时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I understand there are some questions | 我知道很多人对我的对手 |
[00:05] | about my opponent’s hiring and promotion practices | 在州检察官办公室中的选人和提拔工作 |
[00:07] | over at the State’s Attorney’s office. | 持有疑问 |
[00:10] | I don’t intend to speak to that. | 我不想就此做任何评论 |
[00:11] | But I do think diversity is a fair… | 但我确实认为种族多样化是… |
[00:14] | “But I do think diversity…” | 但我确实认为种族多样化… |
[00:18] | A little under the weather? | 不太舒服吗 |
[00:19] | Oh, just a little. | 有一点 |
[00:20] | You needed me? | 你找我吗 |
[00:21] | Yes, how’s it feel to be an equity partner? | 对 做权益合伙人的感觉如何 |
[00:23] | Good. | 好极了 |
[00:24] | The power surging through you? | 是不是感觉浑身被权力所充斥 |
[00:26] | Something’s surging through me. | 的确感觉被什么充斥了 |
[00:28] | So the, um, Bishop defense. | 关于毕夏普的案子 |
[00:30] | I was looking over the billable hours. | 我看了看计费工时单 |
[00:31] | They’re coming in a bit high. | 发现工时有点高 |
[00:33] | That’s usually not a problem, | 通常来讲这没什么问题 |
[00:34] | but Bishop is a top legacy client. | 但毕夏普是非常重要的长期客户 |
[00:36] | We don’t want him to think we’re padding him. | 不能让他觉得我们故意多收钱 |
[00:38] | So, I need you to rein it in. | 所以我想让你去控制一下 |
[00:39] | Um, that’s Cary’s team. | 那是凯里的团队 |
[00:41] | Do you want me to get him? | 需要我叫他来吗 |
[00:42] | No. That’s your team. | 不 那是你的团队 |
[00:44] | You’re the equity partner in charge, | 你是作为主管的权益合伙人 |
[00:46] | as of now. | 当即任命 |
[00:46] | Right, I will get right on that. | 好 我马上去办 |
[00:48] | Just find out if the hours are being inflated. | 看看他们是不是虚报工时了 |
[00:50] | And if they’re not, | 如果没有 |
[00:51] | steer the group onto a more conservative path. | 就让团队转为采取稳妥些的工作方式 |
[00:53] | – What’s up? – Oh, I need to head out this afternoon. | -什么事 -我今天下午要出去一下 |
[00:55] | I was hoping you could look over the civil proposal. | 能不能请你帮忙看一下民事提案 |
[00:59] | There’s another cold. | 又一个感冒的 |
[01:01] | You two need to stay away from me. | 你们两个离我远点 |
[01:03] | Um, do you need anything else, Diane? | 还有什么事吗 戴安 |
[01:04] | No, thank you. | 没有了 谢谢 |
[01:15] | Hi. | 你好 |
[01:17] | I was thrilled to get your call. | 接到你的电话我好激动 |
[01:22] | This is a working lunch. | 这只是工作午餐 |
[01:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:26] | But I was thrilled. | 但我还是很激动 |
[01:27] | Your wiretap has been thrown out, Mr. Perrotti. | 你的窃听录音不能入证 佩罗蒂先生 |
[01:29] | Uh, Josh. | 叫我乔希吧 |
[01:31] | Your wiretap has been found inadmissible, Josh. | 你的录音是未经许可窃听的 乔希 |
[01:36] | You have nothing on my client | 你没有可指控我委托人的证据了 |
[01:37] | so we ask the Department of Justice | 因此我们要求司法部 |
[01:39] | to cease and desist from harassing Eli Gold. | 停止对伊莱·戈德的骚扰 |
[01:41] | I ordered for us. | 我帮我们点了菜 |
[01:42] | I hope that wasn’t presumptuous. | 希望这样做不会太冒昧 |
[01:45] | Well, I’m not that hungry. | 我其实没那么饿 |
[01:50] | You were saying? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[01:52] | I was? What was I…? Oh. | 我吗 我说了什么 噢对 |
[01:55] | Here you are in Petra Moritz’s column. | 记者佩拉·莫里兹的专栏中提到了你 |
[02:01] | “Is Florrick strategist, Eli Gold, off the hook yet? | 福瑞克的战略家伊莱·戈德洗清嫌疑了吗 |
[02:05] | “Not according to a conversation | 在帕里兰餐厅偶然听到的 |
[02:06] | “overheard at Parrillan | 某位不具名消息人士 |
[02:07] | between a certain unnamed source | 和助理联邦检察官乔希·佩罗蒂的谈话 |
[02:10] | and AUSA Josh Perrotti.” | 否认了这一点 |
[02:11] | Well, they misspelled my name. | 他们把我的名字拼错了 |
[02:12] | “I know personally Eli Gold was buying votes. | 我知道伊莱·戈德收买选票 |
[02:15] | He’s going down; He’s going down hard” | 他死定了 必死无疑 |
[02:19] | So, Josh, are we on a witch hunt? | 乔希 你这是要搞政治迫害吗 |
[02:23] | The problem is, Elsbeth, | 埃尔斯贝特 关键问题是 |
[02:25] | you and I are a lot alike. | 你和我非常相像 |
[02:26] | We’re competitive. | 我们都争强好胜 |
[02:28] | Onion naan? | 要洋葱烤饼吗 |
[02:29] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[02:32] | And I know Eli is guilty. | 而且我知道伊莱有罪 |
[02:35] | So, | 所以 |
[02:37] | I found another way to prove the charge. | 我想到了另一个办法来证实我们的指控 |
[02:40] | Conspiracy. | 以共谋罪名起诉 |
[02:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:43] | Well, conspiracy requires a coconspirator. | 共谋罪名必须有个共谋者才能成立 |
[02:49] | And who might that be? | 这位共谋者是谁呢 |
[02:50] | This unnamed source at Parrillan? | 那个帕里兰餐厅里的不具名消息人士吗 |
[02:53] | That’s for me to know and you to find out. | 那只有我知道 你想知道就自己去查 |
[02:57] | No, that’s for me to know, too. | 不 我也需要知道 |
[03:00] | Discovery. | 法律要求你向我透露相关真相 |
[03:01] | Then take me to court. | 那就上法庭告我吧 |
[03:04] | You want me to take you to court? | 你想让我把你告上法庭吗 |
[03:10] | I can’t wait for you to take me to court. | 我迫不及待想让你告我了 |
[03:14] | I love the shape of your lips. | 我好爱你嘴唇的形状 |
[03:16] | You leave my lips out of it. | 不要把我的嘴唇扯进来 |
[03:17] | I can’t. They’re so pillowy. | 我情不自禁 它们看起来好柔软 |
[03:35] | Look… | 听着 |
[03:36] | all you have to do is go to prison once | 因为不实的受贿指控 |
[03:38] | on a false corruption charge, | 进过一次监狱后 |
[03:40] | and you’re going to take it very, very seriously. | 就会非常非常严肃地对待腐败问题 |
[03:43] | Thank you, Mr. Florrick. | 谢谢你 福瑞克先生 |
[03:44] | Miss Hayward, you have two minutes to respond. | 海沃德小姐 你有两分钟时间回应 |
[03:47] | I don’t need two minutes to respond. | 我不需要两分钟来回应 |
[03:49] | I just need two words: “Eli Gold.” | 我只需要两个词 “伊莱·戈德” |
[03:53] | Peter’s own campaign manager | 彼得他自己的竞选经理人 |
[03:55] | is accused of corruption… | 被指控腐败渎职 |
[03:56] | Uh, he is no longer my campaign manager. | 他已不是我的竞选经理人了 |
[03:58] | Eli Gold has resigned. | 伊莱·戈德辞职了 |
[04:00] | Yes, but you can understand | 是的 但你能明白 |
[04:01] | why I should take your intolerance | 我为什么对你不容忍腐败的言论 |
[04:03] | for corruption with a grain of salt. | 持怀疑态度吧 |
[04:05] | Well, unlike Miss Hayward, | 与海沃德小姐不同 |
[04:07] | I like to get all the facts before I make a judgement. | 我在作出评判前会先搞清楚事实 |
[04:09] | But you said that Eli Gold is off of your campaign. | 但你不是说伊莱·戈德被你开了 |
[04:11] | No, I said he resigned. | 不 我说的是他辞职了 |
[04:13] | So you do accept corruption or you would’ve fired him. | 所以你能接受腐败行为不然就会开除他了 |
[04:15] | What I don’t accept are having my words | 我不能接受的是 我说的话 |
[04:17] | – twisted into something – Uh, Peter. | -被曲解 -彼得 |
[04:19] | – Peter. Peter. – Which is not what I… | -彼得 彼得 -那不是我… |
[04:22] | Let’s take ten. | 我们休息十分钟 |
[04:24] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[04:26] | Here’s the thing: | 是这样的 |
[04:27] | You’re tall. | 你个头很高 |
[04:28] | And you’re much taller than the actual Maddie. | 你比真实的玛蒂高得多 |
[04:30] | So, when you go after her like that, | 所以 你如果那样回击她 |
[04:31] | it looks like you’re bullying. | 看起来会像是你在欺负她 |
[04:33] | Should I crouch? | 难道我该卑躬屈膝 |
[04:33] | No, she’s the one down in the polls. | 不 是她在民意调查中处于下风 |
[04:35] | Make her look desperate. | 你要让她看起来绝望而不择手段 |
[04:37] | Keep your words calm, noncombative. | 用冷静而没有攻击性的语言回应她 |
[04:39] | Don’t go aggressive. | 不要显得太好胜 |
[04:40] | You know, absorb the punches. | 虚心接受她的攻击 |
[04:41] | Like Obama, in his first debate. | 就像奥巴马在第一场辩论中的表现吗 |
[04:42] | No, this is different. | 不 这不一样 |
[04:43] | This is about the women’s vote. | 你要争取的是女性的选票 |
[04:46] | You go angry, you’re going to remind women | 你要是表现得易怒 会让女性选民 |
[04:48] | of their first husbands. | 想起她们的第一任丈夫 |
[04:50] | Excuse me. Yeah. | 我先接个电话 喂 |
[04:53] | I hope that was all right. | 希望我没有表现得太过分 |
[04:54] | No, that’s why you’re here. | 不 那正是请你来的原因 |
[04:55] | Don’t let up on me, because she won’t. | 别手下留情 她可不会手软 |
[04:58] | By the way, thanks for doing this. | 对了 谢谢你来帮我 |
[04:59] | Oh, my pleasure. | 乐意效劳 |
[05:01] | So, I hear the State’s Attorney’s office | 我听说州检察官办公室 |
[05:03] | is looking for a new outside firm | 在物色新的外部律所 |
[05:04] | to represent it on its civil suits. | 来代理民事诉讼 |
[05:07] | You heard about Brandelsky & Turner going bankrupt? | 你听说了布兰德斯基&特纳律所破产的事 |
[05:10] | Yeah, that seems to be happening a lot. | 是啊 近来似乎有很多律所破产 |
[05:12] | I know we were allowed to pitch the first time around. | 你们第一次选律所时我们有幸参与了 |
