时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Did you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[00:12] | No, I thought you did. | 不认识 我还以为你认识呢 |
[00:17] | Have you noticed the older Mom gets, | 你发现没 妈妈年纪越大 |
[00:19] | the younger her friends become? | 她交的朋友反倒越年轻了 |
[00:23] | Where do you think she is anyway? | 她在哪儿 |
[00:26] | My bet, she got us here a half hour early | 我猜她故意让我们提早半小时到 |
[00:28] | so we wouldn’t be a half hour late. | 免得我们迟到半小时 |
[00:31] | I hate it when she does that. | 我讨厌她这一招 |
[00:33] | You’re missing the point. | 你没搞明白 |
[00:36] | – I love Peter. – You don’t love Peter. | -我爱彼得 -你不爱彼得 |
[00:38] | Stop saying that. | 别这么说 |
[00:39] | – He’s changed, he’s not the same. – Oh, my God. | -他变了 和以前不同了 -我的天 |
[00:41] | You are one of those Oprah women. | 你信奥普拉说的那一套 |
[00:43] | I’m gonna take you out back and give you a spanking. | 我得拉你一把 把你扇醒 |
[00:46] | He slept with prostitutes– that doesn’t change. | 他和妓女上过床 这是不争的事实 |
[00:48] | Why do you and Mom keep pushing me toward Will? | 为什么你和妈妈一直把我推向威尔 |
[00:51] | The same reason you just brought him up– hmm? | 原因和你现在提起他一样 |
[00:53] | You’re tempted. | 你受到了诱惑 |
[00:57] | It’s not a good thing. | 这可不是什么好事 |
[00:58] | Your body is telling you something. | 你的身体在给你传达某种讯息 |
[00:59] | Oh, my God, stop it. | 我的天 别说了 |
[01:02] | Is that what you tell your students in advanced algebra? | 你教高等代数的时候 就这么和学生说的吗 |
[01:04] | Statistical modeling. | 是统计建模 |
[01:05] | Your body is telling you something? | “你的身体在给你传达某种讯息”? |
[01:06] | Did you kiss him or did Will kiss you? | 是你吻了威尔还是他吻了你 |
[01:10] | Both. | 都有 |
[01:10] | Mm, I love it when that happens. | 我真喜欢这情景 |
[01:13] | It was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[01:14] | What happened last time with him? | 你上次和他在一起时发生了什么 |
[01:17] | Why’d you break it off? | 为什么就此打住了 |
[01:18] | It didn’t seem like it was a long-term thing. | 那种关系不像是能长久的 |
[01:22] | Okay, do you see how insane that is? | 好吧 你不觉得这逻辑很蠢吗 |
[01:25] | You were worried it wasn’t gonna be | 你担心这段关系不能长久 |
[01:27] | a long-term thing so you cut it off before | 所以你就自己喊停 |
[01:29] | it could be a long-term thing. | 不让它长久发展下去 |
[01:31] | Uh-oh, there’s Mom. Owen? | 妈妈来了 欧文 |
[01:33] | Don’t say a word. | 一个字都不许提 |
[01:34] | There you are, you two. | 你们俩在这儿啊 |
[01:36] | – Hi, Mom. – Hi. | -你好 妈妈 -你好 |
[01:37] | – I’ve been looking for you everywhere. – Mom. | -我到处找你们呢 -妈妈 |
[01:39] | Everybody’s in there– what are you doing in here? | 大家都在那儿 你们在这儿做什么 |
[01:42] | We don’t know anyone. | 我们谁也不认识 |
[01:43] | Of course you don’t– that’s why I have to introduce you. | 那是当然 所以我才要介绍你们 |
[01:45] | So, how do you know him? | 你和他有多熟 |
[01:47] | The deceased. | 亡者 |
[01:48] | Oh, I don’t– I never met him. | 不认识 从没见过他 |
[01:49] | No, no, it’s Charlene, the wife. | 我认识的是他妻子夏琳 |
[01:51] | You know, she’s Malcolm’s niece. | 她是马尔科姆的侄女 |
[01:53] | She’s a sweet one and she’s got a great haircut. | 她人很好 她发型也超棒 |
[01:55] | Come on, you’ll see. | 跟我来你就知道了 |
[01:56] | She’s got a great haircut. | 她发型也超棒 |
[01:58] | Ms. Peterson, I’m so sorry for your loss. | 彼得森女士 请节哀顺变 |
[02:01] | Thank you. And you’re…? | 谢谢 请问你是 |
[02:04] | Owen, Veronica’s son. | 欧文 维罗妮卡的儿子 |
[02:05] | He’s the mathematician. | 他是个数学家 |
[02:06] | This is the lawyer, Alicia. | 这是我家那位律师 艾丽西娅 |
[02:08] | I’m so sorry, Ms. Peterson. | 请节哀 彼得森女士 |
[02:09] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你们前来 |
[02:10] | And thank you so much for offering to do this. | 感谢你自告奋勇来帮忙 |
[02:14] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[02:15] | We didn’t know who to call. | 我们不知道该找谁 |
[02:16] | Eugene, this is the lawyer. | 尤金 这就是那位律师 |
[02:17] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[02:19] | Will you excuse me? Eugene works there, too. | 抱歉我得失陪了 尤金也在那儿工作 |
[02:21] | And… thank you so much again. | 再次感谢 |
[02:24] | We’re incredibly grateful for your help. | 我们非常感激你来帮忙 |
[02:27] | What’s this about, Mom? | 这是怎么回事 妈妈 |
[02:28] | You’re so generous with your time, Alicia. | 你真是拨冗前来啊 艾丽西娅 |
[02:32] | Thank you so much, Mrs. Florrick. | 非常感谢 福瑞克太太 |
[02:34] | It-it was just such a surprise to be given a 48-hour deadline. | 48小时的最后期限实在太突然了 |
[02:38] | I’m… sorry. | 不…好意思 |
[02:40] | Uh, what are we…? | 我们这是… |
[02:41] | Could you tell me what we’re talking about? | 你能告诉我这是怎么回事吗 |
[02:43] | Oh, uh, yes. | 好的 |
[02:45] | We’re coders working for Blowtorch, | 我们为软件开发公司布罗拓切公司 |
[02:47] | the software developer. | 写程序 |
[02:49] | Charlene, Frank, myself… | 夏琳 弗兰克 还有我 |
[02:51] | Frank? | 弗兰克? |
[02:52] | The deceased? | 亡者 |
[02:54] | I’m sorry, yes. | 抱歉 是 |
[02:55] | We’ve had 18-hour shifts this week | 这周我们18小时轮班 |
[02:57] | to get done some new software, | 要搞定一个新软件 |
[02:59] | and Frank was driving home for Charlene’s birthday | 弗兰克当时正驾车回家 要为夏琳庆生 |
[03:01] | and he fell asleep at the wheel. | 结果他驾驶途中睡着了 |
[03:03] | Oh, my God, I’m sorry. | 我的天 很遗憾 |
[03:04] | Thank you. So that’s why this contract rankles so much. | 谢谢 所以这份合同才让我们如此为难 |
[03:07] | It doesn’t protect us on overtime or number of hours, | 它不保护超时工作 |
[03:09] | and it says we also can’t file suit. | 还说我们不能提起诉讼 |
[03:12] | I think they’re worried about Charlene suing… | 他们担心夏琳起诉 |
[03:15] | Should they sign it or not– that’s what they want to know. | 该不该签这合同 他们想知道这个 |
[03:20] | Well… | 这… |
[03:22] | I can pull up some comparable contracts, | 我能找到几份类似的合同 |
[03:24] | but I really shouldn’t be advising… | 但我不该给什么建议 |
[03:26] | Whatever you can do. | 力所能及就行了 |
[03:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:32] | It’s too bad nobody needs free math work. | 可惜没人需要免费数学咨询 |
[03:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:37] | Let’s try not to kill anyone in the transition. | 过渡时期尽量别置人于死地 |
[03:42] | Looks like I have a meeting with a very severe-looking pollster. | 看来我要和神情严峻的民调专家开会了 |
[03:45] | So I’m gonna thank you, gentlemen, | 非常感谢 先生们 |
[03:47] | and say good-bye. | 再见 |
[03:48] | Hey, Matt. | 嗨 马特 |
[03:49] | Hello, sir. How are you? | 你好 先生 最近好吗 |
[03:51] | Good, it’s been a while. | 挺好 好久不见 |
[03:52] | How was D.C.? | 华盛顿那儿怎么样 |
[03:53] | Awful. | 很糟糕 |
[03:55] | Uh, will you let me know when my wife is free. | 我妻子有空的时候告诉我一声 |
[03:57] | Thank you. Sit, sit, sit. | 谢谢 坐吧坐吧 |
[03:59] | I want to thank you for looking over our polling. | 感谢你替我们分析这次的民调 |
[04:01] | You know, I get worried that, uh, | 我开始担心 |
[04:04] | our internals are being overly optimistic about our numbers, | 我们内部对这些数字太乐观了 |
[04:07] | and I just don’t want to get caught with my pants down. | 我可不想出事时毫无准备 |
[04:10] | You know what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[04:11] | I do know. | 明白 |
[04:15] | Okay, well, that was… | 好的 这真是… |
[04:17] | that was a very freighted pause. | 这停顿怪吓人的啊 |
[04:20] | Your internals are overly optimistic. | 你内部人员过于乐观了 |
[04:23] | Our pollsters have us leading Kresteva by five points. | 我们调查显示目前领先克里斯特瓦五个点 |
[04:26] | – Do you think that’s wrong? – Yes. | -你认为有误吗 -对 |
[04:29] | Where do you think we’re at? | 那你认为我们现在处于什么状况 |
[04:32] | Down by two points. | 落后两个点 |
[04:36] | – I’m losing? – Yes. | -我落后了? -没错 |
[04:38] | Can somebody… anybody… get me Eli. | 谁能…给我把伊莱叫过来 |
[04:41] | I believe Harbot Welch oversampled the African American | 我相信哈伯特· 韦尔奇对非裔和年轻群体 |
[04:43] | and youth vote. | 过度采样了 |
[04:44] | The vote is in two weeks and I’m losing? | 两周后就要投票了 我现在却还落后? |
[04:47] | Yes, now if you could increase | 不错 现在如果你能增加 |
[04:48] | Kresteva’s negatives with women, | 克里斯特瓦的女性反感值 |
[04:50] | you’d be very competitive. | 还是很有竞争力的 |
[04:51] | I attack Kresteva my own negatives go up. | 我如果攻击他 对我的反感也会增加 |
[04:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:54] | But not your wife’s. | 但你妻子不会 |
[04:56] | I mean, you’re not hurt | 我的意思是如果你妻子 |
[04:58] | if your wife does the attacking for you. | 替你出击 不会对你造成负面影响 |
[05:03] | No. | 不行 |
[05:04] | – It’s the only way… – I’m sorry. | -这是唯一的办法 -抱歉 |
[05:05] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[05:07] | Thank you. One, one minute. | 谢谢 稍等一会儿 |
[05:09] | Eli, where are you? | 伊莱 你在哪儿 |
[05:12] | In Alicia’s office. | 在艾丽西娅的办公室 |
[05:13] | Oh. Honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 不好意思 |
