时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Thanks for doing this here. | 谢谢你能来这儿 |
[00:10] | No problem. | 不用谢 |
[00:12] | What are you thinking? | 你的意思是 |
[00:14] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[00:17] | With Agos/Florrick? | 叫艾格斯&福瑞克律所 |
[00:20] | Florrick/Agos. | 福瑞克&艾格斯 |
[00:23] | Carey in litigation; | 诉讼部的凯里 |
[00:24] | Jeremy, family law; | 家庭法部的杰里米 |
[00:26] | Andre, acquisitions. | 企业并购部安德雷 |
[00:28] | They all wanted to join; they’re all good. | 他们都想加入 也都很不错 |
[00:30] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[00:31] | And what about Kalinda? | 那凯琳达呢 |
[00:34] | No. Robyn. | 不来 罗宾来 |
[00:35] | Why not Kalinda? | 为什么没有凯琳达 |
[00:36] | Money. | 因为钱 |
[00:37] | Are you okay with that? | 你能接受吗 |
[00:39] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[00:41] | Just kind of weird. | 就是有点奇怪 |
[00:41] | Everything’s ending. | 一切都结束了 |
[00:43] | Beginning too. | 也是新开始 |
[00:50] | So… | 那… |
[00:54] | how are we gonna tell them? | 我们怎么跟他们说 |
[00:55] | Who? | 跟谁 |
[00:56] | Will and Diane. | 威尔和戴安 |
[00:57] | Oh, it’s the circle of life. | 这不过是生命循环罢了 |
[01:00] | They had to leave their old law firms | 他们也曾离开之前的律所 |
[01:01] | to start Lockhart/Gardner. | 创办了洛克哈特&加德纳 |
[01:02] | I have the death row appeal on Thursday. | 我周二有死刑上诉案 |
[01:04] | I will tell them after that. | 之后再跟他们说 |
[01:05] | We have to get some office space anyway. | 反正我们得先找办公地点 |
[01:08] | Unless you want to take the Sweeney offer? | 除非你想接受斯威尼的交易条件 |
[01:12] | No. | 不想 |
[01:15] | Congratulations, | 恭喜 |
[01:17] | Mrs. First Lady. | 州长夫人 |
[01:23] | I forgot. | 我都忘了 |
[01:42] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[01:46] | It’s been two hours and ten minutes. | 2小时10分钟了 |
[01:49] | Is that normal? | 那正常吗 |
[01:50] | No. | 不正常 |
[01:55] | Is that one of the moms? | 那是受害者的母亲吗 |
[01:57] | Mrs. Henning. | 是海宁夫人 |
[02:01] | God, she must hate us. | 天啊 她肯定恨死咱们了 |
[02:15] | I will now read the warrant. | 由我宣读行刑令 |
[02:17] | “Whereas Eddie Alan Fornum, | “鉴于艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆 |
[02:19] | “on the 26th of May, 1999, | “于1999年5月26日 |
[02:22] | “murdered both Lynn Gore and Susan Henning, | “谋杀了琳恩·戈尔和苏珊·海宁 |
[02:26] | “and whereas Eddie Alan Fornum…” | “以及艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆…” |
[02:34] | “…and whereas | “以及… |
[02:34] | “Eddie Alan Fornum was adjudicated guilty of two counts | “艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆被裁定 |
[02:37] | “of murder in the first degree and sentenced to death, | “犯有两起一级谋杀罪并判处死刑 |
[02:40] | “we will now carry out the sentence” | “我们现在行刑” |
[02:42] | Mr. Fornum, do you have any last words? | 佛努姆先生 你最后想说点什么吗 |
[02:49] | I’m sorry to everyone here. | 在场的各位 对不起 |
[02:53] | To my new lawyers, | 我的新律师 |
[02:56] | Diane and Alicia, | 戴安和艾丽西娅 |
[02:59] | I have a favor to ask of you both. | 我想请你们帮个忙 |
[03:02] | Please… | 请… |
[03:04] | …if you could… | 如果可以的话 |
[03:07] | go see my mom. | 去看看我妈妈 |
[03:11] | I was her only son, | 我是她的独子 |
[03:14] | and I was a disappointment. | 而我让她失望了 |
[03:21] | To the parents | 受害人 |
[03:22] | of Miss Henning and Miss Gore, | 海宁小姐和戈尔小姐的父母们 |
[03:26] | I am sorry | 我为发生在 |
[03:28] | what happened to your daughters, | 你们女儿身上的事感到遗憾 |
[03:29] | but I did not do this. | 但那不是我做的 |
[03:32] | And I wish… | 我还希望… |
[03:35] | I wish I could say what was happening | 我希望我可以违心地说 |
[03:38] | here tonight was just, | 今晚正义得到了伸张 |
[03:40] | because that might bring you some… | 这样也许可以带给你们… |
[03:43] | because that might make… | 也许可以让你们… |
[03:51] | They’re having trouble finding a line. | 他们找不到血管了 |
[04:08] | Ma’am, please sit down. | 女士 请坐下 |
[04:11] | Ma’am, I’m gonna need you to sit down right now. | 女士 请你马上坐下 |
[04:13] | I want to talk to the Warden. | 我想跟典狱官说话 |
[04:13] | Ma’am, I need you to sit down right now. | 女士 请你立刻坐下 |
[04:15] | You got to go and sit down right now. Let’s go, let’s go. | 你必须立刻坐下 走吧 走吧 |
[04:17] | – Warden? – Excuse me, go back to your seat. | -典狱长 -抱歉 请回座位上去 |
[04:19] | Warden Barkin, I need to speak with you! | 巴尔金典狱长 我有话跟你说 |
[04:20] | All right, let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[04:21] | Warden Barkin! | 巴尔金典狱长 |
[04:22] | We’re Eddie’s lawyers, you can’t just… | 我们是艾迪的律师 你不能… |
[04:23] | Yes, we can and we will. | 我们可以 也会赶你们出去 |
[04:26] | Wait. | 等等 |
[04:28] | Sir, this is an Eighth Amendment violation. | 先生 这违反了第八修正案 |
[04:30] | Lower your voice, | 小声点 |
[04:32] | Miss Lockhart. | 洛克哈特女士 |
[04:33] | I know, we’re all tense. | 我知道 我们都很紧张 |
[04:35] | Our two medical technicians are having trouble | 我们的两个医疗技术人员 |
[04:37] | finding a suitable vein. | 没找到合适的血管 |
[04:38] | But that is all. | 但仅此而已 |
[04:40] | Mr. Fornum was an intravenous drug user, | 佛努姆曾通过静脉注射毒品 |
[04:42] | and many of his veins have collapsed. | 他的很多血管都坍缩了 |
[04:44] | You have been trying for two hours and 20 minutes | 你们试了2小时20分钟 |
[04:46] | to find a vein? | 就为了找血管吗 |
[04:49] | Yes, but we’re now attempting to run a line in his foot. | 对 但我们准备用脚上的血管了 |
[04:52] | This is torture, this is the definition of torture. | 这是折磨 教科书式的折磨 |
[04:55] | That’s not for you to say, ma’am. | 那不是你说了算的 女士 |
[04:56] | That’s right. It’s for the court. | 没错 得法庭说了算 |
[04:57] | Broom v. Strickland. | 布鲁姆诉斯崔克兰案有先例 |
[05:00] | This execution is a direct violation | 这场执行直接违反了 |
[05:02] | of Eighth Amendment protections, | 第八修正案保护的权益 |
[05:04] | and it should be delayed | 应该延期 |
[05:06] | until you can ensure its proper administration. | 直到你们找到适当实行方式 |
[05:19] | Hi, could you open the door for me? | 你好 能帮我开下门吗 |
[05:21] | Uh… sure. | 好 |
[05:24] | Hi, I’m Monica in litigation. | 我是诉讼部的莫妮卡 |
[05:25] | I’m teleconferencing from home. | 我在家远程参加会议 |
[05:28] | Okay, settle down, everybody. | 各位请坐 |
[05:31] | Just got out of court. | 绕过法庭 |
[05:33] | We need to pursue an evidentiary path to an appeal. | 我们得找到有凭有据的方式上诉 |
[05:34] | Clearly it’s a long shot… | 明显很难成功… |
[05:36] | Just shut the door on it. | 把它关出去 |
[05:38] | Alicia just got here. | 艾丽西娅来了 |
[05:40] | Good. She has the legal aid work. | 好 她有法律援助机构的资料 |
[05:41] | They want us to take point on the appeal. | 他们希望我们成功上诉 |
[05:43] | And when is the execution now? | 执行改在什么时候了 |
[05:44] | Saturday, midnight. | 周六 午夜 |
[05:45] | It’s been delayed 48 hours. | 推迟了48小时 |
[05:47] | Look, it’s a second chance. | 听着 这是第二次机会 |
[05:49] | That’s all we need. Robyn, take us through. | 我们有这个就行 罗宾 介绍情况 |
[05:51] | Eddie Alan Fornum was arrested in July, 1999, | 艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆于1999年7月被捕 |
[05:53] | for murdering two 17-year-old girls outside of a movie theater | 罪名是在南本德一家影院外 |
[05:57] | in South Bend after a botched carjacking. | 抢劫汽车失败后谋杀两个17岁的女孩 |
[05:59] | Eddie had an alibi, but he was found | 艾迪有不在场证明 但被发现 |
[06:01] | in possession of one of the girls’ necklaces. | 持有其中一个女孩的项链 |
[06:02] | Which he bought at a flea market. | 他是从跳蚤市场买的 |
[06:03] | And his hair was found on the body. | 尸体上还发现了他的头发 |
[06:05] | That’s where we want to focus our appeal. | 这是我们上诉的关键点 |
[06:06] | We don’t think it’s Eddie’s hair on the body, | 我们不认为尸体上真有艾迪的头发 |
[06:09] | and we’re subpoenaing the forensic lab to retest it. | 我们正在要求法院实验室重新检测 |
[06:11] | What about the snitch? | 那个告密者呢 |
