时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | You’ll be great. | 你没问题的 |
[00:20] | Oh, God, it’s like I’m a first-time lawyer again. | 老天 就好像我又变回新手了 |
[00:22] | How many cases have you argued? | 你辩过多少个案子啊 |
[00:24] | – 423. – So… this’ll be your 424th. | -423 -那这就是你第424个 |
[00:27] | My last. | 是最后一个 |
[00:29] | It’s my last one as a lawyer. | 作为律师的最后一个 |
[00:32] | I just don’t want to finish by embarrassing myself. | 我不想以一记败笔结束 |
[00:36] | Then don’t. | 那就别输 |
[00:38] | You’re always so good with the pep talks, aren’t you? | 你还真是会鼓励人啊 |
[00:48] | You want a tattoo. | 你想要个纹身 |
[00:52] | – I want a tattoo? Mm-hmm. | -我想要纹身 -是呀 |
[00:54] | ‘Cause it’ll hurt so, so good. | 会让你疼得很爽 |
[00:59] | You know what I feel? | 你知道我有什么感觉吗 |
[01:00] | What? | 什么感觉 |
[01:02] | Awake. | 醒了 |
[01:03] | Probably best when your eyes are open. | 你眼睛睁着 可不是醒了 |
[01:05] | No, really awake. | 不是 是清醒 |
[01:08] | Like I haven’t been in a while. | 感觉好久没这么清醒过 |
[01:11] | What are you doing tonight? | 你今晚准备做什么 |
[01:13] | What am I doing? | 我准备做什么 |
[01:15] | I have no idea. | 完全不知道 |
[01:17] | I want to see you again. | 我想再见到你 |
[01:19] | See me now. | 现在就看着我 |
[01:21] | No. I’m serious. See me now. | 我是认真的 现在就看着我 |
[01:34] | Mom. Mom. | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[01:36] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:36] | I have to go to school, and everyone’s already here. | 我要去上学了 大家都已经到了 |
[01:38] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[01:40] | I overslept. | 我睡过头了 |
[01:41] | I tried knocking. I… | 我试过敲门… |
[01:45] | I was out. | 我睡得真死 |
[01:47] | – I was really out. – I know. | -真的是睡死了 -可不是 |
[01:49] | You probably just needed to sleep. | 你大概是太缺觉了 |
[01:51] | But I have to go. | 不过我得走了 |
[01:52] | Um, you be good today. | 今天好好干 |
[01:54] | You’re the mom today. | 今天你成妈妈了 |
[01:55] | Uh, brush your teeth | 记得刷牙 |
[01:56] | and do not lose any more clients. | 不准再丢客户了 |
[01:58] | I’ll do my best. | 我尽力 |
[02:04] | Where did you say you wanted this, Alicia? | 你说想把这个放哪 艾丽西娅 |
[02:06] | Oh, in front of the fireplace. | 就在壁炉前 |
[02:07] | Sorry, we had to start early. | 抱歉 我们要早点开始 |
[02:08] | – The workers were here. – It’s a go. | -工人们到了 -有消息了 |
[02:10] | – We have a lead on offices. – Where? | -我们办公室有头绪了 -哪里 |
[02:12] | – Wallis & Frey. – The tax firm? | -沃利斯&弗雷 -那家税务所 |
[02:13] | Yeah, they’re breaking up. | 是的 他们在分家 |
[02:14] | The new lawyers are kicking out the old. | 新人要把老人赶走 |
[02:15] | And they want us to lease their empty offices? | 他们让我们租空出来的办公室吗 |
[02:17] | Really? Wallis & Frey? | 真的吗 沃利斯&弗雷 |
[02:18] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[02:19] | Not-not that I don’t love you all here. | 不是说我不喜欢大家待在这 |
[02:22] | Oh. That’s probably the broadband. | 估计是来装宽带的 |
[02:23] | I’ll get it. | 我去开 |
[02:24] | How-how much is the lease? | 租金多少钱 |
[02:25] | We’re trying to find out now. | 我们这就问 |
[02:28] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:29] | Good morning. You’re… | 早上好 你是… |
[02:31] | Marilyn, yes. The chair of your husband’s | 玛丽莲 是你丈夫 |
[02:33] | – ethics commission. – I-I know. | -伦理委员会主席 -我知道 |
[02:34] | Um, what can… Uh, why are you here, Marilyn? | 那么…你来此有何贵干 玛丽莲 |
[02:37] | I’m sorry to throw myself at you like this, Alicia, | 很抱歉我冒然造访 艾丽西娅 |
[02:39] | but I only discovered today that you’re starting your own firm, | 但我今天才发现 您开了自己的律所 |
[02:42] | and I wanted to catch you before… | 我想跟你谈谈 在… |
[02:43] | Before I made too many mistakes? | 在我犯更多错误前吗 |
[02:44] | No, no, no. Not at all. | 不 不 不是的 |
[02:45] | It’s just that the ethic rules for the governor | 只是关于州长的政治伦理准则 |
[02:47] | can be quite counterintuitive. | 其实相当有悖常理 |
[02:49] | Uh, you know, they’ve changed a lot even | 甚至在最近几个月 |
[02:51] | – in the past few months… – Broadband? | -也有很大变动 -装宽带的吗 |
[02:53] | Yeah, right this way. | 就在这边 |
[02:54] | Um, Marilyn, could we do this another time? | 玛丽莲 我们能换个时间吗 |
[02:57] | Heather? Hello. | 希瑟 你好 |
[02:59] | Alicia, oh, my gosh. What happened? | 艾丽西娅 我的天 发生了什么 |
[03:01] | Oh, I’m sorry. Did you go by work? | 我很抱歉 你去我工作的地方了吗 |
[03:03] | Someone else is in your office, a man who told me to get lost. | 是其他人在你办公室 让我很糊涂 |
[03:05] | Yeah, I-I was going to… | 我本想… |
[03:07] | Marilyn, can we do this another time? | 玛丽莲 我们能换个时间谈吗 |
[03:08] | – Certainly. – Pardon me. | -当然 -借过 |
[03:09] | – Do you want me to drop by this afternoon? – Yes. | -那我下午再过来吧 -好的 |
[03:11] | N-No. Let me figure it out, okay? | 不用了 让我看一下 好吗 |
[03:13] | Definitely. I’ll drop by. | 没问题 我会过来的 |
[03:15] | – What was that? – Oh, nothing. | -她是谁 -没事 |
[03:16] | Just someone from my husband’s staff. | 是我丈夫的员工 |
[03:19] | I wanted to tell you. I left Lockhart/Gardner. | 我想告诉你 我离开了洛克哈特&加德纳 |
[03:22] | – And I’m starting my own firm. – Here? | -我要开自己的律所 -在这吗 |
[03:25] | No. This is temporary. | 不 这只是暂时的 |
[03:27] | We move into office space Friday. | 我们周五搬入新办公室 |
[03:29] | – But shouldn’t you be in court? – Yes. | -但你今天不是该出庭吗 -是的 |
[03:30] | It’s just… I’ve mostly dealt with you, Alicia, | 只是我都是跟你接触的 艾丽西娅 |
[03:33] | not Diane. | 不是戴安 |
[03:34] | So I’m just… a bit confused. | 我只是…有点搞不明白 |
[03:37] | Well, you are in good hands. | 这一点你大可以放心 |
[03:39] | It’s just… I’ve worked a lot on your case, | 不过 我在你的案子上下了不少功夫 |
[03:41] | and I’m quite familiar with it. | 我很了解案情 |
[03:47] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[03:48] | I find the defense’s motion to dismiss galling… | 我认为被告的撤案动议令人愤慨… |
[03:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:52] | – I didn’t mean to “gall” You. – She is suggesting | -我可没想让你愤慨 -她这是在说 |
[03:54] | there is no way ever to sue a gun manufacturer. | 就不能起诉枪支制造商 |
[03:57] | I’m suggesting that Congress passed | 我是说国会通过 |
[03:58] | the Lawful Protection of Commerce in Arms Act. | 「保护合法武器贸易法案」 |
[04:00] | A reprehensible law. | 这是一项应受指责的法案 |
[04:01] | I know that that’s your opinion, Your Honor, | 我知道这是您的个人意见 法官阁下 |
[04:03] | but it is still the law. | 但依旧是法律 |
[04:04] | And if I may, Your Honor, | 法官阁下 请容我提出 |
[04:06] | if you don’t feel that you can judge fairly… | 若您不能公正地做判决… |
[04:08] | I feel I can judge very fairly, thank you, | 我感觉自己能做出非常公正的判决 谢谢 |
[04:10] | no matter how destructive your client’s product is to America. | 不管你当事人的产品会给美国带来多大的危害 |
[04:13] | Your Honor, it is true that the act | 法官阁下 国会通过的法案 |
[04:15] | passed by Congress outlaws suits against gun manufacturers, | 确实禁止针对枪支制造商的起诉 |
[04:18] | but there are exceptions. | 但还是有例外的 |
[04:19] | This gun, a Decatur .38 Lobera, | 这支枪 迪凯特枪械的点38口径手枪 |
[04:22] | misfired and killed the husband of my client. | 走火并害死了我的委托人的丈夫 |
[04:26] | Your Honor, even if she can prove that it was defective, | 法官阁下 即便她能证明枪支有缺陷 |
[04:28] | the gun was fired during the commission of a crime. | 这支枪也是在犯罪实施过程中使用的 |
[04:31] | Therefore, the manufacturer cannot be sued. | 所以 不能起诉制造商 |
[04:33] | My client’s husband was the victim of a crime. | 我方委托人的丈夫正是犯罪行为的受害人 |
[04:35] | He was held up and killed at his place of business by two robbers. | 他在工作处 被两个劫匪劫持并杀害 |
[04:39] | Yes, but the gun was fired during a criminal act. | 是 但是在犯罪行为中发射的 |
[04:41] | His gun. The victim’s gun. | 他自己的枪 是被害人的枪 |
[04:43] | – Not the robber’s. – Yes, but it was fired… | -不是劫匪的 -确实 但是在… |
[04:44] | – Misfired. – when the robbers slapped it out of his hands. | -是走火 -当枪从劫匪手中滑落时 |
[04:46] | Therefore, he was not in possession of it. | 所以 他并没有持有该枪 |