[05:15] | I hope we’re allowed to pitch the second. | 我希望第二次我们也能有机会参与 |
[05:17] | Well, unfortunately, it’s not up to me. | 很遗憾 这不是我能决定的 |
[05:19] | I’ve put together a team of ASAs to interview. | 我找了一组助理检察官来面试律所 |
[05:22] | But, you know what? | 但是 这样吧 |
[05:22] | I’m going to… I’m going to tell them that you’re interested. | 我会…我会跟他们说你感兴趣 |
[05:25] | Thank you. That’d be great. | 谢谢 那太好了 |
[05:27] | Once more into the fray? | 准备好继续辩论了吗 |
[05:29] | Oh, you’re going down. | 你死定了 |
[05:30] | Oh, we’ll see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[05:34] | How’re you going to do this? | 你打算怎么做 |
[05:36] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[05:37] | Find out who this coconspirator is? | 查出那个共谋者的身份 |
[05:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:40] | You don’t know? | 你不知道 |
[05:41] | Don’t you have a plan? | 难道你没计划吗 |
[05:43] | I don’t plan. | 我从不计划 |
[05:44] | You’re a crazy woman. | 你真是个疯狂的女人 |
[05:46] | – Reservation? – Hello. | -请问有预订吗 -你好 |
[05:48] | I’m Mr. Joshua Perrotti’s personal assistant, | 我是乔希·佩罗蒂先生的私人助理 |
[05:51] | and he came in here yesterday for lunch. | 他昨天中午在这里吃过饭 |
[05:53] | He was supposed to give his number | 他本来因为一件私事 |
[05:55] | to his waitperson regarding a personal matter. | 要把他的号码留给他的服务员的 |
[05:57] | But he doesn’t remember the name of his waitperson. | 但他忘了那个服务员的名字了 |
[06:03] | Um, is there-is there any way | 有没有…有没有什么办法 |
[06:06] | you could find out who served him? | 能查到他的服务员是哪位 |
[06:07] | He was here for lunch? | 他在这里用的午餐吗 |
[06:08] | 12:30, 1:00 reservation. | 他的预约是在12:30到1:00之间 |
[06:11] | Perrotti, Perrotti. | 佩罗蒂 佩罗蒂 |
[06:12] | I don’t see it. | 没有找到 |
[06:13] | Do you know who he was having lunch with? | 你知道他和谁一起吃的午餐吗 |
[06:15] | May I take a peak? | 能让我看一眼吗 |
[06:23] | Frank Landau of the DNC. | 民主党委员会的弗兰克·朗度 |
[06:33] | – You turned on me? – What? | -你告发了我吗 -什么 |
[06:35] | You went to the Feds? | 你向联邦政府告发了我 |
[06:37] | What do you want, Eli? | 你想干什么 伊莱 |
[06:38] | They’re using you to get to me. | 他们在利用你抓我的把柄 |
[06:40] | Who said that? | 谁说的 |
[06:42] | You got yourself printed up in Petra Moritz | 你的名字都登上了佩拉·莫里兹的专栏了 |
[06:44] | saying I paid for votes. | 说我贿选 |
[06:46] | They’re coming after me, Eli. | 他们在查我 伊莱 |
[06:49] | So you threw me to them? | 所以你就把我供出去了是吗 |
[06:51] | My head and my career were on the chopping block. | 当时我人头官位两不保 |
[06:53] | You’d do the same. | 换你也会这么做 |
[06:56] | What do they have, Frank, huh? | 他们掌握了什么把柄 弗兰克 |
[06:57] | What did you give them? | 你跟他们说了什么 |
[07:03] | You got to calm down, Eli. | 你冷静点 伊莱 |
[07:04] | They’re coming after me. | 他们在调查我 |
[07:05] | – You calm the hell down. – I don’t know you. | -冷静你个头 -我不认识你 |
[07:07] | Anything I did wrong was at your prompting, Frank. | 要有什么事那都是你逼我的 弗兰克 |
[07:08] | I don’t know you, and this encounter never happened. | 我不认识你 今天也没见过你 |
[07:10] | I will find a way to bring you down. | 我会有办法收拾你的 |
[07:11] | I’m going into my office, | 我要进办公室了 |
[07:12] | and I’m not listening to another word being said. | 你说的话我一句也不想听了 |
[07:18] | So all our attempts at bail have failed. | 我们所有的保释尝试都失败了 |
[07:21] | Lemond Bishop is still considered a flight risk. | 检方仍认为雷蒙德·毕肖普有潜逃风险 |
[07:23] | We have three briefs ready for pretrial hearings. | 我们为审前听证会列出了三项辩护要点 |
[07:26] | Hello, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[07:28] | Alicia’s recently been named equity partner. | 艾丽西娅最近被任命为权益合伙人了 |
[07:30] | Let’s give her a hand. | 大家鼓掌欢迎 |
[07:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[07:34] | Okay, so, we’re good to go on all three briefs. | 大家同意三项要点都要着手 |
[07:36] | Everyone should pull on | 每个人都得 |
[07:37] | four or five more associates to get those ready… | 再找四五个律师来准备材料 |
[07:39] | Actually… | 其实 |
[07:41] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[07:43] | 1 申请大陪审团强制产生证词 2 申请变更审判地 | |
[07:45] | Do we really need all three? | 我们真的三项全都要吗 |
[07:48] | The jurisdictional brief, | 关于管辖权的异议 |
[07:50] | it seems like… | 看起来… |
[07:53] | Well, it seems the same as brief number two. | 跟第二点差不多 |
[07:57] | Well, last time we were together, | 上次我们一起讨论的时候 |
[07:59] | we all thought that was a good idea. | 都觉得这主意不错 |
[08:02] | Yes, and I’m wondering now if it’s a doubling of effort. | 没错 但现在我觉得这样有点重复劳动 |
[08:07] | Well, let’s vote again. | 那大家再表决吧 |
[08:10] | Who thinks we should pull back on the jurisdictional brief? | 谁认为应该取消管辖权的异议 |
[08:12] | Just raise your hands. | 请举手 |
[08:20] | Maybe it’s not about dropping the brief. | 也许重点不是要不要取消这项异议 |
[08:23] | Is there any way we could be more conservative | 而是我们是否有更稳妥的方式 |
[08:25] | in our approach to it? | 去实现这一目的 |
[08:27] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[08:28] | Do you want to take charge of that? | 你愿意负责这部分内容吗 |
[08:33] | Okay, sure. | 好吧 我来负责 |
[08:35] | He’s playing keep-away. | 他是故意的 |
[08:37] | We are not withholding. | 我们没有扣留证据 |
[08:37] | Due course passed a long time ago. | 合理期间早就过了 |
[08:38] | We are following the law. | 我们是依法办事 |
[08:39] | No, no, no, that is not… | 不不不 你们没有… |
[08:40] | That is right, we have complied with every request… | 是依法的 我们遵循法律的每项规定 |
[08:43] | They clearly haven’t complied with every request | 他们显然没有遵循法律的每项规定 |
[08:45] | – or I wouldn’t be… – Stop. | -不然我就不会… -停 |
[08:47] | Let us stop, please. | 大家请别吵了 |
[08:50] | Mr. Perrotti, this is not justice by ambush. | 佩罗蒂先生 司法公正不能靠伏击 |
[08:53] | We must offer the defense discovery here. | 我们必须向辩方开示证据 |
[08:55] | Once we have it, Your Honor. | 我们拿到确证后会开示的 法官阁下 |
[08:58] | But any premature release may damage our case. | 但过早透漏任何信息都会危及我们的案件 |
[09:00] | How would it damage your case? | 怎么就危及你们的案件了 |
[09:01] | – Counselor, please. – By allowing the defense | -辩方律师 冷静 -因为这样就 |
[09:03] | to dissuade our witnesses from testifying. | 让辩方有机会劝说我方证人拒绝作证 |
[09:05] | Excuse me, when did we… | 这是什么话 我们什么时候… |
[09:08] | Mr. Perrotti, | 佩罗蒂先生 |
[09:09] | do you have any reason for this charge? | 你这一说法可有依据 |
[09:11] | We have, Your Honor. | 有的 法官阁下 |
[09:13] | We’d like to call Mr. Frank Landau to the stand. | 我方请传弗兰克·朗度出庭作证 |
[09:17] | And you were a witness to Eli Gold purchasing votes? | 你是否目睹伊莱·戈德收买选票 |
[09:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:22] | – And you conspired with him? – Yes. | -你是否参与了同谋 -是的 |
[09:23] | And you had a pang of conscience and you came to me? | 于是你良心不安就来找我坦白了是吗 |
[09:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:29] | Hmm, and what happened yesterday? | 昨天发生了什么事 |
[09:31] | Eli Gold discovered that I was going to accuse him. | 伊莱·戈德发现我将指证他 |
[09:33] | He showed up at my office. | 他去了我的办公室 |
[09:35] | He was violent and disruptive. | 他行为举止非常野蛮粗暴 |
[09:36] | Did you fear he might hurt you? | 你害怕他伤害到你吗 |
[09:40] | Yes, he knocked my keys from my hand. | 是的 他打掉了我手上的钥匙 |
[09:42] | Oh, my God, he knocked away your keys? | 天哪 他把你手上的钥匙打掉了呀 |
[09:44] | Counselor, please. | 辩方律师 别这样 |
[09:45] | Your Honor, the point is clear. | 法官阁下 我的根据已很明确 |
[09:46] | Defense can’t be trusted with discovery, | 不能信任辩方并向其开示证据 |
[09:49] | not at such an early stage, anyway. | 至少不能在庭审初期开示 |
[09:52] | Okay, that was my mistake. | 好吧 是我的错 |
[09:53] | What does Landau have on you, Eli? | 朗度有你什么把柄 伊莱 |
[09:55] | I don’t know, there’s nothing. | 不知道 什么也没有 |
[09:56] | No scheme to buy votes? | 没有密谋收买选票吗 |
[09:57] | No, and if he says there was, he is lying. | 没有 如果他说有 他就是在撒谎 |
[10:00] | Well, they need some kind of corroboration to convict you. | 他们得有更具体的证据才能给你定罪 |
[10:02] | So we need to know what he’s going to say. | 所以我们得知道他要说什么 |
[10:05] | And how do we do that? | 怎么套他的话 |
[10:07] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[10:08] | We have to think. | 我们得想想办法 |
[10:12] | – Yes? – What? | -是什么 -什么 |
[10:15] | You just had a thought. | 你刚刚想到办法了 |
[10:17] | I think I did. | 应该是的 |
[10:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:23] | The real estate office is two doors down. | 往前走两间才是地产中介 |