[06:12] | He’s the real reason that Eddie was convicted. | 他是艾迪被定罪的真正原因 |
[06:14] | He died six years ago. | 他六个年前死了 |
[06:15] | I don’t think we’d find much there. | 我觉得我们在这点上查不到什么 |
[06:16] | Okay, so we’ll break up into groups. | 好 下面我们分组 |
[06:18] | Tonya, you work the team on witnesses and testimony. | 谭雅 你去跟证人证言组 |
[06:20] | Carey, the forensics. | 凯里 准备法医鉴证的部分 |
[06:21] | Robyn, the background of the experts. | 罗宾 去查专家背景 |
[06:28] | Thanks, Monica. | 谢谢 莫妮卡 |
[06:29] | Good point. | 说得有理 |
[06:30] | Am I really needed here or can I go? | 这真的需要我吗 我能走了吧 |
[06:32] | We have 48 hours. | 我们有48小时 |
[06:34] | Let’s make them count. Cary, hold on a minute. | 把它们用起来 凯里 等一下 |
[06:36] | Uh, me? | 我吗 |
[06:36] | No, Cary-Cary. | 不 是凯里 |
[06:39] | Diane, that’s not enough time, is it? | 戴安 时间不够 对吗 |
[06:40] | To get a subpoena on the hair and test it, no. | 要拿到传票取出头发重检 肯定不够 |
[06:42] | Okay, you work your evidentiary track, | 好吧 你在证据链上下工夫 |
[06:44] | and I’ll grab Cary and Alicia | 我带着凯里和艾丽西娅 |
[06:45] | and we’ll try to buy you more time. | 去试试能不能多争取点时间 |
[06:46] | How? | 怎么争取 |
[06:48] | I have no idea. | 还不知道 |
[06:51] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[06:52] | – Yes? – I was getting… | -怎么 -我在… |
[06:53] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:54] | I was getting a subpoena to retest the hair. | 我在申请重检头发的传票 |
[06:55] | – Yes? – Someone already retested it | -然后 -六年前 |
[06:57] | in the prosecutor’s office six years ago. | 检察官办公室已经有人重检过了 |
[06:59] | Right, for an appeal. | 没错 为准备上诉 |
[07:00] | No, not in the office in Indiana, | 不 不是在印第安纳州 |
[07:03] | the one here in Chicago. | 是在芝加哥这里 |
[07:04] | Someone tested it here. | 有人在这里检测过 |
[07:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:08] | Your dad knows Barry Scheck? | 你爸爸认识巴里·谢克 |
[07:12] | Yeah, he did. Why? | 对 怎么了 |
[07:13] | He’s in federal court on an Eighth Amendment | 他现在联邦法院 |
[07:14] | class action right now. | 提起第八修正案的集体诉讼 |
[07:16] | Call him. | 给他打个电话 |
[07:18] | Hey, Cary, what’s up? | 凯里 怎么了 |
[07:20] | Barry… Mr. Scheck, | 巴里 谢克先生 |
[07:22] | we need some help on the Eddie Alan Fornum appeal. | 艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的上诉需要你的帮助 |
[07:25] | Oh, I heard his execution was delayed. | 我听说他的处决延期执行了 |
[07:27] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[07:28] | We were hoping to contribute to your class action. | 我们打算为你的集体诉讼出把力 |
[07:31] | Well, I don’t know | 这样啊 |
[07:32] | if the judge is gonna let him join this far along. | 都现在了 法官不一定同意他加入原告 |
[07:34] | I know, we don’t want to join. | 我知道 我们不打算加入原告 |
[07:38] | Hey, I’m glad you’re coming with us. | 很高兴你能跟我们一起来 |
[07:42] | Oh, hey, uh, Cary told me the good news. | 你好 凯里告诉我了 |
[07:45] | – Can I tell the clients? – What? | -我能跟客户说吗 -什么 |
[07:47] | The governor’s wife is joining our new firm. | 州长的妻子要加入我们公司 |
[07:48] | It’s a selling point. | 是个卖点啊 |
[07:49] | No, please don’t. | 不要 请你别说 |
[07:52] | Well, that’s not what I said. | 我说的可不是这样 |
[08:07] | Get rid of those, and let’s talk. | 把那些放好 咱们聊聊 |
[08:13] | Get out of my way! | 别 烦 我 |
[08:17] | Here’s what I need. | 我需要你干件事 |
[08:18] | All the phone numbers called by the fourth-year associates | 把所有四年律师过去三个月里 |
[08:21] | – over the last three months. – Why? | -拨过的号码单给我 -怎么了 |
[08:24] | I think the fourth-years are intending to leave | 我觉得那些四年律师打算开公司 |
[08:26] | and take some of our clients with them. | 还要带走我们的一些客户 |
[08:29] | Why do you think that? | 你为什么这样觉得 |
[08:31] | Because I’m psychic. | 因为我有超能力 |
[08:32] | Well, I can’t legally access their calls. | 我不能非法盗取通话记录 |
[08:34] | They’re using the company cell phones. | 他们用的是公司的手机 |
[08:35] | They’re not their phones, they’re ours. | 不是他们自己的手机 是我们的 |
[08:38] | Just get me the metadata. | 把数据单给我 |
[08:39] | I want to see who they’re calling. | 我想看看他们在给谁打电话 |
[08:45] | Eli, I’m on a death row appeal, I don’t have time. | 伊莱 我在处理死刑上诉案 没时间 |
[08:48] | I know, but this is important. | 我知道 但是这事很重要 |
[08:50] | Eli, did you just hear me? | 伊莱 你没听我说吗 |
[08:52] | I said, “Death row appeal.” | 我刚说的是”死刑上诉案” |
[08:53] | Oh, I thought that was hyperbole. | 是吗 我以为你那是夸张 |
[08:56] | Uh, but you agreed to 4:00. | 但我们说好是四点 |
[08:58] | We’ve already delayed twice. | 已经延期两次了 |
[08:59] | Where’s the hair testimony? | 头发检验结果在哪里 |
[09:00] | Eli… | 伊莱 |
[09:02] | Look, any time after Saturday I can do this, not today. | 周六之后我都有时间 但今天不行 |
[09:05] | Okay, Sunday at noon? | 那好吧 周日中午呢 |
[09:07] | At 7:00. What is it again? | 七点 什么事来着 |
[09:08] | It’s the basic ethics talk for the Governor-elect’s family. | 就是州长亲属的基础道德教育 |
[09:11] | Okay, we’re changing strategies. | 大家听我说 改变策略 |
[09:13] | Got to go, Eli. | 先挂了 伊莱 |
[09:16] | Peter? | 彼特 |
[09:18] | Mr. Gold? | 戈德先生 |
[09:21] | I’m Marilyn Garbanza, | 我是玛丽莲·戈班扎 |
[09:23] | executive director of the Illinois Ethics Commission. | 伊利诺斯州伦理委员会执行理事 |
[09:27] | We have a 4:00. | 四点的预约 |
[09:29] | Actually, I have a 4:00 | 可是我四点的预约 |
[09:30] | with a Mitch Garbanza. | 是与米切·戈班扎 |
[09:33] | Yes, that’s me. | 那就是我 |
[09:34] | Governor Quinn used to call me Mitch. | 奎因州长以前叫我米切 |
[09:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:37] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[09:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:40] | Um, Mrs. Florrick, | 是这样 |
[09:43] | unfortunately, has to reschedule | 福瑞克夫人临时有事 |
[09:46] | for Sunday at 7:00, if that’s all right. | 所以改约到周日七点了 可以吗 |
[09:48] | That is all right. Thank you. | 没问题 谢谢你 |
[09:50] | I’ll see you then. | 到时候见 |
[10:00] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 确实有道理 |
[10:01] | The choice isn’t actionable, I want to be clear. | 我只是想说清楚 这样做不现实 |
[10:03] | I know, you’re just raising a red flag. | 我知道 你只是在提醒我 |
[10:04] | What are we discussing here? | 这是在讨论什么呢 |
[10:07] | Eli, you’ve met Marilyn? | 伊莱 你见过玛丽莲了吗 |
[10:08] | Just a few seconds ago in your office. | 几秒钟前在你的办公室见过 |
[10:10] | Marilyn has some concerns about Mickey. | 玛丽莲有点担心米奇的事 |
[10:11] | – Our chief of staff? – Oh, I didn’t know he was chosen yet. | -我们的幕僚长吗 -已经确定了吗 |
[10:14] | He hasn’t been yet, but he is our top choice. | 还没正式确定 不过他是最佳人选 |
[10:15] | So Marilyn’s concerned that Mickey | 玛丽莲担心的是 米奇 |
[10:17] | hired you as a crisis counselor. | 曾经雇你做危机顾问 |
[10:20] | It could look like a conflict of interest. | 有可能会使公众觉得是利益冲突 |
[10:22] | Because I ran the search committee? | 就因为选拔委员会是我负责的吗 |
[10:24] | Yes. | 对 |
[10:25] | Again, I’m not here to say you can’t hire him. | 我这样不是说你们不能用他 |
[10:27] | I don’t have that power. | 我没那个权利 |
[10:28] | I’m just saying it could look ethically compromised. | 我只是说这样做显得道德上有亏欠 |
[10:31] | Okay, we’ll look into it. Thanks. | 好 我们会处理的 谢谢 |
[10:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:34] | Thank you, Marilyn. | 谢谢你 玛丽莲 |
[10:39] | She’s doing her job, Eli. | 她只是在尽职工作 伊莱 |
[10:43] | Currently, Indiana protocols… | 目前 印第安纳州的行刑规范里… |
[10:45] | …has insufficient protections built in that guarantee… | 相关规定不能保证实施… |
[10:47] | …a painless execution… | 无痛处决 |
[10:48] | The printer, the mobile printer. | 那个打印机 移动打印机 |
[10:49] | Okay, I’ll go get it. | 好 我去取 |
[10:59] | New innovation? | 办公室的创新? |
[11:01] | Test program. | 这项目还在测试 |
[11:03] | So how does it feel | 你感觉如何 |
