate Eli Gold’s files. | 不 我们是来查收伊莱·戈德的文件 |
[37:44] | He operated his crisis management firm out of these offices, | 他的危机管理业务是在你们的律所里操作的 |
[37:46] | which makes Lockhart/Gardner | 也就是说洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[37:49] | open to investigation as well. | 也有可能接受检查 |
[37:50] | That is bizarrely tenuous. | 这个理由太站不住脚了 |
[37:52] | And yet, supported by the judge. | 这一决定 受法官支持 |
[37:56] | Thank you… | 谢谢 |
[37:57] | for the warning shot. | 你的鸣枪警告 |
[37:59] | It gave me time to acquire the warrant. | 正好给了我时间申请搜查令 |
[38:01] | This investigation is so hypocritical. | 你的调查真虚伪 |
[38:03] | Okay, the files in here first. | 好的 先从这里的文件开始 |
[38:19] | Don’t worry. He’s coming. | 别担心 他会来的 |
[38:20] | He’s just… a few minutes late. | 他只是 会迟到一会 |
[38:31] | O ye of little faith. | 你这小信的人哪(语出旧约马太福音) |
[38:36] | Good afternoon, Mr. Ingersol, | 下午好 英格索尔先生 |
[38:38] | – and welcome back. – Thank you. | -欢迎回来 -谢谢 |
[38:40] | How are you feeling today? | 你今天怎么样 |
[38:42] | Good. Why? | 很好啊 怎么了 |
[38:44] | Just a pleasantry. | 寒暄一下而已 |
[38:47] | Well… thank you. | 是吗 谢谢 |
[38:49] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[38:51] | Good. Why don’t we pick up where we left off. | 好的 那我们继续上次未完的谈话吧 |
[38:54] | Did you see this letter | 你有没有看过这封 |
[38:56] | that was written by the residents of the community, | 来自邻居们的信 |
[38:58] | complaining about the state of the five foreclosed homes | 信里投诉那五栋法拍屋及其游泳池 |
[39:00] | and their swimming pools? | 管理不善 |
[39:01] | I, uh, did not. | 我 没看过 |
[39:03] | You see it’s addressed to you? | 这封信确实是寄给你的 |
[39:04] | I do. | 是的 |
[39:05] | If I read every letter addressed to me, | 但是如果每一封寄给我的信我都看完 |
[39:07] | I wouldn’t have time to… shave or sleep. | 我根本没时间 洗漱或睡觉 |
[39:13] | So that answers that, Alicia. | 所以这就是答案了 艾丽西娅 |
[39:15] | Any other questions? | 还有别的问题吗 |
[39:17] | Mr. Ingersol, are you aware | 英格索尔先生 你知道吗 |
[39:18] | that it is an SEC violation to withhold an illness | 向股东隐瞒病情 |
[39:21] | from shareholders? | 是违反证交会的规定的 |
[39:23] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[39:25] | Your objection has been noted. | 你的反对我已知道 |
[39:26] | Are you aware that it is an SEC violation? | 你是否知道这是违反证交会规定的 |
[39:31] | Yes, but I’m not sure what this has to do with your lawsuit. | 我知道 但是我不知道这跟本案有什么关系 |
[39:34] | It has to do with your intent to delay, Mr. Ingersol. | 跟你意欲拖延有关 英格索尔先生 |
[39:38] | Atlantic Commerce is a publicly held company. | 亚特兰大商业银行是个上市公司 |
[39:40] | The shareholders have a right to know if the leader | 股东有权知道 |
[39:43] | is facing a critical illness. | 领导者患有重病 |
[39:46] | And according to his profile, | 根据档案 |
[39:48] | Dr. Vivek Assadullah is a specialist | 维克·艾瑟顿医生是一名 |
[39:50] | who conducts experimental treatments | 治疗非霍奇金淋巴瘤的 |
[39:52] | – for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. – Objection. | -研究专家 -反对 |
[39:55] | This is beneath you, Alicia. | 这手段太低级了 不是你的做派 |
[39:57] | No, unfortunately, it’s not. | 不 很不幸 你高估我了 |
[40:04] | The emergency you were dealing with, Mr. Ingersol, was… | 英格索尔先生 你面临的紧急情况是 |
[40:09] | Uh, Ms. Court Reporter, | 法庭记录员女士 |
[40:10] | do you mind stepping out for a moment, please? | 你能不能让我们私下聊聊 |
[40:13] | My name is Mika. | 我叫米卡 |
[40:15] | So sorry. Mika. Of course. | 很抱歉 米卡 谢谢 |
[40:21] | You were being treated for non-Hodgkin lymphoma, | 你一直在接受非霍奇金淋巴瘤的治疗 |
[40:24] | and you didn’t want this knowledge made public | 而你不愿将这个消息公之于众 |
[40:25] | before your merger with Corsica Pacific. | 因为你要跟科西嘉太平洋公司合并 |
[40:30] | This does not have to go on the record, Mr. Ingersol. | 这一事实我们可以不记录 英格索尔先生 |
[40:34] | We have been trying for weeks now | 我们已经连续几周 |
[40:36] | to negotiate with Mr. Canning. | 试图跟坎宁先生进行谈判 |