[10:25] | Is this the Democratic headquarters? | 请问这里是民主党总部吗 |
[10:26] | – Yeah. – And you’re Frank Landau? | -对 -你是弗兰克·朗度吗 |
[10:28] | Yeah, why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[10:30] | You’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[10:32] | Oh, hell. | 真烦 |
[10:33] | What for? | 什么案由 |
[10:35] | Defamation. | 诽谤 |
[10:37] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[10:38] | I’m just the messenger. | 我只管送信 |
[10:41] | Damn it, Eli. | 见鬼 伊莱 |
[10:56] | So, I hear you want our business. | 听说你想接我们的业务 |
[10:59] | I want your business? | 我想接你们的业务? |
[11:00] | The State’s Attorney’s business, our civil suits? | 州检办的民事业务 |
[11:03] | Oh, yes, are you on the committee? | 对 你也是委员会成员吗 |
[11:05] | Don’t sound so surprised. | 别一副惊讶的模样 |
[11:06] | That wasn’t surprise, it was awe. | 不是惊讶 是敬畏 |
[11:09] | Here’s our application– please fill it out. | 这是我们的申请书 请填写完整 |
[11:11] | We’re starting to hear pitches this afternoon. | 我们今天下午开始评测 |
[11:13] | Aw, poor boy, you have a cold. | 小可怜 你感冒了 |
[11:16] | Ah, getting over it. | 快好了 |
[11:17] | And we’ll be judged fairly? | 会公平对待我们吧 |
[11:18] | Why wouldn’t you be? | 有什么理由不吗 |
[11:20] | I don’t know, we won a few cases against you. | 难说 打官司我们赢了你们好几回 |
[11:22] | Oh, yes, well, we’ll just have to overcome | 那倒是 我们只好强压住心中 |
[11:23] | our bitterness at your one-case winning streak. | 被你连胜一场的酸楚了 |
[11:27] | Alicia, good, there you are. | 艾丽西娅 找到你太好了 |
[11:29] | – Do you have a minute? – I do. | -有时间吗 -有 |
[11:30] | Um, I need some help with the Eli Gold case. | 伊莱·戈德的案子我需要你帮帮忙 |
[11:34] | Actually I don’t think we can help you in federal court. | 联邦法庭的案件我怕是帮不了你 |
[11:37] | Yes– oh, no, not that; this is in civil court. | 对 不是的 这次是在民事法庭 |
[11:39] | Civil court– how did this end up in civil court? | 民事法庭 怎么跑到民事法庭去了 |
[11:41] | Well, it’s in both courts, actually. | 其实是两边都在审 |
[11:44] | It’s not as confusing as it sounds. | 但事情没有听起来那么复杂 |
[11:46] | We’re suing the– ooh, I like those earrings. | 我们起诉了…我好喜欢你的耳环 |
[11:48] | Thanks. So… | 谢谢 然后呢… |
[11:50] | We’re suing the head of the Democratic Committee for defamation. | 我们起诉民主党委员会主席诽谤 |
[11:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:55] | He said some nasty things about Eli in a gossip column. | 他在八卦专栏里中伤伊莱·戈德 |
[11:59] | Okay, I don’t understand the connection. | 我不明白这有什么关联 |
[12:01] | You know how hard it is to win in defamation. | 你知道要打赢诽谤官司有多难吧 |
[12:03] | Yes, we don’t want to win. | 我知道 我们没打算赢 |
[12:05] | You don’t? | 不打算赢? |
[12:06] | No, we want the defense to ask for a dismissal. | 对 我们想让辩方申请驳回诉讼 |
[12:09] | Then we’ll be able to put | 这样我们就能传唤 |
[12:11] | Frank Landau on the stand in civil court | 弗兰克·朗度到民事法庭作证 |
[12:13] | to find out what he intends to say | 然后套出他想在联邦法庭 |
[12:15] | against Eli in federal court. | 以哪件事指证伊莱 |
[12:18] | It’s not as strange as it sounds. | 这事没有听起来那么奇怪 |
[12:20] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:22] | You’re funny. | 你真幽默 |
[12:24] | So you’ll help us? | 那你肯帮我们吗 |
[12:26] | You want me to playact a lawyer | 你想让我扮演 |
[12:28] | in your sham defamation lawsuit? | 你那虚假诽谤诉讼案的律师吗 |
[12:30] | Pretty much, yes. | 差不多 是的 |
[12:32] | This is not a sham, Your Honor. | 这不是虚假诉讼 法官阁下 |
[12:34] | We take the defamation of our client very seriously. | 我们非常严肃地看待对于我当事人的诽谤 |
[12:37] | Their motive is so nakedly obvious, | 他们的动机简直是赤裸裸的 |
[12:38] | Your Honor, it’s almost comical. | 法官阁下 这近乎滑稽 |
[12:39] | There is nothing comical about the ruining of our client’s… | 毁我当事人清誉的事丝毫不滑稽 |
[12:40] | We strenuously insist that this case be dismissed with prejudice. | 我方恳请有偏见驳回起诉 |
[12:43] | I can hear perfectly. | 我听力很好 |
[12:45] | Nobody needs to yell. | 谁都不用嚷 |
[12:47] | Counselor, I’ve read the petitions. | 律师 我看过诉状 |
[12:48] | This is third-party defamation? | 这是第三方诽谤吗 |
[12:50] | Exactly– Mr. Landau didn’t print this comment. | 正是 这则评论不是朗度先生刊登的 |
[12:53] | He didn’t scream it from the rooftops. | 他没有跑到房顶大声宣布 |
[12:54] | Yes, because he didn’t have to. | 是的 因为他没必要那样做 |
[12:55] | He was in a public place– Parrillan– | 他当时在公众场所 帕里兰餐厅 |
[12:57] | and he should have known his comments could be easily overheard. | 他应该知道自己的言论极易被他人听到 |
[13:00] | She’s right, Counselor. | 她说的对 律师 |
[13:01] | Third-party public declaration is still defamatory. | 由第三方公之于众仍构成诽谤 |
[13:04] | Are you arguing for a dismissal? | 你方是请求驳回起诉吗 |
[13:06] | Yes, Your Honor, | 是的 法官阁下 |
[13:07] | we move for a dismissal with prejudice. | 我方请求有偏见驳回起诉 |
[13:08] | No. | 不 |
[13:11] | Excuse me, sir, do you have business here? | 抱歉 先生 这有你什么事 |
[13:12] | I seem to now. | 现在看来有了 |
[13:15] | You don’t want a dismissal. | 驳回对你没好处 |
[13:16] | Your Honor, the plaintiff asks | 法官阁下 原告请求 |
[13:17] | to present witnesses against this motion. | 传唤证人以驳回被告请求 |
[13:20] | Okay, what’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[13:24] | Mr. Perrotti is a Department of Justice lawyer… | 佩罗蒂先生是司法部的律师 |
[13:28] | …who wants to use this defamation suit | 他想利用本次诽谤案 |
[13:31] | to fuel his prosecution of our client. | 来获取起诉我方当事人的证据 |
[13:34] | Wait a minute, just the opposite. | 稍等 恰恰相反 |
[13:36] | You’re with the Department of Justice? | 你是司法部的人 |
[13:37] | I am, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[13:39] | Good, well, then, shut up. | 很好 那请别说话 |
[13:41] | Present your witnesses, Counselor. | 请出证人吧 律师 |
[13:42] | We call Mr. Frank Landau to the stand. | 我方传弗兰克·朗度先生入席作证 |
[13:45] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[13:46] | What? | 什么 |
[13:47] | Did you say the following, sir? | 你是否说过如下言论 |
[13:49] | “I know personally Eli Gold was buying votes.” | 我知道伊莱·戈德收买选票 |
[13:52] | – I did. – And you still insist this was not defamatory? | -说过 -你还坚持认为这不算诽谤吗 |
[13:56] | – I do. – And why is that? | -是的 -为什么 |
[13:58] | – It’s true. – Really? | -事实如此 -真的吗 |
[13:59] | And how do you know it’s true? | 你怎么知道那是事实 |
[14:02] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[14:03] | this testimony will seriously undermine | 这份证词将严重破坏 |
[14:06] | a current Department of Justice investigation. | 司法部正在调查的一起案件 |
[14:08] | We ask that it be delayed. | 我们申请延期审理 |
[14:09] | Mr. Perrotti… | 佩罗蒂先生 |
[14:10] | AUSA Perrotti. | 助理联邦检察官佩罗蒂 |
[14:12] | Yes. | 是 |
[14:13] | You have no standing in this court, | 你在本案中不属于任何一方 |
[14:15] | and furthermore I don’t like the Department of Justice, | 加上我也不喜欢司法部 |
[14:18] | so please sit down and stop interrupting. | 请你坐好别打岔了 |
[14:21] | Again, Mr. Landau, how do you know | 再问一次 朗度先生 你怎么知道 |
[14:23] | this statement to be true? | 这番言论所述属实 |
[14:24] | I arranged the meeting for Eli to buy votes. | 伊莱收买选票是由我安排会面的 |
[14:26] | Any ideas? | 怎么回事 |
[14:27] | And with who did you arrange this meeting? | 你安排他会见了谁 |
[14:34] | You must answer, Mr. Landau. | 你必须回答 朗度先生 |
[14:36] | The meeting was with Hugh Saxon. | 是和休·撒克逊会面 |
[14:43] | And what is Mr. Saxon’s job description? | 撒克逊先生的工作是什么 |
[14:47] | He’s CEO of Greengate Retirement Centers. | 绿门退休中心的行政总裁 |
[14:49] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[14:50] | That wasn’t to buy votes. | 那才不是为了买选票 |
[14:51] | Mr. Gold, stop. | 戈德先生 打住 |
[14:52] | And you witnessed this meeting | 你是否亲历了这次 |
[14:53] | – between Mr. Saxon and Mr. Gold? – Yes. | -撒克逊和戈德先生的会面 -是 |
[14:55] | Mr. Florrick’s mother was to speak | 那时福瑞克先生的母亲 |
[14:57] | at one of his convalescent homes. | 要在他的一所疗养院演讲 |
[14:59] | And in what way were these votes bought? | 收买选票一事是如何操作的 |
[15:00] | Mr. Gold was worried | 戈德先生担心 |
[15:01] | that he wouldn’t get enough votes to make | 他在民主党民意调查中 |
[15:03] | a strong enough showing at the Democratic straw poll, | 得不到足够彰显优势的选票 |
[15:05] | so Mr. Saxon promised to bus 600 senior citizens | 所以撒克逊先生承诺带600名老年人 |
[15:08] | to the straw poll | 去参加民调 |
[15:09] | to pack the vote for Peter Florrick– | 让他们把所有票投给彼得·福瑞克 |