[11:04] | to be first lady of Illinois? | 伊利诺斯州第一夫人 |
[11:07] | Weird. | 很诡异 |
[11:08] | Kind of like… first galactic princess. | 简直像 银河第一公主 |
[11:17] | I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you the other night. | 抱歉那天晚上我没赶回去找你 |
[11:19] | Hey, you’ve been celebrating, | 这几天你忙着庆祝 |
[11:20] | you’ve been on death row, it’s been… | 还忙着处理死刑上诉 确实… |
[11:21] | A weird few days. | 过得很忙乱 |
[11:25] | But we can talk… | 但是我们可以聊 |
[11:25] | When this is over. Don’t worry. | 事情结束再说吧 别担心 |
[11:27] | Well, I… I was hoping to… | 其实 我是想… |
[11:28] | All right, I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[11:37] | ASA Pine. | 派恩助理检察官 |
[11:39] | Ms. Lockhart. | 洛克哈特女士 |
[11:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:40] | You worked at the South Bend | 你在南本德市 |
[11:42] | – prosecutor’s office, didn’t you? – A while ago. | -检察官办公室工作过吧 -很久之前了 |
[11:44] | Why? Do we know someone…? | 怎么 是谁介绍你来的吗 |
[11:46] | You were the assistant prosecutor | 艾迪·佛努姆的谋杀案 |
[11:47] | on the Eddie Fornum homicide. | 你当时是助理检察官 |
[11:53] | Do you know how we know that? | 你知道我们怎么知道的吗 |
[11:55] | I don’t care. | 无所谓 |
[11:55] | You had Eddie’s hair retested six years ago. | 六年前 你重新检验了艾迪的头发 |
[11:58] | Ms. Lockhart, I’m not talking to you. | 洛克哈特女士 我不想跟你谈 |
[12:00] | They’re going to execute him. | 他要被处以死刑了 |
[12:02] | They tried once | 上次没成功 |
[12:03] | and they’re going to execute him in 48 hours. | 两天后 就会再次执行 |
[12:05] | And you had ten years to appeal his execution. | 你曾有十年的时间为他上诉 |
[12:08] | Don’t come to me with 40 hours left. | 却在最后关头来找我 |
[12:10] | You think he’s innocent. | 你觉得他是无辜的 |
[12:12] | I think you’re out of time. | 你们来不及了 |
[12:15] | Just give us the hair test. | 把检验结果给我们吧 |
[12:18] | Will, I have a lead, but I need time. | 威尔 有线索了 不过需要时间 |
[12:20] | That is a very good point, Your Honor. | 您说得很有道理 法官阁下 |
[12:22] | That wasn’t a point, Mr. Scheck. | 我没说什么道理 谢克先生 |
[12:24] | I just wanted you to finish. | 我只是希望你快点说完 |
[12:25] | Well, uh, let me address that point, if I may… | 好吧 那么请允许我阐述下您的意思 |
[12:30] | Uh, but before I do, | 不过在此之前 |
[12:33] | let me introduce my co-counsel… | 我来介绍一下我的合作律师… |
[12:36] | Will Gardner. | 威尔·加德纳 |
[12:37] | …Will Gardner, joining the case. | 威尔·加德纳 将要参审 |
[12:40] | Your Honor, if it pleases the court, | 法官阁下 如果法庭不介意的话 |
[12:42] | we ask that the execution of Eddie Alan Fornum | 我们要求艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的处决 |
[12:44] | – be delayed until… – Your Honor… | -延期到… -法官阁下 |
[12:46] | I’m way, way ahead of you, Ms. Cesca. | 行了 我比你反应快 西斯卡女士 |
[12:48] | You know, it doesn’t please the court. | 不好意思 法庭介意 |
[12:50] | Not very much pleases the court these days. | 最近法庭非常不近人情 |
[12:53] | But your guy is not gonna join this suit. | 你们的客户不能参与此次诉讼 |
[12:54] | Now, what else do you have? | 还有什么要说的 |
[12:55] | You misunderstand me, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 您误会了 |
[12:56] | We’re not looking for Eddie Alan Fornum to join the suit. | 我们不是希望艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆参与诉讼 |
[12:58] | We’re looking for him to be the evidence. | 我们是希望他的处刑能作为证据 |
[13:01] | Mr. Fornum’s testimony | 佛努姆先生的证词 |
[13:03] | is the most relevant as to how much pain is suffered in the subject of lethal injection | 最能够证明死刑处决的痛苦程度 |
[13:07] | because he was the subject of lethal injection. | 因为他曾接受过死刑处决 |
[13:09] | Your Honor, I am speechless. | 法官阁下 我简直无语了 |
[13:11] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[13:12] | I am speechless. | 我也无语了 |
[13:15] | And yet intrigued. Go on. | 但是很有兴趣 请继续 |
[13:16] | If Mr. Fornum is executed, | 如果佛努姆先生被处决 |
[13:18] | the state will have destroyed crucial evidence for the plaintiff. | 州政府也就毁掉了原告的重要证据 |
[13:20] | Your Honor, they are trying to delay an execution. | 法官阁下 他们是要拖延死刑时间 |
[13:23] | Of course they are. | 我看得出来 |
[13:25] | How much time do you need to depose him? | 他什么时候才能出庭作证 |
[13:26] | – Six weeks. – A month. | -六周 -一个月 |
[13:26] | Three days. | 三天 |
[13:28] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:29] | You have till Monday. | 周一之前 |
[13:30] | – Your Honor… – Just relax, all right? | -法官阁下 -别激动 |
[13:33] | The State of Indiana can execute him on Tuesday. | 印第安纳州政府可以周二对他行刑 |
[13:36] | Now, look, I know what you three are doing, | 我知道你们三个想干什么 |
[13:38] | but y-you’re not gonna save your guy with schemes. | 但是光凭耍诡计你们是救不了他的 |
[13:41] | You’re gonna buy him a little time. | 你们只能给他争取一点时间 |
[13:43] | You’re not gonna save him. | 但你们救不了他 |
[13:44] | Time is all we need, Your Honor. | 我们只需要时间 法官阁下 |
[13:45] | And please use it well. | 那你们最好物尽其用 |
[13:48] | Get on with Kalinda. | 跟凯琳达联系 |
[13:49] | We bought her another 48 hours. | 我们又给她争取到两天时间 |
[14:05] | Governor-elect Florrick’s office. Please hold. | 候任州长福瑞克办公室 请稍候 |
[14:10] | You’re sure you don’t need anything? | 你确定什么都不要吗 |
[14:12] | Yeah, I’m sure. Thanks. | 我确定 谢谢 |
[14:16] | I’m fine, thanks. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[14:18] | Four of the last eight governors of Illinois | 前八任伊利诺伊州长中有四位 |
[14:20] | have gone to prison. | 进了监狱 |
[14:22] | Four of the last eight. | 前八任中有四位 |
[14:25] | Which is why we need to remember | 因此我们不能忘记 |
[14:26] | that the spouse and the children | 配偶和孩子是 |
[14:27] | are an extension of the governor. | 州长形象的外延 |
[14:30] | Your choices become his choices. | 你们的决定就是他的决定 |
[14:32] | Now, I’ve looked over your work at Lockhart/Gardner, Alicia. | 我调查了你在洛&加律所的工作 艾丽西娅 |
[14:34] | There shouldn’t be any problem there, | 只要你不主动去拉 |
[14:36] | as long as you don’t actively solicit clients | 和州长打交道的客户 |
[14:38] | who have business with the governor’s office, | 也不利用和州长的关系 |
[14:40] | and that your relationship with the governor | 去吸引客户上门 |
[14:41] | isn’t used as a lure to clients. | 那就没问题 |
[14:44] | It should not look like Peter is receiving | 决不能看上去像是 |
[14:46] | backdoor remuneration through your business. | 彼得通过你的工作接受什么秘密收入 |
[14:48] | And that your clients shouldn’t believe | 同时你的客户也不能认为 |
[14:50] | that your spousal connection… | 通过你们的婚姻关系… |
[14:51] | We need to talk. | 我们得聊几句 |
[14:53] | About? | 聊什么 |
[14:54] | We need to talk. | 我们得聊聊 |
[14:59] | I’m starting my own firm. | 我打算自己开律所 |
[15:00] | You’re… | 你打算… |
[15:02] | When? | 什么时候 |
[15:02] | Next week. | 下周 |
[15:04] | Me, Cary and ten others. | 我 凯里和另外十个人 |
[15:05] | Peter, I wanted to tell you yesterday, | 彼得 我昨天就想告诉你 |
[15:07] | but there was just no time. | 只是没找到时间 |
[15:09] | That’s fantastic! | 太棒了 |
[15:11] | You’ve been wanting to do this since law school. | 你在读法学院的时候就想开律所了 |
[15:13] | I know. But I’m just worried that… | 我知道 但是我担心… |
[15:16] | it might complicate your ethical issues. | 这会让你的道德审查变复杂 |
[15:18] | Oh, Marilyn was covering | 玛丽莲刚才在讲 |
[15:19] | all the spousal conflict of interest issues. | 配偶利益冲突问题 |
[15:22] | Have you told Will? | 你告诉威尔了吗 |
[15:23] | And Diane? | 还有戴安 |
[15:25] | No. Not yet. | 还没 |
[15:26] | Uh, just you two. | 就告诉了你们俩 |
[15:27] | I’m damn proud of you. | 我真是太为你骄傲了 |
[15:28] | Damn proud of you. | 太为你骄傲了 |
[15:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:31] | I’m so sorry, I have to get this. | 抱歉 我得接个电话 |
[15:35] | I am on my way. | 我在路上 |
[15:35] | What? | 干嘛啊 |
[15:39] | There were two nurses, a man and a woman. | 当时有两个护士 一男一女 |