[04:48] | – Thus, it was fired during a criminal act. – Thank you. | -因此是在犯罪过程中发射的 -谢谢 |
[04:51] | I’ll have to ask both attorneys to join me in chambers. | 我要请双方律师都跟我去办公室 |
[04:54] | – Why? – An administrative issue. | -为什么 -一个行政问题 |
[05:05] | Please, everybody. | 请吧 各位 |
[05:06] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[05:08] | Let’s just take a breath before we start in on this. | 在我们开始前深呼吸 |
[05:11] | Um, start in with… | 开始… |
[05:13] | – What? – You, too, Nancy. Here. | -什么啊 -你也坐下 南希 |
[05:15] | Everybody, take a big, long breath. | 每个人都深呼吸 |
[05:19] | Now, I’ve received a request for a change of representation | 我收到一份更换律师的请求 |
[05:22] | from you, Heather. Is that true? | 希瑟 是这样吗 |
[05:24] | – Yes. Your Honor, my firm recently | -是的 -法官阁下 我们律所最近 |
[05:26] | fired ten lawyers who were poaching clients. | 解雇了十名偷挖客户的律师 |
[05:28] | – We weren’t poaching. – What else would you call it? | -我们没挖客户 -还有别的形容吗 |
[05:30] | You were negotiating with our top clients behind our back. | 你们在背地里拉我们的大客户 |
[05:32] | All right, everybody, please, please, please. | 好了 大家请冷静 冷静 冷静 |
[05:33] | Unclench your fists. Okay? | 别这么剑拔弩张好吗 |
[05:35] | Look at… look at your fist. | 看看 看着你的拳头 |
[05:37] | Squash it. Come on. | 压下去 来 |
[05:39] | Squash it. I work with kids in gangs. | 压住它 我帮助过黑帮少年 |
[05:41] | That’s what we say. | 我们常这么说 |
[05:43] | Squash it. | 压住它 |
[05:45] | There you go. | 好的 |
[05:47] | Diane, | 戴安 |
[05:48] | you have something to say? | 你有什么要说的吗 |
[05:49] | Yes. I am personally offended, Your Honor. | 是的 这是对我个人的冒犯 法官阁下 |
[05:52] | I’ve been developing this case for two years. | 这个案子我已经跟了两年 |
[05:53] | No, you haven’t, Diane. We have. | 你没有 戴安 是我们跟的 |
[05:55] | – Cary and myself… – I took on this case. | -凯里和我…-我是案子的负责人 |
[05:57] | I brought it to this point… | 是我让它进展到这步 |
[05:58] | Your Honor, these are the bills | 法官阁下 这些账单 |
[05:59] | segregating out hours based on partner and associate work… | 明确了合伙人和律师的工作时间 |
[06:02] | Where did you get those? | 你们从哪儿拿来的 |
[06:03] | Billing is not an effective way to determine work. | 账单并不是决定工作时长的有效方式 |
[06:05] | It’s not an effective way? | 不是有效的方式 |
[06:06] | What other way would you… | 那你们还有什么其他方式… |
[06:08] | Okay, okay, okay. Everybody, please. | 好了 好了 大家请冷静 |
[06:09] | Please, please. Okay? We were doing so well. | 冷静 好吗 刚才还挺和气呢 |
[06:13] | Come on. Squash it. | 来 压制怒气 |
[06:15] | Everybody, come on. | 大家一起来 |
[06:15] | Let’s see it. | 试试看 |
[06:18] | Come on. | 来 |
[06:22] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[06:24] | Heather, it is unorthodox to switch representation | 海瑟 动议第一天就换律师 |
[06:26] | on the first day of motions, | 这种做法有悖传统 |
[06:27] | especially with Diane already commencing. | 尤其是戴安已经开始了 |
[06:29] | So I’m going to ask you. | 所以我打算问你的意见 |
[06:31] | Diane? | 是戴安 |
[06:33] | Or Alicia and Cary? | 还是艾丽西娅和凯里 |
[06:35] | – What is it? – Heather, I have made it | -选哪个 -海瑟 我这一生 |
[06:36] | my life to fight for gun control. | 都为枪支控制而战 |
[06:38] | This is the wedge issue to drive into the PLCAA. | 此案是打破PLCAA法案的关键契机 |
[06:42] | Alicia and Cary. | 艾丽西娅和凯里 |
[06:43] | Your Honor, we have an immediate request for your assistance. | 法官阁下 我们现在请求您的帮助 |
[06:45] | The client’s files, all two years of files, | 该委托人这两年的所有卷宗 |
[06:48] | we need to have them transferred to our law firm. | 需要转到我们的律所来 |
[06:50] | What law firm? You’re working out of your apartment. | 什么律所 你不是在家里办公吗 |
[06:52] | Well, we’re in the process of finding new office… | 我们正在找新的办公室 |
[06:54] | Your Honor, we need the case files. | 法官阁下 我们需要案件卷宗 |
[06:56] | They don’t belong to Lockhart/Gardner. | 它们不属于洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[06:57] | They belong to our client. | 它们属于我们的委托人 |
[06:58] | Agreed. Diane, have them sent to | 同意 戴安 请把卷宗寄至… |
[07:00] | Florrick-Agos & Associates. | 福瑞克&艾格斯律所 |
[07:02] | When can we expect delivery? | 我们什么时候能收到啊 |
[07:07] | How’d it go? | 情况如何 |
[07:10] | They took it. | 他们抢走了 |
[07:11] | My case. | 我的案子 |
[07:12] | What? Who? | 什么 谁 |
[07:13] | Who do you think? | 还能是谁 |
[07:17] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[07:17] | To get it back. | 把它抢回来 |
[07:20] | Oop, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:23] | I hope you don’t mind. We had problems with the kids’ toilet. | 希望你别介意 孩子们的厕所出了点问题 |
[07:26] | How was court? | 法院进展如何 |
[07:27] | We got it. | 拿到了案子 |
[07:29] | How much do Wallis & Frey want for their lease? | 沃利斯&弗雷要多少租金 |
[07:31] | Uh, it wasn’t what we expected. They want us to join them. | 跟我们预期不同 他们希望我们入伙 |
[07:33] | Join their firm? | 加入他们律所 |
[07:34] | Yes, we’d split the office space, the lease, the clients. | 对 但办公室 租约和客户是独立的 |
[07:37] | – Do we want that? – No. | -要这样吗 -不 |
[07:38] | – They’re tax attorneys. – With office space. | -他们是税务律师 -还有办公室 |
[07:40] | Yeah, but we just got out from under Lockhart/Gardner. | 可我们刚摆脱了洛&加律所 |
[07:42] | Do we really want to throw ourselves | 我们真要再次把自己置于 |
[07:43] | back into another corporate situation? | 合作工作的处境里么 |
[07:45] | I don’t think so. | 我不想 |
[07:47] | Marilyn? Mm-hmm? | 玛丽莲 |
[07:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:49] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[07:51] | Uh, I hope you don’t mind. | 希望你别介意 |
[07:52] | I just needed a glass of water. | 我就是想喝杯水 |
[07:53] | No, I thought you were calling this afternoon. | 我以为你是下午打电话来 |
[07:56] | And I thought I was just dropping by. | 我想的是直接过来 |
[07:58] | I hope this doesn’t inconvenience… | 希望没引起什么不便 |
[07:59] | What do you need? | 你想要做什么 |
[08:00] | I just need to take your firm | 我就是需要你们律所观看一部 |
[08:02] | through a short PowerPoint on the ethical rules of a start-up. | 关于初建企业道德准则的幻灯片 |
[08:05] | Uh, I’ve heard the rules. | 我了解过那些道德准则 |
[08:06] | I’ll tell them the rules. We don’t have time. | 我之后会告诉他们 现在没空 |
[08:11] | I’m sorry to be rude. May I use your restroom? | 不好意思 我能借用一下卫生间吗 |
[08:13] | – Yes. Are you all right? – Can you show me? | -可以 你还好吧 -在哪儿 |
[08:15] | Right this way. | 就在这儿 |
[08:22] | Ms. Garbanza? | 戈班扎女士 |
[08:25] | Hello? Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[08:30] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[08:31] | No. | 没事 |
[08:33] | Not at all. Can I… can I get you something? | 没事 我能帮你什么忙吗 |
[08:36] | Maybe a hand towel, | 能给我条毛巾吗 |
[08:37] | – if you don’t mind. – Yes, of course. | -如果你不介意的话 -没问题 |
[08:40] | Here. | 给 |
[08:42] | Is it, uh, food poisoning? | 这是食物中毒吗 |
[08:45] | It’s morning sickness. | 是孕吐 |
[08:46] | Really? | 是吗 |
[08:47] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[08:49] | Have you read What to Expect when You’re Expecting? | 你有读过「怀孕百科」 吧 |
[08:52] | – Yes. – It’s awful, isn’t it? | -读过 -写得很恐怖吧 |
[08:54] | Well, yeah, they don’t sugarcoat it. | 是啊 写得非常直接 |
[08:56] | Did you read the chapter on pregnancy complications? | 你读过妊娠并发症那一章吗 |
[08:58] | – Oh, you shouldn’t read that. – Everybody gave me a copy. | -你不该读那个 -很多人都送我这本书 |
[09:01] | I have eight books. | 我都有八本了 |
[09:02] | I couldn’t not read it. | 怎么可能不读呢 |
[09:04] | I’m sorry I came by. I know you’re very busy. | 抱歉我直接过来了 我知道你很忙 |
[09:06] | – That’s okay. It’s your job. -Yes, it is. | -没事 这是你的工作 -对啊 |
[09:08] | What a silly job, making sure other people follow the rules. | 多蠢的工作 确保大家都守规矩 |
[09:13] | How long will it take | 看完你的幻灯片 |
[09:15] | – to see your PowerPoint? – 20 minutes. | -要多少时间 -20分钟 |