[40:37] | And if you approve this settlement of $15 million, | 如果你同意支付1500万和解费 |
[40:42] | the questioning can end right here. | 这件事绝对不会泄露出去 |
[40:53] | Uh, one second, Eli. | 稍等一下 伊莱 |
[40:55] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅怎样 |
[40:56] | Yes. $12 million. | 是的 1200万 |
[40:58] | $3 million to us. | 300万是我们的 |
[40:59] | Uh, good. I’ll be right there. Yeah. | 好的 我马上过去 好 |
[41:03] | As I was saying, Eli, unfortunately, | 就像我说过的那样 伊莱 很不幸 |
[41:04] | this changes everything. | 这样一来 情况就急转直下 |
[41:06] | Wendy’s doing this so you can’t be my lawyer. | 温迪这样做 就是不想你们做我的律师 |
[41:08] | I know. But now that we’re part of this… | 我知道 不过既然我们已经被卷入 |
[41:10] | probe into your practices, | 针对你竞选活动的调查 |
[41:12] | we are precluded from representing you. | 我们就不能再代理你了 |
[41:14] | We have a list of potential attorneys. | 我们认识一些你可以考虑的律师 |
[41:16] | I’ve called the top three. | 我已经联系了最强的三个 |
[41:17] | All are ready for your call. | 都等你电话呢 |
[41:18] | And so it goes, | 然后就开始了 |
[41:20] | the endless cycle of Chicago investigations. | 没完没了 周而复始的芝加哥式调查 |
[41:23] | Hey, guys. Do you know when the old man is coming back? | 知不知道那个老男人什么时候回来 |
[41:26] | Eli. There you are. | 伊莱 你在这啊 |
[41:28] | Let’s talk about debate prep. | 来谈谈准备辩论的事 |
[41:30] | – Let’s. Maddie Hayward is putting all her time into prep. | -好啊 -玛蒂·海沃德一直在准备 |
[41:33] | That’s when she really wants to make her mark. | 她想利用这次机会大赚人气 |
[41:34] | And I looked at the schedule, and you… | 我看了一下时间表 你 |
[41:36] | you barely have Peter down. | 根本没给彼特排出时间 |
[41:38] | We received a settlement offer today for $12 million. | 我们今天接到了一个1200万和解的邀请 |
[41:41] | And just today, Encinal Equity | 而就在今天 橡树资产 |
[41:43] | completed their purchase of Lockhart/Gardner debt. | 购入了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的债务 |
[41:46] | They are invested in our financial health, | 他们对我们的财政有信心 愿对我们投资 |
[41:48] | and we intend to honor that commitment. | 我们绝不会辜负这份信任 |
[41:51] | Mr. Hayden, | 海登先生 |
[41:52] | I understand your disappointment in losing a merger opportunity, | 我理解你失去合并机会的失望心情 |
[41:56] | but I do believe this purchase of debt suggests | 不过我认为这次的债务购入 |
[42:00] | the financial community has faith in management. | 说明金融机构对他们的管理有信心 |
[42:03] | Therefore, I have determined | 因此 我决定 |
[42:05] | Ms. Lockhart and Mr. Gardner not | 洛克哈特女士和加德纳先生 |
[42:07] | be removed as managing partners | 不会从管理层除名 |
[42:10] | and that they continue to work, with your guidance, | 他们将继续在你的带领下 |
[42:13] | toward financial health. | 度过财政危机 |
[42:15] | After the deadline, five weeks from now, | 在五周的截止期限过后 |
[42:17] | Mr. Hayden, then you might find a merger partner. | 海登先生 你才能开始寻找合并人 |
[42:20] | That’s my ruling. | 我的决定就这些 |
[42:26] | Escaped the executioner. | 总算逃过一劫 |
[42:28] | For now. | 暂时的 |
[42:30] | We can never meet a five-week deadline. | 我们肯定赶不上五周的期限 |
[42:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:33] | We talk to the new creditor. | 我们去找新的债权人谈 |
[42:35] | Get an extension? | 搞个延期? |
[42:43] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[42:44] | I’m so sorry we didn’t get to have that breakfast. | 很遗憾没找到机会一起吃早餐 |
[42:46] | Oh, me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:47] | You heading out? | 你们要离开了吗 |
[42:48] | Yeah, Louis has business, so… | 是的 路易斯还有工作 所以 |
[42:51] | no rest. | 总有事 |
[42:52] | Be seeing you soon. | 我们还会再见的 |
[42:54] | And why’s that? | 为什么呢 |
[42:56] | Oh, you didn’t hear? | 你没听说吗 |
[42:58] | I purchased the Lockhart/Gardner debt. | 我买下了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的债务 |
[43:01] | I’m your new creditor. | 我是你们的新债权人 |
[43:04] | You two will be working together? | 你们要一起工作了? |
[43:06] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了啊 |