[15:41] | And they had the needles. | 他们都拿着针 |
[15:43] | And they tried to put them | 他们在我左右手上 |
[15:44] | into the veins of my right and my left arm. | 都试过扎针管 |
[15:48] | How many times? | 试了多少次 |
[15:48] | I again object to this line of questioning | 我反对这种问法 |
[15:51] | as a delaying tactic. | 这是拖延时间 |
[15:52] | Do you want to get the judge on the line? | 你想让连线法官吗 |
[15:53] | What, and delay this even more? | 好让你们拖得更久吗 |
[15:54] | Go ahead, Eddie. | 继续 艾迪 |
[15:55] | Well, then another nurse came on– | 然后另一个护士又接着来 |
[15:57] | a head one, I guess– | 我猜是护士长 |
[15:59] | and he tried again on this arm, | 他又在我这只手臂上试了一次 |
[16:01] | but something really hurt. | 但这回弄得我很痛 |
[16:03] | Can you show us where on your arms? | 可以展示下胳膊上扎针的部位么 |
[16:05] | – Objection. – Good, let’s get the judge. | -反对 -好吧 让我们连线法官 |
[16:06] | I’m preserving my objection for the record. | 请把我的反对意见记录在案 |
[16:08] | Go on, Eddie. | 继续 艾迪 |
[16:10] | No, I’ll do it. | 别动 我来 |
[16:23] | So, after that, | 在那之后 |
[16:25] | – they went to your neck? – Yeah. | -他们就尝试在脖子上扎针 -是的 |
[16:26] | I guess there was a lot blood, because… | 我猜流了很多血 因为 |
[16:29] | I heard the guy say “Oops”” | 我听见有人惊呼 |
[16:32] | and the female nurse had to leave the room. | 女护士不得不离开了那间房 |
[16:34] | Why did she have to leave the room? | 为什么她不得不离开 |
[16:35] | I don’t know, but she was crying. | 我不知道 但她哭了 |
[16:38] | Do you remember her name? | 你还记得她的名字吗 |
[16:39] | “Joan,” Your Honor. | 她叫做琼恩 法官阁下 |
[16:40] | That’s all we know. | 目前我们只知道这个名字 |
[16:41] | But I’m sure the AUSA can locate her. | 但我肯定联邦助理检察官能够找到她 |
[16:43] | Your Honor, the identity of nurses | 法官阁下 为了保证护士 |
[16:45] | at Indiana State is kept confidential | 参与行刑任务的保密性 |
[16:48] | so that it doesn’t become known | 他们的身份在印第安纳州 |
[16:49] | that they participated in an execution. | 是不公开的 |
[16:51] | Yes, but that doesn’t shield them from questioning. | 是的 但不能因此免于审讯 |
[16:53] | We would assert that it does. | 我们认为可以 |
[16:54] | Really? You’re asserting some kind | 真的吗 你在声明某种 |
[16:55] | of immunity, Ms. Cesca? | 豁免权吗 西斯卡女士 |
[16:56] | Your Honor, we need to have a hearing on this question. | 法官阁下 就此问题我们要求听讯 |
[16:58] | Hold on, hold on. | 稍等 稍等 |
[17:00] | Ms. Cesca, any thoughts about walking that one back? | 西斯卡女士 军师给了你什么新想法吗 |
[17:03] | We apologize, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[17:04] | We agree there would be no immunity, | 我们同意这不算豁免权 |
[17:05] | but Mr. Gardner is merely using | 但加德纳先生只是 |
[17:07] | this deposition as a ploy. | 在利用这次取证 |
[17:09] | Your Honor! | 法官阁下 |
[17:10] | And he will insist that Mr. Fornum be kept alive | 他会坚持要求佛努姆先生活着 |
[17:12] | – for his rebuttal testimony. – No. | -作为他的反驳证人 -不 |
[17:15] | No. | 不 |
[17:16] | I was merely going to insist | 我只是坚持认为 |
[17:19] | that the AUSA is trying to destroy evidence | 联邦助理检察官试图加快 |
[17:21] | – by expediting this execution. – No, no, no. | -行刑进程来湮灭证据 -不不不 |
[17:22] | I’m not gonna delay this execution any longer. | 不打算再推迟行刑时间 |
[17:25] | How soon can you have that nurse available? | 你们什么时候能让护士出庭 |
[17:27] | – Tomorrow afternoon. – That’s not nearly enough time! | -明天下午 -这也太久了 |
[17:29] | It’ll be too late then… | 到那时就太晚了… |
[17:30] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[17:32] | Tomorrow afternoon | 明天下午 |
[17:33] | after Mr. Fornum’s been executed? | 在佛努姆先生行刑之后吗 |
[17:34] | Well, that’s just coincidence. | 这只是巧合 |
[17:35] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 我想也是 |
[17:36] | Make her available this afternoon | 让她今天下午准备参加 |
[17:38] | for a supervised deposition or be held in contempt. | 受监督的取证 否则就是蔑视法庭 |
[17:43] | How did you get back here? | 你怎么回来的 |
[17:44] | I needed to use the bathroom. | 我得上洗手间 |
[17:45] | Call security! | 叫警卫 |
[17:46] | You quit Indiana a month | 宣告佛努姆有罪后一个月 |
[17:47] | after convicting Fornum. | 你就向印第安纳检察院辞职了 |
[17:48] | You know something is wrong with this case. | 你知道这个案子有问题 |
[17:50] | You know he’s innocent. | 你知道他是无辜的 |
[17:51] | He’s not innocent. | 他不是无辜的 |
[17:52] | You retested the hair evidence. | 你再次检验了作为证据的头发 |
[17:54] | Why would you do that unless… | 你没必要这么做除非… |
[17:55] | Because I thought I was wrong. | 因为我以为自己弄错了 |
[17:57] | I wasn’t. | 但我没错 |
[17:58] | The test came back consistent | 测试结果还是表明 |
[18:00] | – with Fornum’s hair. – I don’t believe you. | -那是佛努姆的头发 -我不相信 |
[18:02] | Last page. | 最后一页 |
[18:04] | There. | 那里 |
[18:05] | – That doesn’t mean it’s his hair. – You’re right. | -这不能说明是他的头发 -对 |
[18:07] | But it does mean there’s no convincing you. | 但也证明不了你的观点 |
[18:12] | Why did you do it six years ago? | 为什么六年前你要那么做 |
[18:15] | – Excuse me? – Why did you | -什么 -为什么你六年前 |
[18:16] | double-check the hair evidence six years ago? | 要再次对头发进行检验 |
[18:18] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么 |
[18:19] | Well, the date of this report | 这份报告的时间刚好是 |
[18:20] | is one week after the snitch, Tommy Diehause, died. | 是告发者汤米·德豪斯死后一周 |
[18:26] | You thought he might be lying? | 你觉得他可能撒谎了 |
[18:27] | I don’t have time… | 我没时间… |
[18:28] | No, Eddie Fornum doesn’t have time. | 别 艾迪·佛努姆才快没时间了 |
[18:30] | He escaped execution once; he won’t a second time. | 他躲过一次死刑 不可能有第二次了 |
[18:33] | This is the moment to come forward, Ms. Pine. | 是时候站出来了 派恩女士 |
[18:34] | – Please. – You called security? | -拜托你了 -你叫的警卫吗 |
[18:37] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[18:42] | I was using Diehause on another case. | 我当时在另外一个案子上需要德豪斯 |
[18:45] | He snitched on a top drug dealer | 他告发了一个毒品大贩 |
[18:46] | in exchange for his freedom… | 来交换他的自由 |
[18:50] | and a new identity. | 和新的身份 |
[18:54] | Will, the snitch is still alive. | 威尔 那个告发者还活着 |
[18:56] | He’s using the alias… | 他现在用的名字叫做… |
[18:57] | Robbie Walker. | 罗比·沃克 |
[18:58] | Kalinda, we have a lead. | 凯琳达 我们有线索了 |
[18:59] | We think he’s still in the Illinois area. | 我觉得他还在伊利诺伊附近 |
[19:00] | Forget the hair. It’s a dead end. | 别纠结头发了 那是个死胡同 |
[19:01] | It’s the snitch. | 抓住告发者这个线索 |
[19:02] | But we need more time to find him. | 但我们还需要时间找他 |
[19:03] | Robbie Walker, aka Tommy Diehause. | 罗比·沃克 也就是汤米·德豪斯 |
[19:10] | What’d you find out? | 你有什么发现 |
[19:11] | The snitch is still alive, but we’re having… | 告发者还活着 但我们… |
[19:13] | No, about the fourth-year phone calls. | 不 我是说四年律师电话的事 |
[19:16] | Do you want me in this meeting? | 你希望我参加这个会议吗 |
[19:17] | Dear God. Go away! | 我的天 走开 |
[19:19] | I haven’t looked into the calls yet. | 我还没有调查电话 |
[19:21] | Yes, you have. | 你调查过了 |
[19:22] | I checked with our provider. | 我问过了营运商 |
[19:23] | They said they sent you the records. | 他们说已经把记录给你了 |
[19:24] | – Then why do you need me? Maybe I don’t. | -那你为什么还需要我 -或许我不必找你 |
[19:27] | Here’s another question for you: | 我还有个问题要问你 |
[19:30] | Why aren’t you doing your job? | 你为什么不做好自己的工作 |
[19:31] | You have a complaint, you go to Will or Diane. | 你要是想抱怨 去找威尔或者戴安 |
[19:34] | Is this about Cary? | 是不是和凯里有关 |
[19:37] | Or are you thinking of leaving with them? | 还是你也想和他们一起走 |
[19:41] | David, you should leave investigating | 大卫 这种调查你应该 |
[19:42] | to the professionals. | 留给专业人士来做 |
[19:44] | You might hurt yourself. | 小心波及自己 |
[19:46] | Okay! Save that photo, | 好啦 存下这张照片 |
[19:47] | because it’s the last time you’re gonna see | 因为这是最后一次有我在场的情况下 |