[09:18] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[09:19] | We need to get to court. | 我们得去法院了 |
[09:20] | Yeah. One minute. | 好的 马上来 |
[09:23] | Why don’t you come by tomorrow at 3:00? We’ll do it then. | 你明天下午三点来如何 把这事结了 |
[09:25] | – Okay. – Okay? | -好 -还好吗 |
[09:28] | – Do you want me to call… – Oh, no. | -要不要我打电话给…-不用 |
[09:29] | It’s okay. I just want to sit here for a minute. | 没关系 我在这坐一会儿就好了 |
[09:31] | I’ll get you a glass of water. | 我给你拿杯水 |
[09:34] | – Alicia. – Yeah. | -艾丽西娅 -怎么了 |
[09:37] | You’re very nice. | 你人真好 |
[09:38] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快就回来 |
[09:46] | Uh, Mom, some boxes. | 妈妈 有快递 |
[09:47] | Oh, good, Cary. The files arrived. | 好极了 凯里 卷宗到了 |
[09:49] | You’re kidding. | 真的假的 |
[09:51] | I underestimated them. | 我低估他们了 |
[09:53] | What? | 什么 |
[09:54] | Or overestimated them. Uh-oh. | 或者高估了 |
[09:57] | “To Florrick & Agos, we are doing our best to… | 致福瑞克&艾格斯 我们尽全力 |
[10:00] | “process your request. And in the meantime, | 处理你们的请求 与此同时 |
[10:03] | “please accept the contents of your desks | 为表诚意 请收下你们办公桌里 |
[10:05] | “as a goodwill gesture. | 留下的东西 |
[10:07] | Will Gardner, managing partner.” | 管理合伙人 威尔·加德纳 |
[10:09] | I can’t believe they’d endanger their own clients | 难以置信他们竟不顾自己的客户 |
[10:10] | to get back at us. | 来报复我们 |
[10:11] | It’s not their client anymore. | 那已经不是他们的客户了 |
[10:12] | They don’t give a damn. | 他们才不管呢 |
[10:17] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[10:18] | Where, to court? | 去哪儿 法院吗 |
[10:19] | No, he’ll be expecting that. | 不 那就正中他下怀了 |
[10:21] | The plan is simple. | 计划很简单 |
[10:23] | We are in a superior position to branch out | 我们现在处于扩张的绝佳状态 |
[10:25] | from Chicago to New York and then L.A. | 从芝加哥到纽约 再到洛杉矶 |
[10:28] | But we need to act now. | 但我们需要现在就行动 |
[10:29] | I have clients wondering about our losses… | 我有客户在担心我们的损失… |
[10:31] | David, when I’m finished, you can talk. | 大卫 等我说完 你再说 |
[10:36] | The first move is to destabilize our competitors. | 第一步是动摇我们的竞争对手 |
[10:38] | These are the top 12 litigators at competing firms. | 这十二个人是竞争律所中的顶级诉讼律师 |
[10:42] | I want you to select one name | 我要你们找出目标 |
[10:44] | and target him or her for acquisition. | 瞄准锁定 将其挖过来 |
[10:46] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[10:50] | David, you can talk now. | 大卫 你说吧 |
[10:53] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[10:59] | Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生 |
[11:02] | This came for you. | 这是给你的 |
[11:08] | You got a subpoena from them? | 他们给你发了传票是吗 |
[11:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:13] | They want their files. | 他们想要回卷宗 |
[11:14] | And they’re taking us to court for them? | 通过打官司要回去吗 |
[11:16] | No. The ACDB. | 不 是通过ACDB |
[11:18] | What the hell is that? | 什么玩意儿 |
[11:19] | The Attorney Disciplinary Board. | 律师纪律审裁委员会 |
[11:20] | Oh. That’s the board that…? | 那是把你… |
[11:22] | Suspended me. Alicia does have a sense of humor, | 停职的委员会 艾丽西娅的确幽默 |
[11:24] | I’ll give her that. | 这点我还是认可的 |
[11:26] | Don’t let her get into your head. | 别被她攻心了 |
[11:29] | No. | 不会的 |
[11:31] | That’s where I want her. | 是我打心里就想让她进来 |
[11:45] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢你 法官阁下 |
[11:46] | I know that the plaintiff’s team is | 我知道原告的团队 |
[11:47] | somewhat in flux, so if they would like me | 有些变动 如果他们想要我 |
[11:49] | to summarize my motion again… | 再总结一下我的动议的话 |
[11:50] | No, Nancy, | 不用了 南希 |
[11:51] | we read the court transcripts, | 我们看过法庭记录了 |
[11:52] | and we ask Your Honor to deny | 我们请求法官阁下否决 |
[11:55] | her motion to dismiss. | 她的撤案动议 |
[11:56] | You are rejecting the Protection of Arms Act…? | 你是在反对「保护合法武器贸易法案」吗 |
[11:58] | No, Your Honor, | 不是的 法官阁下 |
[11:59] | it is the law of the land. | 是我国现行法律 |
[11:59] | Your Honor, I know that your sympathies | 法官阁下 我知道你不同情 |
[12:01] | – tend against my client. – Nancy, stop playing me. | -我的委托人 -南希 别闹了 |
[12:03] | Sorry, I’m not. I’m speaking from my heart. | 抱歉 我不是 我是发自肺腑的 |
[12:05] | I, myself, have never fired a gun in my life, | 我自己这辈子从来没开过枪 |
[12:08] | but what matters to me is justice. | 但我关心的是公正 |
[12:10] | Good for you. | 了不起 |
[12:11] | The difficulty I’m having, | 我现在的困境是 |
[12:13] | Alicia, and, um… | 艾丽西娅和呃… |
[12:14] | Cary Agos. | 凯里·艾格斯 |
[12:15] | Cary. Is that Nancy is right on the law. | 凯里 南希这边是完全合法的 |
[12:17] | If the gun is fired during the commission of a crime… | 如果是在犯罪过程中开的枪的话… |
[12:19] | Yes, Your Honor, but we don’t know | 是 法官阁下 但走火是不是 |
[12:20] | if it did go off during the commission of a crime. | 真的在犯罪过程中发生 这一点尚未可知 |
[12:23] | They were holding up a car wash, so… | 他们当时在打劫洗车行 所以… |
[12:24] | They were accused of holding up a car wash. | 他们被指控打劫洗车行 |
[12:26] | One is dead, and the other is currently on trial | 一个死了 另一个还在 |
[12:28] | in the Cook County criminal court, | 库克县刑事法庭受审 |
[12:29] | and no determination has been made on his guilt or innocence. | 至今尚未判定是有罪还是无罪 |
[12:33] | Nancy? Any thoughts? | 南希 有什么想法吗 |
[12:35] | Your Honor, he’s being prosecuted. | 法官阁下 他正在被起诉 |
[12:36] | Yes, and if he is found “Not guilty,” | 是的 如果他被判为「无罪」的话 |
[12:39] | then it is up to His Honor | 就得由法官阁下来决定 |
[12:41] | to decide whether there was indeed a crime. | 是否确有犯罪行为了 |
[12:43] | That is exactly right. | 非常对 |
[12:45] | We will wait for the determination from the criminal court. | 我们等刑事法庭的判决结果出来再说吧 |
[12:47] | In the meantime, we will address | 同时 我们来解决 |
[12:49] | the question of the product’s defect. | 枪支产品缺陷的问题 |
[12:54] | Nancy? | 南希 |
[12:55] | Nancy?! | 南希 |
[12:57] | Do your friends in the front row agree or disagree? | 你的前排朋友们同意还是不同意啊 |
[12:59] | What? Um, Your Honor, | 什么 嗯 法官阁下 |
[13:01] | if that is your ruling, | 如果这是你的裁决的话 |
[13:02] | we have no choice but to acquiesce. | 我们别无选择只有默然接受了 |
[13:05] | I’ll take criminal court. | 我去跟刑事法庭 |
[13:06] | I know how the SA will prosecute this. | 我熟悉检察官对这种案件的起诉方式 |
[13:07] | Great, and I’ll go to Disciplinary Board | 太好了 那我去律师风纪检查委员会 |
[13:09] | and get our files. | 拿回咱们的卷宗 |
[13:09] | Will will be there. Are you okay with that? | 威尔会去那 你可以吗 |
[13:11] | I’m great with that. | 完全没问题 |
[13:13] | Your Honor, this is a signed confession by Lee St. George, | 法官阁下 这是李·圣·乔治签下的供认书 |
[13:16] | the accomplice to this man. | 即这位男士的同谋 |
[13:18] | Objection. Mr. St. George hanged himself | 反对 圣·乔治先生在库克监狱 |
[13:21] | while in Cook County jail, | 上吊自杀了 |
[13:22] | so we have no way to corroborate this. | 所以该供认书无法证实 |
[13:24] | Your Honor, it doesn’t matter. | 法官阁下 这无关紧要 |
[13:25] | He confessed to robbing the car wash. | 他承认打劫了洗车行 |
[13:34] | Olivia, you got a second? | 奥丽薇娅 有空吗 |
[13:35] | I got a 19-year-old kid who was duped into a robbery, | 我手上有一个十九岁少年 被骗去抢劫 |
[13:39] | and is facing 20 years. | 现在面临20年的牢狱之灾 |
[13:40] | What do you think? | 你认为呢 |
[13:41] | I think I can help you. | 我认为我能帮你 |
[13:43] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[13:44] | I think your guy’s innocent. | 我认为你的这个委托人是无辜的 |
[13:47] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[13:48] | Olivia, I know we’ve butted heads in the past, | 奥丽薇娅 我知道我们以前有过分歧 |
[13:50] | but let me help you. | 但是让我帮你吧 |
[13:51] | Geneva Pine likes to sit on her Brady material. | 吉妮瓦·派恩喜欢拖延检方材料 |
[13:54] | You think she’s withholding exculpatory evidence? | 你认为她压着无罪证据吗 |
[13:56] | I think that she sometimes likes to build momentum in her case, | 我认为她有时喜欢在案子中蓄势 |