[05:15] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[05:16] | I’m good, how are you? | 不错 你呢 |
[05:20] | Peter? Are you okay? | 彼得 你还好吗 |
[05:21] | Yeah, no, I’m fine. | 挺好 还行 |
[05:22] | Listen, would you have dinner with me tonight? | 你今晚能和我吃个饭吗 |
[05:24] | Sure, why? | 行啊 怎么了 |
[05:26] | Just a thank you for the Charlie Rose interview on Thursday. | 感谢你接受周四查理·罗斯的采访 |
[05:28] | You don’t have to thank me. | 你用不着谢我 |
[05:29] | I know I don’t have to thank you. | 我知道用不着 |
[05:30] | I want to thank you, so… | 我想谢谢你 所以 |
[05:33] | How about it? | 这样吧 |
[05:34] | 8:00 downtown in my campaign bus. | 8点整 市中心 在我竞选车里 |
[05:37] | Okay, I’ll see you then. | 好的 到时候见 |
[05:41] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[05:42] | I like that rug. | 我喜欢你的地毯 |
[05:44] | My mom has one just like it. | 我妈有块很相像的 |
[05:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:48] | Nancy Crozier, what can I do for you? | 南希·克罗泽 我能帮到你什么吗 |
[05:50] | Actually I’m here to do something for you. | 其实是我来帮你的才对 |
[05:53] | We’re offering a two percent increase to the top 20. | 我们可以为顶尖20个人涨薪2% |
[05:56] | But that’s it. | 但最多只能这样了 |
[05:57] | I… | 我 |
[05:59] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[06:03] | Mr. Jenlowe is within his rights to fire them. | 詹娄先生有权开除他们 |
[06:05] | He doesn’t want to, but he runs a business. | 他不想那么做 但他是个生意人 |
[06:07] | We think two percent’s very fair. | 提高2%很不错了 |
[06:08] | Nancy, seriously, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 南希 说真的 我不知道你在说什么 |
[06:11] | Blowtorch. | 布罗拓切公司 |
[06:13] | We were told you were the lawyer consulting with the employees. | 我们了解到你是员工们的咨询律师 |
[06:16] | We just want them to sign their contracts. | 我们只是想要他们赶紧签合同 |
[06:17] | Good, I’ll let them know. | 好的 我会通知他们的 |
[06:20] | And delaying’s not gonna work. We’re in earnest. | 拖延是没用的 我们是认真的 |
[06:23] | “Earnest.” good, got it. | “认真” 很好 了解了 |
[06:26] | I like you, Alicia. | 我欣赏你 艾丽西娅 |
[06:26] | I don’t want to see you make a mistake. | 我不想看见你犯错 |
[06:30] | I’m not sure what mistake I might make, | 我不清楚我可能会犯什么错 |
[06:34] | but I am glad you like me. | 但是我很高兴你欣赏我 |
[06:37] | I don’t like sarcasm. | 我可不欣赏被讽刺 |
[06:40] | It’s cheap. | 讽刺是很廉价的 |
[06:41] | Okay, thank you, Nancy. | 好的 谢谢你 南希 |
[06:42] | We will be in touch. | 再联系 |
[06:44] | – We don’t do management labor. – This is not a hard and fast rule. | -我们不做劳资纠纷的案子 -这没有严格规定 |
[06:45] | And if we did, | 就算我们做 |
[06:46] | it wouldn’t be this piddly-squeak coder stuff. | 也不是做这个小打小闹的编码员案子 |
[06:48] | Excuse me, Alicia, this case you brought in, | 走开一下 艾丽西娅 你接的这案子 |
[06:50] | this Blowtorch case? | 这个布罗拓切公司的案子 |
[06:52] | We received a cease and desist order from Blowtorch. | 我们从布罗拓切公司收到禁止令 |
[06:56] | Now, you don’t have to tell us when you take | 你现在是合伙人了 |
[06:58] | in a new client– you’re a partner now– | 你接新客户不用告诉我们 |
[06:59] | but when it infringes on territory occupied by Chumhum… | 但是当跟查查网有利益冲突时 |
[07:04] | Okay, look, I’m sorry this has become a thing. | 我明白 我很抱歉现在小事化大 |
[07:06] | They are not my new clients. | 他们并不是我的新客户 |
[07:08] | This is just a really simple favor for my mom. | 我只是帮了我妈一个小忙 |
[07:11] | For Veronica? | 帮维罗妮卡的忙吗 |
[07:12] | How’s she doing? | 她最近好吗 |
[07:13] | Uh… good. | 挺好的 |
[07:15] | Good, tell her… “Hi” From me. | 那就好 告诉她我向她问好 |
[07:21] | I will. | 我会的 |
[07:22] | Uh, all I’m doing for these employees is | 我只是帮这些员工找些相似的合同情况 |
[07:23] | finding comps for their contract. That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[07:25] | They think you’re the lawyer. | 他们认为你是他们的律师了 |
[07:26] | I know, I know. | 我现在知道了 |
[07:28] | I will get this off my desk fast. | 我会很快解决这件事的 |
[07:29] | It’s just management labor can be a bit tricky. | 只是劳资纠纷可能会弄得很复杂 |
[07:31] | Don’t worry. This will be fast. | 不用担心 我会速战速决 |
[07:33] | But the galling thing is the maternity leave. | 麻烦的是产假制度 |
[07:35] | There’s none. | 这合同里根本就没有 |
[07:37] | 90% of these other contracts have at least one month maternity. | 其它90%的合同都有至少一个月的产假 |
[07:40] | So suggest a month? | 所以加上一个月的产假? |
[07:41] | Suggest two and they’ll reduce it to one. | 要求写两个月 他们会减少成一个月的 |
[07:43] | At the state’s attorney office, I negotiated down from three. | 在州检办时 我把三个月减成一个月 |
[07:46] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[07:47] | O.T. for any work week exceeding 60 hours. | 加班费 只要每周超60工作时都算 |
[07:50] | And some kind of criteria for performance-based bonuses. | 还要设定绩效奖金的标准 |
[07:53] | – Great. Thanks, Cary. – Sure. | -很好 谢了 凯里 -没问题 |
[07:54] | Lorna, can you get me these in triplicate? | 洛娜 你能把这些复印三份吗 |
[07:59] | Do any of you get overtime | 你们有人拿到加班费吗 |
[08:00] | if your work week exceeds 60 hours? | 每周超过60小时的时候 |
[08:04] | – Do you? – No. | -你有? -没有 |
[08:06] | I just came from a meeting with Cary and Alicia | 我刚参加了凯里和艾丽西娅的会议 |
[08:07] | and they were arguing it was unfair not to. | 他们讨论说应该有加班费 |
[08:12] | As you can see from these other four contracts | 请看这另外四份合同 |
[08:15] | from comparable work places with comparable salaries… | 工作场所 薪水等级都是类似的 |
[08:19] | Charlene, you don’t need to be here. | 夏琳 你不必出席的 |
[08:21] | It’s okay, I want to be. | 没关系 我想要出席 |
[08:24] | Mrs. Peterson, we’re very sorry for your loss. | 彼得森夫人 请节哀 |
[08:27] | As you can see from these other four contracts, | 你可以看到另外这四份合同中 |
[08:29] | we need criteria for just-cause termination. | 我们需要合理裁员的标准 |
[08:31] | Yes, except none of those other contracts were for coders. | 没错 但这些合同都不是针对编码员的 |
[08:35] | They cover contract workers, the same as Blowtorch’s coders. | 针对合同工 布罗拓切公司编码员也是合同工 |
[08:38] | Eugene? Charlene? | 尤金 夏琳 |
[08:40] | Do you consider yourselves equivalent | 你们认为你们是与这些职工一样的吗 |
[08:42] | to shop workers, pipe layers, and… | 商店职员 铺管道的 |
[08:45] | janitorial service personnel? | 还有做清洁服务的 |
[08:47] | Aren’t you more like artists? Entrepreneurs? | 你们不是更像艺术家 或是企业家么 |
[08:50] | Why don’t we focus on contractual language? | 我们还是侧重在合同语言上吧 |
[08:52] | These lawyers want to talk in dollars and cents. | 这些律师只知道谈钱 |
[08:55] | But that’s not what your work is about. | 但你们工作不是为了钱 |
[08:57] | It’s about… magic. | 是为了 创造魔力 |
[09:00] | It’s about genius. | 为了施展天才 |
[09:01] | Then why don’t you pay them like geniuses? | 那你怎么不给他们天才的待遇 |
[09:05] | “Them”? Wh… Who exactly is “Them”? | “他们” 谁是”他们” |
[09:08] | 20 Blowtorch employees. | 20位布罗拓切公司职员 |
[09:10] | They’ve signed on. | 他们都签字同意了 |
[09:11] | So again, if we could now turn to maternity leave, | 所以继续 现在说到产假问题 |
[09:13] | you’ll see it as the third… | 可以看到第三部分 |
[09:14] | I’m sorry, I don’t think we need to go any further. | 抱歉 我们不用继续了 |
[09:17] | Um, these are letters of dismissal. | 这些是免职信 |
[09:19] | Blowtorch thanks you for your many years of dedicated service. | 布罗拓切公司感谢你们多年的辛勤工作 |
[09:22] | Wait. Excuse me. | 等等 你说什么 |
[09:23] | And we wish you the best in future endeavors. | 并对你们未来工作致以诚挚祝福 |
[09:24] | This is not the way to handle this. | 你们不应该这么做 |
[09:26] | Yes, but it’s the way we’re choosing to handle it. | 对 但是我们选择了这么做 |
[09:28] | Your desks have been cleared, | 你们的办公桌已经被清空了 |
[09:29] | and your belongings have been messengered home. | 你们的私人财物也已经送还住处 |
[09:31] | You are really amazing, you know that? | 你太不可思议了 你知道吗 |
[09:33] | I do know that. | 我知道 |
[09:35] | We’re looking for artists, not employees. | 我们是招募艺术家 不是普通员工 |
[09:37] | Okay, wait, wait, wait. I’ll sign it. | 好的 等等 我会签的 |
[09:39] | – I’ll sign the contract. – Eugene, no. | -我愿意签合同 -尤金 不能签 |
[09:40] | I’m afraid it’s too late. | 恐怕来不及了 |
[09:42] | We’re worried that your attitude | 我们担心你的态度 |
[09:43] | will infect our other… artists. | 会影响其他的 艺术家们 |
[09:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:47] | It’s gonna cost us votes. | 这会让我们失去选票的 |
[09:48] | Now, we talk about this all the time, let’s just put it to bed. | 我们总在讨论这些 赶紧解决它 |
[09:54] | Well, sounds like we’re both having a bad day. | 看来我们今天都过得不顺 |
[09:57] | Yeah. What’s yours about? | 是的 你今天怎么过得不好了 |
[10:00] | I just got 20 people fired. How about you? | 我刚让20个人被炒了 你呢 |
[10:04] | They want me to go negative on Kresteva. | 他们想让我贬低克里斯特瓦 |
[10:06] | Point out his sexism. | 指出他性别歧视 |
[10:07] | Not when you’re up by five points. | 你领先5个点的时候这么做不好吧 |