[15:12] | your husband. | 你丈夫 |
[15:14] | Alicia, do you mind giving us a moment? | 艾丽西娅 你介意回避一下吗 |
[15:16] | I do, actually. | 实际上 我介意 |
[15:17] | This has nothing to do with Peter. | 这事跟彼得没关系 |
[15:18] | You packed the vote? | 你纠集了选票 |
[15:20] | I did what everyone does, I… | 大家都是这么干的 |
[15:21] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[15:22] | No, Alicia, | 不行 艾丽西娅 |
[15:23] | you may be subject to subpoena in federal court. | 你可能会被联邦法院传唤 |
[15:25] | No, I enjoy attorney-client privilege. | 不 我受律师与当事人保密特权保护 |
[15:27] | Only if you have no previous knowledge of this | 前提是你作为竞选人的妻子 |
[15:29] | as the wife of the candidate. | 事先不知情 |
[15:30] | Peter doesn’t know you packed the straw poll? | 彼得不知道你纠集选票的事吗 |
[15:31] | I didn’t pack it. | 我不是纠集选票 |
[15:32] | It was a Democratic outreach to involve seniors in the process. | 是民主党为邀老年人参与投票做出的努力 |
[15:36] | In trade for a discount | 用给绿门提供优惠的 |
[15:37] | on Greengate’s crisis management? | 危机管理服务换取的吗 |
[15:39] | Not in trade. | 不是换取的 |
[15:41] | Coincidentally, at the same time. | 只是碰巧同时发生了 |
[15:44] | That’s all. | 如此而已 |
[15:46] | You didn’t rein in your hours, Alicia. | 你没有控制住团队的工时 艾丽西娅 |
[15:48] | We’re still working on it. | 我们还在努力解决 |
[15:49] | Well, there are more associates involved | 参与毕夏普一案的律师 |
[15:51] | in the Bishop case than before. | 比之前还要多 |
[15:52] | You need to assert your authority. | 你要树立你的威信 |
[15:53] | I’ve gone over the work, Diane, it’s all necessary. | 我去看过了 戴安 都是必要的工作 |
[15:56] | Part of asserting my authority is telling you that. | 我树立威信的一部分就是这样告诉你 |
[15:58] | Well, here’s another part. | 还有另一部分 |
[15:59] | Find a way to cut ten percent of their billable hours. | 想办法砍掉他们十分之一的计费工时 |
[16:11] | It’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[16:21] | You over your cold? | 你感冒好了 |
[16:24] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[16:26] | You? | 你呢 |
[16:28] | Getting there. | 快好了 |
[16:32] | Alicia, it’s okay. | 艾丽西娅 没关系的 |
[16:34] | We’re not gonna act on it. | 我们不会怎么样的 |
[16:35] | Again. | 再一次怎么样 |
[16:37] | Yes, again. | 是的 再一次 |
[16:38] | It was a mistake, it happened, but that’s it. | 那是个错误 它发生了 但仅此而已 |
[16:40] | We can’t… avoid each other. | 我们不可能永远回避对方 |
[16:45] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[16:49] | – I’ll see you around. – See you. | -回见 -回见 |
[16:57] | Yes, I met with Eli Gold. | 是 我和伊莱·戈德会过面 |
[17:01] | You’re with his defense team? | 你是他辩护团队的人 |
[17:02] | I am. | 是 |
[17:03] | The prosecution says that you met with Mr. Gold | 检方说你会见戈德先生是为了 |
[17:06] | for the purposes of voter fraud. | 商谈贿选的事 |
[17:08] | I have an agreement with the Department of Justice | 我与司法部有协议 |
[17:10] | which prevents me from going into these matters. | 我不能谈论此类事宜 |
[17:12] | Yeah, is that regarding arranging transport | 嗯 是关于你安排送出 |
[17:14] | for seniors staying in your homes? | 你养老院里的老人吗 |
[17:15] | Again, I really can’t say. | 再说一遍 我不能说 |
[17:16] | All right, then, let me just say this. | 好吧 我这么跟你说 |
[17:18] | I think that the Department of Justice | 我认为司法部 |
[17:20] | is trying to scare you… | 是在吓唬你 |
[17:27] | This, um, this picture, | 这张照片 |
[17:29] | – this one here… is that taken from the straw poll? – Yes. | -这张 是在民调会上拍的吗 -是 |
[17:33] | Do you have any more from that day? | 你有那天的其他照片吗 |
[17:35] | We probably do. | 我们应该有 |
[17:36] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[17:38] | Hey, do you want to have dinner tonight? | 今晚想一起吃个饭吗 |
[17:40] | What? | 什么 |
[17:41] | – Do you want to have dinner tonight? – Why? | -今晚想一起吃饭吗 -为什么 |
[17:45] | What do you mean, why? | 干嘛问为什么 |
[17:46] | No, I mean, who with? | 不 我是说和谁一起 |
[17:48] | Oh, no, not the campaign, just us. | 不是位了竞选的事 就我们两个 |
[17:54] | What? | 什么 |
[17:57] | A date? | 约会吗 |
[17:58] | No, not a date, | 不算约会 |
[18:00] | uh… just… | 就是 |
[18:05] | Okay, a date. | 好吧 是约会 |
[18:09] | Okay. | 可以 |
[18:10] | Good. | 好的 |
[18:12] | You know that Jordan says that if Maddie attacks me | 乔丹说如果明天的辩论上玛蒂攻击我 |
[18:15] | in tomorrow’s debate, that I should back off | 我应该退让 |
[18:18] | so that I don’t look like a bully. | 那样才不会显得我欺负她 |
[18:20] | You think that’s smart? | 你觉得那样明智吗 |
[18:23] | I think you should call Eli and ask him. | 我觉得你该打给伊莱问问 |
[18:28] | I haven’t, uh, been talking to Eli. | 我这段时间还没跟伊莱交谈过 |
[18:31] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:33] | I think you should call Eli. | 我觉得你应该打给伊莱 |
[18:38] | We book over $55 million in yearly client fees | 我们每年的客户佣金超过5500万 |
[18:42] | and we do this by providing individualized service. | 因为我们为客户提供个性化服务 |
[18:45] | The primary reason we’re one of the few large firms | 我们是尚存的为数不多的大律所之一 |
[18:47] | left standing is because we don’t forget | 首要原因是我们从不忘记 |
[18:49] | it’s all about the client. | 客户至上的道理 |
[18:50] | Now, I was told ten minutes, | 我被告知只能讲10分钟 |
[18:51] | but I could go on for another 30. | 但我可以接着再说30分钟 |
[18:53] | – You have any questions? – No, this is great. | -你们有问题吗 -没有 讲得很好 |
[18:56] | – Good presentation. – Thank you. | -陈述得不错 -谢谢 |
[18:58] | Actually I have a question. | 我有一个问题 |
[18:59] | Ms. Hellinger. | 海灵格女士 |
[19:00] | You represent the drug dealer Lemond Bishop, don’t you? | 你们为毒贩莱蒙德·毕夏普代理 对吗 |
[19:04] | I don’t think we need to go into that. | 我觉得我们不必谈那个问题 |
[19:05] | Won’t that prove difficult, | 那样不是挺困难的吗 |
[19:06] | representing Chicago’s top drug dealer | 一边代表芝加哥最大的毒贩 |
[19:09] | while at the same time representing us? | 一边代表我们 |
[19:10] | Obviously there’s always a Chinese Wall | 显然在我为你们提供的服务 |
[19:12] | between the service I would supply for you and the service | 和律所里我的其他同事为毕夏普先生 |
[19:14] | others in our firm would supply for Mr. Bishop. | 提供的服务之间一定会壁垒分明 |
[19:16] | Thank you, very helpful. | 谢谢 这个回答很有意义 |
[19:18] | That’s it, a Chinese wall? | 就这样吗 壁垒分明 |
[19:23] | Well, if we had to make other adjustments, we’d be willing. | 如果我们必须做出其他调整 乐意效劳 |
[19:26] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[19:29] | Have you seen these photos before, Mr. Saxon? | 你见过这些照片吗 撒克逊先生 |
[19:31] | Yes, I took them. | 见过 都是我拍的 |
[19:32] | And could you tell this court | 能向法庭说明 |
[19:34] | what event is documented in these photos? | 照片是在什么活动上拍摄的吗 |
[19:36] | Yes, the Democratic straw poll four months ago. | 能 是四个月前的民主党民调会 |
[19:39] | And you arranged transportation | 你安排运送了照片中的老人 |
[19:41] | for the seniors pictured here to be at this straw poll? | 去参加那次民调会吗 |
[19:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:45] | Now, the prosecution, | 检方 |
[19:47] | in the form of the formidable Mr. Perrotti– | 也就是令人敬畏的佩罗蒂先生 |
[19:50] | he has suggested that this was | 他说这是 |
[19:52] | an attempt to stack the deck in favor of Mr. Florrick | 为了帮助福瑞克先生在民调中占优 |
[19:55] | at this poll. Is that true? | 而暗中策划的 是这样吗 |
[19:56] | No. | 不是 |
[19:57] | Uh, as you can see, the seniors involved voted | 正如你看到的 那些老人们投票给了 |
[20:00] | for all three of the candidates. | 三位不同的候选人 |
[20:01] | You’re referring to their T-shirts? | 你是指他们穿的T恤吗 |
[20:03] | – The shirts represented which candidates they support? – Yes. | -T恤代表他们支持的候选人 -是的 |
[20:06] | Only a third of the seniors voted for Mr. Florrick. | 只有三分之一投给了福瑞克先生 |
[20:08] | Objection– we don’t know how they voted. | 反对 我们并不知道他们投票给了谁 |
[20:10] | We just know what color shirts they wore. | 我们只知道他们T恤的颜色 |
[20:12] | That is true as far as it goes. | 这么说来的确没错 |
[20:15] | Now, the prosecution… Josh Perrotti– | 检方 乔希·佩罗蒂 |
[20:18] | also has presented a witness. | 也有证人要传 |
[20:20] | This witness– Mr. Landau– | 这位证人 朗度先生 |
[20:21] | claims that you had a deal: | 声称你们有过协议 |
[20:23] | that Mr. Gold discounted his services | 戈德先生向你少收一些服务费 |
[20:25] | – in trade for this transport of seniors. – That is untrue. | -而你则帮他把老人们接过来 -没有 |
[20:29] | Your Honor, Mr. Landau’s testimony | 法官阁下 仅有朗度先生的断言 |
[20:30] | swearing to this supposed conversation isn’t enough. | 不足以表明这次对话真正发生过 |
[20:33] | He needs corroboration. | 他需要佐证 |