[13:59] | and then, let the evidence magically appear. | 然后 让证据神奇地出现 |
[14:14] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[14:15] | Welcome to the Attorney Compliance and Disciplinary Board | 欢迎来到律师纪律审裁委员会 |
[14:19] | where we handle disputes between lawyers in a collegial manner. | 我们将着手处理一起律师合作纠纷 |
[14:27] | And welcome back, Will. | 欢迎回来 威尔 |
[14:30] | Uh, I hope this visit to our sanctum | 希望这次对我们这个神秘之地的访问 |
[14:32] | will prove more fruitful. | 能让你收获更多 |
[14:34] | Can we ask Mrs. Florrick why she chose this venue | 能问一下福瑞克夫人为什么要选择这里 |
[14:37] | for her complaint and not a court subpoena? | 而不是法庭 作为她的上诉地点吗 |
[14:39] | We can. | 可以 |
[14:41] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克夫人 请吧 |
[14:42] | Mr. Gardner has already shown | 加德纳先生已经在这个委员会 |
[14:44] | his true stripes to this board. | 展示过他的真我了 |
[14:45] | And we thought you would be best | 我们认为这里是最能 |
[14:47] | to discern a pattern of abuse here. | 分辨滥用职权倾向的地方 |
[14:49] | Oh, go to hell. She’s using Will’s disbarment… | 少来 她是利用威尔曾被取消律师资格 |
[14:51] | Excuse me, sir. I haven’t called on you yet. | 抱歉 先生 我还没有叫到你 |
[14:54] | Mrs. Florrick has already admitted she’s hoping | 福瑞克夫人已经承认了 |
[14:56] | this board will be biased against my firm. | 她希望委员会对我们律所实施不公平处理 |
[14:58] | Not your firm. | 不是你们律所 |
[15:00] | You. | 是你 |
[15:02] | We would only ask that this complaint be quashed | 我们只有请求 撤消此项申诉 |
[15:06] | until the court’s jurisdiction is satisfied. | 直到这个法庭具备受理诉讼的管辖权吧 |
[15:07] | We are in active litigation at this moment, | 我们此刻正在进行积极的上诉 |
[15:10] | Mr. Chairman… | 主席先生 |
[15:10] | – After poaching my case. – No. | -在抢走我的案子后 -不对 |
[15:12] | We did not approach the client. | 该委托人不是我们抢来的 |
[15:14] | She approached us, | 是她找的我们 |
[15:15] | disappointed with your representation. | 她对你们的辩护不满意 |
[15:18] | Mr. Chairman, we need all these case files | 主席先生 我们需要所有的案件卷宗 |
[15:20] | so that we can properly represent the client’s interests, | 这样我们才能完全代表委托人的利益 |
[15:23] | and Mr. Gardner and Ms. Lockhart | 加德纳先生和洛克哈特女士 |
[15:25] | are actively delaying… | 在故意拖延… |
[15:26] | What, I don’t rate? | 什么 我不算吗 |
[15:28] | And Mr. Lee are actively delaying | 以及李先生在故意拖延 |
[15:30] | the delivery of these files | 交出这些卷宗的时间 |
[15:31] | in an attempt to win the client back. | 企图赢回客户 |
[15:33] | Is this true, Will? | 这是真的吗 威尔 |
[15:34] | No. We are carefully culling | 不 我们正在仔细筛选 |
[15:36] | our records for these files. | 关于这些卷宗的档案记录 |
[15:37] | There’s no need to cull. | 根本没有必要筛选 |
[15:38] | This isn’t the ’70s. | 又不是七十年代 |
[15:40] | Lockhart/Gardner’s IT department | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所的信息技术部 |
[15:42] | keeps a careful, ongoing record of all its cases. | 为所有案件都保存了细致的持续记录 |
[15:45] | All you have to do is type in this code and push “Return”” | 你们只需输入密码再按个回车键就搞定了 |
[15:48] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[15:50] | I worked there. | 我在那工作过 |
[15:53] | Will… | 威尔… |
[15:55] | You were suspended because of this kind of nonsense. | 你以前就曾因这种荒唐事被停过执照 |
[15:58] | Get her the files, or be sanctioned. | 把卷宗给她 不然就接受处罚 |
[16:02] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[16:03] | Oh, we’re handling it, Lionel. Don’t worry. | 我们还在处理 莱昂内尔 别担心 |
[16:05] | Oh, no, no. I just wanted to say, | 不不不 我只是想说 |
[16:07] | I told Florrick’s people that | 我对福瑞克那边的人说了 |
[16:09] | you would make a far better justice than Blair Koturbash. | 你做法官的话 要比布莱尔·寇巴施强多了 |
[16:13] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[16:14] | The governor’s people called to vet Koturbash, | 州长那边对寇巴施进行了审査 |
[16:16] | and I said they were crazy not to nominate you | 我觉得他们没提名你做最高院法官 |
[16:18] | for the Supreme Court seat. | 简直是疯了 |
[16:20] | But I’m sure everything will be fine. | 但我相信你会没事的 |
[16:30] | Well, how long until the meeting is over? | 会议什么时候结束 |
[16:33] | Well, please tell Mr. Gold to call. | 那麻烦你让戈德先生回个电话 |
[16:35] | Kalinda? | 凯琳达 |
[16:37] | I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[16:41] | Peter Florrick is vetting another candidate | 彼得·福瑞克正在审查其他的 |
[16:43] | for the Supreme Court. | 最高院法官候选人 |
[16:45] | It may just be for show. | 可能只是为了装装样子 |
[16:47] | Peter may want it to look like a fair process. | 彼得想让外界觉得是公平竞争 |
[16:51] | Or it… it could be because of events here. | 但也…可能是因为这里发生的事 |
[16:53] | – I’ll find out. – Good, thanks. | -我会查清楚 -很好 谢谢 |
[16:55] | Bill me personally. | 账单开我个人的 |
[17:05] | Bad day? | 糟糕的一天吗 |
[17:11] | Found your defect for your gun case. | 找到了你那个枪支案中的产品缺陷 |
[17:16] | You want me to come back? | 要不我待会再过来 |
[17:18] | No, it’s… | 不是 这个… |
[17:20] | It’s just not my case anymore. | 这不再是我的案子了 |
[17:23] | It’s too bad. It’s winnable. | 太可惜了 本来稳赢的 |
[17:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[17:29] | Hello, Alicia. It’s Gina… at work. | 你好 艾丽西娅 我是吉娜…你同事 |
[17:32] | I mean, your old work. | 我是说 以前的同事 |
[17:33] | Oh. Hi, Gina. How are you? | 你好 吉娜 你好吗 |
[17:35] | Good. | 挺好 |
[17:36] | Uh, actually, not so good. | 说实话 不怎么好 |
[17:38] | They’ve stopped paying for teleconferencing from home, | 从家里参加电话会议的通讯费不能报销了 |
[17:41] | and I have child-care problems. | 我家孩子的照料也出了困难 |
[17:43] | I’m so sorry. I would have called, | 太抱歉了 我应该打给你的 |
[17:45] | but, uh, we’re not hiring assistants right now. | 但是 我们现在不招助理 |
[17:48] | We’re still looking for office space. | 我们还在找办公地点呢 |
[17:50] | What if I gave you something | 要是我提供一些 |
[17:52] | that would help win your gun case? | 能助你打赢枪支案的信息呢 |
[17:55] | What if? What is it? | 要是 什么信息 |
[17:56] | No. I need my same salary, | 不是现在 我要求相同的薪水 |
[17:59] | two days at home, one year guaranteed. | 两天在家办公 至少一年的合同 |
[18:03] | Uh, Carey, | 凯里 |
[18:05] | do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[18:09] | – Everything all right? – Yeah. | -一切都还好吧 -嗯 |
[18:10] | Um, just, what did Grace want? | 只是…格蕾丝要干吗 |
[18:12] | Oh, she just wanted to know if I was converted in Campus Faith, | 她只是想知道我有没有改信「校园信仰」 |
[18:15] | or if I always was a Christian. | 还是我一直就信基督教 |
[18:17] | Okay, here’s the thing. | 好的 是这样的 |
[18:20] | I don’t want my family life overlapping with my work life, | 我不想我的家庭和我的工作混在一起 |
[18:24] | so, if you don’t mind, | 所以 如果你不介意 |
[18:26] | the next time Grace wants to talk to you, | 下次格蕾丝找你聊天 |
[18:29] | just tell her you’re busy? | 你就和她说你很忙好吗 |
[18:30] | It’s completely innocent, | 我们根本就没什么啊 |
[18:31] | – Alicia. – I know. | -艾丽西娅 -我知道 |
[18:33] | I just don’t want my daughter distracted. | 我只是不想我女儿分心 |
[18:35] | I want her to do her homework. | 我想要她做家庭作业 |
[18:36] | – Okay. Sorry. – No, no. | -好的 抱歉 -没有 没有 |
[18:39] | Everything’s fine. | 没什么事 |
[18:42] | Um, I have to go and get us a ballistics expert. | 我得去找个弹道专家 |
[18:46] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 一小时后回来 |
[18:50] | Grace? | 格蕾丝 |
[18:51] | – Bye. – See ya. | -再见 -回见 |
[18:59] | I wasn’t doing anything. | 我什么都没干 |
[19:00] | I know, I just wanted the pleasure of your company. | 我知道 我只是想和你在一起 |
[19:06] | Alicia’s going to want us to join Wallis & Frey. | 艾丽西娅想要我们加入沃利斯&弗雷 |
[19:08] | – I know. – They want a portion of our Chumhum fee. | -我知道 -他们想和我们分查查网的酬金 |
[19:10] | We need to outvote Alicia. | 我们得通过投票否决艾丽西娅的提议 |
[19:12] | Or find new office space. | 或者赶紧找个新办公地点 |
[19:14] | This is all about us invading her home. | 都是因为我们入侵了她的家 |
[19:19] | Find something, and we won’t need to outvote her. | 赶紧找 找到后我们就不用投票否决了 |
[19:22] | – Hello? – Hi | -你好 -你好 |
[19:25] | Um, I have a meeting with Alicia at 3:00, | 我和艾丽西娅约好三点见面 |