[19:49] | the ethics committee smiling in my presence. | 道德委员会还能面带微笑了 |
[19:51] | Thank you, Governor-elect. | 谢谢你 候任州长 |
[19:52] | Maybe we can talk later. | 或许我们过会能谈谈 |
[19:53] | Not until you call me “Peter.” | 等你喊我”彼得”后吧 |
[20:00] | We should replace her. | 我们应该换了她 |
[20:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:03] | Because the optics aren’t good. | 因为影响不好 |
[20:04] | What optics? | 什么影响 |
[20:05] | Her… looks. | 她的…外表 |
[20:06] | – Don’t be ridiculous, Eli. – I’m serious. | -别搞笑了 伊莱 -我是认真的 |
[20:08] | I can’t fire someone because they’re too pretty. | 我不能因为人家长得太漂亮就开除她 |
[20:10] | Then don’t. Promote her. | 不开除也行 给她升职 |
[20:11] | Move her laterally. | 调到其他部门 |
[20:13] | You don’t want sex to be an issue here. | 你不会想在性上面再出问题 |
[20:14] | It’s not an issue. | 这不是问题 |
[20:15] | Not for you, but for your enemies. | 不是说你 你的敌人会这么想 |
[20:17] | They’d be delighted to crown a new bimbo. | 他们非常乐意再给你找个姘头 |
[20:19] | She’s not a bimbo. | 她不是姘头 |
[20:21] | And we don’t do that. | 而且这不是我们的作风 |
[20:23] | We don’t fire someone because of the way they look. | 我们不会因为外表开除一个人 |
[20:25] | Ok. | 行吧 |
[20:27] | It was my first execution. | 这是我第一次参与死刑执行 |
[20:29] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[20:29] | you’re not really a medically-trained nurse, | 你并不是一位接受过医学训练的护士 |
[20:31] | is that correct, Joan? | 对吗 琼恩 |
[20:32] | Well, I have training… | 我受过训练… |
[20:33] | Yes, but due to the Hippocratic oath, | 没错 但根据希波克拉底誓言 |
[20:35] | [从医者执行医务前 保证遵守医生道德守则的誓言] | |
[20:35] | trained nurses and doctors | 受过训练的护士和医生 |
[20:36] | are not allowed to participate in executions. | 不允许参加死刑执行 |
[20:38] | Attorney is testifying, Your Honor. | 律师在自证 法官阁下 |
[20:39] | Yes, at some length. | 是的 过于详尽了 |
[20:40] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:41] | Joan, did you leave | 琼恩 你有没有哭着 |
[20:42] | the execution prep in tears? | 离开死刑执行的准备工作 |
[20:45] | Well, I was upset. | 我当时很难受 |
[20:46] | Eddie said you left in tears. | 艾迪说你哭着离开了 |
[20:47] | Do you disagree with that? | 你不同意吗 |
[20:48] | No. He’s right. | 没有 他说得对 |
[20:51] | He said it was because of | 他说是因为静脉注射管线没找对 |
[20:52] | the blood spilling from his neck after a faulty IV line. | 导致的脖颈溅血让你有这样的反应 |
[20:56] | That sounds right. | 听起来没错 |
[20:56] | I left because of the blood. | 我是看到血后离开的 |
[21:02] | Joan, did the prosecution prepare you for this testimony | 琼恩 控方是否曾引导你在作证时 |
[21:04] | by telling you to agree with everything I said? | 完全同意我所说的 |
[21:07] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[21:08] | No, no. Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[21:10] | Please answer. | 请回答 |
[21:11] | She didn’t say “Agree with everything,” | 她没有说”要完全同意” |
[21:12] | but she did say you were trying to create disagreement | 但她确实说过你想在佛努姆和我之间 |
[21:15] | between Fornum and me | 造成分歧 |
[21:16] | so that Fornum would have to be kept alive as a rebuttal witness. | 这样佛努姆就能作为反驳证人继续生存 |
[21:20] | – So you are actively deceiving this court? – No. | -所以你故意欺骗了法庭 -没有 |
[21:22] | I’m just not seeing any area of disagreement. | 只是没有找到有异见的地方 |
[21:24] | Do you believe Mr. Fornum was tortured? | 你认为佛努姆先生遭受了折磨吗 |
[21:30] | I think the offender was in pain. | 我认为罪犯当时很痛苦 |
[21:32] | He tried to keep from crying and screaming out. | 他克制着不哭不叫 |
[21:36] | I think… | 我认为… |
[21:37] | Yes, it was torture. | 是的 这是折磨 |
[21:39] | And don’t you think | 难道你不认为 |
[21:40] | this is a systematic problem of lethal injection? | 这是注射死刑中存在的一个系统问题吗 |
[21:43] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[21:44] | It was his veins. | 是他的静脉有问题 |
[21:46] | We’ve never had this problem before. | 以前从没有过这样的问题 |
[21:49] | Eddie’s veins? | 艾迪的静脉吗 |
[21:52] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是什么 |
[21:53] | He has what we call | 他患有我们所称作 |
[21:54] | – rolling veins… – Objection! | -滚动静脉… -反对 |
[21:55] | Your Honor, we insist that a physical | 法官阁下 我们坚持要求对艾迪·佛努姆 |
[21:57] | of Eddie Alan Fornum be conducted. | 进行体格检查 |
[21:58] | – Oh, dear God. Your Honor… – The witness has made | -上帝啊 法官阁下 -证人已说明 |
[22:00] | an assertion that Mr. Fornum is | 佛努姆先生因其的滚动静脉 |
[22:02] | an exception due to his rolling veins. | 而是一个特例 |
[22:04] | Well, we need a physical | 我们需要对他进行体格检查 |
[22:05] | to see if he is in fact an exception. | 来验证他到底是不是一个特例 |
[22:06] | – This is game-playing. – I don’t know how it’s game-playing… | -这完全是在玩游戏 -这怎么就算玩游戏了 |
[22:08] | All the appeals have all been exhausted. | 所有的上诉都是在拖延时间 |
[22:09] | It’s absolutely ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[22:10] | The only game-playing is… | 唯一的游戏是… |
[22:12] | I don’t want to shout over you guys. Sit down. | 我不想喊出声来盖过你们 坐下 |
[22:15] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[22:18] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:19] | How long will it take to do this physical? | 做这个体格检查要多久 |
[22:27] | That was good. | 刚才真不错呢 |
[22:29] | No, you were good. | 没有 是你不错 |
[22:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:33] | Kalinda, the court’s delayed a few days. | 凯琳达 法院同意推迟几天审理 |
[22:34] | Diane, yeah, we got our reprieve. | 戴安 我们得到了我们的缓刑 |
[22:35] | – Yeah. – Yes, I’m serious. | -没错 -真的 我没开玩笑 |
[22:42] | – Are you serious? – Dude, totally serious. | -你说真的 -老兄 当然是真的 |
[22:44] | Stiles said he hooked up with her after second period. | 斯蒂尔斯说他第二节课后就钓上了她 |
[22:48] | Hey, what’s up with your sister? | 你妹子怎么了 |
[22:49] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:50] | When did she start looking so hot? | 她什么时候变得这么性感了 |
[22:55] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[22:56] | Oh, you probably haven’t seen it. | 可能你还没看见 |
[22:57] | Seen what? | 看见什么 |
[22:58] | Turbochap.Com. Stiles sent me the link. | Turbochap.com 斯蒂尔斯发给我的链接 |
[23:25] | 4 格蕾丝·福瑞克 这只芝加哥的小甜心最近让我们很是挂念 但愿她和她老爸一样对3P有着”民主”的看法 伊利诺伊州自愿性交的年龄是十七岁 这位新任第一公主还有十五个月就满十七了 我们开始倒计时了 | |
[23:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:43] | Zach, it’s Mom. What are you doing? | 扎克 是妈妈 你在做什么 |
[23:45] | What am I doing? Nothing. Homework. Why? | 我在做什么 没什么 家庭作业 怎么了 |
[23:48] | Nothing, I just… | 没什么 我只是… |
[23:49] | I need you to get your sister dinner tonight. | 今晚要你给你妹妹准备晚饭 |
[23:50] | Hey, is that Mom? | 是妈妈吗 |
[23:53] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[23:54] | Can you just tell her we need more juice? | 你跟她说要买果汁了 |
[23:57] | We need more juice. | 要买果汁了 |
[23:59] | And I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[24:01] | I’ll be home around 11:00 or so. | 我大概11点左右到家 |
[24:03] | Not too much TV. | 别看太多电视哦 |
[24:04] | – Okay. Bye. – Bye. | -好的 拜拜 -拜拜 |
[24:06] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[24:09] | What’s going on? | 干什么呢 |
[24:10] | West Side Story? | 演《西城故事》呢 |
[24:11] | 美国一部爱情歌舞片 里面经常有两个少年流氓集团聚集的场景 | |
[24:11] | We have a possibility on some office space. | 办公地点我们又有了一个选择 |
[24:15] | Just outside the Loop on Harrison. | 就在哈里森外环那里 |
[24:16] | – $20 a square foot. – Good. | -每平方英尺20美元 -太好了 |
[24:18] | It doesn’t become available for three weeks. | 三周后才能空出来 |
[24:19] | Okay, so we rent temporary offices in the meantime. | 没事 那我们先暂时租个地方 |
[24:22] | No. | 不 |
[24:22] | We were, uh, wondering whether we should stick around until then. | 我们在考虑是否等到那时再搬出去 |
[24:26] | For three weeks? Why? | 再等三周吗 为什么 |