[10:14] | Everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[10:17] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[10:20] | How’s your pizza? | 披萨好吃吗 |
[10:22] | It’s our first date pizza. | 这是我们第一次约会吃的披萨 |
[10:24] | And wine out of the bottle. | 还直接对瓶抽 |
[10:28] | – Well, almost like our first date. – Almost. | -几乎和我们初次约会一样 -是啊 |
[10:37] | What’s that, Peter? | 这是什么 彼得 |
[10:38] | That is a ring. | 这是个戒指 |
[10:41] | But I already have one. | 但是我已经有结婚戒指了 |
[10:44] | In two weeks, I’m gonna know whether I’m in office or not. | 两周后 我就能知道选举结果了 |
[10:48] | Either way, I have a week off. | 不管选没选上 我都有一周假期 |
[10:51] | I want you to come with me to Hawaii and renew our vows. | 我想我们去夏威夷重续结婚誓词 |
[10:55] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[10:56] | Just consider it. | 你考虑一下 |
[11:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:09] | Because things are good right now, | 因为我们现在挺好的 |
[11:11] | but that doesn’t mean they’ll stay that way. | 但这不说明我们会一直好下去 |
[11:12] | – It doesn’t mean they won’t. – No. | -也不说明就会不好 -不是的 |
[11:16] | They never do. | 就没有一直好的事 |
[11:21] | Well, all I know is that… | 我只知道 |
[11:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[11:27] | Say yes. | 答应我吧 |
[11:45] | You’re at-will employees. | 你们是任意制雇员 |
[11:47] | The company can terminate you | 公司能够用任何 |
[11:48] | for any nondiscriminatory reason. | 非歧视性的理由解雇你们 |
[11:50] | Now, everyone, wait, wait. Listen, listen. | 大家请等一等 先听 先听 |
[11:53] | There is a safe harbor here. | 有一个安全港可以利用 |
[11:55] | You can’t be fired if you say you were trying to form a union. | 如果你们说你们要成立工会 就不能解雇你们 |
[11:58] | Working together in order to collectively bargain is considered PCA: | 大家合作争取集体谈判被视作PCA |
[12:01] | “Protected concerted activity”” | 就是”受保护的联合行动” |
[12:03] | You want us to form a union? | 你想让我们成立工会? |
[12:05] | We’re not teamsters. | 我们不是卡车司机 |
[12:05] | No, we want you to keep from being fired by saying | 不是 我们想让你们这么说 |
[12:08] | you were forming a union. | 以防止你们被解雇 |
[12:09] | They can’t fire you if you say that. | 如果你们这样说 他们就不能解雇你们 |
[12:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:13] | Y-Yes. | 真的 |
[12:15] | We’ll file a complaint with the NLRB, | 我们会向国家劳资关系委员会投诉 |
[12:17] | asking them to enjoin Blowtorch from firing you. | 要求他们禁止布罗拓切公司解雇你们 |
[12:20] | Then you just drag out the process of unionizing. | 然后你们就拉长成立工会的程序 |
[12:22] | The whole point is to delay. | 主要的目的就是拖 |
[12:23] | They’ll eventually fire us. | 他们早晚要开掉我们 |
[12:24] | No. Delay and you’ll get leverage. | 不一定 一拖你们就有筹码 |
[12:26] | It’ll keep them from hiring replacement workers. | 他们没法雇佣新员工来接替你们 |
[12:31] | I think it’s a good idea. | 我觉得这主意挺好 |
[12:34] | Shake the trees at OSHA, | 去查查职业安全与健康管理局 |
[12:36] | EEOC | 平等就业机会委员会 |
[12:37] | and EBSA. | 和员工福利保障管理局 |
[12:39] | What am I looking for? | 我该查些什么东西呢 |
[12:40] | Any complaints by Blowtorch employees alleging | 布罗拓切公司员工发起的工作中不平等 |
[12:42] | an unfair or unsafe workplace. | 或是不安全的投诉 |
[12:44] | It’ll make it easier to argue that they were unionizing. | 这样会更容易证明他们要成立工会 |
[12:46] | Organizing? Why should we do that? | 成立组织 我们做这个干吗 |
[12:48] | Because we’re underpaid and overworked. | 因为我们工资低 加班多 |
[12:50] | And we’ll be out of work if we rock the boat. | 如果我们无风生浪就可能被开除 |
[12:52] | – Margie? – Hmm? | -玛吉 -嗯 |
[12:53] | I thought you were gonna get me lunch. | 你不是说要去帮我买午饭 |
[12:55] | I-I’m on my way. | 我…我这就去 |
[12:56] | The way is this way, not that way. | 那你该往这边走 不是那边 |
[13:05] | Hello, everyone, | 大家好 |
[13:07] | and thank you for joining us | 感谢你们来参加 |
[13:08] | at the Chicago National Labor Relations Board. | 国家劳资关系委员会设在芝加哥的法庭 |
[13:11] | I’m Administrative Law Judge Rodney Jesko. | 我是行政法官罗德尼·杰斯科 |
[13:14] | “Rodney” is fine. | 叫我罗德尼就好了 |
[13:16] | Or even “Rod”” | 罗德也行 |
[13:18] | Rod, Nancy Crozier for the respondent, Blowtorch. | 罗德 我叫南希·克罗泽 代表被告布罗拓切公司 |
[13:21] | And I’m sorry, but I’m very new to NLRB, | 不好意思 我对劳资法庭不是很熟悉 |
[13:25] | so if you could just let me know | 你能不能在该我发言的时候 |
[13:26] | when it’s my turn to say my piece? | 提醒我一下 |
[13:27] | There’s no need to apologize. | 没有必要道歉 |
[13:29] | – I’m a new judge here myself. Just promoted. – Really? | -我也是刚刚被提拔的新法官 -真的吗 |
[13:32] | Happened a few years later than I thought it would, | 比我预想的晚了几年 |
[13:35] | but, uh… that’s politics. | 但是…政治就是这样 |
[13:39] | Your Honor– I mean, Rod– | 法官阁下 不好意思 罗德 |
[13:41] | we have affidavits from 18 recently dismissed employees | 我们收集了18位最近被解雇的员工的证词 |
[13:45] | attesting to protected concerted activity under the NLRA. | 证明他们采取了受劳资法庭保护的联合行动 |
[13:49] | Wow. 18? | 哇 18位 |
[13:51] | – Ms. Crozier? – I’m sorry. “Nancy.” | -克罗泽女士? -不好意思 叫我南希就行 |
[13:54] | I tend to just blurt things out when I’m amazed. | 我吃惊的时候经常会忍不住 |
[13:57] | I do the same thing. | 我也有这个毛病 |
[13:58] | My friends are always trying to stop me. | 我的朋友们总得提醒我 |
[14:00] | Rod, we ask that you enjoin Blowtorch | 罗德 我们请求你 |
[14:02] | from firing any employees until such time | 在我们准备好关于工会的诉讼之前 |
[14:04] | as we can prepare a case for unionizing. | 禁止布罗拓切公司解雇任何员工 |
[14:07] | Yes, but, Rod, each day | 好的 但是罗德 |
[14:08] | that this labor dispute is dragged on | 这起劳资纠纷每拖一天 |
[14:10] | is a day that my client gets closer to bankruptcy. | 我的委托人就离破产更近一天 |
[14:12] | How is a handful of terminated employees | 几个被开除的员工 |
[14:14] | trying to get their jobs back going | 想方设法讨回工作的行动 |
[14:16] | to mean her client’s financial ruin? | 怎么会导致她委托人破产 |
[14:18] | Sorry, I thought these would be more polite proceedings. | 不好意思 我以为法庭辩论会比较文明 |
[14:20] | Uh, yes. So let’s please try to watch our tone. | 是的 请注意说话的语气 |
[14:23] | Blowtorch’s financial situation is very precarious | 布罗拓切公司的财务状况很不稳定 |
[14:26] | with resources diverted to protracted litigation. | 长时间的诉讼会消耗很多财力 |
[14:28] | All right, well, then I see no problem | 好吧 既然如此 我觉得 |
[14:29] | with questioning these witnesses right now | 可以马上开始询问证人 |
[14:32] | about their organizing efforts. | 弄清他们组织工会的情况 |
[14:33] | Your Honor, we came here merely expecting | 法官阁下 我们今天来出庭 |
[14:35] | to lay the groundwork for our defense. | 仅打算为我方的辩护打下基础 |
[14:36] | Ah, but wasn’t it Oliver Wendell Holmes who said, | 但霍姆斯不是说过 (美国最高法院大法官) |
[14:38] | “Speed is a thing that is… | 速度是一个… |
[14:42] | mightily… to be wished”? | 大家强烈… 希望的东西? |
[14:46] | Can we question your first witness? | 我们可以询问你方第一位证人吗 |
[14:53] | What am I supposed to say? I can’t lie. | 我该说些什么呢 我又不能说谎 |
[14:56] | We don’t want you to lie. | 我们不想让你说谎 |
[14:59] | We want you to tell the helpful truth. | 你要说对我们有利的实话 |
[15:05] | Les Neukirk from the Department of Labor. | 我是劳工部的莱斯·纽柯克 |
[15:08] | And you’re looking for information | 你们在查询关于 |
[15:09] | on Blowtorch Industries? | 布罗拓切公司的信息? |
[15:11] | Yes. Workplace complaints. | 是的 工作方面的投诉 |
[15:13] | Why don’t you ask the employees you’re representing? | 你们为什么不直接问你们代表的员工呢 |
[15:16] | Well, we don’t represent all the employees. | 我们并不代表所有的员工 |
[15:18] | Oh. Um… | 哦 嗯 |
[15:21] | we have no outstanding complaints against Blowtorch. | 目前没有针对布罗拓切公司的投诉 |
[15:24] | What about past complaints? | 过去呢 |
[15:26] | Just one in the last 18 months, recently withdrawn. | 过去18个月以来只有一起 刚刚撤诉 |
[15:29] | So, how long have you been at Lockhart/Gardner? | 你在洛&加律所干了多久了 |
[15:33] | Me? Uh, a little over a month. | 我吗 一个多月吧 |
[15:35] | Any workplace issues? | 工作上有什么问题吗 |
[15:38] | No. | 没有 |
[15:39] | Very happy, thank you. | 我很喜欢这里 谢谢 |
[15:40] | Because some people contact me as a cover | 因为有些人联系我只是为其他问题 |
[15:42] | for other issues: pay, benefits. | 做掩护 比如工资 福利等等 |
[15:45] | No, good benefits, health care. | 没有 福利 医疗保险都很好 |
[15:48] | Everything’s good. | 一切都好 |
[15:49] | And you? | 你呢 |
[15:50] | Happy as a clam. | 开心得不得了 |
[15:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:52] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:54] | Sometimes firms grow so fast, | 有的时候律所发展得太快 |
[15:56] | issues of wage and hour compliance get overlooked. | 工资和工作时间方面的问题就被忽略了 |
[16:01] | No one has to know that you talked to me. | 我会为我们的交谈保密 |
[16:09] | You get health care? | 你有医保? |
[16:14] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[16:16] | – Are you from the Department of Labor? – Yes. | -你是劳工部的吗 -是啊 |