[19:28] | but I think she’s a little late. | 但她好像迟到了 |
[19:29] | Actually, she had a meeting to go to. | 其实她赶去开会了 |
[19:31] | I’m her partner, Cary Agos. | 我是她的合伙人 凯里·艾格斯 |
[19:33] | May I help you? | 能帮上忙吗 |
[19:34] | I’m the chair of the Governor’s Ethics Commission. | 我是州长伦理委员会的主席 |
[19:37] | Um, I just had a few questions. | 我就想问几个问题 |
[19:41] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[19:45] | And you’re making soup? | 你要做汤吗 |
[19:47] | No. I just never know when I might feel sick. | 不是 我只是不知道什么时候又会想吐 |
[19:50] | So you’ve acquired Chumhum as a client? | 你们取得了查查网的委托权 |
[19:53] | That’s a great account. | 这是个大客户啊 |
[19:54] | Oh, it is. | 是的 |
[19:55] | It’s just their Midwestern business, | 我们只负责他们在美国中西部的生意 |
[19:56] | but it’s pretty big. | 但确实不小 |
[20:02] | But it didn’t look like | 但好像其实 |
[20:03] | the account was always gonna go your way? | 他们并不是一直选的你们 |
[20:05] | Well, we-we had a battle with Lockhart/Gardner, | 我们和洛&加律所竞争了一番 |
[20:07] | our old firm, over it. | 我们的老东家 我们赢了 |
[20:09] | And Peter Florrick | 彼得·福瑞克 |
[20:10] | heard about your troubles with the account? | 知道你们和这个客户之间的瓜葛吧 |
[20:12] | Well, he was here, so, yeah, I guess he did. | 他当时在 所以我想是的 |
[20:15] | He was here, at the apartment, | 他当时在 在这个公寓吗 |
[20:17] | when you heard about losing Chumhum? | 当你知道你们就要失去查查网的时候 |
[20:20] | Yes. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[20:21] | No reason. So you were surprised | 没什么 所以福瑞克州长发表的 |
[20:24] | when Governor Florrick made a speech about Internet taxation? | 关于互联网商务征税的演讲也让你们很意外吧 |
[20:27] | I mean, that-that speech really turned the tides for you. | 我是说 那个演讲真心帮你们扭转了劣势 |
[20:32] | You work for Mr. Florrick? | 你是为福瑞克先生工作的吧 |
[20:34] | Governor Florrick? Yes. | 福瑞克州长吗 是的 |
[20:36] | I mean, after that speech, | 我是说 在那个演讲过后 |
[20:37] | the account really came your way… | 客户就向着你们了… |
[20:38] | Actually, why don’t we wait for Alicia to return? | 我们还是等艾丽西娅回来再谈吧 |
[20:42] | Maybe she should help answer these questions. | 或许她能帮忙回答这些问题 |
[20:49] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[20:52] | Just so I understand, Mrs. Florrick. | 据我了解 福瑞克女士 |
[20:54] | You took the case from Diane Lockhart? | 这个案子是你从戴安·洛克哈特那抢来的 |
[20:56] | No. The client came to me of her own free will. | 不是 是客户自愿来找我的 |
[20:59] | I didn’t take her. | 不是我要过来的 |
[21:00] | – I was hired by Lockhart/Gardner. – I know. | -我受雇于洛&加律所 -我知道 |
[21:01] | And we would like to hire you, too. | 我们也想聘用你 |
[21:03] | We’ll pay your usual fee, | 收费按你的标准 |
[21:05] | and ask nothing more than your good judgment. | 且完全信任你良好的判断力 |
[21:08] | Ah, my good judgment. | 我良好的判断力 |
[21:09] | Mr. McVeigh, I know you’re married to Diane | 麦克维先生 我知道你和戴安结婚了 |
[21:12] | and I don’t want to cause any problems for you, | 我也不想给你造成任何麻烦 |
[21:15] | but there is a defective gun out there, | 但那把枪的确出了问题 |
[21:17] | and I know that means more to you than anything. | 我知道这对你比什么都重要 |
[21:19] | You know what means more to me than anything? | 你知道什么对我最重要吗 |
[21:20] | – Not being used. – I’m not using you. | -不被利用 -我不是在利用你 |
[21:22] | All I am asking you to do is… | 我只是想要你… |
[21:25] | tell the truth in a case. | 说出案件的真相 |
[21:26] | You’re not after the truth. | 你并不是来寻求真相的 |
[21:28] | Forget our issues with Lockhart/Gardner. | 忘掉我们和洛&加律所的纠结吧 |
[21:31] | Mrs. Sorrentino is an innocent woman | 索伦蒂诺女士是一个无辜的女人 |
[21:34] | who deserves justice; that’s the truth. | 她应该获得公正的裁决 这就是真相 |
[21:39] | What do you need me to do? | 你要我做什么 |
[21:41] | Anything. Start from scratch. Dig deeper. | 任何事 从头开始 深入细节 |
[21:43] | There has to be something you missed. | 肯定有什么被你遗漏了 |
[21:45] | I don’t miss things, Mrs. Florrick. | 我从不遗漏 福瑞克女士 |
[22:12] | He had a lot of guns. | 他有很多枪 |
[22:15] | He’s a ballistics expert. | 他是位弹道专家 |
[22:17] | They were… really elaborate. | 那些枪…很精致 |
[22:20] | It’s all right for him to have them, but… | 他有枪没问题 但是… |
[22:22] | guns are dangerous. | 枪是很危险的 |
[22:26] | I want to fire one sometime. | 我有时挺想打两枪的 |
[22:29] | No. I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 不 我觉得这个念头可不太好 |
[22:32] | Have you ever fired one? | 你打过枪吗 |
[22:34] | No. | 没有 |
[22:37] | I want to sometime. | 我有时挺想的 |
[22:45] | They sent the files… | 他们送来了卷宗 |
[22:46] | – I can’t believe it. – Don’t. | -真不敢相信 -别开心太早 |
[22:47] | They redacted them. | 全被他们涂改了 |
[22:49] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[22:50] | Nope. They’re toying with you. | 没骗你 他们耍你呢 |
[23:16] | I want a baby. | 我想要个孩子 |
[23:18] | You… | 你… |
[23:20] | What? | 什么 |
[23:21] | Don’t worry, I don’t want you. | 别担心 我不要你 |
[23:23] | I just want your baby. | 我只要你的孩子 |
[23:26] | You don’t have to be the dad. | 你不用当爸爸 |
[23:28] | I don’t want you to stick around. | 我不想你在眼前转悠 |
[23:28] | Isabel, I’ve known you three days. | 伊莎贝尔 我们才认识三天 |
[23:30] | Right. | 没错 |
[23:31] | This isn’t about commitment | 我不是要你给我承诺 |
[23:33] | or wanting to live with you. | 或者要跟你一起生活 |
[23:35] | I want you to get me pregnant | 我就想要你给我播个种 |
[23:36] | – and… go away. – I got to go to work. | -然后就走人 -我得去上班了 |
[23:38] | So, that’s a no? | 你这是拒绝吗 |
[23:40] | It’s a “I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, | 这意思是我根本不明白你在说什么 |
[23:43] | but I want to return to people who make sense” | 所以我要去找不说胡话的人 |
[23:49] | – You really think I wanted a baby? – I did. | -你真以为我想要个孩子吗 -我真以为 |
[23:51] | Oh… psyche. | 逗你玩的 |
[23:55] | Come on, get me pregnant, Will. | 来吧 让我怀孕吧 威尔 |
[23:57] | Bye, crazy lady. | 再见 疯女人 |
[24:00] | But I need your baby inside me, Will. | 但我要怀上你的孩子 威尔 |
[24:07] | I’ve been asked to testify in the Sorrentino gun case. | 有人找我给索伦蒂诺枪击案出庭作证 |
[24:15] | You’ve been asked? | 有人找你 |
[24:16] | By whom? | 是谁 |
[24:17] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[24:27] | And you’re… asking me if this is all right? | 你现在是…征求我的同意吗 |
[24:31] | No. We said when we got married | 不是 我们说过结婚后 |
[24:33] | that we wouldn’t have veto power over each other’s cases. | 谁也不能反对对方接的案件 |
[24:35] | – So you’re just informing me? – Yes. | -所以你是在通知我 -是的 |
[24:39] | – This was my case. – I know. | -这原本是我的案子 -我知道 |
[24:40] | – And it’s winnable. – Winnable for Alicia. | -这案子能赢 -是艾丽西娅能赢 |
[24:43] | No, winnable for Heather Sorrentino. | 不 是希瑟·索伦蒂诺能赢 |
[24:48] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[24:51] | How is that not fair? | 怎么不公平了 |
[24:53] | Well, you’ve already made up your mind, | 你已经决定了 |
[24:54] | so go, go do it. | 那就去吧 |
[24:56] | The gun is defective… | 这把枪有缺陷 |
[24:58] | – it should be taken off the street. – Yep. | -应该退出市场 -对 |
[25:01] | Go. Be a hero. | 去吧 当你的英雄去吧 |
[25:10] | They’re called junk guns– | 它们被称作垃圾枪 |
[25:11] | that’s the term that law enforcement uses | 这个词被执法部门专门用来 |
[25:13] | for cheaply made handguns. | 称呼这些做工低劣的手枪 |
[25:15] | You see a lot of them, because they’re easy to buy. | 这种枪市面上很常见 因为很容易买到 |
[25:18] | Did you examine the Lobera .38 | 你是否检测过杀害提姆·索伦蒂诺的 |
[25:19] | – that killed Tim Sorrentino? – Yes. | -罗布拉点38式手枪 -是的 |
[25:21] | I compared it to five separate Loberas that I bought | 我将其与另外五支我在不同商店 |
[25:23] | from five different stores. | 买的罗布拉手枪进行了对比 |
[25:25] | -Why? – To ensure that my test sample was random. | -为什么 -为确保检测样品具有随机性 |
[25:28] | And what did you find? | 你的结论是什么 |
[25:29] | The trigger mechanism had a faulty spring, | 扳机装置的弹簧有缺陷 |
[25:31] | and the resistance was 75% less than normal. | 其阻力比正常数值低75% |