[24:27] | Chumhum needs some work on a case. | 查查网还有点活没干完 |
[24:29] | So, we do it from our new office. | 我们可以在新办公室做啊 |
[24:32] | Look, we can’t keep skulking around. | 我们不能一直这么偷偷摸摸的 |
[24:34] | – We have to cut the cord at some point. – I agree. | -早晚都得自立门户 -我同意 |
[24:36] | – We need to get going. – Tell her the real reason. | -我们得准备撤了 -告诉她真实理由 |
[24:40] | People want to wait for bonuses. | 大家想分了红再走 |
[24:42] | Oh, come on! | 不是吧 |
[24:43] | It’s $1 million between us. | 我们大家可以分到一百万呢 |
[24:45] | If we walk out before the first of the month, | 如果我们月初就走 |
[24:46] | they’ll never pay us. | 他们就不会分我们钱了 |
[24:47] | A lot of us are counting on | 我们很多人都指着这笔钱 |
[24:48] | that money for start-up costs. | 作为启动成本呢 |
[24:49] | We can’t keep fooling the partners. | 我们不能这么耍合伙人 |
[24:50] | We can’t keep fooling Will. | 我看是不能这么耍威尔吧 |
[24:56] | Do we have a problem? | 你对我有意见吗 |
[24:56] | No. But you were all right waiting a week to leave | 没有 但你可以等一周 |
[25:00] | after your case was finished, | 结了你的案子再走 |
[25:01] | but you’re not all right when it’s our issue? | 但我们想这么做你就不爽了 |
[25:04] | It’s a death row case. | 这是死刑犯案件 |
[25:05] | Okay, let’s not make it a big issue. | 好了 我们别把问题搞大 |
[25:08] | Listen, the difference here is two weeks. | 分歧就在于两个星期嘛 |
[25:12] | Let’s just put it up to a vote to the others, okay? | 我们投票表决 好吗 |
[25:26] | Hey, Tommy. | 你好啊 汤米 |
[25:28] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[25:29] | – Kalinda. – Robyn. | -凯琳达 -罗宾 |
[25:31] | I don’t know who you guys are looking for. | 我不知道你们在找什么 |
[25:32] | – My name isn’t Tommy. – It is. | -我不叫汤米 -是的吧 |
[25:34] | Tommy Diehause. | 汤米· 德豪斯 |
[25:35] | Sad. You win a whole new identity, | 伤心 你赢得了一个全新的身份 |
[25:37] | but you still can’t resist being a thief. | 却还是干起了小偷的勾当 |
[25:44] | Look, I don’t know how you guys found me, | 我不知道你们是怎么找到我的 |
[25:46] | but I told the truth at Eddie’s trial. | 但关于艾迪的案件我说的是实话 |
[25:48] | He killed those girls. | 他杀了那两个女孩 |
[25:49] | He was only trying to jack their car, | 他本来只想抢她们的车子 |
[25:51] | but they fought him and pulled off his ski mask, | 但她们和他打了起来 拉下了他的滑雪面罩 |
[25:53] | and that’s why he had to kill them. | 所以他只能杀了她们 |
[25:54] | Come on, Tommy, why would anyone confess to you? | 得了 汤米 怎么可能有人跟你坦白 |
[25:56] | – You have snitch written all over you. – Yeah. | -你就是一脸奸人相 -是啊 |
[26:00] | But how’d I know about the ski mask | 那我怎么会知道滑雪面罩呢 |
[26:02] | if Eddie didn’t tell me, huh? | 如果不是艾迪说的 |
[26:04] | The police never told anyone about that little detail. | 警方从来没公布这个小细节 |
[26:07] | Maybe you heard it from the real killer. | 或许是凶手告诉你的 |
[26:09] | I did hear it from the real killer: | 确实是凶手告诉我的 |
[26:11] | your client. | 他就是你们的客户 |
[26:13] | Alicia, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 艾丽西娅 |
[26:15] | Kalinda found the snitch, | 凯琳达找到了告密者 |
[26:17] | but he’s sticking to his story. | 但他绝不改口 |
[26:18] | Damn. Does she believe him? | 见鬼 她相信他吗 |
[26:19] | No. She thinks there might be | 不 她认为或许可以换种方法 |
[26:21] | another way to get him, though. | 攻破他的防线 |
[26:23] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:25] | The parking garage meet? | 停车场的那个集会 |
[26:28] | Sure. We’re fine. | 当然 一切都好 |
[26:29] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[26:31] | Can someone help me, please? | 有人能帮帮我吗 |
[26:32] | I can’t see anything. | 我什么都看不见 |
[26:38] | Is anyone around? | 有人吗 |
[26:41] | – Thank you. – Alicia. | -谢谢 -艾丽西娅 |
[26:43] | Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[26:44] | Sure. | 当然 |
[26:58] | – What’s wrong? – We looked into the company’s phones. | -怎么了 -我们调查了公司手机的通话记录 |
[27:01] | Over the past month, | 在过去的几个月里 |
[27:02] | the fourth-year associates have called | 每位四年律师都曾多次 |
[27:04] | our top clients a dozen times each. | 给我们的首要客户打电话 |
[27:06] | We’re worried they’re thinking of leaving with them. | 我们担心他们想要跳槽 |
[27:08] | Do you have any insight? | 你有什么想法吗 |
[27:12] | No. | 不 |
[27:13] | We called the clients, but they’re being tight-lipped, | 我们向客户询问 但他们口风很紧 |
[27:16] | said they have no plans of leaving at the present time. | 说他们目前并不打算离开 |
[27:18] | Which is known as “preserving their options”” | 也意味着他们保留离开的权利 |
[27:20] | I say we move past metadata | 我提议我们绕过元数据 |
[27:22] | and access their texts. | 调出他们的短信 |
[27:24] | Can we do that? | 我们能那样做吗 |
[27:25] | Where’s Kalinda? | 凯琳达在哪里 |
[27:26] | Kalinda’s sympathetic with them. | 凯琳达向着他们 |
[27:28] | Yes, we can do that. They’re our phones. | 我们当然可以那样做 那是我们的手机 |
[27:30] | We own the texts. | 短信当然也是我们的 |
[27:32] | Alicia, you’re friends with Cary. | 艾丽西娅 你是凯里的朋友 |
[27:33] | Are you hearing anything at all? | 听到过什么消息吗 |
[27:35] | No. Not since the fourth-years tried to scare us. | 不 最新消息就是四年律师试图恐吓我们 |
[27:38] | It would be helpful if you could get closer to them. | 如果能同他们拉近距离 将会大有益处 |
[27:40] | Find out if they’re happy, | 去看看他们是否开心 |
[27:41] | and whether we should be worried. | 我们是否需要担心 |
[27:45] | Sure. | 好的 |
[28:00] | Okay, here’s my problem: | 好的 我的问题是 |
[28:02] | I have two medical reports conducted by | 我手上有两份不同医生出具的 |
[28:05] | two different doctors– | 医学报告 |
[28:06] | one for the plaintiff, one for the defense– | 一份是原告出具的 另一份是被告出具的 |
[28:08] | and surprisingly, they tell two different stories. | 令人惊讶的是 它们大相径庭 |
[28:11] | Your Honor, may I suggest… | 法官大人 我能否建议… |
[28:13] | That Mr. Fornum be preserved as a rebuttal witness? | 让佛努姆先生成为反证证人 |
[28:15] | Your Honor, we withdraw | 法官大人 我们撤回 |
[28:16] | our medical report on the offender’s physical condition | 对犯罪人的身体健康评估报告 |
[28:19] | and stipulate to the truth of the plaintiff’s report. | 承认原告报告的真实性 |
[28:24] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[28:25] | In addition, we stipulate | 另外 我们承认 |
[28:26] | to everything testified in Mr. Fornum’s deposition. | 佛努姆先生的一切证词 |
[28:29] | So let me get this straight. | 让我把话说清楚 |
[28:30] | You’ve decided that it’s better to execute | 你们认为 即使会输掉这场官司 |
[28:31] | Mr. Fornum than to win your lawsuit? | 佛努姆先生也要被执行死刑 |
[28:33] | We also have the Warden | 另外 |
[28:34] | from the Indiana State Prison who will swear to changes | 印第安纳州立监狱的典狱长 |
[28:37] | in the lethal injection protocol so as to reduce the pain | 发誓愿意修改注射死刑程序 |
[28:40] | associated therewith. | 用以减轻被执行人的痛苦 |
[28:41] | I imagine, Mr. Gardner, | 我猜 加德纳先生 |
[28:42] | you would like to depose said Warden? | 你想现场质询一下典狱长? |
[28:44] | – Definitely, Your Honor. – Either way, | – 当然 法官大人 – 不管怎样 |
[28:45] | there’s no reason to delay this execution anymore. | 没必要再推迟死刑了 |
[28:48] | If you so stipulate, I suppose that’s true. | 既然你们如此坚决 我认为那只能是真的 |
[28:56] | Ms. Lockhart? | 洛克哈特女士 |
[28:59] | Eddie didn’t do it. | 艾迪没杀人 |
[29:00] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[29:02] | How do we prove it? | 我们怎么证明呢 |
[29:03] | The snitch testified about the ski mask, | 告密者说凶手戴着滑雪面罩 |
[29:05] | something he could only know from the killer, right? | 这件事他只能从凶手嘴里知道 对吗 |
[29:08] | But when I was at Treasury, we looked into prison brokers. | 但我在财政部供职时 我们在调查监狱经纪人 |
[29:11] | – Prison…? – Brokers. | -监狱 -经纪人 |
[29:12] | They’re police insiders who sell information to prisoners | 他们潜伏在警方 向犯人卖消息 |
[29:15] | so that they can snitch on their cell mates in exchange | 这样犯人能举报其他犯人 |
[29:16] | for a lighter sentence. | 来换取减刑 |