[16:19] | Do you need something? | 你们需要帮忙吗 |
[16:20] | Just some advice. | 帮我们出出主意 |
[16:22] | Do you have someplace we can talk? | 找个地方我们谈谈吧 |
[16:25] | Frank’s not even dead 24 hours, | 弗兰克死去还不到24个小时 |
[16:27] | and we get hit with this contract. | 他们就拿出了这份合同 |
[16:30] | People were outraged. It felt punitive. | 员工们都十分愤怒 感觉公司在惩罚我们 |
[16:32] | And did you discuss collectively taking action | 你们有没有商量采取集体行动 |
[16:35] | in response to these contract demands? | 以应对合同要求 |
[16:37] | Sorry to interrupt, but objection. | 不好意思打扰一下 我反对 |
[16:39] | Calls for legal conclusion. | 引导证人下结论 |
[16:40] | Indeed it does. Sustained. | 确实是这样 反对有效 |
[16:42] | Did you collectively voice outrage to your boss? | 你们有没有集体向老板表达愤怒 |
[16:46] | At that stage, no. | 在那个时候 还没有 |
[16:49] | But you did | 但你们确实 |
[16:50] | discuss getting together to have your views known | 商量准备一起向管理层 |
[16:53] | to someone in a supervisory capacity, right? | 表达你们的看法 对吗 |
[16:55] | Not… | 没… |
[16:56] | I mean, in terms of… | 我是说 就这方面讲… |
[16:59] | See, we were fired before we could formulate a specific plan. | 我们制定具体计划之前就被解雇了 |
[17:02] | But you had time to get in touch with me before | 但你们有时间在被解雇之前 |
[17:04] | you were terminated, right? | 跟我取得联系 对吗 |
[17:06] | Yes. We collectively got in touch with you | 是的 我们在弗兰克·彼得森的葬礼上 |
[17:08] | at Frank Peterson’s funeral. | 一起联系到了你 |
[17:09] | And what exactly did we discuss? | 我们当时讨论了什么问题 |
[17:12] | How we could engage in | 我们如何能够采取 |
[17:13] | protected concerted activity to safeguard our rights. | 受保护的联合行动以保障我们的权益 |
[17:16] | I’m sorry, but the witness is obviously | 不好意思 证人很显然 |
[17:18] | regurgitating terminology he’s been fed by counsel. | 在复述律诗事先教会他的术语 |
[17:20] | I mean, objection. | 我是说 我反对 |
[17:23] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[17:24] | When we met at the funeral, | 我们在葬礼上见面的时候 |
[17:26] | did we discuss potentially starting a union | 我们有没有谈到以成立工会作为一种 |
[17:28] | to address your contract concerns? | 潜在的方式来解决合同方面的问题 |
[17:31] | Potentially, yes. | 作为一种潜在方式 是的 |
[17:32] | We discussed the potentiality. | 我们讨论了这种潜在的可能性 |
[17:34] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢 我问完了 |
[17:35] | Nancy, anything? | 南希 你有问题吗 |
[17:36] | Yes. We have one rebuttal witness– | 是的 我们有一位反驳证人 |
[17:39] | Charlene Peterson. | 夏琳·彼得森 |
[17:44] | Thanks for doing this, Owen. | 感谢你能来帮忙 欧文 |
[17:45] | I know we’ve never been very close. | 我知道我们的关系一直不太亲密 |
[17:48] | Well, like I said, | 我说过 |
[17:49] | statistical sampling isn’t really my area of expertise. | 统计抽样并不是我的专业领域 |
[17:53] | I’m just looking for an opinion from someone I’m not paying. | 我只是想听听一个不是我下属的人的意见 |
[17:56] | The thing is it looks pretty good, but I can’t, | 看起来很不错 但我不能 |
[18:00] | I can’t really tell. | 我说不好 |
[18:02] | I have a speech in a few minutes. | 我几分钟后有场演讲 |
[18:05] | Oh. I’ll let you go then. | 那我走了 |
[18:06] | No, no, no, go ahead, stay. | 别别别 请继续 留下吧 |
[18:13] | Did you and Alicia talk? | 你和艾丽西娅聊过吗 |
[18:14] | Did we talk? Yes. | 我们聊过吗 是的 |
[18:16] | About me? | 关于我吗 |
[18:19] | About, um, about personal things. | 关于 一些私人的事 |
[18:24] | I’ve asked Alicia to recommit to our marriage. | 我向艾丽西娅提出重续结婚誓言 |
[18:27] | I know you talk with her, | 我知道你会和她交心 |
[18:29] | I know that you and I have had our differences. | 我知道你和我存在分歧 |
[18:32] | But I’m-I’m really intent on showing you | 但我真的很想向你证明 |
[18:37] | that I want to forget those differences. | 我想摒弃前嫌 |
[18:41] | Peter… this isn’t a campaign. | 彼得 这不是在竞选 |
[18:43] | This is life. | 这是生活 |
[18:45] | You think I’m campaigning? | 你觉得我在用竞选那一套吗 |
[18:47] | Yeah, I read somewhere that | 是的 我从哪里读到过 |
[18:49] | the surest way for a politician | 政客获取选民支持的最有效方法 |
[18:51] | to get you to love him is to ask for something. | 就是向其索取些什么 |
[18:54] | You’d think it’d be the opposite: | 一般想法都是正好相反 |
[18:55] | to give you something. | 以为付出是最好途径 |
[18:56] | But, no, voters count themselves so cheap, | 但不是 选民们把自己看得太卑微 |
[19:00] | you just have to ask me a favor. | 你要我的支持 只需开口求助 |
[19:02] | I asked you here because I want things | 我请你来 是因为我想 |
[19:03] | to be better between us. | 改进我们的关系 |
[19:04] | So I’d put in a good word for you with Alicia? | 好让我在艾丽西娅面前替你说好话? |
[19:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:14] | I’d better go. | 我还是走吧 |
[19:15] | And, uh, you gotta get to that speech. | 你也得去演讲了 |
[19:27] | She said if we wanted to keep our jobs, | 她说我们要想保住工作 |
[19:30] | forming a union was the only way. | 组织工会是唯一的办法 |
[19:31] | Mrs. Florrick said that? | 福瑞克夫人这么说的吗 |
[19:32] | I’m going to object on the grounds of attorney-client privilege. | 我反对 基于律师与委托人的保密特权 |
[19:35] | The client can waive that privilege. | 委托人可以放弃这一特权 |
[19:36] | I am representing 19 of her coworkers. | 我代表的还有她的19位同事 |
[19:39] | She’s effectively waiving it on their behalf, too. | 她实际上还在代表他们放弃权利 |
[19:41] | Mm, interesting quandary. | 这个窘境有意思了 |
[19:44] | How to split that baby? | 该怎么折中一下才能化解呢 |
[19:48] | By not. | 不折中即可化解 |
[19:51] | I think I shall side with more inclusiveness. | 我想我支持更大的包容性 |
[19:54] | You may answer the question, Ms. Peterson. | 你可以回答这个问题 彼得森女士 |
[19:56] | Yes. Mrs. Florrick said that. | 是的 福瑞克夫人是那么说的 |
[19:58] | And before Mrs. Florrick advised you to form a union, | 在福瑞克夫人建议你们组织工会前 |
[20:01] | had you or any of your fellow coders | 你或你的编码员同事们 |
[20:03] | expressed any interest in doing so? | 考虑过要那么做吗 |
[20:05] | We did not. | 没有 |
[20:06] | Lorna, can you get me the Department of Labor on the phone? | 洛娜 可以帮我接通劳工部吗 |
[20:09] | Diane and Will asked for you. | 戴安和威尔找你 |
[20:10] | – They… Now? – Yes. | -他们…现在吗 -是的 |
[20:13] | Could you close the door? | 你能关上门吗 |
[20:19] | We have an insurrection on our hands, Alicia. Because of you. | 我们被起义了 艾丽西娅 因为你 |
[20:22] | The assistants are asking for a raise. | 助理们要求加薪 |
[20:24] | They’re inspired by this case that isn’t a case. | 她们受到了这个不该存在的官司的启发 |
[20:26] | We thought you were giving it up. | 我们以为你不管这案子了 |
[20:27] | Yes, the difficulty is | 是的 但难处在于 |
[20:28] | the employer threatened to fire them, | 雇主威胁要开除他们 |
[20:30] | so we felt obligated. | 所以我们觉得有义务继续下去 |
[20:31] | You broke it, you own it? | 破坏了就要管到底 |
[20:32] | Unfortunately. We’re at the NLRB right now. | 很遗憾 我们已经投诉到劳资委那里了 |
[20:34] | They’re not gonna get another cent. | 一分钱也不能给她们涨 |
[20:36] | These damned assistants. | 这些该死的助理 |
[20:36] | They think we need them. | 觉得我们没了她们不行 |
[20:38] | The assistants are asking | 助理们要求我们 |
[20:39] | that we listen to their proposal. | 听取她们的诉求 |
[20:42] | How many assistants? | 有多少个助理 |
[20:43] | Eight. Why? | 8个 为什么这么问 |
[20:44] | Well, they need a third to get a vote on unionizing. | 要凑够1/3的助理才可以投票组织工会 |
[20:46] | That’s not enough. | 8个还不够 |
[20:47] | They know. | 她们都清楚 |
[20:47] | You had a Department of Labor guy out who educated them. | 你们找来的劳工部的人指导了她们 |
[20:49] | Well, then we need to talk to them. | 那我们得和她们谈谈 |
[20:51] | We need to fire ’em before… | 我们得开了她们 |
[20:52] | David, Alicia, | 大卫 艾丽西娅 |
[20:53] | you meet with the assistants before they organize. | 在助理们组织起工会前 去和她们谈谈 |
[20:56] | – Hear their demands. – And then what? | -听听她们的要求 -然后呢 |
[20:58] | Hear their demands. | 就听听她们的要求 |
[21:00] | We don’t have the money for across-the-board raises. | 我们没钱给所有助理加薪 |
[21:02] | We do if we don’t take increases this quarter. | 这季度不增加利润就能省出钱来 |
[21:06] | We do if you don’t take any salary this year. | 你今年不拿工资就能省出钱来 |
[21:09] | The difficulty, Alicia, is | 艾丽西娅 难处在于 |
[21:11] | we can’t afford the precedent. | 我们不能开这个先例 |
[21:14] | Nothing from the Department of Labor? | 劳工部那边没打听到消息吗 |
[21:15] | No, no complaints. | 没 没有投诉 |
[21:17] | Charlene really testified against you? | 夏琳真的指证你们了吗 |
[21:19] | I think Blowtorch has her back in their ranks. | 我觉得布罗拓切公司把她拉拢回去了 |
[21:21] | What do you think, a payoff? | 什么意思 买通了她吗 |
[21:22] | Probably. We need some way to prove it though. | 有可能 但我们需要想办法证明 |
[21:25] | I’ll go talk to her coworkers. | 我去找她的同事们谈谈 |
[21:31] | Cary, did you know that Robyn | 凯里 你知道律所给罗宾 |
[21:33] | has health care? | 上了医保吗 |
[21:36] | No, I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[21:38] | Do you know how much she earns? | 你知道她的工资有多少吗 |
[21:40] | – Um… No, how much? – I don’t know. | -不知道 多少 -我不知道 |