[20:35] | Mr. Saxon was that corroboration, | 撒克逊先生是他所需要的佐证 |
[20:36] | and as you can see, | 但正如您所见 |
[20:37] | Mr. Saxon insists that conversation never took place. | 撒克逊先生坚称没有过那样的对话 |
[20:40] | Yes, Mr. Perrotti, | 是的 佩罗蒂先生 |
[20:41] | we are prone to dismiss this suit. | 我们倾向于驳回起诉 |
[20:46] | Actually, Your Honor, | 事实上 法官阁下 |
[20:47] | Mr. Saxon was not the only eyewitness. | 撒克逊先生并不是唯一的证人 |
[20:51] | Really, who else? | 是吗 还有谁 |
[20:53] | A witness I will make available tomorrow, Your Honor. | 明天该证人就能上庭作证 法官阁下 |
[20:57] | My father used to have dinner with him | 我父亲以前常和他一起吃晚餐 |
[20:58] | every night– well, not every night. | 每天如此 也不能说每天 |
[21:00] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 |
[21:01] | Yes, hello. Do I know you? | 我是 你好 我认识你吗 |
[21:04] | No, you don’t, but you look exactly like my grandmother. | 不认识 但你和我奶奶长得一模一样 |
[21:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:07] | Yes, and I’m sorry to say this, but you’ve been served. | 真的 很抱歉通知您 您被传唤了 |
[21:17] | Yeah, yeah, I agree. | 对 对 我同意 |
[21:20] | All right, well, hang in there. | 好的 你挺住 |
[21:22] | No, I’ll be fine. | 不 我不会有事的 |
[21:24] | We’ll talk later. | 等会再说 |
[21:28] | Hey, I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[21:30] | Let me have it. | 给我吧 |
[21:31] | Have what? | 什么 |
[21:33] | Your phone. | 你的手机 |
[21:36] | Are you feeling threatened? | 你有危机感了吗 |
[21:37] | No. | 不 |
[21:38] | No, but I do know that there can only be one captain. | 不是 但我知道只能有一个人说了算 |
[21:42] | Eli will tell you the same thing. | 伊莱也会这么说的 |
[21:43] | The surest way to screw up a campaign | 搞砸竞选活动最保险的手段 |
[21:45] | is to listen to two captains. | 就是同时听取两个领队的意见 |
[21:49] | Do you trust me? | 你信任我吗 |
[21:52] | Yeah. | 信任 |
[21:54] | Then, give me your phone. | 那就把手机给我 |
[21:55] | I trust you, but I like my phone. | 我信任你 但我也喜欢我的手机 |
[21:57] | Peter… you can’t call Eli. | 彼得…你不能给伊莱打电话 |
[22:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:09] | Is this a courting, a stalking or a… | 你这是在追我 跟踪我 还是… |
[22:12] | casual drop-by? | 顺便来串个门 |
[22:13] | What am I missing? | 我漏掉什么了吗 |
[22:16] | – What are you missing? – With the pitch. | -你漏掉了什么 -面试的事 |
[22:18] | You were a little north of hostile. | 你表现得很有敌意 |
[22:20] | – You’re joking, right? – Was this just to show me up, | -你是在开玩笑吧 -你是想出我洋相 |
[22:22] | bring me into the pitch so you can cut me off at the knees | 引我去面试 好在吉妮瓦·派恩面前 |
[22:24] | in front of Geneva Pine? | 尽情羞辱我是吗 |
[22:27] | – Yep, that’s me. – Well, thanks a lot. | -没错 我就是这种人 -那多谢了 |
[22:29] | Are you really this dense? | 你真这么蠢吗 |
[22:30] | I got the message. | 你的意思我懂了 |
[22:32] | Geneva Pine was against you. | 吉妮瓦·派恩才不站在你那边 |
[22:33] | She wasn’t against me until you started asking your questions. | 你没提那些问题前她是在我这边的 |
[22:35] | She was being polite. | 她只是出于礼貌 |
[22:38] | That’s why I was asking the hard questions. | 所以我才会问那些尖锐的问题 |
[22:39] | She doesn’t want Lockhart-Gardner | 她不想雇洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[22:41] | because you represent a drug dealer. | 因为你们的客户中有毒贩 |
[22:42] | That’s why I was asking– | 所以我才会问那些问题 |
[22:43] | I was giving you a chance. | 我是在给你机会 |
[22:46] | But thanks for your understanding. | 但是谢谢你的误解 |
[22:57] | Hello, Jackie. | 你好 杰姬 |
[22:57] | I don’t think we should be talking, Mr. Gold. | 我们不能说话吧 戈德先生 |
[23:00] | Jackie, I need to know if you’re gonna… | 杰姬 我得知道你是否会… |
[23:02] | what you’re gonna say. | 你会说些什么 |
[23:04] | I’m going to tell the truth, Mr. Gold. | 我会说实话 戈德先生 |
[23:14] | Alicia, I could use your help. | 艾丽西娅 我需要你的帮助 |
[23:16] | Yes. I am on my way right now. | 好的 我在路上了 |
[23:18] | Mm-hmm. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[23:20] | – Got a second? – No. | -有时间吗 -没有 |
[23:22] | Got the revised billing statement on the Bishop case. | 我收到毕夏普案子修改后的账单了 |
[23:25] | You cut my hours? | 你削减了我的工时 |
[23:26] | It’s coming from the top. | 这是上面发的话 |
[23:28] | Forgive me, but aren’t you also a partner on this case? | 抱歉 但你不也是负责此案的合伙人吗 |
[23:29] | Let’s talk about this later, Cary. | 这事过会再说吧 凯里 |
[23:31] | Alicia, you cut my billables, | 艾丽西娅 你削减了我的工时 |
[23:33] | it screws me come promotion time, | 也就是削减了我的晋升机会 |
[23:35] | and I prefer not to have the rug | 我不想再一次 |
[23:36] | yanked out from under me a second time. | 被人从背后捅刀子 |
[23:38] | Right now let’s just focus on winning for Bishop. | 眼下先把精力放在为毕夏普打赢官司上吧 |
[23:48] | Jacqueline Florrick. | 杰奎琳·福瑞克 |
[23:50] | You’re the mother of current | 你是现任库克县 |
[23:51] | Cook County State’s Attorney Peter Florrick? | 州检察官彼得·福瑞克的母亲对吗 |
[23:53] | And future Illinois Governor | 也是未来伊利诺伊州州长 |
[23:55] | Peter Florrick, yes. | 彼得·福瑞克的母亲 没错 |
[23:56] | Mm. Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[23:57] | on October 18, 2012, | 2012年10月18日 |
[23:59] | did you give a speech in support of your son’s campaign | 你是否为支持你儿子的竞选 |
[24:02] | to the residents of the Greengate retirement Center | 在北溪市对绿门退休中心的居民 |
[24:05] | in Northbrook? | 做过演讲 |
[24:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:07] | – Was Eli Gold also present? – Yes. | -伊莱·戈德也在场吗 -是的 |
[24:11] | He arranged for me to speak there. | 是他安排我去那演讲的 |
[24:12] | I’m sure he wanted to ensure I stayed on point. | 我肯定他是想确保我不跑题 |
[24:15] | At the reception afterwards, | 在之后的招待会上 |
[24:17] | did you talk with Mr. Gold | 你是否和戈德先生 |
[24:19] | and Greengate CEO Hugh Saxon? | 还有绿门的行政总裁休·撒克逊谈过话 |
[24:21] | – Why, yes. – And what was discussed? | -是的 -你们说了些什么 |
[24:23] | Arthritis. | 关节炎 |
[24:25] | I don’t mean to be funny. | 我没想逗你们笑的 |
[24:28] | The facility was offering wonderful new therapy… | 中心提供了很好的新疗法… |
[24:30] | Was anything else discussed, Mrs. Florrick? | 还谈了什么别的吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[24:33] | Well… Jewish stuff. | 还有…犹太人的东西 |
[24:36] | “Jewish stuff”” | “犹太人的东西” |
[24:38] | And-and what is “Jewish stuff”? | 什么是”犹太人的东西” |
[24:40] | Mm, the Sabbath and-and a Seder. | 安息日和逾越节家宴 |
[24:43] | A Seder is a dinner. | 逾越节家宴是一种晚宴 |
[24:44] | – She’s doing this to get back at me. – For what? | -她这是在报复我 -报复你什么 |
[24:47] | For everything. | 所有的事 |
[24:48] | Was anything of a political nature discussed? | 有谈到政治上的事吗 |
[24:51] | Actually, much of a political nature was discussed, | 事实上 我们谈到了很多政治上的事 |
[24:54] | but Mr. Gold doesn’t like it when I discuss politics, | 但戈登先生不喜欢我讨论政治 |
[24:57] | so often I just listen. | 所以我只是听他们说 |
[24:58] | When you were listening, did you hear | 那当你听他们说的时候 你有没有听到 |
[25:00] | Mr. Gold and Mr. Saxon agree on a deal? | 戈登先生和撒克逊先生谈成了一笔交易 |
[25:04] | I don’t know if I would call it a deal. | 我不知道那称不称得上是笔交易 |
[25:06] | They had an agreement. | 但他们是达成了一个协定 |
[25:07] | Did Mr. Gold agree to cut his crisis-management fee | 戈登先生是否同意降低危机管理服务费 |
[25:11] | in return for Mr. Saxon transporting Greengate residents | 以换取撒克逊先生把绿门的老人们 |
[25:14] | to the Cook County straw poll | 送到库克县民调现场 |
[25:16] | to vote for your son? | 好让他们给你儿子投票 |
[25:22] | That sounds about right. | 差不多就是那样 |
[25:25] | We need to poke a hole in what she heard. | 我们得在她听到的内容中找到漏洞 |
[25:28] | We could impeach her as a witness. | 我们可以质疑她作为证人的可靠性 |
[25:30] | How? | 怎么说 |
[25:31] | Well, Jackie had a stroke last year. | 杰姬去年中风了 |
[25:32] | She’s had problem with her memory and orientation. | 她的记忆和定位能力都出了问题 |
[25:34] | That’s right. Exactly! | 没错 就是这样 |
[25:35] | She’s easily confused? | 她很容易犯糊涂 |
[25:37] | Like a blind donkey. | 跟头瞎驴似的 |
[25:38] | But she does not like it being pointed out, | 但她不喜欢被人指出这点 |
[25:40] | so you have to be very careful. | 所以你得非常小心 |
[25:41] | She also doesn’t like me, | 她也不喜欢我 |
[25:42] | ’cause I cut down on her speaking schedule. | 因为我削减了她的演讲次数 |
[25:44] | And the Jewish stuff? | 还有那些犹太人的东西 |
[25:46] | And the Jewish stuff. | 还有那些犹太人的东西 |
[26:03] | Looks expensive. | 看着很贵嘛 |
[26:04] | It is. | 是很贵 |
[26:07] | You don’t know wine. | 你又不懂红酒 |