[29:19] | You think Diehause got the ski mask information from a broker? | 你认为德豪斯从经纪人那里得知了滑雪面具的事情 |
[29:23] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不确定 或许吧 |
[29:27] | But he’ll just deny it. | 但他会否认的 |
[29:28] | If we go to him. | 要是我们直接问他的话 |
[29:29] | But what if we go after the broker? | 如果我们找到那个经纪人呢 |
[29:35] | Tommy Diehause snitched for our office three times. | 汤米·德豪斯向我们告过三次密 |
[29:37] | So we want to find someone on all three cases. | 所以我们想找出经手过这三个案件的人 |
[29:39] | Yeah, like a police officer, forensic investigator. | 是的 像是警官 法医 |
[29:42] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[29:43] | You’re not gonna help us? | 你不打算帮我们吗 |
[30:07] | Sir? | 先生 |
[30:11] | Why do you think Alicia’s leaving Lockhart/Gardner? | 艾丽西娅为什么会离开洛克哈特&加德纳 |
[30:14] | Why do I think? | 我的想法吗 |
[30:15] | Because she wants to make something of herself. | 因为她想创出一番事业 |
[30:17] | Not about Will? | 与威尔无关 |
[30:22] | Well, I-I wouldn’t presume. | 我不会胡乱猜测 |
[30:24] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[30:27] | you think the optics are wrong with Marilyn? | 你认为雇佣玛丽莲会给人错误印象 |
[30:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:31] | Photos of you with her would give the wrong impression. | 你和她在一起的照片会给人错误印象 |
[30:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:39] | Promote her. | 让她升职 |
[30:42] | No. No cops in common, | 不 没有共同的警察 |
[30:44] | no forensic investigators, nothing. | 也没有共同的法医 什么都没有 |
[30:46] | We’re still looking. | 我们还在找 |
[30:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:51] | The execution is on for tonight. | 死刑今晚执行 |
[30:55] | Who typed up your crime report? | 谁是这份犯罪报告的书记员 |
[30:58] | What? | 什么 |
[31:00] | Who was the clerk on your crime report? | 谁是你那份犯罪报告的书记员 |
[31:03] | Bottom of the page, there. | 在最底下 那里 |
[31:16] | The typist. | 书记员 |
[31:23] | Thank you, so much, Ms. Munn, | 十分感谢 默恩女士 |
[31:24] | for coming in on such short notice. | 谢谢您这么快赶来 |
[31:25] | Oh, no problem, but I’m-I’m not sure how I can help. | 没关系 我不知道我能帮到什么 |
[31:29] | I just type. | 我只是打字而已 |
[31:30] | I don’t actually catch the bad guys. | 我又没有抓到坏人 |
[31:32] | Actually, uh, we want to help you. | 实际上 我们想帮助您 |
[31:33] | Really? How do you want to do that? | 真的吗 你们想怎么帮我 |
[31:35] | We want to keep you out of jail. | 我们想让您免于牢狱之灾 |
[31:38] | We discovered your brother works as a prison guard, | 我们发现您的兄弟是狱警 |
[31:40] | and that’s how you sell information to snitches. | 你就是通过他向告密者卖消息 |
[31:46] | We are meeting next with Tommy Diehause, | 稍后我们要和汤米·德豪斯见面 |
[31:48] | and one of you is gonna turn on the other. | 你俩肯定会有人主动开口的 |
[31:51] | That’s the problem with working with | 这就是与告密者合作的弊端 |
[31:52] | a snitch, Ms. Munn: they like to snitch. | 默恩女士 他们喜欢告密 |
[31:55] | So I would start talking first. | 所以我肯定会第一个开口 |
[32:01] | What do you want? | 怎么了 |
[32:02] | Did Stiles talk to you yesterday at school? | 斯蒂尔斯昨天在学校与你说过话吗 |
[32:05] | What? Drew Stiles? | 什么 德鲁·斯蒂尔斯 |
[32:07] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[32:09] | What’d he say? | 他说了什么 |
[32:10] | Nothing. He’s disgusting. | 没什么 他是个讨厌鬼 |
[32:13] | I know. What’d he say? | 我知道 他说了什么 |
[32:14] | Did you say something to your friends? | 你是不是对你的朋友们说了些什么 |
[32:16] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[32:18] | They’re all trying to talk to me now. | 他们现在都想跟我说话 |
[32:25] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[32:35] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[32:47] | Kids, hurry up! Your ride’s here! | 孩子们快点 车来了 |
[32:56] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[32:58] | Uh, my mistake. | 我的错 |
[33:00] | I have to get to work. | 我得去上班了 |
[33:02] | You were in with the partners yesterday. | 昨天你和合伙人开了个会 |
[33:03] | What did they say? | 他们说了什么 |
[33:06] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[33:09] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[33:12] | We need to leave by the end of the week. | 我们这周末必须离开 |
[33:13] | – They said that? – No, I’m saying it. | -他们那样说的 -不 这是我说的 |
[33:15] | I’m still a partner here. | 我依旧是律所的合伙人 |
[33:17] | And I’m stuck in the middle. | 我被困在中间 |
[33:18] | I have a fiduciary responsibility | 我对洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[33:20] | to Lockhart/Gardner. | 具有诚信义务 |
[33:21] | And I am opening myself up to a lawsuit | 单单与你们谈话 |
[33:23] | just by talking to you about anything. | 就会让我陷入诉讼 |
[33:25] | – We need to leave. – Look. | -我们得辞职 -听着 |
[33:28] | One of the things we said we didn’t like | 我们不喜欢洛克哈特&加德纳律所的一点就是 |
[33:29] | about Lockhart/Gardner was how decisions were made | 决定总是由威尔和戴安 |
[33:31] | by fiat, by Will and Diane. | 独断产生 |
[33:34] | We said we wanted to run things democratically. | 我们说过我们想要一切民主化 |
[33:36] | And we all voted to wait three weeks. | 我们表决同意三周后离职 |
[33:40] | Would we take this case? | 我们会接受这个案件吗 |
[33:42] | This death row case. | 这个死刑案件 |
[33:43] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[33:44] | Probably. Why not? | 可能吧 为什么不呢 |
[33:45] | It’s pro bono. | 它是公益案件 |
[33:46] | 50 partner hours. | 50个合伙人工作小时 |
[33:48] | We would be afraid of going broke. | 要是我们就会担心破产 |
[33:50] | Yeah, but Lockhart/Gardner | 没错 但洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[33:52] | didn’t take death row cases | 也是从业六 七年后 |
[33:53] | until its sixth or seventh year. | 才开始接死刑案件的 |
[34:00] | Are you having second thoughts? | 你是犹豫了吗 |
[34:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:05] | I like watching Diane and Will work. | 我喜欢看戴安和威尔工作 |
[34:10] | – They care. – Alicia. | -他们关心客户 -艾丽西娅 |
[34:11] | You and I are the new Will and Diane. | 我和你就是新的威尔和戴安 |
[34:21] | Don’t use the company phones. | 别用公司电话 |
[34:23] | They’re accessing the data. | 他们正在访问数据 |
[34:25] | I have a deposition. | 我还有个取证会 |
[34:28] | Very simply, the medical team thought | 原因很简单 医护人员以为 |
[34:30] | they could put an I.V. in the offender’s arm, | 他们可以把针头扎进罪犯胳膊 |
[34:31] | but they were wrong. | 但他们想错了 |
[34:32] | And how will tonight’s execution be different? | 今晚的死刑执行会有什么不同 |
[34:35] | We will do a better job hydrating Mr. Fornum | 我们对佛努姆先生进行了补水 |
[34:37] | and using warm compresses to raise his veins. | 并用热敷的方法使其血管突起 |
[34:40] | And we will place the I.V. in his foot. | 我们会在他的足底进行静脉注射 |
[34:42] | And you didn’t do this the last time? | 你们在上次没有这样做吗 |
[34:43] | We would’ve. | 本来是 |
[34:45] | But the execution was halted. | 但执行过程中断了 |
[34:46] | And I didn’t supervise it. | 我也没有在场监督 |
[34:48] | So, you weren’t present during the last attempt? | 上次整个过程你都没有在场吗 |
[34:50] | Not all the time. | 不是一直在场 |
[34:52] | We had a late arrival of potassium chloride. | 我们晚到了一批氯化钾 |
[34:54] | We’ve had difficulties with the supply of this drug in the past, | 过去我们的这种化学品比较紧缺 |
[34:57] | so I supervised and witnessed its removal from an overnight pouch | 所以我就去监督化学品从隔夜邮袋取出 |
[35:00] | and placement in the intravenous tubing. | 放入静脉输液管的过程 |
[35:03] | However, we will have greater control… | 不过 这次我们一定会加强管理 |
[35:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:08] | This court seems to be all Eddie Alan Fornum all the time. | 这个法庭似乎总是艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的案子 |
[35:10] | Yes, His Honor Manfreddi | 是的 曼佛雷迪法官 |
[35:12] | referred this death row appeal to your court, | 将这一死刑上诉安排到您的法庭 |