[21:44] | Are you feeling jealous? | 你嫉妒了吗 |
[21:45] | Do you want to know why the widow is testifying for Blowtorch? | 你想知道那个寡妇为什么帮布罗拓切公司作证吗 |
[21:49] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我想 |
[21:51] | Then ask Robyn ’cause she gets health care. | 那就让罗宾查吧 因为她有医保 |
[21:54] | – Kalinda. – Yeah. | -凯琳达 -怎么了 |
[22:00] | The fourth years are starting our own firm. | 我们几个四年律师在组建自己的律所 |
[22:03] | We’re taking five top clients with us. | 我们会带走前五大客户 |
[22:05] | – Who? – I’m not gonna say. | -哪五个 -我不会说的 |
[22:07] | I want you to come with us. | 我希望你也加入我们 |
[22:11] | Sure. | 当然 |
[22:12] | Exclusively. | 只给我们干 |
[22:14] | – No way. – They don’t value you here. | -没戏 -这里不重视你 |
[22:16] | We’ll value you. You’ll have your own office. | 我们会重视你 你会有自己的办公室 |
[22:19] | I don’t want my own office. | 我不想要自己的办公室 |
[22:19] | You’ll be paid more. | 你会拿到更高的工资 |
[22:21] | Okay. Then you come up with an offer, | 好吧 那你就给我开个数 |
[22:23] | – and I’ll listen. – No. | -然后我再考虑 -不 |
[22:25] | You’ll just use that to get up Lockhart/Gardner’s offer. | 你只会拿着去向洛克哈特&加德纳要高价 |
[22:29] | We need three months to get our ducks in order. | 我们需要三个月来把事情筹备好 |
[22:33] | Okay, then come up with an offer | 好 那等你把你的…事情筹备好 |
[22:36] | when you get your… ducks. | 给我开个数 |
[22:38] | Oh, by the way, the man from the Department of Labor said | 对了 劳工部那个人说 |
[22:41] | that somebody recently withdrew their complaint against Blowtorch. | 近期有人撤回了对布罗拓切公司的投诉 |
[22:45] | I would look there. | 应该往这个方向查 |
[22:48] | So you filed a complaint about the hazardous working conditions | 你是否在你丈夫死后立即向劳工部投诉 |
[22:51] | – at Blowtorch immediately following your husband’s death? – Yes. | -布罗拓切公司的工作环境不安全 -是的 |
[22:54] | But then you withdrew that complaint within 24 hours? | 但你在24小时内又撤回了投诉? |
[22:58] | – Yes. – Ms. Peterson, were you offered an inducement | -是的 -彼得森女士 为了让你撤回投诉 |
[23:00] | by the company to withdraw that complaint… | 公司是不是给了你什么好处 |
[23:02] | Objection, Rod. | 罗德 我反对 |
[23:03] | I’m sorry, but this young woman has just lost her husband, | 抱歉 但这位年轻的女士刚刚丧夫 |
[23:06] | and this is clearly badgering. | 这明显是在纠缠证人 |
[23:08] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[23:08] | Doesn’t really sound like badgering to me, Nancy. | 我觉得听起来算不上纠缠 南希 |
[23:10] | You can answer the question. | 你可以回答这个问题 |
[23:12] | They settled. | 他们找我和解 |
[23:12] | I was going to sue, but they settled. | 我本来要上诉 但他们与我和解了 |
[23:14] | Rod, we believe | 罗德 我们认为 |
[23:15] | – this proves our case. – Does not. | -这证明了我们的论断 -并没有 |
[23:17] | Actually, Nancy, I’m afraid it does. | 实际上 南希 恐怕的确证明了 |
[23:18] | I find that the coders at Blowtorch were attempting to engage | 我认为布罗拓切公司的编码员在被开除前 |
[23:22] | in a protected, concerted activity prior to being fired. | 的确是在尝试进行受保护的协同活动 |
[23:26] | I therefore order that they be reinstated. | 因此我命令公司给他们复职 |
[23:28] | But they still need to vote to form a union | 但他们仍然需要投票才能组建工会 |
[23:30] | in order to retain that protection. | 有工会他们的行为才受到保护 |
[23:31] | Otherwise, Blowtorch has an absolute right to fire them. | 否则布罗拓切公司有绝对的权利开除他们 |
[23:33] | Yes, that is absolutely true. | 是的 你说得一点没错 |
[23:34] | Only if the union is not certified before the court-imposed deadline. | 前提是工会没有在规定时限内组建起来 |
[23:37] | And that is absolutely true. | 你说得也一点没错 |
[23:38] | Therefore we would ask for | 那我们请求加快进程 |
[23:40] | an expedited deadline of 24 hours. | 将时限定为24小时 |
[23:41] | What?! She can’t ask for 24 yours. | 什么 她不能要求24小时 |
[23:42] | Hold on, hold on, hold on. Compromise. | 等等 等等 等等 都妥协一下 |
[23:45] | Compromise is the cornerstone of any… | 妥协是所有… |
[23:48] | well, of any building. | 所有建筑的基石 |
[23:50] | So I have made a decision. | 我做好决定了 |
[23:52] | The workers are going to get their injunction, | 员工们申请的禁令可以被批准 |
[23:54] | and the company’s going to get their 24-hour deadline. | 公司要求的24小时时限也被批准 |
[23:55] | – But, Rod, 24 hours… – 24 hours is not… | -但 罗德 24小时 -24小时不… |
[23:57] | Listen, Alicia, | 听着 艾丽西娅 |
[23:58] | if your clients were really organizing, | 如果你的委托人们真的有在组织工会 |
[24:01] | they should be ready | 他们就应该准备好了 |
[24:02] | and able to get this vote together in 24 hours. | 也能够在24小时内组织好选票 |
[24:09] | Jenny, I don’t understand | 珍妮 我不明白 |
[24:10] | how half this memo could be misspelled- | 这份备忘怎么会有一半都拼错了 |
[24:12] | just run it through a spell-check. | 用程序检查一下拼写 |
[24:17] | That’s okay, Jenny. | 暂时不用 珍妮 |
[24:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[24:21] | Come in. | 进来 |
[24:25] | You taking over? | 你要接我的班? |
[24:26] | Couldn’t do worse. | 坏不到哪里去 |
[24:27] | You already got a five percent raise, Kalinda. | 你的工资已经涨了5个点了 凯琳达 |
[24:29] | We’re not talking about money again this year. | 今年我们不是又要讨论钱的事吧 |
[24:30] | I’m being pursued. | 我收到要约(亦表受到追捕) |
[24:32] | My God, that’s awful. | 天哪 真糟糕 |
[24:33] | Did you talk to the police? | 你报警了吗 |
[24:34] | And I’m considering taking the offer. | 我在考虑接受要约 |
[24:36] | Yes, and every time you try this gambit, | 没错 这招你每用一次 |
[24:38] | it’s just a little less effective. | 就减少一点威力 |
[24:40] | Who’s pursuing you? | 谁邀请你去 |
[24:41] | – New firm. – Which new firm. | -新事务所 -哪家新事务所 |
[24:44] | Robyn gets health care. | 罗宾有医疗保险 |
[24:48] | Do you want health care? | 你要医疗保险吗 |
[24:49] | Well, health care’s equivalent to… | 医疗保险相当于 |
[24:52] | $30,000 a year– that puts her pretty close to my salary. | 三万美元一年 那她的薪水跟我差不多 |
[24:55] | She told you her salary? | 她告诉你她的薪水了 |
[24:56] | No. I can guess. | 没有 我猜得到 |
[24:58] | She’s been here five weeks, Will. | 她才来了5个星期 威尔 |
[25:00] | I’ve been here five years. | 我已经在这儿干了5年了 |
[25:01] | Kalinda, health care requires exclusivity, | 凯琳达 医保要求专职 |
[25:03] | – and you want your freedom. – I want my value. | -你要的是自由 -我要我应得的价值 |
[25:05] | Why is everybody talking about money all of a sudden? | 为什么突然大家都在谈钱 |
[25:07] | What happened to being a family? | 难道我们不是个大家庭吗 |
[25:10] | Doing things because we’re dedicated to each other. | 我们做事不是因为我们为彼此奉献吗 |
[25:16] | Look, you consider being exclusive to us, | 听着 如果你愿意只为我们工作 |
[25:19] | and I’ll get you more money. | 我就可以给你涨薪水 |
[25:22] | But otherwise, your freedom… | 但如果你不愿意的话 你的自由 |
[25:24] | costs you. | 是有代价的 |
[25:32] | Well, is that a yes? | 这是表示同意吗 |
[25:33] | I’m gonna check with the other firm, | 我还要跟那个事务所商量商量 |
[25:35] | see if they give me a better offer. | 看看他们会不会给我更好的待遇 |
[25:37] | Yes, the imaginary firm. | 是啊 某个假想出来的事务所 |
[25:41] | If the vote were right now, | 如果现在投票 |
[25:42] | how many coders are in favor of unionizing? | 有多少编码员同意成立工会 |
[25:46] | I mean, I think our 29 are pretty solid. | 我觉得我们29个人会支持的 |
[25:48] | And anti-union? | 反对的呢 |
[25:52] | Management probably has about the same number tied up. | 管理层大概能找到差不多同样多的反对票 |
[25:54] | So it’s 29-29. | 那就是29比29 |
[25:56] | And the swing votes? | 摇摆票呢 |
[25:57] | Uh, Linda Kennedy, Eric Needleman– | 琳达·肯尼迪 埃里克·尼德曼 |
[25:59] | those could go either way. | 他们两边都有可能 |
[26:00] | We need them both. | 他们俩我们都要争取 |
[26:02] | What if we got one and they got one | 如果双方各争取到一个 |
[26:03] | and it was 30-30… | 成了30比30怎么办 |
[26:04] | You still lose. Tie goes to management. | 那你们还是输 平局倾向于管理层 |
[26:06] | Well, it’s up to you, | 那就取决于你们了 |
[26:08] | all of you, really, to put pressure on these two. | 你们所有人 真的 去给那两人施压 |
[26:10] | Make your case for unionizing. | 讲讲你们成立工会的道理 |
[26:14] | I’m glad we’re taking the time to do this today. | 我很高兴我们今天抽出时间来做这件事 |
[26:16] | We are all on the same team here. | 我们都是站在一边的 |
[26:17] | Do you realize that we get paid | 你知不知道我们得到的薪水 |
[26:19] | ten percent less than staff at other Chicago firms of our size? | 比芝加哥其他同等规模的事务所低十个点 |
[26:22] | No, I wasn’t aware of that. | 不 我不知道 |
[26:24] | But this isn’t just about the money. | 但这不仅仅是钱的问题 |
[26:25] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[26:27] | Don’t mind me. Carry on. | 别理我 继续说 |
[26:30] | Um… you were saying | 你刚才说 |
[26:32] | that there are nonfinancial issues as well? | 还有些非财政的问题 |
[26:34] | Yes. It would be nice if we were able to | 是的 如果我们可以 |
[26:36] | go see our kids in their school plays or basketball games | 去看子女的学校演出或者篮球赛 |
[26:38] | without it affecting our performance evals. | 而不影响我们的绩效评估 那该多好 |
[26:40] | Alicia, make a note. | 艾丽西娅 记下来 |