[26:09] | You bought it ’cause you like the picture on the label. | 你买它只是因为你喜欢商标上的图案 |
[26:12] | Pretty mountain. | 这山很漂亮 |
[26:13] | See the wagon? | 看见马车没 |
[26:15] | It’s very lovely. | 很可爱 |
[26:18] | Okay. I forgive you. | 好吧 我原谅你 |
[26:21] | – I didn’t know I was apologizing. – You were… | -我没有在道歉啊 -你就是… |
[26:24] | in your own way. | 以你自己的方式 |
[26:28] | By the way, you… you didn’t get our business. | 对了 你…你们没拿到我们的生意 |
[26:32] | You were cut after the first round. | 你们第一轮就被淘汰了 |
[26:36] | You, uh… you want your bottle back? | 你…你想要回这瓶酒吗 |
[26:41] | No. Keep it. | 不用了 你留着吧 |
[26:52] | – Hello, Mrs. Florrick. – Hello. | -你好 福瑞克夫人 -你好 |
[26:55] | You testified that | 你作证说 |
[26:56] | you gave a campaign speech | 10月18号 你在北溪市的 |
[26:57] | at the Greengate Retirement Center in Northbrook on October 18? | 绿门退休中心作了竞选演说 |
[27:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:03] | What specifically did you talk about in this speech? | 你那次演讲的具体内容是什么 |
[27:06] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[27:07] | The alleged deal took place | 这笔所谓的交易 |
[27:09] | after a speech by Mrs. Florrick. | 是在福瑞克夫人的演讲之后发生的 |
[27:10] | It’s all part of a whole, Your Honor. | 整体不可分割 法官阁下 |
[27:12] | Yes, but the fact that Mrs. Florrick | 话是这么说 但福瑞克夫人 |
[27:14] | spoke about the retirement age hardly matters. | 讲的是退休年龄问题 不可能有关系 |
[27:16] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[27:17] | If the counselor wants to get on the stand, | 如果原告律师想上证人席 |
[27:19] | I’ll swear him in. | 我很欢迎 |
[27:20] | Okay. You’re both overruled. | 好了 你们的反对都无效 |
[27:22] | You can answer, Mrs. Florrick. | 你可以回答了 福瑞克夫人 |
[27:25] | I spoke on the retirement age | 我谈了退休年龄 |
[27:28] | and other things. | 还有其他一些事 |
[27:30] | Mrs. Florrick, you testified that after your speech | 福瑞克夫人 你作证说在你的演讲之后 |
[27:32] | you participated in a conversation with | 你参与了一个谈话 参与的人还有 |
[27:34] | Eli Gold and Greengate CEO Hugh Saxon? | 伊莱·戈德和绿门的行政总裁休·撒克逊 |
[27:39] | If you say so. | 你说就是咯 |
[27:43] | Yes… | 是的… |
[27:44] | You said this, during Mr. Perrotti’s questioning. | 那是你说的 在佩罗蒂先生的问讯中 |
[27:47] | Well, I-I go to so many of these events, | 这种场合我去的太多了 |
[27:50] | for Peter, and, uh, they-they all | 都是为彼得而去 我有时 |
[27:51] | tend to blur into each other. | 会把它们相互混淆 |
[27:54] | Mrs. Florrick, are you saying | 福瑞克夫人 你是说 |
[27:55] | you don’t remember this meeting? | 你不记得这次谈话了吗 |
[27:59] | I suffered a stroke several months ago, | 几个月前 我得过一次中风 |
[28:02] | and it’s left me with, uh, | 留下了一些 |
[28:05] | shall we say… | 可以这么说… |
[28:07] | cognitive… issues. | 认知…问题 |
[28:09] | – Did you talk to her about this? – No. | -你跟她聊过吗 -没有 |
[28:10] | Do you recall if Eli Gold was even at this event? | 你记得伊莱·戈德当时是否在场吗 |
[28:13] | Objection. Asked and answered. | 反对 重复问题 |
[28:14] | And the witness may have erred | 证人上次作证时 |
[28:16] | – in that earlier testimony. – Overruled. | -可能出错了 -反对无效 |
[28:18] | Again, Mrs. Florrick, do you recall | 再问一次 福瑞克夫人 你能记得 |
[28:19] | if Mr. Gold was present when you spoke | 你在绿门退休中心演讲时 |
[28:21] | at the Greengate Retirement Center? | 戈德先生是否在场吗 |
[28:23] | Ms. Tascioni… | 塔肖尼女士 |
[28:25] | there are days when I can’t even recall my own name. | 我曾有段日子连自己的名字都不记得 |
[28:29] | Thank you. No more questions. | 谢谢 没有问题了 |
[28:39] | So, why’d you do that? | 你为什么那么做 |
[28:41] | It’s the truth, isn’t it? | 那是事实 不是吗 |
[28:56] | The issue on the table | 我们的问题是 |
[28:59] | is whether there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate | 是否有充分证据证明 |
[29:05] | Mr. Gold arranged and agreed to a vote-bribery deal. | 戈德先生安排并达成了贿选协议 |
[29:08] | I was fully convinced there was, | 在福瑞克夫人坦白她的 |
[29:11] | until Mrs. Florrick’s admission about her cognitive challenges. | 认知问题前 我本来相信证据确凿 |
[29:15] | Which I’m afraid, Mr. Perrotti, | 但佩罗蒂先生 目前情况恐怕 |
[29:17] | leaves you with only Frank Landau’s testimony, | 你手上只有弗兰克·朗度的证言 |
[29:19] | and that is not enough to bring to the jury. | 而那不足以让陪审团介入 |
[29:22] | So we have no choice but to disqualify… | 所以我们只能取消… |
[29:25] | Your Honor, we wish to amend out complaint | 法官阁下 我们想修改诉讼 |
[29:27] | – and add a new coconspirator to the charge. – Objection! | -加入新的共谋者 -反对 |
[29:30] | I know Mr. Perrotti is highly competitive and aggressive | 我知道佩罗蒂先生争强好胜 |
[29:33] | and wants to assert himself, | 想坚持自己的说法 |
[29:35] | but you were about to dismiss. | 但您已经要驳回诉讼了 |
[29:36] | Your Honor, you previously approved our extension | 法官阁下 您之前允许了 |
[29:39] | for the production of our discovery. | 我们推迟公示证据的时间 |
[29:42] | We submit that the extension is still in force. | 我们认为那一延长仍然有效 |
[29:45] | We ask merely for the 24 hours. | 我们只需24小时 |
[29:51] | Granted. | 批准 |
[29:53] | We need to talk about the Bishop case. | 我们得谈谈毕夏普的案子 |
[29:56] | Oh. We’ll have all the motions ready well before… | 我们会准备好全部动议… |
[30:01] | I already revised this bill. I cut the hours. | 我改过账单了 削减了工时 |
[30:02] | You cut your hours. | 你削减了自己的工时 |
[30:06] | You were instructed to cut the associates’ hours. | 给你的要求是削减律师们的工时 |
[30:09] | I thought we were trying to keep the bill down. | 我以为我们是想减少账单金额 |
[30:11] | Does it make a difference where the hours come from? | 减谁的工时有什么区别吗 |
[30:12] | A considerable one. | 有很大区别 |
[30:14] | Clients like to see partner hours. | 客户愿意看到合伙人付出时间 |
[30:16] | It reassures them. | 那让他们安心 |
[30:18] | A disproportionate number of associate hours | 如果全部工时中律师占的比例过大 |
[30:20] | leaves them to wonder whether their case is still a priority. | 会让他们怀疑自己的案子是否依然被重视 |
[30:23] | The associates are the ones doing all the heavy lifting. | 所有重担都是律师们在扛 |
[30:25] | It doesn’t seem right to penalize them. | 剥削他们不太好吧 |
[30:26] | They’ll find other opportunities to make up the hours. | 他们能找到别的机会补上 |
[30:36] | You’re management now, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 你现在是管理者 |
[30:38] | You’re not an associate– stop pretending that you are. | 不是普通律师 不要再假装你是了 |
[30:41] | Will the other associates grumble about you? Yes. | 其他律师会抱怨你吗 会 |
[30:44] | But if you pretend you’re still their peer, | 但如果你再假装是他们的同伴 |
[30:45] | they will grumble all the more, and they will come to hate you. | 他们会抱怨更多 还会恨你 |
[30:50] | This is not the Queen’s Hamlet. | 这里不是女王的小村庄 |
[30:52] | You cannot dress up as a peasant here. | 你不能装出一副农夫样 |
[30:54] | So stop it. | 所以别这样了 |
[30:56] | It is galling to them, | 那会惹恼他们 |
[30:57] | and it is galling to me. | 也会惹恼我 |
[31:06] | Did Saint Alicia sign off on the brief? | 圣徒艾丽西娅签诉书了吗 |
[31:09] | I didn’t get a chance to show it to her. | 我还没机会给她看 |
[31:10] | She’s in with Diane. | 她在和戴安谈话 |
[31:12] | Any idea what they were talking about? | 知道她们在说什么吗 |
[31:14] | Probably other ways to shaft us. | 也许在商量其他剥削我们的办法吧 |
[31:16] | She’s been the golden girl since the day she got here. | 她一来这里就是万众瞩目的黄金女郎 |
[31:18] | Yeah, well, life lesson: be nicer to her, | 是啊 生存法则 对她客气点 |
[31:22] | so she doesn’t cut our hours on the next case. | 下个案子她就不会削减我们的工时了 |
[31:24] | Hi. Everything good in here? | 一切都好吗 |
[31:27] | Yeah. Just plowing away on the Bishop case. | 好 在忙毕夏普的案子 |
[31:29] | Good. Don’t let up. | 很好 别松懈 |
[31:31] | By the way, the issue with the bill has been resolved. | 还有 账单的问题解决了 |
[31:34] | Alicia cut her own hours instead of yours. | 艾丽西娅削减了她自己的工时 |
[31:37] | But keep up the good work. | 继续努力工作吧 |
[31:45] | All right, we’re live in 20 minutes. | 好 20分钟后直播 |
[31:49] | Wrong side. | 你走错了 |
[31:52] | I believe your group is going to be watching from the other wing. | 你们那边的人会在另一侧观看 |
[31:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:57] | It’s not going to work, you know. | 你知道这样是没用的吧 |
[31:59] | – What’s that? – Jordan… | -什么没用 -乔丹… |
[32:02] | sent you over here to unsettle me before the debate. | 派你在辩论前过来 好让我感到不安 |
[32:04] | It’s not going to. | 我不会不安的 |
[32:10] | You know, they’re always wondering | 他们总在问 |
[32:11] | if men and women can really be friends. | 男人和女人真的能成为朋友吗 |