[25:35] | So with this kind of hair trigger, | 那么使用这种一触即发的扳机 |
[25:37] | could a gun discharge if it hit the ground? | 枪支掉到地上有没有可能出现走火呢 |
[25:39] | I’d be surprised if it didn’t. | 不走火反倒奇怪 |
[25:41] | Thank you, Mr. McVeigh. | 谢谢 麦克维先生 |
[25:48] | I don’t know much about guns, | 我对枪支了解不多 |
[25:49] | but, um, my daddy does hunt a little bit, | 但是 我爸爸偶尔会去打猎 |
[25:52] | and he told me that there are other factors | 他跟我说过还有些因素 |
[25:55] | that can contribute to a firearm’s performance. | 也会影响枪支的性能 |
[25:57] | – Um, such as weather, right? – Certainly. | -比如天气 是吧 -当然会 |
[26:00] | Were you aware that on June 18, | 你是否知道6月18日 |
[26:01] | the day Mr. Sorrentino died, | 即索伦蒂诺先生遇害那天 |
[26:03] | that Chicago was experiencing a heat wave | 芝加哥市热浪袭人 |
[26:06] | and the temperature was 98 degrees? | 气温高达37度 |
[26:09] | No. | 不知道 |
[26:10] | How about moisture… | 那么湿度呢 |
[26:11] | like… from a car wash, | 比如 洗车导致湿度上升 |
[26:14] | could that affect a firearm’s performance? | 是否会影响枪支的性能呢 |
[26:19] | It could. | 有可能 |
[26:20] | So if I kept a gun locked in a drawer | 那如果我将一支枪置于 |
[26:22] | in a damp environment in 98-degree heat, | 37度高温且环境潮湿的抽屉里 |
[26:25] | could that cause a hair trigger? | 这是否会导致扳机一触即发呢 |
[26:29] | It could. | 有可能 |
[26:39] | You, uh, asked me to look into the vetting process | 你叫我调查当选州长的 |
[26:42] | of the governor-elect. | 审核程序 |
[26:45] | It’s real? | 是真的吗 |
[26:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:48] | They’re, um, they’re vetting Blair Koturbash, | 他们正在审核的有布莱尔·寇巴施 |
[26:50] | Thomas Veracruz and Janet Sasaki. | 托马斯·维拉科鲁兹和珍妮特·佐佐木 |
[26:54] | I’m out? | 我没选上 |
[26:56] | I… I can’t say that. | 这我没法回答 |
[27:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:03] | That’s… that’s what I thought. | 我已经料到了 |
[27:28] | And here we are again. | 大家又见面了 |
[27:30] | But, uh, no Mrs. Florrick? | 但是 福瑞克夫人怎么没来 |
[27:32] | She’s in court, Your Honor, but I’m Cary Agos, | 她在出庭 法官阁下 我叫凯里·艾格斯 |
[27:34] | – and I’m here to argue… – Lionel is fine. | -今天我来…-叫我莱昂内尔吧 |
[27:37] | And what seems to be the problem now? | 这次又是什么问题 |
[27:39] | This is what Mr. Gardner and Ms. Lockhart have sent us. | 这是加德纳先生和洛克哈特女士给的证据 |
[27:42] | Uh, Will… | 威尔 |
[27:45] | – Will… – We sent every file we’re legally required to… | -威尔 -我们已依法将所有卷宗… |
[27:48] | You’re trying to bleed us out of this case. | 你是故意想让我们没任何材料可用 |
[27:49] | That is not true. | 不是这样 |
[27:51] | – Florrick and Associates… – Florrick-Agos. | -福瑞克律所…-福瑞克&艾格斯律所 |
[27:53] | is legally entitled to client files. | 有权获取客户案件的卷宗 |
[27:55] | They are not legally entitled to work product. | 但他们无权获取工作成果 |
[27:58] | And the redactions are your work product? | 这些被涂盖的都是你们的工作成果吗 |
[27:59] | Yes. Our personal notes, our observations, | 是的 我们个人的标注 观察记录 |
[28:02] | our-our legal stratagems. | 以及我们的策略 |
[28:03] | Not your legal stratagems, | 法律策略不是你们的 |
[28:04] | our legal stratagems from when | 这是我们给你们打工时 |
[28:06] | – we worked for you. – Yes, when you were | -提出来的 -没错 当时你们 |
[28:07] | a Lockhart/Gardner employee… in other words, | 受雇于加律所 换句话说 |
[28:09] | – our work product. – Your Honor, | -那就是我们的工作成果 -法官阁下 |
[28:11] | we’d like to call a hostile witness | 我方请求传召一名敌对证人 |
[28:12] | to prove that this isn’t true. | 证明对方所述并不属实 |
[28:14] | I mean, Mr. Chairman. | 主席先生 |
[28:17] | Miss Sharma, | 夏尔马小姐 |
[28:18] | you conducted investigative work on Heather Sorrentino’s suit | 你负责过希瑟·索伦蒂诺起诉 |
[28:21] | – against Decatur Firearms? – Yes. | -迪凯特枪械案的调查是吗 -是的 |
[28:24] | What questions did you ask them? | 你问了他们哪些问题 |
[28:25] | I was trying to determine if anyone had prior knowledge | 我想确定是否有人事先已知 |
[28:28] | of the flaws in the Lobera .38. | 罗布拉点38式手枪存在缺陷 |
[28:29] | – And what did you conclude? – Objection. | -你的结论是什么 -反对 |
[28:32] | He’s fishing for content for his lawsuit. | 他是在为自己的案件打探线索 |
[28:33] | Keep it on point, Mr. Agos. | 问重点 艾格斯先生 |
[28:34] | Did you take notes during these interviews? | 在询问过程中你是否做了记录 |
[28:36] | – I did. – What did you do with these notes? | -做了 -这些记录你怎么处理的 |
[28:38] | I shared them with Ms. Lockhart, | 给洛克哈特女士看过 |
[28:40] | and then I put them away in the files. | 然后放进卷宗档案里了 |
[28:42] | Lionel, clearly these notes are part of the client files, | 莱昂内尔 显然这也属于客户的案件卷宗 |
[28:44] | but they have been redacted. | 但是却被他们涂盖了 |
[28:45] | Just a few questions. | 我问几个问题 |
[28:46] | Kalinda, did you write anything else | 凯琳达 记录里除了员工的回答外 |
[28:48] | in your notes besides the employees’ answers? | 你还有写其他东西吗 |
[28:50] | I did. Comments and observations. | 有 一些意见和观察记录 |
[28:53] | Such as? | 比如说呢 |
[28:55] | I wanted to look into one of the lab employees. | 比如我想调查一位实验室的员工 |
[28:57] | I suspected was an alcoholic. | 因为我怀疑他酗酒 |
[28:59] | So you didn’t just record objective facts– | 所以你记录的不仅包括客观事实 |
[29:01] | you memorialized subjective opinion, | 还包括你主观的看法 |
[29:03] | – follow-ups, strategies. – Yes. | -后续调查 策略等等 -没错 |
[29:06] | Uh, hello? Hello? | 你好 你好 |
[29:08] | – May I help you? – Hi. | -有事吗 -你好 |
[29:09] | Uh, Robyn Burdine, the Florrick-Agos investigator. | 罗宾·伯丁 福瑞克&艾格斯律所调查员 |
[29:17] | I just have a quick follow-up. | 我有点信息要补充 |
[29:19] | Miss Sharma, what is this? | 夏尔马小姐 这是什么 |
[29:23] | It’s, um, it’s an invoice to Heather Sorrentino for my services. | 是…给希瑟·索伦蒂诺的服务发票 |
[29:27] | Your investigative services in connection with the Decatur Firearms case. | 是你关于迪凯特枪械案的调查服务发票 |
[29:32] | – Yes. – But this is not a Lockhart/Gardner invoice. | -对 -但这不是洛&加律所的发票 |
[29:34] | This has been issued by you personally. | 是由你个人签发的 |
[29:37] | Is that because you are an independent contractor | 是因为你是和洛&加律所签约的 |
[29:39] | engaged by Lockhart/Gardner, | 独立合同人 |
[29:41] | and technically not an employee of the firm? | 严格说来并非律所雇员 对吗 |
[29:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[29:45] | Mr. Chairman, this invoice proves that Kalinda Sharma | 主席先生 这张发票证明凯琳达·夏尔马 |
[29:47] | was engaged directly by the client, | 由委托人直接雇用 |
[29:48] | and therefore her notes are our client property. | 因此她的记录是我委托人的财产 |
[29:55] | At least I don’t see any rats. | 至少这回没发现可疑之处 |
[29:57] | I think we got the real files. | 我们应该是拿到了真正的卷宗 |
[29:58] | No redactions. | 没有涂盖 |
[30:00] | Here, either. | 这本也没有 |
[30:02] | Good job, you two. | 干得漂亮 两位 |
[30:03] | Mom, there’s someone at the door. | 妈妈 门口有人找 |
[30:08] | Oh, Mr. McVeigh, hello. | 麦克维先生 你好 |
[30:10] | You got a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[30:10] | Yes. Um, what can I help you with? | 有 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[30:13] | My examination of the .38. | 我对那支点38手枪的测试 |
[30:14] | Oh, that’s okay. We have other evidence. | 没关系了 我们有别的证据 |
[30:16] | When I first examined the firing mechanism, | 我第一次测试击发装置时 |
[30:18] | it was easy to access, | 很容易就重现了现场 |
[30:20] | there was no need to take it apart. | 完全没必要拆解 |
[30:23] | But I was thinking about the environmental conditions | 但我在想庭上提到的 |
[30:24] | mentioned in court, so… | 环境条件的问题 所以… |
[30:27] | this time I wanted to be sure. | 这次我希望可以确定 |
[30:29] | Sure of what? | 确定什么 |
[30:32] | These are…? | 这些是… |
[30:35] | What you need to win. | 你打赢案子需要的证据 |
[30:37] | That’s interesting, | 真有意思 |
[30:38] | because when I hear someone yell, “Just give him the money,” | 因为如果我听到有人喊「把钱给他」 |
[30:41] | I assume they’re conducting a robbery. | 我会以为他们在实施抢劫 |
[30:42] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 提问有争议性 |
[30:44] | Mr. Rolfe already explained that he was just trying | 罗尔夫先生已经解释说他只是 |