[35:15] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[35:18] | given that you were already hearing | 想必您已经听说了 |
[35:19] | the Eighth Amendment appeal. | 第八修正案的上诉 |
[35:21] | Lucky me. All right. | “非常有幸” 好了 |
[35:22] | So you’re ten hours away from an execution. | 离执行死刑还有十小时 |
[35:24] | What do you have for me? | 有什么要给我看 |
[35:28] | We’d like to call a witness. | 我们想要出示一位证人 |
[35:31] | You testified at Edward Alan Fornum’s trial? | 你曾在爱德华·阿兰·佛努姆审判中出庭作证 |
[35:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:35] | And you testified that he confessed to the double murder? | 你曾作证他承认双重谋杀 |
[35:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:39] | And you would like to now withdraw that testimony? | 现在你要撤销那份证词吗 |
[35:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:45] | As far as you know, eddie Fornum is innocent? | 就你所知 艾迪·佛努姆是无辜的吗 |
[35:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:49] | And you received the information to condemn him | 你是从那个女人 莱斯利·默恩的兄弟处 |
[35:52] | from the brother of that woman there– | 获取了给他定罪的情报 |
[35:54] | Leslie Munn? | 对吗 |
[35:56] | – Yes. – Is there anything else you would like to say? | -是的 -你还有其他话要说吗 |
[36:01] | No. | 没有 |
[36:07] | You know, I didn’t plan on judging this appeal, | 要知道我没打算主审这次上诉 |
[36:08] | but you bring me that snitch | 但你找来了那个告密人 |
[36:10] | who changes his testimony after almost a decade? | 过了近十年 他才更改了证词 |
[36:15] | Now… now I’m sorry, ms. Lockhart, I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 洛克哈特女士 很抱歉 |
[36:18] | but, uh, an appeal of actual innocence | 但一个经过多年上诉 |
[36:20] | after years of appeals and decisions and-and delays | 判决和延期的无罪上诉 |
[36:24] | has to stand on a much more ground | 需要建立在更多的证据之上 |
[36:27] | than an indecisive snitch. | 而不是一个善变告密者的证词 |
[36:29] | – Your Honor… – No. | -法官大人 -不行 |
[36:30] | At a certain point, | 在某种程度上 |
[36:32] | it has to be over, judgments must stand. | 都该结束了 维持原判 |
[36:35] | God forgive me… | 愿主原谅… |
[36:37] | I find for the state. | 政府方胜诉 |
[36:39] | Execution will proceed. | 死刑将执行 |
[36:46] | Eddie, I need you to stand. | 艾迪 我需要你站起来 |
[36:51] | Eddie, please. | 艾迪 请站起来 |
[37:03] | Place your hands out in front of you. | 将双手放在身前 |
[37:14] | Turn around, please. | 请转过身 |
[37:26] | You know the way, Eddie. | 你认识路的 艾迪 |
[37:35] | You wanted to see me, Mr. Gold? | 你要见我吗 戈德先生 |
[37:37] | Oh, yes. Hi, Marilyn. | 是啊 你好 玛丽莲 |
[37:38] | – How are you? – Good. | -你好吗 -不错 |
[37:40] | I think we’re off to a great start, don’t you think? | 我觉得我们开局不错 您觉得呢 |
[37:41] | I do, I do. | 没错 没错 |
[37:43] | And I have some good news. | 告诉你一个好消息 |
[37:44] | Peter wants to promote you to the Transit Authority… | 彼得要提升你去交通管理局… |
[37:48] | Board. | 委员会 |
[37:50] | I… | 什… |
[37:51] | I’m sorry, what? | 对不起 什么 |
[37:52] | Yes, uh, an opening has | 没错 交通管理局委员会 |
[37:54] | opened up on the Transit Authority Board, | 正好有一个空缺 |
[37:57] | uh, where you will have authority… over transit. | 你会在交通方面…行使权利 |
[38:01] | It’s a step up. | 这可进步不小 |
[38:02] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[38:04] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[38:05] | No, you did something right. | 不 你做得很好 |
[38:07] | It’s a promotion. | 这是升职 |
[38:11] | No, Marilyn. | 不行 玛丽莲 |
[38:13] | Peter promoted you. | 彼得提升了你 |
[38:15] | If he’d wanted to tell you that himself, he would have. | 如果他想亲自告诉你 他会的 |
[38:20] | You guys are making a mistake. | 你们犯了个大错 |
[38:21] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[38:24] | You have a good evening. | 祝你晚上愉快 |
[38:31] | How did it go? | 怎么样 |
[38:32] | Well. She took it like a pro. | 她懂规矩 |
[38:35] | She’s right, you know, | 她说得对 |
[38:36] | we need a new chief of staff. | 我们需要一个新的幕僚长 |
[38:37] | She’s not right, she’s anal. | 她没对 她就是个放屁孔 |
[38:39] | Well, anal’s what we need right now. | 我们现在需要的就是放屁孔 |
[38:43] | – Did I just say that? – Yes. | -我把这话说出口了? -没错 |
[38:45] | Our new state motto? | 这就是我们州新的格言了? |
[38:48] | I’ll make up a list. | 我去列个名单 |
[38:50] | Why don’t you do it? | 要不你来做 |
[38:53] | What? Be chief of staff? | 什么 幕僚长 |
[38:57] | But I… | 但是我… |
[38:58] | I’m working on your next campaign, sir. | 我要着手准备你的下次竞选 |
[39:00] | My next campaign is here in this office. | 我的下次竞选就从这间办公室开始 |
[39:03] | I screw that up, there’s nowhere to go but down. | 要是搞砸了 我就无路可退了 |
[39:17] | You’re going tonight? | 你要回去吗 |
[39:18] | No. | 不 |
[39:23] | We did everything we could. | 我们竭尽全力了 |
[39:25] | Not everything. | 还没有 |
[40:09] | We want to put an I.V. in early, Eddie, | 我们想提前进行静脉注射 艾迪 |
[40:12] | so there isn’t the same confusion at midnight. | 这样就不会出现半夜那种状况了 |
[40:16] | Tell us if you feel any pain. | 如果感到疼就告诉我们 |
[40:18] | You should feel a small pinprick | 我们注射的时候 |
[40:20] | as we attempt to put in the I.V. | 你会有种针扎的感觉 |
[40:25] | The monitor you see above your ankle is a VeinMapper. | 你脚踝上的仪器叫做静脉映射器 |
[40:28] | It uses ultraviolet imaging to help find veins. | 它通过紫外摄像来找到血管 |
[40:40] | Okay, the pain should be over in a minute, Eddie. | 好了 痛感马上会消失 艾迪 |
[40:44] | Warden, excuse me. | 监狱长 打扰一下 |
[40:47] | – What? – There’s somebody out here for you. | -怎么了 -外面有人找你 |
[40:53] | I’ll be right back with you, Eddie. | 我马上回来 艾迪 |
[40:59] | Excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[41:00] | We’re in the midst of a protocol. What is it? | 我们正在执行死刑 什么事 |
[41:01] | Yes, our apologies, sir. | 是的 很抱歉 先生 |
[41:03] | My name is Agent Lionel Franklin from the South Bend office | 我是禁毒署南本德办事处的 |
[41:05] | of the Drug Enforcement Administration. | 莱昂内尔·富兰克林探员 |
[41:07] | It’s come to our attention that you’ve transported | 我们注意到你通过邮政部门 |
[41:09] | toxic chemicals through the U.S. Postal Service. | 运送了有毒化学品 |
[41:14] | Are you serious? | 你跟我来真的吗 |
[41:15] | It’s a direct violation of 49 U.S.C. 5101. | 这直接违反了美国法典第49篇51章第1部分的规定 |
[41:19] | Have you transported any such chemicals? | 你是否运送过这类化学品 |
[41:21] | We use potassium chloride in our L.I. Protocol, | 我们在注射死刑中要用到氯化钾 |
[41:24] | and, yes, we transferred it by overnight post. | 所以我们通过次晨达邮递运送的 |
[41:26] | I’m gonna have to confiscate those chemicals. | 我现在要没收这些化学品 |
[41:44] | The governor has put the execution on hold, Eddie. | 州长已暂停执行死刑了 艾迪 |
[41:48] | They don’t want to try a third time. | 他们不想再试第三次了 |
[41:52] | It’s over, Eddie. | 都结束了 艾迪 |
[41:58] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[42:14] | Good work. | 干得漂亮 |
[42:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:18] | Were you the one who called the DEA? | 是你打给禁毒署的吗 |
[42:21] | Now, what would make you think that? | 你为什么猜是我呢 |
[42:22] | It was a smart move. | 这招很聪明 |
[42:24] | Have some? | 喝点吗 |
[42:29] | Will? | 威尔 |
[42:33] | I need to tell you something. | 我得告诉你件事 |
[42:34] | No, you don’t, Alicia. | 不 不用了 艾丽西娅 |
[42:36] | Look, I know why you didn’t call, and it’s okay. | 我知道你为什么没打给我 没关系 |
[42:39] | We were on a merry-go-round and we needed to get off, | 我们一直转来转去 现在需要停下来 |
[42:41] | so we’re off. | 所以我们就停下来了 |
[42:43] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[42:48] | Don’t end up hating me. | 请最后别恨我 |
[42:51] | What? | 什么 |
[42:53] | Nothing. Have a good night. | 没什么 晚安 |
[42:56] | Are you sure you don’t want some? | 你真不想喝点吗 |
[42:59] | No, I’m good. | 不 我不喝了 |