[32:13] | But the real question is: | 但真正的问题是 |
[32:15] | Can women? | 女人和女人可以吗 |
[32:17] | I mean, there’s no question that immigration is a complex issue. | 移民问题无疑是个复杂的事情 |
[32:20] | But let me just say this– | 但我要说 |
[32:21] | we are Illinois, not Arizona. | 我们是伊利诺伊 不是亚利桑那 |
[32:24] | Thank you, Mr. States Attorney. | 谢谢 州检察官先生 |
[32:26] | Oh, I’m sorry. I think, according to your… pre-agreed rules, | 抱歉 根据你之前所说 |
[32:30] | I’m supposed to refer to you as Mr. Florrick. | 我应该称你福瑞克先生 |
[32:32] | That’s all right, Petra. | 没事的 佩特拉 |
[32:33] | I won’t hold it against you. | 我不会记恨你的 |
[32:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:36] | And I’ll let you call me… Petra. | 你也可以叫我…佩特拉 |
[32:40] | Now, let’s see. Ms. Hayward, do you have any response? | 那么 海沃德女士 你想回应吗 |
[32:45] | I do. | 想 |
[32:46] | I am thrilled that the State’s Attorney | 我很高兴州检察官先生 |
[32:48] | has found the Latino vote. | 注意到了拉丁裔的投票权 |
[32:50] | Our state is only 16% Hispanic, | 我们州只有16%的人是拉丁裔 |
[32:53] | and yet of the nearly 10,000 inmates of Cook County Prison, | 但在你监管的库克县监狱里的近万人中 |
[32:57] | which you oversee, 36% are Hispanic. | 竟有36%是拉丁裔 |
[32:59] | – She’s really going after him. – Oh, he’s doing fine. | -她还真抓住他不放了 -他做得不错 |
[33:02] | Well, those statistics tell a very frightening story | 这些统计数据说明 |
[33:05] | if you live in Mr. Florrick’s county | 如果你住在福瑞克先生的辖区 |
[33:07] | and your skin is not white. | 又不是白人 那是件恐怖的事 |
[33:08] | How many of the lawyers | 你属下的律师里 |
[33:10] | working under you are African-American, Mr. Florrick? | 有多少是非洲裔呢 福瑞克先生 |
[33:13] | Less than five percent. | 不到5% |
[33:15] | Yes, and that is a problem which we are addressing… | 是 那正是我们在努力解决… |
[33:17] | You were told about this lack of diversity | 多样性的缺乏在两年前的 |
[33:19] | in a staff memo two years ago, | 员工备忘录中就已体现 |
[33:20] | and you’ve done nothing. | 而你一直毫无作为 |
[33:21] | Thank you. Ms. Hayward… | 谢谢 海沃德女士 |
[33:22] | How did she know that? | 她怎么知道的 |
[33:23] | From me. She’s using it. | 我告诉她的 她在利用信息 |
[33:25] | …the question we were addressing was immigration? | 我们讨论的是移民问题 |
[33:27] | I thought we were encouraging a free range of topics here. | 我们不是鼓励自由主题嘛 |
[33:29] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Everyone. | 冷静下 各位 |
[33:31] | Mr. Florrick, would you like to respond to Miss Hayward | 福瑞克先生 你想回应海沃德女士 |
[33:34] | on the issue of preferential hiring? | 关于雇佣歧视的问题吗 |
[33:38] | No, thank you. | 不想 谢谢 |
[33:39] | Come on, Peter. | 说话啊 彼得 |
[33:41] | We have just one more witness, Your Honor. | 我还有一位证人 法官阁下 |
[33:43] | Good to hear, Counselor. | 那太好了 律师 |
[33:44] | We call Josh Perrotti. | 我们传召乔希·佩罗蒂 |
[33:46] | We object to this witness, Your Honor. | 我们反对 法官阁下 |
[33:48] | Strenuously. | 强烈反对 |
[33:49] | The defamatory comments that Frank Landau made about my client– | 弗兰克·朗度对我们当事人的诽谤… |
[33:53] | they were made to AUSA Perrotti. | 是对助理联邦检察官佩罗蒂做出的 |
[33:55] | His testimony is more than relevant. | 他的证言至关重要 |
[33:57] | Your Honor, the always-creative Ms. Tascioni | 法官阁下 创意无限的塔肖尼女士 |
[34:01] | is using this suit to obstruct my federal case. | 在利用这场官司妨碍我的联邦诉讼 |
[34:03] | Which is not my problem, Mr. Perrotti. | 那不是我的问题 佩罗蒂先生 |
[34:05] | Here you’re a private citizen | 在这里你只是个在我法庭上 |
[34:07] | who’s out of order in my court. | 不守规矩的普通公民 |
[34:09] | The witness sounds perfectly relevant to this case. | 这位证人与本案有关 |
[34:12] | Mr. Perrotti, come get a view from the front. | 佩罗蒂先生 上来看看风景吧 |
[34:14] | Enunciate. I want to make sure he hears you. | 发音清晰点 我得确保他能听见 |
[34:17] | Oh, he will. | 他听得到的 |
[34:20] | I will fight for you. | 我会为你们力争 |
[34:21] | That’s what your vote means to me. | 那是你们的投票对于我的意义 |
[34:22] | If you want someone who’s polite and calm, vote for Peter, | 如果你喜欢礼貌冷静的人 投票给彼得 |
[34:25] | but if you want a fighter, vote for me. | 但如果你要的是个斗士 选我 |
[34:28] | Thank you, Maddie. | 谢谢你 玛蒂 |
[34:29] | Well, that brings us to our halfway point. | 到中场时间了 |
[34:31] | We’ll take a short break now. | 我们短暂休息一下 |
[34:33] | This is the Illinois Democratic gubernatorial debate. | 这里是伊利诺伊民主党州长竞选辩论 |
[34:37] | And we’ll be right back. | 我们马上回来 |
[34:43] | Oh, she’s trying to bait you. | 她是在给你下套 |
[34:45] | You stick with the plan, we’ll be okay. | 按计划行事 我们就没事 |
[34:47] | Hmm. How am I doing? | 我表现得怎样 |
[34:50] | Mostly good. | 总体不错 |
[34:51] | That’s all we need is mostly good. | 总体不错就够了 |
[34:56] | Tell me the truth. | 说实话 |
[34:57] | I don’t know strategy, but you need to call Eli. | 我不懂战略 但你该联系伊莱 |
[35:00] | – How much time do I have? – Hey, Peter? | -我还有多少时间 -彼得 |
[35:01] | – Three minutes. – Peter? Peter, we need to talk. | -三分钟 -彼得 我们得聊聊 |
[35:04] | Jordan, I actually have to ask you a question. | 乔丹 我其实有个问题要问你 |
[35:13] | But isn’t it true, Mr. Perrotti…? | 但佩罗蒂先生 你是否… |
[35:15] | You can call me Josh. | 你可以叫我乔希 |
[35:17] | But isn’t it true, Mr. Perrotti, that you failed | 佩罗蒂先生 你是否没能成功地 |
[35:21] | to objectively prove this vote-purchasing charge in federal court? | 在联邦法庭上证实贿选指控 |
[35:25] | For the moment. | 暂时是 |
[35:26] | Time is irrelevant here, isn’t it? | 是不是暂时的并不重要 对吗 |
[35:28] | You either prove this… | 你要么能证明… |
[35:29] | How bad? | 有多糟 |
[35:30] | Oh, well, clearly, she’s treating this debate | 显然 她把这次辩论 |
[35:32] | like it’s a game changer. | 当成了翻身仗 |
[35:34] | Jordan wants me to stick to policy and not push back. | 乔丹希望我坚持方针不要回击 |
[35:36] | Ugh! You can’t play rope-a-dope, Peter. | 这时候可不能以逸待劳 彼得 |
[35:39] | You bland out when you don’t punch. | 你不反击就会被认为是因循守旧 |
[35:41] | Back in two minutes, everyone. | 各位 还有两分钟 |
[35:42] | And don’t let her near you. | 别让她接近你 |
[35:44] | My guess is, she got the advice | 我猜她得到的建议是 |
[35:46] | that she should stand near you when you start bullying. | 当你强烈反击时就站在你身边 |
[35:48] | Don’t let her. | 不要给她机会 |
[35:49] | Well, I can’t have her chasing me around the stage. | 总不能让她追着我满舞台走吧 |
[35:51] | Just be aware of the camera frame. There are three cameras. | 注意拍摄画面即可 有三台摄像机 |
[35:53] | Keep her from getting in the frame with you. | 不要和她出现在同一个拍摄画面中 |
[35:55] | How do I do that? | 我该怎么做 |
[35:57] | Walk the outskirts of the arena, | 走到舞台边缘 |
[35:58] | closest to the bleachers. | 最靠近观众席的位置 |
[36:00] | The cameras can’t get cross-angles. | 摄像机无法拍摄到交叉角度的画面 |
[36:02] | Sure… | 好 |
[36:03] | Okay? | 知道了吗 |
[36:05] | Your three minutes are up? | 三分钟已经到了吧 |
[36:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:08] | I forgot how good you are at this. | 我都忘了你是多么的精于此道 |
[36:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:13] | I really miss having you run the show, Eli. | 伊莱 我很怀念你主持大局的日子 |
[36:15] | You can’t prove the federal charges against Eli Gold… | 联邦法院对伊莱·戈德的起诉尚未证实 |
[36:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:20] | Yeah, I… I miss you, too. | 我…我也想你 |
[36:23] | Okay. Good luck. | 好了 祝你好运 |
[36:26] | Yeah. You, too. | 是的 你也一样 |
[36:30] | …can’t prove it at this moment? | 现在无法证实吗 |
[36:32] | Correct. | 对的 |
[36:33] | And isn’t it true that Frank Landau | 弗兰克·朗度不能被 |
[36:35] | was disqualified as a coconspirator? | 列为同谋 难道不是吗 |
[36:38] | Well, in the judge’s opinion, yes, | 法官是这么认为的 |
[36:39] | but that doesn’t make it any less true. | 但并不能说明那不是真相 |
[36:41] | Really? How is that? | 真的吗 此话怎讲 |
[36:43] | The federal court has decided… | 联邦法院决定 |
[36:44] | No, it hasn’t decided. | 不 还未决定 |
[36:45] | It has left the question open. | 结果有待讨论 |
[36:47] | Until you bring in another coconspirator? | 直到你引进另外一个同谋对吗 |
[36:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:51] | And have you found another coconspirator? | 你找到另外一个同谋了吗 |
[36:53] | Again, Your Honor, this testimony is being used | 法官阁下 我再重申 这次作证 |
[36:56] | purely to shake me down. | 是为了套出我的话 |
[36:58] | That’s awful. | 那可真过分 |
[37:00] | Please answer. | 请你回答 |
[37:03] | Yes, I have found another coconspirator. | 是的 我找到了另外一个同谋 |
[37:06] | And who is that? | 是谁 |
[37:09] | Mr. Perrotti. Josh? | 佩罗蒂先生 乔希 |