[30:46] | to get the victim out of there alive. | 想救被害人 使其活着离开现场 |
[30:47] | Withdrawn. | 我收回 |
[30:50] | Your Honor… I would like to add one more witness. | 法官阁下 我想增加一位证人 |
[30:56] | – The gun had bad pins. – In what way? | -枪的击针有问题 -什么问题 |
[30:58] | In what way were they bad? | 具体是什么问题呢 |
[31:01] | This is a standard cocking cam pivot pin. | 这是个标准的击发连动轴销 |
[31:04] | It’s kind of a link between the trigger and the hammer. | 算是扳机和击锤之间的一个连接装置 |
[31:06] | This is the pin that was in Tim Sorrentino’s gun. | 这是提姆·索伦蒂诺枪里的轴销 |
[31:09] | It was defective. That’s what caused the hair trigger. | 有缺陷 这就导致了微力触发 |
[31:11] | In your opinion… | 你认为… |
[31:12] | And in your opinion, what caused this defect? | 你认为缺陷是什么造成的 |
[31:15] | The gun was new, so… owner misuse wasn’t the problem. | 枪是新的 所以不是使用不当的问题 |
[31:18] | That leaves a flaw in manufacturing. | 那就只能来自于生产过程了 |
[31:20] | So… it was already damaged | 所以…轴销在装入 |
[31:23] | before it was installed into Tim Sorrentino’s gun, | 提姆·索伦蒂诺的枪前就已经损坏了 |
[31:26] | and a gun like this could discharge if it hit the ground? | 而这样的枪掉在地上都有可能走火 |
[31:30] | Yes, definitely. | 当然 |
[31:31] | So… a murder charge against my client | 那么…对我委托人的谋杀起诉 |
[31:33] | would clearly be unwarranted. | 就是毫无根据的 |
[31:35] | Objection. Your Honor, | 反对 法官阁下 |
[31:35] | beyond the scope, beyond the sense. | 提问超出范围 超出认知 |
[31:38] | I’ll withdraw… and rest my case. | 我收回…问话结束 |
[31:42] | – Thank you. – All in a day’s work. | -谢谢 -一天的功夫而已 |
[31:50] | Nice job you did there, Cary, getting them that witness. | 干得漂亮 凯里 给他们找了那个证人 |
[31:53] | Having an innocent man always helps. | 关键是我们的当事人无罪 |
[31:55] | We’ll reduce to involuntary manslaughter. | 我们会改诉过失杀人 |
[31:56] | That’s the best I can do. | 我只能做到这步了 |
[31:58] | This isn’t about having a plea bargain, Geneva. | 我们可不是要认罪辩诉谈判 吉妮瓦 |
[32:00] | This is about clearing Mr. Rolfe of all charges. | 我们要撤销罗尔夫先生的全部起诉 |
[32:02] | Five years. With good time credit, | 五年 如果表现良好 |
[32:04] | you’ll be out in three. You have ten minutes to decide. | 三年就能出来 给你十分钟考虑 |
[32:09] | All right, it’s not what we’d hoped for, | 好了 虽然不是我们希望的 |
[32:11] | but we can still beat this in court. | 但在庭上击败他们 |
[32:13] | – Take it. – What?! | -接受吧 -什么 |
[32:14] | Wait. The ASA is just playing a game of chicken. | 等等 助理检察官只是在玩懦夫博弈而已 |
[32:17] | And she won. Take it, Adam. | 那她赢了 接受吧 亚当 |
[32:20] | You don’t take five years, you’re likely facing 20. | 你不接受这五年 就可能坐二十年牢 |
[32:22] | Take it. | 接受吧 |
[32:26] | He took the deal? | 他接受了条件 |
[32:26] | He didn’t want to risk 20 years. | 他不想冒二十年牢狱之灾的风险 |
[32:28] | Well, we have to find a new strategy, because his guilty plea | 我们得想个新对策 因为他一认罪 |
[32:31] | just gave Nancy Crozier her criminal act. | 南希·克罗泽正好坐实了犯罪行为的说法 |
[32:32] | Mom? I’m going back to my room to study. See? | 妈妈 我回屋学习了 行吧 |
[32:36] | Good. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[32:43] | I’m sorry I missed you before. | 抱歉我之前错过了和你的会面 |
[32:44] | Yes, but it seems | 对 但似乎 |
[32:47] | you got your answers from Cary instead. | 你已从凯里那得到了想要的答案 |
[32:51] | Yes, he mentioned that Peter was here | 对 他提到当你们发现 |
[32:54] | when you discovered the Chumhum account was in trouble. | 与查查网的合作出现问题时 彼得也在场 |
[32:56] | Peter did not know that. | 彼得不知道那事 |
[32:58] | – But he was here? – Yes. Having sex with me. | -但他在现场 -对 在跟我做爱 |
[33:03] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to… | 抱歉 我没想… |
[33:04] | – Pry? – Yes. | -打听隐私 -是的 |
[33:08] | Here’s what I’m wondering, Ms. Garbanza. | 我在想 戈班扎女士 |
[33:11] | Who are you really working for? | 你到底在为谁工作 |
[33:14] | The governor… of course. | 当然是…州长 |
[33:17] | So, that’s why you hid the fact | 那你为什么隐瞒实情 |
[33:19] | that you were really here to snoop around | 你来这里其实是为了探查 |
[33:20] | about Peter’s Internet taxation speech? | 彼得关于互联网商务税收的演讲 |
[33:36] | I, uh… | 我… |
[33:39] | I had a tip. | 我收到了消息 |
[33:40] | Someone called my office anonymously, | 有人匿名给我办公室打电话 |
[33:42] | saying that Peter used his bully pulpit | 声称彼得利用州长的话语优势 |
[33:44] | to help you sign Chumhum. | 帮你签下了查查网 |
[33:46] | I wanted to investigate in order to protect Peter. | 我为保护彼得 就想调查一下 |
[33:49] | You mean Governor Florrick? | 你是说福瑞克州长 |
[33:51] | Yes, of course. Governor Florrick. | 对 当然 福瑞克州长 |
[33:54] | And how does this investigation protect him? | 这个调查怎么就能保护他了 |
[33:58] | When I write a report | 等我写了报告 |
[33:59] | clearing you and Governor Florrick of wrongdoing, | 澄清你和福瑞克州长没有不当行为 |
[34:02] | it will inoculate you against future investigation. | 你将来就不会再被调查了 |
[34:08] | You’re right not to trust me, Alicia. | 你不相信我是对的 艾丽西娅 |
[34:11] | My job is both friendly and antagonistic. | 我的工作既有友好亲善也有敌对相斥 |
[34:18] | But I’d like to tell you where your story is weak. | 但我愿意告诉你 你的说法哪里有漏洞 |
[34:24] | Go for it. | 那就说吧 |
[34:26] | You should warn Cary about talking to outsiders. | 你应该警告凯里不要跟外人乱说 |
[34:30] | You should ask the governor | 你应该要求州长 |
[34:32] | not to intervene in your business again. | 不要再干涉你的生意 |
[34:34] | – He doesn’t. – He does. | -他从不干涉 -他会 |
[34:36] | When it comes to his family, he does. | 一旦涉及家人 他就一定会出手 |
[34:39] | And that’s what will eventually… | 而那最终会… |
[34:44] | …hurt him. | 伤害到他 |
[34:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:50] | I need to go. | 我得走了 |
[34:52] | Can I get you anything? | 需要我给你拿点什么吗 |
[34:53] | The second trimester. | 不过是怀孕中期症状而已 |
[35:01] | Well, we could put the plant manager on the stand. | 我们可以让车间经理出庭作证 |
[35:03] | He must have known about the defective pins. | 他一定知道缺陷轴销的事 |
[35:05] | He’ll just deny it. | 他会否认的 |
[35:06] | Then we need to try another PLCAA exception. | 那我们得试试PLCAA其他的例外条款 |
[35:10] | Fine. Which one? | 好 试哪个 |
[35:11] | Breach of warranty? | 违反产品质量保证 |
[35:14] | It’s a stretch. A big one. | 有点牵强 相当牵强 |
[35:16] | McVeigh gave us the defect. | 麦克维告诉了我们缺陷之处 |
[35:17] | We need to demonstrate how it violated the warranty. | 我们得展示它如何违反了产品保证 |
[35:20] | And no one’s ever tried this before? | 之前没人试过吗 |
[35:22] | No one’s ever had Judge Davies. | 没人得到过戴维斯法官的支持 |
[35:23] | Look, he wants to rule for us. | 他想做对我们有利的判决 |
[35:25] | We need to give him something. | 我们得给他理由 |
[35:25] | Okay, warranty violation. Only problem? | 好 违反保证 唯一的问题是 |
[35:29] | Lockhart/Gardner has the manufacturer’s warranty documents. | 制造商的产品保证文件都在洛&加律所 |
[35:33] | Of course they do. | 那是当然 |
[35:36] | You’re wearing me out. | 你要把我折腾到精尽人亡了 |
[35:39] | What if I did want a kid? | 如果我真想要个孩子呢 |
[35:41] | What if you what? Are we joking now or what? | 如果什么 我们又在开玩笑吗 |
[35:44] | We’re joking… and not joking. | 我们是在开玩笑 才怪 |
[35:52] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[36:05] | Oh, we were about to start without you. | 我们正打算不等你来就开始呢 |
[36:06] | I’m here. | 我来了 |
[36:08] | Rock and roll. | 开动吧 |
[36:10] | Florrick & Agos is in the unfortunate position of coming to you | 福瑞克&艾格斯律所陷入逆境 特此前来 |
[36:13] | hat in hand asking for relevant documents piecemeal. | 向你请求 索取一些案件相关的文件 |
[36:17] | As of today, that ends. | 到今天为止 就此了结 |
[36:19] | Mr. Chairman, we ask for sanctions. | 主席先生 我请求制裁 |
[36:21] | And the chair agrees. | 同意请求 |
[36:22] | Every day that files are kept from Florrick&Agos, | 那些文件在洛&加每压一天 |
[36:25] | – a fine of $20,000 will be applied. – That… | -便罚款两万美元 -那 |
[36:28] | That won’t be necessary. | 那不必了 |
[36:29] | We’ll turn over everything immediately. | 我们会立即移交所有文件 |