[26:41] | Any parent whose kid’s playing Jean Valjean gets the afternoon off. | 扮演冉阿让的孩子的家长下午可以请假 |
[26:45] | Come on, that’s not… | 拜托 这根本不… |
[26:45] | Okay, we are not discussing solutions today. | 好吧 我们今天不是在讨论解决方法 |
[26:48] | This is just an introductory meeting | 这只是一个介绍性的会议 |
[26:51] | to lay out everyone’s concerns. | 让大家把想法摊开来说 |
[26:52] | Yeah. Let me lay out my concerns. | 是啊 让我把我的想法摊开来说 |
[26:54] | David, please… | 大卫 请别这样 |
[26:55] | You lay out your top three concerns, | 把你最关心的三件事说出来 |
[26:57] | and I’ll lay out mine. | 我就说我的 |
[26:59] | Okay. Number one, seven percent pay bump. | 好 第一 工资涨七个点 |
[27:02] | That still puts us below the other big firms. | 这样我们还是比其他大事务所低 |
[27:04] | And number two, we would like | 第二 我们希望 |
[27:05] | to vest in a retirement plan in three years, not five. | 工作三年就有养老保险 而不是五年 |
[27:07] | – Never gonna happen. – Well, can you at least hear us out? | -绝对不可能 -至少听我们把话说完 |
[27:10] | Why don’t you go to another firm to hear you out? | 你为什么不到另一家事务所去把话说完 |
[27:12] | Are you kidding? Did you just threaten to… | 开什么玩笑 你刚刚是在威胁 |
[27:13] | To fire Margie? Yes, I did. | 要开除玛吉吗 是的 没错 |
[27:15] | She’s only been with me for 11 years. | 她不过跟了我11年 |
[27:17] | You I barely recognize, | 而你我几乎不认识 |
[27:19] | so if you want to go first, or anybody else, | 所以如果你 或者任何人想第一个走 |
[27:21] | step right up. | 就站起来 |
[27:24] | If you terminate Margie, we’ll all go on strike. | 如果你把玛吉开除 我们就一起罢工 |
[27:26] | You can’t go on strike. You’re not unionized. | 你们没法罢工 你们没有成立工会 |
[27:28] | Then we’ll vote to form a union. | 那我们就投票成立工会 |
[27:30] | You can barely get my lunch order right– how are you.. | 我的午餐你都买不对 你们怎么可能… |
[27:32] | Okay, everybody please just calm down, calm down. | 好了 所有人请冷静一下 冷静一下 |
[27:43] | 18? Oh, my God, | 18岁 天哪 |
[27:44] | they’re gonna draft you any day now. | 你现在随时都可能被拉去服兵役 |
[27:46] | How sad is that? You can get drafted at 18, | 太可悲了 你18岁可以被拉去服兵役 |
[27:48] | but you can’t drink till you’re 21. | 但是要到21岁才能喝酒 |
[27:49] | I can buy cigarettes. | 我可以买烟 |
[27:50] | – Oh, that’s progress. – And porn. | -那倒是个进步 -还有黄片 |
[27:52] | Oh, good, a healthy conversation. | 好吧 多健康的对话 |
[27:55] | Mom really hasn’t gotten a handle on this whole gift thing. | 妈妈还没弄清该送什么礼物 |
[27:59] | Hello, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[28:02] | Mom seems happy. | 妈妈看起来很高兴 |
[28:03] | – Well, she likes your kids. – For ten years I’ve been | -她喜欢你的孩子们 -十年了我一直 |
[28:05] | trying to get her to see them– now all at once. | 尝试让她见见他们 现在一起见了 |
[28:07] | Well, she doesn’t like babies; they get on her nerves. | 她不喜欢婴儿 婴儿让她心烦 |
[28:10] | How’s Peter? | 彼得怎么样了 |
[28:10] | He’s good. Why? | 挺好 为什么问这个 |
[28:12] | He… met with me. | 他 约我见面了 |
[28:16] | What? | 什么 |
[28:18] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[28:20] | Well, he… met with me about polling. | 他 来找我商量民调的事 |
[28:24] | Peter called you up, | 彼得打电话给你 |
[28:25] | to meet with you about polling? | 要和你见面商量民调的事? |
[28:26] | Yeah. He’s worried he’s not doing well, | 是的 他担心他情况不妙 |
[28:28] | but he can’t go negative on Kresteva’s sexism | 但是他如果用性别歧视攻击克里斯特瓦 |
[28:31] | without hurting himself with women. | 会牵扯出他自己的女性关系 |
[28:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:36] | I’m not sure. | 我不能肯定 |
[28:40] | I think I might be wrong about him. | 我觉得我可能对他有误解 |
[28:42] | He’s sweet… in his way. | 他很贴心 以他的方式 |
[28:44] | Especially now– he’s very vulnerable. | 特别是现在 他很脆弱 |
[28:47] | So, what are you two talking about? | 你们俩在聊什么呢 |
[28:48] | Just these wonderful presents, Mother. Cock a doodle doo! | 这些美妙的礼物 妈妈 公鸡喔喔啼 |
[28:52] | I think they’re excellent for psychological role-playing. | 我觉得这些用在心理角色扮演上会很不错 |
[28:55] | So, I’m gonna give Zach some wine. | 我要给扎克喝点酒 |
[28:57] | – Okay with you? – No. | -你觉得可以吗 -不行 |
[28:58] | Oh, come on. I let you drink wine at 16. | 拜托 你16岁的时候我就让你喝酒了 |
[29:02] | – I know. – You know, in Italy, | -我知道 -你知道 在意大利 |
[29:03] | where they give kids wine at any age, | 你可以给任何年龄的小孩子喝酒 |
[29:05] | there’s less public drunkenness than anywhere in the world. | 那儿的公共场合酗酒发生率全世界最低 |
[29:07] | You just made that up, Mom. | 你瞎说的吧 妈妈 |
[29:08] | No, I didn’t. No, I didn’t. Look it up. | 没有 我没有 查查看 |
[29:10] | There’s less public drunkenness in Muslim countries | 在穆斯林国家公共场合酗酒的发生率更低 |
[29:12] | where alcohol is outlawed. | 因为在那些国家喝酒是非法的 |
[29:18] | What’s wrong, Alicia? | 怎么了 艾丽西娅 |
[29:22] | Peter asked her to renew their vows. | 彼得邀请她重续誓言 |
[29:25] | Can we please just have a conversation between the two of us | 咱们每次私下谈话 |
[29:28] | without you sharing it with the whole world? | 你都必须宣告全世界吗 |
[29:29] | What, I’m the whole world now? | 什么 我成了全世界了 |
[29:31] | Peter just wants to tie you down. | 彼得只是想套牢你 |
[29:33] | I know how he works. | 我知道他的把戏 |
[29:34] | No, see, I-I think we’ve judged him too harshly. | 不 我觉得我们对他的批判太严厉了 |
[29:36] | Oh. Since when? What happened? | 从什么时候开始 发生了什么事 |
[29:39] | Don’t look at me. I’m just doing the dishes. | 别看我 我只不过在洗碗 |
[29:41] | I talked to him, and I think he’s grown a lot. | 我跟他谈过了 我觉得他成长了很多 |
[29:44] | Oh, you are so easily swayed. | 你太容易动摇了 |
[29:45] | No, I just, I want my sister to be happy. | 不是 我只是 我希望我姐姐幸福 |
[29:47] | And I don’t want her to be happy? | 难道我不希望她幸福吗 |
[29:49] | If you end up with Peter, | 如果你跟彼得和好了 |
[29:50] | in two months he’ll be back with the hookers. | 不出两个月他就会回到妓女身边 |
[29:52] | All right, I’m sorry, do you want us to stop? | 好吧 很抱歉 你希望我们闭嘴吗 |
[29:53] | No. No, this is why I invite you over. | 不 不 请你们来就是想让你们说个够 |
[29:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:57] | Peter talks to you; I’ll talk to Peter. | 彼得跟你聊过了 那我要跟彼得聊聊 |
[29:58] | Mom… you talk to Peter, | 妈妈 如果你去找彼得 |
[30:00] | and I’ll never let you see the kids again. | 我就再也不让你见孩子了 |
[30:04] | This is my life. | 这是我的人生 |
[30:06] | Understood? | 懂吗 |
[30:09] | Good. | 好 |
[30:16] | I’m not gonna talk to Peter. | 我不找彼得谈就是了 |
[30:20] | Sabrina, has Eugene Kreskoff arrived? | 萨布丽娜 尤金·克雷斯科夫到了吗 |
[30:23] | Sabrina? | 萨布丽娜 |
[30:27] | Eugene said they worked the swing votes, | 尤金说那两张摇摆票 |
[30:28] | Kennedy and Needleman, | 肯尼迪和尼德曼 |
[30:29] | for most of yesterday, but so did management. | 昨天几乎都在游说他们 但是公司也在游说他们 |
[30:32] | Does he have a sense of which way they’re leaning? | 能估到这两人怎么打算的吗 |
[30:34] | They’re cautiously optimistic, | 他们持谨慎的乐观态度 |
[30:35] | but they wanted to make another run at them this morning. | 想今天上午再劝一番 |
[30:36] | – We have a problem. – What? | -我们麻烦了 -怎么了 |
[30:38] | Kennedy and Needleman, our swing votes– | 肯尼迪和尼德曼 那两张摇摆票 |
[30:40] | Blowtorch just fired them. | 布罗拓切公司刚炒了他们 |
[30:42] | They can’t do that. | 他们不能这样 |
[30:43] | Blowtorch knew Linda Kennedy and Eric Needleman | 布罗拓切公司明知肯尼迪和尼德曼 |
[30:46] | were the swing votes the employees needed to unionize. | 是员工们成立工会所需要的两张摇摆票 |
[30:48] | – And that’s why they were fired. – No. They were fired for cause. | -所以炒了他们 -不 解雇他们有正当理由 |
[30:51] | Well, first of all… | 首先 |
[30:53] | good morning, everyone. | 各位早上好 |
[30:55] | Good morning, Rod. | 早上好 罗德 |
[30:57] | The two employees that were terminated | 我们解雇那两名员工 |
[30:58] | called in sick, but as these videos show, | 打电话请了病假 但根据这些视频显示 |
[31:01] | they were not sick. | 他们没有生病 |
[31:03] | These are Web chat videos showing Needleman and Kennedy | 这些尼德曼和肯尼迪的网聊视频显示 |
[31:05] | discussing wanting to stay away from work. | 他们在讨论想待在家里不去上班 |
[31:07] | Because they were sick of being intimidated for their votes! | 因为他们讨厌总是被人恐吓投票 |
[31:10] | It doesn’t matter the reason. This is blue flu. | 原因不重要 这是请病假 |
[31:11] | They faked an illness to get out of having to go to work, | 他们装病不上班 |
[31:14] | and the company is well within their rights to fire them. | 公司完全有权解雇他们 |
[31:16] | Not if the company found out by spying on them. | 但公司暗中监视他们就不行 |
[31:19] | Oh, she’s right, Nancy– you can’t spy on your employees. | 她说得对 南希 你不能暗中监视员工 |
[31:21] | Yes. And if they were monitoring their Facebook pages, | 对 如果公司监控的是他们的微博页面 |
[31:24] | then that would be spying, but this was just routine monitoring. | 那就属于暗中监视 但这只是日常的监控 |
[31:26] | Recording their private Web chat? | 偷录私人网聊是日常监控? |
[31:27] | Which were conducted on company laptops. | 他们是用公司的笔记本电脑网聊的 |
[31:29] | Oh. These were company laptops. | 原来是公司的笔记本电脑啊 |