[37:12] | I’m afraid you need to cough up the name, | 你需要供出姓名 |
[37:14] | or be held in contempt. | 否则会被视作藐视当庭 |
[37:16] | Who is the new coconspirator? | 这名新的同谋是谁 |
[37:21] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛克哈特 |
[37:26] | Simply put, Mr. Florrick has spent | 简而言之 福瑞克先生 |
[37:28] | the last dozen years being a politician. | 在过去几十年一直都是政客 |
[37:30] | I’ve spent them building and running a company. | 而我一直在创立和经营公司 |
[37:34] | Thank you, Maddie. | 谢谢你 玛蒂 |
[37:35] | And thank you for staying within your time limit. | 谢谢你没有超时 |
[37:36] | Mr. Florrick, do you have anything here? | 福瑞克先生 你有什么要说的吗 |
[37:39] | Would you like to pass? | 你选择不回应吗 |
[37:45] | Mr. Florrick, you can | 福瑞克先生 你可以 |
[37:47] | bank your time if you like. | 把时间累积到下一环节 |
[37:48] | Come on. Come on. Come on. | 赶快 快啊 回击啊 |
[37:51] | Mr. Florrick? | 福瑞克先生 |
[37:53] | Um, you know, you… you talk about creating jobs, ma’am, | 女士 你说到创造就业机会 |
[37:57] | but isn’t it true that recently | 但是就在最近 |
[38:00] | you closed your company’s semiconductor plant | 你关闭了公司在绍姆堡的半导体工厂 |
[38:03] | in Schaumburg and shipped 1,200 jobs to Mexico? | 1200个就业机会被转移到墨西哥 不是吗 |
[38:07] | We also opened a distributing center in Aurora, | 我们还在奥罗拉市开设了集散中心 |
[38:08] | creating 1,000 new jobs. | 提供了1000个新的就业机会 |
[38:10] | 60% of which are part-time and don’t see benefits. | 60%是兼职工作 没有福利 |
[38:12] | I don’t think that’s exactly true. | 我觉得这种说法不完全正确 |
[38:15] | Oh, what is true | 准确来说 |
[38:16] | 62.5, to be exact. | 是62.5% |
[38:18] | Added to the 30% of your employees recently furloughed… | 再加上你公司近期被停职的30%的雇员 |
[38:21] | – What’s he doing? – He’s trying to win. | -他在干嘛 -赢得辩论 |
[38:23] | They were furloughed because the economy was hit. | 他们暂时被停职 是因为经济不景气 |
[38:26] | Now that the economy is coming back… | 现在经济开始复苏 |
[38:27] | You’ll try to union-bust them. | 你将会试图赶走工会 |
[38:28] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 |
[38:29] | Last month, in a conference call with Wall Street analysts, | 在上个月和华尔街分析师的电话会议中 |
[38:32] | didn’t you say that within five years, | 你不是说 五年内 |
[38:34] | you would drive the unions from your plants? | 你要把工会赶出你的工厂 |
[38:35] | I did not… That is not what I said. | 我没有 我不是那么说的 |
[38:38] | That is not what I said. I said… I said, | 我不是那么说的 我说 |
[38:41] | union costs, union demands, | 工会的费用 工会的要求 |
[38:43] | were increasing costs and making it difficult to be competitive. | 增加了成本 减少了公司的竞争力 |
[38:45] | Uh, so it’s okay to cut your employees’ wages | 所以你可以降低员工工资 |
[38:48] | while you renovate your summer home on Lake Geneva? | 却花大钱装修你的日内瓦湖边别墅对吗 |
[38:50] | Peter, I believe the audience member | 彼得 我认为观众问的是 |
[38:51] | asked a question about over-regulation, not… me. | 关于监管过度的问题 而不是关于我 |
[39:04] | Diane Lockhart, | 我是戴安·洛克哈特 |
[39:05] | senior partner at Lockhart-Gardner. | 洛克哈特/加德纳律所的资深合伙人 |
[39:08] | Ms. Lockhart, this is a Lockhart-Gardner invoice | 洛克哈特小姐 这是你的律所 |
[39:11] | to Greengate Retirement Centers. | 开给绿门退休中心的发票 |
[39:13] | It includes a 25% discount for Eli Gold’s | 上面写着伊莱·戈德给他的危机管理服务 |
[39:16] | crisis management services. | 打了七五折 |
[39:18] | Would you please read the handwritten initials at the bottom? | 可以读一下底部签署的姓名首字母吗 |
[39:21] | D.L. D.L. | |
[39:22] | You initialed this invoice? | 这张发票是你签署的吗 |
[39:24] | Yes. Will Gardner or I sign off on every bill | 是的 在把账单寄给客户之前 |
[39:26] | before it is sent to a client. | 需要威尔·加德纳或我签字 |
[39:29] | Your Honor, Ms. Lockhart conspired with Eli Gold | 法官阁下 洛克哈特与伊莱·戈德同谋 |
[39:32] | to offer Greengate services at a discount. | 为绿门提供折扣服务 |
[39:34] | She’s the coconspirator. | 她就是同谋 |
[39:35] | Your Honor, that is a stretch. | 法官阁下 这太牵强了 |
[39:38] | Not at all. | 一点也没有 |
[39:39] | There are two ways to show conspiracy– | 同谋有两种方式 |
[39:41] | the agreement of services received, | 协议接受服务和 |
[39:44] | and the agreement of services offered. | 协议提供服务 |
[39:45] | This is for services offered. | 这属于提供服务 |
[39:47] | We would agree. Ms. Lockhart, | 我们同意这种说法 洛克哈特女士 |
[39:49] | did you approve Eli Gold’s | 你是否同意了伊莱·戈德 |
[39:50] | 25% discount to Greengate? | 为绿门提供25%的折扣 |
[39:53] | No. | 没有 |
[39:56] | You just testified you initialed this invoice. | 你刚刚说这张发票是你签的 |
[39:59] | Yes, but I didn’t approve it. | 是的 但我没有同意 |
[40:00] | I only signed off on it because | 我签字仅仅是因为 |
[40:02] | my supervisor instructed me to. | 我的监管人让我这么做 |
[40:04] | I’m sorry. Aren’t you and Will Gardner the bosses? | 抱歉 你和威尔·加德纳不就是主管吗 |
[40:07] | When this invoice came due, our firm was in bankruptcy. | 开发票时 我们律所处于破产时期 |
[40:11] | We were under the control of a court-appointed trustee, | 我们接受法院委任的监管人管理 |
[40:13] | Mr. Clarke Hayden. He was the one in charge. | 克拉克·海登先生 他才是那时的主管 |
[40:16] | He was eager to boost cash flow and | 他急于提高现金流 要求我们 |
[40:18] | had us offer clients discounts for quicker payment. | 为客户提供折扣来加快支付速度 |
[40:21] | If Ms. Lockhart did not approve that discount, | 如果洛克哈特女士没有批准那个折扣 |
[40:23] | it rules her out as a coconspirator, Your Honor. | 她就不能作为同谋 法官阁下 |
[40:26] | No, the charge still stands. | 不 指控依然成立 |
[40:27] | It will be amended to reflect Lockhart-Gardner | 修改为洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[40:30] | as the coconspirator… | 作为同谋 |
[40:30] | Yes, but the trustee, Mr. Hayden, | 是的 但是监管人海登先生受雇于 |
[40:32] | was an employee of the creditors, not Lockhart-Gardner. | 债权人 而不是洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[40:35] | Isn’t that right, Ms. Lockhart? | 不是吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[40:36] | It is. | 是的 |
[40:37] | So, Mr. Perrotti, are you going to continue | 佩罗蒂先生 你还要再 |
[40:40] | to play musical coconspirators, | 继续到处找同谋吗 |
[40:43] | or are we done here? | 还是到此为止 |
[40:50] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[40:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:53] | – Do you like the ballet? – No. | -你喜欢芭蕾舞剧吗 -不 |
[40:55] | Me, neither. Let’s not go together. | 我也不喜欢 我们就不要一起去看了 |
[40:58] | Dinner? | 一起晚餐呢 |
[41:07] | No. | 不 |
[41:08] | May I ask why? | 能问问为什么吗 |
[41:10] | No. | 不能 |
[41:17] | You did right by us on those hours. | 工时的事你为我们做了很多 |
[41:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:22] | Do I want to know the names I was called? | 律师们没少给我起外号吧 |
[41:25] | Let’s just say, | 这么说吧 |
[41:25] | some of your fairy tale favorites got some play. | 都是你最爱的童话人物 |
[41:28] | Well, you might want to break ’em out again. | 可能又要把她们请出来了 |
[41:32] | My notes are in the margins. | 我的批注写在空白处了 |
[41:33] | Don’t worry about the preamble. | 开场白就不用管了 |
[41:38] | I thought we were set. | 我以为已经敲定了 |
[41:40] | We were. | 是的 |
[41:41] | I’ll need the revised brief tomorrow. | 明天把改好的诉书给我 |
[41:43] | No later than 10:00. | 十点以前 |
[41:55] | Polling says that 56% of the viewers think | 调查显示56%的观众 |
[41:59] | that I won the debate. | 认为我赢得了辩论 |
[42:01] | It’s probably a couple of points higher. | 真实比例可能还会再高一些 |
[42:03] | They always under-sample younger voters. | 他们选取的样本中年轻选民的比例较低 |
[42:05] | No landlines. | 年轻人都不用座机 |
[42:08] | You’re still packing. | 你还在打包 |
[42:11] | I’m still damaged goods. | 我还有污点 |
[42:14] | Well, I want you back. | 我想让你回来 |
[42:15] | Kresteva will use this. | 克里斯特瓦会利用这点的 |
[42:16] | Ugh! Kresteva will use anything and everything. | 任何事情都会被克里斯特瓦利用 |
[42:19] | You can’t be sentimental, Peter. | 彼得 你不能感情用事 |
[42:21] | You think that’s sentimental? | 你觉得那是感情用事 |
[42:25] | How about this? | 这怎么样 |
[42:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:34] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[42:39] | Well, are you gonna stay? | 你要留下吗 |
[42:40] | Because I don’t see myself | 没有你 我怎么去得了 |
[42:41] | getting to Springfield without you. | 首府斯普林菲尔德当州长 |
[42:45] | Or Washington? | 或是首都华盛顿 |
[42:47] | Or Washington. | 或是首都华盛顿 |
[42:53] | Okay, I’ll stay. | 好 我留下 |
[42:55] | Good. Now, unpack all that crap, and let’s get to work. | 好 把东西都拿出来吧 我们开工 |