[36:32] | Once we’re properly compensated for our time and effort. | 条件是必须补偿我们付出的时间和辛劳 |
[36:36] | Your what? | 你们付出了什么 |
[36:38] | Well, here’s a copy of our standard retainer agreement. | 这是份正式聘用协议 |
[36:41] | Mrs. Sorrentino hired us on a contingency basis. | 我们对索伦蒂诺女士是按风险代理收费 |
[36:44] | And that means we’d only get paid if she won. | 不打赢官司我们就拿不到钱 |
[36:46] | Since we’re no longer the attorneys of record, | 既然我们已经不再是该案的律师了 |
[36:48] | we’re entitled to compensation for our work product to date. | 就有权为迄今为止自己的劳动索取赔偿 |
[36:51] | At standard rates, that comes to… $145,000. | 按照我们的时薪 应该是14.5万美元 |
[36:56] | We’re on a contingency basis, | 我们也是风险代理 |
[36:58] | and our client doesn’t have that kind of money. | 我们的委托人可不会付那种钱 |
[37:00] | Well, once someone cuts us a check for the 145 Gs, | 只要有人能给我们一张14.5万的支票 |
[37:05] | you’ll get your files. | 你们的文件立马拿到手 |
[37:11] | Objection! | 反对 |
[37:12] | Your honor has already ruled. | 法官阁下 判决已下 |
[37:14] | The accused, Mr. Rolfe, was sentenced yesterday | 被告 罗尔夫先生昨日被判以 |
[37:16] | to involuntary manslaughter. | 过失杀人罪 |
[37:18] | A crime. | 他是个罪犯 |
[37:20] | Thus, the plaintiff cannot sue, | 鉴于枪击是在犯罪过程中发生的 |
[37:21] | as the gun was fired during a criminal act. | 原告无权起诉 |
[37:24] | Which is why we would like to amend our suit | 正因此我们要将诉讼原因 |
[37:25] | from product liability to breach of warranty. | 从产品责任改为违反产品质量保证 |
[37:27] | I’m sorry. Mrs. Florrick is just obviously | 抱歉 很明显福瑞克女士是在 |
[37:29] | playing a game of musical PLCAA exceptions. | 挨个尝试PLCAA的例外条款 |
[37:32] | Your honor, we have enough evidence to demonstrate… | 法官阁下 我们有充分证据 |
[37:33] | I’m sorry. I’m gonna have to stop you right there, Mrs. Florrick. | 抱歉 我得叫停你了 福瑞克女士 |
[37:36] | – You’ve been replaced as plaintiff’s counsel. – I’ve been… | -你不再是原告辩护律师了 -我… |
[37:45] | Heather? | 希瑟 |
[37:46] | They have all the files, Alicia. | 他们有所有的文件 艾丽西娅 |
[37:47] | I just want to win, that’s all. | 我只是想赢 就这么简单 |
[37:49] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:51] | Permission to be seated, Your Honor? | 我可以坐下来吗 法官阁下 |
[37:53] | Permission granted. | 请坐 |
[37:55] | Well, here we are, exactly where we were two days ago. | 现在跟两天前一样 我们没有任何进展 |
[37:59] | -Congratulations. – Mrs. Florrick? | -恭喜各位了 -福瑞克女士 |
[38:02] | Don’t want you to forget this. | 我可不希望你落下这些 |
[38:08] | Have a nice day. | 祝你今天愉快 |
[38:11] | Your honor, I would like to amend the suit | 法官阁下 我希望将本案诉讼原因 |
[38:14] | from product liability to breach of warranty. | 从产品责任改为违反产品质量保证 |
[38:25] | Lockhart & Gardner. | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[38:27] | Oh, yeah, she is. One second. | 她在 稍等 |
[38:29] | Peter Florrick for you. | 彼得·福瑞克找你 |
[38:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:44] | Hello, Governor. | 你好 州长 |
[38:52] | Yes, I understand. | 是 我明白 |
[38:55] | I, uh, appreciate the honor of even being considered. | 非常感谢您考虑过我 |
[39:01] | Yes, that would be great. | 是的 那样就挺好 |
[39:03] | I’ll have my assistant call. | 我会让我助理打过去 |
[39:06] | Yes, all the best to you, too, Peter. | 是的 也祝你一切都好 彼得 |
[39:18] | – So, you’re going running now? – Yeah. | -你现在要去跑步 -对 |
[39:20] | I’ve got this energy. | 浑身有股能量 |
[39:21] | I don’t know where it’s coming from, but I’m going to ride it. | 说不出是哪来的 总之得发泄一番 |
[39:24] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[39:26] | Nothing. So, we got Heather back. | 没事 希瑟的案子回来了 |
[39:30] | We did, didn’t we? | 我们成功了 不是吗 |
[39:32] | It was like old times. | 像回到从前 |
[39:33] | I was angry, you were calm. | 我很愤怒 而你很冷静 |
[39:36] | What would you say if I stayed? | 如果我留下来 你怎么说 |
[39:43] | Peter screwed you over? | 彼得把你耍了 |
[39:47] | Yes. | 对 |
[39:52] | It’s an odd psychology, isn’t it? | 这是种奇怪的感觉对吧 |
[39:55] | He can hurt his wife all he wants. | 他可以随心所欲伤害自己的妻子 |
[39:56] | But if anyone else tries to do it, he goes absolutely tribal. | 但其他人胆敢尝试 他定与之势不两立 |
[39:58] | Bill and Hillary on steroids. | 像打了鸡血的克林顿和希拉里 |
[40:05] | I’m taking this firm to the top, Diane. | 我要把律所带上巅峰 戴安 |
[40:08] | We’re gonna rip through our opponents. | 我们会干掉所有的对手 |
[40:10] | No votes. | 不用投票 |
[40:11] | Just decide and go. | 直接决定然后执行 |
[40:14] | And it won’t be polite anymore. | 不会再当老好人了 |
[40:16] | Anyone in our way, we kick their ass, | 神挡杀神 佛挡弑佛 |
[40:18] | fire them or buy them out. | 要么炒人 要么收买 |
[40:19] | Can you handle that? | 你能做到吗 |
[40:21] | I’m through being polite. | 好人什么的见鬼去吧 |
[40:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[40:25] | Then welcome aboard. | 欢迎加入 |
[40:32] | I don’t think we should get in business with these people. | 我觉得我们不能跟他们合作共事 |
[40:34] | We just got out from under all of this. | 我们刚从这种境况中解脱出来 |
[40:36] | It’s ridiculous. Why are we even…? | 太扯了 我们凭什么再去… |
[40:37] | Okay. Ok… | 好吧 |
[40:38] | Okay. | 行了 |
[40:41] | We need to decide. We look like idiots to them. | 赶紧决定 不然他们会觉得咱们特傻帽 |
[40:43] | Screw them. They’re tax attorneys. | 让他们去死 一帮破税务律师 |
[40:45] | They’re tax attorneys who are offering us office space. | 就是这帮税务律师给了我们办公的地方 |
[40:47] | Okay, I’m gonna speak for myself. | 好吧 我说一下自己的意见 |
[40:49] | I was impressed with their offer. | 他们提出的条件很不错 |
[40:50] | Wallis & Frey will not touch | 查查网头三年的酬金 |
[40:53] | the first three years of Chumhum money. That is all ours. | 沃利斯&弗雷绝不染指 全归咱们 |
[40:55] | That’s a good deal. | 真的挺划算 |
[40:57] | Yes, but we’ll share voting rights. | 对 但是我们要让出选举权 |
[40:59] | Our ten partners with their ten partners. | 我们两边各占十名合伙人 |
[41:01] | – Do we really want that? – We want to do something. | -真的想要这样吗 -总得有所行动吧 |
[41:04] | Look, we need to get out of here. | 我们需要离开这 |
[41:05] | This isn’t just about me. | 不仅仅是为了我 |
[41:07] | Zach, get your sister out of the kitchen… now. | 扎克 把你妹妹从厨房里弄出来 |
[41:10] | Look, Alicia, if this is just about your apartment… | 艾丽西娅 如果只是因为你的公寓… |
[41:12] | No! | 不是的 |
[41:13] | We are not a real firm until we have real offices. | 没办公室我们就根本算不上个律所 |
[41:17] | We… we can’t meet with clients here. | 我们不能在这和客户见面 |
[41:19] | We can’t meet with Neil Gross here. | 我们不能在这和尼尔·格罗斯见面 |
[41:21] | And Lockhart&Gardner’s gaining initiative while | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所正不断赢取主动权 |
[41:23] | we’re sitting around squabbling. | 而我们却在窝在这争这些有的没的 |
[41:25] | Yeah, but we shouldn’t commit to Wallis & Frey | 对 但我们不应该为了办公室 |
[41:26] | for their office space. | 而跟沃利斯&弗雷合伙 |
[41:27] | Or we’ll end up top-heavy like Lockhart & Gardner, | 不然势必头重脚轻 跟咱们老东家一样 |
[41:29] | which is exactly why we left them. | 那么离开他们的意义何在呢 |
[41:31] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 |
[41:32] | We can debate this till we’re blue in the face. | 再争下去肯定没完了 |
[41:34] | We’re all partners here. Let’s just take a vote. | 现在合伙人都在 我们投票决定 |
[41:35] | No, no. We have to look at how the financials line up. | 不 还要看看财务方面的意见 |
[41:37] | Alicia’s a name partner. She’s calling for a vote. | 艾丽西娅是冠名合伙人 她提议投票 |
[41:39] | So we vote. Okay? | 我们就得投票 行了吧 |
[41:42] | All those in favor for joining Wallis & Frey, raise your hands. | 赞成加入沃利斯&弗雷的 请举手 |
[42:03] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[42:05] | They’ve been bought out. | 他们被收购了 |
[42:07] | Just now? By who? | 就在刚才吗 被谁收了 |
[42:13] | I’m so glad you came on board. | 很高兴您能加入我们 |
[42:15] | We need tax attorneys, and we have the infrastructure. | 我们需要税务律师 硬件设施一应俱全 |
[42:19] | Yeah, Florrick&Agos is a joke. | 福瑞克&艾格斯就是个笑话 |
[42:21] | They’ll be out of business in a month. | 他们一个月内注定倒闭 |
[42:24] | Right. Thanks. | 行 谢谢 |