[31:31] | That they had in their own homes, | 他们是在自己家里进行网聊 |
[31:33] | where they had a legitimate expectation of privacy. | 公民在家依法享有隐私权 |
[31:36] | I’m sorry… Rod, but I am feeling | 抱歉 罗德 但我觉得 |
[31:38] | a little bit ganged up on here. | 对方有点人多势众 |
[31:39] | Oh, I’m sorry, Nancy. | 抱歉 南希 |
[31:40] | Uh, Alicia, Cary, could just one of you… | 艾丽西娅 凯里 你们一对一 |
[31:43] | – argue? – Thank you. | -辩论好吗 -谢谢 |
[31:45] | The employee handbook is unambiguous, Rod. | 员工手册上说得很清楚 罗德 |
[31:47] | Company-issued equipment is subject to monitoring at all times. | 公司有权随时对其配发的设备进行监控 |
[31:51] | Yes. And if the company combed through | 没错 但是如果公司细查 |
[31:53] | every e-mail and Web chat that it monitored, | 其监控的每封邮件和每条聊天记录 |
[31:55] | they’d find other violations, too, but they haven’t. | 他们会发现别人也有违规行为 但公司没这么做 |
[31:58] | Because this is just pretext. | 因为这只是借口 |
[32:00] | Blowtorch knew those two employees | 布罗拓切公司明知这两名员工 |
[32:02] | were the swing votes in a union election. | 是工会选举中的摇摆票 |
[32:03] | Which is why they stayed home. | 这是他们待在家里不上班的原因 |
[32:05] | That is not why they were fired. | 但不是他们被解雇的原因 |
[32:06] | Okay. Thank you. You’ve given me… a lot to digest. | 好了 谢谢各位 信息量有点大 |
[32:10] | And again… I think what’s best here | 我重申 我认为最佳方案 |
[32:14] | is compromise. | 是各退一步 |
[32:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[32:17] | Rod? | 罗德 |
[32:18] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[32:20] | What’s the compromise? | 怎样各退一步 |
[32:22] | Oh. Uh, you get your election, | 你可以进行工会选举 |
[32:23] | and the company can fire their employees for cause. | 公司属于合法解雇两名员工 |
[32:26] | What do we do now? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[32:27] | We have a little less than three hours before the vote. | 我们还有不到三小时就要投票了 |
[32:30] | We need to pick someone off. | 我们得剔掉一个人 |
[32:31] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[32:32] | To pick someone off. | 去剔掉一个人 |
[32:36] | Can I talk to you? | 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[32:42] | Charlene, first let me start by | 夏琳 首先请让我表明 |
[32:44] | saying I regret what happened between us in court. | 对于在庭审时发生的事情感到很遗憾 |
[32:47] | You have suffered a terrible traged… Please just hear me out. | 你经历了一场可怕的煎熬… 请听我说完 |
[32:50] | I’m not changing my vote. | 我不会改变投票 |
[32:51] | Do you realize how important this union could be? | 你知道这个工会有多重要吗 |
[32:54] | Don’t you dare play the “Your husband died for this” Card. | 你别想拿”你丈夫因此而死”做理由 |
[32:57] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 抱歉 |
[32:59] | Could you… just let me in for a minute? | 你能不能让我先进去 |
[33:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:07] | Just give me a minute. | 你先等会儿 |
[33:22] | – Hello? – Alicia, hi. | -喂 -艾丽西娅 你好 |
[33:24] | As Ms. Peterson’s lawyer, I must ask you to desist. | 作为彼得森女士的律师 我要求你立即停止 |
[33:34] | Close the door. | 关门 |
[33:39] | If I agreed to exclusivity, | 如果我愿意成为专属调查员 |
[33:42] | what would you offer me? | 你给我什么待遇 |
[33:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:46] | Can you beat that amount? | 能高过这个数吗 |
[33:51] | Is that what you’re being paid here? | 这是你在这里的工资吗 |
[33:52] | Can you beat it? | 能高过这个数吗 |
[33:54] | If not, there’s no reason to talk. | 不能的话就免谈 |
[33:57] | I might be able to. I’ll have to talk to my partners. | 也许能 我得跟其他合伙人商量下 |
[34:01] | Kalinda… | 凯琳达 |
[34:04] | I’m not getting in a bidding war with Lockhart/Gardner. | 我不想跟洛&加律所恶性竞争 |
[34:08] | Good to know. | 我明白了 |
[34:11] | It was a client lunch scheduled | 我本来计划在沙巴迪诺餐厅的老位置 |
[34:12] | for my usual table at Sabatino’s, | 跟客户吃个商务餐 |
[34:15] | but Margie forgot to make the reservation, | 但是玛吉忘了订位 |
[34:17] | and I had to eat at a table by the kitchen. | 害我得在厨房边上的桌子吃饭 |
[34:19] | Jenny’s doing the same to me. | 珍妮也这样对我 |
[34:21] | They’re trying to show us how important they are. | 他们想向我们展示自己的重要性 |
[34:22] | – Are the clients getting wind yet? – Not yet. | -有客户注意到了吗 -还没有 |
[34:24] | They will. The staff is rebelling. | 迟早的事 助理们在起义 |
[34:26] | I’m sure if we just make one or two substantive concessions… | 如果我们做出一两项实质性的让步的话… |
[34:29] | – You mean, surrender. – They’re not being unreasonable. | -你是指投降 -他们也不是无理取闹 |
[34:31] | Just because you came up short for the Blowtorch workers, | 别以为你帮不了布罗拓切公司的员工 |
[34:34] | doesn’t mean you can expiate your guilt here. | 就可以在这里赎罪 |
[34:35] | Easy, David. | 别这样 大卫 |
[34:36] | All right. They see us spending more on infrastructure, | 好吧 他们看见我们在基础设施上增加开支 |
[34:39] | and they want more. | 所以也想要加薪 |
[34:40] | The problem is precedent. | 问题是不能开先例 |
[34:42] | We can’t pay them all more at the same time. | 我们不能同时给他们全部加薪 |
[34:44] | That’s why we should fire the ringleaders. | 所以要把带头的炒了 |
[34:46] | I’ll cap Margie, you get rid of what’s-her-name, | 我先甩了玛吉 你把那个谁也炒了 |
[34:48] | and I guarantee the rest of them | 我保证其他人 |
[34:50] | will think twice before they complain again. | 再想挑事前就会先掂量下了 |
[34:51] | First of all, that sets us up for years of lawsuits. | 首先 那会陷我们于好几年的诉讼 |
[34:53] | Then let ’em sue. You’re management now. | 让他们告去 你现在是管理层了 |
[34:55] | – Start acting like it. – Okay, wait. | -有点管理层的样子吧 -好了 先别吵 |
[34:57] | Will, we need to split them up, don’t we? | 威尔 我们不是得逐个击破吗 |
[35:04] | Let me think about it. | 我先考虑一下 |
[35:06] | – You rang? – I did. | -你找我吗 -是的 |
[35:09] | Look, if I commit, what’ll I get? | 如果我同意的话 给我什么待遇 |
[35:13] | You’ll be exclusive to Lockhart/Gardner? | 你愿意做洛&加律所的专属调查员? |
[35:15] | If I agree, what are you gonna give me? | 如果我同意 你给我多少 |
[35:17] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[35:25] | More than that. | 高过这个数 |
[35:28] | Is this from your imaginary new firm? | 这个数来自你想象中的新律所吗 |
[35:29] | Yup. I need more, Will. | 对 我要高过这个数 威尔 |
[35:32] | Well, unfortunately, we’re in the midst of a rebellion, | 很不巧 我们正忙于解决抗议事件 |
[35:35] | so any talk of salary increases will have to wait. | 任何关于加薪的讨论都得延后 |
[35:38] | Who’s rebelling? | 谁在抗议 |
[35:39] | The assistants. | 助理们 |
[35:42] | Why? Who were you thinking? | 怎么了 你刚才想到谁了 |
[35:44] | So, when can you get back to me with an amount? | 你什么时候能给我答复 |
[35:48] | Don’t know. | 说不准 |
[35:50] | Don’t do anything stupid, Kalinda, like leaving us. | 别做傻事 凯琳达 比如辞职之类 |
[35:53] | Look, I’m sure you’ll be fine with Robyn and the support staff. | 你肯定能跟罗宾以及助理们相处愉快 |
[35:57] | They’re all family. | 他们都是家人 |
[36:02] | Was it your intention, Ms. Peterson, | 彼得森女士 |
[36:04] | after receiving the $4 million in company stock, | 在收到400万美元的公司股票后 |
[36:06] | to continue working at Blowtorch as a coder? | 继续在布罗拓切公司写代码是你自己的意愿吗 |
[36:09] | I’m sorry, Rod. Objection. | 抱歉 罗德 反对 |
[36:10] | If Alicia is intending to use Ms. Peterson’s recent absence | 如果艾丽西娅想利用彼得森女士 |
[36:13] | during this time of grieving to argue | 最近因服丧而缺勤 |
[36:15] | that she’s no longer an employee… | 来主张她不再是公司的员工… |
[36:16] | I’m not arguing that at all. | 我完全不是这个意思 |
[36:18] | Oh. Well, then, objection… | 那么 反对… |
[36:20] | uh, well, let’s not say overruled. | 我们不说驳回吧 |
[36:21] | Let’s just say it’s delayed. | 就说暂缓好了 |
[36:23] | This is a copy of Blowtorch corporate bylaws. | 这是布罗拓切公司公司规章制度的复印件 |
[36:26] | Could you please turn to page 63, | 你能翻到63页 |
[36:28] | and read paragraph two-A, Roman numeral IV? | 读一下第二段A节 第IV条吗 |
[36:32] | “Any employee or non-employee owning a minimum of five percent | “职员或非职员 |
[36:36] | “of the outstanding common shares of company stock | “拥有公司已发行股份5%以上 |
[36:39] | “shall be entitled to a voting seat on the board of directors” | “将获得董事会投票权” |
[36:43] | And given that at the market’s close today, | 鉴于今天股市停盘 |
[36:45] | Blowtorch was worth a little less than $77 million… | 布罗拓切公司市值接近7700万… |
[36:48] | Well, I’m sure you can do the math. | 我相信你数学不错的 |
[36:50] | I see. So, she’s a director of the company? | 明白了 她是公司董事了 |
[36:53] | Yes, Rod, which means | 对 罗德 这意味着 |
[36:54] | she fits the NLRB definition of management, | 她符合国家劳资管理委员会对管理者的定义 |
[36:56] | and therefore, cannot vote. | 也就是说 她不能投票 |
[36:58] | Alicia, that’s very clever. | 艾丽西娅 非常聪明 |
[36:59] | – Thank you, Rod. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 罗德 -不客气 |
[37:02] | But she has not taken her seat on the board. | 但她没有加入董事会 |
[37:03] | No, but the day she took the stock, | 对 但她拿到股票的那天起 |
[37:05] | she was no longer qualified as an employee | 就不再是 |
[37:07] | who could vote in a union election. | 可以对工会决定投票的职员了 |
[37:08] | Well, I don’t know if that’s true. | 我不知道那是不是真的 |
[37:11] | But it sounds true. | 但听起来是 |
[37:14] | Rod, may I suggest a compromise? | 罗德 我能提个折中方案吗 |
[37:16] | No, that’s okay. I already have one. | 没关系 我已经有了 |
[37:18] | Ms. Peterson is no longer eligible to vote, | 彼得森女士不再有权投票 |
[37:20] | and the election is to go forward without her. | 投票排除她后继续进行 |
[37:27] | Kresteva is currently ahead of your husband with female voters. | 克里斯特瓦在女性投票数上领先你丈夫 |
[37:32] | Do you think they see in Peter | 你觉得她们是在彼得身上 |
[37:35] | something they do not trust? | 看到了让她们不信任的东西吗 |
[37:39] | I think it’s because the press has been more interested in Peter’s | 我觉得是因为媒体一直更关注 |
[37:43] | past failings as a family man, for which he has long since atoned, | 彼得过去的失足 虽然他早已改正 |
[37:48] | than they are in Mike Kresteva’s present ones. | 却不关心克里斯特瓦现在对家庭的过错 |
[37:50] | Kresteva’s present ones? | 克里斯特瓦现在的过错? |
[37:52] | That’s an interesting idea. | 这是个有趣的观点 |
[37:54] | I mean, what is it you mean specifically? | 你具体是指什么呢 |
[37:57] | Running a political campaign is not a one-man show. | 参加竞选不是一个人的事 |
[38:01] | For every candidate out there giving speeches and kissing babies, | 当竞选人在外面演讲 亲吻他人的孩子时 |
[38:04] | there’s a spouse who’s doing everything else. | 他/她的配偶承担着其他一切 |
[38:07] | If everything is perfect, | 即使一切都完美 |
[38:09] | it is still tremendously hard on that spouse. | 对那个配偶来说 仍然是非常大的压力 |
[38:13] | And if it’s not… | 如果不是… |
[38:15] | If it’s not, what? | 如果不完美 则…? |
[38:16] | Do you want to draw a comparison between | 你愿意对比一下 |
[38:21] | Mike Kresteva and your husband? | 迈克·克里斯特瓦和你丈夫吗 |
[38:29] | Mike Kresteva is struggling with alcoholism. | 迈克·克里斯特瓦酗酒 |
[38:33] | It is a serious disease… | 那是很严重的疾病… |
[38:35] | – Did you talk to her? – No, this is her. | -你找过她? -没 是她自己去的 |
[38:36] | …and one that he’ll need tremendous support to battle. | 需要很多的支持才能战胜 |
[38:38] | But instead of prioritizing his family | 但他没有把家庭放在首位 |
[38:40] | and dealing with those issues, | 处理这些问题 |
[38:43] | Mr. Kresteva has chosen | 而是选择了 |
[38:45] | to throw himself into a political campaign. | 投入一场政治竞选 |
[38:48] | If voters are asking themselves | 如果投票者问问自己 |
[38:51] | which candidate is more, truly more committed, | 哪位候选人对女性和家庭 |
[38:55] | to women and families, | 真正更加诚恳 |
[38:57] | it’s my husband, Peter Florrick. | 那是我丈夫 彼得·福瑞克 |
[39:00] | I know it now, and I’ve always known it. | 我现在知道 我一直知道 |
[39:02] | Hard to believe she can say that with a straight face, isn’t it? | 很难相信她能绷着脸说那些 对吗 |
[39:06] | Ms. Loy. | 洛伊女士 |
[39:07] | Please, call me Veronica. | 请叫我维罗妮卡 |
[39:09] | Um, okay. | 好的 |
[39:12] | Are you here to see David Lee, or…? | 你是来见大卫·李 还是… |
[39:13] | No, I-I just saw him, thank you. | 不 我见过他了 谢谢 |
[39:16] | Actually, I was looking for you. | 其实我在找你 |
[39:18] | Is there something I can help you with… Veronica? | 有事需要我帮忙吗 维罗妮卡 |
[39:21] | Yes, as a matter of fact, there is. | 对 确实有 |
[39:23] | Do you love my daughter? | 你爱我女儿吗 |
[39:26] | – I’m sorry? – Because if you do, | -什么 -如果你爱她 |
[39:28] | it’s time to stop being polite about it. | 是时候丢下你的礼貌了 |
[39:31] | You have a window, but it’s closing. | 你本有扇窗 现在它要关上了 |
[39:33] | That schmuck of a husband of hers wants to renew their vows. | 她那个蠢货丈夫想重续誓言 |
[39:36] | And I know my daughter. | 我了解我女儿 |
[39:37] | If she does that, | 如果她重续了 |
[39:39] | you’re never gonna pry her away from him. | 你就永远无法从他身边夺走她了 |
[39:41] | So you got to move now. | 所以你要立刻行动 |
[39:48] | It’s very nice to see you again, Ms. Loy. | 很高兴再次见到你 洛伊女士 |
[40:00] | The vote is 29-28. | 投票结果 29比28 |
[40:05] | In favor of, um…? | 多数赞成… |
[40:07] | Oh. Favor of unionizing. | 赞成成立工会 |
[40:11] | Thank you both, so much. | 谢谢你们 非常感谢 |
[40:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[40:13] | All right. All right, everyone. Settle down there, have a seat. | 好了好了 冷静冷静 请就坐 |
[40:16] | With this election certified, | 这次投票确定了 |
[40:18] | this union becomes the authorized bargaining unit | 工会成为有权为布罗拓切公司编码员 |
[40:20] | for member coders at Blowtorch. | 进行谈判的组织 |
[40:22] | Let the contract negotiations begin. | 你们可以开始合同谈判了 |
[40:25] | I’m sorry, Rod. I don’t think that Blowtorch | 抱歉 罗德 布罗拓切公司 |
[40:27] | will be able to participate in those negotiations. | 将无法参与这些谈判 |
[40:29] | You see, the company’s been sold. | 公司被卖掉了 |
[40:30] | – Oh, my goodness. Really? – Sold to whom? | -天呐 真的吗 -卖给谁了 |
[40:33] | I think you know the buyer, actually. Chumhum? | 其实你们认识买家 查查网 |
[40:36] | They really wanted Blowtorch for the intellectual property | 他们真的想要的是布罗拓切的知识产权 |
[40:39] | and not the employees, | 而非员工 |
[40:40] | so, it’s a good thing they got it so cheap. | 所以…他们能如此低价购买实在是件好事 |
[40:46] | Did you encourage all the union talk at Blowtorch | 你们鼓励布罗拓切员工组织工会 |
[40:48] | – in order to drive the price of the company down? – What? | -是为了压低公司售价吗 -什么 |
[40:51] | You brought the case to us. | 是你把案子带来的 |
[40:52] | Yes. But after I brought it, | 对 但我带案子来之后 |
[40:54] | did you drive the price of the company down for Chumhum? | 你们帮查查网压低公司价格了吗 |
[40:57] | No. | 没有 |
[40:58] | So, it’s just a coincidence that Chumhum bought it? | 所以查查网买下它只是巧合了? |
[41:00] | I don’t know what it is, but we didn’t do anything wrong. | 我不知道 但我们没做错事 |
[41:02] | Business just does what business does, Alicia. | 在商言商 艾丽西娅 |
[41:05] | And we’re w running late for a partners’ meeting. | 我们合伙人会议要迟到了 |
[41:09] | Good! | 很好 |
[41:11] | Ah, the executive committee has arrived. | 管理委员会到了 |
[41:14] | How is it going? | 情况如何 |
[41:15] | I’ve presented our plan to the partnership, | 我跟合伙人说了我们的计划 |
[41:18] | and I think we’ve come to a consensus | 我们已经达成一致 |
[41:19] | on how to handle the clerical rebellion of 2013. | 该处理2013助理反叛事件了 |
[41:23] | Uh, before anyone gets fired, | 在有人被开除之前 |
[41:25] | I’d appreciate at least being able | 我希望至少 |
[41:26] | to speak on behalf of the assistants? | 为助理们说句话 |
[41:27] | It’s okay. We had another idea on how to handle this. | 没事的 我们有了新主意 |
[41:30] | In addition to their responsibilities supporting you and David, | 除了协助你和大卫的任务 |
[41:33] | Lorna and Margie have both been appointed staff coordinators. | 洛娜和玛吉被任命为员工协调员 |
[41:36] | And while I’m sure we’re both | 虽然我知道 |
[41:37] | gonna miss their very friendly faces around the firm, | 我们都希望在律所看见她们的亲切面孔 |
[41:40] | we’re allowing them to telecommute three days a week. | 我们将允许她们每周三天在家上班 |
[41:42] | You asked us to listen, so we listened. | 你要求我们倾听 我们倾听了 |
[41:44] | And this is what they really wanted. | 这是她们真想要的 |
[41:45] | And the other employees? | 那其他雇员呢 |
[41:47] | We’ll get to them in time. Baby steps. | 我们慢慢照顾她们 一步一步来 |
[41:51] | You bought off the ringleaders. | 你们收买了首要分子 |
[41:52] | We handled the problem | 我们解决问题的方式 |
[41:54] | in a way that protected us and satisfied them. | 既保护了自己 也让她们满意 |
[41:57] | It’s what management does. | 这就是管理者该做的 |
[42:00] | So, onto the next order of business. | 那么进入下一议程 |
[42:02] | This case based on a lead provided by… | 这个案子基于… |
[42:06] | *So far it’s not bad…* | *目前都还不错* |
[42:13] | Don’t come on this bus unless you have good news for me. | 除非你有好消息 不要进来 |
[42:15] | I have good news. | 我有好消息 |
[42:17] | I did some polling after the interview. | 在采访后我做了民调 |
[42:20] | *The way that you feel…* | *你体验到的…* |
[42:24] | Suburban, exurban… | 郊区 远郊区 |
[42:26] | Across the board. Kresteva’s lead just got erased. | 全面提升 克里斯特瓦的优势被追平了 |
[42:29] | It’s a dead heat. | 目前不分胜负 |
[42:35] | It was your interview with Charlie Rose that did this. | 都归功于你在查理·罗斯的采访上说的话 |
[42:42] | *I’d give up anything to get used to this * | *我愿放弃一切来习惯它* |
[42:45] | You promise me | 你保证 |
[42:46] | that you will never put me through the same thing again. | 永远不再让我承受那样的事 |
[42:48] | *I’d give up anything to be home* | *我愿放弃一切只为回家* |
[42:54] | *I’d give up anything to be home… * | *我愿放弃一切只为回家* |
[42:56] | Alicia… I promise. | 艾丽西娅… 我保证 |
[43:00] | *And I’ve done everything to get into this…* | *我已经付出一切以进入…* |
[43:04] | Then, yes, I would love to renew our vows. | 那好 我愿意重续誓言 |
[43:09] | Let’s do it then. | 我们行动吧 |